Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 22:40:06 -0600

815 
FZPN40 PHFO 260440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT JAN 26 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 26 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 27 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 28 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N170E 21N 160E MOVING E 15 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT NORTH OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 177E 26N 170W 22N 163E. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.STATIONARY FRONT 30N 170W 25N 170W 22N 172W, ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 300 E OF FRONT N OF 26N... AND WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT S 
OF 24N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH THROUGH 30N 171W 20N 173W.

.SHEAR LINE 20N 149W 25N 160W MOVING SW 15 KT. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
NE OF SHEAR LINE 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE 30N 177W 23N 170E MOVING SE 10 KT.

.RIDGE 30N 150W 24N 140W MOVING E 10 KT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 15 TO 20 FT NORTH OF THE LINE 27N 160E 30N 166E. SEAS 9 TO 12 
FT IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 179E 17N 173E 30N 164W. SEAS 9 TO 12 
FT EAST OF 30N 164W 09N 140W. REMAINDER 7 TO 9 FT EXCEPT LESS THAN 8 
FT SOUTH OF 10N WEST OF 175E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 20 FT WEST OF A LINE 20N 160E 30N 178E 
AND EAST OF A LINE 30N 152W 20N 140W. ELSEWHERE SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NORTH OF A LINE 12N 160E 27N 172W 
13N141W. SEAS LESS THAN 9 FT SOUTH OF 10N. ELSEWHERE SEAS 9 TO 12 
FT. 

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS SOUTH OF 10N AND WEST OF 173E.

ITCZ...08N 140W 06N 157W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.