Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 04:40:11 -0600

642 
FZPN40 PHFO 281040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON JAN 28 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 28 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 29 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 30 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT 30N 164E 25N 160E MOVING E 20 KT. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 24N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 173E 27N 170E 23N 160E. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. 

.WEAK TROUGH 28N 178W 24N 180 19N 179W MOVING W 20 KT AND 
DISSIPATING WITHIN NEXT 12 HOURS.

.RIDGE 30N 179E 24N 165E MOVING E 15 KT.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 12N TO 26N BETWEEN 150W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 11N TO 26N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 25N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 172W.

.OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 05N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 15 FT WITHIN AREA FROM 13N TO 27N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 176W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT W OF 172E. SEAS 6 TO 10 FT 
REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ...08N 140W 07N 150W 07N 171W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
60 NM N OF ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.