Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:30:12 -0600

017 
ATHW40 PHFO 101830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU JAN 10 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 10 2008

THE TAIL END OF A COLD FRONT IS PASSING BY WELL NORTH OF THE 
ISLANDS...AND THE ASSOCIATED 350 MILE WIDE CLOUD BAND IS MOVING 20 
MPH TO THE EAST. THE CLOUD BAND EXTENDS AS FAR SOUTH 24N NEAR 155W. 
HIGH CLOUDS TO THE SOUTH HAVE BEEN ADVECTED NORTH OVER THE STATE BY 
THE UPPER LEVEL WINDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT. THE CIRRUS IS 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST AND EXTENDS FROM 12N 175W TO JUST NORTH OF THE 
STATE. 

BETWEEN 10N AND 20N LOW LEVEL CLOUD MOTION IS TOWARD THE WEST AT 20 
TO 30 MPH AND SKIES ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN WITH STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ 
BEING THE DOMINANT CLOUD TYPE.

FROM 140W TO 150W BETWEEN 20N AND 30N BROKEN TO OVERCAST SC AND 
STRATUS ARE MOVING EAST TO NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 20 MPH. BEHIND THE 
AFOREMENTIONED FRONT SCATTERED SC ARE MOVING EAST NORTH OF 25N AND 
MOVING WEST SOUTH OF 25N.

OVER THE ISLANDS...CIRRUS MOVING IN FROM THE SOUTH IS OBSCURING 
SOME OF THE ISLAND SKIES. LOW SC IS OVERCAST ALONG THE WINDWARD 
COAST OF MAUI AND MOLOKAI...AND BROKEN OVER WINDWARD OAHU. THE REST 
OF THE AREA HAS MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES WITH WINDWARD SECTIONS SEEING 
THE MAJORITY OF ANY CLOUDS. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.