Subject: Pacific-EN: Hurricane Felicia Discussion Number 24 [200812]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 03:13:42 -0500

935
WTPZ43 KNHC 200812
TCDEP3
HURRICANE FELICIA DISCUSSION NUMBER  24
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
2 AM PDT SUN JUL 20 1997

ALL INDICATIONS ARE THAT FELICIA HAS PEAKED AND IS ON THE WAY DOWN.
THE EYE HAS BECOME A LITTLE LESS DISTINCT AND GOOD OUTFLOW IS
LIMITED TO ONE QUADRANT.  LATE IN THE FORECAST WEAKENING COULD BE
MORE RAPID DUE TO THE EFFECTS OF INCREASING VERTICAL SHEAR.

CURRENT FORECASTS ARE A CONTINUATION OF PREVIOUS FORECASTS. THE
FORWARD SPEED IS ADJUSTED SLIGHTLY TO REFLECT ACTUAL MOVEMENT.  THE
FAST FORWARD SPEED SUGGESTS NO TURN IS IMMINENT.  THE TROUGH CITED
PREVIOUSLY AS A POSSIBLE SOURCE OF A TURN TO THE RIGHT...MAY BE
RETROGRADING.  SHOULD THAT HAPPEN...FELICIA MAY ENTER THE CENTRAL
PACIFIC AS A SIGNIFICANT HURRICANE.

JARRELL

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     20/0900Z 16.3N 133.1W   105 KTS
12HR VT     20/1800Z 16.7N 135.0W    95 KTS
24HR VT     21/0600Z 17.2N 137.8W    80 KTS
36HR VT     21/1800Z 17.6N 140.5W    65 KTS
48HR VT     22/0600Z 18.1N 143.0W    55 KTS
72HR VT     23/0600Z 19.1N 148.0W    35 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.