Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 19:24:01 -0600

999
AXPZ20 KNHC 210121
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC MON 21 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 21/0000 UTC...
...1016 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 26N140W. TROUGH EXTENDS FROM
   THE LOW THROUGH 27N140W 26N136W TO ABOUT 23N136W. IT
   REMAINS NEARLY STATIONARY.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 21/0045 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
6N96W 7N111W 9N120W 10N130W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 180 NM OF AXIS WEST OF 136W...AND WITHIN
120 NM OF AXIS FROM 81W-95W AND 134W-136W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 92W-97W
AND 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 78W-80W...81W-84W AND AND 119W-120W.
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
98W-101W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION OVER SOUTHERN
PANAMA AND ITS ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION JUST INLAND COAST OF COLOMBIA FROM
2N TO 5N. AN AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS
WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
EXTENDS FROM 10N TO 19N BETWEEN 118W-123W. SIMILAR AREA OF
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION EXISTS FROM 20N-32N BETWEEN
130W-138W...AND IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE 1016 MB LOW AND
TROUGH. EXTENSIVE AREA OF CIRRUS CLOUDINESS IS STREAMING
NORTH-NORTHEAST DUE TO SUBTROPICAL JETSTREAM NORTH OF 10N
BETWEEN 115W-130W.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.