Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 07:32:56 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 241330
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC THU 24 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 24/1200 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE N OF 15N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/0800 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N75W
5N90W 5N100W 8N110W 9N120W 10N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 4N-7N BETWEEN
95W-98W...FROM 8N-11N BETWEEN 117W-125W...AND FROM 8N-16N
BETWEEN 130W-140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED
FROM 6N-8N BETWEEN 76W-78W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS NOTED FROM 8N-13N BETWEEN 110W-117W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST JET STREAM CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE SEEN FROM 14N120W
TO 26N105W...MOVING NORTHEAST.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.