

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA30850;
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:36:02 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9062890 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:36:00 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA54220 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:35:04 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA20790
for [email-masked]; Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:35:02 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:35:02 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

579
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z JULY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 09S9 083E1
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9S9 82E0. THE AREA HAS MOVED TOWARDS THE
SOUTHWEST FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS.  211050Z9 MICROWAVE IMAGERY
INDICATED THE ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION IS EXPOSED AND
SEPARATED FROM ORGANIZED CONVECTION BY A DISTANCE OF MORE THAN 60NM.
STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR IS CREDITED FOR SUBSTANTIALLY INHIBITING
ITS DEVELOPMENT.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15-25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/MCCULLOCH/HALL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.