Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:09:11 -0600

103 
FZPN40 PHFO 112309
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI JAN 11 2008
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 11 2008.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 12 2008.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 13 2008.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE 
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

COLD FRONT THRU 30N 167W 26N 177W MOVING E 35 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 175W AND 164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 157W 26N 163W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
N OF 27N BETWEEN 154W AND 173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT THRU 30N 148W 24N 152W 22N 154W. WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 144W AND 163W.

RIDGE THRU 30N 167E 27N 175E 24N 179W MOVING E 20 KT.

RIDGE THRU 28N 140W 25N 146W 26N 157W 25N 166W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE WEST.

NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 24N AND 07N W OF 180.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 23N AND 07N W OF 
170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 24N AND 06N FROM 
160W TO 163E.

E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 06N FROM 150W TO 180.
.12 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF LINE 30N 169E 15N 146W 19N 140W...AND 
FROM 02N TO 19N BETWEEN 178W AND 148W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT OVER REST OF 
AREA EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN AREA S OF LINE 02N 160E 06N 170E 
EQ 178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 20 TO 30 FT N OF LINE 30N 178W 26N 174W 
30N 162W. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 30N 171E 21N 179E 
30N 153W. REST OF AREA SEAS 8 TO 13 FT...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS IN 
AREA S OF LINE 03N 160E 09N 167E EQ 179E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 20 TO 25 FT N OF A LINE 22N 165W 27N 155W 
30N 154W. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 07N 177W 07N 166W 
30N 147W. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N 177W 07N 177W 
12N 166E 19N 166E 30N 177W AND N OF LINE 29N 160E 28N 163E 30N 168E. 
REST OF AREA 8 TO 12 FT 07N 160E 09N 166E 03N 176E.

ITCZ...05N 140W 03N 155W 07N 170W 04N 160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 240 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 160W.

$$

FOR THOSE MARINERS USING THE NOAA FTPMAIL E-MAIL SERVICE TO OBTAIN 
MARINE FORECASTS...THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL PERMANENTLY TRANSITION TO 
[email-masked] EFFECTIVE JAN 08 2008. FOR DETAILS... 
OBTAIN THE LATEST FTPMAIL HELP FILE BY SENDING AN E-MAIL /USE LOWER 
CASE LETTERS/ WITH ONLY THE WORD...HELP...IN THE BODY TO 
[email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.