Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 06:12:05 -0600

999
WTIO24 FMEE 171200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 13/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 17/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM ALDA  987 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.3S/39.0E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE
    DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN
    SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/99 AT 0000 UTC: 25.8 SOUTH / 39.2 EAST
    DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
SYSTEM HAS SLOWED DOWN AND CONVECTION BECAME WELL ORGANISED NEAR
    TEH CNETRE LAST HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.