

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA52230;
Thu, 28 May 1998 11:00:38 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8885864 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 28 May 1998 11:00:32 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA16866 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 28 May 1998 11:00:29 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA25787
for [email-masked]; Thu, 28 May 1998 11:00:18 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Thu, 28 May 1998 11:00:18 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northio
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

098
WTIO31 PGTW 281500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02A WARNING NR 003
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:

PAGE 02 RUEDMCC7213 UNCLAS
281200Z3 --- 13.4N8 60.3E9
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 340 DEGREES AT 03 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 13.4N8 60.3E9
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
290000Z1 --- 14.0N5 60.2E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 020 DEG/ 03 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
291200Z4 --- 14.6N1 60.4E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER

PAGE 03 RUEDMCC7213 UNCLAS
---
REMARKS:
281500Z6 POSITION 13.6N0   60.3E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 02A IS QUASI-STATIONARY AND DIFFICULT TO
POSITION. THE SYSTEM IS EXPERIENCING UPPER-LEVEL SHEAR AND
CONVECTIVE FLUCTUATION. IT IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TO MOVE SLOWLY
NORTHWARD WITH PREVAILING FLOW AND WEAKEN THROUGHOUT THE FORECAST
PERIOD. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 281200Z IS 12 FEET.
REFER TO WWIO31 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT
WARNINGS AT 282100Z3 (DTG 281951Z6), 290300Z4 (DTG 290151Z8) AND
290900Z0 (DTG 290751Z4).//
BT
#7213

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.