

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id DAA33612;
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 03:57:25 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10617645 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 7 Nov 1998 03:57:24 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id DAA33594 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 7 Nov 1998 03:57:23 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id DAA05195
for [email-masked]; Sat, 7 Nov 1998 03:57:21 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 7 Nov 1998 03:57:21 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

680
ABIO10 PGTW 071000
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/071000Z/071800Z NOV 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 80E8 IS
NOW LOCATED OVER SOUTHERN INDIA AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 95E4 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 98E7. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS
ORGANIZATION CONTINUES TO IMPROVE. A 062313Z5 MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS
SHOWS A LARGE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION IS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS
CONVECTION. A 070337Z0 SCATTEROMETER PASS CONFIRMS A LARGE ELONGATED
CIRCULATION, AND SHOWS THAT THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE STILL LOCATED
AWAY FROM THE LOW-LEVEL CENTER. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY
INDICATE THAT UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IN THE AREA IS GOOD. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADE 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.