Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:17:06 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 051800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 05/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08 (FRANCESCA) 952 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.9S/79.6E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 180 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 100
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 17.7 SOUTH/80.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/81.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL WEAKENING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.