Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:46:11 -0600

683
ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/040751Z DEC 00//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 040600Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 03B WAS LOCATED NEAR
10.5N6 61.9E6 OVER THE CENTRAL ARABIAN SEA AND MOVING WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD AT 14 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 30 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 040900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.7S0
125.9E7, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.2S8 125.2E0 NEAR KURI BAY (KIMBERLEY
COAST), WEST AUSTRALIA. ENHANCED INFRARED ANIMATION DEPICTS
DEVELOPING DEEP CONVECTION JUST OFFSHORE, NORTHWEST OF THE LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE SYSTEM
IS BENEATH THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 996 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//