

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA22124;
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:35:33 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10266692 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:35:32 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA30224 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:32:51 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA17973
for [email-masked]; Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:32:50 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:32:50 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

691
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/161800Z/171800Z OCT 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/161355Z OCT 98//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 161200Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 05A WAS LOCATED AT 18.3N2
068.6E0 AND MOVING EAST-NORTHEASTWARD AT 15 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW
161500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16N7 64E0 IS
NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARAGRAPH 1.A.(1)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/PATLA/PATTERSON/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.