Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 00:18:47 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 090600
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 09/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    915 HPA
POSITION             : 15.7S/68.2E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM, MAINLY
    IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/110 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/67.2 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/66.2 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE TRACK REMAINS REGULAR, IN DIRECTION
    OF THE SOUTHWESTERN SECTOR. THE INTENSITY OF KALUNDE HAS
    STARTED TO LIGHTLY WEAKEN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.