

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA23910;
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:30:07 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11793287 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:29:58 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA24256 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:28:48 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id LAA01393 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:28:47 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:28:47 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

961
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/010551 MAR 99/
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/011221 MAR 99/
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING, REF B IS A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT./
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5N5 78E5
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 5N5 76E3 SOUTH OF INDIA. THIS CONVECTION
REMAINS EMBEDDED IN THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH AND AVAILABLE
SYNOPTIC DATA DOES NOT SUGGEST THE PRESENCE OF AN ASSOCIATED LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1007MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 281200Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S WAS LOCATED NEAR 23.2S7
42.3E9 MOVING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 281500) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11S2 88E6
HAS REMAINED QUASISTATIONARY DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THIS AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS HAS
INCREASED IN ORGANIZATION DURING THE PAST 06 HOURS. 281600Z7
SCATTEROMETER DATA INDICATED A NEARLY CLOSED CIRCULATION WITH
MAXIMUM WINDS OF 25 KNOTS IN THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT. VERTICAL SHEAR
APPEARS LOW AND UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW HAS IMPROVED TO FAIR IN ALL
QUADRANTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS.
SEE REF B (WTXS21 PGTW) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS GOOD.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.5S8
124E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13S4 126E9 OFF THE NORTHWEST AUSTRALIAN
COAST. THIS CONVECTION REMAINS EMBEDDED IN THE MONSOON TROUGH AND
APPEARS TO HAVE AN ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1005MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/MORRIS/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.