Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:26:27 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 212226
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC TUE 21 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 21/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT ENTERS THE DISCUSSION AREA NEAR 32N137W AND
   EXTENDS TO 27N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
   LOCATED WITHIN 120 NM E OF THE FRONT.
..1025 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 2730N120W.N120W. A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDS SW TO 16N140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 21/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG  2N78W
6N87W  6N97W  2N102W  7N110W  8N117W  4N125W  5N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE
OF AXIS BETWEEN 107W AND 122W AND WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
133W AND 137W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.