

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA06256
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 03:06:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA21001
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 03:07:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA25664
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 03:03:37 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA31570;
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 12:48:55 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14160717 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 12:48:54 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA45120 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 12:48:53 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA12998
for [email-masked]; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 12:48:43 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 8 Jan 2000 12:48:43 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 66b2ddf83f3cf98e8a67254f9aa4b9f3

205
WTIO20 FMEE 081800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 08/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
960 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.1S/70.9E
(SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS UP TO 270 NM IN THE
SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180
NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.7 SOUTH/68.6 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/66.1 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GOES ON INTENSIFYING. THE EYE
IS FLUCTUATING IN A CDO BECOMING LARGER AND MORE SYMETRICAL.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.