Subject: Indian-S: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:57:21 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 310017
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 31/01/2005 AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 015/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: MONDAY    31/01/2005 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11 (EX-FELAPI) 996 HPA 
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.0S / 50.8E 
(TWENTY THREE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
 EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          QUASI-STATIONARY

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 250 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE MAINLY IN THE
 NORTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS FROM THE
CENTER.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/31 AT 12 UTC: 
23.7S / 51.6E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/01 AT 00 UTC: 
25.2S / 50.8E, MAX WIND = 35 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
SYSTEM HAS WELL RE-ORGANIZED LAST FEW HOURS.
IT IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE INTENSIFYING NEXT FEW HOURS AND STAY BETWEEN
MADAGASCAR AND MASCAREIGNES ISLANDS  AND THEN TO KEEP ON TRACKING
SOUTHWARDS WITHIN 24 HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.