Subject: Indian-N: Ocean

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:08:12 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 251200
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 250600Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 20S (IKALA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 11.8S0 72.8E7, APPROXIMATELY 260 NM SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND
HAS TRACKED WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 250900) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.