Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:39:34 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 170339
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC MON 17 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 17/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING TROUGH AXIS STRETCHES FROM THE ARIZONA/MEXICO
   BORDER NEAR 31N110W SW TO 25N116W TO 18N128W. BROKEN/OVERCAST
   LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS E OF 130W.
..RIDGE EXTENDS FROM W OF 28N140W ACROSS THE TROUGH AXIS TO
   14N109W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N83W
4N100W 4N110W 2N116W 6N120W 3N136W 3N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60NM OF THE COSTA RICAN COAST BETWEEN
7N-9N. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
86W-91W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 2N-5N BETWEEN 85W-86W. ISOLATED
MODERATE WITHIN 45NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 97W-101W. SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 90NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 107W-114W. ISOLATED
MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 115W-120W. SCATTERED
MODERATE FROM 6N-9N BETWEEN 120W-122W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN
30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 122W-126W AND W OF 132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 6N-9N BETWEEN 110W-114W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.