Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:25:14 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 091800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 09/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 13  (JERY EX-DIANNE)
           962 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.3S/87.9E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    AND EASTERN SECTORS.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT
    AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
    GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF THE
CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 19.4 SOUTH/87.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 20.8 SOUTH/87.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE SOUTH DUE
    TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.