Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 22:45:09 -0600

289 
FZPN40 PHFO 090445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT FEB 09 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 09 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 10 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 11 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST W OF FORECAST AREA THRU 30N162E 
28N150E MOVING E 45 KT. S WINDS 25 TO 40 KT IN AREA N OF 25N W OF 
172E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THRU 30N173E 25N160E MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 30N177W 23N169E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 168W AND 180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FRONT 30N164W 24N178E. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT 30N153W 27N159W MOVING ENE 25 KT AND WEAKENING. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.RIDGE 30N165W 23N173E 24N165E MOVING E 25 KT.

E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 18N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 11N AND 18N E OF 150W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 13N AND 19N E OF 155W. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 13 TO 15 FT N OF 27N FROM 156W TO 171W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF 20N E OF 180. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 05N AND 20N E 
OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF 25N W OF 178W. SEAS 9 
TO 15 FT BETWEEN 14N AND 30N E OF 170W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 05N 
AND 14N E OF 160W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N162W TO 
25N180 TO 29N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N160W TO 20N180 TO 20N160E. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA N OF 10N E OF 
160W. 

.ITCZ...07N140W 09N155W 04N180 05N165E 04N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF N AND 100 NM S OF ITCZ E OF 161W...AND WITHIN 
120 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 168E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.