Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:44:06 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 170000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 18/E3
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 17/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION  997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.5S/73.7E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE
    DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE AND LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
    MODERATE TO LOCALLY ROUGH SEAS. STRONG GUSTS IN THE SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 17/03/99 AT 1200 UTC: 13.8 SOUTH / 73.1 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE EASTERLY SHEARING STILL EXISTS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.