

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA21903
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 13 Dec 1999 01:10:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA08342
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 13 Dec 1999 01:11:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA18363
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 13 Dec 1999 01:08:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA35742;
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 10:53:30 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13999352 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 12 Dec 1999 10:53:29 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA32308 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 Dec 1999 10:52:16 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id KAA07580
for [email-masked]; Sun, 12 Dec 1999 10:51:55 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 12 Dec 1999 10:51:55 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 238fb21093f25eea99c1c1d2b3d21bfd

379
ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800Z/131800Z DEC 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/112055 DEC 99/
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/120753 DEC 99/
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/120751 DEC 99/
NARR/REFS A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. REF B
AND C ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION NEAR 9.0N9 84.4E6 REMAINS THE
SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF A).
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1004 MB. SEE REF A (WTIO21 PGTW
112100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 120600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S (ILSA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
12.1S4 102.5E8 AND WAS TRACKING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 05 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE
REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 120900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) AT 120600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S (JOHN) WAS LOCATED NEAR
14.3S8 119.2E3 AND WAS TRACKING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 03 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 50 KNOTS GUSTING TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTXS32
PGTW 120900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.0S4
120.3E6 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING (WTXS32
PGTW 120900). SEE PARA.2.A.(2) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.