Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 21:28:40 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 160327
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SUN 16 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 16/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N128W AND EXTENDS TO
   27N135W WHERE IT CONTINUES AS A STATIONARY FRONT TO BEYOND
   25N140W.
..WEAK HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 17N FROM
   112W TO THE ABOVE FRONTAL SYSTEM WITH A 1022 MB HIGH LOCATED
   NEAR 27N124W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 16/0245 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
5N95W 4N112W 1N129W 4N137W 3N142W. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS
FROM 94W TO 98W AND WITHIN 60/75 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 136W TO
141W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE
FROM 18N TO 32N WEST OF 120W TO BEYOND 140W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.