Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 01:38:34 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 040600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 04/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.4S/79.6E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND ROUGH
    SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND LOCALLY KT IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORE?ASTED POSITION 04/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 15.4,SO??H/77.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORAC??TED POSITION 05/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 15.5 SOUTH/75.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOWS SIGNS OF WEAKENNING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.