

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA12652;
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:42:33 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11723012 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:42:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA12576 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:42:04 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id LAA14895 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:42:03 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:42:03 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

303
ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z FEB 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 22S4 37E0
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 21S3 36E9, JUST OFFSHORE OF THE SOUTHEAST COAST
OF MOZAMBIQUE. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE
DEEP CONVECTION HAS INCREASED OVER WATER OVER THE LAST 12 HOURS.
241200Z9 SURFACE ANALYSIS CONTINUES TO SHOW A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
IS FORMING BENEATH THE AREA OF CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 8S8 AND 75E2 AND
HAS PERSISTED FOR OVER 12 HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY REFLECTS AN AREA OF SCATTERED DEEP CONVECTION. A 231751Z9
SCATTEROMETRY PASS INDICATES A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. THE
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1012 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/WAKEHAM/JOHNSON/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.