Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/tropical Cyclone Warning//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:07:22 -0600

WTPS33 PGTW 122100 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 24S (CRAIG) WARNING NR 009A CORRECTED
   03 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHPAC
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   121800Z2 --- NEAR 16.3S0 142.0E7
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 140 DEGREES AT 17 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 16.3S0 142.0E7
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   130600Z0 --- 17.0S8 143.2E0
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 090 DEG/ 06 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   131800Z3 --- 17.0S8 144.5E4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
122100Z6 POSITION NEAR 16.5S2 142.3E0.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 24S (CRAIG), LOCATED OVER LAND 220 NM WEST-
NORTHWEST OF CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA, HAS TRACKED SOUTHEAST AT 17 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED 121730Z4
ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS
BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 AND 30 KNOTS.
TC 24S HAS DE-COUPLED IN LATEST ENHANCED INFRARED AND MICROWAVE
IMAGERY, WITH THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) OVER CAPE
YORK, AND THE UPPER-LEVELS STREAMING TO THE SOUTHEAST IN RESPONSE TO
A TUTT CELL OVER SOUTHEAST AUSTRALIA. THE AVAILABLE DYNAMIC AIDS,
CONSISTING OF NOGAPS, GFDN, UKMET OFFICE (EGRR), NCEP AVIATION (AVN)
ARE IN FAIR AGREEMENT WITH THIS DISSIPATION SCENARIO, KEEPING THE
MID AND UPPER LEVEL SYSTEM ON A EAST-SOUTHEAST TRACK INTO THE CORAL
SEA. THIS FORECAST IS BASED ON A CONSENSUS OF THE ABOVE LISTED AIDS.
MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 121800Z2 IS 12 FEET. NEXT
WARNINGS AT 130900Z3. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 22P (ERICA)
WARNINGS (WTPS31 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES. REFER TO TROPICAL
CYCLONE 25P (ESETA) WARNINGS (WTPS32 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDATES. JUSTIFICATION FOR COR: THIS WARNING CORRECTS STORM
NUMBERING AND LETTER DESIGNATOR CONVENTION, FROM 24P TO 24S.
RELEASED BY LT INGRAM, USN.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.