Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:04:30 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 111402 CCA
*************** CORRECTIVE **************
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 11/04/2003
AT
1200 UTC.

WARNING NUMBER: 005/15 SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN
10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND.
HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY  11/04/2003 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:    SUBTROPICAL DEPRESSION 15 (LUMA) 985 HPA
POSITION:    WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 34.5 S / 59.5 E (THIRTY FO
UR DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
EAST)
MOVEMENT:    EAST-SOUTH-EAST 32 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP
TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60KT AND HIGH SEAS UPT TO 30 NM FROM THE CENTRE
AND
UP TO 50 NM IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM FROM THE
CENTRE EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR AND 100 NM IN
THE
NORCENTRET.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS UP TO 100 NM
EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTH AND 120 NM IN THE NORTH-EAST.
STRONG GUST UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2003/04/12 AT 00 UTC:
 38.0 SOUTH/  66.0 EAST.   MAX WIND = 60 KT. EXTRATROPICAL
24H, VALID 2003/04/12 AT 12 UTC:
    FILLING UP

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE SYSTEM STARTS TO WEAKEN THROUGH NORTHWESTERLY WIND SHEAR AND
SHOULD
FILL UP FAIRLY RAPIDLY OVER COOLER WATERS DURING EXTRATROPICAL
 TRANSITION PHASE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.