Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:23:33 -0600

330
WTIO20 FMEE 311200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/12/1999 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 029/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 31/12/1999 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 01  (ASTRIDE)
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.8S/50.6E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 MN RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI?CIRCLE AND UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE,
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    35 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/49.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 11.9 SOUTH/48.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD
    OVER THE LAST HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.