Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:56:27 -0500

785
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z AUG 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.0S6
67.0E3 HAS WEAKENED SIGNIFICANTLY. THE CONVECTION APPEARS TO BE
RELATED TO LINEAR CONVERGENCE. THE 141200Z8 GRADIENT LEVEL SYNOPTIC
ANALYSIS REVEALS A WEAK CIRCULATION NORTH OF THE CONVECTION NEAR THE
EQUATOR. THEREFORE THIS REGION IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/MORRIS/BELSON/CUTMAN//