Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:56:36 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 231800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 23/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.1S/65.8E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 280 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN
    THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    AND LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.7 SOUTH/64.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 15.3 SOUTH/63.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE STORM GOES ON SLOWLY INTENSIFYING.
    THE TRACK HAS SHIFTED ON A MORE SOUTHWESTWARD HEADING SINCE A
    FEW HOURS WHILE MOTION SEEMS TO HAVE SETTLED AT THE ACTUAL
    FASTER PACE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.