Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 11:56:38 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

575
ABIO10 PGTW 281800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/281800Z/291800ZMAR98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 9S9 48E2 HAS RE-
DEVELOPED NEAR 9S9 51E6. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
CONTINUES TO INDICATE AN AREA OF CONVECTION NORTH OF MADAGASCAR.
THE CONVECTION STILL REMAINS SOMEWHAT DISORGANIZED ALTHOUGH THE
OUTFLOW ABOVE THE DISTURBANCE HAS APPEARED TO IMPROVE SOME OVER
THE PAST 12 HOURS. THIS MAY BE DUE TO THE PRESENCE OF A MID-
LATITUDE TROUGH APPROXIMATELY 10 DEGREES LATITUDE TO THE SOUTH-
SOUTHWEST OF THE DISTURBANCE AS SEEN IN 281246Z3 METEOSAT WATER
VAPOR IMAGERY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 KNOTS
TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/SMITH/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.