

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA49794;
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:31:03 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8053136 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:30:49 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA17504 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:30:47 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA28044
for [email-masked]; Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:30:46 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:30:46 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

244
ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/191800Z/201800Z MAR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/191351Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 191200Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 28S (FIONA) WAS
LOCATED AT 19.9S9 58.9E2 AND MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 05
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS
WITH GUSTS TO 50 KNOTS.  SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 28S
(FIONA) WARNING NR 06 (WTXS31 PGTW 191500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR 18  HOURS
NEAR 6S6 45E9.  ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS
SCATTERED DEEP CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER.  UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW APPEARS TO BE FAVORABLE FOR
DEVELOPMENT.  HOWEVER, 191609Z6 MICROWAVE IMAGERY SHOWS THAT
THE SYSTEM=S LOW-LEVEL CENTER HAS NO SIGNIFICANT ORGANIZATION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 20 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1006 MB.  THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR 12 HOURS
NEAR 17S8 101E2.  ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS
SCATTERED DEEP CONVECTION NEAR AN UPPER-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER.  NO LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION IS DETECTABLE AS OF YET.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1004 MB.  THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/HILDEBRAND/PATTERSON/UROGI/

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.