Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 03:58:44 -0600

025 
FZPN01 KWBC 020958
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 02 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 44N 170E 992 MB MOVING E 35 KT AND INTENSIFYING. FRONT
EXTENDS FROM 42N 166W TO 40N 176E TO 31N 161E. WITHIN 360 NM E
AND SE OF FRONT...N OF 30N...AND WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT...
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 162W 976 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ALSO FROM 36N TO 
49N BETWEEN 156W AND 174W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 141W 962 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 36 FT. ALSO WITHIN 540
NM SE AND 420 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16
TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 49N BETWEEN 129W AND
158W...WITHIN 1200 NM W QUADRANT...AND FROM 32N TO 46N BETWEEN
120W AND 126W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 149W 1002 MB MOVING E 30 KT AND INTENSIFYING. WITHIN 300
NM SE AND 600 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10
TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 134W 993 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E AND 780 NM
S QUADRANTS...N OF 30N...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO
FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 144W AND 156W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9
TO 16 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 129W 984 MB WITH A FRONT FROM LOW
CENTER TO 39N 129W TO 30N 134W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF
41N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM E OF
FRONT AND WITHIN 180 NM W OF FRONT S OF 38N...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH
LOW 46N 141W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 144W 964 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N 128W
TO 41N 128W. WITHIN 480 NM OF LOW CENTER...EXCEPT NW QUADRANT...
AND WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 25
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 140W 971 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 141W 977 MB WITH ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 179E 980 MB MOVING E 10 KT WILL TURN NW AFTER 12 HOURS.
A FRONT EXTENDS FROM 54N 170W TO 59N 180. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND
480 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM N OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO
40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 175E 985 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 172E 996 MB. W AND NW OF A LINE FROM
65N 164W TO 56N 166W TO 46N 180...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 16
FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N 162E 985 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 176E 987 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 360
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED WITH LOW
46N 141W ABOVE...WITHIN 540 NM S OF A LINE FROM 52N 158W TO 51N
174W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 162E 988 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 720 NM 
S AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 55N 172E
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N 166E 1010 MB WITH A FRONT FROM 30N 
162E TO 36N 173E. WITHIN 480 NM E AND SE OF A FRONT...N OF
31N...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 172E 1006 MB. WITHIN 600 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
32N TO 41N BETWEEN 164W AND 169E...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 57N 161W TO 60N 178W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 59N 180 AREA OF
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 160W AND 165E AREAS OF DENSE FOG
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 49N BETWEEN 155W AND 180 AREAS OF
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.HIGH 31N 169W 1028 MB STATIONARY WILL DRIFT E AFTER 24 HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 166W 1024 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 41N 175E 1018 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 42N 165E 1016 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED JAN 02
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU JAN 03
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI JAN 04

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N97W...INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 11 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 
11N99W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 
TO 55 KT SEAS 17 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF LINE 16N95W 12N98W 10N109W NE TO E WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 
TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 12N98W 
...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 13 TO 19 KT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 11N101W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...FROM 
5N TO 14N BETWEEN 92W AND 115W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...FROM 
4N TO 14N BETWEEN 92W AND 117W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 
TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 16N TO THE EQUATOR BETWEEN 92W AND 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 8N TO 13N E OF 92W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 7N E OF 92W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 6N E OF 92W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 18N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT. S OF 8N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NE SWELL. N OF 18N BETWEEN 115W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 15N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 16N W OF 125W NE WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

.N OF 27N W OF 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N136W 25N140W. N OF 27N WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. W OF FRONT NW TO 
W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N132W 24N140W. N OF 25N WITHIN 
480 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. W OF 
FRONT NW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM 30N120W 16N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC WED JAN 2...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...ALONG 5N77W 6N100W 10N115W 
8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM S OF THE AXIS AND WITHIN 
60 NM OF THE COLOMBIAN COAST. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF 
AXIS BETWEEN 115W AND 125W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.