Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 20:50:18 -0600

958 
ATPQ40 PGUM 140250
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST MON JAN 14 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS FROM 2N130E TO 3N152E TO EQ157E. A 
DISTURBANCE ON THE TROUGH IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 1N150E TO 6N141E TO 
9N141E TO 10N144E TO 8N156E TO 3N154E BACK TO 1N150E...INCLUDING 
CHUUK. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 100 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 9N157E TO 9N160E TO 5N172E TO 7N180. THIS 
INCLUDES MAJURO...BUT IS JUST NORTH OF POHNPEI AND KOSRAE AND JUST 
SOUTH OF KWAJALEIN. 

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 25N155E TO 24N149E...THEN CONTINUES AS A 
SHEAR LINE TO 19N130E AND BEYOND. AREAS OF LOW CLOUDINESS AND 
SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS ARE FOUND NEAR AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST 
OF THIS BOUNDARY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.