Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:30:07 -0600

052
WTIO20 FMEE 121800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 039/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 02  (EX-BABIOLA)
    998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 29.5S/72.3E
    (TWENTY NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, UP TO 300 NM DISTANCE FROM THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, BUT WINDS OF 35 KT ARE LOCALLY
    POSSIBLE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: EXTRATROPICAL
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: EXTRATROPICAL
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GOES ON WEAKENING,AND WILL
    PASS THE 30S IN THE NEXT HOURS. LAST BULLETIN ON THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.