

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Tue,
29 Jan 2008 20:33:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wr-out-0506.google.com (wr-out-0506.google.com [64.233.184.235])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0TCXRg6039101	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:33:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wr-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id 50so1308124wri.25 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 29 Jan 2008 04:33:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.241.10 with SMTP id o10mr3178056wfh.217.1201610006036; Tue,
29 Jan 2008 04:33:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs351706wfi; Tue,
29 Jan 2008 04:33:23 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.141.141.3 with SMTP id t3mr958990rvn.72.1201610001336; Tue,
29 Jan 2008 04:33:21 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f13si5869713qba.20.2008.01.29.04.33.19; Tue,
29 Jan 2008 04:33:21 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0SFQrLq009237; Tue,
29 Jan 2008 06:32:53 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14584283 for [email-masked]; Tue,
29 Jan 2008 06:32:52 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0TCWqZd001277 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:32:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0TCWkrD025042 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:32:52 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0TCWkZU013007 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:32:46 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0TCWjJt013002 for [email-masked]; Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:32:45 -0600
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:32:45 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=8 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801290023
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_MEDIA_BODY 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

450
ATHW40 PHFO 291232
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC TUE JAN 29 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 29 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGES SHOWED A COMPACT AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IN THE
MIDDLE TO UPPER ATMOSPHERE LOCATED JUST NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THIS FEATURE ENHANCED THE OTHERWISE UNREMARKABLE
MARINE CLOUDS PASSING UNDER IT AS IT EDGED TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST.

THUS...CLOUD COVER OVER AND JUST NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS INCLUDED
ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULI RISING UP TO ABOUT 30000 FEET...THOUGH MOST
CLOUDS THERE CONSISTED OF SHOWERY CUMULI AND STRATOCUMULI UP TO
ABOUT 12000 FEET HIGH. THESE CLOUDS WERE MOST DEVELOPED FROM MAUI
COUNTY TO THE BIG ISLAND...THOUGH SOME LARGE TOWERING CUMULI
APPEARED UPWIND OF OAHU AS WELL. THEY MOVED GENERALLY TOWARD THE
SOUTHWEST TO WEST AT 25 TO 30 MILES AN HOUR...AT TIMES PASSING
COMPLETELY OVER THE SMALLER ISLANDS WITHOUT BECOMING TRAPPED ALONG
WINDWARD SLOPES. LAYERED DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM EARLIER CUMULUS BUILDUPS
ALSO LINGERED ALONG NORTHEAST SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND...PARTLY
OBSCURING LOWER FEATURES. ALTHOUGH TYPICALLY THE STRONGEST ACTIVITY
IN THE LEE PLUME OF THE BIG ISLAND DEVELOPS FAR OUT TO SEA...A
TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUD ABOUT 20000 FEET TALL HAD DEVELOPED JUST
OFFSHORE FROM KAILUA-KONA.

RADAR DATA FROM NEAR THE ISLANDS SHOWED AREAS OF RAIN ALONG THE
NORTHEAST COAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER MOST
OF THE ISLANDS AND ADJACENT WATERS. HOWEVER...RADAR DATA SHOWED
ISOLATED SHOWERS AT MOST IMMEDIATELY SOUTHWEST OF MAUI COUNTY AND
OAHU...AND AROUND SOUTH POINT ON THE BIG ISLAND.

FARTHER TO THE SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST...VERY LIGHT THUNDERSTORM
ACTIVITY CONTINUED IN THE ITCZ BETWEEN 12N AND 10N...MAINLY EAST OF
150W. DENSE LAYERED MIDDLE TO HIGH CLOUDS FROM THIS AND EARLIER
CONVECTION OBSCURED LOWER CLOUD FEATURES WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE
CURVE FROM 08N 175W TO 07N 170W TO 07N 166W TO 02N 160W...AND WITHIN
450 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 04N 154W TO 17N 143W TO 17N 140W AND
FURTHER NORTHEAST.

TO THE NORTHWEST...A BAND OF DENSE LAYERED MIDDLE TO HIGH CLOUDS
ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONT OBSCURED LOWER CLOUD FEATURES NORTHWEST OF
THE LINE FROM 22N 180 TO 30N 172W. A FEW TOWERING CUMULI OR POSSIBLE
THUNDERSTORMS ROSE THROUGH THE LAYERED CLOUDS.

OTHERWISE...CLOUD COVER ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS CONSISTED MOSTLY OF
CUMULI AND STRATOCUMULI ORGANIZED INTO LOOSE STREAMS ABOUT 350 MILES
WIDE EXTENDING FROM EAST TO WEST WHILE MEANDERING FROM NORTH TO
SOUTH. THESE CLOUDS INCREASED IN AREAL COVERAGE NORTH OF 20N AND
EAST OF 150W...AND THEY HAD INCREASED IN AREAL COVERAGE WITH TIME
OVERNIGHT. THEY GENERALLY ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 6000 TO 9000 FEET...
AND MOVED TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST...WEST...OR NORTHWEST AT 20 TO 30
MILES AN HOUR.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.