Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 03:50:15 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 060949
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 06 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE...THE LEADING EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND IS
ALONG LINE 30N146W 20N168W 18N180. NORTH OF 25N THIS BAND IS 200 TO
400 MILES WIDE AND CONSISTS OF OVERCAST MULTI LAYER CLOUDS. SOUTH OF
25N THE FRONTAL BAND IS 75 TO 175 MILES WIDE AND CONSISTS OF BROKEN
TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS. THE COLD FRONT IS MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST AT
20 KNOTS ALONG 30N...AND TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST AT 15 KNOTS NEAR
HAWAII. WEST OF 165W THE FRONT BECOMES A SHEAR LINE...WHICH HAS BEEN
MOVING TOWARDS THE SOUTH AT 5 KNOTS.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50 NM OF LINE 05N164W 01N166W MOVED
SOUTHWEST AT 10 KNOTS...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED SLIGHTLY IN
COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR OTHER WEATHER FEATURES.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR OTHER WEATHER FEATURES.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE DOVI CENTERED NEAR 14.2S 162.0W AT 0900
UTC...OCCASIONAL TO FREQUENT CB WITHIN 100 NM OF POINT 15S162W MOVED
SOUTH NEAR 10 KNOTS...WEAKENED SLIGHTLY AND INCREASED SLIGHTLY IN
COVERAGE. AN OUTER RAINBAND WITH ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 75
NM OF LINE 15S166W 12S163W 14S158W 18S160W MOVED SOUTH NEAR 10
KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. THE SYSTEM IS
BETTER ORGANIZED THAN 24 HOURS AGO...WITH PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION
NEAR THE CENTER AND BANDING FEATURES. THE 0600 UTC UW CIMSS SITE
SHOWS 15 KNOTS VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. SEE THE LATEST BULLETINS FROM
THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER AND THE NADI TROPICAL CYCLONE
CENTRE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB BOUNDED BY 05S175W 05S161W 11S160W
09S171W 05S175W MOVED LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 10S174W 20S163W 19S180
10S174W MOVED LITTLE AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SURFACE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR OTHER WEATHER FEATURES.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.