Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Jimena Discussion Number 19

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 21:30:39 -0500

402
WTPA42 PHNL 300300
TROPICAL DEPRESSION JIMENA DISCUSSION NUMBER  19
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST FRI AUG 29 1997

LATEST VISUAL IMAGERY SHOWS A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION WITH NO DEEP
CONVECTION ANYWHERE NEAR THE SYSTEM. DISSIPATION IS EXPECTED
WITHIN 24 HOURS OR LESS AND THIS WILL BE THE FINAL ADVISORY.

INITIAL MOTION IS 265/08. THE CIRCULATION CENTER IS NOW BEING
STEERED BY LOW LEVEL TRADE WIND FLOW AND THE TRACK IS SIMILAR TO
THE CLIPER MODEL...CLIMATOLOGY AND PERSISTENCE.

HABLUTZEL

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     30/0300Z 20.5N 141.6W    25 KTS
12HR VT     30/1200Z 20.3N 142.9W    20 KTS...DISSIPATING
24HR VT     31/0000Z DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.