Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 11:00:46 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 061601
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 06 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 06/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..RIDGE FROM 1032 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 33N137W
   TO 24N120W TO 17N113W TO 11N107W. ANTICYCLONIC FLOW
   NORTH OF 10N WEST OF 107W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 06/1530 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N77W 5N90W 5N98W 7N111W 6N118W 7N130W 7N140W.

SCATTERED/NUMEROUS STRONG WITHIN 30-40 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF
AXIS BETWEEN 90W AND 99W...AND WITHIN 75-100 NM ON EITHER SIDE
OF AXIS BETWEEN 129W AND 134W.

SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 120 NM ON EITHER SIDE
OF AXIS BETWEEN 110W AND 118W...AND WITHIN 30-45 NM ON EITHER
SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 138W AND 140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
HIGH CLOUDS FROM THE SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM CONTINUE TO MOVE
NORTHEASTWARD TO MEXICO...WITHIN 250 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF
12N120W 17N110W BEYOND PUERTO VALLARTA IN MEXICO.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.