

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA09916;
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:20:55 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8459194 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:20:36 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA21910 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:20:34 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA04003
for [email-masked]; Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:20:34 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:20:34 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 240930
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/240930Z/241800Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION NEAR 13S4 55E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14S5 54
E9.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUES TO INDICATE BETTER ORGA
NIZATION
OVER THE DISTURBANCE WITH SOME CYCLONIC TURNING VISIBLE. ADDITIONALLY
, MICROWAVE
IMAGERY AT 240234Z5 SUGGESTS THAT A BANDING FEATURE MAY BE DEVELOPING
IN THE
CONVECTION. ALTHOUGH THERE IS STILL LIGHT TO MODERATE UPPER LEVEL VER
TICAL WIND
SHEAR OVER THE DISTURBANCE, IT HAS DECREASED SIGNIFICANTLY OVER THE P
AST 24
HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIM
UM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFIC
ANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREA.
3. JUSTIFICATION: TO UPGRADE AREA IN PARAGRAPH 2.B.1.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/LUNDSFORD/SCHIBER/MCCULLOCH/BACON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.