Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 00:07:36 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 010600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 036/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 01/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09  (EX-FARI )
    1000 HPA
POSITION             : 33.0S/45.5E (THIRTY THREE DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY FIVE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  18 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 350 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT AND ROUGH TO
    VERY ROUGH SEAS EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 35.0 SOUTH/48.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 37.0 SOUTH/52.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGEST WINDS ARE LOCATED IN THE SOUTH
    OF THE SYSTEM, DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.