Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:09:28 -0600

658
WTIO20 FMEE 100600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 029/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 10/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
    954 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.6S/67.2E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 22.7 SOUTH/62.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 25.0 SOUTH/67.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS NOW SOUTHWARD AND
    SHOULD PROGRESSIVELY WEAKEN, DUE TO A STRONG NORTHWESTERLY
    SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.