Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 01:13:58 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 070600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 07/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    960 HPA
    POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.5S/73.5E
        (TWELVE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
    MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  8 KT
    MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM
        RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE WESTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
    HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH TO
PHENOMENAL SEAS
    UP TO 20 NM FROM THE CENTRE,
    STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS UP TO 40 NM FROM THE
        CENTRE.

STORM FORCE 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS UP TO 90 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE.
    NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
        100NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150MN IN THE
    NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
    STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
    FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 13.3
SOUTH/72.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
 FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 14.5 SOUTH/70.7 EAST
  DEVELOPPING.
  OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  KALUNDE IS INTENSIFYING WITH A BUILDING
      EYE, AND KEEPS ON TRACKING SOUTHWESTWARD ON THE NORTHERHN
          EDGE OF HIGH PRESSURES.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.