Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 06:13:20 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 301200
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 032/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 30/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (EX-CRYSTAL
    )
    1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 30.6S/71.7E
    (THIRTY DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  17 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO  170 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT
    IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 31/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 32.2 SOUTH/75.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 31/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 34.0 SOUTH/78.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EX-CRYSTAL IS NOW EXTRATROPICAL. THE
    STRONGEST WINDS LOCATED IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE ARE DUE TO
    THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE EASTH OF THE SYSTEM.
LAST BULLETIN ABOUT THIS SYSTEM, REFER TO BULLETIN ACK (FQIO20
    FMEE) TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.