Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 06:19:25 -0600

688 
ATHW40 PHFO 071219
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC MON JAN 07 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 07 2008

A CLOUD BAND STRETCHING SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST FROM 23N 180 TO 30N 
165W HAS DIMINISHED IN WIDTH OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS AND IS NOW 100 
MILES ACROSS BETWEEN 20N AND 28N. NORTH OF 28N THE CLOUD BAND 
REMAINS 300 MILES ACROSS. THE BAND CONTINUES TO MOVE 30 MPH TOWARD 
THE EAST. IN THE NARROW PART OF THE BAND CLOUDS ARE MAINLY 
STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ WITH A THIN EMBEDDED LINE OF TOWERING CUMULUS 
AND CUMULONIMBUS /CB/. NORTH OF 28N THE CLOUD STRUCTURE WITHIN THE 
BAND IS MAINLY OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH SOME ISOLATED CB. 

WELL NORTHEAST OF HAWAII AN AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS 
AND STRATUS CLOUDS ARE MAINLY STATIONARY AND LOCATED WITHIN THE BOX 
CONTAINED BY 22N 140W AND 28N 152W. THESE CLOUDS ARE SITTING UNDER 
THE CENTER OF A SURFACE HIGH THAT IS PROVIDING THE STATE WITH THE 
EAST TO SOUTHEAST TRADE WINDS.

AROUND THE ISLANDS...GENERAL FLOW REMAINS OUT OF THE SOUTHEAST WITH 
CLOUDS OVER THE OCEAN MOVING BY THE ISLANDS AT 15 MPH. SKIES OVER 
THE ISLANDS ARE MOSTLY CLEAR WITH FLEETING AREAS OF BROKEN SC 
PASSING OVERHEAD. THE SUMMITS REMAIN CLEAR. 

BETWEEN 10N AND 20N FROM 140W TO THE DATELINE LOW SC CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING WEST AT 20 TO 30 MPH. MOST AREAS HAVE SCATTERED SC WITH THE 
EXCEPTION OF OVERCAST SC BETWEEN 140W AND 155W. BETWEEN 20N AND 30N 
FROM 150W TO 180 SCATTERED SC ARE MOVING NORTH AT 20 TO 30 MPH 
AROUND THE HIGH PRESSURE CIRCULATION.

AN ACTIVE ITCZ IS PRODUCING THUNDERSTORMS AND OVERCAST SKIES BETWEEN 
6N AND 10N ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC.  

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.