Subject: Indian-N: Securite

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:21:50 -0600

753
WTIO20 FMEE 191200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 19/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CHARLY )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.2S/84.4E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    25 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 20/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/83.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/82.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  IT IS STILL DIFFICULT TO LOCATE THE
    CENTRE.
THE TRACK SHOULD ESTABLISH WESTSOUTHWESTWARD STEERING INFLUENCE
    OF THE EASTERLY TRADE WINDS FLOW.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.