Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:07:52 -0500

246
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z SEP 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 5.0S5 62.0E8, WEST OF DIEGO
GARCIA, HAS PERSISTED FOR OVER 24 HOURS. ANIMATED SATELLITE
VISIBLE IMAGERY DEPICTS LOW LEVEL CLOUD LINES CIRCULATING INTO A
CENTER BENEATH THE CONVECTION. UM-CIMSS WIND SHEAR ANALYSIS SHOWS
THE CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A MODERATE WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KTS. THE MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/COUTURE/BRANDON/GLASS/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.