Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:12:11 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 101211
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 10/02/2005
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 006/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  10/02/2005 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 14 1004 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.0S / 53.4E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY THREE DECIMAL FOUR
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST 5 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP
TO 250 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
FROM
 THE CENTRE, LOCALLY REACHING 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS  IN THE EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/11 AT 00 UTC:
18.4S / 53.0E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/11 AT 12 UTC:
18.6S / 53.8E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS, THE SYSTEM SHOULD REMAIN AT A WEAK
INTENSITY
NORTH OF MASCAREIGNES ISLANDS.

SYSTEM INTENSITY DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR WARNINGS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.