Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:59:20 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 110959
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC APRIL 11 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 25N168W 23N163W 21N165W
21N175W 25N170W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 24N152W
21N153W 20N159W 22N162W 24N157W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 11N175W 09N170W 09N166W
HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 09N150W 05N152W
HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.  ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W
AND WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 05N140W 05N141W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY
FOR 9 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH...SECOND SENTENCE.
FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH...BOTH SENTENCES.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT
CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 11N175E 07N177W 04N178E 08N170E
HAVE MOVED EAST AT 12 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE
DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 02S171E 05S178E 05S173W 09S169W 16S170W
14S176W 18S180 13S171E 10S173E 05S168E HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 11S162W 13S159W
16S143W 21S135W 22S145W 18S157W 14S163W 11S165W HAVE MOVED EAST AT
10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 01S124W 04S123W 05S120W HAVE
MOVED WEST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.