Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:45:02 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 170945
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON 17 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 17/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAKENING TROUGH AXIS STRETCHES FROM CABO SAN LAZARO MEXICO
   SW TO 20N120W THEN WSW TO 18N134W.  TROUGH IS BECOMING
   DIFFICULT TO SEPARATE FROM THE NORMAL STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS.
..RIDGE EXTENDS FROM A 1026 MB HIGH NEAR 29N141W SE TO 22N123W
   ACROSS THE TROUGH AXIS TO 19N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/0800 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N83W
5N107W 2N117W 4N123W 2N133W 3N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 83W-91W AND 106W-113W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45/60 NM OF AXIS FROM
113W-121W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 30/45 NM OF AXIS FROM
97W-103W AND 122W-131W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 3.5N86W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.