Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian/

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 11:22:37 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 071800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN/
OCEAN/071800Z-081800ZMAR2004//
REF/A/RMG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/070751ZMAR2004//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
 (1) AT 070600Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 16S (GAFILO) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 15.1S7 49.3E6, APPROXIMATELY 275 NM NORTH-NORTHEAST
OF ANTANANARIVO, MADAGASCAR, AND HAD TRACKED WEST AT 12 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 95 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 115 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31 PGTW 070900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
        (1) THE REMNANTS OF TC 15P (EVAN) PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
19.0S0 116.3E1, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 19.0S0 115.6E3, APPROXIMATELY
190 NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA. RECENT SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES CYCLING CONVECTION. RECENT QUIKSCAT IMAGERY
INDICATES A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS
DEPICTS WEAK UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW AND MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1003 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT
24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
(2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 14.0S5
89.2E9, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.9S3 89.2E9, APPROXIMATELY 460 NM
WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE COCOS ISLANDS. RECENT QUIKSCAT IMAGERY
INDICATES A WEAK LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.