Subject: Indian-S: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:30:25 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 041829
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 04/02/2005 AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 028/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    04/02/2005 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12 (GERARD) 973 HPA 
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 28.6S / 58.6E 
(TWENTY EIGHT DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL SIX
DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST 20 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN150 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 300 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS
 FROM THE CENTER, REACHING LOCALLY HURRICANE FORCE WINDS 65KT AND VERY
HIGH SEAS JUST EAST OF THE CENTER.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS
FROM THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 160 NM IN THE  SOUTHEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/05 AT 06 UTC: 
32.1S / 61.0E, MAX WIND = 60 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/02/05 AT 18 UTC: 
35.5S / 65.0E, MAX WIND = 60 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
GERARD HAS ACCELERATED SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARDS, ATTRACTED BY THE TROUGH,
INTENSIFYING LIGHTLY DURING LAST HOURS. IT IS NOW ALMOST A CYCLONE, WITH
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS HUTS EAST OF THE CENTRE DUE TO THE RAPID MOTION OF
THE SYSTEM.
IT SHOULD BEGIN TO WEAKEN DUE TO THE UPPER LEVEL STRONG NORTHWESTERLY
FLOW , OVER COOLER SST.
IT IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON ACCELERATING AND EVACUATING 
SOUTHSOUTHEASTWARDS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.