Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:45:08 -0600

526 
FZPN40 PHFO 162245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED JAN 16 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 16 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 17 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 18 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNINGS...
.COLD FRONT MOVING INTO NW CORNER OF FORECAST WATERS.  WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT NW OF A LINE 30N 163E 26N 160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 175E 22N 160E.  WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 174W 21N 174E.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 168W 26N 175W 24N 178E THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 20N 
167E 19N 160E.  FRONT MOVING E 20 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING SE SLOWLY.  

HIGH 1019MB 30N 162W MOVING E SLOWLY AND WEAKENING. 

HIGH 1022MB 29N 174W MOVING ENE 25 KT.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE 30N 172W 23N 170E 30N 167E. 
SEAS MOSTLY 9 TO 14 FT OVER THE REST OF THE AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 18 FT NW OF A LINE 30N 176E 29N 170E 
28N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT OVER REST OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 178W AND 173E. 
SEAS 14 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N 174W 25N 175E 28N 160E. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT OVER REST OF AREA.

ITCZ...07N 140W 04N 158W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.