Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 09:34:18 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 121533
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 12 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 12/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N131W AND EXTENDS SW TO
   BEYOND 25N140W.
..WEAK SURFACE TROUGH ALONG W COAST OF MEXICO.
..1024 MB HIGH NEAR 29N122W PROVIDING ANTICYCLONIC FLOW N OF
   10N BETWEEN THE SURFACE TROUGH AND COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
3N93W 5N106W 6N130W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM
3N-5N BETWEEN 77W-79W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM
OF AXIS FROM 84W-90W.  A FEW CLUSTERS OF SHOWERS ARE NEAR 3N93W
4N100W 5N106W AND WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS FROM 125W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE SW MEXICAN COASTLINE FROM
ACAPULCO TO MANZANILLO.

BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.