Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:28:53 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 241528
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON JAN 24 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS IS ALONG 5N78W 6N100W 9N120W
8N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FOUND WITHIN 30 NM OF 5.5N96.7W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN THE AREA FROM 6N TO 9N
FROM 116W TO 122W.

OTHER CONVECTION...SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN AREA
FROM 12.5N TO 16N FROM 117W TO 122W.

..DISCUSSION...
WEST OF 110W...
NEGATIVELY TILTED UPPER TROUGH HAS CLOSED CENTER JUST NORTH OF
THE AREA NEAR 33N128W MOVING NORTH 20 KNOTS.  TO THE WEST OF A
LINE 30N130W TO 20N124W TO THE ITCZ NEAR 125W AN UPPER AND
MIDDLE LEVEL RIDGE IS MOVING EAST OVER THE AREA.  ELSEWHERE WEST
OF A LINE 20N104W TO THE ITCZ NEAR 115W UPPER AND MIDDLE LEVEL
TROUGH IS OBSERVED.  UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS FOUND IN THE AREA
FROM 116W TO 128W NORTH OF THE ITCZ. A WEAKENING COLD FRONT IS
ALONG LINE 32N126W 25N127W TO 17N140W.

EAST OF 110W...
UPPER LEVEL SOUTHERLY WIND IS FOUND IN THE AREA AND IS LOCATED
ON THE WESTERN FLANK OF A LARGE ANTICYCLONIC CIRCULATION
CENTERED OVER NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA.  UPPER LEVEL CLOUDS ARE
MOVING NORTH IN A NARROW BAND JUT TO THE WEST OF THE GULF OF
TEHUANTEPEC.  EAST OF 92W THE UPPER LEVELS ARE DRY WITH IMPLIED
UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE. CLEAR SKIES ARE NOTED NORTH OF THE ITCZ
EAST OF 92W.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.