Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:47:49 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 201800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/201800Z/211800Z JUN 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE SUSPECT AREA PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.0N9 88.0E6, IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 19.6N6 88.9E5, APPROXIMATELY 180 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST
OF CALCUTTA, INDIA IN THE BAY OF BENGAL. A 201148Z6 QUIKSCAT PASS
REVEALS A BROAD, WEAK CYCLONIC CIRCULATION NORTHEAST OF THE PREVIOUS
LOCATION. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE DEEP CONVECTIO
N
REMAINS DISORGANIZED AND SOUTH OF THE BROAD SURFACE CIRCULATION. THE
200
MB ANALYSIS DEPICTS THE REGION IS SOUTH OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS
IN A
REGION OF UNFAVORABLE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS AR
E
ESTIMATED TO BE 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMAT
ED TO
BE NEAR 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT T
ROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: VILPORS/WAUGAMAN/CUTMAN//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.