Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:59:57 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

414
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z FEB 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/131500Z FEB 99//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR 12 HOURS NEAR 9N9
94E3 SOUTH OF THE ANDAMAN ISLANDS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES SCATTERED DEEP CONVECTION IN A WEAK VERTICAL SHEAR
ENVIRONMENT. 131200Z7 SYNOPTIC AND SHIP SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A
CLOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER WITH MAXIMUM WINDS ESTIMATED AT
20 KNOTS AND A MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE ESTIMATED TO BE 1006MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 26S8 45E9
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 22.5S9 38.0E1 OVER THE SOUTHERN MOZAMBIQUE
CHANNEL AND IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 131500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 20.0S2
37.5E5 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21.0S3
116.2E0 HAS MOVED INLAND OVER NORTHWESTERN AUSTRALIA AND IS NO
LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
     (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/LAFRAMBOISE/PARKER/JACKSON//
BT
?7716

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.