Subject: Indian-S: Rmks/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 20:32:34 -0600

932
WTXS21 PGTW 010200
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 010135Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY SUVA
2. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT MORESBY AND AMEMBASSY
HONIARA

PAGE 02 RUHPSGG3565 UNCLAS
SOLOMON ISLANDS
3. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
A 200 NM RADIUS OF 12.9S2 162.6E5 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO
BE 20 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 282332Z INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 11.2S4 163.6E6.  THE SYSTEM IS
MOVING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 04 KNOTS.
4. REMARKS:  ANIMATED WATER VAPOR SAT IMAGERY SHOWS ABUNDANT DEEP
CONVECTION SLOWLY INCREASING IN ORGANIZATION.  UPPER LEVEL
OUTFLOW
IS FAIR TO THE SOUTHEAST.
5. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 020200Z4.
AJTWC NAVPACMETOCCEN SENDS.//
BT
#3565

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.