Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:17:49 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 110000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 045/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 11/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (FRANCESCA )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.0S/85.4E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE
    DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, ONLY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 MN IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 25.7 SOUTH/85.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 27.5 SOUTH/85.1 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  FRANCESCA KEEPS ON TRACKING SOUTHWARD, IN
    DIRECTION OF AN AREA OF INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.