Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:31:40 -0600

391 
ATHW40 PHFO 081831
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC TUE JAN 08 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 08 2008

LOW CLOUDS ARE PRETTY MUCH NON EXISTENT OVER THE ISLANDS EARLY THIS 
MORNING. A FEW PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS HAVE MOVED IN FROM THE EAST 
OVER PORTIONS OF THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. OTHERWISE SKIES ARE 
BASICALLY CLEAR OVER THE ISLANDS. SNOW CAN STILL BE SEEN ON THE 
GROUND OVER THE HIGH SUMMITS OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA. THERE IS A 
NARROW PLUME CLOUD SEEN MOVING WESTWARD JUST TO THE SOUTH OF MAUI. 
THERE ARE PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS SEEN AROUND THE ISLANDS. THE CLOUDS 
TO THE NORTH OF THE ISLANDS ARE GENERALLY MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH 
NORTHWEST WHILE CLOUDS SOUTH AND EAST OF THE ISLANDS BASICALLY 
MOVING TOWARD THE WEST. 

THE LEADING EDGE OF A COLD FRONT IS PRESENTLY ABOUT 500 MILES TO THE 
WEST NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. CLOUDS ALONG THE THE 150 MILES WIDE BAND 
CONSIST OF MAINLY LAYERED CLOUDS WITH SOME ISOLATED DEEP CONVECTION 
ALONG THE FRONT NORTH OF 26N. FURTHER SOUTH ALONG THE FRONT THE 
CLOUDS BEGIN TO TAKE ON A MORE OF A STRATOCUMULUS APPEARANCE. THE 
FRONT IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST SOUTHEAST AT AROUND 10 MPH. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.