Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 03:51:23 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 060951
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 06 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...THROUGH 27N140W 22N145W CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO
17N154W. FRONT MOVING EAST 10-15 KT. SHEAR LINE STATIONARY. BROKEN
TO OVERCAST LAYERS ALONG FRONT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS ALONG
SHEAR LINE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N170W 25N180 MOVING EAST 20 KT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST
CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS ALONG FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...BROKEN TO OVERCAST TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 06N145W 06N141W
MOVED WEST 15 KT.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE HETA NEAR 20.4S169.4W AT 0830 UTC HAS FREQUENT CB
WITHIN 50 NM OF CENTER. SEE LATEST FQPS01 NFFN BULLETIN FROM NADI
FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CONVERGENCE ZONE...THROUGH 13S166W 10S170W 08S180 MOVING SOUTHEAST
15 KT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS/ISOLATED CB WITHIN 150 NM OF CZ.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS/OCCASIONAL SHOWERS. SEE CONVERGENCE ZONE
UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
WEAK LOW...NEAR 25S133W MOVING SOUTH 10 KT. ISOLATED CB NEAR CENTER
OF LOW REMAIN SPARSE.

WEAK FRONT...THROUGH 21S123W 24S120W MOVING EAST SLOWLY BROKEN
CUMULUS/ISOLATED TCU ALONG FRONT.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.