Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 04:55:03 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 210954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC APRIL 21 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
WEAK FRONT THROUGH 30N172W 28N174W CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO
26N180. BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS ALONG FRONT/SHEAR LINE. FRONT/SHEAR
LINE DISSIPATING OVER NEXT 24 HOURS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 07N142W 07N140W EXTEND
EASTWARD AND ARE NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 10S180 10S160W 16S180 IS NEARLY
STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
TROUGH JUST WEST OF THE DATELINE THROUGH 29S180 24S175E MOVING EAST
15 KT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS ALONG TROUGH.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST OFFICE IN HONOLULU IS
REQUESTING FEEDBACK CONCERNING YOUR THE USE OF OR REQUIREMENT FOR
THIS PRODUCT. PLEASE E:MAIL YOUR COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003
TO: [email-masked] OR CALL 808-973-5276. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THIS PRODUCT MAY BE MODIFIED OR ELIMINATED AS
REQUIRED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.