Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:45:09 -0600

765 
FZPN40 PHFO 290445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE JAN 29 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 29 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 30 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 31 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT 30N174E 26N167E THENCE SHEAR LINE THRU 22N160E. FRONT MOVING 
E 20 KT. SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT AND SHEARLINE DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NW OF AREA. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT NW OF LINE 
30N164E 28N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N163E 29N160E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS. 

.RIDGE 30N168W 27N179W 24N167E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 27N E OF 173W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 25N E OF 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 26N E OF 175W. 

.SEAS 13 TO 15 FT N OF 10N BETWEEN 157W AND 180. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF 05N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT E OF 180...AND SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
BOUNDED BY 30N180 EQ180 10N175E 20N170E 30N177E 30N180. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT E OF 180...AND BOUNDED BY 30N180 
EQ180 10N173E 20N172E 30N180. 

.REST OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 143W AND 149W. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.