

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA14956;
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:05:47 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12407215 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:05:46 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA26972 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:05:45 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id NAA16880 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:05:44 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:05:44 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]

999
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z APR 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION NEAR 12.5N8 93.3E5 EAST OF THE
ANDAMAN ISLANDS, HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED
INFRARED IMAGERY REVEALS THE CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED IN THE PAST 6
HOURS. 261200Z1 SYNOPTIC DATA REVEALS LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE OVER THE
AREA. VERTICAL WINDSHEAR CHART INDICATES A MODERATE WINDSHEAR
ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1005 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3S3 62E8
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS NORTHWEST OF
DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE
PERSISTENT, STRONG CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED SIGNIFICANTLY. 261200Z1
SYNOPTIC DATA SHOWS THE CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE NEAR
EQUATORIAL TROUGH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/ROBERTS/MORRIS/MAYER/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.