Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:05:38 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 311200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 31/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 08   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.4S/89.9E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE AND LOCAL SQUALLS IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT AND MODERATE SEAS AROUND THE CENTRE,
    REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.4 SOUTH/90.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 14.2 SOUTH/89.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE WINDS ARE STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH HIGH PRESSURES.
THE SYSTEM REMAINS EASTNORTHEASTERLY SHEARED WITH A FULLY EXPOSED
    LLCC.
AT THIS STAGE THE SYSTEM DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR
    WARNINGS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.