

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 08:42:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.176])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0L0gV4i087787	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:42:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so3605148waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:42:31 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.224.5 with SMTP id w5mr2906286wfg.215.1200876150907; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 16:42:30 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs217244wfi; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 16:42:30 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.156.2 with SMTP id d2mr13399690qbe.54.1200876149510; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 16:42:29 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id g34si1017760rob.8.2008.01.20.16.42.26; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 16:42:29 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0ILXYEI001033; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 18:40:43 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14473883 for [email-masked]; Sun,
20 Jan 2008 18:40:39 -0600
Received: from relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (relay05.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.40])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0L0edlw008939 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:40:39 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay05.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0L0eWlC008515 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:40:38 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0L0eWtW023767 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:40:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0L0eWwl023766 for [email-masked]; Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:40:32 -0600
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:40:32 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=4 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801200080
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

756
ATHW40 PHFO 210040
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC MON JAN 21 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 21 2008

RIDGING NORTH OF KAUAI REMAINS THE DOMINANT WEATHER FEATURE THIS
AFTERNOON...KEEPING TRADE WIND FLOW OVER THE AREA. LOW CLOUDS
UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING IN FROM THE EAST AROUND 20 MILES
AN HOUR.

CLOUDS HAVE DECREASED OVER THE WATERS UPSTREAM OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE HEAVIEST CONCENTRATION OF
CLOUDS IS UPSTREAM OF THE BIG ISLAND WITH A BATCH OF LOW CLOUDS
ABOUT 25 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...EXTENDING TO THE
NORTHEAST ABOUT 80 MILES.

THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS HAS MOVED TO
THE EAST OVER THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS AND CONTINUED TO WEAKEN. AT 2
PM...THE TROUGH AXIS WAS ALONG A LINE FROM 23.6N 141.5W TO 13.0N
149.3W.

THE NEXT SURFACE FEATURE IS A COLD FRONT ABOUT 940 MILES NORTHWEST
OF KAUAI THIS AFTERNOON. THE LOW PRESSURE CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH THE
COLD FRONT IS NORTH OF 40N. THE FRONT LIES ROUGHLY ALONG A LINE FROM
40N 167W TO 32N 170W TO 26N 176W TO 23N 173E.

SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS REMAIN OVER THE EASTERN TWO-THIRDS OF
KAUAI THIS AFTERNOON...AND OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE AND THE ADJACENT
COAST ON OAHU. JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER MOLOKAI...LANAI AND
KAHOOLAWE AT 2 PM. ON MAUI...CLOUDS LINGER OVER THE EAST FACING
SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES
OF HALEAKALA FROM PAUWELA TO HANA TO NUU. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE
FOUND OVER THE WEST FACING SLOPES OF MAUI. CLOUDS ARE PLENTIFUL OVER
THE BIG ISLAND SLOPES FROM UPOLU POINT TO CAPE KUMUKAHI TO
VOLCANO...AND FROM PAHALA TO SOUTH POINT TO THE KONA VILLAGE RESORT
AREA.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.