Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 18:11:33 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 300000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 30/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12  (EX-IKALA )
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.2S/80.0E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : RESIDUAL SQUALLS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE BETWEEN 50 NM AND 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT REACHING LOCALLY 40/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH
    SEAS EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS EXTENDING UP TO 500 NM
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 23.3 SOUTH/78.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 31/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 25.6 SOUTH/76.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXIST FAR AWAY FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH
    THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.