

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id fBVHtKW05404
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Jan 2002 01:55:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id fBVHwSw14341
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 1 Jan 2002 01:58:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fBVHfK669570;
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:41:20 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 645615 for [email-masked]; Mon, 31
Dec 2001 11:41:20 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fBVHfJ616584 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:41:19 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
LAA12502 for [email-masked]; Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:41:16 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:41:16 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400021cac

ABIO10 PGTW 311800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/311800Z DEC 01/011800Z JAN 02//
REF/A/NAVPACTMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/310751Z DEC 01//
REF/B/NAVPCATMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/310851Z DEC 01//
NARR//REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 310600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B (VAMEI), LOCATED OVER
THE BAY OF BENGAL, WAS SITUATED NEAR 5.0N5 90.9E8 MOVING WEST AT 05
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 310900) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS OF
TYPHOON 32W (VAMEI) WAS PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5.3N8 90.8E7. AS OF
311430Z2, THE SUSPECT AREA, NOW CATEGORIZED AS REGENERATED TROPICAL
CYCLONE 05B (VAMEI), WAS LOCATED NEAR 5.4N9 90.6E5. SEE PARA 1.A.(1)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 20.0N2
35.9E7, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 19.9S9 38.8E9 OVER THE MOZAMBIQUE
CHANNEL AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.
SEE REF B FOR MORE INFORMATION.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/HARRISON/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.