Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 06:20:16 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 281200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 28/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (IKALA )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : 19.1S/79.6E (NINETEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY NINE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER LOCALLY EXISTS UP TO 350
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, AND UP TO 400 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 60 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER  SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 20.4 SOUTH/80.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 22.0 SOUTH/79.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  IKALA CONTINUES TO QUICKLY WEAKEN BY
    UNDERGOING STRONG NORTHWESTERLY VERTICAL WINDSHEAR. IT KEEPS
    ON TRACKING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD. OVER THE NEXT 12 HOURS, IT
    SHOULD CURVE SOUTHWARD AND THEN SOUTHWESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.