Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:44:19 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 031544
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON 03 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 03/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING FRONTAL TROUGH THROUGH 30N139W TO 24N145W.
WIDELY SCATTER MODERATE SHOWERS/ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NORTH OF
27N BETWEEN 136W AND 139W.
..RIDGE EAST OF DISSIPATING COLD FRONT...THROUGH
   30N129W 10N110W 13N111W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/0800 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
4N77W 5N105W 4N125W 9N135W 7N140W.

SCATTERED SHOWERS/WIDELY SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 60 NM
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 83W TO 87W.
ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60-90
NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS EAST OF 100W.
WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS/ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 45 NM
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS WEST OF 135W.

BROKEN MULTILAYERED CLOUDS AND POSSIBLE SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF 6N BETWEEN 100W AND 130W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...DEEP LAYER TROUGH FROM CYCLONIC
CIRCULATION CENTER NEAR 31N144W THROUGH 30N139W TO 27N139W.
MIDDLE/UPPER TROUGH THROUGH 30N130W 25N127W 18N128W TO
10N137W...SW WIND FLOW TO THE EAST OF TROUGH...PACIFIC MOISTURE
NORTH OF 10N EAST OF TROUGH...POSSIBLE SHOWERS NORTH OF 18N E OF
TROUGH TO 110W.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.