

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Mon,
14 Jan 2008 13:31:09 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.181])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0E5V5pl040767	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:31:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so2189364pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:31:04 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.162.5 with SMTP id k5mr2256770wfe.171.1200288664116; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 21:31:04 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs174770wfi; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 21:31:03 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.44.4 with SMTP id r4mr13227622anr.55.1200288662407; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 21:31:02 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id m8si7843482roe.1.2008.01.13.21.30.59; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 21:31:02 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0CASpFS022615; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 23:30:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14411332 for [email-masked]; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 23:30:16 -0600
Received: from relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (relay03.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.69])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0E5UGMg017004 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:30:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0E5U9dM023767 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:30:15 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0E5U9G4029246 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:30:09 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0E5U9pp029245 for [email-masked]; Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:30:09 -0600
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:30:09 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=1
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801130191
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

842
ATHW40 PHFO 140530
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC MON JAN 14 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 14 2008

A 150 MILE WIDE CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A COLD FRONT IS LOCATED
OVER THE BIG ISLAND AND EXTENDS NORTHEAST 25N 147W...CONTINUING TO
THE NORTHEAST THE CLOUD BAND WIDTH EXPANDS TO 250 MILES BY 30N. THE
CLOUD BAND ALSO CONTINUES SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND DECREASING IN
WIDTH TO 50 MILES AS IT EXTENDS BACK TOWARDS THE DATELINE. FROM THE
BIG ISLAND TO 25N...THE BAND IS COMPRISED OF OVERCAST CUMULUS /CU/
AND STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS. FROM
25N TO 30N...THE BAND IS COMPOSED OF LAYERED OVERCAST CLOUDS WITH
SCATTERED EMBEDDED CUMULONIMBUS /CB/. BEHIND THE FRONT TO THE NORTH
AND NORTHWEST AS FAR WEST AS 165W...SCATTERED TO OVERCAST LOW SC ARE
RACING SOUTH AT 30 TO 40 MPH. WEST OF 165W...LOW BROKEN SC ARE
MOVING WEST AT 15 TO 25 MPH.

SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS...A STRONG SUBTROPICAL JET IS PRODUCING AN
AREA OF BROKEN CIRRUS WITHIN 10N 20N AND 160W 170W. THE CIRRUS IS
MOVING ALONG WITH THE JET TOWARD THE EAST AT 50 TO 70 MPH.

BETWEEN 10N AND 20N...LOW SCATTERED TO BROKEN SC ARE MOVING WEST TO
SOUTHWEST AT 20 TO 30 MPH.

OVER THE ISLANDS...SKIES ARE BROKEN WITH LOW SC OVER MUCH OF THE
SMALLER ISLANDS WITH SOUTHERN LEEWARD LOCATION BEING THE CLEAREST
WITH JUST SCATTERED SC. ON THE BIG ISLAND NORTH AND SOUTHERN COASTS
UP TO 5 THOUSAND FEET ARE OVERCAST WITH SC WHILE EAST AND WEST AREAS
ARE MOSTLY CLEAR. THE SUMMITS OF HALEAKALA AND MAUNA KEA AND LOA ARE
CLEAR.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.