Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:24:24 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 040924
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU MAR 04 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 04/0600 UTC...
..HIGH PRES 1031 MB N OF AREA NEAR 35N140W WITH RIDGE EXTENDING
SE TO 15N110W.
..LOW PRES 1012 MB INLAND NEAR 30N113W DRIFTING E WITH A
DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM THE CENTER TO THE LOWER BAJA
PENINSULA AND TO NEAR 18N120W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0830 UTC...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N78W 6N97W 4N110W 4N140W.
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION NEAR 3N79W 5N93W 7N94W 7N98W 7N102W
5N104W 6N110W 9N114W 7N121W 5N129W AND 4N131W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE AREA N OF 13N AND W OF
120W. LOW CLOUDS ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN N OF FRONT E OF 120W.

$$
FORECASTER RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.