Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:29:44 -0500

725
WTIO20 FMEE 061200
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 051/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 06/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.5S/38.7E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SMUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    MN RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 19.4 SOUTH/38.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/37.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE HAS MOV
D AWAY FROM THE
    MOZAMBIQUE COAST BUT THE ACTIVE CLOUD MASS IS STILL AFFECTING
    THE COASTAL AREAS.=