

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA24198;
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:44:00 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10884196 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:43:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA25368 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:43:34 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA16217
for [email-masked]; Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:43:26 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:43:26 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weatorth Indian Ocean Area
(malayeninsula W
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

478
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAYENINSULA W
EST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 66E2
IS NOW NEAR 8N8 71E8. SYNOPTIC DATA AND ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY
INDICATE MULTIPLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTERS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS
BROAD AREA OF CONVECTION IN THE ARABIAN SEA. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY INDICATES AN AREA OF LIGHT VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE
AREA. CONDITIONS ARE BEGINNING TO IMPROVE AS IMAGERY INDICATES THE
WINDSHEAR HAS WEAKENED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 110600Z7 TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (THELMA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
15.7S3 124.9E6, MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 3 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE 90 KNOTS GUSTING TO 110 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW
110900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) NO SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM:
PARSONS/MCCULLOCH/HERRON/PARKER/BALDINGER/JACKSON/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.