

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Tue, 01 Feb 2005 01:33:51 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0VHXisw069721	for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 01 Feb 2005 01:33:45 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0VCqbWw071148; Mon,
31 Jan 2005 11:08:08 -0600
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.3)
with spool id          487961 for [email-masked]; Mon,
31 Jan 2005 11:08:08 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0VH86RP099552
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:08:07 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.13.3/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0VH7vVm002490
for          <[email-masked]>; Mon,
31 Jan 2005 11:07:58 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.13.3/8.12.11/Submit)
id          j0VH7vuw002488 for [email-masked]; Mon,
31 Jan 2005 11:07:57 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:07:57 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-LibAffairs-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-MailScanner-From: [email-masked]
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=X, Probability=10%, Report='LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
__FRAUD_419_LOC 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 311800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
/OCEAN/311800ZJAN-011800ZFEB2005//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.6S2
69.4E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.5S2 65.4E5, APPROXIMATELY 495 NM EAST-
NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS. RECENT ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED AND WATER
VAPOR SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS STRONG OUTFLOW ALONG THE EASTERN
PERIPHERY OF THE SYSTEM, AND DRY AIR IS NOW BEGINNING TO ENTRAIN FROM
THE WEST. A 311415Z5 SSMI MICROWAVE IMAGE SHOWS A DISTINCT LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC), HOWEVER DEEP CONVECTION HAS DISSIPATED IN
ALMOST ALL QUADRANTS. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES AN AXIS OF LOW
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ASSOCIATED WITH THE RIDGE EXTENDING FROM SOUTH
AFRICA ACROSS MADAGASCAR. DIVERGENCE IS FAVORABLE ALONG THE OUTFLOW
REGION, BUT 850 MB VORTICITY HAS DECREASED DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITH-
IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.