

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA28631
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:48:45 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id EAA26166
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:43:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA57740;
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 14:18:53 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14333673 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 12 Mar 2000 14:18:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA59708 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 Mar 2000 14:18:34 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id OAA24319
for [email-masked]; Sun, 12 Mar 2000 14:18:20 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 12 Mar 2000 14:18:20 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: The Southwest  Indian Ocean
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000000cc

379
WTIO20 FMEE 121043
BULLETIN FOR CYCLONIC ACTIVITY AND SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER IN
THE SOUTHWEST  INDIAN OCEAN

DATE:  00/03/12 AT 1200 UTC

PART 1 :
WARNING SUMMARY : NIL.

PART 2 :
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION  :

WEAK ACTIVITY TODAY IN THE SOUTHWEST INDIAN OCEAN, HOWEVER, CAN BE
DETECTED :

1) AN AREA OF WEAK TO MODERATE AND FLUCTUATING CONVECTION IN THE
NORTH OF THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL, WICH HAS PERSISTED FOR THE LAST 72
HOURS, ALONG THE AFRICAN COAST. A WEAK CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION EXISTS
AROUND A LOW, DETERMINATED WITH DIFFICULTY AND PROBABLY SITUATED ON
LAND NEAR 18 SOUTH AND 36 EAST. ASSOCIATED WINDS REACH 15 TO 20 KT
OVER SEAS, BUT WITH STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

1) SEVERAL LOWS ARE PRESENT BUT ASSOCIATED CONVECTION IS VERY WEAK
OR ALMOST ABSENT. SEA LEVEL PRESSURES REMAIN HIGH ANB ASSOCIATED
WINDS ARE WEAK. SO, 4 WEAK CLOCKWISE CIRCULATIONS CAN BE DETECTED
ON SATELLITE INDOEX IMAGERY. THE 1  BY 13 SOUTH AND 60 EAST, THE 2
BY 11 SOUTH AND 74 EAST, THE 3  BY 15,5 EAST AND 75 EAST AND THE 4
BY 18,5 SOUTH AND 89 EAST. NWP MODELS DO NOT DEVELOP ANY
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL SYSTEMS AT SHORT RANGE.

FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS, POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A TROPICAL
DEPRESSION
REMAINS POOR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.