Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:40:23 -0600

885 
FZPN40 PHFO 092240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT FEB 09 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 09 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 10 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 11 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT 30N179E 23N170E 20N160E. FRONT MOVING E 25 KT N OF 25N AND 
NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. WITHIN NEXT 12 HOURS WINDS 30 TO 35 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 29N. OTHERWISE 
WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N167W 23N180. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT 30N159W 27N167W.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N156E 995 MB MOVING NE 45 KT. W OF 173E N 
OF 27N WINDS INCREASING TO 35 TO 45 KT. WINDS 25 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE 
W OF 176E N OF 23N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N176E 25N170E 23N160E. WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 24N FROM 172W TO 165E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH 18N154W 10N152W NEARLY STATIONARY. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN AREA FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN TROUGH AND 157W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 08N AND 18N E OF 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH WEAKENED. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 
17N E OF 150W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 17N E OF 143W. 

.WEAKENING FRONT 30N152W 28N149W MOVING N 10 KT.

.RIDGE 30N158W 25N170W 22N 175E MOVING E SLOWLY AND ERODING FROM THE 
W.

.RIDGE 30N140W 28N150W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.RIDGE 29N160E 25N170E MOVING E 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N 178W 1017 MB
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH N OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 9 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE 30N 174W 25N 170E 23N 160E... 
SEAS HIGHEST N. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT IN AREA N OF 22N BETWEEN 145W AND 
162W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE E OF 170W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 18N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 19 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 166W AND 
170E...AND N OF 28N W OF 165E. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 
160W 21N 180 19N 160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 06N E OF OF 
167W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 26 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 154W 26N 
170W 25N 170E 29N 160E. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 
150W... AND SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 10N E OF 170E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF 
AREA.

.ITCZ...08N140W 06N150W 06N170W 05N180 05N160E. IN ADDITION TO TSTMS 
MENTIONED NEAR TROUGH... ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF 
ITCZ E OF 160W. AND WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ W OF 177E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.