Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:39:29 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 151800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/151800Z/161800Z JUN 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 22.0N2 67.6E9 IN
THE NORTH ARABIAN SEA. ANIMATED VISUAL AND INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS A BROAD AREA OF POORLY ORGANIZED CONVECTION HAS
DEVELOPED OFF SHORE NEAR THE PAKISTAN/INDIA BORDER WHERE THE
MONSOON TROUGH EXTENDS OVER WATER. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A POORLY
ORGANIZED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS DEVELOPED WITHIN THE MONSOON
TROUGH. 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES STRONG UPPER-LEVEL WINDS DOMINATE
THE REGION WHICH SHOULD INHIBIT FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 995 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: JEFFIRES/WAUGAMAN/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.