Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 00:19:33 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 240600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 24/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.6S/64.3E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 400
    NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO  VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 13.7 SOUTH/63.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 14.9 SOUTH/62.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CRYSTAL KEEPS ON INTENSIFYING, AND
    TRACKING REGULARLY SOUTHWESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.