Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 03:50:33 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 050950
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 05 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT...THE LEADING EDGE OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND IS ALONG LINE
30N164W 22N180. THIS BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS 50 TO 150 MILES
WIDE. IT HAS BEEN MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST AT 45 KNOTS LONG 30N...AND
TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST AT 20 KNOTS ALONG THE DATELINE.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 08N162W 02N153W EQ164W 08N162W MOVED
LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR OTHER WEATHER FEATURES. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR OTHER WEATHER FEATURES.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR OTHER WEATHER FEATURES.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION CENTERED NEAR 11.4S 162.8W AT 0900
UTC...OCCASIONAL TO FREQUENT CB WITHIN 50NM OF LINE 08S164W 10S162W
12S161W 13S164W MOVED SOUTH AT 10 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN
INTENSITY OR COVERAGE. THE DEPRESSION LOST NEARLY ALL DEEP
CONVECTION 6 HOURS AGO...BUT DEEP CONVECTION HAS RECENTLY DEVELOPED
NEAR THE APPARENT LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THE SYSTEM REMAINS
POORLY ORGANIZED AND THE CENTER IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE. SEE THE
LATEST BULLETINS FROM THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER AND THE NADI
TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 02S180 08S160W MOVED NORTH AT
5 TO 10 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 07S160W 11S151W 17S152W 15S162W 07S160W MOVED
SOUTH AT 10 KNOTS...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MID TO UPPER LEVEL TROUGH...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 15S150W 24S151W
25S162W 20S164W 15S150W MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 20 KNOTS...WEAKENED AND
DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 08S167W 20S169W
MOVED LITTLE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SURFACE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION OR OTHER WEATHER FEATURES.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.