Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:17:20 -0600

WTIO20 FMEE 010014
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 01/02/2005 AT
0000 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 013/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: TUESDAY   01/02/2005 AT 0000 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 12 1002 HPA 
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 17.6S / 64.9E 
(SEVENTEEN DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND SIXTY FOUR DECIMAL NINE DEGREES
EAST) AT 0000 UTC
MOVEMENT:          QUASI-STATIONARY

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS FAR FROM THE CENTRE, BETWEEN 100 NM AND 600 NM
FROM THE CENTRE IN THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT
.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 20/25 KT AND MODERATE SEAS FAR FROM THE CENTRE,
BETWEEN 100 NM AND 500 NM FROM THE CENTRE, ALL SECTORS BUT SOUTHWESTERN
QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/01 AT 12 UTC: 
18.1S / 64.3E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/02 AT 00 UTC: 
18.5S / 63.6E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
WINDS ARE WEAK CLOSE TO THE CENTRE, AND BECOME STRONGER FAR FROM YHE
CENTRE, 20/25 KT WITHIN THE SQUALLS LINES IN THE NORTH IN THE MONSOON
FLOW (ALONG THE 13S AXIS) AND EAST OF 70E.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.