Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 15:47:19 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 022147
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN 02 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 02/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A STATIONARY FRONT CLIPS THE NW CORNER OF DISCUSSION AREA
   THROUGH 31N139W 29N140W. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW TO MID LEVEL
   CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS NW OF FRONT.
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA WITH RIDGE
   EXTENDING SE FROM A 1023 MB HIGH NEAR 34N128W TO 15N100W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 02/2100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
8N90W 5N100W 4N120W 7N130W 6N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION FROM 3N-6N BETWEEN 86W-93W AND FROM 5N-8N BETWEEN
93W-98W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROAD MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH W OF DISCUSSION AREA IS PRODUCING
AN AREA OF OVERCAST MULTILEVEL CLOUDINESS WITH WIDELY SCATTERED
SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS FROM 13N-20N BETWEEN 125W-137W. BROKEN LOW
CLOUDINESS FROM 10N-13N W OF 130W.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.