

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id QAA25700;
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:53:22 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6139274 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:53:16 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id QAA27460 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:53:15 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.6) id QAA03625
for [email-masked]; Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:51:36 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:51:36 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 1e3742fc90b22f9828d7c73b4bd4745a
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1384
Status: OR

102
ABPA20 PHNL 292200
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210 PM HST FRI AUG 29 1997

TROPICAL DEPRESSION JIMENA NEAR 20.3N 141.2W AT 1030 AM HST...AROUND
870 MILES EAST OF HILO...IS MOVING WEST AT 12 MPH. THIS SYSTEM HAS
COLLAPSED LITERALLY OVERNIGHT...WITH THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY SHEARED
300 MILES OR MORE NORTHEAST OF THE CIRCULATION CENTER.  JIMENA HAS
CROSSED 140W AND INTO THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER AREA OF
RESPONSIBILITY.  SEE THE LATEST WTPA22 PHNL...WTPA32 PHNL...AND
WTPA42 PHNL BULLETINS FOR DETAILS.

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 13N 169W...ABOUT 950 MILES SOUTHWEST
OF HONOLULU...IS NEARLY STATIONARY.  AN AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS
PERSISTS WITHIN 90 MILES OF THE CIRCULATION CENTER.  THIS SYSTEM IS
BEING MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED IN THE
NORTH CENTRAL PACIFIC THROUGH FRIDAY.

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.