Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 01:38:33 -0500

828
WTIO20 FMEE 120600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SUBTROPICAL CYCLONE 13   1006 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.5S/35.9E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY FIVE
    DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 23.4 SOUTH/36.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 13/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 23.3 SOUTH/36.1 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS CLEARLY VISIBLE. ASSOCIATED
    CONVECTION IS ORGANISING WITH A BAND PATTERN AROUND THE
    CENTRE BUT REMAINS WEAK.
THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT JUSTIFY THE ISSUANCE OR REGULAR WARNINGS.=