Subject: Indian-N: Ocean/081800z-091800zmar2004//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 10:34:09 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 081800
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/081800Z-091800ZMAR2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/080751ZMAR2004//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/081352ZMAR2004//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
 (1) AT 080600Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 16S (GAFILO) WAS
LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 180 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF ANTANANARIVO,
MADAGASCAR AND HAD TRACKED SOUTHWESTWARD AT 15 KNOTS OVER THE PAST
SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 55 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 080900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
        (2) AT 081200Z1, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 17S WAS LOCATED
APPROXIMATELY 360 NM WEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS AND HAD TRACKED
NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT 3 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS.
SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 081500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
RELEASED BY: LCDR ARENDS, USN.
FORECAST TEAM:  ARENDS/WINGEART/MENEBROKER/SPANSKI//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.