

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:48:36 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i279mdEe064366	for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:48:40 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2760QGT075728; Sun,
07 Mar 2004 03:45:54 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1416544 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 07 Mar 2004 03:45:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i279jrD1025000
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 07 Mar 2004 03:45:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i279jq9Z008287
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
07 Mar 2004 03:45:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i279jqe2008286 for [email-masked]; Sun,
07 Mar 2004 03:45:52 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 03:45:52 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 070945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 07 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...07N140W 03N170W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W. NEW ISOLATED CB
HAVE FORMED WITHIN 10NM OF LINES 05N148W 05N151W AND 05N168W
04N170W. SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN
90NM OF ITCZ EAST OF 152W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 20KT AND INCREASED IN
AREA. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 90NM OF ITCZ
WEST OF 152W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 20KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

FRONT...30N164W 27N170W 27N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST
OF 180. OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 45NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED EAST
SOUTHEAST AT 25KT AND WEAKENED.

LOW ALOFT...11N178W. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 20NM OF LINE
11N175W 12N176W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...26S120W 25S131W 27S145W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 120W. NEW
ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 24S120W 28S118E. SHOWERY
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED NORTH
AT 8KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

LOW/TROUGH...LOW 23S175W WITH TROUGH FROM LOW TO 18S177W 16S180.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 110NM OF LINE 23S169W 17S172W 13S178W HAVE MOVED
NORTHEAST SLOWLY AND INCREASED IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...LOW/TROUGH.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED...LOCALLY WIDELY SCATTERED...CB WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 09S178W
07S180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180 HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST SLOWLY...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN AREA IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.