Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:31:14 -0600

660
WTIO20 FMEE 261800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 26/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
    974 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.6S/83.5E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY THREE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/81.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 14.6 SOUTH/79.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH,
    AND TO THE FAST MOVING WESTNORTHWESTWARDS.=