

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id UAA38828;
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:25:05 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11015074 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:23:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id UAA40484 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:23:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA29185
for [email-masked]; Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:23:37 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:23:37 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    01 Active Tropirl Cyclone In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS31 PGTW 260200
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) WARNING NR 003
01 ACTIVE TROPIRL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
WARING POSITION
2+0000Z8 --- NEAR 16.6S3 95.9E3
OOVEMENT PAST SIX HTURS - 270 DEGGNLAT 09 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
PMSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 16.6S3 95.9E3
FORECASTS:
, VALID AT:
261200ZGH6.8S5 94.0E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
VECTOR TO 24#4 09-85: 265 DEG/ 10 KTS
24HRS, VALID AT:
270000Z9 --- 17.0S89290E1
MAX SUSTAINED I
DS - 035 KT, GUSTFPRT KT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 260DEG/ 10 KTS
36 HRS, VALID AT:
271200Z2 --- 17.3S1 90.0E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 11 KTS
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
280000Z0 --- 17.6S4 87.7E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSCPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
260300Z1 POSITION NEAR 16.6S3   95.4E8.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 9 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 252330Z5 VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNPFG INTENSITY IS BASED ON 252330Z5
SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 35 KNOTS. VISIBLE SATELLITE IVAGERY

CONFIRMS TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY);S LOW-LEVEL ISHBECOMING AN
EXPOSED CIRCULATION.  TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) IS MOVING
WESTWARD IN THE LOW-TO MID-LEVEL STEE  FLOW FROM THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE TO IS SOUTH. HOAE, THE SYSTEM;S DEEP CONVECTION IS BEING
CARRIED SOUTHWARD IN MID-LEVEL FLOW. TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATTB
IS
FORECAST TO CGNTINU MOVING WESTWARD UNDER THE STEERING INFLUENCE OF
THE RIDGE TO ITS SOUTH. AS THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO LOSE ITS
CONCTIVE
SUPPORT, IT IS FORECAST TO WEAKEN. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT
WAVE HEIGHT AT 260000Z8 IS 12 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 261500Z4 (DT
JWYQETQZ8) AND 270300Z-.$(;8:+6).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.