

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA36650;
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 07:50:18 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9076611 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 07:50:17 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA36704 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 07:48:46 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA08148
for [email-masked]; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 07:48:45 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Wed, 22 Jul 1998 07:48:45 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

995
WTIO20 FMEE 221200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/07/98 AT 1200 UTC
WARNING NUMBER       : 7/H4
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 22/07/98 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION  998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.7S/77.7E
(NINE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL
SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 60 NM FROM
THE CENTRE, IN THE WESTERN AND SOUTHWESTERN SECTORS, BUT
EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT
WITH ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND UP TO 150 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SECTOR. STRONG GUSTS IN THE SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 23/07/98 AT 0000 UTC: 9.9 SOUTH / 76.4 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTENSION IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR IS
GENERATED BY THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE OF THE SOUTH. WEAKENING TREND DUE TO SHEARED
CONDITIONS. NEXT BULLETIN WILL BE ISSUED AT 00 UTC IF
NECESSARY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.