Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:46:23 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 162146
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 16 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH/SURFACE FRONT...NEW WIDELY SCATTERED CB/TCU WITHIN 60
NM OF LINE 29N175W 27N180 HAVE MOVED EAST NORTHEAST 25 KT OVER LAST
6 HOURS.

ITCZ...WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 05N155W 06N160W HAVE
MOVED WEST 15 KT...INTENSIFIED...AND INCREASED IN AREA.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH/SURFACE FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH 1...SCATTERED CB THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND WERE
BOUNDED BY 04S178E 09S167W 14S167W 09S175E 04S178E HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED...AND INCREASED IN AREA.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH 2...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 08S162W
09S158W 07S153W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY. ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED CB
WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 11S144W 17S132W 23S125W 25S124W HAVE BEEN
NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ/SURFACE TROUGH 1...FOR
CONVECTION MAINLY NORTH OF SAMOA.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.