Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 04:55:19 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 090955
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED 09 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 09/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT THROUGH 32N133W BEYOND 27N140W.
   NO DEEP CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY.
..1021 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 28N131W.
   BROAD HIGH PRESSURE AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW
   NORTH OF 12N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 09/0800 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N77W 3N92W 4N110W 6N120W 6N130W 6N140W.

NUMEROUS STRONG FROM 6N TO 8N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W.

ISOLATED MODERATE/LOCALLY STRONG WITHIN 120-150 NM ON
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 108W AND 132W.

ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF
AXIS BETWEEN 88W AND 94W.

MIDDLE/HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ARE BEING STRETCHED AND CARRIED TO THE
NORTHEAST...UNDER THE MIDDLE/UPPER LEVEL SW WIND FLOW...FROM THE
ITCZ TO 15N...BETWEEN 130W AND 140W. ANY CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY IN THIS
AREA IS BEING WEAKENED BECAUSE OF THE MIDDLE/UPPER LEVEL WIND FLOW.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
OFFSHORE WESTERN PANAMA COASTAL WATERS...WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
OF 7N82.5W. MIDDLE/UPPER LEVEL SW WIND FLOW GOES FROM THE BASE
OF A TROUGH JUST TO THE WEST OF 140W...CROSSING JUST SOUTH OF
20N130W...LEADING INTO BROAD ANTICYCLONIC FLOW IN REST OF
EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN NORTH OF 10N EAST OF 130W.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.