

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id TAA05010;
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:31:21 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10806976 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:31:17 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id TAA18816 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:31:14 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA12217
for [email-masked]; Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:31:14 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:31:14 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

469
AXPZ20 KNHC 240130
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC TUE 24 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 24/0000 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N127W...AND EXTENDS TO
27N137W WHERE IT BECOMES DIFFUSE TO 26N140W.  IT IS
MOVING SOUTHEAST 15 KNOTS.
...1022 MB HIGH NEAR 28N125W.  HIGH PRESSURE PRESENT NORTH OF
10N WEST OF 115W...EXCEPT IN VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/0046 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
9N90W 5N100W 9N110W 10N120W 7N130W 9N135W 8N140W.  SCATTERED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 133W-137W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60-90 NM
OF AXIS BETWEEN 115W-124W...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
137W-140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS
BETWEEN 131W-134W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION FROM 11N-16N BETWEEN
91W-106W.  CLUSTER OF STRONG CONVECTION OVER NORTHERN GUATEMALA
WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF 17N90W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION OVER NICARAGUA WITHIN A 60 NM RADIUS OF
14N85W...AND OVER SOUTH MEXICO WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF 18N100W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.