Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 12:19:25 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 271800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 27/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (CRYSTAL )
    958 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.4S/60.3E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, .
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO
    VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE
    WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
 STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 24.0 SOUTH/61.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 25.4 SOUTH/61.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CRYSTAL ACCELERATES ON A
    SOUTH-SOUTHEASTERN TRACK. IT IS FORCASTED TO WEAKEN AS
    CRYSTAL UNDERGOES AN INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.