Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:49:47 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 052149
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 05 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE...THE LEADING EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND IS
ALONG LINE 30N165W 24N171W 21N178W. THIS BAND OF MAINLY BROKEN LOW
CLOUDS IS 25 TO 150 MILES WIDE...ALTHOUGH THE WIDEST PORTION NORTH
OF 29N HAS BROKEN MULTI LAYER CLOUDS THAT IS MERGING WITH
THUNDERSTORMS TO ITS EAST. THE COLD FRONT IS MOVING TOWARDS THE
EAST AT 15 KNOTS ALONG 30N...AND THE SHEAR LINE IS MOVING TOWARDS
THE SOUTHEAST AT 15 KNOTS.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED IN AN AREA
BOUNDED BY 30N167W 30N161W 26N160W 24N164W 30N167W. THE CB ARE
BEING ENHANCED BY DIVERGENT FLOW AHEAD OF A MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH
ALONG 170W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE AND SURFACE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED WITHIN 50 NM OF LINE 30N155W
28N157W.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY FREQUENT CB BOUNDED BY
10S168W 14S166W 13S170W 10S168W MOVED WEST AT 15 KNOTS...INTENSIFIED
AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 100 NM
OF LINE 12S180 09S173W 12S169W MOVED LITTLE...INTENSIFIED AND
CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED
WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 10S161W 16S152W 23S154W 17S167W 10S161W.

CZ...ISOLATED CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE
24S122W 22S132W 25S144W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SURFACE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 16S171W 22S173W 19S178W 16S171W MOVED
NORTHEAST AT 15 KNOTS...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED
CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 01S170W 07S173W
02S176W 01S170W.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.