

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA211742;
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:43:27 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5987569 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:43:21 +1900
Received: from twister.lib.siu.edu (twister.lib.siu.edu [131.230.72.8]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA02814 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:43:19 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by twister.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.5) id PAA28676
for [email-masked]; Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:43:07 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:43:21 +1900
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Hilda Discussion Number  12
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: ca79b370f45338f2af3007f40c7c5311
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1305
Status: OR

306
WTPZ45 KNHC 122041
TCDEP5
TROPICAL STORM HILDA DISCUSSION NUMBER  12
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
2 PM PDT TUE AUG 12 1997

HILDA CONTINUES ON A GENERAL WESTWARD TRACK AND SINCE THE STEERING
PATTERN HAS NOT CHANGED...NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGE HAS BEEN MADE TO THE
PREVIOUS FORECAST.

IN TERMS OF INTENSITY...HILDA HAS NOT STRENGTHENED SINCE EARLIER
TODAY..IN FACT IT LOOKS WEAKER...AND AN UPPER LOW CONTINUES TO
INTERACT WITH THE STORM.  HOWEVER...A GRADUAL INTENSIFICATION IS
EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT FEW DAYS SINCE WATER IS WARM AND SHEAR MAY
RELAX.

AVILA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     12/2100Z 13.4N 120.7W    45 KTS
12HR VT     13/0600Z 13.5N 122.1W    50 KTS
24HR VT     13/1800Z 14.0N 124.0W    55 KTS
36HR VT     14/0600Z 14.5N 126.0W    60 KTS
48HR VT     14/1800Z 15.0N 128.5W    65 KTS
72HR VT     15/1800Z 16.0N 131.5W    65 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.