

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA15840
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 14 Feb 2000 02:04:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA10945
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 14 Feb 2000 02:02:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA05799
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 14 Feb 2000 01:58:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA18966;
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:42:27 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14317289 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:42:25 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA34054 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:42:24 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA04656
for [email-masked]; Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:41:42 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:41:42 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: bec6ce111248366a20afae6b2644eabc

810
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/131351Z FEB 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 131200Z7 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON-ELINE) WAS LOCATED
AT 16.1S8 62.6E4, AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 50 KNOTS GUSTING TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 131500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.5S0
98.0E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.5S0 99.5E3, SOUTH OF SUMATRA.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS PERSISTENT CONVECTION ASSOCIATED
WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. A RECENT SCATTEROMETER PASS
INDICATES A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IN THE AREA. VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATED POSSIBLE MULTIPLE CIRCULATION CENTERS. UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS SHOWS WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA AND AN UPPER-
LEVEL ANTICYCLONE, ABOVE THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/PARKER/DAWSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.