Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression One-c Discussion Number 3 [271500]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 09:36:28 -0500

378
WTPA43 PHNL 271500
TROPICAL DEPRESSION ONE-C DISCUSSION NUMBER 3
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST SUN JUL 27 1997

THE DEEP CONVECTION HAS DISAPPEARED AT LEAST FOR THE TIME BEING AS
THE EFFECTS OF AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDED AS FAR SOUTH AS TO
THE LOCATION OF ONE-C.   A LOW LEVEL CLOUD ROTATION CENTER HAS
COME INTO VIEW NEAR 9.6N 167.3W AND THE 12Z FIX RELOCATES THE
CENTER JUST NORTH OF THERE BUT SOUTH OF THE SAB FIX NEAR 10.6N
167.3W.  IN ANY EVENT THE SYSTEM LOOKS RAGGED BUT COULD COME BACK
TO LIFE AS THE UPPER TROUGH SWINGS EAST AND A WEAK UPPER
ANTICYCLONE MOVES OVER THE CIRCULATION. THE NEW FORECAST TRACK IS
MORE WESTERLY WITH INCREASES IN INTENSITY SLOWED SOMEWHAT.
ROSENDAL

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     27/1500Z 10.0N 167.4W    25 KTS
12HR VT     28/0000Z 10.2N 168.6W    25 KTS
24HR VT     28/1200Z 10.4N 170.3W    25 KTS
36HR VT     29/0000Z 10.5N 172.2W    30 KTS
48HR VT     29/1200Z 10.7N 174.3W    30 KTS
72HR VT     30/1200Z 11.1N 178.0W    40 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.