

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id WAA05184;
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:02:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11328045 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:02:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id WAA37936 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:02:51 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id WAA02601 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:02:51 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:02:51 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Rmks/
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

978
WTIO21 PGTW 310400
310353Z JAN 99//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 7.4N1 91.2E2 TO 12.6N9 88.2E8
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 310330Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED
NEAR 8.7N5 90.6E5.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT
05 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS: VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE DEEP CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TROPICAL DISTURBANCE HAS ORGANIZED INTO
CYCLONIC BANDS. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR REMAINS MODERATE OVER THIS
DISTURBANCE, AND UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW REMAINS POOR IN ALL QUADRANTS
EXCEPT NORTH, WHERE IT IS EXCELLENT. HOWEVER, ENVIRONMENTAL
CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT IN THE EVENT THAT
VERTICAL SHEAR WEAKENS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 010400Z2.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.