

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 13:26:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.179])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0P5QQWY002807	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:26:27 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so596787pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:26:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.237.20 with SMTP id k20mr941189wfh.227.1201238785872; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 21:26:25 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs49557wfi; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 21:26:25 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.189.20 with SMTP id r20mr3408600qbp.48.1201238784675; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 21:26:24 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f18si1429040qba.14.2008.01.24.21.26.21; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 21:26:24 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0ODfoBl009237; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 23:24:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14533359 for [email-masked]; Thu,
24 Jan 2008 23:24:49 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0P5Onaq029101 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:24:49 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0P5OgJU002116 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:24:48 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0P5OgQC001949 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:24:42 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0P5Ogjk001948 for [email-masked]; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:24:42 -0600
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:24:42 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801240150
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

432
ATHW40 PHFO 250524
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC FRI JAN 25 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 25 2008

A HIGHLY AMPLIFIED PATTERN ACROSS THE NORTH PACIFIC IS MAINTAINING
HIGH PRESSURE AT THE SURFACE AND ALOFT OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS...RESULTING IN A STABLE...TRADE-WIND WEATHER REGIME THIS
EVENING.

FEW TO SCATTERED...MAINLY STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS OVER HAWAIIAN
COASTAL WATERS ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST AT 15 TO 18 MPH...
CREATING BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER TYPICAL WINDWARD EXPOSURES. LEEWARD
AREAS ARE MOSTLY CLEAR EXCEPT FOR BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS THE SOUTH
KONA AND KAU DISTRICTS OF THE BIG ISLAND AND THE UPPER SLOPES OF
HALEAKALA ON MAUI. THESE CLOUDS WERE FORMED BY AFTERNOON HEATING AND
ARE DECREASING RAPIDLY AFTER SUNSET. BEYOND 75 MILES NORTH OF THE
ISLANDS...SCATTERED CUMULUS CLOUDS DOMINATE.

THE HIGHLY AMPLIFIED PATTERN IS PRODUCING STABLE RIDGING NEAR THE
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SANDWICHED BETWEEN TROUGHING TO THE WEST AND
EAST. A NEARLY STATIONARY UPPER TROUGH CENTERED OVER MIDWAY ATOLL IS
SUPPORTING A STATIONARY SURFACE TROUGH 800 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.
THE TROUGH IS MARKED BY A 400 MILE-WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST LAYERED
CLOUDS ALONG 30N 169W AND 19N 175W. THE UPPER TROUGH TO THE EAST OF
THE STATE IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE GALE OFF CENTRAL CALIFORNIA. THE
NEARLY STATIONARY UPPER TROUGH EXTENDS ALONG 27N 140W...25N 148W...
AND 30N 154W AND IS ENHANCING A BAND OF CLOUDS 400 MILES NORTHEAST
OF THE ISLANDS. THIS 125 MILE-WIDE BAND OF BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS
RUNS ALONG 27N 156W...24N 148W...AND 22N 140W. ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS EMBEDDED IN THE BAND NEAR 148W RISE TO 38 KFT.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.