Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 6

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:09:44 -0600

216
WTPA31 PHNL 032100
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER 6
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST WED DEC 03 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA IS FARAWAY FROM HAWAII AND IS NOT A
THREAT...

AT 11 AM HST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  8.6 NORTH...LONGITUDE 169.1 WEST
OR ABOUT 1100 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 13 MPH
AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 50 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  LITTLE
CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 115 MILES FROM THE
CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 996MB OR 29.41 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 AM HST POSITION 8.6N 169.1W.  MOVEMENT TOWARD
WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 13 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 50 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 996MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 PM HST.

MATSUDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.