

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id AAA10272;
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:12:26 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10243119 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:12:24 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id AAA43634 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:11:48 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id AAA13582
for [email-masked]; Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:11:47 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:11:47 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significannxkopin
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

686
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGIKKGENADMIN/CCPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANNXKOPIN
WEATHER
DVISORY FOR OHE INDIAN
FZOCEAN/141880Z.151800MLOCT 98//
YMKS/
1. NMRTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAS OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
BO THE BROAD
MONSOON
OUGHING EXTENDINGNKVTHE NORTHERN
RABIAN SEA ACROSS
,8,59 5?3 ?-6 9? ?9?-). ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS
SOME ORGANIZATION BUT NO DISCERNABLE LOW-VEEL CIRCULATION.
ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AS WELL AS AN
IATED INFRPFOGLIMAGERY
SHOW MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR STILL EXISTS OVER
THIS AREA. THE CONVECTION HAS BEEM QUITE SPORADIC OVEC THE PAST
12 HOURS.-MAXIMUM SUSTAINED INDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20
KNOTS. MNIMUM SA LEVEL PRESSURE IS JICIATED O BE 1004 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT TO OCCUR
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS ISX994.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOASLY LOCMMMGLNEAR 10,6 82E0
IS NOW LOCUTED NEAR 16N7 82E0 .=7-5 9?? 5?3 3--535, :9--- 9? 8,?8-.
THE NONVECTION IN THIS AREA HAS NFDWSTED FOR THE POL24
HOURS AND IS LOCATED WITHIN THE BROAD MONSOON TROUGHING EXTENFINL
FROM VGE NORTHERN ARABIAN SEA ACROSS KNDIA INTO THE BAY OF
BENO
L. 1412
Z  SYNOPTIC REPORTS SHXW EVIDENCE OF A LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION. HOWEVER, ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AND ANIMATED
INFRARED SATSLLITE IMAGERY SHOW MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR EXISTS OVER THIS AREA. LAND EFFECTS APPECFBOO BE INHIBITQNG
DEVELOPMENT AS WELL. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15
GWSOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF

A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TRMPICA
DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECASTTEAM: LUNSFORD/JOHNSON/TIRSCHEL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.