Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:01:17 -0600

281
WTIO20 FMEE 121200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 038/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 28.5S/71.3E
    (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, UP TO 250 NM DISTANCE FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE, BUT
    WINDS OF 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS ARE POSSIBLE LOCALLY UP
    TO 120 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 30.3 SOUTH/73.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: EXTRATROPICAL
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS WEAKENED BUT STRONG WINDS
    MAINTAIN IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT QUITE FAR FROM THE
    CENTRE, DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT (HIGH) AND THE RAPID
    SOUTHEASTWARD MOVEMENT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.