Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 11/02/2004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:11:43 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 110021
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 11/02/2004
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 58/6 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 11/02/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 1000 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.0S / 57.0E
(TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL
ZERO
DEGREES  EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST 5 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE,

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE
,  REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
FAR
FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN AND WESTERN
SEMI-CIRCLES.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/11 AT 12 UTC:
27.4S / 55.3E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/12 AT 00 UTC:
28.0S / 53.4E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONG WINDS EXIST FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN
AND
WESTERN SECTORS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.