

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA14702
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 03:02:09 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA26749
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 03:00:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA15370
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 02:55:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA08974;
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:30:08 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14488260 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:30:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA20992 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:30:06 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA00506
for [email-masked]; Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:29:27 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:29:27 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35febe8e6674fae0be6c5be0edc35146

723
WTIO20 FMEE 091800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 09/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE)EX-LEON
984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.3S/82.4E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
WESTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS, AND LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
EASTERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND EVEN LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/79.4 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/76.3 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS (NEAR GALE FORCE) EXTEND FAR
IN THE SOUTH DUE TO A STRONG HIGH.
THE TRACK IS STILL WESTWARD BUT THE SPEED MOTION IS LESS
IMPORTANT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.