Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 05:14:56 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 311100
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/311100Z-311800ZJAN2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/310752ZJAN2004//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/300153ZJAN2004//
REF/C/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/310651ZJAN2004//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS. REF C IS TCFA/
CANCELLATION//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
(1) AT 310600Z0, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 10S (FRANK) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 15.2S8 61.7E4 IN THE SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN, DRIFTING NORTHWARD
AT 02 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE
ESTIMATED AT 115 KNOTS GUSTING TO 140 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW
310900) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
(2) AT 301200Z6, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 11S (LINDA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 12.1S4 95.7E1, APPROXIMATELY 70 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE COCOS
ISLANDS, TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 08 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX
HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45
KNOTS.
SEE REF B (WTXS33 PGTW 301500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE REMNANTS OF TC 09S (ELITA), PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
21.6S9 49.1E4, APPROXIMATELY 45 NM OFF THE EASTERN COASTLINE OF
MADAGASCAR, HAVE MOVED BACK ONSHORE AND IS DISSIPATING OVER LAND.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1002 MB. DUE TO
INTERACTION WITH LAND, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED
TO POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: DOWNGRADED PARA 2.B.(1) FROM GOOD TO
POOR.
4. RELEASED BY: LT WINGEART, USN.
FORECAST TEAM: ARENDS/WINGEART/LAM/ANDERSON//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.