Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:08:17 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 311608
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI 31 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 31/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..RIDGE FROM 9N118W TO 18N120W TO 25N125W TO 1024 MB
   HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 33N129W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 31/1530 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N77W 6N96W 7N102W 7N113W 8N123W 5N130W 5N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 75 NM
ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 111W AND 115W.

WIDELY SCATTERED TO SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120-180 NM ON EITHER SIDE
OF AXIS EAST OF 90W.

ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 40-50 NM ON
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 120W AND 128W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NO OTHER DEEP THUNDERSTORMS. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...MIDDLE/
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH FROM CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER NEAR
22N115W TO 15N122W TO SECOND CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER
NEAR 2N126W.

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.