Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:40:49 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800Z/131800Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110753 MAR 99//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 120600Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE 25S (DAVINA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 23.0S5 52.3E0 AND WAS QUASI-STATIONARY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 60 KNOTS GUSTING TO 75 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32
PGTW 120900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7S7 50E5 IS NOW
LOCATED NEAR 6S6 53E8. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
THE
CONVECTION HAS APPEARED MORE LINEAR DURING THE PAST 24 HOURS. DEEP
ISOLATED CONVECTION PERSISTS WITH WEAK SHEAR AND FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS
DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14S5 68E4
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16S7 65E1, AND IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS
OF TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S. SATELLITE ANIMATION SHOWS THIS CONVECTION
HAS WEAKENED AS IT DRIFTS WESTWARD IN THE WAKE OF TROPICAL
CYCLONE 25S (DAVINA). ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATED
A WEAKENED TRAILING LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION EAST OF THE CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 IS
DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/COX/LAFRAMBOISE/JACKSON/PARKER//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.