Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 04/02/2004

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:55:55 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 040600
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 04/02/2004
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 032/07 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 04/02/2004 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONE 7 (FRANK) 942 HPA
POSITION:           18.5S / 70.4E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 3 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 220 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, MORE
COMPACT
IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/85 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS WITHIN 25 NM
RADIUS OF
 THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 120 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 220 NM IN THE NORTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 180
NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 250 NM IN THE NORTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/04 AT 18 UTC:
19.2S / 70.2E, MAX WIND = 80 KT.
24H, VALID 2004/02/05 AT 06 UTC:
20.3S / 70.8E, MAX WIND = 75 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
FRANK HAS STATED TO TRACK SLOWLY SOUTHWARD. AFTER ITS INTENSIFICATION
OF
LAST NIGHT, FRANK SHOULD START TO WEAKEN DURING THIS DAY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.