Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:45:07 -0600

958 
FZPN40 PHFO 111645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON FEB 11 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 11 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 12 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 13 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT 30N170E 26N160E MOVING E 40 KT.  WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF 
24N W OF 180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N172W 24N176E 24N164E.  WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N162W 26N169W 25N175W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 
20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N156W 26N164W 25N168W MOVING ENE 20 KT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF FORECAST WATERS.  
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 28N W OF 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N165E 25N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 
26N W OF 175E.

.RIDGE 30N146W 24N160W 24N169W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE WEST.

.RIDGE 22N180E 18N170E 16N160E MOVING S SLOWLY.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 14 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE 30N160E 24N180 30N160W.  SEAS 8 FT OR 
LESS S OF 16N W OF 170W.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE 30N160E 24N180 
30N150W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 22N W OF 170E...AND S OF 08N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 30N170E 23N180 
23N170W 30N160W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 18N W OF 170E AND S OF 04N 
E OF 170E.

.ITCZ...EASTERN SEGMENT 09N140W 06N160...WESTERN SEGMENT 04N166E 
04N160E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE WESTERN SEGMENT AND 
WITHIN 150 NM N OF THE EASTERN SEGMENT E OF 150W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.