Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:03:39 -0600

283
ABIO10 PGTW 140200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/140200Z/141800Z MAR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
    (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 14.2S7 128.6E7,
APPROXIMATELY 170 NM SOUTHWEST OF DARWIN, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED
INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICT PERSISTENT CONVECTION
OVER THE PAST 8 HOURS. RECENT QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER AND SYNOPTIC
DATA INDICATE A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THE UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS SHOWS THAT THIS AREA IS WITHIN A GENERALLY FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT BENEATH THE UPPER-LEVEL RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
    (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: RE-ISSUED TO ADD A POOR AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1)
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.