

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA37602;
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 13:02:37 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11018263 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 26 Dec 1998 13:02:36 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA40662 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Dec 1998 13:02:35 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA02936
for [email-masked]; Sat, 26 Dec 1998 13:02:34 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 26 Dec 1998 13:02:34 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 261859
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC SAT 26 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 26/1800 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 26/1830 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
5N89W 3N100W 7N111W 9N122W 10N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 108W
TO 117W.  CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION ARE WITHIN
90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 127W TO 132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM
6N82W TO THE COAST OF COLOMBIA NEAR 3N77W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST HIGH
CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 300 NM OF A LINE FROM 15N137W 22N233W TO
BEYOND 32N125W IN ASSOCIATION WITH AN UPPER LEVEL JET.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.