Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 06:08:44 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 281200
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 28/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : 25.2S/61.1E (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT, .
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 26.7 SOUTH/62.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 28.3 SOUTH/64.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CRYSTAL UNDERGOES A STRONG NORTHWESTERLY
    WINDSHEAR, THE LOW LEVEL CENTER CLEARLY APPEARS IN THE NORTH
    WEST OF THE CONVECTION. THE SYSTEM QUICKLY WEAKENS. TRACK HAS
    CURVED SOUTHEASTEWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.