Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 19:01:45 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 020000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 02/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BAKO EX-BESSI)
           972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.6S/85.1E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 160 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 16.1 SOUTH/84.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/83.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE INTENSITY OF THE SYSTEM HAS REMAINED
    STATIONNARY DURING THE LAST HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.