Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:59:24 -0600

219 
ATPQ40 PGUM 050259
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST TUE FEB 5 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

WELL SOUTH OF THE MARIANAS AN AREA OF SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS STRETCHES FROM 3N TO 9N BETWEEN 144E AND NEAR POHNPEI 
AT 159E. THIS AREA HAS BEEN SLOWLY DRIFTING TO THE WEST WITHIN AN 
ENHANCED AREA OF TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE. IN THESE SAME LATITUDES... 
AND EAST OF POHNPEI TO THE DATELINE...WEAKER CONVERGENCE IS HELPING 
TO DEVELOP MOSTLY SCATTERED SHOWERS WITH ONLY A FEW EMBEDDED 
THUNDERSTORMS. THIS AREA INCLUDES THE ISLAND OF KOSRAE AND THE 
SOUTHERN MARSHALLS...SOUTH OF MAJURO.

ANOTHER AREA OF SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED CONVECTION IS LOCATED 
SOUTH OF PALAU AND YAP...PRIMARILY SOUTH OF 5N BETWEEN 130E AND 
145E. THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO WEAK LOW-LEVEL TROUGHING AND 
CONVERGENCE IN THE TRADE-WIND FLOW AS IT TURNS SOUTHWARD INTO THE 
SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE SUMMER MONSOON.

ALONG THE NORTHERN PORTION OF THE AREA...A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS 
SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N155E TO 18N140E TO 17N130E. PATCHY LOW-LEVEL 
CLOUDS AND SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 200 
MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS LINE. ELSEWHERE...HIGH PRESSURE DOMINATES IN 
THE STRONG TRADE-WIND FLOW. PATCHY AREAS OF TRADE-WIND SHOWERS CAN 
BE SEEN DRIFTING WESTWARD THROUGHOUT MICRONESIA BETWEEN 10N AND 20N.

$$

EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.