

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA17149
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 May 2000 01:35:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA14312
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 May 2000 01:29:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA11380;
Thu, 4 May 2000 12:06:26 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15018936 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 May 2000 12:06:25 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA12394 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 4 May 2000 12:04:34 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA20028
for [email-masked]; Thu, 4 May 2000 12:03:32 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 4 May 2000 12:03:32 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400001288

050
ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z MAY 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 11.0S2 81.0E9
ABOUT 550 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND
INFRARED IMAGERY DEPICT RECENT DEVELOPMENT DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.
SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EMBEDDED
IN A NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE AREA IS
SITUATED SOUTH OF THE UPPER-LEVEL RIDGE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/HERRON/JACKSON/CUTMAN//