Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 19:16:26 -0600

450
AXPZ20 KNHC 070114
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC MON 07 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 07/0000 UTC...
...A WEAK COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION ALONG 32N110W TO 28N114W
   27N121W.  IT IS MOVING EAST AT 15-20 KNOTS.
...HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 10N WEST OF
   110W...EXCEPT IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 07/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N77W
8N90W 8N100W 7N110W 9N120W 7N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 8N-10N BETWEEN 96W-98W...FROM 8N-10N
BETWEEN 121W-125W...AND FROM 7N-10N TO BEYOND 140W.  WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 10N-11N BETWEEN
114W-120W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED ALONG THE
COASTS OF COLOMBIA...PANAMA...AND COSTA RICA FROM 5N-9N BETWEEN
77W-88W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS SEEN FROM 6N-8N BETWEEN
129W-132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.