Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Discussion Number 44

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 09:47:47 -0500

609
WTPA44 PHNL 101500
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER 44
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST SUN AUG 10 1997

ALTHO BOTH SOUTHWEST SHEARING ALOFT AND COOL UNDERLYING 24 DEGREE
WATER REPRESENT WEAKENING INFLUENCES ON GUILLERMO WE WILL MAINTAIN
ITS TROPICAL STORM STATUS DUE TO STILL STRONG LOW LEVEL CLOUD
CIRCULATION...BUILDING PRESSURES NORTH OF THE STORM WILL ALSO KEEP
WIND GRADIENT STRONG A BIT LONGER. WILL MAINTAIN INITIAL NORTHWEST
TRACK AND MORE GRADUALLY YIELD TO WESTWARD BENT DUE TO THE
INCREASED RIDGING.  MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     10/1500Z 24.0N 142.3W    35 KTS
12HR VT     11/0000Z 24.8N 143.4W    30 KTS
24HR VT     11/1200Z 25.6N 145.3W    30 KTS
36HR VT     12/0000Z 26.0N 147.4W    25 KTS...DISSIPATING
48HR VT     12/1200Z 26.4N 150.1W    25 KTS...DISSIPATING
72HR VT     13/1200Z 26.4N 155.9W    20 KTS...DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.