Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:06:32 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 161800
UNCLAS //N03145//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/161800Z-171800ZJAN2004//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION LOCATED NEAR 11.0S2 60.5E1,
APPROXIMATELY 550 NM NORTH-NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS, HAS PERSISTED
OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. ANIMATED INFRARED AND RECENT MULTISPECTRAL
SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS CYCLING DEEP CONVECTION OVER A POSSIBLE
WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). RECENT MICROWAVE SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND A QUIKSCAT PASS DO NOT YET INDICATE ANY DEFINED
CIRCULATION IS PRESENT. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSES INDICATES A FAVORABLE
ENVIRONMENT WITH MODERATE DIFFLUENCE AND WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
ALOFT AND POTENTIAL FOR ENHANCED OUTFLOW IN THE POLEWARD DIRECTION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. RELEASED BY: LT BRYANT, USN.
FORECAST TEAM: BRYANT/ARENDS/RONSSE/COOK//
BT
#XXXX

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.