

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA08650
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:48:42 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA03063
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:47:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id DAA28561
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:42:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA16288;
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:53:14 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14445197 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:53:13 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA35660 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:52:45 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA08069
for [email-masked]; Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:51:54 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:51:54 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 7f8c174295fb0db824d93caab5b2c75e

584
WTIO20 FMEE 231800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 23/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 07  (FELICIA )
984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 28.1S/65.3E
(TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE
DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  16 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 200 NM OF THE
CENTRE IN THE  SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, BUT EXTENDING VERY
LOCALLY UP TO 450 NM.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
EASTERN SECTOR, AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.

FORECASTED POSITION 24/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 29.9 SOUTH/63.6 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 30.3 SOUTH/61.1 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STROGLY NORTHWESTERLY
SHEARED, AND CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED. IT SHOULD GO ON
WEAKENING AND TRACK MORE SOUTHWESTWARD.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.