

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id OAA35176;
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 14:17:28 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7752979 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 9 Feb 1998 14:16:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id OAA15146 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 9 Feb 1998 14:16:55 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA04886
for [email-masked]; Mon, 9 Feb 1998 14:16:47 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 9 Feb 1998 14:16:47 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    02 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

255
WTXS32 PGTW 092100
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S WARNING NR 002
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
091800Z8 --- 28.5S5 44.5E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 160 DEGREES AT 13 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 28.5S5 44.5E3
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
100600Z7 --- 30.2S5 45.5E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 145 DEG/ 08 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
101800Z0 --- 31.5S9 46.5E5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 140 DEG/ 08 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
110600Z8 --- 32.8S3 47.7E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
092100Z2 POSITION 28.9S9   44.8E6
TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S IS MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 13 KNOTS.
WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON A 091754Z MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I)
PASS. WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON 091730 INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND CONTINUITY FROM THE PREVIOUS WARNING. UPPER-LEVEL
WINDS CONTINUE TO CREATE A HIGH SHEAR ENVIRONMENT, PREVENTING
THE FORMATION OF CENTRAL CONVECTION AND EXPOSING AN ELONGATING
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION. THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE IN A
GENERALLY SOUTHWARD TO SOUTHWESTWARD DIRECTION AS IT MOVES
SOUTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS. DISSIPATION OVER WATER IS
ANTICIPATED WITHIN 36 HOURS DUE TO THE EFFECTS OF CONTINUED
HEAVY SHEAR AND COLDER SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURES. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 091800Z IS 12 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT
100900Z0 (DTG 100753Z6) AND 102100Z4 (DTG 101953Z9). REFER TO
TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (ANACELLE) WARNINGS (WTXS31 PGTW) FOR SIX-
HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.