Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 07:29:08 -0600

270
AXPZ20 KNHC 021329
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC WED 02 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 02/1200 UTC...
...A 1014 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 32N115W.  A TROUGH EXTENDS
   FROM THE LOW TO 19N118W.
...A 1032 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 30N143W.  HIGH PRESSURE
   COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 118W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 02/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N77W
8N86W 8N100W 10N110W 11N120W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS ALONG THE COASTS OF COLOMBIA
AND PANAMA INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA WITHIN 60 NM OF 4N77W-
7N79W-8N84W.  SIMILAR ACTIVITY IS OCCURRING WITHIN 120 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 99W-125W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
135W-140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS PRESENT
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 84W-99W...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 125W-135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 120 NM OF 13N125W-
28N112W WHERE THEY CONTINUE AS BROKEN/OVERCAST MAINLY HIGH
CLOUDS OVER THE SOUTHWEST UNITED STATES.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.