Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:37:59 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 232137
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2205 UTC WED FEB 23 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1800 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
2045 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS IS ALONG 4N77W 6N88W 4N100W 7N115W 6N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION IS NOTED

DISCUSSION...
BROAD MID/UPPER TROUGH ALONG 115W DOMINATES AREA BETWEEN 105W 
AND 125W. PUMPING TROPICAL MOISTURE INTO MEXICO AND THE U. S. A 
LARGE UPPER RIDGE DOMINATES AREA W OF 125W.  A 600 NM BAND 
OF STRONG WINDS ACCOMPANY THIS SYSTEMS.

A LOW LEVEL TROUGH IS LOCATED FROM 30N114W TO 23N125W WITH 
LITTLE SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. NE TO SW BANDS OF LOW TO MIDDLE 
CLOUDS WITH FEW SHOWERS ARE ALONG AND NW OF THE TROUGH. 

STRONG SUBSIDENCE AND RESULTANT DRY AIR ALOFT COVERS THE AREA E 
OF 105W.
STRONG NE WINDS CONTINUE TO FLOW OVER THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO.

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.