

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA35868;
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:20:45 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11044003 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:20:44 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA36110 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:20:43 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA05023
for [email-masked]; Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:20:42 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:20:42 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 301917
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC WED 30 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 30/1800 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS EXTREME NW CORNER OF THE AREA...PASSING
THROUGH 33N137W BEYOND 30N140W..MOVING EAST 10-15 KT.
...HIGH PRESSURE NORTH OF 15N BETWEEN 118W AND COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 30/1830 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION 5N77W-5N97W-
9N110W-10N123W-10N140W.

WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION
WITHIN 30-60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 8N118W-11N123W-
10N125W-7N130W.

ISOLATED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 15-30 NM RADIUS
OF 8.5N109W...9N109W...AND 9.5N112W.

WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION
FROM 4.5N TO 6N BETWEEN 80W AND 81W.

PATCHES OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE LEVEL CLOUDS AND
POSSIBLE EMBEDDED SHOWERS ARE SOUTH OF LINE 7N77W-7N90W-
10N100W-12N123W-10N140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30-60 NM RADIUS
10.5139W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST MIDDLE AND HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ARE
WITHIN 200 NM EITHER SIDE 30N132W-20N137W-14N137W...CURVING
NORTH AND NORTHEAST.

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.