Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:45:14 -0600

898 
FZPN40 PHFO 231645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED JAN 23 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 23 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 24 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 25 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
LOW 1006MB 26N177E MOVING NE 30 KT. WARM FRONT FROM LOW THRU 26N179E 
MOVING NE 30 KT. COLD FRONT FROM LOW THRU 18N170E MOVING E 25 KT. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM SE SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 23N BETWEEN 176W AND 175E...AND IN AREA 
N OF 27N BETWEEN 171W AND 176W. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 1004MB 27N178E. FRONTS FROM LOW THRU 30N180 
AND THRU 19N171E. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT...SEAS 10 TO 14 FT WITHIN 240 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT...SEAS 9 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW AND FRONTS N OF 22N...AND OVER FORECAST WATERS 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 171W AND 177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA. FRONT FROM LOW THRU 30N173W 
28N174W 21N178E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N169W 26N 170W 23N173W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT W OF NW FORECAST WATERS. WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N W OF 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N166E 23N160E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N W OF 173E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N177E 23N170E 21N161E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N AND W OF COLD FRONT...AND WITHIN 210 NM E OF 
COLD FRONT N OF 28N. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT MERGED WITH LOW AND FRONTS DESCRIBED 
ABOVE.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 26N BETWEEN 147W AND 
173W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 19N 
BETWEEN 148W AND 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 168W.

WEAK TROUGH 30N144W 24N142W MOVING WSW SLOWLY.

WEAK TROUGH 18N142W 13N143W MOVING W SLOWLY.

RIDGE 30N165W 23N172W 17N177E MOVING E SLOWLY.

SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 22N W OF 172E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA 
N OF 05N BETWEEN 150W AND 178W. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 22N E 
OF 150W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 20N W OF 174E...AND 
IN AREA N OF 24N BETWEEN 172W AND 174E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN AREA FROM 
05N TO 24N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W...AND IN AREA FROM 05N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 160W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 25N E OF 153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 20 FT IN AREA N OF 25N W OF 170E. SEAS 9 
TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 19N BETWEEN 168W AND 173E. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN 
AREA FROM 06N TO 17N BETWEEN 155W AND 175W...IN AREA N OF 22N E 
OF 152W...AND IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 152W AND 159W. 

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF 
AREA.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA S OF 05N W OF 180.

ITCZ...08N140W 07N170W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.