

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id RAA13532;
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:05:22 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7945132 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:05:18 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id RAA17354 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:05:17 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id RAA07523
for [email-masked]; Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:05:16 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:05:16 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Rmks/1. Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

601
WTXS22 PGTW 252300
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 252253Z FEB 98//
RMKS/1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE
WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 23.0S5 56.1E2 TO
29.3S4 62.2E0 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE
DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE
WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE
20 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 251801Z INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 23.2S7 56.4E5.  THE
SYSTEM IS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 10 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS:  ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS DEEP
CONVECTION HAS REDEVELOPED OVER THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER. UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW HAS IMPROVED AND IS FAIR TO GOOD
IN ALL QUADRANTS.  THIS SYSTEM PRODUCED GUSTS TO AT LEAST 25
KNOTS AT PLAISANCE (WMO NUMBER 61990) AS IT TRANSITED THE
MASCARENE ISLANDS.  THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT IS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 262300Z2.
AJTWC NAVPACMETOCCEN SENDS.//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUHPSGG58140562303

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.