Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:02:51 -0600

972 
FZPN01 KWBC 231602
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 23 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 48N 176E 978 MB MOVING N 20 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER TO 42N 179E TO 33N 178E. WITHIN 
360 NM NE QUADRANT AND 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 42N...WINDS 50 TO 
60 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM N...NE...AND SW 
QUADRANTS... AND 360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 37N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT 
SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM OF CENTER AND 600 NM E 
OF FRONT... WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 175E 969 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 70 KT SEAS 21 TO 33 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 174E 965 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 
NM SE QUADRANT AND OVER ICE FREE WATERS NE OF A LINE FROM 58N 
178E TO 57N 162W...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM S AND E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 174W 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.  

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 42N AND W OF 165E...S TO SE WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N AND W OF 
168E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 159E 961 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 49N 
160E TO 48N 169E TO 42N 170E TO 31N 165E. WITHIN 540 NM S 
QUADRANT AND 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 34N...WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT SEAS 20 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM E AND 840 NM S 
QUADRANTS AND 480 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 59N 150W 1014 MB MOVING E 20 KT AND WILL RE-FORM TO THE SE. 
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 
TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 130W 1003 MB. WITHIN 720 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 126W 996 MB. WITHIN 780 NM W 
QUADRANT...WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 48N BETWEEN 120W AND 145W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 
18 FT. 
...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 32N 178E 1006 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 172W 1009 MB. WITHIN 720 NM NE...540 
NM SE...AND 300 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 
26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 151W 993 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...EXCEPT 720 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 173W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 169W 1016 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E AND 240 
NM W SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 57N 162W 
TO 60N 180 MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 36N 124W 1013 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 720 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 125W 1010 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 840 
NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 39N 126W. 

.FROM 41N AND 48N BETWEEN 174W AND 178E...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N AND 52N BETWEEN 163W AND 172W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 58N 150W TO 
51N 157W TO 44N 168W...AND ALSO FROM 43N TO 47N BETWEEN 172E AND 
168E...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY 
BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 46N 156W 1043 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N 152W 1043 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N 151W 1040 MB.  

.HIGH 57N 172W 1037 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED INLAND. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 174E 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N 172W 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED JAN 23
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU JAN 24
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI JAN 25

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.SW OF A LINE FROM 11N106W TO 17N121W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MOSTLY W SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 128W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 25N W OF 127W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 24N W OF 127W NE WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 14N TO 22N AND FROM 1115N 
TO 127W WINDS ENE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.N OF 28N W OF 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N W OF 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N W OF 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC WED JAN 23...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 3N79W 7N110W 7N125W 10N134W
8N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER KIMBERLAIN/SANDOVAL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.