Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:58:50 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 162158
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC THU 16 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 16/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..RIDGE FROM 1022 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 28N130W TO
   22N132W 12N137W 5N139W. ANTICYCLONIC FLOW NORTH OF 5N
   BETWEEN 118W AND 140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 16/2130 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N77W 4N90W 5N109W 5N120W 5N129W 4N140W.

WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 75 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 108W AND 121W...
AND BETWEEN 126W AND 129W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS FROM 10N TO 20N
BETWEEN 107W AND 122W.

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.