

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA39356;
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:36:39 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11085725 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:36:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA15524 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:36:29 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id NAA02035
for [email-masked]; Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:36:28 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:36:28 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z JAN 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4S4 49E3
IS NOW LOCATED JUST NORTH OF MADAGASCAR NEAR 9S9 50E5. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES CONVECTION HAS DIMINISHED OVER
THE PAST 12 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA AND SATELLITE IMAGERY STILL
INDICATE A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION, BUT LESS ORGANIZATION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 23S5
34E7 IS NOW NEAR 21S3 37E0 IN THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE CONVECTION IS LOCATED ALONG
AN OLD SHEARLINE AND HAS AN ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION.
OUTFLOW TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST APPEARS FAIR, WITH MODERATE VERTICAL
WINDSHEAR ACROSS THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1007MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4S4 85E3
HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCL0NE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/MORRIS/BALDINGER/GLASS//
DUPE ALL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.