

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA19298
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 25 Oct 1999 02:46:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA15694
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 25 Oct 1999 02:46:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA06632
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 25 Oct 1999 02:43:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA37414;
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:25:30 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13551847 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:25:29 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA21266 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:25:27 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id NAA26574 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:25:26 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:25:26 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: O
X-Status:
X-Keywords:
X-UID: 2
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 9a65f3418826cd8c366418d7224d5888

563
ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.4S3 72E9
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.6S8 69.3E8, SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA. SYNOPTIC
ANALYSIS DEPICTS A WELL DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY ALSO DEPICTS A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER WITH A MAJORITY OF THE CONVECTION LOCATED TO THE SOUTH OF THE
CENTER. THE CONVECTION IS IN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT WITH GOOD UPPER
LEVEL DIVERGENCE AND MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/CANTRELL/JOHNSON/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.