Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:06:57 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 150306
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE FEB 15 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0300 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE IS ALONG THE LINE 4N77W 4N110W 
6N140W. 
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITH ISOLATED STRONG 
CONVECTION IS FOUND WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE ITCZ FROM 
93W TO 100W.

DISCUSSION...
TROUGH IS OVER THE AREA NW OF A LINE THROUGH 32N120W TO 
19N140W.  AN ASSOCIATED SURFACE COLD FRONT IS ALONG THE LINE 
THROUGH 32N125W TO 18N140W.  WITHIN 700 NM SE OF THE ABOVE LINE 
UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST MIDDLE AND UPPER 
LEVEL CLOUDS ARE STREAMING NORTHEAST OVER THE NORTHWEST PART OF 
MEXICO AND THE SOUTHWEST UNITED STATES.  SCATTERED TO LOCALLY 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE NORTH OF THE FRONT.  A FEW SHOWERS ARE 
ALONG THE FRONT NORTH OF 28N.  DRY AIR IS OBSERVED ALOFT BEHIND 
THE FRONT.

EAST OF A LINE THROUGH 24N105W TO 20N120W TO THE EQUATOR AT 130W 
THE UPPER LEVELS ARE DRY WITH IMPLIED UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE.  
THE DRIEST AIR IS EAST OF 120W.  THE EXCEPTION TO THIS IS THE 
AREA OF CONVECTION MENTIONED IN THE ITCZ SECTION WHICH IS 
RELEASING UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE AND CLOUDINESS WITHIN THE AREA 
FROM 3.5N TO 8.5N FROM 90W TO 100W.  OTHERWISE MOSTLY CLEAR 
SKIES ARE WITHIN THIS AREA.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.