Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 04:45:09 -0600

502 
FZPN40 PHFO 081045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI FEB 08 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 08 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 09 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 10 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS. NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THROUGH 30N169E 25N160E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 25 TO 30 
KT WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT AND W OF FRONT N OF 27N. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT 30N170E 23N160E MOVING E 30 KT.
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT AND WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT N OF 27N W OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FRONT 30N173W 24N180 22N170E. WIND 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.COLD FRONT 30N159W 27N167W THENCE STATIONARY FRONT THRU 26N180 
26N177E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 20 KT AND WEAKENING. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT 30N152W 27N160W.

.TROUGH 14N149W 09N149W MOVING W 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 240 NM OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 15N153W 10N153W. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 240 NM OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 15N156W 10N155W. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 240 NM OF TROUGH..

.RIDGE 30N178W 23N170E 21N160E MOVING E 15 KT.

E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 08N TO 14N BETWEEN 175W AND 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS EXCEPT NEAR TROUGH 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 150W AND 180. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS 
BETWEEN 25N AND 20N W OF 170E. OTHERWISE SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NORTH OF LINE 30N150W 25N160W 
25N170W 30N170W AND N OF 29N W OF 165E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS W OF 170E 
BETWEEN 12N AND 26N. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 16 TO 19 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 178W AND 170E. 
SEAS 12 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N172W 27N180 25N170E 
30N161E. OTHERWISE SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.  

.ITCZ...07N140W 10N148W 11N150W 07N160W 06N170W 05N180 05N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 140W AND 
165W... AND W OF 175W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.