Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:11:31 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 252211
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC THU MAR 25 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 25/1800 UTC...
..RIDGE NORTH OF 15N WEST OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/2100 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION ALONG...5N77W 4N100W
4N125W 1N140W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 4N TO 7N BETWEEN 83W
AND 88W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 5N TO 7N BETWEEN 104W AND 107W.
SCATTERED MODERATE 25 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 125W AND
128W. SCATTERED MODERATE 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 132W
AND 136W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 1S TO 2N
BETWEEN 135W AND 140W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MOSTLY MID/HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A
JET STREAM ARE NOTED N OF A LINE 15N140W 23N110W. SCATTERED TO
BROKEN MID/HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH AN UPPER LEVEL
TROUGH EXTENDING SOUTH FROM 23N115W TO 6N117W ARE LOCATED FROM
8N TO 16N BETWEEN 95W AND 115W.

$$
FORECASTER ROBERTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.