Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Guillermo Discussion Number 64

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:33:59 +1900

844
WTPA44 PHNL 151500
TROPICAL DEPRESSION GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER 64
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST FRI AUG 15 1997

GUILLERMO IS WEAKENING AS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE NORTHWARD AND IS
NOW BEING AFFECTED BY SOUTHWESTERLY SHEAR. GUILLERMO WILL
DISSIPATE AND BECOME EXTRATROPICAL IN THE NEXT 36 HOURS. STRONGEST
WINDS WILL REMAIN IN THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT. THE CURRENT TRACK IS
SLIGHTLY TO THE EAST OF THE GFDL FORECAST WITH A STEADY GRADUAL
TURN TOWARD THE NORTH. FARRELL.

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     15/1500Z 39.9N 159.9W    30 KTS
12HR VT     16/0000Z 41.5N 160.5W    30 KTS
24HR VT     16/1200Z 43.7N 160.8W    25 KTS...DISSIPATING
36HR VT     17/0000Z 46.0N 160.4W    20 KTS...DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.