Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:00:08 -0600

573 
ATHW40 PHFO 160500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT FEB 16 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC FEBRUARY 16 2008

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS...SOME WITH ACCOMPANYING LIGHT SHOWERS...ARE 
BEGINNING TO DISSIPATE OVER THE INTERIOR...MAUKA AND UPSLOPE 
SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES THIS EARLY EVENING.  COASTAL AREAS 
ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY...THOUGH BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
ARE IMPACTING THE NORTH AND NORTHEAST COASTS OF KAUAI...NORTHEAST 
OAHU...AND COASTAL PORTIONS OF THE KAU AND KONA DISTRICTS ON THE BIG 
ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS NEAR 15 MPH STATEWIDE...FROM THE EAST 
JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND VEERING TOWARD THE SOUTH MOVING UP 
THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE PASSING BY TO THE SOUTH/SOUTHEAST 
OF THE BIG ISLAND.  AREAS OF BROKEN LOWER CLOUDINESS ARE LOCATED 
SOUTH OF OAHU...AND SOUTHWEST CLOCKWISE THROUGH NORTHWEST...AND 
IMMEDIATELY NORTHEAST...OF KAUAI.  CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO 
SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

THE LEADING EDGE OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH A 
COLD FRONT IS ABOUT 575 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.  THE BOUNDARY IS 
MOVING TOWARD THE EAST NEAR 35 MPH NORTH OF 27N...WHILE SOUTH OF 
THAT LATITUDE THE FRONT IS MOVING EASTWARD AT 10 TO 15 MPH.  LOOKING 
AT THE AREA SOUTH OF 30N...MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS WITH THE SYSTEM IS 
NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 26N170W TO 23N180.  MIDWAY ATOLL 
IS NORTH OF THE FRONT...AND ITS MOST RECENT SURFACE OBSERVATION 
SHOWS BROKEN LOW TO MIDDLE LEVEL CLOUDINESS AND WINDS FROM THE WEST 
NEAR 10 MPH.

THE AXIS OF A NORTH/NORTHEAST-TO-SOUTH/SOUTHWEST ORIENTED UPPER 
TROUGH IS 400 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND HAS BEEN MOVING 
TOWARD THE EAST NEAR 15 MPH.  AN AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH 
CLOUDS IS EAST OF THE TROUGH AXIS...WITH MOST OF THE CIRRUS 
CLOUDINESS FOUND FROM 13N TO 22N BETWEEN 144W AND 149W AS OF 
BULLETIN TIME.

$$ 

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.