

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id VAA52924;
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 21:28:31 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9114099 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 24 Jul 1998 21:28:24 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id VAA18856 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 24 Jul 1998 21:28:23 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id VAA13000
for [email-masked]; Fri, 24 Jul 1998 21:28:22 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Fri, 24 Jul 1998 21:28:22 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

179
WTXS31 PGTW 250300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S WARNING NR 006
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
250000Z7 --- 8.8S6 77.2E6
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 090 DEGREES AT 05 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 8.8S6 77.2E6
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
251200Z0 --- 8.7S5 77.8E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
250300Z0 POSITION  8.8S6   77.4E8.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES TROPICAL CYCLONE
01S HAS ENTERED AN AREA WITH INCREASED VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. 242330Z4
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES MINIMAL CONVECTION REMAINS NEAR
THE CENTER. THEREFOR, THIS SYSTEM HAS DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 250000Z7 IS
12 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION.
THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON
WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.