Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 18:12:29 -0600

665
WTIO20 FMEE 010000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 4/C
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 01/02/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM CHIKITA  990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.8S/80.5E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/99 AT 1200 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH / 77.6 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
SYSTEM SLACKENS, BUT REMAINS ASYMMETRIC WITH WINDS STILL STRONGER
    IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE RELATIVELY FAST MOVEMENT
    AND THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE HIGH IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.