Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 03:53:36 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 020953
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN 02 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 02/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT THROUGH 30N136W BEYOND 28N140W. NO DEEP
   THUNDERSTORMS.
..RIDGE 29N128W TO 21N113W TO 12N99W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 02/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION

5N77W 3N83W 6N94W 5N100W 4N110W 5N120W 7N133W 10N138W 9N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 150 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 88W AND 97W.

ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 80 NM ON EITHER
SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 80W AND 86W...WITHIN 60-90 NM ON EITHER
SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W AND 120W...AND WITHIN 30 NM ON EITHER
SIDE OF AXIS WEST OF 137W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NO OTHER DEEP THUNDERSTORMS.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.