Subject: Indian-S: Subj/tropical Cyclone Warning//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:46:07 -0600

WTXS31 PGTW 170900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 10S WARNING NR 004
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   170600Z4 --- NEAR 15.5S1 107.3E1
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 275 DEGREES AT 16 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 15.5S1 107.3E1
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   171800Z7 --- 15.5S1 104.0E5
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 260 DEG/ 16 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   180600Z5 --- 16.1S8 100.8E9
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
170900Z7 POSITION NEAR 15.5S1 106.5E2.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 10S, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 630 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF COCOS ISLAND, HAS TRACKED WESTWARD AT 16 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING POSITION IS BASED ON 170530Z6
MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS ESTI-
MATED BASED ON PERSISTENCE. RECENT ANIMATED SATELLITE IMAGERY
INDICATES A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EAST
OF THE DECREASING CONVECTION. TC 10S IS FORECAST TO TRACK WEST-
WARD ALONG THE NORTHERN PERIPHERY OF THE LOW TO MID LEVEL STEER-
ING RIDGE LOCATED SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM. TC 10S IS FORECAST TO
CONTINUE WEAKENING AND TO DISSIPATE BY THE END OF THE FORECAST
PERIOD. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 170600Z4 IS 07 FEET.
THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON
WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MON
ITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.