Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 06:23:30 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 211200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 026/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 21/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 03  (BOURA )
    988 HPA
POSITION             : 14.6S/55.4E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 150 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, ONLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/11/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.6 SOUTH/53.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 12.3 SOUTH/52.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  TRACKING OVER COOLER SST, THE TROPICAL
    STORM BOURA HAS SIGNIFICANTLY WEAKENED.
STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE GRADIENT
    WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.