Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:44:04 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 090942
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN 09 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 09/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A 1009 MB LOW IS CENTERED NORTH OF THE REGION NEAR 33N141W
   WITH A DISSIPATING OCCLUDED FRONT EXTENDING TO A 1006 MB LOW
   CENTERED NEAR 29N135W WITH A COLD FRONT EXTENDING ALONG
   26N131W THEN SOUTHWEST TO 17N140W. A WARM FRONT EXTENDS FROM
   THE 1006 MB LOW ALONG 29N130W TO 23N126W. A POST-FRONTAL
   SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE 1006 MB LOW ALONG 26N134W
   WEST TO 24N141W. THE 1006 MB LOW IS BECOMING THE PROMINENT
   LOW AND THE FRONT SHOULD BECOME OCCLUDED OVER THE NEXT 6 TO
   12 HOURS.
..SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 14N130W TO 5N135W.
..SURFACE TROUGH IS INLAND OVER MEXICO FROM 20N103W NORTH TO
   28N107W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 09/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N78W
3N96W 6N114W 5N119W 10N127W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 86W TO 90W. CLUSTERS
OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60/75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 114W
TO 126W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS INLAND AND ALONG THE
IMMEDIATE COAST OF NORTHWEST COLOMBIA FROM 5N TO 6N. SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS INLAND AND ALONG THE
IMMEDIATE COAST OF SOUTHWEST COLOMBIA FROM 2N TO 3.5N. BROKEN/
OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION ARE EAST OF THE FRONTAL SYSTEM FROM 23N TO 33N
BETWEEN 122W AND 131W. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FROM 25N TO 32N
BETWEEN 131W AND 138W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.