Subject: FIJI: 914

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 13:18:14 -0600

WTPS01 NFFN 061800
Gale Warning 011 issued from RSMC NADI Jan 06/1915 UTC 2005 UTC.

Tropical Cyclone KERRY centre [990 hPa] was located near 15 decimal 7
South 168 decimal 4 East at 061800 UTC.

Position Fair.

Repeat position 15.7S 168.4E at 061800 UTC.

Cyclone moving southwest at about 10 knots.

Expect sustained winds of 40 knots decreasing to 35 knots close to
centre in the next 6 to 12 hours.

Expect winds over 33 knots within 120 miles of centre in the
southeastern semicircle and within 60 miles of centre in the
northwestern semicircle.

Forecast position near 16.5S 166.4E at 070600 UTC.
              and near 17.4S 163.5E at 071800 UTC.

Ships within 300 miles of centre are requested to send reports every
three hours to RSMC Nadi. VOS reporting ships use normal channels.
Other vessels fax plus 679 6720190 or email naditcc at met dot gov
dot fj.

This warning cancels and replaces warning 010.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.