Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 12:41:23 -0500

999
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z APR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/051351 APR 99/
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/051353 APR 99/
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCL0NE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED IN THE BAY OF
BENGAL NEAR 13.5N9 83.5E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14N5 83E1. ANIMATED
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES MUCH OF THE DEEP CONVECTION HAS
DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS, BUT EVIDENCE OF A LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION REMAINS. INDEED, THE 05/1200Z SURFACE ANALYSIS INDICATES
A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS PRESENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 051200Z8, TROPICAL CYCLONE 31S (FREDERIC-EVRINA) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 19.0S0 69.7E2 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 051500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 051200Z8, TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GWENDA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 13.1S5 118.5E5 AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 051500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS,
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12S3 123E6
IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE REF B (WTXS32
PGTW 051500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/LAFRAMBOISE/JACKSON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.