

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 02:04:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wx-out-0506.google.com (wx-out-0506.google.com [66.249.82.237])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0NI4RIq013108	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 02:04:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wx-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id h26so1879949wxd.22 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:04:27 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.5.21 with SMTP id h21mr5138157wfi.80.1201111466916; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 10:04:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs473600wfi; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 10:04:25 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.205.16 with SMTP id h16mr21207086qbq.31.1201111464890; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 10:04:24 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id q17si8123654qbq.34.2008.01.23.10.04.21; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 10:04:24 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0N2E4a2021329; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 12:03:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14515193 for [email-masked]; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 12:03:45 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0NI3jtq029491 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:03:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0NI3ca7000935 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:03:44 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0NI3cH9010137 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:03:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0NI3cqW010136 for [email-masked]; Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:03:38 -0600
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:03:38 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801230079
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 0.5, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2_1 0,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0,
__RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

627
ATHW40 PHFO 231803
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC WED JAN 23 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC JANUARY 23 2008

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS...SOME WITH ACCOMPANYING SHOWERS...ARE MAINLY
IMPACTING WINDWARD COASTAL...MAUKA AND WINDWARD UPSLOPE SECTIONS ON
THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES THIS MORNING.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO
AFFECTING LEEWARD AREAS OF THE SMALLER ISLES AND WEST MAUI FROM TIME
TO TIME...THOUGH LANAI APPEARS TO BE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY.  LOW
CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST NEAR 25 MPH ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

A BAND OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS...ORIENTED
WEST/NORTHWEST TO EAST/SOUTHEAST...IS IMMEDIATELY UPWIND FROM THE
ISLES AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  SOME OF THIS CLOUDINESS HAS ALREADY BEEN
MAKING LANDFALL ON ALL THE MAJOR ISLANDS EXCEPT LANAI.  AN AREA OF
SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS...NORTH OF THE STATE...IS MOVING
EAST/SOUTHEASTWARD AT 40 TO 50 MPH.  ELSEWHERE SKIES ARE CLEAR TO
SCATTERED OVER THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

A COLD FRONT IS MORE THAN 1200 MILES WEST/NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND IS
MOVING TOWARD THE EAST NEAR 30 MPH.  EXTENSIVE BROKEN TO OVERCAST
MULTILAYERED CLOUDINESS...WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS...EXISTS ALONG AND EAST OF THE BOUNDARY.  ALONG AND
SOUTH OF 30N AND ALONG AND EAST OF THE DATELINE...MOST OF THESE
CLOUDS ARE NORTHWEST OF A LINE THROUGH 30N169W 24N175.5W 22N180.
THE MOST RECENT SURFACE OBSERVATION FROM MIDWAY ATOLL...NEAR 28N
177.5W...SHOWS OVERCAST LOW CLOUDINESS...LIGHT RAIN...AND WINDS FROM
THE SOUTH AT 15 TO 20 MPH.

A BROAD AREA OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...A MIX OF STABLE AND
SHOWERY ELEMENTS...EXISTS IN AN AREA FROM 350 TO 950 MILES NORTHEAST
OF THE ISLANDS.  THIS CLUSTER OF LOW CLOUDINESS IS SLOWLY ROTATING
IN A CYCLONIC...OR COUNTERCLOCKWISE...DIRECTION.  AS IT IS DOING
SO...IT IS ALSO MOVING TOWARD THE WEST/SOUTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.