Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 18:33:27 -0600

735
WTIO20 FMEE 020000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 02/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 03   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.7S/60.7E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE NORTHEASTERN AND
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANTS, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM, IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15 TO 25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE 30
    KT AND ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/58.6 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 03/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 12.5 SOUTH/57.1 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS VERY FLUCTUATING, BUTTHE
    ENVIRONMENT REMAINS FAVORABLE.