

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA19989
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:43:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA26799
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:44:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA27144
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:41:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA20116;
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 01:23:46 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14105538 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 3 Jan 2000 01:23:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA37250 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 3 Jan 2000 01:23:43 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id BAA17474
for [email-masked]; Mon, 3 Jan 2000 01:23:40 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 3 Jan 2000 01:23:40 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 1243cef28e18cf9d59aada16c7bfdf70

263
ABIO10 PGTW 030730
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/030730Z/031800Z JAN 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.8S1
80.6E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.7S0 82.1E1, IN THE CENTRAL INDIAN
OCEAN. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A RECENT SCATTEROMETER
PASS INDICATE A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION. THE CONVECTION IS IN AN
ENVIRONMENT OF WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND ANIMATED WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY REVEALS FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.5S4
91.0E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 7.6S3 92.5E6. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS DISORGANIZED BUT PERSISTENT CONVECTION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POOR.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY ASSOCIATED WITH TROPICAL
CYCLONE (TC) 03S (ASTRIDE) AND LOCATED NEAR 13.2S6 43.8E5 HAS MOVED
OVER LAND AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADED PARA 2.B.(1) TO FAIR AND UPDATE PARA
2.B.(2) AND 2.B.(3).
FORECAST TEAM: COX/CANTRELL/PARKER/GLASS/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.