Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 15:31:42 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 022131
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SUN JAN 02 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1800 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
2115 UTC.

..ITCZ...

ITCZ AXIS ALONG 5N77W 5N100W 6N120W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 132W
AND 136W.

..DISCUSSION...

N OF 15N...
SOUTHERN PART OF A LARGE BROAD MIDDLE/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER
AND OFF THE W COAST OF THE UNITED STATES EXTENDS SOUTHWARD TO
15N E OF 140W INTO MEXICO. THE TROUGH AXIS IS LOCATED ALONG
128W. VERY DRY AIR COVERS THE AREA N OF 25N. A JET WRAPS
CYCLONICALLY AROUND THE TROUGH EXTENDING FROM 26N133W TO 23N120W
AND INTO MEXICO NEAR 30N105W. AT THE SURFACE A WEAK TROUGH IS
LOCATED FROM 27N117W TO 24.5N122.5W TO 19N123W. A COLD FRONT IS
EXPECTED TO MOVE ACROSS THE N CENTRAL PART OF THE DISCUSSION
AREA WITH NW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITHIN 36 HOURS.

S OF 15N...
GENERALLY LIGHT WESTERLY FLOW COVERS THE DEEP TROPICS EXCEPT FOR
A NARROW BAND MODERATE W WINDS ALONG 10N OR 11N BETWEEN 125W AND
140W. WATER VAPOR LOOP SHOWS STRONG SUBSIDENCE E OF 115W.

$$
CAB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.