Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:53:06 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 091552
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU 09 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 09/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..TROUGH...REMNANT OF DISSIPATED COLD FRONT...IS FROM 30N126W
   TO 25N128W TO 21N134W. NO DEEP CONVECTION.
..1020 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 27N118W.
..1020 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 25N141W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 09/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N78W
6N85W 5N100W 6N115W 7N128W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 87W AND
97W...AND BETWEEN 100W AND 105W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 127W AND
129W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS ALONG
AXIS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF 2.5N80W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.