Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:46:16 -0600

873
WTIO20 FMEE 070000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 07/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.1S/79.6E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 270 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/77.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/76.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL MOVE WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD.
    THE CONVECTION IS CENTERED NEAR THE LOW.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.