

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA14678
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:22:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA14388
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:20:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA27781
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:16:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA35760;
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 05:46:58 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14386492 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 05:46:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA45212 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 05:46:56 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id FAA29858
for [email-masked]; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 05:46:26 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 1 Feb 2000 05:46:26 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: The Southwest  Indian Ocean
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 0ac5471453654fe958e3c7afd351c697

908
WTIO20 FMEE 011115
BULLETIN FOR CYCLONIC ACTIVITY AND SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER IN
THE SOUTHWEST  INDIAN OCEAN

DATE:  00/02/01 AT 1200 UTC

PART 1 :
WARNING SUMMARY :

- WARNING NR 005/05 ISSUED ON TUESDAY 00/02/01 AT 06 UTC.
MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 05 (DAMIENNE) LOCATED BY 13.5/78.5E ON THE
00/02/01 AT 06 UTC, MOVING EASTSOUTHEASTWARD 11 KT.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS, SEE WARNINGS NR 005/05 AND FOLLOWINGS.

- CONNIE HAS BECOME EXTRATROPICAL AND THE LAST WARNING OVER THIS
SYSTEM HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY AT 00 UTC. NOTE THAT THE LOW EX-CONNIE
WAS LOCATED TODAY AT 10 UTC BY 31.5S AND 52.5E AND IS STILL
ASSOCIATED WITH GALE FORCE WINDS 8 TO 9.

PART 2 :
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION  :

AREA OF FLUCTUATING CONVECTION IN THE MOZAMBIC CHANNEL BETWEEN 15S
AND 23S. NO LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CAN BE DETECTED ON THE SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND THE SEALEVEL PRESSURES ARE QUITE HIGH. SQUALL LINES ARE
FORMING NORTH OF 20S, IN THE WELL ESTABLISHED MONSOON FLOW , AND
STRONG GUSTS CAN BE OBSERVED IN THE SQUALLS. THE ENVIRONMENT IS
WEAKLY SHEARED.
SOME NWP MODELS DEVELOP A LOW, ESPECIALLY AT MEDIUM RANGE,
ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRADE SURGE IN THE SOUTH OF THE CHANNEL.

FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS, POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A TROPICAL
DEPRESSION REMAINS POOR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.