Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 04:11:52 -0600

704 
FZPN01 KWBC 161011
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FEB 16 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 175W 964 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 480 NM 
N QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM SE...720 NM N...780 NM NW AND 900 NM S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 170W 967 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 60N 
167W TO 48N 176W. WITHIN 600 NM E AND SW...780 NM SE AND 900 NM 
S QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 420 NM W OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 169W 966 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W...540 NM 
S...600 NM NW AND 780 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT EXCEPT WHERE NOTED WITH LOW 42N 172W BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 153W 985 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N 
163W TO LOW CENTER TO 40N 153W TO 30N 161W. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 
E OF FRONT N OF 38N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 150W 990 MB WITH FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
59N 142W TO 48N 145W TO 40N 147W TO 30N 155W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 45N...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT...420 NM E OF FRONT N OF 40N...AND 360 
NM E OF FRONT S OF 40N...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND WITH NEW LOW 50N 140W 
996 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 55N 138W TO LOW CENTER TO 40N 143W 
TO 30N 153W. WITHIN 360 E OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 360 NM W OF 
FRONT S OF 44N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N 164E 988 MB DRIFTING NE. WITHIN 480 NM N AND 720 NM S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH NEW LOW 45N 162E 987 MB. 
WITHIN 840 NM S QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM N 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 166E 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 172E 997 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 16 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 167W 987 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 540 
NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 171E 993 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM S AND 600 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
15 TO 23 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 171W TO 58N 176E AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 57N 171W TO 55N 180 TO 57N 175E 
AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 56N 172W TO 56N 174E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 149W AND 155W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 58N BETWEEN 136W AND 145W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 52N BETWEEN 135W AND 141W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 39N 133W 1028 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 47N 135W 1032 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N 128W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 31N 130W 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 130W 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT FEB 16
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN FEB 17
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON FEB 18

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 28N W OF 130W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT 
WITH NW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 20N BETWEEN 110W AND 130W NE WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 20N TO 28N W OF 132W SE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
9 TO 11 FT WITH NW SWELL. FROM 9N TO 20N BETWEEN 110W AND 133W 
NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 135W S WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 
FT WITH NW SWELL. FROM 9N TO 20N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT WITH NW SWELL. 

.N OF 20N FROM 110W TO 118W N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT 
WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N BETWEEN BAJA COAST AND 118W NW WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 10 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 25N AND FROM 20N TO 23N E OF 110W NW TO 
N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 25N AND FROM 16N TO 
23N E OF 110W NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 16N TO 20N BETWEEN MEXICAN COAST 
AND 107W NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC SAT FEB 16...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...4N79W 8N83W 3N96W 7N120W 4N127W 
7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 5N78W TO 5N88W TO 4N95W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE NEAR 6N102W 2N103W AND ALONG A LINE FROM 8N110W TO 
9N115W TO 7N120W. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG NEAR 13N132W. 

$$
FORECASTER RRG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.