

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:04:25 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1FA4LhM068427	for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:04:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1ECCSOR031268; Sun,
15 Feb 2004 03:55:43 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1060071 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 15 Feb 2004 03:55:43 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1F9tgD1067822
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 15 Feb 2004 03:55:43 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i1F9tgnN019945
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
15 Feb 2004 03:55:42 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i1F9tgPa019944 for [email-masked]; Sun,
15 Feb 2004 03:55:42 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 03:55:42 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 150955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 15 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 27N154W 28N150W
28N147W 29N145W MOVED EAST AT 10 KT WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN
COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 04N170W 05N180 WERE NEARLY
STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FIRST SURFACE TROUGH...WIDELY SCATTERED TO SCATTERED CB...WHICH
CROSSED THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 21S179E 25S176W
28S174W AND MOVED SOUTHEAST AT LESS THAN 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SECOND SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 08S166W 14S172W
08S179W MOVED WEST AT LESS THAN 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

UPPER LEVEL LOW...ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED CB BOUNDED BY 10S155W
21S150W 24S155W MOVED WEST-SOUTHWEST SLOWLY WITH A SLIGHT DECREASE
IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE SECOND SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 25S132W 21S144W MOVED WEST-
SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.