Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:26:14 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 200326
TWDEP

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC THU JAN 20 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR THE EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM
THE EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH
0300 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 4N77W 2N100W 7N110W 6N130W
8N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF 2.3N94.3W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM 6.7N110.4W.
WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS W OF
128W.

OTHER CONVECTION...
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 20N111W TO
11N114W.

..DISCUSSION...
WEST OF 105W...
A LONGWAVE TROUGH WITH AXIS NEAR 138W N OF 22N.  TROUGH IS
WEAKENING AND MOVING NORTHEASTWARD.  UPPER LEVEL CYCLONIC
CIRCULATION IS NEAR 25.5N117W AND IS NEARLY STATIONARY.
ASSOCIATED TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTH TO THE ITCZ NEAR 120W.
THE WESTERN TROUGH IS ADVECTING UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE AND BROKEN
HIGH CLOUDS OVER THE AREA NORTH OF 23N WEST OF 132W.  ELSEWHERE
BETWEEN THE TWO TROUGHS AND ALSO WITHIN 150 NM OF THE CENTER OF
THE CYCLONIC CIRCULATION DRY AIR IS OBSERVED IN THE MIDDLE AND
UPPER LEVELS IMPLYING UPPER LEVEL SUBSIDENCE.  CLEAR SKIES ARE
FOUND IN THE AREA BETWEEN THE TROUGHS NORTH OF 20N EAST OF
124W.  BROKEN LOW LEVEL CLOUDS ARE FOUND FROM 20N TO 26N FROM
125W TO 135W.  ELSEWHERE WITHIN THIS AREA SCATTERED TO BROKEN
LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND.  UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS FLOWING NORTH
NORTHEASTWARD OVER NORTHERN MEXICO TO THE EAST OF THE EASTERN
TROUGH.

EAST OF 105W...
WEAK SOUTHERLY FLOW IS OVER THIS AREA AS A RESULT OF THE FLOW
AROUND A LARGE ANTICYCLONE OVER NORTH SOUTH AMERICA.  UPPER
LEVEL DRY CONDITIONS WITH IMPLIED SUBSIDENCE IS IN THIS AREA.

STRONG LOW LEVEL FLOW CONTINUES ACROSS THE CENTRAL AMERICAN
ISTHMUS WITH GALE CONDITIONS IN THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC.

$$
LL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.