

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id TAA38766;
Wed, 13 May 1998 19:30:28 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8697755 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 13 May 1998 19:29:03 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id TAA24750 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 13 May 1998 19:27:25 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA20648
for [email-masked]; Wed, 13 May 1998 19:27:24 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Wed, 13 May 1998 19:27:24 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

676
ABIO10 PGTW 140000
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/140000Z/141800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION AND CONVECTION AREA PREVIOUSLY
LOCATED AT 4N 85E (CONVECTION WAS LOCATED 1N 85E) HAS ONCE AGAIN
STARTED TO BECOME MORE ORGANIZED NEAR 8N 86E.  ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND AVAILABLE SYNOPTIC DATA (INCLUDING THE 12/1637Z
SCATTEROMETER PASS FROM YESTERDAY) INDICATE THAT THIS LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION IS LOCATED WELL NORTH OF THE HEAVY MONSOON CONVECTION
LOCATED TO ITS SOUTH. RECENT DATA SHOWS THE LOW-LEVEL WINDS ARE NOW
CONCENTRATING IN ONE REGION, WHILE NEW CONVECTION IS OBSERVED FORMING
CLOSER IN TO THE LOW LEVEL CENTER.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
CURRENTLY ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMAED AT 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVLOPMENT WITH THE NEXT 24-HOUR IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SULLINS/HATFILED/HALL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.