Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 04:45:07 -0600

775 
FZPN40 PHFO 121045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE FEB 12 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 12 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 13 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 14 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT 30N176W 27N180 24N172E 23N160E MOVING E 25 KT.  WINDS 20 
TO 35 KT WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT N OF 25N AND N OF THE FRONT E OF 
175E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF FRONT N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N163W 26N170E 23N180.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 
KT OR LESS.

.18 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF THE FORECAST 
WATERS.  WINDS 20 TO 35 KT N OF 26N W OF 165E.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT ENTERING FORECAST WATERS AT 30N160E.  WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE 23N160E 27N170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N174E 20N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A 
LINE 24N160E 24N170E 28NB175W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.RIDGE 30N156W 22N170W 18N180 17N165E NEARLY STATIONARY. 

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 14 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE 28N160E 24N180 30N150W.  SEAS 8 FT OR 
LESS S OF 22N W OF 170E...AND S OF 08N BETWEEN 170W AND 170E.  
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 23 FT N OF A LINE 30N170E 22N175E 
22N175W 20N160W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 18N W OF 170E...AND S OF 
04N E OF 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE 30N175W 20N175W 
20N162W 30N148W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 10N W OF 170E...AND S OF 
06N BETWEEN 170E AND 180...ALSO S OF 10N E OF 150W.  
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS BETWEEN 02N AND 05N W OF 163W.

.ITCZ...08N140W 07N162W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.