

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:04:19 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0J64EPL038030	for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:04:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0J5aLJ4049968; Tue,
18 Jan 2005 23:56:12 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 196818 for [email-masked]; Tue,
18 Jan 2005 23:56:12 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0J5uAV4060072
for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:56:10 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0J5u4EC021811
for          <[email-masked]>; Tue,
18 Jan 2005 23:56:04 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11/Submit)
id j0J5u4pC021809 for [email-masked]; Tue,
18 Jan 2005 23:56:04 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:56:04 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=X, Probability=10%, Report='LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 190600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
/AND SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/190600Z-200600ZJAN2005//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACTMETOCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/181951ZJAN2005//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 181800Z8, TROPICAL STORM (TS) 01W (KULAP) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 19.0N0 155.8E9, APPROXIMATELY 615 NM WEST OF WAKE ISLAND, AND
HAD TRACKED EAST-NORTHEASTWARD AT 23 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 182100) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS
SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2
143.0E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2 142.9E6, APPROXIMATELY 80 NM
NORTHEAST OF WEIPA, AUSTRALIA, IN NORTH CENTRAL QUEENSLAND. RECENT
ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL AND ENHANCED WATER VAPOR SATELLITE IMAGERY
REVEALS A SLIGHT INCREASE IN DEEP CONVECTION OVER A POSSIBLE LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 182031Z5 QUIKSCAT PASS SUGGESTS
THE LLCC IS VERY CLOSE TO LAND AND IS BEING ENHANCED BY A STRONG
GRADIENT FLOW OVER THE NORTHWEST CORAL SEA. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS
INDICATES AN ENVIRONMENT OF LOW VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND FAVORABLE
DIVERGENCE. ADDITIONALLY, THERE HAS BEEN AN INCREASE IN 850 MB
VORTICITY DURING THE PAST 24 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTI-
MATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIG-
NIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.