Subject: Indian-S: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:09:28 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 081808
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 08/02/2005
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 017/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   08/02/2005 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 13 999 HPA
POSITION:           30.0S / 54.7E
(THIRTY DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL SEVEN
DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH 6 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 400NM FROM THE CENTER IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN
QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 25/30 KT AND  ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTER, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT WITH ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
250
NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT, AND REACHING
GALE
FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND HIGH SEAS BETWEEN 60 NM AND 160 NM FROM THE
CENTRE IN THE SOU
THEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/09 AT 06 UTC:
31.5S / 54.5E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/02/09 AT 18 UTC:
33.5S / 55.0E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGEST WINDS ARE MAINLY LOCATED IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT DUE
TO
THE GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES. THOSE  WINDS ARE
EXPECTED TO WEAKEN RAPIDLY AS THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES SHIFTS
EASTWARDS.
THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO EVACUATE SOUTHEASTWARDS.

THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ISSUED ON THIS SYSTEM.
PLEASE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, REFER TO REGULAR GMDSS WARNINGS
(FQIO20)=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.