Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:48:43 -0600

109
WTIO20 FMEE 060000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 06/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 02   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.0S/82.8E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 80 NM IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 06/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 12.4 SOUTH/81.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 12.8 SOUTH/80.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED. THE CENTRE
    HAS BEEN RELOCATED WESTWARDS ACCORDING TO THE LAST ERS DATA
    (17H21).

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.