

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA29141
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:42:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA20395
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:39:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA02812
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:34:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA33400;
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:20:12 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14545545 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:20:11 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA24938 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:20:09 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id SAA00839
for [email-masked]; Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:20:06 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:20:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 9df342b6894b433544c093721f340334

644
WTIO20 FMEE 030000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 03/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.8S/85.4E
(FOURTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM FROM THE
CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND
ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 15.1 SOUTH/84.5 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 15.1 SOUTH/83.4 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL EASTERLY SHEARED IN
THE UPPER LEVELS, WHAT IT LIMITS ITS DEVELOPPEMENT AND KEEP
THE CONVECTION AT YHE WEST OF THE CENTRE. THE CENTRE SEEMS TO
BE ALMOST STATIONNARY, BUT ITS LOCATION IS NOT SURE ON THE
NIGHT SATELLITE IMAGERY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.