

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id CAA31208;
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 02:01:20 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12203770 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 9 Apr 1999 02:01:06 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id CAA27318 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 9 Apr 1999 02:00:54 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id CAA13730 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 9 Apr 1999 02:00:54 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 9 Apr 1999 02:00:54 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 090700 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/090700Z/091800Z APR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/071953 APR 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCL0NE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE ELONGATED AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
5N5 85E3 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY. 081200Z1 SYNOPTIC DATA
INDICATES A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) MAY BE
DEVELOPING EAST OF SRI LANKA. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. ESTIMATED MEAN SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GWENDA) HAS DISSIPATED. SEE REF A
(WTXS32 PGTW 072100) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THE SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) A LLCC PREVIOUSLY ASSOCIATED WITH TC 31S (FREDERIC-
EVRINA) IS LOCATED NEAR 21S3 57E2.  ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES CONVECTION TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE LLCC. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1009 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 85E3 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 7S7 84E2. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A
PREVIOUS SCATTEROMETER PASS INDICATED A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) HAD DEVELOPED BENEATH THIS PERSISTENT CONVECTION. THE AREA IS
WITHIN A REGION OF WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL SHEAR WITH FAIR OUTFLOW
ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE:  UPGRADED POOR TO FAIR, PARA 2.B.(2).
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/COX/HERRON/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.