Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 13:56:09 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z JUL 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) PREVIOUSLY
LOCATED NEAR 21.5N8 87.0E5 HAS DRIFTED SOUTH AND IS NOW LOCATED NEAR
19.0N0 87.5E0. 051500Z1 SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS AND A 051222Z2 QUIKSCAT
PASS CONFIRMS THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). INFRARED
ANIMATION DEPICTS NO CONVECTION CURRENTLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE LLCC.
UW-CIMSS ANAYLSIS INDICATES MODERATE TO STRONG SHEAR OVER THE LLCC
WITH INCREASINGLY WEAKER SHEAR TO THE NORTH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 994 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/WAUGAMAN/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.