Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 07:22:12 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 281318
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC MON 28 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 28/1200 UTC...
...1028 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 30N132W.
   HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE E PAC NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/1230 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION 7N78W-8N107W-9N114W-
10N126W-10N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION
FROM 9.5N TO 11N BETWEEN 129.5W AND 131.5W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION FROM 9.5N TO 11N BETWEEN
125W AND 126.5W...AND WITHIN 30-45 NM EITHER SIDE 11N136W-
9N142W.

BROKEN LOW/MIDDLE LEVEL CLOUDS AND POSSIBLE EMBEDDED SHOWERS
WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 3N79W-5N100W-5N120W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MIDDLE AND HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ARE NORTH OF THE
ITCZ AXIS S OF LINE 11N118W-33N133W-10N150W...MOVING NORTHWARD
AND CURVING NORTHEAST/EASTWARD AS THEY PASS THROUGH THE AREA
FROM 15N TO 25N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W.

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.