Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:40:37 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 291540
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT 29 MAR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 29/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..BROAD HIGH PRESSURE N OF ITCZ W OF 110W-140W. RIDGE AXIS
   STRETCHES FROM 32N136W TO BEYOND 26N141W.
..SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 4N109W TO 15N108W. ISOLATED
   MODERATE IS ALONG THE TROUGH NEAR 7N BUT DIFFICULT TO
   DISTINGUISH FROM ITCZ CONVECTION.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 29/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N78W
5N89W 3N99W 8N110W 7N130W 8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30
NM OF AXIS FROM 127W-129W AND 136W-139W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 30/45 NM OF AXIS FROM 85W-96W. ISOLATED MODERATE
WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 101W-111W.  SMALL ISOLATED MODERATE
CELLS ARE NEAR 8N122W AND 3N79W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
A FEW SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF 16N105W...9.5N87.5W AND 6N78W.

$$
BLAKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.