

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA09534
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 16 Apr 2000 15:53:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA11791
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 16 Apr 2000 15:47:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA36444;
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 02:33:07 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14772676 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 16 Apr 2000 02:33:05 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA42824 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 16 Apr 2000 02:32:44 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id CAA17338
for [email-masked]; Sun, 16 Apr 2000 02:31:59 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 16 Apr 2000 02:31:59 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000bee

998
WTIO20 FMEE 160600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 16/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14   996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.4S/78.9E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL
NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE, AND UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT POSSIBLE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE UP TO
50 MN
FORECASTED POSITION 16/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/77.4 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.9 SOUTH/75.9 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE HAS BEEN LIGHTLY RELOCATED,
BASED ON VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY.
THE SYSTEM IS MORE ORGANISED, BUT IT STAYS DISSYMMETRICAL WITH
STRONGR WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING FAR
FROM THE CENTRE.=