Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:06:01 -0600

618 
FZPN01 KWBC 081605
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 08 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 47N 167E 954 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N 
167E TO 48N 175E TO 46N 179E TO 38N 178E. BETWEEN 90 NM AND 300 
NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 24 TO 36 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
420 NM S AND 240 NM W QUADRANTS AND 180 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 
46N... WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 
NM S AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS AND 300 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 174E 964 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N 
164W TO 43N 163W TO 33N 172W. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 
40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER ICE FREE WATERS... 
WITHIN 660 NM N QUADRANT AND 600 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 176E 966 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM S AND 600 NM N AND 540 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N 159W 978 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM S AND 240 NM N QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 
16 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 840 NM S AND 720 NM E AND 420 NM N 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 149W 976 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
54N 143W TO 51N 136W TO 41N 136W. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM S 
QUADRANT AND WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT N OF 51N...WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM S QUADRANT AND 420 
NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 137W 982 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 
24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N 178E 997 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 173W 974 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 166W 966 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 45N 
157W TO 32N 166W. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT 
SEAS 22 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM SW AND 240 NM NE 
QUADRANTS AND 240 NM SE OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 
26 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 57N 141W 1006 MB WILL MOVE SE 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
QUADRANT AND 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 14 TO 
20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 53N 149W. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W AREA OF N WINDS TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 134W AND 148W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 51N BETWEEN 126W AND 137W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 37N 132W 1032 MB DRIFT NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 130W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 139W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 32N 170W 1023 MB MOVING SE 25 KT WILL TURN NE IN 12 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 154W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH TO MERGE WITH FORECAST HIGH 36N 139W. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N 170E 1019 MB.

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI FEB 08
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT FEB 09
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN FEB 10

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N97W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 89W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 25N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. N OF 28N BETWEEN 121W AND 129W N WINDS 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 110W 
AND N OF 20N W OF 116W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 20N W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 
30N118W TO EQUATOR AT 133W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 11 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 29N115W TO 
EQUATOR AT 138W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC FRI FEB 08...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 6N77W 3N93W 8N120W 8N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 7N TO 10N BETWEEN 115W AND 123W.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.