Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:17:11 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 240000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 24/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    987 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.4S/64.9E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALY UP TO 400 NM IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 45
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 13.5 SOUTH/63.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 14.6 SOUTH/62.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS INTENSIFYING, TRACKING
    SOUTHWESTWRAD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.