Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 23:58:07 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 060600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/060600Z-070600ZJAN2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.5N
128.2E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.1N 126.2E, APPROXIMATELY 330 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF MANILA, PHILIPPINES. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS A GREATLY REDUCED AREA OF CONVECTION NORTHEAST OF
THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THIS REMNANT CONVECTION IS
BEING SEVERELY SHEARED TO THE NORTHEAST BY STRONG WINDS ASSOCIATED
WITH THE SUBBTROPICAL JET. A 052125Z QUIKSCAT PASS AND A 060056Z
AMSU-B MICROWAVE IMAGE SHOW A BROAD AND POORLY-DEFINED LLCC. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. WITH THE SUSTAINED
STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ALOFT AND THE LLCC BECOMING MORE
DISORGANIZED, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.