

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 01 Apr 2003 06:13:44 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h2VMDfBc025847	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 06:13:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h2VK8RoE015552; Mon,
31 Mar 2003 16:01:35 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1761128 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:01:11 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h2VM1BeQ025786
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:01:11 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h2VM0gid003335
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
31 Mar 2003 16:00:42 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h2VM0gIb003334 for [email-masked]; Mon,
31 Mar 2003 16:00:42 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:00:42 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIIIIIIII, Probability=38%, Report=LINES_OF_YELLING,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2, LINES_OF_YELLING_3, SPAM_PHRASE_02_03,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY, UPPERCASE_75_100, __UPPERCASE_75_100

ACPA40 PHFO 312200
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 31 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE AND UPPER LOW/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND NORTH OF
30N AND BOUNDED BY 30N161W 26N157W 23N161W 28N162W 29N165W HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 5 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 09N166W 05N166W 03N174W 06N174W
09N168W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND
BOUNDED BY 08N150W 07N140W 02N140W 04N143W 05N143W 04N152W 06N158W
06N151W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE AND UPPER LOW/TROUGH.  FOR
MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE AND UPPER LOW/TROUGH.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 12S147W 18S148W 24S152W
21S161W 17S159W 13S160W 14S153W 12S150W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 10S175W 12S169W 14S170W 12S174W 14S176W
HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 2 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE
02S175E 04S177W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS...INCREASED
IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE
AND WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 10S178E 10S179W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 12 KT
AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED
CB/TCU WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 14S141W 14S136W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 18
KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.