Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:33:08 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 140333
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI 14 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 14/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAKENING COLD FRONT IS IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE REGION
   THROUGH 32N129W TO BEYOND 25N140W.
..A 1017 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 27N123W. ANOTHER 1016 MB
   HIGH NEAR 21N140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/0330 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
3N100W 6N110W 7N123W 5N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE SHOWERS
AND POSSIBLE ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE WITHIN 120-150 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 110W AND 118W.

SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED WITHIN A
45-60 NM RADIUS OF 9.5N121W. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 30-45 NM RADIUS OF 6.5N104W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG THUNDERSTORMS ALONG THE COAST OF
COLOMBIA FROM 1N TO 4N.

$$
COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.