Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:46:59 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 212146
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 21 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 20N170W TO
20N154W TO 26N140W AND FURTHER EAST MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT. NEW
ISOLATED TCU WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE LINE FROM 21N172W TO 20N166W.

ITCZ...NEW WIDELY SCATTERED CB WERE WITHIN 75 NM OF THE LINE FROM
05N152W TO 06N142W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE POINT
05N158W. NEW WIDELY SCATTERED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE
CROSSING THE DATELINE FROM 05N176E TO 04N170W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...NEW WIDELY SCATTERED CB WERE WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
09S171W 18S171W 22S172W 22S176W 16S178W 10S174W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE DISCUSSION OF TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT 24S123W. NEW ISOLATED
CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE POINT 23S127W. SCATTERED CB WITHIN 90 NM
OF THE LINE FROM 17S158W TO 11S159W TO 08S150W REMAINED NEARLY
STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA...AND CHANGED LITTLE IN INTENSITY.
NEW SCATTERED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE LINE FROM 07S171W TO
06S167W.

$$
RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.