Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 07:18:26 -0600

616
WTIO20 FMEE 161200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16?02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 033/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 16/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 06  (ELINE )
    966 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.5S/51.7E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY ONE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 280 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR
    THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 20.7 SOUTH/50.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 20.5 SOUTH/49.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSITY REMAINS STATIONNARY OVER THE
    LAST HOURS.  THE SYSTEM KEEPS TRACKING WESTSOUTHWESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.