

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA15139
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:56:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA15108
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:54:53 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA22315
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:50:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA45670;
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:28:46 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14340147 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:28:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA34012 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:28:06 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA10242
for [email-masked]; Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:27:24 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:27:24 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: b2d61939b39ca4abd28b24dcaae53c95

094
ABIO10 PGTW 151800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/151800Z/161800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/151351Z FEB 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 151200Z9 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON-ELINE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 19.0S0 55.6E6, AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 151500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.5S0
101.4E6, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.5S1 104.0E5, APPROXIMATELY 200 NM
SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF CHRISTMAS ISLAND. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS WEAK PERSISTENT CONVECTION NEAR THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 151352Z7 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE
IMAGER PASS SHOWS SOME ORGANIZATION, BUT ALSO INDICATES POSSIBLE
MULTIPLE CIRCULATIONS IN THIS AREA. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT
THE LLCC IS UNDER WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND HAS WEAK OUTFLOW
ALOFT. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC IS UNDER THE
UPPER-LEVEL SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.