Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 03:14:51 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 210915
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE 20 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

THE TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER/TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER IS CONSIDERING
CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THIS PRODUCT. A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED
CHANGES AND AN EXAMPLE ARE POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:
WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/NEWTWDFORMAT.SHTML (ALL LOWERCASE). THE
EVALUATION PERIOD WILL END APRIL 30 2004.  DURING THIS PERIOD WE
ENCOURAGE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS. A LINK
TO A FEEDBACK FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE GIVEN ABOVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP US TO DETERMINE PRODUCT QUALITY...IF
MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED...AND WHETHER THE PROPOSED CHANGES WILL
BE ADOPTED.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 21/0600 UTC...
..A HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE EXTENDS FROM 32N130W TO 25N140W.
   ANOTHER RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM 32N130W TO 22N115W.
   ANTICYCLONIC FLOW COVERS THE AREA NORTH OF 15N WEST
   OF 110W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 21/0900 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
5N77W 8N100W 8N120W 5N130W 4N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
60-90 NM WIDE BETWEEN 123W AND 125W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATES A SHARP UPPER LEVEL TROUGH
FROM CENTRAL BAJA EXTENDING SOUTHWESTWARD TO NEAR 10N130W.
AN AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED
CONVECTION IS LOCATED NORTH OF 10N EAST OF THE TROUGH TO 100W.

$$
COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.