

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA33838;
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:51:28 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9951842 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:51:21 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA43462 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:51:04 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA13012
for [email-masked]; Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:51:02 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:51:02 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

569
ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/301800Z SEP 98/011800Z OCT 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/301355Z SEP 98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/300755Z SEP 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 301200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 04A WAS LOCATED AT 18.2N1
63.7E6 MOVING WESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 35
KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 301500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18N9
67E3 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
1.A.(1) ABOVE.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 300600Z9 TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S WAS LOCATED AT 9.6S5
76.5E8 MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 6 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 40 KNOTS. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S IS NO LONGER A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE.  THE FINAL WARNING WAS ISSUED AT
300900Z2. SEE REF B (WTIO31 PGTW 300900) FOR FURTHER DETAI

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.