

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Tue,
22 Jan 2008 08:31:00 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from nz-out-0506.google.com (nz-out-0506.google.com [64.233.162.230])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0M0UnvN077570	for <[email-masked]>;
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:30:50 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by nz-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id q3so1204452nzb.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:30:48 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.212.19 with SMTP id k19mr3678393wfg.66.1200961848435; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 16:30:48 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs306981wfi; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 16:30:48 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.205.16 with SMTP id h16mr16170748qbq.31.1200961847461; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 16:30:47 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 1si5993370qbh.7.2008.01.21.16.30.44; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 16:30:47 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0L7ip2E013117; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 18:29:27 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14487991 for [email-masked]; Mon,
21 Jan 2008 18:29:27 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0M0TQ58011380 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:29:26 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0M0TCFv012741 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:29:25 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0M0TC46012372 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:29:12 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0M0TC6c012371 for [email-masked]; Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:29:12 -0600
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:29:12 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801210137
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

135
ATHW40 PHFO 220029
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE JAN 22 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 22 2008

A BROAD FIELD OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS MOVING WESTWARD
IN MODERATE TRADE WIND FLOW. THIS FIELD OF LOW CLOUDS EXTENDS WELL
UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS. THESE CLOUDS ARE SHOWERY IN APPEARANCE AND
ARE SEEN MOVING INTO THE WINDWARD SIDES OF MOST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS. CLOUD TOPS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE UP TO AROUND 9000 FEET.

LOW CLOUD COVERAGE DID VARY FROM ISLAND TO ISLAND. OVER ON KAUAI
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE COVERING MUCH OF THE ISLAND WITH A FEW BREAKS
OVER SOUTHERN AND WESTERN COASTAL AREAS. ON OAHU LOW CLOUDS ARE
BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF BOTH THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE
MOUNTAIN RANGES WITH JUST A FEW SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS SEEN ELSEWHERE.
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE COVERING EASTERN THIRD OF MOLOKAI WITH JUST A
FEW PATCHES SEEN OVER INTERIOR SECTIONS OF LANAI. OVER ON MAUI LOW
CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA WITH LOW CLOUDS
ALSO SEEN OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS.
OVER ON THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE LOWER
WINDWARD SLOPES FROM NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD THROUGH THE PUNA
DISTRICT. DAYTIME HEATING HAS CAUSED LOW CLOUDS TO BUILD UP OVER THE
LOWER AND MIDDLE SLOPES OF THE KONA AND KAU DISTRICTS.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTHWEST ORIENTED
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH LOCATED TO THE NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS.
THIS UPPER TROUGH HAS BEEN MOVING SOUTHWARD OVER THE PAST SEVERAL
HOURS. FAR TO THE WEST AND NORTHWEST OF THE STATE LIES A BROAD
FIELD OF LAYERED CLOUDS THAT ARE STREAMING TOWARD THE NORTHEAST IN
ASSOCIATION WITH A BROAD UPPER TROUGH CENTERED FAR TO THE NORTHWEST
OF THE ISLANDS.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.