Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:39:03 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 212139
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC FRI 21 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 21/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 20N WEST OF 110W
   WITH A 1028 MB HIGH LOCATED NEAR 30N133W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 21/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION ALONG IS CENTERED ALONG
4N77W 3N86W 8N95W 8N104W 3N128W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 118W
TO 125W AND FROM 132W TO 139W. CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION
ARE WITHIN 150 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 92W TO 95W...WITHIN 60 NM OF
THE AXIS FROM 95W TO 99W...AND FROM 108W TO 118W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION ARE MOVING
ACROSS CENTRAL AMERICA AND ALONG THE IMMEDIATE COAST OF PANAMA
AND COSTA RICA. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION ARE INLAND AND WITHIN 60 NM ALONG THE COAST OF
ECUADOR AND COLOMBIA FROM 1N TO 7N.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.