Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 07:13:44 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 071200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 07/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : 11.0S/58.6E (ELEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMICERCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, ATTEIGNANT 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 11.3 SOUTH/57.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 11.9 SOUTH/56.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS WEAKENING DU TO
    NORTHEASTERN SHEAR. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.