Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 07:33:52 -0600

357
AXPZ20 KNHC 251333
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC WED 25 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 25/1200 UTC...
...1023 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 30N127W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
   THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
7N87W 10N106W 8N117W 7N126W 12N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 85W-87W...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
111W-120W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS PRESENT WITHIN
60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 125W-127W...AND WEST OF 138W.  WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN
60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 77W-84W...AND FROM 6N-13N BETWEEN
103W-111W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS CHARACTERIZES THE REMAINDER OF THE ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF 13N
BETWEEN 99W-103W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF 11N BETWEEN 128W-134W.  ISOLATED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF 13N BETWEEN 89W-97W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.