Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:06:36 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 130000
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 037/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 13/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    955 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.4S/64.0E
    (TWENTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 160 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP
TO 120NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    170NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 21.3 SOUTH/64.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 22.2 SOUTH/64.1 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  KALUNDE SHOULD KEEP ON TRACKING SLOWLY
    SOUTHWARDS AND SHOULD THEN PROGRESSIVLY WEAKEN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.