Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Weather Summery -070140 (AUTOMATIC)

From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 01:40:43 -0500

ZCZC DD+ 48761
ABPW10 PGTW 070600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
PACIFIC OCEAN/070600Z/080600Z AUG 96//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/070151Z AUG 96//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/070155Z AUG 96//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 070000Z7 TROPICAL STORM KIRK (13W) WAS LOCATED AT
25.7N4 133.3E0, SOUTHEASTWARD AT 07 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 60 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 75 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(TROPICAL STORM KIRK (13W) WARNING NR 14 (WTPN31 PGTW 070300))
AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 070000Z7 TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14W (LISA) WAS LOCATED
AT 24.9N5 117.6E5, MOVING NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT 09 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF B (TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14W (LISA)
WARNING NR 08 (WTPN33 PGTW 070300)) FOR THE FINAL WARNING.
      (3)  NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1)  THE LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
NEAR 25N7 155E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 24N6 155E1. VISIBLE

NNNN