Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 07:34:16 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 211332
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC MON 21 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 21/1200 UTC...
...NEARLY STATIONARY SURFACE TROUGH ALONG 136W FROM 18N TO 35N.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS E PAC WATERS N OF 15N BETWEEN 110W AND
   130W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 21/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
4N90W 7N100W 7N110W 10N120W 10N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED OVER E PANAMA FROM
7N-9N BETWEEN 77W-79W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS LOCATED ALONG THE
COAST OF W PANAMA FROM 5N-8N BETWEEN 80W-83W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 3N-6N BETWEEN 76W-78W...AND
FROM 6N-8N BETWEEN 97W-101W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
NOTED FROM 6N-9N BETWEEN 102W-106W...AND FROM 8N-10N BETWEEN
130W-135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
OVERCAST JET STREAM CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 150 NM EITHER SIDE
OF LINE FROM 13N128W TO 29N111W.  SIMILAR OVERCAST CIRRUS IS
LOCATED FROM 26N-32N BETWEEN 122W-131W.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.