Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 01:16:38 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 100600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 033/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 10/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    994 HPA
POSITION             : 13.5S/47.3E (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FORTY SEVEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 13.9 SOUTH/45.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 14.0 SOUTH/44.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS BACK OVER SEA BUT THE
    SYSTEM REMAINS DISORGANISED. THE TRACK SHOULD CURVE WESTWARD
    DUE TO THE HIGH PRESSURES ARRIVING IN THE SOUTHERN PART OF
    THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.