Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 19:19:58 -0500

575
WTIO20 FMEE 170000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 17/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14  (INNOCENTE )
 8  997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.4S/76.5E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY  UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM INTHE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRON GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 15.4 SOUTH/74.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 15.5 SOUTH/73.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS SLIGHTLLY REBUILT OVER THE
    CENTRE THAT REMAINS DIFFICULT TO PRECISELY LOCATE ON THE
    INFRARED IMAGERY. STRONGER WINDS REMAINS LOCATED IN THE SOUTH
    OF THE SYSTEM, DUE TO ITS TRACK AND TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE
    HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=