Subject: Indian-S: 02 Active Tropical Cyclones In Southern Indian Ocean

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:19:50 -0500

600
WTXS32 PGTW 071500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 33S WARNING NR 002
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   071200Z0 --- 15.4S0 73.7E7
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 295 DEGREES AT 09 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   REPEAT POSIT: 15.4S0 73.7E7
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   080000Z8 --- 14.2S7 72.5E4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
    ---
REMARKS:
071500Z3 POSITION 15.1S7   73.4E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 33S HAS BEEN TRACKING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 9
KNOTS FOR THE PAST 6 HOURS.  WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
071100Z9 VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND CONTINUITY WITH
PREVIOUS POSITION.  WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON CONTINUITY
WITH PREVIOUS FORECAST.  TROPICAL CYCLONE 33S IS MERGING WITH
TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S.  VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
THAT MERGER IS TAKING PLACE.  KGWC HAS MERGED THE TWO SYSTEMS
AS OF THE 071100Z9 FIX AND KWBC CAN NO LONGER DISTINGUISH
A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER.  TROPICAL CYCLONE 33S SHOULD
COMPLETE MERGER WITH TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S BY THE 12 HOUR
FORECAST POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 071200Z
IS 12 FEET.  THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE
JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).  THE
SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.
REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S WARNINGS (WTXS31 PGTW) FOR
TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.