Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 01:13:16 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 270708
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC SUN 27 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 27/0600 UTC...
...A 1030 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 30N136W.  HIGH PRESSURE
   DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/0700 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N90W 6N100W 8N110W 7N120W 8N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS LOCATED ALONG THE COAST OF COLOMBIA FROM 2N-4N
BETWEEN 77W-80W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 6N-8N
BETWEEN 123W-125W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM
3N-7N BETWEEN 80W-86W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED N OF THE ITCZ FROM
11N-13N BETWEEN 106W-109W...AND FROM 11N-18N BETWEEN 130W-137W.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.