Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:37:24 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 171536
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI 17 JAN 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

BASED ON 17/1200 UTC SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS...
..COLD FRONT IN NW CORNER OF DISCUSSION AREA FROM 30N137W TO
   BEYOND 22N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED WEAK TO MODERATE CONVECTION
   AHEAD OF THE FRONT N OF 26N BETWEEN 133W-136W.
..WEAK SURFACE TROUGH FROM 24N123W TO 30N128W AS A SURFACE
   REFLECTION OF AN UPPER LEVEL LOW JUST W OF BAJA CALIFORNIA.
   BAND OF HIGH CLOUDINESS TO THE E OF THE TROUGH EXTENDS WITHIN
   60NM OF A LINE FROM 16N123W-23N118W-28N120W.
..ADDITIONAL WEAK TROUGHING ALONG THE COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA
   E OF 120W AND S OF THE U.S.-MEXICO BORDER.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/1515 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N78W
1N82W 5N93W 4N106W 6N130W 4N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 2N-4N
BETWEEN 78W-80W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30NM OF THE
AXIS BETWEEN 92W-98W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 3N-6N BETWEEN
100W-108W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 4N-6N BETWEEN 126W-128W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS WITHIN 30NM OF CAPE MATAPALO COSTA
RICA.

BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.