Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:47:55 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 301800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/11/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 30/11/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BAKO
    EX-BESSI)
    988 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.5S/86.5E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 14.6 SOUTH/84.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 14.7 SOUTH/83.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS NOT SHEARED ANY MORE. IT
    SHOULD GO ON TRACKING WESTWARD ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF A
    HIGH. STRONG WINDS ARE LOCATED IN THE SOUTH, VERY LOCALLY UP
    TO 20S, BECAUSE OF PRESSURE GRADIENT.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.