

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA26152
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Feb 2000 01:57:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA22745
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Feb 2000 01:55:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA07221
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Feb 2000 01:51:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA18348;
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:32:57 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14327691 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:32:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA18186 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:31:45 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA19603
for [email-masked]; Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:31:03 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:31:03 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 9a365dd77c26cd61671587c505e7d7b1

457
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/141351Z FEB 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 141200Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON-ELINE) WAS LOCATED
AT 18.2S1 58.6E9, AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 14 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 70 KNOTS GUSTING TO 85 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 141500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.5S0
99.5E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.5S0 101.4E6, APPROXIMATELY 310 NM
EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS WEAKENING CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS, HOWEVER,
CONVECTION REMAINS PERSISTENT ABOUT 200 NM NORTHWEST OF THE LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 141039Z8 SCATTEROMETER PASS SHOWS
AN ELONGATED LLCC WITH SPEED CONVERGENCE NORTH OF THE LLCC. UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC IS UNDER WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC IS UNDER THE UPPER-LEVEL
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15
TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1004 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.