

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id SAA29668;
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:28:21 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11896309 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:28:20 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id SAA20692 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:28:19 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id SAA25522 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:28:18 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:28:18 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTIO20 FMEE 080000

PAN PAN
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 24/D
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 08/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE DAVINA  940 HPA
POSITION             : 17.2S/67.4E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 270
NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/99 AT 1200 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH / 63.9 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM SEEMS TO SLIGHTLY WEAKENS. EXTENSION OF NEAR GALE AND
GALE FORCE HAS BEEN AJUSTED THANKS TO AN ORBIT OF ERS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.