Subject: Indian-N: The Southwest Indian Ocean

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:38:44 -0600

176
WTIO20 FMEE 151105
BULLETIN FOR CYCLONIC ACTIVITY AND SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER IN
THE SOUTHWEST  INDIAN OCEAN

DATE:  00/03/15 AT 1200 UTC

PART 1 :
 WARNING SUMMARY : NIL

PART 2 :
 TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION  :

ITCZ IS WEAKLY DEFINED, WITH VERY LITTLE CONVECTION ON THE AREA.

HOWEVER, CONVECTION LOCATED YESTERDAY BOTH ON MOZAMBIQUE AND
MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL STILL PERSISTS, WITH A REVIVAL OF ACTIVITY OVER
THE LAST HOURS.
THIS CONVECTION SPREADS BETWEEN 18 AND 26 S, FROM 30 TO 40 E. IT IS
PARTICULARLY ACTIVE SOUTH OF BEIRA, BETWEEN 20 AND 23 S, GENERATING
HEAVY RAINS.

BRACKNELL DEVELOPS AT MIDDLE RANGE A MINIMUM OF ABSOLUTE VORTICITY
IN THE VICINITY OF COMOROS ISLANDS.
OTHERWISE, MODELS DO NOT DEVELOP ANY SIGNIFICANT FEATURES AT MIDDLE
RANGE.

FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS, POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A TROPICAL
DEPRESSION IS POOR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.