Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 20:58:15 -0600

405 
ATPQ40 PGUM 090258
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST SAT FEB 9 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N163E TO 20N150E...THEN 
CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 19N140E. A DEVELOPING WARM FRONT THEN 
EXTENDS FROM 19N140E TO 22N130E AND BEYOND TO A LOW-PRESSURE SYSTEM 
CENTERED SOUTH OF OKINAWA. CLOUDINESS AND LIGHT SHOWERS ARE FOUND 
ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THE COLD FRONT AND SHEAR LINE AS 
FAR WEST AS 147E. FARTHER WEST...EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND AREAS OF 
RAIN ASSOCIATED WITH THE WARM FRONT ARE PRESENT BETWEEN 130E AND 
140E FROM 18N TO BEYOND 25N. 

A SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 3N130E TO EQ137E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND NORTH OF THE TROUGH IN THE 
AREA BOUNDED BY 6N130E TO 7N136E TO EQ145E TO EQ142E TO 3N137E TO 
3N130E BACK TO 6N130E...JUST SOUTH OF PALAU.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 5N155E TO 
6N163E TO 4N179E. THIS INCLUDES KOSRAE...BUT IS SOUTH OF POHNPEI AND 
MAJURO. 

A WEAK TROUGH THAT EXTENDS FROM 17N165E ACROSS WAKE ISLAND TO 
22N168E IS PRODUCING SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS WITHIN 100 MILES EITHER 
SIDE OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.