Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 07/02/2004 At 0600

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 02:09:11 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 070627
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 07/02/2004 AT 0600
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 043/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  07/02/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 992 HPA
POSITION:           25.1S / 51.8E
(TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY ONE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST 3 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTEND IN THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE,  FROM 100 NM TO 600
NM FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE ,
REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN 100 NM AND 300
NM FROM THE CENTRE,  AND LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH
SEAS BETWEEN 100 NM AND 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN S
EMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/07 AT 18 UTC:
24.8S / 52.1E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/08 AT 06 UTC:
24.6S / 52.8E, MAX WIND = 35 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGEST WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE,  MAINLY IN THE WESTERN AND
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLES,  DUE TO THE  GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE HIGH
SUBTROPICAL PRESSURES BUILDING IN THE SOUTHWEST, AND WITH THE MONSOON FLOW
IN THE NORTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.