Subject: Indian-N: Pan Pan

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:37:32 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 130600

PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION
13/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
WARNING NUMBER       : 038/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)
BEGINNING OF VALID   : THURSDAY 13/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC
PHENOMENON           : TROPICAL CYCLONE 14  (KALUNDE )
    955 HPA
    POSITION             : 21.0S/64.4E (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL ZERO
        DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES EAST) AT
    0600 UTC
    MOVEMENT             : SOUTHSOUTHEAST  6 KT
    MENACED AREAS        : SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM
        RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM
IN THE
    EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
        SEMI-CIRCLE.
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
    RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
    STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
NM RADIUS
    OF THE CENTRE.
    GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF
        THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP
TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30
    KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120NM RADIUS OF THE
        CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT
    AND UP TO 350NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
    STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.
    FORECASTED POSITION 13/03/2003 AT 1800 UTC: 22.2
SOUTH/64.9 EAST
 WEAKENING.
 FORECASTED POSITION 14/03/2003 AT 0600 UTC: 23.8 SOUTH/64.8 EAST
  WEAKENING.
  OTHER INFORMATIONS   :  TRACKING SOUTHWARD, KALUNDE SHOULD ENTER
      INTO AN AREA OF INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.