

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 15:39:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.176])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m097d3Q1018612	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:39:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so164807pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:39:02 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.99.21 with SMTP id w21mr42663wfb.55.1199864342651; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 23:39:02 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs537238wfi; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 23:39:01 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.94.14 with SMTP id r14mr837191anb.101.1199864340672; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 23:39:00 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id p14si651512roh.6.2008.01.08.23.38.58; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 23:39:00 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m097NWmb010306; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 01:37:33 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14357694 for [email-masked]; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 01:37:33 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m097bXai011214 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 01:37:33 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m097bPen005860 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 01:37:32 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m097bP6R022994 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 01:37:25 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m097bPFv022993 for [email-masked]; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 01:37:25 -0600
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 01:37:25 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=12 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801080257
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

659
FXPQ60 PGUM 090737
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
537 PM CHST WED JAN 9 2008

.SYNOPSIS...A FEW ISOLATED SHOWERS WERE PRESENT ACROSS THE
MARIANAS EARLY IN THE DAY. AN AREA OF CONVERGENCE TO THE SOUTH AND
SOUTHEAST OF GUAM WAS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS IN A THIN BAND.
THIS AREA WAS MAINLY OUTSIDE THE GUAM COASTAL WATERS BY LATE AFTERNOON.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
GFS40 AND ECMWF INDICATE SHOWER AREA TO THE SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST OF
GUAM BUBBLING UP OVERNIGHT AND BRINGING SCATTERED SHOWERS FOR A
BRIEF TIME TO GUAM. UKMET SHOWS SAME AREA BUT KEEPS IT FURTHER
SOUTH. RADAR AND SATELLITE SEEM TO AGREE WITH THE GFS AND ECMWF
AND FOR THAT REASON SPLIT GUAM FROM THE REST OF THE MARIANAS.

KEPT THE REST OF THE FORECAST BASICALLY AS IS WITH ISOLATED
SHOWERS THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF THE PERIOD. WINDS BECOME BREEZY
ACROSS GUAM TOMORROW AND TOMORROW NIGHT FOR THE REST OF THE
MARIANAS. THESE ELEVATED TRADE-WINDS CONTINUE THROUGH FRIDAY
NIGHT...ALTHOUGH PERIODS OF GUSTY WINDS ARE LIKELY THROUGH THE WEEKEND.

&&
.MARINE...
A TRADE-WIND INDUCED EAST SWELL PREVAILS THROUGH THE FORECAST. THE
EARLIER FORECAST HAD THIS IN AND I FELT NO NEED TO TAKE THIS OUT.
ALSO THE EARLIER FORECAST HAD PERIODS OF NORTH SWELL MOVING ACROSS
THE MARIANAS AND THE LATEST WW3 CONCURS.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
LITTLE CHANGE...TRADE-WIND SURGE SET TO INFRINGE UPON EASTERN
MICRONESIAN ZONES TOMORROW. IN RESPONSE...HAVE BROUGHT SCATTERED
POPS TO MAJURO TOMORROW AND FRIDAY...THEN TO KOSRAE AND POHNPEI FROM
FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY. GLOBAL WAVE WATCH MODEL CONTINUES TO INDICATE
COMBINED SEAS THAT WILL BREACH HIGH SURF THRESHOLDS FOR ALL
LOCATIONS THIS WEEKEND. THIS SITUATION WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED AND
ADVISORIES WILL BE ISSUED IF NECESSARY.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
A LARGE AREA OF CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK CIRCULATION SOUTH
OF YAP CONTINUES TO SLOWLY MOVE TO THE WEST-NORTHWEST. LATEST
SATELLITE LOOP IS IN LINE WITH UPDATED GFS OUTPUT IN KEEPING SHOWER
AND THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY OVER YAP FOR THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS. ECMWF
AND GFS PROG ACTIVITY TO ENCROACH ON PALAU WATERS BY TOMORROW
MORNING AND LINGER THROUGH SATURDAY. THIS IS IN LINE WITH THE
PAST SEVERAL FORECASTS...SO SEE NO NEED TO DEVIATE. FURTHER
TO THE EAST...A WEAK IMPULSE THAT EARLIER MODEL RUNS FAILED TO
RESOLVE WILL GENERATE SCATTERED SHOWER ACTIVITY FOR CHUUK TONIGHT.
OTHERWISE CHUUK WILL REMAIN FAR ENOUGH WEST OF THE TRADE SURGE TO
RULE OUT ANY ORGANIZED CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY THROUGH THE FORECAST
PERIOD.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

ZIOBRO/LEE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.