Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:31:48 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 070931
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC FRI MAR 07 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 07/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..TROUGH WITHIN THE ITCZ FROM 4N111W TO 13N110W MOVING NW. THE
   TROUGH APPEARS TO HAVE A WEAK CENTER OF CIRCULATION NEAR
   8N111W AND IS PULLING ALL ITCZ CONVECTION NWD BETWEEN
   105W-115W. SEE ITCZ FOR RELATED CONVECTION.
..SECOND TROUGH WITHIN THE ITCZ SLIGHTLY FARTHER S FROM 3N123W
   TO 11N122W. THIS TROUGH ALSO APPEARS TO HAVE A CENTER OF
   CIRCULATION NEAR 7N123W BUT IS MOVING IN A MORE WLY
   DIRECTION. SEE ITCZ FOR RELATED CONVECTION.
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE N OF 15N WITH A RIDGE EXTENDING FROM A
   1024 MB HIGH NEAR 35N132W SE TO 15N104W.
..DISSIPATING TROUGH EMBEDDED WITHIN THE RIDGE FROM 21N118W TO
   24N127W. QUIKSCAT IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE TROUGH SEPARATES
   15-20 KT NELY WINDS TO THE S FROM WEAKER 5-10 KT WINDS TO THE
   N. BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS FROM 23N-26N BETWEEN 116W-126W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 07/0845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N79W
5N104W 8N111W 6N117W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 30NM OF THE COAST OF COLOMBIA/ECUADOR FROM EQ-3N. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF A LINE FROM 12N104W TO 7N113W.
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 5N-7N BETWEEN 116W-118W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 4N-7N BETWEEN 124W-129W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED CLUSTER OF MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30NM OF THE
COLOMBIAN COAST BETWEEN 4N-6N.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.