Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:39:10 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 050939
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED MAR 05 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE

BASED ON 05/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING 1017 MB DEEP-LAYERED LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 28N138W
   WITH A REMNANT FRONTAL TROUGH STRETCHING TO 28N136W TO
   26N135W TO 23N138W. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS FROM 28N-30N
   BETWEEN 134-139W. THE LOW IS FORECAST TO DEGENERATE INTO A
   TROUGH AS IT DRIFTS S OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
..TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 30N132W TO 28N124W TO 31N116W MOVING S
   15-20 KT. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW TO MID LEVEL CLOUDS WITHIN 45NM
   OF THE TROUGH E OF 118W ACROSS NRN BAJA CALIFORNIA AND THE
   NRN GULF OF CALIFORNIA.
..TROUGH EXTENDING N FROM THE ITCZ FROM 2N104W TO 10N102W
   MOVING W 10-15 KT. CONVECTION CONTINUES TO PULSE WITHIN THE
   ITCZ JUST W OF THE TROUGH AXIS WITH SCATTERED MODERATE
   CONVECTION NOW FROM 4N-6N BETWEEN 105W-107W.
..RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM 27N131W SE TO 14N102W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N78W
3N88W 7N103W 2N120W...WITH A SECOND AXIS FROM 9N111W 6N120W
7N140W. DISSIPATING ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM 6N-8N BETWEEN
98W-100W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE
SURFACE TROUGH FROM 4N-6N BETWEEN 105W-107W. ISOLATED SHOWERS
WITHIN 30NM OF THE SRN AXIS BETWEEN 114W-117W. ISOLATED SHOWERS
WITHIN 30NM OF THE NRN AXIS BETWEEN 122W-125W AND 129W-135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED CELL OF MODERATE CONVECTION S OF THE ITCZ OFF THE COAST
OF ECUADOR FROM EQ-1N BETWEEN 80W-81W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.