Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:30:35 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 281800

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 022/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 28/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 09  (FARI )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.1S/49.4E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY NINE DECIMAL FOUR
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 20.4 SOUTH/48.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 21.1 SOUTH/46.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  FARI KEEPS ON TRACKING TOWARDS MALAGASY
    COASTS AND SHOULD LAND AT THE END OF THE NIGHT, NEAR MAHANORO
    (SOUTH OF MAHANORO).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.