Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:28:21 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 172128
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT 17 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML. THE EVALUATION PERIOD WILL
END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE ENCOURAGE YOUR
COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK TO A FEEDBACK
FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE. YOUR FEEDBACK
WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF MODIFICATIONS ARE
NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 17/1800 UTC...
..HIGH PRES CENTER NEAR 32N136W 1022 MB WITH SECOND HIGH PRES
   25N131W 1022 MB.  RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM 25N131W HIGH SE TO
   17N108W.
..TROUGH EXTENDS BETWEEN THE TWO HIGH CENTERS...ENTERING AREA AT
   32N129W AND CONTINUING SW TO 24N139W MOVING E 10 KT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 17/2100 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS 4N77W 6N95W 6N113W 4N120W
3N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 95W AND
97W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION EXTENDS ALONG EITHER SIDE OF
TROUGH FROM 26N TO 28N BETWEEN 134W AND 138W.

BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS OR
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N100W 16N98W.

SMALL AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED
SHOWERS FROM 12N TO 14.5N BETWEEN 92W AND 94W.

$$
MOLLEDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.