

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA34952;
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:23:13 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7862375 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:23:08 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA33398 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:23:07 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA08548
for [email-masked]; Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:23:06 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:23:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    03 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

747
WTXS33 PGTW 181500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY) WARNING NR 025
03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
181200Z2 --- 25.3S0 74.9E0
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 200 DEGREES AT 17 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 25.3S0 74.9E0
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
190000Z0 --- 28.6S6 73.9E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 170 DEG/ 17 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
191200Z3 --- 31.9S3 74.6E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
181500Z5 POSITION 26.1S9   74.6E7
TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY) HAS BEEN TRACKING SOUTH-
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 17 KNOTS FOR THE PAST 06 HOURS. VISIBLE AND
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE SYSTEM IS
BECOMING INCREASINGLY DISORGANIZED AND DIFFICULT TO LOCATE.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY ALSO INDICATES A SURFACE FRONT
APPROACHING FROM THE WEST. TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY)
SHOULD TURN SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD DURING THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS
AS IT MERGES WITH THE SURFACE FRONT. THE SYSTEM SHOULD
DISSIPATE AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER THE WATER BY
THE 24 HOUR POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT
181200Z IS 12 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 190300Z3 (DTG 190155Z1).
REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S (BELTANE) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW)
FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE  24S
WARNINGS (WTXS31 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.