Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:49:12 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 172149
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC MON 17 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 17/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A 1030 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 32N138W WITH A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDING SE TO 12N116W TO 10N105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 8N84W
9N95W 4N115W 5N124W 1N135W EQ140W. DISSIPATING WIDELY SCATTERED
SHOWERS AND TSTMS WITHIN 45NM OF THE AXIS OFF THE COAST OF COSTA
RICA/PANAMA BETWEEN 83W-87W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 96W-103W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 104W-110W.
ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS WITHIN 120NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
110W-121W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 124W-127W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION S OF THE EQUATOR FROM 2N-7N
BETWEEN 82W-88W. ISOLATED CELL OF MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
30NM OF 11N102W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.