Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 22:45:07 -0600

312 
FZPN40 PHFO 190445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT JAN 19 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 19 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 20 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 21 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 166E 26N 160E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF A LINE 30N 174E 26N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 175W 21N 173E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 171W 21N 171E MOVING E 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN 
AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 175E AND 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N 164W 26N 171W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

TROUGH 26N 157W 22N 157W 19N 157W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 16N TO 27N BETWEEN 158W AND 148W.

RIDGE 28N 160E 27N 173E MOVING SE 15 KT.

RIDGE 30N 155W 22N 179W NEARLY STATIONARY.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE 22N 160E 23N 172E 30N 169W. 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF A LINE 07N 160E 05N 156W 
25N 140W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS REST OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE 27N 160E 
28N 170E 22N 173E 22N 179W 30N 164W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA 
S OF 10N W OF 171E...S OF 11N E OF 150W...AND N OF 20N BETWEEN 164W 
AND 155W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 05N W OF 171E. SEAS 
9 TO 14 FT REST OF AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA W OF 162E BETWEEN 11N AND 16N.

ITCZ 07N 140W 06N 148W 06N 163W 03N 178E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM N OF ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.