Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:43:31 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 281543
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON 28 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 28/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAKENING COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 31N123W AND
   EXTENDS SW ALONG 28N133W TO 29N140W. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW TO
   MID LEVEL CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 90 NM EITHER
   SIDE OF FRONT.
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION S OF FRONT TO 10N W OF
   100W WITH RIDGE AXIS ALONG 25N140W 27N124W 14N100W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/1500 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
8N90W 8N110W 3N131W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM
5N-9N BETWEEN 85W-90W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM
6N-10N BETWEEN 95W-100W. NUMEROUS STRONG CONVECTION FROM 5N-10N
BETWEEN 100W-107W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 4N-6N
BETWEEN 120W-127W AND FROM 9N-12N BETWEEN 123W-128W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
STRONG SUBTROPICAL JET TO 120 KT ALONG 22N/23N CONTINUES TO
ADVECT AMPLE AMOUNTS OF MID/UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE OVER INTERIOR
MEXICO N OF 18N.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.