Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:50:15 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 252150
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 25 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...AREA ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 26N170W 33N167W MOVED
EAST AT 30 KT WITH INCREASED SIZE AND INTENSITY.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 04N150W 06N140W AND BEYOND WAS
NEARLY STATIONARY WITH INCREASED SIZE AND INTENSITY.  AREA ISOLATED
CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 04N160W 02N167W WAS NEARLY STATIONARY WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN SIZE OR INTENSITY.  AREA ISOLATED CB EXTENDING
ACROSS THE DATELINE/EQUATOR AND BOUNDED BY 07N164E 07N170W 03S166E
WAS NEARLY STATIONARY WITH DECREASED SIZE AND INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...AREA ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 04S174W 06S160W 14S163W 20S154W
25S154W 25S157W 18S165W 13S165W 04S175W WAS NEARLY STATIONARY WITH
INCREASED SIZE AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 10S143W 14S145W 16S152W 12S152W MOVED
WEST AT 20 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN SIZE OR INTENSITY.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.