Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:01:19 -0600

295 
FZPN01 KWBC 311601
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 31 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 31. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N 175E 968 MB MOVING NW 10 KT...WITH A FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 51N 177W TO 46N 169W TO 36N 172W. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 25 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND N OF 50N WITHIN 180 NM N OF THE 
FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 
NM N AND 600 NM S SEMICIRCLES...AND 420 NM E OF THE 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 172E 968 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 45 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM OF LOW CENTER...AND N OF 40N W OF 173E...WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 167E 973 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS W 
AND NW OF A LINE FROM 40N 174E TO 59N 165W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 37N 165E 990 MB MOVING NE 45 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 172W 989 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
36N TO 47N BETWEEN 159W AND 178W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 
21 FT. ALSO FROM 31N TO 42N BETWEEN 178W AND 173E...WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 144W 992 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND FROM 37N TO 53N BETWEEN 127W AND 
143W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 134W 986 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 25 TO 37 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM S...AND 720 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 
26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 50N 123W 1004 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 51N E OF 139W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 11 TO 
20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 153W 1000 MB. FROM 40N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 143W AND 153W...AND WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 153W 998 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
QUADRANT...AND 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 
17 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N 164E 1006 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 179E 1004 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 
SE...240 NM NE...AND 300 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 59N W OF 167W...LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 58N 165W TO 60N 
179W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 119W AND 124W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N E OF 124W...WINDS LESS THAN 25 
KT SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 124W...WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 

.LOW 59N 145W 998 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE 
WITH LOW 53N 134W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 137W 1002 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
LOW 50N 144W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.FROM 35N TO 46N BETWEEN 161W AND 178W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 46N BETWEEN 156W AND 176W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 148W AND 180...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 33N 131W 1031 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY HIGH 38N 140W DESCRIBED BELOW.

.HIGH 33N 152W 1032 MB NEARLY STATIONARY...WILL DRIFT W AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 152W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 154W 1035 MB. 

.HIGH 40N 152W 1031 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 140W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU JAN 31
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI FEB 01
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT FEB 02

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 7N TO 22N W OF 118W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 
FT IN MIXED E AND NW SWELL. N OF 22N BETWEEN 113W AND 130W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 22N W OF 130W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 16N TO 20N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 
30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN MIXED E AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
7N TO 26N W OF 126W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 4N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 27N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT 9 
TO 14 FT N OF 27N.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 24N TO 28N NW WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 
12N99W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS TO 10 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1515 UTC THU JAN 31...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 2N78W 5N86W 4N110W 9N140W. 
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.