Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:47:17 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 220343
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE 22 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 22/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 20N WEST OF
   120W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 32N137W TO 20N120W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
7N88W 3N100W 8N112W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 87W TO 89W...FROM
108W TO 110W...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 111W TO 113W.
CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 90/120 NM OF THE AXIS
FROM 131W TO 139W. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION ARE
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS EAST OF 92W TO THE COAST OF COLOMBIA
AND WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 126W TO 131W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS NORTH OF 6N TO INLAND
OVER PANAMA FROM 80W TO 83W AND NORTH OF 5.5N EAST OF 79W TO
INLAND OVER EAST PANAMA AND COLOMBIA. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS
INLAND AND ALONG THE IMMEDIATE COAST OF COSTA RICA FROM 83W TO
84W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45
NM OF A LINE FROM 3N81W TO INLAND OVER SOUTH COLOMBIA AND
ECUADOR NEAR 2N79W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.