

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f98IbBv00458
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Oct 2001 02:37:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id f98IdWi04218
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Oct 2001 02:39:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f98IIn628754;
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:18:49 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 18629653 for [email-masked]; Mon, 8
Oct 2001 13:18:49 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f98IIn628748 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:18:49 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
NAA25202 for [email-masked]; Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:18:48 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:18:48 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001fae9

ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z OCT 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/080752Z OCT 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.6N4
70.0E7, OVER THE ARABIAN SEA, HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY.
SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A
WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 081625Z2 SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS FAILED TO INDICATE ANY SIGNIFICANT
ORGANIZATION. THIS MORNINGS MID-LEVEL ANALYSIS REVEALS A MID
TROPOSPHERIC CYCLONE EXTENDING OVER THE REGION. 200 MB WIND ANALYSIS
INDICATES THAT THE DISTURBANCE IS BENEATH UPPER-LEVEL DIFFLUENT
FLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 18 TO 22 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 080600Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S WAS LOCATED NEAR 14.2S7
82.6E6, APPROXIMATELY 720 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND WAS
MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 8 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 080900)
FOR THE FINAL WARNING.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/VILPORS/HARRISON/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.