Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 01:03:05 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 060600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 06/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 01   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.2S/83.3E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY THREE DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    WESTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND
    ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
    LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG
    GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 06/10/2001 AT 1800 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/83.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/10/2001 AT 0600 UTC: 13.5 SOUTH/83.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS LOCATED ON THE EASTERN EDGE
    OF THE CONVECTIVE MASS. THIS SYSTEM REMAINS ALMOST-STATIONARY
    IN INTENSITY AND MOVES VERY SLOWLY SOUTHWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.