Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 07:22:58 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 051200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 05/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY)
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.1S/63.3E
    (TEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS UP TO 35 MN
    OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN AND WESTERN SECTORS, AND UP TO 200 NM UN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 10.4 SOUTH/61.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 10.3 SOUTH/60.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  KESINY SHOULD SLOWLY INTENSIFY AND
    MAINTAIN A GLOBALLY WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.