Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:49:46 -0600

335
WTIO20 FMEE 140600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 14/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.3S/59.8E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    AND EASTERN SECTORS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 25 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
     M RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/57.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/56.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AND
    SHOULD MAINTAIN THIS TRACK FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.