

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id OAA21130;
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:44:15 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11887946 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:44:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id OAA25974 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:44:04 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id OAA08759 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:44:00 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:44:00 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 26s Warning Nr 007
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS31 PGTW 082100
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S WARNING NR 007
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
081800Z7 --- NEAR 15.1S7 88.9E5
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 12 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 120 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
REPEAT POSIT: NEAR 15.1S7 88.9E5
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
090600Z5 --- 15.5S1 86.2E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 14 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
091800Z8 --- 16.0S7 83.3E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 255 DEG/ 15 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
100600Z7 --- 16.7S4 80.2E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 255 DEG/ 16 KTS
---
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
101800Z0 --- 17.4S2 77.0E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 075 NM SOUTH SEMICIRCLE
060 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 72 HR POSIT: 255 DEG/ 14 KTS
---
72 HRS, VALID AT:
111800Z1 --- 19.0S0 71.2E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 050 KT, GUSTS 065 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 090 NM SOUTH SEMICIRCLE
075 NM ELSEWHERE
---
REMARKS:
082100Z1 POSITION NEAR 15.2S8  88.2E8.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS OVER THE PAST
6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON PERSISTENCE
WITH THE PREVIOUS FORECAST. ANIMATED INFRARED AND WATER VAPOR
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE DEEP CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY ASSOCIATED
WITH TC 26S HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)IS NO LONGER DISCERNABLE USING INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY. HENCE, TC 26S MAY BE RELOCATED FOR THE NEXT
WARNING USING VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY. TC 26S IS FORECAST TO
CONTINUE ON A WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD TRACK THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD
UNDER THE STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO THE SOUTH.
TC 26S IS ALSO FORECAST TO WEAKEN TO 25 KNOTS THROUGH 48 HOURS DUE
TO THE WINDSHEAR AND COLDER AIR BEING ENTRAINED INTO THE SYSTEM.
THEN TC 26S IS FORECAST TO INTENSIFY AS IT ORGANIZES AND MOVES
INTO A MORE FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 081800Z7 IS 14 FEET. REFER TO WWIO31
PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT
090300Z2 (DTG 090151Z6), 090900Z8 (DTG 090751Z2), 091500Z5
(DTG 091351Z9) AND 092100Z2 (DTG 091951Z5). REFER TO TROPICAL
CYCLONE 25S (DAVINA) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDATES.//
BT
#0007

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.