Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:47:15 -0600

984 
FZPN01 KWBC 120347
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 12 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING LOW 41N 161E 996 MB. 
WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 16 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 162E 988 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 170E 980 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 600 
NM REMAINING SW QUADRANT...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM NE...6660 NM SE...AND 900 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 176E 964 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF FRONT 
TO EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 50N 178W TO 45N 174W...WINDS 50 TO 
65 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 174E 954 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 57N 
175E TO 56N 174W TO 48N 168W TO 30N 166E. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND 120 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 54N...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT 
SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND 240 
NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 420 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...N OF 48N AND W OF FRONT...AND 
S OF 44N W OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N 142W 976 MB MOVING N 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 300 NM 
SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 36N TO 52N BETWEEN 128W AND 151W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
13 TO 25 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 138W 977 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 20 
FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 49N BETWEEN 136W AND 123W...WINDS LESS THAN 
25 KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 39N 173W 988 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 24 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 45N BETWEEN 155W AND 176E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 160W 1002 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 22 TO 33 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NW OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 42N 
155W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NEWLY FORMED LOW 35N 145W 1007 
MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 43N 135W TO LOW CENTER TO 30N 147W. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 420 NM NW OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 148W 996 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 42N 145W TO 36N 147W TO 30N 155W. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 
180 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM E AND 300 NM W SEMICIRCLES...AND WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT S OF 38N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 57N 132W 989 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 55N 171E TO 53N 176E TO 49N 178E. WITHIN 180 
NM NE OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 57N 175E TO 53N 178W TO 
45N 176W. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 54N 174E DESCRIBED 
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N 167E 1010 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 180 NM SE AND 540 
NM SW QUADRANTS OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 
TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
45N 170E DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 58N 172W TO 56N 164W TO 56N 155W MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 55N 163W TO 55N 151W MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 54N 158W TO 54N 146W LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 120W AND 123W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 45N BETWEEN 176E AND 170E DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 48N BETWEEN 166W AND 173W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 31N 130W 1024 MB MOVING N 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 130W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 31N 168E 1027 MB MOVING E 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 177W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 164W 1029 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 129W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 126W 1026 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 49N 166W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 154W 1032 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT JAN 12
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN JAN 13
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON JAN 14

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 9N TO 21N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 
N OF 23N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 3N W OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 21N W OF 121W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST W OF 150W. N OF 19N BETWEEN
119W AND 135W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN N 
SWELL. W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY 
IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 21N TO 26N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. N OF 26N W OF 135W E TO SE WINDS 20 
KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS 8 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0330 UTC SAT JAN 12...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...6N77W 4N91W 7N120W 6N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 9N TO 11W BETWEEN 112W AND 114W. 

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.