

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:54:39 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0C9sWx5093565	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:54:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0BJXWWu015742; Sun,
12 Jan 2003 03:49:03 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 455825 for [email-masked]; Sun,
12 Jan 2003 03:49:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0C9n2Cw030586
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun, 12 Jan 2003 03:49:02 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0C9n2id021298
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
12 Jan 2003 03:49:02 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0C9n2sF021297 for [email-masked]; Sun,
12 Jan 2003 03:49:02 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 03:49:02 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 120948
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 12 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT/SHEARLINE...THE SOUTHERN EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND
EXTENDS ALONG LINE 25N140W 20N150W 16N170W. THIS RAGGED CLOUD BAND
CONSISTS OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 75 TO 150 MILES WIDE.

COLD FRONT...THE LEADING OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND EXTENDS ALONG LINE
30N168W 26N174W 28N180. THIS CLOUD BAND CONSISTS OF BROKEN MID LEVEL
CLOUDS EAST OF 174W...AND BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WEST OF 174W. THIS
FEATURE IS 70 TO 250 MILES WIDE.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 07N169W 05N143W MOVED
LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB
HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 05N175W 03N180.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE FIRST COLD FRONT/SHEARLINE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE. FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE SECOND COLD FRONT MENTIONED UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE FIRST COLD FRONT/SHEARLINE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR SYNOPTIC SCALE WEATHER FEATURES.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE AMI CENTERED NEAR 11.6S 179.5W AT 12/0832
UTC...OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY FREQUENT CB WITHIN 175 NM OF LINE 08S180
17S180 MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 6 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY. OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 05S177W 07S176E
MOVED NORTHWEST NEAR 10 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY. THE CYCLONE IS MUCH BETTER ORGANIZED THAN 24 HOURS AGO
WITH GOOD BANDING AND A HINT OF A BANDING EYE FEATURE AT TIMES.
OUTFLOW IS GOOD TO EXCELLENT IN ALL DIRECTIONS. SEE THE LATEST
BULLETINS FROM THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER AND NADI.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB EMBEDDED IN BROKEN MULTI LAYER CLOUDS
BOUNDED BY 15S136W 25S133W MOVED EAST AT 5 KNOTS...AND CHANGED
LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MID/UPPER LEVEL SHORT WAVE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB EMBEDDED IN BROKEN
MULTI LAYER CLOUDS BOUNDED BY 16S147W 25S139W 25S154W 16S147W MOVED
EAST AT 20 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

CZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 125 NM OF LINE 07S149W 09S161W MOVED WEST
NORTHWEST AT 15 KNOTS...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED SLIGHTLY IN
COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB/BROKEN CIRRUS COVER THE AREA. THESE CYCLING CB AND
CONVECTIVE DEBRIS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE OUTER FRINGES OF TROPICAL
CYCLONE AMI.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR SYNOPTIC SCALE WEATHER FEATURES.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.