

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g0LHvw510356
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 22 Jan 2002 01:57:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id g0LI1Gt42380
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:01:17 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0LHgp613010;
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:42:51 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 344358 for [email-masked]; Mon, 21
Jan 2002 11:42:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0LHgj677074 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:42:45 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA11389 for [email-masked]; Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:42:41 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:42:41 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400022445

ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z JAN 02//
REF/A//RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/210751Z JAN 02//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 210600Z9 TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (DINA) WAS LOCATED NEAR 18.9S8
60.5E1 AND MOVING WEST AT 10 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 210900)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.7S4
88.0E6 IS NOW NEAR 9.0S9 90.0E9 APPROXIMATELY 500 NM WEST-NORTHWEST
OF THE COCOS ISLANDS IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. RECENT MICROWAVE
PASSES AND AN EARLIER QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATED A WEAK ELONGATED
LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE
DISTURBANCE IS EQUATORWARD OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE WITHIN A REGION
OF MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS
POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: HOLWEG/WAUGAMAN/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.