Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:22:25 -0600

207
ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/301800Z/311800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/300753Z JAN 00//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/300755Z JAN 00//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 300600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (CONNIE) WAS LOCATED AT
23.2S7 51.8E4, APPROXIMATELY 245 NM SOUTHWEST OF REUNION ISLAND, AND
MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 18 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 65
KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 300900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 300600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 09S (KIRRILY) WAS LOCATED AT
22.3S7 105.9E5, ABOUT 450 NM WEST OF LEARMONTH AUSTRALIA, AND WAS
MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE 65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 300900)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2
70.0E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2 73.0E0 SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA.
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES CONVECTION HAS REMAINED
DISORGANIZED. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE
AREA IS WEAK TO MODERATE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1005
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.