Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:55:38 -0600

560 
ATPQ40 PGUM 180255
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST FRI JAN 18 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING A LARGE AREA OF SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ACROSS SOUTHERN CHUUK STATE...POHNPEI STATE...KOSRAE AND THE 
MARSHALL ISLANDS WITHIN 125 MILES OF A LINE FROM 4N150E TO 6N160E TO 
4N170E TO 4N180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 5N130E TO 
EQ154E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH 
THE TROUGH ARE OCCURRING FROM 12N130E TO EQ145E TO EQ130E AND BACK 
TO12N130E. THIS AREA INCLUDES PALAU.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N167E TO 23N163E AND THEN 
CONTINUES AS A SHEARLINE TO 12N130E. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY 
BETWEEN 140E AND 170E AND UP TO 150 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE BOUNDARY 
BETWEEN 130E AND 140E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.