Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 01:07:25 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 100600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 10/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 13  (JERY EX-DIANNE)
    965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.3S/87.8E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    NEAR THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY
    HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS
    35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE
CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 20.4 SOUTH/87.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 22.0 SOUTH/87.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE SOUTH DUE
    TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.