

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA10387
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 03:16:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA03692
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 03:11:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA18920;
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:11:46 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14486066 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:11:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA56480 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:10:23 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA07155
for [email-masked]; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:09:58 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:09:58 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000422

180
WTIO20 FMEE 251800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 25/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.3S/87.8E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL
EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
NORTHWESTERN SECTOR AND LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/86.4 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 14.9 SOUTH/84.7 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE
ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.
WEAK SHEAR ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF THE SYSTEM=