Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 11:43:53 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

759
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/091800Z/101800Z NOV 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/091351Z NOV 98//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13N4 68E4 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 14N5 67E3. THIS AREA OF FLUCTUATING, DEEP
CONVECTION CONTINUES TO BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED. SYNOPTIC DATA AND A
090555Z4 SCATTEROMETER PASS INDICATE A BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
EXISTS WITH THE STRONGEST WINDS LOCATED SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM CENTER.
THE CONVECTION IS IN AN ENVIRONMENT OF WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND
ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY REVEALS FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
     (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9N9 96E5 HAS
DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
     (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
     (1) AT 091200Z2 TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ALISON) WAS LOCATED AT
13.8S2 95.6E0 AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 9 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 70 KNOTS GUSTING TO 85 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 091500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
     (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/SMITH/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.