

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 08 Jan 2005 10:14:46 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j082EfIU037653	for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 08 Jan 2005 10:14:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j080p6oO037414; Fri,
07 Jan 2005 20:12:03 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 233232 for [email-masked]; Fri,
07 Jan 2005 20:12:03 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j082C2fc050110
for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:12:02 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j082BuGF009334
for          <[email-masked]>; Fri,
07 Jan 2005 20:11:57 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11/Submit)
id j082BuKg009332 for [email-masked]; Fri,
07 Jan 2005 20:11:56 -0600 (CST)
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:11:56 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: FIJI: Part 02
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=X, Probability=10%, Report='LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

WTPS11 NFFN 080000
PART 02

4.5. DVORAK
ANALYSIS T4.5/4.5MINUS/D1.5/24HRS. TC KERRY IS MOVING WSW TOWARDS A
WEAKNESS IN THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE. OUTFLOW RESTRICTED BY AN UPPER
TROUGH IN NW SECTOR, BUT ENHANCED IN SE SECTOR BY DIVERGENCE AHEAD OF
APPROACHING 250 HPA TROUGH. REDUCING NORTHEASTERLY VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR ALLOWED FURTHER INTENSIFICATION AS THE CYCLONE APPROACHED THE
UPPER RIDGE AXIS. TC KERRY IS EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY SLOW DOWN AS A
LOW LEVEL RIDGE BUILDS TO THE SOUTHWEST THEN WEAKEN IN THE 12-48 HOUR
PERIOD DUE TO INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. SST AROUND 29C. GLOBAL
MODELS FORECAST SLOWING WSW MOVEMENT THEN EITHER A TURN TO W OR WNW
NORTH OF THE LOW LEVEL RIDGE OR RECURVATURE AHEAD OF THE UPPER
TROUGH.

FORECASTS :
AT 12 HRS VALID AT 081200 UTC 18.6S 160.1E MOV SW AT 5 KT WITH 70 KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE

AT 24 HRS VALID AT 090000 UTC 19.0S 159.5E MOV SW AT 5 KT WITH 60 KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE

OUTLOOK :
AT 36 HRS VALID AT 091200 UTC 19.2S 159.1E MOV WSW AT 0 KT WITH 55 KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE

AT 48 HRS VALID AT 100000 UTC 19.4S 158.7E MOV SW AT 5 KT WITH 50 KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE

THE NEXT TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ADVISORY ON KERRY WILL BE ISSUED AROUND
080800 UTC.

END PART 02 OF 02

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.