

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAPHo2h01921
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 26 Nov 2000 01:50:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAPHmtl14933
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 26 Nov 2000 01:48:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAPHW0E21790;
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 11:32:01 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15778932 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 25 Nov 2000 11:32:00 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAPHVwE34830
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 25 Nov 2000 11:31:58
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA10523
for [email-masked]; Sat, 25 Nov 2000 11:30:35 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 25 Nov 2000 11:30:35 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000d6ab

093
ABIO10 PGTW 251800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.6N4
67.0E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.5N3 65.5E6, ABOUT 700 NM WEST OF THE
SOUTHERN TIP OF INDIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
WEAKENING CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. HOWEVER, A 251357Z8
SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICTED A WELL-DEFINED LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH CONVECTION NORTH TO EAST. THE
200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC IS SOUTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE AXIS, BUT IS UNDER DIFFLUENT FLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//