Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression One-c Advisory Number 1 [270230]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:34:32 -0500

452
WTPA31 PHNL 270230
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION ONE-C ADVISORY NUMBER   1
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST SAT JUL 26 1997

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION DEVELOPS IN THE CENTRAL PACIFIC...

AT 5 PM HST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 11.4 NORTH...LONGITUDE 164.8 WEST
OR ABOUT 800 MILES SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF LIHUE KAUAI AND 480 MILES
SOUTHEAST OF JOHNSTON ISLAND.

THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 6 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE ANOTHER 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  30 MPH... 45 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  LITTLE CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT
24 HOURS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1010 MB...29.83 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 PM HST POSITION...11.4 N...164.8 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NEAR  6 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 30 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1010 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 PM HST.

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.