Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:59:11 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 031800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 03/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.3S/65.6E
    (NINE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM IN THE WESTERN AND
    SOUTHERN SECTORS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM IN THE NORTHERN AND
    WESTERN SECTORS AND UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 9.5 SOUTH/65.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 10.0 SOUTH/64.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STRUGGLING TO ORGANIZE.
    LOCAL GALE FORCE WINDS ARE LIKELY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    QUADRANT WHERE THE MAIN SQUALLY WEATHER IS PRESENT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.