Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:54:49 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 160954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 16 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF POINT 02N144W MOVED WEST
SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO
LOCALLY OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 05N157W 05N169W MOVED
WEST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 120 NM OF POINT 06N180 MOVED WEST NORTHWEST AT ABOUT 05 KT...
WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FIRST SURFACE FRONT/SHEAR LINE...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
19S125W 22S120W 25S117W MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 05 KT WITH A SLIGHT
INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED
BY 17S137W 18S132W 23S134W 21S141W MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10 KT...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SECOND SURFACE FRONT/SHEAR LINE...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE
22S150W 25S144W 27S140W MOVED NORTHEAST AT ALMOST 10 KT WITH A
SLIGHT DECREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

SURFACE FRONT/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO LOCALLY OCCASIONAL CB...
WHICH EXTENDED ACROSS THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
16S179W 22S180 16S167E 13S175E AND HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF POINT 02S122W WERE NEARLY STATIONARY
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY
FREQUENT CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 10S156W 10S148W 13S154W WERE
NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED
CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 06S173W 04S174W MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...
WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.