Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:23:35 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 090600
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 09/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 08  (EBULA )
    986 HPA
POSITION             : 14.9S/71.0E (FOURTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN AND
    NORTHERN SECTORS AND UP TO 260 NM IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 16.3 SOUTH/71.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/70.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE ARRIVING IN THE SOUTH OF EBULA OF A
    TROUGH SHOULD MAINTAIN ITS SOUTHWARD TRACK FOR THE NEXT 24
    HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.