Subject: Indian-S: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:07:24 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 071806
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 07/02/2005
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 013/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: MONDAY    07/02/2005 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DEPRESSION 13 997 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 27.0S / 53.9E
(TWENTY SEVEN DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY THREE DECIMAL
NINE
DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 5 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 500NM FROM THE CENTER, ONLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT, LOCALLY REACHING GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT
AND
ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING
UP
TO 50 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/08 AT 06 UTC:
28.1S / 53.4E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/02/08 AT 18 UTC:
29.2S / 53.2E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGEST WINDS ARE MAINLY LOCATED IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO
THE
 GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.
THE SYSTEM SLOW DOWN ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.