Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:08:39 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 270000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 27/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 07  (EDDY )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.8S/89.2E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 35
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 MN IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 22.2 SOUTH/88.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 23.3 SOUTH/86.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EDDY IS SLOWLY WEAKENING. CONVECTION
    BECOMES BADLY ORGANIZED. THE CENTRE IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE ON
    THE IR IMAGERY.
THE EXTENSION OF THE STRONG WINDS IS HIGH IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR,
    DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.