Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 13:04:51 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

436
ABIO10 PGTW 281800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/281800Z/291800Z MAY 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/281351Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 281200Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 02A WAS LOCATED NEAR
13.4N8 60.3E9 AND WAS QUASISTATIONARY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE
02A WARNING NR 3 (WTIO31 PGTW 281500)) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15S6
57E2 IS NOW DISSIPATED WITHIN AN AREA OF TROUGHING AND NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HRS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 94E3
IS NOW DISSIPATED AND NO LONGER CONSIDERED FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HRS.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.