Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:45:07 -0600

158 
FZPN40 PHFO 061645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN JAN 06 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 06 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 07 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 08 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT VICINITY OF 30N 160E MOVING E 35 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N 
OF 28N W OF 170E. 
.12 HR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 30N 169E 27N 164E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
N OF 26N W OF 173E.
.24 HR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 30N 179E 27N 173E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT
N OF 27N W OF 178W.
.36 HR FORECAST COLD FRONT MERGED WITH STATIONARY FRONT NOTED BELOW. 
COLD FRONT THRU 30N 170W 25N 175W 22N 175E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT BOUNDED
BY FRONT AND A LINE FROM 30N 162W THRU 27N 166W TO 23N 175W.
.48 HR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 30N 164W 26N 170W 21N 180. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT BOUNDED BY COLD FRONT AND A LINE FROM 24N 172W THUR 
27N 163W TO 30N 156W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THRU 30N 171W 27N 175W 25N 177E THENCE STATIONARY FRONT 
THRU 24N 170E 20N 160E. N END OF COLD FRONT MOVING E 25 KT AND 
SLOWING...BECOMING STATIONARY BY 070000 UTC THRU 30N 165W 28N 170W 
27N 175W 27N 177E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
28N.
.24 HR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT THRU 30N 165W 28N 170W 28N 179W
25N 178E 21N 167E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM S OF FRONT 
BETWEEN 179W AND 173W. 
.36 HR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT MERGING WITH AN ADVANCING COLD 
FRONT NOTED ABOVE. SEE ABOVE FOR MORE DETAILS.

WEAK LOW 1012MB NR 24N 160E MOVING E 30 KT. LOW DISSIPATED BY 070600 
UTC.
 
.HIGH 1023 MB NEAR 27N 145W MOVING E SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH THRU 
26N 140W AND THRU 27N 160W 22N 180 19N 164E.
.24 HR FORECAST HIGH 1024MB NEAR 27N 142W.
.48 HR FORECAST HIGH E OF FCST AREA.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 06N TO 17N E OF 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 17N 
E OF 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 18N 
E OF 165W.

.SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF 18N E OF 149W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
A LINE 30N 168W 26N 170E 17N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT MAINLY BETWEEN 
17N AND 05N E OF 175E.
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 23 FT N OF A LINE 30N 177E 27N 170E 
26N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 28N 175W 25N 170E 
19N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT MAINLY BETWEEN 16N AND 06N E OF 170W.
.48 HR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 24 FT N OF A LINE 30N 173W 25N 180 
24N 174E 28N 167E 30N 168E. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
30N 150W 26N 160W 17N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT MAINLY BETWEEN 17N AND 
07N E OF 170W.

WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 9 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST 
AREA.

.ITCZ THRU 07N 140W 06N 165W 09N 180. ISOLATED TSTMS ALONG ITCZ E OF 
155W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.