Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:51:09 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 122151
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN 12 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 12/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N130W AND EXTENDS SW TO
   BEYOND 24N140W.
..1027 MB HIGH IS NEAR 30N121W.  ANTICYCLONIC FLOW IS N OF
   10N BETWEEN THE MAINLAND THE COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
5N104W  6N128W  5N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
E OF 79W.  ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 84W AND 90W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.