Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 04:56:16 -0600

357 
FZPN40 PHFO 011056
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE JAN 01 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 01 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 02 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 03 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 143W 26N 149W THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 21N 158W 15N 
165W.  FRONT MOVING E 10 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING SE SLOWLY.  WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 26N 156W 10N 168W 10N 170E 20N 
165E 28N 156W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N 160W 
16N 150W 13N 153W 10N 165E 22N 170E 25N 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 23N BOUNDED BY 
155W AND 175E.

RIDGE 30N 172E 25N 160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 8 FT OF LESS SW OF A LINE 13S 160E 25S 180.  SEAS 14 TO 17 FT 
BETWEEN 12N AND 22N BOUNDED BY 170W AND 168E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SW OF A LINE 10S 160E EQ 175E. 
SEAS 14 TO 17 FT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N BOUNDED BY 170W AND 165E.  
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 06N W OF 170E. SEAS 8 TO 15 
OVER THE REST OF THE AREA.

ITCZ...07N 140W 09N 152W 07N 161W 07N 179W.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 160W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.