Subject: NewZealand: This Affects Ocean Area/s: Pacific

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:36:15 -0600

WHNZ41 NZKL 180734
HURRICANE WARNING 189
THIS AFFECTS OCEAN AREA/S: PACIFIC
COPY OF NADY WARN 077 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI FEB 18/0717 UTC 2005 UTC
 
TROPICAL CYCLONE OLAF [925 HPA] CENTRE WAS LOCATED NEAR 21 DECIMAL 4
SOUTH 162 DECIMAL 7 WEST AT 180600 UTC.
POSITION FAIR.
REPEAT POSITION 21.4S 162.7W AT 180600 UTC.
 
CYCLONE MOVING SOUTHEAST 20KT AND EXPECTED TO ACCELERATE FURTHER
WHILST GRADUALLY TURNING TOWARDS THE SOUTH. CYCLONE WEAKENING.
EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 100 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE,
DECREASING TO 90 KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 63 KNOTS WITHIN 30 MILES OF CENTRE,
             OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 90 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE EASTERN
             SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 60 MILES ELSEWHERE,
             OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 200 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE EASTERN
             SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 120 NAUTICAL MILES OF CENTRE
             ELSEWHERE
FORECAST POSITION NEAR 25.1S 162.3W AT 181800 UTC
              AND NEAR 28.9S 158.4W AT 190600 UTC.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.