Subject: Indian-N: 01 Active Tropical Cyclone In North Io

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 04:11:53 -0500

372
WTIO31 PGTW 280900
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02A WARNING NR 002 RELOCATED
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTH IO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   280600Z6 --- 13.6N0 60.3E9
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 345 DEGREES AT 04 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   REPEAT POSIT: 13.6N0 60.3E9
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   281800Z9 --- 14.9N4 60.1E7
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 005 DEG/ 08 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   290600Z7 --- 16.5N2 60.2E8
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
280900Z9 POSITION 13.9N3   60.2E8.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 02A HAS BEEN TRACKING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT
3 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
280801Z9 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWING AN EXPOSED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION. WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON CONTINUITY WITH
PREVIOUS FORECAST WITH WINDS BASED ON SCATTEROMETER DATA.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 02A SHOULD BEGIN TO TRACK MORE NORTHWARD AS THE
EXPOSED LOW LEVEL IS STEERED BY SURFACE FLOW. TROPICAL CYCLONE
02A IS EXPERIENCING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND SHOULD BEGIN TO
WEAKEN AFTER THE 12 HOUR FORECAST POSITION. JUSTIFICATION FOR
RELOCATION: 280801Z9 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES AN
EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT
280600Z IS 12 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA
HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT 281500Z6 (DTG 281351Z0),
282100Z3 (DTG 281951Z6) AND 290300Z4 (DTG 290151Z8).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.