

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 26 Oct 2002 04:01:21 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id g9PK1FTW029235	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 04:01:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id g9PGVHmG015756; Fri,
25 Oct 2002 14:31:15 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1836256 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:31:14 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id g9PJVETw013154
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:31:14 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id g9PJVA1v008635
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
25 Oct 2002 14:31:10 -0500 (CDT)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          g9PJVA34008634 for [email-masked]; Fri,
25 Oct 2002 14:31:10 -0500 (CDT)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:31:10 -0500
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Subj/tropical Cyclone Formation Alert Cancellation 251921z
Oct 02//
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXII, Probability=32%, Report=SUBJ_HAS_SPACES

WTIO21 PGTW 251930
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION 251921Z OCT 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/242021Z OCT 02//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO PGTW 242030)//
RMKS/
1. REMARKS:
THIS CANCELS REF A.
THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.8N3 80.9E7 IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 14.7N2 80.7E5, APPROXIMATELY 100 NM NORTH-NORTHEAST OF
MADRAS, INDIA. ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES THE DEEP CONVECTION IS ON THE EASTERN COAST OF INDIA, JUST
WEST OF THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 251620Z6 SSM/I
PASS DEPICTS A SMALL AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION WEST OF A WEAK LLCC.
THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS NEAR THE RIDGE AXIS IN
AN AREA OF WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND MODERATE DIFFLUENCE ALOFT.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO
TRACK OVER LAND WITHIN THE NEXT 6 TO 12 HOURS. DUE TO THE WEAKENING
CONVECTION AND EXPECTED MOVEMENT INTO AN UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT,
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.