Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 10:57:39 -0600

918
ABIO10 PGTW 011800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/011800Z/021800Z JAN 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.6S5
66.6E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.7S9 62.7E5, APPROXIMATELY 745 NM EAST-
NORTHEAST OF MADAGASCAR. ANIMATED INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICT THAT ALTHOUGH THE OVERALL COVERAGE HAS DECREASED IN
THE LAST 12 HOURS, THE DEEP CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) HAS INCREASED. MAXIMUM SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. 200 MB ANAL SHOWS THAT THE LLCC LIES
BENEATH THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS
FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/SMITH/WILSON/CUTMAN//