Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 13:28:25 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 091800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 031/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 09/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : OVERLAND CYCLONE 14  (KESINY )
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.1S/49.0E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY NINE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM OF THE CENTRE,
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 13.4 SOUTH/47.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 13.5 SOUTH/45.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS ENDING ITS CROSS OVER THE
    NORTHERN TIP OF MADAGASCAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.