Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:15:45 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 161800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 16/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GUILLAUME )
    993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.2S/54.4E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTNORTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE EASTERN AND
    NORTHERN SECTORS.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 17/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 14.4 SOUTH/55.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 14.9 SOUTH/56.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL LIGHTLY INTENSIFYING.
    IT NOW TRACKS MORE EASTWARD. AFTER, IT SHOULD CURVE
    SOUTHEASTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.