

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
11 Jan 2008 04:00:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wr-out-0506.google.com (wr-out-0506.google.com [64.233.184.236])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0AK0mRP030992	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 04:00:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wr-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id 50so409114wri.25 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:00:47 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.245.10 with SMTP id s10mr1289161wfh.156.1199995246923; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 12:00:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs682688wfi; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 12:00:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.28.3 with SMTP id b3mr18301189qbb.2.1199995245748; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 12:00:45 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id c6si1570499qbc.11.2008.01.10.12.00.43; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 12:00:45 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0AFwsIB023583; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 13:57:17 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14374839 for [email-masked]; Thu,
10 Jan 2008 13:57:17 -0600
Received: from relay6.cso.uiuc.edu (relay6.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.12])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0AJvGnd003780 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:57:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay6.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0AJvARI013548 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:57:16 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0AJvAjY029252 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:57:10 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0AJvAll029251 for [email-masked]; Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:57:10 -0600
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:57:10 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801100120
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

743
FXPQ60 PGUM 101957
AFDPQ

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
557 AM CHST FRI JAN 11 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
A FRESH SURGE IN THE TRADE WINDS WILL BRING FAIR WEATHER TO THE
MARIANAS THROUGH TONIGHT.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
COMPUTER MODELS ARE HINTING THAT AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH CURRENTLY
STRETCHING NORTHEASTWARD BETWEEN CHUUK AND POHNPEI WILL BE ENTERING
THE MARIANAS ON SUNDAY. AMONG THE MODELS...BOTH GFS AND UKMET ARE
EXTENDING THE TROUGH ONTO THE SURFACE WHILE MOVING THROUGH OUR
AREA THROUGH MONDAY. IT IS TOO EARLY TO TELL IF THIS SCENARIO WILL
HAPPEN OR NOT. FOR THE TIME BEING...INTRODUCED MORE CLOUDS OVER
THE MARIANAS FOR SUNDAY AND MONDAY.

&&

.MARINE...
INCREASING TRADES WILL CAUSE SEAS TO BUILD REACHING 7 TO 9 FEET
THIS EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT. EAST SWELL IS ALSO GRADUALLY
RISING THROUGH THE WEEKEND. COMBINING WITH A NEW LONG PERIOD NORTH
SWELL ARRIVING EARLY NEXT WEEK...SURF ALONG NORTHEAST AND EAST
FACING SHORES MIGHT APPROACH ADVISORY CRITERIA.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE WILL PRODUCE SCATTERED SHOWERS ACROSS MAJURO
AND KOSRAE THROUGH SATURDAY. NEW AREAS OF TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE
WILL GENERATE SCATTERED SHOWERS FOR MAJURO STARTING SUNDAY...THEN
BUILD INTO KOSRAE AND POHNPEI FOR MONDAY AND TUESDAY. WINDS WILL
REMAIN IN THE 15 TO 20 KNOT RANGE AS FRESH TRADES CONTINUE TO BLOW
ACROSS THE WEST PACIFIC.

WIND WAVES COMBINED WITH SWELLS KEEP SEAS NEAR 10 FEET THROUGH THE
FORECAST. GLOBAL WAVE WATCH MODEL CONTINUES TO INDICATE COMBINED
SEAS THAT WILL BREACH HIGH SURF THRESHOLDS FOR ALL EASTERN LOCATIONS
THIS WEEKEND. THEREFORE...ISSUED HIGH SURF ADVISORIES FOR ALL
EASTERN LOCATIONS WITH A 24 HOUR LEAD TIME.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
A CIRCULATION WAS LOCATED TO THE SOUTHWEST OF PALAU THIS MORNING.
CONVECTION IS DISPLACED WELL TO THE NORTH...BUT THE SITUATION STILL
BEARS WATCHING FOR THOSE LOCATED WEST OF OUR AREA. IT MAY EVENTUALLY
BECOME A TROPICAL CYCLONE AS IT MOVES INTO THE SOUTH CHINA SEA. THE
CIRCULATION AND ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE WILL GENERATE
SCATTERED SHOWERS THROUGH TONIGHT AT YAP AND THROUGH SATURDAY AT
PALAU.

FAIR WEATHER WILL PREVAIL ACROSS CHUUK STATE TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY.
TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE WILL BRING SCATTERED SHOWERS TO THIS STATE
MONDAY AND TUESDAY.

COMBINED SEAS STAY IN THE 7 TO 9 FOOT RANGE FOR MOST AREAS THROUGH
THE FORECAST PERIOD. THE EXCEPTION IS CHUUK STATE. SEAS WILL RISE
ABOVE 10 FEET BY SUNDAY. THEREFORE...ISSUED A HIGH SURF ADVISORY FOR
CHUUK WITH A 24 HOUR LEAD TIME.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

CHAN/STANKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.