Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:55:15 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 022155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 02 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...NEW ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 07N141W MOVED WEST AT
10 KT DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS. ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
05N164W EQ162W 03N180 06N172W MOVED WEST NORTHWEST AT 10 KT AND
WEAKENED SLIGHTLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY FREQUENT CB...WHICH CROSSED
THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 02S176E 06S178W 08S180
06S173E AND MOVED WEST AT 05 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 02S179W
06S176W MOVED SOUTHWEST AT SLIGHTLY FASTER THAN 05 KT...INTENSIFIED
AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 10S168W 16S161W
19S168W 13S173W WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN
COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 20S152W 23S148W 25S146W
MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE THIRD CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES FOR THE SOUTH PACIFIC

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.