Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:11:26 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 071800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 07/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  (HARY )
    974 HPA
POSITION             : 11.5S/56.5E (ELEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE..
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 11.8 SOUTH/54.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 12.6 SOUTH/52.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  HARY KEEPS ON INTENSIFYING. AN EYE HAS
    STARTED TO BUILD. THE TRACK HAS CURVED WESTSOUTHWESTWARD AND
    SHOULD MAINTAIN FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.