Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 13:01:34 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

369
ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 09S9
70E7 IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
              (2) THERE IS AN AREA OF CONVECTION CENTERED NEAR 5S5 42
E6 THAT
HAS BEEN PERSISTANT FOR APPROXIMATELY 18 HOURS. THIS LARGE AREA OF
CONVECTION IS LOCATED WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH NORTHWEST OF
MADAGASCAR. MICROWAVE IMAGERY AT 041458Z2 INDICATED A RATHER
DISORGANIZED AREA OF INTENSE CONVECTION. HOWEVER, FLOW IN THE UPPER
LEVELS OF THE ATMOSPHERE HAS BECOME ANTICYCLONIC AS UPPER LEVEL
RIDGING HAS FORMED ACROSS THE REGION EVIDENT FROM ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMU
M
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.