Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:30:37 -0600

558
WTIO20 FMEE 101800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 10/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE EX-LEON)
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.9S/76.7E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/74.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/71.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE
    SOUTH, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH AND THE SPEED OF THE
    SYSTEM.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.