Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:18:12 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 080116
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 08/02/2005
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 014/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   08/02/2005 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        FILLING DEPRESSION 13 999 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 28.2S / 53.5E
(TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY THREE DECIMAL FIVE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 380NM FROM THE CENTER, ONLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS, REACHING
NEAR
GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT, LOCALLY REACHING GALE FORCE WINDS 35 KT AND
ROUGH
 SEAS UP TO 50 NM FROM THE CENTER IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/08 AT 12 UTC:
29.3S / 53.0E, MAX WIND = 25 KT, DISSIPATING.
24H, VALID 2005/02/09 AT 00 UTC:
30.5S / 52.8E, MAX WIND = 25 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGEST WINDS ARE MAINLY LOCATED IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO
THE
 GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.

THE SYSTEM IS FILLING UP, WITH TWO CENTERS POSSIBLE.
IT COULD BE SEPARETED IN TWO LOWS, WITH A WEAK ONE ALMOST-STATIONNARY
ON
THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH, WHILE THE MAIN ONE
EVACUATES
SOUTHWARDS TOWARDS THE TROUGH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.