Subject: Indian-S: Msgid/genadmin/navpacmetoccen Pearl Harbor Hi/jtwc//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:20:38 -0600

WTXS21 PGTW 161630
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION 161621ZMAR2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/151951ZMAR2004//
AMPN/REF IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTXS21 PGTW 152000)//
RMKS/
1. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
2. REMARKS:
THIS CANCELS REF A. THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY
LOCATED NEAR 16.3S0 85.5E8, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.5S2 83.0E1,
APPROXIMATELY 845 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS. RECENT
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT ONLY A MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION REMAINS
WITH NO INDICATION OF CURVATURE IN THE LOW-LEVEL CLOUD LINES. REMAINING
DEEP CONVECTION IS WEAK AND CYCLIC. THE UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT REMAINS
MODERATELY FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT BUT ORGANIZATION HAS DECREASED
SIGNIFICANTLY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO
25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.