

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA37962;
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:14:50 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10681224 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:14:49 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA94516 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:14:44 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA27446
for [email-masked]; Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:14:43 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:14:43 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

696
ABIO10 PGTW 111800 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z NOV 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/102121Z NOV 98//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/111351Z NOV 98//
AMPN/REF A/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
AMPN/REF B/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 67E3
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12N3 63E9. THIS AREA REMAINS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
SEE REF A (WTIO21 PGTW 102130) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 111200Z5 TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ALISON) WAS LOCATED NEAR
18S9 92E1 AND WAS MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 7 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31
PGTW 111500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/JOHNSON/HALL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.