Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 12:27:48 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

574
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z APR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/101351Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 101200Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GEMMA) WAS LOCATED
AT 16.3S0 74.1E2 MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 6 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 80 KNOTS.
SEE REF A, (TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING 32S (GEMMA) WARNING NR 08
(WTXS31 PGTW 101500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION NORTH OF MADAGASCAR PREVIOUSLY
LOCATED NEAR 7S7 48E2 HAS BECOME SIGNIFICANTLY DISORGANIZED. THE
CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA HAS DISSIPATED. THIS
SYSTEM IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: EDSON/LUNSFORD/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.