Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:28:19 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 161800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 16/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 03  (BOURA )
    993 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.1S/71.7E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 250 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 17/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 11.6 SOUTH/70.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 12.2 SOUTH/68.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE ASSOCIATED CONVECTION SHOWS
    INTENSIFICATION SIGNS, BUT TEH INTENSITE REMAINS STATIONARY
    AS THE CENTRE IS STILL OVER THE NORTHEASTERN EDGE OF THE
    CONVECTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.