Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:33:53 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 230333
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SUN 23 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 23/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT IS ALONG THE NORTHERN BORDER OF THE REGION.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA
   NORTH OF 15N TO THE ABOVE FRONTAL SYSTEM WEST OF 118W
   WITH A 1026 MB HIGH LOCATED JUST WEST OF THE REGION.
..SURFACE TROUGH IS ALONG THE COAST OF MEXICO FROM 16N93W
   17N96W THROUGH A 1006 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 20N100W
   CONTINUING TO A 1009 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 27N109W TO
   31N112W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 23/0245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N78W
5N90W 9N100W 6N110W 4N125W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75/90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 100W TO 108W.
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90/120
NM OF THE AXIS FROM 116W TO 121W AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
FROM 133W TO 136W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN
90/120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 121W TO 125W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION ARE
WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 6N98W TO 5N104W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.