Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:34:30 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 101802
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 10/02/2004 AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 57/6 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   10/02/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 1000 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.5S / 57.5E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL FIVE
DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          NORTH-WEST 6 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE,

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE
,  REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS FAR
FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN AND WESTERN
SEMI-CIRCLES.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/11 AT 06 UTC:
26.3S / 57.0E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/11 AT 18 UTC:
26.5S / 54.2E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONG WINDS EXIST FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTH AND WEST
 SECTORS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.