

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2SI8Am01223
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 29 Mar 2001 02:08:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2SI7pZ05903
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 29 Mar 2001 02:07:52 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2SHqum08812;
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:52:56 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16760686 for [email-masked]; Wed, 28
Mar 2001 11:52:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2SHqem26974 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:52:41 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA16208 for [email-masked]; Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:52:37 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:52:37 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001ab91

ABIO10 PGTW 281800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/281800Z/291800Z MAR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.5S2
81.7E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.5S3 78.0E5, APPROXIMATELY 333 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. INFRARED AND VISIBLE ANIMATION DEPICT
DEEP CONVECTION ON THE WESTERN SIDE OF A BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC). A RECENT SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS
REVEALED WEAK LOW-LEVEL INFLOW INTO AN ELONGATED LLCC. THE 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS REMAINS POLEWARD OF
THE SUSPECT AREA. LIGHT TO MODERATE DIFFLUENT UPPER EASTERLIES
EXTEND OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 12
TO 18 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/HARRISON/WAUGAMAN/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.