Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 06:38:53 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 251200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 25/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    972 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.7S/61.5E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 60 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 80 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
UP TO 80 MN IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/60.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/60.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS NOT IN INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.