Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Discussion Number 11

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:02:31 -0600

481
WTPA41 PHNL 050300
TROPICAL STORM PAKA DISCUSSION NUMBER 11
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST THU DEC 4 1997

PAKA AFTER INTENSIFYING OVERNIGHT HAS WEAKENED THE PAST 6 HOURS.
ITS CBS LESS PROMINENT THAN EARLIER WILL LIKELY BE REENHANCED
TONIGHT BUT AS PAKA MOVES NORTH OF WEST INTO FIRMER WESTERLY
SHEARING ALOFT WEAKENING IS AGAIN EXPECTED...A MORE DUE WEST PATH
MAY KEEP PAKA IN A MORE FAVORABLE GROWTH ENVIRONMENT
BUT BELIEVE AN EXTRAPOLATED COURSE PLUS FUTURE ACCELERATION
THE MORE LIKELY COURSE.  MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     05/0300Z  9.3N 172.5W    50 KTS
12HR VT     05/1200Z  9.7N 173.8W    55 KTS
24HR VT     06/0000Z 10.3N 175.8W    50 KTS
36HR VT     06/1200Z 10.9N 178.0W    50 KTS
48HR VT     07/0000Z 11.6N 179.5E    45 KTS
72HR VT     08/0000Z 13.0N 174.4E    40 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.