

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id IAA30816;
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:10:45 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7195156 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:10:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id IAA39150 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:10:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id IAA12354
for [email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:10:32 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:10:32 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Discussion Number 9
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 971860df652acb386d0d42b7455494fa
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

921
WTPA41 PHNL 041500
TROPICAL STORM PAKA DISCUSSION NUMBER 9
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST THU DEC 04 1997

TROPICAL STORM PAKA IS MOVING SLOWLY ALONG A WEST NORTHWEST AWAY
FROM THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE STEERING FLOW REMAINS WEAK AND THE
DEEP LAYER MEAN FLOW OVER THE AREA SHOWS LITTLE CHANGE FOR ANOTHER
24 TO 48 HOURS. PAKA RETAINS ITS NICE CIRCULAR SHAPE WITH NEITHER
EASTERLIES NOR WESTERLIES DOMINATING. OUTFLOW IN PARTICULAR TOWARD
THE SOUTHERLY QUADRANTS LOOKS BETTER WITH GOOD STRIATIONS SHOWING
IN THE CIRRUS FOR A NUMBER OF HOURS. THIS USUALLY A GOOD LEADING
INDICATOR OF FURTHER DEEPENING SO WILL SLOWLY BOOST THE INTENSITY
TOWARD THE HURRICANE STRENGTH THRESHOLD AS PAKA APPROACHES THE
DATELINE.  ROSENDAL

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     04/1500Z  9.2N 170.3W    45 KTS
12HR VT     05/0000Z  9.4N 171.0W    50 KTS
24HR VT     05/1200Z  9.9N 172.3W    55 KTS
36HR VT     06/0000Z 10.5N 174.1W    60 KTS
48HR VT     06/1200Z 11.1N 176.4W    60 KTS
72HR VT     07/1200Z 12.0N 178.8E    65 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.