Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bullletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 01:38:45 -0500

653
WTIO30 FMEE 040600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 21/12/19992000
1.A MODERATE TROPICAL STORM (HUDAH)
2.A POSITION AT 0600 UTC  04/04/2000 : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 15.0S/43.2E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND
    FORTY THREE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 3.0/3.0  /  /24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 990 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 40 KT
6.A ESTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 10 KM   SE30: 80 KM
    SW30: 70 KM   NW30: 20 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1008 HPA / 600 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : MEDIUM
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 15.5S / 41.6E FI=3.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 16.3S / 40.1E FI=4.0

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 16.6S / 36.8E FI= OVERLAND
4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : THE TRACK SHOULD CONTINUE
    TO CURVE WESTSOUTHWESTWARD TOWARD A WEAKNESS OF THE RIDGE DUE
    TO A TROUGH IN THE SOUTH OF THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL,
    CONVECTION HAS BEGUN TO REBUILD OVER THE CENTRE, AND THE
    ENVIRRONMENT IS FAVORABLE FOR AN INTENSIFICATION.=