

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:42:42 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2D2gZA7057478	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:42:37 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2CL2IGo006120; Wed,
12 Mar 2003 20:31:24 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1456756 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:31:24 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2D2VMiw035486
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:31:22 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h2D2VDid023542
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
12 Mar 2003 20:31:13 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h2D2VDSE023541 for [email-masked]; Wed,
12 Mar 2003 20:31:13 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:31:13 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/tropical Cyclone Warning//
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXX, Probability=30%, Report=LINES_OF_YELLING,
SPAM_PHRASE_01_02, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY, UPPERCASE_75_100, __UPPERCASE_75_100

WTPS32 PGTW 130300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY SUVA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 25P (ESETA) WARNING NR 006
03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHPAC
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
130000Z4 --- NEAR 21.9S2 177.8W3
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 090 DEGREES AT 21 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 100 KT, GUSTS 125 KT
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 040 NM
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 090 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
060 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
060 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
090 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
REPEAT POSIT: 21.9S2 177.8W3
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
131200Z7 --- 22.4S8 173.4W5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 090 KT, GUSTS 110 KT
BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 035 NM
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 085 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
055 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
055 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
085 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 110 DEG/ 24 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
140000Z5 --- 23.8S3 168.5W0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 070 KT, GUSTS 085 KT
BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 125 DEG/ 31 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
141200Z8 --- 27.1S0 162.8W7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 065 KT, GUSTS 080 KT
BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 140 DEG/ 39 KTS
---
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
150000Z6 --- 33.0S6 156.8W0
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 055 KT, GUSTS 070 KT
EXTRATROPICAL
---
REMARKS:
130300Z7 POSITION NEAR 22.0S4 176.7W1.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 25P (ESETA), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 150 NM
WEST-SOUTHWEST OF NUKU ALOFA, TONGA, HAS TRACKED EASTWARD AT 21
KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
122330Z1 ENHANCED INFRARED, VISIBLE, AND MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE
IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT
INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 90 AND 105 KNOTS. TC 25P HAS ENTERED AN AREA
OF FAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENCE, ENHANCING DEEP CONVECTION, AND
ALLOWING FOR THE RELATIVELY BRIEF RESURGENCE SEEN OVER THE PAST 12
HOURS, WHEREBY TC 25P HAS INTENSIFIED FURTHER THAN PREVIOUSLY
FORECAST. TC 25P IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE ON AN EASTWARD TRACK ALONG
THE PERIPHERY OF THE MID-LEVEL RIDGE SITUATED TO THE EAST-NORTHEAST
OF THE SYSTEM. TC 25P IS FORECAST TO WEAKEN SLOWLY AS THE SYSTEM
TRACKS POLEWARD OF THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS AND INTERACTS WITH A
DEVELOPING MID-LATITUDE LOW NORTH OF NEW ZEALAND, INCREASING
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. TC 25P IS NOW FORECAST TO COMPLETE THE
TRANSITION TO AN EXTRATROPICAL SYSTEM BY 48 HOURS. THE AVAILABLE
DYNAMIC AIDS, CONSISTING OF NOGAPS, UKMET OFFICE (EGRR), AND NCEP
AVIATION (AVN) ARE IN REASONABLY CLOSE AGREEMENT. THE FORECAST IS
BASED ON A BLEND OF ALL THE AVAILABLE AIDS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 130000Z4 IS 27 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 131500Z0 AND
140300Z8. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 22P (ERICA) WARNINGS (WTPS31
PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S
(CRAIG) WARNING (WTPS33 PGTW) FOR THE FINAL WARNING.
RELEASED BY LT INGRAM, USN.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.