Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 06:22:39 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 061200
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
06/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 011/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 06/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 14  (KALUNDE )
    982 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.4S/75.6E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL
    SIX DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE WESTHERN SEMI-CERCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 300 MN IN THE
    SOUTH-EASTERN SECTOR.
STORM WINDS FORCE 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 11.9 SOUTH/74.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 07/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 12.7 SOUTH/73.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  INTENSIFICATION IS GOINIG ON, AND AN EYE
    IS REBUILDING ON THE LAST SATELLITE IMAGERY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.