Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 06:22:03 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 071223
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 07/02/2004 AT 1200
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 044/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  07/02/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 992 HPA
POSITION:           25.8S / 52.7E
(TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 7 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SYSTEM WITHOUT ANY CONVECTION.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE ,
REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN 100 NM AND 300
NM FROM THE CENTRE,  AND LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH
SEAS BETWEEN 100 NM AND 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN S
EMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/08 AT 00 UTC:
26.5S / 53.3E, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/08 AT 12 UTC:
27.2S / 53.1E, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGEST WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE,  MAINLY IN THE WESTERN AND
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLES,  DUE TO THE  GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE HIGH
SUBTROPICAL PRESSURES BUILDING IN THE SOUTHWEST, AND WITH THE MONSOON FLOW
IN THE NORTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.