Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:34:16 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/241800Z/251800Z APR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.0S4
79.0E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 6.0S6 78.6E1 APPROXIMATELY 375 NM EAST-
NORTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ENHANCED INFRARED AND VISIBLE ANIMATION
DEPICT CONTINUED WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS ASSOCIATED WITH A NEAR
EQUATORIAL TROUGH. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A BROAD LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER SITUATED JUST EQUATORWARD OF A REGION OF
CONVECTION EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. A BUFFER ZONE CONTINUES
TO TRIGGER CLOUDINESS ALONG THE EQUATOR SOUTH OF SRI LANKA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 18 TO 22 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/JACKSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.