Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:46:44 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 040946
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 04 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...THAT CROSS 180...WERE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE
04N169E 04N180 06N175W 06N171W AND HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH
A SLIGHT INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

UPPER LOW/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W...WERE
WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 20N141W 17N143W AND HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...WERE WITHIN
AREA BOUNDED BY 08S173W 10S155W 25S158W 21S167W 08S173W...HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN COVERAGE...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE...FRONT/TROUGH...FOR NEARBY CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF POINT 23S128W HAVE MOVED WEST 10 KT AND
WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE.

$$

WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.