Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 00:35:34 -0600

999
WTIO24 FMEE 170600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 12/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 17/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM ALDA  993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.0S/38.7E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT
    DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 350 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.

FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/99 AT 1800 UTC: 25.3 SOUTH / 38.0 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM GETS TO BECOME SHEARED. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    EXTENSION IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT GENERATED BY THE
    GRADIENT OF PRESSURE WITH THE RIDGE SITUATED IN THE
    SOUTH-EAST.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.