Subject: Indian-S: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:33:09 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 040009
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 04/02/2005 AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 025/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    04/02/2005 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12 985 HPA 
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.6S / 57.3E 
(TWENTY THREE DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 11 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN140 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP
TO 240 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

STORM FORCE WINDS AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS FROM
THE CENTER.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS
FROM THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 45 NM IN THE  EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE
.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/04 AT 12 UTC: 
25.5S / 56.9E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/05 AT 00 UTC: 
28.0S / 56.7E, MAX WIND = 40 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE SYSTEM REMAINS SMALL AND CONTINUE INTENSIFYING.
IT IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON TRACKING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARDS BEFORE HEADING
SOUTHWARDS IN THE  DIRECTION OF THE TROUGH PRESENT TO THE SOUTH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.