Subject: FIJI: 093

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 07:29:13 -0600

WTPS01 NFFN 061200
GALE WARNING 010 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI JAN 06/1326 UTC 2005 UTC.

**CORRECTION FOR WARNING TYPE**
TROPICAL CYCLONE KERRY CENTRE [987 HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 15 DECIMAL 2
SOUTH 169 DECIMAL 3 EAST AT 061200 UTC.

POSITION POOR.

REPEAT POSITION 15.2S 169.3E AT 061200 UTC.

CYCLONE MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 13 KNOTS.

EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 45 KNOTS DECREASING TO 35 KNOTS CLOSE TO
CENTRE IN THE NEXT 6 TO 12 HOURS.

EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 180 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 90 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE
NORTHWESTERN SEMICIRCLE.

FORECAST POSITION NEAR 15.9S 166.8E AT 070000 UTC.
              AND NEAR 16.7S 163.8E AT 071200 UTC.

SHIPS WITHIN 300 MILES OF CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO SEND REPORTS EVERY
THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE NORMAL CHANNELS.
OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC AT MET DOT GOV
DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 009.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.