Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:39:31 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 060939
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU MAR 06 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE

BASED ON 06/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..REMNANT TROUGH DISSIPATING ALONG A LINE FROM 28N138W TO
   25N136W TO 22N138W. ALL REMAINING CONVECTION IS QUICKLY
   DISSIPATING AND ONLY SCATTERED MID LEVEL CLOUDS REMAIN WITHIN
   45NM OF THE AXIS.
..WEAKENING TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 24N114W TO 22N120W TO 23N127W.
   THE TROUGH MARKS A BOUNDARY BETWEEN SCATTERED STRATOCUMULUS
   TO THE S AND BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS TO THE N.
..WEAK 1009 MB LOW WITHIN THE ITCZ NEAR 7N117W MOVING W 10-15
   KT. SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A TIGHT CYCLONIC CIRCULATION
   WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM 6N-7N BETWEEN 118W-120W.
..TROUGH EXTENDS N FROM THE ITCZ FROM 2N106W TO 10N104W.
   SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE TROUGH HAS A MUCH
   BROADER CIRCULATION THAN THE LOW TO THE W...BUT MAY IN FACT
   HAVE A CENTER NEAR 7N107W.
..MEAN RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM NW OF 32N132W TO 16N110W

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 06/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 1N80W
4N90W 7N106W 5N128W 6N140W. ISOLATED CELL OF MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS OFF THE COAST OF ECUADOR BETWEEN
80W-81W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 84W-91W. ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM 5N-9N BETWEEN
106W-112W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS W
OF 129W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.