Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 08/03/2004 At 0000

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 22:31:33 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 080050
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 08/03/2004 AT 0000
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 24/9 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: MONDAY    08/03/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        OVERLAND DEPRESSION 9 (EX-GAFILO)
POSITION:          WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.0S / 45.0E
(SEVENTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FORTY FIVE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES
EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 13 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY
UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE  THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS EXTEND UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE NORTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
200 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE
IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, MAINLY IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT. STRONG
GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/08 AT 12 UTC:
18.5S / 43.8E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/09 AT 00 UTC:
20.0S / 43.7E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
CENTRE IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE OVER LAND. IT IS FORECASTED TO RE-INTENSIFY
OVER WARM SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURE OF THE CHANNEL. CONVECTIVES CLOUDS REMAIN
VERY ACTIVES  MAINLY IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE OVER THE MOZAMBICAL CHANEL
DUE TO CONFLUENCE WITH THE MONSOON  FLOW. GALE TO NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
EXIST OVER THE SEA FAR FROM

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.