

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA16287
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:55:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA21119
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:50:19 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA31640;
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:36:34 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14529647 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:36:33 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA50060 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:36:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA15517
for [email-masked]; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:36:04 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:36:04 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000004d3

485
WTIO20 FMEE 291200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 29/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
948 HPA
POSITION             : 16.7S/71.4E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH/69.1 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/66.8 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE
RATHER RAPID WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOTION.=