

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA14857
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:35:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA24839
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:30:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA53160;
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 06:14:41 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14650112 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 6 Apr 2000 06:14:40 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA45724 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 6 Apr 2000 06:14:39 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA15289
for [email-masked]; Thu, 6 Apr 2000 06:14:03 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 6 Apr 2000 06:14:03 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000085c

200
WTIO20 FMEE 060600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 050/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 06/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.9S/39.0E
(SEVENTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGRES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE DECIMAL
ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE.
STOHM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
MN RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
70 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM
IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.7 SOUTH/38.8 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 19.3 SOUTH/38.3 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED DURING THE
NIGHT.=