Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:50:25 -0600

961
WTIO20 FMEE 110000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 11/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.8S/74.9E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR
    DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHER SEMI-CIRCLE EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/72.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.8 SOUTH/69.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE
    SOUTH, DUE TO THE SPEED OF THE SYSTEM AND THE GRADIENT WITH
    THE NEW HIGH ARRIVING IN THE SOUTHWEST.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.