Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:57:29 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 111800 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z JAN 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.7S5
73.5E5 HAS TRACKED RAPIDLY TO THE SOUTH-SOUTHEAST AND IS NOW LOCATED
NEAR 19.0S0 76.4E7 OVER THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS WEAK CYCLING CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) AS REVEALED BY A 110050Z7 QUIKSCAT PASS.
UPPER AIR ANALYSIS INDICATES THE LLCC IS IN A STRONG WIND SHEAR
ENVIRONMENT AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR COR: TO CORRECT PARA 2.B.(1)
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/MAZANY/JACOBS/SHERRY/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.