Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:19:16 -0600

735 
ATPQ40 PGUM 191519
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST SUN JAN 20 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEARLINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N153E ACROSS AGRIHAN TO 
17N130E AND BEYOND. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG 
AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE.

A COLD FRONT STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N180 TO 23N175E...THEN 
CONTINUES AS A SHEARLINE ACROSS ANATAHAN TO END AT 15N139E. EAST OF 
160E...CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE LOCATED ALONG AND UP TO 
200 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 6N130E THROUGH A 
WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED SOUTHEAST OF CHUUK NEAR 3N153E TO END AT 
EQ160E. TRADE-WINDS CONVERGING NORTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS ARE 
GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS NORTHWEST OF 
KOROR BETWEEN 10N AND 14N FROM 130E TO 134E.

WINDS CONVERGING NEAR THE CIRCULATION ARE GENERATING NUMEROUS 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER CHUUK AND POHNPEI BUT 
SOUTHWEST OF KOSRAE WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N151E TO 4N158E 
TO 4N162E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO EVIDENT SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK 
WITHIN 120 MILES OF A LINE FROM 9N145E TO EQ154E.

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHWESTWARD FROM 2N170E TO 8N166E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING OVER KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO BETWEEN 5N 
AND 10N FROM 165E TO 177E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.