

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id VAA05358;
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:48:13 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10793987 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:48:12 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id VAA15434 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:47:34 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA19903
for [email-masked]; Sun, 22 Nov 1998 20:36:46 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 22 Nov 1998 20:36:46 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 07b Warning Nr 009
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

569
WTIO31 PGTW 230300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 07B WARNING NR 009
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
230000Z5 --- NEAR 22.8N2 091.1E1
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 050 DEGREES AT 13 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 22.8N2 091.1E1
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
231200Z8 --- 24.4N0 093.6E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
230300Z8 POSITION NEAR 23.2N7  091.7E7.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 07B HAS TRACKED NORTHEASTWARD AT 13 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED UPON INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS
BASED UPON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 AND 35
KNOTS. TC 07B IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE MOVING TOWARDS THE
NORTHEAST UNDER THE STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO
IT=S EAST. INCREASED SHEARING HAS CONTINUED TO CAUSE THE CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH TC 07B TO BE SEPARATED AND PUSHED TO THE EAST-
NORTHEAST OF THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION. THIS SHEARING, IN
CONJUNCTION WITH THE SYSTEM=S INTERACTION WITH LAND, WILL QUICKLY
REDUCE THE STORM=S INTENSITY. THE SYSTEM IS, THEREFORE, FORECAST TO
RAPIDLY WEAKEN AND DISSIPATE OVER LAND AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 230000Z IS 12 FEET.
REFER TO WWIO31 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS
THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR
SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.