

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA01420
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:02:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA29405
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:57:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA31010;
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:32:57 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14520909 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:32:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA11286 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:32:55 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id SAA08331
for [email-masked]; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:32:27 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:32:27 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000004af

143
WTIO20 FMEE 290000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 29/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.4S/74.2E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL
TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/72.4 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/70.6 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS STILL EXTEND FAR
FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE. SOME SIGNALS OF
A SOUTHEASTERLY HIGH LEVEL SHEARING HAVE APPEARED DURING THE
LASTS HOURS.=