

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 01 Jan 2005 02:11:13 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id iBVIB9vS067210	for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 01 Jan 2005 02:11:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id iBVEeiaK069356; Fri,
31 Dec 2004 12:06:29 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 85354 for [email-masked]; Fri,
31 Dec 2004 12:06:29 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id iBVI6Riu053202
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:06:27 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id iBVI6MBH001858
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
31 Dec 2004 12:06:22 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11/Submit)
id iBVI6MY3001857 for [email-masked]; Fri,
31 Dec 2004 12:06:22 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:06:22 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=X, Probability=10%, Report='DCC_BULK_LOW! 0,
LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, __DCC_BODY 0, __DCC_FUZ1 0, __DCC_FUZ2 0,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

WTIO22 FMEE 311805
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 31/12/2004 AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 036/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    31/12/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-CHAMBO) 995 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 25.7S / 68.9E
(TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER,  EXTENDING UP
TO 280 NM FROM THE CENTER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.-EST

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT, AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS , REACHING LOCALLY
50 KT IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, WITHIN 130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER,
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 130 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/01 AT 06 UTC:
26.5S / 67.8E, MAX WIND = 45 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/01/01 AT 18 UTC:
27.5S / 66.9E, MAX WIND = 45 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGER WINDS EXIST FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM,
TEMPORARILY INCREASING IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE  DUE TO THE GRADIENT
EFFECT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES PASSING SOUTH.
THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO TRACK GLOBALLY SOUTHWESTWARDS ON THE NORTHERN
EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES  DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AND THEN
CURVE SOUTHWARDS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.