Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Advisory Number 50

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 21:28:39 -0500

941
WTPA34 PHNL 120300
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER 50
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST MON AUG 11 1997

...GUILLERMO RECLASSIFIED A TROPICAL STORM...CONTINUES ON ITS
   NORTHWEST PATH AND DOES NOT THREATEN HAWAII...

AT 5 PM HST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 29.6 NORTH...LONGITUDE 145.8 WEST
OR ABOUT 900 MILES NORTHEAST OF HILO HAWAII.

GUILLERMO IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST NEAR 12 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 36 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 40 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  LITTLE
CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 12 HOURS WITH
GRADUAL WEAKENING THEREAFTER.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 145 MILES FROM THE
CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1007 MB...29.74 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 PM HST POSITION...29.6 N...145.8 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHWEST NEAR 12 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 40
MPH. MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1007 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE
CENTER AT 11 PM HST.

FARRELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.