

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id CAA67654;
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 02:53:51 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 9074351 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 02:53:45 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id CAA44818 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 02:53:34 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA05431
for [email-masked]; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 02:53:33 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Wed, 22 Jul 1998 02:53:33 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

370
ABIO10 PGTW 220800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/220800Z/221800Z JULY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 09S9
082E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9S9 79E6. 220530Z2 VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS AN AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION HAS FORMED APPROXIMATELY
50NM FROM THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. SHEER AND DIVERGENCE
CHARTS INDICATE THE SYSTEM HAS MOVED INTO AN AREA MORE FAVORABLE
FOR DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20-25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1005 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3.  JUSTIFICATION FOR RE-ISSUE: UPGRADE SUSPECT AREA.
FORECAST TEAM: HILDEBRAND/PARSONS/JOHNSON/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.