Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 28s (fiona) Warning Nr 008

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:33:05 -0600

146
WTXS31 PGTW 201500
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 28S (FIONA) WARNING NR 008
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   201200Z5 --- 22.8S2 58.8E1
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 180 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 22.8S2 58.8E1
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   210000Z3 --- 23.8S3 59.1E5
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
201500Z8 POSITION 23.1S6 58.9E2.
200501Z8 SATELLITE VISIBLE IMAGERY SHOWS THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH TROPICAL CYCLONE 28S (FIONA) HAS
BECOME SIGNIFICANTLY LESS ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.
THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 201101Z5 VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY FROM AIR FORCE GLOBAL WEATHER CENTRAL.  THE WARNING
INTENSITY IS BASED ON CONTINUITY FROM THE PREVIOUS FORECAST.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 28S IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE A WEAKENING TREND
AND DISSIPATE AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE BY THE 12 HOUR
PERIOD.  MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 201200Z5 IS 12
FEET.  THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT
TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).  THE SYSTEM
WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.