Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 11:50:14 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/121800/131800Z MAY 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/120754Z MAY 02//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/111951Z MAY 02//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/120753Z MAY 02//
NARR/REFS A, B, AND C ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02B MADE LANDFALL AT (APPROX)
112300Z7, JUST EAST OF RANGOON, MYANMAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO32
PGTW 120900) FOR THE FINAL WARNING.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S (KESINY) DISSIPATED OVER LAND,
APPROXIMATELY 40 NM EAST OF MAHAJANGA, MADAGASCAR. SEE REF B (WTXS31
PGTW 112100) FOR THE FINAL WARNING.
      (2) AT 120600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 24S (ERROL) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 6.3S9 95.0E4, APPROXIMATELY 365 NM NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS, AND HAS REMAINED STATIONARY DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50
KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTXS32 PGTW 120900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WINGEART/LAM/TON/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.