Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:10:45 -0600

948
WTIO20 FMEE 160000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 044/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 16/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    989 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.7S/63.2E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 280 NM IN THE SOUTHERN AND
    SOUTHESATERN QUADRANTS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 21.7 SOUTH/61.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 24.0 SOUTH/60.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BINDU SHOULD CURVE SOUTHWESTWARD WHILE
    WEAKENING AND ACCELERATING. STRONG WINDS EXTENSION IS
    IMPORTANT IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, DUE TO PRESSURE GRANDIENT
    WHITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.