Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 04:40:10 -0600

996 
FZPN40 PHFO 121040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT JAN 12 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 12 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 13 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 14 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT THRU 30N 161W 25N 170W 23N 174W CONTINUING AS A SHEAR 
LINE 21N 170E. FRONT MOVING E 20 KT. SHEAR LINE MOVING S SLOWLY. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 173W AND 159W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 151W 22N 160W THENCE SHEAR LINE 
18N 170W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 163W AND 146W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 142W 20N 150W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT AND IN N OF 24N AREA BETWEEN 159W AND 149W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NORTHWEST OF AREA. SOUTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 27N W OF 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 170E 27N 160E. SOUTHWEST TO WEST 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 167E AND 175E.

RIDGE 28N 140W 24N 170W MOVING S SLOWLY AND ERODING FROM THE WEST.

HIGH 31N 171E 1025 MB MOVING E 20 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH THRU 25N 174W 
AND 27N 160E.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 07N TO 22N BETWEEN 170W AND 163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 07N TO 22N BETWEEN 
162W AND 168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 08N TO 22N BETWEEN 
158W AND 177E.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 15 TO 26 FT N OF LINE 30N 162W 26N 170W 26N 178E. SEAS 10 TO 14 
FT REMAINDER OF AREA... EXCEPT SEAS 8 OR LESS S OF LINE EQ 177W 07N 
170E 04N 160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 28 FT N OF LINE 30N 152W 23N 160W 16N 
177W. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT REMAINDER OF AREA... EXCEPT SEAS 8 OR LESS S 
OF LINE EQ 177W 07N 160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 18 FT WITHIN 300 NM OF LINE 30N 152W 
21N 160W 16N 170W 15N 175E... EXCEPT SEAS 8 OR LESS S OF 15N E OF 
147W AND S OF LINE EQ 177W 05N 170E 07N 160E. 

ITCZ...07N 140W 04N 156W 06N 170W 06N 180 05N 163E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN ITCZ AND 10N W OF 166W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE
FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE
LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE 
LETTERS/ WITH
ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO [email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.