Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 01:18:05 -0500

026
WTIO20 FMEE 190600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 025/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 19/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14  (EX-INNOCENTE )
    997 HPA
POSITION             : 17.8S/70.4E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : ISOLATED SQUALLS EXIST UP TO 150 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 19/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/68.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 19.0 SOUTH/67.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THERE IS NO CONVECTION ASSOCIATED TO THE
    SYSTEM ANYMORE. EXTENSION OF STRONGER WINDS IS WEAKER? THE
    GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES HAS WEAKENED WITH THE
    THALWEG IN THE SOUTH. THE SYSTEM SHOULD NOW TRACK
    SOUTHWESTWARD INTO THE WEAKNESS OF THE HIGH.=