Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 12:13:14 -0600

500
WTIO20 FMEE 131800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 035/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 13/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.4S/68.5E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    NEAR THE CENTRE.STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY
    HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.GALE FORCE WINDS
    35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM AND
    LOCALLY 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 19.6 SOUTH/68.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 19.7 SOUTH/66.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSITY IS STATIONNARY. THE EYE IS
    RAGGED AND NOT WELL DEFINED, DISAPEARS SOMETIME .
BINDU NOW QUASI-STATIONNARY, SHOULD TRACK TOWARDS THE WESTERN
    SECTOR IN THE NEXT HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.