Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 23:49:08 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 020600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 02/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BAKO EX-BESSI)
    972 HPA
POSITION             : 16.0S/85.1E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  2 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 16.6 SOUTH/85.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/84.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BAKO HAS STOPPED ITS WESTWARD MOVEMENT,
    DUE TO THE PRESENCE OF A RIDGE IN THE MIDDLE LEVELS, LOCATED
    IN THE WEST OF THE SYSTEM, AND NOW IT IS TRACKING SLOWLY
    SOUTHWARD. THE INTENSITY HAS NOT CHANGED DURING THE LAST 24
    HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.