Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:05:19 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z SEP 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/241051Z SEP 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.2N0
69.8E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.0N9 68.0E4 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF A). ANIMATED INFRARED AND
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS IMPROVING ORGANIZATION OVER THE
PAST 12 HOURS. A 241332Z5 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS
DEPICTS DEEP CONVECTION WEST OF THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC). THE UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC IS WITHIN A
FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1003 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.