Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:58:30 -0600

210 
ATPQ40 PGUM 111458
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST TUE FEB 12 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N162E TO 23N150E TO A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 22N142E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE 
SOUTHWESTWARD TO 10N130E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS 
ARE OCCURRING ALONG AND UP TO 150 MILES NORTH OF THE COLD FRONT AND 
150 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE SHEAR LINE.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM A CIRCULATION 
CENTERED JUST WEST OF THE DISCUSSION AREA AT 5N129E TO END AT 
EQ138E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND OVER 
KOROR BUT SOUTHWEST OF YAP BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 7N FROM 130E TO 
138E.

CONVERGENT TRADE-WINDS ARE COMBINING WITH DIVERGENT UPPER-LEVEL 
WINDS TO GENERATE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 
200 MILES OF A LINE FROM 6N143E TO 9N150E TO 4N160E TO 4N170E. THIS 
AREA INCLUDES CHUUK...POHNPEI AND KOSRAE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.