Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 12:27:10 -0600

522
ABIO10 PGTW 061800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/061800Z/071800Z NOV 97//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/061351ZNOV97//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 061200Z9, TROPICAL STORM LINDA (30W) WAS
UPGRADED TO TYPHOON LINDA (30W) AND WAS LOCATED AT 15.0N6
92.1E2, MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT 03 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO
80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TYPHOON LINDA (30W) WARNING NR 24
RELOCATED(WTIO32 PGTW 061500)) AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
7N7 67E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9N9 65E1. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND AVAILABLE SHIP DATA INDICATE A WEAK
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION EXISTS WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH.
HOWEVER, CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS AREA REMAINS
LOOSELY ORGANIZED AT THIS TIME AND SURFACE PRESSURES
REMAIN HIGH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15
TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO
BE 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS
POOR.
(2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR MORE
THAN 18 HOURS NEAR 8N8 82E0. SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
GOOD CYCLONIC TURNING OF THE CONVECTIVE ELEMENTS AND
CLOUD TOPS HAVE COOLED TO -83C IN SEVERAL AREAS NEAR THE
SYSTEM CENTER. ALTHOUGH SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A WELL-
DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION, PRESSURES REMAIN
HIGH AND THE SYSTEM CENTER IS NEAR THE NORTHEAST COAST OF
SRI LANKA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO
BE 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
 (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: STEWART/EIBLING/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.