Subject: Indian-S: Msgid/genadmin/navpacmetoccen Pearl Harbor Hi/jtwc//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:01:42 -0600

WTXS21 PGTW 131430
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION 131421Z MAR 04//
REF/A/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/122251ZMAR2004//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT//
RMKS/
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY PORT LOUIS
1. THIS MESSAGE SUPERCEDES AND CANCELS REF A. THE AREA OF CONVECTION
PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 22.7S1 47.3E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR
23.6S1 49.2E5, APPROXIMATELY 295 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF
ANTANANARIVO, MADAGASCAR. MULTI-SPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY HAS
REVEALED THAT THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) HAS BECOME
LESS ORGANIZED AND IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS
OF RECENT CIMSS SATELLITE WINDS INDICATES AN UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT
OF MODERATE VERTICAL SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1001 MB. SEE
REF A (WTXS21 PGTW 122300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.