Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:33:24 -0600

307 
ATHW40 PHFO 150033
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI FEB 15 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC FEBRUARY 15 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW REMAINS EAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS NEAR 
22.1N 141.9W. THIS PLACES THE LOW ABOUT 1030 MILES EAST OF HONOLULU. 
OVER THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS THE LOW HAS MOVED TO THE SOUTHWEST 
AROUND 15 MPH.

HIGH CLOUDS CONTINUE TO PASS OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM THE 
NORTHWEST IN AHEAD OF THE NEXT COLD FRONT. AT 2 PM...TWO MAIN AREAS 
OF HIGH CLOUDS WERE IMPACTING THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE FIRST 
AREA IS A NORTH NORTHEAST TO SOUTH SOUTHWEST ORIENTED BAND THAT LIES 
ALONG A LINE FROM 25.9N 156.5W TO 18.1N 158.9W...PLACING THE BAND 
OVER LANAI AND MOLOKAI...OBSCURING THE LOWER CLOUDS OVER THESE 
ISLANDS. THE OTHER BAND IS ORIENTED MORE NORTH TO SOUTH AND LIES 
ALONG A LINE FROM 23.8N 158.7W TO 20.2N 159.3W...WITH MOST OF THE 
BAND OVER THE KAUAI CHANNEL.

THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE PART OF A COLD FRONT SYSTEM TO THE NORTH OF 
THE ISLANDS THIS AFTERNOON. AT 2 PM...THE LEADING EDGE OF THE 
MULTI-LAYERED CLOUD BAND MARKING THE FRONT LIES ALONG A LINE FROM 
27.7N 168.1W TO 30.9N 151.4W TO 40.0N 142.1W...AND CONTINUES TO THE 
NORTH. 

SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE OVER EASTERN KAUAI THIS 
AFTERNOON...WHILE SKIES ARE VIRTUALLY CLOUD FREE OVER NIIHAU. ON 
OAHU CLOUDS ARE PLENTIFUL OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES AND ATOP THE 
KOOLAU RANGE. LOW CLOUDS HAVE INCREASED OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES 
OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND OVER THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA OVER 
THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS.

CLOUDS HAVE ALSO INCREASED OVER THE BIG ISLAND SLOPES SINCE 
DAYBREAK. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE OVER THE NORTH HILO...SOUTH HILO 
AND PUNA DISTRICTS. BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUDS COVER THE LOW EAST 
FACING SLOPES OF THE NORTH KOHALA AND HAMAKUA DISTRICTS. CLOUDS ARE 
ALSO PLENTIFUL OVER THE KAU...SOUTH KONA AND NORTH KONA DISTRICTS 
THIS AFTERNOON.

$$ 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.