Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 06:21:20 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 011200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 01/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08   997 HPA
POSITION             : 13.5S/85.8E (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    EXTENDING UP TO 160 NM FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300
    NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS UP TO 20
    NM FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN
    THE WESTERN SEMI-CERCLE, AND REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE
    WINDS 35KT WITHNIN THE NORTHWESTERN SECTOR
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.6 SOUTH/84.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 13.9 SOUTH/82.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSIFICATION REMAINS DIFFICULT DUE TO
    EASTERLY WIND SHEAR. THE TRACK IS GLOBALY WESTWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.