Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:44:07 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 050944
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT 05 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
SUBTROPIC JET FROM 14N140W TO 22N110W.

BASED ON 05/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 10N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N79W 7N87W
4N99W 5N114W 6N131W 6N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION NEAR 6N88W
5N94W AND 4N100W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 9N104W TO 5N114W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 7N120W TO 9N128W AND FROM 7N132W TO 7N140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED TO BROKEN CIRRUS ASSOCIATED WITH A SUBTROPIC JET WITHIN 4
DEGREES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 14N140W TO 22N110W.

BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS COVERS THE AREA N OF 15N AND W OF
115W.

$$
RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.