Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 00:20:33 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 300600
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 031/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 30/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (EX-CRYSTAL
    )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : 29.3S/69.5E (TWENTY NINE DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 40 NM AND
    230 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND HIGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 80 NM IN IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 30.4 SOUTH/72.3 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 31/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 31.5 SOUTH/75.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EX-CRYSTAL IS NOW EXTRATROPICAL. RESIDUAL
    CONVECTION IS FAR AWAY IN THE SOUTHEAST OF THE VORTEX. THE
    STRONGEST WINDS MAINLY LOCATED IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE ARE
DUE TO
    THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE EASTH OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.