Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 11:54:18 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

871
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z NOV 97//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/081351ZNOV97//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/081355ZNOV97//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 081200Z1, TROPICAL STORM LINDA (30W) WAS
LOCATED AT 15.0N6 89.3E0, AND WAS MOVING TO THE NORTHWEST AT 6
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS TO 55 KNOTS.  SEE REF A (TROPICAL STORM LINDA (30W) WARNING
NR 32 (WTIO32 PGTW 081200)) AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
     (2) AT 081200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A WAS LOCATED AT 10.3N4
52.6E3 AND WAS MOVING TO THE WEST AT 12 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B
(TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A WARNING NR 2 (WTIO31 PGTW 081200)) AND SIX-
HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
     (3) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
9N9 54E9 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE
1A.(2) ABOVE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
     (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
10N1 79E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10N1 75E2. SATELLITE IMAGERY AND
AVAILABLE SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION IS
CURRENTLY LOCATED JUST OFF THE SOUTHWESTERN TIP OF INDIA AND HAS
SHOWN A DEFINITE MOVEMENT TOWARDS THE WEST. WATER VAPOR DERIVED
WINDS SHOW UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE AND GOOD UPPER-LEVEL SUPPORT OVER
THIS REGION. AS THE SYSTEM MIGRATES OVER WATER, THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION COMBINED WITH A WEAK ANTICYCLONIC UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW
SHOULD ALLOW ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS TO CONTINUE TO IMPROVE FOR
FUTURE DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1009 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
     (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: EDSON/HILDEBRAND/SANCHEZ/HALL/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.