

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA16240;
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:18:17 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10803304 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:18:08 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA15452 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:18:04 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA04289
for [email-masked]; Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:17:52 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:17:52 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

265
AXPZ20 KNHC 231917
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC MON 23 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 23/1800 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N132W...AND EXTENDS TO
28N137W WHERE IT BECOMES DIFFUSE TO 27N140W.  IT IS
MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AROUND 15 KNOTS.
...1011 MB LOW LOCATED NEAR 9N93W. IT IS MOVING WEST 5-10
KNOTS.
...1023 MB HIGH NEAR 27N131W.  HIGH PRESSURE PRESENT NORTH OF
10N WEST OF 115W...EXCEPT IN VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 23/1846 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
7N90W 6N100W 10N110W 10N120W 9N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED STRONG
CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS FROM 137W-139W. SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM
116W-118W AND 131W-133W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
60 NM OF AXIS FROM 110W-113W AND 121W-124W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 104W-108W.
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W
-104W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION FROM 11N-16N BETWEEN 100W-
104W.  SIMILAR CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION FROM 11N-15N BETWEEN 90W-98W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.