Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 00:40:11 -0600

846
WTIO20 FMEE 040600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 04/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 04   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.5S/86.7E
    (NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CERCLE,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT AND ROUGH SEAS, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR
    GALE FORCE 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 9.8 SOUTH/84.9 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 05/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 9.9 SOUTH/82.9 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION IS LOCATED NEAR
    THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTION.