Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:00:48 -0600

949 
ATPQ40 PGUM 101500
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 AM CHST MON FEB 11 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 13N130E TO 16N133E THEN 
CONTINUES AS A COLD FRONT TO A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR 
22N137E AND BEYOND. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLD FRONT AND UP 
TO 100 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE SHEAR LINE.

A WEAK COLD FRONT RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N180 TO 21N170E TO END 
AT 21N160E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING 
ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM A WEAK CIRCULATION 
CENTERED NEAR 3N130E TO END AT EQ135E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND 
WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE TROUGH. ALSO...SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND 
WITHIN AN AREA NEAR KOROR AND YAP FROM 4N135E TO 9N135E TO 9N139E TO 
4N144E BACK TO 4N135E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 100 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N150E TO 6N160E TO 4N170E TO 5N180. THIS AREA 
INCLUDES CHUUK...POHNPEI AND KOSRAE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.