

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eB3HlVn13659
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 4 Dec 2000 01:47:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eB3HkKk26747
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 4 Dec 2000 01:46:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eB3HU9E34440;
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 11:30:09 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15876613 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 3 Dec 2000 11:30:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eB3HU5E22378
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 3 Dec 2000 11:30:05 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA12869
for [email-masked]; Sun, 3 Dec 2000 11:28:34 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 3 Dec 2000 11:28:34 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000ee4d

493
ABIO10 PGTW 031800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/021800Z DEC 00/031800Z//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/030751Z DEC 00//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 030600Z9 TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 03B REGENERATED AND WAS
LOCATED NEAR 11.2N4 66.8E0 AND MOVING WESTWARD AT 17 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31
PGTW 030900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL CYCLONE 03B HAVE REGENERATED AND
ARE NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 1.A.(1)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.3S6
126.5E4, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.7S0 125.9E7 NORTHWEST OF JOSEPH
BONAPARTE BAY, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION, THOUGH DISORGANIZED. SYNOPTIC
ANALYSIS AND QUICKSCATT PASSES CONTINUE TO INDICATE A BROAD
CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA. UW-CIMSS SATELLITE DERIVED
WIND PRODUCTS INDICATE GOOD OUTFLOW OVER THE SYSTEM, AND MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR IN THE AREA. RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY INDICATES
A CONVECTIVE COMPLEX TO THE SOUTH OF A POSSIBLE LLCC, ALONG THE
COAST OF AUSTRALIA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR
1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/MORRIS/WAUGAMAN/HARRISON//