Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 00:25:39 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 270600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 27/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (CRYSTAL )
    956 HPA
POSITION             : 20.7S/59.5E (TWENTY DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE EASTERN
    AND SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLES.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO
    VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE
    WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80 MN RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
 STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 22.2 SOUTH/60.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 24.0 SOUTH/61.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CRYSTAL HAS STARTED TO CURVE
    SOUTHEASTWARD AND SHOULD CONSERVE THIS DIRECTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.