Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:39:13 -0600

336 
ATHW40 PHFO 150039
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE JAN 15 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 15 2008

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS SEEN SPINNING FAR TO THE NORTH NORTHEAST OF 
THE STATE NEAR 30N 146W. ITS ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N 
142W 22N 143W 16N 160W. DEEP CONVECTION IS SEEN NEAR THE LOW CENTER 
AND ALONG THE FRONT NORTH OF 26N. THE REST OF THE FRONT CONSISTS OF 
MAINLY STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUD ELEMENTS. THE FRONT IS PRESENTLY 
MOVING SLOWLY TOWARD THE EAST SOUTHEAST. 

BEHIND THE FRONT IS A BROAD FIELD OF STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS 
THAT ARE MOVING DOWN FROM THE NORTH NORTHEAST. THESE CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING IN OVER WINDWARD AND NORTH FACING SHORELINES. THIS IS CAUSING 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER MOST OF KAUAI AND OAHU BUT THERE 
ARE SOME BREAKS IN THE LOW CLOUDS ESPECIALLY OVER OAHU. MOST OF THE 
NORTH FACING SLOPES OF MOLOKAI WERE CLOUD COVERED WHILE LANAI HAD
JUST A FEW PATCHES OVER NORTHERN INTERIOR SECTIONS. OVER ON MAUI LOW 
CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE NORTH...EAST AND SOUTH SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE WEST MAUI 
MOUNTAINS. OVER ON THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE 
LOWER SLOPES OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOW FROM WINDWARD NORTH KOHALA 
SOUTHWARD THROUGH THE PUNA DISTRICT. DAYTIME HEATING HAS ALSO CAUSED 
LOW CLOUDS TO BUILD UP OVER THE KONA AND KAU SLOPES.

A BROAD SWATH OF HIGH CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE SEEN STREAMING BY MAINLY TO 
THE SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS IN UPPER LEVEL WESTERLY FLOW. THE NORTHERN 
EDGE OF THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE OCCASIONALLY CLIPPING THE SOUTHERN 
HALF OF THE BIG ISLAND.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.