Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 00:26:25 -0600

541
WTIO20 FMEE 060600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 06/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  NORMAN 966 HPA
POSITION             : 20.7S/92.4E (TWENTY DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
    SOUTH AND NINETY TWO DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 21.0 SOUTH/91.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 21.9 SOUTH/90.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM WHICH IS APPROACHING OUR AREA
    SHOULD BEGIN TO GENERATE NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS WEST OF 90
    EAST IN THE NEXT 6 TO 12 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message.  For help with the
WX-TROPL or WX-TALK discussion groups write to [email-masked] or see
http://www.inlink.com/~landmb/intro.html.  For more information on
tropical weather products, see the NCEP Products Homepage at
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhcprod.html.