

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA31602;
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:26:43 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10978108 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:25:17 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA13600 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:25:16 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA15322
for [email-masked]; Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:25:15 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:25:15 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 201923
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC SUN 20 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 20/1800 UTC...
...1016 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 27N138W.  IT IS NEARLY
STATIONARY.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 20N BETWEEN 115W-
130W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
5N85W 6N92W 7N101W 10N118W 10N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 90-120 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 77W-84W...AND 60 NM OF THE AXIS WEST OF 135W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS OCCURRING WITHIN 60-90 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 90W-101W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF 8N121W-12N116W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS PRESENT WITHIN 60 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 122W-134W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
60 NM OF THE AXIS CHARACTERIZES THE REMAINDER OF THE ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FROM 25N-32N BETWEEN
131W-139W IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE 1016 MB LOW.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.