Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:15:47 -0600

511
WTIO20 FMEE 190000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 19/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.6S/85.5E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 250 NM FROM
    THE ESTIMATED CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT NEAR THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP
    TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 13.8 SOUTH/85.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 14.0 SOUTH/84.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE POSITION OF THE CENTRE REMAINS
    DIFFICULT TO LOCATE ON THE IR IMAGERY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.