Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Discussion Number 60

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:31:18 +1900

813
WTPA44 PHNL 141500
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER 60
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST THU AUG 14 1997

GUILLERMO HAS INCREASED ITS FORWARD MOTION SPEED SLIGHTLY WHILE
THE ROTATIONAL WINDS APPEAR TO BE DIMINISHING. THE TRACK IS CHOSEN
CLOSE TO THE PREVIOUS ONE...A HAIR TO THE WEST AND A BIT FASTER.
STILL FORECASTING A TRANSITION TO EXTRATROPICAL AS IT MOVES NORTH
OF 40N.  ROSENDAL

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     14/1500Z 35.2N 156.9W    45 KTS
12HR VT     15/0000Z 36.2N 158.0W    40 KTS
24HR VT     15/1200Z 38.1N 159.4W    35 KTS
36HR VT     16/0000Z 40.3N 160.4W    35 KTS...EXTRATROPICAL
48HR VT     16/1200Z 42.5N 160.5W    30 KTS...EXTRATROPICAL
72HR VT     17/1200Z 46.4N 160.1W     0 KTS...EXTRATROPICAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.