

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3BEMHQ06642
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:22:17 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3BEKXZ04818
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:20:34 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3BEN8322822;
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:23:08 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16967762 for [email-masked]; Wed, 11
Apr 2001 09:21:37 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3BELa322812 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:21:36 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
JAA03444 for [email-masked]; Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:21:38 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:21:38 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001b012

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 111330
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111330Z/111800Z APR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR THE MALDIVE
ISLANDS IN THE ARABIAN SEA AND IS LOCATED NEAR 4.5N9 74.5E6.
ENHANCED INFRARED AND VISIBLE ANIMATION DEPICT PERSISTENT COVERAGE
WITH LITTLE ORGANIZATION. EARLIER THIS EVENING, QUIKSCAT INDICATED
CONVERGENT EQUATORIAL WESTERLIES BENEATH THE CONVECTION. HOWEVER, A
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EAST OF THE ISLANDS MAY BE DEVELOPING.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 12 TO 18 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADDED PARA 1.B.(1) POOR AREA.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.