Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 22:45:09 -0600

290 
FZPN40 PHFO 020445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED JAN 02 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 02 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 03 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 04 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 140W 26N 148W THENCE WEAKENING SHEAR LINE THRU 
22N 157W 20N 166W. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT...SHEAR LINE NEARLY 
STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 23N BETWEEN 168E 
AND 170W...AND FROM 13N TO 25N BETWEEN 170W AND 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED E OF AREA. SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED.
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 19N BETWEEN 165E AND 
180...AND FROM 12N TO 23N BETWEEN 180 AND 153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 11N TO 21N BETWEEN 
180 AND 155W.

HIGH 1028MB 30N 170W NEARLY STATIONARY.  RIDGE FROM HIGH THRU 
28N 172E 24N 160E MOVING S SLOWLY. ANOTHER RIDGE FROM HIGH THRU 
29N 151W NEARLY STATIONARY.

RIDGE THRU 26N 140W 26N 143W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 8 FT OF LESS IN AREA SW OF A LINE 11S 160E EQ 178E...N OF LINE 
30N 177E 28N 174W 30N 169W AND E OF LINE 18N 140W 19N 151W 29N 140W.
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINE 08N 160E 
09N 167E EQ 174E...N OF 26N BETWEEN 179E AND 166W...AND E OF LINE 
13N 140W 15N 145W 21N 140W. ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINE 07N 160E 
09N 166E EQ 169E...N OF LINE 30N 176W 25N 164W 30N 162W...AND S OF 
LINE THRU EQ 167W 04N 160W EQ 152W...AND SE OF LINE THRU EQ 148W 
08N 140W. ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 18N 160W 14N 150W 
13N 164W 18N 160W.

ITCZ...07N 140W 09N 159W 05N 170E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM N AND 60 NM S OF THE ITCZ E OF 149W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.