

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA05244
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:53:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA14058
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:46:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e717aFo03642;
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 02:36:16 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15634526 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 02:36:14 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e717Zto03866
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 02:35:55 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id CAA24634
for [email-masked]; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 02:33:35 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 1 Aug 2000 02:33:35 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400003a43

191
WTIO20 FMEE 010600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 01/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : 6.0S/79.0E (SIX DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH
AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 200 NM IN THE
WESTERN SECTOR AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT FREQUENTLY REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 240 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 01/08/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 6.4 SOUTH/78.0 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 6.9 SOUTH/77.0 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE
TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH TO THE
SOUTH. LOCALIZED GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT WITH VERY ROUGH SEAS
ARE LIKELY WITHIN THIS SOUTHERN SECTOR.=