Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 03:49:03 -0600

317 
FZPN01 KWBC 140948
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FEB 14 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 171E 979 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N 
160E TO LOW CENTER TO 34N 179E. WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 54N 169E TO 40N 178W TO 30N 
175W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 173E 974 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 177E 962 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 48N 173W TO 42N 168W. WITHIN 180 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 
50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 36 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND 300 NM N QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 
NM SE AND NW AND 1020 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM N AND 
E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 177W 965 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 
420 NM AND 780 NM N QUADRANT...WITHIN 480 NM E...840 NM NW AND 
1020 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N 168W 992 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 35N 169W TO 30N 176W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
35N...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM E OF FRONT AND WITHIN 120 NM W OF FRONT N OF 35N...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 162W 976 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW CENTER 
TO NEW LOW CENTER 46N 155W 983 MB TO 39N 156W TO 30N 164W. 
WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 36N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 157W 968 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 55N 
136W TO 44N 144W TO 38N 149W. WITHIN 480 NM SW AND S 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 22 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM W AND NW...900 NM E AND 1020 NM S QUADRANTS...AND 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 14 TO 32 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 63N 151W 979 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 53N 132W TO 48N 136W TO 43N 141W. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM W AND 840 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N OF AREA WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 121W AND 129W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 30N BETWEEN 120W AND A 
LINE FROM 43N 125W TO 38N 132W TO 30N 135W...AREA OF N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 54N 161W TO 54N 169W TO 59N 179E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 151W TO 56N 169W TO 59N 
180 MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 170W TO 56N 174E MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 42N TO 57N BETWEEN 134W AND 145W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 38N BETWEEN 166W AND 170W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 48N BETWEEN 147W AND 157W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 42N 132W 1031 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 129W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 32N 162W 1023 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 147W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 133W 1031 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 40N 133W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU FEB 14
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI FEB 15
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT FEB 16

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.

.NW OF LINE 30N120W 20N140W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT WITH 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N118W 20N127W 5N127W 5N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 15N TO 23N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. N OF 27N BETWEEN 118W AND 132W NE WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN NLY SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 8N W OF 108W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 15N TO 23N W OF 130W E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT. FROM 9N TO 20N BETWEEN 110W AND 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.03 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS BUILDING TO 8 
FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N SW TO W WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST ENTIRE GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC THU FEB 14...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N78W 7N103W 5N113W 8N125W 
6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION NEAR 5N78W 2N80W 2N82W 
2N84W 5N101W AND 9N104W. ISOLATED STRONG NEAR 7N78W AND 7N82W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE NEAR 6N115W. ISOLATED STRONG NEAR 9N138W.

$$
FORECASTER RRG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.