Subject: NewZealand: This Affects Ocean Area/s: Pacific

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:35:41 -0600

WHNZ41 NZKL 181933
HURRICANE WARNING 197
THIS AFFECTS OCEAN AREA/S: PACIFIC
COPY OF HURRICANE WARN 079 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI FEB 18/1918 UTC 2005
UTC
TROPICAL CYCLONE OLAF [950 HPA] CENTRE WAS LOCATED NEAR 25 DECIMAL 0
SOUTH 160 DECIMAL 9 WEST AT 181800 UTC.
POSITION FAIR.
REPEAT POSITION 25.0S 160.9W AT 181800 UTC.
CYCLONE MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEAST 20 KNOTS AND EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY
TURN TOWARDS THE SOUTH. CYCLONE WEAKENING.
EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 80 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE, DECREASING TO
70 KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 63 KNOTS WITHIN 30 MILES OF CENTRE,
             OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 90 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 60 MILES ELSEWHERE,
             OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 400 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 180 NAUTICAL MILES OF CENTRE
ELSEWHERE.
FORECAST POSITION NEAR 27.0S 160.6W AT 190600 UTC
              AND NEAR 29.0S 160.4W AT 191800 UTC.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUTURE WARNINGS ON TC OLAF WILL NOW REST
WITH TCWC WELLINGTON.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 193.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.