Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:34:25 -0600

786 
ATHW40 PHFO 120034
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT JAN 12 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 12 2008

OVER THE ISLANDS...KAUAI HAS SCATTERED SC WITH PATCHES OF BROKEN SC. 
OAHU HAS BROKEN SC OVER MOST OF THE ISLAND WITH THE CLEAREST SKIES 
FROM DIAMOND HEAD TO MAKAPUU. MAUI COUNTY HAS BROKEN SC ON WINDWARD 
SIDES AND THE LEE SIDE OF HALEAKALA...WITH MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES 
ELSEWHERE. THE BIG ISLAND LEEWARD COAST AND KAU DISTRICT BOTH HAVE 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST SKIES WHILE WINDWARD AREAS HAVE THIN BROKEN SC. 
CLEAR SKIES PREVAIL AT THE SUMMITS OF HALEAKALA AND THE BIG ISLAND 
DOWN TO 8 THOUSAND FEET.

THE TAIL END OF A COLD FRONT CONTINUES IS MOVING EAST AT 12 MPH 
NEAR 30N 156W...FAR NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS. BROKEN MID AND HIGH 
CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT EXTEND FROM 30N 140W TO 20N 148W. 

BETWEEN 10N AND 20N LOW LEVEL CLOUD MOTION IS TOWARD THE WEST AT 20 
TO 30 MPH AND SKIES ARE SCATTERED WITH FREQUENT PATCHES OF BROKEN SC.

FROM 140W TO 150W BETWEEN 10N AND 30N BROKEN TO OVERCAST SC AND 
STRATUS ARE MOVING EAST TO NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 20 MPH. BEHIND THE 
AFOREMENTIONED FRONT SCATTERED SC ARE MOVING NORTHEAST IN AREAS 
NORTH OF 25N AND MOVING WEST IN AREAS SOUTH OF 25N. 

A CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A COLD FRONT FAR NORTHWEST OF THE 
STATE STRETCHES FROM 30N 162W TO 23N 180. OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS 
WITH EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS MAKE UP THIS CLOUD BAND FROM 30N TO 27N 
AND THEN TRANSITION TO TOWERING CUMULUS AND SC SOUTH OF 27N. THE 
CLOUD BAND IS MOVING QUICKLY EAST AT 35 MPH.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.