

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f08HXdX01303
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 01:33:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f08HW3n23483
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 01:32:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f08HYrE23382;
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:34:53 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15953458 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:34:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f08HYME31024
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:34:23 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA07262 for [email-masked]; Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:34:22 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:34:22 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400015792

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

522
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/080752Z JAN 01//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/080751Z JAN 01//
NARR/REF A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 080600Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ANDO), WAS LOCATED NEAR
24.6S2 51.4E0, AND WAS TRACKING SOUTH AT 04 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 75 KNOTS GUSTING TO 90 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 080900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 080600Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BINDU), WAS LOCATED
NEAR 13.6E0 73.5E5, AND WAS TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWEST 09 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 080900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.5S7
74.7E8 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING (SEE REF B).
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.5S6
130.0E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.6S8 132.3E9, APPROXIMATELY 120 NM
NORTH-NORTHWEST OF DARWIN, AUSTRALIA IN THE TIMOR SEA. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION OVER THE
PAST 12 HOURS. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS INDICATES A DEVELOPING LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) MOVING WEST WITHIN A MONSOON TROUGH.
THE 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS AN UPPER RIDGE BUILDING OVER THE AREA AND
ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS IMPROVING OUTFLOW IN THE REGION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//