

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 09 Nov 2002 01:46:54 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id gA8HklJS060442	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 09 Nov 2002 01:46:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id gA8FTEhw007928; Fri,
08 Nov 2002 11:40:36 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 2091070 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:40:36 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id gA8HeZTw032468
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:40:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id gA8HeT1v014974
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
08 Nov 2002 11:40:29 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          gA8HeSV2014971 for [email-masked]; Fri,
08 Nov 2002 11:40:28 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:40:28 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Africa):
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ABIO10 PGTW 081800
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.3N9
86.0E4 HAS WEAKENED. A 081449Z6 SSM/I PASS INDICATED ONLY WEAK
CONVECTION AND NO SUGGESTION OF A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
THEREFORE THE AREA IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1)  THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02S (ATANG) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 8.8S6 52.6E3, APPROXIMATELY 285 NM NORTHEAST OF
MADAGASCAR. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE
MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION IS INTACT. UPPER AIR ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR IS WEAK AND THE AREA IS UNDER GOOD UPPER LEVEL
DIVERGENCE AS A RESULT OF BEING NEAR THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS. A
081447Z4 SSM/I PASS SUGGESTS ONLY THE PRESENCE OF A WEAK LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). DUE TO THE FAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL
CONDITIONS AND THE MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
REDEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS NOW FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/HEATH/DUKES/COOK//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.