Subject: FIJI: Gale Warning 071 Issued From Rsmc Nadi Feb 17/0119 Utc 2005 Utc.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:22:02 -0600

WTPS01 NFFN 170000    
Gale Warning 071 issued from RSMC NADI Feb 17/0119 UTC 2005 UTC.

*Correction for warning class*
Tropical Cyclone NANCY centre [990 hPa] was located near 24 decimal 6
South 162 decimal 7 West at 170000 UTC. 
Position Good. 
Repeat position 24.6S 162.7W at 170000 UTC.

Cyclone moving southwest about 12 knots. Cyclone weakening.

Expect sustained winds of 40 knots close to the centre decreasing to
30 knots in the next 12 to 24 hours.

Expect winds over 33 knots within 200 miles of centre in the
southeastern semicircle 
                       and within 100 miles of centre elsewhere.

Forecast position near 25.0S 164.0W at 170600 UTC and 
                  near 25.3S 165.5W at 171200 UTC.

Ships within 300 miles of centre are requested to send reports every
three hours to RSMC Nadi. VOS reporting ships use normal channels.
Other vessels fax plus 679 6720190 or email naditcc at met dot gov
dot fj.

This warning cancels and replaces warning 069.
Primary responsibility for warnings on Tropical Cyclone Nancy will
rest with Wellington. 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.