Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 22:40:20 -0600

534 
FZPN40 PHFO 090440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED JAN 09 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 09 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 10 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 11 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N 158W 21N 175W...CONTINUING AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH 
17N 170E 18N 160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT AND SHEAR LINE NEARLY 
STATIONARY. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N. 
OTHERWISE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 152W 
AND 165W. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF COLD FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HR FORECAST FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY THRU 30N 152W 22N 
167W...CONTINUING AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH 18N 179W. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HR FORECAST FRONT AND SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. 

.COLD FRONT THROUGH 30N 163E 29N 160E MOVING E 40 KT. AREA OF 20 TO 
25 KT WINDS N OF 29N W OF 175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 175W 27N 170E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 
90 NM SE OF FRONT AND WITHIN 300 NM W OF FRONT N OF 28N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FORMED THROUGH 30N 154W 25N 160W 22N 
168W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 16N E OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 15N E OF 
165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 16N 
BETWEEN 170E AND 160W. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT 30N 178E 27N 168E CONTINUING AS 
SHEAR LINE 25N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
28N. 

.HIGH 1021 MB 28N 176E MOVING E 30 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH THROUGH 27N 
171W AND THRU 26N 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 1019 MB 29N 163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 1020 MB 26N 164E MOVING E 25 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH THROUGH 26N 
170E AND THRU 26N 160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 1022 MB 25N 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

RIDGE THROUGH 27N 140W 23N 160W 20N 170W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W.

.SEAS 15 TO 27 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 20N 172E 20N 180 25N 170W 30N 
164W. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN REMAINDER OF AREA N OF LINE 13N 160E 17N 
180 25N 160W 25N 150W 30N 142W. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT FROM 06N TO 20N E OF 
165W.
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 18 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 170E AND 177W. 
SEAS 15 TO 22 FT N OF LINE 22N 177W 18N 168W 23N 160W 30N 152W.
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT REMAINDER OF AREA EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF LINE 
07N 160E 06N 180 07N 165W.
.48 HR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 28N 175W 23N 160W 
22N 150W 30N 141W. SEAS 14 TO 15 FT FROM 07N TO 19N BETWEEN 155W AND 
168W. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 05N W 
OF 177E AND N OF 21N W OF 167E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER 
REMAINDER OF AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF LIEN 07N 160E 06N 170E.

.ITCZ 05N 140W 09N 160W 05N 178E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 
NM OF ITCZ. ALSO WITHIN 180 NM N OF ITCZ FROM 157W TO 170W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE
FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE
LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE 
LETTERS/ WITH
ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO [email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.