

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 13:34:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.183])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0C5XhX7072090	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:34:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so2257045waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:34:02 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.47.6 with SMTP id u6mr2067464wfu.29.1200116042801; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 21:34:02 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs43064wfi; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 21:34:02 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.225.19 with SMTP id x19mr8580161ang.45.1200116041379; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 21:34:01 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id k3si5162632rog.8.2008.01.11.21.33.58; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 21:34:01 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0C2o96A023583; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 23:32:47 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14392825 for [email-masked]; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 23:32:47 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0C5WlUx026700 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:32:47 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0C5WfL3026412 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:32:47 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0C5WejP026328 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:32:40 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0C5WdGs026325 for [email-masked]; Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:32:39 -0600
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:32:39 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=7 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801110220
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

450
ATHW40 PHFO 120532
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SAT JAN 12 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 12 2008

CLOUD COVERAGE OVER THE ISLANDS VARIED FROM ISLAND TO ISLAND. MOST
OF KAUAI WAS CLOUD COVERED WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SOUTHWEST COASTAL
AREAS. LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO COVERING MOST OF OAHU WITH THE LEAST
AMOUNT OF LOW CLOUDS OVER SOUTHEAST SECTIONS. OVER ON MOLOKAI
PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE PRESENT OVER INTERIOR SECTIONS WHICH IS
ALSO THE CAST OVER LANAI. OVER ON MAUI LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER
THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF
THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER ON THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN
OVER PRETTY MUCH ALL THE LOWER AND MIDDLE SLOPES OF BOTH MAUNA KEA
AND MAUNA LOW WITH THE HIGH SUMMITS BEING CLOUD FREE. THERE ARE
PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS PASSING BY TO THE SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS IN THE
TRADE WIND FLOW. WHILE THE FLOW NORTH OF THE ISLANDS IS FROM THE
SOUTHEAST.

THE LEADING EDGE OF A NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTHWEST ORIENTED COLD
FRONT IS SEEN ABOUT 400 MILES TO THE NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE FRONT
IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST AT ABOUT 30 MPH AND CONSISTS MAINLY OF LOW
CLOUDS WITH DEEPER CONVECTION FAR TO THE NORTH OF THE STATE. BOTH IR
AND WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IS SHOWING A SWATH OF CIRRUS CLOUDS
STREAMING BY FAR TO THE NORTH NORTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.