Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 07:22:05 -0600

864
AXPZ20 KNHC 171321
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC THU 17 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 17/1200 UTC...
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 18N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/1300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N78W
4N90W 9N105W 12N111W 8N120W 7N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS FROM 9N-16N BETWEEN 107W-116W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS PRESENT
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 100W-107W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
77W-82W...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF 8N117W-14N121W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST
LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF
THE REMAINDER OF THE AXIS.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE
FROM 15N-23N BETWEEN 104W-128W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.