Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:37:03 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 222136
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 22 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...07N140W 05N150W 05N160W 03N170W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W.
NEW WIDELY SCATTERED CB B0UNDED BY 07N156W 05N151W 03N162W 05N165W
07N156W...NEW ISOLATED CB WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 05N144W 06N147W AND
BOUNDED BY 05N168W 02N167W 01N170W 05N168W AND WIDELY SCATTERED TCU
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 100NM OF ITCZ HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15KT...INTENSIFIED
AND INCREASED IN AREA.

FRONT 1/SHEARLINE...30N153W 28N158W 27N165W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF
30N AND CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE TO 12N180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180.
SHOWERY OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 60NM OF FRONT AND SHOWERY BROKEN
LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 60NM OF SHEARLINE HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST SLOWLY AND
WEAKENED.

FRONT 2...30N163W 22N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N. OVERCAST
LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 60NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 5KT AND
INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION
ABOVE...FRONT 1 AND FRONT 2.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NIL.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...25S158W 14S165W 13S172W 14S180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 23S151W 18S159W HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST
SLOWLY AND WEAKENED. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 11S166W 08S173W
08S177W HAVE MOVED NORTH SLOWLY AND INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.