Subject: Indian-N: 1. Immediate Delivery Req To Amconsul Calcutta And Amembassy Dhaka

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:30:47 -0500

893
WTIO21 PGTW 151730
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 15.5N1 89.6E3 TO 16.7N4 85.4E7
WITHIN THE NEXT 02 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 151623Z8 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 15.5N1 89.0E7. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-
NORTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS:
RECENT SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS DEPICTS LOW-
LEVEL CLOUD LINES SOUTHWEST TO NORTHWEST OF THE CIRCULATION
CENTER. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS CONVECTION HAS INCREASED
AND CONSOLIDATED IN THE PAST 6 HOURS. 200 MB CHART AND WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY SHOW GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 161730Z8.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.