Subject: FIJI: Tropical Disturbance Advisory Number B26 Issued From Rsmc Nadi

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:58:36 -0600

WTPS12 NFFN 180600    
Tropical Disturbance Advisory Number B26  issued from RSMC NADI
Feb 18/0756 UTC 2005 UTC.

TROPICAL CYCLONE OLAF CENTRE [925HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 21.4S 162.7W
AT 180600 UTC.  POSITION FAIR BASED ON GOES 9 EIR IMAGERY WITH
ANIMATION. CYCLONE MOVING SOUTHEAST  20 KNOTS AND EXPECTED TO
ACCELERATE FURTHER WHILST TURNING TOWARDS THE SOUTH. 10-MINUTE
AVERAGE WINDS NEAR THE CENTRE ESTIMATED AT 100 KNOTS, DECREASING TO
90 KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. EXPECT WINDS ABOVE 63 KNOTS
WITHIN 30 MILES OF THE CENTRE, WINDS ABOVE 47 KNOTS WITHIN 90 MILES
OF THE CENTRE IN THE EASTERN SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 60 MILES
ELSEWHERE, WINDS ABOVE 33 KNOTS WITHIN 200 MILES OF THE CENTRE IN THE
EASTERN SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 120 MILES OF THE CENTRE ELSEWHERE.  

EYE BEGINNING TO LOSE DEFINITION. WARM AIR INTRUDING INTO SOUTHWEST
QUADRANT PAST 6 TO 12 HOURS. DEEP CONVECTION DECREASED SPATIALLY PAST
6 TO 12 HOURS, ATTRIBUTED TO DIURNAL INFLUENCE AND INCREASING SHEAR.
ORGANISATION AND OUTFLOW REMAIN GOOD. DVORAK ASSESSMENT BASED ON B
EYE IN LG SURROUND YIELDING DT=5.0, MET=5.5 AND PT=5.0. CI KEPT AT 6;
FT BASED ON MET: T5.5/6.0/W0.5/24HRS. OLAF REMAINS IN A REGION OF
STRONG DIFFLUENCE AIDED BY A SHORT-WAVE TROUGH TO THE WEST. GLOBAL
MODELS GENERALLY AGREE ON A SOUTHEAST TRACK WITH GRADUAL WEAKENING.  

FORECASTS:
12HRS VALID AT 181800 UTC NEAR 25.1S 162.3W MOV SE 20KT WITH 95KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE.
24HRS VALID AT 190600 UTC NEAR 28.9S 159.4W MOV SE 25KT WITH 90KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE.

OUTLOOK:
36HRS VALID AT 191800 UTC NEAR 31.3S 156.0W MOV SE 20KT WITH 80KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE.
48HRS VALID AT 200600 UTC NEAR 32.5S 153.0W MOV SE 15KT WITH 70KT
CLOSE TO CENTRE.  

THE NEXT TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ADVISORY ON OLAF WILL BE ISSUED AROUND
181430 UTC. 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.