

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id VAA68132;
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 21:34:49 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6020815 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 8 Aug 1997 21:34:40 -0500
Received: from twister.lib.siu.edu (twister.lib.siu.edu [131.230.72.8]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id VAA226742 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 8 Aug 1997 21:34:25 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by twister.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.5) id VAA13483
for [email-masked]; Fri, 8 Aug 1997 21:34:13 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 8 Aug 1997 21:34:40 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Guillermo Discussion Number  38
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: a30f63337e3608e0568c94b37d7d8acc
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1268
Status: OR

615
WTPZ44 KNHC 090230
TCDEP4
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER  38
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
8 PM PDT FRI AUG 08 1997

A SINGLE BAND OF DEEP CONVECTION PERSISTS OVER THE EASTERN
SEMICIRCLE AND LIKELY CONTAINS THE STRONGEST WINDS...NEAR 50
KT...NOW IN GUILLERMO.

THE STORM IS STILL MOVING TOWARD 305/11 KT AND LITTLE CHANGE IS MADE
TO THE NHC NORTHWESTERLY TRACK FORECAST FROM SIX HOURS AGO.  MOST
GUIDANCE ALSO SHOWS A CONTINUATION OF THE CURRENT MOTION THROUGH 48
HOURS...BY WHICH TIME GUILLERMO COULD BE DECLARED DISSIPATED.

RAPPAPORT

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     09/0300Z 20.4N 138.4W    50 KTS
12HR VT     09/1200Z 21.4N 139.8W    40 KTS
24HR VT     10/0000Z 22.6N 141.5W    30 KTS
36HR VT     10/1200Z 23.8N 143.1W    25 KTS
48HR VT     11/0000Z 25.0N 144.7W    25 KTS...DISSIPATING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.