Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 04:45:12 -0600

737 
FZPN40 PHFO 211045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON JAN 21 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 21 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 22 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 23 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

FRONT 30N 170W 24N 180 20N 160E MOVING E SLOWLY N OF 25N AND NEARLY 
STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 210 NM N OF FRONT 
W OF 180. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN BETWEEN FRONT AND 163W N OF 
28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT 30N 165W 29N 174W 26N 180. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST NW OF NW FORECAST WATERS. S TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 172E 25N 168E 22N 160E. S TO SW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 25N. N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM W OF FRONT N OF 28N.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 18N BETWEEN 150W AND 
160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 149W AND 168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 149W AND 175W.

HIGH 1022 MB N OF AREA NEAR 32N 174E MOVING ENE 40 KT. RIDGE FROM 
HIGH THRU 30N 169E 27N 160E MOVING E 20 KT.

RIDGE 20N 161W 24N 173W MOVING E SLOWLY.

SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA N OF 04N BETWEEN 170W AND 174E...AND IN AREA 
N OF 10N W OF 174E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 10N E OF 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 09N BETWEEN 148W AND 
170W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 02N BETWEEN 170W AND 173E. SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 14N W OF 173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 06N BETWEEN 150W AND 
180...AND IN AREA N OF 25N W OF 168E. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 
20N E OF 150W...AND IN AREA FROM 10 TO 20N BETWEEN 180 AND 170E.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER 
OF AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA S OF 09N W OF 176E.

ITCZ...09N 140W 02N 175E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.