Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:22:14 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 190230
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
/AND SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/190230Z-190600ZJAN2005//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACTMETOCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/181951ZJAN2005//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789
      (1) AT 181800Z9, TROPICAL STORM (TS) 01W (KULAP) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 19.0N0 155.8E9, APPROXIMATELY 615 NM WEST OF WAKE ISLAND, AND HAD
TRACKED EAST-NORTHEASTWARD AT 23 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF
A (WTPN31 PGTW 182100) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 11.0S2 143.0E8
APPROXIMATELY 385 NM NORTH-NORTHWEST OF CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED
MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS INCREASING ORGANIZATION OVER
A WELL DEFINED LLCC. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS REVEALS FAVORABLE DIFFLUENCE
ALOFT AND LOW VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPDATE PARA 1.A.(1) AND ADD PARA 2.B.(1)
AS FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: DELTA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.