Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 18:06:27 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 050000
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 05/02/2004
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 035/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  05/02/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 7 (FRANK) 942 HPA
POSITION:           19.5S / 70.0E
(NINETEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES
EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST-SOUTH-EAST 4 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP
TO 400 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS OF
 THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE NORTHERN AND
EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLES.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 180
NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 280 NM IN THE NORTHERN AND
EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLES.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/05 AT 12 UTC:
20.4S / 70.2E, MAX WIND = 80 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/06 AT 00 UTC:
21.7S / 70.9E, MAX WIND = 70 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
FRANK SHOULD CURVE SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD AND SLOWLY WEAKEN DURING NEXT
DAYS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.