Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 04:31:13 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 060931
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN 06 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 06/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1032 MB HIGH NEAR 33N136W WITH A RIDGE AXIS SE TO NEAR 16N106W.
   ANTICYCLONIC FLOW N OF ITCZ W OF 105W IN THE EPAC.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 06/0845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W 6N84W
5N100W 7N111W 6N121W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG IS WITHIN 45
NM OF AXIS FROM 110W-117W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE IS WITHIN A
SIMILAR DISTANCE OF ITCZ W OF 134W AND WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS FROM
93W-99W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 119W-133W AND
WITHIN 30/45 NM OF AXIS FROM 86W-92W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
HIGH CLOUDS FROM THE SUBTROPICAL JET CONTINUE TO STREAM INTO MEXICO
ALONG A 600 NM WIDE SWATH FROM 12N121W TO 23N106W NEAR MAZATLAN.

$$

BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.