

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id PAA30670;
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:35:45 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11323727 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:35:29 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id PAA29096 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:35:27 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id PAA29188 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:35:26 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:35:26 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

462
WTXS31 PGTW 302100
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (DAMIEN-BIRENDA) WARNING NR 023
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
301800Z2 --- NEAR 16.6S3 79.4E0
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 290 DEGREES AT 09 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 16.6S3 79.4E0
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
310600Z0 --- 16.2S9 77.1E5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 15 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
311800Z3 --- 16.2S9 74.0E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
302100Z6 POSITION NEAR 16.5S2 78.8E3.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (DAMIEN-BIRENDA) CONTINUES MOVING WESTWARD AT
09 KNOTS. THIS SYSTEM CONTINUES TO WEAKEN UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS FULLY
EXPOSED AND THE ONLY REMAINING DEEP CONVECTION IS IN A CONVERGENT
BAND 180NM TO THE WEST. THE STRONGEST WINDS EXIST ON THE SOUTH SIDE
DUE TO TRANSLATIONAL MOVEMENT AND THE PRESSURE GRADIENT BETWEEN THE
SYSTEM AND HIGH PRESSURE TO THE SOUTH. TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S
(DAMIEN-BIRENDA IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE WEAKENING AS IT MOVES
WESTWARD UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF LOW- AND MID-LEVEL RIDGING TO THE
SOUTH. THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO DISSIPATE BY 24 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 301800Z2 IS 17 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.