

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA17384;
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:59:26 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10881829 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:59:20 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA15816 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:59:18 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA14964
for [email-masked]; Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:58:59 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:58:59 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

556
AXPZ20 KNHC 011928
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC TUE 01 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 01/1800 UTC...
...1017 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 33N120W.  A DIFFUSING COLD FRONT
EXTENDS FROM THE LOW THROUGH 28N119W TO 22N130W.  THE SYSTEM
IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEAST AT 10-15 KT.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W
EXCEPT IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF THE DIFFUSING COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 01/1845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
9N85W 9N110W 10N124W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
84W-100W THEN CONTINUING WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
100W-115W.  SIMILAR ACTIVITY IS OCCURRING WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 128W-133W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
PRESENT WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS EAST OF 84W...FROM 7N-13N
BETWEEN 115W-128W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS WEST OF 133W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION PERSISTS FROM
13N-20N BETWEEN 117W-124W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.