Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 07:00:37 -0500

605
WTIO20 FMEE 181200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 18/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (INNOCENTE )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.4S/72.9E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    35 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/71.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/70.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGS WINDS PERSIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    PART OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO ITS TRACK AND TO THE GRADIENT WITH
    THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=