Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:33:23 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 150933
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT 15 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 15/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM NE OF 32N133W TO BEYOND 26N140W.
   BROKEN LOW CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 90NM OF THE
   FRONT.
..1022 MB HIGH CENTERED NEAR 28N128W WITH A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDING SE TO NEAR 11N100W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 15/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
5N101W 2N115W 2N124W 4N130W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM
3N-6N BETWEEN 89W-92W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 101W-124W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 125W-128W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 3N-5N BETWEEN
130W-132W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 3N-5N BETWEEN 136W-138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG JUST INLAND OF THE COAST OF
COLOMBIA BETWEEN 4N-6N. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF 3N85W.
LARGE AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS NW OF A LINE FROM
16N140W-23N125W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.