Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:07:42 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 041800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 026/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 04/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BAKO )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : 18.1S/86.2E (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL LOCAL SQUALLS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT, EXTENDING FROM 100 NM TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH NEAR THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
    UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/86.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 18.7 SOUTH/85.8 EAST
 DISSIPATING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BAKO'S INTENSITY IS RAPIDLY DECREASING,
    AND  CONVECTION HAS NEARLY DISAPPEARED.
STRONG WINDS PERSIST FAR FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN
    THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.