Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 12:20:50 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/071800Z/081800ZAPR2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/071351ZAPR2003//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 071200Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 26S (INIGO) LOCATED
NEAR 18.3S2 114.8E4, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 245 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF
PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA, HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 11 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 60 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 75 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 071500) FOR FURTHER
INFORMATION.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 24.2S8
41.5E0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 23.6S1 40.6E0, APPROXIMATELY 120 NM WEST
OF THE SOUTHERN TIP OF MADAGASCAR. ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS REVEAL THAT AN UPPER-LEVEL TUTT
CELL HAS DEEPENED DOWNWARD THROUGH THE MID-LEVEL TO THE SURFACE,
WITH A CORRESPONDING WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. CONVECTION
REMAINS UNORGANIZED AND CYCLING. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS DRY AIR
WRAPPING AROUND THE SYSTEM INTO THE CENTER OF THE AREA. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. RELEASED BY: LT INGRAM, USN.
FORECAST TEAM: INGRAM/LAM/STATEN/ANDERSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.