Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 00:18:49 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 240600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
24/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 24/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 09   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.0S/72.2E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  10 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 13S AND
    17S, FROM 67E TO 77E.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30
    KT UP TO 120 MN FROM THE ESTIMATED CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 24/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 16.7 SOUTH/69.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 25/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 17.7 SOUTH/67.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS EXIST IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL
    HIGH PRESSURES LOCATED IN THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM.
CONVECTION HAS DISORGANIZED, AND CENTRE REMAINS DIFFICULT TO
    LOCATE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.