Subject: Pacific-SW: Subj/tropical Cyclone Warning//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:35:56 -0600

WTPS31 PGTW 120300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. TROPICAL CYCLONE 08P (KERRY) WARNING NR 015
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN SOUTHPAC
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   120000Z3 --- NEAR 20.9S1 160.3E0
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 165 DEGREES AT 03 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 040 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
   REPEAT POSIT: 20.9S1 160.3E0
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   121200Z6 --- 21.6S9 160.1E8
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 025 KT, GUSTS 035 KT
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER WATER
    ---
REMARKS:
120300Z6 POSITION NEAR 21.1S4 160.3E0.
TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 08P (KERRY), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 360
NM WEST-NORTHWEST OF NOUMEA, NEW CALEDONIA, HAS TRACKED SOUTH-
SOUTHEASTWARD AT 03 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. THE WARNING
POSITION IS BASED ON 112330Z0 MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY.
THE WARNING INTENSITY IS BASED ON SATELLITE CURRENT INTENSITY
ESTIMATES OF 25, 35 AND 45 KNOTS. ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY
SHOWS VERY LITTLE DEEP CONVECTION AND COLD AIR STRATOCUMULUS
CLOUDS WRAPPED INTO THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. TC 08P
IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TRACKING SOUTHWARD AND TO DISSIPATE
WITHIN 12 HOURS IN AN ENVIRONMENT OF HIGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
AND COOL, DRY AIR. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 120000Z3
IS 10 FEET. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE
JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER (NAVPACMETOCCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL
BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF REGENERATION.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked] or see http://wxlist.5280tech.com. For more
information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage
at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.