Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 20:53:24 -0600

464 
ATPQ40 PGUM 050253
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST SAT JAN 5 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT ENTERS THE DISCUSSION AREA AT 25N162E AND CONTINUES 
SOUTHWESTWARD AS A SHEARLINE FROM 23N157E TO 18N150E THROUGH THE 
NORTHERN MARIANAS TO 13N135E. WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY LIGHT 
RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY. 

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES NORTHWESTWARD FROM EQ147E TO 
SOUTH OF PALAU NEAR 5N135E TO 5N130E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
OCCURRING ALONG THE TROUGH NEAR PALAU BETWEEN 4N AND 8N FROM 130E TO 
135E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH 
EASTERN END OF THE TROUGH CAN BE FOUND BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 3N 
FROM 143E TO 149E.

A SURFACE TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 2N155E 
TO 14N167E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED 
WITH THIS TROUGH CAN BE FOUND BETWEEN 2N AND 8N FROM 150E TO 160E 
AND BETWEEN 7N AND 10N FROM 160E TO 168E. THIS AREA COVERS PORTIONS 
OF CHUUK AND POHNPEI STATES.  

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING AN AREA OF LOW CLOUDS EAST OF AN 
AREA FROM 6N180 TO 19N172E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.