Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:16:11 -0600

037 
WWPS21 NFFN 262100    
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 26/2115 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 12F [1004 HPA] ANALYSED NEAR 12.4S 179.4W AT
261800UTC. POSITION IS POOR ACCORDING TO IR IMAGERY AND SURFACE
OBSERVATIONS. A CYCLONIC CIRCULATION PERSISTS FROM THE SURFACE UP TO
500 HPA WITH AN UPPER SHORT WAVE TROUGH TO THE WEST. 12F IS LOCATED
WITHIN A LOW TO MODERATE SHEAR LOW LEVEL WITH SEA SURFACE
TEMPERATURES AROUND 30 DEGREES CELSIUS. CONVECTION AROUND 12F HAS
IMPROVED OVER THE LAST 12 HOURS. DVORAK ANALYSIS YIELDS A DT OF 1.5
WITH A WRAP OF 0.3 ON LOG 10 SPIRAL. POTENTIAL FOR THIS SYSTEM TO
DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS LOW. 
GLOBAL MODELS HAVE PICKED UP THE SYSTEM AND MOVES IT SOUTHWESTWARDS
WITH LITTLE INTENSIFICATION WITHIN THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS.

NO OTHER DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN THE AREA.            

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.