

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA19684;
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:34:21 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6934549 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:34:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA26634 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:32:20 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA12915
for [email-masked]; Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:32:19 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:32:19 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Rick Advisory Number   8
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 23d13716203171ed63e6cba4a1684287
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

889
WTPZ34 KNHC 090832
TCPEP4
BULLETIN
HURRICANE RICK ADVISORY NUMBER   8
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
1 AM PST SUN NOV 09 1997

..HURRICANE RICK EXPECTED TO REACH THE COAST OF MEXICO LATER TODAY..

HURRICANE WARNINGS REMAIN IN EFFECT FROM LAZARO CARDENAS TO PUERTO
ESCONDIDO...INCLUDING ACAPULCO.  PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND
PROPERTY SHOULD BE RUSHED TO COMPLETION.

AT 1 AM PST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE RICK
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 15.3 NORTH...LONGITUDE 100.5 WEST
OR ABOUT 115 MILES...185 KM...SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF ACAPULCO MEXICO.

RICK IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH ...20 KM/HR...
THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.  ON
THIS TRACK...THE CENTER OF RICK SHOULD BE NEAR THE COAST OF MEXICO
WITHIN THE WARNING AREA BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON.  HOWEVER...WEATHER
CONDITIONS SHOULD BEGIN TO DETERIORATE EARLIER.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  80 MPH...130 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  SOME ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING MAY OCCUR BEFORE LANDFALL.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO  25 MILES... 35 KM...
FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP
TO 115 MILES...185 KM.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS  984 MB...29.06 INCHES.

RICK IS EXPECTED TO BRING HEAVY RAINS...5 TO 10 INCHES...TO AREAS
ALREADY AFFECTED BY PREVIOUS TROPICAL SYSTEMS THIS YEAR.   THIS
COULD CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS AND MUDSLIDES.

A STORM SURGE OF 2 TO 4 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE LEVELS WILL OCCUR TO
THE RIGHT OF WHERE THE EYE MAKES LANDFALL.  IN ADDITION... LARGE
WAVES RIDING ON TOP OF THE STORM SURGE WILL BATTER COASTAL
STRUCTURES.

REPEATING THE 1 AM PST POSITION...15.3 N...100.5 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 80 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 984 MB.

AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER AT 4 AM PST FOLLOWED BY THE NEXT
COMPLETE ADVISORY AT 7 AM PST.

JARVINEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.