Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:41:00 -0600

620
AXPZ20 KNHC 090035
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC WED 09 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 09/0000 UTC...
...WEAK 1009 MB LOW CENTERED ALONG THE ITCZ NEAR 7N87W.  IT
   IS MOVING WEST AROUND 10 KNOTS.
...1035 MB HIGH LOCATED NEAR 34N136W.  HIGH PRESSURE COVERS
   THE REGION NORTH OF 113 WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 09/0135 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
8N90W 7N100W 7N110W 9N120W 7N130W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 123W-130W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS FROM 98W-
99W...AND WEST OF 138W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
50 NM OF AXIS FROM 90W-92W. BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS
WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDER-
STORMS WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS FROM 130W-136W...AND 90 NM OF
AXIS EAST OF 80W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N....
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION OVER CENTRAL
PANAMA. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION JUST OFFSHORE NORTHERN
COSTA RICA.

AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.