Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 02:00:41 -0600

372 
FQPS01 NFFN 230300 AAA
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE EQUATOR to 25S between 160E and
120W 
issued by Fiji Meteorological Service Jan 230800 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNINGSTORM WARNING 062 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 23/0241
UTC 2008 UTC.

DEPRESSION 11F [992HPA] CENTRE WAS ANALYSED NEAR 19.6S 167.1W AT
230000UTC MOVING SOUTHWEST 10 KNOTS. POSITION FAIR. EXPECT CLOCKWISE
WINDS 40 TO 50 KNOTS IN THE EASTERN QUADRANTS BETWEEN 90 AND 330
NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTRE, WITH 35 TO 40 KNOTS UPTO 450
NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTRE. IN THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT EXPECT
35 TO 40 KNOTS BETWEEN 90 TO 280 NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM THE
CENTRE.AREA OF STORM FORCE WINDS AND GALES MOVING WITH DEPRESSION.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 061. 

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 240600 UTC.

 DEPRESSION 11F [992HPA] CENTRE WAS ANALYSED NEAR 19.6S 167.1W AT
230000UTC MOVING SOUTHWEST 10 KNOTS. POSITION FAIR. OUTSIDE STORM
WARNING AREA 062 EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS IN THE AREA
BETWEEN 450 TO 520 MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTRE AND BETWEEN 280 TO 360
NAUTICAL MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTRE. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS.
DAMAGING SWELLS. 

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 09S 160E 09S 175E 08S 180 09S 168W 13S 164W 17S
164W TO TD11F SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 180 MILES OF CZ1. EXPECT NORTHWEST TO
NORTHEASTERLY WINDS 25 TO 30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS UPTO 35 KNOTS. ROUGH
SEAS. MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS.

WEAK TROUGH T1 25S 174E 18S 176E 15S 179E 13S 175W 13S 168W SLOW
MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 060 MILES OF T1.

TROUGH T2 FRM TD11F TO 23S 158W 25S 153W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY
IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF T2.

WEAK TROUGH T3 25S 178W 23S 176W 22S 174W 25S 170W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SCATTERED SHOWERS OR ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 080
MILES OF T3.
  
OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF EQUATOR AND NORTH OF 20S BETWEEN 170E AND
160W, MODERATE EASTERLY SWELLS.

OVER BROAD AREA OUTSIDE OF GALE WARNING AREAS 059, EAST OF 180,
EXPECT NORTHEAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. ROUGH SEAS.
MODERATE SWELLS,HEAVY DAMAGING SEWLLS DEVELOPING OVERNIGHT.

SOUTH OF EQUATOR EAST OF 140W, MODERATE SOUTHWESTERLY SWELLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.