Subject: Indian-S: Rmks/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 11:39:53 -0600

187
WTXS22 PGTW 261430
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 261423Z DEC 97//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
A 170 NM RADIUS OF 13.6S0 112.5E9 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO
BE 15 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 261200Z INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 12.8S1 112.2E6.  THE SYSTEM IS
MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 04 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS:
A SCATTEROMETER PASS FROM 261529Z5 INDICATED THAT THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER IN THE SOUTHEAST INDIAN OCEAN HAD WINDS OF
15 TO 25 KNOTS. ALTHOUGH CONVECTION HAS BEEN LOCATED TO THE WEST
OF THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER DURING MUCH OF THE DAY, RECENT
SATELLITE DATA INDICATES THAT CONVECTION IS STARTING TO FORM CLOSER
TOWARDS THE CENTER. SYNOPTIC CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT
TO COMMENCE WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 271430Z7.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.