Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:17:37 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 010000

SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
01/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 035/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 01/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : EXTRA-TROPICAL DEPRESSION 09  (EX-FARI )
    1000 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 32.5S/44.5E
    (THIRTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY FOUR DECIMAL
    FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  20 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM FROM
    THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE 30 KT REACHING LOCALLY 35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY
    ROUGH SEAS EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
    SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECASTED POSITION 01/02/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 37.0 SOUTH/45.0 EAST

FORECASTED POSITION 02/02/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 40.0 SOUTH/51.0 EAST

OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  STRONG WINDS ARE DUE TO THE GRADIENT WITH
    THE SOUTHERN HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.