Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Warning (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:26:40 -0600

WTIO30 FMEE 100035
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST WARNING (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

0.A WARNING NUMBER                 : 60/6/20032004
1.A EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6  (EX-ELITA)

2.A POSITION 2004/02/10 AT 0000 UTC :
WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.3S / 57.0E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES EAST)

3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                : /
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE               : 1000 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN) : 30 KT

6.A EXTENSION OF WINDS BY QUADRANTS (KM):
30 KT       NE: 150   SE: 400   SO: 400   NO:

7.A FIRST CLOSED ISOBARE (PRESSURE / AVERAGE DIAM): 1004 HPA / 500 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION: SHALLOW

1.B FORECASTS:
12H: 2004/02/10 12 UTC: 24.0S/56.5E, MAX WIND=030KT, DISSIPATING.
24H: 2004/02/11 00 UTC: DISSIPATED.

2.B OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE RESIIDUAL VORTEX OF ELITA IS MORE AND MORE BADLY DEFINED AND THE
LOW
IS FILLING UP. IT SHOULD TURN-BACK WESTWARD ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF
HIGH
PRESSURES, THEN TRACK POLEWARD, ATTRACTED BY THE TROUGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.