Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:46:53 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 141546
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI JAN 14 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS IS ALONG 6N77W 4N85W 7N105W
4N115W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION
WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 85W TO 88W AND 90 NM
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 100W TO 106W.

..DISCUSSION...

W OF 110W...
LARGE MID/UPPER LEVEL LOW LOCATED W OF THE AREA IS PRODUCING
MULTI LAYERED COLDS AND AN AREA OF SHOWERS N OF 25N W OF 138W.
THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA W OF 110W IS DOMINATED BY A LARGE
MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGE...WITH A  MID/UPPER ANTICYCLONIC
CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 10N124W. THE RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS N FROM
ANTICYCLONIC CIRCULATION TO BEYOND 32N116W. UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE
IS MOVING OVER TOP THE RIDGE INTO THE BAJA PENINSULA AND THE SW
UNITED STATES.

E OF 110W...
SHARP MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH MOVING ACROSS THE SE U.S. EXTENDS S
INTO THE WESTERN GULF OF MEXICO...WITH THE SOUTHERN PORTION OF
THE TROUGH EXTENDING ACROSS THE EASTERN PACIFIC WITH AXIS FROM
NEAR THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC SW TO 8N106W. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF
A COUPLE OF AREAS OF CONVECTION ALONG THE ITCZ...DRY AIR FROM
STRONG SUBSIDENCE COVERS THE AREA S OF 20N E OF 110W.

COLD FRONT OVER THE EASTERN GULF OF MEXICO AND YUCATAN PENINSULA
WITH STRONG SURFACE HIGH BUILDING S BEHIND THE FRONT IS
PRODUCING GALE FORCE WINDS OVER THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC. GALE
CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THROUGH AT LEAST 48 HOURS.

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.