

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g44I7ZS28769
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 5 May 2002 02:07:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g44I7V6K052404
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 5 May 2002 02:07:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g44Hi2657250;
Sat, 4 May 2002 12:44:02 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1784911 for [email-masked]; Sat, 4
May 2002 12:44:01 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g44Hi1670238 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 4 May 2002 12:44:01 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA29279 for [email-masked]; Sat, 4 May 2002 12:43:54 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 4 May 2002 12:43:54 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40002434f

ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800/051800Z MAY 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/040751Z MAY 02//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5.5N0
76.0E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 7.0N7 70.0E7 OVER THE SOUTHEAST ARABIAN
SEA. EARLIER VISIBLE AND RECENT ENHANCED INFRARED ANIMATION DEPICT
NEW BURSTS OF ISOLATED DEEP CONVECTION DEVELOPING OVER THE PERIPHERY
OF A BROAD, WEAK, LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE LLCC HAS
BEEN TRACKING WESTWARD ABOUT 7 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 040600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S (KESINY) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 10.1S2 66.4E6, OVER THE SOUTH CENTRAL INDIAN OCEAN, AND
WAS DRIFTING SOUTHWARD AT 03 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.