Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 06:18:48 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

760
ABIO10 PGTW 020700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/020700Z/021800Z APR 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8
54E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9S9 53E8.  THE CIRCULATION HAS
PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 24 HOURS.  ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES ABUNDANT BUT POORLY ORGANIZED DEEP
CONVECTION WITH NO DISCERNIBLE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.
UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW IS POOR IN ALL QUADRANTS.  MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT
WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR 12 HOURS
NEAR 16S7 61E7.  ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
AN AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION WITH NO DISCERNIBLE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER.  UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IS GOOD IN ALL
QUADRANTS.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15
KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 25 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1010 MB.  THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (3) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR 12 HOURS
NEAR 6S6 64E0.  ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
AN AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION WITH NO DISCERNIBLE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER.  UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IS GOOD IN ALL
QUADRANTS.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15
KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 25 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA-LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1010 MB.  THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (4) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED 13S4 73E0
IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS.
      (5) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADD TWO SUSPECT AREAS, 2.B.(2) AND 2.B.(3).
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/HILDEBRAND/PATTERSON/UROGI//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.