Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:03:22 -0600

178 
FZPN01 KWBC 111003
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FEB 11 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING LOW 35N 166E 986 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
BETWEEN 240 NM NE AND 360 NM SE...AND WITHIN 240 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A 
LINE FROM 46N 164E TO 35N 176E TO 30N 176E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 29 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 178W 947 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 60 TO 75 KT SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM NE...600 NM SE...480 NM SW...AND 240 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...
WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM NE...840 
NM SE...AND 720 NM SW AND NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 166W 953 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 48 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS...BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 
NM NW SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 54N 158W TO 51N 153W TO 41N 154W...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 
18 TO 40 FT...WITH HIGHEST SEAS S AND SW OF LOW. ALSO WITHIN 720 
NM NE...960 NM SE...840 NM SW...AND 600 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 30 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 152W 977 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM E AND 360 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 148W 984 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 40N 154W 1000 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND 720 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 139W 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 120 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM NE...600 NM SE AND SW...AND 120 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. ASSOCIATED FORECAST CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING...
.42 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 44N W OF 163E AREA OF SE WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 164E AREA OF S TO SE 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 
50N 161E TO 41N 167E TO 30N 170E...E TO SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 165W 978 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 120 
NM NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 154W 987 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SE AND 420 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
120 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 53N 135W TO 49N 126W...NW WINDS TO 25 
KT SEAS 14 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 178E 977 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. WITHIN 1020 NM SE AND 660 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 300 NM AND 720 NM N SEMICIRCLE...
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 180 986 MB. WITHIN 420 NM N AND 540 NM 
NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED. NEW LOW 49N 171E 1005 MB. WITHIN 
120 NM SW AND 300 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 59N 179E TO 57N 172W TO 57N 166W MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 60N 179W TO 56N 167W TO 56N 
164W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 56N 171W TO 56N 
164W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 122W AND 129W AREA OF 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 

.WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 52N 137W TO 42N 150W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 56N BETWEEN 128W AND 138W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 40N BETWEEN 168W AND 173W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 150W AND 158W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 41N 130W 1030 MB MOVING SW 15 KT...TURNING N AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 134W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 138W 1032 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 174E 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON FEB 11
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE FEB 12
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED FEB 13

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 11N97W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 11N87W TO 6N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 17N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITH 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 17N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 
8 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 9N AND 17N FROM 110W TO 120W NE WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 19N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 25N W OF 128W NE 
WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 
18N BETWEEN 115W AND 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 28N FROM 125W TO 130W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITH N SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 20N BETWEEN 115W AND 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT 
WITH NW SWELL.

.WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 9N79W TO 5N81W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMAS N WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC MON FEB 11...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE ALONG 5N77W 4N90W 7N118W 7N125W 
9N135W 9N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION NEAR 4N82W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ALONG A LINE FROM 6N86W TO 3N96W TO 5N103W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE NEAR 9N122W. ISOLATED STRONG NEAR 13N137W AND 
10N140W. 

$$
FORECASTER RRG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.