Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 04:42:53 -0600

463 
FZPN40 PHFO 311042
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI DEC 31 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 31 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 01 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 02 2010.

.WARNINGS.
 
...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF FORECAST AREA.  
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N W OF 163E.  
.18 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 28N169E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 27N160E.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 29N173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 23N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 27N180W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 24N173E THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT TO 
22N164E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 30 KT.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM E 
OF THE COLD FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N166W TO 28N174W...STALLING AND DRIFTING 
N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST WATERS.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 28N152W THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT TO 
28N165W CONTINUING AS A TROUGH TO 25N173W TO 19N178W.  COLD FRONT 
MOVING E 20 KT WILL STALL AFTER 12 HOURS.  TROUGH NEARLY STATIONARY 
AND WEAKENING.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N158W 
30N144W 22N167W 30N158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N143W TO 28N144W TO 29N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 25N165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N160W 1014MB.

.HIGH 27N167E 1014MB MOVING ENE 45 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.WEAK RIDGE FROM 27N172W TO 23N180W TO 24N173E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 24 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N165E TO 26N170E TO 30N177E. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 22N167E TO 
30N178W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 15N W OF 172E AND N OF 22N E OF 
154W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N180E TO 
30N169W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 
26N167E TO 17N176E TO 30N166W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 10N W OF 
172E AND N OF 14N E OF 150W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REMAINDER OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 27 TO 30 FT N OF 28N W OF 168E.  SEAS 18 TO 
27 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 30N175E.  SEAS 12 TO 18 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 30N180W...AND N OF A LINE 
FROM 13N177W TO 13N170W TO 30N154W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
A LINE FROM 16N160E TO 03N180E TO 07N150W TO 17N140W.  SEAS 8 FT OR 
LESS REST OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 06N173W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM 
OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 155W AND 159W.  ISOLATED TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM N OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 153W AND 166W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.