Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:39:06 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 070938
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC FRI 07 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 07/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAK 1008 MB LOW IS INLAND OVER SOUTH MEXICO NEAR 18N96W.
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 20W FROM 123W
   TO 143W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 07/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
4N94W 5N111W 7N125W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 94W TO 96W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
111W TO 113W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 175/200 NM OF A LINE
FROM 14N110W ACROSS THE SOUTHERN TIP OF THE BAJA PENINSULA TO
OVER MEXICO NEAR 24N107W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.