Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:04:08 -0600

428 
FZPN01 KWBC 232204
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 23 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 52N 175E 972 MB MOVING N 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 47N 179W TO 33N 178W. WITHIN 300 NM N AND 360 NM NE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 
NM S...360 NM N...AND 480 NM NE QUADRANTS...AND 300 NM NE AND E 
OF FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM S...600 NM N...AND 480 NM W QUADRANTS...AND 600 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 175E 967 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
ICE FREE WATERS WITHIN 600 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 172W 1001 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE...300 
NM SW...AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 
30 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 33N 179W 1007 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM 
E AND NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM W AND 660 NM E 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 170W 1014 MB. WITHIN 600 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 144W 984 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM SE AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 
18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 42N AND W OF 164E...S TO SE WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 42N 156E 971 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 39N 162E TO 34N 158E. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E 
OF FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM NE AND 900 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 
18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 45N 161E 966 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 50N 163E 967 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 52N 169E 
TO 44N 172E TO 33N 167E. WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT OF MAIN 
CENTER...300 NM N AND W OF SECOND CENTER...AND 240 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 38 FT...HIGHEST SEAS S OF 
MAIN CENTER. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM S AND 540 NM NE QUADRANTS 
OF MAIN CENTER...AND 480 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 59N 145W 1012 MB MOVING E 20 KT. BETWEEN 90 NM AND 300 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
44N 126W DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N 126W 1002 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 
600 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 129W 1000 MB. WITHIN 540 NM W 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM N AND 840 NM W...AND BETWEEN 300 NM AND 600 NM SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 171W 1010 MB. WITHIN 360 NM OF 
CENTER...EXCEPT 600 NM E QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 168W 1016 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E AND 300 
NM W SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 57N 162W 
TO 60N 180 MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 36N 124W 1015 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 720 
NM W QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 44N 126W.

.WITHIN 360 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 38N 165W TO 32N 158W TO 30N 
151W AREA OF E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 148W AND 160W AREA OF 
E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 147W AND 163W AREA OF 
E WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 36N AND 51N BETWEEN 172W AND 178W...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 55N BETWEEN 161W AND 169W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 50N 152W TO 
45N 169W...AND ALSO FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 175E AND 170E...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 45N 155W 1044 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N 152W 1042 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 152W 1039 MB. 

.HIGH 60N 164W 1040 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED INLAND. 

.HIGH 37N 164E 1020 MB MOVING E 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 177E 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N 166W 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED JAN 23
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU JAN 24
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI JAN 25

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS TO 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 26N NW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.SW OF A LINE FROM 7N100W TO 17N121W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MOSTLY SW TO W SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 127W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 24N W OF 127W AND FROM 15N TO 21N 
BETWEEN
117W AND 127W NE TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 23N BETWEEN 113W AND 124W E TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. FROM 8N TO 23N W OF 124W NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 

.NW OF A LINE FROM 31N123W TO 23N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEASON 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N AND W OF 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N128W TO 25N138W. N OF 26N W OF 
FRONT WINDS W TO NW 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. N 
OF 26N AND E OF FRONT TO 121W WINDS W TO SW 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC WED JAN 23...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N79W 4N100W 7N110W 7N125W 
10N135W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90NM EITHER SIDE OF 
AXIS FROM 115W TO 119W. 

$$
FORECASTER KIMBERLAIN/SANDOVAL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.