

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id GAA15366;
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 06:45:37 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11318843 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 06:45:36 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id GAA41210 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 06:45:36 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id GAA23836 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 06:45:35 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 30 Jan 1999 06:45:35 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

333
WTIO20 FMEE 301200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 10/B
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 30/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE EX-BIRENDA  1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.5S/80.0E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 180 NM FROM
CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS REACHING
LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 31/01/99 AT 0000 UTC: 15.6 SOUTH / 78.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM HAS CLEARLY WEAKENED, HOWEVER, STRONG WINDS PERSIST IN
THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH
THE HIGH IN THE SOUTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.