Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:43:30 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 310000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 31/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 02  (EX-ANDRE)
    998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 6.3S/83.5E
    (SIX DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY THREE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHEAST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 450 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT REACHAING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30
    KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER
    SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 7.0 SOUTH/83.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/11/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 8.0 SOUTH/82.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  WEAKENING OF THE SYSTEM THAT REMAINS IN A
    MODERATLY NORTHEASTERLY SHEARED ENVIRONMENT.
THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS NOT VERY CLEAN, AROUND AN UNCERTAIN
    EXPOSED CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.