Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 11:53:59 -0600

232
WTIO20 FMEE 201800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 20/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07  (EX-FELICIA )
    997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.4S/74.6E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO
    200 NM FROM THE CENTRE, IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT, BUT GALE FORCE WINDS POSSIBLE LOCALLY
    UNDER SQUALLS..
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/71.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH/69.2 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE NORTHEASTERLY SHEARING SEEMS TO
    WEAKEN, CONVECTION REBUILDS NEAR THE SECOND CENTRE LOCATED IN
    THE SOUTHERN PART.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.