Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 21:34:27 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 050334
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SAT 05 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 05/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 18N WEST OF 115W
   WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING THROUGH 32N136W TO 22N116W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W 7N88W
4N97W 7N105W 4N118W 7N130W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 92W TO 94W. SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF THE AXIS 84W
TO 88W AND WITHIN 45 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 129W TO 134W.
CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 90/120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
101W TO 109W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30/45 NM OF
THE AXIS FROM 136W TO 139W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30/45 NM OF A LINE
FROM 10N121W TO 9N125W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 9N116W TO 8N119W. BROKEN
HIGH CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 175/225 NM OF A LINE FROM 17N120W ALONG
15N130W TO BEYOND 14N140W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.