Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 00:15:06 -0600

845
WTIO20 FMEE 270600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 27/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.6S/81.6E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 MN IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 14.6 SOUTH/79.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.7 SOUTH/77.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH,
    AND TO THE QUITE FAST WESTWARD MOVING.=