

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id XAA20148;
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:51:38 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11343325 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:51:37 -0600
Received: from dwarf.cso.uiuc.edu (dwarf.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.43]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id XAA29326 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:51:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
dwarf.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id XAA13009 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:51:29 -0600
(CST)
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id XAA16920 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:48:10 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:48:10 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 010353z Feb Qooxx
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

165
WTIO21 PGTW 010400
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCTNE FORMATION ALERT
010353Z FEB QOOXX
REF/E/RMG/NAVPACMETOYSLNN-4?94  8?310353Z JAN KBOXX
AMPNGREF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 310400)//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO IMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. STJMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS PTSSIBLE WITHIN
155 NM EITHER SIDE OF A TINE FROM 8.6N4 90.0E9 TO 13.5N9 83.7E8
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOEE NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBEHED TROPICAL CYLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WIMDIN THE AREA ARE ESTIMAT
D TO BE 20 59 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 312330Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULETION CENTER IS LMCATED
NEAR 9.3N2 9.0E7. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 04
KNOTS.
3. REMARKS: THIS SUPERSEDES REF A. ANIMATZD INFRARED AND WATER VAPOR

SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEA
L34-
8-5- 9:34 5 8- 8-574?-,:3. HOWEVER, A WLL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
RCULATION CENTER CONTINUES TO GENERATE PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION.

IF VERTICA SHEAR WEAKENSN THIS DISTURBANCE REMAINS IN A FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHZR ORGANIZATION. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT

TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELTPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 020400Z6.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.