Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:21:10 -0500

082
WTIO20 FMEE 121800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 14   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.8S/89.0E
    (TEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT
    AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS LOCALLY UP TO 150 MN IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 11.2 SOUTH/86.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 11.9 SOUTH/84.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS ARE LOCATED IN THE SOUTH OF
    THE SYSTEM, DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT AND TO THE SPEED OF
    THE SYSTEM. CONVECTION IS FLUCTUATING AND REMAINS POORLY
    ORGANIZED.=