Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 12:15:54 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 081800
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
08/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 020/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 08/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    910 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 14.8S/69.1E
    (FOURTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL
    ONE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  7 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 220 NM.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/110 KT AND TO PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    160 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 16.1 SOUTH/67.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 17.4 SOUTH/66.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  KALUNDE SHOWS FEW SIGNS OF WEAKENING.
    NEVERTHELESS, IT REMAINS AN INTENSE BUT RATHER SMALL SYSTEM,
    WITH AN EYE LARGE AND WELL DEFINED, TRACK IS REGULAR
    SOUTHWESTWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.