Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 16:45:19 -0600

554 
FZPN40 PHFO 042245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI JAN 04 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 04 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 05 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 06 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
...DEVELOPING GALE...
.LOW 1010 MB NEAR 25N 161E MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT FROM LOW THROUGH 
30N 171E NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
AND FRONT.
.24 HR FORECAST GALE LOW NORTH OF FORECAST AREA. FRONT THROUGH 30N 
175E 24N 170E 33N 164E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM OF FRONT 
NORTH OF 25N.
.48 HR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N 169W 22N 180. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM EAST OF FRONT NORTH OF 28N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.HIGH 1025 MB NEAR 29N 164W MOVING EAST 20 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH 
THROUGH 25N 150W 24N 140W AND THROUGH 27N 180 21N 160E MOVING EAST 
20 KT.
.24 HR FORECAST HIGH 1025 MB NEAR 28N 152W.
.48 HR FORECAST HIGH 1025 MB NEAR 27N 140W. 

.EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 18N BETWEEN 145W AND 
170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 18N 
EAST OF 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 18N 
EAST OF 162W.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 180 20N 140W 05N 
140W 05N 160E 30N 160E...AND IN AREA NORTH OF 26N EAST OF 155W.
.24 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 175W 
20N 165W 16N 140W 06N 140W 06N 160E 30N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN 
AREA NORTH OF 20N EAST OF 150W.
.48 HR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 140W 08N 140W 
08N 180 20N 180 20N 160W 30N 145W 30N 140W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA 
BOUNDED BY 30N 160E 30N 175W 20N 160E 30N 160E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 9 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF 
FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 07N TO 11N WEST OF 170E.

.ITCZ THROUGH 07N 140W 07N 166W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 
NM NORTH OF ITCZ EAST OF 150W. 

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE
FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE
LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE 
LETTERS/ WITH
ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO [email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.