

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 13 Apr 2003 06:02:50 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h3CM2s0A050199	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 06:02:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h3CLnfem010818; Sat,
12 Apr 2003 16:54:58 -0500
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 112182 for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Apr 2003 16:54:58 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h3CLsvxl006586
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Apr 2003 16:54:57 -0500
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h3CLsIid003850
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
12 Apr 2003 16:54:18 -0500 (CDT)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h3CLsIHW003849 for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Apr 2003 16:54:18 -0500 (CDT)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 16:54:18 -0500
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIIIII, Probability=35%, Report=LINES_OF_YELLING,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2, LINES_OF_YELLING_3, SPAM_PHRASE_01_02,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY, UPPERCASE_75_100, __UPPERCASE_75_100

ACPA40 PHFO 122154
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 12 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 08N141W 08N145W MOVED WEST
AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED TO
LOCALLY OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 07N149W 05N153W MOVED
WEST NORTHWEST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 05N154W 03N161W WERE NEARLY
STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

UPPER LOW...NEW ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 22N159W 26N167W
MOVED WEST AT 10 KT DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS.

SURFACE FRONT...NEW ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 29N179W
32N179W 32N176W MOVED NORTHEAST AT 20 KT DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LOW IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
IN THE NORTH PACIFIC. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS
SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND
AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LOW IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
IN THE NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 13S173W HAD ISOLATED TO LOCALLY
OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 150 NM THAT MOVED WEST SLOWLY WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
05S176W 08S171W 11S175W 09S176W MOVED WEST NORTHWEST AT 10 KT WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY...BUT INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO
LOCALLY OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16S177W 17S171W 15S168W
MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 05 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY...BUT A
SLIGHT DECREASE IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
10S153W 19S152W 15S159W MOVED NORTH AT 05 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE. OCCASIONAL CB...WHICH EXTENDED ACROSS THE
DATELINE...WERE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 11S178W 16S179W 12S177E AND
WERE NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY...BUT A
DECREASE IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 13S173W. ALSO...SEE FIRST AND
SECOND CB AREAS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

HOUSTON

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.