

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA03208
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Jan 2000 18:19:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA04666
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Jan 2000 18:21:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA20042
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Jan 2000 18:17:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA43798;
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 03:59:38 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14091121 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 1 Jan 2000 03:59:37 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA52874 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Jan 2000 03:58:00 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id DAA10945
for [email-masked]; Sat, 1 Jan 2000 03:57:57 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 1 Jan 2000 03:57:57 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: b9fd1a662ab6300358a0131416711bb6

791
ABIO10 PGTW 011000
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011000Z/011800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/010151 JAN 00/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 010000Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 03S (ASTRIDE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 12.8S1 49.0E3 AND WAS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 40 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 50 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 010300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.0S1
85.0E3, EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, HAS DISSIPATED. THE AREA IS
NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 12.0S3 105.6E2,
APPROXIMATELY 95 NM SOUTH OF CHRISTMAS ISLAND IN THE INDIAN OCEAN.
ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A POSSIBLE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AND THE 200 MB
ANALYSIS REVEALS GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(3) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 9.5S4 73.0E0,
APPROXIMATELY 130 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA IN THE INDIAN
OCEAN. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND AVAILABLE SYNOPTIC DATA
INDICATE A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADD FAIR AREA IN PARA 2.B.(2) AND POOR AREA IN
PARA 2.B.(3).
FORECAST TEAM: COX/CANTRELL/PARKER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.