Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 04:43:25 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 270943
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN 27 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 27/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 13N129W THROUGH A 1010 MB LOW
   CENTERED NEAR 10N131W TO 6N132W.
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 20N WEST OF
   113W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING FROM A 1021 MB HIGH
   LOCATED NEAR 28N128W TO 18N116W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
7N90W 10N100W 8N111W 7N120W 11N129W 7N140W. SCATTERED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 101W TO 105W.
CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 75 NM NORTH OF THE
AXIS FROM 105W TO 108W. SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 98W TO 101W...WITHIN 90 NM SOUTH
OF THE AXIS FROM 92W TO 94W...AND WITHIN 120 NM SOUTH OF THE
AXIS FROM 110W TO 112W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60/75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 128W TO 131W.
CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 120 NM OF THE AXIS
FROM 80W TO 84W AND WITHIN 180 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 110W TO
116W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM SOUTH OF THE
AXIS FROM 90W TO 92W. CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN
120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 116W TO 121W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS INLAND AND WITHIN 75/90
NM ALONG THE COAST OF COLOMBIA FROM 2N TO 6N. SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE
FROM 11N124W TO 12N128W. CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE
WITHIN 60 NM ALONG THE COAST OF COSTA RICA 8N TO 9N.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.