Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 12:10:29 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 261800
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 26/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 04  (CRYSTAL )
    966 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.1S/59.5E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE EASTERN
    AND SOUTHER SEMI-CERCLES.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
    STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND
    HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
 STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 20.4 SOUTH/58.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 21.7 SOUTH/58.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CRYSTAL DEVELOP NOW A GOOD BANDING EYE
    FEATURE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.