Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:56:55 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 241548
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON 24 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 24/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..ILL DEFINED TROUGH IS EMBEDDED IN THE ITCZ AXIS ALONG 3N108W
   11N104W AND IS STRETCHING THE AXIS N OF 10N.
..A FRONTAL TROUGH IS BARELY EVIDENT ALONG 30N119W 27N128W.
..1027 MB HIGH PRES IS STATIONARY NEAR 29N142W WITH A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDING TO 15N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
4N87W 3N97W 10N106W 7N110W 5N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION NOTED WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 84W-102W AND BETWEEN 107W AND 114W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
TO STRONG CONVECTION OBSERVED WITHIN 180 NM OF 9N104W ASSOCIATED
WITH A NE TO SW ORIENTATED TROUGH EMBEDDED ALONG THE ITCZ AXIS.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED SHOWERS NOTED FROM THE GUATEMALA/EL SALVADOR COAST
WESTWARD TO 12N01W.

$$
NELSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.