Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:55:31 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 272155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 27 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE...FRONT THROUGH 30N162W 23N170W EXTENDING NORTH OF
30N AND EXTENDING AS SHEARLINE TO 20N176W. OVERCAST LAYERS AND
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50 NM OF FRONT NORTH OF 27N. BROKEN TO OVERCAST
LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS AND OCCASIONAL TCU WITHIN 50NM OF
FRONT/SHEARLINE SOUTH OF 27N. FRONT HAS MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 20KT.

ITCZ...ONE SEGMENT THROUGH 07N140W 01N160W AND EXTENDING EAST OF
140W WITH ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50NM OF ITCZ EAST OF 142W AND ISOLATED
TCU EAST OF 150W. SECOND SEGMENT THROUGH 03N173W 02N180 AND
EXTENDING WEST OF 180 WITH ISOLATED CB AND BROKEN LAYERS WITHIN
100NM OF ITCZ.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH 25S140W 08S142W. AREA OF ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL CB AND BROKEN LAYERS BOUNDED BY 08S142W 11S136W 30S136W
19S142W 08S142W HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND EXPANDED.

CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS THROUGH 10S144W 12S166W. AREA OF ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL CB AND BROKEN LAYERS BOUNDED BY 06S164W 10S155W 07S141W
10S142W 14S155W 14S166W 06S164W HAS INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
SIZE IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 12S173W 17S168W 20S170W 20S173W
12S173W HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND EXPANDED IN SIZE.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA OF ISOLATED CB EXTENDING ACROSS DATELINE BOUNDED BY 01S178E
06S176W 10S177W 01S178W HAS MOVED WEST AT 20KT AND WEAKENED. CB
ASSOCIATED WITH ZONE OF SPEED CONVERGENCE.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.