

id AA00761; Tue, 6 Aug 96 03:58:27 -0600
Received: from uxmail.ust.hk by ncar.ucar.EDU (NCAR Local/ NCAR Central Post Office 03/11/93)
id DAA06315; Tue, 6 Aug 1996 03:14:13 -0600 (MDT)
Received: from hkusua.hku.hk ([147.8.2.2]) by uxmail.ust.hk with SMTP id <19067-29964>; Tue, 6 Aug 1996 17:13:24 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK by hkusua.hku.hk (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4)
id RAA26717; Tue, 6 Aug 1996 17:11:09 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK (HKUJNT) by hkujnt.hku.HK (PMDF V4.3-7 #8143)
id <[email-masked]>; Tue, 6 Aug 1996 17:12:06 +0700
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 2454985 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 6 Aug 1996 04:13:23 +1900
Received: from ux2.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.3])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.6.12/8.6.12) with SMTP id EAA132170 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 6 Aug 1996 04:12:36 -0500
Received: by ux2.cso.uiuc.edu id AA59899
(5.67a/IDA-1.5 for [email-masked]); Tue, 6 Aug 1996 04:12:35 -0500
Date: 	Tue, 06 Aug 1996 04:12:35 -0500
From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Weather Summery -060412 (AUTOMATIC)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
Apparently-To: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
X-Envelope-To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
Status: OR

ZCZC DD+ 59640
ABPW10 PGTW 060600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
PACIFIC OCEAN/060600Z/070600Z AUG 96//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/050753Z AUG 96//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/060151Z AUG 96//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/060155Z AUG 96//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 050600Z1 TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12W (JOY) WAS LOCATED AT
34.9N6 154.3E3, MOVING NORTHWARD AT 04 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 40
KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12W (JOY) WARNING NR 28
(WTPN32 PGTW 050900)) FOR THE FINAL WARNING.
(2) AT 060000Z6 TROPICAL STORM KIRK (13W) WAS LOCATED AT
27.5N4 131.3E8, EASTWARD AT 02 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B
(TROPICAL STORM KIRK (13W) WARNING NR 10 RELOCATED (WTPN31
PGTW 060300)) AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) AT 060000Z6 TROPICAL STORM LISA (14W) WAS LOCATED AT
19.7N7 114.8E4, MOVING NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT 08 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF C (TROPICAL STORM LISA (14W)
WARNING NR 04 RELOCATED (WTPN33 PGTW 060300)) AND SIX-
HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3)  NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1)  A LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION IS LOCATED NEAR 25N7
155E1. VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA FROM
MINAMITORISHIMA (WMO ID 47991) INDICATE THE PRESENCE OF A LOW-
LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATES THAT A
TROPICAL UPPER TROPOSPHERIC TROUGH (TUTT) CELL IS LOCATED TO THE
WEST OF THE DISTURBANCE AND IS ENHANCING UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENCE
OVER IT. CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY IS MINIMAL AND ORGANIZATION IS POOR.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS POOR.
(2)  A LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION IS LOCATED
NEAR 33N6 172E0.  SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE THE
PRESENCE OF A LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION.  THIS DISTURBANCE IS
ASSOCIATED WITH A TUTT CELL, WHICH HAS DEVELOPED TOWARDS THE
SURFACE. THE DEEPEST CONVECTION IS LOCATED TO THE SOUTH OF THE
CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1010 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(3)  AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 10N1 172E0.
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE THE PRESENCE OF A
LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION NEAR 11N2 168E5. THE DISTURBANCE IS
LOCATED BENEATH DIVERGENT UPPER LEVEL EASTERLY FLOW. OVERALL
CONVECTIVE ORGANIZATION IS POOR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2.  WESTERN SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (180 WEST TO 135E):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: CARLE/EBARLE/HONG/REZA//

NNNN