

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 01 Mar 2004 05:59:23 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1TLxNqW068796	for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 01 Mar 2004 05:59:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1TJWBGl038920; Sun,
29 Feb 2004 15:56:06 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1283924 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:56:02 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1TLu2D1005136
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:56:02 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i1TLu2nN021120
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
29 Feb 2004 15:56:02 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i1TLu1kH021119 for [email-masked]; Sun,
29 Feb 2004 15:56:01 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:56:01 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 292155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 29 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
08N168W 05N168W 05N176W 03N178W 04N175E 07N176E HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 09N152W 06N141W 04N142W 06N153W HAVE
MOVED EAST TO SOUTHEAST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

SURFACE LOW/FRONT/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 19N154W
18N151W 14N152W 14N156W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 75 NM
OF LINE 19N156W 17N159W HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 8 KT AND DECREASED
IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE
BOUNDED BY 30N169W 30N165W 24N170W 22N174W 24N174W 27N170W.  FEATURE
HAS BEEN MOVING EAST TO SOUTHEAST AT 15 TO 20 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE LOW/FRONT/UPPER TROUGH.
FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...1...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND EQUATOR AND
BOUNDED BY 02N172E 02S174W 05S174W 05S180 03S172E HAVE MOVED NORTH
AT 10 KT IN 12 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

CZ...2...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
05S178E 06S178W 08S179W 05S170W 07S170W 12S178E 08S176E HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 18 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND WITHIN
75 NM OF LINE 19S155W 21S148W 25S145W HAVE MOVED TO NORTH TO
NORTHEAST AT 5 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 03S164W 07S156W 12S159W 08S167W HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 10 TO 15 KT AND WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 13S155W 13S152W 15S149W HAVE
MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 15S137W 17S130W 22S128W
24S131W 24S133W 18S138W HAVE MOVED EAST TO SOUTHEAST AT 5 KT WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.