Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 06:24:15 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 291200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 028/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 29/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.7S/64.4E
    (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR
    DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FROM 60 TO 200 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND HIGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE EASTERN
    AND SOUTHERN SECTORS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 29.3 SOUTH/66.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 30.5 SOUTH/69.0 EAST
 EXTRATROPICAL.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CRYSTAL IS STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY
    SHEARED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.