

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id TAA30702;
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 19:27:37 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11020106 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 26 Dec 1998 19:27:37 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id TAA40162 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Dec 1998 19:27:36 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA04441
for [email-masked]; Sat, 26 Dec 1998 19:27:35 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 26 Dec 1998 19:27:35 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 270123
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC SUN 27 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 27/0000 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/0130 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
6N85W 6N91W 3N100W 2N106W 7N112W 6N120W 10N130W 9N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 129W-133W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 110W-117W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 70 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 79W-85W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS OVER
COLOMBIA FROM 4N-7N BETWEEN 73W-77W.  OTHER SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS FROM 14N-23N BETWEEN 132W-136W.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS NOTED FROM 14N TO BEYOND 32N
BETWEEN 120W-140W...AND NORTH OF 20N BETWEEN MEXICO AND 120W
MOVING NE.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.