

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA24995
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 17 Oct 1999 04:09:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA07193
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 17 Oct 1999 04:09:53 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA22665
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 17 Oct 1999 04:07:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA34256;
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 14:48:01 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13720941 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 16 Oct 1999 14:48:00 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA57278 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Oct 1999 14:47:58 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id OAA03146 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 16 Oct 1999 14:47:58 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 16 Oct 1999 14:47:58 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 04b Warning Nr 003
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: ec8a14ba21e9a30e6924071363b04390

909
WTIO31 PGTW 162100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 04B WARNING NR 003
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTH IO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
161800Z6 --- NEAR 17.6N4 85.6E9
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 300 DEGREES AT 09 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 040 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 065 KT, GUSTS 080 KT
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 040 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
030 NM ELSEWHERE
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 100 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
080 NM ELSEWHERE
REPEAT POSIT: 17.6N4 85.6E9
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
170600Z4 --- 18.7N6 83.9E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 065 KT, GUSTS 080 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 030 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
OVER WATER
020 NM ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 085 NM NORTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
OVER WATER
065 NM ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 315 DEG/ 07 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
171800Z7 --- 19.6N6 82.9E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
162100Z0 POSITION NEAR 17.9N7 85.2E5.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 04B HAS TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 09
KNOTS, APPROXIMATELY 90 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE COAST OF INDIA, AND
HAS INTENSIFIED OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED
UPON 161730Z8 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS
BASED UPON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 55 TO 77 KNOTS
AND A RECENT SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS (SSM/I). ANIMATED
ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THAT DEEP CONVECTION HAS
INCREASED AND CONSOLIDATED AROUND WHAT APPEARS TO BE A 10 TO 12 NM
CLOUD-FILLED EYE. SSM/I ALSO REVEALED A PARTIALLY DEVELOPED EYEWALL
WITH ASSOCIATED BANDING FEATURES NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER. OUTFLOW
REMAINS GOOD WITH AN ANTICYCLONE SITUATED OVER THE SYSTEM. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 04B IS FORECAST TO BEGIN TRACKING NORTHWESTWARD UNDER THE
STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO ITS NORTHEAST. THE
SYSTEM SHOULD CONTINUE TO INTENSIFY IN THE NEXT 8 TO 12 HOURS BEFORE
REACHING THE COAST. AFTER LANDFALL, THE SYSTEM WILL DISSIPATE
RAPIDLY. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 161800Z IS 12 FEET.
REFER TO WWIO31 RJTX FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT
WARNINGS AT 170900Z7 (DTG 170753Z3).//
BT
#0001

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.