

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 18 Feb 2003 06:02:46 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h1HM2cnr073829	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 06:02:40 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1HL6oHw027052; Mon,
17 Feb 2003 15:51:46 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1040870 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:49:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1HLntCw014940
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:49:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h1HLnqid000720
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
17 Feb 2003 15:49:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h1HLnqbL000719 for [email-masked]; Mon,
17 Feb 2003 15:49:52 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:49:52 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 172149
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 17 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SHEAR LINE/COLD FRONT...THE EASTERN EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND
EXTENDS ALONG LINE 13N140W 10N146W. THIS RAGGED BAND OF SCATTERED TO
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS 50 MILES WIDE AND HAS BEEN MOVING TOWARDS THE
SOUTHEAST AT LESS THAN 5 KNOTS.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 07N164W 06N158W EQ153W
EQ148W 07N142W MOVED WEST SOUTHWEST NEAR 15 KNOTS...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED SLIGHTLY IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE
06N167W 02N180 MOVED LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT/SURFACE TROUGH...THE EASTERN EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND
EXTENDS ALONG LINE 25S121W 18S127W. THIS BAND OF BROKEN MULTI LAYER
CLOUDS IS 300 TO 400 MILES WIDE...AND HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY.
THE NORTHERN EDGE OF A CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A SURFACE
TROUGH/CZ EXTENDS ALONG LINE 18S127W 12S134W 08S161W. THIS BAND OF
BROKEN TO OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED MULTI LAYER CLOUDS IS 250 TO 400
MILES WIDE AND IS NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB
WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 10S162W 16S135W 25S124W MOVED LITTLE...AND
CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

CZ...ISOLATED CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE
08S177W 13S175W.

SURFACE LOW NEAR 18S157W...A FEW SPORADIC CB WITHIN 50 NM OF LINE
18S157W 19S155W MOVED LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.