

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA26766;
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:22:36 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11407517 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:22:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA26740 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:22:33 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id NAA24359 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:22:33 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:22:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Immediate Delivery Req To Amconsul Calcutta And
Amembassy Dhaka
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

563
WTIO31 PGTW 041900
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B WACNING NR 006
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDSBASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
WARNING POSITION:
041800Z3 ----NEAR 12.0N3 84.0E2
MOVEMENT PWST SIX HOURS - 360 DEGREES AT 02 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 12.0N3 84.0E2
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
050600Z1 --- 12.5N8 83.9E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVR AATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 320 DEG/ 03 KTS
051800Z4 --- 13.0N4 83.5E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, <7-5- 035 KT
WH  DISSIPATED AS A SIG
NIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REOARKS:
062100Z7 POSITION NEAR 12.1N4 84.0E2.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B CONTINUES TO DRIFT SLOWLX NORTHWARD IN THE
BAY OF BENGAL. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES STRONG
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR HAS DISSIPATED ALL DEEP CONVECTION NEAR THE
SYSTEM CENTER DURING THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND
INTENSITY ARE BASED ON A INFRARED SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF
30 KNOTS. TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B IS FORECAST TO DRIFT NORTHWARD AND
D SSIPATE BY 48 HOURS DUE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 041800Z3 IS 13 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBO
HI).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.