Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:09:29 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 190000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 19/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 06  (DINA )
    950 HPA
POSITION             : 15.9S/67.3E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 MN
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN  80 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    140 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/66.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 17.1 SOUTH/66.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  DINA HAS DEEPENED OVER THE LAST 6 H (TRMM
    SWATH AT 1722 UTC WITH A WELL DEFINED EYE), AND HAS
    CONSIDERABLY SLOWN DOWN. DINA SHOULD KEEP ON TRACKING SLOWLY
    SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.