

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f9DIEQa16774
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 14 Oct 2001 02:14:26 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id f9DIGti64246
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 14 Oct 2001 02:16:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f9DHxI623078;
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:59:18 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 16391 for [email-masked]; Sat, 13 Oct
2001 12:59:17 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f9DHxH627150 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:59:17 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA00403 for [email-masked]; Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:59:17 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:59:17 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001fcd8

ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z OCT 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE REMNANTS OF TC 03A PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19.6N6
66.6E8 OVER THE NORTH ARABIAN SEA HAS WEAKENED CONSIDERABLY OVER THE
PAST 24 HOURS. A 131548Z2 SSM/I PASS DEPICTED ONLY ISOLATED CLUSTERS
OF CONVECTION. EARLIER VISIBLE ANIMATION DEPICTED THAT THE WEAK LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER OPENED UP. THEREFORE, THE AREA IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 15.0N6 85.0E3
OVER THE BAY OF BENGAL. EARLIER VISIBLE AND RECENT I/R ANIMATION
DEPICT PERSISTENT CONVECTION AND EXPANDING COVERAGE. SYNOPTIC DATA
REVEALS A BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER BENEATH THE CONVECTION.
THIS MORNINGS 200 MB ANAL INDICATES THAT THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
EXTENDS OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE
AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/HARRISON/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.