Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:47:36 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

601
ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/071800Z/081800Z FEB 01//
RMKS/1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.5S9
118.7E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.3S7 116.7E5. ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES THE AREA HAS CONTINUED TO ORGANIZE IN THE PAST 12
HOURS. A 070936Z5 QUICKSCAT PASS REVEALED A WEAK LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONVECTION. UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS
PRODUCT INDICATES THE CONVECTION IS WITHIN A REGION OF WEAK VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR, WITH GOOD OUTFLOW ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1001 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO
FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/SMITH/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.