Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 12:36:32 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/091800Z/101800Z APR 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE ELONGATED AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
5N5 85E3 HAS CONTINUED TO REMAIN QUASI-STATIONARY. 091200Z1 SYNOPTIC
DATA INDICATES A WEAK LOW LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDING THROUGH THE BAY OF
BENGAL. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
ESTIMATED MEAN SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) A LLCC PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21S3 57E2 IS NOW LOCATED
NEAR 22S4 68E4.  ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATED WEAK
CONVECTION TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE LLCC. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1009 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7S7 84E2 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 8S8 85.2E5. ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND
A PREVIOUS SCATTEROMETER PASS INDICATED A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) HAD DEVELOPED BENEATH THE PERSISTENT CONVECTION. THE
AREA IS WITHIN A REGION OF WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL SHEAR WITH FAIR
OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/LAFRAMBOISE/BROOKS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.