Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:48:36 -0600

341 
ATHW40 PHFO 201848
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SUN JAN 20 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 20 2008

A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE NORTH OF KAUAI IS BRINGING TRADE WIND FLOW 
TO THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS 
AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS...WITH AN AXIS 
FROM 25.3N 143.2W TO 10.6N 151.4W. THIS PLACES THE TROUGH MORE THAN 
500 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AT 8 AM. 

WATER VAPOR ALSO SHOWS A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM FAR NORTHWEST OF THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING. THE UPPER LEVEL LOW IS NEAR 
43.7N 174.7W...ABOUT 1725 MILES NORTH NORTHWEST OF KAUAI THIS 
MORNING.

THE FIRST VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGES OF THE DAY SHOW SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER THE EASTERN SIDES OF KAUAI...OAHU... 
MOLOKAI...MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND. SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE FOUND 
UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS FOR MORE THAN 250 MILES.

SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE OVER THE EASTERN TWO-THIRDS OF KAUAI THIS 
MORNING...WHILE SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE OVER THE KOOLAU 
RANGE AND THE ADJACENT COAST ON OAHU. CLOUD BLANKET THE EASTERN TIP 
OF MOLOKAI...AS WELL AS THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI 
MOUNTAINS...AND OF HALEAKALA FROM HUELO TO HANA TO NUU. ON THE BIG 
ISLAND...A SMALL PATCH OF LOW CLOUDS IS OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES 
OF THE KOHALA MOUNTAINS...WHILE ADDITIONAL CLOUDS COVER THE SLOPES 
OF THE NORTH HILO...SOUTH HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.