

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA21441
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 20:43:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA23301
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 20:45:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA16468
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 20:41:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA05808;
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 06:26:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14166426 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 06:26:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA56480 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 06:26:52 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA18509
for [email-masked]; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 06:26:43 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 9 Jan 2000 06:26:43 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: a7fc1bd7fa2bd4d9c10daceb10478af5

472
WTIO20 FMEE 091200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 026/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 09/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
954 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.8S/67.9E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL
NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 200 MN IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 70/80 AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT, VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180
NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/65.8 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 21.5 SOUTH/64.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTTLY INTENSIFIED. IT
MOVES WESTSOUTHWESTWARD, BUT IT SHOULD TRACK MORE
SOUTHWESTWARD DURING THE NEXT 24H.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.