Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:50:38 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 202150
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC FRI FEB 20 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 20/1800 UTC...
..HIGH PRESSURE 26N134W 1023 MB IS MOVING WESTWARD 10 KT. HIGH
PRESSURE DOMINATES REGION N OF 10N W OF 105W. WEAK COLD FRONT
NORTH OF THE HIGH FROM 32N128W TO 30N135W MOVING E 15 KT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N80W 4N90W
5N100W 5N110W 5N120W 5N130W 6N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION
NEAR 4N100W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30NM
OF AXIS FROM 110W TO 12OW.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
MULTI-LAYERED CLOUDS COVER THE AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 110W AND
123W. AREA OF CLOUDS CAPPED BY STRONG SUBTROPICAL JETSTREAM
EXTENDING FROM 32N131W 29N125W TO 32N117W. BROKEN OCCASIONAL
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE AREA BETWEEN 10N AND 25N W OF 124W.
$$

FORECASTER COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.