Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:39:31 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 252138
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 25 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
DISSIPATED FRONT...THE EASTERN EDGE OF A CLOUD BAND IS ALONG LINE
29N156W 27N168W 19N180. NORTH OF 28N THIS BAND OF BROKEN LAYER
CLOUDS IS 225 NM WIDE. SOUTH OF 28N THE BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS
125 NM WIDE. THIS FEATURE HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY.

STATIONARY FRONT...THE EASTERN EDGE OF A WEAKENING FRONTAL CLOUD
BAND IS ALONG LINE 30N177W 28N180. THIS RAGGED BAND OF SCATTERED TO
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS 200 NM WIDE...AND HAS BECOME STATIONARY.

ITCZ...A FEW CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 06N140W
05N157W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 04N170W 03N180 MOVED
LITTLE...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED SLIGHTLY IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DISSIPATED FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE LOW NEAR 19S 137W...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE
15S133W 20S136W MOVED NORTHWEST AT 10 KNOTS...WEAKENED AND CHANGED
LITTLE IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE TROUGH OVER THE SAMOAN ISLANDS BECOMING A CZ EAST OF THE
ISLANDS...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 250 NM OF LINE 10S175W 19S152W MOVED
LITTLE...WEAKENED AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SURFACE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
A FEW CB HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 03S174W
07S163W 13S156W.

FOURNIER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.