Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:43:22 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 121800
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GERRY )
    965 HPA
POSITION             : 18.1S/56.2E (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE WESTERN AND NORTHERN SECTORS.
HURRICANE 65/70KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.STORM FORCE
    WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS UP TO 30NM OF THE
    CENTRE.GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 60NM RADIUS THE CENTRE, UP TO 120NM IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 19.4 SOUTH/57.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 20.4 SOUTH/59.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSIFICATION WHITH THE FORMATION OF AN
    50 KM DIAMETER EYE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.