Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:21:21 -0600

992
AXPZ20 KNHC 101918
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC THU 10 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 10/1800 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 12N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 10/1845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
9N88W 6N97W 8N102W 9N122W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 90W-95W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS OCCURRING IN CLUSTERS
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS TO THE WEST OF 122W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST
LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS CHARACTERIZES THE REMAINDER OF THE ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF
11N92W-13N100W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE FROM
10N-22N BETWEEN 108W-120W...CONTINUING NORTH OF 10N WEST OF
120W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.