Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 01:22:26 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 280718
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC MON 28 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 28/0600 UTC...
...A 1028 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 31N130W.  HIGH PRESSURE
   COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/0700 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
5N90W 5N100W 5N110W 10N120W 10N130W 10N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 9N-11N
BETWEEN 125W-128W...AND FROM 8N-12N BETWEEN 130W-133W.  WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 9N-14N BETWEEN
120W-124W...AND FROM 10N-12N BETWEEN 133W-138W.  ISOLATED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED OFF THE COAST OF PANAMA FROM
4N-7N BETWEEN 78W-81W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS ARE NORTH OF THE ITCZ TO 25N
BETWEEN 120W-140W.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.