Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 03:50:03 -0600

594 
FZPN01 KWBC 060949
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 06 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 42N 174W 976 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 48N BETWEEN 162W AND 178W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 170W 960 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 55 TO 70 KT SEAS 24 TO 34 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 162W 966 MB...WITH A FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 48N 154W TO 45N 148W TO 38N 152W TO 32N 159W. WITHIN 
360 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 32 TO 42 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 158W AND 170W...WINDS 40 TO 50 
KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 36N TO 52N BETWEEN 152W AND 
174W...AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 
TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 45N 140W 984 
MB... AND A NEWLY FORMED SECOND CENTER 53N 141W 969 MB. A FRONT 
EXTENDS FROM THE SECOND CENTER TO 49N 130W TO 42N 133W TO 34N 
146W. FROM 40N TO 44N BETWEEN 137W AND 145W...AND N OF 43N 
WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE OF THE FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 
TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 59N BETWEEN 124W AND 
151W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 35N 156W 1002 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WHILE RAPIDLY 
INTENSIFYING.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 165E 990 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 172E 977 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W AND NW 
AND 240 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 32 FT. 
FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 179E AND 168E...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 
16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 42N W OF 179W OVER FORECAST 
WATERS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 175W 969 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 32 TO 44 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
34N TO 43N BETWEEN 170W AND 177E...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM 
NW QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 50N BETWEEN 160W AND 174E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 175E 986 MB MOVING NW 25 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
32N TO 54N BETWEEN 178W AND 170E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 
18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N 164E 980 MB. WITHIN 660 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 
TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. N OF 54N BETWEEN 176W AND 
177E...S TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N 143W 977 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 990 NM N OF A LINE FROM 36N 130W TO 54N 166W...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO N OF 30N E OF 130W...WINDS TO 25 
KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 149W 984 MB. N OF 52N E OF 
169W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 150W 989 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N 145W 1008 MB MOVING SE 45 KT. FROM 34N TO 39N BETWEEN 
140W AND 151W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N 122W 1009 MB. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
120W AND 126W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS S 
OF 35N E OF 125W...NW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT...EXCEPT 
WHERE NOTED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 164E 976 MB MOVING N 10 KT. NW OF A LINE FROM 45N 163E 
TO 55N 178W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE. ELSEWHERE N OF 30N W OF 170E...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 
10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MERGED WITH LOW 58N 164E 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 36N 157E 1001 MB. FROM 30N TO 
36N W OF 162E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 153W TO 56N 163W TO 61N 175W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 56N 164W TO 61N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 163W TO 61N 
176W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 49N 126W 1001 MB. FROM 35N TO 50N E OF 
136W...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED 
BY COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 45N 140W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 160W AND 172W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 46N BETWEEN 143W AND 152W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 42N 154W 1014 MB MOVING E 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 49N 163W 1012 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 31N 168E 1014 MB MOVING NE 45 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 170W 1015 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N 154W 1016 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 168E 1018 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN JAN 06
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON JAN 07
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE JAN 08

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 14N BETWEEN 91W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 
13N BETWEEN 93W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 FT SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
8N TO 10N BETWEEN 89W AND 93W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN 
NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 8N TO 17N W OF 128W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 19N W OF 118W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20 N W OF LINE 
20N110W TO EQUATOR AT 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 
FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 19N W OF 110W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW AND N SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 
109W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW AND N SWELL.

.N OF 28N BETWEEN 123W AND 130W NW WINDS 20 KT SEAS 18 TO 20 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N AND NW OF LINE 30N115W 20N135W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 109W...EXCEPT FOR GULF OF 
CALIFORNIA...WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 109W...EXCEPT FOR GULF OF 
CALIFORNIA...WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC SUN JAN 6...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 4N96W 8N115W 6N130W 
7N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 111W 
AND 119W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 
120W AND 130W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM N OF AXIS W OF 
137W.

$$
FOR MARINERS USING NOAA FTPMAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN MARINE 
FORECASTS...EMAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY CHANGE TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR 
DETAILS...OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN 
E-MAIL /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN 
THE BODY TO [email-masked].

FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.