

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id JAA22704;
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:30:16 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9106465 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:30:10 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id JAA30366 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:30:09 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id JAA28784
for [email-masked]; Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:30:08 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:30:08 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

561
WTXS31 PGTW 241500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S WARNING NR 005
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
241200Z9 --- 9.2S1 076.1E4
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 360 DEGREES AT 01 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 9.2S1 076.1E4
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
250000Z7 --- 9.0S9 076.0E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 280 DEG/ 03 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
251200Z0 --- 8.9S7 075.4E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 04 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
260000Z8 --- 8.9S7 074.5E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
241500Z2 POSITION  9.2S1   076.1E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S REMAINS QUASI-STATIONARY IN THE SOUTH INDIAN
OCEAN. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGARY. ANIMATED INFRARED AND WATER-VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATE THAT
THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO BE AFFECTED BY UPPER-LEVEL CROSS-
EQUATORIAL SHEAR. CURRENTLY IN AN AREA OF MINIMAL STEERING, THE
SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO BECOME INFLUENCED BY THE RIDGING LOCATED TO
ITS WEST-SOUTHWEST AND BEGIN TO TRACK WESTWARD WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS. TC 01S IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN WITHIN AN ENVIRONMENT OF
SIGNIFICANT VERTICAL SHEAR THROUGHOUT THE FORECAST PERIOD, AND
WEAKEN BELOW TROPICAL DEPRESSION STRENGTH AFTER THE 36 HOUR
POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 240000Z6 IS 12 FEET.
NEXT WARNINGS AT 250300Z0 (DTG 250151Z4) AND 251500Z3 (DTG
251351Z7).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.