

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA28702;
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:50:03 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12278285 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:49:43 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA22168 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:49:20 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA03735 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:49:20 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:49:20 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: O

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z APR 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13N4 97E6
(ANDAMAN SEA) HAS SINCE MOVED OVER MYANMAR NEAR 17.4N2 96.7E2.
ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE THE
MAJORITY OF THE CONVECTION HAS MOVED ONSHORE WITH A TRAILING DEEP
CONVECTIVE AREA LOCATED NEAR 14.2N7 89E7. THIS AREA IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED SOUTHWEST OF
SUMATRA NEAR 8S8 85.2E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9S9 84E2. ANIMATED
INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE LITTLE CHANGE IN THE
AREAL EXTENT OF CONVECTION IN THE PAST 12 HOURS. HOWEVER, 141200Z8
SYNOPTIC DATA REVEALS A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS FORMING
BENEATH THE CONVECTION, AND UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WINDSHEAR CHARTS
INDICATE A WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WINDSHEAR ENVIRONMENT EXISTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/LAFRAMBOISE/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.