Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 06:14:36 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 181200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 18/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 06  (DINA )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : 14.6S/68.6E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 MN
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN AND NORTHWESTERN QUADRANTS.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS AND VERY HIGH TO ENORMOUS SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADUIS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN
    35 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN  60 NM RADUIS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 16.1 SOUTH/66.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 16.6 SOUTH/66.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  AN EYE WAS VISIBLE ON VISIBLE SATELLITE
    IMAGERY AS A CONFIRMATION OF THE RAPIDE INTENSIFICATION.
THE EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS REMAINS MORE IMPORTANT IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.