Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Rick Forecast/advisory Number 12

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 02:41:43 -0600

044
WTPZ24 KNHC 100842
TCMEP4
TROPICAL STORM RICK FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER  12
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL   EP1997
0900Z MON NOV 10 1997

THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO HAS DISCONTINUED THE HURRICANE WARNING FROM
PUNTA MALDONADO TO TAPACHULA.  A TROPICAL STORM  WARNING IS NOW IN
EFFECT FROM PUNTA MALDONADO TO TAPACHULA.

TROPICAL STORM CENTER LOCATED NEAR 16.1N  95.2W AT 10/0900Z
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN  45 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE EAST NORTHEAST OR  70 DEGREES AT 13 KT

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE  990 MB
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS  55 KT WITH GUSTS TO  65 KT
50 KT....... 50NE  50SE  50SW  25NW
34 KT.......100NE 100SE 100SW  50NW
12 FT SEAS..100NE 100SE 100SW  00NW
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR 16.1N  95.2W AT 10/0900Z
AT 10/0600Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR 15.8N  95.8W

FORECAST VALID 10/1800Z 16.9N  93.4W...INLAND
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT
34 KT... 25NE  25SE  25SW  25NW

FORECAST VALID 11/0600Z 18.4N  91.1W...INLAND
MAX WIND  30 KT...GUSTS  40 KT

FORECAST VALID 11/1800Z 20.0N  88.8W...DISSIPATING

A STORM SURGE OF 2 TO 3 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE LEVELS OCCURRING TO
THE EAST OF THE CENTER WILL GRADUALLY SUBSIDE TONIGHT AND EARLY
MONDAY.

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 16.1N  95.2W

NEXT ADVISORY AT 10/1500Z

JARVINEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.