

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 20:01:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wx-out-0506.google.com (wx-out-0506.google.com [66.249.82.226])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m11C1Jje006543	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:01:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wx-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id h26so1021812wxd.22 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 01 Feb 2008 04:01:19 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.212.19 with SMTP id k19mr2040640wfg.224.1201867278566; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 04:01:18 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs150753wfi; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 04:01:17 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.211.16 with SMTP id n16mr5215402qbq.86.1201867276653; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 04:01:16 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e19si1993262qba.13.2008.02.01.04.01.13; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 04:01:16 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m113MT81004610; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 06:00:40 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14632524 for [email-masked]; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 06:00:40 -0600
Received: from relay07.cites.uiuc.edu (relay07.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.73])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m11C0eVb021131 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 01 Feb 2008 06:00:40 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay07.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m11C0X8b029871 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 01 Feb 2008 06:00:40 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m11C0XHV023734 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 01 Feb 2008 06:00:33 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m11C0LfJ023613 for [email-masked]; Fri, 01 Feb 2008 06:00:21 -0600
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 06:00:21 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802010012
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

019
ATHW40 PHFO 011200
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC FRI FEB 01 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC FEBRUARY 01 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AND GFS MODEL OUTPUT INDICATE A JET STREAM
FLOWING ALONG A LINE FROM 12N170W TO 18N160W TO JUST OVER THE BIG
ISLAND TO 23N140W.  THE JET IS CARRYING VARYING AMOUNTS OF HIGH
LEVEL CIRRUS FROM THE DEEP TROPICS OVER THE STATE FROM OAHU TO THE
BIG ISLAND.  THESE ELEMENTS ARE PART OF A LARGER AREA OF CLOUDINESS
THAT EXTENDS FAR TO THE SOUTH OF THE ALOHA STATE.  THE JET IS
ASSOCIATED WITH AN UPPER TROUGH THAT EXISTS OVER THE CENTRAL NORTH
PACIFIC...WHOSE EAST/NORTHEAST-TO-WEST/SOUTHWEST ORIENTED AXIS IS
ROUGHLY ALONG A LINE FROM 30N143W TO A LOW NEAR 26N150W TO 26N160W
TO 22N170W.  THE TROUGH IS NEARLY STATIONARY...WHILE THE LOW
EMBEDDED WITHIN THE TROUGH APPEARS TO BE MOVING TOWARD THE EAST/
NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.

AS WAS THE CASE LAST EVENING...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITH
ACCOMPANYING SHOWERS ARE CONCENTRATED IN WINDWARD COASTAL...MAUKA
AND WINDWARD UPSLOPE SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  RADAR AND
SATELLITE DATA SHOW WINDWARD AREAS OF THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI HAVE
BEEN SEEING THE MOST SHOWER ACTIVITY OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS...
THOUGH NO ISLAND HAS BEEN TOTALLY PRECIPITATION FREE.  BROKEN LOW
CLOUDINESS AND SHOWERS HAVE BEEN IMPACTING LEEWARD PORTIONS OF THE
SMALLER ISLES AND WEST MAUI FROM TIME TO TIME AS WELL.  BELOW THE
HIGH CLOUDS...RADAR RETURNS SHOW LITTLE IN THE WAY OF LOW CLOUDS OR
SHOWERS IN LEEWARD AREAS OF EAST MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND AS OF
BULLETIN TIME.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST/NORTHEAST
STATEWIDE...NEAR 25 MPH JUST UPWIND OF THE BIG ISLAND AND RISING TO
OVER 35 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

SCATTERED TO OCCASIONALLY BROKEN...ENHANCED...SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS ARE
THE RULE UPWIND OF THE STATE.  HIGH CLOUDS ARE PRODUCING CEILINGS
SOUTH OF HAWAII FROM OAHU TO THE BIG ISLAND...THOUGH RADAR DATA
INDICATE ONLY VERY ISOLATED SHOWERS SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF ALL THE
ISLANDS...INCLUDING KAUAI...THUS IMPLYING CLEAR TO SCATTERED
CONDITIONS BELOW THE HIGHER CLOUDS.

SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO IGNITE FAR SOUTH OF
THE ALOHA STATE ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...ITCZ.
MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS FOUND FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 150W AND
178W. MUCH OF THE HIGH CLOUDINESS AFFECTING THE ISLANDS THIS EARLY
MORNING IS DEBRIS FROM THE THUNDERSTORMS OCCURRING WELL SOUTH AND
SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS ALONG THE ITCZ.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.