

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:10:03 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i257A5qW060977	for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:10:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2561ODj055892; Fri,
05 Mar 2004 01:06:30 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1386433 for
[email-masked]; Fri, 05 Mar 2004 01:06:29 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2576SD1020130
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 05 Mar 2004 01:06:28 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2576R9Z026742
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
05 Mar 2004 01:06:27 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2576Ru6026738 for [email-masked]; Fri,
05 Mar 2004 01:06:27 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 01:06:27 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion
05/03/2004 At
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIII, Probability=17%, Report='UPPERCASE_50_75 1.152,
LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

WTIO22 FMEE 050612
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 05/03/2004 AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 013/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    05/03/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL CYCLONE 9 ( GAFILO) 965 HPA
POSITION:           13.4S / 56.7E
(THIRTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 6 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 /60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 110 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE,
AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/05 AT 18 UTC:
13.7S / 55.8E, MAX WIND = 75 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/06 AT 06 UTC:
14.2S / 54.6E, MAX WIND = 90 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
POTENTIAL FOR INTENSIFICATION REMAINS GOOD..

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.