

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:04:24 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0SA4IAK075949	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:04:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0RKmAwq042792; Tue,
28 Jan 2003 03:59:35 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 697629 for [email-masked]; Tue,
28 Jan 2003 03:59:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0S9xYCw043280
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:59:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0S9xSid025274
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
28 Jan 2003 03:59:28 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0S9xSC3025273 for [email-masked]; Tue,
28 Jan 2003 03:59:28 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:59:28 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 280959 CCA
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 28 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT...THE LEADING EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND EXTENDS ALONG
LINE 30N152W 23N170W 17N180. IT ALSO EXTENDS WEST OF THE DATELINE.
THIS BAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS IS 100 TO 225 MILES
WIDE. IT HAS BEEN MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS ALONG
30N...AND TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST AT 5 TO 10 KNOTS SOUTH OF 25N.

ITCZ...THE AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS EXTENDS ALONG LINE 03N140W
03N170W EQ180. THIS BAND OF BROKEN LOW AND HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS IS 150
TO 300 MILES WIDE. ISOLATED...DISORGANIZED CB WITHIN 100 NM OF
LINE 03N150W 04N168W 02N174W 03N180 MOVED LITTLE...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED SLIGHTLY IN COVERAGE. THIS CLOUD BAND ALSO EXTENDS EAST OF
140W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
THERE ARE FEW TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. THERE ARE
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS NORTH OF THE FRONTAL CLOUD BAND AND
OVER THE MIDWAY AREA.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
THERE ARE BROKEN THIN HIGH CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE CILLA CENTERED NEAR 21.0S 170.5W AT 0900
UTC...OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY FREQUENT CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 19S172W
22S170W MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 18 KNOTS...WEAKENED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE. THE SYSTEM DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE VERY WELL ORGANIZED AND
THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE. THE
POSITION IS BASED PRIMARILY ON A 0906 UTC SSMI PASS. REFER TO THE
LATEST BULLETINS FROM THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER AND THE NADI
TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTER.

CZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 13S177W 20S164W
MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10 KNOTS...WEAKENED AND DECREASED DRAMATICALLY IN
COVERAGE. THIS CZ IS ALONG THE OUTER FRINGES OF TROPICAL CYCLONE
CILLA.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE FRONT...A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND IS BOUNDED BY 15S162W 13S145W
25S144W 25S150W 15S162W. IT CONSISTS OF BROKEN MULTI LAYER CLOUDS
WITH ISOLATED EMBEDDED CB. THE CB HAVE SHOWN LITTLE CHANGE IN
POSITION...INTENSITY...OR COVERAGE.

MID/UPPER LEVEL LOW...ISOLATED DISORGANIZED CB WITHIN 250 NM OF LINE
08S136W 24S131W MOVED LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE CZ ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.