

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id CAA06020;
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 02:54:42 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11894786 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 14 Mar 1999 02:54:35 -0600
Received: from dwarf.cso.uiuc.edu (dwarf.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.43]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id CAA07580 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 14 Mar 1999 02:19:24 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
dwarf.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA19150 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 14 Mar 1999 01:58:36 -0600
(CST)
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id BAA01044 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 14 Mar 1999 01:55:18 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 14 Mar 1999 01:55:18 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS32 PGTW 140900
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 25S (DAVINA) WARNING NR 028
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
140600Z1 --- NEAR 21.9S2 52.8E5
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 02 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 21.9S2 52.8E5
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
141800Z4 --- 21.9S2 52.3E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 02 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
150600Z2 --- 21.9S2 51.8E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
140900Z4 POSITION NEAR 21.9S2 52.7E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 25S (DAVINA) HAS MOVED WESTWARD AT 2 KTS OFF THE
EAST COAST OF MADAGASCAR OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. THE WARNING
POSITION IS BASED UPON 140530Z2 ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED UPON SATELLITE
CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KTS AND THE TIGHT WRAPPING OF THE
LOW LEVEL CLOUDS AROUND THE CIRCULATION CENTER. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS TC 25S IS A TOTALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER WITH ALL OF THE DEEP CONVECTION SHEARED OFF TO
THE EAST. TROPICAL CYCLONE 25S (DAVINA) HAS CEASED ITS CYCLONIC
MOVEMENT OF THE PAST 2 DAYS AND BEGUN TO MOVE TO THE WEST AS THE
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AT LOWER LEVELS HAS BUILT IN TO THE SOUTH, GIVING
IT A MORE DEFINED STEERING FLOW. THIS STEERING FLOW WILL KEEP THE
SYSTEM TRACKING WESTWARD FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS. TC 25S CONTINUES TO
EXPERIENCE HIGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND IS DISSIPATING OVER WATER.
MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 140600Z1 IS 14 FEET. NEXT
WARNINGS AT 142100Z8 (DTG 141953Z3). REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 27P
(HALI) WARNINGS (WTPS31 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.