Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:31:09 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 052200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/052200Z-060600ZJAN2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 12.3N
128.5E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.5N 128.2E, APPROXIMATELY 450 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF MANILA, PHILIPPINES. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS A WEAKENING LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
LIMITED CONVECTION SHEARED TO THE NORTHEAST. A 051719Z AMSU-B 89 GHZ
IMAGE SHOWS A BROAD LLCC WITH WEAK BANDING WRAPPING INTO THE CENTER.
THE REMNANTS OF THE DEEP CONVECTION IS BEING SHEARED TOWARDS THE
NORTHEAST WITH VERY LITTLE NEW CONVECTION FORMING NEAR THE CENTER. A
051223Z ASCAT IMAGE SHOWED AN OPEN WAVE WITH 15-20 KNOT UNFLAGGED
WINDS. MULTIPLE SHIP OBSERVATIONS WITHIN 130 NM OF THE CENTER
INDICATED SLP NEAR 1008 MB AND WINDS RANGING FROM 5-25 KNOTS.  THE
ENCROACHING BAROCLINIC ZONE IS MOVING CLOSER TOWARDS THE LLCC AND IS
STARTING TO INHIBIT UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW AND IS INCREASING VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR IN THE AREA. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS DOWNGRADED
TO POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: DOWNGRADED AREA IN PARA. 1.B.(1) TO
POOR.
FORECAST TEAM: ALPHA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.