

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f09CHBw22491
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 20:17:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f09CFYM27121
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 20:15:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f09BvWE23270;
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 05:57:32 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15961841 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 05:57:31 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f09BvUE35546
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 05:57:30 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
FAA24229 for [email-masked]; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 05:57:29 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 9 Jan 2001 05:57:29 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000159fc

837
WTIO20 FMEE 091200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 09/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
958 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.9S/72.6E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 250 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE
EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN
THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/72.3 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 16.4 SOUTH/71.6 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EYE 15 NM IN DIAMETER. CONDENSED AND
ASYMMETRIC SYSTEM WITH EXTENSION OF SQUALLS AND STRONG WINDS
MORE IMPORTANT IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.