Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:19:40 -0600

452 
FQPS01 NFFN 011800
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE Feb 012000 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNING HURRICANE WARNING 004 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Feb
01/1920 UTC 2008.
SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [950HPA] CATEGORY 3 WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20 DECIMAL 9 SOUTH 170 DECIMAL 9 EAST AT 011800 UTC. POSITION
POOR.  REPEAT POSITION 20.9 SOUTH 170.9 EAST AT 011800 UTC.CYCLONE
MOVING SOUTH ABOUT 03 KNOTS.CYCLONE WEAKENING.
EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 80 KNOTS CLOSE THE CENTRE DECREASING TO 60
KNOTS IN THE NEXT 18 TO 24 HOURS. 
EXPECT WINDS OVER 63 KNOTS WITHIN 35 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 55 MILES OF CENTRE. 
EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 180 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMICIRCLE                        
AND WITHIN 120 MILES OF CENTRE ELSEWHERE. 

FORECAST POSITION NEAR 21.7S 170.7E AT 020600 UTC            
              AND NEAR 22.6S 170.7E AT 021800 UTC.
ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC
AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 003.  

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Feb 021800 UTC.

 SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [950HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 20.9S
170.9E. 
OUTSIDE WARNING AREA: EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 25 TO 30 KNOTS WITHIN
240 MILES OF TC CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI CIRCLE AND WITHIN 150
MILES ELSELWHERE, WITH ROUGH SEAS AND MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1: 08S 160E 10S 170E 15S 175E 21S 175E TO TC GENE
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
180 MILES OF CZ1 AND TC. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS AND UPTO 30 KNOTS AT TIMES WITHIN 120 MILES OF CZ1. ROUGH TO
VERY ROUGH SEAS.

TROUGH T1: 16S 167E 18S 171E TO TC GENE SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY
IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF T1.

WEAK TROUGH T2: 11S 177W 16S 167W 19S 1755W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES OF
T2.

STATIONARY FRONTAL SYSTEM SF1: 21S 177W 19S 167W 20S 150W 25S 131W.
POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 080 MILES
OF F1.

OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 15S EAST OF 140W, MODERATE SOUTHERLY SWELLS.

NORTH OF 20S BETWEEN 175W AND 140W, MODERATE NORTHERLY SWELLS SLOWLY
ABATING. 

SOUTH OF 15S WEST OF 180, MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS. SOUTHEAST WINDS
15 TO 20 KNOTS WEST OF 171E. NORTHEAST TO NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20
KNOTS EAST OF 170E. ROUGH SEAS. 

SOUTH OF 20S AND BETWEEN 178W AND 160W EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO
20 KNOTS AND UPTO 25 KNOTS AT TIMES. ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE SOUTHERLY
SWELL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.