Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:55:19 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 142155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 14 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED CB/TCU THAT
EXTEND NORTH OF 30N ARE BOUNDED BY 30N154W 30N151W 24N155W 20N160W
22N160W 25N157W.  FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 30 KT ALONG 30N AND
SOUTHEAST AT 20 KT ALONG 20N.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 08N153W 05N153W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.  FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
BOUNDED BY 04S173E 07S179E 05S174W 06S171W 10S172W 11S174W 12S172E
10S170E HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT WEST OF THE DATELINE AND EAST AT 8
KT EAST OF THE DATELINE WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 06S165W 07S167W 07S170W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...2...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 06S159W 08S154W
10S161W 10S164W 07S161W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.  ISOLATED CB/TCU
BOUNDED BY 07S152W 10S139W 15S136W 22S125W 24S131W 13S142W 11S152W
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.