Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 04:00:09 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 210959
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0505 UTC MON FEB 212005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0230 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS  N78W  1N85W  5N97W  5N140W. 
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
W OF 110W
MID / UPPER LEVEL TROUGH FROM 30N126W TO 25N130W MOVING E HAS 
MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE WITHIN 180 NM OF AXIS.  JETSTREAM 
CORE OF 80 KT ENTERS AREA AT 30N140W AND SWINGS AROUND BASE OF 
TROUGH THEN INCREASES TO 110 KT AS IT EXITS NEAR 30N122W.  S OF 
20N...WELL ANCHORED RIDGE WITH AXIS ALONG 130W NOT MOVED BY 
TROUGH HAS PLENTY OF TROPICAL MOISTURE ADVECTED BY 140 KT JET 
CORE INTO CENTRAL MEXICO JUST S OF BAJA CALIFORNIA. 

E OF 110W
DIFFLUENT FLOW BETWEEN CYCLONIC VORTEX NEAR 35N125W AND RIDGE 
ENHANCING CONVECTION OVER CALIFORNIA AND NEVADA.  ATTENDANT 
SURFACE COLD FRONT HELPS LOW LEVEL FORCING.  

WEAK TROUGH WITH AXIS FROM 3N TO 22N ALONG 87W BREAKS AN 
OTHERWISE BLANKETING ZONAL FLOW OVER REMAINDER AREA.  LARGE 
BROAD RIDGE OVER S AMERICA MAINTAINS DRY SUBSIDING AIRMASS OVER 
ENTIRE CARIBBEAN AND S HALF OF GULF OF MEXICO AS WELL AS CENTRAL 
AMERICA.  VERY LITTLE CONVECTION ALONG ITCZ.

$$
WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.