Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:55:00 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 272154
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 27 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 07N144W 07N160W 09N171W
DECREASED IN COVERAGE AND REMAIN VERY SPARSE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N168W 27N174W CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO
26N175E. PRE-FRONTAL CLOUD BAND IMMEDIATELY PRECEDES FRONT FROM
30N166W TO 26N173W. FRONT MOVING SOUTHEAST 15 KT. SHEAR LINE MOVING
SOUTH 5 KT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS/ISOLATED SHOWERS ALONG
PRE-FRONTAL CLOUD BAND. BROKEN CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS ALONG THE
FRONT/SHEAR LINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...THROUGH 25S145W 22S152W CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH
20S160W 18S180. BROKEN CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS ALONG FRONT/SHEAR LINE.
ISOLATED CB ALONG SHEAR LINE WEST OF 173W INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
LOW LEVEL CONVERGENCE ZONE ALONG LINE 18S156W 09S180 MOVING
SOUTHWEST 5 KT. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF CONVERGENCE ZONE CHANGED
LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.