Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:29:49 -0600

429
WTIO20 FMEE 210000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 21/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07  (EX-FELICIA )
    997 HPA
POSITION             : 16.5S/74.4E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE, IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT, BUT GALE FORCE WINDS POSSIBLE LOCALLY
    UNDER SQUALLS..
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/71.6 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 22/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.8 SOUTH/69.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE NORTHEASTERLY SHEARING SEEMS TO
    WEAKEN, CONVECTION HAS  REBUILT NEAR THE CENTRE MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CERCLE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.