Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:00:54 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/271751Z/271800ZDEC2002//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/271351ZDEC2002//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/270751ZDEC2002//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 271200Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (CRYSTAL) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 21.6S9 59.8E2, APPROXIMATELY 165 NM SOUTHEAST OF MAURITIUS IN
THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN, TRACKING SOUTHWARD AT 07 KNOTS DURING THE
PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 80 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 100 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 271500) FOR MORE
DETAILS.
      (2) AT 270600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 07S WAS LOCATED NEAR 9.4S3
89.6E3, APPROXIMATELY 460 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF COCOS ISLANDS,
TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 04 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 270900) FOR MORE DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/RONSEE/NUTONGLA/ANDERSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.