

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g2RI7Wt21419
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 28 Mar 2002 02:07:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g2RI7S7T046374
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 28 Mar 2002 02:07:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g2RHix619300;
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:44:59 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1107234 for [email-masked]; Wed, 27
Mar 2002 11:42:58 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g2RHgu654890 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:42:56 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA10732 for [email-masked]; Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:42:57 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:42:57 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status: RO
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000238ac

ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/271800Z/281800Z MAR 02//
REF/A/RMG/FLENUMMETOCCEN DATA MONTEREY CA/270751Z MAR 02/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 270600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 20S (IKALA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.2N9 75.5E7, APPROXIMATELY 560 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA,
AND HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 08 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 06 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 105 KNOTS GUSTING TO 130
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 270900) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.5S2
55.6E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.5S4 .2E5, APPROXIMATELY 150 NM NORTH
OF MADAGASCAR. EARLIER ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATED A
BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION WITH ASSOCIATED CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS
SATELLITE DERIVED WINDS ANALYSES INDICATE THAT THE AREA IS UNDER WEAK
TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: VILPORS/WAUGAMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.