Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:45:13 -0600

271 
FZPN40 PHFO 221645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE JAN 22 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 22 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 23 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 24 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
COLD FRONT 30N 163E 28N 160E MOVING E 40 KT. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N W OF 170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
60 NM E OF COLD FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 177E 24N 170E 21N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 23N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 176W 25N 180 22N 170E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

DISSIPATING FRONT 30N 166W 28N 174W 28N 177E NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT E OF 178W.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 147W AND 
165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 24N 
BETWEEN 148W AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 11N TO 19N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 168W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT W OF NW FORECAST WATERS. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N W OF 163E.

RIDGE 22N 160E 22N 164E NEARLY STATIONARY.

SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 08N BETWEEN 147W AND 170W...AND IN AREA 
N OF 13N W OF 173E. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 03N BETWEEN 170W 
AND 173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 05N BETWEEN 150W AND 
178W...AND IN AREA N OF 23N W OF 170E. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 
20N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 22N W OF 170E...AND 
IN AREA N OF 22N BETWEEN 170W AND 170E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA FROM 
05N TO 22N BETWEEN 155W AND 170W...AND IN AREA N OF 24N E OF 152W.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF 
AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA S OF 05N W OF 173E.

ITCZ...07N 140W 06N 160W 03N 175W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.