Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:27:17 -0600

224 
ATHW40 PHFO 101827
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SUN FEB 10 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC FEBRUARY 10 2008

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AND LOW CONTINUE TO MOVE SLOWLY EASTWARD... 
AWAY FROM THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...ALLOWING AN INCREASINGLY 
STABLE TRADE WIND REGIME TO BECOME ESTABLISHED OVER THE STATE.

THE UPPER TROUGH IS CENTERED 225 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND 
RUNS FROM 29N 140W...TO 20N 151W...TO AN UPPER LOW CENTERED AT 11N 
153W ABOUT 575 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE UPPER 
LOW IS MOVING TO THE EAST AROUND 10 MPH AND CONTINUES TO TRIGGER 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 49 KFT 500 MILES EAST OF THE 
CENTER. THE UPPER LOW AND UPPER TROUGH ARE ALSO GENERATING A SHIELD 
OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS SOUTH OF A LINE THROUGH 25N 140W...17N 156W... 
AND 10N 153W. AS THESE FEATURES MOVE EASTWARD...INCREASINGLY STABLE 
RIDGING ALOFT IS BECOMING ESTABLISHED OVER THE STATE.

LOW CLOUD COVER IS LIMITED TO WINDWARD EXPOSURES OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING WHILE LEEWARD AREAS ARE MOSTLY CLEAR. 
CLOUD COVER IS GREATEST OVER WINDWARD BIG ISLAND WATERS...WHERE 
SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE TRAVELLING FROM THE EAST 
AT SLIGHTLY MORE THAN 20 MPH. CLOUD COVERAGE DECREASES ACROSS THE  
WINDWARD WATERS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS...WHERE LOW CLOUD MOTIONS 
VEER OUT OF THE EAST SOUTHEAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH.

THE EAST SOUTHEASTERLY CLOUD MOTIONS ACROSS THE NORTHERN END OF THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS IS DUE TO PROXIMITY OF THE SUBTROPICAL 
RIDGE...WHICH SITS ABOUT 375 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI. THE RIDGE IS 
DEPRESSED SOUTH OF ITS USUAL POSITION BY A FRONT PASSING OVER 
MIDWAY ATOLL ABOUT 1000 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE FRONT IS 
COMPRISED OF A 175 MILE-WIDE BAND OF BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS CENTERED 
ALONG 30N 168W AND 26N 174W...CONTINUING AS A BAND OF BROKEN CUMULUS 
CLOUDS TO 24N 180. THE FRONT IS ADVANCING TO THE EAST AT 30 MPH.

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.