Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:38:03 -0600

545
WTIO20 FMEE 010000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 01/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.4S/52.7E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS IN
    SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 01/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 11.5 SOUTH/50.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/49.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM REMAINS EASTERLY SHEARED. IT
    SHOULD TRACK GENERALLY WESTWARD FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS, UNDER
    THE INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE THAT SHIFTS SLOWLY
    WESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.