

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id VAA129298;
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 21:48:30 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5910295 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 15 Jul 1997 21:48:10 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id VAA05876 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Jul 1997 21:48:09 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.7.5/8.7.3) id VAA12187
for [email-masked]; Tue, 15 Jul 1997 21:48:09 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 15 Jul 1997 21:48:10 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Enrique Discussion Number  15 [160247]
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 11ee03ad568b880931af6296520fe6a9
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1478
Status: OR

960
WTPZ42 KNHC 160247
TCDEP2
TROPICAL STORM ENRIQUE DISCUSSION NUMBER  15
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
8 PM PDT TUE JUL 15 1997

SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUES TO SHOW ENRIQUE VOID OF DEEP CONVECTION.
THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION WAS WELL DEFINED BY STRATOCUMULUS IN THE
LAST VISIBLE IMAGERY.  THE WIND SPEED IS ESTIMATED AT 45 KT WITH THE
SYSTEM WEAKENING UNTIL DISSIPATION AFTER 48 HOURS.

THE SYSTEM HEADING IS 295/12...MORE WESTWARD THAN PREVIOUSLY.
BECAUSE THE SYSTEM HAS LOST ITS DEEP CONVECTION...WE ANTICIPATE THE
STEERING TO BE DOMINATED BY THE LOWER LEVELS OF THE ATMOSPHERE AND
THIS APPEARS ALREADY TO BE OCCURRING.  THE FORECAST TRACK IS SIMILAR
TO THE BAMS AND GFDL GUIDANCE...WITH A HEADING OF WEST NORTHWEST...
BECOMING MORE WESTERLY WITH TIME.

GROSS

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     16/0300Z 20.3N 131.4W    45 KTS
12HR VT     16/1200Z 21.0N 133.1W    35 KTS
24HR VT     17/0000Z 21.8N 135.0W    30 KTS
36HR VT     17/1200Z 22.2N 136.8W    25 KTS
48HR VT     18/0000Z 22.5N 138.6W    20 KTS...DISSIPATING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.