Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 11:55:39 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 091800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN/091800Z-101800ZJAN2005//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/091351ZJAN2005//
REF/B/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/091051ZJAN2005//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 091800Z8 TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 01B LOCATED
NEAR 6.4N0 83.5E6, APPROXIMATELY 220 NM EAST OF COLOMBO,
SRI LANKA, HAS TRACKED NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT 04 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 091500)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 090600Z5 TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 09S (SALLY) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 15.0S6 98.7E4, APPROXIMATELY 195 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST
OF THE COCOS ISLANDS, AND HAD TRACKED SOUTHWESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
40 KNOTS GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 090900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.