Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:29:00 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 301800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 30/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 02  (EX-ANDRE  EX
    ALEX)
    997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 6.4S/82.6E
    (SIX DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN A 20 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE, POSSIBLY LOCALLY REACHING 35 KT UNDER
    CONVECTION.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 6.4 SOUTH/82.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 7.0 SOUTH/81.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM REMAINS IN A MODERATLY
    NORTHEASTERLY SHEARED ENVIRONMENT. CONVECTION IS POORLY
    ORGANISED, BUT IT MAINTAINS OVER THE CENTRE WHICH IS
    DIFFICULT TO LOCATE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.