Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 01:56:00 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 010700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/010700Z/011800Z MAY 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
    (1) THE TROPICAL DISTURBANCE PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.6N9
96.6E1, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.7N0 96.5E0 IN THE ANDAMAN SEA.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS PERSISTENT CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) OVER THE
PAST 12 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA CONTINUES TO SUPPORT A WEAK LLCC. THE
200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC REMAINS UNDER THE
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS IN A REGION OF DIFFLUENT FLOW. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
    (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WAUGAMAN/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.