Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:14:30 -0600

894
ABIO10 PGTW 221000
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221000Z/221800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/211351Z JAN 00/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING./
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 211200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S WAS LOCATED NEAR 17.8S6
115.2E9. MAXIMUM WINDS WERE 25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 211500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.5S2
117E9 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10S1 85E3,
EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER
CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (3) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 18.6S5 39.7E9
ABOUT 258 NM WEST OF MADAGASCAR OVER THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL.
ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY DEPICTS A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER WITH ASSOCIATED CONVECTION GENERALLY
CONFINED TO THE WEST OF THE CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADDED POOR AREA PARA 2.B.(3).
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/MORRIS/BALDINGER/HOWELLS//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.