Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 01:34:20 -0500

WTIO24 FMEE 220600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/06/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 22/06/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 25.8S/39.2E
    (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE
    DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTNORTHEAST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE 35/40 KT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 22/06/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 25.6 SOUTH/41.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/06/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 25.5 SOUTH/43.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS NOT LIKELY TO INTENSIFY DUE
    TO STRONG WNW WINDS IN THE HIGH LEVELS. BUT THE CLOCKWISE
    CIRCULATION IS WELL DEFINED IN THE LOW AND MIDDLE LEVELS,
    REMAINING VERY SMALL (LIKE A MIDGET).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.