Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:50:19 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

779
ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/201800Z/211800ZFEB98//
RMKS/
 1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
 COAST OF AFRICA):
 A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
 B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
 2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
 AFRICA):
 A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
 B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21S3 50E5
OFF THE EASTERN COAST OF MADAGASCAR HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY.
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS A
RESULT UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW. ADDITIONALLY, A 201208Z SCATTEROMETER
PASS SHOWED STRONG CONVERGENCE IN THE AREA WITH NO ASSOCIATED
CIRCULATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS AREA ESTIMATED AT 15
KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 20 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THIS AREA IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT
FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: HILDEBRAND/UROGI/PATTERSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.