Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 06:16:32 -0600

939
WTIO20 FMEE 111200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 11/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE )
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.6S/72.0E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 80 MN OF THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 MN IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    35 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/69.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/66.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS REBUILT OVER THE CENTRE.
    NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE SOUTH, DUE TO THE
    RAPID DISPLACEMENT OF THE SYSTEM AND THE GRADIENT WITH THE
    NEW HIGH ARRIVING IN THE SOUTHWEST.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.