

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g48Igt814470
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 May 2002 02:42:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g48Igmub033747
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 9 May 2002 02:42:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g48IBm656216;
Wed, 8 May 2002 13:11:48 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1862214 for [email-masked]; Wed, 8
May 2002 13:11:45 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g48IBh650732 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 May 2002 13:11:43 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
NAA06702 for [email-masked]; Wed, 8 May 2002 13:11:36 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 8 May 2002 13:11:36 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000244e1

ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800/091800Z MAY 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/081352Z MAY 02//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/080751Z MAY 02//
NARR/REF A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 081200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 01A WAS LOCATED NEAR
13.4N8 60.4E0, APPROXIMATELY 425 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF OMAN, TRACKING
WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 9 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 081500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.8N2
94.7E0, HAS BEEN RELOCATED NEAR 8.4N2 95.1E5 APPROXIMATELY 170 NM
NORTH OF SUMATRA. ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED IMAGERY DEPICTS CYCLING
SCATTERED CYCLING CONVECTION PERSISTING WITH NO INDICATIONS OF A
SIGNIFICANT LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) AT THIS TIME. 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK UPPER LEVEL DIFFLUENCE AND MODERATE VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITH IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 080600Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S (KESINY) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 11.8S0 55.5E5, APPROXIMATELY 355 NM EAST OF THE
NORTHERN TIP OF MADAGASCAR, TRACKING WESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS DURING THE
PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 080900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.5S9
97.5E1, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 5.2S7 96.8E3, APPROXIMATELY 400 NM NORTH
OF THE COCOS ISLANDS. ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS
CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION. 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS MODERATE UPPER LEVEL
DIFFLUENCE WITH MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE SYSTEM.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BRYANT/JACOBS/SHERRY/RONSSE/DUKES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.