Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Advisory Number 56

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:33:03 +1900

659
WTPA34 PHNL 131500
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER 56
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST WED AUG 13 1997

...TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO MOVING WESTWARD OVER THE OPEN OCEAN
   WELL NORTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 31.7 NORTH...LONGITUDE 152.1 WEST
OR ABOUT 800 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU.

GUILLERMO IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 12 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 45 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
LITTLE CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 200 MILES FROM THE
CENTER IN THE NORTHERN SEMICIRCLE AND ABOUT 50 MILES TO THE SOUTH.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1004 MB...29.65 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION...31.7 N...152.1 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 12 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...
45 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1004 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 AM HST.

ROSENDAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.