

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id UAA14998;
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:52:59 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12163306 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:52:53 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id UAA43878 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:52:51 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id UAA03681 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:52:51 -0500 (CDT)
Date:	Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:52:51 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

999
WTXS31 PGTW 070300
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 31S (FREDERIC-EVRINA) WARNING NR 028
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
070000Z7 --- NEAR 19.2S2 64.3E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 255 DEGREES AT 11 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 19.2S2 64.3E3
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
071200Z0 --- 19.8S8 62.5E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 250 DEG/ 09 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
080000Z8 --- 20.4S6 60.6E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
070300Z0 POSITION NEAR 19.3S3 63.8E7.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 31S (FREDERIC-EVRINA) HAS TRACKED WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD
AT 11 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND
INTENSITY ARE BASED UPON 062330Z4 ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
WITH CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 KNOTS. SATELLITE ANALYSIS
INDICATES THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS BEGINNING TO ELONGATE AS TC
31S CONTINUES TO WEAKEN VERY SLOWLY AS IT TRACKS WESTWARD UNDER THE
STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO ITS SOUTH. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 31S IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE OVER WATER WITHIN 24 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 070000Z IS 10 FEET. THIS IS THE
FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE  32S
(GWENDA) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR SIX-HOURLY UPDATES.//
BT
#0028

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.