Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 03:55:02 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 260954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 26 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
EAST-NORTHEAST TO WEST-SOUTHWEST FRONTAL CLOUD BAND REMNANT ACROSS
THE BIG ISLAND CONTINUES TO  DISSIPATE. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT THROUGH 30N170W 20N170E MOVING EAST 25-30 KT EXPECTED TO SLOW.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS/ISOLATED TCU WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT NORTH
OF 24N. BROKEN CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT SOUTH OF
24N.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 01N166W 05N180 MOVED
WEST-SOUTHWEST 10 KT AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
DISTURBANCE NEAR 15S177E MOVING SOUTHEAST SLOWLY.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT THROUGH 21S180 25S171W MOVING EAST 15 KT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST
LAYERS/ISOLATED CB ALONG FRONT.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
FEW ISOLATED CB IN THE VICINITY. OTHERWISE NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

ELSEWHERE...
TROUGH THROUGH 16S157W 25S140W MOVING SOUTH SLOWLY. BROKEN
LAYERS/ISOLATED CB WITHIN 80 NM OF TROUGH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.