Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:45:11 -0600

915 
FZPN40 PHFO 101645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN FEB 10 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 10 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 11 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 12 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.6 HOUR FORECAST FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF FORECAST WATERS.  
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N W OF 164E.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT ENTERING FORECAST WATERS AT 30N160E.  WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE 23N160E 27N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N170E 27N166E 24N160E.  WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
N OF 24N W OF 180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N172W 25N179E 23N170E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N171W 26N177W 24N178E THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT THRU 
21N163E.  COLD FRONT MOVING ENE 25 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 
FRONT AND 165W N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED NORTH OF FORECAST WATERS.  ASSOCIATED 
WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH 16N156W 11N156W 07N159W NEARLY STATIONARY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS E OF TROUGH N OF 10N.

.RIDGE 30N148E 24N170W 23N180 NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE WEST.

.RIDGE 30N168E 24N178E MOVING E 25 KT.

EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 16N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 16N E OF 
147W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE 30N163E 26N176E 30N172W.  SEAS 8 FT 
OR LESS S OF 20N W OF 170E AND S OF 04N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E.  
ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE 30N162E 26N170E 
26N165W 30N160W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 16N W OF 170W.  ELSEWHERE 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 27N160E 24N180 
30N155W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 20N W OF 170E AND S OF 06N E OF 
170E.

.ITCZ...EASTERN SEGMENT 08N140W 05N155W...WESTERN SEGMENT 03N179W 
04N160E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE ITCZ W OF 170E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.