

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id WAA66068;
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 22:31:25 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8855931 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 8 Jun 1998 22:19:04 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id VAA17898 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 8 Jun 1998 21:54:34 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id VAA06771
for [email-masked]; Mon, 8 Jun 1998 21:54:23 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Mon, 8 Jun 1998 21:54:23 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 03a Warning Nr 020
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

372
WTIO31 PGTW 090300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY NEW DELHI
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A WARNING NR 020
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
090000Z9 --- 21.2N5 68.9E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 040 DEGREES AT 10 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 090 KT, GUSTS 110 KT
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 040 NM SOUTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
035 NM ELSEWHERE
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 100 NM SOUTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
OVER WATER
090 NM ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 21.2N5 68.9E3
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
091200Z2 --- 22.4N8 70.6E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 060 KT, GUSTS 075 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 025 NM SOUTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
OVER WATER
020 NM ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 075 NM SOUTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
OVER WATER
065 NM ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 055 DEG/ 12 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
100000Z1 --- 23.8N3 72.8E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
090300Z2 POSITION 21.5N8   69.3E8.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A HAS TRACKED NORTHEASTWARD AT 10 KNOTS FOR
THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO GO ONSHORE FURTHER
SOUTH THAN PREVIOUSLY FORECASTED, NEAR THE CITY OF PORBANDAR.
THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED UPON A 082226Z0 ENHANCED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND BY ANIMATION. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS
BASED UPON A SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF 90 KNOTS. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 03A CONTINUES TO BE A FORMIDABLE SYSTEM AND IS ONE OF THE
STRONGEST EVER OBSERVED IN THE ARABIAN SEA. THE SYSTEM WILL REACH
LAND DURING THE NEXT 3 HOURS. ONCE INLAND, THE SYSTEM SHOULD
WEAKEN RAPIDLY AND DISSIPATE BY THE 24 HOUR POSITION. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 090000Z IS 22 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW
FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT 090900Z8 (DTG
090751Z2), 091500Z5 (DTG 091351Z9) AND 092100Z2 (DTG 091951Z5).//
BT
#0001

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.