Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 13:33:02 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

417
ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z OCT 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 98E7
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11N2 100E1.  ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS THIS AREA HAS VERY LITTLE ASSOCIATED CONVECTION.
HOWEVER, SYNOPTIC DATA SUGGESTS THE WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS
TRACKED TOWARDS THE EAST AND IS NOW LOCATED OFF THE COAST OF THE
GULF OF THAILAND.  WATER VAPOR WINDS SHOW THE SYSTEM IS
EXPERIENCING MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1004MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: HILDEBRAND/MCCULLOCH/TRETHEWEY/EIBLING//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.