

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA84848;
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:32:03 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5987509 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:31:48 +1900
Received: from twister.lib.siu.edu (twister.lib.siu.edu [131.230.72.8]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA158110 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:31:11 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by twister.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.5) id PAA28466
for [email-masked]; Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:30:57 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:31:48 +1900
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Advisory Number 53
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: bc3da98f18ef5068c2b519d9713ce8b6
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1505
Status: OR

227
WTPA34 PHNL 122100
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER 53
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST TUE AUG 12 1997

...TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO MOVING WEST NORTHWEST OVER THE OPEN
OCEAN FAR NORTHEAST OF HAWAII...

AT 11 AM HST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 30.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE 148.6 WEST
OR ABOUT 850 MILES NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU.

GUILLERMO IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH
AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 45 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  WINDS
ARE EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY DECREASE OVER THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF
THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1004 MB...29.65 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 AM HST POSITION...30.5 N...148.6 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS...45 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1004 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 PM HST.

LARSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.