Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:16:13 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 231800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
23/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 003/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 23/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.0S/74.3E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN  40 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE,
    EXTENDING UP AND REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT
    WITHIN 180 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 15.4 SOUTH/72.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/70.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS ARE DUE TO THE ISOBARIC
    GRADIENT GENERATED BY THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.