Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:45:10 -0600

058 
FZPN40 PHFO 022245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED JAN 02 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 02 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 03 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 04 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 27N 166W 12N 147W 09N 162E 
20N 162E 27N 166W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 23N FROM 155W 
TO 169E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 23N FROM 153W 
TO 177W.

COLD FRONT THRU 30N 163E 28N 160E MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 166E 26N 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 169E 24N 160E.

WEAK COLD FRONT THRU 27N 140W 25N 143W MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED E OF AREA.

WEAK TROUGH THRU 30N 151W 29N 154W MOVING ESE 25 KT.
.24 HR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

HIGH 1027 MB NEAR 30N 169W NEARLY STATIONARY.  RIDGES FROM HIGH THRU 
27N 157W 26N 147W AND THRU 29N 180 25N 160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 17 FT BETWEEN 09N AND 21N FROM 167W TO 169E.  SEAS 8 FT 
OR LESS SW OF LINE THRU 09N 160E EQ 175E...E OF LINE THRU 23N 140W 
17N 148W 14N 140W...AND N OF 27N FROM 166W TO 178E. ELSEWHERE... 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 15 FT BETWEEN 13N AND 21N FROM 174W TO 
163E.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 06N W OF 168E...AND N OF 27N FROM 163W 
TO 176W.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 26N FROM 157W TO 171W. 
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

ITCZ...09N 140W 09N 155W 06N 170E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 155W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE
FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE
LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE 
LETTERS/ WITH
ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO [email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.