

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 12 Nov 2002 04:21:42 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id gABKLWDY001816	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 04:21:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id gABHxxkM010528; Mon,
11 Nov 2002 14:16:40 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 2153519 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:13:59 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id gABKDwTw004180
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:13:59 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id gABKDq1v010551
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
11 Nov 2002 14:13:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          gABKDqb7010550 for [email-masked]; Mon,
11 Nov 2002 14:13:52 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:13:52 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 03b Warning Nr 002
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

WTIO31 PGTW 112100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 03B WARNING NR 002
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
111800Z1 --- NEAR 16.3N0 85.3E6
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 010 DEGREES AT 10 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
REPEAT POSIT: 16.3N0 85.3E6
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
120600Z9 --- 18.7N6 86.4E8
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 055 NM
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 030 DEG/ 15 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
121800Z2 --- 21.3N6 88.1E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 040 DEG/ 10 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
130600Z0 --- 22.9N3 89.5E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 045 DEG/ 10 KTS
---
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
131800Z3 --- 24.3N9 91.1E1
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
VECTOR TO 72 HR POSIT: 060 DEG/ 09 KTS
---
72 HRS, VALID AT:
141800Z4 --- 25.9N6 94.6E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
112100Z5 POSITION NEAR 16.9N6 85.6E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 03B LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 410 NM SOUTH-
SOUTHWEST OF CALCUTTA, INDIA, HAS TRACKED NORTHWARD AT 10 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 111730Z3
ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 AND 35 KNOTS.
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES GOOD OUTFLOW IS PRESENT TO THE
NORTH OF THE SYSTEM. AN 111527Z7 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER
(SSM/I) PASS REVEALS A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION WITH
THE DEEP CONVECTION PRIMARILY TO THE NORTH OF THE LLCC. UPPER LEVEL
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS NEAR THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS
WITH GOOD DIVERGENCE ALOFT. TC 03B IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE TRACKING
NORTHWARD TO NORTHEASTWARD THROUGH 48 HOURS AND THEN EAST-
NORTHEASTWARD ALONG THE NORTHWESTERN PERIPHERY OF THE RIDGE. TC 03B
IS EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY ONLY SLIGHTLY IN THE EARLY PERIOD AND THEN
SLOWLY WEAKEN THROUGH 72 HOURS AS IT TRACKS ABOVE THE RIDGE AXIS
INTO INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR UNTIL DISSIPATION IS COMPLETE.
MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 111800Z1 IS 10 FEET. REFER TO
WWIO31 RJTX FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT
120300Z6, 120900Z2, 121500Z9 AND 122100Z6.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.