Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:01:20 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 181601
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC TUE 18 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 18/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRES DOMINATES REGION NORTH OF 10N WEST OF 115W
WITH 1030 MB HIGH PRES AT 31N135W.  RIDGE AXIS EXTEND
SOUTH TO 10N130W AND SOUTHEAST TO 10N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION ALONG 4N80W  7N100W
10N110W  2N135W  2N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION
WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS FROM 109W TO 126W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM NORTH OF AXIS
FROM 126W TO 135W.  SCATTERED STRONG WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM
81W TO 87W AND WITHIN 150 NM FROM 94W TO 100W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 45 NM OF
2N97W.

$$
WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.