Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:05:41 -0600

098
ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/301800Z/311800Z JAN 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GUAM/301351ZJAN98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GUAM/301353ZJAN98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
   (1)  AT 301200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) WAS LOCATED AT
19.3S3 106.9E6, MOVING WESTWARD AT 7 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF
A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) WARNING NR 18A (WTXS31 PGTW
301500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
   (2)  AT 301200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) WAS LOCATED AT
16.0S7 124.9E6, MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45
KNOTS. SEE REF B (TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) WARNING NUMBER 15
(WTXS32 PGTW 301500)) AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
   (3)  NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/SMITH/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.