

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0MIH3d19681
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 23 Jan 2001 02:17:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0MIFFc20052
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 23 Jan 2001 02:15:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0MHrmq23334;
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:53:48 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16017169 for [email-masked]; Mon, 22
Jan 2001 11:53:48 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0MHrlq19098 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:53:47 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA09159 for [email-masked]; Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:53:46 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:53:46 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400018191

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

246
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/220751Z JAN 01//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 220600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (CHARLY) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 18.3S2 73.9E9 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 90 KNOTS GUSTING TO 110 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 220900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21.1S4
51.5E1 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OFF THE EAST COAST OF
MADAGASCAR. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE CONVECTION
HAS CONTINUED TO ORGANIZE IN THE PAST 6 HOURS. A 221445Z8 SPECIAL
SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSMI) PASS REVEALED A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER JUST NORTHWEST OF THE CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES
THAT THE SUSPECT AREA IS LOCATED WITHIN A WEAK TO MODERATE WESTERLY
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT SOUTH OF THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/WAUGAMAN/JACKSON/PIVIN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.