Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 06:22:20 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 071200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 031/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 07/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
    957 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.2S/82.5E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY TWO DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 280 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 18.7 SOUTH/83.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 19.7 SOUTH/84.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM TRACKS SLOWLY AND REGULARY
    EASTSOUTHEASTWARD. IT HAS SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIED DURING THE
    LAST 24 HOURS, WITH A GOOD UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW. NEVERTHELESS,
    IT SHOULD THEN WEAKEN AS IT TRACK MORE SOUTHEASTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.