Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 00:22:29 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 280600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 28/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 04  (CRYSTAL )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : 24.1S/60.4E (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT, .
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 25.9 SOUTH/60.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/12/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 27.6 SOUTH/62.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CRYSTAL UNDERGOES A STRONG NORTHWESTERLY
    WINDSHEAR, AND QUICKLY WEAKENS. THE TRACK SHOULD BE
    SOUTHWARDS THEN SOUTHEASTWARDS OVER THE NEXT 12 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.