

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Wed,
02 Jan 2008 15:06:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from rv-out-0910.google.com (rv-out-0910.google.com [209.85.198.186])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m02766gR044474	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 02 Jan 2008 15:06:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by rv-out-0910.google.com with SMTP id c24so4007541rvf.37 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 01 Jan 2008 23:06:14 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.148.7 with SMTP id v7mr953348wfd.153.1199257574215; Tue,
01 Jan 2008 23:06:14 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs100409wfi; Tue,
01 Jan 2008 23:06:13 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.101.70.5 with SMTP id x5mr8557269ank.35.1199257572676; Tue,
01 Jan 2008 23:06:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id g34si16540118rob.13.2008.01.01.23.06.10; Tue,
01 Jan 2008 23:06:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id lBVDjriC005033; Wed,
02 Jan 2008 00:59:55 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14461764 for [email-masked]; Wed,
02 Jan 2008 00:59:55 -0600
Received: from relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (relay7.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.108])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m026xtaY018020 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:59:55 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m026xm9q025710 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:59:55 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m026xm6b029515 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:59:48 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m026xmKE029514 for [email-masked]; Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:59:48 -0600
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:59:48 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801010144
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

993
FXPQ60 PGUM 020659
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
459 PM CHST WED JAN 2 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
MODERATE TRADE WINDS ARE VERY DRY ACROSS THE MARIANAS RIGHT NOW
WITH NOTHING ON THE RADAR AND SFC DEWPOINTS AROUND 70F. VIS
SATELLITE SHOWS TRADE WIND SHOWERS UPWIND THAT MAY MOVE IN
OVERNIGHT. STRONG SHEAR LINE 400 MILES NW OF MARIANAS HAS BEEN
STATIONARY ALL DAY. NW SWELL GENERATED BY STRONG WINDS NORTH OF
THE SHEAR LINE HAVE ARRIVED IN THE MARIANAS AND ARE PRODUCING HIGH
SURF.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
GFS BRINGS THE SHEAR LINE CLOSER OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS BUT KEEPS
IT NORTH OF SAIPAN THRU 120 HRS...AS DOES THE UKMET THRU 72 HRS.
NOGAPS REPRESENTS THE MINORITY OPINION...KEEPING THE SHEAR LINE
JUST NW OF US BUT BRINGING A SMALL TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE THROUGH
THE ISLANDS THU AND FRI. WILL STAY WITH GFS/UK..AS NOTHING UPSTREAM
ON SATELLITE SUGGESTS THE NOGAPS SCENARIO. THEREFORE...HAVE TAKEN
OUT MOSTLY CLOUDY AND WILL STAY WITH PC/ISOL SHOWERS. ALMOST WENT
WITH SLGT CHC OF SHOWERS OVERNIGHT...BUT ISOL TRADE SHOWERS UPWIND
ON SATELLITE COULD ARRIVE BY MIDNIGHT.

&&

.MARINE/SURF...
NW SWELL HAS ARRIVED AND SURF IS HITTING 10 TO 11 FT ON N AND NW
EXPOSURES OF GUAM. EXTENDED THE HIGH SURF ADVY THROUGH FRI
AFTERNOON ACCORDING TO LATEST WAVE MODEL GUIDANCE. A SMALL CRAFT
ADVY WILL PROBABLY BE NEEDED LATE THU OR THU NITE AS COMBINED SEAS
NEAR 10 FEET.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
LITTLE CHANGE TO FORECAST REASONING. CONVECTION DRIVEN BY TRADE-WIND
CONVERGENCE LOOKS TOO WEAK ON BOTH SATELLITE AND IN THE MODELS TO
JUSTIFY SCATTERED COVERAGE DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD. PRIMARY
FORECAST CONCERN REMAINS THE TRADE-WIND SURGE AND RELATED HIGH SURF
EVENT CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS. EVENT AT MAJURO LOOKS ROBUST ENOUGH FOR
A HIGH SURF WARNING ON FRIDAY ON EAST-FACING EXPOSURES. LATEST WAVE
WATCH RUN HAS TRENDED UP A FOOT ON FRIDAY...THUS WOULD RECOMMEND THE
NIGHT SHIFT UPGRADE THE ADVISORY TO A WARNING ON MAJURO FOR FRIDAY.
FOR KOSRAE...STILL LOOKS LIKE SURF WILL BUILD TO HAZARDOUS HEIGHTS
ON NORTH AND EAST-FACING EXPOSURES THURSDAY. NIGHT SHIFT WOULD BE A
GOOD TIME TO PICK UP KOSRAE ON THE HIGH SURF LIST. HIGH SURF EVENT
ON MAJURO AND KOSRAE LOOKS TIMED TO END ON SUNDAY.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
WEATHER HERE LOOKS RELATIVELY DRY...EXCEPT FOR THE OVERNIGHT PERIOD
ON YAP. A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS CURRENTLY SEEN IN VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY BEARING DOWN ON YAP FROM THE EAST-NORTHEAST. AWIPS
DISTANCE/SPEED TOOL GIVES A GUST FACTOR A HAIR BELOW 30 KT...SO WAS
CONSERVATIVE WITH A GUST FACTOR OF 25 KT. AGAIN...MAIN FORECAST
CONCERN HERE IS HIGH SURF. TWEAKED AFFECTED EXPOSURES TO NORTH BASED
UPON FETCH ORIENTATION SEEN ON THE MORNING QUIKSCAT IMAGERY AND WAVE
WATCH TABULAR DATA. OTHERWISE...LOOKS LIKE NORTH SWELL ENERGY WILL
PEAK THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. EXPECT SURF TO DROP BELOW 9 FT BY SUNDAY
ON KOROR AND YAP.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...HIGH SURF ADVISORY UNTIL 6 PM CHST FRIDAY FOR GUZ001>004.

MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

MIDDLEBROOKE/MCELROY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.