

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id CAA26970;
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 02:18:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10932934 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 5 Dec 1998 02:18:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id CAA21060 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 5 Dec 1998 02:18:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA07219
for [email-masked]; Sat, 5 Dec 1998 02:18:37 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 5 Dec 1998 02:18:37 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    02 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

622
WTXS32 PGTW 050900
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S WARNING NR 001
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
050600Z1 --- NEAR 9.2S1 130.5E9
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
REPEAT POSIT: NEAR 9.2S1 130.5E9
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
051800Z4 --- 9.3S2 129.3E5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 250 DEG/ 05 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
060600Z2 --- 9.6S5 128.4E5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 245 DEG/ 04 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
061800Z5 --- 9.9S8 127.7E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 065 NM SOUTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
055 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 245 DEG/ 04 KTS
---
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
070600Z3 --- 10.3S4 126.9E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 050 KT, GUSTS 065 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 075 NM SOUTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
065 NM ELSEWHERE
---
REMARKS:
050900Z4 POSITION NEAR 9.2S1 130.2E6.
THE AREA OF CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S
HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 6 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING
POSITION IS BASED UPON A 050530Z3 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGE AND THE
WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED UPON A 050530Z3 VISIBLE SATELLITE
CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF 25 KNOTS. ANIMATED INFRARED AND
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOW THAT TC 06S HAS BECOME BETTER
ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S SHOULD TRACK
WESTWARD UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE LOCATED TO
ITS SOUTH. IN ADDITION, TC 06S SHOULD INTENSIFY STEADILY OVER THE
NEXT 48 HOURS AS THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO ORGANIZE OVER THE WARM
WATERS NORTH OF AUSTRALIA. ALSO, THE UW-CIMSS 050000Z5 WATER VAPOR
WINDS INDICATE THE UPPER AIR ENVIRONMENT REMAINS FAVORABLE FOR
FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 050600Z1 IS
12 FEET. THIS WARNING SUPERSEDES AND CANCELS NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU
040951Z DEC 98 TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS22 PGTW 041000)
NEXT WARNINGS AT 052100Z8 (DTG 051953Z3) AND 060900Z5 (DTG
060753Z1). REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BILLY) WARNINGS (WTXS31
PGTW)FOR SIX-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.