Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 03:19:01 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 280918
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC FRI JAN 28 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0845 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS ALONG 3N78W 4N100W 4N120W
7N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION NEAR 7N137W.

.OTHER CONVECTION..ISOLATED STRONG NEAR 5N77W ON COLOMBIAN COAST.

..DISCUSSION...

.W OF 110W...
STRONG ZONAL PATTERN HIGHLIGHTS THE UPPER PATTERN TONIGHT. A 110
KT JET CONTINUES ALONG 28N PUSHING A SHORTWAVE TROUGH INLAND
OVER MEXICO. A SECOND SHORTWAVE TROUGH IS LOCATED JUST W OF THE
REGION ALONG 147W AND WILL MOVE INTO THE AREA IN THE NEXT 24 HR.
THE JET IS CUTTING ACROSS A WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N125W TO
26N130W THAT IS PART OF A LARGE CYCLONIC CIRCULATION N OF THE
AREA OFF THE N CA COAST. THE FRONT IS DISSIPATING AND HAS ONLY A
NARROW BAND OF MID/LOW CLOUDS WITH IT AND POSSIBLY LIGHT
PRECIPITATION.

S OF THE JET A LARGE FLAT UPPER RIDGE IS PARKED S OF 20N. WATER
VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS VERY DRY CONDITIONS THROUGHOUT THE RIDGE AND
ONLY ISOLATED WEAK CONVECTION NEAR 14N118W. THE RIDGE IS
SUPPRESSING THE CONVECTION ON THE ITCZ AND THE ONLY ACTIVITY IS
LOCATED NEAR 7N137W.

.E OF 110W...
AN UPPER TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 17N100W SW TO 7N110W. THE TROUGH IS
NEARLY STATIONARY WITH LIMITED HIGH LEVEL MOISTURE AND NO
CONVECTION.

A LARGE UPPER RIDGE CONTINUES OVER THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA
FROM THE GALAPAGO ISLANDS ACROSS CENTRAL AMERICA. WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY SHOWS VERY DRY CONDITIONS IN THE UPPER ATMOSPHERE
THROUGHOUT THIS AREA.  NO CONVECTION IS NOTED ALONG THE ITCZ E
OF 110W. SOME ISOLATED CONVECTION IS NOTED ALONG THE COLOMBIAN
COAST FROM 4N77W TO 5N77W.

THE LATEST SATELLITE IR IMAGERY SHOWS LOW AND MID CLOUDS MOVING
INTO NICARAGUA..COSTA RICA..AND PANAMA FROM THE CARIBBEAN. THE
CLOUDS ARE PUSHING UP AGAINST THE MOUNTAINS OVER THE INTERIOR
WITH SOME MID CLOUDS SPILLING OVER INTO THE PACIFIC AREA NEAR
THE COSTA RICAN/PANAMA BORDER.  OTHER LOW/MID CLOUDS ARE MOVING
W ALONG THE N COAST OF HONDURAS INTO BELIZE.

$$
RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.