Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 00:39:59 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 150600
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
15/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 030/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 15/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GERRY )
    992 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.2S/66.3E
    (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL
    THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER LOCALLY EXISTS BETWEEN 100
    NM AND  400 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40K T AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 28.0 SOUTH/68.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 16/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 28.2 SOUTH/69.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  GERRY IS STRONGLY NORTHWESTERLY WIND
    SHEARED, STRONGEST WINDS ARE IN THE SOUTH-EAST OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.