Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 06:15:29 -0600

557
WTIO20 FMEE 011200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 01/02/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.9S/69.5E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP TO 400MN IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30
    KT NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/68.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 20.1 SOUTH/68.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION ORGANIZED IN CURVED BAND
    PATTERN, IS YET QUITE FLUCTUATING, WITHIN A VERY LARGE
    CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.