

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e7QI9WN12816
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 27 Aug 2000 02:09:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e7QI2SX19165
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 27 Aug 2000 02:02:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e7QHpro33140;
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:51:53 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 16062681 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:51:52 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e7QHpPo31046
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:51:26
-0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA18895
for [email-masked]; Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:48:43 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:48:43 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400004500

683
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z AUG 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 20.3N5
70.0E7, IN THE NORTHEASTERN ARABIAN SEA, IS NOW CENTERED NEAR 20.4N6
62.6E4. ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
WEAKENING CONVECTION MOVING RAPIDLY TO THE WEST. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS
INDICATES MODERATE EASTERLY VERTICAL SHEAR OVER THE AREA. A RECENT
QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALS LINEAR SOUTHWESTERLY SURFACE WINDS ASSOCIATED
WITH THE CONVECTION CENTERED NEAR 62.6E4. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS AND A
261615Z1 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSMI) PASS SUGGEST AN
EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) IS LOCATED NEAR 21.0N3
69.0E7, APPROXIMATELY 360 NM EAST OF THE AREA OF CONVECTION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 996 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/PARKER/EDBERG//