Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:36:05 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 031536
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU 03 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 03/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..RIDGE THROUGH 33N140W TO 28N126W TO 18N116W.
..COLD FRONT FROM 03/0600 UTC HAS DISSIPATED.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/1500 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
4N77W 4N86W 5N96W 6N104W 10N110W 9N121W 8N130W 7N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF 4N77W ALONG
COLOMBIA COAST...AND WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS 9N109W.

ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/LOCALLY STRONG ELSEWHERE
WITHIN 60-90 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF REST OF AXIS.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...JET STREAM WITHIN 200-220 NM ON EITHER SIDE
OF 13N125W 19N119W BEYOND 23N108W. ANTICYCLONIC FLOW ASSOCIATED
WITH THIS JET STREAM COVERS EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN INTO MEXICO...
CURVING AS FAR NORTH AS 28N100W...AND THEN TOWARD THE GULF OF
MEXICO. ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/LOCALLY STRONG
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 110W AND 120W.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.