Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:27:35 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 140227
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC MON FEB 14 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0245 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...2N78W 5N90W 5N120W 4N140W. 
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 30 NM WIDE FROM 90W TO 95W.

DISCUSSION...
A COLD FRONT 30N132W 22N140W AND RIDGE 28N120W 19N140W. W OF 
FRONT WIND W TO NW 25 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. N OF 24N E OF 
FRONT NW OF RIDGE WIND SW TO 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
N TO NE WINDS WILL CONTINUE OVER THE SW CARIBBEAN MAINTAINING 20 
TO 25 KT WINDS THROUGH THE CENTRAL AMERICANCOASTAL AREAS E OF 
94W FOR NEXT 24 TO  48 HOURS.   
A NORTHWARD MOVING UPPER LEVEL CYCLONE NEAR 9N98W IS HELPING THE 
CONVECTION TO THE SE. A STRONG UPPER LEVEL JET IS WITHIN 180 NM 
OF A LINE 16N140W TO 30N120W IN ADVANCE OF A TROUGH TO THE W. 
THE REST OF THE AREA IS UNDER SINKING DRY AIR SUPRESSING 
CONVECTION.

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.