

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 12 Mar 2004 05:49:58 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2BLo4Ee058495	for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 12 Mar 2004 05:50:05 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2BKd6Et078574; Thu,
11 Mar 2004 15:44:40 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1497447 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:44:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2BLidD1036532
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:44:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2BLic9Z000917
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
11 Mar 2004 15:44:38 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2BLicdM000916 for [email-masked]; Thu,
11 Mar 2004 15:44:38 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:44:38 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 112144
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 11 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...04N140W 01N159W 06N166W 03N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W AND
WEST OF 180. SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM OF
LINE 04N141W 04N150W 01N157W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15KT AND
INTENSIFIED. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN
90NM OF LINE 08N160W 06N170W 03N180 HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA.

LOW ALOFT...NEAR 16N155W. AREA ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 14N151W
14N149W
11N150W 14N151W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY...WEAKENED AND
DECREASED IN SIZE IN THE PAST 12 HOURS. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED
CLOUDS ELSEWHERE BOUNDED BY 15N153W 15N148W 11N148W 09N155W 15N153W
HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 10KT AND DECREASED IN SIZE.

FRONT/SHEARLINE...30N169W 27N175W EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND
CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE TO 26N180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF DATELINE.
SHOWERY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 70NM OF FRONT/SHEARLINE HAVE MOVED
SOUTHEAST AT 10KT AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...FRONT/SHEARLINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CONVERGENCE ZONE...25S135W 20S147W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 35NM OF LINE
25S137W 24S142W 20S147W HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 10KT AND INTENSIFIED
IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 35NM OF LINE 20S176W 18S177W HAVE MOVED EAST AT
15KT AND WEAKENED IN THE PAST 6 HOURS. SCATTERED CB WITHIN 50NM OF
LINE 06S177W 10S178W HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 10KT AND INTENSIFIED IN
THE PAST 12 HOURS.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.