

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA17406;
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 13:38:21 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10847163 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 28 Nov 1998 13:38:09 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA17378 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 28 Nov 1998 13:38:08 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA23315
for [email-masked]; Sat, 28 Nov 1998 13:38:07 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 28 Nov 1998 13:38:07 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

989
AXPZ20 KNHC 281937
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC SAT 28 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 28/1800 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N115W...AND CONTINUES TO
23N122W...WHERE IT BECOMES DIFFUSE WESTWARD FROM THERE. IT
IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEAST 15-20 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 110W...
EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
6N90W 7N100W 10N110W 10N120W 10N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60-120 NM OF
AXIS FROM 96W-100W...124W-129W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS
BETWEEN 105W-107W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
150 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 97W-101W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60-120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 116W-120W.
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM
93W-96W...AND 112W-114W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN AREA BOUNDED FROM 10N-15N BETWEEN
106W-110W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW AND MID CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 10N-18N BETWEEN 115W-
119W.  BROKEN LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH POSSIBLE ISOLATED SHOWERS
WITHIN WITHIN 120 NM OF COLD FRONT EAST OF 119W.  BROKEN TO
OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS STREAMING NORTHEASTWARD DUE TO SUB-
TROPICAL JET STREAM ARE WITHIN 150 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF LINE
13N131W 17N125W 23N118W TO ACROSS BAJA CALIFORNIA NEAR 27N115W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.