Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:45:08 -0600

051 
FZPN40 PHFO 032245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN FEB 03 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 03 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 04 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 05 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

.GALE WARNING.
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT IN THE VICINITY OF 30N160E...MOVING E 
25 KT. SW WINDS INCREASING TO 20 TO 35 KT N OF A LINE...30N169E 
28N165E 28N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N169E 28N165E 26N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF A LINE30N173E 29N168E 30N164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N178W 29N176E 30N170E TO A LOW N OF 
FCST AREA. ALSO ANOTHER COLD FRONT FROM THE LOW N OF FCST AREA THRU 
30N169E 27N165E 24N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N W OF 172E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT N OF 28N BETWEEN 178W AND 176E...MOVING NE 15 KT.
ALSO DISSIPATING TROUGH THRU 29N180 24N170E 21N163E MOVING E 
SLOWLY. ISOLATED TSTMS N OF A LINE 30N173E 25N175E 24N180 30N172W.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT N OF FCST AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.RIDGE THRU 30N170W 24N178E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 24N AND 10N E OF 152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 23N AND 07N E OF 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 20N AND 08N E OF 160W.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 15N AND 07N W OF 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 15N AND 07N W OF 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS BETWEEN 125B 
AND 07N W OF 175E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 14 FT E OF A LINE...30N178W 10N168W 03N160W 
EQ154W...HIGHEST E OF 155W. ALSO...SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BETWEEN 15N AND 
05N W OF 175W. SEAS ELSEWHERE 8 FT OR LESS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE 30N173E 25N160E.
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 2 LINES...FROM 30N175W 10N167W 
EQ161W AND FROM 30N150W THRU 25N140W. ALSO SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BETWEEN 
16N AND 06N W OF 177W. SEAS ELSEWHERE 8 FT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE 30N177W 24N173E 
28N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N175W 22N172E 
23N160E. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT S OF 15N E OF 166W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS 
N OF A LINE...30N151W 26N145W 20N140W...AND S OF 08N AND S OF 05N W 
OF 167W. OTHERWISE SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 20N BETWEEN 159W AND 165W.

.ITCZ...06N140W 05N145W 07N162W...AND FROM 06N173W THRU 04N170E 
06N164E 06N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ALONG ITCZ W OF 165E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.