

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA26997
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 16:19:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA25136
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 16:14:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA55064;
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:56:34 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14577586 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:56:33 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA56326 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:56:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id BAA20179
for [email-masked]; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:56:01 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:56:01 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000005cc

538
ABIO10 PGTW 010800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/010800Z/011800Z APR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/311351Z MAR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.0N4
84.1E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.0N4 83.6E7, APPROXIMATELY 195 NM EAST
OF THE CENTRAL ORISSA COAST OF INDIA. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED
IMAGERY DEPICT AN INCREASE IN AREAL COVERAGE OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.
SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE BENEATH THE
CONVECTION. 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS THAT THE SYSTEM IS UNDER THE
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 311200Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S (HUDAH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
17.0S8 61.8E5, ABOUT 190 NM NORTH-NORTHWEST OF PORT MATHURIN IN THE
SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 100 KNOTS GUSTING TO 125 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 311500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 9.0S9 78.5E0,
APPROXIMATELY 370 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED
INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICT PERSISTENT CONVECTION
OVER THE PAST 8 HOURS. A RECENT QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER PASS HINTS AT
A POSSIBLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) EMBEDDED WITHIN THE
MONSOON TROUGH. UW-CIMSS AND THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATE THAT THE
LLCC IS WITHIN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
JUSTIFICATION: RE-ISSUED TO ADD POOR AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1)
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/LAFRAMBOISE/TON//