Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:32:29 -0600

273
ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/201800Z/211800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/200221Z JAN 00/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT./
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.2S6
122E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.5S2 117E9, OFF NORTHWESTERN
AUSTRALIA, AND IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION
ALERT (WTPN21 PGTW 200230). MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
25 TO 30 KTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1000 MB.
SEE REF A FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
      (2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 10S1 85E3, EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. PREVIOUS SCATTEROMETER IMAGES HAD
INDICATED A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH THE
CONVECTION. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY REVEAL FAIR OUTFLOW ACROSS
THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/WHITCOMB/DAWSON/PARKER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.