

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA39110;
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 02:15:55 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7193078 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 02:15:51 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA17586 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 02:15:51 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA11215
for [email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 02:15:50 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 4 Dec 1997 02:15:50 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 8
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 1f91f1d33b209722f45d47cfe71d4f03
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

385
WTPA31 PHNL 040900
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER 8
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST WED DEC 03 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA 1100 MILES FROM HAWAII NOT A THREAT...

AT 11 PM HST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  8.8 NORTH...LONGITUDE 169.6 WEST
OR ABOUT 1100 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 7 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  50 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  SOME
STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 115 MILES
FROM THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS  996 MB...29.41 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 PM HST POSITION... 8.8 N...169.6 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NORTHWEST NEAR  7 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 50 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 996 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 AM HST...THURSDAY.

ROSENDAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.