Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 03:08:22 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 100908
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU FEB 10 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0900 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N78W 6N100W 14N123W 6N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 140 NM WIDE FROM 114W TO 117W.

DISCUSSION...

W OF 120W 
MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH COVERS THE AREA WITH CYCLONIC CIRCULATION 
AT 32N130W. UPPER LEVEL JET STREAM ENTERS THE AREA AT 32N135 SE 
TO 20N130W. WINDS IN THE JET CORE ARE FROM 110 TO 115 KT. STRONG 
SUBSIDENCE...DRY AIR...INDICATED ON WATER VAPOR S OF LINE 
32N134W TO 15N125W. SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 18N116W TO 
7N133W.

E OF 120W
MID/UPPER ANTICYCLONIC FLOW COVERS THE AREA E OF 115W. A 110 TO 
120 KT JET STREAM WITH AXIS FROM 21N120W NE INTO THE NORTHERN 
BAJA PENINSULA THEN INTO ARIZONA. THE JET IS ADVECTING ABUNDENT 
PACIFIC MOISTURE INTO NORTHERN MEXICO AND THE SW U.S. MODERATE 
TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE/DRY AIR S OF 20N E OF 105W. 

MODERATE TO STRONG WIND OVER GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND PANAMA 
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE NEXT 36-48 HRS.

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.