

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sun, 04 Jan 2004 21:12:58 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i04DEOMQ076845	for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 04 Jan 2004 21:14:26 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0400dN3080650; Sun,
04 Jan 2004 07:08:53 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 426150 for [email-masked]; Sun,
04 Jan 2004 07:08:53 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i04D8qD1075028
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 04 Jan 2004 07:08:52 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i04D8TnN029008
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
04 Jan 2004 07:08:29 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i04D8ToI029006 for [email-masked]; Sun,
04 Jan 2004 07:08:29 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 07:08:29 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIIIII, Probability=19%,
Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

WTIO22 FMEE 041200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 04/01/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 026/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    04/01/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 4 (EX-DARIUS) 993 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 29.9S / 61.8E
(TWENTY NINE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL EIGHT
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 27 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO MORE THAN 400 NM IN THE EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS  FAR FROM THE
CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 210 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/05 AT 00 UTC:
34.7S / 65.3E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/01/05 AT 12 UTC:
45.0S / 70.0E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DARIUS IS EXTRATROPICAL WITH A TOTALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION WICH
IS LESS AND LESS CIRCULAR.
STRONGEST WINDS ARE LOCATED FAR FROM THE CENTRE  TO THE
EASTSOUTHEAST DUE
TO THE GRADIANT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.
DARIUS IS EVACUATING SOUTHEASTWARD JUST BEFORE THE COLD FRONT WITH WICH
IT SHOULD MERGE DURING THE NEXT  24 HOURS (THE  FORECAST POSITION AT 24
HOURS IS THE POSITION OF THE LOW RESULTING OF THE MERGE WITH THE POLAR
LOW).

LAST WARNING ISSUED ON THIS SYSTEM

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.