Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:28:40 -0600

030 
ATHW40 PHFO 080028
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE JAN 8 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 8 2008

A FRONTAL BOUNDARY ABOUT 700 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI WAS 
MOVING EAST NEAR 15 MILES AN HOUR.  THE LEADING EDGE OF THE FRONTAL 
CLOUD BAND EXTENDED THROUGH 30N 165W AND THROUGH 21N 180.  A FEW... 
SPARSE AND WEAK THUNDERSTORMS DOTTED THE LEADING EDGE OF THE BAND. 

A SECOND FRONTAL BAND IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING AND CATCHING UP TO THE 
FIRST FRONTAL BAND.  THE SECOND FRONTAL CLOUD BAND WAS ABOUT 175 
MILES WIDE...MORE THAN TWICE AS WIDE AS THE FIRST BAND.  BUT THE 
SECOND BAND WAS VOID OF THUNDERSTORMS.  THE TWO BANDS LOOKS AS IF 
THEY MAY MERGE IN THE NEAR FUTURE. 

IN THE AREA BETWEEN THE FRONTS AND 160W LONGITUDE...ISOLATED PATCHES 
OF MOSTLY SCATTERED CUMULUS CLOUDS WERE FLOWING NORTHEASTWARD.  
EAST OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS OUT TO 140W...LOW CLOUDS WERE MOVING 
TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AND NORTH.  OVER THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...LOW 
CLOUDS WERE MOVING NORTHWARD.  HOWEVER...IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF THE 
STATE...LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT WAS TOWARD THE WEST.

A BAND OF SHOWERY...MOSTLY BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS SAT ABOUT 190 MILES 
NORTHEAST OF THE ISLAND CHAIN.  THIS CLOUD BAND WAS CENTERED ALONG 
A LINE FROM 26N 156W TO 22N 151W TO 21N 142W.  PATCHES OF MOSTLY 
SCATTERED CUMULUS WERE SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST OF THE STATE.  BUT 
ELSEWHERE AROUND THE ISLAND CHAIN...FEW CLOUDS WERE NOTED OVER THE 
SURROUNDING COASTAL WATERS.  MOST OF THE CLOUDS SEEN THIS AFTERNOON 
WERE DIRECTLY OVER THE ISLANDS DUE TO DAYTIME HEATING.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.