Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 15:51:07 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 262150
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN 26 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 26/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A 1011 MB LOW IS JUST INLAND OVER MEXICO NEAR 22N104W WITH
   A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDING SE ALONG THE COAST TO 16N97W AND
   NW ALONG THE COAST TO 32N113W.
..A 1025 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 31N133W.
..COLD FRONT IS APPROACHING THE NW CORNER OF THE REGION FROM
   A 1022 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 31N140W SW TO BEYOND 27N143W.
   THIS FRONT IS BEGINNING TO WEAKEN.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 26/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
6N85W 6N103W 4N111W 5N123W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
IS WITHIN 75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 125W TO 133W AND WITHIN 75 NM
NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 100W TO 102W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
A MID/UPPER LEVEL LOW IS PRODUCING A LARGE AREA OF
BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS FROM 10N TO 25N BETWEEN 100W
118W.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.