Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:32:58 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 181532
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT 18 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 18/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT ALONG 30N132W 26N133W 22N138W.
   BROKEN LOW CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 45 NM EITHER
   SIDE OF AXIS.
..A 1022 MB HIGH IS NEAR 27N125W AND COVERS THE REMAINDER OF
   THE AREA E OF THE FRONT WITH A RIDGE AXIS SW TO 22N140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
5N95W 4N107W 7N125W 5N130W 4N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG
CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 7N91W 3N97W.  SMALL CLUSTER OF
MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 45 NM OF 5N134W.  ISOLATED
MODERATE WITHIN 30/45 NM OF AXIS FROM 100W-114W AND E OF 80W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
A FEW SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 22N115W 18N121W SW OF
BAJA CALIFORNIA.

BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.