Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 12:05:40 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 221800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 22/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 04   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 8.7S/68.7E
    (EIGHT DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 300 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR
    THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 23/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 9.0 SOUTH/66.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 23/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 9.1 SOUTH/64.6 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS BETTER ORGANIZED IN THE
    SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM. STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTH OF
    THE SYSTEM.
AT THIS STAGE, THE SYSTEM DO NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR
    WARNINGS. NEXT WARNING WILL BE ISSUED FOLLOWING SYSTEM
    EVOLUTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.