Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:12:24 -0600

906
WTIO20 FMEE 071800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 07/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  NORMAN 980 HPA
POSITION             : 23.8S/92.2E (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY TWO DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE, LOC UP TO  90 NM IN THE
    SOUTH-WESTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 24.3 SOUTH/91.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 23.7 SOUTH/90.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GENERATES LOCALLY NEAR GALE
    FORCE WINDS ON THE MERIDIAN 90 EAST BETWEEN 23 AND 27S.
THE SYSTEM IS NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED, THE CENTRE IS NOW DECOUPLED
    FROM THE CONVECTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.