

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 17 Mar 2003 05:48:31 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2GLmMtF061716	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 05:48:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2G6RjN8020564; Sun,
16 Mar 2003 15:38:40 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1524730 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:38:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2GLcdiw037940
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:38:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h2GLcQid004603
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
16 Mar 2003 15:38:26 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h2GLcQkJ004602 for [email-masked]; Sun,
16 Mar 2003 15:38:26 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:38:26 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIIIII, Probability=35%, Report=LINES_OF_YELLING,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2, LINES_OF_YELLING_3, SPAM_PHRASE_01_02,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY, UPPERCASE_75_100, __UPPERCASE_75_100

ACPA40 PHFO 162138
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 16 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SHEARLINE...THROUGH 20N140W 19N150W OVER OAHU 22N164W 21N175W 18N180
AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W AND WEST OF THE DATELINE NEARLY
STATIONARY. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 180NM NORTH OF
SHEARLINE.
FRONT...THROUGH 30N166W 28N172W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N HAS MOVED
EAST SOUTHEAST AT 24 KNOTS. ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN OVERCAST LAYERED
CLOUDS WITHIN 75NM OF FRONT.
ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 02N140W 01N155W 03N165W 03N180 AND EXTENDING
EAST OF 140W AND WEST OF THE DATELINE. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED
WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 04N140W 05N146W 03N150W. AREA OF ISOLATED CB
BOUNDED BY 07N163W 02N156W 02N161W 04N168W 06N163W HAS REMAINED
NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED IN THE PAST 6 HOURS. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 35NM OF LINE 05N174W 05N176W 08N180 AND EXTENDING WEST HAVE
MOVED WEST AT 10KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. ALSO SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE SHEARLINE AND FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/CONVERGENCE ZONE...FRONT THROUGH 20S120W 18S127W AND EXTENDING
SOUTHEAST WITH CONVERGENCE ZONE CENTERED FROM 18S127W THROUGH
21S140W. FRONT HAS MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10KT. OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN
40NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10KT AND INTENSIFIED. NEW
ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED BOUNDED BY 16S135W 18S127W 21S133W 21S143W
16W135W.
LOW/TROUGH...LOW NEAR 11S151W WITH TROUGH FROM 02S120W 08S132W
THROUGH LOW TO 11S155W.  ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50NM OF LINE EQ121W
05S122W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE.AREA OF
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 08S156W 10S139W 13S154W 08S156W HAS REMAINED
NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED IN THE PAST 8 HOURS.
SHEARLINE...THROUGH 22S146W 23S150W 15S170W. SHEARLINE HAS MOVED
NORTHEAST SLOWLY. OCCASIONAL TCU AND VERY ISOLATED CB WITHIN 40NM OF
SHEARLINE HAVE WEAKENED.
FRONT...THROUGH 25S166W 24S167W 24S173W AND EXTENDING SOUTHEAST HAS
MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10KT. OCCASIONAL TCU AND OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS
WITHIN 30NM OF FRONT.
TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH 25S173W 21S180 AND EXTENDING NORTHEAST. NEW
ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 120NM OF TROUGH AXIS.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.