Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:42:54 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 060000
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 06/02/2004
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 038/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    06/02/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 992 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.7S / 51.3E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY ONE DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          UNDETERMINED

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER LOCATED IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE,  FROM 100 NM TO
400
NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS AROUND THE
CENTRE, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN
80NM
AND 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, AND LOCALLY GALE
FORCE
 WINDS 35/40KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS FAR FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHERN
SECTOR (BETWEEN
 100 AND 200NM FROM THE CENTRE).
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/06 AT 12 UTC:
27.0S / 52.0E, MAX WIND = 35 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/07 AT 00 UTC:
27.4S / 52.7E, MAX WIND = 35 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
SEVERAL LOWS EXIST WITHIN AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE. ON THE NOAA
SATELLITE
IMAGERY OF 22H30 UTC, THEY WERE LOCATED BY 26.5S/51.3E, 25.4S/50.9E
AND
25.6S/52.4E.
THE LOCATIONOF THIS GROUP OF LOWS SHOULD REMAINS IN THIS AREA DURING
NEXT
 DAYS.
STRONGER WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN
SECTOR,
 DUE TO THE SEVERE GRADIANT GENERATED  BY THE HIGH SUBTROPICAL
PRESSURES
AND UNDER SQUALLS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.