Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 22:11:47 -0600

184 
FZPN01 KWBC 180411
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FEB 18 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 160E AND 175E AREA OF W TO NW WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N 171W 976 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 40N BETWEEN 164W AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 151W 958 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 21 TO 33 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 
420 NM SE QUADRANTS...AND FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 140W AND 146W 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM E 
AND W... 900 NM S...AND 300 NM N QUADRANTS AND FROM 31N TO 37N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 180 WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 41N 152W 989 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 
143W AND 150W WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 41N BETWEEN 140W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 143W 974 MB...WITH A FRONT FROM 50N 
143W TO 45N 135W TO 42N 135W. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT AND 
WITHIN 180 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 42N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 
22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 54N BETWEEN 130W AND 147W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. ALSO WITHIN 120 NM E AND NE OF A LINE 
FROM 54N 136W TO 58N 140W TO 59N 147W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 13 
TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 150W 965 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 55N 135W TO 59N 148W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER...EXCEPT 600 NM E AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 176W 983 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 
167W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 157W 984 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW OF A 
LINE FROM 48N 159W TO 38N 143W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 156W 974 MB INLAND MOVING NW 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
54N 142W TO 48N 141W TO 41N 142W. N OF 54N AND E OF 
155W...WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT...AND FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 
148W AND 153W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
FORECAST LOW 52N 172W BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 172W 962 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER ICE FREE 
WATERS WITHIN 660 NM SE...480 NM SW...AND 540 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 172W 968 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND 540 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 168W 973 MB. WITHIN 660 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 57N AND W OF 173W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 57N AND W OF 175W AREA OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 40N BETWEEN 180 AND 168E AREA OF W 
TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 13 TO 20 FT.

.FROM 43N TO 59N BETWEEN 136W AND 143W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 56N BETWEEN 135W AND 142W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 32N 130W 1023 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 134W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER CLARK. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON FEB 18
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE FEB 19
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED FEB 20

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.RIDGE 30N128W 15N108W AND TROUGH 19N140W 27N135W. FROM 6N TO 
12N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. E 
OF RIDGE TO 110W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 23N110W 18N105W 3N110W EQ120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT MOVES INTO NW PORTION. N OF 27N W 
OF 135W SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS BUILDING 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  
FROM 7N TO 14N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 100W AND 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONTAL TROUGH 30N127W 23N140W. NW OF TROUGH 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0315 UTC MON FEB 18...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 8N78W 13N87W 5N110W 
6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE S OF 8N BETWEEN 86W AND 91W...AND 
WITHIN 120-180 NM N OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 118W AND 135W.

$$
FORECASTER COBB
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.