

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA15320;
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 07:25:09 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10971300 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 8 Dec 1998 07:25:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA16566 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 8 Dec 1998 07:25:01 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id HAA26474
for [email-masked]; Tue, 8 Dec 1998 07:25:01 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Tue, 8 Dec 1998 07:25:01 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

409
AXPZ20 KNHC 081322
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC TUE 08 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 08/1200 UTC...
...WEAK 1010 MB LOW IS CENTERED ALONG THE ITCZ NEAR 8N86W.  IT
IS MOVING WEST AT 5-10 KNOTS.
...1034 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 30N134W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
THE REGION NORTH OF 10N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 08/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
8N87W 8N100W 9N120W 7N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 125W-140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS PRESENT WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 78W-100W.
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 100W-110W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF 8N88W-
13N90W AND IS RELATED TO THE CIRCULATION AROUND THE WEAK LOW.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.