

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA25438;
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 01:25:19 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10915587 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 14 Dec 1998 01:25:09 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA06470 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 14 Dec 1998 01:25:07 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA16363
for [email-masked]; Mon, 14 Dec 1998 01:25:06 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 14 Dec 1998 01:25:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

269
AXPZ20 KNHC 140721
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC MON 14 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 14/0600 UTC...
...A 1010 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 12N103W.  IT IS DRIFTING
WESTWARD.
...A COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N118W AND CONTINUES
ALONG 26N122W WHERE IT BECOMES A DISSIPATING COLD FRONT TO
24N128W.  IT IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEAST AT 10-15 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 120W
EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/0615 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
7N87W 10N97W 11N107W 12N113W 8N126W 10N134W 7N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS
FROM 102W TO 107W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/90 NM OF THE
AXIS FROM 111W TO 114W AND FROM 122W TO 127W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 120/150 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 134W
TO JUST BEYOND 140W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS FROM 85W TO 88W...FROM 92W TO 95W...AND FROM 96W TO 98W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS INLAND AND
WITHIN 60 NM ALONG THE COAST COLOMBIA AND PANAMA FROM 6.5N TO
8N.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.