Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 06:48:58 -0600

390
WTIO20 FMEE 261200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/12/1999 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 26/12/1999 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 01  (ASTRIDE)  990
    HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.0S/64.7E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/1999 AT 0000 UTC: 13.4 SOUTH / 62.5
    EAST STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/1999 AT 1200 UTC: 13.8 SOUTH / 60.4
    EAST DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
NORTH-NORTHEASTERLY WIND SHEAR PERSISTS IN UPPER LEVELS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.