Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:53:26 -0600

934 
FZPN01 KWBC 301553
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 30 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 153W 979 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 27 TO 40 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420
NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 780 NM SE AND 600 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 135W 986 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 24 TO 39 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM NW...720 NM SW...AND 840 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 123W 1004 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 19 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 166E 972 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N 172E TO 35N 168E. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT AND 240 
NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT.
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SE AND 360 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 780 NM SE AND 420 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 177E 965 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 51N
176E TO 51N 173W TO 44N 167W TO 39N 169W. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 360 
NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 39 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
420 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM N AND NE OF FRONT N OF 
45N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 
NM S AND W QUADRANTS AND 480 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 179E 980 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 300 
NM N QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM N...600 NM E...AND 300 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 163E 994 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 180 985 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM SE AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N 169E 984 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 49N 125W 1006 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 660 NM S AND 360 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.LOW NW OF AREA 63N 175W 996 MB MOVING E 15 KT. OVER ICE FREE 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 58N 143W 993 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 180 NM E 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N AND E OF 122W AREA OF NW WINDS
TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 163E 1007 MB. FROM 30N TO 35N W OF 
170E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N 163W 995 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 53N 152W TO 49N 149W TO 42N 149W. WITHIN 360 NM S
QUADRANT AND 240 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT. 

.FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 144W AND 151W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 166W AND 174W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 166W AND 177E DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 34N 158W 1033 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 154W 1032 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 153W 1033 MB.

.HIGH 34N 138W 1034 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 137W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 41N 165W 1031 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 152W 1032 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 146W 1033 MB. 

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED JAN 30
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU JAN 31
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI FEB 01

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 8N TO 23N W OF 118W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT. N OF 23N BETWEEN 113W AND 120W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 24N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT 10 TO 15 FT FROM 13N TO 
20N W OF 128W. ELSEWHERE N OF 18N BETWEEN 112W AND 122W N WINDS 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 8N W OF 112W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 27N W OF 126W E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN MIXED E AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 4N W OF 
113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS OCCASIONALLY TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 21N TO 25N E OF 109W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC WED JAN 30...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 2N78W 6N110W 10N130W 
8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS W OF 132W.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.