

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA08954
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:57:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA25427
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:55:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA05191
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:50:54 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA35728;
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:33:29 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14374055 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:33:28 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA31920 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:30:55 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id KAA12106
for [email-masked]; Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:30:25 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:30:25 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 406a6013f75b1578b7d955324a7428ab

013
ABIO10 PGTW 311800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/311800Z JAN 00/011800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/310753Z JAN 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/310755Z JAN 00//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 310600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (CONNIE) WAS LOCATED AT
27.5S4 50.4E9, APPROXIMATELY 235 NM SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHERN TIP OF
MADAGASCAR, AND WAS MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 12 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED W
INDS ARE 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 310900)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 310600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 09S (KIRRILY) WAS LOCATED AT
23.5S0 105.3E9, ABOUT 480 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF LEARMONTH AUSTRALIA,
AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 02 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 35
KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 310900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.0S3
74.5E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.3S6 75.9E1, APPROXIMATELY 360 NM
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. A 311224Z3 TROPICAL RAINFALL MEASURING
MISSION (TRMM) PASS DEPICTED A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) WITH ASSOCIATED DEVELOPING CONVECTION CONFINED PRIMARILY TO
THE SOUTHWEST. 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES AN UPPER-LEVEL RIDGE
SITUATED OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1002
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.