

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g39IEjt21487
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Apr 2002 02:14:45 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g39IEfSi060198
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Apr 2002 02:14:42 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g39Hjo614774;
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:45:50 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1305496 for [email-masked]; Tue, 9
Apr 2002 12:45:50 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g39Hjo619396 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:45:50 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA16848 for [email-masked]; Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:45:46 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:45:46 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400023bcf

ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/091800Z/101800Z APR 02//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/091351Z APR 02//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/091721Z APR 02//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 091200Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 21S (DIANNE-JERY), WAS
LOCATED NEAR 17.8S6 88.0E6, APPROXIMATELY 615 NM SOUTHWEST OF THE
COCOS ISLANDS, AND WAS MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS DURING THE
PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 105 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 130 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 091500) FOR FURTHER
INFORMATION.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.2S0
130.5E9, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.7S5 128.8E9, APPROXIMATELY 300 NM
NORTHWEST OF DARWIN IN THE TIMOR SEA. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES INCREASING DEEP CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES DIFFLUENCE
AND WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ASSOCIATED WITH THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
EXTENDING ALONG 12.0S3. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20
TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB.
SEE REF B (WTXS22 PGTW 091730) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WINGEART/MAYER/LAM/TON/DUKES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.