Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:28:33 -0600

805 
ATHW40 PHFO 141228
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC THU FEB 14 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 14 2008

A FRONT EXTENDED DOWN THROUGH NEAR 30N 153W TO 27N 160W TO 27N 164W 
TO NEAR 28N 174W.  THE ASSOCIATED...BROKEN TO OVERCAST... 
MULTI-LAYERED CLOUD BAND REMAINED RAGGED AND SOMEWHAT DIFFUSE IN 
APPEARANCE.  HIGH CIRRUS CLOUDS WERE SPILLING OUT AHEAD OF THE MAIN 
FRONTAL BAND.  THE CIRRUS HAD SPREAD DOWN ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN 
ALL THE WAY TO THE BIG ISLAND OVERNIGHT.  THE FRONT CURRENTLY NORTH 
OF THE AREA IS EXPECTED TO LIFT NORTHEASTWARD AND NOT IMPACT THE 
STATE.  

YET ANOTHER FRONTAL SYSTEM WAS SEEN BEYOND THE DISTANT NORTHWEST 
HORIZON.  THIS NEXT FRONT WAS ALSO NOT VERY WELL-DEFINED ON 
SATELLITE IMAGERY.  IT APPEARED TO BE STRETCHING FROM NORTHEAST TO 
SOUTHWEST THROUGH 30N 170E AT 2 AM.  A PRE-FRONTAL BAND OF 
MULTI-LAYERED CLOUDS WAS PRECEDING THE MAIN FRONT AND EXTENDED 
THROUGH 30N 180. 

RELATIVELY SPARSE PATCHES OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WERE 
MIGRATING THROUGH THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING.  THE LOW 
CLOUDS JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND WERE MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST NEAR 
20 MILES AN HOUR.  THE FEW LOW CLOUDS SEEN JUST EAST OF KAUAI WERE 
MOVING WEST AT JUST A MILE AN HOUR OR TWO SLOWER.  MOST OF THE LOW 
CLOUDINESS SEEN AROUND THE ISLANDS WERE JUST DOWNWIND WITHIN BROAD 
PLUMES EXTENDING SOUTHWEST FROM THE ISLANDS. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED AN UPPER LOW NEAR 24N 141.5W OR ABOUT 900 
MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF HILO.  THE LOW WAS MOVING SOUTHWEST BETWEEN 
10 AND 15 10 MILES AN HOUR.   

$$ 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.