Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:03:28 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 231800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 23/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 12   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.1S/77.2E
    (NINE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 400 NM IN
    THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 24/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 9.6 SOUTH/75.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 10.5 SOUTH/73.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM DOES NOT SHOW ANY SIGN OF
    INTENSIFICATION. IT IS UNDER MODERATE EASTERLY SHEARING. IT
    IS VERY DIFFICULT TO LOCATE THE CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.