Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:17:00 -0600

639 
ATPQ40 PGUM 121516
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST SUN JAN 13 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN OLD SHEAR LINE RUNS WESTWARD FROM 22N180 TO 20N153E. SCATTERED 
LIGHT SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THIS 
BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 3N130E TO 
EQ145E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH 
THE TROUGH ARE OCCURRING SOUTH OF KOROR...YAP AND CHUUK OR SOUTH OF 
A LINE FROM 8N130E TO 6N134E TO EQ157E. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER POHNPEI WITHIN 70 MILES OF A LINE FROM 6N155E TO 
5N158E TO 7N160E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO FOUND FROM KOSRAE 
ACROSS THE MARSHALL ISLANDS TO THE DATELINE BETWEEN 4N AND 10N FROM 
161E TO 180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.