Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 06:30:56 -0600

946 
ATHW40 PHFO 281230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC MON JAN 28 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 28 2008

HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS OVER THE BIG ISLAND WERE DECREASING AND 
THINNING THIS MORNING.  AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS SOUTHWEST OF THE 
STATE BETWEEN 17N 164W AND 19N 170W WERE ON THE DECLINE.  TWO UPPER 
LEVEL LOWS NEARBY AND RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CIRRUS AND THUNDERSTORMS 
HAD NEARLY DISSIPATED.  

A LARGE STREAM OF CIRRUS...OVER 500 MILES WIDE...REMAINED FURTHER 
SOUTH OF THE STATE.  THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE CIRRUS STRETCHED FROM 
10N 167W TO 13N 160W THROUGH 17N 140W.  THE CIRRUS STREAM EXTENDED 
ALL THE WAY INTO NORTHERN MEXICO AND THE SOUTHWESTERN U.S.  A JET 
STREAM FLOWING OVER THE CIRRUS STREAM AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
SOUTH OF 10N BETWEEN 150W AND 170W WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR GENERATING 
THESE HIGH CLOUDS.

AN UPPER LOW WAS ABOUT 525 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU AND 
MOVING SOUTH AT BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MILES AN HOUR.  BUT THIS LOW 
CURRENTLY HAD NO SIGNIFICANT CLOUDINESS ASSOCIATED WITH IT.

MEANWHILE...PERSISTENT MODERATELY STRONG TRADE WINDS CONTINUE TO 
DRIVE PATCHES AND SMALL CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
INTO THE STATE.  THESE LOW CLOUDS FILLED MOST OF THE REGION BETWEEN 
17N AND 30N FROM 170W TO BEYOND 140W.  IN THE VICINITY OF THE 
ISLANDS...THESE LOW CLOUDS WERE MOVING WEST AT 25 TO 35 MILES AN 
HOUR. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.