Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:23:44 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 301800 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
/OCEAN CORRECTED/301800ZJAN-311800ZJAN2005//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/301351ZJAN2005//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.0S3
71.3E1 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.6S2 69.4E9, APPROXIMATELY 730 NM
EAST-NORTHEAST OF MAURITIUS. RECENT QUIKSCAT IMAGERY DEPICTS AN
ELONGATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). ANIMATED MULTI-
SPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE CONVECTION CONTIN-
UES TO ORGANIZE OVER THE LLCC. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS REVEALS LOW
TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND MODERATE OUTFLOW. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002 MB. BASED ON IM-
PROVING ORGANIZATION THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIG-
NIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
SEE REF A (WTXS21 PGTW 301400) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR CORRECTION: CORRECTED BULLETIN VALID TIME.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.