Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 04:32:09 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 070600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 07/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
    962 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.0S/82.0E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 280 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/82.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 19.2 SOUTH/83.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS EASTSOUTHEASTWARD.
    THE SHEARING IS ACTUALLY TOO WEAK, ='9 5?-5 5?3 '6'53. 8' ,95
    WEAKENING AND AN EYE CAN ONCE AGAIN CLEARLY BE SEEN ON
    VISIBLE IMAGERY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.