Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:51:24 -0600

601
ABIO10 PGTW 021800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/021800Z/031800Z DEC 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.0N1
62.0E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.7N0 58.2E5, APPROXIMATELY 350 NM EAST-
NORTHEAST OF THE HORN OF SOMALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND A RECENT SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICT A
CONVECTIVE BAND WRAPPING INTO THE THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC). INFRARED IMAGERY ALSO SHOWS THAT CONVECTION WEST AND SOUTH
OF THE LLCC HAS IMPROVED OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA SHOWS
THAT THE LLCC IS EMBEDDED WITHIN A BROAD TROUGH. UW-CIMSS CHARTS
INDICATE THAT THE AREA HAS GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT AND IS UNDER WEAK TO
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.