Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 07:25:58 -0600

496
AXPZ20 KNHC 131323
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC SUN 13 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 13/1200 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION THROUGH 32N133W...AND CONTINUES
   TO OUT OF REGION AT 28N140W. IT IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEAST
   10-15 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 13N WEST OF 110W
   ...EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 13/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 6N78W
6N93W 10N103W 9N114W 9N120W 7N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED STRONG
CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS FROM 129W-132W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 180 NM OF AXIS
BETWEEN 108W-113W...150 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W-102W...
WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS EAST OF 78W AND WEST OF 138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM
OF COAST OF COSTA RICA. BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED
CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
FROM 12N-16N BETWEEN 97W-103W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.