Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:42:27 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 111200
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 015/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 11/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GERRY )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.9S/53.4E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY THREE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 80 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE NORTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 16.5 SOUTH/53.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/54.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   : NIL=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.