Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:40:31 -0600

753 
FZPN40 PHFO 121640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT JAN 12 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 12 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 13 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 14 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
COLD FRONT THRU 30N 158W 24N 168W CONTINUING AS A SHEAR LINE 21N 180 
20N 165E. FRONT MOVING E 20 KT. SHEAR LINE MOVING S SLOWLY. WITHIN 
12 HOURS WINDS INCREASING TO 25 TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 
172W AND 151W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 149W 20N 158W THENCE SHEAR LINE 
17N 170W. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 162W AND 145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 141W 20N 149W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N AND N OF 25N IN AREA BETWEEN 158W 
AND 149W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NORTHWEST OF AREA. SOUTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 28N W OF 172E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 170E 27N 160E. SOUTHWEST TO WEST 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 176W AND 170E.

RIDGE 28N 140W 24N 170W MOVING S SLOWLY AND ERODING FROM THE WEST.

HIGH 31N 176E 1025 MB MOVING E 20 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH THRU 27N 170W 
AND 27N 160E.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 07N TO 22N BETWEEN 170W AND 163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 07N TO 22N BETWEEN 
162W AND 168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 08N TO 22N BETWEEN 
158W AND 177E.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 15 TO 26 FT N OF LINE 30N 162W 26N 170W 26N 178E. SEAS 10 TO 14 
FT REMAINDER OF AREA... EXCEPT SEAS 8 OR LESS S OF LINE EQ 177W 07N 
170E 04N 160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 28 FT N OF LINE 30N 152W 23N 160W 16N 
177W. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT REMAINDER OF AREA... EXCEPT SEAS 8 OR LESS S 
OF LINE EQ 177W 07N 160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 18 FT WITHIN 300 NM OF LINE 30N 152W 
21N 160W 16N 170W 15N 175E... EXCEPT SEAS 8 OR LESS S OF 15N E OF 
147W AND S OF LINE EQ 177W 05N 170E 07N 160E. 

ITCZ...07N 140W 04N 156W 06N 170W 06N 180 06N 160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN ITCZ AND 10N W OF 166W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE
FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE
LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE 
LETTERS/ WITH
ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO [email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.