Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:12:57 -0600

135 
ATPQ40 PGUM 171412
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST FRI JAN 18 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 5N130E TO 
EQ152E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING 
NORTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 10N130E TO 
5N137E. THIS AREA INCLUDES PALAU.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N150E TO 19N130E. 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 150 
MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY BETWEEN 140E AND 150E AND UP TO 300 
MILES NORTHWEST OF THE BOUNDARY BETWEEN 130E AND 140E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS ACROSS 
POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND THE MARSHALL ISLANDS WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 5N155E TO 7N162E TO 6N180. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.