Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook [282200]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 16:57:37 -0500

923
ABPA20 PHNL 282200
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210 PM HST MONDAY JULY 28 1997

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ABOUT 850 NM SOUTHEAST OF HONOLULU NEAR 12N
147W CONTINUES TO SLOWLY CONSOLIDATE.  ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS
PERSIST NORTHWEST OF CENTER...WITH THE REST OF THE SYSTEM
CONSISTING OF ENHANCED CUMULUS.  THE CENTER OF CIRCULATION IS
STILL RATHER ILL-DEFINED...BUT IS EXPOSED AND APPEARS TO BE MOVING
GENERALLY WESTWARD AT 10 TO 15 KT.  WE WILL MONITOR THIS
DISTURBANCE CLOSELY FOR ANY SIGNS OF STRENGTHENING.

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.