

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA24622;
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 12:17:07 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11018128 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 26 Dec 1998 12:17:01 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA41222 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Dec 1998 12:16:49 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA02721
for [email-masked]; Sat, 26 Dec 1998 12:16:48 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 26 Dec 1998 12:16:48 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z DEC 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/251500Z DEC 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 261200Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.6S3 94.6E9 MOVING WESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED ARE 40
KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31PGTW 261500) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.5S0
124.0E7 HAS DISSIPATED AND NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2
133.0E7 IS NOW DISSIPATED AND NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL DISTURBANCES.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/PATTERSON/TRETHEWEY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.