Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:31:56 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 250331
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE 25 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 25/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 32N122W TO 26N127W TO 23N140W. BROKEN
   BAND OF MULTILEVEL CLOUDS WITHIN 30NM OF THE FRONT WITH
   SCATTERED STRATOCUMULUS MOVING SE BEHIND THE FRONT.
..RIDGE EXTENDS FROM NW OF 29N140W SE ACROSS THE COLD FRONT TO
   22N118W AND THEN 12N102W.
..WEAK TROUGH STRADDLING THE GULF OF CALIFORNIA AND BAJA
   CALIFORNIA FROM NEAR YUMA ARIZONA SWD TO 27N114W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N79W
5N85W 10N130W 5N140W. ISOLATED CELL OF MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 94W-95W. DISSIPATING ISOLATED
SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 105W-122W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 123W-130W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MIDDLE AND HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH AN
UPPER LEVEL LOW IN THE AREA FROM 17N-25N BETWEEN 125W-140W.
ISOLATED SHOWERS POSSIBLE IN THE SAME REGION ESPECIALLY FROM
20N-24N BETWEEN 135W-140W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.