Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:02:28 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 222301
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN FEB 22 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 22/1800 UTC...
..LOW PRESSURE 1004 MB CENTER JUST N OF AREA NEAR 34N120W WITH
A COLD FRONT EXTENDING TO 30N118W 21N125W 23N135W. FRONT MOVING
E 15-20 KT.
..WEAK RIDGE BETWEEN 13N AND 22N.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 1500 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N78W
3N105W 6N120W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45
NM OF 6.5N119.5W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF 5.5N124W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS N OF 25N E OF 118W.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTI-LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE N OF 23N E OF
120W.

BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ALONG AND NORTH OF THE FRONT.
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS FROM 15N TO 25N W OF 120W.

$$
FORECASTER COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.