Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 06:20:08 -0600

243 
ATHW40 PHFO 021220
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SAT FEB 02 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 02 2008

THE UPPER LEVEL LOW NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS HAS CONTINUED TO WEAKEN 
OVER THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS AS THE SYSTEM MOVED TO THE EAST. WHILE 
THIS UPPER LOW HAS WEAKENED...ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL LOW HAS 
STRENGTHENED TO THE NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. AT 2 AM 
THIS LOW WAS NEAR 24.7N 164.3W...ABOUT 340 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. 

THE UPPER LOW TO THE NORTHWEST CONTINUES TO BRING HIGH CLOUDS OVER 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS OVERNIGHT...WITH THE MAIN CONCENTRATION OF 
HIGH CLOUDS FROM MOLOKAI EASTWARD. THE HEAVIEST CONCENTRATION OF 
HIGH CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE BIG ISLAND...AND EXTENDING ABOUT 530 
MILES SOUTHEAST. THE MAIN AREA OF HIGH CLOUDS STRETCHES ABOUT 150 
MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 22.1N 147.6W TO 6.4N 168.0W.

THE HIGH CLOUDS OVER MOLOKAI...LANAI...MAUI...KAHOOLAWE AND THE BIG 
ISLAND ARE OBSCURING LOWER CLOUDS OVER THESE ISLANDS. WITH THE 
NORTHWEST UPPER LEVEL LOW...HIGH CLOUDS CONTINUE TO STREAM OVER OAHU 
FROM TIME TO TIME MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO DISCERN LOWER CLOUDS THERE 
AS WELL. SINCE MIDNIGHT...A SMALL BATCH OF HIGH CLOUDS MOVED OVER 
KAUAI...AS THE UPPER LEVEL LOW TO THE NORTHWEST DEVELOPED. THE HIGH 
CLOUDS OVER THE GARDEN ISLE MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO TELL FOR CERTAIN AT 
2 AM...BUT BASED ON SATELLITE LOOPS...IT WOULD APPEAR THAT LOW 
CLOUDS REMAIN PLENTIFUL OVER THE EASTERN HALF OF THE ISLAND. 

BASED ON LOW CLOUDS EAST AND NORTHEAST OF KAUAI...LOW CLOUDS NEAR 
THE ISLANDS CONTINUE TO TRACK FROM THE EAST AROUND 25 MPH. 

$$

MBALLARD

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.