

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA22116;
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:29:01 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12192373 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:28:59 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA42518 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:28:57 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA03597 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:28:56 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:28:56 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

999
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z APR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/071953 APR 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCL0NE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE ELONGATED AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
5N5 85E3 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY. 081200Z1 SYNOPTIC DATA
INDICATES A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) MAY BE
DEVELOPING EAST OF SRI LANKA. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. ESTIMATED MEAN SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GWENDA) HAS DISSIPATED. SEE REF A
(WTXS32 PGTW 071500) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THE SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) A LLCC PREVIOUSLY ASSOCIATED WITH TC 31S (FREDERIC-
EVRINA) IS LOCATED NEAR 21S3 57E2.  ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES CONVECTION TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE LLCC. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1009 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 8S8 85E3.
ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND 081200Z1
SYNOPTIC DATA REVEAL NO INDICATIONS OF A LLCC. 081200Z1 200 MB CHART
INDICATES WEAK DIVERGENCE ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/ROBERTS/MORRIS/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.