Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:12:19 -0600

393 
ATPQ40 PGUM 021512
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST THU JAN 3 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD NEAR MINAMI TORI SHIMA AT 25N155E 
TO 21N150E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH AGRIHAN AT 
18N146E TO 11N130E AND BEYOND. WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN 
ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 500 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES EASTWARD FROM 4N130E TO EQ151E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING SOUTH OF 
KOROR...OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 8N130E TO EQ146E.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH STARTS NORTHEASTWARD FROM EQ137E THROUGH CHUUK 
AND POHNPEI TO AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW CENTERED NEAR 19N170E. TOGETHER 
WITH TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE ALONG 5N...SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FORMING 
ACROSS POHNPEI...KOSRAE...KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO. THIS LARGE AREA IS 
BETWEEN 4N AND 9N FROM 157E TO 180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.