

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f05I4xc24220
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 6 Jan 2001 02:04:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f05I3Qj01589
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 6 Jan 2001 02:03:26 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f05HmWE34772;
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:48:32 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15926591 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:48:31 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f05HjuE06820
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:45:57 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA24364 for [email-masked]; Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:45:56 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:45:56 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400014eaa

062
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050752Z JAN 01//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 050600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ANDO), WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.5S2 55.6E6, AND WAS TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWEST AT 09 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 115 KNOTS GUSTING TO 140 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 050900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.5S7
83.9E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.0S9 82.2E2, ABOUT 585 NM EAST OF DIEGO
GARCIA. RECENT SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES MODERATE CONVECTION HAS
BEGUN TO DEVELOP NEAR THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE
SYSTEM HAS BEEN MOVING ALONG THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS POSITIONED EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER
RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO
25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/SMITH/WILSON/CUTMAN//