Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 01:09:46 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 300706
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC WED 30 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 30/0600 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 30/0700 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
5N90W 5N100W 8N110W 9N120W 8N130W 9N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 3N-4N BETWEEN 81W-82W.  ISOLATED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS ALSO LOCATED WITHIN 60 NM ALONG THE ITCZ
BETWEEN 105W-115W...AND BETWEEN 120W-128W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED ALONG THE COAST OF
PANAMA FROM 6N-8N BETWEEN 80W-82W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH
CLOUDS ARE NORTH OF 12N BETWEEN 130W AND 140W IN ASSOCIATION
WITH AN MID/UPPER LEVEL SYSTEM.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.