

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA49814;
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 20:21:18 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6931811 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 8 Nov 1997 20:21:09 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id UAA14210 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Nov 1997 20:21:08 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA11726
for [email-masked]; Sat, 8 Nov 1997 20:21:07 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 8 Nov 1997 20:21:07 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Rick Advisory Number   6
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 7efd67580c17f437369bb23ba69dfc3e
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

079
WTPZ34 KNHC 090222
TCPEP4
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM RICK ADVISORY NUMBER   6
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
7 PM PST SAT NOV 08 1997

...RICK A LITTLE STRONGER...EXPECTED TO REACH THE COAST OF MEXICO ON
SUNDAY...

AT 7 PM PST...0300Z...THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO HAS ISSUED A TROPICAL
STORM WARNING AND A HURRICANE WATCH FROM LAZARO CARDENAS TO PUERTO
ESCONDIDO...INCLUDING ACAPULCO.  INTERESTS WITHIN THE WARNING AREA
SHOULD BE READY TO TAKE QUICK ACTIONS.

AT 7 PM PST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM RICK WAS LOCATED
NEAR LATITUDE 14.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE 101.7 WEST OR ABOUT 200 MILES
...325 KM...SOUTHWEST OF ACAPULCO MEXICO.

RICK IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH...20 KM/HR...AND
THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS. ON
THIS TRACK... THE CENTER OF RICK SHOULD BE NEAR THE COAST OF MEXICO
WITHIN THE WARNING AREA BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON.  HOWEVER...WEATHER
CONDITIONS SHOULD BEGIN TO DETERIORATE BY SUNDAY MORNING.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO NEAR  65 MPH...100
KM/HR...WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS
FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO  85 MILES
...140 KM FROM THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS  996 MB...29.41 INCHES.

RICK IS EXPECTED TO BRING HEAVY RAINS...5 TO 10 INCHES...TO AREAS
ALREADY AFFECTED BY PREVIOUS TROPICAL SYSTEMS THIS YEAR.   THIS
COULD CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS AND MUDSLIDES.

REPEATING THE 7 PM PST POSITION...14.5 N...101.7 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 65 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...996 MB.

AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER AT 10 PM PST FOLLOWED BY THE NEXT COMPLETE ADVISORY AT 1 AM
PST...SUNDAY.

AVILA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.