Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 15:40:44 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 052141
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT 05 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 05/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..LARGE AREA OF HIGH PRES N OF 10N W OF 105W EXTENDING FROM A 1033
   MB HIGH NEAR 34N138W. A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM THE HIGH SE TO
   NEAR 16N107W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N83W 5N99W
10N107W 5N118W 9N131W 7N140W. ISOLATED WEAK TO MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 84W-103W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 90NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 103W-110W. SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 90NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 110W-124W. SCATTERED
MODERATE FROM 7N-10N BETWEEN 126W-130W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM
5N-9N W OF 134W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SUBTRPCL JET STREAM STRETCHES FROM THE ITCZ TO NRN MEXICO WITH A
BROKEN DECK OF CIRRUS WITHIN 200NM OF A LINE FROM 12N127W-23N107W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.