Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:55:38 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 200600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 20/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GUILLAUME )
    930 HPA
POSITION             : 21.0S/58.9E (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 MN IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 21.6 SOUTH/58.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 22.5 SOUTH/58.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  MAIN FEATURE OF THE SYSTEM REMAINS ITS
    COMPACITY  WITH NARROW EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS AND
    ASSOCIATED CONVECTION.
GUILLAUME HAS CLEARLY SLOWN DOWN OVER THE LAST HOURS BUT KEEPS ON
    TRACKING SOUTHWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.