Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 09:30:50 -0600

386 
ATPQ40 PGUM 051530
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST SUN JAN 6 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT ENTERS THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE DISCUSSION AREA AT 
25N167E EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD TO 19N157E...THEN CONTINUES AS A 
SHEARLINE THROUGH JUST NORTH OF SAIPAN NEAR 16N146E TO END AT 
11N134E. WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY LIGHT RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG 
AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES NORTHWESTWARD FROM EQ150E TO 
SOUTH OF PALAU NEAR 5N135E...THEN EASTWARD TO 5N130E AND BEYOND. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING ALONG THE 
TROUGH AXIS WITHIN 125 MILES OF A LINE FROM EQ151E TO 7N140E TO 
5N131E. A SURFACE TROUGH BRANCHES NORTHWESTWARD FROM THE 
NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH SOUTH OF KOROR AT 5N134E TO 8N130E AND 
BEYOND. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FORMING IN THE VICINITY OF THE TROUGH 
AXIS WELL NORTHWEST OF PALAU WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 11N130E 
TO 14N134E.

A SURFACE TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 5N160E 
TO 17N164E. TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TROUGH IS 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS 
CHUUK...POHNPEI AND JUST NORTH OF KOSRAE BETWEEN 5N AND 11N FROM 
150E TO 165E.  

MID TO HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS FROM EARLIER CONVECTION CAN BE SEEN FROM 
KWAJALEIN ACROSS MAJURO TO THE DATELINE BETWEEN 6N AND 12N FROM 165E 
TO 180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.