

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f5A2Kpl04164
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 10 Jun 2001 10:20:51 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f5A2JVa11486
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 10 Jun 2001 10:19:32 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f5A2MKN44874;
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 21:22:20 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17832207 for [email-masked]; Sat, 9
Jun 2001 21:22:20 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f5A2MKN56980 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 9 Jun 2001 21:22:20 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
VAA20774 for [email-masked]; Sat, 9 Jun 2001 21:22:22 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 9 Jun 2001 21:22:22 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001c68b

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 100230
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN REISSUED/100230Z/101800Z JUN 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.6N5 85.5E8
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 19.0N0 90.0E9, IN THE NORTHERN BAY OF BENGAL.
ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS CONVECTION INCREASING IN
AREAL EXTENT WEST OF A PARTIALLY-EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) WITH SLIGHT IMPROVEMENT IN ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST
8 HOURS. RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY DEPICTS A WEAK CONVECTIVE BAND
SOUTH OF THE LLCC. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS A HIGH CENTERED NEAR
21.0N3 89.0E7 WITH WEAK EASTERLIES OVER THE LLCC. THE UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS NOW FAIR
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED POOR AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1) TO
FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.