Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:58:38 -0600

238 
TXPS40 PHFO 290558 CCA
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0557 UTC TUE JAN 29 2008

...CORRECTED POSITION DATE...

TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE RELOCATED NEAR 18.2S 175.8E AT 29/0430 UTC 
BASED ON MTSAT 4 KM RESOLUTION IR SECTOR AND ANIMATION. POSITION 
ACCURATE WITHIN 45 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND 
SPEED 55 KT. MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARD 240 DEGREES AT 12 KT OVER 
THE PAST 6 HOURS.

T3.5/3.5/D0.5/24 HRS

REMARKS...AFTER PASSING OVER VITI LEVU...CENTER HAS APPEARED TO 
SHIFT SOUTHWARD. LOG10 WRAP OF 0.8 GIVES A DT OF 3.5. MET AND PT 
AGREE. FINAL T BASED ON DT.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.