Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 03:48:08 -0600

540 
FZPN01 KWBC 120948
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FEB 12 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 178W 948 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 60 TO 75 KT SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM NE...720 NM SE...480 NM SW...AND 240 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...
WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 15 TO 32 FT...WITH HIGHEST SEAS SW OF LOW 
CENTER. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM NE...960 NM SE...780 NM SW...AND 600 
NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 167W 951 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 54N 
163W TO 52N 153W TO 31N 161W. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 600 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 24 TO 48 FT. ELSEWHERE 
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM NW QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
FRONT FROM 38N TO 52N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 720 NM NE...1080 NM SE...960 NM SW...AND 660 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 157W 968 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NE...600 NM 
SE AND SW...AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 
TO 38 FT...WITH HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 50N 154W. ALSO OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 57N 137W TO 52N 
136W TO 46N 142W TO 37N 150W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 
FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 142W 977 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM NE...660 NM SE...600 NM SW...AND 120 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 58N 130W 1002 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.18 HOUR FORECAST W OF A LINE FROM 44N 161E TO 30N 165E AREA OF 
SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 41N W OF 163W AREA OF SE WINDS 40 
TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 50N 160E 
TO 37N 167E TO 30N 169E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 170E 969 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 50N 
161E TO LOW CENTER TO 30N 178E. WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER EXCEPT 
TO 540 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 480 NM S 
AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 154W 989 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 600 NM SE AND 420 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 48N TO 51N BETWEEN 130W 
AND 138W...W TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 18 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 178E 985 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 360 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 41N BETWEEN 122W AND 128W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 119W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 57N 175E TO 54N 172W TO 54N 161W TO 56N 155W 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 175E TO 54N 178W TO 55N 
163W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 56N 172W TO 56N 
163W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 46N TO 55N BETWEEN 130W AND 134W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.FROM 35N TO 39N BETWEEN 167W AND 171W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 52N BETWEEN 146W AND 156W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM SE AND E OF A LINE FROM 58N 141W 
TO 51N 141W TO 43N 146W AREA OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING 
VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 37N 146W 1030 MB MOVING NE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 137W 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 129W 1031 MB.

.HIGH 38N 131W 1029 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 41N 137W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 173E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 168W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE FEB 12
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED FEB 13
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU FEB 14

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO ...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 6N E OF 80W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 17N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 FT WITH  
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 7N AND W OF LINE 7N110W 30N117W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 17N W OF 128W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
9 TO 11 FT WITH NW SWELL. NW OF LINE 30N127W 23N140W NE WINDS 20 
KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 7N W OF 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS 10 FT IN NW SWELL. NW OF LINE 30N125W 18N140W NE WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N117W  
10N130W 5N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS BUILDING TO 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC TUE FEB 12...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N77W 5N100W 7N120W 8N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 100W AND 
105W...AND WITHIN 180 NM N OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 118W AND 122W. 

$$
FORECASTER COBB
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.