

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id MAA06870;
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 12:41:53 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11893470 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 7 Mar 1999 12:41:51 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id MAA06848 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 7 Mar 1999 12:41:50 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA22824 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 7 Mar 1999 12:41:49 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 7 Mar 1999 12:41:49 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

999
ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/061800Z/071800Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/060753 MAR 99//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/061351 MAR 99//
NARR/REF A AND REF B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4N4 87E5
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 6N6 85E3 IN THE SOUTHERN BAY OF BENGAL.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES SOME DEEP CONVECTION,
BUT NO LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). 071200Z0 SYNOPTIC
OBSERVATIONS INDICATE A BROAD LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC ROTATION. MAXIMUM
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED AT 1004MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 070600Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 25S (DAVINA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 16.5S2 73.0E0 AND WAS TRACKING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 15 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 105 KNOTS GUSTING TO 130
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 070900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 071200Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S WAS LOCATED NEAR 13.4S8
97.2E8 AND WAS TRACKING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE
REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 071500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/ROBERTS/MORRIS/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.