

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id EAA33824;
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:33:40 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9923083 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:33:36 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id EAA29702 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:33:34 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id EAA28639
for [email-masked]; Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:33:33 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:33:33 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Are Based On 290530z9 Infrared Satellite Imagery,
290042z7
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

879
WTXS31 PGTW 290900
8 KNOTS FOR THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY
ARE BASED ON 290530Z9 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY, 290042Z7
MICROWAVE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY. 290000Z1 SURFACE ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM HAS
GENERATED FROM A VORTICITY MAXIMUM IN THE MONSOON TROUGH SOUTHEAST
OF DIEGO GARCIA. THE SYSTEM IS BEING STEERED BY THE LOWER-
TROPOSHERIC RIDGE TO ITS SOUTH THUS MAINTAINING A WESTWARD TRACK
FOR THE ENTIRE PERIOD. TD 02S IS UNDER LIGHT TO MODERATE VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR AND IS NOT EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY GREATLY FOR THE ENTIRE
FORECAST PERIOD. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 290600Z7 IS 12
FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION.
THIS WARNING SUPERSEDES AND CANCELS NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 290559Z
SEP 98 TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS21 PGTW 290600Z) NEXT
WARNINGS AT 291500Z7 (DTG 291353Z1), 292100Z4 (DTG 291953Z7),
300300Z6 (DTG 300153Z0) AND 300900Z2 (DTG 300753Z6).//

//END OF PART 02/02//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.