Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:56:16 -0500

944
ABPA20 PHNL 291000
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210 AM HST FRI AUG 29 1997

HURRICANE JIMENA NEAR 21.7N 136.7W AT 8 PM HST...AROUND 1140
MILES EAST OF HILO...IS MOVING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 12 MPH. THE
HURRICANE IS EXPECTED TO SKIRT ALONG 140 WEST LONGTITUDE FRIDAY NIGHT
AS IT CONTINUES NORTH. PLEASE SEE THE LATEST WTPZ22 KNHC AND WTPZ42
KNHC BULLETINS FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 13N 169W...ABOUT 950 MILES SOUTHWEST
OF HONOLULU...IS NEARLY STATIONARY.  THIS SYSTEM IS BEING MONITORED
FOR SIGNS OF FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED IN THE
NORTH CENTRAL PACIFIC THROUGH FRIDAY.

FUJII

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.