Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:29:37 -0600

488 
ATHW40 PHFO 110029
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI JAN 11 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 11 2008

OVER THE ISLANDS...BROKEN ALTOCUMULUS AND HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS ARE 
MOVING OVER OAHU AND MAUI COUNTY TODAY. THESE CLOUDS ARE REMNANTS 
OF THUNDERSTORMS THAT OCCURRED WEDNESDAY AND HAVE BEEN ADVECTED 
NORTH OVER THE STATE. KAUAI HAS SCATTERED TO BROKEN SC WITH THE 
CLEAREST AREAS ON THE WINDWARD COASTS. OVER THE BIG ISLAND THE 
LEEWARD COAST HAS CLOUDED OVER TO OVERCAST WITH DAYTIME HEATING AND 
WINDWARD AREAS HAVE SCATTERED SC.

THE TAIL END OF A COLD FRONT IS PASSING BY WELL NORTH OF THE 
ISLANDS...AND THE ASSOCIATED 150 MILE WIDE CLOUD BAND IS MOVING 25 
MPH TO THE EAST. THE CLOUD BAND EXTENDS AS FAR SOUTH 24N NEAR 155W. 
MID AND HIGH CLOUDS TO THE SOUTH HAVE BEEN ADVECTED NORTH OVER THE 
STATE BY THE UPPER LEVEL WINDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT. 

BETWEEN 10N AND 20N LOW LEVEL CLOUD MOTION IS TOWARD THE WEST AT 20 
TO 30 MPH AND SKIES ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN WITH STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ 
BEING THE DOMINANT CLOUD TYPE.

FROM 140W TO 150W BETWEEN 20N AND 30N BROKEN TO OVERCAST SC AND 
STRATUS ARE MOVING EAST TO NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 20 MPH. BEHIND THE 
AFOREMENTIONED FRONT SCATTERED SC ARE MOVING EAST NORTH OF 25N AND 
MOVING WEST SOUTH OF 25N.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.