

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:07:34 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g7R97Uha058080	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:07:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id g7R7coIM079954; Tue,
27 Aug 2002 03:59:23 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 642103 for [email-masked]; Tue,
27 Aug 2002 03:59:22 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id g7R8xKCI012524
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:59:20 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3)
id          DAA07184 for [email-masked]; Tue,
27 Aug 2002 03:59:13 -0500 (CDT)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:59:13 -0500
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>

ABIO10 PGTW 270700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/261800Z/271800Z AUG 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 20.4N6 64.7E7,
APPROXIMATELY 300 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF KARACHI, PAKISTAN. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION ASSOCIATED
WITH A MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION IN THE NORTH ARABIAN SEA. RECENT
QUIKSCAT PASSES INDICATED NO LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION AT PRESENT, BUT
STRONG SPEED CONVERGENCE. A 262141Z6 TRMM PASS SUGGESTS A WEAK MID-
LEVEL CIRCULATION. UPPER AIR ANALYSIS REVEALS GOOD EQUATORWARD AND
POLEWARD DIVERGENCE WITH A MODERATE VERTICAL SHEAR PROFILE. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
1005 MB.  THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED PARA 1.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/MORRIS/DUKES/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.