Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 00:15:06 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 210600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
21/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 21/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 06  (DINA )
    920 HPA
POSITION             : 18.9S/60.4E (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 110 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/105 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 65
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 19.2 SOUTH/58.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 19.3 SOUTH/56.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  DINA KEEPS ON REGULARLY TRACKING IN SPEED
    AND IN DIRECTION. BUT INTENSITY TENDS TO WEAKEN. EXTENSION OF
    STRONGEST WINDS REMAINS IMPORTANT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI?CIRCLE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.