Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 03:46:13 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 170945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 17 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT 1...LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 22N171W TO
19N167W TO 20N158W TO 21N145W AND WITHIN 90 NM OF THE LINE FROM
21N145W TO 24N140W AND FURTHER NORTHEAST MOVED EAST AT 20 KT.

FRONT 2...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS CROSSING THE DATELINE WITHIN 90 NM
OF THE LINE FROM 15N144E TO 17N160E TO 28N180 AND WITHIN AREA
BOUNDED BY 47N172W 46N166W 40N157W 28N158W 29N170W 25N180 30N180
38N172W 43N171W MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 35 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT 1 IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION
ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT 1 AND FRONT 2 IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
SECTION ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 09N148W 08N145W 07N144W
07N140W 06N140W 04N146W 04N149W 08N149W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF
THE LINE FROM 06N176W TO 03N171W TO 01N170W TO 05N164W REMAINED
NEARLY STATIONARY AND CHANGED LITTLE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF THE
LINE CROSSING THE DATELINE FROM 12S170E TO 17S172E TO 29S173W
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY. THE CB CHANGED LITTLE IN AREA OR
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 08S165W 10S154W 14S145W 21S137W
24S143W 18S156W 23S162W 22S166W 11S168W REMAINED NEARLY
STATIONARY...CHANGED LITTLE IN AREA...AND WEAKENED. NEW ISOLATED CB
WERE WITHIN 105 NM OF THE POINT 10S179W.

$$
RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.