Subject: FIJI: Hurricane Warning 021 Issued From Rsmc Nadi Jan 09/0128 Utc 2005 Utc.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:30:26 -0600

WHPS01 NFFN 090100
Hurricane Warning 021  issued from RSMC NADI Jan 09/0128 UTC 2005 UTC.

COPY OF HURRICANE WARNING ISSUED FROM BRISBANE, JAN 09/0020 UTC 2005.
Tropical Cyclone KERRY centre [970 hPa] was located near 18 decimal 3 South 159
decimal 4 East at 090000 UTC. Position Good.

Repeat position 18.3S 159.4E at 090000 UTC.

Cyclone near stationary.

Expect sustained winds of 65 knots close to the centre.

Expect winds over 47 knots within 60 miles of centre and over 33 knots within
120 miles of centre and gradually extending out to 200 miles in the southwest
quadrant.

Forecast position near 18.0S 158.7E at 091200 UTC.
              and near 17.8S 157.5E at 100000 UTC.

Ships within 300 miles of centre are requested to send reports every three hours
to RSMC Nadi. VOS reporting ships use normal channels. Other vessels fax plus
679 6720190 or email naditcc at met dot gov dot fj.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 020.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY FOR WARNINGS ON TROPICAL CYCLONE KERRY RESTS WITH
BRISBANE.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.