Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:04:54 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 271800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 27/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02   984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 7.4S/90.3E
    (SEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 110NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 250NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT  WND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN  35 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 28/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 7.6 SOUTH/88.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 7.5 SOUTH/86.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE OF THE SEVERE TROPICAL STORM
    ALEX WILL COME IN OUR AREA IN THE NEXT HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.