

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 04 Jan 2004 05:47:09 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i03Lmd9o032870	for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 04 Jan 2004 05:48:40 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i014ShB5080650; Sat,
03 Jan 2004 15:43:31 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 420648 for [email-masked]; Sat,
03 Jan 2004 15:43:31 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i03LhUD1093292
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:43:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i03Lh8nN020971
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
03 Jan 2004 15:43:08 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i03Lh8Ot020970 for [email-masked]; Sat,
03 Jan 2004 15:43:08 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:43:08 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 032143
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 03 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE
WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 30N150W 20N155W 13N159W...HAVE MOVED
NORTHEAST AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

WEAK LOW...ISOLATED CB ARE IN AREA BETWEEN 02N AND 09N WEST OF
174W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W...ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF
A LINE THROUGH 05N140W 08N153W 11N157W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10
KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE FRONT/TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR MORE
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE HETA NEAR 10.6S 174.6W AT 1800 UTC HAS FREQUENT CB
WITHIN 150 NM OF CENTER AND ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB...THAT EXTEND
WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 02S175W 04S167W
13S169W 16S173W 14S179E 11S170E EQ170E 02S175W. SEE LATEST BULLETINS
FROM RSMC NADI AND THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURE...
TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...ARE WITHIN 60 NM
OF A LINE THROUGH 25S123W 20S128W 17S137W...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 05
KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...ARE
WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 25S155W 20S160W 15S168W...HAVE MOVED
SOUTHWEST AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL HETA UNDER TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES ABOVE.  ALSO
SEE CZ/SURFACE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 10S152W 13S145W
20S150W...HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.