

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA12316;
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:43:38 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6138299 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:43:27 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA22252 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:43:25 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.6) id PAA03352
for [email-masked]; Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:41:53 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:41:53 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Jimena Advisory Number  18
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 4b84051d66ddd92b5abba73f6218ccac
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1415
Status: OR

101
WTPA32 PHNL 292100
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION JIMENA ADVISORY NUMBER  18
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST FRI AUG 29 1997

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION JIMENA DOWNGRADED FROM A TROPICAL STORM...

AT 11 AM HST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION WAS
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 20.6 NORTH...LONGITUDE 141.3 WEST OR ABOUT
890 MILES EAST OF HILO.

THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 10 MPH...17 KM/HR...
AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  35 MPH... 55 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS. CONTINUED WEAKENING IS FORECAST AND DISSIPATION IS LIKELY
WITHIN 24 TO 36 HOURS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1010 MB...29.83 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 AM HST POSITION...20.6 N...141.3 W. MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NEAR 10 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...35 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1010 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE
CENTER AT 5 PM HST.

HABLUTZEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.