Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:56:32 -0600

287 
FQPS01 NFFN 171800
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE Jan 172000 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNING HURRICANE WARNING 025 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan
17/1915 UTC 2008 UTC.TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA CENTRE [968HPA] CATEGORY 2
WAS LOCATED NEAR 16 DECIMAL 6 SOUTH 170 DECIMAL 9 EAST AT 171800 UTC.
POSITION FAIR.  REPEAT POSITION 16.6 SOUTH 170.9 EAST AT 171800
UTC.CYCLONE MOVING SOUTHEAST AT ABOUT 10 KNOTS.CYCLONE
INTENSIFYING.EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 60 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE
INCREASING TO 70 KNOTS WITHIN THE NEXT 12 HOURS.EXPECT WINDS OVER 47
KNOTS WITHIN 40 MILES OF CENTRE.EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 120
MILES OF CENTRE.         FORECAST POSITION NEAR 18.2S 171.9E AT
180600 UTC                       AND NEAR 19.4S 172.4E AT 181800
UTC.ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED
TO SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS
USE NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL
NADITCC AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES
WARNING 023.

GALE WARNING 026 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 17/1907 UTC 2008 UTC.SOUTH
OF A LINE 25S 158W 23S 155W 22S 154W 22S 151W 25S 151W 25S 158W
EXPECT EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS 30 TO 35 KNOTS. AREA OF GALES MOVING
SOUTHWEST AT 15 KNOTS. THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 024.

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 181800 UTC.

 TROPICAL CYCLONE TC FUNA [970HPA] CATEGORY 2 NEAR 16.6S 170.9E AT
171800UTC MOVING SOUEAST AT 10 KNOTS. POSITION FAIR. OUTSIDE THE
WARNING AREA EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 25 TO 30 KNOTS WITHIN 200 MILES
OF THE CENTRE. VERY ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS.

WEAK LOW L1 [1001HPA] NEAR 17S 159W.

LOW L2 [1002HPA] NEAR 22S 176W. 

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 06S 175E 11S 179W TO L2 TO 25S 175W. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100
MILES OF CZ1.

TROUGH T1 14S 160E TO TC FUNA TO 20S 175E 23S 180 SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 200 MILES OF CZ1.

TROUGH T2 14S 175W 12S 165W TO L1 TO 25S 156W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN RAIN AND SQUALLY THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF T1.

TROUGH T3 10S 151W 15S 135W 25S 123W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN
SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF T2.

WITHIN 150 MILES OF T1, EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWESTERLY WINDS 20 TO
25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS UPTO 30 KNOTS. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE
SWELLS.

SOUTH OF 15S AND BETWEEN 175W AND 140W NORTHEAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS
AND UPTO 30 KNOTS AT TIMES.

OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 10S BETWEEN 175W AND 155W MODERATE EAST TO
SOUTHEASTERLY SWELLS.

OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF EQUATOR AND EAST OF 160W, MODERATE SOUTH TO
SOUTHWESTERLY SWELLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.