Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:24:44 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 011800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 01/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.5S/85.0E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND REACHING LOCALLY GALE
    FORCE 35 KT IN THE NORTHWESTERN SECTOR
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.5 SOUTH/83.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 13.6 SOUTH/82.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM REMAINS EASTERLY SHEARED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.