Subject: Indian-N: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:49:21 -0600

ABIO10 PGTW 121800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
/OCEAN/121800Z-131800ZFEB2005//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.2S1
55.4E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.9S8 59.2E6, APPROXIMATELY 120 NM
NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES GOOD ORGANIZATION OVER A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER. CONVECTION HAS DIMINISHED OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. UPPER
LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES A MODERATELY FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT OF
FAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW AND LOW TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. THE JTWC HOMEPAGE WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FROM APPROXIMATELY 150200Z8
TO 150830Z7FEB DUE TO MAINTENANCE.
FORECAST TEAM: ALPHA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.