Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:21:32 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 150700
MSGID/GENADMIN/FLENUMETOCCEN MONTEREY CA//AJTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/150700Z/151800ZFEB2003//
REF/A/RMG/FLENUMETOCCEN MONTEREY CA/150153ZFEB2003//
REF/B/RMG/FLENUMETOCCEN MONTEREY CA/141954ZFEB2003//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 150000Z6, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 16S (GERRY) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 26.9S7 65.4E5, APPROXIMATELY 600 NM SOUTHEAST OF MAURITIUS,
TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 17 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 150300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 141800Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 17S (HAPE) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 16.7S4 74.5E6, APPROXIMATELY 600 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF DIEGO
GARCIA, TRACKING SOUTHEAST AT 09 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 60 KNOTS GUSTING TO 75
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS33 PGTW 142100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JTWC TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING RESPONSIBILITY HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED
TO THE ALTERNATE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER AT FLEET NUMERICAL
METOC CENTER. TDO MAY BE REACHED BY PHONE AT DSN 312-878-4488 OR VIA
EMAIL THROUGH THE FNMOC CDO AT CDO(AT)FNMOC.NAVY.MIL.
4. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPDATED TC WARNINGS AND REMOVED TC
18S.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/VAN LOAN/GOWDY/RUIZ

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.