Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:15:02 -0600

669 
FZPN01 KWBC 290414
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 29 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 31. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 44N 177W 998 MB MOVING NE 30 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 300 NM NE AND SW...600 NM SE...AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS... 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 167W 978 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 164W 973 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 
NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 
14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 56N BETWEEN 147W AND 174W... 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 144W 980 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 24 TO 45 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM NE SEMICIRCLE AND 780 NM SE AND 600 NM SW QUADRANTS... 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 30 FT.   

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 160E 982 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM NE AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N 169E 966 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 180 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 32 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 173E 969 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...EXCEPT 540 NM E QUADRANT...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 
18 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM SE...600 NM NE AND SW...AND 
360 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 57N 146W 981 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 54N 142W TO 51N 
134W...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 
NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 600 NM SW AND 900 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 129W 995 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 22 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
900 NM S AND 480 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 52N 144W. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 60N 176E 981 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S 
AND 600 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N 178W 991 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 51N 169E 1000 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 179W 1002 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 52N 144W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N AND E OF 122W AREA OF NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 34N TO 41N BETWEEN 164W AND 178W AND ALSO FROM 57N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 142W AND 149W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY 
BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 150W AND 156W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 33N 156W 1034 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 42N 154W 1033 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 140W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N 131W 1031 MB. 

.HIGH 34N 163E 1022 MB MOVING E 45 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N 172W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 157W 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE JAN 29
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED JAN 30
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU JAN 31

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 9N TO 21N W OF 133W AND ALSO FROM 12N TO 21N BETWEEN 120W
AND 133W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 11 TO 13 FT IN  NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N116W 12N110W 4N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 8N TO 22N W OF 128W AND ALSO FROM 12N TO 
20N BETWEEN 115W AND 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 
12 FT. N OF 24N BETWEEN 128W AND 135W NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 1102 WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 24N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. N OF 12N BETWEEN 111W AND 120W
N TO NE WINDS 20 KT...EXCEPT NW TO N 20 TO 25 KT N OF 25N SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN N TO NE SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS N OF 27N. FROM 24N TO 
28N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN 
NE TO E SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.

.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 10N86W 9N89W...INCLUDING THE
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 5N TO 
12N BETWEEN 89W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 10N86W 9N88W
...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 
8 FT. FROM 5N TO 10N BETWEEN 95W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN E SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 4N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W...INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED N AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 9N79W 6N79W
...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 9N79W 7N79W
...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS
THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.18 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 26N NW WINDS 
TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 23N TO 28N NW 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 23N TO 26N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS
THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0330 UTC TUE JAN 29...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 3N78W 5N90W 6N100W 6N110W
7N120W 6N130W 4N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION IS NOTED.

$$
FORECASTER AGUIRRE
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.