Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:05:24 -0600

630
AXPZ20 KNHC 120104
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC SAT 12 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 12/0000 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 120W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/0015 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 9N83W
8N94W 7N110W 9N121W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 118W TO 122W.
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
94W TO 110W AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 130W TO 140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE WITH A SMALL AREA OF EMBEDDED ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN A 90 NM RADIUS OF 10N94W.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.