Subject: Indian-S: 02 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Hemisphere

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:55:18 -0600

221
WTXS31 PGTW 190300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S WARNING NR 006
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   190000Z0 --- 30.2S5 070.6E3
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 095 DEGREES AT 20 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 040 KT, GUSTS 050 KT
   BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
   RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 065 NM NORTH SEMICIRCLE
                            040 NM ELSEWHERE
   REPEAT POSIT: 30.2S5 070.6E3
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   191200Z3 --- 31.4S8 075.6E8
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
   EXTRATROPICAL
   ---
REMARKS:
190300Z3 POSITION 30.5S8  071.9E7
TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S IS MOVING EASTWARD AT 20 KNOTS. THE
WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON 182150Z7 INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THIS SYSTEM IS DIFFICULT TO DISCERN ON
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DUE TO INTERACTION WITH AN
APPROACHING FRONTAL SYSTEM. TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S IS FORECAST
TO TRACK EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AND MERGE WITH AN APPROACHING
FRONTAL ZONE. THE SYSTEM SHOULD BECOME FULLY EXTRATROPICAL BY
THE 12 HOUR FORECAST POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT
AT 190000Z0 IS 14 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA
HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY
THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU). THE
SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.
REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR) WARNING (WTXS33 PGTW)
FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.