

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA02095
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 26 Dec 1999 02:20:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA07804
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 26 Dec 1999 02:21:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA22195
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 26 Dec 1999 02:17:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA37244;
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 11:58:50 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14091382 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 25 Dec 1999 11:58:49 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA34130 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 25 Dec 1999 11:58:17 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA16171
for [email-masked]; Sat, 25 Dec 1999 11:57:46 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 25 Dec 1999 11:57:46 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 5ec9fd81cd9d527235710e421a79bd6e

178
ABIO10 PGTW 251800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z DEC 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/251351 DEC 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 4.0N4 80E8, SOUTH OF
SRI LANKA. SURFACE SYNOPTIC AND SCATTEROMETER DATA SUGGEST THE
CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH LINEAR CONVERGENCE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 251200Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 03S WAS LOCATED NEAR 12.4S7
69.1E6, ABOUT 260 NM SOUTHWEST OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND WAS MOVING WEST
AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 45 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 55
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 251500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13S4 71.3E1,
SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF DIEGO GARCIA, IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.0S8 92.0E1
HAS CONTINUED TO REMAIN QUASI-STATIONARY, SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA.
PREVIOUS SCATTEROMETER IMAGERY HAD INDICATED A WEAK LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA. UW-CIMSS WIND
SHEAR CHARTS INDICATE MODERATE SHEAR ACROSS THE REGION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/MAYER/TON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.