

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA38536;
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:29:50 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8122114 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:29:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA24686 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:29:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA08915
for [email-masked]; Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:29:31 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:29:31 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

027
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/261800Z/271800ZMAR98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 9S9 48E2 IS
QUASISTATIONARY. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
ABUNDANT BUT UNORGANIZED DEEP CONVECTION FORMING IN A LOW-LEVEL
TROUGH NORTHWEST OF MADAGASCAR. DEVELOPMENT IS BEING INHIBITED
BY WESTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 13S4 76E3 FOR
18 HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES AN AREA
OF DEEP CONVECTION FORMING AT THE END OF A SHEAR LINE EAST OF
DIEGO GARCIA IN THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN. THIS AREA HAS FORMED
UNDER A BROAD UPPER-LEVEL ANTICYCLONE HOWEVER UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW
IS CURRENTLY UNORGANIZED. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1009 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/MCCULLOCH/BACON//
DUPE ALL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.