Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:37:37 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 280337
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC MON 28 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 28/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N127W AND EXTENDS TO
   29N135W.
..SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 11N128W ALONG 10N134W TO 6N138W.
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REMAINDER OF THE REGION NORTH OF
   16N WEST OF 118W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING FROM A 1018 MB
   HIGH LOCATED NEAR 25N131W TO 18N118W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
9N94W 8N106W 5N118W 6N134W 7N140W. SCATTERED STRONG CONVECTION
IS WITHIN 150 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 104W TO 108W. SCATTERED
MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
93W TO 96W...WITHIN 90/120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 111W TO 117W...
WITHIN 90 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 96W TO 99W...AND WITHIN
90/120 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 103W TO 107W. SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90/120 NM OF THE
AXIS FROM 108W TO 111W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS INLAND AND
WITHIN 45 NM ALONG THE COAST OF ECUADOR AND COLOMBIA FROM 1N TO
3.5N AND WITHIN A 45 NM RADIUS OF 6N94W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.