Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:54:07 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 212153
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 21 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTHEAST OF OUR
AREA...ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 25N140W 20N145W...ARE
MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

COLD FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH AND WEST OF OUR
AREA...ARE WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 30N176W 28N180...HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 25 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB IN AREA BOUNDED BY 03N178W 07N160W 03N144W
01N150W 01N178W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE SECOND COLD FRONT ABOVE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 13.0S 174.0W MOVING SOUTHWEST 10 KT...HAS
ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB...THAT EXTENDED WEST OF THE DATELINE...IN
AREA BOUNDED BY 13S170W 17S170W 15S172E 08S172E 13S170W. SEE LATEST
BULLETIN FROM NADI FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 17S165W
20S150W 25S137W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL DISTURBANCE UNDER TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB IN AREA BOUNDED BY 03S163W 07S163W 07S169W 03S170W
03S163W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.