Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 17:03:04 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 122203
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT 12 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 12/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAKENING TROUGH MOVING E 10-15 KT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N120W
   AND EXTENDS SW TO NEAR 25N128W. BROKEN/OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS
   CLOUDS ARE NOTED W OF THE TROUGH NW OF A 24N140W 27N130W TO
   32N124W LINE.
..RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM 27N140W THROUGH TO 18N110W. HIGH PRESSURE
   COVERS THE AREA N OF 15N W OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/2130 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N78W
5N90W  3N100W  3N110W  2N122W  4N130W  5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
134W-139W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 88W-89W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 128W-134W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 103W-106W AND 116W-124W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION FROM 8N-9N BETWEEN
118W-121W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION N OF 7N TO CENTRAL
AMERICA BETWEEN 82W-84W.

$$
AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.