Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:45:10 -0600

753 
FZPN40 PHFO 272245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN JAN 27 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 27 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 28 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 29 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT 30N179E 22N165E WEAKENING.

.TROUGH 30N175W 25N176W 19N173W MOVING W 20 KT.

.RIDGE 30N172E 25N160E MOVING S 10 KT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N168E 29N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 29N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N175E 28N166E. WINDS WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NW OF FORECAST AREA. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 164E.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 13N TO 27N BETWEEN 148W AND 
160W. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 20N TO 26N BETWEEN 160W AND 
168W...AND IN AREA FROM 08N TO 12N W OF 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 11N TO 17N E OF 
150W...IN AREA FROM 13N TO 26N BETWEEN 150W AND 173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 17N TO 25N E OF 
150W...IN AREA FROM 12N TO 27N BETWEEN 150W AND 170W...IN AREA FROM 
13N TO 23N BETWEEN 170W AND 176W...AND IN AREA FROM 05N TO 11N W OF 
164E.

.OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF LINE THROUGH 30N173W 17N172E 
19N160E...AND IN AREA NE OF LINE THROUGH 30N160W 20N156W 14N140W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF 
LINE THROUGH 07N160E 05N166W 08N161W 07N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT WITHIN 450 NM OF LINE THROUGH 
30N172W 23N172W 13N145W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT SEAS 8 
FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINE THROUGH EQ160E 03N170E 05N159W 04N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N173W 
25N157W 12N154W 09N164W 09N169W 20N179W 23N177W 25N173W. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA NW OF LINE 
THROUGH 30N171E 23N168E 21N160E...AND IN AREA S OF 09N BETWEEN 165E 
AND 172E.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF LINE THROUGH 21N167W 
17N164W 14N162W.

.ITCZ...08N140W 07N160W 05N176W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
90 NM N OF ITCZ.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.