Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 00:17:36 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 160600
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
16/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 034/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 16/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10  (EX-GERRY )
    998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.7S/70.3E
    (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTNORTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER VERY LOCALLY EXISTS BEYOND
    150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT, REACHING VERY LOCALLY 35 KT, AND
    ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS, EXTENDING LOCALLY FAR FROM THE
    CENTRE UP TO 300 NM.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 27.1 SOUTH/71.4 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 17/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 26.5 SOUTH/72.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE LOW LEVEL CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION IS
    TOTALLY EXPOSED. STRONGEST WINDS ARE PRESENT FAR FROM THE
    CENTRE. EXTENTION EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE 02/16 QUIKSCAT
    DATA AT 0050 UTC. THE SYSTEM CAN'T GO SOUTHWARD DUE TO THE
    WIDE HIGH WHICH BLOCK IT FOR NEXT DAYS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.