Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:23:16 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z MAR 01//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/091351Z MAR 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) IS LOCATED OF THE
NORTHERN TIP OF SUMATRA NEAR 7.0N7 96.0E5. ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES DISORGANIZED CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE AREA.
A STRONG ZONAL JET TO THE NORTH IS CREATING STRONG VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR NORTH OF THE SYSTEM, HOWEVER UW-CIMSS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
PRODUCT INDICATES WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE
LLCC. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATES A 15 TO 20 KNOT CIRCULATION.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 101200Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 15S (DERA) WAS LOCATED AT
24.4S0 40.5E9, APPROXIMATELY 140 NM SOUTH OF EUROPA ISLAND, AND WAS
MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 08 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE
65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 101500) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.6S4
40.0E4 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/BALDINGER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.