Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:41:46 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 210341
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI 21 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 21/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..LITTLE CHANGE AS HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE COVERS REGION N OF ITCZ
   W OF 107W WITH A 1029 MB CENTER NEAR 31N136W AND ASSOCIATED
   AXIS SE TO 24N121W THEN 17N107W.
..ANOMALOUS WESTERLY WINDS CONTINUE INTO CENTRAL AMERICA.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 21/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION ALONG IS CENTERED ALONG
8N82W 8N100W 5N120W 7N136W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG WITHIN 30/45 NM OF AXIS W OF 135W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS FROM 123W-129W.  ISOLATED
WEAK/MODERATE FROM 7N-9N BETWEEN 94W-110W.  SMALL CLUSTER OF
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF 6N116W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
TWO CLUSTERS OF MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION ARE PRESENT...WITHIN
60 NM OF 2N92W AND 1N87W.  CONVECTION HAS DIMINISHED ALONG THE
COAST OF COLOMBIA.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.