Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:21:57 -0600

285
WTIO20 FMEE 110000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 032/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 11/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.0S/67.2E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 280
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 24.8 SOUTH/68.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 28.0 SOUTH/69.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS WEAKENING DUE TO A
    NORTHWESTERLY HIGH-LEVEL SHEARING, IT TRACKS
    SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD,=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.