Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 11:40:08 -0600

150 
FZPN01 KWBC 051740 CCA
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FEB 05 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FEB 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FEB 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 178E 958 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 46N 
176E TO 50N 180 TO 47N 167W TO 39N 170W TO 30N 176E. BETWEEN 120 
NM AND 420 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 24 TO 41 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 600 NM S AND 300 NM W QUADRANTS AND 240 NM N AND E 
OF FRONT N OF 39N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 34 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM N AND E AND 720 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 170W 976 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 40 
TO 55 KT SEAS 22 TO 45 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM OF CENTER AND 
WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 41N 158W TO 34N 169W...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 30 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 171W 988 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S OF A LINE 
FROM 56N 153W TO 54N 166W TO 52N 177W TO 55N 170E...WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER ICE FREE WATERS N OF 46N 
BETWEEN 151W AND 180...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 134W 983 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 
NM S QUADRANT AND WITHIN 240 NM E AND W QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT AND 720 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 55N 125W 1002 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 900 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 
21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
55N 128W BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N 163E 1006 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N 176E 1004 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF 
CENTER...EXCEPT 360 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 
TO 22 FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 169W 996 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N 164W 991 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM NW AND 540 NM SE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 
TO 25 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 41N AND W OF 170E...AREA OF S 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 47N 
AND W OF 173W S TO SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.30 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 141W 990 MB. WITHIN 780 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 55N 128W 987 MB. WITHIN 780 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 161W TO 57N 171W TO 59N 180 AREA OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 39N BETWEEN 120W AND 126W AREA OF NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 52N 160E 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM 
SE QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N 163E 998 MB. N OF 50N W OF 
173E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 124W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 37N TO 48N BETWEEN 161W AND 171W AND ALSO FROM 47N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 179E AREAS OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING 
VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 140W AND 155W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 44N BETWEEN 125W AND 162W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.  

.HIGH 36N 136W 1034 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 138W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 136W 1035 MB. 

.HIGH 41N 148W 1032 MB MOVING E 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 35N 138W. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N 164E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 178E 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER/CANGIALOSI. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE FEB 05
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED FEB 06
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU FEB 07

.WARNINGS.
NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 7N TO 30N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 
FT IN NE SWELL EXCEPT NW SWELL N OF LINE FROM 21N130W 24N140W. 
FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 
FT...HIGHEST TO THE NORTH IN NW SWELL EXCEPT NW FROM 11N TO 18N 
W OF 127W. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM EQ106W 23N110W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL W OF 130W...HIGHEST SEAS N OF 25N W OF 118W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 30N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL EXCEPT NW SWELL N OF LINE FROM 
20N130W 28N140W. FROM 10N TO 27N W OF 110W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 109W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT NE SWELL W OF 
130W...HIGHEST SEA N OF 27N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 30N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT EXCEPT 9 TO 13 FT S OF 25N IN NE SWELL. 
FROM 8 TO 30N W OF 110W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL EXCEPT NE SWELL S OF LINE FROM 8N122W 27N130W... 
HIGHEST SEAS TO THE SOUTH. ELSEWHERE W OF 116W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 29N NW WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 22N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA  FROM 23N TO 29N NW WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT S PART IN NW SWELL. S OF 22N W OF 110W NW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT N PART.
.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 22N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. S OF 22N W OF 110W NW WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW TO N SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 29N NW WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC TUE FEB 5...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...3N78W 4N97W 4N113W 7N125W 
5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE FROM 11N111W 
AND11N125W.

$$
FORECASTER KIMBERLAIN
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.