

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA27699
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Feb 2000 02:04:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA07758
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Feb 2000 02:03:19 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA05726
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Feb 2000 01:58:45 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA46888;
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:31:07 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14352191 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:31:06 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA16496 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:29:16 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA29654
for [email-masked]; Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:28:32 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:28:32 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 8dc6c0c1ba6fd8a1719bb110d224750d

028
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/161800Z/171800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/161351Z FEB 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/160451Z FEB 00//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 161200Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON-ELINE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20.5N7 52.1E8, AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 161500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.2S8
102.0E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.5S1 102.0E3 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF B). ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS THAT CONVECTION IS BEING SHEARED TO THE SOUTHWEST OF
A FULLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER WITHIN THE MONSOON
TROUGH. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS DEPICTS MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER
THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1003 MB. SEE REF B
(WTXS22 PGTW 160500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS NOW GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/BALDINGER/DAWSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.