Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:04:42 -0600

951 
ATPQ40 PGUM 080304
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST FRI FEB 8 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N153E THROUGH THE 
NORTHERNMOST MARIANA ISLANDS AT 20N145E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR 
LINE TO 12N130E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLD FRONT AND 150 
MILES NORTHWEST OF THE SHEAR LINE. 

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 3N130E TO EQ135. 
THE WEAK CIRCULATION MENTIONED EARLIER AT 1N138E APPEARS TO HAVE 
DISSIPATED. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 5N130E 
TO 6N132E TO 4N137E TO EQ137E TO EQ130E AND BACK TO 5N130E. THESE 
SHOWERS ARE AFFECTING THE SOUTHERN ISLANDS OF PALAU.

A TRADE-WIND TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 5N170 WESTWARD TO 4N150E THEN 
NORTHWESTWARD TO 7N139E. CONVERGENT TRADE WINDS ALONG THE TROUGH ARE 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 125 MILES 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 5N164E TO 5N151E...INCLUDING KOSRAE 
STATE...POHNPEI STATE AND SOUTHERN CHUUK STATE. CONVERGENT TRADE 
WINDS ARE ALSO PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS 75 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A 
LINE FROM 5N171E TO 5N164E AND FROM 5N151E TO 2N149E TO 7N139E. 
THESE SHOWERS ARE AFFECTING THE SOUTHERN MARSHALL ISLANDS...WESTERN 
CHUUK STATE AND EASTERN YAP STATE. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.