Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 03:54:30 -0600

562 
FZPN01 KWBC 310954
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI DEC 31 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 31. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N179W 979W MB MOVING NE 35 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 600 NM 
SE AND BETWEEN 300 NM AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. 
SEAS 18 TO 38 FT...HIGHEST SW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 
50N BETWEEN 167E AND 161W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 35 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 34N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N165W 979 MB. FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 
150W AND 170W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 37N TO 60N BETWEEN 147W AND 175W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 30 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 39N172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 62N169W 963 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 58N154W 986 MB. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS 
NW AND N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS AND WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT 
SECOND LOW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N145W 986 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 53N WITHIN 
540 NM W AND SW...780 NM SE AND 420 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N133W 1000 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 240 AND 420 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST IN SW 
SEMICIRCLE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N126W 1014 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.06 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 36N W OF 167E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF A LINE FROM 30N179E TO 40N174W TO 47N160E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 42N167E 971 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 43N180W 972 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SW QUADRANT 
FIRST LOW AND 540 NM SE QUADRANT SECOND LOW WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 16 TO 35 FT....HIGHEST IN SW QUADRANT OF FIRST LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 43N167E 969 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 48N168W 972 MB. BETWEEN 240 AND 720 NM S 
QUADRANT AND WITHIN 300 NM NW SEMICIRCLE FIRST LOW AND WITHIN 
540 NM SE AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS SECOND LOW WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 20 TO 44 FT...HIGHEST IN S QUADRANT OF FIRST LOW. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 52N W OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 42N153W TO 52N153W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 28 FT...HIGHEST S OF FIRST LOW AND 
NEAR 47N156W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N155W 979 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. SE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
N OF 50N BETWEEN 137W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 55N165W ABOVE. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 57N 
W OF 164W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 59 W OF 
168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 60N W OF 
170W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 54N171W 980 MB MOVING E 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
720 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
55N165W ABOVE. 

.FROM 30N TO 38N E OF 123W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA 28N160W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N 
QUADRANT E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT WITH MIXED E AND 
NW SWELL. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM E AND 
NE OF A LINE FROM 57N152W TO 39N138W AND FROM 43N TO 48N BETWEEN 
164W AND 176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 55N BETWEEN 150W AND 
165W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM 
SE OF A LINE FROM 49N162W TO 33N175E. 

.HIGH 31N133W 1024 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 34N155W 1025 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N145W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N143W 1029 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N171W 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N149W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 31.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT JAN 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN JAN 02.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 27N E OF 126W TO COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 133W AND N OF 24N E OF 125W TO BAJA CALIFORNIA 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 11N BETWEEN 115W AND 133W AND FROM 20N TO 
25N BETWEEN 113W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS MERGED WITH AREA DESCRIBED IN NEXT 
SECTION.

.FROM 07N TO 14N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL. FROM 14N TO 22N W OF 137W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 22N W OF 137W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 15N TO 23N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. FROM 13N TO 19N BETWEEN 115W AND 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 22N 
BETWEEN 113W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.42 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 29N NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 29N NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0700 UTC FRI DEC 31...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 1007 MB LOW PRES 
NEAR 08N79W TO 06N99W TO 09N110W TO 08N122W TO 07N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 103W AND 111W 
AND WITHIN 360 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 108W AND 113W.

$$
.FORECASTER SCHAUER. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.