Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:53:55 -0600

715 
ATPQ40 PGUM 170253
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST THU JAN 17 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 4N130E TO 
EQ155E. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING 
NORTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS OVER PALAU WITHIN 200 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
13N130E TO 4N140E...AND SOUTH OF CHUUK AND POHNPEI FROM 4N140E TO 
4N160E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS ACROSS KOSRAE 
AND THE MARSHALL ISLANDS WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N160E TO 
8N170E TO 5N180. 

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N154E TO 23N152E AND 
THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 16N140E. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED 
LIGHT SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 150 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS 
FRONTAL BOUNDARY.

A SECOND SHEAR LINE REACHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N140E TO 15N127E. 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 400 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

AN OLD SHEAR LINE STARTS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N180 TO 19N165E. 
CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FORMING ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.