

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA07162;
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:02:35 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11259205 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:02:32 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA19122 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:02:14 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA15018 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:02:07 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:02:07 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

133
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z JAN 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/261357Z JAN 99//
AMPN/REF A IS TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5N5 78E5
HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED
SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 261200Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (DAMIEN) WAS LOCATED NEAR
14.3S8 94.1E4 MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REFERENCE
A (WTXS31 261500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED SOUTHWEST OF
SUMATRA NEAR 5S5 97E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 7S7 98E7. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES ABUNDANT DEEP CONVECTION,
POSSIBLY ASSOCIATED WITH A WESTERLY WIND BURST NEAR THE EQUATOR.
NO LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS DISCERNIBLE WITH THIS AREA
OF CONVECTION, AND THE MAJORITY OF THE CONVECTION APPEARS TO BE
GENERATED BY LINEAR LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1004MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/THOMAS/BROOKS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.