Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:30:18 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 130035
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 13/03/2004
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 010/10 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  13/03/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 10 (HELMA) 994 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.0S / 84.3E
(TWENTY ONE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND EIGHTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS BETWEEN 90 NM AND 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN
THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/13 AT 12 UTC:
21.8S / 83.5E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/14 AT 00 UTC:
23.8S / 83.0E, MAX WIND = 25 KT, DISSIPATING.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
NIL.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.