Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:02:49 -0600

085 
ATPQ40 PGUM 210302
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST MON JAN 21 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT ENTER THE DISCUSSION AREA NEAR 23N180 AND STRETCHES 
SOUTHWESTWARD TO 21N170E...IT THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE AND 
EXTENDS TO 17N155E TO 17N140E AND TURNS NORTHWESTWARD TO 19N130E. 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES 
NORTH OF THIS FRONTAL BOUNDARY EAST OF 150E AND UP TO 150 MILES WEST 
OF 150E.
 
A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES FROM 1N130E TO 4N145E TO EQ155E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE 
TROUGH CAN BE FOUND SOUTH OF CHUUK BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 5N FROM 
145E TO 155E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS TO THE EAST OF 
KOSRAE 90 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE THAT STRETCHES FROM 9N160E TO 
4N171E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS NORTH OF 
MAJURO BETWEEN 10N AND 14N FROM 170E TO 180.

$$ 

ZIOBRO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.