Subject: FIJI: 992

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:07:02 -0600

WTPS01 NFFN 110600
Storm Warning 017 issued from RSMC NADI Jan 11/0703 UTC 2005 UTC.

Tropical Cyclone KERRY centre [975 hPa] was located near 20 decimal 0
South 159 decimal 4 East at 110600 UTC.

Position Good.

Repeat position 20.0S 159.4E at 110600 UTC.

Cyclone moving southeast at about 6 knots.

Expect sustained winds of 60 knots close to centre.

Expect winds over 47 knots within 60 miles of centre and over 33
knots within 120 miles of centre and within 250 miles of centre in
the southwest quadrant.

Forecast position near 20.7S 160.0E at 111800 UTC.
              and near 21.7S 160.0E at 120600 UTC.

Ships within 300 miles of centre are requested to send reports every
three hours to RSMC Nadi. VOS reporting ships use normal channels.
Other vessels fax plus 679 6720190 or email naditcc at met dot gov
dot fj.

This warning cancels and replaces warning 016.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.