Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:21:15 -0600

388 
FZPN01 KWBC 041621
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 04 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 44N 135W 958 MB MOVING NE 20 KT WITH FRONT FROM 48N 134W TO 
44N 129W TO 37N 129W TO 34N 133W. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 55 TO 65 KT SEAS 29 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM W AND 420 NM S QUADRANTS AND 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
37N... WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 30 KT. ALSO WITHIN 780 NM W 
AND 600 NM S AND 240 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 
TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 130W 965 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 19 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM S AND W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS WELL INLAND.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 160E 976 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM S AND 420 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
11 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 168E 975 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 300 
NM NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM NE AND 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 178E 998 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 173W 969 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 240 
NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 480 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 149W 976 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 146W 974 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM TO 720 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 139W 982 MB. WITHIN 720 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 170W 998 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT... 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH FORECAST LOW 
57N 146W MENTIONED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N 173E 1000 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE AND AND 
300 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 168W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 171E 1000 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E AND 420 
NM W AND 360 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 
FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH FORECAST 
LOW 45N 173W MENTIONED ABOVE.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 58N 159W TO 58N 170W TO 60N 179W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 155W TO 57N 164W TO 61N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 158W TO 61N 
168W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.N OF 59N W OF THE ALASKAN COAST...N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 36N TO 48N BETWEEN 158W AND 170W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 30N 164W 1026 MB MOVING E 10 KT...WILL TURN SE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N 166E 1018 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI JAN 04
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT JAN 05
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN JAN 06

.WARNINGS.
...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 10N100W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W 
13N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W 8N90W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 4N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 
115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 16N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W E TO SE WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 5N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 110W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 16 FT 
IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W 
E TO SE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN MERGING NW AND NE 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 6N TO 11N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 115W NE TO E WINDS 2O TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT
IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN MERGING NE AND E SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 11N97W 10N112W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
10 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN MERGING NW AND E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
FROM 8N TO 12N BETWEEN 105W AND 120W E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 12 
FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 13N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
MIXED NW AND E SWELL. 

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 6N E OF 93W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 8N E OF 93W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.N OF 4N BETWEEN 78W TO 84W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 6N FROM 79W TO 81W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 9N TO 15N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 16N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. FROM 4N TO 8N W OF 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 19N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. S OF 8N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.N OF 28N W OF 125W SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N118W 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N128W 23N140W. N OF 27N BETWEEN 
120W AND FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE...N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 20N W OF 117W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 17N 
W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC FRI JAN 4...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N80W 5N110W 8N120W 7N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 180 NM N OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 110W AND 117W...AND WITHIN 140 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 132W 
AND 135W. 

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.