Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 19:15:20 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 040000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 04/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEP?ESSION 10   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIK? OF POINT 16.0S/81.2E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) A@ 0::: ?TC
MTVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NMT
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUT
EASTERN QUU?R?NT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND ROUGH
    SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY KT IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/80.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH/79.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SEEMS TO HAVE WEAKENED SINCE
    LAST 12 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.