

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id UAA11462;
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:13:21 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 11935335 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:13:12 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id UAA44070 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:12:00 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id UAA07837 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:12:00 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:12:00 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 28s (elaine) Warning Nr 007
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

999
WTXS32 PGTW 190300
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 28S (ELAINE) WARNING NR 007
03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
190000Z0 --- NEAR 23.1S6 111.2E5
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 190 DEGREES AT 14 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 065 NM SOUTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
055 NM ELSEWHERE
REPEAT POSIT: NEAR 23.1S6 111.2E5
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
191200Z3 --- 25.2S9 110.5E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 065 NM SOUTHEAST SEMICIRCLE
055 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 210 DEG/ 07 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
200000Z2 --- 26.5S3 109.7E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 250 DEG/ 07 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
201200Z5 --- 26.9S7 108.3E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
190300Z3 POSITION NEAR 23.6S1 111.0E3.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 28S (ELAINE) HAS TRACKED SOUTHWARD AT 14 KNOTS OFF
THE NORTHWEST COAST OF AUSTRALIA OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING
POSITION IS BASED UPON 182230Z6 ANIMATED INFRARED AND VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED UPON SATELLITE
CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 45 KNOTS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS TC 28S IS ELONGATING AND DISSIPATING RAPIDLY AS IT
APPROACHES THE AUSTRALIAN COAST. THE FORECAST TRACK PHILOSOPHY HAS
CHANGED IN LINE WITH THE SHEARED SYSTEM SCENARIO. THE LOW LEVEL
ASSOCIATED WITH TC 28S IS BEING SHEARED AWAY FROM THE DEEP CONVECTION
AND IS TRACKING MORE WEST OF THE CONVECTION. HENCE, TC 28S IS
FORECAST TO TRACK MORE WESTWARD AS THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION BEGINS
TO BE STEERED WITHIN THE LOW LEVEL ENVIRONMENT. TROPICAL CYCLONE 28S
SHOULD CONTINUE TO RAPIDLY DISSIPATE OVER WATER AS IT TRACKS WESTWARD
IN THE HIGH SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT
190000Z0 IS 16 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 190900Z9 (DTG 190753Z5),
191500Z6 (DTG 191353Z2), 192100Z3 (DTG 191953Z8) AND 200300Z5
(DTG 200153Z1). REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S WARNINGS (WTXS33 PGTW)
FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 30S (VANCE)
WARNINGS (WTXS34 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//
BT
#0007

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.