Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:08:20 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 051800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/09/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 05/09/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 01   1005 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 2.9S/62.0E
    (TWO DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR
    THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 06/09/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 2.9 SOUTH/60.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/09/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 2.8 SOUTH/58.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED OVER THE LAST 6
    HOURS. STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR OF THE
    SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.