

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:55:40 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h11LtXAK077033	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:55:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h0VKu0CQ038662; Sat,
01 Feb 2003 15:47:46 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 770914 for [email-masked]; Sat,
01 Feb 2003 15:47:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h11LljCw037888
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat, 01 Feb 2003 15:47:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h11Lliid017777
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
01 Feb 2003 15:47:44 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h11Lli5c017776 for [email-masked]; Sat,
01 Feb 2003 15:47:44 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 15:47:44 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 012147
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 01 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT...THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND EXTENDS
ALONG LINE 30N165W 25N180...AND SOUTHWESTWARD BEYOND THE DATELINE.
THIS BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS 100 TO 150 MILES WIDE...AND HAS
BEEN MOVING TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST AT 5 KNOTS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
THERE ARE SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WITH A FEW SHOWERY CLOUD BANDS MOVING
TOWARDS THE WEST IN THE TRADE WIND FLOW. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
THERE ARE SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WITH A FEW SHOWERY CLOUD BANDS
MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST IN THE TRADE WIND FLOW.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED IN AN AREA BOUNDED
BY 07N180 EQ169W EQ180 07N180.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 02S175W 04S168W MOVED NORTH
AT 15 KNOTS...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. OCCASIONAL CB
BOUNDED BY EQ180 EQ177W 07S175W 06S180 EQ180 MOVED NORTH AT 5
KNOTS...WEAKENED AND DECREASED SLIGHTLY IN COVERAGE. THESE CB ALSO
EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB HAVE RECENTLY
DEVELOPED WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 08S180 10S167W. ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 175 NM OF LINE 05S163W 25S160W MOVED
LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. THERE IS ALSO
A SURFACE LOW CENTERED NEAR 18S 163W.

MID/UPPER LEVEL LOW CENTERED NEAR 19S 139W...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 180
NM OF LINE 11S146W 20S135W 26S121W MOVED WEST AT 5 KNOTS...AND
CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
THERE ARE SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER THE ISLANDS. THE NORTHERN EDGE
OF A SHOWERY BAND OF BROKEN TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS IS 50 NM SOUTH
OF SAVAII AND 200 MILES SOUTH OF PAGO PAGO. THIS CLOUD BAND IS 100
NM WIDE AND IS ORIENTED FROM NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST. IT HAS BEEN
MOVING TOWARDS THE NORTH AT 10 KNOTS. THERE IS A WEAK...SMALL
SURFACE LOW NEAR 16.5S 170.6W...EMBEDDED WITHIN THE CLOUD BAND.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.