Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:02:26 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 150000
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 15/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  (HAPE )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.8S/75.3E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 60 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING  UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 19.1 SOUTH/76.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/78.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  DEEP CONVECTION STILL EXISTS ABOVE HAPE'S
    CENTRE. TRACK REMAINS REGULAR SOUTHEASTWARDS. STRONGEST WINDS
    ARE MAINLY IN THE NORTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.