Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:55:13 -0600

027 
ATPQ40 PGUM 150255
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST TUE JAN 15 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS BETWEEN 6N 
AND 10N FROM 148E TO 155E AND BETWEEN 3N AND 7N FROM 155E TO 180. 
THIS AREA COVERS PORTIONS OF CHUUK...POHNPEI AND KOSRAE STATES AND 
THE MARSHALL ISLANDS.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 3N130E TO EQ152E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FORMING ALONG AND NEAR THE TROUGH 
CAN BE FOUND SOUTH OF PALAU BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 4N FROM 130E TO 
140E AND BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 5N FROM 145E TO 150E. LOW-LEVEL 
CONVERGENCE NORTH OF THE TROUGH IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS NEAR 
PALAU BETWEEN 5N AND 9N FROM 130E TO 138E. 

A COLD FRONT ENTERS THE DISCUSSION AREA NEAR 25N163E AND EXTENDS TO 
23N156E. IT CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 19N140E. AREAS OF LOW 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES 
NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY.

$$

ZIOBRO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.