Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 09:41:13 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 081540
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT MAR 08 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 08/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..THE WEAK TROUGHS WITHIN THE ITCZ HAVE BECOME INDISTINCT AND
   ARE NO LONGER CONSIDERED SYNOPTIC FEATURES.
..HIGH PRESSURE HAS RETURNED WITH A 1021 MB CENTER NEAR 33N129W
   WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING SE ALONG THE MEXICAN COASTLINE TO
   19N106W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 08/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
4N85W 2N95W 5N110W THEN A BREAK TO 10N110W 6N130W 5N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM
115W-123W.  CLUSTERS OF MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 60-90 NM WIDE
ARE NEAR 3N102W 10N111W 6N127W 5N133W AND 5N140W.  ISOLATED
MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM OF 4N85W AND 4N108W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.