Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:00:18 -0600

127 
ATPQ40 PGUM 120300
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST TUE FEB 12 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N165E TO 22N153E. A WARM 
FRONT EXTENDS FROM 22N153E TO A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 
22N142E. A COLD FRONT STRETCHES FROM THE CIRCULATION TO 17N139E THEN 
CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE SOUTHWESTWARD TO 11N130E. EXTENSIVE 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING ALONG AND UP TO 200 
MILES NORTH OF THE BOUNDARIES.

A WEAK CIRCULATION IS LOCATED NEAR 5N130E. A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH 
RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM THIS CIRCULATION TO END AT EQ135E. LOW-LEVEL 
CONVERGENCE NORTH OF THE TROUGH IS PRODUCING CLOUDS AND SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ACROSS PALAU AND YAP BETWEEN 5N AND 10N FROM 130E TO 140E.

CONVERGENT TRADE-WINDS ARE COMBINING WITH DIVERGENT UPPER-LEVEL 
WINDS TO GENERATE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 
150 MILES OF A LINE THAT STRETCHES FROM 13N149E TO 5N155E TO 4N173E. 
THIS AREA INCLUDES CHUUK...POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND PORTIONS OF THE 
MARSHALLS.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.