Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 00:13:35 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 050600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 028/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 05/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (BAKO )
    999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.5S/87.1E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL LOCAL SQUALLS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CERCLE, EXTENDING FROM 200 NM TO 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/20 KT NEAR THE CENTRE, REACHING NEAR GALE
    FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS FROM 60 TO 90
    MN RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY WITH THE SOUTHWESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/12/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 19.3 SOUTH/86.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/12/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 19.9 SOUTH/85.6 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BAKO IS LOOSING ITS TROPICAL STRUCTURE,
    OVER COLD WATER.
HOWEVER, STRONG WINDS PERSIST FAR FROM THE CENTRE WITHIN A RING,
    MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT
    WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.