

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA12135
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 2 Oct 1999 02:30:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA17223
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 2 Oct 1999 02:30:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA09780
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 2 Oct 1999 02:27:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA14806;
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:03:25 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13526829 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:03:24 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA56478 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:02:31 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id NAA19503 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:02:30 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:02:30 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 2a9389d70f0798bc4d6d14ed9ae6d3c7

807
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.2N1
67E3, IN THE NORTHERN ARABIAN SEA, HAS REMAINED DISORGANIZED AND IN
A HIGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. THE AREA IS, THEREFORE, NO
LONGER SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7S7 60E6,
SOUTHEAST OF THE SEYCHELLES, HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY. ANIMATED
INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES WEAKENING CONVECTION OVER THE AREA WITH
MODERATE VERTICAL SHEAR ACROSS THE REGION. PREVIOUS ANIMATED
SATELLITE VISIBLE IMAGERY HAD DEPICTED, HOWEVER, A WEAK LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION TO THE EAST OF THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED
TO POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/JEDLICK/MAYER/JACKSON/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.