Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:05:34 -0600

021 
FXPQ60 PGUM 122005
AFDPQ 

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
605 AM CHST WED FEB 13 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
PGUA WSR-88D SHOWS A FEW SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE NORTHERN EDGE
OF A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE APPROACHING FROM THE EAST.
OTHERWISE...MOSTLY SUNNY TO PARTLY CLOUDY AND JUST ISOLATED
SHOWERS SEEMS TO BE THE WAY OF THINGS THIS MORNING.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
NORTHERN EDGE OF TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE WILL JUST GRAZE GUAM AND
ROTA TODAY. RAINFALL AMOUNTS WILL BE SMALL...AND PERHAPS NOT EVEN
MEASURABLE. WINDS...AND INDEED EVERYTHING...LOOKED SIMILAR ENOUGH
TO THE PREVIOUS PACKAGE THAT NO CHANGES WERE NECESSARY.

LOOKING AT SATELLITE...AM LEFT IN SOME DOUBT THAT THE MOSTLY
CLOUDY CONDITIONS CALLED FOR FROM THURSDAY TO FRIDAY NIGHT WILL
ACTUALLY MATERIALIZE. SINCE I JUST GOT BACK FROM TEMPORARY
DUTY...LEFT IT ALONE FOR NOW AND WILL JUST PASS MY FEELINGS ALONG
TO THE DAY SHIFT.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
EXPECT MODERATE TO FRESH TRADES AND MAINLY ISOL SHOWERS ACROSS THE 
AREA DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD. TRADE-WIND REGIME WILL PERSIST WITH 
NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS DISCUSSIONS. 

LATEST WAVE WATCH DATA SHOWS A N SWELL ARRIVING IN THE AREA BETWEEN 
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. HOWEVER...IT MAY NOT REACH ADVISORY-LEVEL FOR 
ANY OF THE ISLANDS AS SWELLS MAY BE AT A 5 TO 6 FT RANGE. WILL 
MONITOR THIS SITUATION AS CONDITIONS MAY CHANGE IN THE NEXT 36 HOURS.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
FAVORABLE WEATHER IS EXPECTED OVER THE ISLANDS THROUGH THE FORECAST 
PERIOD. WET WEATHER MAY REMAIN TO THE SOUTH OF CHUUK AND KOROR IN 
THE NEXT 48 TO 72 HOURS...AND MAY NOT IMPACT LOCAL CONDITIONS. A 
NORTH SWELL OF 5 FEET WILL REACH CHUUK BY THURSDAY, BUT MAY NOT 
REACH ADVISORY LEVEL...BUT WILL HAVE TO MONITOR THIS ACTIVITY AND
MAY REQUIRE ADVISORY FOR CHUUK.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

STANKO/BAQUI

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.