

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA44722;
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:38:04 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12259030 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:38:03 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA22134 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:37:33 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA16205 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:37:33 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:37:33 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: O

999
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z APR 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12N3 92.6E7
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13N4 97E6 (ANDAMAN SEA). 131200Z7 SYNOPTIC
DATA AND ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGEST THE CONVECTION
MAY BE ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC).
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.  MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB.  THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE LLCC AND ASSOCIATED CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
13S4 68E4 HAS SINCE DISSIPATED. THIS AREA IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED
SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA NEAR 8S8
85.2E5 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 36 HOURS.
ANIMATED INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGEST A LLCC MAY
BE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS AREA.  THE CONVECTION HAS BECOME LESS
ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/COX/JOHNSON/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.