Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:35:37 -0500

661
WTIO20 FMEE 181800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 18/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (INNOCENTE )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.7S/72.0E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO
    DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    35 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/70.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.8 SOUTH/69.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGS WINDS PERSIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    PART OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH
    PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=