Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 03:42:04 -0600

912 
FZPN01 KWBC 130941
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FEB 13 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.FROM 35N TO 43N W OF 161E AREA OF SE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 11 
TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 49N 161E TO 30N 168E AREA 
OF E TO SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N 171E 972 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
51N 161E TO LOW CENTER. WITHIN 120 NM NE QUADRANT AND SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS...180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 180 NM NE OF FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 
TO 21 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM NE...900 NM SE...AND 540 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...AND 360 NM NE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 
TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 176E 961 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 22 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM NE...480 NM SE...780 NM SW...AND 540 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...AND 420 NM E OF FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 47N 173W TO 35N 
166W TO 30N 176W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 167W 950 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 48 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM NE...1020 NM SE...840 NM SW...AND 600 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 30 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 158W 967 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 59N 
141W TO 53N 137W TO 35N 151W. WITHIN 360 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT SEAS 26 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM NE...600 
NM SE...780 NM SW...AND 660 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 18 TO 36 FT. ALSO OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N 152W 978 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 660 NM SE AND 540 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
16 TO 29 FT. ALSO WITHIN 180 NM SE AND E OF FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
54N 131W TO 45N 139W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND 131W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 122W AND 131W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 121W AND 130W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 121W AND 131W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 41N W OF 164E AREA OF W TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 47N 156E 979 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 960 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 18 TO 
30 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 55N 174W TO 56N 163W MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 179E TO 55N 170W TO 55N 
164W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 179E TO 57N 170W TO 57N 
166W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 53N TO 56N BETWEEN 133W AND 139W AREA OF W TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT SEAS 19 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 37N TO 53N BETWEEN 145W AND 157W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 57N 140W TO 49N 
141W TO 42N 145W AREA OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY 
BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 38N BETWEEN 164W AND 168W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 40N 137W 1033 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 130W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 32N 174E 1018 MB MOVING NE 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 170W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 150W 1025 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 42N 131W 1028 MB.

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED FEB 13
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU FEB 14
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI FEB 15

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.NW OF LINE 30N127W 23N140W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 
FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. FROM 11N TO 16N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N115W 
8N108W 6N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N127W 17N140W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N117W 7N130W 
7N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 29N115W 20N115W 5N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS N OF 27N 
AND FAR NW PORTION.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS SEAS 
BUILDING 8 TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N FROM 94W TO 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC WED FEB 13...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...4N77W 6N97W 4N112W 6N125W 
5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 120-180 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF THE AXIS E OF 84W TO THE COAST OF COLOMBIA...
AND WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 96W AND 111W. 

$$
FORECASTER COBB
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.