

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id RAA40074;
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 17:47:13 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6930720 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 8 Nov 1997 17:47:06 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id RAA42856 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Nov 1997 17:47:02 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id RAA11219
for [email-masked]; Sat, 8 Nov 1997 17:47:01 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 8 Nov 1997 17:47:01 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Rick Intermediate Advisory Number  5a
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 15da9ca49d9a96b6804449b05d56cfd9
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

377
WTPZ34 KNHC 082348
TCPEP4
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM RICK INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER  5A
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
4 PM PST SAT NOV 08 1997

...TROPICAL STORM RICK MOVING FASTER TOWARD SOUTHWEST MEXICO
...EXPECTED TO BRING HEAVY RAINS...

A TROPICAL STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LAZARO CARDENAS TO
PUERTO ESCONDIDO MEXICO.  INTERESTS IN THE WATCH AREA SHOULD
CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM AND BE READY TO TAKE
QUICK ACTIONS...IF NECESSARY.  A TROPICAL STORM WARNING WILL LIKELY
BE ISSUED TONIGHT.

AT 4 PM PST...0000Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM RICK WAS LOCATED
NEAR LATITUDE 14.1 NORTH...LONGITUDE 102.1 WEST OR ABOUT 245 MILES
...395 KM...SOUTHWEST OF ACAPULCO.

RICK HAS INCREASED ITS FORWARD SPEED AND NOW MOVING TOWARD THE
NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH...20 KM/HR...AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO
CONTINUE THROUGH TONIGHT. ON THIS TRACK THE CENTER OF RICK SHOULD BE
NEAR THE COAST ON SUNDAY.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  40 MPH... 65 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  SOME FURTHER STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24
HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO  45 MILES... 75 KM
FROM THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1002 MB...29.58 INCHES.

RICK COULD BRING HEAVY RAINS TO AREAS ALREADY AFFECTED BY PREVIOUS
TROPICAL SYSTEMS THIS YEAR.  THIS COULD CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH
FLOODS AND MUDSLIDES.

REPEATING THE 4 PM PST POSITION...14.1 N...102.1 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 40 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1002 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER AT
7 PM PST.

AVILA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.