Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:51:10 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 131550
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC THU JAN 13 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
1515 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS IS ALONG 5N77W 7N85W 6N100W
3N110W 5N125W 8N133W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION IS LOCATED WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF A 5.5N125W
8N130W LINE.

..DISCUSSION...

W OF 110W...
OVER THE FAR NW PART OF THE DISCUSSION AREA THE SOUTHERN PART OF
A LARGE MIDDLE/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS LOCATED N OF 23N W OF 135W
WITH SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS IN THE 50 TO 60 KNOT RANGE. FURTHER
DOWNSTREAM A MIDDLE/UPPER LEVEL RIDGE HAS ITS AXIS ALONG 125W N
OF ABOUT 10N WITH ANTICYCLONIC FLOW LOCATED N OF 10N BETWEEN
110W AND 133W. DENSE CIRRUS ARE LOCATED N OF 20N BETWEEN 108W
AND 134W. STRONG SUBSIDENCE COVERS THE AREA S OF 18N TO BEYOND
THE EQUATOR BETWEEN 110W AND 123W.

E OF 110W...
SOUTHERN PART OF A MIDDLE/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH COVERS THE PACIFIC
WATERS N OF ABOUT 15N E OF 110W TO 90W. WESTERLIES ALOFT COVER
MOST OF THE AREA E OF 110W WITH STRONG SUBSIDENCE ALSO OVER
THIS SAME AREA.

$$
CAB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.