

id AA11319; Sun, 4 Aug 96 22:45:38 -0600
Received: from uxmail.ust.hk by ncar.ucar.EDU (NCAR Local/ NCAR Central Post Office 03/11/93)
id WAA16102; Sun, 4 Aug 1996 22:45:29 -0600 (MDT)
Received: from hkusua.hku.hk ([147.8.2.2]) by uxmail.ust.hk with SMTP id <18948-12557>; Mon, 5 Aug 1996 12:44:43 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK by hkusua.hku.hk (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4)
id MAA22599; Mon, 5 Aug 1996 12:42:25 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK (HKUJNT) by hkujnt.hku.HK (PMDF V4.3-7 #8143)
id <[email-masked]>; Mon, 5 Aug 1996 12:43:23 +0700
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 2443578 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 4 Aug 1996 23:44:30 +1900
Received: from ux2.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.3])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.6.12/8.6.12) with SMTP id XAA35714 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 4 Aug 1996 23:44:30 -0500
Received: by ux2.cso.uiuc.edu id AA79043
(5.67a/IDA-1.5 for [email-masked]); Sun, 4 Aug 1996 23:44:29 -0500
Date: 	Sun, 04 Aug 1996 23:44:29 -0500
From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NW: Formation Alert -042344 (AUTOMATIC)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
Apparently-To: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
X-Envelope-To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
Status: OR

ZCZC DD+ 60864
WTPN23 PGTW 050430
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 050425Z AUG 96//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
130 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 17.7N5 113.9E4 TO 26.1N9
113.7E2 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
METSAT IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA AT 050230Z INDICATE THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 18.0N9 114.3E9.  THE SYSTEM IS
MOVING NORTHWARD AT 11 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS: A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE HAS FORMED IN THE SOUTH CHINA
SEA. SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE THE PRESENCE OF
A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS AREA OF DEEP AND
PERSISTENT CONVECTION. THIS SYSTEM HAS BECOME MORE ORGANIZED
OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 060430Z3.
//

BT
#7866

NNNN