Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:08:49 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 190308
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SAT FEB 19 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0230 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS ALONG 3N78W 6N90W 3N100W 6N110W 6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
A SURFACE TROUGH FROM 30N125W TO 23N128W IS WEAKENING. A COLD 
FRONT W OF THE AREA IS MOVING E.

A MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH 30N124W TO 20N130W.. A 360 NM WIDE BAND 
OF MULTILAYRED CLOUDS WITH AREAS OF RAIN EXTENDS FROM BAJA 
CALIFORNIA TO 15N122W. STRONG UPPER WINDS ARE NOTED ALONG A 180 
NM WIDE BAND FROM 27N113W TO 18N122W.TO 15N126W. LARGE AREAS OF 
SINKING DRY AIR ARE NOTED ON WATER VAPOR IMAGERY ELSEWHERE W OF 
120W.

A BROAD RIDGE DOMINATED THE REST OF THE AREA TO THE E WITH 
SINKING DRY AIR SUPPRESSING CONVECTION.

$$
FET

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.