Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 23:35:44 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 170600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/11/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 17/11/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : ZONE OF DISTURBED WEATHER 03   1005 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.0S/76.0E
    (TEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 71E AND
    84E, FROM 7S TO 14S.

THE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10/20 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 25/30 KT IN
    THE SOUTH, EXTENDING UP TO 13S, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  LOCATION OF THE CENTRE AND EXTENSION OF
    WINDS ARE ESTIMATED ACCORDING TO QUIKSCAT DATA AT 00H55. AT
    THIS STYAGE, THE SYSTEM DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR
    WARNINGS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.