Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 13:15:02 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 071800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 07/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 09(EVARISTE)
       992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.2S/61.0E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 23.4 SOUTH/59.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 23.8 SOUTH/58.2 EAST
 DISSIPATED.

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS DRASTICALLY WEAKENED BY
    NORTHWESTERLY SHEARING. STRONG WINDS PERSIST IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT QUITE FAR FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY UNDER
    SQUALLS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.