Subject: Indian-N: 1. Formation Of A Significant Tropical Cyclone Is Possible Within

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 06:19:37 -0500

WTIO21 PGTW 241100
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
150 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 17.2N0 69.9E4 TO 18.0N9 66.1E3
WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 240946Z5 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 17.4N2 69.3E8. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING WEST-
NORTHWESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS:
ANIMATED INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS IMPROVING
ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. A 240514Z6 SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICTS DEVELOPING BANDING WEST OF THE LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES
THAT THE LLCC IS WITHIN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
251100Z9.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.