Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:32:13 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 271532
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU 27 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 27/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..LARGE AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE AREA N OF 10N W OF
   105W. A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM A 1025 MB HIGH NEAR 33N144W
   SE TO NEAR 16N106W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
2N83W 5N100W 6N110W 11N120W 7N130W 8N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
76W-81W...INCLUDING ALONG THE COLOMBIAN COAST. SCATTERED
MODERATE FROM 1N-4N BETWEEN 85W-90W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN
30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 90W-92W AND 117W-121W. ISOLATED SHOWERS
WITHIN 90NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 126W-132W. ISOLATED SHOWERS
WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS W OF 134W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION S OF COSTA RICA WITHIN 30NM OF A
LINE FROM 8N83W-7N85W-5N87W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.