

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA23190;
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:35:05 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10984426 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:34:54 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA04924 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:34:46 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA27775
for [email-masked]; Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:34:45 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:34:45 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z DEC 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 100E1
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE AREA OF CONVECTION HAS
BECOME SLIGHTLY LESS ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. IN ADDITION,
THE 211200Z6 GRADIENT LEVEL ANALYSIS CONTINUES TO SHOW TROUGHING
BENEATH THE AREA OF CONVECTION; NO LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS EVIDENT.
DUE TO THE LACK OF A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION, THIS AREA IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) THERE ARE NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/THOMAS/MORRIS/GOODMAN/BROOKS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.