Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 01:41:31 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

570
ABIO10 PGTW 080700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/080700Z/081800Z JUN 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED OVER THE BAY OF BENGAL
LOCATED NEAR 18.5N4 92E1. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND MULTI-SPECTRAL
IMAGERY REVEAL THE CONVECTION HAS BECOME MORE ORGANIZED IN THE PAST
4 HOURS AND ALSO INDICATE A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC). SPARSE SYNOPTIC DATA SHOWS NO INDICATION OF A LLCC
ALTHOUGH 500 MB CHART REVEALS A LOW HEIGHT CENTER OVER THE REGION.
UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WINDSHEAR CHART SHOWS WEAK SHEAR OVER THE LLCC BUT
INCREASES SOUTHWARD. 200 MB CHART INDICATES SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
REMAINS WELL TO THE NORTH OF THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADDED 1.B.(1) FAIR AREA.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/JACKSON//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.