

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA06244
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:49:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA24975
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:46:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA03684
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:42:09 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA35188;
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:21:37 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14595219 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:21:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA37210 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:21:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id SAA06502
for [email-masked]; Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:21:24 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:21:24 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 3cb0845879eef8d417547e4590c60d95

254
WTIO20 FMEE 070000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 07/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  NORMAN 963 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.5S/92.0E
(TWENTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY TWO DECIMAL
ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
90 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 23.8 SOUTH/91.6 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 25.3 SOUTH/91.5 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GENERATE VERY LOCALLY NEAR
GALE FORCE WINDS ON THE MERIDIAN 90 EAST BETWEEN 22S AND 24S.
IT SHOULD TRACKS MORE SOUTHWARD WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. DUE
TO THE THALWEG ON THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.