

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id CAA22996;
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 02:44:27 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8237202 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 6 Apr 1998 01:44:09 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id CAA43710 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 6 Apr 1998 02:44:08 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA09183
for [email-masked]; Mon, 6 Apr 1998 02:44:07 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Mon, 6 Apr 1998 02:44:07 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 060551z Apr 98//
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

069
WTXS21 PGTW 060700
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
060551Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
375 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 10.5S6 70.6E3 TO 23.9S4 73.0E0
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 060341Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED
NEAR 12.8S1 71.1E9.  THE SYSTEM IS QUASI-STATIONARY AT 00 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS:
CURRENT INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND 060341Z4 MICROWAVE IMAGERY
INDICATE THE PRESENCE OF A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
CONVECTION HAS BECOME MORE ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 12-HOURS.
UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW HAS INCREASED AND BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 070700Z4.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.