Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:34:14 -0600

968
WTIO20 FMEE 211800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 21/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 05  (CHARLY )
    958 HPA
POSITION             : 17.9S/76.2E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 240 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/74.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 19.4 SOUTH/72.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS GONE ON INTENSIFYING
    DURING LAST HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.