Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 12:07:57 -0600

556
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/091800ZFEB98/101800ZFEB98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 091351Z FEB 98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 090753Z FEB 98//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 090351Z FEB 98//
RMKS/
 1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
 COAST OF AFRICA):
 A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
 B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
 2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
 AFRICA):
 A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 091200Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (ANACELLE) WAS
LOCATED AT 14.3S8 61.1E8, MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 60 KNOTS GUSTING TO 75 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (ANACELLE) (WTXS31 PGTW 091500)) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 090600Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S WAS LOCATED AT 27.2S
43.7E4, MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 12 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B (TROPICAL
CYCLONE 21S (WTXS32 PGTW 090300)) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
 B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 22S4
045E9 IS NOW SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING AS DETAILED
ABOVE IN PARAGRAPH 2.A.(2).
       (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14S5
126E9 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.
SEE REF C (TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS22 PGTW
090400) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
       (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.