Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 03:49:21 -0600

976 
FZPN01 KWBC 140949
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 14 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING LOW 41N 171E 988 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. 
WITHIN 1020 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 175W 967 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 13 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 172W 962 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 56N 159W TO 45N 166W TO 30N 178E. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 180 NM NW SEMICIRCLES...AND WITHIN AN AREA 
E OF FRONT AND W OF A LINE FROM 60N 149W TO 52N 139W TO 30N 
174W...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 30 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 47N 
BETWEEN 137W AND 158W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW JUST W OF AREA 53N 166E 954 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FRONT 
EXTENDS FROM 57N 175E TO 57N 175W TO 52N 166W TO 42N 174W TO 30N 
168E. WITHIN 120 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 56N...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT 
SEAS 21 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT...AND 
WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 50N AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF 
FRONT FROM 33N TO 50N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ALSO 
N OF 50N AND W OF 156W...AND WITHIN 420 NM SE AND E OF FRONT S 
OF 50N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 171E 971 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 24 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
180 NM NE...960 NM SE...900 NM SW...AND 240 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 17 TO 32 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 177E 982 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 136W 985 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 720 NM SW QUADRANT 
AND 180 NM SE OF FRONT FROM 50N 128W TO 44N 133W...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE 
FROM 53N 130W TO 48N 124W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N 142W 1009 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 44N 133W TO LOW CENTER 
TO 30N 143W. WITHIN 480 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NEW LOW 31N 146W 1010 MB. FROM 
30N TO 43N BETWEEN 135W AND 152W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
23 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST 31N 150W 1010 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 900 NM NE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 131W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 59N AND W OF 175W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 58N 171W MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 51N 166W TO 42N 178W TO 36N 
178E DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 57N 154W TO 
44N 171W TO 37N 173W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 
1 NM. .48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM E OF A LINE FROM 57N 150W 
TO 51N 156W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 46N BETWEEN 148W AND 153W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 41N 155W 1034 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 465N 140W 1042 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 134W 1044 MB. 

.HIGH 36N 127W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON JAN 14
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE JAN 15
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED JAN 16

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.NW OF LINE 30N136W 26N140W SE TO S WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL. FROM 15N TO 26N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NE WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N133W 24N140W SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 15N TO 22N BETWEEN 118W 
AND 127W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N135W 26N140W SE WINDS 20 KT SEAS
9 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 15N TO 22N BETWEEN 118W AND 130W 
NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N 
TO 20N W OF 110W AND N OF 20N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 10N FROM 100W TO 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF  
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF  TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 11N86W 11N88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0915 UTC MON JAN 14...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N78W 6N85W 4N90W 10N118W  
6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 115W 
AND 123W.

$$
FORECASTER COBB
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.