

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 20 Jan 2003 06:24:46 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0JMOdkQ051661	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 06:24:41 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0J861Wq018190; Sun,
19 Jan 2003 16:08:08 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 567308 for [email-masked]; Sun,
19 Jan 2003 16:08:08 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0JM87Cw030292
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:08:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0JM87id005125
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
19 Jan 2003 16:08:07 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0JM86VB005124 for [email-masked]; Sun,
19 Jan 2003 16:08:06 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:08:06 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 192207
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 19 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 30N141W
26N150W...HAVE MOVED NE AT 15 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

COLD FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 30N167W
26N175W...HAVE MOVED NE AT 15 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTENDED S OF THE EQUATOR...ARE IN AREA
BOUNDED BY 04N171W EQ173W EQ178W 05N177W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05
KT...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ALSO...ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 03N143W 04N154W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT
15 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE SECOND COLD FRONT ABOVE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 06S174W
21S152W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY.

TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE WITHIN
60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 18S180 25S173W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE FIRST TROUGH ABOVE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES. ALSO
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 40 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 13S179W 16S173W...HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB IN AREA BETWEEN 05S AND 09S BOUNDED BY 157W AND
164W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY. ALSO...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTENDED NORTH OF THE
EQUATOR...ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY EQ173W 04S177W 02S179W EQ178W
EQ173W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.