Subject: FIJI: Hurricane Warning 077 Issued From Rsmc Nadi Feb 18/0717 Utc 2005 Utc.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:20:38 -0600

WHPS01 NFFN 180600    
Hurricane Warning 077 issued from RSMC NADI Feb 18/0717 UTC 2005 UTC.

Tropical Cyclone OLAF [925 hPa] centre was located near 21 decimal 4 South 162
decimal 7 West at 180600 UTC.
Position fair.
Repeat position 21.4S 162.7W at 180600 UTC.

Cyclone moving southeast 20 knots and expected to accelerate further whilst
gradually turning towards the south. Cyclone weakening.

Expect sustained winds of 100 knots close to the centre, decreasing to 90 knots
in the next 12 to 24 hours.
Expect winds over 63 knots within 30 miles of centre,
             over 47 knots within 90 miles of centre in the eastern semicircle 
                       and within 60 miles elsewhere,
             over 33 knots within 200 miles of centre in the eastern semicircle
                       and within 120 nautical miles of centre elsewhere. 

Forecast position near 25.1S 162.3W at 181800 UTC
              and near 28.9S 158.4W at 190600 UTC.

All vessels within 300 nautical miles of centre are requested to send reports
every three hours. VOS reporting ships use normal channels. Other vessels fax
plus 679 6720190 or email naditcc at met dot gov dot fj.

This warning cancels and replaces warning 076.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.