Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:45:08 -0600

957 
FZPN40 PHFO 311645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON DEC 31 2007
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 31 2007.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 01 2007.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 02 2007.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 151W 26N 156W THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 23N 162W 23N 
176W.  FRONT MOVING E 20 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING SE 15 KT.  WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 28N 160W 16N 160W 13N 170W 25N 175E 
28N 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 26N 154W 
10N 170W 13N 166E 24N 175E 26N 154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 24N 160W 
12N 147W 08N 170E 16N 163E 23N 175E 24N 160W.

TROUGH 25N 155W 19N 157W NEARLY STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING.

RIDGE 30N 172E 25N 160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

RIDGE 30N 145W 26N 153W MOVING E 10 KT.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 8 FT OF LESS S OF 08N W OF 175W.  SEAS 14 TO 17 FT BETWEEN 16N 
AND 24N BOUNDED BY 170W AND 175E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 08S W OF 175E.  SEAS 14 TO 
18 FT BETWEEN 12N AND 21N BOUNDED BY 170W AND 170E.  
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SW OF A LINE 10S 160E EQ 175E.  
SEAS 14 TO 17 FT OVER MOST OF AREA BETWEEN 10N AND 20N BOUNDED BY 
170W AND 165E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN S OF 03N W OF 166E.

ITCZ...08N 140W 09N 154W 05N 174W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 160W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.