

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3UHMkx26399
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 May 2001 01:22:46 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f3UHLql21725
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 May 2001 01:21:53 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3UHMg317890;
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:22:42 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17241470 for [email-masked]; Mon, 30
Apr 2001 12:22:42 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f3UHMg325450 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:22:42 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA05147 for [email-masked]; Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:22:44 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:22:44 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001b820

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/301800Z APR 01/011800Z MAY 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.1N4
97.5E1, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.6N9 96.6E1 IN THE ANDAMAN SEA.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION
OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS WITH CONVECTION NORTHWEST OF THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A WEAK, BUT WELL-
DEFINED LLCC. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS
SITUATED UNDER THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS. THE UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS
INDICATES WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.