Subject: Pacific-NW: Formation Alert -132135 (AUTOMATIC)

From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 21:35:18 -0500

ZCZC DD+ 46809
WTPN21 PGTW 140100
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 140100Z AUG 96//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
045 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 19.5N5 113.1W6 TO 20.1N3
115.6W3 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
METSAT IMAGERY AT 132315Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 19.5N5 113.0W5.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-
NORTHWESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS.  THE NEXT SATELLITE INVESTIGATION IS
SCHEDULED FOR 140300Z8.
2. REMARKS:
METSAT DATA WITHIN LAST EIGHTEEN HOURS INDICATES A WELL-DEFINED
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER 250 NM SOUTHWEST OF BAJA PENINSULA.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 150100Z7. NPMOC PEARL HARBOR SENDS.//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RHHMSGG93982270232

NNNN