

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA38364;
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:28:17 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11024022 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:28:08 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA36546 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:28:07 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA27449
for [email-masked]; Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:28:06 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:28:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/091800Z/101800Z JAN 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS DEVELOPED IN THE CENTRAL
INDIAN OCEAN NEAR 6S6 55E0. CONVECTION HAS BEEN INTERMITTENT OVER
THE PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES FAIR OUTFLOW
ALOFT AND RELATIVELY LOW VERTICAL SHEAR ACROSS THE REGION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (JTWC) HAS SHIFTED OPERATIONS TO
THE NAVAL PACIFIC METEOROLOGY AND OCEANOGRAPHY CENTER (NPMOC) PEARL
HARBOR, HI. PRODUCT DISSEMINATION IS THROUGH THE FOLLOWING METHODS:
A. AUTODIN FROM NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//JTWC//=
B. NIPRNET WEBSITE: HTTP://WWW.NPMOC.NAVY.MIL (LOWER CASE).
PRODUCTS CONTINUE TO BE AVAILABLE AT OUR OLD SITE:
HTTP://NPMOCW.NAVY.MIL/NPMOCW/PRODS/JTWC.HTML (LOWER CASE) FOR A
LIMITED TIME.
C. SIPRNET WEBSITE: 198.97.106.240. PRODUCTS CONTINUE TO BE
AVAILABLE AT 206.36.192.40 FOR A LIMITED TIME.
D. AUTOMATED WEATHER NETWORK (AWN): ALL BULLETIN HEADERS AND
TIMES REMAIN UNCHANGED.
4. NEW CONTACT NUMBERS FOR THE TYPHOON DUTY OFFICER (TDO) ARE (A)
474-2320 (C) 808-474-2320, FAX (A) 474-2411 (C) 808-474-2411. JTWC
LOOKS FORWARD TO PROVIDING THE SAME LEVEL OF PROFESSIONAL METOC
SUPPORT TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS FROM OUR NEW VENUE.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/MORRIS/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.