Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 12:13:23 -0600

793
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z MAR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/101351Z MAR 98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/100753Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
    A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
    B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
    A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
        (1)  AT 101200Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) WAS
LOCATED AT 28.9S9 072.3E2 AND MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 18 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) FINAL
WARNING NR9 (WTXS31 PGTW 101500)) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
    (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
    B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13S4 89E7
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.3S7 87.9E4 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.  SEE REF B (TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION ALERT (WTXS22 PGTW 100800 COR)) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 55E0
HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
       (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/HILDEBRAND/PATTERSON/UROGI//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.