

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id XAA36840;
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:05:10 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11342918 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:05:08 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id XAA23256 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:05:07 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id XAA16542 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:05:06 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:05:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 010353z Feb 99//
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

331
WTIO21 PGTW 010400
UBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERO
010353Z FEB 99//
RKAXRMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEAKVRBOR HI/310353Z JAN 99//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGVW 310400)//
RMKS/
1. IMMSPNLDEL
VERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONEHI POSSIBLE WITHIN
155 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 8.6N4 90.0E9 TO 13.5N9 83.7E8
WITHIN THE NEQQTO
HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA FOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF FUMBERED TROIICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 M 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 312330Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CDNTZR IS LOCATED
NSEN2 9.0E7. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 04
KNOTS.
3. REMARKS: THIS SUPERSEDES REF A./-,8.-9
PERSISTSHOVER THIS ISTURBANCE. HOWEVER, A WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER CTNTINUES TO GENERATE PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION.

IF VERTICALLSHEAR WEAKENS, THIS DISTURBANCE REMAINS IN A FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHER RGANIZATION. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT

TRPICAL CYCL EHDEVEPOPMENT WITHICBHOURSREMAINS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 020400Z6.//

I

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.