Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:25:12 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 241200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 24/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 07  (EDDY )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : 11.8S/87.9E (ELEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDING UP TO 160 NM,
    MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CERCLE, EXTENDING LOCALY UP
    TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE,IN THE SOUTHEASTERN AND
    NORTHWESTERN SECTORS.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEA NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEA WITHIN 30 NM RADUIS
    FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 11.6 SOUTH/86.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 11.5 SOUTH/85.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS TRACKING GLOBALLY
    WESTWRADS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.