

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA25914
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 30 Apr 2000 02:45:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA10087
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 30 Apr 2000 02:40:05 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA53124;
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 13:22:42 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14952115 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 29 Apr 2000 13:22:41 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA12402 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 29 Apr 2000 13:22:39 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id NAA13615
for [email-masked]; Sat, 29 Apr 2000 13:21:43 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 29 Apr 2000 13:21:43 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000102a

673
ABIO10 PGTW 291800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/291800Z/301800Z APR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.5S2
90.5E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.5S3 88.0E6, SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS THAT THE CONVECTION HAS
WEAKENED AND BECOME DISORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. SYNOPTIC
DATA INDICATES TROUGHING BENEATH THE CONVECTION. 200 MB ANALYSIS
REVEALED AN UPPER-LEVEL RIDGE EXTENDING OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS
POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/JACKSON/CUTMAN//