Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:30:29 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 140600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/140600Z-150600ZJAN2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.1S
172.8E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.8S 171.8E, APPROXIMATELY 330 NM WEST
OF NADI, FIJI. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS A
WEAKENING, ELONGATED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH LIMITED
DEEP CONVECTION EMBEDDED WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH. RECENT MICROWAVE
IMAGERY INDICATES A POORLY-ORGANIZED LLCC WITH WEAK CONVECTIVE BAND-
ING AT BEST AND THE MAJORITY OF DEEP CONVECTION DISASSOCIATED FROM
AND DISPLACED 3-5 DEGREES NORTH AND NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER. A
132214Z ASCAT IMAGE SHOWED AN ELONGATED 15-20 KNOT LLCC WITH
STRONGER CONVERGENT FLOW EQUATORWARD OF 15S. THIS CONVERGENT FLOW
COMBINED WITH IMPROVED POLEWARD VENTING IS PRODUCING SIGNIFICANT
AREAS OF DEEP CONVECTION, HOWEVER, UPPER-LEVEL STRONG NORTHWESTERLY
FLOW OF 25-35 KNOTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE APPROACHING UPPER-LEVEL
SHORTWAVE TROUGH (NOW AT 171E) IS HINDERING FURTHER CONSOLIDATION.
BASED ON THE POORLY-ORGANIZED LLCC, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS DOWNGRADED TO POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.