Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:50:11 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 200600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/200600Z-210600ZJAN2008//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/181951ZJAN2008//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.0N
124.2E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 10.4N 123.8E, APPROXIMATELY 140 NM
WEST-NORTHWEST OF DAPA, PHILIPPINES. RECENT MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY
SHOWS WEAK CYCLONIC TURNING IN THE LOW LEVELS WITH A MORE EVIDENT
CIRCULATION IN THE MID LEVEL CLOUDS. THE UPPER LEVEL ENVIROMENT IS
ALSO LIMITING INTENSIFICATION WITH MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
VALUES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 200000Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 12P (FUNA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
28.2S 173.5E, APPROXIMATELY 520 NM NORTH OF AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
AND HAD TRACKED SOUTHWESTWARD AT 28 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 192100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.