

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id XAA04714;
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:01:59 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11342828 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:01:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id XAA23646 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:01:56 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id XAA16497 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:01:56 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:01:56 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 010353z Feb Toxx
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

280
WTIO21 PGTW 010400
UBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
010353Z FEB TOXX
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARHRBOR HI/310353Z JAN 99//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 310400)//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DEL
VERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
155 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 8.6N4 90.0E9 TO 13.5N9 83.7E8
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO
4 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA FOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROIICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE -0 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 312330Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CZNTER IS LOCATED
NSEN2 9.0E7. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 04
KNOTS.
3. REMARKS: THIS SUPERSEDES REF A. ANIMAO
LINFRARD AND WATER VAPOR

SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
PERSISTSHOVER THIS ISTURBANCE. HOWEVER, A WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER CTNTINUES TO GENERATE PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION.

IF VERTICALLSHEAR WEAKENS, THIS DISTURBANCE REMAINS IN A FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHER ORGANIZATION. :5 3 0953,58-) 94 -8,88:-,5
5408:-) :6:)9,3 3:3)90.3,5 285 8, 24 HOURSREMAINS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 020400Z6.//

I

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.