Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 03:15:26 -0600

025 
WWPS21 NFFN 090900    
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 09/0915 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07F [1000HPA] ANALYSED NEAR 19.7S 175.6W AT
090600UTC AND REMAINS SLOW MOVING. POSITION FAIR BASED ON MTSAT IR
IMAGERY WITH ANIMATION AND PERIPHERAL SURFACE OSERVATION. SST AROUND
28-29 DEGREE CELCIUS. CONVECTION REMAINS ACTIVE IN THE SOUTHERN
QUADRANT BUT HAS NOT INCREASED MUCH IN THE LAST 6-12 HOURS. THE
SYSTEM REMAINS SHEARED WITH AN EXPOSED LLCC. 07F LIES IN A MODERATELY
SHEARED ENVIRONMENT WITH THE SHEAR EXPECTED TO WEAKEN OVERNIGHT. MOST
GLOBAL MODELS [UKGC,EC,GFS] PREDICT SLIGHT INTENSIFICATION AND AGREE
ON A SOUTHEASTERLY TRACK.

POTENTIAL FOR THE SYSTEM TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS MODERATE TO HIGH.     

NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN
THE AREA.           

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.