

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0LHoGB15634
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:50:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0LHmU904542
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:48:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0LHW7q27210;
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:32:07 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16005345 for [email-masked]; Sun, 21
Jan 2001 11:32:06 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0LHW5q27810 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:32:05 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA22756 for [email-masked]; Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:32:04 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:32:04 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400017e64

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

386
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/210751Z JAN 01//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.0N7 84.0E2
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 7.4N1 83.6E7, APPROXIMATELY 100 NM EAST OF SRI
LANKA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES POORLY
ORGANIZED, ISOLATED CONVECTION. A 211202Z8 QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER
PASS SHOWS A BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE SYSTEM IS SOUTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
AXIS AND IS UNDER DIFFLUENT, MODERATE EASTERLY FLOW. THE UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE LLCC.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. BASED ON THE POOR
ENVIRONMENT, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 210600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (CHARLY) WAS LOCATED NEAR
17.3S1 78.2E7 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 75 KNOTS GUSTING TO 90 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 210900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.