Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:11:11 -0600

262 
FZPN01 KWBC 300410
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU DEC 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N177W 966 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N170W 
TO 55N161W TO 51N143W TO 50N133W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
420 NM NW AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N AND NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS...FROM 38N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 169W AND 172E AND WITHIN 540 NM E AND S OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N155W 972 MB. SE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
AND N OF 43N BETWEEN 165W AND 137W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 48N167W 
DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 37N W OF 168E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N W OF 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 15 
TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR NEW LOW 45N179E 968 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 840 NM SW 
AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 42 FT...HIGHEST SW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 
52N W OF 165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 15 TO 30 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 48N167W 974 MB. 
WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 420 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
16 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 540 
NM NW...780 NM NE AND 600 NM N QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 28 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 40N175W. ALSO WITHIN 840 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 24 TO 30 FT IN NW SWELL.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 35N154W 1009 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N144W 996 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 600 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N132W 995 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
36N TO 51N BETWEEN 124W AND 141W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 50N E OF 130W AREA OF NW WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 127W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 

.36 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 38N W OF 166E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 45N W OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 55N W OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N AND NW OF THE 
ALEUTIAN ISLANDS NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 48N167W ABOVE.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 151W AND 168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
56N153W TO 41N143W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 53N BETWEEN 152W AND 
168W. 

.HIGH 38N140W 1032 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N132W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 32N177E 1016 MB MOVING E 45 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N160W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N146W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 31.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT JAN 01.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 01N TO ITCZ BETWEEN 78W AND 84W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO ITCZ BETWEEN 78W AND 82W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 11.5N86W TO 09N87W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 11N88W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.COLD FRONT 30N116W TO 27N120W TO 29N140W. N OF FRONT E OF 130W 
NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT EXCEPT W TO NW WINDS E OF 120W. SEAS 
TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N111W TO 25N112W TO 
20N127W. N OF 25N E OF 126W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NE. ELSEWHERE N OF FRONT E OF 
135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATES. N OF LINE 22N111W TO 18N133W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.

.FROM 08N TO 15N BETWEEN 114W AND 125W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 19N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 07N W OF 125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 118W AND 128W NE WINDS 
TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 08N TO 15N W OF 128W NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 07N 
W OF 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 16N W OF 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N111W TO 25N112W. S OF FRONT TO 
27N S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. NW OF FRONT W TO 
NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATES S OF AREA. WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0200 UTC THU DEC 30...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS EXTENDS FROM LOW PRES 
1006 MB AT 06N78W TO 04N84W TO 05N93W TO 06N104W TO 07N113W TO 
06N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED. 

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.