Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:13:03 -0600

429
WTIO20 FMEE 161800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 047/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 16/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (EX-BINDU )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.1S/60.7E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP FROM 150 NM TO
    300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE,
    AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT,
BUT REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT UP TO 150
    NM, DUE TO THE STRONG GRADIANT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE
    SOUTH..
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 24.8 SOUTH/59.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 26.5 SOUTH/58.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STRONGLY SHEARED AND
    WITHOUT CONVECTION NEAR THE CENTRE. LARGE EXTENSION OF STRONG
    WINDS (30 TO 35 KT) IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, DUE TO THE
    PRESSURE GRADIANT WHITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.