Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:23:28 -0600

013
WTIO20 FMEE 200000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 20/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 07   993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.0S/76.3E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    SEMI-CERCLE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 20/02/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/74.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 16.6 SOUTH/73.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS IMPORTANT, IN THE SOUTH OF
    THE ESTIMATED CENTRE, THAT IS DIFFICULT TO SITUATE ON THE
    INFRARED IMAGERY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.