Subject: Indian-N: Pass To Office Codes:

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 10:59:16 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 091800
UNCLAS //N03145//
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
PSBR BCST//SID 80//
DIRNSA FT GEORGE G MEADE MD//DDI-LIZ/P313/Q332/WWEA//
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/091800Z-101800ZMAR2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/090751ZMAR2004//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/091352ZMAR2004//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
 (1) AT 090600Z5, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 16S (GAFILO) WAS
LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 280 NM WEST OF ANTANANARIVO, MADAGASCAR AND
HAD TRACKED SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS OVER THE PAST
SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 090900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
        (2) AT 091200Z2, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 17S (NICKY) WAS LOCATED
APPROXIMATELY 350 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS AND HAD
TRACKED NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT 04 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 50 KNOTS GUSTING TO 65 KNOTS.
SEE REF B (WTXS32 PGTW 091500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
RELEASED BY: LT WINGEART, USN.
FORECAST TEAM:  WINGEART/MENEBROKER/SPANSKI//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.