Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 10:13:53 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 091553
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 09 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 09/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1006 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 29N135W WITH OCCLUDED FRONT
   EXTENDING EWD ALONG 29N TO TRIPLE POINT NEAR 130W. WARM FRONT
   CONTINUES ESE FROM TRIPLE POINT TO 26N120W. COLD FRONT
   EXTENDS SWD FROM TRIPLE POINT ALONG 22N132W 16N140W.
   SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 24N-31N BETWEEN
   125W-130W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 25N-130W
   BETWEEN 121W-125W. ISOLATED SHOWERS ALONG COLD W OF 130W.
   WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 250 NM RADIUS OF LOW CENTER.
..TROF EXTENDS FROM THE TROPICAL PACIFIC NEAR 7N135W NEWD
   THROUGH 12N130W TO 19N123W. DEVELOPING CLUSTERS OF WIDELY
   SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 15N-21N BETWEEN 122W-127W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 09/1530 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
1N86W 5N95W 2N102W 4N110W 5N120W 8N127W 5N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM
109W-126W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.