Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:11:51 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 172112
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 17 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...

ITCZ...03N140W 04N144W 01N153W 02N162W 06N165W AND EXTENDING EAST
OF 140W. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND SHOWERY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN
80 NM OF ITCZ.

FRONT...30N166W 25N170W 23N176W 21N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N
AND WEST OF DATELINE. ISOLATED CB AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN
40NM OF FRONT NORTH OF 24N AND WIDELY SCATTERED TCU WITHIN 30NM OF
FRONT SOUTH OF 24N HAVE MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 15 KT AND
INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH 1...25S122W 22S125W 14S145W AND EXTENDING SOUTH OF
25S. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 23S120W 17S130W 12S139W HAVE
MOVED NORTHEAST SLOWLY AND INCREASED IN AREA.

SURFACE TROUGH 2...15S165W 11S175W 10S180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180.
AREA OF ISOLATED CB PARTLY BOUNDED BY 09S180 09S170W 16S168W 09S180
HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SOUTH PACIFIC OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE TROUGH
2...FOR CONVECTION MAINLY NORTH OF SAMOA.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 10S145W 07S155W AND
BOUNDED BY 08S164W 07S158W 12S159W 08S164W.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.