Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 02:03:26 -0500

415
WTIO20 FMEE 180600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 18/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (INNOCENTE )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.3S/73.3E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 MN FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    35 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/71.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/04/2000 AT 0610 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/70.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGS WINDS PERSIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    PART OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO ITS TRACK AND TO THE GRADIENT WITH
    THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=