Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Depression Dolores Discussion Number 23 [110826]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 03:26:28 -0500

166
WTPZ41 KNHC 110826
TCDEP1
TROPICAL DEPRESSION DOLORES DISCUSSION NUMBER  23
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
2 AM PDT FRI JUL 11 1997

DOLORES IS GENERATING ONE SHRINKING PATCH OF DEEP CONVECTION ABOUT
100 NM NNE OF THE CENTER.  ERS-2 DATA FROM AROUND 19Z SHOWED MAXIMUM
WINDS OF ABOUT 35 KT.  THE INITIAL INTENSITY IS CURRENTLY ESTIMATED
AT 30 KT.  THE WESTWARD PROGRESS HAS SLOWED TO 11 KNOTS.

THE CURRENT MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT DAY OR TWO
WHILE THE CIRCULATION SLOWLY DECAYS.  THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO
CROSS 140W AND ENTER THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE BASIN WITHIN 12
HOURS.

RAPPAPORT

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     11/0900Z 19.5N 138.4W    30 KTS
12HR VT     11/1800Z 19.9N 140.1W    30 KTS
24HR VT     12/0600Z 20.5N 142.3W    25 KTS
36HR VT     12/1800Z 21.2N 144.8W    20 KTS...DISSIPATING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.