Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 06:09:20 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 081200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 08/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  (HARY )
    930 HPA
POSITION             : 11.4S/53.6E (ELEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY THREE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 275 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/95 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 15 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE
CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 12.1 SOUTH/52.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 13.3 SOUTH/50.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  HARY KEEPS ON INTENSIFYING IN A FAVORABLE
    ENVIRONMENT. IT TRACKS WESTWARD AT 9 KNOTS, BUT SHOULD CURVE
    SOUTHWESTWARDS OVER THE NEXT 12 HOURS, TOWARDS A WEAKNESS IN
    THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.