Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:40:47 -0600

976 
FZPN01 KWBC 162140
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FEB 16 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 152W 977 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 55N 148W TO 53N 145W TO 43N 149W TO 32N 156W. WITHIN 
300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 50N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 
25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35
KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND DISSIPATED. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 60N 147W TO 50N 143W TO 40N 143W TO 32N 150W. WITHIN 360 NM 
E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N 138W 999 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 50N 135W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 180 989 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 160W 973 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
34N TO 49N BETWEEN 152W AND 169W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 
19 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 50N 172W 964 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 840 NM S AND 
SE...720 NM SW...AND 660 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40
KT SEAS 13 TO 27 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 168W 966 MB. WITHIN 1140 NM E AND 
SE...480 NM SW...AND 660 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 170W 967 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 660 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 45N 159E 988 MB MOVING E 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN
600 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 164E 986 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 172E 990 MB. WITHIN 660 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 142W 984 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 420 
NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 34N TO 48N BETWEEN 131W AND 148W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 179W 986 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 30N 173E. WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 13 TO 19 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 55N 171W TO 56N 175E AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 56N 172W TO 56N 174E AREA OF
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 56N 173W TO 56N 174E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 42N TO 55N BETWEEN 141W AND 148W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 58N BETWEEN 139W AND 147W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 132W AND 140W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.

.HIGH 48N 130W 1031 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT FEB 16
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN FEB 17
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON FEB 18

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 10N TO 16N FROM 120W TO 130W  E WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS 10 
FT.  ELSEWHERE N OF 7N W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 20N TO 28N W OF 132W  SE WIND TO 20 KT 
SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  FROM 9N TO 20N BETWEEN 110W AND 133W  
NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 27N W OF 135W  S WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS TO 
8 FT IN NW SWELL.  FROM 9N TO 20N W OF 125W  NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS 
10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E WIND 
TO 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA  S OF 25N AND FROM 18N TO 23N E OF 110W
N WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 27N AND FROM 18N TO 
23N E OF 110W  NW WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.  

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2045 UTC SAT FEB 16...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 8N84W 5N104W 6N122W 
4N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 2N TO THE ITCZ
BETWEEN 82W AND 90W. 

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.