Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 14:26:15 -0500

958
ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z MAY 00//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
 A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
 B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
        (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19.6N6
66.7E9 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY APPROXIMATELY 325 NM SOUTH OF
KARACHI, PAKISTAN IN THE NORTHERN ARABIAN SEA. ANIMATED INFRARED AND
WATER VAPOR SATELLITE IMAGERY CONTINUE TO DEPICT A MID TO UPPER-LEVEL
CIRCULATION WITH CONVECTION SOUTHEAST OF THE CIRCULATION CENTER. A
141335Z7 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS SHOWS ISOLATED
DISORGANIZED CONVECTION DISPLACED ABOUT 250 NM SOUTHEAST OF THE
CIRCULATION CENTER. UPPER-AIR ANALYSIS CONTINUES TO INDICATE
THAT THIS CIRCULATION IS EXTRATROPICAL. RECENT QUIKSCAT
SCATTEROMETER DATA AND THE 141200Z8 SURFACE ANALYSIS SHOW WEAK
TROUGHING. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
          (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/TON//