Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:35:39 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 060935
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON 06 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 06/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 15N WEST OF MEXICO.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 06/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
6N89W 7N105W 9N114W 6N120W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 99W-106W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE IS WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 95W-99W.  ISOLATED
MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS W OF 138W.  SMALL CLUSTERS OF
MODERATE CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF POINTS 3N81W 5N77W 2N89W
7N90W AND 7N118W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS N OF THE ITCZ FROM
11N-15N BETWEEN 111W-116W DUE TO A NEARBY UPPER DISTURBANCE AS
NOTED IN THE WATER VAPOR SATELLITE PICTURES.

BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.