Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:45:12 -0600

769 
FZPN40 PHFO 280445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON JAN 28 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 28 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 29 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 30 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT JUST NW OF FORECAST AREA. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N 
OF 28N W OF 164E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N172E 28N168E 29N160E. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.STATIONARY FRONT 30N179E 23N165E DISSIPATING.

.TROUGH 28N177W 23N177W 19N176W MOVING W 25 KT AND WEAKENING.

.RIDGE 30N173E 25N160E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NW OF FORECAST AREA. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT IN AREA N OF 29N W OF 169E.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 12N TO 19N E OF 150W...IN AREA 
FROM 16N TO 26N BETWEEN 150W AND 165W...IN AREA FROM 19N TO 26N 
BETWEEN 165W AND 174W...AND IN AREA FROM 06N TO 14N W OF 180.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 12N TO 16N E OF 
150W...IN AREA FROM 11N TO 26N BETWEEN 150W AND 165W...AND IN AREA 
FROM 16N TO 24N BETWEEN 165W AND 176W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 16N TO 26N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 165W...AND IN AREA FROM 12N TO 24N BETWEEN 165W AND 
178W.

.OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF LINE THROUGH 30N170W 14N172E 14N168E 
30N160E...AND IN AREA E OF LINE THROUGH 30N146W 26N161W 16N153W 
13N140W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN 
AREA S OF LINE THROUGH 06N160E 06N166W 05N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT WITHIN 450 NM OF LINE THROUGH 
30N171W 23N171W 14N146W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT SEAS 8 
FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINE THROUGH EQ160E 03N170E 05N159W 04N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N173W 
25N157W 12N154W 09N164W 09N169W 20N179W 23N177W 25N173W. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA NW OF LINE 
THROUGH 30N171E 23N168E 21N160E...AND IN AREA S OF 09N BETWEEN 165E 
AND 172E.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 16N TO 20N BETWEEN 161W AND 
169W.

.ITCZ...08N140W 07N150W 07N171W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM N OF ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.