Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:45:09 -0600

808 
FZPN40 PHFO 250445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI JAN 25 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 25 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 26 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 27 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT THRU 30N162E 27N160E MOVING E 25 KT. S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
N OF A LINE THRU 30N170E 26N160E. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 30N170E 22N160E. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS 9 TO 22 FT N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT THRU 30N177E 23N168E. WINDS 20 KT OR 
LESS. SEAS 9 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE THRU 30N180 20N170E 16N160E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT THRU 30N171W 17N180 MOVING E SLOWLY. S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
9 TO 14 FT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF FRONT N OF 24N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N169W 22N174W. SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
9 TO 12 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN FRONT AND 156W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK TROUGH THRU 30N172W 20N175W.

.TROUGH 26N156W 21N144W MOVING SW 10 KT. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT WITHIN 300 NM NE OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM NE OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 24N157W 19N154W. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT WITHIN 300 NM NE OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT WITHIN 300 NM 
OF A LINE THRU 30N172W 21N165W 15N150W.

.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 27N140W 30N146W MOVING SW 10 KT.
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 25N140W 30N150W. N WINDS 25 TO 
30 KT SEAS 9 TO 20 FT N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS 20 KT OR LESS. 
SEAS 9 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE THRU 20N140W 23N150W 30N158W.

.RIDGE 30N174E 21N160E MOVING E 15 KT.

.RIDGE 30N161W 22N173W MOVING E SLOWLY.

.RIDGE 30N145W 27N140W MOVING SW 10 KT.

SEAS 9 TO 12 FT FROM 06N TO 16N BETWEEN 155W AND 174W.

WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS S OF 06N W OF 168W.

ITCZ...07N140W 05N160W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.