Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:09:17 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 070000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/09/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/01 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 07/09/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 01   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 4.2S/57.3E
    (FOUR DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/09/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 4.4 SOUTH/55.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/09/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 4.6 SOUTH/54.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION REMAINS FLUCTUATING. THE
    SYSTEM IS UNDER INFLUENCE OF A WEAK, BECOMING MODERATE,
    EASTERLY TO NORTHEASTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.