Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 26s (donaline) Warning Nr 008

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 21:14:40 -0600

537
WTXS31 PGTW 100300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) WARNING NR 008
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   100000Z1 --- 26.4S2 072.2E1

PAGE 02 RUHPSGG9587 UNCLAS
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 180 DEGREES AT 14 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 080 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY A COMBINATION OF
     SATELLITE AND EXTRAPOLATION
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 26.4S2 072.2E1
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   101200Z4 --- 28.3S3 071.6E4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 225 DEG/ 10 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   110000Z2 --- 29.6S7 070.0E7
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER

PAGE 03 RUHPSGG9587 UNCLAS
    ---
REMARKS:
100300Z4 POSITION 26.9S7  072.1E0.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) HAS TRACKED SOUTHWARD AT 14
KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
A 092332Z9 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY BY KGWC AND
EXTRAPOLATION. THE SYSTEM IS UNDERGOING SHEAR AND IS DIFFICULT
TO LOCATE USING INFRARED IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS
BASED ON A 092332Z9 SATELLITE DVORAK ANALYSIS. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) IS AN EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION WITH
ITS CONVECTION SHEARED TO THE SOUTHEAST. THE SYSTEM SHOULD
CONTINUE TO TRACK SOUTHWARD OVER THE NEXT TWELVE HOURS AND THEN
TURN SOUTHWESTWARD IN THE LOW LEVEL STEERING FLOW. THE SYSTEM
SHOULD CONTINUE TO DISSIPATE AS IT CONTINUES TO SHEAR AND
TRACKS INTO COOLER SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURES. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 100000Z IS 12 FEET. NEXT WARNING AT
101500Z7 (DTG 101351Z1).//
BT
#9587

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.