Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 22:45:10 -0600

947 
FZPN40 PHFO 040445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON FEB 04 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 04 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 05 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 06 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

.GALE WARNING.
.COLD FRONT W OF FCST AREA NEAR 30N156E 27N150E. SW WINDS 20 TO 35 
KT NW OF A LINE 30N166E 27N160E. FRONT MOVING ENE 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N173E 29N170E 25N160E. W HALF OF 
FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY THEN MOVING NE AS WARM FRONT AFTER 050000 
UTC. WINDS DIMINISH TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FCST AREA. NEW COLD FRONT THRU 
30N170E 24N160E. WINDS CONTINUING 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT N OF 28N BETWEEN 174W AND 176E...MOVING NE 15 KT.
ALSO DISSIPATING TROUGH THRU 28N180 24N180 24N163E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED TSTMS N OF A LINE 30N175E 25N180 30N170W.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT N OF FCST AREA.

.RIDGE THRU 30N167W 24N178E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE THRU 28N171E 25N160E MOVING SE 15 KT AND DISSIPATING.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 24N AND 10N E OF 152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 23N AND 07N E OF 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 20N AND 08N E OF 160W.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 15N AND 07N W OF 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 15N AND 07N W OF 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS BETWEEN 125B 
AND 07N W OF 175E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 14 FT E OF A LINE...30N178W 10N168W 03N160W 
EQ154W...HIGHEST E OF 155W. ALSO...SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BETWEEN 15N AND 
05N W OF 175W. SEAS ELSEWHERE 8 FT OR LESS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE 30N173E 25N160E.
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN AREA BETWEEN 2 LINES...FROM 30N175W 10N167W 
EQ161W AND FROM 30N150W THRU 25N140W. ALSO SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BETWEEN 
16N AND 06N W OF 177W. SEAS ELSEWHERE 8 FT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE 30N177W 24N173E 
28N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N175W 22N172E 
23N160E. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT S OF 15N E OF 166W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS 
N OF A LINE...30N151W 26N145W 20N140W...AND S OF 08N AND S OF 05N W 
OF 167W. OTHERWISE SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 20N BETWEEN 157W AND 164W...AND ALSO BETWEEN 15N 
AND 10N FROM 158W TO 166W.

.ITCZ...07N140W 05N147W 07N164W 05N180 04N164E 04N160E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.