Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:15:58 -0600

158
WTIO20 FMEE 301200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 30/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    960 HPA
POSITION             : 17.0S/66.4E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALY UP TO 300 NM WITHIN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/64.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/62.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS WEAKENING A LITTLE. STRONG
    WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE
    PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE RATHER RAPID WESTWARD MOTION.=