

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA26692;
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:06:22 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11348652 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:06:21 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA38954 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:06:15 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA27379 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:06:08 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:06:08 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: **** Corrective ****
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

214
WTIO20 FMEE 011800 CCA
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 7/C
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 01/02/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION EX-CHIKITA  996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.4S/76.0E
(NINETEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE NORTHERN
SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SECTOR. LOCAL GALE FORCE WINDS WITH ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
ARE LIKELY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR UP TO 150 NM FROM THE
CENTRE.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/99 AT 0600 UTC: 19.5 SOUTH / 73.0 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM IS NOW WEAK, BUT STRONG WINDS PERSIST IN THE SOUTHERN
SECTOR DUE TO THE SPEED OF MOVEMENT AND TO THE GRADIENT OF
PRESSURE WITH THE HIGH IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.