Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 06:35:29 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 311200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 31/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 02  (ANDRE )
    999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.0S/81.1E
    (NINE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 180 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30
    KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER
    SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/11/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 9.7 SOUTH/79.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/11/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 10.8 SOUTH/78.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS GOING ON WEAKENING,
    UBDERGOING A MODERATE NORTHEASTERLY SHEARING.
CONVECTION REMAINS FLUTUATING WITHIN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.