Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression One-c Advisory Number 3 [271500]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 09:36:36 -0500

379
WTPA33 PHNL 271500
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION ONE-C ADVISORY NUMBER 3
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST SUN JUL 27 1997

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION REMAINS WEAK AND DIFFICULT TO LOCATE...

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION
WAS RELOCATED TO NEAR LATITUDE 10.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 167.4 WEST.
THIS IS ABOUT 975 MILES SOUTHWEST OF LIHUE 480 MILES SOUTH
SOUTHEAST OF JOHNSTON ISLAND. THE DEEP CONVECTION OVER THE CENTER
WAS SHEARED OFF DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS EXPOSING A NEW CENTER
FURTHER SOUTHWEST WHICH WAS DEEMED TO BE THE MAIN CIRCULATION
CENTER.

THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 9 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE DURING THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 30 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  LITTLE
CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1008 MB...29.77 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION...10.0 N...167.4 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NEAR  9 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 30 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1008 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 AM HST.

ROSENDAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.