Subject: Indian-N: Africa):

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:31:28 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 201800
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 2.1N3
75.9E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 2.0N2 75.7E9, APPROXIMATELY 380 NM SOUTH-
SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHERN TIP OF INDIA. ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION OVER A WELL-
DEFINED MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION. RECENT MICROWAVE DATA SUGGESTS
TROUGHING IN THE REGION AND A POSSIBLE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION. THE
200MB ANALYSIS DEPICTS FAVORABLE DIFFLUENCE AND WEAK VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: WINGEART/LAM/STATEN/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.