Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 04:04:42 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 180952
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 18 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...AREA ISOLATED CB EXTENDING ACROSS THE EQUATOR AND BOUNDED BY
06N175E 05N174W 01N178W 01N168E 06N174E MOVED WEST AT 05 KT WITH
INCREASED SIZE AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...AREA ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 11S165W 16S161W 17S173W 14S173W
MOVED WEST AT 05 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN SIZE AND DECREASED
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROUGH DESCRIPTION ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB EXTENDING ACROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY EQ176E 03S177W 09S179W 08S174E 01S174E MOVED NORTHWEST AT
15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN SIZE AND INCREASED INTENSITY.  AREA
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 05S151W 06S135W 10S135W 13S144W 06S164W MOVED
NORTH AT 05 KT WITH DECREASED SIZE AND INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.