Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:53:04 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 201542
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT MAR 20 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 20/1200 UTC...
..1018 MB HIGH PRES CENTER NEAR 29N125W WITH RIDGE AXIS SE
   TO 18N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 1500 UTC...

AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
5N77W 3N90W 1N104W 4N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 60 NM WIDE FROM
85W TO 90W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG 60 NM WIDE FROM 132 TO
137W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS N OF 27N W OF 138W WITH WIDELY
SCATTERED SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH COLD FRONT JUST W OF THE AREA.
OVERCAST MIDDLE AND HIGH CLOUDS FROM 15N TO 21N W OF 135W.
ELSEWHERE N OF 21N OVERCAST LOW STRATUS CLOUDS WITH BROKEN
CIRRUS CLOUDS N OF 15N BETWEEN 120W AND 126W.

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.