Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 00:18:37 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 150600
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 046/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 15/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KALUNDE )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.6S/66.3E
    (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP FROM THE CENTRE
    BETWEEN 130 NM AND 450 NM ONLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    WESTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 29.3 SOUTH/67.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 16/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 32.0 SOUTH/67.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  KALUNDE IS BECOMMING AN EXTRATROPICAL
    SYSTEM. DUE TO A STRONG NORTHWESTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND
    A HIGH SOUTHEAST OF THE SUSTEM, DEEP CONVECTION AND STRONG
    WINDS EXIST FAR FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.