Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:34:42 -0600

601 
ATPQ40 PGUM 160234
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST SAT FEB 16 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN OLD COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 23N180 TO JUST NORTH OF 
WAKE ISLAND AT 21N166E TO 18N154E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE 
TO ROTA IN THE CNMI TO BEYOND 130E AT 11N. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG THIS BOUNDARY AND NORTHWARD TO 
BEYOND 25N.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 4N130E TO END AT 
EQ144E. CONVERGENT WINDS NEAR THE EASTERN END OF THE TROUGH ARE 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF KOROR 
AND YAP...OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 4N135E TO 5N141E TO EQ144E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS A BROAD AREA OF MICRONESIA WITHIN 150 MILES OF 
A LINE FROM 3N147E TO 5N155E TO 4N165E TO 7N171E TO 6N180. THIS AREA 
INCLUDES MAJURO. CHUUK...POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND KWAJALEIN LIE ON THE 
NORTHERN EDGE OF THIS AREA.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.