

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA11975
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 10 Mar 2000 00:59:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA04263
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 10 Mar 2000 00:54:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA35446;
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:38:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14291979 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:38:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA35386 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:38:24 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id KAA04527
for [email-masked]; Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:38:13 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:38:13 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000054

966
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/091800Z/101800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/091351Z MAR 00//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1)  AT 091200Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (STEVE) WAS LOCATED
OVER LAND NEAR 25.9S6 114.2E8, NEAR HAMELIN, AUSTRALIA, AND WAS
TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 03 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 50 KNOTS GUSTING TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS35 PGTW
091500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.8S3
86.0E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.4S9 86.8E2 ABOUT 940 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST
OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A
FULLY-EXPOSED AND ELONGATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
MINIMAL ASSOCIATED CONVECTION DISPLACED WELL TO THE NORTHWEST. UPPER
AIR ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS WITHIN A MODERATE VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR
1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 25.0S7
36.0E9 HAS NOW MOVED OVER SOUTHERN MOZAMBIQUE AND IS THEREFORE NOT
SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/JACKSON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.