Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 00:17:57 -0600

102
WTIO20 FMEE 210600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 21/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CHARLY )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.4S/78.3E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/76.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/73.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  TRACK HAS CURVED WESTSOUTHWESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.