Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:55:07 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 020954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 02 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH ALONG LINE 20N140W 14N150W MOVING EAST 12 KT. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST CLOUD LAYERS/ISOLATED TCU/CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 17N144W
20N140W. BROKEN CUMULUS WITHIN 80 NM OF LINE 14N151W 17N144W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
WEAK FRONT THROUGH 25N180 30N169W MOVING EAST 10 KT. BROKEN CUMULUS
ALONG FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH THROUGH 04S180 13S165W 25S163W NEARLY STATIONARY. BROKEN
LAYERS/ISOLATED CB WITHIN 150 NM OF TROUGH NORTH OF 13S AND WITHIN
85 NM OF TROUGH SOUTH OF 13S.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.