Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 16:18:32 -0600

631 
FZPN01 KWBC 042218
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 04 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW NEAR 47N 131W 961 MB WILL MOVE NE 20 KT WITH FRONT 
FROM 50N 133W TO 47N 127W TO 40N 127W TO 35N 129W. BETWEEN 180 
NM AND 420 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 28 TO 42 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM W AND S QUADRANTS AND 120 NM E OF FRONT 
N OF 40N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 720 
NM S AND 660 NM W QUADRANTS AND 180 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 135W 974 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY FORECAST 
LOW 55N 139W MENTIONED BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 48N 154E 994 MB W OF AREA WILL MOVE NE 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM 
S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 162E 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE
WITHIN 600 NM S AND 420 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
11 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 56N 164E 973 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM E AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 
KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 E AND S QUADRANTS... 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 178E 995 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 166W 969 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 240 
NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 480 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 163E 991 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM SW AND 240 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 
TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 149W 975 MB MOVING S 10 KT WILL TURN MORE E IN 18 
HOURS. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 420 W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 143W 974 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM TO 720 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 139W 982 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S AND 420 W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 176E 998 MB MOVE E 25 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 300 NM 
NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 169W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 58N 159W TO 58N 170W TO 60N 179W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 155W TO 57N 164W TO 61N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 158W TO 61N 
168W...LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.N OF 59N W OF THE ALASKAN COAST...N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 150W AND 168W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 176E 1018 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI JAN 04
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT JAN 05
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN JAN 06

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 10N100W N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W 8N90W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 4N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 
115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 16N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W E TO SE WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 5N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 110W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 16 FT 
IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W 
E TO SE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN MERGING NW AND NE 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...WITHIN 90 NM LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
FROM 6N TO 11N BETWEEN 93W AND 115W NE TO E WINDS 2O TO 25 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
MERGING NE AND E SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 11N97W 10N112W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
10 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN MERGING NW AND E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
FROM 8N TO 12N BETWEEN 105W AND 120W E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 12 
FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 13N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
MIXED NW AND E SWELL. 

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 6N E OF 93W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 8N E OF 93W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 93W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT.

.N OF 4N BETWEEN 78W TO 84W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 6N FROM 79W TO 81W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 15N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
MERGING NW AND E SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 15N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. FROM EQ TO 7N W OF 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. S OF 8N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N AND NE SWELL.

.N OF 28N W OF 122W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 15N TO 28 N WEST OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 30N121W 24N134W. N OF 24 WEST OF TROUGH 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 15N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC FRI JAN 4...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...2N79W 4N86W 4N100W 3N106W 
8N117W 7N130W 7N140W. SCATTERED STRONG FROM 7N TO 9N BETWEEN 
131W AND 133W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN
A 15 NM RADIUS OF 7N129.5W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 8N TO 10N
BETWEEN 126W AND 127W. 

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER GR
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.