Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:09:02 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

882
ABIO10 PGTW 151800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/151800Z/161800Z APR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/150151Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 150000Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GEMMA) WAS LOCATED
AT 14.2S7 75.4E6 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD WHILE DISSIPATING OVER WATER
.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 40
KNOTS.  SEE REF A, (TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING 32S (GEMMA) WARNING NR 1
7 (WTXS31 PGTW 150300))FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION AND SURFACE LOW PRESSURE AREA PREVIO
USLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 52E7 HAS NOW MOVED SOUTHWARD TO A POSITION NEAR
11S2 55E0. A WELL-DEFINED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CAN BE OBSERVED WITH T
HE 150900Z VISUAL SATELLITE IMAGERY AS WELL AS WITH AN ERS-1 SCATTEROM
ETER PASS AT 15/0635Z.  THE SCATTEROMETER DATA SHOWS WINDS UP TO 30 KN
OTS ALONG THE CIRCULATION=S SOUTHERN AND WESTERN PERIPHERY, BUT LIGHT
AND VARIABLE WINDS WITHIN 60NM OF THE CENTER.  CONVECTION HAS YET TO P
ERSIST NEAR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.