Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:57:48 -0600

910 
FZPN01 KWBC 301557
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU DEC 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 01. 

.WARNINGS.  

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 41N163E 978 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 720 NM 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 48N W OF 177W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N173W 973 MB. FROM 34N TO 43N BETWEEN 
171W AND 175E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 32N TO 51N BETWEEN 156W AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 30 FT...HIGHEST SW QUADRANT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 55N161W 970 MB. 
BETWEEN 240 NM AND 720 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 
TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER ICE FREE WATERS WITHIN 900 NM SE...660 
NM SW...720 NM NW...AND 540 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 40N150W 1004 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N138W 989 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
36N TO 53N BETWEEN 128W AND 151W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N129W 1005 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 52N172W 973 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM S 
AND 780 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N168W 979 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 55N161W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 56N160W 980 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 840 NM SE AND 660 NM 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N151W 981 MB. OVER WATERS N OF 52N 
BETWEEN 134W AND 157W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND WITH ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 42N E OF 129W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 117W AND 125W AREA OF 
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N W OF 167E AREA OF SW WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N165E 974 MB. OVER WATERS S OF A LINE 
FROM 42N178W TO 36N160E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 47N W OF 170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 24 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 56N 
W OF 162W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE WATERS W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 
52N178E TO 60N176W TO 65N166W AREA OF NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 55N161W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 32N158W 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 158W AND 
174W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 48N TO 57N BETWEEN 148W AND 
160W. 

.HIGH 35N137W 1028 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N131W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 32N170W 1018 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N152W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N145W 1025 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N164W 1019 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 31.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT JAN 01.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.S OF 04N E OF 84W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...N TO 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 27N114W TO 23N123W. N OF 26N E OF 
127W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 27N E OF 124W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 22N BETWEEN 113W AND 124W...AND NE OF LINE FROM 22N124W TO 
30N136W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 17N BETWEEN 113W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 08N TO 19N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 
08N TO 15N BETWEEN 113W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 08N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 15N W OF 131W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 13N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU DEC 30...
.LOW PRES 06N79W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 77W 
AND 82W.

.TROUGH FROM 11N116W TO 07N119W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH.

.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 12N TO 15N BETWEEN 104W AND 109W. 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N82W TO 08N119W TO 
08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 07N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 110W AND 117W...AND BETWEEN 120W AND 123W.  

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.