Subject: Pacific-SW: A. Tropical Cyclone Summary: None.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:28:18 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 162300
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 7.0S7 177.1E6,
APPROXIMATELY 670 NM NORTH OF SUVA, FIJI, HAS PERSISTED OVER THE
PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED AND EARLY VISIBLE
SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEAL CYCLING AND DISORGANIZED DEEP CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). RECENT
QUIKSCAT AND SPECIAL SENSOR MICROWAVE IMAGER (SSM/I) PASSES ALSO
INDICATE A WEAK LLCC THAT IS PARTIALLY EXPOSED. 200 MB ANALYSIS
INDICATES MODERATE DIFBUENCE ALOFT AND MODERATE TO STRONG VERTIWUDWGA
IEZJ
JP S
VER THE REGION. MAXIMUM SUSTAI ED SURFACE WINDS ARS
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCKMNE WITHIN THE NEXTI2; HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED POOR IN PARA 2.B.(1).
4. ALTERNATE JTWC SENDS.
FORECAST TEAM: BRYANT//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.