Subject: Indian-N: The Southwest Indian Ocean

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 05:34:22 -0600

177
WTIO20 FMEE 131057
BULLETIN FOR CYCLONIC ACTIVITY AND SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER IN
THE SOUTHWEST  INDIAN OCEAN

DATE:  00/02/13 AT 1200 UTC

PART 1 :
 WARNING SUMMARY : WARNINGS RELATED TO TROPICAL STORM ?ELINE?.

PART 2 :
 TOPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION  :

1) AREA OF FLUCTUATING CONVECTION NORTH OF 13S, BETWEEN 78E AND
90E, SUSTAINED BY THE CONVERGENCE BETWEEN MONSOON SURGE AND HIGH
SURGE. NWP MODELS DEVELOP A MINIMUM OF ABSOLUTE VORTICITY IN THE
EASTERN PART OF THIS AREA AT MEDIUM RANGE.

2) AREA OF FLUCTUATING CONVECTION NORTH OF ELINE, BETWEEN 12S AND
15S, FROM 51E TO 67E.

FORT THE NEXT 24 HOURS, POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A TROPICAL
DEPRESSION IS POOR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.