Subject: FIJI:

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 20:08:40 -0600

WTPS11 NFFN 060000

PART 01

TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ADVISORY NUMBER A5 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI
JAN 06/0203 UTC 2005 UTC.

TROPICAL CYCLONE KERRY CENTRE [987HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 13.6S 171.2E
AT 060000 UTC.  POSITION FAIR BASED ON HR GOES9 VIS IMAGERY WITH
ANIMATION.  CYCLONE CURRENTLY MOVING SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 10 KNOTS.
MAXIMUM 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS NEAR THE CENTRE ESTIMATED AT ABOUT 45
KNOTS.  WINDS ABOVE 33 KNOTS WITHIN 150 MILES OF CENTRE IN EASTERN
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 90 MILES OF CENTRE IN WESTERN SEMICIRCLE.

ORGANISATION HAS IMPROVED BUT THE CDO AND BANDING FEATURE HAVE
WEAKENED DURING PAST 6 HOURS. LLCC IS UNDER DEEP CONVECTION IN CDO.
MIDDLE LEVEL DRY AIR APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN DRAWN INTO NORTHERN
SEMICIRCLE AND HAS SUPPRESSED DEEP CONVECTION AROUND CDO. SST AROUND
30C. IRREGULAR CDO DIAMETER 1.1 DEGREE YIELDS DT=

END PART 01

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.