Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:59:22 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

633
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z JUN 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.5N4 92E1
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.5N4 91E0, WITH SOME CONVECTION EXTENDNG TO
THE SOUTH-SOUTHWEST. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY REVEALS THE
CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS AND THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) HAS BECOME DIFFICULT TO LOCATE. SYNOPTIC
DATA INDICATES A PORTION OF THE MONSOON TROUGH EXTENDS FROM A LOW
OVER NORTHEAST INDIA TOWARDS THE COAST OF BANGLADESH. UW-CIMSS SHEAR
CHARTS SUGGEST SOME INCREASED SHEAR OVER THE AREA. 200 MB CHARTS
SHOW MODERATE OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/MEYER/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.