Subject: Indian-N: Africa):

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 06:13:35 -0500

ABIO10 PGTW 251130
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 10.0S1 45.0E9,
APPROXIMATELY 300 NM EAST OF LINDI, TANZANIA. ANIMATED MULTI-
SPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGESTS THAT A CYCLONIC CIRCULATION
IS DEVELOPING BENEATH SCATTERED DEEP CONVECTION. 200 MB ANALYSIS
INDICATES THAT THE REGION IS EQUATORWARD OF THE UPPER RIDGE
AXIS IN A REGION OF DIFFLUENCE. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. RELEASED BY: LT SMITH, USN.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/JACOBS/KLINSMANN/COOK/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.