Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 18/01/2005

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:20:37 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 181818
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 18/01/2005
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 006/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   18/01/2005 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 9 1001 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 11.3S / 81.0E
(ELEVEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND EIGHTY ONE DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 300 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER IN THE
SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTRE
, REACHING LOCALLY NEAR GALE FORCE  30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH
SEAS
MAINLY IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE UNDER CONVECTION . STRONG GUSTS
UNDER
SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/19 AT 06 UTC:
12.1S / 78.8E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/01/19 AT 18 UTC:
13.8S / 76.2E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON TRACKING GLOBVALY
WEST-SOUTHWESTWARDS,
 INTENSIFYING SLOWLY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.