Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:07:34 -0600

601
WTIO20 FMEE 090000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 09/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    970 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.6S/72.5E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP TO 70 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND
    IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 16.7 SOUTH/71.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/69.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE EYE IS NOT WELL DEFINED. THE TRACK
    HAS CURVED SOUTHWESTWARD.=