

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id AAA94688;
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 00:55:42 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10721485 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 15 Nov 1998 00:54:04 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id AAA64728 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 15 Nov 1998 00:53:42 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id AAA09824
for [email-masked]; Sun, 15 Nov 1998 00:53:41 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 15 Nov 1998 00:53:41 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

312
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z NOV 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/141351Z NOV 98//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12N3 87E5
IN THE BAY OF BENGAL IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16N7 85E3. THE SYSTEM IS
NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE REF A (WTIO31
PGTW 141500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 53E8
HAS DISSIPATED. IT IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 9N9 55E0. THE
CONVECTION AND ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION HAVE PERSISTED FOR
THE PAST 12 HOURS. HOWEVER, CONDITIONS ALOFT ARE NOT FAVORABLE FOR
DEVELOPMENT. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO
25 KNOTS. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/JOHNSON/HALL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.