Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:41:40 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 061541
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON 06 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 06/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A COLD FRONT IS APPROACHING THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE
   REGION.
..WEAK HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 20N FROM
   120W TO 140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 06/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
6N95W 8N101W 7N111W 6N123W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 96W TO
101W...WITHIN 90/120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 101W TO 105W...AND
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS WEST OF 139W TO BEYOND 140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF
111W FROM 12N TO 16N. BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED SHOWERS/ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS COVERS THE
REMAINDER OF THE AREA FROM 10N TO 20N BETWEEN 107W AND 121W.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.