Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:18:17 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 111200

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 11/02/2003
AT 1200 UTC WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 11/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  (HAPE )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.5S/65.0E
   (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  7 KT
    MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE NORTHERN
    AND WESTERN SECTORS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    OF CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
    SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 18.7 SOUTH/65.3 EAST
DEVELOPPING. FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 19.7
SOUTH/66.2 EAST  DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   : NIL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.