Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:57:03 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 200356
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SUN 20 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 20/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 16N WEST
   OF 118W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING THROUGH 32N140W TO
   22N118W.
..A COLD FRONT IS APPROACHING THE NORTHERN BOUNDARY OF
   THE REGION.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N78W
6N89W 7N111W 7N123W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 120 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 116W TO 123W.
CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 45 NM SOUTH OF THE
AXIS FROM 97W TO 102W AND WITHIN 90/120 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS
FROM 114W TO 120W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTIONS WITHIN A 45/60 NM
RADIUS OF 5N123W. BROKEN/OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE FROM
10N TO 30N BETWEEN 113W AND 137W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.