Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 10:06:33 -0600

452 
FZPN01 KWBC 031606
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 03 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 38N 156E 970 MB. FROM 31N TO 41N 
AND W OF 167E...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 161E 962 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 165E 957 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
S QUADRANT...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 24 TO 40 FT. ALSO FROM 32N 
TO 46N AND W OF 179E...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 47N AND W OF 177W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 179W 962 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 360 NM 
S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 26 TO 42 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 
NM NW...420 NM NE AND SW...600 NM E AND S...AND 720 NM SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
35N TO 54N BETWEEN 158W AND 166E...WINDS 25 TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 33N 176W 1013 MB MOVING NE 45 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 156W 1000 MB. WITHIN 120 NM W AND 180 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 36N TO 49N BETWEEN 150W AND 161W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 
TO 16 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 146W 981 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 240 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
240 NM SE...300 NM W AND 360 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 26 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 137W 973 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 240 NM 
W AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT 
SEAS 22 TO 38 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM W AND SE...AND 480 NM S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM NW...300 NM NE...600 NM SW AND 720 NM SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 173W 984 MB MOVING N 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N 161W 
TO 36N 172W. WITHIN 240 NM N AND 300 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S AND 540 NM 
N QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 420 NM SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 172W 987 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 
NM N AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN 162W AND 178W...WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 55N TO 61N BETWEEN 163W 
AND 176E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 166E 984 MB MOVING N 5 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM E AND 780 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 55N 165E 992 MB. WITHIN 300 NM 
S AND 360 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS WELL NW OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N 131W 1001 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM W AND 960 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. S OF 42N E OF 130W...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 39N BETWEEN 119W AND 129W...WINDS LESS 
THAN 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N 143W 992 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 300 NM SE...420 
NM SW AND 540 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 142W 1004 MB. FORECAST CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 57N 167W TO 59N 179W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 161W TO 57N 172W TO 60N 
179W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN 133W AND 150W...WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 52N 137W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.FROM 41N TO 49N BETWEEN 147W AND 164W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 50N BETWEEN 136W AND 157W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 160W AND 169W...ALSO 
FROM 47N TO 51N BETWEEN 171W AND 180 DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.

.HIGH 36N 149W 1036 MB WILL MOVE NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 140W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 134W 1032 MB. 

.HIGH 36N 177E 1023 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 169W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 150W 1032 MB.

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN FEB 3
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON FEB 4
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE FEB 5

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS
TO 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 7N TO 10N BETWEEN 98W AND 110W E WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL...HIGHEST TO THE WEST.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 6N AND S OF A LINE FROM 20N110W TO 9N100W 
E WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN E TO NE SWELL...HIGHEST 
TO THE NORTH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 8N AND S OF A LINE FROM 17N110W TO 8N105W 
WINDS E TO NE WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL. S 
OF 8N BETWEEN 105W AND 110W E TO SE WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.

.W OF 108W AND S OF A LINE FROM 3N130W 7N108W SE WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL...HIGHEST TO THE NORTH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF A LINE FROM 6N110W TO 5N130W SE WIND LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 9 FT IN NE SWELL...HIGHEST TO THE NORTH. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 6N W OF 130W E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL W OF 132W AND N SWELL E OF 132.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF A LINE FROM 7N110W 6N140W E TO SE WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT...EXCEPT E TO SE TO 20 KT S OF 4N W OF 134W. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.

.N OF LINE FROM 26N114W TO 29N140 W TO NW WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL...HIGHEST TO THE E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 20N110W 30N128W W TO NW WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT S OF 27N AND NW TO N 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL...HIGHEST TO THE N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 17N110W 30N124W N WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT...HIGHEST TO THE NW.

.N OF LINE FROM 3N130W 7N108W S OF LINE FROM 20N110W TO 29N140W 
AND W OF 110W NE WINDS NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT W OF 129W AND TO 20 
KT E OF 129W. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT W OF 129W AND 8 TO 12 FT E OF 
129W...HIGHEST TO THE W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF LINE FROM 20N110W 30N128W N OF LINE FROM 
6N110W 6N140W AND W OF 110W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OF 124W 
AND TO 20 KT E OF 124W SEAS 10 TO 14 FT W OF 124W AND 8 TO 12 FT 
E OF 124W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF LINE 17N110W 30N124W N OF LINE FROM 
7N110W 6N140W AND W OF 110W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT S OF 26N W OF 
124W SEAS 8 TO 12 FT...HIGHEST TO THE W. ELSEWHERE NE WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT...HIGHEST TO THE W.

.6 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC SUN FEB 3...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 2N78W 5N96W 6N115W 3N140W. 
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER KIMBERLAIN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.