Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 23:05:03 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 100405
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC THU 10 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 10/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A WEAKENING COLD FRONT EXTENDS THROUGH 32N131W TO BEYOND 27N140W.
..A 1023 MB HIGH PRESSURE IS CENTERED NEAR 28N130W. A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDS SE FROM THE HIGH TO SOCORRO ISLAND NEAR 19N111W. BROAD
   HIGH PRES AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW COVERS THE AREA N OF 10N W OF
   110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 09/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
6N77W 4N95W 5N110W 8N130W 5N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG WITHIN 60-90 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS
BETWEEN 110W AND 120W. SCATTERED STRONG WITHIN 60-90 NM ON
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 126W AND 130W. ISOLATED TO WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE/LOCALLY STRONG WITHIN 200 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF
AXIS EAST OF 90W...AND WITHIN 90 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS OF REST
OF AXIS WEST OF 110W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
TROUGH FROM CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER NEAR 32N121W TO
28N122W. UPPER LEVEL JET STREAM WITHIN 400 NM ON EITHER SIDE
OF 12N127W 19N115W BEYOND 24N108W. WIND SPEEDS REACH 100 KT
IN THE JET STREAM.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.