

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA41100;
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 12:54:54 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9562328 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 5 Sep 1998 12:54:53 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA41082 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 5 Sep 1998 12:54:52 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA06582
for [email-masked]; Sat, 5 Sep 1998 12:54:37 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Sat, 5 Sep 1998 12:54:37 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>

489
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/051800Z SEP 98/061800Z SEP 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/050630Z SEP 98//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELATION//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11S2 79E6,
AND THE SUBJECT OF REF A, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 74E1. SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION IS WELL SEPARATED FROM
THE CONVECTION. UPPER AIR ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE WIND SHEAR IN
THE AREA.  GRADIENT LEVEL ANALYSIS SHOWS A CYCLONIC CIRCULATION, BUT
THE WIND SHEAR CURRENTLY MAKES THIS AREA UNFAVORABLE FOR
DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 10-20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/HILDEBRAND/MCCULLOCH/EIBLING//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.