Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:45:28 -0600

696
ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/271800Z/281800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/271353Z JAN 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/270755Z JAN 00//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 271200Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (CONNIE) WAS LOCATED AT
15.5S1 56.6E7, ABOUT 288 NM NORTH-NORTHWEST OF MAURITIUS, AND MOVING
SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 85
KNOTS GUSTING TO 105 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 271500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 270600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 09S WAS LOCATED AT 16.9S6
112.4E8, ABOUT 330 NM NORTH-NORTHWEST OF LEARMONTH AUSTRALIA, AND
WAS MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 30
KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 270900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.5S1
111.0E3 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REFER TO
PARA 2.A.(2) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 22.5S9
38.0E1 IN THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOULSY LOCATED NEAR 9S9 79E6,
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10S1 74E3 SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED
INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED BUT HAS CONTINUED
TO PERSIST. SCATTEROMETER IMAGERY CONTINUES TO INDICATE A BROAD LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.