

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id TAA20736;
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 19:45:17 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7659174 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 1 Feb 1998 19:45:13 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id TAA16802 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 1 Feb 1998 19:44:40 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA17225
for [email-masked]; Sun, 1 Feb 1998 19:44:39 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 1 Feb 1998 19:44:39 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Southwest Pacific
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

928
WTXS32 PGTW 020300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) WARNING NR 023
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHWEST PACIFIC
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
020000Z2 --- 21.3S6 123.1E7
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 135 DEGREES AT 05 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM

PAGE 02 RUHPSGG7031 UNCLASS
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
REPEAT POSIT: 21.3S6 123.1E7
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
021200Z5 --- 22.0S4 123.7E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 155 DEG/ 06 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
030000Z3 --- 23.0S5 124.2E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
020300Z5 POSITION 21.5S8  123.2E8

PAGE 03 RUHPSGG7031 UNCLASS
TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) IS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 05 KNOTS.
THIS SYSTEM IS WEAKENING DUE TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
AND INTERACTION WITH LAND.  THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS
PARTIALLY EXPOSED WITH ONLY SCATTERED DEEP CONVECTION IN THE
SOUTHEAST QUADRANT.  THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE
BASED ON 012330Z9 VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) IS FORECAST TO MOVE TOWARD THE
SOUTH-SOUTHEAST AND DISSIPATE AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
OVER LAND BY THE 24 HOUR FORECAST POSITION.  THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED
FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//
BT
#7031

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.