Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:42:11 -0600

148 
FZPN40 PHFO 170442
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN FEB 17 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 17 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 18 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 19 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT NW OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA NW OF A LINE 
THRU 30N166E 26N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT THRU 30N179W 23N170E 19N165E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF A LINE THRU 30N172W 28N180 26N160E. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 18 2008 NEW FRONT THRU 30N164E 
27N160E. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N173E 
25N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N180 22N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN 
AREA N OF 23N W OF 168W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING FRONT THRU 30N158W 22N180 19N166E THENCE SHEAR LINE THRU 
17N160E. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT AND SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 150W AND 158W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N152W 26N160W 24N175W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 144W AND 158W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N143W 26N151W. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH THRU 03N160E 07N165E MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 02N TO 07N IN AREA W OF 166E. 

.RIDGE THRU 30N140W 20N158W 19N176W 17N164W 18N168E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N170W 22N180 12N160E. 
ALSO SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA NE OF A LINE THRU 30N162W 10N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N148W 
26N160W 21N170W 14N180 07N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 20 FT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N175W 
24N173E 22N160E. ALSO SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE THRU 
30N175W 22N160E 18N160E 07N180 18N163W 28N140W 30N140W 30N175W. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ THRU 09N140W 07N154W 07N165W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 157W. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.