Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:25:06 -0600

024
WTIO20 FMEE 290600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 29/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    948 HPA
POSITION             : 16.4S/72.6E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/70.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/68.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FARTHER IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND TO THE
    RAPID WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOVEMENT.=