Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bullletin

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:37:54 -0600

387
WTIO30 FMEE 281800
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLLETIN
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 2/6/9899
1.A MODERATE TROPICAL STORM BIRENDA EX-DAMIEN
2.A POSITION AT 1800 UTC  28/01/99 : 17.0S/88.4E (SEVENTEEN
    DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 2.5/3.0  /S  /12 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 992 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 35 KT
6.A ESTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 60 KM   SE30: 220 KM
    SW30: 230 KM   NW30: 180 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1005 HPA / 1300
    KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : SMALL
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 17.8S / 86.8E FI=3.0

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 18.6S / 85.5E FI=3.0

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 18.9S / 82.8E FI=2.5

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : THE TRACK IS FORECASTED TO
    MAINTAIN SOUTHWESTWARD DURING THE NEXT 24H AS A COL IS
    APPROACHING SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM, AND THEN TO HEAD MORE
    WESTWARD BEHIND THE COL. MODERATE NORTHEASTERLY SHEARING IS
    EXPECTED TO GO ON INHIBITING ANY INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.