

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA40138;
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 20:56:51 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7190366 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 20:56:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id UAA29570 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 20:56:10 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA10220
for [email-masked]; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 20:56:08 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 3 Dec 1997 20:56:08 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Discussion Number 7
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: e7ce3fb5c232115558ba7104b5a460fe
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

351
WTPA41 PHNL 040300
TROPICAL STORM PAKA DISCUSSION NUMBER 7
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST WED DEC 3 1997

AFTER MOMENTARILY HALTING TROPICAL STORM PAKA NOW APPEARS TO BE
CONTINUING ON ITS EARLIER WESTNORTHWEST COURSE OVER WARM 28 DEGREE
WATER. WILL MAINTAIN A MORE CONSERVATIVE GROWTH PATTERN AS PAKA
UNDERGOES MILD UPPER SHEARING IN 24 TO 36 HOURS...OVERNIGHT CB
ENHANCEMENT WILL LIKELY STRENGTHEN THE STORM BEFORE HIGH LEVEL
WESTERLY FLOW IMPOSES A PLATEAU.  MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     04/0300Z  8.6N 169.1W    45 KTS
12HR VT     04/1200Z  9.0N 170.7W    50 KTS
24HR VT     05/0000Z  9.6N 172.8W    55 KTS
36HR VT     05/1200Z 10.3N 175.1W    55 KTS
48HR VT     06/0000Z 11.1N 177.7W    50 KTS
72HR VT     07/0000Z 13.0N 177.0E    45 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.