Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:35:21 -0600

877
ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/191800Z/201800Z JAN 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.9S0
126.8E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.2S6 122E5, OFF NORTHWESTERN
AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES CONTINUED
PERSISTENT CONVECTION HAS REMAINED RELATIVELY DISORGANIZED. A
PREVIOUS SCATTEROMETER IMAGE HAD REVEALED A DEFINED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC), BUT A 191251Z9 MICROWAVE IMAGE SHOWS A
DISORGANIZED LOW LEVEL STRUCTURE APPEARING MORE AS LINEAR
CONVERGENCE WITH WEAK CYCLONIC CURVATURE. 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES
FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT WITH IMPROVING OUTFLOW TO THE WEST OF THE
CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1001 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/WHITCOMB/DAWSON/PARKER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.