Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 22:18:34 -0600

638 
FZPN01 KWBC 190418
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 19 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 36N 159E 1009 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 780 NM NW AND W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST 36N 175E 993 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS S OF 40N AND W OF 178W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 16 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 177W 974 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 172W 971 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
360 NM E QUADRANT AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER...WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ALSO WITHIN 720 NM S AND 420 NM E 
QUADRANTS...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM OF CENTER...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 176W 960 MB MOVING NW 40 KT AND WILL SLOW. AN 
ASSOCIATED FRONT EXTENDS FROM 57N 170W TO 38N 165W TO 33N 167W. 
WITHIN 480 NM E AND 360 NM N QUADRANTS...240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 43N...WINDS 
40 TO 55 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM N AND 360 
NM S SEMICIRCLES...AND WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 180 963 MB WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 63N 174W TO 59N 167W TO 53N 164W. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND S  
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 54N AND W OF 173W...AND WITHIN 480 NM N AND 
E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS N OF AREA. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N 178E 981 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 170W 993 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 300 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 166W 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 137W 1007 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM 
S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS E OF A 
LINE FROM 44N 133W TO 52N 137W...NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER WATERS N OF 34N AND E OF 132W...AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 162E 1003 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 37N 154W 1018 MB MOVING N 30 KT. WITHIN 480 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 38N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 131W... 
AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N 152W 1016 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N 148W 1020 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
CENTER...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.FROM 38N TO 58N BETWEEN 135W AND 167W...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 57N BETWEEN 143W AND 157W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 44N TO 60N BETWEEN 142W AND 150W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 

.HIGH 45N 135W 1038 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N 139W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N 139W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 48N 145W 1034 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N 140W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 30N 164E 1018 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 166W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 154W 1030 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 163E 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT JAN 19
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN JAN 20
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON JAN 21

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 45 NM OF COAST N 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 15N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 20N W OF 127W NE WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 29N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 15N BETWEEN 
94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W 13N96W 12N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W 13N96W 11N100W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC SAT JAN 19...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 7N78W 6N93W 7N104W 6N117W 
7N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.