

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id UAA21276;
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:39:55 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7871036 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:39:44 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id UAA25796 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:38:40 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA23720
for [email-masked]; Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:38:39 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:38:39 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

105
WTXS31 PGTW 190300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S WARNING NR 006

PAGE 02 RUHPSGG0805 UNCLAS
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
190000Z0 --- 30.2S5 070.6E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 095 DEGREES AT 20 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 065 NM NORTH SEMICIRCLE
040 NM ELSEWHERE
REPEAT POSIT: 30.2S5 070.6E3
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
191200Z3 --- 31.4S8 075.6E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
EXTRATROPICAL

PAGE 03 RUHPSGG0805 UNCLAS
---
REMARKS:
190300Z3 POSITION 30.5S8  071.9E7
TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S IS MOVING EASTWARD AT 20 KNOTS. THE
WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON 182150Z7 INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THIS SYSTEM IS DIFFICULT TO DISCERN ON
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DUE TO INTERACTION WITH AN
APPROACHING FRONTAL SYSTEM. TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S IS FORECAST
TO TRACK EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AND MERGE WITH AN APPROACHING
FRONTAL ZONE. THE SYSTEM SHOULD BECOME FULLY EXTRATROPICAL BY
THE 12 HOUR FORECAST POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT
AT 190000Z0 IS 14 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA
HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY
THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE
SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.
REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR) WARNING (WTXS33 PGTW)
FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.//
BT
#0805

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.