

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id WAA28960;
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:44:32 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11342399 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:44:31 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id WAA17818 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:44:06 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id WAA16162 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:44:00 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:44:00 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 010353z Feb 99//
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

027
WTIO21 PGTW 010400
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATITN ALERT
010353Z FEB 99//
REF-/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARHRBOR HI/310353Z JAN 99//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 310400)//
RMUS/
1. IMMEDIATE DEL
VERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
-. FORMATION OF A SCGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
155 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 8.6N4 90.0E9 TO 13.5N9 83.7E8
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO IR HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA KOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBRED TRO
ICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 312330Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTE IS LOCATED
NSEN2 9.07. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 04
KNOTS.
3. 3.-4(-: THIS SUPERSEDES REF A. ANIMAO
LINFRARD AND WATR VAPOR

SATELLITZ IMAGERY INDICATE MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WINDISHEAR
PERISTSHOVER THIS ISTURBANCE. HOWEVER, A WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER CTNTINUES TO GENERATE PERSSTENT DEEP CONVECTION.

8 :3458:-))- 3-4 23-(3,-, THIS DISTURBANCE REHAINS ICIAFAVOGABLE
ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHER ORGANIZATION. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT

TRPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURSREMAINS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 020400Z6.//

I

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.