Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:27:19 -0600

601 
FZPN01 KWBC 131627
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 13 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 173E 961 MB MOVING NW 15 KT...WILL TURN SW AFTER 12 
HOURS...THEN TURN SE. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N 176E TO 50N 180 TO 
445N 180 TO 36N 172E TO 30N 161E. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT FROM 34N TO 46N... 
WINDS 40 TO 60 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 120 NM AND 
600 NM NE SEMICIRCLE OVER FORECAST WATERS...AND WITHIN 840 NM SE 
AND E OF FRONT S OF 47N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 172E 947 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N OF FRONT 
FROM 56N 173E TO 56N 178W TO 53N 172W...E WINDS 55 TO 75 KT SEAS 
20 TO 34 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 52N 164E 951 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 59N 176E TO 60N 174W TO 58N 167W TO 51N 160W. WITHIN 120 NM 
N OF FRONT AND 120 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 
TO 28 FT...EXCEPT 12 TO 16 FT SE SEMICIRCLE. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
180 NM N AND E OF FRONT AND 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 171E 969 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 120 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 24 TO 34 FT...EXCEPT 14 
TO 24 FT W QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO 51N W OF 179W AND 180 
NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT...EXCEPT 12 
TO 20 FT N SEMICIRCLE. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N 177E 976 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 51N 160W...AND FROM 47N 172W TO 35N 180 TO 30N 
168E. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 36N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 
16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT SEAS 20 TO 27 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 173W 961 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 167W 957 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 57N 
157W TO 51N 157W TO 40N 169W TO 30N 175E. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 
NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM SE QUADRANT...240 NM REMAINDER SE SEMICIRCLE AND 
180 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT...EXCEPT 
18 TO 24 FT S OF THE ALEUTIANS. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S...240 
NM W...AND 360 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 
16 FT...EXCEPT 16 TO 24 FT S OF THE ALEUTIANS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 137W 996 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N 
136W TO LOW CENTER AT 38N 145W. WITHIN 240 NM QUADRANT WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT S WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 15 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 136W 991 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS INCREASING TO 50 KT SEAS BUILDING TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. TRAILING FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 50N 
126W TO 43N 132W. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT...SW WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N 156W 1006 MB MOVING 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE 
N OF 30N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N 141W 1011 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 43N 
126W TO 30N 145W. WITHIN 480 NM W OF FRONT AND WITHIN 240 NM NE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 147W 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. WITHIN 420 NM N AND 
300 NM W QUADRANTS...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 60N 147W 997 MB MOVING E 10 KT. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 660 NM 
SW QUADRANT AND S OF 57N...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 142W 1003 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S AND 360 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH FORECAST 
LOW 45N 165W...N OF 53N E OF 154W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT.  

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 38N 145W 1006 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 45N 165W 1001 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND NE 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 54N 152W THEN E TO 55N 138W...AND SW FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 30N 179W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT BETWEEN 40N AND 
51N...SW WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 20 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 
FRONT AND A LINE FROM 53N 135W TO 45N 153W TO 30N 173W...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 54N 160W TO 54N 152W MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 55N 156W TO 54N 146W LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N AND E OF 178W 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 41N TO 49N BETWEEN 180 AND 172W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 57N 148W TO 
46N 166W TO 38N 172W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 
1 NM. 
.HIGH 43N 161W 1029 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N 151W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 137W 1043 MB. 

.HIGH 31N 170W 1027 MB MOVING E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY HIGH 42N 151W.

.FORECASTER PROSISE. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN JAN 13
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON JAN 14
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE JAN 15

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 8N TO 24N W OF 125W  NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 14 FT
IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS N OF 27N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 25N W OF 135W  SE TO S WIND 20 TO 25 KT  
SEAS 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 105W...EXCEPT GULF OF 
CALIFORNIA...WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT ENTERING NW CORNER OF E PAC.  N OF 
25N W OF 135W  SE TO S WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS 14 FT IN NW SWELL.
ELSEWHERE W OF 105W...EXCEPT GULF OF CALIFORNIA...WIND LESS THAN 
20 KT  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  S OF 13N W OF 98W  WIND LESS 
THAN 20 KT  SEAS 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.12 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 26N  NW WIND TO 20 
KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N  NW WIND 20 KT 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N  NW WIND 20 KT  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 11N86W 10N89W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1515 UTC SAT JAN 12...
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF 11N115W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...4N90W  6N100W  12N114W  5N135W 
5N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM N OF 
ITCZ FROM 112W TO 120W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.