Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:23:37 -0600

259 
ATPQ40 PGUM 230323
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST WED JAN 23 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A TROUGH EXTENDS FROM EQ135E TO 3N146E TO 2N155E TO EQ160E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE 
TROUGH CAN BE FOUND NEAR AND SOUTH OF CHUUK BETWEEN 1N AND 8N FROM 
140E TO 155E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS NORTH OF 
POHNPEI BETWEEN 10N AND 14N FROM 155E TO 163E.

TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS BETWEEN KOSRAE 
AND KWAJALEIN 125 MILES NORTH OF A LINE THAT STRETCHES FROM 8N162E 
TO 7N165E TO 6N170E.

A COLD FRONT ENTERED THE DISCUSSION AREA NEAR 25N173E AND STRETCHED 
TO 18N165E THAN CONTINUED AS A SHEAR LINE TO JUST SOUTH OF GUAM NEAR 
11N145E. A THIN BAND OF LOW CLOUDS AND SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE 
FRONT AND SHEAR LINE IS LOCATED ALONG AND UP TO 100 MILE NORTH OF 
THE BOUNDARY.

A SECONDARY COLD FRONT STRETCHES FROM 25N168E TO 22N165E TO 25N145E. 
CLOUDS AND SHOWERS CAN BE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF 
THE BOUNDARY. 

$$ 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.