Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 01:15:08 -0600

908
AXPZ20 KNHC 170713
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC THU 17 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 17/0600 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/0615 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
4N90W 7N100W 12N111W 10N120W 7N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 101W
TO 106W...WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 106W TO 110W...AND
WITHIN 180 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 110W TO 115W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
FROM 116W TO 119W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
DISSIPATING SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NORTH OF 6N TO JUST
INLAND OVER PANAMA FROM 80W TO 82W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS
WITHIN A 90 NM RADIUS OF 14N120W.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.