Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:09:00 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 280000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 28/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (IKALA )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.2S/77.3E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 20 NM FROM THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND
    HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM FROM THE CENTRE. GALE
    FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 140 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 18.9 SOUTH/77.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 19.7 SOUTH/78.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE TROPICAL CYCLONE IKALA HAS STARTED TO
    WEAKEN SIGNIFICANTLY DUE TO A STRONG NORTHWESTERLY VERTICAL
    WIND SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.