

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id CAA29522;
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 02:13:14 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8109072 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 10 Mar 1998 02:13:08 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id CAA23614 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 10 Mar 1998 02:13:07 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA11270
for [email-masked]; Tue, 10 Mar 1998 02:13:06 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Tue, 10 Mar 1998 02:13:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Rmks/
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

109
WTXS22 PGTW 090800
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 090751Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE
WITHIN 170 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 12.5S8 91.6E6 TO
15.2S8 83.0E1 WITHIN THE NEXT 18 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA
DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS
AT THIS TIME.  WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 25 TO 35
KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 090532Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION
CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 12.8S1 90.0E9.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING
WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 03 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS: ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS DEEP
CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED OVER THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
DURING THE PAST 06 HOURS.  EXTRAPOLATION OF 090243Z8 MICROWAVE
IMAGERY INDICATES THIS SYSTEM=S EXTENSIVE LOW-LEVEL INFLOW IS
BECOMING MORE ORGANIZED.  ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS
THE UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IS GOOD IN ALL QUADRANTS.  THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 100800Z9.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.