Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:48:20 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 211900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND/
SOUTH PACIFIC OCEAN REISSUED/211900Z/220600ZAPR2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/210151ZAPR2003//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 210000Z3, TYPHOON 02W (KUJIRA) WAS LOCATED NEAR 18.3N2
124.6E3, APPROXIMATELY 425 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF TAIPEI, TAIWAN, HAS
TRACKED NORTHWEST AT 06 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 100 KNOTS GUSTING TO 125
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 210300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 7.0N7 156.0E2,
APPROXIMATELY 145 NM WEST OF POHNPEI. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY
REVEALS AN AREA OF PERSISTENT CONVECTION. RECENT QUICKSCAT PASSES
SHOW A GOOD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EMBEDDED IN THE NEAR
EQUATORIAL TROUGH. ANALYSIS OF UPPER AIR SHOWS THAT THIS SYSTEM IS
IN THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT OF THE UPPER RIDGE AND EXISTS IN A
FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT OF WEAK VERTICAL SHEAR AND A POINT SOURCE
ALOFT. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1008 MB.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED PARA 2.B.(1)
4. RELEASED BY CAPT LEEJOICE, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/GRUBER/HEATH/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.