Subject: FIJI: Tropical Disturbance Advisory Number B2 Issued From Rsmc Nadi

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:33:21 -0600

WTPS12 NFFN 120600    
TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ADVISORY NUMBER B2  ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI
FEB 12/0827 UTC 2005 UTC.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 08F [1000HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 10.5S 178.5W AT
120600 UTC. DEPRESSION SLOW MOVING. POSITION POOR BASED ON GOES9
EIR/VIS IMAGERY WITH ANIMATION. 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE. 

EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO LOCATE LLCC UNDER THICK CIRRUS OUTFLOW.
CONVECTION SPORADIC ABOUT CENTRAL AREA. CIRCULATION ABOUT A CENTRE
EVIDENT ON IR AND VIS. ORGANISATION SLIGHTLY IMPROVED PAST 24 HOURS.
SST AROUND 30C. 08F IS LOCATED IN A REGION OF STRONG DIFFLUENCE SOUTH
OF A 250 HPA OUFLOW. ENVIRONMENT IS MODERATELY SHEARED. DVORAK
ASSESSMENT BASED ON A LOG10 WRAP OF .20 ON LOG10, THUS,
T1.5/2.5/S0.0/6HRS. DEPRESSION REMAINS IN A WEAK STEERING REGIME.
GLOBAL MODELS DIFFER IN THE FUTURE OF 08F. JMA FORECATS FURTHER
INTENSIFICATION AND SOUTHEAST MOVEMENT. OTHERS DO NOT DEVELOP 08F. 

THE NEXT TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ADVISORY ON 08F WILL BE ISSUED AROUND
121430 UTC. 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.