Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 06:47:01 -0600

059
WTIO20 FMEE 051200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 05/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 02   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.5S/84.0E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER PRINCIPALLY EXISTS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, WITH ROUGH SEAS. STRONG GUSTS IN
    SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 06/01/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 12.8 SOUTH/83.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/01/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 14.2 SOUTH/83.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS RECURVED SOUTHWARD.
    CONVECTION IS STILL WEAK AND POORLY ORGANIZED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.