Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:58:29 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 161200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/161200Z-170600ZJAN2008//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/160751ZJAN2008//
REF/B/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/160752ZJAN2008//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 160600Z, TROPICAL DEPRESSION 01W WAS LOCATED NEAR
7.1N 109.0E, APPROXIMATELY 265 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF HO CHI MINH,
VIETNAM, AND HAD TRACKED WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 08 KNOTS OVER THE PAST
06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 20
KNOTS GUSTING TO 30 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 160900) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 160600Z, TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12P (FUNA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 15.1S 164.6E, APPROXIMATELY 740 NM WEST OF NADI, FIJI, AND
HAD TRACKED EAST-NORTHEASTWARD AT 08 KNOTS OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45
KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTPS31 PGTW 160900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.4S
163.3E, IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA
2.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPDATED AREA IN PARA 1.A.(1) AND
UPGRADED AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1) TO WARNING STATUS.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.