Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:19:51 -0600

280
WTIO20 FMEE 231800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 23/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 05  (CHARLY )
    958 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.2S/67.7E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE,  EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TU 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN SECTORS.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
 WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE,EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 23.3 SOUTH/65.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 23.9 SOUTH/62.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL WEAKENING.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.