

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f95Hclu17515
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 6 Oct 2001 01:38:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id f95HfDi64887
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 6 Oct 2001 01:41:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f95HM0620690;
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:22:00 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 19438802 for [email-masked]; Fri, 5
Oct 2001 12:21:19 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f95HLJ645402 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:21:19 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA04210 for [email-masked]; Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:21:19 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:21:19 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001f9ee

ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN /051800Z/061800Z OCT 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.0N9
86.0E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.0N4 83.0E1. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION NEAR A POSSIBLE
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE 200 MB ANALYSIS
INDICATES THAT THE REGION IS EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE
AXIS IN DIFFLUENT EASTERLIES. A RECENT SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE
IMAGE (SSMI) DEPICTS SOME DEEP CONVECTION WITH NO SIGNIFICANT LLCC.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.2S3
82.5E5 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS SHEARING OF DEEP
CONVECTION TO THE WEST AND AN EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
THE LATEST MICROWAVE IMAGERY PLACES THE LLCC TO THE EAST-NORTHEAST
OF DEEP CONVECTION. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE
DISTURBANCE IS EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS IN MODERATE
NORTHEASTERLIES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/LEEJOICE/WAUGAMAN/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.