Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 18:50:07 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 070000

PAN PAN
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 20/D
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 07/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE DAVINA  930 HPA
POSITION             : 16.3S/73.9E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/90 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
    OF THE CENTRE.STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY
    HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS
    35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 110 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTER
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/99 AT 1200 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH / 70.7 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO INTENSIFY PROGESSIVELY. ITS SPEED IS NOW
    STABILISED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.