

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA27698;
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:49:45 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7880918 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:49:23 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA33960 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:48:49 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA05319
for [email-masked]; Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:48:47 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:48:47 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

248
ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/191800Z/201800ZFEB98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 190155Z FEB 98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 181953Z FEB 98//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 190151Z FEB 98//
RMKS/
1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 190000Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY) WAS
LOCATED AT 28.5S5 074.8E9, MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 15 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 45 KNOTS.  SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY)
FINAL WARNING NR 26 (WTXS33 PGTW 190300)) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 181800Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S (BELTANE) WAS
LOCATED AT 21.9S2 39.8E0, MOVING NORTHWEST AT 16 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B (TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S (BELTANE) FINAL
WARNING NR 06 (WTXS32 PGTW 182100)) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) AT 190000Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S WAS LOCATED AT
30.2S5 070.6E3, MOVING EASTWARD AT 20 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 50 KNOTS.  SEE
REF C (TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S FINAL WARNING NR 06 (WTXS31 PGTW
190300)) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 21S3 50E5
OFF THE EASTERN COAST OF MADAGASCAR. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED
NEAR AN AREA WITH GOOD UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW.  SURROUNDING
SYNOPTIC DATA SUGGESTS A WEAK CIRCULATION IS ASSOCIATED WITH
THIS CONVECTION.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS AREA ESTIMATED AT 15
KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 20 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: HILDEBRAND/UROGI/PATTERSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.