Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 01:25:16 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 090600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 09/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 13  (JERY EX-DIANNE)
    955 HPA
POSITION             : 17.2S/88.6E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY EIGHT DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 450 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT
    AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
    GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS
    OF THE
CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 18.3 SOUTH/87.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 19.7 SOUTH/86.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXIST FAR IN THE SOUTH DUE
    TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.