

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA18946;
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:16:04 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9291529 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:16:02 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA11216 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:15:53 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA17505
for [email-masked]; Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:15:50 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:15:50 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

483
ABIO10 PGTW 171800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/171800Z/181800Z AUG 98//
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.?
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
?(1) THE CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 05S5 067E3 IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 05S5 063E9. THE DISTURBANCE HAS SEPARATED FROM THE
BROAD AREA OF CONVECTION TO ITS EAST.  ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY
DISPLAYS A SLIGHT CYCLONIC ROTATION AND A 161755Z5 SCATTEROMETER
PASS SUGGESTS A LOW-LEVEL. A 171347Z3 MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS,
HOWEVER, SHOWS NO DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION. CONVECTION
REMAINS IN AN AREA OF WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KTS. MINIMUM
ESTIMATED SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
?(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/HATFIELD/JONES//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUEOMCA47982291811

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.