

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g01GlVb07715
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Jan 2002 00:47:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id g01Goew15343
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 2 Jan 2002 00:50:41 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g01Goc658072;
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 10:50:38 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 653032 for [email-masked]; Tue, 1 Jan
2002 10:50:27 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g01GoQ646978 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Jan 2002 10:50:26 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
KAA24247 for [email-masked]; Tue, 1 Jan 2002 10:50:24 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 1 Jan 2002 10:50:24 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400021cd1

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z JAN 02//
REF/A/NAVPACTMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/311951Z DEC 01//
REF/B/NAVPCATMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/010751Z JAN 02//
NARR/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 311800Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B (VAMEI), LOCATED OVER
THE BAY OF BENGAL, WAS SITUATED NEAR 3.4N7 90.5E4 MOVING WEST AT 06
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 312100 AMD) FOR THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 010600Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (CYPRIEN) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20.2S4 41.0E5, OVER THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL, AND WAS MOVING
EASTWARD AT 06 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45
KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 010900) FOR MORE
DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19.9S9
38.8E9 OVER THE MOZAMBIQUE. AS OF 011200Z4, THE SUSPECT AREA IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 20.7S9 41.6E1 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE
WARNING. SEE PARA 2.A(1) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/HARRISON/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.