

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 20:43:21 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from rv-out-0910.google.com (rv-out-0910.google.com [209.85.198.190])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0QChGh4028952	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:43:20 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by rv-out-0910.google.com with SMTP id c24so831781rvf.37 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 04:43:16 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.177.7 with SMTP id z7mr1733069wfe.47.1201351396240; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 04:43:16 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs86876wfi; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 04:43:16 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.214.2 with SMTP id r2mr6768499qbq.2.1201351395107; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 04:43:15 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id q13si2839962qbq.8.2008.01.26.04.43.12; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 04:43:15 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0PMHhuR009237; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 06:42:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14548969 for [email-masked]; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 06:42:45 -0600
Received: from relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (relay05.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.40])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0QCgjsd022922 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 06:42:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0QCgdkQ027651 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 06:42:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0QCgcw8003052 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 06:42:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0QCgcil003051 for [email-masked]; Sat, 26 Jan 2008 06:42:38 -0600
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 06:42:38 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801260011
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

470
ATHW40 PHFO 261242
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SAT JAN 26 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 26 2008

A NARROW BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS CONTINUES TO MOVE OVER THE MAIN
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM THE EAST...WHILE A SWATH OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS
PASSES OVER FROM THE WEST. THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE OBSCURING THE
DETAILS OF THE BAND OVER LAND EXCEPT ACROSS WINDWARD BIG ISLAND...
WHERE BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS RISE TO 19 KFT. THE 75 MILE-WIDE BAND
EXTENDS OFF TO THE EAST SOUTHEAST FROM THE BIG ISLAND NEAR 20N 155W
TO 18N 150W...WHERE IT BECOMES A DIFFUSE LINE OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN
CUMULUS AND STRATOCUMULUS TO 17N 144W. THIS PORTION OF THE BAND IS
ADVANCING TO THE WEST SOUTHWEST AT 20 MPH. POLAR SATELLITE
PRECIPITABLE WATER DATA...WHICH CAN BE DETECTED THROUGH THE HIGH
CLOUDS...SHOWS THE BAND DRAPED ACROSS THE REST OF THE ISLAND CHAIN
AND EXTENDING TO THE NORTHWEST FROM KAUAI TO 26N 163W AND 29N 166W.

THE HIGH CLOUDS PASSING OVER THE ISLANDS ORIGINATE FROM A NEARLY
STATIONARY SURFACE TROUGH AND UPPER LOW SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES WEST
OF KAUAI. THE WEAK UPPER LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 21N 170W AND SITS AT
THE BASE OF AN UPPER TROUGH EXTENDING THROUGH 30N 170W. THESE
FEATURES...COMBINED WITH AN UNDERLYING SURFACE TROUGH...ARE
GENERATING A 400 MILE-WIDE AREA OF BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS CENTERED
ALONG 19N 169W AND 30N 168W WHICH HAS THINNED DURING THE PAST SIX
HRS. ISOLATED...EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS RISE AS HIGH AS 36 KFT ABOUT
525 MILES WEST OF KAUAI. THE NARROW SWATH OF HIGH CLOUDS ORIGINATING
FROM THIS AREA PARTIALLY REVEALS THE HIGH AMPLIFIED PATTERN ACROSS
THE CENTRAL PACIFIC BY ROUNDING THE TOP OF A DIRTY UPPER RIDGE ALONG
161W...THEN HEADING SOUTHEASTWARD OVER THE ISLANDS TOWARD A MUCH
LARGER UPPER TROUGH TO THE EAST.

THE UPPER TROUGH EAST OF THE STATE OCCUPIES MOST OF THE NORTHEAST
PACIFIC AND IS SUPPORTING A GALE LOW OFF CENTRAL CALIFORNIA. THE
CIRCULATION AROUND THIS CUTOFF LOW IS SENDING AND AREA OF RATHER
DRY AND STABLE BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS OVER MOST OF THE AREA
NORTHEAST OF THE LOW CLOUD BAND OVER THE ISLANDS. PRECIPITABLE WATER
VALUES DROP SHARPLY TO 0.6 INCH BEYOND THE CLOUD BAND JUST OVER 100
MILES NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.