Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 06:16:24 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 231200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 23/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    994 HPA
POSITION             : 11.2S/66.6E (ELEVEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 12.5 SOUTH/65.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 13.9 SOUTH/63.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION, WEAKENING,IS FLUCTUATING AND
    SHOULD REBUILT FOR THE NEXT NIGHT. TRACKING
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD, CRYSTAL SHOULD ENCOUNTER CONDITIONS MORE
    FAVORABLES (WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.