Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:38:19 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 142138
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED 14 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML. THE EVALUATION PERIOD WILL
END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE ENCOURAGE YOUR
COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK TO A FEEDBACK
FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE. YOUR FEEDBACK
WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF MODIFICATIONS ARE
NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 14/1800 UTC...
..1024 MB HIGH 26N129W WITH RIDGE TO 20N140W.
..TROUGH 32N129W TO 25N140W.
..LOW 1013 MB NEAR 24N110W WITH TROUGH TO 13N113W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 14/2100 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
5N100W 8N110W 5N140W SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 40 NM EITHER SIDE
OF AXIS FROM 100W TO 105W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED CONVECTION N OF 10N
BETWEEN 100W AND 110W.

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.