Subject: FIJI: 603

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:20:14 -0600

WTPS01 NFFN 071800
Storm Warning 015 issued from RSMC NADI Jan 07/1918 UTC 2005 UTC.

Tropical Cyclone KERRY centre [975 hPa] was located near 17 decimal 6
South 162 decimal 3 East at 071800 UTC.

Position Poor.

Repeat position 17.6S 162.3E at 071800 UTC.

Cyclone moving west southwest at about 15 knots.

Expect sustained winds of 60 knots decreasing to 50 knots close to
centre in the next 12 to 24 hours.

Expect winds over 47 knots within 40 miles of centre and over 33
knots within 120 miles of centre in the southeastern semicircle and
within 60 miles of centre in the northwestern semicircle.

Forecast position near 18.4S 160.3E at 080600 UTC.
              and near 19.2S 159.2E at 081800 UTC.

Ships within 300 miles of centre are requested to send reports every
three hours to RSMC Nadi. VOS reporting ships use normal channels.
Other vessels fax plus 679 6720190 or email naditcc at met dot gov
dot fj.

This warning cancels and replaces warning 014.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.