Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:45:11 -0600

773 
FZPN40 PHFO 021645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED JAN 02 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 02 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 03 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 04 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 28N 140W 26N 145W THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 22N 153W.  
FRONT MOVING E 10 KT...SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
WEAKENING.

HIGH 1027MB 30N 169W NEARLY STATIONARY.  RIDGES THRU 26N 145W AND 
THRU 30N 178W 24N 160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 24N 155W 13N 165W 08N 170E 
20N 170E 24N 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 21N BOUNDED BY 
155W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 18N BOUNDED BY 
160W AND 175W.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 8 FT OF LESS IN SW OF A LINE 10S EQ 180.  SEAS 14 TO 17 FT 
BETWEEN 10N AND 20N BOUNDED BY 170W AND 170E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SW OF A LINE 10S 160E EQ 175E. 
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT OVER MOST OF AREA.

ITCZ...08N 140W 09N 162W 06N 174W 05N 180.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM N OF THE ITCZ E OF 152W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.