Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:00:06 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 051800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 05/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (EX-BAKO )
           1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.3S/86.6E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL LOCAL SQUALLS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT AND THE NORTHEASTERN SECTOR, EXTENDING FROM 300 NM
    TO 600 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/20 KT NEAR THE CENTRE REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN 60 NM AND 150 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35KT POSSIBLE LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, ESPECIALLY BETWEEN 60 NM AND 150 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 20.0 SOUTH/85.8 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 06/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 20.8 SOUTH/84.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BAKO HAS NO TROPICAL STRUCTURE ANYMORE,
    IN SPITE OF ITS LOW LATITUDE.
STRONG WINDS PERSIST FAR FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN
    THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.