Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:08:05 -0600

591
WTIO20 FMEE 150000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 040/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 15/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    982 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.3S/67.9E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 80 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 20.8 SOUTH/67.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 21.3 SOUTH/65.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY
    SHEARED AND KEEPS ON WEAKENING. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTENT
    FAR IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DU TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH. CENTRE REMAINS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE ON THE
    IR IMAGERY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.