

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id AAA41188;
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:48:18 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11285353 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:48:17 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id AAA23768 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:48:16 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id AAA28811 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:48:16 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:48:16 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

553
WTIO20 FMEE 280600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 1/B1
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 28/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM DAMIEN 992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.4S/90.3E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXIST UP TO 200 NM RADIUS
OF CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM OF CENTRE
AND UP TO 150 NM IN SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.

FORECASTED POSITION 28/01/99 AT 1800 UTC: 17.8 SOUTH / 88.6 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE MODERATE TROPICAL STORM IS WITHIN AUSTRALIAN AREA, BUT WILL
SOON COME IN OUR AREA.
SHE SHOWES A SHEARING PATTERN.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.