

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA25850;
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:40:15 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11610648 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:40:09 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA18778 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:39:49 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id NAA27996 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:39:48 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:39:48 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

762
ABIO10 PGTW 171800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/171800Z/181800Z FEB 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4N4 87E5
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 5.5N0 84.7E9 SOUTHEAST OF SRI LANKA. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES ABUNDANT DEEP CONVECTION WITH
FAIR TO GOOD UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IN ALL QUADRANTS. THE AREA IS
WITHIN A WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. 171200Z1
SYNOPTIC AND SHIP SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE A LARGE INFLOW AREA WITH
STRONG CONVERGENCE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18S9 38E1
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18S9 35E8 OVER THE MOZAMBIQUE COAST. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND 171200Z1 SYNOPTIC AND SHIP SYNOPTIC
DATA INDICATE THIS DISTURBANCE CONTINUES MOVING WESTWARD INLAND.
ACCORDINGLY, THIS AREA IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11S2 93E2
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12S3 89E7. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES INTERMITTENT CONVECTION THAT APPEARS TO BE ASSOCIATED
WITH A FAST MOVING CIRCULATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1007MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15S6
112.5E9 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/LAFRAMBOISE/PARKER/JACKSON//
BT
#0000

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.