

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:49:19 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2C2nOmC099602	for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:49:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2C0huE9057664; Thu,
11 Mar 2004 20:42:19 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1500211 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:42:15 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2C2gED1054706
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:42:14 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2C2gE9Z005678
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
11 Mar 2004 20:42:14 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2C2gEll005676 for [email-masked]; Thu,
11 Mar 2004 20:42:14 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:42:14 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIII, Probability=17%, Report='UPPERCASE_50_75 1.152,
LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

WTIO20 FMEE 120018
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 12/03/2004 AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 006/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    12/03/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10 (HELMA EX-NICKY) 976 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.6S / 87.1E
(NINETEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 7 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/12 AT 12 UTC:
21.0S / 86.3E, MAX WIND = 55 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/13 AT 00 UTC:
22.4S / 85.6E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE SYSTEM SHOULD WEAKEN AS IT TRACKS POLEWARD (COOLER SST AND

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.