Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:24:26 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 230600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 23/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 12   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 8.4S/78.7E
    (EIGHT DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 180 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SECTOR AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 23/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 8.6 SOUTH/77.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 8.8 SOUTH/75.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS ORGANIZING PROGRESSIVELY
    BUT THE CENTRE REMAINS ON THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTIVE
    MASS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.