

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sun,
03 Feb 2008 08:52:10 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.178])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m130q7Im039827	for <[email-masked]>;
Sun, 03 Feb 2008 08:52:08 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so1751657pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 02 Feb 2008 16:52:06 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.47.6 with SMTP id u6mr2899792wfu.159.1201999926437; Sat,
02 Feb 2008 16:52:06 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs41648wfi; Sat,
02 Feb 2008 16:52:06 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.196.2 with SMTP id y2mr9242696qbp.83.1201999925462; Sat,
02 Feb 2008 16:52:05 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id q16si13420qbq.0.2008.02.02.16.52.03; Sat,
02 Feb 2008 16:52:05 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m12IUYKo026941; Sat,
02 Feb 2008 18:51:11 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14652410 for [email-masked]; Sat,
02 Feb 2008 18:51:11 -0600
Received: from relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (relay03.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.69])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m130pAXM013276 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 02 Feb 2008 18:51:11 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m130p4Ee019543 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 02 Feb 2008 18:51:10 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m130p43I009896 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 02 Feb 2008 18:51:04 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m130p4RX009895 for [email-masked]; Sat, 02 Feb 2008 18:51:04 -0600
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 18:51:04 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=32 adultscore=2
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802020049
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

012
ATHW40 PHFO 030050
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN FEB 3 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC FEBRUARY 3 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NORTHWEST OF KAUAI
CENTERED NEAR 27N 166W OR ABOUT 500 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE
LOW WAS MOVING TO THE NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH. SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS
CONTINUE TO FORM OVER WATER BETWEEN THE LOW AND KAUAI. THE LOW IS
ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS THAT HAVE FORMED OVER
THE KAUAI CHANNEL AND WATERS SOUTH OF KAUAI. A TROUGH HAS FORMED
SOUTH OF THE STATE WITHIN THE CIRCULATION OF THE LOW AND IS MOVING
NORTHWARD. IT IS THE APPROACH OF THIS TROUGH THAT PROMPTED THE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TO ISSUE A FLOOD WATCH FOR THE ENTIRE
STATE UNTIL 2 PM HST SUNDAY.

THE JET STREAM THAT WAS STATIONARY OVER MAUI THIS MORNING KEEPING
THE VERY HEAVY RAIN OVER EAST MAUI AND THE WINDWARD BIG ISLAND IS
SHIFTING NORTHWESTWARD TOWARDS KAUAI. THE MOVEMENT UP THE ISLAND
CHAIN OF THE JET IS IN RESPONSE TO THE COUNTERCLOCKWISE FLOW AROUND
THE TROUGH TO THE SOUTH. THE JET IS PRESENTLY RUNNING SOUTHWEST TO
NORTHEAST OVER MOLOKAI.

DENSE CIRRUS CLOUDS CONTINUE TO OBSCURE THE LOW CLOUD FIELD BELOW.
THE PRESENCE OF WIDESPREAD MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN OVER EAST HAWAII
AND EAST MAUI...AS INDICATED BY RADAR...INDICATES THAT CLOUDS ARE
BROKEN TO OVERCAST WITH MERGING LAYERS AND EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

LOW CLOUDS WEST OF THE JET STREAM ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN OVER OAHU
AND KAUAI. ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS AND THUNDERSTORMS CAN BE SEEN
OVER WATER MOSTLY AROUND KAUAI.

$$

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.