Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 26/02/2003

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:55:14 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 261800
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 26/02/2003
AT 1800 UTC WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 006/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : WEDNESDAY 26/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 13  (JAPHET )    995
HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.4S/39.3E
(TWENTY ONE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND THIRTY NINE
ECIMAL THREE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC

MOVEMENT             : WEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE AND UP TO 250 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR
THE CENTRE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS
WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 27/02/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 21.3 SOUTH/38.2
EAST  DEVELOPPING. FORECASTED POSITION 27/02/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 21.6
SOUTH/36.9 EAST  DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EXTENSION OF THE AREA OF NEAR GALE FORCE
WINDS IN THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM IS GENERATED BY THE GRADIENT
WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES OBSERVED IN THE SOUTHERN PART OF THE
MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.