Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:51:38 -0600

658 
ATPQ40 PGUM 190251
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST TUE FEB 19 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 23N180 TO SOUTH OF WAKE 
ISLAND AT 17N167E TO SOUTH OF GUAM AT 10N144E. PATCHY CLOUDS AND 
RAIN ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS SHEAR LINE.

AN OLD COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N173E TO 21N165E... 
THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH THE NORTHERN MARIANAS AT 
16N146E TO 14N130E AND BEYOND. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY TO BEYOND 25N. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO FOUND OVER GUAM...ROTA...TINIAN AND 
SAIPAN WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 14N143E TO 14N149E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS EASTWARD FROM 3N130E THROUGH A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 2N140E TO END AT EQ143E. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING SOUTH OF YAP AND KOROR WITHIN 
100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N137E TO EQ145E. SCATTERED SHOWERS CAN 
ALSO BE FOUND ALONG THE TROUGH AXIS WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
4N130E TO EQ140E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER POHNPEI BUT SOUTH OF CHUUK OR SOUTH OF A LINE 
FROM 4N148E TO 9N157E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FORMING OVER KOSRAE 
WITHIN 170 MILES OF A LINE FROM 9N160E TO 3N167E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS EAST OF 
MAJURO BETWEEN 5N AND 10N FROM 173E TO 180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.