Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 22:45:11 -0600

907 
FZPN40 PHFO 150445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI FEB 15 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 15 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 16 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 17 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT THRU 30N 176W 23N 170E 20N 160E MOVING EAST 20 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT IN AREA NORTH OF 26N WEST OF 168W. SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG 
FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 169W 25N 180 22N 170E. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT IN AREA NORTH OF 28N BETWEEN 155W AND 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 160W 24N 180. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.DISSIPATING FRONT THRU 30N 152W 27N 158W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE THRU 30N 157W 24N 170W 18N 165E MOVING SOUTHEAST SLOWLY AND 
ERODING FROM THE WEST.

.RIDGE THRU 30N 145W 25N 158W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.SEAS 15 TO 17 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 145W 22N 150W 22N 163W 30N 
163W 30N 145W. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 
140W 15N 140W 08N 160W 08N 170E 25N 160E 30N 160E 30N 140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 18 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 175E 25N 
160E 30N 160E 30N 175E. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED 
BY 30N 140W 10N 140W 05N 160W 05N 175E 18N 160E 30N 160E 30N 140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN AREA NORTH OF 10N EAST OF 
150W. ALSO SEAS 10 TO 16 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 155W 20N 180 10N 
160E 30N 160E 30N 155W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 9 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ THRU 09N 140W 06N 160W 05N 180 04N 160E. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.