Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:25:52 -0600

006
WTIO20 FMEE 200000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 20/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CHARLY )
    986 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.3S/82.7E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UO TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM FROM THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN A
    45 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 16.1 SOUTH/81.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/79.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS, CHARLY HAS
    TRACKED SOUTHWESTWARD WITH A RAPID INTENSIFICATION. IT SHOULD
    GO ON INTENSIFYING, AND TRACK SOUTHWESTWARD THEN WESTARD
    UNDER STEERING INFLUENCE OF THE EASTERLY TRADE WINDS FLOW.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.