Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:48:28 -0600

982
WTIO20 FMEE 061800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 06/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 04   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.0S/78.8E
    (TEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 300 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 10.8 SOUTH/77.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 11.6 SOUTH/75.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS FLUCTUATING AND THE LOW
    LEVEL CENTRE, WHICH IS ON THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTIVE
    MASS, IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE.=