

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id NAA13194;
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:55:36 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7127716 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:55:29 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id NAA43894 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:55:28 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA13141
for [email-masked]; Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:55:27 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:55:27 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: af7800deb6c9f14da19d07f5332a1c88
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

640
ABPA20 PHNL 272000
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1000 AM HST THU NOV 27 1997

NO TROPICAL CYCLONES ARE EXPECTED IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC
OVER THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO EPISODE SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING
NOW. IF A TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES DEVELOP BETWEEN THESE DATES...THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL BEGIN ISSUING
BULLETINS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.