Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:41:47 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 192141
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT FEB 19 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1800 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
2045 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS ALONG 1N80W 6N88W 3N105W 6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
BROAD MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER THE AREA N OF 18N W OF 120W. A 
COLD EXTENDS FROM 32N126W TO 27N140W. STRONG TO MID LEVEL WINDS 
ARE NOTED AHEAD OF THE FRONT AND UPPER TROUGH ADVECTING TROPICAL 
MOISTURE INTO MEXICO AND THE SW UNITED STATES.. MODERATE TO 
STRONG SUBSIDENCE FROM 15N TO 25N W OF 125W.

A MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGING DOMINATES THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA N 
OF 18N. AN UPPER LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION NEAR 10N92W WITH 
TROUGH SW TO 3N103W. DRY CONDITIONS AND VERY LIMITED SHOWER 
ACTIVITY ACROSS THE AREA E OF 110W.

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.