Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:27:06 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 200600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/200600Z-210600ZFEB2008//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/192351ZFEB2008//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19.5S
155.0E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 21.1S 157.2E, APPROXIMATELY 450 NM
NORTH-NORTHEAST OF BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA. PREVIOUS ANIMATED MULTI-
SPECTRAL IMAGERY AND A 191944Z SSMI MICROWAVE IMAGE SHOW IMPROVED
CONSOLIDATION OF THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) OVER THE
PAST 18 HOURS WITH DEEP CONVECTIVE BANDING WRAPPING INTO THE LLCC.
UPPER-LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE LLCC IS LOCATED WITHIN A
FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT, UNDER THE RIDGE AXIS, WITH WEAK TO MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND GOOD DIFFLUENCE ALOFT. ANIMATED WATER
VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS GOOD OUTFLOW ENHANCED BY A BROAD MIDLATITUDE
TROUGH OVER EASTERN AUSTRALIA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB. SEE REF A (WTPS21 PGTW 200000) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ALPHA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.