Subject: Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:02:15 -0500

999
WTXS31 PGTW 240300
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 33S (HAMISH) WARNING NR 010
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   240000Z6 --- NEAR 16.2S9 83.4E5
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 16.2S9 83.4E5
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   241200Z9 --- 16.2S9 82.2E2
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
240300Z9 POSITION NEAR 16.2S9  83.1E2.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 33S (HAMISH) HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS OVER
THE LAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY ARE BASED UPON
232330Z3 ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY WITH SATELLITE CURRENT
INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS. TROPICAL CYCLONE 33S CONTINUES TO
TRACK WESTWARD UNDER THE STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE LOW LEVEL RIDGE
LOCATED TO ITS SOUTHWEST. THE SYSTEM IS STILL EXPERIENCING MODERATE
TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND TC 33S IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE
AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE BY THE 12-HOUR FORECAST POSITION.
MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 240000Z6 IS 10 FEET. THIS IS THE
FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN HI).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS
OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.