Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 01:34:55 -0600

203
AXPZ20 KNHC 010735
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0735 UTC TUE 01 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 01/0600 UTC...
...COLD FRONT PASSES THROUGH 32N121W 25N126W 22N129W...
   MOVING EAST/SOUTHEAST 10-15 KT.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS E PAC N OF 17N W OF 120W...EXCEPT IN THE
   VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 01/0645 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
6N78W 8N85W 7N90W 8N100W 7N110W 9N120W 9N126W 8N130W 8N140W.
SCATTERED CLUSTERS OF STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 90-120 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 94W-107W...AND WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF
7N114W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN
A 60 NM RADIUS OF 8N117W...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
123W-129W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
CLUSTER OF STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF 16N118W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FROM 17N-20N BETWEEN
117W-119W...AND FROM 13N-15N BETWEEN 129W-135W.  BROKEN/OVERCAST
HIGH CLOUDS ALONG AND 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 14N140W
TO 13N130W 26N110W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.