Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:47:06 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800Z/111800Z APR 02//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/101351Z APR 02//
REF/B/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/101352Z APR 02//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 101200Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 21S (DIANNE-JERY), WAS
LOCATED NEAR 17.8S6 88.0E6, APPROXIMATELY 690 NM SOUTHWEST OF THE
COCOS ISLANDS IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN, AND WAS MOVING SOUTHWARD AT
07 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW
101500) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
(2) AT 101200Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 22S (BONNIE), WAS
LOCATED NEAR 9.9S8 124.7E4, OVER SOUTH CENTRAL TIMOR, HAS TRACKED
WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS DURING THE PASR 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE
REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 101500) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: CANTRELL/JACOBS/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.