Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 19:07:24 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 290104
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC TUE 29 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 29/0000 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 20N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 29/0030 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N90W 6N110W 6N130W 7N140W.  NO DEEP CONVECTION IS NOTED.
BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW/MID CLOUDS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS
CHARACTERIZES THE ENTIRE ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NO DEEP CONVECTION IS NOTED.  BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS
ARE FROM 25N TO THE ITCZ BETWEEN 127W AND 140W DUE TO A
MID/UPPER LEVEL FEATURE.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.