

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:50:13 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id i2I9oOVn004249	for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:50:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2I78YEj031712; Thu,
18 Mar 2004 03:44:57 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1594491 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 18 Mar 2004 03:44:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2I9iuD1045688
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 18 Mar 2004 03:44:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2I9iu9Z026999
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
18 Mar 2004 03:44:56 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2I9iuax026998 for [email-masked]; Thu,
18 Mar 2004 03:44:56 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 03:44:56 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000, __HAS_MSGID 0,
__SANE_MSGID 0, __TO_MALFORMED_2 0, __UPPERCASE_75_100 0'

ACPA40 PHFO 180944
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 18 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE/UPPER LOW...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE
WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 30N148W 27N148W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.
ALSO...NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH
29N153W 26N156W.

COLD FRONT...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE
DATELINE...ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N175W 20N178W 20N180 30N180
30N175W...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 15 KT...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSIFIED.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 14OW...ARE WITHIN 120 NM OF
A LINE THROUGH 03N140W 08N156W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LOW...WIDELY SCATTERED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...ARE IN
AREA SOUTH OF 21S BETWEEN 122W AND 128W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSIFIED.

SURFACE TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE...WIDELY SCATTERED CB...THAT EXTEND
SOUTH OF 25S...ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 12S148W 20S157W 25S156W
25S161W 13S174W 12S148W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SURFACE TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.