Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 03:48:59 -0600

351 
FZPN01 KWBC 200948
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FEB 20 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 149W 960 MB MOVING N 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 52N 150W 
TO 48N 143W TO 45N 142W TO 33N 153W. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
AND 120 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 47N...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 
TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM S AND E SEMICIRCLES...AND 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 149W 969 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 58N 
150W TO 57N 140W TO 50N 130W TO 43N 130W. WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 50N...WINDS 35 TO 45 
KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1080 SW AND 900 W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 153W 985 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE AND FROM 40N TO 60N BETWEEN 155W AND 171W...WINDS 25 
TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 40N 159E 993 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
NE AND 360 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
ALSO FROM 30N TO 42N W OF 166E...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 166E 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 43N 
168E TO 39N 174E TO 30N 174E. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT AND 120 
NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 35N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 42N W OF 176E...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 
TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 49N W OF 180...WINDS 25 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 157W 968 MB MOVING NW 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
54N BETWEEN 135W AND 150W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
FORECAST LOW 57N 149W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N 162W 1003 MB MOVING E 35 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 143W 1007 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 133W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 15 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 133W 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND 60 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 127W 1000 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 125W 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW AND 60 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 57N AND W OF 177W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. .24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 57N AND W OF 175W AREA OF MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N 56N BETWEEN 162W AND 168W. AREA OF MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 51N 169W 982 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 660 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND REMAINDER NW QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 
TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH FORECAST LOW 
57N 149W MENTIONED ABOVE.  

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N 159W 1017 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 144W 1003 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT 
WITHIN 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

.HIGH 33N 130W 1025 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 124W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 37N 160E 1021 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 173E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 171W 1027 MB. 

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED FEB 20
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU FEB 21
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI FEB 22

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 8N TO 12N W OF 130W  NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 8N TO 16N W OF 127W  NE WIND 20 KT
SEAS 9 FT.

.S OF 12N FROM 100W TO 115W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 9 FT
IN NW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 23N W OF 130W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 12N W OF 130W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  
SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  ELSEWHERE N OF 8N W OF 120W  WIND LESS THAN 
20 KT  SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS N OF 25N. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...
NE TO E WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC WED FEB 20.
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W  3N85W  7N130W  6N140W.   
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM S OF AXIS FROM 83W TO 91W. 

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.