Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:35:46 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 180336
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SUN 18 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML. THE EVALUATION PERIOD WILL
END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE ENCOURAGE YOUR
COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK TO A FEEDBACK
FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE. YOUR FEEDBACK
WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF MODIFICATIONS ARE
NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 18/0000 UTC...
..WEAK HIGH PRES CENTER NEAR 27N130W 1021 MB WITH SECOND HIGH
   JUST W OF AREA NEAR 32N141W 1022 MB.  RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM
   HIGH 27N130W SE TO 18N108W.
..TROUGH EXTENDS BETWEEN THE TWO HIGH CENTERS...ENTERING AREA AT
   32N130W AND CONTINUING SW TO 25N140W MOVING E 10-15 KT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/0300 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS 3N77W 6N95W 6N111W 4N125W 2N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 93W
AND 97W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION EXTENDS ALONG AND E OF TROUGH FROM
26N TO 28N BETWEEN 133W AND 137W.

BROKEN/LOCALLY OVERCAST LOW LEVEL STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS COVER
MOST OF AREA N OF 15N BETWEEN 115W AND 130W.

$$
MOLLEDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.