Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:23:07 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 031523
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC TUE FEB 03 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING CHANGING THE
FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED CHANGES AND AN
EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 03/1200 UTC...
..A 1026 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 32N140W. A RIDGE EXTENDS SE
   FROM THE HIGH ALONG 29N130W 26N120W 20N108W. HIGH PRES
   COVERS THE REGION N OF 12N W OF 108W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/1500 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N78W 3N90W 3N103W 9N123W 11N116W 9N128W 9N140W. SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75 NM OF AXIS FROM 115W-122W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM
125W-128W AND FROM 134W-137W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS FOUND WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS W OF 137W. ISOLATED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS E OF 80W AND
FROM 88W-98W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER THE SOUTHERN SEA
OF CORTEZ AND BAJA PENINSULA WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 24N108W
21N113W. SCATTERED/BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS ARE LOCATED FROM 12N TO
26N W OF 130W.

$$
FORECASTER BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.