

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA15338
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 4 Dec 1999 02:37:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA08531
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 4 Dec 1999 02:38:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA27462
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 4 Dec 1999 02:35:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA05446;
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:00:57 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13930795 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:00:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA44824 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:00:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA21882
for [email-masked]; Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:00:25 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:00:25 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: c9d28e12e908fb6a45ae362403ab7aaa

566
ABIO10 PGTW 031800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/031800Z/041800Z DEC 99//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/030021Z DEC 99//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.7N0
58.2E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.8N0 54.8E7, APPROXIMATELY 210 NM
EAST OF THE HORN OF SOMALIA AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE

FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF A). ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER WITH
ASSOCIATED CONVECTION DISPLACED TO THE NORTH. SYNOPTIC DATA
INDICATES A LLCC EMBEDDED IN A TROUGH WITH NORTHEASTERLY PRESSURE
GRADIENT WINDS OF 25 TO 30 KNOTS TO THE NORTHWEST. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED

WINDS NEAR THE LLCC ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1010 MB. SEE REF A (WTIO21 PGTW
030030) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/COUTURE/THOMAS/NEAULT/DAWSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.