Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:32:43 -0600

423 
ATPQ40 PGUM 060332
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST WED FEB 6 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A FRONTAL BOUNDARY EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N164E TO NORTH OF 
THE MARIANAS AT 21N146E...THEN TURNS NORTHWESTWARD TO A LOW PRESSURE 
SYSTEM CENTERED SOUTHEAST OF OKINAWA NEAR 25N134E. EXTENSIVE 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES 
NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND WIDESPREAD RAIN 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM ARE FOUND WITHIN 120 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 20N130E TO 25N135E.

A SHEAR LINE CURVES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N163E THROUGH THE NORTHERN 
MARIANAS AT 18N146E TO NEAR 16N139E. PATCHY CLOUDS AND SCATTERED 
LIGHT SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 100 MILES NORTH OF THIS 
BOUNDARY.

A WEAK TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS INDUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTH OF 
WAKE ISLAND WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 19N171E TO 14N163E TO 
14N153E.

THE COMBINATION OF STRONG SURFACE CONVERGENCE AND UPPER-LEVEL 
DIVERGENCE IS PRODUCING NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS 
SOUTH OF YAP WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 4N137E TO 7N146E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS EASTWARD FROM 1N130E TO 1N145E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING IN THE 
VICINITY OF THE TROUGH AXIS WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM EQ130E TO 
3N147E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF CHUUK AND POHNPEI WITHIN 160 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 3N150E TO 2N159E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
ALSO FORMING OVER KOSRAE TO SOUTH OF MAJURO TO THE DATELINE...OR 
WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 2N159E TO 5N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.