Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 12:18:08 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 181800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/181800Z/191800Z MAY 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR/181551Z MAY 02/
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.5N4
90.5E4 HAS MOVED ONSHORE NEAR 18.9N8 94.1E4 AND IS NOW THE SUBJECT
OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION (SEE REF A).
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3.0S3
90.0E9 HAS WEAKENED CONSIDERABLY AND IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 4.5S9
89.5E2 BASED ON A 181236Z1 SSM/I PASS. ANIMATION DEPICTS THAT THE
ASSOCIATED CONVECTION HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. SSM/I
IMAGERY REVEALS ONLY A WEAK SWIRL OF LOW CLOUDS. THEREFORE, THE AREA
IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WAUGAMAN/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.