Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Advisory Number 44

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 09:53:20 -0500

655
WTPA34 PHNL 101500
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER 44
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST SUN AUG 10 1997

...WEAKENING TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO NOT A THREAT TO ISLANDS...

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 24.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 142.3 WEST
OR ABOUT 850 MILES EASTNORTHEAST OF HILO.

GUILLERMO IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST NEAR 9 MPH AND IS
EXPECTED
TO GRADUALLY TURN MORE WESTERLY AND SLOWLY INCREASE ITS SPEED
IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 40 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
WINDS WILL GRADUALLY WEAKEN IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 140 MILES.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1006MB OR 29.71 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION...24.0N 142.3W. MOVEMENT TOWARD
NORTHWEST NEAR 9 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 40 MPH.  MINIMUM
CENTRAL PRESSURE 1006MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 AM HST.

MATSUDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.