Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:44:05 -0600

838 
ATHW40 PHFO 121844
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT JAN 12 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 12 2008

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AT 8 AM HST...KAUAI AND NIIHAU ARE 
CLEAR. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER SOUTHEASTERN OAHU...AND EXTEND 45 
MILES OFFSHORE TO THE WEST SOUTHWEST. LANAI AND MOST OF MOLOKAI ARE 
CLEAR...WITH ONLY A NARROW PATCH OF LOW CLOUDS OVER THE FAR EASTERN 
EDGE BETWEEN HALAWA AND PUKOO. ON MAUI...THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS ARE 
MOSTLY CLEAR...WITH BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW AND MID LEVEL CLOUDS OVER 
THE CENTRAL VALLEY. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER EASTERN SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA FROM HUELO TO HANA TO ULUPALAKUA. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND IN A 
NARROW BAND OFFSHORE 40 MILES TO THE SOUTHWEST. ON THE BIG ISLAND... 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER SOUTH HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS...AND SOUTHERN 
KAU DISTRICT FROM PAHALA TO SOUTH POINT. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND 
OFFSHORE 80 MILES TO THE SOUTHWEST OF SOUTH POINT. 

UPSTREAM FROM THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...AREAS OF BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE WEST AT 20 MPH. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND 
EASTWARD FROM THE BIG ISLAND...GENERALLY SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 21N 
155W THROUGH 30N 140W. CLOUD ELEMENTS ARE PRIMARILY OPEN CELL 
CUMULUS CLOUDS...AND TRANSITION TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS AND CLOSED 
CELL CUMULUS CLOUDS NEAR 140W. 

THE LEADING EDGE OF OF A CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A COLD FRONT 
EXTENDS FROM 30N 150W TO 19N 180...OR FROM 800 MILES NORTHEAST OF 
HONOLULU TO 600 MILES SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. BETWEEN 150W 
AND 160W...THE CLOUD BAND IS COMPOSED OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS 
EXTENDING THROUGH 30000 FT. BETWEEN 160W AND 180...THE CLOUD BAND 
IS COMPOSED OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS AND TOWERING CUMULUS 
CLOUDS WITH TOPS UP TO 18000 FT. THE FRONTAL BAND IS UP TO 200 MILES 
WIDE...AND IS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 20 MPH. BEHIND THE MAIN 
FRONTAL BAND...BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE MOVING 
SOUTHEASTWARD AT 40 MPH. 

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.