Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:45:56 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

062
ABIO10 PGTW 051800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/051800Z/061800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050752Z JAN 01//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 050600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ANDO), WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.5S2 55.6E6, AND WAS TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWEST AT 09 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 115 KNOTS GUSTING TO 140 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 050900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.5S7
83.9E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.0S9 82.2E2, ABOUT 585 NM EAST OF DIEGO
GARCIA. RECENT SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES MODERATE CONVECTION HAS
BEGUN TO DEVELOP NEAR THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE
SYSTEM HAS BEEN MOVING ALONG THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. 200 MB
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS POSITIONED EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER
RIDGE AXIS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO
25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/SMITH/WILSON/CUTMAN//