

by imaila.ust.hk (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id g6AI99709395
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 11 Jul 2002 02:09:09 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g6AI96wO011968
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 11 Jul 2002 02:09:07 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g6AHnXk25104;
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:49:33 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release
1.8d) with spool id 2676380 for [email-masked]; Wed, 10
Jul 2002 12:47:06 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222]) by
vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id g6AHl6k24280 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:47:06 -0500
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) id
MAA02230 for [email-masked]; Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:46:59 -0500
(CDT)
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:         Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:46:59 -0500
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The
Indian
To: [email-masked]
Status: R

ABIO10 PGTW 101800 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z JUL 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.5S9
93.0E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 4.3S7 92.6E7, APPROXIMATELY 450 NM
SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY INDICATES CYCLING SCATTERED DEEP CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH
BROAD SURFACE TROUGHING. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE AREA
REMAINS IN A MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT EQUATORWARD OF
THE UPPER RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 10.0S1. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR COR: CORRECTED LATITUDE OF POOR AREA IN PARA
1.B.(1) FROM N TO S.
FORECAST TEAM: WINGEART/PIVIN/LAM/STATEN/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.