Subject: Pacific-EN: Hurricane Rick Advisory Number 11

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 20:35:43 -0600

414
WTPZ34 KNHC 100237
TCPEP4
BULLETIN
HURRICANE RICK ADVISORY NUMBER  11
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
7 PM PST SUN NOV 09 1997

THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO HAS DISCONTINUED THE HURRICANE WARNING WEST
OF PUNTA MALDONADO AND EXTENDED THE HURRICANE WARNING EAST TO
TAPACHULA.  HURRICANE WARNINGS ARE NOW IN EFFECT FROM PUNTA
MALDONADO TO TAPACHULA.

AT 7 PM PST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE RICK
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 15.9 NORTH...LONGITUDE  97.0 WEST
OR JUST INLAND NEAR PUERTO ESCONDIDO.

RICK IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH ...20 M/HR...
AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO MOVE THE HURRICANE COMPLETELY INLAND
OVERNIGHT.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  75 MPH...120 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  WEAKENING IS FORECAST AS THE HURRICANE MOVES INLAND.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO  35 MILES... 55 KM...
MAINLY TO THE SOUTH OF THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS
EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 115 MILES...185 KM MAINLY SOUTH OF THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS  980 MB...28.94 INCHES.

HEAVY RAINS...5 TO 10 INCHES...ARE EXPECTED TO SPREAD EAST-
NORTHEASTWARD ALONG THE PATH OF THE HURRICANE.  THESE RAINS COULD
CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS AND MUD SLIDES.

STORM SURGE FLOODING OF 2 TO 4 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE LEVELS
OCCURRING TO THE EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE HURRICANE WILL DIMINISH
OVERNIGHT.

 REPEATING THE 7 PM PST POSITION...15.9 N... 97.0 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...EAST NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 75 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 980 MB.

AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER AT 10 PM PST FOLLOWED BY THE NEXT
COMPLETE ADVISORY AT 1 AM PST...MONDAY.

LAWRENCE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.