Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:34:11 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 230131
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC WED 23 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 23/0000 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE FROM 15N TO 32N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 23/0045 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
5N86W 4N90W 4N95W 6N100W 9N106W 7N110W 11N120W 10N130W 9N140W.
SCATTERED CLUSTERS OF STRONG CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 30-60 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 105W-111W...WITHIN 30-60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
112W-118W...AND WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 7N122W
TO 9N126W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 121W-123W...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 126W-130W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 20 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 133W-138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS MAINLY OVER COSTA RICA
AND WESTERN PANAMA FROM 7N-11N BETWEEN 81W-87W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.