

by ims1.ust.hk (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 Patch 1 (built Aug 19 2002))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for alau@ims-ms-daemon
(ORCPT [email-masked]); Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:30:16 +0800 (CST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0M8UB12039228	for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:30:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0M2BqTO050774; Sat,
22 Jan 2005 02:25:26 -0600
Received: from LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU
(LISTSERV-TCP/IP release          1.8e)
with spool id 287436 for [email-masked]; Sat,
22 Jan 2005 02:25:26 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (delyte.lib.siu.edu [131.230.73.222])
by          vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0M8PPVw053026
for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:25:25 -0600
Received: from delyte.lib.siu.edu (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by delyte.lib.siu.edu          (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j0M8PJcP007971
for          <[email-masked]>; Sat,
22 Jan 2005 02:25:19 -0600 (CST)
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by delyte.lib.siu.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11/Submit)
id j0M8PJIw007969 for [email-masked]; Sat,
22 Jan 2005 02:25:19 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:25:19 -0600
From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Perlmx-Spam: Gauge=X, Probability=10%, Report='LINES_OF_YELLING_3 0.671,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

ABIO10 PGTW 220830
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
/OCEAN REISSUED/220830Z-221800ZJAN2005//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/220752ZJAN2005//
AMPN/REF A IS TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 220600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 12S (ERNEST) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20.5S7 42.0E6, APPROXIMATELY 300 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF ANTANANA-
RIVO, MADAGASCAR, AND HAD TRACKED SOUTHWARD AT 10 KNOTS OVER THE
PREVIOUS 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 100
KNOTS GUSTING TO 125 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 220900) FOR FUR-
THER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 13.8S2 112.4E8,
APPROXIMATELY 515 NM NORTH OF LEARMONTH, AUSTRALIA. RECENT ANIMATED
MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS AN INCREASE IN DEEP CONVEC-
TION OVER AN ESTABLISHED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). ADDI-
TIONALLY, ENHANCED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THE BEGINNING OF RADIAL
OUTFLOW ALONG THE WESTERN PERIPHERY OF THE CONVECTION. UPPER LEVEL
ANALYSIS INDICATES AN ENVIRONMENT OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR,
HOWEVER THE LLCC IS SITUATED UNDERNEATH AN AXIS OF THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE. DIVERGENCE IS FAVORABLE, AND 850 MB VORTICITY HAS INCREASED
DURING THE PAST 18 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMA-
TED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADD PARA 2.B.(1) AND UPDATE PARA
2.A.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.