Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 06:30:07 -0600

206 
ATHW40 PHFO 061230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC WED FEB 6 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 6 2008

AN AREA OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS COVERS THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC 
WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 26N145W...19N149W...10N160W...10N165W AND 
20N160W. A 120 MILE WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS EXTENDS TO THE 
NORTHEAST FROM THIS CLOUD AREA...SPECIFICALLY CENTERED ALONG A LINE 
FROM 26N145W TO 28N140W. THE MAIN LAYERED CLOUD AREA MERGES WITH 
BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS...CB...SOUTHEAST OF 
A LINE FROM 19N145W TO 10N160W. THE MAIN LAYERED CLOUD AREA COVERS 
THE EASTERN HALF OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. 

WATER VAPOR LOOPS SHOWS AN UPPER LOW CENTERED NEAR 15N166W...ABOUT 
660 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. AN UPPER TROUGH 
EXTENDS TO THE NORTHEAST FROM THIS UPPER LOW...ALONG AN AXIS 
EXTENDING THROUGH 20N164W AND 30N157W. THE LAYERED CLOUD AREA ACROSS 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS MARKS THE EASTERN FLANK OF THIS UPPER 
TROUGH. THE UPPER LOW AND TROUGH APPEAR TO HAVE DRIFTED SOUTHWARD 
OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS.

FARTHER TO THE NORTHWEST...A 500 TO 600 MILE WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST 
LAYERED CLOUDS LIES NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 48N130W TO 45N150W TO 
35N160W TO 32N170W TO 30N180. THAT PORTION OF THE LAYERED CLOUD BAND 
NORTH OF 40N IS MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST AT ABOUT 40 MPH WHILE THAT 
PORTION NEAR THE DATELINE IS NEARLY STATIONARY.

OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS COMPLETELY BLOCK THE VIEW OF LOW CLOUDS 
ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM OAHU EASTWARD. LOW CLOUDS 
APPEAR TO BE MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST AT 20 TO 25 MPH NEAR KAUAI. 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE EASTERN TWO-THIRDS OF 
KAUAI.  

$$
POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.