Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:53:22 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 140953
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 14 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 05N154W 08N157W MOVED
NORTHEAST AT 05 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

SURFACE COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE...NEW EMBEDDED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE
21N161W 25N155W MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 15 KT DURING THE PAST 12
HOURS.

NEAR EQUATORIAL TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 02N178W
MOVED NORTH SLOWLY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. OCCASIONAL
TO FREQUENT CB...WHICH EXTENDED WEST OF THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN
60 NM OF LINE 02N180 05N174E AND WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE NORTH PACIFIC. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FIRST SURFACE TROUGH...SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...WHICH EXTENDED
ACROSS THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 04S177W 03S178E
03S171E AND WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
AREA. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 03S175W
06S169W 11S168W 08S177W MOVED WEST NORTHWEST AT 15 KT WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY...BUT A DECREASE IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN
45 NM OF LINE 14S170W 13S173W MOVED SOUTHWEST 05 KT...WEAKENED AND
DECREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 14S155W
18S141W 30S152W MOVED EAST SLOWLY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

SECOND SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 18S138W
21S130W 30S126W MOVED EAST AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE THIRD CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE FIRST SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES FOR THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.