Subject: FIJI: Hurricane Warning 048 Issued From Rsmc Nadi Feb 14/0122 Utc 2005 Utc.

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:28:51 -0600

WHPS02 NFFN 140000    
Hurricane Warning 048 issued from RSMC NADI Feb 14/0122 UTC 2005 UTC.

Tropical Cyclone OLAF [975 hPa] centre was located near 9 decimal 4 South 178
decimal 1 West at 140000 UTC.
Position Good.
Repeat position 9.4S 178.1W at 140000 UTC.
Cyclone is near stationary but expected to move towards the east in the next 24
hours. 

Expect sustained winds of 60 knots close to the centre increasing to 85 knots in
the next 12 to 24 hours.

Expect winds over 47 knots within 60 miles of centre and
             over 33 knots within 150 miles of centre in the northeast
semicircle      and within 90 nautical miles of centre elsewhere. 

Forecast position near 9.6S 177.2W at 141200 UTC.
              and near 10.7S 175.4W at 150000 UTC.

All vessels within within 300 nautical miles of centre are requested to
sendreports every three hours. VOS reperting ships use normal channels. Other
vessels fax plus 679 6720190 or email naditcc at met dot gov dot fj.

This warning cancels and replaces warning 045.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.