Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:10:24 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 051200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 05/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 02   1005 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 7.7S/59.5E
    (SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : FREQUENTS SQUALLS EXIST WHITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT NEAR THE CENTRE AND MODERATE TO
    ROUGH SEAS, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 06/11/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 7.9 SOUTH/58.1 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 06/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 8.1 SOUTH/56.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS CLEARLY SLOWED DOWN ITS
    WESTERLY TRACK. CONVECTION REMAINS NOT WELL ORGANIZED AND
    MODERATE.
THE PRESENT INTENSITY OF THE SYSTEM DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF
    REGULAR WARNINGS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.