Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 13:26:01 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 291923
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC TUE 29 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 29/1800 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 120W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 29/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION 7N78W-6N96W-
10N122W-9N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IN CLUSTERS
BETWEEN COAST OF PANAMA/COLOMBIA AND LINE 8N79W-6N81W-3N81W-
3N77W.

SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION
FROM 7.5N TO 9N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W.

ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 8N TO 9N BETWEEN 116W AND
122W.

PATCHES OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE LEVEL CLOUDS AND
POSSIBLE EMBEDDED SHOWERS ARE N OF THE EQUATOR...S OF THE LINE
7N82W-6N90W-7N96W-8N100W-10N112W-10N133W-8N134W-5N14

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MIDDLE AND HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS FROM 12N TO 32N
BETWEEN 130W AND 140W ARE MOVING NORTHWARD...WHILE THOSE
CLOUDS FROM 20N TO 32N BETWEEN 122W AND 135W ARE MOVING
ANTICYCLONICALLY.

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.