Subject: Indian-N: A. Tropical Cyclone Summary: None.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:37:56 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 111800
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.4S2
119.1E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.7S6 120.1E4, APPROXIMATELY 120 NM
NORTHEAST OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA. RECENT ANIMATED ENHANCED
INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES WEAK CYCLING DEEP CYCLING CONVECTION IN
THE REGION. SYNOPTIC DATA SUGGESTS A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION MAY
BE PRESENT NEAR THE COAST. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS CONTINUES TO SHOW
GOOD DIFFLUENCE BUT STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 998 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. RELEASED BY: LCDR ARENDS, USN.
FORECAST TEAM: LEEJOICE/ARENDS/KELSEY/RUIZ//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.