

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Tue,
22 Jan 2008 02:35:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wx-out-0506.google.com (wx-out-0506.google.com [66.249.82.237])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0LIZlA2060474	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 02:35:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wx-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id h26so1195569wxd.22 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:35:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.246.8 with SMTP id t8mr3392537wfh.220.1200940546484; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 10:35:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs281981wfi; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 10:35:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.140.147.13 with SMTP id u13mr4652042rvd.228.1200940545598; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 10:35:45 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e14si5813879qbe.24.2008.01.21.10.35.41; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 10:35:45 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0KE02nj002313; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 12:34:58 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14482799 for [email-masked]; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 12:34:58 -0600
Received: from relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (relay3.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.121])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0LIYvZq027694 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:34:58 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0LIYp2w001658 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:34:57 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0LIYowT025359 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:34:50 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0LIYoe1025358 for [email-masked]; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:34:50 -0600
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:34:50 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=2 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801210077
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

192
ATHW40 PHFO 211834
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON JAN 21 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 21 2008

A BROAD FIELD OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS MOVING WESTWARD
IN MODERATE TRADE WIND FLOW. THIS FIELD OF LOW CLOUDS EXTENDS WELL
UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS. THESE CLOUDS ARE SHOWERY IN APPEARANCE AND
ARE SEEN MOVING INTO THE WINDWARD SIDES OF MOST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS. CLOUD TOPS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE UP TO AROUND 10000 FEET.

LOW CLOUD COVERAGE DID VARY FROM ISLAND TO ISLAND. OVER ON KAUAI
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE COVERING MUCH OF THE EASTERN HALF
OF THE ISLAND ESPECIALLY OVER INTERIOR SECTIONS. ON OAHU LOW CLOUDS
ARE BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE KOOLAU RANGE WITH
JUST A FEW SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS SEEN ELSEWHERE. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS
ARE COVERING MOST INTERIOR SECTIONS OF MOLOKAI WITH JUST A FEW
PATCHES SEEN OVER LANAI. OVER ON MAUI LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER THE
NORTHERN AND EASTERN SLOPES OF HALEAKALA WITH LOW CLOUDS ALSO SEEN
OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER ON THE
BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE LOWER WINDWARD SLOPES
FROM NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD THROUGH THE PUNA DISTRICT. THE HIGH
SUMMITS OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA REMAIN SNOW COVERED.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTHWEST ORIENTED
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH LOCATED TO THE NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS.
THIS UPPER TROUGH HAS BEEN MOVING SOUTHWARD OVER THE PAST SEVERAL
HOURS. FAR TO THE WEST AND NORTHWEST OF THE STATE LIES A BROAD
FIELD OF LAYERED CLOUDS THAT ARE STREAMING TOWARD THE NORTHEAST IN
ASSOCIATION WITH A BROAD UPPER TROUGH CENTERED FAR TO THE NORTHWEST
OF THE ISLANDS.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.