Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 02:33:35 -0500

192
WTIO20 FMEE 010600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 01/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : 6.0S/79.0E (SIX DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH
    AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SECTOR AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT FREQUENTLY REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS UP TO 240 NM FROM CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 01/08/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 6.4 SOUTH/78.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/08/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 6.9 SOUTH/77.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE
    TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH TO THE
    SOUTH. LOCALIZED GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT WITH VERY ROUGH SEAS
    ARE LIKELY WITHIN THIS SOUTHERN SECTOR.=