Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 19:10:14 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 060000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 06/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 09  (EVARISTE )
    977 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.7S/61.0E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 MN RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 130 MN
    IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 17.1 SOUTH/60.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/60.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :   THE ENVIRONNMENT REMAINS FAVORABLE TO
    INTENSIFICATION OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
EVARISTE HAS A REGULAR TRACK SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD. FEW EVOLUTION IN
    INTENSITY OR TRACK IS FORECASTED FOR THE NEXTR 12 OR 24
    HOURS. AFTER, IT SHOULD TRACK SOUTHWARD AND WEAKEN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.