Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 02:06:48 -0600

305 
FQPS01 NFFN 310600    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE EQUATOR to 25S between 160E and
120W 
issued by Fiji Meteorological Service Jan 310800 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNINGHURRICANE WARNING 086 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan
31/0713 UTC 2008 UTC.
SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [955HPA] CATEGORY 3 WAS LOCATED
NEAR 19 DECIMAL 4 SOUTH 171 DECIMAL 2 EAST AT 310600 UTC.
POSITION FAIR.  
REPEAT POSITION 19.4 SOUTH 171.2 EAST AT 310600 UTC.
CYCLONE MOVING SOUTHWEST ABOUT 05 KNOTS.
EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 80 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE INCREASING TO
90 KNOTS IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 63 KNOTS WITHIN 35 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 55 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 160 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMICIRCLE                        AND WITHIN 110 MILES OF CENTRE
ELSEWHERE. 
FORECAST POSITION NEAR 19.7S 170.3E AT 311800 UTC
              AND NEAR 20.3S 169.9E AT 010600 UTC.

ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC
AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 085.  

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Feb 010600 UTC.

 SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [955HPA] CATEGORY 3 NEAR 19.4S
171.2E AT 310600 UTC.OUTSIDE WARNING AREA EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 25
TO 30 KNOTS WITHIN 180 MILES OF TC CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI CIRCLE
AND WITHIN 130 MILES ELSELWHERE. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS. DAMAGING
HEAVY SWELLS.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1: 09S 160E 11S 170E 15S 173E TO TC GENE SLOW
MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 200
MILES OF CZ1 AND TC. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS AND UPTO 30 KNOTS AT TIMES WITHIN 120 MILES OF CZ1. ROUGH TO
VERY ROUGH SEAS.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ2: FROM TC GENE TO 18S 178E 14S 173W 16S 160W 20S
146W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 180 MILES OF CZ2. EXPECT EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS AND UPTO 30 KNOTS IN THUNDERSTORM SQUALLS WITHIN 120MILES OF
CZ2. ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE EASTERLY SWELL.

TROUGH T1: 03S 178W 10S 177E 19S 175E TO TC GENE SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS  AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF
T1.

TROUGH T2:19S 166E 23S 175E 24S 175W 25S 170W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF
T2.

FRONTAL SYSTEM F1: 21S 145W 25S 135W. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF F1.

OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 15S EAST OF 155W, MODERATE SOUTHERLY SWELL.

SOUTH OF 18S AND BETWEEN 178W AND 160W EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO
20 KNOTS AND UPTO 25 KNOTS AT TIMES. MODERATE TO ROUGH SEAS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.