Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:30:10 -0600

424 
ATHW40 PHFO 070530
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC MON JAN 07 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 07 2008

A 300 MILE CLOUD BAND STRETCHES SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST FROM 24N 180 
TO 30N 165W AND CONTINUES NORTHEAST INTO THE NORTH PACIFIC. THE BAND 
IS THE RESULT OF A COLD FRONT PUSHING TOWARD THE EAST AT 30 MPH. THE 
CLOUD STRUCTURE WITHIN THE BAND IS MAINLY OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS 
WITH SOME ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS /CB/. 

WELL NORTHEAST OF HAWAII AN AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS 
AND STRATUS CLOUDS ARE MAINLY STATIONARY AND LOCATED WITHIN THE BOX 
CONTAINED BY 22N 140W AND 30N 150W. THESE CLOUDS ARE SITTING UNDER 
THE CENTER OF A SURFACE HIGH THAT IS PROVIDING THE STATE WITH THE 
EAST TO SOUTHEAST TRADE WINDS.

OVER THE ISLANDS...KAUAI OAHU AND THE BIG ISLAND ALL HAVE SCATTERED 
SC WITH PATCHES OF BROKEN SC...EXCEPT OVER THE SUMMITS WHERE SKIES 
ARE CLEAR. OVER MAUI COUNTY SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLEAR WITH SOME 
ISOLATED AREAS OF SCATTERED SC ALONG THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA.

BETWEEN 10N AND 20N FROM 140W TO THE DATELINE LOW SC CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING WEST AT 20 TO 30 MPH. MOST AREAS HAVE SCATTERED SC WITH THE 
EXCEPTION OF OVERCAST SC BETWEEN 140W AND 155W BETWEEN 20N AND 25N. 
BETWEEN 20N AND 30N FROM 150W TO 180 SCATTERED SC ARE MOVING NORTH 
AT 20 TO 30 MPH AROUND THE HIGH PRESSURE CIRCULATION.

AN ACTIVE ITCZ IS PRODUCING THUNDERSTORMS AND OVERCAST SKIES 
BETWEEN 6N AND 10N ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC.  

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.