Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 03:55:07 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 280954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 28 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...28N160W THROUGH 30N158W CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH
25N165W 23N174W. SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY. FRONT MOVING EAST
20-25 KT. ISOLATED CB ALONG FRONT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST
CUMULUS/ISOLATED TCU/SHOWERS ALONG SHEAR LINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...AREA OF ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50 NM OF LINE 07N146W 08N140W
EXTENDS EAST AND IS NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...THROUGH 25S180 20S170E MOVING EAST 5-10 KT. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LAYERS/ISOLATED CB ALONG TROUGH.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 125 NM OF LINE 08S173W 18S169W ARE NEARLY
STATIONARY AND WEAKENED.

ELSEWHERE...
TROUGH...THROUGH 13S141W 25S137W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED CB
ALONG TROUGH REMAIN SPARSE AND DIMINISHED IN COVERAGE.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.