Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 02:33:49 -0600

290 
FQPS01 NFFN 180600    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE EQUATOR to 25S between 160E and
120W 
issued by Fiji Meteorological Service Jan 180800 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNINGHURRICANE WARNING 029 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan
18/0708 UTC 2008 UTC.
SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA CENTRE [960HPA] CATEGORY 3 WAS LOCATED
NEAR 18 DECIMAL 4 SOUTH 172 DECIMAL 9 EAST AT 180600 UTC. POSITION
FAIR.  REPEAT POSITION 18.4 SOUTH 172.9 EAST AT 180600 UTC.CYCLONE
MOVING SOUTHEAST AT ABOUT 12 KNOTS.CYCLONE INTENSIFYING.EXPECT
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 75 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE INCREASING TO 85
KNOTS WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 63 KNOTS WITHIN 25 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 50 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 150 MILES OF CENTRE.         
FORECAST POSITION NEAR 20.5S 174.2E AT 181800 UTC
                       AND NEAR 23.2S 174.7E AT 190600 UTC.
ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC
AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 027..

GALE WARNING 030 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 18/0737 UTC 2008
UTC.***CORRECTION TO AREAS BOUNDED********IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 25S
162W 23S 162W 23S 158W 20S 159W 25S 159W 25S 162W EXPECT NORTHEAST TO
SOUTHEAST WINDS 30 TO 35 KNOTS. AREA OF GALES MOVING SOUTHWEST 10
KNOTS. THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 028.

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 190600 UTC.

 TROPICAL CYCLONE TC FUNA [960HPA] CATEGORY 3 NEAR 18.4S 172.9E AT
180600UTC MOVING SOUEAST AT 12 KNOTS. POSITION FAIR. OUTSIDE THE
WARNING AREA EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 25 TO 30 KNOTS WITHIN 150 MILES
OF THE CENTRE. VERY ROUGH TO HIGH SEAS. MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS.

WEAK LOW L1 [1005HPA] NEAR 20S 162W.

LOW L2 [1000HPA] NEAR 22S 173W. 

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 05S 180 10S 177W 18S 175W TO L2. POOR VISIBILITY
IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF
CZ1.

TROUGH T1 15S 160E 15S 167E TO TC FUNA TO 25S 177E. SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 200 MILES OF CZ1.

TROUGH T2 10S 166W 15S 160W 20S 160W 25S 157W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN RAIN AND SQUALLY THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF T1.

TROUGH T3 10S 160W 10S 150W 15S 137W 20S 132W 25S 131W SLOW MOVING.
POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES
OF T2.

WITHIN 150 MILES OF CZ1, EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWESTERLY WINDS 20
TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS UPTO 30 KNOTS IN THUNDERSTORM SQUALLS. ROUGH
TO VERY ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE SWELLS.

SOUTH OF 15S AND BETWEEN 175W AND 160W NORTHEAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS
AND UPTO 30 KNOTS AT TIMES.

OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 10S BETWEEN 175W AND 155W MODERATE EASTERLY
SWELLS AND BETWEEN 160W AND 135W NODERATE NORTH TO NORTHEAST SWELLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.