Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:56:38 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 131200

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 13/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GERRY )
    940 HPA
    POSITION             : 20.4S/59.9E (TWENTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
        SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  15 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 180 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
        SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE 65/90KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS UP TO
50 NM OF THE
    CENTRE.GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
        WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS, UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHERN
 SEMI-CIRCLE.
 NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
     130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM
         IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
 FORECASTED POSITION 14/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 22.2
SOUTH/62.3 EAST
 WEAKENING.
 FORECASTED POSITION 14/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 24.0 SOUTH/64.3 EAST
  WEAKENING.
  OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  GERRY'S TRACK REMAINS REGULAR.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.