Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:42:38 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 242143
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT 24 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 24/1800 UTC...
..HIGH PRES CENTER RIDGE EXTENDS ALONG 32N139W 25N130W TO
   21N115W. THIS MORNINGS QUIKSCAT DATA DELINEATED THE RIDGE
   AXIS VERY WELL.
..DISSIPATING COLD FRONT ENTERS AREA NEAR 32N125W EXTENDING
   SW TO 29N135W.  A 90 NM WIDE BAND OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW
   TO MID CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS IS ALONG AND SE OF
   FRONT.
..THE WEAK TROUGH MENTION PREVIOUSLY HAS NOW DISSIPATED.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 24/2100 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
3N78W 3N90W 4N110W 7N115W 6N130W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 114W AND 119W.  SCATTERED MODERATE
WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 128W AND 133W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS MAINLY FROM 18N
TO 29N BETWEEN 118W AND 130W. A BAND OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW/MID
CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 23N106W
18N111W 16N116W.

$$
BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.