Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:18:04 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 030317
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC MON 03 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 03/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT CLIPS THE NW CORNER OF
   DISCUSSION AREA THROUGH 31N140W 30N139W 29N140W.
   BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW TO MID LEVEL CLOUDS WITH WIDELY SCATTERED
   SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA WITH RIDGE
   EXTENDING SE FROM 30N130W TO 13N95W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/0230 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
5N90W 4N110W 3N120W 7N130W 8N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION FROM 2N-5N BETWEEN 87W-93W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROAD MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH W OF DISCUSSION AREA IS PRODUCING
AN AREA OF OVERCAST MULTILEVEL CLOUDINESS WITH WIDELY SCATTERED
SHOWERS WITHIN 250 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 10N140W 16N130W AND
300 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N130W TO 27N124W.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.