Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:26:10 -0600

592 
ATHW40 PHFO 170026
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC THU JAN 17 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 17 2008

A BROAD FIELD OF STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS PRESENTLY LIES OVER AND 
AROUND THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. WARMING OF THE CLOUD TOPS HAS 
CAUSED SOME DISSIPATION OF THIS CLOUD FIELD FROM WHAT WAS OVERCAST 
THIS MORNING TO A MORE BROKEN LOOKING CLOUD FIELD. INDIVIDUAL CLOUD 
ELEMENTS ARE GENERALLY MOVING TOWARD WEST. THIS IS PRIMARILY CAUSING 
LOW CLOUDS TO BE BANKED UP OVER A GOOD PORTION OF MOST NORTH AND 
NORTHEAST FACING SLOPES. 

MOST OF KAUAI WAS CLOUD COVERED WITH JUST A FEW BREAKS SEEN OVER 
EASTERN COASTAL SECTIONS. OAHU HAS LOW CLOUDS OVER THE SLOPES AND 
SUMMITS OF BOTH THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE MOUNTAIN RANGES WITH 
OCCASIONAL CLOUD COVER SEEN OVER THE CENTRAL PORTION OF THE ISLAND. 
MOST NORTHERN AND INTERIOR SECTIONS OF MOLOKAI WERE CLOUD COVERED 
WHILE JUST A FEW PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER INTERIOR 
SECTIONS OF LANAI. OVER ON MAUI PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP 
VARIOUS SECTIONS OF THE HALEAKALA SLOPES WITH A FEW PATCHES SEEN 
OVER THE NORTHEAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER ON 
THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER PORTIONS OF THE 
WINDWARD SLOPES FROM NORTH KOHALA SOUTH THROUGH THE PUNA DISTRICT. 
DAYTIME HEATING HAS CAUSED LOW CLOUDS TO BUILD UP OVER PORTIONS OF 
THE KONA AND KAU SLOPES. THE HIGH SUMMITS OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOW 
ARE CLEAR BUT REMAIN SNOW COVERED. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.