

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id DAA37644;
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:28:14 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11318345 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:28:09 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id DAA32248 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:28:08 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id DAA20422 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:28:08 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:28:08 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

702
WTXS31 PGTW 300900 COR
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S DAMIEN-BIRENDA) WARNING NR 022A CORRECTED

01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
WARNING POSITION:
300600Z9 --- NEAR 17.2S0 81.1E0
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 285 DEGREES AT 12 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
POSITION BASED ON EYE FIXED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 115 NM SOUTHWEST SEMICIRCLE
075 NM ELSEWHERE
REPEAT POSIT: NEAR 17.2S0 81.1E0
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
301800Z2 --- 16.8S5 72.7E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SPGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 12 KTS
24 HR, VALID AT:
310600Z0 --- 16.74 76;3E6
MAX SUSTAINED W
DS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 265 DEG/ 11 KTS
36 HRS, VALID AT:
311800Z3 --- 16.8S5 74.0E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KV
, DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL VLONE OVER WATAR
REMARKS:
300900Z+ POSITION NEAR 17.1S9 80.5E3.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (DAMIEN-BIRENDA) HASPMOVED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD
AT 12 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. THIS SYSTEM CONTINUES TO
EXPERIENCE MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WI  SHEAR FRM THE NORTHEAST
AND THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS FULLY EXPOSED. THE WARNING
POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY. THE CURRENT INTENSITY IS ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 15S (DAMIEN-BIRENDA) IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE MOVING WEST=
NORTHWESTWARD FOR THE NEX12 HOURS AS IT MOVES OUT OF A WEAKNESS IN

THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE. THEN, THE TRACK CONTINUES MORE WESTWARD UNDER

THE ENVIRONMENTAL STEERING INFLUENC OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO ITS

SOUTH. THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE WEAKENING DUE TO STRONG
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. WIND RADII ARE BASED ON EXTRAPOLATION FROM THE

PREVIOUS WARNING AND CONVECTION CONFINED TO THE SOUTHWEST. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 300600Z IS 18 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30
PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT
302100Z6 (DTG 301957Z5) AND 340900Z3 (DTG GEQPUTUZ3)=
2. JUSTIFICATION FOR CORRECTC RECT NAME CIXNAUVAWVLINE
AUXX
BT
?0001

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.