Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:16:58 -0600

280 
TXPS40 PHFO 281816
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1820 UTC MON JAN 28 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE LOCATED NEAR 17.8S 176.3E AT 28/1630 UTC 
BASED ON MTSAT 4 KM RESOLUTION IR SECTOR AND ANIMATION. POSITION 
ACCURATE WITHIN 90 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND 
SPEED 55 KT. MOVEMENT WAS TOWARD 283 DEGREES AT 12 KT OVER THE PAST 
6.0 HOURS.

T3.5/3.5/D1.5/24 HRS

REMARKS...DUE TO INTERACTION WITH THE MAIN FIJI ISLAND...THE 
CENTER IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE. USED A SHEAR PATTERN WITH THE CENTER 
LYING IN THE EDGE OF THE DG CURVE. SINCE THE DG IS LESS THAN 3/4 
FROM EDGE...ADDED A FACTOR OF 0.5...HENCE RESULTING DT IS A 3.5. 
MET IS 3.O...PT IS A 3.5. FINAL T BASED ON PT AND DT.

$$

LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.