Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 18:06:38 -0600

888
WTIO24 FMEE 280000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/02/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 16/D2
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 28/02/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE  1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.9S/40.6E
    (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND
    EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/20 KT LIKELY REACHING 25 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS. MODERATE TO LOCALLY
    ROUGH SEAS.

FORECASTED POSITION 28/02/99 AT 1200 UTC: 22.0 SOUTH / 41.5 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
CONVECTION HAS REBUILT. THE LOW-LEVEL CENTRE HAS BEEN RELOCATED
    MORE IN THE EAST IN COMPARISON WITH THE LAST POSITION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.