

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:11:38 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1AMBVpf017153	for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:11:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1AKFfHJ035980; Tue,
10 Feb 2004 15:42:31 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1020126 for
[email-masked]; Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:42:31 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i1ALgUD1028952
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:42:30 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i1ALaunN027110
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
10 Feb 2004 15:37:01 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i1ALafp8027099 for [email-masked]; Tue,
10 Feb 2004 15:36:41 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:36:41 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 102136
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 10 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...07N140W 06N150W 08N155W 07N170W 04N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF
140W AND WEST OF 180. SCATTERED TCU WITHIN 35NM OF LINE 07N166W
05N176W AND ISOLATED CB WITHIN 70NM OF LINE 05N176W 05N180 AND
EXTENDING WEST AND HAVE MOVED WEST AT 20KT AND INTENSIFIED IN
THE PAST 8 HOURS. ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ELSEWHERE
WITHIN 70NM OF ITCZ.

FRONT 1...30N146W 27N150W 22N159W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N.
SCATTERED TCU WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 30N 146W 25N150W 22N156W AND
BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED EAST
SOUTHEAST AT 12KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

FRONT 2...30N175W 28N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF 180.
ISOLATED TCU AND OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 100NM OF FRONT HAVE
MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 40KT AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...FRONT 1.  FOR DETAILS...SEE
THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH
WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...FRONT 1 AND FRONT 2.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 75 NM OF THE LINE FROM 03N179W TO
06N173W.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NIL.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
AREA OF WIDELY SCATTERED CB BOUNDED BY 12S180 14S175W 18S172W
18S179W 12S180 HAS MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 10KT AND INTENSIFIED. AREA OF
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 08S165W 09S160W 14S163W 15S170W 08S165W HAS
MOVED NORTH AT 5KT AND DECREASED IN SIZE.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 08S137W 08S141W.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.