Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 00:15:17 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 030600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 03/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (FRANCESCA )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.3S/79.4E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE
    DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 170 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 MN IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN A 20 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS
 WITHIN 70NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 140NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/78.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 15.1 SOUTH/77.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS INTENSIFYING. IT TRACKS
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL
    HIGH PRESSURES. STRONGER WINDS ARE BLOWING IN THE BANDS OF
    DEEP CONVECTION WHICH ARE WOUNDING ROUND THE EYE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.