Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:33:36 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 130333
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI FEB 13 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING CHANGING THE
FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED CHANGES AND AN
EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 13/0000 UTC...
..A COLD FRONT EXTENDS THROUGH 32N134W 28N136W TO 25N140W. THE
   FRONT IS MOVING E NEAR 20 KT. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW/MID CLOUDS
   WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 150 NM SE OF THE FRONT.
..A 1023 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 31N121W.  HIGH PRESSURE
   COVERS THE AREA N OF 15N W OF 105W...EXCEPT IN VICINITY OF
   THE COLD FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0300 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
3N78W 8N87W 1N95W 2N120W 6N125W 6N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS FROM 88W TO 91W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED TO BROKEN MID/HIGH CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 150 NM EITHER
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 8N123W 15N115W TO 22N106W. THESE CLOUDS
ARE ASSOCIATED WITH A SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM.

$$
BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.