Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 18:06:38 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 270000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 27/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05   996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.5S/89.1E
    (NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN
    THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND EXTENDING UP TO 130 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 80 NM INTHE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 11.0 SOUTH/89.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 12.2 SOUTH/90.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CONVECTION REBUILDS NEAR THE CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.