Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 23:01:16 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 270401
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SUN 27 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 27/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 12N126W THROUGH A 1010 MB LOW
   CENTERED NEAR 9N130W TO 3N132W.
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 20N WEST OF 120W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
8N90W 10N100W 8N110W 8N120W 11N131W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 105W TO
108W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90
NM OF THE AXIS FROM 129W TO 132W. SCATTERED CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR
CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 150 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 93W TO 125W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS INLAND AND WITHIN 30 NM
ALONG THE COAST OF COLOMBIA FROM 4N TO 6N...AND WITHIN A 30 NM
RADIUS OF 10N110.5W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS INLAND AND WITHIN 45 NM ALONG THE COAST OF ECUADOR
AND COLOMBIA SOUTH OF 3N TO SOUTH OF THE EQUATOR...AND WITHIN 45
NM OF 6N FROM 116W TO 119W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.