Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 20s (alistair) Warning Nr 019

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:00:37 -0500

WTXS31 PGTW 211500
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (ALISTAIR) WARNING NR 019
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   211200Z6 --- NEAR 21.1S4 110.0E2
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 225 DEGREES AT 09 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 21.1S4 110.0E2
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   220000Z4 --- 22.7S1 108.6E5
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 180 DEG/ 12 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   221200Z7 --- 25.1S8 108.7E6
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
211500Z9 POSITION NEAR 21.5S8 109.6E6.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 20S (ALISTAIR), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 240 NM
WEST-NORTHWEST OF LEARMONTH, AUSTRALIA, HAS TRACKED SOUTHWESTWARD AT
09 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
211130Z8 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
ON CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 35 KNOTS. RECENT ANIMATED INFRARED
ANIMATION REVEALED A FULLY EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) 58 NM WEST OF THE CONVECTION. THE SYSTEM CONTINUES TO
ENCOUNTER STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ASSOCIATED WITH UPPER LEVEL
WESTERLIES. TC 20S IS FORECAST TO TRACK SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE NEXT
24 HOURS AND DISSIPATE BY THE END OF THE FORECAST PERIOD. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 211200Z6 IS 12 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.