

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA04868;
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 07:29:29 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10975237 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 20 Dec 1998 07:27:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA16048 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Dec 1998 07:27:54 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA12950
for [email-masked]; Sun, 20 Dec 1998 07:27:54 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 20 Dec 1998 07:27:54 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 201325
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC SUN 20 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 20/1200 UTC...
...1016 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 28N138W WITH A TROUGH EXTENDING
FROM THE LOW TO 22N140W.  IT IS MOVING EAST AT 5-10 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 20N FROM 115W TO
130W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING THROUGH 32N128W TO 25N116W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
6N92W 8N110W 11N117W 9N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 89W-94W.  SIMILAR ACTIVITY IS OCCURRING WITHIN 60 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 115W-120W...AND 137W-141W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS PRESENT FROM 2N-7N
BETWEEN 77W-87W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED
WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 95W-115W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 120W-136W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FROM 25N-32N BETWEEN 132W-139W
IN ASSOCIATION WITHIN THE 1016 MB LOW.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.