Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 11:39:48 -0600

885
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z FEB 99//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/051355Z FEB 99//
AMPN/REF IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
     (1) AT 051200Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S WAS LOCATED NEAR 19.3S3
112.7E1 MOVING WEST AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 051500Z) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
     (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 66E2
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11S2 58E3. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS INTERMITTENT CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A WEAK
CIRCULATION HAS DEVELOPED JUST NORTH OF THE CONVECTION. UPPER-
LEVEL DIFFLUENCE IS EVIDENT WITH MODERATE VERTICAL WINDSHEAR OVER
THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 24
HOURS IS POOR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PARSONS/MORRIS/BALDINGER/GLASS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.