

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA28456
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:28:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA13575
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:23:46 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA18736;
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:00:40 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14540415 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:00:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA46510 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:57:20 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id SAA02810
for [email-masked]; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:56:52 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:56:52 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000004fd

606
WTIO20 FMEE 300000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 30/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
954 HPA
POSITION             : 17.0S/68.7E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT
0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH/66.3 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 18.1 SOUTH/63.7 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE
RATHER RAPID WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOVEMENT.=