Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Advisory Number 42

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 21:33:04 -0500

297
WTPA34 PHNL 100300
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER  42
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST SAT AUG 09 1997

...TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ENTERS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC...

AT 5 PM HST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 23.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 141.2 WEST
OR ABOUT 1060 STATUTE MILES EAST OF HONOLULU.

GUILLERMO IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 12 MPH AND THIS
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS WITH A MORE
WESTERLY COURSE THEREAFTER.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 45 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.  SOME
WEAKENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 150 MILES FROM THE
CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1005 MB...29.68 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 PM HST POSITION...23.0 N...141.2 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST AT 12 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ESTIMATED AT 45 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1005 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 PM HST.

ROSENDAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.