

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id DAA92320;
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 03:31:08 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5991116 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 13 Aug 1997 03:31:02 +1900
Received: from twister.lib.siu.edu (twister.lib.siu.edu [131.230.72.8]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id DAA93536 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 13 Aug 1997 03:30:49 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by twister.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.5) id DAA03807
for [email-masked]; Wed, 13 Aug 1997 03:30:36 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 13 Aug 1997 03:31:02 +1900
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Advisory Number 55
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: c518cf37cc02909ee6dbeb990d7cd505
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1579
Status: OR

520
WTPA34 PHNL 130900
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER 55
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST TUE AUG 12 1997

...TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO MOVING WESTWARD OVER THE OPEN OCEAN
WELL NORTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...

AT 11 PM HST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 31.1 NORTH...LONGITUDE 151.1 WEST
OR ABOUT 790 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU.

GUILLERMO IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST AT 12 MPH AND THIS MOTION IS
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 45 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  LITTLE
CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 200 MILES IN THE
NORTHERN QUADRANTS AND ABOUT 50 MILES TO THE SOUTH.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1004 MB...29.65 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 PM HST POSITION...31.1 N...151.1 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST AT 12 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 45 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1004 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 AM HST...WEDNESDAY.

ROSENDAL  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.