Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:55:47 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 262155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 26 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 65 NM OF LINE 09N160W 06N166W MOVED WEST
SLOWLY AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY IN THE PAST 12 HOURS.
SPARSE ISOLATED CB WITHIN 80 NM OF LINE 07B170W 06N180 ARE NEARLY
STATIONARY AND WEAKENED SLIGHTLY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
UPPER TROUGH...FROM 17N171W THROUGH 24N160W TO AN UPPER LOW NEAR
29N145W. TROUGH SOUTH OF 20N MOVING SOUTHEAST 15 KT...STATIONARY
NORTH OF 20N. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 18N167W 21N159W ARE
NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY IN THE
PAST 12 HOURS.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N168W 26N180 MOVING EAST 25 KT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST
STRATOCUMULUS/CUMULUS ALONG FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
ISOLATED TCU.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...25S150W 22S156W 22S162W MOVED EAST-NORTHEAST 15-20 KT.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS/CUMULUS ALONG FRONT.

CONVERGENCE ZONE...ALONG LINE 24S142W 17S154W MOVED NORTHEAST 10 KT.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF CZ CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 145 NM OF LINE 14N177W 12N166W ARE NEARLY
STATIONARY AND CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 65 NM OF LINE 06S130W 07S123W MOVED WEST 5 KT AND
INTENSIFIED. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 08S142W 08S135W HAVE
MOSTLY DISSIPATED.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.