Subject: Indian-S: Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:24:37 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 031815
SECURITE
GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 03/02/2005
AT
1800 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 024/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  03/02/2005 AT 1800 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        MODERATE TROPICAL STORM 12 990 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 23.0S / 58.1E
(TWENTY THREE DECIMAL ZERO DEGREES  SOUTH AND FIFTY EIGHT DECIMAL ONE
DEGREES EAST) AT 1800 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST 7 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN70 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP
TO 120 NM IN THE NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AND UP TO 180 NM IN THE
SOUTHERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.

GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 20 NM
RADIUS
FROM THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 35 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 45 NM IN THE  EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.