Subject: Indian-N: Immediate Delivery Req To Amconsul Calcutta And Amembassy Dhaka

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:36:31 -0500

404
WTIO31 PGTW 291500
SUBJ:   TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B WARNING NR 008
      01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
      MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
        ---
      WARNING POSITION:
      291200Z4 --- NEAR 20.7N9 85.9E2
          MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 330 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
          POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
          POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
      PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
      MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 115 KT, GUSTS 140 KT
      DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
      RADIUS OF 100 KT WINDS - 020 NM OVER WATER
      RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 065 NM EAST SEMICIRCLE

OVER WATER
                                                        050 NM
ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
      RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 100 NM EAST SEMICIRCLE

OVER WATER
                                                        070 NM
ELSEWHERE OVER WATER
      REPEAT POSIT: 20.7N9 85.9E2
        ---
      FORECASTS:
      12 HRS, VALID AT:
      300000Z3 --- 21.6N9 85.2E5
      MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 070 KT, GUSTS 085 KT
      DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
      RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 025 NM OVER WATER
      RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 065 NM OVER WATER
      VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 000 DEG/ 11 KTS
        ---
      24 HRS, VALID AT:
      301200Z6 --- 23.8N3 85.3E6
      MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
      BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL
        ---
REMARKS:
291500Z7 POSITION NEAR 20.9N1 85.7E0.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 05B HAS TRACKED NORTHWESTWARD AT 6 KNOTS
DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. TC 05B HAS MADE LANDFALL SOUTHEAST OF
CUTTACK, INDIA, AND IS NOW LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 35 NM NORTHWEST OF
CUTTACK. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 291130Z6 INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE
CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 115 KNOTS. TC 05B REMAINS UNDER THE
STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AND IS FORECAST TO TRACK

NORTHWESTWARD. TC 05B HAS BECOME MORE DISORGANIZED AS IT INTERACTS
WITH LAND AND MOVES INTO AN INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
ENVIRONMENT. CONTINUED INTERACTION WITH LAND AND STRONG VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR WILL WEAKEN THE SYSTEM THROUGHOUT THE NEXT 24 HOURS. TC
05B IS FORECASTED TO BEGIN EXTRATROPICAL TRANSITION AS IT TRACKS
CLOSER TO THE BOUNDARY TO THE NORTH. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT

AT 291200Z4 IS 12 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 RJTX FOR ADDITIONAL SEA
HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT 300300Z6 (DTG 300151Z0).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.