Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 13:24:29 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 081800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 08/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KESINY )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.7S/53.3E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY THREE DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 MN
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND 300 NM IN THE WESTERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANTS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/05/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 12.1 SOUTH/51.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/05/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 13.3 SOUTH/49.7 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIED. IT COULD
    TRACK MORE SOUTHWESTWARD, TOWARD THE NORTH OF MADAGASCAR, IN
    A WEAKNESS OF THE LOW LEVEL HIGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.