Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:36:20 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 052136
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC FRI MAR 05 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 05/1800 UTC...
..1031 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 33N135W.  A RIDGE EXTENDS
   SE FROM THE HIGH ALONG 29N130W 25N118W TO 22N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
5N78W 5N90W 6N102W 9N113W 6N124W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
82W-86W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF THE
AXIS FROM 89W-91W AND WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 98W-104W
AND 123W-130W. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN A 20 NM RADIUS OF
8.5N121W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 11N110W 8N114W.

$$
FORECASTER BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.