Subject: Indian-S: Rmks/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:37:43 -0600

112
WTXS22 PGTW 280300
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 280253Z JAN 98//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE
WITHIN A 300 NM RADIUS OF 12.6S9 128.4E5 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO
24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.  WINDS IN THE AREA ARE
ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 25 KNOTS.  METSAT IMAGERY AT 272330Z
INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 14.6S1
131.1E6.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS:
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER REMAINS OVER LAND WITH ABUNDANT ASSOCIATED DEEP
CONVECTION FORMING OVER THE JOSEPH BONAPARTE GULF.  OUTFLOW IS
GOOD IN THE NORTHWEST AND NORTHEAST QUADRANTS, FAIR ELSEWHERE.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 290300Z4.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.