

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA36308;
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:23:50 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11081146 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:23:49 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA40116 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:23:47 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA23995
for [email-masked]; Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:23:46 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:23:46 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z JAN 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5N5 80E8 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 5N5 81E9 SOUTH OF SRI LANKA. SYNOPTIC DATA
(041200Z7) INDICATES A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER ASSOCIATED
WITH THE CONVECTION. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED SOUTHEAST OF THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER. UW-CIMSS PRODUCTS AND ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATE
LIGHT VERTICAL WINDSHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT INTO A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21S3 37E0
HAS BEEN RELOCATED NEAR 19S0 41E5 IN THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUES TO SHOW PERSISTENT
DEEP CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
UPPER-LEVEL ANTICYCLONIC OUTFLOW REMAINS GOOD ON THE EAST HALF BUT
IS RESTRICTED TO THE WEST, WHERE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR APPEARS TO BE
INHIBITING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS SYSTEM. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (JTWC) HAS SHIFTED OPERATIONS TO
THE NAVAL PACIFIC METEOROLOGY AND OCEANOGRAPHY CENTER (NPMOC) PEARL
HARBOR, HI. PRODUCT DISSEMINATION IS THROUGH THE FOLLOWING METHODS:
A. AUTODIN FROM NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//JTWC//=
B. NIPRNET WEBSITE: HTTP://WWW.NPMOC.NAVY.MIL (LOWER CASE).
PRODUCTS CONTINUE TO BE AVAILABLE AT OUR OLD SITE:
HTTP://NPMOCW.NAVY.MIL/NPMOCW/PRODS/JTWC.HTML (LOWER CASE) FOR A
LIMITED TIME.
C. SIPRNET WEBSITE: 198.97.106.240. PRODUCTS CONTINUE TO BE
AVAILABLE AT 206.36.192.40 FOR A LIMITED TIME.
D. AUTOMATED WEATHER NETWORK (AWN): ALL BULLETIN HEADERS AND
TIMES REMAIN UNCHANGED.
4. AS OF 1 JANUARY, NEW CONTACT NUMBERS FOR THE TYPHOON DUTY OFFICER
(TDO) ARE (A) 474-2320 (C) 808-474-2320. JTWC LOOKS FORWARD TO
PROVIDING THE SAME LEVEL OF PROFESSIONAL METOC SUPPORT TO ALL OUR
CUSTOMERS FROM OUR NEW VENUE.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/MORRIS/BALDINGER/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.