Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:45:08 -0600

200 
FZPN40 PHFO 212245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON JAN 21 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 21 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 22 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 23 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 163E 26N 160E MOVING E 40 KT. WINDS 
20 TO 35 KT NW OF FRONT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N 
167E 26N 160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 167E 24N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT NW OF 
LINE 30N 171E 25N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH NEW LOW 24N 175E AND ASSOCIATED 
FRONT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 1008 MB 27N 172E. FRONT 28N 173E THRU LOW TO 
25N 171E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT WITHIN 150 NM EAST SEMICIRCLE OF LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. NEW LOW 1010 MB 24N 175E. 
FRONT 30N 180 THRU LOW TO 20N 167E. SE TO S WINDS N OF 28N BETWEEN 
170W AND 177W. N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 176E AND 173E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

FRONT 30N 167W 28N 173W EXTENDING AS SHEAR LINE THRU 22N 176E 22N 
164E. FRONT MOVING NE 10 KT AND DISSIPATING. SHEARLINE NEARLY 
STATIONARY. NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM NW OF SHEARLINE EAST 
OF 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATING N OF AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 23N 158W 16N 147W 13N 162W 23N 
158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 22N BETWEEN 
152W AND 168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 18N BETWEEN 
154W AND 172W.

RIDGE 30N 157W 28N 166W MOVING N 10 KT.

RIDGE 30N 173E 24N 160E MOVING SE 20 KT AND ERODING FROM THE W.

SEAS 11 TO 14 FT BOUNDED BY 30N 167E 30N 166W 22N 180 19N 160E 25N 
160E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 20N E OF 145W AND S OF LINE 10N 140W 
02N 175W 10N 160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 15 FT NW OF LINE 30N 170E 25N 160E. SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT BOUNDED BY 30N 170E 30N 140W 10N 150W EQ 180 15N 160E 30N 
170W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 15 FT NW OF LINE 30N 177E 20N 160E. SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT BOUNDED BY 30N 177E 30N 140W EQ 160W 12N 173E 30N 177E. 
SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

ITCZ...07N 140W 10N 148W 02N 180.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.