Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Advisory Number 60

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:31:27 +1900

814
WTPA34 PHNL 141500
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER  60
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST THU AUG 14 1997

...GUILLERMO CONTINUES TO MOVE NORTHWEST OVER THE OPEN OCEAN FAR
   NORTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 35.2 NORTH...LONGITUDE 156.9 WEST
OR ABOUT 950 MILES NORTH OF HONOLULU.

GUILLERMO IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS.
GUILLERMO IS EXPECTED TO BECOME EXTRATROPICAL IN ANOTHER 24 TO 48
HOURS AS IT MOVES INTO THE HIGHER LATITUDES.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 50 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  SOME
WEAKENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 175 MILES FROM THE
CENTER IN THE NORTHERN SEMICIRCLE AND ABOUT 30 MILES TO THE SOUTH.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1000 MB...29.53 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION...35.2 N...156.9 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...50 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1000 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE
CENTER AT 11 AM HST.

ROSENDAL  NWS HNL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.