

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0HIxQk18599
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:59:26 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0HIviP11746
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:57:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0HIbhq18676;
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:37:43 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 15962121 for [email-masked]; Wed, 17
Jan 2001 12:37:43 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0HIbhq24040 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:37:43 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA09432 for [email-masked]; Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:37:43 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:37:43 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Securite
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400017297

149
WTIO20 FMEE 171800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 17/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 05   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.3S/85.6E
(TWELVE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CERCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE
CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING VERY LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE
WINDS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 12.4 SOUTH/85.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 12.4 SOUTH/83.6 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL SLIGHTLY EASTERLY
SHEARED, BUT IT SHOULD PROFIT BY THE ARRIVAL OF HIGH PRESSURE
IN THE SOUTH AT MIDDLE RANGE. THE INTENSITY OF THE SYSTEM
DOESN T JUSFIFY UNTIL NOW THE ISSUE OF REGULAR WARNING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.