Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 03:26:23 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 070926
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON FEB 07 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0900 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 3N77W 5N105W 8N125W 5N140W. 
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FOUND WITHIN 45 NM OF 
THE ZONE FROM 125W TO 135W.

OTHER CONVECTION...TROUGH IS FROM 15N115W TO 7N127W WITH WIDELY 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM EAST OF THE TROUGH

DISCUSSION...
WEST OF 100W...
SHORTWAVE TROUGH IS ALONG 133W NORTH OF ITCZ WITH CYCLONIC 
CIRCULATION CENTER NEAR 25N135W.  DRY AIR IN THE MIDDLE AND 
UPPER LEVELS WITH IMPLIED MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE IS WEST 
OF THE SHORTWAVE.  ELSEWHERE WEST OF 100W A BROAD TROUGH COVERS 
THE AREA.  SURFACE TROUGH IS ALONG 15N115W TO 7N127W.  OTHERWISE 
BROAD RIDGE IS LOCATED AT THE SURFACE.

EAST OF 100W...
DRY AIR IS FOUND IN THE MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVELS IMPLYING UPPER 
LEVEL SUBSIDENCE.  UPPER LEVEL SOUTHERLY FLOW IS EAST OF 100W AS 
A RESULT OF A LARGE RIDGE OVER NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA.  

AT THE SURFACE...WIND CONTINUES TO BLOW OVER THE CENTRAL AMERICA 
ISTHMUS MAINLY IN THE AREA NEAR THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO AND IN THE 
GULF OF PANAMA.
 
$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.