

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id AAA20026;
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:45:14 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11343820 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:45:13 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id AAA34334 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:45:08 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id AAA17580 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:45:07 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:45:07 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 010353z Feb 99/-
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

913
WTIO21 PGTW 010400
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATITN ALERT
010353Z FEB 99/-
REF-/RMG/NAVNACMETOCCEN PEARHRBOR HI/31035Z JAN 99//
EMPN/REF IS TROPIQAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 052 310400)//
RMUS
1. IMMEDIATE DEL
LVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA

-. FORMATION OF A SCGNIFICANT TROPICAL WLIS POSSIBLE WITHIN
155 NM EITHEVLLOF A LINE FROM 8.6N4 90.1;39 TO 13.5N9 83.7E8:59,
WITHIN Z NEXT 8 TO IR HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA KOES NOT JUSTRJZISSUANCE

OF NUMBRED TRO
ICAL CHQLONE WARNIS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN TPE AREA AREESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MEVSAT
IMAGERYAT 312330Z INDICATES THAT ALWF8:29, :3,53 8- )9:-53
.07. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 14
KNOTS.
) 3.-4(-: THIY SUPERSEDES REF A. ANIMAO
LINFRARD AND WATR VAPOR

SATELLITZ IMAGERY INDICATE MODERJOE TO SRONG VERTICAL WINDISHZ
PRISTSHOVER THIS ISTURBENCE. HOWEVERPN A WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER CTNTINUES TO GENZYMLPERSSTENT DEEP CONVECTPON.

8TICALLA EAR WEAKENAN THIS DISTURBANCE REHAINS ICIAFAVOGABLE
ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHER ORGANIWON. THE POTENTIAL FTR SINIFICANT

TRQICAL CYCLONEIDEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURSREMAINS GBOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALAVIUIBUCFQQZ6.
I

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.