Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 10:33:30 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 081533
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC TUE 08 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 08/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1023 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 30N130W WITH RIDGE AXIS SE TO
   SOCORRO ISLAND NEAR 19N111W. A SECOND RIDGE EXTENDS SW FROM
   THE HIGH TO BEYOND 26N140W.
..COLD FRONT IS APPROACHING THE AREA FROM THE NW AND WILL
   ENTER THE NW PORTION OF THE REGION THIS AFTERNOON.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 08/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N78W
5N81W 4N100W 6N105W 5N114W 7N120W 4N134W 6N140W.  NUMEROUS
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75-90 NM OF THE AXIS W OF 136W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75 NM OF THE
AXIS E OF 86W TO THE COAST OF COLOMBIA. SCATTTERED MODERATE IS
WITHIN 45 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 86W-90W AND 96W-98W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 103W-106W...112W-115W...
AND 119W-121W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.