

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id WAA40694;
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 22:30:52 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11902400 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 9 Mar 1999 22:30:47 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id HAA10188 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Mar 1999 07:05:52 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id CAA15781 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 9 Mar 1999 02:34:45 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Tue, 9 Mar 1999 02:34:45 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
WTXS31 PGTW 090900
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S WARNING NR 009
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
090600Z5 --- NEAR 13.3S7 84.7E9
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 275 DEGREES AT 20 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 13.3S7 84.7E9
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
091800Z8 --- 12.9S2 80.9E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 19 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
100600Z7 --- 12.9S2 76.9E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
090900Z8 POSITION NEAR 13.2S6   83.8E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S HAS TRACKED TOWARDS THE WEST AT 20 KNOTS
DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 090530Z7
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON
SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF T2.0 (30 KNOTS) AND
CONTINUITY WITH THE PREVIOUS WARNING. RECENT VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY HAS FAILED TO REVEAL ANY SIGNIFICANT LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC). A WEAK AND COMPLETELY SEPARATED LLCC WAS FOUND 180NM
EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE PRIMARY CONVECTION. TC 26S HAS CONTINUED TO
TRACK UNDER THE STEERING INFLUECE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO THE
SOUTH. THIS DOMINANT STEERING FLOW IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TO TRACK
THE LLCC AND THE CONVECTION QUICKLY TOWARDS THE WEST DURING THE
ENTIRE FORECAST PERIOD. THIS RAPID FORWARD MOVEMENT OF THE SYSTEM
AND MODERATE WESTWARD SHEAR IS EXPECTED TO INHIBIT FURTHER
DEVELOPMENT. MIXING WITH COLD AIR STRATUS TO THE SOUTH OF THE
SYSTEM WILL ALSO DETER SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT. THOUGH ANIMATED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES GOOD OUTFLOW OVER THE PRIMARY
CONVECTION, TC 26S IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TO WEAKEN DURING THE
NEXT 24 HOURS, FINALLY DISSIPATING OVER WATER BY THE END OF THE
24 HOUR FORECAST PERIOD. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT
090600Z5 IS 12 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA
HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY
THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR).
THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION
IF CONDITIONS BECOME MORE FAVORABLE. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE
25S (DAVINA) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.