Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:16:42 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

437
ABIO10 PGTW 250830
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/250830Z/251800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/250751Z JAN 01//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 250600Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 06S (CHARLY) WAS LOCATED
APPROXIMATELY 287 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF PORT LOUIS, MAURITIUS NEAR
24.6S2 59.1E5 AND WAS MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 13 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 250900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 22.2S6
48.3E5 HAS DRIFTED WESTWARD OVER MADAGASCAR DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.
THERFORE, THE AREA IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
      (2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 13.3S7 77.OE4
APPROXIMATELY 455 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA. VISIBLE ANIMATION
DEPICTS A GRADUAL INCREASE IN COVERAGE DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. A
250105Z3 QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATED A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) EMBEDDED IN A NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. STRONGER WINDS WERE
REVEALED POLEWARD OF THE LLCC. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 18 TO 22 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR
1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR RE-ISSUE: ADDED PARA 2.B.(2) POOR AREA.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WILSON/CUTMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.