Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:50:58 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 142147
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC MON 14 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 14/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT ENTERS AREA NEAR 32N119W SW ALONG 25N123W TO
   21N133W. FIELD OF STRATOCUMULUS IS NOW MORE WIDELY SCATTERED
   WITH THE MOST CLOUD COVERAGE W OF 130W.  ISOLATED SHOWERS
   ALONG THE FRONT E OF 125W.
..TROUGH AHEAD OF THE COLD FRONT HAS DISSIPATED.
..SMALL 1020 MB HIGH CENTER IS NEAR 22N120W WITH A NARROW RIDGE
   EXTENDING E TO 22N108W.
..RIDGING FROM DISTANT HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE AREA NW OF THE
   COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N81W
4N93W 7N102W 5N117W 3N127W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION FROM 3N-6N BETWEEN 119W-122W AND 124W-126W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM OF AXIS FROM 102W-114W.
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF 5N87W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE/STRONG CELL NEAR 10N128W.  ISOLATED MODERATE
WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 11.5N123W 11N132W.  ISOLATED SHOWERS NEAR
10N95W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.