Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 03:55:28 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 050955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 05 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 06N165W 07N175W MOVED EAST
SLOWLY WITH FLUCTUATIONS IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/FRONT/SHEAR LINE...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF
LINE 17N170W 19N167W 22N167W MOVED EAST-NORTHEAST AT 10 KT...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/FRONT/SHEAR LINE IN
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/FRONT/SHEAR LINE IN
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...SCATTERED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 13S162W 16S160W
MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 13S171W 11S164W WERE NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED TO
WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16S159W 23S156W MOVED EAST
AT ABOUT 05 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY...BUT A DECREASE IN
COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SECOND CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.