

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA04524;
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 11:44:15 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8088207 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 8 Mar 1998 11:44:10 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA41876 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 8 Mar 1998 11:44:09 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA19134
for [email-masked]; Sun, 8 Mar 1998 11:44:08 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 8 Mar 1998 11:44:08 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

693
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z MAR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/081351Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1)  AT 081200Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE)
WAS LOCATED AT 20.7S9 69.9E4 AND MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 06 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ESTIMATED AT 50 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 60
KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) WARNING NR 05
(WTXS31 PGTW 081500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLAND OF SUMATRA NEAR 11.2S4 91.1E1 IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 12.0S3 91.0E0. UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IS GOOD IN ALL
QUADRANTS HOWEVER, THIS SYSTEM HAS BECOME DISORGANIZED OVER THE
PAST 06 HOURS WITH NO INCREASE IN CONVECTION. WATER VAPOR
DERIVED WINDS STILL INDICATE THE PRESENCE OF A WEAK ANTICYCLONE
ABOVE THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 KNOTS GUSTING TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SULLINS/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.