Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 06:47:58 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 141200
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 027/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 14/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GERRY )
    976 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.7S/63.3E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 400 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE..
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS UP TO 40 NM OF THE
    CENTRE.GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM
 SEMI-CIRCLE.
IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM
    IN THE SOUTHESATERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 26.2 SOUTH/64.4 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 27.4 SOUTH/64.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE STRUCTURE OF THE SYSTEM IS SHEARED
    WITH A COMPLETLY EXPOSED CENTRE. IN SPITE OF THE RAPID
    WEAKENING OF THE CONVECTION, WINDS REMAIN STRONG WITHIN TEH
    CIRCULATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.