Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Discussion Number 61

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 15:32:55 +1900

937
WTPA44 PHNL 142100
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER 61
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST THU AUG 14 1997

GUILLERMO HAS LOST ITS DEEP CONVECTION AND IS STEADILY WEAKENING
AS IT ACCELERATES NORTHWESTWARD OVER COLDER WATER. THE TRACK
REMAINS LITTLE CHANGED AND IS IN CLOSE AGREEMENT WITH THE GFDL
MODEL DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS. GUILLERMO IS EXPECTED TO RAPIDLY
TRANSITION TO AN EXTRATROPICAL LOW. LARSON

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL   14/2100Z 36.3N 157.9W    40 KTS
12HR VT   15/0600Z 38.2N 159.4W    35 KTS...BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
24HR VT   15/1800Z 41.7N 160.7W    30 KTS...EXTRATROPICAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.