

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
07 Feb 2008 04:09:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from el-out-1112.google.com (el-out-1112.google.com [209.85.162.181])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m16K8xwJ055301	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 07 Feb 2008 04:09:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by el-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id r23so1204164elf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 06 Feb 2008 12:09:14 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.172.12 with SMTP id u12mr5628483wfe.195.1202328553685; Wed,
06 Feb 2008 12:09:13 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.161.6 with SMTP id n6cs487974wfo; Wed,
06 Feb 2008 12:09:13 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.185.7 with SMTP id i7mr19560660qbf.69.1202328552675; Wed,
06 Feb 2008 12:09:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e16si8630390qba.30.2008.02.06.12.09.10; Wed,
06 Feb 2008 12:09:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m16FUxxv009237; Wed,
06 Feb 2008 14:04:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14722369 for [email-masked]; Wed,
06 Feb 2008 14:04:49 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m16K4ncY011986 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:04:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m16K4gZT020870 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:04:48 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m16K4gqa003870 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:04:42 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m16K4g7P003869 for [email-masked]; Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:04:42 -0600
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:04:42 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=65 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802060066
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

366
FXPQ60 PGUM 062004
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
604 AM CHST THU FEB 7 2008

.SYNOPSIS...ONLY A FEW SHOWERS COULD BE SEEN ON RADAR THIS
MORNING. A BAND OF HIGH CLOUDS COVERED THE MARIANAS.

&&

.DISCUSSION...LITTLE CHANGE TO FORECAST AS NEW MODEL RUNS AGREE
WITH CURRENT FORECAST PACKAGE. MODELS SHOW WINDS DECREASING
THROUGH THE DAY REACHING A MINIMUM THIS AFTERNOON. WINDS GRADUALLY
INCREASE TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY REACHING A PEAK OVER THE WEEKEND.

MODELS KEEP THE WEATHER DRY THROUGH MUCH OF THE FORECAST AND THIS
LOOKS REASONABLE. GFS DOES HINT AT A SHEAR LINE COMING DOWN INTO
THE LOWER MARIANAS LATE TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY. WILL HAVE TO WAIT
AND SEE ABOUT THAT AS MODELS ARE POOR WITH SHEAR LINE PREDICTION.

BACK TO THE DRY WEATHER. WITH LITTLE RAIN LIKELY...UNLESS WE GET
A STRAY SHOWER...A RED FLAG WARNING MAY BE NEEDED SOMETIME DURING
THE NEXT WEEK ALTHOUGH WINDS MAY NOT SATISFY CRITERIA.

&&
.MARINE...
LITTLE CHANGE HERE WITH THE SAME NORTH SWELL AND EASTERLY TRADE-
WIND SWELL REFLECTED IN THE FORECAST. ONLY MODERATE RIP CURRENT
RISK EXPECTED. NONE OF THE MODELS TAKE US INTO HIGH SURF CRITERIA.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
MADE FEW ADJUSTMENTS TO INHERITED FORECAST. FORECAST FOR MAJURO
TODAY IS LOW CONFIDENCE...WITH MAJURO AT BEST ON THE NORTHERN EDGE
OF THE TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE. HIGH SURF EVENT IS STILL PROCEEDING
ON KOSRAE AND MAJURO. PEAK HEIGHTS FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY HAVE
TRENDED UPWARD ON KOSRAE. RETURN OF HIGH SURF ON POHNPEI HAS TRENDED
LATER...WITH WAVE WATCH SUGGESTING FRIDAY NIGHT OR EVEN SATURDAY.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
NO HIGH SURF EVENTS FORESEEN. HAVE TWEAKED WINDS ON KOROR TODAY DUE
TO PROXIMITY OF MONSOON TROUGH/CIRCULATION TO THE EAST. SHORT TERM
WEATHER ON YAP LOOKS DRIER...WITH SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALING ONLY
SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS AND A CANOPY OF CIRRUS. TRADE DISTURBANCE STILL
SHOULD ARRIVE OVER CHUUK TONIGHT. ECMWF AND GFS BOTH SUGGEST
DISTURBANCE SOUTHEAST OF CHUUK WILL AFFECT WEATHER ON KOROR AND YAP
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY...BUT HAVE MAINTAINED CURRENT FORECAST CALLING
FOR MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES AND ISOLATED SHOWERS FOR NOW DUE TI THE
SMALL SIZE OF THIS SYSTEM.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

ZIOBRO/MCELROY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.