Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:27:20 -0600

485 
FQPS01 NFFN 231800    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE Jan 232000 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNING STORM WARNING 066 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 23/1923
UTC 2008 UTC.
DEPRESSION 11F [992HPA] CENTRE WAS ANALYSED NEAR 23.4S 167.5W AT
231800UTC AND IS MOVING SOUTH 14 KNOTS. POSITION FAIR. EXPECT
CLOCKWISE WINDS 40 TO 50 KNOTS IN THE SECTORS NORTHEAST THROUGH
SOUTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST BETWEEN 90 AND 150 NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM
THE CENTRE, WITH 35 TO 40 KNOTS UPTO 300 NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM THE
CENTRE. AREA OF STORM FORCE WINDS AND GALES MOVING WITH DEPRESSION.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 065.  

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 241800 UTC.

 DEPRESSION 11F [992HPA] CENTRE WAS ANALYSED NEAR 23.4S 167.5W AT
231800UTC AND IS MOVING SOUTH 14 KNOTS. POSITION FAIR. OUTSIDE STORM
WARNING AREA EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS ABOUT 300 TO 400
NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTRE IN THE NORTHEAST THROUGH
SOUTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST SECTORS. VERY ROUGH SEAS AND DAMAGING HEAVY 
SWELLS ABATING LATER TOMORROW.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 12S 160E 09S 170E 09S 175E 10S 175W 15S 167W 20S
164W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 180 MILES OF CZ1.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ2 04S 160E 05S 170E 10S 170W 15S 164W 20S 163W 23S
165W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISILIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORM
WITHIN 120 MILES OF CZ2. WITHIN 180 MILES OF CZ2 EXPECT NORTHWEST TO
NORTHEASTERLY WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS UPTO 30 KNOTS. ROUGH
SEAS. MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS 

WEAK TROUGH T1 15S 162E 17S 166E 15S 180 15S 172W 20S 167W TO 11F
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF T1.

STATIONARY FRONTAL SYSTEM SF1 FRM 11F TO 25S 165W 24S 160W 24S 155W
25S 151W. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF SF1.
  
SOUTH OF 15S BETWEEN 160W AND 130W EXPECT NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS. ROUGH SEAS.MODERATE EASTERLY SWELLS.

OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF EQUATOR AND NORTH OF 19S BETWEEN 170E AND
155W, MODERATE EASTERLY SWELLS.

SOUTH OF EQUATOR AND EAST OF 140W, MODERATE SOUTHWESTERLY SWELLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.