Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:00:46 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 181800
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 18/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 03  (BOURA )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : 13.4S/64.7E (THIRTEEN DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.2 SOUTH/62.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 13.0 SOUTH/59.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSITY OF BOURA HAS WEAKENED. THE
    SEVERE TROPICAL STORM IS TRACKING WESTNORTHWESTWARD, DRIFTING
    ALONG THE EQUATORIAL SIDE OF A HIGH LOCATED IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.