Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 12:45:28 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

999
ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z MAY 99//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS
NORTHEAST OF SRI LANKA IN THE BAY OF BENGAL NEAR 11N2 83E1. ANIMATED
VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE LOW-LEVEL CLOUD
LINES ARE CURVING INTO THE BAY OF BENGAL FROM THE SOUTHWEST. IN
ADDITION, THE 041200Z7 SYNOPTIC DATA SHOWS A TROUGH EXTENDS OFF THE
SOUTHEAST CORNER OF INDIA INTO THE BAY OF BENGAL, AND A LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION MAY BE FORMING BENEATH THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.4S8
90.6E5, SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA, HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3S3 63E9
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN OVER THE
PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THIS CONVECTION
HAS INCREASED IN SIZE AND IS LOCATED IN THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH.
INDEED, THE 041200Z7 SURFACE SYNOPTIC DATA CONFIRMS THE CONVECTION
IS LOCATED OVER A BROAD TROUGH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SCHIBER/PARKER/BALDINGER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.