

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f110AwK05437
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:10:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f110Aui03055
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:10:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f110BUt24872;
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:11:30 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 15974209 for [email-masked]; Wed, 31
Jan 2001 18:11:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f110BTt24866 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:11:29 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
SAA14635 for [email-masked]; Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:11:29 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:11:29 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: 1. Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400019a12

252
WTXS22 PGTW 010000
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
250 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 14.6S1 71.1E9 TO 18.8S7 65.0E1
WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 22 TO 28 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 312130Z0 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 15.0S6 69.4E9. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS:
ENHANCED INFRARED IMAGERY DEPICTS AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS
BECOME MORE ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. A 311715Z8 SPECIAL
SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) DEPECTED POSSIBLE DEVELOPING
BANDING FEATURE TO THE NORTHWEST OF A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER. SYSTEM HAS TRACKED SLOWLY UNDER THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE.
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY CONFIRMS IMPROVED OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT 22 TO 28 KTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT
24 HOURS IS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 020000Z2.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.