

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 20:34:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from nz-out-0506.google.com (nz-out-0506.google.com [64.233.162.227])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0ICY9lK085026	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:34:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by nz-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id q3so758791nzb.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 04:34:09 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.107.1 with SMTP id f1mr1968203wfc.77.1200659648885; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 04:34:08 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs61713wfi; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 04:34:07 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.139.9 with SMTP id r9mr7208854qbn.32.1200659646481; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 04:34:06 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f13si2547696qba.20.2008.01.18.04.34.03; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 04:34:06 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0HJ86n2001036; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 06:33:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14448010 for [email-masked]; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 06:33:16 -0600
Received: from relay6.cso.uiuc.edu (relay6.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.12])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0ICXGHR027400 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:33:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay6.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0ICX94r012367 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:33:15 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0ICX9qV025313 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:33:09 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0ICX9HX025312 for [email-masked]; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:33:09 -0600
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:33:09 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=6
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801180013
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

272
ATHW40 PHFO 181233
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI JAN 18 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 18 2008

A LAYER OF BROKEN HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS LINGERS OVER THE HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS AND VICINITY...ROUGHLY FROM 15N TO 30N BETWEEN 160W AND
150W...AND ARE OBSCURING THE DETAILS OF THE LOW CLOUDS. THESE CIRRUS
CLOUDS LIES EAST OF AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH WITH ITS NORTH TO SOUTH
AXIS JUST WEST OF KAUAI.

THE COMBINATION OF SATELLITE AND WEATHER RADAR INDICATES SCATTERED
THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE WATERS EAST AND NORTHEAST OF CAPE KUMUKAHI OF
THE BIG ISLAND. A COUPLE OF CELLS HAD CLOUD TOPS AS HIGH AS 40
THOUSAND FEET. AND IT APPEARS THE BULK OF THE ACTIVITY WILL BE
MOVING THROUGH THE WINDWARD WATERS OF THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI.
IMMEDIATELY EAST OF THE STORMS ARE ONLY A FEW TO SCATTERED LOW
CLOUDS. THIS RELATIVELY CLEAR AREA LEAD TO ANOTHER SHOWER AREA
CONSISTING OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITH THE LEADING EDGE APPROACHING
17N 150W OR ABOUT 375 NM SOUTHEAST OF THE KAU COAST OF THE BIG
ISLAND. THE AREA IS MOVING WEST AT 20 KT. UNLESS THE TRAJECTORY
CHANGES...IT IS SLATED TO PASS SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE UPPER
LEVEL TROUGH HAS ALSO INSTIGATED AN ISOLATED THUNDERSTORM AT 20N
163W.

WEATHER RADAR IS ALSO PICKING UP SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER THE NORTH
AND EAST SECTIONS AND ADJACENT WATERS OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND
ISOLATED SHOWERS IN THE KAUAI CHANNEL. OTHER THAN FOR POCKETS OF
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER THE WINDWARD DISTRICTS OF THE SMALLER
ISLANDS...FAIR SKIES PREVAILED ELSEWHERE. LOW CLOUD MOTION WITH
NORTHEAST WINDS WEST OF OAHU AND A LITTLE SOUTH OF EAST OVER THE
BIG ISLAND...SUGGEST A WEAK TROUGH OVER THE CENTRAL ISLANDS.

$$

LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.