Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 04:48:41 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 230948
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED 23 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 23/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION N OF ITCZ W OF 106W WITH
   RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 30N136W SE TO 16N106W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 23/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
9N104W 8N127W 7N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE IS FROM 6N-8.5N
BETWEEN 123W-129W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
4N116W 5.5N127W AND WITHIN A SIMILAR DISTANCE OF THE ITCZ FROM
80W-95W.  SMALL CLUSTERS OF MODERATE CONVECTION ARE NEAR 9N113W
AND 7N120W.   CLUSTER OF MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION NEAR
7N139W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG MOSTLY S OF PANAMA FROM 5N-8N
BETWEEN 81W-83.5W.  CLUSTERS OF MODERATE CONVECTION ARE WITHIN
60 NM OF 7N79W IN THE GULF OF PANAMA. BROAD MID/UPPER LEVEL
TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE ARIZONA SW TO 26N130W THEN BEYOND
24N140W.  UPPER LEVEL SW FLOW S OF TROUGH AXIS IS ADVECTING
MOSTLY MID/UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE EWD S OF A LINE FROM 12N140W
24N128W 28N115W NEAR PUNTA EUGENIA IN BAJA CALIFORNIA.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.