

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA08388
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 3 Nov 1999 03:01:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA20608
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 3 Nov 1999 03:02:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA02234
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 3 Nov 1999 02:59:17 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA52816;
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:39:33 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13646407 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:39:31 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA51500 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:39:16 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA09098 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:39:15 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:39:15 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: O
X-Status:
X-Keywords:
X-UID: 70
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 0d921ca136adc9472260428a027236a6

506
ABIO10 PGTW 021700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/021800Z/031800Z NOV 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.7N4

84.5E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.6N2 83.5E6. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY
SHOWS CONVECTION CONTINUES TO PERSIST OVER THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL
CYCLONE 05B. 200 MB ANALYSIS AND UW-CIMSS SHEAR CHARTS INDICATE
FAVORABLE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR WITH A SUBTROPICAL RIDGE EXTENDING
OVER THE AREA. HOWEVER, THE LATEST UW-CIMSS UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE
CHART SHOWS WEAK DIVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/COUTURE/THOMAS/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.