Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:40:30 -0600

833 
FZPN40 PHFO 301040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU DEC 30 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 30 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 31 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 01 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 26N160E MOVING E 45 KT. WINDS 25 TO 35 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N W OF 169E.
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N171E TO 21N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 29N BETWEEN 174E AND 166E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 23N167E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 27N172W TO 28N180E. 

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT APPROACHING NW PORTION OF AREA. S TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 24N W OF 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 27N160E. WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 23N W OF 171E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 26N177W TO 24N170E. FRONT MOVING E 10 KT N OF 
26N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF AREA. 

.FRONT FROM 30N156W TO 28N160W TO 23N170W TO 17N176W. FRONT MOVING 
E 15 KT N OF 28N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 28N155W TO 28N163W TO 
20N178W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 28N145W TO 29N157W. 

.TROUGH FROM 16N165W TO 10N166W TO 06N172W MOVING W 10 KT. E WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 420 NM E OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 240 NM E...AND WITHIN 120 NM W...OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.WEAK HIGH JUST W OF AREA NEAR 23N158W 1012 MB NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
DISSIPATING. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 22N160E TO 21N169E TO 23N176W NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N176E TO 28N171E MOVING E 25 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 26N144W TO 23N165W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 19 FT IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 163E. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT IN 
AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 175W AND 173E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA S OF 
26N OF 154W...IN AREA BETWEEN 154W AND 170W...ELSEWHERE IN AREA N 
OF 20N W OF 178W...AND ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 170W AND 
178W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA S OF 12N BETWEEN 170W AND 176E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 24 FT IN AREA N OF 23N W OF 166E...AND 
IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 173E AND 166E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE IN 
AREA N OF 18N W OF 172E...AND ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 10N BETWEEN 
150W AND 170E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA S OF 10N E OF 175E. SEAS 8 TO 
9 FT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 20N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 21 FT IN AREA N OF 20N BETWEEN 180E AND 
176E...AND IN AREA N OF 24N BETWEEN 174W AND 180E. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT 
IN AREA N OF 18N W OF 176E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 
10N W OF 170E...AND ELSEWHERE IN AREA BETWEEN 150W AND 170E. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 05N TO 14N E OF 150W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF A POINT 26N148W.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 05N150W TO 06N160W...AND FROM 08N179E TO 
05N166E TO 05N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ W 
OF 167E.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.