Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion...corrected

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:47:50 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 151148 AAA
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...CORRECTED
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 15 2004

CORRECTED ISSUANCE TIME ABOVE

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
ISOLATED SHOWERS...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...WITHIN 50 NM OF LINE
30N147W 23N152W HAVE MOVED EAST 30 KT AND DECREASED IN BOTH AREA AND
INTENSITY.

ITCZ...NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB/TCU ARE WITHIN 45 NM OF POINT
07N149W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN BROAD AREA BOUNDED BY
06S160W 07S150W 16S130W 23S120W 25S128W 20S136W 11S146W 10S167E
06S160W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.