Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 21:27:36 -0600

128 
ATPQ40 PGUM 030327
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST SUN FEB 3 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE REACHES WESTWARD FROM 23N163E TO END AT 20N145E. 
EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 
200 MILES NORTH OF THE BOUNDARY.

AN OLD SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N170E TO END AT 
16N150E. PATCHY CLOUDS AND SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG 
AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS EASTWARD FROM 2N130E TO END AT EQ139E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE SEEN WELL SOUTH OF 
PALAU OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 5N130E TO EQ140E. TRADE CONVERGENCE 
NORTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS IS ALSO CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF KOROR AND YAP WITHIN 70 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
6N134E TO 7N137E TO 4N141E TO EQ141E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF CHUUK OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM EQ143E TO 
5N147E TO 6N156E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER 
POHNPEI...KOSRAE...KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO TO THE DATELINE BETWEEN 3N 
AND 10N FROM 157E TO 180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.