Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 03:46:51 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 270947
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE 27 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 27/0000 UTC...
..1029 MB HIGH PRES AT 31N126W WITH RIDGE EXTENDING SE TO
   15N110W.  HIGH PRES MOVE NE AS RIDGE STRENGTHENS.
..HIGH PRES OVER GULF OF MEXICO INCREASE N WIND OVER GULF
   OF TEHUANTEPEC BY 1800 UTC 27 JAN.  WIND FORECAST TO REACH
   GALE FORCE BY 0000 UTC 28 JAN.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/0845 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS  3N78W  4N88W  7N120W  7N140W.
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION ALONG AXIS.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN LOW/MID LEVEL CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED SHOWERS OR
TSTMS FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 112W AND 116W.

$$
WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.