Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:52:08 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 131551
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN FEB 13 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
1545 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 4N78W 1N84W 4N93W 3N113W 
6N119W 4N135W 7N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 4N TO 8N 
BETWEEN 89W AND 94W.

DISCUSSION...
A SHORTWAVE MID TO UPPER RIDGE DOMINATES AREA N OF THE ITCZ 
BETWEEN 140W AND 102W WITH AN UPPER ANTICYCLONE CENTERED NEAR 
17N117W. AN EMBEDDED 120 NM DIAMETER CYCLONE IS NOTED 10N129W 
BUT IS LOSING IDENTITY WITH TIME. 

A DEEP LAYERED CYCLONE HAS MID TO UPPER CENTER NEAR 35N138W AND 
IS SHIFTING NE WITH TIME. A TROUGH SW FROM THE CYCLONE IS 
ERODING THE RIDGE OVER THE NW PORTION OF THE DISCUSSION AREA. AT 
THE SURFACE A GALE CENTERED NEAR 32N140W WITH A COLD FRONT INTO 
THE AREA ALONG 32N136W 24N140W.   

AN UPPER TROUGH EXTENDS INTO THE AREA ALONG 32N100W TO 18N104W.
AN UPPER CYCLONE IS NOTED NEAR 7N103W. A WESTERLY UPPER WIND 
MAXIMA ENTERS THE AREA NEAR 14N140W AND CONTINUES E TO NEAR 
16N130W WHERE THE UPPER FLOW SPLITS. ONE BRANCH TURNS 
CYCLONICALLY NE ALONG THE EAST EDGE OF THE UPPER TROUGH AND 
ACROSS THE RIDGE NEAR 32N120W. THE OTHER BRANCH OF THE WESTERLY 
JET CONTINUES SE INTO THE UPPER CYCLONE AT 7N103W.

UPPER DIFFLUENCE IS ENHANCING ITCZ CONVECTION NEAR 6N91W.   
STRONG UPPER DRY AIR/SUBSIDENCE IS OBSERVED NE OF LINE 23N135W 
TO THE EQUATOR AT 101W.

N TO NE WINDS WILL CONTINUE OVER THE SW CARIBBEAN MAINTAINING 20 
TO 25 KT WINDS THROUGH THE CENTRAL AMERICAN GAPS E OF 94W 
THROUGH 48 HOURS.   

$$
NELSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.