

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f96I47h05348
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 7 Oct 2001 02:04:07 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id f96I6Xi66977
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 7 Oct 2001 02:06:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f96HsB634766;
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:54:11 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 18606018 for [email-masked]; Sat, 6
Oct 2001 12:54:11 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f96HsB654680 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:54:11 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA18855 for [email-masked]; Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:54:10 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:54:10 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001fa44

ABIO10 PGTW 061800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN /061800Z/071800Z OCT 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/060752Z OCT 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.0N4
83.0E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.3N8 80.7E5. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS AN EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) WITH NO ASSOCIATED DEEP CONVECTION. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS
INDICATES THAT THE REGION IS EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE
AXIS IN DIFFLUENT EASTERLIES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 060600Z2 TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S WAS LOCATED NEAR 11.2S4
83.0E1, APPROXIMATELY 663 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND WAS
MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 7 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED
AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 060900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.2S3
82.5E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.2S4 83.0E1 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/LEEJOICE/WAUGAMAN/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.