

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA20902;
Mon, 3 May 1999 13:03:58 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12478677 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 3 May 1999 13:03:39 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA19512 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 3 May 1999 13:03:08 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id NAA08478 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 3 May 1999 13:03:07 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Mon, 3 May 1999 13:03:07 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 031800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/031800Z/041800Z MAY 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.4S8
90.6E5, SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA, HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY.
ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A
DISORGANIZED AREA OF CONVECTION. HOWEVER, SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES
THIS CONVECTION LIES WITHIN THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH AND SUGGESTS
A WEAK SURFACE CIRCULATION. MAXIMUM WINDS ARE ESTIMATED NEAR 10 TO
15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) A BROAD AREA OF CONVECTION IS CENTERED NEAR 3S3 63E9 AND
HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES THIS CONVECTION IS LOCATED IN THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH,
AND SYNOPTIC DATA SUGGESTS A WEAK SURFACE CIRCULATION MAY BE FORMING.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO FURTHER AREAS.
3. INFORMATION FOR OUR CUSTOMERS: AS OF 01 MAY, 1999, CERTAIN
CHANGES TOOK PLACE IN THE MANOP HEADERS USED BY THE NAVAL PACIFIC
METEOROLOGY AND OCEANOGRAPHIC CENTER FOR CENTRAL PACIFIC AND EASTERN
PACIFIC PRODUCTS. ALTHOUGH NONE OF THESE WILL AFFECT JTWC PRODUCTS
DIRECTLY, CUSTOMERS WHO EMPLOY LOCALLY GENERATED AUTOMATIC PARSING
ROUTINES SHOULD NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING HEADERS WILL BE SIMILAR TO
JTWC HEADERS:
WHPN 21-25 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPN 21-25 PHNC
WHPN 31-35 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPN 31-35 PHNC
WHPS 21-25 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPS 21-25 PHNC
WHPS 31-35 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPS 31-35 PHNC
PLEASE TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION TO UPDATE YOUR PROGRAMS, IF REQUIRED.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/LAFRAMBOISE/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.