Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 03:55:33 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 030955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 03 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/UPPER TROUGH...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH
OF 30N...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N155W 29N148W 10N158W 15N163W 25N158W.
FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 5 TO 10 KT.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 09N153W 07N142W 06N140W 03N141W
04N149W 07N154W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT/UPPER TROUGH.  FOR MORE
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 04N180 04N178W EQ174W HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 10 KT IN 12 HOURS...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE HETA NEAR 09.7S 173.7W AT 0600 UTC HAS FREQUENT CB
WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 10S175W 10S172W AND ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL
PERIPHERAL CB/TCU ELSEWHERE THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY
02S178W 05S172W 10S176W 12S178E 03S178E...SEE LATEST BULLETINS FROM
RSMC NADI AND THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURE...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 02S170W 10S167W
09S155W 16S160W 24S155W 24S160W 18S163W 16S173W 10S171W 08S171W HAVE
MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES AND OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 17S150W 19S148W 22S149W 22S152W 20S153W
HAVE MOVED NORTHWEST AT 5 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.
ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 15S130W 20S125W 20S130W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.