

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA18254;
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 02:39:44 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6943960 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 10 Nov 1997 02:39:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA43832 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 10 Nov 1997 02:39:39 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA17719
for [email-masked]; Mon, 10 Nov 1997 02:39:39 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Mon, 10 Nov 1997 02:39:39 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Rick Advisory Number  12
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 4f8273ac68d5464f5e8b4c95793e61d5
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

023
WTPZ34 KNHC 100840
TCPEP4
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM RICK ADVISORY NUMBER  12
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
1 AM PST MON NOV 10 1997

...RICK DOWNGRADED TO A TROPICAL STORM...

THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO HAS DISCONTINUED THE HURRICANE WARNING FROM
PUNTA MALDONADO TO TAPACHULA.  A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS NOW IN
EFFECT FROM PUNTA MALDONADO TO TAPACHULA.

AT 1 AM PST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM RICK WAS LOCATED
NEAR LATITUDE 16.1 NORTH...LONGITUDE  95.2 WEST OR RIGHT OVER THE
CITY OF SALINA CRUZ MEXICO.

RICK IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST NORTHEAST NEAR 15 MPH ...24 KM/HR...
AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  65 MPH...100 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  WEAKENING IS FORECAST AS THE SYSTEM MOVES INLAND.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 115 MILES
...185 KM FROM THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS  990 MB...29.23 INCHES.

HEAVY RAINS...5 TO 10 INCHES...ARE EXPECTED TO SPREAD EAST-
NORTHEASTWARD ALONG THE PATH OF THE STORM.  THESE RAINS COULD
CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS AND MUD SLIDES.

STORM SURGE FLOODING OF 2 TO 3 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE LEVELS
OCCURRING TO THE EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE HURRICANE WILL DIMINISH
OVERNIGHT.

REPEATING THE 1 AM PST POSITION...16.1 N... 95.2 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...EAST NORTHEAST NEAR 15 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 65 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 990 MB.

AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER AT 4 AM PST FOLLOWED BY THE NEXT
COMPLETE ADVISORY AT 7 AM PST.

JARVINEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.