

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 08 Jan 2004 06:39:28 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i07Mf0sS013450	for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 08 Jan 2004 06:41:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0746ePR039902; Wed,
07 Jan 2004 16:29:57 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 471675 for [email-masked]; Wed,
07 Jan 2004 16:29:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i07MTuD1091446
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:29:56 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i07MTSnN019780
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
07 Jan 2004 16:29:28 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i07MTSrj019779 for [email-masked]; Wed,
07 Jan 2004 16:29:28 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:29:28 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 072229
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 07 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE WITHIN 60 NM
OF LINE 30N144W 26N151W AND HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST 15 KT WHILE
INCREASING IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ALSO BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW
CLOUDS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 26N151W
24N160W 26N170W 30N177W HAVE MOVED GENERALLY EAST 10 KT WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

ITCZ...NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 06N158W
07N151W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF 180...WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
12N178W 05N174W EQ180 05N176E 12N178W...HAVE MOVED WEST 10 KT WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
MONSOON TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE...OCCASIONAL TO FREQUENT CB...THAT
EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 01S173E
EQ170W 10S160E 17S157E 13S170E 13S180 10S173E 04S168E 01S173E AND
HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

FRONT/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...ARE WITHIN
AREA BOUNDED BY 16S146W 19S130W 25S122W 25S135W 20S138W 20S148E
16S146W...HAVE MOVED EAST 10 KT AND INCREASED IN BOTH COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE CONVERGENCE ZONE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.