Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:43:30 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 192143
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT 19 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 19/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE N OF 10N AND W OF 115W. A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDS FROM 30N140W TO 17N115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 19/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
6N110W 6N120W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION IS
240 NM WIDE BETWEEN 116W AND 132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS MARINE LAYER IS N OF 13N AND W OF
114W AND THE BAJA PENINSULA. A CYCLONIC CIRCULATION OF BROKEN
MID-LEVEL CLOUDS...THE REMNANTS OF A DISSIPATED SURFACE LOW...IS
CENTERED ABOUT 200NM SW OF MANZANILLO MEXICO. NARROW BAND OF
BROKEN/OVERCAST UPPER LEVEL CIRRUS IS WITHIN 90NM OF A LINE FROM
15N130W TO 28N100W.

$$
FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.