

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:58:27 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0R6wMxr021755	for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:58:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0R62BF9077220; Tue,
27 Jan 2004 00:49:55 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 753125 for [email-masked]; Tue,
27 Jan 2004 00:49:55 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0R6nsD1042946
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:49:54 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i0R6munN024048
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
27 Jan 2004 00:48:56 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i0R6mupX024046 for [email-masked]; Tue,
27 Jan 2004 00:48:56 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:48:56 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion
27/01/2004 At
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIII, Probability=17%, Report='UPPERCASE_50_75 1.152,
LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

WTIO24 FMEE 270600
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 27/01/2004 AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 005/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   27/01/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 6 (ELITA) 994 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.8S / 43.4E
(SEVENTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE DECIMAL FOUR
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          NORTH 2 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP
TO 220 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN30 NM
RADIUS THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
VERY STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/27 AT 18 UTC:
17.5S / 43.3E, MAX WIND = 35 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/28 AT 06 UTC:
17.4S / 43.0E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY IS VERY IMPORTANT BUT REMAINS RATHER POORLY ORGANISED
. LOCATION OF THE CENTRE IS BADLY DEFINED UNDER DEEP CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.