Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:42:57 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 102142
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC MON 10 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 10/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW
   NORTH OF 14N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 10/1430 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
4N77W 5N90W 4N100W 7N117W 6N127W 8N140W.

SCATTERED...LOCALLY NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG THUNDERSTORMS
ARE LOCATED WITHIN 60-75 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
132W AND 137W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 130W AND 138W...AND WITHIN 90-120 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS
BETWEEN 95W AND 102W.

ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 60-90 NM ON
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 117W AND 123W. ISOLATED MODERATE
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 30-45 NM RADIUS OF 4N85.5W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
MIDDLE/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH THROUGH 31N110W TO 25N120W TO 17N135W.
MODERATE SUBSIDENCE WITHIN 120-240 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH.
UPPER LEVEL JET MAX EXTENDS FROM 23N188W ACROSS THE BAJA
PENINSULA TO MEXICO NEAR 27N110W.

$$
COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.