

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id CAA13112;
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 02:04:39 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11448385 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 8 Feb 1999 02:04:29 +1800
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id CAA17692 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 8 Feb 1999 02:04:29 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id CAA14371 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 8 Feb 1999 02:04:28 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 8 Feb 1999 02:04:28 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Southern Hemisphere
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>

894
WTXS31 PGTW 080800
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S WARNING NR 015
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
WARNING POSITION:
080600Z4 --- NEAR 19.0S0 107.6E4
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 03 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 19.0S0 107.6E4
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
081800Z7 --- 19.1S1 107.0E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATQNG AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 04 KTS
24 HRS, VALID AT:
090600Z5 --- 19.1S1 106.2E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT:,275 DEG/ 05 KTS
36 HRS, VALID AT:
091800Z8 --- 19.0S0 105.1E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REMARKS:
080900Z7 POSITION NEAR 19.0S0  107.5E3.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S HAS DRIFTED WESTWARD AT 3 KNOTS OVER THE PAST
6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY IS BASED ON 080530Z6
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY, LOW LEVEL CLOUD DRIFT WIND SPEED, AND
EXTRAPOLATION FROM THE PREVIOUS WARNING. TC 18S REAINS WITHIN THE
WEAK STEERING FLOW OF THE MONSOON TROUGH AND A BROAD WEAKNESS IN THE

SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO THE SOUTH. THERE APPEARS TO BE NO SIGNIFICANT
CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEMS, THOUGH THE LOW LEVEL WINDS
STILL REMAIN SIGNIFICANT. THE FULLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
HAS CONTINUED TO BROADEN AND WEAKEN. TC 18S IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE
TO DRIFT TOWARDS THE WEST, EVENTUALLY RETURNING TO A STRONGER
WESTWARD STEERING FLOW BETWEEN THE 12 TO 24 HOUR FORECAST PERIOD.
MIXING WITH COLD AIR STRATUS AND ABUNDANT MID TO UPPER LEVEL SHEAR
IS FORECASTED CAUSE THE SYSTEM TO CONTINUE TO SLOWLY WEAKEN AND
FINALLY DISSIPATE OVER WATER BY THE 36 HOUR FORECAST PERIOD. MAXIMUM

SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 080600Z IS 14 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW
FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT 081500Z4
(DTG 081355Z2), 082100Z1 (DTG 081955Z, 090300Z2 (DTG 090155Z0)
AND 090900Z8 (DTG 090755Z6).
//
BT
?7674

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.