

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA12256;
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:16:46 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10987311 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:16:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA16816 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:16:37 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA22776
for [email-masked]; Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:16:36 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:16:36 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

301
AXPZ20 KNHC 091313
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC WED 09 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 09/1200 UTC...
...WEAK 1009 MB LOW IS CENTERED ALONG THE ITCZ NEAR 8N88W.  IT
IS DRIFTING WEST.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 12N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 09/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N78W
8N88W 6N100W 8N110W 8N122W 7N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 120W-132W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
PRESENT WITHIN 45 NM OF 9N86W-7N90W-10N92W IN ASSOCIATION WITH
THE 1009 MB LOW.  BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS CHARACTERIZES THE
REMAINDER OF THE ITCZ.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.