Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 11:29:48 -0600

240
ABIO10 PGTW 031800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/031800Z/041800Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
7S7 71E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8S8 72E9. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THIS AREA OF CONVECTION IS CONTINUING TO
BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED. A 031237Z6 MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS
INDICATES THE CONVECTION IS STILL ASSOCIATED WITH LOW-LEVEL
TROUGHING AND NOT AN IDENTIFIABLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION. UPPER
LEVEL OUTFLOW REMAINS GOOD. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
TO BE 20 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/SANCHEZ/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.