Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:38:46 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 230938
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN 23 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 23/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD/STATIONARY FRONT SKIRTS THE NRN BORDER OF THE DISCUSSION
   AREA FROM A 1020 MB LOW NEAR 34N130W TO 31N136W TO W OF
   31N140W.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE N OF 10N WITH A 1027 MB HIGH CENTERED
   NEAR 27N139W. A RIDGE EXTENDS ESE FROM THE HIGH TO NEAR
   16N108W.
..SURFACE TROUGH LIES ALONG THE GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM A 1008
   MB LOW IN CENTRAL MEXICO NEAR 21N102W TO 26N109W TO 31N114W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 23/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
3N96W 8N104W 4N115W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM
3N-7N BETWEEN 98W-103W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 6N-10N BETWEEN
97W-108W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 4N-7N BETWEEN 119W-122W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE FROM EQ-5N BETWEEN 122W-126W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 127W-135W AND
W OF 139W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30NM OF THE
COLOMBIAN COAST BETWEEN 1N-6N. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF
THE COAST OF WRN PANAMA.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.