

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 13:01:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.182])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0A51LJE059970	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:01:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so590364pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:01:21 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.217.17 with SMTP id p17mr722962wfg.99.1199941280915; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 21:01:20 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs624916wfi; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 21:01:20 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.123.4 with SMTP id v4mr3299231anc.14.1199941280090; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 21:01:20 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id p13si1890672roh.16.2008.01.09.21.01.17; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 21:01:20 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m097NWjj010306; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 23:00:17 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14367051 for [email-masked]; Wed,
09 Jan 2008 23:00:17 -0600
Received: from relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (relay7.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.108])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0A50HAf000065 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:00:17 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0A50ApV013086 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:00:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0A50ABL014934 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:00:10 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0A50AgQ014933 for [email-masked]; Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:00:10 -0600
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:00:10 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801090225
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

621
ATHW40 PHFO 100500
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU JAN 10 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC JANUARY 10 2008

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE ALOHA STATE
THIS EARLY EVENING...WITH MOST OF THE CONVECTIVE LOW CLOUDS FROM
DAYTIME HEATING DISSIPATING AS NIGHTTIME NEARS.  NONETHELESS...AS OF
THIS WRITING...BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS REMAINS OVER MAUKA SECTIONS OF
OAHU AND WEST MAUI...UPSLOPE AREAS OF EAST MAUI AND THE BIG
ISLAND...AND OCCASIONALLY OVER LEEWARD COASTAL PARTS OF WEST MAUI
AND MAUI/S CENTRAL VALLEY.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST NEAR
15 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND VEERS TOWARD THE EAST/
SOUTHEAST NEAR 20 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

THIN HIGH CLOUDS ARE GENERATING CEILINGS IN THE KAUAI CHANNEL AND TO
ITS SOUTH.  A SMALL PATCH OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS APPROACHING THE
PUNA AND HILO DISTRICTS ON THE BIG ISLAND FROM THE EAST.  ELSEWHERE
CONDITIONS ARE MAINLY CLEAR IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK FRONT ARE 250 MILES
NORTH/NORTHWEST OF KAUAI...AND HAVE BEEN MOVING TOWARD THE EAST NEAR
20 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  SOUTH OF 25N...A BAND OF BROKEN
HIGH CLOUDS WITH THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN HEADING EASTWARD NEAR 15 MPH...
BUT THE LOW CLOUDS UNDERNEATH HAVE BECOME NEARLY STATIONARY.  MOST
OF THE MULTILAYERED CLOUDINESS WITH THE BOUNDARY IS CURRENTLY
LOCATED WITHIN 70 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N158W TO
22.5N168.5W.

ANOTHER FRONT IS MORE THAN 800 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN
MOVING TOWARD THE EAST/SOUTHEAST IN EXCESS OF 40 MPH OVER THE PAST
SIX HOURS.  THE BOUNDARY IS NOT ACTIVE SOUTH OF 28N...AND THE LATEST
SURFACE OBSERVATION FROM MIDWAY ATOLL INDICATES CLEAR SKIES AND
WINDS FROM THE WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.