Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Forecast/advisory Number 55

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 03:30:48 +1900

518
WTPA24 PHNL 130900
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER 55
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI   EP0997
0900Z WED AUG 13 1997

...TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO MOVING WESTWARD OVER THE OPEN OCEAN
   WELL NORTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...

TROPICAL STORM CENTER LOCATED NEAR 31.1N 151.1W AT 13/0900Z.
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 40 NM. PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE WEST OR
280 DEGREES AT 10 KT. ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 1004 MB.
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS 40 KT WITH GUSTS TO 50 KT.
34 KT.......175NE  30SE  30SW 150NW.
12 FT SEAS..175NE  30SE  30SW 150NW.
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES.

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR 31.1N 151.1W AT 13/0900Z.
AT 13/0600Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR 31.0N 150.6W.

FORECAST VALID 13/1800Z 31.3N 152.8W
MAX WIND  40 KT...GUSTS  50 KT
34 KT...175NE  30SE  30SW  150NW

FORECAST VALID 14/0600Z 31.6N 154.8W
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT
34 KT... 60NE   0SE   0SW   60NW

FORECAST VALID 14/1800Z 32.2N 157.2W
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT
34 KT... 60NE   0SE   0SW   60NW

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 31N 151W

EXTENDED OUTLOOK...USE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY...ERRORS MAY BE LARGE

OUTLOOK VALID 15/0600Z 33.0N 160.0W
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  40 KT

OUTLOOK VALID 16/0600Z 35.7N 165.9W
MAX WIND  30 KT...GUSTS  40 KT

NEXT ADVISORY AT 13/1500Z

ROSENDAL   CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER  HONOLULU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.