Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:30:36 -0600

497 
ATHW40 PHFO 250030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI JAN 25 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 25 2008

FEW LOW CLOUDS WERE NOTED OVER THE WATERS IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING 
THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS AFTERNOON.  SEVERAL SMALL CLUSTERS OF 
BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS WERE JUST EAST AND SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND 
WITH A FEW PATCHY CLOUDS IN THE ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL.  AND THERE WAS 
A SMALL PLUME OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS STREAMING OFF SOUTH MAUI NEAR 
THE MAKENA AREA TO OVER KAHOOLAWE.  BUT SKIES WERE MOSTLY CLEAR 
ELSEWHERE.  MANY OF THE PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS SEEN NORTHEAST AND 
EAST OF THE STATE WERE DISSIPATING ABOUT 120 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE 
ISLANDS AS THEY FLOWED TOWARD THE WEST-SOUTHWEST.

OVER THE LAND AREAS OF THE STATE...KAUAI HAD BROKEN TO SCATTERED LOW 
CLOUDS DOTTING MOST AREAS.  THE BIG ISLAND HAD BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
LOW CLOUDS ALONG THE KONA SLOPES AND OVER THE NORTHEAST SLOPES 
MAINLY BETWEEN HONOKAA...WAIMEA AND WAIPIO.  MAUI HAD A SMATTERING 
OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS AND ALONG THE 
NORTHEAST SLOPES OF HALEAKALA CRATER.  A SMALL LOW CLOUD PLUME FROM 
WEST MAUI WAS FLOWING NORTHWESTWARD TO EAST MOLOKAI.  SKIES WERE 
SUNNY MOST ELSEWHERE STATEWIDE.

A NARROW BAND OF TOWERING CUMULUS ALONG WITH A FEW POSSIBLE ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS STRETCHED FROM 30N 158W TO 26N 154W TO 25N 148W.  A 
SMALL JET STREAM OR JETLET WAS FLOWING EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD DIRECTLY 
OVER THIS AREA.

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH ROUGHLY TROUGH 30N 174W TO 19N 177W WAS 
PRODUCING A LARGE SWATH OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WEST OF THE 
STATE.  A FEW WISPS OF CIRRUS FROM THIS REGION WAS FLOWING EASTWARD 
OVER AN UPPER RIDGE AND PASSING JUST NORTH OF THE STATE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.