Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 09:56:31 -0600

343 
FZPN01 KWBC 021556
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 02 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 38N 156E 974 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N 
AND W OF 166E...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 42N AND W OF 169E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 161E 965 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 166E 960 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
S AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 240 W QUADRANTS...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT 
SEAS 22 TO 38 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 600 NM SE 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 46N AND W OF 177W... 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 146W 990 MB MOVING SE 40 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM SW AND 840 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
20 FT. 
.24 HOUR DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH NEW LOW 42N 118W 
BELOW.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 180 999 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 720 NM 
SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 172W 986 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 49N 
162W TO 40N 167W TO 35N 172W. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 300 NM N 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM SW...480 NM SE AND 540 NM N QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 420 NM 
E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 166W 987 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NW...240 NM 
N AND 360 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SE...540 NM SW AND 660 NM S 
QUADRANTS...AND FROM 54N TO 60N AND W OF 160W...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 165E 979 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 660 NM S AND SE AND 780 NM NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 166E 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND 600 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 54N 165E 991 MB. WITHIN 420 NM 
SE QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N 149W 979 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 56N 146W TO 50N 137W...AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM W 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 140W 994 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 540 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW INLAND 42N 118W 994 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 660 NM SW AND 1080 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND. FROM 30N TO 39N AND E 
OF 128W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N 178E 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 
360 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 54N 166W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 141W 996 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 48N 150W TO 39N 158W. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 360 NM SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 57N 160W TO 58N 170W TO 60N 179W MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 46N 128W 1003 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 540 
NM S QUADRANTS... WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 42N 118W 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N AND E OF 122W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 42N 118W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.WITHIN 300 NM S OF A LINE FROM 41N 178W TO 44N 158W TO 46N 139W 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 149W AND 166W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 136W AND 154W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 37N 152W 1036 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 139W 1034 MB. 

.HIGH 36N 166E 1020 MB MOVING E 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 178E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 167W 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT FEB 02
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN FEB 03
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON FEB 04

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 6N TO 26N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 
FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 27N BETWEEN 115W AND 121W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT 10 
TO 15 FT N OF 26N W OF 120W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 25N W OF 126W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 
5N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 22N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 27N W OF 
BAJA TO 125W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC SAT FEB 02...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 2N78W 4N108W 2N130W 
2N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.