Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 01:40:25 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

727
ABIO10 PGTW 080700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/080700Z/081800Z MAR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/080151Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
    A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
    B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
    A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
        (1)  AT 080000Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE)
WAS LOCATED AT 19.6S6 70.0E7 AND MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD
AT 06 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ESTIMATED AT 55 KNOTS
WITH GUSTS TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S
(DONALINE) WARNING NR 04 (WTXS31 PGTW 080300)) AND TWELVE-
HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
        (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
    B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
        (1)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLAND OF SUMATRA NEAR 14S5 93E2 IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 11.2S4 91.1E1. THIS SYSTEM HAS INCREASED IN
ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS DEEP CONVECTION DEVELOPING
OVER A WELL-WRAPPED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. UPPER-LEVEL
OUTFLOW IS FAIR IN ALL QUADRANTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED TO BE 20 KNOTS GUSTING TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
        (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3.  JUSTIFICATION FOR RE-ISSUE:  UPGRADE THE SUSPECT AREA
IN 2.B.(1) FROM POOR TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.