Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 03:46:14 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 180946
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 18 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N159W 27N163W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N HAS MOVED
EAST SOUTHEAST AT 33 KNOTS. OCCASIONAL TCU AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST
LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 40NM OF FRONT.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 01N140W 01N150W 05N165W 03N180 AND EXTENDING
EAST OF 140W AND WEST OF THE DATELINE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50NM OF
LINES 01N143W 01N146W...03N158W 04N162W AND 04N174W 03N176W HAVE
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. ISOLATED LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA. FOR DETAILS
SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. ISOLATED LOW CLOUDS OVER AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/CONVERGENCE ZONE...FRONT THROUGH 24S120W 20S123W AND EXTENDING
SOUTHEAST WITH CONVERGENCE ZONE CENTERED FROM 20S123W THROUGH
10S144W. FRONT HAS MOVED NORTHEAST AT 15KT. AREA OF ISOLATED CB
BOUNDED BY 12S131W 21S117W 25S121W 18S126W 15S139W HAS MOVED
NORTHEAST AT 15KT AND EXPANDED IN SIZE. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED
BOUNDED BY 09S146W 13S137W 11S151W 09S146W.

SECOND FRONT/SHEARLINE...FRONT THROUGH 25S147W 21S155W AND EXTENDING
SOUTHEAST CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE THROUGH 19S165W TO 13S174W. FRONT
HAS MOVED NORTHEAST AT 24KT. OVERCAST TCU AND OVERCAST LOW AND
MIDDLE CLOUDS WITHIN 40NM OF FRONT/SHEARLINE WITH NEW ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 15S170W 13S174W.

SHEARLINE...THROUGH 19S141W 17S158W 10S172W. OCCASIONAL TCU AND
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 30NM OF SHEARLINE. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE
FORMED WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 18S143W 19S146W.

TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH 25S170W 22S180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF DATELINE.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MIDDLE AND HIGH CLOUDS WITHIN 120NM OF TROUGH
AXIS. VERY ISOLATED CB WITHIN 35NM OF LINE 22S171W 20S177W HAVE
MOVED NORTHEAST SLOWLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SECOND FRONT/SHEARLINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.