Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 14:20:41 -0600

087
WTIO20 FMEE 021800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 02/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 10   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.9S/73.4E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SECTOR, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/73.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 12.1 SOUTH/72.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL UNDERGOES EASTERLY RAPID
    FLOWS IN THE UPPER LEVELS. IT'S HARD TO LOCATE THE CENTRE ON
    THE NIGHT SATTELITES IMAGERY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.