Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 07:26:24 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 091200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 09/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KESINY )
           965 HPA
POSITION             : 12.7S/50.0E (TWELVE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 180 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM OF THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.3 SOUTH/48.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 13.6 SOUTH/46.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS STILL INTENSIFYING. IT WILL
    LAND ON THE MALAGASY COAST DURING THE NEXT HOURS, BETWEEN
    ANTSIRANANA AND VOHEMAR, THEN CROSS THE NORTHERN TIP OF
    MADAGASCAR  WHILE WEAKENING OVER LAND.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.