Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:24:55 -0600

048 
ATHW40 PHFO 310024
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC THU JAN 31 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 31 2008

A LOW ALOFT CONTINUES TO SPIN OVER THE STATE THIS AFTERNOON.  WATER 
VAPOR IMAGERY AND SATELLITE DERIVED WINDS SUGGEST THE CENTER REMAINS 
ABOUT 75 MILES WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  THE LOW IS NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND ELONGATING ROUGHLY ALONG A SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST 
AXIS. TOWERING CUMULUS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO FIRE 
UP NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER...ALONG AND OFFSHORE OF THE WINDWARD 
SECTIONS OF MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND.  THE HIGHEST TOPS IN THE AREA 
ARE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 28 TO 30 THOUSAND FEET. SCATTERED 
TOWERING CUMULUS AND ATTENDANT HEAVY SHOWERS ARE IMPACTING THE UPPER 
SLOPES OF THE KAU DISTRICT ON THE BIG ISLAND.  ISOLATED TOWERING 
CUMULUS IS NOTED OVER THE KONA COAST...FAR SHALLOWER CONVECTION THAN 
THE THUNDERSTORMS AND HAIL SEEN YESTERDAY.

SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER MOST OF MOLOKAI OAHU AND KAUAI. 
OUTSIDE OF THE AREA OF TOWERING CUMULUS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
BENEATH THE LOW ALOFT...SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE 
NOTED ELSEWHERE WITHIN A FEW HUNDRED MILES IS ALL DIRECTIONS FROM 
THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. AVERAGE CLOUD MOTION IS TOWARD THE WEST 
SOUTHWEST AT 25 TO 30 MPH.

$$

TANABE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.