Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:34:00 -0500

419
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z OCT 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.1N6
67.3E6 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE CENTRAL ARABIAN SEA
FOR THE PAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY CONTINUE TO DEPICT AN EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC). HOWEVER, THE DEEP CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE
LLCC HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS AND THE LLCC APPEARS
WEAKER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/WAUGAMAN/JACKSON/HARRISON//