Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:37:02 -0500

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 211800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/211800Z/221800ZAPR2003//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.0S6
63.0E9, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 4.7S1 61.3E0, APPROXIMATELY 700 NM
WEST OF DIEGO GARCIA. LATEST QUICKSCAT PASS REVEALS AN ELONGATED
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH SCATTERED DEEP CONVECTION.
ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY REVEALS SOME TURNING IN THE MID-
LEVELS. ANALYSIS OF UPPER AIR DATA SHOWS THE SYSTEM IS LOCATED IN AN
REGION OF GOOD DIFFLUENCE ALOFT AND WEAK VERTICAL SHEAR. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. RELEASED BY: CAPT LEEJOICE, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/GRUBER/HEATH/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.