

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 02:32:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wr-out-0506.google.com (wr-out-0506.google.com [64.233.184.235])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0OIVx0K043663	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 02:32:00 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wr-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id 50so192964wri.25 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:31:58 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.229.4 with SMTP id b4mr609595wfh.125.1201199518403; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 10:31:58 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs5751wfi; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 10:31:58 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.239.14 with SMTP id q14mr2117220qbr.66.1201199514561; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 10:31:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e15si902327qbe.2.2008.01.24.10.31.51; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 10:31:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0ODfouw009237; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 12:30:32 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14528190 for [email-masked]; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 12:30:32 -0600
Received: from relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (relay7.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.108])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0OIUWSL017190 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:30:32 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0OIUPYC010851 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:30:32 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0OIUPtv010699 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:30:25 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0OIUPBK010698 for [email-masked]; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:30:25 -0600
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:30:25 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801240068
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

145
ATHW40 PHFO 241830
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU JAN 24 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 24 2008

A LARGE CLUSTER OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WAS SOUTH OF KAUAI
AND WELL WEST OF THE OTHER ISLANDS THIS MORNING.  THIS CLUSTER...A
MIX OF CUMULUS AND STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS...MEASURED 70-100 MILES IN
WIDTH AND EXTENDED ABOUT 230 MILES FROM NORTH TO SOUTH.  THE
ELONGATED CLOUD CLUSTER WAS CENTERED BETWEEN NIIHAU AND A POINT
ABOUT 205 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF KONA.  ANOTHER SMALLER CLUSTER OF
SIMILAR CLOUDS...ABOUT 80 MILES BY 70 MILES IN AREA...WAS MUST
NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.  CLOUD TOPS REACHED UP TO AROUND 12000 FEET.
BOTH CLUSTERS WERE MOVING WEST AWAY FROM THE STATE.

YET ANOTHER SIZABLE CLUSTER OR BAND OF SIMILAR CLOUDS WAS JUST
UPSTREAM OF THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI.  THIS BAND WAS 30 TO 50 MILES
WIDE WITH THE LEADING EDGE STRETCHING FROM THE ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL
SOUTHEAST TO 19N 154W THEN BACK EAST TO NEAR 20N 149W.  THE CLOUDS
WITHIN THIS BAND APPEARED TO BE MORE SHOWERY DUE THESE CLOUDS
PASSING BENEATH THE SHALLOW BOTTOM OF A WEAK UPPER TROUGH.

THIS BAND JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI WAS MOVING MOVING
WEST OR SLIGHTLY WEST-SOUTHWEST AT BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MILES AN HOUR.
BUT AT 8 AM...SKIES WERE STILL SUNNY OR MOSTLY SUNNY OVER THE VAST
MAJORITY OF THE STATE.  A FEW BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WERE GATHERED ALONG
THE SLOPES AND MOUNTAINS OF EAST KAUAI...OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE ON
OAHU...OVER THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS AND ALONG THE NORTHEAST SLOPES
OF HALEAKALA CRATER ON MAUI.

AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE EXTENDED FROM NEAR 30N 167W TO 20N 170W.  HIGH
LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS WERE FLOWING CLOCKWISE UP AND OVER THE RIDGE.
SOME OF THE CIRRUS WAS ABOUT 250 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.  BUT THE
CIRRUS IS NOT EXPECTED TO REACH THE ISLANDS.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.