Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisoy For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 11:10:05 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

370
ABIO10 PGTW 061800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISOY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/061800Z/071800Z FEB 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/061355Z FEB 99//
AMPN/REF IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
     (1) AT 061200Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S WAS LOCATED NEAR 18.2S1
109.5E5 MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 8 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 061500Z) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11S2 58E3
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 52E7. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS INTERMITTENT CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC DATA CONTINUES TO SUGGEST A
WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA. OUTFLOW ALOFT
APPEARS GOOD WITH MODERATE VERTICAL WINDSHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/ROBERTS/MORRIS/BALDINGER/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.