Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 04:47:11 -0600

454 
FZPN40 PHFO 181045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON FEB 18 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 18 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 19 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 20 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT 30N167E 27N160E MOVING ESE 40 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 35 KT N OF A 
LINE 26N170E 26N170E 30N180.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N175W 24N175E 21N165E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF A LINE 30N170E 26N180 26N172W 30N167W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N159W 22N176E.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THRU 30N150W 26N155W 25N160W THENCE DISSIPATING 
STATIONARY FRONT THRU 26N170W 19N175E 15N160E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 
30 KT ALONG 30N.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN N OF A LINE 30N157W 
27N152W 27N145W 29N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 28N140W 23N150W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 
KT OR LESS.

.WEAK COLD FRONT 30N173W 26N180 21N169E MOVING E 30 KT.

.RIDGE 24N140W 21N150W 17N172E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE 19N160E 19N169E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 24N160E 30N180.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S 
OF A LINE 08N160E 08N180 30N140W.  ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE 20N160E 24N180 
30N170W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE 10S160E 05S170W 27N140E.  
ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR SEAS 8 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE 30N170E 22N180 30N160W. SEAS 8 
FT OR LESS S OF A LINE 20N140E EQ165E...AND S OF A LINE 10S160E 
10S170E EQ180.  ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ 05N140W 03S149W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.