Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 06:09:08 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 011200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 01/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 05  (CYPRIEN )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.0S/42.0E
    (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY TWO DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN A 80 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 MN IN THE SOUTH,
    AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, ON THE
    WESTERN PART OF MADAGASCAR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT WITH HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 60 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN A 40
    NM DAIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 90 NM IN
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN A
    100 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 22.0 SOUTH/43.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 22.5 SOUTH/45.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SHEARING HAS STOPPED SUDDENLY, AND
    THE SYSTEM IS NOW INTENSIFYING RAPIDLY, TRACKING
    SOUTHEASTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.