Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 03:35:10 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 071000
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/071000Z-080600ZJAN2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 16.4S 168.2E,
APPROXIMATELY 360 NM NORTH-NORTHEAST OF NOUMEA, NEW CALEDONIA.
LATEST INFRARED SATELLITE ANIMATION SHOWS A BROAD LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION WITH DISORGANIZED ALBEIT DEEP CONVECTION. UPPER LEVEL
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS UNDER MODERATE TO STRONG VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR AND CONVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH A MIDLATITUDE TROUGH.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS AND
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE AT 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: INCLUDED POOR AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1).
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.