

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 11 Jan 2004 05:39:24 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0ALexhn033508	for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Jan 2004 05:41:00 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0A28cP3102860; Sat,
10 Jan 2004 15:36:39 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 509436 for [email-masked]; Sat,
10 Jan 2004 15:36:38 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0ALacD1036202
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:36:38 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i0ALa5nN024285
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
10 Jan 2004 15:36:05 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i0ALa5ie024284 for [email-masked]; Sat,
10 Jan 2004 15:36:05 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:36:05 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 102136
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 10 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2200 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...08N140W 10N143W 05N151W 06N158W 06N165W 08N169W AND EXTENDING
EAST OF 140W. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 50NM OF ITCZ WEST
OF 164W. ISOLATED TCU AND SHOWERY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN
120NM OF ITCZ.

FRONT 1...26N140W 23N150W 23N155W 24N168W 23N171W AND EXTENDING EAST
OF 140W. ISOLATED CB AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 40NM OF FRONT
EAST OF 142W...ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN
35NM OF FRONT BETWEEN 142W AND 160W AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW
CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM OF FRONT WEST OF 160W.

FRONT 2...30N166W 23N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N. WIDELY
SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 90NM OF FRONT
NORTHEAST OF 27N172W. ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS
WITHIN 50NM OF FRONT SOUTHWEST OF 267N172W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. SEE OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...FRONT 1. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT 1 AND FRONT 2.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
LOW/FRONT/CONVERGENCE ZONE...LOW 24S137W WITH FRONT 25S135W 23S134W
20S135W 17S138W EXTENDING SOUTH OF 25S AND CONTINUING AS CONVERGENCE
ZONE 14S143W 18S154W 11S160W 08S170W 06S180. OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS
WITHIN 120NM OF FRONT SOUTH OF 20S. WIDELY SCATTERED CB AND BROKEN
TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 120NM OF FRONT NORTHWEST OF
20S135W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.