Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:45:10 -0600

227 
FZPN40 PHFO 050445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT JAN 05 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 05 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 06 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 07 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
...DEVELOPING GALE...
.LOW 1009 MB NEAR 28N 163E MOVING NE 25 KT. STATIONARY FRONT FROM 
LOW THROUGH 30N 170E. COLD FRONT FROM LOW THROUGH 24N 160E. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW AND FRONT.
.24 HR FORECAST GALE LOW NORTH OF FORECAST AREA. FRONT THROUGH 30N 
179E 23N 170E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM OF FRONT NORTH OF 26N.
.48 HR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N 166W 20N 176E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM EAST OF FRONT NORTH OF 28N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.48 HR FORECAST NEW FRONT THROUGH 30N 166E 27N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 180 NM OF FRONT.

.HIGH 1024 MB NEAR 30N 161W MOVING EAST 20 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH 
THROUGH 24N 140W AND THROUGH 26N 180 23N 164E MOVING EAST 20 KT.
.24 HR FORECAST HIGH 1024 MB NEAR 29N 148W.
.48 HR FORECAST HIGH 1024 MB NEAR 28N 140W. 

.EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 18N BETWEEN 145W AND 
170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 18N 
EAST OF 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 18N 
EAST OF 162W.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 180 20N 140W 05N 
140W 05N 160E 30N 160E...AND IN AREA NORTH OF 26N EAST OF 155W.
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 175W 
20N 165W 16N 140W 06N 140W 06N 160E 30N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN 
AREA NORTH OF 20N EAST OF 150W.
.48 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 140W 08N 140W 
08N 180 20N 180 20N 160W 30N 145W 30N 140W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA 
BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 175W 20N 160E 30N 160E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 9 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF 
FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ THROUGH 07N 140W 06N 160W 09N 180. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM NORTH OF ITCZ EAST OF 150W...AND WITHIN 90 NM 
ELSEWHERE OF ITCZ. 

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.