Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:38:11 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 281538
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI 28 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 28/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAK SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 7N140W-16N137W.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE N OF 12N W OF 110W. A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS
   FROM A 1025 MB HIGH NEAR 33N141W SE TO 17N113W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N79W
6N88W 3N96W 7N111W 5N115W 9N128W 6N140W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN
30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 85W-91W. WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS
WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 93W-98W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN
30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 104W-111W. WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND
TSTMS WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 121W-125W. SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 130W-136W.
ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS W OF 139W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION S OF THE PANAMA COAST FROM 6N-8N
BETWEEN 81W-82W. ISOLATED SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH AN UPPER LEVEL
LOW JUST ENTERING THE NRN BORDER OF THE DISCUSSION AREA N OF 29N
BETWEEN 136W-138W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.