Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 12:20:44 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 091800

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 09/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  (HARY )
    910 HPA
POSITION             : 14.2S/51.1E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY ONE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/115 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN
80 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    130 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS IN SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/03/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/50.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/03/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 17.6 SOUTH/50.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  HARY HAS REINTENSIFIED OVER THE LAST
    HOURS, BUT REMLAINS A COMPACT SYSTEM WITH A RELATIVELY SHORT
    EXTENSION WINDS. IT SHOULD TRACK SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE
    NEXT HOURS, THEN SOUTHWARD AND SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD OVER THE
    NEXT 48 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.