Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 18:00:10 -0600

022 
ATHW40 PHFO 070000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC MON JAN 07 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC JANUARY 06 2008

SUNNY TO PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES ARE THE RULE OVER THE ISLES AND 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS THIS EARLY AFTERNOON.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS 
NEAR 15 MPH ACROSS THE STATE...FROM THE EAST JUST EAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND AND GRADUALLY VEERING TOWARD THE SOUTHEAST MOVING UP THE 
CHAIN TO KAUAI.

AN EAST-TO-WEST ORIENTED BAND OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN SHOWERY LOW 
CLOUDS IS EAST OF THE ISLANDS.  MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS IS LOCATED 
FROM 20N TO 21N BETWEEN 140W AND 150W...WITH INDIVIDUAL ELEMENTS 
WITHIN THE BAND MOVING TOWARD THE WEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH.  THE PORTION 
OF THE LINE WEST OF 150W...WITH SCATTERED CLOUDS WITHIN 70 MILES 
NORTHEAST OF MAUI...IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST/NORTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 
MPH.

A FRONT REMAINS NEARLY STATIONARY ABOUT 1000 MILES WEST/NORTHWEST OF 
KAUAI.  BROKEN MULTILAYERED CLOUDINESS ASSOCIATED WITH THE BOUNDARY 
IS LOCATED NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 30N168W TO 27N174W TO 25N180.  
THE LATEST SURFACE OBSERVATION FROM MIDWAY ATOLL SHOWS OVERCAST LOW 
CLOUDS...UNLIMITED VISIBILITY...AND WINDS FROM THE EAST NEAR 10 MPH.

SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO IGNITE ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE 
CONVECTION IS FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 130W AND 176W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.