

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA02782
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Feb 2000 01:02:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA12606
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Feb 2000 01:00:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA16525
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Feb 2000 00:56:07 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA52434;
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:38:25 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14389951 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:38:24 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA52870 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:37:01 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id KAA06232
for [email-masked]; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:36:31 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:36:31 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: c35069ec5364c3a363670d52ef1646d5

312
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/010753Z FEB 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/010755Z FEB 00//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS. REF C IS A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 010600Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (CONNIE) WAS LOCATED AT
31.3S7 52.3E0, APPROXIMATELY 500 NM SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHERN TIP OF
MADAGASCAR, AND WAS MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 09 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32
PGTW 010900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 010600Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 09S (KIRRILY) WAS LOCATED AT
22.4S8 104.1E6, ABOUT 515 NM WEST OF LEARMONTH AUSTRALIA, AND WAS
MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 010900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.3S6
75.9E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.0S6 78.4E9, APPROXIMATELY 580 NM
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF C). A 011314Z0 SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS INDICATED A DEVELOPING CONVECTIVE BAND
WEST OF THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER BEGINNING TO WRAP AROUND
THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT OF THE CENTER. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES
STRONGER WINDS OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT. 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS
UPPER-LEVEL RIDGING EXTENDING OVER THE REGION. OVERALL, THE SYSTEM
APPEARS TO BE INCREASING IN ORGANIZATION WITH IMPROVED OUTFLOW
ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1000 MB. SEE REF C
(WTXS23 PGTW 010130) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.