Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 01:14:26 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 030600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 03/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 10   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.5S/84.2E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT REACHING VERY LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE
    SOUTHERN PART OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO A STRONG ISOBARIC
    GRADIANT. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 14.9 SOUTH/82.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 15.5 SOUTH/80.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  FORCE WINDS ARE CONFIRMED BY QUIKSCATT
    DATA AND BY SHIP DATA MEASURED IN VICINITY OF THE CENTRE. THE
    INTENSITY OF THE SYSTEM DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR
    WARNINGS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.