Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 05:02:44 -0600

235 
FZPN40 PHFO 021102
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED JAN 02 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 02 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 03 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 04 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 29N 140W 26N 145W THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 24N 150W 23N 
157W.  FRONT MOVING E 15 KT...SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
WEAKENING.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM NW OF THE FRONT.

RIDGE 30N 177W 24N 160W NEARLY STATIONARY.

RIDGE 30N 169W 26N 145W NEARLY STATIONARY.

WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 24N 157W 12N 165W 07N 170E 
21N 170E 24N 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 14N AND 21N BOUNDED BY 
160W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 24N 160W 
12N 160W 07N 170E 20N 170E 24N 160W.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 8 FT OF LESS IN SW OF A LINE 10S EQ 180.  SEAS 14 TO 17 FT 
BETWEEN 10N AND 20N BOUNDED BY 170W AND 170E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SW OF A LINE 10S 160E EQ 175E. 
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT OVER MOST OF AREA.

ITCZ...08N 140W 09N 165W 06N 172E 05N 179E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE ITCZ E OF 153W AND WITHIN 90 NM S OF THE ITCZ 
E OF 146W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.