Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 00:24:44 -0600

237
WTIO20 FMEE 120600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 037/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    995 HPA
POSITION             : 27.7S/70.1E (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, UP TO 220 NM DISTANCE FROM THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SAME QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE, BUT
    WINDS OF 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS ARE POSSIBLE LOCALLY UP
    TO 120 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 30.0 SOUTH/71.2 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 31.8 SOUTH/72.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL WEAKENING BUT STRONG
    WINDS MAINTAIN IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT QUITE FAR FROM
    THE CENTRE, DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT (HIGH) AND THE RAPID
    SOUTHEASTWARD MOVEMENT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.