Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:22:26 -0600

139 
FZPN01 KWBC 211622
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 21 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 21. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 22. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICAN FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 49N 169W 976 MB MOVING N 30 KT. ASSOCIATED FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 53N 169W TO 51N 163W TO 46N 161W TO 37N 163W. WITHIN 180 NM 
W QUADRANT AND 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 
TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM OF CENTER...AND WITHIN 120 NM 
NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N 165W 980 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 420 NM 
SE QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM OF CENTER...EXCEPT OUT TO 600 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.  

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 166E 992 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM CENTER 
TO 40N 170E TO 35N 164E. WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 
120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 37N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT...AND FROM 40N TO 49N W OF 
170E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 175E 999 MB WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER 
TO 50N 180 TO 51N 170W TO 42N 174W. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND WITHIN 240 NM S OF FRONT W OF 170W...ALSO WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 150W 1008 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 165E 991 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 180 
NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
S OF 39N W OF 174E...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 177E 983 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N...300 NM 
NE AND 360 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 15 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM N...600 NM E AND 360 NM S 
SEMICIRCLES...ALSO FROM 32N TO 44N BETWEEN 171W AND 179E...WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ALSO S OF 50N BETWEEN 168W AND 
170E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 36N TO 41N BETWEEN 168W AND 177W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 37N AND 47N BETWEEN 124W AND 
132W...AREA OF WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 45N BETWEEN 125W AND 131W...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 125W 1016 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 125W 1015 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 600 
NM W AND NW QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 162E 997 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. N OF 47N W OF 
164E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 162E 1004MB. FROM 46N TO 52N W OF 
170E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 168E 999 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N AND W 
OF 170W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N AND W 
OF 161W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 59N 151W 1021 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. N OF 48N BETWEEN 145W AND 
150W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 44N TO 59N BETWEEN 144W AND 152W...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 50N TO 59N BETWEEN 143W AND 151W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 54N 136W 1033 MB MOVING S 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N 137W 1033 MB 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 33N 180 1023 MB MOVING NE 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 164W 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N 157W 1041 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON JAN 21
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE JAN 22
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED JAN 23

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.N OF 13N FROM 94W TO 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WIND 
30 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WIND BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 
12N102W NE WIND 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 12 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N FROM 94W TO 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WIND 25 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. FROM 6N 
TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 104W NE TO E WIND 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8  TO 
12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N FROM 94W TO 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 10 FT. FROM 6N TO 
13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W NE TO E WIND 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 5N TO 13N BETWEEN 100W AND 115W NE TO E 
WIND 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WIND 
20 OT 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 125W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 20N W OF 120 NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 17N W OF 130W NE WIND 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WIND LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC MON JAN 21...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...8N83W 4N105W 6N120W 7N140W.
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER DGS
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.