

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA21064
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Feb 2000 01:59:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA22233
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Feb 2000 01:57:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA17207
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Feb 2000 01:52:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA50630;
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:34:24 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14300658 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:34:22 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA09012 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:32:27 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA12004
for [email-masked]; Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:31:48 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:31:48 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 9e0d1249e3bf065faa7992edaafe646b

537
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/111351Z FEB 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 111200Z5 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON-ELINE) WAS LOCATED
AT 17.5S3 71.8E6, AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 17 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 111500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12S3 101E2
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13S4 99E8, APPROXIMATELY 140 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST
OF THE COCOS ISLANDS. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS PERSISTENT
BUT DISORGANIZED CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK TO
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY L0CATED NEAR 18S9 120E3,
OFF NORTHWESTERN AUSTRALIA, HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT
FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
(3) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 13.2S6 118E0,
APPROXIMATELY 440 NM NORTH OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION OVER THE
PAST 6 HOURS. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE TO STRONG
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/PARKER/DAWSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.