Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:14:47 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 010600
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 01/02/2004 AT 0600
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 020/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    01/02/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL CYCLONE 7 (FRANK) 945 HPA
POSITION:           16.0S / 62.9E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST 5 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 180 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY
UP TO 400 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND 300 NM IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF
THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30
NM RADIUS  OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH
SEAS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS  OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM IN THE
NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH
SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 300 NM IN THE
NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/01 AT 18 UTC:
16.5S / 64.3E, MAX WIND = 90 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/02 AT 06 UTC:
17.0S / 65.2E, MAX WIND = 95 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
FRANK WAS TRACKING EASTWARD DURING THE LAST HOURS ALWAYS SLOWLY. THE
TROPICAL CYCLONE HAS STILL FAVORABLE CONDITIONS AND HAS LIGHTLY DEEPENING
DURING THE LAST HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.