Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 22:10:02 -0600

693 
FZPN01 KWBC 030409
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FEB 03 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 38N 155E 971 MB. W OF A LINE 
FROM 43N 160E TO 40N 166E TO 33N 167E TO 30N 163E...WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 173E 958 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
46N 173E TO 47N 177E TO 44N 179W TO 40N 180 TO 30N 171E. BETWEEN 
60 NM AND 180 NM W QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 24 TO 42 FT. ALSO FROM 36N TO 
43N BETWEEN 167E AND 179E...AND WITHIN 240 NM W SEMICIRCLE...AND 
WITHIN 180 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 39N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 
14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM S...420 NM W...360 NM N AND 
780 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 31N 179E 1015 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 163W 1014 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E OF A 
LINE FROM 42N 162W TO 36N 167W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM E OF A LINE FROM 44N 163W TO 34N 
172W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 146W 985 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 17 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM S AND 180 NM W SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 
23 FT. ALSO FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 140W AND 153W...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N 176W 992 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 46N 
168W TO 37N 175W. WITHIN 300 NM S...SW AND NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT 
N OF 40N...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S SEMICIRCLE...180 NM NW AND 300 NM NE QUADRANTS...AND 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 170W 988 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 
25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM OF CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO FROM 47N TO 60N BETWEEN 173E AND 
160W...AND FROM 44N TO 51N BETWEEN 142W AND 160W...WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 167W 996 MB. 
WITHIN 240 NM N AND 180 NM S SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 48N TO 54N BETWEEN 160W AND 
171W...AND FROM 54N TO 61N W OF 160W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 164E 982 MB MOVING E 5 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND BETWEEN 55N AND 59N W OF 180...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 40N W OF 180...WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 168E 992 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS NW OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 127W 993 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 
50N 148W...40N 142W...38N 131W...44N 126W...50N 140W...50N 
148W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 
NM S OF A LINE FROM 50N 148W TO 50N 140W TO 44N 124W...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 125W 
AND 131W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 
45N E OF 135W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N AND E OF 126W...WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 44N TO 49N BETWEEN 156W AND 161W...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 58N BETWEEN 160W AND 172W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 57N BETWEEN 160W AND 173W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 58N 145W 996 MB MOVING NE 5 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER 
EXCEPT S QUADRANT...ALSO N OF 50N BETWEEN 146W AND 153W...WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 141W 1000 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 155W AND 174W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 52N BETWEEN 142W AND 160W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 36N 151W 1035 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 144W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 141W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 37N 158E 1021 MB MOVING E 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 178W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 159W 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN FEB 3
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON FEB 4
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE FEB 5

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS
TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 5N TO 26N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 
FT. N OF 28N BETWEEN 117W AND 122W NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 15 
FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 23N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT. N OF 28N BETWEEN 116W AND 135W NW WINDS 
20 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 5N W OF 110W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 21N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. N OF 27N W OF BAJA TO 126W NW TO N WINDS 
20 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N SW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N W WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC SUN FEB 3...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 3N78W 4N110W 5N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.