Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:30:11 -0600

138 
ATHW40 PHFO 111830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC FRI JAN 11 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 11 2008

OVER THE ISLANDS...THE OVERCAST ALTOCUMULUS AND HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS 
FROM YESTERDAY HAVE MOVED EAST OF THE ISLANDS OVERNIGHT AND ONLY LOW 
STRATOCUMULUS REMAIN. KAUAI IS MOSTLY CLEAR WITH SCATTERED SC 
OVER WINDWARD AREAS. WINDWARD OAHU HAS BROKEN SC AND CENTRAL OAHU 
HAS BROKEN LOW SC WITH SOME FOG HANGING IN LOW LYING SPOTS. MAUI 
COUNTY AND THE BIG ISLAND BOTH HAVE BROKEN SC OVER WINDWARD AREAS 
AND CLEAR SKIES ELSEWHERE.

THE TAIL END OF A COLD FRONT IS PASSING FAR NORTHEAST OF THE 
ISLANDS NEAR 155W...AND THE ASSOCIATED 150 MILE WIDE CLOUD BAND IS 
MOVING 25 MPH TO THE EAST. THE CLOUD BAND EXTENDS AS FAR SOUTH AS 
28N. BROKEN MID AND HIGH CLOUDS TRAIL SOUTHWEST FROM THE FRONT TO 
SOUTHEAST AND SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND. 

BETWEEN 10N AND 20N LOW LEVEL CLOUD MOTION IS TOWARD THE WEST AT 20 
TO 30 MPH AND SKIES ARE SCATTERED WITH FREQUENT PATCHES OF BROKEN SC.

FROM 140W TO 150W BETWEEN 10N AND 30N BROKEN TO OVERCAST SC AND 
STRATUS ARE MOVING EAST TO NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 20 MPH. BEHIND THE 
AFOREMENTIONED FRONT SCATTERED SC ARE MOVING NORTHEAST IN AREAS 
NORTH OF 25N AND MOVING WEST IN AREAS SOUTH OF 25N. A CLOUD BAND 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE NEXT COLD FRONT FAR NORTHWEST OF THE STATE 
STRETCHES FROM 30N 170W TO 25N 180. OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH 
EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS MAKE UP THIS CLOUD BAND.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.