Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 03:54:43 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 020954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC APRIL 02 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...WHICH EXTENDED EAST OF 140W...WERE WITHIN 60 NM
OF POINT 06N141W AND WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED
IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 06N169W  MOVED WEST
AT 05 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 27N159W 30N157W
27N155W MOVED NORTH NORTHEAST AT 10 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN
COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
WEAK SURFACE LOW AND TROUGH...ISOLATED TO LOCALLY OCCASIONAL CB
WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 14S155W 18S145W 24S149W 18S156W MOVED EAST
SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE FRONT/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 21S178W
27S177W MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 14S174W MOVED WEST NORTHWEST AT 05
KT WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB...WHICH CROSSED THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
06S177W 03S179E AND MOVED NORTHWEST AT 15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

HOUSTON

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.