Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:45:42 -0600

560 
FZPN01 KWBC 012145
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FEB 01 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 169E 970 MB MOVING W 10 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM N 
QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT 
SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM S AND E SEMICIRCLES 
OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 165E 977 MB. W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 
38N 167E TO 56N 173W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 55N 165E 984 MB. N OF 43N W OF 
173E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 169W 987 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE...WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 
TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 38N TO 51N BETWEEN 151W AND 
176W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 
NM S AND SE OF A LINE FROM 41N 170W TO 36N 180...WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 141W 992 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND NEAR 45N 123W. FROM 30N 
TO 50N E OF 136W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 54N 157W 996 MB MOVING NE 15 KT...WITH A FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 50N 143W TO 40N 140W. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER...AND WITHIN 240 NM W AND 120 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 147W 995 MB. FROM 52N TO 57N BETWEEN 
149W AND 157W...WITHIN 120 NM N QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 120 NM NE 
OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 50N 135W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 137W 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 50N 139W TO 59N 148W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N 169E 1001 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. FROM 30N TO 35N W OF 
180...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 177W 997 MB...WITH A FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 38N 176W TO 30N 178E. WITHIN 540 NM E OF THE 
FRONT...AND FROM 36N TO 49N BETWEEN 162W AND 178E...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 169W 989 MB...WITH A FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 52N 158W TO 45N 161W TO 33N 172W. WITHIN 420 NM OF LOW 
CENTER...420 NM E OF THE FRONT...AND N OF A LINE FROM 57N 174E 
TO 55N 179E TO 54N 171W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 48N 179W 1004 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 165E AND 160E...S TO 
SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 60N W OF 173W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 160W TO 58N 168W TO 61N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 161W TO 57N 168W TO 60N 
178W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W...NW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W...NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 45N 123W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

.LOW 59N 140W 1000 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N 147W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.FROM 37N TO 50N E OF 134W...WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY NEW LOW 47N 126W 
DESCRIBED BELOW.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N 126W 1000 MB. FROM 35N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 132W AND 124W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
LOW 45N 123W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 168W 1006 MB. FROM 50N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 165W AND 174W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 53N 169W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.FROM 39N TO 49N BETWEEN 153W AND 170W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 147W AND 162W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 34N 148W 1036 MB MOVING W 05 KT...WILL TURN E AFTER 24 
HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 151W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 148W 1035 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 37N 178W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI FEB 1
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT FEB 2
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN FEB 3

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS INCREASING 30 TO 40 KT SEAS BUILDING 
8 TO 11 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W 
12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N98W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N97W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 13N TO 18N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 
16 FT IN E SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 6N TO 28N W OF 120W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA 
N OF 3N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 4N TO 26N W OF 124W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 28N BETWEEN 
115W AND 122W NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL...EXCEPT 10 TO 15 FT N OF 25N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 5N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC FRI FEB 1...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 6N77W 4N90W 6N100W 4N115W 
8N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.