Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 05:07:04 -0600

372 
FZPN40 PHFO 251106
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI JAN 25 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 25 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 26 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 27 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N164E 26N160E MOVING E 15 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT W OF 
THE FRONT AND BETWEEN FRONT AND 173E N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N172E 21N162E.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS.

.STATIONARY FRONT 30N170W 23N173E 17N179W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 75 NM W AND 150 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 22N.

.TROUGH 26N156W 24N151W 22N144W MOVING SW 10 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 150 NM NE OF THE TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.RIDGE 30N147E 25N140W MOVING MOVING SW 10 KT.

.RIDGE 30N178E 24N171E 22N160E MOVING E 10 KT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE 25N160E 30N170E 15N 170E 15N 180 EQ 
180...AND S OF 10N E OF 155W.  ELSEWHERE SEAS MAINLY 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE 23N160E 
30N172E...AND N OF A LINE 30N151W 23N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 14 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 18N160E 30N177E.  SEAS 9 FT OR LESS REST OF 
AREA W OF 170E AND S OF 20N E OF 170W.  SEAS 8 TO 14 FT REST OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE 10N160E 05N180 10N140W.
ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 06N160E 09N170E EQ163E EQ160E 
06N160E.

ITCZ...08N140W 06N157W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.