Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 04:52:13 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 240951
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU 24 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 24/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION N OF THE ITCZ W OF 100W
   WITH RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 27N125W 12N100W.
..COLD FRONT HAS ENTERED THE NW PART OF THE AREA ALONG 32N132W
   31N140W.  FRONT IS MARKED BY A 90 NM WIDE BAND OF BROKEN/
   OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
8N85W 7N110W 5N130W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
IS WITHIN A 75 NM RADIUS OF 6.5N117.5W.  SIMILAR CONVECTION
WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 5N129W 5.5N132.5W AND WITHIN 45 NM OF ITCZ
FROM 85-87W.  SCATTERED MODERATE IS FROM 4N-6N BETWEEN
119W-122W. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
90W-96W...109W-112W AND W OF 135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WEAKENING CLUSTER OF MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS OFFSHORE OF
SW PANAMA NEAR 7.5N83.5W.  SMALL CLUSTERS OF MODERATE CONVECTION
ARE WITHIN 30 NM OF THE COSTA RICAN COASTLINE NEAR 9N84W AND
WITHIN 30 NM OF THE COLOMBIAN COASTLINE N OF 4N.  A CLUSTER OF
MODERATE CONVECTION HAS MOVED OFFSHORE OF EXTREME SE MEXICO
WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 14N93.5W 16N93W.  SHOWERS/ISOLATED WEAK
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 10.5N95W 11.5N101W.

MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH RUNS FROM NW MEXICO AND N BAJA PENINSULA
WSW TO 26N140W WITH A STRONG SUBTROPICAL JET TO THE SOUTH
ADVECTING MID/UPPER MOISTURE INTO MEXICO N OF 19N S OF 29N.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.