Subject: Indian-N: **** Corrective ****

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 12:39:51 -0600

230
WTIO20 FMEE 011800 CCA
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 01/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 03   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.6S/61.3E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM, MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN AND NORTHWESTERN QUADRANTS.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15 TO 25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE 30
    KT AND ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 11.9 SOUTH/59.1 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 12.4 SOUTH/52.1 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS YET VERY FLUCTUATING, BUT
    THE POTENTIAL OF DEVELOPPEMENT REMAINS IMPORTANT, WITH GOOD
    MONSOON FLOW AND UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENCE.