

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:01:48 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h23A1fjU080781	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:01:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h2362GJS042870; Mon,
03 Mar 2003 03:53:53 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1279967 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:53:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h239rqCw043424
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:53:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h239rlid000875
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
03 Mar 2003 03:53:47 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h239rlAr000874 for [email-masked]; Mon,
03 Mar 2003 03:53:47 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:53:47 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 030953
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 03 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE...FRONT THROUGH 30N159W 25N162W 20N170W AND
EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE THROUGH 18N180
AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180. FRONT MOVING SOUTHEAST 15 KT. SHEARLINE
NEARLY STATIONARY. BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS AND VERY ISOLATED CB WITHIN
180 NM NORTHWEST OF LINE 30N157W 26N160W 23N163W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST
LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITHIN 160NM NORTHWEST OF LINE 23N163W 18N180
WITH ISOLATED TCU ALONG FRONT.

SHEARLINE...AXIS THROUGH 27N140W 24N150W MOVING SOUTHEAST SLOWLY.
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 135 NM NW OF SHEARLINE AXIS.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 07N140W 04N160W 02N170W 02N180 AND EXTENDING
EAST OF 140W AND WEST OF 180. BAND OF OCCASIONAL CB AND BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM OF LINE 06N152W 04N161W HAS BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY AND INTENSIFIED IN THE PAST 12 HOURS. OCCASIONAL
TCU...WIDELY ISOLATED CB AND BROKEN LAYERS WITHIN 60NM OF ITCZ AXIS
EAST OF 152W AND WEST OF 161W. AREA BETWEEN 161W AND 166W HAS
WEAKENED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE...FRONT THROUGH 25S138W 18S145W 15S150W EXTENDING
SOUTHEAST OF 25S AND CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE THROUGH 12S159W. AREA
OF BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 14S138W 18S132W
25S131W 25S135W 16S141W 14S138W HAS MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 10KT...
WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN SIZE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED BOUNDED BY 11S174W 13S169W 13S176W.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 40NM OF LINE
17S162W 17S164W. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 30NM OF LINE
16S150W 15S152W AND BOUNDED BY 07S161W 09S162W 08S163W 07S161W AND
13S179W 17S176W 17S178W 13S179W.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.