Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 03:25:26 -0600

140
WTIO20 FMEE 180600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NIMBER       : 040/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 18/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : OVERLAND CYCLONE 06  (EX-ELINE )
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.1S/46.2E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY SIX DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
RESIDUAL NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
NEAR THE EASTERN MALAGASY COAST, AND FORECASTED BEFORE THE END OF
 VALIDITY ON THE WESTERN COAST BETWEEN 18 AND 22 SOUTH.

FORECASTED POSITION 18/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 19.6 SOUTH/44.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 19/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 20.2 SOUTH/42.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS LOCATED ON LAND, IN THE
    MIDDLE OF MADAGASCAR. HOWEVER, NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS PERSIST
    ALONG EASTERN MALAGASY COASTS. TRACK SHOULD CURVED
WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD
    OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS, ON THE EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
    THAT SHIFTS EASTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.