Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:45:09 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 240200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/240200Z-240600ZFEB2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 3.6N 135.2E,
APPROXIMATELY 225 NM SOUTH OF KOROR. RECENT ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL
AND WATER VAPOR SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS DEEP CONVECTION DEVELOPING
ALONG A CONVERGENT BAND ON THE NORTHWESTERN PERIPHERY OF A WEAK LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). EARLIER QUIKSCAT AND WINDSAT DATA
SHOWS WEAK WINDS NEAR THE CENTER, AND A 12Z SURFACE OBSERVATION
DEPICTED PRESSURES OF 1006 MB WITH WINDS OF 12KTS NEAR THE
DISTURBANCE. THE LLCC LIES IN AN AREA OF UPPER-LEVEL DIFFLUENCE
AND WEAK TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. DUE TO THE DEVELOPING BAND AND
CONSOLIDATING LLCC, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL DISTURBANCES.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1) AS A FAIR.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.