Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 13:34:50 -0600

145
AXPZ20 KNHC 241932
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC TUE 24 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 24/1800 UTC...
...1026 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 30N127W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
   THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
6N88W 13N100W 8N113W 11N131W 9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 95W-105W...AND WITHIN 90-120 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
122W-135W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS PRESENT
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 77W-93W...WITHIN 120 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 105W-122W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS WEST OF
135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 60 NM OF 14N105W-15N110W.  ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS
OFF THE COAST OF GUATEMALA WITHIN 45 NM OF 13N92W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.