Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:45:11 -0600

970 
FZPN40 PHFO 092245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED JAN 09 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 09 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 10 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 11 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 179W 30N 175E MOVING EAST NORTHEAST 35 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT NORTH OF LINE 30N 175W 28N 179E 30N 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NORTH OF AREA. WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

COLD FRONT 30N 152W 27N 157W MOVING NORTH SLOWLY AND WEAKENING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 162E 29N 160E. WEST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
NORTH OF 29N WEST OF 167E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 176E 27N 166E. WEST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
NORTH OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 165W 24N 180. WEST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
NORTH OF FRONT EAST OF 172W.

RIDGE 27N 140W 24N 160W 25N 180 25N 160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 06N TO 13N EAST OF 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 15N 140W 12N 140W 06N 
140W 11N 160E 13N 160E 15N 140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 23N WEST OF 176W.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 25 FT NORTH OF LINE 30N 155W 18N 170W 30N 165E. SEAS 8 FT 
OR LESS SOUTH OF LINE EQ 140W 10N 160E. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT REST OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 20 FT NORTH OF LINE 30N 144W 12N 160W 
30N 180. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SOUTH OF LINE EQ 158W 10N 160E AND WEST 
OF LINE 30N 160E 24N 167E 19N 160E. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT REST OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SOUTH OF LINE EQ 180 09N 166E 
04N 160E AND FROM 21N TO 29N WEST OF 175E. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 09N 163W 13N 167W.

ITCZ...O4N 140W 07N 160W 04N 165E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
180 NM NORTH OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 152W AND 158W AND BETWEEN 170E AND 
166E.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.