Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:55:40 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/091800Z-101800ZFEB2004//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.9S5 119.8E9
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.2S9 120.3E6, APPROXIMATELY 270 NM NORTH-NORTHEAST
OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED ENHANCED INFRARED IMAGERY INDICATES
A POSSIBLE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EMBEDDED IN AN AREA OF INCREASING
DEEP CONVECTION. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS REVEALS FAVORABLE DIFFLUENCE BUT
MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
TENDENCY INDICATES A TREND OF DIMINISHING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR SURROUNDING
THIS AREA OF CONVECTION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. THIS IS THE FINAL BULLETIN ISSUED BY JTWC. FUTURE BULLETINS WILL BE
ISSUED BY FLENUMMETOCCEN, MONTEREY.
4. RELEASED BY: LT WINGEART, USN.
FORECAST TEAM:  WINGEART/DIXON/RONSSE/SPANSKI//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.