Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Storm Rick Advisory Number 5

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 14:39:07 -0600

141
WTPZ34 KNHC 082040
TCPEP4
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM RICK ADVISORY NUMBER   5
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
1 PM PST SAT NOV 08 1997

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION UPGRADED TO TROPICAL STORM RICK...
...HEADING TOWARD SOUTHWEST MEXICO...

A TROPICAL STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LAZARO CARDENAS TO
PUERTO ESCONDIDO MEXICO.  INTERESTS IN THE WATCH AREA SHOULD
CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM.  A TROPICAL STORM
WARNING WILL LIKELY BE REQUIRED LATER TODAY OR TONIGHT.

AT 1 PM PST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM RICK WAS LOCATED
NEAR LATITUDE 13.6 NORTH...LONGITUDE 102.7 WEST OR ABOUT 295 MILES
...475 KM...SOUTHWEST OF ACAPULCO.

RICK IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHEAST NEAR  8 MPH...13 KM/HR...AND
THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THROUGH TONIGHT.

SATELLITE PICTURES INDICATE THAT MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE
INCREASED TO NEAR  40 MPH... 65 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  SOME
FURTHER STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO  45 MILES... 75 KM
FROM THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1003 MB...29.62 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 1 PM PST POSITION...13.6 N...102.7 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHEAST NEAR  8 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 40 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1003 MB.

AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER AT 4 PM PST FOLLOWED BY THE NEXT COMPLETE ADVISORY AT 7 PM
PST.

RAPPAPORT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.