Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:07:23 -0600

520
ABIO10 PGTW 171800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/171800Z/181800Z DEC 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/171353 DEC 99/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 171200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S (ILSA) WAS LOCATED OVER
THE AUSTRALIAN MAINLAND NEAR 20.5S7 121.5E9 AND WAS TRACKING
SOUTHEASTWARD AT 8 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 25 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 171500) FOR THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED IN THE
MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL NEAR 16.5S2 42.0E6 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY
OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY CONTINUES TO INDICATE THE CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A
FRONTAL BOUNDARY EXTENDING NORTHWESTWARD ACROSS THE MOZAMBIQUE
CHANNEL. HOWEVER, THE 171200Z1 SURFACE ANALYSIS INDICATES A LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS FORMED BENEATH THE CONVECTION. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/CANTRELL/LAFRAMBOISE/GLASS/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.