Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Four-c Advisory Number 1

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 02:44:29 -0600

365
WTPA34 PHNL 310900
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C ADVISORY NUMBER   1
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST THU OCT 30 1997

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C FORMS IN THE CENTRAL PACIFIC...

AT 11 PM HST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 12.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE 168.3 WEST
OR ABOUT 300 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF JOHNSTON ISLAND AND 870
MILES SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI.

THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING AWAY FROM THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS TOWARD THE
WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 13 MPH...20 KM/HR...AND THIS MOTION IS
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 35 MPH... 55 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS. SOME STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1012 MB...29.88 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 PM HST POSITION...12.5 N...168.3 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 13 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...
35 MPH. MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1012 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 AM HST...FRIDAY.

HABLUTZEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.