Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 23:29:44 -0600

347 
ATHW40 PHFO 020529
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SAT FEB 02 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC FEBRUARY 02 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS CONTINUES 
TO BRING UPPER LEVEL CLOUDS TO THE ISLANDS FROM OAHU EASTWARD THIS 
EVENING. THE UPPER LOW IS LOCATED NEAR 27.3N 145.4W...ABOUT 890 
MILES NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU. THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN WEAKENING AS IT 
MOVES TO THE EAST AWAY FROM THE STATE. THE HIGH CLOUDS MOVING OVER 
THE ISLANDS ARE THICKEST SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND... 
HOWEVER THE CLOUDS OVER OAHU...MOLOKAI...LANAI...KAHOOLAWE...MAUI 
AND THE BIG ISLAND ARE THICK ENOUGH TO BE OBSCURING LOWER CLOUDS.

THESE HIGH CLOUDS EXTEND MORE THAN 2000 MILES TO THE SOUTHWEST FROM 
THE UPPER LOW. THE HIGH CLOUDS EXTEND AS FAR EAST AS 143W AND AS FAR 
WEST AS 170W. THE HIGH CLOUDS SOUTH OF 10N MERGE WITH LOWER CLOUDS 
IN THE ITCZ.

LOWER CLOUDS NEAR THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING IN A TRADE WIND PATTERN 
FROM THE EAST AROUND 25 MPH. THE LOW CLOUDS ARE PLENTIFUL OVER THE 
EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI THIS EVENING. 

$$

MBALLARD

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.