Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 12:48:35 -0600

302
WTIO20 FMEE 311800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 3/C
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 31/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM CHIKITA  990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.8S/82.1E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  18 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/99 AT 0600 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH / 78.8 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
WINDS ARE STILL STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE FAST
    MOVEMENT AND THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE HIGH IN THE
    SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.