Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:35:10 -0600

674
WTIO20 FMEE 301800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 026/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 30/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 01  (ASTRIDE)
    988 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.8S/52.0E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE,
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC: 14.0 SOUTH/50.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC: 13.2 SOUTH/49.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   : NIL=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.