Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 12:16:20 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 041800
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
04/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 004/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : TUESDAY 04/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL DEPRESSION 14   998 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.5S/78.2E
    (ELEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  3 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN A 60 NM
    RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 230 MN FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND ROUGH SEAS, REACHING NEAR GALE
    FORCE WINDS 30 KT NEAR THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 11.7 SOUTH/77.5 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
FORECASTED POSITION 05/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 12.0 SOUTH/76.6 EAST
 DEVELOPPING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  CONVECTION ACTIVITY, AS USUAL MORE
    IMPORTANT DURING THE NIGHT, IS INTENSIFTING ABOVE THE CENTRE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.