Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 23:39:03 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 240600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/240600Z-250600ZFEB2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 3.6N
135.2E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 3.4N 136.0E, APPROXIMATELY 250 NM SOUTH-
SOUTHEAST OF KOROR. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A
240044Z METOP-A IMAGE DEPICT AN EXPOSED, POORLY-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH NO ASSOCIATED DEEP CONVECTION. THERE
IS A LINE OF DEEP CONVECTION NORTH OF THE CENTER, WHICH IS
ASSOCIATED WITH CONVERGENT LOW-LEVEL FLOW AND DIVERGENCE ALOFT BUT
NO EVIDENCE OF ANY DEEP CONVECTIVE BANDING WRAPPING INTO THE SYSTEM.
A 240042Z ASCAT IMAGE AND SHIP OBSERVATIONS FROM 2AJU5 AND A8IH5
SUPPORT THE WEAK LLCC WITH 10-15 KNOT WINDS AND SLP NEAR 1008MB.
ALTHOUGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR IS LOW, THE ENVIRONMENT IS POOR WITH
DEEP EASTERLY FLOW AND VERY DRY AIR ABOVE 800MB AS DEPICTED ON THE
LATEST SOUNDING FROM KOROR (91408). MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED
TO POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: ECHO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.