Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 06:08:54 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 181200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 17/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 18/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM ALDA  976 HPA
POSITION             : 28.4S/39.5E (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.

STORM FORCE WINDS 52/50 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUSOF
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 70 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/99 AT 0000 UTC: 30.5 SOUTH / 41.1 EAST
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM SHOWS AN EYE PATTERN AND DEVELOPS A LITTLE, IN SPITE
    OF NORTHWESTERLY SHEARING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.