Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:05:26 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 061800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 06/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 01   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.7S/82.5E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE
    30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 80 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
    STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 12.3 SOUTH/82.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 13.2 SOUTH/81.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE REMAINS EXPOSED NORTHEASTERN
    OF DEEP CONVECTION. THIS SYSTEM REMAINS WEAK.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.