Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:48:30 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 051542
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC WED MAR 05 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE

BASED ON 05/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING 1018 MB DEEP-LAYERED LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 28N137W
   WITH AN ASSOCIATED TROUGH 29N138W 27N135W 23N138W.  SCATTERED
   SHOWERS N OF 26N WITHIN 90 NM N AND E OF TROUGH.  THE LOW IS
   TO WEAKEN INTO A TROUGH AS IT REMAINS NEARLY STATIONARY FOR
   THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
..TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 30N112W 25N118W 25N125W MOVING S 15-20
   KT. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW TO MID LEVEL CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED
   SHOWERS WITHIN 45 NM OF THE TROUGH E OF 120W ACROSS NRN BAJA
   CALIFORNIA AND THE NRN SEA OF CORTEZ.
..TROUGH EXTENDING N FROM THE ITCZ FROM 2N105W TO 13N102W
   MOVING W 10-15 KT.  CONVECTION CONTINUES WITHIN THE ITCZ
   WITHIN 240 NM W OF THE TROUGH AXIS WITH SCATTERED
   MODERATE CONVECTION NOW FROM 3N-7N BETWEEN 104W-108W AND
   WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 7N TO 10N BETWEEN
   104W-108W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
7N105W 6N120W 7N140W.  EAST OF ABOVE MENTIONED CONVECTION
ISOLATED TSTMS NEAR 5.5N85W AND 6.7N96W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 129W TO 135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.