Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 04:00:42 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 171000
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 17 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 06N162W 04N162W 03N168W 02N172W
05N174W 05N167W HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 06N155W 02N152W
01N149W 05N145W HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...ISOLATED TCU THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND WITHIN 45 NM OF
LINE 30N162W 27N166W 26N170W 27N172W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 30 TO 35 KT
AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 09N177W
02N177W 02N177E 06N175E 08N176E HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...
INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 06S175W 11S176W 14S179E 17S177E 11S172E 06S177E HAVE
MOVED WEST AT 2 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH/FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 11S152W 15S133W 21S125W 25S124W 25S131W 19S135W 19S148W
15S149W 14S152W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 KT AND WEAKENED WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 11S169W 11S160W 14S158W 13S167W 14S169W
HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 8 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.