Subject: Pacific-EN: Hurricane Rick Intermediate Advisory Number 11a

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 23:51:02 -0600

755
WTPZ34 KNHC 100552
TCPEP4
BULLETIN
HURRICANE RICK INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER  11A
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
10 PM PST SUN NOV 09 1997

HURRICANE WARNINGS REMAIN IN EFFECT FROM PUNTA MALDONADO TO
TAPACHULA.

AT 10 PM PST...0600Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE RICK
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 15.9 NORTH...LONGITUDE  96.3 WEST
OR JUST INLAND NEAR PUERTO ANGEL.

RICK IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH ...20 M/HR...
HOWEVER...BECAUSE OF THE SHAPE OF THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC THE CENTER
OF THE HURRICANE IS FORECAST TO REMAIN INLAND BUT NEAR THE COAST FOR
THE NEXT 6 TO 12 HOURS BEFORE MOVING COMPLETELY INLAND.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS REMAIN NEAR  75 MPH...120 KM/HR...WITH
HIGHER GUSTS.  SINCE A PORTION OF THE CIRCULATION WILL REMAIN OVER
THE PACIFIC OCEAN AND GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC FOR THE NEXT 6 TO 12 HOURS
WEAKENING WILL BE SLOW UNTIL THE HURRICANE MOVES COMPLETELY INLAND.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO  35 MILES... 55 KM...
MAINLY TO THE SOUTH AND EAST OF THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM
FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 115 MILES...185 KM MAINLY SOUTH AND
EAST OF THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS  980 MB...28.94 INCHES.

HEAVY RAINS...5 TO 10 INCHES...ARE EXPECTED TO SPREAD EAST-
NORTHEASTWARD ALONG THE PATH OF THE HURRICANE.  THESE RAINS COULD
CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS AND MUD SLIDES.

STORM SURGE FLOODING OF 2 TO 4 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE LEVELS
OCCURRING TO THE EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE HURRICANE WILL DIMINISH
OVERNIGHT.

 REPEATING THE 10 PM PST POSITION...15.9 N... 96.3 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...EAST NORTHEAST NEAR 13 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 75 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 980 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER AT 1 AM PST...MONDAY.

JARVINEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.