Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:45:19 -0600

512 
FZPN40 PHFO 291645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED DEC 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 31 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 25N177E TO 24N168E THENCE A STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 22N160E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT ALONG 30N AND SLOWING.  
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.  ISOLATED 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N171W TO 28N176W TO 24N176E BECOMING 
STATIONARY.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FORECAST FRONT BELOW.

.18 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 27N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 162E AND 168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 23N163E.  WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT MENTIONED ABOVE FROM 
30N174W TO 25N178E.

.TROUGH FROM 12N174W TO 19N171W TO 30N159W MOVING NW 15 KT S END 
AND NEARLY STATIONARY N.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE 
TROUGH N OF 27N.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM E OF THE 
TROUGH N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 19N176W TO 30N157W.  WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 16N162W TO 07N162W MOVING W 10 KT.  ISOLATED 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE TROUGH N OF 10N.

.RIDGE FROM 30N165W TO 20N174W MOVING E SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 20N159W TO 10N174W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM BETWEEN 08N AND 15N BOUNDED BY 145W AND 
159W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N163E TO 26N172E TO 30N177W. 
 SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE S OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 23N173E TO 
00N180W TO 00S140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 
26N160E.  SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N169W TO 24N179E.  
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF 176E AND N OF 18N W OF 176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N166E TO 
30N179E.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 
22N167E TO 30N179W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 16N W OF 173E AND N OF 
20N E OF 155W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 05N140W TO 06N157W...AND FROM 08N160E TO 06N170E TO 
10N179E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N OF THE ITCZ 
BETWEEN 147W AND 151W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.