Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 20:30:10 -0600

902 
ATPQ40 PGUM 090230
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST WED JAN 9 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM NEAR 20N145E TO 17N165E TO 
19N180 AND BEYOND. CLOUDINESS...PATCHY LIGHT RAIN AND EMBEDDED 
SHOWER ACTIVITY ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THIS 
BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES EAST-SOUTHEAST FROM 6N130E 
THROUGH A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 6N140E TO END AT EQ155. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS 
FEATURE ARE FOUND BETWEEN 2N AND 11N FROM 130E TO 146E. THIS AREA 
INCLUDES KOROR AND YAP.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE OVER POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND MAJURO IS 
GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS BETWEEN 2N AND 8N FROM 154E TO 180.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS ALSO GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 
75 MILES OF A LINE THE EXTENDS FROM 11N133E TO 15N134E TO 14N134E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.