Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:54:20 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 281800
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 28/01/2004 AT 1800
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 011/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 28/01/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        OVERLAND DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 980 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 16.2S / 46.3E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY SIX DECIMAL THREE DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 7 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO
250 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

STROM FROCE WINDS 50/60 KT  AND VERY ROUGH SEAS TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
40 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE., EXTENDING UP TO 120NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH
SEAS  WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE
NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT .
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/29 AT 06 UTC:
17.3S / 47.0E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, OVERLAND.
24H, VALID 2004/01/29 AT 18 UTC:
18.6S / 47.9E, MAX WIND = 35 KT, OVERLAND.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
ELITA HAS MADE LANDFALL AT 14 H UTC JUST SOUTH OF MAJENGA. IT IS RAPIDLY
WEAKENING AS IT TRACKS SOUTHEASTWARD. STRONGER WINDS CAN BE OBSERVED IN THE
NORTHNORTHWEST OF THE SYSTEM DUE
TO THE STRONG NORTHWESTERLY MONSOON FLOW.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.