Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 18:10:03 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 100000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 10/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : VERY INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  (HARY )
    905 HPA
POSITION             : 14.8S/50.7E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SECTOR, AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE..
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/120 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN
80 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    130 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/50.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 18.7 SOUTH/50.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  HARY HAS REACHED ITS MAXIMUM OF INTENSITY
    OVER THE LAST HOURS, BUT REMAINS A COMPACT SYSTEM WITH A
    RELATIVELY SHORT EXTENSION WINDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.