Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:36:32 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 110937
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC FRI 11 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 11/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAKENING SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 31N126W TO 24N136W.
..A COLD FRONT ENTERS THE REGION NEAR 32N133W AND EXTENDS TO
   BEYOND 27N140W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 11/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
THE AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 9N83W
4N92W 4N100W 7N108W 9N126W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF THE AXIS WEST OF 137W TO JUST BEYOND
140W. CLUSTERS OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 75/90 NM OF THE AXIS
EAST OF 93W TO THE COAST OF COSTA RICA. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED
STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS 106W TO 109W. CLUSTERS
OF SIMILAR CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 124W TO
133W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN A 30 NM
RADIUS OF 9N96W...WITHIN 30/45 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N102W TO
12N105W...AND FROM 11N107W TO 12N110W. BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED
CLOUDS DOMINATE THE AREA FROM 3N TO 23N FROM 101W TO BEYOND 140W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.