Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:14:11 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 191614
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED 19 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 19/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAK COLD FRONT ABOUT TO ENTER AREA ON NORTHWEST CORNER.
FRONT NOT MUCH IMPACT ON WIND FIELD...BUT LARGE SWELLS TO ITS
NORTH WILL AFFECT AREA N OF 27N W OF 123W.
..1025 MB HIGH PRES NEAR 28N135W HAS BROAD RIDGE AXIS EXTEND
SOUTHEAST TO 12N105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 19/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION ALONG 2N79W  5N100W
2N110W  6N117W  6N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS FROM 84W TO 89W.
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 96W TO 116W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE /ISOLATED STRONG  WITHIN 120 NM OF
AXIS FROM 116W TO 132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.