Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 00:10:46 -0600

052
WTIO20 FMEE 150600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 041/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 15/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    987 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.0S/66.2E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 20.6 SOUTH/64.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 21.6 SOUTH/62.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STRONGLY NORTH TO
    NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED AND KEEPS ON WEAKENING. NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DU TO THE GRADIENT
    WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.