Subject: Pacific-SW: South Pacific Ocean/030600z/040600zjan2003//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 23:16:50 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 030600
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND/
SOUTH PACIFIC OCEAN/030600Z/040600ZJAN2003//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS
NEAR 10.2S3 130.3E7, IN THE TIMOR SEA. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL,
INFRARED AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE A BROAD AREA OF
POORLY ORGANIZED CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A DEVELOPING LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 022054Z3 QUIKSCAT PASS INDICATES AN
ELONGATED CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE MONSOON TROUGH. UPPER-
LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND FAVORABLE
DIVERGENCE OVER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 12 TO 18 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/INGRAM/HEATH/VAN LOAN/MENEBROKER/COOK//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.