Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 04:45:34 -0600

817 
FZPN40 PHFO 031045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN FEB 03 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 03 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 04 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 05 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N180 26N174E 24N170E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.

.18 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF FORECAST 
WATERS.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
28N W OF 166E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NEAR NW CORNER OF FORECAST WATERS.  WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 27N W OF 168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N176E 27N171E...SECOND FRONT 30N163E 
28N160E.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.  SEAS 14 TO 18 FT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 163E AND 174E.

.RIDGE 30N169W 25N180 23N173E NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE 
WEST.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 08N AND 28N E OF 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 08N AND 24N E OF 
155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 08N AND 22N E OF 
155W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 22N W OF 170E AND S OF 03S E OF 170E. 
ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 28N W OF 170W AND S OF 06N 
BETWEEN 165W AND 170E.  ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 06N W OF 165W AND BETWEEN 
03N AND 24N W OF 170W.  ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT EXCEPT AS NOTED 
WITH FORECAST FRONT IN SECTION ABOVE.

.ITCZ...07N140W 05N179E.  07N160W 07N178E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM N OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 152W AND 158W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.