Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:59:41 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 241800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/241800Z/251800ZDEC2002//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/240751ZDEC2002//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/241351ZDEC2002//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 240600Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05B WAS LOCATED NEAR 5.7N2
83.1E2, APPROXIMATELY 100 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF SRI LANKA, TRACKING
EAST-NORTHEASTWARD AT 07 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTIO PGTW 240900) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.3N7
81.1E0 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
1.A.(1) FOR DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 241200Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 05S (CRYSTAL) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 13.5S9 63.2E1, APPROXIMATELY 640 NM NORTHEAST OF LA REUNION IN
THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN, TRACKING SOUTHWESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS DURING
THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO
70 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 241500) FOR MORE DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: WINGEART/RONSSE/ANDERSON/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.