Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:18:25 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 200918
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC FRI FEB 20 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 20/0600 UTC...
..HIGH PRESSURE 31N128W 1024 MB. HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES REGION
N OF 10N W OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0830 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N79W 3N90W
3N101W 4N110W 5N120W 4N130W 7N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION
NEAR 5N78W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 4N96W TO 4N102W AND
FROM 5N107W TO 5N122W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
MULTI-LAYERED CLOUDS COVER THE AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 110W AND
125W.

BROKEN OCCASIONAL OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE AREA BETWEEN 10N
AND 26N W OF 115W.
$$
FORECASTER RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.