

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:32:12 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j1F6W7Cf078239	for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:32:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j1EAd5JD078364; Tue,
15 Feb 2005 00:22:07 -0600
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.3)
with spool id          327711 for [email-masked]; Tue,
15 Feb 2005 00:22:06 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j1F6M0MZ012416
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:22:05 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.13.3/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j1F6LgXG021392
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
15 Feb 2005 00:21:42 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.13.3/8.12.11/Submit)
id          j1F6LgfS021389 for [email-masked]; Tue,
15 Feb 2005 00:21:42 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:21:42 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-LibAffairs-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-MailScanner-From: [email-masked]
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=X, Probability=10%, Report='LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

WTIO22 FMEE 150613
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 15/02/2005 AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 019/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   15/02/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 14 1001 HPA
POSITION:           22.0S / 54.5E
(TWENTY TWO DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL FIVE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 7 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 50 NM AND 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 75 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, LOCALLY REACHING 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
BETWEEN 60 NM AND 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN  QUADRANT
AND UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/15 AT 18 UTC:
22.5S / 53.2E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/16 AT 06 UTC:
23.0S / 52.0E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE CENTRE REMAINS FULLY EXPOSED WEST OF THE CLUSTER.
THE SYSTEM SHOULD KEEP ON REGULARLY TRACKING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARDS, ON THE
NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES, THEN SLOW DOWN AS A
TROUGH SHIFTS IN THE SOUTH.
ENVIRONMENT IS UNFAVORABLE TO INTENSIFICATION.
STRONGEST WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTER IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
PRESSURES.

SYSTEM INTENSITY DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR WARNINGS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.