Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:54:42 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 242155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 24 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH...ALONG LINE 30N154W 23N155W 20N155W MOVING EAST
10-15 KT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS/ISOLATED CB WITHIN 175 NM OF
LINE 30N151W 11N150W CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 04N176W 04N180 MOVED WEST
SLOWLY AND DIMINISHED SLIGHTLY IN COVERAGE WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SPARSE ISOLATED CB WITHIN 100 NM OF 19N157W DIMINISHED
SIGNIFICANTLY. FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS
SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND
AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N171W 24N180 MOVING EAST 25 KT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST
STRATOCUMULUS/CUMULUS ALONG FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
LOW...NEAR 19S146W MOVING WEST 5 KT WITH ACCOMPANYING TROUGH ALONG
19S143W 10S152W 08S156W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50 NM OF TROUGH CHANGED
LITTLE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

WEAK TROUGH...THROUGH 23S144W 25S137W MOVED SOUTH SLOWLY. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LAYERS/ISOLATED CB ALONG TROUGH EAST OF 140W INCREASED IN
COVERAGE BUT CHANGED LITTLE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...THROUGH 25S163W 20S170W 16S180 STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.
ISOLATED CB ALONG FRONT WEST OF 168W DIMINISHED. CB ALONG FRONT
EAST OF 168W DISSIPATED. SCATTERED TO BROKEN CUMULUS ALONG ENTIRE
FRONT HAVE ALSO DIMINISHED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SCATTERED TO BROKEN CUMULUS. SPARSE ISOLATED TCU/CB IN THE VICINITY
HAVE DIMINISHED.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.