Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 07:24:04 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 061200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 06/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC
?P ENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 09 EVARISTE )978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.8S/60.8E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL EILNT
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE?WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CE?TRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 70 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 MN RADIUS OF THE C?NTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 140 MN IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS KN?ER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/60.@?EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 19.4 ?OUTH/60.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
O@NER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM BEGINS TO WEAKEN BY
@
    NORTHNORTHWESTERLY SHEARING.=
@

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.