

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA19994
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:50:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA10904
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:45:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA35764;
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:16:39 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14547222 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:16:38 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA36478 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:16:24 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA08443
for [email-masked]; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:15:55 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:15:55 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000546

138
WTIO20 FMEE 301200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 30/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
960 HPA
POSITION             : 17.0S/66.4E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT
1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALY UP TO 300 NM WITHIN
THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/64.0 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/62.1 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS WEAKENING A LITTLE. STRONG
WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE
PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE RATHER RAPID WESTWARD MOTION.=