Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:45:10 -0600

650 
FZPN40 PHFO 052245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE FEB 05 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 05 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 06 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 07 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT 30N175E 24N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT ABSORBED BY NEW COLD FRONT.

.COLD FRONT ENTERING FORECAST AREA NEAR 30N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N179E 23N174E THENCE SHEAR LINE THRU 
20N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N167W 25N171W THENCE SHEAR LINE THRU 
21N180.

.RIDGE 30N163W 26N180 22N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE 
WEST.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 08N AND 23N E OF 170W...AND FROM 05N TO 
10N E OF 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 08N AND 16N E OF 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 18N E OF 150W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 14 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE 30N176E 27N166E 28N160E.  SEAS 9 TO 13 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N179E 25N170E 22N160E...AND BETWEEN 05N 
AND 18N E OF 180. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE 30N168W 24N180 
30N176E.  SEAS 11 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 30N165E 13N180 24N160E. 
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 16 FT NW OF A LINE 30N163E 28N160E. 
ELSEWHERE SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.

.ITCZ...06N140W 06N160W 04N180 04N171E.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 150W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.