

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA10569
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 02:06:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA13739
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2000 02:01:41 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA36584;
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:41:42 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14515526 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:41:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA57554 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:38:09 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA27826
for [email-masked]; Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:37:41 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:37:41 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40000049c

395
ABIO10 PGTW 281800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/281800Z/291800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/281351Z MAR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.0N8
90.0E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10.0N1 87.0E5, ABOUT 360 NM NORTHEAST OF
SRI LANKA. ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
MAINLY MID/HIGH CLOUDS WELL EAST OF THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER, (LLCC), JUST WEST OF THE ANDAMAN ISLANDS. 200 MB ANALYSIS
INDICATES STRONG DIFFLUENCE OVER THE REGION EAST OF THE LLCC AND
LIGHT TO MODERATE SOUTHERLY VERTICAL SHEAR OVER THE LLCC. SYNOPTIC
DATA SHOWS AN ELONGATED LLCC WITH STRONGER GRADIENT WINDS CONFINED
TO THE NORTHERN HALF OF THE SYSTEM. A 281141Z7 SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS FAILED TO REVEAL A CIRCULATION WEST OF THE
ANDAMANS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 281200Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S (HUDAH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
15.5S1 76.1E4, IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AND WAS MOVING WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
100 KNOTS GUSTING TO 125 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 281500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/HERRON/WHITCOMB/CUTMAN//