Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 06:16:56 -0600

542
WTIO20 FMEE 211200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 21/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 05  (CHARLY )
    968 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.5S/77.2E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 12@ NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 17.8 SOUTH/75.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 18.1 SOUTH/73.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED DURING LAST
    HOURS (T=CI=4.5- AT 12 UTC).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.