Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:44:20 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 230340
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC WED 23 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 23/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION N OF ITCZ W OF 105W WITH
   RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 29N137W TO 13N105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 23/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
9N103W 7N117W 8N128W 7N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE FROM
5N-9N BETWEEN 124W-130W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM OF AXIS
E OF 92W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS W OF 136W.
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM N OF LINE 4N116W 4N127W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS NEAR 7.5N81.5W S OF PANAMA.
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 7N85W 11N92W.  BROAD
MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE DESERT SW NEAR THE
ARIZONA/CALIFORNIA BORDER TO BEYOND 24N140W.  UPPER LEVEL SW
FLOW S OF TROUGH AXIS IS ADVECTING MOSTLY UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE
EWD S OF A LINE FROM 12N140W 25N130W 28N115W NEAR PUNTA EUGENIA
IN BAJA CALIFORNIA.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.