Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 06:16:18 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 111200

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 047/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 11/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 08  (FRANCESCA )
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 25.7S/86.0E
    (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SIX
    DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER FAR FROM THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING UP BETWEEN 100 NM TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE, ONLY
    IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, REACHING VERY LOCALLY 50 KT IN THE
    SOUTH, EXTENDING UP TO 150 MN IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 27.5 SOUTH/86.2 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 29.6 SOUTH/85.7 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.
    CONVECTION IS WEAKENING, VERY SOUTH OF THE CENTRE WHICH IS
    BECOMING DISTENDED. NEVERTHELESS, STRONG WINDS STILL BLOW,

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.