Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Four-c Advisory Number 4

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 20:28:12 -0600

032
WTPA34 PHNL 010300
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C ADVISORY NUMBER   4
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST FRI OCT 31 1997

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C CONTINUES TO MOVE SOUTHWESTWARD AND
WEAKEN...

AT 5 PM HST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 10.2 NORTH...LONGITUDE 173.2 WEST
OR ABOUT 1215 STATUTE MILES...1955 KM...SOUTHWEST OF LIHUE KAUAI.

THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 21 MPH
...33 KM/HR... AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE WITH A
GRADUAL TURN MORE WESTERLY FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  30 MPH... 45 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  DISSIPATION IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1013 MB...29.91 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 PM HST POSITION...10.2 N...173.2 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NEAR 21 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 30 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1013 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE
CENTER AT 11 PM HST.

FARRELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.