Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:27:05 -0600

258 
FZPN01 KWBC 192226
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 19 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 34N 169E 995 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. S OF 37N W OF 175E...WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 175W 967 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM E...240 NM S...180 NM W AND 240 NM N 
QUADRANTS....WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 
NM NE...540 NM SE...360 NM SW AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS...ALSO 
FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 170E AND 178W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 168W 976 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM S...420 NM E AND 300 NM W QUADRANTS...ALSO FROM 
53N TO 58N BETWEEN 156W AND 168W...AND FROM 53N TO 60N BETWEEN 
170W AND 176W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 59N 178W 964 MB MOVING NW 30 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM OF CENTER...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND...N OF 63N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS N OF AREA. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 166W 983 MB MOVING N 25 KT. FROM 49N TO 51N BETWEEN 
164W AND 167W...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 48N TO 54N BETWEEN 162W AND 169W...ALSO N OF 50N BETWEEN 
152W AND 166W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ALSO FROM 
40N TO 50N BETWEEN 148W AND 158W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 
16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 167E 989 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM CENTER 
TO 46N 173E TO 44N 176E TO 40N 175E TO 37N 170E. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 60 NM W OF FRONT N OF 
42N...ALSO WITHIN 180 NM N AND 300 NM S SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 30 
TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 174W 989 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 
170W AND 178W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 168W 1005 MB. FROM 50N TO 57N BETWEEN 
160W AND 167W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 48N 124W 1019 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. BETWEEN 45N AND 53N FROM 
128W TO 138W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 124W 1015 MB. FROM 36N TO 53N BETWEEN 
125W AND 134W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 124W 1015 MB. FROM 41N TO 45N E OF 
130W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. WITHIN 540 NM NW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 162E 1001 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. FROM 37N TO 45N W OF 
162E...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 39N BETWEEN 145W AND 152W...WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 157E 1003 MB. S OF 37N W OF 
163E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 12 FT.

.FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 144W AND 161W...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 57N BETWEEN 145W AND 154W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 41N 140W 1036 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 48N 140W 1036 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 31N 171W 1017 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 154W 1028 MB
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 152W 1029 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 171W 1028 MB.

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT JAN 19
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN JAN 20
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON JAN 21

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.06 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST N 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W...INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 
BUILDING TO 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W 
12N98W NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N95.5W... 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT 
SEAS BUILDING TO 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 
16N95W 12N97W NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W...INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 
14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST

.FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 112W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
W OF LINE 30N128W 22N120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL...SEAS HIGHEST W OF 132W. N OF 
21N W OF 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 5N TO 25N W OF 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 92W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 22N TO 28N NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...N OF 14N 
BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...FROM 10N 
TO 15N BETWEEN 93W AND 99W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...FROM 9N 
TO 15N BETWEEN 93W AND 100W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...WITHIN 
150 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N98W 10N105W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2045 UTC SAT JAN 19...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 6N77W 4N100W 6N115W 10N126W
7N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER CAB
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.