Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 03:55:50 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 280955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 28 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CONVERGENCE ZONE...THROUGH 13N153W 08N164W MOVING NORTH SLOWLY.
NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB WITHIN 85 NM OF CZ EAST OF 157W
INTENSIFIED SIGNIFICANTLY IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
WEAK LOW...NEAR 27N161W NEARLY STATIONARY. FRONT...THROUGH 25N157W
20N156W 15N161W MOVING EAST 15 KT. OCCASIONAL CB WITHIN 45-60 NM OF
FRONT MOVING EAST 15 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N178E 27N170E MOVING EAST 25 KT. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LAYERS ALONG FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
WEAK CONVERGENCE ZONE...THROUGH 10S165W 09S177W MOVED NORTH SLOWLY.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF CZ CHANGED LITTLE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED TCU/CB IN THE VICINITY REMAIN SPARSE.

ELSEWHERE...
TROUGH...THROUGH 19S151W 25S146W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED CB/TCU
ALONG TROUGH DIMINISHED.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.