

id AA06677; Sat, 10 Aug 96 10:32:21 -0600
Received: from uxmail.ust.hk by ncar.ucar.EDU (NCAR Local/ NCAR Central Post Office 03/11/93)
id KAA05799; Sat, 10 Aug 1996 10:32:14 -0600 (MDT)
Received: from hkusua.hku.hk ([147.8.2.2]) by uxmail.ust.hk with SMTP id <102184-256>; Sun, 11 Aug 1996 00:31:31 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK by hkusua.hku.hk (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4)
id AAA06427; Sun, 11 Aug 1996 00:29:23 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK (HKUJNT) by hkujnt.hku.HK (PMDF V4.3-7 #8143)
id <[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Aug 1996 00:30:04 +0700
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 2494776 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 9 Aug 1996 16:55:28 -0500
Received: from ux2.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.3])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.6.12/8.6.12) with SMTP id QAA49850 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 9 Aug 1996 16:55:20 -0500
Received: by ux2.cso.uiuc.edu id AA52359
(5.67a/IDA-1.5 for [email-masked]); Fri, 9 Aug 1996 16:55:19 -0500
Date: 	Fri, 09 Aug 1996 16:55:19 -0500
From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Weather Summery -091655 (AUTOMATIC)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
Apparently-To: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
X-Envelope-To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
Status: OR

ZCZC DD+ 64388
ABPW10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
PACIFIC OCEAN/091800Z/100600Z AUG 96//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/091351Z AUG 96//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 091200Z2 TYPHOON KIRK (13W) WAS LOCATED AT 25.1N8
131.3E8 AND MOVING WESTWARD AT 9 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 80 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 100 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(TYPHOON KIRK (13W) WARNING NR 24 (WTPN31 PGTW 091500)) AND SIX-
HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2)  NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED NEAR 11N2
160E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11N2 159E5. SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
AN AREA OF PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION NEAR A BROAD LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION AS INDICATED BY SYNOPTIC DATA. VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS ANTICYCLONIC OUTFLOW OVER THIS SYSTEM. CONVECTIVE
ORGANIZATION AT THIS TIME IS POOR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT IS FAIR.
(2) THE LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED
NEAR 30N3 143E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 31N4 144E9. VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE THIS LLCC IS LOCATED ALONG THE
SAME TROUGH AXIS AS TYPHOON KIRK (13W). WATER VAPOR IMAGERY
INDICATES THE AREA IS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF STRONG VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR FROM THE OUTFLOW OF TYPHOON KIRK WHICH CONTINUES TO INHIBIT
ANY COVECTIVE ORGANIZATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 34N7 151E7 I
S
NOW LOCATED NEAR 35N8 150E6. SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA
INDICATE THIS CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH ANOTHER EDDY ALONG THE
TROUGH AXIS. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR IS CURRENTLY VERY STRONG AND INHIBIT
ING
ANY SIGNIFICANT ORGANIZATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED A
T
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB