Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:01:49 -0600

183 
ATPQ40 PGUM 010301
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST FRI FEB 1 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS FROM 1N130E TO EQ139E. LOW-LEVEL 
CONVERGENCE NEAR AND EAST OF THE TROUGH IS PRODUCING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FROM SOUTH OF PALAU TO SOUTH OF 
POHNPEI...BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND A LINE FROM 5N130E TO 5N140E TO 
4N161E.

WEAK TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCES ARE PRODUCING SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS 
WEST AND NORTHWEST OF THE MARIANAS WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
11N134E TO 13N136E TO 19N146E...AND ACROSS THE MARIANAS WITHIN 75 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 11N141E TO JUST SOUTHEAST OF GUAM AT 13N145E TO 
JUST EAST OF SAIPAN AT 15N146E TO 18N153E.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS FROM 25N145E TO 20N130E. WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS 
AND SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND NORTH OF THIS 
BOUNDARY TO WELL BEYOND 25N.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.