Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:54:41 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 292154
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 29 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 05N147W 05N151W MOVED WEST
AT 05 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO LOCALLY
OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 05N173W MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB...
WHICH EXTENDED ACROSS THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE
03N176W 03N169E AND MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED
IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE FRONT...NEW EMBEDDED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 23N166W 27N164W
MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 15 KT DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES IN THE NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FIRST SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED
BY 10S174W 12S167W 16S169W 16S174W MOVED NORTH NORTHEAST AT 05 KT...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF
POINT 25S166W MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 05 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SECOND SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 19S140W
MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 05 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE FIRST CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE FIRST SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

HOUSTON

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.