Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 23:40:08 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 240600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/240600Z-250600ZJAN2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.9S
163.8W, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.0S 164.0W, APPROXIMATELY 446 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF PAGO-PAGO. RECENT ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS
A FULLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) DETACHED FROM AN
AREA OF WEAK, FRAGMENTED CONVECTION WITH GOOD OUTFLOW. ENVIRONMENTAL
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE LLCC IS DRIFTING SOUTHWESTWARD ALONG THE
WESTERN BOUNDARY OF A LOW-LEVEL SUBTROPICAL RIDGE INTO AN AREA OF
STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR (VWS)ALBEIT WITH WARM SEA SURFACE TEMPERA-
TURES. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25
KNOTS AND MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE AT 1004 MB. DUE TO INCREASING
VWS, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: ALPHA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.