

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA29296;
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:10:47 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10994019 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:10:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA31578 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:10:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA16136
for [email-masked]; Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:10:37 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:10:37 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 221908
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC TUE 22 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 22/1800 UTC...
...NEARLY STATIONARY SURFACE TROUGH ALONG 131W/132W
FROM 14N TO 28N.
...HIGH PRESSURE FROM 15N TO 32N BETWEEN 110W AND 130W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
3N90W 7N100W 9N105W 6N110W 10N120W 9N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED WITHIN 90 NM
ALONG THE AXIS BETWEEN 102W-130W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS NOTED FROM 8N-9N BETWEEN 133W-134W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED OVER
COSTA RICA AND SURROUNDING WATERS FROM 9N-11N BETWEEN 82W-87W.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.