Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:55:37 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 132155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 13 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE FRONT/SHEAR LINE...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 24N152W
22N154W 30N149E 36N149W MOVED EAST 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE. NEW CB
WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 19N162W 22N154W MOVED EAST-SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT
DURING THE PAST 15 HOURS.

ITCZ...ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED CB BOUNDED BY 09N157W 04N146W
04N158W 07N162W MOVED EAST-NORTH AT 05 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB...WHICH CROSSED THE DATELINE...
WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 07N170W 03N176W 04N178E MOVED EAST AT
ABOUT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE SECOND CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE FRONT/SHEAR LINE IN
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 24S165W 33S158W
MOVED EAST AT 05 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM O
OF LINE 16S173W 17S179W MOVED EAST-NORTHEAST AT 05 KT WITH A SLIGHT
INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 19S147W 28S140W 30S143W
20S159W MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN
COVERAGE.

UPPER LEVEL LOW...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 13S126W 18S124W 15S130W
MOVED WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 05S163W 08S174W MOVED NORTHWEST
SLOWLY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB...
WHICH CROSSED THE DATELINE...WERE BOUNDED BY 10S178W 14S179W 13S173E
08S174E AND WERE NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
AND INTENSITY.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.