

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
04 Jan 2008 17:47:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.180])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m049l7Qt061386	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 04 Jan 2008 17:47:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so10615123waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 01:47:06 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.230.11 with SMTP id c11mr4973066wfh.145.1199440026696; Fri,
04 Jan 2008 01:47:06 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs98551wfi; Fri,
04 Jan 2008 01:47:06 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.219.20 with SMTP id w20mr34627414qbq.5.1199440025610; Fri,
04 Jan 2008 01:47:05 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e16si9755465qba.30.2008.01.04.01.47.03; Fri,
04 Jan 2008 01:47:05 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m01I54EZ013228; Fri,
04 Jan 2008 03:46:14 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14480211 for [email-masked]; Fri,
04 Jan 2008 03:46:14 -0600
Received: from relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (relay03.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.69])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m049kEpD000740 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 03:46:14 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m049k75j007461 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 03:46:13 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m049k7nr030070 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 03:46:07 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m049k77O030069 for [email-masked]; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 03:46:07 -0600
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 03:46:07 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801040013
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 0.5, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2_1 0,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0,
__RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

793
FZPN01 KWBC 040946
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC
1145 UTC JAN 04 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

PAN PAN

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT
TO 50N 160E.

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 06.

.WARNINGS.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 44N 138W 956 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW
QUADRANT...WINDS 55 TO 65 KT SEAS 28 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN
480 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 38N TO 46N BETWEEN 126W AND
130W...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO
48N BETWEEN 121W AND 150W...AND WITHIN 960 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 128W 958 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW
QUADRANTS...WINDS 45 TO 55 KT SEAS 30 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM
38N TO 51N BETWEEN 124W AND 141W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 22 TO
36 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 54N E OF 142W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT
SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. N OF 32N E OF 130W...W TO SW WINDS
TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 49N 159E 984 MB. FROM 40N
TO 51N W OF 169E OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9
TO 15 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 162E 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 164E 975 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF
A LINE FROM 41N 164E TO 54N 176W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO
26 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N 130W 972 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 49N TO 53N E OF
131W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED
BY LOW 49N 128W DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 57N 151W 972 MB MOVING E 10 KT. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED
ABOVE...WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 146W 973 MB. W OF 142W WITHIN 900 NM
SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 142W 978 MB. W OF 130W WITHIN 720 NM W
AND 900 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N 172W 992 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 420 NM
SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT...EXCEPT WHERE
NOTED ABOVE. ELSEWHERE N OF 48N W OF 180...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS
10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW
56N 146W DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 38N 175E 1004 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS
WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO
15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 172W 1005 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW
CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N
TO 40N BETWEEN 151W AND 171W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 31N TO 46N BETWEEN 130W
AND 150W...W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 168E 1004 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN
168E AND 160E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 174E 997 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 178E 988 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW
CENTER...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED
ABOVE. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 174W AND 170E...WINDS
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 177E 1000 MB. FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN
177W AND 169E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 174W 992 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM
30N TO 40N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E...AND WITHIN 540 NM NE
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.N OF A LINE FROM 58N 159W TO 58N 170W TO 60N 179W...MODERATE TO
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 155W TO 57N 164W TO 61N
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 158W TO 61N
174W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 59N W OF THE ALASKAN COAST...N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 11
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N 146W DESCRIBED
ABOVE.

.LOW 39N 165E 1005 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW
CENTER...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 177E 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW
CENTER...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N 178E
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.FROM 36N TO 48N BETWEEN 153W AND 165W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.HIGH 31N 165W 1026 MB MOVING E 10 KT...WILL TURN SE AFTER 24
HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 160W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 164E 1017 MB.

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI JAN 04
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT JAN 05
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN JAN 06

.WARNINGS.
...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 10N100W N TO NE
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 18 TO 23 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W
13N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45
KT SEAS 13 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W...INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W 8N90W...INCLUDING GULF
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 4N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND
115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT IN NE SWELL.
ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 16N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MERGING NW AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 5N TO 13N
BETWEEN 94W AND 115W NE TO E WINDS 2O TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT
IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 16N BETWEEN 93W AND 125W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN MERGING NE AND E SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 11N97W
10N112W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25
KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N BETWEEN 93W
AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN MERGING NW
AND E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
FROM 8N TO 12N BETWEEN 105W AND 120W E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 12
FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 13N
BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN
MIXED NW AND E SWELL.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 6N E OF 93W...INCLUDING GULF
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 8N E OF 93W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8
TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.

.N OF 4N BETWEEN 78W TO 83W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N TO NE
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 6N FROM 79W TO 81W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT
SEAS 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 9N TO 15N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 16N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. FROM 4N TO 8N W OF 120W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 19N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. S OF 8N W OF 120W WINDS
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.N OF 28N W OF 125W SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL.
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N118W 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS
8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N128W 23N140W. N OF 27N BETWEEN
120W AND FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE...N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 20N W OF 117W WINDS
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 17N
W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0930 UTC FRI JAN 4...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...2N78W 4N85W 4N99W 9N117W
7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 1112W
AND 117W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN
132W AND 135W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.