Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:01:09 -0600

769 
WWPS21 NFFN 072100    
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 07/2300 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07F [1007HPA] ANALYSED NEAR 18.9S 175.5W AT
072100UTC AND IS SLOW MOVING. POSITION FAIR BASED ON MTSAT VIS/IR
IMAGERY WITH ANIMATION AND PERIPHERAL SURFACE OSERVATION. SST AROUND
28-29 DEGREE CELCIUS.
CONVECTION HAS SLIGHTLY INCREASED FOR THE LAST 12 HOURS WITH CYCLONIC
CIRCULATION MORE EVIDENT FROM SURFACE TO 250 HPA. 07F LIES IN A LOW
TO MODERATE SHEARED ENVIRONMENT WITH LLCC PARTLY EXPOSED. GLOBAL
MODELS [AVN,EC,GFS] PICKING UP THE SYSTEM WITH LITTLE INTENSIFICATION
AND MOVING 07F SLOWLY TOWARDS THE SOUTHWEST.

POTENTIAL FOR THE SYSTEM TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS MODERATE.     

NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN
THE AREA.           

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.