Subject: Pacific-NC: National Weather Service Honolulu Hi [121500]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 09:41:54 -0500

435
WTPA41 PHNL 121500
TROPICAL DEPRESSION DOLORES DISCUSSION NUMBER 28
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST SAT JUL 12 1997

ALTHO NO CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH DOLORES WILL MAINTAIN 30
KNOT MAX SPEED AS LOWER CLOUD FIELD CONTINUES TO SHOW GOOD
ROTATION WHOSE NORTHWARD GRADIENT COULD EASILY BE TIGHTENED BY THE
NORTHEAST PAC HIGH. EMBEDDED IN BROAD TRADE BELT DOLORES SHOULD
MAINTAIN AN ESSENTIALLY EXTRAPOLATIVE TRACK. WE WILL CONTINUE
CURRENT 14 KNOT MOVEMENT AND SLOW IT SLIGHTLY DURING THE THE LAST
TWO PERIODS AS THE THE DEPRESSION PASSES NORTH OF HAWAII AND SOUTH
OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGES WEAKEST POINT. GRADUAL WEAKENING TREND
STILL SUPPORTED BY ITS PATH ACROSS UNFAVORABLE 25 DEGREE WATER.
MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     12/1500Z 22.9N 144.8W    30 KTS
12HR VT     13/0000Z 23.5N 146.9W    30 KTS
24HR VT     13/1200Z 24.4N 149.7W    30 KTS
36HR VT     14/0000Z 25.2N 152.5W    25 KTS
48HR VT     14/1200Z 25.8N 155.1W    25 KTS
72HR VT     15/1200Z 26.3N 160.1W    25 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.