Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 04:05:16 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 120959
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 12 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 10N173W 04N173W 04N178W 01N180 01N169E 09N171E HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 04N148W 04N151W HAVE
MOVED NORTH AT 2 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

FRONT/SHEAR LINE...BROKEN TO OVERCAST SHOWERY...MAINLY...LOW CLOUDS
THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE DATELINE ARE BOUNDED BY
30N156W 30N150W 21N170W 20N180 23N180 24N170W 28N160W.  FEATURE
DRIFTING SOUTH SLOWLY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT/SHEAR LINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 04S175W
14S156W 19S156W 20S159W 16S162W 16S171W 12S173W 11S178W 07S180 HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 17S134W 21S128W 25S128W 25S133W 21S133W 22S137W HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...FOR CONVECTION
MAINLY NORTH AND EAST OF THE SAMOAN ISLANDS.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 16S154W 17S148W 21S148W 24S154W 21S152W
20S154W HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST AT 12 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.