Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 12:15:27 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 011800
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 01/01/2004
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 15/4 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  01/01/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 4 (DARIUS) 976 HPA
POSITION:           18.0S / 58.4E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL FOUR
DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP TO
 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND LOCALLY UP
TO
300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE., AND
EXTENDING
UP TO 40 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM OF THE CENTRE IN
THE
 SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/02 AT 06 UTC:
19.1S / 58.0E, MAX WIND = 55 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/02 AT 18 UTC:
20.7S / 57.5E, MAX WIND = 55 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
NEANT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.