Subject: FIJI: Hurricane Warning 079 Issued From Rsmc Nadi Feb 18/1915 Utc 2005 Utc.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:18:34 -0600

WHPS01 NFFN 181800    
HURRICANE WARNING 079 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI FEB 18/1915 UTC 2005 UTC.

TROPICAL CYCLONE OLAF [950 HPA] CENTRE WAS LOCATED NEAR 25 DECIMAL 0 
SOUTH 160
DECIMAL 9 WEST AT 181800 UTC.
POSITION FAIR.
REPEAT POSITION 25.0S 160.9W AT 181800 UTC.

CYCLONE MOVING SOUTHEAST 20 KNOTS AND EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY TURN SOUT
H. CYCLONE
WEAKENING.

EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 80 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE, DECREASING TO
 70 KNOTS
IN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 63 KNOTS WITHIN 30 MILES OF CENTRE,
             OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 90 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEAST
ERN
SEMICIRCLE 
                       AND WITHIN 60 MILES ELSEWHERE,
             OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 400 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEAS
TERN
SEMICIRCLE
                       AND WITHIN 180 NAUTICAL MILES OF CENTRE ELSEWH
ERE. 

FORECAST POSITION NEAR 27.0S 160.6W AT 190600 UTC
              AND NEAR 29.0S 160.4W AT 191800 UTC.

ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO SEND
 REPORTS
EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI AND TCWC WELLINGTON. VOS REPORTING SHI
PS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC 
AT MET DOT
GOV DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 078.

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUTURE WARNINGS ON TC OLAF WILL NOW REST W
ITH TCWC
WELLINGTON.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.