Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:48:08 -0600

155
WTIO20 FMEE 080000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 08/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  NORMAN 980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.0S/92.1E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY TWO
    DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  2 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE, LOC UP TO  90 NM IN THE
    SOUTH-WESTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 24.0 SOUTH/91.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 23.3 SOUTH/89.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GENERATES LOCALLY NEAR GALE
    FORCE WINDS ON THE MERIDIAN 90 EAST BETWEEN 23 AND 27S.
THE CENTRE IS NOW LOCATED NORTHWEST OF THE CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.