Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:13:42 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 250000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 25/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.5S/72.8E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 250 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN A
    25 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, REACHING VERY LOCALLY GALE
    FORCE WINDS 35 KT.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 25/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 12.7 SOUTH/71.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.9 SOUTH/70.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION PERSISTS HAS A CDO PATTERN
    ABOVE A CENTRE DIFFICULTLY LOCATED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.