Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 13:30:48 -0500

217
ABIO10 PGTW 151800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/151800Z/161800Z MAY 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
       (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19.6N6
66.7E9 IS NOW LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 110 NM SOUTHWEST OF THE GUJARAT
COAST OF INDIA NEAR 19.2N2 69.0E5. ANIMATED INFRARED AND WATER VAPOR
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE THE MID TO UPPER-LEVEL CIRCULATION
ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS,
AND THE CONVECTION HAS CEASED. HOWEVER, A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER IS EVIDENT IN THE VISUAL SATELLITE IMAGERY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
       (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/JACKSON//