

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f24I7MH00084
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 5 Mar 2001 02:07:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f24I6tj11707
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 5 Mar 2001 02:06:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f24Hovt26934;
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 11:50:57 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16437028 for [email-masked]; Sun, 4
Mar 2001 11:50:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f24Hovt35856 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 4 Mar 2001 11:50:57 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA27199 for [email-masked]; Sun, 4 Mar 2001 11:50:57 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 4 Mar 2001 11:50:57 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001a4b7

ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z MAR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 9.9S8 50.5E0,
APPROXIMATELY 155 NM NORTHEAST OF THE TIP OF MADAGASCAR. VISIBLE AND
ENHANCED INFRARED ANIMATION DEPICT INCREASING COVERAGE DURING THE
PAST 12 HOURS. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALED A DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) LOCATED OVER THE WESTERN EXTENSION OF THE
NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. A SHIP LOCATED JUST TO THE WEST OF THE LLCC
REPORTED SUSTAINED WINDS FROM THE SOUTH AT 08 KNOTS AND A SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE OF 1008.2 MB. ALTHOUGH THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE IS
SITUATED WELL POLEWARD OF THE AREA, 200 MB ANAL INDICATES PRONOUNCED
DIFFLUENT FLOW OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/CUTMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.