Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 06:17:55 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 011200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 01/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BAKO EX-BESSI)
    976 HPA
POSITION             : 15.1S/85.4E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/84.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 15.6 SOUTH/83.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS CLEARLY INTENSIFIED SINCE
    LAST NIGTH, IT SHOWS NOW AN EYE WITHIN A STRUCTURE WHICH IS
    BECOMING SLOWLY MORE SYMETRIQUE.THE TRACK SLOWS DOWN ALWAYS
    GLOBALY WESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.