Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:10:20 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 191610
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU FEB 19 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 19/1200 UTC...
..A HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE EXTENDS FROM 32N130W TO THE BAJA
PENINSULA..

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 1430 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 2N78W
3N120W 4N140W. SCATTERED STRONG 180 NM WIDE 78W TO 82W.
SCATTERED MODERATE 30 NM WIDE 120W TO 125W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...SCATTERED/BROKEN LO/MID CLOUDS ARE S OF 25N
W OF 130W AND BROKEN MULTILAYERED N OF 25N W OF 110W.

$$
FORECASTER FET

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.