

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA17618
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:11:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA19485
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:05:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA36554;
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:31:03 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14775135 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:31:02 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA44390 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:29:18 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA20078
for [email-masked]; Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:28:33 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:28:33 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000c21

209
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/161800Z/171800Z APR 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/161351Z APR 00//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/160753Z APR 00//
NARR/REF A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 161200Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (PAUL) WAS LOCATED NEAR
13.7S1 99.3E1, APPROXIMATELY 167 NM SOUTHEAST OF COCOS ISLAND, AND
WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 125 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 150 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW
161500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 160600Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S WAS LOCATED NEAR 15.6S2
78.5E0, ABOUT 610 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND WAS MOVING WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
35 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 160900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.8S3
79.7E3 AND WAS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT IS
NOW THE SUBJECT OF TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING (WTXS32 PGTW 160900).
SEE PARA 2.A.(2) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.4S7
119.8E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.0S5 119.5E6, WEST OF THE KIMBERLEY
COAST. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS POORLY ORGANIZED
CONVECTION WHICH HAS FLUCTUATED IN INTENSITY OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.
IMAGERY CURRENTLY SHOWS DEEP CONVECTION DEVELOPING SOUTHWEST OF THE
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A RECENT QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER
PASS DEPICTS A WELL DEFINED LLCC. THE UW-CIMSS AND 200 MB ANALYSIS
CONTINUE TO INDICATE THAT THIS AREA IS WITHIN A FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1003 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(3) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//