Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 08:36:14 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 081430
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/REISSUED/081430Z-090600ZJAN2008//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 18.2S 175.5W,
APPROXIMATELY 350 NM EAST OF SUVA, FIJI. RECENT INFRARED IMAGERY AND
A 080756Z SSMI/S 37GHZ MICROWAVE IMAGE SHOWS A WELL ORGANIZED LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH THE BULK OF CONVECTION DIS-
PLACED TO THE SOUTH. A 080903Z ASCAT PASS ALSO REVEALS A TIGHTLY
WOUND LLCC WITH 25 KNOT UNFLAGGED WINDS AT THE CENTER. AN UPPER LEVEL
LOW TO THE NORTHWEST OF THE LLCC IS CURRENTLY PREVENTING CONVECTION
FROM FORMING DIRECTLY OVER THE CENTER OF THE DISTURBANCE. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002 MB. DUE TO THE WELL-
DEFINED LLCC, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED AREA IN PARA 2.B (1) AS A FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.