Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 00:26:42 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 160600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/160600Z-170600ZJAN2008//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/160151ZJAN2008//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 160000Z, TROPICAL DEPRESSION 01W WAS LOCATED NEAR
7.4N 109.7E, APPROXIMATELY 265 NM SOUTHEAST OF HO CHI MINH,
VIETNAM, AND HAD TRACKED SOUTHWESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS OVER THE PAST
06 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 25
KNOTS GUSTING TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 160300) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.5S
163.1E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 15.4S 163.3E APPROXIMATELY 445 NM
NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD OF NOUMEA, NEW CALEDONIA. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL
SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES A RAPIDLY CONSOLIDATING LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH DEEP CONVECTIVE BANDING SOUTH WRAPPING
INTO THE EASTERN QUADRANT. A 152103Z SSMIS IMAGE SHOWED AN ELONGATED
LLCC WITH A STRONG CONVECTIVE BAND ALONG THE SOUTHERN FLANK WRAPPING
TIGHTLY INTO THE CENTER. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY DEPICTS VERY
GOOD EQUATORWARD OUTFLOW WITH A STRONG EASTWARD-ORIENTED OUTFLOW
CHANNEL ENHANCED BY AN UPPER-LOW NORTHEAST OF NEW ZEALAND. OVER-
ALL THE ENVIRONMENT IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOP-
MENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002
MB. BASED ON THE IMPROVED ORGANIZATION AND FAVORABLE OUTFLOW, THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.