Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:25:45 -0600

433 
ATHW40 PHFO 141825
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON JAN 14 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 14 2008

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS SEEN SPINNING FAR TO THE NORTH NORTHEAST OF 
THE STATE NEAR 30N 147W. ITS ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N 
143W 23N 145W 17N 160W. DEEP CONVECTION IS SEEN NEAR THE LOW CENTER 
AND ALONG THE FRONT NORTH OF 26N. THE REST OF THE FRONT CONSISTS OF 
MAINLY STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUD ELEMENTS. THE FRONT IS PRESENTLY 
MOVING SLOWLY TOWARD THE EAST SOUTHEAST. 

BEHIND THE FRONT IS A BROAD FIELD OF STABLE STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS 
THAT ARE MOVING DOWN FROM THE NORTH NORTHEAST. THESE CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING IN OVER WINDWARD AND NORTH FACING SHORELINES. THIS IS CAUSING 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER MOST OF KAUAI WHILE ON OAHU LOW 
CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF BOTH THE SLOPES 
AND SUMMITS OF THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE RANGES. MOST OF THE NORTH 
FACING SLOPES OF MOLOKAI WERE CLOUD COVERED WHILE LANAI WAS MOSTLY 
CLEAR. LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE NORTH AND EAST SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA WITH A FEW PATCHES SEEN OVER THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER 
ON THE BOG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE LOWER SLOPES OF 
MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOW FROM WINDWARD NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD THROUGH 
THE PUNA DISTRICT. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.