

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Wed, 03 Mar 2004 17:24:45 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i239OiqW032297	for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 03 Mar 2004 17:24:46 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i238iMKl091430; Wed,
03 Mar 2004 03:19:54 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e) with spool id 1338266 for
[email-masked]; Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:15:51 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i239DeD5005636
for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:13:45 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.6/8.12.6) with ESMTP id i11LsonN002890
for          <[email-masked]>; Sun,
01 Feb 2004 15:54:55 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.6/8.12.6/Submit)
id          i11LsZUd002888 for [email-masked]; Sun,
01 Feb 2004 15:54:35 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:54:35 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIII, Probability=33%, Report='UPPERCASE_75_100 1.489,
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 1.454, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, LINES_OF_YELLING 0.001,
LINES_OF_YELLING_2 0.001, TO_BE_REMOVED_REPLY 0.000'

ACPA40 PHFO 012155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 01 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND WITHIN 45 NM OF
LINE 06N177E 07N178W 06N174W HAVE MOVED NORTHWEST AT 10 KT AND
WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.

FRONT/SHEAR LINE...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...MAINLY...LOW AND MIDDLE
CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TCU THAT
EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND CROSS THE DATELINE ARE BOUNDED BY 30N178E
30N176W 19N165E 15N152E 15N143E 20N145E 19N153E 23N168E.  FEATURE
HAS BEEN MOVING EAST AT 20 KT ALONG 30N AND BECOMING NEARLY
STATIONARY SOUTH OF 20N.

UPPER TROUGH...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED
TO WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF
140W ARE BOUNDED BY 23N140W 08N140W 06N161W 15N147W 18N150W
19N144W.  FEATURE MOVING EAST SLOWLY NORTH OF 15N AND NEARLY
STATIONARY ELSEWHERE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT/SHEAR LINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 05S164E 06S173E 08S174E 06S179E 07S174W 11S172W 10S174E
10S165E 14S163E 10S162E HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 TO 10 KT AND INCREASED
IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...2...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 09S170W 09S167W 22S151W 25S155W 21S161W 12S167W 10S171W
HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.