Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:08:19 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 291800
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 029/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 29/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (EX-CRYSTAL
    )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : 28.0S/66.1E (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 60 NM AND
    200 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND HIGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 29.0 SOUTH/68.7 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 30/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 30.2 SOUTH/71.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EX-CRYSTAL IS NOW EXTRATROPICAL. RESIDUAL
    CONVECTION IS FAR AWAY IN THE SOUTHEAST OF THE VORTEX.
    EX-CRYSTAL STARTS TO ACCELERATE, STILL TRACKING
    SOUTHEASTWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.