Subject: Indian-S: Subj/tropical Cyclone Warning//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 08:23:57 -0600

WTXS31 PGTW 081500
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S (VIVIENNE) WARNING NR 004
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   081200Z1 --- NEAR 15.9S5 115.9E6
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 360 DEGREES AT 01 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 15.9S5 115.9E6
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   090000Z9 --- 15.7S3 115.9E6
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 035 DEG/ 02 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   091200Z2 --- 15.4S0 116.1E9
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
081500Z4 POSITION NEAR 15.9S5 115.9E6.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 17S (VIVIENNE), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 310
NM NORTH-NORTHWEST OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA, HAS TRACKED NORTH-
WARD AT 01 KNOT OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS
BASED ON 081130Z3 ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARN-
ING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY ESTIMATES
OF 35 KNOTS. A 081039Z1 SSM/I PASS INDICATES THAT THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER HAS BECOME FULLY EXPOSED. ANIMATED VISIBLE
IMAGERY SHOWS THAT THE DEEP CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED SIGNIFICANTLY
OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS. THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO DRIFT SLOWLY
NORTHWARD WITHIN A WEAK STEERING ENVIRONMENT AND WEAKEN SLOWLY DUE
TO MARGINAL VERTICAL WIND SHEAR CONDITIONS. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT
WAVE HEIGHT AT 081200Z1 IS 15 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN).
THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.