Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:19:15 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 311800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/311800ZDEC2002/011800ZJAN2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/311651ZDEC2002//
AMPN/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 310600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (DELFINA), LOCATED NEAR
16.2S9 41.3E8 APPROXIMATELY 70 NM EAST OF MOZAMBIQUE, HAS TRACKED
WEST AT 05 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 310900 COR) FOR MORE DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE REMNANT LOW OF TROPICAL CYCLONE 07S PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
NEAR 10.0S1 92.2E3 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.9S8 91.5E5 OVER THE SOUTH
INDIAN OCEAN. A 311211Z9 QUIKSCAT PASS DEPICTED A BROAD, RELATIVELY
WEAK, LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EMBEDDED ON A NEAR EQUATORIAL
TROUGH. THE LLCC IS CURRENTLY POSITIONED EQUATORWARD OF THE
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS BENEATH LIGHT TO MODERATE UPPER EAST-
NORTHEASTERLIES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20
TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ROBERTS/RONSEE/SHERRY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.