Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:20:08 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 031800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
03/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 03/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (FRANCESCA )
    973 HPA
POSITION             : 15.0S/78.1E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 MN IN THE WESTERN,
    NORTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 15.6 SOUTH/77.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 04/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 15.8 SOUTH/76.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM KEEPS ON GENERALLY TRACKING
    WESTWARD. EXTENSION OF STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE IS CONFIRMED BY THE QUIKSCAT SWATH AT 1208 UTC.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.