Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:45:08 -0600

515 
FZPN40 PHFO 202245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN JAN 20 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 20 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 21 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 22 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

FRONT 30N 174W 27N 177W 24N 177E MOVING ENE SLOWLY AND WEAKENING. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 200 NM SE OF FRONT N OF 26N. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 29N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 172W 28N 174W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT N OF AREA.

RIDGE 30N 163W 23N 180 29N 160E MOVING N 10 KT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 167E 23N 160E. SW TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT NW OF LINE 30N 173E 27N 160E.

EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 18N E OF 146W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 19N BETWEEN 
151W AND 163W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 25N BETWEEN
151W AND 172W.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 13 TO 18 FT N OF LINE 30N 164W 26N 172E 26N 160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT SE OF LINE 10N 140W EQ 155W...WITHIN 180 NM OF LINE 30N 151W 18N 
158W AND SW OF LINE EQ 180 10N 167E 08N 160E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT 
ELSEWHERE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS NE OF LINE 25N 140W 30N 145W 
AND S OF LINES 08N 140W 12N 151W EQ 170W AND EQ 172W 10N 165E 07N 
160E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SE OF LINE 08N 140W EQ 170W... 
SW OF LINE EQ 175E 10N 166E 10N 160E AND WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 30N 
174E 23N 160E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE.

ITCZ 09N 140W 02N 170W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.