Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 01:07:58 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 110621
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 11/02/2004 AT 0600
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 059/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 11/02/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 1000 HPA
POSITION:           27.0S / 55.6E
(TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
ISOLATED SQUALLS EXIST MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE,

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE ,
REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT, LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT, AND
ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS FAR FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300  NM,
MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/11 AT 18 UTC:
27.6S / 53.0E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/12 AT 06 UTC:
29.7S / 50.0E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONG WINDS EXIST FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN AND
WESTERN SECTORS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.