Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 00:37:26 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 030600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 03/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BAKO EX-BESSI)
    970 HPA
POSITION             : 17.4S/85.8E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICAN FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 55
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/85.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 18.7 SOUTH/85.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSITY IS DECREASING AND THE TRACK WAS
    SLOW AND SOUTHWARD OVER THE LAST HOURS. OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS,
    BAKO SHOULD KEEP ON TRACKING SOUTHWARD THEN
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE 48 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.