

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA11948;
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 11:49:27 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8078527 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 7 Mar 1998 11:49:15 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA28268 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 7 Mar 1998 11:49:07 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA11231
for [email-masked]; Sat, 7 Mar 1998 11:49:06 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 7 Mar 1998 11:49:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

884
ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/071800Z/081800Z MAR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/071351Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1)  AT 071200Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) WAS
LOCATED AT 17.9S7 70.1E8 AND MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 07
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ESTIMATED AT 50 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 60 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) WARNING
NR3 (WTXS31 PGTW 071500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
13S4 101E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14S5 93E2. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THIS DISTURBANCE HAS BECOME LESS
ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS WITH A DECREASE IN CONVECTION.
WATER VAPOR DERIVED WINDS INDICATE THE PRESENCE OF A WEAK
ANTICYCLONE ABOVE THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 T0 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SULLINS/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.