

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id XAA24973
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:03:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id XAA13559
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:03:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id XAA20592
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:03:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA26144;
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 09:31:15 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12705390 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 2 Aug 1999 09:31:14 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA23360 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 1 Aug 1999 12:42:28 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA15121 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 1 Aug 1999 12:42:27 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 1 Aug 1999 12:42:27 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 5c055cfa29e262a273255198f283bb88

321
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z AUG 99/021800Z AUG 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16N7 90E9,
IN THE CENTRAL BAY OF BENGAL HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY. AN
EARLIER PARTIAL SSM/I PASS DID NOT INDICATE THE CONVECTION WAS
ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER, BUT ANIMATED VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATED THE POSSIBILITY OF A MID TO LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION. UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN CIMSS SHEAR CHARTS AND ANIMATED
IMAGERY INDICATE CONTINUED STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
ESTIMATED MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 20 KNOTS. ESTIMATED MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/LAFRAMBOISE/PARKER//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.