Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:40:33 -0600

627 
FZPN40 PHFO 301640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU DEC 30 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 30 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 31 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 01 2010.

.WARNINGS.
 
...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT APPROACHING NW PORTION OF AREA. S 
TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N W OF 164E.
.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 27N160E. S TO SW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 23N W OF 168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 26N160E. S TO SW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 23N W OF 172E. S TO SW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 177E AND 172E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 22N160E MOVING E 35 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 
WITHIN 150 NM OF FRONT N OF 26N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 270 
NM SE OF FRONT N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 27N178W TO 
24N172E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 27N174W. 

.FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 28N169W TO 25N174E. FRONT MOVING E SLOWLY N 
OF 28N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 21N177W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 24N166W.

.FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 28N160W TO 24N169W TO 18N175W. FRONT MOVING E 
SLOWLY N OF 28N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 27N160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N143W TO 27N148W TO 30N154W. 

.TROUGH FROM 16N164W TO 10N166W TO 06N172W NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 420 NM OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM E...AND WITHIN 120 NM W...OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 30N141W TO 28N146W TO 23N164W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WEAK RIDGE FROM 20N160E TO 23N177W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 23 FT IN AREA N OF 27N W OF 165E. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT IN 
AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 173W AND 177E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE IN 
AREA N OF 19N W OF 170W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA S OF 24N E OF 
153W...IN AREA BETWEEN 153W AND 170W...AND IN AREA S OF 10N BETWEEN 
170W AND 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 23 FT IN AREA N OF 22N W OF 169E...AND 
IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 177E AND 169E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE IN 
AREA N OF 16N W OF 173E...AND ELSEWHERE IN AREA BETWEEN 180W AND 
173E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 152W AND 180W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN AREA S OF 19N E OF 152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 21 FT IN AREA N OF 21N BETWEEN 171W AND 
180E...AND IN AREA N OF 25N W OF 169E. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF 
17N BETWEEN 180E AND 169E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA W OF 
150W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 05N TO 14N E OF 150W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 06N150W TO 07N161W...AND FROM 09N179E TO 
05N166E TO 05N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM 
N OF ITCZ W OF 158W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ W 
OF 167E.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.