Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:21:59 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 311521
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON JAN 31 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 6N105W 9N115W 8N130W 
7N140W.  
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FOUND FROM 7N TO 11N FROM 111W 
TO 118W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS OBSERVED 
WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 128W TO 135W.  SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION IS ALSO WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE ITCZ 
AXIS W OF 135W.

..DISCUSSION...
W OF 100W...
DEEP LAYER POSITIVELY TILTED LONGWAVE TROUGH WITH AXIS FROM THE 
SW U.S. THROUGH 30N108W TO 20N120W.  A SMALL CYCLONIC 
CIRCULATION IS LOCATED WEST OF THE BASE OF THE TROUGH NEAR 
25N139W.  UPPER LEVEL DRY AIR WITH IMPLIED SUBSIDENCE IS 
OBSERVED NORTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS EAST OF 134W. JET STREAM ON E 
SIDE OF TROUGH ADVECTING MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL TROPICAL MOISTURE 
NE ACROSS S BAJA CALIFORNIA AND THE REMAINDER OF MEXICO SE OF 
TROUGH AXIS TO 97W.  JET STREAM WINDS ARE UP TO 90 TO 110 KT. AT 
THE SURFACE BROAD RIDGE WITH A HIGH CENTER WELL NORTH OF THE 
AREA DOMINATES THE FLOW.  CLEAR SKIES ARE FOUND NORTH OF 25N E 
OF 120W.  ELSEWHERE BROKEN TO OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED 
STRATOCUMULUS ARE NORTH OF 15N.

E OF 100W...
UPPER LEVEL RIDGE WITH VERY STRONG SUBSIDENCE COVERED VIRTUALLY 
ENTIRE AREA E OF 100W.  NORTH OF THE ITCZ SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS 
ARE OBSERVED AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ARE SOUTH OF THE 
ITCZ.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.