

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sat,
19 Jan 2008 13:24:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.177])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0J5Otqq075850	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 19 Jan 2008 13:24:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so2391052waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 21:24:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.72.21 with SMTP id u21mr2542130wfa.65.1200720294845; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 21:24:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs116610wfi; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 21:24:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.72.7 with SMTP id z7mr9086076qbk.76.1200720293523; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 21:24:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id p13si1637023roh.16.2008.01.18.21.24.51; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 21:24:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0ILXYhW001033; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 23:24:21 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14458186 for [email-masked]; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 23:24:21 -0600
Received: from relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (relay03.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.69])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0J5OLnc003937 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:24:21 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0J5OEVD010557 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:24:21 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0J5OEwB023668 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:24:14 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0J5OEBZ023667 for [email-masked]; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:24:14 -0600
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:24:14 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801180159
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

311
ATHW40 PHFO 190524
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SAT JAN 19 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 19 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH TRIGGERED THUNDERSTORMS ALONG SURFACE
TROUGHING ACROSS THE EASTERN END OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS TODAY.
ALTHOUGH THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE ISLANDS HAVE CEASED...SCATTERED
THUNDERSTORMS PERSIST 150 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS ROUGHLY ALONG 158W BETWEEN 30N AND 21N...
TERMINATING NEAR OAHU. THE TROUGH IS WEAK AND DIFFICULT TO
LOCATE...WITH ONLY SMALL AREAS OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ALONG THE
FEATURE AND A SMALL AREAS OF THUNDERSTORMS NEAR 30N 154W AND NEAR
26N 153W. THUNDERSTORMS NEAR MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND DISSIPATED
ABOUT TWO HOURS AGO...LEAVING AREAS OF BROKEN LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS
WHICH HAVE THINNED SUBSTANTIALLY IN THE PAST HOUR. OAHU IS IN A
RATHER CLEAR...SUBSIDENT AREA WEST OF THE DISSIPATING CONVECTION...
WHILE BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING OVER WINDWARD KAUAI ON A LIGHT
EAST NORTHEAST FLOW AT 10 TO 15 MPH. SIMILAR CLOUD MOTIONS WERE
FOUND NEAR THE BIG ISLAND...BUT JUST NORTH AND WEST OF OAHU...CLOUD
MOVEMENTS WERE MORE EASTERLY AND STRONGER...IN EXCESS OF 20 MPH...
PROBABLY DUE TO OUTFLOW FROM THE DISSIPATING CONVECTION.

THE UPPER TROUGH TRIGGERING THE CONVECTION IS MOVING OVER THE MAIN
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM THE WEST AND IS PINCHING OFF AN UPPER LOW
ABOUT 150 MILES OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE UPPER TROUGH AXIS IS
TRAVELLING TO THE EAST AT 15 MPH AND IS CENTERED ALONG 30N 154W...
20N 156W...AND 17N 156W WHERE THE UPPER LOW IS DEVELOPING. THE UPPER
LOW HAS CONCENTRATED THE GREATEST INSTABILITY ACROSS ANOTHER
SURFACE TROUGH SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. THIS FEATURE RUNS ALONG
19N 152W AND 16N 155W AND IS TRAVELLING TO THE WEST NEAR 15 MPH.
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS RISE TO 38000 FT WITHIN 60 MILES OF THIS
SURFACE TROUGH.

ELSEWHERE...A FRONT 800 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI IS MOVING TO THE
EAST NEAR 20 MPH. THE FRONT IS COMPRISED OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST
LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 175 MILES OF A LINE THROUGH 30N 170W AND 26N
180.

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.