Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:24:03 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 010600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 01/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (BAKO EX-BESSI)
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.0S/85.7E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 280 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT NEAR THE CENTRE AND HIGH SEAS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/85.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 15.4 SOUTH/84.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS CLEARLY INTENSIFIED DURING
    THE LAST HOURS, IT SHOWS NOW A BIGINING OF EYE, WITH WITH
    CLOUDS NOT VERY COLD IN THE SOUTHENR PART.
 STRONG WINDS ARE LOCATED IN THE SOUTH, BECAUSE OF PRESSURE
    GRADIENT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.