Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:14:01 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 221800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 22/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 12   1003 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 8.5S/80.1E
    (EIGHT DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN A 120 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/20 KT AROUND A CENTRE REACHING 25/30 KT MAINLY
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 23/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 9.1 SOUTH/77.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 10.0 SOUTH/75.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS WESTSOUTHWESTWARD ON
    THE NORTHERN EDGE OF SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.
AT THIS STAGE, IT DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR WARNINGS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.