

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA203728;
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:36:09 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6009085 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:35:56 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAB203690 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:35:55 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.7.5/8.7.3) id PAA26022
for [email-masked]; Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:35:54 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:35:56 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression One-c Discussion Number   4
[272100]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

546
WTPA41 PHNL 272100
TROPICAL DEPRESSION ONE-C DISCUSSION NUMBER   4
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST SUN JUL 27 1997

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH THAT DEVELOPED NORTHWEST OF HAWAII DUG TO
THE SOUTH LAST NIGHT. A WEAK SUBTROPICAL JETSTREAM THAT FORMED ON
THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF THE TROUGH SHEARED OFF THE TOP OF ONE-C
LEAVING ONLY A LOW LEVEL SPIRAL EMBEDDED IN THE TRADE FLOW.
ALTHOUGH ONE-C IS MOVING OVER WARM WATER...AM FORECASTING IT TO
DISSIPATE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. THE FORECAST KEEPS THE SYSTEM ON A
WESTERLY TRACK AT ABOUT 14 KNOTS. CRAIG.

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     27/2100Z 10.2N 169.2W    25 KTS
12HR VT     28/0600Z 10.4N 171.5W    20 KTS DISSIPATING
24HR VT     28/1800Z 10.7N 174.5W    .......DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.