

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id XAA13328;
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 23:28:37 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8174186 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 15 Mar 1998 23:28:27 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id XAA16608 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 15 Mar 1998 23:28:01 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id XAA24304
for [email-masked]; Sun, 15 Mar 1998 23:28:00 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 15 Mar 1998 23:28:00 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

069
ABIO10 PGTW 160530
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/160530Z/171800Z MAR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/160153Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 160000Z7 TROPICAL CYCLONE 27S (ELSIE) WAS LOCATED
AT 23.1S6 077.9E3 AND MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 05 KNOTS.  MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 50 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 27S (ELSIE) WARNING NR9 (WTXS32
PGTW 160300)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14S5
064E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15S6 062E8. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY
SHOWS THE CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS DISTURBANCE HAS BECOME
MORE ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS WITH AN AREA OF DEEP
CONVECTION BECOMING ESTABLISHED OVER ITS LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER. A 151836Z8 SCATTEROMETER PASS INDICATED WINDS OF 20 TO 25
KNOTS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION. ANTI-
CYCLONIC OUTFLOW ALOFT IS GOOD TO THE SOUTH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9
051E6 HAS BECOME DISORGANIZED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT
FOR DEVELOPMENT INTO A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/SMITH/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.