Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:03:38 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 040403
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC TUE JAN 04 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0315 UTC.

..ITCZ...

ITCZ AXIS ALONG 6N77W 5N100W 7N120W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF A 7N125W
8N132W LINE.

..DISCUSSION...

N OF 18N...
WELL-DEFINED MIDDLE/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH COVERS THE AREA N OF 18N
E OF 128W WITH ITS AXIS ALONG 122W. DRY AIR ALOFT IS LOCATED
8-10 DEGREES EITHER SIDE OF THE TROUGH AXIS. FURTHER
UPSTREAM...OVER THE NW PART OF THE DISCUSSION AREA...FLOW IS
NORTHWESTERLY AHEAD OF A RIDGE AXIS LOCATED ALONG 144W. A STRONG
JET WRAPS CYCLONICALLY AROUND THE TROUGH EXTENDING THROUGH
32N136W TO 22N120W NE THROUGH CENTRAL BAJA CALIFORNIA. SATELLITE
DERIVED WINDS ARE UP TO 100 KT ALONG THE JET AXIS. SOUTHWESTERLY
FLOW ALOFT COVERS MOST OF MEXICO N OF 20N. AT THE SURFACE A COLD
FRONT EXTENDS THROUGH 32N115W TO 24N114W TO 17N118W. POST
FRONTAL TROUGHS ARE LOCATED THROUGH 32N118W TO 23N125W AND
ANOTHER THROUGH 32N121W TO 28N130W. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE
LOCATED ALONG AND UP TO 240 NAUTICAL MILES SE OF THE FRONT. NW
WINDS TO NEAR GALE FORCE ARE LOCATED W OF THE 32N118W TO 23N125W
TROUGH.

S OF 18N...
LIGHT WINDS...MAINLY WESTERLY...COVER THE DEEP TROPICS. GULF OF
TEHUANTEPEC WINDS ARE N TO NE 20 TO 25 KT AND OVER THE GULF OF
PAPAGAYO WINDS ARE NE 20 TO 30 KT.

$$
CAB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.