Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 13:54:56 -0600

139
ABPA20 PHNL 302000
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
10 AM HST SUN NOV 30 1997

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ABOUT 1050 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU...
NEAR 09N 167W...IS MOVING NORTHWEST AT ABOUT 5 MILES AN HOUR. THE
DISTURBANCE HAS BECOME A LITTLE BETTER ORGANIZED SINCE YESTERDAY
AND HAS SOME POTENTIAL TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL DEPRESSION. WE
WILL WATCH THE SYSTEM CLOSELY FOR SIGNS OF STRENGTHENING.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS TODAY. WE
WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT 10 PM
TONIGHT. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOKS NEXT
YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO EPISODE SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING
NOW. IF A TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES DEVELOP BETWEEN THESE DATES...THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL BEGIN ISSUING
BULLETINS.

KODAMA/DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.