Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 21:54:14 -0600

204 
FZPN01 KWBC 050354
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 05 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 49N 130W 957 MB MOVING N 15 
KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT 
SEAS 28 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 54N BETWEEN 
120W AND 145W...AND 1200 NM SW QUADRANT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 55N 128W 972 MB. WITHIN 1200 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
48N 125W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 49N 157E 990 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 33N TO 49N 
W OF 166E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 160E 977 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST NW OF AREA 52N 164E 975 MB. WITHIN 
240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 42N 164E TO 55N 177W...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N 162E 976 MB. N OF 48N W OF 
175W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 178W 990 MB. FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 
164W AND 178E...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 164W 965 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N AND W 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 900 NM SE...660 NM SW...540 NM NW...AND 480 NM NE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 160E 1001 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 170E 988 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 240 
NM S SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 175E AND 165E...AND 600 NM SW QUADRANT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 148W 972 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 840 NM 
W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 141W 972 MB. WITHIN 900 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 25 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 147W 986 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 600 
SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 178W 1000 MB MOVING 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 420 NM S 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
35N TO 39N BETWEEN 159W AND 177W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 170W 1001 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A 
LINE FROM 35N 141W TO 40N 153W...AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND 180 NM 
S SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 45N 164W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N 175E 991 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SW 
QUADRANT...AND 300 NM E AND N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N 162E 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 57N 163W TO 61N 178W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 161W TO 61N 
174W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 155W TO 57N 163W TO 61N 
174W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 48N 126W 996 MB. FROM 30N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 123W AND 137W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

.FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 158W AND 175W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 146W AND 156W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 30N 162W 1025 MB MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.HIGH 46N 174E 1012 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N 166W 1013 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 160E 1019 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 177W 1015 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT JAN 05
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN JAN 06
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON JAN 07

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 10N100W
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W 8N90W...INCLUDING
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 3N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 
115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 16N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W E TO SE WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...FROM 5N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 110W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 16 FT 
IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W 
E TO SE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN MERGING NW AND NE 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...WITHIN 90 NM LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
FROM 6N TO 11N BETWEEN 93W AND 115W NE TO E WINDS 2O TO 25 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
MERGING NE AND E SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 11N97W 10N112W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
10 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN MERGING NW AND E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W 13N95W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
FROM 8N TO 12N BETWEEN 105W AND 120W E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 12 
FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM EQUATOR TO 13N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
MIXED NW AND E SWELL. 

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 6N E OF 93W...INCLUDING
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 8N E OF 93W NE WINDS 20 KT
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 93W
NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.

.N OF 4N BETWEEN 78W TO 84W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 6N FROM 79W TO 81W
N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 15N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MERGING NW AND E SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 15N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. FROM EQ TO 7N W OF 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND E SWELL. S OF 8N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N AND NE SWELL.

.N OF 29N W OF 120W W TO SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 15N TO 28N WEST OF 120W WINDS
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W OF 120W W WINDS 20 KT SEAS 12 TO
20 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 15N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC SAT JAN 5...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N77W 4N85W 4N92W 6N110W 9N128W 
6N140W. SCATTERED STRONG FROM 9N TO 10N BETWEEN 129W AND 131W...
AND FROM 8N TO 9N BETWEEN 128W AND 129W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN A 15 NM TO 20 NM RADIUS OF 12N123W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER MT
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.