Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:17:17 -0600

176 
FZPN01 KWBC 032217
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FEB 03 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 38N 155E 970 MB. FROM 30N TO 41N 
AND W OF 166E...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 160E 962 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 169E 958 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 360 NM 
S QUADRANT...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 26 TO 44 FT. ALSO FROM 34N 
TO 46N BETWEEN 177W AND 163E...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 32 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 49N AND W OF 174W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 178W 962 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM 
S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 26 TO 44 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 
NM NW...480 NM SW...720 NM S AND 780 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM NW...840 NM 
NE AND SW...AND 1020 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 
TO 26 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 166W 1014 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WITH FRONT SW TO 30N 176E. 
 WITHIN 360 NM SE OF FRONT N OF 35N...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 
TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 151W 993 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 39N TO 51N BETWEEN 143W AND 158W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 
TO 16 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 146W 982 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 240 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 75 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
240 NM SE...300 NM W AND 360 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 133W 973 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM 
W QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 55 
TO 70 KT SEAS 22 TO 38 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM W...420 NM 
SE...AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 30 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM E...480 NM NW...660 NM SW AND 720 NM 
SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 173W 981 MB MOVING N 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 51N 158W 
TO 41N 166W. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 300 NM N QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 
TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 480 NM 
S QUADRANTS AND 480 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 
TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 173W 990 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 
NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 360 NM S QUADRANT...AND FROM 44N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 168W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN 162W AND 178W...WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 50N 178W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 155E 986 MB DRIFTING NW. WITHIN 360 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN  
780 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS NW OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 125W 1006 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM 
W AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM W AND 840 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. S OF 39N E OF 127W...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 38N BETWEEN 119W AND 129W...WINDS LESS 
THAN 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N 142W 994 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM W OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 53N 134W TO 50N 
131W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 57N 167W TO 59N 179W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 161W TO 57N 172W TO 60N 
179W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 53N BETWEEN 130W AND 143W...WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 53N 133W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 147W AND 165W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 138W AND 151W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 155W AND 165W...ALSO 
FROM 48N TO 51N BETWEEN 174W AND 180 DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 37N 148W 1036 MB MOVING NE 20 KT THROUGH 24 HOURS...THEN 
TURNING SW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 138W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 141W 1035 MB. 

.HIGH 37N 178W 1023 MB MOVING E 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 160W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 35N 141W. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN FEB 3
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON FEB 4
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE FEB 5

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS
20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 7N TO 24N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 28N W OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 21N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 24N W OF 111W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 23N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 5N TO 23N W OF 110W SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.N OF 29N BETWEEN 118W AND 128W W WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 28N WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N E OF 133W NLY WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 
13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 21N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
9 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.

.6 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA W TO NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC SUN FEB 3...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 2N78W 5N96W 6N115W 3N140W. 
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER KIMBERLAIN/MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.