Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 04:08:24 -0600

190 
FZPN01 KWBC 071008
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 07 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 37N 171E 978 MB MOVING E 25 KT WILL TURN NE IN 12 HOURS. 
WITHIN 240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 19 TO 26 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 
16 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 175E 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 176W 968 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 25 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 25 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 NM SW AND 540 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 162W 970 MB WITH FRONT FROM 46N 166W 
TO 47N 159W TO 43N 146W TO 31N 152W. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
QUADRANT... WINDS 40 TO 55 FT SEAS 23 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM S AND 720 NM Q AND 300 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 16 TO 23 FT.   

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 163W 970 MB MOVING E 25 KT WILL TURN MORE NE IN 12 
HOURS. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 23 TO 
32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM N 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 
NM S AND 480 NM N SEMICIRCLES. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 140W 972 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW TO 51N 
131W TO 46N 128W TO 37N 136W. WITHIN 300 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND 
120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 51N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM S AND 600 NM W QUADRANTS AND 180 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST 56N 139W 982 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S AND 360 NM W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 164E 993 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 173E 991 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM S AND 240 NM N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 174E 996 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 177E 1003 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND NE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA. N OF 56N AND E OF 170W...WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N 121W 1006 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS INLAND. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 153W TO 56N 163W TO 61N 175W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 56N 164W TO 61N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 163W TO 61N 
176W...MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 57N 146W 988 MB WILL MOVE SE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW TO MERGE WITH FORECAST LOW 53N 139W 
MENTIONED ABOVE. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 160E 1002 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

.FROM 37N TO 47N BETWEEN 140W AND 160W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 38N BETWEEN 135W AND 150W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON JAN 07
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE JAN 08
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED JAN 09

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 28N E OF 130W WLY WINDS 20 KT SEAS 15 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. FROM 6N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 
15 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF BAJA CALIFORNIA AND W OF 
LINE 23N110W 8N100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 8N W OF 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 18N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF BAJA CALIFORNIA 
AND W OF LINE 23N110W EQ105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 11 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF BAJA CALIFORNIA AND W 
OF LINE 23N110W EQ100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL.

.FROM 9N TO 12N FROM 86W TO 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N FROM 86W TO 90W NE TO E WINDS 
20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC MON JAN 7...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 6N115W 8N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 75 NM OF 6.7N120.4W. 

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER LL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.