Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 11:59:40 -0600

967
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/081351Z FEB 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 081200Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON) WAS LOCATED AT
17.2S0 90.4E3, AND WAS MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 14 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 081500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED AT 15.0S6 124.0E7 JUST
OFF THE KIMBERLEY COAST. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN AREA OF
DISORGANIZED CONVECTION HAS MOVED OFF THE KIMBERLEY COAST AND IS
ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION JUST INLAND. UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS DEPICTS WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/PARKER/WHITCOMB/DAWSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.