

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e7CI1cw16881
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Aug 2000 02:01:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e7CHshZ17095
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Aug 2000 01:54:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e7CHjLo32144;
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:45:21 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15814605 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:45:19 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e7CHiBo24464
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:44:12
-0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA18252
for [email-masked]; Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:41:43 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:41:43 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400003faa

844
ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800Z/131800Z AUG 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 4.5S9 68.7E1. THE
CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)
EVIDENT IN A RECENT QUICKSCATT PASS. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE
AREA IS STRONG, AS EVIDENT IN SATELLITE IMAGERY AND UW-CIMSS
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PRODUCT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 10.5S6 81.3E2.
THE CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) EVIDENT IN A RECENT QUICKSCATT PASS. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER
THE AREA IS STRONG, AS EVIDENT IN SATELLITE IMAGERY AND UW-CIMSS
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PRODUCT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/JACKSON//