Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:07:23 -0600

795 
FZPN01 KWBC 301006
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU DEC 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N175W 970 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
600 NM NW AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 
28 FT. ELSEWHERE N AND NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS...FROM 38N TO 
52N BETWEEN 168W AND 178E AND N OF 40N E OF 163W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N153W 976 MB. SE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
AND N OF 50N E OF 165W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 54N163W 
DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 176E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N W OF 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N178W 978 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 720 NM 
SW AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 42 FT...HIGHEST SW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 
50N BETWEEN 160W AND 168E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 30 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 37N170E. ALSO WITHIN 1320 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 20 TO 34 FT IN W TO NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 54N163W 971 MB. 
BETWEEN 240 NM AND 720 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 
TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 720 NM 
SW...960 NM S...900 NM SE AND 600 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST S QUADRANT. ALSO WITHIN 1500 NM 
SW QUADRANT E OF 180W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 22 TO 30 FT IN 
MIXED SWELL.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 38N153W 1009 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N141W 990 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 38N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 132W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N138W 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N130W 1001 MB. FROM 35N TO 54N BETWEEN 
124W AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST W OF 
LOW CENTER.

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 129W AREA OF NW WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N E OF 127W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.30 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 38N W OF 166E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 17 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 45N W OF 179W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 55N W OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N AND NW OF THE 
ALEUTIAN ISLANDS NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 54N163W ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 149W AND 163W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM OF 56N147W AND FROM 
43N TO 48N BETWEEN 161W AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 55N BETWEEN 150W AND 
162W. 

.HIGH 36N138W 1032 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N131W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 32N180W 1015 MB MOVING NE 45 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N153W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N145W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 31.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT JAN 01.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.S OF 05N E OF 85W  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  S OF 05N E OF 85W  SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  
SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.COLD FRONT 29N115W TO 25N131W.  N OF FRONT  NW TO N WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT DISSIPATE.  N OF 27N E OF 121W   
NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 25N E OF 128W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 18N FROM 112W TO 134W  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 130W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  
ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 16N W OF 118W   WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 08N TO 13N W OF 125W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N  S TO SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N111W TO 28N114W.  E OF FRONT  
SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.  W OF FRONT  W TO NW WINDS 
20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT DISSIPATES. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU DEC 30...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 07N78W TO 04N100W TO 
08N116W TO 08N130W TO 07N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM 
N OF AXIS FROM 110W TO 121W.  

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.