Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 13:07:17 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

812
ABIO10 PGTW 061800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/061800Z/071800Z MAR 98//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU/061351Z MAR 98//
RMKS/
1.  NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
    A.  TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
    B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2.  SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
        (1)  AT 061200Z9 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) WAS
LOCATED AT 17.1S1 67.0E3 AND MOVING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 12
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS
TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (DONALINE) WARNING
NR1 (WTXS31 PGTW 061500)) AND TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
    (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
    B.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
        (1)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13S4
099E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13S4 101E2. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES THIS DISTURBANCE HAS REMAINED ORGANIZED OVER
THE PAST 12 HOURS WITH NO INCREASE IN CONVECTION. WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY SHOWS FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 T0 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
        (2)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 09S9
92E1 HAS BECOME DISORGANIZED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
        (3)  THE AREA OF CONVECTION NEAR 15S6 63E9 IS NOW THE
SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING, SEE PARA 2.A.(1).
        (4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COCKS/SMITH/HATFIELD/JONES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.