Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 04:45:08 -0600

406 
FZPN40 PHFO 101045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN FEB 10 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 10 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 11 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 12 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF FORECAST WATERS.  
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N W OF 164E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N165E 26N160E.  WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF A 
LINE 23N160E 25N175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N166E 26N160E.  WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
BETWEEN THE FRONT AND 174E...AND WITHIN 480 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 
25N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N174W 26N180 24N173E THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT THRU 
22N160E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 25 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 
FRONT AND 163W N OF 28.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N161E 26N169W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.TROUGH 16N156W 12N155W 07N159W NEARLY STATIONARY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS E OF TROUGH N OF 09N.

.RIDGE 30N156E 24N173W 23N176E NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE WEST.

.RIDGE 30N163E 24N174E MOVING E 25 KT.

EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 13N AND 17N E OF 153W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 16N E OF 
147W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE 30N163E 26N176E 30N172W.  SEAS 8 FT 
OR LESS S OF 20N W OF 170E AND S OF 04N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E.  
ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE 30N162E 26N170E 
26N165W 30N160W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 16N W OF 170W.  ELSEWHERE 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 27N160E 24N180 
30N155W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 20N W OF 170E AND S OF 06N E OF 
170E.

.ITCZ...EASTERN SEGMENT 07N140W 05N155W...WESTERN SEGMENT 04N178W 
04N160E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM N OF THE WESTERN 
SEGMENT.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.