

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA26097
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 19 Oct 1999 02:31:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA29035
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 19 Oct 1999 02:32:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA10482
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 19 Oct 1999 02:29:37 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA45612;
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:04:16 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13742653 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:04:15 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA45576 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:04:03 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id NAA11993 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:04:02 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:04:02 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 6cdf3ac275999f7dcb4029924ddca79a

555
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z OCT 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/180753Z OCT 99/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 180600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 04B WAS LOCATED NEAR 21.1N4
84.6E8 AND WAS MOVING NORTHWARD AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE 65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW
180900) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED OVER THE ANDAMAN
ISLANDS IN THE BAY OF BENGAL NEAR 12N3 91E0 FOR OVER 12 HOURS. UW
CIMSS CHARTS DEPICT A REGION OF MODERATE VERTICAL WINDSHEAR. THE
181200Z2 SURFACE ANALYSIS INDICATES A BROAD TROUGH IS BENEATH THE
CONVECTION. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS 1007 MB. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/PARKER/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.