Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:52:02 -0600

575
ABIO10 PGTW 281800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/281800Z/291800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/281353Z JAN 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/280755Z JAN 00//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 281200Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (CONNIE) WAS LOCATED AT
17.1S9 57.0E2, ABOUT 185 NM NORTH OF MAURITIUS, AND MOVING SOUTHWARD
AT 03 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 110 KNOTS GUSTING TO 135
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 281500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 280600Z6, TROPICAL CYCLONE 09S WAS LOCATED AT 18.2S1
109.8E8, ABOUT 335 NM NORTHWEST OF LEARMONTH AUSTRALIA, AND WAS
MOVING WESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 55 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 280900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 74E3
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.6S8 72E9 SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED
INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES CONVECTION HAS INCREASED SOMEWHAT IN
AREAL COVERAGE BUT REMAINS DISORGANIZED. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A
BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.