Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 23:54:37 -0600

828 
TXPS40 PHFO 170554
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0432 UTC THU JAN 17 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA NEAR 14.8S 168.9E AT 17/0430 UTC BASED ON 
MTSAT 4 KM IR AND 2 KM VIS RESOLUTION IMAGERY AND ANIMATION. 
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 60 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND 
SPEED 45 KT. MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARDS 085 DEGREES AT 17 KT OVER 
THE PAST 5 HOURS.

T3.0/3.0/S0.0/24 HOURS

REMARKS...CENTER OF T.C. FUNA DIFFICULT TO LOCATE BUT VIS ANIMATION 
APPEARS TO SHOW INFLOW INTO THE WESTERN SIDE OF THE OVERCAST. THE 
LOG10 SPIRAL HAD A WEAK WRAP OF 0.6...WHICH YIELDS A DT OF 3.0. PT 
YIELDS 3.5. FT BASED ON DT AND USED FOR CI.

$$

LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.