

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 13:31:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.177])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0G5VRO1086850	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:31:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so153098pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:31:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.242.8 with SMTP id p8mr173505wfh.70.1200461486346; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 21:31:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs330936wfi; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 21:31:24 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.206.11 with SMTP id d11mr757246ang.88.1200461482483; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 21:31:22 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id o34si519679rog.2.2008.01.15.21.31.20; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 21:31:22 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0FD2g0q001033; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 23:29:57 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14418864 for [email-masked]; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 23:29:52 -0600
Received: from relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (relay3.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.121])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0G5Tqms004870 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:29:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0G5Tjr7004818 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:29:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0G5TjdC002689 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:29:45 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0G5Tjci002688 for [email-masked]; Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:29:45 -0600
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:29:45 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=21 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801150213
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_MEDIA_BODY 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

292
ATHW40 PHFO 160529
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC WED JAN 16 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 16 2008

PATCHES OF STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS CONTINUED ACROSS MOST OF THE
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS EARLY THIS EVENING. THESE STABLE LOW CLOUDS
REPRESENTED A CONTINUATION OF THE COOL AIR THAT WAS BEING ADVECTED
IN FROM THE NORTH TOWARD THE ALOHA STATE. THE LOCAL CIRCULATION
PATTERN WAS BEING CONTROLLED BY A LARGE GALE LOW LOCATED FAR NORTH
NORTHEAST OF THE ISLAND CHAIN.

THE LOW CLOUDS OVER THE COASTAL WATERS SURROUNDING THE ISLANDS WERE
GENERALLY MOVING TOWARD THE SOUTH SOUTHWEST OR SOUTH AT ABOUT 15
MPH. THE HIGHEST TOPS OF THESE STABLE LOW CLOUDS WERE ESTIMATED TO
BE NEAR 5 THOUSAND FEET.

AS OF 700 PM HST TUESDAY...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVERED MOST OF
KAUAI...OAHU...NORTHERN MOLOKAI AND NORTHEASTERN LANAI. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WERE ACROSS NEARLY ALL OF MAUI...EXCEPT FOR THE
SOUTHERN COASTAL AREAS AND THE SUMMIT OF HALEAKALA. SKIES WERE
MOSTLY CLOUDY ON THE BIG ISLAND BELOW THE SUMMITS OF MAUNA LOA AND
MAUNA KEA. VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGES CONTINUED TO SHOW AN EXTENSIVE
SNOW PACK COVERING BOTH OF THESE VOLCANIC PEAKS BEFORE SUNSET THIS
EVENING.

ACCORDING TO LOOPS OF WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AND SATELLITE DERIVED
UPPER LEVEL WINDS...THE CENTER OF A LARGE MIDDLE AND UPPER
TROPOSPHERIC LOW WAS LOCATED ABOUT 835 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF
HILO. THIS SYSTEM APPEARED TO HAVE DRIFTED SLOWLY WESTWARD DURING
THE PAST 6 HOURS.

AT THE SURFACE...THE GALE LOW REFLECTING THIS UPPER LEVEL LOW WAS
CENTERED NEAR 32N 151W...OR ABOUT 890 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF HILO.
THIS LOW HAS MOVED WESTWARD AT ABOUT 12 MPH DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.
SCATTERED TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS WITH TOPS NEAR 30 THOUSAND FEET
WERE WITHIN 150 MILES EAST AND SOUTHEAST OF THE CIRCULATION CENTER.
A 100 MILE WIDE BAND OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS NEAR 40
THOUSAND FEET WERE ALSO ABOUT 500 MILES EAST AND NORTHEAST OF THE
CENTER. THE VAST EXPANSE OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS
STREAMING TOWARD THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WERE ON THE SOUTHWESTERN
PERIPHERY OF THE BROAD COUNTERCLOCKWISE CIRCULATION AROUND THIS LOW.

ELSEWHERE ALOFT...A BAND OF BROKEN CIRRUS CLOUDS STREAMING TOWARD
THE EAST NORTHEAST REPRESENTED THE CORE OF A SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM
LOCATED ABOUT 200 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF HILO. THIS JET STREAM
APPEARED TO BE GRADUALLY SHIFTING TOWARD THE EAST SOUTHEAST AWAY
FROM THE ISLANDS.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.