Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 09:20:13 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 271200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 27/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 07  (EDDY )
    982 HPA
POSITION             : 21.5S/87.6E (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/01/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 22.4 SOUTH/86.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/01/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 23.1 SOUTH/83.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE NORTHWESTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
    REMAINS MODERATE.
THE EXTENSION OF THE STRONG WINDS IS HIGH IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR,
    DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.