

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA18608;
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 07:31:49 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10967405 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 19 Dec 1998 07:31:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA20634 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Dec 1998 07:31:37 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA04325
for [email-masked]; Sat, 19 Dec 1998 07:31:36 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 19 Dec 1998 07:31:36 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 191329
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC SAT 19 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 19/1200 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE COVERS REGION N OF 18N BETWEEN 115W-130W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 19/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
6N77W 5N90W 7N100W 7N107W 11N115W 10N120W 8N130W 7N140W.
SCATTERED CLUSTERS OF STRONG CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 77W-80W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
99W-106W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 150 NM
OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 110W-121W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 127W-133W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH
A COLD FRONT NEARING THE REGION IS FROM 27N-31N W OF 138W.
CONVECTION IS EMBEDDED IN BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS
FROM 20N-32N WEST OF 131W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS
NOTED FROM 15N-21N BETWEEN 107W-120W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.