Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 01:06:44 -0600

958
WTIO20 FMEE 270600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 27/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 01(ASTRIDE) 985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.3S/62.1E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND WESTERN SECTORS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/ 60.4 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/ 59.1 EAST
DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   : CENTRE HAS BEEN RELOCATED NORTHWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.