Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 03:52:52 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 040952
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 04 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT 1...30N149W 25N152W 15N160W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N.
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS PARTLY BOUNDED BY 30N151W 30N140W 17N153W
21N156W 30N151W AND EXTENDING NORTH HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 15KT AND
WEAKENED.

FRONT 2/SHEARLINE...30N160W 25N162W 20N170W EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N
AND CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE TO 18N180. BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS AND
ISOLATED CB PARTLY BOUNDED BY 30N156W 28N157W 27N161W 30N161W
30N156W AND EXTENDING NORTH. ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN LOW CLOUDS
WITHIN 45NM OF FRONT/SHEARLINE SOUTH OF 27N.

ITCZ...05N140W 10N160W 05N180. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN
60NM OF LINE 07N148W 08N153W AND BOUNDED BY 08N173W 02N172W 05N176W
08N173W. ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN
120NM OF ITCZ.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE FRONT 1 IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR MORE
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE FRONT 2 IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE HETA NEAR 11.9S 174.6W AT 0852 UTC HAS NUMEROUS CB
WITHIN 75 NM OF CENTER AND WIDELY SCATTERED CB ELSEWHERE BOUNDED BY
06S177W 09S172W 15S171W 12S178W...SEE OFFICIAL TROPICAL CYCLONES FOR
DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT 1...25S124W 20S128W 18S134W AND EXTENDING SOUTH OF 25S. BROKEN
LAYERED CLOUDS BOUNDED BY 16S133W 18S127W 25S124W 21S128W 20S133W
16S133W.

FRONT 2...25S155W 20S160W. OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 90NM.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL HETA UNDER TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 07S170W 10S165W 14S160W 15S169W
12S171W 07S170W HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND EXPANDED IN SIZE.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.