Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:45:11 -0600

331 
FZPN40 PHFO 302245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU DEC 30 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 30 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 31 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 01 2010.

.WARNINGS.
 
...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT APPROACHING NW PORTION OF AREA. S 
TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N W OF 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 25N160E. WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 25N160E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N174E TO 21N160E MOVING E 35 KT. FRONT BECOMING 
NEARLY STATIONARY S OF 22N. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 
30N177E TO 26N174E TO 30N166E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 
NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 26N180W TO 
26N175E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 27N162W TO 24N170W...THENCE A TROUGH TO 
20N175W TO 17N176W. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT N OF 28N...AND NEARLY 
STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. TROUGH MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT E OF 167W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 27N153W TO 30N158W TO 
27N167W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 27N142W TO 30N156W TO 25N160W. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT W OF 151W. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 26N154W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 25N160E TO 24N164E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WEAK RIDGE FROM 20N167E TO 30N170W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 26N160E. SEAS 12 TO 14 
FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 167W AND 177W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 30N164W TO 20N178W TO 17N174E 25N167E TO 24N160E. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT E OF 164W BETWEEN 05N AND 21N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 24 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N179E TO 
27N174E TO 30N168E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 30N177W TO 
22N168E TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
06N155W TO 10N172W TO 08N175E TO 15N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 27 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N164E TO 
27N160E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N165W TO 17N177E TO 
28N175E TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N150W TO 09N154W TO 08N175E TO 24N166E TO 23N160E.    

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 06N160W TO 08N180W TO 06N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 156W AND 168W...AND 
WITHIN 90 NM ELSEWHERE.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.