

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sun,
27 Jan 2008 13:26:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from rv-out-0910.google.com (rv-out-0910.google.com [209.85.198.190])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0R5Q6R9080102	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 13:26:07 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by rv-out-0910.google.com with SMTP id c24so1033926rvf.37 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:26:05 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.225.11 with SMTP id x11mr1880301wfg.175.1201411565795; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 21:26:05 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs136437wfi; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 21:26:05 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.192.19 with SMTP id u19mr8190747qbp.81.1201411564826; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 21:26:04 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e17si1168293qba.1.2008.01.26.21.26.01; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 21:26:04 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0Q61sXa026941; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 23:25:34 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14555473 for [email-masked]; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 23:25:34 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0R5PY7D000952 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:25:34 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0R5PRKc005055 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:25:33 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0R5PROR014845 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:25:27 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0R5PRan014844 for [email-masked]; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:25:27 -0600
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:25:27 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=9 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801260114
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

039
ATHW40 PHFO 270525
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SUN JAN 27 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 27 2008

A COMPLEX ASSORTMENT OF FAIRLY SMALL UPPER LOWS AND WEAK UPPER
TROUGHS HOVERED OVER THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC AREA THIS SATURDAY
EVENING.  ONE OF THE MORE PROMINENT MID TO UPPER LEVEL LOWS WAS
SITUATED NEAR 20N 170W OR ABOUT 800 MILES WEST OF HONOLULU.  IT WAS
DRIFTING SLOWLY SOUTH.  WATER VAPOR IMAGERY ALSO SHOWED A WEAK UPPER
TROUGH EXTENDING FROM THAT LOW TO ANOTHER POSSIBLY WEAKER LOW NEAR
26N 172W AND CONTINUING UP TO 30N 168W.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED
CLOUDS ALONG WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE COMMON IN THE REGION
BETWEEN 17N AND 30N FROM 164W TO 171W.

A WEAK AND SHALLOW UPPER TROUGH NORTH OF THE STATE...LYING NEARLY
HORIZONTALLY FROM WEST TO EAST...EXTENDED FROM 26N 160W TO ROUGHLY
24N 149W.  THIS TROUGH WAS PRODUCING A FEW TUFTS OF CIRRUS
IMMEDIATELY NORTHEAST OF THE ISLAND CHAIN.  THIS TROUGH MIGHT ALSO
BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SOME ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FORMING WITHIN 150
MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE STATE FROM MAUI TO BEYOND KAUAI.

THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS APPEARED TO BE LYING BETWEEN TWO BANDS OF
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...EACH LYING PARALLEL TO THE ISLAND CHAIN.  THOSE
LOW CLOUDS JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND WERE MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST
NEAR 20 MILES AN HOUR.  THOSE CLOUDS EAST OF THE OTHER ISLANDS WERE
FLOWING WEST BETWEEN 20 TO 25 MILES AN HOUR.

A LARGE...200 MILES WIDE...WEST TO EAST ALIGNED SWATH OF BROKEN TO
OVERCAST CIRRUS WITH SOME LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS
BELOW WAS CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 14N 166W TO 14N 153W.  THESE
CLOUDS WERE FORMING BENEATH A JET STREAM STREAMING EASTWARD FROM
THROUGH 10N 180 TO 15N 146W.  ANOTHER JET STREAM WAS ALSO FLOWING
EAST JUST SOUTH OF THE FIRST ONE.  THIS SECOND JET STREAM WAS
DIRECTLY OVER THE ITCZ...GENERALLY CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 07N
160W THROUGH 08N 140W...AND WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR SOME LAYERED
CLOUDINESS THERE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.