Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:19:51 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 010000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 01/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.9S/89.0E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : UNDETERMINED
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS UP TO 20
    NM FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN
    THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT, AND LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 13.2 SOUTH/89.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.9 SOUTH/88.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE HAS BEEN RELOCATED ACCORDING
    TO TRMM DATA AT 1830 UTC. IT IS A NEW CENTRE, WHICH HAS
    TEMPORARY EXISTED UNDER DEEP CONVECTION AT THIS MOMENT. THE
    SYSTEM REMAINS EASTNORTHEASTERLY SHEARED, THAT'S WHY
    INTENSIFICATION IS DIFFICULT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.