Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:33:51 -0600

347
WTIO20 FMEE 101200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 10/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.6S/72.7E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 80 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 170 NM IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/72.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/70.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE IMMOBILITY OF THE SYSTEM EXPLAINS ITS
    RAPID WEAKENING. AS SOON AS IT MOVES AGAIN, IT COULD
    REINTENSIFY.