Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 05:26:39 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 101000
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/REISSUED/101000Z/101800Z JUN 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.3S0
77.9E3, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.0S9 78.0E5, APPROXIMATELY 340 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS TWO AREAS OF DEEP CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH A ELONGATED LOW LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION. A
100010Z2 QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALED A POSSIBLE SECOND CIRCULATION 240 NM
(APPROX)TO THE EAST. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES DIFFLUENCE ALOFT
ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING WESTWARD OVER
THE REGION ALONG 13.0S4. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE
20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1003 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED PARA 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/AYALA/HARRISON/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.