

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA01287
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 02:57:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA24656
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 02:52:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA47176;
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:24:41 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14534878 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:24:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA13362 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:24:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA24190
for [email-masked]; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:24:10 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:24:10 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000004e5

426
WTIO20 FMEE 291800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 29/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
954 HPA
POSITION             : 17.0S/70.3E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800
UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/68.4 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/66.3 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE
RATHER RAPID WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOVEMENT.=