Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:43:45 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 191800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/191800Z/201800Z SEP 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.4N0
92.0E1 IS NOW NEAR 15.5N 91.5E5, APPROXIMATELY 275 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST
OF YANGON, MYANMAR, IN THE BAY OF BENGAL. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY
INDICATES CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH SURFACE
CONVERGENCE AND A MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS DEPICTS
GOOD DIFFLUENCE ALOFT AND WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ASSOCIATED WITH
AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE ANCHORED OVER CENTRAL MYANMAR. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY. NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/HEATH/DUKES/MCCOPPIN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.