Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 22:45:10 -0600

450 
FZPN40 PHFO 060445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN JAN 06 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 06 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 07 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 08 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...FORECAST GALE...
.FRONT FAR WEST OF FORECAST AREA.
.24 HR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N 167E 22N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM OF FRONT NORTH OF 28N.
.48 HR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N 174W 20N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM EAST OF FRONT AND 120 NM WEST OF FRONT NORTH OF 26N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THROUGH 30N 177W 23N 170E 20N 160E MOVING EAST 25 KT. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM EAST AND 180 NM WEST OF FRONT NORTH 
OF 24N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM EAST OF FRONT NORTH OF 
24N.
.24 HR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N 166W 20N 173E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM EAST OF FRONT NORTH OF 28N.
.48 HR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N 162W 24N 177W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.HIGH 1023 MB NEAR 27N 145W MOVING EAST 20 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH 
THROUGH 26N 140W AND THROUGH 27N 165W 23N 180 MOVING EAST 20 KT.
.24 HR FORECAST HIGH 1024 MB NEAR 28N 140W.
.48 HR FORECAST HIGH EAST OF FORECAST AREA.

.EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 06N TO 16N EAST OF 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 15N 
EAST OF 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 15N 
EAST OF 160W.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 175W 20N 160W 18N 
140W 07N 140W 10N 160E 30N 160E. ALSO SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA 
BOUNDED BY 30N 140W 10N 140W 22N 150W 30N 155W 30N 140W. 
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 140W 08N 140W 
08N 175W 15N 175W 18N 160W 30N 150W 30N 140W. ALSO SEAS 9 TO 15 FT 
IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 170W 20N 160E 30N 160E.
.48 HR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 20 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 165E 30N 
175W 25N 170E 30N 165E WITH SEAS 9 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA 
BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 160W 25N 180 20N 160E 30N 160E. ALSO SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N 140W 05N 140W 10N 170W 18N 170W 18N 
150W 25N 140W.

WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 9 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST 
AREA.

.ITCZ THROUGH 07N 140W 06N 160W 08N 170E 08N 160E. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM NORTH AND 90 NM SOUTH OF ITCZ.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.