Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 06:15:44 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 181200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 18/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GUILLAUME )
    925 HPA
POSITION             : 17.5S/59.4E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE NORTH-EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 320 NM IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 19.1 SOUTH/59.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 20.6 SOUTH/59.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFYED DURING THE LAST
    HOURS. TRACK IS EXPECTED TO BECOME MORE SOUTHWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.