Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 03:29:34 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 250929
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE 25 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 25/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT EXTENDS THROUGH 32N120W ALONG 26N123W TO 22N138W.
..WEAK 1019 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 21N116W.
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 22N WEST OF 132W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/0845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
6N106W 8N121W 8N130W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 150 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 121W TO 127W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS INLAND AND
ALONG THE IMMEDIATE COAST OF COLOMBIA FROM 5.5N TO 6.5N.
BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN
90 NM OF THE COLD FRONT. COLD AIR STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE
NORTH OF THE COLD FRONT. BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS IN
ASSOCIATION WITH AN UPPER LEVEL LOW COVERS THE AREA FROM 10N TO
16N BETWEEN 120W AND 133W...AND FROM 16N TO 24N BETWEEN 111W AND
137W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.