Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 22:08:06 -0600

654 
FZPN01 KWBC 310407
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI DEC 31 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 31. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N177E 977 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM 
SE AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. 
SEAS 20 TO 42 FT...HIGHEST SW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 
50N BETWEEN 164E AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 32 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 33N163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N167W 971 MB. FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 
154W AND 175W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 19 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 35N TO 59N BETWEEN 150W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 30 FT...HIGHEST SW OF LOW CENTER.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N166W 962 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 57N156W TO 47N140W. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM OF LOW CENTER...WITHIN 420 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE 
FRONT N OF 50N AND WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE FRONT S OF 
50N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST ALONG FRONT S 
OF 50N.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N146W 990 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. S OF 50N WITHIN 780 NM 
W...600 NM SW AND SE AND 240 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N141W 989 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 52N138W 1000 MB. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 40N144W TO 34N124W BETWEEN 
124W AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N126W 1012 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 36N W OF 168E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 38N180W TO 45N160E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 42N164E 971 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 41N174E 975 MB. WITHIN 660 NM SW QUADRANT 
FIRST LOW AND 420 NM SE QUADRANT SECOND LOW WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 42N167E 968 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 45N172W 970 MB. WITHIN 780 NM S QUADRANT AND 
300 NM N SEMICIRCLE FIRST LOW AND WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT 
SECOND LOW WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 43 FT...HIGHEST SW 
QUADRANT OF FIRST LOW. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 50N W OF 160W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 25 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 45N161W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N169W 982 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
720 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 50N167W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N156W 981 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. SE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
N OF 50N BETWEEN 142W AND 172W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 50N167W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 39N E OF 124W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 57N 
W OF 164W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 59N W OF 
169W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N157W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 56N153W TO 39N143W AND WITHIN 120 NM OF 45N174W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 55N BETWEEN 151W AND 
168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 53N TO 57N BETWEEN 148W AND 
152W AND WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 46N168W TO 36N180W. 

.HIGH 34N133W 1024 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 33N160W 1022 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N148W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N142W 1025 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N175W 1014 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N152W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 31.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT JAN 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN JAN 02.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.S OF 04N E OF 84W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N108W TO 23N113W. N OF 26N E OF 
127W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 27N E OF 124W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 
20N BETWEEN 113W AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 112W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 08N TO 15N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.  
ELSEWHERE S OF 08N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 15N W OF 131W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 15N TO 20N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC FRI DEC 31...
.LOW PRES 07N79W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 78W 
AND 82W.

.TROUGH FROM 12N116W TO 06N120W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 112W AND 123W. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 12N TO 15N BETWEEN 103W AND 108W. 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N78W TO 05N90W TO 
09N117W 08N130W 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 07N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 108W AND 112W.  

$$
.FORECASTER FORMOSA . TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.