Subject: Indian-S: Subj/ Corrected Significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 14:21:11 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

486
ABIO10 PGTW 211800 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/ CORRECTED SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/211800Z/221800ZFEB98//
A. NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI 211751Z FEB 98 (ABIO10 PGTW
211800)
RMKS/
 1.  THIS MESSAGE SUPERSEDES AND CANCELS REF A UPON RECEIPT.
 2.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
 COAST OF AFRICA):
    A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
    B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
 3.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
 AFRICA):
    A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
    B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 21S3 50E5
OFF THE EASTERN COAST OF MADAGASCAR FOR 24 HOURS. ANIMATED
INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES MOST OF THE DEEP CONVECTION HAS
DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS.  UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IS FAIR
IN THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT AND POOR ELSEWHERE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 20 KNOTS.  MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 10S1 93E2
SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA FOR OVER 24 HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY
INDICATES A CENTRAL AREA OF WEAKLY ORGANIZED DEEP CONVECTION,
HOWEVER NO LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS APPARENT. UPPER-LEVEL
OUTFLOW IS FAIR IN THE NORTHWEST QUADRANT AND POOR ELSEWHERE.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO
20 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN
24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
 4.  THIS MESSAGE CORRECTED INCLUDE PREVIOUSLY OMITTED ADDEE.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/EMERY/BELCHER//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUHPSGG18090522007

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.