Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:52:05 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

413
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/091800Z/101800Z FEB 01//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/082021Z FEB 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.4S9
113.6E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.4S0 112.7E1 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF A). ANIMATED VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) WITH CONVECTION SHEARED TO THE WEST. A RECENT QUIKSCAT
PASS INDICATES THE WINDS ARE SYMMETRIC ABOUT THE LLCC. 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE LLCC IS EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE
AXIS IN AN AREA OF DIFFLUENCE. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED NEAR 999 MB. SEE REF A (WTXS21 PGTW 082030) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE REMAINS GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.