Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:09:20 -0600

133 
ATPQ40 PGUM 081509
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST SAT FEB 9 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N156E THROUGH THE 
NORTHERNMOST MARIANA ISLANDS AT 20N145E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR 
LINE TO 17N130E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLD FRONT AND  
SHEAR LINE. 

A SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 4N130E THROUGH A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 2N135E TO END AT EQ137E. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
ARE FOUND JUST SOUTH OF KOROR BETWEEN 3N AND 6N FROM 130E TO 134E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 7N150E TO END AT EQ154E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING IN 
YAP...CHUUK AND POHNPEI STATES BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 10N FROM 146E 
TO 160E. TRADE-WINDS CONVERGING FARTHER EAST ARE GENERATING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS OVER KOSRAE BETWEEN 3N AND 
8N FROM 160E TO 168E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.