Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:28:20 -0600

190 
ATHW40 PHFO 080028
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI FEB 8 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC FEBRUARY 8 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH REMAINS OVER THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WITH AN AXIS 
EXTENDING FROM 17N 163W TO 30N 152W AND CONTINUES INTO THE NORTH 
PACIFIC. THE SUBTROPICAL JET IS LOCATED ALONG THE EASTERN PORTION OF 
THE TROUGH AND INDIVIDUAL CLOUD FEATURES ARE MOVING NEAR 80 MPH.  
THE JET AND TROUGH ARE COMBINING TO CREATE A CLOUD SHIELD OF 
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS RANGING FROM 8N TO 31N AND BETWEEN 140W TO 
155W. THE EDGE OF THE CLOUD SHIELD IS NOW 60 MILES EAST OF HILO. 

A COLD FRONT AND ASSOCIATED CLOUD BAND MOVING 25 MPH TOWARD THE 
SOUTHEAST STRETCHES FROM 24N 170W TO 30N 161W AND CONTINUES INTO 
THE NORTHERN PACIFIC. THE BAND IS MADE UP OF BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS 
WITH EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS.

OVER THE ISLANDS...AFTERNOON CONVECTION HAS CREATED BROKEN CLOUD 
COVER FOR THE STATE. TOWERING CUMULUS AND ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS /CB/ 
ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MUCH OF THE SKY COVER WITH THE HIGHEST CLOUD 
TOPS REACHING 30 THOUSAND FEET FOR THE TALLEST CB/S.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.