Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:14:11 -0600

901 
FZPN01 KWBC 131614
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 13 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 49N 160E TO 37N 
166E...AREA OF SE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
W OF A LINE FROM 50N 162E TO 30N 173E...AREA OF E TO SE WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N 171E 972 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 172E 965 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 51N 
161E TO LOW CENTER TO 41N 178E TO 30N 179W. WITHIN 120 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 65 TO 75 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
180 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 
FT...ALSO WITHIN 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND NE OF THE 
FRONT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 177E 962 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
48N 175E TO 49N 169W TO 35N 163W. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 22 TO 
38 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 56N 174E TO 50N 160W TO 40N 
151W TO 30N 156W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 26 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 165W 950 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 300 
NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 30 TO 48 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 1020 NM E AND 840 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 15 TO 34 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 155W 970 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 53N 
133W TO 34N 150W. WITHIN 360 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT 
SEAS 26 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER ICE FREE WATERS N OF A LINE 
FROM 60N 177W TO 36N 160W TO 55N 140W AND WITHIN 360 NM SE OF 
THE FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 18 TO 36 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N 150W 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 54N 
130W TO 46N 140W. WITHIN 720 NM SE AND 540 NM S QUADRANTS AND 
WITHIN 300 NM SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 420 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 44N 125W TO 30N 137W...AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 42N E OF 130W...AREA OF N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 59N 179W TO 45N 174W TO 55N 163W AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 179E TO 54N 166W TO 55N 
162W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 179E TO 57N 177W TO 57N 
166W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 38N TO 56N BETWEEN 140W AND 152W AND N OF A LINE FROM 53N 
169W TO 47N 164W TO 53N 158W AREA OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM E OF A LINE FROM 57N 137W TO 43N 
145W AREA OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 38N BETWEEN 164W AND 168W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 39N 136W 1033 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 131W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 32N 174E 1018 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 163W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 146W 1025 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 44N 131W 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED FEB 13
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU FEB 14
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI FEB 15

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 89W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 92W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 12N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT. NW OF 
LINE 30N128W 21N140W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF LINE 22N112W 12N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE 27N116W 13N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE 22N115W 8N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL...EXCEPT 12 TO 16 FT NW OF LINE 
30N132W 23N140W.

.18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS SEAS 
BUILDING 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N96W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC WED FEB 13...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 6N77W 4N88W 6N104W 4N110W 
7N122W 7N140W. NUMEROUS MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG S OF 7N BETWEEN 
79W AND 84W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 
87W AND 100W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 
128W AND 138W.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.