Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 19:27:33 -0600

905
AXPZ20 KNHC 160124
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC WED 16 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 16/0000 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 120W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 16/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
7N90W 7N100W 8N110W 8N120W 8N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS FROM 6N-9N BETWEEN
102W-108W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 5N-8N
BETWEEN 77W-80W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
LOCATED FROM 6N-10N BETWEEN 87W-99W...AND FROM 7N-9N BETWEEN
121W-123W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED FROM 7N-8N
BETWEEN 131W-134W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS SEEN N OF THE ITCZ FROM
12N-17N BETWEEN 127W-138W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
FOUND FROM 10N-15N BETWEEN 104W-118W.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.