

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA29668
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Jan 2000 01:31:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA07908
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Jan 2000 01:32:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA00354
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Jan 2000 01:28:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA16998;
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:09:38 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14087399 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:09:37 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA57178 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:09:36 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA08190
for [email-masked]; Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:09:33 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:09:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: The Southwest  Indian Ocean
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: e75f69414ff32b82f834cdd2792f5888

359
WTIO20 FMEE 311152
BULLETIN FOR CYCLONIC ACTIVITY AND SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER IN
THE SOUTHWEST  INDIAN OCEAN

DATE:  99/12/31 AT 1200 UTC

PART 1 :
WARNING SUMMARY : WARNING NR 28/01 ISSUED ON THE 31/12 AT 06 TU.

MODERATE TROPICAL STORM ?ASTRIDE?, LOCATED ON THE 31ST AT 06 UTC BY
12.7S/51.2E, AND MOVING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD, 9KT.

SEE WARNING 28/01 AND FOLLOWINGS FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

PART 2 :
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION  :

THE ITCZ IS AXED ALONG THE 7 S, WELL DEFINED BY A FLUCTUATING
CONVECTION LINE BETWEEN 60  E AND 100 E.

1- A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CAN BE DETECTED NEAR 10S/91E,
ACCORDING TO ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY. ASOCIATED CONVECTION REMAINS
WEAK.
ECMWF'S MODEL ANALYSE A MINIMUM OF ABSOLUTE VORTICITY AND MAINTAINS
IT QUASI-STATIONNARY..

FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS, POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A TROPICAL
DEPRESSION REMAINS POOR.

2- AN AREA OF FLUCTUATING CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED OVER THE LAST 24
HOURS NEAR 7S/76E. THIS AREA IS SITUATED IN A WEAK TO MODERATE
SOUTHEASTERLY SHEAR ENVIRONMENT, AND NO OBVIOUS LOW LEVEL CYCLONIC
CIRCULATION CAN BE DETECTED WITH THE SATELLITE IMAGERY.
ECMWF'S MODEL ANALYSE A MINIMUM OF ABSOLUTE VORTICITY IN THIS AREA
AND MOVES IT SOUTHWARD IN THE NEXT DAYS.

THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A TROPICAL DEPRESSION IN THIS AREA
IS FAIR BEYOND 24 HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.