Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Discussion Number 17

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 09:01:45 -0600

058
WTPA41 PHNL 061500
TROPICAL STORM PAKA DISCUSSION NUMBER 17
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST SAT DEC 6 1997

CBS HAVE INCREASED AROUND PAKA BUT ITS CENTER HAS BEEN DIFFICULT
TO
LOCATE. THE MOVEMENT OF PAKAS OVERALL CLOUD MASS HAS BEEN FIRMLY
WESTWARD. ALL MODEL GUIDANCE ARE IN AGREEMENT MOVING THE SYSTEM
NEARLY DUE WEST AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SHIFOR CONTINUES TO INCREASE
STORM STRENGTH DESPITE NATURES SO FAR NONCOMPLIANCE. WILL THUS
PRESERVE CURRENT INTENSITY THRU 72 HOURS...ALSO HESITATE TO WEAKEN
STORM DUE TO WARM WATER PATH AND CURRENT CB COVERAGE. THIS WILL BE
THE FINAL BULLETIN ISSUED BY THE CPHC HONOLULU. JTWC GUAM WILL
ISSUE
THE NEXT WARNING AT 062100Z.  MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     06/1500Z  9.0N 179.7W    35 KTS
12HR VT     07/0000Z  9.1N 178.2E    35 KTS
24HR VT     07/1200Z  9.3N 175.2E    35 KTS
36HR VT     08/0000Z  9.7N 172.0E    35 KTS
48HR VT     08/1200Z 10.2N 168.8E    35 KTS
72HR VT     09/1200Z 11.8N 162.4E    35 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.