Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 06:28:00 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 061200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 06/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
    968 HPA
POSITION             : 17.4S/80.3E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SECTOR AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/80.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 19.0 SOUTH/80.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE INTENSITY IS STABILIZING AND THE
    TRACK REMAINS SLOW SOUTHEASTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.