

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA19368
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 20:27:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA26590
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 20:29:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA15692
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 20:25:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA16274;
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:09:58 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14159015 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:09:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA23920 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:09:49 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA11196
for [email-masked]; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:09:40 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:09:40 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: b75c99a99f55f0f0de287578d353ffdc

339
WTIO20 FMEE 081200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 08/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
965 HPA
POSITION             : 16.9S/72.0E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150
NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/69.8 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/68.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED DURING THE
LAST HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.