

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:52:02 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2F9q5gq075836	for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:52:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2EHr1Yb059290; Mon,
15 Mar 2004 03:45:43 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1537729 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 15 Mar 2004 03:45:42 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2F9jfD1048734
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 15 Mar 2004 03:45:42 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2F9jf9Z000087
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
15 Mar 2004 03:45:41 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2F9jfjn000086 for [email-masked]; Mon,
15 Mar 2004 03:45:41 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 03:45:41 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 150945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 15 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...06N140W 05N150W 08N160W 05N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W AND
WEST OF 180. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS AND SCATTERED
TO BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 150NM OF ITCZ HAVE REMAINED NEARLY
STATIONARY AND WEAKENED.

FRONT/SHEAR LINE...FRONT 30N143W 23N148W EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND
CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE 18N160W 21N175W 19N180. BROKEN TO OVERCAST
LAYERED CLOUDS...SCATTERED TCU AND ISOLATED CB WITHIN 80NM OF
FRONT/SHEARLINE EAST OF 157W HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 5KT AND
INTENSIFIED. ISOLATED TCU AND SHOWERY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 90NM
OF SHEARLINE WEST OF 157W HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 5KT AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT/SHEARLINE ABOVE. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH 1...25S162W 22S165W. AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 22S164W
22S155W 25S152W 26S162W 24S168W 22S164W HAS MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 15KT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

TROUGH 2...08S178W 04S179W. WIDELY SCATTERED CB BOUNDED BY 05S177W
06S173W 09S177W 07S179W 05S177W AND ISOLATED CB WITHIN 35NM OF LINE
12S173W 12S178W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED IN THE
PAST 12 HOURS.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB AND WIDELY SCATTERED TCU WITHIN 75NM OF LINE 16S136W
15S144W 12S153W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 25KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN THE
PAST 12 HOURS.

$$

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.