Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:15:02 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 211800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 028/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 21/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GUILLAUME )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.4S/62.9E
    (TWENTY SIX DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE  SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 27.7 SOUTH/64.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 28.7 SOUTH/66.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE, UNDER
    THE RESIDUAL CONVECTION.
GUILLAUME KEEPS ON SLOWLY WEAKENING, DUE TO THE INCREASING
    NORTHWESTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.