Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:10:22 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 010000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 01/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.9S/40.5E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY FIVE
    DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER  EXTENDS UP TO 180 MN IN THE
SOUTH, AND UP TO 230 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT NEAR THE CENTRE REACHING LOCALLY GALE
FORCE WINDS 35 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS WITHIN THE EASTERN QUADRANT UP TO
100 NM. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 01/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 20.1 SOUTH/41.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 21.0 SOUTH/42.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEME ALWAYS UNDERGOES A DECREASING
NORTHWESTERLY SHEARING UPPER LEVEL FLOW, BUT CONVECTION SEEMS
BETTER ORGANIZED IN Z CURVED BAND PATTERN. THA CENTRE IS STILL NEAR
THE NORTHEASTERN EDGE OF THE HEAD OF THE BAND.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.