

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id fAUHslY02360
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Dec 2001 01:54:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id fAUHvfR02928
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Dec 2001 01:57:42 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fAUHaJ643014;
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:36:19 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 320035 for [email-masked]; Fri, 30
Nov 2001 11:34:38 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fAUHYc614350 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:34:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA05280 for [email-masked]; Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:34:35 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:34:35 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400021309

ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/301800Z/311800Z NOV 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/300751Z NOV 01/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE CIRCULATION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.9N5 90.4E3 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 6.9N5 89.3E0, APPROXIMATELY 360 NM WEST-NORTHWEST
OF SUMATRA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS CYCLING,
SCATTERED CONVECTION OVER THE AREA. RECENT UW CIMSS SHEAR PRODUCTS
AND THIS MORNINGS 200MB ANAL INDICATE THAT THERE IS MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR WITH SIGNIFICANT EASTERLIES (IN EXCESS OF 25
KNOTS) EXTENDING OVER THE REGION. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5.5N0
63.5E4, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 5.5N0 63.0E9, APPROXIMATELY 770 NM EAST
OF SOMALIA. THIS MORNINGS SURFACE ANALYSIS DEPICTS A BROAD, WEAK LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS PERSISTENT, YET UNORGANIZED CONVECTION
OVER THE AREA. UPPER AIR ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS UNDER THE
RIDGE AXIS IN A REGION OF FAVORABLE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER DISTURBANCES.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 300600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BESSI-BAKO) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 14.4S9 88.4E0, APPROXIMATELY 510 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS, AND WAS TRACKING WESTWARD AT 13 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX
HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 300900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: VILPORS/MORRIS/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.