Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:03:26 -0600

214
ABIO10 PGTW 311800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/311800Z DEC 99/011800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/311351 DEC 99/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 311200Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 03S (ASTRIDE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 13.4S8 50.7E2, ABOUT 42 NM EAST OF VOHEMAR, MADAGASCAR, AND WAS
MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE 40 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW
311500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15S6
122E5, APPROXIMATELY 70 NM NORTHWEST OF THE KIMBERLEY COAST IS
MOVING ONSHORE AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.5S4 89E7
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 85E3 EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA.
ANIMATED INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE PERSISTENT
BUT DISORGANIZED CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC DATA SUGGESTS THE CONVECTION
IS ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD SURFACE TROUGH WHICH EXTENDS ACROSS THE
SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO
15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/NEAULT/DAWSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.