Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:54:33 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 032145
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 03 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE WITHIN
60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 06N164W 05N180...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 05 KT
..WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

FRONT...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE WITHIN 60 NM
OF A LINE THROUGH 26N174W 30N170W...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 05 KT...WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

UPPER LOW/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W...ARE IN
AREA BOUNDED BY 25N140W 11N140W 15N150W 19N142W 25N140W...HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/TROUGH...WIDELY SCATTERED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...ARE
IN AREA BOUNDED BY 10S157W 20S156W 25S153W 25S160W 10S166W
10S157W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

CONVERGENCE ZONE...ISOLATED CB...THAT THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE
DATELINE...ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 13S180 14S166W 20S165W 20S173W
16S180 13S180...HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE CONVERGENCE ZONE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 120W...ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE
THROUGH 22S126W 24S120W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF
THE DATELINE...ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 06S172W
07S180...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.