Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 03:50:23 -0600

165 
FZPN01 KWBC 010950
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 01 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 53N 146W 962 MB WILL DRIFT E. FRONT
EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER TO 54N 139W TO 48N 134W TO 34N 139W.
WITHIN 180NM N AND NE OF FRONT N OF 49N WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 30
TO 43 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE OF FRONT N OF 44N AND
BETWEEN 300 NM AND 540 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT
SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 60N BETWEEN 127W AND 162W
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 142W 964 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 40N
130W TO 48N 126W. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT
SEAS 17 TO 29 FT. ALSO WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT AND FROM 45N TO
59N BETWEEN 130W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 137W 976 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 180
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 176E 977 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW
CENTER TO 43N 168W. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT W OF 176W WINDS 40
TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM N AND NW OF
FRONT...300 NM SE AND 420 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM N
OF A LINE FROM 36N 166W TO 35N 180 TO 30N 163E...WINDS 25 TO 40
KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 55N
172W TO 59N 179E. WITHIN 120 NM N AND NE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35
KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED BELOW WITH LOW 52N 167W
WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 57N 173W TO 58N 177E...WINDS 20
TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.FROM 41N TO 49N W OF 169E AREA OF SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10
TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 166E 985 MB. WITHIN 960 NM SE AND 480
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 167W 966 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM
NE SEMICIRCLE AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM S AND 660 NM SW
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N 161W 1001 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND
480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 150W 997 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 540
NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 135W 980 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 29 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM
NE...600 NM SE...540 NM SW AND 360 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40
KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 173E 980 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW
WITH LOW 52N 167E.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 167E 986 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S SEMICIRCLE
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N 160W TO 61N 177W AREAS OF MODERATE
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 154W TO 57N 167W TO 60N 
179W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 119W AND 129W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS LESS
THAN 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N 161E 1011 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND N OF
A LINE FROM 30N 169E TO 35N 172W...AREA OF WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS
8 TO 15 FT.

.FROM 34N TO 49N BETWEEN 167W AND 163E AREAS OF DENSE FOG
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 50N BETWEEN 154W AND 174W AREAS OF
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.

.HIGH 34N 127W 1025 MB MOVING S 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA.

.HIGH 32N 168W 1031 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE JAN 01
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED JAN 02
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU JAN 03

.WARNINGS.
...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 
13N96W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 
30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 
11N99W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 
55 KT SEAS 15 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 
13N98W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 10N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS TO 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 12N E OF 97W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W 
8N108W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W 
8N115W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. FROM 8N TO 
14N BETWEEN 115W AND 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
E SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 24N BETWEEN 117W AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 18N BETWEEN 115W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 6N TO 19N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 
12 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 18N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 18N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITH NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 17N W OF 125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 11N W OF 133W E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 
9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N E OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
FT IN E SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N132W 24N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N127W 19N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC TUE JAN 1...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...6N77W 8N85W 8N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.