Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:00:13 -0600

176 
ATPQ40 PGUM 141500
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
ISSUED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1 AM CHST THU FEB 14 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE MOVING 20 MPH TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST IS 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 09N146E 
TO 13N143E...IN THE AREA BETWEEN GUAM AND YAP. 

A COLD FRONT MOVING 22 MPH TO THE EAST EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 
25N169E TO 19N159E. THE CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT IS MADE 
UP OF OVERCAST SHOWERY STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING 
CUMULUS. BEHIND THE FRONT TO THE WEST BROKEN LOW SC WITH AREAS OF 
SCATTERED SC EXTEND BACK TO 130E. WEST OF THE MARIANAS TO 130E AND 
BETWEEN 12N AND 20N AN AREAS OF OVERCAST LOW STRATUS AND SC HAS 
REMAINED STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE CONTINUE TO TRIGGER SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A 
FEW THUNDERSTORMS IN AN AREA WEST OF KOROR BETWEEN 3N TO 8N FROM 
130E TO 134E. ALSO...SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS 
CONTINUE TO FORM BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 3N FROM 130E TO 132E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS FROM 180 TO 140E AND BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 07N.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.