Subject: Indian-S: 02 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Hemisphere

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:31:43 -0600

650
WTXS33 PGTW 190300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY) WARNING NR 026
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   190000Z0 --- 28.5S5 074.8E9
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 175 DEGREES AT 15 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 28.5S5 074.8E9
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   191200Z3 --- 30.6S9 075.3E5
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
190300Z3 POSITION 29.0S1   074.9E0
TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY) IS MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 15
KNOTS. THIS SYSTEM IS HARD TO DISCERN ON ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY DUE TO ITS INTERACTION WITH A SURFACE FRONT
APPROACHING FROM THE WEST. TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY)
IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE MOVING TOWARD THE SOUTH AND DISSIPATE
AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER THE WATER BY THE 12 HOUR
FORECAST POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 190000Z0
IS 11 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT
INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE
JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE
SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.
REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S WARNING (WTXS31 PGTW) FOR
THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.