

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id SAA28574;
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:49:29 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11757773 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:49:23 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id SAA28552 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:49:22 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id SAA00051 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:49:21 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:49:21 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

391
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z FEB 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/251821Z FEB 99/
AMPN/REF A IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT./
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21S3 36E9
HAS REMAINED QUASISTATIONARY OFF THE SOUTHEAST COAST OF MOZAMBIQUE
OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS, AND IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. SEE REF A FOR DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT
24 HOURS IS GOOD.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 8S8 69E5, SOUTH OF
DIEGO GARCIA, AND HAS PERSISTED FOR OVER 12 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
BENEATH THE AREA OF CONVECTION, BUT THE DEEP CONVECTION REMAINS
SCATTERED. 261200Z1 SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS CONFIRMS A LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION IN THE AREA. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
TO BE 10 TO 15 KNOTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECASTZTEAM: MALMQUIST/WAKEHAM/THOMAS/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.