Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 13:16:00 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

086
ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/191800Z/201800Z JULY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 06S6 083E1.
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES POSSIBLE ROTATION WITH
GENERAL INCREASED DEEP CONVECTION. UPPERLEVEL SYNOPTIC DATA AND
WATERVAPOR WINDS INDICATE MODERATE NORTHEASTERLY SHEAR. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15-20 KNOTS. ESTIMATED MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT
24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.