

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0S27Pg05146
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:07:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0S25aQ22461
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:05:37 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0S29Et17792;
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 20:09:14 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 15916459 for [email-masked]; Sat, 27
Jan 2001 20:09:14 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0S29Et17790 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2001 20:09:14 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
UAA26168 for [email-masked]; Sat, 27 Jan 2001 20:09:13 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 27 Jan 2001 20:09:13 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Formation Of A Significant Tropical Cyclone Is
Possible Within
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001910f

638
WTXS21 PGTW 280130
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
150 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 14.7S2 128.2E3 TO 14.8S3
122.9E4 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
METSAT IMAGERY AT 272330Z7 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 15.1S7 127.4E4. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-
NORTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS: THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED OVER NORTHWESTERN
AUSTRALIA HAS CONTINUED TO PERSIST AND BECOME MORE ORGANIZED OVER
THE LAST 6 HOURS. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES STRONG
CONVECTION LOCATED OVER THE TIMOR SEA. RECENT SYNOPTIC DATA AND
QUICKSCATT DATA INDICATE A LOOSELY DEFINED AND PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) LOCATED INLAND OVER THE KIMBERLY
PENINSULA. UW-CIMSS SATELLITE DERIVED WIND PRODUCTS INDICATE A
FAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT AS THE
LLCC CONTINUES MOVING TOWARD THE COAST. THE SYSTEM IS UNDER WEAK TO
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND MODERATE SPEED DIVERGENCE ALOFT
NORTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO
GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
290130Z5.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.