Subject: Indian-S: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 18:14:09 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 070013
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 07/02/2005
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 010/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: MONDAY    07/02/2005 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DEPRESSION 13 997 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 25.4S / 55.5E
(TWENTY FIVE DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FIVE DECIMAL FIVE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 3 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTER, EXTENDING UP TO
150
NM IN THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTER, EXTENDING UP TO 50 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/07 AT 12 UTC:
25.8S / 54.0E, MAX WIND = 35 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/08 AT 00 UTC:
25.7S / 52.0E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGEST WINDS ARE MAINLY LOCATED IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR DUE TO
THE
GRADIENT WITH THE HIGH PRESSURES.
THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON TRACKING SLOWLY WESTSOUTHWESTWARDS
ON
THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE BUILDING HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.