

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id QAA26840;
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 16:57:00 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6147680 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 30 Aug 1997 16:56:56 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id QAA17094 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 30 Aug 1997 16:56:55 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.6) id QAA05296
for [email-masked]; Sat, 30 Aug 1997 16:56:55 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 30 Aug 1997 16:56:55 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 7fc2572ac48865e042f629b31664bbfe
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1226
Status: OR

334
ABPA20 PHNL 302200
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210 PM HST SAT AUG 30 1997

THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL DEPRESSION JIMENA WERE CENTERED NEAR 22N
145W AT 11 AM HST. THIS WAS ABOUT 680 MILES EAST/NORTHEAST OF HILO.
THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST/NORTHWESTWARD AT 10 TO 15 MPH. IT WILL BE
MONITORED FOR ANY SIGNS OF REGENERATION.

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE WAS CENTERED NEAR 12.1N 171.5W AT 11 AM HST.
THIS WAS 1100 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU. THERE IS ACTIVE CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISTURBANCE...MOST OF IT WITHIN 85 MILES OF THE
POSITION GIVEN ABOVE. THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN MOVING SLOWLY WESTWARD.
THIS AREA WILL BE MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.

THERE ARE NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS AT THIS TIME.

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.