Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:47:26 -0600

069 
FZPN40 PHFO 151645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI FEB 15 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 15 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 16 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 17 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT THRU 30N171W 27N176W 25N178E 19N162E MOVING EAST 25 KT N OF 
27N AND E 10 KT ELSEWHERE. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N W OF 169W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N161W 28N167W 26N175W 19N165E. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N155W 27N160W 24N170W. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 240 NM OF FRONT N OF 27N.

.RIDGE THRU 30N152W 26N160W 22N175W 17N164E MOVING E 25 KT N OF 26N 
AND SE SLOWLY ELSEWHERE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N179E 28N178E 20N170E. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N.

.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH THRU 23N140W 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK TROUGH THRU 21N141W 15N144W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 13 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE 30N171E 24N160E. SEAS 13 TO 16 FT N OF 
A LINE 24N140W 19N150W 30N161W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 21N W OF 
170E...AND S OF A LINE 11N140W EQ170W. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT REST OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE 30N180 22N170E 
21N160E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS WITHIN 240 NM OF A LINE 22N167W 10N166E 
EQ167E...AND S OF A LINE 07N140W EQ155W. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT REST OF 
AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 16 FT N OF 25N W OF 176W. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N150W 24N170W 05N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
FROM 24N TO 14N E OF 143W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS REST OF AREA.

.ITCZ THRU 10N140W 09N144W 06N160W 06N179E 04N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ W OF 179E. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 160W...EXCEPT WITHIN 240 NM N OF 
ITCZ E OF 144W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.