Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 19/01/2005 At

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:18:35 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 190600
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 19/01/2005 AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 008/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 19/01/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DEPRESSION 9 997 HPA
POSITION:           13.3S / 76.9E
(THIRTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY SIX DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 15 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING UP TO
 200 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 30 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/19 AT 18 UTC:
14.6S / 74.3E, MAX WIND = 35 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/01/20 AT 06 UTC:
15.6S / 71.5E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON TRACKING GENERALLY WEST-SOUTHWESTWARDS
 RATHER QUICKLY ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.
THE SYSTEMM HAS BATTER ORGANIZATION OVER THE LAST HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.