Subject: Indian-S: Technical Discussion (Automatic)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 07:30:27 -0600

697
WTXS32 PGTW 311500
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (GRETELLE) WARNING NR 026
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   311200Z7 --- 33.4S0 40.2E6
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 160 DEGREES AT 16 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 100 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY EXTRAPOLATION
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
   REPEAT POSIT: 33.4S0 40.2E6
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   010000Z1 --- 36.6S5 43.0E7
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
   EXTRATROPICAL
    ---
REMARKS:
311500Z0 POSITION 34.2S9   40.9E3
TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (GRETELLE) IS MOVING SOUTH-
SOUTHEASTWARD AT 16 KNOTS. WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
EXTRAPOLATION FROM 310554Z VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY. GRETELLE IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE ACCELERATING
AND TRANSITIONING INTO AN EXTRATROPICAL SYSTEM. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 20S IS FORECAST TO BECOME EXTRATROPICAL WITHIN 12
HOURS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 311200Z IS 11
FEET. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 19S (PANCHO-HELINDA)
WARNINGS (WTXS31 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. THIS IS
THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON
WARNING CENTER NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE SYSTEM WILL
BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.