Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:30:13 -0600

839 
ATHW40 PHFO 230530
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC WED JAN 23 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 23 2008

A DISSIPATED COLD FRONT HAS LEFT BEHIND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED 
CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FAR NORTHWEST OF KAUAI 
BETWEEN 170W AND 180 AND NORTH OF 25N. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A 
WEAK UPPER TROUGH REMAINING IN THE AREA. 

NEAR THE SURFACE SOUTH OF 25N...LOW STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ ARE MOVING 
GENERALLY WEST AROUND A HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED FAR NORTH OF THE 
ISLANDS. MOST SC ARE MOVING 20 TO 25 MPH AND CLOUD COVERAGE IS 
SCATTERED WITH PATCHES OF BROKEN SKIES. BETWEEN 25N AND 30N...FROM 
140W TO 150W LOW BROKEN STRATUS AND SC ARE MOVING SOUTH AT 15 
MPH...FROM 150W TO 170W LOW SC ARE MOVING WEST AT 20 MPH...AND FROM 
170W TO 180 BROKEN SC ARE MOVING NORTH AT 25 MPH. 

THE SUBTROPICAL JET EMANATES OUT OF THE TROPICS NEAR 10N 155W AND 
HEAD EAST NORTHEAST CROSSING 140W AT 25N. THE 50 TO 80 MPH JET IS 
CREATING MID AND HIGH BROKEN CIRRUS ALONG ITS PATH WITH THE CLOUD 
BAND WIDTH AVERAGING 175 MILES ACROSS.

OVER THE ISLANDS...WINDWARD AREAS HAVE SCATTERED TO BROKEN SC WITH 
SOME ISOLATED SHOWERS EMBEDDED WITHIN. LEEWARD SECTIONS OF THE 
SMALLER ISLANDS ARE MOSTLY CLEAR WITH SOME PASSING SC. ON THE 
LEEWARD COAST AND SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND FROM KAILUA KONA TO 
POINTS SOUTH SKIES ARE BROKEN WITH SC. NORTH OF KAILUA KONA SKIES 
ARE MOSTLY CLEAR WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE KAMUELA AREA WHERE THERE 
IS A PATCH OF BROKEN SC AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.