Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:02:19 -0600

064 
FZPN01 KWBC 240402
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 24 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 173E 970 MB MOVING N 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 55N 180 TO 48N 176W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 180 
NM N AND NE OF FRONT N OF 55N...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 36 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...AND 300 NM NE AND E 
OF FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 540 
NM SE SEMICIRCLE...AND 480 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST NW OF AREA 58N 176W 975 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 180 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 
40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NE...600 
NM SE...AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED. N OF 55N BETWEEN 158W AND 
171W...W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 176W 1004 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 48N 
176W TO LOW CENTER TO 30N 178W. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
37N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 
NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 166W 1018 MB. WITHIN 420 NM E OF A 
LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 58N 162W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
23 FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 138W 980 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 42N W OF 164E AREA OF S TO SE 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 43N 155E 968 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 45N 161E TO 43N 165E TO 30N 161E. WITHIN 180 
NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 44N...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT 
FROM 33N TO 44N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM NE AND 1140 NM SE QUADRANTS OVER FORECAST 
WATERS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 162E 963 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 54N 
170E TO 42N 176E TO 30N 171E. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 720 NM SE 
QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 46N...WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 57N 
176E TO 50N 174W TO 30N 177E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 
FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 142W 1010 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW OF A 
LINE FROM 60N 147W TO 51N 138W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. SECOND LOW 41N 126W 997 MB. 
WITHIN 900 NM SW AND 960 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 132W 1001 MB. WITHIN 900 NM SW AND 540 
NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N 170W 1009 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 30N 170W. WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE...540 NM NE 
QUADRANT...AND 540 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 
21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 170W 1014 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE AND 600 
NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 57N BETWEEN 180 AND THE W ALASKAN COAST LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 59N BETWEEN 178W AND 173W MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 44N AND 54N BETWEEN 172W AND 177W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 56N BETWEEN 154W AND 169W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 150W AND 170W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 44N BETWEEN 168E AND 165E DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 179E AND 171E DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 45N 155W MOVING SE 05 KT...TURNING S AFTER 24 HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N 152W 1039 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 152W 1037 MB.

.HIGH 36N 168E 1024 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N 180 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N 163W 1031 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 35N 172W 1024 MB.

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU JAN 24
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI JAN 25
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT JAN 26

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 22N TO 25N N WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS TO 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 16N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W 11N99W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT.

.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 
20 KT SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 8N TO 14N E OF 92W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN E SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 11N86W 8N93W NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 13N BETWEEN 113W AND 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 3N TO 13N BETWEEN 105W AND 120W SEAS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN W AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 11N BETWEEN 115W TO 122W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 27N BETWEEN 120W AND 123W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT. 
N OF 25N W OF 123W NLY WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 21N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 125W W TO NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N120W 20N126W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 20N126W TO 25N137W. N OF 26N W OF 
135W N WINDS 25 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
W OF FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. WITHIN 180 NM E 
OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 21N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 20N WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 
FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 19N BETWEEN 118W AND 125W NE TO E 
WIND 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 21N BETWEEN 116W TO 130W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC THU JAN 24...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...1N79W 4N87W 4N101W 8N130W 
7N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.