Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 22:11:02 -0600

999
ABIO10 PGTW 240100
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/240100Z/241800Z DEC 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13S4 100E1
IS NOW NEAR 15N6 100E1. THIS CONVECTION HAS BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED
AND MORE INTENSE OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. OUTFLOW REMAINS GOOD EXCEPT
ON THE NORTHERN PERIPHERY. CONDITIONS ARE IMPROVING AS SATELLIITE
IMAGERY INDICATES VERTICAL WINDSHEAR APPEARS TO HAVE WEAKENDED.
MAXIMUM WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM ESTIMATED SEA
SURFACE PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS NOW FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL DISTURBANCES.
3.  JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE:  UPGRADE SUSPECT AREA TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/HERRON/PARKER/BALDINGER/JACKSON/TIRSCHEL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.