Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:09:26 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

790
ABIO10 PGTW 291800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/291800Z/301800Z SEP 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/291353Z SEP 98//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 18N9 67E3 IN THE
ARABIAN SEA.  THIS CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 6 HOURS AND
SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION IN THE AREA. UPPER-
LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE VERTICAL WINDSHEAR IN THIS AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 291200Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S WAS LOCATED AT 8.7S5
77.8E2 MOVING WESTWARD AT 6 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 35
KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 291500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
       (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
  (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8
79E6 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) ABOVE.
  (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/HILDEBRAND/MCCULLOCH/EIBLING//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RUHPSGG21362721751

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.