

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id OAA28430;
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 14:39:03 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6939256 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 14:38:50 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id OAA30916 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 14:38:49 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA15253
for [email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 14:38:47 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 9 Nov 1997 14:38:47 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Rick Forecast/advisory Number  10
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: a9dc55d76a95219cc4bc24152f721799
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

017
WTPZ24 KNHC 092040
TCMEP4
HURRICANE RICK FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER  10
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL   EP1997
2100Z SUN NOV 09 1997

A HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT EAST OF ACAPULCO TO HUATULCO
MEXICO.  PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY SHOULD BE RUSHED
TO COMPLETION.

HURRICANE CENTER LOCATED NEAR 15.7N  98.1W AT 09/2100Z
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN  45 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE EAST-NORTHEAST OR  65 DEGREES AT 11 KT

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE  980 MB
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS  75 KT WITH GUSTS TO  90 KT
64 KT....... 30NE  30SE  30SW  30NW
50 KT....... 50NE  50SE  50SW  50NW
34 KT.......100NE 100SE 100SW 100NW
12 FT SEAS..100NE 200SE 100SW 100NW
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR 15.7N  98.1W AT 09/2100Z
AT 09/1800Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR 15.5N  98.6W

FORECAST VALID 10/0600Z 16.5N  96.5W...INLAND
MAX WIND  50 KT...GUSTS  60 KT
50 KT... 30NE  30SE  30SW  30NW
34 KT... 50NE 100SE 100SW  50NW

FORECAST VALID 10/1800Z 17.6N  94.8W...DISSIPATING
MAX WIND  30 KT...GUSTS  40 KT

FORECAST VALID 11/0600Z 18.5N  93.0W...DISSIPATING
MAX WIND  20 KT...GUSTS  30 KT

A STORM SURGE OF 2 TO 4 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE LEVELS WILL OCCUR TO
THE RIGHT OF WHERE THE EYE MAKES LANDFALL.  IN ADDITION...LARGE
WAVES RIDING ON TOP OF THE STORM SURGE WILL BATTER COASTAL
STRUCTURES.

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 15.7N  98.1W

EXTENDED OUTLOOK...USE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY...ERRORS MAY BE LARGE

FORECAST VALID 11/1800Z...DISSIPATED

NEXT ADVISORY AT 10/0300Z

PASCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.