Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 11:52:07 -0600

381
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z JAN 00//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/221351Z JAN 00/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING./
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 221200Z7 TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S WAS LOCATED NEAR 19.3S3
116.1E9 APPROXIMATELY 150 NM NORTHWEST OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA.
MAXIMUM WINDS WERE 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 221500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.6S5
39.7E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 19.4S4 39.2E4 ABOUT 250 NM WEST OF
MADAGASCAR OVER THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICT A WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH INCREASING DEEP CONVECTION NEAR THE
CENTER. UW-CIMSS CHARTS INDICATE THAT THE AREA IS WITHIN A FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.