Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:25:23 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 182125
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN 18 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML. THE EVALUATION PERIOD WILL
END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE ENCOURAGE YOUR
COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK TO A FEEDBACK
FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE. YOUR FEEDBACK
WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF MODIFICATIONS ARE
NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 18/1800 UTC...
..TROUGH AXIS IS ALONG 32N123W 27N130W.
..HIGH PRES IS CENTERED N OF AREA WITH GENERAL ANTICYCLONIC
   FLOW N OF 10N W OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 18/2100 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
5N77W 5N86W 7N102W 9N114W 2N127W 1N140W. DISSIPATING SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 93W TO 98W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN/OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH POSSIBLE ISOLATED
SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH.

STRONG SHORTWAVE TROUGH IS EVIDENT IN WATER VAPOR IMAGERY ALONG
32N127W 25N129W 18N132W. THIS SHORTWAVE CONTINUES TO MOVE E AT
15-20 KT. BROAD AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ARE
FOUND E OF SHORTWAVE TROUGH TO 118W.

DISSIPATING AREA OF BROKEN/OVERCAST LOW/MID LEVEL CLOUDS WITH
POSSIBLE ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM 12N TO 15N BETWEEN 95W AND 97W.

$$
MOLLEDA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.