

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA28931
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 24 Oct 1999 01:58:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA05240
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 24 Oct 1999 01:58:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA27222
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 24 Oct 1999 01:55:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA03490;
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:40:44 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13541865 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:40:43 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA46460 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:40:09 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id MAA17113 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:40:08 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:40:08 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 3cbaade57ce31a1a6f3ef599f98b0afb

934
ABIO10 PGTW 231800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/231800Z/241800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 74E1 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.4S3 72E9, SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA. A RECENT SPECIAL
SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICTS A TIGHTLY WRAPPED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER WITH ISOLATED CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS
ALSO DEPICTS A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MODERATE VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR AND FAIR UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE HAVE HINDERED DEVELOPMENT.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/JOHNSON/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.