

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA21526
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:28:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA24614
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:29:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA13209
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:26:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA13250;
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:08:53 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13627677 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:08:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA16310 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:08:51 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id TAA07216 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:08:51 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:08:51 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 05b Warning Nr 013
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 2c44aa648637b5015b7c89eb420239d9

705
WTIO31 PGTW 010300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B WARNING NR 013
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
010000Z1 --- NEAR 18.8N7 85.6E9
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 225 DEGREES AT 04 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 18.8N7 85.6E9
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
011200Z4 --- 18.6N5 84.8E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
010300Z4 POSITION NEAR 18.8N7 85.4E7.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 05B HAS CONTINUED TO DRIFT SLOWLY
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A SMALL AREA OF NEW DEEP
CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR THE SYSTEM CENTER DURING THE
PAST 03 HOURS DESPITE WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. ANALYSIS
OF 010000Z1 SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES RISING SEA LEVEL PRESSURES IN
THIS REGION. UW-CIMSS WIND SHEAR CHARTS INDICATE MODERATE TO SEVERE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR JUST NORTH OF THE SYSTEM CENTER. THE WARNING
POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON INFRARED SATELLITE INTENSITY
ESTIMATES OF T2.0 (30 KNOTS). TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B IS FORECAST TO
TRACK SLOWLY SOUTHWESTWARD UNDER THE ENVIRONMENTAL STEERING
INFLUENCE OF A MID-LEVEL RIDGE TO THE NORTHWEST. TC 05B IS EXPECTED
TO CONTINUE TO WEAKEN DUE TO VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND ADVECTION OF
DRY AIR FROM THE INDIAN SUBCONTINENT, DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE AFTER 12 HOURS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT
010000Z1 IS 9 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 RJTX FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT
INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT
TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN/JTWC). THE SYSTEM WILL BE
CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.