Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 06:07:30 -0600

283 
ATHW40 PHFO 311207
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI DEC 31 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 31 2010

TO THE NORTHWEST...A SLOWLY DISSIPATING CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A 
WEAKENING FRONT EXTENDED ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS WITHIN 180 MILES OF 
THE CURVE FROM 24N 180 TO 30N 170W AND FURTHER SOUTHWEST AND 
NORTHEAST. HIGH AND LOW LAYERS OF THIS FEATURE MOVED AT DIFFERENT 
RATES...BUT THE BAND AS A WHOLE DRIFTED SOUTHEAST SLOWLY.

TO THE SOUTH...THERE WAS LITTLE THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY TO MARK AN 
ITCZ. LAYERED LOW TO MIDDLE DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM EARLIER CONVECTION 
MOSTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES BETWEEN 11N AND THE EQUATOR. 
HOWEVER...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH A TROUGH OF LOW 
PRESSURE DEVELOPED WITHIN 90 MILES OF THE POINT 08N 157W...AND THEIR 
LAYERED DEBRIS CLOUDS PARTLY TO MOSTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES 
WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE LINE FROM 06N 170W TO 13N 162W...AND WITHIN 
THE AREA BOUNDED BY THE CURVE FROM 12N 156W TO 09N 151W TO 06N 148W 
TO 05N 162W TO 07N 162W.

MIDDLE TO HIGH CLOUD LAYERS FORMING IN ASSOCIATION WITH A WEAK 
TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE IN THE MIDDLE ATMOSPHERE OBSCURED LOWER 
FEATURES WITHIN 200 MILES OF THE LINE FROM 22N 164W TO 30N 150W AND 
FURTHER NORTHEAST.

LOWER IN THE ATMOSPHERE...A LAYER OF MARINE STRATUS MOVING IN FROM 
THE NORTHEAST BROKE UP INTO FRAGMENTS AND BANDS OF MARINE CUMULUS 
AND STRATOCUMULUS IN THE CORNER NORTHEAST OF THE CURVE FROM 30N 165W 
TO 14N 156W TO 12N 140W. THESE CLOUDS GENERALLY MOVED TOWARD THE 
WEST SOUTHWEST AT 15 TO 20 MILES AN HOUR...AND ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 
6000 TO 9000 FEET...THOUGH A FEW TOWERING CUMULI ALONG THE SOUTHWEST 
EDGE OF THIS AREA APPROACHED 22000 FEET.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...HIGH TO MIDDLE CLOUD LAYERS 
OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES MOSTLY OVER KAUAI COUNTY...AND PARTLY OVER 
OAHU. WHERE THEY WERE VISIBLE...LOWER CLOUDS CONSISTED MAINLY OF 
MARINE STRATOCUMULI AND CUMULI MOVING ASHORE ALONG SLOPES FACING 
NORTHEAST. LAYERED DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM AFTERNOON CUMULUS BUILDUPS ON 
THURSDAY HAD DISSIPATED FOR THE MOST PART. THESE LOWER CLOUDS 
GENERALLY ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 6000 TO 7000 FEET. RADAR DATA FROM NEAR 
THE ISLANDS SHOWED SCATTERED SHOWERS OFFSHORE AROUND MAUI COUNTY AND 
OAHU...BUT ISOLATED SHOWERS AT MOST ELSEWHERE.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.