Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:22:23 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 031800
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
/OCEAN/031800Z-041800ZJAN2005//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/030751ZJAN2005//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 030600Z9, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 07S WAS LOCATED
OVERLAND NEAR 17.5S3 126.7E6, APPROXIMATELY 110 NM EAST-SOUTH-
EAST OF YAMPI SOUND, AUSTRALIA, AND HAD TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD
AT 16 KNOTS OVER THE PREVIOUS 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTXS31
PGTW 0900) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS DEVELOPED NEAR 18.5S4 39.8E0,
IN THE MOZAMBIQUE CHANNEL. RECENT MICROWAVE AND EARLIER ANIMATED
MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS A WELL ORGANIZED BUT SMALL AREA OF
CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER EVIDENT
IN QUIKSCAT DATA. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS SHOWS FAVORABLE POLEWARD
OUTFLOW AND LOW VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OVER THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUS-
TAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT
24 HOURS IS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE SECTION//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.