Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:06:10 -0600

999
WTIO21 FMEE 190000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/01/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 19/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 19/01/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM ALDA   - 976 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 30.4S/43.0E
    (THIRTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  16 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXIST WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    CENTRE EXTENDIONG UP TO 200 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT
    AND UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI CIRCLE
GRAND FRAIS 30 KT DANS UN RAYON DE 80 MN AUTOUR DU CENTRE
    S'ETENDANT JUSQU'A 200 MN DANS LE QUADRANT SUD-EST
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEA WITHIN 20 MN RADIUS OF
    CENTER GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEA TO HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF CENTER EXTENDING UP TO 70 NM IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF CENTER EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM
IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/99 AT 1200 UTC: 32.0 SOUTH / 47.0 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
ALDA GO TROUGH THE 30E SOUTH BUT KEEPS HIS TROPICAL FEATURES=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.