

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA117892;
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:25:08 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6039226 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:25:03 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA23894 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:25:01 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.7.5/8.7.3) id PAA26816
for [email-masked]; Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:25:00 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:25:03 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Depression Nine-e Discussion Number   1
[302023]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 1ef1caefb233c6b5be2bf1dfa15a8400
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1331
Status: OR

313
WTPZ44 KNHC 302023
TCDEP4
TROPICAL DEPRESSION NINE-E DISCUSSION NUMBER   1
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
2 PM PDT WED JUL 30 1997

THERE IS A BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION AND LARGE BANDING FEATURES
ASSOCIATED WITH THE NEW DEPRESSION BUT CONVECTION IS MINIMAL NEAR
THE CENTER. UPPER-LEVEL PATTERN IS NOT IDEAL FOR DEVELOPMENT BUT
THERE IS ENOUGH DIFLUENCE AND WARM WATERS TO ALLOW STRENGTHENING.

BEST ESTIMATE OF THE INITIAL MOTION IS 280/08. TRACK MODELS ARE ALL
IN GOOD AGREEMENT THAT THIS GENERAL MOTION SHOULD CONTINUE THROUGH
72 HOURS AND SO DOES THE OFFICIAL FORECAST.

AVILA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     30/2100Z 11.3N  96.3W    30 KTS
12HR VT     31/0600Z 11.5N  97.5W    35 KTS
24HR VT     31/1800Z 12.0N  99.5W    40 KTS
36HR VT     01/0600Z 13.0N 101.5W    50 KTS
48HR VT     01/1800Z 13.5N 104.0W    60 KTS
72HR VT     02/1800Z 15.0N 109.0W    70 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.