

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id KAA29832;
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:24:21 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 11952767 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:24:14 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id KAA16464 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:24:12 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id KAA04232 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:24:12 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:24:12 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Ref/a/rmg/navpacmetoccen Pearl Harbor Hi/200551z Mar
99//
To:	[email-masked]

999
WTXS21 PGTW 210600
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 210552Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/200551Z MAR 99//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS21 PGTW 200600)//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
A 250 NM RADIUS OF 17.8S6 101.7E9 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO
BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 210300Z6 INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 17.5S3 101.7E9.  THE SYSTEM IS
MOVING NORTHWARD AT 07 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS:
THIS SUPERSEDES REF A. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATED
THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) ASSOCIATED WITH THIS
SUSPECT AREA HAS BECOME FULLY EXPOSED NORTH OF THE PRIMARY
CONVECTION, BUT REMAINS WELL DEFINED AND TIGHTLY WRAPPED. SHEAR HAS
INCREASED SLIGHTLY DUE TO OUTFLOW FROM TROPICAL STORM 30S (VANCE),
BUT RAPID RE-DEVELOPMENT OF SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION STILL REMAINS A
POSSIBILITY. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 220600Z0.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.