Subject: Indian-S: Msgid/genadmin/navpacmetoccen Pearl Harbor Hi/jtwc//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:12:34 -0600

WTXS31 PGTW 020300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 14S (MONTY) WARNING NR 015
   02 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONES IN SOUTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   020000Z2 --- NEAR 22.0S4 116.1E9
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 135 DEGREES AT 04 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 065 KT, GUSTS 080 KT
   REPEAT POSIT: 22.0S4 116.1E9
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   021200Z5 --- 22.8S2 116.5E3
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 045 KT, GUSTS 055 KT
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 145 DEG/ 04 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   030000Z3 --- 23.5S0 117.0E9
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
020300Z5 POSITION NEAR 22.2S6 116.2E0.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 14S (MONTY), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 120 NM
EAST OF LEARMONTH, AUSTRALIA, HAS TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 05 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 012330Z9
MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON
SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 65 KNOTS. THE CONVECTION
ASSOCIATED WITH TC 14S HAS DIMINISHED AND THE SYSTEM IS DISSIPATING
RAPIDLY AS IT INTERACTS WITH LAND. TC 14S IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE
TRACKING POLEWARD AND DISSIPATE OVER LAND. THE AVAILABLE DYNAMIC
AIDS, CONSISTING OF NOGAPS, EGRR AND NCEP GFS ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT
WITH THIS SCENARIO. THIS FORECAST IS BASED ON A CONSENSUS OF ALL
AVAILABLE AIDS. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE
JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE
CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION. REFER TO TROPICAL
CYCLONE 15P (EVAN) WARNINGS (WTXS31 PGTW) FOR TWELVE-HOURLY
UPDATES.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.