

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id UAA17522;
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:58:40 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11444493 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:58:31 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id UAA19428 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:56:59 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id UAA11552 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:56:59 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:56:59 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 18s Warning Nr 014
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

297
WTXS31 PGTW 080300
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S WARNING NR 014
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
080000Z8 --- NEAR 19.1S1 107.8E6
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 255 DEGREES AT 04 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 19.1S1 107.8E6
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
081200Z1 --- 19.3S3 107.2E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 03 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
090000Z9 --- 19.4S4 106.6E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 03 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
091200Z2 --- 19.4S4 106.0E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
080300Z1 POSITION NEAR 19.1S1 107.6E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S HAS DRIFTED SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE PAST
6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 072330Z5 VISIBLE IMAGERY
ANALYSIS. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON EXTRAPOLATION FROM THE
PREVIOUS WARNING AND ESTIMATES OF LOW-LEVEL CLOUD DRIFT WIND
SPEEDS. VISIBLE IMAGERY REVEALS A WELL-DEFINED AND FULLY EXPOSED
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). ANIMATED IMAGERY ALSO SHOWS
LIMITED CONVECTION HAS REDEVELOPED NORTHWEST OF THE LLCC OVER THE
PAST 6 HOURS. IMAGERY ALSO SHOWS AN EXTENSIVE STRATOCUMULUS DECK
ABOUT 150NM SOUTHWEST OF THE LLCC MOVING NORTHWARD INTO THE
CIRCULATION. TC 18S REMAINS WITHIN THE WEAK STEERING FLOW OF THE
BROADER MONSOON TROUGH AND THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO THE SOUTHEAST.
TC 18S IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE DRIFTING SOUTHWESTWARD THROUGH 24
HOURS. AFTERWARDS, TC 18S IS EXPECTED TO TURN MORE WESTWARD AS
THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE BUILDS SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM. CONTINUED
SHEAR AND COOLER LOW-LEVEL TEMPERATURE ENTRAINMENT IS EXPECTED
TO INHIBIT FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF THE SYSTEM. TC 18S IS FORECAST
TO DISSIPATE OVER WATER BY THE 36 HOUR FORECAST POSITION. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 080000Z8 IS 14 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30
PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT
080900Z7 (DTG 080755Z5), 081500Z4 (DTG 081355Z2), 082100Z1
(DTG 081955Z8) AND 090300Z2 (DTG 090155Z0).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.