Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 03:15:32 -0600

172 
WWPS21 NFFN 210900
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 21/0914 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11F [998HPA] ANALYSED NEAR 15.5S 168.7W AT
210600UTC SLOW MOVING. POSITION POOR BASED ON MTSAT IR IMAGERY WITH
ANIMATION AND PERIPHERAL OBSERVATIONS. SST AROUND 28 DEGREE CELCIUS.

THE LOW LEVEL CENTRE IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE AND IS EMBEDDED IN A
SURFACE TO MID LEVEL TROUGH WITH AN ASSOCIATED MID LEVEL CIRCULATION
ALOFT. CONVECTION IS BECOMING ORGANISED AND REMAINS ACTIVE IN THE
EASTERN AND SOUTHERN QUADRANTS. CIMMS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS IN AN
AREA OF LOW ENVIRONMENTAL SHEAR AND LIES UNDER AN UPPER LEVEL
DIFLUENT FLOW [250HPA]. A VIGOROUS MONSOONAL FLOW SUPPORTS ITS
NORTHERN FLANK WHILE GOOD SOUTHEASTERLIES SUPPORT THE SOUTH. MOST
GLOBAL MODELS [GFS/EC/UK/GASP] DEEPEN 11F AND THEN MOVE IT SLOWLY
SOUTHWARD.

POTENTIAL FOR THIS SYSTEM TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE
NEXT 24-48 HOURS IS MODERATE TO HIGH.    

NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN
THE AREA.           

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.