Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:06:52 -0600

674
WTIO20 FMEE 021800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/02/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 02/02/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07   996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.8S/67.3E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    QUADRANT.
BROAD CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS 30 KT NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 26.1 SOUTH/67.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 28.2 SOUTH/66.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION REMAINS WEAK AND POORLY
    ORGANIZED.
THE SYSTEM IS STILL TRACKING SOUTHWARD, SLOWING DOWN WITH THE
    APPROACHING HIGH PRESSURE  IN THE SOUTHWEST.
STRONGEST WINDS ARE IN THE EASTERN AND SOUTHERN PART OF THE
    SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.