Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 04:00:19 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 220959
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 22 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...02N140W 02N150W 05N161W 02N168W 04N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF
140W AND WEST OF 180. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 03N140W
04N146W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN AREA. NEW
ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 20NM OF LINES 09N157W 06N162W AND
04N159W 05N162W. WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN 50NM OF LINE 04N175W
04N180 HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND DECREASED IN AREA IN THE
PAST 12 HOURS.

SHEARLINE...25N140W 21N156W 20N165W 21N176W AND EXTENDING EAST OF
140W. SHOWERY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 70NM OF SHEARLINE HAVE MOVED
SOUTH AT 5KT AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT/SHEARLINE ABOVE. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 17N157W 06N159W.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
LOW...27S122W. AREA OF WIDELY SCATTERED CB BOUNDED BY 22S122W
24S117W 30S111W 26S123W 22S122W HAS MOVED EAST AT 20KT AND
INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
AREA OF ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 07S162W 07S152W 09S147W 13S160W
13S169W 08S174W 07S162W HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED
IN SIZE.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.