Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:18:38 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 090000
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 005/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 09/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08   996 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.4S/70.8E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 150 NM,
    EXTENDING LOCALY UP TO 300 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE WIND FORCE 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25 NM RADIUS
    FROM THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 16.1 SOUTH/70.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/69.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE UPPER LEVELS CONDITIONS REMAIN
    FAVORABLE TO INTENSIFICATION, AND CONVECTION SHOWS NOW A CDO
    STRUCTURE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.