Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 22:25:47 -0600

301 
FZPN01 KWBC 080425
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 08 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 39N 179W 970 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 25 TO 37 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 19 TO 
27 FT. ALSO WITHIN 840 NM W AND 600 NM E AND 540 NM S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 166W 971 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 55 KT SEAS 25 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 25 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 840 NM S AND 600 NM N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.   
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 147W 978 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW TO 50N 
137W TO 47N 131W TO 40N 130W. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 
35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM S AND 420 
NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 46N 145W 986 MB MOVING E 30 KT THEN MORE NE IN 18 HOURS. 
WITHIN 240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 55 FT SEAS 18 TO 33 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ALSO WITHIN 840 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY FORECAST LOW 
55N 136W MENTIONED BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 142W 975 MB MOVING E 20 KT WITH FRONT FROM 51N 139W TO 
47N 132W TO 43N 135W. WITHIN 300 NM NW QUADRANT AND 240 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 138W 976 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 136W 980 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 17 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 147W 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 160E 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 167E 990 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM SW AND 300 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 
TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 172W 991 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S AND 300 NM N SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 160E 1002 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 165E 994 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 55N 153W TO 55N 163W TO 61N 177W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 56N 165W TO 60N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 55N 163W TO 60N 
178W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 59N 148W 983 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 360 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 145W AND 165W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 40N AND E OF 130W...DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 34N 125W 1022 MB WILL MOVE SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 120W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 33N 163E 1021 MB WILL MOVE SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 174E 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE JAN 08
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED JAN 09
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU JAN 10

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 27N E OF 130W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN 
NW SWELL. FROM 6N TO 18N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 
TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT  
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 17N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 100W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 17N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N W OF 128W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN FRESH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 103W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 91W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO 
E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID O300 UTC TUE JAN 8...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 5N77W 5N82W 9N87W 9N96W 
5N104W 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG OBSERVED 
WITHIN 120 NM 9N124.5W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER NELSON
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.