Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:07:08 -0600

751 
FZPN01 KWBC 161607
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 16 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N 173W 964 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 480 NM 
N QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE
WITHIN 600 NM SE...720 NM N...780 NM NW AND 900 NM S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 169W 966 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 62N
166W TO 51N 173W. WITHIN 600 NM E AND SW...780 NM SE AND 900 NM 
S QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 420 NM W OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 167W 967 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W...540 NM 
S...600 NM NW AND 780 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 
TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 155W 980 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N 163W
TO LOW CENTER TO 46N 149W TO 40N 151W TO 32N 159W. WITHIN 240 NM 
NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 38N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 25 FT.
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND DISSIPATED. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 55N 146W TO 48N 146W TO 40N 146W TO 32N 151W. WITHIN 240 NM 
E OF FRONT N OF 45N...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT N OF 40N...AND 360 NM E OF 
FRONT S OF 40N...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N 137W 1000 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
57N 137W TO LOW CENTER TO 40N 142W TO 30N 149W. WITHIN 360 NM E
OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 360 NM W OF FRONT S OF 44N...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N 165E 988 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 480 NM N AND 720 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH NEW LOW 45N 163E 987 MB.
WITHIN 840 NM S QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM N 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 170E 989 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 177E 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 15 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 161W 981 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 540 
NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 13 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 175E 988 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM S AND 600 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS
14 TO 23 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 145W 993 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 171W TO 58N 176E AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 57N 171W TO 55N 180 TO 57N 175E 
AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 56N 172W TO 56N 174E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 149W AND 155W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 58N BETWEEN 136W AND 145W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 52N BETWEEN 135W AND 141W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 47N 132W 1030 MB MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N 133W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF THE AREA.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT FEB 16
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN FEB 17
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON FEB 18

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 10N TO 16N FROM 120W TO 130W  NE TO E WIND TO 20 KT 
SEAS 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE N OF 8N W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  
SEAS TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 20N TO 28N W OF 132W  SE WIND 20 KT SEAS 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.  FROM 9N TO 20N BETWEEN 110W AND 133W  NE 
WIND 20 KT  SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 27N W OF 135W  S WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS TO 
8 FT IN NW SWELL.  FROM 9N TO 20N W OF 125W  NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS 
10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO
NE TO E WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA  S OF 25N AND FROM 18N TO 23N E OF 110W
N WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 27N AND FROM 18N TO 
23N E OF 110W  NW WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.  

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1445 UTC SAT FEB 16...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.