Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:07:56 -0500

290
WTIO20 FMEE 011800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/08/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 01/08/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : 6.5S/78.0E (SIX DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH
    AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SECTOR AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT FREQUENTLY REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 240 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 6.9 SOUTH/76.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/08/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 7.5 SOUTH/75.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE
    TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.=