Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 06:28:13 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 171200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/03/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 20/E3
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 17/03/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION  996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.8S/73.6E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE
    DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE. MODERATE TO LOCALLY ROUGH SEAS. STRONG GUSTS IN
    THE SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 18/03/99 AT 0000 UTC: 14.2 SOUTH / 73.0 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
NO INTENSIFICATION OBSERVED DURING THE LAST HOURS DUE TO EASTERLY
    SHEARING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.