

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA22061
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Dec 1999 02:15:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA20908
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Dec 1999 02:16:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA25032
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Dec 1999 02:13:07 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA21618;
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:52:07 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13921011 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:52:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA39490 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:51:35 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA01804
for [email-masked]; Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:51:24 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:51:24 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 8d6bf1dc6720c5f5011850b93c85ae9d

601
ABIO10 PGTW 021800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/021800Z/031800Z DEC 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.0N1
62.0E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.7N0 58.2E5, APPROXIMATELY 350 NM EAST-
NORTHEAST OF THE HORN OF SOMALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND A RECENT SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICT A
CONVECTIVE BAND WRAPPING INTO THE THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC). INFRARED IMAGERY ALSO SHOWS THAT CONVECTION WEST AND SOUTH
OF THE LLCC HAS IMPROVED OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA SHOWS
THAT THE LLCC IS EMBEDDED WITHIN A BROAD TROUGH. UW-CIMSS CHARTS
INDICATE THAT THE AREA HAS GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT AND IS UNDER WEAK TO
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.