Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 13:22:56 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

700
ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/201800Z/211800Z JULY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
05S5 086E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 09S 083E1. THE MOVEMENT OVER
THE LAST 12 HOURS APPEARS, AS PER ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY, TO BE DUE TO UPPER-LEVEL NORTHEASTERLY SHEAR. THE
RELATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION REMAINS NEAR 05S5 085E3. ALTHOUGH
AVAILABLE SYNOPTIC DATA AND 201630Z2 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
ALLOW FOR A BROAD AREA OF FIX LOCATION, INDICATING CONTINUING
SYSTEM ORGANIZATION, A 201454Z6 MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS
SUPPORTS A LOW-LEVEL POSITION NORTHEAST OF THE CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15-25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.