Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 12:43:04 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

633
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE
INDIAN OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z AUG 98//
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5S5 63E9
HAS DISPERSED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. ALTHOUGH MODERATE CONVECTION
PERSISTS IN THE AREA, BOTH ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND
WATER VAPOR SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOW THE AREA TO BE UNDER CONSIDERABLE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.  ADDITIONALLY, MICROWAVE SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES NO DEFINITIVE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION EXISTS WITHIN THE AREA
OF CONVECTION. THEREFORE, THE AREA OF CONVECTION IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT OF SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LUNSFORD/JOHNSON/TIRSCHEL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.