Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:52:49 -0600

143 
ATPQ40 PGUM 300252
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST WED JAN 30 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS IN SEVERAL 
AREA ACROSS MICRONESIA. THE FIRST AREA LIES SOUTHWEST OF PALAU 
BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 4N FROM 130E TO 133E. THE SECOND AREA IS 
FOUND WELL SOUTH OF THE MARIANAS AND SOUTH OF POHNPEI BETWEEN 2N AND 
7N FROM 141E TO 160E. CHUUK IS ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THIS AREA. 
THE THIRD AREA IS LOCATED SOUTH OF KOSRAE AND MAJURO...OR WITHIN 80 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 1N162E TO 5N172E TO 7N180.

A COLD FRONT CUTS ACROSS THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE DISCUSSION AREA 
FROM 23N130E TO 25N135E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE 
OCCURRING ALONG THIS BOUNDARY AND NORTHWARD TO BEYOND 25N.

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHWARD FROM 20N170E TO BEYOND 25N 
AT 171E. TRADE WINDS CONVERGING EAST OF THE TROUGH AXIS ARE 
GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS SOUTHWEST OF 
MIDWAY ISLAND...OR NORTH OF A LINE FROM 22N177E TO 22N180. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.