Subject: FIJI: Part 01

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:36:50 -0600

WTPS11 NFFN 071800
PART 01

TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ADVISORY NUMBER A12 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI
JAN 07/2010 UTC 2005 UTC.

TROPICAL CYCLONE KERRY CENTRE [975HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 17.6S 162.3E
AT 071800 UTC.  POSITION FAIR BASED ON GOES9 EIR IMAGERY WITH
ANIMATION, 1426Z AMSUB DATA AND PERIPERAL SURFACE OBSERVATIONS.
CYCLONE APPEARS TO HAVE TURNED WESTWARD AND SLOWED SLIGHTLY IN PAST 3
HOURS, ALTHOUGH 24HR AVERAGE MOVEMENT REMAINS WEST SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT
15 KNOTS.  MAXIMUM 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS NEAR THE CENTRE ESTIMATED
AT ABOUT 60 KNOTS DECREASING TO 50 KNOTS IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.  WINDS
OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 40 MILES OF CENTRE AND OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 120
MILES OF CENTRE IN SOUTHEASTERN SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 60 MILES OF
CENTRE IN NORTHWESTERN SEMICIRCLE.

SYSTEM ORGANISATION CONTINUED TO IMPROVE DURING PAST 24 HOURS WITH
EXPANSION OF CDO DURING PAST 3 HOURS. SST AROUND 30C. LLCC EMBEDDED
IN LG SHADE GIVES DT=4.5. FT BASED ON MET AND PT=

END PART 01

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.