

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA15152;
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:21:44 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10219563 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:21:42 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA43534 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:21:33 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA07728
for [email-masked]; Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:21:23 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:21:23 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

314
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z OCT 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED 15N6 62E8 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 16N7 66E2. THIS AREA OF PERSISTENT CONVECTION
REMAINS WITHIN THE BROAD MONSOON TROUGHING EXTENDING FROM THE
NORTHERN ARABIAN SEA ACROSS INDIA INTO THE BAY OF BENGAL. ANIMATED
INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS SOME ORGANIZATION BUT NO DISCERNABLE LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AS WELL AS
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS MODERATE WIND SHEAR STILL EXISTS
OVER THIS AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT TO OCCUR
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 15N6 82E0 JUST OFF
THE EASTERN COAST OF INDIA. THE CONVECTION IN THIS AREA HAS
PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS AND IS LOCATED WITHIN THE BROAD
MONSOON TROUGHING EXTENDING FROM THE NORTHERN ARABIAN SEA ACROSS
INDIA INTO THE BAY OF BENGAL. 131200Z7 SYNOPTIC REPORTS SHOW
EVIDENCE OF A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION. HOWEVER, ANIMATED WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY AS WELL AS ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOW
MODERATE WIND SHEAR EXISTS OVER THIS AREA. LAND EFFECTS APPEAR TO
BE INHIBITING DEVELOPMENT AS WELL. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT TO OCCUR WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/JOHNSON/TIRSCHEL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.