Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 22:45:10 -0600

991 
FZPN40 PHFO 230445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED JAN 23 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 23 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 24 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 25 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
COLD FRONT 30N173E 26N170E 25N167E 23N160E MOVING E 20 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N AND W OF FRONT...AND N OF 27N 
BETWEEN FRONT AND 175W. ALSO 1008MB LOW AT 24N171E WITH TRAILING 
TROUGH THRU 20N167E 16N160E...MOVING NE 25 KT. LOW MERGING WITH 
FRONT BY 231200 UTC.  SCATTERED TSTMS N OF 23N BETWEEN 170W AND 
170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST 1006MB LOW NEAR 28N179W. FRONTS FROM LOW THRU 30N 
178W AND THRU 24N178E 20N171E 20N160E. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT WITHIN 100 
E SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. ELSEWHERE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 23N BETWEEN 
170W AND 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GALE LOW N OF FCST AREA. ASSOCIATED FRONT THRU
30N171W 25N174W 20N180. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 200 NM E OF FRONT N 
OF 27N.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT VICINITY OF 30N 160E. S WINDS 20 TO 35 
KT N OF 27N W OF 167E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

DISSIPATING LOW 1019MB NEAR 29N 142W MOVING S SLOWLY. TRAILING FRONT 
THRU 27N143W 26N144W 27N150W.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND FRONT DISSIPATED.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT BETWEEN 21N AND 10N FROM 
155W TO 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 
18N AND 09N FROM 155W TO 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 
19N AND 10N FROM 160W TO 150W.

RIDGE 24N179W 16N165E MOVING NE 15 KT.

ELSEWHERE SEAS N OF 05N BETWEEN 150W AND 180...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ALSO 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT N OF 24N W OF 168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE 20N160E 25N173E 
24N178W 10N180 EQ170W 04N155W 12N150W 30N168W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF 
24N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE 30N169W 25N173W 
20N170E 23N164E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE 30N164E 28N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N AND E OF A LINE 12N140W 13N145W 20N145W 30N157W. 

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF 
AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 26N FROM 178W TO 170W...AND ALSO S OF 
03N W OF 167E.

ITCZ...FROM 08N 140W TO 07N 158W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.