Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 01:23:39 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 090600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 029/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 09/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
           972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.3S/51.1E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY ONE DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 280 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN SECTORS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 12.9 SOUTH/49.6 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 10/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.4 SOUTH/48.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOWS SIGNS OF INTENSIFICATION
    WITH THE FORMATION OF AN EYE WHICH IS STILL POORLY DEFINED.
    IT SHOULD CROSS THE NORTHERN PART OF MADAGASCAR DURING THE
    NEXT NIGHT AND WEAKEN OVER LAND.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.