Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 00:24:06 -0600

641
WTIO20 FMEE 260600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 26/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (HUDAH )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.8S/85.5E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHGIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2000 AT 1800 UTC: 14.6 SOUTH/82.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2000 AT 0600 UTC: 14.7 SOUTH/80.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.

FAST MOVING WESTNORTHWESTWARDS.=