Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:46:38 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 202146
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 20 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...06N140W 04N156W 04N161W 02N167W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30NM OF LINES 05N151W 05N154W 04N161E 04N162E
HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15KT AND WEAKENED. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU ELSEWHERE
WITHIN 100NM OF ITCZ.

FRONT...30N157W 26N170W 20N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST
OF 180. SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 70 NM OF FRONT EAST OF 170W
AND BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 45NM NORTH OF FRONT WEST OF 170W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION
ABOVE...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NIL.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SHEARLINE...23S120W 24S132E. SHOWERY BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS
WITHIN 40NM HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST AT 7KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

LOW/TROUGH...LOW NEAR 23S159W WITH TROUGH FROM 25S160W THROUGH LOW
TO 20S158W 17S160W 14S167W 18S177W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75NM OF LINE
25S150W 13S161W...WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN 65NM OF LINE 13S161W
12S171W AND ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 08S176W 09S172W 16S178W 12S179W
08S176W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...LOW/TROUGH.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.