Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:13:52 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 201613
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU 20 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 20/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT FROM 1004 MB LOW PRESSURE IN NW ARIZONA/
   EXTREME SE NEVADA...THROUGH 32N114W TO 28N115W TO 23N120W
   TO 22N130W TO 24N138W. NO DEEP THUNDERSTORMS. 1031 MB HIGH
   PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 35N140W TO THE NW OF THE FRONT...
   WITH A RIDGE BUILDING TO THE NW OF THE FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/1530 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N77W 4N90W 3N110W...EQUATOR AT 132W.
ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
60 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 89W AND 97W.
BROKEN MULTILAYERED CLOUDS AND POSSIBLE SHOWERS WITHIN
90 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 97W AND 115W...
AND SOUTH OF 4N BETWEEN WEST OF 115W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER NEAR 21N146W.
UPPER LEVEL ANTICYCLONIC FLOW CROSSES 140W...SOUTH OF 20N...
RIDGE 27N138W 20N131W 15N127W. TROUGH FROM CYCLONIC CIRCULATION
CENTER NEAR 33N116W IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA...TO 27N114W...TO
22N113W...PROVIDING UPPER LEVEL SUPPORT FOR SURFACE 32N114W
24N138W COLD FRONT.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.