Subject: Indian-S: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 06:11:50 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 061209
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 06/02/2005
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 008/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    06/02/2005 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DEPRESSION 13 997 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 24.3S / 56.3E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SIX DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 13 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTER, EXTENDING UP TO
180
NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTER.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/07 AT 00 UTC:
25.0S / 55.7E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/07 AT 12 UTC:
25.3S / 54.7E, MAX WIND = 45 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGEST WINDS ARE MAINLY LOCATED IN THE EASTERN SECTOR DUE TO THE
GRADIENT EFFECT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES.
SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON TRACKING SLOWLY SOUTHWESTWARDS ON THE
NORTHERN EDGE OF THE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING BY THE SOUTHWEST.
IT IS EXPECTED INTENSIFYING UNTIL TUESDAY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.