Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 12:23:45 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

711
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/161800Z/171800Z AUG 98//
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4S4 72E9 IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 5S5 67E3. A 151825Z2 SCATTEROMETER PASS INDICATES
THIS AREA OF PERSISTENT CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION. THIS BROAD AREA OF DISORGANIZED CONVECTION IS IN AN
AREA OF WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND UPPER LEVEL
OUTFLOW REMAINS FAIR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10
TO 15 KTS. MINIMUM ESTIMATED SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO
BE 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.