

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:04:10 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0EA5mYH081350	for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:05:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0CNa02v021886; Wed,
14 Jan 2004 03:59:34 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 550334 for [email-masked]; Wed,
14 Jan 2004 03:59:33 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0E9xXD1080106
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 14 Jan 2004 03:59:33 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i0E9wtnN004837
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
14 Jan 2004 03:58:55 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i0E9wtJx004836 for [email-masked]; Wed,
14 Jan 2004 03:58:55 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 03:58:55 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 140959
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 14 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS
AND ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...BOUNDED BY 30N157W
22N167W 30N173W 30N157W HAVE INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSITY. FRONT
MOVING EAST AT 40 TO 45 KT BETWEEN 25N AND 30N...AND SLOWS TO EAST
TO SOUTHEAST 20 TO 25 KT ALONG 20N.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 10N173W 07N169W 01N178W 10N173W
HAVE MOVED WEST 10-15 KT AND DECREASED IN BOTH AREA AND INTENSITY
OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN 75 NM OF
LINE 07N153W 04N157W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE
DATELINE...WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 03S171E 04S174W 11S177W 12S165E
03S171E HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST 5-10 KT AND HAVE DECREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...2...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08S159W 09S140W
12S135W 14S137W 11S148W 12S158W 08S159W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY
STATIONARY AND HAVE DECREASED IN BOTH AREA AND INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH/FRONT...WIDELY SCATTERED CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND SOUTH
OF 25S...ARE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 16S135W 18S126W 25S123W 25S131W
20S140W 16S135W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN
AREA AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.