

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g0N33em09001
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:03:40 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id g0N36wt84005
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:06:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0N2j6677258;
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:45:06 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 363410 for [email-masked]; Tue, 22
Jan 2002 20:45:06 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0N2j5618214 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:45:05 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
UAA09651 for [email-masked]; Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:45:01 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:45:01 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000223d0

ABIO10 PGTW 230300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN REISSUE/230300Z/231800Z JAN 02//
REF/A//RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/221951Z JAN 02//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 221800Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (DINA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
20.3S5 54.9E8 MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 08 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 222100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.0S1
86.4E8 IS NOW NEAR 11.2S4 90.4E3, APPROXIMATELY 400 NM WEST OF THE
COCOS ISLANDS IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS CONTINUED CYCLING CONVECTION WITH INCREASING DIFFLUENCE ALOFT
OVER THE AREA. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE DISTURBANCE REMAINS
EQUATORWARD OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE WITHIN A REGION OF DECREASING
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15
TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADE 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: HOLWEG/WAUGAMAN/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.