Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:35:33 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 312235
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC MON JAN 31 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1800 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
2115 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W  6N105W  6N120W  8N130W 
7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 126W TO 137W. 
 
DISCUSSION...
W OF 95W...
DEEP LAYER POSITIVELY TILTED LONGWAVE TROUGH WITH AXIS FROM SW 
CONUS THROUGH 30N110W TO 14N140W.  UPPER LEVEL JET CORE OF 100 
KT ADVECTS ABUNDANT AMOUNT OF TROPICAL MOISTURE ACROSS E PAC 
BASIN INTO CENTRAL MEXICO AND GULF COASTAL STATES WITH SOME 
WATER FINALLY AVAILABLE FOR WIDELY SCATTERED CONVECTION ALONG 
ITCZ W OF 125W.  MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE N OF TROUGH AXIS 
E OF 135W.  
  
AT THE SURFACE...BROAD RIDGE WITH HIGH PRES CENTER AT 33N131W 
PRODUCING STRONG WIND AROUND ITS PERIPHERY WHICH INCLUDES MOST 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 7N W OF 115W. 

E OF 95W...
UPPER LEVEL RIDGE WITH VERY STRONG SUBSIDENCE COVERED VIRTUALLY 
ENTIRE AREA E OF 100W ALL THE WAY THROUGH CARIBBEAN AND NW COAST 
OF SOUTH AMERICA.  

AT THE SURFACE...CONTINUED PASSAGE OF WINDS ACROSS GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO WILL EXTEND TO GULF OF PANAMA NEXT 24 HRS AS HIGH PRES 
BUILDS OVER SW N ATLC.  FRONTAL PASSAGE ACROSS WRN GULF OF 
MEXICO LIKELY TO PRODUCE GALE FORCE WIND OVER GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN NEXT 72 HRS.  

$$
WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.