Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:28:36 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 221800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/221800Z/231800Z MAR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED IN THE ANDAMAN SEA.
221143Z3 QUIKSCAT DATA INDICATED A CYCLONIC CIRCULATION NEAR 9.5N4
95.0E4 WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. 221420Z1 SPECIAL
SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER DATA ALSO INDICATES THE PRESENCE OF A
CYCLONE WITH HEAVY BUT ISOLATED CONVECTION WEST OF CENTER. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.4S7
62.8E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.0S3 57.0E2, APPROXIMATELY 500 NM NORTH
OF MAURITIUS ISLAND. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A
221355Z8 TROPICAL RAINFALL MEASURING MISSION PASS DEPICT A LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER WITH MINIMAL DEEP CONVECTION. 221330Z1 QUIKSCAT
DATA INDICATES MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.0S9
118.0E0, NORTH OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA, HAS WEAKENED AND MOVED
OVER LAND. THEREFORE, THIS AREA IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.