

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA23772;
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:58:12 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7975135 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:57:43 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA21402 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:57:41 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA09654
for [email-masked]; Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:57:40 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:57:40 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

678
ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/271800Z/281800ZFEB98//
RMKS/
1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION SOUTHEAST OF THE MASCARENE
ISLANDS PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 27.0S9 59.2E6 IS NO LONGER A
SUSPECT AREA FOR TROPICAL DEVELOPMENT.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY NEAR 22.0S4 60.0E6
REMAINS IN AN ENVIRONMENT OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND
IS BEING STEERED TO THE SOUTHEAST BY A MID-LEVEL RIDGE TO ITS
EAST. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20-25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PERSISTS WEST OF DIEGO GARCIA.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES CONVECTION HAS
DECREASED OVER THE LAST 12 HRS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
AJTWC SENDS
FORECAST TEAM: POINDEXTER/BAKER/MCNULTY//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUHPSGG60800581842

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.