Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:51:26 -0600

659
WTIO20 FMEE 021800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 02/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.4S/85.5E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.9 SOUTH/84.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/82.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL UNDERGOES EASTERLY RAPID
    FLOWS IN THE UPPER LEVELS. THIS WIND SHEAR LIMITS ITS
    DEVELOPPEMENT AND THE CONVECTION STAYS IN THE WESTERN PART.
    IT TRACKS WESTSOUTHWESTWARD ON THE NORTH OF HIGH PRESSURE.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.