Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:41:20 -0600

103 
FZPN01 KWBC 112141
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 11 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 40N 176W 988 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 240 NM 
W QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT AND 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 
50 KT SEAS 16 TO 32 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 160W AND 
175E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 164W 996 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM NW QUADRANT AND 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N 153W 1005 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND 540 
NM N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 145W 976 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 120 NM W 
QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 240 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 
TO 65 KT SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM SW...360 NM E AND 
420 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SW AND E AND 660 NM SE QUADRANTS...AND 
WITHIN 360 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 138W 972 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 
W...240 NM SW...300 NM E AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 
KT SEAS 16 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE NE AND E OF A LINE FROM 44N 124W 
TO 46N 138W TO 53N 143W TO 58N 143W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 
TO 23 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND. FORECAST CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 54N 134W BELOW.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN LOW 40N 163E 985 
MB...WITH SECOND LOW 45N 167E 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 360 
NM S QUADRANTS MAIN LOW...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E AND 300 NM SE QUADRANTS SECOND 
LOW...AND 180 NM AND 600 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS MAIN LOW...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 173E 948 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 53N 178W TO 48N 171W TO 40N 180 TO 30N 162E. WITHIN 
180 NM SW AND 240 NM S QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM N AND NE OF 
FRONT N OF 50N...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
300 NM SW AND 420 NM SE QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E 
OF FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM SW 540 NM SE QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 480 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT N OF 44N...AND WITHIN 600 NM E OF FRONT S OF 44N...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 54N 160E 984 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 55N 171E TO 48N 178E. WITHIN 120 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 
51N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM NE 
OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM SE AND 660 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 18 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL W OF AREA. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
57N 175E TO 50N 180 TO 45N 177W. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 53N 173E ABOVE. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N 150W 992 MB WITH FRONT FROM 43N 
147W TO 30N 156W. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NW AND 660 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 134W 987 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 48N 134W TO 30N 148W. WITHIN 120 NM SW AND 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM NW AND 240 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 61N 147W 994 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 660 NM 
W QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 50N TO 59N BETWEEN 145W 
AND 165W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 60N 147W 996 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 720 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 39N 162E 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E AND 300 NM S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 179E 1004 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE AND 420 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 53N 173E 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N 167E 989 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
SE...300 NM W AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
16 TO 23 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 58N 172W TO 55N 162W TO 55N 153W MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 170W TO 55N 162W TO 55N 
152W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 54N 157W TO 54N 149W MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 120W AND 123W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 120W AND 129W AREA OF  
 WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 53N 172E 994 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE AND 
180 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS MOVED W OF AREA. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 49N BETWEEN 170W AND 176W...ALSO 
FROM 41N TO 46N BETWEEN 133W AND 137W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 31N 130W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY...WILL MOVE NE 10 KT 
AFTER 24 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 127W 1028 MB. 

.HIGH 31N 164E 1028 MB MOVING E 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 180 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 167W 1028 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 60N 173W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 60N 165W 1020 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 43N 156W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI JAN 11
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT JAN 12
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN JAN 13

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 5N TO 20N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 
N OF 20N W OF 135W SE TO S WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 3N W OF 113W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 21N W OF 121W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST W OF 150W. N OF 21N BETWEEN
120W AND 130W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT 
PRIMARILY IN N SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 27N. N OF 21N W OF 121W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 5N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY 
IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 22N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. N OF 25N BETWEEN 121W AND 125W N TO NE WINDS 20 
KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN N SWELL. FROM 22N TO 25N W OF 
135W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
PRIMARILY
IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 25N.

.42 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W 14N95W 
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1945 UTC FRI JAN 11...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...6N78W 4N90W 5N100W 6N110W 5N120W
7N125W 5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM S OF THE AXIS 
BETWEEN 117W AND 120W...AND ALSO WITHIN 30 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN
126W AND 129W.

$$
FORECASTER AGUIRRE/CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.