Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 21:38:43 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 070338
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI MAR 07 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 07/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAK TROUGH ALONG 139W FROM 23N-29N MOVING SLOWLY WESTWARD.
..DISSIPATING TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 20N120W TO 25N127W.  POSITION
   IS MARKED BY A BREAK IN THE LOW/MID CLOUDINESS.
..PAIR OF TROUGHS EMBEDDED IN THE ITCZ ALONG 109W AND 121W/122W
   WITH WEAK LOW-LEVEL CENTERS NEAR 8N109W AND 7N122W.  ISOLATED
   MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF EASTERNMOST LOW CENTER.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 07/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N78W
5N88W 8N109W 5N123W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF
AXIS FROM 124W-129W.  CLUSTERS OF MODERATE CONVECTION ARE WITHIN
60 NM OF 6N117W AND 3.5N84.5W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM
OF AXIS FROM 109W-114W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
AN ISOLATED WEAK/MODERATE CONVECTIVE CELL IS NEAR 11N104W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.