Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:19:44 -0600

592 
FZPN01 KWBC 161619
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC JAN 16 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC JAN 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC JAN 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST INTENSIFYING LOW 37N 171E 989 MB. WITHIN 480 
NM SE AND S QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ALSO 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 660 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLES AND 240 
NM N AND NE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N 180 972 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E AND 240 NM 
S QUADRANTS...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N 177W 966 MB...WITH A FRONT FROM 49N 
172W TO 41N 170W TO 35N 173W TO 31N 176W. WITHIN 180 NM OF 
CENTER...EXCEPT NE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT N 
OF 38N...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM 
SE...780 NM S AND SW...AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS AND ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 18 TO 26 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM NW AND N...720 NM E...AND 960 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.   

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 180 985 MB MOVING N 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE...360 NM 
S...AND 480 NM NW AND N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 14 TO 
26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 180 989 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND S AND 
360 NM NW AND N QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 170E 990 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N 151W 1003 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 720 NM NE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 152W 1012 MB. WITHIN 660 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS OVER FORECAST WATERS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 11 TO 17 
FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N 153W 1019 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N 148W 1000 MB MOVING NE 50 KT. WITHIN 660 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 131W...AREA OF N WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 44N AND E OF 
132W...AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 42N AND W OF 130W...AREA OF N TO 
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 134W...AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 42N AND W OF 130W...AREA OF N TO 
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N 164W 1009 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 156W 1009 MB. WITHIN 660 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N 143W 1006 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E AND 660 
NM S QUADRANTS AND 240 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N 171W 1002 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 
S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 167W 1001 MB. OVER ICE FREE WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM E SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.  

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE WATERS N OF 59N AND W OF 170W...AREA OF MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 63N 166W 988 MB MOVING NE 20 KT...WITH FRONT FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 59N 166W TO 56N 171W. OVER ICE FREE WATERS WITHIN 180 
NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND ALASKA WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 49N 170E 993 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
AND 180 NM W OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 53N 165E TO 58N 
166E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 36N TO 58N BETWEEN 145W AND 160W...AREAS OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 54N BETWEEN 140W AND 160W...AREAS 
OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 58N BETWEEN 135W AND 155W...AREAS 
OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 46N 134W 1042 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N 133W 1038 MB. 

.HIGH S OF AREA 29N 166E 1021 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 167W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 151W 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER ACHORN. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED JAN 16
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU JAN 17
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI JAN 18

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 26N W OF 136W SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. FROM 13N TO 23N BETWEEN 122W AND 135W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 8N W OF 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 22N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 26N BETWEEN 118W AND 134W 
N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 26N W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS
TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 23N TO 27N E OF 127W
NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 5N W OF 115W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW AND N SWELL.

.18 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 30N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT SEAS BUILDING TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 11N E OF 88W...INCLUDING THE GULF
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W...INCLUDING THE GULF
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 1500 UTC WED JAN 16...
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 12N104W 
15N101W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 6N78W 6N90W 6N100W 9N110W
8N122W 6N134W 6N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN
60 NM S OF AXIS E OF 81W.

$$
FORECASTER AGUIRRE
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.