Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:35:18 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 222135
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT 22 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 22/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF THE ITCZ W OF
   110W WITH A RIDGE AXIS FROM BEYOND 32N130W 26N117W 18N110W
   20N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N83W  4N110W  4N125W  6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 82W AND 85W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
107W AND 110W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF
AXIS BETWEEN 123W AND 127W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FROM 10N TO 11N BETWEEN 136W
AND 137W.

$$
FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.