Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:55:00 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 060954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 06 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 06N156W 01N172W WERE NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY...BUT DECREASED IN
COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF POINT 02N177W MOVED WEST AT 10
KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE WITH EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
NEAR 13S177W HAD ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM. THE DISTURBANCE AND ITS
ASSOCIATED CB...WHICH WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE...WERE
NEARLY STATIONARY.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 14S169W MOVED
SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 06S175W 10S177W 10S180 05S178W
WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 13S177W AND THE FIRST CB AREA
ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES FOR
THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 03S178W WERE NEARLY STATIONARY
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.