Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:11:07 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 062211
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 06 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
DISSIPATING FRONT AND SHEAR LINE HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST
CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS WITHIN 100 NM OF LINE 25N140W 18N154W THAT
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SURFACE TROUGH...HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS WITHIN
90 NM OF LINE 30N162W 27N170W 26N180 THAT HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST 10 KT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 10N170W 05N164W.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE HETA NEAR 24.0S 166.4W AT 2100 UTC HAS NUMEROUS CB
WITHIN 75 NM OF CENTER AND WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN 400 NM OF
CENTER. SEE LATEST WTPS11 NFFN BULLETIN FROM NADI FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
MONSOON TROUGH...HAS SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF
THE DATE LINE...WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY EQ170E 05S180 08S173W 13S174W
07S173E 08S160E EQ162E EQ170E...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND
INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

CONVERGENCE ZONE...HAS WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
07S166W 10S159W 18S164W 12S172W 07S166W.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE MONSOON TROUGH AND CONVERGENCE ZONE UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE
24S133W 24S126W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.