Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 07:41:50 -0500

374
WTIO20 FMEE 171200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 17/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14  (EX-INNOCENTE )
    997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.7S/75.8E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, , EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRON GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.7 SOUTH/74.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH/72.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS REBUILT OVER A CENTRE NEAR
    16.7S/75.8E DURING THE LAST HOURS, CENTRE RELOCATED
    SOUTHWARDS, AND INTENSIFICATION OH THE SYSTEM.=