Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 06:19:51 -0600

007
WTIO20 FMEE 221200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 22/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 07  (FELICIA )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : 22.1S/67.7E (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE. GALE
    FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 24.2 SOUTH/66.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 26.0 SOUTH/65.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS TRACKED
    SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE LAST 6 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.