Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 07:21:35 -0600

074
WTIO20 FMEE 021200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 02/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 10  ?X- 1002 HPA
POSITION             : 11.8S/74.0E (ELEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SECTOR, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 12.6 SOUTH/72.7 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 13.1 SOUTH/71.2 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM STILL UNDERGOES EASTERLY RAPID
    FLOWS IN THE UPPER LEVELS. THE CENTRE IS WELL DEFINED, EAST
    OF THE CONVECTION ON THE SATTELITES IMAGERY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.