Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:33:27 -0600

640
WTIO20 FMEE 240600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 026/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 24/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CHARLY )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : 22.6S/64.4E (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN WKPC??M
??    RAHIUSLOF THE CENTRE, ,E?@ENDING LOCALLY UP TU 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT ANB HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
?  ,??M RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KTNAND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN WRP NM RADIK? OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 22.8 SOUTH/62.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 23.6 SOUTH/59.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL WEAKENING, UNDERGOING
    A NOTHWETERLY SHEARING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.