Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 06:33:52 -0600

588 
ATHW40 PHFO 031233
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC THU JAN 03 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 03 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE HAS PUSHED OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WHICH 
HAS PUSHED THE HIGH CLOUDS TO THE SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND OVERNIGHT. 
THE HIGH CLOUDS CLEARED THE BIG ISLAND JUST BEFORE 10 PM. BY 2 
AM...THE HIGH CLOUDS WERE 50 MILES SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND. ABOUT 
250 MILES SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND...NEAR 15N...THE HIGH CLOUDS MERGE 
WITH LAYERED CLOUDS THAT EXTEND SOUTH TO AROUND 9N...AND STRETCH TO 
THE EAST TO 140W. 

BY 8 PM...THE CLOUD BAND THAT WAS A SHEARLINE A FEW DAYS AGO HAD 
LOST MUCH OF IT/S DEFINITION...WASHING OUT NEAR OAHU AND THE ISLANDS 
OF MAUI COUNTY. WHAT REMAINS OF THE SHEARLINE APPEARS TO BE THE 
CLOUD BAND EXTENDING EAST NORTHEAST ABOUT MORE THAN 600 MILES FROM 
THE ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL. 

BY MIDNIGHT...CLOUDS HAD INCREASED ONCE AGAIN OVER THE WINDWARD 
SECTIONS OF OAHU...MOLOKAI AND MAUI. AT 2 AM...NIIHAU HAD A FEW 
CLOUDS OVERHEAD...WHILE KAUAI HAVE CLOUDS COVERING THE EASTERN HALF 
OF THE ISLAND. SCATTERED CLOUDS WERE FOUND OVER THE WATERS 
SURROUNDING KAUAI AND NIIHAU. ON OAHU...CLOUDS WERE THICKEST OVER 
THE KOOLAU RANGE AND THE ADJACENT COASTAL AREAS... WHILE ADDITIONAL 
CLOUDS WERE FOUND SCATTERED OVER THE REMAINDER OF THE ISLAND. 

CLOUDS COVERED MUCH OF MOLOKAI AT 2 AM...AND THE EAST FACING SLOPES 
OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS AND HALEAKALA ON MAUI. CLOUDS WERE 
PLENTIFUL OVER THE INTERIOR OF LANAI...WHILE CLOUDS PASSED OVER 
KAHOOLAWE FROM TIME TO TIME. FEW LOW CLOUDS WERE FOUND OVER THE BIG 
ISLANDS.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.