Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 04:22:23 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 170922
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU 17 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 17/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING COLD FRONT MOVING SWD OVER N PORTION OF REGION
   ENTERS AREA AT 31N122W AND EXTENDING SW ALONG 23N130W
   22N140W. A NARROW BAND OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW TO MIDDLE LEVEL
   CLOUDS AND ISOLATED  SHOWERS ACCOMPANIES THE FRONT WITHIN 90
   NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS. SCATTERED TO BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS
   CLOUDS ARE BEHIND THE FRONT.
..BROAD AND WEAK HIGH PRESSURE PREVAILS S AND E OF COLD
   FRONT...WITH RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING FROM 24N124W  SE TO
   10N100W. HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE IS ALSO BUILDING SWD BEHIND
   AFOREMENTIONED COLD FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 25N133W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/0800 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
4N91W 8N113W 6N140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDING FROM THE OF S CALIFORNIA
TO 20N140W OVER THE PACIFIC. A COPIOUS PLUME OF MID/UPPER LEVEL
TROPICAL MOISTURE IS STREAMING NEWD OUT AHEAD OF TROUGH INTO THE
SW UNITED STATES AND PRODUCING BROKEN/OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS AND
ISOLATED SHOWERS OVER MUCH OF THE BAJA PENINSULA AND NW MEXICO.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.