

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id fBUHeSF00969
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:40:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id fBUHhMw81623
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:43:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fBUHRO635874;
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:27:24 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 638591 for [email-masked]; Sun, 30
Dec 2001 11:27:24 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fBUHRN641934 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:27:23 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA04204 for [email-masked]; Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:27:20 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:27:20 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400021c7c

ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/301800Z/311800Z DEC 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS OF
TYPHOON 32W (VAMEI) PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3.6N9 95.4E8, IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 5.3N8 90.8E7, APPROXIMATELY 260 NM WEST OF SUMATRA.
ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATED THAT THE
SYSTEM HAS BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED IN THE PAST SIX HOURS, WITH A
POSSIBLE BANDING FEATURE NORTH OF THE CIRCULATION. A RECENT TROPICAL
RAINFALL MEASUREMENT MISSION (TRMM) PASS REVEALED LOW LEVEL BANDING
INDICATIVE OF AT LEAST A 25 KNOT SYSTEM. UPPER AIR ANALYSIS REVEALS
THAT THE AREA IS UNDER FAVORABLE OUTFLOW ALOFT WITH WEAK TO MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1004
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19.5S5
36.0E9, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 20.0N2 35.9E7, APPROXIMATELY 90 NM EAST
OF BEIRA, MOZAMBIQUE. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATED
THAT THE AREA IS WITHIN A TROUGH, WHILE THERE IS A POSSIBLE LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) ON THE WESTERN SIDE OF THE DEEP
CONVECTION. A 301323Z2 TRMM PASS REVEALS THAT THERE IS LITTLE
ORGANIZATION IN THE LOW LEVEL FLOW OR CONVECTIVE FEATURES. 200 MB
ANALYSIS AND UW CIMSS PRODUCTS INDICATE THAT THE AREA IS UNDERNEATH
THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS AND MARGINAL VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: VILPORS/MORRIS/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.