Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:14:06 -0600

492
WTIO20 FMEE 241800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 028/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 24/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CHARLY )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.2S/61.9E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 80 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 23.9 SOUTH/58.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 25.6 SOUTH/56.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CONVECTION HAS SIGNIFICANTLY
    WEAKENED. CHARLY SHOULD MAINTAIN A WESTSOUTHWEST TRACK IN
    DIRECTION OF A WEAKNESS WITHIN A STRONG HIGH SITUATED IN THE
    SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.