Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:53:42 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 300354
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI 30 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 30/0000 UTC...
..1030 MB HIGH PRES CENTERED JUST N OF THE REGION NEAR 32N133W
WITH RIDGE AXIS EXTENDING SE THROUGH 22N115W TO 14N103W.  HIGH
PRES COVERS THE AREA N OF 12N W OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 30/0345 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION...3N78W 4N86W 11N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF
AXIS BETWEEN 117W AND 135W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO LOCALLY OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS NOTED N OF 15N W
OF 112W.  LOCALLY OVERCAST CIRRIFORM CLOUDS NOTED WITHIN 120 NM
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 15N140W TO 15N127W AND FROM 13N120W TO
22N103W.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.