Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 17:41:00 -0600

189
WTIO20 FMEE 070000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 07/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 04   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.5S/77.8E
    (TEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 300 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 11.2 SOUTH/76.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/75.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS MORE ACTIVE BUT THE LOW
    LEVEL CENTRE REMAINS ON THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTIVE
    MASS,=