

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 17:05:44 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.177])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0C95RPB065475	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:05:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so2349899waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 01:05:43 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.103.6 with SMTP id a6mr2083426wfc.21.1200128742861; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 01:05:42 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs50536wfi; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 01:05:42 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.179.12 with SMTP id b12mr9201957qbf.1.1200128741957; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 01:05:41 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id h5si5377383roe.18.2008.01.12.01.05.39; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 01:05:41 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0C2o97w023583; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 03:04:57 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14394027 for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 03:04:57 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0C94vAT016654 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:04:57 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0C94oJD017100 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:04:57 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0C94oMj002814 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:04:50 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0C94o55002813 for [email-masked]; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:04:50 -0600
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:04:50 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=6 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=85 adultscore=71
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801120003
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__C230066_P2 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

072
WWPS21 NFFN 120900
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 12/0904 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08F [999HPA] WAS ANALYSED NEAR 15.3S 179.1W AT
120600UTC AND IS MOVING SLOWLY SOUTHEASTWARDS. POSITION POOR BASED ON
MTSAT EIR/IR IMAGERY WITH ANIMATION AND PERIPHERAL SURFACE
OBSERVATION. SST AROUND 29-30 DEGREE CELCIUS.
RECENT QUIKSCAT SHOWS FEW CYCLONIC CIRCULATIONS ALONG THE TROUGH BUT
A MORE DEFINED CENTRE NEAR 14.5S 178.0E, WHICH MAY MOST LIKELY BE THE
ORIGINAL CENTRE. HOWEVER, THE 0600UTC POSITION IS SUPPORTED BY
SURFACE REPORTS. CONVECTION REMAINS ACTIVE TO THE NORTH BUT IS STILL
DISORGANISED. CIMMS INDICATES THE SYSTEM LIES IN A MODERATELY SHEARED
ENVIRONMENT JUST SOUTH OF AN UPPER 250HPA RIDGE WITH UPPER LEVEL WEST
TO NORTHWESTERLIES STEERING IT SOUTHEASTWARD. WITH AN ACTIVE
CONVERGENCE ZONE TO THE NORTH AND A STRONG SURFACE RIDGE TO ITS
SOUTH, FURTHER DEVELOPMENT IS POSSIBLE. GLOBAL MODELS [UKGC,EC,GFS]
PREDICT 08F TO DEEPEN SLIGHTLY AND CONTINUE TO MOVE IT SOUTHEAST IN
THE NEXT 12-24 HOURS.

POTENTIAL FOR 08F TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT
24-48 HOURS IS LOW TO MODERATE.

NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN
THE AREA.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.