

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 08:29:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from nz-out-0506.google.com (nz-out-0506.google.com [64.233.162.232])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m090TWdw019808	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 09 Jan 2008 08:29:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by nz-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id q3so22630nzb.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:29:32 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.215.5 with SMTP id n5mr16480wfg.11.1199838571831; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 16:29:31 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs512271wfi; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 16:29:31 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.190.15 with SMTP id n15mr151318anf.22.1199838570048; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 16:29:30 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id p14si350290roh.6.2008.01.08.16.29.27; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 16:29:30 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m08JJsAs002584; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 18:28:23 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14354962 for [email-masked]; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 18:28:22 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m090SMvl004924 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:28:22 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m090SGej017707 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:28:22 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m090SGD8010264 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:28:16 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m090SFGn010256 for [email-masked]; Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:28:16 -0600
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:28:16 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=1 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801080193
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

817
ATHW40 PHFO 090028
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC WED JAN 9 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 9 2008

THERE HAS BEEN A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN CLOUD COVER OVER THE
ISLANDS SINCE EARLY THIS MORNING MAINLY DUE TO DAYTIME HEATING OF
THE ISLAND TERRAIN. CLOUD COVERAGE DID VARY SOMEWHAT FROM ISLAND TO
ISLAND. BEGINNING WITH KAUAI LOW CLOUDS ARE COVERING INTERIOR AND
NORTHERN SECTIONS OF THE ISLAND WHILE WHILE WESTERN...SOUTHERN...
AND EASTERN COASTAL AREAS ONLY HAVING A FEW CLOUDS OVER THEM. ON
OAHU LOW CLOUDS HAVE FORMED OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF BOTH THE
KOOLAU AND WAIANAE MOUNTAIN RANGES. SOME CLOUDS HAVE ALSO BUILT UP
OVER THE CENTRAL PLAIN. OVER ON MOLOKAI LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP
OVER THE NORTHERN SLOPES WHILE THE SOUTHERN HALF OF THE ISLAND
NEARLY CLOUD FREE. OVER ON LANAI LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER NORTHERN
AND INTERIOR OR SECTIONS. THE ISLAND OF MAUI HAS LOW CLOUDS BANKED
UP OVER THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER THE SLOPES AND
SUMMITS OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER ON THE BIG ISLAND LOW
CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER PORTIONS OF THE WINDWARD SLOPES FROM NORTH
KOHALA SOUTHWARD THROUGH THE PUNA DISTRICT. LOW CLOUDS HAVE ALSO
FORMED OVER THE KONA AND KAU SLOPES AS WELL AS OVER PORTIONS OF THE
LEEWARD KOHALA SLOPES. THE HIGH SUMMITS OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOW
REMAINED COVERED IN SNOW. THERE ARE PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS AROUND THE
ISLANDS. CLOUDS TO THE NORTH OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING GENERALLY
TOWARD THE NORTH. CLOUDS SOUTH AND WEST OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING
GENERALLY TOWARD THE NORTHWEST. CLOUDS TO THE EAST OF THE ISLANDS
ARE BASICALLY MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST.

THE LEADING EDGE OF A COLD FRONT IS PRESENTLY ABOUT 375 MILES TO THE
WEST NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. CLOUDS ALONG THE THE 150 MILES WIDE BAND
CONSIST OF MAINLY LAYERED CLOUDS WITH SOME ISOLATED DEEP CONVECTION
ALONG THE FRONT NORTH OF 25N. FURTHER SOUTH ALONG THE FRONT THE
CLOUDS BEGIN TO TAKE ON A MORE OF A STRATOCUMULUS APPEARANCE. THE
FRONT IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST SOUTHEAST AT AROUND 20 MPH.

THE ITCZ IS RATHER ACTIVE FAR TO THE SOUTH OF THE STATE. SCATTERED
THUNDERSTORMS LIE IN AN AREA FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 150W AND 170W.
INDIVIDUAL CLOUD CLUSTERS ALONG THE ITCZ ARE MOVING OFF TOWARD THE
WEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH. HIGH CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEEP
CONVECTION REMAINS WELL TO THE SOUTH OF THE STATE WITH THE NORTHERN
EDGE SOME 200 OR SO MILES SOUTH OF SOUTH POINT ON THE BIG ISLAND.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.