Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:00:10 -0600

621 
ATHW40 PHFO 100500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU JAN 10 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC JANUARY 10 2008

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE ALOHA STATE 
THIS EARLY EVENING...WITH MOST OF THE CONVECTIVE LOW CLOUDS FROM 
DAYTIME HEATING DISSIPATING AS NIGHTTIME NEARS.  NONETHELESS...AS OF 
THIS WRITING...BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS REMAINS OVER MAUKA SECTIONS OF 
OAHU AND WEST MAUI...UPSLOPE AREAS OF EAST MAUI AND THE BIG 
ISLAND...AND OCCASIONALLY OVER LEEWARD COASTAL PARTS OF WEST MAUI 
AND MAUI/S CENTRAL VALLEY.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST NEAR 
15 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND VEERS TOWARD THE EAST/ 
SOUTHEAST NEAR 20 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

THIN HIGH CLOUDS ARE GENERATING CEILINGS IN THE KAUAI CHANNEL AND TO 
ITS SOUTH.  A SMALL PATCH OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS APPROACHING THE 
PUNA AND HILO DISTRICTS ON THE BIG ISLAND FROM THE EAST.  ELSEWHERE 
CONDITIONS ARE MAINLY CLEAR IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK FRONT ARE 250 MILES 
NORTH/NORTHWEST OF KAUAI...AND HAVE BEEN MOVING TOWARD THE EAST NEAR 
20 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  SOUTH OF 25N...A BAND OF BROKEN 
HIGH CLOUDS WITH THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN HEADING EASTWARD NEAR 15 MPH... 
BUT THE LOW CLOUDS UNDERNEATH HAVE BECOME NEARLY STATIONARY.  MOST 
OF THE MULTILAYERED CLOUDINESS WITH THE BOUNDARY IS CURRENTLY 
LOCATED WITHIN 70 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N158W TO 
22.5N168.5W.

ANOTHER FRONT IS MORE THAN 800 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN 
MOVING TOWARD THE EAST/SOUTHEAST IN EXCESS OF 40 MPH OVER THE PAST 
SIX HOURS.  THE BOUNDARY IS NOT ACTIVE SOUTH OF 28N...AND THE LATEST 
SURFACE OBSERVATION FROM MIDWAY ATOLL INDICATES CLEAR SKIES AND 
WINDS FROM THE WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.