Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 12:45:48 -0600

443
WTIO20 FMEE 251800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 25/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 01  (ASTRIDE)  997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.4S/68.0E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND ROUGH
    SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO
    120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 26/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC: 12.5 SOUTH / 66.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC: 12.7 SOUTH / 64.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   : THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED PROGRESSIVELY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.