

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g3U2CCO26503
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:12:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g3U2C86K087657
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:12:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g3U2BZ638780;
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:11:35 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1687474 for [email-masked]; Mon, 29
Apr 2002 21:11:30 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g3U2BT680566 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:11:29 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
VAA09176 for [email-masked]; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:11:22 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:11:22 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000241c6

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 300130
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN REISSUED/300130Z/301800Z APR 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 4.5S9 48.3S5
ABOUT 475 NM NORTH OF MADAGASCAR. VISIBLE AND ENHANCED INFRARED
ANIMATION DEPICT EXPANDING COVERAGE OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. SYNOPTIC
DATA INDICATES A DEVELOPING LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) SITUATED OVER A NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 6.7S3 69.7E2
APPROXIMATELY 170 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ENHANCED
INFRARED ANIMATION AND SYNOPTIC DATA DEPICT A BROAD, LLCC ASSOCIATED
WITH A NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY
REVEALS PRONOUNCED OUTFLOW OVER THE SYSTEM. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED PARA 2.B.(2) POOR AREA.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/JACOBS/SHERRY/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.