Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:10:07 -0600

572 
ATPQ40 PGUM 160310
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST WED JAN 16 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM 4N130E TO EQ150E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE 
TROUGH ARE FOUND IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 10N138E TO 10N144E TO 6N149E 
TO 4N159E TO 2N159E TO 2N148E TO 4N141E TO 7N138E BACK TO 10N138E. 
THIS INCLUDES YAP BUT IS SOUTH OF CHUUK AND POHNPEI. SOUTH OF THE 
TROUGH...SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING WELL SOUTH OF PALAU BETWEEN 
THE EQUATOR AND 2N FROM 130E TO 134E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS WEST OF THE 
MARIANAS WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 11N142E TO 15N135E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS ALSO PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS IN THE 
AREA BOUNDED BY 3N160E TO 6N160E TO 9N170E TO 6N180 TO 3N180 BACK TO 
3N160E...INCLUDING KOSRAE...KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 25N180 TO 23N174E...THEN CONTINUES AS A 
SHEAR LINE TO 19N155E. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND 
ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY.

ANOTHER COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 25N135E TO 21N130E AND BEYOND. 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND NORTHWEST OF 
THIS FRONT. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.