

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 17:40:06 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.177])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0A9e4pW030512	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:40:04 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so1009354waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Jan 2008 01:40:03 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.154.20 with SMTP id b20mr756715wfe.172.1199958003518; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 01:40:03 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs636899wfi; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 01:40:03 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.140.82.38 with SMTP id f38mr1051634rvb.30.1199958003080; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 01:40:03 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id h7si2137850roe.17.2008.01.10.01.40.00; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 01:40:03 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0860uwV023583; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 03:39:23 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14368630 for [email-masked]; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 03:39:23 -0600
Received: from relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (relay7.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.108])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0A9dNT8023845 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Jan 2008 03:39:23 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay7.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0A9dGTd006179 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Jan 2008 03:39:23 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0A9dGl9006096 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Jan 2008 03:39:16 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0A9dGnt006095 for [email-masked]; Thu, 10 Jan 2008 03:39:16 -0600
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 03:39:16 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=9 adultscore=6
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801100011
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__C230066_P2 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

121
WWPS21 NFFN 100900
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 10/0938 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL CYCLONE ELISA CENTRE [992HPA] CATEGORY 1 WAS LOCATED NEAR
22.1 SOUTH 175.7 WEST AT 100600 UTC. POSITION POOR BASED ON HR MTSAT
EIR/VIS IMAGERY WITH ANIMATION. CYCLONE MOVING SOUTH ABOUT 06 KNOTS
BUT EXPECTED TO TURN AND ACCELERATE TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST. MAXIMUM
10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS NEAR THE CENTRE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS
POSSIBLY INCREASING TO 45 KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 TO 18 HOURS.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REFER TO TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ADVISORY NUMBER
A2 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADIJan 10/0925 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08F [1001HPA] ANALYSED NEAR 15.0S 169.0E AT
100600UTC AND SLOW MOVING. POSITION POOR BASED ON MTSAT EIR IMAGERY
WITH ANIMATION AND PERIPHERAL SURFACE OBSERVATION. SST AROUND 29-30
DEGREE CELCIUS.
QUIKSCAT PASS CLEARLY SHOWS A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION NEAR 14.8S 173E.
HOWEVER, IT SEEMS THERE MAY BE MULTIPLE CENTRES EMBEDDED IN THE
MONSOONAL TROUGH AND IS DIFFICULT TO JUDGE WHICH ONE WILL BE MORE
DOMINANT. CONVECTION HAS INCREASED AND IS ACTIVE IN THE NORTHERN
QUADRANT, BUT STILL LACKS ORGANISATION. CIMMS INDICATES THE SYSTEM
LIES IN A LOW SHEAR ZONE. AN ACTIVE CONVERGENCE ZONE WITH A VIGOROUS
MONSOONAL FLOW TO THE NORTH SUPPORTS FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF 08F. THE
GLOBAL MODELS [UKGC,EC,GFS] PREDICT 08F TO INTENSIFY WITHIN THE NEXT
24 HOURS AND MOVE IT EAST THEN GRADUALLY SOUTHEASTWARDS.

POTENTIAL FOR 08F TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT
24-48 HOURS IS MODERATE TO HIGH.

NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN
THE AREA.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.