

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f42Blc929215
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 May 2001 19:47:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f42BkZl29446
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 May 2001 19:46:35 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f42BTY325352;
Wed, 2 May 2001 06:29:36 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17275901 for [email-masked]; Wed, 2
May 2001 06:29:34 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f42BTY303360 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 May 2001 06:29:34 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
GAA17038 for [email-masked]; Wed, 2 May 2001 06:29:36 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 2 May 2001 06:29:36 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Rmks/
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001b8cc

WTIO21 PGTW 021130
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 021121Z MAY 01//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
145 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 13.3N7 96.0E5 TO 17.3N1 93.0E2
WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 020830Z3 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 13.7N1 95.7E1. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING NORTHWESTWARD
AT 04 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS: THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.5N9
95.9E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.7N1 95.7E1, IN THE ANDAMAN SEA.
ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS IMPROVING
ORGANIZATION NEAR A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE LLCC
REMAINS UNDER FAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL CONDITIONS NEAR THE RIDGE AXIS.
RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY REVEALED A POSSIBLE BANDING FEATURE IN THE
EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE OF THE DISTURBANCE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITH THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS NOW GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
031130Z8.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.