Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 18:00:23 -0600

462 
ATHW40 PHFO 060000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC SUN JAN 06 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC JANUARY 05 2008

BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER MOST OF OAHU AND THE EASTERN TWO THIRDS OF 
KAUAI THIS EARLY AFTERNOON.  LOW CEILINGS ARE ALSO AFFECTING...AT 
LEAST FROM TIME TO TIME...WINDWARD COASTAL AND MAUKA SECTIONS OF 
MOLOKAI...LANAI AND WEST MAUI...WINDWARD COASTAL AND WINDWARD 
UPSLOPE AREAS OF EAST MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND...THE WEST-FACING 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...AND UPSLOPE PORTIONS OF KONA AND 
LEEWARD SOUTH KOHALA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO 
PARTLY CLOUDY ELSEWHERE AROUND THE ISLAND CHAIN.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT 
IS FROM THE EAST TO SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF EAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH STATEWIDE.

SOUTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH NORTHEAST OF KAUAI ARE BROKEN LOW CLOUDS AS 
OF BULLETIN TIME.  LOW CLOUDINESS IS SCATTERED TO BROKEN NORTH OF
OAHU AND MOLOKAI.  SKIES ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.  AT A FARTHER DISTANCE FROM THE ISLES...LOW 
CLOUDS ARE MAINLY BROKEN OVER A LARGE AREA FROM 25N TO 35N BETWEEN 
140W AND 165W.

A COLD FRONT IS ENTERING THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC SOUTH OF 30N... 
AND IS NOW MORE THAN 1200 MILES WEST/NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.  AHEAD OF 
THE BOUNDARY...MIDWAY ATOLL IS CURRENTLY SEEING OVERCAST LOW 
CLOUDS...REDUCED VISIBILITY DUE TO RAIN AND FOG...AND SOUTHWEST 
WINDS AT 15 TO 20 MPH.  THE FRONT IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST IN 
EXCESS OF 25 MPH.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.