Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:02:59 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 302203
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 30 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/COLD FRONT...OVERCAST LAYERS WITH ISOLATED
EMBEDDED TCU/CB...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...FROM 28N TO 30N BETWEEN
159W AND 172W HAVE MOVED EAST 25 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA AND
INTENSITY.

ITCZ...NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB ARE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 04N180
04N168W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/COLD FRONT IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NONE.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN BROAD AREA BOUNDED BY
08S155W 17S145W 23S152W 21S164W 08S155W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY
AND WEAKENED WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NUMEROUS CB...THAT EXTEND EAST OF 180...WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
05S170E 05S176W 11S175W 13S174E 05S170E HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN AREA.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.