Subject: Pacific-SW: And South Pacific Oceans Reissued/160930z-170600zmar2004//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:27:38 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 160930
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN/
AND SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/160930Z-170600ZMAR2004//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.8N4 140.1E6,
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 6.4N0 137.5E6, APPROXIMATELY 190 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF PALAU. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY
REVEALS A BETTER DEFINED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)
BENEATH THE DEEP CONVECTION. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES GOOD
DIFFLUENCE ALOFT WITH WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE REGION,
INDICATING A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR FURTHER INTENSIFICATION.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 18 TO 22 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1004 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1) TO GOOD.
FORECAST TEAM: MOHAMMED/JACOBS/SCHULTZ/HEILER//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.