Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 03:27:19 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 120927
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON 12 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 12/0600 UTC...
..DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 32N129W TO 25N135W. WIDELY
   SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT N OF
   28N...1019 MB HIGH NEAR 28N120W WITH RIDGE EXTENDING SE TO
   22N113W AND SW TO 18N125W.  WEAK HIGH PRES COVERS THE REGION
   FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 130W.
..HIGH OVER MEXICO FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO IS PRODUCING A TIGHT
   PRES GRADIENT ALONG THE SOUTHERN MEXICAN COAST RESULTING IN
   GALE FORCE WIND OVER THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/0330 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
6N110W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 7.4N110.6W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 13.5N TO 20N FROM 110W TO 125W.
EXTENSIVE UPPER CLOUDS EXTEND FROM THIS CONVECTION NORTHEASTWARD
TOWARD CENTRAL MEXICO.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.