

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:09:22 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0BM8LYH033450	for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Jan 2004 06:08:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0B7DLRd053184; Sun,
11 Jan 2004 16:02:09 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 519899 for [email-masked]; Sun,
11 Jan 2004 16:02:09 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i0BM29D1067756
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:02:09 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i0BM1ZnN007957
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
11 Jan 2004 16:01:35 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i0BM1ZKd007956 for [email-masked]; Sun,
11 Jan 2004 16:01:35 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:01:35 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 112201
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 11 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. SEE FRONT IN NORTHWEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SECTIONS BELOW. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N157W 22N170W MOVING EAST 20-30 KT. BROKEN CUMULUS
AND ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 90 NM NORTH OF FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 09N165W
06N157W 07N150E 04N156E 06N164W 05N169W 08N169W 09N165W.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
LOW/TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE...WEAK LOW CENTERED NEAR 22S137W IS
NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE THROUGH 21S132W 12S140W
10S160W. WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 08S160W 09S140W
21S129W 20S135W 16S136W 13S142W 11S150W 12S160W 08S160W HAVE MOVED
NORTH 10 KT...DECREASED SLIGHTLY IN INTENSITY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
AREA.

FRONT...NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...ARE
WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 23S127W 25S125W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NEWLY FORMED SCATTERED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE DATE LINE...ARE
WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 02S179E 05S173W 07S174 08S178W 06S180 06S177E
02S179E.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.