Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 13:38:08 -0600

900
AXPZ20 KNHC 131937
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC SUN 13 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 13/1800 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION THROUGH 32N127W...AND CONTINUES
   ALONG 29N134W TO OUT OF REGION AT 27N140W.  IT IS MOVING
   EAST-SOUTHEAST 10-15 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 13N WEST OF 110W
   ...EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 13/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 6N78W
10N90W 12N102W 10N110W 9N120W 7N130W 7N140W. SCATTERED STRONG
CONVECTION WITHIN 180 NM OF AXIS FROM 100W-104W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS
EAST OF 80W TO COAST OF COLOMBIA...BETWEEN 110W-113W...AND
60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 125W-129W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS FROM 129W-136W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 113W-117W...AND 60 NM OF
AXIS FROM 89W-91W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 10N89W
12N89W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.