

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 03:53:05 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wr-out-0506.google.com (wr-out-0506.google.com [64.233.184.239])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m1FJr2oI056404	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 16 Feb 2008 03:53:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wr-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id 70so1299638wra.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:53:01 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.232.20 with SMTP id e20mr2602148wfh.187.1203105181355; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 11:53:01 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.161.6 with SMTP id n6cs142102wfo; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 11:53:01 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.114.11 with SMTP id r11mr4835215qbm.72.1203105179630; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 11:52:59 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e16si3887143qba.30.2008.02.15.11.52.57; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 11:52:59 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1FE5Xxw009237; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 13:51:58 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14863330 for [email-masked]; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 13:51:58 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1FJpwgl007724 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:51:58 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1FJpptL017173 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:51:57 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1FJppPk009524 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:51:51 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m1FJppkM009523 for [email-masked]; Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:51:51 -0600
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:51:51 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=97 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802150070
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

156
FXPQ60 PGUM 151951
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
551 AM CHST SAT FEB 16 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
PGUA WSR-88D SHOWS A FINE LINE OF SHOWERS BETWEEN ROTA AND TINIAN
ASSOCIATED WITH THE SHEAR LINE CURRENTLY RUNNING THROUGH THE
MARIANAS. SOME OF THE SHOWERS ON THE SOUTHERN EDGE OF THE LINE MAY
DROP A SMALL AMOUNT OF RAIN ON ROTA TODAY.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
WITH THE SHEAR LINE HAVING SPENT MUCH OF ITS ENERGY AT THIS
TIME...WEATHER SHOULD BE A BIT DRIER TODAY. IT IS WORTH NOTING
THAT THE GFS40 RE-INVIGORATES IT THIS WEEK...BRINGING DOWN ANOTHER
SURGE OF 25 TO 30 KNOT TRADE WINDS BEHIND IT. ANOTHER PUSH OF COLD
AIR IS PROGGED TO MOVE OFF THE COAST OF JAPAN SO THIS DOES SEEM
REASONABLE. MAIN IMPACT SHOULD STAY NORTH OF SAIPAN HOWEVER.

&&

.MARINE...
SLOWLY DECREASING SWELLS AND WIND WAVES WILL ALLOW THE SMALL CRAFT
ADVISORY TO EXPIRE. BUOY 121 HAS DROPPED A FOOT OVER THE LAST 24
HOURS. JUST ENOUGH SWELL ENERGY WILL REMAIN OVER THE NEXT 24 TO
36 HOURS TO KEEP THE HIGH SURF ADVISORY ALIVE. AN INCREASE IN WIND
WAVES COULD RESURRECT THE SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY DURING THE TUESDAY
AND WEDNESDAY TIME FRAME...BUT WILL LEAVE THAT DETERMINATION FOR
FUTURE TEAMS.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
CONVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS CREATING
SHOWER ACTIVITY OVER THE SOUTHERN MARSHALL ISLANDS AND KOSRAE TODAY.
AIDED BY A WEAK UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH IN THE VICINITY...A FEW COLD
CLOUD TOPS HAVE BEEN VISIBLE ON INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY.
THEREFORE A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS CANNOT BE RULED OUT FROM
THE FORECAST. BEING NORTH OF THE CONVERGENCE ZONE POHNPEI WILL ENJOY
FAIR WEATHER UNTIL SUNDAY AFTERNOON. AS CONDITIONS FINALLY IMPROVE
OVER MAJURO AND KOSRAE SUNDAY EVENING...INCLEMENT WEATHER IS
EXPECTED TO SPREAD OVER POHNPEI AND LAST THRU MONDAY. DRY TRADE
PATTERN WILL RETURN ACROSS THE ENTIRE AREA BY TUESDAY.

LATEST ALTIMETRY HAS DETECTED LARGE LONG PERIOD NNW SWELLS ASSOCIATED
WITH A SHEAR LINE TO BE NEAR 15N. WW3 MODEL GUIDANCE PREDICTS THE
ARRIVAL TIME OF THESE SWELLS ON CHUUK AND POHNPEI BY EARLY SUNDAY
MORNING...AND KOSRAE BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON. TO GIVE ISLAND RESIDENTS 6
TO 12 HOURS LEAD TIME...A HIGH SURF ADVISORY WILL BE NEEDED FOR
THESE ISLANDS BY 300 PM CHST THIS AFTERNOON.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
CURRENT FORECAST IS VERY SIMILAR TO THE PREVIOUS ONE. A SURFACE
TROUGH PASSING THRU WILL PROVIDE SOME CLOUDINESS OVER YAP TODAY AND
PALAU FOR TONIGHT. EARLIER CONCERN OF SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER YAP IS
NO LONGER A THREAT SINCE MODERATE CONVECTION EAST OF YAP HAS
DISSIPATED OVERNIGHT. CHUUK WILL REMAIN UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF
NORTHEASTERLY TRADES THRU EARLY NEXT WEEK.

LARGE LONG PERIOD NNE SWELLS GENERATED BY THE SAME SHEAR LINE
MENTIONED ABOVE MIGHT BRING HIGH SURF ADVISORY EVENT FOR PALAU AND
YAP STARTING MONDAY EVENING.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...HIGH SURF ADVISORY UNTIL MIDNIGHT CHST SUNDAY NIGHT FOR
GUZ001>004.

MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.

&&

$$

STANKO/CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.