Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:42:26 -0600

794 
WWPS21 NFFN 082300    
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan 08/2341 UTC 2008 UTC.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 07F [1000HPA] ANALYSED NEAR 19.3S 175.6W AT
082100UTC AND IS SLOW MOVING. POSITION FAIR BASED ON MTSAT VIS/IR
IMAGERY WITH ANIMATION AND PERIPHERAL SURFACE OSERVATION. SST AROUND
28-29 DEGREE CELCIUS. CONVECTION HAS NOT INCREASED FOR THE LAST 6-12
HOURS. THE SYSTEM IS SHEARED AND LIES IN A MODERATE SHEARED
ENVIRONMENT WITH LLCC EXPOSED. GLOBAL MODELS [AVN,EC,GFS] PREDICT
SOME INTENSIFICATION WITH THE SHEAR EXPECTED TO WEAKEN OVERNIGHT. THE
MODELS EXPECT 07F TO MOVE SLOWLY TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST.

POTENTIAL FOR THE SYSTEM TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS IS MODERATE TO HIGH.     

NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN
THE AREA.           

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.