Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 14:09:05 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800/121800Z MAY 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/111354Z MAY 02//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110751Z MAY 02//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110753Z MAY 02//
NARR/REFS A, B, AND C ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 111200Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02B WAS LOCATED NEAR
13.8N2 95.5E9, APPROXIMATELY 185 NM SOUTH OF RANGOON, MYANMAR,
TRACKING NORTHWARD AT 09 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTIO32 PGTW 111500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S (KESINY) MADE LANDFALL AT
(APPROX) 101830Z3, JUST 40 NM NORTHEAST OF MAHAJANGA, MADAGASCAR.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 110900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 110600Z8, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 24S (ERROL) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 6.1S7 96.9E4, APPROXIMATELY 360 NM NORTH OF THE COCOS ISLANDS,
DRIFTING WESTWARD AT 02 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE
REF C (WTXS32 PGTW 110900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WINGEART/LAM/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.