

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA11821
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:51:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA25675
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:49:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA27875
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:45:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA19088;
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:28:28 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14284445 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:28:27 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA23926 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:28:25 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id AAA12499
for [email-masked]; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:27:47 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:27:47 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 1c32ef231de5c22733cc5d95159f28cb

640
WTIO20 FMEE 100600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 10/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE EX-LEON)
984 HPA
POSITION             : 17.9S/79.3E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT
0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXITS BEYOND 20 NM FROM
THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 MN IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
QUADRANT AND LOCALLY UP TO 150 MN IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND EVEN LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/76.2 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/73.2 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE
SOUTH, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH AND THE SPEED OF THE
SYSTEM.
THE CENTRE APPEARS IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT OF THE CLOUD
MASS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.