Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:51:35 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 112152
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 11 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2032 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 300 NM OF THE POINT 25N168W
HAVE MOVED WNW 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSITY.
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 120 NM OF THE LINE 22N150W 25N 160W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 07N178W 09N165W 08N155W
HAVE REMAINED NEARLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY. ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
06N140W 03N155W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH INCREASE IN AREA
AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH. FOR MORE DETAILS...
SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE
DATELINE WITHIN 200 NM OF THE LINE 03S165E 10S180 15S175W 20S175W
HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED WITHIN 120 NM OF THE
LINE 05S175W 10S170W 20S145W HAVE MOVED EAST AT
10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH/DEVELOPING LOW IN
AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 05S110W 05S120W HAVE
MOVED WEST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.