Subject: Indian-N: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Warning (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:05:49 -0600

WTIO30 FMEE 031800
RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST WARNING (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

0.A WARNING NUMBER                 : 23/4/20032004
1.A MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 4  (DARIUS)

2.A POSITION 2004/01/03 AT 1800 UTC :
24.9S / 58.7E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL SEVEN
DEGREES EAST)

3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                : 3.0/3.0 /W  0.5/24 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE               : 990 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN) : 45 KT

6.A EXTENSION OF WINDS BY QUADRANTS (KM):
30 KT       NE: 150   SE: 400   SO: 150   NO: 100
50 KT       NE:       SE: 100   SO:       NO:

7.A FIRST CLOSED ISOBARE (PRESSURE / AVERAGE DIAM): 1008 HPA / 700 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION: MEDIUM

1.B FORECASTS:
12H: 2004/01/04 06 UTC: 28.3S/60.0E, MAX WIND=040KT.
24H: 2004/01/04 18 UTC: 32.2S/62.8E, MAX WIND=040KT, BECOMING
EXTRATROPICAL.
36H: 2004/01/05 06 UTC: 39.0S/67.0E, MAX WIND=040KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

2.B OTHER INFORMATIONS:
T=3.0 CI=3.0+
DARIUS IS TRACKING FASTLY IN DIRECTION OF EXTRATROPICAL DOMAIN WITH
THE
TROUGH.
WINDS REACHING LOCALLY STORM FORCE WINDS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOP
ARE
DUE TO THE GRADIANT WITH THE RIDGE LOCATED SOUTHEAST OF THE SYSTEM.
DARIUS IS GOING TO SHEAR, PRESENTING A TYPICAL SHEARING BOW I, THE
NORDWEST OF DARIUS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.