Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 16:04:12 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 012203
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 1 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
WEAK LOW...CENTERED NEAR 21N159W WITH TROUGHS FROM LOW CENTER
THROUGH 30N157W AND 14N162W HAS SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 90 NM OF
TROUGHS THAT HAVE INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY .

WEAKENING FRONT/SHEAR LINE...THAT EXTENDS NORTH OF 30N...HAS BROKEN
LOW CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE THROUGH 30N160W
23N164W 15N180 THAT HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST 15-20 KT AND DECREASED IN
AREA AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE DISCUSSION OF WEAK LOW IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION
ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DISCUSSION OF WEAKENING FRONT/SHEAR LINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE DISCUSSION OF WEAKENING FRONT/SHEAR LINE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 140W...WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT
03N140W...HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST 15 KT AND DECREASED IN BOTH AREA AND
INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 05N180 04N170W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SHEAR LINE...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE THROUGH 25S144W
20S152W 16S172W THAT HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST SLOWLY AND INCREASED IN
AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

TROUGH...THROUGH 10S180 08S170W 10S160W 16S150W 25S142W HAS
SCATTERED CB WITHIN 400 NM NORTH AND EAST OF TROUGH THAT HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN BOTH AREA AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE DISCUSSION OF SHEAR LINE IN CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
SURFACE TROUGH...NUMEROUS CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE DATE LINE...
WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY EQ178E 03S171W 11S180 12S169E 03S173E EQ178E
HAVE MOVED LITTLE...AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY. WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 16S134W
21S130W 25S132W 20S138W 16S134W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.