Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:45:05 -0600

735 
TXPS40 PHFO 161145
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1145 UTC WED JAN 16 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA NEAR 15.0S 165.3E AT 16/1030 UTC BASED ON 
MTSAT 4 KM RESOLUTION EIR IMAGERY AND ANIMATION. POSITION ACCURATE 
WITHIN 45 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND SPEED 45 KT. 
MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARDS 090 DEGREES AT 08 KT OVER THE PAST 6 
HOURS.

T2.5/3.0/D1.5/24 HOURS

REMARKS...FUNA IS LOOKING SLIGHTLY LESS ORGANIZED IN RECENT IR 
IMAGERY. DATA FROM A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS ALSO HELPED DETERMINE 
POSITION OF LLCC. THE LOG10 SPIRAL HAD A WRAP OF 0.5...WHICH YIELDS 
A DT OF 2.5. PT AND MET AGREE. FT BASED ON DT.

$$

HOUSTON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.