Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:34:36 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 062343
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 07/02/2004
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 042/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  07/02/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 992 HPA
POSITION:           25.4S / 52.2E
(TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL TWO
DEGREES
 EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          NORTH 5 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER LOCATED IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE,  FROM 100 NM
TO
400 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS AROUND THE
CENTRE, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN
100
NM AND 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE,  AND LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40KT
AND
VERY ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN 100 NM AND 240 NM FROM THE CENTRE, IN THE
SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIR
CLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/07 AT 12 UTC:
24.3S / 51.8E, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/08 AT 00 UTC:
24.0S / 51.3E, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGEST WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE,  MAINLY IN THE
NORTHWESTERN
AND SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE,  DUE TO THE  GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE HIGH
SUBTROPICAL PRESSURES BUILDING IN THE SOUTHWEST, AND WITH THE MONSOON
FLOW IN THE NORTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.