Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:14:47 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 281200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 28/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 09  (FARI )
    992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.9S/50.0E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL ZERO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 20.1 SOUTH/48.7 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 20.5 SOUTH/47.5 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM HAS SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIED OVER
    THE LAST HOURS AND HAS BEEN NAMED AT 09000.  FARI KEEPS ON
    TRACKING TOWARDS MALAGASY COASTS AND SHOULD LAND AT THE END
    OF THE NIGHT, NEAR MAHANORO (SOUTH OF MAHANORO).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.