Subject: Indian-S: Subj/tropical Cyclone Warning//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:52:53 -0600

WTXS32 PGTW 151500
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 16S (GERRY) WARNING NR 015
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   151200Z9 --- NEAR 27.8S7 66.8E0
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 145 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 045 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 27.8S7 66.8E0
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   160000Z7 --- 28.3S3 67.8E1
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
151500Z2 POSITION NEAR 27.9S8 67.1E4.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 16S (GERRY), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 700 NM
SOUTHEAST OF PORT LOUIS, HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 06 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 151130Z1 VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE
INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 30 KNOTS AND AN EARLIER QUIKSCAT PASS SHOWING
A BROAD AREA OF GALE FORCE WINDS. ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
AN EXPOSED BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. THE SYSTEM CONTINUES
TO WEAKEN OVER COOL WATERS AND IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE AS A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 12 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 151200Z9 IS 16 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE ALTERNATE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(FLENUMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (HAPE) FOR THE FINAL
WARNING (WTXS33 PGTW). ALTERNATE JTWC SENDS.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.