Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:20:16 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 240600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 24/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.6S/76.0E
    (TEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 250 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    30 KT, AND  MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 24/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 11.8 SOUTH/74.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 12.9 SOUTH/73.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS PROGRESSIVELY ORGANIZING,
    BUT THE LOW LEVEL CENTRE REMAINS DIFFICULT TO PRECISELY
    LOCATE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.