Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 04:45:08 -0600

232 
FZPN40 PHFO 081045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE JAN 08 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 08 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 09 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 10 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT 30N 167W 22N 179E...CONTINUING AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH 
19N 177E 19N 160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 25 KT AND SHEAR LINE NEARLY 
STATIONARY. W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN FRONT 
AND 175E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF COLD FRONT N OF 
24N. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 180 NM N OF SHEAR LINE W OF 170E. ISOLATED 
TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM E OF COLD FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 154W 24N 163W...CONTINUING AS A SHEAR 
LINE THROUGH 20N 176W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM E OF COLD 
FRONT N OF 29N. 
.48 HR FORECAST SHEAR LINE 30N 149W 25N 163W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT FAR W OF NW FORECAST WATERS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 169E 28N 160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
BETWEEN COLD FRONT AND 173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 170W 27N 180. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N 
BETWEEN 178W AND 170W.

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 17N E OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 16N 
E OF 162W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 17N 
E OF 167W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT 28N 170E 30N 167E.

.HIGH 1020 MB JUST W OF AREA NEAR 27N 158E MOVING E 15 KT. RIDGE 
FROM HIGH THROUGH 27N 160E 24N 177E NEARLY STATIONARY AND BUILDING E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 1020 MB 26N 167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE 27N 140W 23N 160W 21N 175W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.SEAS 9 TO 29 FT IN AREA N OF 19N W OF 178E...AND IN AREA N OF 23N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 178E. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 157W 
AND 170W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA FROM 06N TO 18N E OF 170W.
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 26 FT IN AREA N OF 17N BETWEEN 162W AND 
175W. SEAS 9 TO 22 FT IN AREA N OF 12N W OF 175W. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN 
AREA N OF 25N E OF 162W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA FROM 04N TO 18N E 
OF 168W.
.48 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 22 FT E OF 159W....AND IN AREA N OF 06N 
BETWEEN 159W AND 180. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF 07N W OF 180.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER 
REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ 07N 140W 09N 162W 05N 180 06N 162E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 147W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.