Subject: Pacific SW: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:18:22 -0600

219 
WWPS20 KNES 222117

A.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE (96P)

B.  22/2022Z

C.  19.6S

D.  166.8W

E.  THREE/GOES-W

F.  ST2.5/2.5

G.  IR/EIR/VIS/QSCAT/SSMI/AMSU

H.  REMARKS...RELOCATION OF CENTER...PRIOR TRACKED CENTER HAS SHEARED OUT
AND IS BEING INGESTED INTO A LARGER MORE SUB-TROPICAL LOOKING CIRCULATION.
THIS SYSTEM IS CLEARLY NOT TROPICAL BUT IS NOT FULLY EXTRATROPICAL EITHER.
SINCE SHEARED DEEP CONVECTION IS DEVELOPING NEAR THE MAIN CIRCULATION
CENTER AND IS AROUND 20S...IT IS STILL POSSIBLE FOR THE SYSTEM TO
TRANSITION BACK TO A FULLY TROPICAL LOW...AND SO WE WILL CONTINUE TO
CLASSIFY.  USING HEBERT-POTEAT PATTERNS THE SYSTEM LOOKS LIKE AT ST2.5C
. SO INTENSITY IS SET TO ST2.5...GALLINA

=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.