Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:42:43 -0500

291
ABIO10 PGTW 171800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/171800Z/181800Z APR 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/171351Z APR 00//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/170753Z APR 00//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/170752Z APR 00//
NARR/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 171200Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (PAUL) WAS LOCATED NEAR
14.4S9 96.6E1, APPROXIMATELY 135 NM SOUTH OF COCOS ISLAND, AND
WAS MOVING WESTWARD-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 115 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 140 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 171500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 170600Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (INNOCENTE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 15.7S3 76.7E0, ABOUT 560 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA,
AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW
170900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) AT 170600Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 27S (ROSITA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
14.1S6 119.6E7, ABOUT 370 NM NORTH OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA, AND
WAS MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 03 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTXS33 PGTW
170900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.0S5
119.5E6, WEST OF THE KIMBERLEY COAST OF AUSTRALIA, IS NOW THE
SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 2.A.(3) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.