Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:22:24 -0600

197
AXPZ20 KNHC 021922
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC WED 02 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 02/1800 UTC...
...A 1032 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 30N140W.  HIGH PRESSURE
   COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 118W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 02/1845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
8N91W 11N110W 11N121W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS ALONG THE COASTS OF COLOMBIA AND PANAMA
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 77W-89W.  SIMILAR ACTIVITY IS
OCCURRING WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 135W-140W.  WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS PRESENT FROM
7N-14N BETWEEN 100W-133W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 90W-100W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.