Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:39:01 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 120339
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC WED 12 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 12/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW NORTH OF 13N WEST OF 110W
   WITH A 1025 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED NEAR 31N131W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/0245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N77W 7N88W 4N100W 4N115W 6N123W 5N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
60-75 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 86W AND 95W.
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 75-90 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 120W AND 127W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
LARGE AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED SHOWERS COVERS THE AREA FROM 8N TO 23N BETWEEN
120W AND 137W. AT THE MID AND UPPER LEVELS...A CYCLONIC
CIRCULATION NEAR 25N136W IS MOVING NE AT 10-15 KT.

$$
COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.