Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 14:26:15 -0600

087 
FQPS01 NFFN 021800    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE Feb 022000 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNING STORM WARNING 008 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Feb 02/1934
UTC 2008 UTC.
TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [975HPA] CATEGORY 2 WAS LOCATED NEAR 22
DECIMAL 8 SOUTH 171 DECIMAL 5 EAST AT 021800 UTC. POSITION POOR.
REPEAT POSITION 22.8 SOUTH 171.5 EAST AT 021800 UTC. CYCLONE MOVING
SOUTH-SOUTHEAST ABOUT 05 KNOTS AND EXPECTED TO ACCELERATE SLIGHTLY.
CYCLONE WEAKENING.

EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 55 KNOTS CLOSE THE CENTRE DECREASING TO 35
KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 TO 18 HOURS. EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN
50 MILES OF CENTRE. EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 240 MILES OF
CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMICIRCLE                        AND WITHIN
120 MILES OF CENTRE ELSEWHERE.
 
FORECAST POSITION NEAR 24.2S 171.7E AT 030600 UTC             
              AND NEAR 25.5S 172.3E AT 031800 UTC.

ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI AND TCWC WELLINGTON. VOS
REPORTING SHIPS USE NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679
6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 007.   

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Feb 031800 UTC.

 TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE [975HPA] CENTRE WAS LOCATED NEAR 22.8S 171.5E.

OUTSIDE WARNING AREA: EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 25 TO 30 KNOTS WITHIN
300 MILES OF TC CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI CIRCLE AND WITHIN 150
MILES ELSEWHERE, WITH ROUGH SEAS AND MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELL.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 10S 160E 11S 165E 15S 175E 20S 177E TO TC GENE
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
200 MILES OF CZ1 AND TC. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS WITH GUSTS UPTO 30 KNOTS WITHIN 120 MILES OF CZ1. ROUGH SEAS.

TROUGH T1 14S 165E 16S 170E 20S 172E TO TC GENE SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
080 MILES IN AREA NORTH OF 15S AND IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 120 MILES ELSEWHERE.

TROUGH T2 FROM TC GENE TO 25S 175E 25S 179W 25S 170W SLOW MOVING.
POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 180 MILES OF
T2.

TROUGH T3 11S 160W 11S 150W 13S 140W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN
OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND SQUALLY THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES OF T3.

STATIONARY FRONT SF 23S 159W 23S 143W 25S 128W. POOR VISIBILITY IN
OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND SQUALLY THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES OF SF.

SOUTH OF 20S WEST OF 165E, SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS AND UPTO 25
KNOTS AT TIMES. ROUGH SEAS, MODERATE SWELLS. 

SOUTH OF 20S AND EAST OF CZ1, EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS
AND UPTO 25 KNOTS AT TIMES, BECOMING EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS EAST OF 160W. ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE SOUTHERLY SWELLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.