

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id OAA42418;
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 14:17:37 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8392468 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 19 Apr 1998 14:17:32 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id OAA42330 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 19 Apr 1998 14:06:29 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA06399
for [email-masked]; Sun, 19 Apr 1998 14:06:28 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Sun, 19 Apr 1998 14:06:28 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

843
ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/191800Z/201800Z APR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/191351Z APR 98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/191353Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 191200Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 34S WAS LOCATED AT
10.6S7 73.6E6 AND MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAI
NED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL
CYCLONE
WARNING 34S WARNING NR 03 (WTXS31 191500)) AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR
FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) AT 191200Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 35S WAS LOCATED AT
15.0S6 125.1E9 AND MOVING TOWARDS THE SOUTH-SOUTHWEST AT 07 KNOTS. MA
XIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 40 KNOTS. SEE
REF B
(TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING 35S WARNING NR 02 (WTXS32 191500)) FOR THE
FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.7S8 126.2
E1
IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE REF B AND PARAG
RAPH 2.A
(2), ABOVE, FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.9S8 80.2E0
IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE REF A AND PARAG
RAPH 2.A
(1), ABOVE, FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
?(3) A NEW AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA NEAR
10S1
99E8. A WEAK CIRCULATION CAN BE OBSERVED IN THIS AREA WITH ANIMATED S
ATELLITE
IMAGERY. THERE IS UPPER LEVEL ANTICYCLONIC FLOW OVER THIS AREA; HOWEV
ER, A
STRONG BAROCLINIC ZONE SOUTH OF THIS REGION IS HELPING TO DISPERSE TH
E
CONVECTION OVER A LARGE REGION WITH NO ORGANIZATION OR CONCENTRATION
AT THIS
TIME. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMU
M SEA-LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TRO
PICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: EDSON/SCHIBER/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUEDMCA24551091901

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.