Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:37:11 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 261537
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC WED JAN 26 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS...3N78W 5N105W 6N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 120 NM OF 8.4N109W.

OTHER CONVECTION...WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF THE
POINT 17.7N109.6W.

..DISCUSSION...
W OF 105W...
WEAKENING COLD FRONT IS ALONG LINE THROUGH 32N123W TO 25N130W TO
24N135W. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 120 NM E OF THE FRONT
NORTH OF 28.5N.  IN THE MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVELS A LARGE RIDGE
COVERS THIS AREA WEST OF 123W.  UPPER LEVEL DRYNESS IN OBSERVED
BY SATELLITE AND THIS IMPLIES UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE IN THIS
AREA.  WEST OF 123W BESIDES THE ABOVE MENTIONED SHOWERS AND
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MIDDLE AND UPPER CLOUDS WITHIN 120 NM SE OF
THE WEAKENING FRONT THERE ARE BROKEN LOW CLOUDS NORTH OF 25N AND
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS SOUTH OF 25N.

DEEP LAYER TROUGH IS EAST OF 123W WITH AN AXIS ALONG LINE
THROUGH 32N113W TO THE ITCZ NEAR 120W.  UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE
IS WEST OF THE AXIS.  TO THE EAST OF THE AXIS UPPER LEVEL
MOISTURE MARKED BY OVERCAST MIDDLE AND UPPER CLOUDS ARE MOVING
NORTH NORTHEAST OVER NORTHERN MEXICO W OF 102W.  ALL THE
CONVECTION MENTIONED ABOVE IS BEING ENHANCED BY THE APPROACHING
TROUGH.

E OF 105W...
EAST OF 105W SOUTHERLY UPPER FLOW CONTINUES ASSOCIATED WITH THE
WESTERN FLANK OF A LARGE ANTICYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTERED OVER
NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA.  THIS AREA IS CLOUD FREE EXCEPT FOR
BROKEN LOW AND MIDDLE CLOUDS WITHIN THE ITCZ AND SOUTH OF THE
ITCZ.

AT THE SURFACE...WIND CONTINUES TO BLOW ACROSS THE CENTRAL
AMERICAN ISTHMUS WITH 20 KNOTS IN THE PAPAGAYO REGION AND ALSO
THE GULF OF PANAMA.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.