Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:24:01 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 060324
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE 06 JAN 2004

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 32N TO THE EQUATOR...EAST OF 140W.

SPECIAL FEATURES...
NONE.

SURFACE SYNOPTIC ANALYSIS VALID 06/0000 UTC...
..HIGH PRES RIDGE EXTENDS THROUGH 32N128W TO 23N138W.
..A COLD FRONT EXTENDS THROUGH 32N139W TO BEYOND 30N140W.
   THE FRONT IS MOVING SE AT 15 TO 20 KT.

INTERPRETATION OF SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 06/0300 UTC...AXIS
OF ITCZ RELATED CLOUDS AND CONVECTION IS CENTERED ALONG 5N78W
5N91W 4N110W 8N116W 6N126W 6N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION
IS WITHIN A 30 NM RADIUS OF 4.5N91W AND WITHIN 120 NM OF THE
AXIS FROM 113W TO 125W.

ELSEWHERE S OF 32N...
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM
11N114W TO 13N112W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS WITHIN 30 NM OF
LINE 13N106W-11N108W. WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED ALONG AND WITHIN 90 NM EAST OF
THE COLD FRONT.

$$
FORECASTER BROWN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.