Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:37:17 -0600

086 
ATPQ40 PGUM 151437
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST WED JAN 16 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM 4N130E TO EQ155E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FORMING ALONG AND NORTH 
OF THE TROUGH CAN BE FOUND WITHIN 200 MILES OF A LINE EXTENDING FROM 
9N130E TO 7N138E TO EQ150E. THIS AREA INCLUDES YAP AND PALAU.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS BETWEEN 1N 
AND 6N FROM 155E TO 165E AND BETWEEN 4N AND 7N FROM 170E TO 180. 
THIS AREA COVERS POHNPEI AND KOSRAE STATES AND INCLUDES THE 
MARSHALL ISLANDS.

A COLD FRONT ENTERS THE DISCUSSION AREA NEAR 25N170E AND EXTENDS 
WESTWARD TO 23N154E. IT THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO BEYOND 
130E AT 20N. AREAS OF LOW CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG 
AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTH OF THE BOUNDARY BETWEEN 155E AND 170E AND 
UP TO 125 MILES NORTH OF THE BOUNDARY BETWEEN 135E AND 155E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.