Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:05:27 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 232201
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 23 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 08N173W 06N169W 02N169W 01N175W 02N178E 07N177E HAVE
MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT AND WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 07N161W 07N153W 05N145W 04N146W
04N162W 02N162W 03N168W 07N168W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED
SHOWERS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE LOCATED WITHIN 60 NM OF
LINE 30N151W 26N156W 20N170W 18N175W.  FEATURE MOVING EAST NEAR 20
KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 02S178E 03S176W 09S177W 07S169W 12S169W 21S168W 17S178W
19S175E 12S177E 07S179E HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH/FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 12S153W 19S139W 25S139W 25S147W 22S151W 18S151W 16S162W
13S159W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 12 KT AND WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.