Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 10:47:43 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 271547
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 27 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 27/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF
   105W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 29N140W 25N120W
   14N105W.
..TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE ITCZ NEAR 8N136W TO NEAR 14N130W.
   WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 11N-14N BETWEEN
   124W-133W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/1430 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
10N100W 8N120W 10N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
5N-8N BETWEEN 81W-84W. NUMEROUS STRONG CONVECTION FROM 7N-11N
BETWEEN 102W-109W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 5N-10N
BETWEEN 109W-115W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 5N-10N
BETWEEN 117W-123W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
STRONG SUBTROPICAL WLY JET CONTINUES TO ADVECT MID/UPPER LEVEL
MOISTURE OVER MUCH OF MEXICO N OF 19N.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.