Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:45:14 -0600

387 
FZPN40 PHFO 211645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON JAN 21 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 21 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 22 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 23 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 161E 27N 160E. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF 
27N W OF 171E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N 177E 25N 172E 20N 160E. S TO SW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N. N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM W OF FRONT N OF 27N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

FRONT 30N 168W 24N 180 21N 161E MOVING E SLOWLY N OF 28N AND NEARLY 
STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 210 NM N OF FRONT 
W OF 180. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 28N BETWEEN 162W AND 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT 30N 175W 28N 175E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 18N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 18N BETWEEN 
149W AND 168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 20N BETWEEN 
149W AND 175W.

RIDGE 30N 174E 26N 160E MOVING E 20 KT.

RIDGE 30N 160W 24N 170W MOVING E SLOWLY.

SEAS 9 TO 14 FT N OF 04N BETWEEN 170W AND 175E...AND N OF 10N W OF 
175E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF 10N BETWEEN 150W AND 170W. SEAS 9 TO 10 
FT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 20N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF 08N BETWEEN 149W AND 170W. 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF 02N BETWEEN 170W AND 173E...AND N OF 15N W OF 
173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 15 FT N OF 23N W OF 170E. SEAS 9 TO 14 
FT N OF 06N BETWEEN 148W AND 180. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT N OF 20N E OF 148W.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS S OF 11N W OF 176E.

ITCZ...09N 140W 02N 175E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.