Subject: Pacific-NC: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:55:43 -0600

ACPA40 PHFO 162155
TWDPA

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2200 UTC FEBRUARY 16 2004

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...FROM 30N TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 140W AND 180
CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC...FROM 25S TO EQUATOR BETWEEN 120W AND 180

BASED ON METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS THROUGH 1800 UTC AND SATELLITE
IMAGERY THROUGH 2100 UTC. MOVEMENTS AND TRENDS PAST 24 HOURS
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
FRONT...THROUGH 30N177E 25N170E MOVING EAST 25 KT. OVERCAST
LAYERS/SHOWERS WITHIN 100 NM OF FRONT.

MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...
REMNANT FRONTAL CLOUD BAND OVER THE BIG ISLAND EXTENDS 1000 MILES
WEST OF KONA. SCATTERED TO BROKEN CUMULUS/STRATOCUMULUS ALONG CLOUD
BAND. FOR DETAILS...SEE THE LATEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE
INTERPRETATION MESSAGE WITH WMO HEADER ATHW40 PHFO AND AWIPS HEADER
HFOSIMHI.

NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...KURE ATOLL TO NIHOA INCLUDING MIDWAY...
FRONT...THROUGH 28N1140W 23N144W CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO
19N154W. FRONT MOVING EAST 15 KT. SHEAR LINE STATIONARY. OVERCAST
LAYERS/SHOWERS WITHIN 100 NM OF FRONT.

JOHNSTON ISLAND...
NO SIGNIFICANT FEATURES/WEATHER.

ELSEWHERE...
ITCZ...ISOLATED CB WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 10N151W 06N140W MOVED WEST
10 KT AND REMAINED VERY SPARSE WITH LITTLE CHANGE IN INTENSITY.
SPARSE ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 03N171W 06N180 ARE NEARLY
STATIONARY AND INTENSIFIED SLIGHTLY.

CENTRAL SOUTH PACIFIC

TROPICAL CYCLONES/DISTURBANCES...
NONE.

OTHER SIGNIFICANT FEATURES...
TROUGH...THROUGH 22S180 25S174W NEARLY STATIONARY. BROKEN LAYERS
ALONG TROUGH.

AMERICAN SAMOA AND THE INDEPENDENT STATE OF SAMOA...
AREA OF ISOLATED WITHIN 145 NM OF LINE 16S175W 11S180 REFORMED
SOUTHWEST 10 KT AND INTENSIFIED. NO SIGNIFICANT WEATHER CURRENTLY
ACROSS THE SAMOAN ISLANDS.

ELSEWHERE...
UPPER LOW..NEAR 11S161W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED CB WITHIN 325 NM
OF 15S158W CHANGED LITTLE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.