Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 00:37:55 -0600

025
WTIO20 FMEE 090600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 09/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    970 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.7S/72.4E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 180 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 15.9 SOUTH/71.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/70.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EYE 20 NM IN DIAMETER. ASYMMETRIC SYSTEM
    WITH EXTENSION OF SQUALLS AND STRONG WINDS MORE IMPORTANT IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE (CONFIRMED BY A QUIKSCAT PASS OF 1H08
    UTC).