Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 00:13:44 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 120600

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 025/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 12/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : DISSIPATING LOW 07  - 1006 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.0S/45.0E
    (TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY FIVE
    DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : EASTSOUTHEAST  11 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FAR FROM THE CENTRE
    BETWEEN 250 NM AND 400 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

RESIDUAL CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR
    GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT UP TO 120 NM FROM THE ESTIMATED CENTRE
    IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE,  MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 27.5 SOUTH/43.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 13/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: DISSIPATED
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE STRONGEST WINDS IN THE SOUTH OF THE
    RESIDUAL LOW ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL
    HIGH PRESSURES EXISTING IN THE SOUTH. THE SYSTEM IS ALMOST
    DISSIPATED.
    THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ISSUED ON THIS SYSTEM UNLESS
    REINTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.