Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:40:45 -0600

308 
WWPS21 NFFN 212100    
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 21/2239 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11F [996HPA] ANALYSED NEAR 15.0S 166.2W AT
211800UTC SLOW MOVING. POSITION POOR BASED ON MTSAT VIS/EIR IMAGERY
WITH ANIMATION, PERIPHERAL SURFACE OBSERVATIONS AND QUIKSCAT PASS.
SST AROUND 28-29 DEGREE CELCIUS.

RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS SHOWS A LOW LEVEL CIRCUALTION CENTRE BUT A
CENTRE IS NOT CLEARLY VISIBLE ON SATELLITE IMAGERY AND IS HARD TO
FIND. THE SYSTEM REMAINS EMBEDDED IN A SURFACE TO MID LEVEL TROUGH
WITH A MID TO HIGH LEVEL CIRCULATION ALOFT. CONVECTION IS STILL
ACTIVE IN THE NORTHERN AND EASTERN QUADRANTS AND IS SHOWING SIGNS OF
BECOMING ORGANISED. CIMMS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS IN AN AREA OF LOW
ENVIRONMENTAL SHEAR AND LIES UNDER AN UPPER LEVEL DIFLUENT FLOW
[250HPA]. A VIGOROUS MONSOONAL FLOW SUPPORTS ITS NORTHERN FLANK WHILE
GOOD SOUTHEASTERLIES SUPPORT THE SOUTH. MOST GLOBAL MODELS
[GFS/UK/GASP] DEEPEN 11F SLIGHTLY AND THEN MOVE IT SOUTHWARD.

POTENTIAL FOR THIS SYSTEM TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE
NEXT 24-48 HOURS IS MODERATE TO HIGH.    

NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN
THE AREA.           

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.