Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 07:39:14 -0600

080
AXPZ20 KNHC 241336
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC TUE 24 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 24/1200 UTC...
...DIFFUSING COLD FRONT PASSES THROUGH 32N121W-28N130W-25N140W.
   IT IS MOVING SOUTHEAST 10-15 KT.
...1026 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 30N134W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
   THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W EXCEPT IN THE IMMEDIATE
   VICINITY OF THE COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N78W
8N88W 13N100W 9N112W 11N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 78W-83W...WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 95W-103W...
AND WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 125W-134W.  WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS PRESENT WITHIN 120 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 84W-91W...WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
104W-124W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS WEST OF 135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS ALONG THE COAST OF CENTRAL
AMERICA WITHIN 60 NM OF 9N85W-14N90W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.