Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 05/02/2004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 18:08:31 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 050000
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 05/02/2004
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 034/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  05/02/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 988 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.7S / 50.6E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL SIX
DEGREES
EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST 9 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE, ONLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS AROUND THE
CENTRE, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS UP TO 200
NM
FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR, AND LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS
35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS FAR FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
SECTOR
(BETWEEN 70 AND 15
0NM FROM THE CENTRE).
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/05 AT 12 UTC:
25.4S / 52.0E, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/06 AT 00 UTC:
27.5S / 51.5E, DISSIPATING.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE CENTRE HAS BEEN RE-LOCATED.
STRONGER WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN
SECTOR,
 DUE TO THE SEVERE GRADIANT GENERATED  BY THE HIGH SUBTROPICAL
PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.