Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 06:04:53 -0600

399
WTIO20 FMEE 281200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 28/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.4S/76.0E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/73.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/71.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE DUE TO THE FAST TRACKING
    AND THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=