Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 03:13:55 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 220913
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SAT JAN 22 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0845 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS ALONG 4N77W 3N83W 3N97W
9N116W 7N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM
OF A LINE FROM 4N90W TO 2N96W. ISOLATED MODERATE NEAR 1N103W
10N116W 10N123W AND 10N129W.

..DISCUSSION...
W OF 110W...
OPEN UPPER RIDGE BEING PUSHED EASTWARD TONIGHT BY AN APPROACHING
HIGH LATITUDE SHORTWAVE TROUGH. THE TROUGH IS STILL W OF THE
AREA AND WILL BEGIN TO LIFT NE DURING THE NEXT 24 HR. THE RIDGE
AXIS IS ALONG 30N130W TO 15N140W. HIGH LEVEL MOISTURE CONTINUES
TO SPILL OVER THE RIDGE WHERE DIFFLUENT UPPER WINDS AHEAD OF THE
TROUGH ARE PROVIDING UPWARD VERTICAL MOTION.

THE MOISTURE IS WORKING IT'S WAY SE AROUND AN UPPER LOW THAT HAS
MOVED INLAND OVER EXTREME NW MEXICO. THE LOW WAS CENTERED NEAR
29.3N112.4W AND WAS DRIFTING SE. THE MOISTURE WRAPPING AROUND
THE LOW WAS MERGING WITH EQUATORIAL MOISTURE FROM CONVECTION ON
THE ITCZ ALONG 10N. A STATIONARY UPPER TROUGH WAS LOCATED FROM
15N125W TO 4N140W. THE UPPER WINDS WERE ACCELERATING OUT OF THE
TROUGH ADVECTING THE HIGH LEVEL MOISTURE E AND NE.

E OF 110W...
AN UPPER HIGH WAS CENTERED NEAR 5N95W AND WAS STATIONARY. A
RIDGE EXTENDED N ACROSS SOUTHERN MEXICO INTO THE GULF OF MEXICO.
A WELL DEFINED DIVERGENT FLOW WAS EVIDENT ENTERING 110W WITH A
JET SEGMENT ALONG 16N110W TO SE TEXAS AT SPEEDS OF 80 TO 90 KT.
A WEAKER SEGMENT HEADED SE FROM 10N110W TO EQUATOR100W.

OVER LOWER CENTRAL AMERICA THE ATMOSPHERE BECOMES VERY STABLE
WITH STRONG SUBSIDENCE EVIDENT IN THE WATER VAPOR IMAGERY. THIS
IS BEING PRODUCED BY SPEED CONVERGENCE OF THE UPPER WINDS IN
THAT AREA. NO CONVECTION IS NOTED E OF 90W. ISOLATED CONVECTION
WAS OCCURING ALONG THE ITCZ BETWEEN 90W AND 95W WHERE THE UPPER
WINDS WERE A LITTLE MORE FAVORABLE.

$$
RRG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.