

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id KAA16742;
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:58:48 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10176573 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:58:43 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id KAA37714 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:58:42 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id KAA18957
for [email-masked]; Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:58:35 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:58:35 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Imagery Indicate The System Has Moved In Between Two
High Pressure
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: O

870
WTXS31 PGTW 081500
45 KNOT SYSTEM. SATELLITE ANIMATION OF INFRARED AND WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY INDICATE THE SYSTEM HAS MOVED IN BETWEEN TWO HIGH PRESSURE
AREAS. IMAGERY ALSO INDICATES THE SHEAR HAS WEAKENED OVER THE SYSTEM
CENTER ALLOWING IT TO INTENSIFY SLIGHTLY.  SATELLITE ANIMATION AND
UNIV. OF WISCONSIN WATER VAPOR PRODUCTS ALSO INDICATE GOOD OUTFLOW
AND INCREASING VERTICAL WINDSHEAR JUST SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM AS THE
TAIL END OF A MID-LATITUDE TROUGH TRANSITS THE AREA. TC 03S SHOULD
CONTINUE TO MOVE SOUTH-SOUTHEAST THROUGHOUT THE PERIOD UNDER THE
STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE TO THE EAST.  AS THE
SYSTEM CONTINUES TO MOVE SOUTHWARD IT SHOULD GRADUALLY INCREASE
FORWARD MOTION AS IT GETS CAUGHT UP IN THE WESTERLIES. TC 03S IS
FORECAST TO WEAKEN THROUGHOUT THE PERIOD AS IT MOVES FURTHER SOUTH
INTO A GREATER VERTICAL WINDSHEAR ENVIRONMENT AND COOLER SEA SURFACE
TEMPERATURES. AS SUCH, THE INTENSITY FORECAST IS FOR GRADUAL
WEAKENING AND DISSIPATION AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE BY THE
48 HOUR POINT. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT
081200Z1 IS 15 FEET. REFER TO WWIO31 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT
INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT 090300Z2 (DTG 090155Z0) AND 091500Z5
(DTG 091355Z3).//

//END OF PART 02/02//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.