Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 00:47:15 -0600

178
WTIO20 FMEE 090600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 09/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE)
    EX-LEON
    986 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.0S/86.0E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CRICLE, AND EVEN LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/82.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 19.0 SOUTH/79.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED DURING THE
    NIGHT.
STRONG WINDS (NEAR GALE FORCE) EXTEND FAR IN THE SOUTH DUE TO A
    STRONG HIGH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.