Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:16:20 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 161516
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC WED FEB 16 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS ALONG 6N78W 4N95W 5N125W 7N135W 6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH COVERS THE NW PORTION OF THE AREA...AND 
IS LOCATED N OF 15N W OF 125W WITH AXIS EXTENDING FROM 32N131W 
24N135W TO 15N138W. AN EMBEDDED SHORTWAVE IS LOCATED NEAR 
26N133W MOVING RAPIDLY E AND WEAKENING. AT THE SURFACE 
DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT IS ALONG 32N121W 24N125W 15N133W. 
SCATTERED TO OCCASIONALLY BROKEN COLD AIR STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS 
ARE NW OF THE FRONT. MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE AND RESULTANT 
DRY SINKING AIR IS S OF 25N W OF 130W. SATELLITE DERIVED WINDS 
INDICATE A 90 TO 100 KT JET STREAM FROM 22N125W NE TO THE 
NORTHERN BAJA PENINSULA AND INTO SW ARIZONA. THE JET IS 
ADVECTING MOISTURE INTO NORTHERN MEXICO AND THE SW UNITED STATES.

MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGING DOMINATES THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA WITH 
RATHER DRY CONDITIONS AND VERY LIMITED SHOWER/TSTM ACTIVITY 
...EXCEPT FOR WEAKENING WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG THE 
ITCZ BETWEEN 85W AND 95W...AND ALSO THE AREA OF MID/UPPER LEVEL 
MOISTURE WITHIN ABOUT 500 NM SE OF JET STREAM. SCATTERED LOW 
CLOUDS WITH LARGE AREAS OF CLEAR SKIES ARE FOUND ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN THE RIDGE

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.