Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:03:44 -0600

993 
FZPN01 KWBC 192203
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FEB 19 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 157W 963 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
47N 155W TO 44N 153W TO 39N 154W TO 35N 158W. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT AND 180 NM E AND W QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 55 KT SEAS 
16 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE...180 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 180 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 153W 960 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 147W 965 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 55N 145W TO 51N 136W TO 39N 137W TO 33N 138W. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 46N...WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S...420 NM N 
SEMICIRCLES AND 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
15 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 151W 972 MB. WITHIN 900 NM S...840 NM 
W ...AND 420 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 
FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 38N 157E 1002 MB. WITHIN 
300 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 161E 983 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 42N 
162E TO 44N 160E TO 42N 168E TO 33N 169E. WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT 
AND FROM 30N TO 37N W OF 166E...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 47N W OF 175E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
11 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 135W 996 MB MOVING E 30 KT WILL TURN NE 06 HOURS. 
WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM S AND 240 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 13 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY FORECAST LOW 52N 147W. 
CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 151W 962 MB MOVING NW 30 KT. WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM 
SE... 420 NM NE...AND 240 NM SW AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
FORECAST LOW 52N 147W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 39N 173W 996 MB MOVING E 35 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 151W 1006 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 139W. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 21 FT.  

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N 127W 1003 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW TO 37N 127W TO 33N 130W. WITHIN 120 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 180 
NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 57N AND W OF 175W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. .24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 58N AND W OF 174W AREA OF MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 55N 164W TO 59N 180 AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 52N 170W 970 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 540 NM W AND NW 
AND 300 NM SE QUADRANTS ...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 62N 164W 975 MB. WITHIN 720 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH FORECAST LOW 58N 
151W.

.FROM 50N TO 56N BETWEEN 134W AND 149W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 32N 136W 1023 MB MOVING E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 126W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 169E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 177W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER CANGIALOSI/MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE FEB 19
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED FEB 20
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU FEB 21

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 7N TO 15N W OF 130W NE WIND 20 KT SEAS 8 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 15N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT WITH NW SWELL.

.S OF 14N FROM 130W TO 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.NW OF LINE 30N132W 23N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W OF 135W SW TO W WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N124W 
15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 30N116W 15N125W 15N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WIND 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC TUE FEB 19.
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...2N78W 5N105W 6N120W 6N140W.   
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS 
FROM 125W TO 135W.

$$
FORECASTER LL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.