Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 07:40:34 -0600

640
WTIO20 FMEE 201200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 049/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 20/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (ELINE )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.3S/38.1E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT
    DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE , EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN  THE
    NORTHEASTERN SECTOR.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 22.1 SOUTH/36.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 21.5 SOUTH/35.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED. ITS TRACK HAS
    CURVED WESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.