Subject: Indian-S: 080559z Nov 98//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 23:40:34 -0600

378
WTXS21 PGTW 080600
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
080559Z NOV 98//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 11.4S6 99.7E5 TO 15.6S2 97.4E0
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 080230Z3 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED
NEAR 12.0S3 99.0E8.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT
07 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS: ANIMATED INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATE THE AREA HAS BECOME MORE ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 12
HOURS. IN ADDITION, 072300Z2 MICROWAVE IMAGERY SHOW THE LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS BECOME MORE ORGANIZED AS WELL. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. SINCE THE
CONDITIONS ALOFT REMAIN FAVORABLE FOR FURTHER INTENSIFICATION, THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
IS GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 090600Z5.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.