

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id DAA129432;
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 03:31:20 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 5983605 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 12 Aug 1997 03:31:15 +1900
Received: from twister.lib.siu.edu (twister.lib.siu.edu [131.230.72.8]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id DAA112518 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Aug 1997 03:31:14 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by twister.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.5) id DAA15948
for [email-masked]; Tue, 12 Aug 1997 03:31:01 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 12 Aug 1997 03:31:15 +1900
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Discussion Number  51
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 3dce3bee6fdf5f113d610eeb5618cf85
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1730
Status: OR

956
WTPA44 PHNL 120900
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER  51
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST MON AUG 11 1997

SHIP REPORTS INDICATE WINDS ON THE NORTH SIDE OF GUILLERMO ADJACENT
TO THE STRONG HIGH ARE ABOUT 40 KT. THUS HAVE MAINTAINED IT AT
TROPICAL STORM STRENGTH A WHILE LONGER. SHIP ELLE2 ACTUALLY HAD A
PRESSURE VALUE 1002.5 MB AT 29.5N 145.3W WITH A WIND OF 1932. AT
03Z THIS NSAME SHIP MEASURED A CENTRAL PRESSURE OF 999.5 MB WITH A
WIND OF 2828. AT 00Z ITS WINDS WERE 3339 AND PRESSURE 1006.5 MB.
THE PRESSURE VALUES LOOK RELIABLE. OUR CENTRAL PRESSURE/MAX WIND
RELATIONSHIP FOR A 1000 MB T.C. IN THE EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC SHOWS
ABOUT 50 KT WINDS ARE TO BE EXPECTED. HAVE COMPROMISED AT 40 KT.
GUILLERMO IS PERHAPS NO MORE A TRUE TROPICAL SYSTEM AS IT IS LIKELY
INTERACTING WITH A COLD CORE CUTOFF LOW SITTING SOUTH OF A BLOCKING
HIGH. OVER 26 DEGREE WATER THIS LOW COULD HOWEVER WARM UP
SUFFICIENTLY WITH TIME AS IT MOVES WEST AND LATER WNW AGAIN.
ROSENDAL

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     12/0900Z 29.5N 146.9W    40 KTS
12HR VT     12/1800Z 29.7N 148.7W    40 KTS
24HR VT     13/0600Z 30.1N 151.0W    35 KTS
36HR VT     13/1800Z 30.9N 153.8W    35 KTS
48HR VT     14/0600Z 31.8N 156.7W    30 KTS
72HR VT     15/0600Z 35.3N 161.3W    30 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.