

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 04:06:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from hs-out-2122.google.com (hs-out-0708.google.com [64.233.178.249])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m08K6LlZ018987	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 09 Jan 2008 04:06:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by hs-out-2122.google.com with SMTP id 54so5985934hsz.1 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:06:20 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.82.17 with SMTP id f17mr517575wfb.56.1199822382620; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 11:59:42 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs494384wfi; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 11:59:42 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.10.2 with SMTP id 2mr45791227qbj.82.1199822376679; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 11:59:36 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e19si50306qbe.6.2008.01.08.11.59.33; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 11:59:36 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m07A8X3I000242; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 13:53:20 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14351887 for [email-masked]; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 13:53:20 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m08JrKx5006896 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:53:20 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m08JrDbj017764 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:53:20 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m08JrDrd029544 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:53:13 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m08JrDXQ029543 for [email-masked]; Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:53:13 -0600
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:53:13 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=81 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801080120
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

596
FXPQ60 PGUM 081953
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
553 AM CHST WED JAN 9 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
PGUA WSR-88D SHOWS ONLY ISOLATED SHOWERS IN THE AREA AS A SHEAR
LINE WEAKENS IN OUR REGION.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
LATEST 12Z RUN OF THE GFS40 SEEMED TO INITIALIZE REALLY WELL WITH
REGARD TO WINDS. SINCE THE CHANGES INTRODUCED ALL SEEMED TO BE
SLIGHT DECREASES IN WIND SPEED...LOADED IN THE LATEST MODEL DATA
FOR WINDS. BASED ON RADAR AND SATELLITE...JUST MADE TODAY PARTLY
SUNNY WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS. OTHER THAN THAT...NO CHANGES NEEDED.
PREVIOUS PACKAGE WAS REALLY IN FINE SHAPE.

&&

.MARINE...
WITH WIND WAVES DECREASING SLIGHTLY AND NORTH SWELL SLOWLY
ABATING...WE NO LONGER MEET THE CRITERIA FOR SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY.
THIS WAS LARGELY AS EXPECTED IN THE PREVIOUS FORECAST PACKAGE...SO
WILL WORD IT AS AN EXPIRATION. CONDITIONS REMAIN NOT FAR BELOW THE
10 FOOT CRITERION...SO MARINERS NEED TO KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON THE
SEAS FOR A WHILE.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
TRADE-WIND SURGE REMAINS TO BE THE FOCUS FOR THIS WEEKS WEATHER
DRIVEN-MECHANISM. MODELS CONTINUE TO KEEP THE EXPECTED TRADE-WIND
SURGE OVER THE REGION. THEREFORE...ANTICIPATE MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES
WITH SHOWERS INCREASING TO SCATTERED BY THURSDAY AND FRIDAY.
GLOBAL WAVE WATCH MODEL INDICATED A SLIGHT INCREASE IN COMBINED SEAS
BUILDING NEAR 10 TO 11 FT FOR POHNPEI AND MAJURO TOWARD THE WEEKEND.
HOWEVER...WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR DATA FLUCTUATION FOR THE REGION
TO AVOID SURPRISES.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
LATEST NUMERICAL MODELS ARE CONSISTENT WITH PREVIOUS PROGS BY
KEEPING THE NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH SOUTH OF KOROR FOR THE NEXT 24 TO
48 HOURS. SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A LARGE AREA OF CONVECTION MOVING
ACROSS YAP THIS MORNING...WITH MORE CLOUDS FLARING-UP FROM THE EAST
TO SOUTHEAST QUADRANTS. RAOB FROM THE 12Z RUN INDICATED A LITTLE
OVER 2 INCH OF PRECIPITABLE WATER FOR BOTH YAP AND KOROR. INCREASING
SHOWERS FROM THE EAST WILL VISIT KOROR BY THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. CLOSE
MONITORING OF EXPECTED SHOWERS FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS WILL AID
LOCAL RESPECTIVE OFFICES TO ISSUE NECESSARY ADVISORIES. TRADE-WIND
SURGE WILL MAKE IT TO CHUUK...SO HAVE KEPT GENERALLY PARTLY CLOUDY
CONDITIONS AND ISOLATED POPS FOR MOST OF THE FORECAST PERIOD.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

STANKO/BAQUI

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.