

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f8REPpn14082
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:25:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id f8RESFi43709
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:28:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f8RE3C661450;
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:03:13 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 19316988 for [email-masked]; Thu, 27
Sep 2001 09:03:12 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f8RE3C606096 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:03:12 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
JAA15777 for [email-masked]; Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:03:12 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:03:12 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northio
To: [email-masked]
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001f6d7

WTIO31 PGTW 271500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02A WARNING NR 007
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
271200Z2 --- NEAR 19.0N0 62.6E4
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 280 DEGREES AT 07 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 19.0N0 62.6E4
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
280000Z0 --- 19.2N2 61.3E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 280 DEG/ 07 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
281200Z3 --- 19.4N4 59.9E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 265 DEG/ 08 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
290000Z1 --- 19.3N3 58.2E5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 265 DEG/ 08 KTS
---
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
291200Z4 --- 19.2N2 56.5E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
VECTOR TO 72 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 08 KTS
---
72 HRS, VALID AT:
301200Z6 --- 18.6N5 53.3E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
271500Z5 POSITION NEAR 19.1N1 62.3E1.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02A, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 230 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF MASIRAH ISLAND, HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS DURING
THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 271130Z4 INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON CURRENT
INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 KNOTS AND PERSISTENCE. THE UW-CIMSS
DERIVED WIND ANALYSES INDICATE GOOD DIFFLUENCE OVER THE SYSTEM, BUT
WEAK-MODERATE EASTERLY SHEAR. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS CYCLING, ISOLATED DEEP CONVECTION WEST OF THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE AVAILABLE DYNAMIC MODELS ARE IN GOOD
AGREEMENT ON THE TRACK AND THE WEAKENING TREND, AND CONSIST OF THREE
MODELS: THE UK-MET OFFICE GLOBAL (EGRR), NOGAPS, AND THE GEOPHYSICAL
FLUID DYNAMIC-NAVY (GFDN) MODELS. THE LOW TO MID-LEVEL HIGH CENTERED
NEAR KUWAIT, WITH A RIDGE EXTENDING EAST-SOUTHEAST OVER THE NORTHERN
ARABIAN SEA, REMAINS THE DOMINANT STEERING INFLUENCE ON THE SYSTEM,
AND IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN STRONG THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD. THIS,
ALONG WITH A ZONAL MID-LATITUDE PATTERN, SHOULD ALLOW THE SYSTEM TO
TRACK WESTWARD TO WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD THROUGH THE PERIOD. THE
OFFICIAL FORECAST IS BASED ON THE NUMERICAL AIDS CONSENSUS, AND IS
CONSISTENT WITH BOTH CLIMATOLOGY AND THE BETA ADVECTION MODELS. TC
02A IS EXPECTED TO MAINTAIN INTENSITY OVER THE NEXT 12-24 HOURS, BUT
SHOULD WEAKEN AS IT ENTRAINS DRY AIR AND INTERACTS WITH LAND AFTER
24 HOURS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 271200Z2 IS 10 FEET.
REFER TO WWPW31 RJTX FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT
WARNINGS AT 272100Z2, 280300Z3, 280900Z9 AND 281500Z6.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.