Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:02:21 -0600

033 
FZPN01 KWBC 012202
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 01 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 160E 992 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S OF A FRONT 
FROM 41N 178E TO 37N 170E TO 32N 160E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 
TO 16 FT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 40N 180 TO 37N 170E TO 32N 160E. 
WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 179E 989 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 152W 970 MB. FROM 41N TO 49N BETWEEN 
150W AND 159W...WINDS 40 TO 60 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 36N TO 50N BETWEEN 144W AND 164W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 
12 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 148W 963 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 58N 
150W TO 57N 140W TO 53N 133W TO 48N 130W TO 34N 136W. WITHIN 120 
NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 49N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 38N...AND 
WITHIN 420 NM N...540 NM E...660 NM S...480 NM W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 31 FT. ALSO N OF 36N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 153W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 140W 968 MB. BETWEEN 480 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 131W 977 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 172E 973 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 58N 
177E TO 54N 175W. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 168E 977E. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT 
FROM 58N 177E TO 56N 175W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 161W 1004 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FROM 34N TO 39N BETWEEN 
157W AND 165W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 141W 998 MB. FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 
139W AND 143W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 19 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 129W 981 MB. FROM 38N TO 49N E OF 
128W...ALSO WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 170E 976 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 47N TO 53N BETWEEN 
165E AND 173E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 170E 983 MB. FROM 44N TO 50N W OF 
175E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 178E 981 MB. FROM 42N TO 53N W OF 
165W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 58N BETWEEN 160W AND 166W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 62N 175W TO 58N 162W AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 167E 1008 MB. S OF 38N BETWEEN 165E 
AND 175E...AND WITHIN 300 NM S OF A LINE FROM 38N 175E TO 39N 
170W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E AREAS OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 172W AND 178E AREAS OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.HIGH 31N 128W 1022 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 31N 169W 1028 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE JAN 01
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED JAN 02
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU JAN 03

.WARNINGS.
...STORM WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 70 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N98W 
...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N97W 
11N100W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 
TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 70 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 12N98W 
...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 18 TO 23 KT WITH NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.WITHIN 70 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N98W...INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N100W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 11N100W 9N105W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 33 
KT SEAS TO 10 TO 15 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 150 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 11N100W 9N110W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT WITH E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 98W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE FROM 6N TO 13N E OF 110W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE FROM 5N T0 14N E OF 115W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 20N BETWEEN 117W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 18N BETWEEN 115W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 18N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 18N W OF 110W E TO SE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 16N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITH NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 16N W OF 125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 12N W OF 133W E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 
9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N E OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
FT IN E SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N135W 27N140W WITHIN 120 NM E OF 
FRONT SW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. W OF FRONT 
NW WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 KT IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N130W 20N140W SW TO W WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N BETWEEN 127W AND 125W SW WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 11 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N125W 
16N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC TUE JAN 1...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 8N110W 8N115W 7N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 180 NM N 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 111W AND 117W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NOTED NEAR 
8N12OW.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER GR
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.