Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:00:12 -0600

925 
ATHW40 PHFO 140000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC THU FEB 14 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC FEBRUARY 13 2008

LOW CEILINGS ARE MAINLY OCCURRING OVER WINDWARD COASTAL...MAUKA AND 
WINDWARD UPSLOPE SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES THIS EARLY 
AFTERNOON.  THIS IS ESPECIALLY THE CASE IN MOLOKAI...MAUI...AND THE 
PUNA AND HILO DISTRICTS ON THE BIG ISLAND.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE 
ALSO IMPACTING THE SOUTHERN THIRD OF MOLOKAI...THE SOUTHERN HALF OF 
LANAI...THE SOUTH-FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...AND 
LOWER UPSLOPE AREAS OF THE KAU AND KONA DISTRICTS ON THE BIG 
ISLAND.  SKIES ARE SUNNY TO PARTLY CLOUDY ELSEWHERE AROUND THE 
ALOHA STATE.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST/NORTHEAST NEAR 20 
MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND GRADUALLY VEERS TOWARD THE EAST 
NEAR 10 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

EXCEPT FOR A SMALL AREA OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
IMMEDIATELY UPWIND OF MOLOKAI...MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND...CONDITIONS 
ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

THE LEADING EDGE OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDINESS WITH 
A FRONT IS ABOUT 400 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND IS MOVING TOWARD 
THE EAST NEAR 15 MPH.  FOCUSING ON THE AREA SOUTH OF 30N... MOST OF 
THE CLOUDINESS AND PRECIPITATION WITH THE FEATURE IS NORTH OF A LINE 
FROM 30N159W TO 25N170W TO 28N177E TO 30N175E.  THE LATEST SURFACE
OBSERVATION FROM MIDWAY ATOLL...NEAR 28N 177.5W...INDICATES 
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS...LIGHT RAIN AND WINDS FROM THE SOUTH/SOUTHEAST 
NEAR 15 MPH.

AN UPPER TROUGH REMAINS A FIXTURE IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC WELL 
EAST AND SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. ACCORDING TO THE MOST RECENT 
WATER VAPOR IMAGES...THE AXIS OF THE SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY ALONG A 
LINE FROM 24.5N140W TO 15N150W TO 07N156W.  THE TROUGH CONTINUES TO 
MOVE SLOWLY TOWARD THE SOUTH AND EAST.  SOUTH OF 16N...SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING JUST TO THE SOUTHEAST 
OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

$$ 

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.