

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id QAA36076;
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:40:42 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11371232 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:40:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id QAA25000 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:40:35 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id QAA03199 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:40:34 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:40:34 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/signigioqtitrmical Weather Advisory For The Indiac
R
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

790
ABIO10 PGTW 021800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIGIOQTITRMICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAC R
OCEAN/021800Z FEB 99
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCOPBUARBXVIMIX:-5+ZII 99//
REF/B/RMG/,-;0-:.359::3, 03-4) #-4?94 #8/020551Z JAN 99//
-,-44/REFER
ENCES ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTHQINDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PECINBINBWEST TO COAST OF
AFRUCMPC
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
--5 020600Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B WAS LOCATED NEAR 9.=V3
85.0E3 MOVING WEST-MORTHWEST AT 8 K
OTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERNBOBOPVATOGLAT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REFERENCE A
(WTIO31 02CNL FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBACQEHUUMMERY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.2N0 87E5

IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WOYNING, AND IS DISCUSSED IN
1.A.(1) ABOVE. SEE REF A (WTIO31 020600) FOR FUKTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPOQT AREAS.
2.8SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 020600Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (CHIKITA) WAS LOCOOED M
NONFBUKYS4 72.9E8 MOVING WEST AT 13 KNOTS. VAXIMUM SUSTAINED MWVB
WEVNBOBOIMATED AT 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTSKISEE REFERENCE B
(WTXS32 020900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
H     KQL THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12S3
QEMTE0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.5S9 115E7 SOUTH OF JAVA. 8,8.-53$
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION
WPN THE MMNSOMXROUGH THROUGHOUT THE AREA. VERTICAL WINDSHENFBH
ACROSS THE AREA APPDCFBLLOW-MODERATE AND OUTFLOW ALOFTHVMNIJIP88>(L
MAXIMUM SUSTAINZD WINDS NFOLESTIMATED AT 20 TM 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA

LEVEL PRESSURE IS MIVICXBLTOIBMM04MVK630OOTMOIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPVENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAT CYCLONE WITHINPPR VOURL IS
FAIJ.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY ASSOCIATED WITH TC 15S
(DAMIEN-BIRENDA) PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11S2 67E3 IS NOW NEAR 11S2

68EKMPTHE LOW-LEVEL WINDFIELD HASPREMAINED MOSTLY INTACT WITH THIS
SYSTEO AND SOME CONVECTION OCASSIONALLY FLARES UP. ANIMATED INFRAREGL

SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGESTS DECREASING ORGANIZATION OF THTHBQICOV.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTICGFBNML20 TO 25 KNOTS. MWNIVUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIXICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN .6GMMMZFAIR;7.$-
0    (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TENKAPPARSONS/MORRIS/BALDINGER/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.