Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:39:56 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 120600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 050/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 12/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08
                       (EX-FRANCESCA) 995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 29.1S/86.5E
    (TWENTY NINE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR, EXTENDING BETWEEN 100 NM AND 350 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 MN IN THE
    EASTERN SECTOR AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, AND
    REACHING VERY LOCALLY STORM FORCE  50 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SECTOR AND UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 31.0 SOUTH/86.6 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 31.8 SOUTH/86.4 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE EXTENSION OF THE STRONG WINDS IS VERY
    IMPORTANT IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE GRADIENT
    WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.