Subject: Indian-N: 010353zineb 99//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:33:17 -0600

944
WTIO21 PGTW 010400
UBJ/TROPICAL CYCLOE FORMATITN ALERO
010353ZINEB 99//
RKAXRMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEAKVRZOR HI/310353Z JAN 99/
;290;/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGVW 31400)//
RMKS/
1. IMMSVN
VERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLMNEHI POSSIBLE WITHIN
155 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 8.6N4 90.39 TO 13.5N9 83.7E8
WITHIN THE NEQQTO
 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA FOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF FUMBERE
ITROIICAL CYCLONE WANINGS AT THIS TIME.
IINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTQMATED TO BEI20 M 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 312330
,-3,2 9.0E8. THE SYSTEM IS MOVIOG WESPANORTHWESTWARD AT 04
)KNOTS.
3.)REMARKS: THIS SUPERSEDES REF A./-,8.-9
PERSISTSHOVER THIS ISTURBANCE. HOWEVER, A WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER CTNTINUES TO GENERATE PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION.

IF VERTICALLSHEAR WEAKENPN THIS DISTURBANCREMAINS IN A FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHER RGANIZATION
 THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT

TRPICAL CYCLHDEVEPOPMENT WIHICBHOURSRMAINGOMD.
4. THIS ALERT VALID UNTIL 020400Z6.//

I

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.