Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:49:17 -0600

352
WTIO20 FMEE 290000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/01/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 4/B
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 29/01/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM BIRENDA EX-DAMIEN
    992 HPA
POSITION             : 17.4S/87.8E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT
    0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 180 NM FROM
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE BUT EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE WESTERN AND SOUTHERN
    SECTORS.

FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/99 AT 1200 UTC: 18.1 SOUTH / 85.9 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE MODERATE TROPICAL BIRENDA STILL DISPLAYS A SHEARED PATTERN.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.