

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id JAA26652;
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:41:07 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8989409 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:40:49 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id JAA54994 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:40:47 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id JAA06173
for [email-masked]; Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:40:46 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:40:46 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 03a Warning Nr 003 Relocated
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

951
WTIO31 PGTW 041500
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY COLOMBO AND AMCONSUL MADRAS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A WARNING NR 003 RELOCATED
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
041200Z7 --- 11.5N7 71.0E8
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 055 DEGREES AT 04 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 11.5N7 71.0E8
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
050000Z5 --- 11.6N8 71.3E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
041500Z0 POSITION 11.5N7 71.1E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A HAS BEEN RELOCATED FURTHER WEST BASED ON 040954Z
2
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWING AN EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION.
THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 040954Z2 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY.
THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON A 041200Z7 SATELLITE INTENSITY
ESTIMATE.  THE VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THE NEAREST DEEP
CONVECTION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 70NM WEST OF THE CENTER.
ADDITIONALLY, ALL OTHER CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE CIRCULATION IS
ISOLATED.  ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THE CONVECTION
HAS BECOME LESS ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS AND VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR HAS INCREASED IN THE REGION.  THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN
QUASI-STATIONARY DUE TO WEAK LOW-LEVEL STEERING FLOW.   ADDITIONALLY,
TC 03A IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE  AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
OVER WATER BY THE 12 HOUR PERIOD AS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR IS EXPECTED T
O
INCREASE. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 041200Z7 IS 12 FEET.
REFER TO WWIO31 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS
THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR
SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.