Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:10:30 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 110600

SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
11/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 014/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SATURDAY 11/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 08  (EBULA )
    980 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.1S/69.2E
    (TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL
    TWO DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTH  12 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
    SEMI-CIRCLEAND THE EASTERN SECTOR.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
    SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CERCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 11/01/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 26.7 SOUTH/69.5 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 12/01/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 28.5 SOUTH/71.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  EBULA UNDERGOES A STRONG NORTHERLY WIND
    SHEAR, WITH A SHEARED STRUCTURE, THE CENTRE IS NOW VISIBLE
    OUT OF THE NORTHERN EGDE OF THE CONVECTION.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.