

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA19251
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 7 Jul 2000 20:15:45 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA27581
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 7 Jul 2000 20:09:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e67Bxio15508;
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 06:59:44 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15297967 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 7 Jul 2000 06:59:42 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e67Bxdo15478
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 7 Jul 2000 06:59:40 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA04737
for [email-masked]; Fri, 7 Jul 2000 06:57:41 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 7 Jul 2000 06:57:41 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: The Southwest  Indian Ocean
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400002ec1

595
WTIO20 FMEE 071040
BULLETIN FOR CYCLONIC ACTIVITY AND SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER IN
THE SOUTHWEST  INDIAN OCEAN

DATE:  00/07/07 AT 1200 UTC

PART 1 :
WARNING SUMMARY : NIL.

PART 2 :
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION  :

PERSISTENCE OF AN AREA OF FLUCTUATING CONVECTION EAST OF 90 E. IN
THE LOW LEVELS A RESIDUAL CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION CAN BE DETECTED
NEAR 12 S/88 E, WITHOUT ANY SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NEAR THE CENTRE
ON THE LAST SATELLITE PICTURES.  THE CENTRAL SEALEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1004 HPA AND ASSOCIATED WINDS AT 10/15 KT REACHING
LOCALLY 20 KT . THIS LOW IS MOVING WEST-SOUTH-WESTWARD. HOWEVER
ENVIRONMENT REMAINS UNFAVOURABLE WITH MODERATE EASTNORTHEASTERLY
SHEARING.

SOME NWP MODELS ANALYSE A MINIMUM OF ABSOLUTE VORTICITY WHICH THEY
TRACK WESTWARD WITHOUT DEVELOPING IT.

POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A TROPICAL DEPRESSION IN THE SOUTH
WEST INDIAN OCEAN REMAINS POOR FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.