Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:32:36 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 132132
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC FRI FEB 13 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING CHANGING THE
FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED CHANGES AND AN
EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 13/1800 UTC...
A COLD FRONT EXTENDS THROUGH 32N126W TO 26N132W THEN STATIONARY
TO 21N140W. N OF 26N FRONT IS MOVING E NEAR 20 KT AND WEAKENING.
BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW/MID CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN
120 NM SE OF THE FRONT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
5N77W 6N110W 7N130W 5N140W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS 83W
TO 91W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 3N TO 9N FROM 106W TO 110W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.