Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 12:09:46 -0600

840
WTIO20 FMEE 021800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 02/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 03   995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.3S/60.5E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 300 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS UP TO 30 MN FROM THE
    CENTRE AND LOCALLY IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 12.2 SOUTH/59.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 13.0 SOUTH/58.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GOES ON INTENSIFYING SLIGHTLY.
    IT TRACKS WESTSOUTHWESTWARD AND HAS BEEN ACCELERATING DURING
    THE LAST HOURS. IT SHOULD CURVE SOUTHWESTER.=