

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA19112;
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 13:00:46 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 8190469 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 1 Apr 1998 13:00:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA43672 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 1 Apr 1998 13:00:41 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA08483
for [email-masked]; Wed, 1 Apr 1998 13:00:40 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 1 Apr 1998 13:00:40 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

502
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/011800Z/021800ZAPR98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR
18 HOURS NEAR 8S8 54E9. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES ABUNDANT BUT POORLY ORGANIZED DEEP
CONVECTION WITH NO DISCERNIBLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW IS POOR TO FAIR IN ALL QUADRANTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR 24 HOURS
NEAR 13S4 73E0. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
A LARGE AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION WITH NO DISCERNIBLE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER. UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IS FAIR IN ALL
QUADRANTS DUE TO A PRE-EXISTING UPPER-LEVEL ANTICYLONE OVER
THIS DISTURBANCE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE
15 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED AT 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.