Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 13:52:26 -0600

311
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z DEC 00/021800Z//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/010751Z DEC 00//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
     (1) AT 010600Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 03B WAS LOCATED NEAR 11.5N7
74.7E8, OFF THE WEST COAST OF SOUTHERN INDIA, AND HAD TRACKED
WESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30
KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 010900) FOR FINAL
WARNING MESSAGE.
     (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.0S1
110.5E7 HAS DISSIPATED, AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED FOR POTENTIAL
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
     (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.8S9
127.0E0, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10.0S1 130.0E4 SOUTHEAST OF TIMOR.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT BUT
DISORGANIZED CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA. SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS
INDICATES A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) BENEATH THE
CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS SATELLITE DERIVED WIND PRODUCTS
INDICATE GOOD OUTFLOW OVER THE SYSTEM, AND WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
IN THE AREA. RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY INDICATES SCATTERED CONVECTION
AND A POSSIBLE LLCC. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
     (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/MORRIS/WAUGAMAN/HARRISON//