Subject: Pacific-EN: Hurricane Guillermo Discussion Number 34

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:42:38 -0500

074
WTPZ44 KNHC 080241
TCDEP4
HURRICANE GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER  34
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
8 PM PDT THU AUG 07 1997

CLOUD TOPS ARE WARMING AND DEEP CONVECTION REMAINS LIMITED TO THE
SOUTHERN SEMICIRCLE.  INTENSITY ESTIMATES BASED ON SATELLITE
PICTURES ARE DECREASING AND IMPLY AN INITIAL INTENSITY NEAR 65
KNOTS.

THE TRACK IS EDGING TO THE RIGHT AND THE PACE IS SLOWING...NOW
295/11 KT.  THIS GENERAL MOTION IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE AND THIS IS
SUPPORTED BY MOST OF THE NUMERICAL GUIDANCE.  GRADUAL WEAKENING IS
EXPECTED.

RAPPAPORT

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     08/0300Z 18.1N 134.6W    65 KTS
12HR VT     08/1200Z 18.8N 136.2W    55 KTS
24HR VT     09/0000Z 19.9N 138.5W    45 KTS
36HR VT     09/1200Z 21.0N 140.7W    35 KTS
48HR VT     10/0000Z 22.3N 142.7W    30 KTS
72HR VT     11/0000Z 24.5N 147.0W    25 KTS...DISSIPATING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.