

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 05 Mar 2004 03:44:46 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i24JijOm045076	for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 05 Mar 2004 03:44:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i243xhZd016728; Thu,
04 Mar 2004 13:40:26 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1374248 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 04 Mar 2004 13:40:25 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i24JeOD1078590
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 04 Mar 2004 13:40:24 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i24JeN9Z012431
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
04 Mar 2004 13:40:23 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i24JeNBI012429 for [email-masked]; Thu,
04 Mar 2004 13:40:23 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 13:40:23 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIIIII, Probability=19%,
Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

WTIO22 FMEE 041756
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 04/03/2004 AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 011/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  04/03/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL CYCLONE 9 (GAFILO) 970 HPA
POSITION:           13.1S / 58.0E
(THIRTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 9 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE WESTERN AND NORTHEASTERN SEMI
-CIRCLES.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 /60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30NM RADIUS FROM
THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE,
AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/05 AT 06 UTC:
13.5S / 56.4E, MAX WIND = 70 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/05 AT 18 UTC:
14.2S / 54.7E, MAX WIND = 80 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
GAFILO IS TRACKING WESTSOUTHWESTWARD INTENSIFYING.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.