Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 13:16:37 -0600

417
AXPZ20 KNHC 141915
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC MON 14 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 14/1800 UTC...
...1012 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 12N103W IS NO LONGER EVIDENT IN
   SATELLITE IMAGERY.
...DISSIPATING COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N116W AND
   CONTINUES TO 26N121W.
...1037 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 32N136W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
   THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 120W EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE
   VICINITY OF DIFFUSING COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/1845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
8N84W 6N90W 9N105W 12N115W 7N118W 8N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 90-120 NM
OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 105W-118W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
PRESENT ALONG THE COASTS OF COLOMBIA AND PANAMA INCLUDING THE
GULF OF PANAMA WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 78W-82W.
SIMILAR ACTIVITY IS OCCURRING WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
85W-90W...AND 127W-133W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
IS NOTED WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 90W-105W...AND
119W-126W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM
OF 13N113W-15N102W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN
60 NM OF 9N BETWEEN 94W-99W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.