

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:01:11 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h1FA0vZD075035	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:00:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1F6B7IE043680; Sat,
15 Feb 2003 03:55:18 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1002763 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:55:18 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1F9tGCw031078
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:55:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h1F9tDid023594
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
15 Feb 2003 03:55:13 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h1F9tDof023593 for [email-masked]; Sat,
15 Feb 2003 03:55:13 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:55:13 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 150954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 15 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF POINT 07N162W MOVED WEST AT 15 KT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB...WHICH EXTENDED
ACROSS THE DATELINE...WERE BOUNDED BY 08N176W 04N178W 06N177E
08N178E AND MOVED NORTH NORTHWEST AT 05 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED
IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE TROUGH/SHEARLINE...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 19N150W
17N156W MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN
COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE TROUGH/SHEARLINE IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES FOR THE NORTH PACIFIC. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FIRST SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 02S179W
07S174W MOVED WEST NORTHWEST SLOWLY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN
COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 12S179W 11S176W MOVED
SOUTH SLOWLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

SECOND SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO LOCALLY OCCASIONAL CB BOUNDED BY
15S151W 19S131W 23S145W MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 05 KT...INTENSIFIED
AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 21S132W
27S122W 34S125W MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST SLOWLY...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.