

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sun,
17 Feb 2008 03:59:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.183])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m1GJxtAE084220	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 03:59:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so1139369pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:59:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.178.13 with SMTP id a13mr3290798wff.24.1203191994301; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 11:59:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.192.1 with SMTP id u1cs7540wfp; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 11:59:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.242.5 with SMTP id p5mr6976053qbh.31.1203191992706; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 11:59:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f17si4859629qba.35.2008.02.16.11.59.51; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 11:59:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1GDrUZd019880; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 13:59:06 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14875758 for [email-masked]; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 13:59:06 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1GJx5OH025516 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:59:05 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1GJwxhu014823 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:59:05 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1GJwxKL031280 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:58:59 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m1GJwwWq031279 for [email-masked]; Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:58:58 -0600
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:58:58 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802160040
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

787
FXPQ60 PGUM 161958
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
558 AM CHST SUN FEB 17 2008

.SYNOPSIS...SHEAR LINE CONTINUES TO BE DRAPED ACROSS ROTA. MOSTLY
CLOUDY SKIES PREVAIL ALONG AND NORTH OF THE BOUNDARY.

&&

.DISCUSSION...ONLY A FEW CHANGES HERE AND THERE. MODELS DO SHOW
THAT THE SHEAR LINE OVER THE AREA WILL BREAK UP DURING THE DAY.
GFS AND UKMET HINT AT A BRIEF RESURGENCE LATE MONDAY NIGHT AND
TUESDAY MORNING...BUT ONLY A SHORT PERIOD OF MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES.
ALSO KEPT SKIES PARTLY CLOUDY AFTER THAT.

&&
.MARINE...
NORTH SWELL WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE WHOLE WEEK. WW3 INDICATES
THAT SURF OVER GUAM SHOULD BE SLIGHTLY BELOW HAZARDOUS. THE SAME
MODEL INDICATES THAT IT WILL BE HAZARDOUS FOR SAIPAN. REMEMBERING
THAT THE POINT FOR GUAM IN THIS MODEL IS FURTHER SOUTH...DECIDED
NOT TO SPLIT HAIRS AND KEPT GUAM IN HAZARDOUS SURF. SWELLS MAY
DECREASE SLIGHTLY...BUT INCREASE AGAIN BY MID-WEEK. WITH THIS IN
MIND...HAZARDOUS SURF IS LIKELY THROUGH THE WHOLE WEEK.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
HIGH SURF EVENT SHOULD BE BEGINNING ON NORTHERN SHORES OF CHUUK AND
POHNPEI AS THIS IS WRITTEN. KOSRAE WILL PROBABLY BE ADDED LATER
TODAY...AND PERHAPS MAJURO LATER. WAVE WATCH TABULAR GUIDANCE
SUGGESTS A SECOND SURGE WILL REINVIGORATE SURF HEIGHTS TUESDAY AND
WEDNESDAY...MEANING HIGH SURF MAY LAST THROUGH AT LEAST MID-WEEK.

TROUGH HAS MOVED PAST MAJURO...WHICH WILL HAVE GRADUALLY CLEARING
WEATHER TODAY. CONVERGENCE WILL PROBABLY PERSIST LONGER NEAR KOSRAE
DUE TO ITS MORE SOUTHERN LATITUDE. SATELLITE IMAGERY AND MODEL
GUIDANCE BOTH SUGGEST ANOTHER WAVE EAST OF MAJURO AROUND 175E. THIS
WILL PROBABLY ENCROACH ON MAJURO BY WEDNESDAY MORNING...SINCE IT HAS
NOW LASTED A SECOND RUN...WENT WITH MOSTLY CLOUDY BUT KEPT ISOLATED
SHOWERS STILL FOR NOW.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
WAVE WATCH TABULAR DATA CONTINUES TO SUGGEST A MARGINAL HIGH SURF
EVENT TO BE POSSIBLE ON KOROR. DAY SHIFT MAY WISH TO ADD KOROR WHEN
IT IS NECESSARY TO UPDATE THE SURF ADVISORY ANYWAY. DID NOT DO
ANYTHING FOR NOW AS THE KOROR ADVISORY PROBABLY WILL NOT ARRIVE
UNTIL TONIGHT OR MONDAY AND THE ADVISORY DID NOT EXPIRE UNTIL THIS
AFTERNOON. INTERESTINGLY...EVENT DOES NOT LOOK QUITE AS IMPRESSIVE
ON YAP. WAVE WATCH TABULAR DATA ALSO HINT AT A MORE IMPRESSIVE EVENT
ARRIVING TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY. PREVIOUS PACKAGE SEEMED TO BE IN
GOOD SHAPE WEATHERWISE...SO MADE VERY FEW FORECAST ADJUSTMENTS.
REMAINDER OF THE FORECAST LOOKS RELATIVELY DRY AS NORTHEAST TO
SOUTHWEST-ORIENTED RIDGE STEERS SYSTEMS TOWARD THE EQUATOR.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...HIGH SURF ADVISORY UNTIL 6 PM CHST TUESDAY FOR GUZ001>004.

MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

ZIOBRO/STANKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.