

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA18804;
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 12:08:06 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7578195 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 24 Jan 1998 12:08:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA17730 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 24 Jan 1998 12:07:53 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA27940
for [email-masked]; Sat, 24 Jan 1998 12:07:52 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 24 Jan 1998 12:07:52 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

641
ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z JAN 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GUAM 241521Z JAN 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16S7 125E8 I
S NOW NEAR
17S8 123E6. THIS AREA IS CURRENTLY THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION
ALERT. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS21 PGTW 24153
0)) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVEL
OPMENT IN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 07S7 056E1. THIS AREA OF
CONVECTION HAS BEEN PERSISTANT FOR AT LEAST 12 HOURS AND IS ASSOCIATE
D WITH A
NEARBY LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTI
MATED AT 10
TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. T
HE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEX
T 24 HOURS
IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/SMITH/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.