

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3QHTLf00483
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 27 Apr 2001 01:29:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3QHSpl13204
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 27 Apr 2001 01:28:52 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3QHEi323908;
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:14:45 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17195779 for [email-masked]; Thu, 26
Apr 2001 12:14:44 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3QHEi303350 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:14:44 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA29270 for [email-masked]; Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:14:46 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:14:46 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001b761

ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z APR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.4S1
76.6E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.0S8 78.0E5, APPROXIMATELY 300 NM EAST
OF DIEGO GARCIA. ENHANCED INFRARED ANIMATION DEPICTS WEAKENING
WIDESPREAD CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. A
RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALED A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER ON
THE EASTERN SIDE OF A REGION OF CONVECTION EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO
GARCIA. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE DISTURBANCE REMAINS
EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER RIDGE AXIS UNDER MODERATE NORTHEASTERLY
WINDS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WAUGAMAN/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.