Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:06:57 -0600

737 
ATPQ40 PGUM 130306
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST WED FEB 13 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT ENTERS THE DISCUSSION AREA NEAR 25N160E AND EXTENDS TO 
16N142E THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 12N130E. EXTENSIVE 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 150 MILES 
NORTH OF THE FRONT AND SHEAR LINE.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS BETWEEN THE 
EQUATOR AND 5N FROM 158E TO 165E AND WITHIN 100 MILES NORTH AND 
SOUTH OF A LINE THAT STRETCHES FROM 5N165E TO 2N170E TO 6N180. 

ANOTHER AREA OF SHOWERS BEING PRODUCED BY TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS 
LOCATED 100 MILES EITHER EAST AND WEST OF A LINE THAT EXTENDS FROM 
5N170E TO 14N164E.

A WEAK TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS PRODUCING CLOUDS AND A FEW SHOWERS 
NEAR THE MARIANAS BETWEEN 11N AND 15N FROM 144E TO 150E.

THE NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH HAS MOVED WEST OF 130E. LOW-LEVEL WIND 
FLOW CONVERGENCE EAST OF THE TROUGH IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 2N AND 10N FROM 130E TO 136E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.