Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 23:33:19 -0600

275 
ATHW40 PHFO 100533
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SUN FEB 10 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC FEBRUARY 10 2008

WATER VAPOR SHOWS THE PERSISTENT UPPER LEVEL TROUGH RUNNING SW TO NE 
OVER THE BIG ISLAND FROM 10N 160W TO 30N 145W AND CONTINUES INTO THE 
NORTH PACIFIC. AN UPPER LEVEL LOW SITS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TROUGH 
CENTERED AT 14N 160W. OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS THE UPPER LOW HAS 
DRIFTED SOUTH AND WEST. OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS ARE LOCATED ALONG 
THE LOW/S EASTERN SEMICIRCLE AND A CLOUD SHIELD EMANATES FROM THE 
LOW TO THE EAST AND COVERS THE AREAS FROM 140W TO 156W AND 8N TO 
20N. THUNDERSTORMS ARE EMBEDDED WITHIN THE LAYERED CLOUDS CLOSE TO 
THE UPPER LOW WITH CUMULONIMBUS TOPS REACHING 40 THOUSAND FEET.

A COLD FRONT HAS RECENTLY CROSSED THE DATELINE...AND THE ASSOCIATED 
CLOUD BAND STRETCHES FROM 27N 180 TO 30N 173W. THE FRONT IS MOVING 
20 MPH TOWARD THE EAST AND THE CLOUD BAND IS MADE UP OF OVERCAST 
STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ WITH EMBEDDED CUMULONIMBUS.

OVER THE ISLANDS...RETURNING TRADES ARE BRINGING BROKEN SC TO 
WINDWARD LOCATIONS OF ALL ISLANDS. LEEWARD BIG ISLAND AND LEEWARD 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA ALSO HAVE BROKEN SC THAT ARE SLOWLY CLEARING AS 
THE ISLANDS COOL. ON OAHU STABLE MOUNTAIN WAVE CLOUDS IN THE LOW SC 
FIELD ARE EVIDENT OVER CENTRAL OAHU AND THE NORTH SHORE.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.