Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:48:40 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 130348
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC THU 13 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 13/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A SURFACE TROUGH ENTERS THE REGION FROM A 1003 MB LOW WELL
   NORTH OF THE REGION THROUGH 32N120W AND EXTENDS ALONG
   17N117W 19N117W TO 9N129W.
..A 1007 MB LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 24N123W WITH A SURFACE TROUGH
   EXTENDING SW TO 18N130W.
..WEAK 1015 MB HIGH MB IS LOCATED OVER THE BAJA PENINSULA NEAR
   24N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 13/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
4N100W 5N110W 10N123W 6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN A 75 NM
RADIUS OF 18N113.5W. BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 5N119W ACROSS
THE AXIS TO 16N115W. SIMILAR CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE
WITHIN 120/150 NM OF A LINE FROM 19N114W TO BEYOND 32N111W
INCLUDING THE BAJA PENINSULA...NORTHWEST MEXICO...TO INLAND OVER
THE WEST UNITED STATES.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.