Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 03:59:20 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 250959
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU MAR 25 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS 25/0600 UTC...
..STATIONARY 1025 MB HIGH IS LOCATED NEAR 29N131W AND IS
WEAKENING. ASSOCIATED RIDGE EXTENDS ALONG 26N125W 24N118W
20N110W. HIGH PRES COVERS THE REGION N OF 12N W OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 25/0915 UTC...

ITCZ...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS/CONVECTION ALONG 3N77W  4N90W 3N100W
4N112W  3N120W  4N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM OF ITCZ AXIS BETWEEN 101W-104W.

ELSEWHERE SOUTH OF 32N...
SCATTERED STRONG CONVECTION IS NOTED ALONG COLOMBIAN COAST FROM
3N-6N. BROKEN/OVERCAST MOSTLY MID/HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ARE NOTED NW
OF LINE 15N140W 30N110W. SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS
ASSOCIATED WITH A JET STREAM ARE WITHIN 350 NM OF LINE 6N115W TO
ACROSS MEXICO AT 16N98W. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITH
POSSIBLE ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE MOVING W WITH ELY TRADES...AND ARE
GENERALLY S OF 12N W OF ABOUT 100W. BROKEN TO SCATTERED
STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE N OF 12N W OF 120W AND NW OF LINE
14N120W TO 23N110W.

$$
FORECASTER AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.