

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id XAA29256;
Tue, 12 May 1998 23:32:54 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8684470 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 12 May 1998 23:31:10 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id XAA29548 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 May 1998 23:28:03 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id XAA03969
for [email-masked]; Tue, 12 May 1998 23:28:02 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Tue, 12 May 1998 23:28:02 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

403
ABIO10 PGTW 130400
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/130400Z/131800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS FORMED WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH NEAR 1
N1
85E3 OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.  130022Z8 MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY INDICAT
ES THE
PRESENCE OF A BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER NORTH OF THE CONVECT
ION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE CURRENTLY ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 25 KNOTS.  M
INIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE ESTIMATED AT 1005MB.  THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TR
OPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/SULLINS/EIBLING/HONG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.