Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:19:37 -0500

362
WTIO20 FMEE 180000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 18/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (INNOCENTE )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.2S/73.8E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE
    DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE EXTENDING
    LOCALLY UP TO 150 MN FROM RHE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/04/2000 AT 1200 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH/72.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/04/2000 AT 0000 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH/70.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HASN'T INTENSIFIED AGAIN
    DURING THE NIGHT. STRONGS WINDS STAY IN THE SOUTHERN PART DUE
    TO ITS TRACK AND TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESURES IN
    THE SOUTH.=