Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:37:16 -0600

518 
ATPQ40 PGUM 171537
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
130 AM CHST MON FEB 18 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN OLD COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 21N180 TO EAST OF WAKE 
ISLAND AT 20N170E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO END SOUTH OF 
GUAM NEAR 12N145E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A DEVELOPING SHEAR LINE RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N170E THROUGH 
NORTHERN MARIANAS AT 17N146E TO 14N130E AND BEYOND. EXTENSIVE 
CLOUDINESS AND RAIN ARE OCCURRING ALONG AND UP TO 500 MILES NORTH OF 
THIS BOUNDARY BETWEEN 21N155E AND 14N130E.

A LOW-LEVEL TROUGH REACHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 10N137E TO END AT 
EQ144E. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORMING 
ALONG THE TROUGH AXIS...SOUTH OF KOROR AND YAP OR SOUTH OF A LINE 
FROM 3N130E TO 10N144E TO 5N150E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM EQ162E TO 
8N165E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH 
THE TROUGH CAN BE FOUND OVER POHNPEI...KOSRAE...KWAJALEIN AND 
MAJURO. THIS AREA IS WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 2N157E TO 
6N160E TO 8N168E TO 6N172E TO 6N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.