Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 06:33:01 -0600

895 
ATHW40 PHFO 121232
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SAT JAN 12 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 12 2008

CLOUD COVERAGE OVER THE ISLANDS VARIED FROM ISLAND TO ISLAND. MOST 
OF KAUAI ONLY HAD SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER IT MAINLY OVER NORTHERN 
INTERIOR SECTIONS.. OAHU WAS MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A LARGE PATCH OF 
CLOUDS LINGERING OVER IT AND PORTIONS OF THE SURROUNDING WATERS. A 
PATCH OF LOW CLOUDS IS SEEN OVER THE EASTERN END OF MOLOKAI WHILE 
LANAI APPEARED TO BE NEARLY CLOUD FREE. A LARGE PATCH OF LOW CLOUDS 
IS BANKED UP OVER THE NORTHERN...EASTERN AND SOUTHERN SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA WHILE A FEW PATCHES CAN ALSO BE SEEN OVER THE WEST MAUI 
MOUNTAINS. OVER ON THE BIG ISLAND A BAND OF LOW CLOUDS IS SEEN 
MOVING INTO THE WINDWARD SLOPES FROM NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD THROUGH 
THE PUNA DISTRICT. 
 
THE LEADING EDGE OF A NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTHWEST ORIENTED COLD 
FRONT IS SEEN ABOUT 280 MILES TO THE NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE FRONT 
IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST AT ABOUT 20 MPH AND CONSISTS MAINLY OF LOW 
CLOUDS WITH DEEPER CONVECTION FAR TO THE NORTH OF THE STATE. BOTH IR 
AND WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IS SHOWING A SWATH OF CIRRUS CLOUDS 
STREAMING BY FAR TO THE NORTH NORTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS. BEHIND THE 
FRONT IS A MORE STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUD FIELD.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.