

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:59:23 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1G9xJhM036415	for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:59:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1G621GB088360; Mon,
16 Feb 2004 03:55:50 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1070242 for
[email-masked]; Mon, 16 Feb 2004 03:55:50 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1G9toD1031438
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 16 Feb 2004 03:55:50 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i1G9tnnN003655
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
16 Feb 2004 03:55:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i1G9tnaa003654 for [email-masked]; Mon,
16 Feb 2004 03:55:49 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 03:55:49 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 160955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 16 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 06N177W 04N167W 02N168W 01N176W
05N180 HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY
SCATTERED SHOWERS THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND EAST OF 140W ARE
BOUNDED BY 30N145W 30N140W 22N152W 25N154W.  FEATURE HAS MOVED EAST
AT 15 KT ALONG 30N...AND EAST TO SOUTHEAST AT 20 KT SOUTH OF 25N.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 06S173W
12S171W 14S178W 13S178E 10S177E 06S180 HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...
INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

FRONT/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 13S171E 17S180 23S175W 22S177E HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

UPPER LOW...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08S160W 11S152W 14S157W
18S148W 23S163W 19S165W 20S160W 12S166W 10S166W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 5
TO 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.