Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 03:55:03 -0600

191 
FZPN01 KWBC 220954
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 22 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 34N 161E 999 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 
37N AND W OF 169E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 177E 988 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM S...600 NM E AND NE...AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS... 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 177E 973 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE  
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 70 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 177E 971 MB WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 57N 180 TO 57N 169W TO 38N 175W. WITHIN 180 NM NW AND S 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
300 NM NW AND S SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 OF CENTER AND WITHIN 360 NM N AND E OF 
THE FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N 172E 992 MB MOVING NE 15 KT AND WILL TURN NW. AN 
ASSOCIATED FRONT EXTENDS FROM 48N 178W TO 45N 175W TO 39N 179E. 
WITHIN 180 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 
28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SE...420 SW...300 NM NE QUADRANTS 
AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 170E 1000 MB. WITHIN 420 NM N AND NE 
AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 55N 177E. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 60N 168W 980 MB MOVING N 40 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 480 NM 
SE QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N 124W 1013 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 600 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 124W 1015 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 720 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 125W 1014 MB. FROM 32N AND 43N BETWEEN 
127W AND 143W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 57N 156W 1015 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 130W 1004 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N 175W 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 32N AND 42N W OF 
163E...AREA OF SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N AND W OF 171W...MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N AND W 
OF 165W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 
57N 163W TO 59N 179E...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 51N BETWEEN 141W AND 154W...AREA OF 
PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 49N 139W 1037 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 143W 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 41N 150W 1030 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 38N 165W 1032 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 157W 1042 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 152W 1045 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N 173W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND ALASKA. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 173E 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE JAN 22
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED JAN 23
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU JAN 24

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 91W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. FROM 3N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W
AND 113W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITH NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 2N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 98W AND 117W E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 13N BETWEEN 105W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 19N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 128W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 117W NE TO E WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N W OF 123W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC TUE JAN 22...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 4N77W 8N125W 7N140W. 
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.