Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:45:21 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 092145
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 09 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2200 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED TO
OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE
WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 30N145W 26N149W AND CONTINUE WITHIN 90 NM OF
LINE 23N161W 21N171W. FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 30 KT NEAR 30N...MOVING
EAST SOUTHEAST AT 15 KT SOUTH OF 24N.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 05N143W 04N151W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...DECREASED IN COVERAGE AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE DATELINE AND
ARE BOUNDED BY 03S155E 06S160W 15S152W 17S155W 12S172W 10S155E
03S155E HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE
14S149W 17S139W 25S131W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION...THOUGH SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH FOR CONVECTION NORTH OF THE ISLANDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.