Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 06:08:31 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 091200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 039/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 09/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 08  (FRANCESCA )
    960 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.9S/84.8E
    (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR
    DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS
    35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE
EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 22.8 SOUTH/84.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 24.2 SOUTH/84.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  FRANCESCA GOES ON WEAKENING, DUE TO THE
    MODERATE NORTHWESTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND THE COOLER
    SST.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.