Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:01:47 -0600

247 
ATPQ40 PGUM 301501
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST THU JAN 31 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

HIGH PRESSURE AND DRY TRADE-WIND FLOW CONTINUE TO DOMINATE 
MICRONESIA TODAY. THE ONLY SIGNIFICANT CONVECTIVE AREA LIES 
SOUTHEAST OF PALAU AND TO THE SOUTH OF YAP AND CHUUK. THIS AREA OF 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IS PRIMARILY RELATED TO 
WEAK LOW-LEVEL TROUGHING WITHIN THE TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE AND SOME
ENHANCED UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE. IT IS LOCATED WITHIN 150 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 6N139E TO EQ157E. ELSEWHERE...ONLY SMALL PATCHES OF 
TRADE-WIND SHOWERS PERSIST...PRIMARILY BETWEEN 10 AND 20N AND IN 
EASTERN MICRONESIA BETWEEN 2N AND 5N...EAST OF 160E.

THIS EVENING'S SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS ALL FRONTAL ACTIVITY LOCATED 
NORTH OF 25N. 

$$
EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.