

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA02042
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:05:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA06440
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 3 Aug 2000 08:59:05 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e730m4o16124;
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:48:04 -0500
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15661067 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:48:02 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id e730m0o32998
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:48:00 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id TAA07894
for [email-masked]; Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:45:40 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:45:40 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400003b21

686
WTIO20 FMEE 030000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THUSDAY 03/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 7.9S/75.3E

MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST AT 12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : FREQUENT SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 350
NM IN THE WESTERN SEMI6CIRCLE AND MORE LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN
THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 220 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 8.8 SOUTH/74.6 EAST
INCREASING INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 9.2 SOUTH/73.5 EAST
INCREASING INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS SOUTSOUTHWESTWARD MORE
RAPIDLY. THE CONVECTION HAS INCREASED BUT REMAINS BADLY ORGANISED.
DURING THE NIGHT, THE LOCATION OF THE CENTRE REMAINS UNCERTAIN.=