Subject: Indian-N: Ocean/021800z-031800zjan2004//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:16:40 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 021800
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/021800Z-031800ZJAN2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/020751JAN2004//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/021353JAN2004//
AMPN/REF A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 020600Z8, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 06S (DARIUS) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 18.7S6 58.4E7, APPROXIMATELY 125 NM NORTH-NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS,
HAS TRACKED SOUTHWARD AT 05 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF
A (WTXS31 PGTW 020900) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
(2) AT 021200Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 08S WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.5S2 119.3E4, APPROXIMATELY 245 NM NORTH-NORTHEAST OF PORT HEDLAND,
HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF
B (WTXS32 PGTW 021500) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.4S1 123.1E7
IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARAGRAPH 2.A.(2)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. RELEASED BY: MAJOR GRUBER, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: FORECAST TEAM: GRUBER/JACOBS/TINOCO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.