Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 20:44:41 -0600

973 
ATPQ40 PGUM 180244
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
1 PM CHST MON FEB 18 2008

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A WEAK COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 22N180 TO 20N170E THEN 
CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO NEAR WAKE ISLAND AT 19N167E TO 16N160E 
TO END AT 13N147E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING WITHIN 150 MILES 
OF THE COLD FRONT BOUNDARY AND WITHIN 80 MILES OF THE SHEAR LINE 
BOUNDARY.

A SHEAR LINE RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 20N148E TO 16N140E TO BEYOND 
130E AT 15N. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND 
ALONG AND UP TO 700 MILES NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY.

AN INVERTED TROUGH SOUTH OF YAP IS ASSOCIATED WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS...WITHIN 200 MILES OF A LINE FROM 8N137E TO 
EQ143E. 

ANOTHER INVERTED TROUGH NEAR POHNPEI IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 200 MILES OF A LINE FROM 8N158E TO 
EQ158E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS NEAR 
KWAJALEIN...MAJURO AND KOSRAE...WITHIN 180 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
9N160E TO 5N174E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.