Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 06:12:53 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 121200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 12/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  (HARY )
    945 HPA
POSITION             : 26.2S/54.7E (TWENTY SIX DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  16 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 550 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND 400 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN
80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM OF THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 28.9 SOUTH/56.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 30.4 SOUTH/58.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  HARY KEEPS ON REGULARLY TRACKING
    SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD. HARY'S EYE PATTERN HAS DISAPPEARED AND
    THE SYSTEM NOW UNDERGOES A NORTHWESTERLY, WEAK TO MODERATE,
    WINDSHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.