

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2D1uJR12138
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:56:19 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2D1tm510189
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:55:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2D1v6m21928;
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:57:06 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16557815 for [email-masked]; Mon, 12
Mar 2001 19:57:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2D1v5m27284 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:57:05 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
TAA28616 for [email-masked]; Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:57:04 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:57:04 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 15s (dera) Warning Nr 009
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001a755

WTXS31 PGTW 130300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (DERA) WARNING NR 009
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
130000Z4 --- NEAR 42.2S8 50.8E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 145 DEGREES AT 54 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 090 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 055 KT, GUSTS 070 KT
EXTRATROPICAL
REPEAT POSIT: 42.2S8 50.8E3
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
131200Z7 --- 48.0S2 57.1E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
EXTRATROPICAL
---
REMARKS:
130300Z7 POSITION NEAR 43.6S3 52.4E1.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 15S (DERA), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 1000 NM
SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF MADAGASCAR, HAS TRACKED RAPIDLY SOUTHEAST AT 54
KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
122330Z1 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 55 KNOTS. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT CONVECTION POLEWARD OF THE
SYSTEM HAS WEAKENED CONSIDERABLY IN THE PAST 12 HOURS. A DISTINCT
FRONTAL SIGNATURE IS EVIDENT AS THE SYSTEM COMPLETES EXTRATROPICAL
TRANSITION WITH OPEN-CELL, COLD-AIR CUMULUS NORTHWEST OF THE SYSTEM.
THE 250MB STREAMLINE/ISOTACH ANAL DEPICTS A DEEP UPPER LEVEL TROUGH
WEST OF TC 15S WITH STRONG NORTHWESTERLY WINDS, ASSOCIATED WITH THE
POLAR JET, OVER THE SYSTEM. TC 15S IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TRACKING
SOUTHEASTWARD. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT
TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.