Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisorxbfor The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:02:15 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

893
ABIO10 PGTW 021800
MSGID/GENADMIN/AVPACMETOCVEN PEARL HARBOR HIXX
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORXBFOR THE INDIAN
BKEAN/829 :9--509>
AKRICA):
  AM TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
T 020600ZGI TROPICAL CYCLONEWIPB WAS LOCATED NEAR 9.
N3
8+50E3 MMVING WEST-NORTHWESTIAT 8 KNOTS...-/8.: (7-5-8,3$ 28,$-
WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GPICIW TO GRT KNOTS.8SEE REFERENCEIA
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL NYCLONES.
OPICAL DISTARMANCE SUMMERY:
      (1) THE AREA O+09,;3:589, 043;897-)6 )91-53$ ,3-4 8.2N0 87E5
IS THE SUVKOQT OF A TROPICAL CZCLONA WARNING, AND IS DISCUSSED IN
1.A.(12 ABOVE. SEE REF A(WTIO31 020600) FOR FURTHERHFETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSOQ A
2. SOUTH I
DIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9#WES TO COAST OF AFRICA2:
)- A. TROPICALNIYCLONE XUMMARY:
      7:?-- 0600Z8 TROPICAL CTCLONEU17Y K:#8(85-) WAS LOCATED
NEARI19.:S4872..T8 MOVING WEST AO 13 K
OT GM MAXIMUM SUSTINEDHINDS
MR
WERE ENMWMATED AT 40 KNOTS XULTINV TO 50 KNOTS.-SEE REFERENCE B
(ATHREVIBUYLY LOCKTED NEAR 1(-E
113.5E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 2-.5S9 115E7 SOUTH MF JAVA. ANIMIVOGGO
INFARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES PERSISTENT GOM :9ECTION
WITHIN THE MMNSOON TROUGH THROUGHOUT THA AREA. VERTIKAL WINDSHEAR
ACROSVICXO AREA APPEARS LOCKNOODERATE ANH OUTFLOW ALOFT REMAINSNFNIFK
G

M
XIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS AGOPELTIMATED AT 20 OO 25 KCOF. XQNCMU SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004MB. THE PMOM98-) >94 5#3
-DEVE
LOPMENT OF A EIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 2
 HOURS IS
FAIR.
 )    (2) THE AREA OF CTNVECTIO PREVIOUSLY ASSOCIATDKBKICWTC QTS
(883,-BIRENDA) PRVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17;32 67E3 8- ,92 ,3-4 11S2
68E4. THE LOW-LEVEL WINDFIELD HAS REMAINED MOSTLY INTACT LITH THIS
SYSTEM AND SOME CONVECTION MCASSIONALLY FL
RES UP. ANIMATZF1,>4-43$
SATELLITZ IMAGERY SUGGESTS DACRONBWNG ORGAVIZATION OF THT SYSXEMMN
WM
AXIMUMPSUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 IATS.FAPR.
0     .3270,9
FORECAST TEAMWC PARBMNS/MORRIS/BALDINGER/GLASS/

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.