

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:50:59 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2D9p7Ee042084	for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:51:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2CKavWP072760; Sat,
13 Mar 2004 03:47:20 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1517320 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 13 Mar 2004 03:47:20 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2D9lJD1054050
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 13 Mar 2004 03:47:19 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2D9lJ9Z004093
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
13 Mar 2004 03:47:19 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2D9lJtH004092 for [email-masked]; Sat,
13 Mar 2004 03:47:19 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 03:47:19 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 130947
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 13 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0800 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 11N161E
05N156E 05N162E 11N161E.

FRONT/SHEARLINE...THAT EXTENDS NORTH OF 30N...THROUGH 30N153W
27N155W 22N167W HAS NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE
THROUGH 30N153W 26N154W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW AND MID CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...FRONT/SHEARLINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LOW...NEAR 14S128W...HAS ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
05S126W 06S121W 08S121W 08S126W 05S126W THAT HAVE MOVED WEST 10-15
KT AND WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.

TROUGH...THAT EXTENDS SOUTH OF 25S...THROUGH 25S150W 16S160W...HAS
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 70 NM OF LINE THROUGH 20S159W 19S155W THAT HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND CHANGED LITTLE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

FRONT...THAT EXTENDS SOUTH OF 25S...THROUGH 25S167W 20S180 HAS
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 45 NM OF FRONT.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF 180...WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
06S176E 08S176W 15S176E 06S176E HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND
DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.