Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 04:45:10 -0600

462 
FZPN40 PHFO 191045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT JAN 19 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 19 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 20 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 21 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 166E 26N 160E.  WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
WITHIN W OF FRONT AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 176E 25N 169E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
THE FRONT AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 173W 22N 176E 19N 167E.  FRONT BECOMING 
STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 169W 26N 175W 23N 178E MOVING E 10 KT.

TROUGH 28N 157W 22N 158W 16N 157W MOVING W SLOWLY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 150W AND 154W BOUNDED BY 15N AND 20N.

RIDGE 30N 158W 23N 172W 22N 180 NEARLY STATIONARY.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 172W AND 170E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 
MOSTLY 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 06N W OF 172E.  
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE 04N 160E 10N 
140W.

ITCZ 06N 140W 05N 150W 05N 170W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N OF 
ITCZ E OF 160W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.