Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 22:51:11 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 260600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/260600Z-270600ZJAN2008//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 12.2S 179.3E,
APPROXIMATELY 335 NM NORTH-NORTHEAST OF NADI, FIJI. RECENT ANIMATED
MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS BROAD LOW TO MID LEVEL CYCLONIC TURNING
ASSOCIATED WITH A WIDESPREAD AREA OF CONVECTION. THE BULK OF
CONVECTION IN THE NORTHERN SEMICIRCLE APPEARS TO BE CONFLUENT FLOW
ASSOCIATED WITH CROSS EQUATORIAL WESTERLIES. THE 850 MB VORTICITY
SIGNATURE HAS REMAINED FAIRLY CONSTANT OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS. THE
UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT IS FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT WITH GOOD
DIFFLUENCE ALOFT AND LOW TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR VALUES DUE
TO A DEVELOPING UPPER LEVEL ANTICYCLONE OVER THE DISTURBANCE. THE
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. BASED ON
THE UNORGANIZED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ALPHA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.