

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:09:25 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id i2RA9JwL073218	for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:09:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2R1knL3043326; Sat,
27 Mar 2004 04:02:40 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1716875 for
[email-masked]; Sat, 27 Mar 2004 04:02:40 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2RA2cD1018540
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 27 Mar 2004 04:02:39 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2RA2c9Z006720
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
27 Mar 2004 04:02:38 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2RA2cmG006719 for [email-masked]; Sat,
27 Mar 2004 04:02:38 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 04:02:38 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000, __HAS_MSGID 0,
__SANE_MSGID 0, __TO_MALFORMED_2 0, __UPPERCASE_75_100 0'

ACPA40 PHFO 271001
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 27 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0825 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
08N175E 07N179W 03N178W 03N180 06N176E HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...
DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 07N153W
05N151W 03N160W 04N171W 06N171W 06N165W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...
INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

UPPER TROUGH...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CB/TCU ARE BOUNDED BY 23N154W
15N157W 14N164W 22N160W.  FEATURE HAS BEEN MOVING EAST SLOWLY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED
SHOWERS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE
BOUNDED BY 30N165W 30N161W 26N172W 25N180 28N180 28N170W.  FRONT HAS
BEEN MOVING EAST AT 30 TO 35 KT ALONG 30N AND HAS BECOME NEARLY
STATIONARY ALONG 25N.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH.  FOR MORE DETAILS...
SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 03S173E 06S174W 12S173W 16S179E 13S170E 07S170E HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

UPPER TROUGH/SURFACE TROUGH/CZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 12S154W
20S140W 25S142W 14S164W HAVE MOVED NORTH TO NORTHEAST AT 5 TO 10 KT
..INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION...THOUGH SEE CZ UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 120W AND BOUNDED BY 03S120W
08S120W 09S122W 04S126W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.