Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:59:07 -0600

459 
ATPQ40 PGUM 140259
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST THU FEB 14 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 80 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 10N147E TO 13N144E. ALSO...CONVERGENT 
TRADE-WINDS ARE TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 70 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 12N140E TO 15N146E. THIS ENTIRE AREA INCLUDES 
GUAM...ROTA...TINIAN AND SAIPAN.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N165E TO 18N155E. 
EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 
130 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE FRONT. A SHEAR LINE RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD 
FROM 20N153E TO THE NORTH OF THE MARIANAS TO 14N140E TO 14N130E AND 
BEYOND. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 150 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF SHEAR LINE EAST OF 140E AND UP TO 250 MILES NORTH OF 
SHEAR LINE WEST OF 140E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS IN AN AREA WEST OF KOROR BETWEEN 3N TO 8N FROM 130E TO 
134E. ALSO...SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING 
BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 3N FROM 130E TO 132E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 70 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 4N170E TO 5N175E TO 4N180.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.