Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 06:26:06 -0600

282
WTIO20 FMEE 241200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 24/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CHARLY )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.7S/62.7E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,  EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TU 280 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 80 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 23.1 SOUTH/60.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 23.8 SOUTH/57.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE REMAINS UNDER THE NORTHWESTERN
    EDGE OF THE CONVECTIVE DENSE OVERCAST, THE SYSTEM IS MOVING
    MORE WESTWARD SINCE THE LAST HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.