Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:20:24 -0600

212
WTIO20 FMEE 140600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 037/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 14/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.9S/68.7E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 230 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    NEAR THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY
    HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM RADIUS. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND
    VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS
EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 170 NM AND
    LOCALLY 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 20.1 SOUTH/67.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 20.3 SOUTH/66.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BINDU IS WEAKENING. THE EYE HAS
    DISEAPPEARED AND CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED. ITS MOVEMENT,
    DURING THE LAST 12 HOURS, HAS BEEN VARIABLE AND SLOW. IT
    SHOULD FINALY TRACK TOWARDS THE WESTERN SECTOR WITH A RIDGE
    BUILDING IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.