Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:44:45 -0600

747
WTIO20 FMEE 040600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/02/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 17/C
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 04/02/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE EX-CHIKITA  1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.6S/56.1E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE EASTERN AND
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLES AND EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SECTOR AND UP TO 300 MN IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT. MODERATE TO  ROUGH SEAS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/02/99 AT 1800 UTC: 19.0 SOUTH / 53.4 EAST
    WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO WEAKEN BUT WINDS REMAIN TEMPORARILY
    STRONG IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.