Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 01:46:13 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 140600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/06/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/15 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 14/06/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 15   1002 HPA
POSITION             : 16.5S/76.8E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 200 MN IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/20 KT AND ROUGH SEAS AROUND THE CENTRE,
    REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 25/30 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS
    UP TO 250 MN FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/06/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 18.2 SOUTH/77.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/06/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/79.4 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS WEAKENING BECAUSE OF THE
    NORTHERLY SHEARING, AND IS TRACKIND GENERALY SOUTHWARDS.
 THIS SYSTEM DOESN'T JUSQTIFIE ISSUANCE OF REGULAR WARNINGS.
STRONGEST WINDS WILL MAINTAIN SOUTHWEST OF THE RESIDUAL CENTRE
    DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.