Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:04:06 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 091500
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/091500Z-100600ZFEB2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 8.7N 134.5E,
APPROXIMATELY 80 NM NORTH OF PALAU. RECENT ANIMATED INFRARED
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS DEEP CONVECTION DEVELOPING ALONG A
CONVERGENT BAND ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF A LOW LEVEL TROUGH
INDICATED IN A 091158Z ASCAT PASS. THE 24 HOUR PRESSURE TREND
RECORDED AT KOROR AIRPORT IN PALAU INDICATES MINIMAL PRESSURE
CHANGE ASSOCIATED WITH PASSAGE OF THIS DISTURBANCE TO THE
NORTHEAST OF THE ISLAND. THE DISTURBANCE LIES SLIGHTLY
EQUATORWARD OF AN UPPER-LEVEL ANTICYCLONE AXIS, IN AN AREA
OF MODERATE EASTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR BUT FAVORABLE
WESTWARD AND POLEWARD DIFFLUENCE ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. BASED ON LESS THAN
OPTIMAL UPPER-LEVEL CONDITIONS AND WEAK LOW LEVEL STRUCTURE,
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED POOR AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.