Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:47:34 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 261544
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON 26 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 26/1200 UTC...
..HIGH PRES 1026 MB CENTERED JUST N OF THE REGION NEAR 32N131W
WITH AN ASSOCIATED RIDGE EXTENDING SE TO NEAR 18N105W. HIGH PRES
COVERS THE AREA N OF 12N W OF 105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 26/1400 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
3N78W 6N90W 5N100W 4N120W 8N127W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM OF ITCZ AXIS BETWEEN 124W AND 126W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST OCCASIONALLY OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS
ARE NOTED FROM 18N TO 27N W OF 112W. MOSTLY OVERCAST LOW/MID
LEVEL CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED POSSIBLE ISOLATED SHOWERS NOTED FROM
12N TO 16N BETWEEN 110W AND 125W. SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH
CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A JET STREAM BRANCH ARE WITHIN 12N117W
13N110W TO INLAND THE MEXICAN COAST NEAR 17N103W.

$$
AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.