Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:40:39 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 240940
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON 24 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 24/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 3N106W TO 12N100W. CONVERGENCE ALONG THE
   TROUGH AXIS IS ENHANCING CONVECTION JUST TO THE N OF THE ITCZ
   WITH SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 7N-11N BETWEEN
   101W-107W.
..DYING COLD FRONT IS ALONG THE NRN EDGE OF THE DISCUSSION AREA
   FROM NE OF 32N122W TO 29N128W TO 29N132W...CONTINUING NW AS A
   STATIONARY FRONT.
..RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM W OF 27N140W TO 18N116W WITH HIGH
   PRESSURE N OF 10N AND W OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N79W
5N84W 3N95W 9N118W 5N128W 5N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 84W-94W...98W-103W...
AND 106W-112W. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS WITHIN 30NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 112W-124W. DISSIPATING WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND
TSTMS FROM 1N-9N BETWEEN 125W-134W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
WITHIN 45NM OF THE AXIS W OF 135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED SHOWERS MOVING S OFF THE GUATEMALA/EL SALVADOR COAST N
OF 11N BETWEEN 87W-92W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.