Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:59:31 -0600

082 
FXPQ60 PGUM 241859
AFDPQ 

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
459 AM CHST FRI JAN 25 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
DRY NORTHEAST TRADES CONTINUE ACROSS THE MARIANAS...WITH DEWPOINTS
RUNNING IN THE MID 60S. NOTHING TO SPEAK OF ON THE RADAR OTHER
THAN CHAFF. 

&&

.DISCUSSION...
LITTLE CHANGE IN THE LATEST MODELS. SLIGHT DEEPENING OF MOIST
LAYER OVER THE WEEKEND SHOULD ALLOW ISOLD SHOWERS TO RETURN OVER
THE WEEKEND...BUT TODAY LOOKS PRETTY DRY. 

&&

.MARINE/SURF...
WW3 SHOWS A NEW ROUND OF NNW SWELL ARRIVING OVER THE WEEKEND...
GENERATED BY STRONG WINDS BEHIND A COLD FRONT E OF JAPAN. THIS
WILL LIKELY BRING HAZ SURF TO TINIAN/SAIPAN SAT NIGHT OR SUNDAY...
AND POSSIBLY TO GUAM/ROTA BY SUN NIGHT. 

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
LITTLE CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS FORECAST...A DRY TRADE REGIME WILL 
CONTINUE TO KEEP MOST OF EASTERN MICRONESIA UNDER PARTLY CLOUDY 
SKIES WITH ONLY ISOLATED SHOWERS THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK. MODELS 
HINT AT VERY LITTLE IN THE WAY OF SIGNIFICANT WEATHER PRODUCERS
THROUGH THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS. HOWEVER...WW3 OUTPUT DOES CONTINUE
TO SUGGEST THAT SURF WILL ONCE AGAIN REACH HAZARDOUS LEVELS FOR
SOME ISLANDS BY MONDAY.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
MUCH OF THE SAME FOR WESTERN MICRONESIA...THE NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH 
WILL REMAIN FAR ENOUGH SOUTH AND HAVE NEGLIGIBLE EFFECT ON REGIONAL
WEATHER. MODERATE TO FRESH DRY TRADES WILL DOMINATE AND ANCHOR
GENERALLY FAIR WEATHER CONDITIONS THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK.

WW3 MODEL OUTPUT INDICATES THAT HAZARDOUS SURF WILL PERSIST THROUGH 
SATURDAY FOR YAP AND THROUGH SUNDAY FOR PALAU ON NORTHEAST AND EAST
FACING REEFS.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.

&&

$$

MIDDLEBROOKE/LEE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.