

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:34:06 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0B9Y0mc056713	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:34:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0AJf6fg015730; Sat,
11 Jan 2003 03:29:06 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 444425 for [email-masked]; Sat,
11 Jan 2003 03:29:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0B9T5Cw033480
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:29:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0B9T4id010315
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
11 Jan 2003 03:29:04 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0B9T4Lp010314 for [email-masked]; Sat,
11 Jan 2003 03:29:04 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:29:04 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 110928
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 11 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY FREQUENT CB BOUNDED BY 07N176E 06N180
04N175W 02N175W 02N176W 04N179W 02N176E 07N176E MOVED
LITTLE...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN
50 NM OF LINE 03N171W EQ176W MOVED WEST AT 5 KNOTS...AND CHANGED
LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE
06N150W 06N141W MOVED WEST AT 20 KNOTS...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED
SLIGHTLY IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED WITHIN 75
NM OF LINE 09N170W 06N153W.

COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE...THE LEADING EDGE OF A BAND OF BROKEN LOW
CLOUDS EXTENDS ALONG 30N140W 20N156W 17N171E. THIS CLOUD BAND IS 100
TO 250 NM WIDE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.
SCATTERED TO OCCASIONALLY BROKEN CUMULUS AND STRATOCUMULUS ARE
LOCATED NORTH OF THE COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE CLOUD BAND.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
OCCASIONAL THIN CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST OVER
JOHNSTON ISLAND.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR SYNOPTIC SCALE WEATHER SYSTEMS.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05F CENTERED NEAR 10.6S 180 AT 0832
UTC...OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY FREQUENT CB WITHIN 125 NM OF LINE
11S173W 13S177W 14S178E MOVED SOUTH SOUTHWEST AT 10 KNOTS...CHANGED
LITTLE IN INTENSITY AND DECREASED SLIGHTLY IN COVERAGE. THE LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE USING IR IMAGERY.
THE 0600 UTC UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN CIMSS SITE SHOWS UPPER LEVEL
RIDGING OVER THE SYSTEM...WITH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR BETWEEN 10 AND 15
KNOTS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE EQ178W 09S177W
MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 15 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH...THE AXIS OF BROKEN MULTI LAYER CLOUDS EXTENDS SOUTH
SOUTHEAST FROM 16S137W. THIS CLOUD BAND IS 200 TO 300 MILES WIDE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
BROKEN CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST OVER THIS REGION.
THESE CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE CONVECTIVE DEBRIS FROM THE LARGE CONVECTIVE
AREA ASSOCIATED WITH TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05F MENTIONED ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR SYNOPTIC SCALE WEATHER SYSTEMS.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.