Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 09:15:33 -0600

900 
ATPQ40 PGUM 201515
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST MON JAN 21 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N175E TO 20N165E...THEN 
WESTWARD TO 21N150E AND TURNS NORTHWESTWARD TO END AT 24N140E. 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES 
NORTH OF THIS FRONTAL BOUNDARY.
 
A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM THE ABOVE COLD FRONT AT 
20N164E THROUGH JUST NORTH OF SAIPAN TO END AT 15N140E. PATCHY 
CLOUDS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE. THIS AREA INCLUDES THE NORTHERN MARIANA 
ISLANDS FROM ANATAHAN NORTHWARD TO AGRIHAN.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES EASTWARD FROM 3N130E THROUGH A 
WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED SOUTH OF CHUUK NEAR 3N152E TO END AT 
EQ161E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING 
ALONG THE TROUGH AXIS BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 5N FROM 136E TO 163E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORMING NORTH OF THE 
TROUGH AXIS SOUTHEAST OF YAP BETWEEN 5N AND 9N FROM 139E TO 
143E...AND OVER CHUUK WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 9N151E TO 
10N160E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER 
POHNPEI...NORTH OF KOSRAE AND WEST OF MAJURO...OR WITHIN 100 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 8N159E TO 7N165E TO 5N170E TO EQ172E.

$$ 

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.