

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id CAA16462;
Wed, 6 May 1998 02:29:02 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8597408 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 6 May 1998 02:28:57 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id CAA23024 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 6 May 1998 02:28:30 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA18244
for [email-masked]; Wed, 6 May 1998 02:28:29 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Wed, 6 May 1998 02:28:29 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

134
ABIO10 PGTW 060800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/060800Z/061800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1)  AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS FORMED NEAR 5S5 65E1 OVER THE PA
ST 12
HOURS. A 051833Z0 SCATTEROMETER PASS SHOWS THAT THIS CONVECTION IS AS
SOCIATED
WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED A
T 10 TO 15
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA SURFACE PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE P
OTENTIAL
FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT TO OCCUR WITHIN 24 HOURS
IS POOR.
(2)  NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: TO ADD SUSPECT AREA 2.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/HATFIELD/HALL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.