

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA17903
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 13 Oct 1999 02:00:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA05701
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 13 Oct 1999 02:01:07 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA00047
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 13 Oct 1999 01:58:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA33012;
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:31:34 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13666205 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:31:33 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA18236 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:30:33 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA10587 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:30:33 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:30:33 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 15aeb4c7657312e4219a57fc836d82c2

377
ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800Z/131800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17N8 62E8
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.5N1 59E4, APPROXIMATELY 200 NM SOUTHEAST OF
OMAN. VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUE TO DEPICT
DECREASING CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS AROUND A WEAK LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR CHART INDICATES
THAT THIS AREA IS SOUTH OF THE UPPER-LEVEL SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS
AND CURRENTLY UNDER AN UNFAVORABLE SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BARLOW/HOWELLS/MORRIS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.