Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 11:37:15 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 291800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/291800Z/301800ZDEC2002//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/290151ZDEC2002//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/291952ZDEC2002//
NARR/REF A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
  A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
  B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 290000Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (CRYSTAL), LOCATED
NEAR 26.4S2 62.6E4 OVER THE SOUTH-CENTRAL INDIAN OCEAN, WAS TRACKING
SOUTHEAST AT 07 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 290300) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) AT 281800Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 07S, LOCATED NEAR 10.1S2
93.7E9 APPROXIMATELY 225 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF COCOS ISLANDS, WAS
TRACKING SOUTHEAST AT 04 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE
REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 282100) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/LAM/NUTONGLA/SCHAEFER/SPANSKI//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.