Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:55:31 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 280355
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI JAN 28 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0315 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 3N77W 3N118W 6N140W.
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS E OF 81W AND W OF 132W.

..DISCUSSION...
A SHORTWAVE TROUGH AXIS LIES ALONG 32N109W 20N108W THEN SW TO A
SMALL CYCLONE NEAR 9N115W WHICH APPEARS TO BE CUTTING OFF FROM
THE TROUGH WHICH IS SWINGING NE. A TROPICAL SHORTWAVE RIDGE IS
NOTED OVER THE W PORTION FROM 6N135W TO A GENTLE CREST ALONG
28N140W 31N130W 31N117W. AN UPPER LEVEL ANTICYCLONE IS CENTERED
NEAR 7N93W WITH A RIDGE EXTENDING N TO WELL BEYOND 32N87W WITH
ITS AXIS SHIFTING E WITH TIME.

A BAND OF UPPER MOISTURE IS MOVING ACROSS THE WESTERN RIDGE
WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 25N140W 28N127W 27N115W. AT
THE LOW LEVELS A COLD FRONT IS LOSING IDENTITY ALONG 32N128W TO
NEAR 26N140W.

THE REMAINDER OF THE REGION IS DOMINATED BY DRY UPPER AIR
SUPPRESSING CONVECTION TO ONLY THE ISOLATED CELLS ALONG THE ITCZ.

$$
NELSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.