

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:10:01 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h39MA40A071647	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:10:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h39K9r3G041824; Wed,
09 Apr 2003 17:01:20 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 75751 for [email-masked]; Wed,
09 Apr 2003 17:00:15 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h39M0DeQ013946
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Apr 2003 17:00:14 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h39LxYid025668
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
09 Apr 2003 16:59:34 -0500 (CDT)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h39LxYcc025667 for [email-masked]; Wed,
09 Apr 2003 16:59:34 -0500 (CDT)
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:59:34 -0500
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIIIIIIII, Probability=38%, Report=LINES_OF_YELLING,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2, LINES_OF_YELLING_3, SPAM_PHRASE_02_03,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY, UPPERCASE_75_100, __UPPERCASE_75_100

ACPA40 PHFO 092159
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 09 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 12N150W 08N140W 06N150W 04N152W
03N157W 07N167W 05N172W 10N179W 10N169W 09N160W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SHEAR LINE...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TCU WITHIN
45 NM OF LINE 27N146W 26N155W 23N163W 25N169W HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5
KT AND INTENSIFIED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SHEAR LINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 19N171W 17N169W 16N166W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 9 HOURS...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 01S167E 15S170W 17S172W 16S174W 22S177E 15S168E 11S173E
03S164E 01S164E HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 5 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 01S166W 06S154W 10S151W 12S156W 10S161W
17S160W 11S175W 02S175W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 12 KT...INCREASED IN AREA
AND INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 20S147W 24S143W 25S149W 21S151W 23S148W HAVE MOVED EAST
AT 5 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.