Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:34:24 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 190600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 19/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 03  (BOURA )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.3S/63.0E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 13.3 SOUTH/61.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.3 SOUTH/59.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  SLIGHTY WEAKENING. THE SEVERE TROPICAL
    STORM BOURA IS STILL TRACKING WESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.