

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA22441
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 27 Oct 1999 05:17:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA12164
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 27 Oct 1999 05:18:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA04771
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 27 Oct 1999 05:15:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA54580;
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:46:59 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13576469 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:46:57 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA53250 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:46:29 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id PAA08954 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:46:28 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:46:28 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 75b6ae005acd43d088de0786d5d9abde

180
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z OCT 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/261351Z OCT 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 261200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B WAS LOCATED NORTH OF THE
ANDAMAN ISLANDS, NEAR 15.0N6 93.9E1 AND WAS MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT
10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 45 GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 261500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.9N2
96.0E5 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA.
1.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.2S4
68.0E4 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE LAST 24 HOURS, SOUTH
OF DIEGO GARCIA. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICT A
WELL DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). HOWEVER,
CONVECTION NEAR THE LLCC HAS DIMINISHED SIGNIFICANTLY OVER THE PAST
10 HOURS. UW-CIMSS WIND SHEAR CHART INDICATED A MODERATE TO STRONG
AREA OF WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15-20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPEMENT OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/JEDLICK/HERRON/JACKSON/TON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.