Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:09:14 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 180000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 18/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06(DINA)988 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.7S/70.6E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  16 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 180 MN
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 50 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 14.2 SOUTH/69.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 15.4 SOUTH/67.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS IS MORE
    IMPORTANT IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT DUE TO THE SPEED OF
    THE SYSTEM AND THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.