Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion...corrected First Dotted Line.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 21:34:55 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 050334 CCA
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...CORRECTED FIRST DOTTED LINE.
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC WED 05 FEB 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 05/0000 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..PREVIOUS TROUGH NEAR 140W IS NOW W OF THE AREA AND WEAKENING.
..A TROUGH IS OFFSHORE OF BAJA CALIFORNIA FROM 24N114W TO
   30N120W.
..HIGH PRESSURE NOSES INTO THE AREA FROM THE N BETWEEN THE BAJA
   CALIFORNIA TROUGH AND 140W N OF 10N.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/0300 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
4N97W 8N106W 7N116W 8N128W 7N140W.  AN ISOLATED CLUSTER OF
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF 8N127W.  ISOLATED SHOWERS
W OF 136W WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
A LARGE PLUME OF BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILEVEL CLOUDS IS E OF AN
UPPER TROUGH WITHIN 300 NM OF A LINE FROM 14N130W TO COAST OF
MAINLAND MEXICO NEAR 28N111W WITH SOME ISOLATED SHOWERS POSSIBLE
IN BAJA CALIFORNIA N OF CABO SAN LAZARO.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.