

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Wed,
20 Feb 2008 02:31:25 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from el-out-1112.google.com (el-out-1112.google.com [209.85.162.182])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m1JIVNOI046880	for <[email-masked]>;
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 02:31:24 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by el-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id r23so1108158elf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:31:22 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.163.14 with SMTP id l14mr5603349wfe.73.1203445882370; Tue,
19 Feb 2008 10:31:22 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.192.1 with SMTP id u1cs690wfp; Tue,
19 Feb 2008 10:31:21 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.124.8 with SMTP id b8mr14090259qbn.54.1203445879842; Tue,
19 Feb 2008 10:31:19 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id d12si7960640qbc.3.2008.02.19.10.31.17; Tue,
19 Feb 2008 10:31:19 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1JGhfkk024180; Tue,
19 Feb 2008 12:30:20 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14885541 for [email-masked]; Tue,
19 Feb 2008 12:30:20 -0600
Received: from relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (relay01.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.23])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1JIUJq8008667 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:30:19 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay01.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1JIUD5N026179 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:30:19 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1JIUCql003312 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:30:12 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m1JIUBAP003311 for [email-masked]; Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:30:11 -0600
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:30:11 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=1
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802190059
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2 0.5, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HASHBUSTER_BLOCK_V2_1 0,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0,
__RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

537
ATHW40 PHFO 191830
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC TUE FEB 19 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC FEBRUARY 19 2008

HIGH PRESSURE OVER AND NEAR THE ISLANDS HAS DAMPENED MOST CLOUD
FORMATION. ABOUT 99.9 PERCENT OF THE SKY WITHIN 400 MILES NORTHEAST
OF THE MAIN ISLANDS IS CLEAR. THE .1 PERCENT CONSISTS OF ISOLATED
CLOUDS EAST OF MAUI AND IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF THE KAUAI CHANNEL.
SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS...SKIES ARE A LITTLE MORE CLOUDY...BUT NOT BY
MUCH. ISOLATED CLOUDS ARE SEEN WITHIN 200 MILES SOUTH OF THE SMALLER
ISLANDS WITH ABOUT 5 PERCENT CLOUD COVERAGE.

CLOUDS ARE A BIT MORE NUMEROUS...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...FROM 100 TO
225 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND. A SECOND AREA OF BROKEN
TO OVERCAST CLOUDS EXTENDS FROM 300 TO 425 MILES SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI.
ADDITIONAL CLOUD CLUMPS CAN BE SEEN ABOUT 500 TO 800 MILES TO THE
SOUTHWEST OF THE MAIN ISLANDS.

EXCEPT FOR CLOUDS OVER THE EAST END OF MAUI SOUTH OF HANA AND OVER
PUNA ON THE BIG ISLAND...ISLAND SKIES ARE CLEAR. THERE IS STILL SNOW
ON THE SUMMITS OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA...AND INFRARED IMAGERY
SHOWS A HOT SPOT WHERE THERE IS LAVA.

CLOUD TOPS ARE NEAR 5 THOUSAND FEET. A FEW CLOUDS IN A SECOND LAYER
HAVE BASES NEAR 8 THOUSAND AND TOPS NEAR 10 THOUSAND FEET. THE
CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE NORTHWEST AT ABOUT 5 MPH.

FURTHER AFIELD...THE LEADING OR SOUTHEASTERN EDGE OF A COLD FRONT
RUNS NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST ALONG A LINE THROUGH 30N165W 27N170W
21N180. BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUDS EXTEND SOME 350 MILES TO THE
NORTHWEST OF THE LEADING EDGE. TOPS ARE NEAR 11 THOUSAND FEET ALONG
THE LEADING EDGE AND NEAR 5 THOUSAND FEET ELSEWHERE TO THE NORTHWEST.

NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS AND BEYOND THE CLEAR SKIES THERE ARE
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITH BROKEN CIRRUS CLOUDS ABOVE. THE
LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING SLOWLY TO THE SOUTH. THE HIGH CLOUDS...WHICH
ARE SOUTH OF A 170 TO 200 KNOT JET STREAM LOCATED NORTH OF 30N...ARE
MOVING TO THE SOUTHEAST AT 45 MPH.

$$

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.