

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id AAA40816;
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 00:20:44 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11303985 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 29 Jan 1999 00:20:42 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id AAA37962 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 29 Jan 1999 00:20:34 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id AAA26044 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 29 Jan 1999 00:20:33 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 29 Jan 1999 00:20:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

292
WTIO20 FMEE 290600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 5/B
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 29/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM BIRENDA EX-DAMIEN
992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.3S/85.6E
(SEVENTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE
DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 150 NM FROM
CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF
CENTRE BUT EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE WESTERN AND SOUTHERN
SECTORS.

FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/99 AT 1800 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH / 82.5 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE MODERATE TROPICAL BIRENDA STILL DISPLAYS A SHEARED PATTERN.
WINDS ARE WEAKENING NEAR THE CENTER.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.