Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:53:04 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 250252
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI FEB 24 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1800 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0245 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS IS ALONG 6N78W 4N110W 8N115W 10N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION 60 NM WIDE FROM 121W TO 124W.

DISCUSSION...
MID/UPPER TROUGH ALONG 132W DOMINATES AREA W OF 128W AND A BROAD 
MID/UPPER RIDGE DOMINATES AREA FROM 90W TO 128W. BOTH SYSTEMS 
ARE  PUMPING TROPICAL MOISTURE INTO MEXICO AND THE U. S. A 600NM 
WIDE BAND MID/UPPER CLOUDS WITH STRONG WEST TO SW WINDS IS SEEN 
FROM 20N110W TO 13N140W.
  
A BROAD NW TO SW RIDGE FROM 12N95W TO 32N140W DOMINATES THE LOW 
LEVELS. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS 
OVER REST OF THE AREA.
SUBSIDENCE AND DRY AIR ALOFT COVERS THE AREA E OF 90W.

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.