

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0ACoWf03528
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:50:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0ACmt529672
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:48:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f0ACXsE28076;
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:33:54 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15975166 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:33:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f0ACXpE06808
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:33:51
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
GAA19237 for [email-masked]; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:33:51 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:33:51 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400015d24

347
WTIO20 FMEE 101200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 10/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.6S/72.7E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE
NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 80 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 170 NM IN
THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/72.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/70.8 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE IMMOBILITY OF THE SYSTEM EXPLAINS ITS
RAPID WEAKENING. AS SOON AS IT MOVES AGAIN, IT COULD
REINTENSIFY.