Subject: Indian-S: 01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Southern Hemisphere

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:01:01 -0600

822
WTXS31 PGTW 130300
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ALISON) WARNING NR 011
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   130000Z4 --- NEAR 18.2S1 89.8E5
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 300 DEGREES AT 08 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 120 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 18.2S1 89.8E5
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   131200Z7 --- 17.9S7 89.1E8
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
130300Z7 POSITION NEAR 18.1S0  89.6E3.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ALISON) HAS TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD
AT 8 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND
INTENSITY ARE BASED UPON VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 04S (ALISON) CAN NOT BE DISTINGUISHED ON ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY AS THE CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER HAS SHEARED TO THE SOUTHEAST. TROPICAL CYCLONE
04S (ALISON) IS RAPIDLY DISSIPATING OVER WATER DUE TO THE
AFOREMENTIONED HIGH SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 130000Z4 IS 12 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS
SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST
GU).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.