

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2KHSWU10334
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 21 Mar 2001 01:28:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f2KHSwZ15943
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 21 Mar 2001 01:28:59 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2KHRxm19178;
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:27:59 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16649317 for [email-masked]; Tue, 20
Mar 2001 11:27:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f2KHRqm16264 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:27:52 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA16418 for [email-masked]; Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:27:45 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:27:45 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001a966

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/201800Z/211800Z MAR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.0S5
68.0E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.4S7 62.8E6, APPROXIMATELY 400 NM NORTH
OF RODRIGUES ISLAND. VISIBLE AND INFRARED ANIMATION DEPICTS
PERSISTENT CYCLING CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A L0W LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALED A
WEAK LLCC SOUTHEAST OF THE CONVECTION. THE 200 MB ANAL INDICATES
WEAK EASTERLY WINDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
EXTENDING OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR
1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.0S6
115.4E1 IS NOW ASSOCIATED WITH A LLCC NEAR 18.0S9 118.0E0,
APPROXIMATELY 160 NM NORTH-NORTHWEST OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA.
ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE THE
PRESENCE OF A WEAK LLCC SOUTH OF THE DEEP CONVECTION. THE 200 MB
ANALYSIS SHOWS MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AFFECTING THE REGION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/HARRISON/WAUGAMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.