Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:08:37 -0600

583
WTIO20 FMEE 011800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 01/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 05  (DAMIENNE)
    992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.1S/78.3E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 18.1 SOUTH/77.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 19.4 SOUTH/75.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL TRACKING SOUTHWARD
    AND SHOULD INCURVE SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD DURING THE NEXT HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.