Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:45:12 -0600

129 
FZPN40 PHFO 030445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU JAN 03 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 03 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 04 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 05 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 27N 166W 12N 147W 09N 162E 
20N 162E 27N 166W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 23N FROM 155W 
TO 180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 11N AND 20N FROM 153W 
TO 170W.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

STATIONARY FRONT THRU 30N 162E 29N 160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 168E 25N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 168E 24N 160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.

WEAK COLD FRONT THRU 26N 140W 25N 142W MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED E OF AREA.

WEAK TROUGH THRU 26N 146W 28N 150W MOVING ESE 25 KT.
.24 HR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

WEAK TROUGH THRU 22N 145W 18N 146W MOVING W 10 KT.
.24 HR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

HIGH 1027 MB NEAR 30N 169W NEARLY STATIONARY.  RIDGES FROM HIGH THRU 
27N 160W 25N 146W AND THRU 29N 180 25N 160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

SEAS 14 TO 17 FT BETWEEN 09N AND 21N FROM 167W TO 168E.  SEAS 8 FT 
OR LESS SW OF LINE THRU 08N 160E EQ 174E...E OF LINE THRU 22N 140W 
16N 146W 13N 140W...AND N OF 27N FROM 166W TO 180.  ELSEWHERE... 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 06N W OF 168E...AND N OF 
26N FROM 162W TO 174W.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 25N FROM 155W TO 171W. 
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

ITCZ...09N 140W 09N 155W 09N 173W 06N 171E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 300 NM N AND 120 NM S OF ITCZ E OF 155W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE
FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE
LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE 
LETTERS/ WITH
ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO [email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.