Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:44:33 -0600

546 
TXPS40 PHFO 182344
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2345 UTC FRI JAN 18 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA NEAR 20.7S 174.8E AT 18/2230 UTC BASED ON 
MTSAT 4 KM IR AND 2 KM VIS RESOLUTION IMAGERY AND ANIMATION. 
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 30 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND 
SPEED 115 KT. MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARDS 150 DEGREES AT 10 KT OVER 
THE PAST 6 HOURS.

T6.0/6.0/D1.0/24 HOURS

REMARKS...RAGGED EYE EVIDENT. A SURROUNDING BLACK WITH AN EYE 
ADJUSTMENT OF 0.5 YIELDS A DT OF 6.0. MET YIELDS 5.5 AND PAT YIELDS 
6.0. FINAL T BASED ON DT. ADT FROM CIMMS CALCULATES A 3.6.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.