Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:01:51 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 270401
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SAT MAR 27 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 27/0000 UTC...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES N OF 13N. RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS INTO THE
AREA ALONG 30N136W 15N105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 27/0345 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG AXIS
2N78W 3N90W 1N100W 3N110W 1N127W 2N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 93W AND 100W AND W OF 133W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MOSTLY MID TO HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ASSOCIATED
WITH A JET STREAM ARE NOTED N OF A LINE ALONG 15N140W 13N125W TO
24N111W. SCATTERED TO BROKEN MID TO HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ASSOCIATED
WITH A MID TO UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 15N109W WITH AND TROUGH
EXTENDING SE ARE LOCATED FROM 11N TO 20N BETWEEN 99W TO 112W.

$$
FORECASTER ROBERTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.