Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:55:39 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 042155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 04 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
WEAK UPPER TROUGH...ALONG LINE 30N161W 16N170W NEARLY STATIONARY AND
WEAKENING. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS BETWEEN 225 AND 550 NM EAST OF
THE TROUGH. ISOLATED CB WITHIN THE CLOUD BAND REMAIN VERY SPARSE. CB
AND CLOUDS HAVE DIMINISHED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT WEATHER.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 150 NM OF 05N159W ARE NEWLY FORMED.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
LOW...NEAR 21S156W NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH EXTENDS FROM LOW
THROUGH 22S156W 20S154W 14S160W 06S180. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF
TROUGH CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

TROUGH...THROUGH 25S140W 23S149W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED CB
ALONG TROUGH INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
SHEAR LINE...THROUGH 25S173W 22S180 MOVING EAST 20 KT. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS/CUMULUS WITHIN 125 NM SOUTH OF SHEAR LINE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.