

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:04:51 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i08A6NMQ022659	for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:06:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i07Hq0YZ049698; Thu,
08 Jan 2004 03:55:29 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 475707 for [email-masked]; Thu,
08 Jan 2004 03:55:29 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i089tSD1099396
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:55:28 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i089sxnN028102
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
08 Jan 2004 03:54:59 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i089sxeA028101 for [email-masked]; Thu,
08 Jan 2004 03:54:59 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:54:59 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 080955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 08 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS
AND ISOLATED TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE DATELINE
..ARE BOUNDED BY 30N171W 30N164W 24N176W 22N180 25N180 28N172W.
FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 30 KT NEAR 30N...AND MOVING EAST AT 10 KT
NEAR 25N.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 07N153W 06N149W 05N142W
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND EQUATOR AND BOUNDED BY
12N180 02S178W 02S180 03N180 07N176E 12N179E HAVE MOVED WEST AT 5 TO
10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY EQ163E 05S178E 06S167W 10S155W 14S152W 17S157W 14S168W
12S176E 05S162E 04S163E 03S155E EQ156E HAVE MOVED SOUTH AND EAST AT
5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...2...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 11S149W 16S138W
19S137W 21S143W 17S148W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 15 KT...INCREASED IN
AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND EQUATOR AND BOUNDED BY
12N180 02S178W 02S180 03N180 07N176E 12N179E HAVE MOVED WEST AT 5 TO
10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.