Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 04:00:01 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 070959
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 07 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 05N171W 01N167W 01N179W 05N177W
HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.  ISOLATED
CB/TCU WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 04N159W 03N164W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN
45 NM OF LINE 06N150W 04N155W HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT IN 12 HOURS
AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 01S180 04S175W 01S168W 03S166W
06S170W 06S177W 04S180 HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA
AND WEAKENED.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 12S156W 15S145W 18S139W 25S137W 25S148W 17S148W 14S157W
HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 10S171W 11S167W 16S172W 14S175W HAVE
MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 06S178W 10S179W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 9 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.