

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id TAA29482;
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 19:26:04 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10872042 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 9 Dec 1998 19:25:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id TAA29456 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 9 Dec 1998 19:25:53 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA09630
for [email-masked]; Wed, 9 Dec 1998 19:25:53 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 9 Dec 1998 19:25:53 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

199
AXPZ20 KNHC 100121
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC THU 10 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 10/0000 UTC...
...WEAK 1011 MB LOW CENTERED ALONG THE ITCZ NEAR 8N88W.  IT
IS NEARLY STATIONARY.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 12N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 10/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
7N90W 6N100W 7N1110W 9N120W 7N130W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 126W-128W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
90W-96W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS
FROM 131W-132W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST MOSTLY LOW/MID CLOUDS
WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 200 NM OF AXIS
CHARACTERIZE REMAINDER OF ITCZ BETWEEN 96W-116W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS
NORTH OF 13N FROM GUATEMALA/EL SALVADOR BORDER TO MEXICAN
BORDER.  SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS STREAMING EAST-
NORTHEASTWARD ASSOCIATED WITH THE SUBTROPICAL JET FROM 13N-
20N WEST OF 110W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.