Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:52:58 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 112145
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 11 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...06N140W 07N170W 07N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W AND WEST OF
180. ISOLATED CB...SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN
60NM OF ITCZ HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND INTENSIFIED.

FRONT 1...28N140W 21N149W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W. ISOLATED TCU
WITHIN 20NM OF FRONT EAST OF 145W AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 50NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED EAST AT 15KT WITH LITTLE
CHANGE.

FRONT 2...30N154W 23N165W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF
180. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW WITHIN 75NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED EAST
SOUTHEAST AT 30KT AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...FRONT 1
AND FRONT 2.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS
SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND
AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...FRONT 2.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NIL.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
AREA OF WIDELY ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 11S162W 17S168W 12S167W
11S162W HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN SIZE.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100NM OF LINE 24S171W 23S175W 19S180 AND
EXTENDING NORTHWEST HAVE MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 10KT AND WEAKENED.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.