

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA14142;
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 11:22:45 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8072506 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 21 Mar 1998 11:22:28 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA21508 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 21 Mar 1998 11:22:08 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA27700
for [email-masked]; Sat, 21 Mar 1998 11:22:06 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 21 Mar 1998 11:22:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

053
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/211800Z/221800ZMAR98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR 24 HOURS
NEAR 11.0S2 104.0E5. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND
211200Z6 SHIP SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE THE PRESENCE OF A LOW-
LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER. DEEP CONVECTION NEAR THE
SYSTEM CENTER IS SCATTERED, WITH POOR TO FAIR UPPER-LEVEL
OUTFLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.