Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 10:05:22 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 041605
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI 04 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 04/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..RIDGE THROUGH 32N140W TO 28N129W TO 24N118W TO 19N109W.
   HIGH PRESSURE AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW NORTH OF 14N WEST OF 108W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 04/1530 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N78W 5N91W 5N110W 8N130W 7N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF COLOMBIA COAST
FROM 4N TO 7N. WARMING CLOUD TOP TEMPERATURES AND DISSIPATING
CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF COLOMBIA COAST
FROM 3N TO 7N.

ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE/LOCALLY STRONG WITHIN
30-45 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 82W AND 105W...AND
WITHIN 100 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 108W AND 112W.

ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 120-180 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS
WEST OF 120W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM CURVES ANTICYCLONICALLY FROM 18N120W TO
SOUTHERN BAJA CALIFORNIA AND INLAND OVER N CENTRAL MEXICO.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.