Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 02:41:13 -0500

678
WTIO20 FMEE 020600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTREGXLA REUNION
02/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 02/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 6.2S/77.2E
    (SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    WESTERN, SOUTHERN AND LOCALLY SOUTHEASTERN SECTORS.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 200 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/08/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 6.3 SOUTH/77.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 6.4 SOUTH/76.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGER WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE
    TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH. THE
    SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTLY WEAKENED DURING THE PAST 24 HOURS.=