Subject: Indian-N: **** Corrective ****

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:17:21 -0600

680
WTIO20 FMEE 010000 CCA
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 01/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 05  (DAMIENNE)
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.3S/76.5E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CERCLE,
    EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTH-EASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    25 MN RADIUS FROM THE CENTER. HIGH GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 14.0 SOUTH/77.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/77.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CLEAR INTESIFICATION OF THE SYSTEM. UNDER
    A SPREAD CLUSTER OF CONVECTION, THE POSITION OF THE CENTER
    STAYS NOT SURE.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.