Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 04:00:55 -0600

461 
FZPN01 KWBC 211000
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 21 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 21. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 22. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 171W 973 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. ASSOCIATED FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 50N 168W TO 43N 165W TO 35N 166W. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 23 TO 35 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 
NM SW AND SE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 360 NW SEMICIRCLES...AND WITHIN 
300 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 167W 977 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM SE AND E QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 360 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N OF AREA. OVER ICE FREE WATERS N OF 
57N W OF ALASKA TO 173W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 164E 997 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 34N AND 43N W OF 170E...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 176E 989 MB WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER 
TO 49N 177W TO 46N 175W TO 39N 179W. WITHIN 180 NM S QUADRANT 
AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT BETWEEN 42N AND 48N...WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM S AND 240 N 
SEMICIRCLES...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 157W 1012 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 160E 997 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 
37N AND W OF 167E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 170E 987 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND W   
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 177E 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ALSO OVER 
FORECAST WATERS S OF 52N BETWEEN 171W AND 168E...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N 177W 1000 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 34N AND 51N E OF 135W...AREA OF 
WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N 125W 1014 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 
540 NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 126W 1016 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 600 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N 161E 999 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 480 NM W 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 162E 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND S 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 163E 1004 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE AND 
WITHIN 300 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
17 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N AND W 
OF 170W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N AND W 
OF 161W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 59N 152W 1016 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 44N TO 59N BETWEEN 144W AND 152W...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 50N TO 59N BETWEEN 143W AND 151W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 39N 153W 1030 MB DRIFTING NE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 32N 174E 1022 MB MOVING NE 50 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 165W 1030 MB 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 157W 1041 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 49N 138W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 143W 1037 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 57N 179W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON JAN 21
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE JAN 22
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED JAN 23

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.N OF 13N FROM 94W TO 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...
N WIND 35 TO 40 KT  SEAS 18 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST  WIND BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 
16N95W 13N96W 12N101W  NE WIND 20 TO 30 KT  SEAS TO 12 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 13N FROM 94W TO 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC  N TO NE WIND 25 TO 30 KT  SEAS TO 14 FT.  FROM 6N 
TO 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 105W  NE TO E WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS 11 
FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 6N TO 15N BETWEEN 95W AND 110W 
NE TO E WIND 20 KT  SEAS 11 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO
NE WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO  NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 116W  NE WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS 10 FT IN NE 
SWELL. N OF 18N W OF 120W AND FROM 6N TO 10N W OF 110W
WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 14N TO 21N W OF 120W NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 11 FT.  FROM 5N TO 14N W OF 105W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT
SEAS TO 10 FT IN W SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 19N TO 24N BETWEEN 115W AND 125W  NE 
WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS 9 FT.  S OF 19N W OF 110W  NE TO E WIND 
20 KT  SEAS TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC MON JAN 21...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...8N83W  4N106W  8N124W  9N137W 
9N140W.  NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.