Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:29:07 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 252129
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN 25 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 25/1800 UTC...
..HIGH PRES RIDGE EXTENDS SE ACROSS THE REGION FROM 32N130W
   TO 21N110W. HIGH PRES COVERS THE REGION N OF 12N W OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/2115 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N78W 3N90W 5N105W 6N118W 9N123W 7N133W 6N140W. SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS W OF 133W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE NOTED N OF 16N W OF
130W. SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 120 NM EITHER
SIDE OF LINE 10N122W 13N114W TO 18N104W.  THESE CLOUDS ARE
ASSOCIATED WITH A SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM.

$$
BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.