Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:14:59 -0600

287 
ATPQ40 PGUM 141514
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST TUE JAN 15 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SLOWLY MOVING COLD FRONT REACHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N150E TO 
22N130E AND BEYOND. AREAS OF LOW CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED LIGHT 
SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS 
BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM 4N130E TO EQ155E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND CLOSE TO THE TROUGH AXIS WELL SOUTH OF 
KOROR WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 4N130E TO 2N137E.

AN INTENSIFYING TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 10N143E TO 
4N150E. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING 
FROM SOUTH OF GUAM TO CHUUK WITHIN 130 MILES OF A LINE FROM 10N143E 
TO 9N148E TO 5N158E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 100 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N158E TO 4N167E TO 7N180. THIS AREA INCLUDES 
POHNPEI...KOSRAE BUT SOUTH OF KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.