Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 03:39:05 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 110900
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/110900Z-120600ZMAR2009//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110151ZMAR2009//
REF/B/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/110752ZMAR2009//
NARR/REFS A AND B ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 110000Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 18P (HAMISH) WAS LOCATED NEAR
24.2S 155.2E, APPROXIMATELY 230 NM NORTHEAST OF BRISBANE AUSTRALIA,
AND HAD TRACKED WESTWARD AT 04 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 50 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 110300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 110600Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 20P (TWENTY) WAS LOCATED NEAR
21.2S 158.1W, APPROXIMATELY 95 NM EAST OF RARO-TONGA COOK ISLANDS,
AND HAD TRACKED SOUTHWARD AT 06 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTPS32 PGTW 110900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 21.0S
158.1W, IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA.
2.A.(2) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1) TO
WARNING STATUS.
FORECAST TEAM: CHARLIE//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.