

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id AAA22650;
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 00:15:04 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6933871 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 00:14:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id AAA17536 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 00:10:01 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id AAA12501
for [email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 00:10:00 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 9 Nov 1997 00:10:00 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Rick Special Discussion Number   7
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: c6420fdbd6734748543d221024c531dc
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

115
WTPZ44 KNHC 090611
TCDEP4
HURRICANE RICK SPECIAL DISCUSSION NUMBER   7
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
10 PM PST SAT NOV 08 1997

SATELLITE IMAGES...RADAR IMAGES FROM ACAPULCO MEXICO AND
OBSERVATIONS FROM SSMI INDICATE THAT RICK HAS DEVELOPED AN EYE
FEATURE.  THEREFORE...RICK IS BEING UPGRADED TO A HURRICANE AND
HURRICANE WARNINGS HAVE BEEN ISSUED ACCORDINGLY.

SINCE THIS IS A SPECIAL ADVISORY...THE FORECAST TRACK REMAINS
UNCHANGED.

AVILA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     09/0600Z 15.1N 101.0W    65 KTS
12HR VT     09/1200Z 15.7N 100.5W    70 KTS
24HR VT     10/0000Z 17.0N  99.0W    50 KTS...INLAND
36HR VT     10/1200Z 18.0N  97.0W    30 KTS...INLAND
48HR VT     11/0000Z 19.0N  94.5W    20 KTS
72HR VT     12/0000Z 19.5N  92.0W    20 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.