Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 16:45:11 -0600

694 
FZPN40 PHFO 012245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI FEB 01 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 01 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 02 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 03 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT THRU 30N167E 25N160E MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT N OF 28N E OF 180. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N177E 24N170E THENCE STATIONARY FRONT 
THROUGH 21N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 26N 
BETWEEN E OF 178W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT THRU 30N176W 27N180. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. ASSOCIATED SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN ARE N OF 
28N E OF 175W. 

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 19N TO 28N IN AREA E OF 170W...FROM 
08N TO 12N BETWEEN 165W AND 150W...AND FROM 05N TO 20N BETWEEN 170W 
AND 
175E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 10N E OF 
164W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 07N TO 28N IN AREA E OF 
160W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA NW OF A 
LINE THRU 30N166E 27N160E. 

.RIDGE THRU 30N165W 25N180 24N160E NEARLY STATIONARY BUT SLOWLY 
ERODING FROM THE WEST.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160W 20N170E 07N170E EQ178E 
08N140W 30N140W 30N160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N170W 10N164E 
10N140W 30N140W 30N170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N170W 20N170W 
03N140W 30N140W 30N170W. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ...08N140W 08N160W 05N178E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 
ITCZ AND 10N E OF 175W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.