Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Guillermo Advisory Number 48

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:56:50 -0500

875
WTPA34 PHNL 111500
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER 48
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST MON AUG 11 1997

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION GUILLERMO CONTINUES ON ITS NORTHWEST PATH
   AND DOES NOT THREATEN HAWAII...

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 28.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 143.7 WEST
OR ABOUT 1000 MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU.

THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST NEAR 12 MPH AND IS
EXPECTED TO TURN MORE WESTERLY AS WELL AS SPEED UP IN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 35 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS. LITTLE
CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1004MB...29.74 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION...28.0N 143.7W. MOVEMENT IS TOWARD
THE NORTHWEST NEAR 12 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 35 MPH. MINIMUM
CENTRAL PRESSURE 1007MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 AM HST.

MATSUDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.