Subject: Indian-N: Ocean

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:42:57 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 241200
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
      (1) AT 240600Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 20S WAS LOCATED
NEAR 10.4N5 75.9E1, APPROXIMATELY 270 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA,
AND HAS TRACKED WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS DURING THE
PAST 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED TO BE 30 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 240900) FOR FURTHER
INFORMATION.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.8S7
77.0E4, IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT SEE
PARA 2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: WAKEHAM/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.