

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0OJ7ab15741
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:07:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mailgw.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f0OJ5nm10217
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:05:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0OIfrq06696;
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:41:53 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16044531 for [email-masked]; Wed, 24
Jan 2001 12:41:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f0OIfqq35174 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:41:52 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA09168 for [email-masked]; Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:41:52 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:41:52 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000187a8

318
ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/240751Z JAN 01//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/240051Z JAN 01//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 240600Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (CHARLY) WAS
LOCATED
NEAR 22.6S0 64.6E6 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 16 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 240900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21.6S9
50.5E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 21.5S8 49.7E0 OFF THE EAST COAST OF
MADAGASCAR. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT
CONVECTION HAS INCREASED IN AREAL EXTENT OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.
RECENT IMAGERY INDICATES A DECREASE IN WESTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
WITH DEEP CONVECTION BUILDING OVER THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
SEE REF B (WTXS21 PGTW 240100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO GOOD.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.0S3
111.0E3 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.