Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 05:45:28 -0600

156
WTIO20 FMEE 061200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 06/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 04   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.7S/80.0E
    (NINE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 300 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE .
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND
    EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, REACHING
    LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 10.0 SOUTH/79.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 11.0 SOUTH/77.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  LOW LEVEL CENTRE, STILL BADLY DEFINED,
    REMAINS LOCATED IN THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTION WHICH
    IS EASTERLY SHEARED.=