

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g5KGnq028915
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:49:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g5KGnmX5075504
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:49:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g5KGna630888;
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:49:37 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 2450924 for [email-masked]; Thu, 20
Jun 2002 11:47:57 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g5KGlv648962 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:47:57 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA19335 for [email-masked]; Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:47:49 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:47:49 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000252f3

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/201800Z/211800Z JUN 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE SUSPECT AREA PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.0N9 88.0E6, IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 19.6N6 88.9E5, APPROXIMATELY 180 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST
OF CALCUTTA, INDIA IN THE BAY OF BENGAL. A 201148Z6 QUIKSCAT PASS
REVEALS A BROAD, WEAK CYCLONIC CIRCULATION NORTHEAST OF THE PREVIOUS
LOCATION. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE DEEP CONVECTIO
N
REMAINS DISORGANIZED AND SOUTH OF THE BROAD SURFACE CIRCULATION. THE
200
MB ANALYSIS DEPICTS THE REGION IS SOUTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS
IN A
REGION OF UNFAVORABLE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS AR
E
ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMAT
ED TO
BE NEAR 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT T
ROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: VILPORS/WAUGAMAN/CUTMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.