Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:54:44 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 060954
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 06 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0830 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH...ALONG LINE 32N164W 20N169W MOVING EAST 10 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
ISOLATED CB BETWEEN 90 AND 150 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI WERE
REFORMING EASTWARD 10 KT. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N163W 24N169W CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO
21N176W. FRONT MOVING EAST 15 KT. SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY.

CONVERGENCE ZONE PRECEDES FRONT ALONG LINE 23N164W 30N159W. ISOLATED
CB ALONG CONVERGENCE ZONE. SCATTERED TO BROKEN CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS
ALONG FRONT.

BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS WITHIN 35-50 NM OF LINE
17N180 18N173W 24N167W ASSOCIATED WITH A STATIONARY CONVERGENCE
ZONE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 70 NM OF LINE 06N144W 06N140W EXTEND
EASTWARD AND MOVED WEST 15-20 KT AND REMAIN SPARSE.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...THROUGH 08S180 11S170W 16S165W 18S152W 25S141W IS NEARLY
STATIONARY. BROKEN LAYERS 150 NM OF TROUGH. ISOLATED CB ALONG TROUGH
WEST OF 155W INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SAMOAN ISLANDS LIE ALONG THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE BAND OF DISTURBED
WEATHER ASSOCIATED WITH A TROUGH. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
FRONT...THROUGH 21S133W 25S120W MOVED NORTHEAST 5 KT. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS/CUMULUS ALONG FRONT. ISOLATED CB ALONG FRONT
HAD NEARLY DISSIPATED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.