Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 13:02:17 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z APR 01//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/081352Z APR 01//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/080753Z APR 01//
NARR/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 081200Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (WALTER) WAS LOCATED NEAR
22.7S1 94.7E0 AND MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 17 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS32 PGTW 081500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) AT 080600Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S (EVARISTE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 24.3S9 61.8E5 AND MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 18 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS.
SEE REF B (WTXS33 PGTW 080900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 10.5S6 84.0E2,
APPROXIMATELY 700 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA HAS PERSISTED
FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES
PULSATING CONVECTIVE CELLS ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD CYCLONIC
CIRCULATION. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALED A WEAK AND OBLONG LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/PARKER/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.