Subject: Indian-N: **** Corrective ****

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 02:16:41 -0600

443
WTIO20 FMEE 070600 CCA
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 07/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    988 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.6S/78.5E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 280 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/76.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.9 SOUTH/74.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM DEVELOPS, AND HAS SHOWED A CDO
    MORE CIRCULAR.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.