Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:22:12 -0600

971 
FZPN01 KWBC 142222
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC JAN 14 2008 
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E. 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC JAN 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC JAN 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 179W 970 MB MOVING NE 25 KT AND INTENSIFYING WITH FRONT 
FROM 50N 174W TO 45N 174W TO 39N 179W TO 31N 173E. WITHIN 240 NM 
S QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 900 NM E OF FRONT N OF 45N AND WITHIN 480 NM E OF FRONT S 
OF 45N...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N 177W 966 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 50 TO 65 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N 173W 973 MB. FRONT FROM 57N 155W TO 
52N 160W TO 45N 162W TO 38N 167W TO 32N 173W. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM N AND 480 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS AND 420 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 45N AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT S OF 45N...WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. N OF 58N AND E OF 173W...WINDS TO 
25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N 165E 962 MB WILL MOVE SE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 45 TO 60 KT SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 1080 NM S AND 300 NM E QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N 175E 976 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 40 TO 50 KT SEAS 19 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 900 NM S AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 
15 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 178W 988 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 32N 145W 1000 MB WILL BE NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM 
NW QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N 146W 1001 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 600 
NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N 147W 1002 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 600 
NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N 152W 1012 MB. WITHIN 660 NM NE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 48N TO 57N AND E OF 144W...AREA OF WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.30 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W...AREA 
OF N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 131W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 62N AND W OF 172W MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 59N AND W OF 172W OCCASIONALLY MODERATE 
TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 59N 180 TO 58N 171W TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N 177W 1006 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 54N AND E OF 140W...AREA OF W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.FROM 35N TO 57N BETWEEN 155W TO 170W...DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY 
REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 480 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 59N 143W TO 
44N 160W TO 32N 169W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 
1 NM. .48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM E OF A LINE FROM 52N 150W 
TO 39N 153W DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 145W AND 168W DENSE 
FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY BELOW 1 NM. 

.HIGH 44N 147W 1035 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 134W 1044 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N 133W 1043 MB. 

.HIGH 37N 127W 1029 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON JAN 14
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE JAN 15
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED JAN 16

.WARNINGS.
.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST
.NW OF LINE 30N135W 23N140W  S WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  S OF 20N FROM 102W TO 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT
SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  NW OF LINE 30N133W 23N140W  SE TO S WIND 20 
TO 25 KT  SEAS 15 FT IN NW SWELL.  FROM 14N TO 25N BETWEEN 118W 
AND 128W  NE TO E WIND 20 KT  SEAS 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  
WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 9 FT IN NW SWELL.  S OF 20N FROM 97W 
TO 110W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  NW OF LINE 30N135W 26N140W  SE WIND TO 20 KT 
SEAS 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  FROM 14N TO 22N BETWEEN 118W AND 133W 
NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS 11 FT IN NE SWELL.  ELSEWHERE FROM 13N 
TO 24N W OF 110W AND N OF 22N W OF 120W  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  
SEAS 12 FT IN NW SWELL.  S OF 10N FROM 95W TO 100W  WIND LESS 
THAN 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF  
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WIND 20 TO 30 KT  SEAS 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W 14N96W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...
NE TO E WIND TO 20 KT  SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA  N OF 25N NW WIND 20 TO 25 KT  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WIND LESS THAN 20 KT  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID 2100 UTC MON JAN 14...
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...4N77W  7N110W  10N120W  5N130W  
6N140W.  NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM W OF STATIONARY SURFACE TROUGH 
FROM 11N TO 16N ALONG 120W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.