Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 00:15:54 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 010614
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 01/02/2005
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 014/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   01/02/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 12 1002 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 18.3S / 64.5E
(EIGHTEEN DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL FIVE
DEGREES
 EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 6 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FAR FROM THE CENTRE, WITHIN APPROXIMATELY 100
TO
150 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 500 NM IN THE EASTERN
AND
NORTHERN SECTORS.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE SEAS FAR FROM THE CENTRE,
BETWEEN 100 NM AND 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE, ALL SECTORS BUT
SOUTHWESTERN
QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/01 AT 18 UTC:
19.4S / 63.4E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/02 AT 06 UTC:
20.1S / 61.8E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
UNUSUAL SYSTEM, MONSOON DEPRESSION TYPE : WINDS ARE WEAK CLOSE TO THE
CENTRE, AND BECOME STRONGER FAR FROM THE CENTRE. STRONG SQUALLS
BETWEEN
12S AND 22S, AND 65E AND 75E.
THE WHOLE SYSTEM (DEPRESSION AND SQUALLS) TRACKS SOUTHWESTWARDS
RATHER
SLOWLY.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.