Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 11:06:50 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

164
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z DEC 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/131357Z DEC 98//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/130155Z DEC 98//
REF/C/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/130753Z DEC 98//
NARR/REF A, TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B, TROPICAL CYCLONE
WARNING. REF C, TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 131200Z7 TROPICAL CYCLONE 08A WAS LOCATED NEAR 11.2N4
67.5E8, MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT 7 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 131500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 130000Z4 TROPICAL DEPRESSION 25W (GIL) WAS DISSIPATED
OVER THE MALAY PENINSULA. SEE REF B (WTPN32 PGTW 130300) FOR FINAL
WARNING.
      (3) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 68E4
IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 1.A.(1).
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
     (1) AT 130600Z9 TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (THELMA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
18.8S7 122.6E1, MOVING WESTWARD OVER AUSTRALIA AT 7 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTXS32
PGTW 120900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
     (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 9S9 98E7 SOUTHWEST
OF SUMATRA. THIS CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR 24 HOURS AND IS
LOCATED WITHIN A BROAD AREA OF TROUGHING. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS THIS AREA OF INCREASING CONVECTION IS BEGINNING TO SHOW
CYCLONIC TURNING AND SYNOPTIC DATA SUGGESTS A LOW-LEVEL IS
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONVECTION. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS
OUTFLOW ALOFT IS POOR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10
TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA SURFACE PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/SANCHEZ/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.