

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA21886
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 20:36:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA08995
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 20:31:37 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA46828;
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 06:17:37 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14484539 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 06:17:36 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA33760 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 06:17:35 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA04844
for [email-masked]; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 06:17:10 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 25 Mar 2000 06:17:10 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000003e1

783
WTIO20 FMEE 251200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 25/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.3S/88.5E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL
FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
NORTHWESTERN SECTOR AND LOCALLY UP TO 250 MN IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/86.5 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/84.5 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS INTENSIFYING RAPIDLY.
STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT
WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=