

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 03 Jan 2004 13:46:17 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i035lkr0035890	for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 03 Jan 2004 13:47:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i014Shu3080650; Fri,
02 Jan 2004 23:37:18 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 414747 for [email-masked]; Fri,
02 Jan 2004 23:37:17 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i035bHD1060046
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:37:17 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i035atnN011522
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
02 Jan 2004 23:36:55 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i035atTJ011521 for [email-masked]; Fri,
02 Jan 2004 23:36:55 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:36:55 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIIIII, Probability=19%,
Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

WTIO22 FMEE 030000
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 03/01/2004 AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 020/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  03/01/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 4 (DARIUS) 985 HPA
POSITION:           21.3S / 58.0E
(TWENTY ONE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES  EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH 9 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP TO
200 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE., EXTENDING UP
TO 30
NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/03 AT 12 UTC:
23.4S / 58.0E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/04 AT 00 UTC:
26.1S / 58.3E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DARIUS IS NOW TRACKING AWAY FROM MAURITIUS ISLAND. TRACK REMAINS
GANERALLY SOUTHWARDS. AS DARIUS KEEPS ON TRACKING POLEWARD, CONDITIONS
BECOME UNFAVORABLE, AND THE SYSTEM WILL QUICKLY LOOSE INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.