

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA15015
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 17 Nov 1999 02:35:40 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA22301
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 17 Nov 1999 02:36:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA03836
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 17 Nov 1999 02:33:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA09012;
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:13:47 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13774687 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:13:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA44324 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:13:44 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA06067 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:13:44 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:13:44 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: ea04d0ae825f35b6e56cb1237add8092

150
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/161800Z/171800Z NOV 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 7N7 81E9, EAST OF
SRI LANKA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT
CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 10 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA SHOWS A POSSIBLE
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EMBEDDED WITHIN THE BROAD MONSOON
TROUGH. UW-CIMSS CHARTS INDICATE THIS AREA IS UNDER A DIFFLUENT
REGION WITH WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 7S7 79E6, EAST OF
THE BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORIES. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS SCATTERED CONVECTION HOWEVER NO CLEARLY DEFINED
CIRCULATION CENTER IS APPARENT. SCATTEROMETER DATA INDICATES A
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EMBEDDED WITHIN A BROAD REGION OF
NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGHING. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1009
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/CANTRELL/JOHNSON/GLASS//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RHHMMCB27203201702

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.