Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 00:20:23 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 150600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 15/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 10   1003 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.0S/50.9E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHNORTHEAST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 13 AND 18
    SOUTH, FROM 50 TO 56 EAST, EXTENDING UP TO THE NORTH OF
    MOZAMBIC CHANNEL ON COMORES ISLANDS.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT, REACHING 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI?CIRCLE, AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 15/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 15.6 SOUTH/51.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 15.1 SOUTH/51.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS IMPORTANT NEAR THIS WEAK
    LOW, BUT IT IS STILL POORLY ORGANIZED. THIS SYSTEM HAS A GOOD
    POTENTIAL FOR INTENSIFICATION. SINCE YESTERDAY, THE SYSTEM
    HAS TRACKED NORTHNORTHEASTWARD NEAR MALAGASY COASTS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.