Subject: Indian-N: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:20:52 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 200619
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 20/01/2005
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 007/08 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  20/01/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 8 (ERNEST) 993 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 12.7S / 45.4E
(TWELVE DECIMAL SEVEN DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY FIVE DECIMAL FOUR
DEGREES
EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 13 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WHITHIN 130  NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE MAINLY
IN
THE SOUTHWESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE, EXTENDING LOCALLY UP TO 200NM FROM THE
CENTRE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTER.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/20 AT 18 UTC:
14.1S / 43.7E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/01/21 AT 06 UTC:
15.9S / 42.1E, MAX WIND = 40 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THIS SYSTEM HAS QUICKY INTENSIFIED LAST NIGHT.
ERNEST IS EXPECTED TO  KEEP ON TRACKING SOUTHSOUTHWESTWARDS AND
SLIGHTLY
INTENSIFY DURING THE NEXT FEW HOURS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.