Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:29:18 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 160329
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SUN JAN 16 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0300 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS IS ALONG LINE 5N77W 6N105W
7N115W 5N125W 7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN
90 NM OF 6N84.5W.  WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 90 NM OF 7.8N112.7W.  SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 131 TO 136 AND WITHIN 75
NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS W OF 137W.

..DISCUSSION...
A MID-UPPER TROUGH EXTENDS S INTO THE REGION AT 32N130W TO A
BASE NEAR 28N132W. AT THE SURFACE A COLD FRONT HAS DISSIPATED IN
THIS REGION.

SHORTWAVE TROUGH IS OVER THE AREA N OF 25N EAST OF 120W AND IS
MOVING OVER BAJA CALIFORNIA AND NW MEXICO.  THERE IS LITTLE
WEATHER AT THE SURFACE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM.

ELSEWHERE UPPER ANTICYCLONES ARE NOTED.  THE AREA IS DRY ALOFT
WITH UPPER SUBSIDENCE EXCEPT OVER THE REGIONS OF THE ITCZ WHERE
CONVECTION IS FOUND. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER MOST
OF THE AREA EXCEPT FOR BROKEN MID LEVEL CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH
THE TROUGH OVER THE NORTHWEST PART OF THE AREA AND CLEAR SKIES
ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROUGH NEAR BAJA CALIFORNIA.  ELSEWHERE N OF
20N E OF 128W BROKEN MIDDLE AND UPPER LEVEL CLOUDS ARE FOUND.

CLEAR SKIES ARE ALSO FOUND OVER THE AREA IN THE LEE OF THE
CENTRAL AMERICAN ISTHMUS.  STRONG NORTHEAST SURFACE WIND
ASSOCIATED WITH HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO
AND THE NORTHWEST CARIBBEAN IS NORTH OF 7N EAST OF 100W. A STORM
WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC.

UPPER LEVEL CLOUDINESS AND MOISTURE IS STREAMING NORTHEAST OVER
COSTA RICA AND PANAMA FROM CONVECTION IN THE ITCZ.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.