

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2NHrNq16083
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 24 Mar 2001 01:53:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2NHrYZ27482
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 24 Mar 2001 01:53:34 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2NHfLm28486;
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:41:21 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16695565 for [email-masked]; Fri, 23
Mar 2001 11:41:21 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2NHfKm08812 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:41:21 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA09233 for [email-masked]; Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:41:19 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:41:19 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001aa4e

ABIO10 PGTW 231800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/231800Z/241800Z MAR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION IN THE ANDAMAN SEA PREVIOUSLY
LOCATED NEAR 9.5N4 95.0E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.9N8 96.3E8. A
231407Z7 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS REVEALED A
POSSIBLE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) ASSOCIATED WITH CELLS
OF DEEP CONVECTION. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE LLCC IS
EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS IN MODERATE VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.0S3
57.0E2, APPROXIMATELY 500 NM NORTH OF MAURITIUS ISLAND, HAS
DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WILSON/HARRISON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.