

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA11211
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:57:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA00642
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:50:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e72Cdio12358;
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:39:45 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15652142 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:39:43 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e72Cdfo30252
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:39:41 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id HAA21255
for [email-masked]; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:37:21 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:37:21 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400003ae4

831
WTIO20 FMEE 021200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 02/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 6.2S/77.4E
(SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL FOUR
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : FREQUENT SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 250
NM IN THE WESTERN AND SOUTHWESTERN SECTORS AND MORE LOCALLY
IN THE SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN SECTORS.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 220 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 6.3 SOUTH/76.7 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 6.7 SOUTH/76.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRENGHT OF WINDS AND EXTENSION OF NEAR
GALE FORCE WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR VALIDATED BY AN ERS
SWATH ACQUIRED AT 0453 UTC. PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE
SUBTROPICAL HIGH IS SLIGHTLY SLACKENING WITH THE PASSAGE OF A
BAROMETRIC COL SOUTH OF 20S..=