Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 21:45:34 -0600

019 
FZPN01 KWBC 130345
HSFEP1
HSFEP1 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 13 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING LOW 45N 171E 980 MB MOVING N 25 KT...WILL 
TURN SW AFTER 24 HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER TO 35N 
160E. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 15 TO 
24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN AN AREA E OF FRONT AND W OF A LINE FROM 
45N 173W TO 37N 176W TO 30N 173E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 
17 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 171E 952 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 55N 
172E TO 53N 179W TO 47N 172W. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF FRONT...WINDS 
50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 170E 950 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 56N 178W TO 47N 168W TO 30N 165E. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF 
FRONT N OF 53N...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 18 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM NE...780 NM REMAINING E...AND 180 NM S 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 33N...WINDS 40 TO 
50 KT SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. ALSO N OF 47N BETWEEN 159W AND 
164E...AND WITHIN AN AREA E OF FRONT AND W OF A LINE FROM 47N 
159W TO 39N 165W TO 30N 179W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 167E 965 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANTS OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 
TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1020 NM SE AND S...AND 180 NM W AND 
NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 31 FT.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N 172E 985 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM SW AND 600 NM REMAINING W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 11 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 175W 960 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 51N 
163W TO 39N 170W TO 30N 175E. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT FROM 42N 
TO 47N AND WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT N OF 47N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT 
SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1140 NM E...480 NM S...180 NM 
W...AND 240 NM N QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN AN AREA E OF FRONT AND W 
OF A LINE FROM 51N 144W TO 30N 174W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 
TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.WEAKENING FRONT EXTENDS FROM 57N 175E TO 53N 179W TO 47N 178W. 
WITHIN 120 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 53N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 
TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
54N 170E DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 149W 995 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 46N 146W TO 43N 144W TO 38N 145W TO 30N 154W. FROM 40N 
TO 47N BETWEEN 138W AND 155W...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT S OF 
40N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 135W 983 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 53N 
130W TO 49N 131W TO 46N 133W. WITHIN 60 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
47N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 
NM SW QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATED INLAND. WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE 
FROM 58N 137W TO 46N 124W...W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N 143W 1008 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
44N 135W TO LOW CENTER TO 30N 147W. WITHIN 300 NM E OF 
FRONT...AND WITHIN 990 NM SW...420 NM NW...AND 480 NM REMAINING 
N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N 141W 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT FROM LOW CENTER TO 33N 139W TO 30N 138W...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 137W 981 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
50N BETWEEN 151W AND 163W...NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N 161W 1000 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 22 TO 33 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 41N 155W TO 38N 
162W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE IN 
ASSOCIATION WITH LOW 37N 143W.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 55N 165W TO 53N 158W TO 55N 151W MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 156W TO 56N 151W MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 120W AND 123W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT SEAS 14 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 40N TO 45N BETWEEN 176E AND 171E DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 132W AND 134W AND 42N 
TO 48N BETWEEN 167W AND 174W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING 
VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 48N TO 55N BETWEEN 151W AND 162W AND 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 48N 164W TO 41N 171W DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 33N 131W 1027 MB MOVING NE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 126W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 58N 171W 1023 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 47N 167W 1023 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 156W 1032 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 143W 1039 MB.

.HIGH 31N 178W 1025 MB MOVING E 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN JAN 13
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON JAN 14
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE JAN 15

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 20N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N138W 27N140W. N OF 20N BETWEEN 
120W AND 130W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 11 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 28N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS 8 FT.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 11N86W 11N87W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...E WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 11N86W 11N89W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...E WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 91W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 FT. 

.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 
14N95W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 
12N100W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 8N TO 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
105W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0330 UTC SUN JAN 13...
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF 11.5N115W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...2N78W 2N82W 6N97W 7N120W 
6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 120 NM N 
OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 111W AND 114W.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.