

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 02:26:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wr-out-0506.google.com (wr-out-0506.google.com [64.233.184.231])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0UIQAFD086399	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 02:26:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wr-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id 70so310027wra.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:26:09 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.112.5 with SMTP id k5mr562668wfc.57.1201717568329; Wed,
30 Jan 2008 10:26:08 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs5436wfi; Wed,
30 Jan 2008 10:26:07 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.150.58.5 with SMTP id g5mr228924yba.158.1201717564789; Wed,
30 Jan 2008 10:26:04 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id a5si819864qbd.17.2008.01.30.10.26.02; Wed,
30 Jan 2008 10:26:04 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0TLJVI2009237; Wed,
30 Jan 2008 12:25:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14606654 for [email-masked]; Wed,
30 Jan 2008 12:25:16 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0UIPFFk016129 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:25:15 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0UIP9YD024408 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:25:15 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0UIP8vj005063 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:25:08 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0UIP8VN005062 for [email-masked]; Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:25:08 -0600
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:25:08 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801300047
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_MEDIA_BODY 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

668
ATHW40 PHFO 301825
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED JAN 30 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 30 2008

A LOW ALOFT CONTINUES TO SPIN OVER THE STATE THIS MORNING.  WATER
VAPOR IMAGERY AND SATELLITE DERIVED WINDS SUGGEST THE CENTER IS
LOCATED ABOUT 75 MILES WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  THE LOW IS NEARLY
STATIONARY AND STARTING TO ELONGATE ROUGHLY ALONG ITS EAST WEST
AXIS.  TOWERING CUMULUS AND THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO FIRE UP
NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER ESPECIALLY FROM THE WINDWARD SLOPES OF MAUI
THEN EASTWARD ABOUT 200 MILES.  ANOTHER BAND WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS EXTENDS FROM 80 MILES SOUTH OF SOUTH POINT TO 200
MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF HILO.  A COUPLE OF THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO
NORTHEAST OF OAHU MOVING WEST SOUTHWESTWARD AT 25 MILES PER HOUR.

BETWEEN 23N AND 25N TO THE NORTH OF THE THUNDERSTORM
ACTIVITY...SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING TOWARD THE WEST
SOUTHWEST AT 25 TO 30 MILES PER HOUR.  THE UNSTABLE CONDITIONS
PRODUCED BY THE UPPER LEVEL LOW HAS MADE THESE CLOUDS RATHER SHOWERY
IN APPEARANCE.

OUR FIRST VISIBLE IMAGES OF THE DAY REVEAL SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW
CLOUDS OVER THE WINDWARD SLOPES OF KAUAI AND OAHU AND FEW TO
SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER REMAINING AREAS OF BOTH ISLANDS.  BROKEN
LOW CLOUDS COVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AND EAST MOLOKAI BUT WEST
MOLOKAI AND ALL OF LANAI ARE UNDER MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES.  MOST OF MAUI
IS COVERED BY OVERCAST CLOUD LAYERS DUE TO SHOWER AND THUNDERSTORM
ACTIVITY ALONG THE WINDWARD SLOPES.  PATCHY BROKEN CLOUDS COVER THE
MIDDLE AND UPPER SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND BUT REMAINING AREAS ARE
MOSTLY CLEAR THIS MORNING.

$$

KODAMA/TANABE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.