Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:47:32 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN PACIFIC
ABPW10 PGTW 232200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
/AND SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/232200Z-240600ZFEB2005//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 3.9N2 175.7E0
APPROXIMATELY 210 NM NORTHEAST OF TARAWA. ENHANCED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS CONVECTION ORGANIZING OVER A WELL-DEFINED
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) AS DEPICTED BY A 231800Z4
QUIKSCAT PASS. THE LLCC IS ASSOCIATED WITH AN AREA OF NEAR EQUATORIAL
WESTERLY WINDS AND A MONSOON TROUGH IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE.
WIND ANALYSES INDICATES LOW TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND WEAK
DIFFLUENCE ALOFT. MAXIMUM SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 1007 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED PARA 1.B.(1) AS A POOR.
4. THE JTWC HOMEPAGE WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FROM APPROXIMATELY 240100Z7
TO 240800Z4 FEB DUE TO MAINTENANCE.
FORECAST TEAM: DELTA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.