

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA20570;
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:28:03 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12418263 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:26:20 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA08352 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:24:48 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA02827 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:24:47 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:24:47 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/271800Z/281800Z APR 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.5N8
93.3E5
EAST OF THE ANDAMAN ISLANDS IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10N1 96E5. ANIMATED
VISIBLE AND INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES THE CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED
FOR THE PAST 24 HOURS. 271200Z2 SYNOPTIC DATA REVEALS LOW-LEVEL
CONVERGENCE EXTENDING OVER THE AREA. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WINDSHEAR
CHART SHOWS A MODERATE SHEAR ENVIRONMENT INHIBITING DEVELOPMENT.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3S3 62E8
NORTHWEST OF DIEGO GARCIA CONTINUES TO REMAIN QUASI-STATIONARY.
ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE PERSISTENT
CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS
POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/ROBERTS/HERRON/MAYER/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.