Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:33:02 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 180130
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC FRI 18 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 18/0000 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 18N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N78W
6N90W 7N100W 9N110W 10N120W 10N130W 10N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS OVER PANAMA FROM 8N-10N
BETWEEN 80W-83W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NOTED FROM 6N-13N
BETWEEN 104W-114W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS PRESENT
ALONG THE COAST OF PANAMA FROM 5N-8N BETWEEN 82W-85W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS SEEN ALONG THE COAST OF
MEXICO FROM 15N-17N BETWEEN 100W-105W.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.