Subject: Indian-N: **** Corrective ****

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 00:13:35 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 160600 CCA
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****
**** CORRECTIVE ****

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 050/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 16/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14  (EX-KALUNDE
    )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : 33.9S/67.1E (THIRTY THREE DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  22 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS BETWEEN 100 NM AND
    500 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 37.8 SOUTH/68.2 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 17/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 40.5 SOUTH/71.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  WINDS EXTENSION IS MEASURED THANKS TO THE
    LAST QUIKSCAT SATELLITE DATA (0209Z). EXTENSION IS IMPORTANT
    IN THE SOUTHEAST DUE THE GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL
    HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.