Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 09:55:44 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 021555
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU 02 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 02/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT THROUGH 32N138W BEYOND 30N142W.
..RIDGE FROM 1024 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 32N127W
   TO 27N130W 23N137W BEYOND 22N140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 02/1430 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
5N77W 5N100W 6N110W 6N127W 7N131W 7N140W.

SCATTERED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS FROM 5N TO 7N BETWEEN 124W AND
127W. ISOLATED MODERATE THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 60-90 NM ON EITHER
SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 98W AND 120W.

WARMING CLOUD TOP TEMPERATURES AND DISSIPATING THUNDERSTORMS
FROM 6N TO 9N BETWEEN 130W AND 132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NO OTHER DEEP THUNDERSTORMS.

TICHACEK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.