Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:08:09 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 121930
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/121930Z-130600ZJAN2008//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 11.8N
124.2E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.1N 119.5E, APPROXIMATELY 170 NM SOUTH-
SOUTHWEST OF MANILA, PHILIPPINES. RECENT METSAT AND SYNOPTIC
OBSERVATIONS REVEAL A WELL-DEFINED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC)WITH CONVECTIVE BANDING ON THE NORTHWESTERN EDGE. RECENT
SCATTEROMETER DATA INDICATES THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE ALONG THE
NORTHWESTERN EDGE OF THE LLCC WITH LIGHTER WINDS NEAR THE CORE. THE
UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT CONTINUES TO BE FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT AS
GOOD POLEWARD OUTFLOW IS ENHANCING UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENCE. VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR VALUES OVER THE DISTURBANCE ARE LOW TO MODERATE. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 18 TO 22 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR. SEE REF A (WTPN21 PGTW 121730) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREA IN 1.B.(1) TO GOOD.
FORECAST TEAM: ALPHA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.