

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA16768;
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:41:17 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11190027 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:41:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA36704 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:41:13 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA22734
for [email-masked]; Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:41:13 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:41:13 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

524
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z JAN 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 70E7
HAS REMAINED QUASISTATIONARY IN THE CENTRAL INDIAN OCEAN OVER THE
PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC
ANALYSIS CONTINUE TO INDICATE ABUNDANT DEEP CONVECTION LOOSELY
ORGANIZED IN THE MONSOON TROUGH. NO DISTINCT LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER IS APPARENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO
15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR 12 HOURS NEAR 13S4
110E2 SOUTH OF JAVA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THE
AREA OF CONVECTION MAY BE AN EXTENSION OF THE MONSOON TROUGH
EXTENDING ACROSS THE NORTHERN COAST OF AUSTRALIA. A LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER CANNOT BE DISCERNED AT THIS TIME. UPPER-LEVEL
OUTFLOW IS POOR TO THE EAST, FAIR ELSEWHERE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1005MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/PARKER/LAFRAMBOISE/JACKSON//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RHHMMCC21880211825

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.