Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:50:26 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 242150
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC THU 24 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 24/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 32N127W TO BEYOND 29N140W. FRONT IS
   MARKED BY A 100 NM WIDE BAND OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS.
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION N OF 12N W OF 105W WITH
   RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 25N123W 15N105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 8N78W
9N90W 8N120W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS 120 NM WIDE BETWEEN 85W AND 95W. SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS 90 NM WIDE BETWEEN 119W AND 122W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.