Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:46:08 -0600

046 
FXPQ60 PGUM 011946
AFDPQ 

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
546 AM CHST SAT FEB 2 2008

.SYNOPSIS...
ONLY A FEW CLOUDS AND SHOWERS WERE ABLE TO BE SEEN ON THE
SATELLITE AND RADAR THIS MORNING.

&&

.DISCUSSION...LITTLE CHANGE TO THE FORECAST. GFS AND UKMET BOTH
INDICATE THAT THE WINDS WILL GRADUALLY RISE THROUGH THE DAY TODAY
AND PEAK ON SUNDAY. NGPS HINTS AT THIS ALSO. EARLIER FORECAST HAD
CLOUDS SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY. GFS...UKMET AND ECMWF STILL HINTS AT
THIS SO I LEFT IT IN THE FORECAST. DESPITE THE CLOUDS ALL MODELS
KEEP THE WEATHER DRY.

&&
.MARINE...LITTLE CHANGE HERE AS WELL...THE NORTH AND EAST SWELL
CONTINUES THROUGH THE FORECAST. MODELS DO NOT INDICATE ANY LARGE
SWELLS SO THERE IS NOT ANY HAZARDOUS SURF EVENTS EXPECT THE NEXT
FEW DAYS. A MODERATE RISK OF RIP CURRENTS IS EXPECTED THOUGH.

&&

.FIRE WEATHER...WITH THE KDBI ABOVE 600 AND WINDS FORECAST TO
INCREASE A RED FLAG WARNING IS POSSIBLE AT LEAST ON SUNDAY. WITH
LITTLE IN THE WAY OF PRECIPITATION EXPECTED THE NEXT TEN DAYS...A
RED FLAG WARNING IS MORE THAN LIKELY AT LEAST ONCE IN THE FIRST
HALF OF FEBRUARY.

&&

.MICRONESIA...
GFS40 STILL ATTEMPTS TO INVOKE SOME TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE OVER THE 
MICRONESIAN ISLANDS DURING THE MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY TIME FRAME. 
ECMWF-HIRES AND NOGAPS SEEMS TO BE FARTHER SOUTH...WHICH MATCHES 
BETTER WITH THE PATTERN THAT HAS BEEN IN PLACE. FEEL THIS SHOULD 
HOLD FOR A FEW MORE DAYS AT LEAST...SO WENT WITH THAT SOLUTION IN 
THIS PACKAGE AND MADE ALL SHOWERS ISOLATED. RECENTLY THE GFS SEEMS 
TO BE OVERDOING THE TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE AND BRINGING IT TOO 
QUICKLY NORTH.

HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN PLACE FOR KOSRAE AND MAJURO. SHOULD BE 
SHORT LIVED AT MAJURO. SURF MAY DIP BELOW HAZARDOUS LEVELS AT KOSRAE 
BUT THEN WILL INCREASE AGAIN FOR A BIT. LOCATIONS FURTHER WEST 
SHOULD STAY OUT OF HIGH SURF FOR THE TIME BEING...AS NO SIGNIFICANT 
NORTH SWELL IS FORECAST AND EAST SWELL SHOULD REMAIN TOO SMALL FOR 
12-FOOT SURF ON EASTERN EXPOSURES.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

ZIOBRO/STANKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.