Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 12:47:09 -0600

268
WTIO20 FMEE 091800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 09/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 02  (BABIOLA)
    954 HPA
POSITION             : 19.6S/67.6E (NINETEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 220 MN IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 21.0 SOUTH/66.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 22.8 SOUTH/66.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS CURVED SOUTHWESTWARDS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.