Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:07:21 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 140000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 036/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 14/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11  (EX-HARY )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 30.3S/58.4E
    (THIRTY DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS LOCALLY UP TO 550
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 30 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS UP TO
70 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    180 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 30.7 SOUTH/59.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 15/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 31.0 SOUTH/59.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EX-HARY IS BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.
EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS REMAINS HIGH, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH
    THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.
THE SYSTEM HAS STRONGLY SOLWN DOWN OVER THE LAST HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.