

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA14992;
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:16:04 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10826977 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:15:57 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA21598 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:15:50 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA18756
for [email-masked]; Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:15:49 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:15:49 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

782
ABIO10 PGTW 251800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z NOV 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/250051Z NOV 98//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6S6 69E5 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 6S6 65E1. SYNOPTIC REPORTS INDICATE A LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION STILL EXISTS IN THE AREA. HOWEVER, ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THAT THE CONVECTION HAS BECOME SIGNIFICANTLY
LESS ORGANIZED AND THE DEEP CONVECTION HAS DISSIPATED. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 10 TO 20 KNOTS. THE MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR. SEE REF A (WTIO21 PGTW 250100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/SANCHEZ/TRETHEWEY//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RHHMMCB03533291811

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.