Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 22:45:10 -0600

624 
FZPN40 PHFO 010445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE JAN 01 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 01 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 02 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 03 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT 30N 144W 28N 148W THENCE A SHEAR LINE THRU 20N 160W 16N 
166W. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING SE 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 168W 20N 160E 12N 160E 08N 160W 30N 
145W 30N 168W .
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING SHEAR LINE THROUGH 30N 140W 24N 147W. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N 180 17N 165E 10N 165E 
12N 147W 26N 147W 25N 180.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 22N BETWEEN 150W 
AND 175E.

RIDGE 30N 179E 24N 160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 8 FT OF LESS S OF 05N W OF 175W.  SEAS 14 TO 17 FT BETWEEN 12N 
AND 26N BOUNDED BY 166W AND 170E.  ELSEWHERE...SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 06N W OF 175W.  SEAS 14 TO 
17 FT BETWEEN 10N AND 23N BOUNDED BY 165W AND 168E. ELSEWHERE...SEAS 
9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 06N W OF 170E. SEAS 
14 TO 17 FT OVER AREA BOUNDED BY 22N 165W 22N 160E 14N 160E 07N 176E 
15N 165W 22N 165W. ELSEWHERE...SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.

ITCZ...08N 140W 08N 158W 07N 176W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 160W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS...
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.