Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 06:48:54 -0600

332
WTIO20 FMEE 011200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 6/C
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 01/02/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION CHIKITA  996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.4S/77.4E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  16 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS UP TO 180 NM IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR. GALE FORCE WINDS WITH ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
    LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN ITS SOUTHERN SECTOR.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/99 AT 0000 UTC: 19.7 SOUTH / 73.5 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM IS STILL WEAKENING, BUT REMAINS ASYMMETRIC WITH WINDS
    STILL STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE SPEED OF
    MOVEMENT AND TO THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE HIGH IN THE
    SOUTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.