

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA11879
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 5 Mar 2000 12:10:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA13577
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 5 Mar 2000 12:07:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA12367
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 5 Mar 2000 12:03:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA42702;
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:21:04 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14561985 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:21:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA10938 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:21:01 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA00698
for [email-masked]; Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:20:55 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:20:55 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: a843c730fae1cab9441c95d87af6d0ef

096
ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/041353Z MAR 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/040755Z MAR 00//
REF/C/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/041357Z MAR 00//
REF/D/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/041351Z MAR 00//
NARR/REFS A, B, C AND D ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 041200Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (GLORIA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 19.2S2 44.3E1, OVER WESTERN CENTRAL MADAGASCAR, AND WAS
TRACKING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 041500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) AT 040600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S (NORMAN) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20.6S8 98.9E6, ABOUT 750 NM WEST OF LEARMONTH, AUSTRALIA, AND
WAS TRACKING WESTWARD AT 18 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 105 KNOTS GUSTING TO 125 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32
040900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(3) AT 041200Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S WAS LOCATED NEAR 16.3S0
82.1E1, APPROXIMATELY 1400 NM WEST OF MAURITIUS, AND WAS TRACKING
WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTXS33 041500)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(4) AT 041200Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (STEVE) WAS LOCATED NEAR
17.3S1 122.6E1, OVER DAMPIER LAND, AUSTRALIA, AND WAS TRACKING
WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF D (WTXS35 041500)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(5) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) A 041316Z5 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS
REVEALED THAT THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.8S1
73.0E0 HAS WEAKENED CONSIDERABLY. THE SSM/I PASS ALSO FAILED TO
REVEAL A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IN THE VICINITY OF THE
ISOLATED CONVECTION. THEREFORE, THE AREA IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED
SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/JACKSON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.