Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:30:11 -0600

095 
ATHW40 PHFO 121230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC TUE FEB 12 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 12 2008

WEATHER RADAR AND SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN INCREASE IN SHOWERS  
OVER THE ISLAND/S WINDWARD WATERS IN THE PAST COUPLE OF HOURS. A 
BATCH OF THESE SHOWERS ARE CURRENTLY PASSING THROUGH THE WINDWARD 
COASTAL WATERS OF MOLOKAI AND OAHU WITH A FEW OF THEM PEELING OFF 
AND ON TO OAHU/S WINDWARD SECTIONS AND KOOLAU MOUNTAINS. THE BAND OF 
SHOWERS THREATENING THE BIG ISLAND EARLIER CONTINUES TO DO 
SO...ALTHOUGH THE BAND HAS BECOME DISORGANIZED. THE SHOWERS 
APPROACHING THE KAU COAST ARE CHANGING COURSE OVER THE COASTAL 
WATERS BY MOVING PARALLEL TO THE COAST. THE SHOWERS THEN TAKE A 
MORE EAST TO WEST MOVEMENT UPON REACHING THE VICINITY OF SOUTH 
POINT. ELSEWHERE ALONG THE BIG ISLAND/S WINDWARD COAST...SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE COMING ONSHORE AND DISSIPATING ACROSS PUNA/HILO 
DISTRICTS. MOST OF THESE SHOWERS ARE LIGHT IN INTENSITY. ON THE 
OTHER HAND...THE ISLAND/S LEEWARD WATERS ARE RELATIVELY SHOWER-FREE 
WITH JUST A FEW LOW LEVEL CLOUDS. THE LOW LEVEL WIND FLOW HAS VEER 
SLIGHTLY DURING THE PAST 8 HOURS AND IS MOST NOTICEABLE ACROSS THE 
ISLAND/S WINDWARD COASTAL AND OFFSHORE WATERS. THE SPEEDS REMAINS AT 
20 TO 25 MILES AN HOUR. 

UNSTABLE TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS IN ASSOCIATION WITH AN UPPER LEVEL 
TROUGH REMAINS 500 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. THESE CLOUDS 
ARE MOSTLY BETWEEN 20N AND 10N FROM 150W TO 140W. ELSEWHERE A 330 
MILE WIDE FRONTAL BAND IS LOCATED 700 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE 
MULTILAYERED BAND OF CLOUDS AND SHOWERS CROSSED MIDWAY ATOLL/ISLANDS 
EARLIER IN THE EVENING. ITS BACK EDGE IS NOW ABOUT 100 MILES AWAY 
FROM REACHING THE ATOLL. THE BAND IS MOVING EAST AT 18 MPH. THE 
DENSE HIGH CLOUDS RUNNING 300 MILES EAST OF THE FRONTAL BAND HAS 
DISSIPATED CONSIDERABLY DURING THE PAST 6 HOURS. SOME OF THESE 
CLOUDS ARE STILL MOVING DOWN AND ACROSS THE ISLAND SKIES.

$$
LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.