Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:14:29 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 271800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 27/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (IKALA )
    945 HPA
POSITION             : 18.0S/76.7E (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND LOCALLY IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 30 NM FROM THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND
    HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM FROM THE CENTRE. GALE
    FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 140 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 19.5 SOUTH/77.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 20.7 SOUTH/78.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  IKALA KEEPS ON TRACKING IN DIRECTION OF
    AN AREA OF STRONGER VERTICAL WIND SHEAR WHICH SHOULD
    SIGNIFICANTLY WEAKEN THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.