Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:40:09 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 281800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/281800ZFEB2003/011800ZMAR2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/281351ZFEB2003//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/280751ZFEB2003//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 281200Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE 19S (JAPHET) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 23.3S8 37.6E6, APPROXIMATELY 120 NM EAST OF THE
MOZAMBIQUE COAST, TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS OVER THE
PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 85 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 105 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 281500) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (2) AT 280600Z6, TROPICAL CYCLONE 20S (GRAHAM) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 18.3S2 120.9E2, APPROXIMATELY 180 NM NORTHEAST OF
PORT HEDLAND, HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 03 KNOTS OVER THE
PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 280900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 9.7S6 94.5E8 HAS
DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. RELEASED BY: CAPT LEEJOICE, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/HEATH/EDBERG//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.