Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 04:45:08 -0600

539 
FZPN40 PHFO 091045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT FEB 09 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 09 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 10 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 11 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT W OF NW FORECAST WATERS. S WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N W OF 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N166E 26N160E. WINDS 25 TO 45 KT IN 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N W OF 171E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT IN AREA N 
OF 26N BETWEEN 177E AND 171E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N173E 23N160E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N W OF 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N172W 25N177E 23N170E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 210 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT 30N163W 25N176W. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH 17N154W 11N154W NEARLY STATIONARY. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF TROUGH N OF 13N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 16N152W 10N152W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
300 NM E OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 16N153W 11N153W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA 
FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN 147W AND 156W.

.WEAKENING FRONT 30N152W 26N164W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.RIDGE 30N164W 24N180 23N166E MOVING 15 KT.

.RIDGE 30N142W 28N146W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF 05N BETWEEN 150W AND 175W. SEAS 9 TO 
13 FT IN AREA N OF 04N E OF 150W...AND IN AREA N OF 26N W OF 166E. 
SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 03N TO 20N BETWEEN 175W AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF 24N W OF 175W. SEAS 9 
TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 06N E OF 166W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF 20N W OF 160W. SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 08N E OF 155W...AND IN AREA FROM 10N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 166W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS REST OF AREA.

.ITCZ...08N140W 07N160W 04N180 04N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM OF N AND WITHIN 60 NM S OF ITCZ E OF 155W...AND WITHIN 
210 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 171E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.