Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 16:52:28 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 062152
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 06 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
AREA ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 26N161W 25N158W
26N161W MOVED EAST AT 05 KT WITH DECREASED SIZE AND INTENSITY.  FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DESCRIPTION FOR MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 16N148W 12N140W EQ165W 03N170W 09N154W
15N158W WAS NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN SIZE OR
INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...AREA ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 03S153W 23S147W 25S150W 22S157W
10S160W MOVED SOUTH AT 10 KT WITH INCREASED SIZE AND DECREASED
INTENSITY.
CONVERGENCE BAND...NEW AREA ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB HAS FORMED
WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 04S141W 04S148W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA ISOLATED CB EXTENDING ACROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
06S178E 07S173W 11S176W MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 20 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN SIZE OR INTENSITY.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.