Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 04:11:45 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 010949
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC APRIL 01 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE LOW...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF 28N165W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

SURFACE FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 30N157W
22N161W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W...ARE IN AREA BETWEEN
04N AND 08N EAST OF 147W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE SURFACE FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR
MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE SURFACE LOW/FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 13N173W 13S164W
16S154W 22S155W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF 24S136W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENT FOR THIS
PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE RESPONSES
RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED AS REQUIRED.
PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON YOUR USE OF OR
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO: [email-masked] OR CALL
808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.