Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:45:11 -0600

783 
FZPN40 PHFO 222245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE JAN 22 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 22 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 23 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 24 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
COLD FRONT 30N 168 26N 165E 24N 160E MOVING E 25 KT. WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N W OF 172E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
N OF 24N BETWEEN FRONT AND 176E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST 997MB LOW NEAR 30N 179E WITH TRAILING COLD FRONT 
THRU 30N 179E 25N 175E 22N 168E 20N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 
24N BETWEEN 175E AND 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 174W 26N 175W 20N 175E. WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 178W AND 170W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

DISSIPATING LOW 1020MB N OF FCST AREA NEAR 31N 144W MOVING S 15 KT.
TRAILING FRONT THRU 28N 145W 29N 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND FRONT DISSIPATED.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT BETWEEN 21N AND 10N FROM 
155W TO 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 
18N AND 09N FROM 155W TO 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 
19N AND 10N FROM 160W TO 150W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT VICINITY OF NW FORECAST WATERS...30N 
160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N W OF 165E.

RIDGE 24N 177E 16N 163E NEARLY STATIONARY.

ELSEWHERE N OF 05N BETWEEN 150W AND 180...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ALSO SEAS 
9 TO 15 FT N OF 24N W OF 168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE 20N 160E 25N 173E 24N 
178W 10N 180 EQ 170W 04N 155W 12N 150W 30N 168W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N 
OF 24N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE 30N 169W 25N 173W 
20N 170E 23N 164E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE 30N 164E 28N 160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N AND E OF A LINE 12N 140W 13N 145W 20N 145W 30N 
157W. 

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF 
AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA S OF 05N W OF 173E.

ITCZ...FROM 07N 145W TO 07N 168W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.