Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:24:49 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 311800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
31/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 31/12/2002 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 06  (DELFINA )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.9S/40.2E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY DECIMAL TWO
    DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALY UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FROCES WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCES WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 MN RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 01/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 15.7 SOUTH/39.3 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 01/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC:
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS NOW LOCATED IN THE VICINITY
    OF THE MOZAMBICAL COAST, AND IS FORCASTED TO LANDFALL IN THE
    NEXT HOOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.