

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA19944;
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 02:53:41 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7216379 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 6 Dec 1997 02:53:36 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA32704 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 6 Dec 1997 02:53:34 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA05387
for [email-masked]; Sat, 6 Dec 1997 02:53:33 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 6 Dec 1997 02:53:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 16
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: a6b51a024416fbb02e8d0c913a76e5fa
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

923
WTPA31 PHNL 060900
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER 16
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST FRI DEC 5 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA HEADS RAPIDLY TOWARD THE DATELINE...

AT 11 PM HST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  9.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 178.8 WEST
OR ABOUT 1600 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 18 MPH AND THIS MOTION IS
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 40 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
LITTLE CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES
FROM THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1000MB OR 29.53 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 PM HST POSITION...9.0N 178.8W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD WEST NEAR 18 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 40 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 1000 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 AM HST SATURDAY.

MATSUDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.