Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:24:18 -0600

526 
TXPS40 PHFO 161724
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1722 UTC WED JAN 16 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA NEAR 14.9S 165.9E AT 16/1630 UTC BASED ON 
MTSAT 4 KM RESOLUTION IR IMAGERY AND ANIMATION. POSITION ACCURATE 
WITHIN 45 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND SPEED 45 KT. 
MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARDS 080 DEGREES AT 05 KT OVER THE PAST 6 
HOURS.

T3.0/3.0/D1.5/24 HOURS

REMARKS...DEEP CONVECTION HAS BEEN PULSING NEAR AND TO THE NORTH OF 
THE CENTER. THE LOG10 SPIRAL HAD A WRAP OF 0.6...WHICH YIELDS 
A DT OF 3.0. PT AND MET AGREE. FT BASED ON DT AND USED FOR CI.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.