Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:06:38 -0600

999
WTIO21 FMEE 181800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 18/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 18/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM ALDA   - 976 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 29.6S/41.1E
    (TWENTY NINE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY ONE DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUSOF
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 70 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/99 AT 0600 UTC: 31.0 SOUTH / 44.0 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE EYE PATTERN STILL EXIST IN SPITE OF THE SOUTHEASTERN MOTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.