Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 18:15:25 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 020000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 02/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.4S/84.4E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE
    AND THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, AND REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE 35
    KT IN THE NORTHWESTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2002 AT 1200 UTC: 13.3 SOUTH/83.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/02/2002 AT 0000 UTC: 13.3 SOUTH/81.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM SHOWS SIGNS OF INTENSIFICATION
    WITH A CONVECTIVE MASS WHICH HAS FORMED OVER THE CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.centerone.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.