Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 03:24:48 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 130925
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE 13 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML. THE EVALUATION PERIOD WILL
END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE ENCOURAGE YOUR
COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK TO A FEEDBACK
FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE. YOUR FEEDBACK
WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF MODIFICATIONS ARE
NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 13/0600 UTC...
..A 1024 MB HIGH PRESSURE CENTER IS NEAR 31N122W. A RIDGE
   EXTENDS SW ALONG 24N130W TO 20N140W.
..A COLD FRONT FROM A DEVELOPING LOW PRES NW OF THE AREA
   IS QUICKLY APPROACHING THE NW PORTION OF THE AREA. SW
   WINDS TO GALE ARE EXPECTED N OF 28N AHEAD OF THE FRONT.
..NORTHERLY GALE FORCE WINDS CONTINUE TO BLOW OVER THE GULF
   OF TEHUANTEPEC.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 13/0900 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
2N78W 2N94W 9N110W 10N115W 6N126W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
105W-110W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 75 NM
OF A LINE 10N112W 13N109W TO 16N107W. SCATTERED MODERATE
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 17N109W TO 20N112W.
BROKEN/OVERCAST MID/HIGH CLOUDS WITH WIDELY SCATTERED
SHOWERS ARE FROM 20N TO 26N BETWEEN 107W AND 116W. WIDELY
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED N OF 27N
ALONG THE APPROACHING COLD FRONT.

$$
BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.