Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:24:10 -0600

426
WTIO20 FMEE 291800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 29/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    954 HPA
POSITION             : 17.0S/70.3E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/68.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/66.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE
    RATHER RAPID WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOVEMENT.=