Subject: Indian-S: Rmks/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 02:44:35 -0600

835
WTXS22 PGTW 090800
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 090751Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE
WITHIN 170 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 12.5S8 91.6E6 TO
15.2S8 83.0E1 WITHIN THE NEXT 18 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA

PAGE 02 RUHPSGG5884 UNCLAS
DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS
AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 25 TO 35
KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 090532Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION
CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 12.8S1 90.0E9. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING
WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 03 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS: ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS DEEP
CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED OVER THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
DURING THE PAST 06 HOURS. EXTRAPOLATION OF 090243Z8 MICROWAVE
IMAGERY INDICATES THIS SYSTEM'S EXTENSIVE LOW-LEVEL INFLOW IS
BECOMING MORE ORGANIZED. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THE
UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IS GOOD IN ALL QUADRANTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 100800Z9.//
BT
#5884

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.