Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 22/01/2004 At

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:32:06 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 221200
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 22/01/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 1/5 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  22/01/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        ZONE OF DISTURBED WEATHER 5 1006 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 10.5S / 55.0E
(TEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  EAST
) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          UNDETERMINED

THREAT AREAS:
AN AREA OF DISTURBED WEATHER EXTENDS BETWEEN 5S AND 12S, FROM 46E TO 55E.
 CONVECTION IS FLUCTUATING BUT MODERATE TO STRONG.

 WITHIN THE AREA OF DISTURBED WEATHER, A LOW LEVEL CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION
 CAN BE DETECTED ON THE ANIMATED IMAGERY, CENTRED NEAR 10.5S/55E AT 1000Z.
  WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15/20 KTS, REACHING LOCALLY 25 KNOTS AND MINIMAL
  SEA LEVEL PRESSURE AT 1006 HPA.

  FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
  12H, VALID 2004/01/23 AT 00 UTC:
  .
  24H, VALID 2004/01/23 AT 12 UTC:
  .

  OTHER INFORMATIONS:
  ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE  TO INTENSIFICATION.
  HOWEVER, PRESENT SYSTEM INTENSITY DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR
  WARNINGS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.