Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 02:58:06 -0600

370
WTIO20 FMEE 310600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 028/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 31/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 01  (ASTRIDE)
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.7S/51.2E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY ONE DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHNORTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 220 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR AND ISOLATED SQUALLS EXIST UP TO 150 NM
    IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE,
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    35 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC: 11.6 SOUTH/50.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 10.8 SOUTH/50.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS RELOCATED NORTHERN THANKS
    TO VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.