

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 20:34:19 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from nz-out-0506.google.com (nz-out-0506.google.com [64.233.162.227])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0OCYGeO028510	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:34:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by nz-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id q3so160650nzb.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 04:34:16 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.77.11 with SMTP id z11mr276101wfa.23.1201178056075; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 04:34:16 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs544784wfi; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 04:34:15 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.95.12 with SMTP id x12mr1296889qbl.71.1201178052909; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 04:34:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f12si569302qba.32.2008.01.24.04.34.08; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 04:34:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0N060VS013117; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 06:33:27 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14524021 for [email-masked]; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 06:33:27 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0OCXRRx000754 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 06:33:27 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0OCXKSD022025 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 06:33:26 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0OCXKJk017008 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 06:33:20 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0OCXKwF017003 for [email-masked]; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 06:33:20 -0600
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 06:33:20 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=30 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801240021
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

437
ATHW40 PHFO 241233
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC THU JAN 24 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 24 2008

THE BAND OF LOW CLOUDS AFFECTING ALL OF THE ISLANDS EARLY LAST
EVENING HAS COMPLETELY DISSIPATED ALONG THE EAST SIDES OF THE BIG
ISLAND...MAUI AND MOLOKAI.  BROKEN TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS AND
ISOLATED SHOWERS CONTINUE OVER OAHU AND KAUAI EXTENDING OVER THE
COASTAL WATERS 50 MILES EAST OF OAHU AND 100 MILES EAST OF KAUAI.
SHOWER ACTIVITY OVER THE ISLANDS IS MORE NUMEROUS OWING TO
OROGRAPHIC INFLUENCES.

ONLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE NOTED OVER THE BIG ISLAND FOLLOWING
THE DISSIPATION OF THE CLOUD BAND ON THE EAST SLOPES AND THE USUAL
NOCTURNAL CLOUD DISSIPATION ON THE WEST SLOPES.  MAUI AND MOLOKAI
ARE ALSO MOSTLY CLEAR AT THIS TIME.  MAINLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE
SEEN OVER THE WATERS WEST OF KAUAI AND THE BIG ISLAND BUT BROKEN TO
OVERCAST CONDITIONS ARE NOTED WEST OF THE CENTRAL ISLANDS.  RADAR
OBSERVATIONS IN ONE FAIRLY LARGE AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW
CLOUDS ABOUT 40 MILES SOUTHWEST OF OAHU SUPPORTS SCATTERED SHOWERS
AS IT MOVES WESTWARD AWAY FROM THE ISLANDS.

UPSTREAM...TO THE EAST OF THE ISLANDS...EXCEPT AS NOTED EAST OF OAHU
AND KAUAI...LOW CLOUDS ARE MOSTLY SCATTERED UNTIL ANOTHER SMALL
BAND OF BROKEN CLOUDS AND SHOWERS SOME 120-150 MILES EAST OF THE
ISLANDS.  THAT IS THE FIRST OF SEVERAL NARROW BANDS MOVING TOWARD
THE ISLANDS AT AROUND 15-20 MPH.

A COLD FRONT ABOUT 950-1000 MILES WEST NORTHWEST OF KAUAI IS MOVING
EAST AROUND 15 MPH.  ALONG AND SOUTH OF 30N...BROKEN TO OVERCAST
MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS
ARE BOUNDED BY 30N 176W...30N 166W...27N 166W...19N 178W...24N
177E...27N 176W...30N 176W.

$$

CP

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.