Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 18:46:18 -0600

234
WTIO20 FMEE 270000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/12/1999 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 27/12/1999 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 01  (ASTRIDE)  985
    HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.6S/63.4E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 45/50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
    RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/1999 AT 1200 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH / 62.4
    EAST DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/12/1999 AT 0000 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH / 60.5
    EAST DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM CONTINUE TO INTENSIFY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.