Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 02/02/2004 At 0600

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 00:31:00 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 020600
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 02/02/2004 AT 0600
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 24/7 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: MONDAY    02/02/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 7 (FRANK) 925 HPA
POSITION:           17.2S / 67.1E
(SEVENTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST-SOUTH-EAST 10 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO
250 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN SECTORS AND LOCALLY UP TO 500 NM
IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/95 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
NM RADIUS  OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
SEAS WITHIN 110 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM IN THE
NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH
SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.  AND THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT. STRONG GUSTS UNDER
SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/02 AT 18 UTC:
18.0S / 68.8E, MAX WIND = 80 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/03 AT 06 UTC:
18.9S / 70.5E, MAX WIND = 70 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
FRANK KEEPS ON REGULARLY TRACKING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARDS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.