Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:48:04 -0600

999
WTIO24 FMEE 170000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 11/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 17/01/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM ALDA  993 HPA
POSITION             : 23.4S/39.6E (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT
    0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.

FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/99 AT 1200 UTC: 25.0 SOUTH / 38.2 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM GETS TO BECOME SHEARED. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    EXTENSION IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT GENERATED BY THE
    GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE RIDGE SITUATED IN THE
    SOUTH-EAST.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.