Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:50:00 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 252149
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 25 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...OCCASIONAL CBS WITHIN 3DEG OF LINE 06N178W 06N171W
MOVED W 4DEG. NO CHANGE IN INTENSITY.
ISOLATED CBS WITHIN 1DEG OF LINE 07N161W 07N145W 05N140W
STATIONARY. WEAKENING.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ISOLATED CBS WITHIN AREA 10S180 05S170W 16S159W 10S180 STATIONARY.
NO CHANGE IN INTENSITY.
ISOLATED CBS WITHIN 2DEG OF POINT 21S142W MOVED E 5DEG.
WEAKENING.
ISOLATED CBS WITHIN 1DEG OF POINT 20S179W MOVED NE 4DEG.
WEAKENING.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ABOVE CBS TO REMAIN NORTH OF SAMOA.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

MATSUDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.