

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id IAA30668;
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 08:04:46 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11022097 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 27 Dec 1998 08:04:37 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id IAA37560 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 27 Dec 1998 08:04:36 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id IAA07320
for [email-masked]; Sun, 27 Dec 1998 08:04:35 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 27 Dec 1998 08:04:35 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS31 PGTW 271500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) WARNING NR 006
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
271200Z2 --- NEAR 16.1S8 92.7E8
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 295 DEGREES AT 05 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 16.1S8 92.7E8
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
280000Z0 --- 15.8S4 91.4E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 280 DEG/ 07 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
281200Z3 --- 15.6S2 90.0E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 265 DEG/ 08 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
290000Z1 --- 15.7S3 88.4E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
271500Z5 POSITION NEAR 16.0S7  92.4E5.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) HAS TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 5
KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY
ARE BASED ON 2271130Z6 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. RECENT VISIBLE
IMAGERY CONFIRMS THAT THE SYSTEM=S MID-LEVEL AND DEEP CONVECTION IS
COMPLETELY SHEARED, EXPOSING A FAIRLY ORGANIZED SURFACE CIRCULATION
WHICH IS BEING STEERED BY THE LOW-LEVEL FLOW OF RIDGING TO THE
SYSTEMS SOUTH. AS TC 10S (CATHY) IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE IN A HIGH
VERTICAL SHEAR ENVIRONMENT, DISSIPATION AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE IS ANTICIPATED NEAR THE 24 HOUR FORECAST POSITION. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 271200Z2 IS 12 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT
280300Z3 (DTG 280151Z7) AND 281500Z6 (DTG 281351Z0).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.