Subject: Indian-S: 02 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Hemisphere

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 20:26:39 -0600

673
WTXS31 PGTW 310300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) WARNING NR 019
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   310000Z4 --- 19.4S4 106.2E9
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 03 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 19.4S4 106.2E9
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   311200Z7 --- 19.3S3 105.8E4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
310300Z7 POSITION 19.4S4  106.1E8
TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 03 KNOTS.
THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON 302330Z1
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY.  THIS SYSTEM HAS BEEN COMPLETELY
SHEARED AND LACKS ANY DEEP CONVECTION NEAR THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER.  TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) IS
DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER.  THIS
IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON
WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE
CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.  MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 310000Z4 IS 12 FEET. REFER TO
TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR SIX-
HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.