

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3PHwVJ22916
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 26 Apr 2001 01:58:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3PHw5l13119
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 26 Apr 2001 01:58:06 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3PHcv304898;
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:38:57 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17182372 for [email-masked]; Wed, 25
Apr 2001 12:38:56 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3PHcu334552 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:38:56 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA02707 for [email-masked]; Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:38:58 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:38:58 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001b7c4

ABIO10 PGTW 251800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z APR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.0S6
78.6E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 7.4S1 76.6E9, APPROXIMATELY 260 NM EAST
OF DIEGO GARCIA. ENHANCED INFRARED AND VISIBLE ANIMATION
DEPICT CONTINUED WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS ASSOCIATED WITH A NEAR
EQUATORIAL TROUGH. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATES A BROAD LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER PERSISTS JUST EQUATORWARD OF A REGION OF
CONVECTION EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS
INDICATES THAT THE DISTURBANCE REMAINS EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER
RIDGE AXIS UNDER MODERATE NORTHEASTERLY WINDS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/MORRIS/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.