Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bulletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 12:19:18 -0600

413
WTIO30 FMEE 061800
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 10/3/20002001
1.A INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE (ANDO)
2.A POSITION AT 1800 UTC  06/01/2001 : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 20.9S/53.0E (TWENTY DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND
    FIFTY THREE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 5.5/6.0  /W 0.5/12 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 930 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 100 KT
6.A EXTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 330 KM   SE30: 450 KM
    SW30: 330 KM   NW30: 330 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1004 HPA / 800 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : DEEP
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 22.5S / 52.2E FI=5.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 24.2S / 51.2E FI=5.0

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 28.0S / 49.5E FI=4.0

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : THE SYSTEM SHOWS SIGNS OF
    WEAKENING (T=5.5- AND CI=6.0-). IT SHOULD MAINTAIN ON A
    GLOBALLY SOUTHSOUTHWESTERN TRACK.