

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA00831
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 24 Apr 2000 01:43:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA11502
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 24 Apr 2000 01:37:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA54234;
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 12:23:26 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14863755 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 23 Apr 2000 12:23:25 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA15814 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 23 Apr 2000 12:23:24 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA05146
for [email-masked]; Sun, 23 Apr 2000 12:22:33 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 23 Apr 2000 12:22:33 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400001080

585
ABIO10 PGTW 231800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/231800Z/241800Z APR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7
62.7E5, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.7S2 58.1E4 NORTH OF MAURITIUS.
ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY CONTINUES TO DEPICT THE REMNANTS OF
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (INNOCENTE) AS AN EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC). THE LLCC CONTINUES TO REMAIN IN AN UNFAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.1S8
88.7E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.0S6 84.0E2 AND IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE
REMNANT LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER OF TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (PAUL).
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS AN AREA OF CONVECTION TO THE
SOUTHEAST OF A WELL-DEFINED LLCC. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS DEPICTS WEAK TO
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA WITH THE CONVECTION BEING
SHEARED FROM THE NORTHWEST. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR
1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/NEAULT/MORRIS//