Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 06:37:08 -0600

298
WTIO20 FMEE 141200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 038/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 14/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.4S/68.0E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 230 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY
    UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM AND
    LOCALLY 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 19.7 SOUTH/67.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 20.0 SOUTH/66.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE WEAKENNING IS DUE TO THE WEAK
    MOVEMENT OF THE SYSTEM AND THE IMPORTANT NORTHWESTERLY
    SHEARING, IT SHOULD TRACK WESTSOUTHWESTWARD ON THE NORTH PART
    OF HIGH PRESSURES.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.