

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id XAA11143
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:26:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id XAA13896
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:21:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA27044;
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:43:44 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14462773 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:43:43 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA66556 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:41:44 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id IAA24521
for [email-masked]; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:41:22 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:41:22 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: The Southwest  Indian Ocean
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000037d

743
WTIO20 FMEE 231235
BULLETIN FOR CYCLONIC ACTIVITY AND SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER IN
THE SOUTHWEST  INDIAN OCEAN

DATE:  00/03/23 AT 1200 UTC

PART 1 :
WARNING SUMMARY : NIL.

PART 2 :
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION  :

THE ITCZ IS POORLY ACTIVE, WITH A VERY WEAK TO INEXISTANT
CONVECTION, AT THE ENCOUNTER OF A REGULAR AND MODERATE TRADE WINDS
FLOW AND A VERY WEAK MONSOON FLOW.

HOWEVER, WE CAN SEE :
1. THE PERSISTENCE OF AN AREA OF FLUCTUATING CONVECTION IN THE
NORTH OF THE MOZAMBIC CHANNEL.  SEA LEVEL PRESSURES ARE QUITE HIGH
AND NO CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION EXISTS.
2. THE RESIDUAL CIRCULATION OF OLGA IS STILL VISIBLE NEAR
23.3S/83.7E AT 12 UTC. ASSOCIATED WINDS ARE AROUND 10KT NEAR THE
CENTRE, REACHING 20/25KT IN THE SOUTH WITH GRADIENT.
3. TWOVERY CLOSE CLOCKWISE CIRCULATIONS CAN BE DEPICTED ON
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND ON QUIKSCAT WINDS, SITUATED NEAR 13S/80E AND
14.9S/77.2E AT 12H UTC, WITH ASSOCIATED WINDS OF 10/15 KT.
CONVECTION AS RECENTLY ORGANISED ON THOSE MINIMUM.
4. A SYSTEM IS ORGANISING BY 16S/98E. IT TRACKS WESTWARD. SOME NWP
MODELS DEVELOPP IT AT SHORT RANGE AND MAKE IT REACH OUR AREA ON
WEEK-END.

NWP MODELS DO NOT DEVELOP ANY OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL LOW.

FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS, POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A TROPICAL
DEPRESSION REMAINS POOR.