Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:25:46 -0600

294 
ATHW40 PHFO 040025
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI JAN 4 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 4 2008

NUMEROUS PATCHES AND SMALL CLUSTERS OF MOSTLY SCATTERED AND 
OCCASIONALLY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS SURROUNDED THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS 
AFTERNOON.  THE CLOUDS HAVE BECOME MORE FLATTER OR STABLE IN 
APPEARANCE SINCE THIS MORNING.  MANY OF THESE LOW CLOUDS WERE 
TIGHTLY PACKED INTO EAST-WEST ALIGNED BANDS.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT 
DOWN NEAR THE BIG ISLAND WAS SOUTHWEST NEAR 15 MILES AN HOUR.  
THOSE LOW CLOUDS NEAR KAUAI WERE MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT JUST 
UNDER 25 MILES AN HOUR. 

AT 2 PM...OVERCAST LOW CLOUDINESS WAS STACKED UP ALONG THE WINDWARD 
SECTIONS OF THE BIG ISLAND.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ALSO 
LINED THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU.  BROKEN PATCHES OF CLOUDS WERE 
NOTED ALONG THE WAIANAE RANGE OF WEST OAHU AND OVER THE EASTERN TWO 
THIRDS OF KAUAI.  AND A FEW BROKEN LOW CLOUDS HOVERED ALONG THE 
MOLOKAI MOUNTAINS.  BUT THE REST OF THE STATE WAS SUNNY OR MOSTLY 
SUNNY. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED A LARGE UPPER LEVEL HIGH PRESSURE AREA 
WAS CENTERED NORTH OF THE STATE IN THE VICINITY OF 28N 159W.  THIS 
WAS KEEPING THE AIR MASS AROUND THE STATE ON THE STABLE SIDE.  A JET 
STREAM SOUTH OF THE STATE FLOWED NORTHEAST THROUGH 10N 180 THEN EAST 
THROUGH 25N 170W AD SOUTHEAST THROUGH 10N 160W TO NEAR 05N 150W. 
 
$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.