Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 13:26:30 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 061800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 06/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 09  (EVARISTE )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.8S/60.9E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SO?TN??8 KT
??MENACED AREAS        ??SKUA
LY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUA?R??T EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CEN@RE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 MN IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 19.6 SOUTH/61.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENJI@F.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 21.5 SOUTH/61.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM KEEPS ON REGULARLY TRACKING
    SOUTHWARD AND STILL WEAKENS UNDER THE NORT-NORTHWESTERLY
    WINDSHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.