Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:45:08 -0600

881 
FZPN40 PHFO 192245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT JAN 19 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 19 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 20 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 21 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
COLD FRONT 30N 167E 26N 160E MOVING E 40 KT. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
IN AREA NW OF A LINE 30N 175E 26N 160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 177W 21N 172E. ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DECREASING TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT 30N 171W 26N 177W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 166W 26N 171W 24N 176W THENCE SHEAR LINE THROUGH 
21N 171E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT AND SHEAR LINE MOVING SE SLOWLY. 
ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN FRONT AND 159W N OF 27N.

HIGH 1017MB NEAR 29N 178W MOVING ENE 30 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH THROUGH 
25N 165E AND THROUGH 30N 173W MOVING E 10 KT.

RIDGE 30N 152W 23N 173W MOVING N 10 KT AND ERODING FROM THE WEST.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 160E 29N 162E 30N 169E 
27N 173E 25N 179E 30N 168W. ELSEWHERE...SEAS MOSTLY 7 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 26N 160E 
24N 165E 29N 179W 23N 176W 30N 163W. ELSEWHERE...SEAS MOSTLY 7 TO 
12 FT
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 06N 160E 
11N 162E 10N 170E 04N 180 04N 175W 15N 148W. SEAS 9 FT OR LESS 
ELSEWHERE.

SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA W OF 164E S OF 08S.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 13N TO 18N BETWEEN 154W AND 144W...AND 
N OF 27N BETWEEN 149W AND 147W. ALSO WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 08N 174E.

ITCZ 07N 140W 03N 159W 04N 172W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM N OF 
ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.