Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 01:10:12 -0600

707
AXPZ20 KNHC 130706
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC SUN 13 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 13/0600 UTC...
...COLD FRONT PASSES THROUGH 32N136W BEYOND 30N140W...MOVING
   EAST-SOUTHEAST 10-15 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS E PAC N OF 15N WEST OF 115W TOWARD
   THE COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 13/0630 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION 8N78W-10N99W-9N110W-
8N127W-8N140W.

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED/WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG
THUNDERSTORMS FROM 8N TO 9N BETWEEN 108W AND 112W...
WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS 7N128W...
AND FROM 6.5N TO 7.5N BETWEEN 134.5W AND 137W.

ISOLATED SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 60-90 NM EITHER SIDE OF
REST OF AXIS BETWEEN 108W AND 140W.

WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED MODERATE/STRONG
THUNDERSTORMS FROM 10N TO 12.5N BETWEEN 97W AND 100W.

ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM 7.5N TO 10N
BETWEEN 100W AND 103W.

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.