Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:16:47 -0600

505 
ATPQ40 PGUM 100316
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST THU JAN 10 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES FROM 5N130E TO A CIRCULATION 
SOUTH OF PALAU NEAR 6N134E TO EQ147E. LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROUGH AND CIRCUALTION COMBINED WITH UPPER-LEVEL 
DIVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 5N AND 12N FROM 130E TO 138E AND 100 MILES 
NORTH AND SOUTH OF A LINE THAT STRETCHES FROM 7N139E TO 1N148E. THIS 
AREA COVERS PALAU AND PORTIONS OF YAP STATE.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS ACROSS KOSRAE 
AND PORTIONS OF THE MARSHALL ISLANDS BETWEEN 3N AND 7N FROM 162E TO 
170E AND WITH 100 MILES OF A LINE THAT STRETCHED FROM 15N170E TO 
8N180.

A SHEAR LINE SNAKES ACROSS THE WESTERN PACIFIC FROM 20N180 TO 
15N170E TO 17N155E TO 20N142E TO 18N138E. CLOUDINESS...PATCHY LIGHT 
RAIN AND EMBEDDED SHOWER ACTIVITY ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 200 
MILES NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.