

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA20794;
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:36:44 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10714486 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:36:32 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA113944 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:36:31 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA16149
for [email-masked]; Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:36:28 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:36:28 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

364
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z NOV 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/130621Z NOV 98//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/122121Z NOV 98//
REF/C/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/130151Z NOV 98//
NARR/REF A, TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. REF B, TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. REF C, TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED IN THE BAY OF
BENGAL NEAR 12N3 88E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12N3 87E5 AND IS THE
SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. THIS PERSISTENT AREA
OF CONVECTION HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY DURING THE PAST 24
HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA AND A 131425Z6 MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS INDICATE A
BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION EMBEDDED WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH.
ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS FAIR UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW. LOW
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR EXISTS OVER THE REGION, WITH GREATER SHEAR TO
THE NORTH AND SOUTH OF THE AREA. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1004MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD. SEE
REF A (WTIO PGTW 130630 COR) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12N3 59E4
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11N2 53E8 AND IS NO LONGER THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. THIS AREA OF PERSISTENT CONVECTION
IN THE ARABIAN SEA REMAINS WITHIN A REGION OF WEAK TO MODERATE WIND
SHEAR. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25
KNOTS. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR. SEE REF B (WTIO21 PGTW 122130) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ALISON) HAS DISSIPATED OVER WATER.
SEE REF C (WTXS31 PGTW 130300) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THE SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/SMITH/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.