

id KAA01675; Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:45:30 -0600
Received: from uxmail.ust.hk by ncar.ucar.EDU (NCAR Local/ NCAR Central Post Office 03/11/93)
id KAA20876; Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:45:24 -0600 (MDT)
Received: from hkusua.hku.hk ([147.8.2.2]) by uxmail.ust.hk with SMTP id <102504-414>; Fri, 18 Oct 1996 00:44:13 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK by hkusua.hku.hk (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4)
id AAA02553; Fri, 18 Oct 1996 00:46:21 +0800
Received: from HKUJNT.HKU.HK (HKUJNT) by hkujnt.hku.HK (PMDF V4.3-7 #8143)
id <[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Oct 1996 00:41:28 +0700
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 3287303 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 16 Oct 1996 07:50:16 -0500
Received: from ux2.cso.uiuc.edu (ux2.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.3])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.6.12/8.6.12) with SMTP id HAA97614 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Oct 1996 07:49:43 -0500
Received: by ux2.cso.uiuc.edu id AA09654
(5.67a/IDA-1.5 for [email-masked]); Wed, 16 Oct 1996 07:49:42 -0500
Date: 	Wed, 16 Oct 1996 07:49:42 -0500
From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NW: Formation Alert -160749 (AUTOMATIC)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
Apparently-to: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Envelope-to: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
Status: OR

ZCZC DD+ 78003
WTPN21 PGTW 161200
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 161200Z OCT 96//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
180 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 14.8N3 114.8W4 TO 18.2N1
118.5W5 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
METSAT IMAGERY AT 160600Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 15.0N6 115.0W7.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING NORTHWESTWARD
AT 12 KNOTS.  THE NEXT SATELLITE INVESTIGATION IS SCHEDULED FOR
171200Z1.
2. REMARKS: METSAT DATA WITHIN THE PAST 24 HOURS INDICATES STEADILY
INCREASING CONVECTION AND ORGANIZATION OF UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW IN THE
SUSPECT AREA.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 171200Z1.//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUHPSGG86352901200

NNNN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.