Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 18:07:17 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 290000
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 026/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 29/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : 26.8S/62.7E (TWENTY SIX DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT
    0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FAR FROM THE
    CENTRE, FROM 60 TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN
    THE EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 29.0 SOUTH/65.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 30/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 31.0 SOUTH/68.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CRYSTAL, STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED
    AND TRACKING OVER COOLER SST, IS BECOMING AN EXTRATROPICAL
    SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.