

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f08InTX06927
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 02:49:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f08Ilsn28167
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Jan 2001 02:47:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.11])
by postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f08IWvE10290;
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:32:58 -0600
Received: from POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU by POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 15954129 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:32:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f08ISqE22116
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:28:52 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA08807 for [email-masked]; Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:28:51 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:28:51 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000157c3

453
WTIO20 FMEE 081800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 08/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
974 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.2S/73.1E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
QUADRANT, AND EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE NORTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WHITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTRER, EXTENDING UP TO 70 NM IN THE EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
70 NM EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND
IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/72.8 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 17.7 SOUTH/72.1 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BINDU GOES ON INTENSIFYING. ITS TRACK,
ACTUALLY SOUTHSOUTWESTWARD, SHOULD CURVE SOUTHWESTWARD DURING
THE NEXT 24 HOURS, WITH THE AREA OF HIGH PRESSURES LOCATED IN
THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM.