Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:47:18 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 022147
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 02 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...06N140W 07N150W 11N160W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W. NEW
ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 06N144W 07N147W.
OCCASIONAL TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90NM.

CONVERGENCE ZONE...24N150W 30N150W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 30NM OF LINES
28N149W 25N150W 22N153W AND 29N152W 26N153W AND BROKEN LAYERED
CLOUDS NORTH OF LINE 30N145W 22N153W 30N152W HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST AT
15KT AND WEAKENED.

FRONT...30N162W 27N161W 20N165W. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN
LAYERED CLOUDSY WITHIN 50NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED EAST AT 20KT AND
INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 240NM OF LINE 23N155W
10N168W HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST AT 40KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
AREA. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS. SEE FRONT IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
TROPICAL CYCLONE HETA NEAR 09.2S 174.2W HAS SCATTERED CB WITHIN
90NM OF CENTER AND WIDELY SCATTERED CB ELSEWHERE BOUNDED BY 03S180
07S168W 12S174W 09S179W 03S180...SEE BULLETINS FROM OFFICIAL
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING AGENCIES FOR DETAILS.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT 25S125W 20S130W AND EXTENDING SOUTH OF 25S. WIDELY SCATTERED
CB WITHIN 50NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED EAST SLOWLY AND INTENSIFIED.

TROUGH 1...25S159W 20S160W AND EXTENDING SOUTH OF 25S. NEW ISOLATED
CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 17S147W 22S150W AND WITHIN 40NM
OF LINE 22S157W 25S156W AND EXTENDING SOUTH.

TROUGH 2...20S168W 15S172W 10S173W. NEW AREA OF ISOLATED CB HAS
FORMED BOUNDED BY 11S164W 20S165W 19S169W 12S173W 11S164W.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.