Subject: Indian-N: 1. Tropical Cyclone 02b Warning Nr 008

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 04:05:47 -0500

WTIO32 PGTW 120900
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMCONSUL CALCUTTA AND AMEMBASSY DHAKA
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 02B WARNING NR 008
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   120600Z9 --- NEAR 18.3N2 96.6E1
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 015 DEGREES AT 15 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 18.3N2 96.6E1
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   121800Z2 --- 20.8N0 98.2E9
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 015 KT, GUSTS 025 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
120900Z2 POSITION NEAR 18.9N8 97.0E6.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02B MADE LANDFALL AT (APPROX) 112300Z7 JUST
EAST OF RANGOON, MYANMAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
35 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 45 KNOTS. SYNOPTIC DATA INDICATED GUSTS OF 25
KNOTS. TC 02B HAS TRACKED NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 15 KNOTS DURING THE
PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 120530Z1
MULTISPRECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON
SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS. THE FORECAST IS
BASED ON A BLEND OF  NOGAPS, GFDN, AND THE BAROTROPIC ADVECTION
MODELS. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT
TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.