Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 03:34:43 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 280934
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC FRI 28 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 28/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM NE OF 30N134W SWD TO 15N135W.
   ANTICYCLONIC FLOW IS LOCATED W OF 115W.
..SURFACE TROUGH LIES ALONG BAJA CALIFORNIA FROM 31N115W TO
   21N108W. QUIKSCAT IMAGERY INDICATES A WELL-DEFINED CYCLONIC
   CIRCULATION AROUND THE PENINSULA WITH NLY FLOW ON THE PACIFIC
   SIDE AND SLY FLOW ON THE GULF SIDE.
..TROUGH EXTENDS N FROM THE ITCZ FROM 3N106W TO 15N105W. THERE
   IS LIMITED CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROUGH BUT QUIKSCAT
   IMAGERY SHOWS A WELL-DEFINED CYCLONIC CIRCULATION. SCATTERED
   MODERATE CONVECTION JUST E OF THE AXIS FROM 12N-14N BETWEEN
   101W-104W.
..WEAK 1013 MB HIGH ALONG THE COAST OF MEXICO BETWEEN 15N-20N
   IS CENTERED NEAR 17N102W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/0845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
7N86W 5N101W 7N108W 4N115W 7N130W 7N140W. ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM
4N-7N BETWEEN 84W-87W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 3N-7N
BETWEEN 96W-102W. ISOLATED WEAK TO MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 107W-121W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM
5N-9N BETWEEN 129W-132W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75NM
OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 133W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED CELL OF MODERATE CONVECTION ALONG THE COAST OF
NICARAGUA WITHIN 30NM OF 12N86W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION FROM 10N-12N BETWEEN 98W-101W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.