Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:45:08 -0600

744 
FZPN40 PHFO 010445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI FEB 01 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 01 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 02 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 03 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N163E 28N160E MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 29N AND W OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N170E 20N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF 28N AND W OF 178W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THROUGH 30N180 22N170E THENCE SHEAR LINE 
THROUGH 20N160E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT 
IN AREA N OF 25N W OF 180. 

.TROUGH THRU 13N141W 06N147W MOVING W 05 KT. NE TO E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM NW OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 300 NM OF TROUGH N OF 10N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH THRU 15N143W 08N145W. NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM NW OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 18N TO 07N BETWEEN 150W AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 26N TO 10N IN AREA 
E OF 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 28N TO 15N IN AREA E OF 
160W.

.RIDGE THRU 30N167W 27N180 24N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE THRU 30N160W 20N170E 
10N170E EQ180 EQ160W 09N140W 30N140W 30N160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE THRU 
30N155W 20N175E 08N170E EQ175E EQ170W 09N140W 30N140W 30N 155W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE THRU 
30N170W 12N160E 08N160E 15N170W 07N140W 30N140W 30N170W. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ...08N140W 06N160W 06N174W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 
NM OF ITCZ. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.