Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:35:32 -0600

385
ABIO10 PGTW 151800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/151800Z/161800Z MAR 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/151351Z MAR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING/
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST
OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 151200Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S WAS LOCATED NEAR 17.1S9
115.7E4 APPROXIMATELY 253 NM NORTHWEST OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA
AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 13 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 25
KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
NUMBER 01 WTXS31 PGTW 151200) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.1S9
118.5E5, AND PREVIOUSLY THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION
ALERT (SEE WTXS21 PGTW 150830), IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/MORRIS/DAWSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.