Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 06:14:48 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 171200
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 17/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 03  (BOURA )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : 12.6S/68.8E (TWELVE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SECTOR, AND UP TO 500 NM IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/11/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.3 SOUTH/67.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 13.8 SOUTH/65.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BOURA KEEPS ON MOVING SOUTHWESTWARD, IN
    DIRECTION AF AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURES BUT IT SHOULD CURVE
    WESTWARD, IN RELATION WITH THE STRENGTHENING OF THE
    SUBTROPICAL RIDGE, IN THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.