

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA93600;
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:29:50 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6033442 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:29:45 +1900
Received: from twister.lib.siu.edu (twister.lib.siu.edu [131.230.72.8]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA127102 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:29:43 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by twister.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.6) id PAA26887
for [email-masked]; Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:29:30 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:29:45 +1900
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Depression Ignacio Discussion Number   6
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 1b5089acd1b2c9058b98ab10d93cdbe0
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1791
Status: OR

576
WTPZ41 KNHC 182030
TCDEP1
TROPICAL DEPRESSION IGNACIO DISCUSSION NUMBER   6
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
2 PM PDT MON AUG 18 1997

THE CYCLONE IS DEVOID OF DEEP CONVECTION AND THERE IS ESSENTIALLY NO
CHANCE FOR REGENERATION SINCE SST IS 21 TO 22 DEG C...AND GETTING
COOLER.  LATEST ERS-2 SATELLITE SCATTEROMETER WINDS INDICATE THAT
MAXIMUM SURFACE WINDS ARE AT MOST 25 KNOTS.  IGNACIO SHOULD CONTINUE
TO SPIN DOWN AND BE INSIGNIFICANT AS A WIND CIRCULATION... ALTHOUGH
MOISTURE IS LIKELY TO BE ADVECTED OVER PORTIONS OF THE SOUTHWESTERN
UNITED STATES DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

MOTION IS NORTHWARD NEAR 14 KNOTS. A SLIGHT BEND TO THE NORTH-
NORTHEAST IS FORECAST...BRINGING THE WEAKENING REMNANT LOW NEAR
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TOMORROW.  THIS IS IN GOOD AGREEMENT WITH MOST
TRACK PREDICTION MODELS.

THIS IS THE LAST ADVISORY FROM THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER ON
IGNACIO.  FUTURE INFORMATION ON THE REMNANT LOW WILL BE CONTAINED IN
THE EAST PACIFIC HIGH SEAS FORECASTS BEING ISSUED BY THE TROPICAL
PREDICTION CENTER AND IN THE OFFSHORE WATERS FORECASTS BEING ISSUED
BY THE MARINE PREDICTION CENTER IN WASHINGTON.

PASCH

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     18/2100Z 26.8N 121.5W    25 KTS
12HR VT     19/0600Z 29.0N 121.5W    25 KTS
24HR VT     19/1800Z 32.0N 121.0W    20 KTS...DISSIPATING
36HR VT     20/0600Z...DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.