Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:32:54 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 301800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/301800Z/311800ZJAN2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/301352ZJAN2003//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 301500Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE 11S (FARI) WAS LOCATED NEAR
24.4S0 42.3E9, APPROXIMATELY 85 NM WEST OF THE SOUTHWESTERN COAST OF
MADAGASCAR. TC 11S HAS TRACKED SOUTHWARD AT 09 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6
HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 301130Z8 MULTISPECTRAL
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND AVAILABLE SYNOPTIC DATA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 30 GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 301500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/KENDALL/RONSSE/ANDERSON/MENEBROKER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.