Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:41:43 -0500

844
ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800Z/131800Z AUG 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 4.5S9 68.7E1. THE
CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)
EVIDENT IN A RECENT QUICKSCATT PASS. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE
AREA IS STRONG, AS EVIDENT IN SATELLITE IMAGERY AND UW-CIMSS
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PRODUCT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 10.5S6 81.3E2.
THE CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) EVIDENT IN A RECENT QUICKSCATT PASS. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER
THE AREA IS STRONG, AS EVIDENT IN SATELLITE IMAGERY AND UW-CIMSS
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PRODUCT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/JACKSON//