Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 08:13:35 -0600

139 
ATPQ40 PGUM 131413
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST MON JAN 14 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH UNDULATES EASTWARD FROM 5N130E TO 2N135E TO 
3N143E TO END AT EQ152E. CONVERGENT WEST WINDS ARE GENERATING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG THE EQUATOR SOUTH OF KOROR...YAP AND 
CHUUK...OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 3N130E TO 3N140E TO EQ150E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS JUST 
SOUTHEAST OF YAP BETWEEN 6N AND 9N FROM 139E TO 142E.

ANOTHER TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER 
THE CNMI NORTH OF SAIPAN BETWEEN 16N AND 18N FROM 144E TO 148E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF CHUUK BETWEEN 3N AND 7N FROM 146E TO 154E AND 
OVER POHNPEI BETWEEN 4N AND 9N FROM 154E TO 162E. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
ARE FOUND OVER MAJURO AND JUST SOUTH OF KWAJALEIN BETWEEN 4N AND 8N 
FROM 166E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N148E TO BEYOND 130E AT 
20N. PATCHY CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND 
NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY TO BEYOND 25N.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.