Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 18scwarningnnr 012 ,,

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 10:21:05 -0600

404
WTXS31 PGTW 071500
SUBJC  TROPICAL CYCLOMWARNING
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 18SCWARNINGNNR 012   ,,
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONQN SOUOHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAVNED WINDS BASEPMN ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
   WARNING POSITION:
   071200Z0 --- NEAR 18.6S5 108.6E5
     MMEMENT PAST SIX HOUCS - 270 DEGREES AT 02 KTS
 0   POSITION BASED ON CEMVR LOCATED BY SATELLIT
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:9
   MAX SUSTAINED II
PU35 KT, GUSTS 045 KTT   RDPOSIT: 18.6S5 108.6E5
9
   FORECASTS:
  12 HRS, VALID AT:
   080000Z8 --- 18.8S7 108.2E1
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TCOPICAL CYCLONE OVR WATER
   VECTOCHTO 24 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 04 KTZ    --=
   24 HRS, VALID CUPL PIQWPPZ1 --- 18.9S8 107.4E2
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 0390KT, VVLQRT KT
  DISSIATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   ;3:594 59 36 HR POSIT: 2758
3</ 08 KTS
   36 HRS, VA1).7--;) 09;100Z9 --- 18.8S7 105.8E4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFIANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
REMAKKS:
071500Z3009-8589, ,3-: 18.6S5  108.5E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S HA  REMAINEDV;.2-STATIBNARY DURING THZPPAST
6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSIOIS BASED ON 071130Z2 ENHANCZD INFRARED O
WIM
AGERY. THE WARNING IMOENSITY IS BASED ON EXTRAPOLATIO FROM THE
PREVIOUS WARNING AND ESTIMATED CLOUD DRIFT WIND SPEDS. TC 18S
O
HAS REMAINEM WITHIN VERY WEAK STZSI /).7+5233, 529 )92-M
LEVEL SUBOROPICAL RIDGES TO THE SOUTHEAST AND SOUTHWEST. THISIWEAK
THE SYSTEMS TRACK. TC 18S IS FORECAST TO REMAIN QUASP-STATIONARY
LWIT
PWPYLIGHT SOUTHWESTWAX DRIFT DURING THE FIRST 12 HOURS. TME
SYSTVQILEXPECTED TO EVENTUALLY RETURN TO A WESTWARD TRACK BETWEZVMO
THE 12 TO 24 HOUR PERIOD AS THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO THE SOUTHWEST
SLOWLY BUILDS EAST AND INCREASES STEERING FLOW ON THE SYSTEM.
CONTINUEGEAR AND COLD AIR STRATUS ENTRAINMENT IYPEXPL TO
ICHIBIT FURTHER DEVEGOPMENT OF TMOEM. TC 18S IS FORECAST TO
CONTINUE TO DISSIPATE OVER WATER, FINALLY DISSIPATING COMPLETELY
BY THE 36 HOUR FORECAST POSITION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT
AT 071200Z IS 14 FEET. REFERNTO WWIO31 PGFW KOR ADDITIONAL SEA
HEIGHT INFORMATION. NEXT WARNINGS AT ;8ZIPZ1 (DTG 080155Z9) AND
081500Z4 (DTG 081355T2).//

LZ

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.