

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0KHwlu03984
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 21 Jan 2001 01:58:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0KHv3A27384
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 21 Jan 2001 01:57:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0KHZOq19412;
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:35:24 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 15997908 for [email-masked]; Sat, 20
Jan 2001 11:35:24 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0KHZNq11852 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:35:23 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA14774 for [email-masked]; Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:35:23 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:35:23 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400017b7c

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

919
ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/201800Z/211800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/200751Z JAN 01//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 200600Z8, TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (CHARLY) WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.2S9 82.2E2 AND WAS MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 200900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.3S8
84.8E0 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 200900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 20.6S8
42.6E2 HAS WEAKENED AND MOVED OVER MADAGASCAR. THEREFORE, THE AREA
IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.