Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:52:25 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 250000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 25/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 07  (EDDY )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.6S/88.7E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/88.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 15.5 SOUTH/87.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE,
    ANALYSED MORE EAST COMPARED TO THE LAST WARNING. CONVECTIVE
    ACTIVITY HAS INTENSIFIED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.