Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bullletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 01:07:44 -0600

075
WTIO30 FMEE 270600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 5/1/19992000
1.A SEVERE TROPICAL STORM (ASTRIDE)
2.A POSITION AT 0600 UTC  27/12/1999 : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 14.3S/62.1E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND
    SIXTY TWO DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 3.0/3.5  /S  /12 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 985 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 50 KT
6.A ESTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 100 KM   SE30: 280 KM
    SW30: 250 KM   NW30: 90 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1006 HPA / 480 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : SMALL
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 14.5S / 60.4E FI=3.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 15.3S / 59.1E FI=4.0

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 16.9S / 56.3E FI=4.0

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : THE SYSTEM IS FORECASTED TO
    SLOW DOWN AND TO HEAD MORE SOUTHWESTWARD WITH THE WEAKENING
    OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE, AS A WIDE TROUGH EXTENDING UP TO
    25S IS EXPECTED TO ARRIVE TO THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.