

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f5LHDGH07829
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 22 Jun 2001 01:13:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f5LHBW100764
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 22 Jun 2001 01:11:32 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f5LHEfN36230;
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:14:41 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17760767 for [email-masked]; Thu, 21
Jun 2001 12:14:41 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f5LHEfN44500 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:14:41 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA24912 for [email-masked]; Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:14:43 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:14:43 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Rmks/
To: [email-masked]
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001cb58

WTXS21 PGTW 211700
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
A 140 NM RADIUS OF 26.2S0 36.0E9 WITHIN THE NEXT 03 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED
TO BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 221430Z2 INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 26.1S9 35.7E5. THE SYSTEM IS
MOVING EAST-NORTHEASTWARD AT 05 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS: ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT A VERY SMALL
(MIDGET) SYSTEM HAS FORMED IN THE SOUTHERN MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL
APPROXIMATELY 180 NM EAST OF MAPUTO. IMAGERY REVEALS A VERY TIGHTLY
WOUND CIRCULATION WITH A VERY SMALL AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION
SURROUNDING THE LOW-LEVEL CENTER. NEARBY SYNOPTIC REPORTS INDICATE
15 TO 30 KNOTS WITH RECENT PRESSURE FALLS IN THE AREA. THE MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1014 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
221700Z2.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.