Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:43:59 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 100600
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 10/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GERRY )
    994 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.3S/54.8E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 MN
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 100 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
    STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 12.8 SOUTH/54.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 14.0 SOUTH/54.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEME HAS SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIED AT
    THE END OF THE NIGHT, AND HAS JUST BEEN NAMED GERRY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.