Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 06:27:03 -0600

520
WTIO20 FMEE 121200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 12/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.6S/69.0E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM AND
    LOCALLY UP TO 360 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/68.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 18.6 SOUTH/66.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  SYSTEM STATIONNARY IN INTENSITY, WITH A
    EYE BAD-DEFINED. IT SHOULD TRACK MORE WESTWARD WITH THE
    GROWTH OF THE HIGH PRESSURE IN THE SOUTH OF THE AREA.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.