Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:23:58 -0600

461 
FZPN01 KWBC 202223
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 20 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 176W 968 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 44N 
174W TO 42N 170W TO 38N 170W TO 30N 174W. FROM 37N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 171W AND 179W...ALSO WITHIN 180 NM N AND NW 
SEMICIRCLES...AND WITHIN 120 NM N AND NE OF FRONT N OF 
40N...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 36N TO 
43N BETWEEN FRONT AND 180...ALSO WITHIN 240 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 
32N...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 167W 976 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
44N TO 60N BETWEEN 155W AND 178W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 
25 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N 163W 980 MB. WITHIN 420 NM OF 
CENTER...EXCEPT OUT TO 600 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 173E 991 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
CENTER TO 43N 176E TO 40N 175E TO 36N 170E. FROM 42N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 170E AND 174E...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SE...360 NM SE...180 NM NE AND 120 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 168W 1008 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 34N W OF 164E...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 172E 992 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM E...480 NM S...300 NM W AND 300 NM N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 67N 173W 985 MB MOVING N 15 KT. N OF 57N W OF 180...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS N OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N 173E 1001 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FROM 34N TO 38N BETWEEN 
163E AND 174E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.BETWEEN 41N AND 53N FROM 128W TO 134W...AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 439 124W 1014 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 125W 1016 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 660 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 40N 177E 1000 MB MOVING E 10 KT. FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 
172E AND 180...ALSO FROM 34N TO 38N BETWEEN 166E AND 
172E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 167E 982 MB. FROM 43N TO 50N W OF 
172E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 165E 997 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N AND W 
OF 166W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 53N 153W 1015 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 40N TO 59N BETWEEN 
145W AND 154W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 50N TO 57N BETWEEN 143W 
AND 149W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 42N TO 57N BETWEEN 145W AND 155W...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 51N TO 57N BETWEEN 146W AND 152W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 55N 139W 1033 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N 137W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 140W 1036 MB.

.HIGH 36N 155W 1026 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 150W 1030 MB 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 31N 157E 1022 MB MOVING NE 40 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 173W 1026 MB 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N 157W 1038 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN JAN 20
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON JAN 21
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE JAN 22

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE 16N95W 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N97W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 
12N102W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 150 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W 11N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT IN 
NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 8N TO 14N BETWEEN 95W AND 104W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. FROM 
6N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 106W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 15N BETWEEN 95W AND 103W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 12N TO 20N 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N125W 10N112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 21N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 7N TO 25N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 16N TO 22N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2045 UTC SUN JAN 20...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 7N85W 4N100W 10N130W 
6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER DGS
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.