

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id LAA14272;
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 11:20:33 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6928178 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 8 Nov 1997 11:20:32 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id LAA46516 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Nov 1997 11:20:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA09660
for [email-masked]; Sat, 8 Nov 1997 11:20:31 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 8 Nov 1997 11:20:31 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N:    02 Active Trpical Cyclones In Northio
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 771f5570e65f22041acebbc786d8a496
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

344
WTIO31 PGTW 081500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A WARNING NR 002
02 ACTIVE TRPICAL CYCLONES IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE

PAGE 02 RUHGSGG8899 UNCLAS
WARNING POSITION:
081200Z1 --- 10.3NR TWMYE3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 12 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 050 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 10.3N4 52.6E3
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
090000Z9 --- 11.1N3 50.8E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIV
M
D AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSITC WOP DEG/ 05 KTS
24 HRS, VALID AT:
091200Z2 --- 11.5N7 49.8E1
MAX SUSTAINTRBI
SEALA PQT KT, GUSWS 025 KT

PAGE 03 RUHGSGG8899)7,:)-
REMARKS:
081500Z4 POSITION 10.5N6   52.2E9
LATEST ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND DATA FROM PAST
SCATTEROMETER SWATHS INDICATE THATLTROPICAL CYCLONE 03A IS
MOVING TOWARDS THE COAST OF SOMALIA AT JQW KNOTS. IT IS EXPECTED
TO REACH THE COAST NORTH OF DANTE, SOMALIA WITHIN THE NEXT 6
HOURS. THIS CYCLONE IS EXPECTED TO DISSIPATE OVER THE
MOUNTAINOUS TERRAIN OF NORTHEASTERNQ
V IGIGU
UWIA
UI
SJT 12
TO 24 HURS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 081200;-1 IS 12
FEET. REFER TO WWIO31 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT
INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT 082100Z1 (DTG 081955Z8), 090300Z2
(DTG 090155Z0) AND 090900Z8 (DTG 090755Z6). REFER TO TRTPICAL
STORM LINDA (30W) WARNINGS (WTIO32 PGTW) FOR SIX-HOURLY
UPDATES.//
BT
$8899

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.