

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA19495
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Oct 1999 16:37:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA05139
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Oct 1999 16:38:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA06104
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Oct 1999 16:35:40 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA16406;
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:16:10 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13716082 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:16:09 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA11784 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:16:08 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id DAA28792 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:16:08 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:16:08 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 04b Warning Nr 002
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 68e3f9cea154a508d4e36a439e592103

901
WTIO31 PGTW 160900
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 04B WARNING NR 002
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
160600Z3 --- NEAR 16.6N3 87.4E9
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 295 DEGREES AT 10 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 055 KT, GUSTS 070 KT
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 035 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
025 NM ELSEWHERE
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 090 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
070 NM ELSEWHERE
REPEAT POSIT: 16.6N3 87.4E9
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
161800Z6 --- 17.5N3 85.5E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 065 KT, GUSTS 080 KT
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 035 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
025 NM ELSEWHERE
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 090 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
070 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 305 DEG/ 08 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
170600Z4 --- 18.5N4 84.1E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 070 KT, GUSTS 085 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 035 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
OVER WATER
025 NM ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 090 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
OVER WATER
070 NM ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 315 DEG/ 06 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
171800Z7 --- 19.3N3 83.3E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
160900Z6 POSITION NEAR 16.8N5 86.9E3.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 04B HAS TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD TOWARDS
THE EAST COAST OF INDIA AT 10 KNOTS AND HAS RAPIDLY INTENSIFIED
OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED UPON ANIMATED
152330Z4 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
UPON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 45 AND 55 KNOTS.
ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THE DEEP
CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH TC 04B HAS INCREASED DRAMATICALLY OVER
THE PAST 6 HOURS AS THE SYSTEM HAS MOVED INTO AN AREA WITH GOOD
OUTFLOW ALOFT. INDEED, A 160324Z6 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE/IMAGER
PASS INDICATED THE DEEP CONVECTION WAS LOCATED JUST SOUTH OF A 10
NM DIAMETER EYE. TROPICAL CYCLONE 04B IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE
WEST-NORTHWESTWARD UNDER THE STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE TO ITS NORTHEAST THROUGHOUT THE FORECAST. THE SYSTEM SHOULD
CONTINUE TO INTENSIFY UNTIL IT MAKES LANDFALL OVER EASTERN INDIA
BY THE 24-HOUR FORECAST POSITION. AT THAT POINT, TC 04B SHOULD
DISSIPATE RAPIDLY OVER LAND. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT
160600Z3 IS 12 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 RJTX FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT
INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT 162100Z0 (DTG 161953Z5) AND 170900Z7
(DTG 170753Z3).//
BT
#0001

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.