Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:20:24 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 211520
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON 21 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 21/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS THROUGH 32N129W TO 31N139W.
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REMAINDER OF THE PACIFIC N OF
   12N WEST OF 116W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 21/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
7N85W 3N97W 8N115W 7N140W. SCATTERED/NUMEROUS STRONG CONVECTION
300 NM WIDE E OF 79W. SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION
WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS FROM 103W TO 107W AND WITHIN FROM 134W TO
140W NM. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN
100 NM OF AXIS FROM 96W TO 98W AND FROM 107W TO 116W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 90
NM OF COAST OF PANAMA AND EL SALVADOR.

$$
SANDOVAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.