Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 04:14:41 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 121009
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED 12 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 12/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1000 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 24N127W. DISSIPATING
   OCCLUDED FRONT FROM 1003 MB LOW CENTER PRESSURE CENTER
   NEAR 31N129W CURVING TO 34N124W TO 33N121W. DISSIPATING
   STATIONARY FRONT 33N121W TO 30N120W...TO 25N119W...
   TO 20N120W 15N122W AND 11N126W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
   STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120-150 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF
   32N115W 20N118W...AND WITHIN 30-60 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF
   20N118W 15N120W 11N124W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/0930 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N77W 4N89W 6N110W 8N118W AND THEN 9N130W 5N140W.

ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 30-60 NM ON
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 87W AND 88W...BETWEEN 108W AND
112W...AND BETWEEN 117W AND 120W. POSSIBLE SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 80-120 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF REST OF
AXIS.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...DEEP LAYER CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER
NEAR 33N127W..SUPPORTING SURFACE 1003 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER
NEAR 31N129W AND RELATED DISSIPATING SURFACE FRONTAL
BOUNDARIES.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.