

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f1BAnEi06881
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Feb 2001 18:49:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f1BAlrg19813
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Feb 2001 18:48:17 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f1BAUJt18246;
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 04:30:19 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16116724 for [email-masked]; Sun, 11
Feb 2001 04:30:19 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f1BAUJt06006 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Feb 2001 04:30:19 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
EAA23570 for [email-masked]; Sun, 11 Feb 2001 04:30:18 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 11 Feb 2001 04:30:18 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400019e7c

ABIO10 PGTW 111030
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111030Z/111800Z FEB 01//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110751Z FEB 01//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 110600Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE 08P (WINSOME) WAS LOCATED AT
14.8S3 135.2E1 AND MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 102100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.6S2
111.7E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7 112.8E2, IN THE WESTERN TIMOR
SEA. CONVECTION CONTINUES TO BE WEAK IN THE AREA, HOWEVER A RECENT
SCATTEROMETER PASS AND MICROWAVE IMAGERY INDICATE A WELL DEFINED LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. UW-CIMSS SATELLITE DERIVED WIND PRODUCTS
INDICATE AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH SOUTHEAST OF THE SYSTEM, BUT WEAK
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE LLCC. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1000 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADED PARA 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/WAUGAMAN/HARRISON/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.