

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA13540;
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 01:02:51 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 10984932 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 9 Dec 1998 01:02:42 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA27088 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 9 Dec 1998 01:02:41 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA19003
for [email-masked]; Wed, 9 Dec 1998 01:02:40 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 9 Dec 1998 01:02:40 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

051
AXPZ20 KNHC 090659
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC WED 09 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 09/0600 UTC...
...WEAK 1010 MB LOW IS CENTERED ALONG THE ITCZ NEAR 8N87W.  IT
IS MOVING WEST AT 5-10 KNOTS.
...A 1033 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 34N136W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
THE REGION NORTH OF 12N WEST OF 120W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 09/0615 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 8N78W
7N90W 6N100W 7N110W 8N120W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 124W TO 127W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
86W TO 89W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N....
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS IN THE GULF OF PANAMA NORTH OF
8N WEST OF 80W TO INLAND OVER PANAMA.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.