Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 00:37:37 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 020600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 02/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CYPRIEN )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.8S/43.1E
    (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE
    DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND EASTERN QUADRANTS, EXTENDING UP TO 140 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT WITH HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
    UP TO 25 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN A 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 22.3 SOUTH/43.4 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 03/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 22.9 SOUTH/43.9 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM WHICH IS NEAR THE MALAGASY
    COAST SHOULD LAND SOUTH OF MOROMBE DURING THE NEXT HOURS.
IT WILL WEAKEN OVER LAND, AND ALSO DUE TO WESTNORTHWESTERLY
    SHEARING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.