Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:27:22 -0600

918 
FZPN01 KWBC 140127
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 13 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 171E 955 MB MOVING W 15 KT AND WILL TURN SE. FRONT 
EXTENDS FROM 55N 172E TO 53N 180 TO 48N 173W...THEN SW TO 34N 
172E TO 30N 164E. WITHIN 180 NM N OF FRONT W OF 173W...E TO SE 
WINDS 50 TO 70 KT SEAS 18 TO 35 FT. WITHIN 360 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT N OF 35N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
480 NM NE AND 600 NM E OF FRONT...WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 
OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 44N 160E TO 40N 172E TO 
30N 160E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 165E 951 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 59N 
180 TO 60N 170W TO 54N 159W. WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER...EXCEPT 
OUT TO 180 NM SW QUADRANT AND FROM 40N TO 45N W OF 162E...WINDS 
40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1080 NM S...240 
NM E AND 180 NM N QUADRANTS...AND OVER ICE FREE WATERS N OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT...EXCEPT 20 TO 30 FT 
S OF 44N... HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 38N 168E.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 172E 969 MB. FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 
177E AND 164E...WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 24 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 34N TO 51N W OF 175W...AND WITHIN 480 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N 175E 969 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 54N 159W...AND FROM 50N 167W TO 41N 172W TO 30N 
173E. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND E OF FRONT N OF 42N AND 300 NM E OF 
FRONT FROM 34N TO 42N...S TO SW WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 960 NM SE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 480 NM E OF 
FRONT S OF 35N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 171W 955 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N 166W 961 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM OF CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 31N 153W 1012 MB MOVING E 20 KT. N OF 30N...WITHIN 240 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 142W 1011 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER NE TO 42N 130W. WITHIN 360 NM N AND 240 NM W QUADRANTS 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 17 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM NW 
AND 300 NM E SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 148W 1013 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND 360 
NM N QUADRANTS AND FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 135W AND 150W...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 136W 987 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N 
136W TO LOW CENTER AT 38N 145W. WITHIN 360 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 
35 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SE 
QUADRANT AND 180 NM S AND E SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 61N 127W 998 MB. TRAILING FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM 50N 125W TO 41N 130W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT...S 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N 147W 1000 MB MOVING E 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. OVER FORECAST WATERS E OF A 
LINE FROM 58N 146W TO 50N 142W TO 42N 138W...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED 
WITH INLAND LOW 61N 127W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N 144W 1009 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 420 
NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
FORECAST LOW 33N 141W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 48N 166W 999 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
60N 150W TO 50N 160W TO 33N 171W. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT 
BETWEEN 42N AND 54N...SW WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. 
ELSEWHERE BETWEEN FRONT AND A LINE FROM 55N 134W TO 44N 154W TO 
33N 167W...AND WITHIN 180 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 57N 163W TO 55N 153W MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 58N 163W TO 57N 158W MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 60N 179W TO 58N 169W MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.48 HOUR FORECAST E OF A LINE FROM 36N 125W TO 40N 134W TO 44N 
128W...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.

.WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 50N 135W TO 40N 142W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED AND VSBY IMPROVED.

.FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 160 AND 167W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 420 NM SE AND E OF A LINE FROM 54N 162W 
TO 50N 170W TO 42N 174W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY 
BELOW 1 NM.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM E OF A LINE FROM 57N 152W TO 40N 
171W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.

.HIGH 43N 159W 1029 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 146W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N 134W 1046 MB. 

.HIGH 32N 169W 1027 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY HIGH 44N 146W. 

.FORECASTER PROSISE. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN JAN 13
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON JAN 14
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE JAN 15

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 27N W OF 137W  SE WIND 20 KT  SEAS 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  
ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS N OF 27N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 25N W OF 135W  SE TO S WIND 20 TO 25 KT  
SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 105W...EXCEPT GULF OF 
CALIFORNIA...WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT ENTERING NW CORNER OF E PAC.  N OF 
25N W OF 135W  SE TO S WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 13N W OF 105W...EXCEPT GULF OF CALIFORNIA...WIND 
LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  S OF 13N FROM 96W 
TO 117W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 11N68W 11N88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF 11N68W 10N87W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOURS WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 26N  NW WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N  NW WIND 20 KT 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N  NW WIND 20 KT  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 11N86W 10N89W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2115 UTC SUN JAN 13...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W  5N80W 7N86W  5N96W  
9N119W  5N130W 4N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ FROM 115W TO 127W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES/CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.