Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:52:14 -0600

935 
FQPS01 NFFN 111800    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE Jan 112000 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNING NIL. 

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 121800 UTC.

 EX-TROPICAL CYCLONE ELISA [996HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 24.0S 169W AT
111800UTC. POSITION FAIR. CYCLONE MOVING EAST AT 10 KNOTS AND
CONTINUES TO SLOWLY WEAKEN.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION TD 08F [1001HPA] NEAR 14.4S 179.0E MOVING
EAST-SOUTHEAST AT 10 KNOTS. POSITION POOR. CLOCKWISE WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS WITH GUSTS UPTO 30 KNOTS WITHIN 50 MILES OF CENTRE. ROUGH SEAS.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 08S 160E 09S 175E TO TD08F SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF CZ1.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ2 09S 180 14S 175W 19S 170W TO EX-TC ELISA SLOW
MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120
MILES OF CZ2. 

TROUGH T1 18S 160E TO WEAK LOW L1 [1001HPA] NEAR 16S 165E TO 16S 168E
14S 173E TO TD 08F TO 19S 175W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN
OCCASIONAL RAIN AND ISOLATED SQUALLY THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES
OF T1. 

TROUGH T2 13S 165W 15S 155W 20S 145W 25S 137W SLOW MOVING.  POOR
VISIBILITY IN OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
100 MILES OF T2.

IN AREA SOUTH OF T1 AND EAST OF 165E EXPECT EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS
15 TO 25 KNOTS AND UPTO 30 KNOTS AT TIMES. ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE EAST
TO SOUTHEASTERLY SWELLS, BECOMING HEAVY IN AREA SOUTH OF 22S BETWEEN
175E AND 170W.

WITHIN 120 MILES OF CZ1 AND CZ2, EXPECT NORTH TO NORTHWESTERLY WINDS
20 TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KNOTS. ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE
SWELLS, BECOMING HEAVY IN THE AREA BETWEEN 170E AND 175W.

OVER BROAD AREA EAST OF 160W MODERATE SOUTH TO SOUTHWESTERLY SWELLS,
BECOMING HEAVY SOUTH OF 15S EAST OF 130W. HEAVY SWELLS SLOWLY MOVING
EAST.  

 

   

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.