Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 12:42:31 -0600

002
WTIO20 FMEE 081800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 08/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINEA)
    EX-LEON
    993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.1S/89.5E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 500 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/87.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH/84.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE LOCATION OF THE CENTRE IS NOT SURE,
    SITUATED AT YHE EDGE OF CONVECTION. ITS INTENSITY IS
    STATIONARY. NEAR GALE WINDS EXTEND UP FAR IN THE SOUTH
    BECAUSE OF THE STRONG HIGH IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.