

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eABJqDF10502
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 Nov 2000 03:52:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eABJpIM19718
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 Nov 2000 03:51:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eABJWpE32628;
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:32:51 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 17007276 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:32:49 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eABJVjE11544
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:31:45
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id NAA15251
for [email-masked]; Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:30:35 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:30:35 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000ad33

885
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z NOV 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110751Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.7S5
82.1E1 IS NOW LOCATED 11.2S4 79.7E3, APPROXIMATELY 480 NM
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF A). VISIBLE AND ENHANCED INFRARED ANIMATION
DEPICTS PERSISTENT, BUT, CYCLING CONVECTION DURING THE PAST 24
HOURS. 111200Z5 200 MB ANAL INDICATES SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS
EXTENDING OVER THE REGION. SEE (WTXS21 110800 PGTW) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS NOW GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WILSON/WHITCOMB/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//