Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 07:22:28 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 251320
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC FRI 25 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 25/1200 UTC...
...1033 MB HIGH LOCATED NEAR 31N126W.  HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES
   N OF 15N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N75W
5N90W 6N100W 5N110W 10N120W 11N130W 10N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED ALONG THE COAST OF
COLOMBIA FROM 2N-5N BETWEEN 76W-78W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS ALSO LOCATED FROM 4N-7N BETWEEN
78W-81W...AND FROM 9N-15N BETWEEN 124W-128W.  ISOLATED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 4N-6N BETWEEN 91W-92W...FROM 5N-7N
BETWEEN 97W-106W...AND FROM 8N-13N BETWEEN 137W-143W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST JET STREAM CIRRUS CLOUDS WITH TRANSVERSE BANDING
APPEARANCE FROM 13N...JUST NORTH OF THE ITCZ AXIS...TO 30N
BETWEEN 115W AND 140W.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.