Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:18:34 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 110918
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC FRI FEB 11 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0900 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...EQ83W 5N90W 2N107W 8N122W 
6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
W OF 115W 
MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGE N OF 15N W OF 130W WITH 90-100 KT JET 
STREAM FROM 32N134W SE TO 23N126W. MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH COVERS 
THE AREA FROM 130W TO 115W WITH AXIS ALONG 121W. CYCLONIC 
CIRCULATION LOCATED NEAR 28N121W MOVING TO THE NE. MODERATE TO 
STRONG SUBSIDENCE...DRY AIR ALOFT...N OF 10N W OF 120W EXCEPT 
WITHIN ABOUT 240 NM OF CYCLONIC CIRCULATION. SURFACE LOW PRESS 
CENTER...1002 MB...AT 28N121W WITH TROUGH EXTENDING FROM LOW TO 
18N118W TO 6N123W. 1020 MB HIGH PRES CENTER NEAR 29N134W. WIDELY 
SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 180 NM OF CYCLONIC CIRCULATION AND E OF 
TROUGH AXIS BETWEEN 120W AND 115W.

E OF 115W
MID/UPPER ANTICYCLONIC FLOW DOMINATES THE AREA. A 105-120 KT JET 
STREAM EXTENDS FROM 21N118W INTO NORTHERN BAJA PENINSULA AND 
INTO ARIZONA. THE JET IS PUMPING LOTS OF TROPICAL MOISTURE INTO 
THE SW U.S...OTHERWISE MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE/DRY AIR 
COVERS THE AREA S OF 20N E OF 110W.

HIGH PRES BUILDING S BEHIND A COLD FRONT IN THE SW GULF OF 
MEXICO WILL CONTINUE GALE FORCE WIND ACROSS GULF TEHUANTEPEC 
THROUGH THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HR.

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.