Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:48:41 -0600

609
WTIO20 FMEE 070000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 07/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  NORMAN 963 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.5S/92.0E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY TWO DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 23.8 SOUTH/91.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 25.3 SOUTH/91.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GENERATE VERY LOCALLY NEAR
    GALE FORCE WINDS ON THE MERIDIAN 90 EAST BETWEEN 22S AND 24S.
    IT SHOULD TRACKS MORE SOUTHWARD WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. DUE
    TO THE THALWEG ON THE SOUTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.