

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA28522;
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:34:44 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7173666 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:34:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA38924 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:33:56 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id PAA01950
for [email-masked]; Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:32:20 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:32:20 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Forecast/advisory Number   2
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 151891b52a4d505c170b8bfddf181a1c
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

373
WTPA21 PHNL 022100
TROPICAL STORM PAKA FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER   2
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI   CP0597
2100Z TUE DEC 02 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA UPGRADED FROM TROPICAL DEPRESSION FIVE-C...

TROPICAL STORM CENTER LOCATED NEAR  7.5N 166.9W AT 02/2100Z.
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN  40 NM. PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE WEST
NORTHWEST OR 295 DEGREES AT  4 KT.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 1007 MB.
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS  35 KT WITH GUSTS TO  40 KT.
RADIUS 34 KT....... 30NE  30SE  30SW  30NW.
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES.

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR  7.5N 166.9W AT 02/2100Z.
AT 02/1800Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR  7.4N 166.7W.

FORECAST VALID 03/0600Z  7.7N 167.4W
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  40 KT
34 KT... 45NE  45SE  45SW  45NW

FORECAST VALID 03/1800Z  8.2N 168.2W
MAX WIND  40 KT...GUSTS  50 KT
34 KT... 60NE  60SE  60SW  60NW

FORECAST VALID 04/0600Z  8.6N 169.1W
MAX WIND  45 KT...GUSTS  55 KT
34 KT... 60NE  60SE  60SW  60NW

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF  7.5N 166.9W

EXTENDED OUTLOOK...USE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY...ERRORS MAY BE LARGE

OUTLOOK VALID 04/1800Z  9.3N 170.1W
MAX WIND  50 KT...GUSTS  60 KT
50 KT... 10NE  10SE  10SW  10NW

OUTLOOK VALID 05/1800Z 10.0N 172.2W
MAX WIND  60 KT...GUSTS  70 KT
50 KT... 20NE  20SE  20SW  20NW

NEXT ADVISORY AT 03/0300Z

ROSENDAL CPHC HONOLULU HAWAII

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.