Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:56:55 -0600

092 
ATPQ40 PGUM 020256
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST SAT FEB 2 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N162E TO 22N152E...AND 
CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 18N128E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THIS 
BOUNDARY FROM 25N162E TO 20N135E.

AN OLD SHEAR LINE REACHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N165E ACROSS ANATAHAN 
NEAR 16N147E TO 11N130E AND BEYOND. PATCHY CLOUDS AND SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE OBSERVED ALONG AND UP TO 100 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS 
BOUNDARY FROM 25N165E TO 21N158E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 3N130E TO EQ140E. 
LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE ALONG THE EASTERN PORTION OF THE TROUGH AXIS 
IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS SOUTHEAST 
OF PALAU WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N137E TO 1N140E...AND 
WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 1N140E TO 2N149E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF CHUUK BETWEEN 2N AND 5N FROM 150E TO 157E.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM EQ175E TO 7N177E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TROUGH CAN BE SEEN FROM SOUTH 
OF MAJURO TO THE DATELINE WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM EQ167E TO 
4N172E TO 8N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.