Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:55:30 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 122155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 12 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC.  MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS UNLESS
STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU BOUNDED BY 10N172W 07N170W 07N160W 04N160W
04N178W 08N180 09N178W 08N176W 10N176W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 10 KT AND
INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

FRONT...BROKEN TO OVERCAST...MAINLY...LOW CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N AND
WEST OF THE DATELINE ARE BOUNDED BY 30N180 30N171W 26N177W 27N180.
FEATURE HAS MOVED EAST AT 30 KT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN
ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO
AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE/UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT COVER A BROAD AREA AND
THAT CROSS THE DATELINE ARE BOUNDED BY 01S158E 03S175E 08S177E
13S167W 20S170W 25S179E 22S173E 15S173E 13S162E 07S163E 02S156E...
HAVE MOVED SOUTH AND EAST AT 5 TO 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S AND BOUNDED BY 16S152W
18S148W 25S151W 25S156W 23S160W 21S158W 20S161W 18S160W 18S154W HAVE
BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN
INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.