

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAQI6Br26484
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 27 Nov 2000 02:06:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAQI54M09755
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 27 Nov 2000 02:05:05 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAQHnKE33782;
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:49:20 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15784794 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:49:19 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAQHlcE06018
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:47:38
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA19566
for [email-masked]; Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:46:15 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:46:15 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000d985

179
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z NOV 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/261351Z NOV 00//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 261200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 03B WAS LOCATED NEAR 8.9N7
90.5E4, APPROXIMATELY 540 NM EAST OF SRI LANKA, AND WAS MOVING
NORTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 261500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.5N3 65.5E6
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.3N2 61.0E7, ABOUT 640 NM EAST OF THE NORTHERN
TIP OF SOMALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A
DEFINITE MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER WITH ISOLATED CONVECTION WEST
AND SOUTH OF THE CENTER. A 261344Z0 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER
PASS DEPICTS POORLY ORGANIZED CONVECTION WITH A POSSIBLE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) EAST OF THE MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
A 261358Z5 QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER PASS DEPICTS A WEAK LLCC ABOUT 60-
90 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THE 200
MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC IS SOUTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE AXIS AND UNDER DIFFLUENT FLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED
TO POOR.
(2) THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
NEAR 8.0N8 93.3E5 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.
SEE PARA 1.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//