

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA44180;
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:46:48 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10812719 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:46:47 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA34396 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:46:34 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA15153
for [email-masked]; Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:46:33 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:46:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

982
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z NOV 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/221353Z NOV 9SAMD=DBIA?L CYCDNE WALING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 221200Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 07B WAS LOCATED NEAR 20.6N8
88.3E9 AND WAS MOVING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 6 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 40 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 50
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 221500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 5S5 71E8 AND
HAS EXISTED FOR OVER 8 HOURS. ALTHOUGH ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS THE CONVECTION HAS GROWN RAPIDLY, NO LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER CAN BE DISCERNED AT THIS TIME. THE MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS, AND THE MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 14S5 114E6,
NORTHWEST OF AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES THE AREA OF CONVECTION HAS EXISTED SPORADICALLY FOR OVER
24 HOURS AND HAS BECOME SLIGHTLY MORE ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 6
HOURS. THE MAXIMIM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20
KNOTS, AND THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM:
SCHIBER/WAKEHAM/PATTERSON/TIRSCHEL/GOODMAN/BROOKS/JACKSON/BALDINGER/
HOWELLS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.