Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 11:03:59 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 151800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/151800Z/161800ZMAR2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/151353ZMAR2003//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 151200Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 23S (KALUNDE) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 28.7S7 66.2E4, IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN, TRACKING
SOUTHWARD AT 13 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 151500) FOR FINAL WARNING.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED 140 NM NORTH-NORTHEAST
OF DIEGO GARCIA IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES SEMI-PERSISTENT CONVECTION OVER THE PAST
24 HOURS. IMAGERY IS ALSO DEPICTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF MID-LEVEL
CURVATURE AND EQUATORWARD OUTFLOW. THE ENVIRONMENT REMAINS FAVORABLE
FOR CONTINUED CONVECTION DUE TO DIFFLUENCE IN THE UPPER LEVELS AND
WEAK TO MODERATE WIND SHEAR. THE MAX SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.  MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1008
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. RELEASED BY: LT WINGEART, USN.
FORECAST TEAM: WINGEART/GRUBER/LAM/STATEN/ANDERSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.