Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 21:56:49 -0600

664 
FZPN01 KWBC 020356
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FEB 02 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 04. 

.WARNINGS.  

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 163W 988 MB MOVING E 40 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT... WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM SW AND 780 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 
20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 139W 997 MB AND SECOND LOW 46N 129W. 
WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT OF FIRST LOW AND 420 NM W QUADRANT OF 
SECOND LOW...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT OF FIRST LOW AND 720 NM SW QUADRANT OF 
SECOND LOW...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND. FROM 30N TO 50N AND E OF 
134W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 22 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 39N 156E 969 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E 
AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 44N AND W OF 169E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 166E 976 MB DRIFTING W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 660 
NM S AND SE AND 900 NM NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 
TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 165E 981 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 55N 165E 990 MB. WITHIN 420 NM 
S AND 600 NM NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 55N 157W 994 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E 
QUADRANT... WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 145W 994 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF 
CENTER... EXCEPT 300 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 141W 999 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 57N 144W TO 50N 136W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N 175E 1003 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 40N 
171W TO LOW CENTER TO 30N 170E. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 
NM S AND SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 174W 997 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 46N 
169W TO 35N 179W. WITHIN 360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND 360 NM SE OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 166W 991 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 51N 
151W TO 45N 160W TO 37N 170W. WITHIN 360 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 360 
NM SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.  

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 177W 1006 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.  

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 59N W OF 168W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 160W TO 58N 168W TO 61N 
177W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 48N 137W 1008 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S 
QUADRANT... WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 46N 129W. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N AND E OF 123W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION.   

.FROM 39N TO 47N BETWEEN 146W AND 170W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 46N BETWEEN 157W AND 172W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 52N BETWEEN 142W AND 158W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 35N 150W 1034 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 147W 1033 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 180 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT FEB 2
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN FEB 3
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON FEB 4

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC
N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N98W
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 13N TO 18N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 6N TO 28N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS
9 TO 13 FT. N OF 27N E OF 120W NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
ELSEWHERE N OF 3N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 4N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25
KT SEAS 11 TO 13 FT. N OF 28N E OF 122W NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 10
TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN NW SWELL...EXCEPT 11 TO 14 FT N OF 25N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 5N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 10 TO 12 FT. N OF 28N E OF 131W NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS10 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC SAT FEB 2...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 2N79W 2N98W 5N110W 5N130W 
7N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.