Subject: Indian-N: 01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northio

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 08:36:25 -0600

287
WTIO31 PGTW 091500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A WARNING NR 006
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   091200Z2 --- 13.4N8 51.0E6
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 335 DEGREES AT 08 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY A COMBINATION OF
     SATELLITE AND SYNOPTIC DATA
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 13.4N8 51.0E6
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   100000Z1 --- 15.0N6 50.7E2
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
091500Z5 POSITION 13.8N2   50.9E4
LATEST SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SURROUNDING SYNOPTIC DATA
INDICATE THAT TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A HAS MOVED SLOWLY TO THE
NORTH-NORTHWEST OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS WHILE SLOWLY
WEAKENING DUE TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. SYNOPTIC
DATA REPORTS INDICATE THAT THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION IS
LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 100 NM TO THE SOUTHEAST OF RIYAN,
YEMEN (WMO 41443). THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TO
WEAKEN AND TO DISSIPATE WITHIN THE NEXT 12 HOURS AS IT
ENCOUNTERS THE ARABIAN PENINSULA. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 091200Z IS 12 FEET. REFER TO WWIO 31 PGFW FOR
ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT
092100Z2 (DTG 091955Z9).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.