Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:15:43 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 222215
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC TUE 22 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 22/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION N OF 10N W OF 110W WITH RIDGE
   AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 28N140W TO 20N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/2130 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N77W
8N95W 10N105W 8N120W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM
5N-9N BETWEEN 82W-90W INCLUDING PORTIONS OF COSTA RICA. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 4N-9N BETWEEN 120W-130W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 5N-10N BETWEEN 130W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION N OF 6N E OF 80W INCLUDING E
PANAMA. BROAD MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS FROM S CALIFORNIA
TO NEAR HAWAII. STRONG UPPER LEVEL SW FLOW TO THE SOUTH IS
ADVECTING MID/UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE EWD OVER THE S BAJA PENINSULA
AND CENTRAL MEXICO.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.