Subject: Indian-S: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 06:20:08 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 041203
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 04/02/2005 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 027/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    04/02/2005 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12 (GERARD) 975 HPA 
POSITION:           26.5S / 57.7E 
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL SEVEN
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH 13 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN100 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP
TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTER.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
FROM THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 100 NM IN THE  SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/05 AT 00 UTC: 
29.2S / 58.0E, MAX WIND = 55 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/05 AT 12 UTC: 
31.9S / 59.6E, MAX WIND = 45 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE INTENSITY OF THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN STATIONARY DURING THE LAST HOURS,
BUT IS EXPECTED TO RAPIDLY DECREASE SUFFERING FROM A UPPER LEVEL STRONG
NORTHWESTERLY FLOW .
IT IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON   SOUTHWARDS THEN EVACUATE WITH THE TROUGH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.