Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 00:28:28 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 070600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/02 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 07/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 02  (ATANG )
    999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 8.4S/57.6E
    (EIGHT DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CERCLE AND UP TO  450 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN AND
    NORTHWESTERN SECTORS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE AND
    LOCALLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 07/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 8.2 SOUTH/56.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 8.0 SOUTH/55.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTIVE CLOUDS OF THE TROPICAL
    DEPRESSION ATANG ARE NOT WELL ORGANIZED. IT IS STILL
    DIFFICULT TO LOCATE THE CENTRE, RELOCATED MORE NORTHERLY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.