Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Depression Rick Advisory Number 13

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 08:53:44 -0600

900
WTPZ34 KNHC 101454
TCPEP4
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION RICK ADVISORY NUMBER  13
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
7 AM PST MON NOV 10 1997

...RICK WEAKENING RAPIDLY OVER THE MOUNTAINS OF EASTERN MEXICO...

THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO HAS DISCONTINUED ALL TROPICAL STORM
WARNINGS.

AT 7 AM PST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL DEPRESSION RICK
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 16.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE  93.9 WEST
OR ABOUT 55 MILES...85 KM...WEST-SOUTHWEST OF TUXTLA GUTIERREZ
MEXICO.

THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 15 MPH
...24 KM/HR...AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE
TODAY...KEEPING THE CENTER OF THE DEPRESSION OVER LAND.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE DECREASED TO NEAR  35 MPH... 55
KM/HR...WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  RICK IS LIKELY TO CONTINUE
WEAKENING...AND SHOULD DISSIPATE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS OR SO.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1004 MB...29.65 INCHES.

HEAVY RAINS...5 TO 10 INCHES...ARE EXPECTED TO SPREAD EAST-
NORTHEASTWARD ALONG THE PATH OF THE DEPRESSION.  THESE RAINS COULD
CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS AND MUD SLIDES.  RAINS ARE
EXPECTED TO BEGIN DIMINISHING LATER TODAY.

REPEATING THE 7 AM PST POSITION...16.5 N... 93.9 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...EAST NORTHEAST NEAR 15 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 35
MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1004 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER AT
1 PM PST.

PASCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.