Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 18:32:47 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 260000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 037/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 26/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 06  (DINA EX-)
    985 HPA
POSITION             : 31.4S/56.6E (THIRTY ONE DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0000
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR, EXTENDING UP TO 380 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 160 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    200 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 32.2 SOUTH/59.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 27/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 33.0 SOUTH/61.6 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS IS PROVED BY AN
    QUICKSCATT SWATH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.