

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f322n2013100
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:49:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f322mIZ12858
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:48:19 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f322bHm26332;
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:37:17 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16816663 for [email-masked]; Sun, 1
Apr 2001 21:37:17 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f322bGm17714 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:37:16 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
VAA06760 for [email-masked]; Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:37:18 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:37:18 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001ad15

ABIO10 PGTW 020200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/020200Z/021800Z APR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.0S9
64.4E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.1S0 63.0E9 OVER THE SOUTHWEST INDIAN
OCEAN. VISIBLE AND INFRARED ANIMATION DEPICT THAT COVERAGE AND
ORGANIZATION OF THE CONVECTION HAS CHANGED LITTLE DURING THE PAST 24
HOURS. NO DEFINITIVE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS EVIDENT IN
EITHER THE ANIMATION IMAGERY OR THE 010427Z4 SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS. 200 MB ANAL REVEALS THAT THE SUSPECT AREA HAS
REMAINED EQUATORWARD OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 12 TO 18 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 7.8S5 80.0E8 EAST
OF DIEGO GARCIA OVER THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. VISIBLE AND INFRARED
ANIMATION DEPICT WEAK, DISORGANIZED CONVECTION, HOWEVER, A RECENT
QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATED A BROAD LLCC EMBEDDED ON THE NEAR EQUATORIAL
TROUGH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.4S5
109.9E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.7S6 108.0E9 SOUTH OF JAVA. MULTI-
SPECTRAL ANIMATION DEPICTS SIGNIFICANT ORGANIZATION DURING THE PAST
FEW HOURS. IMAGERY ALSO SHOWS INDICATIONS OF WEAK BANDING
FORMATION. OUTFLOW CONTINUES TO IMPROVE ALOFT PARTICULARLY OVER THE
SOUTHWEST QUADRANT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO
25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006
MB. THEREFORE, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADED PARA 2.B.(3) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WILSON/CUTMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.