Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 03:45:28 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 190945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 19 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 06N153W 06N157W HAVE
MOVED WEST 15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY. WIDELY
SCATTERED CB BOUNDED BY 08N178W 07N172W 03N170W 01N177W 02N180
08N178W HAVE MOVED WEST 10 TO 15 KT...INCREASED IN AREA...AND
INTENSIFIED.

FRONT 1...30N152W 27N156W 19N177W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF FRONT NORTH OF 28N HAVE MOVED EAST 20
KT...DECREASED IN AREA...AND WEAKENED.

FRONT 2...30N174W 27N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF THE
DATELINE. NEW WIDELY SCATTERED TCU WERE WITHIN 30 NM OF FRONT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT ABOVE.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT 1 AND FRONT 2. FOR DETAILS...
SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...07S156W 10S142W 24S120W AND CONTINUING EAST OF
120W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM NORTH OF TROUGH WEST OF 141W AND
WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH BETWEEN 141W AND 131W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

UPPER LOW/SURFACE TROUGH...WIDELY SCATTERED CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND
WEST OF THE DATELINE AND SOUTH OF 25S...PARTIALLY BOUNDED BY 13S180
17S166W 25S166W 25S176W 18S180 13S180 HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE TROUGH/UPPER LOW...FOR
CONVECTION SOUTH OF SAMOA.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.