Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 03:11:56 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 300912
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC FRI 30 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 30/0600 UTC...
..1028 MB HIGH PRES CENTERED NEAR 31N128W WITH RIDGE AXIS
EXTENDING SE TO 17N108W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 30/0845 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION...3N79W 4N107W 7N112W
6N117W 7N130W 7N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION NEAR 4N78W.
SCATTERED MODERATE BETWEEN 6N109W AND 8N112W AND WITHIN 60 NM OF
8N116W AND WITHIN 60 NM OF 9N122W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS BETWEEN 12N AND 23N W OF
113W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATUS/STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS N OF 23N W
OF 118N.

$$
FORECASTER RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.