

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 15:46:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.178])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0L7kV0N063825	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:46:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so2289869pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:46:30 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.158.17 with SMTP id g17mr2931961wfe.234.1200901589710; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 23:46:29 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs236129wfi; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 23:46:29 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.101.66.14 with SMTP id t14mr14125655ank.5.1200901588348; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 23:46:28 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id h5si2139186roe.13.2008.01.20.23.46.24; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 23:46:28 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0KDweb1021329; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 01:44:51 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14476317 for [email-masked]; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 01:44:50 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0L7iocp013113 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 01:44:50 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0L7ihS3012992 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 01:44:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0L7ifuT021979 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 01:44:41 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0L7if4n021978 for [email-masked]; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 01:44:41 -0600
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 01:44:41 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=3 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801200109
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__C230066_P2 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

023
FXPQ60 PGUM 210744
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
544 PM CHST MON JAN 21 2008

.SYNOPSIS...RADAR DISPLAYS ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM THE NORTHEAST TO
NORTHWEST OF GUAM LATE THIS AFTERNOON.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
TRADE-WIND REGIME WILL DOMINATE LOCAL WEATHER CONDITIONS OVER THE
NEXT SEVERAL DAYS. TWEAKED A FEW GRIDS TO COMPLEMENT PARTLY CLOUDY
SKIES THROUGHOUT THE FORECAST PERIOD. MODIFIED TEMPERATURES OVER
LAND AND WATER AS IPAN BUOY REPORTS A 1 DEGREE INCREASE IN SEA
SURFACE TEMPERATURE OVER THE PAST DAY. TRADES ARE EXPECTED TO
STRENGTHEN OVER THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS. THEREFORE...ANTICIPATE
MOSTLY PLEASANT WEATHER DURING THE WEEK.

&&

.MARINE...
IPAN BUOY REPORTED TRADE-WIND GENERATED SWELLS OF 6 TO 7 FEET AT
10 SECONDS THIS AFTERNOON. WW3 DATA KEPT THE NORTH SWELLS OVER
THE MARIANAS FOR ANOTHER DAY. I DECIDED TO EXTEND THE HIGH SURF
ADVISORY THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. LATER IN THE WEEK...NORTH
SWELLS OF 4 TO 5 FEET MAY BUILD TO NEAR 6 FEET BY SATURDAY. WILL
MONITOR THIS SITUATION CLOSELY OVER THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS EAST OF POHNPEI AND KOSRAE. THIS AREA WILL MOVE WEST
AND BRING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER POHNPEI
TONIGHT AND TUESDAY AND ACROSS KOSRAE TONIGHT AND TUESDAY MORNING.

MAJURO IS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRY TRADE-WINDS AND FAIR WEATHER
WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD. THIS FAIR WEATHER PATTERN
WILL TAKE OVER POHNPEI TUESDAY NIGHT AND KOSRAE TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

LATEST COMPUTER WAVES GUIDANCE CONTINUES TO SHOW THAT SURF ALONG
NORTH FACING SHORES ON POHNPEI WILL REMAIN AT ADVISORY LEVEL OF 9 FT
THROUGH TUESDAY. THEREFORE THE HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT
FOR POHNPEI.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS THROUGH SOUTH OF KOROR...YAP AND
CHUUK. MODELS CONTINUE TO SHOW THAT SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS
TROUGH WILL REMAIN SOUTH OF THE THREE MAJOR ISLANDS OF PALAU...YAP
AND CHUUK. SOME CLOUDINESS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS WILL SPREAD OVER
PALAU AND CHUUK FROM TIME TO TIME THROUGH WEDNESDAY. YAP IS FAR
ENOUGH NORTH NOT TO BE AFFECTED THROUGH THE PERIOD. STRONG HIGH
PRESSURE COMING OFF THE ASIAN CONTINENT WILL STRENGTHEN TRADE WINDS
ACROSS PALAU AND YAP AFTER MID-WEEK.

LATEST COMPUTER WAVES GUIDANCE INDICATES SURF ALONG NORTH FACING
SHORES ON CHUUK WILL REMAIN AT ADVISORY LEVEL OF 9 FT AND WILL
PERSIST THROUGH TUESDAY. THEREFORE THE HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN
EFFECT FOR CHUUK.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...HIGH SURF ADVISORY UNTIL 4 PM CHST WEDNESDAY FOR GUZ001>004.

MARIANAS WATERS...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR HAZARDOUS SEAS UNTIL 4 PM CHST
WEDNESDAY FOR PMZ151>154.

&&

$$

BAQUI/ZIOBRO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.