Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 06:30:25 -0600

128 
ATHW40 PHFO 291230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC WED DEC 29 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 29 2010

FAR NORTH OF THE ISLANDS IS A 100 MILE WIDE BAND OF CLOSELY PACKED 
THUNDERSTORMS...THE EASTERN EDGE OF WHICH RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD THROUGH 
30N156W TO 23N164W. THE THUNDERSTORMS...WHICH RISE SOME 50000 FEET 
UP INTO THE ATMOSPHERE...MARK THE LOCATION OF A STATIONARY LOW 
PRESSURE FRONTAL TROUGH.

A MESS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED EMBEDDED 
THUNDERSTORMS IS LOCATED SOUTH OF THE STATE FROM 07N TO 16N BETWEEN 
145W AND 175W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST MIDDLE AND HIGH CLOUDS ARE MOVING 
NORTHWARD DIRECTLY OVER THE ISLANDS TO 30N AND BEYOND. THE NORTHWARD 
MOVEMENT IS DICTATED BY SOUTHERLY WINDS EAST OF AN UPPER LEVEL LOW 
SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS NEAR 15N169W AND A TROUGH ALOFT EXTENDING 
FROM THE LOW NORTHWARD THROUGH 30N165W. THE CLOUDS CONTINUE TO BLOCK 
THE VIEW OF THE LOW CLOUD FIELD AROUND THE ISLANDS.

HAWAII/S FUTURE WEATHER IS SEEN EAST OF 150W WHERE LOW CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING TO THE WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH. THE LEADING EDGE OF THE TRADE 
WINDS TAKES THE SHAPE OF A CURVED BAND OF BROKEN CLOUDS WITHIN 15O 
MILES EAST OF A LINE FROM 23N151W TO 18N150W TO 13N147W TO 12N140W. 
THE CLOUD BAND IS CURRENTLY MOVING WESTWARD UNDERNEATH THE NUMEROUS 
CLOUDS COMING UP FROM THE SOUTH...SO WILL VANISH SHORTLY.

A COLD FRONT IS LOCATED FAR TO THE NORTHWEST ALONG A LINE THROUGH 
30N173W TO 26N180W AND AWAY TO THE SOUTHWEST. THE FRONT...WHICH 
CONSISTS OF A 250 MILE WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED 
EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS...IS MOVING TO THE EAST AT 25 MPH.

$$

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.