

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id UAA65092;
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:01:15 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10705819 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:01:06 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id UAA21760 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:01:03 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA03900
for [email-masked]; Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:01:01 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:01:01 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>

822
WTXS31 PGTW 130300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ALISON) WARNING NR 011
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
130000Z4 --- NEAR 18.2S1 89.8E5
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 300 DEGREES AT 08 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 120 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 18.2S1 89.8E5
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
131200Z7 --- 17.9S7 89.1E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
130300Z7 POSITION NEAR 18.1S0  89.6E3.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ALISON) HAS TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD
AT 8 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND
INTENSITY ARE BASED UPON VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 04S (ALISON) CAN NOT BE DISTINGUISHED ON ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY AS THE CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER HAS SHEARED TO THE SOUTHEAST. TROPICAL CYCLONE
04S (ALISON) IS RAPIDLY DISSIPATING OVER WATER DUE TO THE
AFOREMENTIONED HIGH SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 130000Z4 IS 12 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS
SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST
GU).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.