

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:55:56 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0I9tqZa060215	for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:55:53 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0I3B0In057698; Sun,
18 Jan 2004 03:46:39 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 598279 for [email-masked]; Sun,
18 Jan 2004 03:46:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0I9kcD1011848
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:46:38 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i0I9jsnN010103
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
18 Jan 2004 03:45:54 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i0I9jsK8010102 for [email-masked]; Sun,
18 Jan 2004 03:45:54 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:45:54 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 180946
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 18 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 03N166W 04N170W HAVE
MOVED WEST SOUTHWEST 15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

FRONT...30N161W 25N166W 18N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST
OF DATELINE. ISOLATED CB AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 60NM OF
FRONT NORTH OF 24N HAVE MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 25 KT WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS
SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND
AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH 1...25S121W 17S135W 13S145W 10S158W AND EXTENDING
SOUTH OF 25S. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 180 NM NORTHEAST OF TROUGH EAST OF
131W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
AREA. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 13S138W 13S134W 15S130W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.
WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE THROUGH 09S157W 10S149W
11S145W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED...AND INCREASED IN
AREA.

SURFACE TROUGH 2...15S173W 11S180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY...
WEAKENED...AND DECREASED IN AREA.

UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25N WITHIN AREA
PARTIALLY BOUNDED BY 22S176W 25S172W 25S180 22S176W HAVE MOVED NORTH
10 KT...INTENSIFIED...AND INCREASED IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SOUTH PACIFIC OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE TROUGH
2...FOR CONVECTION WEST OF SAMOA.

ELSEWHERE...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.