Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:17:15 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 251800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/251800Z/261800Z APR 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3.5N8
54.0E9 IS NOW RELOCATED, USING VISIBLE ANIMATION, TO A POSITION NEAR
2.7N9 54.6E5 JUST OFF OF THE COAST OF SOMALIA. SATELLITE ANIMATION
DEPICTS CONSIDERABLY IMPROVED ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST 10 HOURS.
A SUB-EQUATORIAL RIDGE PROVIDES UPPER LEVEL DIFFLUENT FLOW OVER THE
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED NEAR 1004 MB. BECAUSE OF THE SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT OVER
THE PAST FEW HOURS, AND THE ABILITY TO DEFINE A LLCC BENEATH THE
CONVECTION, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.