Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:20:12 -0600

408
WTIO20 FMEE 100600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 10/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.3S/72.7E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 400 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN
    QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/72.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/71.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THIS ALMOSTSTATIONNARY, CONDENSED AND
    ASYMMETRIC SYSTEM HAS SHOWN CLEAR SIGNS OK WEAKENING DURING
    THE LAST 12 HOURS.=