Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 06:24:46 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 121200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 051/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 12/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08
                       (EX-FRANCESCA) 998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 29.8S/87.4E
    (TWENTY NINE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR, EXTENDING BETWEEN 80 NM AND 350 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
    RESIDUAL NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT UP TO 120 NM.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 30.8 SOUTH/88.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: DISSIPATING
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  LAST BULLETIN OVER THIS EXTRATROPICAL
    SYSTEM WHICH HAS LOST ITS ORGANIZATION.
HOWEVER STRONG WINDS PERSIST IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND
    TEMPORARILY IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.