Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Advisory Number 54

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 21:31:26 +1900

341
WTPA34 PHNL 130300
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER 54
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
5 PM HST TUE AUG 12 1997

...TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO MOVING WESTWARD OVER THE OPEN OCEAN
FAR NORTHEAST OF HAWAII...

AT 5 PM HST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 31.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 150.1 WEST
OR ABOUT 850 MILES NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU.

GUILLERMO IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 14 MPH
AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 45 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 200 MILES
NORTH OF THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1004 MB...29.65 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 5 PM HST POSITION...31.0 N...150.1 W.  MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 14 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS...45 MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1004 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 PM HST.

LARSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.