Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 03:45:59 -0600

347 
FZPN01 KWBC 130945
HSFEP1
HSFEP1 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 13 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 14. 48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 
0600 UTC JAN 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 50N 173E 976 MB MOVING NW 15 KT...WILL TURN SW AFTER 24 
HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER TO 47N 176E TO 40N 171E TO 
33N 160E. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 480 NM NE SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN 
300 NM E OF FRONT FROM 35N TO 44N...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 
24 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 120 NM AND 600 NM NE SEMICIRCLE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS...AND WITHIN 840 NM SE AND E OF FRONT S OF 
47N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 172E 959 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE OF FRONT 
FROM 56N 173E TO 53N 178W TO 48N 173W...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 
16 TO 30 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 56N 170E 954 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 58N 177E TO 57N 171W TO 47N 165W. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT...AND 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...WINDS 
45 TO 60 KT SEAS 18 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM E AND 360 
NM S QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT OVER ICE 
FREE FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 172E 976 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
900 NM SE AND 1020 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 
TO 28 FT.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 46N 177E 976 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 45N 176W TO 36N 179E TO 30N 170E. WITHIN 360 NM E 
OF FRONT N OF 36N AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT FROM 33N TO 
36N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 
NM SE AND 1140 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 30 
FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 174W 962 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 16 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 171W 956 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 57N 
157W TO 51N 157W TO 40N 169W TO 30N 175E. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 16 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...240 NM NW QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 
300 NM E OF FRONT FROM 42N TO 54N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 
26 FT. ALSO N OF 48N BETWEEN 140W AND 178W...AND WITHIN 540 NM E 
OF FRONT S OF 48N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N 141W 995 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 49N 139W TO 40N 143W. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 480 NM 
REMAINING SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NW OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 42N 147W 
TO 36N 158W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ALSO BETWEEN 
300 NM AND 600 NM E SEMICIRCLE...WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT SEAS 16 
TO 20 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 136W 989 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. TRAILING FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 52N 
129W TO 46N 132W. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 36N 147W 1008 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 30N 152W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 15 
FT. .24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 139W 1010 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
46N 132W TO LOW CENTER TO 30N 142W. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT AND 
WITHIN 540 NM W OF A LINE FROM 46N 132W TO LOW CENTER TO 30N 
149W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 142W 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM NE...480 NM SE AND SW...AND 420 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N 147W 990 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 240 
NM REMAINING S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N 159W 1004 MB MOVING SE 35 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 
FT. .24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N 142W 1012 MB. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
ABOVE IN ASSOCIATION WITH LOW 39N 139W. 

...GALE WARNING...
.N OF 48N BETWEEN 150W AND 161W AREA OF W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 47N TO 59N BETWEEN 135W AND 151W AREA OF 
W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E OF A LINE FROM 56N 136W TO 45N 128W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 110 TO 17 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 54N 160W TO 54N 152W MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 55N 156W TO 54N 146W LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N AND E OF 178W 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W AREA OF N WINDS TO 25 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 139W AND 142W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 129W AND 132W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.FROM 41N TO 49N BETWEEN 177W AND 173E DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 48N 164W TO 
43N 178W TO 37N 178E DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 
1 NM. .48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 57N 152W 
TO 44N 169W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 47N 164W 1025 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N 152W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 140W 1042 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN JAN 13
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON JAN 14
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE JAN 15

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 20N BETWEEN 120W AND 135W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 
FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N W OF 135W SE TO S WINDS 20 KT SEAS 11 
TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 28N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST N TO 
NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 95W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC SUN JAN 13...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...10N85W 5N100W 7N125W 7N140W.
NO SIGNIFCANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER DGS
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.