Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 19:29:40 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 040000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 04/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.4S/62.2E
    (TEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 320 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND ROUGH
    SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 10.8 SOUTH/62.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 11.5 SOUTH/61.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED DURING THE
    LAST 12 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.