

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 20:41:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from hs-out-2122.google.com (hs-out-0708.google.com [64.233.178.242])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0GCfVUU032600	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:41:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by hs-out-2122.google.com with SMTP id 54so97817hsz.1 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Jan 2008 04:41:30 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.214.5 with SMTP id m5mr324922wfg.143.1200487289629; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 04:41:29 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs349979wfi; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 04:41:28 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.11.2 with SMTP id 2mr306421wfk.233.1200487288578; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 04:41:28 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id a16si1058459rof.3.2008.01.16.04.41.25; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 04:41:28 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0G32ZAa000500; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 06:40:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14421440 for [email-masked]; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 06:40:52 -0600
Received: from relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (relay01.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.23])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0GCeqrh014577 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Jan 2008 06:40:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0GCejoS023779 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Jan 2008 06:40:51 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0GCejis008532 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Jan 2008 06:40:45 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0GCejIi008531 for [email-masked]; Wed, 16 Jan 2008 06:40:45 -0600
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 06:40:45 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=56
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801160021
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

145
ATHW40 PHFO 161240
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC WED JAN 16 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 16 2008

THE LOCAL LOW-LEVEL ATMOSPHERIC CIRCULATION PATTERN WAS BEING
DOMINATED BY A LARGE GALE LOW LOCATED FAR NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE
ISLAND CHAIN. STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS CONTINUED TO CAUSE MOSTLY CLOUDY
CONDITIONS ACROSS THE WESTERN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...THE BIG ISLAND AND
THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS TONIGHT. THERE WAS SLIGHTLY LESS CLOUD
COVER NEAR MAUI COUNTY...BUT CLOUDS WERE OVER MOST OF THE COASTAL
WATERS JUST NORTHEAST OF MOLOKAI AND MAUI. THESE STABLE LOW CLOUDS
WERE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COOL AIR MASS THAT CONTINUED TO ADVECT IN
FROM THE NORTH TOWARD THE ISLANDS.

THE LOW CLOUDS OVER THE COASTAL WATERS SURROUNDING THE ISLANDS WERE
GENERALLY MOVING TOWARD THE SOUTH SOUTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH. THE
HIGHEST TOPS OF THESE STABLE LOW CLOUDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 5
THOUSAND FEET.

AS OF 200 AM HST WEDNESDAY...SKIES WERE MOSTLY CLOUDY OVER KAUAI...
OAHU AND MOST LOWER ELEVATIONS OF THE WINDWARD BIG ISLAND. SCATTERED
LOW CLOUDS WERE ALONG THE NORTHERN SHORES OF MOLOKAI...AND ALONG
PARTS OF THE NORTHEASTERN MAUI COASTLINE. PARTLY CLOUDY CONDITIONS
WERE EVIDENT OVER PARTS OF THE LEEWARD BIG ISLAND COAST.

ACCORDING TO LOOPS OF WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AND SATELLITE DERIVED
UPPER LEVEL WINDS...THE CENTER OF A LARGE MIDDLE AND UPPER
TROPOSPHERIC LOW WAS LOCATED NEAR 31N 151W...OR ABOUT ABOUT 830
MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF HILO. THIS SYSTEM APPEARED TO HAVE REMAINED
NEARLY STATIONARY DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.

AT THE SURFACE...THE GALE LOW REFLECTING THIS UPPER LEVEL LOW WAS
CENTERED NEAR 32N 151W...OR ABOUT 880 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF HILO.
THIS LOW HAS MOVED LITTLE DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. SCATTERED
TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS NEAR 37
THOUSAND FEET WERE WITHIN 240 MILES IN THE EAST SEMICIRCLE OF THE
LOW. A 100 MILE WIDE BAND OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS NEAR
43 THOUSAND FEET WERE ALSO ABOUT 500 MILES EAST AND NORTHEAST OF THE
CENTER. THE VAST EXPANSE OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS
STREAMING TOWARD THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WERE ON THE SOUTHWESTERN
PERIPHERY OF THE BROAD COUNTERCLOCKWISE CIRCULATION AROUND THIS LOW.

ELSEWHERE ALOFT...A BAND OF BROKEN CIRRUS CLOUDS TRAVELLING TOWARD
THE EAST NORTHEAST REPRESENTED THE CORE OF A SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM
LOCATED ABOUT 300 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF HILO. THIS JET STREAM HAS
BEEN GRADUALLY SHIFTING SOUTHEAST AWAY FROM THE BIG ISLAND.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.