Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 12:35:02 -0600

071 
ATHW40 PHFO 061834
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED FEB 06 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC FEBRUARY 06 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH REMAINS OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE 
NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST ORIENTED TROUGH AXIS LIES ALONG A LINE FROM 
27N 154W TO 15N 166W. THE UPPER LEVEL WINDS ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF 
THE TROUGH ARE FROM THE SOUTHWEST...WHICH CONTINUE TO BLANKET MOST 
OF THE ISLANDS WITH HIGH CLOUDS. THE HIGH CLOUDS ARE OBSCURING THE 
AMOUNT OF LOW CLOUDS OVER THE MAIN ISLANDS FROM OAHU EAST THIS 
MORNING. 

THE HIGH CLOUDS ARE THICKEST OVER THE ISLANDS OF MAUI COUNTY AND THE 
BIG ISLAND...BUT ARE PASSING OVER OAHU AND KAUAI FROM TIME TO TIME. 
LOOKING NORTH OF KAUAI...LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING FROM JUST SOUTH OF 
EAST AROUND 25 MPH. SOME OF THE LOWER CLOUDS ARE MERGING WITH THE 
HIGH CLOUDS NEAR THE ISLANDS.

THE FIRST VISIBLE IMAGERY OF THE DAYS SHOWS THUNDERSTORMS TO THE 
SOUTHWEST AND SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS. SOME OF THESE THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
NEAR 19.6N 160.8W...ABOUT 220 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU WITH TOPS 
REACHING NEAR 36 THOUSAND FEET. ADDITIONAL THUNDERSTORMS ARE TO THE 
NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS NEAR 25.9N 155.4W...ABOUT 350 MILES NORTH 
NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU WITH TOPS REACHING NEAR 38 THOUSAND FEET. 
OTHER THUNDERSTORMS ARE SOUTH OF 10N AS PART OF ITCZ WITH TOPS 
REACHING NEAR 40 THOUSAND FEET.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.