

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id BAA33346;
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:39:11 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11121324 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:39:10 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id BAA33588 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:39:09 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id BAA15352
for [email-masked]; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:38:57 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:38:57 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Bms Marine Le 17/01/99 A 0600 Utc
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>

999
WTIO21 FMEE 170600
METEO FRANCE / CENTRE DES CYCLONES TROPICAUX DE LA REUNION
BMS MARINE LE 17/01/99 A 0600 UTC
NUMERO                : 12/A
VITESSE DU VENT EN NOEUDS (KT)
AVIS DE COUP DE VENT
DEBUT DE VALIDITE     : DIMANCHE 17/01/99 A 0600 UTC
PHENOMENE             : TEMPETE TROPICALE MODEREE ALDA  993 HPA
POSITION              : DANS UN RAYON DE 30 MN AUTOUR DU POINT
24.0S/38.7E (VINGT QUATRE DEGRES ZERO SUD ET TRENTE HUIT
DEGRES SEPT EST) A 0600 UTC
DEPLACEMENT           : SUD-OUEST  10 KT
ZONES MENACEES        : TEMPS A GRAINS DANS UN RAYON DE 40 MN
AUTOUR DU CENTRE S'ETENDANT LOCALEMENT JUSQU'A 200 MN DANS LE
QUADRANT SUD-EST ET JUSQU'A 350 MN DANS LE QUADRANT NORD-EST.

COUP DE VENT 35 KT ET MER FORTE A TRES FORTE PRES DU CENTRE.
GRAND FRAIS 30 KT AVEC  MER FORTE DANS UN RAYON DE 25 MN
AUTOUR DU CENTRE ET JUSQU'A 180 MN DANS LE QUADRANT SUD-EST.

POSITION PREVUE LE 17/01/99 A 1800 UTC: 25.3 SUD / 38.0 EST
INTENSITE STATIONNAIRE.
INDICATIONS COMPLEMENTAIRES :
LE SYSTEME TEND A SE CISAILLER. EXTENSION DU GRAND FRAIS DANS LE
QUADRANT SUD-EST EN RAISON DU GRADIENT DE PRESSION AVEC LA
DORSALE SITUIE AU SUD-EST.

MTORE 916797RE
WTIO24 FMEE 170600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 12/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 17/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM ALDA  993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.0S/38.7E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT
DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 350 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN
QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25
NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
QUADRANT.

FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/99 AT 1800 UTC: 25.3 SOUTH / 38.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM GETS TO BECOME SHEARED. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
EXTENSION IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT GENERATED BY THE
GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE RIDGE SITUATED IN THE
SOUTH-EAST.

+
MTORE 916797RE=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.