Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:12:23 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 171800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/171800Z/181800Z JUN 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 20.0N2
67.5E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 21.0N3 67.5E8, APPROXIMATELY 230 NM SOUTH
OF KARACHI, PAKISTAN, IN THE NORTH ARABIAN SEA. ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED
SIGNIFICANTLY OVER THE LAST 24 HOURS. HOWEVER, FIELD ANALYSIS
SUGGESTS A MID-LEVEL VORTEX IS STILL LOCATED OVER THE AREA. SURFACE
ANALYSIS REVEALS STRONG SOUTHWESTERLY FLOW, BUT NO LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION. 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE AREA IS UNDER GOOD
DIFFLUENCE AND IN A REGION OF MODERATE EASTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 12 TO 18 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/HARRISON/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.