Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 09:44:41 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 221544
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT 22 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 22/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF THE ITCZ W OF
   100W WITH A RIDGE AXIS FROM BEYOND 32N130W 26N117W 18N110W
   12N100W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N83W 4N109W 7N140W.  A CLUSTER OF STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN
60 NM OF 6.5N83W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF
AXIS FROM 106W-111W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
5N122W 4N127W.  AN ISOLATED MODERATE CELL IS NEAR 3N87W AND A
FEW SHOWERS ARE W OF 138W WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.