Subject: Indian-S: 1. Tropical Cyclone 08s (delfina) Warning Nr 004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 02:08:53 -0600

WTXS31 PGTW 010900
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 08S (DELFINA) WARNING NR 004
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   010600Z7 --- NEAR 15.8S4 39.1E3
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 290 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 040 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 15.8S4 39.1E3
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   011800Z0 --- 15.6S2 38.3E4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
010900Z0 POSITION NEAR 15.8S4 38.9E0.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 08S (DELFINA), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 90 NM
INLAND IN MOZAMBIQUE, HAS TRACKED WEST-NORTHWEST AT 06 KNOTS DURING
THE PAST SIX HOURS. TC 08S MADE LANDFALL NEAR THE TOWN OF ANGOCHE,
MOZAMBIQUE AT APPROX 312030Z9. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON
010530Z9 VISIBLE AND ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE
WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON DVORAK CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF
2.5 AND 3.0 (35 AND 45 KTS). TC 08S IS FORECAST TO DISSIPATE AS A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS. THIS IS
THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.