Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:41:47 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 281800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 025/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 28/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (IKALA )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.1S/80.5E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER LOCALLY EXISTS UP TO 300
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, AND UP TO 400 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT AND UP TO 450 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER  SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 21.1 SOUTH/81.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 22.5 SOUTH/81.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTENDS FAR FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHWESTERN PART DUE TO THE INCREASING GRADIENT WITH
    HIGH PRESSURES. IKALA SHOULD RAPIDLY BECOME EXTRATROPICAL.
    NEVERTHELESS, NEAR GALE FORCE WIND WILL MAINTAIN A LONG TIME
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.