

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 08 Mar 2004 06:00:52 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i27M0tmC059065	for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 08 Mar 2004 06:00:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i27KrKEF078566; Sun,
07 Mar 2004 15:55:52 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1423830 for
[email-masked]; Sun, 07 Mar 2004 15:55:48 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i27LtlD1087398
for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 07 Mar 2004 15:55:47 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i27Ltk9Z014376
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
07 Mar 2004 15:55:46 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i27LtkQK014375 for [email-masked]; Sun,
07 Mar 2004 15:55:46 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 15:55:46 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 072155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 07 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 05N160W 07N140W MOVED WEST
15 KT AND INCREASED SLIGHTLY IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 02N170W 03N166W AND WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
05N173W 05N168W MOVED WEST 15 KT AND INTENSIFIED IN THE PAST 12
HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
WEAK CONVERGENCE ZONE...THROUGH 30N149W TO KAUAI MOVING EAST SLOWLY
AND WEAKENING. BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS/ISOLATED
SHOWERS WITHIN 35 NM OF CZ. NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB ALONG CZ NEAR
25N156W.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
WEAK FRONT...THROUGH 30N156W 26N164W 25N170W 27N180. BROKEN
STRATOCUMULUS ALONG THE FRONT DIMINISHED IN COVERAGE. FRONT MOVED
EAST 50 KT BUT HAS SLOWED SIGNIFICANTLY OVER THE PAST FEW HOURS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
UPPER LOW...NEAR 10N179E MOVED SOUTHWEST 10 KT AND WEAKENED.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF 08N178W HAVE NEARLY DISSIPATED.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
LOW...NEAR 24S179W WAS STATIONARY BUT HAS BEGUN DRIFTING SLOWLY
WEST. ASSOCIATED TROUGH THROUGH 25S171W 18S174W 15S180 IS NEARLY
STATIONARY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100 NM SOUTH AND WEST OF LOW
INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 350 NM EAST
OF TROUGH CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
FRONT...THROUGH 25S120W 23S130W MOVED NORTH 5 KT. ISOLATED CB ALONG
FRONT EAST OF 123W INTENSIFIED. BROKEN TO OVERCAST
CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS ALONG FRONT WEST OF 123W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.