Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 23/01/2005 At

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:18:12 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 230017
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 23/01/2005 AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 018/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    23/01/2005 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL CYCLONE 8 (ERNEST) 950 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.9S / 42.5E
(TWENTY THREE DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY TWO DECIMAL FIVE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST 11 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 50 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 150 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65/80 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE
CENTER.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
 OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING UP TO 80NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING UP TO 100NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/23 AT 12 UTC:
26.3S / 45.0E, MAX WIND = 70 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/01/24 AT 00 UTC:
28.9S / 48.0E, MAX WIND = 60 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
ERNEST IS GOING ON WEAKENING, THE EYE  HAS DISAPEARED, AND CONVECTION
BECOMES MORE DISYMETRIC 31.952.2.
STRONG WINDS ARE MAINLY PRESENT IN THE EASTERN PART.
IT SHOULD GOES ON TRACKING SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARD BEFORE EVACUATE
SOUTHEASTWARD.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.