Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:18:38 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 100600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 042/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 10/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (FRANCESCA )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : 22.5S/84.8E (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 MN IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 23.3 SOUTH/84.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 24.3 SOUTH/84.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  FRANCESCA KEEPS ON REGULARLY TRACKING
    SOUTHWARD AND ON WEAKENING BY NORTHWESTERLY SHEARING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.