Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:47:47 -0600

284
WTIO20 FMEE 081200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 08/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
    965 HPA
POSITION             : 16.9S/72.0E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/69.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/68.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED DURING THE
    LAST HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.