Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion...corrected

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:30:39 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 112230 CCA
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...CORRECTED
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 11 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

..CORRECTION TO POSITION OF TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05F IN SOUTH
PACIFIC...

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...

FRONT...28N140W 21W150W AND EXTENDING NORTHEAST AND CONTINUING AS
SHEARLINE THROUGH 17N170W 18N180 AND EXENDING WEST OF THE DATELINE.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 100NM NORTH OF FRONT AND
SHEARLINE.

SECOND FRONT...THROUGH 30N178W 28N180 AND EXTENDING NORTHEAST AND
SOUTHWEST. OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 100 MILES NORTHWEST OF
FRONT.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 04N140W 06N170W. AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY
07N148W 06N142W 04N143W 04N148W 06N148W HAS MOVED WEST AT
10KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN SIZE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45NM OF
LINE 05N152W 08N167W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED
AND INCREASED IN AREA IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH EQ175W 01N180 AND EXTENDING NORTHWEST.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90NM OF LINE 04N173W 05N176W EQ178W HAVE REMAINED
NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN AREA.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE SECOND FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES ABOVE. THERE ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN STABLE LOW CLOUDS
SOUTHEAST OF THE FRONTAL BAND.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.
THERE ARE NOW ONLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS AND THIN HIGH CLOUDS OVER
JOHNSTON ISLAND.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR SYNOPTIC SCALE WEATHER SYSTEMS.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 05F...DEVELOPING TROPICAL CYCLONE... CENTERED
NEAR 10.9S 179.5S AT 2032 UTC...HAS OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN AREA
EXTENDING ACROSS DATELINE BOUNDED BY 08S179W 13S177W 12S178E
08S179W AND WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 07S176W 07S179W. SEE NFFN
ADVISORIES FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH 25S138W 23S142W. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED
BOUNDED BY 18S134W 25S134W 22S138W 18S134W.

SECOND TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH 25S154W 20S158W. AREA OF BROKEN LAYERED
CLOUDS BOUNDED BY 17S155W 22S147W 26S150W 16S155W HAS MOVED
NORTHWEST AT 10KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN SIZE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NEW OCCASIONAL TCU AND ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 40NM OF LINE
18S164W OVER PAGO PAGO.

ELSEWHERE...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.