Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Discussion Number 50

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 21:26:52 -0500

885
WTPA44 PHNL 120300
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER 50
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST MON AUG 11 1997

GUILLERMO EVIDENTLY SLIGHTLY STRONGER THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT AS
TWO RELIABLE SHIP OBSERVATIONS INDICATE WINDS OF AT LEAST 35 KT
IN ITS VICINITY.  GUILLERMO IS NOW BEING CARRIED AS A TROPICAL
STORM AND HAS MADE A TURN TOWARD A MORE WEST-NORTHWESTERLY
DIRECTION. GUILLERMO IS STILL EXPECTED TO MAINTAIN A MORE WESTERLY
COURSE AND GRADUALLY WEAKEN.  GUIDANCE IS IN GENERAL AGREEMENT NOW
AND HAVE FOLLOWED ITS CONSENSUS MOVING TOWARD THE AVN AS THE STORM
WEAKENS. FARRELL.

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     12/0300Z 29.6N 145.8W    35 KTS
12HR VT     12/1200Z 30.5N 147.1W    35 KTS
24HR VT     13/0000Z 31.5N 149.2W    30 KTS
36HR VT     13/1200Z 32.9N 151.8W    30 KTS
48HR VT     14/0000Z 34.4N 155.5W    30 KTS
72HR VT     15/0000Z 37.1N 163.1W    25 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.