Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:52:51 -0600

494 
ATPQ40 PGUM 161452
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST SUN FEB 17 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN OLD COLD FRONT EXTENDS WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 22N180 TO NEAR 
WAKE ISLAND AT 19N167E TO 18N160E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE 
TO ROTA IN THE CNMI NEAR 14N145E TO BEYOND 130E AT 11N. EXTENSIVE 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG THIS BOUNDARY AND 
NORTHWARD TO BEYOND 25N.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 2N137E TO END AT 
EQ144E. CONVERGENT WINDS EAST OF THE TROUGH AXIS ARE PRODUCING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF YAP WITHIN 60 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 3N142E TO THE EQUATOR AT 147E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS IN TWO AREAS OF MICRONESIA. THE FIRST IS BETWEEN 3N 
AND 7N FROM 145E TO 155E WHICH IS JUST SOUTH OF CHUUK. THE SECOND IS 
BETWEEN 2N AND 7N FROM 160E TO 168E WHICH INCLUDES KOSRAE BUT IS 
EAST OF POHNPEI AND SOUTH OF KWAJALEIN.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.