

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id VAA50348;
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:08:51 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7202523 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:08:47 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id VAA32922 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:08:46 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id VAA15515
for [email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:08:43 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:08:43 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 11
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: adf8ed3aee823a4fa2abcab7297465ed
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

589
WTPA31 PHNL 050300
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER 11
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST THU DEC 4 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA FARAWAY AND NOT A THREAT TO THE ISLANDS...

AT 5 PM HST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 9.3 NORTH...LONGITUDE 172.5 WEST
OR ABOUT 1200 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH AND IS
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE SO FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 60 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
LITTLE CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 105 MILES
FROM THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 992MB OR 29.29 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 PM HST POSITION 9.3N 172.5W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS 60 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 992MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 PM HST.

MATSUDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.