Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:23:17 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 251900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND/
SOUTH PACIFIC OCEAN REISSUED/251900Z/260600ZJAN2003//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/251351ZJAN2003//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) (1) AT 251200Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE 12P (BENI) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 13.3S7 160.7E4, APPROXIMATELY 235 NM SOUTH OF THE SOLOMON
ISLANDS, TRACKING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 04 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.
SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 251500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.5S1
173.1E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.0S6 175.0E3, APPROXIMATELY 240 NM
WEST-NORTHWEST OF SUVA, FIJI. ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY REVEALS INCREASING DEEP CONVECTION OVER A LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). 200 MB ANALYSIS INDICATES FAVORABLE
OUTFLOW ALOFT ASSOCIATED WITH THE WESTERN QUADRANT OF AN UPPER LEVEL
RIDGE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADE PARA 2.B.(1) TO FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/RONSSE/ANDERSON/MENEBROKER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.