Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 13:17:04 -0500

730
ABIO10 PGTW 171800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/171800Z/181800Z MAY 98//
REF/A/RMG NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/171551Z MAY 98/
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 171600)//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 81E9 IS NOW L
OCATED NEAR 14N5 88E6 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATI
ON ALERT. SEE REF A FOR MORE DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TR
OPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION AND THE ASSOCIATED AREA OF
CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 83E1 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIO
NARY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES A PERSISTENT CIRCULATION IN THE AREA. HOWEVER WINDS ALOFT D
O NOT FAVOR DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 1
5 TO 20 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. TH
E POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NE
XT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/HILDEBRAND/SANCHEZ/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.