

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA40154;
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:13:29 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10754237 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:13:22 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA95358 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:13:10 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA28664
for [email-masked]; Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:13:09 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:13:09 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

032
ABIO10 PGTW 171800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/171800Z/181800Z NOV 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/170451Z NOV 98//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.6N8
099.7E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12N3 95E4 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS THE AREA TRAVELLING TO THE WEST OVER THE LAST 6 HRS.
CENTRALZED CONVECTION HAS NOT APPEARED, BUT THE UPPER LEVEL
ENVIRONMENT REMAINS FAVORABLE FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 30 KTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS GOOD. SEE REF A (WTIO21 PGTW 170500) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) THERE IS A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER LOCATED NEAR 16N7
70E7 OFF THE WESTERN COAST OF INDIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS A CENTRALIZED CIRCULATION WITH LIMITED CONVECTION IN
THIS REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 25
KTS. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE THM2S5LA BF:?RTEAM:
SCHIBER/WAKEHAM/HATFIELD/GOODMAN/TIRSHELL/HOWELLS/JACKSON
/

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.