Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:10:14 -0600

878
WTIO20 FMEE 161200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 046/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 16/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (BINDU )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : 22.3S/61.2E (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS FROM UP TO 150 NM
    TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE,
    AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT,
BUT REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT UP TO 150
    NM, DUE TO THE STRONG GRADIANT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURE IN THE
    SOUTH..
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 23.7 SOUTH/59.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 25.4 SOUTH/57.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  RAPIDE WEAKENING OF BINDU, NORTHWESTERLY
    SHEARED.
IMPORTANT STRONG WINDS EXTENSION IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, DUE
    TO PRESSURE GRANDIENT WHITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.