Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:52:24 -0600

077
ABIO10 PGTW 021800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/021800Z/031800Z FEB 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL/021651Z FEB 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION//
RMKS/1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY NEAR 17.8S6 068.3E7 IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 23.4S9 067.3E6 APPROXIMATELY 320 NM SOUTHEAST OF
PORT MATHURIN. A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION HAS TRACKED
SOUTH-SOUTHWEST AT 19 KNOTS IN THE PAST 6 HOURS. RECENT ANIMATED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THE AREA IS BECOMING LESS ORGANIZED. UW-
CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS MOVING TOWARD AN AREA OF
INCREASED VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1000 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR. SEE
REF A (WTXS22 PGTW 021700) FOR FUTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/SMITH/BALDINGER/CUTMAN/

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.