

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA12380;
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 07:46:20 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11902354 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 8 Mar 1999 07:44:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA28132 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 8 Mar 1999 07:44:45 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id HAA00181 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 8 Mar 1999 07:44:45 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 8 Mar 1999 07:44:45 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 26s Warning Nr 006
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS31 PGTW 081500
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S WARNING NR 006
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
081200Z1 --- NEAR 15.2S8 90.2E1
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 265 DEGREES AT 17 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 090 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 15.2S8 90.2E1
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
090000Z9 --- 15.5S1 86.8E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 17 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
091200Z2 --- 16.0S7 83.3E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 15 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
100000Z1 --- 16.5S2 80.2E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 255 DEG/ 16 KTS
---
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
101200Z4 --- 17.4S2 76.9E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 075 NM SOUTH SEMICIRCLE
060 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 72 HR POSIT: 255 DEG/ 14 KTS
---
72 HRS, VALID AT:
111200Z5 --- 18.9S8 71.1E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 050 KT, GUSTS 065 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 090 NM SOUTH SEMICIRCLE
075 NM ELSEWHERE
---
REMARKS:
081500Z4 POSITION NEAR 15.3S9 89.4E1.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 17 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 081130Z3 VISIBLE
AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE CONVECTION HAS DISSIPATED AND A
PARTIALLY EXPOSED, BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER(LLCC)IS
EVIDENT. VERTICAL WINDSHEAR CONTINUES TO BE PRESENT IN THE IMAGERY,
INHIBITING DEVELOPMENT. A LARGE FIELD OF STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS IS
EVIDENT TO THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM, AND COLDER AIR FROM THIS AREA
IS BEING ENTRAINED INTO THE SYSTEM FURTHER INHIBITING DEVELOPMENT.
THE WARNING INTENSITY (30 KTS) IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT
INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS. TC 26S IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE ON
A WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD TRACK THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD UNDER THE
STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO THE SOUTH. TC 26S IS
ALSO FORECAST TO WEAKEN TO 25 KNOTS THROUGH 48 HOURS DUE TO THE
WINDSHEAR AND COLDER AIR BEING ENTRAINED INTO THE SYSTEM, THEN
INTENSIFY AS IT ORGANIZES AND MOVES INTO A MORE FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT FOR DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT
081200Z1 IS 14 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 082100Z1 (DTG 081951Z4),
090300Z2 (DTG 090151Z6), 090900Z8 (DTG 090751Z2) AND 091500Z5 (DTG
091351Z9). REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE  25S (DAVINA) WARNINGS (WTXS32
PGTW)FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//
BT
#0001

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.