Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:28:54 -0600

331 
ATHW40 PHFO 131828
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SUN JAN 13 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC JANUARY 13 2008

THE LEADING EDGE OF A 200 MILE WIDE CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A 
COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N 146W TO 22N 156W. THESE CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH. EAST OF 150W...THE BAND IS COMPOSED OF 
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS. WEST OF 150W...THE BAND IS COMPOSED 
PRIMARILY OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS AND ALTOCUMULUS CLOUDS... 
WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING CUMULUS WITH TOPS TO 14000 FT. 

WEST OF THE MAIN FRONTAL CLOUD BAND...CLOUDS TRANSITION TO 
WIDESPREAD STRATOCUMULUS ELEMENTS. THESE CLOUDS ARE BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST IN COVERAGE...AND EXTEND WESTWARD THROUGH THE DATELINE. 
BETWEEN 160W AND 170W...THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE SOUTH 
SOUTHWEST AT 25 MPH. BETWEEN 170W AND 180...THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING 
TO THE WEST AT 20 MPH. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LOW NEAR 30N 154W...OR ABOUT 650 
MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU. THIS LOW IS MOVING SOUTHEASTWARD 
AT 30 MPH. ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS WITH TOPS TO 32000 FT ARE 
LOCATED WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE CENTER OF THE UPPER LOW. BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST CIRRUS AND CIRROSTRATUS ARE LOCATED EAST OF THE FRONTAL 
CLOUD BAND...GENERALLY BETWEEN 140W AND 150W NORTH OF 26N. 

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS COVER 
KAUAI...OAHU...AND MOLOKAI...AND THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS. 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS AND CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE LOCATED 
OVER LANAI AND WEST MAUI...WITH ONLY SCATTERED CUMULUS CLOUDS ACROSS 
THE CENTRAL VALLEY AND NORTHERN SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. ON THE BIG 
ISLAND...BROKEN TO OVERCAST CUMULUS AND STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS COVER 
EASTERN SLOPES BELOW 3000 FT FROM NORTH KOHALA TO PUNA DISTRICTS... 
AND EXTEND 150 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE NORTHEAST. 

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.