Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 01:37:26 -0500

958
WTIO20 FMEE 220600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/07/98 AT 0600 UTC
WARNING NUMBER       : 6/H4
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 22/07/98 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION  998 HPA
POSITION             : 9.6S/78.5E (NINE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH
    AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 150 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, IN THE WESTERN AND SOUTHWESTERN SECTORS.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT
    WITH ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR UP
    TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

FORECASTED POSITION 22/07/98 AT 1800 UTC: 10.1 SOUTH / 76.9 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTENSION IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR IS
    GENERATED BY THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE SUBTROPICAL
    RIDGE OF THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.