Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:24:16 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 041524
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI FEB 04 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE IS ALONG THE LINE 4N78W 4N105W 
11N115W 7N130W 7N140W.
THERE IS NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION ALONG THE AXIS.

OTHER CONVECTION...SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FOUND WITHIN 
THE AREA 100 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 117N109.7W TO 
12.4N112.4W.

DISCUSSION...
W OF 105W...
A RIDGE WEST OF THE AREA EXTENDS EAST TO 135W NORTH OF THE ITCZ.
UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE AND ASSOCIATED HIGH CLOUDS ARE WITHIN THIS 
AREA.  OTHERWISE THE DOMINATING FEATURE IS A MIDDLE AND UPPER 
LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 28N118W WITH ENVELOPE OF CYCLONIC 
CIRCULATION FOUND NORTH OF THE ITCZ EAST OF 135W TO 105W.  THE 
AREA IS DRY ALOFT WITH MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE IMPLIED 
WITHIN THE AREA.  JET STREAM EXTENDS ALONG THE SOUTHERN 
PERIPHERY OF THIS CIRCULATION WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 23N140W 
16N125W 20N114W THEN NORTHEAST BEYOND 26.5N109W OVER NORTHERN 
MEXICO.  SATELLITE DERIVED DATA INDICATES WIND OF 100 TO 120 KT 
FOUND WITHIN THIS JET. SURGING NE BRANCH OF JET INTO MEXICO IS 
HELPING TO ADVECT SUBSTANTIAL MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE 
INTO THAT AREA OF MEXICO.  CONVECTION IS SUPPORTED IN THE AREA 
MENTIONED ABOVE.  
 
AT THE SURFACE THERE IS A BROAD RIDGE.

E OF 105W...
UPPER RIDGE DOMINATES AREA AND CONTINUES TO STIFLE ANY 
CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY IN THIS AREA OF THE E PACIFIC. 

AT THE SURFACE...STRONG WINDS...20 TO 25 KT....CONTINUE TO BLOW 
ACROSS THE CENTRAL AMERICAN ISTHMUS INCLUDING THE GULFS OF 
PAPAGAYO AND PANAMA AND WILL PERSIST FOR THE NEXT TWO DAYS. 
SIMILARLY...A MINIMAL GALE EVENT IN THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC IS 
EXPECTED TO WEAKEN BELOW GALE FORCE IN 36 HOURS...AND CONTINUE 
TO BLOW AT NEAR 25 KT THROUGH 48 HOURS.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.