Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:28:08 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 191926
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC SAT 19 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 19/1800 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE COVERS REGION N OF 18N BETWEEN 115W-130W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 19/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
3N78W 5N90W 10N100W 12N116W 10N124W 8N130W 8N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM
OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 78W-83W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 99W-105W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN A
30 NM RADIUS OF 9N115W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 127W-132W...AND WITHIN 60-90 NM
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 13N111W TO 13N120W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS OVER
COSTA RICA AND THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS FROM 8N-11N BETWEEN
82W-85W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH LOW PRESSURE AND A
COLD FRONT NEARING THE REGION FROM 23N TO BEYOND 32N BETWEEN
131W TO BEYOND 140W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.