Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 12:19:16 -0600

762 
ATHW40 PHFO 191819
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT JAN 19 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 19 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW CONTINUES TO FIRE UP THUNDERSTORMS 300 MILES 
SOUTHEAST OF HILO. CUMULONIMBUS /CB/ TOPS ARE REACHING 35 THOUSAND 
FEET. THESE STORMS HAVE SLOWLY BEEN MOVING EAST AWAY FROM THE BIG 
ISLAND THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT. 

THE SUBTROPICAL JET IS PRODUCING AN AREA OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS 
200 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE UPPER LEVEL LOW. THE LAYERED CLOUDS 
EXTEND FROM THE ITCZ NEAR 7N 160W...CROSS 10N 155W...AND 
HEAD NORTHEAST OVER 15N 140W. THE CLOUD BAND IS ABOUT 400 MILES 
WIDE AND CONTAINS ISOLATED EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AREA 
CLOSEST TO THE UPPER LOW. CLOUD FEATURES TRACKED BY SATELLITE ARE 
MOVING AS FAST AS 100 MPH TOWARD THE NORTHEAST.

A FRONT 650 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI IS MOVING TO THE EAST AT 25 MPH 
ALONG 27N AND IS STALLED NEAR THE DATELINE. THE FRONT IS COMPRISED 
OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AS FAR SOUTH AS 25N.

BETWEEN 20N 30N AND 140W 150W LOW BROKEN STRATUS AND STRATOCUMULUS 
/SC/ ARE MOVING WEST AT 20 MPH. LOW LEVEL CLOUDS ELSEWHERE ARE SC 
AND ARE MOVING WEST BETWEEN 10 AND 20 MPH.

OVER THE ISLANDS...THE BIG ISLAND HAS THE MOST ACTIVITY WITH A BAND 
OF SHOWERY OVERCAST SC AND CUMULUS OVER THE WINDWARD SECTION. THE 
LEEWARD BIG ISLAND IS CLEAR...AS ARE THE SUMMITS. THE SMALLER 
ISLANDS HAVE SCATTERED TO BROKEN SC OVER WINDWARDS AREAS WITH CLEAR 
SKIES PREVALENT ELSEWHERE.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.