Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 12:16:58 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 251800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 25/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 05   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 5.1S/87.6E
    (FIVE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR
    THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY  30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 6.0 SOUTH/87.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 7.0 SOUTH/88.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION BECOMES ORGANIZED OVER THIS
    SYSTEM THAT HOWEVER UNDERGOES A QUITE STRONG NORTHWESTERLY
    WINDSHEAR. TRACK SHOULD REMAIN SLOWLY SOUTHWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.