Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:39:12 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 201800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 20/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 03  (BOURA )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.5S/57.6E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 15.6 SOUTH/56.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 15.4 SOUTH/55.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR DUE TO GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.