

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 31 Jan 2003 05:53:41 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0ULrXAK090058	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 05:53:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0UGvDho011586; Thu,
30 Jan 2003 15:45:30 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 743073 for [email-masked]; Thu,
30 Jan 2003 15:45:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0ULjTCw007416
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:45:29 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0ULjTid009604
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
30 Jan 2003 15:45:29 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0ULjSWq009603 for [email-masked]; Thu,
30 Jan 2003 15:45:28 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:45:28 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 302145
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 30 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE...ISOLATED TCU WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH
30N147W 25N153W 17N165W IS NEARLY STATIONARY. TCU HAVE WEAKENED AND
DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT STRADDLE THE EQUATOR...ARE IN AREA
SOUTH OF 05N BETWEEN 144W AND 180...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. SCATTERED
TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07F...FORMER TROPICAL CYCLONE CILLA...NEAR 25.0S
165.0W AT 1800 UTC HAS ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120NM SOUTHEAST OF
QUADRANT OF CENTER. SEE NFFN ADVISORIES FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB...THAT EXTENDED WEST OF THE
DATELINE...ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 06S180 06S160W 10S145W 16S150W
17S163W 12S172W 08S180 06S180...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROUGH ABOVE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU ARE WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 16S142W
20S125W...HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 05 KT...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY.

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.