Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 03:45:45 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 140945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 14 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...06N140W 03N150W 07N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W AND WEST OF
180. SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN
100NM OF LINE 03N145W 03N156W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15KT AND
INTENSIFIED. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 06N178W 07N180 AND
EXTENDING WEST HAVE MOVED WEST AT 25KT AND DECREASED IN THE PAST 12
HOURS. ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90NM OF
ITCZ HAVE WEAKENED.

FRONT 1...30N152W 25N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF 180.
ISOLATED TCU AND OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 100NM OF FRONT EAST
OF 173W AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM OF FRONT WEST
OF 173W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 35KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

FRONT 2...30N177W 27N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N. WIDELY
SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 20NM OF
FRONT HAVE MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 40KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...FRONT 1 AND FRONT 2.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NIL.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100NM OF LINE 25S177W 21S180 AND EXTENDING
NORTHWEST HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 10KT...AND INCREASED IN AREA.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 13S155W 20S146W 22S158 13S155W
HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND EXPANDED IN SIZE.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.