Subject: Indian-N: Subj/tropical Cyclone Warning//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:25:20 -0600

WTIO21 PGTW 131330
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN
A 200 NM RADIUS OF 5.9N4 87.1E6 WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.
AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CY
CLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.  WINDS IN THE AREA ARE ESTIMATED TO
BE 25 TO 30 KNOTS. METSAT IMAGERY AT 131130Z9 INDICATES THAT A
CIRCULATION CENTER IS LOCATED NEAR 5.9N4 87.1E6. THE SYSTEM IS
MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 02 KNOTS.
2. REMARKS: THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.2N6
89.5E2 IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 3.5N8 84.7N9, APPROXIMATELY 350 NM
SOUTHEAST OF COLOMBO, SRI LANKA. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS DEEP CONVECTION BECOMING BETTER ORGANIZED OVER A LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). SPIRAL BANDS ARE EVIDENT IN THE
NORTHERN SECTION POINTING TO INCREASED ORGANIZATION AND CONSOLI-
DATION OF THE SYSTEM. ANALYSIS OF THE UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES
GOOD POLEWARD OUTFLOW AND A LOW VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ENVIRONMENT.
THE MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. DUE TO INCREASED
ORGANIZATION, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS NOW UPGRADED TO GOOD.
3. THIS ALERT WILL BE REISSUED, UPGRADED TO WARNING OR CANCELLED BY
141330Z2.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.