Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:17:56 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 071800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 032/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 07/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
    958 HPA
POSITION             : 18.7S/83.1E (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY THREE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDINS LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    180 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 280 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 19.6 SOUTH/83.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 20.5 SOUTH/84.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSITY IS STATIONARY AND THE EXTENSION
    OF STRONG WINDS IS CONFIRMED BY THE QUIKSCAT SWATH AT 1206
    UTC.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.