

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 11 Mar 2004 03:21:25 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2AJLVEe048522	for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 11 Mar 2004 03:21:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2A6GlQf033280; Wed,
10 Mar 2004 13:13:58 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1477329 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:13:58 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i2AJDvD1031126
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:13:57 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i2AJDu9Z028391
for          <[email-masked]>; Wed,
10 Mar 2004 13:13:56 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i2AJDuCL028385 for [email-masked]; Wed,
10 Mar 2004 13:13:56 -0600 (CST)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:13:56 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XIIIIIII, Probability=17%, Report='UPPERCASE_50_75 1.152,
LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001, LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001,
TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

WTIO20 FMEE 101815
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 10/03/2004 AT 1800
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 001/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 10/03/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10 (HELMA EX-NICKY) 975 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.5S / 89.6E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS WITHIN 180 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 10 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/11 AT 06 UTC:
17.4S / 88.8E, MAX WIND = 60 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/11 AT 18 UTC:
18.7S / 88.0E, MAX WIND = 60 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
SEVERE TROPICAL STORM NICKY HAS BEEN NAMED HELMA, WHEN IT CROSSED MERIDIAN
90 EAST, LIMIT OF RSMC LA REUNION DOMAIN OF RESPONSABILITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.