Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 15:45:08 -0600

111 
FZPN01 KWBC 292144
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED DEC 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 31. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N179W 966 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 52N165W 
TO 42N169W TO 30N174W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM N AND 
NW AND 300 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 
30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1020 NM S...900 NM N...600 NM W...AND 
300 NM E QUADRANTS AND 600 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N167W 977 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM N 
AND NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 62N149W 
DESCRIBED BELOW.

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 43N W OF 166E AREA OF SE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 17 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 43N W OF 172E AREA OF SW WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 41N167E 980 MB. 
WITHIN 660 NM SE AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 
26 TO 44 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 47N W OF 172W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 44N171W 980 MB. 
WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 
36 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 57N BETWEEN 151W AND 176E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 32N158W 1011 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 360 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N146W 1006 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N134W 991 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
36N TO 51N BETWEEN 126W AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 31N TO 50N E OF 133W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 43N E OF 129W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N E OF 124W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N156W 976 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 44N152W. WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT AND OVER WATERS NE OF A 
LINE FROM 59N148W TO 57N139W TO 53N134W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N149W 985 MB. OVER WATERS N OF 52N 
BETWEEN 134W AND 152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 44N W OF 170E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 56N W OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 59N142W 998 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 120 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N156W 
MENTIONED ABOVE IN WARNINGS. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER WATERS W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 54N179E TO 
64N166W AREA OF NE TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 151W AND 172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 56N BETWEEN 144W AND 
157W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 53N BETWEEN 154W AND 
170W. 

.HIGH 39N141W 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N134W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 30N173E 1015 MB MOVING NE 45 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N165W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N148W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 31.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 01N TO ITCZ BETWEEN 78W AND 84W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO ITCZ BETWEEN 78W AND 82W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS TO 8 FT. 

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 11.5N86W TO 09N87W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 11N88W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 29N BETWEEN 118W AND 132W W TO NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 29N111W TO 24N115W TO 21N127W TO 
26N140W. N OF FRONT E OF 122W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT EXCEPT 
TO 30 KT FAR NE. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NE. N OF 
FRONT TO 27N BETWEEN 122W AND 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 26N109W TO 22N110W 
TO 18N122W TO 20N138W. N OF 28N E OF 120W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 22N E OF 130W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 08N TO 15N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 06N TO 18N W OF 130W NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 19N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 
115W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 132W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 29N111W TO 24N115W. S OF FRONT TO 
26N S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. N OF FRONT W TO NW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 26N109W TO 
22N110W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED DEC 29...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM FROM LOW PRES 1007 
MB AT 05N78W TO 04N84W TO 07.5N120W TO 08N131W TO 06N140W. 
SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION NOTED 
WITHIN 150 NM S OF LOW AND AXIS E OF 84W. 

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.