Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 08/02/2004 At

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:39:15 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 080038
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 08/02/2004 AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 46/6 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    08/02/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 995 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.2S / 53.6E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY THREE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
 EAST) AT 0000 UTC
 MOVEMENT:          EAST 3 KT

 THREAT AREAS:
 SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.

 CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE
 ,  BUT NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN
 100 NM AND 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE,  REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS
 35/40 KT, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
 STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

 FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
 12H, VALID 2004/02/08 AT 12 UTC:
 26.0S / 53.7E, EXTRATROPICAL.
 24H, VALID 2004/02/09 AT 00 UTC:
 DISSIPATED.

 OTHER INFORMATIONS:
 STRONGEST WINDS EXTENDS FAR FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
 QUADRANT.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.