Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:12:57 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 031814
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 03/03/2004
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 007/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 03/03/2004 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 9 (GAFILO) 985 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.6S / 61.3E
(TWELVE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY ONE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-NORTH-WEST 11 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 150 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN30 NM
RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/04 AT 06 UTC:
12.1S / 59.2E, MAX WIND = 55 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/04 AT 18 UTC:
12.0S / 57.2E, MAX WIND = 60 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
HAS TRACKED NORTHWESTWARD DURING LAST HOURS. POTENTIAL OF
INTENSIFICATION
 REMAINS GOOD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.