Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:21:31 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 100031
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 10/02/2004
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 054/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   10/02/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 1000 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.3S / 57.0E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES  EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST-NORTH-EAST 5 KT

THREAT AREAS:
ISOLATED SQUALLS EXTEND UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHERN SECTOR AND VERY LOCALLY IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE
,  REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY
ROUGH
SEAS FAR FROM THE CENTRE BETWEEN 80 NM AND100 NM FROM THE CENTRE ,
EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/10 AT 12 UTC:
24.0S / 56.5E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, DISSIPATING.
24H, VALID 2004/02/11 AT 00 UTC:
DISSIPATED.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION IS MORE AND MORE BADLY DEFINED AND THE LOW
IS
FILLING UP.
THE RESIDUAL CIRCULATION SHOULD START TO TRACK WESTWARD WHITHIN THE
NEXT
24 HOURS, THEN SOUTHWESTWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.