Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 06:09:14 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 281200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 28/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (ANDRE EXALEX)
    984 HPA
POSITION             : 8.4S/88.5E (EIGHT DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTH-WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT  AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 8.9 SOUTH/86.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 8.3 SOUTH/85.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  ANDRE KEEPS ON UNDERGOING A NORTHEASTERLY
    WINDSHEAR AND THE ASSOCIATED CONVECTION IS FLUCTUATING. THE
    SYSTEM SHOULD TRACK REGULARLY WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE
    NEXT 24 HOURS AND KEEP A STATIONARY INTENSITY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.