

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA26207
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 Dec 1999 02:16:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA25142
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 Dec 1999 02:17:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA02240
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 Dec 1999 02:13:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA55390;
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:53:34 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14006780 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:53:32 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA16132 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:49:06 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA19087
for [email-masked]; Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:48:44 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:48:44 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: e4053a559ccaf99ea2e1d5d2e03e4a1c

253
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z DEC 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/122055 DEC 99/
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/130753 DEC 99/
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/131351 DEC 99/
NARR/REFS A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
CANCELLATION./REF B AND C ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION NEAR 9.0N9 84.4E6 HAS WEAKENED
CONSIDERABLY AND IS NO LONGER THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION ALERT. SEE REF A (WTIO21 PGTW 122100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS NOW POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 130600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S (ILSA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
12.5S8 104.9E4 AND WAS TRACKING TOWARDS THE EAST AT 08 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE
REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 130900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) AT 131200Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S (JOHN) WAS LOCATED NEAR
17.2S0 118.2E2 AND WAS TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 90 KNOTS GUSTING TO 110 KNOTS. SEE REF
C (WTXS32 PGTW 131500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 21S3 40E4, IN THE
MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
PERSISTENT CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS WITH A MID-LEVEL
CIRCULATION. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS INDICATES POSSIBILITY OF A WEAK
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1009
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/THOMAS/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.