Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:47:08 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 011547
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC TUE 01 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 01/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM THE CENTRAL COAST OF
   CALIFORNIA SW TO 32N124W THROUGH 29N130W TO 28N138W.  THE
   FRONT IS MARKED BY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES OTHERWISE W OF 110W WITH
   ILL-DEFINED RIDGE AXIS ALONG 23N119W TO 26N135W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 01/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
5N92W 8N106W 4N134W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
FROM 4N-7.5N BETWEEN 113W-126W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45/60
NM OF AXIS W OF 137W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30/45 NM
OF AXIS FROM 126W-134W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS
FROM 100W-110W.  CLUSTERS OF MODERATE CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60
NM OF 6N92W AND 4N79W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 10N-12N BETWEEN 109W-112W.  A FEW
SHOWERS WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 18N119W 26N113W AND WITHIN 90 NM OF
15N106W.

$$
BLAKE/ROBERTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.