Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 07:04:12 -0500

915
WTIO20 FMEE 151200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 15/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14   997 HPA
POSITION             : 15.5S/81.3E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/80.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/78.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS REBUILT OVER THE CENTRE
    AND THE SYSTEM HAS TRACKED SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD SINCE THE LAST
    6 HOURS. IT SHOULD KEEP ON TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD OVER
    THE NEXT 12 HOURS AND TRACK MORE WESTWARD AFTERWARDS.=