Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:35:22 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 131534
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU 13 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 13/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAKENING 1009 MB LOW IS NEAR 25N119W MOVING ENE.  SYSTEM IS
   BECOMING LESS DEFINED ON SATELLITE PICTURES.  AN OLD FRONTAL
   TROUGH LIES ALONG 10N120W 18N114W 30N116W AND IS THE FOCUS OF
   ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION NEAR 16N113W SW OF SOCORRO
   ISLAND.
..HIGH PRESSURE IS NOSING INTO THE AREA FROM A 1018 MB HIGH
   LOCATED NW OF THE AREA NEAR 26N143W.  THIS HIGH HAS A RIDGE
   AXIS EXTENDING SE TO 22N133W WITH ANTICYCLONIC FLOW W OF
   133W N OF 15N.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 13/1500 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
5N94W 2N104W 6N115W 7N123W 7N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE IS WITHIN
60 NM OF AXIS FROM 115W-124W AND WITHIN 30/45 NM OF AXIS FROM
94W-105W.  A SMALL CLUSTER OF STRONG CONVECTION IS LOCATED RIGHT
ON THE COLOMBIAN COAST NEAR 4N77W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
RADAR INDICATES ISOLATED SHOWERS AHEAD OF THE FRONTAL TROUGH N
OF 22N E OF 112W TO THE COAST OF MEXICO.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.