Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 19:09:19 -0600

254
ABIO10 PGTW 090100
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/090100Z/091800Z FEB 01//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/082021Z FEB 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.2S8
114.0E6 IN THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.4S9
113.6E1, AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT
(SEE REF A). ANIMATED VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS A PARTIALLY
EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH CONVECTION SHEARED
TO THE WEST. A 082214Z7 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER PASS
CONFIRMS A LLCC WITH DEEP CONVECTION CONFINED TO THE WESTERN SEMI-
CIRCLE. A 082203Z5 QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATES THE WINDS ARE SYMMETRIC AB
OUT THE LLCC. 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE LLCC IS EQUATORWARD OF THE
UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS IN AN AREA OF DIFFLUENCE. THE MINIMUM SEA LEVE
L PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 999 MB. SEE REF A (WTXS21 PGTW
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3.  JUSTIFICATION: UPGRADE 2.B.(1) TO GOOD.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/SMITH/BALDINGER/CUTMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.