Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 03:55:53 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 270955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 27 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0800 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N165W 22N168W 19N177W MOVING EAST 25-30 KT.
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 175 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 30N158W 20N163W
ASSOCIATED WITH PRE-FRONTAL CONVERGENCE. EAST EDGE OF THUNDERSTORM
AREA EXTENDS FROM 30N154W THROUGH THE KAUAI CHANNEL TO 20N160W.
BROKEN CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS ALONG THE FRONT SOUTH OF 26N. OVERCAST
LAYERS ALONG FRONT NORTH OF 26N.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
LINE OF SPARSE ISOLATED TCU/CB BETWEEN 17N171W AND 19N168W MOVING
EAST-SOUTHEAST 10 KT. ALSO SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...AREA OF ISOLATED CB WITHIN 40 NM OF LINE 06N140W 05N152W IS
NEARLY STATIONARY. CB HAVE BEEN CONTINUALLY FORMING...DISSIPATING
AND REFORMING WITHIN THIS AREA.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...THROUGH 25S151W 17S157W MOVING EAST 10 KT. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 65 NM OF TROUGH INCREASED IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
WEAK CONVERGENCE ZONE...THROUGH 16S160W 13S175W NEARLY STATIONARY.
BROKEN LAYERS AND ISOLATED TCU ALONG CONVERGENCE ZONE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 18S135W 21S127W MOVED
WEST-SOUTHWEST 5-10 KT AND DIMINISHED SLIGHTLY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.