Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 03:46:51 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 240946
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 24 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 08N167W 06N176W HAVE MOVED
WEST 10 KT...DECREASED IN AREA...AND WEAKENED. ISOLATED CB AND TCU
WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 05N143W 08N159W HAVE MOVED WEST 10 KT...
DECREASED IN AREA...AND WEAKENED.

UPPER TROUGH...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 21N170W 16N176W HAVE
MOVED SOUTHEAST 10 TO 15 KT AND DECREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE CHANGE
IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER
ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...ITCZ.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE...WIDELY SCATTERED CB WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE
08S179W 13S169W 23S157W HAVE MOVED SOUTH SLOWLY...INCREASED IN
AREA...AND INTENSIFIED.

FRONT...ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 18S150W 25S142W 25S147W 23S155W
18S150W HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST 10 KT AND INCREASED IN AREA WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 08S159W HAVE BEEN NEARLY
STATIONARY WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN AREA OR INTENSITY.

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.