Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 00:53:41 -0600

312
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z NOV 98//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/141351Z NOV 98//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12N3 87E5
IN THE BAY OF BENGAL IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16N7 85E3. THE SYSTEM IS
NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE REF A (WTIO31
PGTW 141500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
     (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 53E8
HAS DISSIPATED. IT IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
     (2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 9N9 55E0. THE
CONVECTION AND ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION HAVE PERSISTED FOR
THE PAST 12 HOURS. HOWEVER, CONDITIONS ALOFT ARE NOT FAVORABLE FOR
DEVELOPMENT. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO
25 KNOTS. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
     (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/JOHNSON/HALL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.