Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:58:32 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 091000
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/091000Z/091800ZNOV2002//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR  HI/090751Z NOV 02//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 090600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02S (ATANG) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 10.1S2 52.3E0, APPROXIMATELY 210 NM NORTHEAST OF MADAGASCAR,
TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 090900) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02S (ATANG)
PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.8S6 52.6E3 HAS REGENERATED AND IS NOW THE
SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 2.A.(1) FOR DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WINGEART/LAM/STATEN/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.