Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:43:49 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 261743
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT 26 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 26/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..TROUGH ORIENTED FROM NE TO SW LIES ALONG 12N125W 3N130W
   WITH A 1011 MB LOW NEAR 11N125W.  THE TROUGH/LOW HAS BEEN
   SUSTAINING STRONG CONVECTION FOR SEVERAL HOURS AS IT MOVES W
   10-15 KT. HOWEVER...THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF DEVELOPMENT
   NUMEROUS STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE
   6N132W-7N128W-12N124W.
..ELSEWHERE HIGH PRESSURE CONTROLS THE AREA N OF 12N W OF 105W
   WITH A RIDGE AXIS ALONG 30N140W 29N130W 27N125W 20N120W
   12N105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 26/1530 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
9N96W 8N100W 11N120W 5N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION FROM 5N-7N BETWEEN 84W-87W AND FROM 8N-10N BETWEEN
93W-96W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 5N-10N BETWEEN 100W-106W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS
FROM 132W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
STRONG UPPER LEVEL WLY FLOW BETWEEN 15N-25N IS ADVECTING A
COPIOUS PLUME OF MID/UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE EWD OVER THE S BAJA
PENINSULA AND INTO CENTRAL MEXICO.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.