Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 06/02/2004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:49:22 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 061757
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 06/02/2004
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 041/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    06/02/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 992 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.2S / 51.9E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY ONE DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          QUASI-STATIONARY

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER LOCATED IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE,  FROM 100 NM
TO
400 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS AROUND THE
CENTRE, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN
100
NM AND 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE,  AND LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40KT
AND
VERY ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN 100 NM AND 240 NM FROM THE CENTRE, IN THE
SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIR
CLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/07 AT 06 UTC:
26.0S / 51.8E, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/07 AT 18 UTC:
25.9S / 51.5E, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
SEVERAL LOWS EXIST WITHIN THE AREA OF LOW PRESSURE.
STRONGEST WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE,  DUE TO THE  GRADIENT
EFFECT
WITH THE HIGH SUBTROPICAL PRESSURES BUILDING IN THE SOUTHWEST, AND
WITH
THE MONSOON FLOW IN THE NORTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.