Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 01:18:05 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 200600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/200600Z-210600ZMAR2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.5S 154.3E
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.6S 154.1E, APPROXIMATELY 485 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST
OF CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA. RECENT ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS CONVECTIVE BANDING PERSISTING ON THE EASTERN AND SOUHTERN
PERIPHERIES OF A BROAD LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) ALSO EVIDENT
IN A 191942Z QUIKSCAT PASS. THIS QUIKSCAT PASS SHOWS 20 TO 30 KNOT
WINDS ON THE PERIPHERIES OF THE LLCC WITH WEAKER 10 TO 15 KNOT WINDS
NEAR THE CENTER. THE DISTURBANCE LIES SLIGHTLY POLEWARD OF AN UPPER
LEVEL RIDGE AXIS, IN AN AREA OF LOW TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND
FAVORABLE POLEWARD OUTFLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO
BE NEAR 1001 MB. BASED ON A GOOD LOW LEVEL SIGNATURE AND FAVORABLE
UPPER LEVEL SUPPORT, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.