Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:32:51 -0600

469 
TXPS40 PHFO 162332
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2332 UTC WED JAN 16 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA NEAR 14.9S 167.4E AT 16/2230 UTC BASED ON 
MTSAT 2 KM VIS AND 4 KM RESOLUTION IR IMAGERY AND ANIMATION. 
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 45 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND 
SPEED 45 KT. MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARDS 090 DEGREES AT 12 KT OVER 
THE PAST 6 HOURS.

T3.0/3.0/D1.0/24 HOURS

REMARKS...DEEP CONVECTION HAS BEEN PULSING NEAR THE CENTER. THE 
LOG10 SPIRAL HAD A WRAP OF 0.7...WHICH YIELDS A DT OF 3.0. PT YIELDS 
3.5. FT BASED ON DT AND USED FOR CI.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.