

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA18893
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 Dec 1999 03:10:09 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA26099
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 Dec 1999 03:11:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA08956
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 Dec 1999 03:07:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA42330;
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:38:42 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13967991 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:38:41 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA16276 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:32:47 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA11902
for [email-masked]; Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:32:31 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:32:31 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: O
X-Status:
X-Keywords:
X-UID: 6
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 2e883548aa35e0ac3cba434ae7e3304f

346
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z DEC 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10N1
89E7
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.5N7 87E5. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION, HOWEVER CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED IN
THE PAST 6 HOURS AND IS CONFINED WEST AND EAST OF THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS SHOWS THAT THE LLCC IS
EMBEDDED WITHIN A BROAD AREA OF TROUGHING. UW-CIMSS CHARTS INDICATE
AREA HAS FAIR OUTFLOW AND IS UNDER WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.6S3

127.6E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 125E8, JUST SOUTH OF TIMOR.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT, BUT WEAK
CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS SHOWS A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER. UW-CIMSS CHART INDICATES AREA IS IN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT.

200 MB CHART SHOWS AREA IS UNDER AN UPPER-LEVEL ANTICYCLONE. MAXIMUM

SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/THOMAS/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.