Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:45:06 -0600

149 
FZPN40 PHFO 110445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI JAN 11 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 11 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 12 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 13 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 158W 27N 164W MOVING EAST NORTHEAST 25 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT NORTH OF LINE 30N 150W 28N 155W 30N 163W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 147W 29N 150W. WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NORTH OF AREA.

FRONT 30N 180 28N 174E 26N 166E MOVING EAST 35 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
NORTH OF LINE 30N 178W 28N 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 165W 25N 174W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT NORTH 
OF LINE 30N 161W 27N 169W 30N 180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 154W 23N 161W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT NORTH 
OF LINE 30N 149W 27N 157W 30N 168W.

RIDGE 24N 140W 23N 180 28N 160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 07N TO 11N EAST OF 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 23N 
160E 22N 171E 14N 178W 06N 160E 23N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 23N 175W 10N 168W 09N 
160E 16N 160E 23N 175W.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 19 FT NORTH OF LINE 30N 141W 06N 150W 09N 170W 30N 178W. 
SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SOUTH OF 04N WEST OF 177E AND WEST OF LINE 30N 
160E 27N 171E 19N 160E. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 20 FT NORTH OF LINE 30N 172W 28N 178E 
30N 174E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SOUTH OF 05N WEST OF 180 AND BETWEEN 24N 
AND 27N WEST OF 170E. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 29 FT NORTH OF LINE 30N 159W 24N 175W 
30N 177W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SOUTH OF 06N WEST OF 180 AND NORTH OF 
25N WEST OF 175E. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE.

ITCZ...04N 140W 03N 150W 07N 167W 02N 160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM NORTH OF ITCZ BETWEEN 162W AND 170W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ WEST OF 172E.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.