

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id HAA04758;
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 07:44:06 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7206134 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 07:44:02 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id HAA17524 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 07:44:01 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA17500
for [email-masked]; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 07:44:00 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 5 Dec 1997 07:44:00 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Discussion Number 13
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 47eb557ce79791a3eccb2c9154ed91f1
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

810
WTPA41 PHNL 051500
TROPICAL STORM PAKA DISCUSSION NUMBER 13
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST FRI DEC 05 1997

TROPICAL STORM PAKA IS WEAKENING FAR TO THE SOUTHWEST OF THE
ISLANDS. PAKA APPEARS TO BE UNDER SHEAR STRESS WITH THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER MOVING OFF TO THE EDGE OF THE CONVECTION. A
LARGE AREA OF DRY AIR ALONG THE NORTHERN EDGE PUSHING DOWN FROM
THE NORTH MAY BE CAUSING ENTRAINMENT AND INCREASED STABILITY TO A
DEGREE THAT SHEARING IS MADE EASY. THE FORECAST THUS CALLS FOR A
GRADUAL WEAKENING WITH THE VORTEX MOVING ALONG WESTWARD IN THE
TRADES. ROSENDAL

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     05/1500Z  9.5N 173.3W    45 KTS
12HR VT     06/0000Z  9.7N 174.3W    40 KTS
24HR VT     06/1200Z 10.1N 176.1W    35 KTS
36HR VT     07/0000Z 10.4N 178.4W    35 KTS
48HR VT     07/1200Z 10.6N 179.2E    35 KTS
72HR VT     08/1200Z 11.0N 174.5E    35 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.