Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 04:47:18 -0600

495 
FZPN40 PHFO 161047
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT FEB 16 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 16 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 17 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 18 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST NW OF FORECAST AREA.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N W OF 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N164E 29N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 35 KT N OF A 
LINE 25N160E 27N170E 30N175E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT 30N161W 26N170W 20N160E.  FRONT MOVING EAST 10 KT N OF 27N 
...REMAINDER OF FRONT MOVING E SLOWLY.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
150 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N159W 24N180.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
150 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N151W 28N154W 25N163W.  WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE THRU 30N148W 20N161W 19N 160E 19N172W 18N163E MOVING E 15 KT 
N OF 25N AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE.

.SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE 24N160E 24N 170E 30N180.  SEAS 8 FT OR 
LESS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 14N160E 26N170W 26N160W 18N160W 10N175E 
EQ 175E EQ160E 14N160E.  ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE 30N150W 05N160E.  
ELSEWHERE SEAS MOSTLY 8 FT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 30N180 25N160E.  SEAS 
8 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE 30N140W EQ160E.  ELSEWHERE SEAS MOSTLY 8 TO 
14 FT. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ 07N140W 08N147W 06N160W 07N180 04N162E.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 162E AND 172E.  ISOLATED 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 145W AND 154W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.