Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:54:34 -0600

542 
ATPQ40 PGUM 120254
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST SAT JAN 12 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN OLD SHEAR LINE RUNS ALONG 22N FROM 180 TO ABOUT 150E. SCATTERED 
LIGHT SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THIS 
BOUNDARY.

SOUTH OF THE SHEAR LINE...TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCES ARE PRODUCING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS WEST OF WAKE ISLAND BETWEEN 15N AND 18N FROM 156E 
TO 161E...AROUND WAKE ISLAND BETWEEN 15N AND 20N FROM 164E TO 
172E...AND NEAR THE DATE LINE BETWEEN 18N AND 20N FROM 176E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 4N130E TO EQ141E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROUGH ARE 
OCCURRING MAINLY NEAR AND SOUTH OF PALAU...IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 
EQ131E TO KOROR TO EQ140E BACK TO EQ131E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO 
FOUND FARTHER EAST BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 2N FROM 148E TO 151E. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS FROM POHNPEI 
EASTWARD THROUGH THE MARSHALL ISLANDS...IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 
11N180 TO 6N157E TO 5N180 BACK TO 11N180.

$$

MIDDLEBROOKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.