

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id VAA229238;
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:12:30 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5996471 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:10:59 +1900
Received: from twister.lib.siu.edu (twister.lib.siu.edu [131.230.72.8]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id VAA88130 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:10:58 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by twister.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.5) id VAA18086
for [email-masked]; Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:10:45 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:10:59 +1900
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Discussion Number  58
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: d0a9f0bc8c8ca7f89bf2154f415d702f
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1313
Status: OR

323
WTPA44 PHNL 140300
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER  58
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST WED AUG 13 1997

GUILLERMO HAS SHOWN A BRIEF PERIOD OF INTENSIFICATION TODAY OVER A
POCKET OF WARMER WATER. IT MAY ALSO BE RESPONDING TO INCREASED
OUTFLOW IN THE NORTH SEMICIRCLE AS IT MOVES CLOSER TO AN UPPER
TROUGH TO ITS NORTHWEST. REGARDLESS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE NORTHWEST
AT 15 MPH TOWARDS MUCH COOLER WATER AND THEREFORE RENEWED
WEAKENING IS FORECAST AFTER 24 HOURS. GUILLERMO IS EXPECTED TO
TRANSITION TO AN EXTRATROPICAL SYSTEM DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.
LARSON

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL   14/0300Z 33.4N 154.5W    55 KTS
12HR VT   14/1200Z 34.8N 156.3W    55 KTS
24HR VT   15/0000Z 37.0N 158.8W    45 KTS
36HR VT   15/1200Z 39.4N 161.3W    35 KTS...BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
48HR VT   16/0000Z 42.3N 163.7W    35 KTS...EXTRATROPICAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.