Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 03:45:12 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 130945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 13 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...05N140W 06N155W 06N165W 09N170W 06N175W 10N180. NEW ISOLATED
CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 05N176W 05N178W. WIDELY SCATTERED
TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90NM OF ITCZ.

FRONT 1...26N140W 21N150W 18N162W 19N172W AND EXTENDING EAST OF
140W. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 40NM
OF FRONT NORTHEAST OF 23N146W HAVE MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 25KT AND
WEAKENED. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM OF LINE 23N146W
18N162W 19N172W HAVE MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 8KT AND WEAKENED.

FRONT 2...30N141W 25N145W. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 25NM
OF FRONT.

FRONT 3...30N173W 25N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF 180.
SCATTERED TCU AND OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM OF FRONT
NORTHEAST OF 27N177W AND WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND OVERCAST LOW AND
MIDDLE CLOUDS WITHIN 30NM OF FRONT SOUTHWEST OF 27N177W HAVE MOVED
SOUTHEAST AT 35KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...FRONT
1. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT 1 AND FRONT 3.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS. SEE SEE OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...FRONT 1.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...27S120W 25S130W 25S133W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 120W. ISOLATED
CB WITHIN 150NM NORTHEAST OF FRONT AND OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 250NM NORTHEAST OF FRONT HAVE REMAINED NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

LOW...18S140W. NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

CONVERGENCE ZONE...CZ...14S133W 10S140W 11S148W 09S153W 09S166W.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 125NM OF CZ HAVE MOVED NORTH SLOWLY AND INCREASED
IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS AND BROKEN HIGH
CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.