Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 12:45:00 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 011800

PAN PAN
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/04/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 6/E
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 01/04/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE EVRINA EX-FREDERIC 945
    HPA
POSITION             : 17.9S/88.8E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/04/99 AT 0600 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH / 87.6 EAST
    WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM STILL TRACKS WESTWARD. ITS CENTRE IS UNDER CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.