Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 03:55:30 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 060955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 06 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 09N144W 09N153W MOVED WEST
AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. WIDELY SCATTERED
TO SCATTERED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 09N154W 09N160W MOVED EAST-
NORTHEAST AT 25 KT WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

UPPER LEVEL TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 11N164W
20N155W MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LEVEL LOW...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 13S174W 14S160W
WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LEVEL LOW IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF POINT 23S162W MOVED SOUTH-SOUTHWEST AT
15 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM
OF LINE 16S132W 23S120W 22S115W MOVED SOUTH-SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.