Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:53:01 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 050600
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 05/02/2004 AT 0600
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 036/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  05/02/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL CYCLONE 7 (FRANK) 945 HPA
POSITION:           19.9S / 69.9E
(NINETEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY NINE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST 4 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO
200 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60
NM RADIUS  OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE
NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT
AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 180 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP TO 240 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT. STRONG
GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/05 AT 18 UTC:
20.9S / 70.1E, MAX WIND = 80 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/06 AT 06 UTC:
22.3S / 71.0E, MAX WIND = 70 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
T=4.5+. CI=5.0+.
FRANK SHOULD CURVE SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD AND SLOWLY WEAKEN DURING NEXT DAYS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.