

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA30860;
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 02:05:50 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7113191 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 26 Nov 1997 02:05:22 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA31338 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 26 Nov 1997 02:05:21 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA06300
for [email-masked]; Wed, 26 Nov 1997 02:05:20 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 26 Nov 1997 02:05:20 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 72e6087229364febd535fc36bde4d1dc
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

874
ABPA20 PHNL 260800
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
10 PM HST TUESDAY NOVEMBER 25 1997

A WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ABOUT 1100 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HILO...
NEAR 10N 142W...IS MOVING WEST AT 12 MPH. THERE IS LITTLE
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY NOW NEAR THE DISTURBANCE AND IT IS
NOT EXPECTED TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL DEPRESSION. WE WILL
CONTINUE TO MONITOR IT FOR ANY SIGNS OF STRENGTHENING.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING NOW. IF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES OCCUR BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1...THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL START ISSUING
BULLETINS.

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.