Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:35:48 -0500

737
WTIO20 FMEE 190000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 19/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14  (EX-INNOCENTE )
    997 HPA
POSITION             : 17.7S/71.3E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT
    0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, AND EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/69.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 19.1 SOUTH/68.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGS WINDS PERSIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    PART OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH
    PRESSURES STILL PRESENT IN THE SOUTH, AND THE MOVING OF THE
    SYSTEM.=