Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 21:29:30 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 080328
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC WED 08 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 08/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A DISSIPATING 1012 MB LOW IS LOCATED OFF THE BAJA PENINSULA
   COAST NEAR 29N118W MOVING NW 10 KT. NO SIGNIFICANT
   CLOUDS/CONVECTION.
..COLD FRONT OVER THE NW PORTION OF AREA EXTENDS THROUGH
   31N131W 25N133W TO BEYOND 20N140W. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW TO MID
   LEVEL CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF
   FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 08/0300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
4N90W 6N100W 7N110W 8N120W 6N130W 4N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 5N-7N BETWEEN 98W-101W AND FROM 6N-10N
BETWEEN 102W-110W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 130W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILEVEL CLOUDINESS WITH WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 10N-20N BETWEEN 103W-115W.  MID/UPPER
LEVEL CLOUDS STREAMING NEWD OVER CENTRAL MEXICO.

RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.