

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id AAA20184;
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:44:35 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11343814 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:44:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id AAA17826 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:44:23 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id AAA17566 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:44:23 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:44:23 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

884
WTIO20 FMEE 010600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 5/C
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 01/02/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM CHIKITA  993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.9S/79.2E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL
TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS UP TO 140 NM IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SECTOR.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/99 AT 1800 UTC: 19.2 SOUTH / 76.2 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM SLACKENS AND WEAKENS, BUT REMAINS ASYMMETRIC WITH
WINDS STILL STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE SPEED
OF MOVEMENT AND TO THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE HIGH IN
THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.