Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/tropical Cyclone Warning//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 02:46:40 -0600

WTPS31 PGTW 290900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY REQ TO AMEMBASSY SUVA
AMEMBASSY SUVA REQ PASS TO USAID OFDA ADVISOR
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 13P (IVY) WARNING NR 014
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHPAC
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   290600Z7 --- NEAR 40.3S7 178.5W1
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 150 DEGREES AT 37 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
   EXTRATROPICAL
   REPEAT POSIT: 40.3S7 178.5W1
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   291800Z0 --- 45.7S6 173.3W4
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   EXTRATROPICAL
    ---
REMARKS:
290900Z0 POSITION NEAR 41.7S2 177.2W7.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 13P (IVY), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 370 NM
EAST-SOUTHEAST OF AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND, HAS TRACKED SOUTH-
EASTWARD AT 37 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING
POSITION IS BASED ON 290530Z9 INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY.
THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY
ESTIMATES OF 30 AND 45 KNOTS. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY
DEPICTS A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL. TC 13P IS WEAKENING
RAPIDLY AND HAS TRANSITIONED INTO AN EXTRATROPICAL SYSTEM. THE
AVAILABLE DYNAMIC AIDS, CONSISTING OF UKMET (EGRR), NOGAPS, AND
NCEP GFS ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT. THIS FORECAST IS BASED ON A
CONSENSUS OF ALL AVAILABLE AIDS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE
HEIGHT AT 290600Z7 IS 28 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN).
THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.