Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 04:18:08 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 051030
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/051030Z-060600ZMAR2009//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/050921ZMAR2009//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.9S
147.4E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.1S 147.2E, APPROXIMATELY 245 NM NORTH-
NORTHEAST OF CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS A CONSOLIDATING LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)
WITH IMPROVED CONVECTIVE BANDING WRAPPING INTO THE SOUTHEAST
QUADRANT. A 050719Z SSMI/S IMAGE SHOWS A RAPIDLY CONSOLIDATING LLCC
WITH MULTIPLE CONVECTIVE BANDS WRAPPING INTO THE CENTER. ANIMATED
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATES A DEVELOPING ANTICYCLONE OVER THE
SYSTEM WITH GOOD EQUATORWARD OUTFLOW. OVERALL, THE ENVIRONMENT IS
FAVORABLE FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT WITH WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR, WARM SST AND DEEP ATMOSPHERIC MOISTURE. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO GOOD. SEE REF A (WTPS21 PGTW 050930) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1) TO GOOD.
FORECAST TEAM: ECHO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.