Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 06:48:11 -0600

128
WTIO20 FMEE 041200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 04/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.3S/82.3E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
    LOCALLY UP TO
350 NM.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT.
    STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 05/03/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/81.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/03/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/81.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM DOES NOT INTENSITY BECAUSE OF
    EASTERLY TO SOUTHEASTERLY SHEARING.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.