Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:47:18 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 032147
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC MON 03 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 03/1800 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..WEAK TROUGH PREVIOUSLY ALONG 140W HAS MOVED W OF THE AREA.
   HOWEVER AN ENHANCED PRESSURE GRADIENT REMAINS WITH RIDGING TO
   THE N PRODUCING AN AREA OF MODERATE TO STRONG ELY WINDS OVER
   THE NW PART OF THE REGION.
..EARLIER TROUGHING ALONG BAJA CALIFORNIA HAS DISSIPATED.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/2100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N90W 4N110W 6N140W.  AXIS IS RATHER ILL-DEFINED WITH ONLY SOME
ISOLATED SHOWERS W OF 130W WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
AN UPPER TROUGH IN COMBINATION WITH SOME LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE
IS RESPONSIBLE FOR A LARGE AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILEVEL
CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM 12N-28N BETWEEN 120W-137W.  AN
ISOLATED MODERATE CELL IS NEAR 12N135W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.