Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:45:11 -0600

018 
FZPN40 PHFO 151645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE JAN 15 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 15 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 16 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 17 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

LOW 1004MB N OF FORECAST AREA NEAR 32N 146W. N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N BETWEEN 147W AND 158W...AND S 
TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N E OF 143W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 146W AND 156W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING LOW N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

COLD FRONT 30N 179W 25N 171E...CONTINUING AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH 
23N 160E. COLD MOVING E 30 KT AND SHEAR LINE MOVING SE SLOWLY. SW 
WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. ALSO...NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM N OF SHEAR LINE W OF 165E. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 171W 26N 175W...CONTINUING AS A 
SHEAR LINE THROUGH 23N 171E. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM N 
OF SHEAR LINE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT 30N 162W 26N 170W 24N 179E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

TROUGH 23N 141W 23N 143W 15N 153W NEARLY STATIONARY.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 19N BETWEEN 152W AND 
170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 17N 
W OF 168W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT JUST NW OF NW FORECAST WATERS. W TO 
SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 174E.

RIDGE 29N 160E 26N 168E MOVING E 20 KT.

RIDGE 30N 163W 26N 170W 23N 176E MOVING E SLOWLY.

RIDGE 30N 160W 21N 153W MOVING E SLOWLY.

SEAS 9 TO 20 FT IN AREA N OF 09N E OF 149W...AND IN AREA BETWEEN 
149W AND 177E. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF 05N W OF 177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 170W AND 175E. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF 05N W OF 175E. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN AREA 
E OF 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 145W AND 176E. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 06N W OF 176E. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA 
FROM 09N TO 20N E OF 145W. 

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF 
AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 03N TO 09N W OF 170E.

ITCZ...05N 140W 05N 160W 05N 170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
150 NM OF ITCZ W OF 174W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.