Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:38:34 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z JAN 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.7S5
73.5E5 HAS TRACKED RAPIDLY TO THE SOUTH-SOUTHEAST AND IS NOW LOCATED
NEAR 19.0S0 76.4E7 OVER THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS WEAK CYCLING CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) AS REVEALED BY A 110050Z7 QUIKSCAT PASS.
UPPER AIR ANALYSIS INDICATES THE LLCC IS IN A STRONG WIND SHEAR
ENVIRONMENT WITH GOOD OUTFLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
TO BE AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO
BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/MAZANY/JACOBS/SHERRY/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.