

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA29756;
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:47:08 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7913652 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:47:01 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA04488 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:45:59 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA25242
for [email-masked]; Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:45:58 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:45:58 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

736
ABIO10 PGTW 231800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/231800Z/241800ZFEB98//
RMKS/ 1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) A BAND OF CONVECTION IN THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL CENTERED
NEAR 19S0 41E5 HAS BECOME MORE ORGANIZED IN THE PAST FOUR HOURS.
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY AND SHIPS SYNOPTIC REPORTS INDICATE A
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 15 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 20 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB.  THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION WEST OF DIEGO GARCIA NEAR
07S7 71E8 HAS PERSISTED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.  ANIMATED
INFRARED
IMAGERY INDICATES A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION.  MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 17 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 22 KNOTS.  MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1009 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS POOR.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION OFF OF THE EASTERN COAST OF
MADAGASCAR PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19S0 52E7 HAS PARTIALLY
DISSIPATED AND BECOME MORE DISORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.
THIS AREA IS NO LONGER SUSPECT.
(4) THE AREA OF CONVECTION SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA
PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13S4 78E5 HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST 12
HOURS.  THIS AREA IS NO LONGER SUSPECT.
(5) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
AJTWC SENDS.
FORECAST TEAM: HILL/TANNAHILL/BILLY//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUHPSGG66630541755

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.