Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 07:37:42 -0600

939
AXPZ20 KNHC 291336
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC SUN 29 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 29/1200 UTC...
...WEAKENING COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N109W...AND
   CONTINUES ALONG 27N110W TO 20N114W.  IT IS MOVING EAST 15
   KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 18N WEST OF 110W...
   EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 29/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
5N90W 7N100W 8N110W 10N120W 9N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS FROM 132W-136W
...AND 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 121W-125W AND WEST OF 139W. SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W-103W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS
BETWEEN 109W-112W...114W-119W...AND 120 NM OF AXIS FROM 81W-86W.
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60-90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
86W-95W...AND 129W-131W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION FROM 14N-18N
BETWEEN 112W-117W. BROKEN MID/HIGH CLOUDS STREAMING NORTH-
EASTWARD MARK SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM ON EITHER SIDE OF A LINE
FROM 10N125W THROUGH 16N120W 21N115W TO ACROSS BAJA PENINSULA
NEAR 25N111W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION ALONG SOUTHERN
COAST OF COSTA RICA...AND NORTH OF 7N TO INLAND COAST OF
PANAMA BETWEEN 81W-83W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.