

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA21428;
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:20:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10912296 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:20:48 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA21400 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:20:42 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA01740
for [email-masked]; Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:20:40 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:20:40 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

125
AXPZ20 KNHC 031921
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC THU 03 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 03/1800 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N124W AND CONTINUES TO
28N130W WHERE IT BECOMES A DISSIPATING COLD FRONT TO 27N140W.
IT IS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 20-25 KNOTS.
...STRONG 1046 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NORTHWEST OF THE REGION.  A
RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM 32N134W TO 20N110W.  HIGH PRESSURE
COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W...EXCEPT IN THE
IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF THE COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/1845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
9N85W 4N94W 7N108W 12N121W 10N130W 10N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 129W-134W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS PRESENT
ALONG THE COASTS OF COLOMBIA...PANAMA...AND COSTA RICA...
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
78W-85W.  SIMILAR ACTIVITY IS OCCURRING WITHIN 120 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 121W-128W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
NOTED FROM 7N-14N BETWEEN 105W-121W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF 18N131W-
23N127W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.