Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:23:20 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 231522
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC SUN JAN 23 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS ALONG 5N77W 6N105W 8N115W
7N140W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FOUND WITHIN 60 NM
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 15N105W 7N120W 7N129W.  THE
CONVECTION WEST OF 120W IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ITCZ AND THE
CONVECTION EAST OF 120W IS ASSOCIATED WITH AND UPPER TROUGH.

..DISCUSSION...
WEST OF 100W...
SHARP UPPER TROUGH HAS BECOME NEGATIVELY TILTED AS IT MOVES INTO
THE NW CORNER OF THE REGION. TROUGH IS NORTH OF 20N WEST OF 130W
AND MOVING E 20 KT.  140 KT JET DIGGING SE BEHIND TROUGH WILL
KEEP IT MOVING EASTWARD. TROUGH SUPPORTS A COLD FRONT ALONG
30N133W TO 18N140W.  SURFACE WINDS TO 25 KT ACCOMPANY FRONT.

MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 28N114W AND IS
NEARLY STATIONARY.  AN ASSOCIATED TROUGH IS NORTH OF 20N EAST OF
124W.  UPPER LEVEL DRY AIR IS NOTED OVER THE PACIFIC OCEAN
WITHIN THIS TROUGH.  A SHARP RIDGE IS LOCATED BETWEEN THE TWO
TROUGHS.

ANOTHER UPPER TROUGH IS LOCATED ALONG A LINE THROUGH 25N105W TO
14N113W TO 8N132W.  THE CONVECTION MENTIONED ABOVE IS ASSOCIATED
WITH THIS SYSTEM.  UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS STREAMING NORTH OVER
CENTRAL MEXICO IN AN AREA WITHIN 500 NM SE OF THE UPPER TROUGH.

EAST OF 100W...
SOUTHERLY WIND IN THE UPPER LEVELS DOMINATES THIS AREA.  THE
SOUTHERLY WIND IS LOCATED ALONG THE WESTERN FLANK OF A LARGE
ANTICYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTERED OVER NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA.
THE AREA IS DRY ALOFT WITH IMPLIED UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE.
LITTLE CONVECTION IS IN THIS AREA.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.