

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id UAA51336;
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:57:39 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8425474 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:57:25 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id UAA42346 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:57:24 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA16566
for [email-masked]; Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:57:23 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:57:23 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 34s Warning Nr 009
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

258
WTXS31 PGTW 220300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 34S WARNING NR 009
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
220000Z4 --- 11.8S0 62.4E2
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 11 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 11.8S0 62.4E2
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
221200Z7 --- 11.9S1 60.2E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 11 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
230000Z5 --- 12.2S5 58.0E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
220300Z7 POSITION 11.8S0   61.8E5.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 34S HAS BEEN TRACKING WESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.  THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
220001Z5 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY.  THE WARNING INTENSITY IS
BASED ON 220001Z5 SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF 30 KNOTS,
SYNOPTIC DATA AND CONTINUITY WITH THE PREVIOUS FORECAST.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 34S CONTINUES TO TRACK WESTWARD UNDER THE
INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE LOCATED SOUTH OF THE
SYSTEM.  THIS STEERING SHOULD CONTINUE THROUGHOUT THE FORECAST
PERIOD.  TROPICAL CYCLONE 34S HAS EXPERIENCED AN INCREASE IN
CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 10 HOURS. HOWEVER, BOTH A 211931Z7
SCATTEROMETER PASS AND A 211630Z3 MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS
INDICATE THE SYSTEM=S LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS BECOMING MORE
ELONGATED.  TROPICAL CYCLONE 34S SHOULD CONTINUE TO GRADUALLY
DECREASE IN INTENSITY THROUGHOUT THE FORECAST PERIOD AS IT
CONTINUES TO REMAIN UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF WEAK VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR.  MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 220000Z IS 12 FEET.
NEXT WARNING AT 221500Z0 (DTG 221351Z4).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.