Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 06:00:11 -0600

777 
ATHW40 PHFO 161200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC SAT FEB 16 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC FEBRUARY 16 2008

SKIES ARE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ACROSS MOST OF THE ALOHA STATE THIS 
EARLY MORNING.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...ON THE OTHER HAND...DO APPEAR TO 
BE IMPACTING THE WESTERN QUARTER OF KAUAI...AND THE LOWER MOUNTAIN 
SLOPES IN THE HILO...PUNA...KAU AND KONA DISTRICTS ON THE BIG 
ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD FLOW IS NEAR 10 MPH STATEWIDE...FROM THE EAST 
JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND GRADUALLY VEERING TOWARD THE 
SOUTHWEST MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...AREAS OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS ARE 
FOUND IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND AND FARTHER TO ITS 
WEST...SOUTHWEST OF OAHU...AND SOUTHWEST AND WEST OF KAUAI.  
ELSEWHERE CONDITIONS ARE VIRTUALLY CLEAR.

THE LEADING EDGE OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDINESS WITH 
A COLD FRONT IS APPROXIMATELY 450 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AS OF 
BULLETIN TIME.  SINCE LAST EVENING...THE FRONT HAS MOVED TOWARD THE 
EAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH NORTH OF 27N...AND AT LESS THAN 15 MPH SOUTH OF 
THAT LATITUDE.  ALONG AND SOUTH OF 30N...MOST OF THE ACTIVE WEATHER 
WITH THE BOUNDARY IS BOUNDED BY 30N165W 30N159W 25N167W AND 
28.5N166W.  MIDWAY ATOLL IS FAR TO THE WEST OF THE FRONT...AND ITS 
MOST RECENT SURFACE OBSERVATION INDICATES OVERCAST MIDDLE LEVEL 
CLOUDS AND WINDS FROM THE WEST NEAR 5 MPH.

ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AND GFS MODEL OUTPUT... 
THE AXIS OF A NORTH/NORTHEAST-TO-SOUTH/SOUTHWEST ORIENTED UPPER 
TROUGH IS 500 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND HAS CONTINUED TO MOVE 
EASTWARD NEAR 15 MPH.  ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING JUST 
SOUTHEAST AND SOUTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS SOUTH OF 13N...WITH MOST OF 
THE CONVECTION BOUNDED BY 13N145W 09N145W 05N158W 08N158W. 

$$ 

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.