Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 13:01:38 -0500

061
ABIO10 PGTW 281800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/281800Z/291800Z AUG 98//
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 6S6 57E2 HAS
DISSIPATED. CONVECTION IN THE AREA HAS BEEN LESS THAN PERSISTENT
OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. ADDITIONALLY, THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
PREVIOUSLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA IS NO LONGER EVIDENT.  THE
AREA IS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF SIGNIFICANT VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
AND IS NOT EXPECTED TO REGENERATE. THE AREA IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT OF SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/JOHNSON/TIRSCHEL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.