Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 07:27:09 -0600

420
AXPZ20 KNHC 161325
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC WED 16 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 16/1200 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 17N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 16/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
7N90W 7N100W 10N113W 10N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS ALONG THE COAST OF COLOMBIA
WITHIN 60 NM OF 4N76W-7N79W.  SIMILAR ACTIVITY IS OCCURRING
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 95W-110W...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 120W-132W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
IS PRESENT WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 80W-94W.  ISOLATED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS EMBEDDED IN BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS WEST OF 132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS FROM 9N-19N
BETWEEN 110W-118W WITH THE STRONGEST ACTIVITY OCCURRING WITHIN
60 NM OF 14N116W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FROM 13N-26N BETWEEN 120W-132W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.