Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 12:37:19 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 061800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/061800Z/071800Z JUL 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) PREVIOUSLY
LOCATED NEAR 19.0N0 87.5E0 HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY, 200 NM
SOUTH OF CALCUTTA IN THE BAY OF BENGAL. A 061158Z1 QUIKSCAT PASS
REVEALED A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER WITH CONVERGENT
FLOW AND MODERATE WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMICIRCLE. INFRARED
ANIMATION DEPICTS CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE LLCC IS
INTERMITTENT AND SHEARED TO THE WEST. UW-CIMSS ANAYLSIS INDICATES
MODERATE SHEAR OVER THE LLCC WITH INCREASING SHEAR TO SOUTH. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 994 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.