Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 12:16:15 -0500

858
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/161800Z/171800Z MAY 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
       (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19.2N2
69.0E5 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY AND IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY
110 NM SOUTHWEST OF THE GUJARAT COAST OF INDIA. ANIMATED MULTI-
SPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
WITH ASSOCIATED SCATTERED CONVECTION TO THE SOUTHWEST. UW-CIMSS
ANALYSIS REVEALS WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/JACKSON//