Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 03:06:42 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 150906
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT JAN 15 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0845 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS IS ALONG 4N78W 2N90W 8N105W
5N119W 8N134W 7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WAS LOCATED
WITHIN 45 NM OF 5N79W 4N85W 4N93W 8N103W 9N107W 8N110W AND
7N137W.

..DISCUSSION...

W OF 110W...
A SHORTWAVE TROUGH ALONG 134W N OF 20N WAS EMBEDDED IN A ZONAL
FLOW OVER THE REGION. A 100 KT JET AONG 30N WAS BEHIND THE
SHORTWAVE TO THE WEST. A BAND OF CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS
WAS LOCATED JUST AHEAD OF THE SHORTWAVE. A VORTICITY MAX WAS
NEAR 29N117W MOVING SE 15 KT. THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA W OF
110W IS DOMINATED BY A LARGE MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGE ALONG 10N.
THE RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS NE TO OVER CENTRAL MEXICO. UPPER LEVEL
MOISTURE IS MOVING OVER TOP THE RIDGE INTO THE BAJA PENINSULA
AND THE SW UNITED STATES.

E OF 110W...
A UPPER TROUGH SW OVER GUATEMALA TO NEAR 6N100W WAS STATIONARY.
DIVERGENT FLOW ALOFT IN THE TROUGH N OF 10N WAS AIDING
CONVECTIVE DEVELOPMENT ALONG THE ITCZ BETWEEN 100W AND 110W.
SPEED DIVERENCE SE OF THE TROUGH WAS AIDING ADDITIONAL
CONVECTION ALONG THE ITCZ E OF 85W.

STRONG HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE WESTERN GULF OF MEXICO BUILDING S
IS PRODUCING GALE FORCE WIND OVER THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC. GALE
CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THROUGH AT LEAST 48 HOURS.

$$
RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.