Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 06:06:43 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 221200
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 22/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 04   1004 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 8.2S/68.3E
    (EIGHT DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR
    THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 23/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 8.3 SOUTH/67.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 8.4 SOUTH/66.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS POORLY ORGANIZED. STRONGEST
    WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO GRADIENT
    EFFECT.
AT THIS STAGE, THE SYSTEM DO NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR
    WARNINGS. NEXT WARNING WILL BE ISSUED FOLLOWING SYSTEM
    EVOLUTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.