Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bullletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:43:17 -0600

989
WTIO30 FMEE 231800
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 10/7/19992000
1.A SEVERE TROPICAL STORM (FELICIA)
2.A POSITION AT 1800 UTC  23/02/2000 : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 28.1S/65.3E (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND
    SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 1.5/3.5 PLUS /W 0.5/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 984 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 50 KT
6.A ESTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 200 KM   SE30: 400 KM
    SW30: 300 KM   NW30: 150 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1004 HPA / 800 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : SMALL
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 29.9S / 63.6E FI=3.0

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 30.3S / 61.1E FI=2.5

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : EXTRATROPICAL
4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : THE SYQTEM, STRONGLY
    SHEARED, SHOULD QUICKLY WEAKEN. THE EXPOSED CENTRE SHOULD
    TRACK MORE SOUTHWESTWARD DUE TO THE HIGH IN TE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.