Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:58:15 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 020656 CCA
*************** CORRECTIVE **************
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 02/02/2005
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 018/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 02/02/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 12 1002 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 19.8S / 63.3E
(NINETEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY THREE DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 7 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 130 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP
 TO 230 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE SEAS FAR FROM THE CENTRE,
BETWEEN 100 NM AND 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE, ALL SECTORS BUT
SOUTHWESTERN
QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/02 AT 18 UTC:
20.0S / 62.0E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/03 AT 06 UTC:
20.5S / 60.3E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
WARNING REISSUED DUE TO RELOCALISATION AFTER 0600UTC  SURFACE
OBSERVATION
 OF RODRIGUES.

MONSOON DEPRESSION SYSTEM : LARGE LOW LEVEL CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION;
WINDS
ARE WEAK CLOSE TO THE CENTRE, AND BECOME STRONGER FAR FROM THE
CENTRE.
CONVECTION IS BUILDING NEAR THE CENTER DURING THE LAST HOURS.
THE WHOLE SYSTEM (DEPRESSION AND SQUALL LINES ) IS EXPECTED TO TRACK
SOUTHWESTWARDS RATHER SLOWLY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.