

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA18982
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 10 Oct 1999 10:43:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA17915
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 10 Oct 1999 10:43:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA21706
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 10 Oct 1999 10:41:19 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA38750;
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 21:20:20 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13633652 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 9 Oct 1999 21:20:19 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA33198 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 9 Oct 1999 21:18:32 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id VAA28753 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 9 Oct 1999 21:18:31 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 9 Oct 1999 21:18:31 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: cf85d602c9be498f37c215a5311f6020

558
ABIO10 PGTW 100200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/100200Z/101800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE BROAD AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12S3
72E9, SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12S3 70E7.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS THE CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR
OVER 24 HOURS AND INIDCATES THE AREA IS IN A MODERATE SHEAR
ENVIRONMENT. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS AND A 091557Z7 SSM/I PASS DEPICT A
BROAD CYCLONIC TURNING ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA OF CONVECTION.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADE SUSPECT AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1)
TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/COUTURE/JOHNSON/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.