Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 21:27:32 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 050327
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI MAR 05 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 05/0000 UTC...
..A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS THROUGH 32N118W 28N120W TO
   26N124W.
..HIGH PRES RIDGE EXTENDS THROUGH 32N132W 25N125W 21N110W.
   HIGH PRES COVERS THE AREA N OF 10N W OF 110W...EXCEPT IN
   THE VICINITY OF THE TROUGH.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0300 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N78W 5N85W 5N100W 8N120W 5N130W 4N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 60 TO 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM 85W TO 98W.
CLUSTERS OF ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN
30 NM OF THE FOLLOWING POINTS 8N122W...7N128W...AND 6N130W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 20 NM OF LINE 13N108W
12N110W. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER THE AREA N OF 13N W OF 118W.

$$
FORECASTER BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.