Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 06:47:02 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 301200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 032/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 30/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12  (IKALA )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : 24.4S/78.5E (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL SQUALLS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE BETWEEN 50 NM AND 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS REACHING LOCALLY 40 KT
    WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 26.1 SOUTH/76.8 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 28.5 SOUTH/76.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXIST FAR AWAY FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH
    THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES WHICH IS GOING TO BE STRONGER
    THIS NIGTH. THEN THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO TRACK SOUTHWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.