Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 04:45:09 -0600

482 
FZPN40 PHFO 071045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON JAN 07 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 07 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 08 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 09 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT 30N 176E 23N 170E 19N 160E MOVING E 40 KT. WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 178E AND 162E.
.24 HR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 167W 23N 177W 19N 174E. SW WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF COLD FRONT N OF 24N. W TO NW WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT IN AREA BETWEEN COLD FRONT AND 179E N OF 27N.
.48 HR FORECAST FRONT 30N 154W 26N 160W 22N 170W 20N 180. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM OF FRONT N OF 29N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING FRONT 30N 164W 28N 170W 28N 176W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 15N BETWEEN 165W AND 
146W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 14N 
E OF 156W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 14N 
E OF 156W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT 30N 169E 29N 164E 29N 160E. WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 178E AND 168E.

.HIGH 1025 MB 28N 145W MOVING E SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH THROUGH 27N 
140W AND THROUGH 25N 160W 20N 180 18N 168E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF AREA.

.RIDGE 23N 160E 22N 163E MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 1018 MB 29N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 1020 MB 26N 171E.

.SEAS 9 TO 20 FT IN AREA N OF 21N W OF 171E. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT IN AREA 
N OF 26N BETWEEN 172W AND 171E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 
17N E OF 176W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 17N E OF 148W. 
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 27 FT IN AREA N OF 19N W OF 180...AND IN 
AREA N OF 23N BETWEEN 166W AND 180. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 166W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 17N E OF 
170W.
.48 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 25 FT IN AREA N OF 17N BETWEEN 162W AND 
177W. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF 11N W OF 177W. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN 
AREA N OF 25N E OF 162W. SEA S9 TO 13 FT IN AREA FROM 06N TO 18N E 
OF 167W.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER 
OF FORECAST AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA S OF 08N W OF 164E.

.ITCZ 08N 140W 07N 160W 08N 180 07N 168E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 177W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.