Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:40:24 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 061800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/061800Z/071800Z APR 01//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/061352Z APR 01//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/060753Z APR 01//
NARR/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 061200Z9 TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (WALTER) WAS LOCATED NEAR
13.8S2 94.2E5 AND MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 85 KNOTS.
SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 061500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 060600Z2 TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S (EVARISTE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 16.2S9 61.0E7 AND MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 75 KNOTS GUSTING TO 90
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS33 PGTW 060900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.2S5
81.9E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.6S8 79.4E0 AND IS NOW MERGING WITH THE
REMNANTS OF TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S. THIS REGION IS APPROXIMATELY 500
NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. ENHANCED INFRARED AND VISIBLE
ANIMATION DEPICT CYCLING BURSTS OF CONVECTION ABOUT THE CENTROID OF
THE TWO SYSTEMS. MUTUAL CYCLONIC ROTATION WITH TROPICAL CYCLONE
16S HAS PERSISTED FOR ABOUT 24 HOURS. HOWEVER, CONVECTION ASSOCIATED
WITH TC 16S HAS WEAKENED CONSIDERABLY. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS
INDICATES A BROAD, ELONGATED CIRCULATION CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH
THIS AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.