Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 06:14:47 -0600

377
WTIO20 FMEE 011200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 01/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 03   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.5S/63.0E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM, MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 15 TO 25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE 30
    KT AND ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 13.4 SOUTH/61.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/60.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS SIGNIFICANTLY WEAKENED BUT
    POTENTIAL FOR INTENSIFICATION REMAINS IMPORTANT (WITH A GOOD
    MONSOON FLOW AND WITH WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR).