

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA15304;
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 07:36:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10921686 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 4 Dec 1998 07:36:48 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA26788 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 4 Dec 1998 07:36:46 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA15898
for [email-masked]; Fri, 4 Dec 1998 07:36:45 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 4 Dec 1998 07:36:45 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

380
AXPZ20 KNHC 041338
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC FRI 04 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 04/1200 UTC...
...DIFFUSING COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 30N117W AND
CONTINUES ALONG 23N131W TO 22N138W.  IT IS MOVING SOUTHEAST
AT 15-20 KNOTS.
...STRONG HIGH PRESSURE IS LOCATED NORTHWEST OF THE REGION.  A
HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE CONTINUES TO BUILD SOUTHEASTWARD THROUGH
30N136W TO 20N112W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF
15N WEST OF 110W...EXCEPT IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF THE
DIFFUSING COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 04/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
9N89W 6N97W 8N105W 7N115W 11N122W 10N132W 9N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 105W-123W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS PRESENT WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
WEST OF 132W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 78W-90W.  ISOLATED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS CHARACTERIZES THE REMAINDER
OF THE ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE NORTH OF 18N WEST OF
115W.  IN ADDITION BROKEN/OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS ARE MOVING
EAST-NORTHEAST IN AN AREA BOUNDED WITHIN THE REGION BY 8N140W-
20N140W-30N117W-20N111W-8N140W.  THERE ARE WIDELY SCATTERED
SHOWERS WITH THE ABOVE CLOUDINESS.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.