Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:24:45 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 110000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/04/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 11/04/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 13  (JERY )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.3S/87.9E
    (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN
    DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY WITHIN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/04/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 23.0 SOUTH/88.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/04/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 25.0 SOUTH/88.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  JERY IS WEAKENING, UNDERGOING A STRONG
    WESTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE SOUTH DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.