Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:40:31 -0500

393
ABIO10 PGTW 251800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z AUG 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 20.3N5 70.0E7, IN
THE NORTHEASTERN ARABIAN SEA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. THE 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE AREA IS SOUTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
AXIS, UNDER MODERATE EASTERLY DIFFLUENT FLOW. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS
INDICATES MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 994 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//