

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA22585
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:38:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA03837
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:38:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA29347
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:35:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA45664;
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:17:11 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13613189 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:17:10 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA35668 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:17:09 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id VAA15043 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:17:09 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:17:09 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 05b Warning Nr 009
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 62a68852479a4e6baca44e896e7b52dc

150
WTIO31 PGTW 300300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B WARNING NR 009
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
300000Z3 --- NEAR 20.8N0 86.1E5
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 360 DEGREES AT 01 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 080 KT, GUSTS 100 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 050 NM EAST SEMICIRCLE
OVER WATER
035 NM ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 090 NM EAST SEMICIRCLE
OVER WATER
055 NM ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 20.8N0 86.1E5
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
301200Z6 --- 21.4N7 86.2E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 040 NM OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 015 DEG/ 06 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
310000Z4 --- 22.6N0 86.6E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
300300Z6 POSITION NEAR 21.0N3 86.1E5.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B HAS REMAINED QUASISTATIONARY NEAR JAJPUR OVER
THE PAST 12 HOURS AFTER MAKING LANDFALL OVER EASTERN INDIA. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES SIGNIFICANT DRY AIR ADVECTION
FROM THE WEST RESULTING IN RAPID WEAKENING OF THE SYSTEM. AVERAGE
CLOUD TOP TEMPERATURES NEAR THE CENTER HAVE WARMED OVER TWENTY
DEGREES CELSIUS DURING THIS TIME. THE MOST SIGNIFICANT DEEP
CONVECTION REMAINS IN THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT DUE TO THE INFLUX OF
WARM, MOIST AIR FROM THE BAY OF BENGAL. THE WARNING POSITION AND
INTENSITY ARE BASED ON INFRARED SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF
T4.0 (65 KNOTS) AND T5.0 (90 KNOTS). TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B IS
FORECAST TO DRIFT SLOWLY TOWARD THE NORTHEAST AND WEAKEN STEADILY
DUE TO LAND INTERACTION AND INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
THROUGHOUT THE FORECAST PERIOD. THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO DISSIPATE
AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND BY 24 HOURS. AN
ALTERNATE SCENARIO EXISTS IN WHICH TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B MOVES EAST
OF TRACK INTO THE BAY OF BENGAL AND WEAKENS SLOWLY BEFORE MAKING A
SECOND LANDFALL OVER BANGLADESH. THE PROBABILITY OF THIS ALTERNATE
SCENARIO IS CONSIDERED LOW. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT IS
OMITTED BECAUSE THE SYSTEM IS OVER LAND, HOWEVER A STRONG FETCH
EXISTS OVER THE WESTERN BAY OF BENGAL RESULTING IN ROUGH SEAS. REFER
TO WWIO31 RJTX FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNING
AT 301500Z9 (DTG 301351Z3).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.