Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 06:57:14 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 021200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN REISSUED/021200Z/021800Z MAY 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/021121Z MAY 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE TROPICAL DISTURBANCE PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.5N9
95.9E3, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.7N1 95.7E1 AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (SEE REF A). ANIMATED MULTI-
SPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS IMPROVING ORGANIZATION NEAR A
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE LLCC REMAINS UNDER
FAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL CONDITIONS NEAR THE RIDGE AXIS. RECENT
MICROWAVE IMAGERY REVEALED A POSSIBLE BANDING FEATURE IN THE EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE OF THE DISTURBANCE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1003 MB. SEE REF A (WTIO21 PGTW 021130) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITH THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1) TO GOOD.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WAUGAMAN/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.