

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA27977
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Oct 1999 02:18:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA01552
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Oct 1999 02:18:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA09975
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Oct 1999 02:16:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA14744;
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:50:42 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13652728 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:50:41 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA14530 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:49:00 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA19255 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:48:59 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:48:59 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 528c797d5f3e979f2958226ca473decf

609
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17N8 62E8
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY, SOUTHEAST OF MASIRA, OMAN. ANIMATED
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION WITH
PERSISTENT CONVECTION IN THE WESTERN QUADRANT. SYNOPTIC DATA
INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH. UW-CIMSS
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR CHART INDICATES THAT AREA IS UNDER FAVORABLE
UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT NEAR THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS
UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BARLOW/HOWELLS/MORRIS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.