Subject: Pacific-NW: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 03:08:35 -0600

757 
WWPN20 KNES 020908

A.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE (99W)

B.  02/0830Z

C.  8.4N

D.  129.8E

E.  FIVE/MTSAT

F.  T1.0/1.0/D1.0/24HRS

G.  IR/EIR/VIS/AMSU

H.  REMARKS...CIRCULATION IS VERY LARGE AND APPARANCE OF ENTIRE SYSTEM
LOOKS MORE LIKE A SMALL MONSOON GYRE...WHICH IS INHERANTLY DIFFICULT TO
CLASSIFY WITH DVORAK METHOD.  STILL CONVECTION HAS WANED SIGNIFICANTLY
EXCEPT FOR A FAR NW BAND OF ISOLATED DEEP CONVECTION ALONG THE EAST COAST
OF THE SOUTHERN PHILIPPINES...BUT NOT ENOUGH BANDING TO ESTABLISH A DT.
MET IS 1.0. PT IS 1.0 BASED ON STRENGTH OF CIRCULATION ONLY. FT OF 1.0
BASED ON MET...GALLINA

I.  ADDL POSITIONS

    02/0511Z 8.9N 129.6E AMSU

=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.