

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 13 Jan 2003 05:53:00 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0CLqqx5094573	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 05:52:54 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0BJXWl8015742; Sun,
12 Jan 2003 15:44:31 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 461574 for [email-masked]; Sun,
12 Jan 2003 15:44:31 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0CLiUCw024404
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:44:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0CLiUid026337
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
12 Jan 2003 15:44:30 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0CLiQhh026336 for [email-masked]; Sun,
12 Jan 2003 15:44:26 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:44:26 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 122144
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 12 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NONE.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 05N140W
06N170W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF 06179W...HAVE MOVED WEST
AT 10 KT...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE AMI...WEST OF AREA...NEAR 12.4S 179.8E AT 12/1800
UTC...HAS OCCASIONAL TO FREQUENT CB WITHIN 150 NM OF CENTER AND
ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 360 NM OF CENTER. SEE THE LATEST
BULLETINS FROM THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER AND NADI FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...ISOLATED CB IN AREA BOUNDED BY 17S149W 25S140W 25S150W
17S149W...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 20S134W
25S129W...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL CYCLONE AMI UNDER TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB IN AREA BETWEEN 06S AND 11S BOUNDED BY 151W AND
162W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.