Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:45:14 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 271546
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC TUE 27 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 27/1200 UTC...
..1028 MB HIGH PRES CENTERED NEAR 31N130W WITH RIDGE AXIS
EXTENDING SE TO 19N108W. HIGH PRES COVERS THE AREA N OF 12N
W OF 108W. HIGH PRES BUILDING S OVER THE OVER THE WESTERN GULF
OF MEXICO WILL STRENGTHEN THE PRES GRADIENT ALONG SE MEXICO
RESULTING IN WIND INCREASING TO MARGINAL GALE FORCE OVER GULF OF
TEHUANTEPEC BY AROUND 1800 UTC 27 JAN.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/1515 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS 4N78W 5N90W 5N105W 7N110W 7N130W 7N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 136W
AND 138W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW/MID LEVEL CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED MOSTLY
ISOLATED SHOWERS NOTED FROM 10N TO 17N BETWEEN 112W AND 137W.
BROKEN TO SCATTERED STRATOCUMULUS WITH POSSIBLE EMBEDDED
ISOLATED SHOWERS EXIST FROM 17N TO 29N BETWEEN 112W AND 134W.

$$
AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.