Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 07:05:43 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 081200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/04/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 08/04/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 13 (DIANNE)
       974 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.4S/90.8E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM  IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/04/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 16.3 SOUTH/88.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/04/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 17.3 SOUTH/86.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE SHOULD CROSS THE MERIDIAN 90
    EST IN THE NEXT 6 HOURS.
WINDS ARE STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE
    GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES AND THE QUICK
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOVEMENT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.