

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA26716;
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:34:41 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6934577 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:34:36 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA46932 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:33:21 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA12923
for [email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:33:20 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:33:20 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Rick Discussion Number   8
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 7061fd0dd8a1cadbbbb63245f23af295
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

906
WTPZ44 KNHC 090834
TCDEP4
HURRICANE RICK DISCUSSION NUMBER   8
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
1 AM PST SUN NOV 09 1997

SATELLITE IMAGES ALONG WITH RADAR IMAGES FROM ACAPULCO MEXICO
CONTINUE TO SHOW A WELL DEVELOPED EYE.  SATELLITE T-NUMBERS AVERAGE
TO APPROXIMATELY 70 KTS.  SINCE THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO BECOME
BETTER ORGANIZED AND HAS BEEN ON THIS TREND FOR THE PAST 12 TO 18
HOURS THE INITIAL INTENSITY WILL BE INCREASED TO 70 KTS WITH
ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING OCCURRING BEFORE LANDFALL.

ALL TRACK MODEL GUIDANCE HAS THE SYSTEM REACHING THE COAST IN
APPROXIMATELY 12 HOURS AND INLAND IN 24.  THE OFFICIAL FORECAST
REFLECTS THIS.

JARVINEN

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     09/0900Z 15.3N 100.5W    70 KTS
12HR VT     09/1800Z 16.2N  99.1W    80 KTS
24HR VT     10/0600Z 17.6N  96.8W    40 KTS...INLAND

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.