Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:47:04 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 311800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 31/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.7S/90.2E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS UP TO 20
    NM FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN
    THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT, AND LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.5 SOUTH/90.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 14.4 SOUTH/89.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM REMAINS EASTNORTHEASTERLY
    SHEARED WITH A FULLY EXPOSED LLCC.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.