Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:53:45 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 161553
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 16 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 16/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM NE OF 32N122W TO 26N135W AND
   CONTINUES W AS A WARM FRONT TO A 1007 MB LOW NEAR 22N144W.
   WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 120NM OF THE FRONT.
..1021 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 29N120W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 16/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N78W
4N96W  5N114W  2N127W  5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 45 NM RADIUS OF THE AXIS AT 78W...WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF
THE AXIS AT 89W...AND WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 83W AND 85W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.