Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 06:17:05 -0600

974
WTIO20 FMEE 071200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 07/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.8S/75.0E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 11.9 SOUTH/72.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 12.8 SOUTH/71.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS REBUILT OVER THE LOW LEVEL
    CENTRE, WHICH IS STILL LOCATED ON THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE
    CONVECTIVE MASS,