Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:54:45 -0600

518
WTIO24 FMEE 270000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/02/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 12/D2
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 27/02/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE  1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.8S/37.6E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT, BUT
    EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT LIKELY REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS. MODERATE
    TO LOCALLY ROUGH SEAS.

FORECASTED POSITION 27/02/99 AT 1200 UTC: 21.3 SOUTH / 38.4 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
CONVECTION IS NOT WELL DEVELOPED BUT THE CENTRE IS NOT CLEARLY
    DEFINED ON THE IR IMAGERY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.