Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 13:16:55 -0600

754
AXPZ20 KNHC 081914
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC TUE 08 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 08/1800 UTC...
...WEAK 1010 MB LOW IS CENTERED ALONG THE ITCZ NEAR 8N86W.  IT
   IS MOVING WEST AT 5-10 KNOTS.
...1033 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 30N136W WITH A RIDGE AXIS ALONG
   30N134W-23N126W-17N111W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION
   NORTH OF 10N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 08/1845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N78W
8N90W 7N95W 8N100W 9N122W 7N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS WEST
OF 123W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS PRESENT WITHIN
60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 78W-100W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.