Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 05:42:10 -0600

511 
TXPS40 PHFO 191142
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1140 UTC SAT JAN 19 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA NEAR 23.5S 175.5E AT 19/1030 UTC BASED ON 
MTSAT 4 KM IR RESOLUTION IMAGERY AND ANIMATION. POSITION ACCURATE 
WITHIN 30 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND SPEED 115 KT. 
MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARDS 160 DEGREES AT 17 KT OVER THE PAST SIX 
HOURS.

T5.0/6.0/S/24 HOURS

REMARKS...
SYSTEM IS ACCELERATING SOUTH SOUTHEASTWARD...AND CORE CONVECTIVE 
TOPS HAVE WARMED DURING THE PAST SIX HRS. AN ERROR WAS DISCOVERED IN 
THE PRIOR FIX...WITH THE EYE NUMBER TOO LOW BY 0.5. HOWEVER...STILL 
BELIEVE FT AND CI WERE REPRESENTATIVE BASED ON MET AND PAT. FOR 
CURRENT FIX...EYE PATTERN WITH A MG SURROUNDING TEMP GIVES AN EYE 
NUMBER OF 4.5. WMG EYE WITH LG RING SUPPORTS AN EYE ADJUSTMENT OF 
0.5...YIELDING A DT OF 5.0. MET IS 5.0. PAT AGREES. CI AGAIN HELD AT 
6.0 DUE TO CONSTRAINTS.

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.