Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:29:33 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 200229
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
0405 UTC SAT FEB 19 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0245 UTC.

..ITCZ...
ITCZ AXIS ALONG 1N80W 6N88W 3N105W 6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

DISCUSSION...
BROAD MID/UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER THE AREA N OF 18N W OF 120W. A 
COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 32N132W TO 24N140W. STRONG HIGH LEVEL 
WINDS ARE NOTED AHEAD OF THE FRONT AND UPPER TROUGH ADVECTING 
TROPICAL MOISTURE INTO MEXICO AND THE SW UNITED STATES. MODERATE 
TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE FROM 15N TO 25N W OF 125W.

A MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGE DOMINATES THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA N 
OF 18N. A BROAD CYCLONIC CIRCULATION NEAR 10N93W IS STATIONARY. 
A BROAD AREA OF DRY AIR IS E OF 155W SUPRESSING CONVECTION.

$$
FT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.