Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:55:34 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 202155
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC THU 20 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 20/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT FROM 1006 MB LOW PRESSURE IN N-CENTRAL ARIZONA/
   THROUGH 32N111W 30N110W 25N111W 21N118W 20N128W.  COLD FRONT
   IS DISSIPATING W OF 118W.  SCATTERED TO BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS
   CLOUDS BEHIND THE FRONT.  FRONT IS WEAKENING OVER LAND.
..1032 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 35N139W WITH A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDING BEHIND THE FRONT TO 30N130W SE TO 26N121W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/2130 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
5N90W 3N104W 6N140W.  ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM
95W-108W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS ARE BEING ADVECTED INTO THE AREA FROM AN
UPPER LOW E OF HAWAII N OF 18N W OF 128W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.