Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 16:04:59 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 312205
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED 31 DEC 2003

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 31/1800 UTC...
..1012 MB LOW NEAR 28N125W...TROUGH TO OCCLUDED 1009 MB LOW
NEAR 28N119W...WITH OCCLUDED FRONT THROUGH 27N116W 25N116W
22N118W...THEN AS A COLD FRONT THROUGH 17N127W.
..1022 MB HIGH NEAR 32N137W.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 31/2100 UTC...
AXIS OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG
4N77W 6N100W 7N110W 8N120W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION
60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 118W TO 126W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG 150 NM EITHER SIDE OF A
LINE FROM THE WEST COAST OF MEXICO NEAR 20N105W THROUGH 15N110W
9N118W. CLOUDINESS ASSOCIATED WITH MAJOR SHORTWAVE
TROUGH/SUPPORTING JET APPROACHING BAJA COAST.

WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS EMBEDDED IN AREA OF OVERCAST
MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITHIN 150 NM OF COLD FRONT N OF 25N.

$$
FORECASTER ROBERTS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.