

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA24376
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 05:47:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id FAA25252
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Apr 2000 05:42:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA65264;
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:26:34 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14571201 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:26:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA21984 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:26:31 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id PAA14587
for [email-masked]; Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:26:00 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:26:00 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000005af

523
WTIO20 FMEE 311800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIZSUOOGCNG IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 028/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 31/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
927 HPA
POSITION             : 17.1S/60.6E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
WESTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
80 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/58.2 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/56.0 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THIS SYSTEM REMAINS VERY CONCENTRATED AND
EXTENSION OF STRONGER WINDS IS RELATIVELY WEAK. IT HAS
INTENSIFYED OVER  THE LAST HOURS, AND SHOWS A VERY WELL
DEFINED LITTLE EYE.
ITS TRACK HAS REMAINED REGULARLY WESTWARD.=