Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 19:30:38 -0600

780
AXPZ20 KNHC 140129
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC MON 14 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 14/0000 UTC...
...A 1008 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 12N102W.
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N125W...AND CONTINUES TO
   28N130W.  IT IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEAST 10-15 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 10N WEST OF 120W
   ...EXCEPT IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N75W
10N90W 11N100W 10N110W 9N120W 8N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 8N-14N BETWEEN
100W-108W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 9N-11N
BETWEEN 90W-92W...FROM 10N-11N BETWEEN 95W-98W...AND FROM 9N-11N
BETWEEN 117W-122W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
LOCATED FROM 8N-11N BETWEEN 124W TO BEYOND 140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED ALONG THE COAST OF PANAMA
FROM 6N-8N BETWEEN 79W-82W.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.