Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 12:00:13 -0600

597
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/091800Z/101800Z MAR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/091351Z MAR 98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/090751Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
    A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
    B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
    A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
       (1)  AT 091200Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) WAS
LOCATED AT 23.5S0 072.6E5 AND MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 06
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) WARNING
NR7 (WTXS31 PGTW 091500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
     (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
    B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
       (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14S5
93E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.S4 89.0E7 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. SEE REF B (TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION ALERT (WTXS22 PGTW 090800)).
       (2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 10S1 55E0.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE
THE PRESENCE OF A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER.
CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM HAS INCREASED OVER THE
PAST SIX HOURS BUT REMAINS DISORGANIZED. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
       (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SULLINS/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.