

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id JAA22992;
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:35:36 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12369501 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:35:29 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id JAA23226 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:35:28 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id JAA20410 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:35:27 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:35:27 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 33s (hamish) Warning Nr 007
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

999
WTXS31 PGTW 221500
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 33S (HAMISH) WARNING NR 007
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
221200Z7 --- NEAR 17.0S8 86.9E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 250 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 030 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 200 NM SOUTH SEMICIRCLE
090 NM ELSEWHERE
REPEAT POSIT: 17.0S8 86.9E3
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
230000Z5 --- 17.4S2 85.4E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 265 DEG/ 10 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
231200Z8 --- 17.6S4 83.4E5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 12 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
240000Z6 --- 17.5S3 80.9E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 275 DEG/ 14 KTS
---
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
241200Z9 --- 17.3S1 77.9E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
221500Z0 POSITION NEAR 17.1S9   86.5E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 33S (HAMISH) HAS TRACKED TOWARDS THE WEST-
SOUTHWEST AT 6 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION
IS BASED ON 221130Z9 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING
INTENSITY IS BASED ON A SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF T2.5
(35 KNOTS) AND EXTRAPOLATION FROM THE PREVIOUS WARNING. TC 33S
(HAMISH) HAS BECOME FULLY EXPOSED, THEREFORE, LOWERING THE LEVEL IN
WHICH THE SYSTEM IS STEERED. THE LOW LEVEL SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO THE
SOUTH HAS BEGUN TO TRACK THE SYSTEM MORE TOWARD THE WEST. THIS
STRONG WESTWARD FLOW IS EXPECTED TO STEER THE SYSTEMS REMAINING LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) AS THE CONVECTION IS SHEARED TO THE
EAST. THE LLCC IS FORECAST TO ACCELERATE ON A WESTWARD TRACK AFTER
THE 12 HOUR FORECAST PERIOD. TC 33S (HAMISH) MAY OCASSIONALLY BUILD
BACK SOME SHORT TERM CONVECTION, BUT A GRADUAL DISSIPATION OF THE
LLCC IS FORECASTED BY THE 48 HOUR FORECAST PERIOD. THE WIND RADII
HAS BEEN ADJUSTED DUE TO A PREVIOUS SCATTEROMETER IMAGE AND AN
ENHANCE PRESSURE GRADIENT SOUTH OF THE SYSTEMS CENTER. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 221200Z IS 15 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT
230300Z8 (DTG 230151Z2) AND 231500Z1 (DTG 231351Z5).//
BT
#0007

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.