Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:29:35 -0600

841 
ATHW40 PHFO 280529
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC MON JAN 28 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 28 2008

A COUPLE OF FAIRLY WEAK UPPER LOWS SOUTHWEST OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS 
WERE GENERATING SOME CLOUDS AND WEATHER MOSTLY REMAINING SOUTH OF 
20N. ONE LOW ABOUT 525 MILES SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI WAS GENERATING 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 17N AND 20N FROM 163W TO 168W.  THIS 
LOW WAS MOVING SLOWLY SOUTH.

ANOTHER LOW WAS ABOUT 475 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  IT WAS 
PRODUCING A SWATH OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST CIRRUS MOSTLY BETWEEN 12N 
AND 18N FROM 165W TO 153W.  BUT SOME OF THE CIRRUS ALONG THE 
NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SWATH WAS JUST MAKING TO THE BIG ISLAND.  THIS 
SECOND LOW WAS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST-NORTHEAST.

A MORE DISTINCT AND STRONGER UPPER LOW WAS APPROACHING FROM THE 
NORTH.  IT WAS ABOUT 600 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU NEAR 30N 
153W.  THIS LOW CURRENTLY HAD NO SIGNIFICANT CLOUDINESS ASSOCIATED 
WITH IT AND WAS MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEAST NEAR 17 MILES AN HOUR.

MEANWHILE...PERSISTENT TRADE WINDS CONTINUE TO DRIVE PATCHES AND 
SMALL CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS INTO THE STATE.  
THESE LOW CLOUDS WERE COMMON NORTH AND EAST OF THE ISLANDS OUT TO 
30N AND 140W.  THE LOW CLOUDS SEEN JUST UPWIND OF THE BIG ISLAND 
AND MAUI WERE MOVING WEST NEAR 25 MILES AN HOUR.  THOSE JUST EAST OF 
KAUAI WERE MOVING WEST BETWEEN 30 AND 35 MILES AN HOUR.

AT 7 PM...SKIES WERE PARTLY CLOUDY TO MOSTLY CLEAR OVER THE GREATER 
PART OF THE STATE...ESPECIALLY OVER THE WATERS IMMEDIATELY DOWNWIND 
OF THE STATE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.