Subject: Indian-N: The Southwest Indian Ocean

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 05:05:43 -0600

406
WTIO20 FMEE 010952
BULLETIN FOR CYCLONIC ACTIVITY AND SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER IN
THE SOUTHWEST  INDIAN OCEAN

DATE:  00/04/01 AT 1200 UTC

PART 1 :
 WARNING SUMMARY :

WARNINGS (N 30/12 AND FOLLOWINGS) RELATED TO THE INTENSE TROPICAL
CYCLONE HUDAH.

HUDAH HAS INTENSIFIED THIS MORNING (915 HPA) AND HAS CURVED ITS
TRACK WESTNORTHWESTWARD.

PART 2 :
 TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION  :

AN AREA OF MODERATE AND FLUCTUATING CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED IN THE
EAST OF THE BASIN, BETWEEN 06 AND 16 SOUTH, FROM 70 TO 90 EAST,
WITHIN A BROAD AREA OF LOW PRESSURES. NO CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION CAN
BE DETECTED ON THE SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE UPPER LEVEL SHEAR IS VERY
WEAK.

NWP MODELS DEVELOP TROPICAL SYSTEM IN THIS AREA, BUT WITH WEAK
INTENSITY AT SHORT RANGE.

FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS, POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW TROPICAL
DEPRESSION REMAINS POOR (BUT SHOULD BE UPGRATED FAIR BEYOND).=