Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 04:40:20 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 220940
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE 22 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 22/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION NORTH OF 14N WEST OF
   113W WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 30N140W TO 18N117W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
7N90W 4N100W 8N111W 7N126W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 120 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 77W TO
80W...WITHIN 75/90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 131W TO 135W...AND WITHIN
60 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 81W AND 83W. SCATTERED MODERATE/
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 120 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS
FROM 79W TO 82W...WITHIN 90/120 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 84W TO
86W...WITHIN 60 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 104W TO 106W...WITHIN
90 NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 111W TO 114W...WITHIN 120 NM SOUTH
OF THE AXIS FROM 127W TO 131W...AND WITHIN 60 NM NORTH OF THE
AXIS FROM 135W TO 136W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF 8N FROM
82W TO 85W INCLUDING PORTIONS OF PANAMA AND COSTA RICA.
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN A 45/60
NM RADIUS OF 5.5N136W AND OFF THE COAST OF COSTA RICA WITHIN A
30 NM RADIUS OF 9N86W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.