

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA28494;
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 20:29:47 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6941627 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 20:29:33 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id UAA52794 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 20:29:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA16439
for [email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 20:29:31 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 9 Nov 1997 20:29:31 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Rick Forecast/advisory Number  11
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: e80c7b9628e5e2f34020158ec3bb6a54
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

271
WTPZ24 KNHC 100230
TCMEP4
HURRICANE RICK FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER  11
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL   EP1997
0300Z MON NOV 10 1997

THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO HAS DISCONTINUED THE HURRICANE WARNING WEST
OF PUNTA MALDONADO AND EXTENDED THE HURRICANE WARNING EAST TO
TAPACHULA.  HURRICANE WARNINGS ARE NOW IN EFFECT FROM PUNTA
MALDONADO TO TAPACHULA.

HURRICANE CENTER LOCATED NEAR 15.9N  97.0W AT 10/0300Z
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN  45 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE EAST NORTHEAST OR  70 DEGREES AT 11 KT

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE  980 MB
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS  65 KT WITH GUSTS TO  80 KT
64 KT....... 15NE  30SE  30SW  15NW
50 KT....... 25NE  50SE  50SW  25NW
34 KT....... 50NE 100SE 100SW  50NW
12 FT SEAS.. 50NE 100SE 100SW  50NW
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR 15.9N  97.0W AT 10/0300Z
AT 10/0000Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR 15.8N  97.5W

FORECAST VALID 10/1200Z 16.7N  95.5W
MAX WIND  40 KT...GUSTS  50 KT
34 KT... 25NE  75SE  75SW  25NW

FORECAST VALID 11/0000Z 17.9N  93.7W
MAX WIND  30 KT...GUSTS  40 KT

FORECAST VALID 11/1200Z 19.4N  92.0W...DISSIPATED

A STORM SURGE OF 2 TO 4 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE LEVELS OCCURRING TO
THE EAST OF THE CENTER WILL GRADUALLY SUBSIDE TONIGHT AND EARLY
MONDAY.

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 15.9N  97.0W

EXTENDED OUTLOOK...USE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY...ERRORS MAY BE LARGE

NEXT ADVISORY AT 10/0900Z

LAWRENCE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.