Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:50:55 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 161450
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC WED 16 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 16/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT MOVING SE OVER N PORTION OF REGION FROM
   32N127W TO 25N136W...THEN DISSIPATING BEYOND 25N140W.
   BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH POSSIBLE SCATTERED
   SHOWERS ALONG AND WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT N OF 29N.
   SCATTERED TO BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE BEHIND THE
   FRONT.
..BROAD AND WEAK HIGH PRESSURE PREVAILS S AND E OF COLD
   FRONT...WITH A 1019 MB HIGH NEAR 26N120W AND RIDGE AXIS SE TO
   19N109W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 16/1430 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
7N86W 5N106W 7N122W 8N131W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION FROM 3N-7.5N BETWEEN 121W-129W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION ALONG AND N OF AXIS FROM
8N-10N BETWEEN 130W-137W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
FROM 4N-7N BETWEEN 103W-108W...AND FROM 6N-9N BETWEEN 110W-113W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM S OF COSTA RICA BETWEEN 8N-9N.
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 3N-5N BETWEEN 93W-97W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
MOLLEDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.