Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 19:04:36 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 080000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 08/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    988 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.4S/56.7E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CERCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 11.9 SOUTH/55.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 12.3 SOUTH/53.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.