Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:02:17 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 300000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 30/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (ANDRE  EX
    ALEX)
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 7.4S/82.8E
    (SEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE WESTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 6.4 SOUTH/81.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 5.5 SOUTH/81.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE TS ANDRE HAS TRACKED NORTHWESTWARD
    DURING THE LAST 6 HOURS, BUT IT IS STILL LOCATED IN AN AREA
    OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. A RESIDUAL CDO IS STILL
    PRESENT OVER THE LOW LEVEL CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.