Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 11:27:29 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

681
ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/071800Z/081800Z NOV 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 80E8 IS
NOW LOCATED OVER SOUTHERN INDIA AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 98E7 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 99E8. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS CONTINUED IMPROVEMENT. A 071231Z4 MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS SHOWS
THE DEVELOPMENT OF CONVECTIVE BANDS CLOSER TO THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATES THAT
UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW REMAINS GOOD. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
      (2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 10N1 95E4. THIS AREA
OF PERSISTENT CONVECTION HAS MOVED WESTWARD INTO THE ANDAMAN SEA.
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS SLIGHT CYCLONIC TURNING, HOWEVER
MICROWAVE IMAGERY SHOWS NO ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION. THIS
AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED WITHIN A REGION OF WEAK TO MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
     (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.