Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 00:47:19 -0600

649
WTIO20 FMEE 080600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 08/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    976 HPA
POSITION             : 16.2S/73.3E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    WESTERN AND NORTHERN SECTORS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/71.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/69.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM MIGHT CONTINUE TO INTENSIFY
    SLIGHTLY DURING THE NEXT HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.