Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:52:26 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 171200

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 17/02/2003
AT 1200 UTC WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 039/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 17/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10  (EX-GERRY )
    1000 HPA
    POSITION             : 26.3S/75.2E (TWENTY SIX DECIMAL THREE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
    MOVEMENT             : EAST  6 KT
    MENACED AREAS        : SYSTEM WITHOUT CONVECTION.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT, AND ROUGH TO
VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO GRADIENT
EFFECT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 18/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 25.8 SOUTH/75.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 18/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: DISSIPATING
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ISSUED ON THIS
SYSTEM UNLESS REINTENSIFICATION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.