Subject: Indian-N: Ampn/ref Is Tropical Cyclone Formation Alert (wtio21 Pgtw 021200)//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 05:13:56 -0500

WTIO21 PGTW 031030
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/021151Z MAY 01//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTIO21 PGTW 021200)//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. REMARKS:
THIS CANCELS REF A.
ANIMATED INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE THAT THE
AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.7N1 95.7E1 AND THE
ASSOCIATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) HAVE MOVED OVER LAND
APPROXIMATELY 25 NM SOUTH OF MAWLAMYINE, MYANMAR DURING THE PAST 3
HOURS. SATELLITE IMAGERY AND RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY DEPICT RAPIDLY
WEAKENING CONVECTION UNDER SOUTHWESTERLY SHEAR. THEREFORE, THE AREA
NO LONGER HAS POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.