Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:20:51 -0600

399
AXPZ20 KNHC 091917
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC WED 09 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 09/1800 UTC...
...WEAK 1011 MB LOW IS CENTERED ALONG THE ITCZ NEAR 8N88W.  IT
   IS DRIFTING WEST.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 12N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 09/1845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N78W
8N88W 8N100W 8N110W 9N121W 8N133W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 121W-125W
...AND BETWEEN 131W-134W.   WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
IS PRESENT WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 87W-94W IN
ASSOCIATION WITH THE 1011 MB LOW.  BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS
WITH ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
CHARACTERIZES THE REMAINDER OF THE ITCZ.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.