

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0P7g3S00834
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:42:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0P7eDQ05213
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:40:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0P7hiq34652;
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:43:44 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16054273 for [email-masked]; Thu, 25
Jan 2001 01:43:44 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0P7hhq36254 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:43:43 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
BAA25679 for [email-masked]; Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:43:43 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:43:43 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 06s (charly) Warning Nr 012
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400018939

572
WTXS31 PGTW 250900
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (CHARLY) WARNING NR 012
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
250600Z3 --- NEAR 24.6S2 59.1E5
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 230 DEGREES AT 13 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 040 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 24.6S2 59.1E5
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
251800Z6 --- 26.1S9 56.7E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 230 DEG/ 10 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
260600Z4 --- 27.3S2 55.0E0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
250900Z6 POSITION NEAR 25.0S7 58.5E8.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 06S (CHARLY), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 287 NM
SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF PORT LOUIS, MAURITIUS, HAS TRACKED SOUTHWESTWARD
AT 13 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED
ON 250530Z5 VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING
INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 TO
45 KNOTS. VISIBLE ANIMATION AND A PARTIAL 250357Z2 SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS DEPICT A FULLY EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER WITH ASSOCIATED WEAKENING CONVECTION SHEARED
APPROXIMATELY 36 NM TO THE EAST-SOUTHEAST. MODERATE TO STRONG UPPER
WEST-NORTHWESTERLIES SHOULD CONTINUE TO INFLUENCE THE SYSTEM THROUGH
THE PERIOD. THEREFORE, TC 06S IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE OVER THE NEXT
24 HOURS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 250600Z3 IS 15 FEET.
NEXT WARNINGS AT 252100Z0 (DTG 251951Z3).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.