Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 03:46:38 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 170946
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 17 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NONE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 04N155W TO
06N156W TO 07N152W. NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE POINT
09N154W.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...WIDELY SCATTERED CB AND SHOWERY LAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 150
NM OF THE LINE FROM 16S167W TO 20S167W TO 32S156W TO 36S157W TO
38S161W MOVED SOUTHWEST AT 5 KT. THE CB CHANGED LITTLE IN AREA OR
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NEW ISOLATED CB WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 15S180 TO 15S175W.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF THE LINE FROM 24S124W TO 26S124W
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY...DECREASED IN AREA...AND CHANGED LITTLE
IN INTENSITY. WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 06S153W
09S150W 22S151W 21S155W 17S163W 10S162W REMAINED NEARLY
STATIONARY...CHANGED LITTLE IN AREA...AND INTENSIFIED.

$$
RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.