Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:54:27 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 142154
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 14 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEAR LINE...THAT EXTENDED EAST 0F 140W AND WEST OF THE
DATELINE...HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE
THROUGH... 29N140W 26N160W 20N180. EASTERN SECTIONS MOVING EAST 15
KT WITH WESTERN SECTIONS MOVING SOUTHEAST SLOWLY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT/SHEAR LINE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W...ARE IN AREA BOUNDED
BY 10N175W 05N150W 06N140W 01N152W 01N160W 04N179W 10N175W...HAVE
MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE BUT WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...ARE WITHIN 60 NM
OF A LINE THROUGH 25S127W 21S133W...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 05 KT...AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

FRONT/CONVERGENCE ZONE...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 25S152W
16S164W 13S180. SOUTH PORTION MOVING EAST 10 KT WITH NORTH PORTION
NEARLY STATIONARY. THERE HAS BEEN LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE FRONT/CONVERGENCE ZONE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 07S142W 07S133W 12S140W
07S142W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE BUT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF
THE DATELINE...ARE IN AREA BETWEEN 03S AND 07S WEST OF 165W...HAVE
MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.