Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 06:19:47 -0600

875
WTIO20 FMEE 121200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 12/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE )
    988 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.4S/67.6E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.4 SOUTH/65.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/62.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM KEEPS TRACKING GENERALLY
    WESTWARD AND THE INTENSITY REMAINS STATIONNARY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.