Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 04:40:29 -0600

014 
FZPN40 PHFO 051040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE FEB 05 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 05 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 06 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 07 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N174E 28N168E 25N163E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.RIDGE 30N172W 26N180 24N165E NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE WEST.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 18N E OF 150W...AND BETWEEN 16N 
AND 26N BOUNDED BY 150W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 08N AND 16N E OF 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 08N AND 18N E OF 
155W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 14 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE 26N160E 26N170E 30N175E.  SEAS 8 FT OR 
LESS S OF 04N W OF 165W AND BETWEEN 04S AND 24S W OF 170W.  
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE 30S170E 24S180 
30S170W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 04S W OF 170W.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 04S W OF 170W.  
ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.ITCZ...06N140W 07N150W 07N160W 05N175W 05N172W.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 06N150W 06N150W 05N170E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 150W AND 165W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.