Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 06:14:43 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 221200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 22/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 03  (EX-BOURA )
    999 HPA
POSITION             : 12.9S/52.9E (TWELVE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS FAR AWAY FROM THE
    CENTRE, LOCALLY BETWEEN 70 NM AND 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/11/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/51.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 10.9 SOUTH/49.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS NOW COMPLETLY EXPOSED, THE
    SYSTEM GOES ON WEAKENING, TRACKING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD.
STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE
    GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.