

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 31 Mar 2003 06:06:17 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2UM6HFO097720	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 06:06:19 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h2UKflpK038742; Sun,
30 Mar 2003 15:55:01 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1741221 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:54:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h2ULsteQ011626
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:54:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h2ULsTid007229
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
30 Mar 2003 15:54:29 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h2ULsT4c007228 for [email-masked]; Sun,
30 Mar 2003 15:54:29 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:54:29 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIIIII, Probability=35%, Report=LINES_OF_YELLING,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2, LINES_OF_YELLING_3, SPAM_PHRASE_01_02,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY, UPPERCASE_75_100, __UPPERCASE_75_100

ACPA40 PHFO 302154
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 30 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...WHICH EXTENDED EAST OF 140W...WERE WITHIN 45 NM
OF LINE 06N140W 06N142W AND MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO LOCALLY SCATTERED CB WITHIN 60 NM
OF LINE 07N147W 06N153W 03N157W MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED
AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB...WHICH EXTENDED ACROSS THE
DATELINE....WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 05N166W 07N170W 05N176W
06N175E AND MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN
COVERAGE.

SURFACE FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 21N163W 30N163W
30N158W MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 05 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

UPPER LEVEL AND SURFACE LOWS...NEW ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
29N170W 26N169W 25N170W MOVED SOUTH SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT DURING THE
PAST 12 HOURS.

SURFACE TROUGH...NEW ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 23N159W
25N155W MOVED NORTH SLOWLY DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES IN THE NORTH PACIFIC. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE FRONT AND THE UPPER LEVEL AND
SURFACE LOWS IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FIRST SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 11S175W
MOVED NORTH SLOWLY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 13S165W 17S162W 16S167W MOVED EAST NORTHEAST
AT LESS THAN 10 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. SCATTERED
CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 19S163W 23S161W MOVED NORTHEAST AT ABOUT 05
KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SECOND SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 19S150W
13S143W MOVED NORTHWEST SLOWLY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SECOND CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE FIRST SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 05S172W MOVED NORTH AT 05 KT WITH
A SLIGHT INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

HOUSTON

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.