Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 11:26:11 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

219
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/221800Z/231800ZMAR98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2
104.0E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11S2 103E4. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THIS DISTURBANCE HAS WEAKENED OVER THE
PAST 12 HOURS. THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS FULLY EXPOSED
WITH ONLY SCATTERED CONVECTION TO ITS EAST. WATER VAPOR
SATELLITE-DERIVED WINDS INDICATE POOR OUTFLOW IN THE NORTHEAST
QUADRANT, FAIR ELSEWHERE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 15 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.