Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 04:44:15 -0600

497 
FZPN40 PHFO 031044
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU JAN 03 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 03 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 04 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 05 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 161E 29N 160E MOVING E 20 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
28N W OF 168E.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT 30N 169E 25N 160E.  WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 169E 25N 165E 22N 160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 180 NM E AND 90 NM W OF FRONT N OF 26N.

HIGH 1027MB 30N 171W NEARLY STATIONARY.  RIDGES THRU 29N 180 23N 
160E AND THRU 26N 160W 25N 144W.

WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 20N 160W 10N 150W 17N 170E 20N 
180 20N 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 18N BOUNDED BY 
150W AND 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 08N AND 18N BOUNDED BY 
145W AND 160W.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 16 FT BETWEEN 12N AND 20N BOUNDED BY 175W AND 168E.  SEAS 
8 FT OR LESS S OF 06N W OF 170E...AND N OF 25N BETWEEN 165W AND 
175W.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 06N W OF 170E...AND N OF 
25N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF A LINE 30N 180 18N 153W 30N 
153W.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 25N E OF 143W.

ITCZ...08N 140W 08N 150W 09N 170W 07N 170E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 240 NM N AND 150 NM S OF THE ITCZ E OF 156W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.