Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:34:57 -0600

802
WTIO20 FMEE 010600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIN WNYTMMOZYEA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 01/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    915 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.7S/58.3E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/110 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    AROUND THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 16.1 SOUTH/55.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/53.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EXTENSION OF STRONGER WINDS REMAINS
    RELATIVELY WEAK, WITH A DISYMMETRY IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT AND THE WESTWARD
    MOVEMENT. THE TRACK HAS CURVED WESTNORTHWESTWARD.=