Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 00:19:36 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 110600
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 11/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    950 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.2S/65.3E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM, MAINLY
    IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP TO 130 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 18.7 SOUTH/64.4 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 19.5 SOUTH/63.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  KALUNDE HAS SLOWN DOWN SOUTHWESTWARD
    DURING LAST HOURS. IT IS NOT SURE THAT IT TRACK POLEWARD
    TOWARD THE TROUGH LOCATED SOUTH OF MASCAREIGNES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.