Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:19:49 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 241800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 24/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.7S/73.5E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 300 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 500 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 25/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.0 SOUTH/72.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 14.0 SOUTH/70.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS LIGHTLY INTENSIFYING. IT
    SHOULD KEEPS ON TRACKING GLOBALLY SOUTHWESTWARD DURING THE
    NEXT 48 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.