

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA06153
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 11 Dec 1999 12:12:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA08065
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 11 Dec 1999 12:13:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA08475
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 11 Dec 1999 12:10:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA35754;
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:46:35 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13990099 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:46:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA33180 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:46:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id VAA28022
for [email-masked]; Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:46:14 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:46:14 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Ref/a/rmg/navpacmetoccen Pearl Harbor Hi/092051z Dec
99//
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: e10c38280e798e92853badedcd702817

918
WTIO21 PGTW 102100
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 102051Z DEC 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/092051Z DEC 99//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 092100)//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
100 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 9.1N0 86.6E0 TO 9.9N8 81.6E5
WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS
IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT
101930Z4 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 9.0N9
85.4E7. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS:
THIS SUPERSEDES REF A.
A 101706Z5 TROPICAL RAINFALL MEASURING MISSION (TRMM) PASS
INDICATES AN EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) LOCATED
ABOUT 30 NM EAST OF THE CONVECTION. ALTHOUGH THE SYSTEM CONTINUES
TO REMAIN UNDER A MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT, DEEP
CONVECTION CONTINUES TO DEVELOP WEST OF THE LLCC. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 112100Z5.
//
BT
XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.