Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:33:36 -0600

154
WTIO20 FMEE 171800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 17/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 05   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.3S/85.6E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CERCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING VERY LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 12.4 SOUTH/85.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 12.4 SOUTH/83.6 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL SLIGHTLY EASTERLY
    SHEARED, BUT IT SHOULD PROFIT BY THE ARRIVAL OF HIGH PRESSURE
    IN THE SOUTH AT MIDDLE RANGE. THE INTENSITY OF THE SYSTEM
    DOESN T JUSFIFY UNTIL NOW THE ISSUE OF REGULAR WARNING.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.