

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA29780;
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:12:35 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12586682 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:12:23 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA36660 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:12:20 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA03075 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:12:19 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:12:19 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

666
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z JUN 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED OVER THE BAY OF BENGAL
NEAR 16N7 89E7. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATE
CONVECTION HAS BECOME MORE ORGANIZED AND INCREASED IN AREAL
EXTENT OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. 141200Z8 SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS SHOWED THE
MONSOON TROUGH EXTENDING FROM A LOW OVER NORTHEAST INDIA
SOUTHEASTWARD OVER THE COAST OF BURMA. A MID-TROPOSPHERIC CYCLONE IS
POSITIONED OVER THE REGION IN THE MODEL ANALYSIS, BUT IS NOT
REFLECTED AT THE SURFACE. UW-CIMSS WIND SHEAR PRODUCT INDICATES
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1004 MB. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.