

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA05056
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 15:34:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA04452
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 15:36:26 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA09103
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 15:32:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA34160;
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 01:17:03 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14165097 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 01:17:02 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA31576 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 01:16:54 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id BAA16796
for [email-masked]; Sun, 9 Jan 2000 01:16:45 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 9 Jan 2000 01:16:45 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 758094ca8acca1e92d23c2c937ab12c9

181
WTIO20 FMEE 090600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 025/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 09/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
960 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.3S/68.9E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180
NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 19.6 SOUTH/66.9 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 21.1 SOUTH/65.5 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GOES ON WESTSOUTHWESTWARD, BUT
IT SHOULD TRACK MORE SOUTHWESTWARD DURING THE NEXT 24H.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.