

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id JAA34926;
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 09:42:12 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 11952224 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 21 Mar 1999 09:42:10 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id JAA46868 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 21 Mar 1999 09:41:42 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id JAA04001 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 21 Mar 1999 09:41:42 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 21 Mar 1999 09:41:42 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]

999
ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/201800Z/211800Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/201357 MAR 99//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/200551 MAR 99//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 201200Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 30S (VANCE) WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.6S3 116.7E5  AND MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 8 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 120 KNOTS GUSTING TO 140 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS34 PGTW 201500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.2S4
65.5E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.0S3 68.0E4. ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
SPORADIC CONVECTION.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.4S1
99.8E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.2S1 102.3E6, AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20-25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS GOOD.  SEE REF
B FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.1S3
91.3E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.2S4 100E1. ANIMATED IMAGERY INDICATES
CONTINUED PRESENCE OF A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(4) A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER WITH SCATTERED CONVECTION
IS LOCATED NEAR 18.5S4 70.0E7.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB.  THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
FORECAST TEAM: MALMQUIST/JOHNSON/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.