Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:52:17 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 030936
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED MAR 03 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 03/0600 UTC...
..COLD FRONT THROUGH 30N112W 23N121W 24N132W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0845 UTC...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 5N97W 7N117W 8N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS FROM 102W TO
108W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90/120 NM OF
AXIS FROM 114W TO 120W. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 90/120 NM OF
AXIS FROM 96W TO 101W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE/STRONG WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 8N104W TO
11N110W. SHOWERS AND STRONG THUNDERSTORMS INLAND AND ALONG THE
COAST OF COLOMBIA N OF 4N. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH
SCATTERED SHOWERS/ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER BAJA PENINSULA AND
THE GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N.

$$
FORECASTER PAW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.