Subject: Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:38:27 -0600

999
WTXS33 PGTW 181500
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S WARNING NR 006
   04 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   181200Z2 --- NEAR 14.7S2 73.4E4
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 145 DEGREES AT 04 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 090 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   REPEAT POSIT: 14.7S2 73.4E4
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   190000Z0 --- 15.3S9 73.1E1
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 230 DEG/ 04 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   191200Z3 --- 15.8S4 72.5E4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 235 DEG/ 04 KTS
    ---
   36 HRS, VALID AT:
   200000Z2 --- 16.3S0 71.8E6
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
181500Z5 POSITION NEAR 14.9S4 73.3E3. TROPICAL CYCLONE 29S HAS
TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA AT 04 KNOTS OVER THE
PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED UPON 181130Z9 ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY, AND THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED UPON
A SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATE OF 30 AND 35 KNOTS. ANIMATED
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A TOTALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER WITH THE CONVECTION BEING SHEARED TO THE WEST.
THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO RESUME ITS WESTWARD COURSE, SLOWLY, AS
THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE STRENGTHENS TO THE SOUTH. TC 29S IS EXPECTED
TO WEAKEN THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD AS IT REMAINS IN A HIGH WIND
SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 181200Z2 IS
12 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 190300Z3 (DTG 190155Z1) AND 191500Z6 (DTG
191355Z4). REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 27P (HALI) WARNINGS (WTPS31
PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE  28S
(ELAINE) WARNINGS (WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO
TROPICAL CYCLONE  30S (VANCE) WARNINGS (WTXS34 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-
HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.