Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bullletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:38:54 -0600

965
WTIO30 FMEE 010600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 3/5/19992000
1.A MODERATE TROPICAL STORM (DAMIENNE)
2.A POSITION AT 0600 UTC  01/02/2000 : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 13.5S/78.5E (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND
    SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 3.0/3.0  /D 1.0/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 992 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 40 KT
6.A ESTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 60 KM   SE30: 110 KM
    SW30: 110 KM   NW30: 60 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1008 HPA / 1000
    KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : MEDIUM
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 14.8S / 79.7E FI=3.0

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 16.0S / 79.5E FI=3.5

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 18.0S / 76.0E FI=3.5

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : THE SYSTEM LOCATED ON THE
    NORTHEASTERN EDGE OF A HIGH LEVEL TROUGH SHOULD INCURVE MORE
    SOUTHWARD DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS. THEN IT MIGHT TRACK
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD DUE TO A RIDGE (AT 500 HPA).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.