Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:11:26 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 061800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 06/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 11  (HARY )
    991 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.4S/61.0E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND MORE LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM
    WITHIN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 70 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 11.5 SOUTH/59.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 11.7 SOUTH/57.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM KEEPS ON TRACKING WESTWARD, ON
    THE NORTHERN  EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES WITH
    GOOD CONDITIONS FOR INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.