Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 03:57:47 -0500

183
WTIO20 FMEE 080600

SECURITE
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 058/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 08/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : OVERLAND CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    960 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.1S/38.3E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTH  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHWESTERN AND NORTHEASTERN SECTORS.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 16.3 SOUTH/38.1 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 09/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.4 SOUTH/37.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS WEAKENING WILL IT IS MAKING
    A LANDFALL.=