Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 20:41:55 -0600

615 
ATPQ40 PGUM 060241
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST SUN JAN 6 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 11N130E TO NEAR ANATAHAN IN 
THE CNMI AT 16N145E TO 21N165E...THEN CONTINUES AS A COLD FRONT TO 
BEYOND 25N AT 179E. CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY LIGHT RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG 
AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY.

ANOTHER SHEAR LINE REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 20N130E THROUGH A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED JUST EAST OF MINAMI TORI SHIMA AT 24N156E TO 
BEYOND 25N AT 165E. CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY LIGHT RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG 
AND UP TO 400 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY. 

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 7N130E THROUGH 
A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK AT 2N146E TO END AT 
EQ155E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH 
THE TROUGH ARE OCCURRING OVER THE REPUBLIC OF PALAU...YAP AND CHUUK 
STATES BETWEEN 4N AND 8N FROM 130E TO 150E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
ALSO OCCURRING SOUTHWEST OF POHNPEI BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 4N FROM 
153E TO 157E. CONVERGENT WEST WINDS TO THE SOUTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS 
ARE GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG THE EQUATOR SOUTH OF A LINE 
FROM 2N130E TO 2N141E.

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 7N161E THROUGH A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED NORTHWEST OF KWAJALEIN TO 20N165E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS COVER AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 
7N156E TO 15N160E TO 10N170E TO 6N170E BACK TO 7N156E. THIS AREA 
INCLUDES POHNPEI AND KWAJALEIN.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH CURVES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 7N172E TO 11N177E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND JUST NORTHEAST OF MAJURO BETWEEN 7N AND 
12N FROM 172E TO 180.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.