Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:21:53 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 130600
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 13/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08  (EX-EBULA )
    1000 HPA
POSITION             : 28.9S/74.3E (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : CONVECTION HAS ALMOST DISAPPEARED.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS EXTENDING UP
    TO 100 NM IN THE EASTERN QUADRANT AND SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND UP TO 240 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 29.5 SOUTH/75.2 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 14/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 30.2 SOUTH/75.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS PERSIST DUE TO THE ISOBARIC
    GRADIENT GENERATED BY THE PRESENCE OF HIGHS IN THE VICINITY
    OF EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 08 .=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.