Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:35:28 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 241535
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC TUE FEB 24 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 24/1200 UTC...
..COLD FRONT MOVE E AND REACH 30N140W LATE TODAY.
..BROAD RIDGE FROM 20N TO 32N W OF 110W...

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 1500 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION...6N77W 6N110W 4N125W 4N140W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM OF 6.3N90.7W.
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 5.4N97.8W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 5.6N101.8W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 110W TO
125W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS NORTH OF LINE FROM THE SOUTH TIP
OF BAJA CALIFORNIA TO 20N120W TO 26N140W.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MIDDLE CLOUDS FROM 13N TO 23N WEST OF 125W
AND FROM 16N TO 20N FROM 115W TO 125W.

$$
FORECASTER LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.