Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 03:44:19 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 020945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 02 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND WITHIN 45 NM OF
LINE 07N177E 07N178W 06N175W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT/SHEAR LINE...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...MAINLY...LOW AND MIDDLE
CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TCU THAT
EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND CROSS THE DATELINE ARE BOUNDED BY 30N179W
30N170W 24N180 19N170E 16N160E 15N150E 14N135E 21N160E 24N170E.
FEATURE HAS BEEN MOVING EAST AT 20 KT ALONG 30N AND BECOMING NEARLY
STATIONARY SOUTH OF 20N.

UPPER TROUGH...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED
TO WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF
140W ARE BOUNDED BY 23N140W 08N140W 06N160W 15N145W 23N140W.
FEATURE MOVING EAST SLOWLY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT/SHEAR LINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 04S160E 05S170E 06S179E 08S170W 13S160W 15S170W 10S178W
09S170E 10S170E HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 TO 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...2...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 15S162W 25S160W 25S150W 15S155W HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 10 KT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.