

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAFHoZp12793
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 16 Nov 2000 01:50:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAFHnbY19719
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 16 Nov 2000 01:49:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAFHJNE08894;
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:19:23 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 17066606 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:19:22 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAFHJJE29348
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:19:19
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA02479
for [email-masked]; Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:18:06 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:18:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000b905

829
ABIO10 PGTW 151800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/151800Z/161800Z NOV 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/150721Z NOV 00//
AMPN/REF A IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.1S2
82.9E9, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.8S7 84.5E7 EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO
GARCIA. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES DECREASE IN CONVECTION
OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. LATEST UPPER-LEVEL WIND ANALYSIS INDICATE
THE SYSTEM REMAINS IN AN AREA OF WEAK VERTICAL WIND. A RECENT
QUICKSCATT PASS INDICATES THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS BECOME
BETTER ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS.  SCATTEROMETER AND SURFACE
SYNOPTIC DATA SHOW NO GREATER THAN 25 KNOT WINDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE
AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD. THE AREA IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. SEE REF A (WTXS21 PGTW 150730) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: JEFFRIES/WHITCOMB/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//