

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id UAA20030;
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:17:12 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7816843 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:17:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id UAA16938 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:17:06 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA16515
for [email-masked]; Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:17:05 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:17:05 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    02 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

854
WTXS31 PGTW 140300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (ANACELLE) WARNING NR 017
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
140000Z5 --- 35.3S1 072.7E6
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 135 DEGREES AT 38 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 170 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
095 NM ELSEWHERE
REPEAT POSIT: 35.3S1 072.7E6
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
141200Z8 --- 40.6S0 078.5E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 165 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
050 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 135 DEG/ 36 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
150000Z6 --- 45.4S3 085.9E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
EXTRATROPICAL
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 115 DEG/ 40 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
151200Z9 --- 48.5S7 096.8E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
EXTRATROPICAL
---
REMARKS:
140300Z8 POSITION 36.6S5  074.2E3
TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (ANACELLE) IS ACCELERATING TOWARD THE
SOUTHEAST AT 38 KNOTS. WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED
ON 130123Z0 VISIBLE, INFRARED AND MICROWAVE SATELLITE IMAGERY.
THIS SYSTEM IS EXPERIENCING STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AS IT
ENTERS THE MID-LATITUDE WESTERLIES. THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER IS PARTIALLY EXPOSED AND THE NEAREST DEEP CONVECTION IS
APPROXIMATELY 99 NM TO THE WEST-NORTHWEST. THIS SYSTEM IS
FORECAST TO CONTINUE MOVING RAPIDLY TOWARD THE EAST-SOUTHEAST
AND SLOWLY WEAKEN AS IT CONTINUES AND COMPLETES EXTRATROPICAL
TRANSITION BY 24 HOURS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT
140000Z5 IS 23 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 141500Z1 (DTG 141351Z5)
AND 150300Z9 (DTG 150151Z3). REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE  22S
(VICTOR) WARNINGS (WTXS33 PGTW) FOR SIX-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.