

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:49:21 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j138nG8X092802	for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:49:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j137VDIr051948; Thu,
03 Feb 2005 02:45:24 -0600
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.3)
with spool id          75534 for [email-masked]; Thu,
03 Feb 2005 02:45:24 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j138jG27019164
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 03 Feb 2005 02:45:18 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.13.3/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j138j0Ac026261
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
03 Feb 2005 02:45:00 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.13.3/8.12.11/Submit)
id          j138ixr8026258 for [email-masked]; Thu,
03 Feb 2005 02:44:59 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 02:44:59 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: FIJI: Tropical Disturbance Advisory Number A3 Issued From Rsmc Nadi
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-LibAffairs-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-MailScanner-From: [email-masked]
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=X, Probability=10%, Report='DCC_BULK_LOW! 0,
LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671, __DCC_FUZ1 0, __DCC_FUZ2 0, __HAS_MSGID 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

WTPS11 NFFN 030600
Tropical Disturbance Advisory Number A3 issued from RSMC NADI
Feb 03/0832 UTC 2005 UTC.

TROPICAL CYCLONE MEENA CENTRE [995hPa] WAS LOCATED NEAR 14.4S 168.2W
AT 030600 UTC.  POSITION POOR BASED ON GOES10 IR IMAGERY WITH
ANIMATION. CYCLONE SLOW MOVING AND EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY MOVE
EASTSOUTHEAST LATER. MAXIMUM 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WIND OF 35 KNOTS CLOSE
TO THE CENTRE INCREASING TO 45 KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 TO 18 HOURS.
WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 60 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE SECTOR FROM
NORTHWEST THROUGH EAST TO SOUTHEAST.

SYSTEM CONTINUES TO INTENSIFY AND THE CENTRE HAS SLIPPED UNDER THE
CDO. MEENA IS LOCATED JUST EAST OF UPPER [250 HPA] OUTFLOW IN A
REGION OF STRONG DIFFLUENCE. UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW ENHANCED BY STRONG
CROSS EQUATORIAL WIND FLOW. OUTFLOW HAS BECOME GOOD IN ALL QUADRANTS.
ENVIRONMENT SHEAR REMAINS MINIMAL. DVORAK ANALYSIS AT
T3.0/3.0/D1.5/24HRS. GLOBAL MODELS GENERALLY AGREE ON SLOW EASTWARD
MOVEMENT FOLLOWED BY AN ACCELERATION TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST LATER.

FORECASTS :
AT 12 HRS VALID AT 031800 UTC 15.0S 167.0W MOV ESE AT 05 KT WITH 40
KT CLOSE TO CENTRE

AT 24 HRS VALID AT 040600 UTC 15.5S 165.5W MOV ESE AT 05 KT WITH 45
KT CLOSE TO CENTRE

OUTLOOK :
AT 36 HRS VALID AT 041800 UTC 16.5S 164.7W MOV SE AT 07 KT WITH 45 KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE

AT 48 HRS VALID AT 050600 UTC 18.0S 163.2W MOV SE AT 09 KT WITH 50 KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE

THE NEXT ADVISORY ON THIS DEPRESSION WILL BE ISSUED AROUND 031430
UTC.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.