Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bullletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 01:00:58 -0600

549
WTIO30 FMEE 070600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 3/11/19992000
1.A SEVERE TROPICAL STORM NORMAN
2.A POSITION AT 0600 UTC  07/03/2000 : 23.2S/91.6E (TWENTY THREE
    DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY ONE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 3.5/4.0  /W 1.0/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 972 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 60 KT
6.A ESTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 110 KM   SE30: 330 KM
    SW30: 330 KM   NW30: 110 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1000 HPA / 600 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : MEDIUM
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 24.5S / 90.8E FI=4.0

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 25.3S / 89.3E FI=3.5

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 25.0S / 85.3E FI=3.0

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : T=3.5+, CI=4.0+.
THE SYSTEM IS WEAKENING. IT SHOULD TRACK SOUTHWESTWARD THEN
    WESTWARD OVER THE NEXT 48 HOURS AS THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
    BUILDS IN THE SOUTH WEST.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.