Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:15:02 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 210600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/11/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 21/11/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 03   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.0S/83.0E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY THREE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 10 AND 15
    SOUTH, AND FROM 78 TO 85 EAST, WHITHIN A 150 NM RADIUS FROM
    THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT. REACHING LOCALLY 25 KT IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN QUADRANT.
    MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS, LOCALLY VERY ROUGH SEAS IN THE
    SOUTHERN QUADRANT. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/11/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 12.8 SOUTH/83.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/11/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 13.6 SOUTH/83.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS INTENSIFYING VERY SLOWLY.
    IT HAS TRACKED SLOWLY SOUTHWARD DURING THE LAST 12 HOURS
    (PREVIOUS LOCATION REVIEWED).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.