Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:13:04 -0600

289 
FZPN01 KWBC 101612
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 10 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 40N 171E 993 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM NW...300 NM NE...360 NM SE AND 600 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 175E 984 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 177W 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 300 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
240 NM NE...360 NM W AND 420 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT 
SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM NW...480 NM NE AND 600 
NM E QUADRANTS...AND 660 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N 165W 992 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 41N 
165W TO 42N 156W TO 38N 153W TO 30N 159W. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 26 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM W...480 NM SE AND 600 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM N AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 36N 165W 998 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM N AND 300 NM E QUADRANTS...AND 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 149W 980 MB. WITHIN 120 NM W AND 180 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
240 NM SW AND 300 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 
14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 660 NM SE 
QUADRANTS...AND 360 NM N SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 
TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 136W 973 NB. WITHIN 180 NM W AND 240 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
180 NM N...240 NM W...300 NM E AND 360 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NE...300 NM 
NW...480 NM SW AND 660 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 160E 983 MB MOVING N 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 300 NM 
S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 53N 160E 978 MB. FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM 55N 171E TO 50N 177E TO 47N 179E. WITHIN 120 NM NE 
OF FRONT N OF 50N...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 840 NM S QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 
240 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 56N 174E TO 54N 179E TO 48N 180. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N 136W 978 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 
130W AND 154W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 20 TO 36 FT...WITH 
HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 43N 150W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM N AND 
NE...540 NM SW AND 1020 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 
12 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 56N 132W 993 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S 
AND 780 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT IN SW 
SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N 168E 1008 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW  
TO 37N 164E TO 35N 160E. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 176E 1001 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW TO 
40N 175E TO 37N 170E. WITHIN 180 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS...AND 
WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 56N 169W TO 60N 175W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 55N 152W TO 56N 162W TO 58N 
173W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 54N 152W TO 55N 160W TO 57N 
168W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 60N 148W 988 MB STATIONARY. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 660 NM W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 148W 993 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 147W 996 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N 180 TO 56N 173E. WITHIN 180 NM N OF 
FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 53N 160E IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.FROM 36N TO 41N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.

.HIGH 46N 175W 1020 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N 131W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 163E 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N 177E 1027 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 60N 170W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU JAN 10
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI JAN 11
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT JAN 12

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 5N TO 20N W OF 120W  NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 13 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 21N W OF 125W  NE WIND 20 KT  
SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 8N W OF 115W  WIND LESS 
THAN 20 KT  SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 125W  NE WIND 20 KT  
SEAS 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 9N W OF 110W  WIND LESS 
THAN 20 KT  SEAS 13 FT IN NW SWELL.  S OF 9N W OF 120W  WIND 
LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC THU JAN 10...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N77W 5N85W 4N96W 6N110W 6N127W 
4N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM OF AXIS FROM 115W TO 119W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.