Subject: Indian-S: 01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Southwest Pacific

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 19:17:33 -0600

294
WTXS32 PGTW 020300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) WARNING NR 023
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHWEST PACIFIC
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   020000Z2 --- 21.3S6 123.1E7
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 135 DEGREES AT 05 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 21.3S6 123.1E7
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   021200Z5 --- 22.0S4 123.7E3
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 155 DEG/ 06 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   030000Z3 --- 23.0S5 124.2E9
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
020300Z5 POSITION 21.5S8  123.2E8
TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) IS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 05 KNOTS.
THIS SYSTEM IS WEAKENING DUE TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
AND INTERACTION WITH LAND.  THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS
PARTIALLY EXPOSED WITH ONLY SCATTERED DEEP CONVECTION IN THE
SOUTHEAST QUADRANT.  THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE
BASED ON 012330Z9 VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 14P (LES) IS FORECAST TO MOVE TOWARD THE
SOUTH-SOUTHEAST AND DISSIPATE AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
OVER LAND BY THE 24 HOUR FORECAST POSITION.  THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED
FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.