Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 12:12:52 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 091800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 09/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (EBULA )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.7S/71.0E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 2000 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 18.4 SOUTH/69.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 21.0 SOUTH/67.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EBULA KEEPS ON PROGRESSIVELY
    INTENSIFYING. IT SHOULD TRACK SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARDS IN THE
    NEXT HOURS AS THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES PROPAGATE IN THE
    SOUTH, AND THEN SOUTHWARDS BEYOND 24 HOURS AS A TROUGH
    ARRIVES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.