Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:17:19 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/111800Z/121800ZNOV2002//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/111352Z NOV 02//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/111351Z NOV 02//
NARR/REF A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 111200Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 03B WAS LOCATED NEAR
15.3N9 85.1E4, APPROXIMATELY 465 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF CALCUTTA,
INDIA, AND HAS TRACKED NORTHEASTWARD AT 12 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX
HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO
45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 111500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.4N7
82.5E5 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
1.A.(1) FOR DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 111200Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 02S (ATANG) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 11.6S8 44.5E3, APPROXIMATELY 265 NM NORTH OF MADAGASCAR, AND
HAS TRACKED WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 12 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 111500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS OF TC
02S PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.8S9 45.6E5, IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BRYANT/JACOBS/CUTMAN/ANDERSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.