Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Bulletin (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 00:12:44 -0600

WTIO30 FMEE 010600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST BULLETIN (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
4.A NUMBER OF BULLETIN              : 8/13/20022003
1.A INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE (JAPHET)
2.A POSITION AT 0600 UTC  01/03/2003 : 23.7S/37.6E (TWENTY THREE
    DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY SEVEN DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES EAST).
3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                 : 5.5/6.0  /D 1.5/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE                : 927 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN)  : 100 KT
6.A EXTENSION OF WIND OF 30 KT AND OVER :
    NE30: 250 KM   SE30: 450 KM
    SW30: 450 KM   NW30: 300 KM
7.A 1ST CLOSED ISOBAR (PRESSURE/AVERAGE DIAM) : 1008 HPA / 800 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION : DEEP
1.B FORECAST 12H                    : 23.5S / 37.5E FI=5.5

2.B FORECAST 24H                    : 23.4S / 37.4E FI=5.5

3.B FORECAST 48H                    : 23.2S / 36.4E FI=5.5

4.B OTHER INFORMATIONS              : EYE DIAMETER IS 15 NM.
    CONDITIONS REMAIN FAVORABLES WITH A WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
    AND A GOOD UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENCE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.