Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:47:26 -0600

301 
FZPN01 KWBC 312147
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 31 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 31. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FEB 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 176E 968 MB MOVING NW 10 KT...WITH A FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 53N 174W TO 45N 163W TO 37N 170W. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 
SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 45 TO 55 KT SEAS 30 TO 40 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...AND N OF 51N WITHIN 240 NM N AND 
NW OF THE FRONT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 42N TO 59N BETWEEN 168W AND 160E...AND 420 NM E OF THE 
FRONT... WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 169E 970 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...AND 420 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 20 TO 
32 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 44N 175W 
TO 42N 171E TO 40N 160E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 166E 976 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE W AND 
NW OF A LINE FROM 39N 167E TO 56N 172W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 39N 169E 990 MB MOVING NE 45 KT. FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 
178W AND 160E...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 165W 996 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
38N TO 49N BETWEEN 151W AND 172W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 130W 987 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
36N TO 53N BETWEEN 124W AND 146W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 51N 130W 992 MB MOVING E 15 
KT...AND A SECOND CENTER 58N 142W 997 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 
840 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS OF MAIN LOW...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS OF 
SECOND LOW...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER INLAND...AND THE 
SECOND CENTER 56N 136W 1005 MB. FROM 44N TO 56N E OF 
136W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW MOVED WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
ABSORBED BY LOW 48N 130W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 162W 994 MB. FROM 49N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 153W AND 166W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 155W 995 MB...WITH A FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 54N 147W TO 47N 145W TO 42N 143W. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 
120 NM SW OF THE FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 147W 999 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE 
WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N 168E 1003 MB...WITH A FRONT FROM 39N 
172W TO LOW CENTER TO 31N 160E. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
30N WITHIN 240 NM S OF THE FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 176W 997 MB. FROM 40N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 179E...AND WITHIN 540 NM E OF A FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N 175W TO 30N 176E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.N OF 60N W OF 175W...LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 59N W OF 167W...LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 58N 159W TO 58N 169W TO 61N 
177W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W N WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 125W...WINDS LESS THAN 25 
KT SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W...WINDS 
TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N 168W 994 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N 157W 1002 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 16 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE.

.FROM 35N TO 47N BETWEEN 157W AND 172W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 152W AND 173W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 46N BETWEEN 161W AND 176W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 31N 129W 1033 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 33N 152W 1033 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N 152W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 153W 1036 MB. 

.HIGH 39N 149W 1032 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 138W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU JAN 31
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI FEB 1
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT FEB 2

.WARNINGS.
...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT SEAS TO 11 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 7N TO 22N W OF 118W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 
FT IN MIXED E AND NW SWELL. N OF 22N BETWEEN 117W AND 125W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 6N W 
OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 15N TO 19N W OF 135W E WINDS 25 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN MIXED E AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 7N TO 
28N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 5N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 5N TO 26N W OF 126W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25
KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 112W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL EXCEPT 10 TO 15
FT N OF 27N.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS
TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W 13N96W 
12N98W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC THU JAN 31...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 2N78W 5N86W 4N110W 9N140W. 
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER BERG
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.