Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 07:10:56 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 051200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 05/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 09  (EVARISTE )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : 14.4S/61.4E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 MN RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 130 MN
    IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 15.8 SOUTH/60.9 EAST
 DEVELOPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/60.5 EAST
 DEVELOPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS SOUTHWARD ANS ITS SPEED
    HAS DECREASED. THE ENVIRONNMENT REMAINS FAVORABLE TO
    INTENSIFICATION OVER THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.