Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 06:25:12 -0600

363
WTIO20 FMEE 211200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 21/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 05  (CHARLY )
    968 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.5S/77.2E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 12? NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMIQACIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM ?ADIUR?@???GE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 17.8 SOUTH/75.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 18.1 SOUTH/73.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED DURING LAST
    HOURS (T=CI=4.5- AT 12 UTC).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.