

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 13:00:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wx-out-0506.google.com (wx-out-0506.google.com [66.249.82.230])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m1150u3F076293	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:00:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wx-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id h26so947160wxd.22 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:00:56 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.231.7 with SMTP id d7mr1844314wfh.130.1201842055327; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 21:00:55 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs124215wfi; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 21:00:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.112.6 with SMTP id k6mr6313168anc.110.1201842053521; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 21:00:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id d25si4945007and.2.2008.01.31.21.00.50; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 21:00:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m113MTqj004610; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 23:00:15 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14628784 for [email-masked]; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 23:00:15 -0600
Received: from relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (relay01.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.23])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1150F1O005995 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:00:15 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m11508i4006405 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:00:14 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m11508Sv004695 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:00:08 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m11508K7004694 for [email-masked]; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:00:08 -0600
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:00:08 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=4 adultscore=1
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0801310090
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

129
ATHW40 PHFO 010500
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI FEB 01 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC FEBRUARY 01 2008

LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE THIS EVENING IS FROM THE
EAST/NORTHEAST AT 25 TO 30 MPH.  WITH THIS TRADE FLOW...LOW CEILINGS
AND ANY ACCOMPANYING SHOWERS ARE MAINLY LOCATED OVER WINDWARD
COASTAL...MAUKA AND WINDWARD UPSLOPE SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL
ISLES.  THE STRENGTH OF THE LOW LEVEL WINDS IS ENOUGH TO CARRY
OCCASIONAL BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS AND SHOWERS INTO LEEWARD AREAS OF
THE SMALLER ISLES AND WEST MAUI AS WELL.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO
EVIDENT OVER UPSLOPE PORTIONS OF KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND...AND TO A
LESSER EXTENT THE LEEWARD KOHALA SLOPES.

IMMEDIATELY UPWIND OF THE ISLANDS AS OF BULLETIN TIME ARE SCATTERED
TO OCCASIONALLY BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS.  SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY
CLEAR TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

IN THE UPPER AIR...WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A LOW APPROXIMATELY 450
MILES NORTHEAST OF HILO AND MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 15
MPH.  IT HAS BEEN THIS FEATURE...ALONG WITH ITS COMPANION TROUGH...
THAT HAS BEEN ENHANCING THE TRADE SHOWERS OVER THE PAST SEVERAL
DAYS.  A JET STREAM...ORIGINATING FAR TO THE SOUTHWEST OF THE UPPER
LOW...IS FLOWING ALONG A LINE FROM 10N174W TO 19N160W TO JUST OVER
THE BIG ISLAND TO 24N140W.  THE JET THEN CONTINUES ON TOWARD THE
EAST/NORTHEAST.  IT HAS BEEN TRANSPORTING WISPS OF HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS
OVER THE BIG ISLAND...WITH THE MOST CONCENTRATED CLOUDINESS BEING
FARTHER TO THE SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLE.

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING ALONG THE
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE
CONVECTION IS FOUND WITHIN 140 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM
07.5N150.5W TO 09.5N162.5W TO 05N178W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.