

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA02824
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 Mar 2000 04:33:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA24890
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 Mar 2000 04:30:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA00115
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 Mar 2000 04:25:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA44326;
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:01:51 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14608867 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:01:49 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA19116 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:59:24 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id NAA25073
for [email-masked]; Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:59:15 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:59:15 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 8eb169521bac399b901210cb731fc3f6

055
ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/071800Z/081800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/070755Z MAR 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/071351Z MAR 00//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 070600Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S (NORMAN) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 23.1S6 91.6E6, IN THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN, AND WAS TRACKING
SOUTHWARD AT 07 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 60
KNOTS GUSTING TO 75 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 070900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) AT 071200Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (STEVE) WAS LOCATED NEAR
23.3S8 114.0E6, ABOUT 60 NM SOUTH OF LEARMONTH, AUSTRALIA, AND
WAS TRACKING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 50 KNOTS GUSTING TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS35
PGTW 071500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.2S7
79.5E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.8S3 86.0E4. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS A FULLY-EXPOSED AND ELONGATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) WITH MINIMAL CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH IT. UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS UNDER MODERATE VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21.2S5
41.4E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 21.0S3 41.2E7, APPROXIMATELY 90 NM
NORTHEAST OF EUROPA ISLAND IN THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL. ANIMATED
MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION WITH
DISORGANIZED CONVECTION ON ITS WEST SIDE. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS REVEALS
WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/HERRON/DAWSON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.