Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 18:14:19 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 250000
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 25/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (CRYSTAL )
    970 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.6S/61.8E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND PHENOMENAL TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR
    THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 40 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE 35/45 KT AND
    HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, UP TO 80 MN IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 140 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/60.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/60.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS ORGANIZED IN CDO PATTERN
    AND THE TRACKING OF CRYSTAL REMAINS SOUTHWESTWARD. THE
    CONDITIONS REMAIN GOOD FOR INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.