Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:42:02 -0600

074
WTIO20 FMEE 220000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 22/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 05  (CHARLY )
    954 HCA
?
PTS?TION ?         N?: (8.:F/74.9E (?ILNTE
N?DECIMAL ZERONDEGRAEJ
T
    SOKTN?AND SEVAN@F XOUR EEVIM?L ?I?E D?G?EES EA?TWL AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LO??L/P UP?TO 248 NM?
   N?N?THE FOUTH?RN?SEMI-C?RC EQM?
STRONG GK?TS IN?SUUAL/S.
?FTRECASTED COSITCOM 22/01/20:1 ATN1200,UTC:?1?.9 SOUTHWX?EMQ EAJTT
 STAT?OMARF?IMTEN?I?F.
F?DEASTED POSITION?23/0(/70:(?AT 0000 UTC: 19.9 SOUTH/71.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOWS NOW A BIG EYE, WITH A
    CENTRAL DENSE OVERCA?T?MORE SYMETIRC.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.