Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:40:57 -0600

400 
ATPQ40 PGUM 130240
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST SUN JAN 13 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 3N130E TO EQ151E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROUGH ARE OCCURRING SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST 
OF PALAU...BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND A LINE FROM 6N130E TO 6N143E TO 
1N146E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS FROM CHUUK 
EASTWARD THROUGH THE MARSHALL ISLANDS...BETWEEN 4N AND 10N FROM 149E 
TO 180. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO FOUND FARTHER WEST BETWEEN 8N AND 
10N FROM 142E TO 144E.

THE REMNANTS OF AN OLD SHEAR LINE ARE PRODUCING SCATTERED LIGHT 
SHOWERS FROM WELL NORTH OF POHNPEI EASTWARD TO THE DATE LINE... 
WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 14N160E TO 13N165E TO 16N180.

A WEAK TRADE WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS 
EAST OF THE MARIANAS BETWEEN 13N AND 17N FROM 147E TO 152E.

A COLD FRONT STRETCHES FROM 25N145E TO 22N140E TO 20N130E. PATCHY 
CLOUDINESS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND NORTH OF THIS 
RELATIVELY INACTIVE FRONT.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.