

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 25 Oct 2002 06:23:59 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id g9OMNrTW031124	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 06:23:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id g9OFI4EK026188; Thu,
24 Oct 2002 16:48:50 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1817597 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:48:49 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id g9OLmnTw028738
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:48:49 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id g9OLmg1v016988
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
24 Oct 2002 16:48:42 -0500 (CDT)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          g9OLmgAU016987 for [email-masked]; Thu,
24 Oct 2002 16:48:42 -0500 (CDT)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:48:42 -0500
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Subj/tropical Cyclone Formation Alert 242021zoct2002//
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

WTIO21 PGTW 242030
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 242021ZOCT2002//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/232021ZOCT2002//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 232030)//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
090 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 13.3N7 82.7E7 TO 13.8N2 80.4E2
WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 242000Z8 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 13.4N8 82.2E2. THE SYSTEM IS QUASI-STATIONARY.
2. REMARKS:
YESTERDAY'S VISIBLE ANIMATION AND A 241618Z2 37 GHZ TRMM IMAGE
CONINTUE TO DEPICT TWO POSSIBLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTERS. THE
241800Z5 POSITION IS BASED ON THE CIRCULATION WITH THE MOST DEFINED
BANDING FEATURE. NOGAPS AND UKMET DISSIPATE THE VORTEX WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS. THE GFS (AVN) RUN INDICATES A WEAK REFLECTION MOVING
OVER THE ORISSA COAST WITHIN THE NEXT 18 HOURS. THE LOW/MID STEERING
ENVIRONMENT CONTINUES TO BE VERY WEAK AS A WEAKENING HIGH OVER THE
CENTRAL BAY REMAINS THE DOMINANT FEATURE. THE TCFA HAS BEEN
REISSUED BASED ON FAVORABLE CONDITIONS ALOFT AND THE PERSISENT
BANDING FEATURE OVER THE NORTH QUADRANT. THIS SUPERSEDES REF A.
3. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
252030Z2.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.