

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:58:48 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id hBVI0DLv049882	for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 01 Jan 2004 02:00:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id hBTJAvs5098454; Wed,
31 Dec 2003 11:52:15 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 393995 for [email-masked]; Wed,
31 Dec 2003 11:52:14 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id hBVHqED1065620
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:52:14 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id hBVHpunN009607
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
31 Dec 2003 11:51:56 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          hBVHpuOZ009606 for [email-masked]; Wed,
31 Dec 2003 11:51:56 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:51:56 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/tropical Cyclone Formation Alert 311851z Dec 03//
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIIIII, Probability=19%,
Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000,
SUBJECT_MONTH_2 0, SUBJECT_MONTH 0'

WTPS21 PGTW 311900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 311851Z DEC 03//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/301851Z DEC 03//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY SUVA
2. AMEMBASSY SUVA REQ PASS TO USAID OFDA ADVISOR
3. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
A 120 NM RADIUS OF 13.4S8 176.9W3 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED
TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 311730Z5 INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 13.1S5 177.1W6. THE SYSTEM IS
DRIFTING SOUTHWARD AT 01 KNOTS.
4. REMARKS: THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.1S5
176.7W1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.1S5 177.1W6, APPROXIMATELY 260 NM
WEST OF APIA, WESTERN SAMOA. RECENT INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
REVEALS THAT DEEP CYCLING CONVECTION IS DISPLACED NORTHEAST OF
A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. UPPER AIR ANALYSIS REVEALS AN
ENVIRONMENT OF WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND WEAK EQUATORWARD
OUTFLOW. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 998MB.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD. THIS SUPERSEDES REF A.
5. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED
BY 011900Z1.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.