Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:55:26 -0600

273 
WWPS21 NFFN 062100    
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 06/2254 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL DISTURDANCE TD [1008HPA] ANALYSED NEAR 19.0S 175.0W AT
072100UTC AND IS SLOW MOVING. POSITION FAIR BASED ON MTSAT VIS/IR
IMAGERY WITH ANIMATION AND PERIPHERAL SURFACE OSERVATION WITH SST
AROUND 28-29 DEGREE CELCIUS.
CONVECTION HAS SLIGHTLY INCREASED FOR THE LAST 24 HOURS DUE TO
DIURNAL VARIATION WITH NOT MUCH ORGANISATION AROUND THE SYSTEM.
SYSTEM IS MORE OF A LOW TO MID LEVEL CIRCULATION. TD LIES UNDERNEATH
[250HPA] A UPPER TROUGH WITH MODERATE SHEAR ALOFT BUT IN A HIGH
ENVIRONMETAL SHEAR TO THE SOUTH, ASSOCIATED WITH AN INTENSE SURFACE
RIDGE. GLOBAL MODELS [AVN,EC,GFS] HAS ANALYSED THE SYSTEM WITH SLOW
MOVEMENT. POTENTIAL FOR THE SYSTEM TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE
IN THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS IS LOW TO MODERATE.     

NO SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN THE
AREA.           

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.