Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:12:59 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 010011
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 01/01/2005
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 037/06 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  01/01/2005 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 6 (EX-CHAMBO) 995 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 26.6S / 68.5E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY EIGHT DECIMAL FIVE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 9 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER,  EXTENDING
UP
TO 300 NM FROM THE CENTER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.-EST

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT, AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS , REACHING
LOCALLY
 50 KT IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, WITHIN 130 NM RADIUS OF THE
CENTER,
EXTENDING UP TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 130
NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING UP TO 240 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/01 AT 12 UTC:
27.3S / 67.7E, MAX WIND = 45 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/01/02 AT 00 UTC:
28.2S / 67.1E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGER WINDS EXIST FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTH OF THE
SYSTEM,
 TEMPORARILY INCREASING IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE  DUE TO THE
GRADIENT
EFFECT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES PASSING SOUTH.
THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO TRACK GLOBALLY SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARDS ON THE
NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES  DURING THE NEXT 36
HOURS
 AND THEN CURVE SOUTHWARDS.

BEST WISHES FOR NEW YEAR 2005.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.