Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:29:57 -0600

712 
ATHW40 PHFO 270029
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN JAN 27 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 27 2008

CIRRUS COVER OVER THE ISLANDS HAS DIMINISHED FROM THIS MORNING. 
BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ CONTINUES TO MOVE OVER THE ISLANDS FROM 
THE NORTHEAST. THE MAJORITY OF LOW CLOUDS OVER THE ISLANDS CONTINUES 
TO BE ON THE WINDWARD SIDE WITH BROKEN TO OVERCAST SC. LEEWARD 
LOCATIONS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS HAVE FLEETING SCATTERED SC MOVING 
QUICKLY OVERHEAD. LEEWARD BIG ISLAND AND THE LEE SIDE OF HALEAKALA 
ARE THE EXCEPTIONS ON THE LEE SIDES WITH OVERCAST SKIES. UPSTREAM OF 
THE ISLANDS SC CLOUDS BECOME MORE STABLE WITH CLOSED CELL 
CUMULUS EVIDENT IN THE VISIBLE IMAGERY AS FAR AS 300 MILES TO THE 
NORTHEAST. FARTHER NORTHEAST...OUT TO 700 MILES FROM OAHU... AN 
AREA OF STABLE STRATUS IS MOVING ALONG WITH THE TRADE WINDS. THE 
STABLE CLOUDS COVER THE AREA FROM 20N TO 30N AND 140W TO 160W AND 
ARE MOVING SOUTHWEST NEAR 25 KT.

THE CIRRUS MOVING OVER THE ISLANDS ORIGINATES FROM AN UPPER LEVEL 
LOW CENTERED 750 MILES WEST OF KAUAI. THE LOW IS DRIFTING SLOWLY 
WEST WITH A CLOUD BAND WRAPPING AROUND THE EASTERN QUADRANT OF THE 
LOW WITH OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS WITH 
TOPS REACHING 35 THOUSAND FEET. WEST OF THE UPPER LOW...LOW 
SCATTERED SC ARE MOVING SOUTHWEST AT 15 KT.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.