Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 06:08:10 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 121200
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GERRY )
    967 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.2S/55.3E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE WESTERN AND NORTHERN SECTORS.
HURRICANE 65KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.STORM FORCE
    WINDS 50KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS UP TO 30NM OF THE CENTRE
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 55NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120NM IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/56.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 19.8 SOUTH/57.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSIFICATION WHITH THE FORMATION OF AN
    EYE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.