Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:55:40 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 082155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 08 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 07N154W 08N141W AND WITHIN
50 NM OF POINT 03N167W MOVED WEST 15 KT REMAIN SPARSE WITH LITTLE
CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
WEAK SHEAR LINE CLOUD BAND...THROUGH ALONG LINE 21N160W 25N151W
MOVED SOUTHEAST 12 KT. BROKEN CUMULUS/ISOLATED SHOWERS ALONG SHEAR
LINE.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N173E 24N160E MOVING EAST 30 KT. FRONT FORECAST
THROUGH 30N76W 28N180 IN 24 HOURS. BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS
WITHIN 180-200 NM NORTHWEST OF FRONT. CURRENTLY NO SIGNIFICANT
FEATURES/WEATHER.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
UPPER LOW...NEAR 29N151W MOVED SOUTHEAST 20 KT BUT SLOWING. ISOLATED
CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 30N147W 25N147W REMAIN SPARSE AND INCREASED
IN COVERAGE SLIGHTLY.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...THROUGH 25S171W 18S714W 14S180 MOVED WEST-SOUTHWEST 5 KT.
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERS/ISOLATED CB WITHIN 120-150 NM OF TROUGH
CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
SCATTERED TO BROKEN CUMULUS. ISOLATED CB IN THE VICINITY.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 110 NM OF POINT 10S173W MOVED WEST 5-10 KT WITH
LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.