Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:45:08 -0600

434 
FZPN40 PHFO 072245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON JAN 07 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 07 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 08 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 09 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT THRU 30N 174W 27N 177W 22N 176W THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 
18N 160E. FRONT MOVING E 45 KT. SHEAR LINE MOVING E 20 KT E OF 170E 
AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 35 KT IN AREA N 
OF 27N BETWEEN 165E AND 174W.
.24 HR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 161W 26N 165W 21N 175W THENCE A SHEAR 
LINE THRU 18N 165E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE THRU 30N 178W 26N 
170W 30N 152W.
.48 HR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT THRU 30N 149W 26N 158W 23N 170W 
THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 19N 175E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT.

.DEVELOPING FRONT THRU 30N 168W 27N 172W 24N 177W MOVING E 15 KT. 
SE WINDS 20 TO 35 KT WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N...AND WITHIN 
120 NM E OF FRONT S OF 27N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF 
FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 16N E OF 163W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 14N 
E OF 156W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 14N 
E OF 160W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 162E 29N 160E. SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N W OF 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 178W 26N 174E 30N 163E. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 176E AND 172W.

.RIDGE THRU 27N 140W 25N 150W 18N 178E MOVING E 20 KT.

.RIDGE THRU 26N 160E 23N 171E MOVING E 20 KT.

.SEAS 9 TO 27 FT N OF A LINE THRU 30N 160W 26N 170W 18N 160E... 
HIGHEST N OF 27N W OF 178E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE THRU 22N 
140W 15N 170W 07N 170W 03N 140W.
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 28 FT N OF A LINE THRU 30N 145W 25N 160W 
14N 160E...HIGHEST N OF 27N BETWEEN 170E AND 169W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT E 
OF A LINE THRU 21N 140W 15N 168W 10N 167W EQ 142W.
.48 HR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE THRU 30N 163E 14N 176W 
30N 153W. SEAS 9 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE THRU 12N 160E EQ 144W. SEAS 
MAINLY 9 TO 13 FT REST OF AREA.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER 
REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ 08N 140W 09N 149W 06N 175W 03N 161E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 149W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE
FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE
LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE 
LETTERS/ WITH
ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO [email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.