Subject: Indian-N: Bms Marine Le 16/01/99 A 1800 Utc

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:20:36 -0600

999
WTIO21 FMEE 161800
METEO FRANCE / CENTRE DES CYCLONES TROPICAUX DE LA REUNION
BMS MARINE LE 16/01/99 A 1800 UTC
NUMERO                : 10/A
VITESSE DU VENT EN NOEUDS (KT)
AVIS DE COUP DE VENT
DEBUT DE VALIDITE     : SAMEDI 16/01/99 A 1800 UTC
PHENOMENE             : TEMPETE TROPICALE MODEREE ALDA  993 HPA
POSITION              : 22.5S/39.9E (VINGT DEUX DEGRES CINQ SUD
    ET TRENTE NEUF DEGRES NEUF EST) A 1800 UTC
DEPLACEMENT           : SUD  9 KT
ZONES MENACEES        : TEMPS A GRAINS DANS UN RAYON DE 40 MN
    AUTOUR DU CENTRE S'ETENDANT LOCALEMENT JUSQU'A 120 MN DANS LE
    DEMI-CERCLE SUD.
COUP DE VENT 35 KT ET MER FORTE A TRES FORTE PRES DU CENTRE.
    GRAND FRAIS 30 KT AVEC  MER FORTE DANS UN RAYON DE 25 MN
    AUTOUR DU CENTRE ET JUSQU'A 150 MN DANS LE SECTEUR EST.

POSITION PREVUE LE 17/01/99 A 0600 UTC: 24.0 SUD / 39.5 EST
    INTENSITE STATIONNAIRE.
INDICATIONS COMPLEMENTAIRES :
LE SYSTEME N'EST PAS PREVU S'INTENSIFIER DAVANTAGE.

MTORE 916797RE
WTIO24 FMEE 161800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 10/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 16/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM ALDA  993 HPA
POSITION             : 22.5S/39.9E (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING TO 150 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SECTOR.

FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/99 AT 0600 UTC: 24.0 SOUTH / 39.5 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM IS NOT FORECASTED TO INTENSIFY FURTHER.

+
MTORE 916797RE=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.