Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 06:00:50 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 261200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 26/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05   998 HPA
POSITION             : 8.1S/88.7E (EIGHT DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FROM 20 TO 300 NM
    WITHIN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND EXTENDING UP TO 130 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM INTHE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 9.2 SOUTH/89.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 9.9 SOUTH/89.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  AS THE SYSTEME TRACKS SOUTHWARD, THE
    VERTICAL WIND SHEAR IS WEAKENING, AND CONVECTION REBUILDS
    NEAR THE CENTRE, AND SEEMS TO ORGANIZES ITSELF IN BANDING
    FEATURE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.