Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 12:11:40 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 061800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 06/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 02  (ATANG )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.4S/59.0E
    (NINE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN AND
    NORTHERN SECTORS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 10.1 SOUTH/58.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 10.2 SOUTH/57.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  ATANG HAS STOPPED ITS SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD
    TRACK. THE SYSTEM IS NOT WELL ORGANIZED. IT IS DIFFICULT TO
    LOCATE THE CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.