Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 13:12:12 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 021800
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 02/02/2004 AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 027/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: MONDAY    02/02/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 6 (ELITA) 976 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.4S / 43.4E
(NINETEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY THREE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
 EAST) AT 1800 UTC
 MOVEMENT:          EAST-SOUTH-EAST 5 KT

 THREAT AREAS:
 SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
 LOCALLY UP TO 250 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

 STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN30 NM RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN
 QUADRANT.
 GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
 RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN
 QUADRANT.
 NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
 RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE WESTERN
 SEMI-CIRCLE AND IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR.
 STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

 FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
 12H, VALID 2004/02/03 AT 06 UTC:
 20.0S / 44.4E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.
 24H, VALID 2004/02/03 AT 18 UTC:
 21.1S / 45.4E, OVERLAND.

 OTHER INFORMATIONS:
 ELITA BEGIN TO MOVE EASTWARD AGAIN TOWARDS THE MALAGASY COAST.
 ELITA IS UNDER GOOD CONDITIONS TO DEVELOP.
 STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT WITH
 THE WELL ESTABLISHED MONSOON FLOW  IN THE NORTHERN PART OF THE CHANNEL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.