Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 06:32:29 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 081200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 035/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 08/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
           954 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.0S/84.1E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 230 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 100
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    180 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 20.8 SOUTH/84.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 21.7 SOUTH/84.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOULD BEGIN TO WEAKEN DURING
    THE NEXT 24 HOURS DUE TO NORTHWESTERLY SHEARING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.