Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 00:56:26 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 290600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 29/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 12  (IKALA )
           995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.7S/82.0E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL SEVEN DEGRESYZQAKIKGBNUAPNIKXOXLTWO DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 300 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, AND VERY LOCALLY UP
    TO 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    REACHING LOCALLY 40/45 KT AND EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 21.3 SOUTH/82.4 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 21.5 SOUTH/82.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THESHYTZMLVIPWQNNFCXLSHEARED. BUT STRONG
    WINDS MAINTAIN FAR FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.