Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:49:00 -0600

886 
ATPQ40 PGUM 101448
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST FRI JAN 11 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES FROM 5N130E TO A CIRCULATION 
SOUTH OF PALAU NEAR 5N133E TO EQ146E. LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROUGH AND CIRCUALTION COMBINED WITH UPPER-LEVEL 
DIVERGENCE IS GENERATING NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
WITHIN 200 MILES OF A LINE FROM 3N149E TO 15N130E. THIS AREA COVERS 
PALAU AND PORTIONS OF YAP STATE.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTH OF 
POHNPEI AND ACROSS KOSRAE AND EXTREME SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF THE 
MARSHALL ISLANDS BETWEEN 2N AND 6N FROM 154E TO 173E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE ALSO FOUND WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE THAT STRETCHED 
FROM 6N172E TO 9N174E...WHICH IS JUST EAST OF MAJURO.

A SHEAR LINE SNAKES ACROSS THE WESTERN PACIFIC FROM 25N164E TO 
18N145E. CLOUDINESS...PATCHY LIGHT RAIN AND EMBEDDED SHOWER ACTIVITY 
ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.