Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 09:36:50 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 021536
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 02 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 02/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..A STATIONARY FRONT ENTERS THE REGION THROUGH 32N138W AND
   EXTENDS BEYOND 28N140W.
..HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE REGION NORTH OF 20N WEST OF 118W
   EXCEPT IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF THE ABOVE FRONTAL SYSTEM.
   A 1025 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 32N130W WITH A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDING SE TO 21N118W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 02/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N78W
4N90W 6N95W 4N101W 5N121W 7N140W. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 90/120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 84W TO 98W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF 9N FROM 137W TO
139W. BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 375/425 NM OF A
LINE FROM 8N139W TO 22N123W.

$$
WALLACE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.