

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 24 Jan 2004 06:24:17 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0NMODbx098929	for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 24 Jan 2004 06:24:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0NKYMH5023944; Fri,
23 Jan 2004 16:13:21 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 707399 for [email-masked]; Fri,
23 Jan 2004 16:13:21 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0NMDLD1052996
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:13:21 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i0NMCSnN019947
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
23 Jan 2004 16:12:28 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i0NMCSht019946 for [email-masked]; Fri,
23 Jan 2004 16:12:28 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:12:28 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 232213
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 23 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...07N140W 08N150W 04N160W 02N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W AND
WEST OF 180. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 06N154W
04N159W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 03N174W 02N179W HAVE
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA IN THE PAST 12
HOURS.

LOW/TROUGH...LOW 28N158W WITH TROUGH FROM LOW THROUGH 23N158W
19N161W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 20NM OF POINT 29N155W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN THE PAST 3 HOURS. NEW WIDELY SCATTERED
CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 20N158W 19N159W 19N161W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE. FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE COLD FRONT/UPPER TROUGH/SURFACE TROUGH IN
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. ISOLATED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
LOW/TROUGH/FRONT 1...LOW 15S144W WITH TROUGH FROM 11S155W 12S150W
THROUGH LOW TO 19S140W 23S130E CONTINUING AS FRONT TO 25S127W AND
EXTENDING SOUTH OF 25S. AREA OF WIDELY SCATTERED CB BOUNDED BY
12S146W 13S137W 16S136W 16S144W 12S146W HAS MOVED WEST AT 10KT...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN AREA. ISOLATED CB ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60NM
OF TROUGH/FRONT HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN AREA.

FRONT 2...25S163W 22S167W AND EXTENDING SOUTH OF 25S. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 30NM OF POINT 25S163W HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 15KT WITH
LITTLE CHANGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 11S178W 15S172W 17S177W 11S178W HAS
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN SIZE.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 08S153W 13S162W AND
BOUNDED BY 03S162W 06S161W 07S164W 03S162W.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.