Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:11:08 -0600

749
ABIO10 PGTW 150100
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/150100Z/151800Z NOV 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.6S5
80.3E1, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10.1S2 82.9E9 EAST7SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO
GARCIA. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES AN INCREASE IN
CONVECTION WITH GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT, ALTHOUGH NO CYCLONIC TURNING IS
EVIDENT IN THE IMAGERY. UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PRODUCT
INDICATES MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
3.  JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADE 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//