Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:46:07 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 182145
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 18 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...05N140W 04N154W 05N160W 03N175W 04N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF
140W AND WEST OF 180. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50NM OF LINE 05N148W
04N155W 06N160W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10KT AND INCREASED IN AREA.
ISOLATED TCU ELSEWHERE WITHIN 80NM OF ITCZ.

CONVERGENCE LINE...22N140W 21N147W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W.
SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 60 NM HAVE MOVED WEST NORTHWEST SLOWLY AND
WEAKENED.

FRONT...30N157W 21N180 AND EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND WEST OF 180.
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 100NM OF FRONT EAST OF 170W AND
ISOLATED TCU WITHIN 60NM SOUTHEAST OF FRONT AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST
LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 150NM NORTHWEST OF LINE NORTHWEST OF FRONT WEST OF
170W HAVE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 5KT AND WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES SECTION ABOVE...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH 1...22S151W 11S166W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 10S144W
11S147W AND BOUNDED BY 15S145W 18S145W 18S149W 15S145W HAVE MOVED
EAST SOUTHEAST SLOWLY AND WEAKENED. ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 11S167W
11S160W 18S156W 15S165W 11S167W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND
WEAKENED.

TROUGH 2...25S174W 23S175W AND EXTENDING SOUTHEAST. NEW ISOLATED CB
HAVE FORMED WITHIN 25NM OF LINE 22S172W 27S173W.

CONVERGENCE ZONE...05S123W 04S138W. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED
WITHIN 20NM OF POINT 03S127W. SCATTERED TCU ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90NM OF
CONVERGENCE ZONE HAVE MOVED WEST AT 20KT AND INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.