Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 07:17:48 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 071200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 07/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.4S/83.8E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY THREE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE
    30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
    STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 08/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 13.5 SOUTH/84.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 15.9 SOUTH/83.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CONVECTION, STILL POOR, HAS REBUILT
    OVER THE LOW LEVEL CENTRE. THE DISTURBANCE HAS MOVED
    EASTSOUTHEASTWARD AND SHOULD ACCELERATE THEN TRACK SOUTHWARD
    FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.