Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:20:21 -0500

476
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
      A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
      B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
            (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15N6
65E1
OVER THE ARABIAN SEA HAS DISSIPATED UNDER A REGION OF MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
            (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
      A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
      B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
          (1) THE BROAD AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
06S6
73E0 JUST NORTH OF DIEGO GARCIA HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY.
ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY REVEALS A DISORGANIZED ALTHOUGH PERSISTENT
AREA OF CONVECTION. A RECENT SCATTEROMETER PASS INDICATED A BROAD
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION. UW-CIMSS SHEAR CHART DEPICTS MODERATE
VERTICAL WINDSHEAR OVER THE REGION. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10
TO 15 KNOTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
          (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/COUTURE/JOHNSON/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.