

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA18664;
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 01:53:46 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10948157 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 17 Dec 1998 01:53:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA23878 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Dec 1998 01:50:24 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA23214
for [email-masked]; Thu, 17 Dec 1998 01:45:45 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 17 Dec 1998 01:45:45 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northio
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

449
WTIO31 PGTW 170900
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 08A WARNING NR 018
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
170600Z4 --- NEAR 18.6N5 57.4E6
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 285 DEGREES AT 14 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 18.6N5 57.4E6
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
171800Z7 --- 19.5N5 54.8E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 315 DEG/ 11 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
180600Z5 --- 21.0N3 53.1E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 015 KT, GUSTS 025 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
170900Z7 POSITION NEAR 18.8N7 56.7E8.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 08A HAS TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 14 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED
ON 190439Z6 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY. VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES THAT THE SYSTEM IS BEGINNING TO LOSE ORGANIZATION. THERE
ARE NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES IN THE FORECAST OR FORECAST PHILOSOPHY.
THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO MAKE LANDFALL IN THE NEXT 6 HOURS. A
WEST-NORTHWESTWARD BECOMING SLIGHTLY MORE NORTHWARD TRACK IS
EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS WITH RAPID WEAKENING. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 170600Z4 IS 12 FEET. REFER TO WWPWIO30
PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT
171500Z4 (DTG 171357Z4), 172100Z1 (DTG 171957Z0) AND 180300Z2 (DTG
180157Z2).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.