

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f417Bhx29636
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 May 2001 15:11:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f417Akl26780
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 May 2001 15:10:46 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f416tx345934;
Tue, 1 May 2001 01:55:59 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17254354 for [email-masked]; Tue, 1
May 2001 01:55:59 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f416tw336404 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 May 2001 01:55:58 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
BAA19659 for [email-masked]; Tue, 1 May 2001 01:56:00 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 1 May 2001 01:56:00 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001b84d

ABIO10 PGTW 010700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/010700Z/011800Z MAY 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE TROPICAL DISTURBANCE PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.6N9
96.6E1, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.7N0 96.5E0 IN THE ANDAMAN SEA.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) OVER THE
PAST 12 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA CONTINUES TO SUPPORT A WEAK LLCC. THE
200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC REMAINS UNDER THE
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS IN A REGION OF DIFFLUENT FLOW. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WAUGAMAN/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.