Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:25:42 -0600

824 
ATPQ40 PGUM 170325
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST SUN FEB 17 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N180 TO NEAR WAKE ISLAND 
AT 19N166E...THEN CONTINUES AS A WEAK SHEAR LINE TO 14N150E TO NEAR 
ROTA IN THE CNMI AT 14N145E TO END AT 13N133E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS 
AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTHWEST 
OF THE FRONT AND UP TO 100 MILES NORTH OF THE SHEAR LINE.

A NEWLY DEVELOPED SHEAR LINE RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 19N150E TO 
16N140E TO BEYOND 130E AT 14N. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING ALONG AND UP TO 500 MILES NORTH OF THIS 
BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH REACHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 10N130E TO END 
AT EQ149E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH 
THE TROUGH ARE OCCURRING NEAR KOROR AND WELL SOUTH OF GUAM WITHIN 
150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 8N130E TO 3N136E TO 1N147E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS WELL SOUTH OF GUAM WITHIN 120 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
5N141E TO 5N147E. 

AN ELONGATED TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER KOSRAE AND KWAJALEIN ALONG WITHIN 
180 MILES OF A LINE FROM 1N159E TO 5N162E TO 10N167E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER MAJURO 
WITHIN 125 MILES OF A LINE FROM 8N170E TO 6N175E TO 6N180.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.