Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:48:19 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 011547
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON MAR 01 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 01/1200 UTC...
..1024 MB HIGH PRES NEAR 30N131W WITH RIDGE AXIS SE TO
   15N105W. STRONG PRES GRADIENT S OF RIDGE CAUSING MODERATE
   TRADES S OF 20N W OF RIDGE AXIS.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 1515 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION ALONG 2N78W 6N90W 9N100W
7N115W 6N130W 3N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 TO 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
113W AND 133W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 TO 60
NM EITHER SIDE OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 88W AND 92W...AND BETWEEN
100W AND 109W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO LOCALLY OVERCAST LOW LEVEL CLOUDINESS N OF 12N BETWEEN
110W AND 130W.

$$
FORECASTER COBB/CLARK

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.