

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id QAA13046;
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:40:38 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9934710 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:40:33 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id QAA55774 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:36:37 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id QAA18523
for [email-masked]; Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:36:36 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:36:36 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 02s Warning Nr 003
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

156
WTXS31 PGTW 292100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S WARNING NR 003
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
291800Z0 --- 8.8S6 77.2E6
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 260 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 8.8S6 77.2E6
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
300600Z9 --- 8.9S7 76.0E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT

PAGE 03 RUHPSGG2550 UNCLAS
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 06 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
301800Z2 --- 9.1S0 74.8E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 07 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
010600Z7 --- 9.3S2 73.3E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
292100Z4 POSITION  8.8S6  76.9E2.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 6 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6

HOURS. CURRENT POSITION AND INTENSITY (35 KNOTS) ARE BASED ON
291730Z2 INFRARED SATELLITE ANALYSIS.  SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION IS 105NM EAST OF THE CONVECTION. THE

PAGE 04 RUHPSGG2550 UNCLAS
STEERING FLOW IS WESTWARD AS THE SYSTEM LIES BETWEEN THE MONSOON
TROUGH TO THE NORTH AND THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO ITS SOUTH. TC 02S
IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE ITS WESTWARD TRACK UNTIL IT DISSIPATES AS A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE BY THE 36 HOUR POSITION. TC 02S IS
EXPECTED TO BEGIN WEAKENING OVER THE NEXT 12 HOURS AS THE VERTICAL
WINDSHEAR REMAINS STRONG THROUGHOUT THE PERIOD. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT
WAVE HEIGHT AT 291800Z0 IS 12 FEET. REFER TO WWIO31 PGFW FOR
ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT 300300Z6 (DTG
300153Z2), 300900Z2 (DTG 300753Z8), 301500Z9 (DTG 301353Z5) AND
302100Z6 (DTG 301953Z1).//
BT
#2550

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.