Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:56:53 -0600

989 
FZPN01 KWBC 030356
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 03 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 167W 984 MB MOVING E 40 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 47N 165W 
TO 42N 171W TO 36N 178E. FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN THE FRONT AND 
170W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 
NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 144W 964 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM 
W AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT 
SEAS 19 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM W QUADRANT AND 300 NM 
E SEMICIRCLE...ALSO FROM 36N TO 47N BETWEEN 140W AND 160W...AND 
BETWEEN 43N AND 50N FROM 160W TO 170W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12
TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 130W 962 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 600 NM 
S QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 45 
TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 44 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND 540 NM W...300 NM NW...300 NM N QUADRANTS...AND FROM 33N TO 
50N E OF 130W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 136W 995 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 41N 140W TO 35N 146W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
ELSEWHERE S OF 40N BETWEEN 145W AND 160W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 129W 974 MB. FROM 41N TO 45N E OF 
133W...ALSO WITHIN 360 NM E QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 
TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N 140W 968 MB MOVING N 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM E SEMICIRCLE...300 NM NW QUADRANT...ALSO FROM 46N 
TO 54N BETWEEN 140W AND 154W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 139W 976 MB. FORECAST CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 171E 983 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 47N TO 51N BETWEEN 
164E AND 170E...ALSO FROM 43N TO 47N W OF 166E...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 177W 993 MB. FROM 47N TO 52N BETWEEN 
175W AND 175E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 45N TO 53N W OF 180...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 171E 1009 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 177W 1008 MB. FROM 34N TO 43N BETWEEN 
180 AND 167W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 152W 974 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 149W 972 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 50N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 170W...ALSO WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 58N 162W TO 61N 177W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 178E 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 164E 1005 MB. FROM 32N TO 47N W OF 
167E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.

.FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E AREAS OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.HIGH 30N 169W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 169W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 163W 1023 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU JAN 03
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI JAN 04
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT JAN 05

.WARNINGS.
...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N97W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N97W 12N101W 
NELY WINDS 30 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 15N95W 
13N97W NELY WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N97W 9N105W NELY WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 15N95W 
13N97W NELY WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 15N95W 8N105W NELY WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 15N95W 
13N97W NELY WINDS 30 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS.  WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N95W 15N96W 11N100W 11N112W NELY WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...LITTLE CHANGE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 4N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 95W AND 115W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT
IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS.  FROM 5N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 115W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 16N TO THE EQUATOR BETWEEN 92W AND 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 7N TO 13N E OF 92W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF FONSECA AND 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 13N88W 8N95W
INCLUDING GULF OF FONSECA AND PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH 
HIGHER GUSTS SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN MERGING N AND NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N88W 8N95W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN MERGING N AND NE SWELL.

.N OF 5N FROM 79W TO 81W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 4N FROM 79W TO 84W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 4N FROM 79W TO 84W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 17N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT. S OF 8N W OF 135W SE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT WITH NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 8N TO 25N BETWEEN 114W AND 124W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 15N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT WITH NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 15N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT WITH NW SWELL. 

.NW OF LINE 30N130W 21N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N W OF 125W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT SEAS 13 
FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N120W 15N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W OF 120W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM 30N116W 
10N122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0330 UTC THU JAN 3...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 4N90W 10N117W 8N130W 
9N140W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180-240 NM OF THE AXIS 
BETWEEN 103W AND 115W...AND WITHIN 90-120 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 
115W AND 138W. 

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER COBB
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.