Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:30:48 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 160930
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN 16 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 16/0600 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM NE OF 32N126W TO 26N135W AND
   CONTINUES W AS A WARM FRONT TO A 1009 MB LOW NEAR 22N145W.
   WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 60NM OF THE FRONT ESPECIALLY
   W OF 135W.
..1022 MB HIGH CENTERED NEAR 28N124W WITH A RIDGE AXIS
   EXTENDING SE WELL INTO THE TROPICS NEAR 10N97W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 16/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 7N81W
4N96W 4N114W 2N130W 4N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN
30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 81W-86W...BETWEEN 88W-90W...AND BETWEEN
94W-97W. ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
113W-119W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE AXIS W OF
138W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS N OF 17N W OF 115W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.