

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g4BLg1x25009
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 May 2002 05:42:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g4BLfrub003586
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 May 2002 05:41:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g4BLfp670164;
Sat, 11 May 2002 16:41:51 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1919410 for [email-masked]; Sat, 11
May 2002 16:40:18 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g4BLeH623568 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 11 May 2002 16:40:17 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
QAA24601 for [email-masked]; Sat, 11 May 2002 16:40:10 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 11 May 2002 16:40:10 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000245da

WTXS31 PGTW 112100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S (KESINY) WARNING NR 018
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
111800Z1 --- NEAR 15.9S5 46.9E9
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 180 DEGREES AT 01 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
REPEAT POSIT: 15.9S5 46.9E9
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
120600Z9 --- 16.2S9 46.8E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
112100Z5 POSITION NEAR 6.2S8 95.0E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S (KESINY) REMAINS INLAND TO THE NORTHEAST
OF MAHAJANGA, MADAGASCAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 35 KNOTS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
111730Z3 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
ON SYNOPTIC OBSERVATIONS AND ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS. TC 23S IS
FORECAST TO DRIFT SOUTHWARD AND DISSIPATE OVER LAND. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 111800Z1 IS 10 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (ERROL) WARNINGS
(WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.