Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:38:49 -0600

486
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z MAR 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 16.0S7 102.0E3,
APPROXIMATELY 370 NM SOUTHEAST OF CHRISTMAS ISLAND IN THE SOUTH
INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN AREA OF
DISORGANIZED WEAK CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD CIRCULATION
EMBEDDED IN THE MONSOON TROUGH. UW-CIMSS ANAYLSIS REVEALS WEAK
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/LAFRAMBOISE/TON//