Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:26:47 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 151800
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 048/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 15/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14  (EX-KALUNDE
    )
    997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 29.3S/66.2E
    (TWENTY NINE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX
    DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FAR FROM THE CENTRE
    AND EXTENDS UP BETWEEN 150 NM AND 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE ONLY
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 30.5 SOUTH/66.3 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 16/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 33.5 SOUTH/67.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  A WIDE AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION STILL
    EXISTS FAR FROM THE CENTRE SOUTHERN OF IT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.