Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 12:27:23 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/071800Z/081800Z OCT 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/070752Z OCT 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
       (1)THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.4N3
71.3E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 17.7N5 69.3E8. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS ORGANIZING CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A POSSIBLE WEAK LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION WHICH HAS TRACKED WESTWARD OFF OF INDIA NEAR
BOMBAY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 13 TO 18 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
       (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
       (1) AT 070600Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S WAS LOCATED NEAR 12.1S4
82.7E7, APPROXIMATELY 670 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND WAS
MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 2 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED
AT 3O KNOTS GUSTING TO 4O KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 070900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
       (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
FORECAST TEAM: COX/LEEJOICE/WAUGAMAN/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.