Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 04:52:18 -0600

685 
FZPN40 PHFO 161052
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED JAN 16 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 16 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 17 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 18 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNINGS...
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF FORECAST 
WATERS.  WINDS OVER FORECAST WATERS 20 TO 25 KT W OF A LINE 30N 164E 
27N 160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 165E 27N 160E.  WINDS 20 TO 35 KT N 
OF A LINE 30N 176E 26N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 178E 26N 169E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 172W 25N 180 23N 176E THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 21N 
160E.  FRONT MOVING E 20 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING SE SLOWLY.  

HIGH 1020MB 29N 163W MOVING SE SLOWLY.  RIDGES THRU 25N 170W 22N 
177E AND THRU 23N 155W 22N 150W.

HIGH 1020MB 30N 163W MOVING ENE 25 KT.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE 30N 160E 22N 165E 22N 177E 30N 173W. 
SEAS MOSTLY 8 TO 14 FT OVER THE REST OF THE AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 05S W OF 172E.  SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT REST OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 16 FT N OF 28N W OF 180.  SEA 8 FT OR 
LESS S OF 04N W OF 172E.  SEAS 8 TO 14 FT REST OF AREA.

ITCZ...06N 140W 06N 153W 03N 168E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM N 
OF ITCZ W OF 170W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.