

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g0IHEvh05883
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Jan 2002 01:14:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id g0IHIDp66497
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Jan 2002 01:18:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0IHHx626798;
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:17:59 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 316900 for [email-masked]; Fri, 18
Jan 2002 11:17:59 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0IHHw618256 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:17:59 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA07211 for [email-masked]; Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:17:54 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:17:54 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400022288

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z JAN 02//
REF/A//RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/180751 JAN 02//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 180600Z5 TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (DINA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
13.6S0 69.9E4 AND MOVING SOUTHWEST AT 18 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 180900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.4S5
73.8E8 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) FOR DETAILS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.5S0
44.5E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.5S1 43.5E2 IN THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES CYCLING CONVECTION
WITHIN A REGION OF MODERATE TO HIGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 7.5S2 90.0E9 IN
THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AND HAS PERSISTED OVER THE LAST 12 HOURS.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES CYCLING CONVECTION
WITHIN A REGION OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED TO 1007MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/BRYANT/LEEJOICE/HARRISON/LAM/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.