

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAF2XOp15795
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:33:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAF2WRY18802
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:32:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAF2CqE30022;
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:12:52 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 17055583 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:12:50 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAF2CLE14588
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:12:21
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id UAA17561
for [email-masked]; Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:11:08 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:11:08 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000b701

749
ABIO10 PGTW 150100
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/150100Z/151800Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.6S5
80.3E1, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10.1S2 82.9E9 EAST7SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO
GARCIA. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES AN INCREASE IN
CONVECTION WITH GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT, ALTHOUGH NO CYCLONIC TURNING IS
EVIDENT IN THE IMAGERY. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PRODUCT
INDICATES MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
3.  JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADE 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//