

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id HAA17955
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 07:07:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id HAA12530
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 07:02:00 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA23704;
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:34:18 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14493975 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:34:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA29036 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 27 Mar 2000 06:15:04 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA24451
for [email-masked]; Mon, 27 Mar 2000 06:14:39 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 27 Mar 2000 06:14:39 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000459

021
WTIO20 FMEE 271200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 27/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.7S/80.7E
(FOURTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL
SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 MN
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 14.9 SOUTH/78.6 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/75.4 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM AS BEEN INTENSIFIING DURING
THE LAST HOURS, WITH THE FORMATION OF A CLOUD FILLED EYED. IT
SHOULD TRACKA LITTLE MORE WESTSOUTHWESTWARD DURING THE NEXT
24 HOURS. WINDS STAY STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.=