Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 02s Warning Nr 005

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:03:10 -0500

432
WTXS31 PGTW 300900
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S WARNING NR 005
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   300600Z9 --- 9.6S5 76.5E8
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 240 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 9.6S5 76.5E8
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   301800Z2 --- 10.2S3 75.5E7
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT

PAGE 03 RUHPSGG4898 UNCLAS
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
300900Z2 POSITION  9.7S6   76.2E5. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S HAS
TRACKED TOWARDS THE WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 6 KNOTS FOR THE PAST 6
HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON 300600Z9
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS REMAINED EXPOSED. THE SYSTEM HAS
BEEN SIGNIFICANTLY WEAKENED BY STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND
IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE WITHIN THE NEXT 12 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 300600Z9 IS 10 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30
PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED
FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//
BT
#4898

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.