

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA23557
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:51:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA00874
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:46:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA19548;
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:25:42 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14526822 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:25:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA49988 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:25:34 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id AAA12531
for [email-masked]; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:25:06 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:25:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000004c7

024
WTIO20 FMEE 290600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 29/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
948 HPA
POSITION             : 16.4S/72.6E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/70.3 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/68.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE
RAPID WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOVEMENT.=