Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 20:30:19 -0500

666
ABIO10 PGTW 250100
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/250100Z/251800Z JUN 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED AND PERSISTED FOR THE
PAST 12 HOURS WEST OF PAUPA NEW GUINEA, NEAR 4S4 131E5. ANIMATED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES STRONG CONVECTION AND A POSSIBLE LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES PRIMARILY
CONFLUENCE WITH STRONG SOUTHEASTERLY WINDS SOUTH OF THE
CONVECTION. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 15 TO 20
KNOTS. ESTIMATED MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS 1010MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3.  JUSTIFICATION FOR RE-ISSUE:  ADD SUSPECT AREA IN PARA 2.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/THOMAS/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.