

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA10983
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 20 Apr 2000 02:32:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA06380
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 20 Apr 2000 02:27:05 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA41998;
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:04:53 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14815084 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:04:52 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id NAA35264 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:04:27 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id NAA25107
for [email-masked]; Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:03:39 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:03:39 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000d3e

853
ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/191800Z/201800Z APR 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/191351Z APR 00//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/190753Z APR 00//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/190752Z APR 00//
NARR/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 191200Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (PAUL) WAS LOCATED NEAR
14.7S2 94.8E1, APPROXIMATELY 200 NM SOUTHWEST OF COCOS ISLAND,
AND WAS QUASI-STATIONARY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
65 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 191500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 190600Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (INNOCENTE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 18.0S9 70.3E0, AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE
REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 190900) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
(3) AT 190600Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 27S (ROSITA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
17.6S4 120.6E9, ABOUT 200 NM NORTHEAST OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA,
AND WAS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 06 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 90 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 110 KNOTS. SEE REF C
(WTXS33 PGTW 190900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 18.2S1 69.7E2,
APPROXIMATELY 714 NM EAST OF MAURITIUS. THIS AREA IS THE REMNANT OF
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (INNOCENTE). SEE REF B FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A WELL-DEFINED BROAD
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER WITH ISOLATED DEEP CONVECTION
RE-DEVELOPING SOUTH OF THE LLCC. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MORRIS/TON//