

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA10084
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:56:17 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA22619
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:51:07 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA33172;
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:30:17 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14562463 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:30:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA47744 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:30:14 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id AAA28647
for [email-masked]; Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:29:44 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:29:44 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000580

758
WTIO20 FMEE 310600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 026/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 31/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
950 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.0S/62.9E
(SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL
NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM WITHIN
THE NORTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
90 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 170 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/60.4 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/58.0 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS CLEARLY INTENSIFYED DURING
THE LAST HOURS, WITH THE FORMATION OF AN EYE. IT TRACKS
RAPIDLY WESTWARD. WINDS STAY STONGER IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.=