

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA07682
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:49:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA21732
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:43:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA30874;
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:22:42 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14458032 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:22:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA19016 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:19:40 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id VAA17684
for [email-masked]; Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:19:17 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:19:17 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000035d

231
ABIO10 PGTW 230300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/230300Z/231800Z MAR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7
102.0E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.9S6 100.7E8, APPROXIMATELY 360 NM
SOUTHEAST OF CHRISTMAS ISLAND IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED
INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES CONTINUED DISORGANIZED BUT PERSISTENT
CONVECTION WITH AN IMPROVING LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC).
UW-CIMSS CHARTS INDICATE WEAK VERTICAL SHEAR ACROSS THE REGION WITH
GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1003 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS NOW FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADED SUSPECT AREA IN PARA. 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/LAFRAMBOISE/TON//