Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:57:11 -0600

718
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/101351Z FEB 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 101200Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON-ELINE) WAS LOCATED
AT 18.0S9 78.0E5, AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 13 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 101500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12S3
118.4E4 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12S3 108E9
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12S3 101E2, SOUTH OF SUMATRA. RECENT
SCATTEROMETER IMAGERY INDICATE A DEVELOPING LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH ASSOCIATED WITH THE
CONVECTION. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SUGGEST FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY L0CATED NEAR 18S9
121.5E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18S9 120E3, OFF NORTHWESTERN
AUSTRALIA. SYNOPTIC DATA CONTINUE TO REVEAL LOW SURFACE PRESSURES
EXTENDING INLAND ALONG THE A REGION OF BROAD TROUGHING. A LLCC ALSO
APPEARS TO BE REMAINING JUST INLAND OF THE PRIMARY OFFSHORE
CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1000 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (4) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 10S1 55E0 HAS
DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (5) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/BALDINGER/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.