Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:08:28 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 181800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
18/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 18/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GUILLAUME )
    920 HPA
POSITION             : 18.1S/59.5E (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/105 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/02/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 19.4 SOUTH/59.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 19/02/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 20.5 SOUTH/58.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE GUILLAUME SHOULD
    GO ON TRACKING SOUTHWARD THEN IT SHOULD CURVE
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD FROM TOMORROW, TUESDAY 2002/02/19.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.