

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0GCNZ409278
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:23:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0GCLp300046
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:21:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0GCAFq16704;
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:10:15 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 15944576 for [email-masked]; Tue, 16
Jan 2001 06:10:15 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0GCAEq10596 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:10:15 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
GAA07582 for [email-masked]; Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:10:14 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:10:14 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400016ed2

878
WTIO20 FMEE 161200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 046/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 16/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (BINDU )
998 HPA
POSITION             : 22.3S/61.2E (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200
UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS FROM UP TO 150 NM
TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE,
AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT,
BUT REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT UP TO 150
NM, DUE TO THE STRONG GRADIANT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURE IN THE
SOUTH..
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 23.7 SOUTH/59.3 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 25.4 SOUTH/57.8 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  RAPIDE WEAKENING OF BINDU, NORTHWESTERLY
SHEARED.
IMPORTANT STRONG WINDS EXTENSION IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, DUE
TO PRESSURE GRANDIENT WHITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.