

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 04 Mar 2003 06:35:19 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h23MZBjU047060	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 06:35:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h23KP7vi024502; Mon,
03 Mar 2003 16:21:59 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1289877 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:21:59 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h23MLwiw022772
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:21:59 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h23MLrid020355
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
03 Mar 2003 16:21:53 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h23MLqi4020354 for [email-masked]; Mon,
03 Mar 2003 16:21:52 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:21:52 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 032221
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 03 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE...FRONT THROUGH 30N157W 26N158W 23N165W AND
EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE THROUGH 18N180
AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180. FRONT MOVING SOUTHEAST 15 KT. SHEARLINE
NEARLY STATIONARY. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED
EMBEDDED CB WITHIN 300 NM NORTHWEST OF LINE 30N153W 24N158W. BROKEN
TO OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITHIN 230 NM NORTHWEST OF LINE
24N158W 18N180.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 07N140W 05N157W 01N171W 01N180.  ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 08N140W 07N152W DRIFTED NORTH AT 5 KT AND
INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...FRONT THROUGH 25S135W 21S139W 16S145W 15S150W.  ISOLATED
EMBEDDED CB WITHIN AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS
EXTENDING 250 NM NORTHEAST OF FRONT.  FRONT MOVED EAST AT 10 KT.
EMBEDDED CB AREA WITHIN FRONTAL BAND WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN SIZE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 12S170W 15S170W 14S173W 12S173W
12S170W DEVELOPED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW LINE OF OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 60 NM OF 15S164W 14S168W DEVELOPED
WITHIN THE PAST 6 HOURS.  ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 09S158W
13S159W 10S169W 05S169W WAS NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
SIZE OR INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.