Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 15:19:17 -0600

149
WTIO20 FMEE 241800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 24/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.0S/71.6E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  16 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND THE WESTERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS. STRONG GUSTS IN
    SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 25/12/1999 AT 0600 UTC: 14.2 SOUTH / 69.0
    EAST STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/12/1999 AT 1800 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH / 66.3
    EAST DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
CONVECTION HAS INTENSIFIED NEAR THE CENTRE.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.