Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:27:49 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 072127
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC TUE 07 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 07/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A 1012 MB LOW IS LOCATED OFF THE COAST OF THE BAJA PENINSULA
   NEAR 28N118W MOVING SW 10 KT. NO SIGNIFICANT
   CLOUDS/CONVECTION.
..COLD FRONT OVER THE NW PORTION OF AREA EXTENDS THROUGH
   30N133W 25N135W TO BEYOND 20N140W. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW TO MID
   LEVEL CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF
   FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 07/2100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
4N90W 6N100W 7N110W 8N120W 6N130W 4N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM
99W-106W. SIMILAR ACTIVITY WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM
130W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILEVEL CLOUDINESS WITH ISOLATED MODERATE
CONVECTION FROM 9N-20N BETWEEN 105W-115W. MID/UPPER LEVEL CLOUDS
STREAMING NEWD OVER CENTRAL MEXICO.

RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.