

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA21854
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 22 Apr 2000 18:29:07 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA17853
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 22 Apr 2000 18:23:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA37222;
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 05:09:23 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14853382 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 22 Apr 2000 05:09:22 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA40516 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 22 Apr 2000 05:09:05 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id FAA24308
for [email-masked]; Sat, 22 Apr 2000 05:08:14 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 22 Apr 2000 05:08:14 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000e19

357
ABIO10 PGTW 221000
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221000Z/221800Z APR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.7S4
64.5E5, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7 63.1E0 NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS.
ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY CONTINUES TO DEPICT THE REMNANTS OF
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (INNOCENTE) AS AN EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC). THE LLCC CONTINUES TO REMAIN IN AN UNFAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 16.3S0 90.3E2 AND
IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANT LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER OF
TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (PAUL). ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS AN AREA OF CONVECTION TO THE SOUTHEAST OF A WELL-
DEFINED LLCC. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS DEPICTS WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA WITH THE CONVECTION BEING SHEARED FROM THE
NORTHWEST. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPDATED PARA 2.B.(1) AND ADDED PARA 2.B.(2).
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/PARKER/DAWSON//