

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 20 Jan 2004 06:04:26 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0JM4JZa006172	for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 20 Jan 2004 06:04:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0JI2eVf026204; Mon,
19 Jan 2004 15:55:46 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 635010 for [email-masked]; Mon,
19 Jan 2004 15:55:41 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0JLtdD1065670
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:55:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i0JLsrnN001896
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
19 Jan 2004 15:54:53 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i0JLsrr8001895 for [email-masked]; Mon,
19 Jan 2004 15:54:53 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:54:53 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 192155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 19 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 06N170W 05N172W 04N175W
04N178W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 06N162W 05N158W HAVE
MOVED WEST AT 15 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

FRONT...1...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N ARE
BOUNDED BY 30N151W 30N145W 25N153W 24N160W 25N160W.  FEATURE MOVING
EAST AT 10 TO 15 KT ALONG 30N...MOVING SLOWLY EAST SOUTH OF 25N.

FRONT...2...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...MAINLY...SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS THAT
EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE DATELINE ARE BOUNDED BY 30N167W
30N163W 26N170W 23N180 25N180 28N170W.  FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 45 KT
ALONG 30N...MOVING EAST/SOUTHEAST AT 20 TO 25 KT SOUTH OF 25N.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT...1 AND 2.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE EQUATOR AND DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
02N180 EQ176W 03S178W 03S177E EQ176E HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT
..INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 04S158W 11S135W
15S137W 10S152W 06S159W HAVE MOVED WEST TO NORTHWEST AT 5 TO 10 KT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

UPPER LOW/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S
AND BOUNDED BY 22S169W 24S165W 25S165W 25S169W HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT
15 TO 20 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE EQUATOR AND DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
02N180 EQ176W 03S178W 03S177E EQ176E HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT
..INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.