Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:45:07 -0600

804 
FZPN40 PHFO 172245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU JAN 17 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 17 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 18 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 19 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THRU 30N 168E 27N 160E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
N OF 27N W OF 180.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 173W 25N 180 22N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 168W AND 180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 166W 26N 170 22N 170E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.DISSIPATING FRONT THRU 30N 161W 25N 166W MOVING E SLOWLY. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ALONG FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT THRU 30N 166E 26N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT IN AREA NORTH OF 26N WEST OF 177E.

.RIDGE THRU 30N 140W 24N 150W MOVING WEST SLOWLY.

.RIDGE THRU 30N 167W 30N 180 22N 163E MOVING EAST 15 KT.

.SEAS 15 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 175E. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT 
ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 150W 07N 150W 07N 160E 30N 
160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 19 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 164E 20N 
174W 24N 180 24N 167E 30N 164E. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA 
BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 140W 05N 160W 06N 160E 30N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 19 FT IN AREA NORTH OF 26N WEST 170W. 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 140W 16N 
140W 03N 170W 03N 170E 10N 160E 30N 160E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 9 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST 
AREA.

.ITCZ THRU 06N 140W 06N 160E 05N 170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE THROUGH 05N 178W 08N 160E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.