Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:39:51 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 151539
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT 15 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 15/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT FROM BEYOND 32N1256W SW THROUGH 29N134W THEN
   DISSIPATING TO BEYOND 25N140W.  FRONT IS MARKED BY
   BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS FOR ABOUT 120 NM BEHIND FRONT.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW S OF THE COLD FRONT
   WITH A RIDGE AXIS ALONG 19N140W TO 25N118W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 15/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
9N84W 3N102W 6N113W 7N126W 6N140W.  NUMEROUS MODERATE/STRONG IS
S OF COSTA RICA FROM 5N-9N BETWEEN 83W-86W.  ISOLATED MODERATE
IS WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 90W-105W AND WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
2N108W 3N119W 9N119W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE IS WITHIN 120 NM
OF 6N113W.  A CLUSTER OF MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS ON THE
COAST OF COLOMBIA NEAR 5N77W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.