Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 18:21:18 -0600

832
WTIO20 FMEE 030000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 03/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 03  (ANDO )
    993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.6S/60.5E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 450 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN A 10 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS UP TO 30
    MN FROM THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 12.4 SOUTH/59.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 13.3 SOUTH/59.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE LOCATION OF THE CENTRE, WHICH SEEMS
    TO HAVE MOVED UNDER DEEP CONVECTION, SIGN OF INTENSIFICATION,
    HAS TO BE CONFIRMED ON NEXT AVAILABLE VISIBLE IMAGERY.=