Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:57:35 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 092157
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED 09 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 09/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A WEAKENING COLD FRONT EXTENDS THROUGH 32N131W TO BEYOND 27N140W.
..A 1023 MB HIGH PRESSURE IS CENTERED NEAR 28N130W. A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDS SE FROM THE HIGH TO SOCORRO ISLAND NEAR 19N111W. BROAD
   HIGH PRES AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW COVERS THE AREA N OF 10N W OF
   110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 09/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG AXIS 5N77W
4N110W  7N122W  4N135W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 82W AND 88W AND
BETWEEN 116W AND 125W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.