

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id AAA44238;
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 00:17:01 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10746610 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 17 Nov 1998 00:16:59 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id AAA64612 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 17 Nov 1998 00:07:53 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id AAA17901
for [email-masked]; Tue, 17 Nov 1998 00:07:52 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 17 Nov 1998 00:07:52 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Immediate Delivery Req To Amconsul Calcutta And
Amembassy Dhaka
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

640
WTIO21 PGTW 170500
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY COLOMBO
AMCONSUL MADRAS
3. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
160 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 11.5N7 099.7E5 TO 14.0N5 092.9E0
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 170330Z4 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED
NEAR 11.6N8 099.7E5. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT
08 KNOTS.
4. REMARKS:
AN AREA OF PERSISTENT CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 12N3 95E4 HAS
CONTINUED TO DEVELOP. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS
CYCLONIC ROTATION IS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONVECTION. THE LOW-LEVEL
IS MOVING WESTWARD FROM THE GULF OF THAILAND INTO THE ANDAMAN SEA.
THE AREA IS LOCATED WITHIN A REGION OF LOW VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND
FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT IS GOOD.
5. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 180500Z4.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.