Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:55:24 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 200000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 20/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GUILLAUME )
    930 HPA
POSITION             : 20.7S/58.8E (TWENTY DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 130 NM WITHIN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CERCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 21.5 SOUTH/58.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 22.4 SOUTH/57.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE INTENSITY OF GUILLAUME IS
    STATIONNARY, WITH A VERY SHORT EXTENTION OF STRONG WINDS AND
    SQUALLY WEATHER. THE MOUVEMENT SPEED HAS CLEARLY DECREASED
    DURING LAST HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.