

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:58:44 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0O9wXkQ070730	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:58:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0NINtvq018190; Fri,
24 Jan 2003 03:55:27 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 640980 for [email-masked]; Fri,
24 Jan 2003 03:55:27 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0O9tQCw038494
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:55:26 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0O9tOid018361
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
24 Jan 2003 03:55:24 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0O9tOcd018360 for [email-masked]; Fri,
24 Jan 2003 03:55:24 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:55:24 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 240955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 24 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT/SURFACE FRONT...NEW ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE
31N147W 24N157W 20N164W MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 10 KT DURING THE
PAST 9 HOURS.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 05N157W MOVED WEST AT 10
KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF
LINE 09N169W 06N171W 04N171W WERE NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
05N176W 04N180 WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN
COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH COLD FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN
THE NORTH PACIFIC. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS
SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND
AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH COLD FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN
THE NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE WEST OF DATELINE NEAR 10S179E HAD ISOLATED
TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 06S180 11S179W 12S174E
07S177E THAT MOVED WEST SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE LOW ASSOCIATED WITH A SURFACE TROUGH AND FRONT...ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16S157W 16S150W 17S147W MOVED
EAST NORTHEAST AT 05 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.
ISOLATED CB WITH 120 NM OF LINE 16S147W 22S146W MOVED EAST SLOWLY
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60
NM OF LINE 24S144W 26S140W MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 05 KT...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SECOND WEAK SURFACE LOW AND A SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITH 30
NM OF LINE 15S178W 18S176W MOVED SOUTH SOUTHWEST AT 05 KT...WEAKENED
AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 13S162W 13S166W MOVED NORTHEAST
AT 10 KT DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS. ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED
BY 07S178W 07S173W 12S174W 08S179W WERE NEARLY STATIONARY WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.