

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 16:14:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.181])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m138ELXF022231	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:14:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so1668498waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 03 Feb 2008 00:14:21 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.34.11 with SMTP id m11mr2916149wfj.222.1202026461150; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 00:14:21 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs56948wfi; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 00:14:21 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.116.10 with SMTP id t10mr9819539qbm.9.1202026460260; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 00:14:20 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f12si4187743qba.32.2008.02.03.00.14.18; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 00:14:20 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m12KYu4o004610; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 02:13:36 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14654434 for [email-masked]; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 02:13:36 -0600
Received: from relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (relay7.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.108])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m138DaMk025708 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 03 Feb 2008 02:13:36 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m138DTvk000358 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 03 Feb 2008 02:13:35 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m138DTTk011427 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 03 Feb 2008 02:13:29 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m138DTeX011426 for [email-masked]; Sun, 03 Feb 2008 02:13:29 -0600
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 02:13:29 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802020067
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

693
FXPQ60 PGUM 030813
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
613 PM CHST SUN FEB 3 2008

.SYNOPSIS...ONLY A FEW CLOUDS AND SHOWERS MOVED ACROSS THE
MARIANAS THIS AFTERNOON. WINDS GUSTED INTO THE 20 TO 30 MPH RANGE
BRIEFLY TODAY.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
BASIC TRADE-WIND FLOW DOMINATES THE FORECAST PERIOD. A FEW OF THE
MODELS DECREASE THE WINDS SLIGHTLY...BUT BELIEVE WINDS WILL STAY
AS IS UNTIL WEDNESDAY AND DECREASE THEREAFTER. SPARSE RAINFALL
THROUGH FORECAST. VERY WEAK TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE TO THE EAST OF
THE MARIANAS WILL MOVE WESTWARD. EARLIER FORECAST HAD MOSTLY
CLOUDY MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT. PROGRESSING THE CLOUDS ON THE
SATELLITE INDICATE THAT THEY WOULD REACH US NEAR MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.
SO WORDED THE FORECAST TO INDICATE INCREASING CLOUDS AFTER
MIDNIGHT. THE DISTURBANCE LOOKS VERY WEAK AND I WAS TEMPTED TO
JUST KEEP IT PARTLY CLOUDY...BUT PEGGED MY HOPES ON SOME DIURNAL
ENHANCEMENT. GOING ALONG WITH THIS LINE OF THOUGHT...I KEPT THE
CLOUDS ON UNTIL AFTERNOON FIGURING THE HEAT OF THE DAY WOULD
BREAK UP ANY CLOUDS.

GFS HINTS AT A SOMEWHAT MORE VIGOROUS TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE
PASSING SOUTH OF GUAM SATURDAY. LOOKS LIKE IT WILL STAY SOUTH OF US
EVEN IF IT DOES DEVELOP.

&&
.MARINE...
LITTLE CHANGE HERE. NORTHERLY SWELL AND EASTERLY SWELL CONTINUE
THROUGH THE FORECAST. NO MAJOR SWELLS OR SURF EVENTS ON THE
HORIZON AS OF YET.

&&

.FIRE WEATHER...
RED FLAG WARNING WAS ISSUED TODAY...BUT CANCELED WITH DIMINISHING
WINDS. FIRE WEATHER WATCH IS STILL UP UNTIL MONDAY NIGHT AND IT IS
POSSIBLE THAT A RED FLAG WARNING WILL BE NEEDED MONDAY. MODELS
KEEP WINDS UP UNTIL WEDNESDAY...SO IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE FIRE
WEATHER WATCH MAYBE EXTENDED.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...

CONVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE WILL KEEP
SHOWERS OVER KOSRAE INTO MONDAY MORNING...AND POHNPEI INTO TUESDAY
AFTERNOON. RELATIVELY DRIER CONDITIONS ARE MOVING INTO MAJURO THIS
EVENING AND WILL REMAIN THERE THUR MONDAY NIGHT. ANOTHER TRADE
DISTURBANCE CURRENTLY EAST OF THE DATELINE WILL BRING MORE WETNESS
TO MAJURO ON TUESDAY BUT DRY TRADE PATTERN WILL RETURN QUICKLY BY
MID-WEEK. THIS SAME SYSTEM WILL THEN IMPACT KOSRAE FROM TUESDAY
EVENING INTO THURSDAY. POHNPEI SEEMS TO BE FAR ENOUGH NORTH TO BE
DIRECTLY AFFECTED AT THIS TIME.

LATEST WW3 OUTPUT SHOWS DANGEROUS SURF WILL CONTINUE TO POUND THE
NORTHEASTERN AND EASTERN SHORES ON POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND MAJURO THUR
MID-WEEK.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
THE MERGING OF A TRADE DISTURBANCE INTO THE NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH
HAS CAUSED LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE TO SHIFT FURTHER NORTH TOWARD KOROR
THIS AFTERNOON. HOWEVER MOST SHOWER ACTIVITY HAS BEEN REMAINING JUST
SOUTH OF THE COASTAL WATERS AROUND KOROR. THEREFORE INCREASED CLOUD
COVERAGE OVER KOROR FOR THIS EVENING INTO MONDAY NIGHT BUT KEEP
ISOLATED SHOWERS IN THE NEAR TERM FORECAST. BOTH GFS AND ECMWF ARE
STILL SPINNING UP A CIRCULATION SOUTHWEST OF KOROR BY WEDNESDAY BUT
WILL NOT BUY IT FOR NOW. REGARDLESS...YAP WILL BE STAYING OUT OF ANY
MAJOR ACTION THROUGH THE PERIOD.

WET WEATHER CURRENTLY OVER POHNPEI WILL EVENTUALLY REACH CHUUK BY
MONDAY AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE INTO TUESDAY NIGHT. NORTHEASTERLY
TRADES WILL DRY THINGS OUT BRIEFLY FOR WEDNESDAY BUT ANOTHER
DISTURBANCE TO THE EAST MIGHT BRING MORE CLOUDS ON THURSDAY. WAVE
MODEL GUIDANCE INDICATES A BORDERLINE HIGH SURF ADVISORY MIGHT BE
NEEDED ON CHUUK BY MONDAY MORNING. EVENING SHIFT FORECASTER WILL
HAVE THE FINAL SAY ON THIS.

A HIGH SURF ADVISORY MIGHT ALSO BE WARRANTED FOR YAP AND PALAU FROM
TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY EVENING. NEED TO BE MONITORED ON MONDAY.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...

MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

ZIOBRO/CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.