Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:28:04 -0600

997
WTIO20 FMEE 311800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIZSUOOGCNG IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 028/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 31/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    927 HPA
POSITION             : 17.1S/60.6E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/58.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/56.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THIS SYSTEM REMAINS VERY CONCENTRATED AND
    EXTENSION OF STRONGER WINDS IS RELATIVELY WEAK. IT HAS
    INTENSIFYED OVER  THE LAST HOURS, AND SHOWS A VERY WELL
    DEFINED LITTLE EYE.
ITS TRACK HAS REMAINED REGULARLY WESTWARD.=