

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id TAA40464;
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 19:19:06 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11024814 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 27 Dec 1998 19:19:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id TAA35588 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 27 Dec 1998 19:19:04 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA09871
for [email-masked]; Sun, 27 Dec 1998 19:19:04 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 27 Dec 1998 19:19:04 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 280116
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC MON 28 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 28/0000 UTC...
...A 1025 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 28N141W.  HIGH PRESSURE
COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 21N WEST OF 100W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/0030 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
3N85W 5N100W 7N110W 8N120W 12N135W 10N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
131W TO 138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION ARE
FROM 8N TO 11N BETWEEN 118W TO 124W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH
CLOUDS ARE NORTH OF THE ITCZ TO 18N FROM 126W TO 140W AND FROM
18N TO 30N BETWEEN 130W AND 137W.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.