Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 04:02:50 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 311000
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 31 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SHEAR LINE/FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...MAINLY SHOWERY LOW...CLOUDS
THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N ARE BOUNDED BY 30N149W 30N142W 21N155W
20N161W 16N172W 19N170W 25N157W.  FEATURE MOVING SLOWLY EAST NORTH
OF 27N AND NEARLY STATIONARY SOUTH OF THAT LATITUDE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.  FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 03S172W 06S163W 12S157W 15S160W
14S165W 09S166W 10S173W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 05S177W
10S173W 10S176W 08S178W 09S177E 07S172E 06S172E 07S178E 05S180 HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 15S137W 17S128W 23S136W
20S135W 18S139W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 8 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 18S125W 21S121W 25S121W
25S124W 21S124W 20S127W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 15 HOURS AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.