

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA17620;
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 07:29:05 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10833357 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 26 Nov 1998 07:28:58 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA13460 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 26 Nov 1998 07:28:56 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA03186
for [email-masked]; Thu, 26 Nov 1998 07:28:55 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 26 Nov 1998 07:28:55 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

729
AXPZ20 KNHC 261328
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC THU 26 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 26/1200 UTC...
...COLD FRONT PASSES THROUGH 32N133W BEYOND 27N140W.  IT IS
MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 10-15 KNOTS.
...1022 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 26N128W.  HIGH PRESSURE
COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W...EXCEPT IN THE
VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 26/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
5N78W 10N85W 8N90W 5N94W 7N100W 10N103W 8N110W 11N120W
9N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION
IN CLUSTERS WITHIN 60-90 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 8N103W TO
15N103W...WITHIN 60 NM OF THE ITCZ AXIS BETWEEN 117W-121W...AND
WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 132W-138W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 83W-92W...WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
98W-107W...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 121W-126W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 109W-117W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED CLUSTERS OF STRONG CONVECTION ARE OVER MEXICO WITHIN A
60 NM RADIUS OF 19N101W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
ASSOCIATED WITH THE COLD FRONT WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF A
LINE FROM 32N134W TO 29N142W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.