Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:38:31 -0600

200
WTIO20 FMEE 060000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 06/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 04   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.7S/81.1E
    (NINE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN SECTOR .
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND
    EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, REACHING
    LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 06/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 10.1 SOUTH/78.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 10.5 SOUTH/76.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  LOW LEVEL CENTRE IS LOCATED IN THE
    EASTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTION. THE CONVECTION IS MORE
    PERSISTANTE SINCE MORE THAN 12 HOURS.