Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:10:06 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 081800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 08/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 13  (JERY EX-DIANNE)

    970 HPA
POSITION             : 15.7S/90.0E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
    SOUTH AND NINETY DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM  IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN AND
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/87.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 18.4 SOUTH/86.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE HAS JUST REACHED THE MERIDIAN
    90 EST. SO, THE SEVERE TROPICAL STORM DIANNE IS NOW NAMED
    JERY.
WINDS ARE STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLES DUE
    TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES AND THE QUICK
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOVEMENT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.