

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA20294;
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 13:01:42 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12177091 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 7 Apr 1999 13:01:41 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA08244 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 7 Apr 1999 13:01:39 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id NAA15902 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 7 Apr 1999 13:01:38 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 7 Apr 1999 13:01:38 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]

999
ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/071800Z/081800Z APR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/070151 APR 99/
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/071353 APR 99/
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCL0NE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN ELONGATED AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 5N5
85E3. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES THIS
CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA AND
IMAGERY DO NOT INDICATE ANY LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATIONS IN THE
CONVECTION. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 10-15 KNOTS.
ESTIMATED MEAN SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS
POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 070000Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 31S (FREDERIC-EVRINA) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 19.2S2 64.3E3 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 070300) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS
SYSTEM.
(2) AT 071200Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GWENDA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 19.6S6 118.2E2 AND WAS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 13 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 100 KNOTS GUSTING TO 125
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 071500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/MORRIS/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.