Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 13:32:47 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 071800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 07/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 09(EVARISTE)
       992 HCA
?
POSITION           N?: WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.2S/61.0E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL
    ZERO?DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 500 NMN?ROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDJ QE?XRP KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE EXTENWI?G LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN?
    THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GK?T????DER SK?ALISWM
???O?EVASTED POSITION IWRCRXWPPQ AT 0600 ?T???23.4 SOUTH/59.5 EAST
 WEAKENC?G.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC:?23.8?SOUTH/58.2 EAST
 DISSIPATED.

9/OTHER INFORM?T?ONS   :  THE SJ?T?M NAS DRASTICALLY WEAKENED BY
    NORTHWESTERLY SHEARING. STRONG U?NBS PERSIST IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT QUITE FAR FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY UNDER
    SQUALLS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.