Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:16:33 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 061800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/061800Z/071800ZFEB2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/061351ZFEB2003//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/061621ZFEB2003//
NARR/REF A IS TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING AND REF B IS A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 061200Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 14S (FIONA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 12.0S3 108.5E4, APPROXIMATELY 260 NM SOUTH OF JAVA, MOVING
WESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE 55 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW
061500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2
95.8E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10.0S1 92.4E5, APPROXIMATELY 250 NM WEST-
NORTHWEST OF COCOS. ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND
A 061345Z9 SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASS INDICATE
THAT ORGANIZATION AND DEEP CONVECTION HAS DECREASED SIGNIFICANTLY,
AND THE ASSOCIATED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) IS NOW
DIFFICULT TO LOCATE. THE SYSTEM HAS ALSO ENTERED INTO AN AREA OF
DECREASED UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENCE. SEE REF B (WTXS22 PGTW 061630) FOR
INFORMATION ON THE TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
IS NOW POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/INGRAM/WAUGAMAN/EDBERG/DUKES//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.