Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:40:32 -0600

756 
ATHW40 PHFO 210040
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC MON JAN 21 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 21 2008

RIDGING NORTH OF KAUAI REMAINS THE DOMINANT WEATHER FEATURE THIS 
AFTERNOON...KEEPING TRADE WIND FLOW OVER THE AREA. LOW CLOUDS 
UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING IN FROM THE EAST AROUND 20 MILES 
AN HOUR.

CLOUDS HAVE DECREASED OVER THE WATERS UPSTREAM OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. THE HEAVIEST CONCENTRATION OF 
CLOUDS IS UPSTREAM OF THE BIG ISLAND WITH A BATCH OF LOW CLOUDS 
ABOUT 25 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...EXTENDING TO THE 
NORTHEAST ABOUT 80 MILES.

THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS HAS MOVED TO 
THE EAST OVER THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS AND CONTINUED TO WEAKEN. AT 2 
PM...THE TROUGH AXIS WAS ALONG A LINE FROM 23.6N 141.5W TO 13.0N 
149.3W. 

THE NEXT SURFACE FEATURE IS A COLD FRONT ABOUT 940 MILES NORTHWEST 
OF KAUAI THIS AFTERNOON. THE LOW PRESSURE CENTER ASSOCIATED WITH THE 
COLD FRONT IS NORTH OF 40N. THE FRONT LIES ROUGHLY ALONG A LINE FROM 
40N 167W TO 32N 170W TO 26N 176W TO 23N 173E. 

SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS REMAIN OVER THE EASTERN TWO-THIRDS OF 
KAUAI THIS AFTERNOON...AND OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE AND THE ADJACENT 
COAST ON OAHU. JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER MOLOKAI...LANAI AND 
KAHOOLAWE AT 2 PM. ON MAUI...CLOUDS LINGER OVER THE EAST FACING 
SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES 
OF HALEAKALA FROM PAUWELA TO HANA TO NUU. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE 
FOUND OVER THE WEST FACING SLOPES OF MAUI. CLOUDS ARE PLENTIFUL OVER 
THE BIG ISLAND SLOPES FROM UPOLU POINT TO CAPE KUMUKAHI TO 
VOLCANO...AND FROM PAHALA TO SOUTH POINT TO THE KONA VILLAGE RESORT 
AREA. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.