Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:45:40 -0500

685
WTIO20 FMEE 030000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THUSDAY 03/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 7.9S/75.3E

MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST AT 12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : FREQUENT SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 350
    NM IN THE WESTERN SEMI6CIRCLE AND MORE LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN
THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 220 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 8.8 SOUTH/74.6 EAST
 INCREASING INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 9.2 SOUTH/73.5 EAST
 INCREASING INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS SOUTSOUTHWESTWARD MORE
RAPIDLY. THE CONVECTION HAS INCREASED BUT REMAINS BADLY ORGANISED.
DURING THE NIGHT, THE LOCATION OF THE CENTRE REMAINS UNCERTAIN.=