

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Wed, 05 Mar 2003 05:49:34 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h24LnRjU078641	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 05:49:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h24J4T2g014804; Tue,
04 Mar 2003 15:42:58 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1307422 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:42:58 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h24Lgviw042786
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:42:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h24Lgpid018910
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
04 Mar 2003 15:42:51 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h24LgpMH018909 for [email-masked]; Tue,
04 Mar 2003 15:42:51 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:42:51 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-S: Msgid/genadmin/navpacmetoccen Pearl Harbor Hi/jtwc//
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

WTXS21 PGTW 042130
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 042121ZMAR03//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
A 125 NM RADIUS OF 11.5S7 78.4E9 WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF A NUMBERED TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNING AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE
25 TO 35 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 041730Z5 INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 11.5S7 78.4E9. THE SYSTEM IS
QUASI-STATIONARY.
2. REMARKS: THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.6S8
78.5E0, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.5S7 78.7E2, APPROXIMATELY 445 NM
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A
041307Z5 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS INDICATES DEEP
CONVECTION OVER A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) HAS INCREASED
IN ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. DEEP CONVECTION IS LOCATED
PRIMARILY WEST THROUGH SOUTHWEST OF THE LLCC. UPPER-LEVEL ANALYSIS
INDICATES WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND FAVORABLE
DIVERGENCE ALOFT OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 35 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO
GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
052130Z1.
4. RELEASED BY: LT SMITH, USN.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.