Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:51:41 -0600

877
WTIO20 FMEE 240600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 24/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07  (EX-FELICIA)
    998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 30.5S/63.8E
    (THIRTY DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 24/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: EXTRATROPICAL
FORECASTED POSITION 25/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: EXTRATROPICAL
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STRONGLY SHEARED, AND
    CONVECTION HAS ALMOST DISAPPEARED. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    EXTEND FAR TO THE SOUTH WITH THE GRADIENT DUE TO THE HIGH
    PRESENT IN THE SOUTH.
FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM UNLESS REINTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.