Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 01:27:09 -0500

817
WTIO20 FMEE 030600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 03/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 8.8S/74.5E
    (EIGHT DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : FREQUENT SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT UP TO 320 NM FROM THE CENTRE AND MORE
    LOCALLY IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT UP TO 200 NM AND IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT UP TO 250 NM.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT
    WITH ROUGH SEAS IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT UP TO 200 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/08/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 10.0 SOUTH/73.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 10.6 SOUTH/72.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTLY WEAKENED.=