Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:56:09 -0600

599 
TXPS40 PHFO 171756
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1755 UTC THU JAN 17 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA NEAR 16.5S 171.0E AT 17/1630 UTC BASED ON 
MTSAT 4 KM IR RESOLUTION IMAGERY AND ANIMATION. POSITION ACCURATE 
WITHIN 30 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND SPEED 65 KT. 
MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARDS 145 DEGREES AT 13 KT OVER THE PAST 6 
HOURS.

T4.0/4.0/D1.0/24 HOURS

REMARKS...CONVECTIVE BAND WRAPS 0.9 ON A LOG10 SPIRAL YIELDING A 
3.5. THE MAJORITY OF THE BAND IS WHITE...ADDING ANOTHER 0.5 AND 
GIVING A DT OF 4.0. MET AND PAT AGREE. GOOD AMSU-B AND TRMM PASSES 
AROUND 1330 UTC PROVIDE GREATER CONFIDENCE IN THE CENTER POSITION.

$$

WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.