Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 07:16:02 -0500

553
WTIO20 FMEE 161200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 16/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (INNOCENTE )
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.7S/77.6E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE EXTENDING
    LOCALLY UP TO 50 MN FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, AND UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/75.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/73.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS WESTSOUTHWESTWARD AND
    STAYS DISSYMMETRICAL WITH STRONGER WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING FAR FROM THE CENTRE.