Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:46:38 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 132146
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 13 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...NEW ISOLATED CB...WHICH EXTEND EAST OF 140W...WERE WITHIN 60
NM OF LINE 05N140W 04N141W. ISOLATED CB...WHICH EXTEND WEST OF
180...WERE WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 06N167W 07N180 07N170E...HAVE MOVED
WEST 15 KT...AND INCREASED SLIGHTLY IN COVERAGE WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS...WHICH WEAKEN AND LOSE
DEFINITION WEST OF 180...WERE WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 30N163W 27N171W
26N180 AND HAVE MOVED EAST 30 TO 35 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES
ABOVE...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 12S152W 20S139W
24S145W 25S158W 20S161W 12S152W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...
INCREASED IN COVERAGE...AND INTENSIFIED.

TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE...ISOLATED CB...WHICH CROSS 180...WERE
WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 15S177W 21S174W 24S178E 17S172E 15S177W AND
HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.