Subject: Indian-S: Storm Warning For Metarea Vii And Metarea Viii (s)

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:13:43 -0600

WTIO22 FMEE 050612
SECURITE
STORM WARNING FOR METAREA VII AND METAREA VIII (S)
ISSUED BY METEO-FRANCE/TROPICAL CYCLONE CENTRE/LA REUNION 05/02/2005
AT
0600 UTC.
WARNING NUMBER: 030/12 (SOUTH-WEST INDIAN OCEAN)

10 MINUTES AVERAGE WIND SPEED IN KNOTS (KT)
(WIND GUSTS AT SEA MAY BE ABOUT 40% STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGED WIND).
MINIMUM SEAS LEVEL PRESSURE IN HECTOPASCALS (HPA)
(INDICATIVE FIGURE).

STORM WARNING
BEGINNING OF VALIDITY: SATURDAY  05/02/2005 AT 0600 UTC.

PHENOMENON:        SEVERE TROPICAL STORM 12 (GERARD) 980 HPA
POSITION:          WITHIN 30 NM RADIUS OF POINT 33.3S / 59.8E
(THIRTY THREE DECIMAL THREE DEGREES SOUTH AND FIFTY NINE DECIMAL
EIGHT
DEGREES EAST) AT 0600 UTC
MOVEMENT:          SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST 22 KT

THREAT AREAS:
SQUALLY WEATHER EXISTS WITHIN150 NM RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING
LOCALLY UP TO 300NM IN THE SOUTHERN SECTOR.

STORM FORCE WINDS 50/55 KT AND HIGH TO VERY HIGH SEAS WITHIN 50 NM
RADIUS
 FROM THE CENTER.
GALE FORCE WINDS 35/45KT AND VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS WITHIN 70 NM
RADIUS
FROM THE CENTER.
NEAR GALE FORCE WINDS 30KT AND ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS WITHIN 90 NM
RADIUS FROM THE CENTRE, EXTENDING UP TO 200 NM IN THE  EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE.
STRONG GUSTS UNDER SQUALLS.

FORECAST POSITION AND INTENSITY:
12H, VALID 2005/02/05 AT 18 UTC:
36.0S / 64.0E, MAX WIND = 50 KT, BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL.
24H, VALID 2005/02/06 AT 06 UTC:
40.0S / 71.0E, MAX WIND = 50 KT, EXTRATROPICAL.

OTHER INFORMATIONS:
GERARD IS TO BECOME AN EXTRATROPICAL DEPRESSION AS IT TRACKS
SOUTHEASTWARDS.=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.