

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:34:46 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h1FCYYZD001676	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:34:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1F8OGPq043842; Sat,
15 Feb 2003 06:24:15 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1003743 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:24:15 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1FCOECw035834
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:24:14 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h1FCOBid024544
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
15 Feb 2003 06:24:11 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h1FCOBwN024543 for [email-masked]; Sat,
15 Feb 2003 06:24:11 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:24:11 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-S: Msgid/genadmin/flenumetoccen Monterey Ca//ajtwc//
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

WTXS33 PGTW 150900
MSGID/GENADMIN/FLENUMETOCCEN MONTEREY CA//AJTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (HAPE) WARNING NR 010 RELOCATED
02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
150600Z2 --- NEAR 20.3S5 76.5E8
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 145 DEGREES AT 23 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 025 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REPEAT POSIT: 20.3S5 76.5E8
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
151800Z5 --- 23.5S0 78.2E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
---
REMARKS:
150900Z5 POSITION NEAR 21.1S4 76.9E2.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 17S (HAPE), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 800 NM
SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, HAS ACCELERATED RAPIDLY DURING THE
PAST 12 HOURS AND IS FURTHER SOUTH AND EAST THAN FORECASTED
PREVIOUSLY. TC 17S HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 23 KNOTS OVER THE
PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 150530Z4 VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON A SATELLITE
CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF 35 KNOTS AND A 150117Z5 QUIKSCAT PASS.
ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A COMPLETELY EXPOSED LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. TC 17S IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE AS A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 150600Z2 IS 16 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE ALTERNATE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(FLENUMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S (GERRY) WARNINGS (WTXS32
PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. ALTERNATE JTWC SENDS.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.