

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f44IYkT25446
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 5 May 2001 02:34:46 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id f44IYHL23992
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 5 May 2001 02:34:19 +0800
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu ([email-masked] [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f44IFB334824;
Fri, 4 May 2001 13:15:11 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 17314616 for [email-masked]; Fri, 4
May 2001 13:15:10 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f44IF9355254 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 4 May 2001 13:15:10 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
NAA12899 for [email-masked]; Fri, 4 May 2001 13:15:11 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 4 May 2001 13:15:11 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40001b9b5

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z MAY 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.2N8
69.0E5 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY IN THE ARABIAN SEA. LATEST
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE ASSOCIATED DEEP
CONVECTION HAS DISSIPATED AND THE MID AND UPPER-LEVEL CIRCULATION
HAS BECOME LESS ORGANIZED. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR
1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITH THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY NEAR 7.0N7 89.0E7 HAS
DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.0S8
132.1E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 6.7S3 130.6E0. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY
INDICATES CYCLING CONVECTION. 200 MB ANAL REVEALS A SUB-EQUATORIAL
RIDGE, SITUATED OVER THE REGION CONTINUES TO ENHANCE THE CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITH THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.