

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g4E8IcP11246
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 May 2002 16:18:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g4E8IY8N036647
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 May 2002 16:18:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g4E8IS676378;
Tue, 14 May 2002 03:18:28 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1960883 for [email-masked]; Tue, 14
May 2002 03:18:28 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g4E8IR624178 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 May 2002 03:18:27 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
DAA17304 for [email-masked]; Tue, 14 May 2002 03:18:20 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 14 May 2002 03:18:20 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj: Tropical Cyclone Warning
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400024691

WTXS32 PGTW 140900
SUBJ: TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (ERROL) WARNING NR 010
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
140600Z1 --- NEAR 10.0S1 96.8E3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 145 DEGREES AT 07 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 10.0S1 96.8E3
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
141800Z4 --- 11.4S6 97.2E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
140900Z4 POSITION NEAR 10.3S4 96.9E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 24S (ERROL) HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 07
KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS AND IS NOW LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 130 NM
MILES TO THE NORTH OF THE COCOS ISLANDS. THE WARNING POSITION IS
BASED ON 140530Z3 VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE
WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES
OF 25 KNOTS. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS AN EXPOSED
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER AS CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE
SYSTEM CONTINUES TO DISSIPATE. TC 24S IS FORECAST TO TRACK SOUTHWARD
THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD UNDER THE STEERING INFLUENCE OF A LOW TO
MID LEVEL RIDGE TO THE EAST. TC 24S IS FORECASTED TO DISSIPATE IN 12
HOURS AS IT TRACKS INTO INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. THE
AVAILABLE AIDS ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT AND INCLUDE NOGAPS, UK MET
GLOBAL, AVIATION, GFDN, AND THE BETA ADVECTION MODELS. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 140600Z1 IS 10 FEET. THIS IS THE
FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.