Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 00:45:37 -0600

999
WTIO24 FMEE 180600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 16/A
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 18/01/99 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM ALDA  980 HPA
POSITION             : 27.5S/38.9E (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 230 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF
    CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/99 AT 1800 UTC: 29.5 SOUTH / 39.2 EAST
    DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
THE SYSTEM SHOWS AN EYE PATTERN AND DEVELOPS A LITTLE, IN SPITE
    OF NORTHWESTERLY SHEARING.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.