

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA30570;
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 02:45:34 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6828324 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 31 Oct 1997 02:45:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA28242 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 31 Oct 1997 02:45:29 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA02321
for [email-masked]; Fri, 31 Oct 1997 02:45:29 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 31 Oct 1997 02:45:29 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Four-c Discussion Number   1
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 0ae6f9c15dae4f749fb32d54e9ea9768
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

381
WTPA44 PHNL 310900
TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C DISCUSSION NUMBER   1
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST THU OCT 30 1997

THE TROPICAL DISTURBANCE THAT ORIGINATED NEAR 10N 158W TWO DAYS
AGO HAS BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED AND ADVISORIES ARE NOW BEING
ISSUED ON TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C...THE EIGHTH TROPICAL CYCLONE
OF THE SEASON. SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN INCREASE IN CONVECTION.
SINCE THE LOW LEVEL CENTER CAN NOT BE SEEN ON INFRARED DATA...ITS
POSITION IS BASED ON ANIMATION AND EXTRAPOLATION OF CURVED BANDS.

INITIAL MOTION IS 285/11. ALL MODELS ARE CONSISTENT ON THE TRACK
AND THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN SOUTH OF JOHNSTON ISLAND.

HABLUTZEL

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     31/0900Z 12.5N 168.3W    30 KTS
12HR VT     31/1800Z 12.9N 169.9W    35 KTS
24HR VT     01/0600Z 13.5N 172.1W    40 KTS
36HR VT     01/1800Z 14.0N 174.3W    45 KTS
48HR VT     02/0600Z 14.6N 176.5W    50 KTS
72HR VT     03/0600Z 15.4N 179.6E    60 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.