

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA12670
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:27:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA12361
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:28:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA12810
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:25:26 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA37338;
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:52:04 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13924652 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:52:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA26062 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:52:02 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id SAA09864
for [email-masked]; Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:51:51 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:51:51 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Formation Of A Significant Tropical Cyclone Is
Possible Within
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 8f8c44e02029094393ec82f6980a6bef

443
WTIO21 PGTW 030030
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
135 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 11.2N4 59.3E7 TO 12.7N0 50.3E8
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS
IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT
022230Z9 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 11.9N1
57.9E1. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS:
THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.7N0 58.2E5 IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 11.9N1 57.9E1, APPROXIMATELY 390 NM EAST OF THE HORN OF
SOMALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS CONVECTION HAS
INCREASED AND CONSOLIDATED AROUND THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. A RECENT SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS SHOWS A CONVECTIVE BAND NORTH OF THE LLCC
AND SCATTERED DEEP CONVECTION NEAR THE LLCC. UW-CIMSS CHARTS
INDICATE AREA IS UNDER MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR, BUT HAS FAIR
OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1004 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS NOW GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 040030Z7.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.