Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:56:26 -0600

303
WTIO20 FMEE 221800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 22/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 07  (FELICIA )
    974 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.1S/67.3E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 25.0 SOUTH/66.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 26.5 SOUTH/64.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM MIGHT STILL INTENSIFY DURING
    THE NEXT HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.