Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:07:12 -0500

778
WTIO20 FMEE 020000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 02/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 6.0S/76.9E
    (SIX DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SECTOR AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT FREQUENTLY REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 240 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 6.4 SOUTH/75.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 7.1 SOUTH/74.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE
    TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.
CONVECTION FLUCTUATES, BUILDING AND DISAPPEARING NEAR THE CENTRE.
    SHEARING HAS DECREASED,=