Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:45:13 -0600

126 
FZPN40 PHFO 120445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT JAN 12 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 12 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 13 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 14 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT THRU 30N 164W 26N 170W 23N 179W MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 179E 26N 174W 30N 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 156W 22N 163W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 171W 25N 161W 30N 148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 145W 20N 154W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT AND IN AREA N OF 24N BETWEEN 154W AND 162W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NORTHWEST OF AREA. SOUTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT NORTHWEST 0F LINE 30N 167E 28N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 165E 27N 160E. SOUTHWEST TO WEST WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT NORTH OF 28N BETWEEN 180 AND 162E.

RIDGE 28N 140W 23N 170W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE WEST.

RIDGE 27N 178W 30N 172E MOVING E 20 KT

RIDGE THRU 30N 164E 29N 160E MOVING E 20 KT.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 23N 160E 23N 170E 15N 178W 06N 
160E 23N 160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 07N TO 23N WEST OF 
167W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 05N TO 20N BETWEEN 
160W AND 170E.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 15 TO 20 FT N OF LINE 30N 168W 28N 180 30N 175E. SEAS 8 FT OR 
LESS SOUTH OF 07N WEST OF 178E. REST OF AREA SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 30 FT N OF LINE 30N 159W 24N 174W 30N 
177W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SOUTH OF 06N WEST OF 178E AND FROM 25N TO 
29N WEST OF 168E. REST OF AREA SEAS 8 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 16 TO 23 FT NORTH OF LINE 30N 148W 15N 165W 
10N 180 19N 180 30N 170W 30N 148W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SOUTH OF LINE 
06N WEST OF 165E AND WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 28N 174E 24N 160E. SEAS 8 
TO 16 FT ELSEWHERE.

ITCZ...06N 140W 04N 155W 06N 170W 06N 170E 05N 160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM NORTH OF ITCZ WEST OF 160W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.