Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 16:18:01 -0600

623 
FZPN01 KWBC 022217
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FEB 02 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 37N 152E 980 MB. FROM 30N TO 38N 
AND W OF 164E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS TO 11 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 38N 156E 973 MB. FROM 30N TO 41N 
AND W OF 167E...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 43N AND W OF 169E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 165E 960 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 180 NM 
W QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 55 
TO 70 KT SEAS 22 TO 38 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 169E 958 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 180 NM 
W QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 55 
TO 70 KT SEAS 24 TO 42 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 600 NM SE 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 49N AND W OF 174W... 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 44N 177W 995 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 44N 163W. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW AND 780 NM SE 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM N OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 170W 987 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 51N 
157W TO 40N 166W TO 34N 173W. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 300 NM N 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM SW...480 NM SE...N AND NW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 420 NM E 
OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 163W 990 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W AND 240 
NM N AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SE...420 NM SW AND 540 NM S 
QUADRANTS...AND FROM 55N TO 61N AND W OF 159W...WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 141W 995 MB MOVING SE 40 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 480 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM SW AND 840 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH NEW LOW 42N 115W 
BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 165E 980 MB NEARLY STATIONARY...WILL DRIFT NE AFTER 12 
HOURS. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 600 NM E AND SE AND 720 NM S 
AND N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 166E 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND 540 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS NW OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 148W 996 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 360 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 140W 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W OF A LINE 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 55N 134W TO 49N 132W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
8 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW INLAND 42N 115W 997 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 720 NM SW AND 1080 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND. FROM 30N TO 39N AND E 
OF 126W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 49N 180 1001 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 55N 163W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 145W 996 MB WITH FRONT FROM 54N 
140W TO 48N 148W TO 40N 154W. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 540 NM E 
QUADRANTS...WITHIN 360 NM SE OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 240 NM NW OF 
FRONT S OF 49N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 57N 160W TO 57N 170W TO 60N 179W MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 46N 125W 999 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 660 NM S QUADRANT... 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 42N 115W 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.FROM 30N TO 34N AND E OF 122W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 
TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 42N 115W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.FROM 37N TO 45N BETWEEN 155W AND 177W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 145W AND 163W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 52N BETWEEN 134W AND 147W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 35N 152W 1036 MB NEARLY STATIONARY...WILL MOVE NE 10 KT 
AFTER 12 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 148W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 138W 1036 MB. 

.HIGH 36N 170E 1020 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 178W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 161W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT FEB 2
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN FEB 3
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON FEB 4

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC... 
N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 5N TO 26N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 
FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 27N BETWEEN 117W AND 122W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT 10 
TO 15 FT N OF 26N W OF 120W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 5N TO 26N W OF 124W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 28N BETWEEN 
118W AND 128W W TO NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 5N W OF 108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 24N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 27N W OF 
BAJA TO 123W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 106W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL EXCEPT 9 TO 14 FT N OF 27N W OF 123W.

.30 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N W WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC SAT FEB 2...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 2N78W 4N108W 2N130W 
2N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.