Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:17:32 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 170000
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
17/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 037/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 17/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10  (EX-GERRY )
    1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 25.7S/74.1E
    (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR
    DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTNORTHEAST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER VERY LOCALLY EXISTS BEYOND
    150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS EXISTS
    UP TO 280 NM FROM THE CENTRE, REACHING GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT
    AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS DUE TO GRADIENT EFFECT IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 17/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 24.5 SOUTH/77.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 18/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: DISSIPATING
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THIS EXTRATROPICAL SYSTEM WITH NO
    ASSOCIATED DEEP CONVECTION STILL GENERATES STRONG WINDS FAR
    FROM THE CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.