

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 16:08:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from hs-out-2122.google.com (hs-out-0708.google.com [64.233.178.248])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m1487v8i011190	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:07:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by hs-out-2122.google.com with SMTP id 54so2100927hsz.1 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 00:07:57 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.108.14 with SMTP id g14mr3195550wfc.52.1202112476990; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 00:07:56 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs118602wfi; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 00:07:56 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.235.7 with SMTP id m7mr12205921qbr.50.1202112475727; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 00:07:55 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e14si5199977qba.28.2008.02.04.00.07.53; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 00:07:55 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m145FQ4t016819; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 02:06:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14669910 for [email-masked]; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 02:06:52 -0600
Received: from relay07.cites.uiuc.edu (relay07.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.73])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1486pb6006800 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 02:06:51 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay07.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1486jiI008216 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 02:06:51 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1486jgG002543 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 02:06:45 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m1486gOl002522 for [email-masked]; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 02:06:42 -0600
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 02:06:42 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=99 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802030069
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

343
FXPQ60 PGUM 040806
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
606 PM CHST MON FEB 4 2008

.SYNOPSIS...A WEAK TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE MOVED ACROSS THE ISLANDS
TODAY BRING SOME SHOWERS AND GUSTY WINDS.

&&

.DISCUSSION...LOOKING AT THE SATELLITE...PRONGED TRADE-WIND
DISTURBANCE JUST TO THE EAST OF THE MARIANAS TO PASS ACROSS THE
ISLANDS THIS EVENING. THERE IS ANOTHER SMALL DISTURBANCE NEAR
152E...BUT LEFT THIS OUT OF FORECAST AS IT LOOKS SMALL AND MAY NOT
MAKE IT. AFTER THE SHOWERS END TONIGHT MODELS KEEP US DRY...SO
ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE IN THE FORECAST TO THE END OF THE FORECAST
PERIOD. WHO KNOWS THOUGH IF WE WILL GET ANOTHER TRADE-WIND
DISTURBANCE OR TWO LIKE THE ONE THAT PASSED ACROSS THE ISLANDS
TODAY. THESE THINGS ARE TOO SMALL AND EPHEMERAL FOR THE MODELS TO
PICK UP ON.

WINDS STAY UNTIL WEDNESDAY AND DECREASE THEREAFTER. THIS DECREASE
IS VERY TEMPORARY AS MODELS AGREE ON BRINGING UP WINDS AGAIN BY
FRIDAY NIGHT. GFS STILL HAS A VIGOROUS TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE
PASSING SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS THIS WEEKEND. AT THE PRESENT TIME THIS
MODELS KEEPS IT SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS.

&&
.MARINE...
LITTLE CHANGE HERE AS THE NORTH SWELL AND EAST TRADE WIND SWELL
CONTINUE THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD. WW3 SHOWS TWO NORTHERLY
SWELLS LATER IN THE WEEK...BUT SINCE THESE WERE OF SIMILAR SIZE
AND PERIOD I AVERAGED THE DIRECTION AND SWELL.

&&

.FIRE WEATHER...
FIRE POTENTIAL IS STILL EXTREME WITH THE KDBI WELL ABOVE 600. WE
DID HAVE A RED FLAG WARNING OUT TODAY. IT IS EXPECTED TO BE DRY
AGAIN TOMORROW...BUT WITH RECENT RAINSHOWERS THAT MOVED ACROSS
THE ISLAND TOMORROWS RED FLAG WILL HAVE TO BE EVALUATED LATER ON.
THE FIRE WEATHER WATCH MAY BE DROPPED EARLY IF THE RAINS APPEAR TO
HAVE DECREASED THE FIRE DANGER. IN ANY EVENT THIS RESPITE WILL ONLY
BE TEMPORARY AS THE WINDS WILL INCREASE LATER IN THE WEEK AND
CONDITIONS WILL REMAIN DRY.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
AIDED BY LIMITED DIFFLUENT FLOW AT THE UPPER LEVEL...TRADE
CONVERGENCE INDUCED SHOWERS MIGHT ACCOMPANY BY A THUNDER OR TWO OVER
POHNPEI TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY. SHOWERS OVER KOSRAE WILL BEGIN TO EASE
A LITTLE TUESDAY MORNING AS BACK EDGE OF THE TRADE DISTURBANCE
PUSHES WESTWARD. HOWEVER ANOTHER AREA OF TRADE CONVERGENCE IS MOVING
INTO SOUTHERN MARSHALL ISLANDS THIS EVENING AND WILL PROVIDE MORE
RAIN FOR BOTH ISLANDS WEDNESDAY INTO FRIDAY. DESPITE SOME SHOWERS
FOR TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT...MAJURO WILL ESCAPE THE BRUNT OF THIS
SYSTEM BY BEING NORTH OF THE CONVERGENCE.

MODEL STILL POINTING AT HIGH SURF ADVISORY FOR POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND
MAJURO THRU WEDNESDAY. MADE MINOR ADJUSTMENTS ON SURF HEIGHTS BASED
ON THE LATEST OUTPUT.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
UPPER-LEVEL DIFFLUENCE HAS BEEN FIRING UP CONVECTION JUST SOUTH OF
KOROR THE WHOLE DAY AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO TONIGHT. THINGS WILL
IMPROVE A BIT TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY AS TRADE CONVERGENCE WEAKENS A
LITTLE. THE TRADE DISTURBANCE SOUTH OF CHUUK WILL BE APPROACHING
JUST SOUTH OF KOROR BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT. WITH UPPER-LEVEL HIGH SILL
SUPPORTING DIFFLUENT FLOW ALOFT...ANOTHER ROUND OF CONVECTION IS
LIKELY. IT IS QUESTIONABLE AT THIS POINT IF YAP GOING TO BE DIRECTLY
AFFECTED BY THIS SYSTEM. MODELS ARE NOT LEANING TOWARD THIS SOLUTION
YET BUT WILL LEAVE SCATTERED SHOWERS FROM PREVIOUS FORECAST.

A LINE OF INTENSE SHOWERS IS MARCHING TOWARD CHUUK THIS EVENING.
UPPER-LEVEL DIFFLUENCE WILL ALSO SHIFT TOWARD CHUUK BY LATE
TONIGHT...INCREASING THE CHANCE FOR THUNDERSTORMS. CONDITIONS ARE
EXPECTED TO QUIET DOWN BY WEDNESDAY AS THE CONVERGENCE ZONE SHIFTS
SOUTHWARD. GFS ARE BLOWING UP A TRADE DISTURBANCE OVER CHUUK ON
THURSDAY EVENING. SEEMS UNREALISTIC FOR THIS TO HAPPEN EVEN WITH
UPPER DIVERGENCE IN THE VICINITY.

LATEST WW3 NO LONGER SUPPORTS HAZARDOUS SURF HEIGHTS FOR
CHUUK...PALAU AND YAP TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY EVENING. WILL KEEP
MONITORING DATA FOR THE NEXT 12 HOURS.

&&

.
.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...RED FLAG WARNING UNTIL 6 PM CHST THIS AFTERNOON FOR GUZ001.

FIRE WEATHER WATCH THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON FOR GUZ001.

MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

ZIOBRO/CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.