

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f35Him221541
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 6 Apr 2001 01:44:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f35HhgZ08689
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 6 Apr 2001 01:43:43 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f35Hjfm25170;
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:45:41 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16875330 for [email-masked]; Thu, 5
Apr 2001 12:45:36 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f35HjZm32810 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:45:35 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA09335 for [email-masked]; Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:45:37 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:45:37 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001ae77

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z APR 01//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/050751Z APR 01//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/051352Z APR 01//
REF/C/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/050753Z APR 01//
NARR/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 050600Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S WAS LOCATED NEAR 13.0Z4
77.0E4 AND MOVING NORTH AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW
050900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) AT 051200Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (WALTER) WAS LOCATED NEAR
12.3S6 96.1E6 AND MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 80 KNOTS GUSTING TO 100 KNOTS.
SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 051500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) AT 050600Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S (EVARISTE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 13.8S2 61.5E2 AND MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 60 KNOTS GUSTING TO 75
KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTXS33 PGTW 050900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.9S7
82.7E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.2S5 81.9E8 APPROXIMATELY 628 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ENHANCED INFRARED AND VISIBLE ANIMATION
DEPICT CYCLING BURSTS OF DEEP CONVECTION NEAR THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). EARLIER VIS INDICATED A PARTIALLY EXPOSED
LLCC WHICH HAS SINCE TUCKED BENEATH THE NEW CONVECTION. MUTUAL
CYCLONIC ROTATION WITH TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S HAS PERSISTED FOR ABOUT
12 HOURS. HOWEVER, DEEP CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH TC 16S HAS
WEAKENED CONSIDERABLY AND IT NOW APPEARS THAT THE FAIR AREA IS
BECOMING THE DOMINANT FEATURE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.