Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 12:01:40 -0500

999
ABIO10 PGTW 061800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/061800Z/071800Z APR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/061351 APR 99/
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/061353 APR 99/
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCL0NE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14N5 83E1
HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED
SUSPECT.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 061200Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 31S (FREDERIC-EVRINA) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 18.8S7 66.2E4 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 061500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 061200Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 32S (GWENDA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 16.2S9 116.6E4 AND WAS MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 115 KNOTS GUSTING TO 140
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 061500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/LAFRAMBOISE/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.