Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 00:51:05 -0600

482
WTIO20 FMEE 290600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 29/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 01  (ASTRIDE)
    992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.6S/56.4E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE EASTERN AND
    SOUTHERN SECTORS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC: 15.6 SOUTH/55.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC: 15.4 SOUTH/54.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS SLOWED DOWN SINCE
    YESTERDAY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.