Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 04:42:08 -0600

465 
FZPN40 PHFO 011042
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI FEB 01 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 01 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 02 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 03 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT THRU 30N162E 29N160E MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT IN AREA NW OF FRONT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 01 2008 FRONT THRU 30N165E 
28N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE THRU 
30N178E 27N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N170E 26N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 179E AND 171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT THRU 30N179W 25N172E THENCE SHEAR 
LINE THRU 21N160E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. ASSOCIATED 
SEAS DIMINISHED TO 9 FT OR LESS. 

.TROUGH THRU 09N150W 13N145W 16N140W MOVING NW SLOWLY. NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 210 NM NW OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 12N TO 17N IN AREA E OF 145W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS. 

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 19N TO 28N BETWEEN 146W AND 164W... 
AND FROM 07N TO 15N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 29N IN AREA 
E OF 165W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 29N IN AREA E OF 
160W.

.RIDGE THRU 30N168W 26N180 22N160E NEARLY STATIONARY BUT SLOWLY 
ERODING FROM THE WEST.

.SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 06N E OF 165W. ALSO SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
IN AREA S OF 22N BETWEEN 165W AND 168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA NE OF A LINE THRU 30N177W 
20N170W 13N156W 07N140W. ALSO SEAS 9 TO 11 FT FROM 05N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 173W AND 167E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA NE OF A LINE THRU 30N170W 
19N170W 03N140W. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ...08N140W 08N160W 05N178W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N 
TO 12N BETWEEN 148W AND 163W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 09N TO 
16N BETWEEN 163W AND 169W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 12N150W. 

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 20N TO 24N BETWEEN 151W AND 146W. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.