Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 06:18:56 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 091217
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 09/03/2004 AT 1200
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 030/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   09/03/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 9 (GAFILO) 985 HPA
POSITION:           20.0S / 42.4E
(TWENTY DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FORTY TWO DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST 3 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING UP TO
450 NM FROM THE CENTRE, LOCALLY  UP TO 800 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE. GALE
FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS EXIST WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE
CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS EXIST
WITHIN 250  NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 350 NM IN THE NORTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE. REMARK : AROUND THE SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN COASTS OF
MADAGASCAR, WITHIN THE AREA OF STRONG GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH SUBTROPICAL
PRESSURES, GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT, REACHING LOCALLY STORM FORCE 50 KT,
AND HIGH SEAS EXTEND FROM 23 TO 28 SOUTH, BETWEEN 43 AND 53 EAST. STRONG
GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/10 AT 00 UTC:
20.3S / 43.5E, MAX WIND = 60 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/10 AT 12 UTC:
21.0S / 44.3E, OVERLAND.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE CENTRE OF GAFILO SHOULD MAKE A SECOND LANDFALL FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS,
BETWEEN MORONDAVA AND TULEAR.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.