Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:52:13 -0600

104 
FZPN01 KWBC 092152
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 09 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 37N 159E 1006 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 168E 997 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 240 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 175E 987 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 120 
NM N...180 NM E...300 NM S AND 360 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM N...420 NM 
E...600 NM S AND 720 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 
TO 17 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED BELOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 173W 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N...360 NM 
S AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 159W AND 176E...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 36N 180 1004 MB MOVING E 35 KT...WILL TURN NE AFTER 24 
HOURS. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 180 NM NW...360 NM SW AND 420 
NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 162W 1000 MB WITH FRONT SW TO 30N 
164W. WITHIN 180 NM NW QUADRANT AND 300 NM E AND W OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 154W 986 MB. WITHIN 120 NM W AND 180 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 148W 976 MB. WITHIN 120 NM W AND 180 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
180 NM NW AND 300 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 
23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM N...420 NM W...480 NM E AND 600 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN LOW 45N 159W 978 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 24 TO 40 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 51N BETWEEN 127W AND 171W...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 13 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN LOW 53N 135W 978 MB. 
FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 132W AND 147W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
20 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM N AND E...240 NM W AND 780 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 40N TO 53N AND E OF 
132W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT IN W SWELL.

...STORM WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 159E 988 MB. W OF A LINE FROM 40N 164E 
TO 47N 166E TO 52N 165E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 160E 977 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
44N AND W OF 177E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 161E 976 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 57N 
174E TO 51N 180 TO 46N 179W. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF FRONT...AND 
WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 660 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
13 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N 145W 981 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. FROM 57N TO 59N BETWEEN 
138W AND 150W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N 148W 990 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 660 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 147W 992 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 600 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N 161E 1009 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 56N 171W TO 60N 178W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 166W TO 59N 
173W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 55N 151W TO 55N 161W TO 58N 
171W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 54N 169E TO 46N 167E. WITHIN 120 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 51N 160E ABOVE. 

.FROM 38N TO 49N BETWEEN 132W AND 141W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 46N 175E 1019 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N 173W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N 172W 1020 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 168E 1026 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 129W 1027 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED JAN 09
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU JAN 10
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI JAN 11

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 7N TO 20N W OF 120W  NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS TO 19 FT
IN NW SWELL.  N OF 23N E OF 120W  N WIND 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 110W AND S OF 15N FROM 102W TO 110W WIND LESS 
THAN 20 KT  SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 6N TO 21N W OF 125W  NE WIND 20 TO 25 
KT  SEAS 13 FT.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT
SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 122W  NE WIND 20 KT
SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 3N W OF 115W  WIND LESS
THAN 20 KT  SEAS 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC WED JAN 09...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W  6N84W  4N95W  6N108W 
7N125W  5N132W  5N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM N OF 
AXIS 113W TO 129W.  

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.