

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA21857
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 6 Jun 2000 01:51:05 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA06513
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 6 Jun 2000 01:44:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e55HUaF18050;
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:30:36 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14933568 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:30:35 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e55HSiF17124
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:28:44 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA12315
for [email-masked]; Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:27:13 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:27:13 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000021c0

165
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z JUN 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.5N2
84.6E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.5N2 84.2E4 IN THE NORTHWESTERN BAY OF
BENGAL. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY CONTINUES TO INDICATE BROAD
CYCLONIC TURNING ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS
INDICATES THE CENTER OF THE BROAD CIRCULATION, EMBEDDED IN THE
MONSOON TROUGH, IS CURRENTLY MOVING OVER LAND IN WESTERN INDIA.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATE MODERATE
TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED NEAR 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED
TO POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.0S9
92.0E1, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.2S1 92.5E6 NORTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS PERSISTENT BUT
DISORGANIZED CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
OVER THE AREA. 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS FAIR UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENCE.
SYNOPTIC AND SCATTEROMETER DATA INDICATE A BROAD, WEAK CIRCULATION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/MAYER/TON//