

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAOHhl612887
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 25 Nov 2000 01:43:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAOHgeO24862
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 25 Nov 2000 01:42:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAOHR8E11604;
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:27:08 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15773337 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:27:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAOHR5E19010
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:27:05
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA03209
for [email-masked]; Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:25:43 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:25:43 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000d3b3

494
ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.0N8
68.4E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.0N9 68.0E4, APPROXIMATELY 500 NM WEST
OF SOUTHERN INDIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. A RECENT TROPICAL
RAINFALL MEASURING MISSION PASS DEPICTED POORLY ORGANIZED CONVECTION
WEST OF THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 241308Z8 QUIKSCAT
SCATTEROMETER PASS DEPICTS A WELL-DEFINED WEAK LLCC. THE UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS INDICATES LIGHT TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. THE 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES 15 TO 20 KNOT EASTERLY FLOW OVER THE LLCC.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.0S7
97.0E6 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//