Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:15:40 -0600

705
ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z JAN 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 20.1S3 39E2
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 21.8S1 39.1E3 IN THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES AN EXPOSED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH INTERMITTENT CONVECTION DEVELOPING
THEN EVAPORATING. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1003 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11S2 96E5
HAS BEEN RELOCATED TO 11.8S0 101.5E7 APPROXIMATELY 450 NM SOUTHWEST
OF SUMATRA. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES WEAK CYCLONIC
TURNING DUE TO A TROUGH OR POSSIBLE LLCC. CONVECTION HAS NOT
SUSTAINED ITSELF SIGNIFICANTLY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.0S5
56.4E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.3S9 55.8E8, APPROXIMATELY 315 NM EAST
OF MADAGASCAR. RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY INDICATES AN EXPOSED LLCC.
ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS RELATIVELY DISORGANIZED CONVECTION
WITH BROAD, WEAK CYCLONIC TURNING. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/THOMAS/NEAULT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.