Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 09:43:48 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 231543
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 23 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 23/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT IS ALONG THE NORTHERN FRINGE OF THE AREA NEAR
   32N128W SW TO 31N135 WHERE IT BECOMES A WARM FRONT TO BEYOND
   32N140W.  ISOLATED SHOWERS ALONG THE FRONT FROM 128W-137W.
..1027 MB HIGH IS NEAR 27N142W WITH RIDGE EXTENDING WSW TO
   23N124W 22N107W W OF GUADALAJARA.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 23/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
3N98W 7N109W 2N122W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
FROM 3N-6N BETWEEN 100W-106W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN
30/45 NM OF AXIS FROM 122W-135W.  ISOLATED MODERATE FROM 6N-10N
BETWEEN 99W-108W AND WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 97W-100W.  A
CLUSTER OF MODERATE CONVECTION IS ON THE COAST OF COLOMBIA NEAR
4N77W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM 5N-9N BETWEEN 121W-126W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.