

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA48226;
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:47:07 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10534279 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:46:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA26132 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:46:33 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA16123
for [email-masked]; Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:46:31 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:46:31 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

983
ABIO10 PGTW 021800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/021800Z/031800Z NOV 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10N1 89E7
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11N2 82E0 AND HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 36
HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA CONTINUES TO INDICATE THAT A LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION MAY BE FORMING IN THE AREA. HOWEVER, ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS CONVECTION IN THE AREA HAS REMAINED
DISORGANIZED. 021339Z8 MICROWAVE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS LITTLE
EVIDENCE OF A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 102E3
HAS DISSIPATED. THE AREA IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/MCCULLOCH/TRETHEWEY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.