Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 06:20:36 -0600

196
WTIO20 FMEE 081200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 08/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.4S/73.3E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT, AND EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS FROM
    THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WHITHIN 50 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTER, EXTENDING UP TO 70 MN DANS LE
    DEMI-CERCLE EST.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM EXTENDING UP TO 110 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/72.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/71.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSIFICATION OF THE SYSTEM IN A
    BANDINF EYE PATTERN.