Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:08:01 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 131200
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 13/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  (HAPE )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : 14.6S/72.2E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 60 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING  UP TO 150 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
 GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 14.9 SOUTH/73.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/74.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  HAPE SHOULD CURVE SOUTHWARDS OVER THE
    NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.