Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:45:09 -0600

110 
FZPN40 PHFO 200445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN JAN 20 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 20 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 21 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 22 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
COLD FRONT 30N 172E 23N 160E MOVING E 35 KT. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
W OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 175W 22N 176E. ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DECREASING TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT 30N 168W 26N 179W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

WEAKENING FRONT 30N 164W 26N 169W 24N 174W MOVING E SLOWLY. 
ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN FRONT AND 156W N OF 27N.

RIDGE 30N 173W 24N 169E MOVING SE 15 KT AND ERODING FROM THE WEST.

RIDGE 30N 152W 26N 166W MOVING N 10 KT AND ERODING FROM THE WEST.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 29N 160E 26N 180 30N 168W. 
ELSEWHERE...SEAS MOSTLY 7 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 25N 160E 
23N 167E 29N 175W. SEAS 12 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 25N 170W 30N 
161W. ELSEWHERE...SEAS MOSTLY 7 TO 12 FT
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 15N 160E 
03N 179W 14N 148W. SEAS 9 FT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.

SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA W OF 174E S OF 07S.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 11N TO 19N E OF 152W.

ITCZ 08N 140W 05N 153W 05N 172W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM N AND 
90 NM S OF ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.