Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 03:50:51 -0600

408 
FZPN01 KWBC 260950
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 26 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 163E 963 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
900 NM NE AND 1140 NM SE...AND 960 NM S QUADRANTS OVER FORECAST 
WATERS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 168E 964 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 600 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM SE SEMICIRCLE OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 176E 973 MB. WITHIN 1080 NM SE AND 
1020 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 57N 135W 982 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 55N 129W 993 MB. N OF 44N BETWEEN 
131W AND 145W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 125W 992 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SW AND 540 
NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 36N 131W 996 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 38N 
124W TO 34N 125W TO 30N 127W. WITHIN 540 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 21 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 180 NM SE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN POSITION NEAR 34N 127W 
999 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 143W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 
22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 
125W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 56N AND E OF 138W MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E OF A LINE FROM 59N 143W TO 52N 134W LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 161W AND 169W AREA OF S TO SE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM NW AND W OF A LINE FROM 48N 156W 
TO 35N 162W AREA OF S TO SW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N 172E 1013 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
46N 176W TO LOW CENTER TO 33N 172E. WITHIN 120 NM NW SEMICIRCLE 
AND 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT N OF LOW CENTER...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 

.FROM 38N TO 49N BETWEEN 156W AND 175W AND FROM 41N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 179W AND 170E DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY 
BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 57N BETWEEN 153W AND 173W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 146W AND 154W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 42N 153W 1037 MB MOVING S 10 KT...SLOWING AFTER 24 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 153W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 153W 1033 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N 167E 1020 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N 168W 1030 MB.

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT JAN 26
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN JAN 27
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON JAN 28

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.STATIONARY FRONT 30N127W 24N140W. N OF 27N W OF 135W NW TO N 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. N OF 26N WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
FRONT SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA 32N127W. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
300 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...W OF FRONT NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS 13 TO 19 FT IN NW SWELL. WITHIN 360 NM SE OF FRONT S TO 
SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT 30N122W 18N130W. EXCEPT AS 
NOTED IN WARNINGS...W OF FRONT NLY WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT N OF 20N AND 9 TO 14 FT S OF 20N. N OF 22N WITHIN 240 NM E 
OF FRONT S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N BETWEEN 116W AND 132W W WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 116W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 17 FT W OF 124W AND 8 TO 12 FT 
BETWEEN 116W AND 124W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 20N116W 10N125W NE WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 116W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 117W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 122W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 122W N TO NE TO 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.

.FROM 9N TO 11N E OF 92W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 
20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST 9N TO 11N E OF 92W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 7N TO 11N BETWEEN 
92W AND 115W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN E SWELL.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC... 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.N OF 6N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS
TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 21N TO 24N E OF 110W...INCLUDING GULF OF CALIFORNIA...NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC SAT JAN 26...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 4N78W 5N105W 9N120W 8N140W.
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.