Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:30:09 -0600

557 
ATHW40 PHFO 151830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC FRI FEB 15 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC FEBRUARY 15 2008

SKIES ARE CRYSTAL CLEAR ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS MORNING WITH 
NIGHTTIME DRAINAGE FLOW PUSHING ANY CLOUDS OFF THE COAST. THE FEW 
EXCEPTIONS OF CLOUDLESS SKIES ARE NEAR LIHUE...OVER THE KOOLAU 
MTS...AND LOCAL MAUI WINDWARD LOCATIONS WHERE SCATTERED LOW TOPPED 
STRATOCUMULUS ARE HANGING ON TO THE TERRAIN.

A COLD FRONT IS MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH ALONG 27N AND STRETCHES FROM 
24N 180 TO 30N 168W. THE ASSOCIATED CLOUD BAND IS 200 MILES ACROSS 
AND MADE UP OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING 
CUMULUS AND CUMULONIMBUS. AHEAD OF THE FRONT MID AND HIGH LEVEL 
CIRRUS COVER THE AREA FROM 27N TO 30N AND 152W TO 168W. A THIN
CONVERGENCE BAND 200 MILES AHEAD OF THE FRONT IS MADE UP OF CUMULUS 
AND TOWERING CUMULUS AND RUNS FROM 20N 178W TO 28N 168W.

300 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AN UPPER LEVEL LOW IS CREATING AN 
AREA OF ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS CENTERED NEAR 21N 149W. THE HIGHEST 
CLOUD TOPS ARE REACHING 41 THOUSAND FEET. 

$$ 

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.