Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 03:55:17 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 010955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 01 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN50 NM OF LINE 07N171W 05N177W REMAIN WEAK
AND SPARSE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS/ISOLATED SHOWERS. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
LOW...NEAR 23N163W MOVING NORTH 5 KT. BROKEN LAYERS WITHIN 120 NM
MAINLY NORTH AND EAST OF LOW. ASSOCIATED TROUGH ALONG LINE 24N162W
20N161W 17N164W. BROKEN CUMULUS ALONG TROUGH.

WEAK LOW...NEAR 29N176W MOVING SOUTHEAST 5-10 KT. ASSOCIATED TROUGH
ALONG LINE 30N174W 23N180. BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS ALONG TROUGH.
ISOLATED CB FORMING ALONG TROUGH NORTH OF 27N REMAIN WEAK AND SPARSE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 03F NEAR 09S175W MOVING NORTHEAST 12 KT AT
01/0600 UTC. SEE WTPS11 NFFN AND WTPS31 PGTW BULLETINS FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
WEAK TROUGH...ALONG LINE 20S156W 10S160W TO TROPICAL DEPRESSION 03F
NEARLY STATIONARY. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS/ISOLATED CB ALONG
TROUGH.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
CURRENTLY NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. SEE TROPICAL DEPRESSION
03F ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
TROUGH...THROUGH 25S125W 22S130W CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO
21S140W 25S149W. ISOLATED CB ALONG TROUGH. BROKEN TO OVERCAST
STRATOCUMULUS/CUMULUS ALONG SHEAR LINE.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.