Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:18:26 -0600

290 
FZPN01 KWBC 021618
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 02 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 46N 176E 990 MB MOVING E 35 KT AND INTENSIFYING. FRONT 
EXTENDS FROM 44N 160W TO 41N 180 TO 36N 170E. WITHIN 300 NM S 
AND E OF FRONT N OF 34N...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 157W 968 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W 
QUADRANT...AND FROM 42N TO 48N BETWEEN 155W AND 163W...WINDS 40 
TO 60 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 38N TO 51N BETWEEN 
149W AND 167W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 136W 962 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 47N 
137W TO 45N 130W TO 42N 128W TO 39N 128W TO 32N 136W. BETWEEN 
180 NM AND 540 NM SW QUADRANT...AND FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 133W 
AND 140W...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
33N TO 44N BETWEEN FRONT AND 150W...AND WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED 
BY 50N 167W...40N 152W...40N 138W...48N 139W...50N 167W...WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 30 FT. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT BETWEEN 
35N AND 45N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N 144W 1000 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...AND FROM 32N AND 39N BETWEEN 145W 
AND 160W...ALSO FROM 34N AND 42N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W...WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 132W 993 MB. WITHIN 420 NM E...600 NM 
S...240 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ALSO FROM 34N TO 44N BETWEEN 131W AND 140W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 130W 987 MB. FROM 38N TO 46N E OF 
127W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 
50N E OF 130W...ALSO S OF 45N BETWEEN 125W AND 133W...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 142W 966 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 48N TO 53N BETWEEN 
130W AND 152W...ALSO WITHIN 420 NM E SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 140W 973 MB. N OF 54N BETWEEN 134W AND 
139W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 139W 979 MB. CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 178W 983 MB MOVING E 10 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM N 
AND NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 164E 982 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 179E 990 MB. FROM 46N TO 53N BETWEEN 
168W AND 176E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 163E 991 MB. FROM 46N TO 50N BETWEEN 
163E AND 175E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 44N TO 51N W OF 176E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 167E 999 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 165E 1010 MB. S OF 37N BETWEEN 164E 
AND 176E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 177E 1001 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND E 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
40N TO 44N BETWEEN 173E AND 174W...ALSO FROM 35N TO 50N BETWEEN 
168E AND 173W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 58N 162W TO 61N 177W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 36N TO 47N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E AREAS OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 46N BETWEEN 155W AND 170W AREAS OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.HIGH 31N 170W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 167W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED JAN 02
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU JAN 03
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI JAN 04

.WARNINGS.
...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 13N97W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 60 KT SEAS 
14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 
14N95W 12N99W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 
12N99W NELY WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 8N108W NELY WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 
9N104W NELY WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 KT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS.  WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N95W 14N96W 11N100W 11N112W NELY WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS.  FROM 4N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 115W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS.  FROM 4N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 115W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 16N TO THE EQUATOR BETWEEN 92W AND 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 7N TO 13N E OF 92W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT AND GUSTY SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 200 NM EITHER DIE OF LINE 13N88W 7N95W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT AND GUSTY SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 200 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 13N88W 7N95W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

.N OF 5N E OF 81W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 3N FROM 79W TO 83W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 4N FROM 79W TO 84W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT AND GUSTY SEAS TO 10 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 17N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT. S OF 8N W OF 130W SE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT WITH NE SWELL. 
N OF 17N BETWEEN 115W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 15N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITH NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 15N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITH NW SWELL. 

.NW OF LINE 30N134W 26N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N W OF 129W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N125W 15N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N W OF 121W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM 30N117W 
15N125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC WED JAN 2...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 8N105W 8N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM OF 7.7N126.7W.
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 9N TO 11N FROM 110W TO 121W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF 8.5N139.5W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER LL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.