

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:55:08 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0GLt0x5016868	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:55:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0GFrHr8041916; Thu,
16 Jan 2003 15:50:30 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 530780 for [email-masked]; Thu,
16 Jan 2003 15:50:28 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0GLoRCw038060
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:50:27 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0GLoNid016826
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
16 Jan 2003 15:50:23 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0GLoNBP016825 for [email-masked]; Thu,
16 Jan 2003 15:50:23 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:50:23 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 162150
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 16 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT...THE LEADING EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND EXTENDS ALONG
LINE 30N140W 26N140W 19N149W 18N153W. SOUTH OF 24N THIS FEATURE IS A
BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 50 TO 100 MILES WIDE. NORTH OF 24N IT IS A
BAND OF BROKEN MULTI LAYER CLOUDS 200 TO 300 MILES WIDE. ISOLATED
EMBEDDED CB WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 30N141W 24N145W MOVED EAST AT 20
KNOTS...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

COLD FRONT...THE LEADING EDGE OF ANOTHER FRONTAL CLOUD BAND EXTENDS
ALONG LINE 30N162W 25N180 21N170E 20N160E. NORTH OF 28N THIS FEATURE
IS A WIDE BAND OF BROKEN MULTI LAYER CLOUDS 400 TO 700 MILES WIDE.
SOUTH OF 28N THE FRONTAL BAND CONSISTS MAINLY OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS
200 TO 350 MILES WIDE. WEST OF 160E THE FRONT BECOMES A SHEAR
LINE...WITH THE SOUTHERN EDGE ITS ACCOMPANYING CLOUD BAND ALONG
20N...BETWEEN 160E AND 135E. THIS BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS ABOUT
250 MILES WIDE.

ITCZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 05N153W
04N140W MOVED LITTLE...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.
ISOLATED CB HAVE RECENTLY FORMED WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 08N180
05N168W EQ180 08N180. THESE CB ALSO EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
THERE ARE SCATTERED TO OCCASIONALLY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER THE MAIN
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AND ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE SECOND COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
THERE ARE SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER JOHNSTON ISLAND AND VICINITY.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR SYNOPTIC SCALE WEATHER FEATURES.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 08S163W 09S146W
15S140W 24S138W MOVED NORTH AT 15 KNOTS...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED
IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE
17S178W 25S176W MOVED NORTHEAST AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 04S172W 12S168W 16S174W 06S179W 04S172W MOVED
WEST AT 15 KNOTS...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR SYNOPTIC SCALE WEATHER FEATURES.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.