Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:24:47 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 170600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 17/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GUILLAUME )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : 14.5S/56.4E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICAN FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN A 25NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 50NM OF THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIOUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/58.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 16.3 SOUTH/59.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSIFICATION GOES ON, THE EYE BUILT
    LAST NIGHT, BECOMES WARMER.
IT HAS CURVED EASTSOUTHEASTWARD. IT SHOULD THEN TRACKS MORE
    SOUITHEASTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.