Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:54:51 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 251554
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI 25 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 25/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..TROUGH ALONG 120W/121W FROM 6N-13N. SCATTERED MODERATE TO
   STRONG TSTMS ARE WITHIN 90 NM E OF TROUGH AXIS.
..COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 32N121W 28N30W THEN STATIONARY TO
   28N140W. FRONT IS MARKED BY 90 NM WIDE BAND OF BROKEN LOW
   CLOUDS. OVERCAST DECK OF MIDDLE CLOUDS IS N OF 29N W OF 127W.
..HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE E OF COLD FRONT WITH RIDGE AXIS FROM W TO
   E ALONG 25N123W TO 17N107W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
7N87W 5N110W 8N120W 5N127W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG
CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS E OF 79W AND FROM 83W TO 88W AND
120 NM OF AXIS FROM 136W TO 139W. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM
OF AXIS BETWEEN 92W-101W AND 50 NM OF AXIS FROM  122W TO 135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
CLUSTER OF STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 100 NM OF COAST OF PANAMA
NEAR 8N83W SW OF PANAMA. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM
OF COAST OF COSTA RICE. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM EITHER
SIDE OF LINE 11N102W 11N110W.

$$
SANDOVAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.