

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA20911
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Mar 2000 03:39:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA16252
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Mar 2000 03:36:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA19592
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Mar 2000 03:31:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA61008;
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:11:43 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14589183 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:11:42 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA36162 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:11:41 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id NAA29214
for [email-masked]; Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:11:32 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:11:32 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: abd9dbbd39ab5cdf2cb870100bbfff15

113
WTIO20 FMEE 061800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 06/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  NORMAN 960 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.9S/92.3E
(TWENTY ONE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY TWO DECIMAL
THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 10 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
90 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 22.9 SOUTH/92.2 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 24.1 SOUTH/92.0 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GENERATE VERY LOCALLY NEAR
GALE FORCE WINDS CLOSE WEST OF 90 EAST BETWEEN 22S AND 24S.
IT SHOULD TRACKS MORE SOUTHWARD, THEN SOURTHSOUTHEASTWARD
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. DUE TO THE THALWEG ON THE SOUTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.