Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 05:52:21 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 251230
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
/AND SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUE/251230Z-260600ZFEB2005//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/250751ZFEB2005//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3.3N6
177.9E4 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 3.3N6 177.7E2, APPROXIMATELY 440 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF MAJURO. ANIMATED ENHANCED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY DURING THE
PAST 06 HOURS REVEALS AN OVERALL DECREASE AND FRAGMENTATION OF DEEP
CONVECTION. A 250629Z4 QUIKSCAT PASS DEPICTS BROAD TROUGHING ASSOCI-
ATED WITH THE NORTHEAST MONSOON. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES AN
ENVIRONMENT OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND DECREASING 850 MB
VORTICITY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 250600Z3, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 20P WAS LOCATED NEAR
8.6S4 177.6W1, APPROXIMATELY 450 NM NORTHWEST OF WESTERN SAMOA, AND
HAD TRACKED EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 06 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 250900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: DOWNGRADE PARA 1.B.(1) TO POOR AND
UPDATE ALL OTHER AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.