

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id SAA37708;
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 18:27:22 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12235954 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 11 Apr 1999 18:27:21 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id SAA29744 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Apr 1999 18:27:18 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id SAA15320 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 11 Apr 1999 18:27:17 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 11 Apr 1999 18:27:17 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: O

999
ABIO10 PGTW 112300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/112300Z/121800Z APR 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER HAS SPUN OUT OF
THE TROUGHING AREA SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA AND IS CURRENTLY LOCATED
NEAR 13S4 70E7. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES AN
EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER WITH CONVECTION DEVELOPING OVER
IT FOR THE PAST 4 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15
TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 85.2E5
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA OVER THE PAST 5
HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A DECREASING AREA
OF CONVECTION. IN ADDITION, THE 111800Z1 SURFACE ANALYSIS INDICATES
A BROAD TROUGH OR WEAK CIRCULATION CENTER BENEATH THE CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADD AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/LAFRAMBOISE/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.