Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:18:11 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

417
ABIO10 PGTW 161800 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/161800Z/171800Z DEC 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/161357Z DEC 98//
AMPN/REF A, TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 161200Z9 TROPICAL CYCLONE 08A WAS LOCATED NEAR 18.0N9
61.6E3, MOVING WESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 40
KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 161500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
     (1) NO SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 10S1 98E7 HAS REMAINED
QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. THIS AREA OF CONVECTION HAS
SHOWN VERY BROAD CYCLONIC TURNING ON THE 161200Z0 SYNOPTIC GRADIENT
LEVEL ANALYSIS. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS NO DEEP CONVECTION
IN THE AREA. THE 161200Z0 SHEAR PRODUCT FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF
WISCONSIN SHOWS MOST OF THE AREA TO BE IN A REGION OF MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO
15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA SURFACE PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1010 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM:
SCHIBER/WAKEHAM/THOMAS/MORRIS/GOODMAN/BROOKS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.