

by imaila.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id CAA26472
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 19 Mar 2000 02:01:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA25382
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 19 Mar 2000 01:56:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA68862;
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:43:13 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 14404315 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:43:12 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA32396 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:41:34 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA27435
for [email-masked]; Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:41:14 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:41:14 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400000245

346
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/181351Z MAR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING/
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 181200Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (OLGA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
19.6S6 108.4E3 APPROXIMATELY 358 NM NORTHWEST OF LEARMONTH,
AUSTRALIA AND WAS MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 45 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 181500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.2S5
128.5E6 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY APPROXIMATELY 130 NM
WEST OF DARWIN, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS PERSISTENT POORLY ORGANIZED CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC DATA
CONTINUES TO INDICATE A BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC).
THE 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS THAT THE LLCC IS NORTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE AXIS, AND IS UNDER MODERATE EASTERLY FLOW AND UPPER-LEVEL
DIFFLUENCE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//