Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:15:12 -0600

937 
FZPN40 PHFO 192315
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE FEB 19 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 19 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 20 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 21 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THROUGH 30N163W 25N175W 19N173E MOVING EAST 20 KT. WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT IN AREA NORTH OF 26N BETWEEN 160W AND 178W. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ALONG FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N158W 24N170W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N158W 25N170W.

.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT THROUGH 30N163E 28N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT IN AREA NORTH OF 28N WEST OF 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N167E 24N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
IN AREA NORTH OF 27N WEST OF 172E.

.RIDGE THROUGH 22N140W 20N160W 18N176E NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING 
FROM THE WEST.

.RIDGE THROUGH 24N160E 20N172E MOVING EAST 20 KT.

.SEAS 15 TO 19 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160E 30N170W 22N180 22N170E 
30N160E. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160E 
20N140W 22N140W 15N160W 05N170W 05N180 10N160E 30N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 16 FT IN AREA NORTH OF 27N BETWEEN 150W 
AND 175W. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160E 
30N140W 20N140W 20N150W 05N150W EQ175W EQ175E 10N160E 30N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160E 
30N140W 08N140W 05N160W 05N165E 30N160E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 9 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF 
FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ THROUGH 06N140W 05N160W 07N170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 OF ITCZ WEST OF 150W AND WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ WEST OF 
177E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.