Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 06:47:13 -0600

938
WTIO20 FMEE 201200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 20/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 07  (FELICIA )
    993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.3S/76.3E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO
    250 NM FROM THE CENTRE, IN THE WESTERN SOUTHERN AND EASTERN
    SECTORS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/74.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH/72.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  TWO CENTRES CAN BE DETECTED. THE SECOND
    ONE IS LOCATED BY 15.1 SOUTH AND 76.9 EAST AT 12 UTC. THE
    SYSTEM HAS CLEARLY WEAKENED SINCE LAST NIGHT, DUE TO A STRONG
    EASTERLY TO NORTHEASTERLY SHEAR.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.