

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0BILSZ26580
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 02:21:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0BIJoZ04938
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 02:19:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f0BI55E33870;
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:05:06 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15991955 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:05:04 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f0BI4GE02714
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:04:17
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA09247 for [email-masked]; Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:04:16 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:04:16 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000160de

191
WTIO20 FMEE 111800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 11/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.9S/69.9E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL
NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
90 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM
IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/68.6 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 18.4 SOUTH/67.3 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  SMALL SYSTEM WHITH A STATIONNARY
INTENSITY, WHITH A STILL INSTABLE EYEL. IT ACCELERATES
WESTSOUTHWESTWARD IN DIRECTION OF THE WEAKNESS DEEPENED IN
RIDGE BY THE DEPRESSION EX-ANDO.