

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e9CI5NK08046
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 13 Oct 2000 02:05:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id e9CI4ne11374
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 13 Oct 2000 02:04:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e9CHfZE30290;
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:41:35 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 16559349 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:41:33 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e9CHfSE28474
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:41:29
-0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA28749
for [email-masked]; Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:40:50 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:40:50 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400005658

649
ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800Z/131800Z OCT 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.1N6
67.3E6 HAS WEAKENED SIGNIFICANTLY AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED FOR
POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 14.2N7 91.0E0 IN
THE BAY OF BENGAL. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS
UNORGANIZED CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK TO MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. SYNOPTIC DATA AND A RECENT
MICROWAVE IMAGE INDICATE A POSSIBLE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS
ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/WAUGAMAN/JACKSON/HARRISON//