Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 00:23:16 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 070600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 07/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  (HARY )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.2S/58.6E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING VERY LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN
    THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 350 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 70 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 11.0 SOUTH/56.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 11.6 SOUTH/54.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM  IS INTENSIFYING. IT REMAINS
    ON THE NORTHERN  EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES WITH
    GOOD CONDITIONS FOR INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.