Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:39:24 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 220600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 22/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GUILLAUME )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : 25.9S/62.4E (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FAR FROM THE
    CENTRE, BETWEEN 120 NM AND 500 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING VERY LOCALLY UP TO 90
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 26.5 SOUTH/63.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 27.0 SOUTH/64.7 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  COMPLETELY SHEARED SYSTEM WITH CENTRE
    CLEARLY VISIBLE IN THE NORTHWEST FAR FROM THE RESIDUAL
    CONVECTION. GUILLAUME HAS BRUTALLY SLOWN DOWN, TRAPPED BY THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.