

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id HAA29863
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 25 Oct 1999 07:01:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id HAA25104
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 25 Oct 1999 07:01:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA10561
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 25 Oct 1999 06:59:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA22760;
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 17:41:57 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13553602 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 24 Oct 1999 17:41:57 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA30166 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 24 Oct 1999 17:41:55 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id RAA28431 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 24 Oct 1999 17:41:54 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 24 Oct 1999 17:41:54 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: O
X-Status:
X-Keywords:
X-UID: 10
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 014f0255895db1e480440f4fa6d9abc0

556
ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.4S3 72E9
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.6S8 69.3E8, SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA. SYNOPTIC
ANALYSIS DEPICTS A WELL DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY ALSO DEPICTS A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER WITH A MAJORITY OF THE CONVECTION LOCATED TO THE SOUTH OF THE
CENTER. THE CONVECTION IS IN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT WITH GOOD UPPER
LEVEL DIVERGENCE AND MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/CANTRELL/JOHNSON/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.