Subject: Indian-N: 1. Immediate Delivery Req To Amconsul Calcutta And Amembassy Dhaka

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:31:51 -0500

WTIO21 PGTW 172000
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
2. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
140 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 17.3N1 89.4E1 TO 20.8N0 92.2E3
WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY
ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.
WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 20 TO 25 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 171930Z1 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 18.5N4 90.5E4. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING NORTHEASTWARD
AT 08 KNOTS.
3. REMARKS:
SATELLITE ANIMATION DEPICTS A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN AREAL
COVERAGE AND IMPROVED ORGANIZATION OF THE CONVECTION DURING THE
PAST 12 HOURS. THE CIRCULATION APPEARS TO BE REFLECTED MORE IN
THE MID LEVEL THAN AT THE SURFACE BASED ON THE 171524Z0 37GHZ
TRMM PASS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 995 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
4. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
182000Z1.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.