Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:32:50 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 050930
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/050930Z/051800ZMAR2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050751ZMAR2003//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050752ZMAR2003//
NARR/REF A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 050600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 23S WAS LOCATED AT 11.4S6
77.4E8, APPROXIMATELY 390 NM SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO GARCIA, TRACKING
WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 050900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 050600Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21S WAS LOCATED AT 16.4S1
115.2E9, APPROXIMATELY 365 NM NORTH OF LEARMONTH, AUSTRALIA,
TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 05 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE
REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 050900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.5S7
78.7E2 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) FOR DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED PARA 2.B.(1) TO A TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNING.
4. RELEASED BY: CAPT KENDALL, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: KENDALL/RONSSE/MENEBROKER/ANDERSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.