Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:01:07 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 070000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 029/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 07/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
    968 HPA
POSITION             : 17.8S/81.2E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT
    0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN SECTORS.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/81.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 19.4 SOUTH/82.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE INTENSITY IS STATIONNARY. THE TRACK
    HAS CURVED EASTSOUTHEASTWARD. THE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR,
    NORTHWARD, BECOMES STRONGER.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.