Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/tropical Cyclone Formation Alert 282030z Oct 97//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 17:27:11 -0600

757
WTPN21 PGTW 282030
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 282030Z OCT 97//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE
WITHIN 040 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 11.9N1 156.8W0 TO
11.6N8 160.4W1 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE
DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE
WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE
20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 281930Z INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 11.6N8 158.5W9.  THE
SYSTEM IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 03 KNOTS.  THE NEXT SATELLITE
INVESTIGATION IS SCHEDULED FOR 290130Z0.
2. REMARKS: SYSTEM HAS BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST
24 HOURS. SYSTEM CONTINUES TO DEVELOP SLOWLY AND TRACK TO
THE WEST. LATEST FIXES BY AIR FORCE WEATHER AGENCY AND CPHC
BOTH INDICATE AN INCREASE OF 0.5 CI (DVORAK CURRENT
INTENSITY) TO T1.5.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 292030Z6.//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUHPSGG76013012133

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.