Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:25:29 -0600

065
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN YOKOSUKA JA//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z FEB 01/021800Z FEB 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN YOKO AJTWC/010002ZFEB01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY NEAR 15.0S6 069.4E9 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 17.8S6 068.3E7 APPROXIMATELY 300NM NORTHEAST OF
RODRIGUEZ ISLAND. THE BROAD AREA LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS TRACKING
SOUTH SOUTHWEST AT 08 KNOTS AROUND THE WESTERN PERIPHERY OF AN
UPPER LEVEL ANTICYCLONE. INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES DEEP
CONVECTION HAS DECREASED WITH MINIMAL DEVELOPMENT OF BANDING.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT 22 TO 28 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD. SEE REF A (WTXS22 PGTW
010000) FOR FUTHER DETAILS.
3. THIS IS A PRODUCT OF THE ALTERNATE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER,
YOKOSUKA, JAPAN. QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE TYPHOON DUTY
OFFICER AT NPMOC YOKOSUKA DSN 315-243-3662.
FORECAST TEAM: MCDONALD/WYNN/SAN MIGUEL//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.