Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 04:54:47 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 140954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC APRIL 14 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
UPPER TROUGH THROUGH 30N174W 20N180 MOVING EAST 10 KT. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 30N170W 25N174W MOVED NORTHEAST 15 KT AND
DIMINISHED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURE/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...AREA OF ISOLATED CB WITHIN 125 NM OF LINE 07N173W 07N156W IS
NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16F NEAR 16S175W AT 14/0800 UTC MOVING
SOUTHEAST 10-15 KT. SEE LATEST NADI BULLETIN FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LOW NEAR 15S155W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 200 NM
NORTH AND EAST OF LOW REMAIN SPARSE AND DIMINISHED IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
LARGE AREA OF ISOLATED CB WITHIN 200 NM OF LINE 10S177W 20S171W IS
NEARLY STATIONARY. CB HAVE WEAKENED SLIGHTLY.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.