

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA15930
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 02:32:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA12018
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 02:34:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA26196
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 02:30:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA29174;
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:10:09 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14187147 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:10:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA13126 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:08:58 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA18592
for [email-masked]; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:08:46 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:08:46 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 6e4526bef125a0fd5d7e6d4330e7d9f4

480
WTIO20 FMEE 111800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 035/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 11/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 25.4S/68.8E
(TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT
DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO TO 250 NM FROM THE
CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 27.1 SOUTH/70.4 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 28.6 SOUTH/72.3 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL TRACKS SOUTHEASTWARD.
DUE TO THE NORTHWESTERLY SHEAR, IT CONTINUES TO WEAKEN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.