Subject: Indian-N: 02 Active Tropical Cyclones In Northio

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 11:14:19 -0600

200
WTIO31 PGTW 081500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A WARNING NR 002
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE

PAGE 02 RUHGSGG8899 UNCLAS
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   081200Z1 --- 10.3N4 52.6E3
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 12 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 050 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   REPEAT POSIT: 10.3N4 52.6E3
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   090000Z9 --- 11.1N3 50.8E3
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 290 DEG/ 05 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   091200Z2 --- 11.5N7 49.8E1
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 015 KT, GUSTS 025 KT

PAGE 03 RUHGSGG8899 UNCLAS
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
081500Z4 POSITION 10.5N6   52.2E9
LATEST ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND DATA FROM PAST
SCATTEROMETER SWATHS INDICATE THAT TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A IS
MOVING TOWARDS THE COAST OF SOMALIA AT 12 KNOTS. IT IS EXPECTED
TO REACH THE COAST NORTH OF DANTE, SOMALIA WITHIN THE NEXT 6
HOURS. THIS CYCLONE IS EXPECTED TO DISSIPATE OVER THE
MOUNTAINOUS TERRAIN OF NORTHEASTERN SOMALIA WITHIN THE NEXT 12
TO 24 HOURS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 081200Z1 IS 12
FEET. REFER TO WWIO31 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT
INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT 082100Z1 (DTG 081955Z8), 090300Z2
(DTG 090155Z0) AND 090900Z8 (DTG 090755Z6). REFER TO TROPICAL
STORM LINDA (30W) WARNINGS (WTIO32 PGTW) FOR SIX-HOURLY
UPDATES.//
BT
#8899

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.