Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 18:22:44 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 100000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 10/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 07  - 1000 HPA
POSITION             : 27.5S/40.9E (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000
    UTC
MOVEMENT             : EAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 160 NM AND
    260 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS. STRONG GUSTS
    UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 26.9 SOUTH/42.3 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 26.0 SOUTH/43.2 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONGEST WINDS ARE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
    QUADRANT DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
    PRESSURES BUILDING IN THE SOUTH. RESIDUAL CONVECTION. SYSTEM
    STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.