Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 13:08:26 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 061800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 06/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
           974 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.5S/60.2E
    (TEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 10.5 SOUTH/59.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 10.6 SOUTH/57.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.