Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:31:14 -0500

564
WTIO20 FMEE 051200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 047/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 05/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.9S/39.7E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/38.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH/36.6 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
HUDAH SHOULD LAND ON THE MOZAMBIQUE COAST, BETWEEN 18 AND 21 UTC,
    BY 17.2 SOUTH AND 38.5 EAST.=