Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:44:03 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 011800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 01/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BAKO EX-BESSI)
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.3S/85.4E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 160 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 15.6 SOUTH/85.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 15.9 SOUTH/84.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL INTENSIFYING. THE EYE
    IS WELL DEFINED ON THE LAST INFRARED SATELLITE PICTURES.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.