Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 09:42:20 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 231542
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 23 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 23/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT LIES ON THE NW BORDER OF THE AREA AND EXTENDS FROM
   BEYOND 32N137W TO BEYOND 30N140W.  OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS MARK
   THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY FOR ABOUT 90 NM BEHIND THE FRONT.
..HIGH PRESSURE PREVAILS E OF THE FRONT WITH RIDGE AXIS ALONG
   28N139W-26N129W-21N114W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 23/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N81W
5N88W 5N130W 6N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS
FROM 118W-129W.  A SMALL MODERATE CELL IS NEAR 4N86W.  A FEW
SHOWERS ARE W OF 130W WITHIN 45/60 NM OF AXIS.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED WEAK CONVECTION IS N OF THE ITCZ FROM 8N-10N BETWEEN
133W-139W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.