

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f33ISDj10774
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 4 Apr 2001 02:28:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f33IRKZ19664
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 4 Apr 2001 02:27:20 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f33ISjm18120;
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:28:45 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16840389 for [email-masked]; Tue, 3
Apr 2001 13:27:28 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f33IRRm30680 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:27:27 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
NAA14887 for [email-masked]; Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:27:29 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:27:29 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001adb3

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 031800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/031800Z/041800Z APR 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/030751Z APR 01//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/031352Z APR 01//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/022121Z APR 01//
NARR/ REF A AND REF B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS. REF C IS A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 030600Z9 TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S WAS LOCATED AT 13.7S1
84.2E4 AND MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 030900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 031200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (WALTER) WAS LOCATED AT 10
.1S2 102.2E5 AND MOVING WESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF B
(WTXS32 PGTW 031500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.4S3
62.0E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10.1S2 61.2E9, APPROXIMATELY 700 NM EAST
OF THE NORTHERN TIP OF MADAGASCAR. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES CYCLING CONVECTION NORTHWEST OF A POSSIBLE LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS REVEALS THAT THE
SUSPECT AREA HAS REMAINED EQUATORWARD OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS
IN WEAK EASTERLY WINDS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20
TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005
MB SEE REF C (WTXS22 PGTW 022130) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL F
OR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 2
4 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.