Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:55:09 -0600

969 
TXPS40 PHFO 160555
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0555 UTC WED JAN 16 2008

RAPIDLY DEVELOPING TROPICAL CYCLONE RELOCATED NEAR 15.0S 164.4E AT 
16/0430 UTC BASED ON MTSAT 2 KM RESOLUTION VIS AND 4 KM RESOLUTION 
EIR IMAGERY AND ANIMATION. POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 30 NM. ESTIMATED 
MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND SPEED 45 KT. MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARDS 
090 DEGREES AT 06 KT OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.

T3.0/3.0/D2.0/18 HOURS

REMARKS...THE 0239 UTC AMSUB IMAGERY WAS ALSO USED TO HELP DETERMINE 
THE CENTER LOCATION. THE 0000 UTC UW/CIMSS ANALYSIS INDICATED 
WESTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR OF ABOUT 10 KT IN THE VICINITY OF THIS 
DEVELOPING TROPICAL CYCLONE. CLOUD TOP ESTIMATES OF THE CUMULONIMBUS 
CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEEPEST CONVECTION WERE NEAR 59 THOUSAND 
FEET. THE LOG10 SPIRAL HAD A WRAP OF 0.6...SO THE DT IS 3.0. PT 
AGREES. FT BASED ON DT.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.