Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 00:31:37 -0600

851
WTIO20 FMEE 060600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 06/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 04   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.9S/81.2E
    (NINE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 300 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE .
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND
    EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, REACHING
    LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 06/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 10.2 SOUTH/80.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 10.4 SOUTH/79.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  LOW LEVEL CENTRE REMAINS LOCATED IN THE
    EASTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTION.=