Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 13:48:34 -0600

075
AXPZ20 KNHC 071946
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC MON 07 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 07/1800 UTC...
...1035 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 31N141W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
   THE REGION NORTH OF 10N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 07/1845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N78W
7N86W 7N110W 10N120W 8N130W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 116W-122W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS PRESENT WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 86W-99W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 78W-86W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF
THE AXIS CHARACTERIZES THE REMAINDER OF THE ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE AREA NORTH OF 11N BETWEEN
WEST OF 110W.

FREDERICK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.