

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id XAA52872;
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:53:18 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9087798 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:53:11 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id XAA40820 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:53:10 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id XAA28236
for [email-masked]; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:53:09 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:53:09 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Rmks/
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

991
WTXS21 PGTW 230500
230451Z JUL 98//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 10.4S5 77.7E1 TO 11.3S5 72.0E9
WITHIN THE NEXT 03 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 230230Z0 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED
NEAR 10.5S6 77.1E5.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT
07 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS: THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 79E6
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 77E4, SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA.  ANIMATED
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA HAS
DIMINISHED OVER THE LAST 12 HOURS. 230211Z9 MICROWAVE IMAGERY DEPICTS
A WELL DEFINED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER, AND 230230Z0 VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION IS NOW JUST SOUTH
OF THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 240500Z1.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.