Subject: Indian-S: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Indian

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 16:11:20 -0600

TROPICAL WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN
ABIO10 PGTW 082200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE INDIAN
OCEAN REISSUED/082200Z-091800ZJAN2005//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/081951ZJAN2005//
REF/B/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/081952ZJAN2005//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. NORTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (MALAY PENINSULA WEST TO COAST OF
AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 081800Z7 TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 01B LOCATED
NEAR 5.2N7 83.5E6, APPROXIMATELY 240 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF
COLOMBO, SRI LANKA, HAS TRACKED NORTHWARD AT 06 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTIO31 PGTW 082100)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
NEAR 3.9N2 84.1N3 IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE
WARNING. SEE PARA 1.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN AREA (135E9 WEST TO COAST OF AFRICA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 080600Z4 TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 09S (SALLY) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 13.9S3 100.2E3, APPROXIMATELY 220 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST
OF THE COCOS ISLANDS, AND HAD TRACKED SOUTHWESTWARD AT 05 KNOTS
OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT
35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTXS31 PGTW 080900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1) TO
WARNING STATUS IN PARA 1.A.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.