Subject: Indian-N: Amembassy New Delhi

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 15:04:24 -0500

963
WTIO31 PGTW 202100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA, AMEMBASSY DHAKA AND
AMEMBASSY NEW DELHI
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B WARNING NR 011
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTH IO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   201800Z1 --- 24.3N9 93.8E0
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 060 DEGREES AT 10 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 24.3N9 93.8E0
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   210600Z9 --- 24.5N1 94.3E6
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 015 KT, GUSTS 025 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
202100Z5 POSITION 24.4N0   93.9E1.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B HAS DISSIPATED NEAR THE EAST INDIA ADIZ
MOUNTAIN RANGE DUE TO LAND INTERACTION. THE SYSTEM HAS A
DISORGANIZED PRIMARILY MID-LEVEL SIGNATURE WITH ISOLATED AREAS OF
DEEP CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 201800Z IS 12
FEET. REFER TO WWIO31 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION.
THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON
WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE SYSTEM WILL BE
CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.