Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:18:38 -0600

531
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z FEB 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/211351Z FEB 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/211353Z FEB 00//
NARR/REF A AND REF B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 211200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (LEON-ELINE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 21.4S7 36.5E4 AND WAS MOVING WESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 70 KNOTS GUSTING TO 85 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 211500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 211200Z6 TROPICAL CYCLONE 12S (FELICIA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 17.3S1 72.6E5 AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B
(WTXS32 PGTW 211500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.1S9
107.8E6, APPROXIMATELY 400 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF CHRISTMAS ISLAND,
HAS WEAKENED SIGNIFICANTLY AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR
THE POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/LAFRAMBOISE/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.