Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 20:02:55 -0600

131 
ATPQ40 PGUM 040202
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST FRI JAN 4 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM EAST OF MINAMI TORI SHIMA 
NEAR 25N160E THROUGH GUGUAN AT 17N146E TO 10N130E AND BEYOND. 
WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 250 
MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY BETWEEN 15N140E AND 25N160E.

EXTENSIVE LOW CLOUD COVER AND PATCHY RAIN ARE ALSO FOUND WELL 
NORTHWEST OF THE MARIANAS IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 18N135E 
T0 18N130E TO 23N130E TO 24N153E BACK TO 18N135E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS IN A LARGE AREA WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N160E 
TO 8N170E TO 12N180. THIS AREA INCLUDES KOSRAE...MAJURO AND 
KWAJALEIN AND LIES JUST EAST OF POHNPEI.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.