

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id HAA04679
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 19 Jan 2000 07:21:07 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id HAA24774
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 19 Jan 2000 07:22:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id HAA24388
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 19 Jan 2000 07:18:45 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA18412;
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:00:55 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14246531 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:00:54 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA31962 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:00:52 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id RAA05291
for [email-masked]; Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:00:35 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:00:35 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 16d3d45946bfe4f792b1a7ee88ce8fbf

415
ABIO10 PGTW 182300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/182300Z/191800Z JAN 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.0S1
128.0E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10.9S0 126.8E7, 120 NM SOUTHEAST OF
TIMOR. ANIMATED INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THAT
CONVECTION HAS BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED AS EVIDENCED BY SPIRAL
BANDING. IMAGERY ALSO SHOWS THAT THE CONVECTION IS NOW ROTATING
AROUND THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE 200 MB ANALYSIS
SHOWS THAT OUTFLOW ALOFT HAS IMPROVED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS WITH AN
UPPER-LEVEL ANTICYCLONE FORMING JUST SOUTHEAST OF THE LLCC. UW-CIMSS
CHARTS INDICATE THAT MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR CONTINUES WEST OF
THE LLCC, HOWEVER SHEAR HAS DECREASED OVER THE LLCC AS THE UPPER-
LEVEL RIDGE BUILDS NORTHWARD. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 20 TO 25 KTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1003
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADED POOR AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/LAFRAMBOISE/JACKSON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.