Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:05:20 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 230600
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 001/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 23/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : ZONE OF DISTURBED WEATHER 09   1006 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.0S/76.0E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FROM 40 NM TO 300
    NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT NEAR THE CENTRE, BUT REACHING NEAR
    GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT
    FROM 120 NM TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 23/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 13.5 SOUTH/74.1 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 14.3 SOUTH/72.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS PERSIST DUE TO THE ISOBARIC
    GRADIENT GENERATED BY THE PRESENCE OF SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.
THE POSITION OF THE CENTRE IS INFAIR, A NEW CENTRE IS LIKELY TO
    DEVELOP NEAR 14.2S/76E.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.