

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eALHbdS16503
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 22 Nov 2000 01:37:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eALHaaZ29805
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 22 Nov 2000 01:36:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eALHJ4E28962;
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:19:04 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15747261 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:19:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eALHJ1E19464
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:19:01
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA23009
for [email-masked]; Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:17:42 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:17:42 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000cabf

866
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.5N3
79.0E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.2N0 78.7E2, JUST WEST OF NORTHERN SRI
LANKA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A 211307Z4 SPECIAL
SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICT A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) WITH ISOLATED CONVECTION NORTH OF THE CENTER. SYNOPTIC
ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE SOUTH OF THE LLCC.
THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS SOUTH OF THE
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS WITH 15 TO 20 KNOTS EASTERLY FLOW ACROSS THE
LLCC. THE UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS UNDER
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR, WITH INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR TO
THE SOUTH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. BASED ON
THE UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//