Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Jimena Forecast/advisory Number 18

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:35:04 -0500

070
WTPA22 PHNL 292100
TROPICAL DEPRESSION JIMENA FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER  18
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI   EP1297
2100Z FRI AUG 29 1997

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION JIMENA DOWNGRADED FROM A TROPICAL STORM...

TROPICAL DEPRESSION CENTER LOCATED NEAR 20.6N 141.3W AT 29/2100Z
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN  30 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE WEST OR 275 DEGREES AT  9 KT

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 1010 MB
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS  30 KT WITH GUSTS TO  40 KT

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR 20.6N 141.3W AT 29/2100Z
AT 29/1800Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR 20.6N 140.8W

FORECAST VALID 30/0600Z 20.8N 142.7W
MAX WIND  25 KT...GUSTS  35 KT

FORECAST VALID 30/1800Z 21.1N 144.6W
MAX WIND  20 KT...DISSIPATING

FORECAST VALID 31/0600Z 21.3N 146.2W...DISSIPATED

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 20.6N 141.3W

HABLUTZEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.