Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:01:45 -0600

154 
FZPN01 KWBC 280401
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 28 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 179W 1006 MB AND WILL RAPIDLY 
INTENSIFY. FROM 34N TO 45N BETWEEN 171W AND 176E...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 163W 970 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 50N 157W TO 45N 154W TO 40N 164W. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 47N...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT 
SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM E 
OF FRONT N OF 43N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM N AND 600 NM S SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.FROM 46N TO 57N BETWEEN 148W AND 166W AREA OF S TO SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N 152W 990 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 
540 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 147W 987 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW OF A 
LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 54N 142W TO 49N 135W...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM N AND NE...960 NM 
SE...AND 600 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 52N 132W 997 MB. 
WITHIN 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM W AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 160E 982 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 44N AND W OF 172E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.  

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 58N 172E 970 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 900 NM S 
AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N 177E 982 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N 178W 993 MB. OVER ICE FREE WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 47N 126W 993 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 600 NM NW AND 900 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA 55N 165E 994 MB. BETWEEN 
180 NM AND 600 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 180 1001 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 41N TO 55N BETWEEN 149W AND 163W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 40N BETWEEN 162W AND 178E DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 47N BETWEEN 151W AND 157W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 

.E OF A LINE FROM 58N 140W TO 55N 136W LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 33N 156W 1032 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 39N 175W 1026 MB MOVING E 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N 155W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 140W 1033 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 163E 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 173W 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON JAN 28
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE JAN 29
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED JAN 30

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM FROM COAST N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W 
AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 30 KT SEAS SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 13N 
BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W
12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N115W TO 23N119W THEN STATIONARY TO 
16N126W. N OF 26N W OF FRONT TO 135W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT
SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT...EXCEPT N TO NE 20 KT N OF 27N W OF 135W SEAS 10 TO 
15 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 8N TO 20N W OF 125W NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE
N OF 8N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW TO 
N SWELL...HIGHEST W OF 130W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 22N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. FROM 10N TO 20N BETWEEN 107W AND 130W N TO NE
WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W 
OF 108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.

.FROM 9N TO 11N E OF 86W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 5N TO 14N BETWEEN 86W AND 
115W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN E SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 11N BETWEEN 86W AND 88W...INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN E SWELL.
FROM 5N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 112W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS
TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 6N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 9N79W 
6N79W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 
FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 25N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0330 UTC MON JAN 28...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 5N77W 8N92W 7N105W 9N120W
9N130W 8N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION IS NOTED.

$$
FORECASTER AGUIRRE
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.