Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 00:51:34 -0600

791
WTIO20 FMEE 210600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 21/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 07  (FELICIA )
    992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.0S/73.3E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH/71.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.8 SOUTH/69.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS LIGHTLY INTENSIFIED DURING
    THE LAST HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.