

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 20:31:01 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from hs-out-2122.google.com (hs-out-0708.google.com [64.233.178.243])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0VCUwLJ017940	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:30:59 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by hs-out-2122.google.com with SMTP id 54so663394hsz.1 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 04:30:58 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.113.17 with SMTP id l17mr1052197wfc.188.1201782657494; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 04:30:57 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs46080wfi; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 04:30:57 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.53.20 with SMTP id b20mr4350119qba.40.1201782656125; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 04:30:56 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id d2si1541622qbc.36.2008.01.31.04.30.53; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 04:30:56 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0TLJVdY009237; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 06:30:14 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14615496 for [email-masked]; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 06:30:14 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0VCUDjZ013836 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 06:30:13 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0VCU6rM006887 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 06:30:13 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0VCU6qt019671 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 06:30:06 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0VCU6ih019670 for [email-masked]; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 06:30:06 -0600
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 06:30:06 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=1 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0801310018
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

543
ATHW40 PHFO 311230
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC THU JAN 31 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 31 2008

WATER VAPOR LOOP SHOWS AN UPPER LOW PERSISTS ACROSS THE MAIN
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS
MARK THE EASTERN FLANK OF THIS UPPER LOW...EXTENDING EAST FROM THE
ISLANDS THROUGH 140W SOUTH AND EAST OF A LINE FROM 32N140W TO THE
ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL. ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS...CB...PERSIST NEAR BUT
JUST EAST OF THE UPPER LOW...SPECIFICALLY ACROSS WATERS JUST UPWIND
FROM MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND. THE 12 HOUR TREND IS FOR THESE CB TO
FORM 30 TO 100 MILES NORTHEAST OF THESE ISLANDS...DRIFT TOWARDS THE
SOUTHWEST...THEN DISSIPATE JUST BEFORE REACHING THE ISLANDS AS
OTHER CB FORM FARTHER OUT.

TO THE NORTHWEST...OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS NORTH AND WEST OF A LINE
FROM 45N157W TO 28N180 MARK A COLD FRONT MOVING ACROSS THE CENTRAL
NORTH PACIFIC TOWARDS THE EAST AT ABOUT 30 MPH. ISOLATED CB LIE
WITHIN THE LEADING EDGE OF THIS CLOUD AREA...ALONG A 60 MILE WIDE
LINE FROM 33N174W TO 30N180.

LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING ACROSS LOCAL HAWAIIAN WATERS TOWARDS THE WEST
SOUTHWEST AT A SOLID 25 MPH. LAYERED CLOUDS HAVE DECREASED ACROSS
THE ISLANDS BUT REMAIN RATHER DENSE ACROSS WINDWARD WATERS ADJACENT
TO MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND. IN PARTICULAR...THE BIG ISLAND IS
ALMOST FREE OF CLOUD COVER AT THIS HOUR EXCEPT FOR BROKEN LOW
CLOUDS NEAR MILOLII ON THE KONA SIDE AND FOR A NARROW BAND OF LOW
CLOUDS EXTENDING SOUTHWEST ACROSS HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. MAUI HAS
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS ACROSS WINDWARD HALEAKALA
SLOPES...EXTENDING SOUTHEASTWARD ACROSS THE ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL.
MOLOKAI AND LANAI APPEAR TO BE MOSTLY CLEAR. OAHU AND KAUAI HAVE
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS. TWO CB ARE
PRESENT WITHIN HAWAIIAN WATERS AT THIS HOUR...ONE ABOUT 10 MILES
NORTH NORTHEAST OF HILO AND THE OTHER JUST EAST OF HANA WITHIN THE
WINDWARD APPROACHES TO THE ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL.

THE 1830 UTC ISSUANCE OF THIS PRODUCT MAY BE DELAYED DUE TO COMPUTER
SYSTEM UPGRADES AT WFO HONOLULU EXPECTED TO BEGIN EARLY THIS
MORNING.

$$

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.