Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:22:19 -0500

999
WTIO20 FMEE 220600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/04/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 5/F1
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 22/04/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION EX-HAMISH 998 HPA
POSITION             : 16.4S/87.7E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS LOCALLY UP TO 300
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.

FORECASTED POSITION 22/04/99 AT 1800 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH / 85.8 EAST
    WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
SYSTEM IS STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED. THE LOW LEVEL CENTRE IS
    WELL DEFINED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.