Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 19:13:44 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 220109
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC TUE 22 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 22/0000 UTC...
...A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 14N131W TO 28N135W.  IT IS
   NEARLY STATIONARY.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 20N WEST OF 110W
   EXCEPT IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF THE TROUGH.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/0045 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
6N90W 9N100W 6N107W 10N117W 10N133W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
101W TO 106W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS CHARACTERIZES THE REMAINDER OF THE ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS INLAND AND WITHIN 30 NM ALONG
THE COAST OF COSTA RICA FROM 8.5N TO 11N.  OVERCAST JET STREAM
CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 250 NM OF A LINE FROM 18N118W 23N113W
ACROSS BAJA CALIFORNIA TO INLAND OVER MEXICO NEAR 27N110W.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.