Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:50:59 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 202150
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC SAT FEB 19 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1800 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
2030 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS 8N82W 5N90W 5N140W. 
NO SIG CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL TROUGH COVERS THE AREA N OF A JETSTREAM 
ALONG LINE 25N107W TO 12N140W.  A LOW  NORTH OF THE AREA IS 
CIRCULATING MOIST MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL AIR OVER THE AREA NORTH 
OF 27N EAST OF 132W.  AN ASSOCIATED SURFACE COLD FRONT IS ALONG 
LINE THROUGH 32N125W 21N140W.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILEVEL 
CLOUDS ARE FOUND N OF 28N FROM 123W TO 132W.  OTHERWISE THE 
MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVELS NORTH OF THE JETSTREAM ARE DRY WITH 
IMPLIED UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE.  CLEAR SKIES ARE NORTH OF 24N 
EAST OF 123W.  OTHERWISE MOSTLY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE WITHIN 
THIS AREA.  WITHIN 600 NM SE OF THE JETSTREAM UPPER LEVEL 
MOISTURE IS FLOWING NORTHEAST OVER CENTRAL MEXICO.  SOUTHEAST OF 
THE JETSTREAM TO 103W AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE DOMINATES THE FLOW.  
VERY LITTLE CONVECTION IS ALONG THE ITCZ WEST OF 103W.

EAST OF 108W MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL LOW IS FOUND EMBEDDED IN 
STRONG SUBSIDENCE NEAR 10N95W. SE OF THE LOW CENTER...WEAK TO 
MODERATE DIFFLUENCE ALOFT IS HELPING TO SUSTAIN AN AREA OF 
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF THE POINT 
5.3N91.6W.  UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS FLOWING NORTHEAST FROM THIS 
AREA TOWARD COSTA RICA AND NICARAGUA.  ASIDE FROM THESE AREAS 
THE AREA EAST OF 108W IS QUITE DRY IN WATER VAPOR IMAGERY 
IMPLYING MODERATE TO STRONG UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE.  NORTH OF 
THE ITCZ SKIES ARE CLEAR EAST OF 105W EXCEPT FOR THE CLOUDS 
EMANATING FROM THE ITCZ CONVECTION.  SOUTH OF THE ITCZ MOSTLY 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST SKIES ARE OBSERVED.

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.