Subject: Indian-N: Hurricane Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 06:39:10 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 301200
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 30/01/2004 AT 1200
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 013/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    30/01/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 7 (FRANK) 945 HPA
POSITION:           15.7S / 61.8E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-NORTH-WEST 3 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY
UP TO 300 NM.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/90 KT AND VERY HIGH TO PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 20
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE. STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH
SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS  OF THE CENTRE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY
ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM RADIUS  OF THE CENTRE. NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS
30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER
SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/01/31 AT 00 UTC:
16.7S / 60.3E, MAX WIND = 90 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/01/31 AT 12 UTC:
17.7S / 59.5E, MAX WIND = 90 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
FRANKS IS STILL LOCATED WITHIN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONNEMENT. IT SHOULD CURVE
ITS TRACK SOUTHWESTWARD.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.