Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 06:17:41 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 071200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 07/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  (HARY )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.2S/57.2E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 80 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 11.7 SOUTH/55.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 12.8 SOUTH/53.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM GOES ON INTENSIFYING WITH THE
    FORMATION OF A BANDING EYE. DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS, HARY
    SHOULD CURVE MORE SOUTHWESTWARD IN A WEAKNESS OF THE HIGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.