Subject: Indian-N: In/the Southwest Indian Ocean///date: 99/11/03

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 07:20:27 -0600

873
WTIO20 FMEE 031200
BULLETIN FOR CYCLONIC ACTIVITY AND SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER
IN/THE SOUTHWEST  INDIAN OCEAN///DATE:  99/11/03
AT 1200 UTC//PART 1 :
WARNING SUMMARY : Nil//// PART 2 :
TROPICAL WEATHER DIS& CUSSION :
No remarkable change has occurred during the past 24 hours.
Within/the weak low pressure area associated to the near equ& atorial
trough/axis, extending, east of 60E, from 06 to 08S from east to
west,/weak to moderate convection is still present, under diurnal
cycle./The southern leg of fluctuating convection along 11/13 S has
lost/activity, while convection is slightly more active & on
the/equatorial side of the trough, north and east of
Diego-Garcia,/where it remains under moderate easterly to
northeasterly sheared/conditions, due to the persisting presence of
an upper level ridge/axis along 11 S./No well-defined low level
circulation can be detected on surface./However scatterometer data
indicate the existence of several/minima, only the main one being
discernable on a& nimated satellite/imagery. Located near 06S/83E, it
is associated to winds of 05/15/kt near the centre and to its
south, but with westerlies of 15/20/kt, reaching locally 25 kt, in a
wide northern sector.//For the next 24 hours, potential for
development of a tropical/depression remains poor.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.