Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 07:26:12 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 051216
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 05/03/2004 AT 1200
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 014/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    05/03/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL CYCLONE 9 ( GAFILO) 952 HPA
POSITION:           14.0S / 55.9E
(FOURTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
 EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY
UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50 /60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS  OF THE CENTRE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND
ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO
300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/06 AT 00 UTC:
15.0S / 54.3E, MAX WIND = 90 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/06 AT 12 UTC:
15.9S / 52.7E, MAX WIND = 90 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
POTENTIAL FOR INTENSIFICATION REMAINS GOOD..

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.