Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 18:15:21 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 260000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
26/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 26/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 6.6S/87.3E
    (SIX DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 7.8 SOUTH/87.1 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 8.9 SOUTH/87.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  RELOCATED CENTRE SOUTHWARD.
THE SYSTEM GENERALLY TRACKS SOUTHWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.