Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:59:53 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 112155
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC TUE 11 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 11/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COMPLEX SYSTEM IS IN THE NORTHEAST PORTION OF THE REGION
   WITH A 1000 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 25N130W WITH A SURFACE
   TROUGH EXTENDING NORTH TO A 1006 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR
   32N127W. A DISSIPATING OCCLUDED FRONT EXTENDS FROM THE
   1006 MB LOW SOUTH TO 30N120W WHERE THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY
   CONTINUES AS A STATIONARY FRONT ALONG 22N120W TO 10N129W.
   A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE 1000 MB LOW SOUTH TO
   16N132W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 11/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
4N90W 5N110W 10N124W 5N140W. SEE BELOW.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS/
THUNDERSTORMS COVERS THE AREA WITHIN 175/200 NM OF A LINE FROM
8N122W ACROSS THE AXIS ALONG 15N123W 22N118W ACROSS THE BAJA
PENINSULA TO OVER MEXICO NEAR 29N112W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.