

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id TAA15480;
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 19:22:56 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10901851 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 12 Dec 1998 19:22:47 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id TAA23132 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Dec 1998 19:22:46 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA01220
for [email-masked]; Sat, 12 Dec 1998 19:22:45 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 12 Dec 1998 19:22:45 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

329
AXPZ20 KNHC 130121
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC SUN 13 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 13/0000 UTC...
...DISSIPATING COLD FRONT IS LOCATED JUST TO THE NORTHWEST OF
THE REGION.  IT IS MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 10-15 KNOTS.
...1025 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 28N135W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 13/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
7N90W 10N100W 9N110W 10N120W 7N130W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION EXISTS ALONG THE COAST OF PANAMA WITHIN 60 NM OF
7N80W.  SIMILAR ACTIVITY IS OCCURRING WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
WEST OF 120W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS PRESENT FROM 7N-15N BETWEEN 96W-107W.  WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 107W-120W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 120 NM OF 11N89W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.