

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA14761
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 5 Jun 2000 01:49:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA13507
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 5 Jun 2000 01:43:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e54HVOF23540;
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:31:24 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14925281 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:31:22 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e54HVKF19938
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:31:21 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA27176
for [email-masked]; Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:29:52 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:29:52 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000216a

890
ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z JUN 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.5N0
88.5E1 IS NOW CENTERED NEAR 16.5N2 86.5E9 IN THE CENTRAL BAY OF
BENGAL. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES SOME MID-
LEVEL CYCLONIC TURNING ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC
ANALYSIS INDICATES A BROAD AREA OF CIRCULATION EMBEDDED IN THE
MONSOON TROUGH. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE TO STRONG
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/PARKER/TON//
BT
#XXXX