Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:29:01 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 080038
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 08/02/2004
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 46/6 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    08/02/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 995 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.2S / 53.6E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY THREE DECIMAL SIX
DEGREES
 EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST 3 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE
,  BUT NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
BETWEEN
100 NM AND 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE,  REACHING LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS
35/40 KT, MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/08 AT 12 UTC:
26.0S / 53.7E, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/09 AT 00 UTC:
DISSIPATED.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGEST WINDS EXTENDS FAR FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHWESTERN
QUADRANT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.