Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:31:35 -0600

549
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/221351Z FEB 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/221353Z FEB 00//
NARR/REF A AND REF B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 221200Z7 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON-ELINE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20.5S7 34.3E0 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD INTO MOZAMBIQUE AT 08
KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 100 KNOTS GUSTING TO 125 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 221500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 221200Z7 TROPICAL CYCLONE 12S (FELICIA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 21.8S1 68.4E8 AND WAS MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 13 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF B
(WTXS32 PGTW 221500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2 79.0E6,
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES
SPORADIC DISORGANIZED CONVECTION WITHIN A REGION OF BROAD SURFACE
TROUGHING. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/LAFRAMBOISE/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.