Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:23:42 -0600

220
WTIO20 FMEE 160600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 045/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 16/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.8S/62.1E
    (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS MAINLY UP TO 220
    NM IN THE SOUTHESATERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 22.7 SOUTH/60.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 23.9 SOUTH/58.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  RAPIDE WEAKENING OF BINDU, NORTHWESTERLY
    SHEARED.
STRONG WINDS EXTENSION IS IMPORTANT IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, DUE
    TO PRESSURE GRANDIENT WHITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.