Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:13:51 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 211800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 21/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 03  (BOURA )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.1S/54.3E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS FROM 50 NM UP TO
    250 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.1 SOUTH/52.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 12.5 SOUTH/51.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.