Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 01:59:07 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 120600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 12/02/2003
AT 0600 UTC WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GERRY )
    975 HPA
    POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.5S/54.7E
        (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
    MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  7 KT
    MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 100 NM
        RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM
FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE NORTHWESTERN AND NORTHERN SECTORS.
    STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE. GALE
FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
        NORTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
        NORTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/55.7 EAST
DEVELOPPING. FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 18.4
SOUTH/58.1 EAST  DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  GERRY IS NOW TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD, BUT
    IT HAS NOT INTENSIFIED YET.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.