

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA15897
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 Dec 1999 01:34:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA05221
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 Dec 1999 01:35:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA04875
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 Dec 1999 01:31:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA41422;
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 11:17:29 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13993890 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 11 Dec 1999 11:17:28 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA30624 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 11 Dec 1999 11:17:12 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA01465
for [email-masked]; Sat, 11 Dec 1999 11:16:53 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 11 Dec 1999 11:16:53 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 64f29da8077b4bbea0eb0116e4cc4ca3

472
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z DEC 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/102051 DEC 99/
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110753 DEC 99/
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110451 DEC 99/
NARR/REFS A AND C ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERTS.
REF B IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION NEAR 10.6N7 84.3E5 IS NOW LOCATED
NEAR 9.0N9 85.4E7 AND REMAINS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF A). A 111225Z2 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE
IMAGER (SSM/I) DEPICTS ISOLATED CONVECTION DISPLACED WEST OF AN
EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). SYNOPTIC DATA CONFIRMS
A DEFINED LLCC WITH STRONGER WINDS OVER THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1004 MB. SEE REF A (WTIO21 PGTW
102100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 110600Z8, TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S (ILSA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
10.9S0 100.2E3 AND WAS TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 07 KNOTS. SEE
REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 110900 COR) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.1S5
119.0E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.0S4 120.3E6 AND REMAINS THE SUBJECT
OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF B). ANIMATED INFRARED
IMAGERY DEPICTS DEVELOPING DEEP CONVECTION OVER THE NORTHWEST AND
SOUTHEAST QUADRANTS. SYNOPTIC DATA REVEALS A LLCC WITH STRONGER
WINDS ON THE PERIPHERY OF THE SYSTEM. 200 MB AND UW-CIMSS SHEAR
CHARTS INDICATE A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1003 MB. SEE REF B (WTXS21 PGTW
110500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.1S2
99.1E9 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA.
2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.