Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 03:25:23 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 140830
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/140830Z-141800ZMAR2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/131421ZMAR2004//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 131200Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 17S (NICKY-HELMA)
WAS LOCATED NEAR 23.1S6 84.2E4, APPROXIMATELY 975 NM SOUTHWEST OF
THE COCOS ISLANDS, AND HAD TRACKED SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 10 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 131500) FOR
THE FINAL WARNING ON THAT SYSTEM.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 23.8S3
50.2E7, APPROXIMATELY 335 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF ANTANANARIVO,
MADAGASCAR HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT  TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT
24 HOURS.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.4S8
96.4E9, APPROXIMATELY 75 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS,
HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL DISTURBANCES.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: DISSIPATED SYSTEMS IN PARA 2.B.(1)
AND 2.B.(2).
RELEASED BY: MAJOR GRUBER, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: GRUBER/HEATH/VOHS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.