Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:00:39 -0600

982 
FZPN01 KWBC 300400
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 30 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 52N 162W 978 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 
NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 780 NM SE...600 NM SW...360 NM NE...AND 240 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 143W 982 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 24 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM N AND E...660 NM W...AND 900 NM S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 128W 994 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 40N 160E 980 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 37N 163E TO 33N 165E. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT AND 240 
NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM NE AND 600 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 169E 966 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 172E 967 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 
NM S QUADRANT AND 240 NM N AND E OF A LINE FROM 47N 169E TO 47N 
178E TO 42N 179W...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM OF CENTER...EXCEPT 900 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 180 973 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 52N 
167W TO 46N 162W TO 39N 160W. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE AND 300 NM 
N QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM OF CENTER AND 300 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 12 TO 26 FT.  

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 51N 130W 995 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 22 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM S AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
52N 143W.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 52N 178W 1003 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 162E 995 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 173E 990 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW NW OF AREA 62N 178W 991 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S 
 QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 65N 167W 1003 MB. OVER ICE FREE WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N AND E OF 122W AREA OF NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 37N TO 49N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 170W AND 179W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM S OF A LINE FROM 44N 158W TO 40N 
164W TO 40N 175W TO 39N 176E DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING 
VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 33N 156W 1033 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 37N 139W 1033 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 131W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 128W 1029 MB. 

.HIGH 39N 174W 1030 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 159W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 146W 1030 MB.

.HIGH 33N 143W 1032 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED JAN 30
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU JAN 31
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI FEB 01

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 8N TO 26N W OF 130W AND ALSO FROM 12N TO 20N BETWEEN 120W
AND 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. N OF 27N E OF
120W NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W 
110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 26N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 
30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 23N
BETWEEN 115W AND 135W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. N OF
26N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW
SWELL. N OF 26N E OF 120W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW TO N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH JUST W OF AREA. FROM 14N TO 24N W OF 
135W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT PRIMARILY IN NE 
SWELL. FROM 13N TO 24N BETWEEN 120W AND 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 4N W OF 112W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW TO N SWELL...HIGHEST N.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
TO 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0330 UTC WED JAN 30...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 4N78W 5N90W 6N100W 5N112W 
8N129W 7N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION IS NOTED.

$$
FORECASTER AGUIRRE
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.