Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 20/01/2005

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:11:11 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 200609
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 20/01/2005
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 012/09 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  20/01/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 9 (DAREN) 988 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 15.8S / 71.9E
(FIFTEEN DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY ONE DECIMAL NINE
DEGREES
 EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 11 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 80 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING
UP TO
 350 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 50 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/20 AT 18 UTC:
17.1S / 67.9E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/01/21 AT 06 UTC:
17.9S / 64.9E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DAREN IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON TRACKING QUICKLY GENERALLY
WEST-SOUTHWESTWARDS ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
PRESSURES.
STRONGER WINDS EXIST FAR IN THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO GRADIENT
EFFECT WITH SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.