

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id XAA25794;
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 23:45:55 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7817836 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 13 Feb 1998 23:45:47 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id XAA18858 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 13 Feb 1998 23:45:46 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id XAA16803
for [email-masked]; Fri, 13 Feb 1998 23:45:41 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 13 Feb 1998 23:45:41 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Rmks/
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

851
WTXS21 PGTW 140600
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 140553Z FEB 98//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE
WITHIN A 260 NM RADIUS OF 16.5S2 42.0E6 WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO
24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE
ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 132330Z
INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 16.2S9
41.8E3.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT 01 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS: ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE
AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION HAS REGENERATED OVER THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER. 140000Z5 SHIP SYNOPTIC REPORTS INDICATE 25
TO 30 KNOT INFLOW FROM THE SOUTHEAST BUT LIGHT WINDS IN ALL
OTHER QUADRANTS. OUTFLOW REMAINS FAIR IN ALL QUADRANTS. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 150600Z2.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.