

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA10074
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 03:12:05 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA03546
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 03:06:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA16196;
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:15:06 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14488072 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:15:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA09188 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 18:05:50 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id SAA09680
for [email-masked]; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 18:05:25 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 25 Mar 2000 18:05:25 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000421

373
WTIO20 FMEE 260000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 26/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.0S/86.5E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/84.3 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/81.9 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE
ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.

THE SYSTEM HAS LIGHTLY WEAKENED DURING THE LAST HOURS.=