Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:45:10 -0600

923 
FZPN40 PHFO 171645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN FEB 17 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 17 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 18 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 19 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N W OF 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N173E 25N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 35 KT N OF 
LINE 25N160E 27N175E 30N180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N172W 21N170E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 
LINE 30N176W 27N170W 30N160W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

WEAKENING FRONT 30N152W 26N163W 25N175W 21N176E 18N168W THENCE A 
SHEAR LINE THRU 18N160E.  FRONT NEARLY STATIONARY BETWEEN 157W AND 
177W...ELSEWHERE FRONT MOVING EAST 10 KT.  SHEAR LINE NEARLY 
STATIONARY.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE 
24N170W 25N155W 30N143W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 146W 26N153W.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT 27N140W 23N144W.  ASSOCIATED 
WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH 08N163E EQ160E MOVING W 10 KT.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM N OF TROUGH N OF 06N.

.TROUGH 10N144W 15N142W 17N140W MOVING W SLOWLY.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH N OF 15N.

.RIDGE 28N140W 23N150W 20N160E 18N170E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.SEAS 14 TO 16 FT N OF 26N W OF 176W.  SEAS 8 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE N 
OF A LINE 30N150W 05S160E.  REST OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 30N175E 24N160E.  
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N140W EQ 160E.  REMAINDER 
OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE 22N160E 22N175E 
30N162W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE 25N140W EQ180 10N170E 
10N160E. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ 05N140W 06N147W 06N158W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE 
ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.