

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0FKOnh00338
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 16 Jan 2001 04:24:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0FKN7q28110
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 16 Jan 2001 04:23:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0FKOWq23870;
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:24:32 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 15939649 for [email-masked]; Mon, 15
Jan 2001 14:24:32 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0FKOWq18082 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:24:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
OAA00751 for [email-masked]; Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:24:31 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:24:31 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 05s (bindu) Warning Nr 017
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400016cdc

780
WTXS32 PGTW 152100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BINDU) WARNING NR 017
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
151800Z5 --- NEAR 20.5S7 64.4E4
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 250 DEGREES AT 09 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 120 NM SOUTH SEMICIRCLE
050 NM ELSEWHERE
REPEAT POSIT: 20.5S7 64.4E4
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
160600Z3 --- 21.6S9 63.0E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 120 NM SOUTH SEMICIRCLE
050 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 210 DEG/ 10 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
161800Z6 --- 23.3S8 61.9E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 110 NM SOUTH SEMICIRCLE
045 NM ELSEWHERE
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 200 DEG/ 11 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
170600Z4 --- 25.3S0 61.0E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 200 DEG/ 11 KTS
---
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
171800Z7 --- 27.4S3 60.1E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
EXTRATROPICAL
---
REMARKS:
152100Z9 POSITION NEAR 20.8S0 64.0E0.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 05S, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 75 NM SOUTHEAST OF
PORT MATHURIN, RODRIGUES ISLAND, IN THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN, HAS
TRACKED WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 09 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE
WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 151730Z7 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY.
THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY
ESTIMATES OF 45 KNOTS. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT TC
05S HAS MAINTAINED INTENSITY OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. IMAGERY
INDICATES THAT THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) IS ON THE
NORTHEASTERN EDGE OF THE DEEP CONVECTION. A 151740Z8 SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICTS A PARTIALLY-EXPOSED LLCC WITH
CONVECTION ELONGATED SOUTHEASTWARD. A 151305Z5 QUIKSCAT
SCATTEROMETER PASS SHOWS AN EXTENSIVE AREA OF CONVERGENT FLOW AND
GALE FORCE WINDS SOUTH OF THE LLCC, EQUATORWARD OF A HIGH SITUATED
NEAR 37S0 65E1. THE UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE TO STRONG
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. TC 05S IS FORECAST TO TRACK SOUTHWESTWARD TO
SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AS IT MOVES INTO A WEAKNESS IN THE LOW TO MID-
LEVEL SUBTROPICAL RIDGE CREATED BY AN APPROACHING MID-LATITUDE
TROUGH. BASED ON QUIKSCAT AND MICROWAVE IMAGERY, THE SYSTEM APPEARS
TO BE IN THE EARLY STAGES OF EXTRA-TROPICAL TRANSITION, AND IS ALSO
FORECAST TO WEAKEN UNDER INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. TC 05S IS
EXPECTED TO COMPLETE EXTRA-TROPICAL TRANSITION WITHIN THE NEXT 36 TO
48 HOURS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 151800Z5 IS 14 FEET.
NEXT WARNINGS AT 160900Z6 (DTG 160751Z0) AND 162100Z0 (DTG
161951Z3).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.