Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 09:42:19 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 051542
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 05 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 05/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 17N FROM 115W TO
   140W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING THROUGH 32N128W TO JUST
   BEYOND 20N140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
4N89W 8N110W 6N121W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90/120 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 107W TO
110W AND WITHIN 120 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 108W TO 114W.
CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
96W TO 99W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 150 NM OF A LINE FROM 1N89W TO
8N93W. BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED
SHOWERS/WIDELY ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE SOUTH OF 20N TO THE
ITCZ AXIS BETWEEN 105W AND 124W.

WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.