Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Discussion Number 63

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 02:42:17 +1900

365
WTPA44 PHNL 150900
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER 63
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST THU AUG 14 1997

GUILLERMO CONTINUES TO MOVE NORTHWARD AND WILL DISSIPATE AND
BECOME EXTRATROPICAL IN THE NEXT 36 HOURS. IT REMAINS AT MINIMAL
TROPICAL STORM INTENSITY ONLY IN ITS NORTHERN SEMICIRCLE.
GUILLERMO STILL DISPLATS A WELL DEFINED LOW CLOUD CIRCULATION IN
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY BUT CONVECTION IS ALMOST ENTIRELY
ABSENT NEAR THE CENTER. THE CURRENT TRACK IS SLIGHTLY TO THE EAST
OF THE GFDL FORECAST WITH A GRADUAL TURN TOWARD THE NORTH.
FARRELL.

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     15/0900Z 38.9N 159.4W    35 KTS
12HR VT     15/1800Z 40.8N 160.2W    30 KTS
24HR VT     16/0600Z 43.2N 160.8W    25 KTS...DISSIPATING
36HR VT     16/1800Z 45.6N 160.6W    20 KTS...DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.