

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 17:05:30 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wa-out-1112.google.com (wa-out-1112.google.com [209.85.146.177])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m0C95RPA065475	for <[email-masked]>;
Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:05:28 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wa-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id j37so2349899waf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 01:05:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.237.20 with SMTP id k20mr2070800wfh.227.1200128726902; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 01:05:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs50528wfi; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 01:05:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.65.15.19 with SMTP id s19mr9152392qbi.17.1200128725175; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 01:05:25 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id m7si5372018roe.7.2008.01.12.01.05.22; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 01:05:25 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0BLnil1020758; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 03:05:01 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14394032 for [email-masked]; Sat,
12 Jan 2008 03:05:01 -0600
Received: from relay6.cso.uiuc.edu (relay6.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.12])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id m0C951Fl016669 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:05:01 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay6.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0C94s6J003203 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:05:00 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0C94sjV002842 for
<[email-masked]>; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:04:54 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m0C94sK5002841 for [email-masked]; Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:04:54 -0600
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:04:54 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=6 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=85 adultscore=71
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0708230000
definitions=main-0801120003
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__C230066_P2 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

101
WWPS21 NFFN 120900
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 12/0904 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08F [999HPA] WAS ANALYSED NEAR 15.3S 179.1W AT
120600UTC AND IS MOVING SLOWLY SOUTHEASTWARDS. POSITION POOR BASED ON
MTSAT EIR/IR IMAGERY WITH ANIMATION AND PERIPHERAL SURFACE
OBSERVATION. SST AROUND 29-30 DEGREE CELCIUS.
RECENT QUIKSCAT SHOWS FEW CYCLONIC CIRCULATIONS ALONG THE TROUGH BUT
A MORE DEFINED CENTRE NEAR 14.5S 178.0E, WHICH MAY MOST LIKELY BE THE
ORIGINAL CENTRE. HOWEVER, THE 0600UTC POSITION IS SUPPORTED BY
SURFACE REPORTS. CONVECTION REMAINS ACTIVE TO THE NORTH BUT IS STILL
DISORGANISED. CIMMS INDICATES THE SYSTEM LIES IN A MODERATELY SHEARED
ENVIRONMENT JUST SOUTH OF AN UPPER 250HPA RIDGE WITH UPPER LEVEL WEST
TO NORTHWESTERLIES STEERING IT SOUTHEASTWARD. WITH AN ACTIVE
CONVERGENCE ZONE TO THE NORTH AND A STRONG SURFACE RIDGE TO ITS
SOUTH, FURTHER DEVELOPMENT IS POSSIBLE. GLOBAL MODELS [UKGC,EC,GFS]
PREDICT 08F TO DEEPEN SLIGHTLY AND CONTINUE TO MOVE IT SOUTHEAST IN
THE NEXT 12-24 HOURS.

POTENTIAL FOR 08F TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT
24-48 HOURS IS LOW TO MODERATE.

NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN
THE AREA.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.