Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 19:52:54 -0600

082
AXPZ20 KNHC 020150
TWDEP
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0135 UTC WED 02 DEC 1998

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W...

PRELIMINARY SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 02/0000 UTC...
...1018 MB SURFACE LOW PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 33N119W.  ONE TROUGH
   EXTENDS FROM THIS LOW NORTHEASTWARD THROUGH 33N118W.  ANOTHER
   TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE LOW CENTER TO 30N118W AND 26N120W.
...HIGH PRESSURE N OF 15N W OF 125W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 02/0100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 9N81W-
8N86W-8N90W-9N100W-9N120W-9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60-90 NM EITHER SIDE AXIS BETWEEN
89W AND 115W...AND WITHIN 30-60 NM EITHER SIDE BETWEEN 127W
AND 138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE...EMBEDDED IN BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED
CLOUDS...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE LINE 17N122W-13N119W-11N115W

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.