Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 12:25:10 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 081800

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 08/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.1S/70.5E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS TO 300 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE WIND FORCE 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/70.2 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 17.7 SOUTH/68.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE UPPER LEVELS CONDITIONS REMAIN
    FAVORABLE TO INTENSIFICATION, AND CONVECTION SHOWS NOW A
    BETTER ORGANIZATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.