Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 09:45:14 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 161545
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 16 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 16/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A DISSIPATING COLD FRONT STRETCHES ACROSS THE NORTHERN PART
   OF THE AREA FROM BAJA CALIFORNIA NEAR 31N116W SW THROUGH
   24N125W 21N135W BEYOND 20N140W. SCATTERED COLD-AIR
   STRATOCUMULUS ARE BEHIND THE FRONT BECOMING MORE BROKEN W OF
   130W.
..RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE IS S OF THE COLD FRONT FROM THE
   SOUTHERN TIP OF BAJA CALIFORNIA WSW TO 20N125W TO BEYOND
   19N139W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 16/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N82W
5N103W 3N113W 7N124W 2N135W 5N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN
45 NM OF 86W FROM 5N-9N.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30/45 NM
OF AXIS FROM 100W-105W AND 116W-120W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN
45 NM OF AXIS FROM 82W-84W...88W-97W AND 122W-135W.  SIMILAR
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS FROM 105W-114W AND W OF 138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.