Subject: Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 04b Warning Nr 003

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:37:41 -0600

WTIO31 PGTW 120300
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 04B WARNING NR 003
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   120000Z3 --- NEAR 16.3N0 85.3E6
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 035 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 16.3N0 85.3E6
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   121200Z6 --- 17.2N0 85.7E0
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 360 DEG/ 04 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   130000Z4 --- 18.1N0 85.7E0
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
120300Z6 POSITION NEAR 16.5N2 85.4E7.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 04B, LOCATED JUST OFF OF THE ORISSA COAST OF
INDIA, HAS TRACKED NORTHEASTWARD AT 06 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 06
HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 112330Z0 INFRARED AND EARLY
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA. THE WARNING INTENSITY
IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS AND
SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATING 25 TO 30 KNOTS. ENHANCED INFRARED ANIMATION
DEPICTS INTERMITTENT BURSTS OF DEEP CONVECTION DECOUPLED WELL TO THE
NORTH OF A POORLY DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 24
HOUR TREND IN THE QUIKSCAT DATA REVEALED A WEAKENING TREND OF THE 35
KNOTS WINDS OVER THE WEST QUADRANT. ASSOCIATED WINDS OVER THE SOUTH
QUADRANT HAVE NOW DROPPED TO 20 KNOTS. STRONG UPPER NORTHERLY WINDS
CONTINUE TO HINDER FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. THEREFORE, THIS WILL BE THE
FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.