Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:48:40 -0600

633 
FQPS01 NFFN 211800    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE Jan 212000 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNING GALE WARNING 051 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 21/1913
UTC 2008 UTC.
IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 25S 172W 22S 172W 22S 161W 25S 161W 25S 172W
EXPECT EASTERLY WINDS 30 TO 35 KNOTS. AREA OF GALES SLOW MOVING. 
THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 050.

GALE WARNING 052 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 21/2032 UTC 2008 UTC.
TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11F [996HPA] CENTRE WAS ANALYSED NEAR 15.0S
166.2W AT 211800UTC SLOWLY MOVING. POSITION POOR. EXPECT CLOCKWISE
WINDS 25 TO 35 KNOTS WITH POSSIBLE GUSTS UPTO 45 KNOTS WITHIN 300
MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTRE. AREA OF GALES MOVING WITH TROPICAL
DPRESSION.
THIS WARNING IS THE FIRST TO BE ISSUED FOR THIS SYSTEM.

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 221800 UTC.

 TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11F [996HPA] NEAR 15.0S 166.2W SLOW MOVING.
POSITION POOR. OUTSIDE GALE WARNING AREA 052 EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS
20 TO 25 KNOTS WITHIN 360 MILES OF CENTRE. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS.
MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS. 

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 06S 160E 08S 170E 10S 180 10S 170W 15S 164W TO
TD11F SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 150 MILES OF CZ1. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWESTERLY WINDS 25
TO 30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS UPTO 35 KNOTS. ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE TO HEAVY
SWELLS.

TROUGH T1 10S 160E 12S 170E 14S 177E 12S 176W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES OF
T1.

TROUGH T2 20S 176E 16S 180 14S 170W TO TD11F SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120
MILES OF T2.

WEAK TROUGH T3 10S 146W 15S 140W 18S 135W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN ISOLATED SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 080 MILES OF
T3.

FRONT F1 16S 170W 19S 165W 21S 155W 25S 150W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES OF F1. 
 
OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF EQUATOR AND NORTH OF 20S BETWEEN 170E AND
160W, MODERATE NORTHERLY SWELLS.

OVER BROAD AREA OUTSIDE OF GALE WARNING AREAS 051 AND 052, EAST OF
180, EXPECT NORTHEAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. ROUGH SEAS.
MODERATE SWELLS.

SOUTH OF EQUATOR EAST OF 140W, MODERATE SOUTHWESTERLY SWELLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.