Subject: WX-TROPL User Information

From: Chris Novy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:59:28 -0500

Here is the latest copy of the WX-TROPL user guidelines.  You'll note that 
I have recently added some new sub-topics (geographical areas) such as 
Fiji, Australia, and New Zealand.

If you have any problems or questions please feel free to e-mail me at 
[email-masked].

                       WX-TROPL TROPICAL INFORMATION

This list contains topical weather outlooks, hurricane position reports,
etc.  Portions of the products on this list may be in abbreviated
(coded) format.

NOTE: For Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico information see the WX-ATLAN list.

To subscribe to WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] and include
the following message:

     sub wx-tropl YourFirstName YourLastName

To signoff WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] and include the
following message:

     signoff wx-tropl

WX-TROPL mailings are subdivided into geographic regions.  By default,
new subscribers will receive ALL bulletins.  We have set up sub-topic
areas for a number of geographically related regions:

      AUSTRALIA =  Australia and costal waters

      FIJI       = Fiji and surrounding areas

      PACIFIC-EN = Pacific Ocean Eastern Northern region (90W to 140W)

      PACIFIC-NC = Pacific Ocean North Central region (140W to 180W)

      PACIFIC-NW = Pacific Ocean Northwest region (100E to 180E)

      PACIFIC-SW = Pacific Ocean Southwest (120E to 180E south of Equator)

      PACIFIC-SE = Pacific Ocean Southeast (east of 180E south of Equator)

      INDIAN-N = Indian Ocean (North) (100E to 40E north of Equator)

      INDIAN-S = Indian Ocean (South) (120E to 40E south of Equator)

      SUMMARY = Tropical Storm Summary Information

To receive bulletins from just one specific region, say the northwest
Pacific Ocean, send e-mail to [email-masked] with the following:

      SET WX-TROPL TOPICS: PACIFIC-NW

You can also use combinations of the keywords for multiple areas.
For example:

      SET WX-TROPL TOPICS: PACIFIC-EN, PACIFIC-NW

Notes:  If you have previously specified a list of sub-topics and now you
          want to add or delete specific sub-topics, prefix them with a
          (+) or (-) respectively.  For example, to add PACIFIC-NW and
          delete INDIAN-N (while leaving any other sub-topics alone) you
          you would send the command:

          SET WX-TROPL TOPICS: +PACIFIC-NW -INDIAN-N

          You *must* already be subscribed to WX-TROPL in order to use
          the sub-topic commands.

Online product archives can be found at:

     http://listserv.uiuc.edu/archives/wx-tropl.html

Please address *ALL* questions concerning subscriptions to [email-masked].

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.