

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA21086;
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:41:59 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11739900 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:41:58 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA21268 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:41:38 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id LAA06359 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:41:37 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:41:37 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

717
ABIO10 PGTW 251800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z FEB 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/251821Z FEB 99/
AMPN/REF A IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT./
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21S3 36E9
HAS REMAINED QUASISTATIONARY OFF THE SOUTHEAST COAST OF MOZAMBIQUE
OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. AND IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. SEE REF A FOR DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS GOOD.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 AND
75E2 HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE LAST 24 HOURS AND HAS FAILED TO FORM A
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THIS AREA IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED
SUSPECT.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MALMQUIST/WAKEHAM/HERRON/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.