Subject: Indian-N: 01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northio

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 15:17:36 -0600

631
WTIO31 PGTW 092100
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A WARNING NR 007 RELOCATED
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:

PAGE 02 RUHGSGG9288 UNCLAS
   091800Z8 --- 11.1N3 51.2E8
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 255 DEGREES AT 07 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY A COMBINATION OF
SATELLITE AND SYNOPTIC DATA
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 11.1N3 51.2E8
REMARKS:
A RECENT 090703Z9 ERS2 SCATTEROMETER PASS OVER THE GULF
OF ADEN INDICATES THAT PREDOMINATELY NORTHEASTERLY WINDS
EXIST UNDER THE CONVECTIVE AREA THAT WAS FORMERLY
TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A. THIS IS IN AGREEMENT WITH NUMEROUS
SHIP REPORTS THAT WE HAVE RECEIVED DURING THE PAST 6
HOURS AND FROM SYNOPTIC REPORTS FROM SOCOTRA ISLAND (WMO
41494). IT NOW APPEARS THAT THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION DID
NOT MAKE IT OVER THE NORTHEASTERN COAST OF SOMALIA.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A HAS DISSIPATED OVER LAND AS A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE

PAGE 03 RUHGSGG9288 UNCLAS
HEIGHT AT 091800Z8 IS 09 FEET. REFER TO WWIO31 PGFW FOR
ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING
CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE SYSTEM WILL BE
CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//
BT
#9288

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.