Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:15:54 -0600

506 
FZPN01 KWBC 101015
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 10 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 39N 167E 998 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND W AND 
360 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 172E 994 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 179E 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 19 TO 31 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 23 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 420 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 164W 990 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE 540 
NM SW AND 480 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 
24 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 36N 170W 1000 MB MOVING E 35 KT...WILL TURN MORE NE IN 18 
HOURS. WITHIN 240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 
TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 161W 994 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 153W 990 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 300 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 145W 987 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 139W 980 NB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 45 TO 55 KT SEAS 21 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM SW AND 300 NM NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 
23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 420 NM NE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.  

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 47N 160E 990 MB WILL MOVE NE 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 160E 988 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 160E 974 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
44N AND W OF 177E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA WITH FRONT FROM 56N 173E TO 50N 
178E...WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N 152W 994 MB WILL MOVE NE 35 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 25 TO 37 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM SW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH FORECAST LOW 
55N 134W MENTIONED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N 139W 978 MB WILL MOVE NE 20 KT WITH FRONT FROM LOW TO 
51N 131W TO 48N 128W TO 41N 131W. WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT 
N OF 48N AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT S OF 48N...WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N 134W 985 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 300 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS INLAND. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N 165E 1006 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 173E 998 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 420 
NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 21 FT.  

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 56N 155W TO 56N 171W TO 60N 178W...MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N 154W TO 56N 166W TO 59N 
173W...MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 55N 151W TO 55N 161W TO 58N 
171W...MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 60N 148W 988 MB DRIFTING N 05 KT. WITHIN 660 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N 148W 992 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 660 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 147W 992 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 600 
NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 54N 180 TO 53N 168E. WITHIN 180 NM N OF 
FRONT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 125W AND 131W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W...DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 44N 179E 1018 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 34N 125W 1026 MB WILL MOVE SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 131W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 129W 1026 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 175E 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU JAN 10
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI JAN 11
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT JAN 12

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.FROM 5N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT 
IN NW SWELL. N OF 25N E OF 118W N WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 21N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 4N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 125W NE WIND 20 KT SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 120W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0900 UTC THU JAN 10...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...5N77W 6N85W 4N100W 6N120W 
4N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER DGS
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.