Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:45:11 -0600

919 
FZPN40 PHFO 312245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU JAN 31 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 31 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 01 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 02 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT NW OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT IN AREA N OF 29N AND W OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST NW OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF 28N AND W OF 176E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N179E 22N170E THENCE SHEAR LINE 
THROUGH 21N160E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT 
IN AREA N OF 27N W OF 177E. 

.TROUGH THRU 14N140W 06N146W MOVING W 10 KT. NE TO E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM NW OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH N OF 10N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH THRU 15N142W 08N146W. NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM NW OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS. 

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 18N TO 07N BETWEEN 150W AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 26N TO 10N IN AREA 
E OF 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 26 TO 10N IN AREA E OF 
160W.

.RIDGE THRU 30N167W 27N180 24N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE THRU 30N140W 20N170E 
10N170E EQ180 EQ160W 07N140W 30N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE THRU 
30N155W 20N175E 10N168E EQ176E EQ170W 09N140W 30N140W 30N 155W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE THRU 
30N170W 13N160E EQ180 07N140W 30N140W 30N170W. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ...08N140W 06N160W 06N174W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 
NM OF ITCZ. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.