

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA56126;
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:52:25 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9080393 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:52:18 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA57370 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:52:16 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA16004
for [email-masked]; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:52:15 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:52:15 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

011
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z JULY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 79E6 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 78E5. 221430Z2 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS
THE SYSTEM HAS BECOME LESS ORGANIZED DUE TO THE INCREASED VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR RESTRICTING ITS DEVELOPMENT. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES THE ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS REMAINED
EXPOSED AND APPROXIMATELY 45NM FROM THE NEAREST DEEP CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20-25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/MCCULLOCH/HALL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.