Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 00:21:19 -0600

385
WTIO20 FMEE 030600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/02/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 03/02/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07   996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.0S/67.8E
    (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT EXTENDING UP TO 450 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
BROAD CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY UP TO
    250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 29.4 SOUTH/68.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/02/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 31.0 SOUTH/67.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE LOW IS VERY ELONGATED, EXTENDING FROM
    26S/67E TO 29S/69E. STRONG WINDS ARE OBSERVED IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.