Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:27:45 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 110327
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE 11 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 11/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1002 MB OCCLUDED LOW CENTERED NEAR 28N132W MOVING S WITH THE
   OCCLUDED FRONT STRETCHING EWD TO 30N125W-27N122W. AT THE
   TRIPLE POINT A WARM FRONT EXTENDS EWD TO 24N114W AND A COLD
   FRONT EXTENDS TO 20N122W-13N127W. A TROUGH ALSO EXTENDS FROM
   THE LOW TO 27N129W-22N130W-17N137W-19N146W AND MARKS THE
   LEADING EDGE OF A DECK OF STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS MOVING S. THE
   STRONGEST CONVECTION IS AHEAD OF THE COLD FRONT AND S OF THE
   WARM FRONT WITH SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 20N-23N
   BETWEEN 118W-121W. ADDITIONAL ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS ARE
   LOCATED WITHIN 60NM OF THE COLD FRONT S OF 20N. AN EXPANSIVE
   CIRRUS SHIELD HAS FORMED AHEAD OF THE OCCLUSION AND NOW
   EXTENDS E OF 121W REACHING AS FAR N AS CENTRAL
   CALIFORNIA...BUT WSR-88D RADAR IMAGERY FROM SRN CALIFORNIA
   ONLY SHOWS ISOLATED SHOWERS MOVING NE THROUGH THE AREA AS
   WELL AS JUST OFFSHORE. ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE ALSO OCCURRING UP
   TO 200NM E OF THE SURFACE LOW ALONG THE TROUGH.
..WEAK RIDGE EXTENDS S ALONG BAJA CALIFORNIA AND THEN TURNS SW
   TO NEAR 13N120W AHEAD OF THE COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 11/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N78W
2N81W 4N93W 5N100W 4N105W 11N126W 4N140W. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND
TSTMS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 84W-87W AND BETWEEN
92W-96W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 90NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 123W-128W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS
W OF 132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED CELLS OF MODERATE CONVECTION JUST INLAND OF THE COAST
OF COLUMBIA.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.