Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:09:31 -0600

134 
FQPS01 NFFN 301800    
MARINE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR ISLANDS AREA
EQUATOR TO 25S BETWEEN 160E AND 120W.
ISSUED BY FIJI METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE Jan 302000 UTC.

PART 1 : WARNING HURRICANE WARNING 084 ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Jan
30/1918 UTC 2008 UTC.
SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [970HPA] CATEGORY 3 WAS LOCATED
NEAR 18 DECIMAL 8 SOUTH 172 DECIMAL 0 EAST AT 301800 UTC. POSITION
FAIR.  REPEAT POSITION 18.8 SOUTH 172.0 EAST AT 301800 UTC.
CYCLONE MOVING WEST ABOUT 05 KNOTS BUT EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY TURN
SOUTHWEST.

EXPECT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 65 KNOTS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 63 KNOTS WITHIN 30 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 47 KNOTS WITHIN 50 MILES OF CENTRE.
EXPECT WINDS OVER 33 KNOTS WITHIN 120 MILES OF CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN
SEMICIRCLE                         AND WITHIN 100 MILES OF CENTRE
ELSEWHERE. FORECAST POSITION NEAR 19.2S 171.0E AT 310600 UTC  AND
NEAR 19.7S 169.9E AT 311800 UTC.

ALL VESSELS WITHIN 300 NAUTICAL MILES OF THE CENTRE ARE REQUESTED TO
SEND REPORTS EVERY THREE HOURS TO RSMC NADI. VOS REPORTING SHIPS USE
NORMAL CHANNELS.

OTHER VESSELS FAX PLUS 679 6720190 OR EMAIL NADITCC AT MET DOT GOV
DOT FJ.

THIS WARNING CANCELS AND REPLACES WARNING 083.  

PARTS 2 AND 3 : SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST VALID UNTIL Jan 311800 UTC.

 SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GENE CENTRE [970HPA] CATEGORY 3 NEAR 18.8S
172.0E AT 301800 UTC.OUTSIDE WARNING AREA EXPECT CLOCKWISE WINDS 20
TO 25 KNOTS WITHIN 150 MILES OF TC CENTRE IN THE SOUTHERN SEMI CIRCLE
AND WITHIN 120 MILES ELSELWHERE. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS. DAMAGING
HEAVY SWELLS.

CONVERGENCE ZONE CZ1: 07S 160E 08S 170E 10S 177E 13S 178E 17S 176E TO
TC GENE SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY RAIN AND
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 200 MILES OF CZ1 AND TC. EXPECT NORTHEAST TO
NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS AND UPTO 30 KNOTS AT TIMES WITHIN 120
MILES OF CZ1. ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH SEAS. 

TROUGH T1: 17S 178E 14S 170W 13S 160W 19S 145W 25S 132W SLOW MOVING.
POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS  AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100
MILES OF T1.

TROUGH T2:20S 168E 25S 176W SLOW MOVING. POOR VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF T2.

TROUGH T3: 15S 160E 14S 167E 15S 171E TO TC GENE SLOW MOVING. POOR
VISIBILITY IN SQUALLY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF
T3.

OVER BROAD AREA SOUTH OF 10S EAST OF 150W, MODERATE SOUTHERLY SWELL.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.