

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA06814
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:26:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA17231
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:27:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA13258
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:23:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA48080;
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:09:13 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14078838 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:09:12 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA16504 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:08:47 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id VAA26804
for [email-masked]; Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:08:18 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:08:18 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: O
X-Status:
X-Keywords:
X-UID: 32
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: c21995e2bbe2186b0e1787208f972a1b

122
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z DEC 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 8.0S8 77.0E4,
ABOUT 270 NM EAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS INCREASED ORGANIZATION OF THE CONVECTION OVER
THE PAST 12 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
HAS DEVELOPED WITHIN A NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. UW-CIMSS CHARTS
SHOW THAT THE AREA IS WITHIN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/LAFRAMBOISE/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.