Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 07:52:20 -0600

159
WTIO20 FMEE 181200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 041/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 18/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : OVERLAND CYCLONE 06  (EX-ELINE )
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.3S/45.0E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY FIVE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WONMOA AOCDTOBCBOO N8(/50.
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    WESTERN  MALAGASY COASTS, BETWEEN 18 AND 22 SOUTH.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 19/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 19.9 SOUTH/43.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 19/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 20.6 SOUTH/41.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEME KEEPS WEAKENING AND
    CONVECTION IS WEAKLY ORGANIZED. THE CENTRE IS STILL OVERLAND.
TRACK SHOULD CURVED WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS, ON
    THE EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE THAT SHIFTS EASTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.