

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id OAA09512;
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:04:55 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10926220 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:04:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id OAA26470 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:03:53 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA27715
for [email-masked]; Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:03:52 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:03:52 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

681
AXPZ20 KNHC 042004
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC FRI 04 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 04/1800 UTC...
...TROUGH ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N122W AND EXTENDS TO 28N129W.
IT IS MOVING SE AT 25-30 KT.
...STRONG HIGH PRESSURE IS LOCATED NORTHWEST OF THE REGION.  A
HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE CONTINUES TO BUILD SOUTHEASTWARD THROUGH
30N136W TO 20N112W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF
15N WEST OF 110W...EXCEPT IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF THE
DIFFUSING COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 04/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N79W
8N90W 5N99W 8N105W 8N110W 7N115W 11N123W 10N132W 8N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 107W-115W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS PRESENT WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 132W-138W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
NOTED WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 78W-84W...AND 115W-123W.
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
CHARACTERIZES THE REMAINDER OF THE ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE NORTH OF 13N WEST OF
115W.  IN ADDITION BROKEN/OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS ARE MOVING
EAST-NORTHEAST IN AN AREA BOUNDED WITHIN THE REGION BY 10N140W-
21N140W-30N117W-20N110W-10N140W.  THERE ARE WIDELY SCATTERED
SHOWERS WITH THE ABOVE CLOUDINESS.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.