Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 01:10:36 -0600

217
AXPZ20 KNHC 070707
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC MON 07 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 07/0600 UTC...
...THE WEAK COLD FRONT HAS DISSIPATED.
...A 1036 MB HIGH IS LOCATED AT THE EDGE OF THE REGION NEAR
   32N140W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REMAINDER OF THE REGION
   NORTH OF 10N WEST OF 105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 07/0615 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
8N90W 8N110W 9N122W 7N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS EAST OF 79W TO THE
COAST OF COLOMBIA.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/90 NM OF THE
AXIS FROM 121W TO 125W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN
60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 85W TO 88W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS IN THE GULF OF
PANAMA WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 8N79W TO INLAND OVER PANAMA
NEAR 8.5N78W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM
ALONG THE COAST OF COSTA RICA FROM THE PANAMA BORDER TO 84W.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.