Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:17:21 -0600

996 
ATPQ40 PGUM 041517
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST SAT JAN 5 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS WESTWARD FROM 25N160E TO EAST OF MINAMI TORI 
SHIMA AT 25N156E...THEN SOUTHWESTWARD THROUGH ANATAHAN NEAR 16N146E 
TO END AT 12N138E. WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY LIGHT RAIN ARE 
FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY BETWEEN 
12N138E AND 21N154E. A NEARBY SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES NORTHEASTWARD 
FROM 12N152E TO 25N157E...SCATTERED SHOWERS WITH LOW CLOUD TOPS ARE 
SEEN WITHIN 250 MILES OF A LINE FROM 21N158E TO 25N163E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS IN A LARGE AREA WITHIN 250 MILES OF A LINE FROM 4N155E 
TO 10N169E. THIS AREA INCLUDES POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND KWAJALEIN BUT IS 
SOUTHEAST OF CHUUK AND NORTHWEST OF MAJURO. MID AND HIGH LEVEL 
CLOUDINESS ASSOCIATED WITH EARLIER CONVECTION IS LINGERING BETWEEN 
MAJURO AND THE DATELINE WITHIN 250 MILES OF A LINE FROM 8N170E TO 
12N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.