Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 22:45:08 -0600

418 
FZPN40 PHFO 150445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE JAN 15 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 15 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 16 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 17 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW NORTH OF FORECAST AREA. N WINDS 25 TO 30 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN 
146W AND 154W. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT N OF 22N E OF 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NORTH OF AREA. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 144W AND 155W. SEAS 15 TO 18 FT N OF 22N E OF 157W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DECREASED TO 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 12 FT.

.FRONT 30N 175E 25N 160E MOVING E 30 KT. SW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT N OF 
27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 178W. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF 26N W OF 178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 173W 25N 176E. WINDS DIMINISHING TO
20 KT OR LESS. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE 19N 160E 19N 175E
30N 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 165W 24N 180. WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE 15N 160E 15N 175E 30N 170W.

.FRONT THROUGH 28N 140W 20N 146W 16N 160W MOVING E SLOWLY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE 30N 165W 24N 180W 22N 167E WEAKENING AND MOVING E SLOWLY.

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 16 FT FROM 08N TO 20N BETWEEN 
156W AND 176E.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 25N 160E 05N 170E EQ 170W 
05N 153W 20N 140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 15N 160E
EQ 180 EQ 150W 10N 140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 10N 160E
EQ 180 04N 160W 13N 140W.

WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 10N TO 18N BETWEEN 160W AND 168W...AND 
FROM 02N TO 07N W OF 175W.

ITCZ...06N 140W 05N 160W 05N 175W 05N 170E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.