Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 00:20:34 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 300600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 031/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 30/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12  (EX-IKALA )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : 23.7S/79.7E (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL SQUALLS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE BETWEEN 50 NM AND 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT REACHING LOCALLY 40/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH
    SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 25.2 SOUTH/78.2 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 27.7 SOUTH/77.6 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXIST FAR AWAY FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH
    THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.