

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA13060
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 17 Jan 2000 02:06:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA26247
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 17 Jan 2000 02:08:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA09196
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 17 Jan 2000 02:04:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA38846;
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:43:16 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14228128 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:43:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA08832 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:42:16 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA05076
for [email-masked]; Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:42:01 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:42:01 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-UIDL: 25582a6fd3a0ae150fb2074e51a37b3e
Status: O
X-Status:
X-Keywords:
X-UID: 45
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001

656
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/161800Z/171800Z JAN 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21.6S9
45.7E6 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER SOUTHERN MADAGASCAR.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A DECREASE IN
CONVECTION DUE TO INTERACTION WITH THE MOUNTAINOUS TERRAIN. UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS SHOWS HIGH VERTICAL WINDSHEAR TO THE SOUTH WHICH IS ALSO
WEAKENING THE SYSTEM. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/CANTRELL/PARKER/GLASS/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.