Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:22:36 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 170322
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC WED MAR 17 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 17/0000 UTC...
..HIGH PRES RIDGE DOMINATES AREA N OF 10N W OF 105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0300 UTC...

AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N77W 6N110W 5N140W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF 7.2N107W AND 6.7N119W
AND 2N121.2W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 2N TO 5N FROM 125W TO 133W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS SOUTH OF 20N WEST OF
120W.  BROKEN THIN HIGH CLOUDS NORTH OF 20N WEST OF 128W.
BROKEN MIDDLE CLOUDS FROM 8N TO 25N FROM 105W AND 117W.
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS NORTH OF 25N WEST OF 122W.

$$
FORECASTER LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.