

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f38AIHs24896
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 8 Apr 2001 18:18:17 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f38AGmZ27098
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 8 Apr 2001 18:16:49 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f38AJ7m34364;
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 05:19:07 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16913437 for [email-masked]; Sun, 8
Apr 2001 05:19:07 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f38AJ7m09134 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 8 Apr 2001 05:19:07 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
FAA27592 for [email-masked]; Sun, 8 Apr 2001 05:19:09 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 8 Apr 2001 05:19:09 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj:  Tropical Cyclone Warning
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001af34

WTXS33 PGTW 080900
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S (EVARISTE) WARNING NR 012
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
080600Z4 --- NEAR 24.3S9 61.8E5
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 140 DEGREES AT 18 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 040 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 085 NM
REPEAT POSIT: 24.3S9 61.8E5
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
081800Z7 --- 26.9S7 62.0E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
EXTRATROPICAL
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 155 DEG/ 23 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
090600Z5 --- 31.0S4 64.4E4
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
EXTRATROPICAL
---
REMARKS:
080900Z7 POSITION NEAR 25.0S7 61.9E6.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 18S (EVARISTE), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 290 NM
SOUTH OF RODRIGUES ISLAND, HAS TRACKED SOUTHEAST AT 18 KTS DURING
THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 080530Z6
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED UPON
CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 AND 35 KNOTS. ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH TC 18S
REMAINS FULLY EXPOSED AND IS MOVING TO THE SOUTHEAST. ANIMATED WATER
VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A LONG WAVE FEATURE TO THE WEST THAT IS EXPECTED
TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF A MID-LAT LOW WITH THE REMNANTS OF TC
18S. THIS SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO TRACK SOUTHEASTWARD AS IT RE-
INTENSIFIES AS A BAROCLINIC SYSTEM. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT
AT 080600Z4 IS 18 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY
THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL
BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL
CYCLONE 17S (WALTER) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.