

by ms1.ust.hk (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-3.03 (built Jun 27 2005))
with ESMTPS id <[email-masked]> for [email-masked]; Fri,
01 Feb 2008 08:24:49 +0800 (HKT)
Received: from el-out-1112.google.com (el-out-1112.google.com [209.85.162.178])
by mx2.ust.hk (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id m110OlJG056539	for <[email-masked]>;
Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:24:48 +0800 (HKT)
Received: by el-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id r23so405895elf.7 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:24:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.226.2 with SMTP id y2mr1773241wfg.64.1201825485949; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 16:24:45 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.143.17.19 with SMTP id u19cs110848wfi; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 16:24:45 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.7.1 with SMTP id 1mr5841470ang.81.1201825482143; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 16:24:42 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id n26si5044202ele.7.2008.01.31.16.24.39; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 16:24:42 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.113])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m0VGE4FC009237; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 18:24:00 -0600 (CST)
Received: by LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 14.5)
with spool id 14626112 for [email-masked]; Thu,
31 Jan 2008 18:24:00 -0600
Received: from relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (relay03.cites.uiuc.edu [128.174.4.69])
by vacuum.cso.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m110NxnG004678 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:23:59 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [131.156.8.48])
by relay03.cites.uiuc.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m110NrU7021818 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:23:59 -0600 (CST)
Received: from weather3.admin.niu.edu (weather3.admin.niu.edu [127.0.0.1])
by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2) with ESMTP id m110NrlR026639 for
<[email-masked]>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:23:53 -0600
Received: (from ldm@localhost) by weather3.admin.niu.edu (8.14.2/8.14.2/Submit)
id m110Nrav026638 for [email-masked]; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:23:53 -0600
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:23:53 -0600
From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message
Sender: WX-TROPL Tropical Storm and Hurricane WX products
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender) client-ip=128.174.5.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of
[email-masked] designates 128.174.5.113 as permitted sender)
smtp.mail=[email-masked]
spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=3 adultscore=0
classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=3.1.0-0801230000
definitions=main-0801310071
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]
__CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HELO_GMAIL 0, __LINES_OF_YELLING 0,
__MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __RDNS_GMAIL 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'

730
ATHW40 PHFO 010023
SIMHI

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI FEB 1 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC FEBRUARY 1 2008

A FRESH TRADE WIND FLOW IS FOCUSING CLOUDS OVER WINDWARD PORTIONS OF
THE STATE THIS AFTERNOON...WHILE AN OVERLYING UPPER LEVEL LOW AND
TROUGH ARE ENHANCING LOW CLOUDS OVER THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI.

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH MEANDERS ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC FROM 12N
180...TO 18N 170W...OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS TO AN UPPER LOW
375 MILES NORTHEAST OF HILO AT 24N 151W...TO 30N 146W. THE NEARLY
STATIONARY UPPER LOW IS GENERATING UNSTABLE CONDITIONS OVER THE BIG
ISLAND...MAUI...AND WATERS TO THE EAST. AS A RESULT...A LINE OF
BROKEN TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS OVER WINDWARD BIG ISLAND RISES TO 27
KFT...DOWN SLIGHTLY FROM 32 KFT THIS MORNING. BROKEN CUMULUS AND
TOWERING CUMULUS HAVE ALSO DEVELOPED OVER LEEWARD BIG ISLAND AND THE
KAU DISTRICT OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS. TOWERING CUMULUS CELLS
ROSE TO 20 KFT OVER MAUI A COUPLE OF HOURS AGO BUT HAVE SINCE
DISSIPATED...LEAVING THE GREATEST CONCENTRATION OF LOW CLOUDS OVER
WINDWARD SLOPES.

TO THE WEST OF THE UPPER TROUGH AXIS...THE ATMOSPHERE BECOMES
INCREASINGLY STABLE OVER MOLOKAI...OAHU...AND KAUAI. BROKEN CUMULUS
CLOUDS RISING TO 10 KFT ARE LARGELY CONFINED TO WINDWARD AREAS...
ALTHOUGH BROKEN LOW CLOUDS PERIODICALLY DRIFT OVER LEEWARD
SECTIONS. A LOOSELY ORGANIZED BAND OF SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN
CUMULUS CLOUDS IS SKIRTING JUST NORTH OF THE ISLANDS...WITH CLOUD
MOTIONS FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST 25 TO 30 MPH.

THE UPPER LOW IS PRODUCING THE GREATEST INSTABILITY TO ITS EAST AND
SOUTHEAST. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS RISE TO 35 KFT ABOUT 250 MILES
EAST NORTHEAST OF HILO...WITH ANOTHER AREA OF POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS
600 MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF HILO. THE UPPER LOW AND TROUGH ARE ALSO
GENERATING SHIELDS OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS SOUTH AND EAST OF THE
STATE. BROKEN CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE FOUND SOUTH OF 16N BETWEEN 172W AND
154W AND ACROSS MOST WATERS EAST OF 152W...ABOUT 150 MILES EAST OF
THE BIG ISLAND.

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.