

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id JAA26762;
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:49:27 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8328126 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:48:00 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id JAA13548 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:47:59 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id JAA14553
for [email-masked]; Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:47:58 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:47:58 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In South Indian Ocean
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

834
WTXS31 PGTW 141500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GEMMA) WARNING NR 016 RELOCATED
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN

PAGE 02 RUHPSGG6075 UNCLAS
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
141200Z8 --- 14.2S7 76.5E8
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 03 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 14.2S7 76.5E8
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
150000Z6 --- 14.2S7 75.8E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 05 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:

PAGE 03 RUHPSGG6075 UNCLAS
151200Z9 --- 14.2S7 74.8E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
141500Z1 POSITION 14.2S7   76.3E6.
LATEST VISUAL AND INFRARED ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY FROM BOTH
KGWC AND PGTW INDICATE THAT THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED
WITH TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GEMMA) HAS SEPARATED FROM ITS
CONVECTION. TC 32S IS NOW MOVING WESTWARD UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF
THE HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE LOCATED TO ITS SOUTH. SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATE THAT GALE FORCE WINDS (35 KTS) ARE STILL POSSIBLE TO THE
SOUTH AND EAST OF THE CIRCULATION CENTER; HOWEVER, CONTINUED
WEAKENING IS EXPECTED AS THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION MOVES AWAY FROM
THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 141200Z IS 12
FEET. NEXT WARNING AT 150300Z9 (DTG 150151Z3).//
BT
#6075

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.