Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 08:45:32 -0600

154 
ATPQ40 PGUM 091445
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST SUN FEB 10 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N170E TO THE NORTHERNMOST 
MARIANA ISLANDS 20N150E...THEN CONTINUES NORTHWESTWARD AS A WARM 
FRONT TO A LOW-PRESSURE SYSTEM CENTERED SOUTHEAST OF OKINAWA AT 
22N130E. CLOUDINESS AND LIGHT SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 200 
MILES NORTH OF THE COLD FRONT. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND AREAS OF 
RAIN ARE PRESENT ALONG THE WARM FRONT AND NORTHWARD TO BEYOND 25N.

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHWARD FROM 10N132E TO THE LOW PRESSURE 
SYSTEM SOUTHEAST OF OKINAWA. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING 
NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 13N130E TO 22N136E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED AT 4N130E TO END AT EQ135E. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROUGH AND CIRCULATION 
ARE FOUND BETWEEN 2N AND 8N FROM 130E TO 138E. KOROR LIES ON THE 
NORTHERN EDGE OF THIS AREA.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS WELL SOUTH 
OF GUAM BETWEEN 5N AND 9N FROM 143E TO 147E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS ACROSS MUCH 
OF EASTERN MICRONESIA WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 6N150E TO 
5N180. THIS AREA INCLUDES KOSRAE...BUT IS SITUATED JUST SOUTH OF 
POHNPEI AND SOUTH OF MAJURO. 

CONVERGENT WINDS SOUTHEAST OF THE COLD FRONT ARE CAUSING SCATTERED 
LIGHT SHOWERS OVER WAKE ISLAND WITHIN 75 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
17N162E TO 25N175E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.