Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:11:46 -0500

386
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z APR 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/211351Z APR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 211200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (PAUL) WAS LOCATED NEAR
15.3S9 92.1E2, APPROXIMATELY 335 NM SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS,
AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW
211500) FOR FINAL WARNING.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.0S8
66.5E7, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.7S4 64.5S5 NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS.
ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY CONTINUES TO DEPICT THE REMNANTS OF
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (INNOCENTE) AS AN EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC). THE LLCC CONTINUES TO REMAIN IN AN UNFAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/NEAULT//