Subject: FIJI: Hurricane Warning 024 Issued From Rsmc Nadi Feb 06/1300 Utc 2005 Utc.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:02:48 -0600

WHPS01 NFFN 061200    
Hurricane Warning 024 issued from RSMC NADI Feb 06/1300 UTC 2005 UTC.

Tropical Cyclone MEENA centre [915 hPa] was located near 19 decimal 7 South 160
decimal 6 West at 061200 UTC. Position fair.

Repeat position 19.7S 160.6W at 061200 UTC. 

Cyclone moving southeast at about 15 knots and expected to gradually accelerate.
Cyclone intensifying.

Expect sustained winds of 115 knots close to the centre increasing to 120 knots
in the next 12 to 24 hours.

Expect winds over 63 knots within 30 miles of centre,
         over 47 knots within 70 miles of centre and
         over 33 knots within 120 miles of centre extending 200 miles in the
         northeast quadrant.

Forecast position near 22.4S 158.4W at 070000 UTC.
              and near 25.1S 155.2W at 071200 UTC.

Ships within 300 miles of centre are requested to send reports every three hours
to RSMC Nadi. VOS reporting ships use normal channels. Other vessels fax plus
679 6720190 or email naditcc at met dot gov dot fj. 

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 023.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.