

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA36008;
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:23:26 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11275028 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:23:20 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA38016 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:23:19 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id LAA11732 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:23:18 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:23:18 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

941
ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/271800Z/281800Z JAN 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/271357Z JAN 99//
AMPN/REF A IS TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED AT 5N5 92E1 AND HAS
PERSISTED FOR OVER 18 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE THE AREA OF CONVECTION HAS BEEN
SOMEWHAT INTERMITTENT. HOWEVER, SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS
INDICATES A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION MAY BE FORMING BENEATH THE AREA
OF CONVECTION. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO
15 KNOTS, AND THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
?(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 271200Z2 TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (DAMIEN) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 14.5S0 92.6E7 MOVING WESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 60 KNOTS GUSTING TO 75 KNOTS. SEE
REFERENCE A (WTXS31 271500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7S7 98E7
SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA HAS REMAINED QUASISTATIONARY OVER THE PAST
24 HOURS. SINCE A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER HAS YET TO FORM
UNDER THE CONVECTION, THIS AREA IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/HERRON/HOWELLS/GLASS//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RHHMMCA01550271716

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.