Subject: Indian-N: Subj/tropical Cyclone Warning//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 01:57:18 -0600

WTIO31 PGTW 100900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 01B WARNING NR 007
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   100600Z7 --- NEAR 6.8N4 83.2E3
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 360 DEGREES AT 03 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 6.8N4 83.2E3
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   101800Z0 --- 6.9N5 82.7E7
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 285 DEG/ 07 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   110600Z8 --- 7.3N0 81.4E3
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 015 KT, GUSTS 025 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
100900Z0 POSITION NEAR 6.8N4 83.1E2.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 01B, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 200
NM EAST OF COLOMBO, SRI LANKA, HAS TRACKED NORTHWARD AT 03 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 100530Z9
MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED
ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 20 KNOTS. TC 01B HAS
WEAKENED EXTENSIVELY OVER THE PAST 06 TO 12 HOURS. THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) HAS BECOME VERY DIFFICULT TO LOCATE. A
100031Z5 QUIKSCAT INDICATES THE LLCC HAS DISSIPATED AND ANOTHER
BROAD CIRCULATION HAS ESTABLISHED ITSELF NEAR 05.0N5 89.0E7.
RECENT SURFACE OBSERVATIONS IN THE BAY OF BENGAL VERIFY WEAK
WINDS OVER SRI LANKA AND A BROAD CIRCULATION IN THE SOUTHERN
PORTION OF THE BAY OF BENGAL. A 100131Z6 SSMI PASS REVEALS THE
CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED OVER TC 01B HAS DISSIPATED AND
ANOTHER AREA OF CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE BROAD LLCC HAS
RECENTLY FLARED. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 100600Z7 IS
14 FEET. REFER TO WWIO31 PHNC FOR ADDITIONAL SEA HEIGHT INFOR-
MATION. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT
TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE
CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.