Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 06:16:16 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 151200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 042/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 15/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11  (EX-HARY )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 32.5S/63.3E
    (THIRTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  14 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLEAND EXTENDING LOCALY FAR FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO
    150 NM NM FROM THE CENTRE, EVEN 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    250 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 500 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 33.4 SOUTH/66.3 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 16/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 34.8 SOUTH/69.9 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  LAST WARNING ISSUED ABOUT THAT SYSTEM.
    NEVERTHELESS, STRONG WINDS 30/35 KT STILL EXIST ON THE
    SOUTHERN PART OF THE AREA. THEY STILL ARE DESCRIBED IN
    SOUTHAFRICAN WARNINGS FOR METAREA VII.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.