Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 07:52:19 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 071212
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 07/03/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 022/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    07/03/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        OVERLAND DEPRESSION 9 (EX-GAFILO)
POSITION:           15.9S / 47.8E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY SEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
 EAST) AT 1200 UTC
 MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 13 KT

 THREAT AREAS:
 SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP
 TO 200 NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND UP TO 400 NM FROM THE
CENTRE
THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS EXTEND UP TO 150 NM FROM THE
CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 200 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE,
MAINLY IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/08 AT 00 UTC:
17.5S / 45.4E, OVERLAND.
24H, VALID 2004/03/08 AT 12 UTC:
19.6S / 44.0E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
CONVECTIVES CLOUDS REMAIN VERY ACTIVES,  MAINLY OVER THE MOZAMBICAL
CHANEL, DU TO CONFLUENCE WITH THE MONSOON FLOW WELL ESTABLISHED ON THE
NORTH OF THE CHANEL.
GALE TO NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS  EXIST OVER THE SEA FAR FROM THE CENTRE.
THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO TRACK MORE SOUTHWESTWARDS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.