Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 12:31:32 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 111800
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 11/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (EBULA )
    986 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.3S/70.5E
    (TWENTY SIX DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 28.5 SOUTH/72.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 30.6 SOUTH/75.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EBULA IS NORTHERLY SHEARED, IT CONTINUE
    TO WEAKEN AND TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.