Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:13:00 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 300955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 30 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/COLD FRONT...EMBEDDED CB...WHICH CROSSED THE
DATELINE...WERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 27N175E 29N180 30N179W 32N176W
AND MOVED EAST AT 10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE CB ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH/COLD FRONT IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 10N143W MOVED NORTHEAST AT 05 KT
AND WEAKENED.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE FRONT/TROUGH...OCCASIONAL TO LOCALLY FREQUENT CB WITHIN 200
NM OF LINE 18S153W 10S153W MOVED EAST SLOWLY...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO OCCASIONAL CB...WHICH CROSSED THE
DATELINE...WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 11S163W 09S180 09S178E 05S176E WERE
NEARLY STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED
CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 15S163E 23S158E MOVED SOUTHEAST AT LESS THAN
10 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE SECOND CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE TROUGH IN OTHER
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.