Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bullletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 00:51:13 -0600

557
WTIO30 FMEE 050600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 5/2/19992000
1.A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE
2.A POSITION AT 0600 UTC  05/01/2000 : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 10.4S/84.4E (TEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY
    FOUR DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 2.0/2.0  /S  /24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 999 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 25 KT
6.A ESTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30:        SE30:
    SW30:        NW30:
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1004 HPA / 1300
    KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : SMALL
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 10.0S / 85.2E FI=2.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 11.2S / 84.8E FI=2.5

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 13.0S / 82.5E FI=3.5

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : THE INTENSITY OF THE SYSTEM
    IS STILL WEAK (CONVECTION HAS REBUILT OVER THE CENTER JUST
    RECENTLY). IT IS FORECAST TO BACKTRACK SOUTHWARD, THEN
    SOUTHWESTWARD BEFORE 24 HOURS, AND THEN FIND MORE FAVORABLE
    CONDITIONS FOR INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.