Subject: Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 06b Final Warning Nr 005

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:08:09 -0600

776
WTIO31 PGTW 160300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 06B FINAL WARNING NR 005
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   160000Z7 --- NEAR 22.2N6 82.1E1
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 355 DEGREES AT 26 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 050 KT, GUSTS 065 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 22.2N6 82.1E1
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   161200Z0 --- 24.6N2 82.3E3
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
160300Z0 POSITION NEAR 22.8N2 82.2E2.  ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS TROPICAL CYCLONE 06B HAS CONTINUED
TOWARDS THE NORTH-NORTHWEST OVER THE TERRAIN OF INDIA.  THE
WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON ANIMATION AND 152330Z4 INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON A SATELLITE
DERIVED INTENSITY ESTIMATE DUE TO LACK OF SYNOPTIC DATA.  THE
SYSTEM MADE LANDFALL APPROXIMATELY 151200Z9 AND HAS DISSIPATED AS
IT TRACKED ACROSS THE MOUNTAINOUS TERRAIN OF INDIA. REFER TO WWIO31
PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR
SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.