Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 13:11:46 -0500

595
ABIO10 PGTW 061800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVP06ACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/061800Z/071800Z OCT 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 6S6 76.0E3 AND HAS
PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 16 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY
AND AVAILABLE SYNOPTIC DATA SUGGEST THIS CONVECTION MAY BE
ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION, PREVIOUSLY A
EQUATORIAL BUFFER ZONE, THAT DRIFTED JUST SOUTH OF THE EQUATOR.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008 MB. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. THE REGION IS
LOCATED BENEATH THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/JEDLICK/MAYER/JACKSON/TON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.