Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 19:29:39 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 040000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 04/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.4S/65.9E
    (NINE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 180 NM IN THE WESTERN AND
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHERN AND
    WESTERN SECTORS AND UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 04/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 9.9 SOUTH/65.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 10.3 SOUTH/64.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NIGHTIME CONVECTION HAS BUILT OVER THE
    CENTRE WHICH HAS BEEN RELOCATED MORE TO THE EAST. GALE FORCE
    WINDS ARE LIKELY IN THE WESTERN TO SOUTHWESTERN SECTORS WHERE
    THE MAIN SQUALLY WEATHER IS PRESENT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.