Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bulletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:19:02 -0600

729
WTIO30 FMEE 030600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 3/3/20002001
1.A MODERATE TROPICAL STORM (ANDO)
2.A POSITION AT 0600 UTC  03/01/2001 : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 11.8S/59.7E (ELEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND
    FIFTY NINE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 3.5/3.5 PLUS /D 1.5/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 987 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 45 KT
6.A EXTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 160 KM   SE30: 100 KM
    SW30: 160 KM   NW30: 100 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1008 HPA / 1200
    KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : DEEP
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 12.8S / 58.7E FI=3.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 14.1S / 57.6E FI=4.0

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 16.9S / 55.8E FI=4.5

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : ANALYSED IN CDO IRREGULAR,
    THE SYSTEM HAS LIGHTLY INTENSIFIED DURING THE LAST NIGHT. THE
    FORECASTED TRACK SHOULD MAINTAIN SOUTHWESTWARD THEN CURVE
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD, TO THE AREA OF LOW PRESSURES LOCATED
    SOUTH OF MADAGASCAR.=