Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 00:34:12 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 030600
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 03/01/2004 AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 021/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  03/01/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 4 (DARIUS) 988 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.1S / 57.9E
(TWENTY TWO DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
 NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
 RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
 SEMI-CIRCLE.
 STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

 FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
 12H, VALID 2004/01/03 AT 18 UTC:
 24.2S / 58.0E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.
 24H, VALID 2004/01/04 AT 06 UTC:
 27.3S / 59.0E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.

 OTHER INFORMATIONS:
 DARIUS HAS STARTED TO BECOME AN EXTRATROPICAL SYSTEM. THE LOW LEVEL
 CIRCULATION IS LOCATED IN THE NORTHWESTERN EDGE OF THE CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.