Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 06s (charly) Warning Nr 013

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:42:25 -0600

754
WTXS31 PGTW 252100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (CHARLY) WARNING NR 013
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   251800Z6 --- NEAR 25.2S9 57.5E7
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 235 DEGREES AT 05 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 25.2S9 57.5E7
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   260600Z4 --- 25.6S3 56.7E8
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
252100Z0 POSITION NEAR 25.3S0 57.3E5.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 06S (CHARLY), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 300 NM
SOUTH OF PORT LOUIS, MAURITIUS, HAS TRACKED SOUTHWEST AT 05 KNOTS
DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 251730Z8
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON
SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS, AND A 251353Z9
QUIKSCAT SCATTEROMETER PASS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND
A 251405Z7 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICT A FULLY
EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH ISOLATED DEEP
CONVECTION 80 NM EAST OF THE LLCC. THE 251353Z9 QUIKSCAT PASS
DEPICTS AN ELONGATED LLCC WITH STRONGER WINDS IN THE POLEWARD
SEMICIRCLE. MODERATE TO STRONG UPPER WEST-NORTHWESTERLIES SHOULD
CONTINUE TO INFLUENCE THE SYSTEM THROUGH THE PERIOD. THEREFORE, TC
06S IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE OVER THE NEXT 12 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 251800Z6 IS 12 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.