Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 06:45:17 -0600

958
WTIO20 FMEE 281200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 2/B
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 28/01/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM BIRENDA EX-DAMIEN
    992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.9S/89.4E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXIST UP TO 150 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE AND UP TO 150 NM IN SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.

FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/99 AT 0000 UTC: 18.1 SOUTH / 87.7 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE MODERATE TROPICAL STORM BIRENDA EX-DAMIEN HAS BEEN NAMED AT
    12 UTC.
SHE STILL SHOWES A SHEARING PATTERN.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.