Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:34:44 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 241534
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU FEB 24 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS IS ALONG 8N82W 3N105W 8N127W 6N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF
AXIS BETWEEN 118W AND 124W.

DISCUSSION...
BROAD RIDGE COVERS MUCH OF PACIFIC OCEANIC DISCUSSION 
AREA...WITH THE MID AND UPPER LEVER FLOW BEING MOSTLY ZONAL. 
SATELLITE DERIVED WINDS INDICATE A 110-120 KT JET STREAM FROM 
20N140W 24N125W TO NEAR THE W COAST OF MEXICO NEAR 19N104W WHERE 
IT WEAKENS AND SPLITS. IN THE NORTHERN BRANCH WINDS FALL OFF TO 
70-90 KT OVER CENTRAL MEXICO INTO THE GULF OF MEXICO. THE 
SOUTHERN BRANCH CONTINUES SE WITH WINDS 90-95 KT TO THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC. A NARROW BAND OF SUBSIDENCE IS WITHIN 140 NM N OF 
THE JET W OF 120W. MID TO UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS NOTED WITHIN 
480 NM S OF THE JET W OF 115W.

N OF THE JET A MID TO UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS N OF 26N BETWEEN 
116W AND 106W. THE MEAN AXIS EXTENDS FROM CYCLONIC CIRCULATION 
ALONG THE BORDER OF ARIZONA AND MEXICO NEAR 32N112W S TO NEAR 
26N109W. ASSOCIATED SURFACE TROUGH IS ALONG 32N112W TO 27N117W W 
TO 27N124W. ONLY ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE ALONG THE ARIZONA/MEXICO 
BORDER NEAR THE CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER.

MODERATE SUBSIDENCE IS S OF THE ITCZ W OF 95W. STRONG SUBSIDENCE
AND RESULTANT DRY AIR AT THE MID AND UPPER LEVELS COVERS THE 
AREA S OF 20N E OF 95W.

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.