Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:01:25 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 162200
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 16 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08N172W 04N157W 02N160W 02N165W
05N174W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSIFIED.

UPPER LOW...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 28N165W 24N165W 24N168W
26N169W 28N168W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER LOW.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 10S180 15S177W 14S180 11S176E 10S177E HAVE MOVED NORTH AT
5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

SURFACE TROUGH/FRONT (1)...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE
16S177W 24S170W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.

SURFACE TROUGH/FRONT (2)...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S
AND WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 18S136W 19S129W 21S124W 25S120W HAVE MOVED
NORTHEAST AT 10 KT IN 12 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 09S159W 12S160W 13S166W 10S170W
HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.