Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:59:46 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 272159
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 27 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED
EMBEDDED CB/TCU AND OCCASIONAL SHOWERS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N
..ARE BOUNDED BY 30N153W 30N146W 25N150W 19N160W 24N160W 26N155W.
FEATURE HAS BEEN MOVING EAST AT 10 TO 15 KT.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND WITHIN 60 NM OF
LINE 03N177W 03N176E HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15 KT IN 12 HOURS AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU
BOUNDED BY 06N160W 05N165W 01N165W 02N176W 05N176W HAVE MOVED WEST
AT 15 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT
EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 07N140W 06N149W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.  FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SHEAR LINE...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL SHOWERS ARE BOUNDED BY 20N164W 16N170W 17N176W 20N173W
..HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08S168W 11S166W
16S169W 11S171W 16S173W 14S178W 12S178W 11S175W 08S174W HAVE MOVED
WEST AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 20S168W 21S160W 22S157W
25S158W 25S162W 21S170W HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 15S179E
23S175W 25S180 20S175E 15S177E HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10 KT...
DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 30 NM OF
LINE 15S162W 16S156W 20S155W 22S150W HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 8 KT
..DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.