Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 01:25:47 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 070600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 07/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.8S/59.1E
    (TEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 140 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 10.9 SOUTH/58.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 11.1 SOUTH/56.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.