Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:31:11 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

224
ABIO10 PGTW 240300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/240300Z/241800Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS REDEVELOPED NEAR 13S 55E. ANIMATED INFR
ARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE THIS AREA HAS BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED OVER
THE PAST
12 HOURS. AN UPPER-LEVEL ANTICYCLONE MAY BE DEVELOPING ABOVE THIS SYS
TEM BASED
ON GOOD CIRRUS OUTFLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 T
O 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS
POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREA.
FORECAST TEAM: SULLINS/JOHNSON/HALL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.