Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:47:49 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 230947
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 23 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...02N140W 02N177W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 04N153W 02N160W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 20KT WITH
LITTLE CHANGE. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 20NM OF LINE
08N163W 07N166W 04N167W. NEW SCATTERED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 50NM OF
LINE 02N171W. 02N174W 01N175W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 20N156W 22N156W 22N157W HAVE
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
ISOLATED TCU WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 08N169W 19N177W HAVE MOVED SOUTH
SLOWLY AND WEAKENED.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NIL.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
AREA OF WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 08S165W
07S146W 13S154W 12S160W 16S160W 05S169W 08S165W HAS REMAINED NEARLY
STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN SIZE.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 45NM OF LINE 09S174W 10S177W
13S177W 14S173W.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.