

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g38IFxO16211
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Apr 2002 02:15:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g38IFtSi018008
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 9 Apr 2002 02:15:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g38Hip614642;
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:44:51 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1286274 for [email-masked]; Mon, 8
Apr 2002 12:43:29 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g38HhS624136 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:43:28 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA19398 for [email-masked]; Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:43:24 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:43:24 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e400023b6b

ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z APR 02//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/081351Z APR 02//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 081200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 21S (DIANNE), WAS
LOCATED NEAR 15.4S0 90.9E8, APPROXIMATELY 400 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF
THE COCOS ISLANDS, AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS
DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
80 KNOTS GUSTING TO 100 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 081500) FOR
FURTHER INFORMATION.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.0S8
134.0E8, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.2S0 130.5E9, APPROXIMATELY 270 NM
NORTH OF DARWIN IN THE ARAFURA SEA. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES UNORGANIZED AND SCATTERED CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A
WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES
DIFFLUENCE ALOFT ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE EXTENDING
ALONG 12.0S3. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.5S2
66.0E2 HAS DISSIPATED. THE 081200Z1 SURFACE ANALYSIS INDICATES BROAD
TROUGHING OVER THE REGION. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES THE CONVECTION HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.
THEREFORE, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS NO LONGER EXISTS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WINGEART/MAYER/LAM/TON/DUKES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.