Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 06:48:51 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 271200

SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
27/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 017/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : MONDAY 27/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 09   999 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.6S/53.7E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY THREE DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  13 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,MAINLY IN THE NORTHWESTERN SEMI-CERCLE,
    EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN AND
    NORTHWESTERN SECTORS.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT, REACHING LOCALLY 25/30 KT IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 19.1 SOUTH/51.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 28/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 19.1 SOUTH/49.9 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE CENTRE IS NOW UNDER THE SOUTHEASTERN
    EDGE OF THE ONVECTION, BUT THE CONVECTION IS NOT YET
    WELL-ORGANIZED. THE TRACK BECOMES MORE SOUTHWESTWARD DUE TO
    THE THROUGH IN THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.