Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:28:44 -0500

698
WTIO20 FMEE 041800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 044/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 04/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : 15.8S/41.6E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FORTY ONE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY  UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
 GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS UP TO 55
    NM FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/40.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH/38.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM KEEPS ON INTENSIFYING AND HAS
    THE POTENTIAL TO CONTINUE TO INTENSIFY TILL ITS LANDFALL ON
    MOZAMBIQUE.=