Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bulletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:24:50 -0600

601
WTIO30 FMEE 041800
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 6/3/20002001
1.A INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE (ANDO)
2.A POSITION AT 1800 UTC  04/01/2001 : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 14.8S/56.5E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND
    FIFTY SIX DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 5.5/5.5 PLUS /D 1.5/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 940 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 90 KT
6.A EXTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 250 KM   SE30: 250 KM
    SW30: 300 KM   NW30: 150 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1008 HPA / 1800
    KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : DEEP
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 16.3S / 55.9E FI=5.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 18.6S / 55.0E FI=5.5

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 22.6S / 53.8E FI=5.5

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : DIAMETER OF THE EYE 8 NM.
    THE TRACK HAS SLIGHTLY CURVED SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD ET SHOULD
    MAINTAIN THIS DIRECTION. WITH THE AREA OF LOW PRESSURES
    LOCATED IN THE SOUTH, THE MOTION SPEED SHOULD INCREASE.=