Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:11:25 -0600

416 
ATPQ40 PGUM 240211
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST THU JAN 24 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS FROM EQ130E TO 2N145E TO EQ159E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING MAINLY 
ALONG AND JUST NORTH OF THE TROUGH...PRIMARILY BETWEEN 130E AND 134E 
WHICH IS SOUTHWEST OF PALAU AND ALSO BETWEEN 137E AND 159E...WELL 
SOUTH OF THE PRIMARY ISLANDS WITHIN YAP...CHUUK AND POHNPEI STATE 
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF KAPINGAMARANGI AND NUKUORO ATOLLS.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 23N180 TO NEAR WAKE ISLAND AT 18N168E AND 
THEN EXTENDS BACK TO AROUND 22N153E. LOW LEVEL CLOUDINESS AND 
SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 100 MILES NORTH OF 
THIS BOUNDARY.

ALONG THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF OUR DISCUSSION AREA...AN EXTENSIVE 
AREA OF SCATTERED SHOWERS AND MID TO LOW-LEVEL CLOUD COVER EXISTS 
WITHIN THE COOL NORTHERLY FLOW COMING OFF OF MAINLAND CHINA... 
PRIMARILY NORTH OF 20N AND WEST OF 138E. OTHERWISE WITHIN MICRONESIA 
HIGH PRESSURE PREVAILS WITH ONLY A FEW LINES OF TRADE-WIND SHOWERS 
PROPAGATING WESTWARD. 

$$ 

EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.