Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 12:31:12 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 071823
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 07/03/2004 AT 1800
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 023/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    07/03/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        OVERLAND DEPRESSION 9 (EX-GAFILO)
POSITION:           16.6S / 46.2E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES EAST
) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 17 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 200 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO
400 NM FROM THE CENTRE  THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS EXTEND UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE NORTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
200 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE
IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, MAINLY IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT. STRONG
GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/08 AT 06 UTC:
18.8S / 44.0E, MAX WIND = 35 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/08 AT 18 UTC:
20.7S / 43.6E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
CONVECTIVES CLOUDS REMAIN VERY ACTIVES,  MAINLY OVER THE MOZAMBICAL CHANEL,
DU TO CONFLUENCE WITH THE MONSOON FLOW WELL ESTABLISHED ON THE NORTH OF THE
CHANEL. GALE TO NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS  EXIST OVER THE SEA FAR FROM THE
CENTRE. THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO TRACK MORE SOUTHWESTWARDS. OVER LAND,
STORM WINDS (MORE THAN 50KT) MAY STILL EXIST NEAR THE CENTRE.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.