Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:35:27 -0600

735
WTIO20 FMEE 151800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 043/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 15/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    989 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.4S/64.1E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN AND SOUTHESATERN
    QUADRANTS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 21.3 SOUTH/62.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 22.5 SOUTH/61.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BINDU SHOULD CURVE SOUTHWESTWARD IN
    DIRECTION OF AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURES ARRIVING IN THE SOUTH
    OF MADAGASCAR. STRONG WINDS EXTENSION IS IMPORTANT IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR, DUE TO PRESSURE GRANDIENT WHITH THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.