Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:07:41 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 141812
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 14/03/2004
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 044/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    14/03/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SUBTROPICAL DEPRESSION 9 (GAFILO) 1000 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.9S / 58.0E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES  EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST-SOUTH-EAST 14 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 200 NM
IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND  ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS
OF
THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND VERY
ROUGH
SEAS, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/15 AT 06 UTC:
28.5S / 61.0E, MAX WIND = 25 KT, SUBTROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/03/15 AT 18 UTC:
28.7S / 62.8E, MAX WIND = 25 KT, SUBTROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
POTENTIAL FOR INTENSIFICATION IS POOR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.