Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:08:58 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 102208
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 10 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LOW...NEAR 18N153W...MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWEST NEAR 20 KT.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE THROUGH 24N147W 18N148W HAVE MOVED
SOUTHWEST 15 KT AND DECREASED IN BOTH AREA AND INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 70 NM OF LINE THROUGH 04N177W 05N174W HAVE
MOVED WEST 15 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...THAT EXTENDS SOUTH OF 25S...THROUGH 25S174W 21S179W HAS
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH HAVE
MOVED SOUTHEAST 15 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSITY.

TROUGH...WITH WEAK LOW JUST SOUTH OF AREA...THROUGH 25S134W 20S147W
HAS NEWLY FORMED ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
SCATTERED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF 180...WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
06S180 05S170W 17S174W 18S180 11S175E 06S180...HAVE MOVED WEST 15 KT
AND HAVE QUICKLY INCREASED IN COVERAGE OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS...AND
INCREASED IN INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.