Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 06:31:45 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 181200
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 18/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 03  (BOURA )
    968 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.4S/66.0E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND  HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, UP TO 100NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/11/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.7 SOUTH/65.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 13.9 SOUTH/63.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE TRACK OF TROPICAL CYCLONE BOURA
    BECOMES WESTWARD UNDERGOING OF A HIGH PRESSURE LOCALISED IN
    THE SOUTH OF BOURA. UPPER LEVEL CONDITONS REMAIN FAVORABLE OF
    A LITTLE INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.