

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 04 Feb 2003 17:52:57 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h149qoBF097519	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 17:52:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h13LN6vM007686; Tue,
04 Feb 2003 03:44:47 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 806140 for [email-masked]; Tue,
04 Feb 2003 03:44:47 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h149ikCw016358
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:44:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h149ikid000486
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
04 Feb 2003 03:44:46 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h149ij2Y000485 for [email-masked]; Tue,
04 Feb 2003 03:44:45 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:44:45 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 040944
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 04 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT...THE LEADING EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND EXTENDS ALONG
LINE 30N152W 24N160W 22N175E. THIS RAGGED BAND OF BROKEN TO
OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS IS 50 TO 150 MILES WIDE. IT HAS
BEEN MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST AT 15 KNOTS ALONG 30N...TOWARDS THE
SOUTH AT 5 TO 10 KNOTS ALONG 170W...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ALONG THE
DATELINE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR OTHER WEATHER FEATURES. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR OTHER WEATHER FEATURES.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR OTHER WEATHER FEATURES.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY FREQUENT CB WITHIN 125 NM OF LINE 04S172W
11S162W MOVED LITTLE...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED DRAMATICALLY IN
COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY EQ167W 10S148W 12S158W EQ167W MOVED
LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB
BOUNDED BY 07S171W 12S164W 13S174W 07S171W MOVED LITTLE...AND
CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY
12S155W 20S167W 25S168W 12S179W 12S155W MOVED WEST AT 10 KNOTS...AND
CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MID-UPPER LEVEL TROUGH...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 12S148W 16S138W
23S140W 21S152W 12S148W MOVED WEST AT 10 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE
IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE CZ UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR OTHER WEATHER FEATURES.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.