

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 08:27:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from hs-out-2122.google.com (hs-out-0708.google.com [64.233.178.251])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m140QxmT002646	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 04 Feb 2008 08:27:00 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by hs-out-2122.google.com with SMTP id 54so1981521hsz.1 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:26:58 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.201.3 with SMTP id y3mr256711wff.120.1202084817669; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 16:26:57 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs100530wfi; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 16:26:56 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.156.2 with SMTP id d2mr11353967qbe.54.1202084815625; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 16:26:55 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id q16si963692qbq.0.2008.02.03.16.26.53; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 16:26:55 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m13GVI7N004610; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 18:26:11 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14662648 for [email-masked]; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 18:26:11 -0600
Received: from relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (relay01.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.23])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m140QBPH014950 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 03 Feb 2008 18:26:11 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m140Q4Bf006259 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 03 Feb 2008 18:26:11 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m140Q47x021217 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 03 Feb 2008 18:26:04 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m140Q4mQ021216 for [email-masked]; Sun, 03 Feb 2008 18:26:04 -0600
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 18:26:04 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802030053
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__C230066_P2 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

554
ATHW40 PHFO 040025
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC MON FEB 04 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC FEBRUARY 04 2008

AN UPPER TROUGH PERSISTS JUST WEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS
AFTERNOON...WITH AN AXIS EXTENDING THROUGH 31N164W AND 20N168W.
ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS...CB...ARE INCREASING JUST EAST OF THE TROUGH
AXIS...NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 28N158W TO KAUAI TO 23N164W. BROKEN
TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS MARK THE EASTERN FLANK OF THE UPPER
TROUGH SOUTH AND EAST OF A LINE FROM 29N140W TO 29N150W TO MAUI TO
19N160W. THESE LAYERED CLOUDS COVER THE BIG ISLAND AND
MAUI...BLOCKING THE VIEW OF LOW CLOUDS THERE.

A 300 MILE WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS NORTH AND WEST OF A
LINE FROM 50N150W TO 45N160W TO 40N162W TO 30N168W TO 28N175W MARKS
A COLD FRONT FAR NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. CB PERSIST
NEAR THE LEADING EDGE OF THIS CLOUD BAND...MAINLY WITHIN 30 MILES OF
A LINE FROM 33N169W TO 28N178W. THAT PORTION OF THE CLOUD BAND SOUTH
OF 40N IS MOVING EAST AT ABOUT 30 MPH.

LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING ACROSS LOCAL HAWAIIAN WATERS TOWARDS THE
NORTHWEST AT 20 TO 25 MPH THIS AFTERNOON. WHILE VIEWS OF THE BIG
ISLAND AND MAUI ARE MOSTLY BLOCKED...COLD CONVECTIVE CLOUD TOPS ARE
NOTED ABOVE PUNA DISTRICT...EXTENDING JUST OFFSHORE TO THE EAST.
CONVECTIVE CLOUD TOPS AS COOL AS MINUS 52 DEGREES C ARE NOTED ACROSS
THE NORTHERN HALF OF KAUAI. OAHU HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS
ACROSS ITS EASTERN HALF. MOLOKAI HAS BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS ITS
EASTERN THIRD WITH SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ELSEWHERE...WHILE
LANAI APPEARS TO HAVE BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS MAUKA AREAS.
ADDITIONAL CB APPEAR TO BE FORMING OUTSIDE LOCAL WATERS TO THE
SOUTHWEST...WITHIN A 30 TO 60 MILE WIDE BAND FROM 110 MILES WEST OF
THE BIG ISLAND TO 90 MILES SOUTH OF KAUAI. ALL OF THIS ACTIVITY
APPEARS TO BE MOVING TOWARDS THE NORTHWEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH.

$$
POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.