Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:35:45 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 240600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 24/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.2S/88.3E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM
    FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 25/30 KT AROUND THE CENTRE, REACHING VERY
    LOCALLY 30 KT AND  VERY ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 12.9 SOUTH/87.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.4 SOUTH/85.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM KEEPS ON INTENSIFYING ON THE
    NORTHEASTREN OF OR AREA.
THE SYSTEM HAS TRACKED GLOBALLY WESTWRADS DURING THE LAST HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.