Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:07:28 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 231800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/231800Z/241800Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/230157 MAR 99//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 230000Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 30S (VANCE) WAS OVER LAND
LOCATED NEAR 27.6S5 118.7E7 AND MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD
AT 23 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS34 PGTW 221500) FOR THE FINAL WARNING
ON THIS SYSTEM.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14S5 42E6
OFF THE NORTHEAST MOZAMBIQUE COAST IS CURRENTLY LOCATED NEAR 13S4
47E1. 231200Z8 SYNOPTIC DATA DEPICTS A WEAK, LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
JUST OFF SHORE AND SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF THE PRIMARY CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS REMAINS
POOR.
  (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12S3 70E7
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY DURING THE PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A PERSISTENT AREA OF LOW LEVEL
CONVERGENCE AND POSSIBLY A WEAK CIRCULATION IS BENEATH THE
CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS
REMAINS POOR.
(3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17S8 102E3
HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT.
      (4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/NORDMAN/THOMAS/PARKER/GLASS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.