Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:11:28 -0600

365 
FZPN01 KWBC 291609
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED DEC 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 31. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N180W 970 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N169W 
TO 43N172W TO 32N177W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM N AND 
300 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 19 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1020 NM S AND 900 NM N AND 600 NM W AND 300 NM 
E QUADRANTS AND 600 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 
20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N171W 975 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM S 
AND 660 NM N AND 600 NM E AND 360 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS TO 13 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N150W 975 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SE 
AND 540 NM SW AND 240 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 18 FT.  

...STORM WARNING...
.FROM 33N TO 45N W OF 163E AREA OF SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 15 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 44N W OF 170E AREA OF SW WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N162E 978 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 26 TO 37 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM E 
AND 600 NM S AND N AND 360 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N174W 976 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 26 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1020 NM S 
AND 600 NM E AND 540 NM N AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 32N TO 50N E OF 133W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 
TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 125W NW WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 124W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N147W 1009 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N134W 997 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM W AND 420 NM S AND 360 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N148W 990 MB WITH FRONT EXTENDING FROM 
LOW TO 54N135W. WITHIN 120 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS INLAND.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 42N W OF 163E AREA OF WINDS 35 TO 
45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 44N W OF 166E 
AREA OF WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 53N W OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 59N141W 998 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 58N148W 
MENTIONED ABOVE IN WARNINGS.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N AND NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN AN AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 51N180W TO 53N151W TO 40N173W BACK TO 
51N180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 148W AND 
163W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 48N BETWEEN 161W AND 
175W. 

.HIGH 40N145W 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N136W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N131W 1023 MB. 

.30 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N162W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N150W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 31.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N88W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 11N88W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 29N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W W TO NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 27N114W TO 24N123W. N OF FRONT 
NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 24N110W TO 
19N125W. N OF 27N E OF 120W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 
FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 22N E OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 06N TO 15N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 22N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. FROM 08N TO 14N BETWEEN 
112W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 132W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC WED DEC 29...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM FROM LOW PRES 1008 
MB AT 08N78W TO 06N87W TO 05N97W TO 09N118W TO 06N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF LOW PRES 
AT 08N78W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.