Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 20:18:41 -0600

755 
ATPQ40 PGUM 070218
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST MON JAN 7 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM 14N130E TO NEAR TINIAN AT 
15N145E TO NEAR 21N162E...THEN CONTINUES AS A COLD FRONT TO 25N170 
AND BEYOND. CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY LIGHT RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND 
UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 5N130E TO 
5N140E THROUGH A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED AT 4N145E TO END AT 
EQ154E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING 
IN A LARGE AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 4N132E TO 8N143E TO 3N157E TO 
EQ157E TO EQ140 BACK TO 4N132E. THIS AREA LIES SOUTH OF PALAU...YAP 
AND CHUUK.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE OVER CHUUK...POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND MAJURO IS 
GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS BETWEEN 5N AND 10N FROM 152E TO 180.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.