Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:42:36 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 212142
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 21 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W...ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF
A LINE THROUGH 06N140W 03N152W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB...THAT STRADDLED
THE EQUATOR AND EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE IN AREA SOUTH OF A
LINE THROUGH 06N180 05N170W 03N162W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05
KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE HAS ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF
18S175W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...BROAD AREA OF ISOLATED CB IN AREA BOUNDED BY 07S177W
04S160W 15S140W 23S141W 18S154W 18S164W 07S177W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE BUT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 02S152W 08S151W...HAVE
MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENT FOR THIS
PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE RESPONSES
RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED AS REQUIRED.
PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON YOUR USE OF OR
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO: [email-masked] OR CALL
808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.