Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:51:20 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 020000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 02/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 13  (JAPHET )
    940 HPA
    POSITION             : 23.1S/37.0E (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL ONE
        DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT
    0000 UTC
    MOVEMENT             : NORTHNORTHWEST  4 KT
    MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
        RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM
IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
    HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/90 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
        RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60KT AND VERY HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS
        35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM
RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
    NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
        120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
    FORECASTED POSITION 02/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 22.6
SOUTH/36.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
 FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 22.1 SOUTH/35.7 EAST
  WEAKENING.
  OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  JAPHET STARTS TO LOOSE INTENSITY AND
      KEEPS ON TRACKING TOWARDS THE MOZAMBIQUE COAST.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.