

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Wed,
06 Feb 2008 02:24:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from rn-out-0910.google.com (rn-out-0910.google.com [64.233.170.186])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m15IOAHW001669	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 06 Feb 2008 02:24:11 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by rn-out-0910.google.com with SMTP id e23so978251rng.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 05 Feb 2008 10:24:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.230.11 with SMTP id c11mr4570124wfh.25.1202235850081; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 10:24:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs246287wfi; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 10:24:09 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.86.31.18 with SMTP id e18mr3124668fge.68.1202235845091; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 10:24:05 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id d4si8510480fga.2.2008.02.05.10.23.57; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 10:24:05 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m15Hnk6t001857; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 12:23:19 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14693390 for [email-masked]; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 12:23:19 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m15INJXb015209 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:23:19 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m15INCQv019753 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:23:18 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m15INCL3025086 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:23:12 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m15INCFN025085 for [email-masked]; Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:23:12 -0600
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:23:12 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802050046
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

268
ATHW40 PHFO 051823
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC TUE FEB 05 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC FEBRUARY 05 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH WEST OF KAUAI IS SENDING A SHIELD OF BROKEN
HIGH CLOUDS OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING. THE NEARLY
STATIONARY UPPER TROUGH RUNS ALONG 30N 158W...TO 22N 164W...TO A
DEVELOPING UPPER LOW 525 MILES SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI NEAR 17N 167W...
TO 10N 169W. THE DEVELOPING UPPER LOW IS TRIGGERING ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 40 KFT WITHIN 250 MILES OF THE CENTER ON
ITS EASTERN SEMICIRCLE. THE UPPER LOW IS ALSO GENERATING THE SWATH
OF HIGH CLOUDS ACROSS THE REGION. BROKEN TO OVERCAST CIRRUS COVER
MOST OF THE AREA SOUTH OF 23N BETWEEN 165W AND 149W.

DETAILS OF THE LOW CLOUD COVER OVER THE STATE ARE OBSCURED BY THE
CIRRUS...BUT THINNING HIGH CLOUDS OVER AND NORTH OF KAUAI AND OAHU
REVEAL A MODERATE TRADE WIND FLOW WITH INDIVIDUAL LOW CLOUDS MOVING
FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST AT 25 TO 30 MPH. SATELLITE MICROWAVE
IMAGERY...WHICH CAN SENSE THROUGH THE HIGH CLOUDS...DETECTS A BAND
OF PRECIPITABLE WATER UP TO 1.8 INCHES JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND
AND MAUI. THESE VALUES RAPIDLY TAPER OFF TO 1.25 INCHES JUST EAST OF
KAUAI...SUGGESTING A GREATER AMOUNT OF CLOUDS AND SHOWERS
APPROACHING THE EASTERN END OF THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS MORNING.

ELSEWHERE...A COLD FRONT IS SKIRTING JUST NORTHWEST OF 30N 180. LOW
CLOUD MOTIONS REVEAL A LOW LEVEL RIDGE OVER MIDWAY ATOLL.

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.