

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id AAA58632;
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 00:54:34 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10043304 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 2 Oct 1998 00:54:27 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id AAA40166 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 2 Oct 1998 00:54:17 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id AAA24249
for [email-masked]; Fri, 2 Oct 1998 00:54:16 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Fri, 2 Oct 1998 00:54:16 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 02s Warning Nr 007
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

976
WTXS31 PGTW 020300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S WARNING NR 007
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
020000Z2 --- 15.0S6 70.3E0
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 200 DEGREES AT 08 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 15.0S6 70.3E0
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
021200Z5 --- 16.1S8 69.9E4
PAGE 03 RUHPSGG3335 UNCLAS
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 200 DEG/ 07 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
030000Z3 --- 17.5S3 69.4E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 220 DEG/ 11 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
031200Z6 --- 19.1S1 67.9E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
020300Z5 POSITION 15.3S9   70.2E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S HAS TRACKED SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 8 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
020033Z8 INFRARED IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY OF 35 KNOTS IS
BASED ON 020033Z8 SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF 25 KNOTS AND
CONTINUITY WITH THE PREVIOUS FORECAST. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S HAS
PAGE 04 RUHPSGG3335 UNCLAS
MOVED SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD UNDER THE STEERING FLOW FROM THE
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO ITS SOUTHEAST. THIS STEERING SHOULD CONTINUE
THROUGHOUT THE 24-HOUR FORECAST TRACK POSITION. AFTER THAT TIME, THE
LOW-LEVEL STEERING FLOW SHOULD TAKE THE SYSTEM ON A MORE WESTWARD
TRACK. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S IS IN AN AREA OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR AND THE SYSTEM'S DEEP CONVECTION IS SHEARED TO THE SOUTHEAST
OF ITS LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S IS FORECAST TO
REMAIN IN AN AREA OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND COOLER SEA
SURFACE TEMPERATURES WHICH WILL INHIBIT DEVELOPMENT. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 02S IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE OVER WATER BY THE 36-HOUR
FORECAST POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 020000Z2 IS
12 FEET. REFER TO WWPW31 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION.
NEXT WARNINGS AT 021500Z8 (DTG 021353Z4) AND 030300Z6 (DTG
030153Z2).//
BT
?3335

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.