Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:02:24 -0600

999 
FZPN01 KWBC 042202
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FEB 04 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 40N 165E 959 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 360 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 70 KT SEAS 24 TO 
44 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM S...540 NM E AND 600 NM SE QUADRANTS 
AND 360 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 32 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 48N AND W OF 173W...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 178W 961 MB WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 52N 180 TO 52N 168W TO 47N 162W TO 36N 170W. BETWEEN 120 NM 
AND 360 NM SW QUADRANT...BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 45 
TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 44 FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...BETWEEN 180 NM AND 720 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS...AND 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 32 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM SE...780 NM N AND NE AND 840 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 167W 978 MB. FROM 45N TO 52N BETWEEN 
155W AND 177E...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 24 TO 44 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND W OF 150W BETWEEN 54N AND A LINE 
FROM 45N 150W TO 44N 171W TO 50N 170E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
16 TO 32 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 150W 1004 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N 154W. WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT AND 180 NM W OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 145W 994 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 139W 985 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 56N 131W 974 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 
TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 480 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF 43N AND E OF 150W...AND WITHIN 180 NM SE OF FRONT FROM 43N 
152W TO 38N 162W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 173W 989 MB NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. WITHIN 240 
NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT AND 360 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
49N 178W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N 161E 1007 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 
SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 178E 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT 
AND 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 171W AND 171E...WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W...NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 46N AND E 
OF 130W...AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 39N AND E OF 125W... 
AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 57N 157W TO 57N 166W TO 59N 180...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 55N 139W 1001 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 43N TO 55N BETWEEN 
129W AND 142W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N 131W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 45N AND W OF 170E...SW WINDS TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 134W AND 152W...AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.FROM 39N TO 44N BETWEEN 179E AND 175E...AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 48N BETWEEN 155W AND 165W...ALSO 
FROM 48N TO 52N BETWEEN 169W AND 180...AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 135W AND 152W...AREA 
OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 38N 140W 1036 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 135W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 139W 1036 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 35N 147W 1034 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 36N 139W.

.HIGH 40N 163W 1028 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N 145W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH FORECAST HIGH 36N 139W. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N 167E 1019 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON FEB 04
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE FEB 05
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED FEB 06

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 6N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N 
WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 9N TO 20N W OF 119W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT. 
FROM 7N TO 9N BETWEEN 132W AND 140W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEA 9 TO 
11 FT IN NE SWELL. COLD FRONT 30N112W 25N115W 26N118W 26N128W. 
WITHIN 240 NM S OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL. N OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 6N W OF 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 116W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 8N TO 11N W 
OF 129W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. COLD 
FRONT E OF AREA.  N OF 21N W OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM EQ108W 
21N113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT NE 
TO E SWELL W OF 135W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 118W AND 128W N TO NE WINDS 
20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. S OF 28N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 
30N118W 13N110W EQUATOR AT 119W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. S OF 23N AND W OF 110W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 29N NW WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1800 UTC MON FEB 4...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 5N77W 3N85W 5N97W 
4N110W 7N120W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 5N TO 
10N BETWEEN 119W AND 125W.

$$
FORECASTER KIMBERLAIN/CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.