Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:43:28 -0500

466
ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/201800Z/211800Z APR 00//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/201351Z APR 00//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 201200Z5 TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (PAUL) WAS LOCATED NEAR
14.9S4 93.8E0, APPROXIMATELY 237 NM SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS,
AND WAS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS, GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 201500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.2S1
69.7E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 17.0S8 66.5E7, EAST-NORTHEAST OF
MAURITIUS. ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL IMAGERY DEPICTS THE REMNANTS OF
TROPICAL CYCLONE 26S (INNOCENTE) AS AN EXPOSED, BROAD, LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). UW-CIMSS WIND SHEAR CHARTS INDICATES THE
PERSISTING LLCC CONTINUES TO REMAIN WITHIN A REGION OF MODERATE
VERTICAL SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: PATLA/MORRIS/TON//