Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 04:21:56 -0600

713 
FZPN01 KWBC 181021
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FEB 18 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 35N 172E 994 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 720 NM W AND 660 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 
TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 166W 977 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 43N BETWEEN 159W AND 170W...AND FROM 30N TO 38N W OF 170W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 151W 960 MB...WITH A FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 50N 149W TO 45N 140W TO 37N 147W. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 70 KT SEAS 23 TO 36 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE OF FRONT...WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM OF CENTER...EXCEPT 
300 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 147W 988 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 33N TO 39N BETWEEN 
140W AND 145W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM W AND 660 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 143W 974 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A 
LINE FROM 53N 142W TO 45N 132W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 36N TO 60N BETWEEN 128W AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 148W 970 MB. WITHIN 420 NM E AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 25 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 153W 970 MB INLAND. N OF 56N BETWEEN 
137W AND 151W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 171W 982 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 720 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 155W 986 MB. WITHIN 120 NM S OF A LINE 
FROM 47N 155W TO 44N 144W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM S OF THE ABOVE LINE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 60N 148W TO 57N 143W TO 50N 140W TO 42N 
141W. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT AND FROM 51N TO 57N BETWEEN 148W 
AND 154W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
FORECAST LOW 51N 143W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 172W 964 MB DRIFTING E 05 KT. WITHIN 360 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER ICE FREE 
WATERS WITHIN 540 NM NW...420 NM SW...AND 480 NM SE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 170W 968 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND 540 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 166W 975 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 57N AND W OF 174W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 40N W OF 170E AND FROM 40N TO 50N 
W OF 164E WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 42N TO 58N BETWEEN 135W AND 142W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 49N TO 57N BETWEEN 137W AND 146W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 30N 128W 1024 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 130W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER CLARK. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON FEB 18
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE FEB 19
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED FEB 20

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 8N TO 18N W OF 120W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 20N E OF 118W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT WITH 
NW SWELL. FROM 8N TO 20N BETWEEN 110W AND 120W N TO NE WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT WITH N SWELL.   
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF THE BAJA COAST NW WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS TO 8 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 27N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 18N TO 23N E OF 110W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS TO 8 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.S OF 5N BETWEEN 80W AND 92W SW TO W WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.09 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 135W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 
8 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N137W 29N140W. WITHIN 60 NM SE OF 
FRONT SW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT WITH NW SWELL. NW OF FRONT NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N124W 28N130W 
27N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC MON FEB 18...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 6N77W 6N83W 8N90W 
4N102W 7N128W 6N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION NEAR 3N79W 
5N87W 4N88W 5N105W AND 3N110W. SCATTERED MODERATE ALONG A LINE 
FROM 5N113W TO 6N117W TO 7N119W TO 6N121W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
NEAR 10N125W AND 7N129W.  

$$
FORECASTER RRG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.