

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 20:01:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from nz-out-0506.google.com (nz-out-0506.google.com [64.233.162.237])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m09C1CQw091700	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 09 Jan 2008 20:01:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by nz-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id q3so68033nzb.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 04:01:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.125.5 with SMTP id x5mr137846wfc.124.1199880072044; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 04:01:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs553810wfi; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 04:01:11 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.140.128.11 with SMTP id a11mr335160rvd.232.1199880071793; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 04:01:11 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id p6si882199roc.0.2008.01.09.04.01.09; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 04:01:11 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0860uXj023583; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 06:00:18 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14358712 for [email-masked]; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 06:00:18 -0600
Received: from relay6.cso.uiuc.edu (relay6.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.12])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m09C0Iew004703 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 06:00:18 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay6.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m09C0B8Q012912 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 06:00:17 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m09C0Arj027789 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 06:00:10 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m09C098r027788 for [email-masked]; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 06:00:09 -0600
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 06:00:09 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=14 adultscore=2
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801090027
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 0.5, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2_1 0,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0,
__RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

688
ATHW40 PHFO 091200
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC WED JAN 09 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC JANUARY 09 2008

HIGH CLOUDS HAVE RECENTLY FORMED OVER AND SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS.
THUS...CEILINGS ARE OCCURRING FROM TIME TO TIME OVER OAHU AND MAUI
COUNTY...AND THEIR ADJACENT WATERS...THIS EARLY MORNING.

AT THE LOWER LEVELS...SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR AS OF BULLETIN
TIME.   HOWEVER...WIND CONVERGENCE SOUTHEAST OF A FRONT HAS
GENERATED LOW CEILINGS IN NORTHERN COASTAL AND UPSLOPE PARTS OF
MAUI...INCLUDING THE CENTRAL VALLEY.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE
EAST NEAR 15 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND...SOUTH OF THE
ISLANDS...REMAINS OUT OF THE EAST.  NORTH OF THE STATE...THE LOW
LEVEL FLOW VEERS ABRUPTLY TOWARD THE SOUTH AND SOUTH/SOUTHWEST AT
LESS THAN 10 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO MAUI COUNTY.  NEAR OAHU AND
KAUAI...WINDS ARE LIGHT AND VARIABLE.

WIND CONVERGENCE AS DISCUSSED ABOVE IS CAUSING SCATTERED TO BROKEN
LOW CLOUDINESS NORTH OF MAUI COUNTY...AND IMMEDIATELY EAST AND
SOUTHEAST OF LANAI.  DISCOUNTING ANY HIGH CLOUDS...CONDITIONS ARE
OTHERWISE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

A ROPE CLOUD...WHICH REPRESENTS THE LEAD EDGE OF A COLD FRONT...IS
200 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AS OF THIS WRITING.  SOUTH OF 25N...
THIS FEATURE HAS BECOME MORE TENUOUS WITH TIME...AND IS DISSIPATING
SOUTH OF 23N.  ALONG 30N...THE FRONT HAS BEEN MOVING TOWARD THE EAST
AT 20 TO 25 MPH OVER THE PAST SEVEN HOURS.  SOUTH OF 25N...THE
BOUNDARY HAS BEEN HEADING TOWARD THE SOUTHEAST NEAR 10 MPH.  THE
MAIN BODY OF THE SYSTEM...MADE UP OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED
CLOUDS...IS LOCATED AT SOME DISTANCE WEST AND NORTHWEST OF THE ROPE
CLOUD.  MOST OF THIS CLOUDINESS IS FOUND WITHIN 90 MILES EITHER SIDE
OF A LINE FROM 30N161W TO 24.5N169W TO 20.5N178W.

THE AREAL COVERAGE AND INTENSITY OF CONVECTION ALONG THE
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE SOUTH OF HAWAII HAS DECREASED SINCE
LAST EVENING.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS THAT
REMAIN ARE CURRENTLY BOUNDED BY 13.5N167.5W 10N156W 08N157.5W
10N163.5W AND 09N169W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.