Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:03:41 -0600

106
WTIO20 FMEE 061800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 06/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.9S/81.5E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 350 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE MAINLY WESTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING UP TO 90 MN WITHIN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CERCLE. STRONG
    GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/82.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH/83.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL EASTERLY SHEARED IN
    HIGH LEVEL. IT IS ATTRACTED BY THE TROPICAL CYCLONE NORMAN IN
    THE SOUTHEAST.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.