

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id OAA53922;
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:31:38 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7210343 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:31:19 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id OAA23134 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:31:15 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA01450
for [email-masked]; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:31:14 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:31:14 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Forecast/advisory Number  14
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 18a6daf80efea85e4fab1bdd39df035c
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

103
WTPA21 PHNL 052100
TROPICAL STORM PAKA FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER  14
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI   CP0597
2100Z FRI DEC 05 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA WEAKENING...

TROPICAL STORM CENTER LOCATED NEAR  9.8N 174.0W AT 05/2100Z
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN  60 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE WEST OR 280 DEGREES AT  7 KT

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 1000 MB
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS  45 KT WITH GUSTS TO  55 KT
34 KT....... 60NE  60SE  60SW  60NW
12 FT SEAS.. 60NE  60SE  60SW  60NW
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR  9.8N 174.0W AT 05/2100Z
AT 05/1800Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR  9.7N 173.6W

FORECAST VALID 06/0600Z 10.0N 175.0W
MAX WIND  40 KT...GUSTS  50 KT
34 KT... 50NE  50SE  50SW  50NW

FORECAST VALID 06/1800Z 10.3N 176.4W
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT
34 KT... 10NE  10SE  10SW  10NW

FORECAST VALID 07/0600Z 10.7N 177.7W
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT
34 KT... 10NE  10SE  10SW  10NW

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF  9.8N 174.0W

EXTENDED OUTLOOK...USE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY...ERRORS MAY BE LARGE

OUTLOOK VALID 07/1800Z 11.0N 179.5W
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT

OUTLOOK VALID 08/1800Z 11.8N 176.7E
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT

NEXT ADVISORY AT 06/0300Z

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.