

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:53:47 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h0U5reAK067189	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:53:42 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0TMvEro007402; Wed,
29 Jan 2003 23:43:30 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 731298 for [email-masked]; Wed,
29 Jan 2003 23:41:13 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0U5fCCw027438
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:41:12 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h0U5f3id019577
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
29 Jan 2003 23:41:03 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h0U5f3TD019575 for [email-masked]; Wed,
29 Jan 2003 23:41:03 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:41:03 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-SW:    A. Tropical Cyclone Summary: None.
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 300600
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 300000Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 12P (BENI) LOCATED NEAR
19.0S0 167.7E1, APPROXIMATELY 205 NM NORTH-NORTHEAST OF NOUMEA,
NEW CALEDONIA, HAS TRACKED EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 17 KNOTS DURING THE
PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 115 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 140 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 300300) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL CYCLONE 13P PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
NEAR 22.4S8 167.3W7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 24.1S7 165.5W7,
APPROXIMATELY 660 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF PAGO PAGO, TUTUILA. ANIMATED
MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS A WELL DEFINED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) REMAINS, WITH DEEP CONVECTION TO THE
SOUTHEAST OF THE LLCC. 200 MB ANALYSIS DEPICTS WEAK TO MODERATE
DIFFLUENCE ALOFT AND MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 1.0N1 156.0E2,
APPROXIMATELY 450 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF CHUUK ISLAND, HAS PERSISTED
OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL AND ENHANCED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY, AS WELL AS RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY, INDICATES AN
AREA OF BROAD TROUGHING AT THE SURFACE WITH DISORGANIZED AND CYCLING
DEEP CONVECTION OVER THE AREA. 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE
DIFFLUENCE ALOFT AND MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE REGION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 12 TO 18 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1009 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BRYANT/JACOBS/COOK//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.