Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:28:24 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 291800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/291800Z-301800ZJAN2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/290752ZJAN2004//
REF/B/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/291353ZJAN2004//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 290600Z7, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 10S (FRANK) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 15.8S4 63.6E5, APPROXIMATELY 430 NM NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS,
TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 90 KNOTS GUSTING TO 110
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS32 PGTW 290900) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
      (2) AT 291200Z4, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 11S WAS LOCATED NEAR
9.8S7 93.8E0, APPROXIMATELY 230 NM NORTHWEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS,
TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 10 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS33 PGTW 291500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 7.0S7
90.2E1, IS NOW THE THE SUBJECT OF THE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
IN PARA 2.A.(2).
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. RELEASED BY: CAPT KENDALL, USAF.
FORECAST TEAM: KENDALL/KLINZMANN/VOHS//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.