

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id SAA26024;
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:45:46 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12083856 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:45:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id SAA28820 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:45:44 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id SAA27021 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:45:43 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:45:43 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To:	[email-masked]

999
WTIO20 FMEE 010000

PAN PAN
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/04/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 3/E4
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 01/04/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE FREDERIC 915 HPA
POSITION             : 17.6S/90.6E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
SOUTH AND NINETY DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 140
NM RADIUS OF CENTRE UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 180 NM RADIUS
OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/99 AT 1200 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH / 89.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE CENTRE OF THE SYSTEM IS STILL IN THE AUSTRALIAN AREA (NAME OF
FREDERIC). IT SHOULD CROSS MERIDIAN 90 EAST AT THE END OF
NIGHT, AND IF SO BE RENAMED EVRINA. SYSTEM HAD SLOW DOWN
DURING THE NIGHT.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.