Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 04:01:13 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 041001
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC APRIL 04 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
09N176E 09N175W 05N174W 02N170W 03N177E HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN
30 NM OF LINE 02N168W 01N164W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE
06N149W 06N144W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN AREA
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND BOUNDED BY
30N161W 30N155W 21N159W 22N161W 29N162W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.  FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.  CONVECTION IS JUST EAST AND
NORTHEAST OF NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 10S160W 15S145W
19S144W 19S138W 24S143W 23S151W 15S156W 14S159W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB/TCU ARE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 13S180 12S178W.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.