Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:55:39 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 272156
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC JANUARY 27 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LOW NEAR 13N162W NEARLY STATIONARY. UPPER TROUGH EXTENDS FROM
LOW THROUGH 28N145W.

COLD FRONT 30N167W 26N180 MOVED EAST 10 KT.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CBS WITHIN 50 NM OF LINE 07N141W 06N147W STATIONARY.
NO CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM KAUAI TO BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM KURE ATOLL TO MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE...ISOLATED CBS WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 25S144W
12S151W 08S160W. STATIONARY. WEAKENING SLIGHTLY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
EARLIER CBS DISSIPATED. ISOLATED CBS 150 NM N OF SAMOA WITHIN 50 NM
OF LINE 11S169W 11S173W STATIONARY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.