Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 23:07:07 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 030600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/030600Z-040600ZJAN2009//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.6N
128.4E WAS RE-LOCATED NEAR 8.2N 127.8E, APPROXIMATELY 555 NM
SOUTHEAST OF MANILA, PHILIPPINES. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS AN EXPOSED, BROAD LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)
WITH LITTLE ASSOCIATED DEEP CONVECTION OR DEEP CONVECTIVE BANDING.
THE LLCC REMAINS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE WEAK MONSOON TROUGH (AND QUASI-
STATIONARY) AND IS LOCATED SOUTH OF WIDESPREAD, PERSISTENT DEEP
CONVECTION FUELED BY STRONG DIFFLUENCE ALOFT AND LOW-LEVEL
CONVERGENCE OF STRONG NORTHERLY FLOW WITH EASTERLY FLOW. RECENT
SCATTEROMETER DATA SUPPORTS THIS DEPICTION WITH 10-15 KNOT UNFLAGGED
WINDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE LLCC. RECENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY ALSO FAILS
TO INDICATE ANY SIGNIFICANT CONSOLIDATION AND SHOWS THE LINEAR
NATURE OF THE CONVECTION FORMING ALONG THE CONVERGENT ASYMPTOTE
NORTH OF THE MONSOON TROUGH AXIS. UPPER AIR DATA FROM PTRO DEPICTS A
SUBSIDENCE INVERSION AT 800 MB WITH RELATIVELY DRY, STABLE AIR ABOVE.
SURFACE DATA FROM KOROR, HINATUAN, DAVAO AND VRXK4 INDICATE WEAK
WINDS AND SLP NEAR 1008 MB. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. BASED ON THE MARGINAL ENVIRONMENT, THE POTENTIAL
FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
FORECAST TEAM: DELTA//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.