Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 06:15:43 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 281200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/11/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/04 (FOR METAREA VII)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 28/11/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04   990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.1S/90.8E
    (TEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 220 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/11/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 11.2 SOUTH / 89.8
    EAST STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/11/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 11.9 SOUTH / 88.1
    EAST DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :
CONVECTION HAS SIGNIFICANTLY WEAKENED SINCE THE LAST NIGHT. TS
    BESSI IS MODERATLY EASTERLY SHEARED. IF THE SYSTEM CROSS THE
    90TH PARALLEL AS A TROPICAL STORM, BESSI WILL BE RE-CALLED
    BAKO.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.