Subject: Pacific-EN: Tropical Weather Discussion

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 03:15:45 -0600

AXPZ20 KNHC 030915
TWDEP 

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION 
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1005 UTC THU FEB 03 2005

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN FROM 
EQUATOR TO 32N...EAST OF 140W. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS 
BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...
AND METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 0600 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH 
0900 UTC.

..ITCZ...
AXIS OF INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 3N78W 7N86W 4N100W 8N112W 
6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.
 
DISCUSSION...

W OF 105W...
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION IS CENTERED NEAR 30N119W AND IS EMBEDDED 
WITHIN A LONGWAVE TROUGH THAT EXTENDS FROM THE SW U.S. TO 
21N127W. MODERATE TO STRONG SUBSIDENCE...DRY AIR ALOFT...COVERS
THE AREA N OF 20N W OF 110W...EXCEPT IN THE VICINITY OF THE 
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION. SATELLITE DERIVED WINDS INDICATE 100-110 
KT JET STREAM FROM 18N130W TO 19N115W TO 25N105W.

E OF 105W...
UPPER RIDGE DOMINATES AREA...WITH STRONG SUBSIDENCE S OF 16N E 
OF 100W. THE SUBSIDENCE IS SUPPRESSING CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY. 
STRONG WINDS WILL CONTINUE OVER THE GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND PANAMA 
THROUGH PERIOD. STRONG HIGH PRES BUILDING IN THE SW GULF OF 
MEXICO IS PRODUCING GALE CONDITIONS ACROSS THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC.

$$
DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.