Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:42:14 -0600

873 
FZPN01 KWBC 311542
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI DEC 31 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 31. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N177W 972 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 600 NM 
SE AND BETWEEN 300 NM AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. 
SEAS 23 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 50N BETWEEN 172E AND 
158W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N165W 967 MB. FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 
148W AND 170W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 38N TO 63N BETWEEN 147W AND 173W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 63N173W 958 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 58N153W 992 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF CENTER OF 
FIRST LOW AND WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT OF SECOND LOW WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N142W 984 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM W 
AND SW...780 NM SE AND 420 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N133W 1001 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 240 AND 420 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N126W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.FROM 30N TO 36N W OF 166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N161E 970 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 47N W 
OF 173W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 43N170E 961 MB
AND SECOND CENTER 49N168W 970 MB. BETWEEN 240 AND 720 NM S 
QUADRANT AND WITHIN 300 NM NW SEMICIRCLE OF FIRST LOW...AND 
WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS OF SECOND LOW WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 27 TO 45 FT...HIGHEST IN S QUADRANT OF FIRST LOW. 
ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 54N157W TO 47N150W TO 30N177W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 27 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 57N 
W OF 164W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 59N W OF 
168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 60N W OF 
170W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 59N152W 982 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND DISSIPATED.

.LOW 55N169W 980 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 720 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 124W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W AREA OF 
E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM E AND 
NE OF A LINE FROM 57N152W TO 39N138W...AND FROM 43N TO 48N
BETWEEN 164W AND 176W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 55N BETWEEN 150W AND 
165W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM 
SE OF A LINE FROM 49N162W TO 33N175E.

.HIGH 31N132W 1022 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 36N152W 1024 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N142W 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N144W 1027 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N166W 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N164W 1020 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 31.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT JAN 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN JAN 02.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...N TO 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 27N E OF 124W TO THE COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 
22N BETWEEN 113W AND 124W AND N OF 26N BETWEEN 124W AND 135W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 17N BETWEEN 115W AND 130W AND FROM 19N TO 
26N BETWEEN 130W AND 134W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS MERGED WITH AREA DESCRIBED IN NEXT 
SECTION.

.FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 14N W OF 136W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 22N BETWEEN 115W AND 130W AND FROM 
15N TO 23N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 118W 
AND 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 24N TO 30N NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC FRI DEC 31...
.TROUGH FROM 07N120W TO 12N116W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 08N TO 
11N BETWEEN 115W AND 121W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 1008 MB LOW PRES 
NEAR 07N79W TO 06N94W TO 09N118W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 98W AND 105W AND WITHIN 180 NM N 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W AND 106W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.