Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:42:32 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 120000

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 12/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 08  (EBULA )
    988 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.5S/70.6E
    (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 29.4 SOUTH/72.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 31.2 SOUTH/74.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EBULA IS NORTHERLY SHEARED, IT CONTINUE
    TO WEAKEN AND TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.