Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 04:00:11 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 230959
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 23 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 06N170W 02N166W 01N175W 05N179W
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 04N154W 01N163W HAVE MOVED
SOUTHWEST AT 12 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.  NEW ISOLATED
CB/TCU ARE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 09N141W 04N146W.

UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND BOUNDED
BY 19N145W 18N140W 12N140W 10N149W 15N149W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT
AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED
SHOWERS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE
BOUNDED BY 30N178W 30N171W 24N180 29N180.  FEATURE MOVING EAST NEAR
10 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 12S165W 16S166W
16S172W 13S174W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 13S155W 14S147W 14S141W
20S137W 22S138W 17S147W 14S155W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SURFACE LOW/TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF
LINE 18S131W 20S130W 22S131W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND
DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...FIRST SENTENCE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 06S174E
10S177W 13S179W 11S174E HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT...DECREASED IN AREA
AND WEAKENED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.