Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:00:08 -0600

245 
ATHW40 PHFO 230000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC WED JAN 23 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC JANUARY 22 2008

AS WAS THE CASE THIS MORNING...LOW CEILINGS ARE OCCURRING...AT 
LEAST FROM TIME TO TIME...IN WINDWARD COASTAL...MAUKA AND WINDWARD 
UPSLOPE SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  LANAI IS THE ONLY ISLAND 
AS OF THIS WRITING THAT IS VIRTUALLY CLEAR.  MOST LEEWARD AREAS ARE 
CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY...THOUGH BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS HAS DEVELOPED 
ON THE MOUNTAIN SLOPES IN KONA AND LEEWARD SOUTH KOHALA ON THE BIG 
ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST/NORTHEAST AT 20 TO 25 
MPH STATEWIDE.

IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...LOW CLOUDS ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN 
JUST NORTH OF OAHU AND MAUI COUNTY...AND IMMEDIATELY NORTHEAST OF 
THE BIG ISLAND.  CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE.

A SURFACE FRONT HAS DISSIPATED FAR NORTHWEST OF KAUAI...THOUGH UPPER 
TROUGHING PERSISTS IN THE AREA.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED 
CLOUDINESS...WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS... 
EXISTS NORTHWEST OF A LINE THROUGH 30N166W 26N169W 24N180.  ALONG 
AND SOUTH OF 30N...MOST OF THE PRECIPITATION IS LOCATED IN THE AREA 
BOUNDED BY 30N176W 30N167W 26N169W 26N174W AND 28N178W.  THE LATEST 
SURFACE OBSERVATION FROM MIDWAY ATOLL SHOWS OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS... 
REDUCED VISIBILITY DUE TO LIGHT RAIN AND FOG...AND WINDS FROM THE 
EAST/SOUTHEAST NEAR 25 MPH.  WISPS OF HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS... 
DEBRIS FROM THE SYSTEM FAR NORTHWEST OF THE STATE...ARE OCCASIONALLY 
SWEEPING OVER KAUAI...OAHU AND MAUI COUNTY.

A WEAK FRONTAL BOUNDARY IS MORE THAN 700 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND AND HAS BEEN HEADING TOWARD THE SOUTH/SOUTHEAST NEAR 15 MPH 
OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  MOST OF THE BROKEN TO OVERCAST SHOWERY LOW 
CLOUDS WITH THE FRONT ARE FOUND WITHIN 35 TO 40 MILES EITHER SIDE OF 
A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 27.5N142W TO 27N143.5W TO 27N147.5W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.