Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:06:54 -0600

358 
FZPN01 KWBC 091606
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 09 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 162W 972 MB MOVING N 30 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 51N BETWEEN 133W AND 173W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 
26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 144W 988 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM SW...660 NM S AND 720 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH  
LOW 57N 130W BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 36N 176E 998 MB MOVING E 25 KT...WILL TURN NE AFTER 24 
HOURS. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 480 
NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 164W 1000 MB WITH FRONT SW TO 30N 
169W. WITHIN 180 NM NW QUADRANT AND 300 NM E AND W OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 148W 981 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W...240 NM 
E AND 300 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NE...300 NM NW...480 NM SW AND 660 NM SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 164E 1002 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE AND 240 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 420 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 171E 992 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM SE AND 480 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 176W 984 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 22 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM N...540 NM W AND 600 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.  

...STORM WARNING... 
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 160E 987 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM NE...420 NM E AND 360 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 162E 977 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND 360 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 42N AND W OF 175E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED W OF AREA. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 55N 
171E TO 48N 177E. WITHIN 120 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 50N...WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NE OF FRONT 
AND N OF 39N BETWEEN 160E AND 170E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 
TO 25 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 142W 984 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM N AND 
SW...180 NM S AND 300 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 
TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N 148W 989 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 148W 994 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 600 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 135W 978 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NW AND 300 
NM SE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 57N 130W 997 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT IN SW SWELL. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 56N 169W TO 60N 178W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 170W TO 60N 
174W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 55N 153W TO 56N 167W TO 60N 
174W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N 167E TO 46N 166E. WITHIN 120 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 50N 162E ABOVE.

.FROM 37N TO 48N BETWEEN 136W AND 149W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 125W AND 130W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 46N 173E 1019 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N 175W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 164E 1028 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 130W 1025 MB.

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED JAN 09
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU JAN 10
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI JAN 11

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 6N TO 20N W OF 120W  NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS TO 13 FT IN 
NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W AND S OF 16N FROM 105W TO 110W
WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 6N TO 20N W OF 125W  NE WIND 20 TO 25 
KT  SEAS 11 FT.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT
SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 122W  NE WIND 20 KT
SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 3N W OF 115W  WIND LESS
THAN 20 KT  SEAS 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC WED JAN 09...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W  6N84W  4N96W  7N110W 
6N125W  5N135W  6N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM N OF AXIS
119W TO 125W.  

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.