Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 18:32:44 -0600

165 
ATHW40 PHFO 050032
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE FEB 5 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC FEBRUARY 5 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER TROUGH JUST WEST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...EXTENDING FROM 30N 155W TO 20N 164W...OR FROM 600 
MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF KAUAI TO 300 MILES WEST SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI. 
THE NORTHERN PORTION OF THIS TROUGH IS MOVING TO THE EAST AT 15 
MPH...WHILE THE SOUTHERN PORTION OF THIS TROUGH IS NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS WITH TOPS TO 35000 FT ARE 
LOCATED ALONG AND TO THE EAST OF THIS TROUGH. THESE CELLS ARE MOVING 
TO THE WEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH. 

A BAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS 200 MILES WIDE EXTENDS 
FROM 22N 147W TO 16N 160W. THIS AREA OF CLOUDS THEN CONTINUES SOUTH 
TO AN AREA OF SCATTERED CONVECTION NEAR 07N BETWEEN 150W AND 170W IN 
THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE /ITCZ/. IN ADDITION...BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST CIRRUS AND CIRROCUMULUS CLOUDS EXTEND 200 MILES WEST OF THE 
MAIN CLOUD BAND. THE WIDESPREAD LAYERED CLOUDS EXTEND THROUGH 20000 
FT...WITH ISOLATED EMBEDDED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS WITH TOPS TO 35000 
FT. IN THE ITCZ...SCATTERED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS EXTEND THROUGH 52000 
FT. 

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...THE BAND OF LAYERED CLOUDS COVERS 
THE EASTERN SLOPES AND INTERIOR OF THE BIG ISLAND. BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST CIRRUS AND CIRROSTRATUS COVERS THE REST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND...AND EXTENDS ACROSS MAUI COUNTY AND OAHU. BENEATH THE HIGH 
CLOUDS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER WINDWARD SLOPES ON OAHU...MOLOKAI 
AND LANAI...AND LIKELY COVER MUCH OF MAUI. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER 
THE INTERIOR KAUAI. BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS...WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING 
CUMULUS AND CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS...COVER LEEWARD COASTAL WATERS 
DOWNSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS. INDIVIDUAL CONVECTIVE ELEMENTS ARE MOVING 
TO THE WEST AT 20 MPH. 

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.