Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:42:41 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800Z JAN 02//
REF/A//RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/210751Z JAN 02//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 210600Z9 TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S (DINA) WAS LOCATED NEAR 18.9S8
60.5E1 AND MOVING WEST AT 10 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 210900)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.7S4
88.0E6 IS NOW NEAR 9.0S9 90.0E9 APPROXIMATELY 500 NM WEST-NORTHWEST
OF THE COCOS ISLANDS IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. RECENT MICROWAVE
PASSES AND AN EARLIER QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATED A WEAK ELONGATED
LOW-LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES THE
DISTURBANCE IS EQUATORWARD OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE WITHIN A REGION
OF MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS
POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: HOLWEG/WAUGAMAN/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.