Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:07:53 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 231800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/231800Z/241800Z DEC 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 13S4 100E1. THIS
CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A LONG-STANDING AREA OF TROUGHING
SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA. THE CONVECTION APPEARS TO BE MORE PERSISTENT
OVER THE LAST 12 HOURS, AND A 231059Z0 MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS
INDICATED THAT A CLOSED CIRCULATION HAS DEVELOPED. HOWEVER, VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR STILL EXISTS OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA SURFACE PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL DISTURBANCES.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/PATERSON/TRETHEWEY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.