Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:24:48 -0600

351 
ATHW40 PHFO 300524
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC WED JAN 30 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 30 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW PARKED OVER MAUI COUNTY HAS REMAINED STATIONARY 
OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. THE UPPER LOW HAS CREATED AN UNSTABLE 
ATMOSPHERE AND TRADE WIND SHOWERS UNDERNEATH THE LOW ARE BEING 
ENHANCED INTO TOWERING CUMULUS /TCU/ AND ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS /CB/. 
THE TOPS OF THE CB/S ARE REACHING AS HIGH AS 30 THOUSAND FEET. THE 
TCU AND CB CLOUDS EXTEND FROM THE ISLANDS TO AS FAR NORTH AS 
24N...AND AS FAR WEST AS 152W. OVER THE ISLANDS...HEAVY SHOWERS ARE 
MOVING QUICKLY OVER THE SMALLER ISLANDS AND WINDWARD BIG ISLAND... 
MOVING TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST AT 30 MPH. ON THE BIG ISLAND...AFTERNOON 
TCU AND CB CLOUDS OVER THE LEEWARD ARE BEGINNING TO DISSIPATE AS THE 
SUN SETS AND THE ISLAND COOLS.

THE UPPER LOW IS EMBEDDED WITHIN A LARGER...NEARLY STATIONARY UPPER 
TROUGH EXTENDING ALONG 30N 143W... 20N 150W...AND 12N 170W. A 
SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM RUNNING ALONG THE SOUTHEAST FLANK OF THE 
UPPER TROUGH IS GENERATING A SHIELD OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS 275 MILES 
SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE CIRRUS SHIELD IS 700 MILES ACROSS 
AND RUNS FROM 10N 157W TO THE NORTHEAST OVER 20N 140W. 

ELSEWHERE...A FRONT HAS JUST PASSED SLOWLY OVER THE DATELINE WITH A 
CLOUD BAND THAT IS 500 MILES ACROSS AND EXTENDS NORTH NORTHEAST FROM 
20N 180 AND CONTINUES INTO THE MIDLATITUDES. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.