Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 22:22:37 -0600

676 
FZPN01 KWBC 090422
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 09 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N 168W 970 MB MOVING NE 20 KT WITH FRONT FROM LOW TO 46N 
164W TO 45N 158W. BETWEEN 360 NM AND 480 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 
45 TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 780 
NM S AND 660 NM W QUADRANTS...AND 240 NM N AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 152W 986 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM S AND 660 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 
23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY FORECAST LOW 
54N 133W.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 133W 983 MB MOVING E 25 KT WILL SLOW AND TURN MORE N IN 
18 HOURS. WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 
TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM S AND 720 NM W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 147W 986 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 148W 992 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 37N 167E 996 MB WILL MOVE E 40 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 178E 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 170W 1000 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 155W 986 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S AND 300 NM N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 164E 998 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 174E 980 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM SW AND 480 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 16 TO 27 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 44N 156E 998 MB. WITHIN 300 
NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 161E 975 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 161E 974 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 144W 980 MB. WITHIN 720 NM E AND 420 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 133W 996 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 170W TO 60N 179W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 160W TO 56N 165W TO 60N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 55N 163W TO 60N 
170W...LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 36N TO 50N BETWEEN 145W AND 165W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 52N AND BETWEEN 126W AND 
150W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 46N 171E 1018 MB WILL MOVE SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 176E 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED JAN 09
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU JAN 10
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI JAN 11

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 6N TO 18N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE FROM 6N TO 18N W OF 125W NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. NW OF LINE 24N140W 
30N130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
ELSEWHERE W OF 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 18N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 25N BETWEEN 125W AND 115W N WINDS 
20 KT SEAS 11 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC WED JAN 09...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 6N77W 10N85W 3N100W 6N119W 
6N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE NEAR 4.5N80.5W AND 6.5N89.5W AND 
WITHIN 15 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 119W AND 127W AND 
BETWEEN 135W AND 138W.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.