Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:51:36 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 120351
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC WED 12 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 12/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COMPLEX SYSTEM IS IN THE NORTHEAST PORTION OF THE REGION
   WITH A 1000 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR 25N129W WITH A SURFACE
   TROUGH EXTENDING NORTH TO A 1001 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR
   31N127W. A DISSIPATING OCCLUDED FRONT EXTENDS FROM THE
   1001 MB LOW NORTHEAST TO 32N122W WHERE THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY
   CONTINUES AS A STATIONARY FRONT ALONG 24N119W 16M121W 8N130W
   TO BEYOND 6N140W. A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE 1000 MB
   LOW SOUTHWEST TO 19N133W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
3N91W 4N111W 11N123W 8N131W 5N140W. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60/75 NM OF THE
AXIS FROM 116W TO 122W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS/
THUNDERSTORMS COVERS THE AREA WITHIN 200 NM OF A LINE FROM
11N123W ALONG 23N1117 TO ACROSS THE BAJA PENINSULA AND OVER
MEXICO NEAR 29N114W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.