

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA13412;
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:09:38 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8344707 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:09:10 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA48936 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:09:09 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA09795
for [email-masked]; Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:09:02 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:09:02 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

882
ABIO10 PGTW 151800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/151800Z/161800Z APR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/150151Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 150000Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GEMMA) WAS LOCATED
AT 14.2S7 75.4E6 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD WHILE DISSIPATING OVER WATER
.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 40
KNOTS.  SEE REF A, (TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING 32S (GEMMA) WARNING NR 1
7 (WTXS31 PGTW 150300))FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION AND SURFACE LOW PRESSURE AREA PREVIO
USLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 52E7 HAS NOW MOVED SOUTHWARD TO A POSITION NEAR
11S2 55E0. A WELL-DEFINED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CAN BE OBSERVED WITH T
HE 150900Z VISUAL SATELLITE IMAGERY AS WELL AS WITH AN ERS-1 SCATTEROM
ETER PASS AT 15/0635Z.  THE SCATTEROMETER DATA SHOWS WINDS UP TO 30 KN
OTS ALONG THE CIRCULATION=S SOUTHERN AND WESTERN PERIPHERY, BUT LIGHT
AND VARIABLE WINDS WITHIN 60NM OF THE CENTER.  CONVECTION HAS YET TO P
ERSIST NEAR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.