Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 22:40:07 -0600

397 
FZPN40 PHFO 100440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN FEB 10 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 10 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 11 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 12 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND COLD FRONT NEAR 30N160E. LOW MOVING NE. 
FRONT MOVING E 40 KT. W OF 175E N OF 28N WINDS 35 TO 45 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS. WINDS 25 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE W OF 180 N OF 23N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N179E 25N170E 23N160E. WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 24N FROM 168W TO 168E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N177E 22N170E CONTINUING AS A STATIONARY FRONT 
20N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 25 KT WITHIN 300 NM OF 
FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N164W 24N177W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT 30N158W.

.TROUGH 18N156W 11N154W NEARLY STATIONARY. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN AREA FROM 13N TO 17N E OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
BETWEEN 09N AND 20N E OF 156W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH WEAKENED. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 
17N E OF 152W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 20N E OF 152W. 

.WEAKENING FRONT 30N155W 28N150W MOVING N 10 KT.

.RIDGE 30N161E 25N 169E MOVING E 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N 179W 1017 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH N OF FORECAST AREA.

.RIDGE 30N141W 28N150W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.RIDGE 29N160W 25N170W 22N 180 21N 175E MOVING E SLOWLY AND ERODING 
FROM THE W.

.SEAS 9 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE 30N 174W 25N 170E 23N 160E... 
SEAS HIGHEST N. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT IN AREA N OF 22N BETWEEN 145W AND 
162W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE E OF 170W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 18N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 19 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 166W AND 
170E...AND N OF 28N W OF 165E. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 
160W 21N 180 19N 160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 06N E OF OF 
167W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 26 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 154W 26N 
170W 25N 170E 29N 160E. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 
150W... AND SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 10N E OF 170E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF 
AREA.

.ITCZ...08N140W 07N160W 05N180 05N160E. IN ADDITION TO TSTMS 
MENTIONED NEAR TROUGH... ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF 
ITCZ E OF 153W. AND WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ W OF 180.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.