Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:14:56 -0600

456 
ATHW40 PHFO 110514
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC FRI JAN 11 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 11 2008

THE DISSIPATING REMNANTS OF A CLOUD BAND ORIGINALLY ASSOCIATED WITH 
A FRONT STILL COULD BE SEEN WITHIN ABOUT 60 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 
22N 180 TO 21N 170W TO 25N 159W TO 30N 152 AND FURTHER WEST AND 
NORTHEAST. ALTHOUGH THIS FEATURE ORIGINALLY CONSISTED MAINLY OF 
LAYERED CLOUDS...THESE HAD WITHDRAWN TO NORTHEAST OF ABOUT 26N 
156W...LEAVING BEHIND MAINLY FRAGMENTED STRATOCUMULI AND CUMULI. 
THIS BAND WAS NEARLY STATIONARY.

FURTHER NORTHWEST...A BAND OF DENSE LAYERED CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A 
STILL EXTANT FRONT APPROACHED MIDWAY ISLAND FROM THE NORTHWEST AT 
AROUND 20 MILES AN HOUR.

IN BETWEEN THE TWO BANDS...CLOUD COVER WAS SPARSE...THOUGH DENSELY 
PACKED COLD-AIR CUMULI APPEARED NORTH OF THE CURVE FROM 30N 167W TO 
28N 163W TO 30N 159W.

FAR TO THE SOUTH...THERE WAS LITTLE OR NO CONVECTION IN THE ITCZ... 
BUT DENSE LAYERED MIDDLE TO HIGH CLOUDS FROM EARLIER ACTIVITY 
OBSCURED LOWER CLOUD FEATURES WITHIN 170 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 05N 
180 TO 08N 175W TO 08N 160W.

FRAGMENTED LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS PARTLY TO MOSTLY OBSCURED LOWER CLOUD 
FEATURES WITHIN 120 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 19N 159W TO 25N 152W TO 
30N 148W AND FURTHER NORTHEAST. THESE CLOUDS MOVED EAST AT AROUND 25 
MILES AN HOUR.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...THE LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS MOSTLY 
OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES FROM OAHU TO THE BIG ISLAND. OVER KAUAI... 
CLOUD COVER CONSISTED MAINLY OF LAYERED DEBRIS DRIFTING SOUTHWEST 
FROM DAYTIME CLOUD BUILDUPS OVER THE MOUNTAINOUS INTERIOR...AND 
THOSE LOWER CLOUDS VISIBLE ON THE OTHER ISLANDS WERE SIMILAR. THESE 
LOWER CLOUDS ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 4000 TO 7000 FEET. RADAR DATA FROM 
NEAR THE ISLANDS SHOWED LITTLE OR NO PRECIPITATION.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.