Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 07:39:29 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 021330
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/021330Z/021800ZNOV2002//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 7.9N6 60.5E1,
APPROXIMATELY 970 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF MOGADISHU, SOMALIA, HAS
PERSISTED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE
IMAGERY REVEALS A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
DISORGANIZED CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION PRIMARILY TO THE WEST OF THE
LLCC. 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND
MODERATE DIFFLUENCE OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 12 TO 18 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED AT 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED POOR AREA TO PARA 1.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: BRYANT/JACOBS/SHERRY/JUAREZ//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.