

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 18 Mar 2004 06:18:23 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id i2HMIVt2099482	for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 18 Mar 2004 06:18:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2HIGmR3024820; Wed,
17 Mar 2004 16:10:46 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1586903 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:10:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2HMAjD1039738
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:10:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2HMAj9Z017106
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
17 Mar 2004 16:10:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2HMAjAd017105 for [email-masked]; Wed,
17 Mar 2004 16:10:45 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:10:45 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000, __HAS_MSGID 0,
__SANE_MSGID 0, __TO_MALFORMED_2 0, __UPPERCASE_75_100 0'

ACPA40 PHFO 172210
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 17 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...SCATTERED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140E...WITHIN 150 NM OF
LINE 04N162W 06N152W 04N140W HAVE MOVED WEST 15 KT...INCREASED IN
AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

SURFACE/UPPER LEVEL LOW...CENTERED NEAR 30N156W...HAS ISOLATED NEWLY
FORMED CB...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
30N158W 27N157W 28N150W 30N146W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NONE.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH...HAS ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF
25S...WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 22S166W 25S163W THAT HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN BOTH AREA AND INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH...SCATTERED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 08S154W 11S143W
15S159W 21S156W 18S170W 11S167W 08S154W THAT HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH...NEWLY FORMED WIDELY SCATTERED CB...THAT EXTEND
SOUTH OF 25S...ARE WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 20S130W 25S124W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF 180...WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE
06S173E 08S177W HAVE MOVED WEST 15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND
INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF 180...WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
16S175E 12S174W 15S171W 18S177W 21S175W 22S180 16S175E HAVE MOVED
WEST 10 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.