Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 06:44:24 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 311200

PAN PAN
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/03/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 1/E4
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 31/03/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE FREDERIC 915 HPA
POSITION             : 17.6S/92.1E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND NINETY TWO DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 140
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 180 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/99 AT 0000 UTC: 17.8 SOUTH / 90.2 EAST
    WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE CENTRE OF THE SYSTEM IS STILL IN THE AUSTRALIAN AREA (NAME OF
    FREDERIC). IT SHOULD CROSS MERIDIAN 90 EAST DURING NEXT
    NIGHT, AND IF SO BE RENAMED EVRINA.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.