Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:07:37 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 261800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 26/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 07  (EDDY )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.1S/89.5E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR
    THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 MN
    IN THE EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 21.7 SOUTH/88.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 22.8 SOUTH/87.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EDDY IS SLOWLY WEAKENING. THE EXTENSION
    OF THE STRONG WINDS IS HIGH IN THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN
    SECTORS, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH IN THE
    SOUTH AND TO EDDY'S TRACK.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.