Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:03:38 -0600

627 
ATHW40 PHFO 231803
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC WED JAN 23 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC JANUARY 23 2008

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS...SOME WITH ACCOMPANYING SHOWERS...ARE MAINLY 
IMPACTING WINDWARD COASTAL...MAUKA AND WINDWARD UPSLOPE SECTIONS ON 
THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES THIS MORNING.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO 
AFFECTING LEEWARD AREAS OF THE SMALLER ISLES AND WEST MAUI FROM TIME 
TO TIME...THOUGH LANAI APPEARS TO BE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY.  LOW 
CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST NEAR 25 MPH ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

A BAND OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS...ORIENTED 
WEST/NORTHWEST TO EAST/SOUTHEAST...IS IMMEDIATELY UPWIND FROM THE 
ISLES AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  SOME OF THIS CLOUDINESS HAS ALREADY BEEN 
MAKING LANDFALL ON ALL THE MAJOR ISLANDS EXCEPT LANAI.  AN AREA OF 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS...NORTH OF THE STATE...IS MOVING 
EAST/SOUTHEASTWARD AT 40 TO 50 MPH.  ELSEWHERE SKIES ARE CLEAR TO 
SCATTERED OVER THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

A COLD FRONT IS MORE THAN 1200 MILES WEST/NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND IS 
MOVING TOWARD THE EAST NEAR 30 MPH.  EXTENSIVE BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
MULTILAYERED CLOUDINESS...WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS...EXISTS ALONG AND EAST OF THE BOUNDARY.  ALONG AND 
SOUTH OF 30N AND ALONG AND EAST OF THE DATELINE...MOST OF THESE 
CLOUDS ARE NORTHWEST OF A LINE THROUGH 30N169W 24N175.5W 22N180.  
THE MOST RECENT SURFACE OBSERVATION FROM MIDWAY ATOLL...NEAR 28N 
177.5W...SHOWS OVERCAST LOW CLOUDINESS...LIGHT RAIN...AND WINDS FROM 
THE SOUTH AT 15 TO 20 MPH.

A BROAD AREA OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...A MIX OF STABLE AND 
SHOWERY ELEMENTS...EXISTS IN AN AREA FROM 350 TO 950 MILES NORTHEAST 
OF THE ISLANDS.  THIS CLUSTER OF LOW CLOUDINESS IS SLOWLY ROTATING 
IN A CYCLONIC...OR COUNTERCLOCKWISE...DIRECTION.  AS IT IS DOING 
SO...IT IS ALSO MOVING TOWARD THE WEST/SOUTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.