Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:16:54 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/301800 APR 02/011800Z MAY 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.5S9
48.3E5 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 5.4S9 47.0E1 ABOUT 425 NM NORTH OF
MADAGASCAR. SATELLITE ANIMATION DEPICTS A WEAKENING TREND OVER THE
PAST 12 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.7S3
69.7E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 6.5S1 69.0E5 APPROXIMATELY 215 NM
WEST-NORTHWEST OF DIEGO GARCIA. VISIBLE AND ENHANCED INFRARED
ANIMATION DEPICT DEEP CONVECTION REMAINING WELL TO THE SOUTH OF
THE BROAD, LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED TO BE AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/JACOBS/SHERRY/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.