Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:43:07 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 140942
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON FEB 14 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0930 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...1N79W 6N90W 5N110W 7N126W 
6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
W OF 120W...
LARGE WELL DEFINED CYCLONIC CIRCULATION WELL N OF THE AREA 
NEAR 36N133W APPEARS TO BE LIFTING NWD AT 10 KT. ASSOCIATED MID 
TO UPPER LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS INTO THE DISCUSSION AREA N OF 
26N W OF 130W. TROUGH SUPPORTS A COLD FRONT EXTENDING FROM
30N130W TO 22N140W. BROAD AREA OF STRONG WSWLY FLOW AT THE UPPER 
LEVELS COVERS THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA SE OF THE TROUGH. THE 
FLOW IS SOMEWHAT DIFFLUENT S OF 23N. MODERATE TO STRONG SWLY 
WINDS ARE ADVECTING MID AND UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE NEWD TOWARD 
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.  

100W TO 120W...
MID TO UPPER LEVEL ANTICYCLONE VIRTUALLY DOMINATES THE AREA 
BETWEEN 100W AND 120W. STRONG UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE/DRY AIR 
ALOFT COVERS THE AREA FROM 10N TO 25N. A WEAK CYCLONIC 
CIRCULATION NEAR 10N116W IS SLIDING ESE AT 10-15 KT BENEATH THE 
ANTICYCLONE. SOME UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS BEING ADVECTED EWD 
ACROSS EXTREME NORTHERN MEXICO ALONG THE PERIPHERY OF THE 
ANTICYCLONE.

E OF 100W...  
WEAK UPPER LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION NEAR 10N99W IS MOVING WWD 
10 KT AND IS ENHANCING SOME ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION ALONG 
THE ITCZ BETWEEN 90W AND 96W. THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA IS 
DOMINATED BY MODERATE SWLY FLOW AND STRONG SUBSIDENCE/DRY AIR
ALOFT.

$$
COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.