

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 (built Feb 21 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:28:14 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h08AS1mc069655	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:28:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0853iKK026334; Wed,
08 Jan 2003 04:20:54 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 399437 for [email-masked]; Wed,
08 Jan 2003 04:20:54 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h08AKrCw023878
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed, 08 Jan 2003 04:20:54 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h08AKrid024676
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
08 Jan 2003 04:20:53 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h08AKrR0024675 for [email-masked]; Wed,
08 Jan 2003 04:20:53 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 04:20:53 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 081020
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 08 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N160W 23N180 AND EXTENDING NORTHEAST AND SOUTHWEST
HAS MOVED EAST AT 25KT ALONG 30N SOUTHEAST AT 10KT NEAR THE
DATELINE. OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITHIN 120NM NW OF FRONT.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 05N140W 03N150W 01N170W. ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN
LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 140NM OF AXIS EAST OF 159W. ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 02N159W 03N170W HAVE REMAINED
NEARLY STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN AREA IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.  SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS
ACROSS AREA. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS
ACROSS AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...THROUGH 25S144W 20S146W 11S155W. AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST
LAYERED CLOUDS PARTLY BOUNDED BY 10S155W 10S147W 25S135W 25S144W
20S146W 10S155W AND EXTENDING SOUTH WITH AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED
BY 14S144W 25S141W 18S146W 14S144W. AREA OF CB HAS MOVED NORTHEAST
AT 10KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

LOW NEAR 11S179W WITH TROUGH THROUGH 11S164W. NEW BROKEN LAYERED
CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 110 NM OF LINE 05S169W
01S178W ASSOCIATED WITH CONVERGENCE INTO LOW AND TROUGH.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.