Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 11:31:59 -0600

945
ABIO10 PGTW 311800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/311800Z DEC 00/011800Z JAN 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.0S8
68.0E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.6S5 66.6E8. ANIMATED INFRARED AND
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE THE AREA OF CONVECTION IS BROAD
AND SUGGEST A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE AREA IS
EMBEDDED WITHIN A NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDING ACROSS THE
SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN. MAXIMUM SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (2) THE AREA OF SPORADIC CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED IN THE
SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN NEAR 15.0S6 85.0E3 HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST
24 HOURS AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE POTENTIAL
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: COX/WAUGAMAN/HARRISON//