Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 07:19:26 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 031200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 03/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.2S/65.9E
    (NINE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE NORTHERN AND
    SOUTHERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 9.6 SOUTH/65.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 10.0 SOUTH/65.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS SITUATED INTO AN
    ENVIRONMENT FAVORABLE FOR FURTHER INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.