Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 13:11:06 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 021800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/021800Z/031800Z JUN 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.9S7
84.5E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.5S3 82.0E0, APPROXIMATELY 570 NM EAST
OF DIEGO GARCIA. ENHANCED ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY DEPICTS PREVIOUS
CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM BEING SHEARED TO THE
SOUTHWEST. IMAGERY ALSO INDICATES NEW CONVECTION DEVELOPING ON THE
WEST SIDE OF THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION. A 021506Z4 SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS INDICATES AN EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
WITH CONVECTION ISOLATED WEST OF THE CENTER. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS
INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS UNDER WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/PARKER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.