Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:45:09 -0600

509 
FZPN40 PHFO 191645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT JAN 19 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 19 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 20 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 21 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

FRONT ENTERING NW CORNER OF FORECAST WATERS AT 30N 160E MOVING E 40 
KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT NW OF A LINE 27N 160E 30N 168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 180 25N 176E 20N 169E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 172W 24N 180 BECOMING STATIONARY AND 
WEAKENING.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

COLD FRONT 30N 168W 25N 175W 23N 179E THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT THRU 
22N 166E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT.

WEAK TROUGH 28N 158W 23N 159W 17N 157W MOVING W SLOWLY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 150W AND 154W BOUNDED BY 16N AND 20N.

RIDGE 30N 158W 23N 172W 22N 178W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE WEST.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 172W AND 170E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 
MOSTLY 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 06N W OF 172E.  
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE 04N 160E 10N 
140W.

ITCZ 06N 140W 05N 150W 05N 170W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N OF 
ITCZ MAINLY E OF 160W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.