Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:24:40 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 131800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/131800Z/141800ZFEB2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/130151ZFEB2003//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/130753ZFEB2003//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/130754ZFEB2003//
REF/D/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/131355ZFEB2003//
NARR/REFS A, B, C, AND D ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 130300Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 14S (FIONA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 22.0S4 92.3E4, APPROXIMATELY 1210 NM SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS, AND WAS TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 03 KNOTS OVER THE
PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 130300) FOR THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) AT 130900Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 16S (GERRY) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 19.8S8 58.9E2, APPROXIMATELY 65 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS,
AND WAS TRACKING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 13 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6
HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 105 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 130 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 130900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) AT 130900Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 17S (HAPE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 14.9S4 71.3E1, APPROXIMATELY 475 NM SOUTH OF DIEGO GARCIA, AND
WAS TRACKING NORTHEASTWARD AT 07 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 80 KNOTS GUSTING TO 100
KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTXS33 PGTW 130900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (4) AT 131500Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 18S (ISHA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20.3S5 85.9E2, APPROXIMATELY 1064 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA,
AND WAS TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 10 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55
KNOTS. SEE REF D (WTXS34 PGTW 131500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (5) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: KENDALL/INGRAM/JACOBS/SHERRY/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.