Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:25:02 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 101200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 10/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GERRY )
    991 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.8S/54.6E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : ALMOST STATIONNARY
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 MN
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN
    THE NORTHWESTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 12.8 SOUTH/54.4 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 14.4 SOUTH/54.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEME HAS SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIED, AND
    IS EXPECTED TO TRACK SOUTHWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.