Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 02:32:52 -0600

512 
FQPS01 NFFN 170600    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE EQUATOR to 25S between 160E and
120W 
issued by Fiji Meteorological Service Jan 170800 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNINGHURRICANE WARNING 021 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan
17/0707 UTC 2008 UTC.
TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA CENTRE [970HPA] CATEGORY 2 WAS LOCATED NEAR 15
DECIMAL 3 SOUTH 169 DECIMAL 5 EAST AT 170600 UTC. POSITION FAIR. 
REPEAT POSITION 15.3 SOUTH 169.5 EAST AT 170600 UTC.CYCLONE MOVING
EAST AT ABOUT 12 KNOTS BUT EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY MOVE SOUTHEAST IN
THE NEXT 12 HOURS.CYCLONE INTENSIFYING.EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 55
KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE INCREASING TO 65 KNOTS WITHIN THE NEXT 18
HOURS.EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 35 MILES OF CENTRE.EXPECT
WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 120 MILES OF CENTRE.         
FORECAST POSITION NEAR 16.4S 171.0E AT 171800 UTC                    
  
              AND NEAR 17.5S 172.0E AT 180600 UTC.
ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC
AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.
THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 020.

GALE WARNING 022 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 17/0809 UTC 2008 UTC.
SOUTH OF A LINE 25S 158W 23S 156W 22S 154W 22S 151W 25S 153W EXPECT
EASTERLY WINDS 30 TO 35 KNOTS. AREA OF GALES MOVING SOUTHWEST AT 15
KNOTS. 
THIS IS THE FIRST ISSUE FOR THIS AREA.

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 180600 UTC.

 TROPICAL CYCLONE TC FUNA [970HPA] CATEGORY 2 NEAR 15.3S 169.5E AT
170600UTC MOVING EAST AT 12 KNOTS. POSITION FAIR. OUTSIDE THE WARNING
AREA EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 25 TO 30 KNOTS WITHIN 200 MILES OF THE
CENTRE. VERY ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS SWELL.

WEAK LOW L1 [1002HPA] NEAR 18S 158W.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 10S 160E 11S 165E TO TC FUNA SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 200 MILES OF CZ1.

TROUGH T1 15S 160E 15S 165E TO TC FUNA TO 16S 175E 18S 180 25S 175W
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN RAIN AND SQUALLY THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
150 MILES OF T1.

TROUGH T2 13S 173W 10S 165W 15S 154W TO L1 SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF
T2.

FRONTAL SYSTEM F1 FROM L1 TO 25S 175W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN
OCCASIONAL SHOWERS OR ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES OF F1.

WITHIN 150 MILES OF CZ1, EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWESTERLY WINDS 20
TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS UPTO 30 KNOTS. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS.
MODERATE SWELLS.

SOUTH OF 10S AND EAST OF 175W EASTERLY WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS AND UPTO
30 KNOTS AT TIMES, BECOMING EAST TO NORTHEASTERLY 20 TO 25 KNOTS IN
AREA SOUTH OF 20S BETWEEN 170W AND 175W.

OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 10S BETWEEN 170E AND 160W MODERATE EAST TO
SOUTHEASTERLY SWELLS.
OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF EQUATOR AND EAST OF 160W, MODERATE SOUTH TO
SOUTHWESTERLY SWELLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.