Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 01:31:33 -0500

632
WTIO20 FMEE 160600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 16/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14   996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.4S/78.9E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, AND UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT POSSIBLE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE UP TO
    50 MN
FORECASTED POSITION 16/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/77.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.9 SOUTH/75.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE HAS BEEN LIGHTLY RELOCATED,
    BASED ON VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY.
THE SYSTEM IS MORE ORGANISED, BUT IT STAYS DISSYMMETRICAL WITH
    STRONGER WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING FAR
    FROM THE CENTRE.