Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 13:53:34 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

786
ABIO10 PGTW 231800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/231800Z/241800Z MAY 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9
89E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9S9 90E9.  ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY
INDICATES THAT THE DISTURBANCE ORGANIZATION HAS DECREASED OVER
THE LAST 6 HOURS. INFRARED IMAGERY ALSO INDICATES SIGNIFICANT
WARMING OF CLOUD TOPS AND GENERAL DECREASE IN THE AMOUNT OF DEEP
CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20
KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5S5
52E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 5S5 55E0.  ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THIS CONVECTION HAS SUSTAINED FOR OVER
24 HOURS BUT REMAINS DISORGANIZED.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB.  THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24HRS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.