

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id OAA35824;
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:42:00 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7199634 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:41:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id OAA39854 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:41:46 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA14197
for [email-masked]; Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:41:33 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:41:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Discussion Number  10
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 83de3ece7d7413d237eebfed87329b5e
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

427
WTPA41 PHNL 042100
TROPICAL STORM PAKA DISCUSSION NUMBER  10
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST THU DEC 04 1997

TROPICAL STORM PAKA CONTINUES ON ITS SLOW WEST NORTHWEST TRACK
AWAY FROM THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. PAKA AHS SHOWN SOME
INTENSIFICATION THE PAST 6 HOURS AND THE MAX WINDS HAVE BEEN
INCREASED TO 55 KT. ALTHOUGH THERE MAY BE SOME GRADUAL INCREASE IT
STILL SEEMS DOUBTFUL THAT PAKA WILL REACH HURRICANE INTENSITY ANY
TIME SOON. ALTHOUGH OUTFLOW REMAINS GOOD...PAKA SHOULD BE MOVING
INTO AN AREA OF INCREASING WESTERLY SHEAR ALOFT. THEREFORE HAVE
FORECAST ONLY A SLIGHT INCREASE THE NEXT 24 HOURS FOLLOWED BY
GRADUAL WEAKENING. LARSON

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     04/2100Z  9.0N 171.1W    55 KTS
12HR VT     05/0600Z  9.1N 171.8W    55 KTS
24HR VT     05/1800Z  9.5N 173.0W    60 KTS
36HR VT     06/0600Z  9.9N 174.2W    60 KTS
48HR VT     06/1800Z 10.5N 176.4W    55 KTS
72HR VT     07/1800Z 11.6N 179.4E    50 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.