Subject: Indian-N: 010353z Feb 99//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:11:07 -0600

485
WTIO21 PGTW 010400
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATITN ALERT
010353Z FEB 99//
REF-/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARHRBOR HI/31035Z JAN 99//
EMPN/REF IS TROPIKAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 310400)//
RMUS
1. IMMEDIATE DEL
VERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
-. FORMATION OF A SCGNIFICANT TROPICAL WLIS POSSIBLE WITHIN
155 NM EITHEVLLOF A LINE FROM 8.6N4 90.1E9 TO 13.5N9 83.7E8:9
WITHIN Z NEXT 12 TO IR HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA KOES NOT JUSTRJZISSUANCE

OF NUMBRED TRO
ICAL CYQLONE WARNISIAT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MEVSAT
IMAGERY AT 312330Z INDICATES THAT ALWF8:29, :3,53 8- )9:-53
.07. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 14
KNOTS.
) 3.-4(-: THIY SUPERSEDES REF A. ANIMAO
LINFRARD AND WATR VAPOR

SATELLITZ IMAGERY INDICATE MODERJOE TO SRONG VERTICAL WINDISHZ
PERISTSHOVER THIS ISTURBANCE. HOWEVER, A WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER CTNTINUES TO GENZYMLPERSSTENT DEEP CONVECTPON.

8TICALLA EAR WEAKENAN THIS DISTURBANCE REHAINS ICIAFAVOGABLE
ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHER ORGANIZATION. THE POTENTIAL FOR SINIFICANT

TRQICAL CYCLONEIDEVELOPMENT WITHIN 24 HOURSREMAINS GBOD.
4. THIS ALERT VALAVIUIBUCFQQZ6./
I

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.