Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 03/03/2004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 00:12:39 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 030614
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 03/03/2004
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 005/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 03/03/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 9 (GAFILO) 992 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.4S / 63.7E
(THIRTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL SEVEN
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST 20 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP TO
 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/03 AT 18 UTC:
13.8S / 61.0E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/04 AT 06 UTC:
14.5S / 58.5E, MAX WIND = 60 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
CENTRE IS NOW LOCATED UNDER DEEP CONVECTION, THAT HAS ORGANIZED OVER
LAST
 NIGHT.GAFILO QUICKLY TRACKS WESTWARDS, AND SHOULD MAINTAIN THIS
DIRECTION DURING NEXT DAYS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.