

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA49804;
Fri, 1 May 1998 12:56:05 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8541510 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 1 May 1998 12:55:58 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA35150 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 1 May 1998 12:55:32 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA14671
for [email-masked]; Fri, 1 May 1998 12:55:31 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Fri, 1 May 1998 12:55:31 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

171
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 03S3
78E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 06S6 72E9. THE CONVECTION IS DISORGANIZED
AND THE PRESENCE OF DEEP CONVECTION FLUCTUATES AND HAS RE-DEVELOPED
OVER THE LAST 3 HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
THAT THERE IS AN ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1
098E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 093E2. THIS DISORGANIZED CONVECTION
CONTINUES TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD REGION OF TROUGHING. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 07S7 048E2. SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND A 010630Z SCATTEROMETER PASS SUGGEST ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL
TROUGHING. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES LOW-LEVEL
CROSS EQUATORIAL INFLOW. UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IN ALL QUADRANTS IS GOOD

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.