Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:50:50 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

050
ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/271800Z/281800Z AUG 98//
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 61E7
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 6S6 57E2. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES THE CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA HAS PERSISTED FOR
THE PAST 48 HOURS. 270616Z2 SCATTEROMETRY DATA AND 271200Z2 SURFACE
ANALYSIS INDICATE A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS ASSOCIATED WITH
THE AREA AS WELL. ALTHOUGH THE AREA IS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF
SIGNIFICANT VERTICAL WIND SHEAR, THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION AND
PERSISTENT CONVECTION WARRANT MAINTAINING THE AREA AS SUSPECT FOR
FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO
15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/JOHNSON/TIRSCHEL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.