

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA13430
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:07:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA12839
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:02:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA47792;
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 00:36:52 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14545436 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 00:36:50 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA43684 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 00:36:49 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id AAA06136
for [email-masked]; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 00:36:21 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 30 Mar 2000 00:36:21 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000051e

907
WTIO20 FMEE 300600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 30/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
954 HPA
POSITION             : 16.8S/67.8E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM WITHIN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH/65.7 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.1 SOUTH/63.5 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  A LITTLE EYE HAS APPARED DURING THE LAST
HOURS. STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE RATHER
RAPID WESTWARD MOTION.=