Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:26:52 -0600

556
WTIO20 FMEE 091800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 09/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.2S/72.7E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS, AND EXTENDING
    LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONGS GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 16.6 SOUTH/72.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH/72.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EYE 15 NM IN DIAMETER. CONDENSED AND
    ASYMMETRIC SYSTEM WITH EXTENSION OF SQUALLS AND STRONG WINDS
    MORE IMPORTANT IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.=