Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:59:56 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 092159
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 09 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 09N164W 07N161W 04N163W 02N167W
04N180 06N179W 09N169W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN
AREA AND WEAKENED.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF
30N...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N159W 20N171W 20N173W 30N162W.  FEATURE
MOVING EAST AT 5 TO 10 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE DOVI NEAR 22.1S 169.3W AT 1800 UTC HAS OCCASIONAL
TO FREQUENT CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 22S168W 23S170W...SEE LATEST
BULLETINS FROM RSMC NADI FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ (1)...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
EQ174W 06S171W 09S174W 06S178E 03S177E 02S177W 01S177W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

CZ (2)...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 04S165W 11S154W 21S155W 24S162W
17S167W 08S171W 04S170W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA
AND WEAKENED.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 21S136W 23S131W 25S131W 25S134W 23S137W HAVE MOVED SOUTH
AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 07S179W
12S178W 13S178E 09S176E 07S177E HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 8 KT...INCREASED
IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.