Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:25:05 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 160324
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC WED FEB 16 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0300 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE IS ALONG THE LINE 5N77W 5N110W 
6N140W.   
THERE IS NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE ITCZ AT 
THIS TIME.

DISCUSSION...
UPPER TROUGH IS NORTHWEST OF A LINE THROUGH 32N118W TO 15N140W.  
ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT IS ALONG A LINE THROUGH 32N123W TO 18N130W 
AND HAS BECOME DIFFUSE SOUTH OF 18N.  ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE 
WITHIN 45 NM OF THE FRONT NORTH OF 28N.  SCATTERED OCCASIONALLY 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE NORTHWEST OF THE FRONT.  SOME CONVECTION 
IS AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE AREA ASSOCIATED WITH ANOTHER 
FRONTAL TROUGH ROTATING AROUND A LOW NORTH OF THE AREA NEAR 
35N130W.  THE UPPER LEVELS WITHIN THE TROUGH ARE DRY INDICATING 
MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE.  THE STRONGEST SUBSIDENCE IS 
WITHIN 360 NM NORTHWEST OF THE LINE MARKING THE TROUGH.  

ELSEWHERE AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE IS NOTED.  MOST OF THE RIDGE AREA 
IS DRY HOWEVER THERE ARE TWO EXCEPTIONS.  ONE IS WITHIN 500 NM 
SOUTHEAST OF THE LINE 32N118W TO 18N133W WHERE MIDDLE AND UPPER 
LEVEL MOISTURE IS BEING ADVECTED NORTHEASTWARD OVER NORTHWESTERN 
MEXICO AND THE SOUTHWESTERN UNITED STATES.  OVERCAST MIDDLE AND 
UPPER LEVEL CLOUDS ACCOMPANY THIS MOISTURE.  THE OTHER EXCEPTION 
IS WHERE THE PREVIOUS ITCZ CONVECTION HAS RELEASED MOISTURE IN 
THE MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVELS WHICH IS BEING ADVECTED NORTHEAST 
TOWARDS THE AREA FROM FAR EASTERN MEXICO TO NICARAGUA.  NOT MUCH 
IN THE WAY OF CLOUDINESS IS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS MOISTURE. 
SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WITH LARGE AREAS OF CLEAR SKIES ARE FOUND 
IN THE RIDGE AREA.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.