

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA23679
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:11:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA06991
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:04:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e726WMo24476;
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 01:32:22 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15650187 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 01:32:21 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e726W1o17790
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 01:32:01 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id BAA17612
for [email-masked]; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 01:29:41 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 2 Aug 2000 01:29:41 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400003acb

273
WTIO20 FMEE 020600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 02/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 6.2S/77.2E
(SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL TWO
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 220 NM IN THE
WESTERN, SOUTHERN AND LOCALLY SOUTHEASTERN SECTORS.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 200 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/08/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 6.3 SOUTH/77.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 6.4 SOUTH/76.5 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGER WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE
TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH. THE
SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTLY WEAKENED DURING THE PAST 24 HOURS.=