Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 07:04:50 -0500

600
WTIO20 FMEE 031200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 03/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.0S/73.6E
    (NINE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/20 KT REACHING 20/25 KT AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT ARE STILL
    POSSIBLE LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS UP
    TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 9.8 SOUTH/72.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC: DISSIPATING
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE LAST SATELLITE DATA SHOW THAT THE LOW
    LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS WEAKENED AND THE CENTRE IN NOT WELL
    DEFINIED. THEREFORE IT IS THE LAST BULLETIN OVER THIS SYSTEM
    UNLESS ITS UNLIKELY REINTENSIFICATION.=