Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:55:49 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 171455
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU 17 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 17/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..TROUGH...REMNANTS OF COLD FRONT...EXTENDING FROM LOW PRES
   JUST OFF THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST...ENTERS AREA NEAR
   32N119W AND EXTENDS SW ALONG 25N125W-21N135W.  A NARROW BAND
   OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW TO MID LEVEL CLOUDS AND ISOLATED
   SHOWERS IS WITHIN 90 NM E OF TROUGH MAINLY N OF 27N.
..BROAD AND WEAK HIGH PRESSURE PREVAILS S AND E OF COLD
   FRONT...WITH RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING FROM 24N122W SE TO
   17N110W-11N97W. HIGH PRESSURE IS ALSO BUILDING S BEHIND THE
   TROUGH OVER NW PART OF DISCUSSION AREA.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/1430 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N85W 5N95W 9N111W 6N130W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG
FROM 4N-7N BETWEEN 85W-88W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN
60 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 110W-118W...AND BETWEEN 121W-124W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS E OF 79W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 92W-97W...AND
BETWEEN 126W-130W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS FROM W OF BAJA PENINSULA TO
22N132.  A PLUME OF MID/UPPER LEVEL TROPICAL MOISTURE IS
STREAMING NE AHEAD OF TROUGH...PRODUCING BROKEN TO OVERCAST MID
AND HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS OVER S HALF OF BAJA PENINSULA...NW
MAINLAND MEXICO...AND PARTS OF SW UNITED STATES.

$$
MOLLEDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.