Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:30:14 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 142130
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC MON FEB 14 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1800 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
2100 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE IS ALONG THE LINE 1N79W 5N91W 
2N104W 7N140W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITH ISOLATED STRONG 
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 90W AND 
100W.

OTHER CONVECTION...ISOLATED MODERATE N OF 27N WITHIN 60 NM E OF 
COLD FRONT.

DISCUSSION...
TROUGH IS OVER THE AREA NW OF A LINE THROUGH 32N120W TO 
20N140W.  AN ASSOCIATED SURFACE COLD FRONT IS ALONG THE LINE 
THROUGH 32N126W TO 19N140W.  WITHIN 700 NM SE OF THE ABOVE LINE 
UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST MIDDLE AND UPPER 
LEVEL CLOUDS AREA STREAMING NORTHEAST OVER THE NORTHWEST PART OF 
MEXICO AND THE SOUTHWEST UNITED STATES.  SCATTERED TO LOCALLY 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE NORTH OF THE FRONT  

EAST OF A LINE THROUGH 24N105W TO 20N120W TO THE EQUATOR AT 130W 
THE UPPER LEVELS ARE DRY WITH IMPLIED UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE.  
THE DRIEST AIR IS EAST OF 120W.  THE EXCEPTION TO THIS IS THE 
AREA OF CONVECTION MENTIONED IN THE ITCZ SECTION WHICH IS 
RELEASING UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE AND CLOUDINESS WITHIN THE AREA 
FROM 3.5N TO 8N FROM 90W TO 100W.  MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES ARE WITHIN 
THIS AREA.

N TO NE WIND WILL CONTINUE NEXT 48 HOURS OVER THE SW CARIBBEAN 
MAINTAINING A DIURNAL 20 KT WIND THROUGH THE CENTRAL AMERICAN 
GAPS E OF 94W...BUT EXPECTED TO WEAKEN GULF OF PANAMA IN 24 
HOURS.   

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.