Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:59:02 -0600

932 
ATPQ40 PGUM 290258
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST TUE JAN 29 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN OLD SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 24N164E THROUGH THE 
NORTHERN MARIANAS AT 16N146E TO DISSIPATE WELL WEST OF KOROR AT 
7N126E. EXTENSIVE LOW-LEVEL CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 150 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

ANOTHER OLD SHEAR LINE STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 24N163E TO JUST 
SOUTH OF GUAM AT 12N145E TO DISSIPATE OVER YAP NEAR 10N140E. PATCHY 
CLOUDS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 100 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 24N164E TO 19N161E... 
THEN TURNS SOUTHWARD TO END AT 8N164E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ASSOCIATED 
WITH THIS TROUGH ARE OCCURRING NORTHWEST OF WAKE ISLAND WITHIN 50 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 15N159E TO 24N168E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING ISOLATED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS 
OVER CHUUK...POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND SOUTHEAST OF MAJURO WITHIN 70 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 9N148E TO 3N167E TO 4N172E TO 12N180. MORE 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO PRESENT NEAR AND NORTHEAST OF TARAWA 
WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 2N173E TO 5N180E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS ALSO CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS WELL SOUTH OF KOROR BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 3N FROM 
130E TO 140E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.