Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 04:11:56 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 010951
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE 01 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 01/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 20N WEST
   OF 120W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING THROUGH 32N139W TO
   23N120W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 01/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
3N85W 6N98W 8N104W 5N111W 7N120W 4N125W 7N140W. SCATTERED
MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 115W
TO 119W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30/45 NM OF A LINE FROM
7N126W TO THE AXIS NEAR 5N123W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 111W TO
114W...WITHIN 60 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS EAST OF 79W TO THE COAST
OF COLOMBIA...WITHIN 90 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 103W TO
105W...AND WITHIN 90 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 137W TO 140W.
SIMILAR CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 5N104W TO THE
AXIS NEAR 8N106W. CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 150
NM NORTH AND 180 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 120W TO 140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN A 30 NM
RADIUS OF 20.5N116W. BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS COVER THE
AREA FROM THE AXIS TO 20N BETWEEN 96W AND A LINE FROM 8N117W TO
20N111W INCLUDING THE COAST OF MEXICO.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.