Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 12:44:42 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z JUN 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
    (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19.0N0 90.0E9
HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY IN THE NORTHERN BAY OF BENGAL.
ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS WEAKENING CONVECTION AND
ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. IMAGERY ALSO SHOWS ISOLATED
DEEP CONVECTION WEST OF THE PARTIALLY-EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC). THE 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS THAT THE HIGH PREVIOUSLY
LOCATED NEAR 21.0N3 89.0E7 HAS SHIFTED NORTHEAST WITH WEAK
EASTERLIES PREVAILING OVER THE LLCC. THE UW-CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES
THAT MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR HAS INCREASED SLIGHTLY OVER THE
PAST 24 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB.
BASED ON THE WEAKENING TREND AND INCREASING SHEAR, THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
    (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BARLOW/MAYER/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.