

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA43976;
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:57:01 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8419661 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:56:52 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA44676 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:56:40 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA08871
for [email-masked]; Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:56:33 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:56:33 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

162
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z APR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/211351ZAPR98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 211200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 34S WAS LOCATED AT 12.0S3
67.0E3 AND MOVING WESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING 34S WARNING NR 08 (WTXS31 211500)) AND
TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12S3
105E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13S4 103E4. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THIS AREA REMAINS SIGNIFICANTLY
DISORGANIZED. HOWEVER, DIFFUSE ANTICYCLONIC FLOW ALOFT IS
SUPPORTING DEVELOPING DEEP CONVECTION ON THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE
DISTURBANCE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4S4 90E9
HAS DISSIPATED. HOWEVER, INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SUPPORTS THE
CONTINUED PRESENCE OF  THE PREVIOUSLY ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL
FEATURE. THIS BROAD CIRCULATION IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11S2 87E5.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.