Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:35:26 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 220935
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT 22 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 22/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE N OF 10N AND W OF 110W. A 1027 MB HIGH IS
   CENTERED NEAR 28N136W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING SE TO
   14N114W AND A SECOND RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING W BEYOND 28N140W.
   QUIKSCAT IMAGERY INDICATES ELY TRADES REACHING 25 KT FROM
   8N-20N BETWEEN 125W-140W ON THE SRN PERIPHERY OF THE HIGH.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/0845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 10N85W
5N118W 3N128W 5N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 90NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 95W-102W. SCATTERED MODERATE
WITHIN 75NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 107W-117W AND 126W-133W.
DISSIPATING SHOWERS FROM 1N-7N BETWEEN 133W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS IN THE GULF OF PANAMA FROM 6N-9N
BETWEEN 77W-80W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.