Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:33:55 -0600

441
WTIO20 FMEE 310600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 026/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 31/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    950 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.0S/62.9E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM WITHIN
    THE NORTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 170 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/60.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/58.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS CLEARLY INTENSIFYED DURING
    THE LAST HOURS, WITH THE FORMATION OF AN EYE. IT TRACKS
    RAPIDLY WESTWARD. WINDS STAY STONGER IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.=