Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:22:15 -0600

583 
FZPN01 KWBC 092222
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FEB 09 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 34N 158E 996 MB. WITHIN 420 
NM E QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 166E 980 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM W AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 19 TO 24
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 176E 968 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM E AND W QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 
24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM S AND 360 NM N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 50N 174E 962 MB MOVING E 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 22 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM SW AND 540 NM W AND N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
17 TO 29 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 178E 970 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
1080 NM S AND 720 NM W AND 480 NM N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 175W 983 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 147W 975 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 56N 
147W TO 55N 139W TO 46N 136W. WITHIN 180 NM N OF FRONT...WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM S AND 300 
NM W QUADRANTS AND 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 143W 981 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS INLAND. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 38N 177W 985 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM W AND 540 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 173W 980 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 19 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 160W 972 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM S AND 720 NM E AND 540 NM W AND 240 NM N 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 144W 984 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 960 NM E AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 159W 979 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 18 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 149W 990 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SW AND SE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 
TO 23 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 175E 985 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 57N 170W TO 57N 
166W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 31N TO 39N BETWEEN 122W AND 126W AREA OF N WINDS TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 41N TO 53N E OF 145W AREA OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 158W AND 164W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 52N 138W TO 
46N 142W TO 41N 152W AREA OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING 
VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 37N 132W 1026 MB DRIFTING W 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH FORECAST HIGH 38N 134W. 

.HIGH 36N 147W 1022 MB MOVING NE 45 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 134W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 132W 1027 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 176E 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT FEB 09
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN FEB 10
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON FEB 11

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. N OF 25N BETWEEN 123W AND 132W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF A 30N118W 20N126W 10N118W 
1N140W LINE WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL 
EXCEPT NE SWELL S OF 12N W OF 120W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 122W AND ALSO N OF 20N W 
OF 125W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF A 30N117W 15N115W 1N140W LINE WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT NE SWELL S OF 10N W OF 
125W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 21N W OF 124W AND ALSO W OF A 
30N125W 21N130W LINE NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF A 30N119W 20N112W 10N112W 3N140W LINE 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 120 NM OF THE COAST 
N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2045 UTC SAT FEB 09...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N78W 2N92W 7N110W 9N125W 
9N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF A 8N130W 9N140W LINE.

$$
FORECASTER CAB
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.