

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA28617
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:53:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA25222
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:53:41 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA27906
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:50:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA15350;
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:30:31 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 13563085 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:30:30 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA39914 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:30:29 -0500
Received: by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.2/8.9.2) id OAA15901 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:30:28 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:30:28 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Formation Of A Significant Tropical Cyclone Is
Possible Within
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: e8f014716bb84264c2deb7cb359e5a21

652
WTIO21 PGTW 251930
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
175 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 12.2N5 96.8E3 TO 16.9N6 90.7E6
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 251730Z8 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 12.9N2 95.9E3.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING NORTHWESTWARD
AT 11 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS: ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS CONVECTION
CONTINUING TO ORGANIZE AROUND A DEVELOPING LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC). ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATES GOOD OUTFLOW
ALOFT WITH WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ACROSS THE REGION. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1000 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS NOW UPGRADED TO GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 261930Z1.//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.