Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 03:45:54 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 190945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 19 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE/UPPER LOW...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE IN
AREA BOUNDED BY 30N156W 30N147W 20N148W 20N151W 27N151W
30N156W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

COLD FRONT...WIDELY SCATTERED CB...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE
WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 30N176W 25N176W 18N175W...HAVE MOVED
EAST AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

ITCZ...WIDELY SCATTERED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE
WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 06N169W 06N180...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE COLD FRONT UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND EAST OF
120W...ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 21S127W 25S120W 25S126W 21S127W...HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 05 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

CONVERGENCE ZONE 1...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 120W...ARE IN
AREA BOUNDED BY 04S133W 05S120W 11S120W 04S133W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

CONVERGENCE ZONE 2...WIDELY SCATTERED CB ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY
08S156W 10S150W 13S150W 16S157W 16S166W 11S162W 08S156W...HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF 24S166W...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10
KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.