Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:11:30 -0600

691 
FZPN01 KWBC 222211
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 22 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 36N 169E 986 MB MOVING NE 40 KT AND INTENSIFYING. WITHIN 
180 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 31 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM W AND NW 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
360 NM E AND S QUADRANTS AND 360 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 178E 968 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 19 TO 27 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 720 NM S AND 600 NM E AND 480 NM N AND 420 NM W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 179E 977 MB WITH ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 
58N 161W TO 50N 166W TO 47N 170W TO 32N 174W. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
AND 240 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 360 NM NW SEMICIRCLES AND 360 NM 
E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 30N AND 42N W OF 
163E...AREA OF SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 160E 981 MB. WITHIN 420 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 780 NM SE AND 420 NM NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 171W 1008 MB WILL MOVE NE 40 KT. WITHIN 420 NM E AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 146W 1010 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 480 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 128W 1002 MB. BETWEEN 240 AND 480 NM W 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 32N 174W 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 
W AND NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N AND W OF 171W...MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N AND W 
OF 165W...MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 
57N 160W TO 59N 179E...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 37N 124W 1014 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 124W 1015 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 720 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 123W 1015 MB. FROM 32N AND 43N BETWEEN 
127W AND 143W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 55N BETWEEN 141W AND 154W...AREA OF 
PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 47N 140W 1038 MB MOVING SW 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGE WITH FORECAST HIGH 46N 145W 
MENTIONED BELOW. 

.HIGH 39N 163W 1035 MB WILL MOVE NE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGE WITH FORECAST HIGH 46N 145W 
MENTIONED BELOW.

.HIGH 46N 158W 1038 MB WILL MOVE E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N 145W 1044 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N 150W 1043 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 162E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 177E 1027 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE JAN 22
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED JAN 23
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU JAN 24

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 91W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 85W AND 90W NE WINDS
20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 11N BETWEEN 85W AND 90W NE WINDS
20 KT SEAS 8 FT.

.N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 6 TO 13N BETWEEN 97W AND 115 NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 5N TO 12N BETWEEN 110W AND 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W OF 130W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 127W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC TUE JAN 22...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...4N77W 3N80W 8N131W 7N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
FORECASTER DGS/TK
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.