Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:40:22 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 290940
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 29 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE...THROUGH 30N156W 25N160W 18N170W AND EXTENDING
NORTHEAST CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE THROUGH 13N180 AND EXTENDING
SOUTHWEST. FRONT HAS MOVED SOUTHEAST 10KT ALONG 25N AND SOUTHEAST
SLOWLY NEAR THE DATELINE. OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AND OCCASIONAL CB
WITHIN 160NM OF FRONT NORTH OF 25N AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS
WITHIN 180NM NORTHWEST OF FRONT/SHEARLINE SOUTH OF 25N WITH
OCCASIONAL TCU ALONG SOUTHEAST EDGE OF CLOUD BAND.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 04N140W 03N150W 02N160W 03N170W 03N175W.
OCCASIONAL TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WTIHIN 120NM OF ITCZ AXIS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. SCATTERED
TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 03N178W 02N180.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE CILLA NEAR 22S 166W AT 0822Z HAS NO CB NEAR THE
CENTER AND ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 40NM OF POINT 24S164W
AND ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 18S163W 18S166W...SEE NFFN
ADVISORIES FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CONVERGENCE ZONE...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 80NM OF LINE
16S161W 10S172W 09S178W HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10KT...INTENSIFIED
AND INCREASED IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE CONVERGENCE ZONE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.