Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:10:07 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 101815
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 10/03/2004
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 001/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 10/03/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10 (HELMA EX-NICKY) 975 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.5S / 89.6E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY NINE DECIMAL SIX
DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS WITHIN 180 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 10 NM RADIUS OF THE
CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/11 AT 06 UTC:
17.4S / 88.8E, MAX WIND = 60 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/11 AT 18 UTC:
18.7S / 88.0E, MAX WIND = 60 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
SEVERE TROPICAL STORM NICKY HAS BEEN NAMED HELMA, WHEN IT CROSSED
MERIDIAN 90 EAST, LIMIT OF RSMC LA REUNION DOMAIN OF RESPONSABILITY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.