

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 30 Mar 2003 18:04:09 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h2UA41FO042530	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 18:04:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h2TM00Q2038742; Sun,
30 Mar 2003 03:54:10 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1732571 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 30 Mar 2003 03:53:26 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h2U9rPeQ037438
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun, 30 Mar 2003 03:53:25 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h2U9qxid002792
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
30 Mar 2003 03:52:59 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h2U9qxua002791 for [email-masked]; Sun,
30 Mar 2003 03:52:59 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 03:52:59 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIIIII, Probability=35%, Report=LINES_OF_YELLING,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2, LINES_OF_YELLING_3, SPAM_PHRASE_01_02,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY, UPPERCASE_75_100, __UPPERCASE_75_100

ACPA40 PHFO 300953
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 30 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SHEARLINE...AXIS THROUGH 30N144W 25N152W. ISOLATED TCU AND OVERCAST
LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 60NM OF AXIS.

TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH 22N155W 20N159W MOVING NORTHWEST SLOWLY.
OCCASIONAL TCU AND VERY ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100NM NW OF TROUGH AXIS.

FRONT/SHEARLINE...FRONT FROM 30N163W THROUGH 25N163W THROUGH 19N170W
EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE THROUGH 15N180
AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180. FRONT MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 10KT. SHEARLINE
MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 5KT. OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 50NM OF FRONT. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 120NM NW OF SHEARLINE.

LOW...NEAR 29N169W MOVING SOUTH SLOWLY.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 06N140W 06N150W 04N155W 03N177W. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 07N150W 04N152W HAVE MOVED WEST SLOWLY AND
WEAKENED. OCCASIONAL TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN
100NM OF ITCZ AXIS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE
THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH
WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SHEARLINE...AXIS THROUGH 23S120W 22S131W WITH BROKEN LOW CLOUDS
WITHIN 90NM SOUTH OF SHEARLINE AXIS AND ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60NM OF
POINT 22S131W.

FIRST SURFACE TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH 25S144W 19S146W. NEW ISOLATED CB
HAVE FORMED WITHIN 90NM OF POINT 17S149W.

SECOND SURFACE TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH 25S167W 20S167W 15S171W
12S177W. AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 11S175W 12S167W 15S155W
25S165W 17S167W 11S175W. THE CB EAST OF 169W ARE NEW. THE CB WEST
OF 169W HAVE WEAKENED IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE FIRST CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE SECOND SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.