

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAAHxLq26525
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 11 Nov 2000 01:59:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAAHwRn15817
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 11 Nov 2000 01:58:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAAHcrE35774;
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:38:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 16994769 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:38:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAAHcoE29354
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:38:51
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA25592
for [email-masked]; Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:37:43 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:37:43 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000aa09

713
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.4N8 72.6E5
IN THE ARABIAN SEA HAS DISSIPATED AND THEREFORE, NO LONGER SUSPECT
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN NEXT 24
HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.4S3
85.6E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.7S5 82.1E2, APPROXIMATELY 577 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. VISIBLE AND INFRARED ANIMATION DEPICTS
CYCLING CONVECTION OVER THE PERIPHERY OF THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER. 200 MB ANAL INDICATES AN UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT OVER THE
REGION. IMPROVED ORGANIZATION IS FORECAST AS THE SYSTEM TRACKS WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD BENEATH THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS
FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WHITCOMB/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//