

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id fAO9r8n16523
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:53:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id fAO9twR84573
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:55:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fAO9e5667034;
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:40:05 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 214365 for [email-masked]; Sat, 24
Nov 2001 03:40:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fAO9e5619286 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:40:05 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
DAA19943 for [email-masked]; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:40:04 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:40:04 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40002100c

ABIO10 PGTW 240930
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN REISSUE/240930Z/241800Z NOV 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 6.1N7 56.7E8,
APPROXIMATELY 450 NM EAST OF SOMALIA. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES CYCLING CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE
SYSTEM IS BELOW THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS IN A REGION OF FAVORABLE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER DISTURBANCES.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
(1) THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 04S ARE NOW LOCATED
NEAR 12.7S0 77.5E9, APPROXIMATELY 440 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES WEAKENING CONVECTION OVER A
POORLY DEFINED LLCC. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE SYSTEM
IS WITHIN A REGION OF MODERATE VERTICAL SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER DISTURBANCES.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADDED 1.B.(1) AND UPDATED 2.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: COX/LEEJOICE/WHITCOMB/HARRISON/EDBERG/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.