Subject: Indian-N: 01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northio

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 15:32:52 -0500

500
WTIO31 PGTW 282100
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02A WARNING NR 004
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   281800Z9 --- 13.5N9 59.7E1
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 290 DEGREES AT 03 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 13.5N9 59.7E1
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   290600Z7 --- 13.8N2 59.5E9
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 035 DEG/ 02 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   291800Z0 --- 14.1N6 59.7E1
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 015 KT, GUSTS 025 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
282100Z3 POSITION 13.6N0   59.6E0.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 02A REMAINS QUASISTATIONARY AND DIFFICULT TO
POSITION. THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO DRIFT NORTHWARD AND CONTINUE
WEAKENING. ALTHOUGH INTERPRETATION OF INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES AN INTENSITY BELOW WARNING CRITERIA, PREVIOUS
SCATTEROMETER PASSES SHOWED WINDS HIGHER THAN THE CORRELATED DVORAK
INTENSITY ANALYSIS HAD INDICATED. DUE TO NEARBY SHIPPING, THIS
SYSTEM WILL BE IN WARNING STATUS UNTIL INTENSITY AMBIGUITY IS
RESOLVED. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 2818Z IS 12 FEET.
REFER TO WWIO31 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION.  NEXT
WARNINGS AT 290300Z4 (DTG 290151Z8), 290900Z0 (DTG 290751Z4) AND
291500Z7 (DTG 291351Z1).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.