Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:16:04 -0600

354 
ATPQ40 PGUM 111515
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST SAT JAN 12 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS WESTWARD FROM 25N180E TO 25N161E...THEN 
CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 24N149E. CLOUDINESS WITH PATCHY LIGHT 
RAIN AND EMBEDDED SHOWER ACTIVITY ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 230 
MILES NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 6N130E THROUGH 
SOUTH OF PALAU NEAR 4N134E TO EQ143E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND IN THE VICINITY OF THE TROUGH AXIS SOUTH OF 
PALAU BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND A LINE FROM 6N130E TO 4N148E. SIMILAR 
WEATHER ARE ALSO SEEN NORTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS WITHIN 50 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 6N142N THROUGH SOUTH OF YAP NEAR 8N138E TO 11N133E...AND 
BETWEEN 10N AND 16N FROM 130E TO 139E. HIGH-LEVEL CLOUDINESS FROM 
EARLIER CONVECTION IS LINGERING BETWEEN 20N AND 25N FROM 130E TO 
140E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS ACROSS A VAST 
AREA FROM EAST OF CHUUK ACROSS POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND THE SOUTHERN 
MARSHALL ISLANDS TO THE DATELINE. THIS AREA IS BETWEEN 3N AND 9N 
FROM 153E TO 180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.