Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:45:10 -0600

998 
FZPN40 PHFO 141645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON JAN 14 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 14 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 15 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 16 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 141W 21N 147W 18N 152W MOVING E SLOWLY. N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 23N BETWEEN 148W AND 
160W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF COLD FRONT N OF 27N. ISOLATED TSTMS 
IN AREA N OF 26N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 140W 21N 145W. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 147W AND 153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DECREASING TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

COLD FRONT 30N 167E 28N 160E MOVING E 30 KT. W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 178W. ISOLATED TSTMS IN 
AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 171E AND 177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 179W 23N 166E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF COLD FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 171W 26N 176W 24N 177E. WINDS 
DECREASING TO 20 KT OR LESS.

RIDGE 30N 167W 26N 179W 23N 160E MOVING E 15 KT.

RIDGE 24N 140W 22N 142W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE W.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 05N TO 22N BETWEEN 171E AND 
153W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 06N TO 17N 
BETWEEN 170E AND 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 17N 
W OF 170W

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 12 TO 20 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 140W 08N 163W 06N 176E 
15N 167E 22N 179E 24N 174W 30N 168W 30N 140W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN 
AREA S OF LINES 08N 160E 09N 162E 09N 167E 04N 170E EQ 175E...AND 
EQ 152W 02N 150W 05N 140W. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT REST OF AREA. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 22 FT IN AREA N OF LINES 27N 156W 
24S 155W 23N 150W 25N 146W 30N 143W AND 28N 160E 26N 162E 30N 177W. 
SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF 04N W OF 170E...AND S OF LINE EQ 152W 
12N 140W. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT REST OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 166E 
24N 170E 30N 174W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF 04N W OF 
171E...AND S OF LINE EQ 143W 04N 140W. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT REST OF AREA.

ITCZ...06N 140W 06N 145W 04N 174W 04N 173E 03N 164E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA S OF 08N W OF 165W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.