Subject: Indian-N: Africa):

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 11:55:58 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 071800
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY.
      (1) AT 0700600Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 01S WAS LOCATED NEAR 4.2S6
56.5E6 APPROXIMATELY 850 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE COAST OF SOMALIA
TRACKING WESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A
(WTXS31 PGTW 070900Z) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3.9S2
58.4E7 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 4.2S6 56.5E6 IN THE SOUTHWEST INDIAN
OCEAN AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) FOR DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/KENDALL/RONSSE/SCHAEFER/EDBERG/COOK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.