Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:18:37 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 132119
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC TUE 13 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML. THE EVALUATION PERIOD WILL
END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE ENCOURAGE YOUR
COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK TO A FEEDBACK
FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE. YOUR FEEDBACK
WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF MODIFICATIONS ARE
NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 13/1800 UTC...
..1022 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER IS NEAR 30N123W WITH RIDGE AXIS
   SW TO 15N140W.
..COLD FRONT IS ENTERING NW WATERS ALONG 32N135W 25N140W. AREA
   OF GALE FORCE SLY WINDS ARE N OF 28N W OF 136W AHEAD OF THE
   FRONT.
..TROUGH AXIS IS ANALYZED ALONG 21N113W 12N117W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 13/2100 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N78W
6N100W 10N112W 8N124W 6N129W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 106W TO
110W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM RADIUS OF 81W ON THE AXIS.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 9N105W
22N109W ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROUGH.

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.