Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 23:43:28 -0600

907 
ATHW40 PHFO 030543
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC THU JAN 03 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 03 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH THAT HAD BEEN 
AFFECTING THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS A FEW DAYS AGO IS WELL EAST OF 
THE ISLANDS THIS EVENING. THE TROUGH AXIS LIES ALONG A LINE FROM 30N 
132W TO 20N 140W. DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH HAS 
BEEN MOVING AWAY FROM THE ISLANDS...HIGH CLOUDS ARE STILL FOUND OVER 
THE BIG ISLAND. THE HIGH CLOUDS HAVE CONTINUED TO THIN OUT OVER THE 
LAST FEW HOURS...WITH THE LAST BAND ORIENTED WEST TO EAST ALONG A 
LINE FROM 19N161W TO 19N 150W. THIS BAND OF HIGH CLOUDS IS MAKING IT 
DIFFICULT TO SEE LOWER CLOUDS OVER THE BIG ISLAND THIS EVENING. 

A ROUGH EAST TO WEST BAND OF LOW CLOUDS AFFECTING MAUI...MOLOKAI... 
OAHU AND KAUAI ARE THE REMAINS OF A SHEARLINE. THE MAIN PART OF THE 
BAND STRETCHES FROM 22.5N 150.3W TO 20.9N 161.3W. THIS BAND IS 
BRINGING CLOUDY SKIES TO KAUAI AND OAHU...AND A FAR AMOUNT OF CLOUDS 
TO MOLOKAI THIS EVENING. THE CLOUDS WERE JUST BEGINNING TO MOVE OVER 
MAUI AT 7PM. KAHOOLAWE...LANAI AND NIIHAU WERE VIRTUALLY FREE OF LOW 
CLOUDS AT 7PM. THE BAND HAS BEEN SLOWLY SINKING SOUTHWARD AROUND 10 
MPH OVER THE LAST FEW HOURS. 

ANOTHER AREA OF LOW CLOUDS IS NORTH OF KAUAI THIS EVENING. THIS AREA 
OF CLOUDS IS NORTH OF A LINE FROM 22.7N 156.8W TO 21.2N 164.8W... 
PLACING THE CLOUDS JUST NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AT 7 PM. THIS AREA OF 
CLOUDS HAS BEEN MOVING TO THE SOUTH SOUTHWEST OVER THE LAST FEW 
HOURS AROUND 10 MPH.
$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.