Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:09:36 -0600

268 
ATPQ40 PGUM 150309
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST FRI FEB 15 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS EAST-NORTHEASTWARD FROM 12N130E TO 12N140E TO 
20N150E THEN CONTINUES AS A TROUGH TO 25N160E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS 
AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND BETWEEN 12N AND 20N FROM 130E TO 
140E. ALSO...SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF BOUNDARY FROM 12N140E TO 25N160E. THIS AREA INCLUDES 
ANATAHAN AND ISLANDS NORTH OF AGRIHAN.

A WEAK COLD FRONT RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N177E TO 20N160E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING ALONG AND UP TO 150 MILES NORTHWEST 
OF THIS BOUNDARY.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER A BROAD 
AREA SOUTH OF KOSRAE AND MAJURO...WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
4N160E TO 4N170E TO END AT 7N180. 

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE OVER POHNPEI IS CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS. 
ALSO...TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE SOUTHEAST OF CHUUK IS PRODUCING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS BETWEEN 3N AND 6N FROM 151E TO 155E.

SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 6N FROM 140E TO 
148E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.