Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:47:05 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 211546
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI 21 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 21/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..LARGE AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE N OF 10N W OF 105W WITH A 1026 MB
   HIGH CENTERED NEAR 32N134W. WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING
   SE TO W MEXICO NEAR GUADALAJARA.  A SECOND RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS
   SW TO BEYOND 28N140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 21/1500 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION ALONG IS CENTERED ALONG
6N77W 9N90W 7N110W 5N120W 5N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION FROM 4N-6N BETWEEN 129W-133W AND FROM 4N-6N W OF
135W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM
90W-110W AND 119W-129W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
EARLIER CONVECTION ALONG COAST OF COSTA RICA/PANAMA HAS
DISSIPATED.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.