

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Tue,
12 Feb 2008 20:31:02 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from el-out-1112.google.com (el-out-1112.google.com [209.85.162.183])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m1CCUxdT057655	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:31:00 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by el-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id r23so2091347elf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Feb 2008 04:30:59 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.148.7 with SMTP id v7mr915658wfd.218.1202819458578; Tue,
12 Feb 2008 04:30:58 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.161.6 with SMTP id n6cs263956wfo; Tue,
12 Feb 2008 04:30:58 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.35.38.17 with SMTP id q17mr1359307pyj.47.1202819457411; Tue,
12 Feb 2008 04:30:57 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e18si58844qba.27.2008.02.12.04.30.55; Tue,
12 Feb 2008 04:30:57 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1AKHN0k001857; Tue,
12 Feb 2008 06:30:20 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14810297 for [email-masked]; Tue,
12 Feb 2008 06:30:20 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1CCUK6v029216 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:30:20 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1CCUDnl010501 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:30:20 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1CCUBrO025572 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:30:11 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m1CCUBvj025570 for [email-masked]; Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:30:11 -0600
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:30:11 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=98 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802120018
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_BLIZZARD_RCVD 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

095
ATHW40 PHFO 121230
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC TUE FEB 12 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 12 2008

WEATHER RADAR AND SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN INCREASE IN SHOWERS
OVER THE ISLAND/S WINDWARD WATERS IN THE PAST COUPLE OF HOURS. A
BATCH OF THESE SHOWERS ARE CURRENTLY PASSING THROUGH THE WINDWARD
COASTAL WATERS OF MOLOKAI AND OAHU WITH A FEW OF THEM PEELING OFF
AND ON TO OAHU/S WINDWARD SECTIONS AND KOOLAU MOUNTAINS. THE BAND OF
SHOWERS THREATENING THE BIG ISLAND EARLIER CONTINUES TO DO
SO...ALTHOUGH THE BAND HAS BECOME DISORGANIZED. THE SHOWERS
APPROACHING THE KAU COAST ARE CHANGING COURSE OVER THE COASTAL
WATERS BY MOVING PARALLEL TO THE COAST. THE SHOWERS THEN TAKE A
MORE EAST TO WEST MOVEMENT UPON REACHING THE VICINITY OF SOUTH
POINT. ELSEWHERE ALONG THE BIG ISLAND/S WINDWARD COAST...SCATTERED
SHOWERS ARE COMING ONSHORE AND DISSIPATING ACROSS PUNA/HILO
DISTRICTS. MOST OF THESE SHOWERS ARE LIGHT IN INTENSITY. ON THE
OTHER HAND...THE ISLAND/S LEEWARD WATERS ARE RELATIVELY SHOWER-FREE
WITH JUST A FEW LOW LEVEL CLOUDS. THE LOW LEVEL WIND FLOW HAS VEER
SLIGHTLY DURING THE PAST 8 HOURS AND IS MOST NOTICEABLE ACROSS THE
ISLAND/S WINDWARD COASTAL AND OFFSHORE WATERS. THE SPEEDS REMAINS AT
20 TO 25 MILES AN HOUR.

UNSTABLE TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS IN ASSOCIATION WITH AN UPPER LEVEL
TROUGH REMAINS 500 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. THESE CLOUDS
ARE MOSTLY BETWEEN 20N AND 10N FROM 150W TO 140W. ELSEWHERE A 330
MILE WIDE FRONTAL BAND IS LOCATED 700 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE
MULTILAYERED BAND OF CLOUDS AND SHOWERS CROSSED MIDWAY ATOLL/ISLANDS
EARLIER IN THE EVENING. ITS BACK EDGE IS NOW ABOUT 100 MILES AWAY
FROM REACHING THE ATOLL. THE BAND IS MOVING EAST AT 18 MPH. THE
DENSE HIGH CLOUDS RUNNING 300 MILES EAST OF THE FRONTAL BAND HAS
DISSIPATED CONSIDERABLY DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. SOME OF THESE
CLOUDS ARE STILL MOVING DOWN AND ACROSS THE ISLAND SKIES.

$$
LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.