Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:02:23 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 030000
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 03/02/2004 AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 028/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   03/02/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 6 (ELITA) 976 HPA
POSITION:           20.3S / 44.2E
(TWENTY DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY FOUR DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST-SOUTH-EAST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN30 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN
QUADRANT.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN
QUADRANT.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE WESTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE AND IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/03 AT 12 UTC:
20.9S / 44.9E, OVERLAND.
24H, VALID 2004/02/04 AT 00 UTC:
21.9S / 46.2E, OVERLAND.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
ELITA BEGIN TO MOVE EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AGAIN TOWARDS THE MALAGASY COAST,
AND IT IS GOING TO LAND VERY SOON NEAR MORONDAVA.
STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT WITH
THE WELL ESTABLISHED MONSOON FLOW  IN THE NORTHERN PART OF THE CHANNEL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.