Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:20:34 -0600

906
WTIO20 FMEE 230600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 23/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 05  (CHARLY )
    925 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.7S/70.0E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/105 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 65
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
 WITHIN 115 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 190 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    165 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 22.2 SOUTH/68.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 23.0 SOUTH/65.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CONVECTION HAS SIGNIFICANTLY
    WEAKENED, SINCE CHARLY HAS CROSSED THE 20 SOUTH. IT MAINTAINS
    A SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD TRACK, IN DIRECTION OF THE AREA OF LOW
    PRESSURES DRIFTING IN THE SOUTH, AND SHOULD CURVE
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.