

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f09IQPw01454
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 02:26:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f09IOmM28785
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 02:24:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f09IRwE25584;
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:27:58 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15965618 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:27:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f09IRNE25772
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:27:23 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA03734 for [email-masked]; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:27:23 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:27:23 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400015abb

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

619
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/091800Z/101800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/090752Z JAN 01//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/090751Z JAN 01//
NARR/REF A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 090600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ANDO), WAS LOCATED NEAR
27.0S9 50.7E2, AND WAS TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWEST AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 090900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 090600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BINDU), WAS LOCATED
NEAR 15.7S3 72.4E3, AND WAS TRACKING WESTWARD AT 03 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 80 KNOTS GUSTING TO 100
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 090900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.6S8
132.3E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.9S2 132.0E6, OVER NORTHERN AUSTRALIA.
THE SYSTEM HAS MOVED OVER LAND BUT THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT IF THE SYSTEM MOVES OUT OVER WATER AGAIN. A RECENT
SCATTEROMETRY PASS SHOWS A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUES TO SHOW FAIR
ORGANIZATION OF THE CONVECTION, AND GOOD OUTFLOW TO THE EAST.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS TO FAIR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//