Subject: Indian-S: Subj: Tropical Cyclone Warning

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 08:48:29 -0500

WTXS32 PGTW 081500
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (WALTER) WARNING NR 012
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   081200Z1 --- NEAR 22.7S1 94.7E0
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 195 DEGREES AT 17 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 22.7S1 94.7E0
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   090000Z9 --- 24.1S7 93.8E0
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
081500Z4 POSITION NEAR 23.0S5 94.5E8.
TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (WALTER), LOCATED WELL SOUTH OF THE
COCOS ISLANDS, HAS TRACKED SOUTHWARD AT 17 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6
HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 081130Z3 INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON CURRENT INTENSITY
ESTIMATES OF 25 AND 30 KNOTS. ANIMATED IMAGERY INDICATES TC 17S HAS
LOST ALL DEEP CONVECTION, AND THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) HAS WEAKENED RAPIDLY. STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR FROM THE
NORTH-NORTHWEST IS APPARENT IN WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AND THE 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE LLCC IS LOCATED POLEWARD OF THE UPPER RIDGE
AXIS IN MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT
WAVE HEIGHT AT 081200Z1 IS 14 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN).
THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.
REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S (EVARISTE) WARNING (WTXS33 PGTW)
FOR THE FINAL WARNING.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.