

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:56:04 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h099tumc066107	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:55:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h08I01vA009520; Thu,
09 Jan 2003 03:44:53 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 415776 for [email-masked]; Thu,
09 Jan 2003 03:44:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h099iqCw033144
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu, 09 Jan 2003 03:44:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h099iqid020694
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
09 Jan 2003 03:44:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h099ip2U020693 for [email-masked]; Thu,
09 Jan 2003 03:44:51 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 03:44:51 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 090944
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 09 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE LINE FROM 23N180
TO 26N165W TO 30N152W TO 35N145W AND FURTHER NORTHEAST MOVED EAST
SOUTHEAST AT 10 KNOTS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION
ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 90 NM OF THE POINT 01N168W. NEW
OCCASIONAL CB WERE WITHIN 40 NM OF THE LINE FROM 03N175W TO 03N173W.
NEW OCCASIONAL CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE POINT 05N179W.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED CB WITHIN 150 NM OF THE
LINE FROM 11S145W TO 22S140W TO 30S140W TO 38S137W AND FURTHER SOUTH
MOVED EAST AT 5 KNOTS.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 250 NM OF THE POINT 24S122W MOVED NORTH NORTHWEST
AT 15 KNOTS...INCREASED IN AREA...AND INTENSIFIED. NEW ISOLATED TCU
WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 08S163W TO 09S157W. NEW
OCCASIONAL CB WERE WITHIN 90 NM OF THE POINT 22S174W. NEW OCCASIONAL
CB WERE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 01S180 04S175W 09S176W 09S179W.

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.