Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 04:00:35 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 181000
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE 18 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 18/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 10N WEST OF
   115W WITH A 1031 MB HIGH LOCATED NEAR 30N136W. A RIDGE
   AXIS EXTENDS SOUTH TO 10N132W AND WEAKER AXIS SOUTHEAST
   TO 22N115W. TIGHT PRESSURE GRADIENT EAST OF THE HIGH IS
   PRODUCING 25 TO 30 KNOTS NORTHERLY WINDS NORTH OF 26N
   EAST OF 121W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
6N95W 9N104W 10N110W 6N114W 5N125W 2N132W 1N140W. SCATTERED
MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
114W TO 117W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 90 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 124W TO 127W AND WITHIN 90
NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 132W TO 136W. CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR
CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 81W TO 90W...WITHIN
150/180 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 92W TO 103W...WITHIN 75/90 NM OF THE
AXIS FROM 104W TO 112W...AND WITHIN 150 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS
FROM 84W TO 87W. WIDELY SCATTERED CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION
ARE WITHIN 90/120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 115W TO 130W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/75 NM
OF A LINE FROM 2N95.5W TO 2.5N98.5W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.