Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:06:55 -0600

981
ABPA20 PHNL 261400
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
4 AM HST WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 25 1997

A WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ABOUT 1000 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HILO...
NEAR 10N 143W...IS MOVING WEST AT 12 MPH. CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY
NORTH AND NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER IS NOW DECREASING AFTER
INCREASING EARLIER. THE DISTURBANCE IS NOT EXPECTED TO DEVELOP
INTO A TROPICAL DEPRESSION. WE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR IT FOR ANY
SIGNS OF STRENGTHENING.

NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES ARE EXPECTED IN THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
AREA FOR 48 HOURS.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING NOW. IF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES OCCUR BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1...THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL START ISSUING
BULLETINS.

KEARNS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.