Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:10:46 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 081800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/081800Z/091800Z MAR 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/081353Z MAR 02//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 081200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S (HARY) WAS LOCATED NEAR
11.3S5 53.5E6, APPROXIMATELY 250 NM EAST OF CAPE AMBRE, MADAGASCAR,
AND WAS TRACKING WESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 120 KNOTS GUSTING TO 145
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 081500) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
      (2) NO OTHER CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 6 HOURS
NEAR 8.7S5 131.1E6 IN THE ARAFURA SEA, APPROXIMATELY 230 NM NORTH OF
DARWIN, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES DISORGANIZED
DEEP CONVECTION OVER THE AREA. 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES DIFFLUENCE
ALOFT AND WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE REGION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
       (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BRYANT/JACOBS/SHERRY/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.