

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id TAA14648;
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:56:27 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7110284 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:56:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id TAA13066 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:56:14 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA04996
for [email-masked]; Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:56:13 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:56:13 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: d75b849b3b91ece885879f711691bb03
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

926
ABPA20 PHNL 260200
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
4 PM HST TUESDAY NOVEMBER 25 1997

A WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE HAS ENTERED THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC. IT
IS ABOUT 1200 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HILO...NEAR 10N 141W. THERE IS NO
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM AT THIS TIME. WE
WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR IT FOR ANY SIGNS OF STRENGTHENING.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING NOW. IF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES OCCUR BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1...THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL START ISSUING
BULLETINS.

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.