Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 07:47:22 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 091400
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN
/AND SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/REISSUED/091400Z-100600ZJAN2008//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/091321ZJAN2008//
AMPM/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA)
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19.4N
175.6W, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 20.1S 175.6W, APPROXIMATELY 360 NM
EAST-SOUTHEAST OF SUVA, FIJI. A 090940Z 89 GHZ AMSU-B MICROWAVE
IMAGE SHOWS CONVECTIVE BANDING WRAPPING INTO A WELL-ORGANIZED
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 090528Z QUIKSCAT PASS
INDICATES 25 TO 30 KNOT WINDS AT THE STORM CENTER. THE UPPER
LEVEL ENVIRONMENT HAS BECOME MORE FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT AS
THE SYSTEM HAS MOVED AWAY FROM THE INFLUENCE OF AN UPPER LEVEL
LOW THAT HAD BEEN INHIBITING CONVECTION OVER THE LLCC. MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB. SEE
REF A (WTPS21 PGTW 091330) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. DUE TO THE
IMPROVED UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT
24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREA IN PARA 2.B (1) TO
GOOD.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.