Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:55:00 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 132155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
EASTERN NORTH AND SOUTH PACIFIC
CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER/WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 13 2004

NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS
AND ISOLATED TCU THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N ARE BOUNDED BY 30N180
30N161W 26N168W 22N174W.  FEATURE MOVING EAST AT 30 TO 35 KT ALONG
30N AND SLOWS TO EAST TO SOUTHEAST AT 10 KT ALONG 20N.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 09N169W 05N168W 08N171W 05N176W
03N179W 07N178W 09N173W HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY FOR 12 HOURS...
INCREASED IN AREA AND INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...1...ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB/TCU THAT CROSS THE
DATELINE AND BOUNDED BY EQ172E 06S175W 11S177W 10S174E 08S175E
01S170E HAVE MOVED WEST AT 5 TO 10 KT...DECREASED IN AREA AND
INTENSIFIED.

CZ/SURFACE TROUGH...2...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 04S161W 09S135W
14S136W 10S145W 11S155W 08S157W 09S167W 06S166W HAVE MOVED NORTH AT
5 KT WEST OF 154W AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE...WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

SURFACE TROUGH/FRONT...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND
BOUNDED BY 18S133W 25S120W 25S133W 21S134W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.