Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 18:12:34 -0600

679
WTIO20 FMEE 270000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 27/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
    974 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.7S/82.7E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/81.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/79.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH,
    AND TO THE QUITE FAST WESTWARD MOVING.=