Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:10:22 -0500

WTIO20 FMEE 111800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 11/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 13  (EX-JERY )
    1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.6S/89.3E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : WEAK CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY BUT RESIDUAL
    SQUALLY WEATHER STILL EXISTS IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CERCLE,
    EXTENDING UP TO 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/04/2002 AT 0600 UTC: 25.4 SOUTH/89.6 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 12/04/2002 AT 1800 UTC: 28.0 SOUTH/91.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOWS NOW AN EXTRATROPICAL
    PATTERN.
STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR IN THE SOUTH DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.