Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 22:05:28 -0600

567 
FZPN01 KWBC 150403
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FEB 15 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 46N 178E 966 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 43N 172W TO 37N 171W TO 30N 177W. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 
NM SW AND 300 NM SE QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 
NM NW AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 420 NM N AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 178W 963 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 52N 168W TO 49N 158W TO 43N 157W. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 360 NM 
N QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM SE...720 NM NW AND 900 NM S QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 
360 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 173W 966 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM E...540 NM N...600 NM W...660 NM NW AND 900 NM S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N 157W 988 MB WITH FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 35N 159W TO 30N 168W. WITHIN 300 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 35N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 149W 982 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 47N 148W TO 40N 149W TO 30N 158W. WITHIN 240 NM N AND 420 NM 
NE QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 42N...WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 42N AND W OF 176E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 43N AND W OF 173E...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED WITH LOW 48N 178W ABOVE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N 168E 997 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 
FT. 
...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N 151W 978 MB MOVING NE 20 KT WITH A FRONT FROM 54N 132W 
TO 47N 136W TO 42N 140W. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT AND WITHIN 180 
NM SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
12 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
NE OF A LINE FROM 57N 151W TO 51N 131W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 12 
TO 20 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 48N 161W 980 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED WITHIN LOW 50N 173W ABOVE.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 55N 154W TO 55N 166W TO 60N 179W AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 56N 170W TO 57N 177E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW AND N OF LINE FROM 57N 171W TO 55N 179W TO 
56N 173E AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 56N AND E OF 169W...WINDS TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 30N TO 43N AND E OF 130W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 45N TO 55N BETWEEN 129W AND 139W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.FROM 31N TO 39N BETWEEN 169W AND 174W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 47N BETWEEN 152W AND 158W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 44N TO 57N BETWEEN 138W AND 147W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 45N 129W 1030 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 36N 153W 1024 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 136W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 126W 1031 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 33N 126W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI FEB 15
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT FEB 16
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN FEB 17

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 9N TO 11N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...
NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 92W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 9N TO 11N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS TO 8 FT.

.N OF 29N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W  NW WIND 20 KT  SEAS 15 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 19N W OF 120W AND FROM 10N TO 19N W OF 125W 
WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.   
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 27N E OF 117W  NW WIND 20 KT  SEAS 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 9N W OF 112W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 25N W OF 130W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 15N BETWEEN 125W AND 132W  
NE WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 5N 
W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0345 UTC FRI FEB 15...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 3N89W 11N132W 8N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM OF AXIS FROM 125W TO 129W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.