

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id IAA45498;
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:09:31 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 11938656 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:09:26 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id IAA13826 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:06:02 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id IAA12139 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:06:02 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:06:02 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To:	[email-masked]

999
WTXS33 PGTW 191500
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S WARNING NR 008
03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
191200Z3 --- NEAR 14.3S8 74.2E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 360 DEGREES AT 01 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 14.3S8 74.2E3
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
200000Z2 --- 14.4S9 74.3E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
191500Z6 POSITION NEAR 14.3S8 74.2E3. TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S HAS
REMAINED QUASISTATIONARY SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA OVER THE PAST 06
HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED UPON 191130Z5 ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY, AND THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED UPON
SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 KNOTS. THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION HAS WEAKENED AND THE CONVECTION HAS SHEARED OFF OF THIS
SYSTEM. TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S IS FORECAST TO REMAIN QUASISTATIONARY
AND DISSIPATE COMPLETELY IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT
WAVE HEIGHT AT 191200Z3 IS 12 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN
WEST GU). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE  28S (ELAINE) WARNINGS
(WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE
30S (VANCE) WARNINGS (WTXS34 PGTW) FOR SIX-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.