Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 00:51:45 -0600

732
WTIO20 FMEE 010600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 01/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 03   1004 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.8S/64.3E
    (TEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM, MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN SECTOR AND IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15 TO 25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE KORCE 30
    KT AND ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 01/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC:
FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC:
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE PRESENT INTENSITY OF THE SYSTEM DOEE
    NOT JUSTIFY YET ISSUANCE OF REGULAR WARNINGS.
POTENTIAL FOR INTENSIFICATION REMAINS IMPORTANT (WITH A GOOD
    MONSOON FLOW AND WITH WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR).=