Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 13:14:30 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 061800

PAN PAN
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/03/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 19/D
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 06/03/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE DAVINA  940 HPA
POSITION             : 15.9S/75.6E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 180 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/99 AT 0600 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH / 72.7 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO INTENSIFY PROGESSIVELY. IT ACCELARATES A
    LITTLE LAST HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.