Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:15:35 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 122115
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT FEB 12 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1800 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
2045 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 1N80W 7N98W 8N126W 7N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 83W AND 93W 
AND BETWEEN 111W AND 122W AND W OF 130W.

DISCUSSION...
MID TO UPPER RIDGE DOMINATES AREA N OF THE ITCZ W OF 125W. A 
SHORTWAVE TROUGH HAS MEAN AXIS FROM 32N120W TO 10N115W. 
6N102W.

A WESTERLY UPPER WIND MAXIMA IS NOTED ALONG 12N CONTINUING E 
ACROSS THE WESTERN RIDGE TO NEAR 10N115W...WHERE THE UPPER FLOW 
SPLITS. ONE BRANCH TURNS CYCLONICALLY NE ALONG THE EAST EDGE OF 
THE UPPER TROUGH BECOMING DIFFLUENT AGAIN OVER NORTHERN OLD 
MEXICO. THE OTHER BRANCH OF THE WESTERLY JET CONTINUES SE INTO 
THE UPPER CYCLONE AT 6N102W.

THE STRONG UPPER DIFFLUENCE NEAR THE UPPER FLOW SPILT IS 
ENHANCING ITCZ CONVECTION BETWEEN 111W AND 122W. UPPER 
DIFFLUENCE E OF THE UPPER ANTICYCLONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE 
ITCZ CONVECTION BETWEEN 83W AND 93W.
   
STRONG UPPER DRY AIR/SUBSIDENCE IS OBSERVED N OF THE ITCZ W OF 
110W AND S OF 23N E OF 110W.

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.