

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA25645
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 02:02:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA18724
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 01:57:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA68776;
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:39:33 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14450591 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:39:32 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA47452 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:39:12 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA05273
for [email-masked]; Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:38:49 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:38:49 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000033c

486
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z MAR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7 102.0E3,
APPROXIMATELY 370 NM SOUTHEAST OF CHRISTMAS ISLAND IN THE SOUTH
INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN AREA OF
DISORGANIZED WEAK CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD CIRCULATION
EMBEDDED IN THE MONSOON TROUGH. UW-CIMSS ANAYLSIS REVEALS WEAK
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/LAFRAMBOISE/TON//