Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:04:31 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 131500
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
/AND SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/131500Z-140600ZFEB2005//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/130751ZFEB2005//
REF/B/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/131352ZFEB2005//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
        (1) AT 130600Z0 TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 18P (NANCY) WAS LOC-
ATED NEAR 13.0S4 164.5W6, APPROXIMATELY 375 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF
PAGO PAGO, AND HAD TRACKED EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 07 KNOTS OVER THE
PAST 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 130900) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
        (2) AT 131200Z7 TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 19P WAS LOCATED NEAR
9.3S2 177.4W9, APPROXIMATELY 500 NM NORTHWEST OF PAGO PAGO, AND
HAD TRACKED EAST-NORTHEASTWARD AT 03 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTPS32 PGTW 131500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
        (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED 9.4S3 177.4W9
IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA 2.A.(2)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1) TO WARN-
ING STATUS.
4. THE JTWC HOMEPAGE WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FROM APPROXIMATELY 150200Z8
TO 150830Z7FEB DUE TO MAINTENANCE.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.