Subject: Indian-N: 010353z Feb 99//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:44:00 -0600

028
WTIO21 PGTW 010400
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATITN ALERT
010353Z FEB 99//
REF-/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARHRBOR HI/310353Z JAN 99//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 310400)//
RMUS/
1. IMMEDIATE DEL
VERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
-. FORMATION OF A SCGNIFICANT TROPICAL RCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
155 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 8.6N4 50.0E9 TO 13.5N9 83.7E8
WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO IR HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA KOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBRED TRO
ICAL CYCLONE WRNIVGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 312330Z INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTE IS LOCATED
NSEN2 9.07. THE SYEM IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 04
KNOTS.
3. 3.-4(-: THIS SUPERSEDES REF A. ANIMAO
LINFRARD AND WATR VAPOR

SATELLITZ IMAGERY INDICATE MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WINDISHEAR
PERISTSHOVER THIS ISTURBANCE. HOWEVER, A WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER CTNTINUES TO GENERATE PERSSTENT DEEP CONVECTION.

8 :3458:-))- 3-4 23-(3,-, THIS DISTURBANCE REHAINS ICIAFAVOGABLE
ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHER ORGANIZATION. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT

TRPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURSREMAINS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 020400Z6.//

I

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.