Subject: Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 01:18:00 -0600

845
WTXS31 PGTW 010300
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S WARNING NR 004
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   010000Z1 --- NEAR 24.0S6 42.7E3
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 150 DEGREES AT 07 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 075 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY A COMBINATION OF
     SATELLITE, SYNOPTIC DATA AND EXTRAPOLATION
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 24.0S6 42.7E3
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   011200Z4 --- 24.7S3 43.2E9
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 165 DEG/ 05 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   020000Z2 --- 25.6S3 43.5E2
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 190 DEG/ 05 KTS
    ---
   36 HRS, VALID AT:
   021200Z5 --- 26.5S3 43.3E0
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
010300Z4 POSITION NEAR 24.2S8 42.8E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 7 KNOTS IN
THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION
AND INTENSITY (30 KNOTS) ARE BASED ON A COMBINATION OF 010000Z1
METEOSAT5 INFRARED AND ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY,
SYNOPTIC DATA, AND EXTRAPOLATION FROM THE PREVIOUS WARNING.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES TC 23S HAS BECOME MORE
DISORGANIZED WITH MINIMUM CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC DATA STILL
INDICATES A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC), BUT THE LLCC
IS NO LONGER EVIDENT IN INFRARED IMAGERY. TC 23S IS FORECAST TO
CONTINUE DRIFTING SOUTHEASTWARD UNDER THE STEERING FLOW OF THE
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO THE EAST. AFTER 24HRS, TC 23S SHOULD BEGIN
TURNING SOUTHWESTWARD AS THE RIDGE BUILDS IN SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM.
 TC 23S IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE BY THE 36 HOUR POSITION. WIND
RADII ARE NOT INCLUDED FOR SYSTEMS LESS THAN 40 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 010000Z1 IS 10 FEET. REFER TO WWIO30
 PGFW FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT
011500Z7 (DTG 011351Z1) AND 020300Z5 (DTG 020151Z9).//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.