Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Warning (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 06:14:11 -0600

WTIO30 FMEE 081221
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST WARNING (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

0.A WARNING NUMBER                 : 54/6/20032004
1.A EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6  (EX-ELITA)

2.A POSITION 2004/02/08 AT 1200 UTC :
WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.1S / 52.9E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES
EAST)

3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                : /
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE               : 995 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN) : 40 KT

6.A EXTENSION OF WINDS BY QUADRANTS (KM):
30 KT       NE: 250   SE: 450   SO: 400   NO: 300

7.A FIRST CLOSED ISOBARE (PRESSURE / AVERAGE DIAM): 1008 HPA / 1000
KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION: SHALLOW

1.B FORECASTS:
12H: 2004/02/09 00 UTC: 26.1S/53.2E, MAX WIND=035KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H: 2004/02/09 12 UTC: 26.0S/53.6E, MAX WIND=035KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
36H: 2004/02/10 00 UTC: 25.6S/53.9E, MAX WIND=035KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
48H: 2004/02/10 12 UTC: 25.3S/53.8E, MAX WIND=035KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
60H: 2004/02/11 00 UTC: 25.3S/53.3E, MAX WIND=035KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
72H: 2004/02/11 12 UTC: 25.4S/52.7E, MAX WIND=035KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

2.B OTHER INFORMATIONS:
SECONDARY LOWS REMAIN VISIBLE AROUND THE MAIN LOW  WHICH IS
STATIONNARY.
STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT
AND
MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.