Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Forecast/advisory Number 59

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 03:31:42 +1900

704
WTPA24 PHNL 140900
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER 59
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI   EP0997
0900Z THU AUG 14 1997

...GUILLERMO CONTINUES TO MOVE NORTHWEST OVER THE OPEN OCEAN FAR
   NORTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...

TROPICAL STORM CENTER LOCATED NEAR 34.0N 155.3W AT 14/0900Z.
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 45 NM. PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE
NORTHWEST OR 325 DEGREES AT 8 KT. ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL
PRESSURE 1000 MB. MAX SUSTAINED WINDS 50 KT WITH GUSTS TO 60 KT.
50 KT....... 25NE  25SE  20SW  25NW.
34 KT.......175NE 100SE  50SW 150NW.
12 FT SEAS..175NE 100SE  50SW 150NW.
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES.

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR 34.0N 155.3W AT 14/0900Z.
AT 14/0600Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR 33.7N 155.0W.

FORECAST VALID 14/1800Z 35.0N 156.1W
MAX WIND  45 KT...GUSTS  55 KT
34 KT...175NE 100SE  50SW 150NW

FORECAST VALID 15/0600Z 36.6N 157.2W
MAX WIND  40 KT...GUSTS  50 KT
34 KT...150NE  75SE  25SW 100NW

FORECAST VALID 15/1800Z 38.0N 158.0W...BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT
34 KT...100NE  25SE   0SW  50NW

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 34N 155W.

EXTENDED OUTLOOK...USE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY...ERRORS MAY BE LARGE.

OUTLOOK VALID 16/0600Z 39.4N 158.6W...EXTRATROPICAL.
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT

OUTLOOK VALID 17/0600Z 42.1N 159.0W...EXTRATROPICAL.

NEXT ADVISORY AT 14/1500Z

ROSENDAL CPHC HNL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.