

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA24648;
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:27:56 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7213765 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:27:31 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id UAA12540 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:27:27 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA04301
for [email-masked]; Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:27:21 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:27:21 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number  15
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: 46c3069340c38e2429687517b80fec64
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

981
WTPA31 PHNL 060300
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER  15
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST FRI DEC 05 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA ACCELERATES TO THE WEST...

AT 5 PM HST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA WAS
RELOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  9.3 NORTH...LONGITUDE 176.9 WEST OR
ABOUT 1500 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 12 MPH AND THIS MOTION
IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE ANOTHER 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  45 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
LITTLE CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO  70 MILES FROM
THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1000 MB...29.53 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 PM HST POSITION... 9.3 N...176.9 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NEAR 12 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...45 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1000 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 PM HST.

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.