

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Tue,
08 Jan 2008 02:31:35 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wr-out-0506.google.com (wr-out-0506.google.com [64.233.184.226])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m07IVXKj061467	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 08 Jan 2008 02:31:34 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wr-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id 50so443003wri.25 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 07 Jan 2008 10:31:33 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.101.17 with SMTP id y17mr6248601wfb.54.1199730692825; Mon,
07 Jan 2008 10:31:32 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs384032wfi; Mon,
07 Jan 2008 10:31:32 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.250.11 with SMTP id c11mr25776471qbs.49.1199730691609; Mon,
07 Jan 2008 10:31:31 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e19si12923034qba.13.2008.01.07.10.31.29; Mon,
07 Jan 2008 10:31:31 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m05E01Uh023584; Mon,
07 Jan 2008 12:30:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14335823 for [email-masked]; Mon,
07 Jan 2008 12:30:27 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m07IURT8023426 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:30:27 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m07IUK34008462 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:30:27 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m07IUKlr019902 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:30:20 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m07IUGpX019884 for [email-masked]; Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:30:16 -0600
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:30:16 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=20 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801070090
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

386
ATHW40 PHFO 071830
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON JAN 07 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 07 2008

A COUPLE OF FRONTAL CLOUD BANDS WERE LYING BETWEEN HAWAII AND THE
INTERNATIONAL DATELINE THIS MORNING.  THE FIRST AND CLOSER CLOUD
BAND...ROUGHLY ABOUT 75 MILES WIDE...EXTENDED ALONG A LINE THROUGH
30N 166W TO 21N 177W WHERE IT BECAME MUCH NARROWER.  ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS WERE EMBEDDED WITHIN THIS FRONTAL BAND NORTH OF 22N
LATITUDE.  THE CLOUD BAND WAS MOVING EAST AT JUST UNDER 25 MILES AN
HOUR.

A SECOND FRONTAL BAND WAS IMMEDIATELY NORTHWEST AND ON THE HEELS OF
THE FIRST BAND.  THE SECOND CLOUD BAND WAS ABOUT 175 MILES WIDE.
THE LEADING EDGE EXTENDED THROUGH 30N 173W...STRETCHING SOUTHWEST
THROUGH 24N 180.  THIS SECOND CLOUD BAND WAS VOID OF THUNDERSTORMS
SOUTH OF 30N LATITUDE.

WITH THE APPROACHING FRONTS TO THE WEST AND HIGH PRESSURE SITTING
FAR TO THE EAST...THE WIND FLOW HAD BECOME SOUTHERLY ACROSS MUCH OF
THE STATE.  LOW CLOUDS JUST EAST OF THE STATE WERE FLOWING
NORTHWESTWARD.  LOW CLOUDS EAST OF THE FRONTS WERE FLOWING
NORTHEASTWARD.  FROM OAHU EASTWARD...TO AROUND 175W...THE LOW
CLOUDS WERE MOVING NEARLY DUE NORTH.  BUT IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF THE
BIG ISLAND...LOW CLOUDS WERE STILL FLOWING WESTWARD.

NUMEROUS PATCHES OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN...WEST-MOVING LOW CLOUDS
PASSING JUST SOUTH OF THE STATE.  SOME OF THEM WERE BRUSHING THE
SOUTH HALF OF THE BIG ISLAND.  A 75-95 MILES WIDE BAND OF MOSTLY
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WAS LYING ABOUT 150 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE STATE.
THE BAND CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 21N 145W TO 22N 152W TO 25N
157W AND WAS DRIFTING SLOWLY NORTHWARD.

AT 8 AM...SKIES WERE SUNNY OR MOSTLY SUNNY OVER THE 50TH STATE.
HOWEVER...THERE WERE A FEW SMALL AREAS OF LOW CLOUDS JUST OFF THE
SOUTHEAST TIP OF OAHU...AND ALONG THE SOUTH COAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.