Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:23:10 -0600

452 
ATPQ40 PGUM 131523
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST THU FEB 14 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 17N130E TO 20N135E TO 25N153E AND FARTHER 
NORTHEAST. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND NORTH OF THE 
FRONT TO 25N AND BEYOND. THE SOUTHWESTWERN END OF THE FRONT IS 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WEST OF PALAU 
BETWEEN 5N AND 14N FROM 130E TO 134E.

A SHEAR LINE STRETCHES FROM 25N164E TO JUST NORTH OF SAIPAN IN THE 
COMMONWEALTH OF THE NORTHERN MARIANAS TO 13N135E TO 12N130E. CLOUDS 
AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 150 MILES NORTH OF 
THE SHEAR LINE.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS BETWEEN THE 
EQUATOR AND 6N FROM 147E TO 163E. THIS IS SOUTH OF CHUUK AND POHNPEI 
AND JUST WEST OF KOSRAE.

A WEAK TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS PRODUCING CLOUDS AND A FEW SHOWERS 
NEAR THE MARIANAS WITHIN 120 MILES OF A LINE FROM 12N140E TO 14N147E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.