

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA01996
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:47:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA04861
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:48:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA22704
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:45:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id WAA52934;
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:16:07 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13701380 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:16:05 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id WAA58782 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:15:50 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id WAA06598 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:15:49 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:15:49 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 3e9e4aaa8a04b243cf6239d21c92d4f3

297
ABIO10 PGTW 150400
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/150400Z/151800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13N4
93.2E4, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.3N8 93.0E2 OVER THE NORTHERN ANDAMAN
ISLAND CHAIN. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY INDICATES FAIR OUTFLOW IN ALL QUADRANTS. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR PRODUCT SHOWS THE AREA TO BE IN A WEAK TO MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT WITH STRONGER SHEAR TO THE SOUTH.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL DISTURBANCES.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADE AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/COUTURE/THOMAS/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.