

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA02992
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 4 Jan 2000 02:41:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA08193
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 4 Jan 2000 02:42:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA27453
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 4 Jan 2000 02:38:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA08736;
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:23:19 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14109403 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:23:18 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA44010 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:22:56 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA24529
for [email-masked]; Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:22:51 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:22:51 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 6cdab3217071208d9b106782fb0fadaf

957
ABIO10 PGTW 031800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/031800Z/041800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/031621Z JAN 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.7S0
82.1E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.2S6 82.2E2 APPROXIMATELY 650 NM
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA AND IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF A). ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN AREAL COVERAGE OVER THE PAST 6
HOURS. A 031234Z3 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS
INDICATED DEEP CONVECTION DEVELOPING EAST THROUGH SOUTH OF A LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.6S3
92.5E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 7.5S2 93.2E4 ABOUT 340 NM NORTHWEST OF
THE COCOS ISLANDS. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A WEAK LLCC EMBEDDED IN A
NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS
PERSISTENT CONVECTION LOCATED TO THE NORTHWEST OF THE LLCC. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.