Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 22:23:52 -0600

144 
FZPN01 KWBC 040423
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FEB 04 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 38N 155E 966 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
33N TO 39N W OF 163E...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 42N AND W OF 166E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 165E 958 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND S 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 24 TO 42 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 173E 959 MB WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 44N 171E TO 48N 175E TO 42N 178W TO 30N 174E. BETWEEN 120 
NM AND 360 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 26 TO 
44 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 180 NM NW AND 
NE OF THE FRONT N OF 38N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM S SEMICIRCLE...540 NM NE QUADRANT...AND 
420 NM NW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 176W 966 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM 
S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 26 TO 42 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 
NM S SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE AND 900 NM SE AND 660 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 162W 1014 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER NEAR 49N 145W 993 
MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 136W AND 160W...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 135W 976 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ALSO OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 46N TO 55N BETWEEN 129W AND 141W...WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 55N 129W 976 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
SW AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 44N TO 56N E OF 142W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 
TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N 173W 980 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 300 NM N AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS AND 420 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 173W 997 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 300 
NM N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY FORECAST LOW 50N 176W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 164E 990 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS NW OF FORECAST AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 31N 125W TO 49N 133W 
AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 39N AND E OF 126W...AREA OF NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 162E 1006 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 57N 157W TO 57N 166W TO 59N 180...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 59N 143W 998 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 36N TO 54N BETWEEN 146W AND 162W...AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 134W AND 146W...AREA 
OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 149W AND 160W...AREA 
OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 37N 145W 1034 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 137W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 136W 1034 MB. 

.HIGH 37N 175W 1023 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 157W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 35N 136W. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N 177W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON FEB 4
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE FEB 5
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED FEB 6

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS
20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 22N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT. 
N OF 29N E OF 122W W WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE W 
OF 111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 20N W OF 124W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. N OF 27N E OF 124W NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 
TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 6N W OF 114W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N SW WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N W TO NW WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 22N TO 30N NW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC MON FEB 4...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 3N78W 5N115W 4N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 12N TO 13N BETWEEN 115W AND 119W.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.