Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:33:02 -0500

215
ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800Z/131800Z OCT 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED 15N6 65E1 IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 15N6 62E8. THIS AREA OF PERSISTENT CONVECTION REMAINS
WITHIN THE BROAD MONSOON TROUGHING EXTENDING FROM THE NORTHERN
ARABIAN SEA ACROSS INDIA INTO THE BAY OF BENGAL. ANIMATED INFRARED
IMAGERY SHOWS SOME ORGANIZATION BUT NO IDENTIFIABLE LOW-LEVEL.
ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AS WELL AS ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY
SHOWS MODERATE WIND SHEAR STILL EXISTS OVER THIS AREA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT TO OCCUR WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS
POOR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/PATLA/PATTERSON/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.