Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 07:10:23 -0600

043
WTIO20 FMEE 081200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 08/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 11  NORMAN 990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.8S/92.8E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY TWO
    DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FAR FROM THE
    CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 45 KT, AND VERY ROUGH
    TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
    LOCALLY UP TO 80 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 22.9 SOUTH/92.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 22.2 SOUTH/91.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXIST ON THE WEST
    OF THE MERIDIAN 90 EAST. CONVECTION HAS ALMOST DISAPPEARED.
    FINAL WARNING ISSUED RELATED TO THIS SYSTEM UNLESS IT
    INTENSIFY AGAIN AND ITS TRACK CURVE WESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.