Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:59:32 -0600

441 
TXPS40 PHFO 311559
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1559 UTC THU FEB 31 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE LOCATED NEAR 19.5S 171.0E AT 31/1430 UTC BASED 
ON MTSAT 4 KM IR SECTORS AND ANIMATION. POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 30 
NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND SPEED 90 KT. MOVEMENT 
ESTIMATED TOWARD 240 DEGREES AT 2 KT OVER THE PAST 4 HOURS.

T5.0/5.0/D0.5/22 HRS

REMARKS...LG EYE SURROUNDED BY A B RING YIELDS A DT OF 5.0. MET AND 
PAT AGREE. DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES...NO FIX WILL BE AVAILABLE AT 
1630 UTC. THE NEXT FIX WILL USE THE 31/2230 UTC IMAGERY.

INTERMITTENT EYE IS NOTED BUT USED EMBEDDED CENTER PATTERN 
GIVEN LACK OF GOOD EYE SIGNATURE IN BD ENHANCEMENT. EMBEDDED CENTER 
WITHIN WHITE YIELDS DT OF 5.0. MET IS 5.0. PAT IS ALSO 5.0. FT BASED 
ON DT...MET AND PAT.

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.