Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:02:42 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 161602
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON FEB 16 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 16/0600 UTC...
..A 1023 MB HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 27N118W WITH RIDGE SW 19N140W
AND RIDGE SE TO 14N102W.
..COLD FRONT 30N138W 29N140W IS MOVING E SE AT 20 KT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 1545 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N78W
3N125W 6N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
90W AND 102W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 120 NM
OF AXIS BETWEEN 120W AND 137W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO LOCALLY OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH
THE COLD FRONT ARE SPREADING E OVER THE WATERS N OF 25N W OF
130W.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.