Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 15:46:53 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 062147
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC TUE 06 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 06/1800 UTC...
..HIGH PRES 1021 MB IS CENTERED NEAR 29N124W.  A RIDGE EXTENDS
   SW FROM THE HIGH TO 21N136W.
..A COLD FRONT EXTENDS THROUGH 32N133W TO BEYOND 25N140W. THE
   FRONT IS FORECAST TO WEAKEN OVER THE NEXT 12 HOURS.
..STRONG HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO IS
   EXPECTED TO BEGIN PRODUCING GALE FORCE WINDS OVER THE GULF
   OF TEHUANTEPEC IN THE NEXT 6 TO 12 HOURS.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 06/2100 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
5N78W 5N85W 3N100W 8N118W 5N128W 5N140W. A CLUSTER OF SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN A 45 NM RADIUS OF 7N117W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 14N109W 10.5N113W. BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW
CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 90 NM SE OF THE COLD FRONT.

$$
FORECASTER BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.