Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 00:24:04 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 080600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 08/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  (HARY )
    935 HPA
POSITION             : 11.2S/54.2E (ELEVEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/95 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 15 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE
CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 11.8 SOUTH/52.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 12.9 SOUTH/51.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  HARY HAS CONFIRMED ITS INTENSIFICATION
    OVER THE LAST HOURS. THE SIZE OF THE SYSTEM REMAINS SMALL BUT
    HAS DEVELOPED ACTIVES OUTER BANDS.  STRONGEST WINDS REMAIN
    LOCATED NEAR THE CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.