Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 04:17:10 -0600

698 
FZPN01 KWBC 301017
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 30 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 53N 157W 978 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 
NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 780 NM SE AND 600 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 139W 983 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 22 TO 41 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM NW...720 NM SW...AND 840 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 125W 999 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 22 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 41N 163E 974 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N 167E TO 35N 168E. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT AND 240 
NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SE AND 360 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 169E 964 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 174E 966 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 48N 
169E TO 48N 178W TO 44N 175W TO 39N 178W. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 360 
NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 36 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
420 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM N AND NE OF FRONT N OF 
45N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 
NM S AND W QUADRANTS AND 480 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 178E 977 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 300 
NM N QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM N...600 NM E...AND 300 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 49N 127W 1003 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 660 NM S AND 360 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
52N 139W. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 52N 174W 1008 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT... WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.  

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 36N 158E 999 MB. WITHIN 300 NM 
SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 174E 990 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM SE AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N 165E 987 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW NW OF AREA 63N 176W 993 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER ICE FREE 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 59N 143W 997 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 180 NM E 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
52N 139W IN WARNINGS SECTION.

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N AND E OF 122W AREA OF NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 32N 178W TO 33N 174W TO 34N 169W. WITHIN 180 
NM N OF FRONT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 162W 996 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 49N 157W TO 41N 155W. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT AND 
240 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 144W AND 151W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 166W AND 174W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 166W AND 177E DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 33N 156W 1034 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 155W 1034 MB. 

.HIGH 36N 137W 1033 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N 130W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 129W 1029 MB. 

.HIGH 40N 168W 1030 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 157W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 145W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 33N 143W 1033 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED JAN 30
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU JAN 31
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI FEB 01

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 15N BETWEEN 117W AND 105W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. N OF 6N W OF 110W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN N AND NE SWELL. REMAINDER AREA W OF 105W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM W OF BAJA PENINSULA NW WINDS 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. FROM 11N TO 26N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 25  
KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
12N TO 25N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
REMAINDER AREA W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 22N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 
30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 25N W OF 120W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. REMAINDER AREA W OF 
112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 28N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N AND S OF 25N NW 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 26N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 48 HOUR FORECAST N WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC WED JAN 30...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 4N77W 6N120W 9N132W 
6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.