Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 03:45:43 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 060945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 06 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...05N140W 01N163W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W. NEW ISOLATED CB
HAVE FORMED WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 04N143W 04N146W. SCATTERED TCU AND
BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60NM OF ITCZ EAST OF 147W
HAVE MOVED WEST AT 20KT AND INTENSIFIED. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 60NM OF ITCZ WEST OF 147W HAVE MOVED WEST
AT 15KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

FRONT...30N150W 27N154W 25N159W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N. OVERCAST
LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 45NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 10KT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS AND BROKEN
HIGHT CLOUDS. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS
SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND
AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 13N176W 11N178W
11N180.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
LOW/TROUGH 1...LOW 22S158W WITH TROUGH FROM LOW THROUGH 18S165W.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50NM OF LINE 22S155W 16S160W 18S165W HAVE MOVED
SOUTHEAST AT 10KT AND WEAKENED.

LOW/TROUGH 2...LOW 18S178W WITH TROUGH 16S180 THROUGH LOW TO
25S169W. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 19S175W
21S172W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 09S176W 12S173W 09S170W 14S169W
13S177W 09S176W HAS MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 12KT AND WEAKENED.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.