Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 06:33:12 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 311200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 033/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 31/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 09  (EX-FARI )
    999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 28.1S/43.8E
    (TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE
    DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP
    TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN AND NORTHERN SECTORS.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR
    THE CENTRE, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT IN THE
    SOUTHESATERN QUADRANT UNDER THE SQUALLS AND ALSO LOCALLY IN
    THE WESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 29.4 SOUTH/44.2 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 31.9 SOUTH/44.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED.
THE SYSTEM HAS STARTED TO BECOME EXTRATROPICAL, AND IS EXPECTED
    TO TRACK SOUTHEASTWARD.
STRONG WINDS ARE DUE TO GRADIENT WITH TWO CELLS OF HIGH PRESSION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.