

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 27 Jan 2003 07:33:37 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0QNXTAK017044	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 07:33:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0QLHpH6018206; Sun,
26 Jan 2003 17:20:02 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 672935 for [email-masked]; Sun,
26 Jan 2003 17:20:01 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0QNK0Cw036442
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:20:00 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0QNJxid026919
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
26 Jan 2003 17:19:59 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0QNJxml026916 for [email-masked]; Sun,
26 Jan 2003 17:19:59 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:19:59 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 262253
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 26 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE...FRONT THROUGH 29N140W 25N145W AND EXTENDING
NORTHEAST... CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE OVER THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII
TO 18N163W NEARLY STATIONARY. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN
90NM NORTHEAST OF FRONT/SHEARLINE.

FRONT...THROUGH 30N164W 22N180 AND EXTENDING SOUTHWEST HAS MOVED
EAST AT 30KT ALONG 30N AND SOUTHEAST AT 10KT NEAR THE DATELINE.
SOUTHEAST AT MOVING EAST 25-30 KT EXPECTED TO SLOW. DEEP OVERCAST
/ISOLATED TCU WITHIN 120NM NORTHWEST OF FRONT EAST OF 170W AND
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 100NM NORTHWEST OF FRONT WEST OF 170W.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 04N140W 01N170W. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB
WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 06N140W 04N147W HAVE MOVED NORTH EAST SLOWLY
..INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN AREA. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB
WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 01N158W 01N170W HAVE MOVED SOUTH SLOWLY AND
INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE FIRST FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE SECOND FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA OF ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB BOUNDED BY 06N179W 01N170W 01N177W
06N179W HAS MOVED WEST AT 20KT AND INCREASED IN SIZE.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07F LOCATED NEAR 17.5S 178.5W AT 26/2100Z HAS
ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB BOUNDED BY 13S180 17S174W 18S180 13S180...
SEE NFFN ADVISORIES FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...FROM TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07F THROUGH 25S168W. NEW ISOLATED
CB HAVE FORMED BOUNDED BY 17S170W 20S166W 22S169W 20S172W 17S170W.

TROUGH...THROUGH 25S167W 21S158W 25S150W. AREA OF ISOLATED CB
BOUNDED BY 16S161W 19S155W 19S165W 16S168W 16S161W HAS MOVED EAST AT
20KT AND WEAKENED IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.