

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA24683
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 15:55:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA24242
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 15:50:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA39922;
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:35:57 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14577504 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:35:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA55080 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:33:23 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id BAA20118
for [email-masked]; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:32:52 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:32:52 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000005ca

326
WTIO20 FMEE 010600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIN WNYTMMOZYEA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 01/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
915 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.7S/58.3E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL
THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/110 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
AROUND THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
80 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 16.1 SOUTH/55.9 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/53.4 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EXTENSION OF STRONGER WINDS REMAINS
RELATIVELY WEAK, WITH A DISYMMETRY IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND THE WESTWARD
MOVEMENT. THE TRACK HAS CURVED WESTNORTHWESTWARD.=