Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 08:05:52 -0600

573 
ATPQ40 PGUM 271405
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST MON JAN 28 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N175E TO 8N139E. EXTENSIVE 
LOW-LEVEL CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND UP TO 100 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF THE SHEAR LINE BETWEEN 138E AND 155E AND UP TO 400 
MILES NORTHWEST OF THE SHEAR LINE BETWEEN 155E AND 175E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF PALAU UP TO 150 MILES SOUTH OF A LINE ALONG 
5N THAT EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM 130E TO 138E. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS ALSO CAUSING AN AREA OF SCATTERED 
LOW-TOPPED SHOWERS EAST OF CHUUK BUT OVER POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND THE 
MARSHALL ISLANDS FROM 153E TO 180 BETWEEN 4N AND 9N.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.