Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 00:40:19 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 120600
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
12/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 018/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 12/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10  (GERRY )
    975 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.5S/54.7E
    (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHEAST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE NORTHWESTERN AND NORTHERN SECTORS.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
    NORTHERN SEMI-CERCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF CENTRE EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE
    NORTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 17.5 SOUTH/55.7 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 13/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 18.4 SOUTH/58.1 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  GERRY IS NOW TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD, BUT
    IT HAS NOT INTENSIFIED YET.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.