Subject: Indian-N: **** Corrective ****

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:21:14 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 291800 CCA
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 029/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 29/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12  (EX-IKALA )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : 21.5S/81.0E (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL SQUALLS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE BETWEEN 100 NM AND 650 NM FROM THE CENTRE AND IN
    THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT BETWEEN 400 NM AND 650 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT REACHING LOCALLY 40/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH
    SEAS EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS EXTENDING UP TO 500 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 22.7 SOUTH/79.1 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 76.7 SOUTH/24.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS BECOME EXTRATROPICAL OVER
    THE LAST HOURS. STRONG WINDS EXIST FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES. (WINDS EXTENSION AND EXTRATROPICAL
    FEATURE CONFIRMED ON QUIKSCAT 1232Z)=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.