Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Warning (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 06:06:41 -0600

WTIO30 FMEE 061214
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST WARNING (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

0.A WARNING NUMBER                 : 40/7/20032004
1.A MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 7  (FRANK)

2.A POSITION 2004/02/06 AT 1200 UTC :
23.0S / 74.5E
(TWENTY THREE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL
FIVE
DEGREES EAST)

3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                : 2.0/3.0 /W  1.0/12 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE               : 990 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN) : 40 KT

6.A EXTENSION OF WINDS BY QUADRANTS (KM):
30 KT       NE: 350   SE: 200   SO: 100   NO: 350

7.A FIRST CLOSED ISOBARE (PRESSURE / AVERAGE DIAM): 1000 HPA / 700 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION: SHALLOW

1.B FORECASTS:
12H: 2004/02/07 00 UTC: 24.2S/76.2E, MAX WIND=030KT.
24H: 2004/02/07 12 UTC: 25.4S/78.0E, MAX WIND=030KT, BECOMING
EXTRATROPICAL.
36H: 2004/02/08 00 UTC: 27.0S/79.5E, MAX WIND=030KT, BECOMING
EXTRATROPICAL.
48H: 2004/02/08 12 UTC: 29.0S/80.0E, MAX WIND=030KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
60H: 2004/02/09 00 UTC: 30.5S/81.0E, MAX WIND=030KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
72H: 2004/02/09 12 UTC: 32.0S/83.0E, MAX WIND=030KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

2.B OTHER INFORMATIONS:
T=2.0 ET CI=3.0
THE SYSTEM IS STRONGLY SOUTHEASTERLY SHEARED, IN EXTRATROPICAL
TRANSITION
.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.