

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA13955
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 2 Apr 2000 16:05:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id PAA05358
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 2 Apr 2000 15:59:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA39928;
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 01:44:19 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14588419 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 2 Apr 2000 01:44:18 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA26600 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 2 Apr 2000 01:44:17 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id BAA28550
for [email-masked]; Sun, 2 Apr 2000 01:43:45 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 2 Apr 2000 01:43:45 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000610

334
WTIO20 FMEE 020600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 034/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 02/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : VERY INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )

905 HPA
POSITION             : 15.7S/52.9E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 160 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 MN OF THE
CENTRE IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/120 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
WITHIN 30 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 120
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
150 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/50.4 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.0 SOUTH/48.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED DURING LAST
NIGHT. IT SHOULD LAND ON MADAGASCAR IN THE FIRST PART OF THE
NEXT NIGHT, IN THE VICINITY OF ANTALAHA.=