

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f9A8g1B11994
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:42:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id f9A8iIi62940
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:44:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f9A8Xa663436;
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:33:36 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 18658111 for [email-masked]; Wed, 10
Oct 2001 03:33:36 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f9A8Xa644746 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:33:36 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
DAA09811 for [email-masked]; Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:33:35 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:33:35 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N:    01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northio
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001fb95

WTIO31 PGTW 100900
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A WARNING NR 005 RELOCATED
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
100600Z7 --- NEAR 18.4N3 67.5E8
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 255 DEGREES AT 04 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 040 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 18.4N3 67.5E8
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
101800Z0 --- 18.5N4 67.0E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 03 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
110600Z8 --- 18.5N4 66.4E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
100900Z0 POSITION NEAR 18.4N3 67.4E7.
TC 03A HAS BEEN RELOCATED APPROXIMATELY 60 NM SOUTH BASED ON
ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA. THE VISIBLE IMAGERY
INDICATES THAT THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS DECOUPLED FROM THE DEEP
CONVECTION FURTHER NORTH. TC 03A, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 370 NM SOUTH
OF KARACHI, PAKISTAN, HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS DURING THE
PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 100530Z9 VISIBLE
AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. CURRENT INTENSITY IS BASED ON
SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS. VISIBLE IMAGERY
REVEALS AN EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) AND ISOLATED
CONVECTION NORTH. THE SYSTEM APPEARS TO HAVE WEAKENED CONSIDERABLY
OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS AND IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE OVER WATER IN
THE NEXT 12 HOURS. TC 03A WILL CONTINUE TO TRACK SLOWLY WESTWARD
UNDER THE STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE LOW TO MID-LEVEL RIDGE ANCHORED
OVER THE NORTHERN ARABIAN SEA THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 100600Z7 IS 08 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 RJTX
FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT 101500Z7,
102100Z4 AND 110300Z5.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.