Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 00:14:54 -0600

337
WTIO20 FMEE 020600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/02/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 02/02/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07   996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.3S/68.2E
    (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT
    DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 220 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
BROAD CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE
    WINDS 30 KT  UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 23.9 SOUTH/67.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 26.5 SOUTH/67.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION REMAINS BROKEN AND
    FLUCTUATING.
THE SYSTEM STILL TRACKS SOUTHWARD, TOWARDS THE WEAKNESS OF THE
    SUBTROPICAL RIDGE.
STRONGEST WINDS ARE IN THE EASTERN PART OF THE SYSTEM.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.