Subject: Pacific-SW: A. Tropical Cyclone Summary: None.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 00:24:02 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 050600
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2
135.9E8 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.4S6 135.4E3, OVER THE ARAFURA SEA
JUST NORTH OF CAPE WESSEL. MULTISPECTRAL ANIMATION AND THE GOVE
RADAR LOOP DEPICT AN ORGANIZED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)
WITH DISTINCT RAINBANDS EVIDENT IN THE SOUTHERN SEMICIRCLE. UPPER
AIR ANALYSIS REVEALS A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT ABOVE THE LLCC. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1001 MB. SEE REF A (WTPS21 PGTW
050100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO
GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: SMITH/LAM/KUMAGA/NUTONGLA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.