Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:26:53 -0600

667 
FZPN01 KWBC 121626
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 12 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 174W 942 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 45N 
175W TO 45N 170W TO 42N 166W TO 36N 167W TO 30N 172W. FROM 38N 
TO 42N BETWEEN 170W AND 180...WINDS 60 TO 75 KT SEAS 28 TO 48 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 43N BETWEEN 168W AND 176E...AND 
BETWEEN 60 NM AND 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 60 KT SEAS 
20 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 180 NM N AND 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
33N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 
NM W...720 NM SW...900 NM SE...660 NM E...420 NM N...360 NM NW 
AND 540 NM W QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 360 NM NE AND 480 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 164W 952 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 56N 
159W TO 55N 152W TO 50N 140W TO 36N 155W. WITHIN 480 NM S AND 
420 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 48 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 
TO 25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 820 NM S...540 NM W...540 NM N AND 600 NM 
E QUADRANTS...ALSO WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT SEAS 15 TO 30 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 155W 970 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE...420 NM 
SW...360 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS AND 480 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 36 FT...WITH HIGHEST 
SEAS NEAR 52N 151W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM OF CENTER...EXCEPT 
OUT TO 900 NM S QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE OF A FRONT 
FROM 53N 134W TO 38N 148W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 25 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF A FRONT FROM 48N 
155E TO 44N 160E TO 42N 161E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 60N 160W TO 45N 165E TO 34N 170E TO 
30N 170E...WINDS 25 TO 50 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 172E 964 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 50N 
160E TO LOW CENTER TO 35N 177E TO 30N 170E. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM NE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 34N...AND S OF 37N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 178W...AND FROM 35N TO 46N BETWEEN 166E AND 
178W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 138W 979 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 51N TO 55N BETWEEN 
133W AND 141W...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 48N TO 57N BETWEEN 128W AND 143W...AND WITHIN 240 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...ALSO FROM 47N TO 52N BETWEEN 140W AND 153W...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 50N TO 54N BETWEEN 171E AND 180 WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 
TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 34N TO 41N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 11 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 122W AND 130W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 127W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 41N W OF 164E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 57N 175E TO 54N 172W TO 54N 161W TO 56N 155W 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 60N 180 TO 56N 170W TO 56N 
160W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 35N TO 44N BETWEEN 162W AND 166W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 55N BETWEEN 143W AND 154W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM SE AND E OF A LINE FROM 55N 136W 
TO 44N 143W AREA OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 
NM. 

.HIGH 38N 142W 1031 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 135W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 129W 1031 MB. 

.HIGH 37N 160E 1020 MB MOVING SE 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 176W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 157W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE FEB 12
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED FEB 13
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU FEB 14

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 10N TO 17N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 7N W OF 117W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N128W 22N140W NE WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 9N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N123W 19N140W NE WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N117W 7N140W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS BUILDING TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC TUE FEB 12...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 3N77W 6N95W 5N100W 8N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W AND 107W. 

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.