

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA28403
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:21:41 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA26400
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:23:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA26479
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:19:17 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA13276;
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:01:31 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14193538 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:01:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA34248 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:01:29 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA01128
for [email-masked]; Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:01:17 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:01:17 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 17d96fb6e95cd1ba2a00b2c49e585bf6

281
WTIO20 FMEE 121200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 038/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 28.5S/71.3E
(TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE
DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, UP TO 250 NM DISTANCE FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE, BUT
WINDS OF 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS ARE POSSIBLE LOCALLY UP
TO 120 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 30.3 SOUTH/73.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: EXTRATROPICAL
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS WEAKENED BUT STRONG WINDS
MAINTAIN IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT QUITE FAR FROM THE
CENTRE, DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT (HIGH) AND THE RAPID
SOUTHEASTWARD MOVEMENT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.