Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:56:31 +1900

625
ABPA20 PHNL 212200
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210 PM HST THU AUG 21 1997

A WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 08N172W...1200 MILES SOUTHWEST OF
HAWAII...HAS AN AREA OF PERSISTENT BUT ILL-ORGANIZED THUNDERSTORM
ACTIVITY.  THE CENTER OF CIRCULATION IS MOVING WEST AT ABOUT 10
MILES AN HOUR AND IS NOT EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY.

OTHERWISE...NO TROPICAL CYCLONES ARE EXPECTED IN THE CENTRAL NORTH
PACIFIC THROUGH FRIDAY.

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.