Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:41:23 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 052140
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 05 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...NEW ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W...ARE WITHIN 60 NM
OF LINE THROUGH 09N140W 08N152W. ISOLATED CB ARE IN AREA FROM 05S TO
10S BETWEEN 161W AND 174W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/SHEAR LINE...ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN 40 NM OF A
LINE THROUGH 22N162W 16N167W...HAVE MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 05
KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE BUT DECREASED IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/SHEAR LINE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/SHEAR LINE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LOW/SURFACE TROUGH...WIDELY SCATTERED CB ARE IN AREA BOUNDED
BY 19S173W 10S154W 15S151W 21S158W 20S166W 15S165W 14S172W 19S173W
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE UPPER LOW/SURFACE TROUGH UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 13S132W 17S125W
17S120W...HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 10 KT...AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE BUT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY. ISOLATED...THAT CROSS THE
DATELINE...ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF 09S179W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.