

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:00:11 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h26M02Mh058299	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:00:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h26JKi4i045466; Thu,
06 Mar 2003 15:51:08 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1350670 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:49:44 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h26Lnhiw005862
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:49:44 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h26Lncid016711
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
06 Mar 2003 15:49:38 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h26LncuE016710 for [email-masked]; Thu,
06 Mar 2003 15:49:38 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:49:38 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 062149
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 06 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
MID TO UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS ALONG 159W NORTH OF HAWAII...A BAND
OF BROKEN MULTI LAYER CLOUDS IS BOUNDED BY 30N157W 30N152W 23N156W
21N164W 26N158W 30N157W...AND HAS BEEN MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST AT 15
TO 25 KNOTS. ISOLATED CB EMBEDDED IN THIS CLOUD BAND WEAKENED AND
DECREASED IN COVERAGE. THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH HAS BEEN MOVING
TOWARDS THE EAST NEAR 35 KNOTS.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 07N141W 05N154W MOVED WEST
AT 20 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. ISOLATED
TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 125 NM OF LINE 04N172W 01N180 MOVED
LITTLE...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE MID TO UPPER LEVEL TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
THE LEADING EDGE OF A SHOWERY CLOUD BAND IS ALONG LINE 20N164W
12N175W. THIS BAND OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS 200 MILES
WIDE FROM NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST AND 600 MILES LONG FROM SOUTHWEST
TO NORTHEAST. THERE ARE A FEW SPORADIC TCU/CB WITHIN THE CLOUD
BAND...AND IT HAS BEEN MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST AT 15 KNOTS.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 125 NM OF LINE
12S174W 16S167W MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 5 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN
COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY FREQUENT CB BOUNDED BY
03S180 09S176W 12S180 03S180 MOVED LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN
COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. THESE CB ALSO EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 16S167W 23S161W 24S152W MOVED
SOUTHWEST AT 15 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE...ISOLATED CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED WITHIN
50 NM OF LINE 23S120W 20S131W 21S137W 24S145W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SURFACE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY EQ173W 09S170W 10S176W 01S180 EQ173W MOVED
LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.