Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 21:56:51 -0600

124 
FZPN01 KWBC 010356
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 01 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 149W 969 MB MOVING N 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 38N 138W
TO 50N 138W TO 54N 149W. WITHIN 240 NM E AND NE OF FRONT WINDS 50
TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 33 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND
300 NM E AND N OF FRONT WINDS 45 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.
ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 59N BETWEEN 128W AND 163W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT
SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 147W 964 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 38N
131W TO 46N 127W TO 53N 131W. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE AND 300 NM W
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN
120 NM E AND NE OF FRONT...480 NM N SEMICIRCLE...AND 840 NM SE
AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 138W 973 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E AND 420 NM
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 166E 976 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 42N 172W
TO 54N 169E. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE OF FRONT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT
SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM N AND NE OF FRONT...420 NM S
AND SE SEMICIRCLES...AND 420 NM N OF A LINE FROM 36N 171W TO 33N
165E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 54N 170W TO 59N 179E.
WITHIN 180 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 57N 176E BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 34N TO 44N W OF 166E AREA OF SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO
15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 165E 990 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 176W 975 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 900 NM
S AND SE...AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO
20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 172E 978 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 176E 980 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E AND NE
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N 156W 1000 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND
480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 136W 985 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM N
SEMICIRCLE...420 NM SE AND 660 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO
35 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 161E 996 MB. W OF A LINE FROM 40N 171W
TO 31N 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 51N 176W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 164E 987 MB. FROM 42N TO 51N W OF
170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 160W TO 60N 179W AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 159W TO 61N 176W AREA OF
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 119W AND 128W N TO NE WINDS LESS THAN 25
KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 34N TO 51N BETWEEN 170W AND 167E AREAS OF DENSE FOG
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 48N BETWEEN 164W AND 166E AREAS OF
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 50N BETWEEN 158W AND 178E AREAS OF
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.

.HIGH 39N 127W 1026 MB MOVING S 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N 129W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA.

.HIGH 33N 168W 1029 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE JAN 01
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED JAN 02
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU JAN 03

.WARNINGS.
...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 15N95W 
13N98W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 
12N98W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 
55 KT SEAS 15 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 
12.5N97W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS. WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 10N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS. WITHIN 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 11N100W 10N110W NELY WINDS 25 
TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 9N TO 12N FROM 85.5W TO 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 12N FROM 85.5W TO 100W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE FROM 7N TO 13N FROM 85.5W TO 105W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
11N85.5W 8N100W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 7N TO 19N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 
12 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 15N W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITH NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W AND SE OF 
LINE 30N128W 20N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NLY SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W OF 133W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT SEAS 14 
FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. FROM 8N TO 14N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITH NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 
30N129W 19N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC TUE JAN 1...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...6N77W 8N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 7.4N132.3W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER LL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.