Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 01:16:20 -0600

346
WTIO20 FMEE 110600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 033/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 11/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (BABIOLA)
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.6S/67.7E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 20 MN RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE AND EXTENDS UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 26.0 SOUTH/68.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 28.3 SOUTH/70.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO SLIGHTLY WEAKEN.
IT SHOULD PROGRESSIVELY TRACK MORE SOUTHEASTWARD.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.