

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:54:03 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1N9rugn020088	for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:53:58 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1N61bHd046624; Mon,
23 Feb 2004 03:45:56 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1174063 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 23 Feb 2004 03:45:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1N9jtD1037152
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 23 Feb 2004 03:45:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i1N9jtnN012636
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
23 Feb 2004 03:45:55 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i1N9jt6H012635 for [email-masked]; Mon,
23 Feb 2004 03:45:55 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 03:45:55 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 230945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 23 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...05N171W 06N163W 06N149W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE
04N171W 06N165W 07N162W HAVE MOVED WEST 15 KT...DECREASED IN
AREA...AND WEAKENED. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 06N155W
06N150W HAVE MOVED WEST SLOWLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

FRONT/SHEARLINE...30N153W 28N162W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND
CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE TO 19N180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180. NEW
ISOLATED CB...WHICH CONTINUE WEST OF 180...WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF
LINE 22N174W 20N180. SHOWERY OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 60NM OF
FRONT AND SHEARLINE HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST SLOWLY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION
ABOVE...FRONT/SHEARLINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NIL.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...25S158W 16S165W 12S172W 11S180. ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA
BOUNDED BY 15S164W 22S145W 25S144W 25S160W 19S164W 15S164W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF
LINE 08S171W 10S168W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA. WIDELY SCATTERED CB...WHICH CROSS 180...WERE
WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 05S178W 09S177E AND HAVE MOVED NORTHWEST
SLOWLY...INCREASED IN AREA...AND INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.