Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 09:48:31 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 011548
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT 01 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 01/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE ENTIRE AREA N OF 10N WITH
   EXCEPTION TO A NARROW AREA OF LOW PRESSURE RIGHT ALONG THE
   COAST OF W MEXICO FROM GUADALAJARA NWD TO THE N GULF OF
   CALIFORNIA.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 01/1500 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
4N90W 7N110W 7N120W 5N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
FROM 4N-6N BETWEEN 77W-79W. WEAKENING AREA OF WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 3N-6N BETWEEN 86W-90W.  ISOLATED
MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 5N-8N BETWEEN 101W-108W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
OVERCAST MULTILEVEL CLOUDS WITH WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN
120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 14N112W-24N107W. BROKEN HIGH
CLOUDINESS EXTENDS NEWD OVER CENTRAL MEXICO.

RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.