Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 06:05:06 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 161200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 051/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 16/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14  (EX-KALUNDE
    )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : 35.5S/67.5E (THIRTY FIVE DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT
    1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  19 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP 500 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 38.5 SOUTH/69.3 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 17/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 40.7 SOUTH/72.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THS SYSTEM KEEPS ON QUICKLY TRACKING
    SOUTHWARDS. STRONG WINDS EXTENDS FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTRE IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. FINAL WARNING WTIO20 ISSUED ON
    THIS SYSTEM, NOW MONITORED VIA WARNINGS FQIO20.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.