Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:16:24 -0600

880 
FZPN01 KWBC 221616
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 22 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 35N 164E 993 MB MOVING NE 30 KT AND INTENSIFYING. WITHIN 
180 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 19 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM W AND NW 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
360 NM E QUADRANT AND 360 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 179E 978 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 19 TO 27 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 720 NM S AND 600 NM E AND 420 NM N AND 300 NM W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 179E 976 MB WITH ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 
58N 176W TO 56N 165W TO 47N 170W TO 31N 176W. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
AND 180 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 19 TO 29 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 300 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT AND 300 
NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 63N 168W 980 MB MOVING N 25 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM SE QUADRANT AND 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 48N 175E 998 MB MOVING NE 25 KT WITH ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 
50N 172W TO 41N 174W. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 
KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM S AND 240 NM N 
SEMICIRCLES AND 240 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 149W 1014 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDTIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 37N 123W 1014 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 600 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 124W 1015 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 720 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 123W 1015 MB. FROM 32N AND 43N BETWEEN 
127W AND 143W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

..GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 149W 1014 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 128W 1002 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 
NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N 174W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 32N AND 42N W OF 
163E...AREA OF SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N AND W OF 171W...MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N AND W 
OF 165W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 
57N 163W TO 59N 179E...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 51N BETWEEN 141W AND 154W...AREA OF 
PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 49N 139W 1036 MB MOVING SW 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGE WITH FORECAST HIGH 47N 155W. 

.HIGH 40N 164W 1034 MB WILL MOVE NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 155W 1044 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 150W 1043 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 162E 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 176E 1027 MB.

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE JAN 22
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED JAN 23
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU JAN 24

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 91W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 5N TO 13N BETWEEN 97W AND 112W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 5N TO 12N BETWEEN 105W AND 117W E WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 20N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 128W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 125W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC TUE JAN 22...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 6N115W 8N127W 7N140W.
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER DGS/TK
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.