Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:08:57 -0600

755
WTIO20 FMEE 180000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 039/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 18/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : OVERLAND CYCLONE 06  (EX-ELINE )
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.0S/47.5E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN AND WESTERN  SEMI-CIRCLES.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS UP TO
    100 NM FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM.

FORECASTED POSITION 18/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 18.8 SOUTH/45.7 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 19/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/43.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS FASTLY WEAKENED BUT NEAR
    GALE FORCE WINDS PERSIST ON SEA, IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.