

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA19554;
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:06:05 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 7638452 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:05:59 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA34850 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:05:43 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA12373
for [email-masked]; Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:05:41 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:05:41 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: RO

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

098
ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/301800Z/311800Z JAN 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GUAM/301351ZJAN98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GUAM/301353ZJAN98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1)  AT 301200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) WAS LOCATED AT
19.3S3 106.9E6, MOVING WESTWARD AT 7 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF
A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) WARNING NR 18A (WTXS31 PGTW
301500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2)  AT 301200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) WAS LOCATED AT
16.0S7 124.9E6, MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45
KNOTS. SEE REF B (TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) WARNING NUMBER 15
(WTXS32 PGTW 301500)) AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3)  NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/SMITH/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.