Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:47:10 -0600

230
WTIO20 FMEE 211800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 21/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 07  (FELICIA )
    992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.6S/70.9E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RIDIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 20.3 SOUTH/69.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 21.3 SOUTH/67.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS LIGHTLY ACCELERATED AND
    CURVED ITS TRACK SOUTHSOUTWESTWARD.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.