

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA16083
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Mar 2000 03:25:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA29141
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Mar 2000 03:22:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA20423
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Mar 2000 02:53:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA05864;
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:37:18 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14541912 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:37:18 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA27612 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:37:16 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA22685
for [email-masked]; Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:37:13 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:37:13 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: b9def4da5299edd47b65e06d1cbe8346

472
WTIO20 FMEE 021800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 02/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.4S/85.5E
(FOURTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND
ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.9 SOUTH/84.1 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/82.8 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL UNDERGOES EASTERLY RAPID
FLOWS IN THE UPPER LEVELS. THIS WIND SHEAR LIMITS ITS
DEVELOPPEMENT AND THE CONVECTION STAYS IN THE WESTERN PART.
IT TRACKS WESTSOUTHWESTWARD ON THE NORTH OF HIGH PRESSURE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.