

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f9ADewB18914
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:40:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id f9ADhEi95182
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:43:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f9ADQ6618438;
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:26:06 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 18660582 for [email-masked]; Wed, 10
Oct 2001 08:26:06 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f9ADQ5648176 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:26:06 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
IAA12429 for [email-masked]; Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:26:05 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:26:05 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northio
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001fba6

WTIO31 PGTW 101500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A WARNING NR 006
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
101200Z4 --- NEAR 18.0N9 67.9E2
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 360 DEGREES AT 02 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 040 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 18.0N9 67.9E2
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
110000Z2 --- 18.6N5 67.9E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
101500Z7 POSITION NEAR 18.2N1 67.9E2.
TC 03A, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 400 NM SOUTH OF KARACHI, PAKISTAN, HAS
DRIFTED SLOWLY NORTHWARD DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING
POSITION IS BASED ON 101130Z6 VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY. CURRENT INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY
ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS. ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE
EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) HAS REMAINED FREE OF
CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS. THE SYSTEM CONTINUES
TO WEAKEN IN RESPONSE TO DRY AIR ENTRAINMENT AND UNFAVORABLE UPPER
LEVEL CONDITIONS. TC 03A MAY CONTINUE TO DRIFT SLOWLY NORTHWARD IN A
WEAK STEERING ENVIRONMENT AS IT DISSIPATES OVER WATER. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 101200Z4 IS 08 FEET. REFER TO WWIO31 RJTX
FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN).
THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.