

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id OAA37826;
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 14:35:45 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10184878 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 10 Oct 1998 14:35:44 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id OAA39598 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 10 Oct 1998 14:35:42 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA18877
for [email-masked]; Sat, 10 Oct 1998 14:35:41 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 10 Oct 1998 14:35:41 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

211
ABIO10 PGTW 101800 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z OCT 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST/100029Z OCT 98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST/101355Z OCT 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 70E7 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 13N4 72E9. A 100102Z4 MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS SHOWS
MULTIPLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATIONS ARE EMBEDDED IN THIS BROAD AREA OF
MONSOON TROUGHING WEST OF INDIA. SHEAR CHARTS AS WELL AS ANIMATED
INFRARED AND WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOW THE AREA CONTINUES TO REMAIN
UNDER MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT TO OCCUR WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD. THIS SUSPECT
AREA IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICCYCO FORMATION ALERT (TCFA) SEE
REF A FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 101200Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 03S (ZELIA) WAS LOCATED AT
13.6S0 95.4E8, MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT 7 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. TC 03S IS FORECAST TO
WEAKEN AND DISSIPATE AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 12
HOURS. SEE REF B FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/PATTERSON/HALL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.