

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA20700
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:58:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA14751
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:59:26 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA07084
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:56:42 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA35430;
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:38:21 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13779425 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:38:20 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA08772 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:38:08 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id AAA01488 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:38:08 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:38:08 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 386fcc2b715cbd30714741d0f5efd9c6

122
ABIO10 PGTW 210600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/210600Z/211800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 07.5N2 91E0,
SOUTHWEST OF THE ANDAMAN ISLANDS. RECENT SYNOPTIC DATA SUGGESTS THE
CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD SURFACE CIRCULATION. OUTFLOW
APPEARS FAIR WITH WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL SHEAR ACROSS THE REGION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 05S5 75E2,
EAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE PAST
24 HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION
OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA SHOWS A BROAD LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADDED POOR SUSPECT AREA IN PARA.1.B.(1). NO OTHER
CHANGES.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/MAYER/JACKSON/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.