Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:00:08 -0600

999
WTIO24 FMEE 161800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 10/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 16/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM ALDA  993 HPA
POSITION             : 22.5S/39.9E (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING TO 150 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SECTOR.

FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/99 AT 0600 UTC: 24.0 SOUTH / 39.5 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM IS NOT FORECASTED TO INTENSIFY FURTHER.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.