Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:44:26 -0600

991 
ATPQ40 PGUM 211544
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
130 AM CHST TUE JAN 22 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT ENTERS THE DISCUSSION AREA NEAR 23N180 AND STRETCHES 
SOUTHWESTWARD TO 23N177E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 
NORTH OF WAKE ISLAND NEAR 20N166E TO DISSIPATE NEAR 17N150E. 
EAST OF 165E...CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS ARE FOUND 
ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE.
 
A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 5N130E THROUGH A 
WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 2N155E TO END AT EQ158E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING ALONG THE TROUGH 
AXIS SOUTH OF PALAU...YAP AND POHNPEI BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 5N 
FROM 135E TO 160E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO FOUND OVER CHUUK 
WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N150E TO 9N153E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING ISOLATED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS 
OVER POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND SOUTH OF MAJURO WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 7N157E TO 5N159E TO 5N172E.

$$ 

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.