Subject: Indian-N: 01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northio

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:26:05 -0500

WTIO31 PGTW 101500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 03A WARNING NR 006
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   101200Z4 --- NEAR 18.0N9 67.9E2
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 360 DEGREES AT 02 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 040 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 18.0N9 67.9E2
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   110000Z2 --- 18.6N5 67.9E2
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
101500Z7 POSITION NEAR 18.2N1 67.9E2.
TC 03A, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 400 NM SOUTH OF KARACHI, PAKISTAN, HAS
DRIFTED SLOWLY NORTHWARD DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING
POSITION IS BASED ON 101130Z6 VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY. CURRENT INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY
ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS. ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE
EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) HAS REMAINED FREE OF
CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS. THE SYSTEM CONTINUES
TO WEAKEN IN RESPONSE TO DRY AIR ENTRAINMENT AND UNFAVORABLE UPPER
LEVEL CONDITIONS. TC 03A MAY CONTINUE TO DRIFT SLOWLY NORTHWARD IN A
WEAK STEERING ENVIRONMENT AS IT DISSIPATES OVER WATER. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 101200Z4 IS 08 FEET. REFER TO WWIO31 RJTX
FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN).
THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.