Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:09:31 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 262300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/262300Z-271800ZJAN2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/261251ZJAN2004//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 2631800Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 09S (ELITA) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 18.4S3 43.2E9, APPROXIMATELY 215 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF
ANTANANAVARO, MADAGASCAR, HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 03 KNOTS
DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED
AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 262100)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.8S0
64.1E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.9S1 64.1E1, APPROXIMATELY 555 NM
WEST-SOUTHWEST OF DIEGO GARCIA. LATEST ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL
IMAGERY INDICATES SUSTAINED CONVECTION OVER A WELL-DEFINED LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. 200 MB ANALYSIS REVEALS FAVORABLE UPPER
LEVEL DIFFLUENCE BUT MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT
24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.1S0
43.3E0 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE
PARAGRAPH 2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED PARA 2.B.(2) TO A TROPICAL CYCLONE
WARNING AND UPDATED PARA 2.B.(1).
4. RELEASED BY: MAJOR GRUBER, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: GRUBER/HEATH/TINOCO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.