Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 18:29:02 -0600

722
WTIO20 FMEE 060000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 06/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  NORMAN 975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.6S/92.8E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY TWO DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 20.9 SOUTH/91.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 21.3 SOUTH/90.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM WHICH IS APPROACHING OUR AREA
    SHOULD BEGIN TO GENERATE NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS WEST OF 90
    EAST IN THE NEXT 6 TO 12 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.