

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3UDxlx28837
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:59:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3UDwsl11568
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:58:55 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3UDZw323874;
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:35:58 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17236357 for [email-masked]; Mon, 30
Apr 2001 08:35:58 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3UDZw320668 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:35:58 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
IAA28591 for [email-masked]; Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:36:00 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:36:00 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001b80d

ABIO10 PGTW 301400
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/301400Z/301800Z APR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 12.1N4 97.5E1, IN
THE ANDAMAN SEA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS WITH CONVECTION
NORTHWEST OF THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). SYNOPTIC DATA
INDICATES A WEAK, BUT WELL-DEFINED LLCC. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS
INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS SITUATED UNDER THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
AXIS. THE UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION: RE-ISSUED TO ADD POOR AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.