Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:03:44 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 092203
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 9 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
EQUATORIAL TROUGH/MONSOON TROUGH...WIDELY SCATTERED CB...PARTLY OVER
LAND...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF THE EQUATOR AND WEST OF 180...WITHIN
BROAD AREA BOUNDED BY 08N146E 06N170E 04N174W 10S174E 14S164E
14S132E EQ108E 05N110E 08N146E HAVE MOVED WEST 5-10 KT...INCREASED
IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

UPPER LEVEL LOW/SURFACE LOW...SCATTERED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE
THROUGH 30N147W 24N145W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/ITCZ...OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN AREA
BOUNDED BY 28N140W 03N140W 04N154W 28N140W HAVE INCREASED IN AREA
AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE THROUGH 06N141W
06N146W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND HAVE INCREASED SLIGHTLY IN
AREA AND INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE THROUGH 04N172W 05N169W HAVE
MOVED WEST 15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH/CZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE THROUGH 20S175W
25S173W HAVE DECREASED IN BOTH AREA AND INTENSITY.

SURFACE FRONT...HAS NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF POINT
23N135W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 09S177W 10S173W HAVE MOVED WEST 05
KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN BOTH AREA AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN
AREA BOUNDED BY 06S165W 09S151W 15S158W 06S165W HAVE MOVED NORTHWEST
10-15 KT AND DECREASED IN BOTH AREA AND INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.