

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0PJegS20804
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:40:42 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0PJcsQ12992
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:38:54 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0PJgRq35380;
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:42:27 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16061645 for [email-masked]; Thu, 25
Jan 2001 13:42:27 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0PJgQq38008 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:42:26 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
NAA12578 for [email-masked]; Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:42:25 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:42:25 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 06s (charly) Warning Nr 013
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400018aaa

754
WTXS31 PGTW 252100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (CHARLY) WARNING NR 013
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
251800Z6 --- NEAR 25.2S9 57.5E7
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 235 DEGREES AT 05 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 25.2S9 57.5E7
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
260600Z4 --- 25.6S3 56.7E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
252100Z0 POSITION NEAR 25.3S0 57.3E5.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 06S (CHARLY), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 300 NM
SOUTH OF PORT LOUIS, MAURITIUS, HAS TRACKED SOUTHWEST AT 05 KNOTS
DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 251730Z8
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON
SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS, AND A 251353Z9
QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER PASS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND
A 251405Z7 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICT A FULLY
EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH ISOLATED DEEP
CONVECTION 80 NM EAST OF THE LLCC. THE 251353Z9 QUIKSCAT PASS
DEPICTS AN ELONGATED LLCC WITH STRONGER WINDS IN THE POLEWARD
SEMICIRCLE. MODERATE TO STRONG UPPER WEST-NORTHWESTERLIES SHOULD
CONTINUE TO INFLUENCE THE SYSTEM THROUGH THE PERIOD. THEREFORE, TC
06S IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE OVER THE NEXT 12 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 251800Z6 IS 12 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.