Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 14

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:31:16 -0600

105
WTPA31 PHNL 052100
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER  14
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST FRI DEC 05 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA WEAKENING...

AT 11 AM HST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA WAS
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  9.8 NORTH...LONGITUDE 174.0 WEST OR
ABOUT 1300 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 8 MPH AND THIS MOTION IS
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE ANOTHER 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  50 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
SOME WEAKENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES FROM
THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1000 MB...29.53 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 AM HST POSITION... 9.8 N...174.0 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NEAR  8 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 50 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1000 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 PM HST.

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.