Subject: FIJI: Hurricane Warning 021 Issued From Rsmc Nadi Feb 05/1922 Utc 2005 Utc.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:29:36 -0600

WHPS01 NFFN 051800    
Hurricane Warning 021 issued from RSMC NADI Feb 05/1922 UTC 2005 UTC.

Tropical Cyclone MEENA centre [940 hPa] was located near 16 decimal 7 South 162
decimal 3 West at 051800 UTC. Position fair.

Repeat position 16.7S 162.3W at 051800 UTC. 

Cyclone moving southeast at about 13 knots. Cyclone intensifying.

Expect sustained winds of 90 knots close to the centre increasing to 100 knots
in the next 12 to 24 hours.

Expect winds over 63 knots within 30 miles of centre,
         over 47 knots within 70 miles of centre and
         over 33 knots within 120 miles of centre extending 200 miles in the
         northeast quadrant.

Forecast position near 18.8S 161.2W at 060600 UTC.
              and near 21.4S 159.6W at 061800 UTC.

Ships within 300 miles of centre are requested to send reports every three hours
to RSMC Nadi. VOS reporting ships use normal channels. Other vessels fax plus
679 6720190 or email naditcc at met dot gov dot fj. 

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 020.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.