Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 19:30:57 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 240128
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC THU 24 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 24/0000 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE N OF 15N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N90W 5N96W 8N110W 11N113W 8N117W 10N120W 9N130W 9N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN
60-90 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 109W-115W...WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 115W-127W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
132W-140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30-60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 92W-99W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 6N122W TO 8N125W.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST
HIGH CLOUDS ALONG AND 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 16N140W
TO 19N123W 27N110W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.