Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 22:45:10 -0600

087 
FZPN40 PHFO 080445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE JAN 08 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 08 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 09 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 10 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT THRU 30N 172W 26N 176W 21N 175E THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 
19N 167E 19N 160E. FRONT MOVING E 25 KT N OF 26N BECOMING NEARLY 
STATIONARY NEAR 21N. SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY. W TO NW WINDS 20 
TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN FRONT AND 172E. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT 180 NM N OF SHEAR LINE W OF 167E.
.24 HR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 158W 27N 160W 22N 170W THENCE A SHEAR 
LINE THRU 17N 173E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N. 
W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN FRONT AND 171W.
.48 HR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT THRU 30N 149W 25N 164W 21N 172W. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT.

.DEVELOPING FRONT THRU 30N 167W 25N 175W 21N 180 MOVING E 10 KT. 
SE WINDS 20 TO 35 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 25N. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 16N E OF 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 14N 
E OF 157W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 15N 
E OF 162W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 165E 28N 160E. SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 163E AND 171W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 173W 27N 180. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF 29N BETWEEN 178W AND 170W.

.RIDGE THRU 27N 140W 26N 150W 18N 178W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING 
FROM THE WEST.

.RIDGE THRU 26N 160E 22N 172E MOVING E 15 KT.

.SEAS 15 TO 30 FT N OF A LINE THRU 30N 161E 24N 167E 30N 176W. SEAS 
9 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE THRU 30N 154W 17N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 
12 FT E OF A LINE THRU 22N 140W 16N 168W 07N 168W 02N 140W.
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 30 FT N OF A LINE THRU 30N 171E 19N 175E 
30N 164W. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE THRU 30N 141W 24N 
154W 26N 160W 13N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE THRU 20N 140W 
13N 167W EQ 140W.
.48 HR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 24 FT N OF A LINE THRU 30N 168E 12N 177W 
30N 151W. SEAS 9 FT OR LESS S OF 08N W OF 162W. SEAS MAINLY 9 TO 12 
FT REST OF AREA.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 9 FT OR LESS OVER 
REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ 08N 140W 09N 156W 05N 178W 06N 161E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 148W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE
FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE
LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE 
LETTERS/ WITH
ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO [email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.