Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Vii

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:41:01 -0600

WTIO24 FMEE 290638
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 29/01/2005 AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 9/11 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  29/01/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 11 (EX-FELAPI) 1000 HPA
POSITION:           26.1S / 45.8E
(TWENTY SIX DECIMAL ONE DEGREES SOUTH AND FORTY FIVE DECIMAL EIGHT
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-EAST 8 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 70 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP
TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SECTOR.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS , LOCALLY
REACHING NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE DUE TO THE GRADIENT EFFECT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/01/29 AT 18 UTC:
27.7S / 47.0E, MAX WIND = 30 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/01/30 AT 06 UTC:
30.1S / 51.0E, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
SYSTEM INTENSITY DOES NOT JUSTIFY AT PRESENT ISSUANCE OF REGULAR WARNINGS
.
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER BECAME OVER SEA AGAIN.
SYSTEM IS EXPECTED RAPIDLY TO BE EVACUATED SOUTHEASTWARDS IN THE EXISTING
 TROUGH.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.