Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:17:34 -0600

238
AXPZ20 KNHC 141314
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC MON 14 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 14/0600 UTC...
...1012 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 12N103W.  IT IS DRIFTING
   WESTWARD.
...COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N117W AND CONTINUES
   ALONG 26N121W WHERE IT BECOMES A DISSIPATING COLD FRONT TO
   23N128W. IT IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEAST AT 10-15 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 120W
   EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/0615 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
6N90W 7N100W 12N110W 9N120W 8N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED STRONG
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 106W-109W. SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 180 NM OF AXIS
FROM 114W-117W...AND 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 78W-89W AND
128W-132W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 87W-92W AND 124W-128W. BROKEN/OVERCAST
MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 200 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 132W-137W. ISOLATED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 86W-89W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 11N-15N BETWEEN 101W-114W. BROKEN
TO OVERCAST MOSTLY LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED
SHOWERS FROM 10N-12N EAST OF 90W TO COAST OF NORTHERN
NICARAGUA.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.