Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 13:06:12 -0500

761
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z JUNE 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
 (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 8N8 69E5 HAS REDEVELOPED EAS
TWARD NEAR 10N1 73E0 OFF THE COAST OF SOUTHERN INDIA. ANIMATED INFRARE
D SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THIS COVECTION HAS INTENSIFIED OVER THE LAST
6 HOURS. ALTHOUGH THE CONVECTION IS EXTREMELY INTENSE WITH ESTIMATED
CLOUD TOP TEMPERATURES NEAR -90 DEGREES CELCIUS, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE
OF SIGNIFICANT ORGANIZATION IN THE CLOUD STRUCTURE.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHI
N
THE NEXT 24 HRS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/COCKS/JOHNSON/TIRSCHEL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.