Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:56:51 -0600

131
WTIO20 FMEE 040000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 04/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 03  (ANDO )
    968 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.9S/58.2E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT. STRONG
    GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 13.9 SOUTH/57.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/56.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS INTENSIFYING PROGRESSIVELY.=