

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id fASJTAY05879
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:29:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id fASJW1R52646
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:32:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fASJD2680394;
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:13:03 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 283929 for [email-masked]; Wed, 28
Nov 2001 13:13:02 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fASJD0661136 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:13:01 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
NAA17493 for [email-masked]; Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:12:57 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:12:57 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000211d0

ABIO10 PGTW 281800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/281800Z/291800Z NOV 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/280751 NOV 01/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE CIRCULATION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.4N1 93.4E6, IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 7.5N2 94.0E3, NEAR THE NICOBAR ISLANDS. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE ASSOCIATED CONVECTION HAS
BEEN CYCLING AND SHEARED NORTHWEST OF THE CIRCULATION DURING THE
PAST 12 HOURS. THE 200MB ANALYSIS SHOWS THAT THE AREA IS EQUATORWARD
OF THE RIDGE AXIS IN A REGION OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER DISTURBANCES.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 280600Z6, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BESSI) WAS LOCATED NEAR
9.4S3 91.6E6, APPROXIMATELY 350 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS, AND WAS TRACKING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS DURING THE PAST
SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 280900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/BRYANT/KENDALL/WEAVER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.