Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:10:26 -0600

979
WTIO20 FMEE 220600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 22/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 07  (FELICIA )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : 20.8S/68.4E (TWENTY DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  16 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE. GALE
    FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/02/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 22.0 SOUTH/66.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/02/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 23.4 SOUTH/63.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED AND SPED UP
    OVER THE LAST 6 HOURS; WITH FORMATION OF AN EYE IN EMBRYO.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.