Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:03:04 -0600

154 
FZPN01 KWBC 170359
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FEB 17 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...   
.LOW 58N 151W 982 MB MOVING N 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 57N 144W 
TO 47N 147W TO 39N 150W TO 30N 157W. WITHIN 120 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 59N 147W TO 56N 137W...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM N AND 240 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...AND 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND DISSIPATED. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 60N 145W TO 50N 140W TO 40N 141W TO 33N 146W. WITHIN 360 NM 
E OF FRONT...AND N OF 55N BETWEEN 143W AND 157W...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 59N 146W TO 
54N 135W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...  
.LOW 36N 168E 1002 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 420 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
15 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 174W 983 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 660 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 164W 974 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SW AND 180 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 159W 973 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 51N 156W TO 38N 145W...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...   
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 33N 164E 1002 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 480 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 173W 982 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 30N 180. WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 42N AND W OF 
164W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...   
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N 153W 990 MB. WITHIN 300 NM 
SE...540 NM SW AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
12 TO 23 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 145W 983 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 240 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 142W 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 360 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 35N TO 53N BETWEEN 130W AND 147W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
11 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N 172W 964 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 720 NM N AND 900 NM 
S AND SE QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 660 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 168W 966 MB. WITHIN 900 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND 600 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 169W 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E...300 NM 
S AND 480 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...   
.LOW 45N 160E 987 MB MOVING E 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
600 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 165E 988 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 39N 173W ABOVE. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...  
.N OF A LINE FROM 55N 171W TO 56N 174E AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 55N 172W TO 56N 174E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 56N 173W TO 57N 175E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 41N TO 57N BETWEEN 138W AND 150W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 59N BETWEEN 137W AND 142W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 53N BETWEEN 134W AND 143W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 50N 129W 1031 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 31N 130W 1026 MB MOVING SE 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 130W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.
.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN FEB 17
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON FEB 18
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE FEB 19

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 10N TO 17N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT  
SEAS 10 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 7N W OF 110W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT  
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NW HALF. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 15N W OF 133W  NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 18N105W 
7N105W EQ120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL
...HIGHEST SEAS NE PORTION.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 14N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT  
SEAS 9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 18N W OF 102W AND FROM 
18N TO 27N E OF 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA  S OF 27N AND FROM 18N TO 23N BETWEEN 105W 
AND 110W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 27N AND FROM 18N TO 
23N BETWEEN 105W AND 110W  NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.  

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC SUN FEB 17...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...4N77W 9N84W 5N102W 7N125W 
5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 2N TO 7N BETWEEN 
82W AND 90W...AND FROM 13N TO 15N BETWEEN 136W AND 138W.  

$$
FORECASTER COBB
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.