Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 00:21:04 -0600

182
WTIO20 FMEE 060600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 06/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.6S/81.7E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN AND NORTHEASTERN
    QUADRANTS.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 13.4 SOUTH/80.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.2 SOUTH/78.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED DURING THE LAS
    NIGHT AND HAS BEEN NAMED MODERATE TROPICAL STORM BABIOLA
    TODAY AT 02 UTC.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.