Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:30:57 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 190330
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC WED JAN 19 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0300 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 3N78W 5N100W 6N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FOUND WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE
OF AXIS W OF 125W.

..DISCUSSION...
WEST OF 100W...
A LONGWAVE TROUGH OVER CENTRAL PACIFIC WITH MEAN AXIS ALONG 150W
IS SHIFTING ENE ABOUT 8 DEG A DAY. ANOTHER LONGWAVE TROUGH IS
ALONG LINE FROM WEST TEXAS ACROSS MEXICO TO NEAR 27N110W TO
20N120W THROUGH AN UPPER LEVEL CYCLONE CENTERED NEAR 17N120W TO
THE ITCZ NEAR 120W.  BETWEEN THESE TROUGHS...AN UPPER LEVEL
ANTICYCLONE IS FOUND.  UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS BEING ADVECTED
ACROSS THE NORTHWEST PART OF THE AREA NORTH OF 22N W OF 130W.
BETWEEN THE AREA OF MOISTURE AND THE TROUGH THE UPPER LEVELS ARE
DRY WITH IMPLIED UPPER SUBSIDENCE.

SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE SOUTH OF 20N WEST OF 100W.
ALSO SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE NORTH OF 20N WEST OF
130W.  SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND ELSEWHERE.

UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS BEING ADVECTED NORTHEAST ACROSS CENTRAL
MEXICO JUST TO THE EAST OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

EAST OF 100W...
UPPER LEVEL SOUTHERLY FLOW IS FOUND EAST OF 100W AS A RESULT OF
AN ANTICYCLONE OVER NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA.  AT THE LOW LEVELS
STRONG WIND CONTINUES ACROSS THE ISTHMUS OF CENTRAL AMERICA WITH
GALE WIND IN THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC.  SWELLS FROM THIS AREA OF
WIND WILL SPREAD S OF EQUATOR TO NEAR 8S REACHING GALAPAGOS
ISLANDS AS WELL.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.