Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Weather Summery -110038 (AUTOMATIC)

From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 00:38:57 -0500

ZCZC DD+ 82712
ABPW10 PGTW 110600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
PACIFIC OCEAN/110600Z/120600Z AUG 96//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/110151Z AUG 96//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 110000Z2 TYPHOON KIRK (13W) WAS LOCATED AT 24.2N8
130.3E7 AND MOVING NORTHWARD AT 01 KNOT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 85 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 105 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (TYPHOON KIRK (13W) WARNING NR 30 (WTPN31 PGTW 110300))
AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2)  NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 158E4
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10N1 152E8. SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES AN AREA
OF PERSISTENT CONVECTION NEAR A BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION AS
INDICATED BY SYNOPTIC DATA. CONVECTIVE ORGANIZATION REMAINS POOR.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS POOR.
      (2) THE LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
NEAR 30N3 146E1 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
      (3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 27N9 162E9
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 24N6 169E6. SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
INCREASED CONVECTION AND SLIGHT SYSTEM ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST
24 HOURS. UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IS FAIR TO THE EAST, PO0R OTHERWISE.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS POOR.
      (4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2.  WESTERN SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (180 WEST TO 135E):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: TREHUBENKO/NICKLAS/MEST/BOGLE//

NNNN