Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 00:36:21 -0600

907
WTIO20 FMEE 300600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 30/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    954 HPA
POSITION             : 16.8S/67.8E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM WITHIN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH/65.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.1 SOUTH/63.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  A LITTLE EYE HAS APPARED DURING THE LAST
    HOURS. STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE RATHER
    RAPID WESTWARD MOTION.=