Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 05s (billy) Warning Nr 015

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 02:13:34 -0600

314
WTXS31 PGTW 060900
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BILLY) WARNING NR 015
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   060600Z2 --- NEAR 21.5S8 115.0E7
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 180 DEGREES AT 05 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: NEAR 21.5S8 115.0E7
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   061800Z5 --- 22.3S7 115.1E8
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 160 DEG/ 03 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   070600Z3 --- 22.8S2 115.3E0
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
060900Z5 POSITION NEAR 21.7S0 115.0E7.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BILLY) HAS TRACKED SOUTHWARD AT 5 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED UPON A
060530Z4 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGE AND IS CONSISTANT WITH AN
060018Z5 MICROWAVE IMAGE. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED UPON
A SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF 35 KNOTS. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 05S (BILLY) CONTINUES TO DISSIPATE OVER WATER AS IT
TRACKS SOUTHWARD OVER THE NORTHWESTERN COAST OF AUSTRALIA. THE
ANIMATED INFRARED, VISIBLE, AND WATER VAPOR SATELLITE IMAGERY
CONTINUE TO SHOW A RAPIDLY WEAKENING SYSTEM MOVING JUST OFF THE
 COAST. THE 060000Z6 UW-CIMSS WIND SHEAR CHARTS SHOW MODERATE
TO SEVERE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR DIRECTLY OVER TC 05S (BILLY) AND
CONTINUING TO THE SOUTHEAST. DUE TO THE HIGH SHEAR ENVIRONMENT,
TC 05S (BILLY) CONTINUES TO RAPIDLY DISSIPATE OVER WATER AND
WILL CONTINUE TO DISSIPATE AS IT TRACKS OVER THE AUSTRALIAN
MAINLAND. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 060600Z2 IS 12
FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 061500Z2 (DTG 061351Z6), 062100Z9 (DTG
061951Z2) AND 070300Z0 (DTG 070151Z4). REFER TO TROPICAL
CYCLONE 06S WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW)FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.