Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 21:35:26 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 040335
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI 04 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 04/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 20N WEST OF 115W
   WITH A RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING THROUGH 32N137W TO 23N115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 04/0315 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W 4N94W
7N107W 10N118W 12N126W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION
IS WITHIN 90 NM NORTH OF THE AXIS FROM 84W TO 86W. SCATTERED
MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM SOUTH OF THE
AXIS FROM 134W TO 136W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75
NM SOUTH OF THE AXIS FROM 105W TO 108W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS FROM 2N TO 4N WEST OF 79W TO
INLAND OVER COLOMBIA. BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS COVER THE AREA
FROM THE AXIS TO 20N BETWEEN 105W AND 124W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.