Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:23:54 -0600

225
WTIO20 FMEE 121800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 031/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 12/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.0S/69.0E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    NEAR THE CENTRE.STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY
    HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.GALE FORCE WINDS
    35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM AND
    LOCALLY UP TO 360 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 19.2 SOUTH/68.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 19.6 SOUTH/67.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED SINCE THE END
    OF THE DAY. WITH A HIGH ARRIVING IN THE SOUTHERN PART OF
    BINDU, ITS TRACK SHOULD CURVE SOUTHWESTWARD THEN WESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.