Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bullletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 01:52:45 -0500

143
WTIO30 FMEE 050600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 23/12/19992000
1.A SEVERE TROPICAL STORM (HUDAH)
2.A POSITION AT 0600 UTC  05/04/2000 : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 16.7S/40.2E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND
    FORTY DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 4.0/4.0  /D 1.0/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 975 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 60 KT
6.A ESTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 90 KM   SE30: 250 KM
    SW30: 220 KM   NW30: 60 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1008 HPA / 600 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : DEEP
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 17.4S / 38.6E FI=4.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 17.5S / 36.8E FI= OVERLAND
3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 17.4S / 33.8E FI= OVERLAND
4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : THE SYSTEM SHOULD MAINTAIN
    A SOUTHWESTWARD TRACK FOR THE NEXT 6 OR 8 HOURS, THEN IT
    SHOULD CURVE WESTWARD STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE HIGH
    PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH. THE LANDING IS FORECAST ON APRIL 06
    AT APPROXIMATLY 0 UTC, BY 17.5 SOUTH AND 37.7 EAST.=