Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:27:33 -0600

764 
ATHW40 PHFO 311827
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON DEC 31 2007

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 31 2007

TROUGHING AT THE SURFACE AND ALOFT IS FOCUSING CLOUDS AND SHOWERS 
ACROSS MAUI COUNTY THIS MORNING. THE AXIS OF THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH 
IS CURRENTLY LOCATED OVER OAHU THROUGH 30N 149W...26N 155W...19N 
161W...AND 16N 165W AS IT TRAVELS TO THE EAST SOUTHEAST AT 10 MPH. 
THE TROUGHS ARE PRODUCING AN AREA OF BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS ACROSS 
ALL OF MAUI COUNTY AND ARE TRIGGERING ISOLATED...EMBEDDED 
THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 38000 FT OVER WATERS JUST NORTH OF MAUI 
COUNTY. RADAR REVEALS THAT THE THUNDERSTORMS ARE CONCENTRATED ALONG 
A WEAK CYCLONIC CIRCULATION WITHIN THE SURFACE TROUGH JUST NORTHEAST 
OF MOLOKAI. TO THE EAST...THE BIG ISLAND IS MAINLY EXPERIENCING 
BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS...THOUGH RADAR SHOWS SHOWERS MOVING ACROSS 
LEEWARD NORTH KOHALA AS WELL AS THE SOUTHEAST COAST OF THE ISLAND.

AS THE SURFACE AND UPPER LEVEL TROUGHS MOVE EASTWARD...CLOUD COVER 
IS GRADUALLY DECREASING OVER OAHU WITH MUCH FEWER CLOUDS ON KAUAI. 
BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS HAVE THINNED OVER OAHU IN THE PAST SIX 
HOURS...WITH TOPS CURRENTLY LIMITED TO 22000 FT. A FRESH NORTHEAST 
FLOW IS ESTABLISHED WEST OF THE SURFACE TROUGH ACROSS KAUAI... 
BRINGING PATCHES OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS TO THE NORTHEAST 
HALF OF THE GARDEN ISLE. INDIVIDUAL LOW CLOUD MOTIONS OVER WATERS  
NEAR KAUAI ARE FROM THE NORTHEAST AT 25 TO 30 MPH.

THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS ALSO DRIVING A SHEAR LINE TOWARD THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE SHEAR LINE IS CURRENTLY 125 MILES NORTH OF 
KAUAI AND IS MOVING TO THE SOUTHEAST AT 15 MPH. THIS FEATURE IS 
MARKED BY A 150 MILE-WIDE BAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS 
ALONG 30N 151W AND 24N 162W. 

$$
WROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.