Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:52:45 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 241800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 24/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 07  (EDDY )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.2S/88.4E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 14.1 SOUTH/88.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/87.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE,
    SITUATED IN THE NORTHEASTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.