Subject: Pacific-NW: Msgid/genadmin/navmarfcstcen Pearl Harbor Hi/jtwc//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 00:33:20 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 230600

MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/230600Z-240600ZMAR2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 13.1S 152.7E,
APPROXIMATELY 460 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA. RECENT
ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY DEPICTS AN ELONGATED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH PERSISTENT CONVECTION DEVELOPING
ALONG THE PERIPHERY OF THE LLCC. A RECENT QUIKSCAT PASS SUPPORTS THE
CURRENT LOCATION AND INDICATES WINDS AROUND 15 TO 20 KNOTS AROUND
THE LLCC. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES THE LLCC IS LOCATED
POLEWARD OF A SUBTROPICAL RIDGE IN AN AREA OF DIVERGENCE AND
MODERATE TO HIGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURES ARE
VERY FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT THROUGHOUT THE AREA. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1001 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.