

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA25894;
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:54:18 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12079295 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:54:17 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA14870 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:54:14 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id LAA19285 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:54:14 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:54:14 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]

999
ABIO10 PGTW 311800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/311800Z MAR 99/011800Z APR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/311351 MAR 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCL0NE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 311200Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 31S (FREDERIC) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 17.6S4 91.7E7 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 8 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 140 KNOTS GUSTING TO 170 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 311500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 74E1
HAS DISSIPATED AND THE ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER HAS
BECOME LESS DEFINED OVER THE LAST 24 HOURS. THIS AREA IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7S7 54E9
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY DURING THE PAST 24 HOURS. SPORADIC
DEEP CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED OVER THIS REGION, BUT THERE HAS BEEN
LITTLE CHANGE IN THE OVERALL APPEARANCE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1007MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL
CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/NORDMAN/THOMAS/PARKER//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.