Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 21:16:45 -0600

043 
FZPN40 PHFO 190316 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI JAN 18 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 18 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 19 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 20 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 167E 26N 160E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF A LINE 30N 174E 26N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 177W 26N 180 21N 173E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 174W 21N 171E MOVING E 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN 
AREA N OF LINE 30N 173E 26N 178W 30N 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N 167W 24N 178W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

TROUGH 29N 155W 25N 155W 17N 159W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF TROUGH. ALSO WITHIN 60 NM OF POINTS 
17N 149W AND 18N 148W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 29N 150W 28N 150W.

RIDGE 29N 160E 26N 170E MOVING SE 15 KT.

RIDGE 29N 158W 24N 170W 22N 179W NEARLY STATIONARY.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

SEAS 15 TO 19 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE 28N 161E 25N 172E 30N 176W. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF A LINE 09N 160E 10N 166E 
02N 180 08N 152W 22N 150W 26N 140W. SEAS 9 FT OR LESS REST OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE 29N 174E 
27N 177E 30N 172W. SEAS 9 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINES 04N 160E 
03N 163E 09N 163E 10N 168E EQ 175E...AND EQ 154W 05N 150W 11N 148W 
14N 140W...AND BOUNDED BY 30N 162W 30N 157W 23N 162W 23N 169W 
30N 162W. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT REST OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE 08N 160E 
11N 166E 03N 177E 06N 168W 30N 157W. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA E OF 
LINE 13N 140W 17N 154W 21N 154W 30N 141W. SEAS 9 FT OR LESS REST OF 
AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA W OF 176E S OF 10N.

ITCZ 07N 140W 05N 156W 03N 179E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM N OF ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.