Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bulletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:12:40 -0600

022
WTIO30 FMEE 110600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 12/4/20002001
1.A SEVERE TROPICAL STORM (BINDU)
2.A POSITION AT 0600 UTC  11/01/2001 : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 16.5S/71.4E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND
    SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 4.0/4.0  /W 1.0/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 975 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 60 KT
6.A EXTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 250 KM   SE30: 250 KM
    SW30: 150 KM   NW30: 150 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1004 HPA / 900 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : MEDIUM
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 16.8S / 70.6E FI=4.0

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 17.0S / 69.7E FI=4.0

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 17.6S / 67.7E FI=4.0

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : THE SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTLY
    INTENSIFIED DURING THE NIGHT. ITS TRACK SHOULD MAINTAIN
    WESTSOUHWESTWARD, WITH A LOW SPEED.=