Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 09:57:49 -0600

291 
FZPN01 KWBC 041557
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 04 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 40N 165E 959 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 70 KT SEAS 24 TO 
42 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM S AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS AND 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM OF CENTER... WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 
TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 46N AND W OF 
177W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 179E 960 MB WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 51N 180 TO 49N 171W TO 43N 170W TO 35N 176W. BETWEEN 120 NM 
AND 300 NM SW QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 42 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 
NM SW AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF 
FRONT N OF 41N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM NW...600 NM NE...780 NM SW AND 960 NM SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 53N 172W 974 MB.
WITHIN 420 NM N QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 120 AND 540 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 24 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS AND 780 S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 47N 154W 1008 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 38N 161W. WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT AND 180 NM W OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 145W 996 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 139W 986 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 135W 977 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 
TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 480 NM S 
AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 180 NM NE...300 NM NW...720 NM SW AND 780 NM SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 56N 126W 1002 MB. WITHIN 720 
NM S OF A LINE FROM 54N 150W TO 55N 133W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 173W 984 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM N 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS AND 360 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 56N TO 61N AND W OF 
166W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY FORECAST LOW 53N 172W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 143W 1000 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 540 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 54N 135W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 166E 999 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 40N AND W OF 180...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 57N 157W TO 57N 166W TO 59N 180...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 46N AND E OF 130W...AREA OF NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 39N AND E OF 125W... 
AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 136W AND 156W...AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 46N BETWEEN 161W AND 170W...ALSO 
FROM 47N TO 51N BETWEEN 174W AND 178E...AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 141W AND 155W...AREA 
OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 38N 142W 1037 MB MOVING E 15 KT...WILL TURN SW AFTER 12 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 142W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 142W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 39N 168W 1026 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N 149W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH FORECAST HIGH 35N 142W. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 36N 170W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON FEB 4
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE FEB 5
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED FEB 6

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 22N W OF 122W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT. 
COLD FRONT 30N114W 27N118W 27N129W. WITHIN 240 NM S OF FRONT
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF FRONT NW TO 
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS BUILDING TO 9 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 6N W OF 105W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 6N W OF 111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 
9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 20N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL W OF 130W AND NE SWELL E OF 
130W. COLD FRONT E OF AREA. N OF 22N W OF 110W N TO NE WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 107W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT NE SWELL W OF 
135W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 22N W OF 119W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT NE SWELL S OF 25N W OF 
130W. N OF 22N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 22N BETWEEN 112W AND 119W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 9N W OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL...EXCEPT E SWELL W OF 
126W.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 30N NW WINDS 20 
KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 29N NW WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC MON FEB 4...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 4N77W 3N87W 4N100W 
7N120W 4N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 11N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 108W AND 119W AND FROM 6N TO 10N BETWEEN 120W AND 123W. 

$$
FORECASTER KIMBERLAIN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.