Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 04/03/2004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 00:11:53 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 040613
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 04/03/2004
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 009/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  04/03/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 9 (GAFILO) 980 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.2S / 59.8E
(TWELVE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL EIGHT
DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE WESTERN AND NORTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLES.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50 /55KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30NM RADIUS FROM
THE
 CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 100
NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
QUADRANT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.