Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:58:34 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 191559
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON 19 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML. THE EVALUATION PERIOD WILL
END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE ENCOURAGE YOUR
COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK TO A FEEDBACK
FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE. YOUR FEEDBACK
WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF MODIFICATIONS ARE
NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 19/1200 UTC...
..RIDGE AXIS IS ALONG 32N132W SW TO 25N140W WITH SURFACE HIGH
   PRESSURE DOMINATING MUCH OF THE AREA N OF 10N W OF 115W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 19/1530 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
2N78W 4N93W 9N113W 6N123W 7N140W. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE
WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 111W TO 122W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SOUTHWARD DIGGING SHORTWAVE TROUGH IS EVIDENT IN WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY ALONG 32N123W 20N125W. THIS SHORTWAVE CONTINUES TO MOVE
E AT 10-15 KT. E OF THE SHORTWAVE...MIDDLE LEVEL MOISTURE IS
BEING ADVECTED NE TOWARD THE BAJA PENINSULA AND PORTIONS OF NW
MEXICO AND THE SW UNITED STATES.

$$
HOLWEG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.