Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 01:14:11 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 060600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 06/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 09  (EVARISTE )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.3S/61.0E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 70 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 140 MN IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 17.8 SOUTH/60.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 19.2 SOUTH/60.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM DOES NOT SHOW ANY SIGN OF
    INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.