Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:57:56 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 170355
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC THU 17 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 17/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT MOVING SE OVER N PORTION OF REGION ALONG
   32N126W TO 29N125W 25N130W 24N140W. A NARROW BAND OF
   BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW TO MIDDLE LEVEL CLOUDS ISOLATED  SHOWERS
   ACCOMPANIES THE FRONT WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS.
   SCATTERED TO BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE BEHIND THE
   FRONT.
..BROAD AND WEAK HIGH PRESSURE PREVAILS S AND E OF COLD
   FRONT...WITH A 1018 MB HIGH NEAR 25N125W AND RIDGE AXIS SE TO
   19N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/0330 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
4N91W 8N113W 6N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 90W-97W. SIMILAR ACTIVITY FROM
5N-8N BETWEEN 116W-125W AND FROM 6N-11N BETWEEN 126W-133W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.