Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Advisory Number 43

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 04:24:52 -0500

955
WTPA34 PHNL 100900
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO ADVISORY NUMBER 43
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST SAT AUG 9 1997

...TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO CONTINUES TO WEAKEN...

AT 11 PM HST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 23.7 NORTH...LONGITUDE 141.7 WEST
OR ABOUT 900 MILES EASTNORTHEAST OF HILO.

GUILLERMO IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 12 MPH AND
THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO TURN MORE WESTERLY AND INCREASE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 40 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
WEAKENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 140 MILES.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1006MB OR 29.71 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 PM HST POSITION 23.7N 141.7 W.  MOVEMENT TOWARD
WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 12 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 40 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 1006 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 AM HST SUNDAY.

MATSUDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.