Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:10:00 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 251800
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
25/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 010/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 25/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 09   1001 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.4S/62.5E
    (TWELVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SECTOR.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 25/30 KT IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 13.0 SOUTH/60.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 26/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 13.5 SOUTH/59.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  LOW LEVEL CENTRE REMAINS DIFFICULT TO
    PRECISELY LOCATE. THE LOW SHOULD KEEP ON TRACKING
    WESTSOUTHWESTWARD ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL
    HIGH FOR THE NEXT 36 TO 48 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.