Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:50:20 -0600

880
WTIO20 FMEE 071800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 07/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.7S/73.8E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 80 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 12.3 SOUTH/71.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 13.1 SOUTH/70.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS CAN EXTEND FAR FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTH, DUR TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WHITH
    THE HIGH AND THE RAPID MOVING OF THE SYSTEM.