Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:00:11 -0600

621 
ATHW40 PHFO 221800
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC TUE JAN 22 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC JANUARY 22 2008

LOW CLOUD MOTION ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN IS FROM THE EAST/NORTHEAST 
AT 20 TO 25 MPH THIS MORNING.  WITH THIS TRADE FLOW...LOW CEILINGS 
AND ANY ACCOMPANYING SHOWERS ARE CONCENTRATED IN WINDWARD COASTAL... 
MAUKA AND WINDWARD UPSLOPE SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  THIS 
IS ESPECIALLY THE CASE OVER OAHU...MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND AS OF 
BULLETIN TIME.  OCCASIONAL LOW CEILINGS ARE OCCURRING IN LEEWARD 
AREAS OF KAUAI AND OAHU AS WELL.

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS...THOUGH SMALL PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EXIST UPWIND FROM 
THE STATE...AND WEST AND SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND.

SHOWERY BROKEN MULTILAYERED CLOUDS PERIPHERALLY ASSOCIATED WITH A 
FRONT ARE 475 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI...THOUGH THE BOUNDARY IS 
LOCATED FARTHER NORTH AND WEST.  MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS AND 
PRECIPITATION ARE IN THE AREA NORTH OF 25N AND WEST OF 170W.  THE 
MOST RECENT SURFACE OBSERVATION FROM MIDWAY ATOLL INDICATES OVERCAST 
LOW CLOUDINESS...REDUCED VISIBILITY IN LIGHT RAIN AND WINDS FROM THE 
EAST/SOUTHEAST NEAR 15 MPH.  SOME OF THE SCATTERED HIGH CLOUD DEBRIS
WITH THE SYSTEM IS SWEEPING OVER AND TO THE SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS 
FROM TIME TO TIME.

A SURFACE LOW IS MORE THAN 1000 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND 
AND IS MOVING TOWARD THE SOUTH NEAR 15 MPH.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS AHEAD OF THE LOW ARE SOUTH OF 30N AND WITHIN 35 
MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N141W TO 29N142W TO 28N146W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.