

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0EIFD602872
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 15 Jan 2001 02:15:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0EIDWF27537
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 15 Jan 2001 02:13:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0EHxAq22540;
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:59:10 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 15928485 for [email-masked]; Sun, 14
Jan 2001 11:59:10 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0EHxAq12562 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:59:10 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA22240 for [email-masked]; Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:59:10 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:59:10 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000169ad

037
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/140751Z JAN 01//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 140600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BINDU), WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20.0S2 69.0E5, APPROXIMATELY 310 NM EAST OF PORT MATHURIN,
RODRIGUES ISLAND, IN THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN, AND HAD TRACKED
SOUTHWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 70
KNOTS GUSTING TO 90 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 140900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.0S3
94.0E3 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA OVER
THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
UNORGANIZED CONVECTION ABOUT A WEAK, ELONGATED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) EVIDENT IN SYNOPTIC AND SCATTEROMETRY DATA. UW-CIMSS
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PRODUCT INDICATES WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.