Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:34:41 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 192134
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED JAN 19 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1800 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
2100 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 5N76W 2N90W 6N110W 8N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FOUND FROM 2N TO 4.5N FROM 88W
TO 96W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 100 NM OF THE
POINT 4.5N103W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN
60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 122W TO 135W.

..DISCUSSION...
WEST OF 105W...
A LONGWAVE TROUGH OVER CENTRAL PACIFIC WITH AXIS APPROACHING
140W.  TROUGH IS WEAKENING AND MOVING NORTHEASTWARD.  ANOTHER
TROUGH IS ALONG LINE 32N115W TO CYCLONIC CIRCULATION NEAR
26N116.5W.  TROUGH CONTINUES TO THE ITCZ NEAR 122W.  THE WESTERN
TROUGH IS ADVECTING UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE AND BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS
OVER THE AREA NORTH OF 22N WEST OF 134W.  ELSEWHERE BETWEEN THE
TWO TROUGHS DRY AIR IS OBSERVED IN THE MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVELS
IMPLYING UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE.  CLEAR SKIES ARE FOUND IN THE
AREA BETWEEN THE TROUGHS NORTH OF 20N EAST OF 124W.  BROKEN LOW
LEVEL CLOUDS ARE FOUND FROM 20N TO 26N FROM 125W TO 135W.
ELSEWHERE WITHIN THIS AREA SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE
FOUND.  UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS FLOWING NORTH NORTHEASTWARD OVER
NORTHERN MEXICO TO THE EAST OF THE EASTERN TROUGH.

EAST OF 105W...
WEAK SOUTHERLY FLOW IS OVER THIS AREA AS A RESULT OF THE FLOW
AROUND A LARGE ANTICYCLONE OVER NORTH SOUTH AMERICA.  UPPER
LEVEL DRY CONDITIONS WITH IMPLIED SUBSIDENCE IS IN THIS AREA.

STRONG LOW LEVEL FLOW CONTINUES ACROSS THE CENTRAL AMERICAN
ISTHMUS WITH GALE CONDITIONS IN THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.