

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Wed,
16 Jan 2008 02:30:13 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wx-out-0506.google.com (wx-out-0506.google.com [66.249.82.226])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0FIUBf0023888	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 02:30:12 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wx-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id h26so1459423wxd.22 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:30:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.177.7 with SMTP id z7mr3328286wfe.47.1200421810058; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 10:30:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs293294wfi; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 10:30:09 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.28.3 with SMTP id b3mr10335011qbb.2.1200421808986; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 10:30:08 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id a29si6067115qbd.4.2008.01.15.10.30.06; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 10:30:08 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0FD2gig001033; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 12:29:32 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14411697 for [email-masked]; Tue,
15 Jan 2008 12:29:32 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0FITWo7016544 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:29:32 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0FITPRl026164 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:29:31 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0FITPVc014832 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:29:25 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0FITPfm014831 for [email-masked]; Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:29:25 -0600
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:29:25 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=21 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=99 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801150111
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

607
ATHW40 PHFO 151829
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC TUE JAN 15 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 15 2008

A RATHER STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS SEEN SPINNING ABOUT 850 MILES
TO THE NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU. THE LOW IS PRESENTLY SEEN DRIFTING
TOWARD THE WEST. DEEP CONVECTION IS SEEN NEAR THE CENTER OF THE LOW
AND ALONG ITS ASSOCIATED FRONTAL BOUNDARY TO THE NORTH OF 30N. THE
TAIL END OF THE FRONT IS WELL TO THE EAST NORTHEAST OF THE STATE AND
CONSISTS OF STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS.

OVER AND AROUND THE ISLANDS LIES A VERY BROAD FIELD OF STABLE
STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS WHICH ARE GENERALLY MOVING INTO THE ISLANDS
FROM THE NORTH AND NORTHEAST. MOSTLY CLOUDY CONDITIONS ARE SEEN OVER
THE ISLANDS OF KAUAI AND OAHU. THE NORTH AND NORTHEAST FACING SLOPES
OF MOLOKAI ARE CLOUD COVERED AS WELL AS THE NORTH FACING SLOPES OF
LANAI. OVER ON MAUI LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE NORTH FACING
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER THE NORTHEAST FACING SLOPES OF
THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER ON THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE
BANKED UP OVER THE LOWER WINDWARD SLOPES FROM NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD
THROUGH THE PUNA DISTRICT. JUST A FEW PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN
OVER THE LOWER KONA SLOPES.

IR AND WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IS SHOWING A BROAD SWATH OF HIGH CIRRUS
CLOUDS STREAMING TOWARD THE EAST NORTHEAST. THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF
THIS SWATH HAS CLEARED THE BIG ISLAND AND IS NOW JUST TO ITS EAST
SOUTHEAST.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.