Subject: Indian-N: Ref/a/rmg/navpacmetoccen Pearl Harbor Hi/310353z Jan 99//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:55:20 -0600

045
WTIO21 PGTW 010400
010353Z FEB 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/310353Z JAN 99//
OPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FMRMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 310400)//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DLIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBL
O
 WITHIN
155 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 8.6N4 90.0E9 O 13.5N9 83.7E8
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 59 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 312330Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED
NEAR 9.3N2 9.0E7. - 3 -6-53. 8- .9:8,  23-5-NORTHWESTWAOD AT 04
KNOTS.
3. RENARS: THIS SUPERSEDES REF APM ANIMATED INFRARED ACD WATER VAPOR

SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEARN
PERSISTS OVER THIS DISTURBANCE. HOWEVER, A WELT-DEFINEDHLOW-LEVL
RCULATION CENTER CONTINUES TO GENERATE PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION.

IF VERTICAL SHEAR WEAJENS, THIS DISTURBANCE REMAINS IN A FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHER ORGANIZATION. THE POTETIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT

TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN24
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 020400ZRMXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.