Subject: Indian-N: Rmks/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 16:47:07 -0600

712
WTIO21 PGTW 092130
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 092121Z NOV 98//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
100 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 12.3N6 68.0E4 TO 12.4N7 64.7E7
WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 091329Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED
NEAR 12.3N6 67.4E7.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS:
091329 MICROWAVE IMAGERY INDICATES THE AREA OF CONVECTION IN THE
ARABIAN SEA IS ASSOCIATED WITH A WELL DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION. SYNOPTIC DATA IS LIMITED IN THE REGION. HOWEVER, THE
STRONGEST WINDS REMAIN SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM CENTER. ANIMATED WATER
VAPOR IMAGERY SUGGESTS OUTFLOW ALOFT REMAINS GOOD.  THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 102130Z7.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.