Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:45:13 -0600

274 
FZPN40 PHFO 131645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED FEB 13 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 13 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 14 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 15 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 1002MB 30N162E MOVING NE 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT N OF 24N W 
OF 172E. WARM FRONT FROM LOW THRU 27N170E THENCE STATIONARY FRONT 
THRU 23N176E 23N179W 25N170W THENCE COLD FRONT THRU 30N162W. COLD 
FRONT MOVING E 15 KT AND SLOWING. ALSO COLD FRONT FROM LOW THRU 
27N163E 24N160E MOVING NE 25 KT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF FCST AREA. SEE FZPN KWBC FOR MORE 
DETAILS.  COLD FRONT FROM LOW THRU 30N177E 26N170E 20N160E. 
WARM FRONT THRU 30N176W 26N170W THENCE STATIONARY FRONT THRU 
26N167W 27N160W THENCE COLD FRONT THRU 30N152W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 25N BETWEEN 170W AND 170E. STATIONARY FRONT BECOMING WARM FRONT 
AND MOVE NE 25 KT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 30N 174W 24N175E 19N160E.
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 160W FRONT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.HIGH 1020 MB NEAR 29N 179W MOVING ENE 40 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED WELL N OF FCST WATERS.

.RIDGE THRU 30N150W 21N170W 19N170E 18N160E. PORTION OF RIDGE E OF 
180 DISSIPATING BY 140600 UTC. OTHERWISE NEARLY STATIONARY.

.ELSEWHERE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 25 FT N OF A LINE 30N160W 23N170W 20N180 22N170E.
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 15N140W 05N170W 07N175E 
17N175E 19N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE 30N147W 20N160W 
15N170W 17N178E. SEAS ELSEWHERE 9 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE 14N140W 
05N160W EQ 170W 10N170E 20N168E 20N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 23N E OF 155W. SEAS 12 TO
18 FT N OF A LINE 30N172E 23N160E. SEAS ELSEWHERE 9 TO 13 FT N OF 
A LINE 14N140W 04N170W 07N170E 24N172W 23N165E.

OTHERWISE SEAS LESS THAN 9 FT.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.