Subject: Indian-S: Unclas //n03145//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 01:53:05 -0600

WTXS32 PGTW 010900
UNCLAS //N03145//
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ:  TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
RMKS/
    1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (GRAHAM) WARNING NR 004
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   010600Z7 --- NEAR 20.6S8 120.8E1
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 230 DEGREES AT 05 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 050 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 20.6S8 120.8E1
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   011800Z0 --- 21.3S6 120.2E5
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
010900Z0 POSITION NEAR 20.8S0 120.6E9.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 20S (GRAHAM) IS NOW APPROXIMATELY 50 NM
INLAND. TC 20S HAS TRACKED WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 5 KNOTS OVER THE
PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 010530Z9 VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY, RADAR, AND SYNOPTIC DATA. WARNING INTENSITY IS
BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 25 KNOTS. TC 20S
IS EXPECTED TO DISSIPATE THROUGH THE NEXT 12 HOURS, MOVING SLOWLY
WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF A MID-LEVEL RIDGE SOUTH OF
THE SYSTEM. THE AVAILABLE DYNAMIC AIDS INCLUDING NOGAPS, NCEP
AVIATION (AVN), UKMET GLOBAL (EGRR) AND AUSTRALIA'S GLOBAL (TLAPS)
AND REGIONAL (TCLAPS) MODELS ARE IN AGREEMENT WITH THIS SCENARIO.
THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON
WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY
MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 19S
(JAPHET) WARNINGS (WTXS31 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY UPDATES.
RELEASED BY LT SMITH, USN.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.