

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA19434
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 6 Feb 2000 01:10:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA22669
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 6 Feb 2000 01:08:17 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA04588
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 6 Feb 2000 01:03:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA23828;
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 10:41:36 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14439475 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 5 Feb 2000 10:41:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA44036 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 5 Feb 2000 10:41:33 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id KAA26244
for [email-masked]; Sat, 5 Feb 2000 10:41:00 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 5 Feb 2000 10:41:00 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 3a85587cefe71da5e146aa271c563872

131
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/051351Z FEB 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 051200Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON) WAS LOCATED AT
14.8S3 102.8E1, ABOUT 380 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS,
AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW
051500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 14S5 117E9,
APPROXIMATELY 430 NM NORTH OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT BUT DISORGANIZED
CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE BENEATH
THE CONVECTION. AN UNFAVORABLE UPPER-LEVEL ENVIRONMENT IS LIKELY TO
HINDER DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.