Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:28:57 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 220600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
22/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 029/03 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 22/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 03  (EX-BOURA )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : 13.1S/53.8E (THIRTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY THREE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS FAR AWAY FROM THE
    CENTRE, LOCALLY BETWEEN 70 NM AND 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 22/11/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 11.8 SOUTH/52.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/11/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 10.8 SOUTH/52.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS NOW COMPLETLY EXPOSED, THE
    SYSTEM GOES ON WEAKENING.
STRONGEST WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE
    GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.