Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 06:15:55 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 091200
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 007/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 09/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (EBULA )
    984 HPA
POSITION             : 15.2S/71.1E (FIFTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN  SECTOR
    AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE EASTERN AND NORTHERN SECTORS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 16.8 SOUTH/71.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 18.6 SOUTH/70.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE ARRIVING IN THE SOUTH OF EBULA OF A
    TROUGH SHOULD MAINTAIN ITS SOUTHWARD TRACK FOR THE NEXT 24
    HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.