Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:23:08 -0600

892
WTIO20 FMEE 191800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 19/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CHARLY )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.6S/83.3E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY THREE DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE
MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 14.9 SOUTH/82.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/81.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CHARLY IS DEVELOPING WHITH A CENTRE,
    STILL DIFFICULT TO LOCATE, ESTIMATED UNDER A DEEPENING
    CONVECTION.
THE TRACK SHOULD ESTABLISH SOUTHWESTWARD THEN WESTARD UNDER
    STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE EASTERLY TRADE WINDS FLOW.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.