Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:51:15 -0600

438
WTIO20 FMEE 240000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 24/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 07  (FELICIA )
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 29.8S/64.2E
    (TWENTY NINE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR
    DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  16 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 200 NM OF THE
    CENTRE IN THE  SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, BUT EXTENDING VERY
    LOCALLY UP TO 450 NM.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SECTOR, AND UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 32.0 SOUTH/62.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 25/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 34.0 SOUTH/61.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY
    SHEARED, AND CONVECTION HAS ALMOST DISAPPEARED. IT SHOULD
    QUICKLY BECOME EXTRATROPICAL. NEAR GALE WINDS EXTEND FAR TO
    THE SOUTH DUE TO THE HIGH IN THE SOUTH AND THE SPEED OF
    MOVMENT OF THE SYSTEM.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.