Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 04:40:17 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 260940
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT 26 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 26/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAK COLD FRONT IS ALONG THE NORTHERN FRINGE OF THE AREA
   FROM 33N125W W TO 32N135W.
..TROUGH IS ORIENTED FROM NE TO SW ALONG LINE 12N123W 7N127W
   WITH A 1010 MB LOW THAT HAS FORMED ON THE TROUGH NEAR
   10N125W.  AN INTENSE BURST OF CONVECTION HAS FORMED S OF THE
   LOW CENTER WITH A CLUSTER OF STRONG NEAR 9N125W OTHERWISE
   SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH AXIS S OF 9N.
..ELSEWHERE HIGH PRESSURE CONTROLS THE AREA WITH A RIDGE AXIS
   FROM 27N125W TO 14N105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 26/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
9N94W 7N100W 9N125W 5N131W 7N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 93W-96W.
SCATTERED MODERATE IS FROM 6N-9N BETWEEN 99W-106W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG IS WITHIN 75 NM OF AXIS FROM
128W-133W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS FROM
136W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 11N107W.  ISOLATED
WEAK/MODERATE ALONG THE W COAST OF COSTA RICO AND COLOMBIA AND
ON THE S COAST OF PANAMA.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.