Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 13:28:31 -0600

899
AXPZ20 KNHC 271926
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1935 UTC FRI 27 NOV 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 27/1800 UTC...
...COLD FRONT ENTERS REGION NEAR 32N124W...AND CONTINUES ALONG
   28W126W 25N130W 22N138W WHERE IT BECOMES DIFFUSE WESTWARD
   FROM THERE.  IT IS MOVING EAST-SOUTHEAST AROUND 20-25 KNOTS
   NORTH OF 26N...AND AROUND 15 KNOTS ELSEWHERE.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W.  HIGH
   PRESSURE ALSO RAPIDLY BUILDING INTO THE REGION BEHIND THE
   COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/1830 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
8N86W 8N100W 9N110W 8N120W 9N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED STRONG
CONVECTION WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS FROM 130W-134W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS
BETWEEN 112W-115W...WITHIN 60-70 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 120W-122W
...AND WEST OF 138W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
150 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 86W-91W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60-120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 92W-97W AND 104W-
110W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS EAST
OF 80W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN AREA BOUNDED FROM 13N-16N BETWEEN 106W-109W.
SIMILAR CLOUDS WITH WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
FROM JUST NORTH OF ITCZ-AXIS TO 13N BETWEEN 114W-119W.
BROKEN/OVERCAST MOSTLY LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED
SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 180 NM OF COLD FRONT NORTH OF 25N. BROKEN
LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 120 NM
OF FRONT WEST OF 131W.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS STREAMING
NORTHEASTWARD DUE TO UPPER LEVEL JET STREAM ARE WITHIN 180 NM OF
LINE 21N124W 25N119W TO ACROSS BAJA CALIFORNIA NEAR 29N116W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.