Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:45:07 -0600

080 
FZPN40 PHFO 220445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE JAN 22 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 22 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 23 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 24 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 162E 27N 160E MOVING E 35 KT. WINDS 
20 TO 35 KT NW OF FRONT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N 
167E 26N 160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 170E 24N 160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
180 NM NW OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING...
FRONT 30N 167W 27N 173W EXTENDING AS SHEAR LINE THRU 26N 176W 21N 
176E 22N 168E. FRONT MOVING NE 10 KT AND DISSIPATING. SHEARLINE 
NEARLY STATIONARY. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM N OF 
SHEARLINE W OF 180.
.18 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 1009 MB FORMING NEAR SHEAR LINE REMNANT 
27N 173E. FRONT 28N 173E THRU LOW TO 25N 171E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
WITHIN 150 NM EAST SEMICIRCLE OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 1008 MB 28N 174E. FRONT FROM LOW THRU 23N 
160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM EAST SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. SEE GALE WARNING BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 1010 MB 28N 179E. FRONT 30N 179W THRU LOW TO 
22N 165E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT WITHIN 120 NM SE QUADRANT OF LOW. WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SE OF LOW AND FRONT N OF 25N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 22N BETWEEN 155W AND 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 17N BETWEEN 
154W AND 169W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 19N BETWEEN 
154W AND 160W.

RIDGE 30N 176E 24N 160E MOVING SE 20 KT AND ERODING FROM THE W.

SEAS 8 TO 13 FT BOUNDED BY 30N 170E 30N 145W 12N 147W 02N 175W 12N 
160E 26N 160E 30N 170E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 16 FT NW OF LINE 30N 168E 25N 160E. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT BOUNDED BY 30N 180 30N 140W 10N 150W EQ 180 15N 170E 30N 
180. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT NW OF LINE 30N 179W 20N 160E. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT BOUNDED BY 30N 180 30N 140W EQ 160W 12N 178E 30N 179W. 
SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

ITCZ...07N 140W 09N 151W 02N 176E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.