

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id fAC6jO829331
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:45:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id fAC6luR81065
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:47:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fAC6ZY642326;
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 00:35:34 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 53955 for [email-masked]; Mon, 12 Nov
2001 00:35:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fAC6ZX633984 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Nov 2001 00:35:33 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
AAA26046 for [email-masked]; Mon, 12 Nov 2001 00:35:33 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 12 Nov 2001 00:35:33 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 04b Warning Nr 003a Corrected
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400020b07

WTIO31 PGTW 120300 COR
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 04B WARNING NR 003A CORRECTED
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
120000Z3 --- NEAR 16.3N0 85.3E6
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 035 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 16.3N0 85.3E6
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
121200Z6 --- 17.2N0 85.7E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 360 DEG/ 04 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
130000Z4 --- 18.1N0 85.7E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
120300Z6 POSITION NEAR 16.5N2 85.4E7.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 04B, LOCATED JUST OFF OF THE ORISSA COAST OF
INDIA, HAS TRACKED NORTHEASTWARD AT 06 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 06
HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 112330Z0 INFRARED AND EARLY
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA. THE WARNING INTENSITY
IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS AND
SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATING 25 TO 30 KNOTS. ENHANCED INFRARED ANIMATION
DEPICTS INTERMITTENT BURSTS OF DEEP CONVECTION DECOUPLED WELL TO THE
NORTH OF A POORLY DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 24
HOUR TREND IN THE QUIKSCAT DATA REVEALED A WEAKENING TREND OF THE 35
KNOTS WINDS OVER THE WEST QUADRANT. ASSOCIATED WINDS OVER THE SOUTH
QUADRANT HAVE NOW DROPPED TO 20 KNOTS. STRONG UPPER SOUTHERLY WINDS
CONTINUE TO HINDER FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. THEREFORE, THIS WILL BE THE
FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION. JUSTIFICATION: CHANGED UPPER NORTHERLY TO UPPER
SOUTHERLY IN REMARKS.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.