

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA37528;
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 02:52:44 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7216370 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 6 Dec 1997 02:52:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA14706 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 6 Dec 1997 02:52:29 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA05383
for [email-masked]; Sat, 6 Dec 1997 02:52:20 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 6 Dec 1997 02:52:20 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Discussion Number 16
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 4ac7ab58e3e2bcdd7d8ea0970d2ca906
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

883
WTPA41 PHNL 060900
TROPICAL STORM PAKA DISCUSSION NUMBER 16
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST FRI DEC 5 1997

PAKA HAS WEAKENED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS...ITS CLOUD PATTERN
INCREASINGLY DISORGANIZED. HOWEVER WILL NOT NOW FORECAST A FURTHER
DOWNGRADE DUE TO ITS STEADY WESTWARD MOVEMENT OVER WARM SOUTHERN
WATERS THRU A CONSISTENT NONSHEARING EASTERLY ENVIRONMENT DURING
OVERNIGHT HOURS FAVORABLE FOR CBS. MODELS ARE GENERALLY CONSISTENT
POINTING TO A FAIRLY RAPID WESTWARD PATH.  MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     06/0900Z  9.0N 178.8W    35 KTS
12HR VT     06/1800Z  9.0N 178.8E    35 KTS
24HR VT     07/0600Z  9.4N 175.6E    35 KTS
36HR VT     07/1800Z  9.8N 172.4E    35 KTS
48HR VT     08/0600Z 10.4N 169.2E    35 KTS
72HR VT     09/0600Z 11.9N 163.2E    35 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.