Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 21:40:45 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 220340
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SAT 22 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 22/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W
   WITH A 1026 MB HIGH LOCATED NEAR 28N138W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 10N85W
8N100W 4N128W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 98W TO 100W AND
WITHIN 60/75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 106W TO 114W. CLUSTERS OF
SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 93W TO
98W...WITHIN 75/90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 125W TO 135W...AND WITHIN
75 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 115W TO 120W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 135W TO 138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF
3N FROM 136W TO 139W. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
ARE INLAND AND WITHIN 90 NM ALONG THE COAST FROM PANAMA TO
ECUADOR BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 9N.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.