

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA17162;
Wed, 5 May 1999 12:41:18 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12502320 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 5 May 1999 12:41:17 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA41304 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 5 May 1999 12:39:02 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA16847 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 5 May 1999 12:39:01 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 5 May 1999 12:39:01 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

999
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z MAY 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 83E1
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11N2 80E8 NORTH OF SRI LANKA. ANIMATED VISIBLE
AND INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATE CONVECTION HAS FLARED UP IN THE PAST
12 HOURS. 051500Z1 SYNOPTIC DATA REVEALS A WEAK LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. 200 MB CHART
SHOWS RIDGING LOCATED OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3S3 63E9
HAS EXTENDED IN AREAL EXTENT AND IS CENTERED NEAR 3S3 70E7. ANIMATED
VISIBLE AND INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATE AN ELONGATED AREA OF
CONVECTION STRETCHING FROM 3S3 58E3 TO 5N5 80E8 ASSOCIATED WITH THE
NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10
TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/ROBERTS/MORRIS/MAYER/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.