

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA23941
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 28 Oct 1999 02:20:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA08904
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 28 Oct 1999 02:20:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA27079
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 28 Oct 1999 02:18:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA57194;
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:42:49 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13587880 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:42:48 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA57148 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:42:32 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA24745 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:42:31 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:42:31 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 13cae13c61f304afbed4580078047271

632
ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/271800Z/281800Z OCT 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/271351Z OCT 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 271200Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B WAS LOCATED
NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE ANDAMAN ISLANDS, NEAR 16.7N4 90.9E8 AND WAS
MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
90 GUSTING TO 110 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 271500) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.2S4
68.0E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.8S2 66.8E0, SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF DIEGO
GARCIA. A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS EVIDENT IN A RECENT
SCATTEROMETER PASS WITH INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWING ASSOCIATED
SCATTERED CONVECTION SOUTH OF THE CIRCULATION CENTER. UW CIMSS
CHARTS INDICATE WEAK UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENCE OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/CANTRELL/JOHNSON/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.