Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 02:27:17 -0500

WTIO22 FMEE 110600
SECURITE
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/04/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/15 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 11/04/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SUBTROPICAL DEPRESSION 15  (LANTO )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 32.4S/55.9E
    (THIRTY TWO DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL
    NINE DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  40 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR
    AND LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM IN A BAND LOCATED IN THE NORTHERN
    SECTOR.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS UP TO 30 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE AND UP TO 50 NM IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR
    AND 100 NM IN THE NORTHEAST.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS UP TO
    100NM, EXTENDING UP TO 180 IN THE SOUTH AND 120 NM IN THE
    NORTHEAST . STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/04/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 34.7 SOUTH/62.1 EAST
  SUBTROPICAL
FORECASTED POSITION 12/04/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 36.0 SOUTH/66.0 EAST
  EXTRATROPICAL
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  AN EYE IS CLEARLY VISIBLE ON SATELLITE
    IMAGERY. THE SYSTEM TRACKS QUICKLY EASTSOUTHEASTWARD TOWARD
    THE POLAR TROUGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.