Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 00:19:12 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 180600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 18/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GUILLAUME )
    950 HPA
POSITION             : 16.8S/59.3E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 650 NM IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/59.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 19.2 SOUTH/59.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  AN EYE APPEARS AGAIN END OF THE NIGHT,
    SIGN OF INTENSIFICATION. TRACK IS NOW SOUTHEASTWARDS AND IS
    EXPECTED TO BECOME MORE SOUTHWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.