Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:47:00 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 192146
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN 19 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 19/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1024 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 28N125W. A
   RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS SW FROM THE HIGH CENTER THROUGH
   20N140W.
..DISSIPATING COLD FRONT IS APPROACHING THE NW PART OF THE
   DISCUSSION AREA.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 19/2115 UTC...
ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N78W
6N90W 5N110W 4N125W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS LOCATED WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 82W AND 89W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS...SOME
STRONG...ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COLD FRONT N OF 26N W OF
135W.

CAB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.