

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA09292;
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:45:50 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11766907 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:45:49 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA12856 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:45:48 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id NAA07746 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:45:47 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:45:47 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

978
ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/271800Z/281800Z FEB 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/271351Z FEB 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING./
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 271200Z2 TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S WAS LOCATED NEAR 21.4S7
38.5E6 MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 06 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 271500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21S3 36E9
IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARAGRAPH
2.A.(1) ABOVE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 69E5
HAS DISSIPATED. ANIMATED VISUAL SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION HAS
ALSO LOST ORGANIZATION. HENCE, THIS AREA IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED
SUSPECT.
(3) A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) IS LOCATED NEAR
17S8 115E7, OFF THE NORTHWEST COAST OF AUSTRALIA. THIS LLCC HAS
PERSISTED FOR OVER 12 HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES A BROAD LLCC, BUT NO DEEP CONVECTION. THE MINIMUM SEA
SURFACE PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WIND SPEED IS ESTIMATED TO BE 10 TO 15 KNOTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/ROBERTS/THOMAS/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.