Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Storm Guillermo Discussion Number 43

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 04:35:38 -0500

168
WTPA44 PHNL 100900
TROPICAL STORM GUILLERMO DISCUSSION NUMBER 43
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
11 PM HST SAT AUG 9 1997

GUILLERMO CONTINUES TO MOVE UNDER INCREASING SOUTHWESTERLY
SHEARING ALOFT...CONVECTION AND HIGHER CLOUDS ARE VISIBLY MOVING
NORTHWARD UNCOVERING GUILLERMOS CENTER. ITS CENTER APPEARS TO BE
SHOWING THE BEGINNINGS OF A DECIDELY MORE WESTWARD MOVEMENT. THE
STORM SHOULD CONTINUE TO WEAKEN WITH THE LOSS OF ITS CONVECTION.
AS AN ADDITIONAL RESULT ITS PACE WESTWARD SHOULD QUICKEN FROM ITS
CURRENT 10 KNOTS AIDED BY STRENGTHENING LOWER LEVEL RIDGING TO ITS
NORTH.  MATSUDA

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL     10/0900Z 23.7N 141.7W    35 KTS
12HR VT     10/1800Z 24.3N 143.2W    30 KTS
24HR VT     11/0600Z 24.8N 145.6W    25 KTS
36HR VT     11/1800Z 25.2N 148.3W    20 KTS...DISSIPATING
48HR VT     12/0600Z 25.4N 151.1W    DISSIPATING
72HR VT     13/0600Z 25.6N 157.4W    DISSIPATED

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.