Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 05/03/2004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 12:19:56 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 051823
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 05/03/2004
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 015/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    05/03/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 9 (GAFILO) 930 HPA
POSITION:           14.4S / 55.1E
(FOURTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL ONE
DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 9 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 400 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/95 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF
 THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50 /60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 100 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 150
NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/06 AT 06 UTC:
15.7S / 53.5E, MAX WIND = 100 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/06 AT 18 UTC:
16.5S / 52.1E, MAX WIND = 110 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE SYSTEM CONTINUE TO INTENSIFY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.