Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 19:13:24 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 090000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/04/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 09/04/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 13  (JERY EX-DIANNE)
    954 HPA
POSITION             : 16.6S/89.5E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 280 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT
    AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
    GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE EASTERN AND
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN AND
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLES.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/04/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/88.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/04/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 20.3 SOUTH/87.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  WINDS ARE STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN AND
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLES DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH
    SUBTROPICAL PRESSURES, STRONGER IN THE EASTERN AND SOUTHERN
    PART OF THE CYCLONE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.