Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:25:34 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 120325
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC THU FEB 12 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING CHANGING THE
FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED CHANGES AND AN
EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 12/0000 UTC...
..BROAD AREA OF HIGH PRES N OF 15N W OF 105W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0300 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION ALONG...4N77W 6N120W 6N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 92W TO 116W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS FROM 9N TO 22N BETWEEN
100W AND 116W ASSOCIATED WITH MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS FROM
27N115W THROUGH 16N120W TO 4N130W.

$$
FORECASTER ROBERTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.