Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:15:48 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 230200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN/
AND SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/220200Z-230600ZMAR2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/220751ZMAR04//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/221953ZMAR04//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 220600Z0, TROPICAL DEPRESSION (TD) 02W WAS LOCATED
NEAR 16.7S4 124.2E9, APPROXIMATELY 220 NM NORTHEAST OF MANILA, AND
HAD TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 02 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06
HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 220900) FOR FINAL WARNING.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 221800Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 19P (GRACE) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 21.6S9 158.1E5, APPROXIMATELY 470 NM WEST OF NOUMEA,
NEW CALEDONIA, AND HAD TRACKED EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 10 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 25
KNOTS GUSTING 35 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTPS31 PGTW 222100) FOR FINAL
WARNING.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21.5S8
169.5E1, APPROXIMATELY 170 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF NOUMEA, NEW
CALEDONIA, HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPDATED PARA 1.A.(1) AND PARA 2.A.(1)
AND DISSIPATED SYSTEM IN PARA 2.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: GRUBER/PITTS/HEATH/TINOCO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.