Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:12:52 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 202212
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 20 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...04N140W 05N147W 03N160W 06N172W 03N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF
140W AND WEST OF 180. NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 50NM OF
LINES 03N153W 03N155W AND 06N165W 07N172W. WIDELY SCATTERED TCU AND
BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90NM OF ITCZ HAVE REMAINED
NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENED.

FRONT/SHEARLINE...30N143W 26N147W 22N153W EXTENDING NORTH OF 30N AND
CONTINUING AS SHEARLINE THROUGH 21N163W TO 23N170W. SHOWERY BROKEN
LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 150NM NORTH OF FRONT/SHEARLINE HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT
15KT AND INTENSIFIED IN THE PAST 6 HOURS.

TROUGH...30N179W EXTENDING ACROSS DATELINE TO 21N177E. AREA OF
ISOLATED CB AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS BOUNDED BY 24N178W 24N174W
19N177W 20N180 24N178W 20N180 30N177W HAS MOVED SOUTH AT 15KT AND
WEAKENED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES...FRONT/SHEARLINE ABOVE. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...FRONT/SHEARLINE AND TROUGH ABOVE.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
NIL.

TROUGH ALOFT...22S155W 18S161W 10S165W. NEW WIDELY SCATTERED CB HAVE
FORMED WITHIN 60NM OF LINE 14S155W 10S154W 06S162W. ISOLATED CB AND
BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE BOUNDED BY 05S160W 10S152W 19S159W
07S167W 05S160W HAVE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY AND INTENSIFIED.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 15S172W 18S173W.

ELSEWHERE...
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 30NM OF LINE 26S127W 23S130W.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.