Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 01:15:00 -0500

499
WTIO20 FMEE 190600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 025/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 19/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14  (EX-INNOCENTE )
    997 HPA
POSITION             : 17.8S/70.4E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : ISOLATED SQUALLS EXIST UP TO 150 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 19/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/68.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 19.0 SOUTH/67.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THERE IS NO CONVECTION ASSOCIATED TO THE
    SYSTEM ANYMORE. EXTENSION OF STRONGER WINDS IS WEAKER; THE
    GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES HAS WEAKENED WITH THE
    THALWEG IN THE SOUTH. THE SYSTEM SHOULD NOW TRACK
    SOUTHWESTWARD INTO THE WEAKNESS OF THE HIGH.=