

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA04073
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:48:41 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA02775
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:43:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA36556;
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:06:34 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14546373 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:06:33 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA23744 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:06:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id EAA07640
for [email-masked]; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:06:03 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:06:03 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000053c

033
WTIO20 FMEE 300600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 30/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
954 HPA
POSITION             : 16.8S/67.8E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM WITHIN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH/65.7 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.1 SOUTH/63.5 EAST
WEAKENIN.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  A LITTLE EYE HAS APPARED DURING THE LAST
HOURS. STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE RATHER
RAPID WESTWARD MOTION.=