Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:53:44 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 052153
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED MAR 05 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE

BASED ON 05/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING 1018 MB DEEP-LAYERED LOW IS CENTERED NEAR
   27N138W. THE SYSTEM HAS BECOME ILL-DEFINED IN SATELLITE
   IMAGERY WITH THE CENTER OF CIRCULATION DIFFICULT TO LOCATE.
   THE SYSTEM WILL LIKELY DEGENERATE INTO A TROUGH LATER
   TONIGHT. SCATTERED SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS TO THE EAST
   FROM 24N-28N BETWEEN 133W-136W.
..TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE N SEA OR CORTEZ NEAR 30N11SW SW OVER
   THE BAJA PENINSULA ALONG THE NE PORTION OF THE DISCUSSION
   AREA ALONG 23N120W TO 24N127W. THERE IS NO REAL DISCERNIBLE
   WIND SHIFT WITH THE FRONT. HOWEVER...WINDS INCREASE TO 20 KT
   N OF TROUGH. NO SIGNIFICANT CLOUDS/CONVECTION.
..TROUGH EXTENDS NWD FROM THE ITCZ NEAR 4N106W TO 11N100W. THIS
   PERSISTENT FEATURE HAS BEEN DRIFTING SLOWLY WEST OVER THE
   LAST SEVERAL DAYS WITH ENHANCED CONVECTION PRIMARILY ALONG
   THE N EXTENT OF AXIS. CURRENTLY...SCATTERED MODERATE
   CONVECTION FROM 8N-10N BETWEEN 104W-106W WITH ISOLATED
   MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 4N-8N BETWEEN 104W-108W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/2100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
4N90W 6N100W 5N120W 7N136W 6N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS FROM 125W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.