

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA32786;
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 13:25:35 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7724697 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 7 Feb 1998 13:25:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA15360 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 7 Feb 1998 13:25:33 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA06282
for [email-masked]; Sat, 7 Feb 1998 13:25:32 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 7 Feb 1998 13:25:32 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

136
ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/071800ZFEB98/081800ZFEB98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 070551Z FEB 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13S4 064E0 IS
NOW
LOCATED NEAR 14S5 064E0 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORM
ATION
ALERT. REFER TO REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS21 PGTW
070800))
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 20S2
045E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 21S3 045E9. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES THAT TH
E
CIRCULATION  CENTER HAS MOVED OVER LAND. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY
INDICATES UPPER-LEVEL ANTI-CYCLONIC OUTFLOW IS FAIR ALTHOUGH CONSTRIC
TED ON THE
SOUTHWEST SIDE. CONVECTION IS ALSO INDICATED TO HAVE WARMED SIGNIFICA
NTLY.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TR
OPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14S5 128E1 IS
NOW LOCATED
NEAR 15S6 127E0. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES AN ASSOCIATED LO
W-LEVEL
CIRCULATION. HOWEVER THE PRIMARY DEEP CONVECTION, LOCATED ADJACENT TO
THE CENTER
APPEARS TO BE OROGRAPHICALLY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED A
T 10 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE POT
ENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS
POOR.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/JOHNSON/HALL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.