Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:54:53 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 222155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 22 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/UPPER TROUGH/SURFACE TROUGH...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED
CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CB/TCU
THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N ARE BOUNDED BY 30N165W 30N157W 23N157W
16N170W 18N170W 23N167W.  SURFACE FEATURE HAS MOVED EAST AT 30 KT
ALONG 30N...AND HAS BEEN DISSIPATING SOUTH OF 25N.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.  FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE EQUATOR AND
DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 03N177E 03N170W EQ170W 02S176E HAVE MOVED
WEST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 07S150W 09S140W
20S131W 20S134W 12S144W 13S150W HAVE MOVED NORTH TO NORTHEAST AT 5
KT IN 18 HOURS AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NEW ISOLATED CB/TCU ARE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 14S173W 15S171W.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE EQUATOR AND
DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY 03N177E 03N170W EQ170W 02S176E HAVE MOVED
WEST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.