Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:22:21 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 232122
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED 23 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 23/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION N OF 10N W OF 100W
   WITH RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 30N140W 20N117W 13N100W.
   MODERATE TO STRONG TRADES PREVAIL SW OF RIDGE AXIS.
..COLD FRONT APPROACHING N FRINGES OF DISCUSSION AREA ALONG
   36N130W 33N140W

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 23/2045 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N77W
6N90W 12N110W 6N116W 8N133W 6N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION FROM 5N-9N E OF 82W INCLUDING COASTAL REGIONS OF E
PANAMA. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 4N-8N BETWEEN
83W-87W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 112W-118W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION FROM 4N-8N BETWEEN 118W-123W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 5N-9N BETWEEN 127W-131W AND FROM 6N-8N
BETWEEN 135W TO BEYOND 140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH STRETCHES FROM EXTREME N MEXICO AND N
BAJA PENINSULA WSW TO HAWAII WITH A STRONG...80-120 KT...
SUBTROPICAL JET TO THE SOUTH ADVECTING COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF
MID/UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE EWD OVER CENTRAL MEXICO N OF 20N.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.