Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 10:36:31 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 191535
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT 19 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 19/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE N OF 10N AND W OF 110W. A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDS FROM NW OF 30N137W TO 15N113W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 19/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
4N93W 7N120W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 3N-6N
BETWEEN 77W-79W ALONG THE COLOMBIAN COAST. ISOLATED MODERATE
FROM 3N-6N BETWEEN 82W-87W. WIDELY SCATTERED FROM 5N-7N BETWEEN
95W-99W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
117W-132W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90NM OF THE AXIS W
OF 132W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS MARINE LAYER N OF 14N AND W OF
114W AND THE BAJA PENINSULA. A CYCLONIC CIRCULATION OF BROKEN
MID-LEVEL CLOUDS...THE REMNANTS OF A DISSIPATED SURFACE LOW...IS
CENTERED ABOUT 200NM SW OF MANZANILLO MEXICO. NARROW BAND OF
BROKEN/OVERCAST UPPER LEVEL CIRRUS WITHIN 90NM OF A LINE FROM
12N130W TO NE OF MAZATLAN MEXICO.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.