

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id BAA17624;
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 01:33:24 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7353647 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 18 Dec 1997 01:33:18 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id BAA15254 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 18 Dec 1997 01:32:28 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA09970
for [email-masked]; Thu, 18 Dec 1997 01:32:26 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 18 Dec 1997 01:32:26 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 7a38f7a69171aba1c9df554edc4c0d91
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

122
ABPW10 PGTW 180600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
WESTERN PACIFIC OCEAN/180600Z/190600Z DEC 97//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GUAM 180151Z DEC 97//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 180000Z9, SUPER TYPHOON PAKA (05C) WAS
LOCATED AT 14.3N8 139.7E0 AND WAS MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST-NORTHWEST A
T 9 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 160 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 195 KN
OTS. SEE REF A (SUPER TYPHOON PAKA (05C) WARNING NR 63 (WTPN31 PGTW 18
0300)) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION AND A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION IS LOCATE
D NEAR 4N4 159E5. THIS SURFACE CIRCULATION IS APPARENT IN THE ANIMATED
VISUAL IMAGERY. CONVECTION IS NOT ORGANIZED AT THIS TIME AND UPPER LE
VEL WINDS DERIVED FROM WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATE MODERATE EAST TO W
EST VERTICAL SHEAR ACROSS THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMA
TED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1
007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) A WEAK AREA OF CONVECTION AND A SURFACE CIRCULATION IS LOCATED N
EAR 4N4 172E0.  SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE A WELL DEFINED CIRCULATION IS PRES
ENT, BUT VERY LITTLE DEEP CONVECTION EXIST AT THIS TIME. THE SURFACE C
IRCULATION IS ALSO EVIDENT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.