Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 19:31:54 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 310129
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC THU 31 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 31/0000 UTC...
...1026 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED NEAR 31N128W.  HIGH PRESSURE
   COVERS MUCH OF THE REMAINDER OF THE REGION NORTH OF 14N
   WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 31/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N77W 5N90W 5N100W 9N110W 10N120W 8N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 108W-128W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 131W-138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS OVER
THE INLAND COASTAL AREAS OF COLOMBIA WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF
A LINE FROM 1N78W TO 5N76W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
FROM 11N-20N BETWEEN 136W-140W.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH LEVEL
CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 20N138W TO
31N129W.

JEW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.