Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 04:02:25 -0600

554 
FZPN01 KWBC 231002
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 23 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 175E 984 MB MOVING NE 40 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 240 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 
60 KT SEAS 22 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND 300 
NM W QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF A LINE FROM 44N 165E TO 51N 177E TO 
59N 172W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 176E 969 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 70 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 175E 966 MB WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 55N 172E TO 58N 180 TO 56N 171W TO 38N 175W. OVER ICE FREE 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 150 NM N OF THE FRONT W OF 173W AND 
WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 
34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM OF CENTER AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF 
THE FRONT N OF 56N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM OF CENTER AND WITHIN 420 NM N AND E OF 
THE FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 178W 981 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM NW AND N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 43N 160E TO 41N 163E TO 36N 160E. 
WITHIN 180 NM NE AND SE OF THE FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 
TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 30N 
165E TO 40N 172E TO 49N 160E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 47N 160E TO 47N 165E TO 42N 168E TO 
30N 164E. WITHIN 180 NM N AND E OF THE FRONT N OF 35N...WINDS 40 
TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER WATERS W OF A LINE 
FROM 30N 171E TO 43N 179E TO 52N 166E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N 156W 1014 MB MOVING NE 40 KT AND WILL TURN SE. WITHIN 
240 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 
TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 131W 1005 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 660 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 126W 998 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 840 NM NW AND W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N 175W 1006 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 170W 1010 MB. WITHIN 360 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 61N 160W 997 MB WITH AN ASSOCIATED 
FRONT FROM 58N 157W TO 47N 166W TO 37N 170W. WITHIN 420 NM E OF 
THE FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 
57N 162W TO 60N 180...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 36N 124W 1014 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 720 
NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 125W 1014 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 840 
NM W QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 41N AND 48N BETWEEN 175W AND 175E...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N AND 56N BETWEEN 164W AND 174W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 480 NM SE AND E OF A LINE FROM 58N 157W 
TO 47N 166W TO 37N 170W...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 46N 157W 1041 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N 153W 1044 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N 151W 1041 MB. 

.HIGH 45N 144W 1038 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 46N 153W. 

.HIGH 55N 172W 1032 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 61N 157W 1041 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH WELL INLAND. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 173E 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 175W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED JAN 23
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU JAN 24
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI JAN 25

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 91W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 3N TO 14N BETWEEN 100W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN W SWELL. FROM 11N TO 18N W OF 100W NE TO E WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 12N BETWEEN 106W AND 118W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN W SWELL. FROM 10N TO 21N W OF 130W NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 127W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT.

.N OF 28N W OF 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N W OF 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC WED JAN 23...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 3N78W 7N111W 7N125W 10N133W
8N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.0

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.