

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA19808;
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 12:44:33 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11765930 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 27 Feb 1999 12:44:32 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA17924 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 27 Feb 1999 12:44:11 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA07161 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 27 Feb 1999 12:44:11 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 27 Feb 1999 12:44:11 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

872
WTIO24 FMEE 271800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/02/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 15/D2
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 27/02/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE  1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.8S/39.6E
(TWENTY TWO DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE
DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS AND EXTENDS LOCALLY
UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT LIKELY REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT IN
THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS. MODERATE
TO LOCALLY ROUGH SEAS.

FORECASTED POSITION 28/02/99 AT 0600 UTC: 23.1 SOUTH / 41.2 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED NEAR THE LOW-LEVEL CENTRE. IT IS
DIFFICULT TO DETERMINATE EXACTLY ITS POSITION ON IR IMAGERY,
BUT THE SYSTEM APPEARS CLEARLY SHEARED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.