

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
04 Jan 2008 03:52:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from hs-out-2122.google.com (hs-out-0708.google.com [64.233.178.240])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m03JqCZt051072	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 04 Jan 2008 03:52:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by hs-out-2122.google.com with SMTP id 54so4148988hsz.1 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:52:11 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.214.5 with SMTP id m5mr4785411wfg.151.1199389930957; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 11:52:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs41953wfi; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 11:52:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.252.13 with SMTP id e13mr33036327qbs.84.1199389928820; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 11:52:08 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f16si8911121qba.26.2008.01.03.11.52.06; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 11:52:08 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m01I542q013228; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 13:51:31 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14475905 for [email-masked]; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 13:51:31 -0600
Received: from relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (relay7.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.108])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m03JpV9h016996 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:51:31 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m03JpOgl006585 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:51:31 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m03JpOJt003076 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:51:24 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m03JpOdo003075 for [email-masked]; Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:51:24 -0600
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:51:24 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801030098
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

473
FXPQ60 PGUM 031951
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
551 AM CHST FRI JAN 4 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
A SHEAR LINE RUNS JUST NORTH OF THE MARIANAS WATERS COASTAL ZONES
AROUND ANATAHAN VOLCANO. RADAR IS RETURNING A FEW ECHOES FROM IT
WITH TOPS OF OVER 30 THOUSAND FEET. OTHERWISE...ONLY ISOLATED
TRADE-WIND SHOWERS ARE NOTED.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
MODELS KEEPING UP A RATHER DRY TREND FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS.
SAW NO REASON TO MAKE CHANGES OTHER THAN A REFRESH OF THE WINDS
SINCE THEY SEEMED TO BE DECREASING A BIT FURTHER IN THE NEW RUN
AND OBSERVATIONS SEEMED TO BE SUPPORTING THAT. SHEAR LINE IS
EXPECTED TO REMAIN JUST NORTH OF THE COASTAL ZONES FOR A FEW DAYS
THEN GRADUALLY WASH OUT AND SHIFT NORTHWARD AWAY FROM OUR AREA.

&&

.MARINE...
BETWEEN THE DECREASING WINDS AND A PLUNGE OF 1 FOOT IN THE IPAN
BUOY READING OVER THE LAST 4 HOURS AND RETREATING 10 FOOT COMBINED
SEAS IN THE GRIDS...DECIDED THIS WAS PROBABLY A GOOD TIME TO
RETIRE THE SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY. SWELLS ARE STILL SIGNIFICANT...
BUT SHOULD BE BELOW ADVISORY CRITERIA...AND WILL CONTINUE A
DOWNWARD TREND.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
BASED ON LATEST QUIKSCAT SATELLITE IMAGERY...THE PERSISTENT HIGH
PRESSURE WELL NORTHEAST OF WAKE ISLAND IS INTRODUCING ANOTHER
TRADE-WIND SURGE MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD ALONG 10N THROUGH THE
MARSHALL ISLANDS AND INTO EASTERN MICRONESIA. THIS HAS PROVIDED
ENOUGH SURFACE CONVERGENCE TO CREATE SCATTERED SHOWERS ACROSS THE
ENTIRE AREA TODAY AND TONIGHT. ONCE THE CORE OF THE TRADE SURGE HAS
PASSED THROUGH THE ISLANDS DURING SATURDAY...SHOWERS WILL BECOME
LESS ORGANIZED FROM EAST TO WEST. WEAK TO MODERATE TRADES ARE THEN
SCHEDULED TO RETURN INTO NEXT WEEK.

LATEST WAVE MODEL OUTPUT INDICATES THAT SURF HEIGHTS WILL DROP
BELOW HIGH SURF WARNING CRITERIA THIS AFTERNOON ON MAJURO BUT
REMAIN AT HIGH SURF ADVISORY CRITERIA THROUGH SATURDAY. FOR
KOSRAE....HIGH SURF ADVISORY WILL CONTINUE INTO SUNDAY.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
THE TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE ZONE OVER POHNPEI HAS NOT REACHED CHUUK
THIS MORNING. THE NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH SOUTH OF CHUUK IS PROBABLY
HINDERING ITS PROGRESS. BOTH GFS AND UKMET ARE DELAYING THE EFFECTS
OF THE TRADE CONVERGENCE FOR CHUUK UNTIL SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY.
SINCE CONVERGENCE TENDS TO WEAKEN OVER TIME...DECIDED TO KEEP
ISOLATED POP FOR CHUUK AT THIS POINT. FAIR WEATHER IS EXPECTED TO
STAY OVER PALAU AND YAP THROUGH THE PERIOD. LOCAL CONVERGENCE
FLOWING TOWARD THE NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH TO THE SOUTH WILL PRODUCE
SOME CLOUDINESS FROM TIME TO TIME.

COMPUTER GUIDANCE CONTINUES TO SUGGEST SURF HEIGHTS REMAINING AT
HIGH SURF ADVISORY CRITERIA FOR YAP AND PALAU THROUGH SATURDAY.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...HIGH SURF ADVISORY UNTIL 6 PM CHST THIS AFTERNOON FOR GUZ001>004.

MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

STANKO/CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.