

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA27808;
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:28:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10985335 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:28:44 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA27008 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:28:43 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA29903
for [email-masked]; Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:28:41 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:28:41 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 211925
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC MON 21 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 21/1800 UTC...
...NEARLY STATIONARY SURFACE TROUGH ALONG 133W FROM 18N TO 30N.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS E PAC WATERS N OF 15N BETWEEN 110W AND
127W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 21/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
5N90W 7N100W 8N110W 9N120W 10N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED OVER THE GULF OF PANAMA
FROM 7N-9N BETWEEN 78W-80W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
LOCATED FROM 5N-9N BETWEEN 100W-107W...AND FROM 9N-11N BETWEEN
131W-135W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED
ALONG THE COASTS OF W PANAMA AND COSTA RICA FROM 6N-9N BETWEEN
81W-85W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
OVERCAST JET STREAM CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 150 NM EITHER SIDE
OF LINE FROM 14N126W TO 28N111W.  SIMILAR OVERCAST CIRRUS IS
LOCATED FROM 26N-34N BETWEEN 120W-130W.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.