

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:54:45 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0K9sdkQ000722	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:54:40 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0J861nE018190; Mon,
20 Jan 2003 03:50:07 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 572152 for [email-masked]; Mon,
20 Jan 2003 03:50:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0K9o6Cw006228
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:50:06 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0K9o5id009478
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
20 Jan 2003 03:50:05 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0K9o55t009477 for [email-masked]; Mon,
20 Jan 2003 03:50:05 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:50:05 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 200949
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 20 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT...THE LEADING EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND EXTENDS ALONG
LINE 30N154W 24N161W 18N180. NORTH OF 25N THE CLOUD BAND IS ABOUT
250 MILES WIDE AND CONSISTS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTI LAYER
CLOUDS. IT IS MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST AT 45 KNOTS. SOUTH OF 25N THE
CLOUD BAND IS ABOUT 100 MILES WIDE AND CONSISTS OF SCATTERED TO
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. IT HAS BEEN MOVING TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST AT 35
KNOTS.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 02N164W 02N180 MOVED
LITTLE...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED SLIGHTLY IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
A LARGE AREA OF BROKEN MULTI LAYER CLOUDS IS BOUNDED BY 30N151W
30N145W 28N140W 22N140W 21N157W 16N164W 18N167W 28N159W 30N151W. THE
BAND OF LOW LOW CLOUDS WITHIN THIS AREA IS ASSOCIATED WITH AN OLD
SURFACE FRONT...WHILE THE BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH AN
APPROACHING MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. NORTH OF THE
FRONTAL CLOUD BAND THERE ARE SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SCATTERED SMALL PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING TOWARDS THE
SOUTHEAST OVER JOHNSTON ISLAND AND VICINITY.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SHEAR LINE...THE NORTHERN EDGE OF A RAGGED CLOUD BAND EXTENDS ALONG
LINE 25S140W 11S174W. THIS CLOUD BAND IS ABOUT 200 MILES WIDE...AND
CONSIST OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS SOUTH OF 17S...AND BROKEN MULTI LAYER
CLOUDS NORTH OF 17S. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB BOUNDED BY 12S170W
15S166W 17S171W 13S176W 12S170W HAVE RECENTLY FORMED FROM MERGING CB
FROM THE NORTHEAST AND SOUTHWEST. A FEW CB WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE
15S166W 21S152W MOVED LITTLE...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SHEAR LINE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED...DISORGANIZED CB WITHIN 175 NM OF LINE 09S158W 09S178W
MOVED LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.