

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA08457
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:36:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA19112
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:31:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA22040;
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:04:12 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14351449 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:04:11 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA25790 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:03:53 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id UAA06962
for [email-masked]; Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:03:39 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:03:39 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000010d

283
ABIO10 PGTW 140200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/140200Z/141800Z MAR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 14.2S7 128.6E7,
APPROXIMATELY 170 NM SOUTHWEST OF DARWIN, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED
INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICT PERSISTENT CONVECTION
OVER THE PAST 8 HOURS. RECENT QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER AND SYNOPTIC
DATA INDICATE A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THE UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS SHOWS THAT THIS AREA IS WITHIN A GENERALLY FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT BENEATH THE UPPER-LEVEL RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: RE-ISSUED TO ADD A POOR AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1)
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.