Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:38:41 -0600

139
WTIO20 FMEE 081800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 08/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    974 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.2S/73.1E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT, AND EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WHITHIN 50 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRER, EXTENDING UP TO 70 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND
    IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/72.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 17.7 SOUTH/72.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BINDU GOES ON INTENSIFYING. ITS TRACK,
    ACTUALLY SOUTHSOUTWESTWARD, SHOULD CURVE SOUTHWESTWARD DURING
    THE NEXT 24 HOURS, WITH THE AREA OF HIGH PRSFRKPWULBMQATED IN
    THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM.=