Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 13:47:50 -0600

702
ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800Z/131800Z DEC 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/121355Z DEC 98//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/112259Z DEC 98//
REF/C/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/120753Z DEC 98//
NARR/REF A, TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B, TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION ALERT. REF C, TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 121200Z6 TROPICAL DEPRESSION 25W (GIL) WAS LOCATED NEAR
7.7N4 100.0E1 OVER THE MALAY PENINSULA, MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT
9 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (WTPN32 PGTW 121500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
       (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8N8 71E8 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 11N2 68E4 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION ALERT. SYNOPTIC DATA AND ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY
INDICATE A LOW-LEVEL IS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS BROAD AREA OF
CONVECTION IN THE SOUTHEASTERN ARABIAN SEA. A 121315Z3 MICROWAVE
IMAGER PASS CONFIRMS A BROAD AREA OF CYCLONICALLY CURVED BANDS OF
CONVECTION. DEEP CONVECTION REMAINS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 100 NM
SOUTHWEST OF THE LOW-LEVEL. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATES
GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1005 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD. SEE REF B (WTIO21 PGTW 112300) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.