Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:47:32 -0600

363 
ATHW40 PHFO 290047
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE JAN 29 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 29 2008

AN AREA OF LOOSE...SHOWERY LOOKING LOW CLOUDS...IS APPROACHING THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM THE NORTHEAST. THE WINDWARD AND MOUNTAIN 
AREAS OF THE CENTRAL ISLANDS CAN EXPECT SCATTERED SHOWERS DURING THE 
REST OF THE AFTERNOON WHILE KAUAI AND WINDWARD BIG ISLAND WILL 
LIKELY BE AFFECTED IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF HOURS. WEATHER RADAR IS 
INDICATING LIGHT TO MODERATE INTENSITIES...AND CLOUD TOPS BETWEEN 8 
TO 12 THOUSAND FEET WITH THESE SHOWERS. THEIR MOVEMENT IS NORTHEAST 
TO SOUTHWEST AT 25 TO 30 MILES AN HOUR. AT THESE SPEEDS...EXPECT 
SOME OF THE SHOWERS TO BE BLOWN OVER TO THE LEEWARD DISTRICTS OF THE 
SMALLER ISLANDS FROM TIME TO TIME.

AFTERNOON HEATING AND LIGHT WIND HAVE RESULTED IN BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
CONDITIONS OVER THE LEEWARD SECTION OF THE BIG ISLAND BETWEEN KONA 
AIRPORT AND KAHIOLA. THESE CLOUDS EXTENDED UP THE WESTERN FACE OF 
MAUNA LOA AND INTO THE MAUNA LOA SUMMITS...AND SPILLED OVER THE 
RIDGE TO A SMALL PORTION OF THE KAU DISTRICT BETWEEN PAHALA AND 
NAALEHU. THE KILAUEA VOLCANO AREA IS MOSTLY CLEAR...AND SKIES OVER  
THE LEEWARD AREAS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS ARE SCATTERED TO LOCALLY 
BROKEN.

THE HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS HAVE CLEARED THE BIG ISLAND...BUT
A LARGE MASS OF MULTILAYERED CLOUDS REMAIN EAST OF A LINE FROM 14N 
160W TO 06N 166W. THIS LINE LIKELY REPRESENT THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH 
AXIS. THESE CLOUDS EXTENDS A 1000 MILES EAST OF THE TROUGH TO 147W.
THE NORTHERN EXTENT OF THIS MASS IS TO 20N...EAST OF 150W.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LOW ABOUT 310 MILES NORTHEAST OF 
OAHU MOVING SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 20 MILES AN HOUR. ABOUT 160 MILES 
SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER ARE SOME ISOLATED TOWER CUMULUS CLOUDS OR 
TCU/S.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.