Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:45:37 -0600

903 
FZPN40 PHFO 300445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU DEC 30 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 30 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 31 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 01 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT AT 30N160E MOVING E 35 KT. SW WINDS 30 TO 35 WITHIN 120 
NM OF FRONT. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 N ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N173E 
TO 25N160E.
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N171E TO 27N168E TO 21N160E. SW 
TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 27N175E TO 22N165E. SW TO W 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 26N167W TO 25N180W TO 
25N170E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT APPROACHING NW PORTION OF AREA. SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT N OF 27N W OF 163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 28N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 35 
KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 22N160E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 28N173W TO 23N177E THENCE A STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 22N167E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 25 KT ALONG 30N AND SLOWING. 
SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM 
OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT MOVED N OF AREA. WEAK STATIONARY FRONT 
FROM 30N175W TO 26N178E MERGING WITH FRONT DESCRIBED IN FIRST 
PARAGRAPH OF GALE SECTION ABOVE. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED IN FIRST 
PARAGRAPH OF GALE SECTION ABOVE.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 28N162W THENCE A TROUGH TO 19N173W. 
FRONT MOVING NE 15 KT. TROUGH NEARLY STATIONARY. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E 
OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 27N156W THENCE A TROUGH 
TO 27N168W TO 21N175W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 28N147W TO 30N154W. 

.TROUGH FROM 16N164W TO 07N170W MOVING W 10 KT. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF 
TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.WEAK HIGH 23N176W 1016 MB MOVING E 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N175E TO 27N170E TO 24N161E MOVING E 25 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N147W TO 25N155W TO 19N168W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 20N AND 08N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 29N160E TO 24N174E TO 30N173W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N168W TO 20N173E TO 
20N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N168W TO 00N173E... 
EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 23N E OF 151W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 
23N160E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS W OF A LINE FROM 19N160E TO 11N177E TO 
00N174E...AND E OF A LINE FROM 30N156W TO 17N140W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
REST OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 
20N171E TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 12N W OF 169E...AND N OF 
18N E OF 154W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 05N159W TO 05N160W...AND FROM 07N176E TO 
06N170E TO 05N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W 
OF 170E.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.