Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:30:16 -0600

861
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.6S5
80.3E1, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.0N2 81.0E9 EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO
GARCIA. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES STRONG CONVECTION WITH
GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT, ALTHOUGH NO CYCLONIC TURNING IS EVIDENT IN THE
IMAGERY. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PRODUCT INDICATES MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE CONVECTION. A RECENT QUICKSCATT PASS
INDICATES A POSSIBLE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION BENEATH THE CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//