Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 03:46:07 -0600

793 
FZPN01 KWBC 040946
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 04 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 44N 138W 956 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 55 TO 65 KT SEAS 28 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 38N TO 46N BETWEEN 126W AND 
130W...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 
48N BETWEEN 121W AND 150W...AND WITHIN 960 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 128W 958 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 45 TO 55 KT SEAS 30 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
38N TO 51N BETWEEN 124W AND 141W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 22 TO 
36 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 54N E OF 142W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. N OF 32N E OF 130W...W TO SW WINDS 
TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 49N 159E 984 MB. FROM 40N 
TO 51N W OF 169E OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 
TO 15 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 162E 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 164E 975 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF 
A LINE FROM 41N 164E TO 54N 176W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 
26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 130W 972 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 49N TO 53N E OF 
131W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED 
BY LOW 49N 128W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N 151W 972 MB MOVING E 10 KT. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE...WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 146W 973 MB. W OF 142W WITHIN 900 NM 
SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 142W 978 MB. W OF 130W WITHIN 720 NM W 
AND 900 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 172W 992 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 420 NM 
SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE. ELSEWHERE N OF 48N W OF 180...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
56N 146W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N 175E 1004 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 172W 1005 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N 
TO 40N BETWEEN 151W AND 171W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 31N TO 46N BETWEEN 130W 
AND 150W...W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 168E 1004 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
168E AND 160E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 174E 997 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 178E 988 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 174W AND 170E...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 177E 1000 MB. FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 
177W AND 169E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 174W 992 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 40N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E...AND WITHIN 540 NM NE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 58N 159W TO 58N 170W TO 60N 179W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 155W TO 57N 164W TO 61N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 158W TO 61N 
174W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.N OF 59N W OF THE ALASKAN COAST...N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 11 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N 146W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

.LOW 39N 165E 1005 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 177E 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW 
CENTER...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N 178E 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.FROM 36N TO 48N BETWEEN 153W AND 165W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 31N 165W 1026 MB MOVING E 10 KT...WILL TURN SE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 160W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.  

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 164E 1017 MB.

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI JAN 04
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT JAN 05
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN JAN 06

.WARNINGS.
...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 10N100W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 18 TO 23 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W 
13N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W 8N90W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 4N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 
115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT IN NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 16N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MERGING NW AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 5N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 94W AND 115W NE TO E WINDS 2O TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT
IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 16N BETWEEN 93W AND 125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN MERGING NE AND E SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 11N97W 
10N112W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N BETWEEN 93W 
AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN MERGING NW 
AND E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
FROM 8N TO 12N BETWEEN 105W AND 120W E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 12 
FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 13N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
MIXED NW AND E SWELL. 

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 6N E OF 93W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 8N E OF 93W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.

.N OF 4N BETWEEN 78W TO 83W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 6N FROM 79W TO 81W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 9N TO 15N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 16N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. FROM 4N TO 8N W OF 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 19N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. S OF 8N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.N OF 28N W OF 125W SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N118W 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N128W 23N140W. N OF 27N BETWEEN 
120W AND FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE...N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 20N W OF 117W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 17N 
W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0930 UTC FRI JAN 4...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...2N78W 4N85W 4N99W 9N117W 
7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 1112W 
AND 117W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 
132W AND 135W. 

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.