Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:40:32 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

816
ABIO10 PGTW 151800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/151800Z/161800Z JUN 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED IN THE BAY OF
BENGAL NEAR 16N7 89E7 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY. ANIMATED
VISIBLE AND INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATE CONVECTION HAS INTENSITY OVER
THE PAST 6 HOURS. 151200Z9 SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS INDICATES THE MONSOON
TROUGH EXTENDING FROM A LOW OVER NORTHEAST INDIA SOUTHEASTWARD
ACROSS THE SOUTH CHINA SEA AND OVER THE SOUTHERN PHILIPPINES.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND UW-CIMSS WIND SHEAR PRODUCT INDICATE
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1004 MB. THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.