

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA44902;
Fri, 8 May 1998 12:53:56 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8634107 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 8 May 1998 12:53:34 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA44858 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 8 May 1998 12:53:30 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA05988
for [email-masked]; Fri, 8 May 1998 12:53:29 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Fri, 8 May 1998 12:53:29 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

578
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 5S5
44E8 IS QUASI-STATIONARY.  THIS AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED WITHIN
THE MONSOON TROUGH NORTHWEST OF MADAGASCAR AND HAS BEEN FAIRLY
PERSISTANT FOR TWO DAYS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE
S
THE PRESENCE OF A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. HOWEVER, IT APPEARS
THAT THE OUTFLOW FROM CONVECTION LOCATED FURTHER EAST IS CAUSING SOME
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE DISTURBANCE INHIBITING ANY FURTHER
CONVECTIVE DEVELOPMENT. ADDITIONALLY,  MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY FROM
081400Z4 SUGGESTS THE DISTURBANCE IS LESS ORGANIZED AS IT WAS THE
PREVIOUS DAY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE CURRENTLY ESTIMATED AT 15 T
O
25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB.   THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEX
T
24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 7S7 65E1 HAS
DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.