Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:02:06 -0500

880
ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z APR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.0N9
88.0E6 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED FOR THE POTENTIAL
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
      (2) THE AREA OF WEAK CONVECTION RESULTING FROM A BROAD LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.5N9 94.0E3
IS CURRENTLY MOVING OVER LAND IN NORTHERN THAILAND, UNDER A VERY HIGH
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT. CONVECTION HAS ALL BUT CEASED AS THE
SYSTEM HAS BEEN ABSORBED INTO THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY. THIS SYSTEM IS NO
LONGER CONSIDERED POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 8.8S6 89.8E5,
SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A BROAD
AREA OF PERSISTENT CONVECTION WITH WEAK CYCLONIC TURNING. AN EARLIER
SCATTEROMETRY PASS INDICATED A BROAD WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
NEAR 1010 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/MORRIS/NEAULT//