Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:50:39 -0600

454
ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/191800Z/201800Z NOV 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
      A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
      B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
            (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.0N7

84.5E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 7.0N7 82.0E0, JUST EAST OF SRI LANKA.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS SCATTERED CONVECTION HAS
PERSISTED DURING THE PAST 24 HOURS. UW-CIMSS SHEAR CHARTS INDICATE
WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA OF
CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.

MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL

FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
            (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
      A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
      B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: FINTA/CANTRELL/JOHNSON/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.