

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA26934
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:47:53 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id RAA14543
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:42:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA14522;
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:21:08 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14900294 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:21:07 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA18088 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:21:04 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id EAA00821
for [email-masked]; Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:20:11 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:20:11 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000f2b

950
ABIO10 PGTW 261000
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261000Z/261800Z APR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.5N4
95.0E4 HAS BEEN RELOCATED TO A POSITION NEAR 9.0N9 88.0E6, OVER THE
BAY OF BENGAL. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED IMAGERY DEPICT AN
INCREASE IN AREAL COVERAGE OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA
INDICATES TROUGHING BENEATH THE CONVECTION. 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS
THE UPPER-LEVEL RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF WEAK CONVECTION RESULTING FROM A BROAD LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) IS LOCATED NEAR 13.5N9 94.0E3, IN
THE NORTHERN ANDAMAN SEA. THIS AREA HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN ASSOCIATED
WITH THE SUSPECT AREA IN PARA. 1.B.(1), BUT ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY
INDICATES THE LLCC HAD SEPARATED FROM THE PRIMARY CONVECTION AND
STARTED DRIFTING TOWARDS THE NORTHEAST. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7
53.5E3 NORTHEAST OF MADAGASCAR HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER
SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADDED SUSPECT AREA IN PARA. 1.B.(2). NO OTHER
CHANGES.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/MAYER/TON//