Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:39:58 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 232139
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN 23 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 23/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT IN THE NW CORNER OF THE DISCUSSION AREA EXTENDS
   FROM N OF 32N134W SW TO BEYOND 28N140W. BROKEN LOW LEVEL
   CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM OF THE FRONT WITH SCATTERED STRATOCUMULUS
   FILTERING IN FROM THE NW.
..WEAK RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM 27N135W-21N116W SE OF THE COLD
   FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 23/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
7N102W 5N125W 7N130W 4N137W 5N140W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM
OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 86W-88W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 118W-128W. WIDELY
SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 130W-135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.