Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 23:47:06 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 010600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/010600Z-020600ZJAN2008//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY NEAR 15.0S 135.1E, IS
NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.0S 134.2E, APPROXIMATELY 290 NM SOUTHEAST OF
DARWIN, AUSTRALIA. RECENT ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS A LESS WELL-DEFINED AREA OF LOW LEVEL CYCLONIC TURNING OVER
LAND, TO THE WEST OF THE GULF OF CARPENTARIA. RECENT MICROWAVE
IMAGERY SHOWS A REDUCTION IN CONVECTIVE BANDING AND THAT THE MAIN
AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION HAS BECOME SEPARATED FROM THE LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 996 MB. SINCE THE SYSTEM IS NOW TRACKING WESTWARD AWAY
FROM THE COAST AND THE LLCC IS LESS DEFINED, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: DELTA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.