Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:36:40 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 042136
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC TUE 04 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 04/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..TROUGH IS BORDERING THE WESTERN PORTION OF THE AREA FROM
   12N139W TO 26N143W.
..SECOND TROUGH IS OFFSHORE OF BAJA CALIFORNIA FROM 23N113W TO
   30N123W.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE AREA BETWEEN THE TROUGH EXCEPT
   FOR A THIRD TROUGH EXTENDING ALONG CENTRAL MEXICO FROM
   15N100W TO 31N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 04/2100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
4N95W 7N130W 6N140W.  CONVECTION HAS DISSIPATED WITH SOME
ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 125W-135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
LARGE AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILEVEL CLOUDS E OF AN UPPER
TROUGH WITHIN 275 NM OF A LINE FROM 14N130W TO COAST OF MAINLAND
MEXICO NEAR 27N110W WITH SOME ISOLATED SHOWERS POSSIBLE.  CLOUDS
ARE MOSTLY MIDDLE LEVEL W OF 122W AND MOSTLY UPPER LEVEL CIRRUS
E OF 122W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.