Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:03:44 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 031800
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 03/01/2004
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 023/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  03/01/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 4 (DARIUS) 990 HPA
POSITION:           24.9S / 58.7E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL SEVEN
DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST 14 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 130 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE,
REACHING LOCALY STORM FORCE WINDS UP TO  60 NM FROM THE CENTER IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 240 NM IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/04 AT 06 UTC:
28.3S / 60.0E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/04 AT 18 UTC:
32.2S / 62.8E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DARIUS IS TRACKING FASTLY IN DIRECTION OF EXTRATROPICAL DOMAIN WITH
THE
TROUGH.
WINDS REACHING LOCALLY STORM FORCE WINDS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR
ARE
DUE TO THE GRADIANT WITH THE RIDGE LOCATED SOUTHEAST OF THE SYSTEM.
DARIUS IS GOING TO SHEAR, PRESENTING A TYPICAL SHEARING BOW I,N THE
NORDWEST OF THE CONVECTION=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.