Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 08/02/2004 At

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 00:50:56 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 080626
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 08/02/2004 AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 047/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    08/02/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 995 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.1S / 52.8E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
 EAST) AT 0600 UTC
 MOVEMENT:          QUASI-STATIONARY

 THREAT AREAS:
 SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FAR FROM THE CENTRE MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
 SEMI-CIRCLE.

 CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE
 ,  BUT NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN
 60NM AND 150NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND
 BETWEEN100 NM AND 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE, IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE,
REACHING LOCALLY GA
LE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/08 AT 18 UTC:
26.0S / 53.3E, MAX WIND = 35 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/09 AT 06 UTC:
24.9S / 53.6E, MAX WIND = 35 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE CENTRE IS THE MAIN CENTRE OF THIS WIDE CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION (TWO
SECONDARY LOWS ARE  TURNING AROUND THIS LOW, THEY ARE LOCATED BY 26.5S/53
.6E AND 26.9S/52.1E). IT IS ALMOST-STATIONNARY, AND SHOULD GOBACK
NORTHWARD AT MEDIUM RANGE.
IT IS STILL GENERATING STRONG WINDS EXTENDS FAR FROM THE CENTRE, DUE TO
THE GRADIENT EFFECT AND MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.