Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 12:03:32 -0500

050
ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z MAY 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 11.0S2 81.0E9
ABOUT 550 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND
INFRARED IMAGERY DEPICT RECENT DEVELOPMENT DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.
SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EMBEDDED
IN A NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE AREA IS
SITUATED SOUTH OF THE UPPER-LEVEL RIDGE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/HERRON/JACKSON/CUTMAN//