Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:17:08 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 300916
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC SUN JAN 30 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0000 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0315 UTC.

..ITCZ...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 4N77W 6N85W 5N100W 6N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. 

..DISCUSSION...
W OF 105W
STRONG UPPER LONG WAVE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 32N113W 20N130W 
4N131W. MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE COVERS THE AREA FROM 125W 
TO 135W AND S OF 20N W OF 125W. JET STREAM OF 110-115 KT ON E 
SIDE OF TROUGH FROM 20N124W TO 32N105W IS ADVECTING MID AND 
UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE INTO S HALF OF BAJA CALIFORNIA AND NW 
MEXICO.

SURFACE RIDGE EXTENDS FROM 32N132W TO 13N109W.

E OF 105W
UPPER LEVEL RIDGE CREST AND CONFLUENT WIND COMBINE TO MAINTAIN 
VERY STRONG SUBSIDENCE S OF 25N E OF 105W...EXCEPT FOR AN AREA 
OF SOME MOIST AIR FROM 5N TO 10N E OF 88W.

AT THE SURFACE STRONG WIND ACROSS WESTERN CARIBBEAN SPILLING 
OVER INTO E PAC THROUGH PANAMA. THESE CONDITIONS TO PREVAIL FOR 
NEXT 24 HR BEFORE ABATING ALL TOGETHER.  

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.