Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 19:10:09 -0600

176
AXPZ20 KNHC 280108
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC SAT 28 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 28/0000 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N122W...AND CONTINUES TO
   23N130W.  IT IS MOVING EAST AT 15 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 130W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N75W
7N90W 8N100W 9N110W 8N120W 9N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 6N-12N BETWEEN 127W-133W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90NM
ALONG THE AXIS BETWEEN 133W TO BEYOND 140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 6N-10N BETWEEN 87W-92W...FROM 9N-1N
BETWEEN 102W-105W...FROM 6N-8N BETWEEN 105W-107W...AND FROM
6N-10N BETWEEN 110W-119W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
IS LOCATED FROM 6N-8N BETWEEN 94W-98W...AND FROM 7N-11N BETWEEN
121W-127W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED N OF
THE ITCZ FROM 11N-15N BETWEEN 105W-111W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED FROM 30N-32N BETWEEN 119W-126W DUE
TO PREFRONTAL ACTIVITY.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.