Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 04:45:10 -0600

264 
FZPN40 PHFO 111045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI JAN 11 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 11 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 12 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 13 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

DISSIPATING COLD FRONT THRU 30N 152N 160W 22N 168W MOVING E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

COLD FRONT THRU 30N 175W 26N 175E 25N 160E MOVING E 35 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 170W AND 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 160W 26N 166W 22N 180.
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 155W AND 176W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 151W 25N 156W 21N 162W.
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 149W AND 163W.

RIDGE THRU 29N 140W 25N 150W 24N 158W...CONTINUING THRU 24N 162W 24N 
177E...NEARLY STATIONARY.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 24N AND 09N W OF 180.
.24 HR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 20N AND 08N W OF 
170W.
.48 HR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 21N AND 07N FROM 
160W TO 165E.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 15N AND 07N FROM 150W TO 165W.
.24 HR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 12 TO 15 FT BETWEEN 19N AND 03N FROM 148W TO 175W...ALSO N OF 
17N E OF 155W...AND ELSEWHERE N OF 27N BETWEEN 177W TO 170E.
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT OVER REST OF AREA EXCEPT BETWEEN 22N AND 16N W OF 
177E AND S OF 04N W OF 180.
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 20 TO 28 FT N OF A LINE 30N 167W 27N 176W 
30N 178W. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N 157W 24N 180 
30N 170E. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 22N 160E 12N 148W EQ 
147W EQ 173W 06N 180 09N 167E 05N 160E. REST OF AREA SEAS 9 TO 10 FT.
. 48 HR FORECAST SEAS 20 TO 26 FT N OF A LINE 30N 155W 26N 160W 
24N 167W 30N 167W. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N 148W 
14N 180 30N 179W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT EXCEPT 9 FT OR LESS BETWEEN 
29N AND 25N W OF 167E.

ITCZ...07N 140W 07N 167W 04N 175E 04N 160E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 155W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.