Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 12:26:24 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

543
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 92E1
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 90E9. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS THE ASSOCIATED CIRCULATION WITHIN THE MONSOON
TROUGH TO BE DISORGANIZED AND WITHOUT SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT.
ALTHOUGH THE AREA OF CONVECTION AND THE CIRCULATION HAVE BEEN
PERSISTENT FOR THE PAST 24 HOURS, THE CONVECTION REMAINS
DISORGANIZED AND MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR CONTINUES TO
RESTRICT SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 57E2
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 5S5 50E5. INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES THE AREA OF CONVECTION  INCLUDES TWO LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATIONS WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH. THE BROAD AREA OF
CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 24 HOURS WITH INTERMITTENT
INTENSIFICATION AND WEAKENING.  ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS
UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW TO BE MODERATE WITH NO ANTI-CYCLONIC
CURVATURE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/HILDEBRAND/SANCHEZ/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.