Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:30:12 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 270600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 27/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 12  (IKALA )
    945 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.1S/75.4E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 500 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND LOCALLY UP TO IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICAN 65/85 KT AND VERY HIGH TO ENORMOUS SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 140 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/76.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/76.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  IKALA KEEPS ON INTENSIFYING DUE TO A GOOD
    UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENCE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.