Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:34:58 -0600

142
WTIO20 FMEE 100000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 10/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    957 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.3S/72.7E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS, AND EXTENDING
    LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/72.4 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/70.4 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE EYE HAS DISAPPEARED IN THE LAST
    HOURS. CONDENSED AND ASYMMETRIC SYSTEM WITH EXTENSION OF
    SQUALLS AND STRONG WINDS MORE IMPORTANT IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.=