Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:07:05 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 180600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/180600Z-190600ZJAN2008//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/171951ZJAN2008//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 10.1N 128.1E,
APPROXIMATELY 140 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF DAPA, PHILIPPINES. RECENT
MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS WEAK CYCLONIC TURNING IN THE LOW LEVELS
WITH A MORE EVIDENT CIRCULATION IN THE MID LEVEL CLOUDS. A 162116Z
QUICKSCAT PASS SHOWS UNFLAGGED WINDS OF 10 TO 15 KNOTS ASSOCIATED
WITH THE CONVECTION ON THE NORTHERN PERIPHERY OF AN AREA OF BROAD
TROUGHING. THE UPPER LEVEL ENVIROMENT IS ALSO LIMITING
INTENSIFICATION WITH HIGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR VALUES. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. DUE TO THE
UNFAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT AND A WEAK VORTICITY SIGNATURE,
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 171800Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 12P (FUNA) WAS LOCATED NEAR
16.5S 171.1E, APPROXIMATELY 355 NM WEST OF NADI FIJI, AND HAD
TRACKED EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 10 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 70 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 85 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 172100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.