Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:40:57 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 290941
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT 29 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 29/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE N OF 15N BETWEEN 122W-140W. RIDGE AXIS
   STRETCHES FROM 30N133W TO BEYOND 26N140W AHEAD OF AN
   APPROACHING COLD/STATIONARY FRONT.
..SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 4N109W TO 15N107W. SCATTERED
   MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 13N-16N BETWEEN 104W-106W. ISOLATED
   WEAK TO MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 7N-12N BETWEEN 106W-109W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 29/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N78W
5N88W 3N94W 6N110W 7N130W 7N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 45NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 86W-97W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 102W-108W.
DISSIPATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS FROM 5N-7N BETWEEN
112W-114W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
125W-138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30NM OF THE
COLOMBIAN COAST BETWEEN 4N-7N. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF
THE PANAMA COAST BETWEEN 82W-83W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.