

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA16374;
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:18:17 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11868621 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:18:15 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA19422 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:18:14 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA28174 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:18:14 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:18:14 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTIO20 FMEE 051800

PAN PAN
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/03/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 15/D
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 05/03/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE DAVINA  954 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.6S/81.0E
(FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL
ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 200 NM IN THE WESTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150
NM MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/03/99 AT 0600 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH / 79.8 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM IS STILL INTENSIFYING AND AN EYE IS NOW PERCEPTIBLE ON
LAST INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.