Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 18:33:25 -0600

053
WTIO20 FMEE 140000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 14/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.0S/60.7E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 24
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/59.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/57.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL DEEPENING WITH THE
    EARLY BEGINNINGS OF AN EYE. IT HAS REDUCED ITS SPEED AND HAS
    TRACKED BRUTALLY  SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE LAST HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.