Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:52:22 -0500

277
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z OCT 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/210651Z OCT 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 09S9 105E6. ALTHOUGH
THE LATEST INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS NO ASSOCIATED ORGANIZED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION, DEEP CONVECTION CONTINUES TO BE PRODUCED. THIS AREA MAY
BE EXPERIENCING A TEMPORARY WEAKENING. NEARBY PRESSURES REMAIN
LOW AND UPPER LEVEL SHEAR IS MINIMAL. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD. THIS AREA IS THE
SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS21 PGTW). SEE REF
A FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/PATTERSON/GOODMAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.