Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 04:45:06 -0600

578 
FZPN40 PHFO 141045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON JAN 14 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 14 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 15 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 16 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 143W 25N 145W 22N 149W 19N 155W. COLD FRONT MOVING 
E 15 KT. N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 22N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 160W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF COLD FRONT N OF 
27N. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF COLD FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 140W 23N 144W. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN 146W AND 153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DECREASING TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

COLD FRONT 30N 169E 26N 160E MOVING E 20 KT. W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT IN AREA BETWEEN FRONT AND LINE 30N 180 26N 170E. ISOLATED 
TSTMS IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 180 26N 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 179E 25N 168E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF COLD FRONT N OF 27N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 172W 27N 177W 24N 175E. WINDS 
DECREASING TO 20 KT OR LESS.

RIDGE 30N 170W 25N 178E 23N 160E MOVING E 10 KT.

RIDGE 24N 140W 22N 143W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE W.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 06N TO 21N BETWEEN 170E AND 
158W...AND FROM 21N TO 27N BETWEEN 170W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 06N TO 21N 
BETWEEN 175E AND 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 17N 
W OF 170W

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 15 TO 22 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 146W 23N 150W 12N 166W. SEAS 
8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINE 08N 160E 09N 167E EQ 175E. SEAS 9 TO 
17 FT REST OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 21 FT IN AREA N OF LINES 26N 160E 
28N 175E 30N 178W AND 26N 156W 23N 150W 30N 142W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS 
IN AREA S OF LINES 05N 160E 07N 166E EQ 175E AND EQ 154W 15N 140W. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT REST OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 19 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 163E 
24N 167E 23N 172E 30N 172W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINES 
04N 160E 05N 169E EQ 174E AND 03N 145W 06N 140W. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT 
REST OF AREA.

ITCZ...05N 140W 04N 155W 05N 163E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
210 NM OF ITCZ W OF 155W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.