Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 12:32:39 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 021800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/021800Z MAY 99/031800Z MAY 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.7N0 88E6
HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE WESTERN BAY OF BENGAL AND IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) NO FURTHER AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.4S8
90.6E5 SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY. ANIMATED
VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A WEAK DISORGANIZED
AREA OF CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES THIS CONVECTION LIES
WITHIN THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. MAXIMUM WINDS ARE ESTIMATED NEAR
10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO FURTHER AREAS.
3. INFORMATION FOR OUR CUSTOMERS: AS OF 01 MAY, 1999, CERTAIN
CHANGES TOOK PLACE IN THE MANOP HEADERS USED BY THE NAVAL PACIFIC
METEOROLOGY AND OCEANOGRAPHIC CENTER FOR CENTRAL PACIFIC AND EASTERN
PACIFIC PRODUCTS. ALTHOUGH NONE OF THESE WILL AFFECT JTWC PRODUCTS
DIRECTLY, CUSTOMERS WHO EMPLOY LOCALLY GENERATED AUTOMATIC PARSING
ROUTINES SHOULD NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING HEADERS WILL BE SIMILAR TO
JTWC HEADERS:
WHPN 21-25 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPN 21-25 PHNC
WHPN 31-35 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPN 31-35 PHNC
WHPS 21-25 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPS 21-25 PHNC
WHPS 31-35 PHNC CHANGES TO WTPS 31-35 PHNC
PLEASE TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION TO UPDATE YOUR PROGRAMS, IF REQUIRED.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/ROBERTS/MORRIS/MAYER/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.