Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 06:10:59 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 241200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 24/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.9S/74.7E
    (TEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 300 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 500 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 20/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
    30 KT, AND  MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 25/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 11.9 SOUTH/73.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 12.9 SOUTH/71.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  T=2.0+. CONVECTION BUILDS NEAR THE CENTRE
    OVER THE FEW LAST IMAGES. THE SYSTEM SHOULD GENERALLY TRACK
    SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE NEXT 12 HOURS AND THEN
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD AS A TROUGH ARRIVES IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.