Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:20:09 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 141800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/141800Z/151800Z OCT 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.0N6
85.0E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.5N9 81.6E5, OVER THE BAY OF BENGAL.
ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY DEPICTS A PROBABLE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) TO THE EAST OF DEEP CONVECTION. A PARTIAL QUICKSCATT
PASS REVEALS CONVERGENT WINDS AND TROUGHING TO THE WEST OF THE
PROBABLE LLCC. THIS MORNINGS 200 MB ANAL INDICATES THAT THE
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE EXTENDS OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/LEEJOICE/HARRISON/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.