Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 13:32:52 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 061800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC
A??D SPEED IN KNOTS (K?PL????APNING NUMBER       : 017/09 (SOUTH-WEST
 INDI?N?OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALIW ??: FRIDUJ WCYXCRXWPPQ AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 09  (EVARISTE )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.8S/60.9E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SO?TN??8 KT
??MENACED AREAS        ??SKUA/LY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUA?R??T EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CEN?RE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 MN IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 19.6 SOUTH/61.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENJI?F.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/04/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 21.5 SOUTH/61.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM KEEPS ON REGULARLY TRACKING
    SOUTHWARD AND STILL WEAKENS UNDER THE NORT-NORTHWESTERLY
    WINDSHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.