Subject: Indian-S: Ref/a/rmg/navpacmetoccen West Gu/060551z Apr 98//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 15:30:10 -0500

554
WTXS22 PGTW 061930
061923Z APR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/060551Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
A 325 NM RADIUS OF 17.9S7 76.1E4 WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO
BE 25 TO 35 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 061732Z INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 17.5S3 76.1E4.  THE SYSTEM IS
MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 05 KNOTS.  THE NEXT SATELLITE INVESTIGATION
IS SCHEDULED FOR 071800Z6.
3. REMARKS:
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A CENTRAL DENSE OVERCAST
HAS FORMED OVER THE PAST 04 HOURS. THIS DISTURBANCE HAS BECOME
MORE ORGANIZED AND UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW HAS IMPROVED AND IS FAIR TO
GOOD IN ALL QUADRANTS. THIS DISTURBANCE IS INTERACTING WITH THE
TROPICAL DISTURBANCE TO ITS NORTHWEST WHICH IS ALSO THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. SEE REF A (WTXS21 PGTW) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS DISTURBANCE.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 071930Z0.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.