Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:08:30 -0600

222
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z DEC 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/141357Z DEC 98//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/140753Z DEC 98//
NARR/REF A, TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B, TROPICAL CYCLONE
WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 141200Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE 08A WAS LOCATED NEAR 13.4N8
66.7E9, MOVING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 6 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE 60 KNOTS GUSTING TO 75 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW
141500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
     (1) AT 140600Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (THELMA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
19.7S7 120.7E0, MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD OVER AUSTRALIA AT 3 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B
(WTXS32 PGTW 140900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
     (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 98E7 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 98E7. ALTHOUGH THIS AREA OF CONVECTION HAS
INCREASED IN AREAL EXTENT OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS, ITS OVERALL
ORGANIZATION HAS NOT IMPROVED.  ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY
INDICATES OUTFLOW ALOFT IS POOR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA SURFACE PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/SANCHEZ/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.