Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 13:10:53 -0500

468
WTIO20 FMEE 161800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 16/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14  (INNOCENTE )
    997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.6S/76.9E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRON GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 17/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/74.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 15.8 SOUTH/72.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS CLEARLY WEAKENED DURING
    THE LAST 6 HOURS. STRONGER WINDS REMAINS LOCATED IN THE SOUTH
    OF THE SYSTEM, DUE TO ITS TRACK AND TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE
    HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=