Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:57:58 -0600

594 
FZPN40 PHFO 071757 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1757 UTC MON JAN 07 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 07 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 08 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 09 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT 30N 180 21N 171E 17N 160E MOVING E 40 KT N OF 21N AND NEARLY 
STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF 26N 
BETWEEN FRONT AND 161E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 600 NM E OF COLD 
FRONT N OF 25N.
.24 HR FORECAST FRONT 30N 164W 22N 176W 19N 175E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT WITHIN 270 NM E OF FRONT N OF 24N. W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN 
AREA BETWEEN FRONT AND 176W N OF 27N.
.48 HR FORECAST FRONT 30N 152W 26N 158W 23N 170W 20N 177E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 15N BETWEEN 165W AND 
146W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 14N 
E OF 156W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 14N 
E OF 156W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT 30N 176E 28N 168E 29N 160E. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 29N BETWEEN 180 AND 173E.

.HIGH 1025 MB 27N 144W MOVING E SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH THROUGH 27N 
140W AND THROUGH 25N 160W 20N 176E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF AREA.

.RIDGE 25N 160E 23N 168E MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 1020 MB 25N 161E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 1021 MB 26N 174E.

.SEAS 9 TO 21 FT IN AREA N OF 20N W OF 173E. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN AREA 
N OF 25N BETWEEN 170W AND 173E. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA FROM 07N TO 
17N E OF 173W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 17N E OF 147W. 
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 27 FT IN AREA N OF 18N W OF 180...AND IN 
AREA N OF 22N BETWEEN 169W AND 180. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF 25N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 169W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA FROM 04N TO 18N E OF 
170W.
.48 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 24 FT IN AREA N OF 10N BETWEEN 160W AND 
180. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA N OF 10N W OF 180. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN 
AREA N OF 23N E OF 160W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA FROM 05N TO 18N E 
OF 160W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER 
REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA S OF 03N W OF 162E.

.ITCZ 08N 140W 08N 150W 07N 160W 08N 176E 07N 169E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 174W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.