Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:03:24 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 101800

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 10/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (EBULA )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : 21.6S/69.6E (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL SIX
    DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES EAST) AT
    1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE WESTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 24.6 SOUTH/69.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 26.9 SOUTH/70.6 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EBULA KEEPS ON TRACKING
    SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARD, DRIFTING ALONG THE WESTERN, SIDE OF A
    HIGH MOVING SLOWLY TO THE EAST. SIGNS OF WEAKENING CAN BE
    DETECTED DUE TO THE PRESENCE OF STRONG WINDS IN UPPER
    TROPOSPHERE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.