Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 06:29:27 -0600

015 
ATHW40 PHFO 041229
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI JAN 04 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 04 2008

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY OVERNIGHT SHOWS DRIER AIR MOVING OVER THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WITH RIDGING TO THE NORTH.

THE TWO BANDS OF LOW CLOUDS MENTIONED EARLIER TONIGHT REMAIN 
UPSTREAM OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE SOUTHERN BAND HAS SHIFTED 
SOUTH A BIT WITH IT/S WESTERN END JUST SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND 
AT 2 AM. THIS BAND EXTENDS ABOUT 620 MILES TO THE EAST NORTHEAST. 
THE NORTHERN BAND HAS ALSO SHIFTED SOUTH...WITH THE WESTERN EDGE OF 
THE BAND ALONG THE EASTERN SHORES OF OAHU...MOLOKAI...MAUI...AND 
BEGINNING TO BRUSH THE EASTERN SHORES OF THE BIG ISLAND. THIS BAND 
NOW EXTENDS ROUGHLY 900 MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS. 

ANOTHER LARGE AREA OF STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS IS SINKING SOUTH TOWARDS 
THE ISLANDS. AT 2 AM...THE SOUTHERN EDGE OF THIS CLOUD AREA LIES 
ALONG A LINE FROM 23.5N 149.5W TO 22.5N 158.3W TO 22.0N 
162.0W...PLACING THE EDGE ABOUT 20 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI. AS THE 
CLOUDS MOVE SOUTH OF 23N...THEY BEGIN TO MOVE FROM THE EAST 
NORTHEAST AROUND 20 MPH. THIS AREA OF CLOUDS EXTENDS ABOUT 550 MILES 
TO THE NORTH...AND STRETCHES FROM 150W TO THE DATELINE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.