

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Mon,
11 Feb 2008 08:20:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.177])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m1B0KmHN070621	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:20:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so4720487pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:20:48 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.203.13 with SMTP id a13mr8098157wfg.210.1202689247775; Sun,
10 Feb 2008 16:20:47 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.161.6 with SMTP id n6cs77834wfo; Sun,
10 Feb 2008 16:20:47 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.233.12 with SMTP id f12mr30550185qbh.34.1202689246628; Sun,
10 Feb 2008 16:20:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e15si14030722qba.9.2008.02.10.16.20.44; Sun,
10 Feb 2008 16:20:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1AKHN8q001857; Sun,
10 Feb 2008 18:20:18 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14779368 for [email-masked]; Sun,
10 Feb 2008 18:20:18 -0600
Received: from relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (relay05.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.40])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1B0KIB7016517 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:20:18 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1B0KB5e010712 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:20:18 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1B0KBjW004106 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:20:11 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m1B0KBwj004105 for [email-masked]; Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:20:11 -0600
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:20:11 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=1 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802100068
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

214
ATHW40 PHFO 110020
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC MON FEB 11 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC FEBRUARY 11 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AND UPPER LOW CONTINUE TO MOVE AWAY FROM THE
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...LEAVING AN INCREASINGLY STABLE...EASTERLY
TRADE WIND REGIME OVER THE STATE.

THE UPPER TROUGH IS CENTERED 300 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND
RUNS FROM 26N 140W...TO 20N 150W...TO AN UPPER LOW CENTERED AT 11N
152W ABOUT 575 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE UPPER
LOW IS MOVING TO THE EAST NEAR 15 MPH AND CONTINUES TO TRIGGER
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 49 KFT 500 MILES EAST OF THE
CENTER AS WELL AS A LINE OF TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS RISING OVER 30
KFT 350 MILES SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE UPPER LOW AND UPPER
TROUGH ARE ALSO GENERATING A SHIELD OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS ALONG
THEIR SOUTHEAST FLANKS. AS THESE FEATURES MOVE EASTWARD...RIDGING
ALOFT IS BECOMING ESTABLISHED OVER THE STATE FROM THE NORTHWEST.

MAINLY STABLE LOW CLOUD COVER HAS INCREASED OVER THE ISLANDS THIS
AFTERNOON. BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS COVER MOST WINDWARD
LOCALES...WITH WINDWARD EAST MAUI EXPERIENCING THE LEAST CLOUD
COVER. AFTERNOON SEA BREEZES HAVE CAUSED INCREASE IN LOW CLOUDS
ACROSS LEEWARD AREAS...PARTICULARLY OVER KAUAI...OAHU...AND THE BIG
ISLAND. WITH UPPER RIDGING BUILDING OVER THE ISLANDS FROM THE
NORTHWEST...THE ATMOSPHERE OVER THE BIG ISLAND IS SLIGHTLY LESS
STABLE...ALLOWING EXTENSIVE LOW CLOUD COVERAGE TO DEVELOP OVER KAU
AND THE NORTH AND SOUTH KONA DISTRICTS. THE BASES OF THESE CLOUDS
HAVE CREPT UP THE SNOW-CAPPED UPPER SLOPES OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA
LOA TO AROUND 11 KFT...WHILE CLOUD TOPS RISE TO ONLY 14 OR 15 KFT.
SCATTERED...MOSTLY STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS OVER WINDWARD
HAWAIIAN COASTAL WATERS ARE TRAVELLING OUT OF THE EAST NEAR 25 MPH
NEAR THE BIG ISLAND...THEN SLOWLY VEER OUT OF THE EAST SOUTHEAST
NEAR THE SMALLER ISLANDS...EASING TO 15 MPH NORTH OF KAUAI.

THE EAST SOUTHEASTERLY CLOUD MOTIONS ACROSS THE NORTHERN END OF THE
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS ARE DUE TO PROXIMITY OF THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE...WHICH SITS ROUGHLY 375 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI. THE RIDGE IS
DEPRESSED SOUTH OF ITS USUAL POSITION BY A FRONT PASSING 500 MILES
NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE WEAKENING FRONT IS COMPRISED OF A NARROW
BAND OF BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS ALONG 30N 161W AND 26N 167W...AND IS
ADVANCING TO THE EAST AT 35 MPH.

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.