Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:27:00 -0600

071 
ATHW40 PHFO 161826
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED JAN 16 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 16 2008

A BROAD FIELD OF STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS PRESENTLY LIES OVER AND 
AROUND THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS EARLY THIS WEDNESDAY MORNING. 
INDIVIDUAL CLOUD ELEMENTS ARE GENERALLY MOVING DOWN FROM THE NORTH 
NORTHEAST. THIS IS PRIMARILY CAUSING LOW CLOUDS TO BE BANKED UP OVER 
A GOOD PORTION OF MOST NORTH AND NORTHEAST FACING SLOPES. 

OVER ON KAUAI LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER NORTHERN AND EASTERN SLOPES. 
WHILE ON OAHU LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS 
OF BOTH THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE MOUNTAIN RANGES WITH OCCASIONAL CLOUD 
COVER OVER THE CENTRAL PORTION OF THE ISLAND. MOST OF MOLOKAI WAS 
CLOUD COVERED WHILE IT WAS BASICALLY CLEAR OVER LANAI EXCEPT FOR A 
FEW PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS OVER THE NORTHERN SLOPES.. OVER ON MAUI 
LOW CLOUDS ARE BANDED UP OVER THE NORTHEAST SLOPES OF HALEAKALA WITH 
A FEW PATCHES SEEN OVER THE NORTHEAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI 
MOUNTAINS. OVER ON THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP THE 
WINDWARD SLOPES FROM NORTH KOHALA SOUTH THROUGH THE PUNA DISTRICT. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.