Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:29:07 -0600

552 
ATHW40 PHFO 160029
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC WED JAN 16 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 16 2008

A RATHER STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS SEEN SPINNING ABOUT 900 MILES 
TO THE NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU. THE LOW IS PRESENTLY SEEN DRIFTING 
TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST. DEEP CONVECTION IS SEEN NEAR THE CENTER 
OF THE LOW AND ALONG ITS ASSOCIATED FRONTAL BOUNDARY TO THE NORTH OF 
30N. THE TAIL END OF THE FRONT IS WELL TO THE EAST NORTHEAST OF THE 
STATE AND CONSISTS OF STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS. 

OVER AND AROUND THE ISLANDS LIES A VERY BROAD FIELD OF STABLE 
STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS WHICH ARE GENERALLY MOVING INTO THE ISLANDS 
FROM THE NORTH AND NORTHEAST. MOSTLY CLOUDY CONDITIONS ARE SEEN OVER 
THE ISLANDS OF KAUAI AND OAHU WITH JUST A FEW RANDOM BREAKS 
OCCASIONALLY OPENING UP. OVER ON MOLOKAI MOST OF THE EASTERN TWO 
THIRDS OF THE ISLAND ARE CLOUD COVERED WHILE NORTHERN AND INTERIOR 
SECTIONS OF LANAI ARE CLOUDY. OVER ON MAUI LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP 
OVER THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER THE NORTHEAST FACING 
SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER ON THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS 
ARE BANKED UP OVER THE LOWER AND MIDDLE SLOPES OF MAUNA KEA AND 
MAUNA LOA WITH A FEW BREAKS SEEN OVER LEEWARD KOHALA WITH THE HIGH 
SUMMITS BEING BASICALLY CLOUDY FREE. 

IR AND WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IS SHOWING A BROAD SWATH OF HIGH CIRRUS 
CLOUDS STREAMING TOWARD THE EAST NORTHEAST. THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF 
THIS SWATH CONTINUES TO SHIFT TOWARD THE EAST SOUTHEAST AWAY FROM 
THE ISLANDS.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.