Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 11:55:41 -0600

617
ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/071800Z/081800Z NOV 97//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/071351ZNOV97//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 071200Z0, TROPICAL STORM LINDA (30W) WAS
LOCATED AT 15.4N0 90.6E5, MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 04
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 55 KNOTS
WITH GUSTS TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL STORM LINDA
(30W) WARNING NR 28 (WTIO32 PGTW 071500)) AND SIX-HOURLY
UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
    (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
    (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
9N9 65E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9N9 54E9. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND 071200Z0 SHIP DATA INDICATE A WELL-
DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION BENEATH UPPER-
LEVEL ANTICYCLONIC FLOW. ANIMATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY
ALSO INDICATES WEAK CYCLONIC TURNING OF THE DEEP
CONVECTION. HOWEVER, SURFACE PRESSURES REMAIN HIGH IN
THIS AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15
TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO
BE 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
    (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY NEAR
8N8 82E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10N1 79E6. A WEAK LOW-LEVEL
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION EXISTS BENEATH A SMALL UPPER-LEVEL
ANTICYCLONE. SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUES TO SHOW GOOD
CYCLONIC TURNING OF THE DEEP CONVECTION. HOWEVER, THE
SURFACE CIRCULATION HAS MOVED ONSHORE OVER THE EXTREME
SOUTHEAST TIP OF INDIA AND LAND INTERACTION WILL INHIBIT
ANY FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. SURFACE PRESSURES ALSO REMAIN
HIGH IN THIS AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS
POOR.
    (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: STEWART/EIBLING/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.