Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:28:35 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 231800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/231800Z/241800Z APR 01//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO
COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.1S8
80.1E9 HAS BEEN RELOCATED TO A POSITION NEAR 4.0S4 79.0E6 BASED ON
SYNOPTIC DATA. EARLIER VISIBLE AND ENHANCED INFRARED ANIMATION
DEPICT WEAK, DISORGANIZED, CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A NEAR
EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDING OVER THE REGION. IMAGERY ALSO REVEALS
ANOTHER CLUSTER NEAR 9.3S2 77.5E9, SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA WHICH
APPEARS TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH A MID-LEVEL FEATURE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 18 TO 22 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) THE REMNANTS OF 20S (ALISTAIR) PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
21.1S4 110.0E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 23.9S4 111.7E0, APPROXIMATELY 90
NM WEST OF CAPE FARQUHAR, WESTERN AUSTRALIA. SATELLITE ANIMATION
DEPICTS THAT THE SYSTEM HAS COMPLETED EXTRA-TROPICAL TRANSITION AND
IS CURRENTLY DRIFTING EASTWARD TOWARD THE COAST. THEREFORE, THE
SYSTEM IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/BALDINGER/JACKSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.