Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 11:40:23 -0600

341
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/161800Z/171800ZFEB98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 161355Z FEB 98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 160753Z FEB 98//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 161351Z FEB 98//
RMKS/
 1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
 COAST OF AFRICA):
 A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
 B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
 2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
 AFRICA):
 A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 161200Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR) WAS LOCATED
AT 21.6S9 087.1E6, MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 13 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45
KNOTS.  SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR) WARNING NR 21
(WTXS33 PGTW 161500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (2) AT 160600Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S WAS LOCATED AT
21.5S8 41.5E0, MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 4 KNOTS.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS.  SEE
REF B (TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S WARNING NR 01 (WTXS32 PGTW 160900))
AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) AT 161200Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S WAS LOCATED AT
22.1S5 64.1E1, MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 14 KNOTS.  MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45
KNOTS.  SEE REF C (TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S WARNING NR 01 (WTXS31
PGTW 161500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18S9
44E8 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE
PARAGRAPH 2.A.(2) ABOVE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18S9
70E7 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE
PARAGRAPH 2.A.(3) ABOVE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: HILDEBRAND/PATTERSON/UROGI//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.