Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:28:05 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 101800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 019/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 10/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07  - 1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.3S/43.2E
    (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE
    DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTNORTHEAST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT NEAR THE CENTRE BUT REACHING
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND LOCALLY STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS, LOCALLY
    VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 27.8 SOUTH/46.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 29.5 SOUTH/47.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE ARRIVING OF A HIGH IN THE WEST HAS
    SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASE THE BAROMETRIC GRADIENT IN VICINITY OF
    THE EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07 CAUSING STRONG WINDS
(CONFIRMED
    BY QUIKSCAT DATA) IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.