Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 06:13:03 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 231200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 23/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 12   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.0S/78.0E
    (NINE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 24/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 9.5 SOUTH/76.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 10.2 SOUTH/75.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM DOES NOT SHOW ANY SIGN OF
    INTENSIFICATION. IT IS UNDER MODERATE EASTERLY SHEARING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.