Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:05:14 -0600

454
WTIO20 FMEE 111800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 11/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.9S/69.9E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/68.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 18.4 SOUTH/67.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  SMALL SYSTEM WHITH A STATIONNARY
    INTENSITY, WHITH A STILL INSTABLE EYEL. IT ACCELERATES
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD IN DIRECTION OF THE WEAKNESS DEEPENED IN
    RIDGE BY THE DEPRESSION EX-ANDO.