Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 07:31:42 -0600

626
AXPZ20 KNHC 061329
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC SUN 06 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 06/1200 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION ALONG 32N120W TO 31N126W WHERE
   IT BECOMES DIFFUSE TO 32N132W.  IT IS MOVING SOUTHEAST AT
   20-25 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF
   115W...EXCEPT IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 06/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG
6N78W 9N84W 10N90W 7N100W 7N110W 11N118W 8N125W 8N130W 8N140W.
SCATTERED CLUSTERS OF STRONG CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 30 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 81W-87W...WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
116W-127W...AND WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF 8N139W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS ALONG THE COAST OF
COLOMBIA FROM 4N-8N BETWEEN 78W-79W...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 111W-115W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 95W-106W...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 131W-135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.