Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:07:05 -0500

481
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z APR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7
63.1E0, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7 62.7E5 NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS.
ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY CONTINUES TO DEPICT THE REMNANTS OF
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (INNOCENTE) AS AN EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC). THE LLCC CONTINUES TO REMAIN IN AN UNFAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.3S0
90.3E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.1S8 88.7E3 AND IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE
REMNANT LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER OF TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (PAUL).
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS AN AREA OF CONVECTION TO THE
SOUTHEAST OF A WELL-DEFINED LLCC. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS DEPICTS WEAK TO
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA WITH THE CONVECTION BEING
SHEARED FROM THE NORTHWEST. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR
1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/NEAULT/THOMAS//