Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 06:23:19 -0600

437
WTIO20 FMEE 271200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/12/1999 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 27/12/1999 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 01  (ASTRIDE)  985
    HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.6S/61.5E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 110 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/12/1999 AT 0000 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/60.2 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/12/1999 AT 1200 UTC: 15.9 SOUTH/59.0 EAST
STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   : SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTLY SLOWED DOWN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.