Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:42:47 -0600

936 
TXPS40 PHFO 181746
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1745 UTC FRI JAN 18 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA NEAR 19.8S 174.2E AT 18/1630 UTC BASED ON 
MTSAT 4 KM IR RESOLUTION IMAGERY AND ANIMATION. POSITION ACCURATE 
WITHIN 30 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND SPEED 90 KT. 
MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARDS 140 DEGREES AT 10 KT OVER THE PAST 6 
HOURS.

T5.0/5.0/D1.0/24 HOURS

REMARKS...RAGGED EYE EVIDENT. A SURROUNDING MEDIUM GREY WITH AN EYE 
ADJUSTMENT OF 0.5 YIELDS A DT OF 5.0. MET AGREES AND PAT YIELDS 4.5. 
FINAL T BASED ON DT. ADT FROM CIMMS CALCULATES A 3.5.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.