Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:06:10 -0600

499
WTIO20 FMEE 120000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 036/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.7S/69.4E
    (TWENTY SIX DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE
    DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO TO 280 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT REACHING LOCALLY 45 KT AND VERY ROUGH
    TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 29.0 SOUTH/70.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 31.8 SOUTH/71.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL TRACKS SOUTHEASTWARD.
    DUE TO THE NORTHWESTERLY SHEAR, IT CONTINUES TO WEAKEN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.