Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 03:10:27 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 090910
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC WED FEB 09 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0900 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 4N78W 5N90W 3N105W 10N125W 
7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 50 NM OF AXIS 
FROM 87W TO 91W AND WITHIN 180 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 115W AND 
125W.

DISCUSSION...
LARGE MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH COVERS MOST OF THE AREA W  OF 
120W...WITH A CYCLONIC CIRCULATION NEAR 31N134W. MODERATE TO 
STRONG SUBSIDENCE...DRY AIR...IS S OF 25N W OF 128W. UPPER LEVEL 
DIFFLUENT FLOW IS ENHANCING THE ITCZ CONVECTION BETWEEN 115W AND 
125W. A 100-110 KT JET STREAM LOCATED ON THE W SIDE OF THE 
TROUGH FROM 32N138W TO 19N132W. A COLD FRONT HAS ENTERED THE 
AREA FROM 32N133W TO 25N140W. SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 7N133W 
TO 18N117W.

MID/UPPER ANTICYCLONIC FLOW THROUGHOUT AREA E OF 115W WITH 
SATELLITE DERIVED WINDS INDICATING 110-120 KT JET STREAM FROM 
23N120W ACROSS THE CENTRAL BAJA PENINSULA INTO NORTHERN MEXICO. 
THE JET IS ADVECTING ABUNDANT PACIFIC MOISTURE INTO CENTRAL AND 
NORTHERN MEXICO. MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE/DRY AIR INDICATED 
S OF 20N E OF 105W. THE SUBSIDENCE HAS SUPPRESSED THE CONVECTION 
ALONG ITCZ EXCEPT FOR AN AREA OF SCATTERED TSTMS ALONG ITCZ FROM 
87W TO 91W.

MODERATE TO STRONG WIND CONTINUE CROSSING INTO E PAC FROM SW 
CARIBBEAN THROUGH GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND PANAMA EXPECTED TO 
CONTINUE NEXT 36-48 HRS. 

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.