Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:30:09 -0500

090
WTIO20 FMEE 171800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 17/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (INNOCENTE)
    996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.9S/74.5E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE EXTENDING
    LOCALLY UP TO 150 MN FROM RHE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH/72.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH/71.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS BETTER ORGANISED AND HAS
    LIGHTLY INTENSIFIED AGAIN. IT TRACKS WESTSOUTHWESTWARD AND
    STAYS VERY DISSYMETRICAL WITH STRONGS WINDS IN THE SOUTH.=