Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 06:43:16 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 061200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 033/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 06/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (EX-BAKO )
    1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.4S/86.7E
    (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL LOCAL SQUALLS PERSIST IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT EXTENDING BETWEEN 100 NM AND 500 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE, AND IN THE NORTHEASTERN SECTOR BETWEEN 250
    NM AND 600 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT NEAR THE CENTRE REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN 60 NM AND
    180 NM FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, ESPECIALLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
LOCAL GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT ARE STILL LIKELY IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, ESPECIALLY BETWEEN 100 NM AND 200 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 22.2 SOUTH/86.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 07/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 23.3 SOUTH/84.7 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM WILL GO ON SLOWLY WEAKENING
    THOUGH STRONG WINDS WILL PERSIST FAR SOUTH FROM THE LOW
    CENTRE IN THE AREA OF STRONGEST GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL
    HIGH PRESSURES TO THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM.
LAST WARNING ON EX-BAKO UNLESS REINTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.