Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:37:02 -0600

591 
ATHW40 PHFO 280036
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC MON JAN 28 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 28 2008

STRONG TRADE WINDS CONTINUE TO BRING LOW OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS 
/SC/ TO THE WINDWARD COASTS OF THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS MORNING. OVER 
OAHU SKIES REMAIN BROKEN SC OVER MOST AREAS WITH THE CLEARS SKIES 
OVER THE COAST ON THE NORTH AND SOUTH SHORE. MOST OF KAUAI CONTINUES 
WITH BROKEN TO OVERCAST SC. THE LEE SIDES OF THE MAUI COUNTY ISLANDS 
ARE MOSTLY CLEAR EXCEPT AREAS ON THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA WHERE 
BROKEN SC RINGS THE MOUNTAIN. THE LEE OF THE BIG ISLAND IS CLEAR 
FROM KONA TO POINTS NORTH...WHILE SOUTH OF KONA SKIES ARE OVERCAST 
SC DOWN TO SOUTH POINT.

UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS...LOW TOPPED...STABLE...CLOSED CELLULAR SC 
AND STRATUS ARE MOVING 25 MPH TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST. THESE CLOUDS ARE 
BRINGING BROKEN SKY COVER TO THE AREA BETWEEN 140W AND 160W AND 20N 
TO 30N. 

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW 700 MILES WEST OF KAUAI CONTINUES TO WEAKEN AS IT 
MOVES SLOWLY WEST. BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED ALONG THE EASTERN QUADRANT AND STRETCH 
FROM 15N TO 20N AND BETWEEN 165W AND 170W. CIRRUS EXTENDS EAST FROM 
LOW REACHING AS FAR AS 140W BETWEEN 10N AND 18N. THE CIRRUS IS BEING 
CARRIED ALONG BY THE SUBTROPICAL JET STREAM MOVING NEAR 100 MPH.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.