Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 04:02:44 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 261001
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC MARCH 26 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0825 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CB/TCU ARE BOUNDED BY 29N143W
24N145W 23N150W 18N154W 17N162W 19N162W 25N152W 27N146W 29N146W.
FEATURE NEARLY STATIONARY.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 06N168W 06N178W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...UPPER TROUGH.  FOR MORE DETAILS...
SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ...1...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 05S170W 13S164W 14S165W 16S180
06S179W 05S175W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 5 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

CZ/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 15S153W 20S144W 23S144W
25S147W 17S155W HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST AT 8 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSIFIED.

CZ...2...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 03S122W 05S122W 12S140W 10S144W
08S141W 06S146W 05S146W 05S125W 03S124W HAVE EXPANDED WEST AT 10 KT
AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CZ...1.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 18S165W 24S151W HAVE MOVED
NORTHEAST AT 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.