Subject: Indian-S: Near Gale Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 00:14:04 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 030612
SECURITE
NEAR GALE WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 03/02/2005
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 022/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

NEAR GALE WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: THURSDAY  03/02/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12 997 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 20 NM RADIUS OF POINT 21.8S / 59.6E
(TWENTY ONE DECIMAL EIGHT DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL SIX
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-WEST 10 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN60 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
UP
TO 150 NM IN THE SOUTHEASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE AND LOCALLY UP TO 320NM IN
THE
NORTHEASTERN SECTOR.

NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 25NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, REACHING LOCALLY UP TO 35KT IN THE
SOUTHEASTERN
SECTOR UNDER CONVECTION.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/03 AT 18 UTC:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.