Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 06:22:35 -0600

025 
ATHW40 PHFO 031222
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1225 UTC SUN FEB 03 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 03 2008

A MID TO UPPER LEVEL LOW CONTINUES TO AFFECT THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS OVERNIGHT. THIS FEATURE HAS WEAKENED A BIT OVER THE LAST SIX 
HOURS...AND MOVED TO THE EAST. AT 2 AM THE LOW WAS NEAR 28.0N 
163.9W...ABOUT 500 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE ASSOCIATED UPPER 
LEVEL TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS FROM THE LOW TO A POINT NEAR 19.9N 163.6W.

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS HAVE DEVELOPED NEAR THE UPPER LEVEL 
LOW...MAINLY BETWEEN THE UPPER LOW AND KAUAI. THE LARGEST AREA OF 
THUNDERSTORMS AT 2 AM WERE NEAR 24.2N 164.6W WITH CLOUD TOPS 
REACHING NEAR 41 THOUSAND FEET. 

THE PRESENCE OF THIS UPPER LEVEL SYSTEM KEEPS THE UPPER LEVEL WIND 
FLOW OVER THE ISLANDS FROM THE SOUTHWEST...WITH HIGH CLOUDS 
BLANKETING THE AREA ABOUT 550 MILES EAST OF A LINE FROM 27.3N 151.8W 
TO 15.1N 163.1W. THESE HIGH CLOUDS COVER THE ISLANDS OF 
MOLOKAI...LANAI... KAHOOLAWE...MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND...OBSCURING 
LOWER CLOUDS OVER THESE ISLANDS. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE ALSO 
FOUND EMBEDDED IN THIS AREA WHERE LOWER CLOUDS MERGED WITH THE HIGH 
CLOUDS. THUNDERSTORM TOPS IN THIS AREA REACHED NEAR 36 THOUSAND FEET.

SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WERE FOUND OVER OAHU AND KAUAI OVERNIGHT WITH 
OCCASIONAL HIGH CLOUDS PASSING OVERHEAD. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.