Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:24:04 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 251523
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC WED FEB 25 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 25/1200 UTC...
..COLD FRONT 30N132W TO 26N140W.
..BROAD HIGH PRES EAST OF FRONT NORTH OF 15N AND WEST OF 110W
   WITH CENTER NEAR 26N121W 1021 MB.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 1500 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION...4N77W 7N105W 6N120W 4N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF 0.4101.4W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 7.9N106.7W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 6.4N111.8W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITH NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION
OVER AREA N OF 12N W OF 110W.

$$
FORECASTER LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.