Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 23:46:09 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 250600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/250600Z-260600ZJAN2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.0S
164.0W, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 22.8S 162.7W, APPROXIMATELY 685 NM
SOUTHEAST OF PAGO-PAGO. RECENT ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS
THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) REMAINS FULLY EXPOSED AND
DETACHED FROM AN AREA OF WEAK, FRAGMENTED CONVECTION WITH GOOD
OUTFLOW. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES THE LLCC IS DRIFTING
SOUTHWARD ALONG THE WESTERN BOUNDARY OF A LOW-LEVEL SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
WITH STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. THE SYSTEM IS ALSO APPROACHING THE
BAROCLINIC ZONE AND GRADUALLY BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS AND MINIMUM
SEA LEVEL PRESSURE AT 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ALPHA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.