Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 00:07:35 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 120600

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 12/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 08  (EBULA )
    993 HPA
POSITION             : 28.1S/71.8E (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL ONE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 60 NM AND
    250 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 29.5 SOUTH/73.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 30.9 SOUTH/75.2 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EBULA IS NORTHERLY SHEARED AND KEEPS ON
    WEAKENING, TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.