Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 06:12:34 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 091200
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 023/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 09/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    915 HPA
POSITION             : 16.0S/67.8E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM, MAINLY
    IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/110 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 16.9 SOUTH/66.8 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 18.0 SOUTH/65.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  KALUNDE KEEPS ON TRACKING
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD, IN DIRECTION OF AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURES,
    LOCATED SOUTH OF MASCAREIGNES AND FORECATED TO MOVE EASTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.