

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA05444
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:02:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA02016
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 12:55:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e714k2o12698;
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:46:02 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15633589 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:46:00 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e714jwo12678
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:45:58
-0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id XAA22924
for [email-masked]; Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:43:38 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:43:38 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400003a39

403
ABIO10 PGTW 010400
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/010400Z AUG 00/011800Z AUG 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 6.1S7 78.9E4
ABOUT 400 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS INCREASE IN AREAL COVERAGE OVER THE PAST 6
HOURS. IMAGERY ALSO REVEALS A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER EAST OF THE DEEP CONVECTION. A RECENT QUIKSCAT
SWATH INDICATED STRONGER WINDS OVER THE WESTERN HALF OF THE SYSTEM.
200 MB ANALYSIS, HOWEVER, SHOWS THAT THE SYSTEM IS TRACKING BENEATH
30 TO 40 KNOT UPPER LEVEL EASTERLIES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/CUTMAN//