

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Thu,
14 Feb 2008 20:29:57 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from el-out-1112.google.com (el-out-1112.google.com [209.85.162.182])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m1ECTstq027251	for <[email-masked]>;
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:29:55 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by el-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id r23so377753elf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:29:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.83.4 with SMTP id g4mr1067645wfb.103.1202992193367; Thu,
14 Feb 2008 04:29:53 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.161.6 with SMTP id n6cs22329wfo; Thu,
14 Feb 2008 04:29:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.180.9 with SMTP id h9mr838441qbp.26.1202992192165; Thu,
14 Feb 2008 04:29:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f16si2394307qba.26.2008.02.14.04.29.50; Thu,
14 Feb 2008 04:29:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1DMI46a009237; Thu,
14 Feb 2008 06:28:40 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14844035 for [email-masked]; Thu,
14 Feb 2008 06:28:40 -0600
Received: from relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (relay03.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.69])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1ECSefF013672 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:28:40 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1ECSXjV024428 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:28:39 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m1ECSXZF018037 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:28:33 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m1ECSXG4018036 for [email-masked]; Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:28:33 -0600
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:28:33 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=2
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802140006
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

805
ATHW40 PHFO 141228
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC THU FEB 14 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 14 2008

A FRONT EXTENDED DOWN THROUGH NEAR 30N 153W TO 27N 160W TO 27N 164W
TO NEAR 28N 174W.  THE ASSOCIATED...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...
MULTI-LAYERED CLOUD BAND REMAINED RAGGED AND SOMEWHAT DIFFUSE IN
APPEARANCE.  HIGH CIRRUS CLOUDS WERE SPILLING OUT AHEAD OF THE MAIN
FRONTAL BAND.  THE CIRRUS HAD SPREAD DOWN ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN
ALL THE WAY TO THE BIG ISLAND OVERNIGHT.  THE FRONT CURRENTLY NORTH
OF THE AREA IS EXPECTED TO LIFT NORTHEASTWARD AND NOT IMPACT THE
STATE.

YET ANOTHER FRONTAL SYSTEM WAS SEEN BEYOND THE DISTANT NORTHWEST
HORIZON.  THIS NEXT FRONT WAS ALSO NOT VERY WELL-DEFINED ON
SATELLITE IMAGERY.  IT APPEARED TO BE STRETCHING FROM NORTHEAST TO
SOUTHWEST THROUGH 30N 170E AT 2 AM.  A PRE-FRONTAL BAND OF
MULTI-LAYERED CLOUDS WAS PRECEDING THE MAIN FRONT AND EXTENDED
THROUGH 30N 180.

RELATIVELY SPARSE PATCHES OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WERE
MIGRATING THROUGH THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING.  THE LOW
CLOUDS JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND WERE MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST NEAR
20 MILES AN HOUR.  THE FEW LOW CLOUDS SEEN JUST EAST OF KAUAI WERE
MOVING WEST AT JUST A MILE AN HOUR OR TWO SLOWER.  MOST OF THE LOW
CLOUDINESS SEEN AROUND THE ISLANDS WERE JUST DOWNWIND WITHIN BROAD
PLUMES EXTENDING SOUTHWEST FROM THE ISLANDS.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED AN UPPER LOW NEAR 24N 141.5W OR ABOUT 900
MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF HILO.  THE LOW WAS MOVING SOUTHWEST BETWEEN
10 AND 15 10 MILES AN HOUR.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.