Subject: Indian-N: The Southwest Indian Ocean

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 05:45:39 -0600

291
WTIO20 FMEE 011112
 BULLETIN FOR CYCLONIC ACTIVITY AND SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER IN
THE SOUTHWEST  INDIAN OCEAN

DATE:  01/12/30 AT 1200 UTC

PART 1 :
 WARNING SUMMARY : NIL.

PART 2 :
 TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION  :

A WEAK CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 10/15 KTS STILL EXISTS IN THE
NORTH-EAST OF DIEGO-GARCIA, WITH A CENTRE LOCATED NEAR 7S/69E
ACCORDING TO QUIKSCAT DATA (01/12/30 AT 0H54 UTC). ASSOCIATED
CONVECTION REMAINS WEAK AND POORLY ORGANIZED. IN THIS AREA,
NORTHEASTERLY VERTICAL WINDSHEAR IS WEAK TO MODERATE.

NWP MODELS DO NOT DEVELOP ANY SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL LOW  AT SHORT
RANGE.

FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS, POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A TROPICAL
DEPRESSION REMAINS POOR.=