Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 15:59:40 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 082159
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 08 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SHEAR LINE...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 22N169W 22N162W 20N164W
17N171W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 10N173W 06N164W 05N165W 06N176W
09N176W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 15 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA
AND INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 04N144W
04N140W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 12 KT IN 12 HOURS AND INCREASED IN AREA
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SHEAR LINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE
DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 02S168E 03S179E 13S170W 19S171W 16S180
18S173E 14S170E 11S175E 11S163E 05S160E HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.