

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA26464
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:10:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA10715
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:11:45 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id VAA09466
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:07:46 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA47906;
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:47:06 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14184396 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:47:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA13078 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:47:04 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA11164
for [email-masked]; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:46:52 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:46:52 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 4b4711fa4dc2d7a102559d2bda994e16

117
WTIO20 FMEE 111200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 034/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 11/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.8S/68.4E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT
DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO TO 220 NM FROM THE
CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
MAINLY IN THE EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 26.8 SOUTH/69.7 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 29.3 SOUTH/72.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL TRACKS
SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD BUT ITS SPEED IS INCREASING. DUE TO THE
NORTHWESTERLY SHEAR, IT CONTINUES TO WEAKEN.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.