Subject: Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 16:40:10 -0500

WTXS31 PGTW 112100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S (KESINY) WARNING NR 018
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   111800Z1 --- NEAR 15.9S5 46.9E9
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 180 DEGREES AT 01 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 15.9S5 46.9E9
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   120600Z9 --- 16.2S9 46.8E8
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
112100Z5 POSITION NEAR 6.2S8 95.0E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S (KESINY) REMAINS INLAND TO THE NORTHEAST
OF MAHAJANGA, MADAGASCAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 35 KNOTS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
111730Z3 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
ON SYNOPTIC OBSERVATIONS AND ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS. TC 23S IS
FORECAST TO DRIFT SOUTHWARD AND DISSIPATE OVER LAND. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 111800Z1 IS 10 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (ERROL) WARNINGS
(WTXS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.