Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 06:02:21 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 311200
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 31/01/2004
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 017/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  31/01/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 7 (FRANK) 940 HPA
POSITION:           15.5S / 61.9E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 3 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/90 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25NM RADIUS
OF
THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 100
NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 130 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN AND
SOUTHREASTERN SECTORS.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/01 AT 00 UTC:
16.1S / 62.5E, MAX WIND = 90 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/01 AT 12 UTC:
17.0S / 63.4E, MAX WIND = 100 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
FRANK AS LIGHTLY WEAKENED DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT DOESN'T MOVE. IT
SEEMS
TO HAVE STARTED TO TRACK SLOWLY SOUTHEASTWARD. DURING NEXT DAYS IT
SHOULD
 TEMPORARILY RE-INTENSIFY HAS IT WILL TRACK SOUTHEASWARD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.