Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 07:28:09 -0600

764
AXPZ20 KNHC 011328
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC TUE 01 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 01/1200 UTC...
...1016 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 33N122W.  A DIFFUSING COLD FRONT
   EXTENDS FROM THE LOW THROUGH 30N120W TO 24N130W.  THE SYSTEM
   IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEAST AT 10-15 KT.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W
   EXCEPT IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF THE DIFFUSING COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 01/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
8N85W 6N96W 9N110W 11N124W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 90W-98W THEN CONTINUING WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 98W-110W.  SIMILAR ACTIVITY IS OCCURRING WITHIN 60 NM
OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 124W-132W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS PRESENT FROM 7N-13N BETWEEN
110W-124W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN
60 NM OF THE AXIS EAST OF 90W...AND WEST OF 132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS FROM 14N-20N
BETWEEN 116W-124W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.