

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA05222;
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 13:19:39 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10853964 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 29 Nov 1998 13:19:34 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA19796 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 29 Nov 1998 13:19:33 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA03114
for [email-masked]; Sun, 29 Nov 1998 13:19:32 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 29 Nov 1998 13:19:32 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

551
AXPZ20 KNHC 291919
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC SUN 29 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 29/1800 UTC...
...NEW COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N138W...AND CONTINUES
TO OUT OF THE REGION AT 32N140W.  IT IS MOVING SOUTHEAST-
WARD 15-20 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 29/1830 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 6N79W
6N90W 7N100W 6N110W 8N125W 8N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60-70 NM OF AXIS WEST OF
138W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 180 NM OF AXIS
BETWEEN 99W-104W...AND 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 129W-135W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS FROM
104W-113W AND 123W-127W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 79W-80W AND 115W-118W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 15N-19N BETWEEN 112W-118W.
BROKEN MID/HIGH CLOUDS STREAMING NORTHEASTWARD DENOTING
SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM ARE ON EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM
10N123W THROUGH 16N119W 20N114W TO ACROSS BAJA PENINSULA
NEAR 24N111W. THE JET STREAM AXIS HAS SHIFTED EASTWARD ABOUT
1 DEG DURING PAST SIX HOURS.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 60-100 NM OF COAST OF SOUTHERN COAST OF COSTA RICA.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.