

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA26175
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 03:10:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA23718
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 03:11:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA10500
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 03:07:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA05840;
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:49:04 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14153421 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:49:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA39620 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:49:02 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA03862
for [email-masked]; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:48:53 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:48:53 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 2cc397c116f7fc0cf4ae96ba9f01eac7

709
WTIO20 FMEE 071800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 07/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.7S/75.8E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL
EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120
NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 16.6 SOUTH/73.5 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH/71.3 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL TRACKING
WESTSOUTHWESTWARD, INTENSIFYING SLIGTHLY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.