

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA24117
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 15 Mar 2000 02:16:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA07287
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 15 Mar 2000 02:11:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA52090;
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:50:05 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14359236 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:50:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA27128 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:49:07 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA15506
for [email-masked]; Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:48:53 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:48:53 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000135

535
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z MAR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.2S7
128.6E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.5S2 121.5E9, APPROXIMATELY 120 NM
WEST OF YAMPI SOUND, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS THAT THE CONVECTION HAS REDEVELOPED OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. A
141254Z7 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS SHOWS THAT
CONVECTION HAS REMAINED POORLY ORGANIZED. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS
INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS WITHIN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT UNDER THE
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS SUGGESTS A WEAK LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.