Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:30:24 -0600

695
WTIO20 FMEE 290000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 29/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (HUDAH )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.4S/74.2E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/72.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/70.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS STILL EXTEND FAR
    FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE. SOME SIGNALS OF
    A SOUTHEASTERLY HIGH LEVEL SHEARING HAVE APPEARED DURING THE
    LASTS HOURS.=