Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 20:33:48 -0600

827 
ATPQ40 PGUM 030233
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST THU JAN 3 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD TO NEAR MINAMI TORI SHIMA AT 
25N155E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH MAUG ISLAND AT 
20N145E TO 11N130E AND BEYOND. WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN 
ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 4N130E TO 
NEAR EQ150E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
OCCURRING SOUTH OF KOROR...OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 6N130E TO 3N148E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS ACROSS 
POHNPEI...KOSRAE...KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO IN A LARGE AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM EQ167E TO 8N155E TO 10N180 TO 5N180 BACK TO 
EQ167E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.