

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA05418
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:52:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA11303
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:53:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA26981
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:49:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA39604;
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 11:28:14 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14167730 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 11:28:13 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA38818 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 11:28:11 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA19301
for [email-masked]; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 11:28:02 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 9 Jan 2000 11:28:02 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 9a160b1386d579147c34b1151204b59f

028
ABIO10 PGTW 091700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/091800Z/101800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/090751Z JAN 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 090600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 04S (BABIOLA) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 18.1S0 69.0E5, ABOUT 660 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF
MAURITIUS, WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 75 KNOTS GUSTING TO 90 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING NR 8 WTXS31 PGTW 090900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 19.0S0 42.0E6, IN
THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL. A 090548Z6 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER
(SSM/I) PASS REVEALED A RELATIVELY SYMMETRIC AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION
WITH NO EVIDENCE OF LOW-LEVEL CLOUD LINES. ANIMATED VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICT CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED OVER THE PAST 6
HOURS. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS INDICATES LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE BENEATH
THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1005 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 13S4 129E2 ABOUT
60 NM OFF THE KIMBERLEY COAST OF AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS THE CONVECTION HAS MOVED OFF THE COAST
OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A MONSOON TROUGH
EXTENDING OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1005
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.