Subject: Indian-S: Africa):

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:31:55 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 031000
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED FOR THE PAST 12 HOURS
NEAR 11.3S5 115.9E6, APPROXIMATELY 170 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE
LESSER SUNDRA ISLANDS. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS POORLY
DEFINED CONVECTION NEAR WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC).
THE 200 MB ANALYSIS SHOWS GOOD EXHAUST MECHANISM WITH POINT SOURCE
NEAR LLCC. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED PARA 2.B.(1) POOR AREA.
FORECAST TEAM: WINGEART/GRUBER/LAM/KUMAGA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.