

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA04036
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 3 Apr 2000 03:15:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA06056
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 3 Apr 2000 03:10:46 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA05426;
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 13:56:32 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14592441 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 2 Apr 2000 13:56:31 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA53028 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 2 Apr 2000 13:56:30 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id NAA01326
for [email-masked]; Sun, 2 Apr 2000 13:55:57 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 2 Apr 2000 13:55:57 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000637

361
WTIO20 FMEE 021800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 036/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 02/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : VERY INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )

905 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.0S/50.4E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL FOUR
DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM FROM THE
CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/120 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
WITHIN 30 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 110
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
150 NM RADIUS EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
SOUTH.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/48.4 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 03/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/46.2 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CYCLONE HUDAH IS LANDING ACTUALLY (AT
18 UTC) ON MADAGASCAR ISLAND, ON ANTALAHA.=