

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Wed, 19 Jan 2005 05:02:10 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0IL25oF064090	for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 19 Jan 2005 05:02:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0IHRYWn060014; Tue,
18 Jan 2005 14:41:26 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 187403 for [email-masked]; Tue,
18 Jan 2005 14:41:25 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0IKfOr4024684
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:41:24 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0IKfFNV013002
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
18 Jan 2005 14:41:19 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11/Submit)
id j0IKfFot013001 for [email-masked]; Tue,
18 Jan 2005 14:41:15 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:41:15 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-S: Subj/tropical Cyclone Formation Alert/182021zjan2005//
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=X, Probability=10%, Report='LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
__FRAUD_419_LOC 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

WTXS22 PGTW 182030
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT/182021ZJAN2005//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/172021ZJAN2005//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS21 PGTW 172030)//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY SUVA
2. AMEMBASSY SUVA REQ PASS TO USAID OFDA ADVISOR
3. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 10.2S3 53.5E3 TO 11.0S2 50.0E5
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 30 TO 35 KNOTS. METSAT IM
AGERY AT 181730Z0 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED
NEAR 10.2S3 52.9E6. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS.
4. REMARKS:
THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.4S5 54.0E9 IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 10.2S3 52.9E6, APPROXIMATELY 645 NM NORTH-NORTHWEST OF
MAURITIUS. ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS CYCLING DEEP
CONVECTION OVER AN ELONGATED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC).
200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES AN ENVIRONMENT OF LOW TO MODERATE VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR AND MODERATE DIFFLUENCE ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 30 TO 35 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNI-
FICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD. THIS
SUPERSEDES REF A.
4. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
192030Z5.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.