Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Discussion Number 7

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 20:56:08 -0600

351
WTPA41 PHNL 040300
TROPICAL STORM PAKA DISCUSSION NUMBER 7
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST WED DEC 3 1997

AFTER MOMENTARILY HALTING TROPICAL STORM PAKA NOW APPEARS TO BE
CONTINUING ON ITS EARLIER WESTNORTHWEST COURSE OVER WARM 28 DEGREE
WATER. WILL MAINTAIN A MORE CONSERVATIVE GROWTH PATTERN AS PAKA
UNDERGOES MILD UPPER SHEARING IN 24 TO 36 HOURS...OVERNIGHT CB
ENHANCEMENT WILL LIKELY STRENGTHEN THE STORM BEFORE HIGH LEVEL
WESTERLY FLOW IMPOSES A PLATEAU.  MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     04/0300Z  8.6N 169.1W    45 KTS
12HR VT     04/1200Z  9.0N 170.7W    50 KTS
24HR VT     05/0000Z  9.6N 172.8W    55 KTS
36HR VT     05/1200Z 10.3N 175.1W    55 KTS
48HR VT     06/0000Z 11.1N 177.7W    50 KTS
72HR VT     07/0000Z 13.0N 177.0E    45 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.