Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:50:20 -0600

428 
FZPN40 PHFO 311550
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU JAN 31 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 31 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 01 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 02 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT JUST NW OF FORECAST AREA. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N167E 28N160E. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 31 2008 COLD FRONT PASSING NW 
OF AREA. SW WINDS 20 T0 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 171E AND 160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT JUST NW OF FORECAST AREA. SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N164E 
28N160E. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 01 2008 COLD FRONT THRU 30N164E 
28N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE THRU 
30N174E 28N167E 27N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N173E 26N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
9 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 170E AND 177E. 

TROUGH THRU 06N154W 08N147W 13N141W NEARLY STATIONARY. NE TO E WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 360 NM NW OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH N OF 07N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH THRU 08N149W 10N144W 15N140W. NE TO E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM NW OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH THRU 10N146W 16N145W. ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 18N TO 26N BETWEEN 150W AND 165W...AND 
FROM 08N TO 20N BETWEEN 170W AND 172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 27N IN AREA E OF 
170W...AND FROM 09N TO 19N BETWEEN 170W AND 170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 28N IN AREA E OF 
165W.

.RIDGE THRU 30N166W 26N177E 24N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE THRU 30N150W 26N170W 
20N173E 13N170E EQ180 EQ160W 07N140W 30N140W 30N150W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT FROM EQ TO 23N BETWEEN 165W AND 
168E...SEAS 9 TO 12 FT FROM 14N TO 27N BETWEEN 165W AND 156W...AND 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 06N E OF 155W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 10N E OF 160W...AND 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE THRU 30N160W 30N170W 
13N163E 05N170E 17N165W 15N160W 30N160W. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 29N BETWEEN 175W AND 170E... 
FROM 18N TO 27N BETWEEN 151W AND 144W...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE 
THRU 11N156W 06N172W.  

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.