

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:12:41 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j1OACb2P023622	for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:12:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j1O5LR7p047392; Thu,
24 Feb 2005 04:07:04 -0600
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.3)
with spool id          521211 for [email-masked]; Thu,
24 Feb 2005 04:07:04 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j1OA73Ng051998
for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:07:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.13.3/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j1OA6jmc001583
for          <[email-masked]>; Thu,
24 Feb 2005 04:06:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.13.3/8.12.11/Submit)
id          j1OA6jXB001580 for [email-masked]; Thu,
24 Feb 2005 04:06:45 -0600 (CST)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:06:45 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-LibAffairs-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-MailScanner-From: [email-masked]
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=XXXIIIIIIII, Probability=38%,
Report='HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 3.4, LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
__HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2_1 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

AXPZ20 KNHC 241006
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU FEB 24 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0945 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS IS ALONG 8N82W 3N93W 3N105W 5N120W 6N140W. SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE
OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 117W-119W.

DISCUSSION...
PERSISTENT JETSTREAM COMPOSED OF TWO ENERGIZED BRANCHES IS
CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 15N140W ALONG 17N127W TO 13N113W
WHERE THE FLOW SPLITS. ONE BRANCH TURNS CYCLONICALLY NE ACROSS
OLD MEXICO AND SOUTHERN TEXAS. THE SECOND BRANCH TURNS
ANTICYCLONICALLY SOUTHEASTWARD AND BECOMES DIFFUSED ALONG 105W.
SATELLITE DERIVED WINDS REVEAL MAXIMUM WIND SPEEDS UP TO 95 KT
WITHIN THE SOUTHERN BRANCH FROM 10N-14N BETWEEN 110W-120W.

N OF THE JET...THE MID TO UPPER LEVEL NEGATIVELY TILT SHORT WAVE
TROUGH IS EMBEDDED IN A LONG WAVE RIDGE BUT HAS SLOWLY SHIFTED
EASTWARD DURING THE PAST 24 HOURS AND IS NOW LOCATED E OF ABOUT
117W INCLUDING THE BAJA CALIFORNIA PENINSULA AND NW MEXICO. THE
ASSOCIATED DEEP LAYERED CYCLONE IS SLOWLY MOVING ESE OVER EXTREME
SW ARIZONA AND APPROACHING EXTREME NW MEXICO AT THIS TIME. ITS
SURFACE REFLECTION IS NOTED AS A RATHER DIFFUSE TROUGH EXTENDING
SW FROM THE LOW ACROSS NORTHERN BAJA AND INTO THE REGION TO NEAR
27N120W. ONLY ISOLATED LIGHT SHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE ALONG THE
TROUGH. IT IS EXPECTED TO DISSIPATE WITHIN ABOUT 12 HOURS.

IN THE TROPICS...UPPER DEBRIS MOISTURE IS OBSERVED WITHIN 60 NM
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 7N135W ALONG 7N120W TO 5N112W...
ORIGINATING FROM FORMER AND PRESENT ITCZ CONVECTION GENERALLY
BETWEEN 115W-132W. OTHERWISE...DRY AIR IS INDICATED S OF THE JET
MERGING WITH EVEN DRIER AIR DESCRIBED BELOW.

IN THE SUBTROPICS...AND ELSEWHERE N OF 20N...DRY AIR THAT WAS
PRESENT FOR THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS IS GRADUALLY BEING REPLACED BY
MID/UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE STREAMING E IN NEAR ZONAL FLOW. WEAK
MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGING IN THE WAKE OF THE SHORTWAVE TROUGH
DESCRIBED EARLIER IN THE DISCUSSION HAS AXIS EXTENDING FROM
30N133W TO 25N137W.

AN UPPER ANTICYCLONE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 2N126W. STRONG SUBSIDENCE
AND RESULTANT DRY AIR ALOFT COVERS THE AREA SE OF THE JETSTREAM
E OF 110W. MODERATE SUBSIDENCE IS SEEN ELSEWHERE S OF THE
SOUTHERN JET STREAM BRANCH.

NE WINDS TO 20 KT NEAR THE COAST OF NORTHERN COSTA RICA ARE
SHOULD NOT CONTINUE PAST ANOTHER 12 HOURS AS LIGHT WINDS AND
RELATIVELY LOW SEA STATES WILL PREVAIL ACROSS MUCH OF THE
NE PACIFIC WATERS E OF 110W THROUGH THE NEXT 2-3 DAYS.

$$
AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.