Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:33:09 -0600

421 
ATHW40 PHFO 130033
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN JAN 13 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC JANUARY 13 2008

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AT 2 PM HST...OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS 
COVER THE SOUTHERN SLOPES OF KAUAI...AND EXTEND OFFSHORE 20 MILES TO 
THE SOUTH. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER THE LEEWARD SLOPES OF THE KOOLAU 
AND WAIANAE RANGES ON OAHU...AND ALSO EXTEND OFFSHORE 20 MILES TO 
THE SOUTH. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER SOUTHEASTERN MOLOKAI AND SOUTHERN 
SLOPES OF LANAI. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE INTERIOR OF 
THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...GENERALLY ABOVE 2000 FT. OVERCAST LOW 
CLOUDS COVER MOST OF HALEAKALA...WITH ONLY THE VERY SUMMIT FREE OF 
CLOUDS. LOW CLOUDS EXTEND OFFSHORE 10 MILES TO THE SOUTHWEST OF 
MAUI. ON THE BIG ISLAND...THE SUMMITS OF MAUNA LOA AND MAUNA KEA ARE 
CLEAR ABOVE 10000 FT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER MOST OF 
THE LOWER SLOPES. EXCEPTIONS ARE ACROSS IN THE LEE OF THE KOHALA 
RANGE...WHERE SKIES ARE SUNNY...AND ACROSS EASTERN PUNA DISTRICT... 
WHERE LOW CLOUDS ARE SCATTERED IN COVERAGE. 

EAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...AREAS OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING TO THE NORTHWEST AT 15 MPH. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND EASTWARD FROM 
THE BIG ISLAND...GENERALLY SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 22N 156W THROUGH 30N 
142W. CLOUD ELEMENTS ARE PRIMARILY OPEN CELL CUMULUS CLOUDS...AND 
TRANSITION TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS AND CLOSED CELL CUMULUS CLOUDS 
NEAR 140W. 

THE LEADING EDGE OF OF A CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A COLD FRONT 
EXTENDS FROM 30N 149W TO 19N 180...OR FROM 800 MILES NORTHEAST OF 
HONOLULU TO 600 MILES SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. THIS FRONTAL 
BAND IS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 20 MPH. BETWEEN 150W AND 160W...THE 
CLOUD BAND IS COMPOSED OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS EXTENDING THROUGH 
30000 FT. BETWEEN 160W AND 180...THE CLOUD BAND IS COMPOSED OF 
BROKEN CUMULUS AND TOWERING CUMULUS ELEMENTS WITH TOPS UP TO 20000 
FT. THE FRONTAL BAND IS UP TO 200 MILES WIDE EAST OF 150W...TAPERING 
TO LESS THAN 100 MILES WIDE WEST OF 150W. BEHIND THE MAIN FRONTAL 
BAND...BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD AT 
40 MPH. 

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.