Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 00:13:35 -0600

519
WTIO20 FMEE 030600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 03/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.6S/85.5E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 90 MN AND
    350 MN FROM THE CENTRE INE THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT.
    STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/84.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/84.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS WEAKENING. IT HAS TRACKED
    SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE LAST 12 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.