Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 13:31:04 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

316
ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/201800Z/211800Z MAY 98//
REF/A/RMG NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/201351Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 201200Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B WAS LOCATED NEAR
23.8N3 92.9E0 AND WAS MOVING NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT 15 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 40 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 50 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B WARNING NR 10 (WTIO31 PGTW 201500))
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 10S1 91E0.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES AN ASSOCIATED
SURFACE CIRCULATION LOCATED WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH. SYNOPTIC
ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE CIRCULATION HAS BEEN PRESENT FOR OVER
12 HOURS WITH DISORGANIZED CONVECTION PRESENT FOR OVER 36 HOURS.
SIGNIFICANT UPPER LEVEL WIND SHEAR IS ALSO INDICATED WITH THE
ANIMATED IMAGERY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO
15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.