Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 21/01/2005

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:04:42 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 210003
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 21/01/2005
AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 015/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    21/01/2005 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DEPRESSION 9 (EX-DAREN) 997 HPA
POSITION:           16.4S / 67.8E
(SIXTEEN DECIMAL FOUR DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY SEVEN DECIMAL EIGHT
DEGREES
 EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 13 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 60 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING
UP TO
 250 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 50 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/21 AT 12 UTC:
16.7S / 65.0E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/01/22 AT 00 UTC:
17.0S / 62.6E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
EX-DAREN UNDERGOES A MODERATE TO RATHER STRONG NORTHNORTHWESTERLY
WINDSHEAR. THE CENTER IS FULLY EXPOSED ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE
RESIDUAL CONVECTION.
IT IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON TRACKING GENERALLY WEST-SOUTHWESTWARDS ON
THE
NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES AND WEAKENING.
STRONGER WINDS EXIST FAR IN THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO GRADIENT
EFFECT WITH SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.