Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:14:33 -0500

999
WTIO20 FMEE 221800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/04/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 7/F1
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 22/04/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE EX-HAMISH 1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.8S/86.8E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : LOCAL SQUALLS EXIST IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT NEAR THE CENTRE REACHING LOCALLY
NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
    MODERATE TO LOCALLY ROUGH SEAS. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 23/04/99 AT 0600 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH / 85.8 EAST
    WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM IS STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED. CONVECTION HAS
    ALMOST DISAPPEARED ON THE LAST SATELLITE DATA.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.