Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:42:05 -0600

707 
FZPN40 PHFO 160442
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT FEB 16 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 16 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 17 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 18 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST NW OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N167E 27N160E.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N177W 27N170E 25N160E. WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N175E 27N167E 25N160E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT THRU 30N165W 24N179W 21N165E. FRONT MOVING EAST 30 KT N OF 
27N AND E 10 KT ELSEWHERE. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 167W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N157W 25N176W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT THRU 30N155W 27N165W. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 146W AND 158W.

.RIDGE THRU 30N147W 22N158W 19N172W 18N163E MOVING E 15 KT N OF 26N 
AND SE SLOWLY ELSEWHERE.

.SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N180 23N170E 
18N160E...WITH HIGHEST SEAS 15 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF 25N AND W OF 
173E. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE THRU 30N180 24N180 
24N165W 20N167W 12N180 EQ175E EQ160E 12N140W 30N140W 30N180...WITH 
HIGHEST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN AREA NE OF A LINE THRU 30N155W 14N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N172W 
20N180 15N170E 10N160E. ALSO SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 170W...AND IN AREA N OF 10N E OF 147W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA NW OF A LINE THRU 30N150W 
20N170W 12N180 06N160E. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ THRU 09N140W 07N150W 07N170W 06N180 07N171E 05N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90NM OF ITCZ E OF 160W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 164E AND 176E. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.