

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA17625
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 05:06:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA07278
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 05:01:37 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA39684;
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:06:30 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14490844 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:06:28 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA41632 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:31:24 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA17567
for [email-masked]; Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:30:58 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:30:58 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000438

297
WTIO20 FMEE 261800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 26/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
974 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.6S/83.5E
(FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY THREE DECIMAL
FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/81.6 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 14.6 SOUTH/79.6 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE
ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH,
AND TO THE FAST MOVING WESTNORTHWESTWARDS.=