Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:28:57 -0600

774 
ATPQ40 PGUM 201428
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST THU FEB 21 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN OLD SHEAR LINE STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 21N180 TO SOUTH OF 
WAKE ISLAND AT 17N167E TO NEAR GUAM AT 13N145E TO 12N130E AND 
BEYOND. PATCHY CLOUDS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP 
TO 100 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.
 
ANOTHER SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 23N180 TO NORTH OF 
WAKE ISLAND AT 20N167E TO NEAR ANATAHAN AT 16N145E TO 13N130E AND 
BEYOND. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS WITH PATCHY RAIN AND EMBEDDED SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 325 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS 
BOUNDARY.

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHWARD FROM EQ149E TO 9N146E. LOW-LEVEL 
CONVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROUGH IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS WEST OF CHUUK IN A REGION BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM EQ145E TO 
3N141E TO 10N150E TO 4N150E BACK TO EQ145E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER AND WEST OF THE  MARSHALL ISLANDS IN AN 
AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 4N170E TO 4N161E TO 10N165E TO 10N174E 
TO 5N178E BACK TO 4N170E. THIS AREA INCLUDES KOSRAE...MAJURO AND 
KWAJALEIN.

$$

LEE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.