Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 02:13:53 -0600

103 
FQPS01 NFFN 230600    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE Jan 232000 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNING STORM WARNING 063 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 23/0707
UTC 2008 UTC.
DEPRESSION 11F [992HPA] CENTRE WAS ANALYSED NEAR 20.5S 166.8W AT
230600UTC AND EXPECTED TO MOVE SOUTH-SOUTHWEST 13 KNOTS. POSITION
FAIR. EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 40 TO 50 KNOTS IN THE EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE BETWEEN 90 AND 260 NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTRE,
WITH 35 TO 40 KNOTS UPTO 400 NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTRE. IN
THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT EXPECT 35 TO 40 KNOTS BETWEEN 90 TO 280
NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTRE.AREA OF STORM FORCE WINDS AND
GALES MOVING WITH DEPRESSION.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 062.  

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 241800 UTC.

 DEPRESSION 11F [992HPA] CENTRE WAS ANALYSED NEAR 20.5S 166.8W AT
230600UTC MOVING SOUTHWEST 13 KNOTS. POSITION FAIR. OUTSIDE WARNING
AREA UPTO 520 NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTRE IN THE EASTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. OUTSIDE WARNING
AREA UPTO 330 NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTRE IN THE WESTERN
SEMI-CIRCLE EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. ROUGH TO VERY
ROUGH SEAS. DAMAGING SWELLS. 

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 10S 160E 10S 170E 09S 180 10S 168W 15S 164W TO
TD11F SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 180 MILES OF CZ1. IN THE AREA WEST OF 173W AND WITHIN 180
MILES OF CZ1 EXPECT NORTHWEST TO NORTHEASTERLY WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS
WITH GUSTS UPTO 30 KNOTS. ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS.

WEAK TROUGH T1 12S 176E 11S 180 15S 170W TO 11F SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100
MILES OF T1.

FRONTAL SYSTEM F1 20S 166E 25S 171E SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN
SQUALLY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 080 MILES OF F1.

FRONTAL SYSTEM F2 25S 179E 19S 175W 25S 171W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SCATTERED SHOWERS OR ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 080
MILES OF F2.

FRONTAL SYSTEM F3 FROM 11F TO 21S 165W 23S 155W 25S 149W SLOW MOVING.
POOR VISIBILITY IN SCATTERED SHOWERS OR ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
120 MILES OF F3.
  
OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF EQUATOR AND NORTH OF 19S BETWEEN 170E AND
155W, MODERATE EASTERLY SWELLS.

OVER BROAD AREA OUTSIDE WARNING AREAS AND EAST OF 180, EXPECT
NORTHEAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE
SWELLS,HEAVY DAMAGING SEWLLS DEVELOPING OVERNIGHT.

SOUTH OF EQUATOR AND EAST OF 140W, MODERATE SOUTHWESTERLY SWELLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.