Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:46:44 -0600

842 
ATHW40 PHFO 281846
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON JAN 28 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 28 2008

SEVERAL EAST TO WEST BANDS OF LOW CLOUDS AND SHOWERS FELL APART UPON 
REACHING THE SMALLER ISLANDS DURING THE PAST FEW HOURS RESULTING IN 
MAINLY SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS OVER THE WINDWARD AND MOUNTAIN 
AREAS. ONE BAND IS CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH THIS PROCESS WITH 
WINDWARD KAUAI BEING AFFECTED THE MOST. THE LEEWARD SECTIONS OF ALL 
THE ISLANDS INCLUDING KAUAI AND ALL THE ADJACENT LEEWARD WATERS ARE 
MOSTLY CLEAR. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS THOUGH LINGERED OVER THE BIG 
ISLAND/S WINDWARD COASTAL SECTIONS AND ADJACENT WATERS BETWEEN UPOLU 
POINT AND HILO AND THE INLAND AREAS OF THE PUNA DISTRICT. THERE ARE 
ALSO SOME SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS BETWEEN PAHALA AND THE 
KILAUEA VOLCANO AREA. THERE ARE ADDITIONAL LOW CLOUDS WITH A FEW 
SHOWERS UPWIND OF ALL THE ISLANDS. BUT THERE IS A DEGREE OF 
DISSIPATION AS THEY NEAR THE ISLANDS SHORELINE. THE LOW CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING SLIGHT SOUTH OF EAST AT 25 MILES AN HOUR. 

ON THE INFRARED IMAGERY...HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS OVER THE BIG 
ISLAND CONTINUED TO DECREASE AND THIN OVER THE BIG ISLAND THIS 
MORNING. THE SOURCE OF THE CIRRUS FROM ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
BETWEEN 300 AND 450 MILES SOUTHWEST OF OAHU...SPECIFICALLY FROM 19N 
TO 16N BETWEEN 160W TO 163W. THE BULK OF THE CIRRUS EXTENDS EASTWARD 
FOR ABOUT A THOUSAND MILES TO 148W. SOUTH OF THIS BAND OF CIRRUS IS 
A LARGE FIELD OF MULTILAYERED CLOUDS THAT REACHED SOUTH TO JUST 
NORTH OF THE EQUATOR. THIS FIELD BEGINS ON A LINE FROM 15N 160W TO 
06N 175W. THIS LINE ALSO REPRESENT AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AS WELL.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LOW ABOUT 400 MILES NORTHEAST OF 
OAHU MOVING SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 20 MILES AN HOUR. THERE ARE NO 
SIGNIFICANT CLOUDINESS ASSOCIATED WITH IT.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.