

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA09904;
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 13:12:31 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8929025 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 14 Jun 1998 13:12:30 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA10356 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 14 Jun 1998 13:11:54 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA06477
for [email-masked]; Sun, 14 Jun 1998 13:11:53 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Sun, 14 Jun 1998 13:11:53 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

195
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z JUNE 98//RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED CENTERED NEAR
18N9 85E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18N9 82E0.  141338Z0 MICROWAVE
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS MOVED
ONSHORE.  THE AREA OF CONVECTION AND ASSOCIATED CIRCULATION ARE NO
LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 14N5 90E9.  141338Z0
MICROWAVE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS LINEAR CONVERGENCE IN THE AREA OF
PERSISTENT, INTENSE CONVECTION. IN ADDITION, ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR TO THE NORTH OF
THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINUMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: HILDEBRAND/LUNSFORD/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.