Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 06:08:02 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 081217
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 08/02/2004
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 048/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    08/02/2004 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-ELITA) 995 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.1S / 52.9E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          QUASI-STATIONARY

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FAR FROM THE CENTRE MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE
,  BUT NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
BETWEEN
60NM AND 150NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND
BETWEEN100 NM AND 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE, IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE,
REACHING LOCALLY GA
LE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2004/02/09 AT 00 UTC:
26.1S / 53.2E, MAX WIND = 35 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2004/02/09 AT 12 UTC:
26.0S / 53.6E, MAX WIND = 35 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
SECONDARY LOWS REMAIN VISIBLE AROUND THE MAIN LOW  WHICH IS
ASATIONNARY.
STRONG WINDS EXTEND FAR FROM THE CENTRE, DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT
AND
MAINLY IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.