Subject: Indian-S: 01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Southern Hemisphere

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:29:36 -0600

501
WTXS31 PGTW 101500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) WARNING NR 009
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   101200Z4 --- 28.9S9 72.3E2
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 175 DEGREES AT 18 KTS

PAGE 02 RUHPSGG1728 UNCLAS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 28.9S9 72.3E2
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   110000Z2 --- 32.8S3 73.3E3
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
101500Z7 POSITION 29.9S0 72.6E5.
LATEST VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S
(DONALINE) IS EXPERIENCING STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR FROM THE
WEST.  ADDITIONALLY, THE SYSTEM HAS MOVED INTO AN AREA OF
COLDER WATER.  THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON
101131Z7 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A CURRENT INTENSITY

PAGE 03 RUHPSGG1728 UNCLAS
ESTIMATE FROM AIR FORCE WEATHER AGENCY.  THIS SYSTEM IS
FORECAST TO DISSIPATE AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE AT THE
12 HOUR PERIOD AS WIND SHEAR FROM THE WEST CONTINUES AND THE
SYSTEM TRACKS INTO MUCH COLDER WATER.  MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 101200Z4 IS 12 FEET.  THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN
WEST GU).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION.//
BT
#1728

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.