Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:27:04 -0600

016
ABIO10 PGTW 291800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/291800Z/301800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/290421Z MAR 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/291351Z MAR 00//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. REF B IS A
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.0N2
87.5E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.0N2 87.8E3, ABOUT 420 NM EAST-
NORTHEAST OF SRI LANKA, AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF A). A RECENT QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER PASS
SHOWS THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) LOCATED TO THE
SOUTHWEST OF THE PERSISTENT, BUT DISORGANIZED CONVECTION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1003 MB. SEE REF A (WTIO21 PGTW 290430) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 291200Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S (HUDAH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.8S5 71.4E2, ABOUT 486 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF PORT MATHURIN IN THE
SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 95 KNOTS GUSTING TO 115
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 291500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/THOMAS/NEAULT//