Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 05:43:41 -0600

685 
TXPS40 PHFO 281143
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1143 UTC MON JAN 28 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE 12F LOCATED NEAR 18.1S 177.5E AT 28/1052 UTC BASED 
ON MTSAT AND GOES11 4 KM RESOLUTION IR SECTOR AND ANIMATION. 
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 60 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND 
SPEED 45 KT. MOVEMENT WAS TOWARD 240 DEGREES AT 13 KT OVER THE PAST 
6.5 HOURS.

T3.0/3.0/D1.5/24 HRS

REMARKS...CENTER SOMEWHAT DIFFICULT TO LOCATE BUT ANIMATION OF 
IMAGERY AND TIGHTLY WOUND CENTRAL REGION GIVES A FAIRLY GOOD 
INDICATION. CURVED BAND WRAPPING .7 ON LOG10 SPIRAL GIVES DT OF 
3.0. PAT AGREES. MET REMAINS AT 2.5 WHICH WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE 
BEEN ON PREVIOUS 0430 UTC FIX...NOT 3.0. FINAL T BASED ON DT AND 
PAT. 

$$

FUJII

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.