Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 03:46:03 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 180945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 18 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE LINE CROSSING
THE DATELINE FROM 18N164E TO 22N180 TO 33N152W TO 40N150W AND
FURTHER NORTH MOVED EAST NORTHEAST AT 35 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE LINE FROM 05N146W TO
06N143W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE LINE FROM 06N154W
TO 05N150W. NEW ISOLATED TCU WERE WITHIN 75 NM OF THE POINT 06N159W.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE LINE FROM
25S177W TO 25S172W TO 40S163W AND FURTHER SOUTHEAST MOVED EAST
SOUTHEAST AT 5 KT.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 10S167W 10S160W 15S144W 19S143W
23S152W 22S160W 12S168W MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 15 KT AND CHANGED LITTLE
IN AREA OR INTENSITY. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE
FROM 08S177W TO 11S175W.

$$
RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.