

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA06868;
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:36:36 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12019478 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:36:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA16578 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:36:33 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id LAA05691 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:36:33 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:36:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

999
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/261351 MAR 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCL0NE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 261200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 31S WAS LOCATED NEAR 13.8S2
114.8E4 AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 261500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13S4 47E1
OFF THE NORTHEAST MOZAMBIQUE COAST HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY
OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. 260000Z8 SYNOPTIC DATA DEPICTS A WEAK,
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) NEAR THE PRIMARY CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS
REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 70E7
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A WEAK LLCC IS PRESENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12S3
117.5E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.8S2 114.8E4 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/NORDMAN/THOMAS/PARKER/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.