Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:03:04 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 180401
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI 18 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 18/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW
   NORTH OF 13N WEST OF 110W.
   1032 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 34N144W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/0330 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N77W 4N95W 9N117W 6N130W 6N140W.

ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/LOCALLY STRONG
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 NM ON EITHER SIDE
OF AXIS WEST OF 110W.

WARMING CLOUD TOP TEMPERATURES AND DISSIPATING CONVECTIVE
ACTIVITY...WITH LEFT-OVER DEBRIS CLOUDS AND ISOLATED LINGERING
CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY...WITHIN 60-90 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS
EAST OF 102W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...BROAD HIGH LEVEL ANTICYCLONIC FLOW
SOUTH OF 24N WEST OF 128W. MIDDLE/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH DIGGING
ALONG LINE THROUGH MULTIPLE CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTERS...WITH
BROAD CENTER NEAR 32N122W...TO 24N129W TO 20N134W.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.