Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:54:33 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 252155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 25 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 24N155W 23N151W 21N152W
21N156W 23N158W HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA
AND WEAKENED.

FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 28N160W 26N162W 25N162W
HAVE MOVED EAST TO SOUTHEAST AT 20 TO 25 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W AND WITHIN 60 NM OF
LINE 07N142W 07N140W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA
AND INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE TROUGH.  ALSO...ISOLATED
CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 24N164W 21N160W 18N161W 15N164W 17N167W 22N167W
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.
FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.  ALSO...ISOLATED CB/TCU
BOUNDED BY 24N164W 21N160W 18N161W 15N164W 17N167W 22N167W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 13N163W 12N158W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 9 HOURS AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 08S152W 08S148W
17S139W 22S136W 22S141W 12S154W 11S159W 09S159W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 11S169W 14S173W 15S179W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 15 HOURS...INCREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSIFIED.

ELSEWHERE...
WIDELY SCATTERED TO SCATTERED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 03S169W
05S173W 05S175W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 04S176W 09S177W
10S180 HAVE MOVED WEST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.