Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 07:28:34 -0600

065
AXPZ20 KNHC 071326
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC MON 07 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 07/1200 UTC...
...1036 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 32N136W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
   THE REGION NORTH OF 10N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 07/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N78W
8N92W 8N110W 10N120W 8N125W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 118W-122W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS PRESENT
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 78W-86W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
87W-106W... AND BETWEEN 122W-128W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS CHARACTERIZES THE REMAINDER OF THE
ITCZ.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.