

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA17894;
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 01:38:07 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10919831 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 4 Dec 1998 01:37:58 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA17854 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 4 Dec 1998 01:37:57 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA13315
for [email-masked]; Fri, 4 Dec 1998 01:37:56 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 4 Dec 1998 01:37:56 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

316
AXPZ20 KNHC 040738
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC FRI 04 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 04/0600 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N118W...AND CONTINUES ALONG
25N126W TO ABOUT 14N135W...DIFFUSE WESTWARD FROM THERE.
IT IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEAST AROUND 20 KNOTS EAST OF 130W..
AND SOUTH 10-15 KNOTS WEST OF 130W.
...HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE BUILDING SOUTHEASTWARD THROUGH 30N126W
24N125W 18N116W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF
15N WEST OF 115W...EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD
FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 04/0700 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 6N78W
9N86W 6N95W 8N110W 10N120W 10N130W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60-70 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
117W-120W...AND 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 110W-111W. ISOLATED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS 85W-90W AND 129W-137W. ISOLATED
SHOWERS POSSIBLE WITHIN 120 NM OF REMAINDER OF AXIS.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED RAIN PATCHES
AND WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 14N-19N BETWEEN
117W-140W. HIGH CLOUDINESS WITHIN THIS AREA IS STREAMING NORTH-
EASTWARD.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.