Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:48:25 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 250948
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC FEBRUARY 25 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...03N140W 03N150W 07N172W 04N180 AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W.
NEW ISOLATED CB HAVE FORMED WITHIN 50NM OF POINT 07N160W. WIDELY
SCATTERED TCU AND BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 110NM OF
ITCZ WEST OF 155W HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15KT AND EXPANDED IN AREA.
ISOLATED TCU AND BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 75NM OF ITCZ EAST OF 155W
HAVE MOVED WEST AT 15KT AND WEAKENED.

FRONT...26N140W 25N148W AND EXTENDING EAST OF 140W. SCATTERED TCU
WITHIN 10NM OF FRONT EAST OF 145W AND SHOWERY BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW
CLOUDS ELSEWHERE FROM 25NM SOUTH TO 100NM NORTH OF FRONT HAVE MOVED
EAST SOUTHEAST AT 27KT AND INTENSIFIED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. FRONT NORTHWEST OF AREA WILL MOVE OVER THE
ISLANDS LATER TONIGHT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO ACTIVE CONVECTION. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NIL.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT 25S145W 24S154W AND EXTENDING SOUTH OF 25S. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS
WITHIN 65NM OF FRONT HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST AT 10KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE.

CONVERGENCE ZONE 1...22S145W 19S151W 22S158W. ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY
20S145W 22S146W 21S147W 20S145W...WITHIN 50NM OF POINT 20S152W AND
BOUNDED BY 21S159W 21S155W 24S158W 21S159W HAVE MOVED NORTHEAST
SLOWLY AND DECREASED IN AREA.

CONVERGENCE ZONE 2...11S164W 14S177W. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 70NM OF
ZONE HAVE MOVED SOUTH AT 10KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN AREA IN
THE PAST 12 HOURS.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...CONVERGENCE ZONE 2.

ELSEWHERE...
NIL.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.