

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0A6eJf17908
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:40:19 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0A6cg514094
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:38:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f0A6JbE30798;
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:19:37 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15973282 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:19:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f0A6J9E25026
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:19:09
-0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
AAA16318 for [email-masked]; Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:19:09 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:19:09 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Pan Pan
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400015c51

251
WTIO20 FMEE 100600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 10/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.3S/72.7E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 400 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN
QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/72.5 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/71.5 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THIS ALMOSTSTATIONNARY, CONDENSED AND
ASYMMETRIC SYSTEM HAS SHOWN CLEAR SIGNS OK WEAKENING DURING
THE LAST 12 HOURS.=