Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:15:33 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 021800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 02/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : OVERLAND CYCLONE 05  (CYPRIEN )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.8S/43.7E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE
    DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE SOUTHERN AND
    EASTERN QUADRANTS, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT, VERY LOCALLY 50 KT IN THE SOUTH, AND
    VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 50 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 130 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 23.3 SOUTH/44.4 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 03/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 23.6 SOUTH/45.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS MADE LANDFALL JUST NORTH
    OF TOLIARA. IT WILL WEAKEN ON LAND, AS IT UNDERGOES AN
    IMPORTANT WESTNORTHWESTERLY SHEARING. NEVERTHELESS, IT STILL
    GENERATES STRONG WINDS (MORE THAN 45 KT MESURED IN TOLIARA),
    EVEN ON LAND, IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.