Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:39:31 -0600

471 
WWPS21 NFFN 070300
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 07/0538 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07F [1008HPA] ANALYSED NEAR 18.0S 175.5W AT
070300UTC AND IS SLOW MOVING. POSITION FAIR BASED ON MTSAT VIS/IR
IMAGERY WITH ANIMATION AND PERIPHERAL SURFACE OSERVATION WITH SST
AROUND 28-29 DEGREE CELCIUS.
THERE IS A MORE DEFINITE ORGANISATION IN THE CONVECTION SURROUNDING
THE SYSTEM , MORE SO AROUND THE EASTERN HALF. THE CYCLONIC
CIRCULATION IS EVIDENT FROM THE SURFACE TO 250HPA WITH THE LLCC
PARTLY EXPOSED. 07F IS LOCATED IN A LOW TO MODERATE SHEAR ENVIRONMENT
WITH GLOBAL MODELS [AVN,EC,GFS] PICKING UP THE SYSTEM WITH VERY
LITTLE INTENSIFICATION AND MOVING IT SLOWLY TOWARDS THE SOUTWEST.

POTENTIAL FOR THE SYSTEM TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS MODERATE.     

NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN
THE AREA.           

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.