

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id TAA31744;
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 19:57:51 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7758225 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 9 Feb 1998 19:56:37 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id TAA11366 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 9 Feb 1998 19:55:14 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA05671
for [email-masked]; Mon, 9 Feb 1998 19:55:13 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 9 Feb 1998 19:55:13 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    03 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

362
WTXS32 PGTW 100300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S WARNING NR 003
03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
100000Z1 --- 29.3S4 45.0E9
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 150 DEGREES AT 11 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 29.3S4 45.0E9
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
101200Z4 --- 31.0S4 46.5E5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 140 DEG/ 11 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
110000Z2 --- 32.7S2 48.2E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
100300Z4 POSITION 29.7S8   45.4E3
TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S IS MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 11 KNOTS.
THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON 092330Z7
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THIS SYSTEM HAS SUCCUMBED TO STRONG
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS
PARTIALLY EXPOSED WITH ONLY SCATTERED AND INTERMITTENT
CONVECTION. TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE MOVING
IN A GENERALLY SOUTH-EASTWARD DIRECTION AS IT DISSIPATES OVER
WATER. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 100000Z1 IS 12 FEET.
THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON
WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE SYSTEM WILL BE
CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL
CYCLONE 20S (ANACELLE) WARNINGS (WTXS31 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S WARNINGS (WTXS33 PGTW)
FOR INITIAL WARNING AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.