Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Forecast/advisory Number 60

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:31:06 +1900

812
WTPA24 PHNL 141500
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER  60
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI   EP0997
1500Z THU AUG 14 1997

...GUILLERMO CONTINUES TO MOVE NORTHWEST OVER THE OPEN OCEAN FAR
   NORTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...

TROPICAL STORM CENTER LOCATED NEAR 35.2N 156.9W AT 14/1500Z.
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 45 NM.  PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE
NORTHWEST OR 320 DEGREES AT 9 KT. ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL
PRESSURE 1000 MB.  MAX SUSTAINED WINDS 45 KT WITH GUSTS TO 55 KT.
34 KT.......150NE  75SE  25SW 125NW.
12 FT SEAS..150NE  75SE  25SW 125NW.
ALL QUADRANT RADII IN NAUTICAL MILES.

REPEAT...CENTER LOCATED NEAR 35.2N 156.9W AT 14/1500Z.
AT 14/1200Z CENTER WAS LOCATED NEAR 34.8N 156.6W.

FORECAST VALID 15/0000Z 36.2N 158.0W
MAX WIND  40 KT...GUSTS  50 KT
34 KT...100NE  50SE  25SW  75NW

FORECAST VALID 15/1200Z 38.1N 159.4W
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT
34 KT... 50NE   0SE   0SW  25NW

FORECAST VALID 16/0000Z 40.3N 160.4W...BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.
MAX WIND  35 KT...GUSTS  45 KT
34 KT... 25NE   0SE   0SW   0NW

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 35N 157W.

EXTENDED OUTLOOK...USE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY...ERRORS MAY BE LARGE.

OUTLOOK VALID 16/1200Z 42.5N 160.5W...EXTRATROPICAL
MAX WIND  30 KT...GUSTS  40 KT

OUTLOOK VALID 17/1200Z 46.4N 160.1W...EXTRATROPICAL

NEXT ADVISORY AT 14/2100Z

ROSENDAL  CPHC HNL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.