Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 11:44:42 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z MAR 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/080753 MAR 99//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/081351 MAR 99//
NARR/REF A AND REF B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6N6 85E3
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY IN THE SOUTHERN BAY OF BENGAL.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS SCATTERED DEEP
CONVECTION, BUT NO LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC).
HOWEVER, 081200Z1 SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS SUGGESTS A BROAD LOW-LEVEL
CYCLONIC ROTATION MAY BE PRESENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 080600Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 25S (DAVINA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 17.4S2 66.2E4 AND WAS TRACKING WESTWARD AT 15 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 100 KNOTS GUSTING TO 125
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 080900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 081200Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S WAS LOCATED NEAR 15.2S8
90.2E1 AND WAS TRACKING WESTWARD AT 17 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE
REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 081500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/COX/LAFRAMBOISE/JACKSON/PARKER//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.