

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 06 Jan 2004 06:00:06 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i05M1MMQ090144	for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 06 Jan 2004 06:01:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0400d69080650; Mon,
05 Jan 2004 15:55:42 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 442194 for [email-masked]; Mon,
05 Jan 2004 15:55:42 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i05LtfD1038658
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 05 Jan 2004 15:55:41 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i05LtFnN026766
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
05 Jan 2004 15:55:15 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i05LtFnK026765 for [email-masked]; Mon,
05 Jan 2004 15:55:15 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 15:55:15 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 052155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 05 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE FRONT...1...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TCU...THAT
EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND NORTH OF 30N...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N142W
30N140W 25N140W 19N151W 25N147W.  FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 10 KT.

SURFACE FRONT...2...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TCU...THAT
EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE AND NORTH OF 30N...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N180
30N168W 27N180.  FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 15 KT.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 09N176W 01N173W 02N177W 05N180
08N180 HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT AND WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
AREA.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE FRONT...2.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE HETA NEAR 16.7S 172.2W AT 1800 UTC HAS OCCASIONAL
TO FREQUENT CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 14S174W 18S171W...SEE LATEST
BULLETINS FROM RSMC NADI AND THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER FOR
DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE EQUATOR AND
DATELINE...AND BOUNDED BY 03N165E 02S180 05S177W 06S175E 05S171E
09S163E 03S158E HAVE MOVED EAST AT 12 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE
AND BOUNDED BY 06S177E 09S170W 11S169W 10S176W 15S179W 11S178E
09S179W 07S179E HAVE MOVED SOUTH AND EAST AT 5 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

CZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 04S173W 06S164W
19S162W 20S168W 11S168W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...2...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 19S156W 22S145W 25S145W 25S148W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT
..DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
EAST OF 120W...AND BOUNDED BY 21S127W 23S120W 25S120W 25S124W HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES AND CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.