Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Depression Rick Discussion Number 13

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 08:54:31 -0600

902
WTPZ44 KNHC 101455
TCDEP4
TROPICAL DEPRESSION RICK DISCUSSION NUMBER  13
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
7 AM PST MON NOV 10 1997

IT IS DIFFICULT TO SEE A CENTER OF CIRCULATION ON SATELLITE
PICTURES.  HOWEVER...RADAR IMAGERY SHOWS THAT THE ILL-DEFINED CENTER
HAS REMAINED INLAND AND APPEARS TO HAVE CROSSED INTO THE STATE OF
CHIAPAS.  RICK IS BEING DOWNGRADED TO A DEPRESSION AND SINCE IT IS
EXPECTED TO REMAIN OVER MOUNTAINOUS TERRAIN...DISSIPATION IS LIKELY
TO OCCUR LATER TODAY.  RICK...OR ITS REMNANTS...WILL LIKELY BE SO
SEVERELY DISRUPTED BY THE PASSAGE OVER RUGGED TERRAIN THAT
REGENERATION OVER THE CARIBBEAN OR GULF OF MEXICO IS HIGHLY
UNLIKELY.

THE THREAT OF INLAND FLOODING AND MUD SLIDES DUE TO HEAVY RAINS
CONTINUES...BUT PRECIPITATION ASSOCIATED WITH RICK SHOULD GRADUALLY
DECREASE LATER TODAY.

PASCH

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     10/1500Z 16.5N  93.9W    30 KTS
12HR VT     11/0000Z 17.0N  92.0W    25 KTS
24HR VT     11/1200Z 18.5N  90.0W    20 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.