

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA06047
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 22 Apr 2000 01:33:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA10501
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 22 Apr 2000 01:27:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA53156;
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:12:39 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14846314 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:12:38 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA36498 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:12:36 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA13137
for [email-masked]; Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:11:46 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:11:46 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000df6

386
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z APR 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/211351Z APR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 211200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (PAUL) WAS LOCATED NEAR
15.3S9 92.1E2, APPROXIMATELY 335 NM SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS,
AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW
211500) FOR FINAL WARNING.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.0S8
66.5E7, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.7S4 64.5S5 NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS.
ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY CONTINUES TO DEPICT THE REMNANTS OF
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (INNOCENTE) AS AN EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC). THE LLCC CONTINUES TO REMAIN IN AN UNFAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/NEAULT//