Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 02:38:05 -0600

599
ABPA20 PHNL 250800
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
10 PM HST MONDAY NOVEMBER 24 1997

A DISTURBANCE IN THE EAST PACIFIC ABOUT 1380 MILES EAST SOUTHEAST
OF HILO HAS BECOME BETTER DEVELOPED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.
THUNDERSTORMS NEAR THE SYSTEM HAVE INCREASED. THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN
MOVING SLOWER OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS SO IT HAS NOT YET MOVED INTO
THE CENTRAL PACIFIC. THE DISTURBANCE IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC WITHIN 24 HOURS AND HAS SOME POTENTIAL TO DEVELOP
INTO A TROPICAL DEPRSSION.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING NOW. IF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES OCCUR BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1...THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WE WILL START
ISSUING BULLETINS.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.