

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id TAA38372;
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:39:24 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 11968924 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:39:14 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id TAA31950 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:39:14 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id TAA25636 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:39:13 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:39:13 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 30s (vance) Warning Nr 017
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

999
WTXS34 PGTW 230300
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 30S (VANCE) WARNING NR 017
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
230000Z5 --- NEAR 27.6S5 118.7E7
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 120 DEGREES AT 23 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 070 NM SOUTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
OVER WATER
060 NM ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: NEAR 27.6S5 118.7E7
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
231200Z8 --- 30.3S6 122.6E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
230300Z8 POSITION NEAR 28.3S3 119.7E8.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 30S (VANCE) HAS TRACKED EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 23
KNOTS FOR THE PAST SIX HOURS OVER WESTERN AUSTRALIA. THE FORECAST
POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED UPON 222330Z2 ANIMATED VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY WITH CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 AND 55
KNOTS. TROPICAL CYCLONE 30S IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TO TRACK
EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AS IT DISSIPATES OVER LAND. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN PH). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS
OF REGENERATION.//
BT
#0017

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.