Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:32:05 -0600

716 
ATHW40 PHFO 291831
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED DEC 29 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 29 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A CLOSED UPPER LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED AT 
16N169W. ON THE EASTERN FLANK OF THE UPPER LOW AN AREA OF LAYERED 
CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS COVERS AN AREA FROM 12N 
TO 19N AND 161W TO 167W. CUMULONIMBUS /CB/ CLOUD TOPS REACH TO 42 
KFT IN THE VERTICAL. DIRECTLY NORTH-NORTHEAST OF THE 
THUNDERSTORMS...A 300 TO 500 MILE WIDE BAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
MIDDLE AND HIGH CLOUDS ARE MOVING NORTHWARD DIRECTLY OVER THE 
ISLANDS TO 30N AND BEYOND. NORTH OF 27N...THE FRONT IS MORE ACTIVE 
AND HAS UPPER LEVEL SUPPORT FROM A LONGWAVE TROUGH FAR INTO THE 
NORTHEAST PACIFIC OCEAN. THE MORE ACTIVE PORTION OF THE FRONT IS 
PRODUCING A ISOLATED CB TOPS ALSO TO AROUND 45 KFT. THE NORTHWARD 
MOVEMENT IS DICTATED BY SOUTHERLY WINDS ALOFT EAST OF THE UPPER 
LEVEL LOW. THE UPPER LOW HAS A SURFACE TROUGH REFLECTION FROM 
29N159W TO 14N174W. THE CLOUDS CONTINUE TO BLOCK THE VIEW OF THE LOW 
CLOUD FIELD AROUND THE ISLANDS.

A COLD FRONT IS LOCATED FAR TO THE NORTHWEST ALONG A LINE THROUGH 
38N168W TO 30N172W TO 25N180E AND AWAY TO THE SOUTHWEST. THE 
FRONT...WHICH CONSISTS OF A 200 MILE WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST LOW 
CLOUDS. THE CLOUDS BECOME LAYERED NORTH OF 30N AND CONTAINING 
ISOLATED EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS.

HAWAII/S FUTURE WEATHER IS SEEN EAST OF 150W WHERE LOW CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING TO THE WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH. THE LEADING EDGE OF THE TRADE 
WINDS TAKES THE SHAPE OF A CURVED BAND OF BROKEN CLOUDS WITHIN 150 
MILES EAST OF A LINE FROM 23N151W TO 18N150W TO 13N147W TO 12N140W. 
THE CLOUD BAND IS CURRENTLY MOVING WESTWARD UNDERNEATH THE NUMEROUS 
CLOUDS COMING UP FROM THE SOUTH.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.