Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 08:59:32 -0500

200
ABIO10 PGTW 230900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/230900Z/231800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11N2 87.5E0
IS CURRENTLY MOVING INTO SOUTHERN INDIA AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED
SUSPECT FOR POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 74E1 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.4S3 72E9, SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA. A 230340Z2
SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICTS A TIGHTLY WRAPPED LOW-LE
VEL
CIRCULATION CENTER WITH ISOLATED CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS ALSO
DEPICTS A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
AND FAIR UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE HAVE HINDERED DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED T
O
FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADE AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/COUTURE/NEAULT/THOMAS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.