

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g25M9Jo10076
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 6 Mar 2002 06:09:19 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id g25M9Gn99551
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 6 Mar 2002 06:09:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g25LlB628126;
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:47:11 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 756349 for [email-masked]; Tue, 5 Mar
2002 15:47:11 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g25LlB681204 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:47:11 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
PAA10276 for [email-masked]; Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:47:06 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:47:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000231c0

ABIO10 PGTW 052200 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/052200Z/061800Z MAR 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/051621Z MAR 02//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.3S4
66.5E7, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10.7S8 65.7E8, APPROXIMATELY 450 NM
WEST-SOUTHWEST OF DIEGO GARCIA. A RECENT QUICKSCAT PASS INDICATES A
BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC), WHILE ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS INCREASED ORGANIZATION OF THE DEEP CONVECTION NEAR
THE LLCC. A 051414Z5 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGE (SSMI) PASS ALSO
REVEALS IMPROVED SYSTEM ORGANIZATION. 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS THE AREA
IS UNDER WEAK DIFFLUENT FLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. SEE REF A (WTXS21 PGTW 051630) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS NOW GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR CORRECTION: ADDED REF A AND INCLUDED REF A IN
PARA 2.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: BRYANT/JACOBS/SHERRY/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.