Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:49:13 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 111549
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC TUE 11 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 11/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..THE FIRST SIGNIFICANT LOW OF THE SEASON HAS FORMED WITH A 998
   MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 26N130W. AN OCCLUDED FRONT
   EXTENDS N TO 30N130W THEN CURVES CLOCKWISE ALONG 31N129W
   32N125W 31N125W TO 25N120W.  FRONT BECOMES COLD S OF 25N TO
   14N125W WHERE IT BECOMES STATIONARY TO 8N132W.  THE CENTER OF
   THE LOW SHOWS UP IN IR IMAGES AS A LOW-CLOUD SWIRL.  AN ARC
   OF BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTI-LEVEL CLOUDINESS STRETCHES MOSTLY
   AHEAD OF THE FRONT IN A 300 NM WIDE SWATH.  WIDELY SCATTERED
   MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 14N123W 30N115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 11/1500 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N106W 4N108W 11N127W 5N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM
OF AXIS FROM 120W-129W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS
E OF 79W AND BETWEEN 100W-118W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.