Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:11:07 -0500

536
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z AUG 98//
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST
24 HOURS IN THE VICINITY OF DIEGO GARCIA AT APPROXIMATELY 6S AND 71E.
SATELLITE ANIMATION INDICATES A SLIGHT NORTHWESTWARD DRIFT. GRADIENT
LEVEL WIND ANALYSIS (12Z) INDICATES OVERALL SOUTHEASTERLY FLOW AT LOW
LEVELS WITH THE INTER-TROPICAL BUFFER ZONE JUST TO THE NORTH OF THE
AREA. UPPER-LEVEL CONDITIONS INDICATE FAVORABLE OUTFLOW WITH WEAK
VERTICAL SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20KTS.
MINIMUM ESTIMATED SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS 1007MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT
24 HOURS IS POOR.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/HILDEBRAND/MCCULLOCH/BACON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.