

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAA92Eq19623
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:02:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAA91Kn29384
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:01:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAA8grE25062;
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:42:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 16990042 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:42:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id eAA8gpE25044
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:42:51
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id CAA14285
for [email-masked]; Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:41:44 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:41:44 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000a953

609
ABIO10 PGTW 100900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/100900Z/101800Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.6S4
86.5E9 IN THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.4S3
85.6E9. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATES A POSSIBLE ELONGATED LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
CONVECTION HAS INCREASE OVER THE PAST FEW HOURS, BUT A BROAD
MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION REMAINS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED

AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1005
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADE 2.B.(1) TO FAIR
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//