

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id WAA42804;
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:42:31 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9940760 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:42:26 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id WAA18720 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:42:25 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id WAA25822
for [email-masked]; Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:42:22 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:42:22 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 02s Warning Nr 004
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

401
WTXS31 PGTW 300300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S WARNING NR 004
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
300000Z3 --- 9.3S2 77.0E4
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 240 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 9.3S2 77.0E4
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
301200Z6 --- 9.8S7 76.1E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
PAGE 03 RUHPSGG3653 UNCLAS
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 250 DEG/ 06 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
010000Z1 --- 10.2S3 75.0E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
300300Z6 POSITION  9.4S3   76.8E1.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 5 KNOTS FOR THE PAST
6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON 300000Z3
INFRARED SATELLITE ANALYSIS. SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION IS 155NM NORTHEAST OF THE CONVECTION. THE STEERING
FLOW IS WESTWARD AS THE SYSTEM REMAINS BETWEEN THE MONSOON TROUGH TO
THE NORTH AND THE SUB-TROPICAL RIDGE TO ITS SOUTH. TC 02S IS
FORECAST TO CONTINUE ITS WESTWARD TRACK, WEAKENING DUE TO INCREASED
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR UNTIL IT DISSIPATES AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE BY THE END OF THE 24-HOUR PERIOD. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE

//END OF PART 01//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.