

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA13398;
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:22:19 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10941546 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:22:15 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA22852 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:22:11 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA11920
for [email-masked]; Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:22:10 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:22:10 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

481
AXPZ20 KNHC 161920
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC WED 16 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 16/1800 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 16/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
5N90W 6N100W 10N110W 8N125W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS ALONG THE COAST OF COLOMBIA
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 77W-80W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS PRESENT WITHIN 60 NM
OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 96W-111W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 111W-125W.
BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS CHARACTERIZE THE REMAINDER OF THE ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS FROM 13N-18N
BETWEEN 110W-117W...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF 10N124W-12N118W.  WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF 9N BETWEEN
91W-98W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FROM 12N-28N BETWEEN 119W-131W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.