Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 23:27:54 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 040600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND/
SOUTH PACIFIC OCEAN/040600Z/050600ZFEB2003//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS OF
TROPICAL CYCLONE 12P (BENI) HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 21.0S3 151.9E6,
APPROXIMATELY 150 NM OFF THE EAST COAST OF AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED
VISIBLE AND MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS DEEP CONVECTION
TO THE SOUTHEAST OF AN EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC).
DEEP CONVECTION IS PERSISTENT AND DISORGANIZED. 200 MB ANALYSIS
INDICATES MODERATE SHEAR OVER THE SYSTEM, WITH INCREASING SHEAR TO
THE SOUTH, AND MODERATE DIFFLUENCE ALOFT. SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY
INTERACTING WITH AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER EASTERN AUSTRALIA, TO
THE SOUTHWEST OF THE SYSTEM. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS, WITH HIGHER WINDS TO THE SOUTH OF THE
SYSTEM. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
     (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: MAZANY/RONSSE/MENEBROKER/ANDERSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.