Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:42:15 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN

794
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z JAN 01//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110751Z JAN 01//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 110600Z8, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (BINDU), WAS LOCATED
NEAR 16.7S4 71.4E2, APPROXIMATELY 490 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF PORT
MATHURIN, RODRIGUES ISLAND, IN THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN, AND HAS
TRACKED WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW
110900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.9S2
130.5E9 OVER THE NORTHERN TERRITORY COAST OF AUSTRALIA NEAR DARWIN,
HAS DISSIPATED. THEREFORE, THE AREA IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 9.4S3 92.2E3
APPROXIMATELY 670 NM SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA OVER THE SOUTH INDIAN
OCEAN. VISIBLE AND INFRARED ANIMATION DEPICT INCREASE IN COVERAGE
DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATES A DEVELOPING LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER OVER THE NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 18 TO 22 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WILSON/CUTMAN//