Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 06:13:41 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 011212
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 01/01/2005
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 039/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  01/01/2005 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SUBTROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (CHAMBO) 1000 HPA
POSITION:           28.0S / 67.8E
(TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL
EIGHT
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH 9 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER,  EXTENDING
UP
TO 250 NM FROM THE CENTER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT, AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS , REACHING
LOCALLY
 50 KT IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, WITHIN 130 NM RADIUS OF THE
CENTER,
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING UP TO 210 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/02 AT 00 UTC:
30.0S / 68.0E, MAX WIND = 35 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/01/02 AT 12 UTC:
32.2S / 68.6E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGER WINDS EXIST FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEAST OF THE
SYSTEM.
THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO TRACK GLOBALLY SOUTHWARDS   THEN EVACUATE
WITH
THE TROUGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.