Subject: Pacific SE: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:51:10 -0600

273 
TXPS40 PHFO 172351
TCSSP 

SOUTH PACIFIC TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY - FIXES
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2350 UTC THU JAN 17 2008

TROPICAL CYCLONE FUNA NEAR 17.3S 172.4E AT 17/2230 UTC BASED ON 
MTSAT 4 KM IR AND 2 KM VIS RESOLUTION IMAGERY AND ANIMATION. 
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 30 NM. ESTIMATED MAXIMUM 1 MINUTE MEAN WIND 
SPEED 77 KT. MOVEMENT ESTIMATED TOWARDS 120 DEGREES AT 14 KT OVER 
THE PAST 6 HOURS.

T4.5/4.5/D1.5/24 HOURS

REMARKS...CENTER EMBEDDED 3/4 DEGREE INTO LG...YIELDING A DT OF 4.5. 
RAPID INTENSIFICATION GIVES A MET OF 4.5. PAT AGREES. 

$$

WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.