Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 15:42:46 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 042143
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC FRI 04 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 04/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 17N WEST OF 112W
   WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING THROUGH 32N134W TO 19N113W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 04/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
7N87W 5N92W 5N108W 4N120W 6N127W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS 84W TO 87W AND WITHIN
45 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 89W TO 95W. CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION
ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 100W TO 110W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION ARE WITHIN
45 NM OF A LINE FROM 7N130W TO 10N124W. BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS ARE
WITHIN 150/175 NM OF A LINE FROM BEYOND 14N140W ALONG 16N128W TO
16N120W AND WITHIN 125 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N120W TO ACROSS MEXICO
NEAR 23N106W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.