Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:30:16 -0600

386 
ATHW40 PHFO 071830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON JAN 07 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 07 2008

A COUPLE OF FRONTAL CLOUD BANDS WERE LYING BETWEEN HAWAII AND THE 
INTERNATIONAL DATELINE THIS MORNING.  THE FIRST AND CLOSER CLOUD 
BAND...ROUGHLY ABOUT 75 MILES WIDE...EXTENDED ALONG A LINE THROUGH 
30N 166W TO 21N 177W WHERE IT BECAME MUCH NARROWER.  ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS WERE EMBEDDED WITHIN THIS FRONTAL BAND NORTH OF 22N 
LATITUDE.  THE CLOUD BAND WAS MOVING EAST AT JUST UNDER 25 MILES AN 
HOUR.   

A SECOND FRONTAL BAND WAS IMMEDIATELY NORTHWEST AND ON THE HEELS OF 
THE FIRST BAND.  THE SECOND CLOUD BAND WAS ABOUT 175 MILES WIDE.  
THE LEADING EDGE EXTENDED THROUGH 30N 173W...STRETCHING SOUTHWEST 
THROUGH 24N 180.  THIS SECOND CLOUD BAND WAS VOID OF THUNDERSTORMS 
SOUTH OF 30N LATITUDE.

WITH THE APPROACHING FRONTS TO THE WEST AND HIGH PRESSURE SITTING 
FAR TO THE EAST...THE WIND FLOW HAD BECOME SOUTHERLY ACROSS MUCH OF 
THE STATE.  LOW CLOUDS JUST EAST OF THE STATE WERE FLOWING 
NORTHWESTWARD.  LOW CLOUDS EAST OF THE FRONTS WERE FLOWING 
NORTHEASTWARD.  FROM OAHU EASTWARD...TO AROUND 175W...THE LOW 
CLOUDS WERE MOVING NEARLY DUE NORTH.  BUT IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF THE 
BIG ISLAND...LOW CLOUDS WERE STILL FLOWING WESTWARD.  

NUMEROUS PATCHES OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN...WEST-MOVING LOW CLOUDS 
PASSING JUST SOUTH OF THE STATE.  SOME OF THEM WERE BRUSHING THE 
SOUTH HALF OF THE BIG ISLAND.  A 75-95 MILES WIDE BAND OF MOSTLY 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WAS LYING ABOUT 150 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE STATE.  
THE BAND CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 21N 145W TO 22N 152W TO 25N 
157W AND WAS DRIFTING SLOWLY NORTHWARD.  

AT 8 AM...SKIES WERE SUNNY OR MOSTLY SUNNY OVER THE 50TH STATE. 
HOWEVER...THERE WERE A FEW SMALL AREAS OF LOW CLOUDS JUST OFF THE 
SOUTHEAST TIP OF OAHU...AND ALONG THE SOUTH COAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.