Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:34:45 -0600

999
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z DEC 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 100E1
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE AREA OF CONVECTION HAS
BECOME SLIGHTLY LESS ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. IN ADDITION,
THE 211200Z6 GRADIENT LEVEL ANALYSIS CONTINUES TO SHOW TROUGHING
BENEATH THE AREA OF CONVECTION; NO LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS EVIDENT.
DUE TO THE LACK OF A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION, THIS AREA IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
     (2) THERE ARE NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/THOMAS/MORRIS/GOODMAN/BROOKS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.