

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3MHqQ219613
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 23 Apr 2001 01:52:26 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3MHqBD18112
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 23 Apr 2001 01:52:11 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3MHaF328148;
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:36:15 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17136541 for [email-masked]; Sun, 22
Apr 2001 12:36:15 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3MHaF333058 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:36:15 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA20929 for [email-masked]; Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:36:17 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:36:17 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001b474

ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z APR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.3N0
69.4E9 IN THE ARABIAN SEA HAS WEAKENED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS=
THEREFORE, IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE REMNANTS OF 20S (ALISTAIR) PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
21.1S4 110.0E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 23.5S0 109.5E5, APPROXIMATELY 215
NM WEST OF CAPE CUVIER, AUSTRALIA. THE EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) HAS WEAKENED SLOWLY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. THE 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC IS IN A STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
ENVIRONMENT ASSOCIATED WITH THE POLAR FRONT JET. SEA SURFACE
TEMPERATURE ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE SYSTEM HAS MOVED OVER COOLER
WATER. SOME INCREASE IN CONVECTION MAY OCCUR AS THE LLCC MOVES OVER
WARMER WATERS ALONG THE NORTHWEST COAST OF AUSTRALIA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/MORRIS/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.