Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:00:27 -0600

308 
FQPS01 NFFN 300600    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE Jan 302000 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNING HURRICANE WARNING 082 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan
30/0727 UTC 2008 UTC.
***CORRECTION TO SPEED OF MOVEMENT***** 

SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [970HPA] CATEGORY 3 WAS LOCATED
NEAR 18 DECIMAL 6 SOUTH 173 DECIMAL 2 EAST AT 300600 UTC. POSITION
FAIR.  REPEAT POSITION 18.6 SOUTH 173.2 EAST AT 300600 UTC.CYCLONE
SLOWLY MOVING SOUTHWEST ABOUT 03 KNOTS.

EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 65 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 63 KNOTS WITHIN 20 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 40 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 120 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMICIRCLE                     
                       AND WITHIN 100 MILES OF CENTRE ELSEWHERE.

FORECAST POSITION NEAR 19.3S 171.7E AT 301800 UTC 
             AND NEAR 20.0S 170.1E AT 310600 UTC.

ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC
AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 081..  

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 311800 UTC.

 SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [970HPA] CATEGORY 3 NEAR 18.6S
173.2E AT 300600 UTC.OUTSIDE WARNING AREA EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 20
TO 25 KNOTS WITHIN 150 MILES OF TC CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI CIRCLE
AND WITHIN 100 MILES ELSELWHERE. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS. DAMAGING
HEAVY SWELLS.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1: 09S 160E 10S 175E 13S 178E 17S 177E TO TC GENE
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
200 MILES OF CZ1 AND TC. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS AND UPTO 30 KNOTS AT TIMES WITHIN 150 MILES OF CZ1. ROUGH TO
VERY ROUGH SEAS. 

TROUGH T1: 20S 178E 15S 178W 10S 171W 03S 151W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS  AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF
T1.

TROUGH T2:20S 169E 25S 178E SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF T2.

TROUGH T3: 19S 141W 23S 132W 25S 126W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN
SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF T3.

OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 10S EAST OF 150W, MODERATE SOUTHERLY SWELL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.