Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 07:15:10 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 051200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/09/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 05/09/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1005 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 3.1S/63.5E
    (THREE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR
    THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT. STRONG
    GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 06/09/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 3.1 SOUTH/61.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/09/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 2.9 SOUTH/60.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY HAS SIGNIFICANTLY
    INTENSIFIED. WITH A GOOD UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENCE AND A WEAK
    VERTICAL WIND SHEAR, CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR FURTHER
    INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.