

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id IAA10616;
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:31:55 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7195316 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:31:50 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id IAA12390 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:31:49 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id IAA12415
for [email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:31:44 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:31:44 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 9
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 21048e8eb0be0056e7f48f16ea6f5787
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

324
WTPA31 PHNL 041500 COR
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER 9
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST THU DEC 04 1997

...CORRECTED FORWARD MOTION SPEED IN PARAGRAPH...REPEATING ETC..

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA 1100 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HAWAII AND NOT
A THREAT TO THE ISLANDS...

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  9.2 NORTH...LONGITUDE 170.3 WEST
OR ABOUT 1100 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 6 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 50 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  SOME
STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 115 MILES FROM THE
CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 996 MB...29.41 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION...9.2N  170.3W.  MOVEMENT TOWARD
THE WEST NORTHWEST AT 6 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 50 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 996 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 AM HST.

ROSENDAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.