Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 22:45:07 -0600

947 
FZPN40 PHFO 310445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI DEC 31 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 31 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 01 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 02 2010.

.WARNINGS.
 
...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N161E TO 28N160E. S 
TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N169E TO 23N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 23N160E. WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT IN AREA NW OF COLD FRONT...AND WITHIN 180 NM SE OF FRONT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 23N168E TO 21N162E MOVING E 35 KT. FRONT 
BECOMING NEARLY STATIONARY S OF 23N. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM 
E OF FRONT N OF 25N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 360 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 26N180W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 28N154W TO 27N165W...THENCE A TROUGH TO 
23N174W TO 18N177W. FRONT MOVING E 25 KT N OF 28N...AND NEARLY 
STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. TROUGH MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF FRONT AND TROUGH E OF 167W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 27N144W TO 30N158W TO 
26N169W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 29N157W 1011 MB. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 
24N161W...AND FROM LOW TO 27N146W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM 
NW SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. 

.NEW HIGH 26N165E 1014 MB. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 25N169E AND FROM HIGH 
TO 26N160E. RIDGES MOVING NE 25 KT. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 26N151W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WEAK RIDGE FROM 21N171E TO 30N168W MOVING E SLOWLY AND WEAKENING.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 24N160E. SEAS 12 TO 14 
FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 165W AND 174W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 30N163W TO 20N175W TO 17N176E TO 27N174E TO 22N160E. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT E OF 166W BETWEEN 06N AND 21N...ALSO S OF 10N BETWEEN 
172W AND 178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 24 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 
26N176E TO 30N171E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 30N174W TO 
22N169E TO 25N164E TO 24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 06N154W TO 10N177W TO 00N179E TO 00N175E TO 14N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 32 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N166E TO 
25N160E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N161W TO 16N178E TO 
29N176E TO 23N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
09N151W TO 08N175W TO 10N170E TO 25N169E TO 22N160E.    

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 06N160W TO 06N180W TO 06N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 150W AND 168W...AND 
WITHIN 90 NM ELSEWHERE.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.