Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:07:29 -0600

638
WTIO20 FMEE 181800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 18/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.5S/85.8E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 150 NM FROM
    THE ESTIMATED CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT NEAR THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP
    TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 14.0 SOUTH/85.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 14.2 SOUTH/85.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CENTRE IS DIFFICULT TO PRECISELY LOCATE
    ON THE IR IMAGERY. WINDSHEAR HAS DECREASED, AND THE ESTIMATED
    CENTRE IS SITUATED IN THE NORTHEASTERN VICINITY OF THE
    ORGANIZING CONVECTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.