

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id JAA03516;
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:31:35 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5999686 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:31:27 +1900
Received: from twister.lib.siu.edu (twister.lib.siu.edu [131.230.72.8]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id JAA110692 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:31:08 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by twister.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.6) id JAA24372
for [email-masked]; Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:30:54 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:31:27 +1900
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Advisory Number  60
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: d2620df12f354718a0b0717801dc2c43
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1662
Status: OR

814
WTPA34 PHNL 141500
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER  60
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST THU AUG 14 1997

...GUILLERMO CONTINUES TO MOVE NORTHWEST OVER THE OPEN OCEAN FAR
NORTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 35.2 NORTH...LONGITUDE 156.9 WEST
OR ABOUT 950 MILES NORTH OF HONOLULU.

GUILLERMO IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS.
GUILLERMO IS EXPECTED TO BECOME EXTRATROPICAL IN ANOTHER 24 TO 48
HOURS AS IT MOVES INTO THE HIGHER LATITUDES.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 50 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  SOME
WEAKENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 175 MILES FROM THE
CENTER IN THE NORTHERN SEMICIRCLE AND ABOUT 30 MILES TO THE SOUTH.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1000 MB...29.53 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION...35.2 N...156.9 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...50 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1000 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE
CENTER AT 11 AM HST.

ROSENDAL  NWS HNL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.