Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:40:09 -0600

253 
FZPN40 PHFO 141040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU FEB 14 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 14 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 15 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 16 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT THRU 30N 173E 22N 160E MOVING EAST 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN FORECAST AREA BETWEEN 169E AND 171W N OF 26N. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS N OF 25N BETWEEN FRONT AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 176W 28N 180 23S 170E 20N 160E. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 178E AND 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 166W 27N 180 22N 170E. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT IN AREA NORTH OF 28N BETWEEN 156W AND 166W.

.FRONT THRU 30N 156W 25N 172W MOVING EAST NORTHEAST 15 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN FORECAST AREA N OF FRONT AND WITHIN 60 NM S OF 
FRONT
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 152W 29N 163W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATING NORTH OF FORECAST AREA.

.RIDGE THRU 30N 145W 24N 160W 20N 180 17N 160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.SEAS 15 TO 20 FT IN AREA N OF 30N 150W 20N 163W 20N 172W 30N 173W. 
SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 10N E OF 152W AND S OF LINE 17N 160E 10N 170E 
EQ 176E. ELSEWHERE SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 16 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 27N 140W 24N 
145W 30N 153W... AND N OF LINE 30N 169E 27N 160E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS 
S OF LINE 12N 140W 12N 150W... AND S OF LINE 20N 160E 23N 170E 22N 
180 12N 170E EQ 170E.  ELSEWHERE SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 179E 25N 
170E 26N 160E. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT S OF LINE 11N 160E 18N 170E 23N 
18026N 160W 17N 170W 10N 176E EQ 175E. ELSEWHERE SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ THRU 09N 140W 05N 152W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM 
OF ITCZ EAST OF 150W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.