Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:46:08 -0600

649 
FZPN01 KWBC 130346
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FEB 13 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FEB 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FEB 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 46N 169W 944 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 26 TO 49 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 600 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM NE 
AND E OF FRONT FROM 50N 170W TO 52N 164W TO 48N 158W TO 38N 
159W...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 17 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 
NM NE...1140 NM SE...900 NM SW...AND 720 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. ALSO WITHIN 780 NM NE...720 NM 
SE...1080 NM SW...AND 660 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM E 
AND SE OF FRONT S OF 46N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 32 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 160W 962 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 59N 
147W TO 52N 141W TO 32N 157W. WITHIN 360 NM SE...420 NM SW...AND 
360 NM NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 22 TO 44 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 60 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 57N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N 153W 975 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE EXCEPT TO 1080 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
15 TO 31 FT WITH HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 56N 146W. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM 
SE AND E OF FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 54N 131W TO 41N 142W...WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.W OF A LINE FROM 44N 161E TO 30N 164E AREA OF SE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N 168E 978 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 50N 
161E TO LOW CENTER. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 
480 NM SE AND 180 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 12 TO 
19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM NE AND E OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 
840 NM SE AND 660 NM SW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 
17 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 171E 968 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER 
EXCEPT TO 300 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N 175E 961 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 48N 180 TO 43N 172W TO 35N 171W TO 30N 179W. WITHIN 
180 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 60 KT SEAS 24 TO 36 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER...AND WITHIN 120 NM NE AND E 
OF FRONT N OF 37N...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 480 NM NE AND NW QUADRANTS...300 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND 
480 NM E OF FRONT S OF 47N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N 136W 995 MB MOVING NW 30 KT. FROM 47N TO 59N BETWEEN 
130W AND 146W...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 122W AND 127W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 121W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 120W AND 131W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 11 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 41N W OF 165E AREA OF W TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 46N 155E 976 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 1260 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 16 TO 
32 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 56N 171W TO 56N 163W MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 55N 171W TO 55N 
163W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 55N 164W TO 55N 
156W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 38N TO 49N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W AREA OF DENSE FOG 
OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 57N 146W TO 49N 
144W TO 38N 151W AREA OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY 
BELOW 1 NM. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 53N 136W TO 46N 
141W AREA OF DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 38N BETWEEN 167W AND 172W AREA OF 
DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 40N 138W 1033 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N 133W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 125W 1029 MB. 

.HIGH 34N 170E 1020 MB MOVING SE 40 KT...TURNING NE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N 171W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N 156W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED FEB 13
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU FEB 14
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI FEB 15

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 25N W OF 132W NE WINDS 20 KT SEAS 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N117W 6N108W 6N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N125W 16N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 7N W OF 129W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 30N116W 22N116W 5N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS N PART.

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF THE COAST 
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N FROM 94W TO 96W N WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 0300 UTC WED FEB 13...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...4N77W 4N110W 7N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF 4.5N84.5W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 7N100W 
3N109W. 

$$
FORECASTER LL
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.