

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 03:44:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.177])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0KJiPKB024351	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 03:44:26 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so2057484pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:44:24 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.73.8 with SMTP id v8mr2910830wfa.68.1200858264009; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 11:44:24 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs204783wfi; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 11:44:23 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.139.9 with SMTP id r9mr12926512qbn.32.1200858262875; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 11:44:22 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e14si4724412qba.28.2008.01.20.11.44.20; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 11:44:22 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0KDweBS021329; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 13:43:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14471863 for [email-masked]; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 13:43:49 -0600
Received: from relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (relay3.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.121])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0KJhnQf006995 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:43:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0KJhgB1011530 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:43:48 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0KJhgwX016257 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:43:42 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0KJhgeC016256 for [email-masked]; Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:43:42 -0600
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:43:42 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=19 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801200051
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

747
FXPQ60 PGUM 201943
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
543 AM CHST MON JAN 21 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
A SHEAR LINE CAN BE OBSERVED IN BOTH RADAR AND IR SATELLITE
IMAGERY BETWEEN ANATAHAN AND SAIPAN. A REINFORCING PUSH OF COLDER
AIR IS PUSHING SOUTHWARD FROM AROUND 22N TOWARD THE NORTHERNMOST
MARIANAS.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
MODEL RUNS STILL SUGGEST SHEAR LINE WILL REMAIN EMBEDDED IN HOSTILE
DIVERGENT LOW-LEVEL FLOW AS IT FILTERS THROUGH MONDAY AND TUESDAY.
MODELS QPFS ALL LOOK LOW DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS...SO BELIEVE
MOSTLY CLOUDY/ISOLATED WORDING REMAINS THE OPTIMAL FORECAST
SOLUTION. MODELS SUGGEST VERY DRY AND BRISK FLOW FROM THE NORTHEAST
WILL FOLLOW IN THE WAKE OF THE SHEAR LINE. GFS TIME-HEIGHT CROSS
SECTION SHOWS VERY SHALLOW LOW-LEVEL MOISTURE TO ONLY 850 MB
THURSDAY THROUGH SUNDAY. CONFIDENCE IS HIGHER FOR NO WEATHER OR
SLIGHT CHANCE POP GRIDS THURSDAY THROUGH SATURDAY...SO WILL EDIT THE
GRIDS ALONG THESE LINES FOR NOW.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
A WEAK TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS CURRENTLY MOVING TOWARD KOSRAE AND
POHNPEI. ISOLATED SHOWERS WILL BECOME SCATTERED THIS EVENING AND
LAST INTO TUESDAY. MAJURO IS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRY TRADE WINDS
AND BENIGN WEATHER WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD.
THIS SAME WEATHER PATTERN WILL OVERSPREAD POHNPEI AND KOSRAE BY
TUESDAY NIGHT.

LATEST WAVE WATCH GUIDANCE INDICATES SURF ALONG NORTH FACING
SHORES ON CHUUK AND POHNPEI HAS RISEN TO THE ADVISORY LEVEL OF 9
FT AND WILL PERSIST THROUGH TUESDAY. THEREFORE...ISSUED HIGH SURF
ADVISORY FOR BOTH ISLANDS.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTH OF KOROR AND YAP...THEN LINKS
TO A WEAK CIRCULATION SOUTH OF CHUUK. MOST MODELS EXCEPT THE ECMWF
ARE KEEPING MOST OF THE ACTION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM SOUTH
OF ALL THE MAJOR ISLANDS. SOME CLOUDINESS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS
WILL SPREAD OVER PALAU AND CHUUK FROM TIME TO TIME THROUGH
WEDNESDAY. YAP IS FAR ENOUGH NORTH NOT TO BE AFFECTED THROUGH THE
PERIOD. STRONG HIGH PRESSURE COMING OFF THE ASIAN CONTINENT WILL
STRENGTHEN TRADE WINDS ACROSS PALAU AND YAP AFTER MID-WEEK.

&&

.MARINE...
WINDS...SEAS AND WAVES ARE STILL THE ELEPHANTS IN THE ROOM AS FAR AS
FORECAST CONCERNS GO. ALTIMETRY FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC STILL
REMAINS UNAVAILABLE...SO FORECAST TOOLS ARE LIMITED TO THE IPAN BUOY
AND WAVE WATCH MODEL DATA. INHERITED HAZARD GRIDS LOOKED GOOD AND
PRESENT CONSERVATIVE SOLUTIONS REGARDING THE SMALL CRAFT AND HIGH
SURF ADVISORIES. WILL GO AHEAD AND HANG ON TO BOTH OF THESE UNTIL
TUESDAY...ALTHOUGH WAVE WATCH TABULAR DATA SUGGEST COMBINED SEAS
WILL DROP BELOW 10 FEET BEFORE SURF SUBSIDES BELOW 9 FEET ON NORTH
FACING REEFS.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...HIGH SURF ADVISORY UNTIL 6 PM CHST TUESDAY FOR GUZ001>004.

MARIANAS WATERS...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR HAZARDOUS SEAS UNTIL 6
PM CHST TUESDAY FOR PMZ151>154.

&&

$$

MCELROY/CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.