Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 04:47:08 -0600

030 
FZPN40 PHFO 301047
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED JAN 30 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 30 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 31 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 01 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT 30N178E 27N168E.  ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN60 NM OF FRONT E OF 173E.

.FRONT NW OF FORECAST AREA.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA NW OF A 
LINE 27N160E 30N165E.
.WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N W OF 167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N W OF 166E.

.RIDGE 30N168W 26N180 25N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 24N W OF 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 14N AND 18N W OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 16N AND 26N W OF 165W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 20N W OF 170E AND S OF 10N W OF 172W.  
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS MOSTLY 8 FT OR LESS W OF A LINE 30N 180 20N 
170E 10N 170E EQ180.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 26N BETWEEN 163W AND 
177W...AND BETWEEN 18N AND 28N W OF 170E...ALSO S OF 07N W OF 170E.

.ITCZ...08N140W 07N156W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.