Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 04:27:05 -0600

775 
FZPN01 KWBC 181027
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 18 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 177W 962 MB MOVING N 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 45N 175W 
TO 40N 173W TO 30N 178W. WITHIN 150 NM S AND SE SEMICIRCLES AND 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 36N...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 23 TO 
30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E AND 180 NM W SEMICIRCES OF 
CENTER AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 34N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM W AND 300 NM E SEMICIRCLES 
AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 21 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 178W 955 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW AND 240 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 17 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 49N BETWEEN 171W AND 169E AND WITHIN 
600 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 179W 960 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 180 
NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM OF CENTER WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT.

...HURRICANE FORCE WINDS WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N 161E 1006 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WHILE 
RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 34N W OF 
163E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 15 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 170E 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 179W 979 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 50 TO 70 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM S QUADRANT AND 240 NM NE AND NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. ALSO S OF A LINE FROM 43N 173W TO 40N 
160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N 172E 979 MB MOVING E SE 15 KT...THEN TURNING NE 25 KT 
AFTER 24 HOURS. WITHIN 120 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 
KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE...OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 177E AND 
REMAINDER OF WATERS FROM 40N TO 45N W OF 166E...WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT...EXCEPT S OF 40N W OF 172E 18 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 177W 982 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 23 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SE 
AND 540 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 17 TO 27 
FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 168W 997 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 
SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 163W 1001 MB MOVING NW 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 180 992 MB DRIFTING W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 
NM NW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER EXCEPT 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
54N 178W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N 149W 1009 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM S 
QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 480 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 59N 145W TO 43N 
151W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT...EXCEPT S OF 55N 12 TO 
18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 59N 132W 1004 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM S AND 480 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS E OF A 
LINE FROM 54N 136W TO 44N 130W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 14 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 38N TO 42N BETWEEN 125W AND 132W...AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W...AREA 
OF N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 133W...AREA 
OF NE WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N 167E 1000 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 167E 999 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE 
WITHIN 540 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 61N 175W TO 58N 177E... 
AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 33N 151W 1012 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 660 NM NE AND 540 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
11 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 155W 1016 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 11 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.WITHIN 300 NM E OF A LINE FROM 58N 145W TO 37N 152W...AREA OF 
PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 49N BETWEEN 145W AND 161W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 144W AND 157W...AREAS 
OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 46N 134W 1039 MB DRIFTING SW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 136W 1038 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 138W 1036 MB. 

.HIGH 44N 154W 1026 MB MOVING NE 25 KT THEN TURNING MORE E IN 24 
HOURS AND SLOWING. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N 143W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N 138W 1036 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 171E 1017 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 162W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI JAN 18
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT JAN 19
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN JAN 20

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 6N TO 20N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL. N OF 23N W OF 118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 116W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS TO 8 FT. N OF 20N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 22N W OF 128W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W 12N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC FRI JAN 18...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 8N78W 4N82W 4N90W 9N117W 
6N132W 6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.