Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:45:11 -0600

448 
FZPN40 PHFO 201645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN JAN 20 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 20 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 21 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 22 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 179W 27N 178E 23N 168E MOVING E 15 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 170W 26N 175W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DECREASED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

RIDGE 30N 170W 22N 180 22N 171E MOVING E 10 KT AND ERODING FROM THE 
WEST.

.48 HOUR FORECAST EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 17N BETWEEN
155W AND 170W.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 175E.  S OF 10N W OF 
170E...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS MOSTLY 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF LINE 06N 160E 04N 170W 
10N 140W.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF LINE EQ 170W 20S 140W 
AND S OF 10N W OF 170E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

ITCZ 08N 140W 06N 157W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 
NM N OF THE ITCZ E OF 150W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.