Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 11:52:06 -0600

002
ABIO10 PGTW 021800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/021800Z/031800Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
9S9 53E8 IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
16S7 61E7 IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS.
      (3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
6S6 64E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11S2 72E9. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUES TO INDICATE A BROAD AREA OF
CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH LOW-LEVEL TROUGHING. 021440Z1
SATELLITE MICROWAVE IMAGERY AND 021525Z5 INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY ALSO INDICATE THIS AREA OF CONVECTION HAS BECOME
GENERALLY BETTER ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. UPPER-
LEVEL OUTFLOW CONTINUES TO BE GOOD IN ALL QUADRANTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (5) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/SANCHEZ/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.