

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id JAA92344;
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:49:20 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6033225 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:49:15 -0500
Received: from twister.lib.siu.edu (twister.lib.siu.edu [131.230.72.8]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id JAA171170 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:49:14 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by twister.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.5) id JAA00249
for [email-masked]; Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:49:00 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:49:15 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Guillermo Discussion Number 48
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 6b29f0023a6fcbc1557d940af0799a48
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1386
Status: OR

816
WTPA44 PHNL 111500
TROPICAL DEPRESSION GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER 48
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST MON AUG 11 1997

NO CHANGE TO PREVIOUS THINKING...GUILLERMO STILL EXPECTED TO TURN
MORE WESTERLY WHEN IT LOSES SOME OF ITS CONVECTIVE BONNET. INITIAL
PROJECTED PATH ALIGNED ALONG BAMS WITH A LEAN TOWARD BAMM.
THEREAFTER A GRADUALIZED SHIFT TOWARD THE AVIATION MODELS MORE
WESTERLY TRACK. WE CONTINUE TO BE CONSERVATIVE IN GUILLERMOS
DEMISE WITH FIRMING PRESSURES TO GUILLERMOS NORTH MAINTAINING
A 30 KNOT GRADIENT...SHIP WITHIN 150 MILES OF DEPRESSION HAS
REPORTED 30 KNOTS.  MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     11/1500Z 28.0N 143.7W    30 KTS
12HR VT     12/0000Z 29.0N 144.8W    30 KTS
24HR VT     12/1200Z 29.9N 146.9W    30 KTS
36HR VT     13/0000Z 30.5N 149.3W    30 KTS...DISSIPATING
48HR VT     13/1200Z 31.0N 152.0W    25 KTS...DISSIPATING
72HR VT     14/1200Z 31.9N 158.1W    20 KTS...DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.