

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id QAA92518;
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:33:27 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10668598 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:33:26 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id QAA26202 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:33:25 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id QAA11348
for [email-masked]; Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:33:24 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:33:24 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 102121z Nov 98//
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

667
WTIO21 PGTW 102130
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
102121Z NOV 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/092121Z NOV 98//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 092130)//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
100 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 11.3N5 65.9E0 TO 11.3N5 61.9E6
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 101647Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED
NEAR 11.4N6 65.4E5.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT
06 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS:
THIS SUPERSEDES REF A. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS
THE DEEP CONVECTION IS LOCATED TO THE EAST OF THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION. ADDITIONALLY, 101317Z3 MICROWAVE IMAGERY INDICATES THE
LOW-LEVEL IS SLIGHTLY ELONGATED. ALTHOUGH THE SYSTEM HAS MOVED INTO
AN AREA WITH INCREASED WIND SHEAR, A POTENTIAL STILL EXISTS FOR
FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. THEREFORE, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS
GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 112130Z8.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.