Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 13:33:33 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 071800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/09/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 07/09/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1004 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 4.1S/54.7E
    (FOUR DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR
    THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 08/09/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 4.0 SOUTH/53.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/09/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 3.7 SOUTH/51.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS WEAK, AND THE SYSTEM IS
    UNDER INFLUENCE OF A MODERATE NORTHEASTERLY VERTICAL WIND
    SHEAR.
STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR OF THE SYSTEM.
THE SYSTEM IS GOING ON WEAKENING, AND DO NOT JUSTIFIED REGUMAR
    WARNING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.