

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA14346
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 09:10:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA22408
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 09:11:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA21288
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 8 Jan 2000 09:07:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA14416;
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:48:04 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14156535 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:48:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA05700 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:48:02 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id SAA08779
for [email-masked]; Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:47:53 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:47:53 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 7157c752a0472e7fd14e7c3d9bbc1b36

435
WTIO20 FMEE 080000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 08/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.7S/75.0E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL
ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
WESTERN AND SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100
NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 16.3 SOUTH/73.1 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/71.3 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL TRACKING
WESTSOUTHWESTWARD, INTENSIFYING SLIGTHLY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.