Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 03:52:50 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 240952
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON 24 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 24/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT IN THE NW CORNER OF THE DISCUSSION AREA EXTENDS
   FROM N OF 31N130W SW TO 27N137W WHERE IT BECOMES DISSIPATING
   BEYOND 26N140W. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW LEVEL STRATOCUMULUS
   CLOUDS NW OF FRONT.
..NARROW RIDGE E OF THE COLD FRONT WITH AXIS FROM
   25N140W TO 28N114W..

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/0930 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
5N90W 7N103W 6N120W 4N130W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 117W-123W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILEVEL CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM
15N-20N BETWEEN 130W-140W.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.