Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:40:47 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 180340
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE 18 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 18/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..1002 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 24N137W. OCCLUDED FRONT
   WRAPS AROUND THE LOW CLOCKWISE TWO/THREE DEGREES AWAY FROM
   THE CENTER ALONG 26N137W 23N134W 21N138W 24N141W 26N140W
   28N137W INTO THE TRIPLE POINT NEAR 28N134W. WARM FRONT
   CONTINUES EASTWARD FROM TRIPLE POINT TO 29N127W. COLD FRONT
   EXTENDS SOUTHWARD FROM TRIPLE POINT ALONG 24N132W 17N134W TO
   BEYOND 13N140W.  SYSTEM APPEARS TO HAVE REACHED ITS MAX
   INTENSITY AS CONVECTION IS DIMINISHING AND THE UPPER LOW IS
   BECOMING LESS-DEFINED.  SCATTERED WEAK/MODERATE WITHIN 100 NM
   OF 23N129W 28N126W.  WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS N OF 26N
   BETWEEN 124W-120W.
..HIGH PRESSURE IS BETWEEN THE OCCLUDED LOW AND MEXICAN TROUGH
   WITH RIDGE ALONG 30N123W 24N117W SE TO 17N105W.
..WEAK TROUGH IN SW MEXICO FROM 23N106W TO 28N116W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
6N85W 3N88W 3N110W 4N120W 7N137W 7N140W. ITCZ IS ILL-DEFINED W
OF 130W.  CLUSTERS OF MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 45 NM OF 6N84W
AND 3N88W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
137W-140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.