Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 09:13:27 -0600

277 
ATPQ40 PGUM 031513
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST FRI JAN 4 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM EAST OF MINAMI TORI SHIMA AT 
25N157E TO 20N150E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE THROUGH ANATAHAN 
AT 16N146E TO 9N130E AND BEYOND. WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY 
RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 3N130E 
THROUGH A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 2N135E TO NEAR EQ155E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING WELL SOUTH OF PALAU AND CHUUK 
BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 3N FROM 137E TO 153E.

AIDED BY AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH NEAR BY...TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS 
TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS FROM EAST OF CHUUK ACROSS 
POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND MAJURO TO WEST OF THE DATELINE. THIS LARGE AREA 
IS WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N154E TO 5N160E TO 6N168E TO 
11N178E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.