

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g0JID9G16993
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Jan 2002 02:13:09 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id g0JIGQ505772
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Jan 2002 02:16:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0JIGI684162;
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:16:18 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 326716 for [email-masked]; Sat, 19
Jan 2002 12:16:15 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g0JIGF646858 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:16:15 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA23074 for [email-masked]; Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:16:11 -0600
(CST)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:16:11 -0600
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e40002240f

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/191800Z/201800Z JAN 02//
REF/A//RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/190751 JAN 02//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 190600Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (DINA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.5S2 66.9E1 AND MOVING SOUTHWEST AT 07 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 190900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.5S1
43.5E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.5S9 40.5E9 JUST INLAND OF THE
MOZAMBIQUE COAST. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT
THE DEEP CONVECTION INCREASED AS THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION MADE
LANDFALL. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO 1004 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.5S2
90.0E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 7.7S4 88.0E6, APPROXIMATELY 600 NM WEST-
NORTHWEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES CYCLING CONVECTION. A 191150Z7
QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALED AN ELONGATED LOW LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION
ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE
DISTURBANCE IS EQUATORWARD OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE WITHIN A REGION
OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/BRYANT/HARRISON/LAM/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.