Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:10:38 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 101800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/101800/111800Z MAY 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/101352Z MAY 02//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/101354Z MAY 02//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/100751Z MAY 02//
REF/D/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/100753Z MAY 02//
NARR/REFS A, B, C AND D ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 101200Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 01A WAS LOCATED NEAR
17.5N3 53.3E1, OVER SOUTHEASTERN OMAN, TRACKING NORTHWESTWARD AT 10
KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW
101500) FOR THE FINAL WARNING.
      (2) AT 101200Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02B WAS LOCATED NEAR
10.8N9 94.4E7, APPROXIMATELY 280 NM SOUTHWEST OF PHUKET, THAILAND,
TRACKING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTIO32 PGTW 101500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 100600Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S (KESINY) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 13.6S0 47.1E2, APPROXIMATELY 100 NM WEST OF MADAGASCAR,
TRACKING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50
KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTXS31 PGTW 100900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 100600Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 24S (ERROL) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 6.2S8 97.4E0, APPROXIMATELY 360 NM NORTH OF THE
COCOS ISLANDS, DRIFTING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD DURING THE
PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF D (WTXS32 PGTW 090900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/LAM/TON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.