

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA01295
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 23 Oct 1999 18:27:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA10214
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 23 Oct 1999 18:28:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA13763
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 23 Oct 1999 18:25:41 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA16264;
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 05:08:49 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13538226 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 23 Oct 1999 05:08:48 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA21108 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 23 Oct 1999 05:08:46 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id FAA14505 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 23 Oct 1999 05:08:45 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 23 Oct 1999 05:08:45 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 741c88e89c4ff929a3751b566b663815

969
ABIO10 PGTW 230900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/230900Z/231800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 87.5E0
IS CURRENTLY MOVING INTO SOUTHERN INDIA AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED
SUSPECT FOR POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 74E1 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.4S3 72E9, SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA. A 230340Z2
SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICTS A TIGHTLY WRAPPED LOW-LE
VEL
CIRCULATION CENTER WITH ISOLATED CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS ALSO
DEPICTS A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
AND FAIR UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE HAVE HINDERED DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED T
O
FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADE AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/COUTURE/NEAULT/THOMAS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.