Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 01:26:58 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 130600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 13/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GERRY )
    940 HPA
    POSITION             : 19.4S/58.6E (NINETEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
        SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
        CENTRE IN THE EASTERN AND NORTHERN SECTORS.
HURRICANE 65/90KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS UP TO
50 NM OF THE
    CENTRE.GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
        WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS, UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHERN
 SEMI-CIRCLE.
 NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
     130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM
         IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
 FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 20.4
SOUTH/60.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
 FORECASTED POSITION 14/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 21.5 SOUTH/62.5 EAST
  WEAKENING.
  OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  GERRY KEEPS ON INTENSIFYING IN A
      FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT. ITS TRACKS REMAINS REGULAR.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.