Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 06:07:45 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 251200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 25/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 12  (IKALA )
           992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.4S/72.4E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 11.8 SOUTH/72.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 12.8 SOUTH/71.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS INTENSIFYING PROGRESSIVELY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.