Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 00:32:07 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 040600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 04/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )958 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.9S/77.4E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 MN IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/76.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/75.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  RAGGED EYE. T=CI=5.0-.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.