Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:36:23 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 160936
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE MAR 16 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 16/0600 UTC...
..HIGH PRES RIDGE DOMINATES AREA N OF 10N W OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0915 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
5N77W 5N95W 8N112W 8N124W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60
NM EITHER SIDE OF THE AXIS E OF 78W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE
WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 84W TO 90W. WIDELY
SCATTERED MODERATE ALSO WITHIN 45 NM RADIUS OF 111W ON THE AXIS.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MIDDLE AND HIGH CLOUDS ARE N OF 14N W OF
134W. BROKEN MIDDLE AND HIGH CLOUDS FROM 10N TO 21N BETWEEN 104W
AND 118W.

$$
FORECASTER HOLWEG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.