Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:46:05 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 102132
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC MON 10 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 10/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1006 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 29N131W WITH AN OCCLUDED FRONT
   EXTENDING TO THE TRIPLE POINT ALONG 29N127W-26N123W-22N122W.
   A WARM FRONT EXTENDS EWD FROM THE TRIPLE POINT TO NEAR
   20N115W AND A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SW TO NEAR 13N140W. A TROUGH
   ALSO EXTENDS FROM THE LOW SW TO NEAR 22N140W. A LARGE AREA OF
   WIDELY SCATTERED TO SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS LOCATED
   E OF THE OCCLUDED FRONT AND GENERALLY N OF THE WARM FRONT N
   OF 20N BETWEEN 115W-122W. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS ARE ALSO
   WITHIN 60NM OF THE COLD FRONT S OF 20N. ISOLATED SHOWERS
   WITHIN 400NM OF THE SURFACE LOW.
..WEAK RIDGE EXTENDS SWD FROM BAJA CALIFORNIA TO NEAR 13N
   BETWEEN 105W-117W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 10/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
4N104W 10N127W 5N140W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 83W-102W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 8N-10N
BETWEEN 123W-125W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS W OF
128W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.