Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 03:46:05 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 100945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 10 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE LINE FROM 23N168W
TO 27N157W AND WITHIN 120 NM OF THE LINE FROM 27N157W TO 32N149W AND
FURTHER NORTH MOVED EAST SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NEW ISOLATED TCU AND SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE
LINE FROM 22N160W TO 26N155W. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE DISCUSSION OF FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 75 NM OF THE LINE FROM 03N179W TO
06N173W.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 07S160W 10S157W 15S162W
12S171W 08S165W REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA...AND
CHANGED LITTLE IN INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA CROSSING THE
DATELINE BOUNDED BY 09S179E 10S173W 18S174W 18S174E 15S172E 09S172E
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA...AND CHANGED LITTLE
IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE DISCUSSION OF TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 45 NM OF THE POINT 13S125W.

$$
RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.