Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 06:09:41 -0600

710
WTIO20 FMEE 021200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/02/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 02/02/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07   996 HPA
POSITION             : 22.6S/67.5E (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 250 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
BROAD CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS 30 KT NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 24.9 SOUTH/66.9 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 27.0 SOUTH/66.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION REMAINS WEAK AND POORLY
    ORGANIZED.
THE SYSTEM STILL TRACKS SOUTHWARD, TOWARDS THE WEAKNESS OF THE
    SUBTROPICAL RIDGE.
STRONGEST WINDS ARE IN THE EASTERN PART OF THE SYSTEM.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.