Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 12:07:42 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

908
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/101800Z/111800ZFEB98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 101351Z FEB 98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 100153Z FEB 98//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 101355Z FEB 98//
RMKS/
 1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
 COAST OF AFRICA):
 A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
 B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
 2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
 AFRICA):
 A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 101200Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (ANACELLE) WAS
LOCATED AT 16.6S3 59.7E1, MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 11
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 90 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS TO 110 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (ANACELLE)
WARNING NR 10  (WTXS31 PGTW 101500)) AND TWLEVE-HOURLY UPDATES
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 100000Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S WAS LOCATED AT
29.3S4 45.0E9, MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 40
KNOTS. SEE REF B (TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S FINAL WARNING NR 03
(WTXS32 PGTW 100300)) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) AT 101200Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR) WAS LOCATED
AT 15.8S4 118.7E7, MOVING WESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 55
KNOTS. SEE REF C (TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR) WARNING NR 02
(WTXS33 PGTW 101500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
 B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14S5
126E9 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING AS
DETAILED ABOVE IN PARAGRAPH 2.A.(3)
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: HILDEBRAND/SANCHEZ/PATTERSON/UROGI//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.