

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 19 Jan 2004 06:04:53 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0IM4mbx035403	for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 19 Jan 2004 06:04:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0ICRDMl065550; Sun,
18 Jan 2004 15:52:40 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 603969 for [email-masked]; Sun,
18 Jan 2004 15:52:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0ILqdD1075186
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:52:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i0ILptnN016455
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
18 Jan 2004 15:51:55 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i0ILpsjq016454 for [email-masked]; Sun,
18 Jan 2004 15:51:54 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:51:54 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 182152
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 18 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...

ITCZ...03N150W 02N163W 04N173W 04N175W. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED
WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 04N151W 03N155W AND WITHIN 90NM OF LINE 06N171W
04N175W.

FRONT...30N157W 27N158W 17N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST
OF DATELINE. WIDELY SCATTERED CB AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN
90NM OF FRONT EAST OF 158W...WIDELY SCATTERED TCU WITHIN 90NM OF
FRONT WEST OF 24N HAVE MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 15 KT WITH LITTLE
CHANGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. SEE OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/TROUGH 1...FRONT 24S120W 20S129W EXTENDING EAST OF 120W AND
CONTINUING AS TROUGH 14S135W 10S145W 07S156W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN
60NM OF FRONT EAST OF 132W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY WITH
LITTLE CHANGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60NM OF TROUGH WEST OF 142W HAVE
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA. BROKEN LAYERED
CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120NM OF FRONT/TROUGH.

SURFACE TROUGH 2...20S157W 25S157W AND EXTENDING SOUTH OF 25S. NEW
WIDELY SCATTERED TCU HAVE FORMED WITHIN 100NM EAST OF TROUGH.

SURFACE TROUGH 3...20S175W 17S170W 15S180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100NM OF LINE 21S167W 14S169W 12S180 HAVE MOVED
SOUTHEAST AT 10KT AND INCREASED IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SOUTH PACIFIC OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE TROUGH
3...FOR CONVECTION NEAR SAMOA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.