

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f4L8krd25446
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 May 2001 16:46:53 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f4L8he200575
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 May 2001 16:43:40 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f4L7Dt332688;
Mon, 21 May 2001 02:13:55 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17546577 for [email-masked]; Mon, 21
May 2001 02:13:55 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f4L7Ds327610 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 May 2001 02:13:54 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
CAA08368 for [email-masked]; Mon, 21 May 2001 02:13:57 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 21 May 2001 02:13:57 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Formation Of A Significant Tropical Cyclone Is
Possible Within
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001bf79

WTIO22 PGTW 210730
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
A 225 NM RADIUS OF 15.4N0 70.9E6 WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED
TO BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 210630Z2 INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 14.0N5 68.8E2. THE SYSTEM IS
MOVING EAST-NORTHEASTWARD AT 14 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS:
THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.2N6 64.0E0 IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 14.0N5 68.8E2, IN THE ARABIAN SEA. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND
INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES A DEVELOPING LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) WITH PERSISTENT BANDING CONVECTION. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS
INDICATES THE DISTURBANCE IS NEAR THE CENTER OF A WEAK UPPER LEVEL
ANTICYCLONE WITH GOOD OUTFLOW. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATE
D AT 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPI
CAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS NOW UPGRADED TO GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
220730Z4.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.