

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Mon,
14 Jan 2008 08:55:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.179])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0E0tke2079688	for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 08:55:47 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id u77so2104273pyb.16 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:55:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.225.11 with SMTP id x11mr2238501wfg.141.1200272145765; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 16:55:45 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs160666wfi; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 16:55:45 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.72.7 with SMTP id z7mr13087800qbk.76.1200272144454; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 16:55:44 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id k3si7538367rog.8.2008.01.13.16.55.41; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 16:55:44 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0CASpB7022615; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 18:54:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14409527 for [email-masked]; Sun,
13 Jan 2008 18:54:45 -0600
Received: from relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (relay3.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.121])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0E0sjBe020795 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:54:45 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay3.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0E0scJO028301 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:54:44 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0E0scGe002295 for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:54:38 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0E0scWN002294 for [email-masked]; Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:54:38 -0600
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:54:38 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=4 adultscore=20
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801130155
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

723
ATHW40 PHFO 140054
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC MON JAN 14 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 14 2008

THE LEADING EDGE OF A CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A COLD FRONT
EXTENDS FROM 30N 143W TO 20N 155W. THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE
SOUTHEAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH. THE BAND IS 300 MILES WIDE NEAR 30N...AND
TAPERS TO 50 MILES WIDE OVER HAWAIIAN COASTAL WATERS. NORTH OF
27N...THE BAND IS COMPOSED OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS. SOUTH OF
27N...THE BAND IS COMPOSED PRIMARILY OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS
AND ALTOCUMULUS CLOUDS...WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING CUMULUS WITH TOPS TO
14000 FT.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LOW NEAR 29N 152W...OR ABOUT 650
MILES NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU. THIS LOW IS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 30
MPH. ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS AND CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS WITH TOPS AS
HIGH AS 30000 FT ARE LOCATED WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE CENTER OF THE
UPPER LOW. BROKEN TO OVERCAST CIRRUS AND CIRROSTRATUS ARE LOCATED
EAST OF THE FRONTAL CLOUD BAND...GENERALLY BETWEEN 140W AND 150W
NORTH OF 26N.

BEHIND THE FRONT THROUGH 160W...CLOUD ELEMENTS ARE PRIMARILY
SCATTERED STRATOCUMULUS AND CUMULUS BETWEEN 20N AND 30N. THESE
CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE SOUTH AT 30 MPH. BETWEEN 160W AND 170W...
CLOUDS ARE PRIMARILY BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS...WHICH ARE
MOVING TO THE SOUTHWEST AT 25 MPH. BETWEEN 170W AND 180...CLOUDS
ARE PRIMARILY BROKEN CUMULUS...WHICH ARE MOVING TO THE WEST AT 25
MPH.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS
CLOUDS COVER MOST OF KAUAI...WITH SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ONLY LOCATED
ALONG THE SOUTHERN SHORE FROM KEKAHA TO POIPU. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND
IN EAST-WEST ORIENTED BANDS BANDS 25 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE NORTH AND
100 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE EAST. THESE CLOUD BANDS ARE MOVING TO THE
SOUTH AT 25 MPH. TO THE WEST OF KAUAI...THESE CLOUDS MERGE WITH THE
LARGER AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS PREVIOUSLY
MENTIONED BETWEEN 160W AND 170W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER
OAHU AND MOLOKAI...AND THE NORTHERN SLOPES OF LANAI. OVERCAST LOW
CLOUDS COVER THE NORTHERN TWO THIRDS OF MAUI...NORTH OF A LINE FROM
LAHAINA TO KIPAHULU...AND EXTEND 10 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE NORTH. A
BAND OF LOW CLOUDS IS ALSO LOCATED ALONG LEEWARD SLOPES OF HALEAKALA
BELOW 7000 FT...FROM PULEHU TO ULUPALAKUA TO KIPAHULU. ON THE BIG
ISLAND...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS AT THE TAIL END OF THE
FRONTAL CLOUD BAND MENTIONED ABOVE COVER THE KOHALA RANGE. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE KONA SLOPES BELOW 7000 FT...AND KAU
DISTRICT BELOW 9000 FT. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER PUNA DISTRICT...AND
SOUTH HILO DISTRICT ABOVE 3000 FT.

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.