Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:54:41 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 111800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/111800Z/121800Z MAR 02//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/111353Z MAR 02//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 111200Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE 18S (HARY) WAS LOCATED NEAR
20.8S0 51.5E1, APPROXIMATELY 220 NM WEST OF LA REUNION ISLAND,
TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 16 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 115 KNOTS GUSTING TO 140
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 111500) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
      (2) NO OTHER CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.2S3
96.4E9 IS RELOCATED TO A POSITION NEAR 10.0S1 102.0E3, APPROXIMATELY
350 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS IN THE SOUTH INDIAN
OCEAN. ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES SCATTERED DEEP
CONVECTION. ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY AND GRADIENT LEVEL ANALYSIS
INDICATES THAT THE DISTURBANCE IS EMBEDDED IN A BROAD AREA OF
TROUGHING ALONG 10.0S1. THE 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK TO
MODERATE DIFFLUENCE ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
       (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/WINGEART/MAYER/LAM/TON/DUKES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.