

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id UAA38658;
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:16:02 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11015052 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:14:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id UAA41110 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:14:33 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA29158
for [email-masked]; Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:14:32 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:14:32 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS31 PGTW 260300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) WARNING NR 003
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
260000Z8 --- NEAR 16.6S3 95.9E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 09 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 16.6S3 95.9E3
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
261200Z1 --- 16.8S5 94.0E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 265 DEG/ 10 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
270000Z9 --- 17.0S8 92.0E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 10 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
271200Z2 --- 17.3S1 90.0E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 11 KTS
---
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
280000Z0 --- 17.6S4 87.7E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
260300Z1 POSITION NEAR 16.6S3   95.4E8.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 9 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 252330Z5 VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON 252330Z5
SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 35 KNOTS. VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY
CONFIRMS TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY)=S LOW-LEVEL IS BECOMING AN
EXPOSED CIRCULATION.  TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) IS MOVING
WESTWARD IN THE LOW- TO MID-LEVEL STEERING FLOW FROM THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE TO IS SOUTH. HOWEVER, THE SYSTEM=S DEEP CONVECTION IS BEING
CARRIED SOUTHWARD IN MID-LEVEL FLOW. TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) IS
FORECAST TO CONTINUE MOVING WESTWARD UNDER THE STEERING INFLUENCE OF
THE RIDGE TO ITS SOUTH. AS THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO LOSE ITS
CONVECTIVE SUPPORT, IT IS FORECAST TO WEAKEN. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT
WAVE HEIGHT AT 260000Z8 IS 12 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 261500Z4 (DTG
261351Z8) AND 270300Z2 (DTG 270151Z6).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.