Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:45:09 -0600

943 
FZPN40 PHFO 200445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED FEB 20 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 20 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 21 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 22 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THROUGH 30N161W 25N172W 19N173E MOVING EAST SLOWLY. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA NORTH OF 28N BETWEEN 155W AND 170W. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N157W 24N170W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N158W 25N 170W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
IN AREA NORTH OF 26N BETWEEN 155W AND 162W.

.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT 30N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA NORTH 
OF 28N WEST OF 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N171E 23N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
IN AREA NORTH OF 26N WEST OF 176E.

.RIDGE THROUGH 22N140W 21N160W 20N180 NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING 
FROM THE WEST.

.RIDGE THROUGH 24N160E 21N171E MOVING EAST 20 KT.

.SEAS 15 TO 19 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160E 30N170W 22N180 22N170E 
30N160E. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160E 
20N140W 22N140W 15N160W 05N170W 05N180 10N160E 30N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 16 FT IN AREA NORTH OF 27N BETWEEN 150W 
AND 175W. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160E 
30N140W 20N140W 20N150W 05N150W EQ175W EQ175E 10N160E 30N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160E 
30N140W 08N140W 05N160W 05N165E 30N160E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 9 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF 
FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 167E AND 
178E.

.ITCZ THROUGH 06N140W 05N157W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 OF 
ITCZ EAST OF 150W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.