Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:30:47 -0600

399
WTIO20 FMEE 100000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VULID   : THURSDAY 10/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE)EX-LEON
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.2S/80.6E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    WESTERN ANJ SOUTHERN SECTORS, AND LOCALLY UP TO 320 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND EVEN LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/77.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 18.1 SOUTH/74.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS (NEAR GALE FORCE) EXTEND FAR
    IN THE SOUTH DUE TO A STRONG HIGH.
THE TRACK IS STILL WESTWARD. CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED DURING THE
    NIGHT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.