Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 00:16:36 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 090600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 038/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 09/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : 21.4S/84.7E (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 45 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN
100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 22.3 SOUTH/84.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 23.2 SOUTH/84.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  FRANCESCA GOES ON WEAKENING, DUE TO THE
    MODERATE NORTHWESTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. EXTENSION OF
    STRONGER WINDS IS CONFIRMED BY QUIKSCAT DATAS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.