Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:39:21 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 142139
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC FRI 14 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 14/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAKENING 1012 MB LOW IS CENTERED IN THE GULF OF CALIFORNIA
   NEAR 29N112W.
..A COLD FRONT IS IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE REGION
   EXTENDING THROUGH 32N137W TO BEYOND 29N140W.
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 13N FROM 115W TO THE
   ABOVE COLD FRONT WITH A 1023 MB HIGH LOCATED NEAR 30N128W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
4N88W 3N97W 2N115W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION
IS WITHIN 60 NM NORTH AND 120 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 130W TO
134W. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION
ARE WITHIN 180 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 120W TO 126W AND WITHIN
75 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 125W TO 127W. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 85W TO
89W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.