Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:15:15 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 191800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
19/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 19/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 06(DINA) 955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.3S/65.6E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 18.1 SOUTH/64.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 20/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 18.9 SOUTH/63.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE EYE IS CLEAR ON THE LAST SATELLITE
    PICTURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.