Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 20:34:05 -0500

710
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11S2
61E7 HAS RE-DEVELOPED NEAR 12S2 60E7. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS SIGNIFICANT ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST 24
HOURS WITH ANTICYCLONIC FLOW OCCURRING ALOFT OVER THE DISTURBANCE.
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AT 261700Z6 INDICATES  THAT LOW TO MID
LEVEL FLOW IS TURNING TOWARDS THE CONVECTION SUGGESTING PRESSURES ARE
LOWERING AT THE SURFACE. SYNOPTIC DATA FROM WMO NUMBERS 61974, 61976
AND 61986 BETWEEN 260900Z7 AND 261500Z4 INDICATE WIND SPEEDS OF 10 TO
20 KNOTS AT A DISTANCE OF 2 TO 3 DEGREES FROM THE DISTURBANCE CENTER.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HRS IS FAIR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/SCHIBER/JOHNSON/TIRSCHEL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.