Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:55:01 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 222154
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 22 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT
13N149W MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 20 KT AND WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 09N143W 02N160W WERE
NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...WHICH CROSSED THE EQUATOR...
WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 04N169W 01S178W AND WEAKENED.

SURFACE FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 29N178W 33N172W
MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 15 KT WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 13S171W 14S163W
MOVED EAST AT 05 KT WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 14S150W 21S130W MOVED
EAST SOUTHEAST AT 05 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE LOW AND TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 90 NM OF
LINE 18S131W 24S131W WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE FIRST CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE FRONT/TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 07S168W WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB...WHICH EXTENDED
ACROSS THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 08S177W 06S177E AND
MOVED SOUTHWEST SLOWLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.