

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Mon,
18 Feb 2008 13:29:23 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.177])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m1I5T5j9062877	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:29:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so1525601pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:29:21 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.240.9 with SMTP id n9mr3985470wfh.136.1203312561157; Sun,
17 Feb 2008 21:29:21 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.192.1 with SMTP id u1cs74284wfp; Sun,
17 Feb 2008 21:29:20 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.54.9 with SMTP id g9mr9574706qbk.30.1203312559966; Sun,
17 Feb 2008 21:29:19 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id a5si6187766qbd.17.2008.02.17.21.29.18; Sun,
17 Feb 2008 21:29:19 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1GDrUDY019880; Sun,
17 Feb 2008 23:25:32 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14895298 for [email-masked]; Sun,
17 Feb 2008 23:25:32 -0600
Received: from relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (relay7.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.108])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1I5PWf4013407 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 17 Feb 2008 23:25:32 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1I5PPA9024710 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 17 Feb 2008 23:25:31 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1I5PPXY025113 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 17 Feb 2008 23:25:25 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m1I5PPjB025112 for [email-masked]; Sun, 17 Feb 2008 23:25:25 -0600
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 23:25:25 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=49 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802170049
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

910
ATHW40 PHFO 180525
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC MON FEB 18 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC FEBRUARY 18 2008

RIDGING AT THE SURFACE AND ALOFT ACROSS THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WAS
PRODUCING A LIGHT WIND REGIME. AS A RESULT...CONVERGENCE OVER THE
ISLANDS PRODUCED BY AFTERNOON SEABREEZES CAUSED BROKEN TO LOCALLY
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS TO DEVELOP ABOVE THE INTERIOR OF MANY ISLANDS.
SATELLITE IMAGERY ALSO DETECTED SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN LOW
CLOUDS OVER PARTS OF THE COASTAL WATERS FROM OAHU TO THE NORTHERN
BIG ISLAND. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WERE OVER THE COASTAL
WATERS IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO THE LEEWARD AND SOUTHEAST BIG ISLAND
COASTLINE. THERE WERE ALSO NARROW BANDS OF LOW CLOUDS EXTENDING
NORTHEAST FROM KAUAI AND NIIHAU.

THE LOW CLOUDS NEAR THE SMALLER ISLANDS APPEARED TO BE MOVING
SLOWLY TOWARD THE NORTH OR NORTHEAST. THE LOW CLOUDS NEAR THE BIG
ISLAND APPEARED TO BE MOVING SLOWLY WEST OR NORTHWEST. THE HIGHEST
TOPS OF THE LOW CLOUDS ACROSS THE STATE WERE ESTIMATED TO BE ABOUT
7 THOUSAND FEET.

AS OF 700 PM HST SUNDAY...SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WERE OVER
PARTS OF THE MOUNTAINOUS INTERIOR AND NORTHERN SECTIONS OF KAUAI.
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WERE ABOVE THE MOUNTAINS ON OAHU...WHILE SCATTERED
LOW CLOUDS WERE ELSEWHERE ON THAT ISLAND. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW
CLOUDS COVERED THE EASTERN HALF OF MOLOKAI. THERE WERE SCATTERED TO
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER LANAI AND THE REMAINDER OF MOLOKAI. BROKEN TO
LOCALLY OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WERE ACROSS MOST OF MAUI BELOW THE
SUMMIT OF HALEAKALA. THERE WERE BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ON
NEARLY ALL OF THE BIG ISLAND BELOW THE SNOW COVERED PEAKS OF MAUNA
LOA AND MAUNA KEA.

ACCORDING TO WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AND SATELLITE DERIVED UPPER LEVEL
WINDS...THE MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL RIDGE WAS LOCATED HIGH ABOVE THE
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. AS A RESULT...THE UPPER LEVEL WINDS ACROSS THE
ISLANDS WERE FROM THE NORTHWEST AT 20 TO 30 MPH. THE RIDGING WAS
PRODUCING SIGNIFICANT UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE ALOFT...WHICH HAS
MAINTAINED THE RELATIVELY STABLE ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS WE HAVE BEEN
EXPERIENCING THIS WEEKEND.

ELSEWHERE...BANDS OF CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH SURFACE FRONTS WERE
LOCATED FAR AWAY FROM THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. ONE BAND OF BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS WAS WITHIN 200 MILES
EAST OF A LINE EXTENDING FROM NEAR 30N 150W THROUGH 27.5N 151.5W TO
25.5N 154W...OR ABOUT 420 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF HILO. THIS BAND
WAS MOVING EAST AT ABOUT 25 MPH.

THE LEADING EDGE OF THE SECOND 110 MILE WIDE BAND OF SCATTERED TO
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SCATTERED SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH A
SURFACE FRONT EXTENDED FROM NEAR 30N 173W TO 25N 180...OR ABOUT 100
MILES EAST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. THIS LEADING EDGE HAS BEEN MOVING EAST
AT 35 TO 40 MPH DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.