Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 18:13:49 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 020000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 02/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CYPRIEN )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : 21.3S/42.9E (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY TWO DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT
    0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT WITH HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 30 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SECTOR. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO
    60 NM IN
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN A
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 21.7 SOUTH/44.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 03/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 21.3 SOUTH/45.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CONVECTION HAS SIGNIFICANTLY
    WEAKENED. HOWEVER AN ERS OVERPASS (1949 TU) IN THE VICINITY
    OF THE SYSTEM ALLOWS TO DETECT LOCALLY 55 TO 60 KT WINDS
    FORCE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT. CYPRIEN SHOULD REACH THE
    WESTERN MALAGASY COAST OVER THE NEXT HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.