Subject: Pacific-SW: Technical Discussion (Automatic)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 20:08:14 -0600

593
WHPS21 PHNC 042300
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 042300Z DEC 96//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
200 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 17.9S7 172.4W4 TO 23.4S9
173.1W2 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS.
METSAT IMAGERY AT 041941Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 18.8S7 172.3W3. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING SOUTH AT
11 KNOTS. THE NEXT SATELLITE INVESTIGATION IS SCHEDULED FOR
050400Z.
2. REMARKS: METSAT INDICATED SIGNIFICANT DVLPMNT HAS OCCURRED
PAST 12 HRS, MOST NOTABLY PAST 4 HRS.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 052300Z9.//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUHPSGG87583392338

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.