Subject: Pacific-NW: Formation Alert -061740 (AUTOMATIC)

From: Charley Kline <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996 17:40:38 -0600

ZCZC DD+ 59242
WTPN21 PGTW 061700
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 062300Z NOV 96//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 11.0N3 104.0W6 TO 13.0N
110.0W4 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
METSAT IMAGERY AT 061200Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 12.0N3 107.0W8.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-
NORTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS.  THE NEXT SATELLITE INVESTIGATION IS
SCHEDULED FOR 071200Z0.
2. REMARKS:
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 072300Z.//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUHPSGG85253112346

NNNN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.