Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:57:12 -0600

958 
FZPN01 KWBC 171555
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 17 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 35N 176E 993 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM S AND 600 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
15 TO 23 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 171W 985 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SW AND 180 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 161W 972 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM
W...300 NM SW AND 420 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 
15 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND FROM 30N 
TO 40N BETWEEN 152W AND 173E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 39N 177E 995 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. TROUGH EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 31N 174E. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM SE OF 
TROUGH...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 15 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 163W 983 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 600 
NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 157W 980 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SW AND 240 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 154W 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N 143W 987 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
NW...420 NM SW AND 660 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 
12 TO 19 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 142W 981 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 240 
NM S AND E QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 140W 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE...300 NM 
E AND 420 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT.
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM E...600 NM NE AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS... 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 151W 982 MB MOVING NW 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 50N 146W TO 40N 146W TO 33N 150W. WITHIN 540 NM E 
QUADRANT AND 300 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 62N 162W 983 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND
FROM 59N 140W TO 46N 139W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND FRONT DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 159W 983 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE AND 
720 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 156W 980 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 168W 967 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 660 NM NW QUADRANT 
AND 360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 171W 967 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND 600 NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 168W 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 360 
NM SE QUADRANTS AND 480 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS
9 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 163E 984 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 171E 989 MB. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 35N 176E ABOVE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 44N 161W
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 55N 172W TO 56N 173E AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 56N 173W TO 56N 174E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 56N 172W TO 57N 175E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 41N TO 57N BETWEEN 138W AND 151W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 58N BETWEEN 135W AND 141W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 49N TO 57N BETWEEN 137W AND 145W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 31N 129W 1023 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 127W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN FEB 17
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON FEB 18
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE FEB 19

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.RIDGE 30N127W 15N105W AND TROUGH 10N140W 25N137W. SW OF RIDGE 
NE OF TROUGH E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. E OF 
RIDGE TO 110W N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST RIDGE W OF AREA...HIGH PRES 29N128W 1023 MB 
RIDGE SE TO 10N106W AND RIDGE SW TO 22N138W. N OF 27N W OF 135W 
SW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 5N TO 18N W OF 130W 
NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
22N W OF 125W AND ENTIRE AREA BETWEEN 125W AND 100W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N136W 28N140W AND HIGH PRES 
27N126W 1022MB RIDGE SE TO 12N103W AND RIDGE SW TO 22N137W. NW 
OF FRONT NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN FRESH NW SWELL.
FROM 5N TO 15N W OF 120W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT. S OF 22N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 26N NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC SUN FEB 17...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 8N78W 5N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG S OF 8N BETWEEN 80W AND 91W AND WITHIN 
60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 8N123W 5N131W.

SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF 
LINE 17N136W 16N142W AND WITHIN 60 NM 10.5N143W.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.