Subject: Indian-N: Ref/a/rmg/navpacmetoccen West Gu/181051z Nov 98//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 05:06:20 -0600

928
WTIO21 PGTW 191100
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 191051Z NOV 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/181051Z NOV 98//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 181 00)//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
180 NM EITHER SI?1D ? LJ F?MSSR: 93.5E7 TO 15.0N6 86.4E8
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE D?DAQ(R,JETR8ISSUANCE
OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS
IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT
190830Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 12.0N3
92.1E2.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS: ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE WELL-DEFINED,
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) ASSOCIATED WITH THIS AREA
REMAINS COMPLETELY EXPOSED. THE DEEP CONVECTION HAS SHEARED AWAY
AND IS NOW APPROXIMATELY 93NM NORTHWEST OF THE LLCC. AS THE LLCC
CONTINUES TO MOVE INTO THE BAY OF BENGAL, CONDITIONS ALOFT ARE
EXPECTED TO IMPROVE AND THUS FAVOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. THE
POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT IS GOOD.
THIS SUPERSEDES REF A.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 201100Z4.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.