

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA37684;
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:57:36 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12357904 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:56:16 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA12748 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:56:14 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id LAA04802 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:56:13 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:56:13 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z APR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACTMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/211351Z APR 99//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.5N6
81.5E4, OFF THE SOUTHEAST TIP OF INDIA, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.5N7
80.5E3. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A BROAD
CYCLONIC AREA OFF THE NORTHEAST COAST OF SRI LANKA. THE 201200Z5
SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS SUPPORTS THIS LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION.
THE UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PRODUCT CONTINUES TO INDICATE A
MODERATE VERTICAL WINDSHEAR ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 211200Z6, TROPICAL CYCLONE 33S (HAMISH) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 15.9S5 90.4E3 AND WAS MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 8 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 211500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/JOHNSON/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.