Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 08:01:47 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 071300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/071300Z/071800ZAPR2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/070751ZAPR2003//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 070600Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 26S (INIGO) LOCATED
NEAR 17.5S3 113.8E3, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 260 NM NORTH OF
LEARMONTH, AUSTRALIA, HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 07 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 070900) FOR FURTHER
INFORMATION.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 24.2S8 41.5E0,
APPROXIMATELY 120 NM WEST OF THE SOUTHERN TIP OF MADAGASCAR.
ANIMATED MULTI-SPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS THAT A MID-LEVEL
LOW HAS BEGUN TO BUILD DOWN TO THE SURFACE RESULTING IN A WEAK LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALS A POSSIBLE
CIRCULATION OFF THE COAST OF MADAGASCAR. CONVECTION HAS BEEN
UNORGANIZED AND CYCLING OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY
SHOWS DRY AIR MIXING INTO THE CENTER OF THE AREA, THEREFORE IT IS
NOT EXPECTED TO DEVELOP IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1006 MB. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED POOR AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1).
4. RELEASED BY: CAPT VILPORS, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: VILPORS/RONSSE/MENEBROKER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.