Subject: Indian-S: Subj/tropical Cyclone Warning//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 08:00:53 -0600

WTXS31 PGTW 071500
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 17S WARNING NR 002
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHIO
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   071200Z0 --- NEAR 17.4S2 115.1E8
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 215 DEGREES AT 06 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   REPEAT POSIT: 17.4S2 115.1E8
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   080000Z8 --- 17.4S2 114.9E5
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 315 DEG/ 01 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   081200Z1 --- 17.2S0 114.7E3
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 315 DEG/ 01 KTS
    ---
   36 HRS, VALID AT:
   090000Z9 --- 17.0S8 114.5E1
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 325 DEG/ 02 KTS
    ---
   EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
   48 HRS, VALID AT:
   091200Z2 --- 16.7S4 114.3E9
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 030 KT, GUSTS 040 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
071500Z3 POSITION NEAR 17.4S2 115.1E8.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 17S, LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 260 NM
NORTHWEST OF PORT HEDLAND, AUSTRALIA, HAS TRACKED SOUTH-
WESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING
POSITION IS BASED ON 071130Z2 ENHANCED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY. THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT
INTENSITY ESTIMATES OF 35 AND 45 KNOTS. RECENT ANIMATED
ENHANCED WATER VAPOR SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS CYCLIC CONVEC-
TION OVER A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THROUGHOUT
THE FORECAST PERIOD THE SYSTEM WILL RESIDE IN A VERY WEEK
STEERING ENVIRONMENT AND WILL SLOWLY MEANDER NORTHWESTWARD
WITH A DECREASE IN INTENSITY BY TAU 36. TC 17S IS CURRENTLY
LOCATED IN AN ENVIRONMENT OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
WHICH IS HAMPERING FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT
WAVE HEIGHT AT 071200Z0 IS 14 FEET. NEXT WARNINGS AT 080300Z1
AND 081500Z4.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.