

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:06:26 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h24M6KjU081418	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:06:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h24J4T3K014804; Tue,
04 Mar 2003 15:50:14 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1307563 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:49:59 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h24Lnwiw040892
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:49:58 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h24Lnrid019163
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
04 Mar 2003 15:49:53 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h24Lnroe019162 for [email-masked]; Tue,
04 Mar 2003 15:49:53 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:49:53 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 042149
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 04 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...A CLOUD BAND IS BOUNDED BY 30N163W 30N154W 25N157W
30N163W. THIS AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTI LAYER CLOUDS WITH
ISOLATED CB HAS FORMED AS AN UPPER LEVEL SHORT WAVE TROUGH HAS MOVED
TOWARDS THE NORTHEAST OVER A LOW CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A
RECENTLY DISSIPATED SURFACE FRONT.

COLD FRONT...THE LEADING EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND IS ALONG LINE
30N169W 28N172W 25N180. IT HAS BEEN MOVING TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST
NEAR 20 KNOTS. SOUTH OF 28N IT IS A BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 50 TO
100 MILES WIDE. NORTH OF 28N IT CONSISTS OF BROKEN MULTI LAYER
CLOUDS.

ITCZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 02N170W
02N180 MOVED SOUTH AT LESS THAN 5 KNOTS...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED
DRAMATICALLY IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE SURFACE TROUGH AND COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 80 NM OF LINE 21S142W 24S129W
MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 5 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB BOUNDED BY 10S156W 21S146W
14S163W 10S156W MOVED NORTHEAST AT 15 KNOTS...WEAKENED AND CHANGED
LITTLE IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE
10S165W 10S178W MOVED NORTHEAST NEAR 10 KNOTS...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED
WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 20S176W 25S178W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE FIRST SURFACE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.