Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 09:48:47 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 051548
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC WED 05 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 05/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1016 MB HIGH CENTERED OVER THE BAJA PENINSULA NEAR 26N112W.
..NARROW SURFACE TROUGH JUST OFF THE BAJA PENINSULA COAST FROM
   23N112W TO 30N119W.
..HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE ENTERS AREA NEAR 30N135W EXTENDING SE TO
   16N106W.
..BROAD TROUGH LIES OVER THE W PORTION OF REGION ALONG
   14N116W-27N142W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/1500 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
3N90W 4N100W 8N110W 7N120W 7N130W 7N140W.  ISOLATED WARM TOPPED
CONVECTION WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 86W-91W AND
95W-105W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 8N-9N BETWEEN
124W-125W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 133W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
A LARGE PLUME OF BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH WIDELY
SCATTERED SHOWERS LIES WITHIN 250 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM
12N136W TO 20N120W. HIGH CLOUDINESS CONTINUES NEWD OVER THE BAJA
PENINSULA AND N MEXICO.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.