Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Advisory Number 58

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:36:35 +1900

668
WTPA34 PHNL 140300
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER 58
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST WED AUG 13 1997

GUILLERMO CONTINUES TO MOVE NORTHWEST OVER THE OPEN OCEAN FAR
NORTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...

AT 5 PM HST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 33.4 NORTH...LONGITUDE 154.5 WEST
OR ABOUT 850 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU.

GUILLERMO IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST NEAR 15 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THE NEXT 24 HOURS WITH FURTHER
ACCELERATION LATER AS IT BECOMES EXTRATROPICAL.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 65 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF
THE CENTER AND UP TO 100 MILES TO THE SOUTH.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1000 MB...29.53 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 PM HST POSITION...33.4 N...154.5 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHWEST NEAR 15 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 65
MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1000 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 PM HST.

LARSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.