Subject: Indian-N: Rsmc / Tropical Cyclone Centre / La Reunion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:38:53 -0600

WTIO30 FMEE 030000

 RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
 TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST WARNING (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

 0.A WARNING NUMBER                 : 20/4/20032004
 1.A SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 4  (DARIUS)

 2.A POSITION 2004/01/03 AT 0000 UTC :
 21.3S / 58.0E
 (TWENTY ONE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL ZERO
 DEGREES EAST)

 3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                : 3.5/3.5 /W  0.5/6 H
 4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE               : 985 HPA
 5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN) : 50 KT

 6.A EXTENSION OF WINDS BY QUADRANTS (KM):
 30 KT       NE: 120   SE: 300   SO: 250   NO: 100
 50 KT       NE: 020   SE: 050   SO: 050   NO: 020

 7.A FIRST CLOSED ISOBARE (PRESSURE / AVERAGE DIAM): 1008 HPA / 500 KM
 8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION: MEDIUM

 1.B FORECASTS:
 12H: 2004/01/03 12 UTC: 23.4S/58.0E, MAX WIND=050KT.
 24H: 2004/01/04 00 UTC: 26.1S/58.3E, MAX WIND=040KT.
 36H: 2004/01/04 12 UTC: 30.0S/60.0E, MAX WIND=045KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
 48H: 2004/01/05 00 UTC: 36.2S/63.2E, MAX WIND=045KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
 60H: 2004/01/05 12 UTC: DISSIPATED.

 2.B OTHER INFORMATIONS:
 DARIUS INTENSITY IS FORECAST TO WEAKEN AS THE SYSTEM KEEPS ON TRACKING
 POLEWARD, AND ENTERS AN AREA OF INCREASING VERTICAL WINDSHEAR. LOW LEVEL
 CIRCULATION SHOULD TEMPORARILY BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF THE MID LEVEL
 RIDGE LOCATED IN THE SOUTHEAST. RESIDUAL CIRCULATION SHOULD THEN QUICKLY
 EVACUATE WIT
 H THE NEXT TROUGH IN THE NEXT 36 TO 48 HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.