Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:29:54 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 130000

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 13/02/2003
AT 0000 UTC WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 13/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 11  (HAPE )
    970 HPA
    POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.5S/70.5E
        (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL FIVE
    DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
    MOVEMENT             : EASTNORTHEAST  10 KT
    MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 80 NM
        RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM
IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
    HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
        STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
    RADIUS OF CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY
ROUGH TO
    HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
    NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
        80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 15.0 SOUTH/72.0 EAST
WEAKENING. FORECASTED POSITION 14/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 15.0
SOUTH/73.5 EAST  WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   : NIL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.