Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 06:18:45 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 171200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 17/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GUILLAUME )
    950 HPA
POSITION             : 14.9S/57.2E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICAN FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN A 20 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN A 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
WITHIN A 60NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    70 NM RADIOUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/58.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 16.7 SOUTH/59.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  GUILLAUME GOES ON INTENSIFYING, THE TRACK
    IS EXPECTED BECOMING MORE SOUTHEASTWARDS UNDER THE STEERING
    INFLUENCE OF A PERIPHERAL RIDGE IN THE NORTHEAST OF THE
    SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.