Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 03:22:21 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 050922
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU FEB 05 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING CHANGING THE
FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED CHANGES AND AN
EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 05/0600 UTC...
..1030 MB HIGH PRES CENTER NEAR 33N132W HAS RIDGE EXTENDING TO
12N100W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 05/0845 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION ALONG 3N78W 5N90W 3N105W
6N112W 7N130W 7N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION NEAR 6N78W
5N112W AND 8N117W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF 13N115W AND WITHIN
30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N118W TO 14N120W TO 13N124W.

BROKEN TO OCCASIONALLY OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS COVER THE AREA N
OF 10N TO 27N AND W OF 110W TO 130W.  N OF 27N AND W OF 130W THE
LOW CLOUDS BECOME SCATTERED OCCASIONAL BROKEN.

$$
FORECASTER RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.