Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 03:18:15 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 220918
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU 22 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 22/0600 UTC...
..HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES AREA N OF 15N.
..RIDGE AXIS STRETCHES SW FROM 32N130W THROUGH 29N140W...RIDGE
ALONG BAJA/SW MEXICO COAST EXTENDS FROM 32N130W TO 18N106W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 22/0900 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 4N77W
4N86W 2N97W 5N110W 3N116W 6N127W 3N140W. NO CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SHORT WAVE TROUGH EXTENDS SW FROM CUT OFF LOW OVER BAJA NEAR
31N116W TO 10N133W. JET FINGER ALONG 15N140W 9N124W 26N109W.
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS N OF 13N E OF 116W SPILLING
OVER BAJA/MEXICO DOWNSTREAM OF TROUGH.

$$
ROBERTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.