Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:08:46 -0600

480
WTIO20 FMEE 111800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 035/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 11/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 25.4S/68.8E
    (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT
    DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 27.1 SOUTH/70.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 28.6 SOUTH/72.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL TRACKS SOUTHEASTWARD.
    DUE TO THE NORTHWESTERLY SHEAR, IT CONTINUES TO WEAKEN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.