

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0L9DsB05452
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:13:54 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0L9C9908364
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:12:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0L91rq28802;
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:01:53 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16002828 for [email-masked]; Sun, 21
Jan 2001 03:01:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0L91qq09920 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:01:52 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
DAA20199 for [email-masked]; Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:01:52 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:01:52 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400017d5a

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

765
ABIO10 PGTW 210900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/210900Z/211800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/210751Z JAN 01//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 7.0N7 84.0E2 AND HAS
PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED
IMAGERY INDICATES THAT CONVECTION HAS INCREASED IN COVERAGE DURING
THE PAST 6 HOURS. A RECENT SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS
REVEALED A POSSIBLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER SOUTHEAST OF THE
DEEP CONVECTION.  THE SUSPECT AREA IS LOCATED WITHIN A MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED TO BE 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 210600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (CHARLY) WAS LOCATED NEAR
17.3S1 78.2E7 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 75 KNOTS GUSTING TO 90 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 210900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADDED PARAGRAPH 1.B.(1) POOR AREA.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/SMITH/WILSON/CUTMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.