

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA15070;
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:11:11 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12635739 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:11:01 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA32192 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:11:00 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA21885 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:10:59 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:10:59 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

427
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z JUN 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY CENTERED NEAR 6S6 89E7
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 6.5S1 85E3, SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA. AMIMATED
VISIBLE AND ENHANCED INFRARED IMAGERY REVEAL A DIFFUSE AREA WITH
ISOLATED DEEP CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS MID-UPPER LEVEL WATER VAPOR WIND
CHART SHOWS DIVERGENCE OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/GLASS/THOMAS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.