Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:00:57 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 212200
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 21 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 05N179W TO 08N161W TO
05N151W TO 06N140W EXTENDS EASTWARD...ARE NEARLY STATIONARY...AND
HAVE CHANGED LITTLE IN SIZE AND INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 09S171W 11S165W 16S170W MOVED WEST AT 10 KT
AND INCREASED IN SIZE AND INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF 15S179W IS NEW.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST OFFICE IN HONOLULU IS
REQUESTING FEEDBACK CONCERNING YOUR THE USE OF OR REQUIREMENT FOR
THIS PRODUCT. PLEASE E:MAIL YOUR COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003
TO: [email-masked] OR CALL 808-973-5276. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THIS PRODUCT MAY BE MODIFIED OR ELIMINATED AS
REQUIRED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.