Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 13s Warning Nr 012

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 20:19:25 -0600

876
WTXS31 PGTW 230300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 13S WARNING NR 012
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   230000Z5 --- 26.3S1 46.1E1
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 095 DEGREES AT 10 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 26.3S1 46.1E1
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   231200Z8 --- 26.8S6 48.3E5
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
230300Z8 POSITION 26.4S2 46.7E7
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS TROPICAL CYCLONE 13S
HAS WEAKENED TO AN INTENSITY OF 30 KNOTS AND HAS DISSIPATED AS
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT
WAVE HEIGHT AT 230000Z5 IS 12 FEET. REFER TO WWIO 30 FOR
ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN
WEST GU).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.