Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:38:04 -0500

900
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/131800Z/141800Z OCT 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.2N7
91.0E0, JUST NORTH OF THE ANDAMAN ISLANDS, HAS REMAINED QUASI-
STATIONARY DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A 131228Z7 QUIKSCAT PASS DEPICT A WEAK,
PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER WELL EAST OF THE
ASSOCIATED CONVECTION. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK TO
MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA WITH THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE AXIS SITUATED OVER THE NORTHERN BAY OF BENGAL. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/WHITCOMB/CUTMAN//