Subject: Indian-S: Rmks/1. Formation Of A Significant Tropical Cyclone Is

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:39:05 -0600

542
WTXS21 PGTW 292100
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 300100Z OCT 97//
RMKS/1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS
POSSIBLE WITHIN 090 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 7.7S4
165.4W6 TO 12.6S9 167.8W2 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA
ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT
292100Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR
8.8S6 165.9W1. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT
05 KNOTS. THE NEXT SATELLITE INVESTIGATION IS SCHEDULED FOR
300000Z4.
2. REMARKS: BASED ON THE LATEST SATELLITE IMAGERY AND
SURFACE WIND DATA A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT WARNING
HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THIS AREA DUE TO THE MODERATE CONVECTIVE
ACTIVITY AND LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION WHICH HAS INCREASED
INTENSITY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 310100Z5.//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUHPSGG24363030133

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.