Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 07:08:29 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 041200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 04/01/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 026/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    04/01/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 4 (EX-DARIUS) 993 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 29.9S / 61.8E
(TWENTY NINE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL EIGHT
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 27 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS LOCALLY UP TO MORE THAN 400 NM IN THE EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS  FAR FROM THE
CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 210 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/05 AT 00 UTC:
34.7S / 65.3E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/01/05 AT 12 UTC:
45.0S / 70.0E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DARIUS IS EXTRATROPICAL WITH A TOTALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION WICH
 IS LESS AND LESS CIRCULAR.
 STRONGEST WINDS ARE LOCATED FAR FROM THE CENTRE  TO THE
EASTSOUTHEAST DUE
 TO THE GRADIANT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH.
 DARIUS IS EVACUATING SOUTHEASTWARD JUST BEFORE THE COLD FRONT WITH WICH
 IT SHOULD MERGE DURING THE NEXT  24 HOURS (THE  FORECAST POSITION AT 24
 HOURS IS THE POSITION OF THE LOW RESULTING OF THE MERGE WITH THE POLAR
 LOW).

 LAST WARNING ISSUED ON THIS SYSTEM

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.