Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 03:46:40 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 050946
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 05 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT/CONVERGENCE ZONE...FRONT 30N143W 21N150W 18N155W EXTENDING
NORTH OF 30N AND CONTINUING AS CONVERGENCE ZONE 13N165W 10N180.
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 120NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED EAST
SOUTHEAST AT 5KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN AREA. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 80NM OF SHEARLINE HAVE REMAINED NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

ITCZ...06N140W 07N150W 11N160W 07N175W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN
60NM OF POINT 07N175W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND DECREASED
IN AREA. ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN
120NM OF ITCZ.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE FRONT/CONVERGENCE ZONE IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR
MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. ISOLATED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE HETA NEAR 15.3S 173.2W AT 0852 UTC HAS NUMEROUS CB
WITHIN 75 NM OF CENTER AND WIDELY SCATTERED CB ELSEWHERE BOUNDED BY
09S177W 11S172W 16S172W 16S175W 12S180...SEE OFFICIAL TROPICAL
CYCLONES FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...25S123W 20S130W AND EXTENDING SOUTH OF 25S. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 25NM OF LINE 25S120W 24S124W 23S128W HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST
SLOWLY AND WEAKENED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE TROPICAL HETA UNDER TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 10S166W 19S157W 18S172W HAS REMAINED
NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE. WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN
75NM OF LINE 07S171W 04S180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180 HAVE MOVED
WEST AT 10KT AND INTENSIFIED.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.