Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:09:58 -0600

180
WTIO20 FMEE 251800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 25/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
    978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.3S/87.8E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN SECTOR AND LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/86.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 14.9 SOUTH/84.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.
    WEAK SHEAR ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF THE SYSTEM=