Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:09:39 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 260000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 26/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (IKALA )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.8S/73.4E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 14.2 SOUTH/73.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/72.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  IKALA HAS INTENSIFIED ON THE LAST IR
    IMAGERY. IT HAS ACCELERATED AND KEEPS ON GENERALLY TRACKING
    SOUTHWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.