Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 01:04:08 -0600

457
WTIO20 FMEE 310600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 1/C1
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 31/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION  997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.8S/86.2E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  18 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 31/01/99 AT 1800 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH / 83.0 EAST
    DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
ASYMMETRICAL SYSTEM WITH WINDS CLEARLY STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR (POSSIBILITY OF LOCAL GALE FORCE WINDS) DUE TO THE
    FAST MOVEMENT AND THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE HIGH IN
    THE SOUTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.