Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 00:27:54 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 170600
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 17/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 03  (BOURA )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : 12.2S/69.4E (TWELVE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, ETENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SECTOR, AND UP TO 400 NM IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 12.5 SOUTH/67.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 12.8 SOUTH/65.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  BOURA HAS INTENSIFY. ITS TRACKS HAS
    STARTED TO CURVE WESTWARD, IN RELATION WITH THE STRENGTHENING
    OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE SITUATED IN THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.