Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 18:05:25 -0600

373
WTIO20 FMEE 260000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 26/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
    978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.0S/86.5E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/84.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/81.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.

THE SYSTEM HAS LIGHTLY WEAKENED DURING THE LAST HOURS.=