Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:43:08 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 210600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/210600Z-220600ZJAN2008//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.4N
122.3E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 11.0N 121.5E, APPROXIMATELY 220 NM
SOUTH OF MANILA, PHILIPPINES. RECENT ENHANCED INFRARED
IMAGERY INDICATES WEAK CYCLONIC TURNING IN THE LOW LEVELS WITH
A MORE EVIDENT CIRCULATION IN THE MID LEVEL CLOUDS. THE UPPER
LEVEL ENVIRONMENT IS LIMITING FURTHER DEVELOPMENT WITH MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR VALUES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 12 TO 18 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 15.0S 168.0W,
APPROXIMATELY 165 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF PAGO PAGO. ANIMATED MULTI-
SPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS A BROAD AREA OF CYCLONIC TURNING,
WITH SEVERAL EMBEDDED, WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERS. A 210135Z TRMM PASS
SHOWS MULTIPLE FORMATIVE BANDS OF CONVECTION WRAPPING INTO THE BROAD
AREA OF TURNING. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS REVEALS LOW VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
AND GOOD VERTICAL DIVERGENCE ALOFT. DUE TO THE IMPROVING LOW LEVEL
ORGANIZATION AND FAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT, THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.