Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:10:33 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 081800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 08/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  (HARY )
    915 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.3S/52.8E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/110 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN
80 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    130NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 11.6 SOUTH/51.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 12.6 SOUTH/49.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  HARY HASN'T YET TURNED SOUTHWESTWARD. IT
    STILL KEEPS ON INTENSIFYING AND GOING WESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.