

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA22402;
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:31:06 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10960775 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:30:49 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA23094 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:30:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA20850
for [email-masked]; Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:30:37 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:30:37 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z DEC 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 7N7 73E0. THIS
CONVECTION HAS BEEN PERSISTENT FOR 18 HOURS AND IS ASSOCIATED WITH A
SURFACE CIRCULATION AS EVIDENT IN SYNOPTIC DATA. ANIMATED IMAGERY
SHOWS LITTLE ORGANIZATION AND ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS
POOR OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1010 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 98E7 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 100E1. THIS AREA OF PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION
REMAINS LOCATED WITHIN AN AREA OF TROUGHING. SYNOPTIC DATA AND A
SCATTEROMETER PASS INDICATE MULTIPLE CIRCULATION CENTERS EXIST.
ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA SURFACE
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 128E1
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13S4 127E0. THIS CONVECTION HAS MOVED CLOSER TO
LAND OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA SUGGESTS A POSSIBLE
CIRCULATION IS NOW ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONVECTION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA SURFACE
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE TO OCCUR WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/SANCHEZ/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.