Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:59:22 -0600

971 
TXPS40 PHFO 282359
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC TUE JAN 29 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE LOCATED NEAR 17.7S 176.3E AT 28/2230 UTC 
BASED ON MTSAT 4 KM RESOLUTION IR SECTOR AND ANIMATION. POSITION 
ACCURATE WITHIN 60 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND 
SPEED 55 KT. MOVEMENT HAS BEEN TOWARD 360 DEGREES AT A MERE 1 KT
OVER THE PAST 6.0 HOURS.

T3.5/3.5/D1.0/24 HRS

REMARKS...PUT THE CENTER OF GENE JUST NORTH OF THE AREA OF CMG. USED 
THE BANDING FEATURE WITH A .95 WRAP. BY ADDING A COR FACTOR OF .5 
SINCE BAND IS WHITE RESULTED IN A DT OF 4.0. MET AND IS 3.5...PT IS 
4.0. BASED FINAL T ON MET.

$$

H LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.