

id QAA06823; Wed, 6 Nov 1996 16:53:06 GMT
Received: from uxmail.ust.hk by ncar.ucar.EDU (NCAR Local/ NCAR Central Post Office 03/11/93)
id JAA01066; Wed, 6 Nov 1996 09:52:57 -0700 (MST)
Received: from hkusua.hku.hk ([147.8.2.2]) by uxmail.ust.hk with SMTP id <102474-10565>; Thu, 7 Nov 1996 00:51:43 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK by hkusua.hku.hk (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4)
id AAA11155; Thu, 7 Nov 1996 00:53:50 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK (HKUJNT) by hkujnt.hku.HK (PMDF V4.3-7 #8143)
id <[email-masked]>; Thu, 7 Nov 1996 00:49:23 +0700
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 3535336 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 6 Nov 1996 00:57:14 +1800
Received: from ux2.cso.uiuc.edu (ux2.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.3])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.6.12/8.6.12) with SMTP id AAA95190 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 6 Nov 1996 00:57:13 -0600
Received: by ux2.cso.uiuc.edu id AA83293
(5.67a/IDA-1.5 for [email-masked]); Wed, 6 Nov 1996 00:57:13 -0600
Date: 	Wed, 06 Nov 1996 00:57:13 -0600
From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Weather Summery -060057 (AUTOMATIC)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
Apparently-to: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Envelope-to: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
Status: O

ZCZC DD+ 47962
ABPW10 PGTW 060600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
WESTERN PACIFIC OCEAN/060600Z/070600Z NOV96//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/060157ZNOV96//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/060155ZNOV96//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/050551ZNOV96//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1)  AT 060000Z6, TROPICAL DEPRESSION 37W WAS LOCATED AT
9.4N3 124.9E6, MOVING WEST AT 13 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 30
KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL
DEPRESSION (37W) WARNING NR 07 (WTPN32 060300)) AND SIX-
HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER UPDATES.
(2)  AT 060000Z6 TROPICAL STORM DALE (36W) WAS LOCATED AT
11.1N3 151.9E6, MOVING WEST AT 05
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS
WITH GUSTS TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF B (TROPICAL STORM DALE
(36W) WARNING NR 08 (WTPN31 PGTW 060300)) AND SIX-HOURLY
UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE SURFACE CIRCULATION CENTER AND AREA OF CONVECTION
PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 23N5 174E2 IS NOW NEAR 24N6 172E0. THIS
AREA IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (SEE
REF C (TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTPN23 PGTW 050600)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS). THIS AREA STILL HAS A WELL-DEFINED
CIRCULATION CENTER, ALTHOUGH CONVECTION REMAINS WELL TO THE
NORTHEAST OF THE CIRCULATION CENTER.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 996 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2.  WESTERN SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (180 WEST TO 135E):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: KALAFSKY/EDSON/HAM/UROGI//

NNNN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.