Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 11:22:06 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

053
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/211800Z/221800ZMAR98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR 24 HOURS
NEAR 11.0S2 104.0E5. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND
211200Z6 SHIP SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE THE PRESENCE OF A LOW-
LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER. DEEP CONVECTION NEAR THE
SYSTEM CENTER IS SCATTERED, WITH POOR TO FAIR UPPER-LEVEL
OUTFLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.