Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 23:54:14 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 300600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 30/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02  (ANDRE  EX
    ALEX)
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 6.9S/82.8E
    (SIX DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHNORTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE, POSSIBLY REACHING 35 KT UNDER CONVECTION IN
    THE SOUTHWESTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 6.3 SOUTH/82.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 6.1 SOUTH/81.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTLY WEAKENNED AS
    TRACKING NORTHWESTWARD TOWARD A MODERATLY SHEARED
    ENVIRONMENT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.