

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 14:12:38 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.179])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0I6CYM4061250	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:12:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so1083834pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:12:33 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.47.6 with SMTP id u6mr1748336wfu.159.1200636752909; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 22:12:32 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs44946wfi; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 22:12:30 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.150.137.8 with SMTP id k8mr947081ybd.61.1200636749662; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 22:12:29 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id p14si4366654roh.6.2008.01.17.22.12.27; Thu,
17 Jan 2008 22:12:29 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0HHgUj0000500; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 00:11:54 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14445930 for [email-masked]; Fri,
18 Jan 2008 00:11:52 -0600
Received: from relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (relay01.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.23])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0I6Bq5K023096 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:11:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0I6BjPc011714 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:11:51 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0I6BjXS005954 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:11:45 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0I6BjbI005953 for [email-masked]; Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:11:45 -0600
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:11:45 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=91 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801170164
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

153
ATHW40 PHFO 180611
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0600 UTC FRI JAN 18 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 18 2008

SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A LAYER OF BROKEN HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS
PASSING THROUGH THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM WEST TO EAST. THESE
CLOUDS ARE RUNNING AHEAD OF AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH WITH ITS NORTH TO
SOUTH AXIS ALONG 164W OR ABOUT 240 NM WEST OF KAUAI. THE TROUGH IS
RESPONSIBLE FOR AN ISOLATED THUNDERSTORM AT NEAR 19N 163W OR 230
NM SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE FIELD OF CIRRUS CLOUDS ENCOMPASSES THE
ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AND MORE...FROM KAUAI TO
150 NM EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE SOUTHERN EXTENT IS 15N AND THE
NORTHERN IS TO AT LEAST 32N. THE FORECAST CALLS FOR THE UPPER TROUGH
SETTLE OVER THE STATE BY TOMORROW AFTERNOON.

SATELLITE IMAGERY ALSO SHOW A BAND OF LOW CLOUDS OVER THE BIG ISLAND
WITH THE LEADING EDGE APPROACHING HANA MAUI. THE ENTIRE BAND IS
ACTUALLY 160 NM WIDE AND 360 NM LONG...MOVING WEST AT NEAR 15 KT.
WEATHER RADAR INDICATES ONLY ISOLATED SHOWERS OVER THE HAMAKUA COAST
AND HILO DISTRICTS. THE BULK OF THE SHOWERS...WITH A FEW OF THEM
BEING HEAVY...REMAINS OVER THE COASTAL WATERS JUST OFF CAPE
KUMUKAHI. THE HEAVY SHOWERS CONSISTING OF TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS OR
TCU...ARE WIDELY SCATTERED IN COVERAGE AND CONFINED TO WITHIN A 70
NM WIDE BAND EXTENDING FROM 55 NM SOUTHEAST OF SOUTH POINT BIG
ISLAND TO 220 NM NORTHEAST OF CAPE KUMUKAHI. THE TOPS OF THESE TCU
ARE TO 33000 FEET. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS LIES IMMEDIATELY EAST OF
THIS BAND. THE CIRRUS IS THICK ENOUGH OVER THE SMALLER ISLAND THUS
OBSCURING THE DETAILS OF THE LOW CLOUDS. THE WEATHER RADAR THOUGH IS
ONLY PICKING UP ISOLATED SHOWERS IN THE KAUAI CHANNEL. OTHERWISE IT
IS A RELATIVELY SHOWER-FREE EVENING.

$$

LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.