Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 03:42:19 -0600

313 
FQPS01 NFFN 100900 CCA
REVISED

MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE EQUATOR to 25S between 160E and
120W 
issued by Fiji Meteorological Service Jan 100800 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNINGGALE WARNING 004 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 10/0922
UTC 2008 UTC.
CORRECTION TO POSITION AND MOVEMENT...
TROPICAL CYCLONE ELISA CENTRE [992HPA] CATEGORY 1 WAS LOCATED NEAR 22
DECIMAL 1 SOUTH 175 DECIMAL 7 WEST AT 100600 UTC. POSITION POOR. 
REPEAT POSITION 22.1 SOUTH 175.7 WEST AT 100600 UTC.CYCLONE MOVING
SOUTH AT ABOUT 06 KNOTS BUT EXPECTED TO TURN AND ACCELERATE TOWARDS
THE SOUTHEAST.EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 35 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE
POSSIBLY INCREASING TO 45 KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 TO 18 HOURS.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 100 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHEAST SEMICIRCLE                       AND WITHIN 050 MILES OF
CENTRE ELSEWHERE.         
FORECAST POSITION NEAR 24.0S 174.1W AT 101800 UTC                    
  
              AND NEAR 25.4S 171.5W AT 110600 UTC.
ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC
AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 003. 

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 110600 UTC.

 TROPICAL CYCLONE ELISA [992HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 22.1S 175.7W AT
100600 UTC. POSITION POOR. CYCLONE MOVING SOUTH AT ABOUT 06 KNOTS BUT
EXPECTED TO TURN AND ACCELERATE TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION TD 08F [1001HPA] NEAR 15.0S 169.0E SLOW MOVING.
POSITION POOR.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 08S 160E 08S 170E 10S 180 15S 175W 22S 167W SLOW
MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150
MILES OF CZ1.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ2 13S 160E 11S 166E TO TD 08F SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF CZ2.

TROUGH T1 21S 160E TO TD 08F TO 13S 175E 14S 180 TO TC ELISA TO 24S
174W 25S 168W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES OF T1. 

TROUGH T2 17S 163W 16S 157W 18S 150W 25S 144W SLOW MOVING.  POOR
VISIBILITY IN OCCASIONAL RAIN AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120
MILES OF T2.

OUTSIDE OF GALE WARNING AREA EXPECT NORTHEAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 20
TO 30 KNOTS, GUSTING 35 KNOTS WITHIN 120 TO 150 MILES OF THE CENTRE
IN THE SOUTHERN SEMICIRCLE. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE TO
HEAVY SWELLS.

WITHIN 150 MILES OF CZ2 SOUTH OF 13S, EXPECT NORTH TO NORTHWESTERLY
WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KNOTS AT TIMES. ROUGH SEAS.
MODERATE SWELLS, BECOMING HEAVY IN THE AREA BETWEEN 170E AND 180 IN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

OVER BROAD AREA EAST OF 160W MODERATE SOUTH TO SOUTHWESTERLY SWELLS,
BECOMING HEAVY SOUTH OF 10S BETWEEN 150W AND 120W. SWELLS SLOWLY
MOVING EAST.  

 

   

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.