Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 01:06:51 -0500

694
WTIO20 FMEE 040600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/09/98 AT 0600 UTC
WARNING NUMBER       : 3/A1
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 04/09/98 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE  1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.4S/80.6E
    (NINE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS LOCALLY UP TO 250
    NM FROM THE CENTRE, IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT
    WITH ROUGH SEAS, LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR. STRONG GUSTS IN THE SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/09/98 AT 1800 UTC: 9.7 SOUTH / 77.5 EAST
    WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
VERY LOCAL GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT WITH ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
    ARE LIKELY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, DUE TO THE GRADIENT OF
    PRESSURE WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH IN THE SOUTH, AND TO THE
    RAPID SPEED OF MOVEMENT OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.