Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 13:28:48 -0600

791
AXPZ20 KNHC 051929
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC SAT 05 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 05/1800 UTC...
...TROUGH ACROSS COSTA RICA ALONG A LINE FROM 13N81W TO 10N83W
   7N85W.  IT IS DRIFTING WEST.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 15N AND WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 8N78W
9N90W 8N100W 7N110W 11N122W 9N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 92W-102W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
112W-124W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 82W-86W OFF THE COAST OF PANAMA AND COSTA RICA.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.