Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 12:59:09 -0600

129
WTIO20 FMEE 121800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 12/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE )
    988 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.3S/65.8E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
STRONG GALE WINDS 45 KT AND HIGH SEAS BEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/63.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/60.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM KEEPS TRACKING WESTWARD AND
    THE INTENSITY REMAINS ALMOST STATIONNARY. THE CONVECTION IS
    REBUILDING DURING THE NIGHT.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.