Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 15:36:42 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 032136
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC MON 03 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE

BASED ON 03/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..REMNANT FRONTAL TROUGH LIES OVER THE NW CORNER OF DISCUSSION
   AREA THROUGH 31N137W 28N137W TO BEYOND 25N140W.    WIDELY
   SCATTERED SHOWERS/ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 45 NM EITHER
   SIDE OF TROUGH.
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REMAINDER OF AREA E OF TROUGH WITH
RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING FROM A 1022 MB HIGH NEAR 30N130W TO 13N108W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/2100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N77W 7N85W 6N105W 4N127W 8N135W 8N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 4N-7N BETWEEN 83W-87W. SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM
121W-123W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED/BROKEN CLOUDINESS WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS
FROM 10N-18N BETWEEN 130W-140W AND WITHIN 125 NM EITHER SIDE OF
LINE 15N130W 20N120W 30N116W. BROKEN/OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDINESS
CONTINUES NEWD OVER THE NORTHERN BAJA PENINSULA AND SEA OF
CORTEZ.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.