Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:49:26 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 202149
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC THU 20 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 20/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE COVERS REGION N OF ITCZ W OF 105W WITH A
   1029 MB CENTER NEAR 31N136W AND ASSOCIATED AXIS SE TO 24N122W
   THEN 14N106W.
..ANOMALOUS WESTERLY WINDS STILL CONTINUE INTO CENTRAL AMERICA.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION ALONG IS CENTERED ALONG
8N82W 9N100W 8N110W 6N120W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN
30/45 NM OF AXIS W OF 129W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN
45/60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 98W-104W...109W-113W AND 119W-126W.
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 6N116W AND 8N105W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE IS WELL S OF THE ITCZ NE OF THE GALAPAGOS
ISLANDS FROM EQ-3N BETWEEN 87W-91W.  A SMALLER CLUSTER OF
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF 4N93W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE IS WITHIN 30 NM OF THE COAST OF COLOMBIA FROM 3N-6N.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.