Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 12:25:25 -0600

025 
ATHW40 PHFO 071825
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU FEB 07 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC FEBRUARY 07 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH REMAINS OVER THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WITH AN AXIS 
EXTENDING FROM 18N 160W TO 30N 155W AND CONTINUES INTO THE NORTH 
PACIFIC. THE SUBTROPICAL JET IS LOCATED ALONG THE EASTERN PORTION OF 
THE TROUGH AND INDIVIDUAL CLOUD FEATURES ARE MOVING NEAR 80 MPH.  
THE JET AND TROUGH ARE COMBINING TO CREATE A CLOUD SHIELD OF 
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS RANGING FROM 10N TO 30N AND BETWEEN 140W TO 
155W. THE EDGE OF THE CLOUD SHIELD IS NOW JUST OFF THE EAST COAST OF 
THE BIG ISLAND. LIGHTNING DETECTION SENSORS ARE PLACING 
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN THE COLD TOP REGION 600 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE 
BIG ISLANDS.

A COLD FRONT AND ASSOCIATED CLOUD BAND MOVING 15 MPH TOWARD THE 
SOUTHEAST HAS BREACHED 30N BETWEEN 166W AND 177W AND IS NOW 
STRETCHED ACROSS 28N BEFORE HEADING NORTH AT 30N 166W.

OVER THE ISLANDS...MOST CLOUDS THIS MORNING ARE OVER WINDWARD AREAS 
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF OAHU WHERE SOME STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ AND 
TOWERING CUMULUS /TCU/ ARE FORMING OVER SOUTHERN OAHU. WINDWARD 
CLOUDS ARE BROKEN TO OVERCAST SC AND TCU WITH THE TCU/S GROWING AS 
HIGH AS 15 THOUSAND FEET. THE LEEWARD WATERS OF OAHU AND MAUI HAVE 
SOME TCU/S FORMING 40 TO 80 MILES OFFSHORE. LEEWARD SECTIONS OF THE 
ISLANDS ARE MOSTLY CLEAR. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.