Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 06:09:54 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 191200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 19/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GUILLAUME )
    930 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.1S/59.0E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 21.3 SOUTH/58.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 22.5 SOUTH/58.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THIS SYSTEM REMAINS INTENSE, BUT VERY
    SMALL, WITH A VERY SHORT EXTENTION OF STRONG WINDS AND
    SQUALLY WEATHER. IT KEEPS ON TRACKING SOUTSOUTHWESTWARD, AND
    SHOULD GO MORE SOUTHWARD AFTER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.