Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 10:26:48 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 081626
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SAT JAN 08 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
1445 UTC.

..ITCZ...5N78W 6N87W 8N140W.  SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 128W TO 135W.

..DISCUSSION...
W OF 100W...
DEEP LAYER LONGWAVE TROUGH WITH CYCLONIC VORTEX WELL N OF AREA
BRINGING LOTS OF ENERGY INTO REGION.  ABUNDANT TROPICAL MOISTURE
ADVECTED BY STRONG JETSTREAM...OVER 100 KT...INTO NW MEXICO...
NORTHERN BAJA CALIFORNIA AND SW CONUS.  AT THE SURFACE...STRING
OF COLD FRONTS SCRATCH THE NORTHERNMOST LATITUDES OF EPAC BASIN
WITH BRISK WINDS...BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY LARGE NW SWELLS WHICH
WILL REACH LOWER LATITUDES AND MERGE WITH SMALLER SWELL TRAINS
MOVING W FROM CENTRAL AMERICA.  ADDING TO THIS...MODERATE SWELLS
FROM SPAC BASIN MOVE N ACROSS EQUATOR COMBINING WITH ABOVE
MENTIONED SWELL TRAINS MAKING QUITE CONFUSED SEAS IN MERGING
SWELL HEIGHTS.

ONLY MINOR WIDELY SCATTERED CONVECTION ALONG ITCZ FROM 128W TO
134W.

E OF 100W...
NARROW STATIONARY RIDGE OVER CENTRAL AND SE MEXICO JUST W OF
ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL TROUGH ACROSS CENTRAL AMERICA FROM GUATEMALA
TO N COLOMBIA.  MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE MAINTAIN MOST OF
AREA UNDER TROUGH WITH VERY DRY CONDITIONS.  ITCZ HAS NO
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION E OF 100W.

$$
WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.