

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA02841
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Feb 2000 21:19:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA14678
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Feb 2000 21:18:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA24504
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Feb 2000 21:13:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA54598;
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 06:49:32 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14399837 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 20 Feb 2000 06:49:31 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA25024 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Feb 2000 06:48:00 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA07272
for [email-masked]; Sun, 20 Feb 2000 06:47:13 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 20 Feb 2000 06:47:13 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: a93ecdc9a06d9a777f84eecd09846e13

938
WTIO20 FMEE 201200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 20/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 07  (FELICIA )
993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.3S/76.3E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO
250 NM FROM THE CENTRE, IN THE WESTERN SOUTHERN AND EASTERN
SECTORS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/74.4 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH/72.4 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  TWO CENTRES CAN BE DETECTED. THE SECOND
ONE IS LOCATED BY 15.1 SOUTH AND 76.9 EAST AT 12 UTC. THE
SYSTEM HAS CLEARLY WEAKENED SINCE LAST NIGHT, DUE TO A STRONG
EASTERLY TO NORTHEASTERLY SHEAR.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.