Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 19:08:42 -0600

505 
FZPN40 PHFO 300108 AAA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...UPDATED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0108 UTC THU DEC 30 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 31 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT RAPIDLY APPROACHING NW CORNER OF AREA. SW WINDS 20 TO 35 
KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N171E TO 25N160E.
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 28N166E TO 23N160E. SW 
TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 28N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174E TO 28N174E TO 23N165E. SW TO W 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 25N178W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 35 
KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N169E TO 22N160E.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 28N176W TO 24N176E THENCE A STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 22N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 20 KT ALONG 30N AND SLOWING. 
SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM FRONT N OF 28N. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 27N177W TO 
24N176E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED IN ABOVE 
PARAGRAPH.

.DEVELOPING COLD FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 27N162W THENCE A TROUGH TO 
18N173W. FRONT MOVING NE 20 KT. TROUGH NEARLY STATIONARY. SW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 27N162W THENCE A TROUGH 
TO 24N170W TO 19N177W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 29N160W. 

.TROUGH FROM 16N165W TO 12N165W TO 08N167W MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 30N172E 1015 MB MOVING ENE 30 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 25N160E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N165W TO 25N173W TO 20N177E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N148W TO 24N156W TO 19N168W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM BETWEEN 18N AND 08N E OF 153W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N164E TO 25N169E TO 30N176W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 19N160E. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 17N174E TO 00N174E...EXCEPT 
SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 23N E OF 151W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 
25N160E. SEAS 12 TO 13 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 180W AND 170W. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N161W TO 17N180W TO 16N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N158W TO 10N180W TO 00N173E...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT 
OR LESS N OF 25N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 
20N165E TO 30N177W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 20N E OF 155W...AND S OF 
14N W OF 170E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT REST OF AREA.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 06N140W TO 05N160W...AND FROM 08N177E TO 05N169E TO 
05N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 169E.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.