Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 02:09:11 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 070624
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 07/02/2004 AT 0600
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 044/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  07/02/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 7 (EX-FRANK) 994 HPA
POSITION:           26.1S / 78.9E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY EIGHT DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 14 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SYSTEM WITHOUT ANY CONVECTION.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT AND ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE, REACHING NEAR
GALE FORCE 30 KT, LOCALLY GALE FORCE 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS, EXTENDING
FROM 100 TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE, ONLY IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/07 AT 18 UTC:
27.7S / 81.6E, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/08 AT 06 UTC:
30.3S / 87.2E, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE SYSTEM SHOWS NOW AN EXTRATROPICAL STRUCTURE, WITHOUT ANY CONVECTION.
WITH THE GRADIENT EFFECT GENERATED BY THE STILL WELL ESTABLISHED MONSOON
FLOW IN THE NORTH, STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.