Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion...corrected For Latitude Of Low

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 21:40:18 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 080340 CCA
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...CORRECTED FOR LATITUDE OF LOW
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SAT 08 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 08/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A COLD FRONT IS MOVING INTO THE AREA FROM THE NW AND EXTENDS
   FROM BEYOND 32N140W S TO BEYOND 28N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
   WEAK/MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 25N-32N BETWEEN 138W-140W.  THE
   ASSOCIATED SHIELD OF MID/HIGH CLOUDINESS IS NW OF A LINE FROM
   24N140W 31N129W.
..1018 MB HIGH HAS FORMED NEAR 26N126W WITH A RIDGE AXIS
   STRETCHING SE TO THE COAST OF SW MEXICO NEAR 20N106W.
..CYCLONIC FLOW FROM LOW NEAR 35N122W IS IMPINGING ON THE AREA
   N OF 29N BETWEEN 116W-130W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 08/0300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
4N97W 6N110W 7N126W 6N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF
AXIS FROM 86W-94W AND 108W-112W.  DISSIPATING WIDELY SCATTERED
WEAK/MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS W OF 134W.  A CLUSTER OF
MODERATE CONVECTION IS ON THE COLOMBIAN COAST NEAR 3N78W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.