Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:41:03 -0500

916
ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/271800Z/281800Z JUN 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED IN THE BAY OF BENGAL
NEAR, 14.6N1 88.2E8. CONVECTION HAS BEEN SPORADIC OVER THE AREA
FOR THE PAST 24 HOURS. SURFACE ANALYSIS INDICATES A MONSOON TROUGH
EXTENDING OFF INDIA INTO THE BAY. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
PRODUCT INDICATES THE AREA IS IN A HIGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/PARKER/DAWSON//