Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 13:23:39 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 021800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/04/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 10/E
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 02/04/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM EVRINA EX-FREDERIC
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.1S/84.0E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE AND EXTENDS UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN
    THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/04/99 AT 0600 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH / 81.6 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
CONVECTION HAS REBUILT NEAR THE CENTRE.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.