

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA12924;
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 12:19:14 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9270929 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 15 Aug 1998 12:19:13 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA49182 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 15 Aug 1998 12:17:40 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA03181
for [email-masked]; Sat, 15 Aug 1998 12:17:38 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Sat, 15 Aug 1998 12:17:38 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

406
ABIO10 PGTW 151800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/151800Z/161800Z AUG 98//
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7S7 72E9 IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 4S4 72E9. THIS AREA OF CONVECTION HAS NO
IDENTIFIABLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION BUT LIES WITHIN A BROAD AREA
OF TROUGHING. ALTHOUGH THIS AREA OF PERSISTENT CONVECTION REMAINS
IN AN AREA OF WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR, ORGANIZATION CONTINUES TO
BE DISORGANIZED. UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW IS FAIR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KTS. MINIMUM ESTIMATED SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.