Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Rick Intermediate Advisory Number 12a

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 05:50:32 -0600

346
WTPZ34 KNHC 101152
TCPEP4
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM RICK INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER  12A
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
4 AM PST MON NOV 10 1997

...RICK MOVING INLAND...WEAKENING...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM PUNTA MALDONADO TO
TAPACHULA.

AT 4 AM PST...1200Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM RICK WAS LOCATED
NEAR LATITUDE 16.3 NORTH...LONGITUDE  94.5 WEST OR APPROXIMATELY 95
MILES...150 KM... WEST-SOUTHWEST OF TUXTLA GUTIERREZ MEXICO.

RICK IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST NORTHEAST NEAR 15 MPH ...24 KM/HR...
AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  60 MPH...100 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  WEAKENING IS FORECAST AS THE SYSTEM MOVES INLAND.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 115 MILES
...185 KM MAINLY TO THE SOUTH AND EAST OF THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS  994 MB...29.35 INCHES.

HEAVY RAINS...5 TO 10 INCHES...ARE EXPECTED TO SPREAD EAST-
NORTHEASTWARD ALONG THE PATH OF THE STORM.  THESE RAINS COULD
CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS AND MUD SLIDES.

STORM SURGE FLOODING OF 2 TO 3 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE LEVELS
OCCURRING TO THE EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL STORM WILL
DIMINISH LATER TODAY.

REPEATING THE 4 AM PST POSITION...16.3 N... 94.5 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...EAST NORTHEAST NEAR 15 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 60 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 994 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER AT
7 AM PST.

JARVINEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.