Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:40:18 -0600

837 
ATHW40 PHFO 141840
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU FEB 14 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC FEBRUARY 14 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW TO THE EAST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE CENTER OF THE UPPER LEVEL LOW IS NEAR 23.6N 
140.8W...ABOUT 1100 MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU. 

A MULTI-LAYERED CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A COLD FRONT IS NORTH OF 
THE ISLANDS. THE LEADING EDGE OF THE CLOUD BAND EXTENDS FROM 24.1N 
162.8W TO 25.5N 151.2W TO 40.0N 143.5W...WHERE THE BAND CONTINUES 
NORTH. HIGH CLOUDS EXTENDING OUT AHEAD OF THE FRONT ARE PRIMARILY 
FOUND SOUTH OF 30N. SOME OF THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE PASSING OVER THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING. THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE MOVING 
OVER THE ISLANDS FROM THE NORTH NORTHWEST. 

THROUGH THIN SPOTS IN THE HIGH CLOUDS OVER THE BIG ISLAND...THE SNOW 
ATOP MAUNA LOA AND MAUNA KEA IS STILL EVIDENT ON THE VISIBLE 
IMAGERY. WHILE THE HIGH CLOUDS ARE AT TIMES OBSCURING THE LOWER 
CLOUDS OVER THE BIG ISLAND...THROUGH THIN SPOTS IT WOULD APPEAR THE 
HEAVIEST CONCENTRATION OF LOW CLOUDS IS OVER THE PUNA DISTRICT... 
WITH JUST A FEW LOW CLOUDS ELSEWHERE. 

THE HIGH CLOUDS ARE OBSCURING ANY LOW CLOUDS OVER KAUAI THIS 
MORNING...BUT ARE NOT COVERING NIIHAU AT 8 AM WHERE SKIES ARE CLOUD 
FREE. THE HIGH CLOUDS OVER OAHU MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO DISCERN THE 
LOWER CLOUDS...BUT IT APPEARS AS IF THE THICKEST CONCENTRATION OF 
LOW CLOUDS IS OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE. THE HIGH CLOUDS ARE PASSING 
OVER THE ISLANDS OF MAUI COUNTY AS WELL...BUT DO NOT APPEAR TO BE AS 
THICK. FEW LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE ISLANDS OF MAUI COUNTY.

$$ 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.