Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 20:23:00 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 040222
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC FRI FEB 04 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0230 UTC.

..ITCZ...
3N78W 5N110W 5N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
W OF 105W...
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION 30N118W  EMBEDDED WITHIN  A TROUGH FROM SW 
U.S. TO 21N135W. SUBSIDENCE...DRY AIR ALOFT...COVERS THE AREA N 
OF 20N W OF 110W. SATELLITE DERIVED WINDS INDICATE 100-110 KT 
JET STREAM FROM 20N140W TO 18N125W TO BEYOND 25N107W. UPPER 
LEVEL MOISTURE IS BEING ADVECTED EASTWARD OVER CENTRAL MEXICO 
WITHIN 480 NM S OF THE JET.

E OF 105W...
UPPER RIDGE DOMINATES AREA AND IS SUPPRESSING CONVECTIVE 
ACTIVITY. STRONG WINDS WILL CONTINUE OVER THE GULFS OF PAPAGAYO 
AND PANAMA THROUGH PERIOD. GALE CONDITIONS OVER THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC ENDING BY 48 HR.

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.