Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:10:12 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 240000
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 24/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   997 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.2S/73.7E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING UP AND REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT
    WITHIN 180 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 15.5 SOUTH/72.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 16.0 SOUTH/71.0 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS ARE DUE TO THE ISOBARIC
    GRADIENT GENERATED BY THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.