

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id OAA13360;
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 14:13:28 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8041526 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 4 Mar 1998 14:11:58 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id OAA20432 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 4 Mar 1998 14:10:05 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA20885
for [email-masked]; Wed, 4 Mar 1998 14:09:58 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 4 Mar 1998 14:09:58 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

838
ABIO10 PGTW 041800 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11S2
101E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13S4 101E2 IN AN AREA OF BROAD
TROUGHING SOUTH OF SUMATRA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES DEEP  CONVECTION NEAR A FAIRLY ORGANIZED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER. UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE FAVORABLE FOR
CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT ALTHOUGH SIGNIFICANT OUTFLOW OVER THE
DISTURBANCE HAS NOT YET OCCURRED. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2)  AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 10S1 093E2.
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A POSSIBLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES DEFINITE BROAD AREA TROUGHING.
MODERATE DEEP CONVECTION APPEARS TO BE INITIAL CENTRAL
CONVECTION AND SHOWS SOME INDICATION OF CYCLONIC WRAP. UPPER-
LEVEL WINDS ARE FAVORABLE FOR CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT ALTHOUGH
OUTFLOW OVER THE DISTURBANCE HAS NOT YET BEEN ESTABLISHED.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/JOHNSTON/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.