Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:37:21 -0500

831
WTIO20 FMEE 021200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 02/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 6.2S/77.4E
    (SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : FREQUENT SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 250
    NM IN THE WESTERN AND SOUTHWESTERN SECTORS AND MORE LOCALLY
    IN THE SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN SECTORS.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 220 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 6.3 SOUTH/76.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 6.7 SOUTH/76.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRENGHT OF WINDS AND EXTENSION OF NEAR
    GALE FORCE WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR VALIDATED BY AN ERS
    SWATH ACQUIRED AT 0453 UTC. PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH IS SLIGHTLY SLACKENING WITH THE PASSAGE OF A
    BAROMETRIC COL SOUTH OF 20S..=