Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:25:43 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 210000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 025/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 21/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GUILLAUME )
           945 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.1S/60.1E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 160 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI?CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 24.5 SOUTH/60.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 25.8 SOUTH/61.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL WEAKENING. THE WARM
    CORE HAS DISAPPEARED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.