Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:47:17 -0600

366 
FZPN40 PHFO 181645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON FEB 18 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 18 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 19 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 20 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT 30N172E 25N160E MOVING ESE 40 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 35 KT N OF A 
LINE 25N160E 25S170E 30N178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N170W 21N170E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N153W 22N180 22N176E.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N146W 26N151W 25N156W THENCE A DISSIPATING STATIONARY 
FRONT THRU 27N164W 20N180 19N170E 15N160E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 30 
KT ALONG 30N.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS E OF FRONT N 
OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT 27N140W 24N144W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 
KT OR LESS.

.WEAK COLD FRONT 30N168W 26N176W MOVING ENE 30 KT.

.RIDGE 24N140W 21N150W 17N173E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE 19N160E 19N170E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 24N160E 30N180.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S 
OF A LINE 08N160E 08N180 30N140W.  ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE 20N160E 24N180 
30N170W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE 10S160E 05S170W 27N140E.  
ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR SEAS 8 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE 30N170E 22N180 30N160W. SEAS 8 
FT OR LESS S OF A LINE 20N140E EQ165E...AND S OF A LINE 10S160E 
10S170E EQ180.  ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ 05N140W 03S149W.  ITCZ INACTIVE AT THIS TIME.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.