Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:42:47 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 282142
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC MON 28 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 28/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N121W AND
   EXTENDS SW ALONG 30N124W 28N130W 28N139W. BROKEN LOW TO MID
   LEVEL CLOUDS WITHIN 90NM N OF THE FRONT AND SCATTERED
   STRATOCUMULUS N OF 31N.
..HIGH PRES RIDGE LIES JUST S OF THE COLD FRONT ALONG 26N130W
   13N104W...EXTENDING FROM A 1022 MB HIGH NEAR 33N139W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
6N94W 8N105W 4N134W 7N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE E OF 78W ALONG THE
COLOMBIAN COAST BETWEEN 2N-7N. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN
75NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 82W-91W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN
120NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 96W-108W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM
8N-10N BETWEEN 109W-114W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 4N-7N BETWEEN
122W-129W. ISOLATED SHOWERS/TSTMS WITHIN 45NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 130W-135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION OVER SE COSTA RICA AND PANAMA
BETWEEN 77W-84W WITH SOME CELLS DRIFTING OFFSHORE. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 7N-11N BETWEEN 123W-128W.
STRONG SUBTRPCL JET WITH BROKEN/OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS WITHIN
250NM OF A LINE FROM 20N140W 23N120W 26N100W IN NRN MEXICO.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.