Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 11:37:29 -0500

519
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z JUNE 98//RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15N6 88E6
IS NOW CENTERED NEAR 18N9 85E3 AND HAS PERSISTED FOR 24 HOURS.
131351Z0 MICROWAVE SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGESTS A LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION IS DEVELOPING WITHIN THE AREA OF CONVECTION. 131430Z2
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN INCREASE IN THE BANDING
FEATURES IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT OF THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS UPPER-
LEVEL OUTFLOW IS FAIR TO THE WEST AND SOUTHWEST. HOWEVER,
INCREASED VERTICAL WIND SHEAR APPEARS TO BE INHIBITING THE
OUTFLOW ON THE NORTH AND EASTERN PORTIONS OF THE AREA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 25 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1000 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS FAIR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 08S8 102E3
HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: HILDEBRAND/LUNSFORD/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.