Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 06:29:59 -0600

976 
ATHW40 PHFO 051229
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC TUE FEB 05 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 05 2008

A LARGE AREA OF OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS COMPLETELY COVERED THE 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS EARLY THIS TUESDAY MORNING.  THIS AREA OF 
CLOUDINESS WAS MAINLY BOUNDED BY 08N AND 22N LATITUDES BETWEEN 150W 
AND 165W LONGITUDES.  ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE NOTED ALONG THE 
SOUTHERN PART OF THIS AREA BETWEEN 07N AND 11N WITH ADDITIONAL 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS EXTENDING FURTHER SOUTH TO 05N 
FROM 140W TO 170W.  

OTHER ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE FORMING JUST OUTSIDE THE CIRRUS 
SWATH...BETWEEN 18N AND 19N FROM 164W TO 167W.  A HANDFUL OF OTHER 
THUNDERSTORMS WAS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE WEST SIDE OF THE CIRRUS AREA 
ABOUT 425 MILES SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU.  ANY OTHER THUNDERSTORMS 
FORMING WITHIN THE MASS OF CLOUDS WAS DIFFICULT TO DETECT VIA 
SATELLITE IMAGERY. 

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH ABOUT 265 MILES WEST OF KAUAI WAS RESPONSIBLE 
FOR THE UNSTABLE WEATHER IN THE VICINITY OF THE ISLANDS.  THE TROUGH 
AXIS STRETCHED FROM 24N 163W TO NEAR 10N 170W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.