Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:16:10 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 260600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 26/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (IKALA )
    978 HPA
POSITION             : 13.4S/73.7E (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 14.6 SOUTH/73.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/74.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  IKALA KEEPS ON TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD, IN
    DIRECTION OF AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURES, MOVING IN THE SOUTH OF
    THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.