Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:18:48 -0500

999
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z APR 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
23S5 67E3 HAS BECOME LESS ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS AND IS
NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8S8 85.2E5
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA OVER THE PAST 24
HOURS. HOWEVER, ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICT ONLY ISOLATED CONVECTION. IN ADDITION, THE 111200Z5 SURFACE
ANALYSIS IS MORE INDICATIVE OF A BROAD TROUGH RATHER THAN A DEFINED
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS BENEATH THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED
TO POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/LAFRAMBOISE/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.