Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 10:16:47 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 221616
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT 22 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 22/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES MUCH OF THE AREA WITH A E/W
   ORIENTED RIDGE AXIS ALONG 27N/28N.  EARLIER QUIKSCAT IMAGERY
   INDICATES MODERATE TO STRONG TRADES FROM 8N-20N BETWEEN
   125W-140W ON THE SRN PERIPHERY OF THE HIGH.
..SFC TROUGH ALONG W COAST OF MEXICO FROM GUADALAJARA NWD OVER
   THE E SEA OF CORTEX TO BEYOND 30N113W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/1530 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
9N90W 8N100W 5N120W 5N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
FROM 6N-9N BETWEEN 94W-99W.  SCATTERED STRONG CONVECTION FROM
5N-8N BETWEEN 109W-114W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 4N-6N
BETWEEN 114W-118W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION FROM
2N-5N BETWEEN 125W-132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.