Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:18:50 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 140600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 037/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 14/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11  (EX-HARY
    EX-HARY)
    985 HPA
POSITION             : 30.9S/58.7E (THIRTY DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 550
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 30 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS EXTENDS UP
    TO 120 NM FROM THE CENTRE
70 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    200 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 32.0 SOUTH/58.8 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 15/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 32.5 SOUTH/59.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS REMAINS HIGH,
    DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.