Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 01:07:48 -0500

575
WTIO20 FMEE 150600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 15/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 14   1000 HPA
POSITION             : 13.7S/82.5E (THIRTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/80.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/79.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  WINDS ARE WEAK NEAR THE CENTRE BUT
     STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.CONVECTION HAS SLIGHLY
 REBUILT NEAR THE CENTRE.
 AT THIS STAGE, THE SYSTEM DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR
     WARNINGS.=