Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:53:59 -0600

195 
FZPN01 KWBC 182153
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 18 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING LOW 34N 170E 998 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 176W 972 MB. WITHIN 120 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 24 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 180 
NM S AND SW...120 NM NW AND N...AND 240 NM E QUADRANTS.. WINDS 
40 TO 55 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM SW...240 
NM NW AND N...420 NM E...AND 660 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N 175E 980 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 172W 992 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE EXCEPT 540 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 
TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 166W 1005 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.   

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N 175W 957 MB MOVING N 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 52N 173W 
TO 46N 168W TO 41N 167W TO 31N 172W. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES...240 NM N QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE 
FRONT N OF 45N...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...360 NM N AND 540 NM E 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 179W 957 MB. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 240 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 
28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM N...360 NM E...AND 420 NM S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 64N 179W 974 MB. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 
TO 22 FT.  

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 166W 984 MB WITH A FRONT FROM 53N 
158W TO 44N 159W TO 35N 157W. WITHIN 420 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ALSO WITHIN 540 
NM NE AND 420 NM SE QUADRANTS AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM E OF 
THE FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH NEW LOW TO FORM 56N 155W 
1010 MB. FRONT FROM LOW CENTER TO 49N 151W TO 39N 147W. WITHIN 
300 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 175E 990 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM W AND 420 NM N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 57N 179W DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N 143W 1007 MB MOVING E 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 540 NM 
S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS E OF A LINE 
FROM 46N 132W TO 54N 140W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 52N AND E OF 134W...AREA OF N TO 
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W...AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W...AREA 
OF N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED AND DESCRIBED ABOVE IN 
PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N 163E 1001 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW AND 360 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 42N 176W DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 34N 154W 1016 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 600 NM NE AND E QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 36N TO 58N BETWEEN 135W AND 155W...AREA OF PATCHY DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 56N BETWEEN 140W AND 170W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 58N BETWEEN 145W AND 155W...AREA 
OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 
NM. 

.HIGH 45N 133W 1038 MB MOVING W 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 139W 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N 139W 1035 MB. 

.HIGH 48N 150W 1031 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N 143W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 175W 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 156W 1032 MB. 

.FORECASTER ACHORN. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI JAN 18
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT JAN 19
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN JAN 20

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 10N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W 13N96W 12N 100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC FRI JAN 18...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 8N81W 5N90W 8N127W 7N140W. 
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER DGS
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.