Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 03:22:44 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 250923
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN 25 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
SUBTROPIC JET AND ASSOCIATED CIRRUS FROM 13N120W TO 19N104W.
UPPER TROUGH ALONG 120W N OF 23N MOVING SSE 30 KT.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 25/0600 UTC...
..HIGH PRES RIDGE EXTENDS S ALONG 135W THEN SE TO 20N110W.
..A WEAKENING TROUGH ENTERS THE AREA NEAR 30N118W
   EXTENDING SW TO 26N125W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/0300 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
2N80W 2N92W EQ100W 7N120W 5N130W 4N140W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN OCCASIONAL OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS N OF 10N W OF
112W. CLOUDS BECOME SCATTERED N OF A TROUGH MENTIONED IN
SYNOPTIC SECTION.

$$
RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.