Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 19:54:35 -0600

693
ABPA20 PHNL 310200
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
400 PM HST THU OCT 30 1997

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ABOUT 860 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU NEAR
12.0N 166.7W IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 10 MILES AN HOUR.  THE
SYSTEM SHOWS SOME SIGNS OF STRENGTHENING AS THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY
HAS BEGUN TO INCREASE AND BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED.  SATELLITE
ANALYSIS SHOWS SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR 30 KNOTS OR 34 MILES AN HOUR.
WE WILL WATCH THIS SYSTEM FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.

OTHERWISE...NO TROPICAL CYCLONES ARE EXPECTED IN THE CENTRAL NORTH
PACIFIC IN THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.