Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:11:34 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 310411
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC MON JAN 31 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0315 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 4N78W  6N110W  5N123W  7N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS FROM 115W TO 1`20W AND 
WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS W OF 1135W. 

..DISCUSSION...
W OF 100W...
DEEP LAYER POSITIVELY TILTED LONGWAVE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM WELL 
DEFINED CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER OVER NEW MEXICO THROUGH 
30N114W TO 20N127W.  TROUGH STRONG ENOUGH TO FORCE PREVIOUSLY 
WELL-ANCHORED HIGHLY AMPLIFIED RIDGE WITH AXIS NOW ALONG 92W.  
MODERATE SUBSIDENCE WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH AXIS. 
JET STREAM ON E SIDE OF TROUGH ADVECTING MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL 
TROPICAL MOISTURE NE ACROSS S BAJA CALIFORNIA...N HALF OF MEXICO 
AND INTO TEXAS WITH CORE SPEEDS TOPPING 140 KT.
AT THE SURFACE...STRONG RIDGE EXTEND ALONG 130W PRODUCING 
MODERATE TO STRONG NE TRADES ALONG WIDE SWATH OF E PAC ALONG ITS 
PERIPHERY.  

E OF 100W...
UPPER LEVEL RIDGE WITH VERY STRONG SUBSIDENCE COVERED VIRTUALLY 
ENTIRE AREA E OF 100W. 

AT THE SURFACE...NE TO E WIND OF 20-25 KT OVER GULFS OF PAPAGAYO 
AND TEHUANTEPEC SHOULD ABATE AS RIDGE IS PUSHED E WITHIN NEXT 24 
HR. 

$$
WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.