Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 12:51:36 -0500

999
ABIO10 PGTW 031800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/031800Z/041800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 07S7
72E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9S9 70E7. THE CLOUD PATTERN AS SEEN BY
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGESTS THE PRESENCE OF VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR ACROSS THE LARGE AREA OF CONVECTION.  MICROWAVE IMAGERY AT
041315Z4 DIDN=T INDICATE A DISTINCT LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
ALTHOUGH THE PRESENCE OF BROAD TROUGHING WAS EVIDENT WEST OF THE
INTENSE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEX
T
24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION NEAR 8S8 56E1 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS
NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/SCHIBER/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.