Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 19:16:39 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 090000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 028/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 09/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : 11.8S/52.0E (ELEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 MN
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 55/50 KT AND HIGH SEAS IN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/05/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 12.3 SOUTH/50.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/05/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 12.9 SOUTH/48.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIED. WITH A
    WEST-SOUTHWESTWARDS TRACK, IT SHOULD PASS THE NORTHERN TIP OF
    MADAGASCAR WEAKENING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.