Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:55:35 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 040955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 04 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH...HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS
AND ISOLATED TCU WITHIN 200 NM OF LINE THROUGH 30N152W 19N158W
07N165W THAT HAVE MOVED WEST 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA...WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

ITCZ...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 04N168W 06N156W HAVE
MOVED WEST 15-20 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE SURFACE/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS. OTHERWISE NO SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES OR WEATHER.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
NONE.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
WEAK LOW...NEAR 19S155W...HAS TROUGHS FROM LOW CENTER THROUGH
25S142W AND THROUGH 07S174W. WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN 175 NM OF A
LINE THROUGH 06S173W 12S160W 17S150W 25S141W HAVE MOVED LITTLE...
INCREASED SLIGHTLY IN AREA...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

COLD FRONT...THAT EXTENDS WEST OF 180...HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST
LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE THROUGH 23S170E 23S177E 25S177W
THAT HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST 10-15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF 180...WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
02S173E 07S173W 07S171E 02S173E HAVE MOVED EAST 5 KT AND DECREASED
IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.