Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 12:23:00 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 281800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 28/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 02  (ANDRE  EX ALEX)

    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 8.5S/87.3E
    (EIGHT DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT  AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE WESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 8.7 SOUTH/85.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 8.9 SOUTH/84.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  ANDRE TRACKS WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD, AND
    SHOULD KEEP ON OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS. ITS INTENSITY SHOULD
    REMAIN QUASI-STATIONARY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.