

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f382CKs08408
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 8 Apr 2001 10:12:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f382B2Z07702
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 8 Apr 2001 10:11:02 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f382DMm03586;
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 21:13:22 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16911369 for [email-masked]; Sat, 7
Apr 2001 21:13:22 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f382DLm03584 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 7 Apr 2001 21:13:21 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
VAA24850 for [email-masked]; Sat, 7 Apr 2001 21:13:23 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 7 Apr 2001 21:13:23 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001af1b

WTXS33 PGTW 080300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S (EVARISTE) WARNING NR 011
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
080000Z8 --- NEAR 22.9S3 60.6E2
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 05 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 085 NM
REPEAT POSIT: 22.9S3 60.6E2
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
081200Z1 --- 22.9S3 59.8E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 070 NM
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 215 DEG/ 08 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
090000Z9 --- 24.3S9 58.8E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 175 DEG/ 21 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
091200Z2 --- 28.5S5 59.4E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
080300Z1 POSITION NEAR 22.9S3 60.4E0.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 18S (EVARISTE), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 230 NM
SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF RODRIGUES ISLAND, HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 05 KTS
DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
072330Z5 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
UPON CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 AND 40 KTS. ANIMATED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED
WITH TC 18S IS COMPLETELY EXPOSED NORTH OF THE DEEP CONVECTION AND
IS TRACKING SLOWLY WESTWARD. TC 18S WILL CONTINUE TO TRACK WESTWARD
OVER THE NEXT 12 HOURS IN RESPONSE TO LOW-LEVEL STEERING GENERATED
BY A HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM TO THE SOUTHEAST. AFTER 12 HOURS TC 18S
WILL BEGIN A SLOW TURN TOWARD THE SOUTH-SOUTHEAST AS IT BEGINS TO
MERGE WITH AN EXTRATROPICAL LOW-PRESSURE CENTER CURRENTLY LOCATED
NEAR SOUTHERN MADAGASCAR THAT WILL TRACK EASTWARD OVER THE NEXT 72
HOURS. TC 18S WILL DISSIPATE AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER
WATER AND MERGE WITH THIS EXTRATROPICAL LOW BY 36 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 071800Z6 IS 18 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT
080900Z7 AND 091500Z5. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (WALTER)
WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.