Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:45:12 -0600

054 
FZPN40 PHFO 081645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI FEB 08 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 08 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 09 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 10 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS. NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THROUGH 30N172E 24N160E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 25 TO 30 
KT WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT AND W OF FRONT N OF 29N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT 30N175E 20N160E MOVING E 30 KT.
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N W OF 180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FRONT 30N170W 23N180 22N170E. WIND 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAKENING FRONT 30N157W 26N166W THENCE STATIONARY FRONT THRU 
25N170W 25N180E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 20 KT AND WEAKENING. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH 14N150W 09N150W MOVING W 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 240 NM OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 16N152W 12N152W. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 240 NM OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 16N154W 12N154W. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 240 NM OF TROUGH..

.RIDGE 30N178W 23N170E 21N160E MOVING E 15 KT.

E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 05N TO 15N BETWEEN 180 AND 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS EXCEPT NEAR TROUGH 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 148W AND 180. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS 
BETWEEN 26N AND 20N W OF 170E. OTHERWISE SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NORTH OF LINE 30N148W 24N160W 
25N167W AND N OF 28N W OF 175E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS W OF 170E 
BETWEEN 12N AND 26N. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 16 TO 18 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 173W AND 170E. 
SEAS 12 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N170W 26N180 25N170E 
30N164E. OTHERWISE SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.  

.ITCZ...07N140W 10N148W 11N150W 07N160W 06N170W 05N180 04N162E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 140W AND 
165W... AND W OF 175W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.