Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 06:17:10 -0600

783
WTIO20 FMEE 251200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 25/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.3S/88.5E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN SECTOR AND LOCALLY UP TO 250 MN IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/86.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/84.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS INTENSIFYING RAPIDLY.
STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT
    WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=