Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:28:56 -0600

162
WTIO20 FMEE 110000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 11/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.6S/71.8E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150NM IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 70 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/70.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/69.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  ERS AND SSMI OVERPASSES SUGGEST A
    SLIGHTLY SOUTHWARD RELOCATED CENTRE. CONVECTION HAS REBUILT
    IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.