Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:36:47 -0600

671
WTIO20 FMEE 010600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 01/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 05  (DAMIENNE)
    992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.5S/78.5E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT
    DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/79.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/79.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS INTENSIFYING PROGRESSIVELY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.