Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 06:51:04 -0600

488
WTIO20 FMEE 101200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 10/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE EX-LEON)
    984 HPA
POSITION             : 17.9S/78.2E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 120 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE WESTERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND EVEN LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/75.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.8 SOUTH/72.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE
    SOUTH, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH AND THE SPEED OF THE
    SYSTEM.
CONVECTION HAS INCREASED A LITTLE BIT NEAR THE CENTRE, AND TRACK
    SHOULD REMAIN WESTWARD OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.