Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 06:12:27 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 051200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 05/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
    945 HPA
POSITION             : 16.4S/79.2E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 100
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 160 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 17.1 SOUTH/80.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/81.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE INTENSITY OF FRANCESCA GOES ON
    WEAKENING, DUE TO A WEAK, BECOMING MODERATE, WESTERLY
    VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. ITS TRACK SHOULD MAINTAIN SOUTHEASTWARD,
    SKIRTING AROUND AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE, LOCATED IN THE NORTH
    EAST OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.