Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:17:48 -0600

056 
FZPN01 KWBC 191617
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 19 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 34N 165E 1000 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. S OF 35N W OF 
168E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 177W 973 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 17 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM NE...360 NM SE...180 NM SW AND 1800 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 
NM NE...480 NM SE...360 NM SW AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 167W 976 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 60 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM OF CENTER...EXCEPT OUT TO 480 NM E QUADRANT..WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 178W 962 MB MOVING NW 30 KT. WITHIN 180 NM W AND NM NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM OF CENTER...EXCEPT OUT TO 600 NM W QUADRANT...ALSO N OF 
51N BETWEEN 170E AND 175E...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 64N 178W 971 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 420 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS N OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 167W 982 MB MOVING N 25 KT. WITHIN 660 NM N...660 NM E 
AND 360 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 50N...AND WITHIN 480 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 176W 988 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND FROM 36N TO 40N BETWEEN 175E AND 177W. WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 169W 1004 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 130W 1019 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 19 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 124W 1016 MB. FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 
125W AND 134W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 124W 1012 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 162E 1003 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM W 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 162E 
AND 170E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 168E 999 MB. FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 
163E AND 174E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 166E 998 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 39N TO 52N BETWEEN 145W AND 160W...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 57N BETWEEN 144W AND 154W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 54N BETWEEN 145W AND 150W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 

.HIGH 43N 139W 1036 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 49N 141W 1036 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N 134W 1035 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 179E 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT JAN 19
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN JAN 20
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON JAN 21

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST N 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W...INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 
BUILDING TO 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W 
12N98W NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W...INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 
15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST

.FROM 11N TO 22N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
W OF LINE 30N129W 22N120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 21N W OF 123W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 5N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 92W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 22N TO 29N NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...N OF 14N 
BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...FROM 10N 
TO 15N BETWEEN 93W AND 99W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION...WITHIN 
150 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N98W 10N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1445 UTC SAT JAN 19...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 6N77W 4N95W 6N115W 10N131W 
7N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER CAB
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.