Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 13:16:29 -0500

676
ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9
90E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12S3 93E2.  ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES THAT CONVECTIVE ORGANIZATION AND AREAL COVERAGE
HAS SIGNIFICANTLY DECREASED OVER THE PAST 8 HOURS. THIS APPEARS
TO BE A DAILY FLUCTUATION THAT HAS CONTINUED FOR AT LEAST THREE
CYCLES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20
KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5S5
55E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8S8 58E3.  ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A CURRENT REDUCTION OF CONVECTIVE
ORGANIZATION AND AREAL COVERAGE. THIS IS MOST LIKELY TEMPORARY
AS SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES INCREASED CROSS EQUATORIAL WINDS
SUPPORTING LOWER-LEVEL INFLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24HRS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.