Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 18:13:37 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 090000
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
09/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 021/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : SUNDAY 09/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC
PHENOMENON           : INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    915 HPA
POSITION             : WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.2S/68.8E
    (FIFTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL
    EIGHT DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT             : SOUTHWEST  6 KT
MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM MAINLY
    IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/110 KT AND TO PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30
    NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF
    THE CENTRE,EXTENDING UP TO 170 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
    SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
    130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM FROM THE
    CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
FORECASTED POSITION 09/03/2003 AT 1200 UTC: 16.2 SOUTH/67.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
FORECASTED POSITION 10/03/2003 AT 0000 UTC: 17.2 SOUTH/67.0 EAST
 WEAKENING.
OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  THE TRACK AS CURVED MORE SOUTHWESTWARDS
    DURING THE LAST 12 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.