Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:18:49 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 061215
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 06/03/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 018/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  06/03/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        VERY INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 9 (GAFILO) 900 HPA
POSITION:           14.8S / 52.5E
(FOURTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 9 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/120 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 /60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF THE
 CENTRE.
 GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 200 NM RADIUS OF THE
 CENTRE.
 NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 250 NM
 RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDUNG LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM OF THE CENTRE.
 STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

 FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
 12H, VALID 2004/03/07 AT 00 UTC:
 15.5S / 50.8E, MAX WIND = 115 KT.
 24H, VALID 2004/03/07 AT 12 UTC:
 16.7S / 49.0E, MAX WIND = 80 KT, OVERLAND.

 OTHER INFORMATIONS:
 GAFILO IS TRACKING WESTSOUTHWESTWARD. IT SHOULD MAKE LANDFALL IN THE
 VICINITY OF MASOALA, IN THE ANTALAHA AREA DURING NEXT NIGHT OR ON SUNDAY
 MORNING.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.