Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 04:00:53 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 111000
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 11 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0832 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
08N177E 06N175W 02N174W 02N179E 06N176E HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15 KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU
THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND BOUNDED BY 11N140W 04N141W 04N152W
07N149W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 15 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND BOUNDED
BY 21N140W 15N140W 10N147W 12N147W 18N142W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 15 KT
IN 12 HOURS AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED TO
SCATTERED EMBEDDED SHOWERS THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE
DATELINE ARE BOUNDED BY 30N162W 25N180 28N180 30N175W.  FEATURE
MOVING EAST AT 15 TO 20 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NONE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 18S160W 20S161W 20S164W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 9 HOURS AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 25S166W 24S170W 25S171W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10
KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.