Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:54:17 -0600

152
ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/121800Z/131800ZFEB98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 121351Z FEB 98//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU 121355Z FEB 98//
RMKS/
 1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
 COAST OF AFRICA):
 A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
 B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
 2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF
 AFRICA):
 A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 121200Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (ANACELLE) WAS
LOCATED AT 25.4S1 61.3E0, MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 15 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 100 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 125 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (ANACELLE)
WARNING NR 14 (WTXS31 PGTW 121500)) AND TWLEVE-HOURLY UPDATES
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 121200Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR) WAS LOCATED
AT 15.5S1 111.4E7, MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 70 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 85 KNOTS. SEE REF B (TROPICAL CYCLONE 22S (VICTOR) WARNING
NR 07 (WTXS33 PGTW 121500)) AND SIX-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
 B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BOYER/JOHNSON/BOYD//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.