

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id TAA26628;
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 19:56:58 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7122075 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 26 Nov 1997 19:56:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id TAA26850 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 26 Nov 1997 19:56:28 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA09859
for [email-masked]; Wed, 26 Nov 1997 19:56:28 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 26 Nov 1997 19:56:28 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 1efa896cdee8d012af24ac3ac079802c
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

158
ABPA20 PHNL 270200
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
4 PM HST WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 26 1997

A WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ABOUT 975 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HILO...NEAR
09N 146W...IS MOVING WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.  THERE IS NO SIGNIFICANT
CONVECTION NEAR THE CIRCULATION CENTER. THE DISTURBANCE IS NOT
EXPECTED TO DEVELOP BEYOND ITS CURRENT INTENSITY. HOWEVER...WE WILL
CONTINUE TO MONITOR IT FOR ANY SIGNS OF STRENGTHENING.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING NOW. IF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES DEVELOP BETWEEN THESE DATES...THE CENTRAL
PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL BEGIN ISSUING BULLETINS.

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.