

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g4CGqEM08418
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 13 May 2002 00:52:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g4CGqA8N080058
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 13 May 2002 00:52:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g4CGq3657022;
Sun, 12 May 2002 11:52:03 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1927914 for [email-masked]; Sun, 12
May 2002 11:50:22 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g4CGoL623286 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 May 2002 11:50:21 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA03682 for [email-masked]; Sun, 12 May 2002 11:50:14 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 12 May 2002 11:50:14 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000245f7

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800/131800Z MAY 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/120754Z MAY 02//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/111951Z MAY 02//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/120753Z MAY 02//
NARR/REFS A, B, AND C ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02B MADE LANDFALL AT (APPROX)
112300Z7, JUST EAST OF RANGOON, MYANMAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO32
PGTW 120900) FOR THE FINAL WARNING.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S (KESINY) DISSIPATED OVER LAND,
APPROXIMATELY 40 NM EAST OF MAHAJANGA, MADAGASCAR. SEE REF B (WTXS31
PGTW 112100) FOR THE FINAL WARNING.
(2) AT 120600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 24S (ERROL) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 6.3S9 95.0E4, APPROXIMATELY 365 NM NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS, AND HAS REMAINED STATIONARY DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50
KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTXS32 PGTW 120900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WINGEART/LAM/TON/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.