

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA16680;
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 02:42:11 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7179970 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 02:42:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA33498 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 02:41:22 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA04238
for [email-masked]; Wed, 3 Dec 1997 02:41:17 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 3 Dec 1997 02:41:17 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number   4
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: be5f8bbcf810669a21844ebe6dfb8f07
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

815
WTPA31 PHNL 030900
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER   4
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST TUE DEC 02 1997

AT 11 PM HST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  8.2 NORTH...LONGITUDE 167.7 WEST
OR ABOUT 1100 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST AT 8 MPH...13 KM/HR...AND
THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 50 MPH... 85 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  SOME STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 105 MILES
...165 KM FROM THE CENTER IN THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 996 MB...29.41 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 PM HST POSITION... 8.2 N...167.7 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 8 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 50 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 996 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 AM HST...WEDNESDAY.

LARSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.