Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:39:52 -0600

814 
FZPN01 KWBC 172139
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FEB 17 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N 176W 986 MB WITH FRONT FROM CENTER 
TO 30N 174E. WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 171W 980 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 157W 963 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 
NM SW AND 420 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 19 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 49N BETWEEN 143W AND 166W WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 45N 142W 980 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 
SW ...AND 360 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 
TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 49N BETWEEN 131W AND 
147W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 144W 971 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM NE SEMICIRCLE...AND 420 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 40N 177W 988 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 158W 981 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE...AND 
600 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM SE...AND 660 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 153W 976 MB MOVING NW 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 56N 148W TO 40N 144W TO 35N 149W. WITHIN 660 NM E
QUADRANT AND 360 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N 141W 997 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E AND 
NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N 156W 983 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 540 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 169W 965 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S AND 540 NM 
N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 172W 966 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND 600 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 20
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 169W 971 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E AND 660 
NM W SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 165E 984 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 840 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 170E 989 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 176W 1000 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 171W TO 56N 174E AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 57N 172W TO 57N 175E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 57N 173W TO 57N 175E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 43N TO 59N BETWEEN 139W AND 147W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 56N BETWEEN 135W AND 143W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.HIGH 31N 129W 1026 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN FEB 17
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON FEB 18
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE FEB 19

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.RIDGE 30N127W 15N105W AND TROUGH 12N140W 20N137W. SW OF RIDGE 
NE OF TROUGH E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. E OF 
RIDGE TO 110W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 106W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT APPROACH NW PORTION...HIGH PRES 
29N126W 1024 MB RIDGE SE TO 12N102W AND RIDGE SW TO 22N138W. N 
OF 27N W OF 135W SW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 5N 
TO 17N W OF 125W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 125W AND 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONTAL TROUGH 30N131W 26N140W AND HIGH PRES
27N125W 1022 MB RIDGE SE TO 14N103W AND RIDGE SW TO 22N138W. NW 
OF TROUGH WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.30 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC SUN FEB 17...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 8N78W 8N100W 5N117W 
5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG S OF 10N E OF 91W AND 
WITHIN 90-120 NM N OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 121W AND 135W.

SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF 16N140W.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.