Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:17:31 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 301824
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 30/01/2005 AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 014/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SUNDAY    30/01/2005 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 11 (EX-FELAPI) 999 HPA 
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.7S / 50.8E 
(TWENTY TWO DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          EAST-NORTH-EAST 14 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE EXTENDING UP
TO 180 NM IN THE NORTHWESTERN SECTOR.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS AROUND THE
CENTRE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/31 AT 06 UTC: 
22.3S / 51.9E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/01/31 AT 18 UTC: 
24.5S / 51.3E, MAX WIND = 30 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
SYSTEM IS TRACKING NORTHEASTWARDS UNDER THE STEERING FLOW DUE TO THE HIGH
, IN AN ENVIRONMENT MORE FAVORABLE TO CONVECTION, WHICH IS RE-BUILDING
OVER THE LOW LEVEL CENTRE.
IT IS FORECASTED TO STAY AT A RATHER WEAK INETSITY BETWEEN MADAGASCAR AND
 MASCAREIGNES ISLANDS THEN. SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON TRACKING
SOUTHWARDS WITHIN 24 HOURS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.