

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 15:50:03 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.179])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0O7nvVW032432	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:50:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so155689pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Jan 2008 23:50:01 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.245.10 with SMTP id s10mr91645wfh.186.1201160999055; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 23:49:59 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs525911wfi; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 23:49:58 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.139.9 with SMTP id r9mr827080qbn.32.1201160997732; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 23:49:57 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id d12si358069qbc.3.2008.01.23.23.49.54; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 23:49:57 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0NL7nNg021329; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 01:48:40 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14523003 for [email-masked]; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 01:48:40 -0600
Received: from relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (relay3.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.121])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0O7meIs004168 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:48:40 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0O7mYx9009097 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:48:40 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0O7mXRb010212 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:48:33 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0O7mXUb010211 for [email-masked]; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:48:33 -0600
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:48:33 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801230192
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

429
FXPQ60 PGUM 240748
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
548 PM CHST THU JAN 24 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
PGUA WSR-88D RADAR SHOWS ALMOST NO SHOWER ACTIVITY IN THE AREA OF
THE MARIANAS. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS JUST ONE
MORE MAJOR LINE OF CLOUDS CURRENTLY PUSHING SOUTH OF ROTA.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
SATELLITE AND RADAR SHOW A RATHER CLEAR EVENING IN STORE TONIGHT.
MODELS CURRENTLY EXPECT THE CLOUDINESS TO INCREASE BEGINNING FRIDAY
NIGHT...DUE TO THE NEAR APPROACH OF A SHEAR LINE IN THE NORTHERN
MARIANAS. CURRENT IR IMAGERY SEEMS TO SHOW THIS ROUND OF COLD AIR
HAS LOST MOST OF ITS SOUTHWARD PUSH...BUT SINCE THE FORECAST IS
WORDED MAINLY FOR INCREASED CLOUDS WITH NO SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN
RAIN...LEFT IT ALONE AT THIS TIME. JUST REFRESHED THE WINDS SINCE
THEY SEEMED TO HAVE INCREASED A LITTLE AND IT WAS A BIT WINDY LAST
NIGHT AT LEAST IN THE EVENING.

&&

.MARINE...
NORTH SWELL ARRIVING SOON WILL MOST LIKELY RESULT IN A HIGH SURF
ADVISORY ON NORTH FACING REEFS. WHEN THIS IS COMBINED WITH WIND
WAVES THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE IT WILL ALSO RESULT IN A SMALL CRAFT
ADVISORY FOR HAZARDOUS SEAS. SOMETHING FOR THE MARINERS TO KEEP
IN MIND IF THEY ARE PLANNING TRAVEL FOR THIS WEEKEND.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
EXCEPT FOR SOME HIGH-LEVEL CLOUDINESS AND SOME VERY ISOLATED
SHOWERS...MOST ISLANDS IN THIS REGION WILL BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF
A BREEZY AND DRYING TRADE WIND REGIME. MODELS SHOW VERY LITTLE IN
THE OUTLOOK. ON THE OTHER HAND...WW3 SUGGESTS THAT THE SURF SHOULD BE
BACK UP TO HAZARDOUS LEVELS BY EARLY NEXT WEEK.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
WITH THE NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH HUGGING THE EQUATOR THIS WEEK...
WEATHER SHOULD CONTINUE TO BE MOSTLY DRY NORTH OF 5N...WITH THE
EXCEPTION OF SOME HIGH CLOUDINESS FOR PALAU AND CHUUK. ISOLATED
SHOWERS REMAIN A GOOD POSSIBILITY TOMORROW FOR THESE TWO ISLANDS AS WELL.

SURF  AT CHUUK HAS WEAKENED BELOW HIGH SURF CRITERIA THIS
AFTERNOON...BASED ON BOTH VERSIONS OF THE WW3 MODEL...HOWEVER EXPECT
A NEW SURGE AS WITH POHNPEI BY EARLY NEXT WEEK. WAVE MODEL INDICATES
THAT HAZARDOUS SURF SHOULD PERSIST THROUGH SATURDAY FOR YAP AND OR
SUNDAY PALAU ON NORTHEASTERN AND EASTERN FACING REEFS.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

STANKO/EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.