Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:42:02 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 260341
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SAT 26 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 26/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..NEW COLD FRONT HAS ENTERED THE NORTHERN FRINGE OF THE AREA
   AND IS ALONG 33N129W WSW TO 32N140W.
..TROUGH IS ALONG 122W FROM 6N-13N.  A CLUSTER OF SCATTERED
   MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG IS NEAR 9N124W.
..HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE IS SE OF COLD FRONT WITH RIDGE AXIS FROM
   27N129W TO 12N103W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 26/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
9N89W 8N104W 9N111W 9N124W 6N130W 7N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 30/45 NM OF AXIS FROM 80W-88W.  WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE WITH A FEW PATCHES OF STRONG IS FROM 6.5N-9N
BETWEEN 93W-103W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS FROM
105W-112W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45/60 NM OF AXIS FROM
127W-132W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM
133W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 10N96W 10.5N102W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.