Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 05:04:56 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 101005
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU 10 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NO SPECIAL FEATURES.
NO TROPICAL WAVES.

BASED ON 10/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING COLD FRONT THROUGH 32N129W TO 30N132W TO
   25N140W AND 23N143W. BROKEN MULTILAYERED CLOUDS AND
   POSSIBLE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 60-90 NM ON EITHER
   SIDE OF FRONT.
..1022 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER NEAR 25N129W. BROAD HIGH
   PRESSURE AND ANTICYCLONIC FLOW ELSEWHERE...AWAY FROM
   DISSIPATING COLD FRONT...NORTH OF 10N WEST OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 10/0800 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION
6N77W 3N93W 5N110W 7N120W 7N126W 6N132W 5N140W.

SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG IN COLOMBIA COASTAL WATERS
FROM 3N TO 4N BETWEEN 77W AND 78W...AND IN PANAMA/COSTA RICA
COASTAL WATERS FROM 7N TO 9N BETWEEN 81W AND 86W.
SCATTERED STRONG WITHIN 60-90 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS
BETWEEN 110W AND 119W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
WITHIN 30-60 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 125W AND 133W.
UPPER LEVEL FLOW IS CAUSING SOME SHEARING...DISRUPTING THE
CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT OF MORE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS IN AND
JUST TO THE NORTH OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 120W AND 134W.
ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 30-60 NM
ON EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 90W AND 110W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
TROUGH FROM CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER NEAR 32N120W TO 26N120W.
UPPER LEVEL JET STREAM WITHIN 400-450 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF 10N129W
18N115W BEYOND 24N107W. WIND SPEEDS REACH 100 KT IN THE JET STREAM.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.