Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 18:22:43 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 020000

PAN PAN
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/04/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 7/E
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 02/04/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE EVRINA EX-FREDERIC 960
    HPA
POSITION             : 18.0S/88.4E (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/04/99 AT 1200 UTC: 18.1 SOUTH / 87.3 EAST
    WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
CENTRE IS NOT CLEARLY DEFINED ON THE IR IMAGERY. THE SYSTEM
    CONTINUES TO WEAKEN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.