Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Test Discussion Number 2

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:20:53 -0600

541
WTPA44 PHNL 311500
TROPICAL DEPRESSION TEST DISCUSSION NUMBER   2
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 AM HST FRI OCT 31 1997

TROPICAL DISTURBANCE FOUR-C HAS SHOWN SOME DECREASE IN CONVECTION
OVER THE PAST HOUR. THE LOW LEVEL CENTER CAN NOT BE SEEN ON
INFRARED DATA...ITS POSITION IS BASED ON ANIMATION AND
EXTRAPOLATION OF CURVED BANDS.

MOTION IS 280/10. ALL MODELS ARE CONSISTENT ON THE TRACK AND
THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN SOUTH OF JOHNSTON ISLAND.

JENDROWSKI

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     31/1500Z 12.5N 169.4W    30 KTS
12HR VT     01/0000Z 12.7N 171.0W    35 KTS
24HR VT     01/1200Z 13.3N 173.2W    40 KTS
36HR VT     02/0000Z 13.7N 175.6W    45 KTS
48HR VT     02/1200Z 14.0N 177.7W    50 KTS
72HR VT     03/1200Z 14.6N 178.3E    60 KTS

NNNN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.