Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 12:13:32 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 071800
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 07/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    935 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.4S/71.8E
    (THIRTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE WESTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/95 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS
    WITHIN A 40 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE,
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS FROM
    THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS
FROM THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    150 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 14.4 SOUTH/70.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 15.2 SOUTH/68.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSIFICATION IS GOING ON, WITH THE EYE
    BECOMING MORE DEFINED, AND CONVECTION MORE SYMETRIC. THE
    TRACK REMAINS REGULAR SOUTHWESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.