Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:56:45 -0600

281 
FZPN01 KWBC 102156
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 10 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 174E 982 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 
NM W AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM N...420 NM E AND 600 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 175W 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 300 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 26 TO 42 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
300 NM NE...360 NM W AND 420 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT 
SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM 
NW...480 NM NE...600 NM SW AND 720 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN LOW 38N 163W 993 MB. 
FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 41N 162W TO 43N 153W TO 39N 150W TO 30N 
156W. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 24 TO 
36 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W...480 NM SE AND 600 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 38N 160W 993 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 120 NM W...180 NM E 
AND 300 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 154W AND 168W...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 145W 977 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ALSO WITHIN 180 
NM NW...240 NM SW AND 300 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 
KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM N...360 NM W...480 
NM E AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 134W 978 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND 360 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM W AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 52N 161E 980 MB MOVING NW 10 KT...WILL TURN W 
AND ACCELERATE AFTER 12 HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 52N 164E TO 
49N 170E TO 43N 171E. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 180 
NM NE OF FRONT N OF 48N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E 
OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL W OF AREA WITH NEW LOW 56N 168E 
993 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 55N 172E TO 50N 178E TO 47N 179E. 
WITHIN 180 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 51N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 
TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 780 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 58N 177E TO 52N 179W TO 45N 179E. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 163E 982 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
180 NM W...360 NM E AND SE AND 540 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 135W 980 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. BETWEEN 360 NM AND 840 NM 
S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 FT WITH HIGHEST 
SEAS NEAR 43N 145W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM N...420 NM SW AND 
900 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND. FROM 37N TO 52N AND E OF 
132W...WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 55N 134W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N 162E 1012 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM SE AND 300 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 178E 1000 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 420 NM AND 720 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 164W TO 59N 174W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 55N 152W TO 55N 159W TO 58N 
172W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 54N 151W TO 54N 158W TO 57N 
166W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N 180 TO 56N 173E. WITHIN 180 NM N OF 
FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 56N 168 IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.LOW 61N 148W 988 MB STATIONARY. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 660 NM W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 148W 995 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 540 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 145W 994 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N 173E 989 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 
240 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 11 TO 17 FT.

.FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 47N BETWEEN 135W AND 140W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.HIGH 47N 173W 1020 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 30N 134W 1028 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N 130W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 130W 1028 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 166E 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 179W 1027 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 59N 168W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU JAN 10
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI JAN 11
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT JAN 12

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 5N TO 18N W OF 122W  NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 12 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 123W  NE WIND 20 KT  
SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 8N W OF 115W  WIND LESS 
THAN 20 KT  SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  S OF 8N W OF 127W  WIND 
LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 27N W OF 125W  NE TO E WIND 20 KT 
SEAS TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 
20 KT  SEAS 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC THU JAN 10...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...2N78W 5N86W 4N95W 6N110W 6N135W 
4N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS FROM 115W TO 
118W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.