

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:08:14 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0AM88mc035709	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:08:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0AJf6Iu015730; Fri,
10 Jan 2003 16:01:16 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 438933 for [email-masked]; Fri,
10 Jan 2003 16:01:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0AM1FCw026198
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:01:15 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0AM1Eid004212
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
10 Jan 2003 16:01:14 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0AM1EW8004211 for [email-masked]; Fri,
10 Jan 2003 16:01:14 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:01:14 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 102200
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 10 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS
THE EQUATOR AND DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 08N171E 07N176W 07S169W
06S179E 01N166E HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 07N165W 06N154W 05N162W
01N162W EQ172W 05N172W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN
AREA AND WEAKENED.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF
30N...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N150W 30N141W 22N160W 20N170W 23N167W.
FEATURE MOVING EAST TO SOUTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.  FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND BOUNDED BY 08N145W
06N140W 04N140W 05N147W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15 KT IN 12 HOURS AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION NEAR 09S179W AT 1800 UTC HAS ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 05S178E
07S180 12S172W 16S174W 16S178E 10S174E...SEE LATEST BULLETINS FROM
RSMC NADI FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS
THE EQUATOR AND DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 08N171E 07N176W 07S169W
06S179E 01N166E HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...CONVECTION LOCATED MAINLY WEST
OF THE SAMOAN ISLANDS.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 04S166W 06S161W 13S160W 11S166W 08S167W
HAVE MOVED WEST AT 8 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 14S141W 17S136W 25S133W 25S136W 18S139W
HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.