Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:56:27 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 181456
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI 18 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 18/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES AREA N OF 10N W OF 110W...WITH RIDGE
   AXIS ENTERING AREA NEAR 32N132W AND EXTENDING SE TO 15N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/1430 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N80W
6N90W 4N100W 8N120W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG
CONVECTION IS FROM 4.5N-6.5N BETWEEN 128W-134W...ALSO WITHIN 45
NM OF AXIS W OF 137W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 95W-98W...AND WITHIN
45 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 118W-125W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
IS JUST OFFSHORE PANAMA AND COSTA RICA WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE
OF LINE 7N81W-8N84W-9N85W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS FROM CALIFORNIA/MEXICO BORDER SW
TO 23N123W.  E OF THE TROUGH AXIS...EXTENSIVE AREA OF
BROKEN/OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS IS OBSERVED WITHIN 200 NM EITHER
SIDE OF LINE 18N120W-23N112W...THEN EASTWARD ACROSS S HALF OF
BAJA PENINSULA TO NORTHERN MAINLAND MEXICO.

$$
MOLLEDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.