Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:56:20 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 020856
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE MAR 02 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 02/0600 UTC...
..COLD FRONT THROUGH 32N119W 29N125W TO 31N135W.
..RIDGE AXIS FROM 31N137W TO 22N113W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0815 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION ALONG 5N77W 6N98W
10N105W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60/75
NM OF AXIS FROM 85W TO 92W...WITHIN 90/120 NM OF AXIS FROM 103W
TO 109W...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS FROM 123W TO 132W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
CLUSTERS OF SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 NM ALONG COAST OF
COLOMBIA S OF 7N.

$$
FORECASTER PAW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.