Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:26:52 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 210927
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC FRI 21 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 21/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..LARGE AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE N OF 10N W OF 105W. A 1029 MB
   HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 30N136W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING SE
   TO 12N105W. A SECOND RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS W FROM THE HIGH TO
   BEYOND 30N140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 21/0845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION ALONG IS CENTERED ALONG
1N80W 1N89W 7N95W 7N107W 5N121W 7N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 75NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 87W-92W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
95W-102W. ISOLATED WEAK TO MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 103W-110W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 115W-122W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 128W-131W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 4N-8N W OF 138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE COAST OF PANAMA AND
COSTA RICA BETWEEN 82W-85W. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS WITHIN
45NM OF THE COAST OF COLOMBIA BETWEEN EQ-5N. ISOLATED MODERATE
WITHIN 30NM OF A LINE FROM 12N88W TO 8N92W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.