Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 03:54:51 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 280954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 28 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...AREA ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 04N180 06N150W 08N140W
AND BEYOND WAS NEARLY STATIONARY WITH INCREASED SIZE AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
FRONT/SHEAR LINE...AREA ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 23N155W
29N147W 33N145W MOVED EAST AT 15 KT WITH DECREASED SIZE AND
INTENSITY.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/TROUGH...AREAS ISOLATED CB ON EITHER SIDE OF THE DATELINE
WITHIN 60 NM OF LINES 24S177W 41S178W AND 23S175W 32S178E 41S171E
MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN SIZE OR INTENSITY.
TROUGH...AREAS ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 15S159W 24S145W 26S158W AND
18S170W 23S165W 25S168W 23S172W MOVED SOUTH AT 05 KT WITH INCREASED
SIZE AND ITENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
AREA ISOLATED CB EXTENDING ACROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
06S166W 17S174W 12S178E MOVED WEST AT 10 KT WITH INCREASED SIZE AND
INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.