

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 03:53:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.180])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0CJrYjZ031567	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 03:53:41 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so2651149waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:53:32 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.241.10 with SMTP id o10mr2131317wfh.155.1200167611996; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 11:53:31 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs81613wfi; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 11:53:31 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.209.11 with SMTP id h11mr10006427ang.41.1200167611049; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 11:53:31 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id m7si6116320roe.7.2008.01.12.11.53.28; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 11:53:31 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0A60CRg000242; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 13:44:50 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14397196 for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 13:44:49 -0600
Received: from relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (relay03.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.69])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0CJinnU013068 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:44:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0CJig4N017792 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:44:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0CJigah022657 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:44:42 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0CJig9C022656 for [email-masked]; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:44:42 -0600
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:44:42 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=100 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801120120
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

411
FXPQ60 PGUM 121944
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
544 AM CHST SUN JAN 13 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
WEATHER MAP LOOKS RELATIVELY QUIET. IR SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS
TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCES UPSTREAM OF THE MARIANAS...CENTERED NEAR
155E AND 162E. A ROBUST TRADE-WIND FETCH GENERATION REGION WAS
EVIDENT IN THE EVENING QUIKSCAT EAST OF THE MARIANAS. 12Z SOUNDING
SHOWED A WELL DEFINED TRADE-WIND INVERSION AT 800 MB AND A PWAT OF
1.64 INCHES.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
PRIMARY FORECAST CONCERN RELATES TO SEAS AND SURF. PLEASE SEE THE
MARINE DISCUSSION SECTION FOR MORE DETAILS.

INHERITED FORECAST GRIDS IN GOOD SHAPE. MADE MINOR GRID EDITS
INCLUDING REFRESHING DEW POINTS AND WINDS. REDUCED OVERNIGHT LOWS
TONIGHT AS RAIN-COOLED AIR WILL BE A FACTOR. STILL LOOKS LIKE
TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCES WILL BEGIN ARRIVING LATER THIS AFTERNOON.
LOW MODEL QPFS ARGUE FOR MAINTAINING MOSTLY CLOUDY/ISOLATED WORDING
THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT. RELATIVELY DRY TRADE-WIND REGIME TAKES HOLD
TUESDAY THROUGH THE END OF THE FORECAST PERIOD. GFS STILL HINTS AT A
SHEAR LINE KNOCKING ON THE DOOR ON DAY NINE...SO LEFT MOSTLY CLOUDY
SKIES IN THE GRIDS FOR THEN.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS STILL IMPACTING POHNPEI AND THE MARSHALL
ISLANDS WITH MORE SHOWERS AND SHOULD LAST UNTIL TUESDAY. A FEW
THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE OVER POHNPEI DUE TO DIFFLUENT FLOW
ALOFT. MEANWHILE...KOSRAE IS SOUTH OF THE ACTION FOR NOW BUT SHOWERS
ARE EXPECTED TO SPREAD OVER KOSRAE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY.
A DRIER TRADE-WIND REGIME SHALL RETURN TO THE ENTIRE AREA BY
THURSDAY.

LATEST WW3 MODEL OUTPUT INDICATES SURF HEIGHTS WILL DROP BELOW HIGH
SURF ADVISORY CRITERIA TONIGHT AND MONDAY FOR CHUUK...POHNPEI AND
KOSRAE...AND THEN RISE BACK TO ADVISORY LEVELS BY MONDAY NIGHT.
SURF HEIGHTS ON MAJURO ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN AT ADVISORY LEVELS
THROUGH MONDAY.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE SHOWERS ARE ENTERING COASTAL WATERS EAST OF CHUUK
THIS MORNING AND WILL SPREAD OVER WENO ISLAND BY THIS AFTERNOON.
SHOWERS AND A SLIGHT CHANCE FOR THUNDER WILL PERSIST THROUGH TUESDAY.
FRESH TRADES SHALL ARRIVE FROM THE EAST ON WEDNESDAY. THE NEAR-
EQUATORIAL TROUGH WILL BE TOO FAR SOUTH TO PRODUCE SCATTERED
SHOWERS ON PALAU AND YAP THROUGH TUESDAY. A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE
CURRENTLY NEAR CHUUK WILL FINALLY PROPAGATE WESTWARD ALONG THE
NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH AND BRING INCLEMENT WEATHER TO KOROR AND
YAP BY MIDWEEK.

&&

.MARINE...
SWELL GRID SET LOOKS GOOD AND KEEPS TRADE-WIND SWELL DOMINANT...WITH
SECONDARY NORTH SWELL EVENT PEAKING LATE WED AND EARLY THURSDAY.
INITIALIZED TRADE-WIND SWELL USING CDIP SEA AND SWELL PLOT FROM THE
IPAN BUOY. LOOKS LIKE MODERATE RIP CURRENT RISK ON NORTH AND EAST
FACING REEFS DURING THE NEXT FEW DAYS. SURF ON EAST FACING REEFS
WILL BE CLOSE TO THE ADVISORY THRESHOLD...BUT BELIEVE SURF HAS
PEAKED FOR NOW AND IS BEGINNING TO FALL PER BUOY OBS AND WAVE WATCH
GUIDANCE.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

MCELROY/CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.