Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 03:31:44 -0600

313
WTIO20 FMEE 030600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 03/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 03  (ANDO )
    987 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.8S/59.7E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 450 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN AND SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 12.8 SOUTH/58.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 14.1 SOUTH/57.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSIFICATION DURING THE LAST NIGHT.
    EXTENSION OF WINDS (NEAR GALE AND GALE FORCE) CONFIRMED BY AN
    ERS OVERPASS (02.01.01 AT 19 UTC).=