Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 18:15:18 -0600

934
WTIO20 FMEE 100000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 028/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 10/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
    954 HPA
POSITION             : 20.3S/67.2E (TWENTY DECIMAL THREE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 220 MN IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 21.8 SOUTH/66.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 23.4 SOUTH/66.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOULD PROGRESSIVELY CURVE
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARDS AND WEAKEN DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.