Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:28:13 -0600

452 
ATHW40 PHFO 150528
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC FRI FEB 15 2008

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC FEBRUARY 15 2008

A COLD FRONT NORTH OF THE STATE HAS FALLEN APART.  FRAGMENTS AND 
SOME LONGER SEGMENTS OF THE FRONT WERE IN DISARRAY BETWEEN 27N AND 
32N FROM 150W TO 170W.  SWATHS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS 
FLOWING OVER THE REGION WERE OBSCURING MUCH OF THE LOW TO MID LEVEL 
CLOUDS MAKING UP THE FRONTAL REMNANTS NORTH OF THE STATE.  SOME 
STRANDS OF CIRRUS WERE FLOWING SOUTHEASTWARD AND PASSING OVER THE 
ISLANDS EARLY THIS EVENING. 

ANOTHER FRONTAL CLOUD BAND HAD ENTERED THE REGION FROM THE WEST.  
THIS NEXT FRONT EXTENDED SOUTHWEST THROUGH 30N 173W THROUGH 27N 
180.  NEAR THE DATELINE...THE FRONT WAS MOVING EASTWARD TOWARD THE 
ISLANDS NEAR 15 MILES AN HOUR.      

AT 7 PM...A BAND OF BROKEN CIRRUS CLOUDS WAS OVER THE BIG ISLAND.  A 
SMATTERING OF LOW CLOUDS WAS SOMEWHAT EVENLY DISTRIBUTED AMONGST ALL 
THE ISLANDS WITH A GOOD AMOUNT OF CLEAR SKIES MIXED IN.  FEW... 
MOSTLY ISOLATED PATCHES OF SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WERE NOTED OVER THE 
SURROUNDING COASTAL WATERS.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED AN UPPER LOW NEAR 22N 141W OR ABOUT 915 
MILES EAST OF HILO.  THE LOW WAS CURRENTLY MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHEAST 
NEAR 8 MILES AN HOUR.  THE UPPER LOW AND ASSOCIATED JET STREAM 
SOUTH OF THE LOW AND FLOWING EAST-NORTHEASTWARD...WERE PRODUCING 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 08N 150W...16N 140W 
AND 09N 123W. 

$$ 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.