Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:36:26 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 231536
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC WED FEB 23 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS IS ALONG 4N77W 6N88W 4N100W 7N115W 6N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION IS NOTED

DISCUSSION...
BROAD MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGE N OF 15N W OF 120W. A SURFACE 1019 
MB HIGH PRES CENTER IS ANALYZED NEAR 26N133W. THE MID/UPPER 
LEVEL FLOW IS MOSTLY ZONAL FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 115W. SATELLITE 
DERIVED WINDS INDICATE A 110-120 KT JET STREAM FROM 20N140W EWD 
TO 20N115W WHERE THE FLOW SPLITS AND WEAKENS. WITH ONE BRANCH 
MOVING NE INTO CENTRAL MEXICO NEAR 25N99W...AND THE OTHER BRANCH 
SE TO 15N105W. CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 360 NM SE OF JET STREAM 
OVER MEXICO. TRANSVERSE BANDING NOTED ON THE CIRRUS CLOUDS 
INDICATING POSSIBLE UPPER LEVEL TURBULENCE. MODERATE TO STRONG 
SUBSIDENCE FROM 25N TO 30N W OF 115W.

N OF THE JET A MID TO UPPER LEVEL TROUGH BETWEEN 110W AND 125W.
THE ASSOCIATED DEEP LAYERED CYCLONE IS CENTERED JUST N OF THE 
AREA MOVING INLAND ALONG THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST. ITS 
SURFACE REFLECTION IS INDICATED AS A TROUGH FROM 32N116W 25N123W
26N130W. 

STRONG SUBSIDENCE AND RESULTANT DRY AIR ALOFT COVERS THE AREA S 
OF 15N E OF 110W. THIS SUBSIDENCE AND DRY AIR IS CONTINUING TO 
SUPPRESS CONVECTION ALONG THE ITCZ.

MODERATE TO STRONG WINDS CONTINUE TO FLOW FROM THE CARIBBEAN 
THROUGH THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO.

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.