Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:42:04 -0500

793
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z JUL 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 9.5S4 91.5E5, 350
NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF COCOS ISLAND. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE CONVECTION HAS BEEN PERSISTENT FOR THE
PAST 12 HOURS. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATES A BROAD LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION WITH CONVERGENCE IN THE SOUTHERN QUADRANT. UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE
CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 10 TO 15
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL STORM WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/MAZANY/BALDINGER/DAWSON//