Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 00:06:09 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 150613
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 15/03/2004
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 046/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: MONDAY    15/03/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SUBTROPICAL DEPRESSION 9 (EX-GAFILO) 1002 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 28.5S / 63.3E
(TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL
THREE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST-SOUTH-EAST 25 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM
IN THE EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND  ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS
OF
THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY
ROUGH
SEAS, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/15 AT 18 UTC:
29.8S / 68.0E, MAX WIND = 25 KT, DISSIPATING.
24H, VALID 2004/03/16 AT 06 UTC:
DISSIPATED.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DISSIPATING SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.