

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id IAA36612;
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 08:48:13 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7169763 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 2 Dec 1997 08:48:08 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id IAA41120 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 2 Dec 1997 08:48:02 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id IAA04698
for [email-masked]; Tue, 2 Dec 1997 08:48:02 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 2 Dec 1997 08:48:02 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Five-c Advisory Number   1
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 6ee616fa9156d3932aa0468949a8f510
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

553
WTPA31 PHNL 021500
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION FIVE-C ADVISORY NUMBER   1
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST TUE DEC 02 1997

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  7.2 NORTH...LONGITUDE 166.4 WEST
OR ABOUT 1100 MILES SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU.

THE DEPRESSION IS NOW NEARLY STATIONARY AND IS EXPECTED TO DRIFT
SLOWLY NORTHWEST DURING THE NEXT 36 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 35 MPH... 55 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  A SLOW INTENSIFICATION IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24
HOURS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1000 MB...29.53 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION... 7.2 N...166.4 W.  MOVEMENT
IS NEARLY STATIONARY.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...35 MPH.  MINIMUM
CENTRAL PRESSURE...1000 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 AM HST.

LARSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.