

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 06 Jan 2003 06:07:15 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h05M77mc000755	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 06 Jan 2003 06:07:09 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0539Ne4021682; Sun,
05 Jan 2003 16:00:15 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 366451 for [email-masked]; Sun,
05 Jan 2003 16:00:14 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h05M0DCw032930
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun, 05 Jan 2003 16:00:14 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h05M0Did000129
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
05 Jan 2003 16:00:13 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h05M0DVh000128 for [email-masked]; Sun,
05 Jan 2003 16:00:13 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 16:00:13 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 052159
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 05 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND BOUNDED BY
07N140W 03N140W 04N161W 01N171W 03N177W 05N176W 05N166W 07N160W
06N154W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
04N176E 01N180 02N178W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 9 HOURS AND
WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY EQ178E 04S177W 09S176W 07S178E EQ175E HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY FOR 9 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 02S167W 16S163W 13S177W 07S175W 05S171W
02S170W HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 8 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 16S153W 23S140W 25S140W 25S148W 20S151W HAVE MOVED EAST
AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...SECOND SENTENCE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.