Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 01:15:31 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 070600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 07/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.7S/82.4E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 40 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE
    30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
    STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 12.2 SOUTH/82.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 13.8 SOUTH/83.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION WEAK AND NOT WELL ORGANIZED.
    THE INTENSITY OF THE SYSTEM IS LESS STRONG. IT SHOULD TRACK
    SOUTHWARD, AFTER THE NEXT NIGHT,IN DIRECTION OF A TROUGH,
    MOVING IN THE SOUTH. POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICATIVE
    INTENSIFICATION IS POOR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.