Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 00:26:50 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 180600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 18/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (DINA )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.5S/69.2E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 MN
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN
    25 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 15.1 SOUTH/67.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/65.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  A 40 KM DIAMETER EYE IS VISIBLE ON TRMM
    IMAGERY.
THE EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS IS MORE IMPORTANT IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT DUE TO THE SPEED OF THE SYSTEM AND THE
    GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.