

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g43IIDe16106
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 4 May 2002 02:18:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g43II46K019739
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 4 May 2002 02:18:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g43IHU658626;
Fri, 3 May 2002 13:17:30 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1769210 for [email-masked]; Fri, 3
May 2002 13:17:30 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g43IHT645858 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 3 May 2002 13:17:29 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
NAA10292 for [email-masked]; Fri, 3 May 2002 13:17:22 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Fri, 3 May 2002 13:17:22 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000242e2

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 031800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/031800/041800Z MAY 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/030751Z MAY 02//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.9N3
81.4E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 5.5N0 76.0E3, APPROXIMATELY 245 NM WEST-
SOUTHWEST OF SRI LANKA. EARLIER VISIBLE AND ENHANCED INFRARED
ANIMATION DEPICT DEEP CONVECTION DISPLACED WELL TO THE NORTH OF A
BROAD, LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). AN UPPER LEVEL SUB-
EQUATORIAL RIDGE IS ENHANCING THE CONVECTION IN THE VICINITY OF
SOUTHWESTERN COAST OF INDIA. SYNOPTIC DATA REVEALS THAT THE LLCC IS
SITUATED OVER A NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH THAT STRETCHES WESTWARD OVER
THE SOUTHERN PORTION OF THE ARABIAN SEA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED TO BE AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.

(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 030600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S WAS LOCATED NEAR
8.8S6 65.3E4 ABOUT 420 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF DIEGO GARCIA AND WAS
MOVING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 06 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.8S5
62.2E0 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING (SEE PARA
1.B.(1) FOR DETAILS).
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/KUMAGA/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.