

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA43926;
Sat, 1 May 1999 12:30:42 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12462155 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 1 May 1999 12:30:41 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA20604 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 May 1999 12:30:39 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA17880 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 1 May 1999 12:30:38 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 1 May 1999 12:30:38 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

999
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z MAY 99/021800Z MAY 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 12.7N0 88E6 AND HAS
PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES DEEP CONVECTION ALONG THE SOUTHWEST
PERIPHERY OF THE SUSPECT AREA. UW-CIMSS SHEAR CHART REVEALS MINIMAL
VERTICAL WINDSHEAR OVER THE REGION. 011200Z4 200 MB CHART SHOWS THE
RIDGE AXIS POSITIONED JUST TO THE NORTH. MAXIMUM WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
NEAR 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO FURTHER AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 4.4S8 90.6E5 WEST
OF SUMATRA. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES A WEAK DISORGANIZED AREA OF CONVECTION. MAXIMUM WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED NEAR 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO FURTHER AREAS.
3. INFORMATION FOR OUR CUSTOMERS: AS OF 01 MAY, 1999, CERTAIN
CHANGES TOOK PLACE IN THE MANOP HEADERS USED BY THE NAVAL PACIFIC
METEOROLOGY AND OCEANOGRAPHIC CENTER FOR CENTRAL PACIFIC AND EASTERN
PACIFIC PRODUCTS. ALTHOUGH NONE OF THESE WILL AFFECT JTWC PRODUCTS
DIRECTLY, CUSTOMERS WHO EMPLOY LOCALLY GENERATED AUTOMATIC PARSING
ROUTINES SHOULD NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING HEADERS WILL BE SIMILAR TO
JTWC HEADERS:
WHPN 21-25 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPN 21-25 PHNC
WHPN 31-35 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPN 31-35 PHNC
WHPS 21-25 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPS 21-25 PHNC
WHPS 31-35 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPS 31-35 PHNC
PLEASE TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION TO UPDATE YOUR PROGRAMS, IF REQUIRED.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/ROBERTS/MORRIS/MAYER/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.