

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id DAA33034;
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:50:30 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11916813 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:50:26 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id DAA38134 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:50:25 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id DAA20593 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:50:24 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:50:24 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Ref/b/rmg/navpacmetoccen Pearl Harbor Hi/160130z Mar
99//
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS22 PGTW 160900
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/150251Z MAR 99//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/160130Z MAR 99//
NARR/REF A IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT FOR THE SOUTH INDIAN
OCEAN(WTXS21 PGTW 160300). REF B IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION
ALERT FOR THE SOUTHEAST PACIFIC (WHPS21 PHNC 160300)//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
075 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 12.7S0 74.0E1 TO 13.6S0 68.0E4
WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA AT 160700Z4 INDICATE THAT A LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) IS LOCATED NEAR 13.0S4 74.1E2. THE SYSTEM
IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS:
CURRENT VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES AN OVERALL INCREASE
IN CONVECTION AND ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST 12 HRS. A SATELLITE
FIX FROM AFWA INDICATES THE LLCC IS EXPOSED AND APPROXIMATELY 30NM
EAST OF THE CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES THIS IS A BROAD
CIRCULATION WITHIN THE VERY ACTIVE MONSOON TROUGH. UPPER-LEVEL DATA
INDICATES AN ANTICYCLONE EAST OF THE LLCC. THIS ANTICLYCLONE IS
CURRENTLY PROVIDING THE SHEAR OVER THE SYSTEM. OBJECTIVE AND MODEL
GUIDANCE INDICATE A WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD TRACK.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 170900Z7.
5. SEE REF A FOR DETAILS ON A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
LOCATED NEAR 13.3S7 114.8E4. SEE REF B FOR DETAILS ON A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT LOCATED NEAR 17.0S8 152.0W8. //

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.