

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA16568;
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:34:15 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10958658 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:34:04 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA22946 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:34:02 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA15858
for [email-masked]; Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:34:01 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:34:01 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 181332
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC FRI 18 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 18/1200 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 18N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
3N78W 5N83W 6N90W 5N95W 6N100W 10N110W 8N115W 11N119W 8N130W
7N140W.  SCATTERED CLUSTERS STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 7N107W TO 13N110W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 116W-123W...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
90W-94W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS ALONG THE COAST OF
ECUADOR FROM 1N-3N BETWEEN 77W-79W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS ALONG THE SOUTH COAST OF PANAMA
AND COSTA RICA FROM 7N-9N BETWEEN 81W-85W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.