Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:46:05 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 262146
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC MON 26 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 26/1800 UTC...
..HIGH PRES 1028 MB IS CENTERED NEAR 30N131W. AN
   ASSOCIATED RIDGE EXTENDS SE THROUGH 25N120W TO 21N112W.
   HIGH PRES COVERS THE AREA N OF 12N W OF 105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 26/2100 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N78W 6N93W 5N103W 10N126W 8N133W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 8N124W 10.5N126W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST OCCASIONALLY OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS
ARE NOTED N OF 18N W OF 115W.  MOSTLY OVERCAST LOW/MID LEVEL
CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS ARE
FOUND FROM 10N TO 15N BETWEEN 110W AND 127W.

$$
BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.