Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bullletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 00:12:43 -0600

281
WTIO30 FMEE 080600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 5/11/19992000
1.A SEVERE TROPICAL STORM NORMAN
2.A POSITION AT 0600 UTC  08/03/2000 : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 23.8S/92.5E (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH
    AND NINETY TWO DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 2.0/3.5  /W 1.5/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 984 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 50 KT
6.A ESTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 100 KM   SE30: 200 KM
    SW30: 250 KM   NW30: 100 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1004 HPA / 800 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : SMALL
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 22.6S / 91.3E FI=2.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 22.0S / 89.3E FI=2.5

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 21.1S / 84.6E FI=2.5

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : CONVECTION HAS ALMOST
    DISAPPEARED DUE TO A STRONG NORTHWESTERLY SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.