

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA28402;
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:55:58 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7627668 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:55:38 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA27814 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:55:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA09633
for [email-masked]; Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:55:26 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:55:26 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

220
ABIO10 PGTW 291800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/291800Z/301800Z JAN 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GUAM/291351ZJAN98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GUAM/291353ZJAN98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1)  AT 291200Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) WAS LOCATED AT
19.8S8 108.8E7, MOVING WESTWARD AT 5 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF
A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) WARNING NR 16 (WTXS31 PGTW
291500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2)  AT 291200Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) WAS LOCATED AT
14.5S0 127.6E6, MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 3 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 50
KNOTS. SEE REF B (TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) WARNING NUMBER 11
(WTXS32 PGTW 291500)) AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3)  NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14S5 131E5
IS CURRENTLY THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING AS NOTED
IN PARA 2.A.(2) ABOVE.
(2)  NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/SMITH/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.