Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Five Advisory Number 3

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:23:56 -0600

645
WTPA31 PHNL 030300
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM FIVE ADVISORY NUMBER  3
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST TUE DEC 02 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA GAINS STRENGTH FAR TO THE SOUTHWEST OF THE

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...

AT 5 PM HST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  7.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE 167.4 WEST
OR ABOUT 1100 MILES SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST AT 3 MPH AND THIS MOTION
IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT DAY OR TWO.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 50 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  SOME
STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 60 MILES FROM THE
CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1005 MB...29.68 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 PM HST POSITION... 7.5 N...167.4 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 3 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 50 MPH.

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 1005 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE
CENTER AT 11 PM HST.

ROSENDAL CPHC PHNL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.