Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 27/01/2004 At 1800

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:51:04 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 271800
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 27/01/2004 AT 1800
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 007/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   27/01/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 997 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.5S / 43.7E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
 EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          NORTH-NORTH-EAST 5 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO
400 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 50 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG
GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/28 AT 06 UTC:
16.0S / 44.7E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/28 AT 18 UTC:
15.8S / 46.2E, OVERLAND.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
IN SPITE OF DEEP CONVECTION GENERATING HEAVY RAINS, THE SYSTEM GOES ON
WEAKENING.
FORCE WINDS CAN LOCALLY REACH 35 OR 40 KT IN THE NORTH OF THE SYSTEM DUE
 TO THE STRONG NORTHWESTERLY MONSOON FLOW.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.