Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:10:54 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/041800Z/051800Z APR 01//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/040751Z APR 01//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/041352Z APR 01//
REF/C/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/040753Z APR 01//
NARR/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 040600Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S WAS LOCATED NEAR 15.5Z1
80.0E8 AND MOVING WEST AT 11 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW
040900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 041200Z7 TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (WALTER) WAS LOCATED NEAR
10.5S6 98.3E0 AND MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 1S KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 75 KNOTS GUSTING TO 90 KNOTS.
SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 041500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) AT 040600Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S WAS LOCATED NEAR 11.9S1
63.7E6 AND MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 12 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTXS33
PGTW 040900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.8S5
80.5E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.9S7 82.7E7 APPROXIMATELY 615 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ANIMATED VISIBLE AND ENHANCED INFRARED
IMAGERY DEPICT A WEAKENING PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER WITH ASSOCIATED CONVECTION DECOUPLED TO THE WEST. IT IS
EVIDENT THAT TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S IS INFLUENCING THE FORWARD MOTION
OF THE SUSPECT AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO
25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.