

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:54:16 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0RCsCxr043075	for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:54:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0R62BL7077220; Tue,
27 Jan 2004 06:49:49 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 755922 for [email-masked]; Tue,
27 Jan 2004 06:49:48 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0RCnlD1052126
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:49:47 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i0RCmnnN029652
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
27 Jan 2004 06:48:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i0RCmnmb029650 for [email-masked]; Tue,
27 Jan 2004 06:48:49 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:48:49 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIIIII, Probability=19%,
Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

WTIO24 FMEE 271200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 27/01/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 006/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   27/01/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 6 (ELITA) 994 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.7S / 43.5E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          NORTH 5 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP
TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN20 NM
RADIUS THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 50 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
VERY STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/28 AT 00 UTC:
16.1S / 43.4E, MAX WIND = 35 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/28 AT 12 UTC:
16.7S / 43.1E, MAX WIND = 35 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY IS VERY IMPORTANT BUT REMAINS RATHER POORLY ORGANISED
. LOCATION OF THE CENTRE IS BADLY DEFINED UNDER DEEP CONVECTION.
IT IS TRCKING NORTHWARD AT 5KT, AND SHOULD U-TURN SOUTHWARD DURING THE
NEXT 24 HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.