Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 06:38:54 -0600

977
WTIO20 FMEE 231200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 23/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 07  (FELICIA )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : 27.0S/65.9E (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 180 NM OF THE
    CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEASSTERN QUDRANT, BUT EXTENDING UP
    TO 450 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    WESTERN AND EASTERN SECTORS, UP TO 330 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 27.5 SOUTH/63.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 28.6 SOUTH/61.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS NOW NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED,
    AND WILL SOON TRACKMORE WESTWARD IN THE NEXT HOURS WITH THE
    RIDGE IN THE LOW LEVELS ON THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.