Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 06:04:41 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 021200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/04/99 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 9/E
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 02/04/99 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM EVRINA EX-FREDERIC
    975 HPA
POSITION             : 17.9S/85.3E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE AND EXTENDS UP TO 120 NM, MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN
    THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/04/99 AT 0000 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH / 82.9 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
CONVECTION REBUILTS NEAR THE CENTRE BUT THE SYSTEM IS STILL
    SHEARED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.