Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:36:27 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 172136
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC TUE FEB 17 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
GALE WARNING....N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W INCLUDING GULF
OF TEHUANTEPEC WIND N TO NE 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 17/1800 UTC...
..COLD FRONT 32N128W TO 21N140W IS MOVING EAST 15 TO 20 KT...
..A WEAK RIDGE N OF 18N E OF FRONT...

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED  2N78W 4N90W
2N100W 2N115W 8N135W 8N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF 4N96W.
SCATTERED MODERATE S OF 3.5N FROM 100W TO 115W.
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 5N TO 9N FROM 130W TO
139W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS
ARE WITHIN 300-360 NM E OF 135W WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE COLD
FRONT SPREADING ENE.  BROKEN OVER CAST LOW CLOUDS N OF 20N FROM
115W TO 130W.

$$
FORECASTER LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.