

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA00048
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 24 Mar 2000 02:03:00 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA24153
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 24 Mar 2000 01:57:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA22448;
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:30:55 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14464061 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:30:54 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA61084 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:30:52 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA29030
for [email-masked]; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:30:29 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:30:29 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000384

506
ABIO10 PGTW 231800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/231800Z/241800Z MAR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.9S6
100.7E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7 98.0E7, APPROXIMATELY 240 NM
SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF COCOS ISLAND OVER THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN.
230750Z7 AND 231530Z4 MICROWAVE IMAGES REVEALED IMPROVED
ORGANIZATION OF THE CENTRAL CONVECTION DURING THE PAST 24 HOURS.
UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS, HOWEVER, SUGGESTS A DECREASE IN UPPER LEVEL
OUTFLOW FROM YESTERDAY, BUT CURRENTLY REMAINING AT LEAST FAIR. UW-
CIMSS CHARTS ALSO REVEAL A SLIGHT INCREASE IN VERTICAL SHEAR WITH
DECREASING SHEAR BENEATH THE AXIS OF THE 200MB RIDGE TO THE SOUTH.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
REMAINS FAIR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 12.5S8 80.7E5,
APPROXIMATELY 55O NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. SCATTEROMETER
IMAGERY INDICATED NUMEROUS LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTERS (LLCC)
EMBEDDED WITHIN BROAD TROUGHING ACROSS THE REGION EXTENDING TOWARDS
THE NORTHEAST. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY REVEALS MODERATE
NORTHEASTERLY SHEAR OVER THE AREA WITH FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/LAFRAMBOISE/TON//