Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:04:25 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 120000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/04/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 12/04/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 13  (EX-JERY )
    1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.3S/90.1E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL SQUALLY WEATHER REMAINS FAR FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, BETWEEN 150 NM AND
    500 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/04/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 25.8 SOUTH/91.4 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 13/04/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 28.1 SOUTH/93.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOWS NOW AN EXTRATROPICAL
    PATTERN.
STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE SOUTH DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.