Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 10:45:09 -0600

776 
FZPN40 PHFO 091645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT FEB 09 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 09 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 10 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 11 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N161E 29N160E. WINDS 25 TO 45 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 24N W OF 171E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N172E 26N167E 24N160E. WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 24N W OF 177E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT IN 
AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 176W AND 177E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT 30N175E 23N164E 22N160E. FRONT MOVING E 20 KT N OF 23N AND 
NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS 
N OF 27N BETWEEN 178E AND 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N169W 25N179W 23N170E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT 30N161W 26N174W. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH 19N153W 11N154W NEARLY STATIONARY. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF TROUGH BETWEEN 13N AND 17N. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 16N154W 10N154W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
300 NM E OF TROUGH N OF 12N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 16N157W 10N157W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA 
FROM 12N TO 17N BETWEEN 147W AND 165W.

.WEAKENING FRONT 30N151W 24N165W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.RIDGE 30N158W 25N175W 23N171E MOVING E 15 KT.

.RIDGE 30N142W 28N146W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF 27N W OF 175E. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA 
N OF 05N E OF 170W. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 03N TO 20N BETWEEN 
170W AND 171E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF 22N W OF 170W. SEAS 9 
TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 05N E OF 166W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 20 FT IN AREA N OF 19N W OF 160W. SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 08N E OF 160W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA FROM 
10N TO 18N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF 
AREA.

.ITCZ...08N140W 08N154W 05N176W 05N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM N OF AND WITHIN 60 NM S OF ITCZ E OF 155W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 169E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.