Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 05:04:31 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 181004
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC FRI 18 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 18/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW
   NORTH OF 13N WEST OF 112W.
   1032 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 34N141W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/0945 UTC
EAST OF 110W...AND THROUGH 18/0800 UTC WEST OF 110W...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
6N77W 5N90W 4N103W 4N110W...AND 9N110W 8N120W 6N130W 6N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 50-75 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 130W AND 136W.

ISOLATED CELLS OF MODERATE TO STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 40-50 NM RADIUS 4N96.5W...AND WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
6N138W.

ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 90 NM
ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 109W AND 121W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...BROAD HIGH LEVEL ANTICYCLONIC FLOW SOUTH
OF 25N140W CURVING TO 18N130W...NORTH OF THE ITCZ. MIDDLE/UPPER
LEVEL TROUGH FROM 30N119W TO 24N128W TO 20N134W. ISOLATED TO
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/LOCALLY STRONG SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS IN COASTAL WATERS OF PANAMA AND COSTA RICA
FROM 7N TO 9N BETWEEN 82W AND 85W.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.