

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA12184
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 18 Dec 1999 01:30:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA18919
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 18 Dec 1999 01:31:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA03003
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 18 Dec 1999 01:27:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA50508;
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:08:06 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14043332 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:08:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA21518 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:07:48 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA07708
for [email-masked]; Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:07:23 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:07:23 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: O
X-Status:
X-Keywords:
X-UID: 7
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 17cf09d2373c8511ad1644c11524f1b3

520
ABIO10 PGTW 171800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/171800Z/181800Z DEC 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/171353 DEC 99/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 171200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S (ILSA) WAS LOCATED OVER
THE AUSTRALIAN MAINLAND NEAR 20.5S7 121.5E9 AND WAS TRACKING
SOUTHEASTWARD AT 8 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 25 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 171500) FOR THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED IN THE
MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL NEAR 16.5S2 42.0E6 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY
OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY CONTINUES TO INDICATE THE CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A
FRONTAL BOUNDARY EXTENDING NORTHWESTWARD ACROSS THE MOZAMBIQUE
CHANNEL. HOWEVER, THE 171200Z1 SURFACE ANALYSIS INDICATES A LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS FORMED BENEATH THE CONVECTION. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/CANTRELL/LAFRAMBOISE/GLASS/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.