

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA00503
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:14:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA28683
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:12:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA15090
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:08:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA14052;
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:51:48 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14453446 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:51:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id AAA31946 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:51:45 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id AAA19005
for [email-masked]; Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:50:54 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:50:54 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: f5fcd1b287c2dde7fa971ff6228deb84

096
WTIO20 FMEE 240600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 24/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07  (EX-FELICIA)
998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 30.5S/63.8E
(THIRTY DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL
EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 24/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: EXTRATROPICAL
FORECASTED POSITION 25/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: EXTRATROPICAL
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STRONGLY SHEARED, AND
CONVECTION HAS ALMOST DISAPPEARED. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
EXTEND FAR TO THE SOUTH WITH THE GRADIENT DUE TO THE HIGH
PRESENT IN THE SOUTH.
FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM UNLESS REINTENSIFICATION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.