Subject: Indian-N: Ampn/ref Is Tropical Cyclone Formation Alert (wtio21 Pgtw 112100)//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 15:14:28 -0600

563
WTIO21 PGTW 122100
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/112051Z DEC 99//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 112100)//
RMKS/
1. REMARKS:
THIS CANCELS REF A.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS CONVECTION HAS MOVED
OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN COAST OF INDIA. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A
WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) LOCATED TO THE EAST OF
SRI LANKA. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR CHART REVEALS MODERATE TO STRONG
SHEAR OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10
TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1009 MB.
THEREFORE, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.