Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 11:55:11 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

289
ABIO10 PGTW 251800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z JAN 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GUAM 251351ZJAN98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1)  AT 251200Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) WAS LOCATED AT
17.9S7 119.4E5, MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAIN
ED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 50 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (TIFFANY) WARNING NR 03A (WTXS31 PGTW 251500 COR
))
      (2)  NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17S8 123E6 I
S CURRENTLY THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING AS NOTED IN PARA
2.A.(1) ABOVE.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 07S7 056E1 I
S NO LONGER ORGANIZED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/SMITH/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.