

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA18836
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:41:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA10843
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:42:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA09249
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:39:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA57116;
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:17:54 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13521559 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:17:53 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA14704 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:14:47 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id RAA19748 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:14:46 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:14:46 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35e3c865a65238cfe0277138e54bc2f5

457
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.5N2 91E0
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11N2 87.5E0, APPROXIMATELY 300 NM WEST OF THE
ANDAMAN ISLANDS. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED IMAGERY DEPICT
PERSISTENT CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER FORMING. IMAGERY REVEALS THERE MAY BE
MULTIPLE WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATIONS WITHIN THIS TROUGH. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5S5 75E2 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 7S7 75E2, ABOUT 140 NM EAST OF DIEGO GARCIA.
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC
DATA SHOWS A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. HOWEVER, MODERATE
VERTICAL SHEAR CONTINUES TO INHIBIT DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BARLOW/MORRIS/HOWELLS//
BT
?XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.