Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:53:01 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 200953
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU 20 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 20/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT EXTENDS THROUGH 32N134W TO
   BEYOND 29N140W. THIS FEATURE IS DISSECTING THE HIGH PRESSURE
   BELOW.
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 13N WEST OF 110W
   WITH 1028 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 28N134W AND A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDING SOUTHEAST TO 13N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N78W
2N89W 9N101W 8N110W 5N120W 7N124W 8N129W 4N140W. CLUSTERS OF
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 120 NM
OF THE AXIS FROM 85W TO 136W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM
ALONG THE COAST OF PANAMA FROM 81.5W TO 83W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.