

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Wed, 04 Feb 2004 23:43:18 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i14FhDIi062872	for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 04 Feb 2004 23:43:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i146kAJZ016644; Wed,
04 Feb 2004 09:36:37 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 909279 for [email-masked]; Wed,
04 Feb 2004 09:36:36 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i14FaZD1102850
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:36:35 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i14FaZnN018239
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
04 Feb 2004 09:36:35 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i14FaZEm018237 for [email-masked]; Wed,
04 Feb 2004 09:36:35 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:36:35 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIIIII, Probability=19%,
Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

WTIO24 FMEE 041200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 04/02/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 032/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 04/02/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 6 (ELITA) 988 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.0S / 49.2E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FORTY NINE DECIMAL TWO
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS AROUND THE
CENTRE, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS UP TO 200 NM
FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, AND LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS
35/40KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS FAR FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR
(BETWEEN 70 AND 150
NM FROM THE CENTRE).
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/05 AT 00 UTC:
25.6S / 50.0E, MAX WIND = 35 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/05 AT 12 UTC:
27.5S / 50.5E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE SYSTEM IS BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL WITH STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTH DUE
TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH MOVING EASTWARD.
CENTRE HAS BEEN RELOCATED ACCORDING TO SATELLITE ANIMATION (SEVERAL WEAK
LOWS HAS BEEN DETECTED DURING LAST HOURS).

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.