Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:47:46 -0600

510 
TXPS40 PHFO 291747
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1745 UTC TUE JAN 29 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE LOCATED NEAR 18.7S 174.3E AT 29/1630 UTC 
BASED ON MTSAT 4 KM RESOLUTION IR SECTOR AND ANIMATION. POSITION 
ACCURATE WITHIN 60 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND SPEED 55 
KT. MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARD 255 DEGREES AT 12 KT OVER THE PAST 6 
HOURS.

T3.5/3.5/D0.5/24 HRS

REMARKS...CENTER DIFFICULT TO LOCATE UNDER CONVECTION. CONVECTIVE 
BAND WITH WHITE TOPS WRAPS 0.6 ON A LOG10 SPIRAL...YIELDING A DT OF 
3.5. WEAK DEVELOPMENT GIVES A MET OF 4.0...WHILE PAT IS 3.5. FT 
BASED ON PAT.

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.