Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:20:56 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 150600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND/
SOUTH PACIFIC OCEAN/150600Z/160600ZAPR2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/150151ZAPR2003//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/140751ZAPR2003//
NARR/REF A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 150000Z6, TYPHOON 02W (KUJIRA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
11.4N6 142.3E0, APPROXIMATELY 175 NM SOUTHWEST OF
GUAM, HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 15 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 125 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 150 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 150300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 140600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 27P WAS LOCATED NEAR 16.1S8
175.4W7, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 360 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF SUVA, FIJI,
HAS TRACKED EAST-SOUTHEAST AT 17 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO
45 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTPS31 PGTW 140900) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.2S8
177.2W7 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
1.A.(2) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. RELEASED BY LT BRYANT, USN.
FORECAST TEAM: BRYANT/JACOBS/KLINZMANN/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.