

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id HAA17260
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 07:01:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA12068
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 06:56:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA18702;
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:37:39 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14495157 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:37:38 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA68916 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:03:09 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA01302
for [email-masked]; Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:02:41 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:02:41 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000457

671
ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/271800Z/281800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/270751Z MAR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.0N7
91.5E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.0N8 90.0E9, APPROXIMATELY 270 NM
SOUTHWEST OF THE ANDAMAN ISLANDS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND A 271154Z0 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS
DEPICT DISORGANIZED CONVECTION WHICH HAS INCREASED IN AREAL EXTENT
OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE
BENEATH THE CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ANALYSIS
INDICATES WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 270600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S (HUDAH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
14.6S1 81.5E4, IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD
AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 80 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 100 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 270900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/HERRON/WHITCOMB/CUTMAN//