Subject: Indian-S: Tropical Cyclone Forecast Warning (south-west Indian Ocean)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:14:43 -0600

WTIO30 FMEE 050613

RSMC / TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE / LA REUNION
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST WARNING (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

0.A WARNING NUMBER                 : 30/12/20042005
1.A SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12  (GERARD)

2.A POSITION 2005/02/05 AT 0600 UTC :
WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 33.3S / 59.8E
(THIRTY THREE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL
EIGHT
DEGREES EAST)

3.A DVORAK ANALYSIS                : 3.5/4.0 /W  0.5/12 H
4.A CENTRAL PRESSURE               : 980 HPA
5.A MAX AVERAGE WIND SPEED (10 MN) : 55 KT

6.A EXTENSION OF WINDS BY QUADRANTS (KM):
30 KT       NE: 400   SE: 300   SO: 200   NO: 150
50 KT       NE: 110   SE: 110   SO: 080   NO: 080

7.A FIRST CLOSED ISOBARE (PRESSURE / AVERAGE DIAM): 1004 HPA / 500 KM
8.A VERTICAL EXTENSION OF CYCLONE CIRCULATION: DEEP

1.B FORECASTS:
12H: 2005/02/05 18 UTC: 36.0S/64.0E, MAX WIND=050KT , BECOMING
EXTRATROPICAL.
24H: 2005/02/06 06 UTC: 40.0S/71.0E, MAX WIND=050KT , EXTRATROPICAL.
36H: 2005/02/06 18 UTC: 43.0S/78.0E, MAX WIND=045KT , EXTRATROPICAL.

2.B OTHER INFORMATIONS:
GERARD WEAKENS AND BECOMES EXTRATROPICAL OVER COOLER SST, TRACKING
SOUTHEASTWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.