

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g6EI0V026700
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 15 Jul 2002 02:00:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g6EI0Qgs073831
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 15 Jul 2002 02:00:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id g6DH7xLf012662;
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:29:04 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 31387 for [email-masked]; Sun, 14 Jul
2002 12:29:04 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id g6EHT3Z5026492 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:29:03 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA02941 for [email-masked]; Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:28:56 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:28:56 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status:

ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z JUL 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.3S9
94.9E2 HAS DRIFTED NEAR 7.4S1 94.3E6, APPROXIMATELY 500 NM WEST-
SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES CONTINUED CYCLING CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH BROAD SURFACE TROUGHING. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES
THAT THE AREA REMAINS IN A DIFFLUENT REGION OF THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE
IN A REGION OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/KENDALL/WARREN/EDBERG/SCHAEFER//

NNNN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.