Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:42:14 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 120018
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 12/03/2004 AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 006/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    12/03/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10 (HELMA EX-NICKY) 976 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.6S / 87.1E
(NINETEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES
EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 7 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
 GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
  OF THE CENTRE.
  NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM
  RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
  STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

  FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
  12H, VALID 2004/03/12 AT 12 UTC:
  21.0S / 86.3E, MAX WIND = 55 KT.
  24H, VALID 2004/03/13 AT 00 UTC:
  22.4S / 85.6E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.

  OTHER INFORMATIONS:
  THE SYSTEM SHOULD WEAKEN AS IT TRACKS POLEWARD (COOLER SST AND

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.