Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 22:45:10 -0600

032 
FZPN40 PHFO 070445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU FEB 07 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 07 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 08 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 09 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST APPROACHING COLD FRONT NEAR 30N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF 28N W OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N166E 25N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
9 TO 13 FT N OF 27N E OF 173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT 30N178E 26N170E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 9 TO 10 FT N OF 28N E OF 180.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N176W 27N176E THENCE STATIONARY FRONT THRU 23N165E.  
COLD FRONT MOVING E 20 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 30N164W 20N175W 
20N180 30N174E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N164W 27N166W. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT 30N151W 27N154W. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 
26N BETWEEN 153W AND 170W.

.RIDGE 30N156W 25N170W 24N174E MOVING E 20 KT N OF 25N AND NEARLY 
STATIONARY ELSEWHERE.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 04N...AND 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE EXCEPT AS 
NOTED ABOVE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 04N AND W OF 175E...AND 8 
TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 05N AND W OF 170E...AND 8 
TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 10N TO 16N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W.

.ITCZ...08N140W 07N160W 06N180 02N163E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.