Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 07:20:48 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 221318
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC TUE 22 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 22/1200 UTC...
...NEARLY STATIONARY SURFACE TROUGH ALONG 131W/132W
   FROM 14N TO 28N.
...HIGH PRESSURE FROM 15N TO 32N BETWEEN 110W AND 130W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
5N90W 9N100W 6N110W 10N120W 8N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 8N-10N BETWEEN
100W-104W...AND FROM 5N-8N BETWEEN 105W-108W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS ALSO LOCATED WITHIN 90
NM ALONG THE AXIS BETWEEN 111W-125W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 8N-9N BETWEEN 130W-133W.  WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED FROM 8N-9N BETWEEN
97W-99W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS SEEN ALONG THE COAST
OF COLOMBIA FROM 4N-6N BETWEEN 77W-79W.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.