Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 00:37:09 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 100600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/100600Z-110600ZMAR2009//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/100151ZMAR2009//
REF/B/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/100153ZMAR2009//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
/CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 100000Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 18P (HAMISH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
24.4S 154.8E, APPROXIMATELY 210 NM NORTH-NORTHEAST OF BRISBANE
AUSTRALIA, AND HAD TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD AT 07 KNOTS OVER THE PAST
SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 90
KNOTS GUSTING TO 110 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 100300) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.7S
156.4W, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.8S 156.4W, APPROXIMATELY 250 NM
NORTHEAST OF RAROTONGA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY DEPICTS
RELATIVELY WEAK DEEP CONVECTION LOCATED PRIMARILY SOUTHEAST OF THE
LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) AND FORMATIVE BANDING. A 100431Z
SSMI/S 37 GHZ IMAGE INDICATES A WEAKLY-DEFINED LLCC WITH LIMITED
BANDING EAST OF THE CENTER. A 091954Z PARTIAL ASCAT SHOWED 20-25
KNOT WINDS OVER THE EASTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. HOWEVER. IN THE MID- TO
UPPER-LEVELS THE SYSTEM HAS A FAIRLY IMPRESSIVE SIGNATURE WITH
EXCELLENT OUTFLOW ENHANCED BY A TROUGH APPROXIMATELY 1200 NM
SOUTHEAST OF THE LLCC. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED
AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE
NEAR 1001 MB. BASED ON THE FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT AND THE POSSIBILITY
THAT THE LLCC WILL CONTINUE TO STRENGTHEN, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS GOOD. SEE REF B (WTPS21 PGTW 100200) FOR FURTHER
DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.