Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 18:24:52 -0600

460
WTIO20 FMEE 020000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/02/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 02/02/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.5S/68.9E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

BROAD CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS 30 KT NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 21.6 SOUTH/68.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 23.7 SOUTH/68.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION REMAINS BROKEN AND
    FLUCTUATING.THE SYSTEM HAS ACCELERATED SOUTHWARD, ON THE WEST
    EDGE OF THE HIGH. STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE EASTERN PART
    DUE TO THIS MOVMENT AND TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WITH THE
    HIGH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.