Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:04:47 -0600

894 
FZPN01 KWBC 082204
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FEB 08 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 170E 958 MB MOVING NE 20 KT WILL SLOW TO 10 KT IN 12 
HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 51N 170E TO 49N 180 TO 45N 178W TO 39N 
179W. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT 
SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM W AND S QUADRANTS AND 
120 NM N OF FRONT N OF 45N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 660 NM S AND 480 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS AND 240 NM N 
AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 174E 963 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 51N 
159W TO 44N 158W TO 39N 161W. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT SEAS 25 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER ICE FREE WATERS... 
WITHIN 660 NM N QUADRANT AND 600 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 176E 972 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S AND 600 
NM N AND 540 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 23 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 157W 978 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM 
S QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 960 NM S AND 360 NM N AND 300 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 146W 976 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
53N 134W TO 42N 133W. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM S QUADRANT AND 
WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT N OF 55N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 
28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM S QUADRANT AND 300 NM N AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS INLAND.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N 177W 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 
SW SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 168W 974 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 164W 966 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
47N 150W TO 33N 161W. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 
55 KT SEAS 20 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM SW AND 240 NM NE 
QUADRANTS AND 240 NM SE OF FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 
26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N AND W OF 165E...AREA OF S 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 20 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 57N 141W 1006 MB WILL MOVE SE 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 53N 146W. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W AREA OF N WINDS TO 25 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 127W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 T0 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 134W AND 148W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 51N BETWEEN 126W AND 137W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 37N 132W 1031 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL DRIFT NE 05 KT IN 
18 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 128W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATING. 

.HIGH 32N 164W 1024 MB MOVING E 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 146W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 135W 1027 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N 176E 1018 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI FEB 08
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT FEB 09
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN FEB 10

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N97W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 89W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 24N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. N OF 27N BETWEEN 122W AND 133W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 
110W AND N OF 20N W OF 116W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 20N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 
30N118W TO EQUATOR AT 133W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 11 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 20N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 27N114W TO 
EQUATOR AT 136W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC FRI FEB 08...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 6N77W 3N93W 8N120W 8N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 8N TO 10N BETWEEN 115W AND 121W.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.