Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 20:39:18 -0600

952 
ATPQ40 PGUM 010239
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST TUE JAN 1 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 25N150E SOUTHWESTWARD TO 20N142E...THEN 
CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 15N130E AND BEYOND. WIDESPREAD 
CLOUDINESS AND AREAS OF LIGHT RAIN AND SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND 
UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY. 

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES FROM 5N130E TO 1N144E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING JUST SOUTH OF PALAU 
IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 9N130E TO 6N134E TO 6N137E TO 4N130E BACK TO 
9N130E...AND WELL SOUTH OF YAP BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 2N FROM 136E 
TO 145E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 75 
MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 4N155E TO 2N162E TO 6N180. THIS IS 
SOUTH OF POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND MAJURO.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.