Subject: Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 05b Warning Nr 012

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 07:52:25 -0600

849
WTIO31 PGTW 311500
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B WARNING NR 012
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   311200Z7 --- NEAR 19.4N4 86.1E5
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 180 DEGREES AT 03 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 19.4N4 86.1E5
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   010000Z1 --- 19.1N1 85.5E8
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 05 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   011200Z4 --- 18.9N8 84.4E6
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
311500Z0 POSITION NEAR 19.3N3 86.0E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 05B HAS DRIFTED SLOWLY SOUTHWARD AT 03 KNOTS
DURING THE PAST 06 HOURS, AND IS NOW LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 20 NM
EAST-SOUTHEAST OF PURI, INDIA. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON THE
311130Z9 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
ON INFRARED SATELLITE INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 35 KNOTS. ANIMATED
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATES SIGNIFICANT DRY AIR ENTRAINMENT INTO
TC 05B AND DEPICTS MOISTURE ADVECTION TO THE NORTHEAST. ANIMATED
INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICT RAPIDLY DISSIPATING
CONVECTION ALONG THE WESTERN EDGE OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO THE
AFOREMENTIONED DRY AIR ENTRAINMENT. ISOLATED CONVECTION HAS
PERSISTED ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF THE SYSTEM, BUT APPEARS TO BE
MOVING NORTHEASTWARD UNDER THE MID-LEVEL STEERING INFLUENCE AND AWAY
FROM THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B IS
FORECAST TO TRACK SLOWLY SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD UNDER WEAK STEERING
FROM THE RIDGE TO THE NORTHWEST THROUGH 12 HOURS. THEN, IT SHOULD
TRACK MORE WESTWARD AS THE RIDGE OVER INDIA BUILDS NORTH OF TC 05B.
TC 05B IS EXPECTED TO WEAKEN SLOWLY DUE TO CONTINUED INTERACTION
WITH DRIER AIR FROM THE WEST AND INTERACTION WITH LAND NEAR THE 24-
HOUR POINT. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 311200Z7 IS 09 FEET.
REFER TO WWIO31 RJTX FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT
WARNINGS AT 010300Z4 (DTG 010151Z8).//
BT
#0001

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.