Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 05:00:07 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 250959
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC APRIL 25 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 07N153W 08N145W 03N150W.
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 09N166W 03N172W 07N178W MOVED NW 10KT AND
WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 21S144W
24S140W...CONTINUES SE OF 24S140W.

TROUGH...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 09S179W 05S166W 10S166W REMAINED
NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

M BALLARD

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.