Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:13:46 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 241513
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU 24 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 24/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES THE REGION N OF 10N W OF 105W
   WITH RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING ALONG 27N135W 15N110W.
..COLD FRONT HAS ENTERED THE N PORTION OF THE AREA ALONG 30N
   W OF 135W. FRONT IS MARKED BY A 100 NM WIDE BAND OF
   BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/1445 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
8N87W 7N110W 5N100W 7N120W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG IS
WITHIN A 120 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 117W TO 123W AND FROM 130W TO
133W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 90 NM OF AXIS FROM 111W
TO 114W AND 60 NM WIDE FROM 125W TO 130W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS E OF 79W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED/NUMEROUS STRONG WITHIN 180 NM OF COAST OF COSTA
RICA. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 45 NM EITHER
SIDE OF LINE 7N90W 8N97W. 30 NM WIDE BAND OF MODERATE CONVECTION
IS 60 NM OFF THE COAST OF NICARAGUA.

$$
SANDOVAL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.