Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 05:52:47 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 121200
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  (HAPE )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.7S/69.0E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTNORTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 80 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/70 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 16.4 SOUTH/70.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 16.1 SOUTH/72.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THIS SMALL SYSTEM HAS SHOWN SOME SIGNS OF
    WEAKENING DURING THE LAST HOURS, WHITH LESS DEEP CONVECTION
    AND A FILLING EYE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.