Subject: FIJI: Hurricane Warning 017 Issued From Rsmc Nadi Feb 05/0105 Utc 2005 Utc.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 19:07:54 -0600

WHPS01 NFFN 050000    
Hurricane Warning 017 issued from RSMC NADI Feb 05/0105 UTC 2005 UTC.

Tropical Cyclone MEENA centre [965 hPa] was located near 14 decimal 7 South 164
decimal 1 West at 050000 UTC. Position fair.

Repeat position 14.7S 164.1W at 050000 UTC. 

Cyclone moving east southeast at about 10 knots and expected to turn southeast.
Cyclone intensifying.

Expect sustained winds of 70 knots close to the centre increasing to 80 knots in
the next 12 to 24 hours.

Expect winds over 63 knots within 30 miles of centre,
         over 47 knots within 70 miles of centre 
         and over 33 knots within 120 miles of centre extending 200 miles in the
         northeast quadrant.

Forecast position near 15.8S 163.2W at 051200 UTC.
              and near 17.5S 162.4W at 060000 UTC.

Ships within 300 miles of centre are requested to send reports every three hours
to RSMC Nadi. VOS reporting ships use normal channels. Other vessels fax plus
679 6720190 or email naditcc at met dot gov dot fj. 

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 016.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.