Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:10:19 -0600

827
ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/100752Z JAN 01//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/100751Z JAN 01//
NARR/REF A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 100600Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 04S (ANDO), WAS LOCATED NEAR
30.4S7 51.9E5, AND WAS TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHEAST AT 17 KNOTS OVER THE
SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 25
KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 100900) FOR FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) AT 100600Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BINDU), WAS LOCATED
NEAR 16.3S0 73.0E0, ABOUT 535 NM SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND WAS
QUASI-STATIONARY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 75 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 90 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 100900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.8S2
132.0E6 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.9S2 130.5E9, OVER THE NORTHERN
TERRITORY COAST OF AUSTRALIA NEAR DARWIN. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY,
HOWEVER, FOR THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER TO DRIFT OFF THE COAST
AND INTO THE TIMOR SEA DURING THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT 12 TO 18 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. THEREFORE, THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WILSON/CUTMAN//