

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id NAA14700;
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:56:12 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7119198 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:56:04 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id NAA40276 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:56:03 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA08735
for [email-masked]; Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:56:02 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:56:02 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 2bfabf80553dd9ed7037dc06706b8e16
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

706
ABPA20 PHNL 262000
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
10 AM HST WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 26 1997

A WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE A LITTLE LESS THAN 1000 MILES SOUTHEAST
OF HILO...NEAR 10N 144W...IS MOVING WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.  ISOLATED
CONVECTION REMAINS WELL TO THE NORTHEAST AND EAST OF THE CIRCULATION
CENTER. THE DISTURBANCE IS NOT EXPECTED TO DEVELOP BEYOND ITS PRESENT
STAGE. HOWEVER...WE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR IT FOR ANY SIGNS OF
INTENSIFICATION.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING NOW. IF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES DEVELOP BETWEEN THESE DATES...THE CENTRAL
PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL BEGIN ISSUING BULLETINS.

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.