Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:12:13 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 122112
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC TUE 12 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML. THE EVALUATION PERIOD WILL
END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE ENCOURAGE YOUR
COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK TO A FEEDBACK
FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE. YOUR FEEDBACK
WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF MODIFICATIONS ARE
NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 12/1800 UTC...
..1021 MB HIGH NEAR 29N118W WITH RIDGE SW TO 15N127W.
..TROUGH FROM 21N112W10N118W.
..HIGH OVER MEXICO FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO IS PRODUCING A
   TIGHT PRES GRADIENT ALONG THE SOUTHERN MEXICAN COAST
   RESULTING IN GALE FORCE WIND OVER THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 12/2100 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N78W 7N15W 6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS EMBEDDED IN A LARGE AREA OF CLOUDINESS
AND RAIN SHOWERS FROM 11N TO 22N BETWEEN 108W TO 115W.

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.