Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:29:31 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 280929
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE 28 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 28/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE MAJORITY OF THE DISCUSSION AREA W
   OF 110W EXTENDING S FROM A 1023 MB HIGH CENTERED W OF SAN
   FRANCISCO. A RIDGE EXTENDS FROM 30N127W TO 16N110W AND A
   SECOND RIDGE EXTENDS FROM 30N137W TO BEYOND 28N140W.
..BROAD TROUGH ALONG THE MEXICAN COAST AND BAJA CALIFORNIA N OF
   15N REACHING N TOWARDS THE COLORADO RIVER BASIN.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N79W
7N108W 7N117W 8N123W 3N138W 3N140W. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS
WITHIN 50NM OF THE COAST OF COLOMBIA ALONG THE AXIS. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 93W-96W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
103W-116W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF A LINE FROM
10N119W-8N129W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF A LINE
FROM 6N123W-4N128W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 130W-135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION ALONG THE COAST OF COLOMBIA BETWEEN
5N-6N. ISOLATED SHOWERS ALONG THE COAST OF COSTA RICA BETWEEN
83W-85W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF 6N87W.

BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.