Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:34:13 -0600

999
WTIO24 FMEE 171800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 14/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 17/01/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM ALDA  987 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 25.2S/38.7E
    (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT
    DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/99 AT 0600 UTC: 26.6 SOUTH / 38.7 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
NIL=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.