Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 04:10:13 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 231009
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED FEB 23 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0945 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS IS ALONG 4N77W 5N90W 4N100W 6N114W 5N125W 6N140W.
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION IS NOTED.

DISCUSSION...
JETSTREAM CONSISTING OF TWO ENERGIZED BRANCHES IS CENTERED ALONG 
A LINE FROM 15N140W TO 15N113W WHERE THE FLOW SPLITS. ONE BRANCH 
TURNS CYCLONICALLY NE ACROSS OLD MEXICO AND SOUTHERN TEXAS TO 
BEYOND 30N88W. THE SECOND BRANCH TURNS ANTICYCLONICALLY SE AND 
BECOMES DIFFUSED ALONG 105W.

N OF THE JET...A MID TO UPPER LEVEL...NEGATIVE TILT...SHORT WAVE 
TROUGH IS EMBEDDED IN A LONG WAVE RIDGE. THE ASSOCIATED DEEP 
LAYERED CYCLONE IS CENTERED JUST N OF THE DISCUSSION AREA MOVING 
INLAND NEAR 33N119W. ITS SURFACE REFLECTION IS INDICATED AS 
A WEAKENING FRONTAL TROUGH FROM 30N116W TO 25N120W. 

IN THE TROPICS...UPPER DEBRIS MOISTURE IS OBSERVED WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 7N149W ALONG 7N120W TO 7N115W...
ORIGINATING FROM ITCZ CONVECTION NEAR 6N146W AND FROM THE 
CONVECTION THAT EARLIER DEVELOPED ALONG THE ITCZ W OF 129W. 
OTHERWISE...DRY AIR IS INDICATED S OF THE JET MERGING WITH EVEN 
DRIER AIR DESCRIBED BELOW.

THE UPPER LEVELS OF THE SUBTROPICS...AND ELSEWHERE N OF 20N... 
ARE DRY INDICATING MODERATE TO STRONG UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE. 
WITHIN THE JET...A 600 NM WIDE BAND OF UPPER MOISTURE HAS AXIS 
ALONG 14N140W 14N120W...THEN NARROWS TO 150 NM WIDE TO ACROSS
MEXICO AT 21N105W.

AN UPPER ANTICYCLONE IS ESTIMATED NEAR 2N135W. STRONG SUBSIDENCE
AND RESULTANT DRY AIR ALOFT COVERS THE AREA SE OF THE JETSTREAM
E OF 110W. MODERATE SUBSIDENCE IS SEEN ELSEWHERE S OF THE 
SOUTHERN JET STREAM BRANCH.

NE WINDS TO 20 KT ARE BEING REPORTED ACROSS CENTRAL AMERICA INTO
THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...WITH  NLY WINDS OCCASIONALLY TO 20 KT NEAR
THE GULF OF PANAMA. THESE WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO DECREASE TO LESS
THAN 20 KT WITHIN ABOUT 36 HOURS.

$$
AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.