Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Four-c Discussion Number 5

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 02:33:04 -0600

964
WTPA44 PHNL 010900
TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR-C DISCUSSION NUMBER   5
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST FRI OCT 31 1997

LATEST SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THAT THE SYSTEM HAS CONTINUED TO
WEAKEN. ALTHOUGH THERE IS A WELL DEFINED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION...THE DEPRESSION IS VOID OF DEEP CONVECTION AND CAN NO
LONGER BE CLASSIFIED. IN ADDITION...ANIMATION NO LONGER SHOWS
WESTERLY CLOUD MOTION ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE CENTER. THIS WILL
BE THE FINAL ADVISORY UNLESS REGENERATION OCCURS.

INITIAL MOTION IS 250/19. THE TRACK IS SIMILAR TO THE LOW LEVEL
BETA ADVECTION MODEL.

HABLUTZEL

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     01/0900Z  9.5N 175.1W    20 KTS
12HR VT     01/1800Z  8.5N 177.9W    DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.