Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:45:41 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 080000

PAN PAN
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 24/D
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 08/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE DAVINA  940 HPA
POSITION             : 17.2S/67.4E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 270
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/99 AT 1200 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH / 63.9 EAST
    DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM SEEMS TO SLIGHTLY WEAKENS. EXTENSION OF NEAR GALE AND
    GALE FORCE HAS BEEN AJUSTED THANKS TO AN ORBIT OF ERS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.