Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:01:15 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 170100
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN REISSUED/170100Z-171800ZFEB2004//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE REMNANTS OF 12P, LOCATED NEAR 27.3S2 111.0E3,
APPROXIMATELY 340 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF LEARMONTH, AUSTRALIA,
HAVE MOVED OFF LAND OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. ANIMATED WATER
VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATE INCREASING CONVECTION AS THE SYSTEM
MOVED OVER WATER. UPPER AIR ANALYSIS DEPICTS DIFFLUENCE ALOFT
AND MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB. DUE TO COOLER SEA SURFACE
TEMPERATURES IN THE AREA, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. RELEASED BY: LT WINGEART, USN.
4. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED POOR AREA TO PARA 2.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: WINGEART/KLINZMANN/KELSEY//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.