

by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA37886;
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 11:39:32 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 12040995 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 28 Mar 1999 11:39:12 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id LAA44988 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 28 Mar 1999 11:39:10 -0600
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id LAA26767 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 28 Mar 1999 11:39:09 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date:	Sun, 28 Mar 1999 11:39:09 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products <[email-masked]>
From:	SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To:	[email-masked]
Status: U

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 281800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/281800Z/291800Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/281351 MAR 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCL0NE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 281200Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 31S WAS LOCATED NEAR 15.6S2
106.8E5 AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 281500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13S4 47E1
OFF THE NORTHEAST MOZAMBIQUE COAST HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 68E4
HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
(3) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA
NEAR 10S1 73E0 AND HAS PERSISTED FOR 12 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE AREA OF CONVECTION HAS
LITTLE AREAL EXTENT, BUT MAY BE FORMING A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
BENEATH THE CONVECTION. INDEED, THE 281200Z3 SURFACE ANALYSIS
CONFIRMS A TROUGH OR A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS PRESENT BENEATH
THE CONVECTION. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007
MB. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/THOMAS/PARKER/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.