Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 17

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 09:06:50 -0600

134
WTPA31 PHNL 061500
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER 17
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST SAT DEC 6 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA ABOUT TO CROSS THE DATELINE AND LEAVE THE
   CENTRAL PACIFIC AREA...

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  9.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 179.7 WEST
OR ABOUT 1600 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 16 MPH AND THIS MOTION IS
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 40 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
LITTLE CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES FROM THE
CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1000MB OR 29.53 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION...9.0N 179.7W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 16 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 40 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 1000MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY JTWC GUAM AT 11 AM HST.

MATSUDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.