Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 06:33:20 -0600

437 
ATHW40 PHFO 241233
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC THU JAN 24 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 24 2008

THE BAND OF LOW CLOUDS AFFECTING ALL OF THE ISLANDS EARLY LAST 
EVENING HAS COMPLETELY DISSIPATED ALONG THE EAST SIDES OF THE BIG 
ISLAND...MAUI AND MOLOKAI.  BROKEN TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS AND 
ISOLATED SHOWERS CONTINUE OVER OAHU AND KAUAI EXTENDING OVER THE 
COASTAL WATERS 50 MILES EAST OF OAHU AND 100 MILES EAST OF KAUAI. 
SHOWER ACTIVITY OVER THE ISLANDS IS MORE NUMEROUS OWING TO 
OROGRAPHIC INFLUENCES.

ONLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE NOTED OVER THE BIG ISLAND FOLLOWING 
THE DISSIPATION OF THE CLOUD BAND ON THE EAST SLOPES AND THE USUAL 
NOCTURNAL CLOUD DISSIPATION ON THE WEST SLOPES.  MAUI AND MOLOKAI 
ARE ALSO MOSTLY CLEAR AT THIS TIME.  MAINLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE 
SEEN OVER THE WATERS WEST OF KAUAI AND THE BIG ISLAND BUT BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST CONDITIONS ARE NOTED WEST OF THE CENTRAL ISLANDS.  RADAR 
OBSERVATIONS IN ONE FAIRLY LARGE AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW 
CLOUDS ABOUT 40 MILES SOUTHWEST OF OAHU SUPPORTS SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AS IT MOVES WESTWARD AWAY FROM THE ISLANDS.

UPSTREAM...TO THE EAST OF THE ISLANDS...EXCEPT AS NOTED EAST OF OAHU 
AND KAUAI...LOW CLOUDS ARE MOSTLY SCATTERED UNTIL ANOTHER SMALL 
BAND OF BROKEN CLOUDS AND SHOWERS SOME 120-150 MILES EAST OF THE 
ISLANDS.  THAT IS THE FIRST OF SEVERAL NARROW BANDS MOVING TOWARD 
THE ISLANDS AT AROUND 15-20 MPH.

A COLD FRONT ABOUT 950-1000 MILES WEST NORTHWEST OF KAUAI IS MOVING 
EAST AROUND 15 MPH.  ALONG AND SOUTH OF 30N...BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE BOUNDED BY 30N 176W...30N 166W...27N 166W...19N 178W...24N 
177E...27N 176W...30N 176W.

$$

CP

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.