

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA09168
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 3 Feb 2000 06:22:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA05092
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 3 Feb 2000 06:20:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id GAA19966
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 3 Feb 2000 06:16:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA15106;
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:54:22 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14408044 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:54:22 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA54766 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:54:20 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id PAA06792
for [email-masked]; Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:53:48 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:53:48 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: e1f0edd363b18f90f11784a481495f10

010
ABIO10 PGTW 021800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/021800Z/031800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/020753Z FEB 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/020751Z FEB 00//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 020600Z8, TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (CONNIE) WAS LOCATED AT
33.4S0 54.5E4, APPROXIMATELY 670 NM SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHERN TIP OF
MADAGASCAR, AND WAS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32
PGTW 020900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 020600Z8, TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (DAMIENNE) WAS LOCATED
AT 16.2S9 76.9E2, ABOUT 590 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND
WAS MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS33 PGTW 020900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.0S6
78.4E9, APPROXIMATELY 580 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, IS NOW THE
SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE REF B (WTXS33 PGTW
020900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 11.7S9 112.5E9,
200 NM SOUTH OF JAVA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
PERSISTENT CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS
SHOWS AN ELONGATED WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITHIN
THE MONSOON TROUGH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.