Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:59:49 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 122159
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED 12 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 12/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1022 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 30N130W WITH ASSOCIATED
   ANTICYCLONIC FLOW NORTH OF 14N WEST OF 105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/2130 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N77W 6N88W 3N101W 6N110W 4N117W 8N125W 4N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
A 45-60 NM RADIUS OF 6N109.5W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 90-120 NM ON EITHER SIDE
OF AXIS BETWEEN 115W AND 119W...AND WITHIN 60-90 NM ON EITHER
SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 88W AND 92W. SCATTERED MODERATE SHOWERS AND
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 90 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS
BETWEEN 95W AND 101W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROAD UPPER LEVEL ANTICYCLONIC FLOW NORTH OF 10N BETWEEN 100W
AND 130W. OVERCAST HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS NORTH OF 10N BETWEEN 110W
AND 130W.

$$
COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.