Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:29:45 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 041800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 04/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
    925 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.5S/77.9E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 110 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 MN IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 110
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 160 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    160 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/78.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 16.4 SOUTH/78.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THIS SMALL SYSTEM HAS CURVED
    SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD. IT MOVES VERY SLOWLY AND IS INTENSIFYING
    RAPIDLY (WITH A SMALL AND VERY WELL DEFINED EYE) DUE TO A
    GOOD LOW LEVEL INFLOW AND A GOOD UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.