Subject: Indian-S: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:20:00 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 021818
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 02/02/2005
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 023/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 02/02/2005 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SUBTROPICAL DEPRESSION 11 (EX-FELAPI) 1000 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 30.9S / 51.5E
(THIRTY DECIMAL NINE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY ONE DECIMAL FIVE DEGREES
EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 10 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 100 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.

NEAR GALE TO GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS
WITHIN
30 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/03 AT 06 UTC:
31.5S / 52.9E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/02/03 AT 18 UTC:
32.8S / 54.3E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
STRONGER WINDS ARE LOCATED IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE OF EX-FELAPI
DUE
TO THE GRADIANT. THE SYSTEM KEEPS ON YTACKING SOUTHEASTWARDS, AND IS
ABOUT TO BECOME AN EXTRA-TROPICAL SYSTEM.
LAST MESSAGE FOR THE SYSTEM EX-FELAPI. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION,
PLEASE
REFER TO REGULAR GMDSS REPORTS (HEADER FQIO020).=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.