Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 06:30:11 -0600

808 
ATHW40 PHFO 141230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC MON JAN 14 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 14 2008

A 125 MILE WIDE CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A COLD FRONT HAS MOVED 
BEYOND THE BIG ISLAND TO THE SOUTHEAST. THE BAND EXTENDS NORTHEAST 
TO 26N 145W AND CONTINUES TO THE NORTHEAST WITH THE WIDTH EXPANDING 
TO 250 MILES BY 30N. THE CLOUD BAND ALSO CONTINUES WEST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND DECREASING IN WIDTH TO 50 MILES AS IT EXTENDS BACK TOWARDS 
THE DATELINE. FROM THE BIG ISLAND TO 26N...THE BAND IS COMPRISED OF 
OVERCAST CUMULUS /CU/ AND STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED 
TOWERING CUMULUS. FROM 25N TO 30N...THE BAND IS COMPOSED OF LAYERED 
OVERCAST CLOUDS WITH SCATTERED EMBEDDED CUMULONIMBUS /CB/. BEHIND 
THE FRONT TO THE NORTH AND NORTHWEST AS FAR WEST AS 165W...SCATTERED 
TO OVERCAST LOW SC ARE RACING SOUTH AT 30 TO 40 MPH. WEST OF 
165W...LOW BROKEN SC ARE MOVING WEST AT 15 TO 25 MPH.

SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS...A STRONG SUBTROPICAL JET IS PRODUCING AN 
AREA OF BROKEN CIRRUS WITHIN 10N 20N AND 155W 170W. THE CIRRUS IS 
MOVING ALONG WITH THE JET TOWARD THE EAST AT 50 TO 70 MPH.

BETWEEN 10N AND 20N...LOW SCATTERED TO BROKEN SC ARE MOVING WEST TO 
SOUTHWEST AT 20 TO 30 MPH.

OVER THE ISLANDS...SKIES ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN WITH LOW SC OVER 
THE WINDWARD SMALLER ISLANDS WITH SOUTHERN LEEWARD LOCATION BEING 
THE CLEAREST WITH FEW TO SCATTERED SC. OVER THE BIG ISLAND NORTHERN 
WINDWARD AREAS REMAIN CLOUDY WITH BROKEN SC. CIRRUS MOVING ALONG 
WITH THE AFOREMENTIONED SUBTROPICAL JET ARE COVERING MUCH OF THE BIG 
ISLAND AND AT CURRENT SPEEDS WILL REACH THE SMALLER ISLANDS BY EARLY 
THIS MORNING.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.