

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id VAA29348;
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:56:00 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11341908 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:55:59 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id VAA23184 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:55:58 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id VAA15535 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:54:33 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:54:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 010353z Feb 99//
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

038
WTIO21 PGTW 010300
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
010353Z FEB 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOGSPI/310353Z JAN 99//
AMPN/REK IS TROPICALLCYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 310400)//
RMKS/
I AISNS
AMEOBASSY DHAA
155 NM EIT2 SUDE OF A LINE FROM 8.6N4 90.0E9 TO 13.5N9 83.7E8
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 2 MURS. AVE DATA D
JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBEREE TR
H CAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IHE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY A -1-30Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATN CENTER IS LOCATED
NYGOMEN2 89.0E7. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWDPVNXLAT 04
KNTTS.
?3. REMARKS: THIS SUPERSEDES REF A. ANIMATED IFRARED AND AATEVAPOR
SNBL
TE IMAGERY DICDMODEATE TIG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
PERSISTS OVER THIS DIURBANCE. HOWEVER, A WELL-DEFPNEF LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER CONTINUES TO GENERATE PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION.

IF VERTICAL SHEAR WEAKENS, THIS DISTURBANCE REMAINS IN A FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT FORER ORGANIZATION. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICAT
TROPICLZCLONE
EVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 020400Z6.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.