Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 07/03/2004 At

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:11:29 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 070614
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 07/03/2004 AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 021/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    07/03/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        OVERLAND DEPRESSION 9 (EX-GAFILO)
POSITION:           15.1S / 49.4E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY NINE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST 9 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE AND THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICAN FORCE WINDS 65 KT NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 /60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS EXTEND UP TO 120 NM FROM
THE CENTRE, ONLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS EXTEND UP TO 250 NM FROM THE
CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 300 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE,
MAINLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/07 AT 18 UTC:
15.7S / 47.4E, OVERLAND.
24H, VALID 2004/03/08 AT 06 UTC:
17.0S / 45.9E, OVERLAND.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE CENTRE OF GAFILO HAS LANDED IN VICINITY OF ANTALAHA AND TRACKS NOW
WESTWARDS.
GAFILO IS GOING TO WEAKEN SIGNIFICANTLY, BUT CONVECTIVES CLOUDS REAMIN
VERY ACTIVES, MAINLY OVER THE MOZAMBICAL CHANEL, DU TO CONFLUENCE WITH
THE MONSOON FLOW EXISTING ON THE NORTH OF THE CHANEL.
THE STORM FORCE WINDS YET PRESENT OVER THE SEA NEAR THE COAST ARE
EXPECTED TO WEAKEN RAPIDELY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.