

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 11 Feb 2003 05:32:45 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h1ALWdZD041691	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 05:32:40 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1AIfgUQ031146; Mon,
10 Feb 2003 15:26:40 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 920942 for [email-masked]; Mon,
10 Feb 2003 15:26:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1ALQcCw013878
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:26:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h1ALQbid027855
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
10 Feb 2003 15:26:37 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h1ALQbiV027854 for [email-masked]; Mon,
10 Feb 2003 15:26:37 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:26:37 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

WTXS33 PGTW 102100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S WARNING NR 001
03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
101800Z0 --- NEAR 15.6S2 64.2E2
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 200 DEGREES AT 11 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 070 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
050 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
050 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
070 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
REPEAT POSIT: 15.6S2 64.2E2
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
110600Z8 --- 17.3S1 63.7E6
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 070 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
060 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
050 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
070 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 190 DEG/ 10 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
111800Z1 --- 19.2S2 63.3E2
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 050 KT, GUSTS 065 KT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 075 NM
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 195 DEG/ 09 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
120600Z9 --- 21.0S3 62.7E5
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 050 KT, GUSTS 065 KT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 080 NM
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 205 DEG/ 12 KTS
---
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
121800Z2 --- 23.1S6 61.6E3
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 080 NM
---
REMARKS:
102100Z4 POSITION NEAR 16.0S7 64.1E1.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 17S, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 460 NM EAST-
NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS, HAS TRACKED SOUTH AT 11 KNOTS OVER THE PAST
6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 101730Z2 ENHANCED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE
CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 35 AND 45 KNOTS. A 101741Z4 SSM/I
PASS DEPICTS A WELL-DEFINED CIRCULATION WITH A DEEP CONVECTIVE BAND
IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. TC 17S IS EXPECTED TO TRACK SOUTH-
SOUTHWESTWARD THROUGH 48 HOURS AS IT BEGINS TO INTERACT WITH TC 16S
(GERRY). THE AVAILABLE DYNAMIC AIDS, INCLUDING NGPS, UKMET (EGRR),
AND NCEP AVIATION (AVN) ARE IN POOR AGREEMENT WITH THIS SCENARIO.
AVN AND NOGAPS TRACK THE SYSTEM TO THE WEST, INDICATING NO
INTERACTION WITH TC 16S. BASED ON THE CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THE TWO
CYCLONES, OUR FORECAST IS BASED ON PERSISTENCE AND THE EGRR. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 101800Z0 IS 11 FEET. THIS WARNING
SUPERSEDES AND CANCELS REF A, NAVPACMETOCCEN 100521ZFEB2003 TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS21 PGTW 100530) NEXT WARNINGS AT
110900Z1 AND 112100Z5. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 14S (FIONA)
WARNINGS (WTXS31 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL
CYCLONE 16S (GERRY) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.