

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 29 Feb 2004 06:00:12 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1SM0Agn007459	for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 29 Feb 2004 06:00:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1SKP4EP088392; Sat,
28 Feb 2004 15:56:38 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1269219 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:56:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1SLuYD1070432
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:56:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i1SLuXnN008730
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
28 Feb 2004 15:56:34 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i1SLuXtv008729 for [email-masked]; Sat,
28 Feb 2004 15:56:33 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:56:33 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 282155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 28 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE LOW/FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 22N155W 21N151W
15N151W 14N156W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 23N160W
22N157W 18N159W 19N162W 21N162W HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND
CROSS THE DATELINE...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N178E 30N173W 26N180 24N169E
25N169E.  FEATURE HAS MOVED EAST TO SOUTHEAST AT 15 TO 20 KT.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 12N150W 09N140W 07N141W 08N152W
10N154W 06N165W 08N165W 12N157W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 TO 10 KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE LOW/FRONT.  FOR MORE
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE LOW/FRONT AND FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 05S172W 06S158W 08S156W 10S158W
09S163W 10S169W 09S175W 05S175W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 TO 10 KT AND
HAVE INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 11S153W 17S151W
25S145W 25S152W 22S155W 20S154W 20S152W 12S156W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 13S141W 15S129W 20S129W 23S133W 22S137W
19S142W 15S142W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 8 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE
AND BOUNDED BY 05S179E 06S178W 09S178W 09S179E HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10
KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED
CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 12S176W 16S178W HAVE MOVED NORTHWEST AT
10 KT IN 12 HOURS AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.