

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA24456
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:25:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA22296
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:20:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA48896;
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:05:29 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14737362 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:05:28 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA43758 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:05:26 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id TAA23610
for [email-masked]; Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:04:44 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:04:44 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000a8f

095
WTIO20 FMEE 130000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 13/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.5S/88.5E
(ELEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL
FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 150 MN IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/86.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 12.7 SOUTH/84.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS ARE LOCATED IN THE SOUTH OF
THE SYSTEM, DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT AND TO THE SPEED OF
THE SYSTEM. CONVECTION BECOMES BETTER ORGANIZED, BUT LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTRE REMAINS NOT EASY TO LOCATE ON THE
INFRARED IMAGERY.