

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f45I8LR29463
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 6 May 2001 02:08:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f45I7nL28530
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 6 May 2001 02:07:49 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f45Hod354156;
Sat, 5 May 2001 12:50:40 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17326922 for [email-masked]; Sat, 5
May 2001 12:50:39 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f45Hod349962 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 5 May 2001 12:50:39 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA28711 for [email-masked]; Sat, 5 May 2001 12:50:41 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 5 May 2001 12:50:41 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001b9e7

ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z MAY 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.2N8
69.0E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.8N7 69.8E3 IN THE ARABIAN SEA. ANIMATED
INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH
A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) REMAINS ON THE PERIPHERY
IN THE WESTERN SEMICIRCLE. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE
DISTURBANCE IS EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER RIDGE AXIS UNDER MODERATE
SOUTHEASTERLY WINDS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.7S3
130.6E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 5.2S7 129.3E5, IN THE BANDA SEA.
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY REVEALS SOME ABATEMENT IN DEEP CONVECTION
NEAR A POSSIBLE LLCC. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT A SUB-
EQUATORIAL RIDGE, SITUATED OVER THE REGION, CONTINUES TO ENHANCE THE
CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS
IN THE CENTRAL INDIAN OCEAN NEAR 4.5S9 78.2E7. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND
INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES THE POSSIBILITY OF MULTIPLE LLCCS IN THE
NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. A RECENT SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER
(SSM/I) PASS SUPPORTS THIS ANALYSIS. THIS AREA IS EQUATORWARD OF THE
UPPER RIDGE AXIS IN MODERATE EASTERLIES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.