Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/tropical Cyclone Formation Alert 100021z Mar 03//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 18:57:35 -0600

WTPS21 PGTW 100030
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT 100021Z MAR 03//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
140 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 13.6S0 170.2E0 TO 17.8S6
174.4E6 WITHIN THE NEXT 06 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF A NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 25 TO 35 KNOTS. METSAT
IMAGERY AT 092330Z7 INDICATES THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS
LOCATED NEAR 14.7S2 172.4E4. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING SOUTHWARD AT 04
KNOTS.
2. REMARKS: ANIMATED VISIBLE, MULTISPECTRAL, ENHANCED INFRARED
IMAGERY, AND A 091848Z0 QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALS CONTINUED ORGANIZATION
OF THE CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC). UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES FAVORABLE DIVERGENCE AND WEAK
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
3. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
110030Z5.
4. RELEASED BY LT INGRAM, USN.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.