Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:32:15 -0600

352 
ATPQ40 PGUM 151532
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST SAT FEB 16 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN OLD COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N175E TO WEST OF WAKE 
ISLAND AT 20N161E THEN CONTINUES WESTWARD AS A SHEAR LINE TO 
20N154E...AND TURNS SOUTHWESTWARD ACROSS TINIAN NEAR 14N145E TO END 
AT 13N141E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND 
ALONG AND NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY TO BEYOND 25N.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHWARD FROM 8N137E TO 13N137E. STRONG 
CONVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TROUGH IS PRODUCING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS NORTH OF YAP BETWEEN 11N AND 15N 
FROM 137E TO 141E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES NORTHWESTWARD FROM 2N147E TO 
7N140E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING 
SOUTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS WITHIN A TRIANGULAR AREA BOUNDED BY EQ149E 
TO 6N141E TO EQ135E AND BACK TO EQ149E. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF CHUUK AND POHNPEI BUT OVER KOSRAE AND MAJURO 
TO THE DATELINE. THIS AREA IS WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 2N148E 
TO 5N158E TO 4N166E TO 6N173E TO 4N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.