Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:50:28 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 301800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 033/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 30/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12  (EX-IKALA )
    999 HPA
POSITION             : 25.3S/77.1E (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL SQUALLS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 27.7 SOUTH/76.3 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 30.5 SOUTH/77.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS PERSIST FAR AWAY FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH
    THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.