

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 16:00:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.179])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0B7wpMD004816	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:59:39 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so1645467waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:59:38 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.161.3 with SMTP id n3mr1484241wfo.32.1200038378666; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 23:59:38 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs4771wfi; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 23:59:37 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.231.16 with SMTP id d16mr6239952anh.64.1200038376273; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 23:59:36 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id a16si3737195rof.3.2008.01.10.23.59.33; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 23:59:36 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0ANqLnB020758; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 01:58:28 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14382054 for [email-masked]; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 01:58:28 -0600
Received: from relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (relay05.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.40])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0B7wSeU017176 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:58:28 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0B7wLD4022090 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:58:27 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0B7wLGk019126 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:58:21 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0B7wLqg019125 for [email-masked]; Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:58:21 -0600
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:58:21 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=79 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801100218
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __NET_FUR_RDNS_TIMEOUT , __SANE_MSGID 0,
__cbl.abuseat.org_TIMEOUT , __dnsbl.njabl.org_TIMEOUT ,
__pbl.spamhaus.org_TIMEOUT , __sbl.spamhaus.org_TIMEOUT '

127
FXPQ60 PGUM 110758
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
558 PM CHST FRI JAN 11 2008

.SYNOPSIS...ONLY A FEW SMALL TRADE-WIND SHOWERS WERE VISIBLE ON
RADAR THIS AFTERNOON AS DRY AIR MOVED ACROSS THE MARIANAS. MODERATE
TO FRESH TRADE WINDS AND A FEW WIND GUSTS IN THE 20 TO 30 KNOT
RANGE WERE OBSERVED.

&&

.DISCUSSION...LITTLE CHANGE TO THE CURRENT FORECAST. MODERATE TO
FRESH NORTHEAST TRADE-WINDS WILL PREVAIL THROUGH THE FORECAST.
LITTLE IN THE WAY PRECIPITATION EXPECTED ALSO. EARLIER FORECAST
HAD SOME CLOUDS ON SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT. THE GFS AND UKMET HINT
AT THE POSSIBILITY OF SOME CLOUDS DURING THIS TIME SO LEFT THEM IN.
NGPS AND ECMWF HAD SOME CLOUDS SATURDAY BUT FELT IT WAS NOT STRONG
ENOUGH OF A PATTERN TO PUT IN.

&&

.MARINE...THIS FORECAST WAS BASICALLY LEFT AS IS. EASTERLY SWELL
AND TRADE-WIND INDUCED WIND WAVES DOMINATE THE FORECAST. BY
SATURDAY A SECONDARY NORTHERLY SWELL PUSHES THROUGH THE MARIANAS.
NONE OF THESE SWELLS APPEAR LARGE ENOUGH AT THIS TIME TO GENERATE
HAZARDOUS SURF. COMBINED SEAS REACH 10 FEET BY TUESDAY AND AS A
RESULT A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY MAY BE NEEDED BY MID-WEEK.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
THE EXACT POSITIONING OF THE NARROW BAND OF STRONG TRADE-WIND
CONVERGENCE WILL BE KEY FOR FOR THE AMOUNT OF RAINFALL EXPECTED
FOR EACH PARTICULAR ISLAND DURING THIS FORECAST PERIOD. ALL
MODELS...AS WELL AS THE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND WIND DATA...SHOW THE
EXISTENCE OF THIS STRONG BAND. HOWEVER...A SLIGHT PUSH NORTH OR
SOUTH MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE AS THE WEATHER TENDS TO DRY OUT FAIRLY
QUICKLY IN THIS TRADE-WIND REGIME THE FURTHER ONE GETS AWAY FROM THE
CONVERGENCE ZONE.  THE MODELS...SUCH AS GFS...NOGAPS...UKMET...AND
ECMWF ALL HAVE A SLIGHT VARIATION IN THIS POSITIONING...THUS LITTLE
AGREEMENT FOR ANY SPECIFIC ISLAND FORECAST.  IN GENERAL...I TRIED
NOT TO CHANGE EXISTING FORECAST TOO MUCH WITH THIS LOW CONFIDENCE
SCENARIO...EXCEPT FOR THE NEAR TERM PORTION OF THE FORECAST. A CASE
IN POINT IS FOR MAJURO WHERE THE WEATHER SEEMS TO HAVE REPOSITIONED
FURTHER TO THE SOUTH DURING THE DAY.

AS DISCUSSED IN THE PREVIOUS AFD...HIGH SURF IS EXPECTED TO REACH
ALL THREE ISLANDS DURING THE UPCOMING WEEKEND.  ALTHOUGH THE LATEST
WW3 MODELS ONLY SHOW THE 8 FOOT HIGH SURF CRITERIA REACHING KOSRAE
BY TONIGHT...IT IS LIKELY THAT 12 FOOT CRITERIA FOR MAJURO AND
POHNPEI ARE STILL ABOUT 24 TO 36 HOURS AWAY. TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION
ON THE TIMING AND THE EVENTUAL EXISTENCE OF THIS EVENT...I LEFT
THE ADVISORY UNCHANGED.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
LITTLE CHANGE FROM THE PREVIOUS FORECAST. FAIR WEATHER WILL PREVAIL
ACROSS CHUUK STATE TONIGHT THROUGH THE WEEKEND. AFTER THIS THE
PARTICULARITY OF THE SPECIFIC FORECAST WILL ALSO DEPEND UPON THE
EXACT POSITIONING OF THE AFOREMENTIONED NARROW TRADE-WIND
CONVERGENCE ZONE. CURRENT WEATHER OVER YAP AND PALAU IS EXPECTED TO
CONTINUE TO PUSH FURTHER TO THE WEST AND SOUTH OVER THE NEXT COUPLE
OF DAYS...BRINGING AT LEAST A SHORT PERIOD OF FAIR WEATHER. DURING
THE PAST 24 HOURS...MODERATE TO HEAVY RAINFALL IN EXCESS OF TWO
INCHES WAS REPORTED PRIMARILY DUE TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE.

AS DISCUSSED IN THE PREVIOUS AFD...COMBINED SEAS STAY IN THE 7 TO 9
FOOT RANGE FOR MOST AREAS THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD. THE EXCEPTION
IS CHUUK STATE. SEAS WILL RISE TO NEAR 10 FEET BY SUNDAY. BY THIS
TIME...HIGH SURF IS EXPECTED TO HAVE REACHED THESE ISLANDS.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

ZIOBRO/EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.