Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Depression Nineteen-e Advisory Number 3

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 02:31:56 -0600

637
WTPZ34 KNHC 080832
TCPEP4
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION NINETEEN-E ADVISORY NUMBER   3
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
1 AM PST SAT NOV 08 1997

...TROPICAL STORM WATCH FOR SOUTHWESTERN MEXICO...

THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT HAS ISSUED A TROPICAL STORM WATCH FROM LAZARO
CARDENAS TO PUERTO ESCONDIDO INCLUDING ACAPULCO.

A WATCH MEANS THAT TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS ARE POSSIBLE WITHIN THE
WATCH AREA DURING THE NEXT 36 HOURS.  ALL INTERESTS IN THE WATCH
AREA SHOULD MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM.

AT 1 AM PST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 12.4 NORTH...LONGITUDE 104.1 WEST
OR ABOUT 415 MILES...670 KM...SOUTHWEST OF ACAPULCO.

THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH NEAR 8 MPH...13 KM/HR...
AND A GRADUAL TURN TOWARD THE NORTHEAST IS EXPECTED IN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  35 MPH... 55 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO STRENGTHEN TO A TROPICAL STORM IN
THE NEXT 6 TO 18 HOURS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1006 MB...29.71 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 1 AM PST POSITION...12.4 N...104.1 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTH NEAR  8 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 35 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1006 MB.

AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER AT 4 AM PST FOLLOWED BY NEXT ADVISORY AT 7 AM PST.

JARVINEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.