Subject: Indian-S: Msgid/genadmin/navpacmetoccen Pearl Harbor Hi/jtwc//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 10:54:40 -0600

WTXS22 PGTW 011500 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CORRECTED 011451ZJAN2004//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
145 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 16.5S2 123.9E5 TO 17.9S7
117.0E9 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT
JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS
TIME. WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 25 TO 35 KNOTS. MET
SAT IMAGERY, SYNOPTIC DATA AND RADAR DATA AT 011130Z6 INDICATE
THAT A CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 16.4S1 123.1E7. THE
SYSTEM IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS: LATEST ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
REVEALS A LOW PRESSURE AREA OVER LAND IS MOVING OFF SHORE AND
HAS THE POTENTIAL TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE. RECENT
MICROWAVE IMAGERY SUPPORTS LOCATION OF THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER.
3. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
021500Z8.
4. JUSTIFICATION FOR CORRRECTION: CORRECTED GRAMMAR AND
SPACING ERROR IN RMKS.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.