Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:55:35 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 142155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC MARCH 14 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 24N147W
27N144W 33N143W MOVED EAST AT 10 KT WITH FLUCTUATIONS IN COVERAGE
AND INTENSITY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 22N149W 19N156W
19N165W MOVED SOUTH-SOUTHEAST SLOWLY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN
COVERAGE.

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 05N143W 06N150W WERE NEARLY
STATIONARY...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB
WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 10N157W MOVED NORTH-NORTHEAST AT LESS THAN 10
KT...WEAKENED AND DECREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED TO WIDELY
SCATTERED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 07N169W 07N176W MOVED
EAST-NORTHEAST AT 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE SECOND CB AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE IN
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC. FOR
DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION
MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
SURFACE FRONT/CZ...ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED CB BOUNDED BY
21S175W 20S165W 23S168W MOVED EAST AT ABOUT 05 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 20S164W
24S157W MOVED EAST-SOUTHEAST AT LESS THAN 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 24S165W
29S159W MOVED SOUTHEAST AT LESS THAN 10 KT...INTENSIFIED AND
INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

SECOND SURFACE FRONT SOUTH OF AREA...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF
LINE 26S143W 28S136W MOVED EAST-NORTHEAST AT 10 KT...WEAKENED AND
DECREASED IN COVERAGE.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

ELSEWHERE...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 21S149W 27S149W MOVED SOUTHEAST AT
05 KT WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY...BUT AN INCREASE IN COVERAGE.
ISOLATED CB BOUNDED BY 19S128W 15S140W 12S137W MOVED WEST AT 10 KT
WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY...BUT AN INCREASE IN COVERAGE.
SCATTERED CB...WHICH CROSSED THE DATELINE...WERE BOUNDED BY 06S177E
06S178W 11S173W 13S178E AND MOVED NORTHEAST SLOWLY...INTENSIFIED
AND INCREASED IN COVERAGE.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.