Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 03:23:09 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 230922
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON FEB 23 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004. DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED. IN QUESTION 8 OF THE SURVEY...PLEASE STATE THAT YOU
ARE A USER OF THE EAST PACIFIC TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...AND
WHETHER YOU PREFER THE OLD OR THE PROPOSED NEW VERSION.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 23/0600 UTC...
..COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 32N117W TO 27N115W 20N119W.  FRONT IS
   MOVING EAST AT 15 KT.
..WEAK RIDGE BETWEEN 13N AND 20N.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 0915 UTC...AXIS OF
ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 3N77W
4N100W 4N130W 6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 3N TO 6N BETWEEN
122W-126W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER BAJA
CALIFORNIA AND THE SEA OF CORTEZ N OF 26N. WSR-88D DATA FROM
YUMA ARIZONA INDICATED MODERATE TO HEAVY PRECIPITATION OVER THE
NORTHERN SEA OF CORTEZ AND THE BAJA PENINSULA EXTENDING
NORTHWARD INTO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND ARIZONA. THE POTENTIAL
EXISTS FOR FLASH FLOODING IN THE AREA. REFER TO WARNINGS AND
STATEMENTS FROM WFO PHOENIX FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS.

BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ELSEWHERE NORTH OF THE FRONT...AND
FROM 15N TO 25N W OF 120W.

$$
FORECASTER FORMOSA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.