Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:07:01 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 110000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 11/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07  - 1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.3S/43.2E
    (TWENTY SIX DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE
    DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHNORTHEAST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT NEAR THE CENTRE BUT REACHING
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND LOCALLY STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT IN
    THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS, LOCALLY
    VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 26.6 SOUTH/44.5 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 28.3 SOUTH/45.8 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE ARRIVING OF A HIGH IN THE WEST HAS
    SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASE THE BAROMETRIC GRADIENT IN VICINITY OF
    THE EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07 CAUSING STRONG WINDS IN THE
    SOUTHERN SECTOR OF THE SYSTEM, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.