

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id SAA49918;
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 18:07:01 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6940774 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 18:06:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id SAA47334 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 18:06:55 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id SAA15975
for [email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 18:06:55 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 9 Nov 1997 18:06:55 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Rick Intermediate Advisory Number  10a
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: fa9c5d641c7c172e050ced4715ffc2a4
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

600
WTPZ34 KNHC 100008
TCPEP4
BULLETIN
HURRICANE RICK INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER  10A
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
4 PM PST SUN NOV 09 1997

...RICK NEAR THE COAST OF MEXICO...

A HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM EAST OF ACAPULCO TO HUATULCO
MEXICO.

AT 4 PM PST...0000Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE RICK WAS LOCATED NEAR
LATITUDE 15.9 NORTH...LONGITUDE  97.3 WEST OR NEAR THE COAST VERY
CLOSE TO PUERTO ESCONDIDO MEXICO.

RICK IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH...20
KM/HR...AND THIS GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE...BRINGING
THE HURRICANE INLAND TONIGHT.  HURRICANE CONDITIONS INCLUDING HEAVY
RAIN...STRONG WINDS AND COASTAL FLOODING...ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE
FOR A FEW MORE HOURS AND THEN CONDITIONS SHOULD BEGIN TO IMPROVE.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  85 MPH...140 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  WEAKENING IS EXPECTED AS THE HURRICANE MOVES INLAND.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO  35 MILES... 55 KM...
FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP
TO 115 MILES...185 KM.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS  980 MB...28.94 INCHES.

RICK IS EXPECTED TO BRING HEAVY RAINS...5 TO 10 INCHES...TO AREAS
NEAR ITS PATH.  THESE RAINS COULD CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH
FLOODS AND MUD SLIDES.

STORM SURGE FLOODING OF 2 TO 4 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE LEVELS
OCCURING TO THE EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE HURRICANE WILL SOON BEGIN
TO DIMINISH.

REPEATING THE 4 PM PST POSITION...15.9 N... 97.3 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 85 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 980 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER AT
7 PM PST.

LAWRENCE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.