Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:48:35 -0600

354
WTIO20 FMEE 030000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 03/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.8S/85.4E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 15.1 SOUTH/84.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 15.1 SOUTH/83.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL EASTERLY SHEARED IN
    THE UPPER LEVELS, WHAT IT LIMITS ITS DEVELOPPEMENT AND KEEP
    THE CONVECTION AT YHE WEST OF THE CENTRE. THE CENTRE SEEMS TO
    BE ALMOST STATIONNARY, BUT ITS LOCATION IS NOT SURE ON THE
    NIGHT SATELLITE IMAGERY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.