Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 02/03/2004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:18:48 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 021221
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 02/03/2004
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 002/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   02/03/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 9 1002 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF POINT 13.9S / 69.9E
(THIRTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 12 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE MAINLY IN THE
WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS, REACHING
LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS IN THE
WESTERN
 SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/03 AT 00 UTC:
14.5S / 67.6E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/03 AT 12 UTC:
15.2S / 65.5E, MAX WIND = 35 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE INTENSITY IS STATIONNARY.
THE FOLLOWED CENTRE IS STILL WEAK AND BADLY DEFINED, AND MAY BE NOT
THE
DEFINITIVE CENTRE OF THE SYSTEM. DURING LAST HOURS, IT HAS DEFORMED
AND
ACCELARATED SOUTHWESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.