Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:25:50 -0600

052
WTIO20 FMEE 231200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 23/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
?
CHENOMENONN?? ?? ?? ?: TROPICAL CYCLONE 05  (CHARLY )
    945 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.6S/69.0E
    (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
 ? ?R??IUS?MF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TU 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
 WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 22.9 SOUTH/67.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 23.4 SOUTH/64.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CONVECTION HAS SIGNIFICANTLY
    WEAKENED, SINCE CHARLY HAS CROSSED THE 20 SOUTH. IT MAINTAINS
    A SOUTHWESTWARD TRACK, IN DIRECTION OF THE AREA OF LOW
    PRESSURES DRIFTING IN THE SOUTH, AND SHOULD CURVE
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.