Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:56:00 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 100634

SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 10/03/2004 AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 033/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING:
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 10/03/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON: OVERLAND DEPRESSION 9 (EX-GAFILO) 987 HPA
POSITION  : WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.5S / 45.0E (TWENTY TWO
            DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY FIVE DECIMAL ZERO
            DEGREES  EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT  : SOUTH-EAST 10 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 550 NM FROM THE CENTRE EXCEPTED IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
QUADRANT.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND HIGH SEAS ON WESTERN MALAGASY COAST,
BETWEEN 20 AND 23S AND ON THE EASTERN COAST BETWEEN 20 AND 24S.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS IN THE
MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL AND NEAR THE SOUTH OF MADAGASCAR UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
CENTRE.  STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/10 AT 18 UTC:
23.0S / 45.9E, OVERLAND.
24H, VALID 2004/03/11 AT 06 UTC:
23.4S / 46.5E, OVERLAND.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE GRADIENT IS WEAK NEAR THE CENTRE, BUT STRONG WOINDS STILL EXIST OVER
SEA, SPECIALLY UNDER SQUALLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.