Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 00:13:22 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 080600
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 08/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 10   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.8S/55.6E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE ESTERN AND WESTERN SECTORS.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION GENERATING WINDS AT 20 TO 25 KT AND ROUGH
    SEAS. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS LOCALLY
    IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 14.9 SOUTH/55.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/54.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS INTENSIFYING AND
    ORGANISING. NEVERTHELESS, THE LLCC IS STILL BADLY DEFINED AND
    HARD TO LOCATE UNDER DEEP CONVECTION. THE SYSTEM SHOULD
    INTENSIFY NORTH OF MASCAREIGNES ISLANDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.