Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 03:55:31 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 090955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 09 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0800 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LEVEL LOW/SURFACE LOW AND COLD FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45
NM OF LINE 30N148W 26N146W 22N147W MOVED EAST-NORTHEAST AT LESS THAN
10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 08N142W
07N153W MOVED WEST AT ABOUT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF POINT 05N165W WERE NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH FLUCTUATIONS IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

UPPER LEVEL LOW WEST OF DATELINE/ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...WHICH CROSSED
THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 03N175W 03N175E AND MOVED
WEST AT 05 TO 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 09N180 MOVED WEST AT 10 KT AND
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE LOW...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 180 NM OF POINT 27S180 MOVED
SOUTHWEST SLOWLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH/CZ...WIDELY SCATTERED TO SCATTERED CB BOUNDED BY
11S172W 19S170W 21S173W 17S177W MOVED EAST AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB...WHICH CROSSED THE
DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 18S175W 14S178E AND MOVED
SOUTHEAST AT 05 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 27S149W MOVED
NORTHEAST AT LESS THAN 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE FIRST CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE TROUGH/CZ IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 08S150W 10S159W MOVED NORTH-
NORTHWEST AT LESS THAN 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY...BUT A
DECREASE IN COVERAGE.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.