Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Outlook

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 14:23:23 -0600

500
ABPA20 PHNL 292000
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN 140W AND 180
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1000 AM HST SATURDAY NOVEMBER 29 1997

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ABOUT 1180 MILES SOUTHWEST OF LIHUE OR 700
MILES SOUTH OF JOHNSTON ISLAND...NEAR 07N 168W...BECAME BETTER
ORGANIZED OVERNIGHT. THIS DISTURBANCE HAS SOME POTENTIAL TO
DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL DEPRESSION SO WE WILL BE WATCHING IT
CLOSELY.

THE CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS ON NOVEMBER
30. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR 1997 AT
10 PM ON NOVEMBER 30. WE WILL RESUME ISSUING TROPICAL WEATHER
OUTLOOKS NEXT YEAR ON JUNE 1.

ON RARE OCCASIONS...TROPICAL CYCLONES DO OCCUR IN THE NORTH
CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN DECEMBER 1 AND JUNE 1. THIS IS ESPECIALLY
LIKELY DURING A STRONG EL NINO EPISODE SUCH AS THE ONE OCCURRING
NOW. IF A TROPICAL CYCLONE DOES DEVELOP BETWEEN THESE DATES...THE
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER WILL OPEN AND WILL BEGIN ISSUING
BULLETINS.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.