Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 13:22:09 -0500

999
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z APR 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE ELONGATED AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
5N5 85E3 IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED FOR POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
22S4 68E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 23S5 67E3. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY CONTINUES TO DEPICT AN EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION WITH
LITTLE DEEP CONVECTION MOVING SLOWLY IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1009 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 85.2E5
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA OVER THE PAST 24
HOURS. ANIMATE VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUES TO
SHOW AN AREA OF SCATTERED CONVECTION. THE 101200Z4 SURFACE ANALYSIS
INDICATES A STRONG LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION BENEATH THE CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/LAFRAMBOISE/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.