Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 12:53:38 -0500

498
ABIO10 PGTW 031800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/031800Z/041800Z JUN 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF DISORGANIZED CONVECTION IS CENTERED NEAR 14.5N0
88.5E1 IN THE CENTRAL BAY OF BENGAL. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND INFRARED
IMAGERY INDICATES SOME MID-LEVEL CYCLONIC TURNING ASSOCIATED WITH
THE CONVECTION. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS INDICATES A BROAD AREA OF
CIRCULATION EMBEDDED IN THE MONSOON TROUGH. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS
INDICATES MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/PARKER/DAWSON//