Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:54:44 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 090954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 09 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SHEAR LINE/SURFACE TROUGH...NEW EMBEDDED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE
21N157W 20N163W 10N170W MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 10 KT DURING THE
PAST 6 HOURS.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 05N142W 03N148W 07N154W
MOVED EAST AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.
ISOLATED CB WITH 120 NM OF POINT 05N164W MOVED EAST AT 15 KT WITH A
SLIGHT DECREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH SHEAR LINE/SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE NORTH PACIFIC. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 150 NM OF POINT
17S176W MOVED WEST SOUTHWEST AT LESS THAN 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB...WHICH CROSSED THE DATELINE...
WERE BOUNDED BY 08S179E 08S174W 14S174W 18S176E AND MOVED SLOWLY
EAST SOUTHEAST AND WEAKENED SLIGHTLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.