

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA208160;
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:44:12 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5916580 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:43:52 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA92270 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:43:40 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.7.5/8.7.3) id PAA02022
for [email-masked]; Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:43:39 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:43:52 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Felicia Discussion Number  10 [162029]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: d71848d6603e1c48583bd859c2ab50a1
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1527
Status: OR

698
WTPZ43 KNHC 162029
TCDEP3
TROPICAL STORM FELICIA DISCUSSION NUMBER  10
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
2 PM PDT WED JUL 16 1997

SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGESTS THE CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT OF FELICIA.
THERE IS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW TO THE NORTH OF THE STORM AS INDICATED
ON WATER VAPOR IMAGERY. THIS FEATURE MAY SLOW THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE
SYSTEM. HOWEVER...FELICIA IS EXPECTED TO MOVE AWAY FROM THIS FEATURE
IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS...SO THE INTENSIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO
CONTINUE.

THE CENTER OF FELICIA WAS RE-POSITIONED SOMEWHAT TO THE SOUTH OF ITS
POSITION EARLIER IN THE DAY. HOWEVER...THE STORM IS EXPECTED TO MOVE
ALONG A GENERAL WEST-NORTHWEST PATH WITH SOME ACCELERATION AS IT
MOVES TO THE SOUTH OF AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE.  THE FORECAST TRACK
FOLLOWS THE GFDL AND MEDIUM BAM.

DEMARIA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     16/2100Z 12.5N 115.7W    60 KTS
12HR VT     17/0600Z 12.7N 116.9W    65 KTS
24HR VT     17/1800Z 13.0N 118.6W    70 KTS
36HR VT     18/0600Z 13.5N 120.5W    75 KTS
48HR VT     18/1800Z 14.2N 122.7W    75 KTS
72HR VT     19/1800Z 15.5N 127.1W    70 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.