Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:59:04 -0600

850 
ATPQ40 PGUM 200258
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST WED FEB 20 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN OLD SHEAR LINE STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 20N180 TO SOUTH OF 
WAKE ISLAND AT 17N167E TO NEAR GUAM AT 12N145E. PATCHY CLOUDS WITH 
ISOLATED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 125 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.
 
ANOTHER SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 24N180 TO NORTH OF 
WAKE ISLAND AT 20N167E TO NORTH OF SAIPAN AT 16N146E TO END AT 
12N132E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS AND PATCHY RAIN 
ARE FOUND ALONG AND NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY TO BEYOND 25N.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS EASTWARD FROM 1N130E TO END AT EQ140E. 
NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE 
TROUGH ARE OCCURRING SOUTH OF YAP AND KOROR WITHIN 160 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 5N130E TO EQ143E.

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHWARD FROM EQ152E TO 9N151E. LOW-LEVEL 
CONVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TROUGH IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS OVER CHUUK AND POHNPEI BUT SOUTH OF 
KOSRAE. THIS LARGE AREA IS WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM EQ146E TO 
8N153E...AND THEN WITHIN 90 MILES FROM 8N153E TO 3N163E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE MARSHALL ISLANDS BOUNDED BY 4N164E TO 11N170E 
TO 7N180 TO 5N180 AND BACK TO 4N164E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.