Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:51:45 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 162151
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN 16 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 16/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..DISSIPATING TROUGH AXIS STRETCHES FROM THE ARIZONA/MEXICO
   BORDER NEAR 32N114W SW TO 25N120W TO 21N130W THEN W BEYOND
   20N140W. THE BOUNDARY IS WEAKENING RAPIDLY AS THE PARENT LOW
   PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVES E THROUGH ARIZONA. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW
   CLOUDS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS E OF 125W. BROKEN
   STRATOCUMULUS N OF THE TROUGH TO 29N W OF 130W.
..RIDGE EXTENDS FROM W OF 26N140W ACROSS THE TROUGH AXIS TO
   17N114W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 16/2115 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 9N83W
4N100W 5N105W 3N114W 7N121W 2N135W 4N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60NM OF A LINE FROM 9N82W TO 9N85W TO 6N91W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF A LINE FROM 6N82W TO 5N86W TO
5N88W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
96W-106W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
107W-114W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 6N-8N BETWEEN 112W-115W.
NUMEROUS MODERATE FROM 3N-8N BETWEEN 117W-122W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 131W-136W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.