Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Weather Summery -050008 (AUTOMATIC)

From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 1996 00:08:09 -0500

ZCZC DD+ 77670
ABPW10 PGTW 050600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
PACIFIC OCEAN/050600Z/060600Z AUG 96//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/042003Z AUG 96//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/050151Z AUG 96//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/050425Z AUG 96//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
        (1) AT 041800Z3 TROPICAL STORM JOY (12W) WAS LOCATED AT
34.5N2 154.6E6, MOVING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL STORM JOY (12W)
WARNING NR 27 (WTPN32 PGTW 042100)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 050000Z5 TROPICAL DEPRESSION 13W WAS LOCATED AT
26.8N6 130.6E0, MOVING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF B (TROPICAL CYCLONE 13W WARNING
NR 06 (WTPN31 PGTW 050300)) AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
       (3)  NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
       (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13N4
111E3  IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18N9 114E6 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. SEE REF C (TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION  ALERT (WTPN23 PGTW 050430)) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
       (2)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 24N6
178E6 HAS MOVED INTO THE NORTH CENTRAL PACIFIC OCEAN AND IS
NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
       (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2.  WESTERN SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (180 WEST TO 135E):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: DUARTE/HAM/UROGI/HONG//
BT
#7862

NNNN