Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:32:39 -0600

450 
ATHW40 PHFO 120532
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SAT JAN 12 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC JANUARY 12 2008

CLOUD COVERAGE OVER THE ISLANDS VARIED FROM ISLAND TO ISLAND. MOST 
OF KAUAI WAS CLOUD COVERED WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SOUTHWEST COASTAL 
AREAS. LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO COVERING MOST OF OAHU WITH THE LEAST 
AMOUNT OF LOW CLOUDS OVER SOUTHEAST SECTIONS. OVER ON MOLOKAI 
PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE PRESENT OVER INTERIOR SECTIONS WHICH IS 
ALSO THE CAST OVER LANAI. OVER ON MAUI LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER 
THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF 
THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER ON THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN 
OVER PRETTY MUCH ALL THE LOWER AND MIDDLE SLOPES OF BOTH MAUNA KEA 
AND MAUNA LOW WITH THE HIGH SUMMITS BEING CLOUD FREE. THERE ARE 
PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS PASSING BY TO THE SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS IN THE 
TRADE WIND FLOW. WHILE THE FLOW NORTH OF THE ISLANDS IS FROM THE 
SOUTHEAST. 

THE LEADING EDGE OF A NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTHWEST ORIENTED COLD 
FRONT IS SEEN ABOUT 400 MILES TO THE NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE FRONT 
IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST AT ABOUT 30 MPH AND CONSISTS MAINLY OF LOW 
CLOUDS WITH DEEPER CONVECTION FAR TO THE NORTH OF THE STATE. BOTH IR 
AND WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IS SHOWING A SWATH OF CIRRUS CLOUDS 
STREAMING BY FAR TO THE NORTH NORTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.