Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 20:23:06 -0500

801
WTIO20 FMEE 061800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 052/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 06/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.9S/38.6E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTCE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM GORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 19.7 SOUTH/38.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 20.5 SOUTH/37.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CYCLONE HAS INTENSIFIED DURING THE
    LAST 3 HOURS, WITH A EYE WELL DEFINED (10 NM DIAMETER).=