Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:42:02 -0600

802 
FZPN01 KWBC 302141
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 30 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 148W 978 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 27 TO 39 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 
NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 42N TO 57N BETWEEN 130W AND 163W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 130W 992 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 24 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 780 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. FROM 42N TO 48N E OF 131W WINDS TO
25 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 168E 964 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 46N 169E TO 45N 175E TO 41N 177E TO 35N 172E. WITHIN
300 NM S QUADRANT AND 180 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 44N...WINDS 50
TO 65 KT SEAS 19 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 360 NM 
NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
780 NM SE AND 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 
TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 178E 968 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 52N 
175E TO 52N 171W TO 45N 161W TO 38N 167W. WITHIN 420 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 300 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 50N...WINDS 
40 TO 55 KT SEAS 27 TO 42 FT.  ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 420 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 13 TO 27 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 180 982 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM NW AND 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 167E 992 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 174W 990 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 780 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N 169E 979 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 116W AND 124W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 49N 125W 1007 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.LOW 63N 172W 1001 MB MOVING E 10 KT. OVER ICE FREE WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATING.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N 167E 1007 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N W OF 
180...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N 156W 996 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 52N 148W TO 48N 143W TO 42N 143W. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT AND 240 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 57N AND W OF 160W AREA OF LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.

.FROM 33N TO 45N BETWEEN 178W AND 175E DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 50N BETWEEN 155W AND 170W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.

.HIGH 33N 158W 1033 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 153W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 154W 1035 MB.

.HIGH 33N 140W 1033 MB MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N 133W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 41N 162W 1031 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 148W 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 139W 1033 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED JAN 30
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU JAN 31
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI FEB 01

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 9N TO 23N W OF 118W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT. N OF 23N BETWEEN 113W AND 122W N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 23N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT 10 TO 15 FT FROM 13N TO 
20N W OF 128W. ELSEWHERE N OF 18N BETWEEN 115W AND 128W N TO NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 6N W 
OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 29N W OF 126W E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN MIXED E AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 3N W OF 
114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS OCCASIONALLY TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 22N TO 26N E OF 109W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC WED JAN 30...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 2N78W 6N110W 10N130W 
8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS W OF 132W.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.