Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 03:12:51 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 310913
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT 31 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING CHANGING THE
FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED CHANGES AND AN
EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 31/0600 UTC...
..1030 MB HIGH PRES NEAR 33N140W WITH RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING SE TO
   15N110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 31/0900 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION...3N78W 6N95W 8N105W
5N120W 5N135W 4N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS BETWEEN 10N AND 24N W OF 112W.
BROKEN TO SCATTERED STRATUS/STRATOCUMULUS N OF 24N W OF 116W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 20 NM OF A LINE FROM
10N117W TO 9N124W.

$$
FORECASTER RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.