Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:28:43 -0600

322
WTIO20 FMEE 101800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 10/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.4S/72.2E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 70 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 16.7 SOUTH/71.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH/70.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS KEPT ON WEAKENING, EVEN IF
    CONVECTION HAS REBUILT IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT OVER THE
    LAST SAT IMAGERIES. BINDU SEEMS TO TAKE A WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD
TRACK.=