

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g2CI1dY17075
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:01:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id g2CI1Zx77674
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:01:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g2CHe7626750;
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:40:12 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 875243 for [email-masked]; Tue, 12
Mar 2002 11:40:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g2CHe7626744 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:40:07 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA13472 for [email-masked]; Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:40:06 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:40:06 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000233cc

ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800Z/131800Z MAR 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/121353Z MAR 02//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 121200Z6, TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S (HARY) WAS LOCATED NEAR
26.4S2 54.5E4, APPROXIMATELY 320 NM SOUTH OF LA REUNION ISLAND,
TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 17 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 95 KNOTS GUSTING TO 115
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 121500) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.0S1
102.0E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.0S3 101.0E2, APPROXIMATELY 260 NM
EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN.
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES UNORGANIZED DEEP CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THE 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE DIFFLUENCE ALOFT ASSOCIATED WITH AN
UPPER LEVEL RIDGE ANCHORED NEAR 14.0S5 107.0E8. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WINGEART/MAYER/LAM/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.