Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:35:22 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 141535
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC WED 14 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML. THE EVALUATION PERIOD WILL
END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE ENCOURAGE YOUR
COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK TO A FEEDBACK
FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE. YOUR FEEDBACK
WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF MODIFICATIONS ARE
NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 14/1200 UTC...
..A 1022 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER IS NEAR 28N127W.  A RIDGE
   EXTENDS SW ALONG 24N135W TO 21N140W.
..A WEAKENING COLD FRONT ENTERS THE AREA NEAR 32N131W AND
   EXTENDS SW ALONG 27N136W TO 25N140W.
..LOW PRES 1012 MB IS NEAR 24N111W WITH TROUGH AXIS S THROUGH
   20N109W TO 12N114W. LOW CENTER CONTINUES TO MOVE N NEAR 15
   KT. AREAS OF RAIN AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SPREADING
   NORTHWARD  ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE BAJA PENINSULA...THE SEA OF
   CORTEZ AND INTO MAINLAND MEXICO.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/1500 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N100W 8N117W 5N140W SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE
OF AXIS FROM 102W TO 104W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF 139W ON THE AXIS.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE IS WITHIN 45 NM RADIUS OF 12N107W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE IS WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE
15N109W 20N106W 24N109W.

WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE LOW
NEAR 22N114W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75
NM OF LINE ALONG 23N108W 18N108W 15N110W. CLUSTERS OF SHOWERS
AND AREAS OF RAIN ARE EMBEDDED IN A BROAD AREA OF BROKEN TO
OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS N OF 12N BETWEEN 110W AND 102W.
SIMILAR PRECIPITATION AND CLOUDS ALSO NOTED N OF 22N BETWEEN
110W AND 114W.

$$
HOLWEG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.