Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 01:28:39 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 080600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 025/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 08/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.3S/55.4E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 140 MN
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 08/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 11.4 SOUTH/53.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 11.7 SOUTH/51.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS ACCELERATED WESTWARD.
    STRONGER WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT DUE
    TO PRESSURE GRADIENT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.