Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 22:35:08 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 130335
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SUN 13 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 13/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAKENING TROUGH MOVING E 10-15 KT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 30N120W
   AND EXTENDS SW TO NEAR 26N125W. TROUGH IS LOSING IDENTITY IN
   SATELLITE IMAGERY.
..TROUGH ENTERING THE NW PORTION OF AREA ALONG 31N130W 29N140W.
   TROUGH MARKS THE LEADING EDGE OF A COOLER AIRMASS WITH A LARGE
   FIELD OF BROKEN/OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS TO THE NORTH.
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA N OF 10N W OF 105W
   WITH A NARROW RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING FROM 26N140W TO 17N105W.
   ENHANCED TRADES S OF RIDGE W OF 120W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 13/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W 8N85W
6N100W 4N120W 5N130W 7N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
FROM 7N-9N BETWEEN 133W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.