Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:25:07 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 141800
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
14/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 044/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 14/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KALUNDE )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : 25.9S/65.2E (TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL NINE
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FIVE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  9 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS LOCALLY UP TO 300
    NM OF THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE
    EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 27.6 SOUTH/65.5 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 15/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 29.8 SOUTH/65.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  KALUNDE HAS STARTED TO BECOME AN
    EXTRATROPICAL SYSTEM DUE TO A STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.