Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:23:16 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 140000
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 041/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 14/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KALUNDE )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.0S/64.7E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR
    DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO  240 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 26.0 SOUTH/64.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 27.9 SOUTH/63.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXTENDS FAR IN THE SOUTH DUE
    TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.
    CONVECTION IS POORLY ORGANIZED. CENTRE IS DIFFICULT TO
    PRECISELY LOCATE ON THE IR IMAGERY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.