

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 19 Mar 2004 06:11:50 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id i2IMBxaB021075	for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 19 Mar 2004 06:12:00 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2IFHEPZ055506; Thu,
18 Mar 2004 16:01:17 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1603986 for
[email-masked]; Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:01:00 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2IM0xD1077100
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:01:00 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2IM0x9Z016468
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
18 Mar 2004 16:00:59 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2IM0xI4016467 for [email-masked]; Thu,
18 Mar 2004 16:00:59 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:00:59 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000, __HAS_MSGID 0,
__SANE_MSGID 0, __TO_MALFORMED_2 0, __UPPERCASE_75_100 0'

ACPA40 PHFO 182200
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 18 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE/UPPER LOW...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH
30N148W 27N148W 23N149W 20N151W EXTENDS NORTH OF 30N...HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN SIZE AND INTENSITY.
NEW ISOLATED CB/TCU HAVE FORMED WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N151W
28N153W 28N158W 30N158W WHICH EXTENDS NORTH OF 30N.

COLD FRONT...ISOLATED EMBEDDED CB IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N174W 20N176W
20N180 30N180 30N174W EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE...HAVE MOVED EAST
AT 15 KT...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSIFIED.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 04N144W
06N152W...THEN THROUGH 07N162W 05N175W 06N179W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN SIZE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LOW...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 18S128W 22S120W 25S120W 25S127W
18S128W EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND EAST OF 120W...WERE NEARLY
STATIONARY...AND INCREASED IN SIZE AND INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE
11S172W 22S159W WAS NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN SIZE AND
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SURFACE TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
WIDELY SCATTERED CB BOUNDED BY 07S160W 10S150W 12S149W 15S158W
07S160W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN SIZE OR
INTENSITY.

$$

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.