Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 23:38:14 -0600

399 
ATHW40 PHFO 090538
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SAT FEB 09 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC FEBRUARY 09 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS EVENING...WHICH CONTINUES TO BRING HIGH CLOUDS 
STREAMING OVER THE BIG ISLAND FROM THE SOUTHWEST. THE WATER VAPOR 
IMAGERY ALSO SUGGESTS AN MID TO UPPER LEVEL LOW DEVELOPING TO THE 
SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS NEAR 18.0N 159.5W...ABOUT 250 MILES 
SOUTHWEST OF KONA AT 7 PM. 

THROUGH THIN SPOTS IN THE HIGH CLOUDS...IT WOULD APPEAR THAT THE 
BULK OF THE LOW CLOUDS OVER THE BIG ISLAND ARE OVER THE WEST SIDE OF 
THE ISLAND. SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS LOW CLOUDS IN ABUNDANCE UPSTREAM 
OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE REMAINING ISLANDS HAVE LOW CLOUDS 
CONCENTRATED OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES WITH SCATTERED CLOUDS 
UPSTREAM. LOW CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING FROM THE 
NORTHEAST AROUND 20 MPH.

NIIHAU IS CLEAR THIS EVENING...WHILE SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
COVER THE EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI. PERSISTENT BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE 
FOUND OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU...WHILE AN AREA OF BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS IS PASSING OVER THE WAIANAE RANGE AT 7 PM. SCATTERED LOW 
CLOUDS ARE OVER MOLOKAI AND LANAI...WHILE BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE OVER 
KAHOOLAWE. CLOUDS ARE CONCENTRATED OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF 
THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND OVER THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA FROM 
HOOKIPA BEACH PARK TO HANA TO KIPAHULU. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE 
OVER THE SOUTHWEST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AT 7 PM.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.