Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:45:07 -0600

470 
FZPN40 PHFO 240445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU JAN 24 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 24 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 25 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 26 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
LOW N OF FCST AREA ASSOCIATED FRONT THRU 30N178W 24N176E 20N167E 
19N160E MOVING E 20 KT. ALSO...TROUGH E OF FRONT THRU 30N176W 
24N179W 21N176E MOVING E SLOWLY. S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 150 NM E 
OF TROUGH N OF 28N. ALSO WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF 23N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 175E. SCATTERED TSTMS BETWEEN FRONT AND 172W N OF 
24N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 30N169W 24N173W 20N180. S WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. COLD FRONT BECOMING 
STATIONARY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT THRU 30N170W 24N175W 20N180. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST S WINDS INCREASING TO 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N W OF 
165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT NR 30N160E. S WINDS 20 TO 35 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N W OF 167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N171E 27N167E 22N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
TROUGH THRU 28N152W 25N148W 23N142W MOVING SW 12 KT. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH.

SHEAR LINE THRU 29N151W 27N145W 25N140W MOVING W 10 KT.
SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 70 NM EITHER SIDE OF SHEAR LINE.

WEAKENING RIDGE THRU 24N170W 18N174E MOVING E SLOWLY.

E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 18N AND 10N FROM 150W TO 
175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS IN AFFECTED 
AREA. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT BETWEEN 18N AND 07N FROM 155W TO 175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 18N 
AND 05N FROM 157W TO 175W.

ELSEWHERE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS ELSEWHERE 9 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE...26N165W 20N160E. SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT N OF 25N E OF 152W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE 30N167E 27N160E. SEAS 
9 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE 30N167W 24N175W 20N168E. SEAS 9 TO 12FT N OF 
A LINE...10N140W 10N145W 22N148W 30N158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 30N173E 25N166E 
23N160E. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE...27N165W 20N174W15N177E.
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 27N165W 23N156W 20N149W.
SEAS 9 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE 25N140W 25N149W. 

OTHERWISE SEAS 9 FT OR LESS.

ITCZ...08N140W 04N155W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.