Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 01:21:10 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 070600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 07/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 09  (EVARISTE )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.4S/62.0E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  16 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 22.9 SOUTH/62.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 26.0 SOUTH/62.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM, WEAKENING, IS NOW TRACKING
    SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD, WITH A SPEED MOTION MORE IMPORTANT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.