

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:20:26 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i12JKMpN073878	for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:20:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i127Omed028938; Mon,
02 Feb 2004 13:13:21 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 875542 for [email-masked]; Mon,
02 Feb 2004 13:13:21 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i12JDKD1025866
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 02 Feb 2004 13:13:20 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i12JCDnN024158
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
02 Feb 2004 13:12:13 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i12JCCqc024156 for [email-masked]; Mon,
02 Feb 2004 13:12:12 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 13:12:12 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIIIII, Probability=19%,
Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

WTIO24 FMEE 021800
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 02/02/2004 AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 027/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: MONDAY    02/02/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 6 (ELITA) 976 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.4S / 43.4E
(NINETEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST-SOUTH-EAST 5 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN30 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN
QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN
QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE WESTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE AND IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/03 AT 06 UTC:
20.0S / 44.4E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/03 AT 18 UTC:
21.1S / 45.4E, OVERLAND.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
ELITA BEGIN TO MOVE EASTWARD AGAIN TOWARDS THE MALAGASY COAST.
ELITA IS UNDER GOOD CONDITIONS TO DEVELOP.
STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT WITH
THE WELL ESTABLISHED MONSOON FLOW  IN THE NORTHERN PART OF THE CHANNEL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.