Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:57:55 -0600

784 
FZPN01 KWBC 270357
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 27 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 164E 963 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 540 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 900 NM NE AND 1260 NM SE QUADRANTS...
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 171E 970 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SE AND 960 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N 179W 980 MB. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS N AND W OF A LINE FROM 48N 152W TO 50N 176E TO 44N 
171E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 134W 994 MB MOVING S 25 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 540 NM 
W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 125W 993 MB. WITHIN 960 NM SW AND 720 
NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 127W 1001 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 30N 130W 1000 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 40N 
126W TO 30N 123W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 780 NM NW 
QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 13 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 124W 1000 MB. FROM 30N TO 39N E OF 
131W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED. FROM 32N TO 35N BETWEEN 117W AND 
122W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 11 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 45N BETWEEN 146W AND 161W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N 147W 994 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
NE...960 NM SE...480 NM SW...AND 120 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 
TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 159W AND 165W AREA OF S TO SE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N 161E 1014 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 13 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN POSITION NEAR 39N 179E 
1011 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 180 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 

.FROM 38N TO 59N BETWEEN 158W AND 180 DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 55N BETWEEN 149W AND 163W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 42N BETWEEN 167W AND 178E DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 

.N AND E OF A LINE FROM 59N 147W TO 57N 139W LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N AND E OF A LINE FROM 58N 143W TO 53N 135W 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF A LINE FROM 52N 171E TO 47N 162E LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.HIGH 35N 154W 1035 MB MOVING SW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 155W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 158W 1032 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 41N 176W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 155W 1032 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN JAN 27
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON JAN 28
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE JAN 29

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT 30N123W 20N128W 17N140W. N OF 25N WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
FRONT SE TO S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. N OF 26N W OF 
FRONT W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT IN NW TO N 
SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT SE TO S 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. W OF FRONT NW TO N WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW TO N SWELL EXCEPT 12 TO 18 FT N OF 20N.
.18 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N117W 20N122W. N OF 27N E OF 
FRONT TO BAJA COAST S TO SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. N OF 25N BETWEEN FRONT AND 132W W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT NW TO N WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS 11 TO 17 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N115W 20N121W. N OF 26N BETWEEN 
120W AND 130W W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 11 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 18N W OF 116W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 
FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 27N108W 18N120W. N OF 28N W OF BAJA 
COAST TO 120W NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 22N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN NW TO N SWELL. FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 5N TO 22N W OF 112W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.

.LOW 13N124W 1010 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 420 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. W OF LINE 17N128W 
9N140W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. W OF LINE 18N119W 7N140W NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 
35 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS 
TO 35 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W 
10N100W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 5N TO 13N BETWEEN 92W AND 104W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NE SWELL.

.FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 92W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT IN E SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 92W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED E 
AND SW SWELL.

.N OF 7N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 6N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF PANAMA...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.

.FROM 23N TO 25N E OF 109W NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 30N S WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0315 UTC SUN JAN 27...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 2N78W 5N90W 10N120W 8N130W 
8N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.