Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:32:19 -0600

140
ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z NOV 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/180721Z NOV 00//
AMPN/REF A IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
      A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
      B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
      A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
      B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
            (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2

85.9E2 REMAINS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
(SEE REF A WTXS21 PGTW 180730). THE AREA IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.9S2
86.4E8, SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ENHANCED INFRARED AND VISIBLE
ANIMATION DEPICTS LITTLE CHANGE IN THE CONVECTIVE STRUCTURE OF THE
SYSTEM. RECENT   MICROWAVE IMAGERY SHOWS A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER WITH CONVECTION SHEARED TO THE SOUTH. UW-
CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PRODUCT INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS IN A WEAK
TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
            (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//