

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id fBKI24901890
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 21 Dec 2001 02:02:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id fBKI57G01146
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 21 Dec 2001 02:05:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fBKHr9626654;
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:53:09 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 573814 for [email-masked]; Thu, 20
Dec 2001 11:53:08 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fBKHr8626648 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:53:08 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA01957 for [email-masked]; Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:53:05 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:53:05 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400021a69

ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/201800Z/211800Z DEC 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.0N6
84.0E2 IS NOW LOCATED NORTHWEST OF SRI LANKA OVER THE GULF OF MANNAR
NEAR 9.0N9 79.0E6. WHILE CONVECTION HAS BECOME SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER
ORGANIZED DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS, IT IS MAINLY ASSOCIATED WITH A
WELL-DEFINED MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION WHILE THE WEAK LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC
CIRCULATION LAGS BEHIND OVER SOUTHERN SRI LANKA. UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW
FLOW IS FAIR BUT IMPROVING INSPITE OF THE MODERATE UPPER-LEVEL
SOUTHWESTRLY SHEAR. THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO TRACK WEST OR WEST-
NORTHWESTWARD ACROSS THE SOUTHERN TIP OF INDIA AND POSSIBLY EMERGE
OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN ARABIAN SEA IN 24 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: STEWART/LEEJOICE/JACOBS/SHERRI/LAM/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.