Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 18:50:47 -0600

097
WTIO20 FMEE 020000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 02/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 05  (DAMIENNE)
    992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.7S/77.7E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 19.5 SOUTH/75.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 21.1 SOUTH/72.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS CURVED SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD.
    NO EVLUTION OF INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.