Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 22:08:14 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 030300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/030300Z/031800Z APR 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/022100Z APR 01//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/030152Z APR 01//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/022121Z APR 01//
NARR/ REF A AND REF B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS. REF C IS A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 021800Z1 TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S WAS LOCATED AT 13.3S7
86.6E0 AND MOVING WESTWARD AT 9 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 022100) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 030000Z3 TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S WAS LOCATED AT 10.1S2
103.9E3 AND MOVING WESTWARD AT 19 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW
030300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.1S0
63.0E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.4S3 62.0E8, OVER THE SOUTHWEST INDIAN
OCEAN. VISIBLE AND INFRARED SATELLITE ANIMATION INDICATE
THE 200 MB ANALYSIS REVEALS THAT THE SUSPECT AREA HAS
REMAINED EQUATORWARD OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 12 TO 18 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. SEE REF C (WTXS22 022130
FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO GOOD.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.2S6
86.4E8 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) FOR DETAILS.
      (3) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.7S6
108.0E9 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(2) FOR DETAILS.
      (4) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADE PARA 2.B.(1) TO GOOD AND UPDATED PARA 2.A.
(1) AND (2) ALONG WITH PARA 2.B (2) AND (3) TO REFLECT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNINGS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.