Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 04:45:11 -0600

016 
FZPN40 PHFO 061045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN JAN 06 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 06 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 07 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 08 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...FORECAST GALE...
.12 HR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 30N 164E 27N 160E MOVING E 35 KT.
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF 28N W OF 168E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE 
N 0F 27N W OF 170E.
.24 HR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 30N 175E 26N 167E. WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 177E AND 166E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF 
26N W OF 178E.
.48 HR FORECAST COLD FRONT MERGED WITH A STATIONARY FRONT NOTED 
BELOW. FRONT THRU 30N 165W 24N 175W 21N 174E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT N OF 24N. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE
N OF 27N BETWEEN 172W AND 177E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THRU 30N 174W 25N 180 THENCE DISSIPATING STATIONARY 
FRONT THRU 19N 160E. N END OF COLD FRONT MOVING E 20 KT SLOWING TO 
10 KT OR LESS W OF 175W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT 
N OF 27N. COLD FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY FRONT BY 070000 UTC. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 160 NM E OF COLD FRONT. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG STATIONARY FRONT.
.24 HR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT THRU 30N 163W 26N 175W 29N 180. 
WINDS TO 25 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN 175W AND 178E.
.48 HR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT MERGED WITH A COLD FRONT. SEE 
FORECAST GALE ABOVE.

WEAK LOW 1013MB W OF FCST AREA NEAR 25N 156E MOVING E 25 KT.
 
.HIGH 1024 MB NEAR 27N 146W MOVING E 20 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH THRU 
27N 140W AND THRU 28N 160W 21N 177E.
.24 HR FORECAST HIGH E OF FCST AREA.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 06N TO 18N E OF 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 18N 
E OF 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 18N 
E OF 165W.

.SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF 18N E OF 149W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
A LINE 30N 168W 26N 170E 17N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT MAINLY BETWEEN 
17N AND 05N E OF 175E.
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 23 FT N OF A LINE 30N 177E 27N 170E 
26N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 28N 175W 25N 170E 
19N 160E.
.48 HR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 24 FT N OF A LINE 30N 173W 25N 180 
24N 174E 28N 167E 30N 168E. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
30N 150W 26N 160W 17N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT MAINLY BETWEEN 17N AND 
07N E OF 170W.

WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 9 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST 
AREA.

.ITCZ THRU 07N 140W 05N 160W 06N 165W 09N 180.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.