Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:14:46 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 261800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/261800Z/271800Z APR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.4S1
76.6E9 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.0S8 78.0E5, APPROXIMATELY 300 NM EAST
OF DIEGO GARCIA. ENHANCED INFRARED ANIMATION DEPICTS WEAKENING
WIDESPREAD CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. A
RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALED A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER ON
THE EASTERN SIDE OF A REGION OF CONVECTION EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO
GARCIA. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE DISTURBANCE REMAINS
EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER RIDGE AXIS UNDER MODERATE NORTHEASTERLY
WINDS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WAUGAMAN/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.