

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 02:52:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.177])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0CIqruc066122	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 02:52:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so2623747waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:52:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.214.5 with SMTP id m5mr2127109wfg.151.1200163973477; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 10:52:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs78833wfi; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 10:52:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.151.7.4 with SMTP id k4mr1810547ybi.154.1200163972321; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 10:52:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id m7si6043457roe.7.2008.01.12.10.52.49; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 10:52:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0B1NXe4023584; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 12:44:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14396743 for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 12:44:12 -0600
Received: from relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (relay3.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.121])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0CIiBIa007737 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:44:11 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0CIi5ij021592 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:44:11 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0CIi5kR011423 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:44:05 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0CIi5At011422 for [email-masked]; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:44:05 -0600
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:44:05 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801120106
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

838
ATHW40 PHFO 121844
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT JAN 12 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 12 2008

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AT 8 AM HST...KAUAI AND NIIHAU ARE
CLEAR. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER SOUTHEASTERN OAHU...AND EXTEND 45
MILES OFFSHORE TO THE WEST SOUTHWEST. LANAI AND MOST OF MOLOKAI ARE
CLEAR...WITH ONLY A NARROW PATCH OF LOW CLOUDS OVER THE FAR EASTERN
EDGE BETWEEN HALAWA AND PUKOO. ON MAUI...THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS ARE
MOSTLY CLEAR...WITH BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW AND MID LEVEL CLOUDS OVER
THE CENTRAL VALLEY. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER EASTERN SLOPES OF
HALEAKALA FROM HUELO TO HANA TO ULUPALAKUA. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND IN A
NARROW BAND OFFSHORE 40 MILES TO THE SOUTHWEST. ON THE BIG ISLAND...
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER SOUTH HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS...AND SOUTHERN
KAU DISTRICT FROM PAHALA TO SOUTH POINT. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND
OFFSHORE 80 MILES TO THE SOUTHWEST OF SOUTH POINT.

UPSTREAM FROM THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...AREAS OF BROKEN LOW
CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE WEST AT 20 MPH. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND
EASTWARD FROM THE BIG ISLAND...GENERALLY SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 21N
155W THROUGH 30N 140W. CLOUD ELEMENTS ARE PRIMARILY OPEN CELL
CUMULUS CLOUDS...AND TRANSITION TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS AND CLOSED
CELL CUMULUS CLOUDS NEAR 140W.

THE LEADING EDGE OF OF A CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A COLD FRONT
EXTENDS FROM 30N 150W TO 19N 180...OR FROM 800 MILES NORTHEAST OF
HONOLULU TO 600 MILES SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. BETWEEN 150W
AND 160W...THE CLOUD BAND IS COMPOSED OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS
EXTENDING THROUGH 30000 FT. BETWEEN 160W AND 180...THE CLOUD BAND
IS COMPOSED OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS AND TOWERING CUMULUS
CLOUDS WITH TOPS UP TO 18000 FT. THE FRONTAL BAND IS UP TO 200 MILES
WIDE...AND IS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 20 MPH. BEHIND THE MAIN
FRONTAL BAND...BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE MOVING
SOUTHEASTWARD AT 40 MPH.

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.