Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:13:33 -0600

587
WTIO20 FMEE 220600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 22/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 05  (CHARLY )
    948 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.3S/74.0E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR
    DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90
    NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 19.0 SOUTH/72.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/70.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS GOT A WELL DEFINED EYE 60
    KM IN DIAMETER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.