Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:17:36 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 310600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 31/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 02  (EX-ANDRE )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : 8.8S/81.3E (EIGHT DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 300 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30
    KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER
    SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 9.5 SOUTH/80.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/11/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 10.8 SOUTH/78.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM THAT REMAINS IN A MODERATE
    NORTHEASTERLY SHEARED ENVIRONMENT.
CONVECTION HAS REBUILT NEAR THE CENTRE WHICH IS STILL LOCATED
    NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN CONVECTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.