Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 19:51:28 -0600

576 
FZPN40 PHFO 090151 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI...CORRECTED
2300 UTC FRI FEB 08 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 08 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 09 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 10 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT JUST W OF FORECAST AREA THRU 30N157E 
25N150E MOVING E 45 KT. S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF 26N W OF 
164E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THRU 30N171E 26N160E MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT THRU 30N177E 23N167E 20N160E MOVING 
E 35 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 174W AND 177E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FRONT 30N167W 24N180. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT 30N156W 26N164W. COLD FRONT MOVING NE 20 KT AND WEAKENING. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 175 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.RIDGE 30N172W 24N163E MOVING E 25 KT.

E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 14N AND 21N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 18N E OF 150W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS EXCEPT IN GALE 
AREA DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 27N FROM 160W TO 175W. SEAS 12 TO 13 FT IN 
AREA N OF 20N FROM 144W TO 150W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA 
N OF 06N E OF 180. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 07N AND 20N FROM 
170E TO 180. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 15 FT N OF 27N W OF 180...AND IN AREA 
NE OF A LINE FROM 05N140W TO 05N150W TO 20N170W TO 30N170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF 25N FROM 167E TO 170W. 
SEAS9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 21N W OF 178W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN 
AREA N OF 10N E OF 162W. 

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 19N AND 22N FROM 147W TO 152W.

.ITCZ...07N140W 09N155W 04N175W 04N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 152W...WITHIN 200 NM N OF ITCZ FROM 15W 
TO 162W...AND WITHIN 150 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 168E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.