

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g45HUBb27881
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 6 May 2002 01:30:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g45HU7ZK078131
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 6 May 2002 01:30:09 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g45HU6666226;
Sun, 5 May 2002 12:30:06 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1795204 for [email-masked]; Sun, 5
May 2002 12:28:39 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g45HSc658844 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 5 May 2002 12:28:38 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA11417 for [email-masked]; Sun, 5 May 2002 12:28:31 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 5 May 2002 12:28:31 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40002439d

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800/061800Z MAY 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050751Z MAY 02//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.0N7
70.0E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.4N2 66.3E5 OVER THE SOUTH CENTRAL
ARABIAN SEA. MULTI-SPECTRAL ANIMATION DEPICTS LOW CLOUD LINES
BEGINNING TO DEFINE A CONSOLIDATING LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
BENEATH RECENTLY DEVELOPED DEEP CONVECTION. IMAGERY ALSO REVEALS
THAT THE SYSTEM HAD BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.
THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN TRACKING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 9 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1001 MB. BECAUSE OF THE
SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS, THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 050600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S (KESINY) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 10.1S2 64.3E3, OVER THE SOUTH CENTRAL INDIAN OCEAN, AND
WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/SHERRY/DUKES//
BT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.