Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:15:35 -0600

491
WTIO20 FMEE 080000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 08/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.7S/75.0E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    WESTERN AND SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 16.3 SOUTH/73.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/71.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL TRACKING
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD, INTENSIFYING SLIGTHLY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.