

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA04140;
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 12:55:19 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10191533 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 11 Oct 1998 12:55:18 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA39174 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Oct 1998 12:55:10 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA27312
for [email-masked]; Sun, 11 Oct 1998 12:55:09 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 11 Oct 1998 12:55:09 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

949
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z OCT 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED 13N4 72E9 HAS
DISSIPATED. A NEW AREA OF CONVECTION HAS FORMED LOCATED NEAR 15N6
65E1. THIS AREA OF LOOSELY ORGANIZED CONVECTION HAS BEEN PERSISTENT
FOR 10 HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS SOME CYCLONIC TURNING.
SYNOPTIC OBSERVATIONS SHOW A BROAD AREA OF TROUGHING. THIS
CONVECTION REMAINS UNDER LOW TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AS
EVIDENCED BY ANIMATION AND SHEAR CHARTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT TO OCCUR WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/PATLA/PATTERSON/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.