

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id VAA134264;
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:35:36 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6005300 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:35:31 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id VAA212326 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:35:31 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.7.5/8.7.3) id VAA17685
for [email-masked]; Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:35:30 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:35:31 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression One-c Discussion Number   1
[270230]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-Status:
X-UID: 67
Status: O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

453
WTPA41 PHNL 270230
TROPICAL DEPRESSION ONE-C DISCUSSION NUMBER   1
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST SAT JUL 26 1997

ONE-C IS BARELY A DEPRESSION...BUT WITH A WESTWARD TRACK OVER 28C
SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURES MAY DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL STORM IN 48
HOURS.  ALSO...THE AVIATION MODEL SHOWS LITTLE IN THE WAY OF WIND
SHEAR TO PREVENT FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.

ALL OBJECTIVE AIDS MOVE ONE-C TO THE WEST NORTHWEST. THE FORECAST
TRACK FAVORS CLIMATOLOGY AND PERSISTANCE WHICH...ALONG WITH
EXTRAPOLATION...ARE SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF THE BETA ADVECTION MODELS.

CRAIG

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     27/0300Z 11.4N 164.8W    25 KTS
12HR VT     27/1200Z 11.5N 165.6W    25 KTS
24HR VT     28/0000Z 11.8N 166.9W    25 KTS
36HR VT     28/1200Z 12.1N 168.1W    30 KTS
48HR VT     29/0000Z 12.4N 169.5W    35 KTS
72HR VT     30/0000Z 13.1N 172.1W    40 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.