Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 00:51:18 -0600

557
WTIO20 FMEE 230600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 23/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 07  (FELICIA )
    974 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 25.9S/66.5E
    (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 240
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLES. STRONG
    GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 27.6 SOUTH/66.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 29.6 SOUTH/68.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOWS A CURVED BAND PATTERN,
    BUT IS GOING TO UNDERGO THE NORTHNORTHWESTERLY WIND SHEAR.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.