Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:02:40 -0600

827 
FZPN01 KWBC 200402
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 20 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 36N 175E 988 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS S OF 38N AND W OF 179W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 173W 970 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 
NM S AND SE SEMICIRCLES AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER... 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 780 NM S...480 
NM E...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM OF CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 167W 976 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM SE AND 360 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 
TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 61N 178W 966 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM OF CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS N OF AREA. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N 161E 1004 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
FROM 35N TO 41N W OF 164E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 170E 989 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM NE AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS...240 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 166W 988 MB MOVING N 20 KT WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 58N 161W TO 47N 157W TO 36N 159W. WITHIN 420 NM E 
QUADRANT... WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N 172W 993 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 240 NM 
W AND E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 169W 1004 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY FORECAST LOW 55N 167W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 163E 1001 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.BETWEEN 43N AND 51N FROM 127W TO 135W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST BETWEEN 37N AND 51N FROM 124W AND 134W...WINDS 
TO 25 KT SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N 124W 1014 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N 152W 1018 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N 149W 1020 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 41N TO 57N BETWEEN 146W AND 159W...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 58N BETWEEN 144W AND 150W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 47N TO 58N BETWEEN 143W AND 150W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 

.HIGH 52N 141W 1034 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 41N 139W 1035 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 33N 167W 1019 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 154W 1028 MB 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 152W 1028 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 164E 1023 MB 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 171W 1030 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 51N 136W 1037 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN JAN 20
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON JAN 21
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE JAN 22

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST N WINDS 30 TO 45 KT 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.6 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W INCLUDING THE
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS BUILDING 12 
TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N98W NE WINDS 
30 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N97W NE WINDS 30 
TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 12N TO 21N W OF 118W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 10 W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 9N W OF 121W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 6N TO 24N W OF 120W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST 10N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 92W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 29N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.6 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 10N TO 15N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 99W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 9N TO 15N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 100W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 150 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W 11N98W 9N105W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM OF LINE 16N95W 11N97W 8N108W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC SUN JAN 20...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 7N78W 8N87W 4N94W 9N130W 
8N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.