

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA09640
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 05:19:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA07739
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 05:14:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA43500;
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:06:21 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14490733 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:06:20 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA33942 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:18:08 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA16949
for [email-masked]; Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:17:43 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:17:43 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000043a

988
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/260751Z MAR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS CENTERED NEAR 7.0N7 91.5E5,
APPROXIMATELY 240 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF SUMATRA. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS DISORGANIZED CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH
A POSSIBLE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION AS INDICATED BY A RECENT QUIKSCAT
PASS. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK TO
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 260600Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S (HUDAH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
14.9S4 85.3E6, IN THE CENTRAL INDIAN OCEAN AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD
AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 260900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/NEAULT//