Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:15:43 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 110600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 046/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 11/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 08  (FRANCESCA )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 25.1S/85.8E
    (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE
    DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP BETWEEN 60 NM
    TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE, ONLY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 MN IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 26.6 SOUTH/86.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 28.4 SOUTH/85.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  FRANCESCA KEEPS ON TRACKING GLOBALLY
    SOUTHWARD. IT'S WEAKENING RAPIDLY BECAUSE OF AN INCREASING
    VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.