

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f1AL7Ef09468
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Feb 2001 05:07:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f1AL74405197
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Feb 2001 05:07:05 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f1AL7jt17632;
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:07:45 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16111918 for [email-masked]; Sat, 10
Feb 2001 15:07:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f1AL7jt26260 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:07:45 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
PAA16257 for [email-masked]; Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:07:44 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:07:44 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400019e66

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

448
ABIO10 PGTW 102130
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/102130Z/111800Z FEB 01//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/102021Z FEB 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION//
RMKS/1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.4S0
112.7E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.6S2 111.7E0. THIS AREA IS
EXPERIENCING A SUBSTANTIAL DECREASE IN CONVECTION AND STRONG
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR WHICH HAS INHIBITED DEVELOPMENT OF THIS AREA.
A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATES A BROAD SCALE CIRCULATION
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS AREA WHICH MAY BE ASSOCIATED WITH STRONG 40
KNOT WESTERLY SURFACE WINDS A FEW DEGREES TO THE NORTH. THE MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. THE MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1002 MB. THEREFORE, THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS
DOWNGRADED TO POOR. SEE TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
CANCELLATION (REF A) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: DOWNGRADED PARA 2.B.(1) TO POOR.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.