Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:29:25 -0600

607 
ATHW40 PHFO 151829
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC TUE JAN 15 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 15 2008

A RATHER STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS SEEN SPINNING ABOUT 850 MILES 
TO THE NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU. THE LOW IS PRESENTLY SEEN DRIFTING 
TOWARD THE WEST. DEEP CONVECTION IS SEEN NEAR THE CENTER OF THE LOW 
AND ALONG ITS ASSOCIATED FRONTAL BOUNDARY TO THE NORTH OF 30N. THE 
TAIL END OF THE FRONT IS WELL TO THE EAST NORTHEAST OF THE STATE AND 
CONSISTS OF STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS. 

OVER AND AROUND THE ISLANDS LIES A VERY BROAD FIELD OF STABLE 
STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS WHICH ARE GENERALLY MOVING INTO THE ISLANDS 
FROM THE NORTH AND NORTHEAST. MOSTLY CLOUDY CONDITIONS ARE SEEN OVER 
THE ISLANDS OF KAUAI AND OAHU. THE NORTH AND NORTHEAST FACING SLOPES 
OF MOLOKAI ARE CLOUD COVERED AS WELL AS THE NORTH FACING SLOPES OF 
LANAI. OVER ON MAUI LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE NORTH FACING 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER THE NORTHEAST FACING SLOPES OF 
THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER ON THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE 
BANKED UP OVER THE LOWER WINDWARD SLOPES FROM NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD 
THROUGH THE PUNA DISTRICT. JUST A FEW PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN 
OVER THE LOWER KONA SLOPES. 

IR AND WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IS SHOWING A BROAD SWATH OF HIGH CIRRUS 
CLOUDS STREAMING TOWARD THE EAST NORTHEAST. THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF 
THIS SWATH HAS CLEARED THE BIG ISLAND AND IS NOW JUST TO ITS EAST 
SOUTHEAST. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.