

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:08:54 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h1DA8lZD039704	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:08:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1D7DNFS036450; Thu,
13 Feb 2003 04:00:50 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 969144 for [email-masked]; Thu,
13 Feb 2003 04:00:49 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1DA0mCw030622
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu, 13 Feb 2003 04:00:48 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h1DA0kid001396
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
13 Feb 2003 04:00:46 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h1DA0kYb001395 for [email-masked]; Thu,
13 Feb 2003 04:00:46 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 04:00:46 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 130959
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 13 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
EQUATOR ARE BOUNDED BY 07N179E 04N176W 02S172W 04S176W EQ170E
06N175E...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 06N158W 06N141W 02N141W 04N147W
03N155W 04N159W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.

FRONT/SHEAR LINE...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED SCATTERED SHOWERS THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N ARE BOUNDED BY
30N145W 25N153W 23N164W 16N177W 23N175W 29N170W 27N154W 30N149W.
FEATURE MOVING SLOWLY EAST TO SOUTHEAST.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT/SHEAR LINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
EQUATOR ARE BOUNDED BY 07N179E 04N176W 02S172W 04S176W EQ170E
06N175E...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 05S167W 19S158W 19S161W 11S172W
11S175W 08S180 05S176W HAVE MOVED NORTHWEST AT 5 KT AND WEAKENED
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 17S144W 22S147W 25S155W 23S158W 17S157W
HAVE MOVED EAST AT 8 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND BOUNDED BY
15S139W 18S132W 25S128W 25S132W 17S139W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY
AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.