

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f04HUWb05924
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 Jan 2001 01:30:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f04HT1i27114
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 5 Jan 2001 01:29:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f04HQYE21142;
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:26:34 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15915587 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:26:32 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f04HM7E27550
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:22:07 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA01424 for [email-masked]; Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:22:06 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:22:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400014ba7

913
ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/030752Z JAN 01//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 040600Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ANDO), WAS LOCATED NEAR
13.7S1 57.5E7, AND WAS TRACKING SOUTHWEST AT 09 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 90 KNOTS GUSTING TO 110 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 040900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.9S7
89.5E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.5S7 83.9E0, SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA.
RECENT SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES MODERATE CONVECTION HAS BEGUN TO
REESTABLISH ITSELF AROUND THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A
RECENT QUICKSCATT PASS CONTINUES TO INDICATE AN LLCC ASSOCIATED WITH
THE SYSTEM. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/WAUGAMAN/HARRISON//