Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:45:06 -0600

919 
FZPN40 PHFO 111645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI JAN 11 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 11 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 12 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 13 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

DISSIPATING FRONT THRU 30N 150W 24N 160W 22N 170W MOVING E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

COLD FRONT THRU 30N 171W 26N 177W 26N 180 24N 170E MOVING E 35 KT. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 170W AND 175E. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
WITHIN 180 NM N AND W OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 157W 25N 165W 22N 175W.
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 152W AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 149W 24N 153W 21N 158W.
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 149W AND 163W.

RIDGE THRU 28N 140W 25N 155W...CONTINUING THRU 24N 160W 
24N 180...NEARLY STATIONARY.

NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 24N AND 07N W OF 180.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 22N AND 07N W OF 
170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 22N AND 07N FROM 
159W TO 175E.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 15N AND 07N FROM 150W TO 165W.
.12 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 12 TO 15 FT BETWEEN 19N AND 03N FROM 148W TO 175W...ALSO N OF 
17N E OF 155W...AND ELSEWHERE N OF 27N BETWEEN 177W TO 170E.
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT OVER REST OF AREA EXCEPT BETWEEN 22N AND 16N W OF 
177E AND S OF 04N W OF 180.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 20 TO 28 FT N OF A LINE 30N 167W 27N 176W 
30N 178W. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N 157W 24N 180 
30N 170E. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 22N 160E 12N 148W EQ 
147W EQ 173W 06N 180 09N 167E 05N 160E. REST OF AREA SEAS 9 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 20 TO 26 FT N OF A LINE 30N 155W 26N 160W 
24N 167W 30N 167W. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N 148W 
14N 180 30N 179W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT EXCEPT 9 FT OR LESS BETWEEN 
29N AND 25N W OF 167E.

ITCZ...07N 150W 07N 170W 05N 160E.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.