Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:50:25 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 250350
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI 25 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 25/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 32N124W TO BEYOND 28N140W. FRONT IS
   MARKED BY A 100 NM WIDE BAND OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS
   AND ISOLATED SHOWERS.
..HIGH PRESSURE E OF COLD FRONT WITH RIDGE AXIS BECOMING MORE
   NARROW FROM W-E ALONG 22N120W TO 12N97W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
9N90W 8N120W 5N130W 7N140W.  CONVECTION HAS DECREASED
SIGNIFICANTLY COMPARED TO 24 HOURS AGO.  CLUSTER OF MODERATE
CONVECTION IS NEAR 8N86W.  ISOLATED WEAK/MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM
OF LINE 5N124W 12N117W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ
W OF 134W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 6N98W.  A FEW TSTM CELLS ARE
ALONG THE S PANAMA COAST AND WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 10N97W 12N111W.

BROAD W-SW FLOW IS S OF 27N TO LINE 10N140W 20N105W CARRYING
LESS UPPER MOISTURE THAN YESTERDAY.  TROUGH AXIS IS ALONG 130W
BUT THE FLOW IS ONLY WEAKLY CYCLONIC IN THE AREA N OF 27N.  AN
UPPER HIGH CENTERED NEAR 14N102W IS CONTROLLING THE WEATHER IN
THE REST OF THE EPAC.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.