Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 03/01/2004 At

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 06:30:17 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 031200
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 03/01/2004 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 022/04 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  03/01/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 4 (DARIUS) 990 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.8S / 58.4E
(TWENTY THREE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL FOUR
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST 16 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXTENDS UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 90 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
 NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
 RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
 SEMI-CIRCLE.
 STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

 FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
 12H, VALID 2004/01/04 AT 00 UTC:
 27.0S / 59.6E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.
 24H, VALID 2004/01/04 AT 12 UTC:
 30.4S / 61.4E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

 OTHER INFORMATIONS:
 DARIUS IS TRACKING FASTLY IN DIRECTION OF EXTRATROPICAL DOMAIN.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.