Subject: Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 01:47:05 -0600

324
WTXS31 PGTW 010900
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S WARNING NR 005
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   010600Z7 --- NEAR 25.1S8 43.5E2
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 150 DEGREES AT 09 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GU{k+ALID AT:
   011800Z0 --- 26.4S2 44.1E9
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 165 DEG/ 07 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   020600Z8 --- 27.7S6 44.5E3
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - #MARKS:
010900Z0 POSITION NEAR 25.4S1   43.6E3.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S HAS TRACKED TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST AT 9 KNOTS
DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION AND INTENSITY IS
BASED ON EXTRAPOLATION FROM THE PREVIOUS WARNING AND 010600Z7
SATELLITE IMAGERY. TC 23S HAS CONTINUED TO DISSIPATE JUST OFFSHORE
OF SOUTHWESTERN MADAGASCAR. THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN SHEARED TOWARDS THE
EAST AND THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS CONTINUING TO WEAKEN. TC 23S
IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TRACKING TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST WHILE
DISSPATING OVER WATER. TC 23S IS FORECAST TO COMPLETELY DISSIPATE
OVER WATER BY THE 24 HOUR FORECAST PERIOD. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 010600Z IS 10 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL
SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY
THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR). THE
SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//
BT
#0005

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.