Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory F The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 13:02:18 -0600

986
ABPW10 PGTW 261830 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY F THE
WESTERN PACIFIC OCEAN/261830Z/270600Z OCT 97//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/261351ZOCT97//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/260453ZOCT97//
NARR/REF A, TROI CAL CYNLONE 03P WARNINGNNR 01 (WTPS31
PGTW 261500), REF B, TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
(WTPN21 PGTW 260500)//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
7N7 169E6 HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY. HOWEVER, DEEP
CONVECTIOMPAND CONVECTIVE ORGANIZATION HAVE DECREASED
DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS. 261200Z1 SYNOPTIC DATA FROM
KWAJALEIN (WMO 91366), MAJURO (91376), AND SOME OF THE
OTHER MARSHALL ISLANDS; REPORTING STATIONS INDICATE THAT
PRESSURES HAVE RISEN ABOUT 1 MB DURING THE PAST 24 HOURS
AND THAT MULTIPLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATIONS EXIST WITHIN A
LARGER MONSOON CIRCULATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ETHAT A WEAK UPPER-
LEVEL ANTICYCLONE MAY BE FORMING WITH THIS CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS EDM
ATED TO BE 1009 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
2. WESTERN SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (180 WEST TO 135E):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
     (1) AT 261200Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 03P WAS LOCATED AT
12.8S1 174.5E3 33 43> - (TROPICAL CYCLONE 03P
WARNING NR 01 (WTP 31 PGTW 261500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDAES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
     (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
13S4 177E5 AND WAS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION ALERT HAS DEVELOPED INTO TROPICAL CYCLONE 03I.
SEE PARAGRAPH 2.A.(1) ABOVE FOR FURTHER DETAILS
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR RE-ISSUANCE OF THIS ADVISORY IS TO
ADD PARAGRAPHS 1.B.(2) AND 2.A.(1), AND UPDATE PARAGRAPH
JUSTIFICATION FOR CORRECTION: TIME REFERENCE AND ERONIOUS
DATA
FORECAST TEAM: STEWART/HATFIELD/UROGI//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.