

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sun,
27 Jan 2008 02:45:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.183])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0QIjEei031070	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 02:45:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so1205926pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:45:13 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.77.11 with SMTP id z11mr1829925wfa.98.1201373113132; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 10:45:13 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs108097wfi; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 10:45:13 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.214.19 with SMTP id r19mr7412959qbq.13.1201373110469; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 10:45:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f18si3066522qba.14.2008.01.26.10.45.07; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 10:45:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0PMHh2V009237; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 12:44:35 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14551622 for [email-masked]; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 12:44:35 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0QIiYsL001129 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:44:34 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0QIiStu026337 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:44:34 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0QIiSY3028147 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:44:28 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0QIiSAU028146 for [email-masked]; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:44:28 -0600
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:44:28 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801260053
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

408
FXPQ60 PGUM 261844
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
444 AM CHST SUN JAN 27 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
THE OLD SHEAR LINE STILL LIES BETWEEN GUAM AND CHUUK...WITH DRY
MODIFIED MID-LATITUDE AIR NORTHWEST OF THAT SHEAR LINE FLOWING
ACROSS THE MARIANAS. LATEST SOUNDING SHOWS A STRONG INVERSION NEAR
6000 FEET...WITH MOISTURE TRAPPED UNDER THE INVERSION. THUS WE
STILL HAVE STRATO-CUMULUS AT 4-6 THSD FT WITH ISOLATED LIGHT
SHOWERS EVIDENT ON RADAR.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER DAY SIMILAR TO YESTERDAY...WITH RELATIVELY LOW
HUMIDITIES BUT WITH MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES AND ISOLATED LIGHT SHOWERS.
BUT GFS/UKMET BRING WINDS BACK TO EAST LATER TODAY THROUGH MONDAY...
AND THIS SHOULD GRADUALLY REPLACE THE MODIFIED POLAR AIR WITH
TROPICAL AIR. THIS IN TURN SHOULD KEEP ISOLATED SHOWERS IN THE
AREA...BUT WITH OVERALL LESS CLOUDINESS THAN TODAY.

&&

.MARINE/SURF...
NORTH SWELL WILL KEEP THE THREAT OF HIGH SURF ALIVE THROUGH MONDAY
NIGHT ON NORTHERN EXPOSURES. BUT NOT MUCH CHANCE FOR A SMALL CRAFT
ADVISORY THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS...AS COMBINED SEAS SHOULD BE 9 FT
OR LESS THROUGH TUESDAY.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
DRY TRADES WILL MAINTAIN GENERALLY FAIR WEATHER INTO NEXT WEEK.
HOWEVER...GFS AND ECMWF CONTINUE TO SUGGEST THE POSSIBILITY OF
SCATTERED CONVECTIVE DEVELOPMENT OVER THE REGION BY TUESDAY.
CONFIDENCE IN THE EVOLUTION OF THIS SYSTEM REMAINS LOW...SO HAVE
CONTINUED WITH ISOLATED POPS IN THE FORECAST. THE NEXT COUPLE MODEL
UPDATES WILL BE CRUCIAL IN DETERMINING WHETHER SCATTERED POPS SHOULD
BE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT FORECAST UPDATE.

WW3 MODEL OUTPUT CONTINUES TO INDICATE LARGE AND LONG PERIOD
NORTHWEST SWELL ARRIVING IN THE REGION BY MONDAY NIGHT. THIS WILL
LIKELY NECESSITATE HIGH SURF ADVISORIES FOR POHNPEI AND KOSRAE.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
LITTLE CHANGE...KEPT PARTLY CLOUDY THROUGHOUT THE FORECAST PERIOD
FOR BOTH PALAU AND YAP. LOW CONFIDENCE IN EXTENT OF SYSTEM OVER
EASTERN MICRONESIA LED TO A REVISED CHUUK FORECAST...TO REMOVE
MOSTLY CLOUDY CONDITIONS.

BY TUESDAY...HIGH SURF MAY ONCE AGAIN BE AN ISSUE AT CHUUK.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...HIGH SURF ADVISORY UNTIL 6 AM CHST TUESDAY FOR GUZ001>004.

MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

MIDDLEBROOKE/LEE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.