Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:57:28 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 151800
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 032/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 15/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GERRY )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.8S/68.6E
    (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT
    DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER LOCALLY EXISTS BETWEEN 100
    NM AND  500 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 REACHING LOCALLY 40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200
    NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN AND EASTERN QUADRANTS.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM
    IN THE SOUTHWESTERN AND EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLES. STRONG GUSTS
    UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 28.6 SOUTH/70.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 29.3 SOUTH/71.4 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  GERRY IS STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY WIND
    SHEARED, STRONGEST WINDS ARE PRESENT FAR ;FROM THE CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.