Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 04:00:49 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 221000
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 22 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 06N179W 05N168W EQ171W 01N180 HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 09N150W 07N148W 05N150W
05N155W 04N158W 06N156W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT IN 15 HOURS...
INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.  NEW ISOLATED CB/TCU ARE WITHIN
30 NM OF LINE 07N142W 05N145W.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 26N147W 22N140W
19N141W 15N149W 15N152W 17N152W 18N149W 23N148W HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST
AT 15 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS...
ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONT THAT EXTENDS NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE
DATELINE...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N180 30N176W 26N180.  FEATURE MOVING
EAST AT 25 TO 30 KT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH (1)...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 06S178E 13S179W 19S177W 22S180 20S176E 11S178E 07S174E
HAVE MOVED WEST AND NORTHWEST AT 10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH (2)...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 12S157W 12S149W
14S139W 21S137W 25S138W 25S141W 19S145W 15S148W 15S157W HAVE MOVED
EAST AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 12S167W 15S170W 14S175W 12S174W HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 10 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 16S129W 21S127W 22S131W 19S133W 18S131W
16S131W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR
INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.