Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:14:53 -0600

611
WTIO20 FMEE 301800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 30/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.0S/65.1E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM WITHIN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 25 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTH.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.1 SOUTH/62.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/59.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE
    RATHER RAPID WESTWARD MOTION.=