Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 02:31:51 -0600

107 
FQPS01 NFFN 010600    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE EQUATOR to 25S between 160E and
120W 
issued by Fiji Meteorological Service Feb 010800 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNINGHURRICANE WARNING 002 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Feb
01/0720 UTC 2008 UTC.
SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [945HPA] CATEGORY 3 WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20 DECIMAL 4 SOUTH 170 DECIMAL 8 EAST AT 010600 UTC. POSITION
FAIR.  REPEAT POSITION 20.4 SOUTH 170.8 EAST AT 010600 UTC.CYCLONE
MOVING SOUTH ABOUT 05 KNOTS.
EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 85 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE INCREASING TO
95 KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS.EXPECT WINDS OVER 63 KNOTS WITHIN 35
MILES OF CENTRE.EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 55 MILES OF
CENTRE.EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 180 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMICIRCLE                        
AND WITHIN 120 MILES OF CENTRE ELSEWHERE. 
FORECAST POSITION NEAR 21.1S 170.7E AT 011800 UTC             
              AND NEAR 21.8S 170.6E AT 020600 UTC.
ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC
AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 001.  

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Feb 020600 UTC.

 SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [945HPA] CATEGORY 3 WAS LOCATED
NEAR 20.4S 170.8E. OUTSIDE WARNING AREA: EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 25 TO
30 KNOTS WITHIN 240 MILES OF TC CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI CIRCLE
AND WITHIN 150 MILES ELSELWHERE, WITH ROUGH SEAS AND MODERATE SWELLS.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1: 10S 160E 13S 170E 17S 172E TO TC GENE SLOW
MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 200
MILES OF CZ1 AND TC. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS AND UPTO 30 KNOTS AT TIMES WITHIN 120 MILES OF CZ1. ROUGH TO
VERY ROUGH SEAS.

TROUGH T1: 15S 168E 18S 171E TO TC GENE SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY
IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF T1.

WEAK TROUGH T2: FROM TC GENE TO 20S 176E 13S 173W 10S 1755W 15S 137W
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 120 MILES OF T2.

STATIONARY FRONTAL SYSTEM SF1: 21S 177W 19S 167W 20S 150W 25S 131W.
POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 080 MILES
OF F1.

OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 15S EAST OF 155W, MODERATE SOUTHEASTERLY
SWELL.

NORTH OF 15S EAST OF 170W, MODERATE SWELLS NORTHWEST TENDING
SOUTHWEST EAST OF 140W.

SOUTH OF 20S EAST OF 165E, SOUTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS, MODERATE
SWELLS. 

SOUTH OF 18S AND BETWEEN 178W AND 160W EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO
20 KNOTS AND UPTO 25 KNOTS AT TIMES. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.