Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 04:10:56 -0600

608 
FZPN01 KWBC 091010
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 09 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 164W 971 MB MOVING E 20 KT WILL TURN MORE NE IN 18 
HOURS. FRONT FROM LOW TO 46N 157W TO 45N 151W. BETWEEN 240 NM 
AND 480 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 34 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM S AND 540 NM W QUADRANTS AND 240 NM N 
AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 151W 990 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY FORECAST LOW 
55N 133W MENTIONED BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 37N 171E 998 MB WILL MOVE E 35 KT. WITHIN 420 NM W AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 167W 1000 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 149W 982 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S AND 300 NM N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 160E 1006 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 168E 998 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 175E 982 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 19 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 179E 980 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 22 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM SW AND 480 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 50N 156E 994 MB. WITHIN 300 
NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 162E 974 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA. W OF A LINE FROM 43N 160E TO 
56N 180...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 56N 137W 988 MB WILL MOVE NW 
15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM W AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
16 TO 27 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 147W 988 MB. WITHIN 540 NM W QUADRANT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 148W 992 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 140W 978 MB. WITHIN 720 NM E AND 420 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 133W 996 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 170W TO 60N 179W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 160W TO 56N 165W TO 60N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 55N 163W TO 60N 
170W...LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 36N TO 50N BETWEEN 130 AND 150W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 52N AND BETWEEN 126W AND 
145W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 45N 172E 1014 MB WILL MOVE SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N 180 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED JAN 09
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU JAN 10
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI JAN 11

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 6N TO 18N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 14 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 20N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 5N W OF 115W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC WED JAN 09...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...4N77W 8N85W 5N95W 7N110W 
6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER DGS
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.