Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 13:17:13 -0600

826
WTIO20 FMEE 081800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 08/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
    960 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.1S/70.9E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS UP TO 270 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.7 SOUTH/68.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/66.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GOES ON INTENSIFYING. THE EYE
    IS FLUCTUATING IN A CDO BECOMING LARGER AND MORE SYMETRICAL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.