Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 07:25:41 -0600

130
AXPZ20 KNHC 301325
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC MON 30 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 30/1200 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N128W...AND EXITS THE
   REGION NEAR 24N140W.  IT IS MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 15-20 KNOTS.
...1021 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 26N124W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
   THE REGION NORTH OF 15N EAST OF THE COLD FRONT...AND IS
   BUILDING NW OF THE COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 30/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N77W
9N87W 6N93W 9N100W 8N110W 10N124W 8N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 77W-115W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
PRESENT WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS WEST OF 120W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS FROM 10N-18N
BETWEEN 111W-121W.  SIMILAR ACTIVITY ENTERS THE REGION NEAR
12N140W AND EXTENDS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE TO 11N136W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.