Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 13:56:58 -0500

615
WTIO20 FMEE 021800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 036/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 02/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : VERY INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )

    905 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.0S/50.4E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/120 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 30 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 110
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
SOUTH.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/48.4 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 03/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/46.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CYCLONE HUDAH IS LANDING ACTUALLY (AT
    18 UTC) ON MADAGASCAR ISLAND, ON ANTALAHA.=