Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 09s (vincent) Warning Nr 008a Relocated

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:43:12 -0600

WTXS31 PGTW 152100
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 09S (VINCENT) WARNING NR 008A RELOCATED
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   151800Z5 --- NEAR 19.5S5 122.2E7
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 135 DEGREES AT 10 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 070 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY A COMBINATION OF
     SATELLITE , RADAR, AND SYNOPTIC DATA
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 19.5S5 122.2E7
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   160600Z3 --- 21.1S4 123.1E7
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
152100Z9 POSITION NEAR 19.9S9 122.4E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 09S (VINCENT), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 200 NM
EAST OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA, WAS RELOCATED FURTHER SOUTH THAN
PREVIOUSLY ANALYZED, AND HAS MOVED OVER LAND. THE WARNING POSITION
IS BASED ON 151800Z5 SYNOPTIC DATA, 151730Z7 INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY, AND RADAR. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON CURRENT
INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 KTS AND SYNOPTIC REPORTS OF 25 KNOTS. TC
09S IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TO TRACK SOUTHWARD UNDER THE STEERING
INFLUENCE OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO THE EAST-SOUTHEAST. AN
APPROACHING MID-LATITUDE TROUGH WILL SERVE TO FURTHER ENHANCE THE
SOUTHWARD MOVEMENT. TC 09S WILL CONTINUE TO WEAKEN OVER LAND AND
COMPLETELY DISSIPATE BY THE 12 HOUR FORECAST PERIOD. THIS IS THE
FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN).  THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.