Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:30:07 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 201530
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT FEB 19 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS IS ALONG THE LINE 8N82W 5N90W 5N140W. 
THERE IS SCATTERED MODERATE WITH ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE POINT 5.3N91.6W.

DISCUSSION...
MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL TROUGH COVERS THE AREA N OF A JETSTREAM 
ALONG LINE 25N107W TO 12N140W.  A LOW JUST NORTH OF THE AREA 
NEAR 33N131W IS CIRCULATING MOIST MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL AIR 
OVER THE AREA NORTH OF 27N EAST OF 132W.  AN ASSOCIATED SURFACE 
COLD FRONT IS ALONG LINE THROUGH 32N126W 25N132W TO 22N140W.  
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILEVEL CLOUDS ARE FOUND N OF 28N FROM 
123W TO 132W.  OTHERWISE THE MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVELS NORTH OF 
THE JETSTREAM ARE DRY WITH IMPLIED UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE.  
CLEAR SKIES ARE NORTH OF 24N EAST OF 123W.  OTHERWISE MOSTLY 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE WITHIN THIS AREA.  WITHIN 600 NM SE OF THE 
JETSTREAM UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS FLOWING NORTHEAST OVER CENTRAL 
MEXICO.  SOUTHEAST OF THE JETSTREAM TO 103W AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE 
DOMINATES THE FLOW.  VERY LITTLE CONVECTION IS ALONG THE ITCZ 
WEST OF 103W.

EAST OF 108W MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL LOW IS FOUND EMBEDDED IN 
STRONG SUBSIDENCE NEAR 10N95W. SE OF THE LOW CENTER...WEAK TO 
MODERATE DIFFLUENCE ALOFT IS HELPING TO SUSTAIN AN AREA OF 
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF THE POINT 
5.3N91.6W.  UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS FLOWING NORTHEAST FROM THIS 
AREA TOWARD COSTA RICA AND NICARAGUA.  ASIDE FROM THESE AREAS 
THE AREA EAST OF 108W IS QUITE DRY IN WATER VAPOR IMAGERY 
IMPLYING MODERATE TO STRONG UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE.  NORTH OF 
THE ITCZ SKIES ARE CLEAR EAST OF 105W EXCEPT FOR THE CLOUDS 
EMANATING FROM THE ITCZ CONVECTION.  SOUTH OF THE ITCZ MOSTLY 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST SKIES ARE OBSERVED.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.