Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:48:55 -0600

999
WTIO20 FMEE 060000

PAN PAN
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 16/D
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 06/03/99 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE DAVINA  954 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.7S/79.8E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE
    DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM,
    MAINLY IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150
    NM MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/03/99 AT 1200 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH / 77.3 EAST
    STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
EXTENSION OF NEAR GALE AND GALE FORCE WINDS HAS BEEN VALIDATED BY
    AN ORBIT OF SATELLITE ERS 2.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.