Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 04:02:00 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 021000
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 02 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0825 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE TROUGH...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TCU...THAT EXTEND
NORTH OF 30N...ARE BOUNDED BY 30N158W 30N147W 17N148W 25N152W
20N156W 22N160W.  FEATURE HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 05N165W 02N171W 01N177W
HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...SURFACE TROUGH.  FOR MORE DETAILS
..SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT COVER A BROAD AREA AND BOUNDED BY 03S170W
16S134W 23S135W 23S138W 17S142W 17S158W 10S169W 09S174W 07S174W
04S172W HAVE MOVED SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT WEST OF 157W AND HAVE
MOVED EAST AT 10 KT EAST OF 157W...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

SHEAR LINE/FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16S166W
18S159W 22S147W HAVE MOVED NORTH TO NORTHEAST AT 5 KT IN 9 HOURS AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED TCU WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 14S172W 14S170W 16S168W HAVE MOVED
NORTHWEST AT 5 TO 10 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND WEAKENED.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.