Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 00:38:16 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 110600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/110600Z-120600ZMAR2009//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110151ZMAR2009//
REF/B/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110152ZMAR2009//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
/CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 110000Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 18P (HAMISH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
24.2S 155.2E, APPROXIMATELY 230 NM NORTHEAST OF BRISBANE AUSTRALIA,
AND HAD TRACKED WESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 50 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 110300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.8S
156.4W, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 21.0S 158.1W, APPROXIMATELY 95 NM EAST
OF RAROTONGA, COOK ISLANDS. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS
FORMATIVE CONVECTIVE BANDING OVER THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE WEAKLY
WRAPPING INTO AN IMPROVING LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A
110418Z SSMI/S 37 GHZ IMAGE COMPARED TO OLDER IMAGERY INDICATES A
SLOWLY IMPROVING SYSTEM WITH DEEP CONVECTION CONSOLIDATING CLOSER TO
THE CENTER. A 101940Z ASCAT IMAGE CONTINUES TO INDICATE 25 TO 30
KNOT WINDS NEAR THE CENTER. OVERALL, THE ENVIRONMENT IS FAVORABLE
FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT WITH WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR, GOOD POLEWARD
OUTFLOW AND SST > 27C. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1001 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD. SEE REF B

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.