Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 07:18:54 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 041200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 04/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.8S/66.0E
    (NINE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 110 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 200 NM IN THE WESTERN
    AND SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHERN
    AND WESTERN SECTORS AND UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 10.3 SOUTH/65.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 10.5 SOUTH/64.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  KESINY IS EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY SLOWLY,
    AS THE UPPER LEVEL CONDITIONS BECOME MORE FAVORABLE,
    FORCASTED MOTION IS WEST-SOUTHWESTWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.