

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f21Hniw20572
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 2 Mar 2001 01:49:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f21HnKN05981
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 2 Mar 2001 01:49:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f21HoMt14864;
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:50:22 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16393602 for [email-masked]; Thu, 1
Mar 2001 11:50:22 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f21HoLt06404 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:50:21 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA11058 for [email-masked]; Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:50:21 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:50:21 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001a2fd

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z MAR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION NEAR 6.8S4 68.4E8, APPROXIMATELY
240 NM WEST OF DIEGO GARCIA HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS.
ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICT A POSSIBLE
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION.
SYNOPTIC DATA SUPPORTS A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION. THE 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES DIFFLUENT FLOW OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/JACKSON/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.