Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:31:54 -0600

076 
ATHW40 PHFO 070031
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC THU FEB 7 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC FEBRUARY 7 2008

HIGH CLOUDS OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS HAVE THINNED OVER THE 
LAST FEW HOURS...BUT REMAIN A DOMINANT FEATURE ON SATELLITE IMAGERY. 
THE HIGH CLOUDS REMAIN THICKEST OVER THE ISLANDS OF MAUI COUNTY AND 
THE BIG ISLAND. 

LOW CLOUDS COVER THE EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI THIS AFTERNOON...AS WELL 
AS THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS EXTEND ABOUT 15 
MILES NORTHEAST OF OAHU...AND ARE ALSO FOUND OVER THE WAIANAE RANGE 
ON OAHU.

THE SNOW COVERED TOPS OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA ARE EVIDENT THROUGH 
THIN SPOTS IN THE HIGH CLOUDS THIS AFTERNOON. ELSEWHERE ON THE BIG 
ISLAND...FEW TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS APPEAR TO BE OVER THE EAST 
FACING SLOPES. THROUGH THE HIGH CLOUDS OVER MAUI COUNTY...JUST A FEW 
LOW CLOUDS APPEAR TO BE AFFECTING THE EAST FACING SLOPES.

THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH BRINGING THE HIGH CLOUDS UP AND OVER THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM THE SOUTHWEST IS SLOWLY LIFTING NORTHWARD. THE 
NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST ORIENTED TROUGH AXIS LIES ALONG A ROUGH LINE 
FROM 26N 155W TO 12N 164W. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THE ASSOCIATED 
MOISTURE EXTENDING AS FARE EAST AS 134W.

LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT NORTHEAST OF KAUAI IS FROM THE EAST SOUTHEAST 
AROUND 25 MPH.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.