Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:46:20 -0600

941
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z DEC 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/140751 DEC 99/
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/141353 DEC 99/
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.0N9
84.4E6 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 140600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S (ILSA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
12.1S4 108.4E3 AND WAS TRACKING EAST-NORTHEASTWARD AT 13 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 140900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) AT 141200Z8, TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S (JOHN) WAS LOCATED NEAR
19.5S5 117.3E2 AND WAS TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 130 KNOTS GUSTING TO 160 KNOTS. SEE REF
B (WTXS32 PGTW 141500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21S3 40E4,
IN THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL, HAS BECOME DISORGANIZED AND IS NO LONGER
SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/CANTRELL/THOMAS/GLASS/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.