

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Tue,
05 Feb 2008 03:44:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wr-out-0506.google.com (wr-out-0506.google.com [64.233.184.235])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m14Jistr051725	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 05 Feb 2008 03:44:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wr-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id 70so1662147wra.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:44:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.47.6 with SMTP id u6mr3734628wfu.159.1202154292442; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 11:44:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs160582wfi; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 11:44:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.3.9 with SMTP id 9mr4542484qbc.0.1202154290856; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 11:44:50 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f12si5808111qba.32.2008.02.04.11.44.48; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 11:44:50 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m145ArGt009237; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 13:35:20 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14678835 for [email-masked]; Mon,
04 Feb 2008 13:35:20 -0600
Received: from relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (relay01.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.23])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m14JZJtV003222 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 13:35:19 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m14JZ7mA026476 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 13:35:14 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m14JZ75K020650 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 13:35:07 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m14JZ7e6020649 for [email-masked]; Mon, 04 Feb 2008 13:35:07 -0600
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 13:35:07 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=99 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802040036
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

286
FXPQ60 PGUM 041934
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
534 AM CHST TUE FEB 5 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
200 MB INITIAL GFS WIND FIELDS AND ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOW
A TUTT ENCROACHING FROM THE WEST. THIS APPEARS TO EXPLAIN RECENT
ENHANCEMENT AND FORMATION OF TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCES NEAR AND EAST
OF THE MARIANAS. ONE OF THESE IS PASSING THROUGH NOW...WITH THE NEXT
ONE FOLLOWING CLOSELY BEHIND. AWIPS DISTANCE SPEED TOOL INDICATES
THE NEXT DISTURBANCE IS DUE TO ARRIVE AROUND DAWN AND COULD LAST
MUCH OF TODAY. AT PRESENT...LOOKS LIKE TINIAN AND SAIPAN WILL
RECEIVE THE SCATTERED SHOWERS FROM THIS SYSTEM. ACCORDINGLY...HAVE
SPLIT THE ZFP/CWF TO REFLECT THIS DICHOTOMY.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
CLOUD/SHOWER ENHANCEMENT TREND EAST OF THE MARIANAS CONTINUES.
THIS...AND GFS TIME/HEIGHT CROSS SECTION...SUGGESTS MOSTLY CLOUDY
SKIES WILL PREVAIL OVER TINIAN AND SAIPAN THROUGH TONIGHT. WITH MORE
MOISTURE/RAINFALL IN PLACE...HAVE MADE ADJUSTMENTS TO MAX/MIN
TEMPERATURES AS WARRANTED.

NO CHANGES TO PREVIOUS LINE OF THINKING. STRENGTH OF RIDGE TO NORTH
WILL MODULATE TRADE-WIND SPEED. A SQUEEZE PLAY IS SETTING UP BETWEEN
TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE TO THE SOUTH AND STRONG HIGH PRESSURE TO THE
NORTH FRI AND SAT. WILL LEAN TOWARD THE HIGH SIDE OF GUIDANCE FOR
WIND SPEEDS HERE. MODELS STILL CONSISTENT IN KEEPING CLOUDS/QPF
WITH THIS SYSTEM WELL SOUTH OF GUAM...SO WILL NOT BITE ON THIS ONE YET
AND LEAVE DRY SEASON CLIMO GRIDS IN PLACE FOR THE LONG TERM.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
DIVERGENCE ALOFT IS ENHANCING CONVECTION IN THE AREA MAINLY SOUTH
AND WEST OF POHNPEI AND KOSRAE. A THUNDERSTORM OR TWO MAY BE
POSSIBLE IN THE VICINITY OF POHNPEI. SHOWERS OVER KOSRAE HAVE
EASED A BIT BUT WILL RESUME ON WEDNESDAY. ANOTHER AREA OF TRADE
CONVERGENCE IS MOVING INTO SOUTHERN MARSHALL ISLANDS AND WILL
PROVIDE MORE RAIN FOR BOTH ISLANDS WEDNESDAY INTO FRIDAY. MAJURO
HOWEVER SHOULD BE ABLE TO AVOID THE HEAVY SHOWERS AND REMAIN
NORTH OF THIS AREA.

WIND WAVES CONTINUE TO GENERATE HIGH SURF FOR POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND
MAJURO THRU AT LEAST WEDNESDAY.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
DIVERGENCE ALOFT CONTINUES TO ENHANCE THE CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH
TRADE WIND CONVERGENCE SOUTH OF KOROR AND YAP.  MUCH OF THE HEAVY
CONVECTION WILL STAY SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS. THEREFORE...KEPT ONLY
A FEW SHOWERS IN THE KOROR FORECAST TODAY. MODELS POINT TO THE
DISTURBANCE SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK BRINGING INCREASED CLOUDINESS AND
SHOWERS TO BOTH YAP AND KOROR BY FRIDAY. CURRENTLY A LARGE AREA OF
SHOWERS LOCATED SOUTH OF CHUUK REMAINS CONSISTENTLY SOUTH OF
LATITUDE 6N. THIS AREA IS STILL CLOSE ENOUGH TO CHUUK THAT
OCCASIONAL HEAVY SHOWERS ARE A POSSIBILITY DURING THE NEXT TWO
DAYS. SKEW-T PROFILE INDICATES A THUNDERSTORM POTENTIAL FOR THE
ISLAND.

&&

.MARINE...
INHERITED SWELL GRIDS LOOKS GOOD. NO HIGH SURF ADVISORIES ARE
FORESEEN. A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IS POSSIBLE TONIGHT AS A TRADE-WIND
SURGE ARRIVES. HAVE NOT ADDED THIS TO THE HAZARD GRIDS BUT HAVE MADE
MENTION OF THIS IN THE CWF SYNOPSIS.

&&

.FIRE WEATHER...
WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES... TUTT HAS BACK DOORED THE MARIANAS
WITH ENOUGH DYNAMIX TO CAUSE SIGNIFICANT ENHANCEMENT/DEVELOPMENT OF
TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCES JUST BEFORE THEY MOVE THROUGH THE MARIANAS.
MODEL GUIDANCE WAS WAY UNDERDONE WITH RESPECT TO QPF RECEIVED AT THE
AIRPORT RAIN GAUGE YESTERDAY. 56 HUNDREDTHS OF AN INCH FELL...WELL
ABOVE THE WETTING RAIN THRESHOLD. BASED UPON THIS...WILL CANCEL THE
FIRE WEATHER WATCH CURRENTLY IN EFFECT.

TUTT SHOULD MOVE OUT AS TRADE WINDS PICK UP TOWARD THE MIDDLE OF THE
WEEK. THUS EXPECT RAINS JUST RECEIVED WILL CONSTITUTE TEMPORARY
RELIEF. AT THIS POINT...DO NOT FORESEE A FIRE WEATHER WATCH DURING
THE NEXT FEW DAYS. WILL HAVE TO SEE HOW MUCH DRYING TAKES PLACE AS
THE WEEK ADVANCES.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

MCELROY/MILLER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.