

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id QAA14770;
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:51:43 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 6128584 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:51:38 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id QAA23426 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:51:35 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.6/8.8.6) id QAA29632
for [email-masked]; Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:50:10 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:50:10 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
X-UIDL: b37c0e50214e82c734f0b11f365cdb07
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
Content-Length: 1297
Status: OR

693
ABPA20 PHNL 282200
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210 PM HST THU AUG 28 1997

HURRICANE JIMENA NEAR 19.3N 138.1W AT 11 AM HST...AROUND 1100
MILES EAST OF HILO...IS MOVING NORTH/NORTHWESTWARD AT 15 MPH. THE
HURRICANE IS NOT EXPECTED TO CROSS 140 WEST LONGITUDE INTO THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC UNTIL FRIDAY MORNING...29 AUG. PLEASE SEE
THE LATEST WTPZ22 KNHC AND WTPZ42 KNHC BULLETINS FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 12N 169W...ABOUT 900 MILES SOUTHWEST
OF HONOLULU...HAS BECOME ALMOST STATIONARY.  ASSOCIATED CONVECTION
HAD DIMINISHED OVERNIGHT...BUT HAS INCREASED AGAIN OVER THE PAST 6
HOURS.  THIS SYSTEM WILL CONTINUE TO BE MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
DEVELOPMENT.

OTHERWISE...TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED IN THE
NORTH CENTRAL PACIFIC THROUGH FRIDAY.

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.