Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:22:22 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 092122
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED FEB 09 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1800 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
2000 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N78W  5N84W  11N120W  6N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS FROM 
115W TO 120W.

DISCUSSION...

W OF 120W 
MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH COVERS MOST OF AREA WITH CYCLONIC 
CIRCULATION AT 33N130W.  MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE...DRY 
AIR...S OF 20N W OF 125W. 
AT THE SURFACE...LOW PRES CENTER AT 15N123W WITH TROUGH TO 
22N123W INCREASING WIND SPEEDS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH. COLD 
FRONT ENTERS AREA FROM 32N131W TO 26N140W.  

E OF 120W
.LOW PRES CENTER 1007 MB 16N121W WITH TROUGH TO 21N127W.   
WITHIN 120 NM NW OF LOW PRES CENTER  WIND TO 30 KT WITH HIGHER 
GUSTS.  LOW WILL MOVE NE 15-20 KT.
MID/UPPER ANTICYCLONIC FLOW THROUGHOUT AREA E OF 115W.UPPER 
PACIFIC MOISTURE MOVING INTO CENTRAL AND NORTHERN MEXICO. 
MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE 
/DRY AIR S OF 20N E OF 105W. 

MODERATE TO STRONG WIND OVER GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND PANAMA 
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE NEXT 36-48 HRS.  MERGING SWELLS WITH 
TEHUANTEPEC GALE TO INCREASE SEAS SIGNIFICANTLY. 

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.