Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 00:19:04 -0600

498
WTIO20 FMEE 080600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 08/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.2S/73.7E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WHITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTER, EXTENDING UP TO 60 MN DANS LE
    DEMI-CERCLE EST.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 14.2 SOUTH/72.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 15.4 SOUTH/72.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSIFICATION OF THE SYSTEM ON A
    SOUTH-SOUTH-EASTERN TRACK.=