

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2AHjSl04308
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Mar 2001 01:45:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2AHixm07145
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Mar 2001 01:44:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2AHNIm11944;
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:23:18 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16530569 for [email-masked]; Sat, 10
Mar 2001 11:23:17 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2AHNHm22250 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:23:17 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA11141 for [email-masked]; Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:23:16 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:23:16 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001a6ea

ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z MAR 01//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/091351Z MAR 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) IS LOCATED OF THE
NORTHERN TIP OF SUMATRA NEAR 7.0N7 96.0E5. ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES DISORGANIZED CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA.
A STRONG ZONAL JET TO THE NORTH IS CREATING STRONG VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR NORTH OF THE SYSTEM, HOWEVER UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
PRODUCT INDICATES WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE
LLCC. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATES A 15 TO 20 KNOT CIRCULATION.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 101200Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (DERA) WAS LOCATED AT
24.4S0 40.5E9, APPROXIMATELY 140 NM SOUTH OF EUROPA ISLAND, AND WAS
MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 101500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.6S4
40.0E4 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/BALDINGER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.