

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA36366;
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:40:31 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10663798 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:40:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA40168 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:40:25 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA02540
for [email-masked]; Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:40:23 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:40:23 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

426
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z NOV 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/092121Z NOV 98//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/101351Z NOV 98//
AMPN/REF A/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
AMPN/REF B/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14N5 67E3
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11N2 67E3. THIS AREA IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
SEE REF A (WTIO21 PGTW 092130) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 101200Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ALISON) WAS LOCATED NEAR
16S7 93E2 AND WAS MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 8 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 70 KNOTS GUSTING TO 85 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 101500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/JOHNSON/HALL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.