Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 18:06:11 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 040000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 04/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BAKO )
    978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.4S/86.2E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 200 NM FROM
    HE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 19.5 SOUTH/85.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 20.8 SOUTH/85.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BAKO HAS CURVED SOUTHWARD AND SHOULD
    TRACK SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD. ITS INTENSITY GOES ON WEAKENING,
    DUE TO A MODERATE TO STRONG NORTHWESTERLY VERTICAL WIND
    SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.