Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Warning (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 00:06:20 -0600

WTIO30 FMEE 060600
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST WARNING (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

0.A WARNING NUMBER                 : 39/7/20032004
1.A SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 7  (FRANK)

2.A POSITION 2004/02/06 AT 0600 UTC :
22.3S / 73.2E
(TWENTY TWO DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY THREE DECIMAL TWO
DEGREES EAST)

3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                : 2.0/3.5 /W  1.5/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE               : 985 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN) : 50 KT

6.A EXTENSION OF WINDS BY QUADRANTS (KM):
30 KT       NE: 450   SE: 200   SO: 100   NO: 400
50 KT       NE: 120   SE: 040   SO: 030   NO: 150

7.A FIRST CLOSED ISOBARE (PRESSURE / AVERAGE DIAM): 1000 HPA / 700 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION: MEDIUM

1.B FORECASTS:
12H: 2004/02/06 18 UTC: 23.2S/74.9E, MAX WIND=040KT , BECOMING
EXTRATROPICAL.
24H: 2004/02/07 06 UTC: 24.4S/76.4E, MAX WIND=040KT , BECOMING
EXTRATROPICAL.
36H: 2004/02/07 18 UTC: 25.6S/78.2E, MAX WIND=040KT , EXTRATROPICAL.
48H: 2004/02/08 06 UTC: 26.8S/79.6E, MAX WIND=040KT , EXTRATROPICAL.
60H: 2004/02/08 18 UTC: 28.0S/81.0E, MAX WIND=040KT , EXTRATROPICAL.
72H: 2004/02/09 06 UTC: 30.0S/82.5E, MAX WIND=040KT , EXTRATROPICAL.

2.B OTHER INFORMATIONS:
T=2.0 ET CI=3.5
THE SYSTEM IS STRONGLY SOUTHEASTERLY SHEARED, IN EXTRATROPICAL
TRANSITION
.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.