Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 03:27:52 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 140927
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN MAR 14 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 14/0600 UTC...
..HIGH PRES CENTERED N OF AREA ALONG 130W COVERS FORECAST AREA
S N OF 10N AND W OF 105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0845 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N78W 4N90W
3N100W 4N110W 8N127W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 4N86W TO 4N103W. ISOLATED MODERATE
NEAR 6N78W. MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM OF 5N110W.
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 3N117W TO 7N117W. ISOLATED MODERATE NEAR
9N127W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS COVER THE AREA N OF 14N
AND W OF 112W.

$$
FORECASTER RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.