

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA25472;
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:09:42 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7636464 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:09:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA15200 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:09:34 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA11963
for [email-masked]; Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:09:33 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:09:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    02 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

072
WTXS31 PGTW 301500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) WARNING NR 018
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
301200Z6 --- 19.3S3 106.9E6
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 280 DEGREES AT 07 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 19.3S3 106.9E6
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
310000Z4 --- 19.0S0 105.5E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 280 DEG/ 07 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
311200Z7 --- 18.8S7 104.1E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
301500Z9 POSITION 19.2S2  106.5E2
TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 07
KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED
UPON 301030Z7 ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY WHICH REVEALED
A WELL DEFINED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER COMPLETELY DEVOID OF
ANY CONVECTION. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED UPON A SATELLITE
INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF 35 KNOTS. THE SYSTEM SHOULD CONTINUE TO
TRACK WESTWARD IN EASTERLY LOW LEVEL FLOW OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
THE SYSTEM SHOULD DISSIPATE OVER THE WATER BY THE 24 HOUR
POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WA HEIGHT AT 301200Z IS 12 FEET.
NEXT WARNING AT 310300Z7 (DTG 310151Z1). REFER TO TROPICAL
CYCLONE 14P (LES) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR SIX-HOURLY
UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.