

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id DAA62892;
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 03:36:27 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9172905 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 6 Aug 1998 03:36:26 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id DAA47520 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 6 Aug 1998 03:36:25 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id DAA12815
for [email-masked]; Thu, 6 Aug 1998 03:36:25 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Thu, 6 Aug 1998 03:36:25 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northwestpac
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

921
WTIO31 PGTW 060800
1. TROPICAL DEPRESSIOM KVW WARNING NR 001
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHWESTPAC
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
WARNING POWCJKAAVL PYPYPPZ2 --- 12.9N2 128.2E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 335 DEGREES AT 08 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO W THIN 060 NM
POSITION BAEED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WUNDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
REPEA POSIT: 12.9N2 128.2E3
FORECASTS:
$  12 HRS, VALID AT:
061800Z5 --- 14.2N7 127.44
00 MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 05 KT, GUSTAGPET KT
VPVECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 315 DEG/ 0:0KTS
24 HRS, VALID AT:
070600Z3 --- 15.3N9 126.2E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 OUF<7-5- 040 KT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 305 DEG/ 08 KTS
36 HRS, VALID AT:
071800Z6 --- 16.2N9 124.8E5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
REMARKS:
060900Z5 POSITION 13.2N6  128 0E1.
TROPICAL DEPRESWONPVAQW HAS TRACKEDVPMRTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 8
KNOTS MR THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
060530Z4 VISUAL SUTELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
ON 060530Z4 SATELLITE DVORAK QNTENSITY ESTIMATE OF 25 KNOTS AND
SYNOPTIC OBSERVATIONS OF 20 KNOT WINDS SURROUNDING THE LOW-LEVEL
CENTER. TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05W IS A
ALL SYSTEM THAT HAS FORMED
EAST OF THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS AND IS TRACKING NORTH=
NORHWESTWARD UNDER STEERING FLOW FROM A 7P MB RIDGE LOCATED TO
ITS NORTH. THE SYSTEM SHOULD CONTINUE TO TRACNORTH=
NORTHWESTWARD THROUGH THE 12-HOUR FORECAST POSITION AND THEN TAKE
A MORPORTHWESTWARD TRACK THROUGHOUT THE REMAINDER OKPTHE
FORECAST PERIOD. TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05W SHOULD INTENSIFY SLOWLY
TO 30 KNOTS ASPIT REMAINUAP Z)=
9
59
475 .9?34-53 28,? -?3-4. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 060600Z2 IS 12 FEET. REFER TO WWPW30 PGFW FOR
ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. IF THE JOINT TYPHOMN PVING
CENTER ICIPATES THAT THIS TROPICAL DEPRESSION WILL REACH
TROPICAL STORM INTENSITY, THEN A STANDAK72 HOQR TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNING WILL BE ISSUED. OTHERWISE, 36 HOUR TROPICAL
DEPRESSION WARNINGS WILL BE UPDATED EVERY 12 MMURS. THIS WARNING
SUPERSEDES AND CN-2=

>20-:.359::3, 23-5 <70051851Z0 AUG 98
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTPN21 PGTW 051900Z5). NEXT
WARNINGS AT 062100Z9 (DTG 061951Z2) AND 070900Z6 ?9.
070751Z0).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.