Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 14:18:25 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

624
ABIO10 PGTW 051800 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAM/051800Z SEP 98/061800Z SEP 98/
REF/A/RM/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEUT GU/050630Z SEP 98//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FOGMATION ALERT CANCELLATION//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AEA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11S2 79E6,
AND THE SUBJECT OF REF A, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 74E1. SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION IS WELL SEPARATED FROM
THE CONVECTION. UPPER AIR ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE WIND SHEAR IN
THE AREA.  GRADIENT LEVEL ANALYSIS SHOWS A CYCLONIQ CIRCULATION, BUT

THE WIND SHEAR CURRENTLY MAMDBOGIS AREA UNFAVORABLE FOR
DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 10-20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONEM
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3.  JUSTIFICATION FOR CORRECTION: CORRECT 2.A.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/HILDEBRAND/MCCULLOCH/EIBLING//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.