Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:23:20 -0600

264 
ATPQ40 PGUM 181423
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST SAT JAN 19 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEARLINE STRETCHES WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N180 TO 22N170E TO 
END NEAR 18N147E. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG 
AND UP TO 400 MILES NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY BETWEEN 180E AND 153E AND 
UP TO 100 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE BOUNDARY BETWEEN 153E AND 147E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING A LARGE AREA OF SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF CHUUK AND 
ACROSS...POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND THE MARSHALL ISLANDS WITHIN 125 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 4N150E TO 5N180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM NEAR 7N130E TO 
EQ155E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH 
THE TROUGH ARE OCCURRING FROM EQ130E TO 5N140E TO EQ150E AND BACK 
TO EQ130E.

A CIRCULATION LOCATED JUST TO THE WEST OF 130E AT 12N IS TRIGGERING 
SCATTERED SHOWER AND THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY WEST OF A LINE THAT 
EXTENDS FROM 9N131E TO 14N131E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.