Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 04:45:09 -0600

884 
FZPN40 PHFO 151045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE JAN 15 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 15 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 16 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 17 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

LOW 1004MB JUST N OF FORECAST AREA NEAR 32N 146W. N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N BETWEEN 147W AND 158W...AND S 
TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N E OF 143W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 1006 MB JUST N OF FORECAST AREA NEAR 32N 150W 
N OF AREA. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 
145W AND 156W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING LOW 1011 MB N OF FORECAST AREA NEAR 32N 
151W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

FRONT 30N 178E 26N 168E 24N 160E MOVING E 30 KT...EXCEPT NEARLY 
STATIONARY S OF 26N. SW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT N 
OF 28N. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. ALSO...NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM N OF FRONT W OF 166E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 171W 26N 180 21N 165E. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM N OF FRONT W OF 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 164W 27N 170W 23N 175E. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

DISSIPATING FRONT 23N 140W 19N 144W 15N 156W. FRONT MOVING E 
SLOWLY...EXCEPT NEARLY STATIONARY S OF 19N.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 19N BETWEEN 152W AND 
170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 17N 
W OF 168W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT NW OF NW FORECAST WATERS. W TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 27N W OF 173E.

RIDGE 28N 160E 27N 166E MOVING E 20 KT.

RIDGE 30N 162W 26N 170W 23N 173E MOVING E SLOWLY.

RIDGE 30N 161W 22N 154W MOVING E SLOWLY.

SEAS 9 TO 22 FT IN AREA N OF 09N E OF 152W. SEAS 9 TO 19 FT IN AREA 
BETWEEN 152W AND 177E. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF 06N W OF 177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 148W AND 173E... 
AND IN AREA N OF 06N W OF 177E. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA N OF 04N E 
OF 148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 145W AND 175E. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 06N W OF 175E. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA 
FROM 08N TO 22N E OF 145W. 

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF 
AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 03N TO 09N W OF 170E.

ITCZ...05N 140W 05N 160W 05N 170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
180 NM OF ITCZ W OF 159W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.