

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e9FM1sG22257
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 16 Oct 2000 06:01:54 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e9FM1Jp13008
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 16 Oct 2000 06:01:19 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e9FLgXE25404;
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 16:42:33 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 16598422 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 15 Oct 2000 16:42:32 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e9FLgUE12074
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 15 Oct 2000 16:42:31
-0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id QAA15431
for [email-masked]; Sun, 15 Oct 2000 16:41:49 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 15 Oct 2000 16:41:49 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400005db8

375
ABIO10 PGTW 151800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/151800Z/161800Z OCT 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/150621Z OCT 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.1N7
89.2E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.6N1 87.0E5, OVER THE CENTRAL BAY OF
BENGAL, AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.
SEE REF A (WTIO21 PGTW 150630) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. ANIMATED VISIBLE
AND INFRARED IMAGERY DEPICT SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT OF DEEP
CONVECTION NEAR THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER DURING THE PAST 12
HOURS. UW-CIMSS SHEAR CHART, HOWEVER, SHOWS 20 TO 30 KNOT EAST-
SOUTHEASTERLY UPPER-LEVEL WINDS OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/WHITCOMB/CUTMAN//