Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 12:16:56 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 011800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 01/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CYPRIEN )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : 21.2S/42.5E (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 MN IN THE SOUTH,
    AND THE NORTH OF THE CANAL.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT WITH HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 30 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SECTOR. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO
    60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN A
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 21.6 SOUTH/43.7 EAST
 ON LAND
FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 21.7 SOUTH/45.4 EAST
 ON LAND
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM BEGINS TO SHOW WEAKENING SIGNS
    WITH A WEAKENED CONVECTION. THE CENTRE SHOULD REACH THE
    WESTERN MALAGASY COAST AT THE END OF THE NIGHT, AND KEEP A
    REGULAR SOUTHEASTERN TRACK.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.