Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 21/01/2005 At

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 06:44:19 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 211207
PAN PAN
HURRICANE WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 21/01/2005 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 012/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

HURRICANE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    21/01/2005 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL CYCLONE 8 (ERNEST) 970 HPA
POSITION:           16.9S / 41.7E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY ONE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 10 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 100 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP TO 150 NM IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65 KT AND PHENOMENAL SEAS NEAR THE CENTRE.
STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF THE
CENTER.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 40 NM RADIUS
 OF THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTER.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/22 AT 00 UTC:
18.4S / 40.8E, MAX WIND = 80 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/01/22 AT 12 UTC:
20.6S / 40.4E, MAX WIND = 75 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
T=CI=4.5-
ERNEST KEEPS ON TRACKING SOUTHWARDS, WITHIN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT.
ERNEST IS A SMALL SYSTEM (ROUGHLY 300 KM OF DIAMETER).JUAN DE NOVA IS
GOING TO PASS AT THE CLOSEST DISTANCE OF THE ISLAND OF JUAN DE NOVA A
LITTLE LESS THAN 100 KM IN THE WEST OF THE ISLAND. IT IS EXPECTED TO
TRACK SOUTHSOUTHWESTWA
RDS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.