

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 04:00:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from el-out-1112.google.com (el-out-1112.google.com [209.85.162.179])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m17K0g0m058885	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 08 Feb 2008 04:00:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by el-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id r23so1445828elf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 07 Feb 2008 12:00:42 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.112.5 with SMTP id k5mr6553682wfc.57.1202414441633; Thu,
07 Feb 2008 12:00:41 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.161.6 with SMTP id n6cs620181wfo; Thu,
07 Feb 2008 12:00:40 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.82.184.2 with SMTP id h2mr21279508buf.22.1202414438982; Thu,
07 Feb 2008 12:00:38 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id g11si14448206gve.6.2008.02.07.12.00.33; Thu,
07 Feb 2008 12:00:38 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m17JhPjX009237; Thu,
07 Feb 2008 13:54:39 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14741220 for [email-masked]; Thu,
07 Feb 2008 13:54:39 -0600
Received: from relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (relay7.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.108])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m17Jsd5K006863 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:54:39 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m17JsWVm017481 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:54:38 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m17JsWjG013773 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:54:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m17JsWnI013766 for [email-masked]; Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:54:32 -0600
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:54:32 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802070056
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __FRAUD_419_LOC 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

676
FXPQ60 PGUM 071954 CCA
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
550 AM CHST FRI FEB 8 2008

CORRECTED FOR FORMATTER ERROR

.SYNOPSIS...
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS RAGGED REMAINS OF AN OLD SHEAR LINE
TRICKLING THROUGH THE MARIANAS. RADAR IMAGERY SHOWS JUST ENOUGH
SHOWER COVERAGE TO JUSTIFY ISOLATED SHOWER COVERAGE IN THE GRIDS.
SATELLITE IMAGERY ALSO SUGGESTS CLOUD COVERAGE WILL STILL BE
SCATTERED TODAY. RIDGE HAS REBUILT NORTH OF THE FORECAST ZONES AND
ANATAHAN...SO THE VOG PLUME FROM THE VOLCANO IS TRAILING OFF TO THE
WEST-SOUTHWEST INTO THE PHILIPPINE SEA.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
NO CHANGES TO THE FORECAST PHILOSOPHY. LEFT FORECAST GRIDS INTACT
WHILE REFRESHING WIND AND DEW POINT GRIDS THROUGH DAY 5. USED 35
PERCENT GUST FACTOR AND 5 KT GUST DIFFERENTIAL FOR ALL THE WIND
GRIDS. FORECASTER LOOKS RELATIVELY DRY WITH RIDGING IN CONTROL. ONLY
ITEM ON THE HORIZON...GFS LONG RANGE GUIDANCE HINTS AT A SHEAR LINE
SAGGING IN FROM THE NORTH NEXT FRIDAY. WILL PASS ON ANY RESPECTIVE
GRID EDITS AT THIS TIME.

&&

.MARINE/SURF...
BENIGN MARINE CONDITIONS ARE IN STORE FOR THE NEAR TERM...WITH
MODERATE RIP CURRENT RISK IN STORE FOR NORTH AND EAST FACING REEFS.
SWELL GRIDS IN GOOD SHAPE WITH NEXT HIGH SURF EVENT FOR NORTH FACING
REEFS STILL SCHEDULED TO BEGIN LATE TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
TRADE-WIND REGIME WILL PERSIST OVER THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS.
CONVERGENT TRADE-WINDS ACROSS MAJURO...KOSRAE AND POHNPEI ARE
FAVORABLY IN-SYNC WITH A FEW UPPER-LEVEL TROUGHS THAT MAY ENHANCE
INCREASING SHOWER ACTIVITY AND THUNDERSTORMS NEAR KOSRAE AND
POHNPEI WITHIN 12 TO 24 HOURS. MAJURO WILL BE UNDER MOSTLY
PLEASANT CONDITIONS DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD. HAZARDOUS SURF
HEIGHTS ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN NEAR ADVISORY LEVELS FOR KOSRAE
AND MAJURO OVER THE NEXT 36 HOURS. LATEST WAVE WATCH MODEL DATA
SUGGEST SURF HEIGHTS GENERATED BY TRADE-WIND SWELLS AND WAVES
ALONG EAST-FACING EXPOSURES OF POHNPEI WILL REMAIN BELOW ADVISORY
LEVELS DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
GFS KEEPS A WEAK CIRCULATION SOUTH OF KOROR MOVING WESTWARD IN
THE NEXT 12 TO 36 HOURS. INCREASING SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE
EXPECTED TO MOVE ACROSS KOROR AS EARLY AS TONIGHT...THEN PERSIST
THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT. A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE WEST OF CHUUK IS
EXPECTED TO REACH YAP BY SUNDAY. OVERALL...IT WILL BE WET AND
BREEZY DURING THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS BEFORE CONDITIONS IMPROVE
EARLY NEXT WEEK.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

MCELROY/BAQUI

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.