

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA34956;
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:28:18 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 11940278 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:28:17 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA27460 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:27:49 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA16623 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:27:48 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:27:48 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]

999
ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/191800Z/201800Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/190753 MAR 99//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/191355 MAR 99//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/191357 MAR 99//
NARR/REF A, B, AND C ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 190600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 28S (ELAINE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 24.3S9 111.6E9 AND MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 13 KNOTS. MAXIMUM WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32
PGTW 190900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 191200Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S WAS LOCATED NEAR 14.3S8
74.2E3 AND QUASI-STATIONARY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS33 PGTW
191500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) AT 191200Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE 30S (VANCE) WAS LOCATED NEAR
14.3S8 119.6.3E7 AND MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 13 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 80 KNOTS GUSTING TO 100 KNOTS. SEE REF C
(WTXS34 PGTW 191500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.0S1
62.3E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.2S4 65.5E6. ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
DISORGANISED CONVECTION.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.7S3
90.0E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.4S1 99.8E6 (THIS AREA WAS PREVIOUSLY
REPORTED INCORECTLY AS BEING AT 10.7 SOUTH VICE 15.7 SOUTH DUE TO A
TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR). ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
CONVECTION CONTINUING TO BECOME ORGANIZED. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15-20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.7S8
100.0E1 IS NOW NEAR 11.1S3 91.3E3. ANIMATED IMAGERY INDICATES
CONTINUED CONVECTION WHICH IS CONTINUING TO INCREASE IN
ORGANIZATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1002 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(4) NO OTHER TROPICAL DISTURBANCES.
FORECAST TEAM: MALMQUIST/JOHNSON/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.