Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:51:04 -0600

077
WTIO20 FMEE 120000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 12/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.8S/68.9E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/66.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.3 SOUTH/62.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS UNDER THE CONVECTIVE
    CLOUDS. THE SYSTEM TRACKS NOW WESTNORTHWESTWARD, AROUND THE
    STRONG HIGH LOCATED IN THE SOUTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.