Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 04:02:55 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 131002
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU 13 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 13/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..TROUGH...REMNANT OF AN EARLIER FRONTAL BOUNDARY...
   THROUGH 32N119W TO 23N116W TO 15N117W TO 10N120W.
   1008 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 24N121W...CONTINUING
   TO WEAKEN WITH TIME. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
   SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 30-40 NM RADIUS OF
   16.5N114W. BROKEN/OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS WITHIN 150 NM ON
   EITHER SIDE OF 31N104W 25N108W 19N112W OVER PARTS OF
   MEXICO.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 13/0930 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N78W 5N94W 3N107W 6N114W 7N120W 7N131W 7N140W.
ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 45-60 NM
ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 90W AND 103W...WITHIN
90-120 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 111W AND 122W...
AND WITHIN 60 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS WEST OF 138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NO OTHER DEEP CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.