

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA16528;
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:55:11 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11899225 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:55:01 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA13886 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:55:00 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id NAA04057 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:54:59 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:54:59 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS32 PGTW 142100
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 25S (DAVINA) WARNING NR 029
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
141800Z4 --- NEAR 21.0S3 51.8E4
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 305 DEGREES AT 07 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: NEAR 21.0S3 51.8E4
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
150600Z2 --- 20.7S9 51.0E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
142100Z8 POSITION NEAR 20.9S1  51.6E2.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 25S (DAVINA) HAS TRACKED NORTHWESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS
OFF THE EAST COAST OF MADAGASCAR OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING
OSITION IS BASED UPON 141730Z6 ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY.
THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED UPON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY
ESTIMATES OF 25 AND 30 KNOTS. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY CONTINUE TO SHOW TC 25S IS A TOTALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION (LLCC), BUT THE LATEST VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS
THE LLCC IS BEGINNING TO ELONGATE AS IT CONTINUES WESTWARD. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 25S IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TO TRACK NORTHWESTWARD UNDER THE
STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE RIDGE TO ITS SOUTH AS IT CONTINUES TO
DISSIPATE OVER WATER. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 141800Z4 IS
12 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT
TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI). THE SYSTEM
WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION. REFER TO
TROPICAL CYCLONE 27P (HALI) WARNINGS (WTPS31 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDATES.//
BT
#0029

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.