

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 06 Feb 2003 05:55:30 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h15LtMBF070415	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 05:55:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h15GWdp4007686; Wed,
05 Feb 2003 15:45:56 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d)
with spool id 838873 for [email-masked]; Wed,
05 Feb 2003 15:45:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h15LjtCw015154
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:45:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h15Ljtid018098
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
05 Feb 2003 15:45:55 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h15Ljtu2018097 for [email-masked]; Wed,
05 Feb 2003 15:45:55 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:45:55 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 052145
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 05 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT EXTENDED NORTH OF 30N...ARE
WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 30N158W 27N162W 23N170W...HAVE MOVED
EAST AT 25 KT...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT EXTENDED EAST OF 140W...ARE IN AREA
BOUNDED BY 09N140W 04N140W 04N157W EQ159W 04N164W 09N156W
09N140W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09F...CENTERED NEAR 13.1S 162.2W AT 1800
UTC...HAS OCCASIONAL TO FREQUENT CB WITHIN 90NM OF CENTER AND
WITHIN 240 NM NORTH AND NORTHWEST OF CENTER. DEPRESSION HAS MOVED
SOUTH OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS AND INTENSIFIED. SEE THE LATEST
BULLETINS FROM THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER AND THE NADI
TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTER FOR DETAILS.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08F...CENTERED NEAR 15S 171W AT 1800 UTC...HAS
ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB...WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 15S167W
19S173W 18S177W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. SEE THE LATEST BULLETINS FROM THE NADI
TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTER FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE
DATELINE...ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY EQ175W 06S160W 10S160W 10S163W
05S180 03S180 EQ175W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...AND INCREASED
IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

UPPER LOW...ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 20S155W
25S156W...HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 10 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08F AND 09F UNDER TROPICAL
CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.