

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 02 Jan 2004 06:13:07 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i01MEZ4T042886	for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 02 Jan 2004 06:14:36 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i014ShP3080650; Thu,
01 Jan 2004 16:09:09 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 403326 for [email-masked]; Thu,
01 Jan 2004 16:09:09 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i01M98D1016848
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 01 Jan 2004 16:09:08 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i01M8mnN023739
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
01 Jan 2004 16:08:48 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i01M8mu8023738 for [email-masked]; Thu,
01 Jan 2004 16:08:48 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 16:08:48 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 012208
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 01 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...06N140W 07N150W 08N160W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W. NEW
ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 08N147W 08N152W.
OCCASIONAL TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 70NM.

TROUGH 1...20N161W 30N163W AND EXTENDING NORTH. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE
FORMED WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 23N157W 29N58W. ISOLATED TCU AND OVERCAST
LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 120NM OF LINE 20N157W 25N147W 30N160W AND
EXTENDING NORTH HAVE MOVED NORTHWEST AT 20KT AND INTENSIFIED.

TROUGH 2...30N172W 25N173W AND EXTENDING NORTH. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE
FORMED WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 30N169W 27N170W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE TROUGH 1 IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE
THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH
WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE TROUGH 1 AND TROUGH 2 IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 03F CENTERED 09.3S 173.8W HAS OCCASIONAL CB
BOUNDED BY 03S176W 09S169W 13S169W 10S177W 04S180 03S176W. SEE
BULLETINS FROM OFFICIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING AGENCIES FOR
DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH 1...25S128W 20S132W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50NM OF LINE 25S162W
22S126W 18S129W HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST SLOWLY AND INTENSIFIED.

TROUGH 2...25S159W 13S169W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100NM OF LINE 12S154W
23S158W HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 10KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE. NEW ISOLATED CB
HAVE FORMED WITHIN 75NM OF LINE 09S160W 12S165W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL DEPRESSION 03F AND TROUGH 2 IN SOUTH PACIFIC OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.