Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 07:17:22 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 031200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 03/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 09   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.4S/62.2E
    (TEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  2 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN  80 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    REACHING VERY LOCALLY 30 KT, WITH STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 10.7 SOUTH/61.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 11.2 SOUTH/61.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED DUE TO A MODERATE
    EASTERLY SHEAR. THE SYSTEM IS TRACKING VERY SLOWLY IN
    DIRECTION OF A WEAKNESS WITHIN THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.