Subject: Indian-N: Bms Marine Le 17/01/99 A 0600 Utc

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:38:57 -0600

999
WTIO21 FMEE 170600
METEO FRANCE / CENTRE DES CYCLONES TROPICAUX DE LA REUNION
BMS MARINE LE 17/01/99 A 0600 UTC
NUMERO                : 12/A
VITESSE DU VENT EN NOEUDS (KT)
AVIS DE COUP DE VENT
DEBUT DE VALIDITE     : DIMANCHE 17/01/99 A 0600 UTC
PHENOMENE             : TEMPETE TROPICALE MODEREE ALDA  993 HPA
POSITION              : DANS UN RAYON DE 30 MN AUTOUR DU POINT
    24.0S/38.7E (VINGT QUATRE DEGRES ZERO SUD ET TRENTE HUIT
    DEGRES SEPT EST) A 0600 UTC
DEPLACEMENT           : SUD-OUEST  10 KT
ZONES MENACEES        : TEMPS A GRAINS DANS UN RAYON DE 40 MN
    AUTOUR DU CENTRE S'ETENDANT LOCALEMENT JUSQU'A 200 MN DANS LE
    QUADRANT SUD-EST ET JUSQU'A 350 MN DANS LE QUADRANT NORD-EST.

COUP DE VENT 35 KT ET MER FORTE A TRES FORTE PRES DU CENTRE.
    GRAND FRAIS 30 KT AVEC  MER FORTE DANS UN RAYON DE 25 MN
    AUTOUR DU CENTRE ET JUSQU'A 180 MN DANS LE QUADRANT SUD-EST.

POSITION PREVUE LE 17/01/99 A 1800 UTC: 25.3 SUD / 38.0 EST
    INTENSITE STATIONNAIRE.
INDICATIONS COMPLEMENTAIRES :
LE SYSTEME TEND A SE CISAILLER. EXTENSION DU GRAND FRAIS DANS LE
    QUADRANT SUD-EST EN RAISON DU GRADIENT DE PRESSION AVEC LA
    DORSALE SITUIE AU SUD-EST.

MTORE 916797RE
WTIO24 FMEE 170600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 12/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 17/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM ALDA  993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.0S/38.7E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT
    DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 350 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.

FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/99 AT 1800 UTC: 25.3 SOUTH / 38.0 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM GETS TO BECOME SHEARED. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    EXTENSION IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT GENERATED BY THE
    GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE RIDGE SITUATED IN THE
    SOUTH-EAST.

+
MTORE 916797RE=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.