Subject: Indian-S: 02 Active Tropical Cyclones In South Indian Ocean

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 14:16:35 -0500

112
WTXS32 PGTW 191500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 35S WARNING NR 002
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   191200Z3 --- 15.0S6 125.1E9
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 205 DEGREES AT 07 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 050 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY A COMBINATION OF
     SATELLITE AND SYNOPTIC DATA
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 15.0S6 125.1E9
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   200000Z2 --- 16.3S0 124.4E1
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
191500Z6 POSITION 15.3S9  124.9E6.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 35S HAS REACHED THE NORTHWEST COAST OF AUSTRALIA
NEAR THE NORTH KIMBERLEY AREA. LATEST SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS
MOST OF THE CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM HAS MOVED ON
SHORE, WHILE THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS LAGGED BACK SOMEWHAT
ALONG THE COAST. EARLIER TODAY, THE TROUGHTON ISLAND AUTOMATED
WEATHER STATION (WMO 94102) REPORTED SUSTAINED WINDS OF UP TO 48
KNOTS, HOWEVER TC35S IS NOW QUICKLY LOSING ITS INTENSITY AS IT
SKIRTS THE COAST AND COMES UNDER STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 191200Z IS 09 FEET. THIS IS
THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING
CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCENWEST GU). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE
34S WARNINGS (WTXS31 PGTW) FOR SIX-HOURLY UPDATES.//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUEDMCB07731091900

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.