Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 11:30:58 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z APR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/011351 APR 99/
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/010551 APR 99/
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCL0NE WARNING. REF B IS THE SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE PACIFIC OCEAN.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 011200Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE 31S (FREDERIC) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 17.9S7 88.7E3 AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 125 KNOTS GUSTING TO 150
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 011500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7S7 54E9
HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED
SUSPECT.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 135E9
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 132E6 (SEE REF B (ABPW PGTW 010600)). THE
010600Z7 SURFACE CHART SHOWS A BROAD CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH
THIS AREA OF CONVECTION.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/NORDMAN/THOMAS/PARKER//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.