Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 00:15:21 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 270600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 27/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05   996 HPA
POSITION             : 9.5S/89.7E (NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 150 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 80 NM INTHE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 10.0 SOUTH/90.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 10.5 SOUTH/89.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS NOT WELL ORGANIZED, WITH
    WEAK COVERAGE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.