Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 00:33:43 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 170600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 17/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 06   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 8.8S/75.4E
    (EIGHT DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 MN,
    EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTH-WEST
    QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30
    KT AND ROUGH SEAS. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 10.4 SOUTH/74.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/72.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  DESPITE OF A MODERATE SOUTHERLY
    WINDSHEAR, CONVECTION KEEPS ON ORGANIZING AND THE SYSTEM
    WEAKENS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.