Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 06:47:33 -0600

858
WTIO20 FMEE 101200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 10/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
    956 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.5S/67.0E
    (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 23.5 SOUTH/67.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 26.0 SOUTH/68.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS SLIGHTLY WEAKENING,
    SHEARED, AND SHOULD TRACK SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD, DUE TO A MIDDLE
    LEVEL TROUGH IN THE SOUTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.