Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 15:08:08 -0500

699
WTIO20 FMEE 081200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WAHNING NUMBER       : 059/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 08/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : OVERLAND CYCLONE 12  (EX-HUDAH )
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 =,. 4-?87' 9? 098,5 16.4S/38.4E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTH  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SECTOR.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 15.5 SOUTH/30.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 09/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 14.6 SOUTH/38.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS WEAKENING QUICKLY ON LAND
    WILL IT TRACKS NORTHWARD. OVER WATER, STRONG WINDS STILL
    EXIST NEAR COASTS.=