Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:06:14 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 202205
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN 20 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 20/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..TROUGH IS FROM 32N133W TO 31N139W.
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES N OF 15N AND W OF 115W EXCEPT IN
   VICINITY OF TROUGH.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N78W
5N90W 5N105W 7N120W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 114W AND 122W...AND
WITHIN 60-90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 88W AND 90W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90-120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W AND
112W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.