Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:42:51 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

577
ABIO10 PGTW 070200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/070200Z/071800Z FEB 01//
RMKS/1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION IS LOCATED NEAR 13.5S9 118.7E7 AND
HAS PERSISTED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS PRODUCT
INDICATES THE CONVECTION IS WITHIN A REGION OF WEAK VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR, WITH FAIR OUTFLOW ALOFT. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGESTS
A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONVECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1003 MB.  THE
POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION: ADDED POOR SUSPECT AREA TO PARA 2.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/MORRIS/WHITCOMB//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.