

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA25286;
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 01:47:12 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11787391 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Mar 1999 01:47:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA16048 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 1 Mar 1999 01:47:06 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id BAA23431 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Mar 1999 01:47:05 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 1 Mar 1999 01:47:05 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

324
WTXS31 PGTW 010900
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S WARNING NR 005
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
010600Z7 --- NEAR 25.1S8 43.5E2
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 150 DEGREES AT 09 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GU{k+ALID AT:
011800Z0 --- 26.4S2 44.1E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 165 DEG/ 07 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
020600Z8 --- 27.7S6 44.5E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - #MARKS:
010900Z0 POSITION NEAR 25.4S1   43.6E3.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S HAS TRACKED TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST AT 9 KNOTS
DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY IS
BASED ON EXTRAPOLATION FROM THE PREVIOUS WARNING AND 010600Z7
SATELLITE IMAGERY. TC 23S HAS CONTINUED TO DISSIPATE JUST OFFSHORE
OF SOUTHWESTERN MADAGASCAR. THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN SHEARED TOWARDS THE
EAST AND THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS CONTINUING TO WEAKEN. TC 23S
IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TRACKING TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST WHILE
DISSPATING OVER WATER. TC 23S IS FORECAST TO COMPLETELY DISSIPATE
OVER WATER BY THE 24 HOUR FORECAST PERIOD. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 010600Z IS 10 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL
SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY
THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR). THE
SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//
BT
#0005

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.