

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id DAA22056;
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 03:13:10 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9172835 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 6 Aug 1998 03:13:09 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id DAA63516 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 6 Aug 1998 03:13:08 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id DAA12684
for [email-masked]; Thu, 6 Aug 1998 03:13:07 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Thu, 6 Aug 1998 03:13:07 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northwestpac
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

661
WTIO31 PGTW 060800
1. TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05W WARNING NR 001
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHWESTPAC
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
WARNING POSITION:
060600Z2 --- 12.9N2 128.2E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 335 DEGREES AT 08 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO W THIN 060 NM
POSITION BAEED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 12.9N2 128.2E3
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
061800Z5 --- 14.2N7 127.4E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTAGPET KT
VPVECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 315 DEG/ 08 KTS
24 HRS, VALID AT:
070600Z3 --- 15.3N9 126.2E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 305 DEG/ 08 KTS
36 HRS, VALID AT:
071800Z6 --- 16.2N9 124.8E5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
REMARKS:
060900Z5 POSITION 13.2N6  128.0E1.
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05W HAS TRACKEDVPMRTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 8
KNOTS MR THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
060530Z4 VISUAL SUTELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
ON 060530Z4 SATELLITE DVORAK QNTENSITY ESTIMATE OF 25 KNOTS AND
SYNOPTIC OBSERVATIONS OF 20 KNOT WINDS SURROUNDING THE LOW-LEVEL
CENTER. TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05W IS A SMALL SYSTEM THAT HAS FORMED
EAST OF THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS AND IS TRACKING NORTH-
NORTHWESTWARD UNDER STEERING FLOW FROM A 700 MB RIDGE LOCATED TO
ITS NORTH. THE SYSTEM SHOULD CONTINUE TO TRACK NORTH-
NORTHWESTWARD THROUGH THE 12-HOUR FORECAST POSITION AND THEN TAKE
A MORE NORTHWESTWARD TRACK THROUGHOUT THE REMAINDER OF THE
FORECAST PERIOD. TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05W SHOULD INTENSIFY SLOWLY
TO 30 KNOTS AS IT REMAINUAP Z)-
9
59
475 .9$34-53 28,$ -#3-4. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 060600Z2 IS 12 FEET. REFER TO WWPW30 PGFW FOR
ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. IF THE JOINT TYPHOON PVING
CENTER ANTICIPATES THAT THIS TROPICAL DEPRESSION WILL REACH
TROPICAL STORM INTENSITY, THEN A STANDARD 72 HOUR TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNING WILL BE ISSUED. OTHERWISE, 36 HOUR TROPICAL
DEPRESSION WARNINGS WILL BE UPDATED EVERY 12 MMURS. THIS WARNING
SUPERSEDES AND CANCELS NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 051851Z0 AUG 98
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTPN21 PGTW 051900Z5). NEXT
WARNINGS AT 062100Z9 (DTG 061951Z2) AND 070900Z6 $5<
070751Z0).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.