Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 21:25:53 -0600

336 
ATPQ40 PGUM 100325
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST SUN FEB 10 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N180 TO NORTH OF WAKE 
ISLAND AT 20N166E TO 21N158E...THEN CONTINUES NORTHWESTWARD AS A 
WARM FRONT TO 25N148E AND BEYOND. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND RAIN ARE 
FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES NORTH OF THE COLD FRONT. PATCHY 
CLOUDS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT ALONG AND UP 200 MILES 
NORTH OF THE WARM FRONT.

ANOTHER COLD FRONT RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N140E TO 21N130E. A 
LARGE AREA OF LOW CLOUDS AND RAIN ARE SEEN NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY TO 
BEYOND 25N.

A SHEAR LINE REACHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N141E TO 15N130E AND 
BEYOND. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING 
ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED AT 4N129E TO END AT EQ140E. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORMING NORTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS FROM 
KOROR TO THE EQUATOR...OR BETWEEN 8N AND THE EQUATOR FROM 130E TO 
142E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS FROM CHUUK ACROSS POHNPEI AND KOSRAE WITHIN 60 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 7N152E TO 5N165E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO VISIBLE 
SOUTH OF MAJURO TO THE DATELINE WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
5N165E TO 5N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.