

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:07:02 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h1AM6tZD047602	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:06:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1AK7LaY034470; Mon,
10 Feb 2003 16:01:44 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 921699 for [email-masked]; Mon,
10 Feb 2003 16:01:44 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1AM1hCw036052
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:01:43 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h1AM1gid029130
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
10 Feb 2003 16:01:42 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h1AM1g2P029129 for [email-masked]; Mon,
10 Feb 2003 16:01:42 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:01:42 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 102201
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 10 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 10S165W 09N161W 07N161W 06N154W
04N143W 04N159W 03N163W 08N171W 10N167W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY
AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT/SHEAR LINE...BROKEN TO OVERCAST SHOWERY...MAINLY...LOW CLOUDS
THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE DATELINE ARE BOUNDED BY
30N156W 25N165W 17N180 19N180 25N173W 30N162W.  FEATURE NEARLY
STATIONARY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT/SHEAR LINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 06N174W 02N171W EQ178W 03N180 HAVE MOVED
NORTH AT 10 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE DOVI NEAR 24.9S 168.2W AT 1800 UTC HAS ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 27S171W 29S169W 30S167W...SEE LATEST BULLETINS
FROM RSMC NADI FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ (1)...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY EQ174W 05S168W 14S168W 14S172W 12S173W 13S180 09S179W
06S169E 02S173E 03S180 HAVE MOVED WEST AT 8 KT...INCREASED IN AREA
AND INTENSIFIED.

CZ (2)...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND BOUNDED BY
08S165W 10S158W 23S153W 25S155W 25S158W 18S161W 13S161W 18S166W
14S167W 09S166W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 12 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 21S138W 22S130W 25S129W 25S134W 24S139W HAVE MOVED EAST
AT 2 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ (1)...FOR CONVECTION MAINLY
NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH EAST OF THE SAMOAN ISLANDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.