Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 04:17:46 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 080955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 08 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0800 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
!NONE

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 05N165W WERE NEARLY
STATIONARY AND WEAKENED.

UPPER LEVEL LOW...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 09N178W 07N175W 01N179W
MOVED WEST-NORTHWEST AT 10 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

COLD FRONT...NEW ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 24N153W 30N149W
33N147W MOVED EAST AT 20 KT DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE LOW...ISOLATED CB...WHICH CROSSED THE DATELINE...WERE WITHIN
60 NM OF LINE 24S178W 27S180 28S179W AND MOVED WEST AT 05 KT WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY...BUT A SLIGHT DECREASE IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE TROUGH/CZ...WIDELY SCATTERED CB...WHICH CROSSED THE
DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 21S173W 13S179W 12S179E AND
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

SURFACE FRONT/TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 22S130W
26S117W MOVED NORTH-NORTHEAST SLOWLY...WEAKENED AND

****ERROR: INCOMPLETE DATA

D 50S. CHANCE OF
RAIN 50 PERCENT.

$$

OKZ074-082230-
HASKELL-
INCLUDING THE CITY OF...STIGLER
430 AM CST MON MAR 08 2004

.TODAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 70. WEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH
BECOMING SOUTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 40S. WEST WINDS 5 TO 10
MPH SHIFTING TO THE NORTHWEST AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.TUESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. NORTH WINDS 10 TO
15 MPH.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 30S. NORTH WINDS
AROUND 5 MPH SHIFTING TO THE EAST AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.WEDNESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S. SOUTH WINDS 5 TO
15 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN
SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.
.FRIDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. NOT AS COLD. LOWS AROUND 50. CHANCE OF RAIN 20
PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS
AROUND 60. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS AROUND 40. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
THEN PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S. CHANCE OF
RAIN 50 PERCENT.

$$

OKZ059-082230-
PAWNEE-
INCLUDING THE CITY OF...PAWNEE
430 AM CST MON MAR 08 2004

.TODAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 70. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.
.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS AROUND 40. NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10
MPH.
.TUESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS AROUND 60. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. SOUTHEAST
WINDS AROUND 5 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. SOUTH WINDS 5 TO
15 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN
SHOWERS THEN PARTLY CLOUDY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S.
CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 30S.
.FRIDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS AROUND 60.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 50S. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE MID 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS IN THE MORNING. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S. CHANCE OF RAIN
20 PERCENT.

$$

OKZ075-082230-
LATIMER-
INCLUDING THE CITY OF...WILBURTON
430 AM CST MON MAR 08 2004

.TODAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 70. SOUTHWEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH
INCREASING TO 10 TO 15 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 40S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5
TO 10 MPH SHIFTING TO THE NORTHWEST AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.TUESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. NORTH WINDS 10 TO
15 MPH.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. NORTH WINDS
AROUND 5 MPH SHIFTING TO THE EAST AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.WEDNESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S. SOUTH WINDS 5 TO
15 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN
SHOWERS. LOWS AROUND 40. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 30S.
.FRIDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS AROUND 60.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS AROUND 50. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS
AROUND 60. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
THEN PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S. CHANCE OF
RAIN 50 PERCENT.

$$

OKZ076-082230-
LE FLORE-
INCLUDING THE CITY OF...POTEAU
430 AM CST MON MAR 08 2004

.TODAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 70. WEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH
BECOMING SOUTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 40S. WEST WINDS 5 TO 10
MPH.
.TUESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. NORTH WINDS 10 TO
15 MPH.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 30S. NORTH WINDS
AROUND 5 MPH SHIFTING TO THE EAST AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.WEDNESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. SOUTH WINDS 5 TO
10 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
LOWS AROUND 40. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.
.FRIDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. NOT AS COLD. LOWS AROUND 50. CHANCE OF RAIN 20
PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS
AROUND 60. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.
LOWS AROUND 40. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
THEN PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S. CHANCE OF
RAIN 50 PERCENT.

$$

OKZ061-082230-
ROGERS-
INCLUDING THE CITY OF...CLAREMORE
430 AM CST MON MAR 08 2004

.TODAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 60S. SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5
MPH SHIFTING TO THE SOUTHWEST 5 TO 15 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS AROUND 40. WEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH
SHIFTING TO THE NORTH AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.TUESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS AROUND 60. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 30S. NORTHEAST WINDS
AROUND 5 MPH SHIFTING TO THE SOUTHEAST AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.WEDNESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. SOUTH WINDS 5 TO
15 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN
SHOWERS THEN PARTLY CLOUDY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S.
CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.
.FRIDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS AROUND 60.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 50S. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN
THE MORNING. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.