

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id JAA61522;
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 09:05:56 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7218267 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 6 Dec 1997 09:05:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id JAA37438 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 6 Dec 1997 09:05:51 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id JAA06952
for [email-masked]; Sat, 6 Dec 1997 09:05:50 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 6 Dec 1997 09:05:50 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Discussion Number 17
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 2c5da7842644f75ca6fec9aa6d0e954b
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

133
WTPA41 PHNL 061500
TROPICAL STORM PAKA DISCUSSION NUMBER 17
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST SAT DEC 6 1997

CBS HAVE INCREASED AROUND PAKA BUT ITS CENTER HAS BEEN DIFFICULT
TO LOCATE. THE MOVEMENT OF PAKAS OVERALL CLOUD MASS HAS BEEN
FIRMLY WESTWARD. ALL MODEL GUIDANCE ARE IN AGREEMENT MOVING THE
SYSTEM NEARLY DUE WEST AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SHIFOR CONTINUES TO
INCREASE STORM STRENGTH DESPITE NATURES SO FAR NONCOMPLIANCE. WILL
THUS PRESERVE CURRENT INTENSITY THRU 72 HOURS...ALSO HESITATE TO
WEAKEN STORM DUE TO WARM WATER PATH AND CURRENT CB COVERAGE. THIS
WILL BE THE FINAL BULLETIN ISSUED BY THE CPHC HONOLULU. JTWC GUAM
WILL ISSUE THE NEXT WARNING AT 062100Z.  MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     06/1500Z  9.0N 179.7W    35 KTS
12HR VT     07/0000Z  9.1N 178.2E    35 KTS
24HR VT     07/1200Z  9.3N 175.2E    35 KTS
36HR VT     08/0000Z  9.7N 172.0E    35 KTS
48HR VT     08/1200Z 10.2N 168.8E    35 KTS
72HR VT     09/1200Z 11.8N 162.4E    35 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.