Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 09:36:52 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 111536
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT 11 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 11/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A COLD FRONT HAS NOSED INTO THE NW PORTION OF AREA THROUGH
   32N136W TO BEYOND 28N141W.
..A 1020 MB HIGH IS AHEAD OF THE FRONT NEAR 27N126W.  ONE RIDGE
   AXIS LIES JUST OFFSHORE OF BAJA CALIFORNIA WITH ANOTHER AXIS
   EXTENDING SW FROM THE HIGH CENTER TO 23N133W THEN WSW BEYOND
   22N140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 11/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N105W 5N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 75
NM OF 5N100W...4N79W AND 6N105W.   ISOLATED WEAK/MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 107W-113W AND 88W-98W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MID/UPPER CLOUDS WITH SOME ISOLATED SHOWERS
ARE STREAMING INTO SW MEXICO WITHIN 175 NM OF A LINE FROM
13N111W TO 22N105W.

BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.