Subject: Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 19:57:27 -0600

999
WTXS33 PGTW 190300
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S WARNING NR 007
   03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   190000Z0 --- NEAR 14.6S1 74.0E1
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 070 DEGREES AT 03 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   REPEAT POSIT: NEAR 14.6S1 74.0E1
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   191200Z3 --- 14.6S1 74.3E4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 115 DEG/ 01 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   200000Z2 --- 14.7S2 74.5E6
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 135 DEG/ 01 KTS
    ---
   36 HRS, VALID AT:
   201200Z5 --- 14.9S4 74.7E8
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
190300Z3 POSITION NEAR 14.6S1 74.1E2.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S HAS TRACKED EAST-NORTHEASTWARD SOUTH OF DIEGO
GARCIA OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED UPON
181730Z0 ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY, AND THE WARNING
INTENSITY IS BASED UPON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30
KNOTS. ALTHOUGH THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS DIFFICULT TO PINPOINT
USING INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY, THE AVAILABLE IMAGERY DOES
INDICATE THE SYSTEM IS STILL UNDERGOING MODERATE VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR. TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S IS FORECAST TO TRACK SLOWLY TO THE EAST
IN A WEAK STEERING ENVIRONMENT AND THE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR SHOULD
PROHIBIT IT FROM STRENGTHENING OVER THE FORECAST PERIOD. TROPICAL
CYCLONE 29S IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE OVER WATER BY THE 36 HOUR
FORECAST POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 190000Z0 IS 12
FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION.
NEXT WARNINGS AT 191500Z6 (DTG 191355Z4) AND 200300Z5 (DTG 200155Z3).
REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE  28S (ELAINE) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR
SIX-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 30S (VANCE) WARNINGS
(WTXS34 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//
BT
#0007

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.