Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:06:05 -0600

396 
FZPN01 KWBC 140405
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FEB 14 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 39N 169E 989 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 48N 
160E TO 44N 166E TO LOW CENTER TO 32N 175E. WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 53N 167E TO 40N 178E TO 30N 
180...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 171E 974 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 174E 962 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 46N 177W TO 39N 172W. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 36 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 
NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM SE...480 NM 
NW AND 1020 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 360 NM N AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 179E 965 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 52N 171W TO 51N 162W. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM N...660 NM 
SE...720 NM NW AND 960 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM 
N OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 23 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 160W 964 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 57N 
141W TO 45N 145W TO 31N 157W. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 540 NM S 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 24 TO 44 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM W AND NW...960 NM NE AND 1020 NM S QUADRANTS...AND 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 30 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 151W 976 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 54N 
135W TO 42N 142W. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM W AND SW...1020 NM S 
AND 1140 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. NE OF A LINE FROM 59N 150W TO 
47N 127W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N 172W 992 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 34N 172W TO 30N 178W. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT AND 
420 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 161W 976 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW CENTER 
TO NEW LOW CENTER 43N 156W 987 MB TO 37N 160W TO 30N 169W. 
WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 38N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 121W AND 129W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 30N BETWEEN 120W AND A 
LINE FROM 43N 125W TO 30N 137W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 121W AND 130W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 55N 163W TO 54N 172W TO 59N 179W AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 55N 155W TO 55N 166W TO 59N 
180 MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 167W TO 57N 174W MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 42N TO 59N BETWEEN 136W AND 147W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 48N TO 53N BETWEEN 133W AND 137W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 39N BETWEEN 169W AND 172W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 45N BETWEEN 148W AND 156W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 42N 134W 1032 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 128W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 32N 170W 1022 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 154W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 137W 1028 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 39N 134W 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU FEB 14
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI FEB 15
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT FEB 16

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 92W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.

.NW OF LINE 30N127W 20N140W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 12 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N118W 20N127W 
5N127W 5N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 29N114W 10N125W 5N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N125W 16N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 12 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 25N112W 
5N112W 5N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS SEAS 
BUILDING 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC THU FEB 14...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N77W 6N110W 7N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 4N87W.
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 5N TO 8N FROM 100W TO 106W.

$$
FORECASTER LL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.