Subject: Indian-N: **** Corrective ****

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:06:13 -0600

215
WTIO20 FMEE 011800 CCA
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 7/C
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 01/02/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION EX-CHIKITA  996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.4S/76.0E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE NORTHERN
    SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR. LOCAL GALE FORCE WINDS WITH ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
    ARE LIKELY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR UP TO 150 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/99 AT 0600 UTC: 19.5 SOUTH / 73.0 EAST
    WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM IS NOW WEAK, BUT STRONG WINDS PERSIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR DUE TO THE SPEED OF MOVEMENT AND TO THE GRADIENT OF
    PRESSURE WITH THE HIGH IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.