Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:06:06 -0600

411 
ATPQ40 PGUM 051405
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST WED FEB 6 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE CURVES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N158E THROUGH THE NORTHERN 
MARIANAS AT 20N145E TO 18N135E TO BEYOND 130E AT 20N. PATCHY CLOUDS 
AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG THIS BOUNDARY AND NORTHWARD TO 
BEYOND 25N.

TRADE-WINDS CONVERGING NEAR THE EQUATOR ARE PRODUCING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF KOROR BETWEEN 1N AND 5N 
FROM 130E TO 138E. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
FOUND SOUTHEAST OF YAP BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 4N FROM 138E TO 146E.

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHWARD FROM EQ145E TO 7N145E. 
TRADE-WINDS CONVERGING EAST OF THE TROUGH AXIS ARE GENERATING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF CHUUK AND POHNPEI 
BETWEEN 3N AND 7N FROM 148E TO 159E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.