

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA40346;
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 02:03:19 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7124774 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 27 Nov 1997 02:03:09 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA40072 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 27 Nov 1997 02:03:08 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA10980
for [email-masked]; Thu, 27 Nov 1997 02:03:07 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 27 Nov 1997 02:03:07 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 4d2523c9ae9cbd8d7d86f6cf9b3c22ca
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

209
ABPA20 PHNL 270800
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
10 PM HST WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 26 1997

A WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ABOUT 930  MILES SOUTHEAST OF HILO...
NEAR 09N 147W...IS MOVING WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH. IT IS NOT
EXPECTED TO DEVELOP INTO A DEPRESSION.

ANOTHER DISTURBANCE FAR TO THE EAST SOUTHEAST IS ALSO NOT EXPECTED
TO BECOME A TROPICAL DEPRESSION.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING NOW. IF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES DEVELOP BETWEEN THESE DATES...THE CENTRAL
PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL BEGIN ISSUING
BULLETINS.

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.