

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA14445
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:15:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA28432
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:16:54 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA14621
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:13:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA44718;
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:47:03 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13963092 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:47:02 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA03458 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:46:24 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id VAA02249
for [email-masked]; Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:46:08 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:46:08 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 6fb24e68b9ee431eaac634bc6b4f568d

032
ABIO10 PGTW 080400
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/080400Z/081800Z DEC 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.7N6
90.5E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10N1 89E7, ABOUT 230 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF
THE ANDAMAN ISLANDS. A 072346Z2 SCATTEROMETER IMAGE INDICATED A LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) SOUTH OF THE PRIMARY CONVECTION.
ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY INDICATES THE CIRCULATION IS CONTINUING TO
DEVELOP WITHIN A REGION OF WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL SHEAR AND FAIR
OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1008 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9N9 60.7E3,
ABOUT 600 NM EAST OF SOMALIA, HAS WEAKENED CONSIDERABLY AND IS
THEREFORE, NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 7.6S3 127.6E6
APPROXIMATELY 60 NM NORTHEAST OF TIMOR OVER THE BANDA SEA. ALTHOUGH
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS WEAK, SCATTERED
CONVECTION OVER THE REGION, SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER DEVELOPING WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADED SUSPECT AREA IN PARA. 1.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/MAYER/JACKSON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.