

by uxmail.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA25275
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Feb 2000 02:45:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from mailgw.ust.hk (mailgw.ust.hk [143.89.14.35])
by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA10791
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Feb 2000 02:44:00 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA26214
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Feb 2000 02:38:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA25414;
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:11:57 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14379302 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:11:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA25386 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:11:53 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id MAA15403
for [email-masked]; Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:11:08 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:11:08 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 3e11e0e8428a14eab1e88a28cc8aacac

048
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/181351Z FEB 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/180451Z FEB 00//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 181200Z2 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON-ELINE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 19.5N5 44.8E6, AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 15 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 181500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.5S
104.2E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.6S2 103.7E1, APPROXIMATELY 450 NM
EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS. THIS AREA IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF
A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF B). ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A FULLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) WITH SOME ISOLATED DEEP CONVECTION ABOUT 80 NM
NORTHWEST OF THE LLCC. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS
NOW UNDER MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. HOWEVER, SYNOPTIC
AND SCATTEROMETRY DATA CONTINUE TO SHOW A TIGHTLY WOUND LLCC WITH 25
TO 30 KNOT WINDS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1001 MB. SEE REF B
(WTXS22 PGTW 180500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.0S4
81.0E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.0S5 76.5E8, APPROXIMATELY 460 NM
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS POORLY ORGANIZED NON-PERSISTENT CONVECTION FORMING NEAR A
WEAK BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A RECENT
SCATTEROMETER PASS INDICATES AN ELONGATED LLCC SITUATED WITHIN THE
TROUGH. HOWEVER, IMAGERY DOES INDICATE THAT THE AREA HAS GOOD
OUTFLOW ALOFT. UW-CIMSS CHARTS INDICATE THAT THE REGION IS UNDER
WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1005 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.