Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:58:56 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 282159
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED 28 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 28/1800 UTC...
..1030 MB HIGH PRES CENTERED N OF REGION NEAR 34N134W WITH RIDGE
   AXIS EXTENDING SE THROUGH 30N127W 26N120W TO 22N115W. HIGH
   PRES COVERS THE AREA N OF 12N W OF 108W.
..STRONG HIGH PRES OVER WESTERN GULF OF MEXICO BUILDING S ACROSS
   SE MEXICO WILL CONTINUE TO RESULT IN STRONG WINDS OVER THE
   GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC FOR THE NEXT 12-18 HOURS.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 28/2145 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS...3N78W 5N85W 5N100W 6N110W 7N120W
7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 119W AND
123W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 131W
AND 134W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED
SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS ARE NOTED FROM 12N TO 18N BETWEEN 115W
AND 127W. UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE FROM THIS AREA OF ACTIVITY IS
STREAMING NORTHEAST TOWARD MEXICO AND THE SOUTHERN UNITED
STATES.

$$
COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.