Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:22:16 -0600

130 
FZPN01 KWBC 241622
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 24 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

.SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 24. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 25. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 173E 967 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 59N 
178E TO 58N 173W TO 40N 172W. WITHIN 180 NM N OF FRONT...AND 
WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 60 KT SEAS 18 TO 
32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM S AND 300 NM E SEMICIRCLES...AND 
WITHIN 360 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 
24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 176W 992 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
53N TO 59N BETWEEN 162W AND 178E...AND WITHIN 180 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 153E 976 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM CENTER 
TO 38N 159E TO 30N 156E. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 
33N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 
NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 159E 965 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 48N 
160E TO 47N 170E TO 37N 170E TO 30N 166E. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 
240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 37N...AND FROM 37N TO 42N W OF 
164E...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 
NM N...300 NM NE AND 360 NM E OF FRONT...ALSO S OF 44N W OF 
FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 164E 963 MB. FROM 43N TO 49N W OF 
179E...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 24 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 480 
NM AND 920 NM NE QUADRANT...AND FROM 36N TO 53N W OF 
175E...WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ALSO FROM 33N TO 61N 
W OF 172W...AND FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 150W 996 MB. FROM 51N TO 59N BETWEEN 
144W AND 160W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 140W 980 MB. FROM 55N TO 59N BETWEEN 
139W AND 150W...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 139W 989 MB. N OF 50N BETWEEN 135W AND 
153W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 
NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 130W 1003 MB MOVING S 30 KT. FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 
134W AND 146W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
BETWEEN 130W AND A LINE FROM 59N 150W TO 43N 148W TO 33N 
140W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N 128W 994 MB. S OF 43N BETWEEN 130W 
AND 144W...AND WITHIN 480 NM SE...240 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 130W 1002 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...ALSO FROM 33N TO 38N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N 173W 1013 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E 
SEMICRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 
40N BETWEEN 163W AND 178W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 170W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 
42N BETWEEN 160W AND 168W...AND WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER EXCEPT S 
 QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 43N TO 56N BETWEEN 163W AND 172W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 56N 153W TO 
42N 170W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 
NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 48N BETWEEN 160W AND 171W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 44N 153W 1042 MB MOVING S 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 152W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 154W 1035 MB. 

.HIGH 38N 176E 1024 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N 167W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU JAN 24
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI JAN 25
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT JAN 26

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 25N W OF 125W NLY WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. FROM 20N TO 25N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N130W 25N140W. N OF 27N W OF 
FRONT W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. N 
OF 27N WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N126W 20N140W. N OF 25N W OF 
FRONT N WINDS 25 TO 30 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 25N 
W OF FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. N OF 24N 
WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
N OF 24N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 13N BETWEEN 114W AND 121W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS FROM 12N TO 17N BETWEEN 116W AND 126W 
ELY WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 19N BETWEEN 117W AND 127W ELY WINDS
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO 
NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 
20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 91W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 91W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 6N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 105W E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN E SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 22N TO 25N N WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC THU JAN 24...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N78W 5N185W 4N100W 11N120W 
8N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER DGS
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.