Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:14:38 -0600

417 
FZPN01 KWBC 141614
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 14 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 180 974 MB WILL MOVE NE 30 KT AND INTENSIFYING. WITHIN 
360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1020 NM E AND 960 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 174W 968 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 168W 962 MB. FRONT FROM 59N 151W TO 
55N 153W TO 48N 162W TO 36N 173W TO 33N 175W. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 19 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 240 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM N QUADRANT AND 360 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. N OF 58N AND E OF 173W...WINDS TO 
25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.NW OF A LINE FROM 50N 160E TO 53N 171E TO 59N 167W...AREA OF 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
36N 160E TO 50N 179E TO 57N 166W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 
17 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 172E 970 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE... WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 19 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 900 NM S AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
15 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 178E 986 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 51N TO 58N AND E OF 147W...AREA OF WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
12 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 35N 142W 1008 MB DRIFTING N 05 KT WILL MOVE MORE SW IN 12 
HOURS. WITHIN 480 NM N AND 360 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 146W 1008 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E AND N 
AND 360 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N 150W 1010 MB. WITHIN 660 NM NE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W...AREA 
OF N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 131W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 59N AND W OF 173W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 59N AND W OF 172W OCCASIONALLY MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 58N 171W MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 35N TO 57N BETWEEN 155W TO 175W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 480 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 59N 143W TO 
44N 161W TO 36N 169W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 
1 NM. .48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM E OF A LINE FROM 57N 150W 
TO 51N 156W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 46N BETWEEN 148W AND 153W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 43N 150W 1034 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N 136W 1043 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 132W 1043 MB. 

.HIGH 36N 127W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON JAN 14
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE JAN 15
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED JAN 16

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.NW OF LINE 30N135W 25N140W  S WIND 20 KT  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 10 FT
IN NW SWELL.  S OF 20N FROM 100W TO 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  
SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  NW OF LINE 30N133W 23N140W  SE TO S WIND 20 
TO 25 KT  SEAS 15 FT IN NW SWELL.  FROM 14N TO 25N BETWEEN 118W 
AND 128W  NE TO E WIND 20 KT  SEAS 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  
WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 9 FT IN NW SWELL.  S OF 20N FROM 97W 
TO 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  NW OF LINE 30N135W 26N140W  SE WIND TO 20 KT 
SEAS 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  FROM 14N TO 22N BETWEEN 118W AND 133W 
NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS 11 FT IN NE SWELL.  ELSEWHERE FROM 13N 
TO 24N W OF 110W AND N OF 22N W OF 120W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  
SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL.  S OF 10N FROM 95W TO 100W  WIND LESS 
THAN 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF  
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WIND 20 TO 30 KT  SEAS 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...
NE TO E WIND 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA  N OF 25N NW WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 28N NW WIND TO KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 KT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC MON JAN 14...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...4N77W  5N86W  5N98W  9N120W  
6N130W  6N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM N OF ITCZ FROM
112W TO 121W.

SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM W OF SURFACE TROUGH FROM 10N TO 
15N ALONG 120W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.