Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:42:58 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 300600
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 30/01/2004 AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 015/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    30/01/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 6 (EX-ELITA) 998 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.1S / 49.1E
(TWENTY ONE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY NINE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          QUASI-STATIONARY

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS, REACHING
LOCALLY 30 KT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/30 AT 18 UTC:
21.0S / 48.7E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/31 AT 06 UTC:
20.2S / 48.4E, OVERLAND.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
NIL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.