Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:59:54 -0600

457 
FZPN40 PHFO 012259
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE JAN 01 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 01 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 02 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 03 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 141W 26N 147W THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 22N 157W 
20N 167W. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT...SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 25N BETWEEN 167E AND 153W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED E OF AREA. SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED.
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 23N BETWEEN 165E AND 
174W...AND FROM 13N TO 23N BETWEEN 174W AND 153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 11N TO 23N BETWEEN 
175E AND 154W.

HIGH 1028MB 30N 169W NEARLY STATIONARY.  RIDGES FROM HIGH THRU 
30N 172E 25N 25N 160E AND THRU 30N 160W 29N 151W NEARLY STATIONARY.

RIDGE THRU 26N 140W 26N 142W MOVING SE 10 KT.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 8 FT OF LESS IN AREA SW OF A LINE 11S 160E EQ 178E...N OF LINE 
30N 177E 28N 174W 30N 169W AND E OF LINE 18N 140W 20N 152W 29N 140W.
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINE 08N 160E 
09N 166E EQ 174E...N OF 26N BETWEEN 179E AND 165E...AND E OF LINE 
13N 140W 15N 145W 21N 140W. ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF 07N W OF 169E...AND 
N OF LINE 30N 177W 27N 175W 25N 165W 28N 163W. ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 18N 157W 18N 150W 
10N 150W 18N 157W.

ITCZ...08N 140W 08N 169W 04N 160E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF 
THE ITCZ E OF 158W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.