Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:42:09 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 131800
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 13/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 10  (GERRY )
    940 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.0S/61.0E
    (TWENTY TWO DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL
    ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  18 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 150 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
HURRICANE 65/90KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS UP TO 50 NM OF THE
    CENTRE.GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS
    WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS, UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHERN
 SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM
    IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 24.0 SOUTH/62.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 14/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 25.8 SOUTH/64.8 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  GERRY'S TRACK HAS ACCELERATED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.