Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 01:22:49 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 050600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 05/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    987 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.0S/64.3E
    (TEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS UP TO 30 MN
    OF THE CENTRE.NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH SEAS
    WITHIN 45NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120NM IN
    THE NORTHERN AND WESTERN SECTORS AND UP TO 200NM IN SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 10.1 SOUTH/63.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 10.3 SOUTH/61.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  KESINY SHOULD SLOWLY INTENSIFY AND
    MAINTAIN A GLOBALLY WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.