

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id KAA22914;
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:15:21 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8431431 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:14:55 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id KAA44842 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:14:54 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id KAA24169
for [email-masked]; Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:14:53 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:14:53 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 34s Warning Nr 010
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

012
WTXS31 PGTW 221500
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 34S WARNING NR 010
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
221200Z7 --- 12.4S7 59.6E0
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 260 DEGREES AT 15 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 12.4S7 59.6E0
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
230000Z5 --- 13.1S5 56.8E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 250 DEG/ 14 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
231200Z8 --- 14.1S6 54.1E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
221500Z0 POSITION 12.6S9 58.9E2.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 34S IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 15 KNOTS. THE WARNING
POSITION IS BASED ON 221130Z INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE CURRENT
INTENSITY IS BASED ON CONTINUED SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30
KNOTS AS WELL AS A 220614Z SCATTEROMETER PASS. ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES THAT TC 34C IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY ELONGATED AT
LOWER-LEVELS WHILE UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW TO THE WEST IS HINDERED. THE
SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE MOVING WESTWARD TO WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD
THROUGH 24 HOURS. IT IS EXPECTED TO SLOWLY WEAKEN AS IT MOVES
INTO AN ENVIRONMENT OF INCREASING VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL WIND SHEAR.
MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 221200Z IS 12 FEET. THIS IS THE
FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR
SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//
BT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.