Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:46:10 -0600

999
ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/301800Z/311800Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/301351 MAR 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCL0NE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 301200Z6, TROPICAL CYCLONE 31S (FREDERIC) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 17.1S9 96.0E5 AND WAS MOVING WEST AT 13 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 115 KNOTS GUSTING TO 140 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 301500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 72E9
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8S8 74E1, JUST SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA.
ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATED WEAK CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH A PERSISTENT LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 7S7 54E9. SPORADIC
DEEP CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED OVER THIS REGION DURING THE PAST 24
HOURS, BUT WITH LITTLE ORGANIZATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1007MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/ROBERTS/MORRIS/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.