Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:40:25 -0600

837 
FZPN40 PHFO 080440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI FEB 08 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 08 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 09 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 10 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS. NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THROUGH 30N 162E 28N 160E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 25 TO 30 
KT WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT AND W OF FRONT N OF 27N. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N 179E. NEW COLD FRONT 30N 
167E 25N 160E MOVING E 30 KT. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N WITHIN 
180 NM E OF FRONT AND W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N W OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FRONT 30N 177W 27N 180 22N 170E. WIND 
WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.COLD FRONT 30N 163W 26N 170W 26N 180 MOVING E 20 KT AND WEAKENING. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT 30N 152W 26N 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATING 30N 148W.

.TROUGH 13N 152W 06N 154W MOVING N SLOWLY. NE TO SE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT FROM N END OF TROUGH AT 13N 152W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 15N 152W 09N 151W. NE TO SE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT FROM N END OF TROUGH AT 15N 152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE IN POSITION OF TROUGH AND WINDS.

.RIDGE 30N 152W 26N 164W MOVING E 15 KT.

.RIDGE 30N 179E 25N 170E 21N 160E MOVING EAST 15 KT.

E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 20N E OF 152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS EXCEPT NEAR TROUGH 
AT 15N 152W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF 28N W OF 170E. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT N OF LINE 30N 
170E 24N 170W 22N 160W 26N 150W... AND FROM 08N TO 22N E OF 150W. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT REMAINDER OF AREA EXCEPT SEAS 7 FT S OF 27N W OF 
164E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NORTH OF LINE 26N 172E 26N 160W 
30N 153W. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT N OF 13N E OF 158W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF 04N E OF LINE 30N 177W 18N 170E 09N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 17 FT N OF LINE 24N 160E 25N 170E 28N 
177W...SEAS HIGHEST N PART. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT E OF 168W. SEAS 9 TO 10 
FT FROM 13N TO 25N BETWEEN 168W AND 178W AND FROM 04N TO 16N BETWEEN 
168E AND 180. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS. 

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 10N TO 14N BETWEEN 144W AND 148W... 
AND WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 17N 164W.

.ITCZ...07N 140W 09N 140W AND 09N 155W 06N 170W 05N 170E 04N 160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 143W AND 
147W... AND BETWEEN 158W AND 161W AND W OF 170E... ALSO WITHIN 60 NM 
S OF ITCZ BETWEEN 156W AND 153W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.