Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 06:52:25 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 041200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 04/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 10   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.0S/78.5E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT
    AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 05/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 14.6 SOUTH/76.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/74.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS WEAKENNING AS IT IS
    NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED. THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTRE IS
    VISIBLE ON SATELLITE IMAGERY NORTHWEST OF CONVECTION WHICH IS
    WEAKENING.STRONGER WINDS ARE LOCATED IN THE SOUTH, DUE TO THE
    GRADIENT AND THE MOVING OF THE SYSTEM.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.