Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 01:13:55 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 290710
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC TUE 29 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 29/0600 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 29/0700 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
6N90W 5N100W 5N110W 5N120W 5N130W 5N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS LOCATED ALONG THE COAST OF COLOMBIA FROM 4N-5N
BETWEEN 77W-79W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
LOCATED ALONG THE COAST OF PANAMA FROM 6N-8N BETWEEN 78W-81W.
BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW/MID CLOUDS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS COVERS
THE REMAINDER OF THE ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS ARE FROM 10N-30N BETWEEN
125W-140W.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.