Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Test Discussion Number 48

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:34:02 -0500

546
WTPA44 PHNL 111500
TROPICAL DEPRESSION TEST DISCUSSION NUMBER 48
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST MON AUG 11 1997

...THIS IS ONLY A TEST...PLEASE DISREGARD...

NO CHANGE TO PREVIOUS THINKING...GUILLERMO STILL EXPECTED TO TURN
MORE WESTERLY WHEN IT LOSES SOME OF ITS CONVECTIVE BONNET. INITIAL
PROJECTED PATH ALIGNED ALONG BAMS WITH A LEAN TOWARD BAMM.
THEREAFTER A GRADUALIZED SHIFT TOWARD THE AVIATION MODELS MORE
WESTERLY TRACK. WE CONTINUE TO BE CONSERVATIVE IN GUILLERMOS
DEMISE WITH FIRMING PRESSURES TO GUILLERMOS NORTH MAINTAINING
A 30 KNOT GRADIENT...SHIP WITHIN 150 MILES OF DEPRESSION HAS
REPORTED 30 KNOTS.  MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     11/1500Z 28.0N 143.7W    30 KTS
12HR VT     12/0000Z 29.0N 144.8W    30 KTS
24HR VT     12/1200Z 29.9N 146.9W    30 KTS
36HR VT     13/0000Z 30.5N 149.3W    30 KTS...DISSIPATING
48HR VT     13/1200Z 31.0N 152.0W    25 KTS...DISSIPATING
72HR VT     14/1200Z 31.9N 158.1W    20 KTS...DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.