Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 04:46:09 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 280945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC APRIL 28 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTENDED NORTH OF 30N...ARE WITHIN 60 NM
OF A LINE THROUGH 30N161W 26N166W...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT...WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF 11N178W AND 07N167W...HAVE MOVED
WEST AT 10 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEAR LINE...ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH
18S177W 18S171W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE
WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 17S161W 10S180...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENT FOR THIS
PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE RESPONSES
RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED AS REQUIRED.
PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON YOUR USE OF OR
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO: [email-masked] OR CALL
808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.