

id AA09307; Thu, 8 Aug 96 00:53:08 -0600
Received: from uxmail by ncar.ucar.EDU (NCAR Local/ NCAR Central Post Office 03/11/93)
id AAA16733; Thu, 8 Aug 1996 00:53:01 -0600 (MDT)
Received: from hkusua.hku.hk ([147.8.2.2]) by uxmail.ust.hk with SMTP id <102200-17354>; Thu, 8 Aug 1996 14:51:58 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK by hkusua.hku.hk (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4)
id OAA29308; Thu, 8 Aug 1996 14:49:51 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK (HKUJNT) by hkujnt.hku.HK (PMDF V4.3-7 #8143)
id <[email-masked]>; Thu, 8 Aug 1996 14:50:47 +0700
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 2474243 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 8 Aug 1996 01:51:41 +1900
Received: from ux2.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.3])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.6.12/8.6.12) with SMTP id BAA91098 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 8 Aug 1996 01:51:41 -0500
Received: by ux2.cso.uiuc.edu id AA59223
(5.67a/IDA-1.5 for [email-masked]); Thu, 8 Aug 1996 01:51:40 -0500
Date: 	Thu, 08 Aug 1996 01:51:40 -0500
From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Weather Summery -080151 (AUTOMATIC)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
Apparently-To: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
X-Envelope-To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
Status: OR

ZCZC DD+ 39764
ABPW10 PGTW 080600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
PACIFIC OCEAN/080600Z/090600Z AUG 96//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/080151Z AUG 96//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 080000Z8 TROPICAL STORM KIRK (13W) WAS LOCATED AT
24.7N3 134.0E8 AND WAS QUASISTATIONARY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 60 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 75 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(TROPICAL STORM KIRK (13W) WARNING NR 18 (WTPN31 PGTW 080300))
AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2)  NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1)  THE LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION (LLCC) PREVIOUSLY
MENTIONED NEAR 24N6 155E1 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED
SUSPECT.
(2)  THE LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED
NEAR 34N7 172E IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 36N9 168E5. IT HAS WEAKENED
SIGNIFICANTLY AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE PREDOMINANTLY HIGH PRESSURE
IN THE IMMEDIATE REGION. VISIBLE AND ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATE THAT THE SYSTEM HAS SUBTROPICAL CHARACTERISTICS AND
IS MOVING NORTHEAST AND AWAY FROM THE DEEP TROPICS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED NEAR 12N3
158E4 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
(4) THE LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED
NEAR 30N3 140E IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 30N3 142E7. VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE THIS LLCC IS LOCATED ALONG THE SAM
E
TROUGH AXIS AS TROPICAL STORM KIRK (13W). WATER VAPOR IMAGERY
INDICATES THE AREA IS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF STRONG VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR WHICH IS INHIBITING ANY COVECTIVE ORGANIZATION AT THIS TIME,
ALTHOUGH IT HAS FLARED UP PERIODICALLY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. A NEW
THUNDERSTORM HAS RECENTLY BUILT NEAR THIS LLCC AS OF 08/0430Z. MAXIMU
M
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(5) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 11N2 165E2. SATELLIT
E
IMAGERY INDICATES AN AREA OF PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION NEAR A
POSSIBLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION AS INDICATED BY SYNOPTIC DATA. VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A FEW LOW-LEVEL CLOUD LINES SPIRALING INTO
THIS CONVECTION ALSO SUPPORTING THE PRESENCE OF A LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION. CONVECTIVE ORGANIZATION AT THIS TIME IS POOR. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT IS POOR.
(6) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2.  WESTERN SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (180 WEST TO 135E):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: KUBAT/HAM/CROSS/HONG//

NNNN