Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:23:57 -0500

218
WTIO20 FMEE 160000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 16/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.2S/79.2E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, AND UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT POSSIBLE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE UP TO
    50NM.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 15.6 SOUTH/77.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 15.8 SOUTH/75.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  DISSYMMETRICAL SYSTEM WITH STRONGER WINDS
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING FAR FROM THE CENTRE
    (CONFIRMED BY AN ERS PASS ON THE WESTERN EDGE).=