

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id VAA40096;
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:02:38 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7190411 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:02:32 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id VAA50288 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:01:51 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id VAA10247
for [email-masked]; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:01:20 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:01:20 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 7
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: e1b7f7abaa56a63750753309afa5a927
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

471
WTPA31 PHNL 040300
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER 7
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST WED DEC 3 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA 1100 MILES FROM HAWAII NOT A THREAT...

AT 5 PM HST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  8.6 NORTH...LONGITUDE 169.1 WEST
OR ABOUT 1100 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 13 MPH AND THIS
MOTION
IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 50 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
SOME STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 115 MILES FROM
THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 996MB OR 29.41 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 PM HST POSITION 8.6N 169.1W.  MOVEMENT TOWARD THE
WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 13 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 50 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 996MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 PM HST.

MATSUDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.