

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 14:15:46 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.179])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0H6FhL6047352	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:15:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so630227pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:15:43 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.232.20 with SMTP id e20mr968871wfh.160.1200550543116; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 22:15:43 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs408299wfi; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 22:15:42 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.247.14 with SMTP id u14mr3564564anh.85.1200550541611; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 22:15:41 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id a13si2303858rof.9.2008.01.16.22.15.39; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 22:15:41 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0H4jKbY001033; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 00:14:47 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14431829 for [email-masked]; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 00:14:47 -0600
Received: from relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (relay05.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.40])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0H6El6j012483 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:14:47 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0H6Ee1M019673 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:14:46 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0H6EeUD004560 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:14:40 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0H6EdEK004555 for [email-masked]; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:14:39 -0600
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:14:39 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=1 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801160206
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

112
ATHW40 PHFO 170614
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC THU JAN 17 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 17 2008

THE LEADING EDGE OF A FIELD OF HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS HAS REACHED
KAUAI AND CONTINUES TO ADVANCE EASTWARD TOWARD THE REST OF THE MAIN
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE CIRRUS IS ACTUALLY DEBRIS FROM THUNDERSTORMS
ACTIVITY LOCATED 600 MILES WEST NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. IT IS BEING
CARRIED EAST AND SOUTHEASTWARD BY THE SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM. THE
WIDTH OF THE CIRRUS FIELD EXTENDED FROM 200 MILES SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI
TO 500 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF OAHU. THE CIRRUS WILL BE AFFECTING
THE VIEW OF THE LOW LEVEL CLOUDS AS IT GRADUALLY SPREAD ACROSS THE
STATE IN THE COMING HOURS. IN THE CIRRUS FREE AREA...THAT IS EAST OF
KAUAI...ARE MAINLY PATCHY STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS. THEY ARE
LOCATED ESPECIALLY OVER THE WINDWARD AND MOUNTAIN AREAS OF OAHU AND
MAUI INCLUDING THEIR ADJACENT WATERS. THERE HAD BEEN A DECREASE WITH
THE STRATOCU DUE TO DAY TIME HEATING AND MIXING DURING THE DAYLIGHT
HOURS BUT WITH NIGHTFALL...THEY HAVE STARTED TO INCREASE AGAIN.
LOW CLOUD MOTION IS GENERALLY EAST TO WEST AT ABOUT 10 KT.

FOR A DIFFERENT REASON...BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCU CLOUDS COVERED
PARTS OF LEEWARD BIG ISLAND THIS HOUR...FROM HONAUNAU NORTHWARD
ACROSS THE RESORTS TO BETWEEN THE KOHALA MOUNTAINS AND 18 MILES WEST
OF UPOLU POINT. THESE LOW CLOUDS FORMED OVER THE KONA SLOPES THIS
AFTERNOON DUE TO LIGHT WIND AND DAY TIME HEATING. ALSO ON SATELLITE
IS A OVERCAST AREA OF MIDDLE CLOUDS SITUATED WEST THROUGH SOUTH OF
LANAI. IT HAS GROWN IN SIZE IN THE PAST 4 HOURS...AND APPEARS TO BE
SPREADING EASTWARD TOWARD LANAI AND KAHOOLAWE.

$$

LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.