Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:45:44 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 220945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 22 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 75 NM OF THE POINT 05N143W. NEW
ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE POINT 01N168W.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE CENTERED NEAR 17S176W HAD NEW ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 45 NM OF THE LINE FROM 18S175W TO 17S173W.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS AND NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 100
NM OF THE LINE FROM 18S172W TO 17S160W TO 19S150W TO 26S140W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 120 NM OF THE POINT 10S172W.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT 19S132W. NEW ISOLATED
CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT 20S135W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE
WITHIN 300 NM OF THE POINT 11S160W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45
NM OF THE POINT 03S176W.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENT FOR THIS
PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE RESPONSES
RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED AS REQUIRED.
PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN 01 MAY 2003 ON YOUR USE OF OR
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO: [email-masked] (ALL LOWER
CASE) OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.