

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id VAA28210;
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:26:02 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11914216 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:25:41 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id VAA28404 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:25:34 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id VAA17855 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:25:33 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:25:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Rmks/
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS21 PGTW 160300
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTPS22 PGTW 160200)//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
160 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 13.2S6 115.0E7 TO 13.6S0
108.0E9 WITHIN THE NEXT 00 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
METSAT IMAGERY AT 152330Z4 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 13.3S7 114.8E4.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 09
KNOTS.
2. REMARKS:
CONVECTION HAS BEGUN TO ORGANISE IN THE CENTER OF A LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER.  NUMERICAL MODELS FAVOR DEVELOPMENT OF THIS
AREA IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 170300Z1.
//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.