Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:48:53 -0600

709
WTIO20 FMEE 071800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 07/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.7S/75.8E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 16.6 SOUTH/73.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH/71.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL TRACKING
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD, INTENSIFYING SLIGTHLY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.