Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:36:13 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 092136
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN 09 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 09/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1011 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 24N128W WITH A COLD FRONT
   EXTENDING SW TO 16N139W AND A WARM FRONT EXTENDING EWD TO
   25N120W. AN OCCLUDED FRONT EXTENDS NW TO A 1009 MB LOW NEAR
   29N136W WITH A TROUGH CONTINUING WWD BEYOND 29N140W. HIGH
   PRESSURE IS BUILDING EWD BEHIND THE COLD FRONT W OF 130W AND
   N OF 20N. THE STRONGEST CONVECTION HAS MOVED N OF THE WARM
   FRONT AND AHEAD OF THE OCCLUDED FRONT WITH SCATTERED MODERATE
   FROM 26N-30N BETWEEN 123W-130W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 250NM
   OF THE 1009 MB LOW AND ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 60NM OF THE
   COLD FRONT.
..TROUGH TO THE S OF THE COMPLEX STORM FROM 18N125W-6N134W.
   SWLY FLOW AHEAD OF THE COLD FRONT TO THE N HAS BEEN DRAWING
   THE TROUGH NWD FROM THE ITCZ. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
   AT THE N END OF THE TROUGH FROM 18N-21N BETWEEN 121W-125W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 09/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N78W
6N90W 3N102W 8N128W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF
THE AXIS BETWEEN 84W-87W. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 88W-92W. WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS WITHIN
30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 111W-118W. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS
WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 126W-128W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.