Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 23:59:42 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 260600
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 26/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 7.7S/88.5E
    (SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FROM 50 TO 200 NM
    WITHIN THE WESTERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM INTHE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 8.6 SOUTH/88.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 9.0 SOUTH/89.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  RELOCATED CENTRE EASTHWARD.
THE SYSTEM GENERALLY TRACKS SOUTHWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.