Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 03:22:25 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 130922
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN FEB 13 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0900 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...2N80W 5N90W 3N102W 6N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS ENTERING THE FAR NW CORNER OF THE 
DISCUSSION AREA...WITH A 90 KT JET STREAM AHEAD OF THE TROUGH 
FROM 27N140W TO 32N137W. ASSOCIATED SURFACE COLD FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 32N137W TO 27N140W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUDS WITH A FEW 
ISOLATED LIGHT SHOWERS ARE WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT.

LARGE RIDGES DOMINATES THE AREA FROM 130W TO THE BAJA PENINSULA. 
MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS ACROSS MEXICO WITH A 100 KT JET STREAM 
FROM SW ARIZONA INTO NORTHERN MEXICO NEAR 28N107W.

WITH THE EXCEPTION TO THE CLOUDS MENTIONED THE THE COLD FRONT...
MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE COVERS THE AREA N OF 13N W OF 110W 
AND S OF 30N E OF 110W. THE SUBSIDENCE HAS SUPPRESSED THE 
CONVECTION ALONG THE ITCZ.

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.