Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 03:54:56 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 040954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 04 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
FRONT 325 NM NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AT 0800 UTC MOVING SOUTHEAST 25-30
KT. OTHERWISE...NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT THROUGH 30N159W 18N180 AT 0800 UTC MOVING EAST 40 KT. BROKEN
TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS/CUMULUS/ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 150 NM
NORTH OF FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
WEAK FRONT THROUGH 30S139W 26S146W CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH
24S160W 25S166W. FRONT/SHEAR LINE STATIONARY. BROKEN
CUMULUS/ISOLATED SHOWERS ALONG FRONT/SHEAR LINE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 125 NM OF LINE 11S168W 16S163W MOVED EAST 10 KT
AND WEAKENED.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 125 NM OF LINE 01S173W 09S168W ARE NEARLY
STATIONARY AND INTENSIFIED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.