

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id NAA05140;
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:08:49 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11407297 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:08:48 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA40444 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:08:44 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id NAA23833 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:08:44 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:08:44 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Immediate Delivery Req To Amconsul Calcutta And
Amembassy Dhaka
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

218
WTIO31 PGTW 042100
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B WARNING NR 006
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
041800Z3 --- NEAR 12.0N3 84.0E2
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 360 DEGREES AT 02 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 12.0N3 84.0E2
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
050600Z1 --- 12.5N8 83.9E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 320 DEG/ 03 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
051800Z4 --- 13.0N4 83.5E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
042100Z7 POSITION NEAR 12.1N4 84.0E2.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B CONTINUES TO DRIFT SLOWLY NORTHWARD IN THE
BAY OF BENGAL. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES STRONG
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR HAS DISSIPATED ALL DEEP CONVECTION NEAR THE
SYSTEM CENTER DURING THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND
INTENSITY ARE BASED ON A INFRARED SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF
30 KNOTS. TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B IS FORECAST TO DRIFT NORTHWARD AND
DISSIPATE BY 48 HOURS DUE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 041800Z3 IS 13 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.