Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 21:16:29 -0600

954 
ATPQ40 PGUM 040316
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST MON FEB 4 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT REACHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N139E TO 22N130E AND 
BEYOND. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND MODERATE RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND 
UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE BOUNDARY.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N148E TO SOUTH OF IWO JIMA 
NEAR 22N142E TO 16N130E AND BEYOND. PATCHY CLOUDS AND SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 150 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE.

A WEAK TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING ISOLATED TO SCATTERED 
SHOWERS OVER GUAM...ROTA...TINIAN AND SAIPAN WITHIN 70 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 12N140E TO 14N144E TO 15N149E.

THE COMBINATION OF TRADE CONVERGENCE AND UPPER-LEVEL DIFFLUENCE IS 
PRODUCING NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF PALAU 
AND YAP WITHIN 130 MILES OF A LINE FROM 2N130E TO 4N139E TO EQ146E. 
ISOLATED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO OCCURRING JUST SOUTH OF KOROR 
WITHIN 40 MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N130E TO 6N134E TO 7N136E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS CREATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS FROM SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK TO POHNPEI WITHIN 100 MILES OF 
A LINE FROM 4N144E TO 3N151E TO 7N160E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO 
FORMING ACROSS A LARGE AREA OVER KOSRAE AND THE MARSHALL ISLANDS TO 
THE DATELINE BETWEEN 2N AND 10N FROM 161E TO 180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.