Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:42:58 -0600

552 
FZPN01 KWBC 292142
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 29 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 31. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 166W 979 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 19 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
ALSO FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 151W AND 174W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 147W 978 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 28 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 660 NM SW AND 780 NM SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 129W 990 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SW
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 26 TO 39 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 41N AND W OF 166E AREA OF S WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
9 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 169E 966 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 19 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM E AND 360 NM W SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 
19 FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 52N BETWEEN 174W AND 160E...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 177E 968 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...300 NM NW QUADRANT...AND 420 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 
40 TO 55 KT SEAS 26 TO 39 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 44N TO 59N BETWEEN 
162W AND 165E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 133W 988 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 21 TO 31 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 180 1000 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 168E 989 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 240 
NM N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW NW OF AREA 61N 179E 988 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S 
AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 65N 169W 1000 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 66N 167W 1008 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT 
AND SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 123W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 39N TO 49N BETWEEN 154W AND 160W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.HIGH 33N 157W 1034 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 158W 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 153W 1032 MB.

.HIGH 39N 142W 1033 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 134W 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 134W 1031 MB.

.HIGH 39N 178W 1028 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 160W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 149W 1029 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE JAN 29
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED JAN 30
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU JAN 31

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.W OF LINE 27N140W 20N112W 6N140W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT IN NW TO N SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N116W 10N106W 
EQUATOR AT 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW TO N 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 27N W OF 118WW NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 
22N BETWEEN 114W AND 122W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 5N TO 27N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL...EXCEPT 12 TO 15 
FT FROM 15N TO 21N W OF 132W. ELSEWHERE N OF 5N W OF 112W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 5N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT WITH SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 22N TO 26N E OF 109W NW WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
TO 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC TUE JAN 29...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 1N79W 8N120W 4N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.