

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 08:28:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from rv-out-0910.google.com (rv-out-0910.google.com [209.85.198.186])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0K0Si4T032054	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 08:28:46 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by rv-out-0910.google.com with SMTP id c24so1272411rvf.37 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:28:44 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.240.9 with SMTP id n9mr2784908wfh.6.1200788924470; Sat,
19 Jan 2008 16:28:44 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs164556wfi; Sat,
19 Jan 2008 16:28:44 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.203.4 with SMTP id a4mr11123144qbg.6.1200788923441; Sat,
19 Jan 2008 16:28:43 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id p14si7707257roh.6.2008.01.19.16.28.40; Sat,
19 Jan 2008 16:28:43 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0J767ra013410; Sat,
19 Jan 2008 18:27:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14464948 for [email-masked]; Sat,
19 Jan 2008 18:27:45 -0600
Received: from relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (relay3.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.121])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0K0Rimb021840 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:27:44 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0K0Rcs1023415 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:27:44 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0K0RcYv027698 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:27:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0K0RbMv027697 for [email-masked]; Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:27:37 -0600
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:27:37 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=5
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801190097
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

340
ATHW40 PHFO 200027
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN JAN 20 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 20 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW REMAINS 300 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HILO WITH ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS FORMING CLOSE TO THE CENTER OF THE LOW NEAR 17N 152W.
CUMULONIMBUS /CB/ TOPS ARE REACHING 40 THOUSAND FEET. THESE STORMS
HAVE REMAINED STATIONARY THROUGH THE DAY.

THE SUBTROPICAL JET IS PRODUCING AN AREA OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS
ALONG THE SOUTHEAST CIRCULATION OF THE AFOREMENTIONED UPPER LOW.
LAYERED CLOUDS AND CIRRUS START AT A POINT SOURCE WITHIN THE
ITCZ AT 5N 163W AND EXPANDS OUT IN A CONE SHAPE FASHION TOWARD THE
NORTHEAST. THE CONE OF CLOUDS IS 800 MILES ACROSS BY 145W AND SPANS
FROM 17N 148W AND 7N 142W. HIGH CLOUD FEATURES TRACKED BY SATELLITE
ARE MOVING AS FAST AS 100 MPH TOWARD THE NORTHEAST.

A FRONT 550 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI IS MOVING TO THE EAST AT 25 MPH
ALONG 27N AND IS STALLED NEAR THE DATELINE. THE FRONT IS COMPRISED
OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AS FAR SOUTH AS 25N.

BETWEEN 20N 30N AND 140W 150W LOW BROKEN STRATUS AND STRATOCUMULUS
/SC/ ARE MOVING WEST AT 20 MPH. LOW LEVEL CLOUDS ELSEWHERE ARE SC
AND ARE MOVING WEST BETWEEN 10 AND 20 MPH.

OVER THE ISLANDS...THE SMALLER ISLANDS HAVE SCATTERED TO BROKEN SC
OVER WINDWARD AREAS WITH FEW TO SCATTERED SC OVER LEEWARD AREAS. ON
THE BIG ISLAND LEEWARD COASTS AND LOWER SLOPES HAVE SCATTERED TO
BROKEN SC. THE HAMAKUA DISTRICT HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST SKIES WHILE
THE REST OF THE WINDWARD SIDE HAS SCATTERED TO BROKEN SC. BOTH
SUMMITS HAVE CLEAR SKIES.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.