Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:26:59 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 190000
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/11/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 19/11/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 03  (BOURA )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.5S/64.0E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 13.5 SOUTH/61.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/11/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.4 SOUTH/59.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSITY OF BOURA IS STATIONNARY. THE
    SEVERE TROPICAL STORM IS STILL TRACKING WESTWARD, DRIFTING
    ALONG THE EQUATORIAL SIDE OF A HIGH LOCATED IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.