Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:34:38 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 080934
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT MAR 08 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 08/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..TROUGH WITHIN THE ITCZ FROM 4N116W TO 13N115W MOVING W 10-15
   KT. THE TROUGH HAS PULLED ALL ITCZ CLOUDS AND CONVECTION TO
   THE N WITH WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 7N-10N
   BETWEEN 114W-118W.
..SECOND TROUGH WITHIN THE ITCZ FROM 2N127W TO 12N127W MOVING W
   10-15 KT. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION PRIMARILY E OF THE
   AXIS FROM 5N-9N BETWEEN 122W-125W.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE N OF 15N EXTENDING FROM A 1022 MB HIGH
   NEAR 34N129W. A RIDGE EXTENDS FROM THE HIGH SE TO 20N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 08/0845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
2N83W 5N87W 2N96W 9N116W 5N130W 5N140W. ISOLATED CELL OF
MODERATE CONVECTION ALONG THE COLOMBIAN COAST WITHIN 30NM OF
5N77W. ISOLATED CELL OF MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30NM OF
2N83W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
98W-105W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 114W-127W...ENHANCED BY TWO SURFACE TROUGHS. ISOLATED
MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 128W-139W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30NM OF A LINE FROM
11N108W TO 10N112W. ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM 21N-24N W OF 139W
ASSOCIATED WITH A SURFACE TROUGH W OF THE DISCUSSION AREA.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.