Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 03:20:18 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 200920
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE 20 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML. THE EVALUATION PERIOD WILL
END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE ENCOURAGE YOUR
COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK TO A FEEDBACK
FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE. YOUR FEEDBACK
WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF MODIFICATIONS ARE
NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 20/0600 UTC...
..HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE EXTENDS FROM 32N131W TO 25N140W...
   AND FROM 32N131W TO 20N110W. ANTICYCLONIC FLOW COVERS
   THE AREA N OF 15N W OF 106W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 20/0900 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
5N77W 5N90W 10N112W 5N125W 2N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 60 NM WIDE
120W TO 122W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE 8N TO 12N BETWEEN 104W
AND 110W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
NONE.

$$
COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.