Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:43:55 -0600

860 
ATPQ40 PGUM 181443
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST TUE FEB 19 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT/SHEAR LINE AND ASSOCIATED LOW AND MID CLOUD COVER AND 
WIDESPREAD LIGHT RAIN WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS EXTENDS UP TO 700 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF A LINE THAT RUNS FROM 23N154E TO 16N140E TO 15N130E.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N180 TO 15N160E TO BEYOND 
130E AT 14N. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 100 MILES 
NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY BETWEEN 180 AND 148E AND UP TO 300 MILES 
NORTH OF THE BOUNDARY BETWEEN 148E AND 130E.

AN INVERTED TROUGH SOUTH OF YAP IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS UP TO 300 MILES SOUTH OF A LINE THAT 
STRETCHES FROM 6N133E TO 7N137E TO 5N145E. 

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH 
ANOTHER TROUGH OVER POHNPEI AND KOSRAE. THIS AREA IS BOUNDED BY A 
LINE FROM EQ154E TO 6N154E TO 10N159E TO 3N167E TO 7N161E TO EQ159E 
BACK TO EQ154E AND INCLUDES POHNPEI AND KOSRAE.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS IN A SMALL AREA 
WELL TO THE EAST OF KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO...OR EAST OF A LINE THAT 
EXTENDS FROM 5N TO 10N AT 175E...TO BEYOND 180.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.