Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:40:13 -0600

940 
FZPN40 PHFO 252240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI JAN 25 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 25 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 26 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 27 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N168E 25N164E 22N160E MOVING E 15 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
180 NM E OF FRONT NORTH OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N176E 25N169W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS.

.STATIONARY FRONT 30N170W 25N172E 20N176W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 300 E OF FRONT N OF 20N.

.RIDGE 23N167E 25N176W 30N178W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE 30N152W 23N140W MOVING E 10 KT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 15 TO 20 FT NORTH OF THE LINE 27N160E 30N166E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 30N179E 17N173E 30N164W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
EAST OF 30N164W 09N140W. REMAINDER 7 TO 9 FT EXCEPT LESS THAN 8 FT 
SOUTH OF 10N WEST OF 175E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 20 FT WEST OF A LINE 20N160E 30N178E 
AND EAST OF A LINE 30N152W 20N140W. ELSEWHERE SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NORTH OF A LINE 12N160E 27N172W 
13N141W. SEAS LESS THAN 9 FT SOUTH OF 10N. ELSEWHERE SEAS 9 TO 12 
FT. 

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS SOUTH OF 10N AND WEST OF 173E.

ITCZ...08N140W 06N157W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.