Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 07/03/2004 At 0000

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:10:06 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 070013
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 07/03/2004 AT 0000
UTC. WARNING NUMBER: 020/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA) (INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    07/03/2004 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        VERY INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 9 (GAFILO) 895 HPA
POSITION:           15.0S / 50.5E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES EAST)
AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST 10 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY
UP TO 600 NM FROM THE CENTRE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/125 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE. STORM
FORCE WINDS 50 /60 KT AND VERY HIGH SEAS EXTEND UP TO 120 NM FROM THE
CENTRE, ONLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH
SEAS EXTEND UP TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 150 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 350 NM FROM THE CENTRE, MAINLY
IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/07 AT 12 UTC:
15.5S / 48.2E, OVERLAND.
24H, VALID 2004/03/08 AT 00 UTC:
16.7S / 46.7E, OVERLAND.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE CENTRE OF GAFILO IS GOING TO REACH THE NORTHEASTERN COAST OF MADAGASCAR,
IN VICINITY OF ANTALAHA. AFTER IT MADE LANDFALL, THE CYCLONE SHOULD KEEP ON
TRACKING OVERLAND, IN DIRECTION OF THE SOUTHERN PART OF THE ISLAND. GAFILO
IS GOING TO WEAKEN SIGNIFICANTLY.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.