Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:26:29 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 221525
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT JAN 22 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS ALONG 2N79W 3N105W 8N120W
7N140W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE
POINT 3N94W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FOUND FROM
7N TO 10N FROM 115W TO 130W.

OTHER CONVECTION...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF
16.2N111.3W.

..DISCUSSION...
W OF 100W...
TROUGH WEST OF THE AREA WITH AXIS ALONG 147W IS MOVING EAST 40
KNOTS.  ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT IS OVER THE NORTHWEST PART OF THE
AREA THROUGH 30N140W.  OVERCAST MULTI LEVEL CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED
SHOWERS ARE OVER THE AREA NORTH OF 27N W OF 136W.  UPPER
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION IS CENTERED NEAR 29N113W AND IS NEARLY
STATIONARY.  ASSOCIATED MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS NORTH
OF THE ITCZ EAST OF 124W.  UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS IS ALONG LINE
THROUGH 25N103W TO THE ITCZ NEAR 126W.  UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS
STREAMING NORTH OVER CENTRAL MEXICO JUST TO THE SE OF THE TROUGH
AXIS.  ELSEWHERE W OF 100W MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL RIDGE COVERS
THE AREA.  UPPER LEVEL DRY AIR AND IMPLIED SUBSIDENCE IS FOUND
NORTH OF THE ITCZ TO 24N W OF 130W.  OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ARE
FOUND WITHIN AREA FROM 20N TO 30N FROM 127W TO 135W.  OTHERWISE
MOSTLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE NORTH OF THE ITCZ.

E OF 100W...
SOUTHERLY FLOW ON THE WESTERN FLANK OF A LARGE ANTICYCLONIC
CIRCULATION CENTERED OVER NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA DOMINATES THIS
AREA.  EXCEPT FOR A COUPLE OF AREAS OF ITCZ CONVECTION DRY AIR
IS WITHIN THIS AREA.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.