

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eB2HRCu16592
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 3 Dec 2000 01:27:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eB2HQ2S01462
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 3 Dec 2000 01:26:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eB2HAGE20502;
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 11:10:16 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15867374 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 2 Dec 2000 11:10:15 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eB2HACE10492
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 2 Dec 2000 11:10:13 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA02312
for [email-masked]; Sat, 2 Dec 2000 11:08:44 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 2 Dec 2000 11:08:44 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000eb49

386
ABIO10 PGTW 021800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/021800Z DEC 00/031800Z//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/010751Z DEC 00//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL CYCLONE 03B CONTINUE TO TRACK
WESTWARD THROUGH THE SOUTHERN ARABIAN SEA, NEAR 10.8N9 69.5E0.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES WEAK CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH
THE SYSTEM. A WELL DEFINED, BUT WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION (LLCC) IS
EVIDENT IN A RECENT QUICKSCATT PASS. UW-CIMSS SATELLITE DERIVED WIND
PRODUCTS INDICATE THE SYSTEM IS UNDER WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR, WITH INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR TO THE NORTH. OUTFLOW IS
GOOD TO THE NORTHEAST OF THE SYSTEM. MICROWAVE IMAGERY INDICATES A
WELL DEFINED LLCC, WITH SCATTERED CONVECTION. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.0S1
130.0E4, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.3S6 126.5E4 NORTHWEST OF JOSEPH
BONAPARTE BAY, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS PERSISTENT BUT CONVECTION BECOMING INCREASINGLY ORGANIZED.
SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS AND QUICKSCATT PASSES CONTINUE TO INDICATE A BROAD
CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA. UW-CIMSS SATELLITE DERIVED
WIND PRODUCTS INDICATE GOOD OUTFLOW OVER THE SYSTEM, AND WEAK
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR IN THE AREA. RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY INDICATES
A CONVECTIVE BAND TO THE SOUTH OF A POSSIBLE LLCC. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/MORRIS/WAUGAMAN/HARRISON//