Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:41:32 -0600

004 
FZPN01 KWBC 182141
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FEB 18 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 37N 179W 988 MB MOVING NE 40 KT AND INTENSIFYING. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 480 NM S AND SE AND 960 NM W QUADRANTS... 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 158W 968 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 41N 156W TO 35N 160W TO 30N 168W. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
QUADRANT AND 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 36N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 
14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM SW...480 NM W...AND 180 NM 
N QUADRANTS...420 NM E OF FRONT...AND FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
168W AND 174E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 23 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 152W 965 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 148W 968 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 53N 
151W TO 48N 137W TO 37N 144W. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 
40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS...420 NM E OF FRONT...AND FROM 33N TO 38N BETWEEN 152W 
AND 175W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.  

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 46N 142W 980 MB MOVING N 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 39N 138W TO 30N 141W. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM SW 
QUADRANT AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 38N...WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SW QUADRANT AND 420 
NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 148W 968 MB. N OF 54N AND E OF 145W... 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 53N 135W TO 48N 130W TO 42N 127W AND ALSO N OF 51N 
AND E OF 153W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N 161W 981 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N 157W TO 32N 162W. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S AND 300 
NM W QUADRANTS AND 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 45N 136W 1000 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N 173W 966 MB MOVING E 05 KT. OVER ICE FREE WATERS WITHIN 
480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 170W 973 MB. WITHIN 600 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 168W 983 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 59N 148W TO 54N 139W TO 51N 137W 
AREA OF S TO SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 56N 148W ABOVE. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 57N AND W OF 174W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 46N AND W OF 169E AREA OF NW WINDS 
TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 43N TO 54N BETWEEN 136W AND 142W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N 134W 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 128W 1026 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 171E 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON FEB 18
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE FEB 19
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED FEB 20

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 7N TO 15N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT WITH NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 101W AND SOUTH OF LINE 30N122W 15N135W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 13N FROM 100W TO 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 15N W OF 127W NE WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.NW OF LINE 30N135W 27N140W SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N132W 23N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N123W 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC MON FEB 18...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...2N78W 4N105W 6N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF ITCZ FROM 84W TO 93W.
SCATTERED MODERATE 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF ITCZ FROM 105W TO 124W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 7N128W.

$$
FORECASTER LL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.