

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 02:29:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wx-out-0506.google.com (wx-out-0506.google.com [66.249.82.224])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0HITSbW068947	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 02:29:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wx-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id h26so476604wxd.22 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:29:28 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.98.18 with SMTP id v18mr1465648wfb.61.1200594567131; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 10:29:27 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs9181wfi; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 10:29:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.211.16 with SMTP id n16mr5136671qbq.86.1200594565333; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 10:29:25 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e17si1835231qbe.1.2008.01.17.10.29.22; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 10:29:25 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0FD2gWc001036; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 12:27:55 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14438947 for [email-masked]; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 12:27:55 -0600
Received: from relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (relay05.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.40])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0HIRtT9007693 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:27:55 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0HIRmsF007157 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:27:54 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0HIRmVO032147 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:27:48 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0HIRm0h032146 for [email-masked]; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:27:48 -0600
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:27:48 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801170076
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

530
ATHW40 PHFO 171827
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU JAN 17 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 17 2008

THE WEATHER PATTERN IS RATHER COMPLEX ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC. A
WEAK HIGH SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI IS SANDWICHED
BETWEEN A WEAKENING LOW 850 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE STATE AND A
DEVELOPING FRONT 1500 MILES TO THE NORTHWEST.

THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS ARE UNDER A LIGHT...STABLE...AND MAINLY
DRY TRADE WIND FLOW SOUTH OF THE HIGH AND ITS ASSOCIATED RIDGE. A
FIELD OF BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS IS MOVING WITHIN THIS FLOW AND
IS AFFECTING MOSTLY WINDWARD AREAS FROM KAUAI TO MAUI. A SHIELD OF
SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS PASSING OVERHEAD IS PARTIALLY
OBSCURING THE DETAILS OF THIS LOW CLOUD COVER. THE STRATOCUMULUS
FIELD ABRUPTLY ENDS EAST OF MAUI...LEAVING THE BIG ISLAND UNDER
MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES THIS MORNING.

LOW CLOUD CHARACTERISTICS CHANGE ABRUPTLY 100 MILES EAST OF THE BIG
ISLAND. A 100 MILE-WIDE BAND OF SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN CUMULUS
CLOUDS RUNS ALONG 17N 154W...24N 148W...AND 30N 144W...AND CONTINUES
NORTHWARD TO THE WEAKENING LOW 850 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE
ISLANDS. THIS CLOUD BAND SEPARATES THE STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS
OVER THE STATE FROM A MORE TYPICAL...TRADE-WIND MIX OF CUMULUS AND
STRATOCUMULUS TO THE EAST. ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS CELLS RISE AS
HIGH AS 26000 FT ALONG THE BAND 175 TO 200 MILES EAST OF THE BIG
ISLAND. THESE CELLS ARE MOVING TO THE WEST AT 10 MPH AND ARE BEING
TRIGGERING BY A LINGERING UPPER TROUGH ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE
LOW.

ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS CENTERED ABOUT 525 MILES NORTHWEST OF
KAUAI ALONG 30N 164W AND 20N 171W AND IS TRAVELLING TO THE EAST
AROUND 30 MPH. IT IS GENERATING A 400 MILE-WIDE SHIELD OF SCATTERED
TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS OVER MOST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS
CENTERED ALONG 19N 161W AND 27N 156W. FARTHER NORTHWEST...A STRONGER
UPPER TROUGH IS DRIVING A DEEPENING FRONT THAT IS APPROACHING THE
DATELINE.

$$

WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.