Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 04/01/2004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 18:28:17 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 040000
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 04/01/2004
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 024/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    04/01/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 4 (DARIUS) 991 HPA
POSITION:           26.2S / 59.3E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST 14 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND UP TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 210 NM IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/04 AT 12 UTC:
30.2S / 61.4E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/05 AT 00 UTC:
34.1S / 63.7E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DARIUS IS TRACKING FASTLY IN DIRECTION OF EXTRATROPICAL DOMAIN WITH
THE
TROUGH.
STRONGEST WINDS LOCATED IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE ARE DUE TO
THE
GRADIANT WITH THE RIDGE LOCATED SOUTHEAST OF THE SYSTEM.
DARIUS IS GOING TO SHEAR, PRESENTING A TYPICAL SHEARING BOW I,N THE
NORDWEST OF THE CONVECTION=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.