Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:33:52 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 200333
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC THU 20 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 20/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAK COLD FRONT HAS PULLED UP STATIONARY FROM BEYOND 32N134W
   SW TO BEYOND 30N140W.  NARROW 90 NM WIDE BAND OF LOW/MID
   CLOUDS ACCOMPANIES THE FRONT.
..1026 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 28N136W WITH BROAD RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDING SE ALONG 26N127W 14N106W.
..TYPICAL EASTERLY WINDS OBSERVED W OF CENTRAL AMERICA ARE
   REVERSED...A REFLECTION OF THE VERY LOW PRESSURES OVER THE
   GULF OF MEXICO DUE TO THE LARGE U.S. STORM.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/0300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N78W
4N89W 10N100W 8N105W 6N119W 7N130W 5N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 30/45 NM OF AXIS FROM 120W-132W.  ISOLATED
MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS FROM 100W-112W.  CLUSTERS OF
MODERATE CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF 4N119W...7N94W AND
5N97W.  ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 82W-89W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 6N117W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.