Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Warning (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 00:44:28 -0600

WTIO30 FMEE 040600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST WARNING (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

0.A WARNING NUMBER                 : 25/4/20032004
1.A MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 4  (DARIUS)

2.A POSITION 2004/01/04 AT 0600 UTC :
WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 28.0S / 59.6E
(TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL SIX
DEGREES EAST)

3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                : 2.0/3.0 /W  1.0/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE               : 993 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN) : 40 KT

6.A EXTENSION OF WINDS BY QUADRANTS (KM):
30 KT       NE: 150   SE: 350   SO: 150   NO: 080
50 KT       NE:       SE: 100   SO:       NO:

7.A FIRST CLOSED ISOBARE (PRESSURE / AVERAGE DIAM): 1008 HPA / 600 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION: SHALLOW

1.B FORECASTS:
12H: 2004/01/04 18 UTC: 32.1S/62.2E, MAX WIND=040KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H: 2004/01/05 06 UTC: EXTRATROPICAL.

2.B OTHER INFORMATIONS:
T=2.0- CI=3.0
SHEARED PATTERN WITH THE LLCC LOCATED AT 1.3 DEGRES OF DEEP
CONVECTION.
DARIUS IS BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL WITH STRONGEST WINDS LOCATED MORE
AND
MORE FAR FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHSOUTHEAST DUE TO THE
GRADIANT WITH THE RIDGE AND UNDER DEEP CONEVCTIVE ACTIVITY.
DARIUS IS EVACUATING TO THE SOUTHSOUTHEAST JUST BEFORE THE COLD FRONT
WITH WICH IT SHOULD MERGE DURING THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.