Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:06:06 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 111605
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
165 UTC TUE 11 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 11/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW
   NORTH OF 13N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 11/1545 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N77W 6N87W 6N101W 4N112W 7N123W 6N130W 5N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 60 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 119W AND 140W.

ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 15-20 NM
ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 85W AND 89W...AND WITHIN 30 NM
ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 93W AND 101W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS FROM 7N TO 8.5N
BETWEEN 83W AND 84W...OFF SW COAST OF COSTA RICA.
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...SOUTHERN END OF UPPER LEVEL TROUGH REACHES
20N142W. UPPER LEVEL SW WIND FLOW AND OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS
NORTH OF 10N BETWEEN 129W AND 140W.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.