

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA12558;
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:28:10 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10969735 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:28:09 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA30968 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:28:07 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA06594
for [email-masked]; Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:28:06 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:28:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/191800Z/201800Z DEC 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 7N7 73E0 HAS REMAINED
QUASI-STATIONARY. THIS CONVECTION HAS BEEN PERSISTENT FOR THE LAST
DAY AND A HALF, AND IS ASSOCIATED WITH A SURFACE CONVERGENCE TROUGH
AS EVIDENT IN SYNOPTIC DATA. ANIMATED IMAGERY SHOWS LITTLE
ORGANIZATION AND ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS POOR OUTFLOW
ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 10S1 100E1 HAS REMAINED
QUASI-STATIONARY. THIS AREA CONTINUES TO DISPLAY DEEP CONVECTION BUT
REMAINS DISORGANIZED THROUGHOUT. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS
FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT, AS DOES THE UW-CIMSS UPPERLEVEL DIVERGENCE
PRODUCT. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PRODUCT SHOWS WEAK SHEAR IN
THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA SURFACE PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THE AREA PREVIOUSLY LOCATED OFF THE NORTH COAST OF
AUSTRALIA HAS MOVED OVER LAND AND CEASED TO BE A SUSPECT AREA FOR
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/WAKEHAM/MORRIS/BROOKS/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.