

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id OAA43218;
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:31:51 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7210348 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:31:47 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id OAA37734 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:31:17 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA01454
for [email-masked]; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:31:15 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:31:15 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Discussion Number  14
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 52ee48a5d335dcae96efa7a80f487609
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

104
WTPA41 PHNL 052100
TROPICAL STORM PAKA DISCUSSION NUMBER  14
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST FRI DEC 05 1997

THE CENTER OF PAKA IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE...ESPECIALLY ON
INFRA-RED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THIS FACT IS REINFORCED BY THE WIDELY
DIVERGENT SATELLITE FIXES FROM GLOBAL WEATHER CENTER AND THIS
OFFICE. HOPEFULLY VISIBLE IMAGERY WILL HELP PINPOINT THE CENTER
FOR THE NEXT FORECAST PACKAGE. IN THE MEANTIME...THE 18Z POSITION
SPLITS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO FIXES AND MAINTAINS A SLOW
MOTION SLIGHTLY NORTH OF DUE WEST IN THE TRADEWIND BELT. THE BULK
OF OBJECTIVE AIDS KEEP PAKA ON A SLIGHT MORE NORTHWARD TRACK THAN
THE OFFICIAL TRACK. CONDITIONS REMAIN UNFAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT
...AND IN FACT A GRADUAL WEAKENING IS FORECAST THROUGH THE NEXT 24
HOURS. CRAIG.

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     05/2100Z  9.8N 174.0W    45 KTS
12HR VT     06/0600Z 10.0N 175.0W    40 KTS
24HR VT     06/1800Z 10.3N 176.4W    35 KTS
36HR VT     07/0600Z 10.7N 177.7W    35 KTS
48HR VT     07/1800Z 11.0N 179.5W    35 KTS
72HR VT     08/1800Z 11.8N 176.7E    35 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.