Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 06:17:34 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 011215
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 01/02/2005
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 015/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   01/02/2005 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 12 1002 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.7S / 64.6E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL SIX
DEGREES
EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          QUASI-STATIONARY

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE,
EXTENDING UP
 TO 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE, AND 400 NM EAST AND NORTH OF
THE
SYSTEM.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE SEAS FAR FROM THE CENTRE,
BETWEEN 100 NM AND 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE, ALL SECTORS BUT
SOUTHWESTERN
QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/02 AT 00 UTC:
19.8S / 63.7E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/02 AT 12 UTC:
20.1S / 62.0E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
MONSOON DEPRESSION SYSTEM : LARGE LOW LEVEL CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION ;
WINDS
 ARE WEAK CLOSE TO THE CENTRE, AND BECOME STRONGER FAR FROM THE
CENTRE.
THE WHOLE SYSTEM (DEPRESSION AND SQUALL LINES ) IS EXPECTED TO TRACK
SOUTHWESTWARDS RATHER SLOWLY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.