Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:34:00 -0600

669 
ATHW40 PHFO 261833
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT JAN 26 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 26 2008

BROKEN CIRRUS IS MOVING OVER THE ISLANDS FROM THE WEST WHILE SHOWERY 
BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS MOVES OVER THE ISLANDS FROM THE NORTHEAST. 
PEERING THROUGH THE CIRRUS...THE WINDWARD AREAS APPEAR TO HAVE THE 
MOST CLOUD COVER WITH BROKEN TO OVERCAST SKIES. LEEWARD LOCATIONS 
OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS HAVE SCATTERED SC WITH PATCHES OF BROKEN 
SKIES. LEEWARD BIG ISLAND IS MOSTLY CLEAR AT THE LOW LEVELS. 
UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS CLOUDS BECOME MORE STABLE WITH CLOSED CELL 
CUMULUS EVIDENT IN THE VISIBLE IMAGERY AS FAR 175 MILES TO THE 
NORTHEAST. FARTHER NORTHEAST OUT AS FAR AS 600 MILES FROM OAHU AN 
AREA OF STABLE STRATUS IS MOVING ALONG WITH THE TRADE WINDS. THE 
STABLE CLOUDS COVER THE AREA FROM 20N TO 30N AND 140W TO 160W AND 
ARE MOVING SOUTHWEST NEAR 25 KT.

THE CIRRUS MOVING OVER THE ISLANDS ORIGINATES FROM AN UPPER LEVEL 
LOW CENTERED 700 MILES WEST OF KAUAI. THE LOW IS STATIONARY WITH A 
CLOUD BAND WRAPPING AROUND THE EASTERN QUADRANT OF THE LOW WITH 
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS 
REACHING 40 THOUSAND FEET. WEST OF THE UPPER LOW...LOW SCATTERED SC 
ARE MOVING SOUTHWEST AT 15 KT.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.