

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:22:36 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0U9MTAK023596	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:22:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0TJaDoa042792; Thu,
30 Jan 2003 03:17:48 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 733042 for [email-masked]; Thu,
30 Jan 2003 03:17:48 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0U9HlCw027828
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:17:47 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0U9Hcid021470
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
30 Jan 2003 03:17:38 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0U9Hc7x021469 for [email-masked]; Thu,
30 Jan 2003 03:17:38 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:17:38 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 300917
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 30 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE...FRONT THROUGH 30N147W 21N156W AND EXTENDING
NORTHEAST CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE THROUGH 13N180 AND EXTENDING
SOUTHWEST OF THE DATELINE. FRONT HAS MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 15KT
ALONG 25N. PART OF FRONT NEAR 21N HAS MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 8KT AND IS
NOW BECOMING STATIONARY. SHEARLINE IS NEARLY STATIONARY. OCCASIONAL
TCU ALONG FRONT/SHEARLINE AND OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 250NM
NORTHWEST OF FRONT/SHEARLINE EAST OF 165. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN
150NM OF SHEARLINE WEST OF 165W.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 05N140W 01N160W 02N170W 01N178W. ISOLATED CB
AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 150NM NORTH OF ITCZ
AXIS WEST OF 164W. OCCASIONAL TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN
120NM NORTH OF ITCZ AXIS EAST OF 164W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS OVER AREA.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. SCATTERED
TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07F...FORMER TROPICAL CYCLONE CILLA...NEAR 24.5S
165.2W AT 0822Z HAS OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 120NM SOUTHEAST OF
CENTER...SEE NFFN ADVISORIES FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...THROUGH 24S136W 15138W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30NM OF LINE
17S137W 16S140W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 15KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN
AREA.

SECOND TROUGH...FROM TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07F THROUGH 19S162W 03S173W
15S180. AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 10S164W 15S155W 14S177W
10S164W ASSOCIATED WITH CONVERGENCE ZONE NORTH OF TROUGH HAS BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN SIZE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SECOND TROUGH AND CONVERGENCE ZONE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.