Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 06:15:40 -0600

596
WTIO20 FMEE 311200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 2/C
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 31/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM CHIKITA  990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.3S/84.0E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR
    DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  19 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/99 AT 0000 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH / 81.0 EAST
    DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
ASYMMETRICAL SYSTEM WITH WINDS CLEARLY STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR DUE TO THE FAST MOVEMENT AND THE GRADIENT OF PRESSURE
    WITH THE HIGH IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.