

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA27520
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 20 Dec 1999 01:59:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA00366
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 20 Dec 1999 02:00:53 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA29627
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 20 Dec 1999 01:57:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA33076;
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:39:21 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14056292 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:39:20 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA52938 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:38:28 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA25865
for [email-masked]; Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:38:02 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:38:02 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 4826cc13cc6f8ce1edaa9cf1c392e171

863
ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/191800Z/201800Z DEC 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 9.0S9 72.0E9,
APPROXIMATELY 100 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS DISORGANIZED, SCATTERED
CONVECTION PERSISTING OVER THE REGION. SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS AND
RECENT SCATTEROMETER DATA INDICATE A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS SHOWS WEAK TO
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED NEAR 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS CONSIDERED
POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/CANTRELL/LAFRAMBOISE/GLASS/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.