Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 03:53:15 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 120953
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 12 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...07N140W 08N150W 05N155W 06N165W 08N169W AND EXTENDING
EAST OF 140W. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 20NM OF LINE
06N145W 08N151W. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90NM OF ITCZ.

FRONT...30N151W 17N172W AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND CONTINUING AS
SHEARLINE TO 180 AND EXTENDING WEST OF 180. SCATTERED TCU AND
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 60NM OF FRONT NORTHEAST OF 27N155W...
WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND OVERCAST LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITHIN 50NM
OF FRONT BETWEEN 27N155W AND 20N170W AND ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 180NM NORTHWEST OF FRONT/SHEARLINE WEST
OF 170W.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. SEE OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE...FRONT. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...28S120W 26S125W 24S133W AND EXTENDING SOUTHEAST. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 180NM NORTHEAST OF FRONT AND OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150NM OF FRONT.

CONVERGENCE ZONE...CZ 1...16S130W 11S140W 12S148W. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 16S131W 13S137W HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST AT 5KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA. WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN 40NM OF LINE 12S140W
12S144W 13S146W HAVE MOVED NORTH SLOWLY AND INTENSIFIED. BROKEN TO
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90NM OF CZ.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 20NM OF LINE 06S175W 08S180 HAVE REMAINED NEARLY
STATIONARY...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN AREA.

DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.