Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 04:03:53 -0600

628 
FZPN01 KWBC 071003
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FEB 07 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 33N 154E 996 MB MOVING NE 40 KT AND RAPIDLY 
INTENSIFYING. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 41N AND W OF 163E...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 165E 955 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 44N 172E TO 37N 173E TO 32N 168E. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 
SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 55 TO 75 KT SEAS 18 TO 35 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
300 NM W AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS AND 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
36N... WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 
51N AND W OF 179W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 174E 956 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 40 
TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 45 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM NE...600 NM 
NW AND SW...AND 1080 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 
TO 26 FT.  

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 38N 173W 992 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NW AND 300 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 31N TO 43N BETWEEN 156W AND 178E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 159W 981 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND 420 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM NE...720 NM SW...AND 840 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 153W 973 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 53N 
156W TO 51N 139W TO 44N 141W TO 37N 147W. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 
NM S QUADRANT AND WITHIN 300 NM N OF FRONT N OF 51N...WINDS 40 
TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
AND 420 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 177W 989 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM OF CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 170W 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND NE OF A LINE FROM 54N 166W TO 59N 178E...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 25 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 52N 153W. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 56N 135W 982 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 900 NM S AND SW AND 
480 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND. FROM 45N TO 54N AND E 
OF 135W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH LOW 52N 153W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 52N 161W 996 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 180 NM 
N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 18 TO 34 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 171E 1003 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 161W TO 57N 171W TO 60N 180 AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 161W TO 57N 170W TO 60N 
180 LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW NW OF AREA 55N 162E 998 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM 
AND 420 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 45N 165E IN WARNINGS SECTION. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 37N BETWEEN 121W AND 126W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 

.FROM 39N TO 46N BETWEEN 126W AND 132W AND ALSO FROM 35N TO 41N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 168W AREA OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING 
VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 135W AND 155W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 51N BETWEEN 125W AND 137W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 35N 137W 1035 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 130W 1029 MB. 

.HIGH 34N 172E 1022 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 173W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 159W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 40N 172E 1021 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGE WITH HIGH 35N 173W. 

.HIGH 64N 171W 1020 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU FEB 07
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI FEB 08
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT FEB 09

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.RIDGE AXIS 30N130W 17N115W 13N100W. SW OF RIDGE TO 8N W OF 113W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. NE OF RIDGE TO 115W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W N TO NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST RIDGE AXIS 30N130W 16N104W. SW OF RIDGE TO 8N 
W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN N SWELL. NE OF 
RIDGE TO 110W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY 
IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST RIDGE AXIS 30N130W 15N103W. FROM 10N TO 20N W 
OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE SW 
RIDGE TO EQUATOR WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN 
NW SWELL. NE OF RIDGE TO 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 
FT IN N SWELL. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 28N...NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 87W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.09 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC THU FEB 07...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 5N107W 8N140W.  NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER RRG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.