

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id VAA81166;
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 21:20:44 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5890138 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 13 Jul 1997 21:20:38 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id VAA33530 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Jul 1997 21:20:35 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.7.5/8.7.3) id VAA18157
for [email-masked]; Sun, 13 Jul 1997 21:20:34 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 13 Jul 1997 21:20:38 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Enrique Discussion Number   7 [140220]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 5851c4427769a9fbb4a80267d88c0ef6
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1344
Status: OR

129
WTPZ42 KNHC 140220
TCDEP2
HURRICANE ENRIQUE DISCUSSION NUMBER   7
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
8 PM PDT SUN JUL 13 1997

THE INITIAL MOTION ESTIMATE IS 300/15.  MANY OF THE MODELS SHOW A
TURN TOWARD THE NORTH OVER THE NEXT 72 HOURS AS A MID TROPOSPHERIC
LOW TO THE NORTH OF THE HURRICANE INFLUENCES ITS MOTION.  THE
OFFICIAL FORECAST IS SHIFTED TO THE RIGHT OF THE PREVIOUS FORECAST
MAINLY AFTER 48 HOURS.

THE LATEST SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT STRENGTHENING HAS PEAKED
AT LEAST FOR A WHILE.  SOME INTENSIFICATION IS LIKELY UNTIL ENRIQUE
ENCOUNTERS COLDER WATER AFTER 48 HOURS.

LAWRENCE

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     14/0300Z 13.5N 122.2W    90 KTS
12HR VT     14/1200Z 14.3N 124.1W    95 KTS
24HR VT     15/0000Z 16.2N 126.7W    95 KTS
36HR VT     15/1200Z 18.3N 129.0W    95 KTS
48HR VT     16/0000Z 20.5N 130.5W    90 KTS
72HR VT     17/0000Z 24.0N 131.0W    60 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.