Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:48:12 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 120600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/120600Z-130600ZMAR2009//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/120151ZMAR2009//
REF/B/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/111951ZMAR2009//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 120000Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 18P (HAMISH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
21.8S 152.7E, APPROXIMATELY 485 NM SOUTHEAST OF CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA,
AND HAD TRACKED WESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 120300) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) AT 111800Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 20P (JONI) WAS LOCATED NEAR
22.2S 158.4W, APPROXIMATELY 95 NM SOUTHEAST OF RAROTONGA, COOK
ISLANDS, AND HAD TRACKED SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD AT 04 KNOTS OVER THE
PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 55
KNOTS GUSTING TO 70 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTPS32 PGTW 112100) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.