Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:09:26 -0600

088
WTIO20 FMEE 130000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 032/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 13/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (BINDU )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.5S/68.9E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    NEAR THE CENTRE.STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY
    HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.GALE FORCE WINDS
    35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM AND
    LOCALLY UP TO 360 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2001 AT 1200 UTC: 19.4 SOUTH/68.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/01/2001 AT 0000 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/67.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE INTENSITY IS STATIONNARY. WITH A HIGH
    ARRIVING IN THE SOUTHERN PART OF BINDU, ITS TRACK SHOULD
    CURVE SOUTHWESTWARD THEN WESTWARD.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.