

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f098oWw21055
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:50:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f098muM05402
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:48:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f098XZE25480;
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 02:33:35 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15961107 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 02:33:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f098XWE23164
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 02:33:33 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
CAA22657 for [email-masked]; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 02:33:32 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 9 Jan 2001 02:33:32 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400015992

568
WTIO20 FMEE 090600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VINNA1S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 09/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
970 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.7S/72.4E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 180 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN
THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 15.9 SOUTH/71.8 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/70.8 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EYE 20 NM IN DIAMETER. ASYMMETRIC SYSTEM
WITH EXTENSION OF SQUALLS AND STRONG WINDS MORE IMPORTANT IN
THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE (CONFIRMED BY A QUIKSCAT PASS OF 1H08
UTC).=