Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 00:10:27 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 010600

PAN PAN
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/04/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 4/E
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 01/04/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE EVRINA
    EX-FREDERIC 925 HPA
POSITION             : 17.6S/90.0E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND NINETY DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/95 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 120
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE UP TO 160 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 160 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/99 AT 1800 UTC: 17.7 SOUTH / 88.8 EAST
    WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THIS SYSTEM IS ENTERING THE AREA OF THE SOUTHWEST INDIAN OCEAN
    AND THEREFORE IS RENAMED EVRINA. IT HAS WEAKENED DURING THE
    LAST HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.