

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id fB5HcdB03028
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 6 Dec 2001 01:38:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id fB5HfYR96200
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 6 Dec 2001 01:41:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fB5HN0674982;
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:23:00 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 391793 for [email-masked]; Wed, 5 Dec
2001 11:23:00 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fB5HMx658720 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:23:00 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA08953 for [email-masked]; Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:22:59 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:22:59 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40002152d

ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z DEC 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050751Z DEC 01/
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050221Z DEC 01/
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 050600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BESSI-BAKO) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 18.3S2 86.0E4, APPROXIMATELY 750 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS, AND HAS MOVED SOUTHWESTWARD AT 03 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX
HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO
40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 050900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED NEAR 11.2S4
120.0E3 IS NOW NEAR 14.3S8 120.0E3, APPROXIMATELY 275 NM SOUTHWEST
OF TIMOR. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES AN ORGANIZED
AREA OF CYCLING CONVECTION HAS REMAINED NEARLY QUASI-STATIONARY OVER
THE PAST 12 HOURS. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATES A BROAD LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB. SEE REF B (WTXS21 PGTW 050230) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER DISTURBANCES.
FORECAST TEAM: JEFFRIES/WAUGAMAN/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.