

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f258O4v08324
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:24:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f258Nb222688
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:23:37 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f258Ljt15392;
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 02:21:45 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16444350 for [email-masked]; Mon, 5
Mar 2001 02:21:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f258Ljt29822 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 5 Mar 2001 02:21:45 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
CAA03425 for [email-masked]; Mon, 5 Mar 2001 02:21:44 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 5 Mar 2001 02:21:44 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001a505

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 050830
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/050830Z/051800Z MAR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.9S8
50.5E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.1S3 50.5E0, APPROXIMATELY 90 NM
NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHERN TIP OF MADAGASCAR. VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CLOUD LINES ASSOCIATED WITH
THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH DEEP CONVECTION
DISPLACED NORTHWEST. A 050258Z0 QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALED A DEFINED
LLCC LOCATED OVER THE WESTERN EXTENSION OF THE NEAR EQUATORIAL
TROUGH. ALTHOUGH THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE IS SITUATED WELL POLEWARD OF
THE AREA, 200 MB ANAL INDICATES PRONOUNCED DIFFLUENT FLOW OVER THE
REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: RE-ISSUED TO UPGRADE POOR AREA IN PARAGRAPH
2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.