Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 03:58:04 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 010958
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU 01 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 01/0600 UTC...
..TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS ALONG 28N114W 18N121W.
..1019 MB HIGH CENTER IS NEAR 31N136W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 01/0900 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N77W 5N90W 7N107W 10N117W 7N131W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 104W TO 108W. ISOLATED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM
115W TO 122W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG 150 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE
14N118W 17N112W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE
20N105W 11N117W BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH
EMBEDDED ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE NOTED IN ASSOCIATION WITH E
PACIFIC MIDDLE/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AND ASSOCIATED JET APPROACHING
NW MEXICO.

$$
FORECASTER HOLWEG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.