Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:36:07 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 221536
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU 22 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 22/1200 UTC...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES AREA N OF 15N.
..RIDGE AXIS STRETCHES SW ALONG 32N128W TO BEYOND 28N140W.
..SECOND RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS SE ALONG 32N128W TO 24N110W NEAR
   THE TIP OF THE BAJA PENINSULA.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/1500 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
5N77W 6N86W 4N101W 7N111W 10N122W 4N134W 4N140W. DISSIPATING
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 80W TO
83W. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE
OF THE AXIS FROM 123W TO 133W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION IS NEAR 32N115W WITH
TROUGH AXIS SW TO 20N130W. SE OF TROUGH...PLUME OF MIDDLE TO
UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE CONTINUES TO ADVECT NE INTO CENTRAL MEXICO
AND TEXAS.

WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 11N121W
15N115W. AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED AREAS OF RAIN AND ISOLATED RAINSHOWERS IS FOUND FROM
15N TO 22N BETWEEN 108W AND 115W.

$$
HOLWEG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.