Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:39:19 -0500

762
WTIO20 FMEE 141200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 14/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 14   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.2S/84.5E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE,
    AND LOCALLY UP TO 450 MN IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 11.6 SOUTH/84.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/83.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFO
MATIONS   :  WINDS ARE WEAK NEAR THE CENTRE BUT
    STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, QUITE FAR FROM THE
    CENTRE.
AT THIS STAGE, THE SYSTEM DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR
    WARNINGS. HOWEVER, A NEW WARNING WILL BE ISSUED IN CASE OF
    INTENSIFICATION.=