Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:28:19 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 080928
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED 08 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 08/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1010 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 29.5N120W...DRIFTING NW.
   NO DEEP THUNDERSTORMS.
..COLD FRONT THROUGH 32N131W TO 30N131W TO 24N133W. STATIONARY
   FRONT 24N133W TO 21N139W. DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT 21N139W
   BEYOND 20N140.5W. NO DEEP THUNDERSTORMS.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 08/0900 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
3N78W 3N90W 8N101W 9N109W 7N131W 4N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG THUNDERSTORMS IN CLUSTERS BETWEEN
100W AND 110W. WARMING CLOUD TOP TEMPERATURES AND DISSIPATING
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 15-30 NM RADIUS 8N132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 30-45 NM ON EITHER SIDE
OF 15N111W .

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.