Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:49:08 -0600

782
WTIO20 FMEE 291800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 7/B
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 29/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION EX-BIRENDA EX-DAMIEN
    997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.5S/83.3E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY THREE
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 180 NM FROM
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE BUT EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE WESTERN AND SOUTHERN
    SECTORS.

FORECASTED POSITION 30/01/99 AT 0600 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH / 81.4 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION EX-BIRENDA STILL DISPLAYS A SHEARED
    PATTERN. WINDS ARE WEAKENING NEAR THE CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.