Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:28:16 -0600

572
WTIO20 FMEE 250000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 25/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 12   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.4S/91.0E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY ONE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 120 MN FROM
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 MN IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS
    UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 25/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/88.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/96.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS SHALL REACH THE
    MERIDIAN 90 EAST, NEAR 16 SOUTH, IN FEW HOURS. THE SYSTEM,
    WHICH SHOULD INTENSIFIE PROGRESSIVELY AND TRACK
    WESTNORTHWESTWARD, IS FORECASTED TO REACH 90 EAST IN 6 HOURS.=