

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA14402
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 17 Aug 1999 06:35:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA05806
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 17 Aug 1999 06:36:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA04260
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 17 Aug 1999 06:35:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA29238;
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:08:50 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12887344 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:08:48 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA29176 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:07:44 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id RAA09474 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:07:43 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:07:43 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: ade21fd343ab11c6bf6d33e632f5e0c3

484
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/161800Z/171800Z AUG 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS
PERSISTED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS AND IS LOCATED OVER THE BAY OF
BENGAL NEAR 16.4N1 87.1E6. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICT A BROAD AREA OF CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC DATA REVEALS
LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE BENEATH THE CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS WINDSHEAR
CHART INDICATES A MODERATE VERTICAL WINDSHEAR ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTMATED AT 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BARLOW/HOWELLS/PARKER/TON//
BT
?XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.