Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:40:52 -0600

864 
TXPS40 PHFO 272340
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2340 UTC SUN JAN 27 2008

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12F LOCATED NEAR 16.5S 178.9E AT 27/2230 UTC
BASED ON MTSAT 2 KM VIS AND 4 KM RESOLUTION IR SECTOR AND ANIMATION. 
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 60 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND 
SPEED 35 KT. MOVEMENT WAS 220 DEGREES AT 8 KT OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS.

T2.5/2.5/D0.5/24 HRS

REMARKS...CONVECTIVE BANDING ON THE EAST QUADRANT WRAPS 0.4 ON A 
LOG10 SPIRAL...YIELDING A DT OF 2.5. BOTH MET AND PAT AGREE. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.