

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA28868
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 Mar 2000 01:28:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA13736
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 Mar 2000 01:25:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA01234
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 Mar 2000 01:20:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA36610;
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:05:15 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14623958 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:05:14 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA51174 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:05:11 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA13867
for [email-masked]; Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:05:02 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:05:02 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 0404584b361a4f360658002e1899b2a4

872
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/070755Z MAR 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/071351Z MAR 00//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 080600Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S (NORMAN) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 23.9S4 92.5E6, IN THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN, AND WAS
NORTHWESTWARD AT 03 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 080900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) AT 081200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (STEVE) WAS LOCATED NEAR
24.9S5 113.0E5, EAST OF CARNAVARON, AUSTRALIA, AND WAS TRACKING
SOUTHWARD AT 03 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 50
KNOTS GUSTING TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS35 PGTW 081500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.2S7
79.5E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.8S3 86.0E4 ABOUT 920 NM SOUTHEAST OF
DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A
FULLY-EXPOSED AND ELONGATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
MINIMAL ASSOCIATED CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE
AREA IS UNDER MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21.0S3
41.2E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 23.1S6 37.3E3, OVER THE MOZAMBIQUE
CHANNEL. ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS A WEAK LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION WITH DISORGANIZED CONVECTION ON CONFINED TO THE WESTERN
HALF OF THE SYSTEM. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS REVEALS WEAK VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR AND FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED A
T 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1
005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CY
CLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/JACKSON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.