Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:05:57 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 031800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 03/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BAKO )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.0S/86.4E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  2 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 18.8 SOUTH/86.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 19.6 SOUTH/86.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BAKO HAS SLOW DOWN, TRACKING STILL
    SOUTHEASTWARD, BUT SHOULD CURVE PROGRESSIVELY SOUTHWARD THEN
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS. BAKO GOES ON
    WEAKENING, DUE TO A MODERATE TO STRONG NORTHWESTERLY VERTICAL
    WIND SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.