Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 01:24:08 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 130600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/06/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/15 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 13/06/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 15   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.5S/79.5E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 300 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP
    TO 450 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE WESTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT AND ROUGH SEAS AROUND THE CENTRE,
    REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS UP
    TO 250 MN FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/06/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 14.2 SOUTH/78.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/06/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/77.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS INTENSIFIED SOUTHEAST OF
    THE LLCC. STRONGER WINDS ARE LOCATED FAR FROM THE CENTRE IN
    THE SOUTH DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT OR UNDER CONVECTIVE
    AREAS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.