

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:00:50 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0GA0jdw082564	for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:00:46 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0FIJFYn010674; Fri,
16 Jan 2004 03:55:51 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 576082 for [email-masked]; Fri,
16 Jan 2004 03:55:51 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0G9toD1098458
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:55:50 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i0G9tAnN027202
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
16 Jan 2004 03:55:10 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i0G9tAMx027201 for [email-masked]; Fri,
16 Jan 2004 03:55:10 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:55:10 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 160955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 16 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT 1...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...MAINLY...LOW AND HIGH CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND EAST
OF 140W...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N140W 27N140W 21N153W 22N154W 28N144W.
FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 15 KT ALONG 30N...NEARLY STATIONARY SOUTH OF
24N.

FRONT 2...BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND
WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N173W 29N170W 26N172W 24N180
27N180 28N175W.  FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 30 KT ALONG 30N AND BECOMING
NEARLY STATIONARY SOUTH OF 25N.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT 2.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH 1...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 05S177E 07S171W 06S168W 07S161W 10S160W 09S164W 14S171W
11S173W 10S179W 13S177E 10S175E HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH 2...ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED CB/TCU BOUNDED
BY 10S144W 11S138W 14S134W 17S135W 14S141W 12S144W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 20S131W 22S128W 22S126W HAVE
MOVED NORTHEAST AT 5 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH 1...FOR
CONVECTION MAINLY NORTH OF SAMOA.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.