

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id fB1HtPc16447
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 2 Dec 2001 01:55:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id fB1HwIR43027
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 2 Dec 2001 01:58:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fB1Hda646058;
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:39:36 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 336073 for [email-masked]; Sat, 1 Dec
2001 11:39:36 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fB1HdZ657920 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:39:35 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA20460 for [email-masked]; Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:39:34 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:39:34 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400021364

ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z DEC 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/010751Z DEC 01/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE CIRCULATION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.9N5 89.3E0 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 4.6N0 87.6E1, APPROXIMATELY 470 NM WEST OF SUMATRA.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS CYCLING, SCATTERED
CONVECTION OVER THE AREA. A RECENT TROPICAL RAINFALL MEASURING
MISSION (TRMM) IMAGE REVEALS THAT THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS
WEAK WITH LITTLE ASSOCIATED CONVECTION. RECENT UW CIMSS SHEAR
PRODUCTS AND THIS MORNINGS 200MB ANAL INDICATE THAT THERE IS WEAK TO
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5.5N0
63.0E9, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 4.8N2 60.3E9, APPROXIMATELY 660 NM EAST
OF SOMALIA. THIS MORNINGS SURFACE ANALYSIS AND A RECENT QUIKSCAT
PASS DEPICT A BROAD, WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE
CONVECTION. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS A BROAD AREA
OF CONVECTION NEAR THE CIRCULATION THAT REMAINS UNORGANIZED. UPPER
AIR ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS UNDER THE RIDGE AXIS IN A
REGION OF FAVORABLE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER DISTURBANCES.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 010600Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BESSI-BAKO) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 14.8S3 85.9E2, APPROXIMATELY 760 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS, AND WAS DRIFTING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 2 KNOTS DURING THE
PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 55 KNOTS GUS
TING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 010900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: VILPORS/MORRIS/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.