Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 12:00:09 -0600

492 
ATHW40 PHFO 061800
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC SUN JAN 06 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC JANUARY 06 2008

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY OVER THE ALOHA STATE 
THIS MORNING.  LOW CLOUD CEILINGS...ON THE OTHER HAND...ARE 
OCCURRING...AT LEAST FROM TIME TO TIME...IN WINDWARD AND MAUKA 
SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  AS OF BULLETIN TIME...THIS IS 
ESPECIALLY THE CASE IN THE PUNA AND HILO DISTRICTS ON THE BIG 
ISLAND...AND IN EAST MAUI.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS NEAR 20 MPH ACROSS 
THE STATE...FROM THE EAST JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND VEERING 
TOWARD THE EAST/SOUTHEAST MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS... 
WITH ONLY SMALL AREAS OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS JUST WEST OF THE KOHALA 
DISTRICTS ON THE BIG ISLAND...AND WEST OF KAUAI.

A FRONT IS AROUND 1000 MILES WEST/NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND...SOUTH OF 
30N...APPEARS TO BE MOVING SLOWLY TOWARD THE EAST.  BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS...WITH EMBEDDED TCU/S...THAT MAKE UP 
THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY ARE CURRENTLY WITHIN 60 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A 
LINE FROM 30N173W TO 27.5N176.5W TO 26N180.

ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE SOUTH OF HAWAII ARE 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.  AS OF THIS WRITING... 
MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS LOCATED FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 135W AND 
163E.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.