Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 06:43:32 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 011200
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 01/02/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 021/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    01/02/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL CYCLONE 7 (FRANK) 950 HPA
POSITION:           16.2S / 64.2E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL TWO DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING  UP
TO 500 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN QUADRANT  AND 300 NM IN THE  SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS OF
 THE CENTRE.
 STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
  OF THE CENTRE.
  GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS
   OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
   NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/02 AT 00 UTC:
16.6S / 65.6E, MAX WIND = 75 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/02 AT 12 UTC:
17.1S / 67.2E, MAX WIND = 75 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
FRANK WAS TRACKING EASTWARD DURING THE LAST HOURS ALWAYS SLOWLY. THE
TROPICAL CYCLONE HAS STILL FAVORABLE CONDITIONS AND HAS LIGHTLY DEEPENING
 DURING THE LAST HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.