Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:22:37 -0600

284 
FZPN01 KWBC 252222 CCA
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTION FOR PARA 3 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 25 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 161E 963 MB MOVING N 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 48N 160E 
TO 51N 166E TO 46N 172E TO 40N 173E TO 30N 168E. WITHIN 120 NM E 
OF FRONT BETWEEN 37N AND 46N...ALSO N OF FRONT W OF 167E...AND 
FROM 38N TO 42N W 166E...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 36 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN WITHIN 300 NM 
N...NE AND 360 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 166E 962 MB. BETWEEN 1800 NM AND 480 
NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM W...840 NM S AND 480 NM E 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT FROM 48N 177E TO 
53N 176W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 960 
NM OF CENTER...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 172E 967 MB. FROM 46N TO 57N W OF 
172W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 45N TO 
60N W OF 168W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 143W 988 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 51N TO 59N BETWEEN 
137W AND 157W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 135W 982 MB. FROM 54N TO 58N BETWEEN 
134W AND 148W...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 
FT. .24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 57N 129W 989 MB. WITHIN 600 NM 
W QUADARNT...AND FROM 50N TO 5N BETWEEN 134W AND 146W...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 27 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 129W 992 MB. FROM 42N TO 58N BETWEEN 
130W AND 140W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 33N OF 141WN...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 38N 130W 995 MB MOVING S 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 39N 127W 
TO 37N 123W TO 30N 128W. WITHIN 180 NM NW AND 300 NM W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM NE...600 NM NW AND 900 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 
NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N 130W 1003 MB. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM 
W QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 38N 125W TO 30N 
126W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 121W 1001 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N 175W 1005 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 55N TO 59N BETWEEN 
170W AND 180W...AND WITHIN 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 35 
KT SEAS 15 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 168E 1003 MB. BETWEEN 34N AND 40N 
BETWEEN 162E AND 173E....WINDS 20 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 55N E OF 137W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 37N 170W 1018 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. S OF 40N BETWEEN 160W AND 
170W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. S OF 50N BETWEEN 161W AND 
167W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 47N TO 58N BETWEEN 151W AND 160W...WINDS 
TO 25 KT SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 36N TO 46N BETWEEN 165W AND 171W...AND FROM 44N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 165E AND 175E...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING 
VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 160W AND 180...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 56N BETWEEN 151W AND 165W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 41N 153W 1038 MB MOVING S 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 153W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 155W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 50N 164W 1031 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 175W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI JAN 25
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT JAN 26
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN JAN 27

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT 30N128W 28N140W. N OF 26N W OF 130W NW TO W WINDS 30 
TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. N OF 26N BETWEEN 122W AND 130W SW 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N127W 25N130W 23N140W. N OF 26N W 
OF FRONT NW TO N WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. N OF 26N 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT S TO SW WINDS 30 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 
FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 23N TO 26N W OF 130W NW TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT. EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...N OF 23N BETWEEN 
118W AND 130W SW TO S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.    
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...W OF 
FRONT NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. EXCEPT AS 
NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...N OF 24N E OF FRONT TO 120W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N123W 25N125W 20N135W. N OF 26N W 
OF FRONT TO 130W NW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN N 
SWELL. N OF 25N E OF FRONT TO 118W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 11 
TO 17 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N117W 20N120W 10N118W 8N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N118W 
15N115W 8N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT IN N SWELL...SEAS HIGHEST N OF 15N. ELSEWHERE W OF A 
LINE FROM 30N116W 15N118W 8N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 
TO 12 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 91W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO 
E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 93W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 92W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 6N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 115W E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN E SWELL.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC... 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.N OF 6N E OF 80W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC FRI JAN 25...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 5N77W 5N100W 7N120W 7N140W.
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER CAB
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.