

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAKCKvr11985
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:20:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAKCJtx10016
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:19:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAKBnlE13292;
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 05:49:48 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 17131543 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 20 Nov 2000 05:49:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAKBnjE16092
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 20 Nov 2000 05:49:45
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id FAA23564
for [email-masked]; Mon, 20 Nov 2000 05:48:26 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 20 Nov 2000 05:48:26 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: The Southwest  Indian Ocean
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000c737

442
WTIO20 FMEE 201144
BULLETIN FOR CYCLONIC ACTIVITY AND SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER IN
THE SOUTHWEST  INDIAN OCEAN

DATE:  00/11/20 AT 1200 UTC

PART 1 :
WARNING SUMMARY : Nil

PART 2 :
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION  :

1 - The tropical disturbance nr2 has almost dissipated since
yesterday and convection has disappeared. A residual low level
centre is still visible, located near 15.6S/78.2E at 10h00 UTC =
its westsouthwestward movement has slowed down during last hours. A
Quikscat pass of 0h31 UTC confirms that winds have weakened : 10/15
kt near the centre, reaching locally 20/25 kt in the southern
semi-circle. Environment remains moderately northerly sheared. CEP
model still analyses this system but dissipates it at short range.

2 - A new area of convection has formed in the northnortheast of
this system during the last 12 hours, located north of 10S, between
75E and 90E. A Quikscat pass of this morning (0h31) shows a weak
clockwise circulation in the eastnortheast of the main convective
mass. INDOEX derived winds data show a moderate to strong
northeasterly wind shear over this area.

3 - In the Mozambique Channel, the monsoon flow is well established
and convection is organized in a convergence line. A low level
clockwise circulation can be observed around a low estimated 1006
hPa centred overland near 23S/35E at 06hUTC. Environment remains
moderately westerly sheared. NWP models do not develop this system.

For the next 24 hours, potential for development of a tropical
depression is poor.