Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:51:01 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 082151
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 08 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED
EMBEDDED SHOWERS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE WITHIN 100 NM OF
LINE 30N161W 25N170W 22N180. FRONT MOVING EAST 40 KT NEAR 30N AND
SOUTHEAST 10 TO 15 KT SOUTH OF 25N.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE THROUGH 06N154W 05N145W
HAVE MOVED WEST 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NONE.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH 1...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND
WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE WITHIN LARGE AREA BOUNDED BY 03S177W
03S164W 10S159W 14S153W 23S150W 23S152W 15S160W 14S180 10S180
08S173E 06S175E 07S180 03S177W AND HAVE MOVED EAST 15 KT WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH 2...ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...
WITHIN 200 NM OF LINE 11S149W 17S140W 20S136W 25S131W...HAVE
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN BOTH AREA AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1.

ELSEWHERE...
NONE.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.