Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 5

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:16:15 -0600

027
WTPA31 PHNL 031500
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER   5
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST WED DEC 03 1997

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  8.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE 167.8 WEST
OR ABOUT 1100 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AT 6 MPH... 9 KM/HR...AND
THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THE NEXT 12 HOURS FOLLOWED BY
A MORE WESTWARD MOTION THEREAFTER.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  50 MPH... 85 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  SOME STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES
...110 KM FROM THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS  996 MB...29.41 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION... 8.5 N...167.8 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHWEST AT 6 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 50 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 996 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 AM HST.

LARSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.