Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 03:16:30 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 010916
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT JAN 01 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0845 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS ALONG 4N80W 6N89W 4N101W 6N120W 9N135W 8N140W. NO
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

..DISCUSSION...
W OF 110W...
LONGWAVE TROUGH BRUSHING N PORTION OF AREA NEAR 30N120W. STRONG
SHORT WAVE TROUGH ALONG 130W BETWEEN 10N AND 30N MOVING E.
ASSOCIATED POLAR JET WITH 100 KT MAX SWEEPS ACROSS CENTRAL BAJA.
NEW 110 KT MAX BRANCH DIVING SE BEHIND SHORTWAVE TROUGH. STRONG
SUBSIDENCE FROM 13N TO 22N W OF 126W ROTATING AROUND BASE OF
SHORTWAVE.

AT THE SURFACE...
WEAK COLD FRONT FROM 30N118W 25N130W ASSOCIATED WITH TROUGH.
FRONT CONTINUES TO BECOME LESS DEFINED WITH TIME. MAINLY LOW MID
DECK MARINE LAYER CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH SYSTEM. NO SIGNIFICANT
CONVECTION ALONG ITCZ AS UPPER RIDGE AND DRY AIRMASS MINIMIZE IT.

E OF 110W...
UPPER TROUGH OVER W CARIBBEAN EXTENDS HONDURAS INTO EXTREME EPAC
WITH BROAD RIDGE SE OF AXIS. VERY DRY MID/UPPER LEVELS DOMINATES
ENTIRE REGION MAKING CONVECTIVE DEVELOPMENT DIFFICULT.

AT THE SURFACE...
MODERATE TRADES SPILLING OVER HONDURAS AND NICARAGUA ENTERING
EPAC WATERS N OF 10N AND E OF 90W WILL CONTINUE THROUGH NEXT 48
HR.

$$
RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.