Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:24:04 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 141800
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 028/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 14/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GERRY )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : 25.8S/65.0E (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL EIGHT
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  18 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER LOCALLY EXISTS UP TO 400
    NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS UP TO 30 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM
    IN THE SOUTHESATERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 27.6 SOUTH/66.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 28.0 SOUTH/68.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  GERRY UNDERGOES A STRONG NORTHWESTERLY
    WINDSHEAR,
SATELLITE DATA CONFIRM THE EXTENSION OF THE STRONGEST WINDS IN
    THE SOUTH-EAST OF THE SYSTEM.
OVER THE 24 HOURS, GERRY IS EXPECTED TO LOOP AND THEN TRACK
    WESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.