Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 06:26:24 -0600

720 
ATHW40 PHFO 111226
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI JAN 11 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC JANUARY 11 2008

THE DISSIPATING REMNANTS OF A CLOUD BAND ORIGINALLY ASSOCIATED WITH 
A FRONT STILL COULD BE SEEN WITHIN ABOUT 60 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 
21N 180 TO 22N 168W TO 26N 156W TO 30N 150W AND FURTHER WEST AND 
NORTHEAST. ALTHOUGH THIS FEATURE ORIGINALLY CONSISTED MAINLY OF 
LAYERED CLOUDS...THESE HAD WITHDRAWN TO NORTHEAST OF ABOUT 28N 
151W...LEAVING BEHIND MAINLY FRAGMENTED STRATOCUMULI AND CUMULI. 
THIS BAND WAS NEARLY STATIONARY.

FURTHER NORTHWEST...A BAND OF DENSE LAYERED CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A 
STILL EXTANT FRONT EXTENDED ACROSS MIDWAY ISLAND AND SURROUNDING 
WATERS WITHIN 90 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 27N 180 TO 30N 174W AND 
FURTHER SOUTHWEST AND NORTHEAST. THIS FEATURE MOVED SOUTHEAST AT 15 
TO 20 MILES AN HOUR.

IN BETWEEN THE TWO BANDS...CLOUD COVER WAS LIMITED MAINLY TO A 
SMATTERING OF CUMULI.

FAR TO THE SOUTH...THERE WAS LITTLE CONVECTION IN THE ITCZ...BUT 
DENSE LAYERED MIDDLE TO HIGH CLOUDS FROM EARLIER ACTIVITY OBSCURED 
LOWER CLOUD FEATURES WITHIN 170 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 06N 180 TO 
08N 171W TO 09N 167W TO 06N 160W.

FRAGMENTED LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS PARTLY TO MOSTLY OBSCURED LOWER CLOUD 
FEATURES WITHIN 120 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 18N 159W TO 21N 153W TO 
30N 147W AND FURTHER NORTHEAST.

OTHERWISE...CLOUD COVER ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS CONSISTED MAINLY OF 
LOOSE CLUMPS OF CUMULI AND STRATOCUMULI...THOUGH AREAS OF NEARLY 
SOLID OVERCAST DID OCCUR NORTH OF 20N AND EAST OF 150W. THESE CLOUDS 
GENERALLY MOVED TOWARD THE WEST SOUTHWEST AT AROUND 20 MILES AN 
HOUR...AND ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 6000 TO 8000 FEET. THEY HAD INCREASED 
CONSIDERABLY IN AREAL COVERAGE OVERNIGHT.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS MOSTLY 
OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES OVER BIG ISLAND. ELSEWHERE...CLOUD COVER 
CONSISTED MAINLY OF SPARSE MARINE CLOUDS MOVING ASHORE FROM THE 
EAST. LAYERED DEBRIS FROM AFTERNOON CLOUD BUILDUPS MOSTLY HAD 
DISSIPATED OVERNIGHT. THESE LOWER CLOUDS ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 4000 TO 
7000 FEET. RADAR DATA FROM NEAR THE ISLANDS SHOWED ISOLATED SHOWERS 
AT MOST.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.