

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA07341
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 27 Jan 2000 02:20:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA03313
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 27 Jan 2000 02:18:37 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA26462
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 27 Jan 2000 02:14:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA10776;
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:52:07 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14321930 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:52:06 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA25058 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:51:31 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA22644
for [email-masked]; Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:51:07 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:51:07 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: O
X-Status:
X-Keywords:
X-UID: 39
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: c1faec8e6b01d496d3c1227d8ac1c476

186
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/261353Z JAN 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 261200Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (CONNIE) WAS LOCATED AT
14.5S0 55.5E5 AND MOVING NORTHWARD AT 01 KNOT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW
261500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.2S8
56.5E6 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.4S7
106.0E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.5S1 111.0E3, SOUTHEAST OF CHRISTMAS
ISLAND. A RECENT SCATTEROMETER IMAGE INDICATED A DEFINED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. ANIMATED
INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATED PERSISTENT CONVECTION DISPLACED TO THE
WEST OF THE LLCC DUE TO MODERATE SHEAR ACROSS THE REGION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 22.0S4
38.0E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 22.5S9 38.0E1 IN THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL.
ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE WEAK
CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION. UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS SHOWS MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/BRANDON/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.