Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:25:43 -0600

494
ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.0N8
68.4E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.0N9 68.0E4, APPROXIMATELY 500 NM WEST
OF SOUTHERN INDIA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. A RECENT TROPICAL
RAINFALL MEASURING MISSION PASS DEPICTED POORLY ORGANIZED CONVECTION
WEST OF THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 241308Z8 QUIKSCAT
SCATTEROMETER PASS DEPICTS A WELL-DEFINED WEAK LLCC. THE UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS INDICATES LIGHT TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. THE 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES 15 TO 20 KNOT EASTERLY FLOW OVER THE LLCC.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.0S7
97.0E6 HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//