Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 22:45:09 -0600

492 
FZPN40 PHFO 130445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN JAN 13 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 13 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 14 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 15 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT 30N 154W 23N 161W...CONTINUING AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH 
20N 172W 19N 170E. FRONT MOVING E 20 KT AND SHEAR LINE MOVING SE 
SLOWLY. W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N 
BETWEEN COLD FRONT AND 169W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 270 NM E OF 
COLD FRONT N OF 26N. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF COLD FRONT N 
OF 28N.
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 148W 21N 156W ...CONTINUING AS A 
SHEAR LINE THROUGH 17N 165W 14N 180. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 26N BETWEEN 146W AND 164W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 144W 21N 152W...CONTINUING AS A 
SHEAR LINE THROUGH 17N 160W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS 
N OF 26N BETWEEN 142W AND 158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 24N 140W 20N 146W...CONTINUING AS A 
SHEAR LINE THROUGH 15N 160W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS 
N OF 28N E OF 152W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT NW OF NW FORECAST WATERS. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N W OF 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 166E 27N 160E. W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N BETWEEN 175E AND 162E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 176E 25N 160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF COLD FRONT N OF 28N.

.HIGH 1025 MB JUST N OF AREA 31N 178W. RIDGES FROM HIGH THROUGH 24N 
164W AND THROUGH 24N 160E MOVING E 15 KT.

.RIDGE 29N 140W 24N 155W MOVING S SLOWLY AND ERODING FROM THE W.

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 06N TO 23N W OF 171W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 22N 
BETWEEN 159W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 23N 
BETWEEN 151W AND 180.

.SEAS 9 TO 29 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 150W AND 177W. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN 
AREA N OF 06N W OF 177W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 23 FT IN AREA E OF 170W. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT 
IN AREA BETWEEN 170W AND 177E. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA N OF 05N W OF 
177E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 148W AND 173E... 
AND IN AREA N OF 14N E OF 148W. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 05N W 
OF 173E. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF 
AREA.

.ITCZ...06N 140W 05N 170W 05N 160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 165W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.