Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 06:05:38 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 061213
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 06/02/2004
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 041/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    06/02/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 7 (FRANK) 990 HPA
POSITION:           23.0S / 74.5E
(TWENTY THREE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND SEVENTY FOUR DECIMAL
FIVE
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 13 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS WITHIN 100 MN RADIUS OF THE CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE NORTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/07 AT 00 UTC:
24.2S / 76.2E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/07 AT 12 UTC:
25.4S / 78.0E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
FRANK IS STRONGLY SOUTHEASTERLY SHEARED. RESIDUAL CONVECTION IS
LOCATED
FAR AWAY FROM THE LOW LEVEL CENTRE, IN THE NORTHWEST. WITH THE
GRADIENT
EFFECT WITH THE STILL WELL ESTABLISHED MONSOON FLOW IN THE NORTH,
STRONG
WINDS EXTEND FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTRE IN THE NORTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.