Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 00:10:06 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 260600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 26/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 07  (EDDY )
    966 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.2S/89.7E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 15 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM OF THE CENTRE
GALE WINDS 35/40 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM OF
    THE CENTRE
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 MN IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/89.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 21.4 SOUTH/88.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS DEVELOPPING WITH THE
    FORMATION OF AN EYE.
IT IS TRACKING GLOBALLY SOUTHWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.