Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:17:10 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 251200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 035/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 25/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (DINA )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : 30.2S/54.0E (THIRTY DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    190 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 31.9 SOUTH/55.9 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 26/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 33.8 SOUTH/59.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS IS PROVED BY AN
    ERS SWATH (0634 UTC).
DINA IS IN EXTRATROPICAL TRANSITION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.