Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 21/01/2005

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:20:28 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 210619
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 21/01/2005
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 015/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    21/01/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DEPRESSION 9 (EX-DAREN) 998 HPA
POSITION:           16.8S / 66.4E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SIX DECIMAL FOUR
DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST 12 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING
UP TO
 300 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 70 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/21 AT 18 UTC:
17.0S / 63.9E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/01/22 AT 06 UTC:
17.2S / 61.5E, MAX WIND = 28 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DAREN UNDERGOES A MODERATE  NORTHNORTHWESTERLY WINDSHEAR. THE CENTER
IS
FULLY EXPOSED ON THE NORTHWESTERN EDGE OF THE RESIDUAL CONVECTION.
THE
SYSTEM IS MEETING DRY ENVIRONMENT UNFAVORABLE TO REINTENSIFICATION.
IT IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON TRACKING GENERALLY WEST TO
WEST-SOUTHWESTWARDS
ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES AND WEAKENING.
NWP
 AGRRE TO TRACK IT IN THE VICINITY OF MASCAREIGNES ISLANDS.
STRONGER WINDS EXIST FAR IN THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO GRADIENT
EFFECT WITH SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.