Subject: Indian-N: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 07:16:23 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 101218
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 10/02/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 56/6 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   10/02/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 998 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.0S / 58.0E
(TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES  EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 240 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI
-CIRCLE,  VERY LOCALLY IN THE NORTHERN SECTOR, AND UP TO 500 NM IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE
,  REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH
SEAS FAR FROM THE CENTRE BETWEEN 80 NM AND100 NM FROM THE CENTRE ,
EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/11 AT 00 UTC:
26.4S / 56.5E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/11 AT 12 UTC:
26.7S / 54.5E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONG WINDS EXIST FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE SOUTH, DUE TO
THE GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE BUILDING SUBTROPICAL HIGH. THIS CELL OF HIGH
 PRESSURES SHOULD MAKE EX-ELITA TRACK WESTWARDS. THEN EX-ELITA SHOULD
 TRACK SOUTHWARDS OVER THE NEXT 60 HOURS, INTO A WEAKNESS IN THE PRESSURE
 FIELD.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.