Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 07:03:21 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 261300
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC SAT 26 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 26/1200 UTC...
...A 1035 MB HIGH IS LOCATED JUST NORTH OF THE REGION NEAR
   34N132W.  HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE EASTERN PACIFIC NORTH
   OF 15N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 26/1230 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N77W
4N89W 4N100W 6N110W 8N120W 10N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 120 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS
FROM 107W TO 110W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60
NM OF THE AXIS FROM 79W TO 83W AND FROM 128W TO 130W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WEST OF 79W TO
INLAND OVER COLOMBIA FROM 2.5N TO 4.5N.  BROKEN/OVERCAST HIGH
CLOUDS ARE NORTH OF 15N BETWEEN 120W AND 140W IN ASSOCIATION
WITH AN UPPER LEVEL JET.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.