Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 04:59:28 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 160959
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED 16 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 16/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT MOVING SWD OVER NW PORTION OF REGION FROM 31N130W
   TO 27N140W. SCATTERED TO BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE
   BEHIND THE FRONT.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE PREVAILS S AND E OF COLD WITH A 1022 MB
   HIGH NEAR 26N130W AND RIDGE AXIS SE TO 13N107W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 16/0800 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
6N87W 4N90W 5N110W 6N120W 6N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 84W-95W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 4N-7N BETWEEN 103W-108W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 6N-10N BETWEEN
109W-117W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 5N-8N BETWEEN
122W-130W. SCATTERED STRONG CONVECTION FROM 8N-11N BETWEEN
130W-132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
RHOME

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.