

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA02128
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 08:25:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA23004
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 08:27:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA08073
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 08:23:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA57154;
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:06:49 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14189795 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:06:48 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA49712 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:06:27 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id SAA26188
for [email-masked]; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:06:15 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:06:15 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 2d643045c0b4dfa1e62d269c26b6897b

507
WTIO20 FMEE 120000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 036/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.7S/69.4E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE
DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO TO 280 NM FROM THE
CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT REACHING LOCALLY 45 KT AND VERY ROUGH
TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 29.0 SOUTH/70.5 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 31.8 SOUTH/71.0 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL TRACKS SOUTHEASTWARD.
DUE TO THE NORTHWESTERLY SHEAR, IT CONTINUES TO WEAKEN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.