Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:43:54 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 180600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 18/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 03  (BOURA )
    968 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.5S/67.1E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND  HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, UP TO 100NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 14.1 SOUTH/65.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 14.6 SOUTH/63.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BOURA HAS SLIGHTY SLOWN DOWN, THE TRACK
    SHOULD BECOME MORE WESTWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.