

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA26804;
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:46:30 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12052511 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:46:29 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA26770 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:46:27 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id LAA09420 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:46:26 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:46:26 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

999
ABIO10 PGTW 291800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/291800Z/301800Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/291351 MAR 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCL0NE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 291200Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE 31S WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.6S3 101.8E0 AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 80 KNOTS GUSTING TO 100
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 291500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 73E0
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 72E9, SOUTH OF DEIGO GARCIA. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATED THE CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED
FOR THE PAST 24 HOURS. 291200Z4 SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION HAS FORMED BENEATH THE CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 12
HOURS. 291200Z4 200MB DATA INDICATES WEAK DIVERGENCE OVER THE AREA.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/ROBERTS/MORRIS/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.