Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 00:24:54 -0600

940
WTIO20 FMEE 250600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 25/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
    992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.3S/89.2E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN SECTOR AND UP TO 280 MN IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 25/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/86.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/84.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED RAPIDLY DURING
    THE LAST HOURS WHILE ENTERING OUR AREA.
STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT
    WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=