Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Guillermo Discussion Number 40

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 09:30:02 -0500

449
WTPZ44 KNHC 091428
TCDEP4
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER  40
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
8 AM PDT SAT AUG 09 1997

ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS INTERMITTENT DEEP
CONVECTION NEAR THE CENTER OF GUILLERMO.  GRADUAL WEAKENING IS
FORECAST AND GUILLERMO WILL LIKELY DISSIPATE IN 36 HOURS OR SO.

THE STORM IS MOVING TOWARD 310/08 KT AND NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGE
IN TRACK IS INDICATED DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO.

JARVINEN

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     09/1500Z 21.5N 139.5W    45 KTS
12HR VT     10/0000Z 22.2N 140.4W    40 KTS
24HR VT     10/1200Z 23.3N 141.8W    35 KTS
36HR VT     11/0000Z 24.2N 143.0W    25 KTS...DISSIPATING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.