Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 04:01:50 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 081001
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT 08 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 08/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A 1013 MB LOW CENTERED IS JUST NORTH OF THE REGION NEAR
   33N120W WITH A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDING SOUTH ALONG 30N120W
   THEN WEST TO 29N125W.
..COLD FRONT ENTERS THE WESTERN PORTION OF THE REGION THROUGH
   33N140W EXTENDING SOUTHEAST ALONG 28N138W THEN SOUTHWEST TO
   BEYOND 23N140W.
..WEAK HIGH PRESSURE IS BETWEEN THE FEATURES ABOVE FROM 20N
   TO 30N BETWEEN 112W AND 132W WITH A 1018 MB HIGH LOCATED
   NEAR 25N124W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 08/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
3N89W 6N114W 8N128W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 108W TO 113W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS
EAST OF 78W TO INLAND OVER COLOMBIA AND WITHIN 90 NM NORTH OF
THE AXIS FROM 91W TO 93W. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 75/90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 81W TO 94W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS INLAND AND
WITHIN 30/45 NM ALONG THE COAST OF COLOMBIA FROM 2.5N TO 4N.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM ALONG THE COAST OF
ECUADOR FROM THE EQUATOR TO THE BORDER OF COLOMBIA.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.