

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA30638;
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:29:23 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11051521 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:29:13 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA39816 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:29:12 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id MAA11819
for [email-masked]; Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:29:11 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:29:11 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 311800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/311800Z DEC 98/011800Z JAN 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY NEAR 08N8
80E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.5N3 79.5E1. SYNOPTIC DATA AND ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE A WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION BENEATH AN UPPER-LEVEL ANTICYCLONE. DEEP
CONVECTION HAS DECREASED BUT OVERALL SYSTEM ORGANIZATION HAS
CONTINUED TO IMPROVE. THIS SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY LOCATED ALONG THE
WEST COAST OF SRI LANKA WHICH WILL INHIBIT DEVELOPMENT FOR THE
NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. HOWEVER... THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO MOVE
SLOWLY WESTWARD OVER OPEN WATER NEAR THE SOUTHERN TIP OF INDIA
DURING THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR MORE THAN 12
HOURS NEAR 10S1 58E3. THIS ACTIVITY IS ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW-
LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION BENEATH WEAK UPPER-LEVEL ANTICYLONIC
FLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: STEWART/MORRIS/BALDINGER//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RHHMMCA00873651823

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.