Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:33:02 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 121800
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 12/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08  (EX-EBULA )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 28.3S/73.8E
    (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE
    DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EAST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN AND SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND UP TO 240 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 28.8 SOUTH/75.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 29.8 SOUTH/76.2 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE STRONGS WINDS ARE DU TO THE GRADIANT
    WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES IN THE EAST AND IN THE SOUTHWEST OF
    THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.