Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 00:26:34 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 040600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 04/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BAKO )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.0S/86.4E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER REMAINS IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING FROM 100 NM AND 400 NM
    DISTANCE FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 80 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/86.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 19.0 SOUTH/85.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS CLEARLY WEAKENED BY
    NORTHWESTERLY SHEARING.
FAIR POSITION ON THE VISIBLE SATELLITE PICTURES.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.