

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:31:36 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2A5VU8U072535	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:31:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h29ClMfo019432; Sun,
09 Mar 2003 23:19:29 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1401294 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 09 Mar 2003 23:19:29 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2A5JSiw017120
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun, 09 Mar 2003 23:19:28 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h2A5JMid007817
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
09 Mar 2003 23:19:22 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h2A5JM6Y007815 for [email-masked]; Sun,
09 Mar 2003 23:19:22 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 23:19:22 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western
And/
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXII, Probability=32%, Report=SUBJ_HAS_SPACES

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 100600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND/
SOUTH PACIFIC OCEAN/100600Z/110600ZMAR2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/100021ZMAR2003//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE REMNANTS OF TC 22P PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.8S0
157.6E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.9S1 157.6E9, APPROXIMATELY 750 NM
EAST-NORTHEAST OF CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY
DEPICTS INCREASED CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) PARTIALLY EXPOSED ON THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE DEEP
CONVECTION. 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND
FAVORABLE DIVERGENCE ALOFT OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR BUT
MAY BE REGENERATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT
12 HOURS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.3S9
172.7E7, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.3S9 172.4E4, APPROXIMATELY 275 NM
EAST-NORTHEAST OF PORT VILA, VANUATU. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL AND
RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY REVEALS CONTINUED ORGANIZATION OF THE
CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A LLCC. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES
FAVORABLE DIVERGENCE AND WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 35 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002 MB. SEE REF
A (WTPS21 PGTW 100030) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS
REMAINS GOOD.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. RELEASED BY CAPT KENDALL, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: KENDALL/RONSSE/MENEBROKER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.