Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 06:26:30 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 261200
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 26/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.5S/59.8E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE EASTERN
    AND SOUTHER SEMI-CERCLES.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 60 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
 STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 19.9 SOUTH/59.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 21.9 SOUTH/59.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CRYSTAL KEEPS A STATIONARY INTENSITY WITH
    A BANDING PATTERN. ITS SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD TRACK HAS REGULAR
    SPEED AND DIRECTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.