

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f06I8IC13694
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 7 Jan 2001 02:08:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f06I6io27978
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 7 Jan 2001 02:06:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f06HnVE19014;
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:49:31 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15934447 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:49:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f06HnSE23350
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:49:29 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA10645 for [email-masked]; Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:49:28 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:49:28 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001519d

242
WTIO20 FMEE 061800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 06/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 04   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.0S/78.8E
(TEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL
EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 300 NM FROM
THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY IN
THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 10.8 SOUTH/77.0 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 11.6 SOUTH/75.5 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS FLUCTUATING AND THE LOW
LEVEL CENTRE, WHICH IS ON THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTIVE
MASS, IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE.