Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 12:28:38 -0600

933 
ATHW40 PHFO 021828
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED JAN 02 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 02 2008

BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH...CIRRUS...CLOUDS BLANKET THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS. THE CIRRUS COMPLETELY OBSCURE LOWER LEVEL FEATURES ON 
INFRARED AND EARLY-MORNING VISIBLE IMAGERY. THE CIRRUS IS SOUTH AND 
EAST OF A LINE FROM 23N 140W TO 21N 145W TO 25N 155W TO A POINT 100 
MILES WEST OF NIIHAU TO 17N 160W. OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS THE CIRRUS 
OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS HAS SPREAD WEST AT 40 MPH.

A 135 MILE WIDE BAND OF SHOWERY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A 
SHEARLINE...THE TRAILING END OF A FRONTAL BAND...IS CENTERED FROM 
27N 140W TO A POINT 250 MILES NORTHEAST OF HILO WHERE THE BAND 
BECOMES OBSCURED BY CIRRUS. RADAR IMAGERY SHOWS THE BAND EXTENDING 
WEST SOUTHWEST ACROSS OAHU AND MOLOKAI. THE RADARS SHOW SCATTERED TO 
NUMEROUS SHOWERS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST SOUTHWEST AT 30 MPH ACROSS 
THOSE TWO ISLANDS. RADAR IMAGERY SHOWS ONLY ISOLATED SHOWERS 
ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE ISLANDS.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A TROUGH ALOFT FROM 26N 140W TO MAUI TO 
18N 180. THE PART OF THE TROUGH EAST OF 150W HAS BEEN MOVING TOWARD 
THE EAST SOUTHEAST AT 25 MPH WHILE THE PART WEST OF 150W HAS BEEN 
NEARLY STATIONARY. A STRONG JET STREAM RUNS FROM 17N 180 TO 17N 165W 
TO 08N 140W.

$$
DONALDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.