Subject: Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:06:02 -0600

999
WTXS33 PGTW 191500
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S WARNING NR 008
   03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   191200Z3 --- NEAR 14.3S8 74.2E3
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 360 DEGREES AT 01 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 14.3S8 74.2E3
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   200000Z2 --- 14.4S9 74.3E4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
191500Z6 POSITION NEAR 14.3S8 74.2E3. TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S HAS
REMAINED QUASISTATIONARY SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA OVER THE PAST 06
HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED UPON 191130Z5 ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY, AND THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED UPON
SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 KNOTS. THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION HAS WEAKENED AND THE CONVECTION HAS SHEARED OFF OF THIS
SYSTEM. TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S IS FORECAST TO REMAIN QUASISTATIONARY
AND DISSIPATE COMPLETELY IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT
WAVE HEIGHT AT 191200Z3 IS 12 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN
WEST GU). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE  28S (ELAINE) WARNINGS
(WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE
30S (VANCE) WARNINGS (WTXS34 PGTW) FOR SIX-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.