

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id FAA81170;
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 05:01:26 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5984903 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 24 Jul 1997 05:01:20 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id FAA227068 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jul 1997 05:01:19 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.7.5/8.7.3) id FAA23031
for [email-masked]; Thu, 24 Jul 1997 05:01:17 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 24 Jul 1997 05:01:20 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook [241000]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

519
ABPA20 PHNL 241000
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210 AM HST THURSDAY JULY 24 1997

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE IS CENTERED NEAR 08N155W. ALTHOUGH CYCLONIC
ROTATION IS EVIDENT WITH THIS SYSTEM...NOT ENOUGH DATA IS YET
AVAILABLE TO DETERMINE IF IT IS SURFACE-BASED. THE DISTURBANCE HAS
BEEN MOVING WESTWARD AT ABOUT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.

MUCH OF THE CONVECTION THAT HAD BEEN GENERATED EARLIER BY THE SYSTEM
HAS DISSIPATED...AT LEAST FOR THE TIME BEING. THE AREA WILL BE
MONITORED FOR ANY SIGNS OF INTENSIFICATION.

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.