Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 06:21:10 -0600

908
WTIO20 FMEE 221200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 22/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 05  (CHARLY )
    928 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.8S/73.0E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE
    DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 110
    NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 19.6 SOUTH/71.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 20.5 SOUTH/69.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED DURING LAST
    HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.