Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:20:03 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 270000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 27/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (IKALA )
    950 HPA
POSITION             : 15.6S/74.7E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN ABD NORTHWESTERN SECTORS.
HURRICAN 65/85 KT AND VERY HIGH TO ENORMOUS SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 130 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 16.6 SOUTH/74.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH/75.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  IKALA KEEPS ON TRACKING SOUTHWARD,
    SLOWING DOWN, IN DIRECTION OF AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURES. A
    SMALL EYE IS NOW VISIBLE ON SATELLITE IMAGERY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.