Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 06:19:42 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 131200
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 039/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 13/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    960 HPA
POSITION             : 21.7S/64.0E (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/75 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP
TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30
    KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120NM RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT
    AND UP TO 350NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 22.9 SOUTH/64.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 24.6 SOUTH/64.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  KALUNDE KEEPS ON WEAKENING, DUE TO A
    MODERATE NORTHWESTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. THE EYE HAS
    STARTED TO DISAPPEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.