Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:45:07 -0600

922 
FZPN40 PHFO 111045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON FEB 11 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FEB 11 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 12 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FEB 13 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT 30N165E 27N160E MOVING E 40 KT.  WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF 
25N W OF 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N176W 26N177E 23N163E.  WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
N OF 26N BETWEEN 165W AND 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N163W 25N172W 24N178W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 
20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N161W 26N170W THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT THRU 23N175E. 
COLD FRONT MOVING ENE 20 KT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF FORECAST WATERS.  
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N W OF 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT ENTERING FORECAST WATERS AT 30N160E.  WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE 25N160E 30N171E.

.HIGH 29N174W 1017 MB MOVING ENE 40 KT.

.RIDGE 30N145W 25N160W 25N170W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE WEST.

.RIDGE 21N170E 18N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 15N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 14 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE 30N160E 24N180 30N160W.  SEAS 8 FT OR 
LESS S OF 16N W OF 170W.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE 30N160E 24N180 
30N150W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 22N W OF 170E...AND S OF 08N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE 30N170E 23N180 
23N170W 30N160W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 18N W OF 170E AND S OF 04N 
E OF 170E.

.ITCZ...EASTERN SEGMENT 09N140W 06N160...WESTERN SEGMENT 04N166E 
04N160E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM N THE WESTERN SEGMENT AND 
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N OF THE EASTERN 
SEGMENT E OF 150W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.