Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:21:17 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 140000
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 14/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 11  (HAPE )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.7S/72.5E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY TWO DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EAST  4 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 80 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING  UP TO 150 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
 GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 14.8 SOUTH/73.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/74.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION HAS REBUILT WHITH CDO, BUT THE
    WARM CORE CAN'T BE DETECTED ON MICRO-WAVE IMAGERY. THAT MEANS
    THAT THE LOW LEVEL CENTRE IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE AND THE
    SYSTEM STARTS TO WEAKEN. BEGINNING OF A LIGHT EASTERLY
    SHEARING POSSIBLE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.