

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 20:22:33 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wx-out-0506.google.com (wx-out-0506.google.com [66.249.82.236])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0PCMU47017507	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 20:22:31 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wx-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id h26so489000wxd.22 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 04:22:29 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.50.15 with SMTP id x15mr1116092wfx.169.1201263749636; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 04:22:29 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs75297wfi; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 04:22:29 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.59.11 with SMTP id m11mr4078488qbk.96.1201263747806; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 04:22:27 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f15si1730100qba.23.2008.01.25.04.22.24; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 04:22:27 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0O5Vuhs026941; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 06:20:19 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14535485 for [email-masked]; Fri,
25 Jan 2008 06:20:19 -0600
Received: from relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (relay4.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.122])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0PCKJoa008118 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 06:20:19 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay4.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0PCKCnF018910 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 06:20:18 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0PCKBI6008667 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 06:20:11 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0PCKBix008662 for [email-masked]; Fri, 25 Jan 2008 06:20:11 -0600
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 06:20:11 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801250013
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

503
ATHW40 PHFO 251220
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI JAN 25 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 25 2008

A HIGHLY AMPLIFIED PATTERN ACROSS THE NORTH PACIFIC IS MAINTAINING
HIGH PRESSURE AT THE SURFACE AND ALOFT OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS...RESULTING IN A STABLE...TRADE-WIND WEATHER REGIME.

THE TRADE WIND FLOW IS FOCUSING BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER WINDWARD
PORTIONS OF THE ISLANDS...ALTHOUGH BROKEN LOW CLOUDS HAVE BEEN
UNUSUALLY PERSISTENT ACROSS THE SOUTH KONA SLOPES TONIGHT. A SMALL
AREA OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS DEVELOPED JUST EAST OF MAUI AND THE BIG
ISLAND DURING THE EVENING AND IS CURRENTLY MOVING ONTO WINDWARD
EXPOSURES OF THESE ISLANDS. LESSER CLOUD COVER IS FOUND ACROSS
MOLOKAI...OAHU...AND KAUAI AND THEIR ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS. LOW
CLOUD MOTIONS FROM AROUND THE STATE ARE FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST
AROUND 20 MPH.

THE EDGE OF A SHIELD OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS HAS ADVANCED OVER KAUAI
TONIGHT. THE MOVEMENT OF THESE CLOUDS HINTS AT THE AMPLIFIED PATTERN
OVER THE REGION THAT IS PRODUCING STABLE RIDGING NEAR THE MAIN
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AND TROUGHING TO THE WEST AND EAST. AN
EASTWARD-DRIFTING UPPER TROUGH JUST EAST OF MIDWAY ATOLL IS
SUPPORTING A SURFACE TROUGH ABOUT 700 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE
SURFACE TROUGH IS MARKED BY A 300 TO 400 MILE-WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST
LAYERED CLOUDS ALONG 30N 168W AND 19N 175W...WITH ISOLATED...
EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS RISING TO 39 KFT. BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS STREAM
FROM THIS AREA TO THE NORTHEAST...ROUND THE TOP OF A DIRTY UPPER
RIDGE ABOUT 325 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI...THEN HEAD SOUTHEASTWARD
TO KAUAI. ANOTHER...DEEPER UPPER TROUGH OCCUPIES MUCH OF THE
NORTHEAST PACIFIC EAST OF 155W AND IS SUPPORTING A GALE OFF CENTRAL
CALIFORNIA. A SHORT WAVE WITHIN THIS UPPER TROUGH IS ENHANCING A
BAND OF BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS 275 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS.
THE 125 MILE-WIDE BAND IS CENTERED ALONG 27N 158W...23N 150W...AND
20N 141W AND IS MOVING TO THE SOUTHWEST AROUND 15 MPH.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.