Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 02:00:58 -0600

838
ABPA20 PHNL 300800
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
10 PM HST SAT NOV 29 1997

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ABOUT 1100 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU...
NEAR 07N 166W...HAS SOME POTENTIAL TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL
DEPRESSION. THIS SYSTEM WILL CONTINUE TO BE MONITORED.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO EPISODE SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING
NOW. IF A TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES DEVELOP BETWEEN THESE DATES...THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL BEGIN ISSUING
BULLETINS.

FUJII

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.