Subject: Indian-S: Rmks/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 15:23:31 -0600

072
WTXS21 PGTW 232100
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 232055Z JAN 98//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY SUVA
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE
WITHIN A 160 NM RADIUS OF 15.4S0 123.4E0 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO
24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.  WINDS IN THE AREA ARE
ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 25 KNOTS.  METSAT IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC

PAGE 02 RUHPSGG1443 UNCLAS
DATA AT 231730Z INDICATE THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED
NEAR 15.9S5 124.1E8.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT 04
KNOTS.
3. REMARKS:
THE AREA OF CONVECTION OVER THE BONAPARTE ARCHIPELAGO
HAS INCREASED IN ORGANIZATION.  THE ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER IS TRACKING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST OVER
WATER.  ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES THE FORMATION
OF AN UPPER-LEVEL ANTICYLONE OVER THE SYSTEM CENTER.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 242100Z9.//
BT
#1443

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.