

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g0UGsL227299
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:54:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id g0UGvh946131
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:57:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0UGvU634554;
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:57:30 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 475697 for [email-masked]; Wed, 30
Jan 2002 10:57:08 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0UGv8636360 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:57:08 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
KAA22437 for [email-masked]; Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:57:04 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:57:04 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400022709

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/301800Z/311800Z JAN 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3.0N3
90.0E9 OVER THE SOUTHERN BAY OF BENGAL HAS MOVED NORTHWEST AND IS
NOW CENTERED NEAR 8.0N8 86.OE4. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY DEPICTS A
BROAD AREA OF CYCLING CONVECTION. RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS ALONG WITH
LATEST SYNOPTIC OBSERVATIONS CONTINUE TO INDICATE AN ASSOCIATED  WEAK
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). SYSTEM REMAINS IN AN AREA OF
WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ON THE WESTERN PERIPHERY OF A MIDDLE TO
UPPER LEVEL RIDGE. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATES DRY MIDLE LEVEL AIR
THROUGHOUT THIS AREA.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS ARE ESTIMATED TO
BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.9S1
95.1E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.5S8 91.5E5 APPROXIMATELY 320 NM WEST
OF THE COCOS ISLAND IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. SATELLITE ANIMATION
DEPICTS A POSSIBLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH LINEAR
BANDS OF PERSISTENT CONVECTION FEEDING INTO IT. FEATURE IS CURRENTLY
LOCATED NORTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE IN A REGION OF MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: HOLWEG/WAUGAMAN/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.