Subject: Pacific-NW: Marine Warning -170355 (AUTOMATIC)

From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 03:55:21 -0500

ZCZC DD+ 89352
WTPN31 PGTW 170900
1. TROPICAL DEPRESSION 30W (ABEL) WARNING NR 021
   03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN NORTHWESTPAC
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   170600Z4 --- 14.0N5 110.1E3
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 295 DEGREES AT 02 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 14.0N5 110.1E3
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   171800Z7 --- 14.3N8 109.3E3
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 270 DEG/ 05 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   180600Z5 --- 14.3N8 108.3E2
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
170900Z7 POSITION 14.1N6  109.9E9
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 30W (ABEL) IS TRACKING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD
TOWARDS THE COAST OF VIETNAM. TD 30W IS AN EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION WITH SCATTERED CONVECTION TO THE WEST OF THE
CENTER. TD 30W IS EXPECTED TO DISSIPATE AS IT MAKES LANDFALL
OVER VIETNAM. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE
JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).  THE
SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.
MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 1706000Z4 IS 09 FEET. REFER
TO WWPW30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. REFER TO
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 31W WARNINGS (WTPN32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-
HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TYPHOON BETH (32W) WARNINGS (WTPN33
PGTW) FOR SIX-HOURLY UPDATES.//

NNNN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.