Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 06:26:43 -0600

472
WTIO20 FMEE 091200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 026/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 09/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
    954 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.8S/67.9E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 200 MN IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 70/80 AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT, VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/65.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 21.5 SOUTH/64.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTTLY INTENSIFIED. IT
    MOVES WESTSOUTHWESTWARD, BUT IT SHOULD TRACK MORE
    SOUTHWESTWARD DURING THE NEXT 24H.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.