Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 04:45:12 -0600

727 
FZPN40 PHFO 201045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED FEB 20 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 20 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 21 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 22 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THRU 30N157W 27N165W THENCE STATIONARY FRONT THRU 23N180 
19N160E.  N END OF COLD FRONT MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N BETWEEN FRONT AND 152W. SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N142W 26N157W TO A 1018MB LOW AT 
26N171W CONTINUING AS A COLD FRONT TO 20N173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT THRU 25N140W 25N146W TO A 1016MB LOW AT 
29N157W THEN CONTINUING AS COLD FRONT TO 25N164W 23N176W.
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN FRONT AND 170W N OF 27N.

.COLD FRONT THRU 29N177W 25N170E 27N160E MOVING SE 15 KT AND WILL 
MERGE WITH STATIONARY FRONT NOTED ABOVE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH STATIONARY FRONT. SEE ABOVE FOR 
DETAILS.

.WEAK COLD FRONT THRU 24N140W 21N147W  MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED E OF FCST AREA.

.TROUGH THRU 10N173E EQ178E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
BETWEEN 10N AND 05N FROM 180 TO 165E.

.FORECAST FRONT AND WINDS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT W OF FCST AREA. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
28N W OF 163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 30N173E 24N167E 21N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN FRONT AND 177W. ALSO WINDS 20 TO 25 KT W 
OF FRONT N OF 28N.

.HIGH 1023MB NEAR 23N149W NEARLY STATIONARY WITH RIDGE THRU 21N175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 1024MB AT 23N150W WITH RIDGE TO 21N177W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. RIDGE THRU 25N150W 22N160W 
21N172W.

.SEAS 15 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE 30N150W 25N170W 18N170E. SEAS 9 TO 13 
FT ELSEWHERE N AND E OF A LINE 22N140W 19N149W 25N158W 
14N178W...THEN S AND W OF LINE...14N178W 16N150W 06N160W EQ170W... 
THEN N OF A LINE EQ180 08N173E 08N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE 30N145W 21N170W 
23N178W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA BETWEEN 23N AND 16N FROM 148W TO 
159W...S OF 07N W OF 167E...AND S OF 03N E OF 175W. OTHERWISE SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE 30N169E 27N164E 
28N160E. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N173E 25N165E 
24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT S OF 20N BETWEEN 155W AND 175E...AND N OF 
20N E OF 175W. 

.OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 167E AND 
178E.

.ITCZ THRU 06N140W 05N158W. THERE ARE NO ACTIVE TSTMS ALONG THE ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.