

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA29622
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:42:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA25359
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:40:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA05209
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:35:40 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA14588;
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:06:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14342857 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:06:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA41112 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:05:58 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id QAA17868
for [email-masked]; Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:05:15 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:05:15 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 7b065c2aeff8aa40226c91aa4c54311e

154
ABIO10 PGTW 152100
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/152100Z/161800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/151351Z FEB 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 151200Z9 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON-ELINE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 19.0S0 55.6E6, AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 151500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.5S1
104.0E5, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.2S8 102.0E3, APPROXIMATELY 200 NM
SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF CHRISTMAS ISLAND. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS WITH AN
APPARENT MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION. A 151707Z1 TROPICAL RAINFALL
MEASURING MISSION PASS INDICATES INCREASED CURVATURE OF THE
CONVECTIVE BANDS WRAPPING INTO THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC). SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS ALSO CONFIRMS THE PRESENCE OF A LLCC. UW-
CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC IS UNDER WEAK VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR AND HAS WEAK OUTFLOW ALOFT. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT
THE LLCC IS UNDER THE UPPER-LEVEL SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS
UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: RE-ISSUED TO UPGRADE AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.