Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 19:38:11 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 260135
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC SAT 26 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 26/0000 UTC...
...1036 MB HIGH LOCATED NEAR 34N127W.  HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES
   NORTH OF 18N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 26/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
5N90W 6N100W 6N110W 5N120W 8N130W 10N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS NEAR AND NORTH OF THE ITCZ FROM
10N-18N BETWEEN 123W-127W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF 11N137W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED NORTH OF THE ITCZ ALONG
AND 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 14N138W TO 21N135W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS INLAND OVER
COLOMBIA FROM 4N-8N BETWEEN 74W-78W.  A CLUSTER OF MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS OVER PANAMA WITHIN A 20 NM RADIUS
OF 8N81W.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS ARE FROM 18N-30N
BETWEEN 120W-140W...AND FROM 18N-27N BETWEEN 100W-120W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.