

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 20 Mar 2004 06:18:10 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id i2JMILDO040999	for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 20 Mar 2004 06:18:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2JLUVF9031128; Fri,
19 Mar 2004 16:11:46 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1617965 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:11:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2JMBjD1012700
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:11:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2JMBj9Z011908
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
19 Mar 2004 16:11:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2JMBikm011906 for [email-masked]; Fri,
19 Mar 2004 16:11:44 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:11:44 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000, __HAS_MSGID 0,
__SANE_MSGID 0, __TO_MALFORMED_2 0, __UPPERCASE_75_100 0'

ACPA40 PHFO 192211
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 19 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...03N140W 01N148W 06N162W 05N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W AND
WEST OF 180. SCATTERED TCU WITHIN 60NM OF ITCZ EAST OF 147W HAVE
MOVED WEST AT 15KT AND INTENSIFIED. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED
WITHIN 70NM OF LINE 04N153W 06N164W 05N175W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 70NM
OF ITCZ WEST OF 175W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE
CHANGE.

LOW/FRONT...LOW 29N154W FRONT 22N150W 25N148W 30N148W AND EXTENDING
NORTHWEST. ISOLATED CB AND OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 140NM EAST
OF FRONT HAVE REMAINED STATIONARY AND INTENSIFIED.

TROUGH...20N180 30N177W. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 15NM OF
LINE 19N173W 19N176W AND WITHIN 50NM OF LINE 24N176W 29N177W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...TROUGH.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...TROUGH WEST OF DATELINE 25S170E 20S160E AND EXTENDING SOUTH
OF 25S AND WEST OF 160E. AREA OF ISOLATED CB AND BROKEN LAYERED
CLOUDS EXTENDING ACROSS DATELINE BOUNDED BY 17S175E 21S178W 27S174W
28S178W 24S180 22S170E 17S175E HAS MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 15KT...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN SIZE.

TROUGH ALOFT...24S163W 10S168W. AREA OF ISOLATED CB...WIDELY
SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN MIDDLE AND HIGH CLOUDS BOUNDED BY 06S165W
08S151W 12S152W 20S160W 13S165W 06S165W HAS MOVED NORTHWEST AT
15KT...WEAKENED AND INCREASED IN SIZE

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.