Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:32:42 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 272132
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN 27 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 27/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF
   105W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 27N140W 24N125W
   12N102W.
..TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE ITCZ NEAR 8N137W TO NEAR 13N131W.
   ALL SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS FEATURE HAS
   DISSIPATED.
..TAIL END OF COLD FRONT BRUSHES THE NRN PART OF THE DISCUSSION
   AREA FROM 31N135W TO NE OF 32N130W. BROKEN LINE OF CUMULUS/
   STRATOCUMULUS EXTENDS WITHIN 30NM OF THE ACTUAL FRONT...WITH
   ADDITIONAL SCATTERED/BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS TO THE N.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
6N84W 6N93W 9N100W 7N120W 12N128W 7N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 120NM OF THE AXIS...S OF
PANAMA...BETWEEN THE COLOMBIAN COAST AND 87W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE FROM 6N-9N BETWEEN 91W-94W. NUMEROUS MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 120NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 97W-112W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 150NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 112W-118W
AND 121W-123W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NUMEROUS MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED OVER
PANAMA WITH SOME CELLS DRIFTING OVER THE COASTAL WATERS. THE
SUBTRPCL JET REMAINS QUITE ACTIVE WITH UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE
STREAMING WITHIN 300NM OF A LINE FROM 20N125W TO SRN BAJA
CALIFORNIA AND NRN MEXICO.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.