Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bulletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 00:24:35 -0600

WTIO30 FMEE 280600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 12/4/20022003
1.A SEVERE TROPICAL STORM (CRYSTAL)
2.A POSITION AT 0600 UTC  28/12/2002 : 24.1S/60.4E (TWENTY FOUR
    DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
    EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 3.5/4.0 MOINS /W 1.0/12 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 975 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 60 KT
6.A EXTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 300 KM   SE30: 320 KM
    SW30: 200 KM   NW30: 110 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1008 HPA / 900 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : DEEP
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 25.9S / 60.8E FI=3.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 27.6S / 62.5E FI=
    EXTRATROPICAL
3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 32.0S / 71.0E FI=
    EXTRATROPICAL
4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : SHEAR IS OBVIOUS ON SSMI AT
    0225Z, WITH LOW LEVEL CENTRE LOCATED IN THE NORTH-WEST OF THE
    CONVECTION.CRYSTAL HAS BEGUN ITS EXTRATROPICAL TRANSITION
    (QSCAT AT 0223Z).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.