

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id BAA33286;
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 01:56:35 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7137443 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 29 Nov 1997 01:56:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id BAA10484 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 29 Nov 1997 01:56:29 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA19728
for [email-masked]; Sat, 29 Nov 1997 01:56:29 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 29 Nov 1997 01:56:29 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: f10c0350a4387b392224e07824303af6
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

604
ABPA20 PHNL 290800
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
10 PM HST FRI NOV 28 1997

NO TROPICAL CYCLONES ARE EXPECTED IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC
THROUGH THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO EPISODE SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING
NOW. IF A TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES DEVELOP BETWEEN THESE DATES...THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL BEGIN ISSUING
BULLETINS.

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.