Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 02:39:46 -0500

270
WTIO20 FMEE 170600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 17/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14  (EX-INNOCENTE )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.0S/76.4E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, AND LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRON GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 15.1 SOUTH/75.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/74.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS REBUILT OVER THE CENTRE
    DURING THE NIGTH. STRONGER WINDS REMAINS LOCATED IN THE SOUTH
    OF THE SYSTEM, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN
    THE SOUTH.=