

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA25741
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 03:10:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA25151
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 03:03:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e71Ioco30890;
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:50:38 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15640522 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:50:36 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e71Io5o17780
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:50:06 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id NAA06697
for [email-masked]; Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:47:46 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:47:46 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400003a81

632
ABIO10 PGTW 011700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z AUG 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.1S7
78.9E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 6.4S0 78.2E7, ABOUT 344 NM EAST-NORTHEAST
OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A
PARTIALLY-EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST OF THE LLCC. THE UW-
CIMSS ANALYSIS AND THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATE THAT THE LLCC IS
NORTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS AND IS UNDER MODERATE VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR. HOWEVER, THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THERE IS
DIFFLUENT NORTHEASTERLY FLOW OVER THE LLCC. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//