Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:12:24 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 170611
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 17/02/2005
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 027/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  17/02/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 14 1004 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.0S / 52.0E
(TWENTY TWO DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES  EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          QUASI-STATIONARY

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 300 NM RADIOUS OF THE CENTER, MAINLY IN
THE
 EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 15/20 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 80
NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, LOCALLY REACHING 25/30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY
ROUGH
SEAS  BETWEEN 60 NM AND 250 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/17 AT 18 UTC:
22.0S / 51.6E, MAX WIND = 20 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/18 AT 06 UTC:
21.9S / 51.2E, MAX WIND = 20 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE CENTRE HAS BEEN QUASISTATIONARY DURING THE LAST HOURS.
THE ENVIRONMENT OF THE SYSTEM IS UNFAVORABLE TO INTENSIFICATION.
THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO  TRACK SLOWLY WESTWARDS OVER THE NEXT 48
HOURS
, ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH BUILDING IN THE
SOUTHWEST,
 PROGRESSIVELY FILLING UP.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.