

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id GAA40594;
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 06:48:56 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8b) with spool id 11345620 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 06:48:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id GAA34436 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 06:48:54 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id GAA20381 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 1 Feb 1999 06:48:54 -0600 (CST)
Date:	Mon, 1 Feb 1999 06:48:54 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To:	Multiple recipients of list WX-TROPL <[email-masked]>
Status: U

332
WTIO20 FMEE 011200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 6/C
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 01/02/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION CHIKITA  996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.4S/77.4E
(NINETEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN
DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  16 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS UP TO 180 NM IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25 NM RADIUS OF
CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SECTOR. GALE FORCE WINDS WITH ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN ITS SOUTHERN SECTOR.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/99 AT 0000 UTC: 19.7 SOUTH / 73.5 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM IS STILL WEAKENING, BUT REMAINS ASYMMETRIC WITH WINDS
STILL STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE SPEED OF
MOVEMENT AND TO THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE HIGH IN THE
SOUTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.