Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 00:15:44 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 080600
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 08/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 08   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.0S/70.5E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS. STRONG
    GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 11.8 SOUTH/70.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 13.0 SOUTH/71.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE UPPER LEVEL CONDITIONS REMAIN
    FAVORABLE TO INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.