Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:03:05 -0600

472 
FZPN01 KWBC 022203
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 02 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 47N 177W 984 MB MOVING E 45 KT AND INTENSIFYING. FRONT 
EXTENDS FROM 47N 174W TO 40N 180 TO 34N 170E. FROM 38N TO 44N 
BETWEEN FRONT AND 170W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 150W 966 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM 
W AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 45 TO 65 KT 
SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM W QUADRANT AND 300 NM 
E SEMICIRCLE...ALSO FROM 36N TO 47N BETWEEN 140W AND 160W...AND 
BETWEEN 43N AND 50N FROM 160W TO 170W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 134W 960 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 600 NM 
S QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 45 
TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 44 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND 540 NM W...300 NM NW...300 NM N QUADRANTS...AND FROM 33N TO 
50N E OF 130W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 140W 1000 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 41N 140W TO 35N 146W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 40N BETWEEN 145W AND 160W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 130W 980 MB. FROM 41N TO 45N E OF 
133W...ALSO WITHIN 360 NM E QUADRANT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 13 
TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 141W 965 MB MOVING N 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM E SEMICIRCLE...300 NM NW QUADRANT...ALSO FROM 46N 
TO 54N BETWEEN 140W AND 154W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 139W 976 MB. FORECAST CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 179W 983 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 168E 980 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 47N TO 51N BETWEEN 
164E AND 170E...ALSO FROM 43N TO 47N W OF 166E...WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 178W 990 MB. FROM 47N TO 52N BETWEEN 
175W AND 175E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 45N TO 53N W OF 180...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 45N TO 50N BETWEEN 150W 
AND 166W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N 168E 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 180 1007 MB. FROM 34N TO 43N BETWEEN 
178E AND 170W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 154W 976W 976 MB. FROM 52N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 163W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 139W 976 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 50N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 170W...ALSO WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 58N 162W TO 61N 177W AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 173E 1004 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E AREAS OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED CONDITIONS. 

.HIGH 30N 168W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 164W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED JAN 02
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU JAN 03
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI JAN 04

.WARNINGS.
...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 12N101W 
N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 15N95W 
12N98W NELY WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 8N105W NELY WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 15N95W 
12N98W NELY WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 15N95W 8N105W NELY WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 15N95W 
12N98W NELY WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 20 KT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS.  WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N95W 15N96W 11N100W 11N112W NELY WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS. FROM 4N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 112W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS.  FROM 4N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 115W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS.  FROM 5N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 115W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 16N TO THE EQUATOR BETWEEN 92W AND 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 7N TO 13N E OF 92W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT AND GUSTY SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 200 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 13N88W 7N95W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT AND GUSTY SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 160 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 13N88W 7N95W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

.N OF 5N FROM 79W TO 81W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 4N FROM 79W TO 84W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 4N FROM 79W TO 84W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS TO 10 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 17N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT. S OF 8N W OF 135W SE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 FT WITH NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 8N TO 25N BETWEEN 114W AND 124W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 15N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT WITH NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 15N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT WITH NW SWELL. 

.NW OF LINE 30N130W 22N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N W OF 125W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N122W 15N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N W OF 119W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM 30N116W 
10N122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC WED JAN 2...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 8N105W 8N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 8.6N98.8W.
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 10N TO 11N FROM 105W TO 121W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF 7.7N121.6W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM OF 8.6N138.5W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER LL/COBB
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.