Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:22:27 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 190323
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC MON 19 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML. THE EVALUATION PERIOD WILL
END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE ENCOURAGE YOUR
COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK TO A FEEDBACK
FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE. YOUR FEEDBACK
WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF MODIFICATIONS ARE
NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 19/0000 UTC...
..TROUGH AXIS IS ALONG 32N121W 25N131W.
..HIGH PRES IS CENTERED N OF AREA WITH GENERALLY
   ANTICYCLONIC FLOW N OF 10N W OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 19/0300 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
3N77W 5N95W 7N110W 9N114W 4N125W 1N140W.  WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 114W AND 118W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH POSSIBLE ISOLATED
SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH N OF 29N.

STRONG SHORTWAVE TROUGH IS EVIDENT IN WATER VAPOR IMAGERY ALONG
32N125W 25N127W 18N130W. THIS SHORTWAVE CONTINUES TO MOVE E AT
15-20 KT. BROAD AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ARE
FOUND E OF SHORTWAVE TROUGH.

$$
MOLLEDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.