Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 23:30:09 -0600

043 
ATHW40 PHFO 040530
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC MON FEB 04 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC FEBRUARY 04 2008

AN UPPER TROUGH REMAINS JUST WEST OF THE ISLANDS...WITH AN AXIS 
RUNNING THROUGH 32N160W AND 20N166W. ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS...CB... 
ARE EAST OF THE TROUGH AXIS...NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 30N155W TO 
KAUAI TO 20N159W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS ARE ALSO EAST 
OF THE TROUGH BETWEEN A NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST LINE ACROSS MAUI TO 
A SIMILARLY ORIENTED LINE 600 TO THE EAST OF MAUI. THESE LAYERED 
CLOUDS COVER THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI BLOCKING THE VIEW OF LOW CLOUDS 
THERE. CLOUD TOPS ARE UP TO 36000 FEET.

BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN OVER MOLOKAI LANAI AND 
OAHU WITH TOPS TO 17000 FEET. THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE WEST 
NORTHWEST AT 25 MPH. A THUNDERSTORM CONTINUES OVER KAUAI COVERING 
THE ENTIRE ISLAND.

$$
CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.