

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA22638
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 01:56:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA25221
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 01:51:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA45702;
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:34:55 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14476877 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:34:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA19052 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:34:44 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA21632
for [email-masked]; Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:34:13 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:34:13 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000003c0

225
ABIO10 PGTW 241800 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/241351Z MAR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
AT 241200Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S WAS LOCATED NEAR 15.3S9 93.1E3,
ABOUT 295 NM SOUTHWEST OF COCOS ISLAND AND WAS MOVING WEST AT 10
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO
40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 241500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7
95.1E5, SOUTH OF COCOS ISLAND, WHICH WAS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS21 PGTW 240030), IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF
A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 2.A. FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.5S8
80.7E5 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR CORRECTION: CHANGE 95.1E4 TO 95.1E5 IN PARA
2.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/NEAULT//