Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 05:53:14 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 291200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 29/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (ANDRE  EX
    ALEX)
    988 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.2S/84.3E
    (NINE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM ?C??HE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE WESTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 9.3 SOUTH/82.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 9.4 SOUTH/80.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE EASTERLY TO NORTHEASTERLY VERTICAL
    WIND SHEAR IS STILL MODERATE, SO, ANDRE HAS STARTED TO
    WEAKEN. ITS TRACK REMAINS WESTWARD. ASSOCIATED CONVECTION IS
    MODERATE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.