Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Four-c Advisory Number 3

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 14:38:29 -0600

671
WTPA34 PHNL 312100
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C ADVISORY NUMBER 3
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST FRI OCT 31 1997

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C APPEARS TO BE SHEARING AND
WEAKENING...

AT 11 AM HST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 11.4 NORTH...LONGITUDE 171.5 WEST
OR ABOUT 945 MILES...1730 KM...SOUTHWEST OF LIHUE KAUAI.

THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 21 MPH
...33 KM/HR...AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT
24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  30 MPH... 45 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  LITTLE CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT
24 HOURS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1013 MB...29.91 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 AM HST POSITION...11.4 N...171.5 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NEAR 21 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 30 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1013 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 PM HST.

FARRELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.