

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAGKFvc16176
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:15:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAGKEw520894
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:14:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAGJolE27244;
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:50:47 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 17085492 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:50:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAGJohE18772
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:50:43
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id NAA02585
for [email-masked]; Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:49:29 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:49:29 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000bc5f

378
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/161800Z/171800Z NOV 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/160721Z NOV 00//
AMPN/REF A IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.8S7
84.5E7 REMAINS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
(SEE REF A). THE AREA IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2 85.9E2,
APPROXIMATELY 775 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ENHANCED INFRARED
AND VISIBLE ANIMATION DEPICTS LITTLE CHANGE IN THE CONVECTIVE
STRUCTURE OF THE SYSTEM. A 161503Z6 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER
(SSM/I) PASS REVEALED DEEP CONVECTION DISPLACED TO THE SOUTHEAST OF
THE PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. A 161135Z7
QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATED STRONGER WINDS EQUATORWARD AND POLEWARD OF
THE CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO
25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1003
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
SEE REF A (WTXS21 PGTW 160730) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WILSON/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//