

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 01 Feb 2004 08:14:10 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i110E7pN013039	for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 01 Feb 2004 08:14:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0VBSLKt013930; Sat,
31 Jan 2004 18:06:46 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 845257 for [email-masked]; Sat,
31 Jan 2004 18:06:46 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1106iD1094474
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:06:44 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i1105enN018672
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
31 Jan 2004 18:05:40 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i1105e3N018670 for [email-masked]; Sat,
31 Jan 2004 18:05:40 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:05:40 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIIIII, Probability=19%,
Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 312330
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/312330ZJAN2004-011800ZFEB2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/311952ZJAN2004//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/311353ZJAN2004//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/311951ZJAN2004//
NARR/REFS A, B, AND C ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 311800Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 10S (FRANK) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 15.7S3 62.1E9 IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN, HAS MOVED SOUTHEASTWARD
AT 04 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 115 KNOTS GUSTING TO 140 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW
312100) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
(2) AT 311200Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 11S (LINDA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 16.4S1 96.1E6, APPROXIMATELY 260 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS, TRACKING SOUTHWARD AT 09 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS.
SEE REF B (WTXS33 PGTW 311500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) AT 311800Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 09S (ELITA) REGENERATED
AND WAS LOCATED NEAR 20.68S6 44.4E2, APPROXIMATELY 170 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST
OF ANTANANARIVO, MADAGASCAR AND HAD MOVED WESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS DURING
THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 312100) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
(4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 20.7S9
44.9E7 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(3) FOR DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED PARA 2.A.(3) TO REFLECT UPGRADE FROM
FAIR TO WARNING.
4. RELEASED BY: MAJOR GRUBER, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: GRUBER/FIORINO/HEATH/TINOCO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.