Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 16:25:43 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 082131
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT 08 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 08/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1003 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 28N134W WITH A COLD FRONT EXTENDING
   SW TO NEAR 19N140W. A STATIONARY FRONT EXTENDS NW OF THE LOW
   TO A SECOND 1003 MB LOW N OF THE DISCUSSION AREA NEAR
   33N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION JUST E OF THE
   LOW AND COLD FRONT N OF 27N BETWEEN 132W-133W.
..BROAD TROUGH ALONG THE MEXICAN COAST N OF 17N BETWEEN
   107W-125W WITH A WEAK 1016 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 32N118W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 08/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION 4N77W 4N106W 9N127W
4N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN
80NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 81W-88W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 111W-115W. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND
TSTMS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 122W-130W. WIDELY
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
131W-134W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS FROM 12N-14N BETWEEN
118W-124W. ISOLATED SHOWERS ALONG THE COLOMBIAN COAST S OF 5N.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.