Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 06:12:49 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 151200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 047/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 15/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14  (EX-KALUNDE
    )
    995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 28.8S/66.3E
    (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FAR FROM THE CENTRE
    AND EXTENDS UP BETWEEN 150 NM AND 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE ONLY
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    WESTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 31.1 SOUTH/67.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 16/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 34.5 SOUTH/67.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE LOW LEVEL CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION IS
    TOTALLY EXPOSED. A WIDE AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION STILL EXISTS
    FAR FROM THE CENTRE SOUTHEAST OF IT. THIS LOW SHOULD TRACK
    SOUTHWARD DURING NEXT DAYS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.