Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 00:27:08 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 060600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 032/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 06/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (EX-BAKO )
    1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.1S/86.9E
    (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL LOCAL SQUALLS PERSIST IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT EXTENDING BETWEEN 100 NM AND 400 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE, AND IN THE NORTHEASTERN SECTOR BETWEEN 300
    NM AND 650 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT NEAR THE CENTRE REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN 60 NM AND
    180 NM FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, ESPECIALLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
LOCAL GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT ARE LIKELY IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, ESPECIALLY BETWEEN 60 NM AND 180 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 22.4 SOUTH/85.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 07/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 24.2 SOUTH/83.2 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS PERSIST FAR FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE OF THE LOW CIRCULATION, DUE TO
    THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES TO THE SOUTH
    OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.