Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:30:11 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 081430
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/081430Z-081800ZMAR2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/080751ZMAR2004//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/081352ZMAR2004//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
 (1) AT 080600Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 16S (GAFILO) WAS
LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 180 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF ANTANANARIVO,
MADAGASCAR AND HAD TRACKED SOUTHWESTWARD AT 15 KNOTS OVER THE PAST
SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 55 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 080900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
        (2) AT 081200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 17S WAS LOCATED
APPROXIMATELY 360 NM WEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS AND HAD TRACKED
NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT 3 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS.
SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 081500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
        (1) THE REMNANTS OF TC 15P (EVAN), PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
NEAR 19.0S0 115.6E3, HAVE DISSIPATED AND ARE NO LONGER CONSIDERED
SUSPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION, PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.4S8
90.7E6, IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF THE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING IN PARA
2.A.(2).
(3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED PARA 2.B.(2) TO A TROPICAL
CYCLONE WARNING AND DISSIPATED THE AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1).
RELEASED BY: CAPT KENDALL, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM:  KENDALL/RONSSE/VOHS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.