Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 18:51:04 -0600

012 
ATHW40 PHFO 030050
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN FEB 3 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC FEBRUARY 3 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NORTHWEST OF KAUAI 
CENTERED NEAR 27N 166W OR ABOUT 500 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE 
LOW WAS MOVING TO THE NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH. SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS 
CONTINUE TO FORM OVER WATER BETWEEN THE LOW AND KAUAI. THE LOW IS 
ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS THAT HAVE FORMED OVER 
THE KAUAI CHANNEL AND WATERS SOUTH OF KAUAI. A TROUGH HAS FORMED 
SOUTH OF THE STATE WITHIN THE CIRCULATION OF THE LOW AND IS MOVING 
NORTHWARD. IT IS THE APPROACH OF THIS TROUGH THAT PROMPTED THE 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TO ISSUE A FLOOD WATCH FOR THE ENTIRE 
STATE UNTIL 2 PM HST SUNDAY.

THE JET STREAM THAT WAS STATIONARY OVER MAUI THIS MORNING KEEPING 
THE VERY HEAVY RAIN OVER EAST MAUI AND THE WINDWARD BIG ISLAND IS 
SHIFTING NORTHWESTWARD TOWARDS KAUAI. THE MOVEMENT UP THE ISLAND 
CHAIN OF THE JET IS IN RESPONSE TO THE COUNTERCLOCKWISE FLOW AROUND 
THE TROUGH TO THE SOUTH. THE JET IS PRESENTLY RUNNING SOUTHWEST TO 
NORTHEAST OVER MOLOKAI.

DENSE CIRRUS CLOUDS CONTINUE TO OBSCURE THE LOW CLOUD FIELD BELOW. 
THE PRESENCE OF WIDESPREAD MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN OVER EAST HAWAII 
AND EAST MAUI...AS INDICATED BY RADAR...INDICATES THAT CLOUDS ARE 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST WITH MERGING LAYERS AND EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND 
THUNDERSTORMS.

LOW CLOUDS WEST OF THE JET STREAM ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN OVER OAHU 
AND KAUAI. ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS AND THUNDERSTORMS CAN BE SEEN 
OVER WATER MOSTLY AROUND KAUAI.
  
$$

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.