

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id WAA17916;
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 22:51:44 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10796090 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 22 Nov 1998 22:51:38 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id VAA07004 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:47:36 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA19372
for [email-masked]; Sun, 22 Nov 1998 19:28:36 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 22 Nov 1998 19:28:36 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

134
AXPZ20 KNHC 230128
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC MON 23 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 23/0000 UTC...
...1012 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 7N96W.  IT IS MOVING SOUTHWEST AT
10-15 KNOTS.
...1023 MB HIGH CENTERED NEAR 28N138W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 23/0046 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
9N85W 7N90W 6N95W 9N103W 11N112W 9N117W 11N122W 9N130W 9N140W.
SCATTERED TO STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 110W-114W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 117W-124W...AND
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 137W-140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN WITHIN A 30 NM
RADIUS OF 8N88W...WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
93W-103W...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 128W-136W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 87W-100W FROM
10N TO 18N.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS
OVER PANAMA FROM 7N-10N BETWEEN 78W-83W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS OVER NICARAGUA FROM 12N-15N BETWEEN
84W-86W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.