Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 12:51:56 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 261800 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z DEC 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/261500Z DEC 98//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
     (1) AT 261200Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (CATHY) WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.6S3 94.6E9 MOVING WESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED ARE 40
KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 261500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
     (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.5S0
124.0E7 HAS DISSIPATED AND NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2
133.0E7 IS NOW DISSIPATED AND NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL DISTURBANCES.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR CORRECTION: DATE ADJUSTMENTS IN MESSAGE VALID
PERIOD; ADDITION OF AMPN LINE.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/PATTERSON/TRETHEWEY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.