Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression Jimena Discussion Number 18

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:32:54 -0500

058
WTPA42 PHNL 292100
TROPICAL DEPRESSION JIMENA DISCUSSION NUMBER  18
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST FRI AUG 29 1997

LATEST VISUAL IMAGERY SHOWS A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION. SHEARING
OCCURRED DURING THE NIGHT AND THE NEAREST CONVECTION IS ABOUT 300
MILES NORTHEAST OF THE LOW LEVEL CENTER. THE SYSTEM IS NO LONGER
CLASSIFIABLE AND THE SPEED HAS BEEN REDUCED TO 30 KNOTS.
DISSIPATION SHOULD OCCUR DURING THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS.

INITIAL MOTION IS 275/09. THE LOW LEVEL CENTER IS NOW BEING
STEERED BY LOW LEVEL FLOW. THE TRACK HAS BEEN ADJUSTED AND IS TO
THE LEFT OF THE MODELS AND IS SIMILAR TO THE CLIPER MODEL...
CLIMATOLOGY AND PERSISTENCE.

HABLUTZEL

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     29/2100Z 20.6N 141.3W    30 KTS
12HR VT     30/0600Z 20.8N 142.7W    25 KTS
24HR VT     30/1800Z 21.1N 144.6W    20 KTS...DISSIPATING
36HR VT     31/0600Z 21.3N 146.2W    20 KTS...DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.