Subject: Indian-S: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 06:45:12 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 011224
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 01/02/2005 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 018/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   01/02/2005 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SUBTROPICAL DEPRESSION 11 (FELAPI) 999 HPA 
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.0S / 49.5E 
(TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FORTY NINE DECIMAL FIVE
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH 5 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP
TO 160 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE TO GALE FORCE WINDS 30/35 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/02 AT 00 UTC: 
27.6S / 49.6E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/02 AT 12 UTC: 
27.7S / 48.6E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
EX-FELAPI  IS GETTING CLOSER TO HIGH PRESSURES AND WITH THE GRADIENT
EFFECT, WINDS ARE STRONGER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. EX-FELAPI IS NOW
EXPECTED TO REMAIN SOUTH OF MADAGASCAR DURING NEXT 24 HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.