

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id VAA255372;
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:36:29 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5995429 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:36:19 -0500
Received: from twister.lib.siu.edu (twister.lib.siu.edu [131.230.72.8]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id VAA199288 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:36:18 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by twister.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.5) id VAA14569
for [email-masked]; Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:36:08 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:36:19 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Hurricane Guillermo Discussion Number  26
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: af909b68154ba523970176096f664939
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Status: OR

288
WTPZ44 KNHC 060236
TCDEP4
HURRICANE GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER  26
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
8 PM PDT TUE AUG 05 1997

SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUES TO SHOW AN EYE...BUT THE SURROUNDING
TEMPERATURES CONTINUE TO WARM UP.  WHILE THE SUBJECTIVE DVORAK
INTENSITY REMAINS AT T NUMBER 7.0...OBJECTIVE T NUMBERS ARE BELOW
6.0 AND THE INITIAL WIND SPEED IS DECREASED 5 KNOTS TO 130 KNOTS.
THE FORECAST IS FOR GRADUAL WEAKENING WITH THE HURRICANE MOVING OVER
WATER COLDER THAN 26C AFTER 48 HOURS.

THE INITIAL MOTION REMAINS STEADY AT 275/15.  ALL OF THE MODELS
CONTINUE THIS GENERAL MOTION FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS WITH A DEEP LAYER
MEAN RIDGE HOLDING TO THE NORTH OF THE HURRICANE.

LAWRENCE

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     06/0300Z 15.0N 124.5W   130 KTS
12HR VT     06/1200Z 15.2N 126.7W   125 KTS
24HR VT     07/0000Z 15.5N 129.6W   120 KTS
36HR VT     07/1200Z 16.3N 132.2W   115 KTS
48HR VT     08/0000Z 17.0N 135.0W   100 KTS
72HR VT     09/0000Z 19.0N 139.0W    85 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.