

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA04125
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:25:42 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA07201
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:18:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e7209ao12750;
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:09:36 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15645350 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:09:35 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e7209Wo30646
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:09:32 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id TAA13449
for [email-masked]; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:07:12 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:07:12 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400003aa0

778
WTIO20 FMEE 020000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 02/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 6.0S/76.9E
(SIX DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 180 NM IN THE
WESTERN SECTOR AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT FREQUENTLY REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 240 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 6.4 SOUTH/75.5 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 7.1 SOUTH/74.0 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE
TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.
CONVECTION FLUCTUATES, BUILDING AND DISAPPEARING NEAR THE CENTRE.
SHEARING HAS DECREASED,=