Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 22:45:11 -0600

925 
FZPN40 PHFO 100445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU JAN 10 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 10 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 11 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 12 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 176W 28N 180 26N 175E MOVING EAST NORTHEAST 40 KT. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT NORTH OF LINE 30N 170W 28N 178W 30N 178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NORTH OF AREA. WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

COLD FRONT 30N 151W 26N 157W MOVING NORTH SLOWLY AND WEAKENING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

COLD FRONT WEST OF AREA MOVING EAST 35 KT. WEST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
NORTH OF 29N WEST OF 162E.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 171E 29N 165E. WEST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
NORTH OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 179W 28N 177E. WEST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
NORTH OF 29N BETWEEN 174W AND 177E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 162W 23N 176W. WEST WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
NORTH OF 27N BETWEEN 158W AND 178W.

HIGH 1022 MB 26N 169E MOVING WEST SLOWLY AND DISSIPATING. RIDGE 28N 
140W 25N 155W 27N 162W 25N 180 THROUGH HIGH TO 26N 160E. RIDGE 
NEARLY STATIONARY.

EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 14N 154W 11N 140W 07N 
140W 07N 155W 13N 165W 14N 154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 06N TO 14N WEST OF 145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 07N TO 22N WEST OF 180.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 25 FT NORTH OF LINE 30N 152W 14N 175W 30N 168E. SEAS 8 FT 
OR LESS SOUTH OF LINE EQ 150W 10N 160E. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT REST OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 19 FT NORTH OF LINE 30N 141W 06N 152W 
14N 173W 30N 178W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SOUTH OF LINE EQ 160W 05N 160E 
AND WEST OF LINE 30N 163E 25N 170E 18N 160E. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT REST OF 
AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 23 FT NORTH OF LINE 30N 168W 27N 178E 
30N 174E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SOUTH OF 05N WEST OF 180 AND FROM 23N TO 
28N WEST OF 169E. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 09N 163W 13N 167W.

ITCZ...O4N 140W 09N 175W 05N 160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
90 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 150W AND 160W AND WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ 
BETWEEN 167E AND 162E.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.