Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:37:32 -0600

833 
ATHW40 PHFO 040537
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC FRI JAN 04 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 04 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AND UPPER LEVEL HIGH JUST NORTH OF THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...WITH RELATIVELY DRY AIR OVER THE ISLAND THIS 
EVENING. 

TWO DISTINCT AREAS OF CLOUDS ARE UPSTREAM OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS THIS EVENING. THE SOUTHERN BAND OF CLOUDS STRETCHES FROM 
NEAR 25N 134W...ABOUT 1360 MILES NORTHEAST OF HILO...TO THE EASTERN 
SHORES OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE BAND IS ABOUT 100 MILES ACROSS NEAR 
THE BIG ISLAND...AND TAPERS TO ABOUT 50 MILES WIDE AT IT/S EASTERN 
END. THE NORTHERN BAND OF CLOUDS STRETCHES FROM NEAR 24N 145W TO 
ABOUT 25 MILES OFF THE EASTERN SHORES OF MAUI...MOLOKAI...OAHU AND 
KAUAI. THIS BAND/S WESTERN END IS ABOUT 375 MILES WIDE...WITH LOW 
CLOUDS EXTENDING ABOUT 100 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI. LOW CLOUDS IN BOTH 
OF THESE BANDS ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST BETWEEN 20 AND 25 
MPH.

THE LAST VISIBLE IMAGES OF THE DAY SHOWS SCATTERED TO BROKEN CLOUDS 
OVER THE EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI...AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUDS OVER 
THE KOOLAU RANGE AND ADJACENT COASTAL SECTIONS OF OAHU. SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN CLOUDS WERE FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF MOLOKAI AND 
MAUI...AND OVER THE INTERIOR OF LANAI. ON THE BIG ISLAND...SNOW WAS 
STILL VISIBLE ON THE SUMMITS OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA. SATELLITE 
ALSO SHOWED PLENTY OF CLOUDS OVER THE LOWER SLOPES FROM UPOLU POINT 
TO OOKALA AND FROM HAKALAU TO CAPE KUMUKAHI TO VOLCANO. MORE CLOUDS 
WERE FOUND FROM WOOD VALLEY TO SOUTH POINT TO KONA. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.