Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:54:48 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 240954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 24 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 05N141W MOVED WEST AT 15 KT
WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN
45 NM OF LINE 05N149W 04N152W MOVED WEST AT 15 KT...WEAKENED AND
DECREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF POINT 05N166W
MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED
CB...WHICH EXTENDED ACROSS THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE
04N172W 02N179E AND MOVED WEST AT ABOUT 15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE LOW WITH ASSOCIATED FRONT/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM
OF POINT 18S176W MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED TO LOCALLY OCASSIONAL CB WITHIN 60
NM OF LINE 15S169W 16S161W WERE NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED TO LOCALLY OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN
90 NM OF LINE 11S162W 22S149W MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 05 KT...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SECOND CB AREA RELATED TO THE SURFACE LOW WITH ASSOCIATED
FRONT/TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 06S158W 14S155W 14S160W 09S161W
MOVED WEST SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT AND WEAKENED WITH A SLIGHT DECREASE IN
COVERAGE. OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY FREQUENT CB...WHICH EXTENDED ACROSS
THE DATELINE AND THE EQUATOR...WERE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 03N177E
03S179W 01S172E 03N170E AND MOVED NORTH NORTHWEST AT LESS THAN 10
KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

HOUSTON

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.