Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 16:18:13 -0600

355 
FZPN01 KWBC 052218
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 05 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 37N 179E 995 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. FROM 33N TO 37N BETWEEN 
175E AND 180...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 168W 965 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM CENTER 
TO 44N 160W TO 33N 166W. WITHIN 300 NM S...180 NM W...240 NM N 
AND 240 NM NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 60 KT SEAS 15 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SW...480 NM SW...360 NM NE AND 300 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...ALSO WITHIN 300 NM N AND 360 NM E OF FRONT. WINDS 30 
TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 162W 967 MB. FROM 40N TO 45N BETWEEN 
158W AND 167W...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 36 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 151W 977 MB. FROM 39N TO 44N BETWEEN 
147W AND 157W...WINDS 40 TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 37N TO 50N BETWEEN 147W AND 165W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 
18 TO 30 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 165E 992 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 
38N W OF 169E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 180 972 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW...240 NM 
N...300 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 32N TO 37N BETWEEN 175W AND 
177E...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 
NM W...540 NM S...480 NM E AND 360 NM N QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 161E 976 MB MOVING N 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
44N TO 54N W OF 171E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 130W 968 MB MOVING N 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND FROM 35N TO 47N BETWEEN 132W AND 
143W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 36N TO 
54N E OF 140W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 44N 173E 991 MB MOVING N 25 KT. FROM 35N TO 46N BETWEEN 
166E AND 174E...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 173E 980 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
50N TO 54N W OF 178W...ALSO WITHIN 360 NM NE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA. N OF 54N BETWEEN 177W AND 
178E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N 143W 970 MB MOVING NW 5 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 720 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 145W 984 MB. WITHIN AND AREA BOUNDED 
BY 58N 165W...50N 149W...37N 137W...43N 127W...54N 138W...58N 
154W...58N 165W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 150W 984 MB. FROM 50N TO 57N BETWEEN 
156W AND 162W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE 
BETWEEN 50N AND 60N FROM 152W AND 165W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
TO 11 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 170W 1003 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 240 NM 
S SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 32N TO 37N BETWEEN 134W 
AND 145W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 145W 976 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM CENTER 
TO 48N 138W TO 45N 134W TO 36N 146W...WITHIN 300 NM E AND NE OF 
FRONT...AND WITHIN 360 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 57N 164W TO 61N 177W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 155W TO 57N 165W TO 60N 
170W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 58N 168W TO 60N 
174W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 42N 166W 1004 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 39N TO 44N BETWEEN 
163W AND 172W...ALSO FROM 36N TO 40N BETWEEN 152W AND 
161W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 127W 
AND 138W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 34N E OF 122W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 34N BETWEEN 164E AND 174E...WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 154W AND 167W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 137W AND 144W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT JAN 05
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN JAN 06
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON JAN 07

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 4N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 115W  NE TO E WIND 20 TO 25 KT  
SEAS TO 12 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 15N BETWEEN 93W AND 
120W  E WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS 18 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 116W  E WIND TO 20 
KT  SEAS TO 12 FT IN E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT. 

.N OF 8N E OF 93W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WIND 20 TO 
25 KT  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 93W  NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W  NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS 
TO 8 FT.

.N OF 5N FROM 78W TO 81W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N WIND TO 
20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 4N W OF 120W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS BUILD TO 11 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  W OF 116W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 14 FT 
IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2045 UTC SAT JAN 5...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N78W  4N88W  3N96W  9N126W 
7N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS FROM 107W TO 
120W AND WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS FROM 120W TO 131W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.