

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA10242
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:16:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA16803
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:15:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA01199
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:10:45 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA22922;
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:46:51 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14280413 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:46:50 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA10878 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:46:49 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id SAA09182
for [email-masked]; Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:46:11 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:46:11 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Status: U
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 9a60ed8552132c29798e775b26179209

035
WTIO20 FMEE 100000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 10/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE)EX-LEON
984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.2S/80.6E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL SIX
DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
WESTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS, AND LOCALLY UP TO 320 NM IN THE
NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND EVEN LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/77.5 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 18.1 SOUTH/74.6 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS (NEAR GALE FORCE) EXTEND FAR
IN THE SOUTH DUE TO A STRONG HIGH.
THE TRACK IS STILL WESTWARD. CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED DURING THE
NIGHT.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.