Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:56:12 -0600

108
WTIO20 FMEE 240000

?E??RITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BJ METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       W??PW@XPT KSOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 24/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CHARLY )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.7S/66.5E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,  EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TU 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HCG  TO VERY N?GH SEAS WI@N?N??,
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH S?AS
WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM
    IN THE SOUT ERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 23.7 SOUTH/64.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 24.3 SOUTH/61.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL WEAKENING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.