

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Wed,
06 Feb 2008 04:00:53 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from rn-out-0910.google.com (rn-out-0910.google.com [64.233.170.189])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m15K0onW097478	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 06 Feb 2008 04:00:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by rn-out-0910.google.com with SMTP id e23so1028027rng.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:00:50 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.103.6 with SMTP id a6mr4644027wfc.109.1202241649295; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 12:00:49 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs256222wfi; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 12:00:49 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.78.21.7 with SMTP id 7mr15658556huu.5.1202241644817; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 12:00:44 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id t2si9422684gve.3.2008.02.05.12.00.39; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 12:00:44 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m15DFKxU009237; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 13:51:48 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14694866 for [email-masked]; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 13:51:48 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m15Jpm96002365 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:51:48 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m15JpfiB025819 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:51:47 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m15JpfTC015654 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:51:41 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m15JpfgL015649 for [email-masked]; Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:51:41 -0600
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:51:41 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802050046
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

014
FXPQ60 PGUM 051951
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
551 AM CHST WED FEB 6 2008

.SYNOPSIS...ONLY A FEW SHOWERS AND MODERATE TO FRESH TRADE-WIND
FLOW WAS ACROSS THE MARIANAS THIS MORNING.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
GFS...UKMET AND ECMWF SHOW THAT WINDS PEAK TODAY AND THEN WILL
GRADUALLY SUBSIDE AFTER MIDNIGHT. WINDS WILL BE LIGHTER THURSDAY.
ON FRIDAY WINDS START INCREASING AND WILL PEAK ON SATURDAY. NGPS
ALSO HINT AT THE SAME STORY LINE. GFS CONTINUES TO SHOW A VIGORUS
TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE PASSING SOUTH OF GUAM SATURDAY. THE NGPS
AND ECMWF DO NOT SHOW THIS. BOTH THESE MODELS HOWEVER DO SHOW A
LARGE AREA OF SHOWERS...BUT KEEP THEM SOUTH OF 10N. THE WINDS
PROBABLY INCREASE BECAUSE OF THE TIGHTEND GRADIENT. STILL HARD TO
SEE IF WE GET ANY RAIN FROM THIS TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE DURING THE
WEEKEND. THE GFS...THE MODEL THAT HAS SHOWN THIS FOR DAYS...KEEPS
THE BULK IF NOT ALL OF THE SHOWERS SOUTH OF GUAM. WILL KEEP IT OUT
OF THE FORECAST UNTIL MORE IS KNOWN. WE PROBABLY WILL SEE AN
INCREASE IN CLOUDS AND MAYBE A FEW MORE SHOWERS...BUT PROBABLY NOT
SCATTERED IN COVERAGE.

&&
.MARINE...
GUST TO 30 KNOTS IN FORECAST FOR TODAY. WITH GUST IN THE MID 20S
THIS MORNING AT APRA HARBOR AND MID 20S ON THE VAD SEEM THIS AS
QUITE POSSIBLE. LITTLE IN THE WAY OF GUST UNTIL SATURDAY WITH
INCREASE GRADIENT WINDS AS MENTIONED ABOVE.

NORTHERLY SWELL AND EASTERLY TRADE-WIND SWELL CONTNIUE THROUGH THE
FORECAST PERIOD. MODELS SHOW SEAS WILL BE AROUND 9 FEET UNTIL
SUBSIDING TONIGHT. BOUY SEEMS TO AGREE...SO WILL NOT ISSUE SMALL
CRAFT ADVISORY.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO FORECAST REASONING. HIGH SURF EPISODE ON
NORTH AND EAST FACING REEFS WILL CONTINUE FOR ALL 3 FORECAST
POINTS...WITH A BRIEF PAUSE ON POHNPEI LATER TODAY THROUGH THURSDAY
BEFORE THE SURF REBUILDS. MAJURO FORECAST LOOKS RELATIVELY
DRY...WITH TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE SETTING UP TO THE SOUTH.
TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS ALREADY SETTING UP OVER KOSRAE...WITH
MODELS CALLING FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF SCATTERED SHOWERS THROUGH
SATURDAY. UPSTREAM SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGESTS THIS FORECAST SCENARIO
IS PLAUSIBLE. FOR POHNPEI...STILL LOOKING FOR SCATTERED SHOWERS TO
RETURN THURSDAY AND FRIDAY.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO THE STORY WITH NO HIGH SURF EVENTS
FORESEEN THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD. SAME SYSTEM AFFECTING POHNPEI
WILL AFFECT CHUUK THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY.
TRADE-DISTURBANCE/INVERTED SURFACE TROUGH IS EXPECTED TO BRING
SCATTERED SHOWERS TO YAP TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT...AND TO
KOROR THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. HAVE TAKEN A WAIT AND SEE ATTITUDE WITH
RESPECT TO WEATHER SYSTEMS IN EASTERN MICRONESIA.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

ZIOBRO/MCELROY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.