Subject: Pacific-NC: National Weather Service Honolulu Hi [120900]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 03:39:46 -0500

364
WTPA41 PHNL 120900
TROPICAL DEPRESSION DOLORES DISCUSSION NUMBER 27
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST FRI JUL 11 1997

DOLORES APPEARS NOW TO BE MOVING MORE WESTERLY THAN ITS EARLIER
NORTHWEST DIRECTION. WITH THE DEPRESSION LOSING MOST OF ITS HIGHER
CONVECTION ITS PATH SHOULD BE MORE INFLUENCED BY THE LOWER LEVEL
EASTERLY FLOW. HOWEVER WILL KEEP THE PROJECTED TRACK JUST NORTH OF
WEST AS THE SURFACE RIDGE WEAKENS NORTH OF HAWAII. WILL ALSO
REDUCE
ITS PATH SPEED FROM THE CURRENT 14 KNOTS TO CLOSER TO 12 KNOTS IN
THE 48 AND 72 HOUR PERIODS AS IT PASSES UNDER THE WEAKENED RIDGE.
ALTHOUGH SOME CONVECTION MAY REDEVELOP UNDER THE UPPER TROUGHING
WEST OF THE DEPRESSION WILL MAINTAIN ITS GRADUAL WEAKENING TREND
AS IT MOVES OVER COOL 25 DEGREE WATER.  MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     12/0900Z 22.4N 143.4W    30 KTS
12HR VT     12/1800Z 23.0N 145.5W    30 KTS
24HR VT     13/0600Z 23.8N 148.5W    30 KTS
36HR VT     13/1800Z 24.7N 151.1W    30 KTS
48HR VT     14/0600Z 25.5N 153.6W    25 KTS
72HR VT     15/0600Z 26.1N 158.4W    25 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.