Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:18:24 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 251800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 25/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 07  (EDDY )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : 16.0S/88.9E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 3000NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADUIS FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 MN IN
    THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/88.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 17.7 SOUTH/88.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS DEVELOPPING WITH THE
    FORMATION OF AN EYE.
IT IS TRACKING GLOBALLY SOUTHWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.