Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:11:16 -0600

254 
ATPQ40 PGUM 110311
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST MON FEB 11 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N153E TO NORTH OF THE 
MARIANAS AT 21N145E TO END NEAR 9N130E. PATCHY CLOUDS AND SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 70 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE.

A COLD FRONT RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N150E TO 22N140E...THEN TURNS 
NORTHWESTWARD TO AN AREA LOW PRESSURE CENTERED NEAR 25N133E. 
EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND WIDESPREAD RAIN ARE OCCURRING ALONG AND 
NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY TO BEYOND 25N.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 3N130E TO END AT EQ140E. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORMING NORTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS OVER 
KOROR...OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 8N130E TO 5N140E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS FROM YAP ACROSS CHUUK...POHNPEI TO KOSRAE WITHIN 100 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 10N136E TO 5N142E TO 5N147E TO 8N151E TO 6N156E 
TO 4N167E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO SEEN SOUTH OF KWAJALEIN AND 
MAJURO TO WEST OF THE DATELINE WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 4N167E 
TO 5N179E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.