Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 19:50:51 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 030000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 03/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BAKO EX-BESSI)
    966 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.2S/85.9E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICAN FORCE WINDS AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADUIS FROM
    THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 65
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 17.7 SOUTH/85.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/83.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOWS NOW A NORTHWESTERLY
    SHEARED PATTERN. IT IS FORECAST WEAKENING ON A TRACK BECOMING
    WESTWARD.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.