Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:40:16 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 122140
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED 12 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 12/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A WEAKENING 1007 MB LOW IS NEAR 24N125W WITH A TROUGH
   EXTENDING S TO 20N128W. THE MAIN 1002 MB LOW IS CENTERED
   NEAR 33N126W WITH A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDING ALONG 27N117W
   18N117W TO 8N128W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
3N100W 4N109W 10N122W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 120 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 136W TO 140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS/
THUNDERSTORMS ARE AHEAD OF THE SURFACE TROUGH WITHIN 120/150 NM
OF A LINE FROM 11N120W TO 20N115W. SIMILAR CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED
SHOWERS/ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO AHEAD OF THE SURFACE
TROUGH WITHIN 150/200 NM OF A LINE FROM 20N115W TO BEYOND
32N114W INCLUDING THE BAJA PENINSULA...NORTHWEST MEXICO...TO
INLAND OVER THE WEST UNITED STATES.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.