Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 01:38:44 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 020600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/04/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 8/E
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 02/04/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM EVRINA EX-FREDERIC
    975 HPA
POSITION             : 17.6S/86.4E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  20 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/04/99 AT 1800 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH / 82.4 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM HAS ACCELERATED AND MOVES NOW WESTNORTHWESTWARD.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.