Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 07:43:19 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 301343 COR
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC WED 30 DEC 1998

...COR TO DELETE INFORMATION FROM THE SECTION TITLED
   ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 30/1200 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS EXTREME NW CORNER OF THE AREA...PASSING
   THROUGH 32N139W TO 26N143W...MOVING EAST 10-15 KT.
...HIGH PRESSURE NORTH OF 15N BETWEEN 118W AND COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 30/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION 6N77W-5N89W-5N97W-
9N110W-10N123W-9N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION FROM 8N TO 9N
BETWEEN 110W AND 111W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IN CLUSTERS WITHIN 60-90 NM EITHER SIDE
10N120W-7N130W.

SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60-90 NM RADIUS OF
12N135.5W AND 15.5N 137.5W.

ISOLATED SHOWERS/POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 30-60 NM
EITHER SIDE 4N78W-7N82W...WITHIN 15-30 NM RADIUS 4N83.5W...
5.5N 87.5W...AND WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS 5.5N89W.

PATCHES OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE LEVEL CLOUDS AND
POSSIBLE EMBEDDED SHOWERS ARE SOUTH OF LINE 7N77W-6N89W-
6N97W-10N110W-11N123W-10N140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MIDDLE AND HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS EXIST
FROM 17N BEYOND 32N...EAST OF 140W AND NW OF LINE
29N117W-24N128W-17N137W...MOVING NORTH THROUGH NORTHEAST.

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.