Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 16:00:48 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 012200
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 01 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...MOSTLY...LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL SHOWERS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE BOUNDED BY
30N159W 30N155W 24N158W 18N162W 19N164W 27N159W.  FEATURE MOVING
NORTH SLOWLY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 10N173W 09N170W 08N166W 05N169W
06N172W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS AND INCREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND
EAST OF 140W AND BOUNDED BY 09N140W 03N140W 05N143W 09N142W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.  FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 14S152W 20S149W
20S144W 23S144W 22S155W 14S158W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT AND
INTENSIFIED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08S172W 12S162W 09S164W 08S160W 14S160W
13S171W 15S172W 10S175W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 01S180
03S176W 14S177W 16S179E 11S176E 04S178E HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.