Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 06:14:40 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 281200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 28/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 07  (EX-EDDY )
    999 HPA
POSITION             : 22.8S/83.3E (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY THREE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS VERY LOCALLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    BUT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND LOCALLY GALE
    FORCE WINDS FROM 40 NM TO 180 NM MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, WEAKENING RAPIDLY.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 23.7 SOUTH/80.9 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 25.7 SOUTH/79.4 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE WINDS WITHIN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE
    ARE DUE MAINLY TO THE HIGH PRESSURE UIN THE SOUTH AND SHOULD
    DECREASE RAPIDLY AS THE THROUGH IS COMING. LAST WARNING ON
    THE SYSTEM UNLESS REINTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.