Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 18:08:34 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 240000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 24/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 12   1002 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 9.5S/76.6E
    (NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 180 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
CLOCKWISE WINDS 15/25 KT REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 24/03/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 10.3 SOUTH/75.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/03/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 11.5 SOUTH/74.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM DOES NOT SHOW ANY SIGN OF
    INTENSIFICATION. IT IS UNDER MODERATE EASTERLY SHEARING. IT
    IS VERY DIFFICULT TO LOCATE THE CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.