Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 07:25:40 -0600

079
AXPZ20 KNHC 101320
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC THU 10 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 10/1200 UTC...
...1033 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 33N130W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
   THE REGION NORTH OF 12N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 10/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
9N87W 6N96W 5N110W 9N120W 7N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 91W-94W IN RESPONSE TO THE REMNANTS OF AN ITCZ LOW.
SIMILAR CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED OVER THE PAST FEW HOURS WITHIN
60 NM OF THE AXIS TO THE WEST OF 120W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW
CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS CHARACTERIZES THE REMAINDER OF THE ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS CHARACTERIZE THE REGION
NORTH OF 10N WEST OF 110W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.