

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA36014;
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:45:13 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8285711 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:45:07 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA38802 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:45:05 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA15803
for [email-masked]; Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:45:04 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:45:04 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

100
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/091800Z/101800Z APR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/091351Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 091200Z2 TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GEMMA) WAS LOCATED
AT 15.0S6 71.8E6 MOVING SOUTH AT 2 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 60 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 75 KNOTS. SEE REF A,
(TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING 32S (GEMMA) WARNING NR 06 (WTXS31 PGTW
091500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION NORTH OF MADAGASCAR PREVIOUSLY
LOCATED NEAR 7S7 48E2 IS NOW NEAR 8S8 51E6. THIS AREA OF PERSISTENT
CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE.
THE UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW REMAINS FAIR. THE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA HAS INCREASED SLIGHTLY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: EDSON/LUNSFORD/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.