Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:28:07 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 270600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/270600Z-280600ZJAN2008//
REF/A/MSG/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/262321ZJAN2008//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT./
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.2S
179.3W, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 14.0S 178.9W, APPROXIMATELY 305 NM
NORTHEAST OF NADI, FIJI. RECENT METSAT IMAGERY SHOWS LOW TO MID
LEVEL CYCLONIC TURNING WITH PERSISTENT CONVECTIVE BANDING WRAPPING
INTO THE CENTER. THE UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT CONTINUES TO BE
FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT WITH LOW VERTICAL WIND SHEAR, AN UPPER
LEVEL ANTICYCLONE AND GOOD EQUATORWARD AND POLEWARD OUTFLOW OVER THE
DISTURBANCE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO
30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1001
MB. SEE REF A (WTPN21 PGTW 262230) FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ALPHA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.