Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:05:37 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 271800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/271800Z/281800ZJAN2003//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE REMNANT LOW OF TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
NEAR 14.0S5 58.5E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.5S4 53.3E1, APPROXIMATELY
225 NM EAST OF MADAGASCAR. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES THAT THE CONVECTION CONTINUES TO CYCLE IN INTENSITY.
RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY DEPICTS THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
EXPOSED TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE CYCLING CONVECTION. 200 MB ANALYSIS
PLACES THE AREA IN A MARGINAL UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT NEAR THE RIDGE
AXIS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/KENDALL/INGRAM/HEATH/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.