Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:39:25 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 061800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/061800Z/071800Z DEC 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/060221Z DEC 01/
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.3S8
120.0E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.0S9 120.7E0, APPROXIMATELY 180 NM
NORTHEAST OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY AND
A 061342Z6 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS DEPICT ISOLATED DEEP
CONVECTION NEAR THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A RECENT
QUIKSCAT PASS AND SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATE A BROAD LLCC ASSOCIATED
WITH THE CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB. SEE
REF A (WTXS21 PGTW 060230) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. BASED ON THE
GENERALLY FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS
GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER DISTURBANCES.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/WAUGAMAN/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.