Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 16:45:08 -0600

738 
FZPN40 PHFO 022245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT FEB 02 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FEB 02 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 03 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 04 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N175E 24N166E THENCE STATIONARY FRONT THRU 22N160E. 
COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 9 TO 10 FT 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
360 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N178W 23N173E THENCE 
STATIONARY FRONT THRU 21N160E. ASSOCIATED WINDS 20 KT OR LESS SEAS 9 
TO 10 FT N OF 25N W OF 180.
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF FORECAST 
WATERS. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
26N W OF 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT ENTERING FORECAST AREA NEAR 30N160E. WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N W OF 175E. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 29N W OF 170E 
AND SEAS 9 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 27N W OF 180.

.RIDGE 30N157W 23N168E NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE WEST.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM BETWEEN 08N AND 28N E OF 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 08N AND 25N E OF 
160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 07N AND 18N E OF 
160W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 25N W OF 170E AND S OF 03S E OF 170E. 
ELSEWHERE SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 26N W OF 170W AND S OF 03N 
E OF 170W. ELSEWHERE SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS W OF 170W AND 9 TO 13 FT 
ELSEWHERE.

.ITCZ...07N140W 07N160W 07N178E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM N OF 
THE ITCZ MAINLY BETWEEN 155W AND 167W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.