Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:46:02 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 102145
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 10 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE CROSSING THE
DATELINE FROM 23N169E TO 30N176W TO 34N165W MOVED EAST AT 30 KT.

ITCZ...NEW ISOLATED CB WERE IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 10N141W 07N141W
03N147W 02N155W 08N156W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 75 NM OF THE
LINE FROM 05N176W TO 05N172W.

TROUGH...NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE POINT 24N146W. NEW
ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT 28N148W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION
ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 22S145W
TO 26S137W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 15S174W TO
24S170W.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT 28S131W. NEW ISOLATED
CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT 18S154W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 03S176W TO 07S168W. NEW ISOLATED CB
WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE POINT 25S177W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN
60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 14S179W TO 22S179W.

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.