Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:32:39 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 310900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/310900Z/311800Z DEC 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY NEAR 05N5
78E5
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 08N8 80E8. SYNOPTIC DATA AND ANIMATED VISIBLE
AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE A WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION BENEATH A DEVELOPING UPPER-LEVEL
ANTICYCLONE.
DEEP CONVECTION AND OVERALL SYSTEM ORGANIZATION HAVE IMPROVED
SIGNIFICANTLY DURING THE PAST 9 HOURS WHILE UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW
HAS
ALSO IMPROVED. THIS SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY LOCATED ALONG THE WEST
COAST
OF SRI LANKA BUT SHOULD CONTINUE TO MOVE WESTWARD OVER OPEN WATER
AND CROSS OVER THE EXTREME SOUTHERN TIP OF INDIA DURING THE NEXT
12
TO 24 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR RE-ISSUANCE: TO UPGRADE PREVIOUSLY POOR
SUSPECT
AREA TO FAIR IN ITEM 1.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: STEWART/HERRON/BALDINGER//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RHHMMCC09743651024

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.