

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id OAA35598;
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:42:06 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7199639 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:42:02 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id OAA21398 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:41:23 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA14193
for [email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:41:16 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:41:16 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number  10
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 0f38a4db1c898fc7f5343b6884e321ad
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

405
WTPA31 PHNL 042100
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER  10
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST THU DEC 04 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA 1200 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HAWAII AND NOT A
THREAT TO ANY ISLANDS...

AT 11 AM HST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  9.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 171.1 WEST
OR ABOUT 1200 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR  6 MPH ... 9
KM/HR...AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  65 MPH...100 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  PAKA IS FORECAST TO SLOWLY INTENSIFY DURING THE NEXT
12 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 115 MILES
...185 KM FROM THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS  992 MB...29.29 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 AM HST POSITION... 9.0 N...171.1 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NORTHWEST NEAR  6 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 65 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 992 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 PM HST.

LARSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.