Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 03:54:34 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 310955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 31 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LEVEL LOW...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 20N155W 20N151W
WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 21N149W 17N150W MOVED NORTH AT LESS
THAN 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 11N149W 15N141W MOVED NORTHEAST AT 05 KT...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/SURFACE FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE
29N175W 30N168W MOVED EAST AT 15 KT WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN
COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB...WHICH CROSSED THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 60 NM
OF LINE 04N171W 03N180 03N179W AND WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE FIRST CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LEVEL LOW IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC. FOR DETAILS...SEE
THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH
WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/SURFACE FRONT IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...SCATTERED CB WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 23S164W 10S161W
MOVED WEST SLOWLY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED
CB...WHICH CROSSED THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 11S166W
14S180 14S179E AND MOVED EAST-SOUTHEAST SLOWLY WITH A SLIGHT
INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE
07S170W 09S180 WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN
COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SECOND CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 16S147W 23S145W 26S151W 18S150W
MOVED SOUTH-SOUTHEAST AT LESS THAN 10 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN
COVERAGE.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.