Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:13:44 -0600

150
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/161800Z/171800Z NOV 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 7N7 81E9, EAST OF
SRI LANKA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT
CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 10 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA SHOWS A POSSIBLE
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EMBEDDED WITHIN THE BROAD MONSOON
TROUGH. UW-CIMSS CHARTS INDICATE THIS AREA IS UNDER A DIFFLUENT
REGION WITH WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 7S7 79E6, EAST OF
THE BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORIES. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS SCATTERED CONVECTION HOWEVER NO CLEARLY DEFINED
CIRCULATION CENTER IS APPARENT. SCATTEROMETER DATA INDICATES A
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EMBEDDED WITHIN A BROAD REGION OF
NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGHING. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1009
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/CANTRELL/JOHNSON/GLASS//

AUTODIN MESSAGE RECEIVD AT AFGWC: RHHMMCB27203201702

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.