

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 20:27:52 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wr-out-0506.google.com (wr-out-0506.google.com [64.233.184.230])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m1FCRmGt057528	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:27:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wr-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id 70so1076619wra.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 15 Feb 2008 04:27:48 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.50.15 with SMTP id x15mr2174512wfx.169.1203078468127; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 04:27:48 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.161.6 with SMTP id n6cs108314wfo; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 04:27:47 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.114.106.1 with SMTP id e1mr683482wac.95.1203078466819; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 04:27:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e18si3494172qbe.29.2008.02.15.04.27.45; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 04:27:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1EMjMM1003547; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 06:26:51 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14857512 for [email-masked]; Fri,
15 Feb 2008 06:26:51 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1FCQo6k015315 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 15 Feb 2008 06:26:50 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1FCQiqx022895 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 15 Feb 2008 06:26:50 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1FCQiQM024992 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 15 Feb 2008 06:26:44 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m1FCQiMI024991 for [email-masked]; Fri, 15 Feb 2008 06:26:44 -0600
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 06:26:44 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=20 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802150019
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

189
ATHW40 PHFO 151226
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI FEB 15 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 15 2008

ONLY A FEW SPARSE PATCHES OF SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WERE COMMON IN
THE VICINITY OF THE STATE EARLY THIS FRIDAY MORNING.  FLOWING AROUND
A WEAK RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE JUST NORTH OF KAUAI...THE LOW CLOUDS
NEAR THE BIG ISLAND WERE MOVING WEST NEAR 17 MILES AN HOUR.  THE LOW
CLOUDS FROM MAUI TO KAUAI WERE MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT SIMILAR
SPEEDS.  BUT A FEW LARGE CLUSTERS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS
WERE NOTED WEST OF THE ISLAND CHAIN.

A NARROW LOW CLOUD PLUME STREAMING WEST FROM THE BIG ISLAND WAS
FANNING OUT 35 MILES FROM THE KONA COASTLINE.  THE PLUME HAD SPREAD
OUT TO ABOUT 50 MILES IN WIDTH AND WAS CENTERED BETWEEN 20N 157W AND
19N 159W.  ANOTHER LARGER CLUSTER OF SIMILAR CLOUDINESS WAS 75 MILES
SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI.  THIS CLUSTER OF LOW CLOUDS WAS ABOUT 85 MILES
WIDE AND CENTERED BETWEEN 20.5N 160.5W AND 21N 163W.

A COUPLE OF SMALL CLUSTERS OF LOW CLOUDS WERE JUST BEYOND 45 MILES
NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.  AT 2 AM...SKIES WERE MOSTLY CLEAR OVER THE
ISLANDS EXCEPT FOR SOME BROKEN LOW CLOUDS GATHERED ALONG THE EAST
COAST OF MAUI AND THE SOUTH COAST OF KAUAI.

A FRONT EXTENDED THROUGH 30N 170W THROUGH 25N 180.  THE FRONT AND
ASSOCIATED CLOUD BAND WERE MOVING EAST AT JUST UNDER 15 MILES AN
HOUR.  THE CLOUD BAND WAS ABOUT 180 MILES WIDE SOUTH OF 30N
LATITUDE.  THE BAND CONSISTED OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS SOUTH
OF 27N WITH MULTI-LAYERED CLOUDS FURTHER NORTH.

A MASS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS NORTH OF 27N BETWEEN
157W AND 169W WAS MIGRATING NORTHWARD.  THIS BULK OF CLOUDINESS WAS
ASSOCIATED WITH A DECAYED FRONTAL BOUNDARY AND DUE TO CONVERGENCE
OCCURRING AHEAD OF THE NEXT APPROACHING FRONT.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED AN UPPER LOW NEAR 22N 140W.  THE LOW WAS
CURRENTLY MOVING SLOWLY EASTWARD.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.