Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 05s (bindu) Warning Nr 019

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:57:28 -0600

515
WTXS32 PGTW 162100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BINDU) WARNING NR 019
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   161800Z6 --- NEAR 22.7S1 60.7E3
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 230 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 22.7S1 60.7E3
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   170600Z4 --- 24.2S8 59.1E5
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 205 DEG/ 13 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   171800Z7 --- 26.5S3 57.9E1
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
162100Z0 POSITION NEAR 23.1S6 60.3E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 05S, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 230 NM SOUTHEAST OF
PORT LOUIS, MAURITIUS ISLAND, IN THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN, HAS
TRACKED SOUTHWEST AT 06 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING
POSITION IS BASED ON 161730Z8 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE
WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES
OF 25 TO 30 KNOTS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A
FULLY-EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH CONVECTION
DISPLACED ABOUT 90 NM SOUTH OF THE LLCC. A 161725Z2 SPECIAL SENSOR
MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICTS A WEAK FULLY-EXPOSED LLCC. THE
161800Z6 SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS ALSO SHOWS A WEAKENING, BROAD LLCC. THE
UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
OVER THE REGION. TC 05S IS FORECAST TO TRACK SOUTHWESTWARD AND
DISSIPATE BY THE 24 HR POSITION OVER WATER. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 161800Z6 IS 14 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS
SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE
SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.