Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 02:20:13 -0600

592 
FQPS01 NFFN 160600
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE EQUATOR to 25S between 160E and
120W 
issued by Fiji Meteorological Service Jan 160800 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNINGGALE WARNING 017 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 16/0713
UTC 2008.

TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA CENTRE [990HPA] CATEGORY 1 WAS LOCATED NEAR 14
DECIMAL 4 SOUTH 164 DECIMAL 8 EAST AT 160600 UTC. POSITION POOR.  
REPEAT POSITION 14.4 SOUTH 164.8 EAST AT 160600 UTC.
CYCLONE MOVING EAST-NORTHEAST AT ABOUT 10 KNOTS BUT EXPECTED TO TURN
EAST THEN SOUTHEAST IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.CYCLONE INTENSIFYING.
EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 35 TO KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE INCREASING
TO 45 KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 TO 18 HOURS.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 120 MILES OF CENTRE.         
FORECAST POSITION NEAR 14.2S 167.0E AT 161800 UTC                    
  
AND NEAR 14.8S 169.3E AT 170600 UTC.
ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC
AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 016.

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 170600 UTC.

 TROPICAP CYCLONE TC FUNA [990HPA] CATEGORY 1 NEAR 14.4S 164.8E AT
160600UTC MOVING EAST-NORTHEAST AT 10 KNOTS. POSITION POOR. OUTSIDE
THE WARNING AREA EXPECTED CLOCKWISE WINDS 25 TO 30 KNOTS WITHIN 200
MILES OF THE CENTRE. VERY ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE SWELL.

WEAK LOW L1 [1006HPA] NEAR 21S 154W.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 08S 160E 10S 165E 12S 175E 17S 175W 25S 170W
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
150 MILES OF CZ1.

TROUGH T1 16S 160E TO TC FUNA T0 16S 166E 17S 175E 20S 177W 25S 174W
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 150 MILES OF T1.

TROUGH T2 11S 170W 09S 165W 09S 160W 15S 157W TO L1 TO 25S 150W SLOW
MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
150 MILES OF T2.

TROUGH T3 10S 160E TO TC FUNA SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY
RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120 MILES OF T3.

SOUTH OF 18S AND WEST OF CZ1, EXPECT SOUTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
ROUGH SEAS.  MODERATE SOUTHEAST SWELLS, BECOMING HEAVY  SWELLS SOUTH
OF 22S. 

WITHIN 180 MILES OF CZ1, EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWESTERLY WINDS 20
TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS UPTO 30 KNOTS. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS.
MODERATE SWELLS.

OVER BROAD AREA NORTH OF 12S BETWEEN 170E AND 140W MODERATE
NORTHEASTERLY SWELLS.

SOUTH OF 12S AND EAST OF 170E MODERATE EAST TO SOUTHEASTERLY SWELLS,
BECOMING HEAVY SOUTH OF 20S BETWEEN 160W AND 130W.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.