

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:31:48 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i02CXCLv005914	for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:33:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i014ShZF080650; Fri,
02 Jan 2004 06:27:35 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 407364 for [email-masked]; Fri,
02 Jan 2004 06:27:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i02CRYD1091598
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 02 Jan 2004 06:27:34 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i02CREnN000533
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
02 Jan 2004 06:27:14 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i02CREgo000531 for [email-masked]; Fri,
02 Jan 2004 06:27:14 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 06:27:14 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIIIII, Probability=19%,
Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

WTIO22 FMEE 021200
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 02/01/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 018/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    02/01/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 4 (DARIUS) 984 HPA
POSITION:           19.8S / 58.2E
(NINETEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 7 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP TO
150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO
300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE., AND EXTENDING UP
TO 30 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM OF THE CENTRE
IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/03 AT 00 UTC:
21.0S / 58.2E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/03 AT 12 UTC:
22.6S / 57.8E, MAX WIND = 45 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DARIUS GOES ON GENERALY SOUTHWARDS.
THE ASSOCIATED CONVECTION ALWAYS FLUCTUATING HAS SHOWED TEMPORARY TO BE
MORE ORGANIZED,  WITH A RAGGED EYE VIVIBLE ONLY ON THE VISIBLE IMAGERY,
BUT WITHIN A  CONVECTION NOT VERY DEEP.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.