

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 02:38:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from el-out-1112.google.com (el-out-1112.google.com [209.85.162.176])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m14Ic9nl029737	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 05 Feb 2008 02:38:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by el-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id r23so671348elf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 10:38:09 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.158.17 with SMTP id g17mr3665114wfe.234.1202150288568; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 10:38:08 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs155668wfi; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 10:38:08 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.214.2 with SMTP id r2mr13537352qbq.2.1202150284598; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 10:38:04 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id d5si5749129qbd.18.2008.02.04.10.38.02; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 10:38:04 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m145FQtd016819; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 12:37:03 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14677953 for [email-masked]; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 12:36:55 -0600
Received: from relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (relay05.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.40])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m14IasTe024185 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:36:54 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m14IammX003214 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:36:54 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m14IamHo005458 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:36:48 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m14Iamdr005454 for [email-masked]; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:36:48 -0600
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:36:48 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=27
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802040031
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

792
ATHW40 PHFO 041836
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON FEB 04 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC FEBRUARY 04 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER TROUGH NEARLY STATIONARY JUST
WEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...EXTENDING FROM 30N 158W TO 20N
163W...OR FROM 500 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI TO 300 MILES WEST SOUTHWEST
OF KAUAI. ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS WITH TOPS TO 35000 FT ARE
LOCATED ALONG AND TO THE EAST OF THIS TROUGH. THESE CELLS ARE MOVING
TO THE WEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH.

A BAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS EXTENDS FROM 22N 150W TO
15N 160W...THEN SOUTH TO AN AREA OF SCATTERED CONVECTION ALONG 08N
IN THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE /ITCZ/. THE CLOUD BAND IS 250
MILES WIDE NEAR 150W...AND OVER 500 MILES WIDE NEAR 160W. IN
ADDITION...BROKEN TO OVERCAST CIRRUS AND CIRROCUMULUS CLOUDS EXTEND
200 MILES WEST OF THE MAIN CLOUD BAND. THE WIDESPREAD LAYERED CLOUDS
EXTEND THROUGH 25000 FT...WITH ISOLATED EMBEDDED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS
WITH TOPS TO 40000 FT. IN THE ITCZ...SCATTERED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS
EXTEND THROUGH 52000 FT.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...THE BAND OF LAYERED CLOUDS COVERS
THE EASTERN SLOPES AND INTERIOR OF THE BIG ISLAND...WITH BROKEN TO
OVERCAST CIRRUS AND CIRROSTRATUS COVERING THE REST OF THE BIG ISLAND
AND MAUI COUNTY. A LINE OF TOWERING CUMULUS AND CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS
ORIENTED EAST TO WEST EXTENDS FROM 50 MILES NORTH OF MAUI TO THE
NORTH SHORE OF OAHU TO THE SOUTH SHORE OF KAUAI. INDIVIDUAL
CONVECTIVE CELLS WITHIN THIS LINE ARE MOVING TO THE WEST AT 20 MPH.
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER THE REST OF KAUAI AND
OAHU...AND ARE LIKELY LOCATED ACROSS WINDWARD SLOPES OF MAUI COUNTY
AS WELL BENEATH THE HIGH CLOUD LAYER.

FARTHER TO THE NORTHWEST...AN AREA OF BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS IS
LOCATED BETWEEN 168W AND 176W...NORTH OF 25N. THESE CLOUDS ARE
ASSOCIATED WITH THE TAIL END OF A COLD FRONT THAT IS LOCATED NORTH
OF 30N. CLOUD MOTION IS TO THE EAST AT 25 MPH. CLOUD TOPS EXTEND
THROUGH 20000 FT...WITH ISOLATED TOPS TO 34000 FT.

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.