Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:45:08 -0600

897 
FZPN40 PHFO 171045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU JAN 17 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 17 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 18 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 19 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THRU 30N 165E 25N 160E MOVING E 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
N OF 27N BETWEEN 163E AND 168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 178E 22N 170E THENCE SHEAR LINE 
THRU 20N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF FRONT 
AND SHEAR LINE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 170W 22N 180 THENCE SHEAR LINE THRU 
21N 170E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N 165W 24N 178W MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE 30N 155W 20N 170W 09N 177E 15N 160E.
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 05N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 30N 178W 25N 170E
24N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30M 145W 10N 160W 
04N 180 10N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE 30N 170W 21N 175E
22N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 22N 140W 05N 160W 
02N 180 10N 160E.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF 05N 179E...AND 60 NM OF 
07N 180.

ITCZ...06N 140W 05N 163W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.