

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sat,
26 Jan 2008 08:26:18 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.176])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0Q0QGPL034071	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 08:26:17 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so1640477waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:26:16 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.221.19 with SMTP id t19mr1684032wfg.62.1201307176000; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 16:26:16 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs56793wfi; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 16:26:15 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.54.9 with SMTP id g9mr5741318qbk.3.1201307174410; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 16:26:14 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id q19si2346570qbq.16.2008.01.25.16.26.11; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 16:26:14 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0O5Vu7k026941; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 18:25:17 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14544652 for [email-masked]; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 18:25:17 -0600
Received: from relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (relay03.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.69])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0Q0PHJd018104 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:25:17 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0Q0PArO010841 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:25:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0Q0PAaP005373 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:25:10 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0Q0PAPg005372 for [email-masked]; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:25:10 -0600
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:25:10 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801250128
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_MEDIA_BODY 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

474
ATHW40 PHFO 260025
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT JAN 26 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 26 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGES SHOW AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 23N 174W MOVING
SOUTHEASTWARD AT ABOUT 20 MILES PER HOUR.  THIS WEATHER SYSTEM IS
PRODUCING A LARGE AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUD LAYERS MAINLY
NORTH OF 20N BETWEEN 174W AND A WEAK UPPER LEVEL RIDGE ALONG 161W.
ISOLATED EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING UP NORTH OF 25N BETWEEN
166W AND 170W.  A NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST BAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST
HIGH CLOUDS HAS SPILLED PAST THE RIDGE AND COVERED THE STATE FROM
KAUAI TO THE KOHALA AREA OF THE BIG ISLAND.

A 150 TO 200 MILE WIDE NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST BAND OF SHOWERY LOW
CLOUDS CONTINUES TO APPROACH THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM THE
NORTHEAST.  TRACKING DATA SHOW INDIVIDUAL CLOUD ELEMENTS TO BE
RIDING THE TRADE WINDS TOWARD THE WEST AT 25 TO 30 MILES PER HOUR.
LEADING ELEMENTS OF THE APPROACHING SHOWER BAND ARE SHOWING UP ON
RADAR AT LIGHT TO MODERATE INTENSITIES.  FARTHER NORTHEAST...ANOTHER
NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST LOW CLOUD BAND IS MOVING TOWARD THE HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS.  THIS SECOND BAND HAS A LEADING EDGE RUNNING ALONG A LINE
FROM 30N 158W TO 24N 151W TO 21N 140W AND IS ABOUT 100 TO 150 MILES
WIDE WITH BROKEN STABLE LOW CLOUDS.

OVER THE BIG ISLAND...SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER THE SOUTH
HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS.  THE USUAL AFTERNOON BROKEN LOW CLOUDS
COVER THE SLOPES OF THE KAU AND KONA DISTRICTS.  THE UPPER
SLOPES...ABOVE 7000 FT...ARE MOSTLY FREE OF LOWER CLOUDS BUT ARE
UNDER THIN BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS.  THE LOW CLOUD COVER OVER THE
REMAINING ISLANDS HAS BEEN MOSTLY OBSCURED BY BROKEN TO OVERCAST
HIGH CLOUDS.

$$

KODAMA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.