Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:20:15 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 250320
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SUN 25 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 25/0000 UTC...
..WEAKENING HIGH PRES RIDGE EXTENDS ALONG 32N138W 26N134W
   25N125W TO 22N115W.  ANOTHER HIGH IS EXPECTED TO BUILD
   SOUTH INTO THE AREA DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
..A WEAKENING TROUGH ENTERS THE AREA NEAR 32N119W
   EXTENDING SW ALONG 28N125W TO 28N134W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/0300 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
3N78W 3N95W 4N106W 8N116W 6N130W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 130W-134W. ISOLATED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 115W
AND 117W AND W OF 134W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS COVER THE AREA
FROM 18N TO 27N BETWEEN 116W AND 133W. A BAND OF SCATTERED TO
BROKEN LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 75 NM
OF LINE 21N107W 18N112W 16N117W.

$$
BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.