Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 06:08:33 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 111159
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 11/03/2004 AT 1200
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 004/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  11/03/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 10 (HELMA EX-NICKY) 972 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.6S / 87.5E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY SEVEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
 EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 9 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY
UP TO 250 NM MAINLY IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN
30 NM RADIUS  OF THE CENTRE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY
ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 120 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/12 AT 00 UTC:
19.8S / 86.3E, MAX WIND = 55 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/12 AT 12 UTC:
21.3S / 85.5E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
NIL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.