Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:45:10 -0600

470 
FZPN40 PHFO 160445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED JAN 16 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 16 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 17 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 18 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N 174W 22N 170E...THEN SHEAR LINE THROUGH 21N 160E. 
FRONT MOVING E 20 KT AND SHEAR LINE MOVING SE SLOWLY. SW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N. ALSO...NE WINDS 20 TO
25 KT WITHIN 240 NM N OF SHEAR LINE W OF 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK COLD FRONT 30N 165W 23N 180. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH 30N 143W 23N 142W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT 30N 161E 29N 160E. SW WINDS 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 175E 22N 160E. SW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT.

RIDGE 30N 160E 26N 173E MOVING E 20 KT.

RIDGE 30N 164W 24N 174W 22N 178E MOVING E SLOWLY.

SEAS 9 TO 18 FT N OF OF A LINE THROUGH 14N 160E EQ 180 EQ 150W
10N 140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE THROUGH 20N 160E
10N 180 20N 170W 30N 153W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
THROUGH 10N 160E 01N 180 04N 160W 13N 140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 15 FT N OF 05N W OF 158W.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF 
AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 162W AND 170W.

ITCZ...05N 140W 05N 160W 05N 180 05N 170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 175W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.