Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:45:09 -0600

336 
FZPN40 PHFO 261645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT JAN 26 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 26 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 27 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 28 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N174E 25N169E 21N161E MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED TO TROUGH 30N177E 26N167E. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT 30N170W 22N171W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT.

.RIDGE 30N176W 25N180 20N165E MOVING SE 10 KT.

.RIDGE 30N154W 24N151W 17N142W 17N140W MOVING SW 15 KT.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FRO 20N TO 28N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 25N BETWEEN 150W AND 
163W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 14 TO 22 FT NW OF LINE 23N160E 30N174E AND NE OF LINE 30N152W 
23N140W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 08N E OF 160W AND S OF 20S 
W OF 170E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 17 FT NW OF LINE 20N160E 20N174E 
30N178W AND NE OF LINE 17N140W 22N152W 30N153W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS 
S OF 09N.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF LINE 02N160E 08N170W 
08N140W.

ITCZ...08N 140W 06N 157W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM N OF ITCZ E 
OF 152W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.