Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 06:30:11 -0600

627 
ATHW40 PHFO 101230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SUN FEB 10 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 10 2008

THE PERSISTENT UPPER LEVEL TROUGH SEEN ON THE WATER VAPOR CHANNEL 
REMAINS IN A SW TO NE DIRECTION OVER THE BIG ISLAND FROM 10N 160W 
TO 30N 142W. AN UPPER LEVEL LOW SITS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TROUGH 
CENTERED AT 12N 154W. OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS THE UPPER LOW HAS 
DRIFTED SOUTH. OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS ARE LOCATED ALONG 
THE LOW/S EASTERN SEMICIRCLE AND A CLOUD SHIELD EMANATES FROM THE 
LOW TO THE EAST AND COVERS THE AREAS FROM 140W TO 155W AND 9N TO 
21N.

A COLD FRONT WELL TO THE NORTHWEST STRETCHES FROM 25N 180 TO 30N 
171W. THE FRONT IS MOVING 20 MPH TOWARD THE EAST AND THE ASSOCIATED 
CLOUD BAND IS MADE UP OF OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ WITH EMBEDDED 
CUMULONIMBUS.

OVER THE ISLANDS...TRADES ARE BRINGING BROKEN SC TO WINDWARD 
LOCATIONS OF ALL ISLANDS. LEEWARD BIG ISLAND AND LEEWARD 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA HAVE SLOWLY CLEARED TONIGHT AS THE ISLANDS COOL 
AND WINDS SHIFT TO OFFSHORE.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.