Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 07:18:06 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 041200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 04/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.8S/63.4E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND ROUGH SEAS, REACHING NEAR GALE
    FORCE WINDS 30 KT NEAR THE CENTRE AND UP LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM
    IN THE NORTHEASTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 05/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 14.0 SOUTH/62.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/62.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS SOUTHSSOUTHWESTWARD IN
    A WEAKNESS OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGHE. STRONGER WINDS EXIST
    UNDER SQUALLS AND IN THE NORTHEASTERN PART.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.