Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 02/01/2004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 12:34:30 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 021800
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 02/01/2004
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 019/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    02/01/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 4 (DARIUS) 980 HPA
POSITION:           20.3S / 58.0E
(TWENTY DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES
 EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH 9 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP TO
 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, AND UP TO 300 NM IN
THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE., EXTENDING UP
TO 30
 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/03 AT 06 UTC:
22.5S / 57.1E, MAX WIND = 55 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/03 AT 18 UTC:
24.3S / 57.3E, MAX WIND = 45 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DARIUS TRACKS BY NOW AT ITS CLOSEST POINT OF MAURITIUS ISLAND, AT
ABOUT
20 NM OF THE EASTERN COASTS. TRACK REMAINS GANERALLY SOUTHWARDS. AS
DARIUS KEEPS ON TRACKING POLEWARD, CONDITIONS BECOME UNFAVORABLE, AND
THE
 SYSTEM WILL QUICKLY LOOSE INTENSITY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.