

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA26682;
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:34:34 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6934572 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:34:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA31306 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:33:20 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA12919
for [email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:33:19 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:33:19 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Rick Forecast/advisory Number   8
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: ec558331464fb1e826f92f6b747f70ee
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

905
WTPZ24 KNHC 090833
TCMEP4
HURRICANE RICK FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER   8
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL   EP1997
0900Z SUN NOV 09 1997

HURRICANE WARNINGS REMAIN IN EFFECT FROM LAZARO CARDENAS TO PUERTO
ESCONDIDO...INCLUDING ACAPULCO.

HURRICANE CENTER LOCATED NEAR 15.3N 100.5W AT 09/0900Z
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN  45 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE NORTHEAST OR  55 DEGREES AT 11 KT

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE  984 MB
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS  70 KT WITH GUSTS TO  85 KT
64 KT....... 20NE  20SE  20SW  20NW
50 KT....... 40NE  40SE  40SW  40NW
34 KT.......100NE 100SE 100SW 100NW
12 FT SEAS..150NE 150SE 150SW 150NW
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR 15.3N 100.5W AT 09/0900Z
AT 09/0600Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR 15.0N 100.9W

FORECAST VALID 09/1800Z 16.2N  99.1W
MAX WIND  80 KT...GUSTS  95 KT
64 KT... 20NE  20SE  20SW  20NW
50 KT... 40NE  40SE  40SW  40NW
34 KT...100NE 100SE 100SW 100NW

FORECAST VALID 10/0600Z 17.6N  96.8W...INLAND
MAX WIND  40 KT...GUSTS  50 KT
34 KT... 50NE  50SE  50SW  50NW

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 15.3N 100.5W

NEXT ADVISORY AT 09/1500Z

JARVINEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.