

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id JAA20656;
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:05:46 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11880215 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:05:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id JAA27762 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:05:37 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id JAA11086 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:05:37 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:05:37 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Rmks/
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS21 PGTW 061430
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 061421Z MAR 99//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBSSY PORT LOUIS
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
180 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 14.6S1 104.5E0 TO 16.2S9 89.5E2
WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 061130Z1 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 14.5S0 101.4E6.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 14 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS:
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES DEEP CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PERSISTENT DISTURBANCE HAS ORGANIZED INTO TWO
AREAS NORTH AND SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM CENTER. UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW
IS GOOD TO THE NORTHWEST, FAIR ELSEWHERE IN AN ENVIRONMENT OF
WEAK EASTERLY WIND SHEAR. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 071430Z5.//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.