Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 16:55:04 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 132154
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 13 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED TO LOCALLY OCCASIONAL CB...WHICH EXTENDED EAST OF
140W...WERE WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 08N140W 08N147W AND MOVED WEST AT
05 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90
NM OF LINE 08N166W 04N175W WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 27N178W 29N175W
32N173W MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES IN THE NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DISTURBANCE...POSSIBLE DEVELOPING TROPICAL CYCLONE...HAD A
BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 14.8S 177.8W AT 2100 UTC.
ASSOCIATED OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 60 NM OF THE CENTER MOVED EAST
SOUTHEAST AT 05 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.
ALSO...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 08S178W
13S175W MOVED EAST AT 05...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...OCCASIONAL TO FREQUENT CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
12S169W 18S171W 15S174W MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED
AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
22S171W 20S168W 26S171W MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE FIRST CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 12S153W 16S150W WERE NEARLY
STATIONARY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

HOUSTON

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.