Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:16:45 -0600

195
WTIO20 FMEE 230000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 23/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 05  (CHARLY )
    925 HPA
POSITION             : 20.1S/71.1E (TWENTY DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/105 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 65
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
 WITHIN 115 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 190 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    165 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 21.2 SOUTH/69.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 21.9 SOUTH/67.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  RAGGED AND FILLED EYE. CONVECTION LESS
    SYMMETRICAL AROUND THE EYE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.