Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:58:35 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 170347
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI 17 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 17/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..RIDGE FROM 31N127W TO 22N132W TO 12N136W.
   ANTICYCLONIC FLOW NORTH OF 12N BETWEEN 120W AND 140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/0300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N77W 5N98W 4N108W 4N112W 5N124W 4N140W.

WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
45-60 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 107W AND 113W...AND
WITHIN 20-30 NM RADIUS OF 5N124W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS FROM 16N TO 25N BETWEEN 107W AND
112W...AND FROM 15N TO 16N BETWEEN 120W AND 121W.

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.