Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 03/02/2004 At 1800

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:16:20 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 031800
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 03/02/2004 AT 1800
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 030/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   03/02/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL CYCLONE 7 (FRANK) 945 HPA
POSITION:           17.8S / 70.8E
(SEVENTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          STATIONARY 0 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO
200 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 10 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS  OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE
NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH
SEAS WITHIN 180 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/04 AT 06 UTC:
18.1S / 71.0E, MAX WIND = 85 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/04 AT 18 UTC:
18.7S / 71.5E, MAX WIND = 75 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
FRANK HAS REINTENSIFIED OVER THE LAST HOURS AND HAS REMAINED SATIONARY OVER
THE LAST 6 HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.