Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:24:53 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 110600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 11/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07  - 1004 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.2S/42.7E
    (TWENTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY TWO DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR, FROM 100 NM TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
    CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY EXISTS ALSO DU TO THE FRONT EXTENDING UP
    TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CERCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT NEAR THE CENTRE BUT REACHING
NEAR GALE TO GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SECTOR. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 26.1 SOUTH/42.2 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 27.9 SOUTH/44.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE STRONG WINDS IN THE SOUTH OF THE
    SYSTEM ARE DU TO THE GRADIANT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE
    SOUTH. THIS STRONG WINDS ARE FORCASTED TO WEAKEN RAPIDLY AS
    THE RESIDUAL LOW IS FILLING.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.