Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:18:29 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 171800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 17/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06 (DINA)990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.7S/71.7E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  19 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 180 MN
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE REACHING LOCALLY 45 KT IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.2 SOUTH/69.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/68.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  DINA IS STILL INTENSIFYING.
THE SPEED OF THE SYSTEM AND THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL
    HIGH MAKE THE EXTENSION OF THE STRONGER WINDS LARGER IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.