Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 07:17:46 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 081200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 026/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 08/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    988 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.6S/54.4E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 MN
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE..
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 11.8 SOUTH/52.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 12.5 SOUTH/50.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION PERSISTS ABOVE THE LLCC. THE
    SYSTEM COULD TRACK MORE SOUTHWESTWARD, TOWARD THE NORTH OF
    MADAGASCAR, IN A WEAKNESS OF THE LOW LEVEL HIGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.