Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 06:17:42 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 201200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 20/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 03  (BOURA )
    978 HPA
POSITION             : 15.5S/58.2E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/11/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/56.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/11/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/54.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BOURA PRESENTS A CURVED BANDS PATTERN AND
    THE INTENSITY IS STATIONARY. THE TRACK IS EXPECTED TO BECOME
    MORE WESTWARD. STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR
    DUE TO GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.