

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:51:23 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0K9pGZa095955	for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:51:17 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0K60uHB026206; Tue,
20 Jan 2004 03:45:35 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 643514 for [email-masked]; Tue,
20 Jan 2004 03:45:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0K9jYD1094684
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 20 Jan 2004 03:45:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i0K9ilnN010012
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
20 Jan 2004 03:44:47 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i0K9ilH7010011 for [email-masked]; Tue,
20 Jan 2004 03:44:47 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 03:44:47 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 200945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 20 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...

ITCZ...03N140W 02N152W 06N156W 03N170W. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED
WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 02N151W 02N153W. AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY
06N166W 02N165W 02N166W 04N168W 06N166W HAS MOVED WEST AT 30KT AND
WEAKENED IN THE PAST 12 HOURS. ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN LOW CLOUDS
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120NM OF ITCZ EAST OF 160W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST
LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150NM OF ITCZ WEST OF 160W.

FRONT 1...30N142W 27N145W 26N155W 22N163W 16N180 AND EXTENDING
NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF DATELINE. BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN
90NM OF FRONT EAST OF 162W HAVE MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 10KT WITH
LITTLE CHANGE. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM OF FRONT
WEST OF 162W HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST SLOWLY AND INTENSIFIED.

FRONT 2...30N158W 26N165W 22N173W 21N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N
AND WEST OF DATELINE. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST
LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM OF FRONT EAST OF 165W HAVE MOVED
EAST SOUTHEAST AT 30KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW
CLOUDS WITHIN 120NM NORTHWEST OF FRONT WEST OF 165W HAVE MOVED
SOUTHEAST AT 20KT AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. SEE OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONTS 1 AND 2 ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONTS 1 AND 2 ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...
SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH 1...18S136W 12S141W 10S152W 05S165W. AREA OF ISOLATED CB
BOUNDED BY 10S141W 18S137W 13W142W 09S155W 10S141W HAS MOVED WEST
NORTHWEST AT 20KT AND INTENSIFIED.

FRONT...25S164W 22S165W AND EXTENDING SOUTH OF 25S. OVERCAST LAYERED
CLOUDS WITHIN 60NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED SOUTH SOUTHEAST AT 20KT WITH
LITTLE CHANGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.