Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:34:39 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 031534
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON 03 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 03/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAK TROF LIES ALONG 140W N OF 10N WITH HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE
   TO THE EAST ALONG 30N130W-15N115W. ENHANCED PRESSURE
   GRADIENT BETWEEN THESE TWO FEATURES IS PRODUCING AN AREA OF
   MODERATE TO STRONG ELY WINDS OVER THE N PORTION OF AREA.
..TROUGH EXTENDS RIGHT ALONG THE COAST OF THE BAJA PENINSULA
   FROM 23N110W TO BEYOND 31N118W. NO SIGNIFICANT
   CLOUDS/CONVECTION.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/1500 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
5N77W 7N90W 4N100W 4N110W 5N120W 7N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT
CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENT FLOW COUPLED WITH BROAD UPPER LEVEL
DIVERGENCE E OF A MID/UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 32N137W IS PRODUCING
A LARGE AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILEVEL CLOUDS AND ISOLATED
SHOWERS FROM 12N-30N BETWEEN 120W-136W.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.