Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 16:51:24 -0500

347
WTIO20 FMEE 031800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 040/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 03/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.8S/45.0E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY FIVE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : LOCAL SQUALLS EXIST WITHIN 200 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40
    KT NEAR THE CENTRE AND NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH
    SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY IN THE
    PERIPHERAL BANDS. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/04/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/42.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/04/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 15.5 SOUTH/40.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOULD INTENSIFY WHILE
    CROSSING THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL.=