

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 13:27:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.178])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0Q5QBJA096578	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 13:27:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so1859327waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:27:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.215.5 with SMTP id n5mr1700934wfg.177.1201325232898; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 21:27:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs69178wfi; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 21:27:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.181.12 with SMTP id d12mr6131907qbf.27.1201325231853; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 21:27:11 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id c5si2569537qbc.19.2008.01.25.21.27.09; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 21:27:11 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0PMHhpp009237; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 23:26:33 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14546477 for [email-masked]; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 23:26:33 -0600
Received: from relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (relay03.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.69])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0Q5QXlG016122 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:26:33 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0Q5QQpM023511 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:26:33 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0Q5QQLu013436 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:26:26 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0Q5QQAJ013435 for [email-masked]; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:26:26 -0600
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:26:26 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801250162
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

324
ATHW40 PHFO 260526
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SAT JAN 26 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 26 2008

A BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS MOVING ONTO WINDWARD PORTIONS OF THE
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM THE EAST...WHILE A NARROW SWATH OF BROKEN
HIGH CLOUDS IS PASSING OVER FROM THE WEST.

THE 100 MILE-WIDE LOW CLOUD BAND IS COMPRISED OF BROKEN CUMULUS
CENTERED FROM 26N 162W...ACROSS WINDWARD HAWAIIAN WATERS TO 21N
156W...AND FADING AT 19N 149W. INDIVIDUAL CLOUDS WITHIN THE BAND ARE
TRAVELLING FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST AT 30 TO 35 MPH. WHILE BROKEN
LOW CLOUDS PERSIST OVER THE SOUTH KONA DISTRICT OF THE BIG ISLAND...
DETAILS OF LOW CLOUD COVERAGE OVER LAND DUE TO THE BAND IS BEING
OBSCURED BY A SWATCH OF HIGH CLOUDS PASSING OVERHEAD FROM THE WEST.

THE HIGH CLOUDS PASSING OVER THE ISLANDS ORIGINATE FROM A NEARLY
STATIONARY SURFACE TROUGH AND UPPER LOW SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES WEST
OF KAUAI. THE UPPER LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 22N 170W AND SITS AT THE
BASE OF AN UPPER TROUGH EXTENDING THROUGH 30N 170W. THESE
FEATURES...COMBINED WITH AN UNDERLYING SURFACE TROUGH...ARE
GENERATING A 600 MILE-WIDE AREA OF BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS CENTERED
ALONG 19N 169W AND 30N 167W. ISOLATED...EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS RISE
AS HIGH AS 38 KFT IN THIS AREA ABOUT 400 MILES WEST OF KAUAI. THE
NARROW SWATH OF HIGH CLOUDS ORIGINATING FROM THIS AREA PARTIALLY
REVEALS THE HIGH AMPLIFIED PATTERN ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC BY
ROUNDING THE TOP OF A DIRTY UPPER RIDGE ALONG 162W...THEN HEADING
SOUTHEASTWARD OVER THE ISLANDS TOWARD A MUCH LARGER UPPER TROUGH TO
THE EAST.

THE UPPER TROUGH EAST OF THE STATE OCCUPIES MUCH OF THE NORTHEAST
PACIFIC AND IS SUPPORTING A STORM LOW OFF CENTRAL CALIFORNIA. THE
CIRCULATION AROUND THIS CUTOFF LOW IS SENDING AND AREA OF RATHER
DRY AND STABLE BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS OVER MOST OF THE AREA
NORTHEAST OF THE LOW CLOUD BAND OVER THE ISLANDS. IN FACT...
SATELLITE DERIVED PRECIPITABLE WATER VALUES ARE DOWN TO JUST OVER
1/2 INCH ONLY 225 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE STATE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.