Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 06:12:41 -0600

244
WTIO20 FMEE 081200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 08/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06 (LEON)993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.0S/90.8E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 220 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT REACHING LOCALLY 45 KT AND VERY ROUGH
    TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/88.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.1 SOUTH/85.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM, ACTUALLY LOCATED ON THE
    AUSTRALIAN RESPONSABILITY AREA WILL CROSS THE 90 EAST AT 15
    UTC APPROXIMATIVELY AND WILL CALL ELINE BY MAURICIAN
    METEOROLOGY OFFICE=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.