Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 32s (gwenda) Warning Nr 010

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:53:05 -0500

999
WTXS32 PGTW 072100
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GWENDA) WARNING NR 010
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   071800Z6 --- NEAR 20.7S9 119.6E7
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 130 DEGREES AT 17 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY A COMBINATION OF
     SATELLITE AND SYNOPTIC DATA
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 050 KT, GUSTS 065 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   RADIUS OF 035 KT WINDS - 060 NM EAST SEMICIRCLE
                                   OVER WATER
                            030 NM ELSEWHERE
   REPEAT POSIT: 20.7S9 119.6E7
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   080600Z4 --- 22.5S9 120.5E8
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
072100Z0 POSITION NEAR 21.1S4 119.8E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 32S (GWENDA) HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 17
KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. TC 32S MADE LANDFALL ABOUT 25NM EAST
OF PORT HEDLAND, ALONG THE NORTHWEST COAST OF AUSTRALIA. LANDFALL
TIME IS ESTIMATED NEAR 071600Z4 AND INTENSITY AT LANDFALL IS
ESTIMATED AT 60 KNOTS. THE CURRENT WARNING POSITION AND CURRENT
INTENSITY (50 KNOTS) ARE BASED ON A COMBINATION OF 071730Z8 INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND AVAILABLE SYNOPTIC DATA. SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO WEAKEN DUE TO LANDFALL AND INCREASING
VERTICAL WINDSHEAR. TC 32S IS EXPECTED TO MOVE SOUTHWARD AND
DISSIPATE IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS
SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN WEST GU).
THE SYSTEM WILL BECLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.