Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:32:03 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 231200
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 002/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 23/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 09   1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.7S/74.9E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR
    DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN  40 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT NEAR THE CENTRE WITH MODERATE TO
    ROUGH SEAS, BUT REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND
    LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT WITHIN 180 MN RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/73.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 15.8 SOUTH/71.3 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS ARE DUE TO THE ISOBARIC
    GRADIENT GENERATED BY THE PRESENCE OF SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES.
THE CENTRE IS NOW CLEARLY PRESENT UNDER THE CONVECTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.