Subject: FIJI: 073

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:26:41 -0600

WTPS01 NFFN 311200    
Gale Warning 049 issued from RSMC NADI Jan 31/1323 UTC 2005 UTC.

Tropical Cyclone LOLA centre [992 hPa] was located near 21 decimal 8
South 176 decimal 8 West at 311200 UTC.

Position Poor.

Repeat position 21.8S 176.8W at 311200 UTC.

Cyclone moving southeast at about 15 knots.

Expect sustained winds of 35 to 40 knots close to centre.

Expect winds over 33 knots within 80 miles of centre in sectors from
northeast through east to south and within 60 miles of centre
elsewhere.

Forecast position near 24.3S 175.5W at 010000 UTC.
              and near 27.0S 175.0E at 011200 UTC.

Ships within 300 miles of centre are requested to send reports every
three hours to RSMC Nadi. For Nadi: VOS reporting ships use normal
channels. Other vessels fax plus 679 6720190 or email naditcc at met
dot gov dot fj.

This warning cancels and replaces warning 048.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.