Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 06:06:52 -0600

607 
ATHW40 PHFO 101206
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC THU JAN 10 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC JANUARY 10 2008

A THIN BAND OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS...ORIENTED NORTH/NORTHEAST TO 
SOUTH/SOUTHWEST...EXISTS OVER AND JUST EAST OF KAUAI.  THE BAND AS A 
WHOLE IS MOVING SLOWLY TOWARD THE EAST...WHILE INDIVIDUAL CLOUD 
ELEMENTS WITHIN THE BAND ARE HEADING TOWARD THE NORTH/NORTHEAST NEAR 
50 MPH.

CONDITIONS AT THE LOWER LEVELS OF THE ATMOSPHERE ARE CLEAR TO PARTLY 
CLOUDY OVER MOST OF THE ALOHA STATE THIS EARLY MORNING.  HOWEVER... 
LOW CEILINGS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED LIGHT SHOWERS...ARE OCCURRING 
FROM TIME TO TIME IN WINDWARD COASTAL...MAUKA AND WINDWARD UPSLOPE 
SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  THIS HAS ESPECIALLY BEEN THE CASE 
IN KAUAI...OAHU...AND THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS ON THE BIG ISLAND.
LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING AT 15 TO 20 MPH ACROSS THE STATE...FROM THE 
EAST JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND VEERING TOWARD THE EAST/ 
SOUTHEAST MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

DISCOUNTING ANY HIGH CLOUDINESS...SKIES ARE GENERALLY CLEAR TO 
SCATTERED OVER THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.  SMALL AREAS OF 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS DO EXIST...THOUGH...IN THE ALENUIHAHA AND KAIWI 
CHANNELS AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  A NARROW...NORTH-TO-SOUTH ORIENTED 
LINE OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS LOCATED SOUTH OF THE KAIWI CHANNEL AS 
WELL.

A WEAK FRONTAL CLOUD BAND IS WELL NORTH OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN 
HEADING TOWARD THE EAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH OVER THE PAST SEVEN HOURS.  
HOWEVER...SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE FEATURE 
SOUTH OF 25N HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY AROUND 300 MILES NORTHWEST 
OF THE GARDEN ISLE.  

ANOTHER WEAK FRONT IS MORE THAN 500 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS 
BEEN RACING TOWARD THE EAST AND EAST/SOUTHEAST NEAR 45 MPH OVER THE 
PAST 12 HOURS.  THE SYSTEM HAS GENERATED LITTLE SURFACE WEATHER 
SOUTH OF 30N. 

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.