Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 06:10:51 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 161200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 035/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 16/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10  (EX-GERRY )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.0S/71.3E
    (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTNORTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER VERY LOCALLY EXISTS BEYOND
    150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS EXIST UP
    TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE, REACHING GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT
    AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 26.2 SOUTH/72.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 17/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 25.5 SOUTH/73.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THIS EXTRATROPICAL SYSTEM WITH NO
    ASSOCIATED DEEP CONVECTION STILL GENERATES STRONG WINDS FAR
    FROM THE CENTRE. EXTENTION OF WINDS IS EVALUATED ACCORDING TO
    ERS SATELLITE DATA AT 06 UTC. THE SYSTEM CAN'T GO SOUTHWARD
    DUE TO THE WIDE HIGH WHICH BLOCK IT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.