Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:19:59 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 101800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 10/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 13  (JERY EX-DIANNE)

    980 HPA
POSITION             : 20.5S/87.9E (TWENTY DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 22.0 SOUTH/88.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 24.4 SOUTH/88.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE SOUTH DUE
    TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES. JERY
    UNDERGOES STRONG WESTERLY WINDSHEAR WHICH INCREASES AS THE
    SYSTEM TRACKS SOUTHWARD. JERY SHOULD QUICKLY WEAKEN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.