Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:27:38 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 170327
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE FEB 17 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 17/0000 UTC...
..A 1025 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 30N120W WITH RIDGE N OF 17N
FROM 110W TO 132W.
..COLD FRONT 30N134W 24N140W IS MOVING ESE AT 20 KT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0300 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED 2N78W 2N115W
6N120W 7N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF 2N109W AND 7N127.3W AND
7.6N138W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS E OF COLD FRONT NW OF
LINE 30N127W TO 23N140W.  SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG FRONT N OF
26N.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ARE N OF 22N FROM 113W TO
130W.

$$
FORECASTER LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.