Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 04:10:47 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 171010
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON 17 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 17/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1004 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 24N139W. OCCLUDED FRONT
   FROM LOW CENTER TO 29N134W. WARM FRONT 29N134W TO 27N125W.
   COLD FRONT FROM 29N134W TO 20N135W AND 13N142W. POST-FRONTAL
   TROUGH FROM LOW CENTER TO 19N141W. BROKEN/OVERCAST
   MULTILAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS AND
   THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 40-50 NM ON EITHER SIDE 14N140W
   20N134W...AND NORTH OF 24N BETWEEN 135W AND 140W.
   SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS NORTH
   OF 20N...BETWEEN 20N131W 24N127W 32N126W AND 135W.
   OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS ALSO NORTH/NW OF
   24N125W 24N119W 32N113W.
..RIDGE 8N113W 19N119W BEYOND 32N125W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/0930 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N78W 4N88W  IS CENTERED ALONG 5N78W 5N85W 3N94W 4N125W 6N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG THUNDERSTORMS IN CLUSTERS...
WITHIN 45 NM RADIUS 4N86.5W...AND WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS 3N89W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS...SOME LOCALLY STRONG...
OFF COAST OF PANAMA FROM 6N TO 8N BETWEEN 81W AND 83W.
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...TROUGH FROM DEEP LAYER CYCLONIC
CIRCULATION CENTER NEAR 24N138W TO 15N139W.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.