Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 05:00:26 -0600

695 
FZPN40 PHFO 091100
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED JAN 09 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 09 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 10 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 11 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
COLD FRONT 30N 170E 28N 160E MOVING E 40 KT.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF 
28N BETWEEN 165E AND 180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 171W 27N 173W.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
28N BETWEEN 165W AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 150W 25N 157W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 KT 
OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 155W 25N 163W 22N 173W MOVING E 10 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 151W 24N 164W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 KT 
OR LESS.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 07N AND 14N E OF 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 06N AND 16N E OF 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 07N AND 14N W OF 160W.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 173E 27N 162E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
BETWEEN 170E AND 177E N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 176W 26N 177E.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 KT 
OR LESS. 

HIGH 1919MB MOVING E 10 KT.  RIDGES THRU 26N 160E AND THRU 27N 170W 
28N 164W.

RIDGE 27N 140W 20N 165W 20N 173W NEARLY STATIONARY.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 25 FT N OF A LINE 30N 172E 16N 180 30N 156W.  SEAS 8 FT 
OR LESS S 08N W OF 158W.  SEAS 8 TO 14 FT REST OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE 30N 175E 15N 160W 30N 
147W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 06N W OF 160W.  SEAS 8 TO 14 FT REST 
OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF 22N E OF 154W.  SEAS 8 FT OR 
LESS N OF 22N W OF 167E AND S OF 04N W OF 175E.  SEAS 8 TO 14 FT 
REST OF AREA.

ITCZ...06N 140W 06N 150W 08N 169W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
270 NM N OF THE ITCZ W OF 147W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.