Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 12:24:30 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 091800
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 008/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 09/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.5S/54.7E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : NORTHNORTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 200 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 10.9 SOUTH/54.9 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/55.3 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION IS STILL FLUCTUATING AND BADLY
    ORGANIZED. STRONGEST WINDS ARE IN THE SOUTH, DUE TO THE
    GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES. THE
    SYSTEM SHOULD LOOP AND THEN TRACK SOUTHWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.