Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:12:39 -0600

988
WTIO20 FMEE 110600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 025/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 11/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.5S/71.4E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/70.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH/69.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EXTENSION OF WINDS (NEAR GALE AND GALE
    FORCE) CONFIRMED BY AN ERS OVERPASS.=