Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 00:35:34 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 050600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND/
SOUTH PACIFIC OCEAN/050600Z/060600ZFEB2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050651ZFEB2003//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.8S9
163.0W0 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10.8S9 163.0W0, APPROXIMATELY 495 NM
EAST-NORTHEAST OF PAGO PAGO. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL AND ENHANCED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE DEEP CONVECTION
CONTINUES TO ORGANIZE OVER AN AREA OF BROAD TROUGHING AT THE
SURFACE. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES FAVORABLE OUTFLOW ALOFT
ASSOCIATED WITH A POINT SOURCE AND MINIMAL VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS AND
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB. SEE REF A

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.