Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:45:11 -0600

287 
FZPN40 PHFO 170445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU JAN 17 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 17 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 18 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 19 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT THRU 30N 163E 27N 160E MOVING E 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
N OF 26N W OF 165E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 175E 27N 170E 22N 160E.  WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N 171W 24N 180 23N 176E THENCE SHEAR 
LINE THRU 22N 170E 22N 160E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N 167W 25N 178W THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 22N 
172E. FRONT MOVING E 10 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING SE SLOWLY.  

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 14 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE 30N 170W 23N 180 22N 170E 30N 165E. 
SEAS MOSTLY 9 TO 14 FT OVER THE REST OF THE AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 173E AND 163E. 
ELSEWHERE SEAS 14 TO 18 FT NW OF A LINE 30N 176E 27N 170E 
27N 160E. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT OVER REST OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 16 TO 20 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 175W AND 170E. 
SEAS 12 TO 16 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N 172W 25N 180 22N 170E 23N 
160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT OVER REST OF AREA.

ITCZ...06N 140W 04N 158W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.