Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 01:52:57 -0600

077
ABPA20 PHNL 010800
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
10 PM HST SUN NOV 30 1997

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE IS NEARLY STATIONARY ABOUT 1070 MILES
SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU...NEAR 08N 167W.  THE DISTURBANCE HAS A
WELL-DEFINED CIRCULATION BUT LACKS ANY ORGANIZED THUNDERSTORM
FORMATION.

AS NOVEMBER 30 MARKS THE END OF THE OFFICIAL HURRICANE SEASON...
THIS IS THE FINAL SCHEDULED TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997.
REGULARLY SCHEDULED TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOKS WILL BEGIN AGAIN
NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

HOWEVER...ON RARE OCCASIONS TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE
NORTH CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1.  THIS IS
ESPECIALLY LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO EPISODE SUCH AS THE ONE
OCCURRING NOW.  IF A TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES DEVELOP BETWEEN THESE
DATES...THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL AGAIN BEGIN
ISSUING BULLETINS AT THAT TIME.

FUJII

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.