Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:15:49 -0600

793
WTIO20 FMEE 281800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 28/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.9S/74.9E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 16.7 SOUTH/72.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH/70.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE TRACK IS REGULAR. NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE
    DUE TO THE FAST TRACKING AND THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=