Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:00:06 -0600

323 
ATHW40 PHFO 090500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED JAN 09 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC JANUARY 09 2008

LOW CEILINGS ARE DISSIPATING ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE THIS EARLY 
EVENING.  NONETHELESS...BROKEN CLOUDS REMAIN OVER MAUKA AND INTERIOR 
SECTIONS OF KAUAI...OAHU AND WEST MAUI...AND UPSLOPE AREAS OF EAST 
MAUI AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS IS ALSO EVIDENT 
OVER UPSLOPE SECTIONS OF THE KONA AND KOHALA DISTRICTS ON THE BIG 
ISLAND.  CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ELSEWHERE OVER THE 
ISLES.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST/SOUTHEAST AT 15 TO 20 
MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND VEERS TOWARD THE SOUTH OR 
SOUTH/SOUTHWEST AT LESS THAN 10 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

EXCEPT FOR BROKEN LOW CLOUDS JUST NORTH OF THE HAMAKUA DISTRICT ON 
THE BIG ISLAND...IMMEDIATELY EAST OF EAST MAUI...AND SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS SOUTH OF MAUI NEAR KAHOOLAWE...SKIES ARE 
MAINLY CLEAR IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

THE LEADING EDGE OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITH A COLD FRONT 
IS 275 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AS OF THIS WRITING.  NEAR 30N...THE 
FRONT HAS BEEN MOVING TOWARD THE EAST NEAR 25 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX 
HOURS.  SOUTH OF 25N...THE BOUNDARY IS HEADING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 10 
TO 15 MPH.  IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC...MOST OF THE BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDINESS WITH THE FRONT IS CURRENTLY BOUNDED 
BY 30N163W 30N156W 24N164.5W 18.5N180 21N180 AND 27N167.5W.

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE 
ACTIVITY IS BOUNDED BY 13.5N168W 11.5N158.5W 07N147W 06N149W 
08.5N160.5W AND 07.5N173.5W.  THE CONVECTION HAS CHANGED LITTLE IN 
AREAL COVERAGE OR INTENSITY OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.