Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:14:44 -0600

221
WTIO20 FMEE 031800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 03/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.3S/84.1E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 60 MN AND
    300 MN FROM THE CENTRE INE THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT.
    STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.1 SOUTH/83.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/84.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM ALWAYS SHOWS AN EASTERLY
    SHEARED PATTERN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.