Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bulletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 12:20:03 -0600

417
WTIO30 FMEE 031800
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 4/3/20002001
1.A SEVERE TROPICAL STORM (ANDO)
2.A POSITION AT 1800 UTC  03/01/2001 : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    POINT 12.4S/58.7E (TWELVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND
    FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 4.0/4.0  /D 1.5/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 972 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 60 KT
6.A EXTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 200 KM   SE30: 140 KM
    SW30: 200 KM   NW30: 140 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1008 HPA / 1700
    KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : DEEP
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 13.2S / 57.7E FI=4.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 14.4S / 56.5E FI=5.0

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 18.0S / 54.6E FI=5.0

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : THE SYSTEM SHOULD INCURVE
    SOUTHWESTWARD THEN SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD AND SPEED UP, IN
    DIRECTION OF THE AREA OF LOW PRESSURES LOCATED SOUTH OF
    MADAGASCAR.=