

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:31:13 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j078V9vE063968	for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:31:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j078Jk6M017554; Fri,
07 Jan 2005 02:28:29 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 219639 for [email-masked]; Fri,
07 Jan 2005 02:28:29 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j078SSbB081910
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:28:28 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j078SMc4017190
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
07 Jan 2005 02:28:23 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11/Submit)
id j078SMsj017189 for [email-masked]; Fri,
07 Jan 2005 02:28:22 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:28:22 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: FIJI: Part 01
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=X, Probability=10%, Report='DCC_BULK_LOW! 0,
LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, __DCC_BODY 0, __DCC_FUZ1 0, __DCC_FUZ2 0,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

WTPS11 NFFN 070600
PART 01

TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ADVISORY NUMBER A10 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI
JAN 07/0818 UTC 2005 UTC.

TROPICAL CYCLONE KERRY CENTRE [987HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 17.2S 164.9E
AT 070600 UTC.  POSITION FAIR BASED ON GOES9 HRVIS IMAGERY WITH
ANIMATION. CYCLONE CURRENTLY MOVING WEST SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 15 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS NEAR THE CENTRE ESTIMATED AT ABOUT
45 KNOTS INCREASING TO 60 KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 TO 18 HOURS.  WINDS
ABOVE 33 KNOTS WITHIN 120 MILES OF CENTRE IN SOUTHEASTERN SEMICIRCLE
AND WITHIN 60 MILES OF CENTRE IN NORTHWESTERN SEMICIRCLE.

SYSTEM BECOMING BETTER ORGAINSED SINCE PAST 12 HOURS. CDO PATTEN
REMAINS APARENT AND EVOLVING FURTHER. A LARGE BANDING FEATURE
PERSISTS TO THE EAST OF THE CDO. SST AROUND 30C. CDO DIAMETER 1.3
DEGREES YIELDS DT 0F 3.0. PT AND MET ALSO 3.0. DVORAK ANALYSIS
T3.0/3.0PLUS/S0.0/24HRS. TC KERRY IS MOVING WSW NORTH OF A DEEP
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE. UPPER OUTFLOW GOOD AND ENVIRONMENTAL SHEAR REMAINS
LOW AS TC MOVEMENT IS PARALLEL TO UPPER WIND FLOW. TC KERRY IS
EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY AS IT MOVES FURTHER WEST AND CLOSER TO THE
UPPER RIDGE AXIS. GLOBAL MODELS MAINTAIN WSW MOVEMENT FOR NEXT 24-36
HOURS.

FORECASTS :
AT 12 HRS VALID AT 071800 UTC 18.1S 162.5E MOV WSW AT 10 KT WITH 50
KT CLOSE TO CENTRE

AT 24 HRS VALID AT 080600 UTC 18.0S 160.8E MOV WSW AT 8 KT WITH 60 KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE

OUTLOOK :
AT 36 HRS VALID AT 081800 UTC 19.1S 159.8E MOV WSW AT 5 KT WITH 60 KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE

END PART 01

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.