

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 15:03:16 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.178])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0V73Dac000601	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:03:14 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so603931pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:03:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.178.13 with SMTP id a13mr892511wff.129.1201762992370; Wed,
30 Jan 2008 23:03:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs24903wfi; Wed,
30 Jan 2008 23:03:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.203.4 with SMTP id a4mr3771277qbg.6.1201762990731; Wed,
30 Jan 2008 23:03:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id q14si1326129qbq.33.2008.01.30.23.03.08; Wed,
30 Jan 2008 23:03:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0TLJVbj009237; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 01:02:13 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14614108 for [email-masked]; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 01:02:13 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0V72CYN005898 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 01:02:12 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0V725aC029329 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 01:02:11 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0V725hP030903 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 01:02:05 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0V725mh030902 for [email-masked]; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 01:02:05 -0600
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 01:02:05 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0801300098
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

346
FXPQ60 PGUM 310702
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
502 PM CHST THU JAN 31 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
SCATTERED SHOWERS THAT WERE OVER THE REGION EARLIER TODAY HAVE
MOVED WELL WEST OF THE FORECAST AREA. CURRENT RADAR NOW ONLY SHOWS
ISOLATED SHOWER ACTIVITY.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
DID VERY LITTLE TO THE FORECAST GRIDS. STILL ANTICIPATE A WEAK
IMPULSE TO MOVE INTO THE MARIANAS OVERNIGHT AND LIKELY BRING MOSTLY CLOUDY
CONDITIONS WITH A BRIEF PERIOD OF SCATTERED SHOWERS. HOWEVER...THE
SHORT DURATION OF THIS EPISODE DID NOT WARRANT INCLUSION IN GRIDS.
LIKEWISE...GFS AND MM5 SHOW ANOTHER BRIEF BOUT OF MOSTLY CLOUDY
SKIES WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS SOMETIME LATE TOMORROW AFTERNOON.
AGAIN...SPATIAL COVERAGE AS WELL AS LOW CONFIDENCE IN TIMING OF
THIS SYSTEM DID NOT JUSTIFY ADDING TO THE FORECAST.
OTHERWISE...SEASONABLE WEATHER WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE REMAINDER
OF THE FORECAST PERIOD.

&&

.MICRONESIA...
GFS/UKMET KEEP A RELATIVELY DRY TRADE-WIND PATTERN IN PLACE THE
NEXT FEW DAYS...WITH ANY SIGNIFICANT WEATHER SOUTH OF ALL THE
FORECAST LOCATIONS. BY DAYS 4 AND 5...MODELS HINT THAT LOW-LEVEL
CONVERGENCE MAY START COMING BACK AND BRING SHOWERS CLOSER TO
PALAU...CHUUK... PONPEI AND KOSRAE...BUT TOO EARLY TO BUY INTO
THAT YET. SO HAVE STAYED WITH MOSTLY CLOUDY AND ISOLATED FROM PREV
FORECAST.

SURF HAS SUBSIDED FOR NOW...AND MOST LOCATIONS SHOULD REMAIN FREE OF
HAZARDOUS SURF FOR A FEW DAYS. THE EXCEPTION IS KOSRAE...WHERE
8-FOOT SURF MAY RETURN TO EASTERN EXPOSURES SATURDAY OR SUNDAY.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

LEE/MIDDLEBROOKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.