Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:45:11 -0600

516 
FZPN40 PHFO 180445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI JAN 18 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 18 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 19 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 20 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THRU 30N 177E 26N 170E 22N 160E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 26N W OF 176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 171W 24N 180 22N 170E. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 165W AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 164W 26N 170W 23N 180. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT THRU 30N 162E 28N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT IN AREA NORTH OF 28N WEST OF 168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 30N 170E 22N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT IN AREA NORTH OF 26N BETWEEN 178W AND 165E.

.RIDGE THRU 30N 141W 24N 150W MOVING WEST SLOWLY.

.RIDGE THRU 30N 164W 23N 180 22N 170E MOVING EAST 15 KT.

.SEAS 15 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 175E. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT 
ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 150W 07N 150W 07N 160E 30N 
160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 19 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 164E 20N 
174W 24N 180 24N 167E 30N 164E. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA 
BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 140W 05N 160W 06N 160E 30N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 19 FT IN AREA NORTH OF 26N WEST 170W. 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 140W 16N 
140W 03N 170W 03N 170E 10N 160E 30N 160E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 9 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST 
AREA.

.ITCZ THRU 06N 140W 05N 160E 02N 168E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM NORTH OF ITCZ WEST OF 180.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.