Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:48:50 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 150347
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE 15 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 15/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT ENTERS AREA ALONG THE COAST OF THE BAJA PENINSULA
   NEAR 30N116W AND EXTENDS SW ALONG 24N120W 20N130W.  A THIN
   LINE OF SCATTERED/BROKEN LOW CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS
   ACCOMPANIES THE LEADING EDGE OF THE FRONT. A LARGE FIELD OF
   SCATTERED STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS COVER THE AREA NW OF FRONT.
..SMALL 1018 MB HIGH CENTER IS NEAR 22N118W WITH TWO RIDGES
   EXTENDING NE TO THE BAJA PENINSULA AND SE TO 18N105W.
..RIDGING FROM DISTANT HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE AREA NW OF THE
   COLD FRONT ALONG 30N140W 28N124W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 15/0300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
5N90W 7N104W 6N110W 6N120W 5N130W 5N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 4N-6N BETWEEN 86W-91W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 3N-10N BETWEEN 103W-130W AND FROM
10N-13N BETWEEN 124W-129W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.