Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 06:28:02 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 091237
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 09/02/2004
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 52/6 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: MONDAY    09/02/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 997 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.8S / 55.2E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL TWO
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          NORTH-EAST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
ISOLATED SQUALLS EXTEND UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE
NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN SECTORS.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE
,  BUT NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
BETWEEN
90 NM AND150 NM FROM THE CENTRE , EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE, REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT UP TO 200 NM
FROM
THE CENTRE,
 MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/10 AT 00 UTC:
24.0S / 55.0E, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/10 AT 12 UTC:
23.0S / 53.0E, DISSIPATING.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION IS NOT WELL DEFINED.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.