Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:15:24 -0600

285 
FZPN01 KWBC 191615
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 19 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 163W 972 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
44N 161W TO 41N 159W TO 37N 162W TO 34N 165W. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS AND 180 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 154W 963 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 19 TO 32 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 147W 966 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
49N 140W TO 41N 139W TO 33N 146W TO 30N 154W. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 19 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT AND 120 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 
41N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 NM S 
AND 480 NM W QUADRANTS AND 300 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 150W 968 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 59N 
148W TO 54N 135W. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT AND WITHIN 120 NM N 
OF FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM S AND 780 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 43N 140W 990 MB MOVING E 30 KT WILL TURN MORE NE 12 HOURS. 
WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM S AND 480 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 128W 1004 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25  KT SEAS TO 14 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 54N 148W 970 MB MOVING NW 30 KT. WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM 
SE... 480 NM N AND NE...AND 240 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
FORECAST LOW 50N 147W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 38N 158E 1000 MB. WITHIN 
300 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 161E 988 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 19 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM S AND 480 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
12 TO 17 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 57N AND W OF 174W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. .24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 58N AND W OF 177W AREA OF MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 57N AND W OF 173W AREA OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 54N 172W 972 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 540 NM W AND NW 
AND 300 NM NE QUADRANTS ...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 162W 986 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SW AND 660 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
FORECAST LOW 57N 150W ABOVE. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 40N TO 50N W OF 164E NW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 169E AND 180 NW WINDS 
TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 140W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 15 TO 18 FT. 

.FROM 50N TO 58N BETWEEN 135W AND 150W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.30 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 171E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 180 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE FEB 19
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED FEB 20
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU FEB 21

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 8N TO 15N W OF 130W NE WIND TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT WITH NW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.S OF 16N FROM 130W TO 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.NW OF LINE 30N133W 24N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N126W 19N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W OF 130W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 
FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N118W 15N130W 
15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WIND 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC TUE FEB 19.
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...1N79W 5N105W 6N120W 6N140W.   
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS 
FROM 125W TO 135W.

$$
FORECASTER LL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.