Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:46:58 -0600

552 
FZPN40 PHFO 182245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON FEB 18 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 18 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 19 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 20 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT 30N176E 27N170E 23N160E MOVING ESE 40 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
N OF A LINE 28N160E 25S170E 30N175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N165W 22N180 18N170E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT
WITHIN 200 NM E OF FRONT N OF 25N. FRONT WEAKENING AND SLOWING.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N152W 25N170W 20N166E.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 29N140W 24N152W THENCE WARM FROM TO A WEAK 1013MB LOW AT 
29N159W. ALSO STATIONARY FRONT FROM LOW TO 20N180. COLD FRONT MOVING 
SE SLOWLY. LOW MOVING ENE 30 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 
155W AND 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT THRU 27N140W 24N147W THENCE DISSIPATING 
STATIONARY FRONT TO 28N153W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT THRU 24N140W 20N146W.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT THRU 20N175E 14N160E. FEW SHOWERS 
WITHIN30 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH THRU 08N160E 04N165E NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH 20N142W 16N150W 11N162W MOVING NW SLOWLY. FEW SHOWERS ALONG 
TROUGH.

.RIDGE 21N140W 20N160W 19N178E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.SEAS 15 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 30N176W 25N170E 23N160E. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 28N140W 23N150W 20N160W 10N168W 05N174W 
05N175E 10N170E 09N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE 30N155W 25N170W 
18N170E 20N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 23N140W 
17N150W EQ167W EQ177E 09N173E 08N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE 30N150W 21N178E 
30N177E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 10N140W 04N154W 
EQ170W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ 07N140W 06N147W 09N157W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 100 
NM OF ITCZ E OF 147W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.