Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:11:38 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 111800
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 016/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 11/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GERRY )
    985 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.4S/53.5E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY THREE DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 80 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM AND LOCALY UP TO
    300 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 17.0 SOUTH/53.8 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 18.5 SOUTH/55.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  TRACK IS NOW SOUTHWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.