Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:33:25 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 251800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z SEP 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/251051Z SEP 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.0N9
68.0E4 HAS BEEN RELOCATED TO A POSITION NEAR 17.1N9 68.2E6 BASED ON
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF A). ANIMATED INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS WEAK CUMULUS LINES OF A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION (LLCC). RECENT MICROWAVE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A
POORLY DEFINED LLCC. THE UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC
REMAINS SOUTH OF THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS IN MODERATE VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.