Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 01:39:27 -0600

194
AXPZ20 KNHC 260736
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0175 UTC THU 26 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 26/0600 UTC...
...COLD FRONT PASSES THROUGH 32N133W BEYOND 28N140W...
   MOVING E/SE 15 KT.
...1021 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 26N131W. HIGH PRESSURE OVER
   REST OF E PAC FROM 15N120W NORTHWESTWARD TO APPROACHING COLD
   FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 26/0700 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION 7N78W-8N90W-11N102W-
11N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION
IN CLUSTERS WITHIN 15-30 NM RADIUS 8N88W AND 7.5N91W...AND FROM
13N TO 14N BETWEEN 102W AND 103W...WITHIN 15 NM EITHER SIDE OF
8.5N BETWEEN 126W AND 128W. NUMEROUS STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN
60 NM RADIUS 10N104W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION FROM 7.5N TO 8.5N BETWEEN 101W AND 104W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION FROM 9.5N TO 10N BETWEEN 134W AND
135.5W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION
IN CLUSTERS WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE 7N112W-8N114W-8N116W-9N118W
AND WITHIN 15-30 NM RADIUS OF 10.5N118W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN
30-60 NM RADIUS 13N137.5W.

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.