Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:38:18 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 221538
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC TUE FEB 22 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS IS ALONG 4N77W 3N85W 6N105W 6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGE IS LOCATED N OF 25N W OF 133W. THE UPPER 
LEVEL FLOW IS MOSTLY ZONAL FROM 10N TO 25N...WITH A 90-100 KT 
JET FROM 22N140W TO 21N115W THEN NE INTO NORTHERN MEXICO NEAR 
28N102W. MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE IS INDICATED FROM 20N-27N 
W OF 120W.

MID TO UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS N OF 23N BETWEEN 130W AND 115W WITH 
AXIS ALONG 32N121W 23N120W. MID/UPPER LEVEL CYCLONE IS LOCATED 
JUST N OF THE AREA OFF THE COAST OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA NEAR 
POINT CONCEPTION.  ITS ASSOCIATED SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 
THE NORTHERN  BAJA PENINSULA NEAR 32N116W TO 26N120W THEN WSW TO 
24N130W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST COLD AIR STRATOCUMULUS IS NW OF THE 
TROUGH.

MID/UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS BEING ADVECTED NE ACROSS THE 
SOUTHERN TIP OF BAJA CALIFORNIA INTO MEXICO WITHIN 360 NM SE OF 
THE JET STREAM.

STRONG SUBSIDENCE AND DRY CONDITIONS ALOFT NOTED S OF 15N E OF 
110W WHICH IS SUPPRESSING CONVECTION ALONG THE ITCZ. 

MODERAT TO STRONG NE WINDS ARE SPREADING W ACROSS CENTRAL 
AMERICA INTO THE E PACIFIC OFF THE COAST OF NICARAGUA AND COSTA 
RICA.

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.