Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:31:48 -0600

292
WTIO20 FMEE 291200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 29/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    948 HPA
POSITION             : 16.7S/71.4E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH/69.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/66.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE
    RATHER RAPID WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOTION.=