Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:22:51 -0600

277 
FZPN01 KWBC 142222
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FEB 14 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 175E 968 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 51N 
162E TO LOW CENTER TO 40N 175W TO 30N 178W. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 
SW...AND WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 16 
TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 360 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...AND 
WITHIN 300 NM OF THE FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 55N BETWEEN 170E AND 170W...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 179E 961 MB. WITHIN 360 N AND 300 S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 
NM N AND 540 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 58N BETWEEN 167W AND 170E...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 177W 965 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 480 
NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 32N AND W OF 152W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.NEW LOW 50N 156E MOVING SW 25 KT. EXCEPT FOR AREA DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 45N 175E ABOVE...OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 480 NM E 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM E QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 150E 983 MB. CONDITIONS ARE ABSORBED 
BY LOW 46N 162E BELOW.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 49N 165W 981 MB 
WITH A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 51N 170W TO MAIN LOW CENTER TO 
SECOND LOW CENTER 41N 159W TO 30N 170W. EXCEPT FOR AREA 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 47N 179E ABOVE...WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 55N BETWEEN 167W AND 148W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 150W 979 MB. FROM 30N TO 60N BETWEEN 
152W AND 133W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 22 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 154W 973 MB MOVING E 15 KT. EXCEPT FOR AREA DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 44N 175E ABOVE...FROM 30N TO 43N AND W OF 170E...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 46N 163E 986 MB. EXCEPT FOR AREA 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 47N 179E ABOVE...FROM 31N TO 47N AND W OF 
170E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 48N 177W 
ABOVE. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N 157W 981 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 152W 980 MB. WITH A FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 40N 150W TO 30N 163W. WITHIN 480 NM E 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM NE AND E QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 152W 976 MB MOVING NE 20 KT WITH A FRONT FROM 53N 132W 
TO 37N 146W. WITHIN 600 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 240 NM SE OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 18 TO 34 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 67N 145W 988 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 900 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 60N 180 TO 54N 166W TO 59N 179E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 58N BETWEEN 180 AND 173W AREA OF MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 57N AND W OF 166W AREA OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 42N AND E OF 130W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 42N TO 56N BETWEEN 130W AND 146W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 166W AND 158W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 51N BETWEEN 142W AND 155W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 42N 131W 1030 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 40N 143W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 37N 135W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU FEB 14
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI FEB 15
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT FEB 16

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 9N TO 11N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 92W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 11N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.

.N OF 29N BETWEEN 117W AND 124W NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N117W 7N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N E OF 119W N TO NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
10 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 26N113W 12N125W 9N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 22N W 
OF 130W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 8N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.

.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N SW TO W WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 25N NW WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2045 UTC THU FEB 14...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 4N77W 3N86W 7N105W 6N115W 
9N135W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 4N TO 6N BETWEEN 83W AND 
86W.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.