Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:45:08 -0600

488 
FZPN40 PHFO 050445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE FEB 05 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 05 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 06 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 07 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.COLD FRONT THRU 30N171E 25N160E WITH N END MOVING E 15 KT OTHERWISE 
NEARLY STATIONARY. FRONT MOVING NE AS A WARM FRONT AFTER 051800 UTC.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT THRU 31N176E 29N170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT N OF FCST AREA. NEW COLD FRONT THRU 
30N178W 26N175E 25N167E.

.RIDGE THRU 30N170W 24N170E 22N60E MOVING ENE 20 KT.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 23N AND 07N E OF 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 23N AND 07N E OF 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 21N AND 08N E OF 166W.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 13N AND 08N W OF 178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 14N AND 08N W OF 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 15N AND 09N W OF 180. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 18 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 25N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT BETWEEN 170W AND A LINE FROM 30N152W TO 21N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 20 FT N AND W OF A LINE 30N175W 24N176E 
21N168E 23N150E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT S OF 19N BETWEEN 170W AND 150W.
ESEWHERE E OF 170W SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 15N AND 
05N W OF 170W. REST OF AREA 8 FT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE 30N164W 22N170W 
19N179W 30N167E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 05N W OF 173W. REST OF AREA 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.OTHERWISE SEAS MOSTLY 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ AXIS...07N140W 06N150W 06N150W 05N170E. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS E OF 170W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.