

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA17700;
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 01:33:19 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10973802 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 20 Dec 1998 01:31:47 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA06622 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Dec 1998 01:31:46 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA11126
for [email-masked]; Sun, 20 Dec 1998 01:31:46 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 20 Dec 1998 01:31:46 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 200723
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC SUN 20 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 20/0600 UTC...
...A 1016 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 27N138W.  A TROUGH EXTENDS
FROM THE LOW ALONG 25N136W TO 21N143W.  IT IS NEARLY
STATIONARY.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 20N FROM 115W TO
130W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING THROUGH 32N128W TO 20N117W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/0615 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 4N78W
6N90W 7N100W 8N111W 9N120W 10N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 88W
TO 93W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/75 NM OF THE
AXIS FROM 123W TO 127W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN A 90 NM RADIUS OF
13N117.5W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS INLAND AND WITHIN 30 NM ALONG
THE COAST OF COLOMBIA FROM THE BORDER OF ECUADOR TO 4N AND FROM
6N TO THE BORDER OF PANAMA.  BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS
WITH SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION ARE FROM 24N TO 30N BETWEEN
132W AND 140W IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE 1016 MB LOW.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.