

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 04 Apr 2003 06:05:34 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h33M5ZBc038829	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 06:05:37 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h33JKTGM022416; Thu,
03 Apr 2003 15:56:17 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8d) with spool id 1826992 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:56:17 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h33LuGeQ011764
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:56:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id h33Ltjid005600
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
03 Apr 2003 15:55:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          h33Ltj4I005599 for [email-masked]; Thu,
03 Apr 2003 15:55:45 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:55:45 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIIIIIIII, Probability=38%, Report=LINES_OF_YELLING,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2, LINES_OF_YELLING_3, SPAM_PHRASE_02_03,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY, UPPERCASE_75_100, __UPPERCASE_75_100

ACPA40 PHFO 032156
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 03 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2032 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 07N140W TO 07N150W TO
09N155W TO 02N160W TO 02N170W MOVED WEST AT 15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN SIZE AND INTENSITY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...MAINLY...LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF
30N...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N160W 30N155W 24N158W 20N162W 25N163W
30N160W AND ARE NEARLY STATIONARY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.  FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
ISOLATED TCU BOUNDED BY 18N167W 15N169W 16N171W 18N169W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR
INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT AREAS OF DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08S165W 20S140W
25S148W 22S158W 15S155W 08S165W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT...INCREASED
IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

CZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 05N160E 14S175W 14S170E 05S155E
05N160E STRADDLE THE DATELINE AND THE EQUATOR AND HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY BUT INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT AREAS OF DEEP CONVECTION.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.