Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:07:48 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 141800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 039/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 14/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11  (EX-HARY )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : 32.1S/60.6E (THIRTY TWO DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING LOCALY UP TO 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING LOCALY UP TO 30 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS EXTENDS UP
    FROM 180 NM TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE
MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    250 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 500 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 33.0 SOUTH/61.6 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 15/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 34.3 SOUTH/61.9 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS REMAINS HIGH,
    DUE TO EXTRATROPICAL TYPE AND THE GRADIENT WITH THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.