

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Wed, 29 Jan 2003 06:12:53 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0SMCeAK027437	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 06:12:42 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0SFdP4i042792; Tue,
28 Jan 2003 16:00:23 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 709926 for [email-masked]; Tue,
28 Jan 2003 16:00:11 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0SM09Cw010486
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:00:09 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0SM03id015570
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
28 Jan 2003 16:00:03 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0SM02r5015569 for [email-masked]; Tue,
28 Jan 2003 16:00:02 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:00:02 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 282159
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 28 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 06N158W 03N152W 01N152W 02N173W
05N173W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

FRONTS...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED
SHOWERS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N168W 30N157W
17N175W 21N174W 19N180 24N173W.  FEATURES MOVING EAST AT 10 TO 15 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONTS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE EQUATOR AND DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
04N176E 01N177W 07S172W 07S174W 01S176E 03N173E HAVE MOVED WEST AT
12 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE CILLA NEAR 21.6S 168.1W AT 1800 UTC HAS ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL CB BOUNDED BY 18S169W 21S163W 25S165W 23S169W...SEE
LATEST BULLETINS FROM RSMC NADI FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 07S180 11S178W 15S179E 14S172E 07S175E HAVE MOVED SOUTH
AT 10 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.  ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL
CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 09S169W 11S164W 18S164W 15S177W 12S178W 12S172W
13S170W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SECOND SENTENCE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE EQUATOR AND DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
04N176E 01N177W 07S172W 07S174W 01S176E 03N173E HAVE MOVED WEST AT
12 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 16S158W 20S148W 22S146W 22S152W 18S160W
HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 17S132W 22S133W 22S136W
17S136W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 9 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA
AND INTENSIFIED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.