Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Discussion Number 55

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 03:30:55 +1900

519
WTPA44 PHNL 130900
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER 55
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST TUE AUG 12 1997

GUILLERMO STILL LOOKS RATHER HEALTHY IN THE VISUAL SAT PIX THOUGH
DEEP CONVECTION IS MEAGER AT THIS TIME. SLIGHTLY WARMER WATER LIES
OUT AHEAD OF GUILLERMO AND DUE TO THE EXPONENTIAL NATURE OF LATENT
AND SENSIBLE HEAT TRANSFERS WITH INCREASING SEA SURFACE
TEMPERATURES ...GUILLERMO MAY HOLD ITS OWN FOR ANOTHER DAY OR TWO.
TRACK IS FORECAST TO CLOSELY FOLLOW THE GFDL TRACK WHICH LOOKS LIKE
A WINNER IN SPITE OF IT BEING AT THE SOUTHWESTERN EXTREMETY OF THE
ENSEMBLE.   ROSENDAL

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     13/0900Z 31.1N 151.1W    40 KTS
12HR VT     13/1800Z 31.3N 152.8W    40 KTS
24HR VT     14/0600Z 31.6N 154.8W    35 KTS
36HR VT     14/1800Z 32.2N 157.2W    35 KTS
48HR VT     15/0600Z 33.0N 160.0W    35 KTS
72HR VT     16/0600Z 35.7N 165.9W    30 KTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.