Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Depression Nine-e Discussion Number 1 [302023]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:25:03 -0500

313
WTPZ44 KNHC 302023
TCDEP4
TROPICAL DEPRESSION NINE-E DISCUSSION NUMBER   1
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
2 PM PDT WED JUL 30 1997

THERE IS A BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION AND LARGE BANDING FEATURES
ASSOCIATED WITH THE NEW DEPRESSION BUT CONVECTION IS MINIMAL NEAR
THE CENTER. UPPER-LEVEL PATTERN IS NOT IDEAL FOR DEVELOPMENT BUT
THERE IS ENOUGH DIFLUENCE AND WARM WATERS TO ALLOW STRENGTHENING.

BEST ESTIMATE OF THE INITIAL MOTION IS 280/08. TRACK MODELS ARE ALL
IN GOOD AGREEMENT THAT THIS GENERAL MOTION SHOULD CONTINUE THROUGH
72 HOURS AND SO DOES THE OFFICIAL FORECAST.

AVILA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     30/2100Z 11.3N  96.3W    30 KTS
12HR VT     31/0600Z 11.5N  97.5W    35 KTS
24HR VT     31/1800Z 12.0N  99.5W    40 KTS
36HR VT     01/0600Z 13.0N 101.5W    50 KTS
48HR VT     01/1800Z 13.5N 104.0W    60 KTS
72HR VT     02/1800Z 15.0N 109.0W    70 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.