Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 03:54:30 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 270955
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1000 UTC JANUARY 27 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 0600 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 0900 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
UPPER LOW...NEAR 14N162W NEARLY STATIONARY. WEAKENING UPPER TROUGH
EXTENDS FROM LOW THROUGH 30N149W. ISOLATED CB

ITCZ...ISOLATED CB/TCU WITHIN 70 NM OF LINE 07N153W 04N160W MOVED
WEST 15 KT AND REMAINED SPARSE AND WEAKENED. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 60
NM OF LINE 07N140W 06N146W DISSIPATED.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
SEE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES ABOVE. FOR MORE DETAILS...SEE THE
LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO
HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
NO SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH/CONVERGENCE ZONE...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 125 NM OF LINE 25S142W
18S145W 09S155W 09S173W MOVED WEST 5 KT AND DIMINISHED SLIGHTLY.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
ISOLATED CB WITHIN 65 NM OF LINE 13S173W 15S168W MOVED EAST 10 KT
AND WEAKENED SLIGHTLY.

ELSEWHERE...
WEAK LOW...NEAR 23S156W MOVING WEST 7 KT. BROKEN CUMULUS/ISOLATED
TCU WITHIN 80 NM OF LOW DIMINISHED SLIGHTLY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.