Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:58:03 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 201900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/201900Z-210600ZJAN2008//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/200751ZJAN2008//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.4N
123.8E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.4N 122.3E, APPROXIMATELY 155 NM
SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF MANILA, PHILIPPINES. RECENT ENHANCED INFRARED
IMAGERY INDICATES WEAK CYCLONIC TURNING IN THE LOW LEVELS WITH
A MORE EVIDENT CIRCULATION IN THE MID LEVEL CLOUDS. THE UPPER
LEVEL ENVIRONMENT IS LIMITING FURTHER DEVELOPMENT WITH MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR VALUES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT
OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 200600Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 12P (FUNA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 29.0S 171.1E, APPROXIMATELY 520 NM NORTH-NORTHWEST OF AUCKLAND,
NEW ZEALAND, AND HAD TRACKED WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 23 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED
AT 55 KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 200900)
FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPDATED AREA IN 1.B.(1) AND
UPDATED 2.A.(1) TO REFLECT FINAL WARNING ON THAT SYSTEM.
FORECAST TEAM: DELTA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.