Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:22:22 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 030922
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC MON JAN 03 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0845 UTC.

..ITCZ...

ITCZ AXIS ALONG 5N78W 6N84W 5N94W 7N110W 7N120W 8N129W 7N135W
8N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION E OF 110W. WIDELY SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 45 NM OF THE ITCZ W OF 110W.

..DISCUSSION...

W OF 110W...
A DEEP UPPER LOW WAS OFF THE CA COAST TRACKING SSE. A TROUGH
AXIS EXTENDED FROM THE LOW TO 20N120W 12N110W AND WAS SHIFTING E
TOWARD THE BAJA PENINSULA. A 125 KT JET WAS DIGGING SE BEHIND
THE TROUGH. AT THE SURFACE A COLD FRONT EXTENDED FROM 30N123W TO
24N135W THEN WEAKENED BACK TO THE NW NEAR 26N140W. THE FRONT
WILL CONTINUE SE AND GRADUALLY DISSIPATE OVER THE NEXT 24 HRS. A
WEAK SURFACE LOW WAS LOCATED NEAR 25N119W AND WILL MOVE NE AND
DISSIPATE.

E OF 110W...
AN UPPER RIDGE AXIS EXTENDED FROM 2N80W TO 14N104W. WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY SHOWED VERY DRY MID AND UPPER ATMOSPHERE THROUGHOUT THE
RIDGE. THE DRY CONDITIONS WERE DETRIMENTAL TO ANY CONVECTIVE
DEVELPMENT OVER THIS REGION.

$$
RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.