Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 19:11:39 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 050000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
05/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 05/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    991 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.0S/65.5E
    (TEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  2 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, BUT EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN
    THE NORTHERN AND WESTERN SECTORS AND UP TO 200 NM IN SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 10.2 SOUTH/64.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 06/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 10.4 SOUTH/63.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE HAS BEEN RELOCATED MORE TO THE
    EAST.
KESINY SHOULD MAINTAIN A SLOW WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.