Subject: Indian-S: 03 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Hemisphere

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:23:52 -0600

220
WTXS33 PGTW 181500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY) WARNING NR 025
   03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   181200Z2 --- 25.3S0 74.9E0
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 200 DEGREES AT 17 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE

PAGE 02 RUHPSGG8962 UNCLAS
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 25.3S0 74.9E0
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   190000Z0 --- 28.6S6 73.9E9
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 170 DEG/ 17 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   191200Z3 --- 31.9S3 74.6E7
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
181500Z5 POSITION 26.1S9   74.6E7
TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY) HAS BEEN TRACKING SOUTH-

PAGE 03 RUHPSGG8962 UNCLAS
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 17 KNOTS FOR THE PAST 06 HOURS. VISIBLE AND
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE SYSTEM IS
BECOMING INCREASINGLY DISORGANIZED AND DIFFICULT TO LOCATE.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY ALSO INDICATES A SURFACE FRONT
APPROACHING FROM THE WEST. TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR/CINDY)
SHOULD TURN SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD DURING THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS
AS IT MERGES WITH THE SURFACE FRONT. THE SYSTEM SHOULD
DISSIPATE AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER THE WATER BY
THE 24 HOUR POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT
181200Z IS 12 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 190300Z3 (DTG 190155Z1).
REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S (BELTANE) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW)
FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE  24S
BT
#8962

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.