Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:22:48 -0600

411
WTIO20 FMEE 180600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 18/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 05   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.6S/86.5E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 12.7 SOUTH/86.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 12.9 SOUTH/86.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  QUASISTATIONNARY SYSTEM. SHEARING KAS
    WEAKENED, BUT THE SYSTEM IS STILL SLIGHTLY EASTERLY SHEARED.
    IT SHOULD INTENSIFY SLIGHTLY UNDER INFLUENCE OF A TRADE WINDS
    FLOW.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.