Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:25:20 -0600

847 
ATHW40 PHFO 111225
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC MON FEB 11 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC FEBRUARY 11 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH CONTINUES TO SLOWLY MOVE AWAY FROM THE STATE 
TO THE EAST AND ITS AXIS IS LOCATED FROM 10N 148W TO 30N 138W. A 
WEAKENED UPPER LEVEL LOW REMAINS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TROUGH 
CENTERED NEAR 11N 149W. THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO FORM ALONG THE 
EASTERN SEMICIRCLE OF THE LOW ALONG 146W...AS FAR NORTH AS 15N. 
CUMULONIMBUS /CB/ CLOUD TOPS IN THE AREA ARE REACHING 40 THOUSAND 
FEET. A CLOUD SHIELD OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS EXTENDS FROM THE 
TROUGH AXIS COVERING FROM 8N TO 20N AND 150W TO 140W AND INTO THE 
EASTERN PACIFIC.

A COLD FRONT CONTINUES TO MOVE BRISKLY EAST...WELL NORTH OF THE 
STATE. THE ASSOCIATED CLOUD BAND STRETCHES FROM 24N 157W TO 30N 150W 
AND CONTINUES NORTHEAST INTO THE NORTHERN PACIFIC. THE 160 MILE WIDE 
BAND IS MADE UP OF BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING 
CUMULUS /TCU/ AND CB. BEHIND THE FRONT...TO THE WEST...CIRRUS AND 
MIDLEVEL LAYERED CLOUDS STRETCH TO THE DATELINE NORTH OF 25N.

OVER THE ISLANDS...TRADES ARE BRINGING BROKEN SC TO WINDWARD 
LOCATIONS OF ALL ISLANDS. LEEWARD BIG ISLAND AND LEEWARD 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA HAVE SLOWLY CLEARED TONIGHT AS THE ISLANDS COOL 
AND WINDS SHIFT TO OFFSHORE.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.