Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:48:56 -0600

599 
FZPN01 KWBC 120348
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FEB 12 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 40N 179E 953 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM E AND BETWEEN 420 NM 
AND 600 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NE...720 NM SE...480 NM SW...AND 240 NM 
NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
420 NM NE...900 NM SE...1020 NM SW...AND 960 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 170E 950 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 50N 
171W TO 50N 162W TO 47N 156W TO 30N 165W. WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 48 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 600 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM N 
AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
720 NM NE...1080 NM SE...900 NM SW...AND 600 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 160W 965 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 26 TO 42 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM NE...1020 NM SE...960 NM SW...AND 660 NM 
NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 34 FT WITH HIGHEST 
SEAS S OF LOW CENTER.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 144W 980 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM NE...AND 600 
NM SE AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 141W 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 58N 132W 994 MB. WITHIN 660 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF A LINE FROM 44N 162E TO 30N 165E AREA OF 
SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 162E 988 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 167E 979 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER 
EXCEPT TO 540 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 
FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 53N 166E TO 46N 175E TO 30N 
177W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 157W 984 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE 
WITH LOW 58N 132W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 179E 985 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. N OF 52N AND W OF 
175W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 32N TO 39N BETWEEN 121W AND 126W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 127W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 120W AND 128W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 56N 170W TO 56N 163W MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 55N AND W OF 163W LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 178E TO 56N 172W TO 56N 
163W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.  

.FROM 45N TO 53N BETWEEN 133W AND 140W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 150W AND 159W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 58N BETWEEN 135W AND 146W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 41N 129W 1028 MB MOVING W 15 KT...TURNING E AFTER 24 HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 138W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 133W 1032 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 169E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 170W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE FEB 12
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED FEB 13
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU FEB 14

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO 
...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 6N E OF 80W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 17N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 FT WITH  
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 7N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N W OF 125W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 7N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N120W 10N130W 5N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC TUE FEB 12...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N77W 4N105W 5N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF 10N125W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF 10.5N136W.

$$
FORECASTER LL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.