

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA07955
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 02:20:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA27616
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 02:21:37 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA08498
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 02:17:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA39616;
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:59:27 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14176793 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:59:26 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA54702 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:59:24 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA00346
for [email-masked]; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:59:13 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:59:13 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 1f93c34f05b15acd88179ae50ca7714c

448
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/100751Z JAN 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 100600Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 04S (BABIOLA) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 20.6S8 67.2E5, ABOUT 550 NM EAST OF MAURITIUS, AND WAS
MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 90 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 110 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING NR 10
WTXS31 PGTW 100900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19.0S0
42.0E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 19.0S0 43.0E7 IN THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL.
ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT
BUT DISORGANIZED CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS SHOWS MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13S4 129E2
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12S3 128E1, OFF THE KIMBERLEY COAST OF
AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS THE
CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED AND REDEVELOPED OVER THE PAST FEW HOURS,
ALONG THE COAST. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A BROAD CIRCULATION IN THE
MONSOON TROUGH THAT EXTENDS OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/CANTRELL/PARKER/GLASS/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.