Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 03:30:18 -0500

236
WTIO20 FMEE 140600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 14/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SUBTROPICAL CYCLONE 13   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.8S/39.2E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE
    DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 MN IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
    STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 25.0 SOUTH/40.4 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 15/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 25.2 SOUTH/41.4 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS WEAKENING BY NORTHWESTERLY
    SHEARING.=