Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 23:28:47 -0600

879 
ATHW40 PHFO 030528
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SUN FEB 03 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC FEBRUARY 03 2008

THE MAIN WEATHER FEATURE AFFECTING THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS 
EVENING IS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE UPPER LEVEL 
LOW IS NEAR 28.0N 165.3W...ABOUT 540 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. A 
SHORTWAVE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THIS UPPER LEVEL LOW TO 17.2N 168.4W. 
THE SHORTWAVE TROUGH IS SWINGING SLOWLY CLOCKWISE.

THE UPPER LEVEL WIND FLOW OVER THE ISLANDS REMAINS FROM THE 
SOUTHWEST. HIGH CLOUDS ARE STREAMING OVER THE ISLANDS OF MOLOKAI... 
LANAI...KAHOOLAWE...MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND IN THIS UPPER LEVEL WIND 
FLOW MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO DETERMINE THE LOWER CLOUDS OVER THESE 
ISLANDS. THINNER SPOTS IN THE HIGH CLOUDS EARLIER IN THE DAY SHOWED 
A HEAVY CONCENTRATION OF LOW CLOUDS OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF 
THESE ISLANDS. RADAR CONTINUES TO SHOW HEAVY RAINFALL PARTICULARLY 
OVER THE BIG ISLAND/S EAST AND SOUTHEAST FACING SLOPES...SUGGESTING 
THAT LOWER CLOUDS MAY BE MERGING WITH THE HIGH CLOUDS OVERHEAD. 

BETWEEN KAUAI AND THE UPPER LOW...THUNDERSTORMS HAVE DEVELOPED WITH 
TOPS REACHING NEAR 34 THOUSAND FEET. LOW CLOUDS ARE PLENTIFUL OVER 
THE EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI...AS WELL AS THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE 
KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.