Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 10:37:11 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 121537
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT 12 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 12/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..SURFACE TROUGH...REMNANT OF AN OLD COLD FRONT...EXTENDS FROM N
   OF 32N124W TO 25N133W. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW-LEVEL
   STRATUS/STRATOCUMULUS UP TO 300NM NW OF THE TROUGH.
..RIDGE AXIS RUNS S OF THE TROUGH FROM WNW OF 27N140W TO 25N128W TO
   A 1018 MB HIGH NEAR 28N122W. ADDITIONAL RIDGING EXTENDS NE OF THE
   HIGH TOWARDS SRN CALIFORNIA.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N79W 5N88W
3N91W 6N95W 3N103W 2N122W 6N134W 5N140W. DISSIPATING WIDELY
SCATTERED SHOWERS/TSTMS WITHIN 120NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN THE COAST
OF COLOMBIA AND 82W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 150NM N OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 86W-89W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 200NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 90W-99W. ISOLATED WEAK TO MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 102-121W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 5N-10N BETWEEN 128W-135W.
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 45NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 136W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION OFF THE COLOMBIAN COAST FROM 2N-6N
BETWEEN 77W-81W. SCATTERED MODERATE S OF COSTA RICA FROM 6N-9N
BETWEEN 83W-86W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 45NM OF THE COAST OF
GUATEMALA. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 7N-9N BETWEEN 116W-122W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.