

id AA08004; Wed, 31 Jul 96 09:29:35 -0600
Received: from uxmail.ust.hk by ncar.ucar.EDU (NCAR Local/ NCAR Central Post Office 03/11/93)
id JAA20972; Wed, 31 Jul 1996 09:29:24 -0600 (MDT)
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK ([147.8.1.9]) by uxmail.ust.hk with ESMTP id <19024-16881>; Wed, 31 Jul 1996 23:28:37 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK (HKUJNT) by hkujnt.hku.HK (PMDF V4.3-7 #8143)
id <[email-masked]>; Wed, 31 Jul 1996 19:08:39 +0700
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 2385397 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 31 Jul 1996 02:38:32 -0500
Received: from ux2.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.3])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.6.12/8.6.12) with SMTP id CAA123778 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 31 Jul 1996 02:38:31 -0500
Received: by ux2.cso.uiuc.edu id AA53547
(5.67a/IDA-1.5 for [email-masked]); Wed, 31 Jul 1996 02:38:31 -0500
Date: 	Wed, 31 Jul 1996 02:38:31 -0500
From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Weather Summery -310238 (AUTOMATIC)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
Apparently-To: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
X-Envelope-To: [email-masked]
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
Status: OR

ZCZC DD+ 82216
ABPW10 PGTW 310600 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
PACIFIC OCEAN/310600Z JUL 96/010600Z AUG 96//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/310155Z JUL 96//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/301951Z JUL 96//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/310153Z JUL 96//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1)  AT 310000Z4 SUPERTYPHOON HERB (10W) WAS LOCATED AT
24.0N6 124.8E5, MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT 15 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 140 KNOTS WITH  GUSTS TO 170
KNOTS. SEE REF A (SUPERTYPHOON HERB (10W) WARNING NR 32 (WTPN34
PGTW 310300)) AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 310600Z0 TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11W (IAN) WAS LOCATED AT
27.3N2 137.9E0, MOVING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 14 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 35 KNOTS.
SEE REF B (TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11W (IAN) WARNING NR 09 (WTPN31 PGTW
302100)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) AT 310000Z4 TROPICAL STORM JOY (12W) WAS LOCATED AT
26.9N7 153.1E0, MOVING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 03 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS.
SEE REF C (TROPICAL STORM JOY (12W) WARNING NR 08 (WTPN32 PGTW
310300) AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(4)  NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9N9
152E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 5N5 150E6. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE THE PRESENCE OF A LOW-LEVEL
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED  WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10
TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL  PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR  SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(2)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7N7
172E0 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
(3)  NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2.  WESTERN SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (180 WEST TO 135E):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: KALAFSKY/EDSON/DEOCARIZA/CROSS/BOYD//

NNNN