Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 03:58:51 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 190958
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 19 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N143W 25N152W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N HAS MOVED
EAST SOUTHEAST AT 30 KNOTS. OCCASIONAL TCU...VERY ISOLATED CB AND
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 60NM OF FRONT.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 02N172W 02N180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF THE
DATELINE. ISOLATED CB TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 03N176W
02N180 HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND INTENSIFIED IN THE PAST
12 HOUR.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA. FOR DETAILS
SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CONVERGENCE ZONE...AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 07S159W 11S149W
12S127W 20S120W 19S142W 07S159W HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND
WEAKENED.

FRONT/CONVERGENCE ZONE...FRONT THROUGH 25S138W 20S148W 18S160W AND
EXTENDING SOUTHEAST CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE THROUGH 17S164W. FRONT
HAS MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10KT. ISOLATED TCU AND OVERCAST LOW AND
MIDDLE CLOUDS WITHIN 40NM OF FRONT/SHEARLINE WITH NEW ISOLATED CB
ALONG FRONT BETWEEN 155W AND 159W..

SHEARLINE...THROUGH 19S141W 17S158W 10S172W. OCCASIONAL TCU AND
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 30NM OF SHEARLINE. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE
FORMED WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 18S143W 19S146W.

TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH 25S170W 22S180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF DATELINE.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MIDDLE AND HIGH CLOUDS WITHIN 120NM OF TROUGH
AXIS. VERY ISOLATED CB WITHIN 35NM OF LINE 22S171W 20S177W HAVE
MOVED NORTHEAST SLOWLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS AND BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS
OVER AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 40NM OF POINT 16S161W.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.