Subject: Indian-S: 02 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Hemisphere

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:05:00 -0600

196
WTXS33 PGTW 161500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR) WARNING NR 021
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   161200Z0 --- 21.6S9 87.1E6
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 255 DEGREES AT 13 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   REPEAT POSIT: 21.6S9 87.1E6
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   170000Z8 --- 22.1S5 84.5E7
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 255 DEG/ 11 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   171200Z1 --- 22.7S1 82.3E3
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 245 DEG/ 11 KTS
    ---
   36 HRS, VALID AT:
   180000Z9 --- 23.6S1 80.0E8
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
161500Z3 POSITION 21.7S0 86.5E9
LATEST INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S
(VICTOR) IS TRACKING TOWARDS THE WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 13 KNOTS.
THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 161150Z4 MICROWAVE IMAGERY AND
THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON 161130Z2 INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY.  OVER THE PAST 4 HOURS THE SYSTEM HAS BECOME MORE
ELONGATED AND NO ASSOCIATED CONVECTION IS EVIDENT.  THE SYSTEM
IS FORECAST TO MAINTAINS ITS CURRENT INTENSITY TROUGH 24 HOURS
AT WHICH POINT TC22S IS FORECAST TO WEAKEN BELOW TROPICAL STORM
STRENGTH.  TC 22S IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE ITS TRACK TOWARDS THE
WEST-SOUTHWEST THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD.  MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 161200Z0 IS 17 FEET.  NEXT WARNINGS
AT 170300Z1 (DTG 170155Z9) AND 171500Z4 (DTG 171355Z2).  REFER
TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-
HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.