Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 09:39:12 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 191538
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 19 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 19/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1020 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 28N125W WITH RIDGE AXIS TO
   THE SE TO NEAR SOCORRO ISLAND. A SECOND RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS SW
   TO BEYOND 20N140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 19/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
7N89W 5N108W 4N128W 6N137W 5N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
FROM 2N-5.5N BETWEEN S AMERICA AND 80W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS WITH SOME ISOLATED STRONG IS FROM 88W-91W.
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
105W-109W...117W-129W AND 135W-138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED WEAK/MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 2N80W-
4N88W AND POINT 7N84W.  ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE AHEAD OF AN
APPROACHING COLD FRONT FROM 25N-27N BETWEEN 139W-142W.

BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.