

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f9OAu2e22740
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:56:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id f9OAwPi82580
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:58:26 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f9OAkM629206;
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 05:46:22 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 195250 for [email-masked]; Wed, 24
Oct 2001 05:46:21 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id f9OAkK639682 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 05:46:21 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
FAA26784 for [email-masked]; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 05:46:20 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 24 Oct 2001 05:46:20 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400020141

ABIO10 PGTW 241000
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN REISSUED/241000Z/241800Z OCT 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 14.1N6 95.9E3,
LOCATED IN THE ANDAMAN SEA. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
THAT THE CONVECTION HAS INTENSIFIED OVER THE LAST 12 HOURS. A
240302Z1 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSMI) PASS INDICATED A
BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS THE
LLCC LIES UNDERNEATH AN AREA OF FAVORABLE WIND SHEAR ASSOCIATED WITH
LIGHT EASTERLIES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5.0S5
97.5E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 7.5S2 99.4E2, SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA IN THE
SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD, POORLY DEFINED
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE
REGION IS BELOW WEAK NORTHERLIES ASSOCIATED WITH AN EXTENSION OF THE
UPPER LEVEL RIDGE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED 1.B.(1) POOR AREA.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/WHITCOMB/HARRISON/EDBERG/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.