Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:30:07 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 040329
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE 04 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 04/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD RIDGING FROM A HIGH CENTERED N OF THE AREA IN
   COMBINATION WITH A WEAK TROUGH W OF THE AREA IS CREATING SOME
   STRONGER WINDS IN THE NW PORTION OF THE REGION.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 04/0300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
7N100W 4N115W 6N130W 6N140W.  AXIS IS RATHER ILL-DEFINED
ESPECIALLY E OF 100W WITH ONLY SOME ISOLATED SHOWERS W OF 120W
WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
LARGE FIELD OF BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/UPPER CLOUDINESS...MOSTLY
CIRRUS.. IS E OF 133W N OF A LINE FROM 12N130W TO MAINLAND
MEXICO NEAR 24N107W.  THERE ARE PROBABLY SOME ISOLATED SHOWERS
IN THE AREA WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 13N134W 16N125W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.