Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:14:28 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 201800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
20/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 20/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 06  (DINA )
    910 HPA
POSITION             : 18.5S/62.5E (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 110 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/115 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/01/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 18.9 SOUTH/60.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 21/01/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 19.2 SOUTH/58.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE DINA SHOULD
    MAINTAIN A WESTSOUTHWESTWARD TRACK FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS,
    SKIRTING AN AREA OF HIGH PRESSURES LOCATED IN THE SOUTH OF
    THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.