Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:00:12 -0600

940 
ATHW40 PHFO 051800
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC SAT JAN 05 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC JANUARY 05 2008

LOW CEILINGS THIS MORNING ARE MAINLY IMPACTING WINDWARD AND MAUKA 
SECTIONS OF KAUAI...OAHU AND MOLOKAI...THOUGH LEEWARD AREAS OVER 
THESE THREE ISLES ARE ALSO SEEING OCCASIONAL BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS.  
SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE AROUND THE 
ALOHA STATE.  LOW CLOUD MOTION ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN IS FROM THE 
EAST TO SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF EAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH.

IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE 
PASSING BY SOUTH OF OAHU...AND SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI.  BROKEN 
LOW CLOUDINESS EXISTS IMMEDIATELY NORTHWEST AND NORTH OF KAUAI...AND 
IN THE KAIWI CHANNEL.  AN EAST-TO-WEST ORIENTED BAND OF SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS LOCATED EAST OF MAUI AND STRETCHES BEYOND 150 
DEGREES WEST LONGITUDE.  CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO PARTLY 
CLOUDY.  FARTHER AFIELD...A VAST AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST STABLE 
LOW CLOUDS IS FOUND NORTH OF 24N BETWEEN 140W AND 166W.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATES DRY CONDITIONS ALOFT...ABOVE 24 
THOUSAND FEET...ACROSS THE REGION.  THIS AREA IS...MORE OR LESS...
LOCATED FROM 15N TO 27N BETWEEN 130W AND 165W.  OUTPUT FROM THE 
LATEST GFS MODEL RUN PLACES THE CENTER OF AN UPPER ANTICYCLONE...OR 
HIGH...NEAR 21N 155.5W...OR 100 MILES NORTH/NORTHWEST OF HILO.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.