

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0DIC2n24163
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:12:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0DIAJj17750
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:10:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0DHv3q22456;
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:57:03 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 15921315 for [email-masked]; Sat, 13
Jan 2001 11:57:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0DHv3q23348 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:57:03 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA15387 for [email-masked]; Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:57:02 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:57:02 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000166d4

076
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/130751Z JAN 01//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 130600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BINDU), WAS LOCATED
NEAR 19.1S1 68.9E3, APPROXIMATELY 310 NM EAST OF PORT MATHURIN,
RODRIGUES ISLAND, IN THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN, AND HAS TRACKED
SOUTHWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 90
KNOTS GUSTING TO 110 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 130900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.8S9
92.8E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.5S7 91.6E6 SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA OVER
THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS MODERATE
CONVECTION ORGANIZED ABOUT A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)
EVIDENT IN SYNOPTIC AND SCATTEROMETRY DATA. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR PRODUCT INDICATES WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.4S7
116.7E5 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED POTENTIAL
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.