Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook [261000]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 04:56:55 -0500

174
ABPA20 PHNL 261000
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210 AM HST SATURDAY JULY 26 1997

A WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 11N162W...700 NM SOUTH SOUTHWEST
OF HONOLULU...IS MOVING WEST NORTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 KT.
THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY HAS DROPPED OFF RAPIDLY OVER THE PAST 12
HOURS...BUT SOME RESIDUAL ACTIVITY REMAINS.  THIS DISTURBANCE WILL
BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF DEVELOPMENT.

INFRARED SATELLITE LOOP SHOWS A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE MAY BE
FORMING WITHIN A BROAD AREA OF MULTILAYERED CLOUDS NEAR
10N140W...1200 NM SOUTHEAST OF HONOLULU.  NO THUNDERSTORMS ARE
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS AREA BUT WEAK ROTATION IS DISCERNIBLE WITHIN
THE MULTILAYERED CLOUDS.  HOWEVER...THICK HIGH CLOUDS PREVENT THE
CONFIRMATION OF A SURFACE CIRCULATION CENTER AT THIS TIME.
VISIBLE IMAGERY TOMORROW MORNING SHOULD AID IN DETERMINING THIS.
THIS AREA WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF DEVELOPMENT.

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.