Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:39:53 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 111540
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI 11 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 11/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N133W AND EXTENDS TO
   BEYOND 27N140W. THE FRONT IS EXPECTED TO WEAKEN DURING THE
   NEXT 6-12 HOURS.
..WEAK HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA N OF
   10N W OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 11/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
THE AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
1N79W 6N89W 6N106W 10N119W 9N130W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60-75 NM OF AXIS FROM
86W-94W... 127W-133W AND W OF 138W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF 6N103.5W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 15 NM
OF LINE 9N86W 8.5N88W 8N90W.

$$
BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.