

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id PAA33992;
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:29:25 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11441481 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:29:18 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id PAA29110 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:29:17 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id PAA27581 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:29:11 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:29:11 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 18s Warning Nr 009
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

821
WTXS31 PGTW 062100
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S WARNING NR 009
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ONPN,)NEYRAGE
WARNING POSITION:
061800Z5 --- NEAR 18.3S2 108.8E7
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 08 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 300 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
090 NM ELSEWHERE
REPEAT POSIT: 18.3S2 108.8E7
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
070600Z3 --- 18.3S2 107.1E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 300 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
090 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 08 KTS
24 HRS, VALID AT:
071800Z6 --- 18.3S2 105.5E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 300 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
090 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 08 KTS
36 HRS, VALID AT:
080600Z4 --- 18.3S2 103.9E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 275 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
080 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 08 KTS
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
081800Z7 --- 18.3S2 102.3E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 250 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
070 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 72 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 08 KTS
72 HRS, VALID AT:
091800Z8 --- 18.2S1 99.0E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 250 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
070 NM ELSEWHERE
REMARKS:
062100Z9 POSITION NEAR 18.3S2 108.4E3.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S HAS MOVED WESTWARD AT 8 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6
HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON A
COMBINATION OF 061730Z7 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY ANALYSIS WITH
CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS, A MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS
(061310Z1), AND A PREVIOUS MICROWAVE SCATTEROMETER PASS (060241Z3).
THE SCATTEROMETER PASS INDICATED A 40 KNOT MAX WIND WITH 35 KNOT
WINDS EXTENDING 300NM SOUTHWEST. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES INTERMITTENT CONVECTION REMAINING WELL WEST OF
THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) AND MODERATE TO STRONG
VERTICAL WINDSHEAR. THE PREVIOUS MICROWAVE DATA INDICATED THE LLCC
REMAINS WELL EAST OF THE CONVECTION. TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S IS
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE TO TRACK WESTWARD UNDER THE STEERING INFLUENCE
OF THE SUB-TROPICAL RIDGE TO THE SOUTH. TC 18S IS EXPECTED TO
MAINTAIN INTENSITY AS IT MOVES WESTWARD OUT OF THE STRONGEST SHEAR
ENVIRONMENT. SHEAR IS STILL FORECAST TO REMAIN MODERATE THROUGHOUT
THE PERIOD. THE WIND RADII WAS EXTENDED SOUTHWESTWARD TO INCLUDE
THE GALE FORCE WINDS CAUSED BY THE INCREASED PRESSURE GRADIENT
BETWEEN TC 18S AND THE HIGH PRESSURE AREA SOUTH. THIS AREA IS
EXPECTED TO DECREASE AS THE SYSTEM MOVES FURTHER WESTWARD. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 061800Z5 IS 15 FEET. REFER TO WWIO31
PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT
070300Z0 (DTG 070155Z8), 070900Z6 (DTG 070755Z4), 071500Z3 (DTG
071355Z1) AND 072100Z0 (DTG 071955Z7).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.