Subject: Indian-S: High Seas Weather Warning For Metarea 10 Issued By The

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:32:48 -0600

WTAU05 APRF 010426
IDW23100
40:3:1:24:14S121E999:11:00
SECURITE

HIGH SEAS WEATHER WARNING FOR METAREA 10 ISSUED BY THE
AUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
CENTRE PERTH AT 0413UTC 1 JANUARY 2005

GALE WARNING FOR THE WESTERN AREA

Please be aware, wind gusts can be a further 40 percent stronger than the
averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.

SITUATION
Tropical low with central pressure 998 hPa located at 0400 UTC
Within 10 nautical miles of
 Latitude fourteen decimal three south [14.3S]
 Longitude one hundred and twenty one decimal six east [121.6E]
moving east northeast at approximately 3 knots.

AREA AFFECTED
Within 90 nautical miles of the centre, extending to within 120 nautical miles
in the western quadrant.

FORECAST
Squally conditions exist in the western quadrant. The risk that this system will
intensify into a tropical cyclone is diminishing. However there remains a
possibility that the low will develop into a tropical cyclone within the next 24
hours causing rough to very rough seas, moderate swell and 30/45 knot winds.
At 1600 UTC 1 January    14.0S 122.3E   998hPa
At 0400 UTC 2 January    13.7S 123.0E   998hPa

Next warning will be issued at 1100 UTC 1 January 2005.

WEATHER PERTH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.