Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 03:55:20 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 020955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 02 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND BOUNDED
BY 30N151W 22N153W 18N159W 25N155W 30N154W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 TO
10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND
BOUNDED BY 30N166W 28N163W 24N164W 24N168W 29N172W 29N169W HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 08N150W 08N143W HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH.  FOR MORE DETAILS
..SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE TROUGH.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE HETA NEAR 08.3S 174.0W AT 0600 UTC HAS FREQUENT CB
WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 07S178W 07S173W AND ISOLATED CB/TCU ELSEWHERE
WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 02S172W 06S170W 10S170W...SEE LATEST BULLETINS
FROM RSMC NADI AND THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 18S160W 25S151W 25S159W HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 10 KT AND
WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 17S128W 24S123W 24S126W
21S128W 20S132W 17S133W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 12S167W 17S168W 12S174W HAVE MOVED
SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 09S156W 12S153W 12S159W 17S160W 15S165W
11S162W 09S159W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 10 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.