

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 15:28:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.181])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0C7StWt048020	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:28:56 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so2306628waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:28:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.124.4 with SMTP id b4mr2061323wfn.230.1200122934864; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 23:28:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs47271wfi; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 23:28:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.239.14 with SMTP id q14mr8992298qbr.77.1200122932976; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 23:28:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id p13si5320583roh.16.2008.01.11.23.28.49; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 23:28:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0C2o97Q023583; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 01:27:38 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14393748 for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 01:27:38 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0C7Rcu9005647 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 01:27:38 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0C7RVmH025227 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 01:27:37 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0C7RVuH016696 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 01:27:31 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0C7RV8Z016695 for [email-masked]; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 01:27:31 -0600
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 01:27:31 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801110233
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

263
FXPQ60 PGUM 120727
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
527 PM CHST SAT JAN 12 2008

.SYNOPSIS...MODERATE TO FRESH TRADE-WINDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS
WERE PRESENT ACROSS THE MARIANAS THIS AFTERNOON.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
LITTLE CHANGE TO THE CURRENT FORECAST. WINDS...CLOUDY AND SHOWER
FORECAST LOOKS GOOD.

EVEN THOUGH THE MODELS DID SHOW...AND THE LAST FEW
FORECASTS DID INCLUDE A MOSTLY CLOUDY PERIOD ON SUNDAY AND
MONDAY...IT WAS HARD TO SEE IF THE CLOUDS WOULD REALLY
MATERIALIZE. THE REASON FOR THE DIFFICULTY IN ACCEPTING THIS WAS
THAT REALITY WAS NOT FORTHCOMING. EARLIER SATELLITE IMAGERY DID
NOT SHOW ANYTHING THAT WOULD CAUSE THE CLOUDS. THIS HAS CHANGED
THIS AFTERNOON. THE SATELLITE DOES NOW INDEED SHOW CLOUDS TO THE
EAST OF THE AREA IN THE FORM OF A WEAK TRADE- WIND
DISTURBANCE...HEDGEHOG. THE TIMING OF THE HEDGEHOG WOULD INDICATE
CLOUDS COMING IN JUST BEFORE NOON ON SUNDAY. ITS MOVING FAIRLY
QUICKLY AND YOU MIGHT EXPECT THE CLOUDS TO EXIT THE AREA LATER ON
SUNDAY. HOWEVER...A CLOSER LOOK AT THE SATELLITE DOES SHOW ANOTHER
DISTURBANCE...A HEDGEHOG PUP...BEHIND THE FIRST ONE. SO WITH THIS
IN MIND LEFT CLOUDS IN FORECAST THROUGH MONDAY. ALTHOUGH THERE
WILL BE CLOUDS BELIEVE THAT SHOWERS WILL REMAIN
ISOLATED...ALTHOUGH THERE MAY BE PERIODS WHEN THE SHOWERS WILL BE
NEARLY SCATTERED IN COVERAGE.

THE REST OF THE FORECAST IS RELATIVELY DRY. THE GFS AND ECMWF LONG-
RANGE MODELS DO INDICATE A SHEARLINE SAGGING SOUTH ACROSS THE
MARIANAS NEXT SUNDAY AND MONDAY. I DID PUT THIS IN THE GRIDS BUT
ONLY TIME WILL TELL IF THIS WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

&&
.MARINE...
THE LATEST MODELS SHOW THAT THE SEAS AND SWELLS THAT ARE IN THE
FORECAST ARE VALID. KEPT THIS IN AND AS THERE WILL NO REASON TO CHANGE.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS ALIVE AND WELL IN EASTERN MICRONESIA...
EXTENDING FROM POHNPEI EAST ACROSS MAJURO TO THE DATE LINE. GFS AND
UKMET EXTEND THIS BAND WESTWARD THE NEXT FEW DAYS...KEEPING MAJURO
AND POHNPEI IN SCT SHWRS THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. KOSRAE SHOULD SEE
A FEW SHOWERS TONIGHT...BUT THE GFS/UKMET KEEP THE CONVERGENT ZONE
JUST NORTH OF THERE THEREAFTER...SO JUST ISOLATED FROM SUNDAY ON.

WW3 MODEL SHOWS A BREAK IN THE HIGH SURF FOR POHNPEI AND KOSRAE SUN
NITE AND MONDAY...BUT HIGHER SEAS RETURN TUESDAY. HAVE UPDATED THE
CFWPQ TO REFLECT THAT.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
TRADE-WIND CONVERGENT ZONE MENTIONED ABOVE REACHES CHUUK SUNDAY AND
STAYS A FEW DAYS WITH SCT SHWRS. MEANWHILE...PALAU AND YAP STAY
FAIRLY DRY ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH UNTIL
WEDNESDAY WHEN TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE MEETS THE NEAR-EQ WESTERLIES
SOUTH OF THE TROUGH. THIS SHOULD BRING SHOWERS TO BOTH LOCATIONS
WED-THU AS THE GFS TRIES TO SPIN UP A WEAK BROAD CIRCULATION SOUTH
OF PALAU. THE HIGH SURF DISCUSSION ABOVE ALSO APPLIES TO CHUUK.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

ZIOBRO/MIDDLEBROOKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.