Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 00:06:38 -0600

500 
TXPS40 PHFO 280606
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0605 UTC MON JAN 28 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE 12F LOCATED NEAR 17.4S 178.9E AT 28/0430 UTC
BASED ON MTSAT 2 KM VIS AND 4 KM RESOLUTION IR SECTOR AND ANIMATION. 
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 60 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND 
SPEED 45 KT. MOVEMENT WAS TOWARD 185 DEGREES AT 9 KT OVER THE PAST 6 
HOURS.

T3.0/3.0/D1.5/24 HRS

REMARKS...THOUGH JUST LOST VISIBLE IMAGERY...USING CDO WOULD HAVE 
GIVEN A DT OF 3.5 WITH A CDO DIAMETER OF 1.5 DEGREES. BUT CONVECTIVE 
WRAP ON LOG10 SPIRAL OF .6 TO.7 YIELDS A DT NUMBER OF 3.0. SYSTEM 
APPEARS TO HAVE INTENSIFIED FAIRLY RAPIDLY LATELY. PAT ALSO GIVES A 
3.0 THUS FINAL T WILL BE BASED ON PAT AND DT. MET WILL AGREE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.