Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 06:43:46 -0600

050 
ATHW40 PHFO 041243
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC MON FEB 04 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 04 2008

AN UPPER TROUGH REMAINS JUST WEST OF THE ISLANDS...WITH AN AXIS 
RUNNING THROUGH 30N158W AND 20N166W. ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS...CBS... 
CONTINUE SOUTHEAST OF THE TROUGH AXIS AND NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 
30N154W TO KAUAI TO 18N160W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS ARE 
ALSO SOUTHEAST OF THE TROUGH BETWEEN A NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST LINE 
ACROSS MAUI AND A SIMILARLY ORIENTED LINE 600 TO THE EAST OF MAUI. 
THESE LAYERED CLOUDS COVER THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI BLOCKING THE VIEW 
OF LOW CLOUDS. 

COLD CLOUD TOPS OF CBS CAN BE SEEN HOWEVER OVER CAPE KUMUKAHI ON THE 
BIG ISLAND AND OFFSHORE EAST OF HILO AND PUNA. THE CB TOPS ARE UP TO 
38000 FEET.

BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN OVER MOLOKAI LANAI AND 
OAHU WITH TOPS TO 17000 FEET. THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE WEST 
NORTHWEST AT 25 MPH. ISOLATED SMALL CBS ARE LOCATED OVER THE 
ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL AND WATERS NORTHEAST OF HANA MAUI. THE REMNANT 
ANVIL TOP OF A CB CAN BE SEEN OVER THE NORTHEAST COAST OF KAUAI. 

$$
CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.