Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:50:51 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 041800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/031800Z/041800Z DEC 04//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/040751Z DEC 01/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE CIRCULATION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.3N9 78.9E4,
APPROXIMATELY 65 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF SIR LANKA, HAS DISSIPATED AND
IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.3N9
54.7E6, APPROXIMATELY 340 NM EAST OF SOMALIA, HAS DISSIPATED AND IS
NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (3) NO OTHER DISTURBANCES.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 040600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BESSI-BAKO) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 18.1S0 86.6E0, APPROXIMATELY 700 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS, AND WAS QUASISTATIONARY DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 040900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 11.2S4 120.0E3,
APPROXIMATELY 250 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF TIMOR. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES WEAK CYCLING CONVECTION. A RECENT
QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATES A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE
CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER DISTURBANCES.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/ROBERTS/HARRISON/EDBERG/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.