Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 03:39:10 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 030939
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT 03 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 03/0600 UTC...
..COLD FRONT ENTERS THE AREA ALONG 32N118W THROUGH 30N124W TO
   29N132W.
..TROUGH ANALYZED ALONG 8N120W 17N116W.
..WEAK RIDGE EXTENDS ALONG 32N137W 26N130W 23N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/0915 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N77W 7N96W 8N108W 9N113W 5N128W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 107W TO
109W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM
112W TO 118W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF 12N112W.

BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW TO MIDDLE LEVEL CLOUDS ARE FOUND WITHIN
180 NM EITHER SIDE OF COLD FRONT.

BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED
SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH A MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 20N117W
ARE FOUND N OF 11N BETWEEN 107W AND 114W.

$$
FORECASTER HOLWEG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.