Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:30:35 -0600

885
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z NOV 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110751Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.7S5
82.1E1 IS NOW LOCATED 11.2S4 79.7E3, APPROXIMATELY 480 NM
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF A). VISIBLE AND ENHANCED INFRARED ANIMATION
DEPICTS PERSISTENT, BUT, CYCLING CONVECTION DURING THE PAST 24
HOURS. 111200Z5 200 MB ANAL INDICATES SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS
EXTENDING OVER THE REGION. SEE (WTXS21 110800 PGTW) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS NOW GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WILSON/WHITCOMB/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//