Subject: Indian-S: Rmks/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 19:47:41 -0600

999
WTXS21 PGTW 260130
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 260121Z MAR 99//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 12.8S1 111.9E2 TO 12.2S5
117.0E9 WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS.  AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
METSAT IMAGERY AT 260030Z1 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 12.3S6 116.9E7.  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS:
RECENT VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY NOW SHOWS CYCLONIC CURVATURE OF
LOW-LEVEL CU LINES STREAMING INTO THE DEEP CONVECTION, AN INDICATOR
OF THE FORMATION OF A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. IMAGERY ALSO
INDICATES THE FORMATION OF AN UPPER-LEVEL ANTICYCLONE JUST WEST OF
THE CONVECTION CENTER. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS NOW GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 270130Z3.//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.