Subject: Indian-N: 01 Active Tropical Cyclone In Northio

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 20:10:40 -0600

WTIO31 PGTW 312100 AMD
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B (VAMEI) WARNING NR 003A AMENDED
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   311800Z3 --- NEAR 3.4N7 90.5E4
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 270 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 3.4N7 90.5E4
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   010600Z7 --- 3.4N7 89.3E0
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 275 DEG/ 07 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   011800Z0 --- 3.5N8 87.9E4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
312100Z7 POSITION NEAR  3.4N7   90.2E1.
RECENT IMAGERY/ANIMATION DEPICTS THAT TC 05B IS FURTHER SOUTHEAST
(APPROX. 150 NM) THAN PREVIOUSLY POSITIONED. THIS RELOCATION ALSO
AFFECTED TRACK MOTION AND SPEED. THEREFORE, THE 311800Z3 WARNING HAS
BEEN AMENDED. TC 05B (VAMEI), LOCATED OVER THE BAY OF BENGAL, HAS
TRACKED WESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING
POSITION IS BASED ON 311730Z5 ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
AND MICROWAVE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON CURRENT
INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 KNOTS. ANIMATION NOW DEPICTS A FULLY
EXPOSED, WEAK, LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER DISPLACED WELL TO
THE SOUTHWEST OF THE ASSOCIATED CONVECTION. THIS MORNINGS 200 MB
ANALYSIS REVEALS MODERATE TO STRONG UPPER LEVEL SOUTHWESTERLIES OVER
THE REGION. TC 05B IS FORECAST TO TRACK WEST AND DISSIPATE BY THE
END OF THE PERIOD. JUSTIFICATION FOR AMENDMENT: TRACK DISPARITY AND
RELOCATION OF VORTEX CENTER. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS
SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE
SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.