Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:37:58 -0500

076
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z OCT 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI 261651 OCT 00/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.7N2
90.3E2, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.4N1 88.0E6, IN THE CENTRAL BAY OF
BENGAL. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES SCATTERED
CONVECTION ABOUT A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE
CONVECTION HAS BEEN INTENSE AT TIMES, BUT DOES HAS NOT SUSTAINED
ITSELF. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATES A BROAD LLCC WITH
STRONGER WINDS TO ACROSS THE NORHTERN PART OF THE BAY. UW-
CIMSS SATELLITE DERIVED WIND PRODUCTS INDICATE GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT
AND WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//