Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:29:51 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 101800
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 012/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 10/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GERRY )
    990 HPA
POSITION             : 12.2S/54.4E (TWELVE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
    SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE
    IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND LOCALLY UP TO 400 MN IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN
    THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE..
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 13.7 SOUTH/54.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 15.1 SOUTH/55.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  GERRY SLOWLY TRACKS SOUTHWARDS SINCE
    12TU. THE ENVIRONMENT REMAINS FAVORABLE TO INTENSIFICATION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.