Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:30:10 -0600

016 
ATHW40 PHFO 110530
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC MON FEB 11 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC FEBRUARY 11 2008

WATER VAPOR SHOWS THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH THAT BROUGHT THE RAIN TO 
THE ISLANDS LAST WEEK HAS MOVED EAST OF THE STATE AND THE AXIS OF 
THE TROUGH RUNS FROM 5N 150W TO 30N 138W. AN UPPER LEVEL LOW SITS AT 
THE BOTTOM OF THE TROUGH CENTERED AT 10N 148W. OVERCAST LAYERED 
CLOUDS ARE LOCATED ALONG THE LOW/S EASTERN SEMICIRCLE AND A CLOUD 
SHIELD EMANATES TO THE EAST AND NORTHEAST COVERING THE AREAS FROM 
148W TO 140W BETWEEN 8N TO 20N. THE CLOUD SHIELD CONTINUES INTO THE 
EASTERN PACIFIC. THUNDERSTORMS ARE EMBEDDED WITHIN THE LAYERED 
CLOUDS CLOSE TO THE UPPER LOW WITH CUMULONIMBUS TOPS REACHING 45 
THOUSAND FEET.

A COLD FRONT IS MOVING 25 MPH TOWARD THE EAST NORTH OF THE ISLANDS 
AND THE ASSOCIATED CLOUD BAND STRETCHES FROM 25N 170W TO 30N 155W. 
THE CLOUD BAND IS MADE UP OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED 
CUMULONIMBUS.

OVER THE ISLANDS...TRADES ARE BRINGING BROKEN SC TO WINDWARD 
LOCATIONS OF ALL ISLANDS. LEEWARD BIG ISLAND AND LEEWARD 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA ALSO HAVE BROKEN SC THAT ARE SLOWLY CLEARING AS 
THE ISLANDS COOL. ON OAHU THE WAIANAE MTS HAVE BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS 
AND CUMULUS PRODUCING SOME SHOWERS. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.