Subject: Indian-N: **** Corrective ****

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:00:08 -0600

122
WTIO20 FMEE 061800 CCA
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 06/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.7S/80.5E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 110 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 280 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.7 SOUTH/78.5 EAST
 STATIONARY.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/76.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL MOVE WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD.
    THE CENTER'S POSITION IS EVALUATED MORE WESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.