

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA23274;
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 12:37:31 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7616976 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 28 Jan 1998 12:37:31 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA17374 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 28 Jan 1998 12:37:27 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA07356
for [email-masked]; Wed, 28 Jan 1998 12:37:26 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 28 Jan 1998 12:37:26 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

683
ABIO10 PGTW 281800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/281800Z/291800Z JAN 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GUAM 281351ZJAN98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GUAM 280253ZJAN98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1)  AT 281200Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) WAS LOCATED AT
19.6S6
111.8E1, MOVING WESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 110 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 135 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL C
YCLONE 15S
(TIFFANY) WARNING NR 14 (WTXS31 PGTW 281500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDAT
ES FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2)  NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1)  AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 14S5 131E5 AND IS THE SUBJ
ECT
OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT, REF B. THIS AREA OF CONVECTION
IS
ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) WHICH GENE
RATED IN
THE GULF OF CARPENTARIA AND HAS MOVED TOWARDS THE WEST. THE 281200Z3
POSITION IS
ON THE COAST OF AUSTRALIA NEAR THE JOSEPH BONAPARTE GULF. MAXIMUM SUS
TATINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED
TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE REGENER
ATION
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
(2)  NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: HILDEBRAND/MCCULLOCH/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.