Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bulletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:08:19 -0600

342
WTIO30 FMEE 111800
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 13/4/20002001
1.A TROPICAL CYCLONE (BINDU)
2.A POSITION AT 1800 UTC  11/01/2001 : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 16.9S/69.9E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND
    SIXTY NINE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 4.5/4.5  /D 0.5/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 965 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 70 KT
6.A EXTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 170 KM   SE30: 500 KM
    SW30: 250 KM   NW30: 170 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1004 HPA / 800 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : MEDIUM
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 17.6S / 68.6E FI=4.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 18.4S / 67.3E FI=4.5

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 20.2S / 64.9E FI=4.0

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : T=4.5- AND CI=4.5.
    STATIONNARY INTENSITY WHITH A STILL INSTABLE EYE AND A
    MODERATE CONVECTION AROUND. BINDU SHOULD GO ON TRACKING
    WESSOUTHWESTWARD. EXTENSION OF NEAR GALE WINDS CONFIRMED BY
    QUIKSCAT DATA AT 13UTC.