Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:24:27 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 031524
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU FEB 03 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
AXIS OF INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 3N78W 7N110W 6N140W.
THE ONLY CONVECTION ALONG THE ITCZ IS SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 
60 NM OF 3.7N79.7W OTHERWISE AT THIS TIME THERE IS NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION ALONG THE ITCZ.

OTHER CONVECTION IS WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE LOCATED WITHIN 45 
NM OF A LINE FROM 15N108W TO 12N113.5W.
 
DISCUSSION...
W OF 105W...
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION IS CENTERED NEAR 30N118W AND IS EMBEDDED 
WITHIN A LONGWAVE TROUGH THAT EXTENDS FROM THE SW U.S. TO 
21N135W AND COVERS THE AREA NORTH OF 18N EXCEPT FOR RIDGING 
NORTH OF 25N W OF 135W.  MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE...DRY AIR 
ALOFT...COVERS THE AREA N OF 20N W OF 110W. SATELLITE DERIVED 
WINDS INDICATE 100-110 KT JET STREAM FROM 20N140W TO 18N125W TO 
BEYOND 25N107W.  A PLUME OF UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS BEING 
ADVECTED EASTWARD OVER CENTRAL MEXICO WITHIN 480 NM S OF THE 
JET.

E OF 105W...
UPPER RIDGE DOMINATES AREA...WITH STRONG SUBSIDENCE. THE 
SUBSIDENCE IS SUPPRESSING CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY. STRONG WINDS WILL 
CONTINUE OVER THE GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND PANAMA THROUGH PERIOD. 
STRONG HIGH PRES BUILDING IN THE SW GULF OF MEXICO IS PRODUCING 
GALE CONDITIONS ACROSS THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.