Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:50:37 -0500

152
ABPA20 PHNL 272200
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1210 PM HST WED AUG 27 1997

HURRICANE JIMENA NEAR 14.7N 136.2W AT 11 AM HST...AROUND 1330
MILES EAST-SOUTHEAST OF HILO...IS MOVING NORTH/NORTHWESTWARD AT ABOUT
8 MPH. THE HURRICANE IS NOT EXPECTED TO CROSS 140 WEST LONGITUDE INTO
THE CENTRAL PACIFIC UNTIL FRIDAY MORNING...29 AUG. PLEASE SEE THE
LATEST WTPZ22 KNHC AND WTPZ42 KNHC BULLETINS FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 13N 166W HAS SLOWED AND IS MOVING
WESTWARD AT ABOUT 5 TO 10 MPH. ACTIVE CONVECTION REMAINS WITH THIS
SYSTEM...BUT HAS WEAKENED SLIGHTLY OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. IT WILL BE
MONITORED FOR ANY SIGNS OF DEVELOPMENT.

THERE ARE NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS AT THIS TIME. THIS BULLETIN IS VALID
THROUGH THURSDAY...HAWAII STANDARD TIME.

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.