Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 06:45:49 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 061216
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 06/02/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 040/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    06/02/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 992 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.3S / 51.5E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY ONE DECIMAL FIVE
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          QUASI-STATIONARY 2 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER LOCATED IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE,  FROM 100 NM TO 400
NM FROM THE CENTRE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS AROUND THE
CENTRE, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN
60 NM
 AND 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE,  AND LOCALLY GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40KT AND
 VERY ROUGH SEAS BETWEEN 100 NM AND 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE.
 STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

 FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
 12H, VALID 2004/02/07 AT 00 UTC:
 26.3S / 51.3E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
 24H, VALID 2004/02/07 AT 12 UTC:
 26.2S / 51.1E, MAX WIND = 35 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

 OTHER INFORMATIONS:
 SEVERAL LOWS EXIST WITHIN THE AREA OF LOW PRESSURE.
 STRONGEST WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE,  DUE TO THE  GRADIENT EFFECT
 WITH THE HIGH SUBTROPICAL PRESSURES BUILDING IN THE SOUTHWEST, AND WITH
 THE MONSOON FLOW IN THE NORTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.