Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:18:50 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 280600
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
28/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 28/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09   995 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.1S/51.4E
    (NINETEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY ONE DECIMAL
    FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : WESTSOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE NORTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE
    CENTRE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 28/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 19.3 SOUTH/50.0 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 29/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 19.7 SOUTH/48.7 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  GALE FORCE WINDS LOCALLY POSSIBLE UNDER
    SQUALLS, BUT NOT NECESSARILY NEAR THE CENTRE. CONVECTION HAS
    DEVELOPED DURING LAST NIGHT. THE SYSTEM TRACKS TOWARDS
    MALAGASY COASTS AND SHOULD LAND AT THE END OF THE NIGHT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.