

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA04730
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 Mar 2000 03:29:45 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA21126
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 Mar 2000 03:27:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA07721
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 Mar 2000 03:22:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA59880;
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:04:12 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14278368 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:04:10 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA69842 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:04:09 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id NAA17577
for [email-masked]; Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:04:00 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:04:00 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Content-Length: 1877
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000010

474
WTIO20 FMEE 080600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 08/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  NORMAN 984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.8S/92.5E
(TWENTY THREE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY TWO
DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHNORTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, LOC UP TO  90 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 22.6 SOUTH/91.3 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 22.0 SOUTH/89.3 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXIST ON THE WEST
OF THE MERIDIAN 90 EAST. THE SYSTEM, WEAKENING, IS TRACKING
NOW NORTHNORTHWESTWARD AND SHOULD CROSS THE 90 EAST DURING
THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.