Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 12

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 02:19:55 -0600

719
WTPA31 PHNL 050900
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER  12
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST THU DEC 04 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA FARAWAY AND NOT A THREAT TO THE ISLANDS...

AT 11 PM HST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  9.1 NORTH...LONGITUDE 173.1 WEST
OR ABOUT 1200 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR  8 MPH AND THIS MOTION IS
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE OVER THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  60 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
LITTLE CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 105 MILES FROM THE
CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS  995 MB...29.38 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 PM HST POSITION... 9.1 N...173.1 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NEAR  8 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 60 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 995 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 AM HST...FRIDAY.

ROSENDAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.