

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 16 Feb 2004 05:52:17 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1FLqDhM040894	for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 16 Feb 2004 05:52:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1F62DQr093044; Sun,
15 Feb 2004 15:46:21 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1065447 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:46:20 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1FLkKD1048694
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:46:20 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i1FLkJnN025956
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
15 Feb 2004 15:46:19 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i1FLkJWd025955 for [email-masked]; Sun,
15 Feb 2004 15:46:19 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:46:19 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 152145
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 15 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 105 NM OF THE LINE CROSSING
THE DATELINE FROM 23N170E TO 20N180 TO 21N170W AND WITHIN 120 NM OF
THE LINE FROM 21N170W TO 24N159W TO 30N144W TO 32N140W AND FURTHER
NORTHEAST MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 25 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE LINE FROM 05N164W TO
06N148W TO 08N146W TO 09N140W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF THE LINE
FROM 05N178W TO 03N172W MOVED SOUTH SOUTHEAST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN
AREA...AND INTENSIFIED.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 08S158W 09S156W 15S154W
19S155W 18S160W 16S163W 09S162W MOVED NORTHWEST AT 20 KT...AND
CHANGED LITTLE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

FRONT...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF THE
LINE CROSSING THE DATELINE FROM 14S171E TO 21S180 TO 35S170W MOVED
NORTHEAST AT 5 KT. THE CB WEAKENED BUT CHANGED LITTLE IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 21S141W TO 25S135W
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND CHANGED LITTLE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT 22S145W. NEW ISOLATED
CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT 22S157W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE
WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT 21S159W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM
OF THE POINT 21S162W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 330 NM OF THE POINT 08S175W
MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA...AND INTENSIFIED.

$$
RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.