

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 01 Jan 2004 06:01:08 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id hBVM2YLv075104	for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 01 Jan 2004 06:02:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id hBTJAvvj098454; Wed,
31 Dec 2003 15:55:43 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 396109 for [email-masked]; Wed,
31 Dec 2003 15:55:43 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id hBVLtgD1059190
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:55:43 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id hBVLtOnN012168
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
31 Dec 2003 15:55:24 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          hBVLtOB8012167 for [email-masked]; Wed,
31 Dec 2003 15:55:24 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:55:24 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 312155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC DECEMBER 31 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 22N153W 19N151W 15N161W
21N160W HAVE MOVED NORTH AND EAST AT 5 TO 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 08N157W 07N154W 07N150W
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH.  FOR DETAILS...SEE
THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH
WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
ISOLATED TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 29N176W 28N176W 26N178W HAVE MOVED
EAST AT 8 KT IN 9 HOURS AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 12S176W WITH OCCASIONAL TO FREQUENT CB/TCU
BOUNDED BY 04S179W 05S170W 10S169W 13S172W 12S179W 07S180 HAS BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 05S165W 10S164W
10S167W 06S168W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 10S161W
12S152W 17S150W 18S156W 14S161W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 TO 10 KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...2...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 20S127W 25S123W 25S127W 22S131W 20S130W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES FOR MAJOR CONVECTION OCCURRING
NORTH AND NORTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.