Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 01:39:54 -0500

320
WTIO20 FMEE 140600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 14/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 14   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.0S/84.7E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE WITHIN 300 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING UP TO 450 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 10.9 SOUTH/84.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 11.0 SOUTH/83.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE HAS BEEN RELOCATED ACCORDING
    TO THE LAST SATELLITE DATA.
WINDS ARE WEAK NEAR THE CENTRE BUT STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, QUITE FAR FROM THE CENTRE.