Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:47:40 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 152148
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 15 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT 1...THROUGH 30N142W 26N142W 20N153W MOVED EAST 25 KT.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 50 NM OF LINE 30N142W 26N145W DECREASED IN
COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

FRONT 2...CROSSED THE DATELINE...EXTENDED THROUGH 30N178W 27N175E
24N164E AND MOVED EAST 40 KT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS
WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 06N152W MOVED WEST 10
KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. NEW ISOLATED CB
WERE WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 05N142W. NEW ISOLATED CB...THAT CROSS
THE EQUATOR...WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 04N174W 04N178W 07N180 07N176E
04N169E 10N161E HAVE MOVED WEST 20 KT...INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY OVER THE PAST 10 HOURS.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
10S145W 12S139W 25S121W 25S126W 15S143W 10S145W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 10S151W 08S165W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. WIDELY SCATTERED CB
WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 08S168W 08S176W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB...THAT
CROSS THE DATELINE...WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 08S178W 09S169E 12S154E
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...WEAKENED...AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. SEE CZ/SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES FOR CONVECTION TO THE NORTH OF SAMOA.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.