Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:58:53 -0600

322
ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800Z/131800Z NOV 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/121351Z NOV 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 121200Z6, TROPICAL CYCLONE 02S WAS LOCATED NEAR 11.2S4
79.3E9, APPROXIMATELY 460 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND WAS
MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.2S4
79.7E3 IS NOW LOCATED AT 11.0S2 79.5E1 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WILSON/WHITCOMB/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//