Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 01/02/2004 At

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 06:44:35 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 011200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 01/02/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 022/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    01/02/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 6 (ELITA) 992 HPA
POSITION:           18.6S / 42.4E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY TWO DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          NORTH-WEST 9 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDS UP TO
300 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/02 AT 00 UTC:
17.9S / 42.4E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/02 AT 12 UTC:
17.4S / 43.0E, MAX WIND = 45 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
ELITA SHOULD INTENSIFY AS IT GOES FAR FROM THE COAST. IT IS EXPECTED TO
INTENSIFY AND TO LAND AFTER A NEW LOOP THE EASTWARD.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.