Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:41:21 -0600

012 
FZPN01 KWBC 282141
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 28 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 179E 1004 MB MOVING NE 30 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING.
WITHIN 240 NM NE...420 NM SE...180 NM NW...AND 360 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 167W 972 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 19 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 480 NM 
S SEMICIRCLE AND 360 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 
TO 19 FT. ALSO FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 152W AND 171E...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 149W 974 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 28 TO 45 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM SW AND 600 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 
TO 28 FT.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 39N 156E 985 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 42N 161E TO 37N 166E TO 31N 163E...WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 170E 966 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
37N TO 50N BETWEEN 176W AND 164E...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. ALSO FROM 34N TO 51N BETWEEN 171W AND 162E...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 148W 984 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E AND 
NE...AND 720 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO
20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 53N 135W 994 MB.
WITHIN 360 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 54N 141W TO 50N 127W...WINDS 40
TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM S AND 
SE...AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 60N 175E 978 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S 
AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N 180 988 MB. OVER ICE FREE WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 64N 170W 1001 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 43N TO 52N W OF 169E AREA OF WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 176E 996 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 53N 149W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N E OF 124W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.FROM 34N TO 39N BETWEEN 176W AND 179E DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY
REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 156W AND 163W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 33N 156W 1034 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 43N 159W 1031 MB MOVING SE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 142W 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 132W 1034 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 178W 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 161W 1032 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON JAN 28
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE JAN 29
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED JAN 30

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 93W AND 97W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 
9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 13N W OF 91W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. FROM 5N TO 12N BETWEEN 91W AND 
110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND E SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N W OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 5N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 90W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT 
PRIMARILY IN MIXED E AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N W OF 88W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.N OF 3N BETWEEN 78W AND 82W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED N AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 4N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
8 FT IN MIXED N AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 19N TO 25N W OF 110W...INCLUDING THE SOUTHERN GULF OF 
CALIFORNIA...NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 22N TO 27N W OF 110W...INCLUDING THE 
SOUTHERN GULF OF CALIFORNIA...NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 13 FT IN  
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N115W 12N110W 6N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 23N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 12 FT. N OF 20N BETWEEN 110W AND 115W N WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 27N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. N OF 23N E OF 120W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2115 UTC MON JAN 28...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 4N77W 3N80W 6N85W 6N105W 
10N123W 7N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.