Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 00:21:30 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 020600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
02/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 02/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 13  (JAPHET )
    946 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.6S/36.5E
(TWENTY TWO DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY SIX DECIMAL
FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM
IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60KT AND VERY HIGH
SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS
35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 02/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 22.1 SOUTH/35.4 EAST
WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 03/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 21.7 SOUTH/34.4 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  JAPHET STARTS TO LOOSE INTENSITY,
ASSOCIATED CONVECTION HAS CLEARLY DISORGANIZED DURING THE
LAST HOURS, AND KEEPS ON TRACKING TOWARDS THE MOZAMBIQUE
COAST.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.