Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:34:39 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 181932
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC FRI 18 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 18/1800 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 18N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/1900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
3N78W 7N88W 5N95W 5N95W 6N103W 10N110W 10N120W 8N130W THEN
DIFFUSE BEYOND 130W.  SCATTERED CLUSTERS STRONG CONVECTION
WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 7N107W TO 11N110W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 91W-95W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
117W-121W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED CLUSTERS OF MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION ARE FROM
12N-14N BETWEEN 109W-114W...AND OVER PANAMA FROM 7N-9N BETWEEN
77W-83W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.