Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:14:20 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 280000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 28/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 07  (EDDY )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.3S/86.0E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX
    DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS VERY LOCALLY IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS EXIST UP TO
    130 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 270 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

FORECASTED POSITION 28/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 23.1 SOUTH/82.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 25.2 SOUTH/79.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BECAUSE OF THE SHEARING, THERE IS NO DEEP
    CONVECTION (AREA OF STRONG SQUALLS) ANYMORE.
THERE IS NO STRONG WINDS IN THE NORTH. EXTENSION OF THE STRONG
    WINDS REMAINS NEVERTHELESS IMPORTANT IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR,
    DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.