Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:15:33 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 040000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 04/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : 14.9S/77.7E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 MN IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 15.1 SOUTH/76.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/76.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  FRANCESCA HAS INTENSIFIED, THE EYE IS NOW
    CLEAR ON THE IMAGERY.
THE SYSTEM HAS SLOWN DOWN, BUT KEEPS ON TRACKING WESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.