Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:45:11 -0600

961 
FZPN40 PHFO 060445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED FEB 06 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 06 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 07 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 08 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT 30N173E 23N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT ABSORBED BY NEW COLD FRONT.

.COLD FRONT 30N166E 26N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 29N W OF 170E. 
SEAS 15 TO 20 FT N OF 30N178E 26N170E 30N162E. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF 30N178W 23N170E 22N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N178W 24N175E THENCE STATIONARY FRONT THRU
23N 164E. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS 14 TO 
17 FT N OF 30N165W 24N175W 30N180. ELSEWHERE SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF 
30N161W 12N180 22N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N160W 25N170W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF 23N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 180.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT ENTERING FORECAST AREA. WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT N OF 25N W OF 170E.

.RIDGE 30N166W 26N180 21N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE 
WEST.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 08N AND 23N E OF 165W...AND FROM 05N TO 
14N E OF 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 09N AND 18N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 18N E OF 150W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT OVER FORECAST AREA N OF 04N UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED 
ABOVE. 

.ITCZ...06N140W 06N160W 04N180 04N171E.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 150W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.