Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 07:20:17 -0600

126
AXPZ20 KNHC 031320
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC THU 03 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 03/1200 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N129W AND CONTINUES TO
   28N140W. IT IS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 20-25 KNOTS.
...STRONG 1048 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NORTHWEST OF THE REGION.  A
   RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM 32N134W TO 20N112W.  HIGH PRESSURE
   COVERS REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W...EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE
   VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
9N87W 5N94W 8N109W 12N120W 11N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60-90 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 120W-134W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS PRESENT
ALONG THE COASTS OF COLOMBIA...PANAMA...AND COSTA RICA...
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
77W-89W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN
90-120 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 100W-120W...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF
THE AXIS WEST OF 134W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF 14N133W-
20N129W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.