Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 12:25:07 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 091800

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 09/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 07  - 1000 HPA
POSITION             : 27.5S/40.4E (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1800
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : EAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 100 NM AND
    200 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS. STRONG GUSTS
    UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 27.2 SOUTH/42.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 26.2 SOUTH/43.3 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGEST WINDS ARE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    QUADRANT DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES BUILDING IN THE SOUTH. RESIDUAL CONVECTION. SYSTEM
    STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.