

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:51:28 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i139pJW0031287	for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:51:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1360QH9013936; Tue,
03 Feb 2004 03:46:40 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 887566 for [email-masked]; Tue,
03 Feb 2004 03:46:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i139kdD1019564
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:46:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i139jVnN011264
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
03 Feb 2004 03:45:31 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i139jVHH011261 for [email-masked]; Tue,
03 Feb 2004 03:45:31 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:45:31 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 030945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 03 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 05N176W 05N179W HAVE MOVED
WEST 10 KT...DECREASED IN AREA...AND WEAKENED.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED CB...THAT
CROSS 180 AND CONTINUE NORTH OF 30N...WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 30N174W
25N160E HAVE MOVED EAST SLOWLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...WHICH CONTINUE EAST OF 140W...WITHIN 90
NM OF LINE 13N141W 08N141W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE
CHANGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...THAT CONTINUE SOUTH OF
25S...WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 11S159W 18S158W 25S155W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

CONVERGENCE ZONE...WIDELY SCATTERED CB...THAT CROSS 180...WITHIN
AREA BOUNDED BY 03S175E 05S177W 08S173W 12S177W 08S172E 03S175E HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 06S169W HAVE MOVED WEST SOUTHWEST
15 KT AND INTENSIFIED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OVER THE LAST 18
HOURS. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 15S179W.

$$

WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.