Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:22:56 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 242122
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC THU FEB 24 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1800 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
2045 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS IS ALONG 6N78W 4N110W 8N115W 10N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION 90 NM WIDE FROM 118W TO 124W.

DISCUSSION...
BROAD MID/UPPER TROUGH ALONG 104W DOMINATES AREA BETWEEN 95W AND 
115W AND IS  PUMPING TROPICAL MOISTURE INTO MEXICO AND THE U. S. 
A 600NM WIDE BAND MID/UPPER CLOUDS WITH STRONG WEST TO SW WINDS 
IS SEEN FROM 20N110W TO 13N140W.
  
A BROAD NW TO SW RIDGE FROM 12N95W TO 32N140W DOMINATED THE 
UPPER LEVEL. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED 
SHOWERS OVER REST OF THE AREA. A

STRONG SUBSIDENCE AND RESULTANT DRY AIR ALOFT COVERS THE AREA E 
OF 95W.

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.