Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:34:00 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 032134
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT 03 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 03/1800 UTC...
..WEAK COLD FRONT ENTERS OFF OF THE BAJA COAST NEAR 29N115W
THROUGH 27N128W...THEN STATIONARY TO 31N140W.
..SURFACE PRES TROUGH... WEAK REFLECTION OF MID/UPPER LEVEL
FEATURE...EXTENDS ALONG 13N119W TO 6N123W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 03/2100 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N77W
5N100W 7N110W 6N1250W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION FROM 6N TO 12N BETWEEN 107W AND 113W. SCATTERED
MODERATE 65 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 122W TO 135W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW/MID CLOUDS 150 NM EITHER SIDE OF WEAK
COLD FRONT.

BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED
SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH A MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL TROUGH THROUGH
20N117W 9N123W ARE FOUND N OF 12N BETWEEN 109W AND 115W.

$$
FORECASTER ROBERTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.