

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA00797
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:04:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA12827
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:01:40 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA28503
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:56:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA33386;
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 05:43:02 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14568017 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 5 Mar 2000 05:43:00 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA24638 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 5 Mar 2000 05:42:47 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id FAA08071
for [email-masked]; Sun, 5 Mar 2000 05:42:41 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 5 Mar 2000 05:42:41 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 9374bfedef19e4d16807e06e6137d4a4

901
ABIO10 PGTW 051200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051200Z/051800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050753Z MAR 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050755Z MAR 00//
REF/C/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050751Z MAR 00//
NARR/REFS A, B, AND C ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 050600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (GLORIA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20.4S6 43.1E8, ABOUT 70 NM WEST OF MORONDAVA, MADAGASCAR, AND
WAS TRACKING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 050900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) AT 050600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S (NORMAN) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20.5S7 94.7E0 AND WAS TRACKING WESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE
REF B (WTXS32 050900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(3) AT 050600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (STEVE) WAS LOCATED NEAR
18.5S4 119.9E0, ABOUT 130 NM NORTHEAST OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA,
AND WAS TRACKING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF C
(WTXS35 050900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.3S0
81.2E1 AND THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING (SEE FINAL
WARNING WTXS33 PGTW 050300) IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.8S3 79.9E5,
APPROXIMATELY 630 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED MULTI-
SPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A WEAK FULLY-EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH ISOLATED DEEP CONVECTION WEST OF THE
LLCC. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS UNDER MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15
TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006
MB. THEREFORE, THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR RE-ISSUE: DOWNGRADED AREA WHICH WAS PREVIOUSLY
TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S TO A FAIR (SEE PARA 2.B.(1)) AND UPDATED
BULLETIN TO REFLECT CURRENT WARNINGS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.