Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:17:52 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 071617
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC MON FEB 07 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
1500 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 3N77W 5N105W 8N125W 5N140W. 
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FOUND WITHIN 45 NM OF 
THE ZONE FROM 125W TO 135W.

OTHER CONVECTION...TROUGH FROM 15N115W TO 7N127W WITH WIDELY 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM E OF TROUGH.

DISCUSSION...
WEST OF 100W...
MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGE MAINTAINS STEADY ANTICYCLONIC FLOW W OF 
131W WHILE SHORTWAVE TROUGH ALONG 128W JUST N OF ITCZ SLIDES 
INTO BASE OF BROAD LARGE AMPLITUDE LONGWAVE TROUGH NOW ALONG W 
CONUS COAST.  DRY AIR MID AND UPPER LEVELS WITH IMPLIED MODERATE 
TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE W OF SHORTWAVE.  AT THE SURFACE...WEAK 
TROUGH ALONG 15N120W TO 8N125W WITH WIDELY SCATTERED CONVECTION 
WITHIN 90 NM W OF AXIS. ELSEWHERE...WELL ANCHORED BROAD RIDGE 
DRIFTS SE THROUGH NEXT 24 HRS.   

EAST OF 100W...
DRY AIR MASS ACROSS MID AND UPPER LEVELS DUE TO MODERATE TO 
STRONG SUBSIDENCE ALOFT AS UPPER LEVEL RIDGE REMAINS IN POSITION 
E OF 100W COVERING CENTRAL AMERICA...ENTIRE CARIBBEAN AND NW 
PART OF S AMERICA.  

AT THE SURFACE...WIND CONTINUES TO BLOW OVER CENTRAL AMERICA 
ISTHMUS MAINLY ACROSS GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND PANAMA.  NO 
SIGNIFICANT DEEP CONVECTION ALONG ITCZ DUE TO DRYNESS OF AIRMASS.
 
$$
WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.