Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 19:27:16 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 200124
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC SUN 20 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 20/0000 UTC...
...RIDGE AXIS STRETCHES THROUGH 25N127W 21N122W TO ABOUT
   17N121W.  HIGH PRESSURE GENERALLY PRESENT NORTH OF 15N WEST
   OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 4N78W
5N90W 7N100W 9N113W 12N120W 9N130W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
87W-90W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60-70 NM OF
AXIS BETWEEN 127W-130W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 180 NM OF AXIS FROM 100W-105W. ISOLATED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60-90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 82W-95W AND
105W-109W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN
110W-120W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60-70 NM RADIUS
OF 7N82W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 50 NM OF CENTRAL COAST OF
COSTA RICA.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.