Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 18:24:59 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 090000
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 037/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 09/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.9S/84.7E
(TWENTY DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL
SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 110 NM RADIUS OF THE
CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 130 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 22.1 SOUTH/85.0 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 23.2 SOUTH/85.0 EAST
WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOWS ITS FIRTS SIGNS OF
WEAKENING, WITH A DISAPPEARING EYE AND A WEAKENING OF DEAP
CONVECTION. IT SHOULD CURVE MORE SOUTHWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.