

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g47IQ6003359
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 May 2002 02:26:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g47IQ1ub066206
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 8 May 2002 02:26:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g47I5i614100;
Tue, 7 May 2002 13:05:44 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1839119 for [email-masked]; Tue, 7
May 2002 13:05:44 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g47I5g631232 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 May 2002 13:05:42 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
NAA04277 for [email-masked]; Tue, 7 May 2002 13:05:35 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 7 May 2002 13:05:35 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40002447a

WTIO22 FMEE 071800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 07/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
988 HPA
POSITION             : 11.4S/57.7E (ELEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE WESTERN
SEMI-CERCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
60 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 11.9 SOUTH/56.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 12.4 SOUTH/54.2 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE
SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.