Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 00:23:57 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 290600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 29/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : 27.1S/63.1E (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FROM 60 TO 200 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE EASTERN
    AND SOUTHERN SECTORS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLES.

FORECASTED POSITION 29/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 28.0 SOUTH/64.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 29.2 SOUTH/65.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CRYSTAL IS STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY
    SHEARED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.