Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 03:44:27 -0600

154 
FZPN01 KWBC 060944
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FEB 06 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 08. 

.WARNINGS.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 41N AND W OF 164E AREA OF S WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 38N 157E 988 MB. 
WITHIN 300 NM NE AND 480 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 167E 953 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 42N 173E TO 37N 174E TO 32N 169E. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 
SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
540 NM S...420 NM W...AND 300 NM N QUADRANTS...AND 240 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 36N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM S AND W QUADRANTS AND 360 NM N AND E OF FRONT... 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.   

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 51N 172W 970 MB MOVING E 25 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 43 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM OF CENTER... 
EXCEPT 1160 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 15 TO 30 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 156W 995 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 17 TO 34 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.   

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 35N 170E 1003 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 180 
NM N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 175W 998 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 300 NM 
W QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 170W 993 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 43N BETWEEN 158W AND 179E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 157W 979 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 780 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 540 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 144W 985 MB. WITHIN 840 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 135W 982 MB. WITHIN 900 NM S AND 420 
NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 52N 122W 994 MB. WITHIN 480 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N 177W 986 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 176W 986 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM OF CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 170W 993 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 480 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 25 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 161W TO 57N 171W TO 60N 180 AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW INLAND 55N 124W 992 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 720 NM SW AND 
600 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 55N 135W. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 54N 162E 998 MB. WITHIN 360 NM 
S QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 35N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 39N TO 49N BETWEEN 145W AND 156W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 45N BETWEEN 126W AND 132W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 49N BETWEEN 136W AND 153W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 35N 137W 1034 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 135W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 36N 176W 1018 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 176E 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 173W 1027 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 170E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED FEB 06
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU FEB 07
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI FEB 08

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 7N TO 28N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 29N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. N OF 25N E OF 115W N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 
FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. S OF 7N W OF 130W E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 23N110W TO EQUATOR AT 122W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 28N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. N OF 28N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 9N W OF 130W E 
WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N117W 13N110W TO 
EQUATOR AT 127N WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.N OF 21N E OF 110W AND GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 29N NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 22N E OF 110W AND GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 
29N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC WED FEB 06...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 10N100W 12N115W 7N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 11N TO 15N BETWEEN 115W AND 121W.

$$
FORECASTER LL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.