Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 23s (beltane) Warning Nr 006

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 14:20:54 -0600

081
WTXS32 PGTW 182100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S (BELTANE) WARNING NR 006
   03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   181800Z8 --- 21.9S2 39.8E0
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 300 DEGREES AT 16 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM

PAGE 02 RUHPSGG9591 UNCLAS
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY A COMBINATION OF
     SATELLITE AND SYNOPTIC DATA
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 21.9S2 39.8E0
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   190600Z6 --- 20.7S9 37.2E2
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
182100Z2 POSITION 21.6S9   39.2E4
TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S (BELTANE) HAS TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD
AT 16 KNOTS THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE SYSTEM IS BEING STEERED BY
LOW LEVEL EAST-SOUTHEASTERLY FLOW FROM SURFACE RIDGING LOCATED
TO THE SOUTH. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED UPON 181801Z9
ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND CONTINUITY WITH

PAGE 03 RUHPSGG9591 UNCLAS
SYNOPTIC OBSERVATIONS AT WMO 61972. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 181800Z IS 12 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS
SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST
GU). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE  22S (VICTOR) WARNINGS
(WTXS33 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL
CYCLONE  24S WARNINGS (WTXS31 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDATES.//
BT
#9591

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.