

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA25854;
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 01:14:40 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10890823 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 2 Dec 1998 01:14:33 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA18912 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Dec 1998 01:14:31 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA25382
for [email-masked]; Wed, 2 Dec 1998 01:14:30 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 2 Dec 1998 01:14:30 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

950
AXPZ20 KNHC 020713
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC WED 02 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 02/0600 UTC...
...A 1018 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 32N118W.  A TROUGH EXTENDS
FROM THE LOW ALONG 30N116W TO 26N119W.  ANOTHER TROUGH
EXTENDS FROM THE LOW INLAND OVER THE WESTERN UNITED STATES.
...A 1032 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 30N138W.  HIGH PRESSURE
COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 17N EXCEPT IN THE IMMEDIATE
VICINITY OF THE TROUGH.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 02/0630 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
8N85W 8N100W 9N120W 9N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 96W TO 100W.
SIMILAR CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS EAST OF 83W TO
THE COAST OF COLOMBIA AND FROM 119W TO 120W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 136W TO 138W.
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS
CHARACTERIZES THE ITCZ FROM 106W TO 130W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/75 NM
OF A LINE FROM 11N109W 12N117W TO 14N120W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION
IS INLAND AND WITHIN 45 NM ALONG THE COAST OF COSTA RICA FROM
83W TO 85W.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.