Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 06:07:48 -0600

382
WTIO20 FMEE 031200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 03/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : 16.0S/84.5E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 40 MN AND
    350 MN FROM THE CENTRE INE THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT.
    STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/83.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/81.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CONVECTION HAS SLIGHTLY INCREASED
    NEAR THE CENTRE OVER THE LAST SATELLITE IMAGES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.