Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:38:28 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 140438
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI 14 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 14/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAKENING 1009 MB LOW IS NEAR 27N115W MOVING NE WITH A TROUGH
   EXTENDING SW ALONG 25N115W TO 21N117W.  TROUGH IS BECOMING
   POORLY DEFINED ON SATELLITE PICTURES. HOWEVER...A FEW
   ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE NOTED IN VICINITY OF THE SFC LOW
   APPROACHING COASTAL REGIONS OF THE BAJA PENINSULA FROM
   27N-29N.
..SECOND TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE S TIP OF THE BAJA
   PENINSULA SSW ALONG 20N111W 16N114W TO 11N120W.
   BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 250 NM
   W OF TROUGH.
..HIGH PRESSURE PREVAILS OVER THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA WITH A
   1019 MB HIGH CENTERED NEAR 26N136W AND A RIDGE EXTENDING SE
   TO 23N118W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/0400 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
4N95W 2N110W 5N120W 7N130W 7N140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.