Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:57:26 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 282149
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 28 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/SHEARLINE...FRONT THROUGH 30N154W 28N158W EXTENDING NORTH OF
30N AND EXTENDING AS SHEARLINE THROUGH 26N165W TO 26N173W. BROKEN
TO OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITHIN 100NM NORTH OF
FRONT/SHEARLINE AND OCCASIONAL TCU ALONG SOUTHEAST EDGE OF FRONT.
FRONT MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 15KT AND WEAKENING. SHEARLINE NEARLY
STATIONARY.

ITCZ...AXIS THROUGH 07N140W 01N168W AND EXTENDING EAST OF
140W. NEW OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN
90NM OF ITCZ WEST OF 150W. BAND OF ISOLATED TCU WITHIN 120NM OF ITCZ
EAST OF 150W HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS THROUGH 15S144W 10S178W. AREA OF ISOLATED
CB BOUNDED BY 08S179W 08S150W 14S140W 20S150W 17S162W 12S166W
13S175W 08S179W HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

SECOND CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS EXTENDING ACROSS DATELINE 25S178W
17S170E. AREA OF BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL
CB BOUNDED BY 13S168E 17S176E 20S177E 24S176W 24S173W 27S177W
22S177W 18S169W 13S168E HAS MOVED NORTHEAST SLOWLY... INTENSIFIED
AND INCREASED IN SIZE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ACROSS AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.