Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 18:13:04 -0600

105
WTIO20 FMEE 210000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 21/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CHARLY )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.4S/79.4E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE
    DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY
    ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/77.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/75.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CHARLY IS STILL TRACKING SOUTHWESTWARD,
    FASTLY, BUT SHOULD CURVE WESTSOUTHWESTWARD, OR WESTWARD, FOR
    THE NEXT 24 HOURS, STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE HIGH ARRIVING IN
    THE SOUTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.