Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:36:46 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 050936
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN 05 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 05/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..ONE HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE ENTERS THE AREA NEAR 31N127W SE TO
   21N109W.  SECOND RIDGE EXTENDS SW FROM 31N131W TO BEYOND
   23N140W.  ANTICYCLONIC FLOW IS N OF 10N W OF 109W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
3N90W 5N100W 8N110W 6N130W 6N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 109W AND 121W.
ISOLATED MODERATE IS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINES 7N90W 5N99W AND 4N77W
3N91W.  A FEW SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 128W-131W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
AN UPPER TROUGH IS ASSISTING PRODUCTION OF SCATTERED SHOWERS/
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF 13N114W.

BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.