Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 05:55:25 -0600

377
WTIO20 FMEE 091200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 09/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    958 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.9S/72.6E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 250 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/72.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 16.4 SOUTH/71.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EYE 15 NM IN DIAMETER. CONDENSED AND
    ASYMMETRIC SYSTEM WITH EXTENSION OF SQUALLS AND STRONG WINDS
    MORE IMPORTANT IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.=