Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:30:38 -0600

470 
ATHW40 PHFO 160030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT FEB 16 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC FEBRUARY 16 2008

SKIES OVER THE ISLANDS HAVE CLOUDED UP DRAMATICALLY SINCE THE CLEAR 
SKIES OF THIS MORNING. LIGHT TRADES AND AFTERNOON SEA BREEZES HAVE 
BROUGHT SCATTERED TO BROKEN SKIES OVER MOST OF THE ISLANDS. THE 
EXCEPTIONS BEING CLEAR SKIES OVER THE BIG ISLAND SUMMITS AND THE TOP 
OF HALEAKALA. ON MAUI THE LAHAINA COAST...KEHEI COAST...AND THE 
SHORELINE FROM SPRECKELSVILLE TO HUELO REMAIN MOSTLY CLEAR AS WELL. 
SOUTH OF OAHU MID AND LOW LEVEL CLOUDS FORMED BY THE BIG ISLAND 
PLUME ARE DRIFTING NORTH TOWARD THE SOUTH SHORE OF OAHU. SOME 
SHOWERS ARE EMBEDDED WITHIN THIS CLOUD FIELD NEAR 20N.

A COLD FRONT IS MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH ALONG 27N AND STRETCHES FROM 
24N 180 TO 30N 162W. THE ASSOCIATED CLOUD BAND IS 200 MILES ACROSS 
AND MADE UP OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING 
CUMULUS AND CUMULONIMBUS. AHEAD OF THE FRONT MID AND HIGH LEVEL 
CIRRUS COVER THE AREA FROM 27N TO 30N AND 152W TO 160W. A THIN
CONVERGENCE BAND 125 MILES AHEAD OF THE FRONT IS MADE UP OF CUMULUS 
AND TOWERING CUMULUS AND RUNS FROM 20N 178W TO 28N 168W.

300 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AN UPPER LEVEL LOW IS CREATING AN 
AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS CENTERED NEAR 19N 148W. 

WEST OF THE STATE AND NORTH OF 20N...SCATTERED STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ 
ARE MOVING NORTH TO NORTHWEST AT 15 MPH. SOUTH OF 20N LOW SCATTERED 
SC ARE MOVING WEST AT 10 TO 20 MPH.

$$ 

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.