Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:17:53 -0600

135
ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/301800Z/311800Z OCT 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15N6 83E1
HAS SHEARED OFF AND MOVED OVER LAND WITHIN THE LAST 12 HOURS.
HOWEVER, A 301156Z MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS INDICATES THAT THE
WEAK LOW-LEVEL STRUCTURE PRODUCING THE CONVECTION APPEARS TO BE
LOCATED NEAR 16N7 081E9. WHILE THIS DISTURBANCE REMAINS SOUTH OF THE
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE, MODERATE SHEAR IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE TO HINDER
ANY PERSISTENT DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1004MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
     (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12N3 96E5 IS
NOW DISSIPATED AND NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
     (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11S2 82E0 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 12S3 82E0. A 301156Z6 MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS
INDICATES A SIGNIFICANT DECREASE IN LOW-LEVEL ORGANIZATION. VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA REMAINS MODERATE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/PATTERSON/GOODMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.