Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 00:43:08 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 180600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/180600Z-190600ZMAR2009//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/180151ZMAR2009//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 180000Z, TROPICAL CYCLONE 21P (KEN) WAS LOCATED NEAR
22.8S 162.7W, APPROXIMATELY 190 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF RAROTONGA
REMAINED QUASI-STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 06 HOURS. RECENT ANIMATED
MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH OPEN CELL CU TO THE WEST OF THE LLCC.
ANIMATED INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS A CELL OF DEEP CONVECTION TO THE
EAST OF THE LLCC WITH FRAGMENTED DEEP CONVECTIVE BANDS WRAPPING INTO
THE EAST SIDE. A 171709Z QUIKSCAT PASS REFLECTS A WELL FORMED LLCC
WITH 35KT UNFLAGGED WINDS CIRCLING THE CENTER. CURRENTLY THE LLCC
IS, AND HAD TRACKED OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING TO 45 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTPS31 PGTW 180300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.