Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 31/01/2004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:38:31 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 310600
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 31/01/2004
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 016/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  31/01/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 7 (FRANK) 935 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.3S / 61.7E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL SEVEN
DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          STATIONARY 0 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/95 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF
 THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120
NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN AND
SOUTHREASTERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/31 AT 18 UTC:
15.9S / 61.1E, MAX WIND = 90 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/01 AT 06 UTC:
17.5S / 61.0E, MAX WIND = 100 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
WE OBSERVE A LIGHT WEAKENING DUE TO THE STATIONNARITY OF THE SYSTEM.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.