Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 01:52:18 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 280600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 28/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (ANDRE EX
    ALEX)
    980 HPA
POSITION             : 7.8S/89.1E (SEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 40NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220NM IN THE SOUTH-WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT  AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 8.0 SOUTH/87.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 8.3 SOUTH/86.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  ANDRE KEEPS A STATIONARY INTENSITY AND
    UNDERGOES A MODERATE NORTH-EASTERLY WINDSHEAR. IT SHOULD
    TRACK REGULARLY WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.