Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 04:45:08 -0600

617 
FZPN40 PHFO 041045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON FEB 04 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 04 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 05 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 06 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

.GALE WARNING.
.COLD FRONT W OF FCST AREA THRU 30N159E 25N150E. SW WINDS 20 TO 35 
KT IN AREA N OF 27N W OF 167E. FRONT MOVING ENE 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N172E 29N166E 30N162E. WINDS DIMINISH 
TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FCST AREA. NEW COLD FRONT THRU 
30N175E 25N165E. WINDS REMAINING 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK FRONT THRU 30N174W TO 29N178W TO 30N180 AND 176E MOVING NE 20 
KT. ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 27N BETWEEN 170W AND 177W. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT N OF FCST AREA.

.RIDGE THRU 30N163W 23N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 24N AND 09N E OF 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 21N AND 09N E OF 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 18N AND 09N E OF 160W.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 15N AND 08N W OF 177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 14N AND 09N W OF 178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 13N AND 08N W OF 180. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 14 FT BETWEEN 06N AND 30N E OF 165W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
BETWEEN EQ AND 06N E OF 160W. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 07N AND 11N W 
OF 179W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 17 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 
30N174E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT BETWEEN EQ AND 07N FROM 145W TO 165W... 
BETWEEN 07N AND 20N E OF 170W...AND BETWEEN 20N AND 30N FROM 150W TO 
162W. ALSO SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BETWEEN 07N AND 11N W OF 180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 18 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 177W AND 175E. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 175W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
BETWEEN 07N AND 20N E OF 171W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT BETWEEN 20N AND 30N 
FROM 157W TO 170W...AND BETWEEN EQ AND 07N FROM 148W TO 160W. SEAS 9 
TO 10 FT BETWEEN 07N AND 10N W OF 178E.

OTHERWISE SEAS MOSTLY 8 FT OR LESS.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 09N AND 14N FROM 154W TO 161W...AND 
WITHIN 50 NM OF A LINE FROM 19N162W TO 24N161W TO 27N157W. 

.ITCZ...02N140W 06N150W 06N160W 04N170E 05N160E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.