

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:05:43 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h3CA5g0A094116	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:05:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h3BI3CLU010818; Sat,
12 Apr 2003 05:00:05 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 106524 for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Apr 2003 05:00:05 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h3CA01xl016516
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Apr 2003 05:00:04 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h3C9xMid027629
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
12 Apr 2003 04:59:22 -0500 (CDT)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h3C9xMWm027628 for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Apr 2003 04:59:22 -0500 (CDT)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 04:59:22 -0500
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIIIIIIII, Probability=38%, Report=LINES_OF_YELLING,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2, LINES_OF_YELLING_3, SPAM_PHRASE_02_03,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY, UPPERCASE_75_100, __UPPERCASE_75_100

ACPA40 PHFO 120959
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC APRIL 12 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 25N154W 22N155W 23N159W
25N158W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 8 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR
INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 27N166W 22N161W 19N162W
19N165W 21N168W 26N168W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 09N156W 05N158W 05N161W 08N161W
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
06N144W 05N147W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH...FIRST SENTENCE.  FOR
MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH...SECOND SENTENCE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH (1)...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 03S168E 05S179W 12S177W 17S180 09S173E 08S168E HAVE MOVED
WEST AT 10 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH (2)...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU BOUNDED BY
08S172W 09S165W 17S163W 17S173W 13S177W 08S174W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 11S153W 14S145W
22S151W 15S159W 11S155W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT...DECREASED IN AREA
AND WEAKENED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH (2).

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.