Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:13:17 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 100611
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 10/02/2005
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 005/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  10/02/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 14 1001 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.9S / 54.0E
(SEVENTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL ZERO
DEGREES
  EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-NORTH-WEST 4 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 120 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP
TO 250 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE SEAS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS
FROM
 THE CENTRE, LOCALLY REACHING 30 KT AND ROUGH SEAS  IN THE EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/10 AT 18 UTC:
17.8S / 53.7E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/11 AT 06 UTC:
18.3S / 53.2E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS, THE SYSTEM SHOULD REMAIN AT A WEAK
INTENSITY
NORTH OF MASCAREIGNES ISLANDS, EVEN IF IT COULD INTENSIFY VERY
LIGHTLY.

SYSTEM INTENSITY DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF REGULAR WARNINGS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.