Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:07:40 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 090017
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 09/02/2004
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 050/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: MONDAY    09/02/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 995 HPA
POSITION:           26.2S / 55.2E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL TWO
DEGREES
EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          QUASI-STATIONARY

THREAT AREAS:
ISOLATED SQUALLS EXTEND UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE
NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE
,  BUT NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
BETWEEN
90 NM AND 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE , EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN
 SEMI-CIRCLE, REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT UP TO 240 NM
FROM THE CEN
TRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/09 AT 12 UTC:
25.8S / 54.9E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/10 AT 00 UTC:
25.5S / 54.3E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION IS NOT WELL DEFINED WITH SEVERAL LOW LEVEL
CENTRES
POSSIBLES.
STRONG WINDS PERSIST FAR FROM THE CENTRE, DUE TO THE ISOBARIC
GRADIENT
WITH THE HIGH SUBTROPICAL PRESSURES, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.