Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:43:24 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 252143
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT 25 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 25/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION W OF 115W WITH RIDGE AXIS
   ENTERING AREA NEAR 30N128W AND EXTENDING SW TO BEYOND
   24N140W.
..TROUGH ALONG 114W/115W BETWEEN 5N-15N. NUMEROUS MODERATE
   CONVECTION FROM 5N-8N BETWEEN 109W-114W. WIDELY SCATTERED
   MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 8N-12N BETWEEN 109W-114W.
..COLD FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF DISCUSSION AREA THROUGH
   33N140W 27N145W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 150 NM
   AHEAD OF FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/2100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N90W 5N100W 7N113W 6N125W 6N135W 4N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS W OF 135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.