Subject: Indian-S: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 06:23:47 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 081221
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 08/02/2005
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 016/13 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   08/02/2005 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION 13 999 HPA
POSITION:           29.2S / 54.7E
(TWENTY NINE DECIMAL TWO DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY FOUR DECIMAL SEVEN
DEGREES EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 6 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS UP TO 400NM FROM THE CENTER, ONLY IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 25/30 KT AND  ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS NEAR THE
CENTER, REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH  WITHIN 250 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, BUT REACHING
GALE
FORCE WINDS 35/45 KT FROM 60NM TO 160 NM 120 NM RADIUS IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/09 AT 00 UTC:
30.4S / 55.0E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/02/09 AT 12 UTC:
32.4S / 55.4E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGEST WINDS ARE MAINLY LOCATED IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO
THE
 GRADIENT WITH THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES. THOSES WINDS ARE
EXPECTED
TO WEAKEN RAPIDLY AS THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES GO AWAY.
THE SYSTEM IS FORCAST TO EVACUATE SOUTHEASTWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.