Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 03:02:22 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 080902
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE FEB 08 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0900 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 1N80W 5N105W 10N125W 6N140W. 
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60NM OF AXIS FROM 117W TO 121W.

DISCUSSION...
W OF 105W...
MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH FROM 32N118W TO UPPER CYCLONIC 
CIRCULATION NEAR 23N127W TROUGH CONTINUES TO 13N131W. A LARGE 
AREA OF MOSTLY UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS E OF THE TROUGH AXIS... 
WITH MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW TSTMS 
FROM 13N TO 18N BETWEEN 114W AND 118W. A SURFACE HIGH PRES 
CENTER IS NEAR 31N133W 1024MB WITH A RIDGE AXIS SE TO NEAR 
20N115W. SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 15N118W TO 7N128W. 

E OF 105W...     
MID/UPPER ANTICYCLONIC FLOW COVERS THE ARE E OF 105W. WITH THE 
EXCEPTION OF SOME HIGH LEVEL MOISTURE MOVING THROUGH SOUTHERN 
MEXICO AND GUATEMALA...SUBSIDENCE/DRY AIR COVER THE AREA E OF 
100W. THE SUBSIDENCE CONTINUES TO SUPPRESS CONVECTION ALONG THE 
ITCZ WITH ONLY ISOLATED SHOWERS.

SURFACE N TO NE WINDS OF 20-25 KT ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE 
THROUGH THROUGH THE GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND PANAMA.

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.