Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:23:11 -0500

094
WTIO20 FMEE 151800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 15/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.0S/79.9E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.1 SOUTH/77.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/75.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE HAS BEEN RELOCATED IN THE
    NORTH ACCORDING TO THE LAST SATELLITE DATA.
THE SYSTEM HAS CURVED WESTWARD DURING THE LAST HOURS.=