

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sat,
02 Feb 2008 02:45:42 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from el-out-1112.google.com (el-out-1112.google.com [209.85.162.177])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m11Ijev9039825	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 02 Feb 2008 02:45:41 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by el-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id r23so507123elf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:45:40 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.106.18 with SMTP id e18mr2420020wfc.111.1201891536895; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 10:45:36 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs186898wfi; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 10:45:35 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.150.91.20 with SMTP id o20mr1457359ybb.24.1201891534515; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 10:45:34 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id k5si645185nfh.4.2008.02.01.10.45.24; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 10:45:34 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0VFVQK8026942; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 12:44:43 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14638279 for [email-masked]; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 12:44:43 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m11Iih6X021385 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:44:43 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m11IiaTq008144 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:44:42 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m11Iiawh009646 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:44:36 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m11IiZRY009645 for [email-masked]; Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:44:35 -0600
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:44:35 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=10 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802010032
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

910
ATHW40 PHFO 011844 CCA
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE...CORRECTION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC FRI FEB 01 2008

CORRECTING DIRECTION OF LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT.

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC FEBRUARY 01 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY PLACES A JET STREAM ALONG A LINE THROUGH 12N170W
19N160W OAHU 23N150W. THE JET SEPARATES BROKEN HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS
CLOUDS TO THE SOUTH FROM CLEAR SKIES TO THE NORTH. SATELLITE DERIVED
CLOUD MOVEMENT SHOWS MAXIMUM WIND SPEEDS AT 100 TO 120 MPH TO THE
NE. THE CIRRUS EXTENDS FAR SOUTH OF THE JET TO 05N LATITUDE WHERE AN
EAST TO WEST ITCZ LAYS. THE JET IS ASSOCIATED WITH AN ENE TO WSW
ORIENTED UPPER TROUGH RUNNING FROM AN UPPER LOW NEAR 26N146W TO
25N160W AND 22N170W. THE TROUGH IS NEARLY STATIONARY WHILE THE LOW
EMBEDDED IN THE TROUGH IS MOVING TO THE NE AT 15 MPH WITHIN THE
TROUGH.

IN SPITE OF THE CIRRUS BLOCKING SOME OF THE LOW CLOUDS...THE FIRST
VISIBLE IMAGERY SHOWS THREE BANDS OF BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS ORIENTED
NE TO SW. ONE BAND EXTENDING FAR NE OF THE BIG ISLAND AND THE
ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL HAS THE MOST ENHANCED CLOUDS WITH TOPS NEAR 15000
FEET. THE OTHER TWO BANDS ARE LOCATED OVER NORTH OAHU AND NE OF
KAUAI...BOTH OF WHICH HAVING CLOUD TOPS UP TO 9000 FEET. WEATHER
RADAR SHOWS THAT THE THREE BANDS ARE PACKING SHOWERS...WITH FEWER
SHOWERS WHERE THERE ARE FEWER CLOUDS ACROSS MAUI COUNTY. ALL OF THE
CLOUDS AND SHOWERS ARE MOVING TO THE SW AT A SWIFT 30 MPH.

AS FOR THE ISLANDS...LOW CLOUDS HAVE THE USUAL TRADE WIND COVERAGE
WITH BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUDS OVER WINDWARD COASTAL AND WINDWARD
MOUNTAIN SLOPES...AND SCATTERED TO BROKEN COVERAGE OVER LEEWARD
SECTIONS.

$$

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.