Subject: Pacific-NC: Corrected Tropical Weather Outlook [302200]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:32:55 -0500

643
ABPA20 PHNL 302200 COR
CORRECTED TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210PM HST WEDNESDAY JULY 30 1997

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE LOCATED NEAR 18N158W...230 MILES SOUTH OF
HONOLULU...IS HEADED NORTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 MILES AN HOUR.  THE
CIRCULATION CENTER TOOK A TURN TO THE NORTH OVERNIGHT AND MOVED
BENEATH AN AREA OF PERSISTENT THUNDERSTORMS WHICH HAD FLANKED IT
ALONG THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT.  THE CIRCULATION CENTER HAS CHANGED
DIRECTION AGAIN AND RE-EMERGED FROM BENEATH THE CLOUD COVER WITHIN
THE PAST HOUR OR SO...SHOWING THAT STRONG WINDS ALOFT HAMPER THE
WESTWARD MOVEMENT OF THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY BUT ALLOW THE SURFACE
CIRCULATION CENTER TO MOVE UNIMPEDED.  THIS DISTURBANCE IS MOVING
INTO AN AREA OF INCREASING WIND SHEAR...WHICH SHOULD BEGIN TO RIP
THE SYSTEM APART.  THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP WITH
THIS SYSTEM AND THREATEN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BUT THE
PROBABILITY OF DEVELOPMENT OF THIS SYSTEM INTO A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POOR.

ELSEWHERE...A WEAK CIRCULATION IS NOTED NEAR 07N146W...900 MILES
SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY AROUND THE
CIRCULATION CENTER IS ISOLATED BUT HAS INCREASED OVER THE PAST 12
HOURS.  THE CIRCULATION CENTER IS MOVING WEST AT ABOUT 10 MPH.

BOTH SYSTEMS WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF DEVELOPMENT.

CORRECTED FOR LOCATION OF SECOND WEAK CIRCULATION IN PARAGRAPH 2.

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.