Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:55:18 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 180000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 22/E3
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 18/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION  996 HPA
POSITION             : 14.2S/72.9E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE. MODERATE TO LOCALLY ROUGH SEAS. STRONG GUSTS IN
    THE SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 18/03/99 AT 1200 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH / 72.3 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE CENTRE IS NOT CLEARLY DEFINED ON THE IR IMAGERY.
    NORTHEASTERLY SHEARING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.