

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id IAA21526;
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:27:22 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12381484 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:26:53 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id IAA35752 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:26:28 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id IAA05520 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:26:28 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:26:28 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 33s (hamish) Warning Nr 009
To:	[email-masked]

Status: OR

999
WTXS31 PGTW 231500
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 33S (HAMISH) WARNING NR 009
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
231200Z8 --- NEAR 16.3S0 84.4E6
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 280 DEGREES AT 07 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 16.3S0 84.4E6
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
240000Z6 --- 16.2S9 82.9E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 12 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
241200Z9 --- 16.1S8 80.4E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
231500Z1 POSITION NEAR 16.3S0   84.0E2.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 33S (HAMISH) HAS TRACKED TOWARDS THE WEST AT 7
KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
231130Z0 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
ON EXTRAPOLATION FROM THE PREVIOUS WARNING AND PRIOR SCATTEROMETER
IMAGES. TC 33S (HAMISH) CONTINUES TO TRACK WITHIN THE FLOW OF THE
LOW LEVEL SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO THE SOUTH. TC 33S (HAMISH) IS
FORECAST TO CONTINUE ON A WESTWARD TRACK DURING THE ENTIRE FORECAST
AND BEGIN TO ACCELERATE TOWARDS THE WEST AS THE SYSTEM MOVES DEEPER
INTO THE STRONG STEERING FLOW. MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL SHEAR
WILL CONTINUE TO INHIBIT DEVELOPMENT OF ANY SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.
TC 33S IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE BY
THE 24 HOUR FORECAST PERIOD. STRONGER WINDS MAY REMAIN ACROSS THE
SOUTHERN HALF OF THE CIRCULATION DUE TO AN ENHANCED PRESSURE
GRADIENT TO THE SOUTH. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 231200Z IS
14 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 232100Z8 (DTG 231951Z1), 240300Z9 (DTG
240151Z3) AND 240900Z5 (DTG 240751Z9).//
BT
#0009

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.