

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA01618
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:54:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA14810
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:52:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA17087
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:48:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA03198;
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:28:17 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14410673 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:28:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA23618 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:27:56 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id UAA10349
for [email-masked]; Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:27:24 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:27:24 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 141fae0f9a24d0b0b538d2e064fad06f

453
ABIO10 PGTW 030300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/030300Z/031800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/020753Z FEB 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/021951Z FEB 00//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 020600Z8, TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (CONNIE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 33.4S0 54.5E4, APPROXIMATELY 670 NM SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHERN
TIP OF MADAGASCAR, AND WAS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32
PGTW 020900) FOR FINAL WARNING.
(2) AT 021800Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (DAMIENNE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 17.3S1 76.1E4, ABOUT 590 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA,
AND WAS MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE 25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS33 PGTW 022100) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.7S9
112.5E9, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.5N8 108.9E8, SOUTH OF JAVA. ANIMATED
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION, BECOMING
MORE ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 9 HOURS. A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) IS ALSO EVIDENT. RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGEY ALSO INDICATES
INCREASING ORGANIZATION AROUND THE LLCC. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS NOW FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPDATE PARA 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.