Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:25:21 -0600

809 
FZPN01 KWBC 011625
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 01 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 156E 992 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 40N 180 
TO 37N 170E TO 32N 160E. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE OF FRONT...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 176E 990 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 159W 964 MB. FROM 43N TO 50N BETWEEN 
156W AND 168W...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 149W AND 170W...ALSO WITHIN 360 NM S OF 
A LINE FROM 51N 170W TO 52N 180...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 
21 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 148W 964 MB MOVING E 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 57N 148W 
TO 57N 140W TO 54N 135W TO 49N 132W TO 43N 132W TO 36N 135W TO 
30N 142W. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 300 NM N QUADRANT...ALSO WITHIN 120 
NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 49N...WINDS 40 TO 60 KT SEAS 25 TO 37 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 38N...AND 
WITHIN 360 NM N...420 NM W...540 NM SW...840 NM S QUADRANTS AND 
BETWEEN 43N AND FRONT FROM 137W TO 148W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 
15 TO 31 FT. ALSO N OF 34N BETWEEN 135W AND 157W...WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 141W 967 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
N QUADRANT...WITHIN 480 NM E...420 NM S AND 480 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 137W 977 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 240 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 57N 174E 979 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 57N 180 TO 50N 174W TO 47N 172W. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 167E 976E. WITHIN 120 NM N AND NE OF 
FRONT FROM 59N 179E TO 57N 175W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 54N W OF 175W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 161W AND 170W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 145W 997 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE...360 NM 
S AND 180 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 132W 980 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
38N TO 47N E OF 131W...ALSO FROM 39N TO 47N BETWEEN 128W AND 
138W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 50N 162E 981 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 45N TO 50N W OF 
168E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 163E 982 MB. FROM 44N TO 49N W OF 
170E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 171E 967 MB. FROM 44N TO 52N W OF 
180...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 58N BETWEEN 160W AND 166W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 61N 177W TO 58N 162W AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N 167E 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.FROM 36N TO 46N BETWEEN 164W AND 168E AREAS OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 155W AND 165W AREAS OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 32N 129W 1022 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 30N 169W 1028 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE JAN 01
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED JAN 02
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU JAN 03

.WARNINGS.
...STORM WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N97W 
...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 
11N100W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 
TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 
13N100W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 10N102W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 33 
KT SEAS TO 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 98W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W 
9N95W 10N110W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W 
8N115W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. FROM 7N TO 
14N BETWEEN 115W AND 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN E SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 24N BETWEEN 117W AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 18N BETWEEN 115W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 6N TO 19N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 
12 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 18N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 18N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITH NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 17N W OF 125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 11N W OF 133W E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 
9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N E OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
FT IN E SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N132W 24N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N127W 19N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC TUE JAN 1...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...6N77W 8N110W 8N115W 8N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 170 NM N 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 111W AND 118W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NOTED NEAR 
8N135W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER GR
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.