Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:18:09 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 200000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 20/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 06 (DINA)930 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.6S/65.1E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/100 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 110 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 18.4 SOUTH/64.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 19.2 SOUTH/62.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS INTENSIFIED AND SHOWS A
    WELL DEFINED EYE 15 NM IN DIAMETER. T=6.0.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.