Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:44:02 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 242143
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC MON 24 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 24/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 32N125W TO 27N130W TO W OF 24N140W.
   SCATTERED/BROKEN FIELD OF STRATOCUMULUS NW OF THE COLD FRONT.
..NARROW RIDGE E OF THE COLD FRONT WITH AXIS FROM
   23N134W-23N107W.
..WEAK TROUGH ALONG BAJA CALIFORNIA FROM 32N115W-25N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N79W
6N84W 6N114W 9N130W 7N140W. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS WITHIN
30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 84W-92W. WIDELY SCATTERED WEAK TO
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 99W-105W.
WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS WITHIN 120NM OF THE AXIS
BETWEEN 112W-130W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILEVEL CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH AN UPPER LEVEL
LOW IN THE AREA FROM 17N-25N W OF 125W. ISOLATED SHOWERS
POSSIBLE IN THE SAME REGION ESPECIALLY W OF 137W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.