

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f381SDs00250
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 8 Apr 2001 09:28:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f381QtZ00327
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 8 Apr 2001 09:26:55 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f380Bmm30906;
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 19:11:48 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16910173 for [email-masked]; Sat, 7
Apr 2001 19:11:48 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f380Blm20806 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 7 Apr 2001 19:11:47 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
TAA23903 for [email-masked]; Sat, 7 Apr 2001 19:11:46 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 7 Apr 2001 19:11:46 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001af14

WTXS33 PGTW 080000 COR
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S (EVARISTE) WARNING NR 010
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
071800Z6 --- NEAR 23.1S6 60.4E0
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 250 DEGREES AT 12 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 085 NM
REPEAT POSIT: 23.1S6 60.4E0
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
080600Z4 --- 23.0S5 58.3E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 070 NM
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 215 DEG/ 14 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
081800Z7 --- 25.3S0 56.4E5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 150 DEG/ 24 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
090600Z5 --- 29.4S5 59.2E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
072100Z0 POSITION NEAR 23.1S6 59.9E3.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 18S (EVARISTE), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 210 NM
SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF RODRIGUES ISLAND, HAS TRACKED WEST-SOUTHWEST AT
12 KTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
071730Z8 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
UPON CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 35 AND 45 KTS. ANIMATED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED
WITH TC 18S HAS SEPARATED FROM THE DEEP CONVECTION DUE TO STRONG
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR FROM THE NORTHWEST. THE CENTER IS LOCATED
NORTHWEST OF THE DEEP CONVECTION AND IS TRACKING WESTWARD IN
RESPONSE TO LOW-LEVEL STEERING GENERATED BY A WITH HIGH PRESSURE TO
THE SOUTHEAST. TC 18S WILL CONTINUE TO TRACK WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD
OVER THE NEXT 12 HOURS THEN BEGIN A SLOW TURN TOWARD THE SOUTH-
SOUTHEAST AS IT BEGINS TO MERGE WITH AN EXTRATROPICAL LOW PRESSURE
CENTER NEAR SOUTHERN MADAGASCAR THAT WILL CONTINUE TO TRACK EASTWARD

OVER THE NEXT 72 HOURS. TC 18S WILL DISSIPATE AS A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER AND MERGE WITH THIS EXTRATROPICAL LOW BY

36 HOURS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 071800Z6 IS 18 FEET.
NEXT WARNINGS AT 080300Z1 AND 080900Z7. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE
17S (WALTER) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.
JUSTIFICATION FOR COR: CHANGED THE NEXT WARNING TIMES TO REFLECT
SIX-HOURLY WARNINGS RATHER THAN TWELVE-HOURLY.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.