Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 06:47:13 -0600

379
WTIO20 FMEE 301200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 10/B
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 30/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE EX-BIRENDA  1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.5S/80.0E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 180 NM FROM
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS REACHING
    LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 31/01/99 AT 0000 UTC: 15.6 SOUTH / 78.0 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM HAS CLEARLY WEAKENED, HOWEVER, STRONG WINDS PERSIST IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH
    THE HIGH IN THE SOUTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.