Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 12:06:33 -0600

603
WTIO24 FMEE 271800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/02/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 15/D2
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 27/02/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE  1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.8S/39.6E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE
    DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS AND EXTENDS LOCALLY
    UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT LIKELY REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS. MODERATE
    TO LOCALLY ROUGH SEAS.

FORECASTED POSITION 28/02/99 AT 0600 UTC: 23.1 SOUTH / 41.2 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED NEAR THE LOW-LEVEL CENTRE. IT IS
    DIFFICULT TO DETERMINATE EXACTLY ITS POSITION ON IR IMAGERY,
    BUT THE SYSTEM APPEARS CLEARLY SHEARED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.