Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:37:43 -0600

713
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.4N8 72.6E5
IN THE ARABIAN SEA HAS DISSIPATED AND THEREFORE, NO LONGER SUSPECT
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN NEXT 24
HOURS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.4S3
85.6E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.7S5 82.1E2, APPROXIMATELY 577 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. VISIBLE AND INFRARED ANIMATION DEPICTS
CYCLING CONVECTION OVER THE PERIPHERY OF THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER. 200 MB ANAL INDICATES AN UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT OVER THE
REGION. IMPROVED ORGANIZATION IS FORECAST AS THE SYSTEM TRACKS WEST-
SOUTHWESTWARD BENEATH THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS
FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WHITCOMB/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//