

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA40412;
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:31:43 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7213952 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:31:38 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id UAA34474 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:31:34 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA04320
for [email-masked]; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:31:21 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:31:21 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Forecast/advisory Number  15
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 91a00b54866f7b47aa0c9e13fa1a4017
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

071
WTPA21 PHNL 060300
TROPICAL STORM PAKA FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER  15
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI   CP0597
0300Z SAT DEC 06 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA ACCELERATES TO THE WEST...

TROPICAL STORM CENTER LOCATED NEAR  9.3N 176.9W AT 06/0300Z
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN  45 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE WEST OR 270 DEGREES AT 10 KT

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 1000 MB
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS  40 KT WITH GUSTS TO  50 KT
34 KT....... 60NE  60SE  60SW  60NW
12 FT SEAS.. 60NE  60SE  60SW  60NW
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR  9.3N 176.9W AT 06/0300Z
AT 06/0000Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR  9.3N 176.4W

FORECAST VALID 06/1200Z  9.3N 178.4W
MAX WIND  40 KT...GUSTS  50 KT
34 KT... 50NE  50SE  50SW  50NW

FORECAST VALID 07/0000Z  9.3N 179.7E
MAX WIND  40 KT...GUSTS  45 KT
34 KT... 50NE  50SE  50SW  50NW

FORECAST VALID 07/1200Z  9.5N 177.7E
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT
34 KT... 10NE  10SE  10SW  10NW

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF  9.3N 176.9W

EXTENDED OUTLOOK...USE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY...ERRORS MAY BE LARGE

OUTLOOK VALID 08/0000Z  9.7N 175.7E
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT

OUTLOOK VALID 09/0000Z 10.3N 171.3E
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT

NEXT ADVISORY AT 06/0900Z

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.