Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 02:01:26 -0600

847 
FQPS01 NFFN 020600
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE EQUATOR to 25S between 160E and
120W 
issued by Fiji Meteorological Service Feb 020800 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNINGHURRICANE WARNING 006 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Feb
02/0724 UTC 2008 UTC.
SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [970HPA] CATEGORY 3 WAS LOCATED
NEAR 22 DECIMAL 0 SOUTH 170 DECIMAL 9 EAST AT 020600 UTC. POSITION
FAIR.  REPEAT POSITION 22.0 SOUTH 170.9 EAST AT 020600 UTC.CYCLONE
MOVING SOUTH ABOUT 05 KNOTS.
CYCLONE WEAKENING.
EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 65 KNOTS CLOSE THE CENTRE DECREASING TO 50
KNOTS IN THE NEXT 12 TO 18 HOURS.EXPECT WINDS OVER 63 KNOTS WITHIN 30
MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 50 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 240 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMICIRCLE                        AND WITHIN 90 MILES OF CENTRE
ELSEWHERE. 
FORECAST POSITION NEAR 22.9S 170.8E AT 021800 UTC              
              AND NEAR 23.9S 171.0E AT 030600 UTC.
ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS. OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC
AT MET DOT GOV DOT FJ.
THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 005.  

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Feb 030600 UTC.

 SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [970HPA] WAS LOCATED NEAR 22.0S
170.9E. 
OUTSIDE WARNING AREA: EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 25 TO 30 KNOTS WITHIN
300 MILES OF TC CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI CIRCLE AND WITHIN 150
MILES ELSEWHERE, WITH ROUGH SEAS AND MODERATE TO HEAVY SWELLS.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1 07S 160E 10S 171E 15S 177E 20S 177E TO TC GENE
SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
200 MILES OF CZ1 AND TC. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS WITH GUSTS UPTO 30 KNOTS WITHIN 120 MILES OF CZ1. ROUGH SEAS.

TROUGH T1 14S 165E 16S 171E 20S 172E TO TC GENE SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN
060 MILES IN AREA NORTH OF 18S AND IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS
WITHIN 120 MILES ELSEWHERE.

TROUGH T2 FROM TC GENE TO 25S 180 24S 175W 25S 165W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 180 MILES OF T2.

TROUGH T3 10S 165W 10S 160W 11S 145W 15S 135W SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND SQUALLY THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 120
MILES OF T3.

STATIONARY FRONT SF 20S 150W 22S 135W 24S 120W. POOR VISIBILITY IN
OCCASIONAL SHOWERS AND SQUALLY THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF SF.

NORTH OF 20S BETWEEN 175W AND 140W, MODERATE NORTHERLY SWELLS ABATING
IN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. 

SOUTH OF 20S WEST OF 165E, SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS AND UPTO 25
KNOTS AT TIMES. ROUGH SEAS, MODERATE SWELLS. 

SOUTH OF 20S AND EAST OF CZ1, EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS
AND UPTO 25 KNOTS AT TIMES, BECOMING EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25
KNOTS EAST OF 160W. ROUGH SEAS. MODERATE SOUTHERLY SWELLS.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.