Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 06:56:48 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 061200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 06/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 01   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.5S/83.0E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY THREE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE WESTERN AND
    SOUTHERN SECTORS EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
    LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG
    GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 12.4 SOUTH/82.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 13.6 SOUTH/82.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS EXPOSED, NORTHEASTERN OF
    DEEP CONVECTION. THIS SYSTEM REMAINS ALMOST-STATIONARY IN
    INTENSITY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.