Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 03:54:49 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 170955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 17 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FIRST COLD FRONT...ISOLATED EMBEDDED CB...WHICH EXTENDED ACROSS
140W...WERE WITHIN WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 25N142W 26N140W AND MOVED
EAST AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

SECOND COLD FRONT...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 25N177W 30N170W
34N167W MOVED EAST-NORTHEAST AT SLIGHTLY FASTER THAN 10 KT...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 02N156W 95N163W MOVED
WEST-SOUTHWEST AT LESS THAN 10 KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN
COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE FIRST COLD FRONT IN OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES IN THE NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FIRST SURFACE TROUGH...OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY FREQUENT CB WITHIN 120
NM OF LINE 11S165W 11S176W MOVED EAST-SOUTHEAST SLOWLY...INTENSIFIED
AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY
08S164W 08S158W 12S159W WERE NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE. OCCASIONAL CB...WHICH CROSSED THE DATELINE...
WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 10S176W 09S179E MOVED SOUTH SLOWLY...
INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SECOND SURFACE TROUGH/CZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 09S143W
11S146W MOVED NORTHWEST AT 10 KT WITH A SLIGHT DECREASE IN COVERAGE
AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 18S130W 25S121W
MOVED EAST-NORTHEAST AT ABOUT 05 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
AND INTENSITY.

SURFACE FRONT...NEW CB WITHIN 30 NM OF POINT 23S152W MOVED
SOUTH-SOUTHWEST AT 10 KT DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE FIRST CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE FIRST SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.