Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 04:45:07 -0600

110 
FZPN40 PHFO 131045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN JAN 13 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 13 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 14 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 15 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
COLD FRONT 30N 151W 26N 155W 23N 159W CONTINUING AS A SHEAR LINE 
THROUGH 20N 171W. FRONT MOVING E 20 KT AND SHEAR LINE MOVING SE 
20 KT. W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N 
BETWEEN COLD FRONT AND 169W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
COLD FRONT N OF 26N. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF COLD FRONT 
N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 143W 24N 147W 21N 150W. SHEAR LINE 
DISSIPATED. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N E OF 
146W. ALSO N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 24N BETWEEN 162W 
AND 151W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT MOVED E OF AREA. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT IN AREA N OF 24N BETWEEN 158W AND 147W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT NW OF FORECAST WATERS. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA NW OF 
LINE 30N 171E 27N 160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 169E 26N 160E. W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT IN AREA BETWEEN COLD FRONT AND A LINE 30N 177W 27N 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 176E 23N 167E. W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT IN AREA BETWEEN COLD FRONT AND A LINE 30N 30N 172W 26N 171E.

RIDGE 30N 170W 25N 162W MOVING E 15 KT.

RIDGE 30N 179W 25N 160E MOVING SE 15 KT.

RIDGE 28N 140W 23N 154W MOVING S SLOWLY AND ERODING FROM THE W.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 20N BETWEEN 165E AND 
165W...AND FROM 20N TO 24N BETWEEN 173E AND 164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 06N TO 23N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 171E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 22N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 177E.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 18 TO 28 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 27N 174W 22N 172W 22N 168W 
29N 156W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINE 05N 160E 09N 166E 
04N 175E EQ 178E...AND FROM 25N TO 28N W OF 168E. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT 
ELSEWHERE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 21 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 171W 
30N 144W 08N 170W 07N 172E 16N 166E 22N 174E 24N 176W 30N 171W. 
SEAS 12 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 163E 29N 163E 27N 166E 
30N 175E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINE 07N 160E 09N 165E 
EQ 175E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINES THROUGH 
05N 160E 07N 166E EQ 175E...AND THROUGH 14N 140W EQ 153W. SEAS 9 TO 
19 FT ELSEWHERE.

ITCZ...05N 140W 05N 180 07N 166E 07N 160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 390 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 165W...AND WITHIN 240 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 
167E.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.