Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 18:03:46 -0600

659
WTIO20 FMEE 260000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/12/1999 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 26/12/1999 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 01  (ASTRIDE)  992
    HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.6S/66.8E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/12/1999 AT 1200 UTC: 12.9 SOUTH / 65.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/1999 AT 0000 UTC: 13.2 SOUTH / 63.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   : THE SYSTEM IS STILL INTENSIFYING
PROGRESSIVELY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.