Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:25:56 -0600

584
WTIO20 FMEE 310000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 025/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 31/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.9S/64.1E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM WITHIN
    THE NORTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 25 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/61.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/59.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE
    RATHER RAPID WESTWARD MOTION.=