Subject: Indian-N: Issued By Meteo-france/tropical Cyclone Centre/la Reunion 19/01/2005

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:05:43 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 191204
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 19/01/2005
AT
1200 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 9/9 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 19/01/2005 AT 1200 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 9 (DAREN) 990 HPA
POSITION:           14.1S / 75.5E
(FOURTEEN DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND SEVENTY FIVE DECIMAL FIVE
DEGREES
 EAST) AT 1200 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 16 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS OF THE CENTER, EXTENDING
UP TO
 200 NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/40 KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS
 OF THE CENTRE.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 30 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 50 NM IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/20 AT 00 UTC:
15.1S / 73.0E, MAX WIND = 45 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/01/20 AT 12 UTC:
16.0S / 70.2E, MAX WIND = 50 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
DAREN IS EXPECTED TO KEEP ON TRACKING GENERALLY WEST-SOUTHWESTWARDS
RATHER QUICKLY ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH
PRESSURES.
STRONGER WINDS EXIST FAR IN THE SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM DUE TO GRADIENT
EFFECT WITH SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES. POTENTIAL FOR INTENSIFICATION
IS
MODERATE.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.