Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:59:45 -0600

453
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z NOV 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/130351Z NOV 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FINAL WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY THE SUBJECT OF
A TROPICAL CYCLONE FINAL WARNING IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.6S5 80.3E1,
APPROXIMATELY 485 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. A 131305Z3
SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICTS A FULLY EXPOSED WEAK
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH ISOLATED CONVECTION EAST OF
THE LLCC. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//