Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 00:23:08 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 010600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 01/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 05 (CYPRIEN)  995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.2S/41.2E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY ONE DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER  EXTENDS UP TO 180 MN IN
    THE SOUTH, AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, ON THE WESTERN PART OF MADAGASCAR.
NEAR GALE FORCES WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN A 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN
    THE SOUTHERN QUADRANT. GALE WINDS 35 KT NEAR THE CENTRE,
    REACHING LOCALLY 40/45 KT WITH VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN
    THE SOUTHERN QUADRANT UP TO 60 NM FROM THE CENTRE. STRONG
    GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 01/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 20.4 SOUTH/42.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 20.9 SOUTH/43.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  LOCATION OF THE CENTRE ESTIMATED ON THE
    NORTHERN EDGE OF CONVECTION. EXTENTION OF WINDS ESTIMATED
    ACCORDING TO QUIKSCAT DATA.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.