Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:32:07 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 120932
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED 12 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 12/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 16N WEST OF 120W
   WITH A 1022 MB HIGH CENTERED NEAR 31N129W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/0845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
7N86W 4N93W 4N107W 6N122W 5N130W 8N140W. SCATTERED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 94W TO 97W.
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION COVERS THE
REMAINDER OF THE AREA WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 93W TO
98W...WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 117W TO 129...AND WITHIN
90/105 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 98W TO 101W. CLUSTERS OF
SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 87W TO 93W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS
COVERS THE AREA FROM THE ITCZ AXIS TO 30N...WEST 120W...AND E OF
A LINE FROM 30N133W 18N136W TO BEYOND 14N140W IN ASSOCIATION
WITH UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENT FLOW JUST EAST OF AN UPPER LEVEL
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.