Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 08:38:13 -0600

245 
ATPQ40 PGUM 041438
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST TUE FEB 5 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N154E TO 20N140E TO 
18N130E. PATCHY CLOUDS AND SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 100 
MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE.

A WEAK TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS JUST 
WEST OF THE MARIANAS OR WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE FROM 12N142E TO 
16N145E. ANOTHER WEAK DISTURBANCE IS ALSO PRODUCING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS EAST OF THE MARIANAS WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE FROM 13N149E 
TO 17N153E.

COMBINATION OF TRADE CONVERGENCE AND UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE IS 
PRODUCING NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF PALAU 
AND YAP OR WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N135E TO EQ140E AND ALSO 
IN YAP...CHUUK AND POHNPEI STATES WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
6N140E TO 4N148E TO 6N153E TO 5N160E. 

$$

MILLER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.