Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:00:59 -0600

010 
FZPN01 KWBC 140400
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 14 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 170E 952 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 56N 
173E TO 55N 175W TO 49N 169W TO 30N 167E. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF 
FRONT N OF 53N...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 17 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...300 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 41N...AND 
240 NM E OF FRONT FROM 31N TO 41N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 
27 FT. ALSO N OF 48N BETWEEN 160W AND 163E...AND WITHIN 600 NM E 
OF FRONT S OF 48N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 168E 960 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM NE...1020 NM SE...1080 NM SW...AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS...
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 175E 975 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SE...1080 
NM SW...AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 
30 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING LOW 41N 171E 988 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. 
WITHIN 720 NM SW AND 480 NM REMAINING W QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 174W 963 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 53N 163W TO 41N 169W TO 30N 175E. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN AN AREA E OF FRONT AND 
W OF A LINE FROM 53N 151W TO 39N 167W...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 
18 TO 28 FT. ALSO WITHIN 1080 NM E...300 NM S AND W...AND 300 NM 
N QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN AN AREA E OF FRONT AND W OF A LINE FROM 
48N 146W TO 30N 173W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 61N 166W 168 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 59N 150W TO 50N 158W TO 30N 173W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT 
FROM 48N TO 56N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT OVER FORECAST WATERS...AND WITHIN AN 
AREA E OF FRONT AND W OF A LINE FROM 56N 134W TO 51N 134W TO 45N 
153W TO 30N 171W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N 137W 984 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N 
131W TO 50N 131W TO 44N 135W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 180 NM 
E OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 720 
NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 55N 142W TO 42N 129W...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N 142W 1009 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 44N 135W TO LOW CENTER 
TO 30N 145W. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT AND WITHIN 480 NM W OF A 
LINE FROM 44N 135W TO LOW CENTER TO 30N 152W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 142W 1009 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST 31N 149W 1007 MB. WITHIN 900 NM NE AND 360 NM 
NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 44N BETWEEN 121W AND 130W AREA OF 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 157W TO 56N 152W MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 178W TO 57N 170W MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 47N TO 55N BETWEEN 150W AND 165W AND 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 47N 165W TO 38N 174W DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM E OF A LINE FROM 57N 151W TO 48N 
160W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 42N 157W 1031 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 144W 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 133W 1044 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON JAN 14
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE JAN 15
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED JAN 16

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 28N W OF 137W S WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  
ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N W OF 135W SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT  
SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 100W...EXCEPT 
GULF OF CALIFORNIA...WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N W OF 137W SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT  
SEAS 11 TO 13FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 
100W...EXCEPT GULF OF CALIFORNIA...WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 10N FROM 100W TO 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 11N68W 11N88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF 11N68W 10N87W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 FT.
.30 HOURS WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0315 UTC MON JAN 14...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N78W 6N84W 5N90W 9N119W  
6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM N OF ITCZ FROM 115W TO 
122W.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.