

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA29685
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 28 Nov 1999 02:09:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA23391
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 28 Nov 1999 02:10:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA20644
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 28 Nov 1999 02:06:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA15314;
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:53:17 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13880204 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:53:15 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA37312 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:53:14 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA04992
for [email-masked]; Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:53:08 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:53:08 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: O
X-Status:
X-Keywords:
X-UID: 54
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 8bd5b289b008ff3e280a2d0de9195c25

223
ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/271800Z/281800Z NOV 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY NEAR 08N8 55E0, EAST OF
SOMALIA, HAS WEAKENED AND BECOME VERY DISORGANIZED. THE AREA IS NO
LONGER SUSPECT THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 07N7 72E9, WEST OF
THE MALDIVE ISLANDS. RECENT SCATTEROMETER IMAGES SUGGEST A WEAK LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) MAY BE ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 71E8
REMAINS VERY DISORGANIZED AND IS NOW CENTERED NEAR 05S5 65E1.
SYNOPTIC DATA SUGGEST THE CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH EQUATORIAL
TROUGHING. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 05S5 93E2, SOUTHWEST
OF SUMATRA. PREVIOUS SCATTEROMETER IMAGES SUGGEST A REGION OF SHARP
TROUGHING AND POSSIBLY A DEVELOPING LLCC ASSOCIATED WITH THIS
CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1009 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.