

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA40546;
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 20:23:41 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6837239 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 31 Oct 1997 20:23:37 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id UAA23888 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 31 Oct 1997 20:23:36 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA05819
for [email-masked]; Fri, 31 Oct 1997 20:23:35 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 31 Oct 1997 20:23:35 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Four-c Discussion Number  4
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 717b92224641f855a54336db3d89ea2d
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

957
WTPA44 PHNL 010300
TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C DISCUSSION NUMBER  4
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST FRI OCT 31 1997

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C CONTINUES TO MOVE SOUTHWESTWARD AND
WEAKEN...

LATEST VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER OF TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C CONTINUING TO MOVE
SOUTHWEST...AWAY FROM THE DEEP CONVECTION...WHICH REMAINS ALMOST
THE SAME INTENSITY AS SIX HOURS AGO. CONTINUED GRADUAL WEAKENING
IS EXPECTED AS THE SYSTEM MOVES WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD...WITH
DISSIPATION EXPECTED WITHIN 24 HOURS. THE TRACK IS IN AGREEMENT
WITH THE SHALLOW AND MEDIUM MODELS. THE AVIATION MODEL TRACKS THE
SYSTEM ON A CURVING NORTHWARD TRACK...BUT WITH THE DEEP CONVECTION
NOW SOME DISTANCE FROM THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER...THIS
APPEARS QUITE UNLIKELY.

FARRELL.

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     01/0300Z 10.2N 173.2W    25 KTS
12HR VT     01/1200Z  9.7N 175.8W    25 KTS...DISSIPATING
24HR VT     02/0000Z  9.7N 179.0W    20 KTS...DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.