Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:27:42 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 251527
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC TUE JAN 25 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS...4N78W 4N100W 6N105W 8N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FOUND WITHIN 75 NM OF THE POINT
7.2N106.7W.  SCATTERED MODERATE AND ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION
IS LOCATED FROM 7N TO 9.5N FROM 110W TO 118W.

OTHER CONVECTION...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE
OF LINE 19N115.2W TO 14N119.3W.

..DISCUSSION...
WEST OF 105W...
MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL RIDGE IS LOCATED WEST OF 130W.  UPPER
LEVEL DRY AIR IS OBSERVED WITHIN THIS AREA AND IMPLIES UPPER
SUBSIDENCE.  SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLEAR IN THIS AREA EXCEPT FOR
BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUDS WITHIN 150 NM SE OF A COLD FRONT
THROUGH 32N133W TO 27N140W.  UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS IS ALONG
122W NORTH OF THE ITCZ.  W OF THE TROUGH AXIS UPPER LEVEL
DRYNESS IS OBSERVED SOUTH OF 25N INDICATING UPPER SUBSIDENCE.
SKIES ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS IN THIS AREA.  WEST OF
THE TROUGH AXIS NORTH OF 25N BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ARE
OBSERVED.  WITHIN 600 NM EAST OF THE TROUGH AXIS UPPER LEVEL
MOISTURE IS OBSERVED WITH MOIST UPPER AIR FLOWING NORTHEAST OVER
THE NORTHWEST PART OF MEXICO.  CONVECTION IS LOCATED TO THE EAST
OF THE TROUGH AXIS BETWEEN 13N AND 20N AND IS MENTIONED ABOVE
UNDER OTHER CONVECTION.

EAST OF 105W...
BROAD UPPER RIDGE WITH SOUTHERLY UPPER FLOW EXTENDS E ACROSS
THIS AREA AND IS ASSOCIATED WITH A LARGE ANTICYCLONE CENTERED
OVER NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA.  DRY AIR IS OBSERVED ALOFT AND
IMPLIES MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE.

AT THE SURFACE...WIND CONTINUE TO BLOW OVER THE CENTRAL AMERICAN
ISTHMUS AND IS FORECAST TO DECREASING RAPIDLY NEXT 12 HRS.  THE
GALE IN THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC AND ENDED.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.