Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:55:11 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 032154
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 03 2003

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF POINT 04N155W MOVED EAST SLOWLY
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
VERY WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 15S166W HAD ISOLATED CB WITHIN
180 NM THAT MOVED WEST NORTHWEST SLOWLY WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN
COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB...WHICH EXTENDED ACROSS
THE EQUATOR...WERE BOUNDED BY 01N177W 02S158W 13S162W 08S174W AND
MOVED NORTH SLOWLY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN AREA. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 15S170W 15S174W 11S177W 11S169W MOVED SOUTH
SLOWLY...INTENSIFIED SLIGHTLY AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL CB...WHICH EXTENDED ACROSS THE DATELINE...WERE BOUNDED BY
03S177W 07S176W 05S174E 02S174E AND MOVED WEST NORTHWEST AT 10 KT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

UPPER LEVEL LOW AND SURFACE TROUGH... ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 14S141W
21S145W 18S149W 14S146W MOVED WEST SOUTHWEST AT LESS THAN 10 KT WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

COLD FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 21S135W 24S130W WERE
NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED
CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 25S125W 28S121W 32S120W MOVED SOUTH
SOUTHEAST AT 05 KT WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE THE TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 15S166W. ALSO...SEE THE SECOND CB
AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE FIRST SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.