Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:10:11 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 290000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 026/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 29/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 12  (IKALA )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.3S/81.3E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 200 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR, AND VERY LOCALLY UP TO
    450 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE NORTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT AND UP TO 450 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER  SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 21.2 SOUTH/82.2 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 30/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 22.3 SOUTH/81.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  LITTLE DEEP CONVECTION PERSISTS ONLY IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT. STRONG WINDS MAINTAIN FAR FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. LLCC SHOULD TURN
    SOUTHWESTWARD AND TRACK ROUND THE HIGH ON ITS NORTHERN EDGE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.