Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 03:46:10 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 110945
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 11 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE DATELINE...ARE
WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 07N162W 07N180...HAVE MOVED WEST AT
15 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

FRONT 1...ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE WITHIN 60
NM OF A LINE THROUGH 30N141W 26N143W...HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST AT 15
KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

FRONT 2...ISOLATED TCU...THAT EXTEND NORTH OF 30N...ARE WITHIN 60 NM
OF A LINE THROUGH 30N164W 28N170W 25N180...HAVE MOVED EAST AT 25
KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE FRONT 2 UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED TCU ARE WITHIN 40 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 10N156W
13N1622W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LOW/TROUGH 1...WIDELY SCATTERED CB...THAT EXTEND WEST OF THE
DATELINE...ARE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 07S160W 15S160W 22S170W 22S180
11S180 07S170W 07S160W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY...INCREASED IN
COVERAGE BUT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

TROUGH 2...ISOLATED CB/TCU...THAT EXTEND SOUTH OF 25S...ARE WITHIN
40 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 21S157W 25S155W...HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY... WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE UPPER LOW/TROUGH 1 UNDER OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB/TCU ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 07S138W
08S146W...HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15 KT...WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE
OR INTENSITY.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.