Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:04:33 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 152204
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 15 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE...FRONT THROUGH 24N140W 23N145W EXTENDING EAST OF
140W AND CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE OVER OAHU TO 20N 163W TO 21N 168W
TO 17N 180. OCCASIONAL TCU ALONG FRONT/SHEARLINE. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 180NM NORTH OF FRONT/SHEARLINE EAST OF
150W AND WITHIN 240NM OF SHEARLINE WEST OF 150W.
SECOND FRONT...THROUGH 30N176W 25N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND
WEST OF THE DATELINE. OCCASIONAL TCU AND BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN
70NM OF FRONT.
ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 06N140W 02N155W 06N160W 04N175W 05N180 AND
EXTENDING EAST OF 140W AND WEST OF THE DATELINE. ISOL CB WITHIN
100NM OF ITCZ AXIS EAST OF 152W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10KT AND EXPANDED
IN AREA. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 04N160W 0N167W HAVE MOVED
WEST AND DECREASED IN AREA. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 150NM OF ITCZ AXIS
WEST OF 168W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10KT AND EXPANDED IN AREA.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE FIRST FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. ALSO
SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT/SHEARLINE AND SECOND FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUD OVER AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...THROUGH 25S121W 21S125W 19S134W AND EXTENDING SOUTH OF 25S.
ISOLATED CB AND OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 115NM NORTHEAST OF
FRONT.
SHEARLINE...THROUGH 25S150W 15S170W 14S180 AND CONTINUING AS FRONT
SOUTH OF 25S. ISOLATED CB AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 60NM OF
SHEARLINE.
SECOND FRONT...THROUGH 25S175W 22S180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF THE
DATELINE. OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 35NM OF FRONT.
ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 09S135W 08S140W 07S155W 06S170W 03W180.
OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 10S135W 08S139W HAVE REMAINED
NEARLY STATIONARY AND INTENSIFIED. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED
BOUNDED BY 06S159W 09S144W 12S151W 09S160W 07S168W 06S159W. ISOLATED
CB WITHIN 125NM OF ITCZ AXIS WEST OF 169W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10KT...
WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.