Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:13:47 -0500

393
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z APR 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/181351Z APR 00//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/180753Z APR 00//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/180752Z APR 00//
NARR/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 181200Z2 TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (PAUL) WAS LOCATED NEAR
14.6S1 95.2E6, APPROXIMATELY 165 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF COCOS ISLAND,
AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 95 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 115 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW
181500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 180600Z5 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (INNOCENTE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 17.3S1 73.5E5, ABOUT 590 NM SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND WAS
MOVING WESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED
AT 45 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 180900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) AT 180600Z5 TROPICAL CYCLONE 27S (ROSITA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.5S2 119.0E1, ABOUT 230 NM NORTH OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA, AND
WAS MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 04 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 50 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTXS33 PGTW
170900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.