Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 03:46:31 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 090946
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 09 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT1...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE CROSSING
THE DATELINE FROM 15N163E TO 20N180 TO 30N160W AND WITHIN 150 NM OF
THE LINE FROM 30N160W TO 40N150W AND FURTHER NORTH MOVED SOUTHEAST
AT 10 KT.

FRONT2...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE LINE CROSSING
THE DATELINE FROM 23N177E TO 28N171W TO 33N164W TO 40N160W AND
FURTHER NORTH MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 35 KT ON AVERAGE...BUT
DECELERATED RAPIDLY DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT1 AND FRONT2 IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
SECTION ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 09S169W 10S162W 24S159W
28S161W 19S167W 13S172W MOVED WEST SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT...INCREASED IN
AREA...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE DISCUSSION OF TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT 10S144W. NEW ISOLATED
CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE POINT 10S174W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE
WITHIN AREA CROSSING THE DATELINE BOUNDED BY 08S176E 08S179W 11S175W
12S180 12S178E 10S173E.

$$
RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.