Subject: Indian-N: **** Corrective ****

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:41:02 -0600

785
WTIO20 FMEE 101800 CCA
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 031/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 10/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
    965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.0S/67.0E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 280 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 55
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 130 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 23.0 SOUTH/67.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 24.8 SOUTH/67.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL WEAKENING. IT SLOWLY
    GOES SOUTHWARD. IT IS NORTHWESTERLY HIGH-LEVEL SHEARED, IT
    SHOULD SHORTLY TRACK SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD,=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.