Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:22:55 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 181800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 18/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 06  (DINA )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : 15.6S/67.7E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 MN
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN
    35 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN  60 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/66.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/64.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS REMAINS
    LOCATED IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT DESPITE OF A SLOWER
    SPEED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.