

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:24:58 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0O6OqLq067680	for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:24:53 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0O65h00048616; Mon,
24 Jan 2005 00:20:18 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 323859 for [email-masked]; Mon,
24 Jan 2005 00:20:17 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0O6KGHg083586
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 24 Jan 2005 00:20:16 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.13.3/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0O6K7Bw013923
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
24 Jan 2005 00:20:07 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.13.3/8.12.11/Submit)
id          j0O6K7c2013922 for [email-masked]; Mon,
24 Jan 2005 00:20:07 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 00:20:07 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion
24/01/2005 At
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-LibAffairs-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-MailScanner-From: [email-masked]
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=X, Probability=10%, Report='LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

WTIO24 FMEE 240618
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 24/01/2005 AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 023/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: MONDAY    24/01/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 8 (ERNEST) 987 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 29.0S / 49.3E
(TWENTY NINE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FORTY NINE DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 15 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 50 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 10 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN
QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/24 AT 18 UTC:
32.5S / 53.0E, MAX WIND = 50 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/01/25 AT 06 UTC:
35.8S / 58.2E, MAX WIND = 50 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
SYSTEM ERNEST TRACKS SOUTHESTWARDS RATHER QUICKLY. CONVECTION IS
WEAKENING BUT WINDS REMAIN STRONG, ESPECIALLY NORTHEAST OF THE SYSTEM
WITH THE GRADIENT EFFECT (WITH HIGH PRESSURES NORTH OF THE SYSTEM), ADDED
TO THE SPEED OF THE SYSTEM.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.