Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:41:48 -0600

896 
FZPN01 KWBC 060341
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FEB 06 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 50N 176W 966 MB MOVING E 20 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 40 
TO 55 KT SEAS 22 TO 44 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM OF CENTER... 
EXCEPT 1020 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 30 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 161W 990 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 20 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM S AND 300 NM N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.  

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 34N 166E 1006 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF 
CENTER... EXCEPT 300 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 
TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 175W 999 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 41N BETWEEN 163W AND 177E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 159W 980 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 480 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 41N AND W OF 165E AREA OF S WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 159E 987 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 164E 965 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 39N 170E TO 32N 165E. WITHIN 420 NM S AND W QUADRANTS 
AND 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 37N...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 14 
TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...360 NM N 
QUADRANT...AND 360 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW INLAND 56N 129W 982 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 780 NM S AND 
600 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 30 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 55N 137W BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 137W 984 MB. WITHIN 900 NM S...300 NM 
N...AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 53N 124W 990 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N 176W 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 540 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 170W 992 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 161W TO 57N 171W TO 59N 180 AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 54N 162E 998 MB. WITHIN 420 NM 
S QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 35N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 39N TO 49N BETWEEN 150W AND 158W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 129W AND 140W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 140W AND 155W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 35N 137W 1034 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 34N 180 1020 MB MOVING E 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 169E 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 176W 1027 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 166E 1020 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED FEB 06
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU FEB 07
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI FEB 08

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST

.FROM 7N TO 27N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 28N W OF 116W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. N OF 25N E OF 115W NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 FT IN 
PRIMARILY NW SWELL. S OF 7N W OF 130W E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 23N110W TO EQUATOR AT 122W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 27N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL. N OF 27N BETWEEN 
120W AND 130W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. S 
OF 8N W OF 130W E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 
LINE 30N117W 13N110W TO EQUATOR AT 127N WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.N OF 21N W OF 109W...INCLUDING GULF OF CALIFORNIA...NW WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 24N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC WED FEB 06...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...4N77W 8N127W 7N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 115W AND 120W.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.