Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:53:41 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 041700
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND/
SOUTH PACIFIC OCEAN REISSUED/041700Z/050600ZMAR2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/041351ZMAR2003//
AMPN/REF A IS TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 041200Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 22P (ERICA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 21.6S9 154.1E1, APPROXIMATELY 550 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF CAIRNS,
AUSTRALIA, AND WAS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 12 KNOTS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31
PGTW 041500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 20.1S3
152.1E9 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED TCFA TO TROPICAL CYCLONE
WARNING.
4. RELEASED BY LT SMITH, USN.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/INGRAM/JACOBS/COOK/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.