Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 03:46:04 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 070946
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 07 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE WITHIN 60 NM
OF A LINE THROUGH 30N152W 28N160W 26N170W...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 15
KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE IN AREA
FROM 04N TO 10N WEST OF 168W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE HETA SOUTH OF FORECAST AREA NEAR 26.2S 163.7W AT
0600 UTC HAD OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 90 NM OF CENTER AND ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 360 NM OF CENTER. SEE LATEST WTPS11 NFFN BULLETIN FROM NADI
FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CONVERGENCE ZONE...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF
THE DATELINE ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 02S180 05S164W 17S157W 17S170E
12S180 02S180...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 05 KT...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE
BUT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...ARE IN AREA
SOUTH OF A LINE THROUGH 22S133W 25S120W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE CONVERGENCE ZONE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.