Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 03:47:34 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 040947
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT 04 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 04/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE IS THE ONLY SIGNIFICANT FEATURE IN THE AREA
   WITH A 1024 MB HIGH NEAR 28N131W.  A WELL-DEFINED RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDS SW THROUGH BEYOND 24N140W AND SE TO SOCORRO ISLAND.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 04/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
3N88W 6N110W 8N118W 6N129W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60
NM OF AXIS FROM 106W-111W.  WIDELY SCATTERED WEAK/MODERATE
WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 81W-88W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 75
NM OF AXIS FROM 117W-129W.  SMALL CLUSTERS OF MODERATE
CONVECTION ARE NEAR 6N77W...5N100W AND 5N103W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.