

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id HAA19839
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 07:06:46 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id HAA24351
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 07:01:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA61196;
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:30:53 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14519420 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:30:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA35578 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:30:50 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id QAA06372
for [email-masked]; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:30:22 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:30:22 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000004ab

608
ABIO10 PGTW 282230
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/282230Z/291800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/281351Z MAR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.0N1
87.0E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.ON2 87.5E0, ABOUT 395 NM NORTHEAST OF
SRI LANKA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS AN INCREASE
IN ORGANIZATION AND IN AREAL COVERAGE OVER THE PAST 4 HOURS. 200 MB
ANALYSIS CONTINUES TO INDICATE STRONG DIFFLUENCE OVER THE REGION.
IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA SHOW THAT THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
HAS MOVED BENEATH THE SOUTHERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS
UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 281200Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S (HUDAH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
15.5S1 76.1E4, IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AND WAS MOVING WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
100 KNOTS GUSTING TO 125 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 281500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADED PARA 1.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/HERRON/WHITCOMB/CUTMAN//