

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id LAA65396;
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 11:13:43 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6007943 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 27 Jul 1997 11:13:39 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id LAA252002 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 27 Jul 1997 11:13:38 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.7.5/8.7.3) id LAA23375
for [email-masked]; Sun, 27 Jul 1997 11:13:37 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 27 Jul 1997 11:13:39 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression One-c Advisory Number 3 [271500]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: OR
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

732
WTPA31 PHNL 271500
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION ONE-C ADVISORY NUMBER 3
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST SUN JUL 27 1997

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION REMAINS WEAK AND DIFFICULT TO LOCATE...

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION
WAS RELOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 10.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 167.4 WEST
OR ABOUT 975 MILES SOUTHWEST OF LIHUE 480 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF
JOHNSTON ISLAND. THE DEEP CONVECTION OVER THE CENTER WAS SHEARED
AWAY AND A NEW CENTER TO THE SOUTHWEST WAS DEEMED TO BE THE MAIN
CIRCULATION CENTER.

THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 9 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE DURING THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 30 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  LITTLE
CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1008 MB...29.77 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION...10.0 N...167.4 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NEAR  9 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 30 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1008 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 AM HST.

ROSENDAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.