

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e9SHWiM01396
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 29 Oct 2000 01:32:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e9SHVuq11355
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 29 Oct 2000 01:31:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e9SHDdE22202;
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:13:39 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 16787040 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:13:38 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e9SHDKE35476
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:13:20
-0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA22498
for [email-masked]; Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:12:25 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:12:25 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000083e7

268
ABIO10 PGTW 281800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/281800Z/291800Z OCT 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI 280751 OCT 00/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FINAL WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 280600Z6, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02B WAS LOCATED NEAR
23.4N9 89.9E6, APPROXIMATELY 34 NM SOUTHWEST OF DHAKA, BANGLADESH,
AND WAS MOVING NORTHEAST AT 15 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 20 KNOTS GUSTING TO 30 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW
280900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE FINAL WARNING.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 20.0N2
88.4E0 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FINAL WARNING (SEE
REF A AND PARA 1.A(1)). THE SYSTEM HAS TRACKED RAPIDLY NORTHEAST
OVER LAND AND HAS DISSIPATED.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//