

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA15964
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:31:53 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA15757
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:25:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA65200;
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:05:21 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14887712 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:05:20 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA39766 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:04:50 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA07101
for [email-masked]; Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:03:56 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:03:56 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000010c5

159
ABIO10 PGTW 251100
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251100Z/251800Z APR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF BROAD CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 9.5N4 95.0E4,
IN THE ANDAMAN SEA. ALTHOUGH SURFACE ANALYSIS INDICATES MOSTLY
LINEAR FLOW, ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY SUGGESTS CYCLONIC CURVATURE AT
THE MID LEVELS WITHIN THE DEVELOPING CONVECTION. 200 MB ANALYSIS
SUGGESTS FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT WITH WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.7S2
58.1E4, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7 53.5E3 NORTHWEST OF MAURITIUS.
ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY CONTINUES TO DEPICT THE REMNANTS OF
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (INNOCENTE) MAINTAINS A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) WITH SOME ASSOCIATED CONVECTION. 200 MB ANALYSIS
INDICATES MODERATE NORTHWESTERLIES OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.0S6
84.0E2 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADDED SUSPECT AREA IN PARA. 1.B.(1). NO OTHER
CHANGES.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/MAYER/TON//