Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:54:47 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 170954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 17 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 03N141W 01N155W 05N160W
MOVED WEST SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 05N159W 01N158W 04N165W
MOVED SOUTH SOUTHEAST SLOWLY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.
ISOLATED TO LOCALLY OCCASIONAL CB...WHICH CROSSED THE DATELINE...
WERE WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 04N171W 06N178E AND WERE NEARLY
STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

UPPER TROUGH/SURFACE FRONT...NEW EMBEDDED CB WITHIN AREA OF MULTI-
LAYERED CLOUDS BOUNDED BY 28N165W 24N159W 22N173W MOVED EAST
NORTHEAST AT 10 KT DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NEW ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF 21N158W MOVED NORTH AT 10 KT DURING
THE PAST 6 HOURS. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS
SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND
AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER TROUGH/SURFACE FRONT IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FIRST SURFACE FRONT/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB..WHICH EXTENDED EAST OF
120W...WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16S122W 18S120W AND MOVED EAST
NORTHEAST AT 05 KT AND WEAKENED. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE
17S128W 17S142W MOVED NORTH NORTHEAST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SECOND SURFACE FRONT/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...WHICH EXTENDED ACROSS
THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 24S175W 20S180 16S173E AND
MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST SLOWLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 06S152W 12S151W 08S162W WERE
NEARLY STATIONARY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.