

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA24522;
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 01:25:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10844097 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 28 Nov 1998 01:25:44 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA20920 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 28 Nov 1998 01:25:42 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA18847
for [email-masked]; Sat, 28 Nov 1998 01:25:42 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 28 Nov 1998 01:25:42 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

295
AXPZ20 KNHC 280724
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC SAT 28 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 28/0600 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N116W...AND CONTINUES TO
23N128W.  IT IS MOVING EAST AT 15-20 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF
115W...EXCEPT IN THE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/0630 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
7N90W 7N100W 7N110W 9N120W 9N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
130W-133W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 150 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 95W-105W...WITHIN 150 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 117W-120W...WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
127W-130W...AND WITHIN 90-120 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 133W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS
LOCATED NORTH OF THE ITCZ FROM 12N-17N BETWEEN 105W-126W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.