Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:39:41 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 061536
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU MAR 06 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE

BASED ON 06/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..REMNANT TROUGH DISSIPATING ALONG A LINE FROM 28N138W TO
   22N136W. NO CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM.
..WEAKENING TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 23N110W TO 20N120W TO 23N127W.
   THE TROUGH MARKS A BOUNDARY BETWEEN SCATTERED STRATOCUMULUS
   TO THE S AND BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS TO THE N.
..WEAK 1007 MB LOW WITHIN THE ITCZ NEAR 7N119W MOVING W 15 KT.
   SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A TIGHT CYCLONIC CIRCULATION
   WITH ISOLATED TSTM NEAR 6N120W AND ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM
   6N-8N BETWEEN 118W-121W.
..TROUGH EXTENDS N FROM THE ITCZ FROM 2N106W TO 10N106W.
   SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE TROUGH HAS A
   BROADER CIRCULATION THAN THE LOW TO THE W...BUT MAY IN
   FACT HAVE A CENTER NEAR 7N107W.
..MEAN RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM NW OF 32N133W TO 25N118W

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 06/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
4N90W 7N105W 6.5N120W 5N130W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM
2.5N TO 6N FROM 86W TO 92W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF
6.5N107.5W.  WIDELY SCATTERED NARROW BAND ALONG 10N FROM 103W TO
108W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF 6.3N111.3W.  MODERATE
CELL NEAR 6N120W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 3.5N
TO 6.4N FROM 129W TO 133W.  WIDELY SCATTERRED MODERATE FROM 4.2N
TO 5.4N FRM 134W TO 137W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.