Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:40:48 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 192140
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 19 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...06N140W 05N150W 02N157W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W. ISOLATED
CB WITHIN 60NM OF ITCZ HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10KT AND INTENSIFIED.

FRONT 1...30N158W 28N160W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF
180. SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 50 NM HAVE REMAINED NEARLY
STATIONARY AND WEAKENED.

FRONT 2...30N174W 27N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF 180.
ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 30NM OF FRONT
HAVE MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 15KT AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION
ABOVE...FRONT 1 AND FRONT 2.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SHOWERY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 25NM OF LINE
20N167W OVER JOHNSTON ISLAND 09N174W 06N174W.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
LOW/TROUGH...TROUGH 25S157W THROUGH LOW NEAR 19S161W TO 14S167W.
AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 10S170W 11S160W 16S154W 20S157W
10S170W.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH 1...22S151W 11S166W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 10S144W
11S147W AND BOUNDED BY 15S145W 18S145W 18S149W 15S145W HAVE MOVED
EAST SOUTHEAST SLOWLY AND WEAKENED. ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 11S167W
11S160W 18S156W 15S165W 11S167W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND
WEAKENED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.