Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:52:30 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 032152
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC THU 03 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 03/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 110W
   WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING THROUGH 32N126W TO 20N111W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W 5N94W
7N105W 12N112W 12N121W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION
IS WITHIN 90 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM THE COAST OF COLOMBIA TO 80W.
CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION ARE WITHIN
90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 104W TO 110W...WITHIN 60/75 NM OF THE AXIS
FROM 112W TO 115W AND FROM 128W TO 137W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 110W TO 112W AND WITHIN
60/75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 120W TO 123W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION ARE WITHIN
45 NM OF 8N FROM 114W TO 120W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.