Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:13:02 -0600

341
WTIO20 FMEE 091200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 09/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE)
    EX-LEON
    986 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.3S/84.2E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  17 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE BUT EXTENDS UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    WESTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS, AND LOCALLY UP TO 280 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND EVEN LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 18.8 SOUTH/80.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 19.2 SOUTH/77.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS (NEAR GALE FORCE) EXTEND FAR
    IN THE SOUTH DUE TO A STRONG HIGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.