Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:26:10 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 290000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
29/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 29/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : OVERLAND CYCLONE 09  (FARI )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.3S/48.4E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT ALONG THE COAST NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 20.9 SOUTH/46.7 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 30/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 21.5 SOUTH/44.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  FARI HAS INTENSIFYED INTO SEVERE
    TROPICAL STORM, AND HAS JUST LANDED ON MALAGASY COASTS (SOUTH
    OF MAHANORO).
LAST WARNING ON THE SYSTEM UNLESS ISSUANCE OVER SEAS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.