Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 00:29:39 -0600

491
WTIO20 FMEE 050600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 05/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 04   1004 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.4S/85.0E
    (NINE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE SOUTH-WEST
    SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT AND ROUGH SEAS, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR
    GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 05/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 9.5 SOUTH/83.9 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 06/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 9.8 SOUTH/82.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM REMAINS EASTERLY SHEARED ; LOW
    LEVEL CENTRE IS LOCATED IN THE EAST OF THE FLUCTUATING
    CONVECTION.
ITS INTENSITY DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR WARNINGS.