Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:42:08 -0600

872 
FZPN40 PHFO 282242
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON JAN 28 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 28 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 29 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 30 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT THRU 30N172E 24N165E THENCE SHEAR LINE THRU 22N 160E. FRONT  
MOVING E 20 KT. SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF FORECAST AREA. SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N163E 28N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N163E 29N160E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 
KT OR LESS. 

.RIDGE 30N170W 27N178E 22N165E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 27N IN AREA E OF 173W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 26N IN AREA E OF 
175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 26N IN AREA E OF 
175W. 

.SEAS 9 TO 15 FT ENTIRE AREA N OF 05N...WITH HIGHEST SEAS OF 13 TO 
15 FT IN AREA N OF 15N BETWEEN 160W AND 177W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST 9 TO 15 FT ENTIRE AREA...EXCEPT 8 FT OR LESS NW OF 
A LINE THRU 30N176E 18N160E...AND 8 FT OR LESS SW OF A LINE THRU 
10N160E 10N172E EQ179E. HIGHEST SEAS 13 TO 15 FT FROM 09N TO 23N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 176W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT ENTIRE AREA E OF 180. ALSO SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE THRU 30N180 EQ180 03N175E 15N170E 
30N180...AND SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N168E 
26N160E. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 22N TO 25N BETWEEN 153W AND 156W...AND 
FROM 15N TO 18N BETWEEN 161W AND 166W. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.