

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:00:14 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h1QLxuBS098009	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 05:59:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1QKwwKA033488; Wed,
26 Feb 2003 15:50:23 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1201016 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:50:11 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1QLoACw038730
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:50:10 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h1QLo5id007690
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
26 Feb 2003 15:50:06 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h1QLo5a7007689 for [email-masked]; Wed,
26 Feb 2003 15:50:05 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:50:05 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 262149
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 26 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT...THE LEADING EDGE OF FRONTAL CLOUD BAND IS ALONG LINE
30N174W 25N180. THIS CLOUD BAND IS ABOUT 100 NM WIDE AND MADE UP OF
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTI LAYER CLOUDS. IT HAS BEEN MOVING TOWARDS
THE SOUTHEAST AT 30 KNOTS...AND IS BEGINNING TO MERGE WITH A BAND OF
BROKEN MULTI LAYER CLOUDS IMMEDIATELY TO ITS EAST.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 08N180 05N175W 01N180 08N180 MOVED
LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. THESE CB ALSO
EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 80 NM OF LINE 12S133W 18S140W
MOVED WEST NORTHWEST AT 10 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

CZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB BOUNDED BY 14S152W 20S149W 17S156W
14S152W MOVED LITTLE...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 02S178W 05S160W 18S160W 19S171W 14S179W
02S178W MOVED WEST AT 10 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

COLD FRONT...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED
WITHIN 50 NM OF LINE 24S141W 25S139W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE CZ UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.