Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 12:56:30 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 171800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/171800/181800Z MAY 02//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.9N6
92.1E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.1N0 91.1E1 OVER THE NORTHEAST BAY OF
BENGAL. EARLIER VISIBLE ANIMATION AND THE LATEST IMAGES IN ENHANCED
I/R DEPICT RECENT CONSOLIDATION OF DEEP CONVECTION OVER THE LOW-
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). IMAGERY AND SYNOPTIC DATA ALSO
REVEAL A LLCC OVER THE CENTRAL BAY NEAR 12.0N3 88.0E6 BUT THE
MODERATE UPPER LEVEL NORTHEASTERLIES HAVE PREVENTED SIGNIFICANT
DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS FOR THE AREA OVER THE NORTHEAST
BAY ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 995 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.

(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/WAUGAMAN/CUTMAN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.