Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 04:01:54 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 011001
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 01 2003

..NOTE...SATELLITE IMAGERY IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE EAST OF 160W IS
VALID ONLY UP TILL 01/0530 UTC...END NOTE...

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED
SHOWERS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE
BOUNDED BY 30N169W 26N180 30N180.  FEATURE MOVING EAST NEAR 15 KT
ALONG 30N...BUT BECOMES NEARLY STATIONARY SOUTH OF 27N.

CZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE EQUATOR AND
DATELINE ARE BOUNDED BY 01N176E 01N178W 03S168W 08S162W 04S178W
02S176E...HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT IN 12 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA
AND INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 15S165W WITH ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU
WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 15S165W 16S161W HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND
INTENSIFIED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE EQUATOR AND
DATELINE ARE BOUNDED BY 01N176E 01N178W 03S168W 08S162W 04S178W
02S176E...HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT IN 12 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA
AND INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 06S180 11S173W 11S179W 08S178E 12S174E 08S174E HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08S150W 20S157W 18S160W 10S159W HAVE
MOVED SOUTH AT 8 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.  ISOLATED
CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 14S137W 15S133W 21S124W 25S123W 25S126W 22S129W
22S139W 18S137W 18S142W 15S143W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.