Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 19:04:44 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 070000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 07/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 01   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.0S/82.0E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 40 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE
    30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 80 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
    STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 13.0 SOUTH/81.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/81.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS REBUILT OVER THE CENTRE
    WHICH IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE. IT IS ESTIMATED IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN PART OF THE CONVECTIVE MASS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.