

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g0VCQRw12496
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:26:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id g0VCTl907338
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:29:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0VC5g661236;
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:05:42 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 487903 for [email-masked]; Thu, 31
Jan 2002 06:05:42 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0VC5g614718 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:05:42 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
GAA11021 for [email-masked]; Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:05:38 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:05:38 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400022758

WTIO20 FMEE 311200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 31/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 08   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.4S/89.9E
(TWELVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL
NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE
EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE AND LOCAL SQUALLS IN
THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT AND MODERATE SEAS AROUND THE CENTRE,
REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS
IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.4 SOUTH/90.2 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 14.2 SOUTH/89.6 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE WINDS ARE STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH HIGH PRESSURES.
THE SYSTEM REMAINS EASTNORTHEASTERLY SHEARED WITH A FULLY EXPOSED
LLCC.
AT THIS STAGE THE SYSTEM DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR
WARNINGS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.