Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 06:08:25 -0600

061
WTIO20 FMEE 021200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 02/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 03   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.0S/61.4E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 300 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT
    AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 11.3 SOUTH/60.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 11.8 SOUTH/59.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIED
    (2.5-) BUT THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTRE REMAINS ON THE
    EASTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTIVE MASS.