Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:46:20 -0600

008 
FZPN01 KWBC 011546
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 01 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 171E 969 MB MOVING W 10 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM N 
AND NE QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S AND 600 NM N 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 165E 976 MB. W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 
43N 174E TO 56N 173W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 55N 165E 982 MB. N OF 41N W OF 
173E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 172W 986 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.  
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 163W 986 MB. FROM 47N TO 51N BETWEEN 
159W AND 172W...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 147W 990 MB. FROM 47N TO 51N BETWEEN 
145W AND 155W...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 138W AND 160W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 45N 123W 993 MB. S OF 50N WITHIN 
840 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 55N 134W 1002 MB MOVING E 10 
KT. WITHIN 720 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 
FT. ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 41N 135W TO 58N 143W...WINDS TO 
25 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND WITH CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
LOW 47N 129W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 158W 997 MB MOVING E 20 KT...WITH A FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 50N 148W TO 40N 145W. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM W AND 120 
NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED...AND A NEWLY FORMED SECOND LOW 
47N 129W 1003 MB. FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 124W AND 136W...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED 
BY LOW 45N 123W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N 165E 1001 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. FROM 30N TO 34N W OF 
173E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 178W 998 MB...WITH A FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 36N 179W TO 30N 175E. WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE 
FRONT...AND S OF 46N WITHIN 540 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 171W 986 MB...WITH A FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 49N 161W TO 33N 174W. WITHIN 240 NM S AND N 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM N AND 420 NM S SEMICIRCLES...AND 360 NM E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N 175E 1004 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 59N W OF 171W...LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 160W TO 60N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N 158W TO 57N 170W TO 58N 
171W TO 61N 178W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W...N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 125W...NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 45N 123W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 167W 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 52N 171W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 57N 135W 996 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND 
SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.FROM 37N TO 47N BETWEEN 158W AND 173W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 161W AND 177W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 49N BETWEEN 150W AND 163W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 35N 150W 1036 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 150W 1034 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 170E 1023 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 39N 178W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI FEB 01
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT FEB 02
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN FEB 03

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS BUILDING 8 
TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 12N98W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 29N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 15N TO 19N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 
16 FT IN E SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 7N TO 23N W OF 120W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA 
N OF 4N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 27N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 28N BETWEEN 
115W AND 123W NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL...EXCEPT 10 TO 15 FT N OF 25N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 5N TO 25N W OF 124W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC FRI FEB 1...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 6N77W 4N90W 6N100W 4N115W 
8N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.