Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:42:25 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 192142
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED 19 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 19/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BACK TO STATUS QUO IN THE EAST PAC WITH HIGH PRESSURE
   COVERING THE AREA W OF 105W N OF 10N AND A RIDGE AXIS ALONG
   29N128W SE THROUGH SOCORRO ISLAND TO 16N104W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 19/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
5N86W 3N98W 2N117W 7N130W 4N140W.  CLUSTERS OF MODERATE
CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF 4N126W AND 8N129W.  A FEW SHOWERS
ARE NEAR 5N86W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
A MID/UPPER LEVEL LOW JUST E OF HAWAII IS PRODUCING HIGH
CLOUDINESS OVER THE W PORTION OF THE AREA FROM 14W-30W W OF 125W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.