Subject: Indian-S: Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:12:45 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 160610
SECURITE
WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 16/02/2005
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 023/14 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: WEDNESDAY 16/02/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DISTURBANCE 14 1002 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 22.6S / 52.3E
(TWENTY TWO DECIMAL SIX DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY TWO DECIMAL THREE
DEGREES
 EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          WEST-SOUTH-WEST 6 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN 50 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP
TO 300 NM IN THE EASTERN SECTOR.

CLOCKWISE CIRCULATION 25 KT AND MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 80 NM
RADIUS OF THE CENTRE, LOCALLY REACHING 30 KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH
SEAS
  UP TO 200 NM FROM THE CENTRE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN  QUADRANT.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/16 AT 18 UTC:
22.6S / 51.1E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.
24H, VALID 2005/02/17 AT 06 UTC:
22.7S / 50.6E, MAX WIND = 25 KT.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
THE ENVIRONMENT OF THE SYSTEM IS NOT FAVOURABLE FOR AN
INTENSIFICATION.
THE SYSTEM KEEPS ON TRACKING SLOWLY WESTWARDS. STRONGEST WINDS EXTEND
FAR
 FROM THE CENTER IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT DUE TO THE GRADIENT
WITH
THE SUBTROPICAL HIGH PRESSURES.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.