Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 22:50:09 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 130600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/130600Z-140600ZJAN2008//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.1N
119.5E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.1N 118.8E, APPROXIMATELY 200 NM
SOUTHWEST OF MANILA. RECENT METSAT AND SYNOPTIC OBSERVATIONS REVEAL
A WELL-DEFINED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH CONVECTIVE
BANDING ON THE NORTHWESTERN EDGE. RECENT SCATTEROMETER DATA
INDICATES THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE ALONG THE NORTHWESTERN EDGE OF THE
LLCC WITH LIGHTER WINDS NEAR THE CORE. THE UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT
CONTINUES TO BE FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT AS GOOD POLEWARD OUTFLOW
IS ENHANCING UPPER LEVEL DIVERGENCE. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR VALUES OVER
THE DISTURBANCE ARE LOW TO MODERATE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 18 TO 22 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. SEE REF A (WTPN21 PGTW 121730) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.