Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:47:12 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 112145
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 11 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 04N162W TO
03N153W TO 03N148W. NEW OCCASIONAL CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE
FROM 07N180 TO 07N177W TO 06N174W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SHEAR LINE...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE LINE FROM
21N180 TO 25N170W TO 30N156W TO 31N153W REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CB WITHIN 180 NM OF THE
LINE FROM 21S136W TO 35S130W MOVED NORTHEAST AT 5 KT AND CHANGED
LITTLE IN INTENSITY OR AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NEW OCCASIONAL CB WERE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 06S164W 10S159W
18S165W 11S172W 09S171W 11S167W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM
OF THE LINE FROM 07S179W TO 11S173W.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.