

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA59250;
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 01:07:06 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9544470 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 4 Sep 1998 01:07:05 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA29028 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 4 Sep 1998 01:07:04 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA11908
for [email-masked]; Fri, 4 Sep 1998 01:06:51 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Fri, 4 Sep 1998 01:06:51 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

694
WTIO20 FMEE 040600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/09/98 AT 0600 UTC
WARNING NUMBER       : 3/A1
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 04/09/98 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE  1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.4S/80.6E
(NINE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL SIX
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS LOCALLY UP TO 250
NM FROM THE CENTRE, IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT
WITH ROUGH SEAS, LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHERN SECTOR. STRONG GUSTS IN THE SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/09/98 AT 1800 UTC: 9.7 SOUTH / 77.5 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
VERY LOCAL GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT WITH ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
ARE LIKELY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, DUE TO THE GRADIENT OF
PRESSURE WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH IN THE SOUTH, AND TO THE
RAPID SPEED OF MOVEMENT OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.