Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 06:12:27 -0600

801
WTIO20 FMEE 131200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 034/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 13/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.4S/68.5E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN
 45 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS
    35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM AND
    LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 14/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/67.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/66.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSITY HAS SLIGHLY DECREASED. THE EYE
    IS RAGGED AND NOT WELL DEFINED.
BINDU SHOULD TRACK TOWARDS THE WESTERN SECTOR IN THE NEXT 12
    HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.