

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g4C9S6M18280
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 May 2002 17:28:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g4C9S38N045589
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 May 2002 17:28:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g4C95x633896;
Sun, 12 May 2002 04:05:59 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 1925511 for [email-masked]; Sun, 12
May 2002 04:05:59 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g4C95s657106 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 May 2002 04:05:54 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
EAA00213 for [email-masked]; Sun, 12 May 2002 04:05:47 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 12 May 2002 04:05:47 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 02b Warning Nr 008
To: [email-masked]
Status:  O
X-Mozilla-Status: 8001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: 35b414e4000245ec

WTIO32 PGTW 120900
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02B WARNING NR 008
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
120600Z9 --- NEAR 18.3N2 96.6E1
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 015 DEGREES AT 15 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
REPEAT POSIT: 18.3N2 96.6E1
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
121800Z2 --- 20.8N0 98.2E9
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 015 KT, GUSTS 025 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
---
REMARKS:
120900Z2 POSITION NEAR 18.9N8 97.0E6.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02B MADE LANDFALL AT (APPROX) 112300Z7 JUST
EAST OF RANGOON, MYANMAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATED GUSTS OF 25
KNOTS. TC 02B HAS TRACKED NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 15 KNOTS DURING THE
PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 120530Z1
MULTISPRECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON
SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS. THE FORECAST IS
BASED ON A BLEND OF  NOGAPS, GFDN, AND THE BAROTROPIC ADVECTION
MODELS. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT
TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.