Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:24:12 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 130223
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SUN FEB 13 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0245 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N77W 6N120W 6N140W. NO SIG 
CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
BROAD SURFACE RIDGE DOMINATES THE AREA WITH A 1021MB HIGH NEAR 
28N125W. A WEAK LOW LEVEL TROUGH IS ALONG 115W S OF 13N.

STRONG NE WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE..25 TO 30 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN AREAS N OF 5N E OF 95W. A COLD FRONT OVER THE NW CORNER OF 
THE AREA IS INCREASING S TO SW WINDS OF 20 TO 25 KT WITH SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT.
ELSEWHERE WINDS ARE 15 TO 20 KT AND SEAS ARE IN THE 6 TO 8 FT 
RANGE.

SINKING DRY AIR DOMINATES THE UPPER LEVELS PREVENTING ANY 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. 

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.