Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 00:55:08 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 170600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/170600Z-180600ZMAR2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.9S
163.2W, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 20.8S 163.1W, APPROXIMATELY 190 NM WEST
OF RAROTONGA. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A 170100Z AMSR-
E IMAGE INDICATE A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) IS LOCATED ON
THE EASTERN SIDE OF AN ELONGATED REGION OF TROUGHING WITH MID TO
HIGH LEVEL CONVECTIVE BANDS SPIRALING TOWARD THE CENTER. THIS
SYSTEM, IS CONTINUING TO DEVELOP FROM THE MID-LEVELS DOWN TO THE
SURFACE, BUT HAS NOT CURRENTLY DEVELOPED A WELL ORGANIZED LLCC.
RECENT ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY REFLECTS DECREASING DEEP
CONVECTION OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS, BUT UPPER LEVEL OUTFLOW AND
CONVECTIVE PATTERN HAS BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED. THE UPPER LEVEL
ANTICYCLONE IS STILL LOCATED OVER THE LLCC PROVIDING GOOD
EQUATORWARD OUTFLOW. THE OVERALL ENVIRONMENT REMAINS VERY FAVORABLE
FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1000 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
FORECAST TEAM: BRAVO//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.