Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 03:57:05 -0600

175 
FZPN01 KWBC 010956
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FEB 01 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 171E 973 MB MOVING W 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N 165E 
TO 52N 175E TO 53N 173W. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS AND 
300 NM N OF FRONT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM N OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 28 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 166E 976 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND FROM 54N TO 58N BETWEEN 165W AND 177W...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 164E 982 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 44N 179W 988 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 164W 989 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 157W 990 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 54N 
172W TO LOW CENTER TO 49N 146W TO 44N 137W. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM S OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 124W 992 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N 124W 1002 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 780 NM NW AND 660 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 29 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 162W 996 MB MOVING SE 40 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 50N 154W TO 46N 151W TO 40N 150W. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT AND 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 135W 1005 MB. FROM 39N TO 50N BETWEEN 
130W AND 138W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 46N 124W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N 160E 1006 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. FROM 30N TO 33N AND W OF 
164E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 178E 1000 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 33N 171E. WITHIN 360 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM SE OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 172W 990 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 47N 
165W TO 37N 175W. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND 300 
NM SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 59N W OF 167W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 161W TO 58N 171W TO 60N 
178W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 42N 164E 1003 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
52N 166E IN WARNINGS SECTION. 

.FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 57N 141W 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 162W AND 178W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 162W AND 180 DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 154W AND 167W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 31N 131W 1030 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 34N 152W 1033 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 151W 1035 MB. 

.HIGH 36N 144W 1033 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGE WITH HIGH 34N 152W. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N 166E 1023 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 37N 177E 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI FEB 1
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT FEB 2
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN FEB 3

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS BUILDING 8 
TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 15N TO 20N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 
16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 8N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. N OF 25N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W N TO NE WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 6N W OF 112W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 
30KT SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 7N TO 28N W OF 120W NE TO 
E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 27N E OF 
120W NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 5N W OF 112W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 
30 KT SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 6N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO 
E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 26N E OF 
120W NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST N WINDS INCREASING 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 12N98W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC FRI FEB 1...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 5N78W 4N83W 7N97W 2N116W 
8N138W 8N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER RRG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.