Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:31:45 -0600

045 
FQPS01 NFFN 281800
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE Jan 282000 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNING STORM WARNING 076 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 28/1911
UTC 2008 UTC.
TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [985HPA] CATEGORY 2 WAS LOCATED NEAR 17
DECIMAL 6 SOUTH 176 DECIMAL 5 EAST AT 281800 UTC. POSITION FAIR. 
REPEAT POSITION 17.6 SOUTH 176.5 EAST AT 281800 UTC.CYCLONE HAS
BECOME SLOW MOVING BUT EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY MOVE WEST-NORTHWEST IN
THE NEXT 12 TO 18 HOURS.CYCLONE INTENSIFYING SLOWLY.EXPECT SUSTAINED
WINDS OF 50 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE INCREASING TO 60 KNOTS IN THE
NEXT 12 TO 18 HOURS.EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 25 MILES OF
CENTRE.EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 90 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMICIRCLE AND 70 MILES OF CENTRE ELSEWHERE. 
FORECAST POSITION NEAR 18.2S 174.8E AT 290600 UTC              
              AND NEAR 17.9S 172.4E AT 291800 UTC.
ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC
AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ. 
THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 075.

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 291800 UTC.

 TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [985HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 17.6S 176.5E
AT 281800 UTC. POSITION FAIR.CYCLONE HAS BECOME SLOW MOVING BUT
EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY MOVE WEST-NORTHWEST IN THE NEXT 12 TO 18 HOURS.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1: 08S 160E 07S 170E 13S 180E TO TC GENE SLOW
MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 200
MILES OF CZ1 AND TC. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS AND UPTO 30 KNOTS AT TIMES, WITH POSSIBLE GUSTS UPTO TO 45
KNOTS IN THUNDERSTORM SQUALLS WITHIN 150 MILES OF CZ1. ROUGH TO VERY
ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS. 

TROUGH T1:FROM TC GENE TO 21S 180 25S 172W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF T1.

TROUGH T2:FROM TC GENE 18S 178W 14S 171W 11S 160W 13S 145W 20S 132W
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 150 MILES OF T2 IN AREA BETWEEN 160W AND 150W AND IN
OCCASSIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES
ELSEWHERE.

OUTSIDE GALE WARNING AREA EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS
WITHIN 120 MILES OF TC CENTRE. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE TO
HEAVY SWELLS. DAMAGING HEAVY SWELLS ASSOCIATED WITH TC GENE.

SOUTH OF 10S AND EAST OF 170E EXPECT EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS. ROUGH SEAS. 
OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 15S EAST OF 150W, MODERATE SOUTHERLY SWELL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.