Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:21:17 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 261800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 26/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (IKALA )
    968 HPA
POSITION             : 15.0S/74.5E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CERCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICAN 65 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NMFROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/74.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 17.1 SOUTH/74.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  IKALA KEEPS ON TRACKING SOUTHWARD, IN
    DIRECTION OF AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURES. POTENTIAL FOR
    INTENSIFICATION REMAINS GOOD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.