Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:04:02 -0500

555
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z OCT 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/180753Z OCT 99/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 180600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 04B WAS LOCATED NEAR 21.1N4
84.6E8 AND WAS MOVING NORTHWARD AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE 65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW
180900) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED OVER THE ANDAMAN
ISLANDS IN THE BAY OF BENGAL NEAR 12N3 91E0 FOR OVER 12 HOURS. UW
CIMSS CHARTS DEPICT A REGION OF MODERATE VERTICAL WINDSHEAR. THE
181200Z2 SURFACE ANALYSIS INDICATES A BROAD TROUGH IS BENEATH THE
CONVECTION. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS 1007 MB. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/PARKER/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.