

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 20:09:32 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from wr-out-0506.google.com (wr-out-0506.google.com [64.233.184.226])
by mx1.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m18C9QPB093622	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 08 Feb 2008 20:09:29 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by wr-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id 70so3516680wra.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 04:09:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.89.9 with SMTP id m9mr6831911wfb.116.1202472565359; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 04:09:25 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.161.6 with SMTP id n6cs701076wfo; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 04:09:24 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.64.3.9 with SMTP id 9mr10458072qbc.0.1202472563996; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 04:09:23 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id q13si10994334qbq.8.2008.02.08.04.09.22; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 04:09:23 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m17JhP9R009237; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 06:08:22 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14749185 for [email-masked]; Fri,
08 Feb 2008 06:08:21 -0600
Received: from relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (relay8.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.111])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m18C8LOW016195 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 06:08:21 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay8.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m18C8EBs016710 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 06:08:20 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m18C8EKR008981 for
<[email-masked]>; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 06:08:14 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m18C8EBd008977 for [email-masked]; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 06:08:14 -0600
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 06:08:14 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=5 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0802080021
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_MEDIA_BODY 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0,
__LINES_OF_YELLING 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

058
ATHW40 PHFO 081208
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI FEB 08 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 08 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGES SHOWED A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE IN THE MIDDLE TO
UPPER ATMOSPHERE EXTENDING ABOUT 600 MILES BOTH NORTHEAST AND
SOUTHWEST FROM THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THIS FEATURE DRIFTED EAST
SLOWLY AS A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE STRENGTHENED TO THE WEST AND
TILTED SOUTHEAST GRADUALLY. A BAND OF THIN BUT THICKENING MIDDLE TO
HIGH LAYERED CLOUDS UP TO ABOUT 150 MILES WIDE EXTENDED ALONG THE
AXIS OF THE TROUGH FROM 16N 163W TO 20N 159W TO 23N 157W TO 27N 154W.

TO THE EAST OF THE ISLANDS...A BAND OF DENSE LAYERED CLOUDS MARKED A
PLUME OF ATMOSPHERIC MOISTURE EXTENDING NORTH FROM THE ITCZ WITHIN
ABOUT 300 MILES OF THE LINE FROM 13N 146W TO 24N 150W. LAYERED
MIDDLE TO HIGH CLOUDS OF VARYING THICKNESS EXTENDED NORTH AND EAST
FROM THIS FEATURE TO 30N AND 140W. SCATTEROMETER DATA SHOWED A
TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE NEAR SEA LEVEL EXTENDING UNDER THE LAYERED
CLOUDS FROM THE ITCZ TO ABOUT 19N.

TO THE NORTHWEST...A BAND OF LAYERED MIDDLE TO LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED
WITH A FRONT EXTENDED WITHIN 75 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 28N 179W TO
27N 171W TO 27N 167W TO 29N 162W TO 30N 161W AND FURTHER NORTHWEST
AND NORTHEAST. LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS ALSO ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT
APPEARED WITHIN 75 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 20N 165W TO 25N 163W TO
30N 157W AND FURTHER NORTHEAST. A FIELD OF FAIRLY UNIFORM
STRATOCUMULI PREVAILED TO THE NORTH OF THE LOWER CLOUD BAND.

TO THE SOUTH...LIGHT THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY CONTINUED IN THE ITCZ
BETWEEN ABOUT 12N AND 07N...MAINLY EAST OF 160W. DENSE LAYERED HIGH
TO MIDDLE CLOUDS FROM THIS AND EARLIER CONVECTION PARTLY TO MOSTLY
OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 07N 166W
TO 09N 153W TO 08N 142W...AND ALSO DRIFTED NORTH AS DESCRIBED IN
THE SECOND PARAGRAPH FROM THE TOP ABOVE.

OTHERWISE...CLOUD COVER ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS WAS LIMITED MAINLY TO
ISOLATED SMALL CUMULUS CLOUDS...THOUGH TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS AND
POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS STILL OCCURRED WITHIN 65 MILES OF THE POINT
16N 165W...AND NEAR THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE LESSER CUMULI
GENERALLY ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 6000 TO 9000 FEET...AND MOVED TOWARD
THE SOUTHWEST...WEST...OR NORTHWEST AT AROUND 20 MILES AN HOUR. THE
MORE DEVELOPED CLOUDS MOVED MORE SLOWLY...AND VARIED IN HEIGHT
CONSIDERABLY...WITH THE TALLER ONES APPROACHING 35000 FEET.

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...CLOUD COVER CONSISTED MOSTLY OF
CUMULI...TOWERING CUMULI...AND POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS WITH THEIR
LAYERED DEBRIS CLOUDS AT VARIOUS HEIGHTS. THE HEAVIEST RECENT
ACTIVITY WAS LOCATED MAINLY ALONG THE NORTHEAST COAST OF THE BIG
ISLAND...ESPECIALLY NEAR CAPE KUMUKAHI...AND MOST ISLANDS WERE
OBSCURED AT LEAST IN PART BY DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM EARLIER ACTIVITY.
HOWEVER...OVERALL AREAL COVERAGE OF THE CLOUDS HAD DIMINISHED
OVERNIGHT.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.