

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id OAA29786;
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:53:18 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12178800 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:53:07 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id OAA11838 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:53:06 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id OAA18129 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:53:05 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:53:05 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 32s (gwenda) Warning Nr 010
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

999
WTXS32 PGTW 072100
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GWENDA) WARNING NR 010
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
071800Z6 --- NEAR 20.7S9 119.6E7
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 130 DEGREES AT 17 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY A COMBINATION OF
SATELLITE AND SYNOPTIC DATA
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 050 KT, GUSTS 065 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 060 NM EAST SEMICIRCLE
OVER WATER
030 NM ELSEWHERE
REPEAT POSIT: 20.7S9 119.6E7
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
080600Z4 --- 22.5S9 120.5E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
072100Z0 POSITION NEAR 21.1S4 119.8E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 32S (GWENDA) HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 17
KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. TC 32S MADE LANDFALL ABOUT 25NM EAST
OF PORT HEDLAND, ALONG THE NORTHWEST COAST OF AUSTRALIA. LANDFALL
TIME IS ESTIMATED NEAR 071600Z4 AND INTENSITY AT LANDFALL IS
ESTIMATED AT 60 KNOTS. THE CURRENT WARNING POSITION AND CURRENT
INTENSITY (50 KNOTS) ARE BASED ON A COMBINATION OF 071730Z8 INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND AVAILABLE SYNOPTIC DATA. SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO WEAKEN DUE TO LANDFALL AND INCREASING
VERTICAL WINDSHEAR. TC 32S IS EXPECTED TO MOVE SOUTHWARD AND
DISSIPATE IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS
SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).
THE SYSTEM WILL BECLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.