

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Tue,
22 Jan 2008 03:41:42 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wr-out-0506.google.com (wr-out-0506.google.com [64.233.184.234])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0LJfbnf094415	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 03:41:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wr-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id 50so808443wri.25 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:41:33 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.16.9 with SMTP id t9mr3436374wfi.107.1200944492852; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 11:41:32 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs287034wfi; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 11:41:32 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.138.4 with SMTP id q4mr15644436qbn.29.1200944490927; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 11:41:30 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e17si5806096qbe.1.2008.01.21.11.41.24; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 11:41:30 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0KE01CM002308; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 13:40:13 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14483719 for [email-masked]; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 13:40:13 -0600
Received: from relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (relay7.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.108])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0LJeDZj006865 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:40:13 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0LJe6qP011332 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:40:12 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0LJe6wL007066 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:40:06 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0LJe55l007065 for [email-masked]; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:40:05 -0600
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:40:05 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801210091
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

525
FXPQ60 PGUM 211939
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
539 AM CHST TUE JAN 22 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
SATELLITE AND RADAR IMAGERY CONFIRM TONIGHT WHAT THE MODELS HAVE
ADVERTISED FOR DAYS...THAT A WEAKENING SHEAR LINE WOULD PASS THROUGH
THE MARIANAS...FOLLOWED BY DRIER AIR IN ITS WAKE.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
NO BIG CHANGES TO THE GRIDS. MODELS STILL BRING IN THE TRADE-WIND
SURGE BEHIND THE SHEAR LINE FOR THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK. PRIMARY
FORECAST CONCERN REMAINS WINDS...SEAS AND SURF. PLEASE SEE MARINE
DISCUSSION SECTION FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...A SURFACE WAVE IS MERGING INTO THE
WEAK CIRCULATION SOUTHWEST OF POHNPEI. CONVERGENCE ALONG THE BACK
SIDE OF THE WAVE WILL CONTINUE TO GENERATE SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER
POHNPEI AND KOSRAE THROUGH THIS MORNING. ONCE THE WAVE HAS BEEN
ABSORBED BY THE CIRCULATION...CONVERGENCE WILL EASE AND LEAD TO
DECREASING SHOWER COVERAGE LATER THIS AFTERNOON. FRESH TRADES WILL
THEN DOMINATE THE AREA WITH DRIER CONDITIONS INTO THE WEEKEND.
MAJURO IS ALREADY UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF FRESH TRADES AND WILL
REMAIN SO THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD.

LATEST COMPUTER WAVE GUIDANCE CONTINUES TO SHOW THAT SURF ALONG
NORTH FACING SHORES ON POHNPEI WILL REMAIN AT THE ADVISORY LEVEL
OF 9 FT THROUGH WEDNESDAY. THEREFORE THE HIGH SURF ADVISORY
REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR POHNPEI.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
THE NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH CONTINUES TO STAY WELL SOUTH OF
KOROR...YAP AND CHUUK. NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES FROM THE PREVIOUS
FORECAST ARE EXPECTED THROUGH WEDNESDAY. LATEST GFS AND ECMWF
MODELS OUTPUT PRESENTS SOME DEVIATION FROM PREVIOUS RUNS. THE
CIRCULATION CURRENTLY SOUTHEAST OF CHUUK WILL DRIFT WEST-SOUTHWEST
AND CROSS THE EQUATOR AS A BUFFER NEAR 145E ON WEDNESDAY. A PIECE
OF THE ENERGY FROM THIS SYSTEM MIGHT PROPAGATE ALONG THE TROUGH
AXIS AND CREATE INSTABILITY FOR YAP AND PALAU ON THURSDAY. FOR THE
TIME BEING...CLOUDINESS HAS BEEN INTRODUCED FOR THESE LOCATIONS.
STRONG HIGH PRESSURE COMING OFF THE ASIAN CONTINENT IS STILL
EXPECTED TO STRENGTHEN TRADE WINDS ACROSS PALAU AND YAP BY FRIDAY.

TRADE WINDS CONVERGING INTO THE CIRCULATION TO THE SOUTHEAST WILL
KEEP PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSHOWERS OVER CHUUK
THROUGH TONIGHT. FRESH TRADES FROM THE EAST ARE EXPECTED TO FINALLY
PUSH THE CIRCULATION WESTWARD AWAY FROM CHUUK DURING WEDNESDAY.
THIS WILL BRING IN MORE STABLE AIR AND REDUCE CLOUD COVER THROUGH
SATURDAY.

LATEST COMPUTER WAVE GUIDANCE INDICATES SURF ALONG NORTH-FACING
SHORES ON CHUUK WILL REMAIN AT THE ADVISORY LEVEL OF 9 FT AND WILL
PERSIST THROUGH WEDNESDAY. THEREFORE THE HIGH SURF ADVISORY
REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR CHUUK.

&&

.MARINE...
WILL USE THE IPAN BUOY TO INITIALIZE COMBINED SEAS ATTRIBUTABLE TO
TRADE WINDS. WAVE WATCH TABULAR DATA SUGGEST FORECAST IS A BIT
CONSERVATIVE REGARDING THE MARIANAS HIGH SURF ADVISORY END TIME.
HOWEVER...IN LIGHT OF RECENT TRENDS EXTENDING THE END TIME OF THE
CURRENT HIGH SURF EVENT...WILL MAINTAIN WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON END
TIME. COMBINED SEAS RIGHT NOW APPEAR TO BE ABOUT A FOOT BELOW THE
COMBINED SEAS THRESHOLD OF 10 FEET. HOWEVER...EXPECT IMMINENT
TRADE-WIND SURGE WILL CAUSE SEAS TO REBUILD ONCE AGAIN IN A FEW
HOURS SO LEFT BOTH THE HIGH SURF AND SMALL CRAFT ADVISORIES RIDE.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...HIGH SURF ADVISORY UNTIL 6 PM CHST WEDNESDAY FOR GUZ001>004.

MARIANAS WATERS...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR HAZARDOUS SEAS UNTIL 6
PM CHST WEDNESDAY FOR PMZ151>154.

&&

$$

MCELROY/CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.