Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 04:00:53 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 031000
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC APRIL 03 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
09N176E 05N178W 01N179E 02N160E 05N163E 07N168E 06N171E 04N173E HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 01N165W 02N162W
01N160W HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 12 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08N152W
07N141W 05N143W 04N148W 05N150W 04N155W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15 KT...
INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...MAINLY...LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N
..ARE BOUNDED BY 30N160W 30N156W 24N158W 20N164W 22N165W 26N160W.
FEATURE NEARLY STATIONARY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.  FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
ISOLATED TCU BOUNDED BY 18N167W 15N169W 16N171W 18N169W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR
INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08S163W 13S148W
17S147W 16S139W 21S138W 24S142W 24S156W 14S155W 10S164W HAVE MOVED
EAST AT 10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

CZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY EQ164E
03S173E EQ176E 05S179W 09S180 10S176W 15S174W 18S178W 15S171E
10S170E 07S171E 09S167E 03S164E 03S161E 01S161E HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.