Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 20:23:50 -0600

765 
ATPQ40 PGUM 020223
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST WED JAN 2 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM JUST NORTHWEST OF MINAMI 
TORI SHIMA AT 25N153E TO 22N150E...WHERE IT CONTINUES AS A SHEAR 
LINE THROUGH THE NORTHERNMOST MARIANAS ISLANDS AT 20N145E TO BEYOND 
130E AT 10N. WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG 
AND UP TO 500 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES EASTWARD FROM 3N130E TO EQ148E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING SOUTH OF 
KOROR AND YAP...OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 6N130E TO 5N143E TO EQ150E.

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHWESTWARD FROM EQ155E TO 7N150E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS COVER AN AREA SOUTHEAST OF CHUUK BETWEEN THE 
EQUATOR AND 4N FROM 152E TO 157E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.