Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:45:09 -0600

937 
FZPN40 PHFO 161645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT FEB 16 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 16 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 17 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 18 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST NORTH OF FORECAST AREA.  WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 26N160E 30N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NORTH OF FORECAST AREA.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF 28N W OF 172E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N170E 26N165E 25N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
N OF LINE 25N160E 25N170E 30N180.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT 30N161W 26N170W 20N160E.  FRONT MOVING EAST 10 KT.  WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N156W 25N166W 23N179W.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N149W 27N154W 27N163W.  WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE THRU 30N145W 23N153W 19N170W 19N162E MOVING E 15 KT N OF 25N 
AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE.

.SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE 24N160E 24N 170E 30N180.  SEAS 8 FT OR 
LESS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 14N160E 26N170W 26N160W 18N160W 10N175E 
EQ 175E EQ160E 14N160E.  ELSEWHERE SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE 30N150W 05N160E.  
ELSEWHERE SEAS MOSTLY 8 FT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 30N180 25N160E.  SEAS 
8 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE 30N140W EQ160E.  ELSEWHERE SEAS MOSTLY 8 TO 
14 FT. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ 07N140W 08N147W 06N160W 07N180 04N160E.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN W OF 170E...AND WITHIN 90 NM 
N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 144N AND 158W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.