Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Depression One-c Discussion Number 4 [272100]

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:35:56 -0500

546
WTPA41 PHNL 272100
TROPICAL DEPRESSION ONE-C DISCUSSION NUMBER   4
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 AM HST SUN JUL 27 1997

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH THAT DEVELOPED NORTHWEST OF HAWAII DUG TO
THE SOUTH LAST NIGHT. A WEAK SUBTROPICAL JETSTREAM THAT FORMED ON
THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF THE TROUGH SHEARED OFF THE TOP OF ONE-C
LEAVING ONLY A LOW LEVEL SPIRAL EMBEDDED IN THE TRADE FLOW.
ALTHOUGH ONE-C IS MOVING OVER WARM WATER...AM FORECASTING IT TO
DISSIPATE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. THE FORECAST KEEPS THE SYSTEM ON A
WESTERLY TRACK AT ABOUT 14 KNOTS. CRAIG.

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     27/2100Z 10.2N 169.2W    25 KTS
12HR VT     28/0600Z 10.4N 171.5W    20 KTS DISSIPATING
24HR VT     28/1800Z 10.7N 174.5W    .......DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.