Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:34:24 -0600

450 
ATPQ40 PGUM 241434
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST FRI JAN 25 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS FROM EQ130E TO 2N155E TO EQ165E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING ALONG AND 
NORTH OF THE WESTERN PORTION OF THE TROUGH WEST OF PALAU FROM 4N TO 
8N BETWEEN 130E AND 132E...AND SOUTHEAST OF PALAU ALONG AND UP TO 75 
MILES NORTHEAST OF A LINE FROM 4N137E TO 2N140E TO 1N145E.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS FROM 23N180 TO NEAR WAKE ISLAND AT 18N168E AND 
THEN EXTENDS BACK TO NEAR 21N154E. LOW-LEVEL CLOUDINESS AND 
SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 100 MILES NORTH OF 
THIS BOUNDARY BETWEEN 154E AND 163E AND FROM 172E TO 180.

ALONG THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF OUR DISCUSSION AREA...SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND EXTENSIVE LOW-LEVEL CLOUD COVER EXISTS WITHIN THE COOL 
NORTHERLY FLOW COMING OFF OF MAINLAND CHINA. THIS AREA IS NORTHWEST 
OF A COLD FRONT THAT RUNS FROM 25N145E TO 19N130E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.