Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 18:43:01 -0600

919
AXPZ20 KNHC 050040
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC SAT 05 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 05/0000 UTC...
...1017 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 33N123W WITH TROUGH FROM
   LOW CENTER TO 31N120W AND 26N128W...SYSTEM IS MOVING
   SE 20-25 KT.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS E PAC WATERS SE OF LOW/TROUGH...FROM
   15N TO 25N BETWEEN 115W AND 130W.  HIGH PRESSURE CONTINUES
   TO BUILD OVER E PAC WATERS TO THE NORTHWEST OF LOW/TROUGH.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/0000 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION 9N83W-6N99W-8N112W-
13N125W-9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION FROM
6N TO 10N BETWEEN 106W AND 117W.

WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IN CLUSTERS FROM 10N TO 11N
BETWEEN 120W AND 121W...AND WITHIN 30-60 NM RADIUS 10N131W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED/BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS WITHIN 100 NM EITHER SIDE
21N118W-18N129W...AND FROM 10N TO 22N BETWEEN 130W AND 140W.

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.