Subject: FIJI: Hurricane Warning 073 Issued From Rsmc Nadi Feb 17/0721 Utc 2005 Utc.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:24:37 -0600

WHPS01 NFFN 170600    
Hurricane Warning 073 issued from RSMC NADI Feb 17/0721 UTC 2005 UTC.

Tropical Cyclone OLAF [915 hPa] centre was located near 16 decimal 7 South 167
decimal 2 West at 170600 UTC.
Position fair.
Repeat position 16.7S 167.2W at 170600 UTC.

Cyclone moving southeast 12 knots.

Expect sustained winds of 120 knots close to the centre, decreasing to 100 knots
in the next 12 to 24 hours.

Expect winds over 63 knots within 30 miles of centre,
             over 47 knots within 60 miles of centre and
             over 33 knots within 180 miles of centre in the eastern semicircle
                       and within 120 nautical miles of centre elsewhere. 

Forecast position near 18.2S 166.5W at 171800 UTC
              and near 21.2S 164.9W at 180600 UTC.

All vessels within 300 nautical miles of centre are requested to send reports
every three hours. VOS reporting ships use normal channels. Other vessels fax
plus 679 6720190 or email naditcc at met dot gov dot fj.

This warning cancels and replaces warning 072.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.