Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 00:31:44 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 140600
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 042/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 14/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KALUNDE )
    978 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.1S/64.6E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO  240 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 25.5 SOUTH/64.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 26.6 SOUTH/64.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  RELOCATED LOW LEVEL CENTRE. STRONG WINDS
    EXTENDS FAR IN THE SOUTH DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE
    SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.