

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id AAA34468;
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:34:02 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11329936 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:34:00 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id AAA25174 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:33:49 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id AAA04078 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:33:48 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:33:48 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

101
WTIO20 FMEE 310600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 1/C1
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 31/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION  997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.8S/86.2E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  18 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 31/01/99 AT 1800 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH / 83.0 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
ASYMMETRICAL SYSTEM WITH WINDS CLEARLY STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN
SECTOR (POSSIBILITY OF LOCAL GALE FORCE WINDS) DUE TO THE
FAST MOVEMENT AND THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE HIGH IN
THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.