

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA23538;
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 01:25:56 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11107850 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 16 Jan 1999 01:25:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA35302 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Jan 1999 01:25:55 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA03917
for [email-masked]; Sat, 16 Jan 1999 01:25:48 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sat, 16 Jan 1999 01:25:48 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>

999
WTIO24 FMEE 160600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 8/A5
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 16/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE  998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.0S/40.0E
(TWENTY ONE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS LOCALLY UP TO 300
NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT WITH MODERATE TO  ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE AND UP TO 100 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE EASTERN
SECTOR.STRONG GUSTS ARE LIKELY IN THE SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 16/01/99 AT 1800 UTC: 22.0 SOUTH / 40.9 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM HAS NOW TROPICAL CARACTERISTICS AND HAS BEEN ANALYSED
AS A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.