Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:58:02 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 251557
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1605 UTC FRI FEB 25 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
1530 UTC.

..ITCZ...
CONVECTION VALID 1530 UTC FRI FEB 25...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...9N83W 4N100W 3N110W 4N120W 
8N132W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 5N TO 6N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 94W...AND FROM 7N TO 13N BETWEEN 119W AND 125W. 

DISCUSSION...
BROAD MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL CYCLONIC FLOW IN THE SOUTHWESTERN 
UNITED STATES AND THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN NORTH OF 28N BETWEEN 
100W AND 132W. SHORTWAVE TROUGH FROM 30N120W TO 25N122W IS 
MOVING THROUGH THIS AREA OF LARGER SCALE FLOW...ROUGHLY TOWARD
NORTHERN BAJA CALIFORNIA. JET STREAM WINDS OF 90 TO 110 KT 
WITHIN 300 NM SOUTH OF 18N125W 24N115W 28N104W.

BROAD MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL WESTERLY FLOW IS NORTH OF THE ITCZ 
EAST OF 140W...AND IT MOVES EASTWARD...TO THE AREA OF THE JET 
STREAM AND THE BROAD CYCLONIC FLOW NORTH OF 28N.

BROAD UPPER LEVEL SOUTHWEST-TO-WESTERLY FLOW IN THE AREA OF THE 
JET STREAM...SOUTH OF 28N104W 24N115W 18N125W.

UPPER LEVEL RIDGE THROUGH 27N140W BEYOND 32N139W...TO THE EAST 
OF AN APPROACHING DEEP LAYER TROUGH WHICH STILL IS WEST OF THE 
AREA. 

MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL DRY AIR SOUTH OF 10N.

$$
MT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.