Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:40:06 -0600

275 
FZPN40 PHFO 271640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN JAN 27 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 27 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 28 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 29 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT 30N 178E 22N 165E WEAKENING.

.TROUGH 30N 173W 27N 174W 18N 171W MOVING W 15 KT.

.RIDGE 30N 175W 22N 173E STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 12N TO 27N BETWEEN 150W AND 
164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 13N TO 27N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 13N TO 27N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 172W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NEAR 30N 160E MOVING E 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N 175E 27N 165E. WINDS WEAKENED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 15 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF LINE THROUGH 27N 160E 22N 170E 30N 
178W...AND IN AREA N OF LINE 15N 155W 21N 150W 19N 140W. SEAS 9 TO 
14 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE THROUGH 11N 160E 11N 170E 22N 180 29N 173W 
19N 170W 10N 160W 08N 140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF LINE THROUGH 03N 160E 
08N 180 14N 170W 07N 160W 07N 140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS NEAR 15 FT WITHIN AREA FROM 20N TO 26N 
BETWEEN 173W AND 164W. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT OVER REMAINDER OF AREA... 
EXCEPT SEAS 7 FT S OF 06N.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 28N 168W 25N 169W... 
AND LINE 21N 169W 18N 163W.

.ITCZ...08N 140W 07N 160W 04N 175W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
90 NM N OF ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.