Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 03:16:35 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 180916
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED FEB 18 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 18/0600 UTC...
..WEAKENING COLD FRONT 32N125W TO 21N140W IS MOVING EAST 15 KT.
..A WEAK RIDGE N OF 20N E OF FRONT...

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED 2N78W 4N95W
2N115W 4N130W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60-90 NM OF AXIS
BETWEEN 128W AND 137W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 101W
AND 104W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF 4N95W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS 120-180 NM WIDE ALONG FRONT AND IN
ADDITION BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH WIDELY
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. BROKEN
TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ELSEWHERE N OF 20N FROM 115W TO 130W.

$$
FORECASTER COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.