Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 01:11:09 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 070600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/09/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 07/09/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 01   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 4.2S/56.3E
    (FOUR DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/09/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 4.1 SOUTH/54.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/09/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 3.9 SOUTH/52.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS FLUCTUATING, AND THE SYSTEM
    IS UNDER INFLUENCE OF A MODERATE NORTHEASTERLY VERTICAL WIND
    SHEAR.
STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.