Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:26:09 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 141525
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT FEB 14 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 14/1200 UTC...
A DISSIPATING COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N123W TO 23N136W. A
60 TO 90 NM WIDE BAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS IS
ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT.

A 1023 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 27N121W.

A 1023 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 30N130W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0830 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N78W
5N100W 6N120W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS LOCATED IN A 90 NM WIDE BAND BETWEEN 88W AND 96W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ARE LOCATED IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY
24N120W 17N117W 10N125W 10N137W 16N127W 21N134W TO 24N120W.

$$
CAB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.