Subject: Indian-S: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:19:17 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 040617
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 04/02/2005
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 026/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: FRIDAY    04/02/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12 (GERARD) 975 HPA
POSITION:           24.8S / 57.6E
(TWENTY FOUR DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY SEVEN DECIMAL SIX
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST 11 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN140 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP
TO 240 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 300 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/60 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTER.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS
FROM THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 60 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 80 NM IN THE  SOUTHYEASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/04 AT 18 UTC:
26.7S / 57.8E, MAX WIND = 55 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/05 AT 06 UTC:
29.0S / 58.0E, MAX WIND = 45 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE SYSTEM REMAINS SMALL AND CONTINUE INTENSIFYING, BUT SHOULD
RAPIDLY
SUFFER FROM A UPPER LEVEL STRONG NORTHWESTERLY FLOW .
IT IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON  HEADING SOUTHWARDS THEN SOUTHEASTWARDS IN
THE
 DIRECTION OF THE TROUGH PRESENT TO THE SOUTH.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.