Subject: Indian-S: To Track Towards The West-southwest Over The Past 6 Hours. The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:29:59 -0500

513
WTXS31 PGTW 291500
291500Z7 POSITION  8.7S5   77.6E0. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S CONTINUED
TO TRACK TOWARDS THE WEST-SOUTHWEST OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.  THE
WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON 291130Z6 VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY.  291130Z6 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWED AN
EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION WITH THE NEAREST CONVECTION
APPROXIMATELY 20NM TO WEST. ANIMATION INDICATES THE VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR HAS WEAKENED SLIGHTLY OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.  THE FORECAST
PHILOSOPHY REMAINS SIMILAR AS TC 02S IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE
TRACKING TOWARDS THE WEST-SOUTHWEST THROUGHOUT THE FORECAST PERIOD.
THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO INTENSIFY SLIGHTLY THROUGH THE 24 HOUR
PERIOD AS SHEAR IS EXPECTED TO WEAKEN.  AFTERWARDS, TC 02S IS
FORECAST TO WEAKEN DUE TO INCREASED SHEAR. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 291200Z4 IS 12 FEET. REFER TO WWIO31 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL
SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT 292100Z4 (DTG 291953Z9),
300300Z6 (DTG 300153Z2), 300900Z2 (DTG 300753Z8) AND 301500Z9 (DTG
301353Z5).//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUHPSGG16632721353

//END OF PART 02/02//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.