Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 14:21:10 -0500

999
WTIO20 FMEE 041800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/04/99 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 18/E
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 04/04/99 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM EVRINA  988 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.8S/73.4E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE
    DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE AND EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN
    THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/04/99 AT 0600 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH / 70.4 EAST
    WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
REBUILT CONVECTION COMING NEARER THE CENTRE, SHOWING A WEAKENING
    OF THE NORTHWESTERLY SHEARIOG.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.