Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 19:21:55 -0600

475
WTIO20 FMEE 070000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 07/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.9S/82.5E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 130 AND 350
    NM FROM THE CENTRE ONLY IN THE WESTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING UP TO 90 MN WITHIN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CERCLE. STRONG
    GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/84.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/85.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM, STILL EASTERLY SHEARED IN
    HIGH LEVEL, IS BEING DISORGANISING. THE CENTRE TRACKS
    EASTWARD, FAR FROM THE CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.