Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:21:02 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 251800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 25/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 12  (IKALA )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.6S/73.0E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 450 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 12.1 SOUTH/72.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 13.2 SOUTH/72.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CENTRE HAS BEEN RELOCATED EASTWARDS.
IKALA HAS REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE LAST 9 HOURS. ITS
    INTENSIFICATION CONTINUES PROGRESSIVELY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.