Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 04:53:53 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 200953
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN 20 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 20/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 12N WEST
   OF 118W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING THROUGH 28N135W TO
   20N115W.
..A COLD FRONT IS APPROACHING THE NORTHWEST BOUNDARY OF
   THE REGION.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
6N100W 6N110W 6N115W 8N120W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 101W TO 103W
AND WITHIN 60 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 90W TO 92W. CLUSTERS OF
SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 111W TO
123W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45/60 NM SOUTH OF
THE AXIS FROM 99W TO 101W. CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE
WITHIN 150/180 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 103W TO 110W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION ARE
WITHIN 60 NM ALONG THE COAST OF PANAMA AND COSTA RICA SOUTH OF
9N WEST OF 81W. BROKEN/OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE FROM
12N TO 30N FROM 110W TO BEYOND 140W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.