

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id fB3I9Ag12116
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 4 Dec 2001 02:09:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id fB3IBxR30948
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 4 Dec 2001 02:12:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fB3Hvj614244;
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:57:45 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 362062 for [email-masked]; Mon, 3 Dec
2001 11:57:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fB3Hvd634198 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:57:40 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA16199 for [email-masked]; Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:57:38 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:57:38 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400021434

ABIO10 PGTW 031800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/031800Z/041800Z DEC 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/030751Z DEC 01/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE CIRCULATION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5.0N5 85.0E3 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 6.3N9 78.9E4, APPROXIMATELY 65 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF
SRI LANKA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS CONTINUED
CYCLING CONVECTION OVER THE AREA. A 031305Z2 RECENT SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS REVEALS THAT THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
IS WEAK WITH LITTLE ASSOCIATED CONVECTION. 200MB ANAL INDICATES THAT
THERE IS WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE REGION WITH GOOD
ANTICYCLONIC OUTFLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 12 TO
18 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.3N9
56.4E5, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 6.3N9 54.7E6, APPROXIMATELY 340 NM EAST
OF SOMALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS THAT THE
CONVECTION HAS SUBSTATIONALLY DECREASED OVER THE LAST 12 HOURS. A
031447Z9 SSMI PASS INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS NOW A BROAD LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION. 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS THAT THE AREA IS IN A REGION OF
FAVORABLE VERTICAL SHEAR WITH WEAK DIVERGENCE ALOFT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 12 TO 18 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED
TO POOR.
(3) NO OTHER DISTURBANCES.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 030600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BESSI-BAKO) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 17.7S5 86.0E4, APPROXIMATELY 700 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE
COCOS ISLANDS, AND WAS DRIFTING SOUTHWARD AT 2 KNOTS DURING THE PAST
SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 70 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 85 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 030900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/ROBERTS/HARRISON/EDBERG/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.