

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 10 Feb 2004 03:41:42 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i19Jfa5n014988	for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 10 Feb 2004 03:41:37 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i19GH2nd087718; Mon,
09 Feb 2004 13:34:05 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 995246 for [email-masked]; Mon,
09 Feb 2004 13:33:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i19JXGD1048210
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:33:17 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i19JXGnN024844
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
09 Feb 2004 13:33:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i19JXGKG024842 for [email-masked]; Mon,
09 Feb 2004 13:33:16 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:33:16 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-SW:    A. Tropical Cyclone Summary: None.
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIIIII, Probability=19%,
Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 092000
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 5.0N3 153.0E9,
APPROXIMATELY 250 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF POHNPEI. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION OVER A WEAK LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EMBEDDED WITHIN MONSOON TROUGH. UPPER LEVEL
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE AREA IS IN THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT OF THE SUB-
TROPICAL RIDGE WITH GOOD DIVERGENCE AND MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 9.3S2 153.9E8,
APPROXIMATELY 400 NM EAST OF PORT MORESBY, PAPUA NEW GUINEA. ANIMATED
MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY INDICATES A POSSIBLE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH AN AREA OF CYCLING CONVECTION. UPPER LEVEL
ANALYIS REVEALS FAVORABLE DIFFLUENCE BUT MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED POOR INVEST AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1).
4. RELEASED BY CAPT LEEJOICE, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/ARENDS/KELSEY/RUIZ//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.