Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:40:07 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 180339
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI FEB 18 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0230 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N78W 5N115W 5N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
A TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 26N123W TO 13N126W. MULTILAYERED CLOUDS 
AND SOME SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE TROUGH N OF 20N. THE 
AREA IS RAPIDLY MOVING INTO BAJA CALIFORNIA.
AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 30N129W TO 20N130W MOVING E 
NE. A LARGE MASS OF CLOUDS AND STRONG SW WINDS IN WITHIN 60 NM E 
OF THE TROUGH. THE REST OF THE AREA IS UNDER SINKING DRY AIR 
SUPRESSING CONVECTION.
A LOW PRESSURE CENTER N OF THE AREA IS CREATING AN AREA OF GALE 
FORCE WINDS AND HEAVY SEAS N OF 27N W OF 135W.
$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.