Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 23:58:48 -0600

366
WTIO20 FMEE 070600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 07/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.7S/76.2E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 300 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 12.7 SOUTH/74.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 13.7 SOUTH/73.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS WEAKENING SINCE THE END OF
    THE NIGHT.
THE LOW LEVEL CENTRE REMAINS ON THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE
    CONVECTIVE MASS,=