Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:43:35 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 310943
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 31 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...

LOW/FRONT...LOW NEAR 27N169W HAS MOVED SOUTH AT 10KT. FRONT FROM
27N172W THROUGH 29N171W 29N167W 25N163W 20N164W TO 14N170W HAS MOVED
EAST SLOWLY. AREA OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CB PARTLY
BOUNDED BY 30N155W 20N161W 30N170W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N HAS
MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10KT...INTENSIFIED AND EXPANDED IN SIZE. BROKEN
LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 80NM OF FRONT SOUTH OF 20N HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT
12 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 05N140W 06N150W 06N165W 05N170W 04N175W.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 06N140W 05N147W 08N151W HAVE MOVED
WEST AT 15KT AND EXPANDED IN AREA IN THE PAST 12 HOURS. NEW ISOLATED
CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 06N157W 06N160W. OCCASIONAL TCU
AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 100NM OF ITCZ AXIS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE LOW/FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE
THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH
WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE LOW/FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. ISOLATED LOW CLOUDS OVER AREA. SEE LOW/FRONT
IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NIL.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS AND BROKEN TO
OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS OVER AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 13S160W 18S155W 13S146W 22S153W
24S162W 20S160W 15S165W 13S160W HAS MOVED EAST AT 15KT AND EXPANDED.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.