Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:02:16 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 242200
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 24 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 10N154W 08N151W 06N157W 02N155W
01N164W 07N169W 09N158W HAVE MOVED NORTH TO NORTHWEST AT 5 TO 10 KT
..DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

UPPER TROUGH...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CB/TCU ARE BOUNDED BY 26N151W
22N142W 16N149W 19N156W 23N157W.  FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 5 TO 10 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH.  FOR MORE DETAILS
..SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...1...ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE
AND BOUNDED BY EQ173E 10S177W 11S179W 11S169W 16S170W 16S175W
14S178W 18S174E 11S161E 05S164E 03S172E HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 TO 10
KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

CZ...2...ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 01S154W
03S136W 11S135W 10S153W 08S156W 03S157W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT...
INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH
OF 25S AND BOUNDED BY 15S164W 25S152W 25S157W 18S162W 17S166W HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 10 TO 15 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 19S133W 20S124W 25S130W 23S132W HAVE MOVED EAST AT 5 KT
AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ...1.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND EAST OF 120W AND WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE
03S123W 04S120W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS...INCREASED
IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.  ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 105 NM OF LINE
04S165W 06S162W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT 5 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND
WEAKENED.  NEW ISOLATED CB/TCU ARE BOUNDED BY 18S179W 20S175W
22S179W 19S180.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.