Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:08:05 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 300000
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
30/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 30/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 04  (EX-CRYSTAL
    )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : 28.7S/67.7E (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT
    0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 80 NM AND
    250 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND HIGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 30/12/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 29.8 SOUTH/70.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 31/12/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 31.0 SOUTH/73.6 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EX-CRYSTAL IS NOW EXTRATROPICAL. RESIDUAL
    CONVECTION IS FAR AWAY IN THE SOUTHEAST OF THE VORTEX.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.