Subject: Indian-S: 01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Southern Hemisphere

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 19:36:44 -0600

999
WTXS31 PGTW 280300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) WARNING NR 007
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   280000Z0 --- NEAR 15.8S4 091.0E0
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 11 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 15.8S4 091.0E0
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   281200Z3 --- 16.1S8 089.0E7
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
280300Z3 POSITION NEAR 15.9S5  090.5E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 11
KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED
ON 272330Z7 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS
BASED ON 272330Z7 SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) IS A COMPLETELY EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION WITH NO ASSOCIATED DEEP CONVECTION. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING
WESTWARD IN THE LOW-LEVEL STEERING FLOW FROM THE RIDGE TO ITS SOUTH.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) IS FORECAST TO MOVE WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD AND DISSIPATE BY THE 12-HOUR FORECAST POSITION
AS IT CONTINUES WITHIN A MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT.
MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 280000Z0 IS 12 FEET. THIS IS
THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING
CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.