Subject: Indian-S: N Formation Alert R

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:20:48 -0600

289
WTXS21 PGTW 040300
SUBJ/TJOVWCQYCL
N FORMATION ALERT R
040255Z FEB 99//
RMK/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
160 NM EPTHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM05.8S4 120.6E9 TOJWQMWS5
112;8E2 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO GWR HOURS9-;--8)-?)3 $-5- $93- ,95
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE F NMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT OHAS
TIM. WIND IN THE AREA ARE ESTIM
TED TO BE 20 TO 258KNOT.--
GETLIMAGEUQ INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATIMN CENTEG IS
LOCATED NEAR 16.7S4 1038/ THE SYSTEM IS MOVING SOUTH=
SOUTHWESTWARD AT WKNOTS.
2. REMAUAPTHIS TROPICAL DISTUVQ  AS RECENTLSIELOPED DEEP
CONVECTION NEAR THEICMNTEMELDWI889, :3,534. THIS DISTURBANCE
HAS GOOD UPPER-LEVEL OUTFLOW IN THE WESTERN QSADRAT, FAIR
3)-32#343=. #31500Z9 SCATTEROMETER GEVEALED A SYMMETRICAL LOW-LEVEL

WCIRCULATION WIT WI
S OF 20 KNOTS AT THE PERIPHERY OF THE
DISTURBANCU. IT IS ANTRINAOED THAT THE DEVELOPMENT OF DEEP
CONVECTION WILL CONSOLIDATE STRONGER WINDS TOWARD THE CENTER AND
LEAD TO FURTHER ORGANIZATION. ACCORDINGLY, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOVVEMT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCKE WITTIN 24 HOURS IS
GOOD.
3. THIS ALEAIALID UNTIL 050300Z8.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.