Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 12:10:36 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 081819
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 08/02/2004
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 049/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    08/02/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 995 HPA
POSITION:           25.9S / 54.3E
(TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST-NORTH-EAST 6 KT

THREAT AREAS:
ISOLATED SQUALLS IN THE WESTERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE
,  BUT NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
BETWEEN
90 NM AND 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE , EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN
 SEMI-CIRCLE, REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT UP TO 240 NM
FROM THE CEN
TRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/09 AT 06 UTC:
25.8S / 54.9E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/09 AT 18 UTC:
25.4S / 54.8E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONG WINDS PERSIST FAR FROM THE CENTRE, DUE TO THE ISOBARIC
GRADIENT
WITH THE HIGH SUBTROPICAL PRESSURES, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.