Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 22:23:37 -0600

179 
FZPN01 KWBC 070423
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 07 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 45N 167W 966 MB MOVING E 20 KT WILL TURN MORE NE IN 18 
HOURS. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 23 TO 
32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM N 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 
NM S AND 480 NM N SEMICIRCLES. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 141W 971 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW TO 51N 
135W TO 46N 131W TO 40N 135W. WITHIN 300 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND 
120 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST 55N 139W 980 MB. WITHIN 780 NM S AND 480 NM W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 17 TO 25 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 37N 168E 986 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 19 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 
FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 175E 976 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 35 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 177W 971 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 25 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 NM SW AND 540 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 165W 972 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM E AND 780 NM S AND 600 NM W AND N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.30 HOUR FORECAST 44N 142W 992 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE... WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MERGED WITH FORECAST LOW 
55N 139W ABOVE.

...STORM WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 164E 992 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 168E 991 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM S AND 240 NM N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 55N 173E 994 MB MOVING N 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 175E 1002 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND NE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA. N OF 56N BETWEEN 177E AND 
178W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N 125W 1004 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS INLAND. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 153W TO 56N 163W TO 61N 175W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 56N 164W TO 61N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 163W TO 61N 
176W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N 147W 988 MB WILL MOVE SE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW TO MERGE WITH FORECAST LOW 51N 141W. 

.FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 155W AND 166W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 45N BETWEEN 140W AND 144W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 35N 139W 1020 MB WILL MOVE SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 32N 172W 1014 MB WILL MOVE E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON JAN 07
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE JAN 08
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED JAN 09

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.RIDGE 27N140W 13N100W. NE OF RIDGE TO 110W W TO NW WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 30N130W. FROM 
7N TO 19N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN N SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE SW OF RIDGE WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH PRES 27N138W 1023 MB RIDGE TO 13N100W. NE 
OF RIDGE TO 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY 
IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 30N122W. FROM 8N TO 18N W OF 
120W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE SW 
OF RIDGE WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH PRES 28N134W 1025 MB RIDGE TO 13N100W. NE 
OF RIDGE TO 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY 
IN NW SWELL. FROM 8N TO 18N W OF 120W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 10 
TO 12 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE SW OF RIDGE WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.15 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 9N TO 27N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO 
E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC MON JAN 7...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 5N77W 5N92W 3N98W 8N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF 
LINE 5N114W 8N125W AND WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE LINE 8N130W 
8N140W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER NELSON
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.