

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA07285
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 2 Apr 2000 01:19:17 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA15074
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 2 Apr 2000 01:14:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA49900;
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:50:52 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14580444 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:50:51 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA31586 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:49:49 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id KAA23131
for [email-masked]; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:49:18 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:49:18 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000005ed

601
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z APR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/011351Z APR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.0N4
83.6E7 HAS MOVED OVER LAND AND DISSIPATED. THIS AREA IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 011200Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S (HUDAH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.6S3 56.9E0, ABOUT 400 NM EAST OF ANTANAMBE, MADAGASCAR AND WAS
MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 13 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 125 KNOTS GUSTING TO 150 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW
011500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.0S9
78.5E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.0S9 76.0E3, APPROXIMATELY 230 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS WEAKENING CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA
INDICATES A BROAD, WEAK, LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)
EMBEDDED WITHIN THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BRANDON/WHITCOMB//