Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:32:52 -0600

810
WTIO20 FMEE 111200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 034/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 11/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.8S/68.4E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT
    DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO TO 220 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    MAINLY IN THE EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 26.8 SOUTH/69.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 29.3 SOUTH/72.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL TRACKS
    SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD BUT ITS SPEED IS INCREASING. DUE TO THE
    NORTHWESTERLY SHEAR, IT CONTINUES TO WEAKEN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.