Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:55:06 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 030954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 03 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS WITHIN 125 NM OF LINE EQ170W
05N160W 07N140W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN THIS BAND WEST OF 160W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
WEAK FRONT THROUGH 30N161W 25N170W CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH
22N180. SCATTERED TO BROKEN CUMULUS ALONG FRONT/SHEAR LINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LOW NEAR 15S144W MOVING NORTHWEST 5 KT. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 240
NM OF LOW CHANGED LITTLE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
TROUGH THROUGH 05S176W 10S164W 25S163W NEARLY STATIONARY. BROKEN
LAYERS/ISOLATED CB WITHIN 150 NM OF TROUGH NORTH OF 15S AND WITHIN
85 NM OF TROUGH SOUTH OF 15S.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.