Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:56:30 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 110956
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE 11 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 11/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1001 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 26N131W. OCCLUDED FRONT
   FROM LOW CENTER TO 30N130W AND CURVING TO 29N122W. COLD FRONT
   29N122W 20N121W TO 13N127W. TROUGH FROM 13N127W TO 8N132W.
   SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG THUNDERSTORMS FROM 8N TO 12N
   BETWEEN 122W AND 125W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
   THUNDERSTORMS FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 126W AND 128W.
   ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN
   120 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF 31N117W 26N117W 18N120W 13N124W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 11/0930 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
4N78W 4N94W 4N108W 5N113W 10N123W 10N128W 7N135W 5N140W.

ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS IN BROKEN
LOW AND MIDDLE LEVEL CLOUDS...WITHIN 90-150 NM ON EITHER
SIDE OF AXIS EAST OF 110W...WITHIN 90 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF
AXIS BETWEEN 110W AND 120W...AND WITHIN 45-60 NM ON EITHER
SIDE OF AXIS WEST OF 130W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...DEEP LAYER CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER
NEAR 28N129W..SUPPORTING SURFACE 1001 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER
NEAR 26N131W.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.