Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 09:00:11 -0600

165 
ATPQ40 PGUM 061500
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST THU FEB 7 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A FRONTAL BOUNDARY EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N171E TO 20N152E TO 
NORTH OF THE MARIANA ISLANDS AT 25N145E. A COLD FRONT CUTS ACROSS 
THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE DISCUSSION AREA FROM 25N143E TO 17N130E. 
EAST OF 152E...CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING ALONG 
THE BOUNDARY AND NORTHWARD TO BEYOND 25N. WEST OF 152E...EXTENSIVE 
CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG THE FRONT AND NORTHWARD 
TO BEYOND 25N.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH REACHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 5N130E THROUGH A 
WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED AT 2N144E TO END AT EQ147E. WINDS 
CONVERGING NEAR AND SOUTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS ARE GENERATING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF KOROR AND 
YAP...OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 7N130E TO 6N135E TO EQ142E. 
TRADE-WINDS CONVERGING NORTHEAST OF THE TROUGH ARE COMBINING WITH 
UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE TO CREATE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTHEAST OF YAP WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
7N141E TO 2N148E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE AND UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE ARE ALSO COMBINING 
TO PRODUCE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF 
POHNPEI BETWEEN 1N AND 5N FROM 153E TO 161E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER KOSRAE AND 
BETWEEN MAJURO AND TARAWA WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 4N161E TO 
5N177E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.