Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:27:47 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 280000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 28/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  ANDRE EX ALEX
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 7.7S/89.7E
    (SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180NM IN THE SOUTHERN  AND
    WESTERN SEMI-CERCLES.

STORM FORCE INDS 50/55 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT  AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN  45NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 7.8 SOUTH/88.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 7.7 SOUTH/86.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SEVERE TROPICAL STORM ALEX HAS COME
    IN OUR AREA DURING THE LASTS HOURS, IT HAD BEEN RENAMED
    ANDRE. IT TRACKS WESTWARDS INTENSIFYING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.