Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:18:42 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 041800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 04/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.7S/62.8E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 05/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 15.4 SOUTH/61.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/61.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL TRACKING
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD IN DIRECTION OF A WEAKNESS WITHIN THE
    SUBTROPICAL RIDGE. IT IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE THE CENTRE,
    SITUATED UNDER THE CONVECTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.