Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 16:34:48 +1900

119
ABPA20 PHNL 262200
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210 PM HST TUESDAY AUGUST 26 1997

TROPICAL STORM JIMENA...NEARLY 1600 MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF
HONOLULU...IS EXPECTED TO CROSS INTO THE CENTRAL PACIFIC NEAR
14N140W...1300 MILES EAST SOUTHEAST...ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT AS A
MINIMAL HURRICANE.

CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY 800 MILES SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU SHOWS A
FEW SIGNS OF DEVELOPMENT.

NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES ARE EXPECTED IN THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.