

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA13597
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 02:51:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA15735
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 02:46:05 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA35212;
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:18:01 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14516009 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:18:00 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA57450 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:17:47 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA28984
for [email-masked]; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:17:19 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:17:19 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000049f

983
WTIO20 FMEE 281800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 28/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.9S/74.9E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL
NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM IN
THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 16.7 SOUTH/72.9 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH/70.9 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE TRACK IS REGULAR. NEAR GALE FORCE
WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE
DUE TO THE FAST TRACKING AND THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=