Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:22:57 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 021800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 02/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (FRANCESCA )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : 13.8S/80.7E (THIRTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 240 MN IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
 WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN AND
    NORTHERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.7 SOUTH/79.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 13.6 SOUTH/78.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS NOW UNDER THE CDO WITH A
    TEMPORARY WARM SPOT AT 1530UTC.  SYSTEM TRACKS GLOBALLY
    WESTWARD ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.