Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:23:02 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 111800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 048/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 11/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08
    (EX-FRANCESCA )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.5S/86.2E
    (TWENTY SIX DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER FAR FROM THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING BETWEEN 200 NM AND 450 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, REACHING VERY LOCALLY 50 KT IN THE
    SOUTH, EXTENDING UP TO 150 MN IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 28.3 SOUTH/86.3 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 30.2 SOUTH/85.6 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS NOW EXTRATROPICAL
    FEATURES, WITH CONVECTION FAR AWAY OF THE CENTRE AND AN
    IMPORTANT EXTENSION OF THE STRONG WINDS, MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL
    HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.