Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 05:22:59 -0600

551 
FZPN01 KWBC 281122
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...RETRANSMITTED
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC JAN 28 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC JAN 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC JAN 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 178E 1008 MB AND WILL RAPIDLY 
INTENSIFY. FROM 31N TO 44N BETWEEN 176W AND 172E...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 175W 996 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NE AND SW 
AND 600 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 169W 975 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 161W 968 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM NW AND 720 NM SE SEMICIRCLES...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT SEAS 12 
TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 57N 154W 993 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 600 NM 
S AND SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 57N 144W 985 MB. 
WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 53N 139W TO 51N 
129W...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 
NM E...180 NM N...540 NM W...AND 1020 NM S QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N 124W 1000 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND 660 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 39N 157E 985 MB. WITHIN 360 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 164E 975 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM NE AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 
55 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 47N AND W OF 
179E... WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 59N 174E 972 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 840 NM 
SE AND 960 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N 179E 984 MB. OVER ICE FREE WATERS 
WITHIN 600 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 14 TO 
26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N 165W 995 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 420 NM 
SW QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 46N 125W 995 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 540 NM NW AND 840 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 171E 999 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 53N 161W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 54N 152W TO 45N 156W TO 39N 
168W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 162W AND 177W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VISIBILITY BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 33N 156W 1033 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 41N 169W 1028 MB MOVING E 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N 151W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N 138W 1033 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N 168E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N 169W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON JAN 28
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE JAN 29
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED JAN 30

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W 14N96W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 9N TO 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 110W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 6N TO 12N BETWEEN 94W AND 110W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 9N TO 12N BETWEEN 85W AND 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 5N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 90W AND 94W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY 
IN E SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 9N TO 11N BETWEEN 85W AND 88W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 6N 
TO 12N BETWEEN 88W AND 94W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 6N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N 
WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 9N79W 6N79W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS TO 
20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 27N NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 26N W OF 115W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
NW SWELL. FROM 8N TO 16N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 13 TO 15 
FT IN IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 26N115W 17N116W 6N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 20N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 
10 TO 13 FT IN IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 3N W OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 7N TO 22N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. N OF 23N E OF 115W NW WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS 
8 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NW TO N SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0845 UTC MON JAN 28...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 5N77W 4N105W 8N120W 
8N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.