Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:58:07 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 142130 COR
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED CORRECTED/142130Z-150600ZJAN2008//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/141951ZJAN2008//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 141800Z, TROPICAL DEPRESSION 01W WAS LOCATED NEAR 11.0N
112.1E, APPROXIMATELY 185 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF NHA TRANG VIETNAM,
AND HAD TRACKED SOUTHWESTWARD AT 11 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 142100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 19.1S 147.2E,
APPROXIMATELY 150 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A CONSOLIDATING LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) POSITIONED ON THE EASTERN EDGE OF A LARGE
AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION. A 141917Z SSMI IMAGE INDICATES CURVED
BANDING OVER THE WESTERN QUADRANT WRAPPING INTO THE NORTHERN
QUADRANT. RECENT RADAR DATA FROM THE TOWNSVILLE RADAR SHOWS A WELL-
DEFINED LLCC OVER WATER LOCATED ABOUT 25 NM NORTHEAST OF TOWNSVILLE.
SURFACE OBSERVATIONS INDICATE SLP NEAR 996 MB AND SURFACE WINDS
SUSTAINED AT 27 KNOTS, INCREASING IN INTENSITY OVER THE PAST 06
HOURS AS THE LLCC SLOWLY TRACKS SOUTHWARD. THE UPPER-LEVEL
ENVIRONMENT IS FAVORABLE WITH WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
AND AN ANTICYCLONE OVER THE CENTER AS WELL AS GOOD POLEWARD OUTFLOW
ENHANCED BY A TROUGH TO THE SOUTHWEST. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 22 TO 28 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 996 MB. THE MAJOR LIMITING FACTOR IS INTER-
ACTION WITH LAND WHICH SHOULD CONTINUE TO HINDER SIGNIFICANT
DEVELOPMENT OVER THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS, THEREFORE THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED FAIR AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1) AND
UPDATED PARA 1.A.(1).
4. JUSTIFICATION FOR CORRECTION: CORRECTED MANOP AND SUBJECT LINE.
FORECAST TEAM: DELTA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.