Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 06:17:22 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 201200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 20/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GUILLAUME )
    930 HPA
POSITION             : 21.7S/59.2E (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI?CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 MN IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 22.8 SOUTH/59.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 24.4 SOUTH/60.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  MAIN FEATURE OF THE SYSTEM REMAINS ITS
    COMPACITY  WITH NARROW EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS AND
    ASSOCIATED CONVECTION.
THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO WEAKEN OVER THE NEXT HOURS, AS IT
    ENTERS IN AN AREA OF MODERATE TO STRONG WINDSHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.