Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:42:18 -0600

262 
FZPN01 KWBC 302142
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU DEC 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 43N172E 977 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
BETWEEN 240 NM AND 660 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 
22 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 48N W OF 172W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N172W 973 MB. FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 
169W AND 178E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 33N TO 53N BETWEEN 153W AND 176E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 30 FT...HIGHEST SW QUADRANT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N161W 965 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 720 NM 
S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
ICE FREE WATERS WITHIN 600 NM OF LOW CENTER EXCEPT TO 900 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N147W 1000 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N140W 990 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 50N138W 994 MB. 
WITHIN 300 NM SW OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 42N134W WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 54N BETWEEN 
127W AND 146W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N128W 1009 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N W OF 173E AREA OF SW WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ALSO FROM 38N TO 43N W OF 165E AREA 
OF E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N167E 970 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 420 NM 
S OF A LINE FROM 43N174W TO 39N160E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 
TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 49N W OF 166W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N169W 977 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 900 NM S AND 780 NM 
N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 53N TO 57N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N161W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N156W 982 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 780 NM SE AND 600 NM 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N150W 985 MB. OVER WATERS N OF 55N 
BETWEEN 135W AND 152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND WITH ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 128W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 117W AND 122W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.  

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 57N 
W OF 164W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE WATERS W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 
53N178E TO 60N176W TO 65N166W AREA OF NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 57N161W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N157W 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N132W 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 58N 
BETWEEN 144W AND 158W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 52N BETWEEN 154W AND 
173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 51N TO 57N BETWEEN 148W AND 
157W AND FROM 40N TO 43N BETWEEN 171W AND 179E. 

.HIGH 34N134W 1026 MB MOVING S 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N134W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 34N166W 1020 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N149W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N145W 1027 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N159W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 31.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT JAN 01.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.S OF 04N E OF 84W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N110W TO 23N116W. N OF 26N E OF 
127W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 27N E OF 124W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 22N BETWEEN 113W AND 124W...AND NE OF LINE FROM 22N124W TO 
30N136W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 112W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 08N TO 19N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 
08N TO 15N BETWEEN 113W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 08N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 15N W OF 131W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 13N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC THU DEC 30...
.LOW PRES 06N78W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 78W 
AND 82W.

.TROUGH FROM 12N116W TO 06N120W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 110W AND 122W. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 12N TO 15N BETWEEN 103W AND 108W. 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N78W TO 05N90W TO 
09N117W 08N130W 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 07N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 107W AND 107W.  

$$
.FORECASTER FORMOSA . TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.