Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 05:45:48 -0600

617 
TXPS40 PHFO 171145
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1145 UTC THU JAN 17 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA NEAR 15.5S 170.3E AT 17/1030 UTC BASED ON 
MTSAT 4 KM IR RESOLUTION IMAGERY AND ANIMATION. POSITION ACCURATE 
WITHIN 60 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND SPEED 55 KT. 
MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARDS 116 DEGREES AT 15 KT OVER THE PAST 6 
HOURS.

T3.5/3.5/D1.0/24 HOURS

REMARKS...LOG10 SPIRAL HAS 1.0 BANDING...AND WITH AN ADDITIONAL 0.5 
FOR A WHITE BAND...THE DT IS 4.0. HOWEVER FT IS 3.5 DUE TO 
CONSTRAINTS. PT AND MET ARE 3.5. 

$$

LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.