Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 02:05:26 -0600

876 
FQPS01 NFFN 030600    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE EQUATOR to 25S between 160E and
120W 
issued by Fiji Meteorological Service Feb 030800 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNINGSTORM WARNING 010 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Feb 03/0733
UTC 2008 UTC.
TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [985HPA] CATEGORY 2 WAS LOCATED NEAR 23
DECIMAL 8 SOUTH 171 DECIMAL 7 EAST AT 030600 UTC. POSITION FAIR.  

REPEAT POSITION 23.8 SOUTH 171.7 EAST AT 030600 UTC.
CYCLONE MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEAST ABOUT 08 KNOTS AND EXPECTED TO
ACCELERATE FURTHER TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST IN THE NEXT 6 TO 12
HOURS.CYCLONE WEAKENING.

EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 50 KNOTS CLOSE THE CENTRE DECREASING TO 35
KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 TO 18 HOURS.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 50 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 240 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMICIRCLE AND 
                           WITHIN 120 MILES OF CENTRE ELSEWHERE. 

FORECAST POSITION NEAR 25.1S 172.3E AT 031800 UTC 
              AND NEAR 26.57S 173.6E AT 040600 UTC.

ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI AND TCWC WELLINGTON. VOS
REPORTING SHIPS USE NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679
6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.THIS WARNING CANCELS
AND REPLACES WARNING 009. .   

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Feb 040600 UTC.

 TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE [985HPA] CENTRE WAS LOCATED NEAR 23.8S 171.7E.
IN WARNING AREA, EXPECT VERY HIGH TO HIGH SEAS.DAMAGING TO HEAVY
SWELLS. 

OUTSIDE WARNING AREA: EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 25 TO 30 KNOTS WITHIN
300 MILES OF TC CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI CIRCLE AND WITHIN 150
MILES ELSEWHERE, WITH ROUGH SEAS AND MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELL.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 07S 160E 09S 165E 15S 174E 20S 177E TO TC GENE
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
200 MILES OF CZ1 AND TC. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS WITH GUSTS UPTO 30 KNOTS WITHIN 120 MILES OF CZ1. ROUGH SEAS.

TROUGH T1 12S 160E 14S 165E 20S 172E TO TC GENE SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
080 MILES IN AREA NORTH OF 15S AND IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 120 MILES ELSEWHERE.

TROUGH T2 10S 170W 11S 165W 11S 150W 14S 140W 18S 135W SLOW MOVING.
POOR VISIBILITY IN OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND SQUALLY THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 120 MILES OF T2.

STATIONARY FRONT SF 22S 153W 21S 145W 22S 120W 25S 123W. POOR
VISIBILITY IN OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND SQUALLY THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120
MILES OF SF.

SOUTH OF 20S WEST OF 170E, SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS AND UPTO 25
KNOTS AT TIMES. ROUGH SEAS, MODERATE SWELLS. 

SOUTH OF 20S AND EAST OF CZ1, EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS
AND UPTO 25 KNOTS AT TIMES, BECOMING EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS EAST OF 160W. ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE SOUTHERLY SWELLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.