Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 21:34:22 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 020333
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC THU 02 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 02/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE EXTENDS FROM A 1024 MB HIGH NEAR 34N126W SWD TO
   20N BETWEEN 120W-135W. WEAK RIDGING EXTENDS ALONG THE COAST
   OF BAJA CALIFORNIA TO NEAR 19N107W.
..SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS ALONG THE SRN CALIFORNIA COAST TO NEAR
   31N115W IN NRN BAJA CALIFORNIA.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 02/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
5N85W 5N99W 7N118W 7N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS
WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 106W-110W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 120NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 114W-120W. SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 129W-134W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.