Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 18:03:32 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 050000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 05/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (EX-BAKO )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.9S/86.4E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL LOCAL SQUALLS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT, EXTENDING FROM 200 NM TO 450 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/12/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/86.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/12/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/86.0 EAST
 DISSIPATED
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BAKO SEEMS TO DISSIPATE LOCALLY, ITS
    POSITION HAS POORLY CHANGED OVER THE LAST 36 H.
HOWEVER, STRONG WINDS PERSIST FAR FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN
    THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.