Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 10:41:36 -0500

AXPZ20 KNHC 201538
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN 20 APR 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 20/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..HIGH PRES RIDGE EXTENDS FROM NW OF 30N140W TO 14N108W WITH
   MODERATE NLY/NELY TRADES N OF 7N AND W OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ-RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 6N77W
6N88W 5N96W 7N120W 8N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
FROM 4N-7N BETWEEN 76W-78W ALONG THE COAST OF COLOMBIA. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 86W-95W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
101W-114W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 150NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
114W-122W. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS FROM 4N-10N BETWEEN
122W-130W. DISSIPATING ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 90NM OF THE AXIS
W OF 135W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION S OF COSTA RICA FROM 7N-9N
BETWEEN 83W-85W. BROKEN/OVERCAST MARINE STRATUS N OF 13N AND W
OF 111W.

$$
BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.