

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2IHgt110612
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 19 Mar 2001 01:42:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2IHZkB02317
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 19 Mar 2001 01:35:46 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2IHPhm17790;
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:25:43 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16622879 for [email-masked]; Sun, 18
Mar 2001 11:25:38 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2IHPcm11654 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:25:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA06512 for [email-masked]; Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:25:36 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:25:36 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001a8df

ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z MAR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.2S3
104.7E2 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH,
WHICH EXTENDS WEST FROM A WEAK LOW NEAR 9.0S9 118.0E0. THE AREA IS
APPROXIMATELY 70 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF CHRISTMAS ISLAND. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A 181443Z1 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE
IMAGER PASS DEPICT CYCLING, DEEP CONVECTION NORTH AND WEST OF THE
PARTIALLY-EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THE UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS
INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS NORTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS, AND
UNDER 20-KNOT EASTERLIES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1007 MB. BASED ON THE MARGINAL ENVIRONMENT, THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.5S1
79.5E1 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.