Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:45:06 -0600

954 
FZPN40 PHFO 312245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON DEC 31 2007
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 31 2007.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 01 2007.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 02 2007.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 148W 27N 152W THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 19N 162W 15N 
174W. FRONT MOVING E 20 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING SE 10 KT.  WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 168W 20N 160E 12N 160E 08N 160W 
30N 154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N 180 
17N 160E 10N 160E 12N 152W 26N 150W 25N 180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N 180 
17N 160E 08N 160E 08N 170W 08N 140W 17N 140W 25N 160W 25N 180.

RIDGE 30N 179E 26N 160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 8 FT OF LESS S OF 08N W OF 175W.  SEAS 14 TO 17 FT BETWEEN 14N 
AND 24N BOUNDED BY 167W AND 172E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 06S W OF 175W.  SEAS 14 TO 
17 FT BETWEEN 10N AND 23N BOUNDED BY 163W AND 167E. ELSEWHERE...SEAS 
9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE 05S W OF 170E. SEAS 
14 TO 17 FT OVER AREA BOUNDED BY 22N 167W 22N 164E 13N 163E 07N 176E 
14N 165W. ELSEWHERE...SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.

ITCZ...08N 140W 08N 158W 07N 176W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 160W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.