Subject: Indian-S: 2. Formation Of A Significant Tropical Cyclone Is Possible Within

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:06:52 -0600

999
WTXS21 PGTW 231500
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY SUVA
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
200 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 14.2S7 178.1W7 TO 17.9S7
174.1E3 WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 30 KNOTS.
METSAT IMAGERY AT 231130Z0 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 15.3S9 179.7E4.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 13 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS:
THIS SUPERSEDES REF A.
THIS TCFA RE-ISSUED TO ADJUST THE POSITION OF THE TCFA BOX.
CENTRAL CONVECTION PERSISTS BUT ITS ORGANIZATION FLUCTUATES.
OUTFLOW IS GOOD TO FAIR FROM THE NORTHERN QUADRANT CLOCKWISE TO
THE SOUTH-SOUTHEAST. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN
TRANSFERRED TO JTWC GUAM AS IT CROSSES 180 DEGREES.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 241500Z2.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.