Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Warning (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 12:20:57 -0600

WTIO30 FMEE 091830
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST WARNING (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

0.A WARNING NUMBER                 : 59/6/20032004
1.A EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6  (EX-ELITA)

2.A POSITION 2004/02/09 AT 1800 UTC :
WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.4S / 56.4E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL FOUR
DEGREES EAST)

3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                : /
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE               : 999 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN) : 35 KT

6.A EXTENSION OF WINDS BY QUADRANTS (KM):
30 KT       NE: 250   SE: 400   SO: 400   NO: 200

7.A FIRST CLOSED ISOBARE (PRESSURE / AVERAGE DIAM): 1004 HPA / 500 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION: SHALLOW

1.B FORECASTS:
12H: 2004/02/10 06 UTC: 23.7S/57.2E, MAX WIND=035KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H: 2004/02/10 18 UTC: 23.2S/55.8E, MAX WIND=035KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
36H: 2004/02/11 06 UTC: 23.4S/54.0E, MAX WIND=035KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
48H: 2004/02/11 18 UTC: 24.8S/52.0E, MAX WIND=030KT, DISSIPATING.
60H: 2004/02/12 06 UTC: 26.4S/50.8E, MAX WIND=030KT, DISSIPATING.
72H: 2004/02/12 18 UTC: 28.5S/50.0E, MAX WIND=025KT, DISSIPATING.

2.B OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE RESIIDUAL VORTEX OF ELITA SHOULD TURN-BACK WESTWARD ON THE
NORTHERN
EDGE OF HIGH PRESSURES, THEN TRACK POLEWARD, ATTRACTED BY THE TROUGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.