Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 00:27:59 -0600

527
WTIO20 FMEE 020600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 02/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05  (EX-DAMIENNE)
    997 HPA
POSITION             : 16.1S/76.8E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 300 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    25 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/75.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/73.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS SOUTHWESTWARD, AND HAS
    WEAKENED DUE TO A STRONG NORTHERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.