Subject: Indian-S: Ref/a/rmg/navpacmetoccen Pearl Harbor Hi/251821z Feb 99//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 23:30:09 -0600

243
WTXS21 PGTW 261830
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 261821Z FEB 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/251821Z FEB 99//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS21 PGTW 251830)//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
A 200 NM RADIUS OF 21.1S4 37.5E5 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO
BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 261102Z2 INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 20.7S9 36.9E8.  THE SYSTEM IS
QUASI-STATIONARY.
3. REMARKS: THIS SUPERSEDES REF A. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUES TO SHOW A QUASI-STATIONARY LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER NORTHEAST OF MAPUTO, MOZAMBIQUE. CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA IS BEING ADVECTED TO THE SOUTHEAST AS IT
IS IN A MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. SYNOPTIC DATA IN
THE AREA INDICATES A 2 MB PRESSURE FALL THROUGHOUT THE AREA. A
260711Z7 SCATTEROMETRY PASS INDICATES 20 KNOT WINDS 120 NM FROM THE
CENTER POSITION. MAXIMUM WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25-30 KTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 271830Z1.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.