Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:55:20 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 112155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 11 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH...THROUGH 21N140W 10S150W MOVING EAST 15 KT. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LAYERS WITHIN 400 NM SOUTHEAST OF TROUGH INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
LINE OF SHOWERS ALONG LINE 20N165W 26N155W MOVING EAST 5-10 KT.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N158W 26N180 AT 11/2030 UTC MOVING EAST 35 KT.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS/ALTOCUMULUS/ISOLATED SHOWERS ALONG
FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE ESETA NEAR 20S 174E AT 11/2030 UTC MOVING
SOUTHEAST 12 KT. SEE LATEST NADI BULLETIN FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...THROUGH 19S148W 25S138W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED CB
ALONG TROUGH SOUTHEAST OF 22S143W HAVE INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY. BROKEN LAYERS ALONG TROUGH NORTHWEST OF 22S143W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
UPPER TROUGH...THROUGH 20S177E 25S178W NEARLY STATIONARY. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LAYERS/ISOLATED CB WITHIN 175 NM OF TROUGH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.