Subject: Australia: High Seas Weather Warning For Metarea 10 Issued By The Australian Bur

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 06:51:33 -0600

WOAU01 ABRF 101248
IDQ20008
PAN PAN

HIGH SEAS WEATHER WARNING FOR METAREA 10 ISSUED BY THE AUSTRALIAN BUR
EAU OF
METEOROLOGY, BRISBANE 1248 UTC 10 JANUARY 2005

HURRICANE WARNING FOR NORTH EASTERN AREA

SITUATION
SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE KERRY WITH A CENTRAL PRESSURE OF 970 HECTOPAS
CALS
CENTRED AT 19.2S 159.3E AT 1200 UTC AND MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEAST AT 04
KNOTS.
POSITION GOOD.

AREA AFFECTED
WITHIN 350 NM OF THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT, 150 NM ELSEWHE
RE.

FORECAST
MAXIMUM WINDS TO 75 KNOTS NEAR THE CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS ABOVE 47 KNOTS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS ABOVE 33 KNOTS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE CENTRE BUT OUT TO 35
0NM IN THE
SOUTHWEST QUADRANT.
PHENOMENAL SEAS AND HEAVY SWELLS NEAR THE CENTRE.

FORECAST POSITIONS AT

110000 UTC NEAR 19.1S 159.8E

111200 UTC NEAR 20.1S 159.6E

REMARKS

NEXT WARNING WILL BE ISSUED BY 101900 UTC
WEATHER BRISBANE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.