

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA06798
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 21:07:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA10170
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 21:09:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA25470
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 21:05:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA38886;
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 06:48:41 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14150364 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 06:48:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA29146 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 06:48:39 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA26828
for [email-masked]; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 06:48:31 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 7 Jan 2000 06:48:31 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 875fd8fefd2c19c7473d954ac0f9fb67

553
WTIO20 FMEE 071200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 07/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.1S/77.6E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL
SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 210 NM IN THE
WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTER.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120
NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 15.9 SOUTH/75.8 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/73.4 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS WESTSOUTHWESTWARDS,
THEN MORE WESTWARDS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.