Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:07:11 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 111200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 11/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07  - 1004 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.0S/42.4E
    (TWENTY SIX DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY TWO DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS LOCALY WITHIN 100
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, AND FROM 150 NM TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT NEAR THE CENTRE BUT REACHING
NEAR GALE 30 KT TO LOCALY 35 KT UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 26.5 SOUTH/42.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 27.7 SOUTH/43.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTH OF THE
    SYSTEM ARE DU TO THE GRADIANT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE
    SOUTH. THIS STRONG WINDS ARE FORCASTED TO WEAKEN AS THE
    RESIDUAL LOW IS FILLING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.