

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA13990;
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:56:27 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7865111 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:56:26 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA31626 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:56:21 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA14744
for [email-masked]; Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:56:15 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:56:15 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

112
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/181800Z/191800ZFEB98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 181355Z FEB 98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 180753Z FEB 98//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 181351Z FEB 98//
RMKS/
1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 181200Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY) WAS
LOCATED AT 25.3S0 074.9E0, MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 17
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS.  SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR)
WARNING NR 25 (WTXS33 PGTW 181500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 180600Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S (BELTANE) WAS LOCATED
AT 24.1S7 43.4E1, MOVING NORTH AT 2 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF
B (TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S (BELTANE) WARNING NR 05 (WTXS32 PGTW
180900)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) AT 181200Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S WAS LOCATED AT
30.1S4 66.8E0, MOVING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 16 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 55
KNOTS. SEE REF C (TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S WARNING NR 05 (WTXS31
PGTW 181500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15S5
53E8 IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.