Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 03:06:15 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 040600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 04/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.7S/66.1E
    (NINE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARYR
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM IN THE WESTERN AND
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHERN
    AND WESTERN SECTORS AND UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.

STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 9.8 SOUTH/65.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 10.3 SOUTH/65.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS NOW UNDER THE EASTERN EDGE
    OF THE CONVECTION. SLIGHT INTENSIFICATION AT THE END OF THE
    NIGTH ALLOWING NAMING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.