Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 03:53:47 -0600

006 
FZPN01 KWBC 150947
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FEB 15 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 47N 179E 966 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 47N 171W TO 40N 166W TO 30N 174W. WITHIN 180 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 35 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 
NM SW AND 300 NM SE QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM N AND E OF 
FRONT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 
NM N AND SE AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 360 NM N AND E 
OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 176W 964 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 420 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM N...720 NM NW AND 900 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 170W 966 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND 720 
NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM W AND NW AND 900 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 48N 154W 985 MB WITH FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 40N 153W TO 30N 164W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 43N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 147W 994 MB WITH FRONT FROM 58N 141W 
TO 50N 145W TO 40N 147W TO 31N 154W. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N 
OF 41N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM E OF FRONT N OF 41N AND 360 NM E OF FRONT S OF 41N...AND 
WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 53N 161W 981 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND 
480 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 165W 979 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E AND 420 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW JUST W OF AREA 46N 159E 980 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 1080 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
SEAS 15 TO 30 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 35N TO 43N AND W OF 
175E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
WITH LOW 49N 176W ABOVE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N 172E 991 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 660 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 
FT. 
...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 61N 152W 983 MB MOVING NE 20 KT WITH A FRONT FROM 54N 132W 
TO 44N 139W. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT AND WITHIN 180 NM SE OF 
FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 
NM S QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA WITH CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 50N 160W 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 
540 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 
FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED WITHIN LOW 51N 170W ABOVE. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 150W TO 55N 165W TO 59N 179E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 56N 170W TO 56N 175E AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW AND N OF LINE FROM 57N 170W TO 55N 179W TO 
57N 175E AREA OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 43N AND E OF 128W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 33N TO 40N BETWEEN 164W AND 169W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 48N BETWEEN 149W AND 157W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 58N BETWEEN 135W AND 149W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 46N 127W 1029 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 37N 149W 1026 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 134W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 39N 134W 1028 MB MOVING N 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 44N 134W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 31N 130W 1027 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI FEB 15
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT FEB 16
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN FEB 17

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 15N TO 20N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. N OF 
27N E OF 122W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 12N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. N OF 20N BETWEEN 112W AND 118W N WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT WITH N SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 18N W OF 127W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT. N OF 22N BETWEEN 112W AND 118W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT WITH N SWELL. WITHIN 180 NM OF THE MEXICAN COAST 
N OF 17N TO 22N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 4N E OF 80W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMAS 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC FRI FEB 15...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 5N117W 10N133W 8N140W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION NEAR 4N79W 6N81W 1N81W 6N83W 6N88W 
2N92W 6N102W 9N123W AND 10N137W.

$$
FORECASTER RRG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.