Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 04:15:48 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 021015
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 02 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE...FRONT THROUGH 30N153E 25N172W 20N180 AND EXTENDING
NORTH OF 30N AND CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE WEST OF 180. FRONT MOVING
SOUTHEAST 20 KT. OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AND OCCASIONAL TCU WITHIN
80NM OF FRONT EAST OF 171W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE
CLOUDS WITHIN 160NM NW OF FRONT WEST OF 171W WITH ISOLATED TCU ALONG
FRONT.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 07N140W 02N165W 02N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF
140W AND WEST OF 180. AREA OF BROKEN LAYERS AND OCCASIONAL TCU
PARTLY BOUNDED BY 12N140W 07N140W EQ167W 03N167W 12N140W AND
EXTENDING EAST HAS MOVED WEST AT 15KT AND EXPANDED IN SIZE. BROKEN
TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS...OCCASIONAL TCU AND VERY ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 100NM OF LINE 02N172W 02N180 AND EXTENDING WEST HAVE MOVED
WEST AT 15KT AND WEAKENED IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH 25S140W 22S145W 14W150W 10S163W. AREA OF
BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 06S168W 08S156W
15S137W 26S133W 27S140W 12S154W 06S168W HAS REMAINED NEARLY
STATIONARY AND EXPANDED.

SECOND TROUGH...AXIS THROUGH 25S172W 21S180 AND EXTENDING
NORTHWEST.  NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 24S171W
19S177W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA OF ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB BOUNDED BY 15S160W 18S162W 16S162W
HAS MOVED NORTHEAST SLOWLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.