Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:50:18 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 122150
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 12 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 03N159W TO 03N152W
TO 05N148W TO 04N144W CHANGED LITTLE IN AREA OR INTENSITY AND MOVED
EAST NORTHEAST AT 10 KT. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE
POINT 05N170W. NEW OCCASIONAL CB WERE WITHIN 75 NM OF THE POINT
04N179W.

SHEAR LINE...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 75 NM OF THE LINE FROM
20N179W TO 24N163W TO 30N149W MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 5 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DISCUSSION OF SHEAR LINE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
SECTION ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NONE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
TROUGH...NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 150 NM OF THE LINE FROM 22S130W
TO 36S127W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 14S153W
17S143W 23S149W 28S158W 20S162W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM
OF THE LINE FROM 10S164W TO 16S161W. NEW OCCASIONAL CB WERE WITHIN
60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 11S178W TO 07S177W TO 13S168W. NEW OCCASIONAL
CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 01S180 TO 12S165W.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE LINE FROM 05S149W TO
05S148W.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.