Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:29:47 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 150329
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SAT JAN 15 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0300 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS IS ALONG  5N77W 5N95W 8N105W
4N115W 8140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 45 NM OF
5N78W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM EITHER
SIDE OF AXIS FROM 100W TO 108W.

..DISCUSSION...

W OF 110W...
LARGE MID/UPPER LEVEL LOW LOCATED W OF THE AREA IS PRODUCING
MULTI LAYERED COLDS AND AN AREA OF SHOWERS N OF 22N FROM 130W TO
137W.  A SHORTWAVE TROUGH IS N OF 25N ALONG 118W MOVING EAST 35
KNOTS AN EMBEDDED CYCLONIC CIRCULATION IS LOCATED NEAR 30N18W.
THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA W OF 110W IS DOMINATED BY A LARGE
MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGE...WITH A  MID/UPPER ANTICYCLONIC
CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 10N124W. THE RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS NE
FROM ANTICYCLONIC CIRCULATION TO OVER CENTRAL MEXICO. UPPER
LEVEL MOISTURE IS MOVING OVER TOP THE RIDGE INTO THE BAJA
PENINSULA AND THE SW UNITED STATES.

E OF 110W...
SHARP MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH MOVING ACROSS THE SE U.S. EXTENDS S
INTO THE WESTERN CARIBBEAN AND OVER NICARAGUA WITH THE SOUTHERN
PORTION OF THE TROUGH EXTENDING ACROSS THE EASTERN PACIFIC WITH
AXIS FROM CENTRAL NICARAGUA SW TO 8N105W. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF
A COUPLE OF AREAS OF CONVECTION ALONG THE ITCZ...DRY AIR FROM
STRONG SUBSIDENCE COVERS THE AREA S OF 20N E OF 110W.

STRONG HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE WESTERN GULF OF MEXICO BUILDING S
IS PRODUCING GALE FORCE WIND OVER THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC. GALE
CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THROUGH AT LEAST 48 HOURS.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.