Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 06:13:31 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 131200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 13/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08  (EX-EBULA )
    1000 HPA
POSITION             : 29.7S/74.7E (TWENTY NINE DECIMAL SEVEN
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : CONVECTION HAS ALMOST DISAPPEARED.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT, AND ROUGH TO
    VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
    UP TO 120 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND UP TO 200 NM IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 30.2 SOUTH/75.2 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 14/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 30.8 SOUTH/75.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS PERSIST DUE TO THE ISOBARIC
    GRADIENT GENERATED BY THE PRESENCE OF SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.
THIS BULLETIN IS THE FINAL WARNING RELATED TO THE SYSTEM 08
    (EX-EBULA), UNLESS RE-INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.