Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 03:59:40 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 270959
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT MAR 27 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 27/0600 UTC...
..RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS INTO THE REGION ALONG 30N129W 27N121W TO
20N111W. HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE AREA N OF 13N W OF ABOUT 107W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/0845 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG AXIS
2N78W  3N90W  1N100W  4N110W  2N120W  2N140W. SCATTERED STRONG
WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 89W AND 91W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO SCATTERED MID TO HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A
JET STREAM ARE PRESENT N OF 16N W OF 137W...AND WITHIN 180 NM OF
LINE 20N137W 18N126W TO 18N121W 19N118W 24N112W. SCATTERED TO
BROKEN MID TO HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A MID TO UPPER
LEVEL LOW NEAR 16N108W ARE NOTED FROM 14N TO 19N BETWEEN 100W
AND 108W.

$$
FORECASTER AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.