Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:59:13 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 012200
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN FEB 01 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING CHANGING THE
FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED CHANGES AND AN
EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 01/1200 UTC...
..1026 MB HIGH PRES 30N133W WITH RIDGE EXTENDING SE TO 20N115W.
..WEAK COLD FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF AREA.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 01/2100 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION ALONG 3N78W 4N95W 5N110W
8N118W 8N130W 9N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN
75 NM OF AXIS FROM 135W TO 140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60
NM OF AXIS FROM 116W TO 135W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS N OF 12N W OF 125W.  BROKEN
TO OVERCAST LOW-MID LEVEL CLOUDS COVER AREA N OF 17N W OF 109W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.