

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
04 Jan 2008 13:38:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from rv-out-0910.google.com (rv-out-0910.google.com [209.85.198.185])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m045cqCb057089	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 04 Jan 2008 13:38:53 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by rv-out-0910.google.com with SMTP id c24so4719432rvf.37 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:38:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.37.20 with SMTP id p20mr3571789wfj.236.1199425132684; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 21:38:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs81476wfi; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 21:38:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.249.9 with SMTP id w9mr34648587anh.105.1199425131720; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 21:38:51 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id a15si19757677rof.19.2008.01.03.21.38.35; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 21:38:51 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m03C0mEK027463; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 23:37:40 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14479201 for [email-masked]; Thu,
03 Jan 2008 23:37:39 -0600
Received: from relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (relay3.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.121])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m045bdK7011390 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:37:39 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m045bWlD000240 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:37:39 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m045bWVv010525 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:37:32 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m045bWCQ010524 for [email-masked]; Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:37:32 -0600
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:37:32 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801030179
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_MEDIA_BODY 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

833
ATHW40 PHFO 040537
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC FRI JAN 04 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 04 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AND UPPER LEVEL HIGH JUST NORTH OF THE
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...WITH RELATIVELY DRY AIR OVER THE ISLAND THIS
EVENING.

TWO DISTINCT AREAS OF CLOUDS ARE UPSTREAM OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS THIS EVENING. THE SOUTHERN BAND OF CLOUDS STRETCHES FROM
NEAR 25N 134W...ABOUT 1360 MILES NORTHEAST OF HILO...TO THE EASTERN
SHORES OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE BAND IS ABOUT 100 MILES ACROSS NEAR
THE BIG ISLAND...AND TAPERS TO ABOUT 50 MILES WIDE AT IT/S EASTERN
END. THE NORTHERN BAND OF CLOUDS STRETCHES FROM NEAR 24N 145W TO
ABOUT 25 MILES OFF THE EASTERN SHORES OF MAUI...MOLOKAI...OAHU AND
KAUAI. THIS BAND/S WESTERN END IS ABOUT 375 MILES WIDE...WITH LOW
CLOUDS EXTENDING ABOUT 100 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI. LOW CLOUDS IN BOTH
OF THESE BANDS ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST BETWEEN 20 AND 25
MPH.

THE LAST VISIBLE IMAGES OF THE DAY SHOWS SCATTERED TO BROKEN CLOUDS
OVER THE EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI...AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUDS OVER
THE KOOLAU RANGE AND ADJACENT COASTAL SECTIONS OF OAHU. SCATTERED TO
BROKEN CLOUDS WERE FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF MOLOKAI AND
MAUI...AND OVER THE INTERIOR OF LANAI. ON THE BIG ISLAND...SNOW WAS
STILL VISIBLE ON THE SUMMITS OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA. SATELLITE
ALSO SHOWED PLENTY OF CLOUDS OVER THE LOWER SLOPES FROM UPOLU POINT
TO OOKALA AND FROM HAKALAU TO CAPE KUMUKAHI TO VOLCANO. MORE CLOUDS
WERE FOUND FROM WOOD VALLEY TO SOUTH POINT TO KONA.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.