Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 12:47:30 -0600

813
WTIO20 FMEE 261800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 26/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 01  (ASTRIDE)  987
    HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.6S/64.4E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 40/45 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30/35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
    RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH / 62.5
    EAST DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH / 60.7
    EAST DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM SEEMS TO TRACK SOUTHWESTWARD. CDO IS WELL DEFINED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.