Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 03:06:39 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 310906
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON JAN 31 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0315 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 4N78W 6N88W 5N105W 6N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM WIDE FROM 114W TO 119W.

..DISCUSSION...
W OF 100W...
DEEP LAYER POSITIVELY TILTED LONGWAVE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE SW 
U.S. THROUGH 30N115W TO 20N130W. MODERATE SUBSIDENCE WITHIN 240 
NM EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH AXIS. JET STREAM ON E SIDE OF TROUGH 
ADVECTING MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL TROPICAL MOISTURE NE ACROSS S 
BAJA CALIFORNIA IN NORTHERN MEXICO WITH JET STREAM WINDS AT 90 
TO 110 KT. SURFACE RIDGE EXTENDS FROM 32N130W TO 15N115W IS  
PRODUCING MODERATE TO STRONG NE TRADES ALONG WIDE SWATH OF E PAC 
ALONG ITS PERIPHERY.  

E OF 100W...
UPPER LEVEL RIDGE WITH VERY STRONG SUBSIDENCE COVERED VIRTUALLY 
ENTIRE AREA E OF 100W. 

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.