Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:21:20 -0600

238
WTIO20 FMEE 170600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 049/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 17/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 04  (EX-BINDU )
    1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.2S/59.0E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS UP TO
    300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 25.6 SOUTH/58.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 27.2 SOUTH/57.8 EAST
 DISSIPATED

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STRONGLY SHEARED AND
    WITHOUT CONVECTION NEAR THE CENTRE. LARGE EXTENSION OF GALE
    FORCE WINDS 30 KT IN THE SOUTH, DUE TO THE PRESSURE GRADIENT
    WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.
LAST WARNING ISSUED ON THIS SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.