Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:16:48 -0600

537
WTIO20 FMEE 201800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 20/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CHARLY )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.8S/80.7E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 25
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY
    ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/78.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/76.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  AN EYE HAS STARTED TO BUILD. MORE
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOTION IS EXPECTED FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.