

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 08:01:43 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from nz-out-0506.google.com (nz-out-0506.google.com [64.233.162.237])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0O01fhY028373	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:01:42 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by nz-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id q3so9438nzb.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:01:40 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.79.15 with SMTP id c15mr5417801wfb.105.1201132900294; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 16:01:40 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs503442wfi; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 16:01:39 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.156.2 with SMTP id i2mr21947967qbo.60.1201132898959; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 16:01:38 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e15si32972qbe.2.2008.01.23.16.01.35; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 16:01:38 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0NL7n5Y021329; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 18:00:26 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14519664 for [email-masked]; Wed,
23 Jan 2008 18:00:26 -0600
Received: from relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (relay3.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.121])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0O00Pj9021930 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:00:26 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0O00Jqv018906 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:00:25 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0O00DHt002042 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:00:13 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0O00AwX001998 for [email-masked]; Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:00:10 -0600
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:00:10 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=3 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801230142
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 0.5, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2_1 0,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0,
__RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

971
ATHW40 PHFO 240000
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC THU JAN 24 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC JANUARY 23 2008

A BAND OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS CONTINUES TO MOVE
OVER THE ISLANDS THIS EARLY AFTERNOON.  THE MOST CONCENTRATED LOW
CEILINGS AND PRECIPITATION EXIST IN WINDWARD COASTAL...MAUKA AND
WINDWARD UPSLOPE SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  HOWEVER...THE
LEEWARD AREAS OF THE SMALLER ISLES AND WEST MAUI ARE SEEING
OCCASIONAL BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS AND LIGHT SHOWERS AS WELL.  OTHER
AREAS WITH LOW CEILINGS INCLUDE THE SOUTH- AND WEST-FACING SLOPES OF
HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...THE SOUTHWEST COASTAL SECTION OF EAST MAUI
NEAR MAKENA...AND UPSLOPE PORTIONS OF KONA AND...TO A LESSER
EXTENT...LEEWARD KOHALA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING
FROM THE EAST TO SLIGHTLY NORTH OF EAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH STATEWIDE.

SCATTERED TO BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS...PART OF THE BAND DISCUSSED
ABOVE...REMAIN ANYWHERE FROM 50 TO 80 MILES UPWIND FROM THE ISLANDS
AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  ALSO...SOME OF THIS CLOUDINESS IS EVIDENT IN
THE CHANNELS BETWEEN THE ISLANDS.  BEHIND THE LINE OF SHOWERY LOW
CLOUDS IS CLEARING THE EXTENDS FOR MORE THAN 250 MILES TO THE
NORTHEAST OF THE ISLAND CHAIN.  ELSEWHERE...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE
LOCATED WEST OF KAUAI.  SKIES ARE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY SOUTH AND
SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLES.

A COLD FRONT IS AROUND 1200 MILES WEST/NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND IS
HEADING EASTWARD NEAR 20 MPH.  ALONG AND SOUTH OF 30N...BROKEN TO
OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS ARE BOUNDED BY 30N179W 30N171W 22N177W 20N174E AND
26N180.  THE LATEST SURFACE OBSERVATION FROM MIDWAY ATOLL...NEAR 28N
177.5W...INDICATES OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS...REDUCED VISIBILITY DUE TO
LIGHT RAIN AND FOG...AND WINDS FROM THE SOUTH/SOUTHWEST AT 20 TO 25
MPH.

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH...WHOSE NORTHWEST-TO-SOUTHEAST ORIENTED AXIS
IS MORE THAN 500 MILES NORTHEAST OF HAWAII...IS MOVING TOWARD THE
SOUTHWEST NEAR 15 MPH.  SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...A MIX OF
SHOWERY AND STABLE ELEMENTS...ARE FOUND IN THE AREA FROM 400 TO 800
MILES NORTHEAST OF MAUI COUNTY AS OF THIS WRITING.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.