Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:46:16 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

453
ABIO10 PGTW 171800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/171800Z/181800Z NOV 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/170451Z NOV 98//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.6N8
099.7E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12N3 95E4 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS THE AREA TRAVELLING TO THE WEST OVER THE LAST 6 HRS.
CENTRALZED CONVECTION HAS NOT APPEARED, BUT THE UPPER LEVEL
ENVIRONMENT REMAINS FAVORABLE FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAIND WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 30 KTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICALLNPJ
#HE NEXT 24
HOURS IS GOOD. SEE REF A (W

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.