Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:45:07 -0600

528 
FZPN40 PHFO 241645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU JAN 24 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 24 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 25 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 26 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
COLD FRONT W OF NW FORECAST WATERS MOVING E 30 KT. S WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 162E.
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT APPROACHING NW FORECAST WATERS. S TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N W OF 168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N166E 24N160E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N W OF 172E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N174E 22N163E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

FRONT 30N172W 27N175W 24N180 20N173E. FRONT MOVING E 10 KT N OF 
27N AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 270 
NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N. N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 270 NM W 
OF FRONT N OF 28N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 
167W AND 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N168W 23N171W. S TO SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 30N172W 22N172W. S TO SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 150 NM E OF TROUGH N OF 28N.

TROUGH 30N155W 26N150W 23N143W MOVING SW 10 KT. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN TROUGH AND 144W N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 30N161W 24N158W 22N152W. E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM NE OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 29N167W 23N163W 20N156W. E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 270 NM NE OF TROUGH.

E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 18N BETWEEN 149W AND 166W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 18N E OF 
160W. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE 21N140W 23N146W 30N152W. NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF SHEAR LINE.

RIDGE 30N163W 23N174W MOVING E SLOWLY.

RIDGE 30N177W 29N176W MOVING E 10 KT.

RIDGE 30N170E 22N163E MOVING E 10 KT.

SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 20N W OF 173E...AND IN AREA N OF 23N 
BETWEEN 175W AND 173E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 160W AND 
175W...AND IN AREA N OF 23N E OF 153W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA FROM 
06N TO 17N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF 25N W OF 170E. SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 19N BETWEEN 170W AND 172E. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN 
AREA S OF 18N BETWEEN 155W AND 177W...AND IN AREA N OF 22N E OF 
157W. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 22N E OF 147W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 21 FT IN AREA N OF 23N W OF 170E...AND 
IN AREA N OF 20N E OF 151W. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 
170E AND 174E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 21N BETWEEN 151W AND 
176W. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 15N BETWEEN 145W AND 173E.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER 
OF AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA S OF 03N W OF 171E.

ITCZ...08N140W 05N158W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.