Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:13:24 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 281800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 025/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 28/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.2S/62.2E
    (TWENTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE EASTERN AND SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLES.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150
    NM IN THE EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 28.2 SOUTH/64.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 30.2 SOUTH/67.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CRYSTAL, STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED,
    BEGINS TO BE AN EXTRATROPICAL SYSTEM, BUT THE LOW LEVEL
    CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION REMAINS STRONG.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.