

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e9EHU4I02640
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 15 Oct 2000 01:30:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e9EHTMA06239
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 15 Oct 2000 01:29:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e9EH95E31078;
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 12:09:05 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 16586595 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 14 Oct 2000 12:09:03 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e9EH8nE33550
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 14 Oct 2000 12:08:49
-0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA06363
for [email-masked]; Sat, 14 Oct 2000 12:08:08 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 14 Oct 2000 12:08:08 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000598a

049
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z OCT 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.5N0
90.7E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.1N7 89.2E9, ABOUT 240 NM NORTHWEST OF
THE ANDAMAN ISLANDS OVER THE CENTRAL BAY OF BENGAL. ANIMATED VISIBLE
AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER WITH ASSOCIATED CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION. OUTFLOW
ALOFT SEEMS TO BE IMPROVING AS THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO MOVE
NORTHWESTWARD TOWARD THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS. A RECENT QUIKSCAT
PASS INDICATES THAT THE STRONGER SURFACE WINDS ARE LOCATED OVER THE
WESTERN QUADRANT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/WHITCOMB/CUTMAN//