

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:09:49 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0MM9hkQ064807	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:09:45 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0MCUn5S018190; Wed,
22 Jan 2003 16:01:26 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 614802 for [email-masked]; Wed,
22 Jan 2003 16:01:26 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0MM1PCw042256
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:01:25 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0MM1Oid011015
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
22 Jan 2003 16:01:24 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0MM1KHF011013 for [email-masked]; Wed,
22 Jan 2003 16:01:20 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:01:20 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 222201
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 22 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE
EQUATOR AND DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 07N174W 02N174W 03N179W 01N177W
03S179W 04S177E 03N173E 06N180 HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT...INCREASED
IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08N169W 05N157W 03N164W 03N169W
02N172W 07N173W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
06N154W 04N153W 02N150W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 20 KT...DECREASED IN AREA
AND WEAKENED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND WITHIN
45 NM OF LINE 06N143W 05N140W HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT IN 12 HOURS
AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED
SHOWERS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N157W 30N142W
25N169W 23N168W 22N175W 27N173W 29N167W 28N159W.  FEATURE MOVING
EAST AT 30 TO 40 KT NORTH OF 27N AND MOVING EAST AT 15 TO 20 KT
SOUTH OF 27N.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH (1)...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE
EQUATOR AND DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 07N174W 02N174W 03N179W 01N177W
03S179W 04S177E 03N173E 06N180 HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT...INCREASED
IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH (2)...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 03S171W 08S169W 11S175E 07S173E 03S175E HAVE MOVED
SOUTHWEST AT 8 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED
CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 13S167W 15S162W
20S166W 19S180 17S174E 12S174E 13S174W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY
FOR 12 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

SURFACE TROUGH/FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 15S155W 17S148W 21S145W 22S137W 25S138W 25S147W 19S157W
18S161W 17S161W HAVE MOVED NORTH AND EAST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN
AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH (2)...SECOND
SENTENCE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 03S157W 04S158W 04S160W HAVE
MOVED WEST AT 8 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.