Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 21:24:43 -0600

845 
ATPQ40 PGUM 070324
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST THU FEB 7 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N147E TO 20N140E...THEN 
CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 13N130E AND BEYOND. EXTENSIVE 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

AN OLD FRONTAL BOUNDARY RUNS WESTWARD FROM 25N170E TO 23N164E...THEN 
NORTHWESTWARD TO 24N158E. PATCHY CLOUDS AND RAIN ARE SEEN ALONG AND 
UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THIS FEATURE.

SURFACE CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS FROM NORTHEAST OF 
WAKE ISLAND TO EAST OF THE MARIANAS...OR WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 21N170E TO 18N162E TO 15N155E TO 15N149E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH REACHES EASTWARD FROM 3N130E THROUGH A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED AT 1N140E TO END AT EQ145E. A SURFACE TROUGH 
REACHES NORTHWESTWARD FROM THE CIRCULATION TO SOUTH OF KOROR NEAR 
6N136E. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING 
SOUTH OF KOROR AND YAP...OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 6N130E TO 7N140E TO 
EQ146E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE AND UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE ARE COMBINING TO 
GENERATE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF CHUUK 
AND POHNPEI WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM EQ148E TO 4N160E...AND 
ALSO OVER KOSRAE TO SOUTH OF MAJURO TO THE DATELINE WITHIN 70 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 4N160E TO 6N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.