Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 08:06:48 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 271200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 27/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 02   987 HPA
POSITION             : 7.4S/91.1E (SEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
    SOUTH AND NINETY ONE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT  AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN  25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 28/10/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 7.4 SOUTH/89.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/10/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 7.4 SOUTH/88.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE OF THE MODERATE TROPICAL STORM
    ALEX IS YET ON THE AUSTRALIAN AREA, BUT NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    AND GALE FORCE WINDS WILL COME IN OUR AREA AS THE SYSTEM GOES
    WESTERWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.