Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:24:06 -0600

992
WTIO20 FMEE 311800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 31/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CONNIE)
    EX-CONNIE
    985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 29.7S/51.7E
    (TWENTY NINE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY ONE
    DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHTERN SEMI-CERCLE,
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTER.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 31.0 SOUTH/53.6 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: EXTRATROPICAL
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GOES ON ITS BECOMING
    EXTRA-TROPICAL.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.