

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f091Qiw06022
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:26:45 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f091P9M26331
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:25:09 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f0917aE27704;
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:07:36 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15958167 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:07:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f0917YE25388
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:07:34 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
TAA18618 for [email-masked]; Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:07:34 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:07:34 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001589c

601
WTIO20 FMEE 090000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 09/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
970 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.6S/72.5E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 RADIUS
FROM THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP TO 70 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
80 NM EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND
IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 16.7 SOUTH/71.3 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/69.9 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE EYE IS NOT WELL DEFINED. THE TRACK
HAS CURVED SOUTHWESTWARD.=