

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:05:57 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1PM5pgn067067	for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:05:54 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1P3DZpP096126; Wed,
25 Feb 2004 16:00:37 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1219357 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:00:36 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1PM0aD1048482
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:00:36 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i1PM07nN026974
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
25 Feb 2004 16:00:12 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i1PLxqap026940 for [email-masked]; Wed,
25 Feb 2004 15:59:52 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:59:52 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 252159
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 25 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W...ARE
WITHIN 40 NM OF LINE THROUGH 03N145W 04N140W.

FRONT...THAT EXTENDS WEST OF 180...THROUGH 30N174W 27N180 25N167E
26N150E 23N135E. ISOLATED TCU AND SHOWERY BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW
CLOUDS WITHIN 120NM NORTH OF FRONT HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST 10-15 KT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

FRONT/SHEAR LINE...HAS ISOLATED TCU WITHIN 30NM OF LINE THROUGH
24N140W 23N150W 24N159W THAT HAVE MOVED LITTLE WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
AREA AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS. FOR DETAILS...
SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 29N172W 24N170W
27N176W 29N172W. FRONT NORTHWEST OF AREA WILL MOVE OVER THE ISLANDS
LATER TONIGHT WITH AN INCREASE IN CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NIL.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CONVERGENCE ZONE 1...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...
WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 16S147W 23S143W 21S152W 25S155W 25S160W
18S159W 16S147W HAVE MOVED LITTLE AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CONVERGENCE ZONE 2...WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
01S178W 08S162W 15S178W 10S180 01S178W HAVE MOVED WEST 10 KT WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CONVERGENCE ZONE 2.

ELSEWHERE...
NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W...ARE WITHIN 90
NM OF LINE THROUGH 16S127W 20S120W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.