Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 08:36:02 -0600

715 
ATPQ40 PGUM 011435
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST WED JAN 2 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A FRONT BOUNDARY EXTENDS FROM 25N150E SOUTHWESTWARD TO 18N140E...
THEN 
CONTINUES ON TOWARDS THE CENTRAL PHILIPPINES CROSSING OUR AREA 
BOUNDARY AT 13N130E. WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS AND AREAS OF RAIN AND 
SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS 
BOUNDARY. 

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES FROM 6N130E TO EQ148E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND POCKETS OF ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING IN
A DIURNAL CYCLE ALONG THE TROUGH AXIS AND SOUTH TO THE EQUATOR. 
LATEST ACTIVITY IS GENERALLY TO THE SOUTH OF PALAU AND EASTWARD.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 100 
MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 4N155E TO 2N162E TO 6N180. THIS IS 
SOUTH OF POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND MAJURO. WITHIN THIS AREA SOME POCKETS 
OF THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING BETWEEN 155E AND 165E AIDED BY SOME 
ENHANCED UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE. MOST OF THE REST OF THE REGION 
SOUTH OF THE MARIANAS IS COVERED WITH UPPER-LEVEL CIRRUS... 
PARTICULARLY SOUTH OF 10N AND EAST OF 150E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.