Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 06:18:12 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 171200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 17/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 06  (DINA )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : 10.8S/73.5E (TEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  22 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 MN
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, PROBABLY SUP. TO 35 KT IN THE SE SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, ESTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.1 SOUTH/71.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/67.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM MOVES TOWARDS AN AREA OF
    DECREASING WINDSHEAR, AND INTENSIFIES QUICKLY. ITS SPEED AND
    THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH MAKE THE EXTENSION OF
    THE STRONGER WINDS LARGER.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.