Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 01:15:22 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 080600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 08/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 13 (DIANNE)
       974 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.9S/92.0E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND NINETY TWO DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 280 NM IN THE NORTHERN
    SECTOR, UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR AND LOCALLY UP TO
    500 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM  IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/89.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/87.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE SHOULD CROSS THE MERIDIAN 90
    EST IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
WINDS ARE STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE
    GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES AND THE QUICK
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD MOVEMENT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.