

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id IAA28618;
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 08:44:05 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6936936 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 08:43:59 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id IAA46968 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 08:43:52 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id IAA14133
for [email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 08:43:52 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 9 Nov 1997 08:43:52 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Rick Forecast/advisory Number   9
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: de7ab1e9700c50badcbff261e9494c4f
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

389
WTPZ24 KNHC 091445
TCMEP4
HURRICANE RICK FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER   9
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL   EP1997
1500Z SUN NOV 09 1997

AT 7 AM PST...1500Z...THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO HAS EXTENDED THE
HURRICANE WARNING EASTWARD TO HUATULCO...AND DISCONTINUED THE
HURRICANE WARNING WEST OF ZIHUATANEJO.  A HURRICANE WARNING IS IN
EFFECT FROM ZIHUATANEJO TO HUATULCO MEXICO.  PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT
LIFE AND PROPERTY SHOULD BE RUSHED TO COMPLETION.

HURRICANE CENTER LOCATED NEAR 15.6N  99.0W AT 09/1500Z
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN  45 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE EAST-NORTHEAST OR  65 DEGREES AT 12 KT

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE  980 MB
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS  75 KT WITH GUSTS TO  90 KT
64 KT....... 30NE  30SE  30SW  30NW
50 KT....... 50NE  50SE  50SW  50NW
34 KT.......100NE 100SE 100SW 100NW
12 FT SEAS..100NE 100SE 100SW 100NW
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR 15.6N  99.0W AT 09/1500Z
AT 09/1200Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR 15.3N  99.6W

FORECAST VALID 10/0000Z 16.4N  97.4W
MAX WIND  60 KT...GUSTS  75 KT
50 KT... 40NE  40SE  40SW  40NW
34 KT... 75NE 100SE 100SW  75NW

FORECAST VALID 10/1200Z 17.5N  95.5W...DISSIPATING
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT
34 KT... 50NE  50SE  50SW  50NW

FORECAST VALID 11/0000Z...DISSIPATED

A STORM SURGE OF 2 TO 4 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE LEVELS WILL OCCUR TO
THE RIGHT OF WHERE THE EYE MAKES LANDFALL.  IN ADDITION...LARGE
WAVES RIDING ON TOP OF THE STORM SURGE WILL BATTER COASTAL
STRUCTURES.

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 15.6N  99.0W

NEXT ADVISORY AT 09/2100Z

PASCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.