Subject: Indian-N: Storm Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:22:36 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 031225
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 03/03/2004
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 006/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 03/03/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 9 (GAFILO) 985 HPA
POSITION:           13.1S / 62.3E
(THIRTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY TWO DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST 17 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP TO
 180 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50 KT AND HIGH SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN30 NM
RADIUS
OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 180 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/03/04 AT 00 UTC:
13.0S / 58.9E, MAX WIND = 55 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/03/04 AT 12 UTC:
13.4S / 56.6E, MAX WIND = 65 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
GAFILO KEEPS ON TRACKING WESTWARDS, AND SHOULD MAINTAIN THIS
DIRECTION
OVER NEXT DAYS. POTENTIAL OF INTENSIFICATION REMAINS GOOD.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.