Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:09:33 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 190404
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SAT 19 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 19/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1008 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 16N104W.
   24-HOUR FORECAST INDICATES DISSIPATION.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW NORTH OF 10N
   WEST OF 110W. 1030 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 34N143W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 19/0330 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N78W 5N86W 4N96W 5N110W 7N117W 6N130W 7N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 70-100 NM
ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 116W AND 140W.

ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/LOCALLY STRONG
WITHIN 60-90 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 84W AND 88W.

ISOLATED MODERATE...DISSIPATING DURING LAST 6 HOURS...
WITHIN 40-50 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 94W AND 97W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...TROUGH FROM FOUR CORNERS OF SW U.S.A.
TO CENTRAL BAJA CALIFORNIA. WEAKER TROUGH IN EASTERN PACIFIC
FROM 28N124W TO 19N126W...SURROUNDED BY DRY AIR FROM 20N TO 23N
BETWEEN 120W AND 130W...AND FROM 23N TO 30N BETWEEN 114W AND
130W. UPPER LEVEL ANTICYCLONIC FLOW FROM 20N TO 25N BETWEEN
130W AND 140W...AND FROM 10N TO 20N BETWEEN 130W AND 140W...
SPILLING INTO THE AREA FROM 10N TO 18N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W.
UPPER LEVEL SW FLOW WITHIN 250-275 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF
14N120W BEYOND 23N106W ALONG MEXICO WEST COAST.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.