Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:49:51 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 310600

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 032/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 31/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 09  (FARI )
    999 HPA
    POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.4S/43.5E
        (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE
    DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
    MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  13 KT
    MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 310
NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP
        TO 500 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR
    THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT IN THE
        SOUTHERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 31/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 29.5
SOUTH/45.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 30.6 SOUTH/45.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE SYSTEM IS NORTHWESTERLY SHEARED.
THE SYSTEM HAS STARTED TO BECOME EXTRATROPICAL, AND IS EXPECTED
    TO TRACK SOUTHEASTWARD.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.