Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:31:20 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 122131
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 12 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...05N140W 06N155W 04N165W 04N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W AND
WEST OF 180. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 15NM OF LINE 07N155W
07N162W AND NEW WIDELY SCATTERED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 25NM OF LINE
04N177W 04N180. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 125NM OF ITCZ HAVE INCREASED IN AREA.

SHEARLINE...30N159W 24N173W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N. BROKEN LOW
CLOUDS WITHIN 45NM OF SHEARLINE HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 10KT AND
WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...SHEARLINE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
LOW/TROUGH...LOW 25S148W WITH TROUGH THROUGH 22S149W 17S157W.
ISOLATED CB AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM OF
LINE 25S143W 22S146W 19S159W HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST SLOWLY AND
INCREASED IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50NM OF LINE 19S176W 17S178W 14S179W HAVE
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.