Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:13:43 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 110000
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 029/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 11/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    940 HPA
POSITION             : 17.9S/65.6E (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT
    0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM, MAINLY
    IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/90 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 18.6 SOUTH/64.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 19.6 SOUTH/63.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSITY WITHOUT SIGNIFICATIVE CHANGE
    DURING THE LAST 6 HOURS. KALUNDE KEEPS ON MOVING IN DIRECTION
    OF THE AREA OF LOW PRESSURES (TROUGH) LOCATED SOUTH OF
    MASCAREIGNES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.