

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:51:37 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1RLpZgn035336	for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:51:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1RJsaGr093036; Fri,
27 Feb 2004 15:47:01 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1256623 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:46:54 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1RLkrD1091614
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:46:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i1RLkqnN023229
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
27 Feb 2004 15:46:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i1RLkqxI023228 for [email-masked]; Fri,
27 Feb 2004 15:46:52 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:46:52 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 272146
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 27 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...SCATTERED EMBEDDED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF THE LINE FROM 18N161W
TO 27N155W AND ISOLATED EMBEDDED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF THE LINE FROM
27N155W TO 30N154W MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 20 KT...INCREASED IN
AREA...AND INTENSIFIED. SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED
BY 40N158W 30N163W 16N163W 28N150W 40N143W AND FURTHER NORTH MOVED
EAST SOUTHEAST AT 20 KT. SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE
FROM 16N180 TO 16N169W TO 20N163W MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 30 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 07N146W TO
05N140W AND FURTHER EAST. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE
POINT 08N150W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM
06N155W TO 07N153W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT
06N166W.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...ISOLATED CB AND SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED
BY 30S131W 12S154W 30S142W AND FURTHER SOUTH MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT
15 KT. THE CB HAVE DECREASED IN AREA AND CHANGED LITTLE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 06S162W 14S164W 12S172W 16S176W
11S180 07S179W REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND CHANGED LITTLE IN AREA
OR INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 12S137W 14S128W 19S122W 23S129W
20S141W MOVED NORTHWEST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA...AND CHANGED
LITTLE IN INTENSITY.

$$
RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.