Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 07:08:51 -0500

337
WTIO20 FMEE 011200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 01/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : 6.4S/78.6E (SIX DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH
    AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SECTOR AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT FREQUENTLY REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 240 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 7.0 SOUTH/77.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 7.6 SOUTH/76.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE
    TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.
THE SYSTEM REMAINS NORTHEASTERLY SHEARED.=