

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA06898
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 21 Dec 1999 02:06:46 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA12494
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 21 Dec 1999 02:07:54 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA13796
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 21 Dec 1999 02:04:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA57294;
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:34:53 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14062520 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:34:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA22716 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:34:50 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA07551
for [email-masked]; Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:34:22 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:34:22 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: b22ebb3395f0f01ed6fc86bb5c82ddec

381
ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/201800Z/211800Z DEC 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.0S9
72E9, SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF DIEGO GARCIA, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8S8 69E5.
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS DISORGANIZED, SCATTERED
CONVECTION PERSISTING OVER THE REGION. SCATTEROMETER DATA INDICATE A
BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION WITH THE
STRONGER WINDS ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PERIPHERY. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS
REVEALS WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED NEAR 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS
POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 14.5N0 124.9E,
MOVING OFF NORTHWESTERN AUSTRALIA. PREVIOUS VISIBLE IMAGERY HAD
INDICATED A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) OVER LAND WITH
MINIMAL ASSOCIATED CONVECTION. RECENT INFRARED IMAGERY SUGGESTS THE
LLCC IS MOVING OFF SHORE AND CONVECTION APPEARS TO HAVE INCREASED
ACROSS THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED NEAR 10 TO 15
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1008 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/MAYER/TON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.