Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 06:03:49 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 031200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 03/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BAKO )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : 17.6S/86.1E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 18.4 SOUTH/86.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 19.2 SOUTH/85.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BAKO HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD OVER THE
    LAST HOURS AND ITS INTENSITY HAS DECREASED. LLCC IS LOCATED
    ON THE NORTHWESTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTION THAT HAS
    DECREASED. BAKO IS FORECAST TO TRACK SOUTHWARD THEN
    SOUTHWESTWARD AFTER 12 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.