Subject: Indian-S: 1. Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Moresby

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 06:36:25 -0600

999
WTXS21 PGTW 171230
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT MORESBY
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
200 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 12.7S0 130.9E3 TO 13.7S1
121.6E0 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
METSAT IMAGERY AT 170830Z9 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 13.2S6 129.4E6.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 16 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS:
CURRENT INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A MASS OF CONVECTION
MOVING OFF THE COAST OF NORTHERN AUSTRALIA INTO THE TIMOR SEA.
SYNOPTIC SURFACE DATA INDICATES A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS
EVIDENT IN THE CONVECTION.  THE AREA IS IN AN AREA OF WEAK
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR, AND IS BELOW AN UPPERLEVEL RIDGE CENTERED OVER
TC 28S (ELAINE)POTENTIAL FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 181230Z5.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.