

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id PAA35094;
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:15:19 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11391719 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:15:11 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id PAA38914 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:15:10 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id PAA29832 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:15:09 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:15:09 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

635
WTXS32 PGTW 032100
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (CHIKITA) WARNING NR 010
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUST
INED WINDS BASAD ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
WARNING POSITION:
031800Z2 --- NEAR 18.7S6 59.7E1
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 280 DEGREES AT 19 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTE LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POPILUUS6 59.7E1
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
040600Z0 --- 19.0S0 55.7ES
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 2456DEG/ 19 KTS
24 HRS, VALID AT:
041800Z3 --- 20.5S7 52.0E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT,GUSTS 035 KT
ISSIPATED AS A SIGNIWIICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REMARKS:
032100Z6 :09-8589, ,3-4 18.8S7 58.7E0.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (CHIKITA) CONTINUES TO MOVE WESTWARD AT
19 KNOTS.
NIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE MAGERY INDICATES THIS
SYSTEM REMAINS SHEARED WITH DEEPNCONVECTION LOCAE
EAST OF
THE LOW-LEVEL CIRNULATION CENTER.;5#3 -549,<3-5 28,$- 285# 5#8-
SYSTEM ARE LOCATED TO THE SOUTH DUE TO TRANSLATIONAL SPEED OF
MOVEMENT. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON
031730Z4 INFRARED SATELNTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (CHIKITA) IS FORECAST TO MOVE GENERALLY
WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
TO THE SOUTH. THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO STEADILY WEAKEN DUE TO
VERTICAL W HEAR AND D LQLOVER WATER BY 24 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 031800Z2 IS 13 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT
040900Z3 (DTG 040751Z7).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.