Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:59:13 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 270700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/261800Z/271800Z AUG 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 20.4N6 64.7E7,
APPROXIMATELY 300 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF KARACHI, PAKISTAN. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION ASSOCIATED
WITH A MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION IN THE NORTH ARABIAN SEA. RECENT
QUIKSCAT PASSES INDICATED NO LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION AT PRESENT, BUT
STRONG SPEED CONVERGENCE. A 262141Z6 TRMM PASS SUGGESTS A WEAK MID-
LEVEL CIRCULATION. UPPER AIR ANALYSIS REVEALS GOOD EQUATORWARD AND
POLEWARD DIVERGENCE WITH A MODERATE VERTICAL SHEAR PROFILE. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
1005 MB.  THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED PARA 1.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/MORRIS/DUKES/BOSTIC//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.