Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:08:33 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 041537
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC WED FEB 04 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING CHANGING THE
FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED CHANGES AND AN
EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 04/1200 UTC...
..A 1027 MB HIGH PRES IS CENTERED NEAR 32N138W. A RIDGE
   EXTENDS SE ALONG 29N129W 25N118W TO 20N108W. HIGH PRES COVERS
   THE AREA N OF 12N W OF 108W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 04/1500 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N78W 5N90W 3N105W 9N123W 8N135W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS FROM
127W TO 132W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF
AXIS FROM 122W TO 124W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF
11N115W. BROKEN TO LOCALLY OVERCAST MID AND HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS
ARE NOTED FROM 12N TO 25N FROM 115W TO 135W.

$$
FORECASTER BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.