

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA10379
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 01:56:53 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA21714
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 01:55:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA11586
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 01:50:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA51846;
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:29:26 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14487569 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:29:25 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA38754 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:29:12 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA28694
for [email-masked]; Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:28:34 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:28:34 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: a4f85e960014b45f286cd1430f66423e

427
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/091800Z/101800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/091351Z FEB 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 091200Z2 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON) WAS LOCATED AT
18.3S2 84.5E7, AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 18 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 091500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.0S6
124.0E7, HAS SEPARATED INTO TWO SEPARATE AREAS. A PORTION HAS MOVED
OVER LAND AND WEAKENED. THE SECOND AREA OF WEAK CONVECTION IS
LOCATED NEAR 12S3 118.4E4 AND IS LOCATED WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH.
MAXIMUM SUSTEAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED SOUTH OF JAVA, NEAR
12S3 108E9, OVER THE PAST 18 HOURS. THE AREA IS LOCATED IN THE
MONSOON TROUGH EXTENDING FROM THE NORTHWEST COAST OF AUSTRALIA
ACROSS THE INDIAN OCEAN. MAXIMUM SUSTEAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1005 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/BALDINGER/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.