

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:06:44 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2NA6agP022274	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:06:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2MAb0Q6038312; Sun,
23 Mar 2003 04:00:33 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1626220 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 23 Mar 2003 04:00:33 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2NA0Siw044980
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun, 23 Mar 2003 04:00:32 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h2NA0Aid018138
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
23 Mar 2003 04:00:10 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h2NA0Awl018137 for [email-masked]; Sun,
23 Mar 2003 04:00:10 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 04:00:10 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIIIII, Probability=35%, Report=LINES_OF_YELLING,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2, LINES_OF_YELLING_3, SPAM_PHRASE_01_02,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY, UPPERCASE_75_100, __UPPERCASE_75_100

ACPA40 PHFO 230959
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 23 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 05N168W 05N170W 04N172W
HAVE MOVED WEST AT 12 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 06N156W 06N160W 03N163W HAVE
MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED
CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 06N140W 06N142W 04N145W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...MAINLY...LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL SHOWERS THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE DATELINE
ARE BOUNDED BY 30N172W 28N175W 25N180 29N180 30N178W.  FEATURE
MOVING EAST AT 10 TO 15 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
AREA OF ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL SHOWERS BOUNDED BY 19N170W 16N167W
14N172W 16N170W 17N172W HAS MOVED WEST AT 15 KT AND DECREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 06S169W 13S156W
18S149W 22S147W 24S148W 22S150W 23S160W 20S168W 17S170W 13S170W
07S174W HAVE MOVED EAST AND SOUTH AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES FOR CONVECTION MAINLY NORTH CLOCKWISE
THROUGH SOUTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 06S156W 07S149W 10S152W 10S155W 07S157W
HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.