Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 13:21:32 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 051800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 05/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 09  (EVARISTE )
    977 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.0S/61.2E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY H?GH?SEAS WITHIN 20
  ? NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND ROUG
 @O VERY RO?GH?SEAS WIT
IN?40
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND RO?GH?TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 MN RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 130 MN
    IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 16.3 SOUTH/61.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 17.8 SOUTH/60.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :   THE ENVIRONNMENT REMAINS FAVORABLE TO
    INTENSIFICATION OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS. IT TRACKS
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.