

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA15709
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Dec 1999 04:27:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA17784
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Dec 1999 04:28:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA09459
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Dec 1999 04:25:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA30162;
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:05:55 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13951139 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:05:54 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA05382 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:03:45 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id OAA08237
for [email-masked]; Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:03:29 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:03:29 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 68186f115a611ce1614b16f3423da648

905
ABIO10 PGTW 061700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/061800Z/071800Z DEC 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 8.5N3 93.6E8 OVER
THE ANDAMAN ISLANDS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A
RECENT SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) DEPICT DEVELOPING
CONVECTION TO THE NORTH OF AN EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC). IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE THE SYSTEM APPEARS TO BE
THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL DEPRESSION (TD) 31W. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1009 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 9N9 60.7E3, ABOUT
600 NM EAST OF SOMALIA. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICT CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.
SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES WEAK TROUGHING EXTENDING BENEATH THE
CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1011 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/HOWELLS//
BT
?XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.