Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:49:17 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 140348
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC MON 14 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 14/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAKENING COLD FRONT ENTERS AREA NEAR 30N122W SW ALONG 24N130W TO
   23N140W.  WHILE THE SURFACE FRONT HAS LOST MUCH OF ITS IDENTITY
   IN SATELLITE IMAGERY...A LARGE FIELD OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN
   STRATOCUMULUS CONTINUES TO MOVE SWD OVER THE SUBTROPICAL
   PACIFIC BEHIND FRONT.
..HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE PREVAILS S OF COLD FRONT WITH A WEAKENING
   1019 MB HIGH CENTERED NEAR 24N123W AND RIDGING TO THE SE TO NEAR
   19N108W. A SECOND RIDGE EXTENDS NE FROM THE HIGH CENTER TO THE N
   COAST OF THE BAJA PENINSULA.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/0300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N84W 6N90W
6N100W 4N120W 9N136W 7N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION S
OF PANAMA FROM 5N-8N BETWEEN 83W-88W. SIMILAR CONVECTION FROM 4N-8N
BETWEEN 91W-98W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM EITHER
SIDE OF AXIS FROM 100W-130W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM
6N-10N BETWEEN 132W-139W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.