Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:55:05 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 270600
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 27/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 09   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.8S/54.8E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,MAINLY IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN, SOUTHERN
    AND NORTHWESTERN SECTORS.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 25/30 KT IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 27/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 18.1 SOUTH/25.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 18.7 SOUTH/51.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS NOW CLEARLY VISIBLE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTION. THE TRACK BECOMES MORE
    SOUTHWESTWARD DUE TO THE THROUGH IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.