

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id KAA81306;
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 10:12:40 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5887124 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 13 Jul 1997 10:12:35 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id KAA81288 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Jul 1997 10:12:34 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.7.5/8.7.3) id KAA11056
for [email-masked]; Sun, 13 Jul 1997 10:12:34 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 13 Jul 1997 10:12:35 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Enrique Discussion Number  5 [131511]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 08518e37c1a7d6e32e665c87cc8f8b2e
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1652
Status: OR

745
WTPZ42 KNHC 131511 COR
TCDEP2
HURRICANE ENRIQUE DISCUSSION NUMBER  5
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
8 AM PDT SUN JUL 13 1997

...CORRECTED FOR ADVISORY NUMBER...

SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN INCREASE IN BANDING FEATURES ASSOCIATED
WITH ENRIQUE AND THE CYCLONE IS UPGRADED TO A 65 KNOT HURRICANE
...IN AGREEMENT WITH LATEST ESTIMATES FROM SAB AND TAFB.  THE UPPER
LEVEL OUTFLOW IS STILL IMPRESSIVE AND CONTINUED STRENGTHENING IS
LIKELY WHILE THE SYSTEM REMAINS OVER WARM WATER.  AN EYE COULD WELL
APPEAR LATER TODAY.

INITIAL MOTION ESTIMATE IS 300/16.  THE MID TO UPPER LEVEL LOW SEEN
IN WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IN THE VICINITY OF 30N130W WILL WEAKEN THE
RIDGE TO THE NORTH OF ENRIQUE.  THE RESULT WILL BE A GRADUAL TURN
TOWARD THE NORTHWEST WITH TIME.  CURRENT TRACK IS AN UPDATE OF THE
PREVIOUS PACKAGE.  IT IS NOTED THAT SOME OF THE MODELS TURN ENRIQUE
EVEN MORE TOWARD THE NORTH AFTER 48 HOURS

MAYFIELD

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     13/1500Z 12.0N 119.8W    65 KTS
12HR VT     14/0000Z 13.2N 121.9W    75 KTS
24HR VT     14/1200Z 14.6N 124.5W    85 KTS
36HR VT     15/0000Z 16.0N 126.8W    85 KTS
48HR VT     15/1200Z 17.5N 129.0W    80 KTS
72HR VT     16/1200Z 21.0N 133.0W    70 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.