

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA35904;
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:30:17 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11156984 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:29:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA38362 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:29:56 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA23755
for [email-masked]; Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:29:56 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:29:56 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Rmks/
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS22 PGTW 191830
191821Z JAN 99//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY SUVA
2. IMME$RT TO AMEMBASSY PORT MORESBY AND AMEMBASSY
HONIAJN.JN-54ORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONEIPPLSSIBLE WIT
HIN
A 300 NM RADIUS OF 16.7S4 154.3E3 WITHINHE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUAM# OF NUMBERED TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS INTHE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO
BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 191251Z INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 16.5S2 153.0E9.  THE SYSTEM IS
QUASI-STATIONARY AT 00 KNOTS.
4. REMARKS:
A 191251Z9 SCATTEROMETER PASS INDICATES A BROAD CIRCULATION IN
THE CORAL SEA ASSOCIATED WITH A PERSISTENT AREA OF CONVECTION.
THE CIRCULATION APPEARS AS A DEVELOPING MONSOON DEPRESSION WITH
MAXIMUM WINDS ON THE PERIPHERY OF THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES SUSTAINED INTENSE
CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 48 HOURS. SEA LEVEL PRESSURES ARE NEAR
997MB WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATES
GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
5. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 201830Z4.
//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.