Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:01:43 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z OCT 01//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/260751Z OCT 01/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.3N2
92.6E7, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.6N3 91.5E5, APPROXIMATELY 350 NM
SOUTH OF BANGLADESH, IN THE BAY OF BENGAL. ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND A RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY INDICATES A WEAK LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) ASSOCIATED WITH CYCLING CONVECTION. THE
200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE REGION IS UNDER FAVORABLE OF UPPER LEVE
L WINDS ALONG THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED TO BE 18 TO 23 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATE
D TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 260600Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02S (ALEX) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 8.2S0 94.4E7, APPROXIMATELY 270 NM NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS, AND WAS TRACKING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS DURING THE
PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 260900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.5S2
95.7E1 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.