

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2DHrqR16521
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 14 Mar 2001 01:53:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by cclnx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2DHkoI26709
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 14 Mar 2001 01:46:51 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2DHsem23516;
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:54:40 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16565307 for [email-masked]; Tue, 13
Mar 2001 11:54:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2DHsem25496 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:54:40 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA09750 for [email-masked]; Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:54:38 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:54:38 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001a779

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z MAR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
NEAR 12.5N8 95.0E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.5N8 93.0E2, OVER ANDAMAN
ISLAND IN THE ANDAMAN SEA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS POORLY ORGANIZED, CYCLING CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.
HOWEVER, A 131211Z9 QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER PASS DEPICTS A WELL-
DEFINED, SLIGHTLY ELONGATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
15 TO 25 KNOT-WINDS. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC IS
UNDER THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1004 MB. BASED ON THE FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT, THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2
95.0E4 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY NORTHWEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS POORLY ORGANIZED
CONVECTION NEAR THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). RECENT
QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER DATA AND SYNOPTIC DATA DEPICT A WEAK LLCC
WITHIN THE NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH. A 131433Z5 SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICTS A BROAD LLCC WITH ISOLATED CONVECTION
SOUTH OF THE LLCC. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC IS
EQUATORWARD OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS, UNDER MODERATE EASTERLY
FLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/JACKSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.