Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 12:29:05 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 251800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z APR 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
NEAR 12N3 80.5E3 HAS MOVED OVER SOUTHERN INDIA AND IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION OVER THE ANDAMAN SEA NEAR 9N9 96E5
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED
SATELLITE ANALYSIS CONTINUES TO SHOW SCATTERED CONVECTION. HOWEVER,
THE 251200Z0 SURFACE ANALYSIS INDICATES THE TROUGH, ONCE BELOW THE
CONVECTION, HAS SHIFTED NORTHWARD AND IS NOW OVER BANGLADESH AND
EXTENDS INTO THE SOUTH CHINA SEA. SINCE NO LOW LEVEL IS FORMING
BENEATH THE CONVECTION, THIS AREA IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3S3 62E8
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS NORTHWEST OF
DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE
PERSISTENT, STRONG CONVECTION HAS CEASED ITS EASTWARD MOVEMENT. A
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CANNOT BE DISCERNED ON THE 251200Z0 SURFACE
ANALYSIS, WHICH NOW DEPICTS AN EXTENDED TROUGH BENEATH THE
CONVECTION. HOWEVER, SINCE DATA REMAINS SPARSE IN THE REGION, A LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION MAY YET BE PRESENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/PARKER/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.