Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bullletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 14:13:19 -0600

669
WTIO30 FMEE 061800
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 2/11/19992000
1.A TROPICAL CYCLONE NORMAN
2.A POSITION AT 1800 UTC  06/03/2000 : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 21.9S/92.3E (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND
    NINETY TWO DECIMAL THJEE DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 3.5/4.5 PLUS /D 0.5/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 960 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 70 KT
6.A ESTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 120 KM   SE30: 220 KM
    SW30: 180 KM   NW30: 100 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1000 HPA / 600 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : MEDIUM
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 22.9S / 92.2E FI=4.0

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 24.1S / 92.0E FI=3.5

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 26.6S / 92.9E FI=3.0

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : T=3.5- AND CI=4.5+. THE
    SYSTEM, ANALYSED AS BANDS PATTERN, SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN
    WEAKENING FOR THE LAST HOURS. IT SHOULD TRACK SOUTHWARD, THEN
    SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD WITH THE ARRIVAL OF A THALWEG IN THE
    SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.