

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g2UJ7R028918
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:07:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g2UJ7N7T064674
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:07:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g2UIoX643788;
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:50:33 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1153750 for [email-masked]; Sat, 30
Mar 2002 12:50:32 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g2UIoW643784 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:50:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA14561 for [email-masked]; Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:50:28 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:50:28 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)
To: [email-masked]
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400023972

WTIO20 FMEE 301800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 033/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 30/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12  (EX-IKALA )
999 HPA
POSITION             : 25.3S/77.1E (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT
1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL SQUALLS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM FROM THE
CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 27.7 SOUTH/76.3 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 30.5 SOUTH/77.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS PERSIST FAR AWAY FROM THE
CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH
THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.