

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id GAA29924;
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 06:10:04 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11136960 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 18 Jan 1999 06:10:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id GAA26464 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 18 Jan 1999 06:08:54 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id GAA00529
for [email-masked]; Mon, 18 Jan 1999 06:08:54 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 18 Jan 1999 06:08:54 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTIO20 FMEE 181200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 17/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 18/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM ALDA  976 HPA
POSITION             : 28.4S/39.5E (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL FOUR
DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT
1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
QUADRANT.

STORM FORCE WINDS 52/50 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUSOF
CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 70 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF
CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/99 AT 0000 UTC: 30.5 SOUTH / 41.1 EAST
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM SHOWS AN EYE PATTERN AND DEVELOPS A LITTLE, IN SPITE
OF NORTHWESTERLY SHEARING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.