Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 18:22:23 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 100000

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
10/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 009/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : FRIDAY 10/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (EBULA )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.5S/70.7E
    (SEVENTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL
    SEVEN DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHWEST  8 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE
    CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 2000 NM IN THE
    SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/01/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 19.3 SOUTH/69.6 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 21.5 SOUTH/68.7 EAST
 STATIONARY INTENSITY.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EBULA SHOULD TRACK SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARDS
    IN THE NEXT HOURS AS THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES PROPAGATE
    IN THE SOUTH, AND THEN SOUTHWARDS BEYOND 24 HOURS AS A TROUGH
    ARRIVES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.