Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 02:10:36 -0600

115 
FQPS01 NFFN 290600
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE EQUATOR to 25S between 160E and
120W 
issued by Fiji Meteorological Service Jan 290800 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNINGSTORM WARNING 078 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 29/0720
UTC.

TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [985HPA] CATEGORY 2 WAS LOCATED NEAR 18
DECIMAL 5 SOUTH 175 DECIMAL 5 EAST AT 290600 UTC. POSITION FAIR. 
REPEAT POSITION 18.5 SOUTH 175.5 EAST AT 290600 UTC.CYCLONE MOVING
SOUTHWEST ABOUT 08 KNOTS WITH LATEST MODEL RUNS MAINTAINING THIS
TRACK FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN FLANK OF THE
CYCLONE IS EXPERIENCING A MODERATE SHEAR ENVIRONMENT WITH CLOUD TOPS
WARMING ESPECIALLY ON THE WESTERN FLANK. THE CYCLONE HAS NOT
DEVELOPED MUCH OVER THE PAST THREE HOURS AND CONTINUING ON THIS
SOUTHWESTERLY TRACK, INCREASING SHEAR WILL LIMIT THE POTENTIAL FOR
FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.
EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 50 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 25 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 90 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMICIRCLE AND 70 MILES OF CENTRE ELSEWHERE. 

FORECAST POSITION NEAR 18.7S 174.1E AT 291800 UTC
              AND NEAR 18.9S 172.0E AT 300600 UTC.

ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC
AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 077. 

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 300600 UTC.

 TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [985HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 18.5S 175.5E
AT 290600 UTC AND MOVING SW AT 8 KNOTS. POSITION FAIR. OUTSIDE
STORM/GALE WARNING AREA EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS WITHIN
150 MILES OF TC CENTRE. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS. DAMAGING HEAVY
SWELLS ASSOCIATED WITH TC GENE.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1: 05S 160E 04S 170E 10S 179E 15S 180 TO TC GENE
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
200 MILES OF CZ1 AND TC. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS AND UPTO 30 KNOTS AT TIMES WITHIN 150 MILES OF CZ1. ROUGH TO
VERY ROUGH SEAS. 

TROUGH T1: FROM TC GENE TO 21S 176E 25S 180 SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES OF T1.

TROUGH T2:FROM TC GENE 18S 175W 14S 170W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY
IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES OF T2.

TROUGH T3: 14S 158W 13S 145W 16S 135W 18S 130W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF
T3.

SOUTH OF 20S AND WEST OF 175E EXPECT EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS. ROUGH SEAS. 
OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 10S EAST OF 150W, MODERATE SOUTHERLY SWELL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.