Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Paka Advisory Number 2

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:32:38 -0600

382
WTPA31 PHNL 022100
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM PAKA ADVISORY NUMBER   2
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST TUE DEC 02 1997

...TROPICAL STORM PAKA UPGRADED FROM TROPICAL DEPRESSION FIVE-C

AT 11 AM HST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM PAKA...THE
HAWAIIAN NAME FOR PAT...WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE  7.5
NORTH...LONGITUDE 166.9 WEST OR ABOUT 1100 MILES...1800 KM SOUTH
SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI.

PAKA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 5 MPH... 7 KM/HR...AND
THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR  40 MPH... 65 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.  LITTLE CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT
24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO  35 MILES... 55 KM
FROM THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1007 MB...29.74 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 AM HST POSITION...7.5 N...166.9 W.  MOVEMENT TOWARD
THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR  5 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 40 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1007 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
HURRICANE CENTER AT 5 PM HST.

ROSENDAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.