Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 00:16:35 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 210600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 025/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 21/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 03  (BOURA )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : 15.2S/56.2E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 14.0 SOUTH/54.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.0 SOUTH/53.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.