Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 23:30:09 -0600

789 
ATHW40 PHFO 060530
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC WED FEB 6 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC FEBRUARY 6 2008

AN AREA OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS COVERS THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC 
WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 24N150W...15N150W...10N160W...10N164W AND 
20N160W. A 120 MILE WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS EXTENDS TO THE 
NORTHEAST FROM THIS CLOUD AREA...SPECIFICALLY CENTERED ALONG A LINE 
FROM 23N150W TO 27N140W. THE MAIN LAYERED CLOUD AREA MERGES WITH 
BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS...CB...SOUTHEAST OF 
A LINE FROM 15N150W TO 10N160W. THE MAIN LAYERED CLOUD AREA COVERS 
THE EASTERN HALF OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. 

WATER VAPOR LOOPS SHOWS AN UPPER LOW CENTERED NEAR 16N166W...ABOUT 
650 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. AN UPPER TROUGH 
EXTENDS TO THE NORTHEAST FROM THIS UPPER LOW...ALONG AN AXIS 
EXTENDING THROUGH 20N165W AND 30N157W. THE LAYERED CLOUD AREA ACROSS 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS MARKS THE EASTERN FLANK OF THIS UPPER 
TROUGH. THE UPPER LOW AND TROUGH DO NOT APPEAR TO HAVE MOVED MUCH 
OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS.

FARTHER TO THE NORTHWEST...A 500 TO 600 MILE WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST 
LAYERED CLOUDS LIES NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 50N136W TO 40N150W TO 
32N170W TO 30N180. THAT PORTION OF THE LAYERED CLOUD BAND NORTH OF 
40N IS MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST AT ABOUT 40 MPH WHILE THAT PORTION 
NEAR THE DATELINE IS NEARLY STATIONARY.

OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS COMPLETELY BLOCK THE VIEW OF LOW CLOUDS 
ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM MOLOKAI EASTWARD. LOW CLOUDS 
APPEAR TO BE MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST AT 20 TO 25 MPH NEAR KAUAI AND 
OAHU. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER ALMOST ALL OF OAHU AND 
THE EASTERN TWO-THIRDS OF KAUAI.  

$$
POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.