Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 03:55:34 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 100955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 10 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
LOW...NEAR 25N154W MOVING SOUTHWEST 12 KT AND WEAKENING. ISOLATED
CB WITHIN 25 NM OF LINE 28N147W 23N147W MOVED SOUTHWEST SLOWLY AND
DECREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

CONVERGENCE ZONE...THROUGH 24N142W 17N143W 13N147W 07N156W NEARLY
STATIONARY. ISOLATED CB ALONG CZ DIMINISHED. OVERCAST CIRRUS ALONG
CZ NORTH OF 09N.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N178W 28N175E DRIFTING VERY SLOWLY SOUTHWARD.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS ALONG FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 06N171W 04N180 MOVED WEST 10
KT AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...THROUGH 25S174W 19S180 DRIFTED WEST SLOWLY. ISOLATED CB
ALONG TROUGH INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
SPARSE ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 09S154W 07S163W ARE NEARLY
STATIONARY AND CHANGED LITTLE IN INTENSITY OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.

TROUGH...THROUGH 25S140W 22S145W MOVING EAST 10 KT. OVERCAST LAYERS
ALONG TROUGH.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.