

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA210032;
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 15:27:25 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6064455 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 2 Aug 1997 15:27:20 -0500
Received: from twister.lib.siu.edu (twister.lib.siu.edu [131.230.72.8]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA02650 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 2 Aug 1997 15:27:19 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by twister.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.5) id PAA29373
for [email-masked]; Sat, 2 Aug 1997 15:27:09 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 2 Aug 1997 15:27:20 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Guillermo Discussion Number  13 [022006]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 56ee20b4810053c0c67425350af94676
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
Content-Length: 1639
Status: OR

168
WTPZ44 KNHC 022006
TCDEP4
HURRICANE GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER  13
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
2 PM PDT SAT AUG 02 1997

THE EYE FINALLY APPEARED ON BOTH IR AND VISIBLE IMAGES. OBJECTIVE T-
NUMBERS ARE OSCILLATING AROUND 6.0 WHILE THE SUBJECTIVE NUMBERS ARE
BETWEEN 5.0 AND 5.5 ON THE DVORAK SCALE.  WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO
105 KNOTS AT THIS TIME AND THE P3 NOAA PLANE STUDYING GUILLERMO WILL
PROBABLY GIVE US A DIRECT MEASUREMENT OF THE MINIMUM PRESSURE AND
WINDS LATER TODAY. SOME ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING IS EXPECTED SINCE
THERE IS NOTHING IN THE ENVIRONMENT..THAT WE CAN SEE...TO STOP THE
INTENSIFICATION PROCESS.

INITIAL MOTION...FOLLOWING THE EYE...IS ABOUT 270/10.  A LARGE HIGH
PRESSURE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE ANCHORED OVER THE WESTERN
UNITED STATES. THIS PATTERN WILL KEEP GUILLERMO ON A WEST TO WEST
NORTHWEST TRACK THROUGH 72 HOURS.  GUIDANCE IS IN AGREEMENT.

AVILA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     02/2100Z 13.2N 107.6W   105 KTS
12HR VT     03/0600Z 13.3N 109.1W   110 KTS
24HR VT     03/1800Z 13.5N 111.2W   110 KTS
36HR VT     04/0600Z 13.8N 113.5W   110 KTS
48HR VT     04/1800Z 14.0N 115.5W   110 KTS
72HR VT     05/1800Z 15.0N 120.0W   110 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.