Subject: Indian-S: Immediate Delivery Req To Amembassy Port Louis

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:40:52 -0600

WTXS31 PGTW 112100
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 12S (FRANCESCA) WARNING NR 021
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHIO
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
111800Z1 --- NEAR 26.7S5 86.5E9
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 145 DEGREES AT 08 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
EXTRATROPICAL
REPEAT POSIT: 26.7S5 86.5E9
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
120600Z9 --- 27.9S8 87.2E7
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
EXTRATROPICAL
---
REMARKS:
112100Z5 POSITION NEAR 27.0S9 86.7E1.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 12S (FRANCESCA), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY
1000 NM SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS ISLAND IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN, HAS
TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 08 KNOTS DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE
WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 111730Z3 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE
WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES
OF 25 TO 30 KNOTS AND A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS. ANIMATED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS A FULLY-EXPOSED, ELONGATED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER WITH WEAK CONVECTION SHEARED TO THE SOUTH OF THE LLCC. THE 200
MB ANALYSIS INDICATES STRONG NORTHWESTERLIES SHEARING THE SYSTEM. TC
12S HAS COMPLETED EXTRATROPICAL TRANSITION AND MAY REDEVELOP AS A
MID-LATITUDE LOW. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 111800Z1 IS 18
FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON
WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.