

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA21941
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 19 Jan 2000 02:10:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA17362
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 19 Jan 2000 02:12:05 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA13479
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 19 Jan 2000 02:07:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA47002;
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:40:20 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14243302 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:40:19 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA44570 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:39:27 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA27778
for [email-masked]; Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:39:10 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:39:10 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: ede39aaeef1571c8c5e882a6301ab8c7

106
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z JAN 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 10.0S1 128.0E1
ABOUT 130 NM SOUTHEAST OF TIMOR. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 10 HOURS BUILDING TOWARD
THE EAST. THE 181529Z6 TROPICAL RAINFALL MEASURING MISSION PASS
DEPICTS RELATIVELY UNORGANIZED DEEP CONVECTION WITH NO SIGNS OF A
DEFINITE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS
SHOWS THAT THE LLCC IS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH. UW-CIMSS
CHARTS INDICATE THAT THE AREA IS UNDER MODERATE EASTERLY VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR WITH FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/LAFRAMBOISE/JACKSON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.