

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id FAA26956;
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 05:03:54 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6123678 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 28 Aug 1997 05:02:28 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id FAA28114 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 28 Aug 1997 05:02:27 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.6) id FAA28335
for [email-masked]; Thu, 28 Aug 1997 05:01:06 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 28 Aug 1997 05:01:06 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 87eecbaa0d111dc7027cdeecb2943d11
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1234
Status: OR

582
ABPA20 PHNL 281000
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210 AM HST THU AUG 28 1997

HURRICANE JIMENA NEAR 16.5N 136.8W AT 11 PM HST...AROUND 1210
MILES EAST-SOUTHEAST OF HILO...IS MOVING NORTH/NORTHWESTWARD AT 10
MPH. THE HURRICANE IS NOT EXPECTED TO CROSS 140 WEST LONGITUDE
INTO THE CENTRAL PACIFIC UNTIL FRIDAY MORNING...29 AUG. PLEASE SEE
THE LATEST WTPZ22 KNHC AND WTPZ42 KNHC BULLETINS FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 12N 168W IS MOVING WEST AT 5 TO 10
MPH.  ASSOCIATED CONVECTION HAS DIMINISHED DURING THE PAST 12
HOURS.  THIS SYSTEM WILL CONTINUE TO BE MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
DEVELOPMENT.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED IN THE
NORTH CENTRAL PACIFIC THROUGH THURSDAY.

FUJII

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.