Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:55:05 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 162154
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 16 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
LOW...NEAR 24N142W MOVING EAST MOVING EAST 15 KT. ISOLATED CB WITHIN
150 NM NORTHEAST OF LOW INTENSIFIED. SHEAR LINE THROUGH 11S150W
14N144W CONTINUES AS A COLD FRONT THROUGH 19N140W. BROKEN CUMULUS
ALONG FRONT SHEAR LINE. ISOLATED CB ALONG FRONT EAST OF 140W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS
SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND
AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N171W 24N180 MOVED EAST 40 KT. OVERCAST LAYERS
ALONG FRONT NORTH OF 25N. BROKEN CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS ALONG FRONT
SOUTH OF 25N. ISOLATED CB ALONG FRONT NORTH OF 27N.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 06N175W 06N165W ARE SPARSE
AND MOVED WEST 10 KT.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
WEAK DISTURBANCE NEAR 19N156W MOVED NORTH 10 KT.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...THROUGH 25S125W 19S135W 19S150W NEARLY STATIONARY. BROKEN
LAYERS ALONG TROUGH. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 22S131W
12S152W CHANGED LITTLE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 06S174W 10S170W MOVED SOUTHWEST 10
KT AND WEAKENED THEN REINTENSIFIED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.