Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:36:21 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 241537
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT 24 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 24/1200 UTC...
..HIGH PRES CENTER PREVIOUSLY NEAR 28N134W HAS DISSIPATED WITH
   A REMNANT RIDGE EXTENDING FROM 32N139W SE TO 25N125W 20N109W.
..DISSIPATING COLD FRONT ENTERS AREA NEAR 32N128W EXTENDING SW
   TO 31N133W.  BAND OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW TO MID CLOUDS WITH
   SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG FRONT...WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS WELL
   E OF FRONT N OF 31N E OF 122W.
..WEAK TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 14N115W TO 6N123W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/1500 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
3N78W 4N90W 6N105W 7N120W 6N135W 5N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 115W AND 122W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 128W
AND 133W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
UPPER LEVEL LOW/CYCLONIC CIRCULATION NEAR 21N133W MOVING S TO SE
15 KT HAS WEAKENED IN LAST 6 HOURS.

AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS MAINLY FROM 20N
TO 29N BETWEEN 119W AND 130W.

UPPER LEVEL LOW INLAND OVER NW MEXICO WITH TROUGH AXIS EXTENDING
S TO SOUTHERN SEA OF CORTEZ NEAR 22N108W...MOVING E 15-20 KT.
BAND OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS
WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 23N106W 18N111W.

$$
MOLLEDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.