Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 07:56:24 -0600

317
ABPA20 PHNL 251400
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
4 AM HST TUESDAY NOVEMBER 25 1997

A DISTURBANCE IN THE EAST PACIFIC ABOUT 1280 MILES EAST SOUTHEAST
OF HILO...NEAR 10N 138E...BECAME BETTER ORGANIZED LAST NIGHT. THE
DISTURBANCE IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL PACIFIC WITHIN 24
HOURS AND HAS SOME POTENTIAL TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL
DEPRESSION.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING NOW. IF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES OCCUR BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1...THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WE WILL START
ISSUING BULLETINS.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.