Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:49:43 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 282150
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 28 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONTAL BAND...OVERCAST MULTILAYERS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS/TCU
WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 30N158W 27N166W 30N174W MOVING EAST 25 KT.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CBS WITHIN 50 NM OF LINE 07N148W 07N160W MOVING
WEST 10 KT. INCREASING.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.
FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND
AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONTAL BAND OF OVERCAST MULTILAYERS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS/TCU.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...OCCASIONAL CBS WITHIN 200 NM OF LINE 25S149W 13S156W AND
ISOLATED CBS WITHIN 13S156W 07S179W STATIONARY. NO CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.