

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:05:17 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2FA54A7004665	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:05:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2F6Cbnc020564; Sat,
15 Mar 2003 03:55:02 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1503690 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:55:01 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2F9t1iw023748
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:55:01 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h2F9snid019207
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
15 Mar 2003 03:54:50 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h2F9snr7019206 for [email-masked]; Sat,
15 Mar 2003 03:54:49 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:54:49 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIIIII, Probability=35%, Report=LINES_OF_YELLING,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2, LINES_OF_YELLING_3, SPAM_PHRASE_01_02,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY, UPPERCASE_75_100, __UPPERCASE_75_100

ACPA40 PHFO 150954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 15 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N179E 25N170E AT 15/0830 UTC MOVING EAST NEAR 20
KT. BROKEN CLOUD LAYERS ALONG FRONT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
WEAK FRONT...THROUGH 26N140W 22N165W CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO
20N175W. FRONT MOVING SOUTHEAST 11 KT. SHEAR LINE DRIFTING SOUTH
SLOWLY. BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS/ISOLATED SHOWERS ALONG
FRONT/SHEAR LINE. ALSO SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SECTION ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 80-120 NM OF LINE 04N154W 06N175W 04N180
EXTEND WEST AND MOVED WEST 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
REMNANT OF TROPICAL CYCLONE ERICA NEAR 21S 178W AT 15/0830 UTC
CONTINUES TO WEAKEN AND DISSIPATE AS IT MOVES RAPIDLY SOUTHEASTWARD.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...THROUGH 25S122W 22S130W 25S139W AT 15/0830 UTC MOVING EAST
20 KT. ISOLATED CB ALONG FRONT EAST OF 130W DECREASED IN COVERAGE
AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
TROUGH...THROUGH 13S180 25S150W NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED TO
BROKEN LAYERS ALONG TROUGH. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 65 NM OF TROUGH
REMAIN SPARSE WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 06S171W 04S180 MOVED WEST 15 KT AND
WEAKENED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.