Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 16:59:32 -0500

ACPA40 PHFO 082159
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC APRIL 08 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 06N167W 04N170W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND BOUNDED BY
09N152W 07N144W 08N140W 04N140W 05N150W 05N157W 08N158W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH (1)...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE
DATELINE AND THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S ARE BOUNDED BY EQ168E 10S171W
13S169W 13S173W 16S173W 15S180 25S179E 25S177E 12S168E 05S169E
EQ166E...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH (2)...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 12S167W 17S155W 23S150W 25S149W HAVE MOVED EAST
AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH (1).

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 02S167W 04S166W 07S153W 11S151W 11S160W
06S170W 04S170W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 12 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

WFO HONOLULU IS REVIEWING THE USE OF AND THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
THIS PRODUCT TO BETTER SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS. DEPENDING UPON THE
RESPONSES RECEIVED...THE PRODUCT MAY BE REFORMATTED OR MODIFIED
AS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEND COMMENTS NO LATER THAN MAY 1 2003 ON
YOUR USE OF OR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT TO KEVIN.KODAMA
@NOAA.GOV OR CALL 808-973-5276.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.