Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 00:27:01 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 230600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 23/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04   996 HPA
POSITION             : 10.2S/66.9E (TEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH
    AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 23/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 11.2 SOUTH/65.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 12.3 SOUTH/64.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION, STILL MODERATE TO STRONG, IS
    NOW BETTER ORGANIZED.
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04 SHOULD MAINTAIN A SOUTHWESTWARD MOTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.