

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sat,
09 Feb 2008 08:26:22 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wx-out-0506.google.com (wx-out-0506.google.com [66.249.82.237])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m190QEgM016496	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 09 Feb 2008 08:26:15 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wx-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id h26so3490621wxd.22 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:26:13 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.230.11 with SMTP id c11mr7425742wfh.145.1202516773374; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 16:26:13 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.161.6 with SMTP id n6cs786594wfo; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 16:26:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.20.18 with SMTP id x18mr25972342qbi.92.1202516771294; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 16:26:11 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id z21si11633309qbc.21.2008.02.08.16.26.09; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 16:26:11 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m17JhPh2009237; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 18:25:18 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14759472 for [email-masked]; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 18:25:18 -0600
Received: from relay07.cites.uiuc.edu (relay07.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.73])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m190PHuu025122 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:25:17 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay07.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m190PB1A004542 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:25:17 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m190PBCw019860 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:25:11 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m190PBLT019859 for [email-masked]; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:25:11 -0600
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:25:11 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=73 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802080096
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_MEDIA_BODY 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

527
ATHW40 PHFO 090025
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT FEB 9 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC FEBRUARY 9 2008

CONSIDERABLE CLOUDINESS OVER THE STATE THIS AFTERNOON WITH KAUAI AND
OAHU UNDER SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. MAUI COUNTY HAS BROKEN TO
OVERCAST SKY COVER CONSISTING OF A MIX OF LOW AND HIGH CLOUDINESS.
MEANWHILE...BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUDS COVER MOST OF THE BIG ISLAND
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SMALL AREAS OF SCATTERED CLOUDS EAST OF MAUNA
LOA/S SUMMIT AND OVER THE HUMUULA SADDLE.

SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER THE COASTAL AND OFFSHORE WATERS NORTH AND
NORTHEAST OF KAUAI AND OAHU ARE MOVING TOWARD THE WEST SOUTHWEST AT
15 TO 20 MILES PER HOUR.  ABOUT 100 MILES EAST OF CAPE KUMUKAHI ON
THE BIG ISLAND...THE LEADING EDGE OF AN AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST
SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS HAS EMERGED FROM BENEATH AN UPPER LEVEL SHORT
WAVE TROUGH.  THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TOWARD THE WEST SOUTHWEST AT
15 TO 20 MILES PER HOUR.

IN THE WATER VAPOR IMAGES...A COMPLEX PATTERN OF THREE UPPER LEVEL
TROUGHS REMAINS OVER AND NEAR THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THREE
SHORT WAVE TROUGHS CAN BE IDENTIFIED. THE FIRST EXTENDS FROM 25N
155W TO THE KAIWI CHANNEL THEN SOUTHWESTWARD THROUGH 10N 165W. THIS
TROUGH IS MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 20 MILES PER HOUR AND THROUGH THE DAY
HAS DEVELOPED A LARGE AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS SOUTH
OF 16N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W. SOME EMBEDDED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS ARE
BETWEEN 10N AND 13N FROM 155W TO 159W. A FASTER SHORT WAVE
TROUGH...MOVING EAST AT 25 MILES PER HOUR...IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE
POLAR WESTERLIES AND EXTENDS FROM 26N 155W NORTHWARD TO A LOW NORTH
OF 40N. THE THIRD SHORT WAVE...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 MILES PER
HOUR...EXTENDS FROM ABOUT 100 MILES NORTHEAST OF HILO TO 10N 142W.
THIS SHORT WAVE IS PRODUCING A LARGE NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST BAND OF
BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS SPREADING 400 TO 500 MILES NORTHEAST
OF A LINE 21N 153W TO 10N 145W.  EMBEDDED CUMULONIMBUS ACTIVITY HAS
WEAKENED OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS WITH ENHANCED CLOUD TOPS TO 36000 FT
NEAR 20N 150W.

FINALLY...A WEAK FRONTAL CLOUD BAND CONSISTING OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS
EXTENDS 100 TO 150 MILES NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 30N 155W TO 26N
164W...THEN NORTH OF A LINE FROM 26N 164W TO 25N 175W. THE BAND
STRADDLES THE NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM LAYSAN ISLAND
TO THE PEARL AND HERMES ATOLLS.  THE WESTERN END OF THE BAND HAS
BECOME RAGGED THROUGH THE DAY.

$$

KODAMA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.