Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:45:09 -0600

313 
FZPN40 PHFO 062245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED FEB 06 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 06 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 07 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 08 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST DEVELOPING WARM FRONT 28N160E 25N166E.  WINDS 20 
TO 35 KT N OF 25N W OF 166E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT MOVED N OF AREA.  COLD FRONT 30N163E 
28N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF LINE 30N173E 25N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N172E 26N165E 22N160E.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 
20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N179W 28N178E 25N171E MOVING E 25 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.  SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE 30N171W 28N171W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N166W 26N171W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 KT OR 
LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT 30N155W 27N166W.

.DEVELOPING COLD FRONT 30N173E 28N169E MOVING ESE 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.RIDGE 30N165W 25N175W 23N174E MOVING 20 KT N OF 25N AND NEARLY 
STATIONARY ELSEWHERE.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 08N AND 26N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 24N E OF 145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DECREASED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE 30N160E 20N179W 30N166W.  SEAS 8 FT OR 
LESS S OF 10N W OF 169E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 REST OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS MAINLY 8 TO 14 FT ENTIRE AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE 28N176E 
21N160E.  SEAS 8 TO 13 FT REST OF AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE 26N155W 18N160W 
14N159W.

.ITCZ...09N140W 09N152W 07N163W 05N175E 04N160E.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 163W AND WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ W OF 
175E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.