Subject: Indian-S: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 06:49:28 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 021235
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 02/02/2005 AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 022/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 02/02/2005 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SUBTROPICAL DEPRESSION 11 (EX-FELAPI) 1000 HPA 
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 29.8S / 50.4E 
(TWENTY NINE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 180 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP
 TO 400 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE TO GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN
30 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/03 AT 00 UTC: 
30.8S / 51.1E, MAX WIND = 25 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/02/03 AT 12 UTC: 
EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGERWINDS ARE LOCATED IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE OF EX-FELAPI  DUE
TO THE GRADIANT, BUT ARE NOW WEAKENING. 
A NEW TROUGH IS ARRIVING SOUTH, THEN A NEW CELL OF HIGH PRESSIONS IS
QUICKLY COMING.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.