Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 09:42:49 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 071542
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI MAR 07 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 07/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..TROUGH WITHIN THE ITCZ ALONG 4N112W TO 13N111W MOVING W 10 TO
   15 KT. WEAK CENTER OF CIRCULATION NEAR 8N112W.  SEE ITCZ FOR
   RELATED CONVECTION.
..SECOND TROUGH WITHIN THE ITCZ ALONG 4N125W TO 12N124W MOVING
   W 10 TO 15 KT.  WEAK MIDDLE LEVEL TO LOW LEVEL CENTER OF
   CIRCULATION NEAR 6N125W. SEE ITCZ FOR RELATED CONVECTION.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE N OF 15N WITH A RIDGE EXTENDING FROM A
   1022 MB HIGH NEAR 35N134W SE TO 20N115W AND SW TO BEYOND
   30N140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 07/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
4N100W 9N110W 5N120W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 45 NM OF 2N79.3W.  ISOLATED TSTM NEAR 3.7N77.7W AND
4N94.9W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN
45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 9.5N110.9W TO 7N113.9W. ISOLATED TSTM
5.9N116.9W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 5N TO 8.5N
FROM 120W TO 128W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.