Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:42:31 -0600

238 
FZPN40 PHFO 011642
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI FEB 01 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 01 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 02 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 03 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT THRU 30N164E 28N160E MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT IN AREA NW OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N172E 26N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
9 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 178W AND 174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT THRU 30N179W 24N170E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. ASSOCIATED SEAS DIMINISHED TO 9 FT OR 
LESS. 

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 19N TO 28N IN AREA E OF 170W...FROM 
12N TO 19N IN AREA E OF 150W...AND FROM 09N TO 20N BETWEEN 170W AND 
176E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 10N E OF 
164W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 28N IN AREA E OF 
159W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST NW OF AREA. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N166E 27N160E. 

.RIDGE THRU 30N170W 26N180 22N161E NEARLY STATIONARY BUT SLOWLY 
ERODING FROM THE WEST.

.SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 05N E OF 165W. ALSO SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
IN AREA S OF 22N BETWEEN 165W AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA NE OF A LINE THRU 30N173W 
20N173W 10N155W 08N140W. ALSO SEAS 9 TO 11 FT FROM 06N TO 21N 
BETWEEN 173W AND 168E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA NE OF A LINE THRU 30N174W 
15N160W 04N140W. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ...08N140W 08N160W 05N179W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N 
TO 12N BETWEEN 148W AND 165W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 12N TO 
17N BETWEEN 152W AND 168W.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 14N TO 18N IN AREA E OF 143W. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.