Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:30:58 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 130000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 032/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 13/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  (HARY )
    968 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 28.8S/56.7E
    (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX
    DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE IN THE WESTERN SECTOR AND UP TO 550
    NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN
60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM OF THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 30.6 SOUTH/58.4 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 14/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 32.0 SOUTH/60.1 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  HARY IS RAPIDLY WEAKENING DUE TO A
    NORTHWESTERLY VERTICAL WINDSHEAR, IT IS BECOMING
    EXTRATROPICAL ON COOLER SEAS.
CONVECTION IS WEAKENING AND IS EXISTS MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING FAR FROM THE CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.