Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 21:48:28 -0600

826 
FZPN01 KWBC 090348
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FEB 09 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N 172E 957 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 44 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM SE AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 
NM NW SEMICIRCLE OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 
17 TO 24 FT. ALSO N OF 37N AND W OF 175W...AND WITHIN 360 NM E 
OF FRONT FROM 45N 173W TO 40N 174W TO 33N 179E...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 176E 962 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 19 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 120 NM AND 660 NM N...300 NM E...1140 NM 
S...AND 600 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 32 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 177E 974 MB. WITHIN 600 NM NE...1140 
NM SE...540 NM SW...AND 360 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 156W 977 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM NE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM NE...1080 
NM SE...600 NM SW...AND 300 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 145W 975 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE...540 NM 
SE...780 NM SW...AND 360 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT 
SEAS 14 TO 27 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 135W 990 MB. WITHIN WITHIN 600 NM SE 
AND 420 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING LOW 36N 165E 1006 MB MOVING NE 45 KT. FROM 
30N TO 39N W OF 165E...W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 
FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 171E 1002 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE...660 
NM SW...AND 600 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 172W 976 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM NE...660 NM SE...780 NM SW...AND 240 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 161W 970 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 22 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM N...1140 NM E...1080 NM S...360 NM W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 162E 988 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 
15 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 41N 165E TO 30N 
175E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.  

.FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 121W AND 126W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 56N 163W LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.

.FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 125W AND 147W AND FROM 50N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 149W AND 157W AREAS OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING 
VSBY BELOW 1 NM.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 40N BETWEEN 162W AND 168W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 140W AND 150W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.  

.HIGH 39N 131W 1029 MB MOVING SE 05 KT...TURNING SW AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 129W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 132W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 33N 161W 1024 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 144W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 133W 1026 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N 160E 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 179W 1018 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT FEB 09
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN FEB 10
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON FEB 11

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 8N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 117W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 16N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 
30N118W TO EQUATOR AT 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 25N112W TO 
EQUATOR AT 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.30 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF THE COAST 
N WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N FROM 94W TO 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC SAT FEB 09...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...2N78W 4N105W 8N120W 8N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM OF 13N104W.
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 10N117W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 8N123W.

$$
FORECASTER LL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.