Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:55:40 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 022155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 2 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE
WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N159W 18N158W 30N151W. FEATURE HAS BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE THROUGH 01N174W 05N167W
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.
NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB/TCU ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE THROUGH
04N147W 05N141W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE TROUGH. FOR MORE DETAILS...
SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/TROUGH...WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 12S143W
20S132W 25S133W 25S139W 22S142W 24S152W 18S160W 18S179W 15S179W
12S143W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND
INTENSITY.

TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 01S176W 12S155W 13S164W
05S180 02S179W 01S176W HAVE DRIFTED SOUTHWEST SLOWLY WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE FRONT/TROUGH IN CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 04S131W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.