Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 13

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 07:45:00 -0600

847
WTPA31 PHNL 051500
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER  13
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST FRI DEC 05 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA WEAKENING...

AT 5 AM HST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  9.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE 173.3 WEST
OR ABOUT 1200 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 8 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE IN THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  50 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  SOME
WEAKENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES FROM THE
CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1000 MB...29.53 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 AM HST POSITION... 9.5 N...173.3 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NORTHWEST NEAR  8 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
50 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1000 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 AM HST.

ROSENDAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.