Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:17:24 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 121723
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 12/03/2004
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 009/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    12/03/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 10 (HELMA) 990 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 20.1S / 85.6E
(TWENTY DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY FIVE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 5 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 20 NM AND 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN
THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/13 AT 06 UTC:
21.0S / 85.5E, MAX WIND = 35 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/13 AT 18 UTC:
22.5S / 85.0E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
HELMA IS STRONGLY SHEARED AND SHOULD QUICKLY WEAKEN.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.