Subject: Australia: High Seas Weather Warning For Metarea 10 Issued By The Australian Bureau Of

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:03:20 -0600

WOAU01 ABRF 241302
IDQ20008
SECURITE

HIGH SEAS WEATHER WARNING FOR METAREA 10 ISSUED BY THE AUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF
METEOROLOGY, BRISBANE 1301 UTC 24 January 2005

GALE WARNING FOR NORTH EASTERN AREA

SITUATION
A broad low with a central pressure of 1002 hectopascals was centred near 19.0
south 148.5 east at 241200 UTC and was expected to move to the south-east at 10
knots. Position poor.

AREA AFFECTED
Within an area bounded by the low to 24S155E to 24S151.5E to 20S148E to the low.
Area contracting south with the low.

FORECAST
Expect SE/E winds 34 to 40 knots and rough to very rough seas.

Forecast position at 250000 UTC near 20.3 S 150.5 E and at 251200 UTC near 21.2
S 152.1 E.

REMARKS
All ships in the area please send weather reports every three hours.  Regular
weather observing ships use normal channels.  Other ships please use either
email to [email-masked] or fax to +61732398776 or satellite to SAC 41
through Land Earth Station Perth 222.

WEATHER BRISBANE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.