Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 06:26:35 -0600

038
WTIO20 FMEE 201200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 20/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CHARLY )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : 16.6S/81.4E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 25 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY
    UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/79.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/77.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  AN EYE IN EMBRYO HAS STARTED TO BUILD.
    MORE WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOTION IS EXPECTED FOR THE NEXT 24
    HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.