

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id TAA35216;
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 19:54:31 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7150553 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 30 Nov 1997 19:53:33 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id TAA30774 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 30 Nov 1997 19:53:30 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA27403
for [email-masked]; Sun, 30 Nov 1997 19:53:29 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 30 Nov 1997 19:53:29 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 1677fc5f5d94bfb85f8034c2fdfd3c54
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

401
ABPA20 PHNL 010200
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
4 PM HST SUN NOV 30 1997

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ABOUT 1065 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU...
NEAR 09N 167W. THE DISTURBANCE HAS NOT STRENGTHENED SINCE THIS
MORNING BUT STILL HAS SOME POTENTIAL TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL
DEPRESSION. WE WILL WATCH THE SYSTEM CLOSELY FOR SIGNS OF
STRENGTHENING.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS TODAY. WE
WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT 10 PM
TONIGHT. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOKS NEXT
YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO EPISODE SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING
NOW. IF A TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES DEVELOP BETWEEN THESE DATES...THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL BEGIN ISSUING
BULLETINS.

KODAMA/DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.