

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f1720Zn09884
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:00:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f1720TP25081
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:00:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f171gqt17866;
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:42:52 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16054098 for [email-masked]; Tue, 6
Feb 2001 19:42:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f171gpt21736 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:42:51 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
TAA17278 for [email-masked]; Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:42:51 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:42:51 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400019d62

577
ABIO10 PGTW 070200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/070200Z/071800Z FEB 01//
RMKS/1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 13.5S9 118.7E7 AND
HAS PERSISTED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS PRODUCT
INDICATES THE CONVECTION IS WITHIN A REGION OF WEAK VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR, WITH FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGESTS
A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1003 MB.  THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADDED POOR SUSPECT AREA TO PARA 2.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/MORRIS/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.