Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 19:12:02 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 070000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 07/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 09  (EVARISTE )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.6S/61.0E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 MN IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 20.5 SOUTH/61.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/04/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 22.9 SOUTH/60.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS SLIGHLY SPED UP OVER THE
    LAST HOURS, BUT STILL TRACKS SOUTHWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.