Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 03:55:11 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 090955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 09 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH
OF 30N...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N152W 30N146W 24N160W 21N173W 23N171W
27N160W.  FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 38 KT ALONG 30N...MOVING EAST TO
SOUTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 KT SOUTH OF 24N.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 07N149W 05N146W 03N152W 05N153W
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 01S164E 04S166E 03S173E 05S179W 10S178W 11S180 06S164E
09S159E 01S153E HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN AREA
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...2...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 05S173W 05S160W
14S153W 18S156W 14S160W 13S177W 11S178W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 KT AND
DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 12S146W 18S131W 25S129W 25S133W 17S143W 15S150W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION...THOUGH SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...2...FOR CONVECTION NORTH OF THE ISLANDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.