Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 07:11:47 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 061200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 06/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    974 HPA
POSITION             : 10.5S/60.7E (TEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 10.8 SOUTH/59.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 10.7 SOUTH/57.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE UPPER LEVEL CONDITIONS REMAIN
    FAVORABLE FOR FURTHER INTENSIFICATION. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    EXTEND FAR IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE STRONG GRADIENT
    WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.