Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/tropical Cyclone Warning//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:01:01 -0600

WTPS31 PGTW 060300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 22P (ERICA) WARNING NR 004
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHPAC
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   060000Z6 --- NEAR 17.6S4 154.2E2
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 310 DEGREES AT 09 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 17.6S4 154.2E2
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   061200Z9 --- 16.9S6 153.8E7
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
060300Z9 POSITION NEAR 17.4S2 154.1E1.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 22P (ERICA), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 450 NM,
EAST OF CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA, HAS TRACKED NORTHWEST AT 09 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 052330Z3 ENHANCED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A RECENT SSMI PASS. THE WARNING
INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30
KNOTS. TC 22P IS EXPECTED TO TRACK FURTHER EQUATORWARD AND DISSIPATE
IN AN ENVIRONMENT OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. THE AVAILABLE
DYNAMIC AIDS, CONSISTING OF NOGAPS, NCEP AVIATION, EGRR, AND
AUSTRALIA'S GLOBAL AND REGIONAL MODELS, ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT WITH
THIS TRACK FORECAST. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 060000Z6 IS
15 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT
TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.