Subject: Indian-N: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:12:14 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 240600
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 24/01/2004
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 006/05 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  24/01/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        ZONE OF DISTURBED WEATHER 5
POSITION:          UNDETERMINED AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:

THREAT AREAS:
A BROAD AREA OF DISTURBED WEATHER EXTENDS BETWEEN 7S AND 18S, FROM
37E A
55E.
CONVECTION IS FLUCTUATING, BUT IS MODERATE TO VERY ACTIVE, WITH DEEP
CONVECTIVE CLUSTERS, MAINLY OVER THE NORTHERN PART OF MOZAMBIQUE
CHANNEL
(FROM AFRICANS COASTS TO MAYOTTE).
WITH A MORE ACTIVE CLUSTER CLOSER IN THE SOUTH OF COMORES ISLANDS AND
MAYOTTE, A SECOND ONE AXIS 17S/43E, 13S/40E.

BROAD LOW LEVEL CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KTS, REACHING LOCALLY
25/30
KNOTS IN THE NORTHERN PART.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/24 AT 18 UTC:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.