

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA34362;
Thu, 7 May 1998 13:14:41 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8618557 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 7 May 1998 13:14:33 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA42366 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 7 May 1998 13:13:26 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA17571
for [email-masked]; Thu, 7 May 1998 13:13:25 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Thu, 7 May 1998 13:13:25 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

611
ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/071800Z/081800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THERE IS AN AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 5S5
44E8. THIS AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH
NORTHWEST OF MADAGASCAR AND HAS BEEN PERSISTANT FOR 18 HOURS.
MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY AT 071300Z1 INDICATED A DEVELOPING LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER EAST OF THE DISTURBANCE. AN EARLIER SCATTEROMETER
PASS FROM 061942Z INDICATED WIND SPEEDS OF ONLY 10 TO 15 KNOTS WITHIN
THE DISTURBANCE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE CURRENTLY ESTIMATED AT 1
0
TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE ESTIMATED AT 1007MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEX
T
24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THERE IS AN AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 7S7 65E1.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES AN AREA OF DISORGANIZED
CONVECTION WEST OF DIEGO GARCIA THAT HAS BEEN PERSISTANT FOR SEVERAL
DAYS.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.