Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:40:16 -0600

943 
FZPN40 PHFO 112240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON FEB 11 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 11 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 12 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 13 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT 30N176E 26N170E 24N160E MOVING E 30 KT.  WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT OVER FORECAST AREA WITHIN 420 NM EITHER SIDE OF FRONT N OF 26N. 
WINDS 25 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF 24N W OF 166W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N169W 25N180 CONTINUING AS A STATIONARY 
FRONT 24N170E. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N159W 27N166W CONTINUING AS A STATIONARY 
FRONT 26N175W. ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 162E 27N 160E MOVING E 40 KT. WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 24N. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT W OF 
FRONT N OF 27N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N171E 24N163E. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 
360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 25N. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT W OF FRONT N OF 24N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N146W 27N154W MOVING NE 20 KT OUT OF FORECAST AREA.

.RIDGE 30N146W 27N156W MOVING N 15 KT OUT OF FORECAST AREA.

.RIDGE 26N168W 20N180E 17N160E MOVING S 10 KT.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 20 TO 23 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 172E AND 179W. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N163E 25N172E 26N168W 30N153W. SEAS 8 FT OR 
LESS S OF 20N W OF 170E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 20 TO 23 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 176E AND 171W. 
SEAS 14 TO 19 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 26N168E 23N180 26N 170W 
30N163W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 21N W OF 170E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 21N179W 21N168W 
30N154W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 14N W OF 170E AND S OF 06N E OF 
152W. ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.ITCZ...EASTERN SEGMENT 09N140W 08N 150W 05N170W...WESTERN SEGMENT 
04N166E 05N160E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE EASTERN 
SEGMENT E OF 154W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE WESTERN SEGMENT.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.