Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:29:31 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 171800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 17/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GUILLAUME )
           950 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.5S/58.1E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SECTOR AND LOCALLY UP TO 450 NM IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/59.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/58.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSITY IS STATIONARY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.