Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 03:09:13 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 010909
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC TUE FEB 01 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0900 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N77W  6N105W  6N120W  8N130W 
7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 126W TO 137W. 
 
DISCUSSION...
W OF 95W...
DEEP LAYER LONGWAVE TROUGH WITH AXIS FROM SW U.S. THROUGH THE 
BAJA PENINSULA TO 20N130W. UPPER LEVEL JET STREAM WITH WINDS OF 
90 TO 110 KT FROM 15N128W INTO NW MEXICO. THE JET IS ADVECTING 
AN ABUNDANT AMOUNT OF TROPICAL MOISTURE ACROSS E PAC BASIN INTO 
CENTRAL MEXICO AND TEXAS. MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE...DRY
AIR...IS WITHIN THE TROUGH N OF 22N E OF 135W. SURFACE RIDGE 
WITH AXIS FROM 32N132W TO 15N110W.

E OF 95W...
UPPER LEVEL RIDGE WITH VERY STRONG SUBSIDENCE COVERED THE 
ENTIRE AREA E OF 95W. STRONG WINDS CONTINUE ACROSS THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO AND SHIP REPORTS INDICATE THAT THE WINDS HAVE INCREASED 
IN TO THE GULF OF PANAMA.

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.