

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0PHSmS12262
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:28:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0PHR0Q06092
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:27:00 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0PHIYq28702;
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:18:34 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16059504 for [email-masked]; Thu, 25
Jan 2001 11:18:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0PHIXq23048 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:18:33 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA07319 for [email-masked]; Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:18:33 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:18:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400018a66

653
ABIO10 PGTW 251800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/250751Z JAN 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 250600Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (CHARLY) WAS LOCATED
APPROXIMATELY 287 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF PORT LOUIS, MAURITIUS NEAR
24.6S2 59.1E5 AND WAS MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 13 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 250900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.3S7
77.0E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.3S7 76.1E4, APPROXIMATELY 420 NM
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS WEAKENING, ISOLATED, POORLY-ORGANIZED DEEP CONVECTION.
SYNOPTIC DATA AND RECENT QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER DATA INDICATE A WEAK
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS
MODERATE EASTERLY FLOW OVER THE LLCC. THE UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS
INDICATES MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. BASED ON THE POOR ORGANIZATION AND
SHEAR ENVIRONMENT, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.