Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:33:07 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 180333
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE 18 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 18/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A 1029 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 34N134W WITH A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDING SE TO 15N109W. A SECOND RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM THE
   HIGH SW TO BEYOND 30N140W. A TIGHT PRESSURE GRADIENT ALONG
   THE ERN PERIPHERY OF THE HIGH IS PRODUCING 25-30 KT NLY WINDS
   W OF THE BAJA PENINSULA N OF 25N.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/0300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 8N82W
7N86W 8N99W 3N110W 6N124W 1N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 82W-87W. SCATTERED MODERATE
WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 97W-103W. ISOLATED WEAK TO
MODERATE WITHIN 90NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 108W-125W. ISOLATED
MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 125W-128W AND 132W-139W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE COLOMBIA/ECUADOR
COAST S OF 3N. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 2N-5N
BETWEEN 82W-87W. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF A LINE FROM
11N102W TO 9N110W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.