

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id WAA55222;
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:24:35 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5869452 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:24:28 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id WAA38550 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:24:26 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.7.5/8.7.3) id WAA25077
for [email-masked]; Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:24:26 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:24:28 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Depression Dolores Discussion Number  22
[110323]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 94eaeda8a63633c0ef9fdca86c131371
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
Content-Length: 1458
Status: OR

832
WTPZ41 KNHC 110323
TCDEP1
TROPICAL DEPRESSION DOLORES DISCUSSION NUMBER  22
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
8 PM PDT THU JUL 10 1997

SOME DEEP CONVECTION HAS RETURNED IN A CLUSTER A LITTLE OVER 1
DEGREE LATITUDE NORTH OF THE CENTER.  USING THE SHEAR PATTERN WITH
THE DVORAK TECHNIQUE YIELDS A T-NUMBER OF 1.0.  THE CURRENT
INTENSITY IS SET AT 30 KNOTS...THUS DOLORES IS DOWNGRADED TO A
TROPICAL DEPRESSION.  CONTINUED GRADUAL WEAKENING IS FORECAST AS IN
EARLIER ADVISORIES.  THE SYSTEM WILL PROBABLY BE DISSIPATING BY 36
HOURS...OR SOONER.

MOVEMENT CONTINUES SLIGHTLY NORTH OF WEST AT ABOUT 14 KNOTS.  THIS
GENERAL MOTION IS LIKELY TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT DAY OR TWO AS THE
CYCLONE IS STEERED BY LOW-LEVEL EASTERLY WINDS IN ITS ENVIRONMENT.

PASCH

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     11/0300Z 19.4N 137.6W    30 KTS
12HR VT     11/1200Z 19.9N 139.7W    30 KTS
24HR VT     12/0000Z 20.5N 142.5W    25 KTS
36HR VT     12/1200Z 21.0N 145.0W    20 KTS...DISSIPATING
48HR VT     13/0000Z...DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.