Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:00:51 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 110000
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 013/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 11/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (EBULA )
    978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.6S/69.3E
    (TWENTY THREE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE
    DECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE EASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 26.4 SOUTH/69.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 28.7 SOUTH/71.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EBULA KEEPS ON TRACKING
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD, DRIFTING ALONG THE WESTERN SIDE OF A HIGH
    MOVING SLOWLY TO THE EAST. EBULA HAS STARTED TO WEAKEN DUE TO
    THE PRESENCE OF STRONG WINDS IN UPPER TROPOSPHERE (INCREASING
    VERTICAL WIND SHEAR).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.