Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 04:46:29 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 140946
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON 14 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 14/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAKENING COLD FRONT ENTERS AREA NEAR 32N120W SW ALONG 27N124W TO
   23N132W.  WHILE THE SURFACE FRONT IS ILL-DEFINED IN SATELLITE
   IMAGERY...A LARGE FIELD OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS
   CONTINUES TO MOVE SWD OVER THE SUBTROPICAL PACIFIC BEHIND FRONT.
..TROUGH...REINFORCING SHOT OF COOL AIR...LIES NW OF FRONT FROM
   31N127W 27N139W.
..HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE PREVAILS S OF WEAKENING COLD FRONT WITH A
   NARROW RIDGE EXTENDING FROM 22N130W 23N117W 18N107W.
   MODERATE TRADES S OF RIDGE TO 7N W OF 125W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N83W 7N90W
6N100W 5N120W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 4N-6N
BETWEEN 84.5W-86.5W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 3N-7N
BETWEEN 93W-96W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 6N-8N BETWEEN
99W-104W AND FROM 4N-6N BETWEEN 119W-126W.  SIMILAR ACTIVITY FROM
7N-9N BETWEEN 136W-138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.