

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:57:54 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.5/8.12.5) with ESMTP id h1L9vlnr096397	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:57:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1L6HSU0037958; Fri,
21 Feb 2003 03:50:12 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1109119 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 21 Feb 2003 03:50:11 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h1L9oBCw020960
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri, 21 Feb 2003 03:50:11 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h1L9o7id004574
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
21 Feb 2003 03:50:07 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h1L9o7da004573 for [email-masked]; Fri,
21 Feb 2003 03:50:07 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 03:50:07 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=, Probability=0%, Report=

ACPA40 PHFO 210949
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 21 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH ALONG 154W BETWEEN 25N AND 17N...ISOLATED CB HAVE
RECENTLY DEVELOPED WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 26N151W 23N155W. INSTABILITY
IN THIS REGION IS ALSO BEING ENHANCED BY AN APPROACHING UPPER LEVEL
SHORT WAVE TROUGH FROM THE WEST.

ITCZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED WITHIN 100
NM OF LINE 04N174W 03N180.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF A CLOUD BAND IS ALONG LINE 30N160W 26N165W
24N173W 24N175W. EAST OF 166W THIS CLOUD BAND IS ABOUT 100 MILES
WIDE AND MADE UP OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED
SPORADIC CB. WEST OF 166W THE BAND OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS
IS 25 TO 50 MILES WIDE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 21N147W
18N142W.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE LOW NEAR 21S 146W...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 21S142W 26S141W
23S148W 21S142W MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 12 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN
COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

SURFACE LOW NEAR 19S 130W...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 20S133W
22S128W MOVED LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 13S158W 19S134W
24S138W MOVED LITTLE...CHANGED LITTLE IN INTENSITY AND INCREASED
SLIGHTLY IN COVERAGE.

MID TO UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 25S 152W...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF
LINE 23S150W 25S151W MOVED NORTH NORTHEAST AT 6 KNOTS...AND CHANGED
LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 12S172W 20S180 MOVED
NORTHWEST AT 6 KNOTS...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.