

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA21916;
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 07:16:46 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10845371 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 28 Nov 1998 07:16:36 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA22920 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 28 Nov 1998 07:16:35 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA20807
for [email-masked]; Sat, 28 Nov 1998 07:16:34 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 28 Nov 1998 07:16:34 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

803
AXPZ20 KNHC 281316
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC SAT 28 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 28/1200 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N116W...AND CONTINUES ALONG
26N120W 21N127W 19N133W WHERE IT BECOMES DIFFUSE WESTWARD
FROM THERE. IT IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEAST 20-25 KNOTS NORTH
OF 25N...AND SOUTHEAST ABOUT 15 KNOTS ELSEWHERE.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W...
EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/1230 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
6N90W 8N100W 7N110W 9N120W 10N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 100W-101W
...122W-126W...131W-133W AND 135W-137W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 107W-109W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60-120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
104W-110W...AND 60 NM OF AXIS WEST OF 137W. ISOLATED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 93W-95W...AND 111W-114W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN AREA BOUNDED FROM 10N-15N BETWEEN
113W-120W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW AND MID CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 120 NM OF COLD FRONT EAST OF 120W.
BROKEN LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH POSSIBLE ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN
WITHIN 60-120 NM OF COLD FRONT WEST OF 120W. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS STREAMING NORTHEASTWARD DUE TO UPPER
LEVEL JET STREAM ARE WITHIN 120 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF LINE
20N120W 26N116W TO ACROSS BAJA CALIFORNIA NEAR 28N114W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.