Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:16:14 -0600

820 
ATPQ40 PGUM 250316
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST FRI JAN 25 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

HIGH PRESSURE AND DRY NORTHEAST TRADE-WIND FLOW PREVAIL OVER MUCH 
OF MICRONESIA TODAY WITH VERY LITTLE CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY. NORTH OF 
THE EQUATOR...A  SMALL AREA OF SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS EXISTS SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 5N130E TO 2N145E DUE TO 
WEAK CONVERGENCE IN THE CROSS-EQUATORIAL FLOW. THIS IS WELL SOUTH OF 
PALAU AND YAP. OTHERWISE...SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS MAINLY HIGH-LEVEL 
CIRRUS WITH ONLY SMALL POCKETS OF SHOWERS SOUTH OF THE MARIANAS AND 
EASTWARD TO THE DATELINE.

TO THE NORTH...REMNANTS OF A SHEAR LINE EAST OF WAKE ISLAND ALONG 
20N AND EAST OF 175E IS CAUSING AN AREA OF LOW-LEVEL CLOUDINESS AND 
SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS. FINALLY...WELL TO THE NORTHWEST OF THE 
MARIANAS A LARGE AREA OF SCATTERED SHOWERS AND MID- TO LOW-LEVEL 
CLOUD COVER EXISTS IN THE COOL POLAR NORTHERLY FLOW NORTH OF 18N AND 
WEST OF 140E AND ALSO NORTH OF 20N BETWEEN 140E AND 160E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.