Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:26:22 -0600

111
WTIO20 FMEE 281800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 3/B
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 28/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM BIRENDA EX-DAMIEN
    992 HPA
POSITION             : 17.0S/88.4E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 180 NM FROM
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE BUT EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE WESTERN AND SOUTHERN
    SECTORS.

FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/99 AT 0600 UTC: 17.8 SOUTH / 86.8 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE MODERATE TROPICAL STORM DAMIEN HAS BEEN RENAMED BIRENDA AT 12
    UTC WHEN LEAVING THE AUSTRALIAN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY OF
    PERTH. IT STILL DISPLAYS A SHEARED PATTERN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.