Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:21:46 -0600

190 
ATHW40 PHFO 271821
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SUN JAN 27 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 27 2008

STRONG TRADE WINDS ARE BRINGING LOW OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ TO 
THE WINDWARD COASTS OF THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS MORNING. OVER OAHU SOME 
MOUNTAIN WAVE CLOUDS HAVE FORMED IN THE LEE OF THE KOOLAU MTS 
BRINGING BROKEN SC TO CENTRAL OAHU AND THE SOUTH SHORE. MOST OF 
KAUAI HAS BROKEN SC. OTHERWISE THE LEE SIDES OF THE ISLANDS ARE 
MOSTLY CLEAR WITH PATCHES OF SC PASSING BY QUICKLY OVERHEAD.

UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS...LOW TOPPED...STABLE...CLOSED CELLULAR SC 
AND STRATUS ARE MOVING 25 MPH TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST. THESE CLOUDS ARE 
BRINGING BROKEN SKY COVER TO THE AREA BETWEEN 140W AND 160W AND 20N 
TO 30N. 

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW 700 MILES WEST OF KAUAI IS WEAKENING AS IT MOVES 
SLOWLY WEST. OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED ALONG THE EASTERN QUADRANT AND STRETCH 
FROM 10N TO 20N AND BETWEEN 160W AND 170W. A BAND OF CIRRUS EXTENDS 
EAST FROM THE SOUTHERN PORTION OF THE LOW/S CLOUD BAND REACHING AS 
FAR AS 140W NEAR 17N. THE CIRRUS IS BEING CARRIED ALONG BY THE 
SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.