Subject: FIJI: 135

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 19:06:18 -0600

WTPS01 NFFN 060000
STORM WARNING 008 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI JAN 06/0103 UTC 2005 UTC.

TROPICAL CYCLONE KERRY CENTRE [987 HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 13 DECIMAL 6
SOUTH 171 DECIMAL 2 EAST AT 060000 UTC.

POSITION POOR.

REPEAT POSITION 13.6S 171.2E AT 060000 UTC.

CYCLONE MOVING SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 10 KNOTS BUT EXPECTED TO TURN WEST
SOUTHWEST.

EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 45 KNOTS INCREASING TO 50 KNOTS CLOSE TO
CENTRE IN THE NEXT 6-12 HOURS.

EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 150 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE EASTERN
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 90 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE WESTERN SEMICIRCLE.

FORECAST POSITION NEAR 14.8S 169.0E AT 061200 UTC.
              AND NEAR 15.6S 165.9E AT 070000 UTC.

SHIPS WITHIN 300 MILES OF CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO SEND REPORTS EVERY
THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE NORMAL CHANNELS.
OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC AT MET DOT GOV
DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 007.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.