Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 18:14:23 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 070000

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
07/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 07/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 07  - 1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.8S/38.1E
    (EIGHTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY EIGHT
    DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 30 KT IN THE
    EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLES. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
    STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 20.2 SOUTH/37.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 08/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 21.0 SOUTH/38.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  DIFFICULTY TO LOCATE THE CENTRE.
WEAK INTENSITY OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO THE PRESENCE OF STRONG
    WESTERLY TO NORTHWESTERLY WINDS IN THE UPPER LEVELS (VERTICAL
    WIND SHEAR).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.