Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:28:38 -0600

094 
FZPN01 KWBC 061628
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 06 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 44N 172W 968 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NW AND 240 NM 
NE QUADRANTS...ALSO FROM 40N TO 44N BETWEEN 170W AND 
175W...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 
NM N...540 NM E...600 NM S AND 540 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 158W 972 MB. FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 
153W AND 163W...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 28 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 36N TO 46N BETWEEN 147W AND 166W...ALSO WITHIN 360 NM N AND 
NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 30 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 53N 140W. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 36N 160E 996 MB MOVING NE 25 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
 S OF 37N W OF 163E...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 175E 972 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W AND 240 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 25 TO 40 FT. FROM 32N TO 
37N BETWEEN 171E AND 180...ALSO WITHIN 240 NM N AND 300 NM 
NE...300 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. 
ALSO S OF 40N BETWEEN 164E AND 174E...AND WITHIN 300 NM NE AND 
420 NM NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 174W 970 MB. FROM 35N TO 42N BETWEEN 
168W AND 179W...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT SEAS 25 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. 
WITHIN 360 NM N AND 420 NM NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 
15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 149W 974 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM CENTER 
TO 49N 144W TO 46N 142W TO 36N 151W. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 300 NM 
E OF FRONT...ALSO WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 140W 969 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...ALSO N OF 41N E OF 126W...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 17 
TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SW AND N SEMICIRCLES...ALSO 
FROM 38N TO 48N BETWEEN 130W AND 144W...AND BETWEEN 38N AND 44N 
W OF 128W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 175E 987 MB MOVING NW 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 360 NM 
N AND 180 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM E...420 NM N AND 420 NM S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 57N 175E TO 54N 178W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 55N BETWEEN 177E AND 178W...WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 59N 145W MOVING NW 10 KT. FROM 53N 
TO 57N BETWEEN 150W AND 158W...ALSO WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 
51N 142W...42N 143W...43N 138W...47N 139W...53N 147W...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 
58N 166W...40N 145W...40N 128W...54N 140W...59N 150W...58N 
166W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N 150W 984 MB. N OF 52N BETWEEN 157W AND 
169W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 08 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 53N 140W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N 145W 1008 MB MOVING SE 35 KT. FROM 33N TO 37N BETWEEN 
135W AND 141W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. S OF 35N E OF 123W...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 36N E OF 127W...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 165E 978 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. N OF 54N W OF 166E...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 47N W OF 
171E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS NW OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 159E 998 MB. S OF 38N W OF 
164E...WINDS 253 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 159W 999 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 153W TO 56N 163W TO 61N 175W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 56N 164W TO 61N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 163W TO 61N 
176W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 155W AND 166W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 45N BETWEEN 140W AND 144W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN JAN 06
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON JAN 07
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE JAN 08

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 14N FROM 94W TO 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NW 
WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS 14 FT.  ELSEWHERE S OF 14N FROM 91W TO 
110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 15N FROM 94W TO 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WIND 20 KT  SEAS 10 FT IN E SWELL.  ELSEWHERE S 
OF 13N FROM 93W TO 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 FT  SEAS 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 9N TO 27N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...
NE TO E WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WIND 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 8N TO 
10N BETWEEN 89W AND 93W  E WIND 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 17N W OF 128W  NE WIND 20 KT  SEAS 11 FT.  ELSEWHERE 
W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 18 FT IN NW SWELL... 
HIGHEST N PART.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 9N TO 19N W OF 118W  NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 15 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W AND S OF 12N FROM 
100W TO 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 13 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 7N TO 17N W OF 115W  NE TO E WIND 20 TO 
25 KT  SEAS 13 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WIND LESS 
THAN 20 KT  SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1445 UTC SUN JAN 6...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 5N100W 7N115W 6N130W 
8N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS FROM 107W TO 
120W AND WITHIN 180 NM N OF AXIS W OF 120W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.