

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id TAA20786;
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:20:59 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10835915 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:20:53 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id TAA13344 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:20:51 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA07483
for [email-masked]; Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:20:51 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:20:51 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

305
AXPZ20 KNHC 270120
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC FRI 27 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 27/0000 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N128W...AND CONTINUES
ALONG 27N135W 25N140W.  IT IS MOVING SOUTHEAST 15-20 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W
...EXCEPT IN THE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/0115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
7N90W 8N100W 10N104W 9N113W 8N124W 8N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED
STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 118W-120W. SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60-70 NM OF AXIS
BETWEEN 91W-94W AND 126W-131W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 122W-126W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF
AXIS BETWEEN 87W-90W AND 99W-100W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 107W-110W AND 110W-
118W.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST MOSTLY LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS EAST OF 80W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATE STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF 11N95W.  BROKEN
TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 10N-16N BETWEEN 102W-110W. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE COLD
FRONT AND UPPER LEVEL JET STREAM NORTH OF 27N BETWEEN 130W-138W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.