

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f25HsLv01076
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 6 Mar 2001 01:54:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f25Hrs202665
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 6 Mar 2001 01:53:54 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f25HYgt09744;
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:34:42 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16450028 for [email-masked]; Mon, 5
Mar 2001 11:34:42 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f25HYft32464 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:34:41 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA12015 for [email-masked]; Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:34:41 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:34:41 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001a53f

ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z MAR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.1S3
50.5E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.8S0 50.0E5, APPROXIMATELY 70 NM
NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHERN TIP OF MADAGASCAR. VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CLOUD LINES ASSOCIATED WITH
THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH DEEP CONVECTION
DISPLACED NORTHWEST. A 050258Z0 QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALED A DEFINED
LLCC LOCATED OVER THE WESTERN EXTENSION OF THE NEAR EQUATORIAL
TROUGH. ALTHOUGH THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE IS SITUATED WELL POLEWARD OF
THE AREA, 200 MB ANAL INDICATES PRONOUNCED DIFFLUENT FLOW OVER THE
REGION. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS PRODUCT INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS
EXPERIENCING 30 KNOTS OF VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.