Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:49:42 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 152149
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC TUE 15 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 15/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT NEAR BAJA CALIFORNIA HAS DISSIPATED.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE AHEAD OF NEXT COLD FRONT... FROM BEYOND
   32N133W TO BEYOND 30N140W.  A FRESH BATCH OF SCATTERED TO
   OCCASIONALLY BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE BEHIND THE FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 15/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N77W
3N95W 7N110W 8N130W 7N140W.  CONVECTION IS NOTABLY MORE ACTIVE
THAN YESTERDAY AT THIS TIME WITH SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM
OF AXIS FROM 85W-94W AND WITHIN 30/45 NM OF AXIS FROM
110W-120W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM
132W AND WITHIN A SIMILAR DISTANCE OF LINE 5N106W 6N117W.
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 99W-109W.   A
CLUSTER OF MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF 6.5N130W AND
4N85W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
DISSIPATING MODERATE CONVECTION NEAR THE COSTA RICA COASTLINE
NEAR 8N84W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.