Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 12:18:35 -0600

652
WTIO20 FMEE 141800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 039/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 14/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.6S/68.1E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 20.0 SOUTH/67.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 20.3 SOUTH/65.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BINDU HAS REMAINED ALMOST STATIONNARY
    OVER THE LAST 24 HEURES. THE SYSTEM IS NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED
    AND KEEPS ON WEAKENING. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTENT FAR IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DU TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL
    HIGH PRESSURES.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.