Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 08:53:39 -0500

179
WTIO20 FMEE 071200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 055/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 07/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    945 HPA
POSITION             : 18.5S/38.2E (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND MIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/37.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 18.4 SOUTH/37.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM KEEPS A VERY SLOW SPEED AND
    HAS TRACKED NORTHWESTWARD DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.=