Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:26:17 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 251800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 036/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 25/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 06  (EX-DINA )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : 30.7S/55.0E (THIRTY DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             :   8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 150 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    190 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 32.1 SOUTH/57.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 26/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 33.8 SOUTH/58.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS IS PROVED BY AN
    QUICKSCATT SWATH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.