

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id DAA210782;
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 03:32:32 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5885775 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 13 Jul 1997 03:32:27 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id DAA64296 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Jul 1997 03:32:11 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.7.5/8.7.3) id DAA08070
for [email-masked]; Sun, 13 Jul 1997 03:32:10 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 13 Jul 1997 03:32:27 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Enrique Discussion Number   4 [130832]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 74870dbb56f55224859a792bbe0872a4
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1715
Status: OR

238
WTPZ42 KNHC 130832
TCDEP2
TROPICAL STORM ENRIQUE DISCUSSION NUMBER   4
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
2 AM PDT SUN JUL 13 1997

ENRIQUE CONTINUES TO INTENSIFY WITH WELL-ORGANIZED DEEP CONVECTIVE
BANDING AND GOOD UPPER-TROPOSPHERIC OUTFLOW OVER ALL QUADRANTS.
USING THE CURVED BAND PATTERN WITH THE DVORAK TECHNIQUE YIELDS A T-
NUMBER OF 3.5...CORRESPONDING TO 55 KNOTS.  FURTHER STRENGTHENING IS
FORECAST.  THE CYCLONE WILL LIKELY REACH HURRICANE STRENGTH LATER
TODAY.

INITIAL MOTION ESTIMATE...300/14...IS A LITTLE TO THE RIGHT OF THE
PREVIOUS ADVISORY.  THE LATEST AVN MODEL RUN SHOWS A DEEP-LAYER
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION DEVELOPING BETWEEN 20N-35N AND 120W-140W.  IF
THIS FEATURE VERIFIES...ENRIQUE SHOULD TURN MORE NORTHWESTWARD
DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.  MOST OF THE DYNAMICAL GUIDANCE
SHOWS THIS MORE NORTHWESTWARD MOTION.  THEREFORE A FURTHER NORTHWARD
ADJUSTMENT TO THE TRACK FORECAST IS MADE...ALBEIT NOT AS FAR NORTH
AS SOME OF THE MODEL TRACKS.

PASCH

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     13/0900Z 11.2N 118.1W    55 KTS
12HR VT     13/1800Z 12.1N 119.8W    65 KTS
24HR VT     14/0600Z 13.4N 122.2W    70 KTS
36HR VT     14/1800Z 14.8N 124.8W    75 KTS
48HR VT     15/0600Z 16.2N 127.2W    75 KTS
72HR VT     16/0600Z 19.0N 132.0W    75 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.