Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 18:09:54 -0600

427
WTIO20 FMEE 080000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 08/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BINDU )
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.4S/73.4E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN AND EASTERN QUADRANTS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 25/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WHITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 80 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 13.5 SOUTH/72.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/71.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSIFICATION OF THE SYSTEM WHICH SEEMS
    TO TRACKS NOW SOUTHWEST, WHITH A CENTRE DIFFICULT TO LOCATE
    UNDER CONVECTION.