

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sun,
17 Feb 2008 13:01:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.180])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m1H51AQL082359	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 13:01:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so2036852waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:01:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.178.13 with SMTP id a13mr3443384wff.24.1203224470180; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 21:01:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.192.1 with SMTP id u1cs15816wfp; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 21:01:09 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.35.70.17 with SMTP id x17mr5061882pyk.43.1203224469092; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 21:01:09 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f10si14286220pyh.21.2008.02.16.21.01.07; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 21:01:09 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1GDv7IL020410; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 23:00:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14879456 for [email-masked]; Sat,
16 Feb 2008 23:00:16 -0600
Received: from relay02.cites.uiuc.edu (relay02.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.196.4])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1H50FGI012651 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:00:15 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay02.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1H509Fv017519 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:00:15 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1H509xT016092 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:00:09 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m1H50807016060 for [email-masked]; Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:00:08 -0600
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:00:08 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=98 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802160058
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 0.5, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2_1 0,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0,
__RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

388
ATHW40 PHFO 170500
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN FEB 17 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC FEBRUARY 17 2008

EXTENSIVE LOW CLOUD CEILINGS REMAIN ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE THIS
EARLY EVENING.  HOWEVER...A FEW AREAS HAVE BECOME CLEAR TO PARTLY
CLOUDY...INCLUDING THE WESTERN THIRD OF OAHU...THE WESTERN HALF OF
MOLOKAI...THE NORTHERN HALF OF LANAI...THE NORTHERN COASTAL SECTIONS
OF MAUI...AND COASTAL AREAS OF NORTH KOHALA ON THE BIG ISLAND.
ALSO...SKIES ARE CLEAR AT THE SUMMITS OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA ON
THE ISLAND OF HAWAII.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST/SOUTHEAST
NEAR 10 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND GRADUALLY VEERS TOWARD
THE SOUTHWEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO JUST WEST OF
KAUAI.

A CONVERGENT BAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS...SOME WITH
EMBEDDED SHOWERS...EXTENDS ACROSS KAUAI INTO THE KAUAI CHANNEL.  THE
BAND IS ORIENTED NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST AND STRETCHES FROM 90 MILES
NORTH OF OAHU TO 145 MILES SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI.  THIS LINE OF
CLOUDINESS IS NOW JUST WEST OF OAHU AND IS MOVING SLOWLY TOWARD THE
NORTHEAST AND EAST.  ANOTHER AREA OF LOW CLOUDS...SCATTERED TO
BROKEN...EXISTS WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE
CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

THE LEADING EDGE OF BROKEN LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITH A WEAKENING
COLD FRONT IS AROUND 340 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AS OF BULLETIN
TIME...AND HAS BEEN MOVING EASTWARD AT 15 TO 20 MPH OVER THE PAST
SIX HOURS.  ALONG AND SOUTH OF 30N...MOST OF THE CLOUDS ASSOCIATED
WITH THE BOUNDARY...INCLUDING CONVERGENT CLOUDINESS AHEAD OF THE
FRONT...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N169W 30N150W 25N161.5W 23N174W AND
27N169W.  ALONG AND EAST OF THE DATELINE...MORE CLOUDS ARE LOCATED
IN THE AREA FROM 24N TO 28.5N WEST OF 175W....AND IN THE AREA FROM
22N TO 28.5N WEST OF THE DATELINE TO 175E.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS UPPER LEVEL RIDGING TAKING HOLD OVER THE
ISLANDS.  THE LATEST GFS MODEL OUTPUT FOR 250 MB INDICATES A RIDGE
ALONG A LINE FROM 32N146W TO 26N155W TO 20N166W TO 17N176E.  OVER
AND WEST OF HAWAII...DRY AIR IS BECOMING MORE ENTRENCHED ALOFT AS
THE UPPER RIDGE EXPANDS SLOWLY TOWARD THE NORTHEAST AND EAST.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.