Subject: Indian-N: 01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northio

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 07:35:30 -0600

255
WTIO31 PGTW 171500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 08A WARNING NR 019
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   171200Z1 --- NEAR 19.5N5 56.3E4
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 310 DEGREES AT 13 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 19.5N5 56.3E4
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   180000Z9 --- 21.4N7 54.8E7
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
171500Z4 POSITION NEAR 20.0N2   55.9E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 08A HAS TRACKED NORTHWESTWARD AT 13 KNOTS OVER THE
PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 171046Z9 VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON A 171046Z9
SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF 30 KNOTS. TROPICAL CYCLONE 08A HAS
BEEN MOVING NORTHWESTWARD OVER OMAN FOR THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE SYSTEM
IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE MOVING NORTHWESTWARD IN THE LOW-LEVEL
STEERING FLOW AND CONTINUE TO WEAKEN AS IT INTERACTS WITH LAND.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 08A IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE OVER LAND BY THE 12-
HOUR TRACK POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT ALONG THE COAST
AT 171200Z1 IS 10 FEET. REFER TO WWPW30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA
HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE
JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE SYSTEM
WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.