Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:27:44 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 141526
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON 14 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 14/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT...PREVIOUSLY ANALYZED AS TROUGH...ENTERS AREA NEAR
   32N121W SW ALONG 26N128W TO 22N140W.  A LARGE FIELD OF
   SCATTERED TO BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CONTINUES TO MOVE S OVER
THE SUBTROPICAL PACIFIC BEHIND FRONT.
..TROUGH...PREVIOUSLY ANALYZED AS WEAKENING COLD FRONT...
   EXTENDS ALONG 32N118W 27N121W 23N127W.
..HIGH PRESSURE 1020 MB IS NEAR 24N120W WITH A NARROW
   RIDGE EXTENDING E TO 22N110W.
..STRONGER RIDGE COVERS AREA NW OF COLD FRONT...AND FROM 8N TO
   20N W OF 120W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/1500 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N78W
5N106W 6N120W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 86W-88W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION FROM 3N-6N BETWEEN
117W-127W...AND FROM 5N-8N BETWEEN 100W-107W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 10N-12.5N BETWEEN 129W-131W...AND WITHIN
45 NM RADIUS OF 9.5N134W.

$$
MOLLEDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.