

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id DAA12842;
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 03:38:23 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6132724 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 29 Aug 1997 03:38:19 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id DAA17656 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 29 Aug 1997 03:38:02 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.6) id DAA01513
for [email-masked]; Fri, 29 Aug 1997 03:36:34 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 29 Aug 1997 03:36:34 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Jimena Discussion Number  16
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 506f61d1878d9cb48e63daf525d69986
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1730
Status: OR

885
WTPZ42 KNHC 290837
TCDEP2
HURRICANE JIMENA DISCUSSION NUMBER  16
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
2 AM PDT FRI AUG 29 1997

LAST AVAILABLE GOES9 IMAGE WAS AT 0400Z. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO
LOCATE THE CENTER OF JIMENA SINCE THE CONVECTION AND THE MID-LEVEL
CENTER APPEARS TO BE RACING TOWARD THE NORTH-NORTHEAST. ON THE OTHER
HAND...ANIMATION OF LOW CLOUDS SUGGESTS THAT THE CENTER OF JIMENA
MAY BE MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH-NORTHWEST. INDICATIONS ARE THAT
JIMENA IS WEAKENING FAST...BUT DVORAK T-NUMBERS ARE STILL HIGH DUE
TO THE TECHNIQUE CONSTRAINTS.  ALTHOUGH...JIMENA CERTAINLY DOES NOT
LOOK LIKE AS 90-KNOT HURRICANE ON THE LATEST SATELLITE IMAGE...I AM
NOT ABOUT TO MAKE A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE ON THE TRACK OR THE INTENSITY
FORECAST WITH OLD SATELLITE IMAGES.  JIMENA MAY BE JUST A SWIRL OF
LOW CLOUDS WHEN VIS PICTURES BECOME AVAILABLE LATER TODAY.  FOR
NOW...THIS FORECAST IS AN UPDATE OF THE PREVIOUS ONE.

NOTE: REMAP GOES8 IMAGES SUGGEST THAT JIMENA IS SHEARING RAPIDLY.
AVILA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     29/0900Z 20.6N 138.7W    90 KTS
12HR VT     29/1800Z 22.0N 139.5W    75 KTS
24HR VT     30/0600Z 23.5N 140.0W    55 KTS
36HR VT     30/1800Z 25.0N 140.0W    45 KTS
48HR VT     31/0600Z 26.0N 140.0W    35 KTS
72HR VT     01/0600Z 27.5N 139.5W    25 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.