Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 18s Warning Nr 018

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 22:07:39 -0600

500
WTXS31 PGTW 090300
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S WARNING NR 018
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   090000Z9 --- NEAR 18.5S4 107.6E4
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 360 DEGREES AT 01 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 18.5S4 107.6E4
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   091200Z2 --- 18.1S0 107.4E2
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 295 DEG/ 04 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   100000Z1 --- 17.8S6 106.7E4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
090300Z2 POSITION NEAR 18.4S3 107.6E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S IS QUASISTATIONARY IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN.
ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE ONLY
SCATTERED CONVECTION EXISTS IN THE VICINITY OF THE FULLY EXPOSED
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. 081540Z8 SCATTEROMETER DATA INDICATES
STRONGEST WINDS ARE LOCATED NORTH OF THE CIRCULATION CENTER. THE
WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED ON 082330Z6 VISIBLE AND
INFRARED SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS. TC 18S IS
EXPECTED TO DRIFT SLOWLY NORTHWESTWARD AND DISSIPATE BY 24 HOURS
DUE TO CONTINUED VERTICAL SHEAR AND COLD AIR STRATOCUMULUS
ENTRAINMENT. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 09000Z9 IS 13 FEET.
REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS
THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING
CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI). THE SYSTEM  WILL BE
CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//
BT
#0000

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.