Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:24:04 -0600

769 
FZPN01 KWBC 170423
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC JAN 17 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC JAN 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC JAN 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 35N 163E 1000 MB MOVING NE 30 KT 
AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 35N 
AND W OF 168E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 18 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N 174E 991 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 25 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N 180 976 MB. FROM 37N TO 41N BETWEEN 
176W AND 178E...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 120 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...240 NM S AND 300 NM E 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 43N W OF 180...WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 
E QUADRANTS AND 180 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 
TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N 175W 958 MB...WITH FRONT FROM 51N 174W 
TO 45N 167W TO 35N 168W. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND S SEMICIRCLES 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 25 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM W 
AND 300 NM E SEMICIRCLES...FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 171W AND 171E 
AND WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 40N...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT 
SEAS 18 TO 27 FT...EXCEPT S OF 43N W OF 171W SEAS 21 TO 33 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 960 NM S AND 840 NM E QUADRANTS AND 720 NM OF CENTER 
ELSEWHERE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 173W AND 171E...AREA OF W TO SW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 50N 165W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NEAR 56N 163W AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N 179W 988 MB MOVING N 10 KT...THEN TURNING SW AFTER 24 
HOURS. WITHIN 300 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 11 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 180 992 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N 177E 993 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N 160W 1007 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 240 
NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 13 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 152W 1003 MB WITH A FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM CENTER TO 58N 139W. N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 
13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 59N 132W 1005 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 
20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N 152W 1006 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM NE AND E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 152W 1012 MB WITH A TROUGH TO EXTEND N 
TO 57N 150W. WITHIN 420 NM E AND NE QUADRANTS...WITHIN 480 NM E 
OF TROUGH N OF 50N AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF TROUGH S OF 
50N...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N 153W 1014 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE AND 420 
NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 11 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W...AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 
30 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 42W BETWEEN 125W AND 130W...AREA 
OF N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 125W AND 137W...AREA 
OF NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N AND W OF 170W...AREA OF MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 59N AND W OF 175W...AREA OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 60N 144W 1012 MB MOVING E 15 KT. N OF 50N AND E OF 
151W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND WITH CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

.LOW 48N 173E 996 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 38N TO 54N BETWEEN 140W AND 159W...AREAS OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 57N BETWEEN 139W AND 152W...AREAS 
OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 48N BETWEEN 148W AND 155W...AREAS 
OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY TO BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 46N 135W 1043 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N 134W 1039 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 32N 176W 1021 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 160W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N 145W 1034 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU JAN 17
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI JAN 18
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT JAN 19

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.N OF 13N W OF 117W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 8N W OF 119W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N W OF 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.6 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 30N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 24N TO 27N NW WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.30 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 11N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC THU JAN 17...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 6N78W 6N100W 10N114W 6N122W
6N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.