Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 12:53:47 -0600

757 
ATHW40 PHFO 091853
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC WED JAN 09 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC JANUARY 09 2008

THE LEADING EDGE OF A NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTHWEST ORIENTED FRONTAL 
BAND LIES ABOUT 280 MILES TO THE WEST NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE FRONT 
HAS BEEN MOVING SLOWLY TOWARD THE EAST OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS. 
THE FRONTAL BAND IS ABOUT 150 MILES WIDE AND CONSISTS OF LAYERED 
CLOUDS WITH POCKETS OF DEEP CONVECTION ALONG THE FRONT NORTH OF 24N. 

OUT AHEAD OF THE FRONT LIES A NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTHWEST ORIENTED 
PRE FRONTAL BAND WHICH LIES ABOUT 130 MILES TO THE NORTHWEST OF 
KAUAI. THIS BAND HAS ALSO BEEN MOVING SLOWLY TOWARD THE EAST OVER 
THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS. THIS BAND IS ABOUT 40 MILES WIDE AND 
CONSISTS OF MOSTLY STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS. 

THERE ARE PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS AROUND THE ISLANDS. THE CLOUD TO THE 
NORTH OF THE STATE ARE TAKING A NORTHWARD TRAJECTORY WHILE THE 
CLOUDS SOUTH OF THE STATE ARE GENERALLY MOVING TOWARD THE WEST. 

OVER THE ISLANDS THEMSELVES THERE IS IS VERY LITTLE IN THE WAY OF 
LOW CLOUD COVER. KAUAI...OAHU AND LANAI ARE NEARLY CLOUD FREE WHILE 
THERE ARE A FEW PATCHES OF CLOUDS SEEN OVER INTERIOR MOLOKAI. ON 
MAUI LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER THE EASTERN SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. AND 
ON THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN IN A LINE FROM THE HILO 
VICINITY ON DOWN OVER THE SOUTHEAST KAU COASTAL AREA.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.