

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA48306;
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:04:49 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7186964 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:04:08 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA48368 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:03:51 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id PAA07225
for [email-masked]; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:03:22 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:03:22 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Forecast/advisory Number 6
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 79accdd2dfde5681e92162f052b2d0c8
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

111
WTPA21 PHNL 032100
TROPICAL STORM PAKA FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER 6
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI   CP0597
2100Z WED DEC 03 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA IS FARAWAY FROM HAWAII AND IS NOT A
THREAT...

TROPICAL STORM CENTER LOCATED NEAR 8.6N 169.1W AT 03/2100Z
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 40 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST OR 285 DEGREES AT 11 KT

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 996 MB
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS 45 KT WITH GUSTS TO 55 KT
34 KT.......100NE  60SE  60SW 100NW
12 FT SEAS..100NE  60SE  60SW 100NW
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR  8.6N 169.1W AT 03/2100Z
AT 03/1800Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR  8.5N 168.6W

FORECAST VALID 04/0600Z 9.0N 170.8W
MAX WIND 45 KT...GUSTS 65 KT
34 KT...100NE  75SE  75SW 100NW

FORECAST VALID 04/1800Z 9.6N 173.0W
MAX WIND 50 KT...GUSTS 70 KT
50 KT... 15NE  15SE  15SW  15NW
34 KT...120NE  75SE  75SW 120NW

FORECAST VALID 05/0600Z 10.3N 175.3W
MAX WIND 55 KT...GUSTS 70 KT
50 KT... 15NE  15SE  15SW  15NW
34 KT...120NE  80SE  80SW 120NW

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 09N 169W

EXTENDED OUTLOOK...USE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY...ERRORS MAY BE LARGE

OUTLOOK VALID 05/1800Z 11.1N 177.9W
MAX WIND 50 KT...GUSTS 65 KT
50 KT... 10NE  10SE  10SW  10NW

OUTLOOK VALID 06/1800Z 12.9N 176.8E
MAX WIND 45 KT...GUSTS 55 KT

NEXT ADVISORY AT 04/0300Z

MATSUDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.