Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:14:55 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 280000
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 28/01/2004 AT 0000
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 008/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 28/01/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 6 (ELITA) 992 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.8S / 44.3E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE DEGREES
 EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          NORTH-NORTH-EAST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO
300 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE. NEAR GALE
FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE
CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS
UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/28 AT 12 UTC:
15.6S / 45.2E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/29 AT 00 UTC:
16.2S / 46.7E, OVERLAND.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
ELITA GENERATES A LARGE AREA OF HEAVY RAINS, MAINLY IN THE NORTH OF THE
SYSTEM. STRONGER WINDS, MORE THAN 40 KT, CAN BE OBSERVED IN THE NORTH OF THE
SYSTEM DUE  TO THE STRONG NORTHWESTERLY MONSOON FLOW.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.