

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA29979
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:49:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA21537
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:47:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA14155
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:43:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id WAA13086;
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:25:19 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14368798 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:25:18 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id WAA03084 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:25:16 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id WAA05189
for [email-masked]; Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:24:47 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:24:47 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: ad47d6d6d05c692f5044c1d4d8e0f5b2

433
ABIO10 PGTW 310500
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/310500Z/311800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/301953Z JAN 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/301955Z JAN 00//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 301800Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (CONNIE) WAS LOCATED AT
25.2S9 50.2E7, AND MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 60 KNOTS GUSTING TO 75 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32
PGTW 302100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 301800Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE 09S (KIRRILY) WAS LOCATED AT
23.7S2 105.4E0, AND WAS MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 50 KNOTS GUSTING TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF B
(WTXS31 PGTW 302100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2
73.0E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.0S3 74.5E6, APPROXIMATELY 300 NM
SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES CONVECTION HAS BEGUN TO ORGANIZE AROUND A POSSIBLE LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A BROAD LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA. VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR OVER THE AREA REMAINS WEAK TO MODERATE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO
FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/PARKER/DAWSON/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.