Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:51:31 -0600

298 
FZPN01 KWBC 151550
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 15 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N 180 964 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 49N 171W TO 40N 162W TO 30N 172W. WITHIN 180 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 22 TO 35 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 
NM SW AND 300 NM SE QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM N AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 
NM N AND SE AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 360 NM N AND E 
OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 173W 966 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 420 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM N...720 NM NW AND 900 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 166W 967 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND 720 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM W AND NW AND 900 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 156W 982 MB WITH FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 40N 152W TO 30N 160W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 43N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 146W 996 MB WITH FRONT FROM 57N 144W TO
50N 144W TO 40N 145W TO 31N 158W. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
41N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 
NM E OF FRONT N OF 41N AND 360 NM E OF FRONT S OF 41N...AND 
WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N 160E 983 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 1080 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 29 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 35N TO 43N AND W OF 
170E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 25 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
WITH LOW 49N 173W ABOVE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N 176E 989 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 660 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 65N 147W 984 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S 
QUADRANT... WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA WITH CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N 130W 1011 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 164W 979 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND 
480 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 167W 983 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E AND 420 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 45N 158W 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 
540 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 
FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED WITH LOW 52N 166W ABOVE.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 150W TO 55N 165W TO 59N 179E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 56N 170W TO 56N 175E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW AND N OF LINE FROM 57N 170W TO 55N 179W TO 
57N 175E AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 43N AND E OF 128W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 33N TO 40N BETWEEN 164W AND 169W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 48N BETWEEN 149W AND 157W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 58N BETWEEN 135W AND 149W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.

.HIGH 38N 134W 1028 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 131W 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N 127W 1029 MB.

.HIGH 39N 146W 1025 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 33N 131W 1025 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI FEB 15
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT FEB 16
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN FEB 17

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 12N TO 16N BETWEEN 125W AND 135W  NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 8N TO 12N BETWEEN 128W AND 134W
NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS 11 FT.

.N OF 27N E OF 118W  NW WIND 20 KT  SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  ELSEWHERE N OF 8N W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 
20 KT  SEAS TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...
NE TO E WIND 20 KT  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  NE WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 6N E OF 80W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA 
WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1445 UTC FRI FEB 15...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...9N84W 4N95W 5N120W 110N133W 
9N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 N OF AXIS FROM 114W TO 124W 
AND WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS FROM 133W TO 136W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.