Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 07:35:39 -0600

144
AXPZ20 KNHC 271335
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC FRI 27 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 27/1200 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N128W...AND CONTINUES ALONG
   27W133W TO 25N136W WHERE IT BECOMES DIFFUSE WESTWARD FROM
   THERE.  IT IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEAST AROUND 15 KNOTS.
...1028 MB HIGH LOCATED NEAR 32N140W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
   REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 120W.  HIGH PRESSURE ALSO
   BUILDING INTO THE REGION BEHIND THE COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/1335 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
8N86W 8N110W 9N120W 9N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED STRONG CONVECTION
WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS FROM 117W-122W. SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 180 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
126W-129W...WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS FROM 108W-110W...AND 60 NM
OF AXIS BETWEEN 88W-90W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 95W-99W AND 103W-105W.
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS WEST OF 132W
...AND EAST OF 77W TO COAST OF COLOMBIA.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM
RADIUS OF 11N107W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
60-70 NM OF LINE 11N114W 14N112W...AND FROM 10N-13N BETWEEN
90W-97W. BROKEN/OVERCAST MOSTLY LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 120 NM OF COLD FRONT NORTH OF 25N.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS STREAMING NORTHEASTWARD DUE TO
UPPER LEVEL JET STREAM ARE WITHIN 180 NM OF LINE 22N125W 24N121W
TO ACROSS BAJA CALIFORNIA NEAR 28N115W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.