Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 12:07:35 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 091800
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 024/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 09/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    915 HPA
POSITION             : 16.4S/67.5E (SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
    SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  5 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM, MAINLY
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/110 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 17.1 SOUTH/66.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 17.9 SOUTH/65.7 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS EXTENSION (MEASURED
    VIA THE LAST QUIKSCAT PASS AT 1303Z) IS DUE TO THE GRADIENT
    EFFECT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES IN THE SOUTH OF
    THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.