

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id PAA42680;
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:19:29 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 11941243 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:19:19 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id PAA40856 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:19:18 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id PAA19422 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:19:17 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:19:17 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    02 Active Tropical Cyclones In South Indian Ocean
To:	[email-masked]

999
WTXS32 PGTW 192100
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 28S (ELAINE) WARNING NR 009
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
191800Z9 --- NEAR 25.3S0 113.8E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 105 DEGREES AT 10 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
REPEAT POSIT: 25.3S0 113.8E3
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
200600Z8 --- 25.8S5 115.6E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
192100Z3 POSITION NEAR 25.4S1  114.2E8.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 28S (ELAINE) IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 8
KNOTS.  THE CYCLONE IS MAKING LANDFALL AND THE REMNENTS SHOULD
DISSIPATE QUICKLY. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 191800Z9
IS 14 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT
TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).  THE SYSTEM WILL
BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL
CYCLONE  30S (VANCE) WARNINGS (WTXS34 PGTW)FOR TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDATES.//
BT
#0001

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.