

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:09:54 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id i2NMA7Fb056030	for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:10:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2N0eIcj043430; Tue,
23 Mar 2004 16:01:57 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1667226 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:01:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2NM1vD1055894
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:01:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2NM1u9Z002778
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
23 Mar 2004 16:01:56 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2NM1uAC002777 for [email-masked]; Tue,
23 Mar 2004 16:01:56 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:01:56 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000, __HAS_MSGID 0,
__SANE_MSGID 0, __TO_MALFORMED_2 0, __UPPERCASE_75_100 0'

ACPA40 PHFO 232201
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 23 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08N170W 06N164W 08N161W 06N161W
04N166W 04N176W 08N177W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 TO 10 KT...DECREASED
IN AREA AND WEAKENED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 05N158W 05N153W
02N153W 01N166W 02N166W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM
OF LINE 04N148W 04N146W 03N145W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12
HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

UPPER TROUGH...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 25N153W
25N142W 16N149W 18N159W 23N159W.  FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 5 TO 10 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH.  FOR MORE DETAILS...
SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 06S162W 08S151W 11S152W 15S159W
17S166W 13S175W 08S173W 06S169W HAVE EXPANDED NORTH AND EAST AT 5 TO
10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 19S135W 21S128W 25S130W
25S133W 20S135W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ.

ELSEWHERE...
WIDELY SCATTERED TO SCATTERED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 12S180 15S178W
16S180 HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 15 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 07S141W 07S138W 09S139W
10S143W 09S144W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSIFIED.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.