

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA22998;
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:50:57 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8513383 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:50:23 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA51316 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:50:12 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA11213
for [email-masked]; Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:50:11 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:50:11 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

567
ABIO10 PGTW 291800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/291800Z/301800Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5S 85E HAS NOT
MOVED. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUES TO INDICATE SLOW
ORGANIZATION OF THE CONVECTION. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ANALYSIS FROM
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AT 282225Z AND RECENT ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGER
Y
CONTINUES TO INDICATE THAT VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ACROSS THE DISTURBANCE
REMAINS LOW. MICROWAVE IMAGERY AT 291503Z SUGGEST THE PRESENCE OF LOW
CLOUD LINES CURVING INTO AN AREA OF INTENSE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS CONTINUES TO BE
FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/LUNSFORD/SCHIBER/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.