Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 20:47:08 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 100200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/100200Z-100600ZMAR2009//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/090151ZMAR2009//
REF/B/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/100151ZMAR2009//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 090000Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 18P (HAMISH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
22.1S 152.8E, APPROXIMATELY 320 NM NORTH OF BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA, AND
HAD TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 08 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 110 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 135 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 090300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 18.7S 156.4W,
APPROXIMATELY 415 NM WEST OF TAHITI. RECENT ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL
IMAGERY SHOWS A WELL-DEFINED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)
WITH FORMATIVE CONVECTIVE BANDING WRAPPING INTO THE CENTER. THIS
LLCC IS CONFIRMED BY A 091715Z QUIKSCAT PASS SHOWING WINDS OF 25 TO
30 KNOTS NEAR THE CENTER. AN ANTI-CYLCONE ALOFT, AND WEAK UPPER-
LEVEL TROUGHING TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE DISTURBANCE, ARE PROVIDING
AMPLE OUTFLOW FOR DEVELOPMENT. THE SYSTEM LIES IN A REGION OF WEAK
TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR, WARM SST (>26C) AND SIGNIFICANT
OCEAN HEAT CONTENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR
1001 MB. DUE TO THE FAVORABLE SURFACE CONDITON AS WELL AS GOOD
CONDITIONS ALOFT, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD. SEE REF B (WTPS21
PGTW 100200) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1) AS A GOOD.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.