

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA22310;
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 01:40:26 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10906467 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 3 Dec 1998 01:40:19 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA24070 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 3 Dec 1998 01:40:17 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA21230
for [email-masked]; Thu, 3 Dec 1998 01:40:16 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 3 Dec 1998 01:40:16 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

380
AXPZ20 KNHC 030740
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC THU 03 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 03/0600 UTC...
...COLD FRONT APPROACHING THE NORTHWEST SECTION OF THE
REGION ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N133W AND EXTENDS TO OUT
OF REGION AT 30N140W. IT IS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD 20-25 KNOTS.
...RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM 31N134W THROUGH 27N127W 25N122W
TO 23N119W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST
OF 115W...EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/0700 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
7N85W 4N94W 7N101W 8N115W 12N120W 10N130W 8N140W. SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60-90 NM OF AXIS
FROM 120W-124W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF
AXIS BETWEEN 124W-134W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W-107W AND WEST OF 134W.
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
112W-120W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION EXTENDS WITHIN 50 NM OF A LINE
FROM NORTHERN PANAMA NEAR 8N82W TO 7N83W.  ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION JUST OFFSHORE SOUTHERN PANAMA...AND OVER GULF OF
PANAMA NEAR CENTRAL PORTION PANAMA. AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST
MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
NOTED FROM 12N-16N BETWEEN 131W-134W. SIMILAR CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 17N TO 20N
BETWEEN 130W-131W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.