Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:41:42 -0600

810
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/131351Z FEB 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 131200Z7 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON-ELINE) WAS LOCATED
AT 16.1S8 62.6E4, AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 50 KNOTS GUSTING TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 131500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.5S0
98.0E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.5S0 99.5E3, SOUTH OF SUMATRA.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS PERSISTENT CONVECTION ASSOCIATED
WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. A RECENT SCATTEROMETER PASS
INDICATES A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IN THE AREA. VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATED POSSIBLE MULTIPLE CIRCULATION CENTERS. UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS SHOWS WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA AND AN UPPER-
LEVEL ANTICYCLONE, ABOVE THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
AT 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/PARKER/DAWSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.