

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA22263
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:31:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA27212
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:32:40 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA27583
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:28:41 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA56506;
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:14:56 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14172976 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:14:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA34154 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:09:37 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id AAA22129
for [email-masked]; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:09:28 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:09:28 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 1b61f00f2343ff3058acc416dfe19d3f

658
WTIO20 FMEE 100600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 029/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 10/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
954 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.6S/67.2E
(TWENTY DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL TWO
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM
IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 22.7 SOUTH/62.2 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 25.0 SOUTH/67.9 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS NOW SOUTHWARD AND
SHOULD PROGRESSIVELY WEAKEN, DUE TO A STRONG NORTHWESTERLY
SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.