Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 10:45:05 -0600

376 
FZPN40 PHFO 041645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON FEB 04 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 04 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 05 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 06 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

.GALE WARNING.
.COLD FRONT W OF FCST AREA THRU 30N164E 28N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 35 
KT IN AREA N OF 27N W OF 170E. FRONT MOVING ENE 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N175E 28N161E. WINDS DIMINISHED
TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FCST AREA. NEW COLD FRONT THRU 
30N175E 26N168E. WINDS REMAINING 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK FRONT THRU 30N174W TO 29N178W TO 30N180 AND 176E MOVING NE 20 
KT. ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 27N BETWEEN 170W AND 177W. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT N OF FCST AREA.

.RIDGE THRU 30N162W 25N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 23N AND 08N E OF 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 20N AND 08N E OF 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 17N AND 10N E OF 166W.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 08N W OF 178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 14N AND 08N W OF 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 15N AND 09N W OF 180. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA NW OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 27N160E. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT BETWEEN 07 AND 30N E OF 167W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
BETWEEN EQ AND 07N E OF 160W. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 07N AND 11N W 
OF 177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 19 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 
23N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 02N AND 20N E OF 168W. SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT BETWEEN 20N AND 30N FROM 148W TO 166W. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 
07N AND 12N W OF 180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 172W AND 172E. 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 18N W OF 170W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
BETWEEN 04N AND 20N E OF 176W. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 20N AND 30N 
FROM 150W TO 170W...AND BETWEEN 06 AND 12N W OF 180. 

OTHERWISE SEAS MOSTLY 8 FT OR LESS.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 08N AND 20N FROM 152W TO 165W...AND 
BETWEEN 25N AND 30N FROM 172W TO 177W. 

.ITCZ...03N140W 07N160W 04N165E 05N160E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.