Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 04:45:24 -0600

502 
FZPN40 PHFO 041045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI JAN 04 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 04 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 05 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 06 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

STATIONARY FRONT THRU 30N 168E 27N 166E 24N 160E. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
WITHIN 250 NM N OF FRONT.
.24 HR FORECAST...FRONT THRU 30N 169E TO A 1009MB LOW AT 28N 167E 
THEN THRU 26N 165E 22N 160E. WINDS 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM OF LOW.
.48 HR FORECAST...LOW N OF FCST AREA. ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT THRU 30N 
177W 26N 177E 20N 166E. SW WINDS 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
28N.

DISSIPATING COLD FRONT THRU 30N 146W 29N 152W 30N 157W MOVING 
S 30 KT.
.24 HR FORECAST...FRONT DISSIPATED.

SHEAR LINE THRU 23N 140W 19N 152W STATIONARY. FEW SHOWERS ALONG 
SHEAR LINE.

TROUGH THRU 16N 180 13N 176E 06N 162E MOVING W 15 KT. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM EITHERE SIDE OF TROUGH.

HIGH 1026MB NEAR 31N 165W MOVING E 10 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH THRU 
30N 180 AND THRU 25N 148W.
.24 HR FORECAST...HIGH 1024MB AT 31N 162W.
.48 HR FORECAST...HIGH 1024MB AT 29N 147W.

E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 19N TO 09N BETWEEN 150W AND 180.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 18N TO 08N BETWEEN 145W 
AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 18N TO 09N E OF 170W.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 09N W OF 169E AND N OF A LINE FROM 25N 160W 
TO 30N 175W. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT BETWEEN 06N AND 25N W OF 170W. REST 
OF AREA...SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.
.24 HR FORECAST...SEAS 12 TO 20 FT N OF 26N E OF 149W. SEAS 9 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 23N 140W TO 25N 150W THEN TO 30N 154W. 
SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 02N E OF 160W...S OF 09N W OF 169E AND N OF A 
LINE FROM 22N 153W TO 25N 170W 30N 177W. OTHERWISE SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 11 FT BETWEEN 19N AND 04N E OF 175E. 
ALSO SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF 19N E OF 150W. REST OF AREA...9 FT OR LESS.

ITCZ THRU 07N 140W 07N 159W 09N 173W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE
FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE
LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE 
LETTERS/ WITH
ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO [email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.