Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 07:30:43 -0600

689
AXPZ20 KNHC 051332
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1335 UTC SAT 05 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 05/1200 UTC...
...TROUGH ACROSS COSTA RICA ALONG A LINE FROM 13N80W TO 10N83W
   6N85W.  IT IS DRIFTING WEST.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 15N AND WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/1245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
8N90W 7N100W 7N110W 9N120W 11N122W 9N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 96W-100W...WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF 8N113W...AND WITHIN
60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 120W-124W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS OVER COSTA RICA AND THE ADJACENT
COASTAL WATERS FROM 8N-10N BETWEEN 82W-86W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF 8N105W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.