Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 01:02:03 -0600

776
WTIO20 FMEE 070600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 07/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  NORMAN 972 HPA
POSITION             : 23.2S/91.6E (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY ONE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE, LOC UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE, LOC UP TO  120 NM IN THE
    SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 24.5 SOUTH/90.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 25.3 SOUTH/89.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GENERATE VERY LOCALLY NEAR
    GALE FORCE WINDS ON THE MERIDIAN 90 EAST BETWEEN 22S AND 25S.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.