Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:59:44 -0600

975 
FZPN01 KWBC 250359
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 25 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

..SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 25. 
..24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 26. 
..48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 27. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 41N 154E 970 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 44N 160E TO 43N 164E TO 37N 165E TO 30N 161E. WITHIN 180 NM 
N OF FRONT N OF 43N AND 240 NM E OF FRONT FROM 33N TO 
43N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 
NM NE AND 1080 NM SE QUADRANTS OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 161E 963 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 54N 
167E TO 51N 173E TO 40N 176E TO 30N 171E. WITHIN 600 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 24 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 46N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 
28 FT. ALSO W OF A LINE FROM 57N 176E TO 49N 171W TO 30N 
176E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 166E 963 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 600 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 1080 S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 17 TO 32 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 1080 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 
22 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 177E 972 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 58N 
163W TO 50N 165W TO 40N 170W. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...420 NM E OF FRONT N OF 48N...AND 
300 NM E OF FRONT S OF 48N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 168W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
55N 134W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N 138W 981 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 134W 993 MB. WITHIN 1140 NM SW AND 480 
NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N 128W 996 MB MOVING SW 05 KT. WITHIN 720 NM SW AND 960 
NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 130W 1000 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SW AND 420 
NW QUADRANTS...AND BETWEEN 360 NM AND 540 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 30 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N 127W 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN 660 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 40N 170W TO 30N 172W. WITHIN 240 NM E AND 
180 NM W OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N 172W 1014 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE AND 
780 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
54N 166E DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 41N TO 56N BETWEEN 152W AND 168W AND FROM 40N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 167E AND 163E DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY 
BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 161W AND 176W AND FROM 
40N TO 52N BETWEEN 178E AND 172E DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING 
VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 58N BETWEEN 153W AND 178E DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 151W TO 56N 136W LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.

.HIGH 45N 152W 1040 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N 153W 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 153W 1034 MB. 

.HIGH 43N 177W 1030 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N 158W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 35N 174W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 176W 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI JAN 25
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT JAN 26
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN JAN 27

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.N OF 28N AND W OF 130W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 10 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N127W 28N132W 26N140W. N OF FRONT 
NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 15 TO 20 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N 
AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 
14 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N126W 26N131W 24N140W. N OF FRONT 
NW TO N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST TO THE N. N 
OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N BETWEEN 125W AND 135W W TO WNW WINDS 
25 TO 30 KT SEAS 15 TO 20 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT 
ALONG 30N120W 25N122W 20N126W N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 12 
TO 23 FT IN NW SWELL.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 16N BETWEEN 114W AND 121W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS FROM 11N TO 16N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20  
KT SEAS 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 15N W OF 130W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 9N TO 11N E OF 91W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 11N E OF 94W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 98W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 6N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 98W AND 110W E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 25N N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 12N97W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC FRI JAN 25...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...1N79W 4N85W 9N12W 7N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN/KIMBERLAIN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.