Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:38:33 -0600

587 
FQPS01 NFFN 201800    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE Jan 202000 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNING GALE WARNING 047 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 20/1841
UTC 2008 UTC.IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 25S 170W 24S 170W 23S 168W 22S
167W 22S 160W 25S 160W 25S 170W EXPECT EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS 30 TO
35 KNOTS. AREA OF GALES SLOW MOVING. THIS WARNING CANCELS AND
REPLACES WARNING 046.

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 211800 UTC.

 TROPICAL DISTURBANCE TD [1000HPA] NEAR 16.0S 169.0W SLOW MOVING.
POSITION POOR. EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS AND UPTO 30
KNOTS AT TIMES, WITHIN 180 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE EASTERN SEMICIRCLE.
ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS. 

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 01S 160E 04S 170E 10S 170E 14S 177W SLOW MOVING.
POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 180 MILES
OF CZ1. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWESTERLY WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS WITH
GUSTS UPTO 30 KNOTS WITHIN 180 MILES OF CZ1. ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE
SWELLS.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ2 07S 170W 10S 165W 15S 164W TO TD SLOW MOVING.
POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF
CZ2.

TROUGH T1 12S 160E 10S 166E 10S 170E 15S 176E 20S 177E 25S 177E SLOW
MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
120 MILES OF T1 IN AREA WEST OF 176E AND IN ISOLATED SHOWERS OR
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 080 MILES ELSEWHERE.

TROUGH T2 20S 180 16S 176W TO TD SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN
SQUALLY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 060 MILES OF T2.

TROUGH T3 FROM TD TO 14S 160W 15S 150W 20S 141W 22S 137W SLOW MOVING.
POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF
T3.

FRONT 19S 175W 20S 160W 22S 150W 25S 146W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN OCCASIONAL RAIN AND SQUALLY THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120
MILES OF FRONT. 
 
OUTSIDE OF GALE WARNING AREA AND OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 15S AND
EAST OF 180 EXPECT EASTERLY WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. ROUGH SEAS.
MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS DEVELOPING.

OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF EQUATOR AND NORTH OF 20S BETWEEN 170E AND
160W, MODERATE NORTHERLY SWELLS.
OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 20S WEST OF 160W, MODERATE EAST TO
SOUTHEASTERLY SWELLS, BECOMING HEAVY SOUTH OF 22S AND WEST OF 170E.

SOUTH OF EQUATOR EAST OF 140W, MODERATE SOUTHWESTERLY SWELLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.